时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m Dr. Jason Bull. I’m not a lawyer. | 我是杰森·布尔博士 我不是律师 |
[00:04] | I’m an expert in what’s called trial science. | 我是人们口中的庭审科学专家 |
[00:08] | I study the jury’s behavioral patterns. | 专门研究陪审团的行为模式 |
[00:11] | I know what they’re thinking before they do. | 预测他们的想法 |
[00:15] | Everything my team learns gets plugged into a matrix, | 我的团队搜集各种资料 输入到程序中 |
[00:19] | which allows us to assemble a mirror jury | 并组建起一个模拟陪审团 |
[00:22] | that is scary in its predictive efficiency. | 其预测率准得惊人 |
[00:27] | The verdict you get depends on me. | 判决结果掌握在我的手里 |
[00:30] | And that’s no bull. | 这可不是吹牛 |
[00:42] | Welcome to Open and Shut with Ellen Huff, | 欢迎收听艾伦·赫夫的真实犯罪类播客节目 |
[00:45] | a true crime podcast | 昭然若揭 |
[00:47] | investigating the unsolved murder of college athlete | 正在调查被誉为”天之骄子”的 |
[00:49] | Mike Tasker, considered a “Golden boy” | 哈德森大学篮球运动员 |
[00:52] | for Hudson University’s basketball team. | 迈克·塔斯克的凶杀案 |
[00:54] | Three years ago, | 三年前 |
[00:55] | Mike was found shot to death in Central Park, | 迈克在中央公园被枪杀 |
[00:59] | the apparent victim of a robbery gone bad. | 这显然是一起抢劫杀人案 |
[01:01] | With no leads since the murder, | 命案发生后 警方没有任何线索 |
[01:04] | the case had gone cold… | 于是就变成了悬案… |
[01:05] | That is, until earlier this year | 直到今年年初 |
[01:07] | Open and Shut unearthed a rape allegation | 昭然若揭曝光了一起强奸案 |
[01:09] | from another college student named Reese Burton | 受害者是一位名叫瑞茜·伯顿的大学生 |
[01:11] | that the police knew nothing about. | 而警察对此一无所知 |
[01:13] | Three years ago, she filed an anonymous complaint | 三年前 她曾匿名举报 |
[01:16] | accusing Mike of sexually assaulting her on campus. | 迈克在校园内对她进行性侵犯 |
[01:19] | The next week, Reese bought a gun, | 一周后 瑞茜买了把枪 |
[01:22] | began stalking Mike, | 并开始跟踪迈克 |
[01:23] | and the following week, she threatened him. | 又过了一周 她开始威胁他 |
[01:25] | That was the night he was killed. | 当晚他就遇害了 |
[01:28] | All of this was unknown | 在我开始调查前 |
[01:29] | until my investigation began. | 世人对此一无所知 |
[01:31] | Three years later, Reese’s DNA | 三年后 |
[01:33] | has been placed at the scene of the murder, | 犯罪现场检测出了瑞茜的DNA |
[01:35] | a damning piece of evidence | 证据确凿 |
[01:36] | that will most certainly land Reese behind bars. | 这下瑞茜可免不了牢狱之灾了 |
[01:38] | You are listening to Open and Shut with Ellen Huff. | 您正在收听由艾伦·赫夫主持的昭然若揭 |
[01:42] | The news media has gone wild | 新闻媒体争相报道昭然若揭 |
[01:44] | over the sensational new podcast Open and Shut. | 这轰动一时的新播客节目 |
[01:47] | If the cops arrest you, | 如果你没有犯事 |
[01:48] | you’re guilty of something. | 警察怎么会来抓你 |
[01:50] | I love being a part of something everyone’s talking about. | 我喜欢成为人们关注的焦点 |
[01:53] | It makes me feel connected. | 这让我觉得不再孤单 |
[01:54] | Sad to say, | 很遗憾 |
[01:56] | a good story spreads faster than the truth. | 坊间流言永远比事实真相传播得快 |
[01:58] | Doesn’t matter if you really did it. | 究竟是不是你做的不重要 |
[02:01] | All that matters is that people think you did it. | 重要的是 所有人都觉得就是你做的 |
[02:04] | You don’t look like a lawyer from Legal Aid. | 你不像法律援助派来的律师 |
[02:07] | Technically, I’m a psychologist. | 严格来说 我是个心理学家 |
[02:09] | I’m…Dr. Jason Bull. | 我是…杰森·布尔博士 |
[02:12] | Are you analyzing me? | 你在分析我吗 |
[02:15] | Yes. | 对 |
[02:16] | But that’s not why I’m here. | 但我并非为此而来 |
[02:18] | I’m here because you need help. A lot of help. | 我来是因为你需要帮助 非常需要 |
[02:20] | Not the kind of help you’re gonna get from Legal Aid. | 而法律援助无法满足你的要求 |
[02:22] | Trial Analysis Corporation? | 庭审分析公司 |
[02:26] | How do you help with trials? | 你们对庭审有何帮助 |
[02:27] | I change people’s minds for a living. | 我靠改变他人的想法谋生 |
[02:31] | Especially the jury’s. | 尤其是改变陪审团的想法 |
[02:33] | Have you heard the podcast? | 你听过那播客了吗 |
[02:35] | No. | 还没 |
[02:36] | It’s not really my thing. | 我对播客不感兴趣 |
[02:39] | I don’t believe in “Open and Shut,” | 我不信昭然若揭那一套 |
[02:41] | especially when it’s made to entertain 25 million people. | 不过是个供两千五百万听众消遣的节目而已 |
[02:44] | I want to hear you tell me the story. | 我想听你亲口说 |
[02:47] | Right. | 这样 |
[02:50] | Last time a stranger approached me | 上次有个路人 |
[02:52] | and asked for my story, well… | 向我询问这事 |
[02:54] | Ellen Huff sandbagged me | 艾伦·赫夫信口雌黄 |
[02:56] | and twisted everything I said | 曲解了我所说的一切 |
[02:57] | to make me into a killer. | 还把我描述成一个杀人犯 |
[02:59] | So you can’t blame me if my trust is wearing thin. | 所以 别怪我不信任你 |
[03:01] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:03] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[03:05] | Enjoy prison. It was nice to meet you. | 好好享受监狱生活吧 很高兴见到你 |
[03:10] | Wait. | 等等 |
[03:11] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[03:13] | Well, I thought we were through. | 我以为我们已经谈完了 |
[03:18] | Why do you think I’m innocent? | 你为什么觉得我是无辜的 |
[03:26] | Because rape survivors react in different ways. | 因为幸存者对于强奸犯的态度因人而异 |
[03:30] | And rage is one of those. | 其中包括愤怒 |
[03:33] | Enough rage to kill their perpetrator? | 恼羞成怒到要亲手杀了强奸犯吗 |
[03:36] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[03:37] | But that’s not how you reacted. | 但你的反应却不是这样的 |
[03:39] | The way you reacted… | 你的那种反应… |
[03:41] | You can’t fake that kind of pain. | 那种伤痛是装不出来的 |
[03:46] | Why don’t you tell me | 何不干脆告诉我 |
[03:47] | why this podcast is full of crap? | 为什么你觉得那播客是一派胡言 |
[04:00] | I met Mike at this Phi Delt party. | 我在兄弟会派对上遇到了迈克 |
[04:04] | He walked me home. | 他送我回家 |
[04:07] | He asked to use the bathroom. | 他问我能不能借用下洗手间 |
[04:14] | I was so naive. | 我那时太天真 |
[04:17] | The next day, I reported it to the administration. | 第二天 我就向学校报告了此事 |
[04:20] | I… | 我… |
[04:22] | They said they would “Look into it.” | 他们说他们会”查查看”的 |
[04:25] | But the Hudson University basketball team | 但哈德森大学篮球队 |
[04:27] | made it into the finals that year. | 那年打入了决赛 |
[04:30] | And they were gonna protect their star player. | 大学决定保护他们的明星球员 |
[04:32] | Didn’t matter. | 这也不重要了 |
[04:33] | A few weeks later, Mike was dead | 反正几周后 迈克就死了 |
[04:34] | and that was the end of it. | 一切尘埃落定 |
[04:36] | I got a job, made new friends, | 我找到了份工作 结交了新朋友 |
[04:37] | put it behind me. | 放下了往事 |
[04:39] | And then, three years later, Ellen Huff | 可三年后 艾伦·赫夫 |
[04:41] | uncovers your complaint against Mike? | 发现了你曾投诉过迈克 |
[04:43] | Yeah, this claim that I filed anonymously. | 对 那本该是份匿名投诉 |
[04:46] | ‘Cause I didn’t want to forever be that girl… | 因为我不想永远被大家称为 |
[04:49] | that girl that was raped. | 被强奸的女孩 |
[04:50] | After Ellen outed me, | 艾伦泄露了这事后 |
[04:53] | the police reopened the case. | 警察开始重新调查此案 |
[04:54] | They said that my hair matched a hair on Mike’s jacket, | 他们称我的头发和在迈克夹克上的相符 |
[04:57] | and boom, my world is upside-down. | 顷刻之间 我的人生变得一团糟 |
[05:02] | But Ellen twisted all the facts. | 但艾伦歪曲了事实 |
[05:04] | What about this hair on the jacket | 从夹克上发现的那根头发中测出了你的DNA |
[05:06] | that’s a perfect DNA match? | 对此你又作何解释呢 |
[05:07] | That makes sense. | 这合情合理 |
[05:10] | The night Mike was killed, he was wearing the same jacket | 在他被杀的那晚和他… |
[05:13] | as the night he wore when he… | 你知道的那晚 |
[05:18] | …you know. | 迈克穿了同一件夹克 |
[05:22] | I didn’t kill Mike. | 我没有杀迈克 |
[05:26] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[05:34] | Can you get me out of here? | 你能救我出去吗 |
[05:38] | I take it this case is pro bono. | 这案子我要无偿接了 |
[05:40] | Which is why you need to try it. | 正好你也该试试看 |
[05:43] | Think that’s a compliment? | 把这当做是对我的称赞吗 |
[05:44] | You have heard the podcast. | 你听过那播客了 |
[05:46] | I will, as soon as we’ve done our research. | 调查完 我就会去听 |
[05:48] | And I know she was a victim. | 我知道她受过伤害 |
[05:50] | She’s still a victim, | 她现在也是受害人 |
[05:51] | a second time. | 第二次受到伤害 |
[05:53] | We’re trying this case, Benny. | 这活我们接了 本尼 |
[05:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:56] | Good. Good. | 很好 很好 |
[05:59] | I’ve been eager to step back in the ring with the D.A.’s office. | 我很期待和地区检察院来场正面交锋 |
[06:02] | I wonder who I get to knock gloves with. | 不知道我的对手会是哪位 |
[06:12] | Amanda. | 阿曼达 |
[06:14] | Did you know she was prosecuting this case? | 你知道她负责这起案子吗 |
[06:20] | Benny. | 本尼 |
[06:21] | Amanda. | 阿曼达 |
[06:22] | What a surprise. | 好巧 |
[06:24] | I heard you were working with your brother-in-law. | 听说你和你姐夫一起工作 |
[06:26] | Ex-brother-in-law. Dr. Jason Bull. | 前姐夫 杰森·布尔博士 |
[06:28] | Your reputation precedes you. | 久仰大名 |
[06:32] | So…how have you been? | 那…最近过得怎样 |
[06:33] | Busy. | 很忙 |
[06:34] | I didn’t realize | 真没想到 |
[06:36] | you were still trying cases. | 你还会出庭 |
[06:37] | I was fired. | 我只是被解雇了 |
[06:38] | I didn’t die. | 又没死 |
[06:40] | That’s not what I meant. | 我可不是这个意思 |
[06:42] | Anyways, you shouldn’t take this to trial. | 不管怎样 你都不该接这案子 |
[06:44] | It’s open and shut. | 线索一目了然 |
[06:45] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[06:46] | The Superior Court of New York is now in session. | 纽约高级法院现在开庭 |
[06:49] | State v. Reese Burton, | 纽约州诉瑞茜·伯顿案 |
[06:52] | case number 0255348. | 编号为0255348 |
[06:58] | How do you plead? | 你如何辩解 |
[07:04] | Not guilty, Your Honor. | 无罪 法官大人 |
[07:07] | Reese, it’s a good sign | 瑞茜 法官允许保释 |
[07:08] | the judge granted bail. | 是个好迹象 |
[07:10] | Chin up, back straight, don’t smile, don’t frown, | 抬起下巴 直起腰 不要笑 别皱眉 |
[07:13] | – don’t look at anyone. – Reese! | – 不要直视任何人 – 瑞茜 |
[07:15] | You’re not guilty, there’s nothing to be ashamed of. | 你无罪 没什么可羞愧的 |
[07:16] | Reese, do you expect a fair trial? | 瑞茜 你期待这次公正的审判吗 |
[07:20] | I can’t catch my breath. | 我快喘不过气来了 |
[07:21] | Okay. Taxi! | 好的 计程车 |
[07:26] | Hey, reporters, media! | 各位记者还有媒体 |
[07:27] | Have we got a show for you! | 我们为您准备了演出 |
[07:29] | Whoa! | 哇哦 |
[07:30] | So gather round, gather round, ladies and gentlemen! | 都围过来 围过来 女士们先生们 |
[07:33] | Whatever your pleasure, we here, we got a great show for you! | 不管您喜好什么 我们为您准备了精彩的演出 |
[07:35] | Now, I know you don’t want to… | 我知道你们不想… |
[07:38] | …that you really don’t want to talk to. | …你们真的不想说话 |
[07:43] | Are we on The Amazing Race? | 我俩这是在参加”极速前进”吗 |
[07:46] | ‘Cause I left my running heels at home. | 我可没穿着跑鞋啊 |
[07:48] | Right. | 好吧 |
[07:49] | I just want to get back to TAC | 我只是想回公司 |
[07:50] | and start testing this case. | 开始着手处理此案 |
[07:51] | Look, if this is about Amanda… | 听着 如果这和阿曼达有关… |
[07:53] | Whoa, hey. | 哦哟 嘿 |
[07:54] | Are you accusing me of fast walking | 你觉得我走这么快 |
[07:56] | to avoid talking about Amanda? | 是为了避开阿曼达吗 |
[07:58] | Defensive much? | 你还真敏感 |
[08:00] | How did you guys end it? | 你们是怎么分手的 |
[08:02] | Not well. | 当初分得很难看 |
[08:04] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[08:04] | I didn’t plan to quit the D.A.’s office, | 我本没打算离开地区检察院 |
[08:06] | but there I was, in front of two reporters, | 但有一次 我要在两位法庭记录员面前 |
[08:08] | about to get a conviction on a man I knew was innocent. | 给一个我深信无辜的人定罪 |
[08:11] | I just… | 我只是… |
[08:12] | I couldn’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[08:14] | You’re the Jerry Maguire of the American judicial system. | 你可真是美国司法系统的”甜心先生” |
[08:17] | Yeah, well… | 好吧 |
[08:19] | I guess I thought Amanda was gonna be my Renée Zellweger. | 当时我觉得阿曼达会成为我的蕾妮·齐薇格 |
[08:23] | That she’d come with me when I left. | 会跟着我一起离开 |
[08:25] | Her loss, our gain. | 彼之所失 我之所得 |
[08:28] | Don’t sweat the mock trial, okay? | 这是模拟庭审 别紧张 好吗 |
[08:30] | It’s all just part of the process. | 只是把陪审程序走一遍而已 |
[08:32] | I’m not worried, I just don’t like the idea of | 我没担心 我只是不喜欢 |
[08:36] | having more strangers judging me. | 有那么多陌生人评判我 |
[08:39] | I can’t imagine why. | 我想不出那是为什么 |
[08:41] | So, certain tonal frequencies | 某种音频 |
[08:43] | are known to have a measurable effect on brain function, | 会对脑功能产生明显的影响 |
[08:47] | and I wrote this app that creates music | 所以我写了这个应用 它可以创造音乐 |
[08:50] | to help you relax, focus… | 用来帮助你放松 集中精力 |
[08:53] | It helps me to block out distractions… | 它能帮助我排除干扰… |
[08:55] | Namely, Dr. Bull. | 我的意思是 来自布尔博士的干扰 |
[09:03] | I like it. | 我喜欢这旋律 |
[09:04] | It’s not exactly Tin Lizard, but… | 不同于锡纸蜥蜴乐队的风格 但是… |
[09:07] | it’s cool. | 很好听 |
[09:09] | You’re into the Lizard? | 你喜欢蜥蜴乐队吗 |
[09:12] | They’re awesome. | 他们很棒 |
[09:13] | Okay, well, I might have info | 那好 我知道 |
[09:15] | that they’re playing a super secret show | 他们正在办一场超赞的秘密演出 |
[09:16] | and you should totally come. | 你真该去看看 |
[09:18] | Yeah, yeah. | 是啊 是啊 |
[09:19] | I just might have plans. | 我可能会去吧 |
[09:21] | You know, like jail. | 你知道的 我可能会进监狱 |
[09:23] | Have faith. | 要有信心 |
[09:24] | Dr. Bull might be generationally challenged, | 布尔博士可能跟我们有点代沟 |
[09:27] | but he’s the best. | 但他是最棒的 |
[09:28] | Where is Dr. Bull? | 布尔博士在哪 |
[09:31] | Prosecuting your case right how. | 正处理你的案子呢 |
[09:34] | The week after she filed an assault claim, | 瑞茜提交暴力诉讼请求一周之后 |
[09:37] | Reese went out and purchased | 她就去买了一把 |
[09:38] | a nine-millimeter handgun. | 九毫米手枪 |
[09:39] | And two weeks later, she got her chance to use it. | 两周之后 她就有机会开枪了 |
[09:42] | She followed Mike to a concert in Central Park. | 她跟着迈克去参加中央公园的一场音乐会 |
[09:44] | She threatened to shoot him | 她威胁说要杀了他 |
[09:48] | and, hours later, Mike Tasker was shot to death. | 几小时后迈克·塔斯克就发现被枪杀了 |
[09:52] | Bull would’ve made a hell of a prosecutor. | 布尔真是扮演了一个牙尖嘴利的公诉人 |
[09:54] | Huh. | 嗯 |
[09:55] | Never seen the trend line spike so fast. | 从没见过趋势线上升的这么快 |
[09:58] | I mean, 70’s a problem. | 有七十个 她就危险了 |
[09:59] | 80’s…. intent to convict. | 八十个 差不多就可以定罪了 |
[10:01] | 90’s… burn her at the stake. | 九十个 她就彻底完了 |
[10:06] | She’s guilty. | 她有罪 |
[10:08] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[10:09] | Who heard her making the threat? | 谁听到她威胁迈克了 |
[10:10] | I mean, did that really happen? | 那真的发生过吗 |
[10:11] | It was Mike’s friend, Rob McKellen. | 是迈克的朋友罗布·麦克莱恩说的 |
[10:14] | They’re bringing things up from the podcast. | 这些人拿播客中的内容作为依据 |
[10:16] | I thought we put together people who hadn’t heard it. | 我还以为我们选的是没听过播客的人 |
[10:18] | I did, and we instructed them not to listen to it. | 我选的 还告诉过他们不许听播客 |
[10:21] | What? | 什么 |
[10:23] | These two were downloading the podcast during lunch? | 这俩人在吃午餐时下载了她的播客 |
[10:26] | As soon as they left the building. | 他们一离开大楼就下载了 |
[10:28] | It’s wet paint. | 就像未干的油漆 |
[10:29] | They can’t help but touch it. | 他们忍不住想去碰它 |
[10:31] | It’s corrupted every member of the jury. | 这会影响每一位陪审团成员 |
[10:34] | We need to sequester the jury. | 我们需要隔离陪审团 |
[10:36] | Judge Rand has denied | 兰德法官已经拒绝了 |
[10:38] | 22 requests for sequesters | 二十二份将陪审团成员隔离的请求 |
[10:40] | out of 22, citing “A waste of taxpayer dollars.” | 说这是在”浪费纳税人的钱” |
[10:45] | Well, the podcast is already out there. | 播客的存在已是事实 |
[10:47] | It’s been field-tested by 25 million people. | 两千五百万人都听过了 |
[10:49] | If Amanda follows Ellen’s narrative, | 如果阿曼达听取了艾伦的叙述 |
[10:51] | she’ll get a conviction. | 她会被判刑的 |
[10:52] | Or… | 或者… |
[10:53] | we replace Ellen’s story with a better one. | 我们把艾伦的故事换个更好的 |
[10:56] | I’m listening. | 你说说看 |
[10:58] | Let me tell you a little story | 我给你讲个故事吧 |
[11:01] | about an incompetent journalist. | 一个三流记者 |
[11:03] | She takes a rape victim and falsely accuses her | 将一位遭受强奸的受害者 |
[11:06] | of murder. | 错误地指控为杀人犯 |
[11:11] | It’s time to put Ellen on trial. | 是时候让艾伦接受审判了 |
[11:13] | We are going to dismantle her podcast. | 我们要让她停止播放播客 |
[11:16] | Reese Burton and her defense team have subpoenaed my files | 瑞茜·伯顿和她的辩护团队 |
[11:18] | in a desperate attempt to distract the jury | 为了尽可能地分散陪审团的注意力 |
[11:20] | from a guilty client. | 才传审我的文件 |
[11:21] | Ms. Huff? Will you be sharing | 赫夫女士 你会把你知道的信息 |
[11:23] | your information with the court? | 告诉法院吗 |
[11:24] | Freedom of the press is one of our most sacred | 出版自由是我们最神圣的公民权利之一 |
[11:26] | constitutional rights. Woodward and Bernstein, | 正如伍德沃德和伯恩斯坦 |
[11:28] | Daniel Ellsberg. I, too, | 我会跟丹尼尔·埃尔斯伯格一样 |
[11:29] | protect my sources. | 保护自己的信息来源 |
[11:30] | But are… | 但是… |
[11:31] | Aren’t those journalists from some of the greatest | 你说的难道不都是 |
[11:33] | news organizations in the country? | 我国顶级新闻机构的记者吗 |
[11:35] | Sadly, those dinosaurs are no longer relevant. | 很遗憾 这些庞大机构已经地位不保了 |
[11:37] | Today, citizen journalists fulfill | 如今 民众记者已经可以胜任 |
[11:38] | the important work | 新闻界的重要工作了 |
[11:39] | of the Fourth Estate, and I’ll go to jail | 即使我进监狱 |
[11:41] | before compromising the integrity of my podcast. | 也不会对我播客内容的真实性做出让步 |
[11:48] | And the cell door closes on Open and Shut | 牢门已经将艾伦·赫夫 |
[11:50] | with Ellen Huff. | 连同她的昭然若揭播客锁入其中 |
[11:52] | We don’t have to worry about her releasing any more episodes | 如果她进监狱了 |
[11:54] | as long as she’s in jail. | 我们就没必要担心她更新自己的播客了 |
[11:55] | So, you’re a reporter now? | 你现在成记者了 |
[11:57] | I’m a citizen journalist. I have a blog, check it out. | 我现在是民众记者 我有个博客 查查看 |
[12:01] | Yeah, we write about anything and everything | 是的 我们把一切关于瑞茜案件的事情 |
[12:03] | having to do with Reese’s case. | 都写在上面了 |
[12:05] | With Ellen in jail, we can control the narrative, | 艾伦进了监狱 这个故事就由我们控制了 |
[12:07] | so, Cable, | 所以 凯博 |
[12:08] | why don’t you go behind Instagram on Mike, | 为什么你不去查查迈克的照片墙帐号 |
[12:10] | see what social media has to say. | 看看公众媒体都说了些什么 |
[12:11] | We have a jury pool list yet? | 有陪审团候选名单了吗 |
[12:13] | 70 have daughters. | 其中七十人有女儿 |
[12:16] | 82 have sons. | 八十二人有儿子 |
[12:18] | People with daughters should be on our side. | 有女儿的容易站在我们这边 |
[12:20] | Let’s build a full motivational matrix | 我们要把候选陪审对迈克的态度 |
[12:21] | of every possible juror’s thoughts on Mike, | 输入进动机程序里 |
[12:23] | Reese, rape on campus and college basketball. | 瑞茜 校园强奸以及大学篮球 |
[12:26] | Which jurors have abuse in their background? | 哪些陪审人员曾遭受过虐待 |
[12:29] | I’m still investigating, but… it’s a lot. | 我还在调查 但是…内容太多 |
[12:31] | I mean, statistically, one in four. | 统计下来 有四分之一 |
[12:34] | So, Danny, let’s dig into the witness list. | 那么 丹尼 我们从证人处着手 |
[12:37] | We need alternative theories, unfollowed leads. | 我们需要替代性理论 别出心裁的思路 |
[12:40] | Our case hinges on finding the facts that Ellen ignored. | 我们要找出艾伦忽视的证据才能获胜 |
[12:43] | On it. | 收到 |
[12:45] | How’d you know she’d put herself in jail | 你怎么知道 我们一传讯 |
[12:47] | if we subpoenaed her raw interviews? | 她就会自动投案呢 |
[12:49] | Well, the podcast gave her notoriety, | 播客让她声名狼藉 |
[12:51] | – but… – Oh. | – 但是… – 哦 |
[12:54] | Falling on the sword gave her what she really wanted. | 这次挫败给了她真正想要的 |
[12:56] | Legitimacy. | 法律的公正 |
[12:59] | How much time you think we’ve bought? | 你觉得我们争取到了多长时间 |
[13:01] | Well… as long as Ellen’s integrity will hold up | 只要艾伦坚持自我的品性 |
[13:03] | against the county jail food. | 强大到能让她咽得下牢饭 |
[13:07] | Two days, max. | 最多也就两天吧 |
[13:14] | Reese, you’re going to appear in front of the jury today. | 瑞茜 今天你就要上庭了 |
[13:17] | What you wear in court is as important as what you say. | 在法庭上的穿着跟你的证词同样重要 |
[13:21] | You’re wearing… | 你穿着… |
[13:24] | I don’t know what you’re wearing. | 你穿的什么呀这是 |
[13:25] | But it’s at least three sizes too big. | 看起来至少大了三个号 |
[13:29] | They’re comfortable. | 但穿起来很舒服 |
[13:31] | That’s not comfort, Mama, that’s camouflage. | 这不是舒适 大婶 这是一种掩饰 |
[13:33] | If you hide in front of the jury in all that, | 如果你在陪审团跟前穿成这样 |
[13:36] | they’re gonna think you have something to hide. | 他们可能会认为你有所隐瞒 |
[13:39] | Silk. It softens the look, | 丝绸让你看起来温柔 |
[13:42] | and I’m sewing your pockets shut. | 然后我要把你的口袋缝起来 |
[13:44] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:46] | Look… your hands are in your pockets… | 看 你双手插袋 |
[13:49] | People automatically think you’re | 人们看不到你的手时 |
[13:52] | being dishonest when they can’t see your hands. | 会不由自主地认为你在撒谎 |
[13:54] | How we doing? | 进展如何 |
[13:55] | Is it too late to run? | 现在逃跑会不会太晚 |
[13:57] | I usually advise my clients to run | 在我的客户被逮捕之前 |
[13:59] | before they get arrested. | 我才会建议他们逃跑 |
[14:00] | Um… | 呃… |
[14:03] | Dr. Bull, this is, um… | 布尔博士 这一切… |
[14:05] | this is… getting a little too real… | 这一切变得越来越真实 |
[14:06] | Reese, it’s okay. | 瑞茜 没事的 |
[14:07] | You’re having a panic attack. Come sit down. | 你开始犯惊恐症了 来坐下 |
[14:09] | Just repeat after me. Okay? | 跟我数 好吗 |
[14:11] | One, two, three, seven, eight, four, two. | 一 二 三 七 八 四 二 |
[14:16] | What? | 什么 |
[14:18] | One, two, three, | 一 二 三 |
[14:19] | seven, nine, eleven, six. | 七 九 十一 六 |
[14:21] | One, two, | 一 二 |
[14:23] | three, nine… | 三 九… |
[14:28] | One, two, three… | 一 二 三… |
[14:32] | seven, nine, | 七 九 |
[14:34] | eleven… | 十一… |
[14:37] | six. | 六 |
[14:41] | How did you do that? | 你为什么要我这么做 |
[14:44] | The mind can’t freak out and count numbers out of order. | 无序数数可以使你保持冷静 |
[14:49] | How long you been having these panic attacks? | 你出现这种惊恐的症状多久了 |
[14:51] | Ever since… | 自从… |
[14:54] | Mike. I, um… | 迈克和我… |
[14:56] | I usually just go running and it calms me down. | 我要通过跑步才能够平静下来 |
[15:00] | Well, when this is over, | 这一切结束以后 |
[15:02] | you’re gonna go running whenever you want. | 你可以随时去享受跑步 |
[15:05] | Not because you have to. | 但不是仅仅为了消除恐惧 |
[15:09] | Which do you prefer? | 你们更喜欢哪一幅 |
[15:11] | Still life with fruit, | 水果静物写生 |
[15:13] | or this abstract painting? Your Honor, | 还是抽象艺术呢 |
[15:14] | we’re trying to hold a voir dire session here, | 我们可是在进行陪审管资格审查 |
[15:16] | not an auction at Sotheby’s. | 这可不是苏富比拍卖现场 |
[15:18] | I prefer neither, Mr. Colon. | 科隆先生 我两个都不喜欢 |
[15:20] | Understood, Your Honor, | 当然可以 法官大人 |
[15:22] | but I do have the right to ask the question. | 但是我仍然有权提问 |
[15:24] | Not for long. Proceed. | 不要太久 开始吧 |
[15:28] | Uh, definitely the fruit. | 我选水果 |
[15:29] | I like to know what I’m looking at. Hmm. | 至少我能看出来是什么 |
[15:31] | What are we doing with art… | 我们为什么这么做 |
[15:33] | and fruit? How does this help? | 这样做有帮助吗 |
[15:35] | People who like abstract paintings | 喜欢抽象艺术的人们 |
[15:37] | are open to new ideas. New stories. | 往往容易接受新思想 新事物 |
[15:41] | We just don’t want to let the other side | 我们只是不想让对方察觉 |
[15:42] | know what we’re fishing for. | 我们在动什么心思 |
[15:44] | How many of you prefer the fruit? | 有多少人喜欢水果 |
[15:47] | Okay. Jurors number four, seven and twelve | 好的 四号陪审 七号陪审以及十二号陪审 |
[15:49] | Move to strike, Your Honor. | 现在进行下一项 法官大人 |
[15:54] | What should the penalty be for rape? | 强奸罪应该如何量刑 |
[15:56] | Prison. | 蹲监狱 |
[15:57] | Five years minimum. | 至少五年 |
[15:59] | He has a daughter? | 他有女儿吗 |
[16:00] | Granddaughters. Twin teenagers. | 有两个双胞胎孙女 |
[16:02] | – He dotes on them. – He’s in. | – 他非常溺爱她们 – 算他一个 |
[16:04] | Tell me about this ray of sunshine, | 告诉我这个光头的信息 |
[16:06] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[16:08] | 64. Divorced. | 六十四岁 |
[16:10] | Three times. | 离过三次婚 |
[16:11] | We did a motivational matrix on Tom. | 我们做了一个关于汤姆的动机程序 |
[16:14] | Yeah, Bull. | 是的 布尔 |
[16:16] | He uses very aggressive language when he’s online. | 他的网上言论十分激进 |
[16:18] | Who’s next if we bounce him? | 去掉他 下一个 |
[16:20] | Uh, Wade Macklin. 32. | 韦德·麦克林 三十二岁 |
[16:22] | Unmarried. Uh, professional organizer. | 未婚 职业策划师 |
[16:26] | Well, I like the sweater and the scruff. | 我喜欢他的毛衣和后颈 |
[16:30] | But he puts things in boxes for a living. | 但是他太循规蹈矩 |
[16:33] | We only have one strike left. | 我们只剩一位候选陪审员可剔除了 |
[16:35] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[16:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:41] | Does Wade have a pet? | 韦德养宠物吗 |
[16:42] | Labradoodle. | 养了只拉布拉多 |
[16:44] | He had back surgery last year. | 韦德去年给这只狗做了背部手术 |
[16:46] | Cost Wade a whopping six grand. | 花了好大一笔钱 |
[16:47] | So cute. | 好可爱 |
[16:48] | Oh, Wade. | 哦 韦德 |
[16:51] | He may be rigid, but he has a heart. | 他也许有些死板 但是心肠不坏 |
[16:55] | He loves his dog. | 他爱他的狗 |
[17:02] | The defense would like to thank this juror | 辩护律师想感谢这位陪审 |
[17:04] | for his time and service. Move to strike, Your Honor. | 付出的时间和服务 下一项 法官阁下 |
[17:08] | I’m 32 years old. | 我今年三十二(陪审员) |
[17:09] | I’m 32 years old. | 我今年三十二(镜面陪审员) |
[17:11] | I lived in Paris for two years. | 我在巴黎待了两年(陪审员) |
[17:12] | I lived in Paris for two years. | 我在巴黎待了两年(镜面陪审员) |
[17:14] | I’m an artist. | 我是个艺术家(陪审员) |
[17:15] | I’m an artist. | 我是个艺术家(镜面陪审员) |
[17:16] | I work on Wall Street. | 我在华尔街工作(陪审员) |
[17:17] | I work on Wall Street. | 我在华尔街工作(镜面陪审员) |
[17:19] | We managed to assemble a mirror jury that makes me tingly | 我们组建起一个镜面陪审团 |
[17:22] | in its perfection. Their demographics line up | 在我看来十分完美 他们的人口统计数据 |
[17:24] | 82% with the actual jury. | 跟实际的陪审团相似度为百分之八十二 |
[17:26] | – How’s the initial polling? – Uh, three on the fence. | – 最初的投票结果如何 – 三票中立 |
[17:28] | Nine strongly in favor of conviction. | 九票强烈支持定罪 |
[17:30] | Doesn’t sound like perfection if you’re Reese. | 对你来说似乎不够理想 |
[17:32] | What… exactly as predicted, | 什么…和预测的一样啊 |
[17:33] | given the court of public opinion. | 将大众意见呈给法庭 |
[17:34] | At least these are the type open to considering | 至少在投票的过程中 |
[17:36] | an alternate narrative. | 是可以轮流陈述的 |
[17:38] | Cable, what did you find on Mike | 凯博 你有没有在迈克身上找到 |
[17:40] | that the jury has not heard yet? | 不为陪审员所知的线索 |
[17:42] | A lot, starting with the fact | 有很多 |
[17:44] | that Hudson University had dozens | 首先是哈德森大学被指 |
[17:46] | of unreported sexual assault claims. | 存在很多未经报道的性侵犯 |
[17:48] | And none of them ended in criminal charges. | 并且上述事件无一受到刑事起诉 |
[17:50] | And this story about sexual assault on the Hudson campus | 这个哈德森校园性侵犯的故事 |
[17:53] | that was in the New York Ledger | 如今发生在纽约 |
[17:54] | today… is that a coincidence? | 这是巧合吗 |
[17:56] | Ellen doesn’t have a monopoly on exposes. | 艾伦并没有垄断信息 |
[17:59] | Well, let’s make sure it links to our blog, | 我们要确保这个网站能链接到我们的博客 |
[18:00] | though it doesn’t help enough with our case against Ellen. | 虽然这对艾伦的官司没什么帮助 |
[18:04] | No, but… | 是没帮助 但是… |
[18:05] | this does. | 这条信息能做到 |
[18:06] | Another Jane Doe filed an assault charge | 又有一位匿名女受害者在瑞茜 |
[18:08] | against Mike on campus | 被性侵的同一学期 |
[18:10] | that same semester. | 向学校指控迈克性侵 |
[18:11] | How could Ellen have missed that? | 艾伦怎么可能没发现这条线索呢 |
[18:12] | Well, either she didn’t do her homework, | 要么是她没提前做好功课 |
[18:14] | or it didn’t fit her narrative. | 要么就是这与她要讲的故事逻辑相悖 |
[18:15] | Let’s find out who this Jane Doe is. | 还是先把这个匿名举报者找出来吧 |
[18:17] | I’ve got this one. | 这个我来搞定 |
[18:19] | What if it was Mike’s girlfriend, Gina Stefano? | 有没有可能是迈克的女朋友吉娜·斯特凡诺呢 |
[18:21] | In the podcast, she said they were soul mates. | 她在播客上声称他们俩是灵魂伴侣 |
[18:23] | But if so, | 但如果是这样 |
[18:24] | their souls bonded over their hot tempers. | 那他们还真是因为脾气够火爆才走到一起的 |
[18:26] | Apparently, these two fought constantly. | 这对小情侣经常发生争执 |
[18:28] | She’s the prosecution’s next witness. | 她是控方的下一个证人 |
[18:30] | Benny, let’s prepare a cross. | 本尼 我们准备好面对这麻烦精吧 |
[18:44] | Mike’s former teammates and coach. | 那是迈克的前队友同时担任教练 |
[18:46] | When did you first learn about Mike and Reese? | 你何时知道迈克和瑞茜之间的事的 |
[18:48] | We were on a break, when he had this… | 迈克醉酒和瑞茜发生了一夜情以后… |
[18:50] | drunken hookup with Reese. | 我们分开了一段时间 |
[18:51] | And that didn’t upset you? | 你难道没有伤心吗 |
[18:52] | No. | 没有 |
[18:54] | Mike told me everything. | 迈克对我很坦诚 |
[18:55] | They’re here for the prosecution. | 这些人都是来给控方站台的 |
[18:57] | Amanda’s good. I can see why | 阿曼达真是精明能干 |
[19:00] | you had a thing for her. | 我现在知道你为什么喜欢她了 |
[19:02] | Reese became obsessed with him, | 瑞茜就像对他着了魔一样 |
[19:04] | started stalking him. | 开始跟踪他 |
[19:06] | If I had known that she bought a gun, | 如果我在枪案发生之前 |
[19:09] | I would’ve told | 知道她买了把枪的话 |
[19:10] | the police back then. | 我一定会告诉警察跟踪的事 |
[19:12] | Right on script. That’s the podcast verbatim. | 简直就像是按播客上的台词背下来的一样 |
[19:14] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[19:18] | Ms. Stefano, did you and Mike Tasker ever fight? | 斯特凡诺小姐 你跟迈克·塔斯克吵过架吗 |
[19:22] | Sure. Every couple does. | 当然 哪有不吵架的情侣 |
[19:24] | One friend reported | 你的一个朋友说 |
[19:25] | that you often threw dishes at each other. | 你们争吵得非常激烈 甚至会朝对方扔盘子 |
[19:27] | Okay, not often. | 偶尔会 不常发生 |
[19:30] | Mike could get out of line. | 迈克也会做出格的事情 |
[19:31] | Every once in a while, | 有那么一两次实在把我逼急了 |
[19:32] | I had to pop him one. | 我才拿盘子扔的他 |
[19:33] | We were both very passionate. | 我们都是易冲动的人 |
[19:35] | So passionate that you filed an assault claim against him? | 冲动到你对他提出性侵指控吗 |
[19:37] | Under a Jane Doe, is that correct? | 以匿名的方式 对吗 |
[19:39] | Objection, relevance. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[19:41] | Your Honor, the deceased is not on trial here. | 法官大人 今天受审的并不是死者 |
[19:43] | – I’ll allow it. – Look, | – 反对无效 – 听我说 |
[19:44] | I was just mad at him, okay? | 我只是太生他的气了而已 |
[19:46] | And I dropped it, like, a week later. | 而且我在大约一周之后就撤销指控了 |
[19:47] | We were both under a lot of pressure, | 当时我俩的压力都太大了 |
[19:49] | and things got heated, and that’s all. | 两个人都在气头上 就这样 |
[19:51] | So you, a self-described hothead, you were angry? | 你又是个急性子 当时生气吗 |
[19:55] | Sure. | 那肯定的了 |
[19:56] | – And under pressure. – Yeah. | – 而且压力很大 – 没错 |
[19:57] | – Did you kill Mike Tasker? – Objection. | – 是你杀了迈克·塔斯克吗 – 反对 |
[19:58] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[20:00] | Did you ever tell Ellen Huff about your turbulent | 你有没有跟艾伦·赫夫讲过 |
[20:02] | relationship with Mike? | 你和迈克大起大落的爱情故事 |
[20:04] | She never asked. | 她从没问过 |
[20:05] | So, Ellen Huff was not interested in the truth. | 所以 艾伦·赫夫不关注事实 |
[20:10] | She never asked. | 她从没问过 |
[20:17] | Just picked up Aaron and Claudia. | 来看看亚纶和克劳迪娅的立场吧 |
[20:19] | Claudia read the Ledger’s rape story | 克劳迪娅看了分类网上的性侵报道 |
[20:21] | and is convinced that Ellen did a poor job reporting the facts. | 确信艾伦没有报道事实 |
[20:24] | I take it you hacked her computer, | 看来你黑了她的电脑 |
[20:27] | implanted your news story. | 并把你的新报道链接给植入进去了 |
[20:28] | It wasn’t very secure. | 她的电脑很容易侵入 |
[20:30] | Okay, Amanda’s next witness up is Rob McKellen. | 好吧 阿曼达的下一个证人是罗布·麦克莱恩 |
[20:33] | Fraternity brother and Mike’s best friend. | 他是迈克在兄弟会的死党 |
[20:37] | What’s all this about pedicures? | 这些信息里的足部护理是什么意思 |
[20:41] | Chunk. | 过来特朗克 |
[20:43] | Back in college, he and Mike Tasker traded | 在上大学的时候 他和迈克·塔斯克 |
[20:44] | a bunch of e-mails back and forth scheduling pedicures. | 互发过很多提到预约足部护理的邮件 |
[20:47] | Pedis. | 足部护理 |
[20:49] | Any of your teammates get pedis? | 你球队里有人做过足部护理吗 |
[20:51] | Pedicures? | 足部护理吗 |
[20:53] | Who we talking about, these guys? | 你是说这些陪审员吗 |
[20:56] | No. | 没有 |
[20:58] | Not these guys. | 这些人不会做的 |
[21:00] | I’m thinking pedis… is code. | 我觉得足部护理…是个代码 |
[21:06] | You ever get a pedicure, Mr. McKellen? | 麦克莱恩先生 你做过足部护理吗 |
[21:08] | Objection, relevance. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[21:10] | I’m curious. | 我对这个问题很好奇 |
[21:11] | What? No, I… | 什么 我吗 没有 |
[21:12] | No? | 没有吗 |
[21:13] | Then how do you explain these e-mail exchanges | 那你如何解释你和迈克·塔斯克 |
[21:15] | between you and Mike Tasker discussing your pedicures? | 互发的那么多讨论足部护理的邮件呢 |
[21:18] | What are you talking about? | 我真不知道你在说什么 |
[21:21] | They’re in evidence, Mr. McKellen. | 这些邮件也是证据 麦克凯恩先生 |
[21:23] | Subpoenaed by the state. | 是由控方出示的 |
[21:25] | See? | 现在知道了吧 |
[21:26] | You need an eye for detail | 你要仔细看清那些细节 |
[21:28] | to spot the significance. | 查明其中隐藏的真相 |
[21:29] | The prosecution didn’t notice that you used “Pedicure” | 控方就没有发现你们用”足部护理” |
[21:33] | as code for PEDs, did they? | 代指兴奋剂 不是吗 |
[21:37] | Did you and Mike Tasker ever use | 你和迈克·塔斯克服用过 |
[21:39] | performance-enhancing drugs, also known as steroids? | 能增强体力的药物类固醇吗 |
[21:48] | Can I plead the Fifth, | 我能在此引用第五条修正案作为回答吗 |
[21:50] | Your Honor? | 法官大人 |
[21:50] | You may, Mr. McKellen. | 可以 麦克凯恩先生 |
[21:53] | Podcast made Rob look like a Boy Scout. | 播客上把罗布描述的像个乖孩子一样 |
[21:57] | Should’ve known better. | 他们应该调查清楚点 |
[21:58] | I like this attorney. | 我喜欢这个律师 |
[22:00] | He does his homework. | 他有认真的调查实情 |
[22:02] | Rob looks like my broker. | 罗布看上去很像我的股票经纪人 |
[22:05] | I hate my broker. | 我恨死他了 |
[22:08] | Are you aware that | 你知道类固醇 |
[22:09] | steroids can make people aggressive? | 会让人有暴力倾向吗 |
[22:11] | I’ve heard that. | 我知道 |
[22:12] | But I plead the Fifth. | 但我坚持引用第五条修正案 |
[22:13] | You have a gun collection? | 你收藏枪支吗 |
[22:15] | So what? | 有又如何呢 |
[22:16] | Including three nine-millimeter side arms? | 你收藏了三把九毫米可随身携带手枪吗 |
[22:18] | Have they been checked for the ballistics in this case? | 它们被警方拿去做过本案的弹道测试吗 |
[22:20] | I’m not on trial here. She is. | 今天受审的不是我 是她 |
[22:22] | Yeah, because of what you told Ellen Huff. | 是的 因为是你把这些告诉艾伦·赫夫的 |
[22:24] | Objection. | 反对 |
[22:26] | Withdrawn. | 撤回问题 |
[22:27] | Mr. McKellen, | 麦克凯恩先生 |
[22:28] | you were the last person to see Mike alive that night, | 你是凶案那晚最后一个见到迈克的人 |
[22:30] | weren’t you? | 是吗 |
[22:33] | Whatever. | 随你怎么说 |
[22:37] | Whatever. | 随便我说 |
[22:40] | Quite a job you did on Rob. | 你成功搞定了罗布 |
[22:42] | He went up as a witness | 现在他由控方证人 |
[22:43] | for the prosecution, came down a suspect. | 一下子变成嫌疑人了 |
[22:45] | At least according to Ethel and Sydney. | 至少埃塞尔和西德尼是这样认为的 |
[22:47] | And yet Wade is even more convinced | 但是韦德反而更确信 |
[22:50] | that Reese killed Mike Tasker. | 是瑞茜杀害了迈克·塔斯克 |
[22:51] | Oy, how is that even possible? | 天啊 这到底是为什么呢 |
[22:54] | It’s called “Backfire effect.” | 这叫做”逆火效应” |
[22:56] | When someone like Wade locks into a story, | 当像韦德这样的人认定了一个事实的时候 |
[22:58] | even when they’re shown evidence to the contrary, | 如果看到了截然相反的证据 |
[23:00] | they dig their heels in even more. | 反而会让他们更确信自己认定的事实 |
[23:02] | So the only narrative Wade trusts is Ellen’s. | 所以韦德只相信艾伦讲述的事实 |
[23:04] | Fact that she’s in jail | 而她被判入狱这件事 |
[23:05] | only further confirms her integrity. | 反而显得她正直不阿 |
[23:09] | Then it’s time to break her out of jail. | 那现在就该把她从监狱里弄出来了 |
[23:11] | I’m gonna go play reporter. | 我又要去扮演记者了 |
[23:13] | Danny, you know how much trouble | 丹尼 你知道这个小忙 |
[23:15] | I could get in for this? | 会给我带来多大的麻烦吗 |
[23:16] | You are a patriot and my favorite SoulCycle partner. | 我只知道你是个有爱国情怀的人 还那么懂我 |
[23:20] | You’re lucky I can’t stand Ellen. | 你应该庆幸我讨厌艾伦 |
[23:21] | She thinks she’s in a hotel. | 她把蹲监狱当成住酒店 |
[23:24] | I had no idea jail would be such a boon for the podcast. | 我之前都没发现 进监狱会成为播客的大卖点 |
[23:27] | Another 100,000 downloads in two days. | 仅仅两天就吸引了十万下载量 |
[23:30] | I’ve had three publishers approach me about a book. | 已经有出版社和我接洽谈出书的事 |
[23:32] | This is a dream. | 美梦终于成真了 |
[23:33] | That’s taken completely out of context. | 这是纯粹的断章取义 |
[23:35] | How did you get that? | 你是怎么搞到这音频的 |
[23:36] | It’s just.. hold on a second. | 很简单…稍等下 |
[23:37] | I got to put this. | 我把这插上 |
[23:38] | This is new, | 第一次用这个 |
[23:39] | so I got to… put this in here | 我得把它给插上 |
[23:41] | and then it goes to record, | 然后让它录音 |
[23:42] | and I got to… | 我要… |
[23:43] | press that. Okay. | 按下这个 好了 |
[23:45] | Thanks. | 久等了 |
[23:48] | Um, so why did you say that? | 嗯 你为什么要说这些话 |
[23:50] | I recognize you from the press conference. | 我认出你就是那天采访我的记者之一 |
[23:51] | Who do you work for? | 你替谁工作 |
[23:52] | I work for a lot of people. | 我替好多人工作 |
[23:54] | This is a popular blog that follows the trial, | 我要写一篇跟踪此案庭审的热门博文 |
[23:57] | and, I got to say, | 此外 我得告诉你 |
[23:58] | the argument for the defense has a lot of merit. | 其中的论据对辩护很有价值 |
[24:01] | Mm, everything I wrote was true. | 嗯 我写的都是真的 |
[24:05] | Yeah, of course. | 是啊 当然了 |
[24:06] | But, I mean, it’s pretty clear | 可是 很明显 |
[24:07] | you left out a few key details, right? | 你遗漏了一些关键细节 对吗 |
[24:09] | Like, um… Gina and Mike | 例如 嗯…吉娜和迈克 |
[24:12] | and their turbulent relationship. | 以及他们大起大落的爱情故事 |
[24:14] | Kind of gives Gina motive. | 以至于吉娜都有了杀人的念头 |
[24:16] | Well, she didn’t buy a gun. | 然而她没买枪啊 |
[24:18] | But Rob had a gun collection | 但是罗布有枪 |
[24:19] | and he was dealing steroids. | 而且他还服用兴奋剂 |
[24:21] | All the top players on their team did steroids. | 他们球队的顶级球员都服用兴奋剂 |
[24:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[24:25] | When’d you find that out? | 你什么时候发现的 |
[24:26] | And why didn’t you report that? | 你为什么没报道这个 |
[24:28] | It’s not relevant. | 因为这跟案件无关啊 |
[24:31] | So you just… | 那么你… |
[24:34] | you just decide which facts are relevant, | 你自己决定哪些事实与案件有关 |
[24:36] | and then you deliberately leave out other ones? | 再故意把其他事实都省略掉对吗 |
[24:39] | No, you’ve got the story completely wrong. | 不是 你完全搞错了 |
[24:41] | No, I got my story. | 不对 我有我自己的版本 |
[24:42] | Good, all right, listen, | 好了 你看 |
[24:44] | my editors are all over me | 我的编辑们都在 |
[24:45] | to file this story. | 等我把报道写出来 |
[24:46] | Wait, what are you gonna print? | 等一下 你想要发表什么 |
[24:48] | That you only care about your podcast ratings, and that | 你只关心你播客的收听率 |
[24:51] | you got to have information suggesting | 你本应该在节目中提到 |
[24:53] | Gina and Rob are suspects | 吉娜和罗布是嫌疑人 |
[24:54] | and that’s why you haven’t released your files | 所以 你才没把全部资料 |
[24:57] | to the court. | 出示给法庭 |
[24:58] | But I am releasing my files to the court. | 但是我正向法庭出示我的全部资料 |
[25:01] | When did that happen? | 什么时候 |
[25:04] | Just now. | 就是现在 |
[25:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:11] | Uh… so… | 呃…那么… |
[25:14] | you’re trying to kill my story. | 你想颠覆我的版本 |
[25:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:23] | Here’s the deal. | 条件如下 |
[25:27] | No more press conferences | 不许再接受新闻采访 |
[25:28] | and no more podcasts until | 不许再推送播客 |
[25:31] | after the trial is over. | 直到庭审结束 |
[25:32] | Deal. | 成交 |
[25:34] | And I get access to the files. | 而且我还要看全部的资料 |
[25:38] | Ugh. | 呃 |
[25:41] | I’m a big fan, by the way. | 顺便说一下 我是你的铁杆听众 |
[25:44] | All right, thanks. | 好了 谢谢 |
[25:48] | Oh! | 哦 |
[25:50] | That was terrible. | 掷得可真烂 |
[25:53] | Darts are pure chance, my friend. | 掷飞镖纯粹靠运气 老兄 |
[25:55] | – Uh-huh. – Here we go. | – 嗯哼 – 来吧 |
[25:57] | Oh, Amanda, what are you doing here? | 哦 阿曼达 你在这干嘛 |
[26:03] | Oh, that’s better. Look at that. | 哦 这次不错 快看啊 |
[26:05] | Magic. | 棒极了 |
[26:10] | How far in advance did you know Amanda was prosecuting the case? | 你提前多久知道阿曼达负责公诉这起案件 |
[26:15] | How long you been missing Amanda? | 你对她念念不忘多久了 |
[26:17] | What? | 什么 |
[26:18] | Come on, man. I’m over her. | 得了吧 老兄 我早放下她了 |
[26:20] | You haven’t seriously dated anyone since you guys broke up. | 跟她分手后你还没正经约过姑娘 |
[26:26] | It’s because I haven’t found anyone I liked. | 因为我还没找到钟意的 |
[26:29] | I’m picky. | 我很挑的 |
[26:30] | Like other dart players I know. | 就像我认识的别的掷镖手 |
[26:35] | Ah. | 啊 |
[26:37] | Check you out. | 看看你中了几环 |
[26:38] | Stage managing my life with Amanda, | 人生就像戏剧 主宰着我和阿曼达 |
[26:41] | pouring your life into Reese’s. | 将你和瑞茜的命运搅在一起 |
[26:42] | You ever gonna get serious with a woman again? | 离婚后你有认真对待过一个姑娘吗 |
[26:45] | Whatever. | 随你吧 |
[26:47] | And now we have Ellen Huff live just moments… | 现在我们采访到了艾伦·赫夫 |
[26:50] | – Oh, there’s Ellen. – Right. | – 哦 那是艾伦 – 是啊 |
[26:52] | No, really. | 不 我说真的 |
[26:53] | I have decided to share research | 我已经决定向法庭出示 |
[26:54] | from my investigation with the courts, | 我调查和研究的资料 |
[26:56] | so long as they protect my sources. | 只要法庭保护当事人的隐私 |
[26:57] | And I promise you the truth is in there. | 我向大家保证真相就在这些资料里 |
[26:59] | I’ll keep you posted. Excuse me. | 我会跟你们保持联系的 现在请让一让 |
[27:02] | I told her no press conferences. | 我让她不要再接受新闻采访了 |
[27:04] | No, technically it’s not. | 不 严格意义上说确实没有 |
[27:06] | They were waiting for her at her apartment. | 他们是在公寓外面等她的 |
[27:09] | Are you her lawyer now? | 你现在是在为她辩护吗 |
[27:12] | All right, let’s finish these drinks and go say hi. | 好吧 喝完这杯就去找她 |
[27:24] | – Hey, what’s going on here? – Hold up there. | – 嘿 出什么事了 – 请留步 |
[27:26] | It’s all right, Officer, I know him. | 没关系的 警官 我认识他 |
[27:27] | – Let ’em through. – Thanks, Detective. | – 让他们过去吧 – 谢谢 警官 |
[27:31] | What happened? | 什么情况 |
[27:34] | Looks like gravity. | 看上去像是摔死的 |
[27:36] | Forced entry, | 强行入室 |
[27:37] | signs of a struggle. | 有搏斗痕迹 |
[27:39] | Ellen was pushed. | 艾伦是被人推下来的 |
[27:40] | We need your client at the precinct for questioning. | 我们要传讯你们的委托人 |
[28:03] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[28:04] | – You’re fast. – How’d you find me? | – 你跑得很快 – 你怎么找到我的 |
[28:06] | Figured you needed to go for a run | 我料到你听说艾伦的死讯后 |
[28:08] | after you heard about Ellen’s death. | 会出来跑步 |
[28:10] | Are the police looking for me? | 警察是不是在找我 |
[28:13] | You have about an hour. | 你只剩一个小时的时间了 |
[28:17] | I’m sorry, I… | 对不起 我… |
[28:19] | I had to get out of my apartment. | 我得离开公寓 |
[28:21] | I, uh… I couldn’t breathe. | 我 呃…我都不能呼吸了 |
[28:23] | I… I… | 我…我… |
[28:26] | saw my photo on the news. | 看见我的照片出现在新闻里了 |
[28:27] | Hey, hey, look at me. Look at me for a second. | 嘿 嘿 看着我 看着我 |
[28:29] | – Come here, come here. – No. | – 过来 过来 – 不 |
[28:30] | Come here, it’s okay. Let’s count, all right? | 过来 没事的 来数数字 好吗 |
[28:33] | – No. – Remember? | – 不 – 还记得吗 |
[28:34] | Say it. | 数出来 |
[28:35] | Seven, eight, nine, eleven, one. | 七 八 九 十一 一 |
[28:38] | Do it, look at me, look at me. | 数出来 看着我 看着我 |
[28:40] | Seven, eight, nine, eleven, one. | 七 八 九 十一 一 |
[28:42] | Seven. | 七 |
[28:43] | Eight. Nine. | 八 九 |
[28:48] | You’re okay? | 你还好吗 |
[28:50] | I told you. | 我告诉过你 |
[28:54] | You’re okay. | 你没问题的 |
[29:00] | You’ve been running since your senior year of college. | 你从读大四那年就开始跑步了 |
[29:04] | And I have some news for you. | 我要告诉你一些事 |
[29:06] | What happened to you isn’t gonna change. | 你身上发生的事情不会改变 |
[29:09] | But you can’t let it define you. | 但是你不能让这些事左右你的命运 |
[29:11] | You don’t know what it’s like! | 你根本不知道情况 |
[29:12] | No, I don’t know exactly what it’s like for you. | 是的 我确实不知道这对你来说意味着什么 |
[29:16] | How could I? | 我怎么会知道 |
[29:18] | But I do know what it’s like to be trapped. | 但我知道 这就像掉进一个陷阱里 |
[29:20] | And helpless and afraid | 因为无助 害怕 |
[29:24] | and too young to be able to do anything about it. | 年轻无知而不知如何是好 |
[29:31] | Is that why you do what you do? | 所以你才这么做吗 |
[29:33] | Why you’re out here? | 深更半夜的 |
[29:36] | In the middle of the night? | 出现在这里 |
[29:40] | Is that why you decided to help me? | 所以你才决定要帮助我吗 |
[29:47] | Well… | 好吧… |
[29:52] | Understanding why people do the things they do | 理解人们做事动机的同时 |
[29:59] | is really just understanding yourself. | 也是在深入了解你自己 |
[30:02] | And once you do that, | 只要你做到这一点 |
[30:03] | you don’t have to run anymore. | 你就再也不用逃避什么了 |
[30:05] | Not from panic, | 不用逃避恐慌 |
[30:07] | not from whatever happened. | 什么都不用逃避 |
[30:10] | We’re gonna win. | 我们会赢的 |
[30:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:17] | You see, this is | 你看 这段 |
[30:19] | time-stamped video footage showing Reese | 有时间标记的监控录像显示 |
[30:20] | entering her own apartment building | 瑞茜在艾伦死亡时 |
[30:22] | at the time of Ellen’s death. | 走进她自己的公寓 |
[30:25] | What’s your e-mail? I’ll send it to you. | 你的邮箱是什么 我把这个发给你 |
[30:26] | She could’ve left another way. | 她可能有其他办法离开 |
[30:28] | Yeah. Maybe she has | 对 她可能有个 |
[30:29] | a jetpack. | 火箭背包 |
[30:31] | Detective cleared my client. | 警探审问完我的客户了 |
[30:33] | Don’t go far. | 别走远 |
[30:34] | We have court in the morning. | 我们明早还要上法庭呢 |
[30:36] | Amanda, clearly, the real killer saw Ellen’s press conference | 阿曼达 很明显 真凶看到了艾伦的新闻采访 |
[30:40] | and got to her before she could reveal his identity. | 趁她还没揭露他的身份之前杀了她 |
[30:42] | You are free to bring that theory up at trial. | 你可以把你这套理论在法庭上讲出来 |
[30:46] | I know what Benny would do if he was still in the D.A.’s office. | 如果本尼还在地检院办公室工作 |
[30:50] | He would drop the case and go after the real killer. | 他就会把案子扔到一边 去找真正的凶手 |
[30:55] | We still have a subpoena for Ellen’s files. | 我们还有调取艾伦资料的传票 |
[30:58] | They’re now in evidence for Ellen’s murder. | 现在它们成了艾伦谋杀案的证据了 |
[31:00] | In which my client was called in for questioning. | 那也是我的客户要参与审问的案子 |
[31:02] | You’re not trying to keep the files from me, are you? | 你不会不想给我那些文件吧 |
[31:04] | Come on, Amanda. I know you wouldn’t willfully engage | 别这样 阿曼达 你也不想卷入 |
[31:07] | in prosecutorial misconduct. | 违法公诉的漩涡里吧 |
[31:09] | Benny, have at it. | 本尼 拿着吧 |
[31:10] | You can take this by evidence on your way out. | 你可以用这个当证据 |
[31:12] | But you can’t keep assuming | 但是你不能总是假设 |
[31:14] | all your clients are innocent. | 你所有的客户都无罪 |
[31:16] | All? | 所有的吗 |
[31:19] | I had a 93% conviction rate | 我在地检办公室工作的时候 |
[31:21] | when I worked for the D.A.’s office. | 有百分之九十三的判罪率 |
[31:24] | One person, one innocent person… | 只有一个人 一个无辜的人… |
[31:26] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[31:27] | There’s a reason why I quit. | 所以我才辞职 |
[31:30] | You didn’t quit. You were fired. | 不是你辞职 是你被解雇 |
[31:32] | I quit when I realized I worked for a place | 当我知道我是在为一个只关注定罪 |
[31:35] | that cared more about getting convictions than having them. | 而忽视其过程的组织卖命时 我就不干了 |
[31:39] | I’ll see you in court. | 咱们法庭见 |
[31:42] | Cable. | 凯博 |
[31:43] | Have you convinced the public | 你说服公众 |
[31:46] | that Reese was not involved in Ellen’s death yet? | 瑞茜和艾伦的死无关了吗 |
[31:48] | Making progress. | 正在做 |
[31:50] | A couple of news outlets picked up my story. | 有几家新闻媒体引用了我写的故事 |
[31:53] | What story? | 什么故事 |
[31:54] | “Sources report Reese | “据报道瑞茜 |
[31:56] | has been cleared and has an ironclad alibi. | 已经被释放 并有绝对不在场证明 |
[31:57] | Therefore, the real killer | 因此 真正的凶手 |
[31:59] | may have killed Ellen before she could reveal | 可能在艾伦有机会揭露他的真实身份之前 |
[32:01] | his or her true identity. | 杀了她 |
[32:03] | The police are investigating other suspects at this time.” | 同时警方正在进一步调查嫌疑人” |
[32:06] | Throw suspicion on someone other than Reese. | 把瑞茜身上的嫌疑甩掉 |
[32:09] | Genius. | 天才 |
[32:11] | And it might even be true. | 而且事实可能真的是这样 |
[32:12] | Good use of media to control the story. | 很好地利用了媒体来扭转乾坤 |
[32:14] | And here’s the kicker: | 还有一个好消息 |
[32:16] | two naughty, naughty jurors | 两个淘气 不听话的陪审员 |
[32:18] | clicked through to our blog | 点进了我们的博客 |
[32:19] | and read the article. | 看了这篇文章 |
[32:21] | Hmm. It’s nice work. | 干得不错 |
[32:22] | That’ll filter down | 晚饭的时候 |
[32:23] | to the rest of the jury by dinner. | 这件事就会在陪审员之间传开来 |
[32:25] | You know, if hacking doesn’t pan out for you, | 你要是没做黑客 |
[32:26] | I think you have a career as a shoddy journalist. | 现在估计就是狗仔队一员了 |
[32:29] | – Thank you. – In… in the best way. | – 谢谢 – 这还是最好的下场 |
[32:30] | That means a lot. | 多谢鼓励 |
[32:33] | Danny, you find anything in Ellen’s file? | 丹尼 你有在艾伦的档案里发现什么线索吗 |
[32:36] | No, not yet. | 暂时还没 |
[32:37] | This woman recorded hundreds of hours of interviews. | 这女人录了几百个小时的访谈记录 |
[32:39] | If we don’t get anything from Ellen, | 如果我们在艾伦那没有进展 |
[32:41] | – you think Wade will cave? – No. | – 你觉得韦德会让步吗 – 不会 |
[32:43] | We’ll get a hung jury. | 陪审团最后会无法达成一致 |
[32:44] | Well, that may not be a bad thing. | 这也许是件好事 |
[32:46] | The D.A.’s not gonna want to retry this case. | 地方检察官不会想再审这个案子的 |
[32:49] | Yeah, I understand, Benny, | 对 我明白 本尼 |
[32:51] | but anything short of not guilty, | 但是如果不能证明她的清白 |
[32:52] | and Reese has to live the rest of her life knowing the cops | 瑞茜的后半生就得一直担惊受怕 |
[32:55] | could come knocking on the door and arrest her for murder. | 警察随时可能上门以谋杀罪逮捕她 |
[32:58] | But it’s not like we’re gonna put Reese on the stand. | 但是我们也不想让瑞茜站在证人席上 |
[33:00] | Are we? | 对吧 |
[33:01] | Without Ellen, | 除了艾伦 |
[33:02] | Reese is the best witness we have | 瑞茜是我们最佳的目击证人 |
[33:04] | and the only one who might influence Wade. | 也是唯一可能影响韦德的人 |
[33:06] | Not to mention… | 更别提… |
[33:08] | it’s a story Reese needs to tell. | 瑞茜还有故事要讲 |
[33:10] | It’s one thing for Reese to have a panic attack | 在法庭的证人席上 |
[33:12] | while sitting at a table | 瑞茜可能会突发惊恐症 |
[33:14] | where she can count to herself. | 她只能靠自己冷静下来了 |
[33:15] | On the witness stand… | 在证人席上… |
[33:16] | Amanda will destroy her. | 阿曼达会毁了她的 |
[33:18] | Make her look guilty when she freezes. | 她沉默不言 她就会给她定罪 |
[33:21] | That’s what I’m counting on. | 正如我意 |
[33:24] | If I say the wrong thing up there, | 如果我在法庭上说错了话 |
[33:27] | they’ll put me away for the rest of my life. | 我的下半辈子就得在监狱里度过了 |
[33:29] | That’s why we’re here. | 所以我们才会来这里 |
[33:31] | To practice. | 来过一遍场 |
[33:35] | Now, I’m gonna play the role of the prosecution. | 现在 我来扮演公诉人 |
[33:38] | Ms. Burton, two weeks before Mike Tasker’s murder | 伯顿小姐 在迈克·塔斯克被谋杀前的两周 |
[33:42] | You bought a nine-millimeter handgun, didn’t you? | 你买了一把九毫米口径的手枪 是吗 |
[33:45] | Yes or no? | 是或不是 |
[33:46] | Amanda’s gonna try and limit your answers to yes or no, | 阿曼达会想尽办法只让你回答是或不是 |
[33:48] | but you have the right to explain yourself. | 但是你有辩解的权利 |
[33:50] | Yes, because I was frightened for my life. | 是 因为我那时过得担惊受怕 |
[33:54] | She’s very good at restating what you said, | 她最在行的就是重复你的话 |
[33:57] | but in her words and not yours. | 用她的词汇曲解你的意思 |
[33:58] | – Correct her. – Frightened? | – 你要纠正她 – 害怕吗 |
[33:59] | And like everyone, you had a choice. | 你跟别人一样 有两个选择 |
[34:01] | Fight or flight. | 反抗或是逃跑 |
[34:03] | You chose fight. Threatened him. | 你选择了反抗 并威胁他 |
[34:05] | No, I threatened him to stay away from me. | 不 我只是想让他离我远点 |
[34:07] | You threatened to kill him with your gun. | 你威胁他说 要用枪杀了他 |
[34:09] | Objection! | 反对 |
[34:10] | Badgering the witness. | 纠缠证人 |
[34:12] | If you’re not done with an answer, you say… | 如果你还没回答完 你就说… |
[34:14] | – I wasn’t finished. – Amanda knows | – 我还没说完 – 阿曼达知道 |
[34:16] | you have panic attacks. | 你会突发惊恐症 |
[34:17] | She’s gonna try and elicit one on the stand. | 她会试着诱导你 |
[34:19] | And when she does, you… | 如果她那么做 你… |
[34:22] | will be ready. | 要准备好 |
[34:24] | Mike sexually assaulted you. | 迈克性侵了你 |
[34:25] | Yes. | 是 |
[34:25] | You reported it to the university. | 你向学校报告了这件事 |
[34:27] | Yes. | 是 |
[34:28] | – And they dragged their heels. – Yes. | – 但是他们迟迟没有动作 – 是的 |
[34:29] | But that was something that… | 但那是… |
[34:30] | And you were furious about that, weren’t you? | 你为此火冒三丈 不是吗 |
[34:32] | – Of course I was. – You kept that rage inside. | – 当然是的 – 你一直无法释怀这种愤怒 |
[34:34] | – I didn’t say “Rage.” – The entire campus | – 我没有说”愤怒” – 整个学校 |
[34:36] | turned up for Mike Tasker’s memorial service. | 都参加了迈克·塔斯克的追悼会 |
[34:37] | A lot of people went, yes, | 很多人都去了 对 |
[34:39] | who weren’t raped by him. | 他又没有强奸过他们 |
[34:41] | But you were glad Mike Tasker was dead. | 但是你很高兴迈克·塔斯克死了 |
[34:42] | You can admit that. | 你不能否认 |
[34:44] | Can’t you? | 不是吗 |
[34:49] | Ms. Burton. | 伯顿小姐 |
[34:51] | Why does this topic make you so uncomfortable? | 为什么这个话题让你这么难受 |
[34:55] | Ms. Burton, do you need a break? | 伯顿小姐 你需要休息一下吗 |
[34:56] | Before a panic attack, | 在惊恐症发作之前 |
[34:58] | people have their own | 都会有一些 |
[35:00] | warning signs. | 特殊征兆出现 |
[35:01] | The room starts to buzz, yeah? | 房间里开始嗡嗡作响 对吗 |
[35:04] | That can be your cue | 那是在提醒你 |
[35:06] | to melt down or to start coping. | 要冷静下来或者开始反击 |
[35:09] | What if I pass out? | 如果我昏过去了呢 |
[35:11] | – You’ll wake up. – What if I throw up? | – 你会醒过来的 – 如果我吐了呢 |
[35:13] | We’ll get you a bucket. | 我们会给你拿个袋子 |
[35:14] | You have an answer for everything. | 你真是应答如流 |
[35:16] | So do you. | 你也有这技能 |
[35:18] | For every question Amanda’s going to ask, | 不管阿曼达问什么 |
[35:21] | you have the truth. | 你都掌握着事实真相 |
[35:23] | And no panic attack or prosecutor | 惊恐症或者公诉人 |
[35:26] | can take that from you. | 都不能改变这个事实 |
[35:27] | The court will recess. | 休庭 |
[35:28] | No, I don’t need a break, Your Honor. | 不 我不用休息 法官大人 |
[35:31] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官大人 |
[35:32] | But she asked a question | 但是她问了一个问题 |
[35:33] | implying that I’m hiding something. | 暗示着我有所隐瞒 |
[35:35] | I have the right to answer. | 我有权回答问题 |
[35:37] | Go ahead, you may answer. | 说吧 你可以回答 |
[35:55] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[35:56] | I couldn’t stand Mike, | 我无法忍受迈克 |
[35:58] | but I was the last person who wanted him dead. | 但我是最不希望他死去的那个人 |
[36:00] | I wanted him alive | 因为我想要他活着 |
[36:02] | because I wanted him to pay for what he did. | 为自己的所作所为付出代价 |
[36:05] | I wanted him to go to prison. | 我想让他坐牢 |
[36:07] | I wanted him to feel what I felt | 我想让他尝下我心里的滋味 |
[36:10] | and I wanted to ask him, “How powerful do you feel now?” | 我想问他 “现在还觉得自己强大吗” |
[36:16] | And I’ll never get that chance. | 我永远也没有这样的机会了 |
[36:18] | He is the one at peace, not me. | 得到安息的人是他 不是我 |
[36:23] | Yes, I get these panic attacks | 是的 我有恐慌症 |
[36:27] | because I was raped and bullied, | 因为我被强暴了 被欺侮了 |
[36:29] | which is exactly how you’re making me feel. | 你们的行为让我有同样的感觉 |
[36:35] | I couldn’t stand up for myself then, | 当时我无法为自己出头 |
[36:37] | but I am stronger now. | 但现在我变坚强了 |
[36:41] | So, ask your questions, Ms. Prosecutor. | 所以 有问题就放马过来 检察官女士 |
[36:44] | I have nowhere else to be. | 我不躲也不藏 |
[36:47] | I did not kill Mike Tasker. | 我没有杀害迈克·塔斯克 |
[37:00] | Yeah, she gets panic attacks. | 没错 她有恐慌症 |
[37:02] | I get it, but the prosecution’s built a bulletproof case. | 我知道 但是这个起诉滴水不漏 |
[37:06] | No way I can acquit, | 我不可能判她无罪 |
[37:08] | especially since Ellen’s dead. | 尤其是自从艾伦死后 |
[37:10] | That podcaster lady had it all. | 证据都指向这位播客女士 |
[37:11] | All that’s left is my closing argument. | 只剩下我的结案陈词了 |
[37:15] | And we’ve got two hours. | 我们有两个小时 |
[37:17] | Ellen’s got to have something in her audio files. | 艾伦的音频文件里肯定有什么线索 |
[37:19] | Danny. | 丹尼 |
[37:23] | This looks promising. | 这看起来有戏 |
[37:27] | Ellen’s raw, unedited audio. | 艾伦的原始未编辑音频 |
[37:29] | You’re gonna want to hear that. | 你肯定有兴趣听听 |
[37:36] | Looks like we have reasonable doubt. | 看起来我们有合理怀疑了 |
[37:45] | We all know what happened to Mike Tasker. | 我们都知道迈克·塔斯克遭遇了什么 |
[37:47] | Right? | 对吧 |
[37:49] | Reese was obsessed | 瑞茜对他着迷 |
[37:51] | Stalked him around campus. | 在校园里跟踪他 |
[37:52] | When he turned down her advances, she bought a gun | 当他拒绝她的示爱时 她买了把枪 |
[37:54] | and threatened him. | 然后威胁他 |
[37:56] | Social media. | 社交媒体 |
[37:58] | Twitter, blogs, Facebook. | 推特 博客 脸书 |
[38:01] | It can be | 可以成为 |
[38:02] | a terrific tool for staying in touch, | 联络感情 |
[38:04] | for connecting. | 宣传猫咪视频的 |
[38:07] | For cat videos. | 绝佳工具 |
[38:10] | But, you see, there’s a difference | 但要知道 娱乐和真相之间 |
[38:11] | between entertainment and the truth. | 是有区别的 |
[38:14] | And this podcast is a work of pure fiction. | 这个播客纯粹是虚构的 |
[38:17] | How do I know? | 我怎么知道的 |
[38:19] | Once police matched Reese’s blonde hair… | 一旦警方匹配了瑞茜的金发… |
[38:22] | Shoot, brown. I need to start over. | 见鬼 她是褐色头发 我得从头开始 |
[38:24] | I thought you were going to bring up Mike | 我还以为你会提起 |
[38:25] | and the team’s steroid use. | 迈克和团队服用类固醇的事 |
[38:26] | No, it gets too complicated here. | 不 现状已经很复杂了 |
[38:29] | I’m not gonna get into it. | 我不想掺和其中 |
[38:30] | Very good. Take two. | 很好 拿两个 |
[38:31] | That’s an example | 这是个实例 |
[38:32] | of how Ellen chose the facts… | 说明了艾伦是怎么选择事实… |
[38:35] | to make a compelling case. | 来制造令人信服的理由 |
[38:36] | Ellen thought it was “Too complicated” | 艾伦觉得 |
[38:41] | to introduce Mike’s steroid use, | 提起迈克用类固醇的事情 |
[38:43] | Gina’s temper and assault charge, | 还有吉娜的怒气和攻击指控 |
[38:46] | even Reese’s panic attacks. | 甚至是瑞茜恐慌症的事 都”太复杂” |
[38:47] | I mean, Ellen’s limited version of the story may have made | 艾伦的限量版故事 |
[38:52] | for compelling entertainment, | 也许是个很有吸引力的娱乐故事 |
[38:54] | but that doesn’t make it true. | 但不代表是真的 |
[38:56] | And it cost Reese her job, her reputation, | 而且它让瑞茜丢了工作 毁了名声 |
[39:01] | and it publicized to the whole world | 还向全世界宣传 |
[39:03] | that she was raped. | 她被强暴了 |
[39:06] | And you know what? It landed her right here… | 知道吗 此事让她现在出现在这里… |
[39:08] | on trial for murder. | 被控告谋杀 |
[39:14] | Please don’t make the same mistake Ellen did. | 拜托别再犯一次艾伦犯过的错 |
[39:20] | She’s not a murderer. | 她不是杀人犯 |
[39:22] | She’s a survivor. | 她是名幸存者 |
[39:25] | That’s the true story. | 这才是真相 |
[39:36] | On the charge of murder in the first degree, | 关于被控一级谋杀 |
[39:40] | how do you find? | 你们作何结论 |
[39:45] | We, the jury, find the defendant, Reese Burton… | 我们 陪审团 裁定被告 瑞茜·伯顿 |
[39:49] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[39:53] | Court adjourned. | 休庭 |
[40:00] | Will you look at that? | 看看这情况 |
[40:01] | I… I see the coach and his team | 我… 我发现教练和他的队伍 |
[40:03] | aren’t here for the verdict. | 没来听判决 |
[40:04] | Maybe you should look into that doping scandal. | 也许你该调查一下兴奋剂丑闻 |
[40:20] | Enemy alert. | 戒备状态 |
[40:22] | Say the word, | 一声令下 |
[40:23] | I hit the burn button. We lose it all. | 我就按下焚毁键 我们彻底输了 |
[40:25] | It’s all right, Cable. She called ahead. | 没事 凯博 她事先来过电话 |
[40:27] | We picked up Rob for questioning. | 我们把罗布带来盘问 |
[40:29] | He crumbled pretty quickly. | 他很快就招供了 |
[40:31] | Turns out Mike was about to blow the whistle | 原来是迈克打算揭发 |
[40:33] | on the team using steroids, | 团队服用类固醇的事 |
[40:35] | so the coach had motive to kill Mike and Ellen. | 所以教练有杀害迈克和艾伦的动机 |
[40:37] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[40:42] | You came all the way here to tell us this? | 你特地跑来告诉我们这事 |
[40:45] | Actually, I came to talk to you. | 实际上 我是来找你的 |
[40:48] | Mm, I haven’t had a sip of this yet. | 我还一口没喝呢 |
[40:51] | I’m gonna go play guitar. | 我去弹会儿吉他 |
[40:56] | I was impressed. | 你让我刮目相看 |
[40:58] | That passion… | 那份激情… |
[40:59] | that’s what I first remember about you | 就是你最开始在地检办公室工作的时候 |
[41:02] | when you started at the D.A.’s office. | 我所记得关于你的第一件事情 |
[41:04] | Look, Amanda, you don’t have to. | 阿曼达 你没必要说 |
[41:05] | No, I do. | 不 我有 |
[41:08] | That’s why I was so upset after your press conference. | 所以我在你的新闻发布会之后才这么沮丧 |
[41:11] | Well… you know how I felt. | 你知道我的感受 |
[41:17] | I just… | 我只是… |
[41:19] | felt like you weren’t taking me into account. | 觉得你没有把我考虑在内 |
[41:22] | I was still working there. | 我当时还在那里工作 |
[41:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:25] | I could’ve handled that differently. | 我本可以换个方式处理的 |
[41:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:31] | But I do get why you did it. | 但是我理解了你为什么要这么做 |
[41:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:35] | That means a lot. | 这对我意义重大 |
[41:37] | Just to be clear, don’t ever come up against me | 事先声明 别为了一个有罪的客户 |
[41:41] | with a guilty client. | 来跟我对立公堂 |
[41:42] | Well… don’t ever prosecute an innocent one. | 你也别起诉一个无辜的人 |
[41:51] | If she said she’d take you back… | 如果她说她可以带你回去 |
[41:54] | would you do it? | 你会去吗 |
[41:55] | In a heartbeat. | 立马走人 |
[42:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:06] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[42:07] | Um, if your social calendar | 如果你的社交日程 |
[42:08] | has cleared up… | 空出来了… |
[42:09] | What? | 什么 |
[42:12] | Tin Lizard? | 锡纸蜥蜴乐队吗 |
[42:13] | No pressure, but a bunch of us are going. | 别有压力 我们很多人都去 |
[42:16] | Yeah. | 好 |
[42:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:22] | Curious how you managed to turn this case | 很好奇你是怎么让这个案子成为 |
[42:24] | into an opportunity | 本尼和阿曼达 |
[42:26] | for Benny to reconcile with Amanda. | 和解的契机的 |
[42:31] | A happy coincidence. | 愉快的巧合罢了 |
[42:33] | You don’t believe in coincidences. | 你不相信巧合 |
[42:35] | Well… | 呃… |
[42:36] | a happy result of masterful manipulation | 精心操控的大团圆结局 |
[42:39] | seems a bit over the top, don’t you think? | 似乎有点过头了 你觉得呢 |
[42:43] | How long’s the feeling last? | 这种感觉会持续多久 |
[42:47] | Winning a case like this. | 打赢一个这样的官司 |
[42:49] | Helping Reese. | 帮助瑞茜 |
[42:52] | Until the next one. | 直到找到下一位 |