时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I gave them my 20s. | 我二十岁时就为他们工作 |
[00:06] | I’m gonna be 30 next month. | 我下个月就三十岁了 |
[00:09] | What am I supposed to do now? Where am I supposed to go? | 我现在该怎么办 我现在该去哪里 |
[00:11] | Is there anything more pathetic | 有什么事比一个男人三十岁时 |
[00:12] | than an unemployed 30-year-old white male? | 才失业还可悲的吗 |
[00:15] | Okay. | 好了 |
[00:17] | They fired you. | 他们解雇了你 |
[00:19] | Slamming your head into the wall | 但用你的脑袋撞墙 |
[00:20] | isn’t going to change that, is it? | 也无法改变这个情况 对吗 |
[00:22] | I hate them. | 我恨他们 |
[00:23] | Your anger is overwhelming you, Lex. | 你的愤怒正淹没你 莱克斯 |
[00:25] | I want to kill them, Doctor. | 我想杀死他们 医生 |
[00:27] | That’s what I want to do. I want them to die. | 我就是这么想的 我想让他们去死 |
[00:30] | You’re in a feeling place, Lex, not a thinking place. | 你正感情用事 莱克斯 而不是冷静思考 |
[00:33] | We need to put reason back in charge. | 我们现在要恢复理智 |
[00:34] | I know you know that. | 我知道你也明白的 |
[00:35] | – Screw reason. – ?No. | – 去他的理智 – 不行 |
[00:37] | In moments of crisis, when life overwhelms us, | 在危机时刻 在生活击垮我们的时候 |
[00:42] | all we have is reason. | 我们所剩的就只有理智了 |
[00:50] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[01:00] | You’re okay. | 你可以的 |
[01:02] | You’re going to be okay. | 你会好起来的 |
[01:04] | This is not the end of your life. | 你的日子还长着呢 |
[01:08] | You… You’re here. | 你就在这里 |
[01:09] | In this room with me. | 和我在这间屋子里 |
[01:13] | It’s just the two of us. | 只有你我二人 |
[01:16] | We’re gonna talk this out and come up with a plan. | 我们会好好聊一聊 找出解决办法 |
[01:20] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[01:35] | I’m sorry, sir. The partners are in a meeting. | 抱歉 先生 合伙人正在开会 |
[01:39] | You can’t go in there! | 你不能进去 |
[02:02] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:05] | Jason. | 詹森 |
[02:08] | Donovan. Good to see you. | 多诺万 很高兴见到你 |
[02:11] | I was surprised to hear from you. | 接到你的电话很意外 |
[02:13] | How long has it been? | 我们多久没见了 |
[02:14] | Too long. | 太久了 |
[02:15] | Coming over here, I kept remembering the two of us. | 在过来的路上 我一直回想我们俩 |
[02:19] | 17 years ago, newly licensed, | 十七年前 刚取得从业资格 |
[02:22] | sharing that basement office on West End Avenue. | 在西区大街合租那间地下室的办公室 |
[02:24] | The dungeon. | 我们的”地牢” |
[02:26] | One window and the faint smell of mildew. | 只有一个窗户 还有令人眩晕的霉味 |
[02:29] | Now here we are. | 再看看现在的我们 |
[02:39] | I need your help, Jace. | 我需要你的帮助 杰斯 |
[02:41] | You read about Harper Milton Capital? | 你看了关于哈珀与弥尔顿财务公司的新闻吗 |
[02:43] | Two or three months ago. | 两三个月前吧 |
[02:45] | Disgruntled ex-employee walks in and shoots both partners. | 愤懑的前职员闯入并开枪打死了两位合伙人 |
[02:47] | He was a patient of mine. | 他曾是我的病人 |
[02:50] | The partners’ widows are suing me. | 现在两位合伙人的遗孀在起诉我 |
[02:52] | On what grounds? | 什么罪名 |
[02:54] | Psychotherapy malpractice. | 心理治疗不当罪 |
[02:58] | So was he dangerous? Hindsight not withstanding? | 那他是否有威胁性 是不是无法承受被解雇 |
[03:01] | He was troubled, depression. | 他很苦恼 有抑郁症 |
[03:03] | Intermittent Explosive Disorder. | 间歇性狂暴症 |
[03:05] | Some PTSD as a result of childhood trauma. | 因儿时受过伤害而有创伤后遗症的症状 |
[03:08] | But I conducted the risk assessment, | 但根据我对他的风险评估 |
[03:10] | and he had no specific plans to commit violence. | 他并没有实施暴力的特定意图 |
[03:13] | Then legally I think you have a case. | 那么在法律上此案能够成立 |
[03:15] | Dr. Donovan Benanti. | 多诺万·本纳蒂博士 |
[03:17] | Award-winning psychologist | 曾获奖的心理医生 |
[03:19] | and, according to our fearless leader, | 而且据我们无畏的老板所说 |
[03:20] | one of the nicest guys and most meticulous clinicians | 他是这个行业中最棒且最不可思议的 |
[03:23] | in the business. | 临床医生之一 |
[03:24] | Which I’m sure will be abundantly clear | 这点能从本纳蒂提供的 |
[03:26] | from the six months of session notes Benanti’s turned over | 莱克斯·贝克尔的六个月的治疗记录中 |
[03:28] | regarding Lex Becker. | 充分看出来 |
[03:29] | Well, sorry to be a buzz kill here, but… | 抱歉要煞风景了 但是… |
[03:32] | Bull’s friend saw the killer on the same day he was fired | 布尔的朋友在凶手被解雇的当天跟他面谈过 |
[03:34] | and the same day he killed those men. | 并且在当天凶手杀死了他们 |
[03:37] | Now, he had to have been a mess in that session. | 他在心理咨询的时候肯定情绪很混乱 |
[03:40] | Why didn’t Dr. Benanti warn anyone? | 为什么本纳蒂博士不发出警告呢 |
[03:43] | Because thoughts and actions are two different things. | 因为想法和行为是两个不同的概念 |
[03:48] | That’s why the professional standard in a case like this | 这也是为什么在这样的案子中的专业标准 |
[03:50] | is for the psychologist to determine | 是由心理医生来决定 |
[03:52] | if there is a serious and imminent threat. | 是否存在严重且迫切的威胁 |
[03:55] | OKAY, I’LL ASK: What is “a serious and imminent threat”? | 那我想问 什么是”严重且迫切的威胁” |
[03:58] | As defined by law, a serious and imminent threat basically requires three things, | 法律规定 严重且迫切的威胁需具备三要素 |
[04:01] | an identified victim, | 明确的受害人 |
[04:04] | a specific plan to commit violence, and means. | 特定的施暴意图 和手段 |
[04:07] | – Means, like a weapon. – Yes. | – 手段 比如武器 – 是的 |
[04:09] | And without all three of those elements, | 而且不具备以上三要素的情况下 |
[04:11] | the law does not require a clinician | 法律上并不会要求临床医生 |
[04:12] | to break doctor-patient confidentiality. | 公开医患间的保密信息 |
[04:14] | But then you’ve got two grieving widows at the plaintiff’s table. | 但是两位悲痛的遗孀一纸诉状递交给了法院 |
[04:17] | That is our challenge. | 这就是我们要接受的挑战 |
[04:18] | Annabelle Harper and Sherryl Milton lost their husbands. | 安娜贝拉·哈珀和雪莉·弥尔顿失去了她们的丈夫 |
[04:22] | The jury will sympathize | 陪审团会同情她们 |
[04:23] | and want to compensate them for their suffering. | 愿意补偿她们遭受的痛苦 |
[04:25] | Okay, so how about we end this | 好吧 那为什么我们不能在走到陪审团那一步之前 |
[04:27] | before it gets to a jury? | 了结这个案子 |
[04:28] | I mean, why don’t we try to talk settlement? | 为什么我们不试着协商和解呢 |
[04:29] | Dr. Benanti is in private practice. | 本纳蒂博士是在私人诊所执业 |
[04:31] | He gets his clients through reputation and recommendations. | 他通过自己的名声和推荐来认识客户 |
[04:34] | If he appears to admit liability in a double murder-suicide, | 如果他承认了在这起谋杀两人后自杀的案件中的责任 |
[04:37] | his career is over. | 他的事业也就终结了 |
[04:39] | You’re right. | 是的 |
[04:41] | But I’ve got another idea. | 但我还有另外一个主意 |
[04:43] | The defense would like to argue | 被告方希望提起动议 |
[04:45] | a motion for summary judgment in this case. | 将此案执行简易判决程序 |
[04:47] | Your Honor, to throw this lawsuit out | 法官大人 在庭审前就终结此案 |
[04:48] | before going to trial would be a gross miscarriage of justice. | 将是严重的司法不公 |
[04:52] | On what grounds, Mr. Colón? | 基于什么原因 科隆先生 |
[04:54] | We understand why Mrs. Harper | 我们理解为什么哈珀女士 |
[04:56] | and Mrs. Milton filed suit. | 和弥尔顿女士提交了诉状 |
[04:58] | When the perpetrator of a crime commits suicide, | 当犯罪的行凶者自杀后 |
[05:02] | survivors want to hold someone else accountable. | 幸存者往往会指责其他的人 |
[05:05] | But that doesn’t change the fact | 但这并不会改变 |
[05:07] | that Dr. Benanti did nothing wrong. | 本纳蒂博士没有过错的事实 |
[05:09] | The case simply doesn’t stand up on its own merits. | 这个案子很显然无法经得起推敲 |
[05:11] | I beg to differ. | 我有不同 |
[05:12] | At best, the plaintiffs | 最多 原告会辩称 |
[05:14] | can argue that, given Lex’s anger at being fired, | 出于遭到解雇的愤怒 |
[05:17] | he identified his bosses | 莱克斯向本纳蒂博士明确指出 |
[05:19] | as potential victims to Dr. Benanti. | 他的老板可能成为其受害者 |
[05:22] | That’s one out of the three | 这只是需要提供的 |
[05:24] | of the major elements needed to report. | 三个主要要素之一 |
[05:26] | How about three out of three? | 如果我能提供全部三个要素呢 |
[05:29] | This video is time-stamped two days | 这段视频的录制时间是在 |
[05:31] | before Lex Becker killed Brady Harper and Tobias Milton… | 莱克斯·贝克尔杀害布雷迪·哈珀和托拜厄斯·弥尔顿的两天前 |
[05:34] | killed them by shooting them in the head, | 他用枪击中他们的头部杀死了他们 |
[05:36] | just like he’s practicing there, with the same type of gun | 正如他所练习的那样 并且是与实施谋杀时 |
[05:39] | that was used in the murders. | 所用的同一型号的枪 |
[05:41] | It might be the same gun, for all we know. | 甚至可能就是同一把枪 |
[05:43] | I don’t know about you, Your Honor, | 我不知道您怎么想 法官大人 |
[05:45] | but this certainly looks like evidence | 但这在我看来 显然就是其 |
[05:46] | of planning and means to me. | 有预谋有手段实施谋杀的证据 |
[05:48] | Oh, that video could mean anything, Your Honor. | 这个视频可以意味着很多事情 法官大人 |
[05:50] | It certainly doesn’t prove that Dr. Benanti | 但这显然不能证明本纳蒂博士 |
[05:52] | – had any knowledge of… – I don’t know | – 知道任何… – 我不知道 |
[05:54] | what it proves, Mr. Colón. | 这证明了什么 科隆先生 |
[05:57] | But we’ll certainly have ample time | 但我们显然会有足够的时间 |
[05:59] | to get to the bottom of that in front of a jury. | 在陪审团面前彻查此案 |
[06:02] | So, motion for summary judgment denied. | 因此 我否决此案执行简易判决程序的动议 |
[06:06] | I am ordering this case to trial immediately. | 本案即刻进入庭审程序 |
[06:10] | I’ve got Chunk going to the gun range | 我让查克去射击场确认 |
[06:12] | to confirm whose gun Lex was actually using there. | 莱克斯打靶时实际用的是谁的枪 |
[06:15] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[06:16] | And since the gun used in the murder-suicide | 因为谋杀后自杀的行为中所使用的枪 |
[06:18] | was actually left behind and taken into evidence, | 被留在案发现场并且列为了证物 |
[06:21] | Danny was able to confirm that it was unregistered. | 丹尼已经确认这把枪未登记注册 |
[06:23] | The serial numbers were scratched off. | 序列号已经被划掉了 |
[06:26] | So there’s no record of its purchase. | 因此也就无法查到买卖记录 |
[06:28] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[06:29] | Well, that is a great start, | 这个开头很好 |
[06:31] | but I need someone to tell me what set this guy off. | 但是我需要知道到底是什么刺激了这个家伙 |
[06:35] | From the moment he left Don’s office | 从他离开多的办公室的那一刻起 |
[06:36] | to the moment he killed those men, what happened? | 到他杀害那两个人的那一刻为止 发生了什么 |
[06:38] | Was there some incident that triggered this? | 是不是有什么意外触发了他的行为 |
[06:42] | There’s no better way to prove that Don had | 与其证明多与此案无关 |
[06:43] | nothing to do with this than to tell a jury who did. | 不如告诉陪审团是谁与此案有关 |
[06:47] | – Ah. – ?Wow, Jace. | – 啊 – 哇喔 杰斯 |
[06:49] | – Don. – This is quite something. | – 多 – 你的办公室真不错啊 |
[06:51] | Don Benanti. | 多 本纳蒂 |
[06:53] | Finest clinical psychologist I’ve ever met. | 他是我所见过的最好的临床心理医生 |
[06:55] | I’d like you to meet | 我想向你介绍 |
[06:56] | Benny Colón, the finest in-house attorney | 本尼 科隆 他是我所共事过的 |
[06:58] | I’ve ever worked with, and your current counsel of record. | 最棒的全职律师 也是你的正式出庭律师 |
[07:01] | Pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[07:02] | Thrilled you’re willing to take this on. | 因为你愿意接手此案 我很激动 |
[07:04] | Oh, I take on pretty much whatever he takes on. | 他接手什么案子 我就接手什么案子 |
[07:07] | He signs the checks. | 他签了支票 |
[07:10] | So, today we go and start, uh, w…what is that word? | 我们今天要做什么来着 |
[07:14] | Voir dire. Jury selection. | 选择陪审员 |
[07:17] | But before we get to that, | 不过我们出发前 |
[07:18] | Benny, would you give us a moment? | 本尼 我和他单独聊聊吧 |
[07:20] | Sure. | 好的 |
[07:27] | Tell me you didn’t know he was going to the gun range. | 告诉我你不知道他去射击场了 |
[07:30] | Prosecution has security footage | 原告拿到的监控录像里 |
[07:32] | of your patient shooting human silhouettes | 你的患者朝着人形靶子 |
[07:34] | right between the eyes for almost an hour, | 双眼正中央射击了近一个小时 |
[07:36] | less than two days before he executed those men. | 过了不到两天 他射杀了那两个人 |
[07:42] | Tell me you didn’t know about this. | 告诉我你不知道这件事 |
[07:44] | I can’t. I knew. | 不 我知道 |
[07:47] | Truth is | 事实上 |
[07:48] | it was my idea. | 这是我出的主意 |
[07:50] | Come on, Donovan. A gun range? | 不是吧 多诺万 射击场 |
[07:52] | For a patient with Intermittent Explosive Disorder? | 让间歇性及暴发性精神障碍的患者去那里 |
[07:55] | – Really? – Really. | – 不是吧 – 是的 |
[07:56] | I felt he needed safe, controlled ways | 我认为他需要以安全可控的方式 |
[07:58] | to release his aggression. | 来释放他的攻击性 |
[08:00] | I was trying to introduce him to new coping mechanisms. | 我想让他试试新的应对方法 |
[08:03] | Shooting, | 射击 |
[08:04] | fencing, Thai boxing. | 击剑 泰拳 |
[08:06] | A variety of activities I hoped would allow him | 希望他能够通过这些活动 |
[08:08] | to work out his anger in a socially appropriate way. | 适当地释放愤怒 |
[08:12] | Don’t judge me. | 不要对我有看法 |
[08:14] | You know as well as I do, just because someone | 你和我都知道 不能仅仅因为某个人 |
[08:16] | goes to a gun range doesn’t mean | 去了射击场 |
[08:17] | they’re planning to shoot someone. | 就判定他会射杀别人 |
[08:18] | A depressive with PTSD and impulse control issues | 一个有创伤后应激障碍和情绪控制障碍的抑郁病人 |
[08:20] | isn’t just “someone.” | 可不是”某个人” |
[08:21] | Well, I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道说什么了 |
[08:23] | It was working. | 这样很有效 |
[08:25] | He was markedly calmer, showing great improvement. | 他明显变得冷静了 有很大改善 |
[08:30] | All right. Come on. | 好吧 走吧 |
[08:32] | Let’s go. Court awaits. | 我们走 要开庭了 |
[08:38] | So let’s talk narrative. | 我们说一下讲故事 |
[08:39] | Narrative? | 讲故事 |
[08:41] | A trial is a battle of two competing stories. | 审判就是两个故事的对决 |
[08:43] | They tell their stories and we tell ours. | 他们讲他们的故事我们讲我们的 |
[08:45] | So what’s our narrative? | 那我们的故事是什么 |
[08:47] | Simple. | 很简单 |
[08:48] | Psychologists aren’t mind police. | 心理学家不是思想警察 |
[08:49] | Holding them responsible for the actions of their patients | 让医生为患者离开医生办公室后的 |
[08:52] | after they leave the doctor’s office | 行为负责 |
[08:53] | is not only impossible, it’s dangerous. | 既不可能 也很危险 |
[09:01] | You know them? | 你认识她们吗 |
[09:02] | It’s the widows of the men Lex killed. | 是两名死者的遗孀 |
[09:04] | Otherwise known as | 也就是 |
[09:05] | the people taking you to court. | 把你送上法庭的人 |
[09:06] | And that’s their lawyer, Mark Zimmer. | 那是她们的律师马克·齐默 |
[09:09] | It’s okay to feel for them | 即使同情她们 |
[09:10] | and still know they’re in the wrong here. | 也要知道她们有错 |
[09:12] | – Of course, I know that. – In fact, | – 当然 我知道 – 其实 |
[09:14] | that’s what we’ll be looking for in our jurors. | 这也是我们想从陪审员身上看到的 |
[09:17] | People that can make the distinction | 人们能够正确地区分 |
[09:19] | between logic and emotion. | 理智和情感 |
[09:20] | The other side will try to play on the heartstrings. | 原告方会拨动人们内心的感情 |
[09:22] | To counter that, we need analytical thinkers. | 为了反击 我们需要善于分析思考的人 |
[09:25] | People who can separate what happened in the hour you spent | 这些人能够区分你和莱克斯在一起的一小时 |
[09:28] | with Lex from everything that happened afterward. | 和之后发生的一切 |
[09:31] | Ms. Larsen, | 拉森女士 |
[09:32] | what do you do for a living? | 您的工作是什么 |
[09:35] | For a living? Data entry. | 我的工作 数据录入 |
[09:37] | Don’t get too excited, Bull. | 别高兴了 布尔 |
[09:39] | Her seemingly perfect analytical job | 她看似完美的分析工作 |
[09:41] | is only temp work; she’s trained as a dancer. | 不过是临时的 她是一位专业舞者 |
[09:46] | The defense would like to thank | 被告十分感谢这位陪审员 |
[09:47] | and excuse this juror, Your Honor. | 但并不选入 法官大人 |
[09:49] | When you go to a restaurant | 当你和一帮朋友 |
[09:50] | with a group of friends, | 去餐厅时 |
[09:53] | who here takes control, splits the bill | 谁会负责分摊费用 |
[09:56] | and calculates a tip? | 计算小费 |
[09:59] | These three jurors are acceptable | 被告方选择 |
[10:00] | to the defense, Your Honor. | 这三位陪审员 法官大人 |
[10:02] | Happy dividing and compartmentalizing. | 喜欢做划分的人 |
[10:03] | That’s exactly what we want. | 正是我们想要的 |
[10:07] | Martin Hamilton. | 马丁·汉密尔顿 |
[10:09] | 28 years old. | 二十八岁 |
[10:10] | Software engineer. | 软件工程师 |
[10:11] | His job requires both creative and analytical skills. | 他的工作需要具备创新和分析能力 |
[10:14] | That’s a tough call. | 很难判断 |
[10:17] | How many hot dog vendors | 你觉得曼哈顿区 |
[10:18] | would you say are in the borough of Manhattan? | 有多少个卖热狗的摊子呢 |
[10:23] | If Manhattan is about 250 blocks north to south | 要是曼哈顿从北往南有二百五十多个街区 |
[10:27] | and 12 avenues east to west… | 从东到西有十二条大道的话… |
[10:30] | A regimented thinker. | 思考非常严格 |
[10:31] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[10:33] | …one cart for every nine square blocks, | …每九个街区一个餐车 |
[10:35] | – I would say… – Thank you. | – 我觉得… – 谢谢 |
[10:36] | Juror number two is acceptable to the defense, Your Honor. | 被告方选择二号陪审员 法官大人 |
[10:39] | Then we have our jury. | 我们选好了陪审团 |
[10:45] | Okay. Well, we got what we needed, didn’t we? | 好的 我们选到想要的人了对吧 |
[10:49] | We did. | 没错 |
[10:51] | We got what we needed based on what we know today, | 我们根据目前了解的情况进行选择 |
[10:54] | but you’re a smart guy, Don, so I need to prepare you. | 但你是个聪明人 多 所以我还是要提醒你 |
[10:58] | A trial is a lot like an approaching storm. | 审判很像一场即将降临的暴风雨 |
[11:00] | You know it’s coming. | 你知道它要来了 |
[11:01] | You pull together appropriate provisions, | 你准备好了必需品 |
[11:02] | you board up the house, but you still have to ride it out | 封好了房子 可你还是要忍着 |
[11:05] | and hope it isn’t any stronger than you thought, | 希望这场暴风雨来得不会那么猛烈 |
[11:07] | or lasts any longer than you expected. | 不会持续那么久 |
[11:09] | Anything can happen. | 什么事情都会发生 |
[11:13] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:14] | Please. | 得了吧 |
[11:16] | I have weather insurance. | 我有天气保险 |
[11:17] | I have Jason Bull. | 我有詹森 布尔 |
[11:36] | Entrez. | 进来 |
[11:39] | Entra. | 进来 |
[11:41] | Eniru. | 进来 |
[11:43] | See, that’s French, Italian, and I have no idea. | 分别是法语 意大利语和一个我不知道的 |
[11:46] | Esperanto, just in case. | 世界语 以防万一 |
[11:48] | Nice. | 不错 |
[11:49] | When the Tower of Babel falls, I am sticking with you. | 巴别塔倒下的时候 我要和你待在一起 |
[11:53] | So you need to check this out. | 你看一下这个 |
[11:54] | It’s Benanti’s notes from a session with Lex. | 是本纳蒂给莱克斯做治疗的记录 |
[11:57] | His first session, actually. | 这是他第一次治疗 |
[11:59] | And? | 然后呢 |
[12:00] | And look at the upper right-hand corner. | 然后看右上角 |
[12:04] | “Referred by A. Harper.” | “A. 哈珀推荐” |
[12:06] | A. Harper. | A. 哈珀 |
[12:07] | You don’t think Annabelle Harper, | 你有没有想过是安娜贝拉 哈珀 |
[12:09] | Brady Harper’s widow, the plaintiff in this case, | 布雷迪 哈珀的遗孀 这起案子的原告 |
[12:12] | referred Lex to Benanti, do you? | 向莱克斯推荐了本纳蒂 |
[12:19] | Door-to-door service. | 上门服务 |
[12:20] | You guys really are a one-stop shop. | 你们真是一站式服务 |
[12:22] | I have something to run by you. | 我有事和你说 |
[12:24] | I wanted to do it in private | 在我们去法庭前 |
[12:26] | before we go to court. | 我想单独和你说 |
[12:28] | Sounds serious. | 听起来很严肃 |
[12:29] | Kind of a hypothetical. | 有点假设性 |
[12:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:34] | If, in some kind of alternate universe, | 如果 在某种假设的情况下 |
[12:37] | a former patient of yours were | 你之前的某位患者 |
[12:39] | to take the stand in a lawsuit… | 需要在此案中表态… |
[12:41] | mind you, I’m not asking you | 当然了我不是 |
[12:44] | to reveal any privileged information… | 让你泄露需要保密的信息… |
[12:46] | but if, hypothetically, that were to happen, | 但是假设 这种情况发生了 |
[12:50] | would your legal team have anything to worry about? | 我们律师团队需要担心什么吗 |
[12:55] | I’d like to think I’ve been a great counselor | 我想说 一直以来所有患者都认为 |
[12:58] | to all of my patients. | 我是位很好的心理医生 |
[13:05] | I was still half asleep | 布雷迪那天早上和我吻别时 |
[13:07] | when Brady kissed me good-bye that morning. | 我还在半醒半梦中 |
[13:11] | If I’d known it was the last time | 要是我知道那是 |
[13:12] | I’d ever see him, I… | 最后一次见他 我… |
[13:15] | Just wish I’d put my glasses on, you know? | 希望能戴上眼镜 |
[13:18] | So I could have really looked at him. | 可以好好看看他 |
[13:22] | The crow’s-feet around his eyes | 他笑起来 |
[13:24] | when he smiled, and… | 眼角的鱼尾纹 还有… |
[13:26] | the way he chewed on his lower lip | 他咬着下嘴唇 |
[13:29] | when he pretended to be listening but | 假装在听我说话 |
[13:32] | his mind was somewhere else. | 其实他走神了 |
[13:36] | If I’d have known, I’d… | 要是我早知道 我就… |
[13:39] | I’d have gotten up, | 我就会起来 |
[13:41] | put my arms around him. | 抱住他 |
[13:44] | Never let him walk out that door. | 绝不让他走出那扇门 |
[13:46] | Objection, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 我提出反对 |
[13:48] | With all due respect, relevance. | 恕我直言 与本案无关 |
[13:50] | Sustained. | 继续 |
[13:52] | I’ll tell you the relevance. | 我会告诉你其中的关联 |
[13:53] | Analytical or not, the jurors are eating this up. | 不管是否擅于分析 陪审员们很吃这一套 |
[13:56] | They really feel for this woman, Bull. | 他们真的很同情这位女士 布尔 |
[13:58] | Of course they do. She’s a sympathy machine. | 当然了 她值得同情 |
[14:00] | Benny’ll get her back on cross. | 本尼会让她接受应有的惩罚 |
[14:01] | I hope so, | 但愿如此 |
[14:03] | because I’m beginning to forget what the color green looks like. | 因为我都快忘了绿色是什么样子了 |
[14:05] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有更多问题了 法官阁下 |
[14:07] | Your witness, Counselor. | 目击证人 律师 |
[14:12] | I’d like to begin by saying | 开始前我想说 |
[14:13] | how profoundly sorry I am for your loss. | 对你的损失我深感抱歉 |
[14:18] | Thank you. I appreciate that. | 非常感谢你 |
[14:19] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[14:21] | Um, but I have to ask. | 但我不得不问 |
[14:24] | In Dr. Benanti’s session notes, | 在本纳蒂的治疗记录里提到 |
[14:27] | he mentions that Lex was referred to him by an A. Harper. | 是一名叫A. 哈珀的人推荐莱克斯来的 |
[14:32] | Was that you? | 那是你吗 |
[14:35] | Brady had mentioned there was a bright | 布雷迪提到在公司有个聪明 |
[14:37] | but troubled young trader at the firm. | 但却有些麻烦的年轻商人 |
[14:40] | There’d been a few outbursts, | 曾经产生过一些冲突 |
[14:43] | and he said he thought he might | 他说他考虑可能 |
[14:45] | have to let this kid, Lex, go. | 让这个叫莱克斯的孩子离开 |
[14:49] | And, um, I recommended he send him to Dr. Benanti instead | 而且我建议他把他转交给本纳蒂医生 |
[14:54] | and try to get him help. | 以寻求帮助 |
[14:58] | I wish to God now that I hadn’t. | 真希望我没有那么做 |
[15:01] | And how did you know Dr. Benanti? | 你是怎么知道本纳蒂医生的呢 |
[15:04] | Did you, uh, read about him? | 你有看过他的资料吗 |
[15:06] | Did you hear about him from a friend? | 还是从朋友那儿听说的 |
[15:09] | Why did you recommend…? | 你为什么推荐… |
[15:10] | Objection, Your Honor. Privileged. | 我反对 法官阁下 特许保密 |
[15:13] | It’s all right. Mark, I’ll answer. | 没关系 马克 我会回答的 |
[15:14] | I have nothing to hide. | 我没有什么要隐瞒的 |
[15:17] | I recommended Dr. Benanti | 是我推荐了本纳蒂医生 |
[15:18] | because he was my therapist. | 因为他是我的心理医生 |
[15:20] | I had been going through a hard time, | 我曾经有过一段艰难的时光 |
[15:23] | and I sought treatment from him. | 我从他那儿寻求治疗 |
[15:25] | That’s interesting. | 有趣 |
[15:27] | So, in the time that you went to Dr. Benanti, | 那么 那时你找到本纳蒂医生 |
[15:31] | did you find him to be a negligent practitioner, | 你有没有发现他是一个粗心大意的医生 |
[15:35] | as your lawsuit suggests he was with Lex? | 正如你起诉他在莱克斯一案中疏忽职守那样 |
[15:41] | No. | 没有 |
[15:43] | No. In fact, he was actually very thorough, | 不 实际上 他非常细心 |
[15:46] | very attentive. | 而且专注 |
[15:49] | He…he helped me a great deal. | 他…他给了我很大帮助 |
[15:52] | He’d even call between sessions to check up on me. | 他甚至在工作期间打电话来询问我的情况 |
[15:57] | Sounds like Dr. Benanti was the opposite of negligent. | 听起来本纳蒂医生并不懒散 |
[16:00] | Sounds like he was downright solicitous. | 反倒非常关心病人 |
[16:04] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官阁下 |
[16:07] | Hey, you were right, Bull. | 你说得没错 布尔 |
[16:08] | Benny is killing it. | 是本尼在搞鬼 |
[16:09] | I think we’re out of the woods with Annabelle. | 我认为我们和安娜贝拉走出了困境 |
[16:11] | Oh, I’m not so sure about that. | 我可不确定 |
[16:24] | Tell me you did not sleep with a patient. | 告诉我你没有和病人睡觉 |
[16:26] | Tell me you did not sleep with Annabelle Harper. | 告诉我你没有和安娜贝拉·哈珀上床 |
[16:28] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[16:29] | Of course I didn’t sleep with my patient. | 我当然没有 |
[16:31] | When she was on the stand, you were leaning in, preening, | 她在听证席上时 你半倚着夸耀自己 |
[16:34] | mirroring her facial expressions. | 模仿着她的面部表情 |
[16:35] | It was like a freshman lecture | 好像是给新生上有关 |
[16:37] | on subconscious indicators of intimacy and attraction. | 亲密感和吸引力潜在暗示的课 |
[16:39] | Bull, I promise you, I didn’t sleep with her. | 布尔 我向你保证 我没有和她上床 |
[16:41] | Okay, did you ever touch her? Kiss her? | 好 那你碰她了吗 亲她了吗 |
[16:43] | Were you in love with her? Was it an emotional affair? | 你爱上她了吗 这是一场感情纠纷吗 |
[16:45] | I mean, were there any e-mails, texts, gifts? | 有没有什么邮件 短信和礼物 |
[16:47] | How exposed are we on this?! | 我们还要说得多直白 |
[16:48] | Jason, slow down. | 詹森 慢点 |
[16:49] | Okay. I… | 好吧 我… |
[16:52] | admired Annabelle. | 仰慕安娜贝拉 |
[16:55] | Her thoughtfulness. | 她无微不至 |
[16:56] | How gracefully she dealt with what she was going through. | 她是多么优雅地处理正在经历的一切 |
[16:59] | But did I have feelings for her? Perhaps. | 但我同情她吗 或许吧 |
[17:02] | I’ve had feelings for a thousand people, | 我同情成百上千的人 |
[17:04] | some of them my patients. | 一些是我的病人 |
[17:07] | You know how it is. | 你明白这是怎么回事 |
[17:08] | Our line of work. | 这是我们的职业 |
[17:10] | But I swear to you, | 但我对你发誓 |
[17:11] | I broke no ethical boundaries. | 我没有逾越任何伦理界限 |
[17:15] | Did she know about your feelings for her? | 她知道你的心意吗 |
[17:17] | I certainly hope not. No, she couldn’t have. | 我希望不要 不 她不可能知道的 |
[17:20] | Well, she mentioned phone calls. | 可她提到了那些电话 |
[17:22] | I mean, I worked clinical practice eight years, | 我干临床这一行八年了 |
[17:25] | and I made follow-up calls maybe six times. | 这期间我可能只打了六次随访电话 |
[17:28] | Why did you call her? What would you say? | 你为什么打电话给她 你说了什么 |
[17:30] | You know that’s confidential. | 你知道这是保密的 |
[17:31] | But I swear to you, | 但我发誓 |
[17:33] | I did not make those calls often, | 我没有经常打电话 |
[17:35] | but when I did, it was for an urgent reason. | 我打的所有电话都是事关紧要 |
[17:38] | Please. Jason, you got to trust me here. | 拜托 詹森 你得信任我 |
[17:42] | You’re my lifeline. You’re all I’ve got. | 你是我的救命稻草 我全指望你了 |
[17:46] | Of course I trust you. | 我当然相信你 |
[17:49] | And I’m sorry. I just, I just… | 我很抱歉 我只是… |
[17:50] | No, you don’t have to be sorry. | 不 你没必要感到抱歉 |
[17:53] | You’re right. I understand. | 你是对的 我理解 |
[17:56] | It’s like a giant storm. | 就好像一场暴风雨 |
[17:58] | And you’re trying to read the weather. | 而你正努力掌握天气情况 |
[18:18] | Anybody home? | 有人在吗 |
[18:25] | Hey, just, uh, wanted to let you know. | 嘿 我只是想让你知道 |
[18:27] | We, uh, just wrapped up. | 我们刚刚顺利结束 |
[18:29] | Wrapped up what? | 结束什么 |
[18:30] | Mock trial. | 模拟法庭 |
[18:31] | Benny preparing Benanti for his testimony. | 本尼正为本纳蒂准备他的证词 |
[18:34] | I stood up in the booth and watched. | 我站在隔间看 |
[18:36] | Man, what a show. | 多么精彩的一场表演 |
[18:39] | You make it home last night? | 你昨晚在这儿过夜了 |
[18:40] | You get any sleep? | 你有睡觉吗 |
[18:42] | Not that I’m aware of. | 恐怕没有 |
[18:45] | Now, why are you poring over Lex’s patient records? | 你现在干嘛还在钻研莱克斯的病历 |
[18:47] | Didn’t Marissa prepare summaries of those for you? | 玛丽莎没有给你总结吗 |
[18:49] | What’d you come in here to tell me? | 你到这儿来想告诉我什么 |
[18:51] | Well, just that Benny grilled Benanti six ways from Sunday, | 周日开始本尼拷问本纳蒂的六种方法 |
[18:54] | and he’s rock solid. | 他现在已经坚若磐石了 |
[18:56] | The guy’s a quick learner. | 那家伙学得很快 |
[18:57] | He was able to take everything that Benny threw at him | 他能搞定本尼交给他的一切 |
[19:00] | and use it to pivot back to the talking points of our narrative. | 以把重点转移到我们的谈话要点上 |
[19:03] | And the mock jury found him extremely trustworthy. | 模拟陪审团发现他十分值得信任 |
[19:06] | Of course they did. | 当然了 |
[19:08] | He’s a student of human behavior. | 他学习人类行为 |
[19:10] | He knows how to read it, he knows how to model it. | 他知道如何理解并为其提供模型 |
[19:13] | Strike that. | 不对 |
[19:15] | He’s a master of human behavior. | 他可是人类行为的专家 |
[19:18] | Best I’ve ever seen. | 我见过最好的 |
[19:21] | What’s wrong, Bull? | 布尔 怎么了 |
[19:23] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[19:26] | And it’s driving me crazy. | 我快要疯掉了 |
[19:32] | The gun… where did Lex get it? | 那把枪…莱克斯从哪儿得到的 |
[19:36] | Uh, well, we haven’t really had much luck | 关于追查枪支来源这事 |
[19:38] | running that down, Bull. | 我们的运气不太好 布尔 |
[19:40] | Why is that? | 那是怎么回事 |
[19:41] | It’s a gun. It had to come from somewhere. | 那可是枪 肯定是有来源的 |
[19:43] | This one’s on me. | 是我负责的 |
[19:44] | I figured with no serial number, | 那上面没有出厂编号 |
[19:46] | it had to have been purchased illegally. | 一定是非法购得的 |
[19:48] | And given Lex’s white collar background, | 再考虑到莱克斯的白领背景 |
[19:50] | I assumed he got it online. | 我推测这是他从网上买的 |
[19:52] | But I’ve searched all of the arms trading sites, | 但我搜索了所有武器交易网站 |
[19:55] | and there’s no record of a Beretta being purchased | 没有找到莱克斯使用的IP地址有任何 |
[19:57] | from any of the I.P. addresses Lex has access to. | 贝瑞塔枪的订单信息 |
[19:59] | Wait a second. What kind of gun was it? | 等一下 这是种什么枪 |
[20:01] | A Beretta. A Beretta Tomcat. | 贝瑞塔的枪 贝瑞塔的雄猫 |
[20:05] | No, it wasn’t. | 不 不是 |
[20:17] | Jace. | 杰斯 |
[20:19] | Come in. | 进来 |
[20:22] | Want to have a seat? | 想要坐一坐吗 |
[20:25] | Or would you rather put your feet up? | 或者你更愿意躺下来 |
[20:28] | I’m not a patient. | 我可不是病人 |
[20:31] | This isn’t a session. | 这不是什么心理治疗 |
[20:33] | Okay. What is it? | 好吧 那是什么 |
[20:35] | I want to tell you a story. | 我想给你讲个故事 |
[20:37] | A story about a young, ambitious psychologist | 关于一个年轻且野心勃勃的心理学家 |
[20:39] | just starting out in private practice. | 刚刚开始私人诊所的工作 |
[20:43] | He wanted to make a difference, so naturally he chose | 他想要与众不同 所以他很自然地选择 |
[20:46] | tough, sometimes even dangerous patients. | 难搞的 甚至是危险的病人 |
[20:50] | And to protect himself, he kept a Beretta Tomcat in his desk. | 为了保护自己 他在桌子里放着一把贝瑞塔雄猫手枪 |
[20:52] | Ring any bells? | 有什么印象吗 |
[20:56] | It was you and me against the world in that office, Don, | 我曾和你在那个办公室里一起对抗世界 多 |
[20:59] | so I showed you my gun, where I kept it, how to use it. | 所以我给你看了我的枪 放在哪里 以及如何使用 |
[21:05] | Didn’t you tell me you got one of your own after I left? | 在我走之后 你不是告诉我你自己搞了一把吗 |
[21:07] | Didn’t you tell me it was just like the one I had? | 你不是说和我那把一样吗 |
[21:12] | I need to see it. | 我要看看那把枪 |
[21:29] | Aren’t you gonna open it? | 你不打算打开吗 |
[21:31] | What’s the point? | 你的重点在哪里 |
[21:33] | We both know it’s empty. | 我们都知道里面是空的 |
[21:37] | Do you believe in destiny? | 你相信命运吗 |
[21:42] | Every night, | 每晚 |
[21:45] | when I put my head on the pillow, | 当我躺在床上的时候 |
[21:47] | I’d dream of her. | 我会梦到她 |
[21:50] | I’d dream of us. | 我会梦到我们 |
[21:52] | And I also knew, of course, that she was dreaming about me. | 当然我也知道 她会梦到我 |
[21:57] | But I also knew, | 但在内心深处 |
[21:59] | deep down, that she was… | 我也知道 她 |
[22:02] | un-have-able. | 是触不可及的 |
[22:05] | She was married to Brady Harper… | 她嫁给了布雷迪 哈珀 |
[22:07] | richer than God. | 比上帝还富有 |
[22:09] | And he wasn’t going anywhere, | 并且他哪里也不会去 |
[22:11] | and she wasn’t about to leave him, | 她也不会离开他 |
[22:13] | so I made my peace with it. | 所以我接受了这一事实 |
[22:15] | She was still mine on our afternoons. | 在我们的下午 她仍然属于我 |
[22:18] | We still had our phone calls. | 我们仍然会打电话 |
[22:20] | She was my secret and I was her secret. | 她是我的秘密 我也是她的秘密 |
[22:22] | And then one day, | 然后某一天 |
[22:23] | Lex walked in here and said that her husband had fired him, | 莱克斯走进来说她的丈夫炒了他 |
[22:26] | that he wanted to kill him, wanted him dead. | 他想要杀了他 想要他去死 |
[22:30] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[22:31] | isn’t that the definition of destiny? | 那难道不是我们命运的定义吗 |
[22:35] | All I really had to do was | 我能做的一切就是 |
[22:36] | put the gun in his hand and ask him nicely. | 把枪放在他手里 然后好好问他 |
[22:38] | He trusted you to help him, to save him. | 他信任你能帮他 能拯救他 |
[22:42] | – And you used him… – Used him, | – 然后你利用了他 – 利用了他 |
[22:44] | preyed on his shame, called him son, | 以他的羞耻感为牺牲品 称他为儿子 |
[22:45] | told him to make me proud. | 告诉他要让我骄傲 |
[22:47] | I gave him what he craved: | 我给了他所渴望的 |
[22:50] | a few moments of tenderness, of understanding. | 亲切的时刻 理解的时刻 |
[22:54] | And in the end, I put him out of his misery. | 最终 我让他摆脱了痛苦 |
[22:57] | What’s so wrong with that? | 那有什么错 |
[23:00] | So what if I got something I wanted out of it, too? | 所以我也从中得到了想要的东西 有什么错 |
[23:03] | My God, you’re certifiable. | 我的天哪 你真是疯了 |
[23:05] | I’m nothing of the kind, Jason, | 我不是善良的人 詹森 |
[23:07] | and you know it. | 你知道的 |
[23:08] | That’s what’s making you so angry. | 那就是让你如此生气的地方 |
[23:10] | The pragmatism of it all, the elegant simplicity of it. | 一切的实用主义 优雅的极简主义 |
[23:14] | Our job is to improve lives, Donovan, | 我们的工作是改善生活 多诺万 |
[23:17] | not destroy them. | 而不是毁掉生活 |
[23:18] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[23:19] | That’s a fairy tale, Jace. | 那是个童话 杰斯 |
[23:21] | Look around. We swore no Hippocratic oath. | 看看周围 我们不用依据希波克拉底誓言发誓 |
[23:25] | We psychologists created | 我们这些心理学家创造了 |
[23:26] | the CIA’s enhanced torture program, for heaven’s sake. | 中情局的酷刑吗 你可省省吧 |
[23:29] | No, sir. It’s our job to listen to people, | 不是的 先生 我们的工作是倾听人们 |
[23:32] | to know them, and to decode how it is they work. | 认识他们 来解析他们的心理 |
[23:35] | And what we do with that information, well… | 至于我们如何处理那些信息 |
[23:38] | You know I can’t let this stand. I can’t be a party to this. | 你知道我不能容忍这种事 我不会参与的 |
[23:41] | I’m sorry, old friend. | 对不起 老朋友 |
[23:43] | It’s not like you have a lot of choice. | 你没有很多选择 |
[23:46] | You’re a member of my defense team. | 你是我辩护团队的一名成员 |
[23:49] | This entire conversation is protected | 这些对话都会受到 |
[23:51] | under attorney-client privilege. | 律师与当事人保密特权保护 |
[23:53] | You can’t call the police. | 你不能报警 |
[23:55] | You can’t tell the authorities. | 你不能把这些话告诉当局 |
[23:57] | You can’t tell anyone. | 你不能告诉任何人 |
[24:22] | Early birds. | 早起的鸟儿 |
[24:24] | Always been a couple of early birds. | 我们总是那一对早起的鸟儿 |
[24:39] | I couldn’t sleep. How about you? | 我睡不着 你呢 |
[24:41] | You’re the clinical psychologist, Don. | 你是临床心理学家 多 |
[24:43] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[24:44] | I can’t lie. | 我不能说谎 |
[24:46] | I was having nightmares that you quit. | 我做噩梦 梦到你退出了 |
[24:49] | Doesn’t work that way. | 我不会那样退出的 |
[24:51] | I can’t quit just because a client is guilty. | 我不能仅仅因为客户有罪就退出 |
[24:55] | You tell anyone? | 你把这事告诉任何人了吗 |
[24:56] | Like who? | 比如谁 |
[24:57] | Attorney-client privilege, remember? | 律师与当事人保密特权 记得吗 |
[25:01] | How about Benny? | 本尼呢 |
[25:03] | I’d never say a word to him. | 我绝不会告诉他一个字 |
[25:05] | He’s legally and ethically bound | 他在法律上和道德上都有义务 |
[25:06] | to provide a rigorous defense. | 提供严谨的辩护 |
[25:08] | I don’t want to make that any harder than it has to be. | 我不想让它变得更加困难 |
[25:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:20] | Don’t judge her. | 不要评价她 |
[25:21] | You can’t judge her. | 你不能评价她 |
[25:24] | What? | 怎么了 |
[25:26] | You’re a deeply disturbed man. | 你是个深感不安的人 |
[25:29] | I’m just happy you found your other. | 我只是为你找到另一半而高兴 |
[25:34] | So, after you calmed Lex down, | 所以 在你让莱克斯冷静下来之后 |
[25:37] | you did what’s called a risk assessment. | 你做了所谓的风险评估 |
[25:39] | Now, what does that entail, exactly? | 现在 那意味着什么 确切的说 |
[25:41] | It’s a series of questions | 这是一系列问题 |
[25:43] | to try to ascertain if Lex had any desires or plans | 试图确定莱克斯是否有任何意图或计划 |
[25:47] | to hurt himself or anyone else. | 来伤害自己或其他任何人 |
[25:50] | And did he? In your opinion. | 在你看来 他有吗 |
[25:52] | No. I spent about | 没有 我花了大约 |
[25:55] | 25 minutes asking him about his intentions. | 二十五分钟询问他的意图 |
[25:57] | Not only did he not have any plans to commit violence, | 他不仅仅没有任何实施暴力的计划 |
[26:00] | his anger at being fired dissipated | 他被解雇的怒火消散了 |
[26:02] | throughout our time together. | 在我们呆在一起的时候 |
[26:04] | Therefore, you determined that there was | 因此 你决定没有必要 |
[26:06] | no need to warn anyone. | 警告任何人 |
[26:07] | In my career, I’ve been concerned | 在我的职业生涯中 我已经 |
[26:09] | about patients’ intentions enough to warn the authorities | 不止一次地担心病人们的意图 |
[26:12] | on more than one occasion, | 以至于要警告当局 |
[26:13] | but this was not one of those times. | 但这次不是那些时刻之一 |
[26:15] | Despite what happened later that day, I can say | 不管那天晚些时候发生的事 我可以 |
[26:18] | without hesitation, when Lex left my office, | 毫不犹豫地说 在莱克斯离开我的办公室时 |
[26:21] | he gave every indication that he had made his peace | 他给的一切迹象表明他已经通过释怀 |
[26:24] | with being let go and was excited | 与此事和解 而且对于 |
[26:26] | about exploring new employment possibilities. | 寻找新的工作机会感到兴奋 |
[26:29] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官大人 |
[26:31] | Your witness. | 控方询问 |
[26:33] | Nothing but good news here. | 只有好消息 |
[26:35] | Our jurors seem very sympathetic towards Dr. Benanti, Bull. | 我们的陪审团看上去对本纳蒂医生非常同情 布尔 |
[26:39] | They find him straightforward, honest. | 他们发现他很坦率 诚实 |
[26:42] | If he keeps this up, I think we’re home free. | 如果他保持下去 我认为就大功告成了 |
[26:45] | Bull? Can you hear me? | 布尔 你听得到我说的吗 |
[26:47] | Is this working? | 这有用吗 |
[26:49] | I heard you, Marissa. Thanks. | 我听见了 玛丽莎 谢谢你 |
[26:50] | This thorough risk assessment of yours… | 关于你的这份彻底的风险评估 |
[26:53] | did you ask follow-up questions, clarifying questions? | 你询问了后续问题 澄清问题吗 |
[26:55] | The risk assessment took as long as it did | 风险评估花了很长时间 |
[26:58] | because I asked so many clarifying questions. | 因为我问了很多澄清问题 |
[27:00] | Did you specifically ask if Lex had a gun? | 你明确地询问过莱克斯是否有枪吗 |
[27:02] | Yes. He said he did not. | 问过 他说他没有 |
[27:03] | How do you know he wasn’t lying to you? | 你怎么知道他没有对你说谎 |
[27:04] | Well, I’m not a mind reader, | 我不是读心者 |
[27:06] | but I saw no indication that he was. | 但我没看到任何他有枪的迹象 |
[27:08] | Hmm. Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[27:10] | Objection. Your Honor, asked and answered. | 反对 法官大人 自问自答 |
[27:12] | I’ll rephrase. | 我会重新措辞 |
[27:14] | You were seeing ten patients a day. | 你一天要看十个病人 |
[27:16] | Is it possible you were overworked or overtired, | 有没有可能你当时过度工作 过度劳累 |
[27:18] | that you missed something? | 导致错过了某些东西呢 |
[27:19] | Anything is possible, | 任何事都有可能 |
[27:20] | I suppose, but I certainly wasn’t aware | 我想 但我确实没有注意到 |
[27:23] | of being overtired or overworked. | 我当时过度工作 过度劳累 |
[27:25] | Honestly, my focus at that point was on my patient. | 老实说 我当时的注意力都在病人上 |
[27:29] | Not engaging in speculation, | 没有陷入推测 |
[27:31] | keeping his cool, staying on message. | 保持冷静 坚定信念 |
[27:33] | Benny did an incredible job | 本尼在这里做得 |
[27:35] | here, Bull. | 很好 布尔 |
[27:36] | This guy’s unflappable. | 这个家伙很镇定 |
[27:38] | Benanti might have 12 new clients | 本纳蒂可能会有十二个新的客户 |
[27:39] | by the time this is over. | 在这事结束之后 |
[27:42] | Can you really sit there, Dr. Benanti, | 你真的能坐在这里吗 本纳蒂医生 |
[27:45] | now that two good men are dead… | 现在两个好人已经死了 |
[27:48] | their widows without husbands, | 他们的遗孀失去了丈夫 |
[27:50] | their children without fathers… | 他们的孩子失去了父亲 |
[27:52] | can you really sit there | 你真的能心安理得地坐在这里 |
[27:54] | and say you made the right decision? | 说你做出了正确的决定吗 |
[27:57] | There are thousands of young men in America | 美国有数以千计的年轻人 |
[27:59] | with the same psychological profile as Lex Becker. | 有和莱克斯 贝克尔一样的心理侧写 |
[28:03] | Most of them will never commit a crime. | 他们中的大多数绝不会犯罪 |
[28:05] | A frustrating truth is that for all our progress | 令人沮丧的事实是 在我们心理学 |
[28:08] | in psychology and psychiatry, | 和精神病学的研究的进展中 |
[28:10] | the human mind remains very much a mystery. | 人类思想大部分依然是个谜 |
[28:13] | There’s no surefire way to predict | 我们无法断定 |
[28:15] | who can be reached and who can’t, | 谁能被看透而谁不能 |
[28:17] | who will commit violence or who won’t. | 谁会犯下暴力罪行 而谁不会 |
[28:21] | All anyone can do is make the best decision they can | 我们能做的 只是基于我们拥有的信息 |
[28:24] | with the information they have. | 做出最准确的推断 |
[28:26] | The power of logic. | 逻辑的力量 |
[28:27] | You put together the perfect jury for this argument. | 你用论证 造就了一支相当棒的陪审团 |
[28:30] | Bu, it is a sea of green over here. | 喔 已经是一片绿海了 |
[28:34] | We the jury find the defendant, | 我谨代表陪审团宣布 |
[28:36] | Dr. Donovan Benanti, not liable. | 多诺万 本纳蒂医生 无罪 |
[28:41] | Court would like to thank you for your service. | 法院感谢您的帮助 |
[28:43] | You are dismissed. | 您可以离开了 |
[28:44] | Congratulations, Doc. | 恭喜您 医生 |
[29:04] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[29:05] | Dr. Jason Bull. I’d love a word. | 杰森·布尔博士 可以借一步说话吗 |
[29:10] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:11] | The doorman didn’t call and say you were on your way up. | 门卫没有打电话 通知我你来了 |
[29:14] | And, uh, I’m not in the habit of opening my door | 我不想开门 |
[29:16] | for people who are unannounced. | 迎接不速之客 |
[29:18] | Mm. Well, if I go back down | 好吧 如果我返回 |
[29:20] | and have the doorman announce me, will you let me in? | 让门卫通知 你会让我进门吗 |
[29:23] | Step away from my door, Dr. Bull, | 离开这里 布尔博士 |
[29:25] | or I’m calling the police. | 不然我报警了 |
[29:27] | Okay. I just… | 好吧 我只是… |
[29:31] | I’m sure you’ll think this is crazy. | 我知道你会以为我疯了 |
[29:32] | I’m sure you’ll think this is beside the point, | 觉得我说的都是无关紧要的废话 |
[29:35] | but I just need to know. | 但是我只是想知道 |
[29:37] | If you wanted to be together so badly, | 如果你们真的这么想在一起 |
[29:38] | and then went ahead and risked everything | 勇往直前 不畏险阻 |
[29:40] | to make it happen and you love him, | 不择手段 为爱付出 |
[29:42] | why did you take him to court? | 为什么一定要上法院告他呢 |
[29:50] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[29:53] | Who are you talking about? | 你说的他是谁 |
[29:55] | Dr. Benanti? | 本纳蒂医生 |
[29:58] | Be together? Love him? | 在一起 爱他 |
[30:02] | The man I love is dead. | 我爱的人已经死了 |
[30:03] | You just successfully defended | 你刚成功的辩护了 |
[30:05] | the person responsible in court. | 法院上有罪的人 |
[30:08] | Now get away from my door. | 所以请你立刻离开这里 |
[30:13] | Mrs. Harper. | 哈珀女士 |
[30:16] | I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. | 对不起 真的对不起 |
[30:17] | I thought that… | 我以为… |
[30:20] | Doesn’t matter what I thought. I was wrong. | 我怎么以为不重要 我错了 |
[30:23] | I’ve been wrong about everything. | 我把一切都搞错了 |
[30:26] | But I want to fix it. | 但是我想挽回这一切 |
[30:28] | Let me make this right, please. | 让我挽回我的过失 可以吗 |
[30:31] | He fooled me, too. | 他也骗了我 |
[30:33] | But I know some things, things I can’t legally share with you, | 但是我知道一些事情 在法律层面上我不能说 |
[30:36] | but if you will trust me, | 但是如果您相信我 |
[30:40] | if you’ll give me a chance, | 如果您愿意给我一个机会 |
[30:41] | I think that there is a way we can make sure | 我认为我们会有办法保证 |
[30:43] | that he’s punished for what he did… | 让他为所作所为付出代价… |
[30:46] | and a way to get you the truth. | 并为您找回真相 |
[30:54] | Please. | 请相信我 |
[31:11] | Happy Saturday. | 周六加班快乐 |
[31:14] | Does anybody know why we’re here? | 有人知道为什么我们要来这儿吗 |
[31:15] | That seems to be the million-dollar question. | 这是个关键问题 |
[31:18] | Where’s Benny? | 本尼去哪了 |
[31:19] | I told him to stay home. | 我让他待家里了 |
[31:22] | Well, any particular reason? | 有什么特别的原因吗 |
[31:24] | Because he is a member of the New York State Bar Association. | 因为他是纽约州律师协会会员 |
[31:28] | And that matters because…? | 有什么不妥的地方吗 |
[31:29] | Because we’re gonna engage in a little team-building activity. | 因为我们需要进行一些团队建设活动 |
[31:32] | And if all goes well, the outside world will be none the wiser; | 如果顺利进行 外面的世界会变得明亮一点 |
[31:34] | But if it doesn’t, | 但如果不顺利 |
[31:37] | I don’t want Benny to be censured by the bar. | 我不想本尼被律师协会惩罚 |
[31:40] | I did what you asked. | 我按你说的做了 |
[31:42] | I called Dr. Benanti, asked if he’d meet me for dinner. | 我打电话给本纳蒂医生 邀请他与我共进晚餐 |
[31:45] | Said I wanted to try and make it up to him for the lawsuit. | 说我想试试看 补偿他起诉的事 |
[31:48] | You were right. He, uh, he jumped at the chance. | 你是对的 他欣然接受了我的邀请 |
[31:51] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[31:52] | I’ve got my whole team here. They’re all on board. | 我的团队都在这 他们全部待命 |
[31:55] | Question is | 问题是 |
[31:57] | Are you? | 你呢 |
[32:01] | What’s the worst that happens? | 最坏能发生什么 |
[32:04] | I join him? | 和他共赴黄泉 |
[32:07] | That’s your plan? | 这就是你的计划 |
[32:08] | We are gonna send this poor woman | 我们让这位可怜的女士 |
[32:10] | on a dinner date with a killer? | 与凶手共进晚餐 |
[32:11] | Let’s keep our facts straight. | 让我们理清事实 |
[32:13] | Don’s never actually killed anyone, | 多从来没有杀死过谁 |
[32:15] | at least not by his own hand. | 至少没有亲手杀死 |
[32:17] | That’s what makes what he did so evil. | 这也是他可恶的地方 |
[32:20] | I need him to confess, | 我需要他亲口认罪 |
[32:22] | or he is gonna be free to take advantage | 否则他就可以 |
[32:24] | of some poor damaged soul and do it again. | 利用那些可怜并受伤的灵魂 再次犯罪 |
[32:26] | I am not asking about | 我没问你需要什么 |
[32:27] | what you need, I’m asking is this woman gonna be safe. | 我问的是这位女士是否安全 |
[32:31] | Psychologically speaking, | 心理学上来说 |
[32:32] | I have every reason to believe she will be. | 我完全有理由相信她会安全的 |
[32:35] | Don harbors deep romantic delusions about Annabelle. | 多对安娜贝拉抱有重度浪漫幻想 |
[32:39] | He believes they are meant to be together. | 他认为他们注定会在一起 |
[32:42] | And now that her husband is dead, they will be. | 现在她的丈夫死了 他们真的在一起了 |
[32:44] | As long as Annabelle plays into those delusions, | 只要安娜贝拉按照他的幻想表演 |
[32:46] | she should be fine. | 她应该是安全的 |
[32:47] | “Should be” doesn’t inspire confidence. | “应该是”听上去并不自信 |
[32:50] | Well, the former cornerback of the Georgia Bulldogs | 前佐治亚斗牛犬队 橄榄球侧卫队员 |
[32:53] | will be there one table away, | 会在邻桌用餐 |
[32:54] | prepared to take down the good doctor | 如果事态失控 |
[32:56] | if things should get out of hand. | 就随时拿下这位优秀的医生 |
[32:58] | And former FBI field agent | 前联邦调查局外勤特工 |
[33:00] | Danielle James will also be there. | 丹尼尔·詹姆斯也会出席 |
[33:02] | They’re having dinner together. | 他们俩将共进晚餐 |
[33:03] | Didn’t even know you two were a thing. | 都不知道你俩这么厉害啊 |
[33:06] | Well, I got to warn you, I’m not a cheap date. | 警告你啊 老娘可不是吃素的 |
[33:08] | Bull, look, | 布尔 听着 |
[33:09] | seriously, how much jeopardy are we putting this woman in? | 说真的 我们到底让这位女士冒了多大的风险 |
[33:12] | I’ll be in her ear telling her what to say, | 我会用耳麦指示她说什么 |
[33:14] | and you and Cable will be sitting right by my side. | 你和凯博将在我旁边协助 |
[33:16] | And you really think this has a chance of working? | 你真的认为这有可能成功 |
[33:19] | Mm. | 嗯哼 |
[33:20] | The more she flatters him, the more she puffs him up, | 她越恭维他 越会使他膨胀 |
[33:23] | the more likely he is to make a mistake. | 他就越有可能犯错 |
[33:26] | His ego is his weakness. | 他的自大就是他的弱点 |
[33:29] | We need to play on that, get him to confess to Annabelle. | 我们需要利用这点 让他向安娜贝拉坦白 |
[33:33] | If he does… | 如果他上钩了 |
[33:36] | that confession is not protected. | 这段坦白可是不受保护的 |
[33:39] | She is not his lawyer. | 她不是他的律师 |
[33:40] | She is not part of his legal team. | 也不是律师团队的一员 |
[33:42] | That is not what I’m asking. | 我问的不是这个 |
[33:44] | Objects of delusion | 幻觉中的客体 |
[33:45] | are usually only in danger if they challenge the delusion… | 如果他们去挑战幻觉的话 往往会置于险地 |
[33:48] | if she refuses his affection | 例如她拒绝了他的爱慕 |
[33:50] | or humiliates him in some way. | 或者某种程度上羞辱他 |
[33:52] | Well, what if Annabelle can’t handle it and does just that? | 万一安娜贝拉把持不住这么做了呢 |
[33:55] | That’s why I have you and Chunk there. | 这就是为什么我让你和特朗科在哪里 |
[33:57] | You’re not just muscle. | 你有的不仅仅是肌肉 |
[33:59] | Benanti’s never seen you before, | 本纳蒂从未见过你们 |
[34:00] | so you will be my eyes and ears on the ground. | 所以你们会是我临场的耳目 |
[34:02] | Okay, I’m not a lawyer yet, but I know enough to know | 好吧 虽然我不是个律师 但是我还是明白 |
[34:06] | that this plan relies on information obtained | 这个计划所基于的信息 |
[34:10] | in the course of protected conversations | 是出自你和本纳蒂医生 |
[34:12] | between you and Dr. Benanti. | 受保护的对话中 |
[34:15] | I mean, conversations that are covered | 律师与当事人保密特权 |
[34:17] | under attorney-client privilege. | 范围内的对话 |
[34:19] | Yeah? So? | 所以呢 |
[34:20] | So… is this legal? | 所以…这合法吗 |
[34:24] | Legal? Oh. | 合法 呃 |
[34:26] | Here’s the thing. It’s not criminal. | 事实是 这不违法 |
[34:30] | And you won’t go to jail. | 你不会因此入狱的 |
[34:32] | And I will pay any fines or judgments. | 我会支付所有罚金或者审判 |
[34:35] | Now, ask me | 所以请问我 |
[34:37] | if it’s the right thing to do. | 这么做对不对 |
[34:40] | I don’t have to. | 我不需要问 |
[34:42] | I know it is. | 我知道这是对的 |
[34:43] | Anyone want to opt out? | 有人打算退出吗 |
[34:48] | Then turn off your cell phones, ladies and gentlemen. | 那么关上手机 女士们先生们 |
[34:50] | Our feature attraction is about to begin. | 我们的特别好戏就要上演了 |
[35:00] | Still no sign of her. | 还是没有看到她 |
[35:02] | Relax, everybody. | 放轻松 各位 |
[35:04] | The driver’s just pulling up to the restaurant. | 司机才把车停到餐厅门口 |
[35:16] | You’ve got the recorder? | 你带录音机了吗 |
[35:19] | I do. | 带了 |
[35:20] | I do, and it’s on. | 带了 并且正在录音 |
[35:22] | And you still feel up to this? | 你仍然感觉有把握吗 |
[35:24] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我有 |
[35:26] | Just remember, I’ve got people there. | 记住 我安排了人在你旁边 |
[35:27] | You don’t need to know who they are. | 你不需要知道他们是谁 |
[35:30] | You just need to know that they are close by. | 你只需要知道他们就在旁边 |
[35:32] | And I am watching. | 我也会看着你 |
[35:34] | So if anything goes awry, | 如果出什么岔子的话 |
[35:36] | don’t worry, you’re protected. | 不用担心 你会被保护的 |
[35:38] | Do as I say, and say as I say. | 按我说的做 按我说的说 |
[35:40] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[35:42] | I do. I-I’m here, aren’t I? | 我相信你 我都来了 不是吗 |
[35:55] | Here she comes. | 她来了 |
[36:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:07] | Bull, you’d be proud of her. | 布尔 你会为她骄傲的 |
[36:09] | She’s putting on quite a show. | 她完全入戏了 |
[36:12] | My God, look at you. | 天哪 看看你 |
[36:14] | You’re glowing. | 真是光彩照人 |
[36:15] | Wow. He really is crazy, isn’t he? | 他真是神魂颠倒了 不是么 |
[36:18] | Dr. Benanti, I’m… | 本纳蒂医生 我… |
[36:19] | I’m in mourning. | 我仿佛置身清晨 |
[36:21] | Well, whatever you’re in, it becomes you. | 无论你置身何时 你都是你 |
[36:25] | I know it’s hard, | 我知道这很难 |
[36:27] | but smile, seem flattered. | 但是微笑 做出荣幸的表情 |
[36:30] | Call him “Don” | 叫他 “多” |
[36:31] | not “Doctor,” and lean in when he talks. | 而不是 “医生” 说话时身体向他倾斜 |
[36:33] | He’s an expert at picking up nonverbal cues. | 他是非语言动作线索的专家 |
[36:36] | Wow. She’s sitting on the edge of her seat. | 她坐在座位的边缘 |
[36:38] | Her eyes are glued to his. | 眼神如胶似漆 |
[36:39] | I think I’m jealous. | 我有点嫉妒了 |
[36:41] | Loosen him up. Apologize for the trial. | 让他放下戒备 为审判的事情道歉 |
[36:44] | I just, I just have to say again how sorry I am | 我需要再次 |
[36:47] | about everything that’s happened. | 为发生的一切道歉 |
[36:49] | You know, if it were up to me, I never would have sued, | 你知道吗 如果我说了算 我肯定不会起诉你 |
[36:52] | but Sherryl Milton, she… | 但是雪莉·弥尔顿 她… |
[36:55] | she insisted. | 她坚持这么做 |
[36:56] | Don’t you think I sensed that? | 你难道以为我没发现吗 |
[36:58] | Now, I know this isn’t something | 我知道这不是你想做的 |
[36:59] | you want to do, but we need to build up | 但是现在我们需要 |
[37:01] | his confidence and get him to let down his defenses. | 建立起他的自信 让他放下戒备 |
[37:04] | Do you think you could reach across the table | 你可以把手伸到桌对面 |
[37:06] | and touch his hand? | 握住他的手吗 |
[37:13] | Danny, Chunk, | 丹尼 特朗科 |
[37:15] | from where you are, can you tell if she’s touching his hand? | 从你们的角度看 她有握住他的手吗 |
[37:17] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[37:19] | Oh, wait a second. | 等等 |
[37:21] | The answer to your question is yes. | 你的问题回答是肯定的 |
[37:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:32] | To you. | 敬你 |
[37:34] | To destiny. | 敬命运 |
[37:36] | Now, Annabelle, I need you to repeat | 现在 安娜贝拉 |
[37:39] | what I’m about to say as if it’s yours. | 我需要你发自内心的 重复我说的话 |
[37:41] | Okay? Here we go. | 可以吗 开始了 |
[37:44] | I know this isn’t a session… | 我知道现在不是心理治疗谈话… |
[37:45] | I know this isn’t a session, | 我知道现在不是心理治疗谈话 |
[37:47] | and I know we’re not here to talk about | 我也知道我们不是来这 |
[37:49] | me and my problems, but… | 讨论我和我的问题的 但是… |
[37:53] | can I tell you a deep, dark secret? | 我能告诉你一个深埋心底的阴暗秘密吗 |
[37:55] | You can tell me anything. | 你什么都可以对我说 |
[37:59] | I know I’m supposed to be sad, | 我知道我应该感到伤心 |
[38:02] | and I know I’m… | 我也知道… |
[38:05] | I’m supposed to be grieving… | 我应该悲痛… |
[38:08] | …but deep down, what I’ve, what I’ve really felt | …但是实际上 我心底真实的感觉 |
[38:11] | since that man shot Brady is… | 自从那个男的枪杀布雷迪 |
[38:16] | relief. | 我感到的是解脱 |
[38:19] | Does that make me a bad person? | 这是否意味着我是一个坏人 |
[38:22] | No. | 不 |
[38:24] | It makes you someone who put up with a partner | 这意味着你对伴侣的容忍 |
[38:26] | who made the business of living difficult. | 他使生活变得艰难 |
[38:31] | He was a big, suffocating personality. | 他是一个巨大 令人窒息的存在 |
[38:34] | Of course it feels better now. | 所以你现在当然感觉好多了 |
[38:36] | Would you think I was a horrible person if I told you I… | 你是否会认为我是一个糟糕的人 如果我告诉你 |
[38:39] | Sometimes I fantasize… | 有时候我幻想着… |
[38:41] | about thanking that fellow Lex… | 感谢那个叫莱克斯的家伙 |
[38:46] | …the one who shot my husband… | …杀了我丈夫的人 |
[38:49] | Uh, we are at DEFCON 4, guys. | 我们到戒备等级四了 各位 |
[38:51] | If something’s gonna happen, it’s gonna happen now. | 如果会发生什么 就在此刻了 |
[38:55] | For what he did. | 感谢他的所作所为 |
[38:56] | …for what he did, | …感谢他的所作所为 |
[38:57] | for… giving me my life back. | 感谢…他挽救我的生活 |
[39:03] | For setting me free. | 感谢他让我解脱 |
[39:13] | Is everything all right, Don? | 你还好吗 多 |
[39:16] | Did I, did I say something to upset you? | 我说什么让你不开心的话了吗 |
[39:18] | I-I mean… | 我的意思是… |
[39:20] | I just… I just think it’s so amazing. | 我只是…觉得这一切很棒 |
[39:23] | If Lex hadn’t done what he did… | 如果莱克斯没有这么做… |
[39:27] | we wouldn’t be here tonight. | 我们今晚就不会在这里了 |
[39:38] | It wasn’t Lex. | 不是莱克斯干的 |
[39:41] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[39:44] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[39:47] | Thank me. | 感谢我吧 |
[39:51] | It was me. | 是我 |
[39:52] | I mean, I didn’t pull the trigger, | 我的意思是 我没有扣下扳机 |
[39:55] | but… I knew I could get Lex to. | 但是…我知道我可以让莱克斯这么做 |
[40:01] | I gave him my gun… | 我把我的枪给了他… |
[40:04] | told him what to do. | 告诉他怎么做 |
[40:09] | I did this for you. | 我做这一切是为了你 |
[40:13] | I did it for us. | 为了我们 |
[40:21] | Marissa… something’s going on. | 玛丽莎…有些不对劲 |
[40:25] | I think Annabelle might lose it. | 我感觉安娜贝拉快要失控了 |
[40:28] | You-you need to talk Annabelle down. | 你需要让她平静下来 |
[40:31] | Annabelle, I need you to breathe. | 安娜贝拉 我需要你深呼吸 |
[40:33] | I need you to stay calm. | 保持冷静 |
[40:35] | Excuse yourself if you have to. | 如果实在不行 借口离开 |
[40:36] | Annabelle, I don’t understand. | 安娜贝拉 我不明白 |
[40:37] | Why are you crying? | 你为什么哭了 |
[40:39] | No, don’t order till I get back! | 我回来前别点菜哦 |
[40:43] | Oh, my goodness, I’m so sorry, I’m sorry. | 我的天呐 对不起 对不起 |
[40:45] | – What have you done? – ?Oh, my gosh. | – 你做了什么 – 我的天 |
[40:46] | – Let’s get you cleaned up. – Oh, honey, I know. | – 让我给你清洗一下 – 亲爱的 我知道了 |
[40:48] | – I’m sorry. – Belinda, look what you’ve done. | – 对不起 – 比琳达 看看你做了什么 |
[40:50] | – Wait. – ?I’m so sorry. | – 等等 – 实在是很抱歉 |
[40:52] | This is terrible. You have to let me pay for your dinner. | 太糟糕了 请一定让我为你买单 |
[40:54] | No, that’s not necessary. If I, if I could just… | 不 没有必要 我只是想… |
[40:56] | But I insist. | 但是我坚持这么做 |
[40:57] | How much Bob De Niro you think we’re looking at here? | 这瓶鲍勃·德尼罗你认为有多少钱 |
[41:00] | – Huh? Oh. – ?I have no idea. | – 嗯 – 我也不知道 |
[41:02] | I’d say it’s pretty significant. | 我认为这事关重大 |
[41:03] | Looks like we’ve done quite a bit of damage. | 看上去我们造成了不少破坏 |
[41:07] | Yeah, we think you did, too. | 是啊 我们也这么认为 |
[41:24] | Forgive me, Don. | 原谅我 多 |
[41:26] | I know it looks like I came empty-handed, | 我知道看上去空手而来 |
[41:27] | but I actually brought a lovely ’89 Haut-Brion. | 但我实际上带来一瓶上好的89年奥比安 |
[41:31] | Would have paired brilliantly with those chips | 与那些售货机里的薯片 |
[41:33] | out from the vending machine, but alas, | 真是天生一对 但是可惜了 |
[41:35] | the guards did not share my enthusiasm. | 守卫不能理解我的一腔热情 |
[41:38] | – What are you doing here? – I don’t know. | – 你来做什么 – 我不知道 |
[41:41] | I guess I’m just that kind of guy. | 我猜我就是那种人吧 |
[41:43] | The kind of guy that goes out on a limb for a friend. | 那种为了朋友赴汤蹈火的人 |
[41:46] | The kind of guy that shows up | 那种当同事打电话求助 |
[41:47] | when a colleague calls and asks for help. | 必将及时现身的人 |
[41:49] | The kind of guy that visits you in jail | 那种会来监狱里探视你的人 |
[41:51] | when you’ve been denied bail. | 即使你多次被拒保释 |
[41:54] | But I guess it could be worse. | 但我相信会更糟的 |
[41:56] | Lots of natural light. | 自然光线不错 |
[41:57] | And you look pretty good in khaki. | 你穿卡其色还挺好看的 |
[41:59] | Go ahead, take your victory lap. | 来吧 绕场一周庆祝胜利 |
[42:02] | But I’m not an idiot. | 但我不是傻子 |
[42:04] | I know you’re the reason I’m in here, and I’ll prove it. | 我知道是你让我入狱的 我会证明的 |
[42:07] | And when I do… ? | 等我证明了… |
[42:09] | I’m sorry, prove what, exactly? | 不好意思 证明什么 |
[42:12] | That I suggested Annabelle ask you out | 证明我建议安娜贝拉约你出来 |
[42:14] | and record the conversation? | 录下你们的对话 |
[42:15] | Even if you could prove that… and it will be awfully hard | 即使你可以证明这一点… 何况监狱里 |
[42:18] | to do that from prison… | 做到这点难于登天… |
[42:20] | and it still wouldn’t change the fact | 也改变不了 |
[42:22] | that you confessed on tape | 你在录音带中 |
[42:24] | to orchestrating murder. | 坦白策划谋杀的实施 |
[42:25] | And it still wouldn’t change the fact | 同时也改变不了 |
[42:27] | that the police found the lockbox in your office | 警察在你的办公室找到了锁盒 |
[42:29] | and matched your fingerprint to the partial print | 比对了你的指纹 |
[42:31] | they found on the gun | 和犯罪现场的枪 |
[42:33] | from the crime scene. | 上面的部分指纹 |
[42:34] | No, all it would do is | 不 我会做的只是 |
[42:36] | give you the opportunity to sue me. | 给你起诉我的机会 |
[42:38] | Again, from prison. And you’d lose. | 重申一下 从监狱里 并且你会败诉 |
[42:41] | And even if you didn’t, | 即使你没败诉 |
[42:43] | I don’t think my professional reputation | 我也不认为要是我被发现 |
[42:45] | would take too big a hit if I was found liable | 为一个十足的疯子保密时 |
[42:47] | for protecting the world from a complete psychopath. | 我的专业声望会大受打击 |
[42:54] | Well, I should get back to the office. | 我该回办公室了 |
[43:04] | There. | 给你 |
[43:08] | Don’t want you to think the visit was a total loss. | 免得让你觉得我的到访让你一无所得 |