时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Hey, hey, hey, flag on the play! | 你犯规了 |
[00:21] | So you tell me that you’re broke | 你说你没钱了 |
[00:22] | and I front you some product, | 我就给了你点货 |
[00:23] | but now you got money to buy from him? | 但你现在却有钱买他的货吗 |
[00:25] | You owe me money. | 你欠我钱 |
[00:27] | You owe Leon money. | 你也欠里昂钱 |
[00:30] | And who the hell are you? | 你它妈又是谁 |
[00:32] | Does Leon know you’re selling bags in his territory? | 里昂知道你在他地盘卖货吗 |
[00:34] | This is Leon’s territory. | 这里是里昂的地盘 |
[00:36] | We all work for Leon. | 我们都是里昂的下家 |
[00:37] | You can’t just blow in here and start hustling | 里昂不点头的话 |
[00:38] | without getting the nod from Leon. | 你不能随便在这开张 |
[00:41] | Now, get your money back and give it to me. | 好了 把你的钱拿回来给我 |
[00:45] | Give the man back his drugs. | 把货还给这个人 |
[00:47] | Get your money and give it to me. | 拿回你的钱给我 |
[00:49] | Put your hands above your head, man. | 双手放在脑后 伙计 |
[00:52] | Come on. | 快点 |
[00:54] | How old are you? | 你今年多大啊 |
[01:05] | It’s empty. | 没子弹啊 |
[01:11] | So look, little man. | 听着 小屁孩 |
[01:14] | You… need to walk out of here | 你… 是时候滚蛋了 |
[01:17] | and never come back. | 再也别回来 |
[01:20] | This is my territory now. | 现在这是我的地盘了 |
[01:22] | Takin’ what you got… | # 带上你的细软 # |
[01:25] | Run and hide | # 逃走躲起来 # |
[01:26] | We comin’ down the block takin’ what you got | # 我们来夺走你的一切 # |
[01:28] | You better run | # 你最好快跑 # |
[01:30] | Run and hide | # 逃跑躲起来 # |
[01:31] | We comin’ down the block, takin’ what you got | # 我们来夺走你的一切 # |
[01:33] | The end of June, we are almost halfway through the year, | 到了六月底 我们眼看着来到了年中 |
[01:35] | and it’s 87 degrees in the city that never sleeps. | 这座不夜城现在三十摄氏度 |
[01:38] | According to his ID | 他的身份证显示 |
[01:39] | he’s Marcus Lott. 26 years old. | 他名叫马可斯·洛特 二十六岁 |
[01:41] | Bunch of priors for possession and distribution. | 有过多次持有和销售毒品的前科 |
[01:44] | As you can see, somebody emptied | 如你所见 有人在洛特先生身上 |
[01:45] | a whole lot of ammo into Mr. Lott, | 打空了一整管子弹 |
[01:47] | who, by the way, had a lot of cash | 而洛特先生身上有大量现金 |
[01:49] | and illegal drugs in his possession. | 以及毒品 |
[01:52] | And who is she? | 她又是谁 |
[01:53] | Name is Karla Angel. 24. | 她名叫卡拉·安吉 二十四岁 |
[01:56] | Cause of death appears to be a single gunshot wound | 死因似乎单纯是 |
[01:59] | to the abdomen. | 腹部中了一枪 |
[02:04] | Must have been expecting a boy. | 一定是怀了个男孩 |
[02:07] | Neighbors say she worked at the 24-hour gym up the street. | 邻居们说她在一家二十四小时健身房工作 |
[02:09] | Came down here a couple times a night to wash towels | 健身房的洗衣机满了 她就来这洗毛巾 |
[02:11] | whenever the machines were full at the gym. | 每晚能来几次 |
[02:14] | And these drug dealers | 这些毒贩啊 |
[02:16] | good news is they’re killing each other. | 互相残杀倒是挺好 |
[02:18] | Bad news… not fast enough. | 但坏就坏在他们死得不够快 |
[02:22] | It’s funny you should say that. | 巧了 |
[02:23] | Customer from last night said that Mr. Lott was | 昨晚有个顾客说洛特先生曾和 |
[02:25] | with a kid from the neighborhood. | 附近一个小孩在一起 |
[02:26] | His name’s, uh…Eddie Mitchell. | 那小孩名叫… 艾迪·米吉 |
[02:29] | Doesn’t have any priors, but everyone around here | 他没前科 但这附近的人都知道 |
[02:32] | knew he sold nickel bags and apparently carried a gun. | 他贩卖毒品而且明显带着一把枪 |
[02:46] | Hey, I remember you. | 哟 是你呀 |
[02:47] | Hi, Dad. | 嗨 爸 |
[02:48] | Hey, I’ve been leaving messages for you all over the place. | 我一直在到处给你留言 |
[02:50] | I know. And I’m sorry, | 我知道 我很抱歉 |
[02:53] | I just… I got a lot going on. | 我只是… 事情很多 |
[02:55] | Well, yeah. I mean, big journalism scholarship, | 是啊 又是大额新闻奖学金 |
[02:58] | going to Jordan for a semester. | 又是去约旦一学期 |
[03:00] | Crazy-proud father to deal with. | 还要对付一个超为你骄傲的父亲 |
[03:02] | You want to have dinner? | 想一起吃晚饭吗 |
[03:04] | Sure. Absolutely. | 当然 非常愿意 |
[03:07] | Thing is, uh, I’m about to start this case, | 但我有个案子马上要开了 |
[03:10] | and I don’t know which night. | 所以我也不知道哪天有空 |
[03:12] | Okay if I get back to you? | 等我消息好吗 |
[03:13] | Sure, Dad. I just… | 当然可以 爸 我只是… |
[03:16] | I want to do it soon. | 想尽早和你一起吃饭 |
[03:18] | I do too. | 我也是 |
[03:19] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[03:25] | Mr. Palmer? | 是帕默先生吗 |
[03:29] | Eddie Mitchell? | 你是艾迪·米吉吗 |
[03:36] | Convicted in 2002 | 2002年因为 |
[03:38] | of the triple murder of Marcus Lott, | 谋杀马可斯·洛特 |
[03:40] | Karla Angel, and the unborn child of Karla Angel. | 卡拉·安吉及她未出世的孩子三人被判刑 |
[03:43] | You’re the lawyer from the clinic? | 你是法律援助诊所的律师吗 |
[03:45] | You’re here ’cause of the letter? | 你是因为那封信才来的吗 |
[03:47] | Well, yeah. We got it. | 是啊 我们收到这封信了 |
[03:50] | But… full disclosure… | 但是 不瞒你说 |
[03:52] | I’m not a real lawyer. | 我不是真正的律师 |
[03:55] | I’m a law student. | 我是学法律的学生 |
[03:57] | I’m working with the Hudson University Legal Aid clinic | 作为学习的一部分 |
[03:59] | as part of my studies. | 我在哈德逊大学法律援助诊所工作 |
[04:00] | My professor… Dr. Upton… he’s a real lawyer. | 我的教授埃顿博士 他是真正的律师 |
[04:03] | And, from time to time, he chooses to take on a case like yours, | 他时不时会选接你这样的案子 |
[04:08] | and then students like me get to… | 然后像我这样的学生就会 |
[04:11] | assist him, go to court with him | 协助他 和他一起出庭 |
[04:12] | and participate in the trial. | 参与庭审 |
[04:14] | That is, if we can win you the right to a new trial, | 前提是我们能为你争取到重审的权利 |
[04:18] | which… I think we can. | 我想…我们能做到 |
[04:23] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[04:29] | You know, I’ve written so many letters. | 其实我写过很多信 |
[04:32] | To the warden, to the D.A., to that public defender | 写给监狱长 写给地方检察官 写给公设辩护人 |
[04:36] | who just sat there and let me get convicted in the first place. | 当初他们就那样坐视我被判刑 |
[04:40] | You said you think a witness lied during the trial? | 你说你认为庭审过程中有个目击证人撒谎了是吗 |
[04:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[04:45] | Now…that was 17 years ago. You’re just realizing that now? | 那都是十七年前的事了 你现在才发现吗 |
[04:48] | Well, there… there was this lady. She was a prostitute. | 当时有位女士 她那时是妓女 |
[04:52] | And she’d be out on the street all hours of the night. | 那时她整夜都在站街 |
[04:55] | Said she was looking through the window | 她说她透过干洗店的窗户 |
[04:57] | of the laundromat and saw me shoot those people. | 看到我枪杀了那些人 |
[05:00] | But I didn’t shoot anybody. | 但我当初根本没做这种事 |
[05:02] | So she had to be lying, right? | 所以她就是在说谎 是吧 |
[05:07] | Yeah, uh, okay. | 是啊 好吧 |
[05:09] | But again, how is this different | 但我还是想问 今时今日 |
[05:11] | than 17 years ago? | 怎么就和十七年前不同了呢 |
[05:12] | Well, about three months ago, I was out in the yard here, | 大约三个月前 我在这里的院子里放风 |
[05:15] | and I’m talking to this guy, Terrence. | 我当时和一个叫特伦斯的家伙聊天 |
[05:17] | And we’re talking about our cases, | 我们聊到了各自的案子 |
[05:19] | and Terrence tells me there’s a prostitute | 他说有个妓女 |
[05:21] | testified against him. | 也指证了他 |
[05:23] | Said she saw him knife a dude. | 那妓女说她看到他拿刀捅了个人 |
[05:26] | But she couldn’t have, because he didn’t do it. | 但这不可能 因为特伦斯没做那种事 |
[05:29] | And… and I asked him what her name was, | 然后我问他那妓女的名字 |
[05:31] | and he said Heather Bent. | 他说是黑塞·本特 |
[05:34] | Same name as my prostitute. | 这和指证我的妓女同名 |
[05:39] | Okay. Well, look, I can understand | 好吧 听着 我能理解 |
[05:41] | how that kind of coincidence would make you suspicious, | 那种巧合会让你疑窦丛生 |
[05:44] | but… that’s not proof that she was lying. | 但… 这无法证明她当时在说谎 |
[05:48] | Yeah, well… | 是啊 但… |
[05:50] | what if I told you it was the exact same cop? | 如果我说这两起案件是同一名警察经手的呢 |
[05:53] | The exact same cop, | 同一名警察 |
[05:55] | and the exact same witness. | 同一名目击证人 |
[05:57] | Two different murders. You tell me… | 两宗不同的谋杀案 让你说 |
[06:00] | what are the chances? | 这几率有多大 |
[06:03] | I’m telling you, the walls shake. | 我跟你说 四面墙都在晃 |
[06:06] | I don’t want to have this conversation, Bull. | 我不想和你聊这些 布尔 |
[06:09] | It’s my sister we’re talking about. | 那是我姐啊 |
[06:12] | It’s like a freight train, Benny. | 那声音像货运列车 本尼 |
[06:14] | Night falls, we slip into bed, | 夜幕降临时 我们钻进了被窝 |
[06:16] | she sleeps and I hold on for dear life. | 她睡着了 我却一直睁着眼睛 |
[06:18] | I looked it up. Pregnant women snore. | 我查过了 孕妇是会打鼾 |
[06:21] | That’s just what they do. | 她们就那样 |
[06:21] | But I need to sleep. | 但我总得睡觉啊 |
[06:23] | Don’t look at me. I don’t know what to tell you. | 别看我 我不知道该怎么办 |
[06:26] | Dr. Bull. Any way I could get, | 布尔博士 我能否 |
[06:27] | uh, five minutes? | 占用你五分钟 |
[06:30] | Hmm, I’m jealous. Sounds fascinating. | 我真羡慕你 听起来很不错 |
[06:32] | I can’t lie. | 实话实说 |
[06:34] | So far, it has been pretty damn thrilling. | 到目前为止 一切都很顺 |
[06:36] | I mean, we won our motion. | 我是说 我们的议案赢了 |
[06:38] | We won our client the right to a new trial. | 我们为客户争取到了重审的机会 |
[06:41] | Anyway, my professor | 还有 我的教授 |
[06:42] | asked me to second chair for him. | 让我当他的列座律师 |
[06:45] | And I’m thinking it’s a commitment | 我想这项任务 |
[06:46] | of two, three weeks. | 得花两三周时间 |
[06:48] | Of course, you know these things. | 当然 你知道这种情况 |
[06:50] | Could be over in a day. | 可能在一天之内就能结束 |
[06:52] | Anyway, I’d really like to do it. | 不管怎样 我很愿意这么做 |
[06:57] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[06:58] | Bull said you got a live one. | 布尔说你赢了个案子 |
[07:00] | – He told you about it, huh? – Ha, ha, he sure did. | – 他跟你说了是吧 – 哈哈 就是他 |
[07:03] | How’d you get the judge to order a new trial? | 你是怎么说服法官重新开庭的呢 |
[07:05] | Actually, the client did all the heavy lifting. | 实际上 客户自己提供了最重要的部分 |
[07:09] | He realized that he and another inmate | 他发现自己跟另外一位犯人 |
[07:11] | were convicted based on eyewitness testimony | 都是根据同一位目击证人的证词 |
[07:13] | from the same witness. | 被定罪的 |
[07:14] | And then, once I did a little digging, | 只要我稍作调查 |
[07:16] | the same woman testified | 就会发现这位女士 |
[07:18] | in five different murder trials. | 在五起谋杀案件庭审中出庭作证 |
[07:21] | Oops. Pretty damn convenient. | 那可真是简单了 |
[07:24] | You gonna get her to recant? | 你说服她放弃了吗 |
[07:25] | I would if I could, but she died a while back. | 如果可以我就这么做了 但她不久前身亡了 |
[07:28] | The good news is is that the judge agreed | 好消息是 法官也认为 |
[07:30] | that it was highly probable that the witness perjured herself. | 证人做伪证的可能性极高 |
[07:34] | Especially once we realized that she testified | 特别是一旦我们意识到她为 |
[07:36] | in five different cases for the same detective. | 同一名警探作了五次证 |
[07:40] | That’s some pretty flagrant misconduct. | 这真是骇人听闻的失职啊 |
[07:43] | How’d the D.A.’s office miss this? | 检察官办公室怎么会在这种事情上出错 |
[07:47] | Cases span seven years. Different A.D.A.s | 这些案子跨度长达七年 每起案件 |
[07:49] | in each case. | 都由不同检察官负责 |
[07:51] | I’m sure they’re gonna say that it’s plausible | 我敢肯定他们会说 他们完全有理由 |
[07:53] | that they had no idea this one witness | 不清楚这是同一位目击证人 |
[07:55] | was making the rounds. | 在到处作证 |
[07:56] | I hear you. | 懂了 |
[07:58] | Well, it’s not like my client’s case | 毕竟这个案子 |
[07:59] | got a lot of attention. | 算不上有多大的关注度 |
[08:01] | Drug dealer guns down another dealer | 毕竟只是一名毒贩在布朗克斯的一家自助洗衣店 |
[08:03] | in a Bronx laundromat? | 击毙了另一名毒贩 |
[08:04] | Wait a second, what’s your client’s name? | 等一下 你客户叫什么 |
[08:06] | Eddie Mitchell. | 艾迪·米吉 |
[08:08] | Seriously? Eddie Mitchell? | 认真的吗 艾迪·米吉 |
[08:12] | You have been snookered, my friend. | 你被骗了 朋友 |
[08:14] | Eddie Mitchell’s as guilty as they come. | 艾迪·米吉跟他们一样罪有应得 |
[08:16] | Killed three people, one of them not even born yet. | 他杀了三个人 其中一个还是尚在肚里的孩子 |
[08:19] | That guy deserves to be in prison. | 那家伙活该坐牢 |
[08:21] | You know this case? | 你清楚这个案子吗 |
[08:23] | Yeah, I know this case. It’s my case. | 当然 那是我的案子 |
[08:25] | No. | 不 |
[08:27] | No, it says right here that | 这里写了 |
[08:29] | Bradley Freeman was the prosecutor | 布莱德利·弗里曼才是他 |
[08:30] | in Eddie’s first trial. | 第一起案件的检察官 |
[08:33] | I was second chair. | 我是副手 |
[08:34] | My name might not be on that file, but I was there. | 我的名字很可能不会出现在文件中 但我确实在场 |
[08:37] | It was my first murder trial. | 这是我经手的第一起谋杀案 |
[08:39] | See, here’s what you’re not getting, Chunk. | 你看 这你就不懂了 特朗科 |
[08:40] | It wasn’t just the eyewitness testimony | 把艾迪送进监狱的 |
[08:42] | that put Eddie away. | 不只是目击证人的作证 |
[08:43] | There’s lots of evidence against him. | 还有很多证据对他不利 |
[08:45] | Fiber from Eddie’s clothing | 艾迪衣服上的纤维 |
[08:48] | underneath one of the victim’s fingernails. | 出现在受害者的指甲缝中 |
[08:49] | A fight with one of the victims earlier that evening, | 那晚早些时候他与其中一个受害者打架 |
[08:52] | witnessed by a whole different group of people. | 被许多不同的人目击 |
[08:53] | That young punk moved a lot of product | 那朋克年轻人通过他邻居 |
[08:55] | through his neighborhood. | 转移了很多东西 |
[08:56] | Well, be that as it may, | 话虽如此 |
[08:57] | without the eyewitness testimony, | 没有目击证人证词 |
[08:59] | I think the case against Eddie is purely circumstantial, | 我认为艾迪的案件纯粹只是推论解决的 |
[09:01] | and I think we can win. | 而且我觉得我能胜诉 |
[09:03] | And more importantly, I believe Eddie’s innocent. | 更重要的是 我相信艾迪是无辜的 |
[09:07] | Well, it’s good to believe in things. | 好吧 相信是件好事 |
[09:12] | Five cases. | 五起案件 |
[09:14] | Same witness, same detective. | 同样的目击者 同样的警探 |
[09:16] | Heard you the first time. | 一开始就听到啦 |
[09:20] | Still in the grass | # 静静潜伏在草中 # |
[09:23] | All coiled up and hissing… | # 盘绕 嘶嘶… # |
[09:25] | My God. Benjamin Colón. | 我的天 本杰明·科隆 |
[09:28] | I don’t think you’ve aged a day. | 你还是这么年轻 |
[09:30] | Valerie. | 瓦蕾利 |
[09:32] | Been a long time. Ah. | 好久不见 |
[09:35] | Fancy suit, fancy haircut. | 西装革履 发型时髦 |
[09:36] | You’ve come up in the world, Benny. | 你算是出人头地了 本尼 |
[09:39] | Please. | 请坐 |
[09:40] | So, what brings you out to a cop bar | 那么 是什么让你凌晨两点 |
[09:43] | at 2:00 in the morning? | 来到了条子酒吧呢 |
[09:47] | couldn’t sleep. | 失眠 |
[09:49] | I had a question, need an answer. | 我有问题 找不到答案 |
[09:51] | Eddie Mitchell? | 艾迪·米吉的事吗 |
[09:52] | The D.A.’s rattling your cage too? | 检察官也找你麻烦吗 |
[09:54] | How ’bout we worry about the crimes from this decade? | 我们关心关心本世纪的案件如何 |
[09:57] | A… Actually, I heard about it a different way, but, uh, | 实际上 我听说了些不同的说法 |
[10:01] | I just… | 只是… |
[10:03] | I just need to ask you. | 只是我得问你 |
[10:05] | I need you to tell me. | 我要你亲口告诉我 |
[10:08] | That was a righteous conviction, | 那起案件的定罪 |
[10:09] | wasn’t it, Valerie? | 是公正的吧 瓦蕾利 |
[10:12] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:13] | Of course it was. Absolutely. | 当然了 绝对是 |
[10:16] | And… and tell me about this woman. | 那跟我说说那位女士 |
[10:18] | This sex worker. | 那位性工作者 |
[10:20] | She testified for you, what… | 她为你出庭作证 怎么… |
[10:22] | five times in five different cases? | 在五起不同的案件中五次作证吗 |
[10:25] | She was a source, Benny. | 她是线人 本尼 |
[10:27] | She was a streetwalker. | 她是站街女 |
[10:29] | You walk the streets, you see things. | 只要站在街上就会目击一些事情 |
[10:31] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[10:33] | But you wouldn’t… | 但你不会… |
[10:37] | you wouldn’t encourage her to lie, | 你不会鼓励她撒谎的 |
[10:38] | would you? | 对吧 |
[10:40] | Help to make the case go down easy? | 为了让案件更容易赢 |
[10:43] | What are you doing? | 怎么了 |
[10:45] | Are you wearing a wire for the D.A. now? | 现在你成检察官的耳目了吗 |
[10:47] | – What? – Do you not remember? | – 怎么啦 – 你不记得了吗 |
[10:49] | This 16-year-old kid | 那个十六岁小孩 |
[10:52] | was selling drugs and carrying a gun. | 贩毒 身上带枪 |
[10:54] | It was always pretty open-and-shut. | 就是这么一目了然 |
[10:57] | A-Are you worried that someone’s gonna drag you into this? | 你担心有人把你拉下水吗 |
[11:00] | You were second chair. | 但当时你是副手 |
[11:02] | You were invisible, my friend. | 你是透明人 朋友 |
[11:04] | No one even knows you were there. | 甚至没有人知道你在场 |
[11:06] | Don’t worry. | 不用担心 |
[11:07] | I’ll take the heat for this, which I am fine with. | 我来承担这种压力 而这对我来说没什么 |
[11:10] | ‘Cause I know that conviction is just, | 因为我知道那次定罪是公正的 |
[11:13] | no matter how I got it, | 不管我怎么办到的吧 |
[11:14] | ’cause I know what that little punk did. | 因为我知道那朋克小年轻做过什么 |
[11:18] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[11:20] | Now it you sounds like you’re contradicting yourself. | 听起来你是在自相矛盾 |
[11:22] | I am not contradicting anything. | 我没有矛盾 |
[11:25] | I’m telling you I know what that little bastard did. | 我在跟你说 我知道那小混蛋做了什么 |
[11:28] | But how? | 你怎么知道的呢 |
[11:30] | ‘Cause your source told you or you told your source? | 是你的线人告诉你的 还是反过来 |
[11:34] | ‘Cause it’s the only thing… | # 只因这是唯一… # |
[11:35] | Here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[11:37] | My source is dead. | 我线人已经死了 |
[11:40] | So, no matter what | 所以不管 |
[11:41] | this little crybaby says in court, | 这小哭包在庭上说什么 |
[11:44] | it is what I say it is. | 都是我说了算 |
[11:48] | Oh, Valerie. | 瓦蕾利啊 |
[12:05] | Sorry. Haven’t had my coffee yet. | 抱歉 还没喝上咖啡 |
[12:08] | So, tell me what’s going on. | 那么告诉我 发生了什么 |
[12:10] | You ever notice that there are babies everywhere? | 你有没有发现 现在到处都是婴儿 |
[12:13] | Kids, kids, kids, kids. | 到处都是小朋友 |
[12:15] | My boss is having one. | 我上司家也有一个 |
[12:18] | And another… fellow I work with… | 还有另一位… 同事家里… |
[12:22] | he’s got an older one. | 他家里那位大些 |
[12:24] | Well, you know, it’s, uh… | 你知道… |
[12:25] | it’s definitely going around. Um, | 肯定是有很多的 |
[12:28] | what does this have to do with you, Marissa? | 但这跟你有什么关系呢 玛丽莎 |
[12:32] | I lied to my husband. | 我对丈夫撒谎了 |
[12:34] | We were all set to try. | 我们什么都试过了 |
[12:36] | IVF. Artificial insemination. | 试管婴儿 人工授精 |
[12:38] | Both got tested. | 都测试过了 |
[12:40] | And I was terrified. | 我很害怕 |
[12:42] | Convinced I was barren. | 认定自己是无法生育的 |
[12:45] | Does anybody say that word anymore? | 现在还有人用这个词吗 |
[12:48] | Barren? It’s a horrible word. | 不孕不育 真是个可怕的词 |
[12:51] | And anyway, it turned out | 不管怎么说 事实上 |
[12:53] | that he was the one | 他才是那个 |
[12:55] | that was… | 那个… |
[12:58] | barren. | 不育的人 |
[13:01] | How did he take it? | 他怎么想 |
[13:04] | I never told him. | 我没告诉他 |
[13:07] | I lied. | 我撒谎了 |
[13:09] | Told him I changed my mind about the whole thing. | 跟他说我不想要孩子了 |
[13:17] | Well, it’s… | 这真是 |
[13:21] | It’s kind of a sweet lie. | 这真是个甜蜜的谎言 |
[13:26] | I know, right? | 是啊 |
[13:31] | Except… | 只不过 |
[13:33] | Of course… | 当然了 |
[13:36] | he doesn’t know I lied. | 他不知道我撒谎了 |
[13:44] | I’m… I’m sorry. I’m confused. | 不好意思 我有点不明白 |
[13:47] | Why are you upset and-and | 你为什么难过 还有… |
[13:50] | ‘Cause he’s acting like he hates me. | 因为他表现出一副讨厌我的样子 |
[13:55] | Hates you? Wh… Why would he hate you? | 讨厌你 为什么他会讨厌你? |
[13:57] | For changing my mind, I guess. | 我猜是因为我改变主意了 |
[14:01] | He barely speaks to me, doesn’t touch me. | 他几乎不和我说话 也不碰我 |
[14:07] | Who’s that? | 谁呀 |
[14:14] | I may have mis-spoken last night. | 我昨晚可能说错了 |
[14:17] | Maybe I can testify for you. | 也许我能为你出庭证明 |
[14:18] | Testify to what? You weren’t there. | 证明什么 你根本不在场 |
[14:21] | Well, I can’t just let it stand. | 那我也不能让事情就这样发生 |
[14:24] | The victims were shot with a Glock 19. | 受害人是被格洛克十九式手枪击中致死的 |
[14:26] | And we know that Eddie had an empty Glock on him | 而我们知道 那天晚上 |
[14:29] | when he went toe-to-toe with Marcus | 当艾迪和马可斯争执的时候 |
[14:30] | earlier that night. | 他的枪是没有子弹的 |
[14:32] | That’s funny. | 那就奇怪了 |
[14:33] | I don’t remember seeing that weapon on the evidence list. | 我在证据清单上没见过这个枪 |
[14:36] | Ah. I remember now. | 对了 我想起来了 |
[14:37] | He threw it in the river. | 他把枪扔进河里了 |
[14:39] | My client threw his gun in the river? | 你说我的客户把枪扔进河里了? |
[14:41] | Oh, yeah. Yeah. | 是的 没错 |
[14:43] | Cops saw him do it. | 警察看着他丢的 |
[14:44] | They were chasing him at the time. | 那时警察正在追他 |
[14:46] | Three days after the murder. | 就在杀人案发生三天后 |
[14:48] | I don’t get it. | 那我就不懂了 |
[14:50] | Why would he wait three days to get rid of the murder weapon? | 为什么他要过了三天才把作案工具扔掉 |
[14:54] | And why would he do it where the police could see him? | 他又为什么要当着警察的面这么做 |
[14:56] | Because, as I recall, | 因为据我所知 |
[14:57] | he didn’t even know it was a murder weapon. | 他压根不知道那是作案工具 |
[15:00] | He was 16 years old and he was | 因为他只有十六岁 |
[15:01] | worrying about getting busted | 而且很担心 |
[15:04] | for carrying an unlicensed firearm. | 持有未登记的枪支会被查出来 |
[15:08] | The public defender actually put him on the stand. | 公设辩护人还真的把他放上了证人席 |
[15:12] | You almost never put the accused | 谋杀案的被告人 |
[15:15] | on the stand in a murder case. | 基本是不上证人席的 |
[15:21] | Man, they sold him out. | 天啊 是他们出卖了他 |
[15:25] | We all sold him out. | 我们都出卖了他 |
[15:30] | Anyway. | 不管怎么说 |
[15:32] | I will get out of your hair and let you do your work. | 我不会干涉你 你可以安心工作了 |
[15:37] | Hey, uh… | 还有 |
[15:41] | That professor of yours… he any good? | 你的那个教授 他怎么样 |
[15:44] | Why do you ask? | 为什么这么问 |
[15:46] | That would be a no. | 绝对不行 |
[15:48] | A no? | 不行 |
[15:49] | You guys are crazy. | 你们真是疯了 |
[15:50] | No, not us guys. | 我可没疯 |
[15:51] | This was all his idea. | 这全是他的主意 |
[15:52] | 17 years, Bull. | 十七年了 布尔 |
[15:54] | Think of everything you’ve done the last 17 years. | 你想想过去的十七年你做的每一件事 |
[15:57] | Think-think of everything that’s happened to you | 想想你16至33岁时 |
[15:59] | between the ages of 16 and 33. | 发生在你身上的事 |
[16:01] | No. I don’t want to think about that. | 不 我不想去想 |
[16:03] | It is a lifetime, Bull. | 这对他来说就是一辈子啊 |
[16:05] | And I helped steal it from this young man. | 而我还帮着剥夺了他的大好时光 |
[16:08] | I want to represent him. | 我想代表他出庭 |
[16:09] | I need to represent him. | 我必须代表他出庭 |
[16:10] | I need to right this wrong. | 我得改正我的错误 |
[16:11] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[16:13] | I’m not even sure it’s your wrong to right. | 我甚至不觉得这个错误该由你来改正 |
[16:15] | In fact, I’m pretty damn sure this isn’t even your case. | 事实上 我很确定的是 这根本不是你的案子 |
[16:19] | – Well, Chunk’s gonna speak to his professor. – I am? | – 反正特朗科会和他教授谈谈的 – 是吗 |
[16:22] | Help me, Chunk. Tell me your professor | 特朗科 帮我个忙把 |
[16:24] | will never go along with this. | 别告诉我你的教授也要掺和进来 |
[16:26] | Oh, he’ll definitely go for it. | 他肯定要掺和进来 |
[16:27] | The clinic has more cases than it can handle. | 这个事务所接的案子已经太多了 |
[16:29] | It’s me I’m worried about. | 我担心的是我自己 |
[16:30] | I don’t want to give up second chair. | 我可不想失去我的次席 |
[16:32] | You don’t have to give up second chair. | 不会啊 |
[16:33] | Like I said, I’m Team Benny. | 就像我说的 我是本尼队的 |
[16:35] | Always was, always will be. | 过去是 现在是 将来也是 |
[16:37] | Look, Bull, let’s just go meet with the guy. | 听着 布尔 我们去见见这个人吧 |
[16:39] | Let’s look him in the eye. | 我们去和他当面对峙 |
[16:41] | See how we feel about him, see how he feels about us. | 看看我们眼里他如何 他眼里我们如何 |
[16:44] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白了 |
[16:46] | I thought you and your professor were gonna represent me. | 我以为你和你的教授会代表我出庭 |
[16:49] | Absolutely. If you want the legal aid clinic | 我们会的 如果你想 |
[16:52] | to represent you, that is your right, | 那是你的权利 |
[16:54] | and we stand ready to do it. | 而且我们事务所也准备好这么做了 |
[16:56] | But I wouldn’t be asking you to consider Mr. Colón | 但要不是因为科隆先生 |
[16:58] | if I didn’t think he was the absolute best shot | 是我认为最有机会带你出去的人 |
[17:01] | you have of getting out of here. | 我也不会带他到这来见你 |
[17:02] | And I’ll still be on your team. | 而且我仍是你辩护团队中的一员 |
[17:05] | I’ll be with you every step of the way. | 我会陪你走过每一步 |
[17:10] | I know you said you were there. | 我知道你说过当时你在场 |
[17:12] | I know you said you feel badly. | 我也知道你心怀愧疚 |
[17:17] | Truth is… | 实际上 |
[17:19] | I don’t even remember you. | 我一点也不记得你 |
[17:24] | Maybe that’s a good thing. | 也许这是件好事 |
[17:28] | Doesn’t change the fact that I regret what I did. | 这并不改变我为此感到的内疚 |
[17:31] | Doesn’t change the fact that I want to make it right. | 不改变我想纠正这件事的决心 |
[17:40] | You say he the best? | 你说他是最好的律师? |
[17:43] | He is. | 他就是最好的 |
[17:47] | Well, then… | 那 |
[17:49] | let’s do this thing. | 我们就开始吧 |
[17:52] | Uh, I know it’s kind of late to bring this up, | 我知道说这个有点晚了 |
[17:55] | but switching sides… it just occurred to me… | 但我刚刚突然想到 改换立场这个事 |
[17:57] | I don’t think I’ve ever heard of it being done before. | 我从来没见过这种事 |
[18:00] | Ever. | 从来没有 |
[18:01] | So, I’m gonna go outside and call my office | 所以 我得去外面给办公室打个电话 |
[18:04] | and see if we can arrange | 看看能不能预约这个下午 |
[18:06] | an appointment with the judge this afternoon. | 和法官见一面 |
[18:08] | What for? | 目的是什么呢 |
[18:10] | Because if we really want to do this, | 因为如果我们真的要改变立场 |
[18:13] | we’re gonna need to go to court and ask permission. | 我们得申请法庭的同意 |
[18:20] | Somebody tell me why we’re here. | 有人能告诉我 我们的目的是什么吗 |
[18:23] | Well, as you are aware, Your Honor, | 尊敬的审判长 如您所知 |
[18:24] | Eddie Mitchell has won the right to a new trial | 关于2002年那件让艾迪·米吉入狱的杀人案 |
[18:27] | on the murder charges brought against him in 2002. | 他已经获得了上诉的权利 |
[18:30] | And while that right to a new trial was won by the attorneys | 由于这个上诉的权利 |
[18:34] | at the Hudson University Legal Aid Clinic, | 是由哈德逊大学的法律援助事务所代理的 |
[18:36] | at this time, Mr. Mitchell is requesting | 但现在 米吉先生 |
[18:38] | that I assume the role of his principal counsel. | 要求我来做他的首席律师 |
[18:41] | We are simply seeking the court’s permission | 我们来只是希望寻求 |
[18:43] | to make that change. | 法庭对这一变更的同意 |
[18:46] | And is there some reason why we shouldn’t approve such a change? | 那法庭会有什么原因不同意呢 |
[18:50] | Mr. Colón is failing to mention that in the original trial | 科隆先生刚才忘说了 |
[18:54] | some 17 years ago, he was part of the prosecution team | 他是十七年前那件 让米吉先生坐牢的案子 |
[18:57] | that actually put Mr. Mitchell away. | 原告团队中的一员 |
[19:00] | Fascinating omission, Mr. Colón. | 你这忘说的很巧妙啊 科隆先生 |
[19:02] | I was getting to it, Your Honor. | 我正要说到这件事 审判长 |
[19:04] | You want to switch sides? | 你是想改变立场吗 |
[19:07] | Never heard of such a thing. | 我从来没听过这种事 |
[19:09] | We might be making a little history here today, folks. | 我们今天可能要创造历史了 |
[19:12] | And does the current prosecutorial team | 那么现有的辩护团队 |
[19:14] | have any reason to object? | 有什么要抗议的吗 |
[19:16] | Let’s start with Rule 1.7 and 1.11 | 首先 根据美国律师协会 |
[19:19] | of the American Bar Association Rules of Professional Conduct, | 职业行为规则第1.7和1.11条 |
[19:21] | which expressly prohibit this kind of thing. | 明令禁止了这种改变立场的行为 |
[19:24] | I am aware of that, Your Honor. | 我知道这条法律 审判长 |
[19:26] | But I… I’d like to call the A.D.A. and the court’s attention | 但我想请法庭关注一下 |
[19:29] | to Rule 3.8, | 第3.8条法律 |
[19:32] | which implores a prosecutor, | 这条法律里提到 |
[19:34] | if he or she is made aware of a faulty conviction, | 如果原告意识到自己做了错误的判断 |
[19:37] | to do everything in their power to rectify it. | 原告应竭尽所能纠正其错误 |
[19:40] | And since the current occupants of the D.A.’s office | 鉴于目前 |
[19:43] | have not seen fit | 地方检察官仍没有 |
[19:45] | to answer Mr. Mitchell’s letters, | 对米吉先生的信件做出任何回复 |
[19:47] | that duty falls to me. | 这个责任就落到了我的身上 |
[19:49] | Now, I believe a great injustice has occurred. | 我知道现在已经出了很大一件冤案 |
[19:53] | Now, I can’t give this man back the years he lost, | 我不能弥补他已经失去的年华 |
[19:55] | but I can do everything in my power | 但我可以尽我所能 |
[19:57] | to see to it that he does not spend | 确保以后他不会 |
[19:59] | a day longer than necessary in prison. | 再受不该受的牢狱之灾 |
[20:03] | I share your sense of outrage | 我理解你对这件 |
[20:05] | over what appears to be a likely act of perjury. | 大概率伪证事件的愤慨情感 |
[20:10] | If not in regard to this case, then certainly | 如果不是这件案子 |
[20:12] | in one of the five others | 那肯定也是这位目击证人 |
[20:14] | the eyewitness in question testified. | 作证的其它五案之一 |
[20:19] | I’m going to allow Mr. Colón to switch sides, | 我同意让科隆先生改变立场 |
[20:23] | though I’m not certain | 但我不是很确定 |
[20:24] | I’m doing either him or his client a favor. | 我这样到底是帮了他 还是他客户的忙 |
[20:29] | Let me be clear. | 我跟你们说清楚 |
[20:31] | Since the eyewitness in question | 因为有问题的目击证人 |
[20:33] | is no longer alive and cannot testify | 已经离世无法出庭作证 |
[20:35] | as to her truthfulness or lack thereof, | 她的话是否可信完整 |
[20:38] | mention of her or her testimony | 因此提及她或她的证言 |
[20:40] | is strictly forbidden. | 是绝对不允许的 |
[20:42] | Is that understood? | 你们都清楚了吗 |
[20:44] | – Yes, Your Honor. – Understood, Your Honor. | – 清楚了 法官阁下 – 明白 法官阁下 |
[20:49] | You still you want the job? | 你还想要那份工作吗 |
[20:54] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[20:59] | Well, since this case has been tried before, | 因为这个案子曾经被审理过 |
[21:02] | I decided to track down as many of the jurors | 所以我决定尽可能多地去追踪当时的陪审员 |
[21:05] | from the first trial as I could find to try and ask them | 从我能找到的第一次审判开始 |
[21:07] | why they found Eddie guilty. | 问问他们为什么觉得艾迪有罪 |
[21:09] | And it seemed to them he had a motive for killing Marcus Lott. | 在他们看来 他似乎有杀害马可斯·洛特的动机 |
[21:13] | Lott was the competition. | 洛特是竞争的关键 |
[21:14] | I was reading the transcript, | 我读了案审的文稿 |
[21:16] | and that original prosecutor made Eddie | 原来的检察官把艾迪 |
[21:18] | sound like a hardened criminal. | 说成了犯罪惯犯 |
[21:19] | And his public defender did nothing to counter that. | 而他的公设辩护师根本没有反驳那点 |
[21:22] | I mean, he was 16, | 我想说 他当时才十六岁 |
[21:23] | selling nickel bags. | 靠倒卖便宜毒品生活 |
[21:25] | Maybe making a couple hundred a night. | 也许一晚上能挣个几百块 |
[21:27] | Not that that’s not a crime, it’s just… | 不是说那不是犯罪 我只是… |
[21:29] | hard to believe he killed another man over that. | 很难相信他会因此杀人 |
[21:32] | Most of the jurors I polled said the main reason it was so easy | 我访问过的大多数陪审员都说 主要原因在于 |
[21:34] | for them to believe that Eddie was the killer | 他们要相信艾迪是凶手太简单了 |
[21:37] | was because the defense presented no other suspects. | 因为被告没有提出其他嫌疑人 |
[21:40] | Bull thinks that our best strategy | 布尔认为我们的最佳策略就是 |
[21:42] | is to find someone… anyone… | 找到另外一个嫌疑人 |
[21:43] | to present as an alternative suspect. | 不管是谁 |
[21:45] | What about that guy Eddie worked for? | 艾迪的那个雇主呢 |
[21:47] | What was his name? | 他叫什么 |
[21:48] | Leon. According to what I read, | 里昂 根据我读到的信息 |
[21:50] | he was in Miami with his family when the shooting occurred. | 枪击发生时 他和家人一起在迈阿密 |
[21:53] | Rock-solid alibi. | 强有力的不在场证明 |
[21:54] | Yeah. Still. | 是啊 但是 |
[21:56] | The victim was a drug dealer, too. | 被害者也是毒贩子 |
[21:58] | And he was the real deal, | 而且他是真正的毒贩 |
[22:00] | with the rap sheet to prove it. | 警方记录可以证明 |
[22:03] | There must have been someone besides Eddie | 除了艾迪一定还有其他人 |
[22:04] | who had a beef with him. | 对他怀恨在心 |
[22:06] | Let me see what I can dig up through my old vice contacts. | 我看看能否在以前的同事那找到线索 |
[22:09] | So you wanted to buy some drugs, | 所以你想去买点毒品 |
[22:11] | but you knew if the defendant saw you had money, | 但你知道如果被告看到你有钱的话 |
[22:13] | he wouldn’t sell you anything. | 他就不会卖给你了 |
[22:15] | He would just take the money | 他会把钱直接拿走 |
[22:17] | to cover the loans he had already made you. | 来偿还他之前借给你的钱 |
[22:19] | – Yes, sir. – So then what happened? | – 是的 先生 – 然后发生了什么呢 |
[22:22] | So then I heard there was a new guy around, | 然后我听说来了个新人 |
[22:24] | working out of the laundromat, so I went over. | 在自助洗衣店工作 所以我就去找他了 |
[22:27] | And was he willing to sell you drugs? | 他愿意卖给你毒品吗 |
[22:29] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[22:30] | And this was sometime around 1:00 in the morning? | 这时候大概是凌晨一点左右对吗 |
[22:33] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[22:35] | And while you were buying drugs from this new dealer, | 当你在这个新毒贩这里买毒品时 |
[22:38] | did anything of note happen? | 有没有发生什么事情呢 |
[22:40] | Yeah. Eddie came in. | 有的 艾迪进来了 |
[22:42] | He was mad that this new guy was selling on his turf, | 看到这个新人在他的地盘卖毒品他很生气 |
[22:45] | and he was mad that I actually had money | 看到我有钱他更加愤怒 |
[22:47] | and was buying from someone else instead of paying him back. | 而且我在别人那买毒品 却不还他的钱 |
[22:50] | – And did the two men argue? – Yeah. | – 他们两个吵起来了吗 – 是的 |
[22:52] | I mean, no one hit anyone, but it was tense. | 没有肢体冲突 但是气氛很紧张 |
[22:55] | And then Marcus pulled his gun on Eddie. | 然后马可斯就掏出枪指着艾迪 |
[22:57] | Put it in his face. Took his drugs and his cash. | 用枪指着他的脸 拿走了他的毒品和现金 |
[23:00] | Now, did Eddie have a gun? | 那么艾迪有枪吗 |
[23:03] | He had one with him, but, I mean, he didn’t show it. | 他带了一把枪 但是他没拿出来 |
[23:05] | Marcus found it. And it was empty. | 马可斯找到了那把枪 里面没有子弹 |
[23:08] | And did you see what type of gun it was? | 你看清楚枪的型号了吗 |
[23:10] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:12] | It was a Glock. | 是一把格洛克手枪 |
[23:15] | Are you aware that Marcus Lott | 你是否知道马可斯·洛特 |
[23:17] | and Karla Angel were shot with a Glock 19? | 以及卡拉·安吉都是被一把格洛克19射杀的 |
[23:20] | Yeah. I heard that. | 是的 我听说了 |
[23:22] | Thank you, Mr. Grant. | 谢谢你 格兰特先生 |
[23:24] | I have no further questions for this witness, Your Honor. | 我对这位证人的询问到此结束 法官阁下 |
[23:26] | Your witness, Mr. Colón. | 开始你的证人询问 科隆先生 |
[23:28] | Thank you, Your Honor. Mr. Grant, | 谢谢法官阁下 格兰特先生 |
[23:30] | uh, 17 years ago, | 十七年前 |
[23:32] | how would you have described the neighborhood | 请你描述下那家洗衣店 |
[23:34] | where that laundromat was located? | 附近街区的状况 |
[23:36] | Well, I mean, | 这个嘛 |
[23:39] | – it was pretty sketchy back then. – And the night | – 我记不太清了 – 那天夜里 |
[23:41] | that Marcus Lott died, you said he was selling drugs. | 马可斯·洛特死了 你说他在卖毒品 |
[23:44] | Is that correct? | 是这样的吗 |
[23:46] | Yes. He was. | 是的 确实如此 |
[23:47] | And when you bought drugs from Marcus Lott, | 你从马可斯·洛特那购买毒品时 |
[23:50] | didn’t you mention you paid in cash? | 是否提到使用现金支付 |
[23:53] | I did. | 是的 |
[23:54] | So Marcus Lott was hanging around | 所以马可斯·洛特在这片危险的社区 |
[23:57] | in this dangerous neighborhood with drugs and cash. | 带着毒品和现金到处闲逛 |
[23:59] | I… Isn’t it possible | 是否有这种可能 |
[24:01] | that maybe he was shot by | 也许他是被某个 |
[24:03] | a mugger or another addict… | 抢劫犯或者瘾君子所杀 |
[24:06] | someone who might have been interested | 某个觊觎他的毒品 |
[24:07] | in his drugs or cash? | 或是现金的人 |
[24:09] | Objection Your Honor. Calls for speculation. | 反对 法官阁下 询问诱导证人进行推测 |
[24:11] | Sustained. The jury will disregard the question. | 准许 陪审团将会忽略这个问题 |
[24:14] | My apologies, Your Honor. | 很抱歉 法官阁下 |
[24:15] | I will move on. | 我问下一个问题 |
[24:16] | They never disregard a question. | 他们从不忽视任何一个问题 |
[24:19] | Want to grab a bite before we head back to the office? | 回办公室之前要去吃一口饭吗 |
[24:21] | By all means. | 当然了 |
[24:25] | Uh… you know what, guys, | 这样吧 |
[24:28] | give me a minute. I’ll meet you guys back at the car. | 给我几分钟时间 我们一会车上见 |
[24:32] | Mr. And Mrs. Garcia. | 加西亚先生 加西亚女士 |
[24:33] | Why are you making us relive this? | 你为什么要让我们再经历一次这些 |
[24:37] | Uh… Mr. And Mrs. Garcia, believe me, | 两位 相信我 |
[24:40] | I… I would never ask you to go through this unless… | 我决不会让你们再痛苦一次 除非… |
[24:43] | Unless what? | 除非什么 |
[24:44] | 17 years ago you said that man killed my sister. | 十七年前你说那个男人杀了我姐姐 |
[24:48] | My unborn nephew. | 还有我未出生的侄子 |
[24:50] | Now you’re saying that he didn’t? | 现在你又想说不是他杀的吗 |
[24:54] | You’re absolutely right. | 你们绝对没错 |
[24:56] | I should have reached out to you, I should have explained | 我应该早点联系你们的 我该早些解释 |
[24:58] | what I had discovered and what I planned to do about it. | 我的发现以及接下来的计划 |
[25:01] | I apologize. | 我向你们道歉 |
[25:02] | I’m deeply, deeply sorry. | 表达我深深地歉意 |
[25:05] | But if you two have a moment right now, | 但是如果你们现在有时间的话 |
[25:08] | I’d be happy to walk you through… | 我很愿意和你们共同… |
[25:10] | Walk us through what? Your imaginary mugger theory? | 共同什么 相信你虚构出来的抢劫犯理论吗 |
[25:13] | Your “Anybody but Eddie” Defense? | 你的那句”除了艾迪以外的任何人”的辩护吗 |
[25:15] | You should be ashamed of yourself. | 你真该为自己感到羞愧 |
[25:42] | Hey, Benny, it’s almost 2:00 in the morning. | 嘿 本尼 已经快凌晨两点了 |
[25:45] | We should call it a night. | 我们该睡觉了 |
[25:48] | You ever look at this photo and wonder what was going on here? | 看着这些照片 你有没有好奇过当时究竟发生了什么 |
[25:53] | 4:00 in the morning, this girl’s about to have a baby. | 凌晨四点 这个女孩即将生产 |
[25:56] | Look at this baby blanket, all these baby clothes. | 看看这个婴儿毯 还有这些婴儿衣服 |
[26:00] | You think someone at work | 你觉得是她的同事把这些 |
[26:03] | gave her their old baby stuff? | 自家的旧婴儿衣服送给她的吗 |
[26:05] | She was thinking, | 她可能在想 |
[26:08] | “Today is one of the best days of my life. | “今天是我生命中最美好的时光之一” |
[26:11] | Today is really something.” | “今天真的很棒” |
[26:15] | A couple of minutes later, she was dead. | 几分钟之后 她就死了 |
[26:19] | Baby was dead. | 婴儿也死了 |
[26:21] | What the hell is wrong with people? | 这些人究竟怎么了 |
[26:24] | I don’t know, man, but… it’s getting late, Benny. | 我也不知道 但是已经很晚了 本尼 |
[26:27] | We got to be in court at 9:00 a.m. | 我们明天上午九点还得到法庭呢 |
[26:30] | If Eddie didn’t do this thing, | 如果这不是艾迪做的 |
[26:32] | then why can’t we figure out how to prove it? | 那我们为什么找不到证明他清白的方法呢 |
[26:35] | Someone else did it. Why can’t we see it? | 如果是别人干的 为什么我们看不到一点线索呢 |
[26:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:44] | Call us a car. | 叫辆车吧 |
[26:55] | Our side doing any better today? | 我们今天有进展吗 |
[26:57] | No. But the good news is we couldn’t do much worse. | 没有 但好消息是我们也不会坏到哪里去 |
[27:00] | You know what I don’t miss about being a cop? | 你知道我最不怀念做警察的哪一点吗 |
[27:02] | Did you just feel the subject change? | 你发现话题变了吗 |
[27:05] | I did. I don’t know, Danny. | 我发现了 我不知道 丹尼 |
[27:08] | What don’t you miss about being a cop? | 你最不怀念做警察的哪一点呢 |
[27:10] | – The uniform? – No. I looked good in that uniform. | – 制服吗 – 不 我穿那制服还挺好看的 |
[27:12] | I’ll tell you what I don’t miss. Cop bars. | 我最不怀念的就是警察酒吧 |
[27:14] | I don’t miss cop bars. | 一点都不怀念 |
[27:15] | They’re just so full of… | 那里有太多的… |
[27:17] | cops. | 警察 |
[27:19] | And what’s wrong with cops? | 警察多怎么了 |
[27:20] | I need to know this. I’m single. | 我得知道 我还单身呢 |
[27:22] | Well, they all want to buy you drinks. | 他们都想请你喝酒 |
[27:24] | That sounds fantastic. | 听上去很不错啊 |
[27:25] | Oh, they all want to know where you live. | 他们都想知道你住在哪 |
[27:26] | And why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[27:28] | So they can go there with you. | 这样他们就能和你一起去了 |
[27:30] | Clearly, we’re just gonna have to agree | 显然 我们在这个问题上 |
[27:32] | to disagree on this one. Can you get me in? | 存在分歧 你能带我去警察酒吧吗 |
[27:34] | Why were you at a cop bar? | 你去警察酒吧做什么 |
[27:36] | Working my old contacts. | 用了用以前的关系 |
[27:38] | I found out that Eddie wasn’t the only drug dealer | 我发现艾迪并不是唯一 |
[27:40] | that Marcus Lott ticked off back then. | 被马可斯·洛特惹恼的毒贩 |
[27:42] | A friend of Marcus’ told Detective Cobb | 马可斯的一位朋友告诉科博警探 |
[27:44] | that Marcus had an issue with a dealer named George Moran. | 马可斯与一名叫做乔治·莫兰的毒贩之间有矛盾 |
[27:53] | Apparently George here was telling | 很明显乔治告诉了所有人 |
[27:54] | anyone who would listen Marcus stole his stash | 马可斯偷了他的存货 |
[27:57] | and that he was gonna “put the hurt on him.” | 而且他要给他点苦头吃 |
[28:00] | Oh… Bull is gonna be beside himself. | 布尔肯定会很高兴的 |
[28:01] | This is exactly what he was hoping for. | 这正是他想要的 |
[28:03] | Well, maybe not exactly. | 可能也不完全是 |
[28:05] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[28:07] | Well, George Moran died ten years ago. | 乔治·莫兰十年前就 |
[28:09] | A car hit him while he was crossing | 在过马路时被车撞死了 |
[28:10] | Yellowstone Boulevard in Queens. | 就在皇后区的黄石大道 |
[28:12] | The car was never found, the driver was never caught. | 车从没被找到 肇事者也逃之夭夭 |
[28:14] | You can draw your own conclusions. | 你可以进行自己的猜测 |
[28:16] | The point is Benny can’t put him on the stand | 但关键是本尼不能把他送上法庭 |
[28:18] | and he can’t paint him as someone | 也不能把他描绘成 |
[28:20] | with a motive to kill Marcus Lott. | 有动机去杀害马可斯·洛特的人 |
[28:21] | At least, not with the evidence that we have. | 至少 我们的证据还不足 |
[28:24] | 190.5 cm Six foot, three. | |
[28:26] | That’s a lot of guy. | 长得不错 |
[28:27] | It sure is. Danny, how tall is Eddie? | 对诶 丹尼 艾迪多高 |
[28:30] | Five, eight. Five, nine, tops. | 170 175最多 |
[28:32] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[28:41] | We thought it was the three of you. | 我就知道是你们三个 |
[28:43] | We’ve got something we want to show you. | 这有些东西想让你们看一下 |
[28:46] | So, Marissa had this great idea | 玛丽莎有个很棒的主意 |
[28:48] | that maybe we could use Eddie’s height | 也许我们可以利用艾迪的身高 |
[28:50] | to prove that he couldn’t have been the killer. | 来证明他绝对不是凶手 |
[28:52] | So I did a 3-D model of the crime scene. | 我创造了一个犯罪现场的3D建模 |
[28:54] | Now, based on the trajectory of the shots | 现在 根据射击的轨迹 |
[28:57] | and the angle of the bullet wounds, | 和枪伤的角度 |
[28:59] | the computer seems to feel that our shooter was most likely | 电脑通过计算得出凶手身高 |
[29:01] | between five, eight and five, ten. | 大概在172到177厘米左右 |
[29:04] | What am I missing? That sounds like Eddie. | 我错过了什么 这听起来就是艾迪 |
[29:06] | Great, so I’m gonna be in a coma on my couch. | 太好了 我去沙发上休克一会 |
[29:10] | Oh, oh, not so fast. | 哦 哦 等一下 |
[29:12] | But then we took another look at the blood splatter reports | 然后我们又核查了血迹溅落的报告 |
[29:14] | and Taylor put them into the computer model | 泰勒把这些输进了电脑模型 |
[29:16] | and we realized something didn’t make sense. | 我们意识到这根本是错的 |
[29:18] | What didn’t make sense? | 哪里行不通 |
[29:20] | Well, there was blood all over Karla’s back. | 卡拉的背后全都是血 |
[29:22] | – Yeah? So? – So, at Danny’s suggestion, | – 所以呢 – 所以 在丹尼的建议下 |
[29:23] | Taylor added in motion so we could work backward | 泰勒增加了动量 让我们反向推导 |
[29:26] | and make sense of the blood splatter. | 弄清了血溅轨迹的原因 |
[29:32] | That’s obviously supposed to be Karla Angel. | 很明显 这是卡拉·安吉 |
[29:40] | And as you can see, | 正如你们所看到 |
[29:41] | Karla was shot at very close range, in the stomach. | 卡拉是以一个很近的距离被射击到胃部 |
[29:43] | I don’t get it. Why’d you have the guy shot her first? | 我不懂 为什么你们让那家伙先射杀她 |
[29:46] | Shh. It’s… | 嘘 |
[29:47] | All right. | 很好 |
[29:48] | Let’s say this is Marcus Lott. | 假设接下来这个人是马可斯·洛特 |
[29:50] | And let’s assume that he came out of this doorway here, which is the bathroom, | 我们假设他从这个门出来 里面是浴室 |
[29:54] | and that he was surprised by the shooter. | 出门后被凶手吓到 |
[29:59] | Now, here’s what we figured out. | 这就是我们计算出来的 |
[30:01] | Based on where Marcus’s body was found, but also… | 依据马可斯的尸体被发现的位置 但是… |
[30:04] | based on the blood splatter found on Karla’s back… | 同时也是根据在卡拉的背部发现的血迹 |
[30:08] | Yeah? | 然后 |
[30:09] | Karla would have had to have been down | 在马可斯被枪击之前 |
[30:12] | before Marcus got shot. | 卡拉就已经倒下了 |
[30:15] | Because how else would the blood have gotten there? | 要不然血怎么会流到那里呢 |
[30:19] | So you think Karla Angel was shot first? | 所以你们认为卡拉·安吉是先被射杀的 |
[30:21] | It’s the only thing that makes sense. | 这是唯一能说得通的理论 |
[30:23] | Think about it. | 想一想 |
[30:24] | None of Karla’s blood was on Marcus, | 马可斯身上完全没有卡拉的血 |
[30:26] | which is why we can assume that he was still in the bathroom | 因此我们假设她被射杀时 |
[30:28] | when she got shot. | 马可斯还在浴室 |
[30:30] | So Karla wasn’t just collateral damage like everyone assumed? | 所以卡拉并不是大家当初设想的那样只是附带被伤害 |
[30:33] | You’re suggesting she was the primary target? | 你的意思是她是主要目标吗 |
[30:36] | Well, that sure as hell shoots the prosecutor’s theory | 好吧 这肯定会把 |
[30:38] | about Eddie out of the water. | 检方对于艾迪的定论推翻 |
[30:40] | Uh, Eddie didn’t have a motive for killing Karla. | 艾迪并没有动机去射杀卡拉 |
[30:42] | He didn’t even know Karla. | 他甚至都不认识她 |
[30:44] | Great. So now all we have to do is find someone | 好了 所以我们现在只用在明天前 |
[30:46] | between five, eight and five, ten | 找出身高在172到177左右 |
[30:48] | who wanted to kill Karla Angel. | 有动机 |
[30:49] | Preferably before tomorrow. | 杀掉卡拉·安吉的人 |
[31:04] | Good morning, Mr. Garcia. | 早 加西亚先生 |
[31:06] | I apologize for knocking on your door so early. | 很抱歉这么早打扰你 |
[31:09] | There’s been a development in the case, and I was hoping | 现在案子已经有了些进展 |
[31:13] | that I could speak to your wife about it. | 我希望能和你的太太谈一下 |
[31:15] | What are you talking about? What kind of development? | 你在说什么 什么有了进展 |
[31:17] | Well, | 行吧 |
[31:18] | we’ve uncovered some evidence | 我们发现了一些证据 |
[31:19] | indicating that your wife’s sister | 证明你妻子的妹妹 |
[31:21] | might actually have been the target | 在那晚的谋杀案中 |
[31:23] | the night of the killings. | 可能就是目标 |
[31:28] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:30] | Seems kind of… | 这听起来… |
[31:32] | out of the blue. | 莫名其妙 |
[31:33] | No, it seems kind of crazy. | 不 这简直是疯了 |
[31:34] | That makes no sense. | 这不可能 |
[31:37] | Everybody loved Karla. Who would want to kill Karla? | 大家都爱卡拉 谁会想要杀她 |
[31:40] | You’ll say anything to get that killer out of jail. | 你只是不惜一切代价想把凶手弄出监狱 |
[31:43] | No, Mr. Garcia… | 不 加西亚先生… |
[31:45] | Get away from my door. | 离我家远点 |
[31:50] | Come on, Eddie. That laundromat was your turf. | 拜托 艾迪 那个洗衣店是你的地盘 |
[31:53] | You had to be there pretty much every night. | 你几乎每天晚上都得呆在那里 |
[31:55] | We know Karla was there | 我们知道卡拉每周 |
[31:57] | at least three nights a week washing towels. | 至少有三晚上都在那里洗毛巾 |
[31:59] | And she didn’t talk to anybody, nobody talked to her? | 她不和别人说话 也没人找她聊天吗 |
[32:02] | Well, she was on her cell phone most of the time. | 她大部分的时间都是在打电话 |
[32:05] | I mean, I remember because at first I thought | 我记得是因为起初我以为 |
[32:07] | maybe she was calling the cops on me. | 她在报警想抓我 |
[32:10] | But then I realized she was smiling, giggling. | 但后来我发现她在咯咯地笑 |
[32:13] | Saying “I love you,” talking about “our baby this,” | 一边念叨着我爱你 说我们的宝宝 |
[32:16] | “our baby that.” | 又怎么了之类的话 |
[32:19] | Talking to her boyfriend, I guess. | 我猜她是在和男朋友说话 |
[32:21] | Boyfriend? No. | 男朋友 不是 |
[32:23] | I went through all the witness statements last night. | 昨晚我浏览了所有目击证人的证词 |
[32:26] | Her sister said Karla didn’t have a boyfriend. | 她妹妹说卡拉没有男朋友 |
[32:29] | Said that the baby was the result of a one-night stand. | 那个孩子只是一夜情的结果 |
[32:33] | You said you were | 你说你昨天整晚 |
[32:35] | reviewing the case files last night. | 都在审阅档案文件 |
[32:40] | You didn’t happen to see | 你应该没有恰巧看到 |
[32:41] | Karla’s phone records in there, did you? | 卡拉的电话记录吧 |
[32:44] | Mr. Garcia, can you please | 加西亚先生 可以请你 |
[32:45] | tell the jury the exact nature of your relationship | 告诉陪审团 你和受害人 |
[32:48] | with the victim, Karla Angel? | 卡拉·安吉的真正关系吗 |
[32:50] | Sure. | 当然 |
[32:52] | She was my wife’s sister. | 她是我妻子的妹妹 |
[32:54] | My sister-in-law. | 我的小姨 |
[32:56] | Anything else? | 还有其他补充的吗 |
[32:58] | What do you mean? | 你是指什么 |
[33:00] | I don’t know. I mean, other than that? | 我不知道 除了那个呢 |
[33:03] | Did you two ever do anything special together? | 你们一起做过什么特别的事吗 |
[33:07] | Maybe just by yourselves? | 也许是只有你们自己 |
[33:10] | Without your wife? | 你妻子不在场的 |
[33:11] | Play cards? Go to the movies? | 打牌或去看电影之类的 |
[33:14] | Make love? | 做爱 |
[33:20] | Order, please. | 请安静 |
[33:21] | Don’t make me clear the courtroom. | 别让我清场 |
[33:27] | Mr. Garcia… | 加西亚先生 |
[33:28] | would you please look at these | 请您看看这些 |
[33:31] | and tell me if you recognize | 并且告诉我您是否认得出 |
[33:33] | any of the highlighted numbers. | 这其中我标出来的数字吗 |
[33:36] | This is the phone number for my house. | 这是我家的电话 |
[33:39] | Karla was always calling my wife. | 卡拉总是在给我妻子打电话 |
[33:41] | They were sisters. They were very close. | 他们是非常亲密的姐妹 |
[33:44] | Thank you, Mr. Garcia, but, eh, look again. | 谢谢 加西亚先生 但是再看看 |
[33:48] | As you can see, a great number of these calls | 就如你看到的 大部分的电话记录 |
[33:51] | were made after 9:00 PM. | 都是在九点之后打的 |
[33:54] | And isn’t it true that your wife worked the night shift? | 而你的妻子难道不是上夜班吗 |
[33:57] | As a nurse? | 她不是护士吗 |
[34:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:01] | So explain this to me. | 那么请向我解释一下 |
[34:02] | If your wife was at work, | 如果你的妻子那会在工作 |
[34:04] | who was Karla talking to? | 那是谁在和卡拉通话 |
[34:07] | At your house? Every night? For… | 在你家里 每天晚上 打了能有… |
[34:12] | 46 minutes… | 四十六分钟 |
[34:14] | an hour and 12 minutes… | 一个小时十二分钟 |
[34:15] | over two hours? | 两个多小时 |
[34:17] | Me. | 是我 |
[34:19] | Karla was talking to me. | 卡拉是在和我通话 |
[34:25] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[34:28] | Thank you, Mr. Garcia. | 谢谢你 加西亚先生 |
[34:31] | You didn’t want to hurt your wife, | 你不想伤害你的妻子 |
[34:32] | and we understand that. | 这一点我们明白 |
[34:34] | But could that be the reason | 但这能是 |
[34:36] | why you killed her sister? | 你杀害她妹妹的理由吗 |
[34:38] | Your sister-in-law? | 你的小姨子 |
[34:40] | Because you didn’t want Mrs. Garcia | 就因为你不想让加西亚太太知道 |
[34:42] | to know that she was carrying your child? | 她妹妹怀了你的孩子吗 |
[34:48] | Mr. Colón, | 科隆先生 |
[34:49] | you are way out of bounds. | 你远远越界了 |
[34:52] | Fair warning… | 为你好 警告你… |
[34:54] | next time I’m citing you for contempt. | 下一次这样我就起诉你藐视法庭 |
[34:56] | I apologize, Your Honor. | 我道歉 法官大人 |
[34:58] | Let me wrap this up. | 我来总结一下 |
[35:00] | Isn’t it true, Mr. Garcia, | 不是真的吗 加西亚先生 |
[35:02] | that you purchased a Glock 19… | 你在卡拉·安吉和马可斯·洛特被杀一年前 |
[35:04] | the same type of gun used | 买了一把格洛克19式 |
[35:06] | to kill Karla Angel and Marcus Lott… | 与用来谋杀他们所用的枪 |
[35:09] | a year prior to the murders? | 同一型号 |
[35:11] | I bought it for my wife. She worked nights. | 我是为我妻子买的 她晚上上班 |
[35:14] | It was a bad neighborhood. | 我们的社区不太平 |
[35:15] | I wanted her to be able to protect herself. | 我希望她能保护自己 |
[35:18] | But as God is my witness, I didn’t kill Karla. | 但上帝作证 我没杀卡拉 |
[35:21] | I couldn’t kill Karla. | 我杀不了卡拉的 |
[35:23] | I loved Karla. | 我爱她 |
[35:26] | One last question. | 最后一个问题 |
[35:27] | Can you actually account for your whereabouts | 你能解释一下 |
[35:30] | on the night in question? | 问题当晚的行踪吗 |
[35:32] | I was in a motel in Maryland. | 我在马里兰州的一个汽车旅馆里 |
[35:36] | How did we not know that? | 我们怎么不知道 |
[35:38] | I’d driven my son to the Naval Academy the day before. | 前一天我开车送儿子去了海军学院 |
[35:41] | My wife called me that morning, right after | 那天早上 我妻子在警察给她打电话之后 |
[35:43] | the police called her. | 打了电话给我 |
[35:47] | Karla… | 卡拉… |
[35:48] | and the baby were dead. | 和孩子都死了 |
[35:53] | I wasn’t there for Karla. | 我没能陪着卡拉 |
[35:56] | I wasn’t there for my wife. | 没陪着我的妻子 |
[35:59] | I wasn’t there for anyone. | 谁也没能陪 |
[36:01] | How do we not know that? | 我们怎么不知道这事 |
[36:05] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[36:07] | walk me through this again. | 再跟我捋一遍 |
[36:09] | Based on what I saw, | 据我所见 |
[36:11] | Isaac seemed pretty convinced his wife knew nothing | 艾萨克似乎确信他妻子对他的外遇 |
[36:13] | about his affair. But… | 一无所知 但是… |
[36:15] | his wife’s reaction… | 他妻子的反应… |
[36:16] | there was no shock. | 既不震惊 |
[36:18] | No surprise. | 也不惊讶 |
[36:20] | Just fear and anger. | 只有恐惧和气愤 |
[36:23] | You think she would really do that? | 你觉得她真能做得出来吗 |
[36:25] | Kill her own sister over a man? | 为了一个男人杀掉自己的妹妹 |
[36:30] | We need to put Maria on the stand. | 我们得让玛利亚出庭 |
[36:32] | Yeah, I get it. | 我明白 |
[36:34] | I just wish we had something. | 我只是希望我们有点东西 |
[36:35] | Anything to actually tie her to the crime scene. | 什么都行 只要能把她和犯罪现场联系起来 |
[36:41] | Hey, what if we’re wrong | 如果关于这些衣服 |
[36:43] | about these clothes? | 我们判断错了呢 |
[36:45] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[36:46] | Uh, the gifts. The baby clothes. | 那些礼物 婴儿的衣服 |
[36:47] | What if she didn’t get them from people at work? | 如果她不是从同事那里拿的呢 |
[36:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:51] | What difference does that make? | 有什么不同吗 |
[36:53] | Might make all the difference. | 可能会完全不同 |
[36:59] | This is your son’s baby blanket, isn’t it? | 这是你儿子的婴儿毯 对吗 |
[37:04] | Yeah? Is that your, uh, son’s initials? | 这是你儿子名字的缩写吗 |
[37:07] | WMG… William Michael Garcia? | WMG… 威廉·麦可·加西亚 |
[37:09] | Right there in the corner, right? | 就在角上 对吧 |
[37:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:13] | That looks like my son’s blanket. | 看起来像我儿子的毯子 |
[37:16] | Now take a look at this photo. | 现在看看这张照片 |
[37:21] | See all the baby clothes on the floor? | 看到地板上所有的婴儿衣物了吗 |
[37:24] | Gift bag there on the side? | 旁边有个礼品袋 |
[37:26] | You give these to your sister too? | 你把这些也送给了你妹妹吗 |
[37:27] | Maybe. I… | 可能吧 我… |
[37:30] | I don’t know why. | 我不知道 |
[37:31] | It was 17 years ago. | 那是十七年前的事了 |
[37:33] | Well… you mean you don’t remember? | 好吧… 你是说你不记得了吗 |
[37:36] | I mean, it was 4:00 in the morning, | 我是说 那是凌晨四点 |
[37:38] | for goodness’ sake. | 看在上帝的份上 |
[37:39] | How often do you go to the laundromat | 你多久才会在凌晨四点 |
[37:41] | at 4:00 in the morning? | 去一次自助洗衣店 |
[37:43] | Mrs. Garcia, you see where I’m going with this, right? | 加西亚太太 你明白我的意思 对吗 |
[37:46] | Your marriage is falling apart. Your son was leaving home. | 你的婚姻破裂 你的儿子离开了家 |
[37:50] | You just got off of work. You didn’t want to be alone | 你刚下班 不想一个人呆在空房子里 |
[37:53] | in an empty house, so you wanted to talk | 所以你想 |
[37:55] | to the person you trusted most in the world. | 和这世上你最信任的人说话 |
[37:58] | You wanted to talk to your sister. | 你想和你妹妹说话 |
[38:00] | Isn’t that right? | 我说的没错吧 |
[38:01] | – I guess. – So, | – 我猜是 – 所以 |
[38:03] | you put this bag together of baby things, | 你把这个包和婴儿用品装在一起 |
[38:06] | and she told you to meet her in the laundromat. | 她让你去洗衣店见她 |
[38:08] | Again, it was 17 years ago. | 我再说一次 那是十七年前了 |
[38:10] | But when you gave Karla that blanket… | 但当你给卡拉那条毯子的时候… |
[38:13] | that blanket, your baby’s blanket… | 那条毯子 你孩子的毯子… |
[38:17] | she must’ve felt incredibly guilty. | 她一定感到非常内疚 |
[38:20] | I mean, after all, | 毕竟 |
[38:21] | she was carrying your husband’s child. | 她怀了你丈夫的孩子 |
[38:23] | Objection. Is the attorney gonna ask a question? | 反对 律师还问问题吗 |
[38:27] | Ask a question, Mr. Colón. | 问问题 科隆先生 |
[38:30] | She told you about the affair, didn’t she? | 她把偷腥的事告诉了你 是吗 |
[38:35] | She told me she loved him. | 她告诉我她爱他 |
[38:37] | She said she loved Isaac. | 她说她爱艾萨克 |
[38:40] | And then she told you she was carrying Isaac’s baby, | 然后她告诉你她怀了艾萨克的孩子 |
[38:44] | didn’t she? | 对吗 |
[38:46] | I mean, your baby was leaving home, | 你的孩子离开了家 |
[38:50] | and she was coming to take your husband, too. | 她又要来抢走你的丈夫 |
[38:56] | So you pulled out your gun and you killed your sister. | 所以你掏出了枪 杀掉了你妹妹 |
[39:00] | Didn’t you? | 对吗 |
[39:03] | And you let that innocent man go to prison | 你害得一个无辜的人 |
[39:05] | for 17 years. | 坐了十七年牢 |
[39:47] | Congratulations, Eddie. | 祝贺你 艾迪 |
[39:49] | Very happy for you. | 真为你高兴 |
[39:51] | Uh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:54] | All of you. | 谢谢你们所有人 |
[39:59] | Wish I could somehow | 希望我可以 |
[40:01] | give you back those 17 years. | 把那十七年还给你 |
[40:07] | Uh, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[40:09] | You gave me back the next 40. | 你把余下的四十年还给了我 |
[40:19] | Least I could do. | 这是我唯一能做的了 |
[40:22] | Well, so now that you’re a free man, | 你现在是个自由人了 |
[40:24] | what’s the first thing you’re gonna do? | 想做的第一件事是什么 |
[40:27] | Uh, truthfully? | 说真的吗 |
[40:30] | I think I just want to walk around. | 我觉得我只想四处走走 |
[40:33] | Just walk around | 就四处走走 |
[40:34] | and not have somebody tell me it’s time to get up, | 不会有人告诉我该起床了 |
[40:38] | time for lights out, time to eat, | 该熄灯了 该吃饭了 |
[40:40] | time to shower, just… | 该洗澡了 只是… |
[40:44] | …walk around. | 四处走走 |
[40:46] | As long as I want. | 想走多久都行 |
[40:49] | Well, when you are done doing that, | 当你四处走完 |
[40:52] | I know the city gave you a check for $3,700… | 我知道市政府给你了一张三千七百美元的支票 |
[40:55] | the money you made when you were behind bars… | 那是你在监狱里挣的钱 |
[40:58] | but… I hope you will come and see us, | 但是… 我希望你能来见见我们 |
[41:02] | so we can refer you to an attorney | 这样我们可以给你介绍一个 |
[41:03] | who will help you sue for wrongful imprisonment. | 能帮助你起诉错误监禁的律师 |
[41:06] | And I would love to put you in touch | 我也很乐意帮你联系一些 |
[41:08] | with some folks who might… | 可能能帮你 |
[41:10] | help you get reacquainted with the world. | 重新熟悉这个世界的人们 |
[41:12] | Maybe help you find some work. | 或许帮你找份工作 |
[41:15] | You know, actually, | 你知道 事实上 |
[41:18] | right now… | 就现在而言… |
[41:20] | I really just want to walk. | 我真的只想走走 |
[41:24] | But thank you. | 但是谢谢你 |
[41:28] | As you wish. | 如你所愿 |
[41:40] | You guys mind if I… | 如果你们不介意的话 我… |
[41:42] | I’ve been trying to set up a dinner with my daughter for… | 我一直想安排和我女儿共进晚餐… |
[41:44] | This is the first free night I have in a long time, and… | 为了这难得空闲的夜晚 而且… |
[41:47] | I would… | 我想… |
[41:48] | Go, go, go. | 走吧 走吧 |
[41:50] | Okay. Thanks, Benny. | 好的 谢了 本尼 |
[41:57] | Ah, Benny. | 本尼 |
[42:00] | Thanks for letting me do this. | 谢谢你让我做这件事 |
[42:02] | Oh, come on. | 行了吧 |
[42:06] | Benny! | 本尼 |
[42:08] | From me to you. | 我送你的 |
[42:14] | Okay, I give up. | 这什么 我猜不出来 |
[42:16] | You see, | 这样 |
[42:17] | you put ’em in your ears whenever Izzy snores. | 当伊兹打呼噜的时候 你就把它们塞进耳朵里 |
[42:21] | Just don’t tell her I gave them to you. | 别告诉她是我给你的 |
[42:25] | Thank you, Uncle Benny. | 谢谢你 本尼叔叔 |
[42:27] | Don’t ever say I never gave you anything. | 别再说我什么都没给过你了 |
[42:29] | You never gave me anything. | 你什么都没给过我 |
[42:30] | Ah, you’re so predictable. | 你真是太容易猜透了 |