时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | How does it look? Fetching? | 看起来怎么样 很迷人吧 |
[00:09] | Mmm. I love that word. | 我喜欢这个词 |
[00:11] | Fetching. Pretty badass, too, huh? | 迷人 而且也很有气场吧 |
[00:13] | Now, I know you’re thinking it’s a little O.T.T. for the office. | 我知道你在想这样有点不适合工作场所 |
[00:18] | It’s just one of 16 creations by me, Sadie Williams, | 这只是我莎蒂·威廉的”定义自我” |
[00:22] | and my Define Yourself line of makeup and beauty must-haves. | 丽人必备美妆系列的十六分之一 |
[00:27] | So, thanks for the listen, ladies. | 感谢收听 女士们 |
[00:30] | Thanks for the look. | 感谢收看这次的妆面 |
[00:32] | We’re good. | 完美 |
[00:33] | Thanks, guys. | 谢谢大家 |
[00:35] | Um, I’m gonna need you to get that to me as soon as possible | 我要你尽快把这段视频做好给我 |
[00:37] | so I can have a chance to review it | 我要检查一下 |
[00:39] | before it goes up on the website and on my Insta. | 然后再把它穿上网站和ING里 |
[00:41] | Yeah, by the end of the day. | 今天之内给我 |
[00:42] | – Got it. – Come with me. | – 收到 – 跟我来 |
[00:44] | Dad. | 爸 |
[00:45] | Hey. Excuse me. | 借过 |
[00:48] | Everybody’s here. | 人都到齐了 |
[00:52] | They’re all waiting in the conference room. | 他们都在会议室等着呢 |
[00:54] | So the, uh, financials are in the envelope, | 财务文件在信封里 |
[00:56] | the creative and operational proposals are in the binder. | 创意操作提案在文件夹里 |
[01:00] | Now, if you agree to accept our proposal | 如果你同意接受我们的提案 |
[01:04] | and allow Raybury Cosmetics | 并同意蕾蕊化妆品公司 |
[01:06] | to acquire Define Yourself by Sadie, | 收购”定义自我” |
[01:09] | our first order of business will be to globalize the brand, | 我们的首要行动就是在全球推广这个品牌 |
[01:13] | to find and groom Sadies in different countries. | 在不同的国家寻找培养更多的莎蒂 |
[01:16] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[01:19] | Uh, I’m Sadie. | 我才是正版莎蒂 |
[01:20] | There’s no one to find, no one to groom. | 没必要还得找谁 培养谁 |
[01:22] | I’m happy to go wherever you need me to go, | 我乐意服从你们的安排 |
[01:25] | happy to do whatever you need me to do. | 乐意做任何你们要我做的任何事 |
[01:27] | Sadie, we understand that you built this brand. | 莎蒂 我们理解是你一手创办了这个品牌 |
[01:32] | We understand how personal it all is for you, | 我们理解你的生意对你来说极具个人意义 |
[01:36] | uh, how intimate the connection is | 理解你和你的观众 视频 |
[01:38] | between you and your audience, your videos, | 以及你独特的产品开发途径之间 |
[01:40] | your unique approach to product development. | 相当亲密的联结 |
[01:45] | But our company | 但是我司业务 |
[01:47] | operates in 150 countries and territories. | 遍布一百五十个国家及地区 |
[01:50] | We decided to start our initial push | 我们已决定在亚太地区 |
[01:52] | in the Asia-Pacific region, because… | 开始首推业务 因为… |
[01:55] | Because it’s 36% of the cosmetic global market share. | 因为那里有全球36%的化妆品市场 |
[01:58] | – I have no issue with that. – We’d start by | – 我对此没有异议 – 我们首先会 |
[02:00] | getting toeholds in Japan, China, South Korea, | 涉足日本 中国 南韩 |
[02:03] | then expand south to Singapore and westward | 然后向南扩张到新加坡 |
[02:06] | – into the Indian market. – Terrific. | – 向西扩张到印度 – 真棒 |
[02:08] | It means that I can be in each country as it launches. | 这意味着我能去每个国家参加首推工作 |
[02:11] | Uh, work with the local teams, uh, | 与当地团队合作 |
[02:14] | get a sense of the culture and figure out | 体验当地风土人情 |
[02:16] | the best messaging for my videos. | 并为我的视频找到最好素材 |
[02:17] | A… Again… | 重申一遍… |
[02:20] | The thinking here is that each market will have its own Sadie. | 我方意见是每个市场都会有一个当地版本的莎蒂 |
[02:24] | Think about it, an Asian Sadie in Asia. | 想想看 亚洲有亚洲人莎蒂 |
[02:27] | W… We’re selling beauty and skincare products. | 我们卖的是美容护肤品 |
[02:30] | Sadie kind of needs to look like the people she’s selling to. | 莎蒂的形象确实需要符合当地买家吧 |
[02:34] | Wouldn’t you agree? | 你觉得呢 |
[02:36] | What they’re trying to tell you | 他们想说的是 |
[02:37] | is you’ve built a brilliant brand. | 你已经建立了一个优秀品牌 |
[02:40] | But you’ve also | 你同时也 |
[02:41] | built a brilliant business model | 建立了一种优秀的商业模式 |
[02:43] | and a brilliant marketing model. | 以及一种优秀的营销模式 |
[02:45] | They want to take that model | 他们想在全世界 |
[02:47] | and replicate it all around the world. | 复制那个模式 |
[02:49] | And pay you very handsomely for it. | 并为此付给你可观的酬金 |
[02:56] | I need the room back for a few minutes. | 我想单独待几分钟 |
[02:58] | How could you? | 你怎么能这样做 |
[03:00] | That deal is worth over $100 million to you. | 这笔交易能让你赚一百多万美金 |
[03:02] | It’s all the money you’ll ever need, Sadie. | 你有那笔钱人生就足够了 莎蒂 |
[03:05] | You’re acting like someone’s stabbing you through the heart. | 你弄得好像有人想害你似的 |
[03:08] | You are. | 你就是在害我 |
[03:13] | This is my company. | 这是我的公司 |
[03:15] | I started it in our garage when I was 16. | 我十六岁时在我们家的车库里创办了它 |
[03:17] | I can’t just hand it over | 我没法就这样把它 |
[03:20] | to some corporate monolith so they can try and clone | 交给某个大集团公司 |
[03:22] | an ethnically-preferred version of me | 让他们在全世界每个国家 |
[03:24] | for every country on the planet. | 克隆出当地偏好人种的我 |
[03:28] | You’re starting to swing. | 你是犹豫了 |
[03:30] | Even this reaction you’re having right now, | 就连你现在的反应 |
[03:33] | I see you starting to swing. | 我都看得出来你开始犹豫了 |
[03:36] | Dad, I am upset. | 爸 我很难过 |
[03:38] | I am allowed to be upset. | 我有理由难过 |
[03:46] | Let’s get them back in here. | 我们把他们叫进来吧 |
[03:48] | Make them see that they need my input. | 让他们明白他们需要我的参与 |
[03:51] | But, Sadie, they don’t need your input. | 但是 莎蒂 他们不需要你的构思 |
[03:54] | And they don’t want it. | 他们也不想要 |
[03:56] | Giving you that kind of power is a risk, | 给你这种权力是一种风险 |
[03:58] | and no global conglomerate is going to take that risk. | 没有跨国集团会冒这种险 |
[04:03] | Not with your history, not… with your challenges. | 不管是基于你的过去 还是你会面临的挑战 |
[04:11] | But it’s my company. | 但这是我的公司 |
[04:12] | But according to the court, it’s my decision. | 但按照法律 这事我说了算 |
[04:17] | And I’ve made up my mind. | 而我已经决定了 |
[04:21] | Anna, hey, it’s Dad. | 安娜 嘿 是爸爸 |
[04:23] | Got your message. Dinner, tomorrow, I’m on it. | 收到你短信了 明天一起晚餐 我没问题 |
[04:26] | I’m bringing gifts. Don’t try and stop me. | 我会给你带礼物 别想拒绝哦 |
[04:29] | Bye. | 再见 |
[04:31] | And who is this again? | 这是谁来着 |
[04:34] | You’ve honestly never heard of Sadie Williams? | 你真的从没听说过莎蒂·威廉吗 |
[04:37] | Honestly, I’ve never heard of Sadie Williams. | 说真的 我从没听说过莎蒂·威廉 |
[04:39] | Wow, even I know who Sadie Williams is. | 连我都知道莎蒂·威廉是谁呢 |
[04:43] | Okay, here are the Cliffs Notes. | 以下是导读内容 |
[04:44] | Starting as a teenager, Sadie Williams began posting videos, | 从青少年时起 莎蒂·威廉就开始发布视频 |
[04:48] | mostly makeup videos. | 大多是化妆视频 |
[04:49] | How to put it on, then how to make your own. | 怎样上妆 怎样体现自己的个性 |
[04:52] | Then she started manufacturing it. | 然后她开始自己制造彩妆 |
[04:54] | I think she’s, like, 18 at that point? | 我想当时她大概十八岁吧 |
[04:57] | She’s getting millions of views. | 她有数百万的浏览量 |
[04:59] | My sense is it’s always been about | 我感觉那些浏览 |
[05:00] | more than makeup. | 不只是冲着化妆品去的 |
[05:02] | When Sadie started experimenting with her looks, | 当初莎蒂开始做实验性妆容时 |
[05:04] | not many people were marketing beauty products | 还没什么人向黑棕色人种 |
[05:07] | to black and brown girls. | 推销美妆品 |
[05:08] | She was a teenager. | 当时她是青少年 |
[05:10] | Just like the people that she was talking to. | 与她的受众年龄吻合 |
[05:12] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[05:13] | So, what are we looking at here? | 那我们要解决的是什么事呢 |
[05:15] | Just as she was exploding, | 就在她人气暴涨 |
[05:17] | just when she had finally gotten on everyone’s… | 终于获得了所有人的 |
[05:20] | almost everyone’s radar… | 几乎是所有人的关注时 |
[05:22] | she had… what I guess you’d call a meltdown. | 她… 崩溃了 |
[05:25] | Unfortunately, she had it while | 很不幸 她发作时 |
[05:27] | she was making one of her videos. | 正在录视频 |
[05:29] | Even more unfortunately, is someone got ahold of that video | 更不幸的是 有人拿到了那个 |
[05:31] | that never should’ve seen the light of day | 见不得光的视频 |
[05:33] | and they posted it, uh, leaked it. | 并把它传到网上泄露出去了 |
[05:35] | Sounds like something I ought to see before she gets here. | 听上去我应该在她到前看看那个视频 |
[05:37] | Will you do the honors? | 可以帮个忙吗 |
[05:40] | Ladies, today, we are going to be talking about underto… | 女士们 今天我们要说的是浅色… |
[05:48] | That says “undertoes.” | 提词板上写的是”脚趾底” |
[05:51] | It’s supposed to say “undertones.” | 本来应该是”浅色系” |
[05:54] | I… I guess I have to write | 我猜我他妈的还得 |
[05:56] | the… the damn cue cards myself, too? | 亲自写提词板是吧 |
[05:59] | Turn the card. Thank you. | 把那页翻过去 谢谢 |
[06:02] | Your foundation color needs to be the same | 你的粉底要和 |
[06:04] | as your skin’s underto… | 你皮肤的浅色… 系一致 |
[06:08] | I’ll fix that. | 我会剪掉这段的 |
[06:11] | You’ll fix that. Great. | 你会剪掉这段 真好 |
[06:15] | And today, | 今天 |
[06:17] | we’re going to show you how to test your skin, | 我们要向大家展示怎么测试皮肤 |
[06:21] | your skin’s complexion, | 皮肤的色调和属性 |
[06:23] | so you can figure out which of those three undertones you have. | 方便大家选购合适的颜色 |
[06:28] | What? What? | 什么鬼 |
[06:30] | What is going on?! | 怎么回事 |
[06:33] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[06:35] | You guys are idiots! | 你们这些白痴 |
[06:36] | I hate this place! | 我讨厌这个地方 |
[06:38] | I hate this life! | 我讨厌这种生活 |
[06:40] | Get away from me! | 都滚开 |
[06:43] | And this is something everyone has seen. | 而大家都看过这一段了 |
[06:47] | I need help with something, something I probably | 我需要一些帮助 这些事可能 |
[06:50] | should’ve done a year or two ago. | 我一两年前就该完成 |
[06:52] | We’re all ears. | 洗耳恭听 |
[06:55] | I was involved in an incident several years ago. | 几年前我出了一起事故 |
[06:58] | Uh, there is a tape. | 当时的情况被录下来了 |
[07:00] | I’m guessing you’ve all seen it. | 我猜你们都看过了 |
[07:04] | Right. | 好 |
[07:06] | Turns out, I was diagnosed with bipolar 1 disorder. | 事实上 我被诊断为第一型躁郁症 |
[07:10] | Uh, the tape, the incident that was caught on tape, | 那卷事故录像带 |
[07:13] | was the culmination of it. | 正是我病发最凶的时候 |
[07:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:18] | And did you seek treatment? | 你有接受治疗吗 |
[07:21] | Oh, yes. Yes, I was, I was committed. | 当然 当然 我下定决心 |
[07:25] | Hospitalized. | 住院治疗 |
[07:27] | I couldn’t take care of myself, couldn’t work. | 那时我没法照顾自己 没法工作 |
[07:30] | Luckily, my father stepped in. | 幸运的是 我父亲来照顾我了 |
[07:32] | He petitioned the court, and he got guardianship. | 他向法院请求获得了监护人地位 |
[07:35] | And what kind of conservator ship are we talking about? | 是什么类型的监护人呢 |
[07:38] | Personal, professional, medical? | 个人的 专业的 还是医疗意义上的 |
[07:41] | All of the above. | 他都有 |
[07:42] | But it’s been three years, | 那么三年过去 |
[07:43] | and you’re ready to end the guardianship. | 你已经准备好结束监护期了 |
[07:46] | Yes. I am on medication, I am in therapy, | 是的 我在服药 接受治疗 |
[07:50] | I’ve been stable for almost two years at this point. | 到现在我已经有两年多的稳定状态了 |
[07:53] | But now, he wants to sell the company… | 但现在 他想把公司卖掉… |
[07:57] | sell my company. | 我的公司 |
[07:59] | I just can’t let him do it. | 我不能允许他这样做 |
[08:02] | So you need to go to court and end the guardianship. | 那你得上法庭结束监护期 |
[08:05] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[08:06] | But why us? Why TAC? | 但为什么找上我们 为什么选TAC |
[08:09] | The main focus of our practice is juries. | 我们的主要关注对象是陪审员 |
[08:11] | Guardianship cases are typically handled by judges. | 监护权案件是典型的法官决定案 |
[08:15] | Yes. Judges with special mental health training. | 没错 这些法官受过特殊的精神健康训练 |
[08:19] | And who would know more about what a mental health judge | 而还有谁比一位前法庭心理医生 |
[08:21] | is looking for than a former forensic psychologist | 及三个博士学位获得者更懂得 |
[08:25] | and someone with three PhDs? | 一位心理健康法官的需求呢 |
[08:31] | Sorry to interrupt. Gerald Williams is in the lobby. | 抱歉打断 杰罗德·威廉在会议室等着 |
[08:34] | Ms. Williams’ father. | 是威廉小姐的父亲 |
[08:36] | Should I let him up? | 该让他上楼吗 |
[08:38] | Well, that depends. Would you like him to join us? | 看情况 你想他加入我们吗 |
[08:42] | I didn’t even tell him I was coming here. He… | 我甚至没有告诉他我来了 他… |
[08:45] | He tracks my phone. | 他追踪了我的手机 |
[08:48] | I don’t want there to be a scene. | 我不想发生不愉快的事情 |
[08:50] | I’m… I’m gonna go downstairs. | 我还是下楼吧 |
[08:54] | Sorry. | 抱歉了 |
[08:56] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[08:58] | You want to go to court | 你想就这样上法庭 |
[09:00] | and assert that you’re prepared to run your own life? | 并断言自己已经准备好生活了吗 |
[09:04] | You need to start doing it. | 你要先开始行动 |
[09:06] | He already knows where you are, | 他已经知道你在哪里 |
[09:09] | and he’s probably got a pretty good idea of why you’re here. | 可能也很清楚你为什么来这 |
[09:14] | Sit down. Let’s get to work. | 坐下 开始干活吧 |
[09:25] | The reason I called this pretrial conference is, | 我召集此次审前听证 |
[09:27] | I’m trying to come to some sort of resolution | 是希望找到关于这一监护状态的 |
[09:30] | with this guardianship situation. | 某种解决方案 |
[09:33] | As both sides know, | 两方皆知 |
[09:35] | Sadie Williams has petitioned this court | 莎蒂·威廉 已向本庭申请 |
[09:37] | for relief from said guardianship. | 要求解除目前的被监护状态 |
[09:39] | Ms. Williams, I’ve read your petition and can sympathize | 威廉小姐 我已阅读您的申请且可以理解 |
[09:42] | with your desire to be fully independent again. | 您再次获得完全独立的渴望 |
[09:45] | But I do feel it is my duty to… | 但我认为我有义务… |
[09:48] | caution you | 提醒您 |
[09:49] | that two years | 两年 |
[09:50] | is not such a very long time to be mentally stable | 一般而言 对精神稳定性来说 |
[09:54] | in the grand scheme of things. | 并不算是很长久的时间 |
[09:56] | Thank you, Your Honor, | 谢谢您 法官阁下 |
[09:58] | but I do feel very confident | 但我确实十分自信 |
[10:01] | that I am ready to take back control over my business | 自己已准备好重新掌控我的事业 |
[10:05] | and control over my life. | 和我的生活 |
[10:07] | I’m sure you do. | 我毫不怀疑 |
[10:09] | But the decompensation rates for individuals | 但第一型躁郁症患者的 |
[10:11] | with bipolar 1 disorder are extremely high, | 代偿失调概率非常高 |
[10:13] | as are the attendant suicide rates. | 随之而来的自杀率也是一样 |
[10:16] | I cannot tell you how many people have come before me | 我都没法告诉你多少人到我面前 |
[10:19] | and promised they would continue to take their medication, | 承诺会继续服药治疗 |
[10:22] | only to wind up back in the hospital, | 但结果又不得不入院 |
[10:25] | back in the courtroom, or worse. | 上法庭 或者更糟糕 |
[10:27] | Your Honor. May we take a short break | 阁下 能否短暂休庭 |
[10:30] | and confer with our client? | 我们与客户协商一下 |
[10:34] | This judge is not gonna be our friend. | 这位法官对我们不是很友好 |
[10:36] | Yeah, I heard. | 是的 我听见了 |
[10:38] | He doesn’t think I’m ready. | 他觉得我没准备好 |
[10:40] | Well, he just told us how he granted independence | 他只说了自己过去授予别人独立 |
[10:42] | in the past, only to have it come back and bite him in the butt. | 但之后却自食其恶果 |
[10:47] | – I want to request a jury trial. – Wh… | – 我想请求陪审团审理 – 什… |
[10:49] | A jury trial? In a guardianship case? Is that even allowed? | 陪审团审理 审理监护权案件 这合规矩吗 |
[10:53] | Well, you don’t see it done very often, but, yeah, | 这种情况不太常见 但是是合法的 |
[10:56] | – it’s allowed. – Huh. | – 是符合规则的 – 嗯 |
[10:57] | New York Mental Hygiene Law guarantees Sadie the right | 根据纽约州精神卫生法 莎蒂有权利 |
[11:00] | to trial by jury if she requests one. | 要求进行陪审团审判 |
[11:03] | My feeling is she should request one. | 我个人人为她应该做出这种请求 |
[11:05] | That judge was thoroughly ticked. | 那法官彻底毛了 |
[11:08] | My father certainly didn’t look too pleased either. | 我父亲看上去也不是很开心 |
[11:11] | Easy. Don’t let this throw you, okay? | 放松 别让这些事烦扰到你 好吗 |
[11:16] | Excuse us. | 请原谅 |
[11:19] | Well, that was very impressive. You handled that like a pro. | 真令人印象深刻 你完全是专业级的 |
[11:23] | – I am a pro. – Good, | – 我就是专业人士 – 好 |
[11:25] | because now that we’ve seated a jury, | 因为现在我们有了陪审团 |
[11:27] | public perception is gonna become even more important. | 公众的看法会变得更加重要 |
[11:30] | Benny’s right. No matter where you are… | 本尼是对的 不管你在哪… |
[11:33] | work, home, on the street… | 在工作 在家还是街上… |
[11:34] | just assume you’re being watched and judged. | 都要假设你正在被监视和审判着 |
[11:37] | Truthfully, I already do. | 说实话 我现在已经是这样了 |
[11:45] | There’s my scholarship girl. | 我的奖学金姑娘来啦 |
[11:48] | My Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist-to-be. | 未来的普利策新闻奖获得者 |
[11:51] | Pride and joy. | 我真是又骄傲又高兴 |
[11:52] | Dad. | 爸 |
[11:55] | Are those for me? | 这些是给我的吗 |
[11:56] | Why? You need suitcases? | 怎么 你需要手提箱吗 |
[11:59] | Are you going somewhere special? | 你是要去什么特别的地方吗 |
[12:01] | Oh, man. | 我的天 |
[12:03] | Don’t make this harder than it already is. | 别让这事更困难了 |
[12:04] | Hard? I’m bursting with pride. | 困难什么 我骄傲爆棚了 |
[12:07] | My little girl gets chosen out of 1,500 students | 我的小姑娘在一千五百名学生中脱颖而出 |
[12:11] | for a journalism scholarship to Jordan? Please. | 获得新闻系奖学金去约旦 拜托 |
[12:13] | – Keep the hard stuff coming. – Dad. | – 这种困难越多越好 – 爸爸 |
[12:16] | I just… | 我只是… |
[12:17] | Um… | 嗯… |
[12:20] | I don’t really feel like eating any dinner. | 我不太想吃晚饭 |
[12:23] | Is there any way we could just walk? | 我们能就散散步吗 |
[12:30] | True story. | 说个真实的故事 |
[12:33] | A week before I left home, | 我离家一个星期之前 |
[12:35] | left your mother and went to college, | 离开妈妈上大学之前 |
[12:38] | I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t do anything. | 我吃不下饭 什么也做不了 |
[12:42] | I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t think. | 睡不着 不能思考 |
[12:45] | I was just terrified. I… | 我吓坏了 我… |
[12:48] | Felt like I was diving headfirst into this giant unknown future | 感觉自己像是一头扎进了巨大又未知的未来 |
[12:53] | and I… | 而我… |
[12:55] | I couldn’t talk to my parents about it. | 我没法跟父母说 |
[12:57] | I… I… I didn’t have anyone to talk to about it. | 没法跟任何人说 |
[13:00] | No one I knew had ever been to college before. | 我认识的人里没有上过大学的 |
[13:07] | But the difference is… | 但差别在于… |
[13:09] | is that you got me. | 你有了我 |
[13:12] | Look, I… I… I know | 听着 我知道 |
[13:14] | I… I wasn’t there for you for so long, | 我这么久以来都没能陪你 |
[13:18] | and I didn’t step up and behave like a parent, like a father, | 我的表现不是个合格的家长和父亲 |
[13:22] | but now, I’m… I’m here. | 但现在 我在这里 |
[13:25] | Now I’m ready. Whatever you need. | 现在我准备好了 不管你需要什么 |
[13:29] | So, look, I get it, you’re feeling pressure, | 所以听着 我理解的 你现在压力很大 |
[13:36] | and a huge responsibility, but… | 和巨大的责任 但是… |
[13:38] | when you go over there, you’re not going alone. | 当你去到那边的时候 你不是孤身一人 |
[13:43] | I’m here. You got me. | 我在这 你还有我 |
[13:46] | And I’m so damn proud of you. | 我如此为你骄傲 |
[13:48] | I’m pregnant, Dad. | 我怀孕了 爸 |
[14:14] | Hello? | 你好 |
[14:17] | Oh, Marissa, hold… Slow down. What? | 玛丽莎 等… 慢点 什么 |
[14:21] | Who assaulted a photographer? | 你说谁打了摄影师 |
[14:25] | It’s okay, Dr. Bull. I’ve already paid her bail. | 没事了 布尔博士 我已经交了保释金了 |
[14:29] | Ah, Mr. Williams. | 威廉先生 |
[14:31] | Ms. Baker. | 贝克小姐 |
[14:33] | What do we know? | 这是什么情况呢 |
[14:35] | We know she’s being charged with assault. | 她被起诉侵犯人身罪 |
[14:38] | We know it’s gonna be in all the papers in the morning. | 而且等早上了媒体便会大肆报道 |
[14:39] | Apparently, she struck a paparazzo. | 很明显 她袭击了一名狗仔 |
[14:41] | And what’s her side of the story? | 她怎么说呢 |
[14:43] | What difference does it make? | 这有什么区别吗 |
[14:44] | She’s obviously not well. | 她很明显病了 |
[14:46] | People who are in control of their mental faculties | 能够控制自己神志的人 |
[14:49] | don’t go around assaulting strangers. | 不会四处攻击陌生人的 |
[14:51] | Well, let’s reserve judgment until we have all the facts. | 还是等我们得到所有事实之后再做判断吧 |
[14:53] | – Shall we? – I am not the enemy, sir. | – 好吗 – 我不是敌人 先生 |
[14:56] | I’m not the villain. I am the father. | 我不是反派 我是她父亲 |
[15:05] | Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 |
[15:06] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[15:10] | I’m sorry I worried you. | 很抱歉我让你担心了 |
[15:13] | I’m sorry I worried all of you. | 很抱歉我让你们都担心了 |
[15:14] | It’s okay, honey. | 没事的 亲爱的 |
[15:16] | But can we just put an end to this thing? | 但我们能不能结束这件事了 |
[15:21] | Tonight’s adventure’s gonna be all over the news in the morning. | 今晚的冒险明早就会出现在新闻上 |
[15:23] | If Raybury Cosmetics is still interested in buying us out, | 如果蕾蕊还有兴趣收购 |
[15:27] | let’s just do it. | 我们就同意吧 |
[15:28] | Let’s just close while we can. | 趁我们还有机会 |
[15:30] | Really? | 认真的吗 |
[15:32] | That’s the first thing you say to me? | 这就是我出来你跟我说的第一件事吗 |
[15:35] | You don’t want to know if I’m okay? You… | 你不想知道我怎么样吗 你… |
[15:37] | You don’t even want to hear what happened? | 你连发生了什么都不想知道吗 |
[15:39] | I know what happened. | 我知道发生了什么 |
[15:40] | I just bailed you out of jail. | 我刚刚把你保释出来 |
[15:42] | Now how about we go home and get you to bed. | 现在我们回家 你去睡一觉吧 |
[15:45] | Actually… | 其实… |
[15:46] | I’m not ready for bed, Dad. | 我不准备回去睡觉 爸爸 |
[15:49] | I want to talk about what happened last night | 我想和我的法律顾问谈一下 |
[15:51] | with my legal counsel. | 昨晚发生的事 |
[15:52] | But thank you for posting my bail. | 但谢谢你交的保释金 |
[15:56] | Sadie… | 莎蒂… |
[15:57] | I’m not asking you to come home. | 我不是在请求你回家 |
[15:59] | I’m telling you. | 是要求 |
[16:01] | Mr. Williams, she’s a grown woman. | 威廉先生 她是成年女人了 |
[16:02] | No one is talking to you. | 没人跟你说话 |
[16:03] | Mr. Williams, don’t force my hand. | 威廉先生 不要逼我 |
[16:05] | Hey, I’m not forcing anything. | 我没逼任何人 |
[16:08] | I’m just taking my daughter home. | 我只是带我女儿回家 |
[16:10] | We are in a city jail, | 我们在城市监狱 |
[16:12] | and there are police everywhere you look. | 到处都是警察 |
[16:14] | Unhand your daughter, or I’ll have you arrested. | 放开你的女儿 不然我会让人逮捕你 |
[16:16] | On what grounds? | 凭什么理由 |
[16:17] | On the grounds that she’s an adult, | 凭她是成年人 |
[16:19] | and she doesn’t want to go with you, | 而且她不想和你走 |
[16:21] | and that means it’s kidnapping. | 也就是说这是绑架 |
[16:23] | Dr. Bull, you know damn well | 布尔博士 你很清楚 |
[16:25] | I have a guardianship that allows me to make… | 我有监护权来做出这个决定… |
[16:27] | I understand that, but by the time the police figure it out, | 我知道 但是当警察知道的时候 |
[16:30] | you’ll be in your second news cycle, | 你就已经是第二轮新闻的焦点了 |
[16:32] | and whatever’s left of this Raybury Cosmetics deal | 不管这次蕾蕊化妆品的交易还剩什么 |
[16:35] | will have completely evaporated. | 这样就都蒸发了 |
[16:37] | First thing in the morning, I’m going to court. | 明早第一件事 我就去法庭 |
[16:39] | Judge is gonna hear about this. | 法官会知道这件事的 |
[16:41] | Right after he hears about how you keep interfering | 他会先知道你是如何不停妨碍 |
[16:43] | with my ability to confer with my client. | 我和我客户的交谈的 |
[16:45] | And then I am gonna be forced | 然后我会被迫申请 |
[16:47] | to ask for interim relief from your guardianship | 临时撤销你在剩下的审判期间的 |
[16:50] | for the remainder of the trial. | 监护权 |
[16:54] | Can he do that? | 他可以这样做吗 |
[16:55] | You bet I can do that. | 我当然可以 |
[16:57] | So why don’t you let me give Sadie a ride home | 所以不如你就让我载莎蒂回家 |
[16:59] | so we can talk. | 商量商量 |
[17:00] | I promise I’ll get her home safely. | 我保证我会把她安全送回家 |
[17:04] | He loves me, you know. | 他爱我 你知道吗 |
[17:06] | I don’t doubt that. | 我毫不怀疑 |
[17:09] | You want to tell me what happened tonight? | 你想告诉我今晚发生了什么吗 |
[17:12] | Not that anyone’s gonna believe me, but… | 我猜没人会相信我 但是… |
[17:15] | the whole thing was a setup. | 整件事都是陷害 |
[17:19] | After court, | 法庭之后 |
[17:20] | I went to my guardian-approved monthly dinner | 我去了我监护人允许的每月一次的 |
[17:23] | with my friend from high school. | 和高中朋友的晚餐 |
[17:25] | We always go to the same spot, | 我们总是去同一个地方 |
[17:27] | this little neighborhood place. | 一个小餐厅 |
[17:30] | But someone must have tipped off the press, | 但是估计有人告诉媒体了 |
[17:32] | because the moment we walked out, | 因为我们刚出来 |
[17:34] | the moment we stepped out of the restaurant, | 刚走出餐厅 |
[17:37] | I was surrounded. | 我就被包围了 |
[17:39] | You seem to navigate the paps at the courthouse just fine. | 你在法庭那儿处理狗仔好像很熟练啊 |
[17:41] | Why was this any different? | 这次哪里不一样呢 |
[17:43] | This one guy, he just… | 有个人 他… |
[17:45] | He kept shoving his camera right in my face. | 他不停地把他的摄像机往我脸上推 |
[17:47] | Like, literally. I mean, he hit me twice. | 真的很近 打中我两次 |
[17:50] | And so I… I reached up my hand | 所以我就举起手 |
[17:52] | to brush the camera out of the way, | 想把摄像机推开 |
[17:54] | and before I even made contact, he’s on the ground, | 我还没碰到他呢 他就躺地上了 |
[17:57] | moaning, screaming, saying that I hit him. | 哀嚎 尖叫 说是我打的他 |
[18:01] | And then, of course, the rest of them are snapping away, | 然后当然 其他人就开始疯狂照相 |
[18:05] | and one of them is calling the police. | 其中一个人叫了警察 |
[18:11] | Do you think our jury knows? | 你觉得陪审团会知道吗 |
[18:13] | I think our jury is asleep. | 我觉得陪审团还在睡觉 |
[18:15] | But I’m sure when they wake up, | 但我相信他们醒过来之后 |
[18:18] | somebody will show them the pictures. | 有人会给他们看照片的 |
[18:19] | Somebody will tell them the news. | 有人会告诉他们新消息的 |
[18:24] | Dr. Matthews, | 马修博士 |
[18:25] | you are Sadie Williams’ psychiatrist? | 你是莎蒂·威廉的心理医生吗 |
[18:28] | I am. | 是的 |
[18:29] | And how long has that been the case? | 你为她治疗了多久呢 |
[18:31] | I began treating Sadie when she was | 从莎蒂被强制 |
[18:34] | involuntarily committed to a psychiatric facility | 送入精神病院之后 |
[18:37] | where I’m on staff. | 当时我是工作人员 |
[18:38] | And what was your initial impression? | 你起初的印象是什么 |
[18:40] | That she was gravely ill. | 她病得很厉害 |
[18:42] | In fact, when Sadie came to the hospital, | 其实 当莎蒂来医院的时候 |
[18:45] | her mania was so severe as to have psychotic features. | 她的狂躁程度严重到已经有精神病特徵 |
[18:49] | She was hallucinating. | 她产生了幻觉 |
[18:51] | She actually thought my staff was trying to kill her. | 她认为我的员工要杀她 |
[18:53] | And after her initial hospitalization, | 她入住后 |
[18:56] | how did your treatment of Ms. Williams progress? | 你对威廉小姐的治疗进展的怎么样 |
[18:58] | Slowly. | 很缓慢 |
[18:59] | She was extremely non compliant at first. | 她起初很不配合 |
[19:02] | She refused to take any medications whatsoever | 无论如何 她都拒绝吃任何药 |
[19:04] | until Mr. Williams | 直到威廉先生 |
[19:06] | secured his guardianship and was able to force the issue. | 得到监护权后 我们才强迫她吃了药 |
[19:09] | Uh, after that, | 那之后 |
[19:10] | it took about a year for us to find | 我们花了一年时间 |
[19:11] | the satisfactory balance of medications | 才找到合适的药物平衡 |
[19:14] | to manage her condition. | 来控制她的症状 |
[19:16] | And would you say that Ms. Williams is stable today? | 你认为威廉小姐如今算是稳定吗 |
[19:19] | I would say that her moods are much more consistent, | 我觉得可以说她今天的心情变化少了 |
[19:24] | but medications can lose their efficacy over time. | 但是久而久之 药物可能会失去效果 |
[19:27] | I believe that vigilance and constant monitoring, | 我认为如威廉先生提供的 |
[19:31] | like that provided by Mr. Williams, | 警惕以及持续的监测 |
[19:34] | are essential for Sadie’s continued progress. | 对莎蒂的不断好转有关键作用 |
[19:38] | Thank you, Doctor. No further questions. | 谢谢你 医生 没有更多问题了 |
[19:42] | Good morning, Dr. Matthews. | 早上好 马修医生 |
[19:44] | Now, you said that when you first met Sadie, | 你说当你刚刚见到莎蒂时 |
[19:46] | that she was a non compliant patient. | 她是个不配合的病人 |
[19:50] | But isn’t it possible | 但是有没有可能 |
[19:51] | that her initial noncompliance | 她起初的不配合 |
[19:54] | had less to do with a character trait | 和她本身性格无关 |
[19:57] | and was more likely the result | 而更可能是因为 |
[19:59] | of the imbalanced brain chemistry caused | 那时她还未被诊断出的疾病 |
[20:01] | by her then-undiagnosed illness? | 导致了大脑化学物质不平衡呢 |
[20:03] | Yes. Th… That’s possible, yes. | 是的 这有可能 |
[20:05] | After her initial resistance, | 在她起初的反抗之后 |
[20:08] | how would you describe Sadie as a patient? | 你如何描述莎蒂作为病人的状态呢 |
[20:11] | Has she been open to your treatment recommendations? | 她愿意接受治疗意见吗 |
[20:14] | Committed to her recovery? | 是否努力追求康复呢 |
[20:16] | I would have to say that she has been. | 我认为她是愿意的 |
[20:18] | But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be vigilant. | 但是这不代表我们不该保持警惕 |
[20:21] | Ah, yes. Vigilance. | 是啊 警惕 |
[20:24] | You mentioned that earlier. | 你之前提到过 |
[20:26] | Uh, but answer this for me, Dr. Matthews. | 但是请回答我 马修医生 |
[20:29] | If you really believe that Sadie’s recovery | 如果你真的认为莎蒂的康复情况 |
[20:32] | is uncertain enough to warrant constant monitoring, | 还不够理想 以致需要持续看护 |
[20:35] | why do you see her only once every three months? | 为什么你三个月才见她一次 |
[20:40] | that’s well within the professional standard. | 这完全符合职业规范 |
[20:42] | Yes, it is. | 确实符合 |
[20:44] | For patients who are stable and don’t need strict oversight. | 但是仅针对情况稳定且不需要严格看护的病人 |
[20:48] | It kind of seems like | 从某种意义上 |
[20:50] | the way you choose to deal with Ms. Williams | 你对待威廉女士的方式 |
[20:53] | completely flies in the face | 似乎与你今天的证词 |
[20:54] | of your testimony here today. | 截然相反 |
[20:56] | Objection. Despite the counsel’s clever framing, | 反对 尽管对方律师巧妙设陷 |
[20:59] | that wasn’t really a question. | 但他并未问出问题 |
[21:00] | My apologies, Your Honor. Let me put it this way. | 抱歉 法官大人 那我换种问法 |
[21:03] | Dr. Matthews, how much is Mr. Williams paying you | 马修医生 威廉先生付了你多少钱 |
[21:07] | for your testimony here today? | 让你在这里说出这番证词 |
[21:12] | The witness will answer the question. | 请证人回答问题 |
[21:14] | Oh, that’s all right, Your Honor. | 没关系 法官大人 |
[21:16] | I think she already did. | 我想她已经回答了 |
[21:19] | Clearly more than enough. | 显然非常丰厚 |
[21:21] | No further questions. | 我问完了 |
[21:24] | Ms. Anders, | 安德斯女士 |
[21:26] | when did you become the chief operating officer | 你是何时成为莎蒂化妆品公司 |
[21:28] | of Define Yourself by Sadie cosmetics? | “定义自我”的首席运营官的呢 |
[21:30] | Mr. Williams originally hired me | 三年前 威廉先生 |
[21:32] | three years ago to help him get the business | 在他女儿住院期间雇佣我 |
[21:34] | in order while his daughter was being hospitalized. | 让我帮他重振公司 |
[21:36] | And how would you describe the business when you first started it? | 该公司当时状况如何 |
[21:39] | It was in quite a bit of disarray. | 一团糟 |
[21:42] | Not completely surprising, | 但也是意料之中 |
[21:44] | given the demons that Sadie was wrestling with. | 考虑到莎蒂当时正与病魔搏斗 |
[21:46] | And when you say “disarray,” can you be more specific? | 你说一团糟 能再具体些吗 |
[21:49] | To be honest, | 说实话 |
[21:50] | the company was hemorrhaging money. | 公司资产在大量流失 |
[21:52] | Apparently, Sadie had spent millions on real estate | 显然 莎蒂在对公司没有实际用处的 |
[21:55] | that had no practical corporate purpose. | 房地产上花了上百万美金 |
[21:57] | And as I recall, there were five-figure line items | 我还记得她想买下 |
[22:00] | for designer suits | 五位数的高定西装 |
[22:02] | that she wanted to be worn as custodial uniforms. | 作为监禁服 |
[22:05] | I mean, there’s just no other way to say it. | 没有其它解释了 |
[22:08] | It was clear from the books that the person | 做这些财政决定的人很显然 |
[22:09] | making the fiscal decisions was not thinking rationally. | 无法做出理性决策 |
[22:12] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[22:14] | Ms. Anders is not qualified to make that kind of assessment. | 安德斯女士没有资格做出这类评估 |
[22:17] | Sustained. The witness will refrain from editorializing. | 反对有效 证人请不要臆测 |
[22:21] | Of course. Sorry. | 好的 抱歉 |
[22:23] | And how’s the company doing now? | 公司现在运营如何 |
[22:25] | Better. | 好多了 |
[22:26] | In the case of some of Sadie’s more reckless decisions, | 莎蒂有时会做出相较鲁莽的决定 |
[22:29] | there was nothing to be done. | 我们无计可施 |
[22:30] | But Gerald and I have applied ourselves. | 但是杰罗德和我已经尽力了 |
[22:32] | And I think, by any measure, | 我认为通过各种手段 |
[22:35] | we’ve really turned the business around. | 我们已经让公司重回正轨 |
[22:37] | And do you believe the business would suffer | 那么请问如果威廉女士独立掌舵 |
[22:39] | if Ms. Williams were to take the helm unsupervised? | 是否会对公司带来负面影响呢 |
[22:45] | I like Sadie. | 我喜欢莎蒂 |
[22:47] | I think she’s quite extraordinary. | 我认为她非同凡响 |
[22:50] | But if past is prologue, | 但是如果过去为开篇的话 |
[22:52] | she really has no business running a business. | 她确实对于运营公司一窍不通 |
[22:56] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:57] | Thank you, Ms. Anders. | 谢谢 安德斯女士 |
[22:59] | No further questions. | 我问完了 |
[23:01] | She is the last one in and the first one out. | 她来得最晚 走得最早 |
[23:05] | She and I haven’t spoken for more than 20 minutes | 我回归两年 |
[23:07] | in the two years since I’ve been back. | 我们俩从没聊超过二十分钟 |
[23:09] | Apparently, she’s very fond of you. | 那她还真是喜欢你 |
[23:11] | Ms. Anders, thank you for being here today. | 安德斯女士 谢谢你今天出席 |
[23:14] | Simple question to start. | 先问个简单的问题 |
[23:16] | Do you stand to profit | 如果杰罗德·威廉获得他的监护权 |
[23:18] | if Gerald Williams retains his guardianship and sells | 并且将莎蒂的”定义自我”卖给蕾蕊化妆品公司 |
[23:22] | Define Yourself by Sadie to Raybury Cosmetics? | 你是否会获益 |
[23:27] | Yes. | 会 |
[23:28] | When I was hired, | 当我受雇时 |
[23:29] | I was given shares in the company. | 公司股份有我一份 |
[23:31] | If it sells, I do stand to benefit. | 如果公司被卖 我确实会获益 |
[23:33] | Whereas Ms. Williams, | 然而威廉女士 |
[23:35] | Sadie… despite all your stated affection for her… | 莎蒂 尽管你声称很喜欢她 |
[23:39] | made it very clear to you that she was not a fan | 很清楚地告诉过你 |
[23:42] | of your work, hasn’t she? | 她并不认可你的工作 是吗 |
[23:44] | We haven’t always seen eye to eye. | 我们的意见时有分歧 |
[23:46] | No, you haven’t. | 显然是的 |
[23:48] | So, on one hand, | 所以 一方面 |
[23:50] | you stand to make a lot of money | 如果监护权持续 |
[23:51] | if this guardianship stays in place. | 你就能拿到一大笔钱 |
[23:53] | And, on the other, you are likely out of a job if it ends. | 另一方面 如果监护权丧失 你很有可能失业 |
[23:58] | Why should this jury believe anything you have to say? | 为什么陪审团还要相信你说的话呢 |
[24:02] | That’s okay. | 好了 |
[24:04] | Forget I asked. | 当我没问 |
[24:05] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 我问完了 法官大人 |
[24:12] | I knew you both weren’t coming back to the office, | 我知道你们俩都不回公司 |
[24:14] | and I thought you’d want to see this. | 但我觉得你们会想看看这个 |
[24:16] | What are we looking at here? | 这是什么 |
[24:18] | Ledger entries? | 分类账目记录 |
[24:20] | Yep. After that COO testified | 没错 在那个首席运营官作证 |
[24:22] | that decisions Sadie made prior to her diagnosis | 莎蒂在诊断之前做下的决定 |
[24:25] | were still costing the company money, | 让公司持续损失后 |
[24:26] | I used a password Sadie had given me | 我用了莎蒂给我的密码 |
[24:28] | to take a long look at the books. | 仔细看了看账簿 |
[24:30] | And while I wasn’t able to find any evidence | 我没能找到任何证据 |
[24:32] | that Sadie’s breakdown is still costing the company anything, | 证明莎蒂为公司带来了损失 |
[24:36] | I did… find… these. | 但我发现了这些… |
[24:40] | And for those of us who don’t read or write forensic accounting… | 麻烦给不懂法务会计的人解释一下 |
[24:43] | The highlighted portions are wire transfers. | 高亮部分是银行电汇 |
[24:46] | Half a million dollars made every three months for the last | 过去三年 每三个月 |
[24:49] | three years. | 都有一笔五十万美元的转账 |
[24:51] | – Okay… – It took some doing, | – 好吧… – 花了点力气 |
[24:53] | but I was finally able to track where it was | 但我终于追踪到了 |
[24:55] | the money was being sent to. | 钱汇入的账户 |
[24:57] | The routing number is for a personal money market account. | 汇款路径号码通往一个个人货币市场账户 |
[25:00] | An account in Sadie’s father’s name. | 账户名是莎蒂父亲的名字 |
[25:03] | You’re telling me Sadie’s father has been moving money | 你的意思是 莎蒂的父亲一直在把 |
[25:06] | from Sadie’s company to his own personal account? | 莎蒂公司的资金转移到他的个人账户吗 |
[25:09] | To the tune of $6 million. | 价值高达六百万美元 |
[25:17] | Mr. Williams, why did you initially petition the court | 威廉先生 为什么你要向法庭申请 |
[25:19] | for a guardianship over your grown daughter? | 对你已成年女儿的监护权 |
[25:21] | I love my daughter. | 我爱我女儿 |
[25:23] | I always have. | 一直都爱 |
[25:24] | She accomplished so much at such a young age. | 她年少有为 |
[25:27] | But then, a few years ago, | 但是 几年前 |
[25:29] | it was like she stopped being herself. | 她好像突然变了个人 |
[25:31] | Like some other person | 就好像有谁 |
[25:33] | had crawled inside her and taken over. | 篡夺了她的身体 |
[25:35] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[25:36] | we always talked all the time. | 我们一直都有密切的交流 |
[25:39] | But then, suddenly, | 但是 突然之间 |
[25:41] | there’d be periods where I wouldn’t hear from her for days. | 有时我好几天都没有她的消息 |
[25:43] | Weeks, at one point. | 有一次是好几周 |
[25:45] | Then I couldn’t get her to stop calling. | 后来她开始疯狂地打电话 |
[25:48] | 12 times in one hour. | 一小时十二次 |
[25:50] | All about nonsense. | 说的还都是废话 |
[25:52] | How she could hear the Internet, | 说她听见了互联网上的声音 |
[25:54] | hear her microwave. | 听见她微波炉的声音 |
[25:56] | Next thing I know, | 接下来 |
[25:58] | she’s talking about buying this very expensive building in SoHo. | 她突然要在苏豪区斥巨资买房子 |
[26:02] | Makes no sense to me. Makes no sense to the bankers. | 我无法理解 银行家也无法理解 |
[26:05] | It’s not a residential building. | 那根本不是住宅楼 |
[26:07] | And it’s not like we needed any additional manufacturing space. | 我们也不需要额外的制造区域 |
[26:10] | So I asked her. | 所以我问了她 |
[26:12] | Tell me about this building. | 让她告诉我是怎么回事 |
[26:15] | And she tells me she had this brainstorm. | 她说她已经计划好了 |
[26:19] | She’s going to start a new line. | 她想要开一条新的生产线 |
[26:23] | A whole new business. | 一桩全新的生意 |
[26:27] | She’s going to make invisible clothing. | 她要制造看不见的服装 |
[26:35] | We’re down to a single green juror, Bull. | 布尔 我们碰上一个刺儿头陪审员 |
[26:40] | Then, once my daughter had her now-famous breakdown… | 有一次我女儿崩溃了 众所周知 |
[26:45] | throwing things at people, all of it captured by a camera… | 她向人们扔东西 还被拍下来 |
[26:47] | the court didn’t hesitate. | 法庭一点都没犹豫 |
[26:49] | She was clearly a danger to herself and others. | 她无论对自己还是他人都是一个危险的存在 |
[26:55] | I did what any father would do. | 我不过是尽了父亲的本职 |
[26:58] | Thank you, Mr. Williams. | 谢谢你 威廉先生 |
[27:02] | You’re sure you want to do this? | 你确定你真的想这样吗 |
[27:06] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:14] | Thank you for your emotional testimony, Mr. Williams. | 谢谢你感情色彩浓重的证词 威廉先生 |
[27:17] | But if you don’t mind, | 但如果你不介意的话 |
[27:19] | I’d like to switch gears | 我就要进行下一步 |
[27:21] | and discuss the more practical side of your guardianship. | 开始讨论更切合实际的监管权问题了 |
[27:24] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[27:25] | Okay. Now… | 好的 现在 |
[27:27] | Take a look at these financial records | 请看这张莎蒂”定义自我”的 |
[27:30] | from the corporate account of Define Yourself by Sadie. | 公司财务纪录 |
[27:34] | Of course. | 好的 |
[27:35] | Now, these… highlighted transfers here, | 这些被标记出的转账记录 |
[27:39] | they show corporate money being transferred | 显示公司的钱被转进了 |
[27:41] | into a private account. | 一个私人账户中 |
[27:44] | Now, that… | 这上表明 |
[27:46] | account is registered to you, | 这个账户是你注册的 |
[27:48] | isn’t it, Mr. Williams? | 对不对 威廉先生 |
[27:49] | And by that, I mean it is a personal account, | 既然这样 这就是你的个人账户了 |
[27:52] | isn’t it? | 是不是呢 |
[27:56] | It is. Yes. | 是的 |
[28:00] | So what are we to make of this? | 概述一下这件事就是 |
[28:03] | According to these records, | 根据这些记录 |
[28:05] | over a period of three years, | 在过去的这三年里 |
[28:07] | while the company was entrusted to your guardianship, | 整个公司的监管权都在你手里 |
[28:10] | $6 million made its way from the corporation’s bank account | 但公司账户里的六百万美元却跑到了 |
[28:14] | to yours. | 你的账户里 |
[28:17] | A personal money market account. | 一个个人的中转账户 |
[28:22] | You embezzle that money, sir? | 您贪污了那么多钱吗 先生 |
[28:28] | Your Honor, I’d like to request a recess | 法官阁下 我请求休会 |
[28:30] | – to confer with my client. – Fine. | – 我要和我的委托人商议一下 – 允许 |
[28:32] | This court will take a ten-minute recess. | 法庭休息十分钟 |
[28:38] | Would you and your team mind joining us | 能否请你和你的团队 |
[28:40] | in the conference room, please? | 到会议室与我们商议一下 |
[28:42] | So you’re not denying you took the money? | 所以你不打算否认你贪污了钱 |
[28:44] | No. | 不 |
[28:45] | I took it. | 我就是拿了 |
[28:47] | But I did it for my daughter. | 但我是因为我女儿才拿的 |
[28:49] | What are you talking about, Dad? | 你说什么呢 爸爸 |
[28:52] | The night you were hospitalized. | 你住院的那天晚上 |
[28:53] | You do remember throwing things, don’t you? | 你确实乱扔东西来着对不对 |
[28:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:58] | Well, you hit your cameraman. | 你打到了你的摄影师 |
[29:01] | Hit him in the face. | 打到了他的脸 |
[29:03] | In the eye. | 正击中 |
[29:05] | Directly. | 他的眼睛 |
[29:07] | Hard enough to cause something called a globe rupture. | 以至于造成了眼球破裂 |
[29:12] | An ophthalmologist performed surgery on him. | 眼科医生为他做了手术 |
[29:15] | Managed to close the rupture, | 成功地修复了破裂 |
[29:18] | control the internal bleeding, | 控制住了内出血 |
[29:20] | save the eye. But he… | 拯救了他的眼睛 但他… |
[29:24] | just couldn’t restore the man’s vision. | 但却不能回复他的视力 |
[29:28] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[29:30] | So, the money… | 所以 这钱… |
[29:32] | are you telling us it went to pay this man’s medical bills? | 你的意思是钱是用来付医药费的吗 |
[29:35] | That. | 是一方面 |
[29:37] | And for his silence. | 也是封口费 |
[29:40] | I told him how terribly sorry I was | 我跟他说了万分抱歉 |
[29:42] | and how we wanted to do right by him. | 以及我们打算怎么赔偿他 |
[29:46] | He was a cameraman. | 他可是个摄像师 |
[29:49] | We’d taken his vision. | 而我们夺走了他的视力 |
[29:52] | I just didn’t want lawyers and insurance companies or… | 我只是不想要律师保险公司或什么… |
[29:56] | God forbid, a trial. | 天哪 这审讯 |
[30:00] | Do not make me go back in there and make this tragedy a matter | 不要让我再回到那里 |
[30:02] | of public record. | 让这个悲剧成为不光彩的记录 |
[30:04] | If you do, what kind of future will she have? | 如果你们这么做了 她的未来还能是什么样 |
[30:30] | So? | 所以呢 |
[30:31] | So, she confirmed it. | 所以她确认了 |
[30:34] | It’s for real. | 是真的 |
[30:37] | I’m about seven weeks along, | 和我估计的一样 |
[30:38] | which is what I figured. | 我已经怀孕七周了 |
[30:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:43] | Well, we’re gonna… we’re gon…we’re gonna figure this out. | 我们得… 解决好这个问题 |
[30:47] | Um, do-do you like her? | 你喜欢她吗 |
[30:49] | I mean, is she someone you can imagine yourself | 我是说 你不介意和她 |
[30:51] | seeing again? The doctor? | 再次见面吧 那个医生 |
[30:53] | Yeah, yeah. | 当然了 是的 |
[30:55] | Um, I think she’s kind of perfect. | 我觉得她挺完美的 |
[30:56] | Good. | 那就好 |
[30:58] | Okay. So, um, let’s figure out next steps. | 好的 那么 我们想想接下来该干什么 |
[31:01] | Did you schedule a follow-up appointment? | 你想好下一步计划了吗 |
[31:03] | – Yeah. – Good. | – 想好了 – 好 |
[31:05] | Okay, uh, well, now the hard part. | 好的 现在是困难的部分了 |
[31:07] | We, uh… | 我们… |
[31:08] | we got to call your mother. | 我们该给你妈妈打个电话 |
[31:10] | I’m guessing you haven’t talked to her yet, huh? | 我猜你还没跟她聊过 对不对 |
[31:14] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[31:16] | Not yet. | 现在不行 |
[31:18] | Okay. All right. Well, we’ll circle back on that. | 好吧 那我们一会再讨论这个 |
[31:22] | Can I ask about the boy? | 我能问问那个男孩吗 |
[31:25] | Forget about the boy. | 忘了他吧 |
[31:27] | I have. | 我已经忘了 |
[31:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:32] | So, um, I guess the next thing | 所以 我觉得下一步 |
[31:34] | that we got to talk about is school. | 我们该讨论学校的事了 |
[31:36] | For now, you should be okay, | 现在虽然没问题 |
[31:38] | but I guess we need to tell them about Jordan, right? | 但我猜我们得告诉他们约旦的事吧 |
[31:41] | Talk to them about what? | 和他们说什么 |
[31:44] | Well, obviously, you’re not going, | 显然你不能去了 |
[31:47] | not now. | 起码不是现在 |
[31:49] | Look, do the math. | 来 我们算算 |
[31:51] | Right? Look, you’re… you’re supposed to be there | 你看 你本该是一月份到 |
[31:55] | in January, right? | 对吧 |
[31:56] | And you’ll be almost four months pregnant then. | 而那时你怀孕差不多得四个月了 |
[31:58] | And then, you’re not due to come back until June. | 六月之前你都没法回来 |
[32:00] | And I’m not letting my daughter give birth in the Middle East. | 我是不会让我女儿在中东生孩子的 |
[32:02] | Dad. | 爸 |
[32:05] | I’m not giving birth anywhere. | 我不打算生孩子 |
[32:19] | No. | 不是吧 |
[32:21] | They do that there? | 他们那里有这种业务吗 |
[32:23] | How can they do that and the other? | 他们怎么可以既… 又… |
[32:26] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[32:27] | Anyway, it… it doesn’t matter. You’re not doing that. | 无论如何 已经不重要了 你不能这样 |
[32:29] | – We are not doing that. – Why not? | – 我们不会做这个的 – 为什么不呢 |
[32:31] | Because it’s… it’s a… it’s a… it’s a sin. | 因为 这是… 这是罪恶啊 |
[32:34] | It’s a mortal sin. What do you…? | 这是不可饶恕的大罪 你以为… |
[32:36] | Right. Because when was the last time you went to church? | 好 那你上次是去教堂什么时候 |
[32:38] | – How old were you… like, 15? – That’s beside the point. | – 你当时多大 十五岁吗 – 这不是重点 |
[32:40] | Dad, I was selected out of 1,500 students. | 爸爸 我在一千五百学生中被选了出来 |
[32:43] | This is an opportunity of a lifetime. | 这是一生难得的机遇啊 |
[32:46] | The girl who did this last year? | 去年被选中的女孩 |
[32:48] | She’s working for the London Tribune now. | 她现在在伦敦论坛报工作 |
[32:50] | Well, I’m guessing that she didn’t get herself pregnant. | 我猜她可能没把自己搞怀孕吧 |
[32:55] | Look, if your mother and I had done | 听着 如果你妈妈和我做了 |
[32:57] | what you are contemplating doing, | 你现在准备要做的事情 |
[32:59] | y… you wouldn’t even be here right now. | 你现在就不在这里了 |
[33:00] | Well, I am here. | 但我在啊 |
[33:03] | And I have a problem, and I need your help. | 我遇到了困难并需要你的帮助 |
[33:07] | You don’t need my help, ’cause we’re not gonna do this. | 你不需要我的帮助 因为我们不会这样做 |
[33:10] | We aren’t doing anything. I am. | 不是我们 是我 |
[33:12] | And I need $400, | 我需要四百美元 |
[33:15] | and I need someone to bring me to this woman’s office | 并且还需要有人带我去这个女人的办公室 |
[33:17] | and wait and then bring me home and take care of me. | 等着我并把我带回家照顾我 |
[33:22] | And I’m asking you. | 我需要你 |
[33:26] | You always talk about how sorry you are | 你总是说你有多抱歉 |
[33:28] | that you were never there for me growing up. | 没有参与我的成长 |
[33:30] | Well… you’re here now. | 但你现在不是在我身边吗 |
[33:34] | And I need you. | 而我需要你 |
[33:39] | But I can’t do this. | 但我不能这么做 |
[33:55] | I didn’t even know his name. | 我甚至都不知道他的名字 |
[33:58] | Can you guys help me find his name? | 你们能帮我找到他的名字吗 |
[34:01] | The cameraman? I… | 那个摄像师 |
[34:04] | I’d like to reach out to him. | 我想要联系他 |
[34:06] | I’d like to try and… | 我可以试试 |
[34:07] | I can do that. | 我可以 |
[34:09] | I can help you find a discreet way | 我可以帮你找一个慎重的方法 |
[34:11] | to reach out and try to make things right. | 去联系他 尽量做些补救 |
[34:14] | But in the meantime, we have court at 9:00 in the morning, | 但同时 我们明天上午九点开庭 |
[34:17] | and there are some choices to be made. | 到时需要做出一些选择 |
[34:19] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[34:21] | Well, we can let Benny finish cross-examining your father, | 我们可以在本尼盘问完你父亲后 |
[34:23] | and then put you on the stand | 让你走上证人席 |
[34:24] | and take our chances with the jury. | 跟陪审团赌一把 |
[34:26] | Of course, in that version, the truth comes out. | 当然 如果是这样 真相一旦大白 |
[34:29] | My guess is, you’ll become the Internet’s new punching bag, | 我估计你会成为新的网络暴力沙袋 |
[34:32] | your business will probably be rendered worthless, | 你的生意会一落千丈 |
[34:35] | and that cameraman whose name you don’t know | 而那个你不知道名字的摄像师 |
[34:38] | will suddenly be thrust into a spotlight | 会突然被推到聚光灯下 成为焦点 |
[34:40] | he probably doesn’t want. | 即使他很可能并不情愿 |
[34:43] | And the other option is? | 那另一个选择呢 |
[34:45] | Well, you could… drop your petition to end the guardianship. | 你可以撤销终止你父亲监护权的申请 |
[34:50] | And let my father make every important decision | 然后我余生的每个重大决定 |
[34:53] | for me for the rest of my life? | 都得由他代替我吗 |
[34:56] | I don’t know how to do that, Dr. Bull. | 我做不到 布尔博士 |
[34:59] | Especially not after today. | 尤其是发生了今天的事之后 |
[35:01] | Well, let Mr. Colón and I put our heads together, | 让我再和科隆先生想想办法 |
[35:03] | see if we can’t come up with something, okay? | 看看有没有什么法子 好吗 |
[35:06] | – Okay. – See you tomorrow morning in court. | – 好 – 明天早上法庭见 |
[35:08] | Tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[35:21] | Tell me you have a brilliant idea. | 告诉我你想出好点子了 |
[35:23] | I have a brilliant idea. | 我想出好点子了 |
[35:24] | Ooh, let’s hear it. | 说来听听 |
[35:26] | I’m sorry. I… | 抱歉 我… |
[35:27] | I was just doing what I was told. | 逗你玩呢 |
[35:30] | It’s like I said when we first got into this thing… | 就像我们当初接手这事时我说的 |
[35:32] | the situation does not belong in a court of law. | 这种情况不应该通过诉讼解决 |
[35:36] | This is the kind of thing that gets solved by… | 这种事要想解决 就得… |
[35:39] | Sitting down and looking someone in the eye, | 坐下来 直视对方的眼睛 |
[35:41] | and forcing them to look you in the eye. | 强迫他们看着你的眼睛 |
[35:43] | You know what I mean? | 懂吗 |
[35:47] | Actually, I think I do. | 我想我明白这个好点子了 |
[35:53] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你来一趟 |
[35:55] | Thank you for meeting me before court. | 谢谢你开庭前赶来见我 |
[35:59] | I came because my daughter’s not answering my calls. | 我来是因为我女儿不接我电话 |
[36:03] | I know yesterday must have been difficult for her. | 我知道昨天对她来说一定很难熬 |
[36:06] | She’s fine. | 她没事 |
[36:08] | Overwhelmed… | 有些难以接受 |
[36:10] | but fine. | 但无大碍 |
[36:13] | Angry, too. | 她还很气愤 |
[36:16] | You’ve never told her what happened. | 你一直隐瞒她事情原委 |
[36:19] | She never got a chance to apologize, | 她没有机会去道歉 |
[36:21] | make amends, grieve. | 去弥补 去忏悔 |
[36:25] | I know what I did, and I know why I did it. | 我清楚我做了什么 我也清楚其中原因 |
[36:27] | Deep down, Sadie knows, too. | 莎蒂内心深处也明白 |
[36:30] | She knows I love her. | 她知道我爱她 |
[36:32] | Like I told you, I am not the villain. | 就像我说的 我不是坏人 |
[36:35] | All I want is to know | 我只不过想确保 |
[36:38] | that my daughter is taken care of. | 我女儿能好好的 |
[36:40] | There’s an opportunity to do that, | 既然有机会能让她免受伤害 |
[36:42] | – and I don’t want her to miss it. – Fine. | – 我不想就这么错过 – 行 |
[36:44] | But then what? | 但之后呢 |
[36:47] | Your daughter… she’s a tenacious woman. | 你女儿是个女强人 |
[36:51] | And she’ll be rich. | 她会赚大钱 |
[36:53] | So what happens when she wants to start another company? | 那万一她想再创办一家公司怎么办 |
[36:57] | You gonna stand in the way of that one, too? | 你还要再去阻挠吗 |
[36:59] | And the one after that, and the one after that? | 那如果还有第三家 第四家呢 |
[37:02] | Now, look, the jury already knows about the six million. | 听着 陪审团已经知道那六百万的事了 |
[37:05] | You come back into this courtroom, | 你回到法庭 |
[37:08] | and you tell them the truth about what happened, | 告诉他们事情的真相 |
[37:12] | where all the money went, you might win. | 告诉他们那些钱的下落 你可能会胜诉 |
[37:16] | But I doubt that the buyer is gonna shell out for a company | 但我不觉得买家会傻到 |
[37:19] | whose figurehead comes with all that baggage. | 为一个有名无实的公司掏腰包 |
[37:22] | And then, well, so much for financial security. | 关于资金保障就说这么多 |
[37:25] | On the other hand, you keep your secret, | 另一方面 如果你选择保守秘密 |
[37:29] | and then, Sadie will probably walk away with the win, | 那莎蒂可能会轻松胜诉 |
[37:33] | but you will be seen as a criminal | 但人们会视你为一个 |
[37:36] | who took advantage of his daughter’s illness. | 趁着女儿生病 从中牟利的罪犯 |
[37:39] | I can tell you’re trying to convince me of something, | 我知道你在试着说服我什么 |
[37:41] | but I’ll be damned if I know what it is. | 有屁快放 |
[37:43] | I’m trying to convince you to loosen your grip, | 我想说服你别那么倔 |
[37:45] | trust your daughter a little, | 相信你女儿一点 |
[37:47] | ’cause I got a feeling, if you’re willing to do that, | 因为我有预感 如果你愿意这么做 |
[37:50] | I can get Sadie to meet you halfway. | 我就能说服莎蒂也做出让步 |
[37:53] | I understand the parties have reached an agreement. | 我了解到双方已经达成了协议 |
[37:56] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[37:57] | My client has agreed to Mr. Williams’ proposed sale | 我的委托人已经同意威廉先生 |
[38:00] | of her cosmetics company with a few stipulations. | 出售她化妆品公司的计划 附带几个条件 |
[38:03] | And in return, my client has agreed | 作为交换 我的委托人同意 |
[38:04] | to end his daughter’s guardianship. | 终止对他女儿的监护权 |
[38:06] | And this is acceptable to you both? | 对这一结果 你们都能接受吗 |
[38:08] | – It is, Your Honor. – Yes, Your Honor. | – 是的 法官大人 – 对 法官大人 |
[38:11] | Then I ask the attorneys to put this agreement in writing, | 我请律师们记下这一协议内容 |
[38:14] | and we shall conclude these proceedings. | 然后结束这场诉讼了 |
[39:07] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[39:09] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[39:11] | I didn’t mean to frighten you. | 我不是故意要吓你的 |
[39:14] | Note for the future. | 以后记住 |
[39:16] | When you’re trying to not frighten someone, | 如果你不想吓到别人 |
[39:19] | put on some lights. | 记得把灯打开 |
[39:23] | Are you drinking? | 你是喝酒了吗 |
[39:27] | Have you been crying? | 大哭了一场吗 |
[39:30] | No to both. | 都没有 |
[39:32] | Hmm. You texted me. | 你发短信给我 |
[39:35] | You… said you’d set a new client meeting | 说安排了明天一早 |
[39:39] | for early tomorrow morning, | 与新的委托人见面 |
[39:41] | left a file on my desk. | 还说留了份文件在我桌上 |
[39:45] | There is no file on my desk. | 可我桌上没有文件 |
[39:48] | I may have lied about that. | 我可能撒了个小谎 |
[39:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:53] | I just wanted to see you, | 我只是想见见你 |
[39:55] | to talk to you. | 跟你说说话 |
[40:00] | I need a name. | 我需要一个名字 |
[40:02] | A family law attorney, maybe a woman. | 一个家庭法律师 可能是女的 |
[40:05] | I really have very little use for men at the moment. | 现在男人对我来说真的不太受用 |
[40:08] | Present… company excepted, of course. | 当然 公事之外 |
[40:14] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:17] | Are you serving him, or did he serve you? | 是要为你工作 还是为他呢 |
[40:20] | No, no. It’s not for me. | 不不 不是给我的 |
[40:24] | What a relief. | 真是松了口气 |
[40:28] | Why do people always leave? | 为什么人们总是在离开呢 |
[40:32] | All I’ve ever wanted in my life was… | 我这辈子不过是想要… |
[40:35] | someone to cleave to. | 一个可以依靠的人 |
[40:37] | A mother. | 母亲 |
[40:39] | A father. | 父亲 |
[40:41] | A husband. | 或是丈夫 |
[40:44] | Marissa, life is not over. | 玛丽莎 生活还没有结束 |
[40:47] | I know. You’re right. | 我明白 你说得对 |
[40:51] | Life is not over. | 生活还没有结束 |
[40:54] | Every day’s a new day. Mm-hmm. | 每一天都是崭新的一天 |
[40:56] | Every day, you learn something new. | 每一天 你都会学到新的东西 |
[40:58] | Mm. Yes. | 没错 |
[41:00] | Know what I learned today? | 知道我今天学到什么了吗 |
[41:02] | Please don’t make me guess. | 别卖关子了 |
[41:03] | I like scotch. | 我喜欢苏格兰威士忌 |
[41:06] | Well, then, you are in for a treat, | 那你真是捡到便宜了 |
[41:09] | because I know a secret. | 因为我知道一个秘方 |
[41:11] | It’s even better when someone else | 别人倒的酒 |
[41:13] | pours it for you. Shh. | 味道更好哦 |
[41:16] | Preferably in a very dark environment | 最好是在一个四周没什么灯光 |
[41:19] | surrounded by complete strangers. | 全是陌生人的环境里 |
[41:24] | Or failing that… | 那不行的话… |
[41:28] | sitting with an old friend. | 就是和老朋友坐在一起 |
[41:32] | Would you like me to give you a ride home? | 愿意让我我开车送你回家吗 |
[41:36] | Could we stop along the way and test out that | 我们可以中途停下来测试一下 |
[41:38] | “It’s better when someone else pours it for you” theory? | 那个”别人倒酒味道更好”的理论吗 |
[41:41] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[41:44] | And you can tell your friend | 你可以告诉你朋友 |
[41:46] | that I will have a name for her tomorrow morning. | 明天早上我会给她一个名字 |
[41:49] | I may have lied about the friend. | 那个朋友可能是我编的 |
[41:50] | Wow. You had me fooled. | 你骗到我了 |