时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | Dr. Collier would never kill anybody, never. | Collier博士是不会杀人的 绝对不会 |
[00:18] | Uh-huh. Ellen is it? | 恩 |
[00:21] | Ellen Parks. | 你叫Ellen? |
[00:22] | You’re Dr. Collier’s receptionist. | 你是Collier博士的接待员? |
[00:24] | His secretary. | 是他的秘书 |
[00:26] | He’s not a medical doctor, you know. | 他不是什么医学博士 |
[00:28] | He’s an important mathematician. | 他是一位出色的数学家 |
[00:30] | He doesn’t go around killing people. | 不会到处乱杀人的 |
[00:32] | Yeah, well, Ellen, there’s a dead woman lying on the floor of his master bedroom | 是啊 可是 Ellen 现在有具女尸躺在他的主卧室里 |
[00:36] | with a big, big, big gunshot wound in her face. | 脸上有个硕大的枪伤 |
[00:39] | So how do you think that happened if Dr. Collier didn’t kill her? | 如果不是Collier博士杀的人 这又怎么解释? |
[00:44] | You brought his car keys? | 他的车钥匙你带来了吗? |
[00:48] | Any idea where your boss is now? | 知道你老板目前在哪吗? |
[00:50] | On vacation in Hawaii. | 在夏威夷 |
[00:52] | He stayed longer than planned. | 渡假 比计划停留时间要长了点 |
[00:56] | Hey, Flynn. they’re ready. | 嘿 Flynn 他们准备好了 |
[00:58] | We’ll be back in a minute, ok? | 我们一会就回来 好吗? |
[01:00] | – Wanna stay with her? – You got it. | 你陪她一会 没问题 |
[01:03] | I guess Collier never told his cleaning lady he was staying late at the Luau. | 看来Collier没告诉清洁员 他要在夏威夷宴会呆到很晚 |
[01:07] | – Any I.D. on the victim? – Several. | 找到受害人身份证明了吗? 好几份 |
[01:10] | Two driver’s licenses, two passports. | 两份驾驶证 两份护照 |
[01:12] | All fakes, except the pictures have been cut out. | 全是伪造的 不过照片全被挖掉了 |
[01:16] | What? | 什么? |
[01:18] | Let’s hurry along, boys. I got a date and the clock is ticking. | 各位快点吧 我还有事情 时间不等人啊 |
[01:22] | Do we really need these masks? | 我们非要戴上面具? |
[01:23] | I declared her dead from the hallway, but… hey, you decide. | 我可是站在走廊里宣布她死亡的 不过… 嘿 你做主 |
[01:29] | I got rid of the flies, maggots, and ants. | 我清扫掉了苍蝇、蛆和蚂蚁 |
[01:31] | She cleaned up real good. | 现在干净多了 |
[01:32] | You’re a prince. | 你太棒了 |
[01:33] | Flynn – Flynn. – Waters. | |
[01:35] | Robbery-homicide. | 抢劫-谋杀 |
[01:40] | She was naked like that when we got here. | 我们来的时候 她就这样赤裸着 |
[01:42] | Yeah, that’s what they all say, doc. | 是啊 大家都是这么说的 医生 |
[01:43] | Yeah. | 是呀 但你绝对想不到的是 |
[01:45] | And guess what. The shot to the face? | 脸上的枪伤 |
[01:47] | That wasn’t what killed her. | 并不是致命的 |
[01:48] | I’d lift the head and show you, but she’s been dead for 2 weeks now and stuff would fall out. | 我把她头抬起来给你们看看 不过她都死了两个星期了 难免有“东西”脱落 |
[01:52] | So here’s the order. | 情况是这样的 |
[01:54] | Blunt force heavy blows to the back of the head, 4 or 5 of them. | 脑后部钝器猛烈撞击 四、五下 |
[01:57] | Then the hair was cut, clothes were removed, | 然后剃光头发 脱去衣服 |
[01:59] | and boom, someone shot her in the face. | 接着 砰 给脸部来了一枪 |
[02:02] | Looks like love. | 象是情杀 |
[02:08] | Who might you be? | 你是哪位? |
[02:09] | Dr. Tanaka, deputy chief Brenda Johnson, | 田中医生 这位是副警长Brenda Johnson |
[02:12] | head of our new priority murder squad from Atlanta. | 亚特兰大调来的 领导我们的要案特别组 |
[02:14] | Nice to meet you, doctor. | 很高兴见到你 医生 |
[02:15] | And you remember lieutenants Flynn and Waters, don’t you, ma’am? | 想必你也认识副队长Flynn和Waters 是吧 夫人 |
[02:18] | Yes, I do. Nice to see y’all again. | 是的 我都认识 很高兴又见面了 |
[02:20] | Mind if I just jump right in here, doctor? | 不介意我过来插手看看吧 医生 |
[02:24] | Excuse me. | 请让一下 |
[02:26] | Any sign of sexual assault? | 呃 有性侵犯的迹象吗? |
[02:28] | I don’t know, I’m not gonna examine until tomorrow. | 不知道 要明天才验尸 |
[02:30] | I’m just here to declare the victim dead and write it up as a homicide. | 我过来只是宣布一下死亡 归结于谋杀 |
[02:34] | Something a coroner’s attendant usually does, | 通常验尸官的助手就可以搞定了 |
[02:36] | but some asshole at Parker Center insisted on a doctor. | 但是Parker中心的不知道 哪个混蛋非要求派个医生过来 |
[02:38] | Mm-hmm. That asshole would be me. | 恩 那个混蛋就是我 |
[02:42] | Oh. Excuse me. | 哦 对不起 |
[02:52] | Look, doctor. | 你来看一看 医生 |
[02:54] | Just beside the ear canal and on the edge of the lobe. | 就在耳道旁 耳垂边 |
[02:57] | That’s not blood. It’s dried vomit. | 那不是血迹 是风干的呕吐物 |
[03:01] | Killer threw up. | 凶手呕吐了 |
[03:04] | Over here. See? | 在那里 看见了吗? |
[03:07] | The rug’s discolored. | 地毯变色了 |
[03:15] | Someone used detergent here to clean up the vomit. | 有人用清洁剂洗刷掉了呕吐物 |
[03:18] | You might want to move this light and put a marker over here. | 把这个落地灯移走 放个标记在这里 |
[03:21] | This crime doesn’t look premeditated to me. | 我觉得这个不象是蓄谋已久 |
[03:25] | Sorry to interrupt your evenin’, doctor, but I’m gonna have to ask you to expedite this autopsy. | 不好意思打搅你了 医生 可我还得要你加紧完成验尸工作 |
[03:30] | When the body’s ready I’ll go with you to the morgue. | 清理好了后 我和你一起去停尸房 |
[03:32] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[03:37] | Uh, Gabriel, I miss something? | 呃 Gabriel 是我搞错了还是 |
[03:40] | Or is your little priority murder squad taking over the case? | 你的那个要案特别小组要接管我的案子? |
[03:42] | – Is that it? – This is not my idea. Ok? | – 是不是? – 这可不是我的意思 |
[03:44] | This comes directly from assistant chief Pope. | 命令直接来自局长助理Pope |
[03:47] | Pope?! | |
[03:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:53] | I beg your pardon, ma’am. | 打扰一下 女士 |
[03:55] | Yes, lieutenant. | 什么事 副队长 |
[03:57] | I don’t know who you think you are, | 我不知道你是什么来头 |
[03:59] | but we were assigned this case by captain Taylor. | 但是区队长Taylor分配给了我们这个案子 |
[04:06] | Well, there’s been a change of plans. | 那现在计划有变 |
[04:09] | Look, since you’re gettin’ emotional about this, why don’t we- | 你现在这么情绪化 不如我们… |
[04:12] | I don’t get emotional. I am damned angry! | 我不是情绪化 我是他妈的恼火 |
[04:15] | Well, thank you for speaking your mind. | 那就感谢你这么坦诚地说出来 |
[04:17] | Look, I hate to pull rank on my very first week, | 我不想上任第一周就比攀官衔 |
[04:20] | but I think it would be best if you handed your notes over to sergeant Gabriel here, | 但我觉得你还是乖乖地把记录交给Gabriel警官 |
[04:23] | took a deep breath and went on back to your car. | 深呼吸 回到自己的车上去 |
[04:26] | I can get what I need from your partner here. | 有什么事 我自己会找你的搭档们 |
[04:28] | Waters, did you obtain a search warrant for the car and garage? | Waters 搜查车和车库有搜查令吗? |
[04:32] | Hey, Gabriel, | 嘿 Gabriel |
[04:34] | you might explain to deputy chief Brenda Johnson here | 你还是向我们的副警长Brenda Johnson |
[04:37] | that this is a crime scene, | 解释下这里是案发现场 |
[04:39] | that the maid found the body in the bedroom. | 是女仆在卧室发现的尸体 |
[04:41] | in L.A., that’s probable cause and you don’t need a search warrant. | 在洛杉矶 这就是原由 我们不需要搜查令 |
[04:44] | The garage is not attached to the house. The car’s inside the garage. | 这个车库不是和屋子连着的 车也在车库里 |
[04:47] | You need a prior authorization to examine both, so I repeat: | 必须事先得到授权才可以搜查 我再问一遍 |
[04:51] | do you have a warrant? | 你有没有搜查令? |
[04:53] | I’ll take that as a no. | 看来就是没有了 |
[04:54] | Excuse me. Ma’am? | 对不起 女士 |
[04:57] | Did Dr. Collier give you permission to open his garage to strangers? | Collier博士允许你 为外人打开车库了吗? |
[05:04] | No. I didn’t think so. | 没有 我也这么认为的 |
[05:06] | Pardon me! | 对不起 |
[05:07] | Could y’all step away from what you’re doin’ and come out of the garage? | 各位能不能停下手中的活 到车库外面来 |
[05:11] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[05:12] | Look, it’s all one house. | 可这就是整栋房子呀 |
[05:14] | And the guy’s secretary gave us the car keys. | 秘书也给了我们车钥匙 |
[05:16] | No need to be a bitch about it. | 没必要跟个婊子似的 |
[05:19] | Excuse me… lieutenant, | 实在不好意思 副队长 |
[05:21] | but if I liked being called a bitch to my face, I’d still be married. | 要是我喜欢被人当面叫做婊子的话 我说不定还结着婚呢 |
[05:31] | She was ordering my boys around like they were her servants. | 她把我的手下当佣人使唤 |
[05:34] | I need a warrant to look up the victim’s skirt, “y’all.” | 我得要搜查令才能看受害人的裙子 各位 |
[05:38] | Look, Pope, this idea of a priority murder squad – it’s expensive and redundant. | Pope 成立要案特别小组 既花钱又重复劳动 |
[05:43] | These are not objections I heard when the squad reported to you. | 小组向你汇报的时候 我怎么没听见你说这些反对意见 |
[05:45] | When the squad reported to me, it wasn’t undercutting my authority as captain of robbery-homicide. | 小组向我汇报时 并没有削弱我作为抢劫-谋杀组队长的权威 |
[05:50] | And to bring this girl-woman-person- | 现在让这个女孩 女人 人 |
[05:52] | whatever it is we’re supposed to call them nowadays- | 不管那么多了拉– 听着 |
[05:54] | Listen, taylor, we tried running the squad your way, | Taylor 我们试过让你领导小组 |
[05:56] | and we ended up with a 20-year veteran of the department indicted for perjury, | 结果呢 部门里的一位20年老手被起诉作伪证 |
[06:00] | and the murderer was off doin’ interviews with Larry King. | 凶手却跑去做拉里・金访谈节目 |
[06:03] | We’re handing too many of these celebrity cases off to the D.A. with less than compelling evidence, | 很多名人案件送到地方法院检查官那 却没什么令人信服的证据 |
[06:07] | especially when these big defense lawyers get involved… | 尤其是有大牌辩护律师加入… |
[06:11] | Sliding back into O. J. territory. | 一个个都想作成O.J.辛普森大案 |
[06:13] | Are you telling me some computer geek like Collier is a celebrity? | 难道你认为一个电脑怪才Collier也是名人? |
[06:17] | This Collier’s developed an antipiracy program that his boss Dr. Harlan Brown, | 可就是这个Collier编制出反盗版的程序 他的老板就是Harlan Brown博士 |
[06:21] | fourth richest man in america, by the way- I just mention that in passing- | 提醒一下,他是全美排名第四的富人– 我也就顺便提一下– |
[06:24] | an antipiracy computer program that he values at around a half a trillion dollars. | 这个反盗版的程序据他估计得值5千亿美元 |
[06:30] | Giving her this case is a judgment on my ability. | 把案子给她是对我能力的质疑 |
[06:33] | No. It’s an acknowledgement that we the department, | 不 |
[06:36] | need more specialization. | 说明我们部门需要专业化的人 |
[06:39] | Brenda is a C.I.A. – trained interrogator | Brenda接受过中央情报局训练 是出色的审讯者 |
[06:41] | with excellent references from the Atlanta Police Department | 亚特兰大警察局推荐信里也赞不绝口 |
[06:44] | and a reputation for getting confessions that lead directly to convictions. | 更有着能从供词直接定罪的美名 |
[06:48] | She worked for me in Washington and I’m tellin’ you, | 她曾经在华盛顿为我工作过 我可以告诉你 她不是什么… |
[06:50] | she’s not Miss Congeniality, I’m aware of that but she is a closer. | 选美警花 这个我很清楚 但是她是名罪案终结者 |
[06:55] | Now, the chief wants this to happen and I’m gonna do it. | 现在局长要求了 我自然就照办 |
[06:57] | And hear me… | 你也听好了 |
[06:59] | because if that means I have to transfer or demote people to get it done… | 如果非要调人或降职才行得通的话… |
[07:03] | that’s exactly what I’ll do. | 我会毫不犹豫地去这么做 |
[07:05] | Guys work all their lives to make deputy chief. | 大家拼了老命在努力 想当上副警长 |
[07:08] | I’ve given L.A.P.D. 21 years. | 我在洛杉矶警察局干了21年 |
[07:12] | And she waltzes in here from 3,000 miles away, | 她却从3000里远的地方飘过来 |
[07:15] | not a day of experience on our beat, | 没在我们区干过一天 |
[07:17] | and she outranks me? | 现在官衔却比我还高 |
[07:18] | You know the rules. | 你也知道规矩 |
[07:19] | She either starts as a rookie officer or a deputy chief. | 要么是新手 要么就是副职 |
[07:22] | There was nothing in-between. | 没有中间的职务 |
[07:25] | She doesn’t have a sixth-floor office. She’s not included in conference. | 她在六楼没有办公室 也不列席会议 |
[07:29] | She’s a deputy chief in name only. | 她是名义上的副警长 |
[07:32] | Well, she sure isn’t actin’ like that. | 可她不是这么做的 |
[07:37] | You might find this helpful, sir… | 也许这些对你有用 长官… |
[07:40] | when you’re thinkin’ about who you want to transfer or demote | 当你考虑为了小组的运作 |
[07:43] | to make your little murder squad work. | 要调离某人或者降某人的职的时候 |
[08:13] | Hi, mama. | 嘿 妈妈 |
[08:16] | No. No, I was just waitin’ for my ride. | 没有 没有 我在等车来接我 |
[08:19] | Oh, no, they gave me a car. I just don’t know my way around here yet. | 给了 他们给了辆车 我只是还不认识路 |
[08:24] | Well, big. | 呃 挺大的 |
[08:26] | Everything’s… | 好象都分散开来似的 |
[08:28] | spread out all over the place. | |
[08:31] | It’s beautiful. | 风景迷人 |
[08:33] | Sunny. | 阳光明媚 |
[08:35] | Oh, I’m fine, just… | 哦 我很好 只是… |
[08:38] | everyone around here’s so perfect-lookin’, that’s all. | 这里人人看上去都很不错 |
[08:42] | Well… thank you, mama, but I’m not. | 呃 妈妈 谢谢你 |
[08:47] | Yep. | 可我还没有 呃 好的 |
[08:50] | Last night. My first investigation. | 昨晚 我第一个案子 |
[08:53] | Mama, look, you always ask me that and when I tell you, you’re always horrified, | 妈妈 你总是问我这个 我告诉你了吧 你又总是吓坏了 |
[08:57] | and it ends up being an argument about what I do for a livin’. | 到最后就变成讨论我该如何生计的问题了 |
[09:00] | It’s just too late to go back and try the ballet. | 现在再去跳芭蕾舞太迟了 |
[09:03] | No, I’m-I’m not mad. I just- I just don’t have time for a life discussion, that’s all. | 没有 我没生气 就是– 就是没时间谈论人生问题 |
[09:09] | So. No. You tell daddy that I’ll call him back. | 你告诉爸爸 我会给他打电话的 |
[09:12] | Mama, my ride is here. | 妈妈 |
[09:14] | My ride is here. | 我的车来了 |
[09:15] | My ride. | 我的车来了 我的车 |
[09:16] | Ok. | 好的 |
[09:19] | Ok. You, too. Bye. | 好的 你也是 拜 |
[09:26] | Dr. Collier deleted his entire employment record. | Collier博士删除了所有的员工记录 |
[09:29] | So. We have no picture and no fingerprints. What about the DMV? | 这么说我们没有照片 也没有指纹 车管局那呢? |
[09:33] | Never had a California driver’s license. | 从来没有加州的驾驶证 |
[09:35] | Medical records? | 医疗记录? |
[09:36] | He had himself listed as a christian scientist, so no checkups. | 他自己称是信仰基督的科学家 所以没有体检 |
[09:39] | And all the surveillance cameras at his company, video gets taped over after 2 weeks. | 还有公司的监控录象 带子每两周就洗掉重拍了 |
[09:43] | Great. So. This murder may not have been premeditated, but this disappearance was. | 很好 看来谋杀不是蓄谋的 但是失踪是蓄谋的 |
[09:51] | This can’t be right. | 这个不可能 |
[09:54] | The victim’s prints are everywhere in Collier’s house… | Collier屋子里到处都有受害人的指纹… |
[09:58] | In his car, in his office, too. | 还有车里 办公室 |
[10:01] | But Collier’s prints are nowhere? | 惟独没有Collier本人的指纹? |
[10:05] | How did he manage that? | 这个他是怎么做到的? |
[10:09] | Where’s the financial report? | 财务报告呢? |
[10:11] | Can you wait until the banks open? | 你能不能等到银行开门了再说? |
[10:17] | We need information off Dr. Collier’s office computers and access to his professional e-mail. | 我们需要Collier博士公司电脑上的信息 还有他的电子邮件 |
[10:21] | I already asked for that stuff, his company won’t cooperate. | 我去找了 可公司不肯合作 |
[10:28] | I’m sorry if you’re tired, sergeant. | 让你累着了 不好意思 警官 |
[10:31] | I’m not tired… chief. | 我不累 警长 |
[10:41] | I – I can’t. Look, I gotta go. | 我不行 嘿 我得挂了 |
[10:43] | Chief? | 警长?警长 警长 |
[10:44] | Chie – uh, chief. | 警长?警长 警长 |
[10:49] | How are you today, detective Tao? | 今天如何啊 陶探长 |
[10:51] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[10:52] | Oh. I mean… fine. | 什么? 哦 我啊 我很好 |
[10:55] | Sorry. Um… I was doin’ some background on Dr. Collier? | 对不起 我在查Collier博士的背景资料 |
[11:00] | I found his mother this morning. | 早上我找到他母亲了 |
[11:03] | The Elliott Collier with this social security number died… | 有这个社会福利号码的这个人早死了… |
[11:08] | when he was 19. | 19岁的时候死的 |
[11:11] | Who is this guy? | 他究竟是什么人? |
[11:15] | All right, detective Tao, thank you very much. | 好吧 陶探长 非常感谢 |
[11:23] | Ok, everybody, I hope you finished your breakfast. | 好了 各位 希望你们都吃完早餐了 |
[11:26] | We got an autopsy report to go over everybody, listen up. | 我们来看看验尸报告 |
[11:29] | Will… | 仔细听好了 |
[11:31] | I didn’t know you were gonna be in here today. | 我不知道你今天要过来 |
[11:34] | Don’t look at any of this… | 别看这些.. |
[11:36] | Such a mess. | 一团糟 |
[11:37] | Um… I didn’t know you were coming in here. | 我不知道你今天要过来 |
[11:41] | Don’t look at this. | 千万别看这些 |
[11:44] | So. Uh, what’s up? | 那么什么事? |
[11:47] | Uh, I have something I have to show you. | 有点东西你得看看 |
[11:50] | Ok. The marks here on the back of the head | 脑后部的这个口子 |
[11:53] | come from a small cube-like object with a density of granite. | 是由一个立方体似的小物体造成的 密度大概和花岗岩相当 |
[11:57] | Those are requests for transfer back to robbery-homicide… | 这些是调回抢劫-谋杀小组的请求… |
[12:01] | from every single member of your squad. | 都来自你小队的每个成员 |
[12:09] | Now the first blow landed as the victim was turning. | 受害人在转身的时候遭受了第一击 |
[12:15] | And then the others came after she had already fallen. | 倒地后又接连遭受重击 |
[12:19] | I think captain Taylor put ’em up to it. | 我想应该是Taylor队长怂恿他们的 |
[12:22] | But… | 显然我们低估了让一个外人 |
[12:23] | truthfully we may have underestimated the difficulty | |
[12:26] | of having this new murder squad run by… someone from outside. | 来领导这个小组而遇到的阻力 |
[12:33] | I would completely understand if you decided this was… | 你要是觉得这简直欺人太甚 |
[12:37] | more than you want to put up with. | 我也很理解 |
[12:45] | Will, I sold my house. | Will 我卖了房子 |
[12:48] | I turned down a position at homeland security, | 谢绝了国土安全局的邀请 |
[12:52] | which I’m sure is no longer available. | 现在那个职位肯定被人占了 |
[12:56] | If I lose this job… | 如果我丢了这份工作… |
[12:59] | After the ethics inquiry I was put through in Atlanta… | 想想当时在亚特兰大接受职业道德讯问时,… |
[13:11] | You know, | 他们不喜欢我 |
[13:13] | they may dislike me ’cause I’m new and… | 也许是因为我是新手… |
[13:16] | because captain Taylor doesn’t want me here. | 因为Taylor队长不希望我在这 |
[13:18] | Relax, Will, because… | 放松点 Will 因为… |
[13:20] | once I get to work and they see me in action, | 一旦我工作起来 他们看见我工作时的样子 |
[13:22] | they’ll have a whole list of other reasons to hate my guts. | 他们会有一大堆其他的原因恨我 |
[13:32] | About 12 years ago the victim had breast reduction surgery | 大约12年前 受害人接受过缩胸手术 |
[13:35] | as well as work done along the jaw line. | 下巴也动过手术 |
[13:38] | Indications are she had a nose job as well. | 鼻子也整过 |
[13:40] | Which means she was serious about changin’ her appearance. | 也就是说她很在意改变自己的外貌 |
[13:44] | So, what do we know about this crime, really? | 那么 这个案子我们又了解多少呢? |
[13:46] | Or the motive Dr. Collier had for committin’ it? Not much. | 或者说Collier博士杀人的动机? 没多少 |
[13:50] | No sign of sexual abuse. We have a slug from a.44 magnum, | 没有性侵犯的迹象 点44口径的沙漠之鹰 弹壳一个 |
[13:54] | which detective lieutenant Provenza might walk down to firearms analysis | Provenza探长也许能拿到枪械分析处 |
[13:58] | to see if markings match up to any known criminal weapons. | 看看是不是能和现有的凶器匹配上 |
[14:02] | And, detective… Garth… | 还有 Garth探长… |
[14:05] | you could assemble Collier’s finances. Might be somethin’ there. | 也可以搜集下Collier的财务记录 说不定就有线索 |
[14:09] | Detective Sanchez and detective Daniels, | Sanchez探长和Daniels探长 |
[14:11] | if you could join detective lieutenant Tao puttin’ together a more complete picture of this guy. | 烦请你们两位和陶探长一起 绘制出一幅更加详细的照片 |
[14:16] | And… keep sergeant Gabriel informed of your progress… | 也随时向Gabriel警官汇报进度… |
[14:21] | because we need to focus on progress… | 因为我们的重点就在进度上…女士和先生们 |
[14:24] | lady and gentlemen. | |
[14:27] | ‘Cause all we have right now is a woman we can’t identify… | 因为我们现在有一个不明身份的女人… |
[14:30] | murdered by a man who doesn’t exist. | 被一个不存在的男人杀死了 |
[14:45] | Allowing you access to Dr. Brown’s computer systems | 允许你进入Brown博士的电脑的同时 你也进入了新的加密系统 |
[14:48] | also gives you entry into the new encryption program. | 这个我们做不到 |
[14:52] | Can’t do it. | 再说了 你们怀疑 |
[14:54] | And besides the idea that – that Dr. Collier murdered anyone is absurd. | Collier博士杀人的想法简直太荒唐了 可是你的人在哪里呢 Banks先生? |
[14:59] | So, where’s your client, Mr. Banks? | 为什么他压根没出现在夏威夷的旅馆? |
[15:01] | How come he never showed up in his hotel room in Hawaii? | Elliott Collier是个天才人物 |
[15:03] | Look, Elliott Collier is a genius. | 有点做作 |
[15:06] | A little affected, a bit, uh, reclusive | 喜欢独处 可绝对不是杀人犯 |
[15:09] | but he’s not a murderer. | “做作”是什么意思? |
[15:10] | What do you mean, “affected”? | 就象Steven Jobs |
[15:12] | Well, like Steven Jobs. | 你知道他 是吧 |
[15:14] | You know who he is, don’t you? One of the founders of Apple computer? | 苹果电脑公司的创始人之一 |
[15:17] | Well, Mr. Jobs almost always wears khakis and black turtlenecks in to work. | Jobs先生几乎总要穿 土黄色的卡其服和高翻领衣去上班 |
[15:22] | And Elliott copies him in that. | Elliott也模仿他 |
[15:25] | And he’s… terrified of colds. | 他还…害怕…流感 碰任何人的键盘之前 |
[15:27] | He always puts on plastic gloves before he’ll touch anybody else’s keyboard. | 他总要带上橡胶手套 这是一种难以抑制的冲动和执着吗? |
[15:31] | Now, is this obsessive-compulsive behavior? Yes. | 是的 但天才往往就是这样 |
[15:35] | But it comes with real genius, Ms. Johnson. | Johnson女士 Collier的程序可以说是 |
[15:39] | Dr. Collier’s program may be the most profitable innovation in internet technology since e-mail. | 自从电子邮件发明以来最赚钱的发明了 |
[15:44] | And how much will this antipiracy program be worth | 那么这个反盗版程序又会价值多少 如果这个所谓的Collier博士失踪了 |
[15:47] | if this so-called Dr. Collier disappears and we can’t find him? | 我们也找不到他 如果这样子的话 |
[15:51] | Under those circumstances I’d say your encryption program’s probably worth… | 你们的加密程序就会… 一无所值 |
[15:55] | oh, air in a jug. | 喔 等等 |
[15:56] | Uh, whoa. Whoa. What do you mean by “so-called”? | “所谓的”是什么意思? 盗用Elliott |
[16:00] | The man usin’ the name Elliott Collier created that identity | Collier这个名字的人 其实是用的别人的社会福利号码 |
[16:03] | by stealin’ the social security number of a teenager who died in 1989. | 一个死于1999年的少年 不过怎么样 |
[16:08] | So whatever you do… don’t let Dr. Collier pay you by credit card. | 可千万别让Collier博士用信用卡结帐 |
[16:12] | Ms. Johnson… | Johnson女士 我的律师事务所里有两位 |
[16:14] | my law firm includes 2 members of the L.A.P.D. police commission. | 是洛杉矶警察局警务委员会的成员 |
[16:18] | Don’t begin your tenure by antagonizing me. | 你上任后最好别和我作对 等等 |
[16:21] | Wait. Wait. This-this suggestion that Elliott isn’t who he said he was- | 怀疑Elliott是假借他人身份 有没有可能你们搞错了? |
[16:24] | Now, isn’t it possible that you’re mistaken? | 有可能的是 先生 |
[16:29] | What’s possible, sir, is that when I release this information to the media, | 当我把这个消息透露给媒体时 |
[16:33] | I can forcefully express my shock at how a company whose entire reason for existin’ | 我会感到十分震惊 |
[16:38] | is to make things more secure, | 一个致力于安全第一的公司 每天却被自己的员工 |
[16:39] | but has been deceived on a daily basis by its most valuable employee… | 一个最有价值的员工 蒙蔽着 |
[16:45] | What will that do to the share value of your stock? | 不知道这对贵公司的股票市价有何影响 |
[16:49] | I need Dr. Brown to sign that waiver | 我需要Brwon博士签了这份弃权书 |
[16:52] | allowin’ us to search Collier’s office and computers. | 允许我们搜查Collier的办公室和电脑 |
[16:54] | Or I can… | 否则我就举行记者招待会 |
[16:56] | call a press conference. It’s up to you. | 你看着办吧 |
[17:06] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[17:12] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[17:13] | I’m walkin’ this slug through whether you like it or not. | 管你高不高兴 我都得送这个弹壳检验 |
[17:15] | You think so? Over my dead body. | 你想的美 除非我死了 |
[17:16] | Let me tell you somethin’. | 那我就和你说点事 我在这个部门这么久了 我才不愿意扯入什么政治斗争 |
[17:17] | I’ve been in this department too long to get mixed up in this political bullshit! | 我在这个部门这么久了 我才不愿意扯入什么政治斗争 |
[17:22] | – I’ll tell you what, Taylor. – You’ll tell me what? | 我就告诉你吧 Taylor |
[17:24] | – Yeah, I’ll tell you what! – I can’t hear you. | 你告诉我? 对 我告诉你个屁 我怎么听不到 |
[17:26] | ‘Cause you ain’t sayin’ nothin’! | 因为你压根没放屁 |
[17:28] | What the hell is goin’ on here? | 这里怎么回事? |
[17:29] | My men have cases been waitin’ 3, 4 weeks down here, | 我的人等着要处理 都三、四个星期了 |
[17:32] | and they’re gonna push past ’em? No, no, no! | 他们想跳过我们先来 没门 没门 |
[17:34] | I requested a transfer back to robbery-homicide. | 我要求调回抢劫-谋杀小组 |
[17:36] | Ok, do not screw with me, Gabriel. You wanted this job. | 好 别再烦我 Gabriel 当初你要加入的 |
[17:38] | You campaigned for it. | 还游说了一通 |
[17:39] | I still have your thank-you note. | 我还留着你的感谢条呢 |
[17:41] | Give me the slug and move on. | 把弹壳给我 走人 |
[17:43] | Come on, come on, come on. | 快点 快点 |
[17:45] | Bye, Provenza. | 再见 Provenza |
[17:46] | Everybody, let’s go. Come on, go catch some bad guys. | 大伙都散了 有本事抓坏人去 |
[17:52] | – Now, look. – You haven’t let me explain my side. | 你听好了 我还没解释什么呢 |
[17:54] | I’m not interested in your side. | 对你的解释 我不感兴趣 |
[17:56] | You have no idea of the heat we’re taking on this case. | 你还不知道这个案子是个烫手山芋吧 |
[17:58] | I’m fielding calls from senators. That’s plural. | 我一直在接听参议员们的电话 注意是复数 参议员们 |
[18:01] | Senators. | 现在Collier在逃 |
[18:03] | Collier gets away, someone is gonna be held accountable, | 总得有人负责任 |
[18:05] | so why don’t you back off? | 我看你还是歇歇吧 |
[18:07] | Because if this case has to crash and burn, | 因为万一这个案子垮了 没解决 |
[18:09] | I’m guessing you would prefer that Brenda do that all by herself. | 我想你宁愿砸到的只有Brenda吧 |
[18:13] | I don’t know what you’re implying, sir, | 我不知道你在暗示什么 长官 |
[18:15] | but I would never deliberately screw up a murder investigation. | 但是我绝对不会故意阻扰谋杀案的调查 |
[18:20] | Yeah. Right. | 那就好 |
[18:23] | Now, do you have a problem with me cutting in line? | 那么 我插个队 你没意见吧? |
[18:31] | Not at all, sir. | 没有意见 长官 |
[18:35] | Not at all. | 没有意见 |
[18:41] | Dr. Collier transferred nearly every dollar he made | Collier博士几乎把自己赚的每分钱 |
[18:45] | into accounts connected to the victim’s aliases. | 都转到死者的各个帐户上 |
[18:48] | I mean, Collier pays a lease on his house, the gas, the electric, the phone. | Collier博士也就付点房租、水电费和电话费 |
[18:52] | the rest goes mostly to our Jane Doe. Like here- | 其他的全都划到我们的无名女尸的帐户上 看这里– |
[18:55] | 3 days before he leaves, Collier transfers everything he has left | 在Collier离开的前三天 他把他所有的钱 |
[18:58] | into two of the victim’s bank accounts. | 都转移到死者的两个户头上 |
[19:00] | Sounds like blackmail. | |
[19:01] | Except why would he transfer money to her when he’s plannin’ on disappearin’? | 有点象勒索 可是既然他都打算失踪了 |
[19:05] | Hey. He didn’t get rid of everything. | 干吗还转帐给她呢? 嘿 看来他也不是什么都没留下 |
[19:12] | Tech services is sending over a couple things. Help yourself. | 技术部门正在传东西过来 |
[19:21] | No one gets in or out of his company’s secure area without an iris scan. | 随便吃 这个公司进出都要进行虹膜扫描 |
[19:26] | Hey… does the iris have any identifying characteristics, | 嘿 |
[19:30] | you know, like a limp or a, you know, talk with an accent or something? | 那么这个虹膜有什么特征吗? 就象走路瘸啊 |
[19:34] | Children… in the land of no evidence, | 说话带口音什么的 |
[19:36] | the left eye iris is king. | 孩子们 在没有证据的时候 |
[19:38] | He’s our friend. We’re calling him Max. | 左眼的虹膜就是国王 |
[19:42] | Oh. And I have these. | 他就是我们的朋友 我们叫他“Max” |
[19:44] | Mash notes to his secretary. | 噢 还有这些 |
[19:45] | >From Dr. Collier’s e-mail accounts. | 给秘书的调情信 |
[19:47] | “Ellen, I cannot tell you how much last night meant. | Collier的电子邮件里的 |
[19:50] | When your lips touched mine…” | “Ellen 我难以表达昨夜之状 |
[19:52] | Oh! This she didn’t mention. | 你的双唇接触到我的双唇…” |
[19:56] | Uh… | 噢 这个她可没和我们说过 |
[19:58] | run it through the system and see what we have on Ellen Parks. | 查一下系统 |
[20:02] | With a little cross around her neck. | 看看Ellen Parks的情况 |
[20:08] | Now, what if Ellen found out her boss was living with another woman? | 有她好受的了 |
[20:11] | And killed her in a jealous rage? | 有没有可能Ellen发现 他的老板和别的女人住在一起 |
[20:13] | And what happened to Dr. Collier? | 然后由于嫉妒就杀了她? |
[20:16] | No. It’s more likely she helped him escape. But is she helpin’ him now? | 但是Collier博士又去哪里了呢? 感觉是她帮助了他逃跑 |
[20:22] | Maybe Dr. Collier was planning on going off with this woman, | 但是她现在是不是也在维护他? 也许Collier博士打算和那个女的一起走 |
[20:24] | and, Ellen killed both of them. | Ellen一气之下就把他们俩全杀了 |
[20:31] | Yeah? You wanted somethin’? | 呃? |
[20:33] | Uh… what happened to the slug? You get anything back from firearms analysis? | 有事找我? |
[20:38] | Didn’t college boy here tell you? | 弹壳分析的如何了? 有什么结果了吗? |
[21:01] | Don’t I even warrant a return call before you head home to the beautiful and lovely Estelle? | 这个小子没告诉你? 记得有人答应在回家见老婆之前 |
[21:05] | I was gonna get back to you from the car. | 要给我回电话的 |
[21:08] | I have dinner plans. | 我是打算在车上给你打的 |
[21:09] | Oh, sounds vaguely familiar, doesn’t it? | 晚餐有约 |
[21:12] | Me waitin’ to hear from you, you off with your wife. | 哦 听上去…好熟悉 |
[21:16] | Different city. | 我在这等你的回电 你却和妻子快活了 |
[21:17] | Different wife, | 不是同一个城市 |
[21:18] | but still… | 也不是同一个老婆 |
[21:23] | The FBI hadn’t gotten back to me on our Jane Doe’s prints. | 但是… |
[21:26] | – That could take a week. – Maybe not. | 联邦调查局还没查到无名女尸的指纹 |
[21:27] | I got a lot of friends there. | 那要一周时间 也许不用 |
[21:29] | But not hearin’ from them makes the firearm analysis more important. | 我有朋友在那 |
[21:32] | So… where is it? | 但是目前还没接到消息 所以弹壳分析显得尤为重要 |
[21:34] | I – I don’t have it yet. | 报告在哪里? |
[21:36] | But I moved you to the head of the line. | 我还没有 |
[21:38] | And I made it clear that’s where you belong. | 但是我已经把你的案子放到第一个了 |
[21:42] | Brenda, I just upheld your authority. | 而且声明不得拖延 |
[21:45] | This is where you thank me. | Brenda 我刚刚可是支持了你的领导 |
[21:46] | You promised me there wouldn’t be any question about my authority. | 你就在这感谢我? |
[21:49] | Every time I turn around, I’m havin’ to remind people that I go first. | 可是你答应不再会有人对我的领导提出质疑 |
[21:53] | Makes me really popular. | 每次离开 |
[21:56] | Well, why do you always push harder than necessary? | 我都要提醒他们我先走 |
[21:58] | I mean, what does this slug have to do with anything, really? | 真是让我出了名了 可你为什么要作不必要的逼迫? |
[22:01] | Because the more I find out about the victim and Dr. Collier, | 那个弹壳和这个案子有多大的关系? |
[22:04] | the more they have in common. | 因为对受害人和Collier博士的了解越多 |
[22:06] | I think somehow they were partners. They were both… livin’ together. | 我发现他们的共同处也越多 我觉得他们以前可能是搭档 |
[22:09] | They were dropout artists, both obsessed with hidin’ their identities. | 曾住在一起 他们东躲西藏,喜欢掩藏自己的身份 |
[22:13] | And why do people do that, Will? Probably ’cause they’re criminals. | 什么样的人喜欢这样做呢 Will? |
[22:16] | And the bullet that was fired in the victim’s head, | 他们很可能是罪犯 |
[22:18] | that could’ve been fired from a gun used in another crime, | 射入受害人脸部的子弹 |
[22:20] | one that the victim or Dr. Collier changed their identities to escape. | 很可能来自以前别的案子里使用过的枪 就是受害人和Collier博士曾参与的案子 |
[22:24] | That slug could tell me who they are. | 弹壳就能告诉你他们的身份 Will |
[22:28] | Look, Will, now is no time to go all wobbly on me. | 现在可不是对我失去信心的时候 Brenda |
[22:31] | Brenda, you have my total support, you know that. | 我全力支持你 你是知道的 |
[22:36] | I just- | 我只是– |
[22:40] | Well, there’s a problem with your management style that I did not anticipate. | 你的领导风格上有点问题 我没预料到 |
[22:45] | And I can’t change the way these guys feel about you. | 我也不能去改变别人对你的看法 |
[22:48] | You’re the one person I was countin’ on. | 你是我唯一相信的人 |
[22:49] | Ok, no, no, no. What – wait a minute. That’s not fair. | 别 别 别 怎么– 等一下 这不公平 |
[22:52] | I know what you’re up to. | 我知道你在耍什么花招 |
[22:53] | You’ve always played both sides of the fence. | 你是墙头草 两边倒 |
[22:56] | And I can just hear you now with Taylor… “back off.” | 我都能想象的出 你和Taylor说什么 别插手 让她负全责 |
[22:58] | Brenda, that’s – you’re just being paranoid. | 别这样 你是知道… |
[23:00] | Come on, you know… | 你知道我是… |
[23:02] | You know how much… I admire you. | 多么的敬佩你 |
[23:07] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[23:10] | Yeah. That’s the problem. I do know. | 是啊 就是这个问题 我知道 |
[23:15] | You have led me on, Will, again. | 你故意在顺着我 Will 又一次 |
[23:17] | Which you’ve always done with women and it’s forgivable from a personal standpoint | 跟女人你总是这样 虽然从个人角度来说 是可以原谅 |
[23:21] | but this is my life. You’re screwin’ with! | 可现在你在破坏我的生活 |
[23:24] | My life! | 我的生活 |
[23:28] | I want that slug back… and I want that report. | 我要那个弹头… |
[23:41] | Have a nice dinner. | 还有检验报告 晚餐愉快 |
[23:50] | Working with the portrait artist putting together a picture of Dr. Collier, | 和绘头像的专家一起 画了张Collier博士的头像图 |
[23:53] | but she knows something’s up. | 但她有所察觉了 |
[23:55] | Volunteers on weekends for work in her parish. | 周末在自己的教区做志愿者 |
[23:57] | Never married. One arrest. | 未婚 被捕一次 天啊 |
[24:00] | Oh, great. In front of a planned parenthood clinic. Lovely. | 还是在一个计划生育诊所前被捕 真是太好了 |
[24:06] | All right, you’ve been with her all day so you can stay with me. | 你和她呆了一天了 你就留下来和我进去 |
[24:08] | But just smile and look reassurin’. | 微笑 装作没事的样子 |
[24:10] | And, uh, sergeant Gabriel, you can go on home. | Gabriel警员 你可以回家了 |
[24:13] | I’ll be drivin’ myself to work from now on. | 从现在起 我自己开车上班 |
[24:16] | Excuse me. Ma’am, can I talk to you for a second, please? | 对不起 女士 能和你单独说话吗? |
[24:27] | I should be in this interview. | 我应当参加审讯 |
[24:29] | I don’t need you. | 我不需要你 |
[24:31] | Ok, can I say something? | 我能说句话吗? |
[24:32] | You are taking this business about people asking to go back to robbery-homicide way too personal. | 你似乎对大伙要求调回抢劫-谋杀组一事 耿耿于怀 |
[24:37] | It’s just-nobody… | 其实 没有人… |
[24:39] | Nobody should’ve come in our department the way you did. | 没有人象你这样 大摇大摆地到我们部门来 |
[24:42] | You know? And another thing. Captain Taylor? | 另外还有Taylor队长的事 |
[24:44] | I know you’ve had your trouble with him, but he’s a great guy. | 我知道你和他有点过节 但他是个好人 |
[24:46] | All right? He got the L.A.P.D. to pay for my masters at U.S.C., | 他让警局资助我在南加州大学读硕士 |
[24:49] | and he got me my first promotion. | 他还为我争取到了我第一个晋升 |
[24:51] | – If you give him a- – Sergeant Gabriel, um… | 如果你能… Gabriel警官 呃… |
[24:53] | I think I’m old enough to drive myself to work without being thought vindictive. | 我想我这么大年纪了要求自己开车 不至于被认为是报复你吧 |
[24:56] | Ok, all right, that is not what I meant by- | 不是 我不是这个意思 |
[24:58] | And as far as captain Taylor is concerned, I should probably explain that I do not form | 就Taylor的所作所为而言 我应该向你说明 |
[25:01] | my relationships with people based on how they’re treatin’ you. | 我和别人建立关系不是基于他们如何对待你 |
[25:05] | That would be your mother, maybe. | 也许你母亲才会这么做 |
[25:09] | It’s just that… you worked late last night, that’s all. | 只不过你昨天晚上熬夜了需要休息 就这么简单 |
[25:12] | Go home and get some sleep, and I’ll see you tomorrow. | 回家睡上一觉 明天见 |
[25:17] | Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. | 有精神 机灵点 |
[25:26] | Oh. Thank you very much… detective Daniels. | 噢 非常感谢 Daniels探长 |
[25:31] | All right, then. | 好了 |
[25:33] | Hello, Ellen. Thank you so much for your help. | 你好 Ellen 非常感谢你的帮助 |
[25:39] | Oh, I love your cross! It’s very pretty. | 噢 我喜欢你的十字架 真漂亮 |
[25:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:44] | My mother gave it to me when I was thinking of becoming a nun, | 以前想过出家做修女 我妈妈送给我的 |
[25:48] | which is funny, actually, because she was so against it at the time. | 说起来倒挺滑稽的 因为那个时候她反对我当修女 |
[25:54] | Your mother didn’t want you to be a nun? | 你母亲不想让你当修女? |
[25:56] | She’s a bit of a church activist, isn’t she? | 好象她是宗教活动人士吧 是吗? |
[25:59] | Well, we’re… very pro life. Yes. | 呃 我们…我们热爱生活 |
[26:02] | But… I guess there’s a difference… | 没错 但是我觉得 |
[26:05] | between living by the church’s teachings, | 信奉宗教信条 我们也确实这么做的 |
[26:09] | which we do, and, uh… | 和 于外界完全隔离 |
[26:12] | withdrawing completely from the world. | 还是有区别的 |
[26:14] | Well… if you ask me, the world… | 如果你要问我这个世界… |
[26:16] | – ‘Scuse me. – …shape right now. | 让一下 是什么样子的 |
[26:18] | We could do with a few more people wearin’ crosses. | 我们确实需要更多的人从事宗教活动 |
[26:21] | So, your mother didn’t mind you working for Dr. Collier? | 那么你母亲不介意你为Collier博士工作? |
[26:25] | No. No. | 不介意 不介意 |
[26:28] | So she met him, then? | 这么说你母亲见过他了? |
[26:29] | He passed the all-important mother test? | 通过了母亲这一关? |
[26:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:34] | So, you still live with your mother. | 你还和母亲住在一起? |
[26:36] | Yes. | 是的 父亲在我15岁的时候就去世了 |
[26:38] | My father died when I was 15. | 所以 我… |
[26:41] | – So… I… – Come on, come on. show her the e-mails. | 快点 快点 给她看电子邮件 |
[26:43] | Help with the mortgage and stuff like that. | 帮忙处理抵押什么的 |
[26:47] | So, you had a relationship with Dr. Collier outside the office? | 那么除了同事关系以外 你们也有关系了? |
[26:51] | A friendship. | 朋友关系 |
[26:52] | Oh, I-I assumed that… it was more than that, | 哦 我以为不止朋友关系呢 |
[26:56] | because you had keys to his house, so I-I just assumed that… | 因为你连他家的钥匙都有了 所以 我也就以为… |
[27:02] | Oh. No. | 哦 不是 |
[27:05] | He would give me keys when he would go on vacation. | 他出去渡假的时候就会给我钥匙 |
[27:07] | But… the keys didn’t indicate that there was anything romantic. | 但是…给钥匙并不意味着 意味着什么爱情 |
[27:13] | I’ve actually never dated anyone… | 其实我从来就没约过…约过人 |
[27:17] | ever. So… | |
[27:20] | Well… | 啊 |
[27:22] | I’m so glad to hear that. Because if you were datin’ him, | 很高兴听你这么说 因为如果你是在和他约会的话 |
[27:25] | then the question I’m about to ask you might hurt your feelings. | 我要问的问题就很可能伤害到你的感情 |
[27:28] | Did you know that Dr. Collier was livin’ with the victim? | 你知道Collier博士和受害人住在一起吗? |
[27:33] | No. | 不知道 他从没提起过? |
[27:34] | – He never mentioned that? – No. | 他从没提起过? 没有 |
[27:35] | You never met her or saw her? | 你也从没见过她? |
[27:38] | No. | 没有 |
[27:39] | Well, they had a relationship of some kind. Um… | 呃 他们之间关系有点暧昧… |
[27:43] | we found her fingerprints in his office at work. | 办公室里到处都是她的指纹 |
[27:49] | Well, that’s just… | 呃 |
[27:51] | really surprising because… | 那实在让人吃惊 因为… |
[27:55] | there are very strict rules about that, and I’m just… | 公司明确禁止这些 我只是… |
[27:58] | It’s just very surprising that Dr. Collier would do something like that. | 奇怪Collier博士怎么会做出这样的事来 |
[28:02] | I know. | 是呀 |
[28:04] | It’s always hard when we discover someone we care about isn’t who we think he is. | 发现自己关爱的人并非我们眼中的人 是很痛苦的一件事 |
[28:26] | Ellen Well, Ellen… | |
[28:28] | thank you so much for your time. | 感谢你能抽空来 |
[28:37] | That’s it? | 结束啦? |
[28:43] | – We’re finished? – Yes. | 结束了? |
[28:46] | And you’ve been very helpful. | 是的 你帮了大忙了 |
[28:48] | But promise me something ’cause I know he was your friend. | 但是你得答应我一件事 你是他的朋友 |
[28:51] | Dr. Collier gets in touch with you again, you must let us know. | Collier博士要是和你联系 你一定要告诉我们 |
[28:54] | Yes. | 好的 别让我太担心你 |
[28:55] | Don’t let me leave here concerned about you. | 别让我太担心你 |
[28:58] | No. | 不会的 谢谢 |
[28:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:08] | Growing skepticism on wall street that’d make- | |
[29:14] | We’re goin’ a little bit lighter and a little bit darker than your skin tone | |
[29:19] | so that you will always be able to match exactly… | |
[29:26] | Hello? | 喂? |
[29:29] | Fritz? | Fritz? 你好 |
[29:31] | Well, hi! How are you? Where are you? | 你好吗?你在哪啊? |
[29:35] | Oh, no. | 哦 不会吧 |
[29:37] | Oh, you’re kiddin’ me. | 你在开玩笑 |
[29:39] | No! No, not at all. | 不 不 不 哪里哪里 |
[29:42] | I’ll-I’ll be right ther. Just down. | 我…我就下来 就稍微…稍微等我下 |
[29:45] | Just, um… just gimme-gimme 2 minutes. | 两分钟 |
[29:47] | Uh, just-just 21/2. | 两分半钟吧 |
[29:49] | And-and order me a merlot. Ok? | 顺便帮我要杯美乐 好吗? |
[29:51] | All right. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[30:09] | Oh, Fritz. | 噢 Fritz |
[30:12] | Fritz, I didn’t know you were livin’ here. | Fritz 我不知道你住在这里 |
[30:15] | Since when? | 什么时候开始的? |
[30:16] | 31/2 years. 30 pounds ago. | 3年半前 还是30磅的时候 |
[30:19] | You should try and stay in touch more. You know? | 你应该多联系联系 是吧 |
[30:21] | I know, I know. I’m terrible. | 我知道 我知道 是我的不是 |
[30:22] | I can’t even keep an address book together. | 我连一份象样的地址簿都没有 |
[30:25] | No one could’ve made me believe you’d accept a transfer to L.A. | 我怎么都不敢相信你竟然调到洛城来了 |
[30:29] | I love it here. | 我喜欢这里 |
[30:30] | You know what I like best? | 知道我最喜欢什么吗? |
[30:32] | – This wine is yours. – Oh, thanks. Thank you. | 这杯是你的 噢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[30:34] | What I like best is no matter how hot it gets during the day, | 我最喜欢的就是 不管白天怎么热 |
[30:37] | the nights… are always cool. | 到了晚上…天气十分凉爽 |
[30:41] | You’ll forget Washington and Atlanta in one summer. | 你呆上一个夏天就能 把华盛顿和亚特兰大抛到脑后去了 |
[30:44] | Here’s to no humidity. | 为没有湿气的气候而干杯 |
[30:45] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[30:51] | So, you’re workin’ for Pope again, huh? | 你又为Pope工作了? |
[30:53] | Yeah. Yeah. I shoulda gone with you to the FBI while I had the chance. | 是呀 早知道当时有机会时 就跟你去联邦调查局了 |
[30:57] | And you? How’s, uh… um… | 你呢? 那位…怎么样了? |
[31:00] | Elaine? Is it Elaine? | Elaine?是Elaine吧? |
[31:01] | Cindy. | |
[31:03] | She’s gone. | 她走了 |
[31:05] | No, it, uh… | 其实也不是 |
[31:06] | She started therapy and, uh… | 她开始接受治疗 |
[31:09] | blah, blah, blah. Long story. | 然后就杂七杂八 说来话长了 |
[31:12] | Some other time. | 以后再聊这个吧 |
[31:15] | Ok. | Jackie今天早上从华盛顿发了这个给你 |
[31:17] | Jackie sent this over to you from D.C. this mornin’. | |
[31:19] | Normally, you’d get it tomorrow, but I saw your name on it. | 一般你要明天才能拿到 但是我看见你名字了 |
[31:23] | I did a little investigating. I thought I’d hand-deliver it to you tonight. | 所以我就打听了一下 今晚亲自给你送来了 |
[31:28] | Before I give it to you, though… | 但是在交给你之前 |
[31:30] | Brenda | Brenda… |
[31:32] | I don’t want you to just tear it open and run upstairs. | 我可不想你拿到手就撕开 自己跑到楼上去研究 |
[31:34] | You gotta promise me you’re gonna sit here finish your wine, catch up… | 你得保证你要坐在这 把酒喝完 我们再… |
[31:36] | I will. Why does everyone think I’m so horrible? | 我答应 怎么人人都把我看成这样的人? |
[31:40] | And really, Fritz, do you expect me to believe that after spendin’ 3 years around the women here | 说真的 Fritz 你以为我会相信 你在这三年了 天天有女人围着转 |
[31:45] | that what you really want to do is hang around a hotel bar with me? | 你真的想坐在这里 一个宾馆吧台 就和我? |
[31:47] | Oh, shut up. You look terrific. | 噢 别说了 你看上去美极了 |
[31:55] | Now, you really want to feel bad about yourself, I’ll take you up to Santa Barbara someday. | 好吧 如果你真想恨自己的话 哪天我带你去圣巴巴拉玩玩 |
[31:59] | It’s like visiting stepford. I kid you not. | 说真的 那里就跟书里的斯戴佛一样完美 |
[32:07] | It’s your I.D. on your Jane Doe. | 是无名女尸的身份 |
[32:10] | You were right. | 你说的没错 受害人有案底 |
[32:11] | Your victim’s got a record. | 你说的没错 受害人有案底 |
[32:13] | In fact, she’s wanted for murder. | 其实她由于谋杀被通缉 |
[32:21] | Our victim’s name was Alana Devon. | 受害人的名字叫Alana Devon |
[32:24] | She would’ve turned 40 next month. | 下个月她就是40岁 |
[32:26] | In 1991, she shot a security guard outside a pharmaceutical company during an act up protest. | 1991年 在一家制药厂外举行的 一次”行动”组织抗议游行中 她射杀了一名保安 |
[32:32] | I suppose you all know what act up is. | 我想各位都知道“行动”组织吧 |
[32:40] | Lieutenant Provenza doesn’t know. | Provenza副队长不知道 “行动”组织是一个旨在提高公众对爱滋病认识的民间组织 |
[32:42] | Act up is an organization dedicated to raisin’ awareness about aids. | 天啊 |
[32:45] | Oh, jeez! Are you tellin’ me that she’s a murderer and a lesbo? | 她不会既是杀人犯又是个搞女人的吧? Provenza探长 |
[32:50] | I’m sure, detective Provenza, that when you say “lesbo, “ | 你在说“搞女人”的时候 |
[32:54] | you don’t intend that in a derogatory way, | 没有任何贬低的意味吧 如果你真有意贬低 |
[32:56] | since that would mean you’d be spendin’ the next 2 weeks in a sensitivity seminar. | 恐怕就得花两个星期去听讲座辅导了 又要去? |
[33:00] | Again? | 不 |
[33:01] | No. No. Lesbo is… | 不 “搞女人”只不过… |
[33:04] | I just thought it was short for lesbian. | 呃 呃 |
[33:07] | It isn’t. So, yes, Alana… was a lesbian. | 我只觉得“搞女人”是“女同性恋”简写而已 不是简写 |
[33:12] | There’s also some question as to whether or not she acted alone | 不错 Alana的确是同性恋 |
[33:15] | or actually meant to fire the gun. | 但不清楚当时她是独自行动 还是的确有意开枪 |
[33:17] | Like Collier, she was a computer scientist, | 和Collier一样 |
[33:20] | and like him, she changed her identity. | 她也是电脑专家 她也换了自己的身份 |
[33:23] | And the gun that fired this bullet into her face | 射她脸部的枪正是原来这起枪杀案的凶器 所以你觉得Collier也与这个案件有关 |
[33:27] | is the same gun used in the original crime. | 我能看一下吗? 好的 |
[33:31] | So you think Collier’s connected to this crime, too. May I see those, please? | 没问题 |
[33:34] | Yes, you may. I need to take another look at Alana’s body. | 我得再看一下Alana的尸体 |
[33:39] | Ok. So, I don’t know how she figures into this anymore, but- | 那么我就不明白她在本案中又是个什么角色 哪个她? |
[33:43] | She who? | Collier的秘书Ellen |
[33:45] | Collier’s secretary Ellen. Here. | 你看这里 |
[33:49] | The last day he was in town, | 在他走的前一天 Ellen冻结了所有支票帐户 |
[33:51] | Ellen closes her checking account. | 可一到周一 |
[33:53] | Following monday, she reopens it. | 她又全部重新开放 |
[33:56] | Chief. | 警长 |
[33:58] | The morgue released the body. | 停尸房的尸体认领走了 什么? |
[34:01] | What? | 谁下的命令? |
[34:01] | On whose authority? | 谁下的命令? |
[34:03] | As soon as the I.D. comes out and the medical examiner certifies he’s finished, | 一旦死者身份确定 医务人员宣布检查完毕 |
[34:07] | the body is released by law to the family. | 法律规定家属有权认领尸体 |
[34:10] | You had no right to send that information to the morgue. | 你无权把信息透露给停尸房 |
[34:12] | Family’s been waitin’ 15 years for Alana to come home, they can wait 3 more days. | 他们家人等Alana都15年了 他们可以再多等3天 |
[34:16] | I need her body to make my case. | 也不迟 我需要她的尸体破案 |
[34:18] | You’re telling me you’re that close to finding Collier? | 你是说你已经快找到Collier了? |
[34:20] | If I can get his secretary to cooperate, yes. | 如果能让他的秘书合作 就可以找到他 |
[34:22] | And how does the body figure into this? | 可这跟尸体有什么关系? |
[34:24] | What’s so important- | 有什么这么重要– 我不用向你汇报 队长 |
[34:25] | I don’t report to you, captain, so your question’s irrelevant. | 我不用向你汇报 队长 所以你的问题无关紧要 |
[34:27] | – Excuse me?! – Everybody, just calm down. | 你说什么?! 大家都冷静 |
[34:31] | You need Alana’s body to find Collier? | 你要Alana的尸体来找到Collier的下落? |
[34:33] | I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t. | 不然我也不会来这里 |
[34:37] | You’ll have the body back tomorrow morning. | 那明天早上你把尸体弄回来 |
[34:39] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[34:44] | Did you hear the way she spoke to me? Did you hear? | 你也看见她和我说话的态度了吧? 看见了吗? |
[34:47] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[34:49] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[35:11] | I just wanted to say that, um… | 我只是想说 呃… |
[35:14] | and I didn’t mean anything by it… but… | 本来我也没别的什么意思 呃… |
[35:18] | I was the one who told Taylor you had I.D.’d the body. | 是我告诉Taylor你已经知道了死者的身份 |
[35:21] | Well, I understand. He was your friend. | 我理解 他是你的朋友 |
[35:26] | Um… I usually get along better with people around here | 呃 我一般和这里的人相处都挺好的 |
[35:32] | than I have been with you. I’m-I’m organized. | 不象和你这么差 我…我是个有组织的人 |
[35:35] | I’m… usually pretty good at figurin’ out what people need | 我…我一般也能猜得出来人们需要什么 |
[35:38] | or… what they think they need or what they… want… from me. | 或者他们认为自己需要什么 或是他们需要我的什么 |
[35:43] | Uh… but… to be honest, I’m… havin’ a little trouble figurin’ that out with you. | 呃 说实话 我…我到现在还没看透你 |
[35:50] | Well, when all else fails you can try bein’ yourself. | 实在不行 你还可以做你自己 保持本色 |
[35:57] | Yeah, well, that… | 呃 那个… |
[35:58] | sounds radical, but I’d be, uh… | 有点极端 |
[36:01] | willing. | 不过…不过我很愿意试试 |
[36:04] | ‘Cause I… Actually I have a couple questions, uh… like… | 因为我倒有几个问题想问问你 比如… |
[36:10] | have you been able to figure out how Dr. Collier was able | 你知不知道 Collier博士是怎么做到 |
[36:12] | to get rid of his fingerprints from everywhere? | 丝毫不留自己的指纹 |
[36:15] | Yes. | 知道 |
[36:18] | Oh. Ok. Um… | 哦 好吧 呃… |
[36:21] | and that… bit about gettin’ the body back and finding him. | 还有 要回尸体 追查下落 |
[36:25] | Now, is that true, or were you bluffing? | 是真要这么做 还是虚张声势? |
[36:27] | Oh, I never… bluff, sergeant Gabriel. I just… | 哦 我从不虚张声势 Gabriel警员 我只是… |
[36:31] | express my optimism forcefully. | 强有力地表达我的自信 |
[36:35] | You ordered Ellen Parks picked back up and held overnight. | 你也下令今天接回Ellen Parks 连夜审讯? |
[36:37] | I did. | 是的 可我不明白她能帮上什么忙 |
[36:38] | I don’t see how that helps us unless she tells us where Dr. Collier is. | 可我不明白她能帮上什么忙 除非他告诉我们Collier博士在哪里 |
[36:41] | I mean, we don’t have the gun. | 要知道 我们没找到枪 |
[36:42] | I mean, we don’t have the murder weapons. We don’t have any witnesses. | 没找到凶器 更没有证人 |
[36:45] | Ellen will be very helpful with all of that, I promise. | Ellen会帮我们大忙的 我保证 |
[36:49] | This more of your forceful optimism? | 这也是你强有力的自信的表现? |
[36:52] | Oh, no. It’s my experience… | 哦 那不是 而是经验… |
[36:55] | Because as any good interrogator will tell you… | 每个出色的审讯员都会告诉你… |
[36:59] | as hard as a secret is to uncover, it’s even harder to keep. | 秘密固难发现 但更难保守 |
[37:09] | Good night, sergeant. | 晚安 警官 |
[37:13] | Um… sure. | 呃 好的 |
[37:15] | Good night… ma’am. | 晚安 女士 |
[37:44] | Come in. | 进来 你为什么把女的接来 |
[37:45] | Why did you pick this woman up last night and then ignore her all day? | 进来 你为什么把女的接来 又不管人家 |
[37:49] | Because I’m preparin’ myself and lettin’ her stew. It’s perfectly legal. | 因为我在做准备 她也在酝酿 这么做完全合法 |
[37:52] | You’re gonna interrogate her and walk out of that room | 你审问完她 走出屋子 |
[37:54] | knowing where Collier is, knowing why the murder took place? | 就能知道Collier的下落和谋杀的动机了? |
[37:57] | I already know those things. | 我已经知道答案了 |
[37:59] | You have proof this woman is connected to the murder? | 你有证据表明这个女的和谋杀有关? |
[38:02] | I can place her at the scene of the crime. | 我可以证明她在案发现场 |
[38:04] | I need her to tell me what happened. | 但我需要她来告诉我发生的一切 |
[38:05] | All right. What if you lay your cards on the table and she stiffs us? | 那好吧 可你万一都和盘托出了 她还不招怎么办? |
[38:09] | Then you’ll never see her again without an attorney and we are screwed. | 下次再见她可就是有律师在场了 我们就完蛋了 |
[38:12] | Are you tryin’ to encourage me or make me nervous? | 你来究竟是替我打气还是泄我气啊? |
[38:15] | I’m just tryin’ to figure out why you’re so damn confident | 我只是在想你怎么就这么有把握 |
[38:17] | you can get this woman to help you. | 这个女的就一定会顺着你? |
[38:19] | Well, because, Will, I know a little somethin’ about admirin’ the boss | 因为 Will… 欣赏自己的老板… |
[38:22] | and findin’ out he’s not the guy you thought he was. | 却发现他又不是自己所了解的那人 我深有感触 |
[38:53] | All right, then, let’s go. | 可以了 我们走 |
[39:01] | I thought you were my friend. | 我以为你是我的朋友 |
[39:02] | It’s important, Ellen, that you do not say anything yet and let me explain why. | Ellen 从现在起 你什么也别说 我来解释原由 |
[39:06] | – Why am I being kept here? I haven’t done anything. – Unless you let me finish speaking, | 我为什么被软禁 我什么也没做啊 |
[39:09] | I’ll have to put you formally under arrest. Is that what you want? | 除非你让我说完话 否则我就要正式逮捕你 |
[39:12] | If I do charge you with a crime you’d be entitled to an attorney. | 你真的愿意这么做? 我起诉你 你会被指派一名律师 |
[39:14] | Do you want me to charge you so you can have a lawyer with you? | 你真的想我们起诉你 你好有一名律师陪同吗? |
[39:16] | No, I don’t want to be charged with anything. | 不 不 我不想背上任何罪名 |
[39:19] | Ok. But there are things that have to be said | 好的 我们在调查谋杀时 |
[39:22] | when we investigate a murder or I’ll get in trouble. | 有些话是非说不可的 否则我就要倒霉 |
[39:24] | Sergeant Gabriel here is gonna to inform you of your rights | Gabriel警官会向你宣读你的权利 |
[39:28] | so we don’t make any mistakes. | 这样我们办事也不会出乱子 |
[39:29] | Ellen Radcliff Parks, you are under investigation for murder. You have the right… | 你现在接受一起谋杀案的调查 |
[39:33] | She should shake the bitch by the shoulders and see what pops out. | 你有权.. 她真该抓住那个婊子的肩膀使劲摇 看看能掉出什么东西来 |
[39:36] | Why do you call every woman you see a bitch? Why do you do that? | 你怎么见到女的就骂人家是婊子? 为什么这么做? |
[39:39] | Oh, shut up, Daniels. She’s a murder suspect. | 哦 闭嘴 Daniels 她是杀人嫌疑犯 |
[39:41] | Asshole. | 可耻 |
[39:43] | And proud of it. | 我以此为荣 |
[39:44] | Do you wish to continue at this time and waive your right to an attorney? | 你是否愿意接受审讯 放弃委派律师的权利? |
[39:47] | Yes, yes. | 是的 是的 |
[39:52] | Sit down, please. | 请坐 |
[39:55] | Now, I want you to know that I’ve kept the police from arresting you, | 你得明白我没让警察逮捕你 |
[39:58] | and I have done this because I wanna help you. | 我这么做是因为我想帮你 |
[40:01] | Because we want real justice here but I have to tell you | 我们追求的是真正的公正 |
[40:04] | how disappointed I am, Ellen because you lied to me. | 但是我很失望 Ellen 因为你向我撒谎了 |
[40:08] | Here is the email correspondence between you and Dr. Collier, | 这里是你和Collier博士的电子书信来往记录 |
[40:11] | which directly contradicts this notion that you and he were only friends. | 清楚地表明你和他不仅仅是朋友的关系 |
[40:14] | You were not just friends, you were having an affair, isn’t that so? | 你们不仅仅是朋友 你和他有不正当的关系 对吗? |
[40:24] | It wasn’t an affair. | 不是什么不正当的关系 |
[40:25] | You loved him. He loved you. You wrote it here. See? | 你爱他 他爱你 你自己写在这里 对吗? |
[40:28] | It wasn’t an affair. | 不是什么不正当的关系 |
[40:29] | You kissed. You were romantic with each other. | 你们接吻了 你们俩在恋爱 |
[40:31] | We never- I never- | 我们从来–我从来– |
[40:33] | Ellen, I’m sorry, I can’t. Sergeant Gabriel. | Ellen 对不起了 我帮不了… Gabriel警官 |
[40:35] | Just wait a minute. Just wait a minute. | 等一下 等一下 |
[40:36] | I am telling you that it wasn’t an affair. | 我都说了不是什么不正当的关系 |
[40:39] | I had never- | 我从来就没有 |
[40:41] | We were not… physical. | 我们没有发生肉体上的关系 |
[40:45] | But you were emotionally intimate. | 但是你们俩感情上很亲密 |
[40:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:59] | Now, Ellen, I know the answers to most of these questions, so do not lie to me again | Ellen 我问的问题我自己都知道答案 所以别再对我撒谎 否则我们只好面对现实 |
[41:03] | or I’ll have to accept the fact that I can’t help you, and I’ll leave. | 我帮不了你 只好走人 |
[41:08] | Now, you and Dr. Collier were very close. You loved him. He loved you. | 你和Collier博士关系十分密切 你爱他 他爱你 |
[41:13] | Did he tell you that he had changed his name? | 他告诉过你他曾经改过名字吗? |
[41:19] | Yes. | 告诉过 |
[41:20] | That’s good, Ellen. That’s a relief to me. | 很好 Ellen 我很放心 |
[41:23] | You’re telling me the truth now. Let’s stick with that. | 你终于说实话了 继续保持下去 |
[41:26] | Did he tell you that he was living under a false identity? | 他有没有告诉你他的身份是假的? |
[41:30] | Yes. | 告诉过 包括他参与了射杀保安一案? |
[41:31] | And that he was involved with the shooting of a security guard? | 包括他参与了射杀保安一案? |
[41:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:37] | And you kept that information from the police, why? | 可你没告诉警察 为什么? |
[41:41] | Because it was an accident. | 因为那是个意外 |
[41:44] | He didn’t mean to kill anybody. | 他没打算射杀任何人 |
[41:45] | And he showed you the gun? | 他给你看了他的枪了? |
[41:50] | Yes, yes, he showed it to me. | 是的 是的 他给我看了 |
[41:54] | And did he tell you | 那他有没有告诉你 |
[41:56] | that in spite of everything he had done to hide himself, | 尽管他想法设法隐瞒身份 |
[41:58] | that someone had recently recognized him? | 但最近还是有人认出他了? |
[42:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:07] | So, Dr. Collier decided that he’d have to disappear, | 所以Collier博士就决定逃亡 |
[42:11] | and he wanted you to go with him? | 他想带上你? |
[42:13] | I didn’t… have any… | 我没有离开的打算– |
[42:17] | – intention of going- – You closed your checking account. | 可你结户了 |
[42:19] | Ellen, I warned you about lying. I’m sorry. Sergeant. | Ellen 我警告过你 别撒谎 Gabriel警官 我没有… 你能不能听我说完?! |
[42:23] | I was not – would you please wait a minute!? | 我说了 |
[42:24] | I said, I had not decided… | 我还没决定… |
[42:27] | to go with him. I am not lying! | 是不是跟他走 我没撒谎 |
[42:33] | Let me explain. | 听我解释 |
[42:35] | I think I know where she’s going with this. | 我想我大概知道她想干什么了 |
[42:39] | Elliott had told me | Elliott说如果我和他一起远走高飞… |
[42:42] | that if I went with him… | |
[42:47] | that I wouldn’t be able to see my mother anymore… | 我就再也不能看望母亲了… |
[42:52] | that I couldn’t even call her. | 连电话都不能打 |
[42:55] | So I had not decided. | 所以我没下决心 |
[42:57] | But you went to his house that night, | 但是那天晚上你去他公寓了 |
[43:00] | and he had a passport for you, a fake passport. | 他给你准备了一份护照 伪造的护照 |
[43:05] | You can just nod if you want to. | 你可以点头示意 |
[43:10] | Now, let’s talk about Alana Devon for a moment. | 那么现在我们来谈谈Alana Devon |
[43:16] | ‘Cause that night you were leavin’, | 因为那天你要走的时候 |
[43:18] | that was when you first met her, isn’t it? | 你第一次遇到了她 是吗? |
[43:35] | Could you ask him… | 你能不能… |
[43:38] | to step outside, please? | 让他到外面去? |
[43:41] | Yes. | 好的 去吧 |
[43:42] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[43:58] | I’ll help you through this. | 我来陪你 |
[44:00] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[44:07] | These things have to be said… | 你必须说出来… |
[44:09] | even though what Alana did to you was so unfair… | 虽然Alana那么做对你是如此的不公平… |
[44:13] | and so unkind. | 如此的不近人情 |
[44:25] | Alana Devon fired the actual shot that killed the security guard. | 其实是Alana Devon开枪杀死了保安 |
[44:30] | People saw her. | 大家都看见了她 她就利用自己的电脑技术侵入自动取款机和信用卡帐号 |
[44:31] | So she used her computer skills to hack into atms and credit card accounts. | 她就利用自己的电脑技术侵入自动取款机和信用卡帐号 |
[44:36] | And she disappeared. | 然后销声匿迹 |
[44:39] | She had plastic surgery. | 做了整容手术 |
[44:40] | That changed her jaw line and her nose | 下巴 |
[44:43] | and reduced her breasts. | 鼻子 缩胸 |
[44:47] | And she proceeded to live her life in permanent disguise. | 她就这样以一个新的面貌开始生活 |
[44:53] | She always wore turtle necks to hide the fact that she had no adam’s apple. | 她总是穿高翻领的衣服 因为她没有喉结 |
[44:58] | She also claimed to be a christian scientist, | 她还说自己是信仰基督的科学家 |
[45:01] | so she wouldn’t have to take the company physical. | 这样她也不用参加公司的体检 |
[45:05] | That’s why we only found Alana’s fingerprints in Dr. Collier’s house | 这就是为什么我们在Collier博士家里 只能找到Alana的指纹 |
[45:11] | and in his office and in his car. | 还有办公室和车里 也是如此 |
[45:15] | Not because Alana was living with Dr. Collier, | 不是因为Alana和Collier博士住在一起 |
[45:18] | but because she was Dr. Collier. | 而是因为她就是Collier博士 |
[45:29] | Do you know how I can prove this, Ellen? | 你知道我是怎么证明的吗 Ellen? |
[45:33] | The shot that was fired in Alana’s face missed her left eye. | 打中脸部的子弹没击中左眼 |
[45:38] | And when I took her body back to the morgue, | 当我把尸体运回停尸房时 |
[45:40] | I found that the iris scan of Alana’s left eye | 我发现Alana的左眼虹膜 |
[45:43] | matched exactly the scan of Elliott Collier’s left eye. | 和Elliott Collier的左眼虹膜一模一样 |
[45:48] | So the man with whom you were having an affair wasn’t a man at all. | 所以和你关系暧昧的那个男人到最后根本就不是男的 |
[45:52] | He was a woman. | 他是个女人 |
[45:55] | And that night you were leaving, | 那晚 |
[45:58] | he told you the truth. | 你要走的时候 他告诉了你真相 |
[46:00] | He showed you who he was. | 他给你看了真身 |
[46:03] | I have it right, don’t I, Ellen? | 我说的没错吧 Ellen? |
[46:11] | Or are you a lesbian? | 要么你是同性恋? |
[46:14] | Maybe you’re a lesbian. | 也许你就是同性恋 |
[46:16] | If you are a lesbian, I’d- | 如果你是同性恋的话 我… |
[46:18] | I am not… | 我不是… |
[46:22] | a lesbian. | 同性恋 |
[46:27] | How could you say that to me? | 你怎么敢这么说? |
[46:29] | How could you say something | 这么恶心 可恶的话 |
[46:31] | so disgusting and so horrible? | 你也说的出口? |
[46:38] | How could you say that? | 你怎么敢这么说? |
[46:49] | But you didn’t mean to kill him, did you? | 但是你没打算杀他 是吗? |
[46:53] | You hadn’t planned on that. | 你还没这个打算 |
[47:00] | Just for the record, though, | 为记录起见 |
[47:02] | just so it’s clear that it wasn’t on purpose, | 表明你不是故意杀人 |
[47:05] | could you please say that out loud? | 你能不能大声地说出来 |
[47:21] | I didn’t… | 我没有… |
[47:25] | mean… | 打算…杀他 |
[47:28] | to kill him. | |
[47:42] | I was kissing him, and she… | 我只是在亲他,然后她… |
[47:47] | pulled my hand down… | 抓住我的手… |
[47:50] | against her and I… | 贴到她身上 我… |
[47:55] | I picked the paperweight up… | 抓起桌子上的… |
[48:00] | off the desk, and I… | 纸镇 然后我… |
[48:06] | I hit him over the head with it. | 就朝他头部砸去 |
[48:12] | I… I hit her in the head. | 我…打中了她 |
[48:18] | Then when she fell, I just beat her head in. | 她就倒了下去 我就不停地打她的头 |
[48:23] | I just beat her head in. | 我就不停地打她的头 |
[48:27] | At some point, you realized that Alana’s face | 突然 你意识到 |
[48:31] | still looked like Elliott Collier. | Alana的脸看上去还是象Elliott Collier |
[48:34] | And you didn’t want to leave it like that. | 你不想看见这张脸 |
[48:36] | I, uh… I cut all her hair off, and I took all her clothes off | 我…我就剃光了她的头发 脱光了她的衣服 |
[48:41] | because I didn’t want anyone to think it was Elliott. | 因为我不想让别人知道她就是Elliott |
[48:44] | I just wanted to – I wanted them to think it was a woman. | 我只是想 我想让他们… 认为是个女的 |
[48:51] | And so you took the gun that he had showed you, | 所以你就拿了那把他给你看过的枪 |
[48:54] | and you shot her in the face. | 朝她脸部开了一枪 |
[49:05] | I am… | 我… |
[49:10] | I am not… | 我不是… |
[49:12] | a lesbian. | 同性恋 |
[49:15] | I am… a… good catholic girl. | 我是…个… 虔诚的天主教徒 |
[49:21] | And I have tried to be one every day of my life. | 我每天都希望能做到如此 |
[49:53] | Good work. | 干得漂亮 |
[50:00] | I have to make my final report to the chief. | 我得写最终报告交给局长 |
[50:03] | I’m sure he’ll wanna call you in the morning with his regards. | 早上他肯定会给你打电话 向你致意 |
[50:07] | Can’t wait. | 都等不急了 |
[50:10] | Right. | 是啊 |
[50:12] | Well… | 呃… |
[50:15] | good night. | 晚安 |
[50:17] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[50:19] | Sergeant. | 警官 |
[50:20] | Good night, sir. | 晚安 长官 |
[50:25] | So, sure you won’t join us for a drink, celebrate? | 你真的不来喝几杯 庆祝一下? |
[50:32] | No. I gotta take this stuff back to the hotel. | 不了 我还得把东西拿到旅馆 |
[50:37] | Maybe some other time. | 改日吧 |
[50:39] | Sure. Sure. | 好的 好的 |
[50:46] | You know, you were right from the very beginning. | 你打一开始就是对的 |
[50:51] | Looked like love. | 看上去象情杀 罪案终结 -=结束=- 禁止任何商业用途否则后果自负 ————————– |