时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:29] | Deputy chief brenda johnson,L.A.P.D. | 我是洛杉矶警署的代理警长 |
[00:32] | Party of one. | 一个人的聚会 |
[00:34] | Well,we have your crime scene ready for you, | 犯罪现场已经为你准备好了 |
[00:36] | if you’ll just step right this way. | 请走这边 |
[00:38] | Thank you,sir. | 谢谢 |
[00:56] | Meet karen bivas, | 见下Karen Bivas |
[00:58] | managing partner of chez paul, | Chez Paul的经营合伙人 |
[01:01] | L.A.’S newest 5-star restaurant. | 洛杉矶最新的五星级饭店 |
[01:05] | She clocked out for life between 2 and 3 A.M. | 她在凌晨2点到3点间打卡结束工作 |
[01:09] | She’s still wearing her necklace and a wedding ring. | 她还戴着项链和结婚戒指 |
[01:11] | Can we rule out robbery? | 我们能排除抢劫吗? |
[01:13] | Well,no cash was stolen.The,uh– | 没有钱被偷– |
[01:15] | the safe was locked. | 保险箱是锁着的 |
[01:17] | Purse had money and credit cards. | 钱包里有钱和信用卡 |
[01:20] | Nice dress,by the way. | 衣服不错 |
[01:23] | Yours,I mean. Not hers. | 你的,我是说…不是她的 |
[01:26] | Oh,thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:27] | I’m going straight to dinner after work today. | 今天工作完后我要直接去吃饭 |
[01:31] | Uh,her lip is swollen.Is that from the fall? | 她的嘴唇是肿胀的 是跌倒的时候弄的吗? |
[01:34] | No,whoever did this | 不,是被人弄的 |
[01:36] | probably started with a punch to the mouth. | 可能是从对嘴的重击开始的 |
[01:39] | Wonder what she was saying. | 想想她当时在说什么 |
[01:42] | How many stab wounds? | 有几处伤口? |
[01:44] | The coroner’s investigator counted 18, | 验尸官的调查员数到了18 |
[01:47] | but I see a | 但我看到是 |
[01:48] | slash across her neck there that made the mess. | 她脖子上的伤口导致墙上的血迹 |
[01:51] | It looks like she tried to run from her attacker. | 好象是她试着逃离攻击者 |
[01:53] | Someone has a temper. | 有人动怒了 |
[01:55] | Clocked out,you said? | 结束工作,你说? |
[01:57] | How do you know she was working? | 你怎么知道她在工作? |
[01:58] | Oh,we found the manager’s log book on the counter. | 我们在柜台上找到了经理的日志簿 |
[02:03] | Let’s compare the residue from these pots and pans | 让我们对比下这些罐子盘子的残渣 |
[02:07] | with the contents of her stomach. Hmm. | 和她胃里的东西 |
[02:13] | And this kitchen is full of potential murder weapons.Sergeant | 这个厨房到处都是潜在的凶器,警官 |
[02:16] | let’s please gather up all these knives | 把所有的这些刀收起来 |
[02:18] | and have them brought to the morgue. | 带去验尸房 |
[02:20] | We’ll match ’em up against the victim’s wounds. | 和受害人的伤口做对比 |
[02:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:27] | Well,at least she wasn’t eating alone. | 至少她吃饭有人陪 |
[02:41] | Could you please find someone who could tell me | 你能让谁来告诉我 |
[02:42] | what’s in that so-called log book? | 那个所谓的日志簿里有什么吗? |
[02:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:46] | And,uh,detective daniels, | Daniels探员 |
[02:47] | karen bivas’s driver’s license shows her living | Karen Bivas的驾驶执照显示 |
[02:49] | at an address on north quenga boulevard, | 她住在北Quenga街的某个地方 |
[02:51] | so how did she get to be a managing partner | 那她怎么会成为一个经营合伙人 |
[02:53] | of a high-falutin’ place like this? | 在这样一个高级的地方? |
[02:55] | Could you look into her finances,please? | 麻烦你查下她的财政状况 |
[02:57] | Yes,ma’am.–Thank you. | – 是,长官 – 谢谢 |
[02:58] | Her husband’s here. | 她丈夫来了 |
[03:00] | Outside?–Yes. | – 在外面? – 是的 |
[03:02] | Who called him? | 谁叫他来的? |
[03:03] | No one. He’s the chef–the paul in chez paul.And he wants in. | 没人,他是厨师长 – Chez Paul就是他 他要进来 |
[03:07] | Right. | 好吧 |
[03:09] | This is my restaurant,let me in,you! | 这是我的饭店,让我进去! |
[03:11] | I want to see my wife. | 我要见我妻子 |
[03:13] | Let me in! | 让我进去 |
[03:14] | Mr. Bivas!Mr. Bivas,stand back. | Bivas先生! Bivas先生 别这样 |
[03:17] | Let me explain. | 让我解释下 |
[03:18] | I’m deputy chief brenda leigh johnson of the L.A.P.D. | 我是洛杉玑警署的代理警长 |
[03:20] | Where is karen? | Karen在哪儿? |
[03:21] | Is she in there? | 她在里面吗? |
[03:24] | Sir,when was the last time you saw your wife? | 先生,你最后见到你妻子是什么时候? |
[03:26] | Around midnight.She was managing the dining room floor. | 大概是午夜 她在擦厨房的地板 |
[03:30] | Is she missing? | 她失踪了吗? |
[03:31] | Where you concerned when she didn’t come home last night? | 她昨晚没回家你不担心吗? |
[03:35] | We’re working all the time right now. | 我们一直在工作 |
[03:36] | We don’t have the same hours. | 我们工作时间不一样 |
[03:38] | Please, | 拜托 |
[03:40] | will you tell me karen is ok? | 能告诉我Karen没事吗? |
[03:42] | Could you please tell me that? | 能告诉我吗? |
[03:45] | Mr. Bivas,I’m very sorry to inform you | Bivas先生,我很抱歉地告诉你 |
[03:47] | that your wife was murdered last night in the kitchen of your restaurant. | 昨晚你妻子在你饭店的厨房里被谋杀了 |
[03:55] | No. | 不 |
[03:57] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[03:59] | I want to see her. | 我要见她 |
[04:01] | I want to see her right now! | 我现在就要见她! |
[04:03] | I want to see her right now! | 我现在要见她! |
[04:05] | I want to see– | 我要见– |
[04:06] | sir!That is not possible. | 先生,那不可能 |
[04:07] | This is a crime scene. | 这是犯罪现场 |
[04:08] | If you’d like,I can arrange someone to be with you. | 如果你愿意,我可以安排人和你一起去 |
[04:12] | Go away. | 走开 |
[04:13] | I don’t want you here. | 我不想你在这 |
[04:15] | Get away from my restaurant. | 离我饭店远点 |
[04:18] | I’m very sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[04:19] | I said go away! | 我说了走开 |
[04:21] | Get out! | 出去! |
[04:23] | I don’t want you here.Just leave me alone. | 我不要你们在这 让我一个人 |
[04:28] | Just leave.Leave me alone. | 走,让我一个人待会儿 |
[04:39] | Louis,the,uh,garde manger | Louis,仓库保管员– |
[04:42] | said that karen was tough but fair | 说Karen很苛刻但也很公平 |
[04:44] | even though her personal life was a little messy. | 虽然她的私生活有点乱 |
[04:46] | Bernard,the saucy-er | Bernard,调味汁厨师 |
[04:49] | said she was polite but firm. | 说她有礼貌但严格 |
[04:52] | Saucier. | 调味汁厨师 |
[04:52] | Now gamon, | |
[04:54] | the sommie-lier… | 调酒师… |
[04:55] | Sommelier. | 调酒师 |
[04:56] | Said she was a bossy,micro-managing bitch. | 说她是个专横的小气的女人 |
[04:59] | But he respected her, | 但他尊重她 |
[05:00] | even though she was stingy on the compliments. | 虽然她吝啬于赞扬 |
[05:02] | I mean,you know the type,chief. | 你知道那种类型,警长 |
[05:04] | detective sanchez, | Sanchez探员 |
[05:06] | you interviewed the spanish speaking employees? | 你问过讲西班牙语的雇员了吗? |
[05:08] | Si,mi heffe. | 是的 |
[05:09] | Kitchen staff,mostly. | 大都是厨房人员 |
[05:11] | And,did they say anything about chef paul? | 那他们有说任何厨师长Paul的事吗? |
[05:13] | Drinks too much, | 酗酒 |
[05:14] | needs a keeper, | 需要人管管他 |
[05:16] | last week threw a half-cooked duck at his wife, | 上周对她妻子扔了只半熟的鸭子 |
[05:18] | but he missed,so they think that he loved her. | 但没扔中,所以他们认为他是爱她的… |
[05:22] | Uh,lieutenant provenza, | Provenza副队长 |
[05:23] | any help from the log book? | 日志簿上有发现吗? |
[05:25] | on the evening of the murder, | 凶案那天晚上 |
[05:28] | chez paul served 11 employee meals. | Chez Paul为11个员工做了饭 |
[05:30] | Mrs. Bivas did not partake. | Bivas夫人没在其中 |
[05:32] | The light bulb in the ladies john blew out, | 女厕所的灯泡爆了 |
[05:34] | D.D. And T.N. | D.D.和T.N. |
[05:37] | Were comped for a dinner of $436. | 一顿饭吃了436美元 |
[05:42] | The kitchen ran out of the halibut special around 10 P.M. | 晚上10点的时候厨房的大比目鱼用完了 |
[05:45] | Sounds like motive to me. | 我听着算是一个动机 |
[05:46] | Excuse me,lieutenant, | 抱歉,队长 |
[05:47] | what were those initials again,please? | 刚刚说的缩写是什么来着? |
[05:49] | D.D. And T.N. | D.D.和T.N. |
[05:51] | Oh,and sergeant gabriel called,and uh, | 还有,Gabriel警佐打电话来说 |
[05:53] | none of the knives at chez paul fit the wound. | 饭店里的刀没有和伤口吻合的 |
[05:55] | Chief johnson?–Yes,oh! | – Johnson警长吗? – 是的 |
[05:58] | Oh,thank you.Thank you | 噢,谢谢,谢谢 |
[06:04] | very much. Um… | 很感谢 |
[06:06] | um,I… | 呃,我… |
[06:08] | pardon me | 抱歉 |
[06:10] | just one–one minute. | 就一会儿 |
[06:30] | Chief? | 警长? |
[06:31] | Oh.Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰你 |
[06:33] | Ok. | 没事 |
[06:34] | I found where the money came from for the restaurant. | 我查到饭店的钱是怎么来的了 |
[06:37] | One investor–a swiss holding company | 一个投资者是瑞士的一家公司 |
[06:40] | owned by the dutton group. | 是属于Button集团的 |
[06:42] | Dutton? | |
[06:43] | As in dennis dutton? | 是Dennis Dutton? |
[06:45] | As in the guy who beat | 就是那个 |
[06:46] | his ex-girlfriend to death with a golf club. | 就是那个用高尔夫球棒死了前女友的家伙 |
[06:47] | As in D.D.From the log book. | 看来就是日志簿上的D.D. |
[06:50] | He ate at chez paul last night? | 他昨晚在Chez Paul那里吃饭了? |
[06:56] | Deputy chief brenda leigh johnson, | 代理警长Brenda Leigh Johnson |
[06:59] | we meet again. | 我们又见面了 |
[07:02] | I was just re-acquainting myself with your file. | 我刚刚又熟悉了一遍你的档案 |
[07:05] | Really? | 是吗? |
[07:06] | And I like to think of myself as unforgettable. | 我的档案让人印象深刻吧 |
[07:09] | Why is it,mr. Dutton, | 为什么,Dutton先生 |
[07:10] | that you’re always one or two steps away | 你总要或多或少 |
[07:12] | from a murdered woman? | 和被谋杀的女人扯上关系 |
[07:13] | So much for hello. | 够了 |
[07:14] | If you want to talk about old unsolved murders, | 如果你想谈你们破不了的旧案子 |
[07:17] | I’ll put you in touch with my new attorney. | 我会让我的新律师和你联系 |
[07:19] | But… | 不过… |
[07:20] | if you want to talk about chez paul, | 如果你想谈Chez Paul |
[07:23] | you’ll find me in a helpful frame of mind | 你会发现我会很合作 |
[07:25] | since I’m its primary investor. | 因为我是它的主要投资人 |
[07:27] | Over $2 million.That’s a lot of money. | 超过了200万美元 那可是一大笔钱 |
[07:31] | To you. | 对你来说是的 |
[07:33] | Look,I hardly even knew karen or paul. | 听着,我甚至几乎不认识Karen或Paul |
[07:36] | I gave them some cash on the advice of a friend. | 我是听了一个朋友的建议就给了他们些钱 |
[07:38] | So,since you’re obviously in a mood to cut to the chase, | 既然你那么想破案 |
[07:42] | why don’t we get to my alibi? | 为什么不听听我的不在场证明? |
[07:43] | Let’S. | 可以 |
[07:45] | You ate dinner last night at the restaurant with– | 你昨晚在那家饭店吃饭 |
[07:47] | tom newman.An influential food critic | 和Tom Newman 一个有影响力的美食家 |
[07:50] | who was impressed enough with chez paul. | 他对Chez Paul印象深刻 |
[07:52] | Ahem,to,uh,write us a terrific review. | 为我们写了篇很棒的评论 |
[07:55] | I asked him to dinner as a way of saying thanks. | 我邀请他吃饭作为感谢 |
[07:58] | That was yesterday’s evil plot. | 那就是我昨晚的邪恶计划 |
[08:02] | You left the restaurant at 11:00. | 你11点离开饭店 |
[08:04] | Where were you after that? | 之后去了哪? |
[08:08] | I accepted tom’s invitation to stop by the house for a bottle or two… | 我接受了Tom的邀请在他家喝了两杯… |
[08:11] | of a 1986 chateau margo, | 一瓶1986年的chateau margo |
[08:13] | which I’d been saving for A… | 我收藏了用于… |
[08:16] | special occasion. | 特殊场合 |
[08:18] | One bottle–heh!Would have been enough. | 一瓶就足够了 |
[08:22] | Might have overdone it. | 可能过头了 |
[08:24] | I’d been a little blue | 我一直有点忧郁 |
[08:26] | since my wife left me. | 自从我妻子离开我后 |
[08:29] | And… | 后来… |
[08:30] | dennis and I talked about how maybe | Dennis和我谈到也许 |
[08:31] | i should open up my own restaurant again. | 我该重新开张自己的饭店 |
[08:33] | It’s interesting,really. | 那很有趣,真的 |
[08:34] | Because that story you just told me– | 因为你刚才告诉我的故事– |
[08:36] | it’s almost word for word | 几乎是一字不差 |
[08:38] | what dennis dutton said when he was sitting | 和45分钟前Dennis Dutton |
[08:40] | in that exact same chair not 45 minutes ago. | 坐在这张椅子上所说的相比 |
[08:43] | Up to and including the part about being a little blue | 甚至包括了你感到有点忧郁 |
[08:47] | about your wife leaving you. | 还有你妻子离开的那段 |
[08:49] | Well,it’s uh– | 呃,这– |
[08:50] | it’s what happened.So | 事实如此 |
[08:52] | how else would I say it? | 我还能说什么? |
[08:55] | Dennis–he’s a friend of yours,right? | 他是你的朋友,对不? |
[08:58] | I like to think so.We don’t travel in | 可以这么认为 我们有着… |
[08:59] | the same social circle,but,uh, | 一样的社交圈,但是 |
[09:02] | he invests in a lot of restaurants. | 他投资了许多饭店 |
[09:04] | And dennis has extremely good taste. | 而且Dennis有极好的品位 |
[09:07] | And you are an expert on good taste? | 你是品位鉴赏的专家? |
[09:10] | Karen bivas’s first offering since leaving lambeaus last year, | 自从去年离开Lambeaus后 Karen Bivas的第一个礼物 |
[09:15] | chez paul is a wonder. | 就是Chez Paul餐馆 是个一个奇迹 |
[09:17] | A piece of provence on melrose. | 它是Melrose(美国马萨诸塞州一城市) 的Provence(法国东南部一地区) |
[09:20] | Upon entering,I experienced a frizum? | 进去后,我体验到了frizum? |
[09:23] | Frissom. | |
[09:25] | French for,experiential excitement. | 法语,意思是经验的兴奋 |
[09:30] | It means I liked the place. | 就是说是我喜欢那个地方 |
[09:32] | It’s also a lovely 5 star review | 这也是篇有趣的五星评论 |
[09:33] | for your good friend dennis dutton. | 对你的好朋友Dennis Dutton来说 |
[09:36] | I hear what you’re implying, | 我知道你在暗示什么 |
[09:38] | and I don’t sell my reviews. | 我可不卖我的评论 |
[09:40] | Nor do i cut friends slack | 也不会为了朋友放松 |
[09:43] | for sloppy work.Chez paul is exactly as I described. | 也许有疏忽 但Chez Paul就是我所描述的那样 |
[09:46] | You know, | 你知道 |
[09:47] | speaking of cutting people slack, | 说到放人一马 |
[09:49] | this is what someone did to karen bivas | 这就是某个人对Karen Bivas 干的 |
[09:53] | last night. | 昨晚 |
[09:54] | I want you to take a good,hard look,mr. Newman. | 我要你好好看看,Newman先生 |
[10:00] | We’ve collected every knife from that restaurant, | 我们收集了那个饭店所有的刀 |
[10:03] | and if we find one with dennis dutton’s fingerprints on them, | 如果我们发现 Dennis Dutton的指纹在某把上 |
[10:07] | your alibi for him,mr. Newman, | 你为他做的不在场证明 Newman先生 |
[10:09] | makes you an accomplice after the fact. | 让你成为了帮凶 |
[10:11] | To murder. | 谋杀案的帮凶 |
[10:13] | Now,I don’t know what dennis promised you. | 我不知道Dennis答应了你什么 |
[10:16] | Pardon me,I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:18] | You don’t have all the knives. | 刀并不都在这里 |
[10:20] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[10:21] | These are just the kitchen knives. | 这些只是厨房的刀 |
[10:23] | A chef’s knives are more personal | 一个厨师的刀是很私人的 |
[10:26] | to him and expensive.He would wrap them up and take them home | 对他来说,而且很贵 他会把他们包好带回家 |
[10:29] | at the end of his shift,always. | 在他下班后,总是如此 |
[10:35] | Detective daniels, | Daniels警官 |
[10:36] | see if you can find another financial connection | 看下你能否找到另一个财政联系 |
[10:38] | between karen bivas and dennis dutton. | 在Karen Bivas和Dennis Dutton之间 |
[10:40] | And have detective sanchez go by a food critic’s house | 还有让Sanchez警官去食评家家里 |
[10:43] | and see if he’ll give us his trash. | 看他会不会把他的垃圾给我们 |
[10:45] | Yes,thank you. | 好的,谢谢 |
[10:47] | Sure you don’t want the whole search unit? | 确定你不需要整个搜查队来? |
[10:49] | No,I want flynn and provenza to stay back | 不,我要Flynn和Provenza留下 |
[10:51] | so that they can follow him when I’m done. | 这里一有线索 他们就能开展跟踪行动 |
[10:53] | And I don’t want to alarm the guy. | 而且我不想惊动那个家伙 |
[10:55] | He might be seriously mourning the death of his wife. | 他可能由于他妻子的死很悲恸 |
[10:57] | Mr. Bivas,I’m deputy chief– | Bivas先生,我是代理警长– |
[10:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:01] | You’re the one who wouldn’t let me see my wife’s body. | 你就是那个不让我见我妻子遗体的人 |
[11:04] | Sir,if you could, | 先生,如果可以的话 |
[11:06] | we really need your help. | 我们真的很需要你的帮助 |
[11:10] | My wife was murdered,and you want my help? | 我妻子被谋杀了 而你们需要我的帮助? |
[11:15] | Sure. At your service. | 可以,愿意效劳 |
[11:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:27] | You have to excuse me.I had a death in the family. | 抱歉,我家有人死了 |
[11:32] | What do you need? | 你要什么? |
[11:35] | How can I assist you? | 我要怎么帮你? |
[11:36] | Well,anything you can tell us can be helpful. | 一切你能告诉我们的都会有帮助 |
[11:39] | But specifically, | 但有一点 |
[11:39] | I was wondering if you owned a personal set of knives. | 请问你是不是有一套私人的刀具? |
[11:42] | Yes,of course.What do you think? | 当然有,怎么? |
[11:45] | May I see them? | 我能看看吗? |
[11:48] | I have a warrant to look for them,but I’d rather not serve it. | 我搜查令,但我不希望使用它 |
[11:57] | Why do you want my knives? | 你为什么要看我的刀具? |
[12:00] | You suspect me,huh? | 你怀疑我? |
[12:02] | Is that it? | 是那样吗? |
[12:04] | You suspect i killed my wife? | 你怀疑我杀了我妻子? |
[12:05] | Mr. Bivas,I don’t want to make this day any more difficult | Bivas先生,我不想让事情变得麻烦 |
[12:08] | than necessary,but if you don’t– | 不过如果你不– |
[12:09] | I want you to leave.Now! | 我要你离开,马上! |
[12:11] | Sergeant gabriel,please alert the units we require backup. | Gabriel警佐 请通知各单位我们需要支援 |
[12:16] | Wait! | 等等! |
[12:23] | Hell. | 该死 |
[12:24] | Sure,why not? | 当然可以 |
[12:26] | You want my knives?I’ll give them to you. | 你要我的刀?我可以给你 |
[12:28] | Hey,you know what?I’ll take it from here. | 嘿,我来拿 |
[12:30] | All right? Why don’t you take a step back over that way. | 可以吗? 请后退 |
[12:34] | Thank you,sir. | 谢谢,先生 |
[12:58] | well,i excile the deep muscle wound in your victim | 我切下了受害者深层肌肉的伤口 |
[13:01] | and inserted every likely knife. | 插进了每把有可能的刀 |
[13:04] | So far,nothing. | 目前为止,什么都没发现 |
[13:06] | Well,how about these. | 这些呢 |
[13:09] | Hmm,ceramic. | 陶瓷的 |
[13:11] | Huh,fancy | 不错 |
[13:13] | and very sharp. | 很锋利 |
[13:16] | See,we can eliminate the short knives, | 我们可以排除短刀 |
[13:18] | because the wound is so very deep. | 因为伤口很深 |
[13:20] | And the serrated edge.What we’re looking for | 锯齿状的刀口,我们要找的是… |
[13:23] | is a single edge with a very fine point. | 单刃的头很尖的刀 |
[13:33] | Ecch. I think I just became a vegetarian. | 我想我刚成为一个素食者了 |
[13:35] | Have you determined the contents of her stomach? | 你检查了她胃里的东西了吗? |
[13:37] | Um,let me see,where is it? | 让我看看,在哪呢? |
[13:39] | Ah. Here we go. | 找到了 |
[13:40] | Well… | 呃… |
[13:42] | pretty exotic meal. | 不错的异国风味 |
[13:43] | Poor woman didn’t get much of a chance to enjoy it. | 可怜的女人还没来得及享用 |
[13:46] | Ok,gastric contents,about 500 milliliters of chewed,semi-solid food. | 胃里的东西,大概有500毫升咀嚼过的 半固体食物 |
[13:50] | Lettuce,soft cheese,mushrooms,white asparagus, | 生菜,干酪,蘑菇,白芦笋 |
[13:54] | and a very lean meat–ostrich. | 还有道营养食物–鸵鸟 |
[13:58] | Ostrich? | 鸵鸟? |
[14:00] | Followed by a nice red wine. | 下面是杯不错的红酒 |
[14:08] | Oh. Well,the good news is | 好消息是 |
[14:10] | we can stop looking for the knife. | 不用再找刀了 |
[14:13] | This murder is very hard, | 这个谋杀案很难办 |
[14:15] | and everyone’s pulling a second shift,and | 每个人都想办法推卸 |
[14:17] | I know you wanted to take me out to a restaurant,but I just– | 我知道你想带我去饭店,但我– |
[14:21] | I really don’t think i’m in the mood. | 真的没那个心情 |
[14:22] | It’s all right.I already canceled the reservation. | 没关系,我已经取消预约了 |
[14:24] | You did? When? | 取消了? 什么时候? |
[14:26] | Just a little after you got called in this morning. | 你今早打电话来之后 |
[14:30] | You’re calling to cancel,right? | 你是打电话来是让我取消的,是吗? |
[14:32] | Yeah,I’m sorry. | 是,对不起 |
[14:35] | I just– | 我只是– |
[14:37] | I’m really… | 我真的… |
[14:38] | having a hard time with this birthday,that’s all. | 这个生日真的不凑巧 |
[14:40] | Hey,you’re human.That’s allowed. | 嘿,你也是人,可以理解 |
[14:44] | Hey,did you get the flowers I sent you? | 嘿,收到我送你的花了吗? |
[14:46] | Oh! I did. | 噢,收到了 |
[14:48] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:49] | They’re very pretty. | 很漂亮 |
[14:52] | And big. | 而且很大 |
[14:55] | Oh,I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:57] | My meeting’s ready.I gotta go. | 要开会了,我要走了 |
[14:59] | All right bye. | 好的,再见 |
[15:00] | Bye. | 再见 |
[15:02] | Commander. | 队长 |
[15:03] | Chief. | 警长 |
[15:06] | Um,I,uh– | 我,呃– |
[15:09] | I just need a little clarification about | 我想要你说明下 |
[15:11] | why you want so many people from | 为什么你要这么多 |
[15:13] | the hollywood division to help you with this case. | Hollywood区的人来帮你破这个案子 |
[15:15] | You have a likely suspect and a weapon,too,no? | 你不是抓到了嫌疑犯 找到了凶器了吗? |
[15:20] | The blade fits,but we have no forensic evidence | 刀刃是吻合的 但我们没有证据证明 |
[15:23] | tying that particular knife to the murder. | 那把刀就是谋杀案的凶器 |
[15:25] | It only suggests that the killer might’ve been a cook. | 只能说明凶手可能是个厨子 |
[15:27] | Yeah,I believe the french term is chef,which the husband is, | 法语词应该是厨师 那个丈夫就是 |
[15:31] | and he’s roaming the streets. | 而他正在街道上闲逛 |
[15:33] | We have flynn and provenza tailing him, | 我让Flynn和Provenza跟着他 |
[15:35] | so if he has a girlfriend, | 如果他有女朋友 |
[15:37] | or it turns out that he tries to flee the country, | 或是他想从这里逃走 |
[15:39] | we’ll find out about it. | 我们会知道的 |
[15:41] | But,as it turns out, | 但是,根据情况看来 |
[15:42] | we have another suspect in the mix, | 我们还有一个嫌疑人被卷入了 |
[15:45] | because chez paul’s sole investor is dennis dutton. | 因为Chez Paul餐馆唯一的投资者 是Dennis Dutton |
[15:49] | And he was there last night. | 他昨晚在那儿 |
[15:50] | That’s not good. | 那可不妙 |
[15:51] | But he has an alibi. | 但他有不在场证明 |
[15:54] | Oh. Well,that’s not good,either. | 噢,那也不妙 |
[15:56] | And she wants us to serve search warrants on the | 而且她想让我们搜查Dutton的住处 |
[15:59] | dutton estate so we can grab last night’s tapes | 这样我们可以找出 |
[16:01] | off of all the security cameras. | 昨晚的安全录像带 |
[16:03] | I need to find out when he came home last night. | 我想知道他昨晚何时回家的 |
[16:05] | And she wants 7/24 surveillance on the guy after that. | 并且之后她要求全天候监视他 |
[16:09] | In case he tries to flee the country,which he’s done before. | 以防他逃离出境,就像以前做过的那样 |
[16:12] | But–wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[16:14] | Maybe there’s something i’m not understanding. | 我有点不明白 |
[16:15] | You said dutton has an alibi. | 你说过Dutton有不在场证明 |
[16:18] | Yeah,but I don’t like it. | 对,可我觉得信不过 |
[16:21] | Oh. Well,I’ll be sure and pass that along to the judge | 当我们向法官申请搜查令时 |
[16:24] | when we ask for a search warrant. | 这一点也需要确认清楚 |
[16:26] | Look,you have a team. | 你有个团队 |
[16:28] | You manage their resources. | 所以你分配资源 |
[16:30] | You have 2 people on the chef. | 你有2个人盯着厨师 |
[16:32] | Obviously you think he might have done it. | 显然你认为他做了什么 |
[16:35] | Um,what can I say? | 我还能说什么呢? |
[16:38] | Either break the alibi that dutton has, | 要不推翻Dutton的不在场证明 |
[16:40] | or come back with a better story. | 要不就编个好点的故事再来 |
[16:43] | Please. | 求你了 |
[16:46] | Gabriel. | |
[16:49] | Oh,I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:50] | Oh,I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:52] | Oh,I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[16:53] | Oh,good. | 很好 |
[16:54] | Stopped by our food critic’s house. | 去了美食家的住处 |
[16:56] | His garbage was in the garage,so I asked him for it. | 他的垃圾在车库里 所以我向他索要 |
[16:59] | He didn’t seem nervous about it. | 看起来他并不紧张 |
[17:02] | Chateau margot ’86. | 86年Chateau margot葡萄酒 |
[17:04] | Isn’t that what | 这个不就是 |
[17:06] | newman said he and dennis were drinking? | Newman所说的他和Dennis喝的? |
[17:08] | Yes,it is. | 是的 |
[17:10] | We should have those dusted for prints. | 需要拿去验指纹 |
[17:13] | I believe we have dennis’ on file. | 我想我们有Dennis的指纹在案 |
[17:16] | If his fingers even touched these bottles, | 如果他的指纹碰过酒瓶 |
[17:19] | I’ll eat my words. | 我就食言了 |
[17:22] | What about lieutenant provenza? | Provenza副队长那里怎么样了? |
[17:24] | Have we heard anything from him? | 他那里有消息吗? |
[17:25] | Or has chef paul done anything incriminating, | 或是厨师Paul做了什么 |
[17:29] | like walking around hollywood waving a knife in the air, | 比如在好莱坞拿着刀 |
[17:31] | saying,”hey,I killed my wife.Who wants me next?” | 大喊”嘿,我杀了我妻子,谁想做下一个” |
[17:36] | Uh,no,and no. | 不,不可能 |
[17:41] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[17:43] | I’m gonna take these flowers down to my car. | 我把花放进车里 |
[17:45] | Pardon me. | 借过 |
[17:47] | Pardon.thank you. | 借过,谢谢 |
[17:52] | She’s weirder than usual today. | 她今天比往常更古怪 |
[17:54] | Hey,people think being the boss is so great.It’s not. | 别人以为做上级很棒,其实不是 |
[17:58] | It’s hard work. | 很难做 |
[18:03] | Yeah,she’s a little weirder than usual. | 是的,她是比往常更古怪了点 |
[18:13] | Chief? | 警长? |
[18:15] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧? |
[18:17] | Yes,I just… | 是的,有点… |
[18:22] | not where I expected to be today,is all. | 和我预想的今天不同而已 |
[18:25] | Right,you were going to dinner. | 对,你要去吃饭 |
[18:28] | What? | 什么? |
[18:32] | Oh. Right. | 对啊 |
[18:36] | Right. | 是啊 |
[18:39] | I was. I was.Were you looking for me? | 是的啊,你在找我? |
[18:42] | Uh,dennis dutton. | |
[18:44] | He said he didn’t really know paul or karen bivas | 他说在投资他们的餐馆前 |
[18:48] | before investing in their restaurant,right? | 不认识Paul和Karen Bivas,对吧? |
[18:49] | Right. | 对 |
[18:50] | Well,that’s funny,because I read | 奇怪的是 |
[18:51] | tom newman’s review of chez paul, | 我看到Tom Newman对Chez Paul的评论 |
[18:53] | and the restaurant karen worked at | 在他们夫妇开餐馆之前 |
[18:55] | before she and her husband opened theirs,l’amboise? | Karen曾经在L’amboise工作过 |
[18:58] | Yes? | 怎么了? |
[18:59] | Meet one of their limited partners. | 看看其中的一个投资伙伴 |
[19:02] | Dennis dutton. | |
[19:03] | You’re blowing this way out of proportion,as I knew you would. | 你小题大做了,正如我想象的一样 |
[19:08] | Karen managed the dining room for walter lasalle, | Karen为Walter Lasalle管理餐馆 |
[19:11] | who owns 3/4 of l’amboise,by the way. | 而Lasalle拥有L’amboise四分之三股权 |
[19:14] | And one night, | 有一晚 |
[19:15] | while she was seating me, | 她坐在我身边 |
[19:16] | karen mentioned that she and her husband | Karen提到她和丈夫考虑自己开店 |
[19:18] | were thinking of opening a restaurant of their own, | |
[19:20] | which concerned me. | 而我有兴趣 |
[19:22] | Look,paul bivas was the reason most people were | Paul Bivas是大部分人去L’amboise的原因 |
[19:24] | coming to l’amboise in the first place. | |
[19:25] | What about walter lasalle? | 那Walter Lasalle呢? |
[19:28] | Walter only owned the place. | Walter只是所有人 |
[19:30] | He’s a professional snob,not a cook. | 他是自以为是的人,不是厨师 |
[19:33] | So,karen showed me her business plan, | Karen给我看了商业计划 |
[19:35] | I gave her the money,the end. | 我给她投资,就这些 |
[19:37] | And how did walter take the news that his chef | Walter得知他的厨师和经理要离开始 有何反应 |
[19:39] | and manager were leaving? | |
[19:43] | I always wondered what made him angrier– | 我一直在想什么会让他更生气 |
[19:45] | them quitting,or karen breaking off their relationship. | 是他们辞职 还是Karen和他分手 |
[19:49] | Are you saying that walter and karen had an affair? | 你是指Walter和Karen有染? |
[19:52] | No. I’m saying they had sex. | 不是,我是说他们上过床 |
[19:57] | Did chef paul know? | Paul知道吗? |
[19:59] | No. | 不知道 |
[20:00] | How can you be so sure? | 你为什么确定? |
[20:01] | Because walter lasalle is still alive. | 因为Walter Lasalle没被杀死 |
[20:06] | If you had plans for this evening, | 如果你今晚有约的话 |
[20:09] | now might be a good time for you to cancel them. | 最好现在就取消 |
[20:21] | I’m telling you,flynn,this guy’s drunk as a skunk. | 我说,Flynn,这家伙喝成醉鬼了 |
[20:24] | Really? Yeah. | 是吗 |
[20:26] | Well,let me ask you. | 那我问你 |
[20:27] | You usually get bombed before you go out to dinner? | 你出外吃饭前会烂醉如泥吗? |
[20:30] | Depends on who my date is. | 那要看和谁吃饭 |
[20:33] | At least he hasn’t gone inside. | 至少他没进去 |
[20:37] | Pacing,pacing. | 来回走动 |
[20:42] | Walking around this ugly track–oh,taking another swig. | 不停的来回走–猛喝一口 |
[20:48] | Hang on,hang on. | 等下,等下 |
[20:50] | I think he’s going in,flynn. I don’t like the way he looks. | 他要进去了,Flynn 他脸色很凶 |
[20:53] | Meet you inside.–I’ll see you inside. | – 里面会合 – 里面见 |
[21:04] | Someone call 911! | 快拨求救电话! |
[21:07] | He’s gonna kill him! | 他要杀人! |
[21:08] | Kill who?–Walter! | – 杀谁? |
[21:13] | Come on!Call the police! | 快叫警察! |
[21:16] | Mr. Bivas! | Bivas先生! |
[21:17] | Put the knife down!Get on the floor! | 把刀放下!跪下! |
[21:20] | He’s trying to kill me! | 他要杀我! |
[21:21] | All right,just stay calm,sir. | 先生,请冷静点 |
[21:23] | Mr. Bivas, | Bivas先生 |
[21:24] | I said put down your knife. | 我叫你把刀放下 |
[21:28] | It’s not mine.It’s his. | 刀不是我的,是他的 |
[21:29] | He has the same knives. | 他用的是一样的刀 |
[21:30] | I don’t care! | 我不在乎! |
[21:32] | Put the knife down,now! | 马上把刀放下! |
[21:34] | And he hated karen. | 他恨Karen |
[21:35] | You murdered my wife! | 你谋杀了我妻子! |
[21:36] | Shoot him! Shoot him! | 开枪,开枪 |
[21:40] | Listen to me,mr. Bivas. | 听我说,Bivas先生 |
[21:42] | Mr. Bivas,listen to me! | 听我说,Bivas先生! |
[21:44] | Drop that knife. | 把刀丢了 |
[21:47] | Confess. | 坦白 |
[21:48] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[21:50] | Liar! Stay back! | 骗人! 退后! |
[21:52] | Son,I am too old to fight you, | 我老了 不能和你动手 |
[21:53] | so if you don’t put that knife down at the count of 5, | 如果我数5下你不扔刀 |
[21:56] | I’m going to shoot you dead. | 我就会打死你 |
[21:58] | One… | |
[22:00] | 2… | |
[22:01] | make him confess first! | 让他先坦白! |
[22:02] | I don’t negotiate. 4… | 我不谈判. 4… |
[22:12] | now, turn around. | 转过身去 |
[22:26] | We should’ve shot them both. | 真该朝他们两个人开枪 |
[22:39] | Hi. Um… | 嗨, 嗯… |
[22:40] | sorry about earlier. | 先头的事情,真对不起 |
[22:43] | I just want you to know that nothing would make me happier | 我来是想告诉你 当时我把Dennis Dutton打翻 |
[22:45] | than putting dennis dutton behind bars. | 可以让我心里好受一些 |
[22:47] | Oh. Well, | 噢 |
[22:49] | I might be wrong about that. | 在那件事上我可能错了 |
[22:51] | It’s possible i’m overreacting | 我可能是反应过度了 |
[22:54] | but I still think his alibi stinks. | 但我还是认为他的辩解糟透了 |
[22:57] | Have you eaten anything today? | 今天你吃过什么没有? |
[22:59] | Because it occurs to me that this is actually a special occasion for you. | 因为我突然意识到 这可能是一次特殊的机会 |
[23:03] | And I thought you might be hungry. | 我想你应该是饿了 |
[23:06] | Oh! You shouldn’t have done that. | 噢! 你没必要这样做 |
[23:10] | This is mama’s kitchen, the best southern food in L.A. | 这是妈妈的手艺 洛杉矶最棒的南方食品 |
[23:13] | And considering how dangerous going out to eat has suddenly become… | 考虑到在外面吃的危险性… |
[23:17] | oh, nice flowers. From fritz? | 噢, 花很漂亮, Fritz送的? |
[23:19] | yeah. I just don’t know where to put these. | 是啊, 我还没想好把它放在哪里呢 |
[23:23] | I could never send flowers to estelle. | 我一直没有送花给Estelle |
[23:25] | She’s allergic to… | 她有些过敏… |
[23:27] | well, everything. | 对所有东西都是 |
[23:28] | Maybe I’ll send her a nice bouquet to celebrate when the divorce is final. | 也许在离婚手续办完之后 我该送她一束花庆祝庆祝 |
[23:34] | It’s amazing how fast you can go from… | 难以置信, 人们竟然可以从… |
[23:37] | from being partners to adversaries. | 朋友变成敌手 |
[23:41] | Yeah. I’m sorry about that. | 对此我深表遗憾 |
[23:45] | Oh, here… I almost forgot. | 哦… 差点忘了 |
[23:48] | – Happy birthday. – Oh! | – 生日快乐 – 噢! |
[23:51] | You didn’t have to do that! I… | 你没必要这样做! 我… |
[23:53] | just consider it an apology for all the times i forgot your birthday when… | 就把这当作是我对你的歉意吧 有很多次本该为你庆祝一下的 |
[24:00] | when it might have counted for something. | 结果最后我却忘了 |
[24:03] | You don’t need to apologize. | 你没有必要道歉 |
[24:07] | I think I do. | 我想这是我应该的 |
[24:09] | Karma’s a bitch. | Karma’是个婊子 |
[24:12] | And her name is estelle. | 她的名字叫Estelle |
[24:15] | And look, we haven’t had dinner together in | 瞧, 我们没在一起共进晚餐已经有… |
[24:19] | I don’t know how long. | 我记不起来有多久了 |
[24:21] | This is not exactly chez paul, I know, but… | 我知道, 准确地说, 这里不是Chez Paul 不过… |
[24:26] | – Excuse me. – Commander. | – 打扰一下 – 队长 |
[24:28] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[24:33] | Yeah, yeah. | 好吧, 好吧 |
[24:34] | the chef and the fellow flint roughed out. | 厨师, 还有那个家伙, Flint已经带来了 |
[24:37] | They’re through processing ready for questioning | 他们已经办完了手续 可以接受审问了 |
[24:40] | Thank you very much. That’s great. | 非常感谢, 很好 |
[24:43] | Well, pardon me. | 你看, 真抱歉 |
[24:48] | Thanks for going to so much trouble. | 谢谢你的好意 |
[24:56] | some take-out here. You should help yourself, commander. | 这里有外卖 你可以好好享用了, 队长 |
[24:59] | It’ll be stone cold by the time I get back. | 我回来之后就变得跟石头一样硬了 |
[25:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:07] | Is that, fried okra? | 是这个么, 油炸秋葵? |
[25:12] | Have a seat. | 慢慢吃吧 |
[25:24] | How about we put these… | 不如把这些… |
[25:25] | oh, thank you, buzz. Thank you. | 哦, 谢谢, Buzz, 谢谢 |
[25:28] | Just leave them alone. No one touches these flowers, ok? | 别动它们 谁也不要碰它们, 好么? |
[25:32] | – Yes,ma’am. – Thank you. | – 遵命 – 谢谢 |
[25:45] | You must know i intend to press charges against the police. | 你一定知道了 我要控告那些警察 |
[25:49] | Well, mr. Lasalle, my detectives certainly wish they hadn’t hurt you | 好吧, Lasalle先生, 我的手下很确信 他们在救下你的命的过程中 |
[25:53] | in the process of saving your life… | 并没有伤到你 |
[25:54] | yeah, we’re all broken up about it, you creep. | 是啊, 我们对这一点很确信 |
[25:57] | But we have some information about your relationship with the bivases | 根据我们所掌握的消息 你和Bivas一家人的关系不普通 |
[26:01] | that we have to follow up on. | 所以我们要继续查下去 |
[26:02] | What sort of information? | 是哪种消息? |
[26:04] | Well, we’re trying to figure out | 好吧, 我们很想知道 |
[26:05] | why chef paul tried to kill you after his wife was murdered | 在他的妻子被谋杀之后 Paul为什么试图要杀死你 |
[26:08] | which leads me to a delicate question. | 这让我们产生一个疑问 |
[26:10] | It’s regarding an affair that you had with karen. | 关于你和Karen的关系 |
[26:15] | Am i under investigation? Well, I suppose I am. | 我现在是不是在接受调查? 我认为是 |
[26:17] | You people are amazing. That animal came into my restaurant and tried to kill me! | 你们是不是疯了? 那个禽兽闯进我的餐馆想杀死我 |
[26:23] | Last night, after her husband left karen stayed late to do the books. | 昨天晚上, 在她丈夫离开之后 karen呆得很晚来完成那些账本 |
[26:27] | She made a lovely dinner for 2 and then something went terribly wrong. | 她刚刚享受完一场温馨的二人晚餐 然后迎接她的就是可怕的事实 |
[26:33] | Oh! Quelle horreur! | 噢! 太可怕了! |
[26:35] | And this was a woman with whom you were having an affair. | 而正是你跟这个女人有一腿 |
[26:39] | The affaire, as you are referring to it | 你所指的关系 |
[26:42] | was 4 years ago and lasted maybe 6 weeks. | 发生于4年以前, 持续了大概6个星期 |
[26:45] | And if paul knew about it | 假如Paul知道这个 |
[26:46] | it certainly didn’t prevent him from coming to work for me. | 看来也并没有阻止他 过来为我干活 |
[26:51] | Are you saying you hired him when you were carrying on with his wife? | 你是说你雇用了他 而当时却还在跟他的妻子发生关系? |
[26:54] | No. She stopped carrying on with me the day after i gave paul the job. | 没有, 在我给Paul这份工作之后 她就停止跟我交往了 |
[27:00] | I’m certain it’s the only reason she slept with me to begin with.. | 我很确信, 这就是她一开始 跟我睡觉的原因 |
[27:03] | stupid cow. | 蠢猪 |
[27:04] | But so what? Who cares? Life goes on. | 这又怎么样? 谁会在意呢? 生活仍然会继续 |
[27:06] | But this notion that karen was cooking up a romantic late-night dinner for 2 | 不过认为Karen正在准备一场 浪漫的深夜二人晚餐 |
[27:10] | It’s absurd. Because the woman could barely crack an egg. | 这实在是太荒谬了 那个女人连打个蛋都不敢 |
[27:15] | – Excuse me. – Oh, she knew about food | – 再说一遍? – 噢, 她了解美食 |
[27:17] | of course and the business, but cooking? | 当然, 还有生意上的事, 但是烹饪? |
[27:20] | Even I would be better in the kitchen than she was. | 甚至我在厨房里 都可以比她表现得要好 |
[27:25] | You’re saying that neither you nor karen cooked. | 你是说, 你和Karen都没有下厨 |
[27:28] | But the knife that chef paul was holding to your neck | 但当我的侦探们赶到时 Paul举到你脖子旁边的那把刀 |
[27:31] | when my detectives arrived-that was from your set. Was it not? | 却是你的, 不是么? |
[27:34] | Yes. But I never use them. | 是的, 不过我从来没有用过 |
[27:37] | Well, then why did you buy them? | 那你干嘛要买呢? |
[27:37] | I didn’t. It was a gift from one of my investors. | 不是我买的 是一个投资商送给我的礼物 |
[27:43] | – Dennis dutton? – Voila. | – 是的 |
[27:45] | I introduced him to karen. | 是我把他介绍给karen的 |
[27:48] | And he stole her away from me in more ways than one. | 而他却想方设法 把她从我身边偷走 |
[27:51] | I can assure you… I tell you I was… | 我可以向你保证… 我跟你说… |
[27:54] | and by the way, he gave them knives as well. | 顺便说一句, 他也送了他们一套刀具 |
[27:58] | That man is knife happy. | 那个人可一见到刀就高兴 |
[28:06] | She said not to touch her flowers | 她说过, 不要动她的花 |
[28:08] | I’m not touching her flowers. I’m touching the basket. | 我没有动她的花 我只是在碰篮子 |
[28:10] | She didn’t say leave the basket alone, did she? | 她并没有说连篮子也不让碰, 不是么? |
[28:16] | – Now you’re reading her card. – Shut up, buzz. | – 你又在看给他的贺卡 – 闭嘴, Buzz |
[28:19] | You see a stamp? She’s been a nut job ever since these flowers arrived | 看到邮票没有? 花送到后 她就不正常了 |
[28:22] | and I want to know why. | 我想知道为什么 |
[28:28] | This also explains why she’s off sugar. | 这也解释了她为什么不想吃糖 |
[28:30] | ” Happy Birthday! You’re 40 years young, and I love you. “ | “生日快乐! 你已经度过 40个年轻的岁月了, 我爱你” |
[28:37] | Fritz. | |
[28:40] | I kept my sexual relationship with karen | 我没有交待我跟karen有过性关系 |
[28:43] | a secret because i knew if you found out | 是因为我清楚 如果你们知道 |
[28:45] | I’d been sleeping with a murder victim, you’d be suspicious. | 我和一位谋杀案的受害者上过床 你们一定会怀疑的 |
[28:47] | Did paul know you were having non-romantic sex with his wife? | Paul是否知道你和他的妻子 有过单纯的性关系? |
[28:50] | – We were discrete. – And this arrangement ended? | – 我们分手了 – 而这一系列关系也结束了? |
[28:54] | The moment I executed the wire transfer that financed chez paul. | 从我注资Chez Paul那一刻开始 |
[28:57] | So, it sounds to me less like anonymous sex and more like a dutton paying to get laid. | 对我来说, 这听上去不像是一场秘密的 性关系, 倒更像是Dutton在花钱招妓 |
[29:03] | I never pay for sex. I don’t have to pay for sex. | 我从没花钱买过妓 我也没有必要这样做 |
[29:08] | I could introduce you to about 100 women | 我可以介绍100个女人给你认识认识 |
[29:10] | who’d pay me to have sex with them. You stupid bitch. | 她们愿意付钱与我上床 你这个蠢婆娘 |
[29:13] | She was using me. She used me to help her husband. | 她是在利用我 她利用我来帮助她丈夫 |
[29:17] | Oh, you’re so angry, dennis. | 噢, 别这么生气, Dennis |
[29:27] | Is there something romantic about ceramic knives? | 那些陶瓷刀具 有没有什么比较浪漫的地方? |
[29:33] | Because you bought walter lasalle | 因为你给walter lasalle |
[29:35] | and paul bivas a set,and we were wondering if maybe you bought yourself a set, too. | 还有paul bivas各买了一套 我们在想你会不会给自己也买一套 |
[29:40] | They’re presents for the opening nights of their restaurants. | 那是他们餐馆开业那天晚上 所赠送的礼物 |
[29:44] | Listen to me. I have nothing to gain by karen’s death. | 听我说, karen的死 不会让我得到任何好处 |
[29:48] | In fact, her business sense was so key to the success of that restaurant | 事实上, 她对生意上的良好感觉 对餐馆的经营非常重要 |
[29:53] | that I tried to get her to change her insurance policy. | 我还让她修改了 自己的人身保险 |
[29:56] | Yeah, she had it going to her husband. | 是的, 受益人是她的丈夫 |
[29:58] | I wanted it to go to chez paul. | 我也想受益人是Chez Paul |
[30:00] | Because I felt that without karen the restaurant might go to pieces. | 因为我察觉得到, 如果没有Karen 餐馆就会分崩离析 |
[30:05] | All the life insurance is in the bivas name. | 所有的人身保险都投到了bivas的名下 |
[30:08] | In fact, karen just increased her benefit to her husband. | 事实上, Karen刚刚增加了 她丈夫受益的数额 |
[30:11] | If his wife dies the chef settlement is in the 7-figures. | 如果她妻子死了 Paul将会获得7位数 |
[30:15] | Double that if she’s the victim of a homicide. | 如果是被谋杀的 赔偿将会加倍 |
[30:18] | So, dennis has no motive and an alibi. | 这么说, Dennis没有动机 但有不在场证明 |
[30:21] | And paul bivas has multi-million dollar pay-off and an unfaithful wife. | 而Paul Bivas却可因此获得数百万 和一个不忠的妻子 |
[30:25] | What do we do now? | 我们该怎么做? |
[30:28] | well, first I need a complete list of everything | 首先, 我需要一份 最近两个星期以来 |
[30:31] | that was served at I’amboise and chez paul over the past 2 weeks. | 所有在I’amboise和chez paul 上班的人的清单 |
[30:33] | – And then? | – And then – 接着呢? – 接下来 |
[30:35] | we’re going to have to send this crime back to the chef. | 我们准备回头去找厨师 调查一下这起案子 |
[30:42] | – Thank you. – Oh, I still can’t get used to the pink. | – 谢谢 – 噢, 我还是适应不了这种粉红色 |
[30:46] | Well, it’s supposed to have a calming effect. | 这种颜色会有镇静作用 |
[30:47] | Just imagine how much worse it would be without it. | 我只是在想, 如果不是这种颜色 情况会变得多糟 |
[30:49] | Please! I don’t want to be in here. | 拜托! 我不想呆在这里 |
[30:52] | Please let me out! Let me out! | 让我出去! 让我出去! |
[30:56] | – Let me out. – Mr. Bivas, I’m sorry to intrude | – 让我出去 – Bivas先生, 恕我冒昧 |
[30:59] | but I need to know what the specials were at your restaurant the night your wife died. | 不过我想知道你妻子被害当晚 餐馆有什么特别的没有 |
[31:03] | What difference does it make? | 这又会怎么样? |
[31:05] | We had a steak and a chicken and a fish like always! | 我们吃了一份牛排, 一份鸡, 还有一份鱼 就跟往常一样! |
[31:08] | Now let me out of here, please! | 快让我离开这里! |
[31:09] | Or go away! Go away! | 要么快滚! 滚! |
[31:12] | I can’t away go away,mr. Bivas. There’s some things in life you can’t send packin’. | 我不能就这么走, Bivas先生 这个事情你不能推到别人身上 |
[31:16] | That you have to face up to. And right now, for you, that thing is me. | 不得不自己面对 现在, 我正在帮你 |
[31:21] | Now, you’re under arrest for assault and attempted murder. | 你因伤害他人身体和谋杀未遂而被逮捕 |
[31:25] | A homicide charge might not be far behind. | 接下来就是凶杀罪了 |
[31:28] | We found your wife’s life insurance policy Mr. Bivas. | 我们找到了你妻子的保险单, Bivas先生 |
[31:32] | And you are a very,very rich man. | 你已经是一个非常, 非常有钱的人了 |
[31:37] | What? | 什么? |
[31:39] | But you won’t be able to spend a multi-million dollar benefit in here. | 不过, 你无法在这里 花掉那几百万美元赔付 |
[31:43] | Now, this is what i want you to do. | 现在, 这就是我要你做的 |
[31:44] | Paul, look at me. Face me! Paul, look up! | Paul, 看着我, 看着我! Paul, 抬起头来! |
[31:50] | Good. Now, answer my questions. | 很好, 现在, 回答我的问题 |
[31:54] | Did you go to l’amboise’s last night | 你昨晚去l’amboise了吗 |
[31:57] | because you thought that walter lasalle murdered your wife | 因为你认为walter lasalle杀了你妻子 |
[31:59] | or because you found out that walter had been sleeping with her? | 还是因为你发现了他们的奸情? |
[32:05] | Surely you knew about the affair that karen had with walter. | 你肯定知道karen和walter有染 |
[32:08] | It’s how you got your job at l’amboise’S. | 这是你得到l’amboise工作的手段 |
[32:11] | Were you planning on going after Mr. Dutton next? | 你计划下一个是Dutton先生吗? |
[32:14] | Dennis dutton? | |
[32:17] | Karen slept with him to get money for your restaurant. | Karen为了给你的餐馆筹钱 而和他上了床 |
[32:20] | She was acting as if you were her pimp. | 从她的行为来看 你是她皮条客 |
[32:24] | Are you telling me you didn’t know about this? | 难道你毫不知情? |
[32:29] | No. | 不知道 |
[32:34] | Karen told me that all those wonderful things happened to me because… | Karen告诉我有这些好事 |
[32:38] | ’cause I was so talented. | 是因为我有能力 |
[32:41] | People wanted me. | 人们要我 |
[32:43] | That’s how muchshe loved me. | 她很爱我 |
[32:47] | That she did those things… | 她做的事情… |
[32:50] | because she loved me so much. | 都是因为她太爱我 |
[33:21] | Do we have the menu from l’amboise’s? | 我们有l’amboise的菜单吗? |
[33:24] | Yeah, and a list of contents from their kitchen. | 他们厨房的用料清单 |
[33:26] | No ostrich. | 没有鸵鸟 |
[33:27] | And when I asked lasalle if he ever served it, he laughed. | 当我问lasalle他有没有做时,他笑了 |
[33:30] | The chef had the knives, the insurance, and his wife was screwing around on him. | 厨师有刀,有保险 还有个背着他乱搞的老婆 |
[33:35] | That’s worth a 5-star rating. | 他的可能性为五星 |
[33:37] | Yeah, well, I’m not sure he knew about the insurance or the affairs. | 我认为他不知道保险和外遇 |
[33:40] | Well, Mr. Lasalle had a lot of motive. | Lasalle先生也有不少动机 |
[33:43] | His restaurant was failing, falling apart. | 餐馆生意不好, 人也快崩溃 |
[33:45] | And he got he same knives and he was boning her, too. | 他有同样的刀而且和她有染 |
[33:48] | Yeah, but he doesn’t cook. Could be lyin’. | 对,但他不会做菜,可能他在撒谎 |
[33:51] | – Which leaves us with dennis dutton. – Also boning her. | – 剩下dennis dutton – 也和她有染 |
[33:54] | We all know how he takes rejection. | 我们知道如何他被拒绝 |
[33:57] | He doesn’t cook either, and he had an alibi. | 他不会做菜,而且有不在场证明 |
[33:59] | Except… wait a minute. Wait. | 除了… 等下 |
[34:04] | Did you ever find dennis dutton’s fingerprints | 在newman的垃圾里 |
[34:07] | on those wine bottles in newman’s trash? | 你找到dennis dutton的指纹了吗? |
[34:10] | No, ma’am, sorry. | 没有 很遗憾 |
[34:11] | Sergeant gabriel, how many stores in the area do you think sell ostrich meat? | gabriel警佐,案发区有多少店卖驼鸟肉? |
[34:17] | We can find out. Why? | 能查到 为什么? |
[34:19] | Because I think i realize how to break dennis dutton’s alibi. | 我知道如何推翻 dennis dutton的不在场证明 |
[34:23] | – Chief, what are you doing? – I’m looking at the stars. | – 警长,你做什么? – 我在看可能性评级 |
[34:28] | Very nice of you to ask me out to lunch. | 非常感谢你邀我共进午餐 |
[34:30] | Oh, thank you so much for agreeing to speak with me again about the murder. | 谢谢你能和我再谈谋杀案 |
[34:40] | I know how irritating it must be to be asked | 当同样的问题一次次的被问起 |
[34:42] | the same questions over and over again. | 我了解这会很烦人 |
[34:44] | But if I could get rid of this alibi | 如果我能推翻你和dennis dutton |
[34:46] | that you’ve arranged with dennis dutton, I could make my arrest. | 商量的不在场证明,我就能破案了 |
[34:49] | – It’s not arranged… – please, just let me finish. | – 这不是商量好的… – 请让我说完 |
[34:53] | Because I have all this evidence… | 因为我有所有证据… |
[34:54] | how could you have evidence against dennis | 当karen被杀时他和我在一起 |
[34:56] | when he was with me when karen was murdered? | 你怎么会有针对dennis的证据? |
[34:59] | Because the knife that was used to kill karen bivas… | 因为杀害karen bivas的刀… |
[35:02] | dennis gives knives just like it to every chef he knows. | dennis给所有他认识的厨师刀具 |
[35:05] | But more important than that dennis was sleeping with the victim. | 更重要的是他和死者上床 |
[35:09] | What? Ok, well, now you’re just lying. | 什么? 你在撒谎 |
[35:12] | No. No, I’m not. He-he-he told me so himself. | 不,我没有 他自己告诉我的 |
[35:17] | Dennis told you that he had sex with karen? | Dennis告诉你他和karen发生了关系? |
[35:19] | Well, first he told me that she had slept with walter lasalle. | 首先他告诉她和walter lasalle有了关系 |
[35:22] | That was to get her husband hired as the chef here. | 目的是为了使她丈夫能在那里工作 |
[35:26] | But then, dennis admitted that karen threw her legs | 然后dennis承认karen和他有染 |
[35:29] | up in the air to get him to invest in chez paul. | 来使他投资给chez paul |
[35:33] | Just look at how angry dennis is talking about the way she used him. | 看看dennis说到被利用是多么气愤 |
[35:40] | She was using me! She used me to help her husband! | 她利用了我! 利用我去帮他丈夫! |
[35:44] | Oh, you’re so angry, dennis. | 你很生气, dennis |
[35:46] | See. Karen wasn’t a slut. | 看到了 Karen不是骚货 |
[35:52] | She was very selective in that sense. | 她很挑剔 |
[35:54] | She chose her lovers for what they could do for her. | 她寻找能帮助她的男人 |
[36:00] | All right. All right. All right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[36:06] | Dennis-ooh… was not at my house during the time of the murder. | Dennis在谋杀时不在我家 |
[36:11] | And you didn’t see him again after he left the restaurant? | 他离开餐馆后你没看到过他? |
[36:16] | – No. – And you’ll sign a sworn statement | – 没看到 – 你会为你的话写下保证吗 我会的 |
[36:18] | – to that effect? – I will. | |
[36:25] | Of course, considering that walter and dennis had already given karen | 考虑到walter和dennis 已经满足了karen的要求 |
[36:30] | what she wanted, obviously. because she stopped having sex with them | 显然因为她停止与他们发生性关系 |
[36:33] | I started to ask myself | 我开始问自己 |
[36:35] | on whom else might she use this unconventional business plan of hers. | 她还会用这招来骗谁 |
[36:39] | Thank you. Now that she had chez paul what did karen need next? | 谢谢 既然她有chez paul 那karen还要什么? |
[36:44] | And the answer is a rave review. | 答案是绝好的美食评价 |
[36:49] | Excuse me, are you… | 对不起,你在 |
[36:51] | are you suggesting that I traded my review with karen bivas for sex? | 暗示我用评价换取 与karen bivas发生性关系? |
[36:54] | No. That’s what she did. | 不,那是她做的 |
[36:56] | You traded your review for love. | 你用评价来换爱情. |
[37:02] | Thank you. Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[37:14] | – This is not what I ordered. – No, it’s what you made. | – 这不是我点的 – 是你做的 |
[37:19] | Ostrich medallions with chanterelle mushrooms and white asparagus. | 蘑菇竹笋烧驼鸟肉 |
[37:23] | Karen’s last meal. She didn’t have time to digest it all before she died. | Karen的最后一餐 她死前没完全消化 |
[37:28] | So I went to all 3 stores in the city that carry ostrich meat. | 我去了出售驼鸟肉的全部3家店 |
[37:31] | And if you push play again | 如果你再次按播放键 |
[37:32] | you can catch a video of yourself buying 2 pounds of it the night | 你会发现在karen被害当晚 |
[37:35] | that karen was murdered. | 你买了2磅驼鸟肉 |
[37:36] | And here is a receipt for a set of ceramic knives… | 还有购买套装刀具的收据 |
[37:42] | the ones used by only the very best chefs. | 顶级厨师使用的刀具 |
[37:44] | The same knives used to kill karen bivas. | 杀害karen bivas的工具 |
[37:47] | And now, thanks to your sworn statement, | 由于有了你的誓言 |
[37:48] | you no longer have an alibi for the night of the murder. | 你不再拥有当晚的不在场证明 |
[37:53] | This is ridiculous. I should leave. | 太荒谬了 我该离开 |
[37:55] | Well, you could do that, but then I won’t get a chance to tell you your options. | 请便 但那我就无法做交易了 |
[37:59] | Because the fact that you brought the murder weapons with you | 因为你买凶器 |
[38:02] | that looks like premeditation. And that’s first degree murder. | 那就有预谋 就是一级谋杀 |
[38:06] | But if you acted in the heat of passion, if there were mitigating circumstances | 但如果你是冲动犯罪,如果可以从轻 |
[38:10] | I can help you. | 那我可以帮你 |
[38:12] | You sit there and make all these accusations against me? | 你来指控我? |
[38:14] | Now you say you can help me. What can you do? | 现在又说能帮我 你到底要干什么? |
[38:16] | I believe karen acted like she really cared about you. | 我相信karen装作在乎你 |
[38:20] | I believe that you told your wife you were in love with karen. | 我相信你告诉你妻子你爱上了karen |
[38:25] | That’s why your wife left you, isn’t it? | 这也正是妻子离开你的原因,不是吗? |
[38:29] | Yes. Of course. | 是的,当然 |
[38:35] | Karen told me all she needed was a reputation | Karen说她要的就是好名声来开餐馆 |
[38:37] | of her own to help me set up a restaurant. | |
[38:40] | And an adult chef with depth and real talent like me. | 像我一样有内涵和天赋的厨师 |
[38:43] | Not a child she had to watch every minute of the day and… | 而不是需要整天照顾的孩子 |
[38:47] | karen loved my food. | karen喜欢我的菜 |
[38:49] | She did. She did. | 她喜欢 她喜欢 |
[38:57] | – How could I know? – How could you know | – 我怎么会知道? – 你怎么知道 |
[39:00] | it all about the review? | 不仅仅是评论 |
[39:03] | You compromised your professional life | 你不顾职业道德 |
[39:04] | and threw away your personal one for what? | 为了什么丢弃家庭? |
[39:06] | For a fantasy. | 为了一个美梦 |
[39:08] | The reality was karen loved paul and no one else. | 事实是karen只爱paul |
[39:12] | Everything she did was for him. | 她做的一起都是为了他 |
[39:15] | And that’s what you found out the night before last. | 而正是你案发前发现的 |
[39:18] | And that’s why you killed her. Isn’t it? | 也是你要杀她的原因,是吧? |
[39:21] | Don’t you need to read me my rights? | 你要宣读我的权利吗? |
[39:26] | No. | 不 |
[39:28] | No, we’re in a non-custodial situation. You can leave anytime you want. | 现在不用负监护责任 你可以随时离开 |
[39:32] | But it’s better for you to get it all over with now. | 但最好现在就做了结 |
[39:36] | Tell me… | 告诉我… |
[39:37] | did you go to chez paul that night to end a life or start one? | 那晚去chez paul 你是要结束还是要重新开始生活? |
[39:41] | Because if you acted spontaneously | 因为你如果是本能的行为 |
[39:43] | I could file charges of second degree murder with the D.A. | 我可以让检察官以二级谋杀起诉你 |
[39:46] | Which allows for the possibility of parole. | 这样有保释的机会 |
[39:54] | What happened… | 发生的 |
[39:58] | what I did to karen was horrible. | 我对karen做的很可怕 |
[40:04] | I went home, and I got drunk. | 我喝醉回家 |
[40:07] | Then I decided to try and make the next day as normal as possible. | 我试着第二天能回复往常那样 |
[40:09] | So I called dennis to thank him for dinner, and he was… | 所以我邀dennis吃晚饭 |
[40:12] | completely freaked out about the murder, so… | 知道谋杀后他吓坏了 |
[40:17] | I offered myself as an alibi. | 我做不在场证明 |
[40:21] | He said he’d help me open up my own restaurant. | 他来帮我开自己的餐馆 |
[40:27] | Then we agreed on a story. | 我们就达成了同一个故事 |
[40:31] | Before you stabbed her to death, | 在你刺死她前 |
[40:33] | you punched her in the mouth. | 你用拳头打了她的脸 |
[40:36] | What’d she say to set you off? | 她说什么惹恼了你? |
[40:39] | I told her I loved her. | 我说我爱她 |
[40:44] | Then she laughed at me. | 她嘲笑了我 |
[40:52] | After that I don’t really remember very well. | 之后我记不清了 |
[41:05] | Someone left this in the electronics room for you. | 有人留下这个给你 |
[41:09] | Thank you, buzz. | 谢谢, buzz |
[41:29] | Dennis dutton. | |
[41:36] | – Chief? – Yes. | – 警长? – 什么 |
[41:43] | Sorry it’s a day late, but we couldn’t agree on a gift. | 对不起,晚了一天 大家不知道买什么 |
[41:48] | This is just y’all’s way of trying to get sugar back in the business room, isn’t it. | 你们想诱惑我继续吃甜食,对吧 |
[41:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:59] | Make a wish. | 许个愿 |
[42:16] | Thank y’all so much. | 感谢大家 |
[42:18] | So nice of you to think of me. | 这么关心我 |
[42:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:24] | So… | 那么… |
[42:32] | y’all grab a bite. | 你们慢慢吃 |
[42:43] | Guess she didn’t get her wish. | 我猜她没许愿 |
[42:46] | – How do you know? – ‘Cause you’re still here. | – 你怎么知道? – 因为你还在这里 |
[42:55] | You see… | 你看 |
[42:57] | turning 40 isn’t so bad. All depends on how you feel about life in general. | 40岁并不可怕 关键看你怎么对待人生 |
[43:01] | Do you see the glass as half full or half empty? | 你是乐观派还是悲观派呢? |
[43:05] | What glass? | 什么派? |
[43:08] | That’s my girl. | 这才对嘛 |
[43:15] | I’m going to put these in car while you get the rest of your stuff. | 我把花放到车里 你把剩下的带上 |
[43:17] | Ok. I’ll be there in one second. | 好,我一会就来 禁止任何商业用途否则后果自负 |