时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Back in the ’80s, | 八十年代 |
[00:03] | this is what gaming looked like. | 游戏是这个样子的 |
[00:05] | Just a fold-out board, assorted plastic pieces, | 折叠游戏盘 各式各样的塑料棋子 |
[00:09] | and a pop-o-matic bubble. | 自动弹起的骰子罩 |
[00:12] | The competition was fierce, | 竞争异常激烈 |
[00:13] | and there were no bigger rivals than my brother and sister. | 再没有比我哥哥姐姐更争强好胜的对手了 |
[00:16] | Board games gave them an outlet to channel their anger. | 棋盘游戏给了他们发泄怒气的渠道 |
[00:19] | Don’t mess up! | 别搞砸了 |
[00:21] | Paging Dr. Sucks at operation. | 请好烂医生到手术室 |
[00:24] | Come in, Dr. Sucks at operation. | 收到 好烂医生到手术室 |
[00:26] | Sure, winning felt good. | 胜利的感觉当然好 |
[00:27] | F1 F-1. | |
[00:28] | But the real prize was gloating as you crushed | 但真正的奖励是你粉碎失败者 |
[00:31] | the loser’s fragile spirit. | 脆弱心灵时的幸灾乐祸 |
[00:32] | You sank my battleship. | 你击沉了我的战舰 |
[00:33] | I-I can’t hear you. | 我没听见 |
[00:35] | You sank my battleship. | 你击沉了我的战舰 |
[00:37] | Look at me in the eye when you say it! | 说的时候要看着我的眼睛 |
[00:39] | Erica had smarts and strategy. | 爱丽卡聪明有策略 |
[00:40] | Barry had trash talk | 巴瑞废话多 |
[00:41] | and a psychotic desire to win no matter the game, | 无论什么游戏 都有疯子一样的求胜欲望 |
[00:44] | even girl talk. | 哪怕是”女生悄悄话”游戏 |
[00:46] | “The last digit of your phone number | 你电话号码的最后一个数字 |
[00:47] | indicates how many boys you will kiss.” | 表示你以后会亲多少个男生 |
[00:50] | Six! Yes! Girl talk! | 6 太棒了 “女生悄悄话” |
[00:52] | They were worthy adversaries | 他们本来旗鼓相当 |
[00:54] | until a new board game changed everything. | 直到一个新的棋盘游戏改变了一切 |
[00:56] | Check it out! It’s called trivial pursuit. | 快看 这个叫做”追根究底” |
[01:00] | Yes! A new game to dominate. | 太棒了 可以称霸的新游戏 |
[01:04] | Okay. “sports and leisure. | 好的 体育与休闲 |
[01:06] | What team has won the most Stanley cup championships?” | 哪个队赢过次数最多的斯坦利杯 |
[01:10] | Montreal Canadiens. | 蒙特利尔加拿大人队 |
[01:12] | Swish, baby. This game is too easy. | 亲爱的 这个游戏太简单了 |
[01:15] | “Arts and literature. | 艺术与文学 |
[01:18] | Whose autobiographical masterpiece was entitled | 谁的自传佳作的名字为 |
[01:21] | ‘Long day’s journey into night’?” | 《进入黑夜的漫长旅程》 |
[01:23] | Pass! Sports again. | 过 再来道体育题 |
[01:24] | Not how it works, dummy. My turn. | 规则不是这样的 傻瓜 到我了 |
[01:28] | “What sailor’s disease resulted from a deficiency of vitamin c?” | 什么水手病是因为缺乏维生素C引起的 |
[01:33] | Mm, scurvy? | 坏血病 |
[01:35] | Correct. | 正确 |
[01:36] | Looks like someone’s gonna be tough to beat. | 看来某人很难战胜哦 |
[01:39] | The game was simple. | 游戏很简单 |
[01:40] | You either knew the answer or you didn’t, | 要么知道答案 要么不知道 |
[01:42] | and Barry didn’t. | 巴瑞不知道 |
[01:43] | For the first time ever, | 有史以来第一次 |
[01:45] | the scales were tipped firmly to Erica. | 天平完全倾向了爱丽卡 |
[01:48] | Oh, this one’s super easy. | 这一个超简单 |
[01:50] | “Who wrote ‘the diary of Anne Frank’?” | 《安妮日记》是谁写的 |
[01:55] | Seriously? | 你不是吧 |
[01:56] | It’s — it’s called “the diary of Anne Frank.” | 书名就叫《安妮日记》 |
[01:58] | Don’t help me! I know what the answer is! | 别帮我 我知道答案是什么 |
[02:01] | It’s… | 是 |
[02:03] | It’s… | 是 |
[02:05] | Aah! I-I hate this! | 我恨这个游戏 |
[02:10] | Who’s up for girl talk? | 谁想玩”女生悄悄话” |
[02:25] | Was November 12, 1980-something. | 那是一九八几年11月12日 |
[02:28] | I was in gym class, | 我在上体育课 |
[02:29] | and today’s lesson to nurture the young blossoming athlete — | 今天培育祖国花朵般年轻运动员的课程是 |
[02:32] | Scooter ball. | 滑板球 |
[02:33] | It was a lot like soccer | 很像足球 |
[02:35] | except with an 80% better chance of injury. | 只是多了80%受伤的机会 |
[02:39] | My fingers! | 我的手指 |
[02:40] | I’m so sorry! He’s hurt! | 真是对不起 他受伤了 |
[02:42] | Scoot it off! | 滑滑就没事了 |
[02:43] | The overlord of this insanity was Mr. Mellor, | 这一疯狂运动的统治者是梅勒老师 |
[02:45] | a gung-ho ex-jock filled with stupid sports clichés. | 热情高涨的前运动员 满嘴愚蠢的体育碎碎念 |
[02:49] | No pain, no gain! | 没有痛苦 就没有收获 |
[02:51] | There is no “I” in team! | 团队里是没有”我”的 |
[02:52] | Winners never quit! Quitters never win! | 成功者从不放弃 放弃者从不成功 |
[02:55] | And some of his sayings we just found confusing. | 他的有些话 我们听起来好混乱 |
[02:58] | It is never okay to put butter on a doughnut! | 在甜甜圈上放黄油是不对的 |
[03:00] | Dance like no one’s watching! | 跳舞吧 就像没人看见一样 |
[03:02] | Love like you’ve never been hurt! | 爱吧 就像你从未受伤一样 |
[03:05] | Don’t trust your cousin on a road trip with your wife. | 别放心让你表哥和你老婆一起公路旅行 |
[03:08] | All right! | 好了 |
[03:09] | Think you guys are ready | 我想大家准备好迎接 |
[03:10] | for the apex of rubber-ball-based sports. | 橡皮球的最尖端运动了 |
[03:14] | Dodgeball. | 躲避球 |
[03:15] | For kids like me, | 对我这样的孩子来说 |
[03:17] | this was our waking nightmare from which there was no escape. | 这是我们醒着的噩梦 无路可逃 |
[03:20] | Grab a ball! | 拿上球 |
[03:22] | Same teams. On my whistle. | 分队 听我的哨声 |
[03:24] | This is bad. | 惨了 |
[03:25] | I want the “star wars” theme played at my funeral. | 我的葬礼上要播《星球大战》的主题曲 |
[03:28] | What are you guys doing? Posing for a trophy? | 你们做什么 为奖杯摆造型拍照吗 |
[03:30] | Let’s go! | 快开始 |
[03:30] | It wasn’t pretty, | 结局不太好 |
[03:31] | but as much as dodgeball hurt me, | 虽然躲避球伤我伤得重 |
[03:33] | it hurt someone else even more. | 但伤某人伤得更重 |
[03:36] | My schmoopies are home. | 我的宝贝们回家了 |
[03:41] | Who did this to your kissable face?! | 谁对你这张看见就想亲的脸下的毒手 |
[03:43] | Mom, please don’t. I’m fine. | 妈 别这样 我没事 |
[03:45] | Who? I want names. | 谁 告诉我名字 |
[03:47] | It’s from dodgeball. Mr. Mellor lives for it. | 躲避球弄的 梅勒老师以此为生 |
[03:50] | It’s like his air. | 像他的空气一样 |
[03:51] | It’s like a violation of human rights. | 这像是对人权的侵犯还差不多 |
[03:53] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[03:54] | Bevy, it’s not a rights violation. | 贝弗 这不是侵犯人权 |
[03:56] | It’s gym class. | 这是体育课 |
[03:58] | Well, I think he’s an animal. | 我觉得他是禽兽 |
[04:00] | How much does it hurt, schmoo? | 有多痛 宝贝 |
[04:01] | On a pain scale from 1 to 10, how much? | 疼痛程度从1到10 有多少 |
[04:04] | I’d say fi– | 我想说5 |
[04:07] | 3 Three… | |
[04:09] | One? One. | 1吗 1 |
[04:10] | It should be zero. | 应该是0 |
[04:11] | I also would have accepted the word “nothing.” | “没什么”我也可以接受 |
[04:13] | I’m marching down there first thing. | 明天一早我就去学校 |
[04:15] | Bevy, no. | 贝弗 别这样 |
[04:16] | They don’t need your angry rants on how to educate. | 他们不需要听你的”教学经”的愤怒咆哮 |
[04:18] | Mom, please don’t make a thing out this. | 妈 请你别小题大做 |
[04:20] | You got to let teachers teach. | 你得让老师教学 |
[04:21] | I don’t want to be on his bad side. | 我不想得罪他 |
[04:23] | Don’t worry about him. | 别担心他 |
[04:24] | He doesn’t want to be on my bad side, | 他不想得罪我才对 |
[04:26] | ‘Cause it’s much badder. | 得罪我惨得多 |
[04:29] | It really was. | 这话没错 |
[04:31] | My mom marched down to school so often that the teachers | 我妈去学校的次数太多了 |
[04:33] | could almost sense she was coming. | 老师们可以感觉到她的煞气 |
[04:47] | Don’t worry, Cinoman. Today’s not your day. | 别怕 辛诺曼 今天不找你麻烦 |
[04:49] | I’m here for Mellor. | 我是来找梅勒的 |
[04:51] | Third door on the left. | 左边第三个门 |
[04:53] | Cute top. | 上衣真漂亮 |
[04:54] | You want me to cancel dodgeball, | 你要我取消躲避球 |
[04:57] | one of the seven pillars of fitness? | 健身7支柱之一 |
[04:59] | What are the other six? | 其它6个是什么 |
[05:01] | Look, canceling dodgeball would be like canceling science. | 取消躲避球就像取消科学一样 |
[05:06] | Is that what you want? A world with no science? | 你想这样吗 没有科学的世界 |
[05:09] | Why do you hate NASA? Why? | 你为什么讨厌太空总署 为什么 |
[05:11] | I don’t hate it. They gave us Tang. | 我不讨厌 他们给了我们果珍 |
[05:13] | What I do hate is dodgeball. | 我讨厌的是躲避球 |
[05:16] | Dodgeball is an essential part | 躲避球是强化 |
[05:18] | of strengthening a young man’s character, | 年轻人品行的基本部分 |
[05:20] | and nobody needs that more than your son. | 没人比你的儿子更需要这个 |
[05:23] | How dare you? | 你好大的胆子 |
[05:24] | My son has the strength and character | 我儿子的力量与品行 |
[05:27] | of three Lou Ferrignos! | 比得上三个卢·弗瑞格诺[著名健身教练] |
[05:29] | How dare you invoke Lou Ferrigno? | 你好大的胆子 居然把卢·弗瑞格诺扯进来 |
[05:32] | How dare you?! | 你好大的胆子 |
[05:33] | I’m not gonna stand here and let you push me around! | 我不会站在这里 听你的摆布 |
[05:36] | I’m not scared of you. | 我不怕你 |
[05:37] | Well, you should be. | 你应该怕 |
[05:38] | I’d think twice about this if I were you. | 如果我是你 就会再考虑下 |
[05:40] | No. I will not think at all. | 不 我完全不会考虑 |
[05:43] | If there’s any more dodgeball in this school, | 如果这学校里再出现躲避球 |
[05:45] | you will regret it. | 你会后悔的 |
[05:47] | Mark my words. | 记住我的话 |
[05:48] | – I will mark no words. – Mark them! | -我什么也不会记 -给我记住 |
[05:50] | While my mom was putting a stop to the game she hated, | 我妈叫停她讨厌的游戏时 |
[05:53] | Barry was ready to give the game he sucked at another try. | 巴瑞准备给他不擅长的游戏再一次机会 |
[05:56] | Oh, hello. I did not see you sitting there. | 你们好 我没看到你们坐在那边 |
[05:59] | We’re not sitting. | 我们没坐着 |
[06:00] | What you’re doing is called sitting. | 你这才叫坐 |
[06:02] | Potato, potato. | 土豆土豆一个意思 |
[06:04] | Care for a rematch, Erica? | 想重赛吗 爱丽卡 |
[06:05] | And crush your fragile spirit again? | 再次粉碎你那脆弱的心灵吗 |
[06:08] | Gladly. | 我很乐意 |
[06:09] | Um, I don’t think I want to be here for this. | 我不太想留下玩这个 |
[06:12] | You shall witness the battle, old man! | 你要见证这场战斗 老人家 |
[06:14] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[06:16] | I cherish our time together. | 我珍惜我们共度的时光 |
[06:18] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[06:20] | Ooh. Science and nature. Challenging. | 科学与自然 挑战 |
[06:23] | “What animal does a hippophobe fear?” | 什么动物有恐马症 |
[06:25] | Horses. | 马 |
[06:27] | The answer is horses. | 答案是马 |
[06:28] | That’s right. | 正确 |
[06:30] | Yellow. Ooh. History. | 黄色 哎呀 历史 |
[06:33] | “How many children does Queen Elizabeth –“ | 伊丽莎白女王有几个孩子 |
[06:35] | Four. | 4个 |
[06:37] | You sure seem to know a lot of stuff all of a sudden. | 你一下子知道了不少东西嘛 |
[06:40] | There’s no reason to be “patronibing.” | 没必要”自以为屎” |
[06:42] | Okay, next card. | 好的 下一张卡 |
[06:46] | “What city was called the Paris of the south?” | 哪座城市被称为南方的巴黎 |
[06:48] | Maya Angelou. | 玛雅·安吉罗[诗人] |
[06:50] | That’s the answer | 笨蛋 |
[06:50] | on the card you wanted me to choose, you knob. | 这是你希望我选的卡的答案 |
[06:52] | You’re clearly cheating. | 你这是作弊 |
[06:53] | How dare you?! I am a sportsman! | 你好大的胆子 我是运动员 |
[06:58] | Hey, Bar, I-I-it’s kind of obvious you’re cheating. | 小巴 你这是很明显的作弊 |
[07:01] | I am not. I simply memorized the answers | 我没有 我只是简单的记住了答案 |
[07:04] | and put the cards in a particular order so I can win! | 然后把卡片按顺序放 这样我可以赢 |
[07:07] | That’s cheating! | 这是作弊 |
[07:08] | That’s preparation! | 这是准备 |
[07:09] | Preparation for cheating. | 作弊的准备 |
[07:10] | Don’t blame me! | 别怪我 |
[07:11] | This game is impossible and has no point! | 这个游戏不可理喻 没有任何意义 |
[07:13] | What’s the point of mouse trap? | 那”捕鼠器”的意义是什么 |
[07:15] | To boot a marble down a flight of stairs | 在楼梯上弹出弹珠 |
[07:17] | onto a slide and into a bathtub, which, in turn, | 弹到滑梯上进浴缸 接下来 |
[07:19] | another balls falls onto a see-saw, | 别的弹珠落到跷跷板上 |
[07:21] | back flipping an old man into a kiddie pool, | 让一个老人家向后滑倒进小孩泳池 |
[07:23] | causing a trap to fall on a mouse! Duh! | 形成捕鼠器捕住老鼠 这还用说吗 |
[07:25] | That he knows. | 这他居然知道 |
[07:26] | Face it — this is one game you can’t win. | 面对现实吧 这个游戏你赢不了 |
[07:29] | Say I’m better than you. Say it. | 说我比你优秀 快说 |
[07:30] | Never! | 别想 |
[07:31] | I will do everything in my power to learn knowledge. | 我会尽一切努力学知识 |
[07:34] | I will go to school, and I will read books, | 我会上学 我会看书 |
[07:37] | and I will study art, | 我会研究艺术 |
[07:39] | and I will drink in life | 我豁出去了 |
[07:40] | just so I can beat you at this board game! | 这样玩这个棋盘游戏时 我可以赢你 |
[07:46] | He should probably do all that stuff regardless. | 不玩游戏 他也应该做这些事 |
[07:49] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[07:50] | due to aggressive parental interference, | 因为野蛮的家长干涉 |
[07:53] | there’s been a change in the phys-ed curriculum. | 体育课有些变化 |
[07:57] | What? Could be any of our moms. | 怎么了 谁的妈都有可能 |
[07:59] | Effective immediately, | 从现在开始 |
[08:00] | there will no longer be dodgeball in my class. | 我的课上不再有躲避球 |
[08:03] | Instead, we’ll play an all-new safer, kinder game | 替代的是全新的 更安全更和气的游戏 |
[08:07] | called big baby ball. | 叫做”大宝宝球” |
[08:09] | We’ll choose teams by counting off ones and twos. | 通过数一和二来分队 |
[08:12] | Goldfarb, begin. | 金巴巴 从你开始 |
[08:14] | One. | 一 |
[08:15] | Everybody else is a two. | 剩下的人是二 |
[08:16] | Let’s get the ones on that side, twos on the other. | 一到这边 二到那边 |
[08:21] | Mr. Mellor, is it too late to switch my number to two? | 梅勒老师 现在把我的号码变成二太迟了吗 |
[08:24] | Well, your mother demanded that we play something else, | 你母亲要求我们玩些别的 |
[08:26] | so you can let her know that her voice was heard today. | 你可以让她知道 今天她的话管用 |
[08:29] | Good luck and cover your nards. | 祝你好运 护好裆部 |
[08:36] | I was in a tight spot, | 我身处困境 |
[08:39] | so I decided my only choice was to fight my way out. | 于是我决定唯一的选择就是杀出一条血路 |
[08:45] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[08:46] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 |
[08:51] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:53] | I don’t understand. Mellor didn’t cower? | 我不懂 梅勒没有退缩 |
[08:54] | Why didn’t he cower? | 他为什么没退缩 |
[08:56] | It’s on you, Bev. | 是因为你 贝弗 |
[08:58] | The boy was singled out because you mixed in. | 因为你插手了 所以这孩子被孤立了 |
[09:00] | He’s right, mom. You made it worse. | 他说得对 妈 你令事情更糟了 |
[09:02] | Why can’t you ever listen? | 你为什么就是听不进去呢 |
[09:04] | You want to protect the boy, | 你想保护这孩子 |
[09:05] | and you always end up making it a million times worse. | 结果总是让事情变得更糟糕 |
[09:07] | No, you’re completely right. | 是 你太对了 |
[09:09] | I know it in my heart. | 我心里知道 |
[09:12] | Good. It’s nice to finally be on the same page. | 很好 终于意见统一真是太好了 |
[09:15] | Definitely. | 当然了 |
[09:16] | What’s with the coat? | 你拿衣服做什么 |
[09:19] | Are you marching down to school again?! | 你又要杀去学校吗 |
[09:21] | I want to say no, but that would be a lie. | 我想说”不” 但那是骗你 |
[09:23] | But I thought we’re on the same page. | 但我们不是意见统一了吗 |
[09:25] | We are, and yet, here I go. | 是的 但我还是要去 |
[09:27] | Just stop! | 停下 |
[09:28] | Just tell your body to stop! | 让你的身体停下 |
[09:30] | I want to. I really want to. | 我也想 我真的想 |
[09:33] | But I can’t. | 但我没办法 |
[09:35] | I thought we’re on the same page! | 我们不是意见统一了吗 |
[09:37] | And the next item of business is scheduling teacher conferences. | 接下来要讨论的是教师会议的时间安排 |
[09:44] | Blonde monster. | 金发怪兽 |
[09:46] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[09:47] | Mrs. Goldberg, this is a private meeting. | 金伯格太太 这是不对外的会议 |
[09:49] | Not anymore. Got to go, people! | 不再是了 各位 快走 |
[09:52] | Don’t care where. Just not here. | 别管去哪里 快走就行 |
[09:54] | Don’t leave. She looks really mad. | 别走 她看起来好生气 |
[09:56] | I’m sorry, Earl. | 对不起 厄尔 |
[10:01] | Mr. Mellor is no longer with William Penn Academy | 梅勒老师不再在威廉·佩恩高中任教了 |
[10:04] | due to a concern raised by a parent… | 因为一位家长提出了担心 |
[10:07] | Who shall remain nameless. | 该家长的名字就不透露了 |
[10:11] | This one’s tough to deny. | 这次很难否认 |
[10:12] | Thanks to my mother, I got out of dodgeball. | 多谢我母亲大人 我从躲避球中脱身了 |
[10:14] | All it took was ruining a man’s life. | 代价就是毁了一个人的生活 |
[10:20] | Oh. Hello, again. | 又见面了 |
[10:23] | I did not see you sitting there. | 我没看到你们坐在那边 |
[10:24] | Again, you’re the one sitting. | 再说一遍 坐的人是你 |
[10:26] | Potato, tomato. | 土豆番茄都一样啦 |
[10:27] | Come sit. I’ve been thinking. | 过来坐 我一直在想 |
[10:30] | We’ve completely lost track of what board games | 我们已经完全忘却了棋盘游戏的 |
[10:32] | are all about — family fun. | 真正意义 家庭乐趣 |
[10:35] | That’s why I invented a new gaming experience | 所以我发明了全新的游戏体验 |
[10:37] | for the whole family to enjoy. | 让全家人共享 |
[10:40] | I call it… | 我管这个叫做 |
[10:41] | Barry-nopoly. | 巴瑞大富翁 |
[10:43] | “Do a freestyle rap as good as big tasty | 唱段自由式饶舌 要和大甜甜唱得一样好 |
[10:46] | or nunchuck better than Barry”? | 或是双截棍耍得比巴瑞好 |
[10:47] | I’ve made sure it caters to all our strengths. | 我确保这游戏迎合了我们各自的优势 |
[10:50] | For you, trivia. Physical challenges for myself. | 你 小知识 我自己是身体上的挑战 |
[10:53] | And for pops, frequent bathroom breaks. | 老爷子 频繁的去厕所时间 |
[10:56] | I like this game. | 我喜欢这个游戏 |
[10:57] | You actually created | 你居然发明了 |
[10:58] | a board game that only you can win. | 只有你可以赢的棋盘游戏 |
[11:00] | Do you realize how sad that is? | 你知道这有多可悲吗 |
[11:01] | Does this mean you forfeit and I’m reigning champion forever? | 你这是要弃权 我永远是卫冕冠军吗 |
[11:04] | No. I’ll play. | 不 我会玩 |
[11:05] | And I’ll literally beat you at your own game. | 而且我会在你自己的游戏中战胜你 |
[11:07] | Let’s do this! What’ll it be, pops? | 开始吧 你选什么 老爷子 |
[11:09] | Rap or an elaborate nunchuck routine? | 饶舌还是耍上一套动作复杂的双截棍 |
[11:12] | I have to go to the bathroom. | 我得去上厕所 |
[11:14] | 40 bonus points for pops! | 给老爷子40积分 |
[11:16] | I really like this game. | 我真的喜欢这个游戏 |
[11:18] | Okay, your turn. | 到你了 |
[11:21] | “Arm-wrestle Barry.” | 和巴瑞掰手腕 |
[11:23] | Easy. | 简单 |
[11:24] | You’re so hosed. | 你死定了 |
[11:25] | Am I, now? | 是吗 |
[11:27] | Have you ever heard of | 你有没有听说过 |
[11:28] | a little Sylvester Stallone arm-wrestling drama | 史泰龙的掰手腕电影 |
[11:30] | called “Over the top”? | 《飞越巅峰》 |
[11:32] | No. | 没 |
[11:32] | Well, you’re about to live it. | 你马上就要体验了 |
[11:34] | Go. | 开始 |
[11:38] | Oh, no! He’s losing! | 不好 他要输了 |
[11:41] | Or is he? | 真的吗 |
[11:42] | Over the top! | 飞越巅峰 |
[11:43] | – What are you doing?! – Going over the top! | -你做什么 -飞越巅峰 |
[11:46] | What are you doing?! | 你做什么 |
[11:47] | I’m going over the top! | 我要飞越巅峰 |
[11:48] | You can’t go over the top! | 你不能飞越巅峰 |
[11:49] | I’m going over the top! | 我才要飞越巅峰 |
[11:50] | I’m going over your top! | 我要飞越你的巅峰 |
[11:52] | Yes! Yes! In your face! | 太棒了 你没话说了吧 |
[11:55] | This game is rigged! | 这游戏不公平 |
[11:56] | It’s your game, and I still beat you! | 这是你的游戏 我依然战胜了你 |
[11:59] | Say it. | 快说 |
[11:59] | I’m better than you in every way. | 我任何方面都比你优秀 |
[12:01] | Fine! You’re better than me. | 好的 你比我优秀 |
[12:03] | You’re smart and you’re cool and everyone likes you. | 你聪明 你酷 所有人都喜欢你 |
[12:07] | And I’m nothing. | 我什么也不是 |
[12:10] | Congrats. | 恭喜了 |
[12:11] | For the first time ever, | 有史以来第一次 |
[12:12] | crushing Barry didn’t feel like such a triumph. | 战胜巴瑞没有了胜利的喜悦 |
[12:15] | Meanwhile, my dad stumbled upon another man down on his luck, | 与此同时 我爸偶然发现另一个人也丢了好运气 |
[12:18] | coach Mellor. | 那就是梅勒教练 |
[12:21] | Oh, god. | 老天 |
[12:22] | You need a curb painted, hoss? | 需要油漆路缘石吗 老板 |
[12:24] | Suggested donation $5. | 建议捐赠5元 |
[12:25] | Yeah, actually, I’m Adam Goldberg’s father. | 其实我是亚当·金伯格的父亲 |
[12:29] | Oh. So your wife is… | 那么你妻子是… |
[12:30] | Yeah, blonde monster. | 对 金发怪兽 |
[12:32] | Love her dearly. | 我非常爱她 |
[12:36] | So, is this what you’re doing for money? | 你现在靠这个赚钱吗 |
[12:37] | For now. | 暂时的 |
[12:38] | Turns out there’s not a great demand | 原来在学年期中时 |
[12:40] | for a phys-ed specialist in the middle of the school year. | 对体育课专家的需求并不大 |
[12:42] | I don’t mean to tell you your business, | 我不是故意要对你做事指手画脚 |
[12:44] | but I don’t think that’s the right address. | 但我想这不是正确的地址 |
[12:46] | It is not. I lost my 3. | 是不对 我丢了3的模板 |
[12:49] | You know, I know my wife can get carried away with things, | 我知道我妻子对待有些事会失去理智 |
[12:52] | and I just want to let you know, I’m really sorry about all this. | 我只想告诉你 我真的很抱歉 |
[12:55] | Don’t be. | 不用 |
[12:56] | Your wife plays hard. I respect a winner. | 你妻子不服输 我尊敬胜者 |
[12:59] | She’s a good woman who does not know the word “quit,” | 她是个不懂”放弃”一词的优秀女人 |
[13:02] | Although she does know the word “fired.” | 不过她懂”解雇”这个词 |
[13:04] | Can I give you a ride somewhere? Maybe a hot meal? | 需要我载你一程吗 也许吃顿饭 |
[13:06] | That’s very kind of you, | 你是个好人 |
[13:07] | but I only got about 10 more blocks to go, | 但我还得去10条街 |
[13:08] | and I got a fanny pack full of turkey jerky, so… | 而且我的腰包里全是火鸡干 不用了 |
[13:11] | I told you, I don’t want the numbers! | 我跟你说过了 我不要这些数字 |
[13:13] | It’s donation only! Just pay what’s fair! | 只是捐款而已 有要求就给公道价格 |
[13:18] | You know what? He’s getting the hose. You better open up. | 他拿水管了 快开门 |
[13:20] | Those are fresh numbers! | 这是新喷的数字 |
[13:24] | Where’s the 3?! | 3在哪里 |
[13:26] | I got to tell u, | 我跟你说 |
[13:27] | he’s not the same guy | 没有口哨和短裤 |
[13:28] | without the whistle and the short-shorts. | 他整个人都不同了 |
[13:30] | A guy like that belongs in a gym yelling at kids. | 那样的人就应该在体育馆教训孩子 |
[13:33] | It’s in his blood. | 他天生如此 |
[13:34] | Look, I never intended for Mellor to get fired, | 我从来没打算让梅勒被解雇 |
[13:37] | but this is on him. He singled out my boy. | 但这是他的错 他孤立了我的儿子 |
[13:40] | Okay, he was wrong, but you took it too far. | 好吧 他错了 但你太过分了 |
[13:43] | Now do the right thing and put that loose cannon | 现在做正确的事 让那个我行我素的人 |
[13:46] | back in charge of children. | 回去管孩子吧 |
[13:48] | I go easy on one teacher, then the rest won’t fear me. | 我对一个老师客气 其他的就不会怕我了 |
[13:51] | Fine. You won’t help the poor bastard, I will. | 好吧 你不帮那个可怜的混蛋 我会帮 |
[13:55] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[13:57] | Mr. G, I really appreciate this opportunity. | 金先生 我真的很感谢这次机会 |
[13:59] | You got my word, I will give you 110%. | 我向你保证 我会110%的努力 |
[14:02] | Call me Murray. | 叫我默里 |
[14:03] | 110%, that is not necessary. | 没必要110% |
[14:05] | On a good day, the best Vic gives me is what? 50%? | 赶上好日子 维克最多也就50%了 |
[14:08] | There he goes, busting balls. | 他又来了 互相调侃 |
[14:11] | It’s — it’s what we do. | 我们就是这样的 |
[14:12] | No. What we do is sell furniture. | 不 我们是卖家具的 |
[14:14] | Bring it in. “furniture” on three. | 来吧 数到三喊”家具” |
[14:17] | Yeah, okay, what Vic and I do is we sell the furniture, | 好了 维克和我卖家具 |
[14:21] | and what I need you to do is to move the coffee table | 我需要你做的 是把这张咖啡桌 |
[14:25] | over by the sofa set. | 搬到沙发组合那边 |
[14:26] | Sir, yes, sir! Time me. | 是 先生 给我计时 |
[14:28] | Whoa, whoa it’s not a race. | 这不是比赛 |
[14:30] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[14:31] | One, two, three. | 一二三 |
[14:34] | That’s oak. That’s heavy. I thought it was pine. | 橡木的 好重 我以为是松木的 |
[14:40] | – Excuse me, sir. – Excuse me. | -打扰下 先生 -我过去了 |
[14:42] | Is this in stock? | 这个有现货吗 |
[14:43] | Yes, it is. | 有的 |
[14:44] | And you can have that in your house today. | 今天就能送到您府上 |
[14:46] | I don’t know. It’s — it’s kind of pricey. | 我还没决定 有点贵 |
[14:49] | Tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[14:50] | You pay cash, I’ll take off 5%. | 付现金的话 95折 |
[14:53] | I’ll just come back another time. | 我下次再来吧 |
[14:55] | There is no other time. | 没有下次了 |
[14:57] | Clock’s winding down. Ball’s in your hands. | 时间无几 球在你手中 |
[14:59] | You gonna put the ball in the hole, | 你要把球投进框里 |
[15:00] | or you gonna go home a loser? | 还是作为失败者回家 |
[15:02] | I don’t really understand what’s happening right now. | 我不太明白现在的情况 |
[15:04] | He’s new. | 他是新来的 |
[15:05] | We’re team players in this store. | 我们是这家店的团队 |
[15:07] | We don’t sell to anybody who doesn’t pass the ball. | 我们不卖给任何不传球的人 |
[15:09] | You keep referencing a-a ball. | 你不断提到球 |
[15:11] | Is it the same ball? | 是同一个球吗 |
[15:12] | Let me make it simple. | 我说简单点 |
[15:14] | There’s no “I” in team, man. | 团队中没有”我” 伙计 |
[15:16] | We only sell to winners, so get the out! | 我们只卖给胜者 给我滚 |
[15:20] | I am sorry! | 对不起 |
[15:22] | What?! | 搞什么 |
[15:24] | Okay. We need to talk. | 好吧 我们得谈谈 |
[15:25] | Sure thing, boss. | 好的 老板 |
[15:26] | What are you doing? | 你做什么 |
[15:28] | Taking a knee. | 单膝跪下 |
[15:28] | Just take an early lunch. | 早点去吃午饭吧 |
[15:30] | You got it, boss. | 没问题 老板 |
[15:34] | Juice time. | 果汁时间到 |
[15:43] | So many bananas and beets. | 好多香蕉和甜菜 |
[15:48] | Let’s go. | 加油 |
[15:53] | Yeah! | 好棒 |
[15:54] | Finally got some energy! Let’s go! | 终于有活力了 来吧 |
[15:58] | So, before, that was him without energy? | 之前是他没有活力的样子吗 |
[16:04] | After my dad’s horrible day at work, | 我爸在店里过了可怕的一天后 |
[16:06] | he had to face an even worse night at home. | 回到家还得面对更可怕的夜晚 |
[16:09] | Hey, could I, uh, have some ranch dressing for my salad? | 可以给我的沙拉来点田园沙拉酱吗 |
[16:12] | Oh, of course, honey. | 当然可以 亲爱的 |
[16:18] | When. | 可以了 |
[16:20] | That’s what you get for hiring the enemy to work in our store. | 请敌人在咱家店上班就是这个下场 |
[16:23] | Don’t worry about Mellor. | 别烦梅勒的事 |
[16:24] | You’re not gonna see him. | 你不会见到他的 |
[16:25] | He’s working all the way across town. | 他在镇上另一边上班呢 |
[16:28] | Hey, boss! | 老板 |
[16:30] | Sorry to interrupt! | 抱歉打扰 |
[16:30] | It’s me — Rick Mellor! I work for you! | 是我 瑞克·梅勒 我给你打工 |
[16:33] | I can see you’re eating dinner. | 我看到你正在吃晚餐 |
[16:34] | Oh, is that lamb?! | 那是羊肉吗 |
[16:37] | That looks like lamb. | 看起来是羊肉 |
[16:41] | What are you doing? You’re supposed to be out making deliveries. | 你做什么 你不是应该在送货吗 |
[16:43] | Yeah, well, here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[16:44] | I decided to do all this week’s drop-offs in one day. | 我决定把一周的货在一天内送完 |
[16:47] | I told you, you can’t load that much furniture | 我跟你说过了 你不能一次装这么多家具 |
[16:50] | on the truck at once. | 在卡车上 |
[16:51] | I thought you said that because you believed I couldn’t do it! | 我以为你那样说 是因为你觉得我做不到 |
[16:53] | And I proved you wrong. | 我证明你错了 |
[16:55] | But I broke the truck. | 但我弄坏了卡车 |
[16:56] | Fine. Where is it? | 好吧 车在哪里 |
[16:57] | It’s a couple blocks down. Address is 466. | 过去几条街 地址是466号 |
[17:00] | Although the actual address is 366. | 不过正确地址应该是366 |
[17:03] | Haven’t been my best this week. | 我这周太不顺了 |
[17:05] | Balls! He’s come for me! | 该死 他来找我了 |
[17:07] | He’s seeking vengeance! | 他是来复仇的 |
[17:08] | No vengeance. No. | 没有复仇 |
[17:09] | I just came to apologize to your old man for breaking his truck. | 我只是来向你爸道歉 我弄坏了他的卡车 |
[17:12] | But while I got you here, | 但既然你们在这里 |
[17:13] | I guess I owe you both an apology myself. | 我想我欠你们一个道歉 |
[17:16] | I — Mrs. G, you’re a strong woman, | 金太太 你是个坚强的女人 |
[17:20] | and I respect the hell out of you. | 我非常尊敬你 |
[17:22] | Do you? | 是吗 |
[17:23] | Do you?! | 是吗 |
[17:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:27] | And, Adam, | 亚当 |
[17:28] | I was dead wrong to single you out. | 我犯下了大错 孤立你 |
[17:31] | The truth is, I’m only hard on you ’cause I’m rooting for you. | 事实是 我对你严格是因为我支持你 |
[17:34] | – Really? – You know, as you get older, | -真的吗 -你慢慢长大 |
[17:35] | you’ll realize that life ain’t easy and things fly at you | 你会发现生活不容易 冲你而来的东西 |
[17:40] | that are a lot harder than a stupid red rubber ball. | 比愚蠢的红色橡皮球要难应付得多 |
[17:44] | And I just want you to learn | 我只想你明白 |
[17:45] | that you’re strong enough to face it | 你坚强到可以面对一切 |
[17:47] | and there’s nothing you can’t overcome. | 没什么是你不能克服的 |
[17:50] | In that moment, | 在那一刻 |
[17:51] | I realized my biggest foe was really my biggest advocate. | 我意识到我最大的敌人其实是我最大的支持者 |
[17:55] | Well, enjoy your dinner. | 享受你们的晚餐吧 |
[17:57] | Wait. Are you hungry? I could fix you a plate. | 慢着 你饿了吗 我可以给你拿个盘子 |
[18:00] | A plate? | 盘子 |
[18:02] | Hell, just point me to the blender. | 算了 告诉我搅拌机在哪里 |
[18:08] | Oh, hello. I did not see you sitting there. | 你好 我没看到你坐在那边 |
[18:11] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[18:12] | So, I was thinking, | 我在想 |
[18:13] | how about one more game of Trivial Pursuit, | 再来一局”追根究底”怎么样 |
[18:15] | winner takes all? | 赢家从此称王 |
[18:16] | So you can take all? No, thanks. | 这样你可以称王吗 不用了 多谢 |
[18:19] | Okay, how about this? | 这样吧 |
[18:20] | If you can beat me, | 如果你可以战胜我 |
[18:22] | then Trivial Pursuit is banned forever from this house. | 那么咱们家以后就禁止玩”追根究底”了 |
[18:25] | Sounds awesome. | 听起来太好了 |
[18:26] | The only problem is, I can’t win. | 唯一的问题是 我赢不了 |
[18:30] | “Who had an encounter with the three bears?” | 谁碰到了三只熊 |
[18:33] | Goldilocks. | 金发姑娘 |
[18:34] | – That’s right. – Game on! | -正确 -来比赛吧 |
[18:36] | As fate would have it, that game, | 也许是命运安排 那场比赛 |
[18:38] | Barry knew every question my sister threw at him. | 我姐的所有提问 巴瑞都知道答案 |
[18:41] | It was as if he was suddenly the smartest man on the planet. | 就好像他突然成了地球上最聪明的人 |
[18:45] | Or Erica was picking cards from the little kid’s edition, | 或是爱丽卡从儿童版中抽的卡 |
[18:48] | suggested ages 8 through 12. | 建议适用年龄为8到12岁 |
[18:49] | Cookie monster! Pigeons! | 甜饼怪 鸽子 |
[18:51] | The number 4. Trees. | 4号 树 |
[18:53] | Purple. Turtles. | 紫色 乌龟 |
[18:55] | That’s the one. | 正确 |
[18:56] | Clouds. Beanstalk. Unicorn. Butterflies. | 云 豆茎 独角兽 蝴蝶 |
[18:59] | – Santa. – Can I a full name on that? | -圣诞 -知道全名吗 |
[19:01] | Santa claus. | 圣诞老人 |
[19:03] | Okay. This one’s for the win. | 好了 答对这道就赢了 |
[19:07] | “What has the scientific formula H2O?” | H2O是什么的科学方程式 |
[19:11] | Water! It’s water! | 水 是水 |
[19:13] | I’m the smartest man alive! Say I’m better than you. | 我是活着的最聪明的人 说我比你优秀 |
[19:16] | You’re better than me. | 你比我优秀 |
[19:22] | I’m all right! Yes! | 我没事 太棒了 |
[19:25] | Way to go, kiddo. | 做得好 孩子 |
[19:28] | Yeah, well, he needed the win. | 他需要胜利 |
[19:30] | Sometimes the best way to get the win is to lose, | 有时候获胜的最好办法就是输 |
[19:33] | and other times, you just have to admit defeat. | 有些时候 你必须认输 |
[19:35] | Well, I would consider bringing Mr. Mellor back | 我会考虑让梅勒老师回来 |
[19:39] | on one condition. | 有一个条件 |
[19:41] | You don’t step foot in this school ever again. | 你永远不再踏足学校 |
[19:44] | One year. | 一年 |
[19:45] | Deal. | 成交 |
[19:47] | My mom wasn’t many things, but she was a woman of her word. | 我妈的优点不多 但她是个信守诺言的人 |
[19:50] | That year, she never went back to school to complain. | 那一年 她再也没去学校投诉 |
[19:55] | Sorry to interrupt, Earl… | 抱歉打扰 厄尔 |
[19:56] | but technically this isn’t school, | 但确切来说 这不是学校 |
[19:58] | and I do have bones to pick. | 但我有不满要投诉 |
[20:00] | Ooh, is that brisket? | 那是牛腩吗 |
[20:01] | Although winning never came easy to me… | 虽然胜利对我来说从来得之不易 |
[20:04] | Mr. Mellor actually did end up teaching me | 但梅勒老师最终教会了我 |
[20:06] | how to duck anything life might throw at me. | 如果躲避生活有可能砸向我的一切 |
[20:29] | Okay. You rolled a 2. | 好的 你掷了2 |
[20:32] | Now cruise down the Big Tasty river and draw a Barry card. | 乘船过大甜甜河 然后抽巴瑞卡 |
[20:36] | Oh. Your face is on these. | 这上面有你的脸 |
[20:37] | I love this game. | 我喜欢这个游戏 |
[20:40] | “Roundhouse kick better than Barry.” | 回旋踢胜过巴瑞 |
[20:44] | Better than my kara-te master? It can’t be done. | 胜过我的空手道大师吗 不可能 |
[20:47] | Right answer! | 答案正确 |
[20:48] | 50 points! | 50分 |
[20:51] | Challenge card. | 挑战卡 |
[20:54] | “Arm-wrestle Barry.” | 和巴瑞掰手腕 |
[20:56] | Oh, we get to hold hands. | 我们可以拉手了 |
[20:59] | Oh, you’re even turning your hat backwards. | 你把帽子都反过去了 |
[21:01] | How macho. | 太男子汉了 |
[21:03] | Go! | 开始 |
[21:08] | Over the top! | 飞越巅峰 |
[21:09] | That’s how you do it! | 这样才对 |
[21:11] | Let’s go! Let’s go! | 来劲 来劲 |
[21:14] | You’re so strong, honey. | 你好强壮 亲爱的 |
[21:15] | I…know I am so…strong. | 我知道我很强壮 |
[21:18] | Let’s go, Barry! | 加油 巴瑞 |
[21:19] | Oh, I’m so proud of you, honey, | 我真为你骄傲 亲爱的 |
[21:21] | the way you beat mommy like that. | 你这样战胜了妈咪 |
[21:23] | I’m the best! | 我最棒了 |
[21:25] | Let him win, huh? | 让他赢的对吗 |
[21:26] | He needs it. | 他需要胜利 |