时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back in the ’80s, | 八十年代 |
[00:01] | we all wanted to be a badass fighter pilot | 我们都想成为酷帅的战斗机飞行员 |
[00:03] | thanks to the cinematic masterpiece that was “Top Gun,” | 都是因为电影杰作《壮志凌云》 |
[00:05] | And no one loved it more than my big bro. | 没人比我哥更有热情 |
[00:08] | You’re handsome and clear for takeoff. | 你帅到可以起飞了 |
[00:11] | Yeah, he was a real Maverick. | 他是真正的”独行侠” |
[00:13] | His fighter jet was our beat-up station wagon, | 他的战斗机就是我们破旧的旅行车 |
[00:15] | and his co-pilot — my annoyed sister. | 他的副驾驶员 我烦人的姐姐 |
[00:17] | Dear god, you have been flipping knobs for five minutes! | 老天 你已经捣鼓了五分钟了 |
[00:20] | Just go already. | 快点走吧 |
[00:21] | We ain’t going anywhere till tower clears us for takeoff. | 指挥中心说可以起飞了 我们才能走 |
[00:25] | You’re clear. | 可以起飞 |
[00:29] | But as fate would have it, | 就像命中注定的一样 |
[00:30] | my brother’s high-flying dreams were about to become a reality. | 我哥的凌云梦 将成为现实了 |
[00:34] | Great goose’s ghost. | 见了”呆头鹅”的鬼了 |
[00:36] | Today, our lives change forever, boys. | 今天我们的人生就此改变了 伙计们 |
[00:39] | Behold. | 看 |
[00:40] | Junior ROTC. | 初级后备军官训练队 |
[00:43] | Th’s like pre-pre-military training. | 这就像是预备预备军训 |
[00:45] | Dude, I think they give you free camo when you sign up. | 报名的话免费送迷彩服 |
[00:47] | Sweet. Now I can hide from my mean cousin | 太棒了 这样我再去叔叔的农场时 |
[00:48] | when we visit my uncle’s farm. | 就可以躲开我刻薄的堂兄弟了 |
[00:56] | Morning, gentlemen. | 早上好 先生们 |
[00:57] | Interested in joining up with junior ROTC? | 有兴趣加入初级后备军官训练队吗 |
[00:59] | I need able-bodied leaders with fire in their bellies | 我需要期待可以带来改变的 强壮的 |
[01:01] | looking to make a difference. | 热血沸腾的领袖 |
[01:02] | That’s so weird. | 好奇怪 |
[01:03] | I’m an able-bodied person with a fiery belly | 我就是满肚热血的强壮之人 |
[01:06] | who’s ready to fly your jets and push your envelopes | 准备好开你们的飞机 突破极限 |
[01:09] | and play shirtless beach volleyball. | 以及光着上身打沙滩排球 |
[01:10] | What? | 什么 |
[01:11] | It’s proven to be a nice diversion From the pressures of flight school. | 事实证明这是转移飞行学校重压的好办法 |
[01:15] | What’s your name, son? | 你叫什么名字 孩子 |
[01:15] | Barry Norman Goldberg, nickname not yet decided. | 巴瑞·诺曼·金伯格 绰号还没决定 |
[01:18] | You will be amazed by our strength and determination, sir! | 我们的力量与决心将令你震惊 长官 |
[01:22] | I’ve got english on the third floor. | 我要去三楼上英语课 |
[01:24] | So many stairs. | 好多的台阶 |
[01:26] | Naked Rob, piggyback. | 裸罗伯 背我 |
[01:27] | You got it, bro. | 没问题 兄弟 |
[01:28] | Never leave a man behind. | 从不抛下一个兄弟 |
[01:48] | It was November 22, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的11月22日 |
[01:50] | and I was spending the day with my loyal best bud, pops. | 我和最忠诚的好友老爷子在一起玩 |
[01:54] | Your mom was nuts to take away my license. | 你妈真是疯了 拿走我的驾照 |
[01:57] | Look at me go! | 看我多厉害 |
[01:58] | Despite his age, my grandpa was the youngest dude I knew. | 不管他的年纪 我的外公是我认识的最年轻的人 |
[02:02] | – Winner! – Balls! | -赢了 -该死的 |
[02:04] | You want to go hustle some suckers at air hockey? | 想去桌上冰球痛宰一些没用鬼吗 |
[02:06] | I’m old with a wallet full of cash. | 我是个满口袋钞票的老头子 |
[02:09] | How do I play this ice ping-pong? | 叫我怎么玩这个冰上乒乓球 |
[02:13] | After we hustled some kids in air hockey, | 我们在桌上冰球上痛宰一些孩子后 |
[02:15] | pops set his sights on our next target. | 老爷子看到了下一个目标 |
[02:18] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[02:20] | Free movie tickets. | 免费电影票 |
[02:21] | What do you say we play a couple more chumps? | 我们再去找笨蛋耍耍怎么样 |
[02:24] | Mom says to be weary of timeshare people. | 妈说很讨厌卖分时度假屋的人 |
[02:26] | They’re the gypsies of the mall. | 他们是商场里的吉普赛人 |
[02:28] | All we got to do is listen to them jabber for a half-hour | 我们只需要听他们废话半个小时 |
[02:31] | and then see “Mad max: Thunderdome” on their dime. | 然后他们请我们看《疯狂的麦克斯3》 |
[02:34] | Sign me up. | 我要去 |
[02:38] | Howdy, folks. | 各位好 |
[02:39] | And welcome. | 欢迎 |
[02:41] | I’m John Calabasas, | 我是约翰·卡拉巴萨斯 |
[02:43] | The president and C.E.O. Of John Calabasas’ timeshares. | “约翰·卡拉巴萨斯分时度假屋”的主席兼总裁 |
[02:49] | Thank you very much. That’s very kind. | 非常感谢 你们太好了 |
[02:51] | Oh, stop. Thank you so much. | 不用了 非常感谢 |
[02:52] | Folks, who would like to live in the condo of their dreams? | 各位 谁想生活在梦想中的公寓里 |
[02:58] | For two months out of the year. | 一年两个月的时间 |
[02:59] | I’m talking about timeshares, y’all. | 我说的是分时度假 |
[03:01] | – Question. – Yes, sir. | -提问 -请说 先生 |
[03:03] | If we decide not to buy today, | 如果我们今天不买 |
[03:06] | do we still get the movie tickets? | 还能拿电影票吗 |
[03:08] | That’s the deal, but I can promise you this, sir — | 这是肯定的 但我可以跟你保证 先生 |
[03:10] | At the end of today, | 到最后 |
[03:11] | you’re not gonna be thinking about movie tickets. | 你不会想着电影票 |
[03:13] | You’re gonna be thinking about | 你会想着 |
[03:15] | Boca sands resort and tennis club. | 博卡沙滩度假村和网球俱乐部 |
[03:17] | I’m intrigued about this exciting opportunity. | 这么好的机会 我太有兴趣了 |
[03:21] | Movie tickets all locked up. | 电影票没问题了 |
[03:25] | So began an epic speech | 经典演讲开始了 |
[03:26] | designed to pull in old suckers. | 目的是吸引老家伙 |
[03:28] | Lucky for me, pops was young at heart. | 我很幸运 老爷子有一颗年轻的心 |
[03:30] | Complete with sauna and recently disinfected steam room. | 包括桑拿和新消毒的蒸汽室 |
[03:34] | The best overly air-conditioned chain restaurants | 空调不停的连锁餐厅 |
[03:37] | that open for dinner at 3:00 p.M. | 下午三点就可以开始吃晚餐 |
[03:39] | Not only is it sunny year-round in our community, | 我们社区不仅整年阳光充足 |
[03:43] | the women outnumber the gentlemen three to one. | 而且女性和男性的比例是三比一 |
[03:47] | Sold! | 成交 |
[03:50] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[03:52] | Pops actually bought a place in Florida?! | 老爷子在佛罗里达州买了房子吗 |
[03:54] | Right? It’s a nightmare. | 是吧 这是噩梦 |
[03:56] | Hello?! | 有没搞错 |
[03:57] | We’re gonna have our own beach condo. | 我们有海滩公寓了 |
[03:59] | Think of all the spring breaks, the latin guys, | 想想春假 拉美帅哥 |
[04:02] | the romantic walks on the beach with the latin guys. | 和拉美帅哥在海滩上的浪漫散步 |
[04:05] | Why do I come to you? | 我为什么来找你 |
[04:06] | You need to chill. It’s a timeshare. | 你得冷静 这是分时的 |
[04:08] | He’ll be gone two months a year. | 他一年只去两个月 |
[04:09] | Everyone knows a timeshare is a gateway property. | 大家都知道分时度假就是卖房子 |
[04:12] | Two months becomes six. | 两个月变成六个月 |
[04:13] | Six become a year. | 六个月变成一年 |
[04:15] | And a year turns into forever. | 一年变成永远 |
[04:17] | So? | 那又如何 |
[04:17] | Pops is old, and that’s what all old people do. | 老爷子老了 老人家都会这样做 |
[04:20] | Stop saying that. Pops isn’t old. | 别再这样说 老爷子不老 |
[04:22] | He’s 80. | 他80岁了 |
[04:23] | Who cares? I measure age in spirit. | 谁在乎啊 我是用精神来计算年龄的 |
[04:25] | Well, I measure age by when you were born. | 我是以出生年份来计算年龄的 |
[04:28] | And for pops, that’s 1903. | 对老爷子来说 那是1903年 |
[04:30] | – Holy crap. Seriously? – Oh, yeah. | -我的妈 真的吗 -是的 |
[04:33] | Shut up! Everyone shut up! | 闭嘴 大家闭嘴 |
[04:36] | I got Barry news. | 巴瑞有事情 |
[04:37] | Everybody stop talking. | 所有人别说话 |
[04:38] | What is it, snuggle monster? | 什么事 抱抱小怪怪 |
[04:39] | I joined the military. | 我参军了 |
[04:41] | What’s that now? | 什么情况 |
[04:42] | Good stuff. What branch? | 好消息 哪个编队 |
[04:44] | The one with the planes and boats. | 有飞机和船的 |
[04:46] | You’re welcome, america. | 不用谢 美国人 |
[04:47] | I just need you to sign this permission slip. | 我只需要你签同意书 |
[04:49] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[04:50] | Being a soldier is number one | 参军是我为孩子列的 |
[04:52] | on my list of jobs too dangerous for my children. | 危险工作清单上的第一项 |
[04:54] | List? What list? | 清单 什么清单 |
[04:55] | Oh, god. Not the list. | 老天 别说清单 |
[04:57] | I knew one day my kids would join the workforce, | 我知道有一天我的孩子们会开始工作 |
[04:59] | so like a good mother, I compiled a list of occupations | 作为一个好母亲 我列出了严格禁止的 |
[05:02] | that are strictly off-limits. | 职业名单 |
[05:04] | Why can’t I be a construction worker? | 我为什么不能做建筑工人 |
[05:06] | Eating lunch on a suspended beam with your legs dangling down? | 坐在高空挂梁上吃午餐 腿晃来晃去 |
[05:09] | No way. | 不可能 |
[05:10] | No pro sports? | 不能做职业运动员 |
[05:11] | Except golf, but you can’t drive around | 除了高尔夫 但不系安全带 |
[05:13] | in one of those buggies with no seat belt. | 你不能开着那些小车乱跑 |
[05:15] | – Astronaut? – Your sensitive tummy at zero g? | -宇航员 -你的胃对零重力很敏感 |
[05:17] | – Deli guy. – Meat slicer. | -熟食店店员 -切肉机 |
[05:18] | – Government clerk. – Paper cut. | -公务员 -纸会割手 |
[05:20] | – Robot technician. – Robot uprising. | -机器人技术员 -机器人起义 |
[05:22] | This is nuts. Pops was in the army. | 这太离谱了 老爷子就参过军 |
[05:24] | And he is a hero. Couldn’t be prouder of him. | 他是英雄 我为他骄傲 |
[05:27] | But I want to be a hero. | 我也想做英雄 |
[05:28] | And you can be… | 你可以啊 |
[05:29] | As an orthodontist or a maitre d’ | 做整牙医生 或餐厅领班 |
[05:32] | Or as one of those guys who tests pillows for softness. | 或是测试枕头柔软度的人 |
[05:36] | Yep. All hope was lost. | 没错 希望落空 |
[05:38] | I’ll sign it. | 我来签 |
[05:39] | And then found. | 又有了希望 |
[05:41] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:41] | I did ROTC. It changed my life. | 我参加过后备军官训练队 改变了我的一生 |
[05:44] | And I fully support this as long as your mother never finds out. | 只要不被你妈妈发现 我就全力支持 |
[05:47] | And one more thing — if you do this, there’s no quitting. | 还有 如果你参加 就不准中途退出 |
[05:51] | I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[05:51] | 10-4, good buddy. | 收到 好伙计 |
[05:53] | That’s trucker talk. | 这是卡车司机术语 |
[05:54] | Aye-aye, matey. | 遵命 伙计 |
[05:55] | That’s pirate. | 这是海盗 |
[05:58] | While Barry was committed to the army, | 巴瑞投身于军队 |
[06:00] | I was committed to showing pops just how young he was. | 我则致力于让老爷子看到他有多年轻 |
[06:03] | There he is, rockin’ the new duds. | 他来了 新衣服帅极了 |
[06:06] | You dig ’em, homey? | 喜欢吗 伙计 |
[06:07] | They’re roomy where I need them, | 要松的地方还挺宽松的 |
[06:08] | but kind of drafty where I don’t. | 但需要紧一点的地方太通风了 |
[06:10] | Perfect! | 太好了 |
[06:11] | Let’s go hit the town and live it up while we’re still young. | 我们出去逛逛 趁着年轻狂欢一场 |
[06:14] | What the… | 什么 |
[06:15] | How did your zubaz get so high? | 为什么裤腰这么上 |
[06:17] | They ride up. I don’t know. | 它自己上去了 我不知道 |
[06:19] | They have a mind of their own. | 它有自己的思想 |
[06:21] | Now all you can see is “Frankie says.” | 现在只能看到”弗兰基说” |
[06:22] | No one will know to relax. | 看不到”放轻松” |
[06:24] | Who is this frankie, and why does he want me to relax? | 这个弗兰基是谁 他为什么想让我放轻松 |
[06:27] | All you need to know | 你只需要知道 |
[06:28] | is you look half your age in those zubaz pants. | 穿着这条裤子令你年轻了一半 |
[06:30] | Way too young for Florida. | 太年轻了 根本不用去佛罗里达 |
[06:32] | Oh, so that’s what this is about. | 原来是为了这事 |
[06:34] | Kiddo, it’s just two months. | 孩子 只是两个月 |
[06:36] | Two months in middle-school years is like a decade. | 初中的两个月就像十年 |
[06:39] | Come on, pal. | 拜托 伙计 |
[06:40] | Pops says relax. | 老爷子说放轻松 |
[06:42] | Don’t you use that catchphrase against me! | 别用这句口号来反驳我 |
[06:44] | I will not relax! | 我不会放轻松的 |
[06:46] | Where you going? | 你去哪里 |
[06:47] | To my other grandpa, the one who’d never leave me. | 去找我另一位祖父 永远不会离开我的那个 |
[06:50] | Pop-pop? | 爷爷吗 |
[06:51] | You really want to replace me with that spiteful old bastard? | 你真要用那个讨厌的老混蛋代替我吗 |
[06:55] | Already done. Have fun in Florida. | 已经代替了 祝你在佛罗里达愉快 |
[06:57] | I’ll be living it up here with pop-pop | 我会在这里和爷爷狂欢 |
[06:59] | having crazy amounts of fun. | 好玩得不得了 |
[07:03] | This is fun. | 真好玩 |
[07:04] | So much fun. | 太好玩了 |
[07:05] | I’m reading the stocks. | 我在看股票 |
[07:08] | Yep. This was my grandfather Ben. | 对 这是我的爷爷本 |
[07:09] | He was the anti-pops who could never catch a break. | 他是老爷子的对立面 并且永远不会改变 |
[07:12] | Damn IBM! I should have invested. | 该死的IBM 我应该买他们的股票 |
[07:15] | I’d be a millionaire. | 我就是百万富翁了 |
[07:16] | Instead, I lost it all on Cigaroos. | 我却全赔在了烟童上 |
[07:19] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[07:19] | Cigarettes for kids. Yeah. | 孩子抽的烟 |
[07:22] | They had a spokesbunny. | 有只小兔子 |
[07:23] | Isn’t that adorable? It was a slam dunk! | 是不是好可爱 肯定赚钱的 |
[07:27] | As I was bonding with pop-pop, Barry was ready for action. | 我和爷爷增进感情时 巴瑞准备好行动了 |
[07:30] | Barry Norman Goldberg reporting for duty, sir! | 巴瑞·诺曼·金伯格前来报到 长官 |
[07:33] | Son, I told you three times. I know you’re here. | 孩子 我说过三遍了 我知道你在这里 |
[07:35] | Question — when do we get our nicknames assigned, | 提问 我们什么时候分派绰号 |
[07:37] | ‘Cause I’m thinking I’m gonna be Sky Shark. | 因为我想叫天鲨 |
[07:39] | I call Sky Tiger. | 我要叫天虎 |
[07:40] | Dude, I told you Sky Tiger was my nickname. | 兄弟 我跟你说了我要叫天虎 |
[07:42] | No one’s Sky Tiger. I’m Sky Shark. | 没人能叫天虎 我是天鲨 |
[07:44] | There can’t be two Skies. | 不能有两个天 |
[07:45] | I was kind of thinking Thunder Shark. | 我想的是雷鲨 |
[07:50] | Enough! | 够了 |
[07:52] | Instead of nicknames, how about this — give me 20 push-ups. | 不说绰号了 这个怎么样 做20个俯卧撑 |
[07:55] | If my body’s already in peak physical condition, | 如果我的身体已经处于巅峰状态 |
[07:57] | can I pass and practice instead? | 我可以跳过这个直接练习吗 |
[07:59] | – Practice what? – Volleyball. | -练习什么 -排球 |
[08:01] | You know, for when we go to the beach | 就是我们去沙滩 |
[08:02] | and flex our young, glistening bodies. | 甩动我们年轻的白的耀眼的身体 |
[08:04] | I’m kind of body-conscious, | 我的身材很迷人的 |
[08:05] | so I’m not gonna pop off my shirt at the beach, | 所以我就不在沙滩上脱衣服了 |
[08:07] | – If that’s cool. – He’s got an outie. | -如果没问题的话 -他的肚脐外突 |
[08:09] | There’s no volleyball. | 没有排球 |
[08:10] | Son, if you’re not here to work, you’re worthless to me. | 孩子 如果你不是来训练的 对我来说就一文不值 |
[08:13] | But I was led to believe I’m special. | 但我被教育得相信我是特别的 |
[08:15] | You want special treatment? Drop and give me 40! | 你要特别对待吗 给我做40个俯卧撑 |
[08:21] | How was training, big guy? | 训练怎么样 伙计 |
[08:24] | Captain Wallace says I’m, like, better than Rambo, the real one. | 华莱士上尉说我比蓝博还厉害 真正的那个 |
[08:27] | They’re friends. | 他们是朋友 |
[08:28] | Well, I’m just proud that you’re sticking with it. | 你坚持下来了 我真为你骄傲 |
[08:30] | Oh, yeah. Stick-to-it Barry. | 对 坚持下来的巴瑞 |
[08:32] | That’s what they call me. | 他们就是这样叫我的 |
[08:35] | Mom! | 妈 |
[08:37] | Dad secretly signed a permission slip | 爸偷偷地签了同意书 |
[08:39] | to get me in basic training. | 让我接受基本训练 |
[08:40] | Now I need to have you secretly get me out of it. | 现在我需要你把我偷偷地弄出来 |
[08:42] | What?! | 什么 |
[08:44] | Dad won’t let me quit, | 爸不准我退出 |
[08:45] | but Captain Wallace is super demanding and angry. | 但华莱士上尉超苛刻超狂暴 |
[08:47] | He called me worthless. | 他说我一文不值 |
[08:48] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[08:50] | I know. Right? | 就是 |
[08:51] | Worthless? | 一文不值 |
[08:52] | Well, obviously, he’s never seen you | 显然他没见过 |
[08:54] | ride a tandem bicycle with your mother. | 你和你母亲骑双人自行车 |
[08:56] | I was doing most of the pedaling. | 我是踩踏板的主力 |
[08:58] | Are you sure he called you worthless? | 你确定他说你一文不值吗 |
[08:59] | Maybe he called you wonderful? | 也许他说你非常棒呢 |
[09:01] | No. You have to get me out of this, ma. | 不 你得帮我脱身 妈 |
[09:04] | Unless you want me to fly secret missions | 除非你要我执行秘密的任务 |
[09:07] | to dangerous foreign lands. | 飞往危险的国外 |
[09:08] | You can’t go on a secret mission. | 你不能参加秘密任务 |
[09:10] | They won’t let you call home, | 他们不准你给家里打电话 |
[09:12] | And they don’t know what kind of cheese binds you up. | 他们不知道什么样的芝士令你不舒服 |
[09:14] | – So, you’ll help? – Don’t worry, snuggy-boo. | -这么说你会帮忙 -别担心 抱乖乖 |
[09:16] | I’ll get you out. | 我会把你弄出来 |
[09:17] | Now, drop and give me 20. | 现在 给我20个 |
[09:20] | Huggies. | 抱抱 |
[09:22] | And with that, Beverly Goldberg went to war. | 就这样 贝弗莉·金伯格走向了战场 |
[09:25] | I was still upset about our fight, | 我依然为吵架的事生气 |
[09:27] | pops was ready to extend an olive branch. | 老爷子已经准备好扔出橄榄枝了 |
[09:29] | Hey, sweetheart. Y-you seen Adam? | 亲爱的 你看到亚当了吗 |
[09:32] | I-I got him one of those atari-natendo games. | 我给他买了”雅达利天堂”的游戏 |
[09:35] | It’s just like the red-car, blue-car game | 和我们在游戏厅玩的 |
[09:37] | that we play at the arcade. | 红车蓝车是一样的 |
[09:39] | Aww, that’s so cute. But he’s hanging with pop-pop. | 太感人了 但他和爷爷在一起玩 |
[09:42] | Pop-pop? I thought he was bluffing. | 爷爷 我还以为他是吓唬我的 |
[09:43] | You can always hang with me, | 你可以和我一起玩呀 |
[09:45] | you know, make the little nerd jealous. | 让这个小呆子嫉妒一下 |
[09:47] | It’d be pretty damn petty of me to use you as some pawn. | 我这样利用你 气量太小了吧 |
[09:50] | Oh, I’m totally cool with it. | 我完全没意见 |
[09:52] | We can, like, go to the mall. | 我们可以去商场 |
[09:54] | So, this is all a ploy to get me to buy you stuff? | 这是让我给你买东西的策略吗 |
[09:57] | See? We get each other. | 瞧 我们心有灵犀 |
[10:00] | I’ll drive. | 我来开车 |
[10:02] | As Erica and pops had formed an alliance, | 爱丽卡和老爷子结盟时 |
[10:04] | my mom was waging war. | 我妈则在发动战争 |
[10:06] | You, sir! | 你 先生 |
[10:08] | We need to talk. | 我们要谈谈 |
[10:09] | Mrs. Goldberg, I told you. | 金伯格太太 我跟你说过了 |
[10:10] | Yelling hours are between 9:00 and 12:00. | 9点到12点是吼人时段 |
[10:13] | This is my lunch break. | 这是我吃午餐的时间 |
[10:14] | Eat your tater tots, Earl. | 吃你的炸土豆泥吧 厄尔 |
[10:15] | I’m here for him. | 我是来找他的 |
[10:17] | What’s happening right now? | 现在什么情况 |
[10:18] | This is Beverly Goldberg. | 这是贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[10:19] | She’s the delta force of mothers. | 她是母亲中的三角洲特种部队 |
[10:21] | And I’m here to tell you | 我来告诉你 |
[10:22] | that Barry will not be returning to your course. | 巴瑞不会再来上你的课 |
[10:25] | And I’m here to tell you that your husband called and said | 我告诉你 你丈夫打了电话说 |
[10:27] | under no circumstances should I let your son weasel out of this. | 无论如何 不能让你的儿子退出 |
[10:30] | He called? | 他打了电话吗 |
[10:31] | Oh, this just got good. | 越来越有意思了 |
[10:32] | Okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[10:33] | Well, I have demands. | 我有要求 |
[10:35] | Instead of yelling, | 不准吼他 |
[10:36] | you will motivate my baby with kindness and encouragement. | 你要用仁慈与鼓励来激发我的宝贝 |
[10:39] | And you will never, ever call him worthless again. | 你永远不能再说他一文不值 |
[10:43] | Well, considering you’re asking me | 考虑到你要求我和多年来 |
[10:45] | to undo years of proven and effective military training, | 被证明有效的军训反着来 |
[10:48] | the answer is no. | 答案是不行 |
[10:49] | Or is it yes? | 或是同意 |
[10:51] | According to the school handbook, | 根据学校守则 |
[10:52] | any parent is permitted on school grounds | 只要有助于孩子的健康 |
[10:54] | to tend to the well-being of their child. | 任何家长都允许进入学校 |
[10:57] | That gives me the legal right | 这令我有合法权利 |
[10:59] | to be my son’s wingmom. | 做我儿子的妈伴 |
[11:01] | Wingmom? | 妈伴 |
[11:02] | – Wingmom. – That’s not a thing. | -妈伴 -根本没这回事 |
[11:04] | Oh, it is. | 有的 |
[11:05] | I’ll see you at 0900. | 咱们9点见 |
[11:07] | – No, you won’t. – Yes, she will. | -你见不到的 -她会见到 |
[11:09] | That woman isn’t setting one foot in my class, | 那个女人不得踏入我的课上一步 |
[11:11] | and you know why? | 知道原因吗 |
[11:12] | ‘Cause it’s absurd and unrealistic | 因为这很荒谬 不切实际 |
[11:14] | and will never happen on my watch. | 有我在 就不可能 |
[11:16] | Due to circumstances both beyond my control and beyond reason, | 鉴于我无法控制及不合理的情况 |
[11:20] | I’d like to welcome a new ridiculous addition | 我想欢迎一个荒谬的新成员 |
[11:22] | to our class. | 来到我们班上 |
[11:24] | – It’s me. – What?! | -是我 -什么 |
[11:26] | You were supposed to get me out of this, not join me! | 你应该弄我出去 而不是加入进来 |
[11:28] | But now we can both feel the need, the need for speed. | 现在我们可以一起感受需要 对速度的需要 |
[11:33] | Together. | 一起 |
[11:34] | I feel that need alone, not with my mom! | 我一个人就能感受到 不需要和妈一起 |
[11:36] | I promise you won’t even know I’m here, little schmoo. | 我保证你根本不会注意到我的存在 小乖 |
[11:38] | Little schmoo. | 小乖 |
[11:39] | Now that should be your code name. | 这个应该是你的代号 |
[11:41] | No! It’s Sky Shark. That better not stick. | 不 是天鲨 这绰号千万别传开 |
[11:43] | Infantilizing, bro! | 当你小宝宝啊 兄弟 |
[11:45] | Oh, no. The tastemakers have spoken. | 不好 带头人说话了 |
[11:47] | It’s sticking! | 这名字算是跟着我了 |
[11:49] | With my mom officially enlisted, | 我妈正式参军 |
[11:50] | I had officially signed up | 我则正式准备 |
[11:52] | for a day of fun and laughter with pop-pop. | 与爷爷度过一个充满快乐与笑声的一天 |
[11:56] | Hey, where’s all the loose change? | 那些零钱呢 |
[11:57] | You promised me pocketfuls of quarters. | 你跟我保证了会有好多硬币 |
[12:00] | While we’re here, might as well play a few games. | 既然来了 不如玩游戏吧 |
[12:03] | What do you think? | 你说呢 |
[12:04] | The only game I played when I was a kid | 我还是孩子时唯一玩的游戏 |
[12:06] | was stop the Irish from stealing our jobs. | 就是阻止爱尔兰人抢走我们的工作 |
[12:09] | O-kay. | 好吧 |
[12:11] | There’s got to be coins in the fountain. | 喷泉里肯定有硬币 |
[12:12] | I’ll hold your legs. | 我拉住你的腿你去捞 |
[12:13] | My playdate with pop-pop couldn’t get any worse… | 我与爷爷的”约会”不可能更糟了 |
[12:16] | Holy balls! | 该死的 |
[12:18] | …Until we ran into my ex. | 直到我撞见我的”前任” |
[12:19] | What’s he doing here? How’s my hair? | 他来这里做什么 我的头发怎么样 |
[12:22] | Looks like a chia thing. | 一堆烂卷毛 |
[12:23] | Shut up and laugh like I said something funny. | 闭嘴快笑 好像我说了好笑的 |
[12:24] | Since when are you funny? | 你什么时候开始搞笑了 |
[12:29] | So fun. | 太好笑了 |
[12:31] | Oh. Hey, pops. | 老爷子 |
[12:34] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[12:36] | Didn’t expect to see you here… | 没想到会在这里见到你 |
[12:38] | With her. | 和她一起 |
[12:39] | Yeah, I’d love to chat, | 我也想聊聊 |
[12:41] | but pops and I are hitting up Benetton. | 但老爷子和我要去贝纳通服饰 |
[12:42] | Need some resort wear to be ready to jet down to Florida | 需要一些休闲服 为去佛罗里达做准备 |
[12:45] | with my main man. | 和老大一起 |
[12:46] | Well, I’m happy that you found someone to spend time with. | 我很高兴你找到了共度时光的人 |
[12:49] | Oh, this one’s the best. | 这家伙最棒了 |
[12:51] | Hope you’re having fun, too. | 希望你也开心 |
[12:53] | So much fun. | 太开心了 |
[12:54] | Today, I watched pop-pop pick up his prescription | 今天 我看着爷爷拿着处方 |
[12:58] | and berate the pharmacist | 痛骂药剂师 |
[12:59] | while I played with the blood-pressure machine. | 而我在玩血压计 |
[13:01] | Classic us. | 我们就是这样 |
[13:02] | Ah, I see what’s going on here. | 我知道是怎么回事了 |
[13:05] | You’re only hanging out with me to hurt his feelings. | 你和我一起只为了伤他的心 |
[13:07] | Well done. | 做得好 |
[13:09] | In your face, Al. I’m his favorite grandpa now. | 你输了 老艾 我现在是他最喜欢的祖父了 |
[13:12] | Not a competition, Ben. | 这不是比赛 本 |
[13:13] | Oh, yes. It sure is. | 肯定是的 |
[13:14] | I’ve been waiting for this for years. | 我已经等这一刻几年了 |
[13:16] | You think you’re so great with your pockets full of paper money | 你觉得你钱多 你人好 |
[13:18] | and your genuine kindness. | 你就了不起吗 |
[13:19] | Well, no more. | 不再是了 |
[13:20] | I’m the pops now. | 我现在是老爷子了 |
[13:22] | You’re not the pops. | 你不是老爷子 |
[13:23] | I’ll always be the pops. | 我永远是老爷子 |
[13:24] | No, no. I’m taking it because I hate being called pop-pop. | 不 这称呼归我 我讨厌被叫作爷爷 |
[13:27] | Then pick another name, like, uh, poppy. | 那就另选一个 比如说 老爹爹 |
[13:30] | Oh, hell, no. | 才不呢 |
[13:31] | Pap-pap. | 老公公 |
[13:32] | – Paw-paw. – No, no, no. | -公公 -不不 |
[13:34] | Face it. I finally beat you, and this little weirdo is my prize. | 面对现实 我战胜了你 这个小怪物是我的奖品 |
[13:36] | Enough! I’ve had it with both of you. | 可以了 我受够你们了 |
[13:38] | No one gets to be my pops! | 没人能做我的老爷子 |
[13:42] | And for the record, I still won. | 正式说一下 我还是赢了 |
[13:45] | Come on, Goldberg. | 加油 金伯格 |
[13:46] | The only way out of my class is over that wall, | 离开我的课唯一的办法就是翻过这面墙 |
[13:48] | you lazy sack of nothing. | 你这个一无是处的懒东西 |
[13:49] | Don’t you listen to him. You’re a sack of everything! | 别听他的 你才不是东西呢 |
[13:51] | You need to push that lazy, worthless body, | 你需要推动那懒惰的一文不值的身体 |
[13:54] | or you’ll be a loser forever. | 否则你永远是失败者 |
[13:55] | Your body is a sweet treasure, and you’re a winner! | 你的身体是珍贵的宝藏 你是成功者 |
[13:58] | Say, “I’m a winner!” | 说 我是成功者 |
[14:01] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[14:02] | – Too hard! – You don’t know hard. | -太难了 -你根本不知道什么是难 |
[14:04] | Now stand up and start from the beginning. | 站好了 从起点开始 |
[14:06] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 不行不行 |
[14:07] | He’s done. Come with me and rest up, baby. | 他完成了 跟我来休息 宝贝 |
[14:09] | – Really? – Really? | -真的吗 -真的吗 |
[14:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:11] | Barry has low energy today because he overslept | 巴瑞今天没力气 因为他睡过头了 |
[14:13] | and didn’t get a complete breakfast, | 没有吃完早餐 |
[14:15] | but I have raisins, so we’re good. | 但我有葡萄干 没事了 |
[14:17] | Oh, are we, now? | 是吗 |
[14:19] | We are. | 是的 |
[14:19] | The school manual clearly states | 学校守则上清楚地写着 |
[14:21] | – that nutritional health is one of the most — – Fine. | -营养健康最重要 -行了 |
[14:24] | Then everyone else will attack the course except for Goldberg, | 其他人都要完成 除了金伯格 |
[14:27] | who’s gonna sit on the side and eat his box of raisins. | 他将坐在旁边 吃他的葡萄干 |
[14:30] | Sir, yes, sir! It’s nature’s candy, sir! | 是 长官 这是大自然的糖果 长官 |
[14:32] | Yes. I’ve had raisins. | 是 我吃过葡萄干 |
[14:34] | I can’t believe these came from grapes, sir. | 我不敢相信这些是葡萄做的 长官 |
[14:36] | I wonder who came up with the idea for them, sir. | 不知道是谁想出这办法的 长官 |
[14:38] | – Are you done? – No, sir! | -说完了吗 -没 长官 |
[14:39] | Permission to share a few plump raisins with my platoon, sir! | 请求与我的战友共享一些葡萄干 长官 |
[14:42] | Denied! | 不批准 |
[14:43] | Just go sit on the bleachers and shut up. | 坐到看台上闭嘴 |
[14:45] | The rest of you, move it! | 其他的 上 |
[14:48] | Feels pretty good having a wingmom, huh? | 有个妈伴不错吧 |
[14:52] | The sun makes them taste so sweet. | 太阳令它们好美味 |
[14:56] | Hey, there, soldier. How was your day? | 士兵 你今天怎么样 |
[14:59] | Tough as balls, but you were right, dad. | 艰苦着呢 但你是对的 爸 |
[15:01] | It feels good to stick it out. | 坚持下来的感觉真好 |
[15:02] | It does. | 是的 |
[15:03] | I bet you’re starving. | 我打赌你饿了 |
[15:05] | How about a snack? | 来点零食怎么样 |
[15:08] | Raisin? | 葡萄干 |
[15:09] | Mom, he knows. | 妈 他知道了 |
[15:10] | – He knows? – He knows. | -他知道了吗 -他知道了 |
[15:11] | – Wait. Do you know? – Wingmom? | -慢着 你知道了吗 -妈伴吗 |
[15:13] | – He knows. – How do you know? | -他知道了 -你怎么知道的 |
[15:14] | I have my sources! | 我有我的线人 |
[15:15] | What? Captain Wallace tattled? | 怎样 华莱士上尉打小报告了吗 |
[15:17] | Bevy, how could you go behind my back and try and help him? | 贝弗 你怎能背着我去帮他 |
[15:20] | How could you sign that permission slip behind my back? | 你怎能背着我签了同意书 |
[15:22] | Because it’s important. | 因为这很重要 |
[15:24] | ROTC was the only way I could go to college. | 后备军官训练队是我唯一可以上大学的机会 |
[15:27] | It’s literally the first thing in my life I ever saw through. | 那是我人生中第一件完成的事 |
[15:31] | And thank god I did, because the guy I was before | 谢天谢地我完成了 因为以前的我 |
[15:34] | wouldn’t have had a shot with you or any of this. | 和你或和这一切根本没可能 |
[15:37] | Look, look, you guys both win. | 听着 你们都赢了 |
[15:39] | Thanks to mom, I get to protect my country | 多亏了妈妈 我可以保卫我的祖国 |
[15:41] | in a way that suits my lifestyle — | 以一种适合我生活方式的方法 |
[15:43] | Being a hero without working hard. | 不用努力却成为英雄 |
[15:46] | Well… Mission accomplished. | 好的 任务完成 |
[15:57] | Oh, so good. | 太好吃了 |
[16:00] | Officially grandfather-less, | 正式没了祖父 |
[16:02] | I decided to go to my favorite place in the world to cheer up. | 我决定去全世界我最爱的地方振作起来 |
[16:08] | Right there with you, Pac. | 完全懂你 吃豆人 |
[16:09] | You can’t rely on anyone. | 任何人都靠不住 |
[16:14] | I got next game. | 我要玩下一局 |
[16:17] | Not talking to me, huh? | 不跟我说话吗 |
[16:19] | All right. Let’s play for it. | 好的 我们来玩游戏 |
[16:20] | If I beat you, then you got to listen to me. | 如果我赢了你 你就得听我说话 |
[16:23] | If not, I’m gone. | 我输了 我走人 |
[16:25] | Deal? | 行吗 |
[16:26] | You? Play me? | 你 和我比 |
[16:29] | At Ms. Pac-man? | 吃豆人游戏 |
[16:30] | My best game? | 我最拿手的游戏 |
[16:32] | Let’s just say your old grandpa | 也许你的老外公 |
[16:34] | may have some skills that might surprise you. | 有些技艺令你惊讶 |
[16:44] | It was a game of legend. | 那是传奇性的一次游戏比拼 |
[16:46] | Our entire relationship was on the line. | 我们的关系命悬一线 |
[16:48] | In that moment, | 在那一刻 |
[16:49] | pops played that machine… | 老爷子玩那台游戏机 |
[16:50] | Like he never played it before. | 就像他从来没玩过一样 |
[16:52] | I did it! | 我成功了 |
[16:54] | I win! | 我赢了 |
[16:55] | Actually, you lost. | 你输了 |
[16:56] | Well, that’s crazy. | 太离谱了 |
[16:58] | My angry ghosts killed that pac-woman over and over. | 我愤怒的鬼魂一次又一次地杀死了吃豆人 |
[17:01] | You’re not the ghosts. | 你不是鬼魂 |
[17:02] | I’m not the ghosts? | 我不是鬼魂吗 |
[17:03] | You’re the pac-woman. | 你是女吃豆人 |
[17:05] | I’m the pac-woman? | 我是女吃豆人吗 |
[17:05] | You’re the pac-woman. | 你是女吃豆人 |
[17:08] | Well I-I guess it’s goodbye. | 我想只能说再见了 |
[17:13] | As I was losing my wingman, | 我失去了我的伙伴 |
[17:15] | Barry was ready for another day with his wingmom. | 巴瑞准备好与他的妈伴再共度一天 |
[17:18] | Mom, rotc’s in 20 minutes. | 妈 训练20分钟后就开始了 |
[17:20] | Why aren’t you dressed in your camo sweater? | 你为什么没穿你的迷彩毛衣 |
[17:22] | Honey, I’m not going. | 亲爱的 我不去了 |
[17:24] | But you are. Alone. | 但你要去 一个人 |
[17:26] | What? | 什么 |
[17:27] | You never leave your wingman, and you’re my wingmom. | 永远不要抛弃伙伴 你是我的妈伴 |
[17:29] | Here. I want to show you something. | 来 给你看样东西 |
[17:32] | This is a picture of your dad at his rotc graduation. | 这是你爸爸从后备军官训练队毕业的照片 |
[17:35] | Who does he look like to you? | 你觉得他像谁 |
[17:38] | Me. | 我 |
[17:39] | Look, your dad had nothing growing up, | 你爸在成长过程中什么也没有 |
[17:42] | but he was able to make so much of himself | 但他却能获得成功 |
[17:44] | because he wasn’t a quitter. | 因为他是有毅力的人 |
[17:47] | I think I protect you so much, I’ve turned you into one. | 我想我太过保护你了 让你变成了没毅力的人 |
[17:54] | That’s why I’m ripping up my list of dangerous jobs. | 所以我要撕掉危险工作清单 |
[17:58] | Does this mean those jobs are no longer off-limits? | 这代表这些工作不再是禁止的吗 |
[18:00] | What you want to be in life is up to you, | 你这辈子想做什么 由你自己决定 |
[18:03] | no matter how scary it is for me. | 无论我觉得这职业有多可怕 |
[18:06] | Even a trapeze artist? | 杂技空中飞人也行吗 |
[18:07] | Don’t push it. | 别得寸进尺 |
[18:15] | Goldberg… | 金伯格 |
[18:17] | We don’t normally say this in the military, but… | 这话在军队里并不常说 但是 |
[18:20] | Where’s your mother? | 你的母亲呢 |
[18:21] | I’m flying solo today, captain. | 我今天一个人 上尉 |
[18:25] | Turns out, even without a wingmom, | 结果 没有妈伴 |
[18:27] | Barry could still soar on his own. | 巴瑞也可以一个人高飞 |
[18:29] | As for me, when pops walked out of that arcade, | 至于我 老爷子走出游戏厅时 |
[18:32] | I realized I could never fly as high without him. | 我意识到没有他我无法高飞 |
[18:34] | I’ve been informed that you’re a sucker for a sales pitch, | 我得知你对销售演讲没有抵抗力 |
[18:37] | so I figured you may want to sit for this. | 所以我想你可能想听这个 |
[18:39] | – Depends what you’re selling. – Us. | -要看你卖的是什么 -我们 |
[18:45] | By a show of hands, how many of you fine folks | 举手表决 你们中有谁 |
[18:47] | have a grandson who you’ve helped raise? | 帮忙抚养了外孙 |
[18:53] | And how many of you are willing to forgive said grandson | 你们中有谁愿意原谅这个表现得 |
[18:56] | for acting like a selfish putz? | 像个自私的笨蛋一样的外孙 |
[19:00] | ‘Cause the truth is, no matter where you live, | 因为事实是 无论你住在哪里 |
[19:03] | you’ll always be my hero, always be my best friend, | 你永远会是我的英雄 永远会是我最好的朋友 |
[19:07] | always be my pops. | 永远是我的老爷子 |
[19:09] | Sold. | 成交 |
[19:13] | And that’s how I made peace with my pops. | 就这样我和老爷子和好了 |
[19:16] | Sometimes it takes almost losing someone | 有时候差点失去一个人 |
[19:18] | to make you realize just how much you need them. | 才令你意识到你有多需要他们 |
[19:21] | As for pop-pop, he’d always be | 至于爷爷 他永远是那种 |
[19:23] | the kind of grandfather who didn’t need much, | 你不太需要的祖父 |
[19:25] | but deep down inside, I knew that he still needed me. | 但内心深处 我知道他还是需要我的 |
[19:28] | And, to be honest, I needed him, too. | 说实话 我也需要他 |
[19:33] | That’s the thing about the people we love. | 我们爱的人就是这样 |
[19:35] | They’re there at our lowest… | 我们最失意时他们在身边 |
[19:36] | Well done, boys. Only one thing to do now. | 做得好 伙计们 现在只剩一件事了 |
[19:39] | Yeah, there is! | 太对了 |
[19:42] | …And they’re there when we’re flying high, | 我们翱翔时 他们也在身边 |
[19:45] | helping us celebrate our biggest victories. | 帮我们庆祝我们伟大的胜利 |
[20:04] | Truth is you can win any battle | 有家人支持时 |
[20:06] | when your family’s got your back, | 你可以赢得任何战斗 |
[20:08] | ‘Cause no matter what life throws at you, | 因为无论生活中碰到什么不顺 |
[20:10] | it’s easy for a Maverick when he’s got Goose at his side. | 有”呆头鹅”在身边 “独行侠”更轻松 |
[20:13] | – Winner! – Dang it! | -胜利了 -见鬼 |
[20:15] | That’s life in the fast lane, kiddo. | 这就是快节奏的生活 孩子 |
[20:23] | How many girls do you think you’ve dated in your life? | 你这辈子约会过多少女生 |
[20:25] | Too numerous to mention. | 太多了 不用说 |
[20:27] | Sir, I figured it out. | 长官 我想明白了 |
[20:29] | I know why you were so mad at my nicknames. | 我知道你为什么对我的绰号很生气 |
[20:31] | They weren’t good enough. | 这些都不够好 |
[20:33] | Lucky for you, I got some more. | 你很幸运 我还有 |
[20:34] | I was very clear. | 我说得很清楚 |
[20:35] | No call signs, no nicknames. | 不要代号 不要绰号 |
[20:37] | – But what about Sky Monkey? – No. | -天猴 -不行 |
[20:38] | – Air Dragon? – No. | -飞龙 -不行 |
[20:39] | – Air Jordan? – No. | -飞人乔丹 -不行 |
[20:40] | – Thunder Hornet? – No. | -雷蜂 -不行 |
[20:41] | – Sky Dagger? – My god. | -天剑 -我的天 |
[20:42] | – Sky Monkey. – You already said that. | -天猴 -你已经说过了 |
[20:43] | – Wolf Man. – No! | -狼人 -不行 |
[20:44] | – Iron Beagle? – No. | -铁犬 -不行 |
[20:45] | – Mach Nine? – No. | -极速 -不行 |
[20:46] | – Mock Turtleneck? – No. | -高领衫 -不行 |
[20:47] | – Handsome Barry? – No. | -英俊巴瑞 -不行 |
[20:48] | – Tall Barry? – No. | -高大巴瑞 -不行 |
[20:49] | – Applesauce? – Yes! That’s the one! | -苹果酱 -好 就这个 |
[20:51] | Applesauce. You are Applesauce. | 苹果酱 你是苹果酱 |
[20:55] | – No! – Oh, yes. | -不 -是的 |
[20:56] | That’s just filler. | 这只是充数的 |
[20:57] | I was saying that so you could warm up to Sky Shark. | 我是铺垫下 好让你选天鲨 |
[20:59] | Pick Sky Shark! | 选天鲨 |