时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back in the ’80s before we could easily text money | 八十年代 我们还不能轻易地发个短信 |
[00:02] | To any charity we wished, we had the world-famous | 就能把钱捐给心仪的慈善组织时 |
[00:04] | Charity craze that completely swept the entire country. | 世界闻名的慈善狂热彻底横扫全国 |
[00:08] | Hands across america — it’s happening this weekend, | 携手美国 就在这个周末 |
[00:10] | And you will not make coach look bad. | 你们不能给教练丢脸 |
[00:13] | All right, listen up. | 听好了 |
[00:14] | This limited-edition, government-issued visor | 这顶限量版政府发行的遮阳帽 |
[00:17] | Means that I have been personally appointed | 代表着我被任命为 |
[00:18] | Regional captain because I volunteered. | 地区队长 因为我是自愿担任的 |
[00:21] | It is my duty to make sure everybody in this town | 我的职责就是确保全镇的人 |
[00:23] | Forms a human chain to stop the homeless. | 组成人链来阻止流浪汉 |
[00:26] | Questions. | 提问 |
[00:28] | Goldberg. | 金伯格 |
[00:29] | Isn’t it kind of mean to form a chain | 组成人链不让流浪汉通过 |
[00:31] | And not let the homeless people pass through? | 这样做是不是太刻薄了 |
[00:32] | That was my first thought, too, | 我开始也是这样想的 |
[00:34] | But it was explained to me that we would be allowing | 然后有人给我解释 我们可以 |
[00:35] | The homeless to come and go as they please. | 让流浪汉随意通过 |
[00:37] | – Goldberg again. – Still confused. | -金伯格 -还是很糊涂 |
[00:39] | – Um, how does holding hands help anyone? – Hello. | -牵手怎么能帮助人 -拜托 |
[00:42] | Everyone in america is gonna hold hands at once | 所有美国人会同时牵手 |
[00:44] | To show we are symbolically unified | 象征着我们团结一致 |
[00:45] | In our fight to end homelessness. | 要消灭无家可归现象 |
[00:47] | It’s beautiful, really. | 太感人了 |
[00:48] | Hell, I wish I had more than two hands. | 真希望我不止两只手 |
[00:50] | Yes, we get it. | 是 我们懂 |
[00:51] | You’re the socially aware girl. | 你是个有社会意识的女生 |
[00:54] | No reason to showboat about it, other Goldberg. | 没理由卖弄 金伯格家的 |
[00:56] | I’ll stop talking. | 我不说了 |
[00:57] | Now, in the spirit of the event, | 本着这次活动的精神 |
[01:00] | Let’s hit the floor and practice. | 我们下场来练习 |
[01:03] | let’s go! Move it! | 快点 动起来 |
[01:04] | Grab and squeeze, people! | 紧紧握住手 各位 |
[01:06] | Interlace those fingers! | 手指交叉 |
[01:08] | Engage every digit! | 每根手指都贴在一起 |
[01:09] | I want to see hustle, and I want to see determination! | 我要看到热情 我要看到决心 |
[01:12] | Yeah! Let me feel it! | 对 让我感受下 |
[01:15] | There it is — a chain. | 很好 人链 |
[01:36] | It was the second Wednesday of the month, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年某月的第二个周三 |
[01:39] | And the harvest hop was coming up. | 秋季舞会即将来临 |
[01:40] | It was the first dance where you had to ask someone. | 这是要邀请舞伴的第一个舞会 |
[01:43] | I mean, seriously, why do I have to wait | 说真的 我为什么要等某个笨蛋 |
[01:45] | For some meathead to ask me to a lame-ass dance? | 来邀请我去参加差劲的舞会 |
[01:47] | – Because that’s how society works. – Count me out. | -社交礼仪就是这样 -不算我了 |
[01:50] | Well, I have it on good authority | 我有可靠消息 |
[01:52] | That Adam Bbel is going to ask someone today. | 亚当·艾贝尔今天要邀请某人 |
[01:55] | I could give a crap about that nerd. | 那个呆子就算了吧 |
[01:58] | He’s coming this way. | 他来了 |
[01:59] | Go, go, go! | 走开 |
[02:02] | Pam, you, um, have a date to the dance and stuff? | 帕姆 你有舞伴了吗 |
[02:06] | no. | 没 |
[02:08] | Are…You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[02:12] | Yeah. | 很好 |
[02:13] | Why wouldn’t I be? | 我为什么不好 |
[02:17] | – You sure you’re okay? – No, genius. | -你确定你没事吗 -不 天才 |
[02:20] | I’m like the only girl who didn’t get asked. | 我是唯一没有被邀请的女生 |
[02:22] | That’s freaking humiliating. | 太丢人了 |
[02:23] | Well, you can always go with your awesome best friend. | 你可以和你出色的最好的朋友一起去啊 |
[02:28] | Stop! It’ll be fun. | 少来了 会很有意思的 |
[02:30] | We can goof on everyone. | 我们可以戏弄其他人 |
[02:32] | Dana can’t fly out to go with me. | 戴娜不能飞来和我一起去 |
[02:33] | This way we’re not total losers without dates. | 这样我们就不是没舞伴的失败者了 |
[02:36] | Normally, I’d roll my eyes and punch you, | 通常我会翻白眼并揍你 |
[02:38] | But honestly, I’m desperate, so yes. | 但说实话 我绝望了 好吧 |
[02:40] | Dear god, yes. | 我的天 好的 |
[02:42] | Get off me, dork. | 走开 呆子 |
[02:44] | You’re a complicated person. | 你真是一个复杂的人 |
[02:46] | Turns out the only good thing | 原来女友在西雅图 |
[02:47] | About having a girlfriend in seattle | 唯一的好处就是 |
[02:49] | Was I was completely free to help out a friend. | 我可以帮助朋友 |
[02:52] | or not. | 或不是 |
[02:53] | – Surprise! – What? Why? | -惊喜 -什么 为什么 |
[02:55] | My grandma broke her hip, | 我奶奶摔断了胯骨 |
[02:56] | So my parents are letting me visit her. | 我父母让我来看望她 |
[02:57] | So lucky. | 太幸运了 |
[02:59] | For us — she’s bummed. | 对我们来说 她很不高兴 |
[03:01] | So we get to go to the dance! | 我们可以参加舞会啦 |
[03:02] | Yeah, about the dance. | 关于这次舞会 |
[03:04] | Oh, my god. You’re not excited. | 我的天 你一点也不激动 |
[03:07] | You’re going with someone else? | 你和别人一起去 |
[03:08] | Are we not us anymore? | 我们分手了吗 |
[03:10] | No, of course we’re us. | 不 我们当然没分手 |
[03:12] | I’m going with you, my girlfriend, who I love. | 我和你去 我爱的女友 |
[03:17] | I’m so excited. | 我太激动了 |
[03:18] | Me also excited. | 我也很激动 |
[03:20] | As I was reeling from my two dates to the dance, | 带两个舞伴参加舞会打击到我了 |
[03:22] | My mom was reeling after a visit with Virginia Kremp. | 我妈在拜访维吉尼亚·克伦普后也被打击了 |
[03:25] | Is that your family at the flower show again? | 你们家又参加了花展吗 |
[03:28] | “The inquirer” Put your picture in the paper last year. | 《问询报》去年也登过你们的照片 |
[03:31] | Oh, well, Charles won top florist again. | 查尔斯又赢得了最佳花商的称号 |
[03:34] | His topiary of rosa parks was the real star. | 他修剪的罗莎·帕克斯灌木像简直绝了 |
[03:37] | Well, all I know is you got another | 我只知道你又有了一张 |
[03:38] | Stunning picture of your whole family. | 非常棒的全家福照片 |
[03:41] | You’re like the freaking Kennedys of Jenkintown. | 你们就像珍金镇的肯尼迪家族 |
[03:43] | Please, no, we’re not. Do people really say that? | 拜托 我们不是 人们这样说吗 |
[03:46] | I’d give anything to have just one photo of me and my babies | 只要我和孩子们也有这么开心的照片 |
[03:49] | Looking that happy on the front page of the paper. | 能上报纸头版 我愿意付出一切 |
[03:52] | Well, Barry did make the paper for that time | 巴瑞那次和表演小马打起来 |
[03:54] | He got in the fight with the service horse. | 也上了报纸 |
[03:56] | He really thought it was his apple. | 他以为那是他的苹果 |
[03:58] | – Horses are tricky. – Yeah. | -马很狡猾的 -是 |
[03:59] | Little did my mom know | 我妈不知道的是 |
[04:00] | Her photo op was right around the corner. | 拍照的机会马上就来了 |
[04:03] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[04:04] | Are you two crafting together? | 你俩在一起做手工吗 |
[04:08] | By choice? | 自愿的吗 |
[04:09] | No, no, no, calm down. We’re not crafting. | 不 冷静 我们没做手工 |
[04:11] | We’re just making art with construction paper, | 我们只是用图画用纸 |
[04:13] | Markers, and glitter for public display. | 马克笔和胶水做展示用的画 |
[04:15] | That’s crafting. | 这就是手工 |
[04:17] | Fine, we’re crafting. | 好的 我们在做手工 |
[04:18] | We need to spread the word about hands across america. | 我们要宣传”携手美国” |
[04:20] | Yeah, I don’t know about that whole thing. | 这事我说不好 |
[04:22] | Hands have germs. | 手有细菌 |
[04:23] | Think of all those colds passing across the country | 感冒会传遍全国的 |
[04:25] | Like a big bacteria highway. | 就像细菌高速一样 |
[04:28] | Whatever. | 随便 |
[04:29] | I’m doing it because it’ll help people in real need. | 我会参加 这会帮助真正有需要的人 |
[04:31] | And I’m doing it for the celebrity contact. | 我参加是为了追星 |
[04:34] | Hoping to hold hands with Heather Locklear. | 希望能牵海瑟·洛克莱尔的手 |
[04:36] | No — Alyssa Milano. | 不 艾莉莎·米兰诺 |
[04:37] | No — K.I.T.T., the car from “Knight rider.” | 不 基特 《霹雳游侠》里的车 |
[04:40] | You can’t hold hands with a car, idiot. | 你没办法和车牵手 白痴 |
[04:42] | – I’ll hold the antenna. – Wait a minute. | -我牵着它的天线 -稍等 |
[04:43] | Celebrities are doing this? | 名人也参加了吗 |
[04:45] | Yeah, downtown philly actually nabbed Scott Baio. | 斯克特·拜奥会去费城中心区 |
[04:48] | From “Happy days” And “Chachi in charge”? | 演了《快乐时光》和《恰奇当家》的那个吗 |
[04:50] | Don’t forget “Zapped!” Where he uses | 别忘了《脸红心跳》 |
[04:52] | His magic powers to lift girls’ dresses. | 他的超能力能掀起女生的裙子 |
[04:54] | Turn that off. | 关掉 |
[04:55] | Point is this thing’s gonna be a huge deal. | 重点是这可是大事 |
[04:57] | It’s literally going to be on the front page of all the papers. | 会上所有报纸的头版 |
[05:00] | You mean like newspapers? | 新闻报纸吗 |
[05:02] | Like the kind that take pictures of moms and their kids? | 会拍下母亲和孩子照片的吗 |
[05:06] | What? | 什么 |
[05:10] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[05:11] | – I want to help with hands across america. – Okay. | -我要帮忙携手美国的事 -好 |
[05:13] | And by help, I mean push you aside and take over entirely. | 我说的帮忙 就是你走人 我来管事 |
[05:16] | – I said okay. – Really? | -我说了好 -真的吗 |
[05:18] | I’m in way over my head. | 我根本应付不了 |
[05:19] | They want me to organize, make posters. | 他们让我组织 做海报 |
[05:21] | They gave me a pen and a ledger. | 他们给了我一支笔和账簿 |
[05:22] | I don’t know what to do with them. | 我不知道用这个做什么 |
[05:23] | To record the donations. | 记录捐款 |
[05:25] | Oh, no, I — | 不 我 |
[05:26] | I’ve been putting everybody’s cash in a bag. | 我把大家的钱放在一个袋子里 |
[05:28] | Well, there must be thousands there. | 这里面应该有几千 |
[05:30] | I don’t know. I’m a gym teacher, I’m not a count teacher. | 我不知道 我是体育老师 不是数数老师 |
[05:32] | – You mean a math teacher? – I don’t know. | -你是说数学老师吧 -我不知道 |
[05:34] | I’m not an english teacher, either. | 我也不是语文老师 |
[05:35] | Did you at least get us a celebrity? | 至少你请了名人吧 |
[05:36] | No, th– we can’t compete with philly. | 没 我们哪能和费城比 |
[05:39] | Philly is the Paris of Pennsylvania. | 费城是宾州的巴黎 |
[05:41] | They got Baio. We got jack squat. | 人家有拜奥 我们什么也没有 |
[05:44] | You should go rest. | 你去歇着吧 |
[05:45] | As my mom was saving coach Mellor, | 我妈拯救梅勒教练时 |
[05:47] | I was racing for the one man who always rescued me. | 我跑去找总是拯救我的人 |
[05:49] | – Dad. – Yes. | -爸 -什么事 |
[05:50] | I need help. Where’s pops? | 我需要帮助 老爷子在哪里 |
[05:52] | There he is. Thank god. | 他来了 谢天谢地 |
[05:53] | Pops, I have two dates to the dance. | 老爷子 我有两个舞伴参加舞会 |
[05:56] | Way to go, kiddo! | 好样的 孩子 |
[05:57] | No, it’s a bad thing. | 不 这是坏事 |
[05:58] | Oh, yeah, it is. | 对 是的 |
[05:59] | No, I agreed to go with Emmy Mirsky | 我同意陪艾米·莫斯基去 |
[06:01] | To cheer her up, but Dana flew in. | 让她开心 结果戴娜又飞回来了 |
[06:03] | Then just tell Emmy you’re going with Dana. | 那就告诉艾米你要陪戴娜去 |
[06:05] | – She’ll understand. – No, she won’t. | -她会理解的 -她不会 |
[06:08] | A guy dissed her, and I saw her cry for the first time ever. | 一个男生让她没面子 我第一次看到她哭 |
[06:11] | Then just tell Dana you can’t go with her. | 那就告诉戴娜你不能和她去 |
[06:13] | She’ll freak out if I go with another girl, | 如果我和其他女生去她会发疯的 |
[06:15] | Even if it is Emmy. | 就算是艾米也不行 |
[06:16] | Then take them both. They never even have to know. | 那就带两个人去 她们甚至不用知道这事 |
[06:19] | Like Peter did on “The brady bunch”? | 像《布雷迪家族》里皮特那样吗 |
[06:20] | I brady-bunched two ladies at a U.S.O. Dance back in ’41. | 我在41年就曾带两位女士参加联合服务组织舞会 |
[06:24] | Never felt so alive. | 从没觉得这么刺激过 |
[06:26] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[06:27] | Nobody’s brady-bunching anyone. | 没人脚踏两只船 |
[06:30] | You want some real advice? | 想听真正的建议吗 |
[06:32] | Don’t be a moron. | 别做个白痴 |
[06:33] | Seriously? | 你不是吧 |
[06:34] | That’s your advice for everything. | 这是你给所有事的建议 |
[06:35] | It applies to everything. | 适用于所有事 |
[06:37] | I think I’m gonna stick with pops’ advice. | 我想我还是听老爷子的建议吧 |
[06:40] | All right, time for a tv master class | 是时候来个电视大师课 |
[06:42] | On how to juggle two dates at once. | 学习如何带两位舞伴参加舞会 |
[06:45] | First up, the gold standard — | 首先 黄金标准 |
[06:47] | “The brady bunch,” And I’m Peter. | 《布雷迪家族》 我是皮特 |
[06:49] | Because your weird voice cracks just like his? | 因为你奇怪的声音和他一样沙哑吗 |
[06:51] | Despite that shot at my self-esteem, | 尽管这话伤自尊 |
[06:53] | I knew with the help of my trusty tv shows, | 但我知道在我可依赖的电视剧的帮助下 |
[06:55] | I could pull off two dates at once. | 我可以一次搞定两个舞伴 |
[06:57] | Oh, no! Peter Brady, you blew it. | 不 皮特·布雷迪 你搞砸了 |
[07:00] | Or so I thought. | 我以为如此 |
[07:01] | No! Alex P. Keaton. | 不 亚历克斯·P·基顿 |
[07:03] | Each one was worse than the next. | 一个比一个差劲 |
[07:05] | Jack’s screwed! | 杰克死定了 |
[07:06] | Both women are at the Regal Beagle. | 两个女人都在帝王猎犬店 |
[07:08] | As we watched the same plot done on every show, | 我们看完了所有电视剧里的相同情节 |
[07:10] | It became abundantly clear. | 事态变得明朗了 |
[07:12] | Dude, it can’t be done. | 伙计 这是不可能的 |
[07:14] | Shut up, Dave Kim! | 闭嘴 金戴夫 |
[07:16] | I see that. | 我看到了 |
[07:18] | As my universe was crumbling, my mom saw a world | 我的世界崩塌时 我妈看到了一个 |
[07:21] | Where she finally got a photo in the paper with her kids. | 她终于可以和孩子们一起上报的世界 |
[07:24] | Yo, yo, yo, volunteers. | 各位志愿者们 |
[07:26] | Who’s ready to get this homeless party started? | 谁准备好开始这场流浪汉派对了 |
[07:28] | Mom, what are you doing here? | 妈 你来这里做什么 |
[07:30] | You’re looking at the new regional captain | 我是携手美国最新的 |
[07:31] | – For hands across america. – What happened to coach Mellor? | -地区队长 -梅勒教练怎么了 |
[07:34] | He cracked under the pressure, but don’t worry. | 压力令他崩溃了 但别担心 |
[07:36] | Mama’s here. | 有妈妈在 |
[07:37] | I know how important this is for you. | 我知道这对你们来说有多重要 |
[07:39] | – Yeah, I’m out. – Me too. Shut it down, people. | -我退出 -我也一样 不干了 各位 |
[07:43] | Whoa, hold up. | 等等 |
[07:44] | Now that I’m involved, you’re just gonna bail? | 现在我来了 你们却要走吗 |
[07:46] | Nothing personal — you just make fun things suck. | 不是对你有意见 只是你会让有趣的事无趣 |
[07:48] | Well, that — | 这样 |
[07:49] | That is a shame because this lady right here | 这样太可惜了 因为这位女士 |
[07:52] | Just got Scott Baio | 刚让斯克特·拜奥 |
[07:55] | To ditch philly and come to J-town. | 不去费城了 来珍金镇 |
[07:58] | Dude, we got Fonzie’s cousin. | 伙计 方奇的表弟要来我们这里 |
[08:01] | No, everyone stop. | 大家先停下 |
[08:03] | Mom, did you really get Scott Baio? | 妈 你真的叫来了斯克特·拜奥吗 |
[08:04] | I literally just got off the phone with Scotty B. | 我真的刚和小斯B打完电话 |
[08:08] | He told me to call him Scotty B. | 他让我叫他小斯B |
[08:09] | And he agreed to come here and hold hands with me. | 他同意来这里 牵我的手 |
[08:14] | I call the one available hand. | 另一只手归我 |
[08:15] | No way — the hand is mine! | 别想 那只手是我的 |
[08:16] | Okay, this is my future husband. Why do you care? | 他是我未来老公 你在乎什么 |
[08:19] | ’cause he’s my future best bro. | 他是我未来最好的朋友 |
[08:21] | And once Scott meets me, | 斯克特认识我后 |
[08:22] | He’ll ditch Willie Ames and fly me to hollywood | 他会甩掉威廉·艾米斯 让我飞去好莱坞 |
[08:24] | So I never have to talk to you people again. | 这样我就不用再理你们了 |
[08:26] | This is bullcrap — just ’cause your crazy-hot mom is in charge, | 真是屁话 就因为你们超正点的妈妈管事 |
[08:28] | You guys both get dibs? | 你们就能先选吗 |
[08:30] | Please, mrs. Goldberg, pick me. | 求你了 金伯格太太 选我 |
[08:32] | I really need a win — so bad. | 我真的需要一次胜利 太需要了 |
[08:34] | – No, I want Scott’s – Mom, you have seen his poster | -我要斯克特的手 -妈 你看到我的房间 |
[08:36] | – hand in my hand. – in my room. | -在我的手中 -有他的海报 |
[08:36] | I bet my hands are cooler than yours if we held them together. | 我打赌牵手时我的手最清凉 |
[08:39] | – Mrs. Goldberg — – No, stop fighting. Stop fighting. | -金伯格太太 -别吵了 别吵了 |
[08:41] | I’ll sleep on it, okay? | 我会考虑的 好吗 |
[08:42] | I’ll sleep on it, all right? | 我会考虑的 好吗 |
[08:44] | But now I have to immediately leave — | 但现在我要立刻走人了 |
[08:46] | Not to call Scott Baio ’cause I’ve done it. | 不是打电话给斯克特·拜奥 因为打过了 |
[08:49] | All right, I just — I have to go and do a thing. | 我只是要离开做一件事 |
[08:52] | The dance was only a day away, | 还有一天就是舞会了 |
[08:53] | And I realized my plan was a dead end. | 我意识到我的计划是死路 |
[08:56] | Pops, I watched all the shows — | 老爷子 我看了所有的电视剧 |
[08:58] | two dates never works. | 脚踏两条船从来不行 |
[08:59] | Not even on “Cheers”? | 《干杯酒吧》里都不行吗 |
[09:00] | Cliff had a date with Carla and Diane to the postman’s ball. | 克利夫分别邀请卡拉和黛安参加邮差舞会 |
[09:03] | It was a total junk show. | 完全是场灾难 |
[09:05] | See, I’m not a fan of today’s comedy. | 我不太喜欢现在的喜剧 |
[09:07] | Now, “The honeymooners” — | 说到《蜜月期》 |
[09:09] | I don’t need a trip down memory lane. | 我不需要回忆过去 |
[09:10] | I need help, | 我需要帮助 |
[09:11] | And you said you pulled off the perfect brady bunch. | 你说你成功带过两位女士参加舞会 |
[09:14] | – How? – Actually, the women kind of invited me. | -怎么做到的 -其实是女士邀请的我 |
[09:17] | We’ve got some advice for you. | 我们给过你建议 |
[09:18] | Yeah, yeah, don’t be a moron. | 对 别做白痴 |
[09:20] | If you know the advice, why aren’t you following it? | 如果你知道建议 为什么不采纳 |
[09:22] | Don’t worry, kiddo. Pops always has a plan. | 别担心 孩子 老爷子总是有计划的 |
[09:25] | With my help, you’ll be the first kid | 在我的帮助下 你会是有史以来 |
[09:27] | In history to juggle two dates at a dance. | 第一个成功在舞会上脚踏两条船的孩子 |
[09:30] | Well, I did juggle three grapes at camp. | 我的确在露营时用三颗葡萄耍过杂耍 |
[09:32] | You know who’s not a moron? | 你知道谁不是白痴吗 |
[09:34] | You’re not a moron. | 你不是白痴 |
[09:35] | You’re not a moron. | 你不是白痴 |
[09:36] | You’re not a moron. | 你不是白痴 |
[09:38] | No. | 不 |
[09:39] | As pops was convincing me I could pull this off, | 老爷子说服我能成功时 |
[09:41] | Erica and Barry were ready to convince our mom | 爱丽卡和巴瑞准备好说服我妈 |
[09:44] | That they were worthy of Baio’s hand. | 他们值得牵拜奥的手 |
[09:46] | Erica, what’s going on? | 爱丽卡 出什么事了 |
[09:48] | Bad dream, mama. Can we do spoonies? | 噩梦 妈妈 可以抱抱吗 |
[09:50] | Oh, my god, spoonies? | 我的天 抱抱 |
[09:52] | Get on in the warm spot, girl. | 快进热被窝 姑娘 |
[09:57] | This is so nice. | 太舒服了 |
[09:59] | Speaking of, um, any thoughts about Scott Baio? | 说到这个 拜奥的事想好了吗 |
[10:03] | Uh, yeah, about that… | 关于这事 |
[10:04] | Knock, knock. | 有人吗 |
[10:05] | Who wants brekky in bed? | 谁想在床上吃早餐 |
[10:07] | You made mama breakfast? | 你给妈妈做了早餐吗 |
[10:09] | Nobody cares because I’m spending | 没人在乎 因为我要一整天 |
[10:10] | – The whole day with my favorite lady. – You are? | -和我最爱的女士在一起 -是吗 |
[10:13] | – Well, mom and I are spending the entire weekend together. – We are? | -妈和我要共度一个周末 -是吗 |
[10:16] | – Stop doing what you’re doing. – You stop. | -你快住手 -你住手 |
[10:18] | You’re only giving spoons | 你和她抱抱 |
[10:19] | So she’ll pick you to hold Baio’s hand. | 这样她会选你牵拜奥的手 |
[10:21] | Oh, and you’re not? What’s with the stupid sweater? | 你不要吗 这愚蠢的毛衣是怎么回事 |
[10:23] | My favorite sweater? | 我最爱的毛衣吗 |
[10:25] | Mommy made it for my 12th birthday. | 我12岁生日时妈咪织给我的 |
[10:27] | I feel so handsome, mommy. | 我觉得好帅 妈咪 |
[10:28] | You look so handsome, schmoofers. | 你看起来真帅 小乖乖 |
[10:30] | She’s the sun. | 她是太阳 |
[10:31] | – I’m the moon. – You’re the moon! | -我是月亮 -你是月亮 |
[10:33] | Okay, you want to go to war? Let’s go. | 你要开战吗 咱们来 |
[10:36] | Mommy, I want you to pick out a guy for me | 妈咪 我要你为我选一个男生 |
[10:39] | to date and marry. | 我会和他约会并结婚 |
[10:40] | – That is my dream. – No, no, no! Not so fast. | -这是我的梦想 -不 别急 |
[10:42] | I’ve been thinking about it, and I’m gonna let you | 我想过了 我会在婚礼上 |
[10:44] | Dance with me before I dance with my bride at my wedding. | 在和新娘跳舞前 先和你跳舞 |
[10:48] | That is also my dream, but I also get to wear white. | 这也是我的梦想 而且我还要穿白色 |
[10:50] | – That’s non-negotiable. – Yes! | -没得商量 -好的 |
[10:52] | I’m gonna have five kids, and I want you to babysit | 我会生五个孩子 我要你每晚照顾他们 |
[10:54] | Every night and tell me what to do. | 而且告诉我怎么做 |
[10:55] | You will live with me forever. | 你永远和我住在一起 |
[10:57] | I will build a mother suite off the master bedroom | 我在主人房外再建个母亲套房 |
[10:59] | Even if it severely damages my marriage. | 哪怕这严重危害我的婚姻 |
[11:02] | I’m out. It’s too rich for my blood. | 我不玩了 代价太大了 |
[11:04] | Yes! I win! | 太好了 我赢了 |
[11:05] | Oh, no, what have I done? | 不 我做了什么 |
[11:08] | Future Barry’s problem. | 未来巴瑞的问题 |
[11:10] | Despite herself, my mom loved her kids fighting over her. | 虽说不是故意 我妈却喜欢孩子们争夺她的宠爱 |
[11:13] | Just one problem — she was now pulling a classic | 只是有一个问题 她现在上演了 |
[11:15] | -Baio and switch and needed a way out. -Careful. | -“拜奥骗局” 需要出路 -小心 |
[11:20] | – We need to talk. – Whoa, not so fast. | -我们得谈谈 -别急 |
[11:22] | That was a non-sanctioned sit-down. | 这是未经批准的坐下 |
[11:24] | – On your feet. – Please, I need your help. | -站起来 -拜托 我需要你的帮助 |
[11:26] | This whole thing has gotten away from me. | 这件事已经失控了 |
[11:28] | No, no, coach has washed his hands of hands across america. | 携手美国的事 教练已经洗手不干了 |
[11:31] | Look, all I wanted was one photo op with my kids. | 我要的只是一次和孩子拍照的机会 |
[11:34] | Now they’re fighting over my love to get to Baio. | 现在他们在争夺我的爱 为了和拜奥牵手 |
[11:37] | That feather-haired man-boy is making all my dreams come true. | 那个蓬蓬头的小子让我所有的梦想成真了 |
[11:40] | That’s why we need to get him here instead of philly. | 所以要让他来这里 不去费城 |
[11:42] | Give up on your Baio dreams. | 放弃你的拜奥梦吧 |
[11:44] | – It ain’t happening. – It has to happen. | -不会发生的 -必须发生 |
[11:46] | I told the whole school he’s coming here. | 我告诉全校他会来 |
[11:48] | What? Why would you do that? | 什么 你为什么这样做 |
[11:49] | I thought I could work my yenta magic, | 我以为我可以靠三寸不烂舌搞定这事 |
[11:51] | But I’ve been calling for three days. | 但我打了三天电话了 |
[11:53] | – Baio’s people are icing me out. – Well, how the hell can I help? | -拜奥的人根本不理我 -我能帮什么忙 |
[11:55] | Come on, you must have at least one celebrity lead. | 拜托 你至少有一条名人路子吧 |
[11:58] | No, I’m a gym teacher. I rotate two pairs of shorts. | 我是体育老师 两条短裤轮流穿 |
[12:01] | Then I guess it’s over. | 那看来结束了 |
[12:03] | Unless you got out and you get yourself | 除非你去找一个 |
[12:05] | A celebrity that’s better than Baio. | 比拜奥更有名的名人 |
[12:07] | Better than Baio? Is that possible? | 比拜奥更有名 这可能吗 |
[12:09] | It is with one of my patented game-day pep talks. | 以下是我在比赛日鼓舞士气的专利演讲 |
[12:11] | Now, listen up. | 听好了 |
[12:12] | It’s the fourth quarter. You’re down by 1 point. | 第四节了 你们落后1分 |
[12:14] | Who’s gonna run the option and take it to the big house? | 谁来跑动进攻 将球攻入球门 |
[12:17] | Run the what? | 跑什么 |
[12:19] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:19] | It’s 11:00 P.M. | 晚上11点 |
[12:21] | You just got off a flight with your family. | 你和一家人刚下飞机 |
[12:22] | They’re crabby. They’re hungry. | 他们脾气暴躁 很饿 |
[12:23] | You look in the cupboard. | 你看向橱柜 |
[12:25] | Oh, all you got is one can of tuna. | 你只有一罐吞拿鱼 |
[12:27] | But it doesn’t matter ’cause there’s only one person | 但没关系 如果只有一个人 |
[12:30] | That can feed those babies tuna | 可以让孩子们吃吞拿鱼 |
[12:32] | And make sure they go to sleep with full tum-tums. | 确保他们吃得饱饱的睡觉 |
[12:35] | – Me! – You’re damn right it’s you. | -就是我 -对了 就是你 |
[12:37] | Now go out and get yourself the biggest celebrity | 现在快去 去找一个这个小镇 |
[12:39] | This god-forsaken town’s ever seen. | 从未见过的大牌名人 |
[12:44] | Sorry. My bad, little ones. | 抱歉 是我不好 小家伙们 |
[12:45] | You guys okay? | 你们还好吗 |
[12:46] | All right, let’s take a breather. | 好的 我们休息下 |
[12:47] | Who wants water? | 谁要喝水 |
[12:50] | That night, I was also on a mission — | 那一晚 我也有任务 |
[12:51] | Make a foolproof plan to bring two dates to the same dance. | 制定滴水不漏的计划 带两位舞伴参加舞会 |
[12:55] | All right, boys, let’s run this again. | 小伙子们 再来一次 |
[12:57] | What are we looking at? | 我们在看什么 |
[12:58] | The gym is 94×50 feet. | 体育馆是94X50平方英尺 |
[13:00] | That leave us with two large zones to keep the girls apart. | 有两个大区域可以让两个女生分开 |
[13:02] | Check. Let’s talk song list. | 搞定 看看歌曲清单 |
[13:05] | We’re looking at 16 songs lasting 2 hours and 6 minutes | 16首歌 时长2小时6分 |
[13:07] | Including “The time warp.” | 包括《时间扭曲》这首歌 |
[13:08] | Okay, let’s do a dry run. Adam. | 我们来演习 亚当 |
[13:11] | The terrordrome is our battlefield. | 飞船是我们的战场 |
[13:12] | I’m Michelangelo. | 我是米开朗基罗 |
[13:14] | Dana is princess Leia. | 戴娜是莉亚公主 |
[13:17] | Emmy’s the Hulk. | 艾米是绿巨人 |
[13:18] | Copy — song 1. | 收到 第一首歌 |
[13:19] | “Like a prayer,” Madonna. | 麦当娜的《宛如祈祷者》 |
[13:21] | Dana and I dance, then I say I got | 戴娜和我跳舞 然后我说 |
[13:23] | To hit the bathroom and run to Emmy. | 要去洗手间 就跑到艾米这里 |
[13:24] | Song 2. | 第二首歌 |
[13:25] | “Careless whisper,” Wham! | 威猛乐队的《无心快语》 |
[13:27] | I tell Emmy I’ll grab her punch | 我告诉艾米我帮她去拿潘趣酒 |
[13:29] | Then run back to Dana for a slow dance. | 然后跑回戴娜这里跳慢舞 |
[13:31] | I interrupt and pretend I lost my contact lens. | 我打断 假装我的隐形眼镜弄丢了 |
[13:34] | I leave to help Dave Kim then book it back to Emmy. | 我离开帮金戴夫 其实回艾米这里 |
[13:36] | See that? Working as a team together. | 看见没 团队合作 |
[13:40] | Trust me — this whole thing is wired. | 相信我 整个都安排好了 |
[13:45] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[13:46] | ‘sup, jerk? | 搞什么 混蛋 |
[13:47] | Balls. | 死定了 |
[13:47] | You didn’t know she was staying with me? | 你不知道她住在我家吗 |
[13:49] | Balls, balls. | 死定了 死定了 |
[13:50] | Hello, my name is Dave Kim. I lost my contact lens. | 你好 我是金戴夫 我的隐形眼镜不见了 |
[13:52] | Dana, can you help me find it | 戴娜 你能帮我 |
[13:53] | For 8 to 10 minutes out of earshot? | 在比较远的地方找上个8到10分钟吗 |
[13:55] | Not now, Dave Kim. It’s gone to hell. | 现在不是时候 金戴夫 我们完蛋了 |
[13:58] | We didn’t even make it out of the house. | 我们连家门都没出 |
[13:59] | – I know. – Two dates can’t be done. | -我知道 -一脚踏两脚注定失败 |
[14:02] | I know! | 我知道 |
[14:03] | Dude, he’s created a whole nerd world to plot against us. | 他还建了个呆子世界来密谋算计我们 |
[14:06] | This is super-creepy, Adam. | 这太诡异了 亚当 |
[14:07] | My god, did you make me the Hulk? | 我的天 我是绿巨人吗 |
[14:09] | Yes, but only ’cause I don’t like you when you’re angry. | 是 但只是因为我不喜欢你生气的样子 |
[14:12] | This is so scheming and disrespectful. | 太有心计 太不尊重人了 |
[14:14] | No, please, don’t start doubting my character. | 求你了 别开始质疑我的人格 |
[14:17] | – Group hug? – Ugh, just leave us alone, liar. | -团抱下好吗 -别烦我们 骗子 |
[14:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:23] | New advice — lay low. | 新建议 低调 |
[14:26] | Now that I can pull off. | 这个我可以做到 |
[14:27] | But that was impossible ’cause the next day, | 但这不可能 因为第二天 |
[14:29] | Literally everyone in the country | 全国差不多每一个人 |
[14:31] | Gathered for hands across america. | 都为携手美国聚在了一起 |
[14:33] | Adam, over here! It’s your mama. | 亚当 过来 是妈妈 |
[14:35] | So instead, I hid. | 所以 我躲了起来 |
[14:36] | Don’t ignore me. I’m regional captain. | 别无视我 我是地区队长 |
[14:38] | – I deserve respect. — No, no, no. | -要尊重我 -不不 |
[14:42] | I’m hiding in the shadows, okay? | 我躲在阴暗里 |
[14:43] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[14:44] | Today is the day that me and my kids | 今天我和我的孩子们 |
[14:46] | Finally get on the front page of the newspaper. | 终于能上报纸的头版了 |
[14:48] | All of us — no exceptions. | 我们所有人 一个都不能落下 |
[14:50] | Yes, I-I-I’ll hide with you people. | 好 我躲在你们旁边 |
[14:52] | Block my head with your enormous hair. | 用你蓬松的头发遮住我的头 |
[14:53] | I’m so nervous for Baio. | 要看到拜奥了我好紧张 |
[14:55] | My hands are super-sweaty but soft. | 我的手全是汗 但很柔软 |
[14:57] | I’ve been moisturizing all day. So where is he? | 我一天都在擦护手霜 他在哪里 |
[14:59] | – Yeah, where’s the Scottster anyway? – Oh, my god, no! | -斯克特在哪里 -我的天 不 |
[15:01] | You can’t lure Scott | 你不能用露肩的 |
[15:02] | With your off-the-shoulder crop top and short skirt. | 露脐装以及短裙来引诱斯克特 |
[15:05] | You really think I would use my young feminine form | 你真觉得我会用我年轻的女性外表 |
[15:07] | To get Scott Baio’s attention? | 来吸引斯克特·拜奥的注意吗 |
[15:09] | I do look good, though, right? | 我的确看起来不错 对吗 |
[15:10] | Uh, actually, I have some good news, bad news. | 我有好消息和坏消息 |
[15:13] | Uh, the bad news is Baio’s not coming. | 坏消息是拜奥不来了 |
[15:15] | – What? – You monster! | -什么 -你这个恶魔 |
[15:17] | No, stop it. | 不 别说了 |
[15:18] | I actually got a bigger celebrity. | 我请来了更大牌的名人 |
[15:21] | – Michael Jackson? – Rob Lowe? | -迈克尔·杰克逊 -罗伯·洛 |
[15:22] | Jermaine Jackson. | 杰曼·杰克逊 |
[15:24] | Better — I have the most famous person | 更好 我请来了费城历史上 |
[15:26] | In philadelphia history. | 最著名的人 |
[15:27] | Please give a warm hands across america welcome | 请携手美国热烈欢迎 |
[15:30] | To Ben Franklin. | 本·富兰克林 |
[15:31] | Good morrow, fellow colonists. | 早上好 各位殖民者 |
[15:33] | I am founding father, Benjamin Franklin. | 我是开国元勋 本杰明·富兰克林 |
[15:36] | Allow me to gaze upon you through my bifocals, | 请允许我通过远近视眼镜看你们 |
[15:39] | Which I invented in 1784. | 这是我1784年发明的 |
[15:41] | – Why is this thing still talking? – Ooh, the paper’s here. | -为什么这个东西还在说话 -报社来了 |
[15:43] | Okay, everybody hold hands and sing. | 大家牵手唱歌 |
[15:46] | Bev, I don’t think the rest of the country is ready just yet. | 贝弗 我想全国其他地方还没准备好 |
[15:49] | You never even had Scott Baio, did you? | 你根本没请到斯克特·拜奥 对吗 |
[15:50] | No time to talk. | 没时间说这个 |
[15:51] | All right, Adam, stop hiding in my hair. | 亚当 别躲在我的头发后面 |
[15:54] | Emmy, Dana, come and hold hands and take a picture. | 艾米 戴娜 过来牵手拍照 |
[15:57] | – We’d rather not. – They’d really rather not. | -我们不想 -她们真的不想 |
[15:59] | Okay, well, it’s not a choice. | 没得选 |
[16:00] | Every hand not held is another homeless family. | 没有牵手的 就是流浪汉之家 |
[16:03] | – I don’t think — – okay, just do it, just do it. | -我觉得不… -快来快来 |
[16:05] | Photographers! | 摄影师 |
[16:06] | Smile, smile. Teeth, teeth. | 笑笑 露牙 |
[16:08] | I’d like to, but they’re crushing my bones | 我也想笑 但她们强壮的女生手 |
[16:09] | With their strong lady hands. | 快捏碎我的骨头了 |
[16:10] | Mine too. I’m just a pawn! | 我也是 我只是棋子而已 |
[16:16] | This is a nightmare! | 这是噩梦 |
[16:17] | How are they stronger than us? | 她们为什么劲比我们还大 |
[16:20] | The moment had come. | 重要时刻到了 |
[16:21] | It was finally time to hold hands across america. | 是时候整个美国携手起来 |
[16:24] | Boys, quick! Grab mommy’s hands! | 儿子们 快 牵着妈妈的手 |
[16:26] | Holy crap, it’s happening. | 我的天 开始了 |
[16:27] | Okay. Come on, you guys. | 好了 你们 |
[16:29] | You’ve got to hold my hand. | 你们得牵着我的手 |
[16:30] | Hold my hand, damn it. | 牵着我的手 见鬼 |
[16:31] | No way. You lied to us. | 不可能 你骗了我们 |
[16:33] | Beverly, what are you doing? | 贝弗莉 你在做什么 |
[16:35] | Come on, it’s time. Hold hands. | 快来 时间到了 快牵手 |
[16:36] | Kids, do it. | 孩子们 快牵手 |
[16:38] | – Never. – Hold my hands. | -别想 -牵我的手 |
[16:39] | We will hold no hands. | 我们不会牵手的 |
[16:41] | What is wrong with you people?! | 你们是怎么了 |
[16:42] | – Please! – No way. | -求你们了 -别想 |
[16:43] | This is for the homeless! | 这是为了流浪汉 |
[16:45] | Hold my hands. | 牵着我的手 |
[16:46] | – No way. – Hold hands! | -不可能 -快牵手 |
[16:47] | Please, just hold my hands. | 求你们了 牵着我的手 |
[16:49] | – Never. – No way. | -别想 -不可能 |
[16:50] | – Hold hands! – I shall hold your hand. | -牵手 -我来牵你的手 |
[16:52] | Oh off, Ben Franklin. | 滚 本·富兰克林 |
[16:54] | Mom, no! Back off, mom. | 妈 不 走开 妈 |
[16:56] | I’m not holding your hand. | 我不会牵你的手 |
[16:59] | No, no, don’t put that in the paper. | 不 这个别登报 |
[17:00] | It’s gonna look like the Goldbergs broke hands across america. | 像起来像是金伯格不携手美国 |
[17:03] | Goldbergs — got it. | 金伯格 知道了 |
[17:06] | oh, that’s a keeper. | 这张不错 |
[17:07] | And so, hands across america was single-handedly a bust. | 于是携手美国就这样被”一只手”搞砸了 |
[17:11] | All I wanted was one nice photo for the wall. | 我只想要一张可以挂在墙上的好照片 |
[17:15] | That’s all I ever wanted. | 我就想要这个 |
[17:18] | No. | 不 |
[17:19] | No, you’re the one who lied. | 不 你才是说谎的人 |
[17:21] | You can’t make us feel bad about this. | 你不能让我们感到内疚 |
[17:23] | As my mom’s spirit was crushed, so were my hands. | 我妈的精神被摧毁时 我的手也一样 |
[17:27] | How you holding up? | 你还好吗 |
[17:29] | Well, I’ve got no girlfriend, no best friend, | 我没女友 没好友 |
[17:31] | And no feeling in both hands, so not good. | 双手没感觉 不太好 |
[17:35] | You know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想吗 |
[17:36] | Yes, I’m a moron. I get it. | 我是白痴 我知道的 |
[17:39] | No, I don’t think you do. | 我想你不知道 |
[17:41] | When I say, “Don’t be a moron,” It really means something. | 我说”别做个白痴”时 其实是真有意义的 |
[17:45] | You mean beyond just being rude and insulting? | 你是说粗鲁和侮辱之外吗 |
[17:48] | Yeah, that’s just part of it. | 这只是其中之一 |
[17:49] | But it’s my way of saying be honest, be a good person. | 其实我是说要诚实 做个好人 |
[17:54] | It’s how I live my life, and you know what? | 我就是这样生活的 你知道吗 |
[17:57] | It works. | 行得通 |
[17:58] | So, how do I make it up to Emmy and Dana? | 我怎么补偿艾米和戴娜 |
[18:02] | That’s easy. | 很简单 |
[18:04] | Don’t be a moron. | 别做个白痴 |
[18:07] | After years of getting advice on girls from pops, | 在女生方面 听取了数年老爷子的建议后 |
[18:10] | I learned my dad had some wisdom to offer after all. | 我明白原来我爸也可以说出睿智的话 |
[18:13] | what the hell are you doing, weirdo? | 你在做什么 怪人 |
[18:15] | I’m cordially and blatantly inviting you both to the dance. | 我真诚地公开地邀请你们参加舞会 |
[18:18] | you can’t be serious. | 你不是说真的吧 |
[18:19] | look, i screwed up, but you have to believe me | 我是做错了 但你们必须相信我 |
[18:23] | All I wanted was to make both of you feel special. | 我只想让你们感觉自己很特别 |
[18:25] | Emmy, you’ve been my best friend since second grade. | 艾米 从二年级开始 你就是我最好的朋友 |
[18:29] | I just couldn’t bear to see you so sad. | 我没办法看你这么伤心 |
[18:31] | And, Dana, the last thing I’d ever want to do is | 戴娜 我最不想做的事 |
[18:34] | To hurt the girl I love more than anything in this world. | 就是伤害我在这世上最爱的女生 |
[18:37] | Point is I’m a moron. | 我想说 我是个白痴 |
[18:42] | We’ll got get dressed. | 我们去换衣服 |
[18:43] | as it turns out, the best plan of all was honesty. | 原来 最好的办法就是诚实 |
[18:46] | and because of that, I was able to do what Alex p. Keaton, | 正因如此 我可以做到亚历克斯·P·基顿 |
[18:49] | Jack Tripper, and Peter Brady never could… | 杰克·崔普 皮特·布雷迪没做到的 |
[18:53] | …Take two girls to the same dance. | 带两个女生参加一场舞会 |
[18:56] | and not just any girls… | 而且不是一般女生 |
[18:57] | …The most important ones in my life. | 是我生命中最重要的两位 |
[19:00] | and it was a night I always remember. | 那是我终生难忘的一晚 |
[19:08] | Crying at “Zapped!” That’s a first. | 看《脸红心跳》哭 从来没有过吧 |
[19:10] | No, I just — I feel bad. | 不 我只是 我很难过 |
[19:15] | I’m a bad mama. | 我是个坏妈妈 |
[19:16] | I don’t think any of us were at our best. | 我想我们的表现都不好 |
[19:19] | which actually worked in our favor. | 却歪打正着了 |
[19:23] | this…is | 这个 |
[19:25] | not what I meant at all. | 完全不是我的本意 |
[19:27] | I know we’re not actually holding hands, | 我知道我们没有牵手 |
[19:29] | But if this picture isn’t us, | 但如果这张照片不能代表我们 |
[19:31] | I don’t know what is. | 我不知道什么还能 |
[19:32] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[19:35] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[19:37] | That’s the thing about the people you love. | 你爱的人就是这样 |
[19:39] | it’s not always picture-perfect. | 照片并不总是完美的 |
[19:41] | Sometimes you have to live in the moment and take it all in. | 有时候你得活在当下 用心接受 |
[19:44] | but side-by-side, hand-in-hand… | 肩并肩 手牵手 |
[19:47] | …You’ll find it’s pretty great. | 你会发现非常美好 |
[19:49] | and sure, you may make a lot of mistakes along the way. | 当然 一路走来你可能会犯下很多错误 |
[19:52] | Growing up is a tricky dance, | 成长是高难度的舞蹈 |
[19:54] | But occasionally, you find your groove. | 但偶尔 你会找到你的最佳状态 |
[19:56] | last dance of the night. | 今晚最后一支舞 |
[19:58] | Have fun, dorks. | 玩得开心 呆子们 |
[19:59] | Actually I don’t think you should take off just yet. | 其实你不用现在就走 |
[20:02] | I talked to Adam Abel. | 我跟亚当·艾贝尔谈过了 |
[20:05] | I’m gonna kill you. | 我要杀了你 |
[20:06] | – He saved you a dance. – I love you. | -他为你留了一支舞 -我爱你 |
[20:31] | I don’t understand how we all got the flu. | 我不知道为什么我们都感冒了 |
[20:33] | I told you, with all that hand holding, | 我说过了 这么多人牵手 |
[20:35] | you’d catch a bug. | 会感染细菌的 |
[20:36] | Will you stop saying that. It’s not even how it works. | 你别这样说了好吗 根本不是这样的 |
[20:38] | Sounds like we may have a special visitor. | 听起来我们有了特别访客 |
[20:42] | What, did Scott Baio’s people finally get back to you? | 斯克特·拜奥的人回复你了吗 |
[20:44] | No, but, | 不 但是 |
[20:46] | I still have Ben Franklin rented for an hour. | 我还有本·富兰克林的一小时租用时间 |
[20:50] | Good morrow, sick children. | 早上好 生病的孩子们 |
[20:53] | As I so famously said in 1780-something, | 我在1780年左右有句名言 |
[20:56] | an apple a day keeps the doctor– | 一天一苹果 不用找医生 |
[20:58] | – No! – Not again. | -不 -又来 |
[20:59] | I hate this president. | 我讨厌这个总统 |