时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Ah, restaurants of the ’80s. | 八十年代的餐厅啊 |
[00:02] | Back then, dining out with your family | 当年和家人们出去吃饭 |
[00:04] | was the highlight of the week, | 是一周最精彩的时光 |
[00:05] | unless, of course, you came from a loud family | 当然 除非你家人都是大嗓门 |
[00:07] | with no sense of boundaries — | 还不尊重个人界限 |
[00:08] | a family like mine. | 就像我家人这样 |
[00:11] | I can’t believe you’re really here. | 我不敢相信你真的来了 |
[00:12] | So, you’re not mad that I surprised you at college? | 这么说你不气我来你大学给你惊喜 |
[00:14] | I mean, I know you hate that kind of thing. | 我知道你不喜欢这种行为 |
[00:16] | Geoff, you being here is the perfect gift, really. | 杰夫 你能来是最完美的礼物 真的 |
[00:19] | But you know what’s an even better gift | 但你知道比我们二人为你庆生 |
[00:21] | than just the two of us celebrating your birthday? | 更棒的礼物是什么吗 |
[00:24] | Surprise! | 大惊喜 |
[00:27] | Wait, it’s your birthday? | 等等 今天是你生日 |
[00:28] | You all told me we were coming here | 你们都告诉我我们来这 |
[00:29] | so I could be scouted by the Washington Bullets! | 是为了让我被华盛顿子弹队的探子发掘 |
[00:31] | Oh, my God! You invited my whole family! | 我的天 你邀请了我全家 |
[00:35] | To dinner. In public. | 来吃晚饭 在公共场合 |
[00:37] | Why? How?! | 为什么 怎么会 |
[00:38] | We all drove down together. | 我们一起开车来的 |
[00:39] | Murray made me pump gas. | 默里逼我给车加油 |
[00:41] | Nobody rides for free. | 没人能免费蹭车 |
[00:42] | Do you mind giving me a sec with my special guy | 你们介意我和我的真命天子单独聊两句 |
[00:45] | so that I can thank him properly? | 好让我好好谢谢他吗 |
[00:46] | Hurry back. Our table’s almost ready. | 快点回来 就快有我们的座位了 |
[00:48] | Hi, can you grab our menus? We’re ready to sit. | 把菜单拿来好吗 我们准备好入席了 |
[00:51] | I’m sorry. There’s a few parties ahead of you. | 很抱歉 你们前面还有几桌 |
[00:53] | I’m hungry, Bevy. What’s the girl saying? | 我饿了 贝弗 那姑娘怎么说的 |
[00:55] | The girl’s saying there’s people ahead of us, | 这姑娘说我们前面还有人 |
[00:56] | but I’m just gonna noodge her until she gives in. | 但我会逼她就范的 |
[00:58] | It’ll just be a few more minutes, ma’am. | 再多等几分钟就好了 女士 |
[01:00] | What do you mean “A few more minutes”? | “再多等几分钟”是什么意思 |
[01:01] | That table just sat down | 刚坐下的那桌人 |
[01:02] | and they arrived five minutes after us. | 比我们还晚来了五分钟 |
[01:04] | Ma’am, I understand, | 女士 我理解 |
[01:05] | but there was a two-top ready. | 但刚好有两人桌空出来了 |
[01:06] | So just because I decide to build a life around my family, | 所以就因为我要照顾全家人周全 |
[01:09] | I’m suddenly to blame? | 突然就成我不好了 |
[01:10] | I’m starving, Bevy. | 我饿死了 贝弗 |
[01:11] | Here’s the thing — my husband’s blood sugar is in free fall. | 是这样的 我老公的血糖正一落千丈 |
[01:14] | We’re on borrowed time. | 我们时间不多了 |
[01:16] | Bevy, I’m starving! | 贝弗 我饿死了 |
[01:17] | Hear that? He’s starving. | 听到了吗 他饿死了 |
[01:18] | How could you? My family, Geoff, my family? | 你怎么能 我家人 杰夫 我家人 |
[01:21] | Um, yeah? Am I missing something here? | 怎么了 我不懂你这是怎么了 |
[01:22] | – It’s just dinner. – At a restaurant? | -不过是吃晚餐 -在餐厅吃 |
[01:24] | I-It’s the worst humiliation known to man. | 这是人类能面临的最大的屈辱 |
[01:26] | Their most terrible qualities are magnified by a thousand. | 他们最糟糕的一面将以数千倍放大 |
[01:29] | You don’t even understand | 你根本不知道 |
[01:30] | the events that you’ve set into motion. | 由你而起的这顿饭将多可怕 |
[01:32] | Leave right now, or this relationship is over. | 现在就走吧 否则咱俩就玩完了 |
[01:35] | You’re gonna break up with me over a dinner | 因为在查理牛排吃顿晚餐 |
[01:36] | at Beefsteak Charlie’s? | 你就要甩了我 |
[01:37] | No! You’re gonna break up with me. | 不 是你会甩了我 |
[01:39] | You’re never gonna want to stay | 在见识过今晚的恐怖景象后 |
[01:40] | after the horrors you see tonight. | 你肯定不会要我了 |
[01:41] | Bevy, this isn’t good. I’m getting shaky hungry. | 贝弗 情况不妙 我饿得发抖了 |
[01:44] | If I don’t eat soon, I’m gonna have to lie down. | 如果我不赶快坐下 我就要躺下了 |
[01:46] | I’ll get you a roll, Murray. | 我拿个面包给你 默里 |
[01:47] | Ma! Dad’s lying on people again. | 妈 爸又躺别人身上了 |
[01:49] | All right, either get us a table | 好吧 要么让我们入席 |
[01:50] | or give this man a hot buttered roll. | 要么给他拿个热乎的黄油面包 |
[01:52] | – No pumpernickel. – He says, “No pumpernickel.” | -不要裸麦的 -他说”不要裸麦的” |
[01:55] | For the love of God, no pumpernickel! | 看在老天份上 不要裸麦的 |
[01:56] | Geoff, look at me. | 杰夫 看着我 |
[01:58] | Whatever happens tonight, I need you to know | 无论今晚发生什么 我需要你知道 |
[02:00] | that I love you with all of my heart. | 我全心全意地爱你 |
[02:01] | I’m getting scared, Erica. What’s gonna happen? | 我开始害怕了 爱丽卡 会发生什么 |
[02:03] | I’ll tell you what’s gonna happen. | 我告诉你会发生什么 |
[02:05] | Dinner with the Goldbergs. | 与金伯格一家共进晚餐 |
[02:10] | Every dinner at a restaurant | 在每家餐厅吃晚餐 |
[02:12] | begins with being seated at a table. | 都是从入席开始的 |
[02:14] | But for my picky family, | 但对我挑三拣四的家人而言 |
[02:15] | no table was good enough. | 哪桌都不够好 |
[02:16] | Here we are, folks. | 就是这桌 各位 |
[02:18] | I’m sorry, I-I don’t mean to be a nudge, | 抱歉 我不想太烦人 |
[02:20] | but this table is garbage. | 但这张桌就是垃圾 |
[02:22] | I mean, look, it’s right next to the kitchen. | 你瞧 就在厨房旁边 |
[02:24] | No worries. Right this way. | 别担心 这边请 |
[02:25] | And so this embarrassing display always happened. | 于是这丢人的一幕总是发生 |
[02:28] | This one’s right under the air-conditioner. | 这张桌正对着空调 |
[02:31] | We want dinner, not pneumonia. | 我们要的是晚餐 不是肺炎 |
[02:33] | I-I can’t eat here. There’s an echo. | 我不能在这吃饭 这里有回音 |
[02:35] | Do you hear it? | 你听到了吗 |
[02:37] | We can’t do a booth. My husband has a bad back. | 我们不能做沙发座 我老公后背不好 |
[02:39] | He’s got to sit in a chair like a human being. | 他得像正常人一样座椅子 |
[02:42] | This is way too close to the bathroom. | 这里离卫生间太近了 |
[02:43] | It has a wobble. | 这张桌会晃 |
[02:45] | Hello? | 你好 |
[02:48] | There’s an echo. | 这里有回音 |
[02:49] | This just has a bad vibe. | 这张桌让我浑身不舒服 |
[02:54] | Every meal with the Goldbergs began the same. | 金伯格一家吃饭每次都有相同的开场 |
[02:56] | First, my dad would ravenously attack the bread basket, | 首先 我爸会贪得无厌地吃面包 |
[02:59] | followed by this classic Mom response… | 我妈的经典回复紧跟其后 |
[03:01] | No, Murray, no. One roll for you only. | 不行 默里 你只能吃一个面包 |
[03:03] | The same goes for the rest of you. | 你们也是 |
[03:05] | I will not have you filling up on bread. | 你们吃面包就吃饱了可不行 |
[03:07] | What’s with your mom and the rolls? | 你妈怎么对面包这么严格 |
[03:08] | Her worst fear in life is that we’ll fill up on bread, | 她一生最大的恐惧就是我们吃面包吃太饱 |
[03:10] | but she also can’t let anything go to waste, | 但同时她也不能浪费任何食物 |
[03:12] | so that’s where her food purse comes in. | 于是食物包上场了 |
[03:14] | Food what now? | 食物啥 |
[03:15] | It’s a bottomless purse lined with foil. | 是个有箔层的无底洞 |
[03:18] | We need some more rolls. | 再给我们拿点面包 |
[03:19] | Oh, I’m not your waiter, but I’ll tell him. | 我不是你们的服务员 但我会转告他的 |
[03:20] | Wait! It says “Free refills.” | 等等 菜单上说”免费续杯” |
[03:22] | I’ll have a Sprite. | 给我来杯雪碧 |
[03:23] | Oh, again, I’m not your waiter, | 再说声我不是你们的服务员 |
[03:25] | but, uh, I’ll let him know. | 但我会转告他的 |
[03:26] | This family now has a bottomless soda. | 现在一家人都能随便喝汽水了 |
[03:29] | We’re beating the system. | 我们找到漏洞了 |
[03:31] | Next, Barry would have his traditional middle-child | 接下来 因为左撇子带来的不便 |
[03:34] | meltdown over the struggles of being left-handed. | 巴瑞的老二综合征一如既往发作 |
[03:36] | – Damn it, Geoff, stop! – What? | -该死 杰夫 住手 -怎么了 |
[03:38] | You’re mashing your dominant hand into mine. | 你的惯用手撞到我的了 |
[03:40] | I can’t eat like this. | 这叫我怎么吃 |
[03:42] | Ignore him. Barry just acts like a big baby | 别理他 巴瑞不过因为是左撇子 |
[03:44] | – because he’s a lefty. – You don’t know the pain of the southpaw. | -就闹小孩脾气 -左撇子的苦你不懂 |
[03:47] | I feel like a left-handed prisoner of war. | 我觉得我就像个左撇子战俘 |
[03:49] | Geoff, switch with me. | 杰夫 和我换位置 |
[03:51] | Enough. You’re sitting where you’re sitting. | 够了 不许你们换座位 |
[03:53] | It’s a cheddar biscuit. | 是个芝士饼干 |
[03:56] | No, Murray, no! | 不行 默里 不行 |
[03:59] | It was now decision-making time. | 到了做决定的时间了 |
[04:02] | And for my dad, the only choice was how to save money. | 对我爸而言 唯一的选择就是省钱 |
[04:05] | Okay, it’s time for Murray’s menu rules. | 好了 又到默里讲点菜规矩的时间了 |
[04:09] | Remember, no prime cuts, | 要记住 不许点上等肉 |
[04:11] | no fancy sides, | 不许点高级配菜 |
[04:13] | no out-of-season vegetables, | 不许点非时令蔬菜 |
[04:15] | no market price, | 不许点市价菜 |
[04:16] | no salad bar, | 不许吃沙拉 |
[04:18] | no items in French, | 不许点法国菜 |
[04:19] | no dry-aged anything, and, most importantly… | 不许点风干肉 最重要的是 |
[04:23] | No appetizers of any kind, | 不许点任何开胃菜 |
[04:25] | ’cause that’s how they screw ya. | 因为他们就是靠这个圈钱的 |
[04:26] | Does that include a nice soup? | 汤也包括在内吗 |
[04:29] | Are you for real? Is he for real? | 你是认真的吗 他是认真的吗 |
[04:31] | You’re gonna eat a little meal before you eat a big meal? | 在吃大餐前你还要来顿小餐 |
[04:33] | – How many meals do you need? – Dad, stop it. | -你要吃几餐才够 -爸 够了 |
[04:35] | If Geoff wants a cup of soup, let him get a cup of soup. | 如果杰夫想要份汤 就让他来份汤 |
[04:38] | I don’t need the soup. I-I’m sorry I even brought it up. | 我不需要汤 我很抱歉提起这茬 |
[04:40] | You know what? I don’t trust anyone. Hand me your spoons. | 我不信任任何人 把勺子都给我 |
[04:42] | Murray, it’s a special night. | 默里 今晚是特殊的日子 |
[04:43] | Let the kids order whatever they want. | 孩子们想点什么就让他们点吧 |
[04:45] | Yes! I’m gonna get the porterhouse! | 太棒了 我要点腰肉牛排 |
[04:47] | Everyone but you. | 除了你 |
[04:48] | Excuse me, waiter? | 不好意思 服务员 |
[04:50] | Can we have a children’s menu for my baby? | 给我宝贝拿份儿童菜单好吗 |
[04:52] | Oh, again, I’m not your waiter, | 再说一次 我不是你们的服务员 |
[04:53] | but, uh, I’ll let him know. | 但我会转告他的 |
[04:55] | Mom, that menu is specifically for kids 8 and under. | 妈 那份菜单是八岁及以下儿童用的 |
[04:58] | I’m in high school now. No one’s gonna buy this act anymore. | 我都读高中了 骗不到任何人的 |
[05:01] | Hey, moron, I’m not paying for you to get a steak | 白痴 我才不会花钱给你买牛排 |
[05:03] | – and eat three bites. – Daddy’s right. | -而你只吃三口 -你爸说得对 |
[05:05] | You may be a big boy, | 你或许是个大男孩了 |
[05:06] | but you’ve still got a little-boy belly. | 但你的胃口还是小男孩的 |
[05:08] | Here you go, buckaroo. And here’s a cup with a lid. | 给你 小牛仔 还有袋盖的杯子 |
[05:11] | Thanks. I know it’s an octopus, | 谢谢 我知道这是只章鱼 |
[05:13] | but I’m gonna connect the dots anyway. | 但我还是把点都连起来吧 |
[05:14] | – I’m sorry. – Stop apologizing. | -真抱歉 -别再道歉了 |
[05:16] | – We’re fine. – Fine? | -我们没事 -没事 |
[05:17] | We haven’t even begun, Geoff. | 我们这还没开始呢 杰夫 |
[05:19] | – We haven’t? – Not at all. | -还没开始 -完全没有 |
[05:21] | Because after we sit, we order. | 因为在入席后 就要点菜了 |
[05:25] | – Waiter, we’re ready to order. – Gotcha. | -服务员 我们可以点菜了 -知道了 |
[05:28] | I mean… I’m not your waiter, but, uh, I’ll just take it. | 我不是你们的服务员 但就让我来吧 |
[05:31] | Great. My husband here will have — | 很好 我老公要… |
[05:33] | What’s with you always ordering for me? | 你怎么总替我点菜 |
[05:35] | – I know what you like. – And I don’t? | -我知道你喜欢什么 -我就不知道吗 |
[05:36] | I’ll order my own damn meal, thank you. | 我的菜我自己点 谢谢您了 |
[05:39] | I’ll have the, uh… | 我来份… |
[05:40] | Whenever it came time to order, my dad had this crazy glitch | 每当点菜时 我爸大脑就程序出错 |
[05:43] | where he would immediately forget what he liked or wanted. | 立即忘记他喜欢什么想吃什么 |
[05:45] | Ah, come back to me. | 我一会再点 |
[05:47] | My grandfather also had his own way of ordering… | 我外公也有他自己的点菜方式 |
[05:48] | – Excuse me. – …befriending anyone within a 10-table radius. | -打扰一下 -与方圆十桌的人交朋结友 |
[05:52] | What’s that golden hunk of meat you’re enjoying there? | 您在享用的那块金黄色肉排是什么 |
[05:54] | – It’s a pork chop. – Is it good? | -是猪排 -好吃吗 |
[05:56] | – Very. – I’m not in the mood for trafe. | -很好吃 -可我是犹太人 |
[05:58] | W-what about your handsome friend? | 您的帅哥朋友呢 |
[06:00] | What are you working with? I-is that some kind of pilaf? | 您吃的是什么 是肉饭吗 |
[06:02] | – I-it’s wild rice. – You go, Adam. | -是菰米 -你点吧 亚当 |
[06:05] | I got a feeling these people have a story to tell. | 我感觉他们是有故事的小同学 |
[06:07] | I’ll have the Li’l Wrangler dog and applesauce. | 我要小热狗和苹果泥 |
[06:12] | Sorry, children’s menu is 8 and under. | 抱歉 儿童菜单仅供八岁及以下儿童 |
[06:14] | He is 8 and under. | 他就是八岁及以下 |
[06:15] | Yes, I’m this much. | 是的 我今年这么大了 |
[06:17] | All right, Wrangler dog it is. | 那好 给你来份小热狗 |
[06:19] | – And what can I get you? – And then there was Barry. | -您要些什么 -然后到巴瑞了 |
[06:22] | Without fail, he’d always order the wrong thing. | 屡试不爽 总点不该点的 |
[06:24] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[06:25] | I think I’m gonna have a nice piece of fish. | 我想点条鱼吃 |
[06:27] | No, stop right there. | 不行 给我打住 |
[06:29] | This is Beefsteak Charlie’s. Steak is in the name. | 这里是查理牛排 店名里就有牛排 |
[06:32] | That means no fish. | 那意味着不能点鱼 |
[06:33] | – How is your steamed trout? – It’s not great. | -你们的蒸鳟鱼怎么样 -不怎么样 |
[06:36] | Heard ya loud and clear. Trout me. | 我非常清楚了 来份鳟鱼 |
[06:38] | Dude, no. Don’t do this. | 哥们 别 别这样 |
[06:39] | Well, since you’ve all been such jerks, | 既然你们都这么混蛋 |
[06:41] | I won’t be sharing my delicious trout with any of you. | 我不会跟你们任何人分享我美味的鳟鱼 |
[06:44] | And with Barry’s stubborn defiance | 巴瑞顽固地反抗后 |
[06:45] | came my chance to stage my own revolt. | 我上演起义的时机也到了 |
[06:47] | Done! I was right. | 好了 我猜对了 |
[06:50] | It’s an octopus with a lasso, | 是只拿着套索的章鱼 |
[06:51] | but my childhood ends here. | 但我的童年到此为止 |
[06:53] | Garcon, bring me the biggest steak you’ve got. | 侍者 给我来份你们最大的牛排 |
[06:55] | No, Adam, no! | 不 亚当 不行 |
[06:56] | Your tummy can’t handle that big-boy food. | 你的小肚肚应付不来大男孩的食物 |
[06:58] | It’ll destroy your insides and tushie. | 这会毁掉你的肠胃和屁屁的 |
[07:00] | I’m taking a stand. I’m a grown-ass man. | 爷立场坚决 爷已经长大了 |
[07:03] | And I demand my big, honkin’ meats. | 爷坚决要吃大块肉 |
[07:05] | Fine, but if you don’t finish it, so help me God! | 那好 但如果你吃不完 我向老天发誓 |
[07:07] | – Ready now, sir? – I’ll have the “Come back to me.” | -您可以点餐了吗 -我要”一会再点” |
[07:09] | And what can… Uh, sir? Uh, how about you? | 那您… 先生 您要什么 |
[07:12] | Hold on. I’m talking to Donald and Vicki over here | 等等 我在跟唐纳德和维姬 |
[07:15] | about their potato. | 聊他们的土豆 |
[07:17] | Okay, you know what? I will just go. | 好吧 这样吧 我来点 |
[07:18] | I will have the rib eye and a side of cornbread. | 我要肋眼牛排 配菜要玉米面包 |
[07:20] | Geoff, order. | 杰夫 点菜 |
[07:25] | Just, um…s-some soup. | 我 我来份汤 |
[07:28] | – I’m sorry. What’s that? – S-Soup. | -抱歉 您说什么 -汤 |
[07:30] | – I can’t make out what you’re saying. – Soup? | -我听不清您说的是什么 -汤 |
[07:31] | A-are you saying “snook”? | 您是说”糖”吗 |
[07:32] | Soup. He’ll have the soup, French onion, | 汤 他要汤 法式洋葱汤 |
[07:34] | a bowl, not a cup. Deal with it. | 用碗不用杯装 受着吧你 |
[07:35] | Are you trying to ruin the entire night? | 你想毁了这个晚上吗 |
[07:38] | And, uh, what else can I get for you? | 您还要来些什么 |
[07:39] | No, that’s-that’s it. Just-just the soup. | 没了 就这些 我只要汤 |
[07:41] | – Decided yet? – I finally got it. | -准备好了吗 -我终于决定了 |
[07:44] | Ah, damn it! Come back to me! | 该死的 我一会再点 |
[07:46] | Okay, ma’am? | 好吧 女士 |
[07:47] | Okay, write this down very carefully. | 好的 你要仔细记好 |
[07:49] | I would like the sirloin, medium-plus, | 我要牛里脊 五分熟过一点 |
[07:51] | with garlic butter sauce on the side. | 蒜蓉奶油酱单放 |
[07:54] | I would like the vegetable medley, | 我要什锦蔬菜 |
[07:55] | but instead of asparagus, | 但不要芦笋 |
[07:57] | I would like six pieces of shrimp. | 给我换成六只虾 |
[07:59] | We don’t substitute shrimp for vegetables. | 我们不能用虾换蔬菜 |
[08:05] | That changes everything. | 那我要重新考虑了 |
[08:07] | My God, here we go. | 我的天 开始了 |
[08:08] | – What’s wrong now? – It takes my mom 10 minutes to order. | -又怎么了 -我妈点菜要点十分钟 |
[08:11] | To her, the menu is just a vague suggestion. | 在她眼里菜单不过是份大致参考 |
[08:13] | I would like the hanger steak, Pittsburgh style, | 我要腹肉牛排 匹兹堡风味 |
[08:16] | but instead of Béarnaise sauce, I would like crab cakes. | 但班尼斯酱要换成蟹饼 |
[08:19] | We also don’t swap out sauces for actual food. | 我们也不能用酱汁换食物 |
[08:23] | Okay, got a whole lot of rules that don’t make any sense. | 好吧 怎么有这么多不合理的规矩 |
[08:25] | All right, here’s what we’re gonna do. | 那好 那这样 |
[08:27] | I would like the sirloin, medium-plus, | 我要牛里脊 五分熟过一点 |
[08:29] | with garlic butter sauce on the side. | 蒜蓉奶油酱单放 |
[08:31] | Okay, let’s start over. | 好吧 重新点 |
[08:32] | I would like a baked potato with sour cream and chives, | 我要烤土豆配酸奶油和香葱 |
[08:35] | but extra sour cream on the side. | 加量酸奶油单放 |
[08:37] | I would like a petit filet — a large petit filet — | 我要块小菲力牛排 大的小菲力 |
[08:41] | red peppers and beans | 红辣椒和豆子 |
[08:43] | and asparagus and creamed spinach | 芦笋和奶油菠菜 |
[08:45] | and add the horseradish on the side. | 单加山葵 |
[08:47] | I’m not, like, starving, | 我也不是特别饿 |
[08:49] | so cut the potato in half and put half of it to go. | 所以把土豆切两半 一半打包 |
[08:54] | …and all the mushrooms you have. | 和你这里所有的蘑菇 |
[08:56] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[08:58] | You, sir, you look like you’re ready to order. | 您 先生 看起来您准备好点菜了 |
[09:00] | Please come back to me. | 求一会再点 |
[09:01] | There’s no one left! Just pick your meat already! | 别人都点完了 快点选菜吧 |
[09:04] | Why don’t I just come back in a few minutes and — | 不如我过几分钟再过来… |
[09:05] | No, we’re too far in. | 不行 不能回头了 |
[09:07] | He’ll have the T-bone, a little pink inside. | 他要T骨牛排 里面还有点粉嫩的 |
[09:09] | Oh, yeah. That is what I like. | 没错 正是我喜欢的 |
[09:11] | – All right. – I almost forgot. | -那好 -我差点忘了 |
[09:13] | It’s our daughter, Erica’s, birthday today, | 今天是我们女儿爱丽卡生日 |
[09:15] | and I believe that means we get a free piece of cake. | 我想这意味着我们有免费蛋糕 |
[09:18] | – Absolutely. – Dad, stop! | -没错 -爸 住手 |
[09:20] | And, by the way, it’s his birthday, too. | 顺带一提 今天也是他生日 |
[09:21] | – Me?! – They’re twins. | -我 -他们是双胞胎 |
[09:22] | They’ll have two free, big pieces of cake. | 给他们两块免费的大蛋糕 |
[09:25] | Well, happy birthday to both of you. | 祝你们两个生日快乐 |
[09:27] | – I’m sorry. – Baby, it’s fine. | -我很抱歉 -宝贝 没事的 |
[09:29] | Hands off. You’re twins. | 别上手 你们是双胞胎 |
[09:31] | – Ouch, my kidney. – Barry, stop elbowing! | -我的肾 -巴瑞 别用手肘打他了 |
[09:33] | May I take your order? | 各位准备好点菜了吗 |
[09:34] | No, Marc, no. Just walk away. | 不 马克 快逃命去 |
[09:36] | They got a sweet Hawaiian roll. | 他们还有夏威夷面包呢 |
[09:37] | No, Murray, no! | 不行 默里 不行 |
[09:38] | Hey, look at the size of Gary’s giant filet! | 看看盖瑞的菲力牛排有多大 |
[09:42] | I just want to drink this soda like a human bein- | 我只想像普通人一样喝汽水 |
[09:44] | It’s so cold, but I’m fine! | 太凉了 但我没事 |
[09:47] | Waiter! Refill on the soda! | 服务员 汽水续杯 |
[09:49] | And rolls and sugar packets and more rolls! | 再拿点面包糖包和面包 |
[09:51] | It seemed like dinner hit rock bottom, | 晚餐似乎跌入谷底了 |
[09:53] | but it was gonna get much worse. | 但还会变得更糟 |
[09:55] | Geoff had gotten a taste of dinner with the Goldbergs, | 杰夫初尝到了与金伯格一家共进晚餐的滋味 |
[09:58] | but the worst was yet to come. | 但最糟糕的还没开始 |
[09:59] | God. I know exactly what’s gonna happen, | 老天爷 我就知道会这样 |
[10:01] | but it’s still a nightmare to live through. | 但亲身经历一遍仍像噩梦 |
[10:03] | You got to calm down, okay? | 你得冷静点 好吗 |
[10:04] | Honestly, you’re making it worse. | 说实话 你让一切更糟了 |
[10:05] | Me? I’m the problem? | 我 怪我吗 |
[10:07] | It’s just… you’re so yelly. | 你总在吼人 |
[10:09] | Yeah, I’m trying to protect you. | 是的 我想保护你 |
[10:11] | I don’t need protecting. Just chill out a little. | 我不需要保护 你冷静点就好 |
[10:13] | Fine. From here on out, you’re on your own. | 那好 从现在起你靠自己吧 |
[10:15] | And believe me, the worst is yet to come. | 相信我 最糟糕的还没开始 |
[10:17] | Hey, no salad bar. That counts as an appetizer. | 不许吃沙拉 那也算开胃菜 |
[10:20] | I tried, buddy. Good luck. | 我尽力了 伙计 祝你好运 |
[10:24] | After we ordered dinner came the hardest part of the meal | 点菜后 对我没耐心的家人而言 |
[10:27] | for my impatient family — waiting. | 一餐中最艰难的步骤到了 等餐 |
[10:29] | I cannot believe our food isn’t here. | 我不敢相信还没上菜 |
[10:31] | Must be some kind of a mistake. | 肯定是哪里搞错了 |
[10:32] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[10:33] | I can’t see our waiter anywhere. | 我到处都看不到我们的服务员 |
[10:35] | No, that’s me. I’m your waiter. | 我就是 我是你们的服务员 |
[10:37] | Remember? Marc? | 记得吗 我叫马克 |
[10:38] | All the tables that ordered after us | 在我们之后点菜的客人 |
[10:40] | already got their food. | 都已经上菜了 |
[10:41] | First, we ordered, then that table, then them and them… | 我们先点的 然后是那桌 然后是那桌 |
[10:45] | Like all smothers, my mom watched | 像所有溺爱老妈一样 我妈老鹰般 |
[10:46] | each table order like a hawk, | 紧盯着每桌的点菜顺序 |
[10:48] | so she knew when it was our turn to get served. | 好知道什么时候该给我们上菜 |
[10:50] | …then them, then them, and then that big group | 然后是那桌 那桌 然后是那一大桌 |
[10:52] | over there with my dad. | 和我爸在一起的人 |
[10:53] | They have names, Bevy. | 人家有名字 贝弗 |
[10:55] | This is Doug and Fran | 这是道格和弗兰 |
[10:57] | and-and then Lee-Ann and little Bobby. | 还有利安和小鲍比 |
[11:00] | I’ll check on it right away, ma’am. | 我这就去看看 女士 |
[11:04] | I’m getting shaky hungry. I’m gonna have some rolls. | 我饿得发抖了 我得吃点面包 |
[11:06] | No, Murray, no! Do not touch the rolls. | 不行 默里 不行 不许碰面包 |
[11:08] | Oh, wait. Finally. Here it comes. | 等等 总算来了 |
[11:11] | At long last, our piping-hot dinner | 终于 热气腾腾的晚餐 |
[11:13] | was on its way to my family | 朝我们一家人来了 |
[11:14] | and we would feast upon Beefsteak Charlie’s finest meats. | 我们将尽情享用查理牛排最棒的肉排 |
[11:17] | And…still not our order. | 然而那仍然不是我们的菜 |
[11:21] | What in the actual fxxx? | 他妈的什么鬼 |
[11:23] | That waiter just gave them our food by mistake. | 那个服务员把我们的菜错端到他们桌了 |
[11:26] | Those bastards. We got to get our food. | 那些混蛋 我们得去拿我们的食物 |
[11:28] | Wait, like, go take it from them? | 等等 去抢人家的食物吗 |
[11:30] | I want my fish! | 我要我的鱼 |
[11:31] | I’m getting shaky hungry. | 我饿得发抖了 |
[11:33] | I can’t wait. I got to eat the rolls. | 我等不下去了 我得吃面包 |
[11:34] | Don’t touch the rolls. | 别碰面包 |
[11:35] | Geoff, Barry, let’s go. | 杰夫 巴瑞 我们走 |
[11:37] | Really? Get the food from those poor people? | 真的吗 去抢那些可怜人的食物 |
[11:39] | Okay, you may not believe what happened next, | 好吧 接下来的事你可能不会相信 |
[11:41] | but this is all true. This happened! | 但这都是真实发生过的 |
[11:43] | Hi, hello. Uh, you have our food, | 你好 你们的菜是我们的 |
[11:45] | so we’re just gonna take that out of your way. | 所以我们就直接端走了 |
[11:46] | – Are you sure? – Uh, yeah. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[11:48] | We ordered first, and look at this. | 是我们先点的 你看 |
[11:50] | That’s medium-plus. That’s what I ordered. | 五分熟过一点 这是我点的 |
[11:51] | – That’s rare. – Yeah. | -那是三分熟的 -没错 |
[11:53] | These are ours. Sorry about the mix-up. | 这些是我们的菜 抱歉弄混了 |
[11:55] | Oh, boy. Everybody look away, | 老天 大家都别看我 |
[11:57] | ’cause this not gonna be pretty. | 我的吃相可不养眼 |
[11:59] | Damn it. I waited this whole time | 该死 我等了这么久 |
[12:01] | and they still don’t have my dinner? | 他们还没做好我的菜 |
[12:02] | Waiter, excuse me. | 服务员 不好意思 |
[12:03] | My boy never got his river fish. | 我儿子的鱼还没上 |
[12:05] | I am not your waiter. | 我不是你们的服务员 |
[12:06] | And where did this come from? | 你们的菜是哪来的 |
[12:08] | They took it from our table. | 他们从我们桌抢的 |
[12:09] | Ma’am, this is not your food! | 女士 这不是您的菜 |
[12:11] | Oh, no, did we just touch and steal food | 不 难道我们刚刚又戳又偷 |
[12:12] | from those nice people? | 那些善良路人的菜了吗 |
[12:14] | Okay, here we go, everyb- Oh, boy. | 好了 菜来了 各位 老天 |
[12:17] | And that’s when our dinner really did arrive. | 那时我们的菜才真的上来 |
[12:20] | Hello. Over here. | 你们好 看这边 |
[12:23] | So sorry about the mix-up. | 真抱歉弄混了 |
[12:25] | You can just come and take your food back. | 你们可以过来把菜端回去了 |
[12:26] | No, you poked it. | 不 你都戳过了 |
[12:28] | Well, it was just a little poke. | 轻轻戳了一下而已 |
[12:29] | – I-I didn’t poke anything. – But I did. | -我什么都没戳 -但我戳了 |
[12:31] | I jammed my thumb in there like a champ. | 我的拇指用力捅进去了 |
[12:33] | Many apologies, sir. | 非常抱歉 先生 |
[12:34] | We’ll rush out another order. | 我们会迅速再做一份的 |
[12:36] | Where are you going with that? | 那这几盘怎么办 |
[12:37] | – To throw it out? – No, that’s a waste. | -倒掉啊 -不行 太浪费了 |
[12:39] | Pack it up. We’ll take it to go. | 包起来 我们带走 |
[12:41] | You want to take home the meal that wasn’t yours? | 您想打包别人的食物 |
[12:43] | Yeah, yeah, yeah! You’re gonna throw it in a big garbage bag. | 当然 你要倒进大垃圾袋 |
[12:45] | Why don’t you put it in a little doggie bag? | 为什么不能装进小食品袋 |
[12:47] | – We’ll take it. – Okay, now he’s actively stealing. | -我们带走 -他这样真成骗吃的了 |
[12:49] | Don’t look at me. | 别看我 |
[12:50] | I’m busy enjoying the other table’s fries. | 我忙着吃别人点的薯条呢 |
[12:52] | Sure, it’s no problem. We’ll wrap up all of this. | 好的 没问题 我们都包起来 |
[12:58] | For my family, dining out wasn’t about | 对我家人而言 在外面吃 |
[13:00] | the quality of the food, it was about the quantity. | 看重的不是质 而是量 |
[13:02] | And it was best expressed with one word… | 最适合的一个词就是 |
[13:04] | The portions, huh? | 瞧瞧这菜码 |
[13:06] | Such big portions! | 菜码真大 |
[13:08] | Biggest portions in town. | 镇上最大的菜码 |
[13:09] | Can you believe the portions? | 你能相信菜码这么大吗 |
[13:11] | I-I don’t like my large portion. | 我不喜欢我的大菜码 |
[13:13] | This portion’s not good. | 这菜码不好 |
[13:14] | My portion’s, like, huge. | 我的菜码也太大了 |
[13:16] | Why are there three baked potatoes on here, too? It’s madness. | 这里怎么还有三个烤土豆 太疯狂了 |
[13:19] | I’ll trade you this fish for anything you’ve got. | 我愿意用鱼跟你换 |
[13:22] | Dude, if I don’t eat this whole giant steak, | 哥们 如果我不吃光这块大牛排 |
[13:23] | Mom’s never gonna let me order off the adult menu again! | 妈永远不会再让我在成人菜单点菜了 |
[13:27] | What’s going on with you? | 你怎么了 |
[13:29] | Is your little tummy full already? | 你的小肚肚已经饱了吗 |
[13:30] | Nope! Barry’s just mad | 没有 巴瑞不过是生气 |
[13:32] | ’cause I’m gonna finish this all on my own. | 因为我要自己吃光这些肉 |
[13:33] | I told you not to get that fish! | 都叫你不要点鱼了 |
[13:35] | Geoff, I’m your best friend. | 杰夫 我是你最好的朋友 |
[13:37] | Pour half of your soup into my glass. | 在我杯里倒半份你的汤 |
[13:39] | Geoff, do not. | 杰夫 不许倒 |
[13:41] | I’m so hungry, please! | 我太饿了 求你了 |
[13:42] | He knew better than to order trout at a steakhouse. | 怪他不该无知地在牛排餐厅点鳟鱼 |
[13:44] | Don’t support his bad judgement. | 不要纵容他的劣质判断力 |
[13:46] | – Erica, please help me. – I wouldn’t worry about it. | -爱丽卡 求你帮帮我 -别担心 |
[13:48] | Everything’s gonna be sent back anyway. | 反正所有菜都会被退回去的 |
[13:50] | – What do you mean? – Oh, it’s all going back. | -你说什么 -都会退回去的 |
[13:52] | – You’ll see. – I don’t want to see! | -等下你就知道了 -我不想知道 |
[13:53] | Just tell me what’s gonna happ- | 告诉我会发生什… |
[13:56] | We finally began our meal, and it tasted damn fine. | 我们终于开吃了 味道根本没问题 |
[13:59] | But fine was not good enough for my yenta mom, | 但没问题对我的长舌老妈而言是不够的 |
[14:01] | who always did this… | 她总是这样 |
[14:03] | Excuse me, waiter. | 不好意思 服务员 |
[14:05] | My fries are ice cold. | 我的薯条都凉透了 |
[14:06] | Hi, I kind of switched with Alex, | 我和亚历克斯换桌了 |
[14:08] | ’cause you keep ordering from him. | 因为你们总找他点菜 |
[14:10] | Feel them. Ice cold. | 你摸摸 凉透了 |
[14:11] | Also, I ordered the T-bone a little pink inside, | 另外我点T骨时要里面还有点粉嫩的 |
[14:14] | but it’s way overdone. | 但这份烤得太熟了 |
[14:15] | I’ll fix both of yours right away. | 我立刻给二位换份新的 |
[14:17] | Geoff, uh, didn’t you order a bowl of soup? | 杰夫 你点的汤不是要用碗装吗 |
[14:19] | – That’s a cup. – No, I’m fine. | -那是杯子 -我没关系 |
[14:21] | – Totally fine. – It’s not a problem. | -真的没关系 -没问题的 |
[14:23] | I’ll take it back and make sure it’s right. | 我会拿回去确保菜品没问题 |
[14:24] | If things are getting sent back, | 如果大家都要把菜送回去 |
[14:26] | maybe I should get the petit filet | 我还是换份小菲力牛排吧 |
[14:28] | instead of this Longhorn Gutbuster. | 不要这份长角大牛排了 |
[14:30] | Also, please take back this stinky fish. | 另外求你拿走这条臭鱼 |
[14:32] | Oh, no. You got the fish, you keep the fish. | 不行 你点的鱼 你就得吃鱼 |
[14:35] | You all get to send back for new meat | 你们都能换份新的肉 |
[14:37] | and I’m stuck with this old, soggy trout? | 而我还得吃这条不新鲜湿乎乎的鳟鱼 |
[14:39] | Do me a favor. Uh, wrap that up. We’ll take it. | 帮我个忙 包起来我们带走 |
[14:42] | You want me to wrap up the food you don’t like? | 您想打包您不喜欢吃的食物 |
[14:44] | What is it with this restaurant and wasting food? | 这间餐厅怎么这么爱浪费食物 |
[14:47] | We’ll also have a refill on the soda. | 再给我们的汽水续个杯 |
[14:49] | And more rolls and straws and Sweet’N Low and more rolls. | 还有面包和吸管和糖包和面包 |
[14:53] | Like always, Barry hated his order. | 一如既往 巴瑞不喜欢他点的菜 |
[14:55] | As for the rest of us, | 我们其余的人 |
[14:56] | we finally stopped yelling and started eating. | 终于不再乱吼开始吃饭了 |
[14:58] | At this point, my hungry dad would go into a blissful food zone, | 这时我饿透的老爸会进入愉悦的美食境界 |
[15:01] | and then this would happen. | 然后就会发生这种事 |
[15:04] | He’d choke. | 他噎着了 |
[15:05] | – Um, is your father okay? – He’s fine. | -你爸还好吗 -他没事 |
[15:07] | This is just what he does when he gets in the zone. | 他吃嗨了就会这样 |
[15:09] | – But he’s choking. – Eh, He’ll power through it. | -但他噎着了 -他会挺过去的 |
[15:11] | Doesn’t seem like he will. | 看起来不像啊 |
[15:12] | Trust us, there’s plenty of air going around the meat. | 相信我们 肉周围有的是空气 |
[15:14] | There’s no air! Look at him! | 哪有空气 看看他 |
[15:16] | – This is a full-on, real choke. – No, look. | -他完全真的噎着了 -不 你瞧 |
[15:18] | He’s trying to put mushrooms on his fork right now. | 他正往叉子上叉蘑菇呢 |
[15:20] | Why is he doing that? Why does he continue to feed? | 他为什么这么做 他为什么要继续吃 |
[15:22] | – The man is dying. – What’s with all the hubbub? | -他快噎死了 -你在吵什么 |
[15:24] | I can’t just sit here and let him choke like this. | 我不能坐在这眼看着他噎死 |
[15:26] | Against my better judgement, I’m letting you know | 尽管我知道不该插手 还是告诉你 |
[15:28] | that this is the happiest my dad gets. | 这是我爸最开心时的模样 |
[15:32] | Don’t worry, Mr. G. | 别担心 金伯格先生 |
[15:33] | I’m a lifeguard at the JCC. | 我是犹太社区活动中心的救生员 |
[15:34] | Arms up, find the sternum… | 抬起手臂 找到胸骨 |
[15:36] | Don’t find the sternum. | 别找胸骨了 |
[15:37] | Why are you touching me?! Don’t touch me! | 你为什么要摸我 别摸我 |
[15:39] | – I’m trying to save your life. – Why? Sit down. | -我想救你的命 -为什么 坐下 |
[15:42] | And with that, the Goldbergs officially broke | 就此 金伯格一家正式 |
[15:45] | the sweetest boyfriend in the world. | 逼疯了世上最可爱的小男友 |
[15:47] | Waiter, over here. | 服务员 过来一下 |
[15:49] | No! This has never been our waiter! | 不 他根本不是我们的服务员 |
[15:51] | Look at his face! He’s an entirely different person! | 看看他的脸 他根本是另一个人 |
[15:53] | Geoff, you’re making a scene. | 杰夫 别丢人了 |
[15:55] | Oh, right, because the last thing we want | 是啊 因为我们最不想要的 |
[15:56] | is some unwanted, negative attention! | 就是别人投来不满的目光 |
[15:58] | This family should be barred from any and all | 你们这家人该被所有餐饮设施 |
[16:00] | dining establishments. | 联合抵制 |
[16:01] | I’m talking Beefsteak Charlie’s, | 不只是查理牛排 |
[16:03] | China Garden, Applebee’s, even Tony Roma’s. | 汉宫大酒楼 苹果蜂 甚至多利萝玛 |
[16:06] | I hear they make a top-notch shrimp scampi. | 我听说他们的鲜虾意面特别好吃 |
[16:07] | Oh, my God. At a steak place, you get steak. | 我的天 在牛排餐厅就点牛排 |
[16:10] | And at a place for ribs, you eat ribs | 在排骨餐厅就点排骨 |
[16:11] | with your dominant hand without complaining | 用你的惯用手 不要抱怨 |
[16:13] | that the world is prejudiced against you. | 世人对你有偏见 |
[16:14] | Burn! He got you good. | 被狠狠损了吧 |
[16:16] | And you, you know, despite your age, | 还有你 尽管你这个年纪 |
[16:18] | you still look like and sound like a tiny boy, | 你的外貌和声音还是小男孩 |
[16:19] | – so just order accordingly. – He’s right. | -所以就点儿童餐吧 -他说得对 |
[16:21] | – You barely touched that steak. – And you. | -你的牛排都没怎么吃 -还有你 |
[16:23] | You turned your purse into a mini-fridge. | 你把你的包变成了小冰箱 |
[16:25] | You took an hour to order, | 你点菜要用一小时 |
[16:27] | then stole food from that table, and then sent it back. | 偷那桌的食物 还送回去 |
[16:29] | Hey, we’re trying to enjoy | 我们还想安静庆祝 |
[16:31] | – Devon’s graduation dinner in peace! – And you! | -戴文的毕业晚餐呢 -还有你 |
[16:34] | That’s just a nice family | 那个和睦的家庭 |
[16:36] | trying to have a special meal together. Leave them alone! | 想一起吃顿特殊的晚餐 别烦人家了 |
[16:38] | What’s Captain Soup going on about? | 喝汤队长在吵什么 |
[16:40] | And you, with your menu rules and your communal soda | 还有你 你的点菜规矩和公用汽水 |
[16:43] | and you’re forcing me to just eat soup? | 还逼我只喝汤 |
[16:45] | You think I didn’t want steak?! I chose this place! | 你以为我不想吃牛排吗 这里是我选的 |
[16:48] | I love their meats and their sides, | 我喜欢他们的牛排和配菜 |
[16:50] | and why do you keep eating | 为什么我吼你的时候 |
[16:51] | through everything I’m saying right now? | 你还在继续吃 |
[16:53] | You know, you really are ruining our good people’s name, | 你把我们族人的名声都毁了 |
[16:55] | and you know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我指的是什么 |
[16:56] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[16:59] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[17:03] | *Happy birthday, Erica and Geoff* | *生日快乐 爱丽卡和杰夫* |
[17:07] | *Happy birthday to both of you* | *祝你们生日快乐* |
[17:14] | It was time for the final stage of dinner — | 到了晚餐的最后一个阶段 |
[17:16] | the moment Beverly ceased to be a mother | 在那一刻贝弗莉不再是个老妈 |
[17:18] | and became the world’s greatest forensic accountant. | 变成了世界上最棒的法务会计师 |
[17:23] | Well, it’s a good thing I travel with my calculator | 幸好我随身带着计算器 |
[17:25] | because we are being aggressively overcharged. | 因为你们多收了我们好多钱 |
[17:28] | Okay, the cake is free. | 蛋糕是免费的 |
[17:29] | Double-check there’s no cake on there. | 再看看上面有没有蛋糕钱 |
[17:31] | – I’m gonna go outside. – Waiter, | -我先出去了 -服务员 |
[17:32] | it says we’re being charged | 账单上写着 |
[17:33] | for a larger steak when my son switched to the petit. | 大牛排的钱 但我儿子换成小的了 |
[17:36] | And don’t forget one soda. Make sure. | 别忘了只有一杯汽水 看清楚 |
[17:38] | Also, you said you’d take off for the icy cold fries. | 另外 你说过因为薯条凉透了会给我打折 |
[17:41] | Zero cake, one soda, triple-check. | 没有蛋糕 一杯饮料 再看一次 |
[17:44] | Murray, you’re just slowing me down. | 默里 你在拖慢我的速度 |
[17:46] | All right, which one of you is the waiter? | 好了 你们俩到底谁是服务员 |
[17:48] | I’ll tell you who your waiter was. | 让老子告诉你是谁 |
[17:49] | No, no, Alex, it’s not worth it. | 别 亚历克斯 不值 |
[17:50] | You’re right. You’re right… | 你说得对 你说得对 |
[17:58] | Look, I don’t need to hear “I told you so.” | 我不需要听你说”早告诉过你了” |
[18:01] | I just wanted to be closer to your family, | 我只想和你家人更亲近些 |
[18:03] | but I made a mess of everything. | 但全被我搞砸了 |
[18:06] | No, you didn’t. | 不 你没有 |
[18:08] | Look, I have to admit something. | 我得坦白一些事 |
[18:11] | I love you, | 我爱你 |
[18:12] | but I never thought that we could go the distance | 但我从没想过我们会走到这一步 |
[18:14] | because I didn’t think you could handle my family. | 因为我以为你应付不了我家人 |
[18:17] | But, man, the way you stood up to them was…awesome. | 但 你和他们对质的样子 太赞了 |
[18:23] | You’re one of us, Geoff. | 你是我家的一份子了 杰夫 |
[18:26] | You think? | 你真这么想 |
[18:27] | I know. | 我确定 |
[18:30] | Remember, you guys are twins. | 记住 你俩是双胞胎 |
[18:32] | Keep the lie up until I get my credit card back. | 在我付完账之前继续装下去 |
[18:35] | We’re having a moment, Dad. | 我们的气氛都被你破坏了 爸 |
[18:36] | I need to have a moment with Soupy Sales, | 我也有话要和灌汤包说 |
[18:38] | if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 |
[18:40] | Don’t worry, I’ll be very nice, I promise. | 别担心 我会好好说 我保证 |
[18:49] | Look, before you say anything, | 在你开口前 |
[18:50] | just let me apologize for, you know, | 让我先道歉 |
[18:53] | grabbing you and yelling at you… | 我不该碰你还吼你 |
[18:55] | …and suggesting that you’re a thief. | 还说你是骗吃的 |
[18:56] | What are you apologizing for? | 你为什么道歉 |
[18:59] | That’s what happens at all our dinners. | 我家每顿晚餐都这样 |
[19:01] | So, you’re not mad, even about the soup? | 这么说你不生气 汤的事也不生气 |
[19:04] | Next time, you can have soup and an entrée. | 下次你可以点汤和开胃菜 |
[19:10] | That’s… Really? | 真…真的吗 |
[19:12] | Just don’t tell the others. | 但别告诉其他人 |
[19:15] | That night, Geoff did the impossible — | 那晚 杰夫完成了不可能的任务 |
[19:17] | he survived dinner with the Goldbergs. | 他从与金伯格一家共进晚餐中幸存了 |
[19:19] | But even better, he gained my dad’s respect. | 更棒的是 他赢得了我爸的尊重 |
[19:25] | Thank you for making sure my schmoo had a great birthday. | 谢谢你确保我宝贝生日过得开心 |
[19:28] | It was a special night. | 真是特别的一晚 |
[19:29] | Yeah, I certainly will never forget it. | 是啊 我肯定永生难忘 |
[19:37] | And they’re gone. | 他们走了 |
[19:39] | At least until they realize they left Pops inside. | 至少在他们想起老爷子还在餐厅里之前 |
[19:42] | Wait, he’s still in there | 等等 他还在里面 |
[19:43] | talking to that couple that just got engaged? | 跟那对刚订婚的情侣聊天吗 |
[19:45] | For sure. | 当然 |
[19:46] | So, do you want to go get actual food now? | 你想去好好吃点东西吗 |
[19:48] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[19:49] | All I had was soup, and Barry stole half of it. | 我只点了份汤 巴瑞还抢了一半 |
[19:52] | In the end, | 最终 |
[19:53] | this dinner with the Goldbergs was like any other. | 这顿金伯格家的晚餐和其他晚餐一样 |
[19:54] | It was noisy, messy, highly embarrassing. | 又吵又乱又超级丢人 |
[19:57] | But somehow, we always left feeling closer… | 但莫名地 晚餐后我们都亲近了许多 |
[20:00] | …and our hearts filled with love. | 我们的心中都充满了爱 |
[20:02] | And my mom’s purse filled with rolls. | 我妈的包里也装满了面包 |
[20:14] | Barry. Barry. | 巴瑞 巴瑞 |
[20:18] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[20:25] | Breakfast is surved. | 早饭做好了 |
[20:27] | The only thing better than eating out is leftovers the next day. | 比在外面吃更棒的就是第二天的剩菜 |
[20:31] | Steak and eggs for you. Steak and eggs for you. | 给你牛排鸡蛋 给你牛排鸡蛋 |
[20:33] | And for Barry, a fishy scramble | 而巴瑞 鱼腥味炒蛋 |
[20:35] | made from last night’s half-eaten trout. | 用昨晚剩了一半的鳟鱼做的 |
[20:37] | What?! That thing should’ve never left the restaurant! | 什么 那条鱼为什么要打包回家 |
[20:39] | And let it go to waste? | 就那么浪费了吗 |
[20:41] | Oh, no, mister! You eat the fishy scramble. | 没门 先生 快吃你的鱼腥味炒蛋 |
[20:43] | I don’t want the fishy scramble! | 我不想要鱼腥味炒蛋 |
[20:44] | You eat that fishy scramble right now! | 你现在就把鱼腥味炒蛋吃了 |
[20:51] | This fishy scramble is yummy! | 鱼腥味炒蛋真好吃 |
[20:52] | – Want to get in on this, Adam? – I’m good. | -你想吃点吗 亚当 -不用了 |
[20:54] | How about you, old man? | 您呢 老人家 |
[20:55] | It’s like fish scramble heaven over here! | 这可是鱼腥味炒蛋天堂啊 |
[20:57] | Please take that plate away from me. | 求你把盘子拿远点 |
[20:59] | Eat it! | 快吃 |