时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Ah, baseball. America’s pastime. | 棒球啊 全美娱乐 |
[00:00] | 我们费城是第一 1980年世界棒球锦标赛 | |
[00:02] | Growing up, my brother Barry was one of those kids | 从小到大 我哥巴瑞一直是那种 |
[00:04] | whose dream was to take the mound at Veterans Stadium. | 梦想能在老兵球场投球的孩子 |
[00:07] | And then, one day, he got an actual shot | 某天 他还真得到了机会 |
[00:09] | to become a Philadelphia Philly, | 加入费城费城人队 |
[00:10] | thanks to one of the greatest gimmicks of the ’80s — | 多亏了八十年代最棒的小把戏 |
[00:12] | the radio call-in contest. | 来电大赛 |
[00:14] | Angelo Cataldi here | 安吉洛·卡塔尔迪 |
[00:15] | with the opportunity of a lifetime — | 为您带来千载难逢的机遇 |
[00:17] | the 100th caller throws out the first pitch | 第一百位打进电话的听众将在费城人队比赛 |
[00:20] | at the Phillies game. | 投出第一球 |
[00:21] | Lucky, Adam, thank you for joining me. | 幸运 亚当 谢谢你们陪我 |
[00:24] | Today, Big Tasty wins the most | 今天 大甜甜将赢下 |
[00:25] | coveted prize in AM radio. | AM调频最令人垂涎的大奖 |
[00:27] | You do realize these are virtually impossible to win, right? | 你明白中奖的机会渺茫 对吗 |
[00:31] | Not when you invented a top-secret formula | 当你发明出最高机密方法 |
[00:33] | that guarantees me to be the 100th caller. | 保证能成为第一百位时就可能 |
[00:35] | Seriously? How? | 真的吗 怎么做 |
[00:36] | Two words — math matics. | 两个字 数学 |
[00:39] | Just hit caller 85. So close. | 第85位了 很接近了 |
[00:41] | It’s 1.7 seconds per call, | 每通电话平均用时1.7秒 |
[00:43] | so if I multiply the amount of callers by the rate of calls, | 所以我用打电话的人乘以打电话的速率 |
[00:47] | then I dial them up in exactly… | 然后我等到… |
[00:48] | Dial right now! Don’t wait another second! | 现在就打 一秒都别等了 |
[00:50] | – 37 minutes. – Yeah, that’s not right. | -37分钟再打 -这肯定是错的 |
[00:53] | Just hit caller 90. | 第90位听众了 |
[00:54] | You should call right now! | 你该现在就打 |
[00:55] | You dare question my Texas Instruments?! | 你胆敢质疑我的德州计算器 |
[00:58] | It’s from Texas. That’s where NASA is, bro! | 这是德州出品的 航空航天局就在那 |
[01:00] | Caller 95! Get off your ass and call! | 第95位 快去打电话 |
[01:04] | Now we just sit and wait, Lucky. | 我们静待时机 幸运 |
[01:06] | Congrats. You’re the 100th caller. | 恭喜 你是第一百位听众 |
[01:08] | What?! That’s impossible! | 什么 这不可能 |
[01:10] | What’s your name, and where you from? | 你叫什么名字 是哪里人 |
[01:11] | Adam Goldberg. I’m from Jenkintown. | 亚当·金伯格 我来自珍金镇 |
[01:14] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[01:16] | This is amazing. I’ve literally never won anything. | 太棒了 我从没赢过任何奖 |
[01:18] | What the hell are you doing?! | 你这是搞什么鬼 |
[01:20] | Yeah, I’ll hold. | 好 我待机 |
[01:21] | Just stole your stupid baseball pitch. | 我偷走了你愚蠢的投球机会 |
[01:23] | You can’t, dude! | 不行 哥们 |
[01:24] | – This pitch is an opportunity of a lifetime! – How? | -这次投球是千载难逢的机遇 -怎么会 |
[01:27] | ‘Cause once the Phillies see my flamethrower, | 因为一旦费城人队看到我的喷火投球 |
[01:30] | they’ll give me a brand-new | 他们签我时 |
[01:31] | Mustang as a signing bonus. | 还会额外送给我一辆全新的野马 |
[01:32] | Aww, that’s a shame, ’cause instead, you get to watch me. | 真可惜 因为你只能看着我投球了 |
[01:36] | Please, I’ll give you anything you want. | 拜托 你想要什么我都给你 |
[01:38] | Go on. | 接着说 |
[01:39] | – My Sports Illustrated football phone. – No. | -《体育画报》橄榄球电话 -不要 |
[01:41] | A Rubik’s Cube | 一个魔方 |
[01:42] | – with all the stickers taken off so you always win. – No. | -贴纸都抠掉了所以你总是能赢 -不要 |
[01:45] | – A leaf that looks like a boob. – Nope. | -一片胸部形状的树叶 -不要 |
[01:47] | This incredibly stretched-out Coke bottle | 这个瓶颈很长的可乐瓶子 |
[01:49] | – filled with colored sand. – Nah. | -里面装着彩砂 -不要 |
[01:51] | – A limited-edition butt mug. – Pass. | -限量版屁股杯 -不要 |
[01:52] | Super Madball Touchdown Terror football. | 超级疯狂触地得分怪物橄榄球 |
[01:55] | – This awesome drawing I made of a leopard. – Do better. | -我画的炫酷豹子 -再加把劲 |
[01:58] | My prized Kathy Ireland poster | 我珍贵的凯西·爱尔兰海报 |
[02:01] | personally autographed to me. | 上面有给我的签名 |
[02:03] | You misspelled “Kathy”. | “凯西”都被你拼错了 |
[02:04] | Final offer — | 最终出价 |
[02:05] | whenever Mom tries to snuggle you in any way, | 无论何时老妈试图以何种方式抱你 |
[02:09] | I will act as a human shield to protect. | 我会作为人肉盾牌帮你挡下来 |
[02:11] | Now that I’ll take. | 这个出价我接受 |
[02:12] | – Ha, sucker. – Oh, yeah? | -这样你不划算 -是吗 |
[02:14] | Hey, Mama. Those vanilla-chunk cookies smell amazing. | 妈妈 那些香草饼干闻起来太香了 |
[02:18] | You know what else is an amazing vanilla chunk? | 知道还有什么像香草饼干一样棒吗 |
[02:21] | You. | 你 |
[02:23] | Not on my watch. | 有我在休想 |
[02:24] | Barry, no. This neck nuzzle is for Adam. | 巴瑞 别闹 这些脖子亲亲是给亚当的 |
[02:26] | Well, you have no choice but to nuzzle my neck instead. | 那你只能亲我的脖子了 |
[02:29] | Well, that’s an unexpected win-win. | 真没想到会有这种双赢局面 |
[02:31] | Don’t doubt yourself, Barry. | 别怀疑自己 巴瑞 |
[02:33] | Do it for the Phillies. | 这是为了费城人队 |
[02:34] | This is so worth it. | 这太值了 |
[02:37] | This really is! | 真的很值 |
[02:52] | It was May 2, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的五月二日 |
[02:54] | and Erica was showing her best friend, Lainey, | 爱丽卡在带她最好的朋友兰妮 |
[02:56] | around the greatest place on Earth. | 逛地球上最棒的地方 |
[02:58] | Seriously, college is the best. | 说真的 大学最棒了 |
[02:59] | My classes are, like, so interesting. | 我的课程特别有趣 |
[03:02] | Mine, too. | 我的也是 |
[03:02] | I’m always like, “I did not know that.” | 我总是觉得”我以前都不知道这些” |
[03:05] | I love the parties and meeting smart people | 我喜欢派对 邂逅聪明人 |
[03:08] | and living with my roommate, who is awesome. | 和我很棒的室友住在一起 |
[03:10] | Tell me about it. | 谁说不是 |
[03:11] | I love my roommate — The Raven. | 我特别喜欢我室友 乌鸦 |
[03:13] | – The what? – It’s her Wiccan name. | -她叫啥 -那是她的巫士名号 |
[03:15] | She’s so cool and artsy and chain smokes | 她又酷又有艺术气息 不停抽烟 |
[03:17] | and flicks the ashes at me while I sleep. | 还在我睡着时往我身上弹烟灰 |
[03:19] | Yeah, she doesn’t sound great. | 她听起来人不怎么样 |
[03:20] | That’s ’cause she’s not! She’s horrible and scary! | 因为本来就不怎么样 她人又坏又可怕 |
[03:23] | And I hate her and everything else at college. | 我恨死她和大学的一切了 |
[03:25] | Well, thank God. Me too! | 谢天谢地 我也是 |
[03:26] | – Really? – Yes! | -真的吗 -真的 |
[03:27] | I only said that college is the best because | 我说大学最棒只是因为 |
[03:29] | you seemed really positive about it. | 你看起来很喜欢大学 |
[03:31] | Oh, no. Fashion school was such a mistake. | 不 去读服装学院就是个错误 |
[03:34] | I like buying clothes and the wearing them part, | 我喜欢买衣服和穿衣服 |
[03:36] | but making my own stuff sucks ’cause I have to do the sewing. | 但自己做衣服太糟了 我必须得自己缝 |
[03:38] | You know what’s worse? | 你知道更糟的是什么吗 |
[03:39] | I came here to play music, | 我是来演奏音乐的 |
[03:41] | but all they make me do is read these big, | 但他们只让我读有关音乐的 |
[03:42] | boring textbooks about it. | 厚重无聊的教科书 |
[03:44] | – You could sue. – For sure! | -你可以告他们 -绝对可以 |
[03:45] | I’m not a lawyer, but I have a real case here. | 我不是律师 但我绝对能赢 |
[03:47] | God, I miss high school so much. | 老天 我太想念高中了 |
[03:49] | You and me, singing in my room, | 你和我在我房间里唱歌 |
[03:51] | dreaming of being stars. | 梦想成为大明星 |
[03:52] | We were so young last year. | 我们去年还那么年轻 |
[03:54] | Such a happy time. | 那时真开心 |
[03:56] | Honestly, I wish we could just forget about college, | 说实话 我真希望我们能不读大学 |
[03:58] | start a band, and have fun again. | 组个乐队 再次开心起来 |
[04:00] | – Then let’s do it. – Do what? | -那我们这就去做 -做什么 |
[04:02] | Lainey, we’re adults now. | 兰妮 如今我们是成年人了 |
[04:04] | We can do whatever the hell we want. | 我们想做什么就可以去做 |
[04:05] | Yeah, I don’t think I can just blow off school to start a band. | 我不认为我能就这样辍学组乐队 |
[04:08] | I have a mid-term project due next week. | 我下周还要交期中设计 |
[04:10] | So? I have a music theory final tomorrow | 那又怎样 我明天有音乐理论终考 |
[04:12] | and I haven’t even cracked open this giant book. | 我甚至还没拆开这本书的塑封 |
[04:14] | Is this really happening? | 真的要这样做吗 |
[04:15] | Are we blowing off school to become a rock-‘n’-roll super-group? | 我们要辍学去做超级摇滚组合吗 |
[04:18] | We’ll be like Joan Jett meets The Bangles. | 我们就像琼·杰特和手镯合唱团的结合 |
[04:20] | – Meets Madonna. – Obviously! | -还有麦当娜 -那还用说 |
[04:21] | All we need now is a kick-ass lady drummer. | 现在我们只需要找个厉害的女鼓手 |
[04:23] | Ooh, that’s gonna be hard to find. | 那可不好找 |
[04:25] | – I’ll do it. – Wait, really? | -我加入 -等等 真的吗 |
[04:27] | I thought you were an Art History major. | 我以为你主修的是艺术史 |
[04:28] | My stupid mom forced me to take marching band in middle school. | 初中时我的傻妈逼我参加了鼓号队 |
[04:31] | So you still play? | 你还在打鼓吗 |
[04:32] | No, but I air-drum to Genesis, like, all the time | 不 但我总边听创世纪乐团边打节奏 |
[04:35] | and I’m, like, sick at it. | 我吧 可厉害了 |
[04:37] | Okay, we got our drummer! It’s fate! | 我们有鼓手了 这是命运 |
[04:39] | Seriously, what are the chances you end up with a roommate | 说真的 遇到一个觉得打鼓挺有趣的室友 |
[04:41] | who likes the idea of drumming? | 几率能有多大 |
[04:42] | This literally can’t fail. | 我们肯定能成 |
[04:44] | Dude, look at her go! | 哥们 瞧她的劲头 |
[04:46] | That probably sounds amazing. | 要是真在打鼓八成听起来很棒 |
[04:49] | And so, my sister happily threw away her college education. | 就这样 我姐开心地放弃了大学教育 |
[04:51] | Meanwhile, my dad was about to learn | 与此同时 我爸正要得知 |
[04:53] | that Barry was one throw away from baseball glory. | 巴瑞只差一球之遥就能展开辉煌棒球生涯 |
[04:56] | Father! | 父亲 |
[04:57] | In preparation for my pitch at the Vet, | 为了给我在老兵球场的投球做准备 |
[04:59] | it is essential I have a top-of-the-line radar gun | 我必须买一个最高级的雷达测速仪 |
[05:02] | that clocks my explosive fastball. | 为我爆炸性的高速球测速 |
[05:04] | How are you throwing out the first pitch at a Phillies game? | 你为什么能在费城人队比赛投第一球 |
[05:06] | W.I.P. Call-in contest. | 体育广播台的来电竞赛 |
[05:09] | My boy’s throwing out the first pitch? | 我儿子要投第一球 |
[05:10] | Here, take my card. Buy whatever you need. | 给 我的卡给你 想买什么都行 |
[05:13] | I cannot wait to show Mike Schmidt | 我等不及让迈克·施密特[投手] |
[05:15] | the nasty aspirin tablet I fire-hose in there! | 看看我投出的要命旋转球了 |
[05:17] | You only have one chance | 你只有一个机会 |
[05:18] | to dazzle the Phillies with your arm. Am I right? | 用你的手臂惊艳费城人队 不是吗 |
[05:20] | That’s what I was thinking | 我就是这么想的 |
[05:21] | ’cause there is a world where they see my bazooka | 因为有可能他们一看到我大炮似的手臂 |
[05:23] | and I immediately get a contract and uniform. | 就立即跟我签约给我队服 |
[05:26] | 65,000 people at the Vet | 老兵球场的六万五千人 |
[05:28] | are gonna see that flamethrower of yours. | 都会看到你的喷火投球 |
[05:30] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[05:31] | I was just deturding some shrimp | 我正在挑虾线 |
[05:33] | and I couldn’t help but overhear. | 无意间听到了你们的话 |
[05:35] | 65,000 people? | 六万五千人 |
[05:36] | This is the opportunity of a lifetime. | 这是千载难逢的机遇 |
[05:38] | My boy’s gonna make the Goldberg name proud. | 我儿子要给金伯格家添光了 |
[05:40] | I won’t let you down, Dad. | 我不会让你失望的 老爸 |
[05:41] | I’m gonna bring the thunder. | 我会投出雷霆一球的 |
[05:43] | I cannot believe you’re gonna be standing | 真不敢相信你将和迈克·施密特 |
[05:45] | on the same grass with Mike Schmidt. | 站在同一片草坪上 |
[05:47] | It’s too much! | 我承受不住了 |
[05:48] | “Same grass”? | 岂止”同一片草坪” |
[05:49] | We’re gonna be on the same team. | 我们会在同一个队伍 |
[05:50] | Can you imagine sharing a locker room with Schmidty? | 你能想象和老施共用同一个换衣间吗 |
[05:52] | I’ll grow a sweet moustache to match his | 我会留和他一样的小胡子 |
[05:54] | and then we’ll date twin weather girls. | 然后我们和双胞胎天气预报员约会 |
[05:56] | Promise me you’ll grow a ‘stache. Promise! | 向我保证你会留小胡子 向我保证 |
[05:59] | Murray, are you sure about this? | 默里 你确定这样好吗 |
[06:01] | You know how Barry caves under the slightest pressure. | 你知道巴瑞一点压力都承受不住 |
[06:04] | I played baseball in high school. Barry’s got this. | 我高中时玩过棒球 巴瑞没问题的 |
[06:06] | That makes no sense! | 这根本说不通 |
[06:08] | One thing has nothing to do with the other. | 两件事之间根本没有因果关系 |
[06:10] | Every day, my moron kids come in here | 每天我的白痴孩子们都过来 |
[06:12] | asking me for money for the dumbest of dreams. | 跟我要钱去实现最蠢的梦想 |
[06:15] | Finally, I found one I can get behind. | 终于 我找到了一个我愿意支持的 |
[06:17] | But you don’t actually believe | 但你不是真的相信 |
[06:19] | that Barry will be scouted onto the Phillies. | 巴瑞能被探子发掘加入费城人队 |
[06:22] | Of course not, but you never know. | 当然不信 但说不准 |
[06:24] | – So you do think so? – Not a chance! | -你觉得有戏 -完全没戏 |
[06:26] | Unless it happens. | 除非真的发生了 |
[06:27] | Okay, kind of giving me mixed signals here. | 你这样让我有点糊涂 |
[06:29] | Listen to my words. | 仔细听好我的话 |
[06:31] | I know Barry will never play for the Phillies, | 我知道巴瑞永远不会加入费城人队 |
[06:34] | although crazier things have happened. | 不过世界上有的是比这还疯狂的事 |
[06:38] | For the first time ever, | 有史以来第一次 |
[06:40] | my mom was doubting one of her precious children. | 我妈在质疑她的宝贝孩子之一 |
[06:42] | As for Erica, she was certain of her rock-‘n’-roll destiny. | 而爱丽卡则对她的摇滚命运十分确信 |
[06:45] | A-one, two. A-one, two, three, four. | 一 二 一二三四 |
[06:49] | That’s sounded awesome, guys! | 听起来太酷了 大伙 |
[06:51] | That’s, like, a totally tight intro. | 这个开头太像样了 |
[06:53] | What a crazy-productive first day. | 第一天效率居然这么高 |
[06:55] | I mean, we decided on our look. | 我们决定好了造型 |
[06:57] | Super-feminine but tough. | 很女性化又很强悍 |
[06:58] | And our band name, “The Tangles”. | 还有我们的乐队名”纠结合唱团” |
[06:59] | It, like, captures who we are, | 完全吧 能说明我们是怎样的人 |
[07:01] | but also doesn’t, at all. | 又完全不能 |
[07:03] | Now all that’s left is the easy part — | 现在只剩简单的部分了 |
[07:04] | writing a totally original hit song | 写一首完全原创的热门歌曲 |
[07:06] | that changes rock ‘n’ roll forever. | 永远改变摇滚 |
[07:07] | Actually, I’ve been working on a little riff. | 其实我写了点东西 |
[07:09] | Let’s hear it. | 听听看 |
[07:16] | Keep going. I think I got something. | 接着弹 我有灵感了 |
[07:19] | *I enjoy rockin’ out* | *我喜欢摇滚* |
[07:22] | *So put another tape in the boom box, baby* | *所以再往音响里放盘磁带 宝贝* |
[07:25] | Within seconds, The Tangles stumbled upon an epic hit. | 不过几秒 纠结合唱团就写出了热门单曲 |
[07:27] | But in their excitement, no one realized | 但她们只顾着兴奋 没人意识到 |
[07:29] | how shockingly similar it was | 这和琼·杰特写的那首小歌 |
[07:31] | to a little song written by Joan Jett. | 有多么惊人地相似 |
[07:33] | *I like rockin’ out* | *我喜欢摇滚* |
[07:35] | *So come on over and jam with me* | *所以快过来和我合奏* |
[07:38] | I have chills! | 我起鸡皮疙瘩了 |
[07:40] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[07:41] | Am I crazy, or is this a hit song? | 是我疯了 还是这歌能火 |
[07:42] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[07:43] | You are not crazy. It’s bad-ass… | 你没疯 歌太棒了 |
[07:45] | Like, oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[07:46] | …and totally defines The Tangles. | 绝对能代表纠结合唱团 |
[07:48] | Okay, I wasn’t gonna mention this in case we sucked, | 我本来担心我们水平差所以不想说 |
[07:50] | but now that we’re amazing, I think it’s time | 但既然现在我们这么棒 我想是时候 |
[07:52] | I make a call and get us a gig at CBGB’s. | 打通电话让我们去CBGB酒吧演出了 |
[07:54] | – What?! – What?! | -什么 -什么 |
[07:56] | My Uncle Louie’s a bookie who knows the booker. | 我叔叔路易是演出登记人的赌马经纪人 |
[07:59] | Your uncle’s the booker’s bookie | 你叔叔是最棒的摇滚俱乐部 |
[08:00] | at the grittiest rock club in the world? | 演出登记人的赌马经纪人 |
[08:02] | Guys, playing New York has been my dream | 姑娘们 从我们今天上午组成乐队后 |
[08:04] | ever since we got together this morning. | 在纽约演出就是我的梦想 |
[08:06] | We got to make a bunch of fliers | 我们得印好多传单 |
[08:07] | and rent a van for all our gear. | 租辆货车放乐器 |
[08:08] | Plus we need to make some super-cute merch | 还得做些超可爱的周边产品 |
[08:10] | that our fans will demand. | 粉丝们会吵着要的 |
[08:11] | We’re gonna need money and lots of it. | 我们需要很多很多钱 |
[08:13] | I’ll cash in my meal card. | 我把饭卡里的钱提现 |
[08:14] | It’s like every decision we make continues to be perfect. | 我们做的每个决定都好完美 |
[08:17] | Ooh, Tangles forever! | 纠结合唱团到永远 |
[08:20] | Let’s go. | 动起来 |
[08:22] | Look that ball in the face and catch it! | 正面盯着球接住它 |
[08:25] | – No flinching! – Rick, we need to talk. | -不准躲 -瑞克 我们得谈谈 |
[08:28] | Lemme guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[08:28] | Barry’s throwing out the first pitch and you’re worried. | 巴瑞要投第一球 你很担忧 |
[08:31] | – Oh, you know about the pitch? – Everyone does. | -你知道投球的事 -所有人都知道 |
[08:33] | He got on the P.A. and assured us we’d all be forgotten | 他在校广播上确保我们都知道 |
[08:35] | when he becomes a Major League star. | 他成为大联盟球星后会忘记我们 |
[08:37] | Well, he is throwing out a ball in front of Mike Schmidt, so… | 他会在迈克·施密特面前投球 |
[08:40] | there’s a small chance, right? | 还是有很小的机会能成的对吗 |
[08:42] | Wrong. | 不对 |
[08:43] | You see that boy right there? | 看见那边那个男生了吗 |
[08:45] | That’s Ruben Amaro Jr., baseball star, | 那是鲁本·阿马洛二世 棒球明星 |
[08:48] | recruited nationally and currently dominating | 得到全国各大学的招募 目前正在 |
[08:50] | seven of his peers with the sheer power of his rifle arm. | 用他步枪般的手臂狂虐七名同学 |
[08:55] | And yet his chances of making it to the pros are almost zero. | 然而他进入职业赛的几率几乎是零 |
[08:58] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[08:59] | If anybody can do it, it’s you, Ruben! | 要说有谁能做到的话肯定是你 鲁本 |
[09:01] | So if Ruben might not be a Philly, | 如果鲁本都可能进不了费城人队 |
[09:03] | what’s the best case for Barry here? | 那巴瑞最好的可能性是什么 |
[09:05] | Best case? | 最好的可能性 |
[09:06] | Barry uncorks a wild pitch and blinds a peanut vendor. | 巴瑞远远投出一球打瞎了卖花生的小贩 |
[09:10] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[09:11] | Murray usually destroys the kids’ dreams, | 默里通常会破坏孩子们的梦想 |
[09:13] | but for some reason, this one time, he’s on board. | 但出于某种原因 这次他却很支持 |
[09:16] | Well, unfortunately, your husband is suffering from | 不幸的是 你丈夫的症状 |
[09:19] | what we in the athletic community call “Sports goggles.” | 在我们体育界被称为”体育护目镜” |
[09:21] | I heard something crack inside of me. | 我听到体内有什么地方骨折了 |
[09:24] | “Sports goggles” are when a father gets | “体育护目镜”是当一位父亲 |
[09:26] | so swept up by the promise of his son’s athleticism, | 因为他儿子的体育前途太过兴奋 |
[09:29] | he’s unable to see his own child’s limitations. | 无法看到他孩子的极限 |
[09:31] | Interesting. I have never heard of that. | 真有趣 我从没听说过这说法 |
[09:34] | Well, it’s not unlike the thick “Mom goggles” | 和你的”老妈护目镜”差不多 |
[09:36] | that you strap on every day that prevents you from seeing | 你每天都戴上护目镜 让你看不到 |
[09:38] | the staggering mediocrity of your children. | 你的孩子们有多么平庸 |
[09:41] | Please. I would never be so blind | 拜托 我永远不会盲目到 |
[09:43] | as to think that Barry could become a Philly. | 认为巴瑞可能加入费城人队 |
[09:46] | A professional model, sure, or doctor | 专业模特的话没问题 或者医生 |
[09:48] | or doctor-model. | 或者医生模特 |
[09:49] | The point is, you got to get those | 重点是 你得让你丈夫 |
[09:51] | sports goggles off your husband. | 摘掉那副体育护目镜 |
[09:52] | But how? | 但我怎么忍心 |
[09:53] | This is the first time I’ve ever seen that light in his eyes. | 这是我第一次在他眼中看到那种亮光 |
[09:56] | If you really love your son, | 如果你真的爱你儿子 |
[09:58] | you better figure out a way to snuff that light out. | 你最好想办法把他眼中的光灭了 |
[10:00] | I’d like to go back to band now. | 我想回鼓号队了 |
[10:03] | No flinching! | 不准躲 |
[10:05] | My mom was determined | 我妈下定决心 |
[10:06] | to protect Barry from becoming a laughingstock, | 要保护巴瑞 不让他成为笑柄 |
[10:08] | and so began her mission to shut down the big pitch. | 于是她开始了阻止投球的任务 |
[10:11] | Murray, we have a major issue we have to talk about right now. | 默里 我们有个重大问题需要立刻谈谈 |
[10:13] | Sure thing. | 没问题 |
[10:14] | Just need another 20 minutes for the lotion to settle in. | 再等二十分钟让乳液吸收就好 |
[10:17] | What am I looking at? | 我眼前的是什么景象 |
[10:18] | Why is this happening? | 为什么会发生这一幕 |
[10:19] | My pitching coach is loosening up the ‘ol slingshot | 我的投球教练正在放松我的大弹弓 |
[10:22] | so I can show Tug McGraw what’s what. | 好让我能给塔格·麦格罗[投手]开开眼 |
[10:24] | And you’re gonna be doing it in style. | 你投球时还会很时髦 |
[10:30] | Is that what I think it is?! | 这是我认为的东西吗 |
[10:31] | A Phillies jersey? | 费城人队球衣 |
[10:33] | I can’t wait to call all my friends and tell them. | 我等不急给朋友们打电话告诉他们了 |
[10:35] | – It’s nothing. – No, Dad. | -没什么的 -不 爸 |
[10:37] | You made me the happiest boy in the world. | 你让我成为了世界上最开心的男孩 |
[10:39] | You know, I always had a dream… | 要知道 我一直都梦想 |
[10:41] | Mur? Really gotta talk. | 老默 咱俩真的得谈谈 |
[10:43] | …to one day pitch for the Phillies | 有一天能为费城人队投球 |
[10:45] | – and that never happened. – Really gotta talk. | -结果从没实现 -真的需要谈谈 |
[10:47] | And now, with you? You never know. | 现在你有机会 没准能成 |
[10:49] | We don’t know, do we? | 真的说不准 对吗 |
[10:51] | And that’s why I’m here. | 我就是为了说这个 |
[10:53] | I have some information that suggests | 我有些信息表明 |
[10:54] | we know more than we think we do — | 我们对能不能说准心里有数 |
[10:56] | Oh, God, I see Murray tears. | 老天 我看到默里的眼泪了 |
[10:57] | I can’t help it! | 我忍不住 |
[10:58] | No, don’t you cry. | 不 不准哭 |
[11:00] | If you cry, I’ll cry. | 你哭的话我也会哭 |
[11:01] | I’m just so damn proud. You know what? | 我太骄傲了 你知道吗 |
[11:04] | Talk to your mom. Let me get my bearings. | 跟你妈聊会 让我镇静一下 |
[11:06] | I — I just — | 我 我只是… |
[11:08] | I wanted to tell Barry, uh… | 我想告诉巴瑞 |
[11:12] | Don’t pitch. | 别投 |
[11:15] | Did you just call me a “Dumb bitch”? | 你刚刚骂我是”傻婊”吗 |
[11:17] | No, I said “Don’t pitch.” | 不 我说”别投” |
[11:19] | What? That’s even worse! | 什么 那更糟 |
[11:20] | Look, I spoke to Coach Mellor. | 我和梅勒教练聊过了 |
[11:22] | He said the most likely outcome here | 他说这件事最好的结果 |
[11:24] | is that you’ll be a city-wide pariah. | 就是你成为全城人的谈资 |
[11:26] | The fish that have teeth? Yes! | 有牙的那种鱼 太棒了 |
[11:28] | They’re the sharks of the river. | 它们就像河里的鲨鱼 |
[11:29] | Not “piranha,” Barry. | 不是”食人鱼”[谐音] 巴瑞 |
[11:31] | I’m saying you’ll be a laughingstock. | 我是说你会成为笑柄 |
[11:34] | This is just so typical of you. | 你总是这样 |
[11:36] | Beverly Goldberg — always stepping on her kids’ dreams. | 贝弗莉·金伯格 永远践踏孩子们的梦想 |
[11:39] | No, I do the opposite! Everyone knows that! | 不 我正相反 所有人都知道 |
[11:42] | Murray, back me up here. | 默里 帮我说两句 |
[11:43] | I have to side with Bar on this one. | 这次我得站在小巴这边 |
[11:45] | You know, if I don’t support his talent, | 要知道 如果我不支持他的天赋 |
[11:48] | then I have failed as a father. | 我这个父亲就太失败了 |
[11:50] | No! That’s the thing that I say. | 不 那是我总说的话 |
[11:52] | “I failed as a mother.” | “我这个母亲太失败了” |
[11:53] | You said it, not me. | 是你说的 不是我 |
[11:57] | What’s up, Manhattan?! | 你们好吗 曼哈顿 |
[11:58] | We are The Tangles! | 我们是纠结合唱团 |
[12:00] | I’m dating the lead singer and I took a bus up here | 我在和主唱约会 我眨眼间 |
[12:02] | at the drop of a hat ’cause I wanted to be supportive! | 就乘巴士过来因为我想支持她 |
[12:04] | – We’re gonna play now. – I love you. | -我们要演奏了 -我爱你 |
[12:06] | A-two, three, four! | 二 三 四 |
[12:10] | *I’m out here livin’ on my own and it’s the dream* | *我独自在这生活 梦想成真* |
[12:15] | *Nobody screaming at me to keep my bedroom clean* | *没人对我大吼叫我清理房间* |
[12:19] | With that, The Tangles | 就这样 纠结合唱团 |
[12:20] | unleashed their hit single. | 放出了第一首热门单曲 |
[12:22] | It was catchy, it was rocking, | 上口 摇滚 |
[12:24] | and it was already a Joan Jett song. | 而且是琼·杰特已经写过的歌 |
[12:26] | *I enjoy rockin’ out* | *我喜欢摇滚* |
[12:28] | *So put another tape in the boom box, baby* | *所以再往音响里放盘磁带 宝贝* |
[12:31] | *I enjoy rockin’ out* | *我喜欢摇滚* |
[12:33] | *So let’s go to Sam Goody and buy a CD* | *所以让我们去音像店买CD* |
[12:36] | You gotta stop. | 别唱了 |
[12:38] | Is it ’cause we’re too good? | 因为我们太棒了吗 |
[12:39] | Are you gonna sign us right here in the middle of the song? | 歌还没唱完你就要签我们 |
[12:41] | No. This club has a strict policy. | 不 俱乐部有严格规定 |
[12:43] | – No cover bands. – What? | -不要翻唱乐队 -什么 |
[12:45] | But this is a totally original song that we wrote ourselves. | 但这是我们自己写的完全原创的歌 |
[12:48] | Uh, babe. | 宝贝 |
[12:49] | You know I totally love everything you do, | 你知道你做什么我都爱得不行 |
[12:50] | but that was clearly “I Love Rock n’ Roll”. | 但这显然是《我爱摇滚》 |
[12:52] | No way! | 不可能 |
[12:53] | That songs goes…*I love rock ‘n’ roll* | 那首是这么唱的 *我爱摇滚* |
[12:56] | *So put another dime in the jukebox, baby* | *所以再往点唱机里投枚硬币 宝贝* |
[12:58] | Ours goes… | 我们的是… |
[12:59] | *I enjoy rockin’ out* | *我喜欢摇滚* |
[13:02] | *So put another tape in the boom –* | *所以再往音响里放盘…* |
[13:05] | We ripped off Joan Jett. | 我们抄袭了琼·杰特 |
[13:06] | Yeah. That’s why it sounded so familiar. | 是的 所以才听起来这么耳熟 |
[13:09] | Okay, well… | 那好 |
[13:11] | that happens, but you know what? | 事已至此 但你们知道吗 |
[13:13] | We promise, there is no band | 我们保证 没有乐队 |
[13:14] | as groundbreaking as The Tangles. | 像纠结合唱团这样具有开创性 |
[13:16] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[13:17] | Now that you say it out loud, | 现在听你这么说 |
[13:18] | our name sounds a lot like The Bangles. | 我们的名字听起来和手镯合唱团很像 |
[13:20] | – Also true. – Okay. | -也没错 -好吧 |
[13:21] | Well, aside from ripping off our song and name, | 除了抄袭歌曲和乐队名 |
[13:24] | our style and look is totally original. | 我们的造型是完全原创的 |
[13:27] | You do realize that you’re all dressed like Madonna, right? | 你明白你们都穿得像麦当娜一样对吗 |
[13:30] | You’re supposed to be on our side, Uncle Louie! | 你本该站在我们这边的 路易叔叔 |
[13:32] | Just play something else. | 弹点别的 |
[13:34] | Stop pressuring us. I am freaking out. | 别给我们施压了 我要抓狂了 |
[13:37] | Okay, don’t freak out. We got this, girls. | 别抓狂 我们能行 姑娘们 |
[13:39] | Two, three, four. | 二 三 四 |
[13:42] | We got nothin’. | 我们什么也不会 |
[13:44] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[13:46] | As The Tangles flamed out, | 在纠结合唱团灭火时 |
[13:47] | my brother’s baseball career was heating up and that meant | 我哥的棒球生涯正在升温 那意味着 |
[13:49] | locking down the perfect look for his Topps trading card. | 敲定他在棒球交换卡上的最佳姿势 |
[13:52] | But not everyone around him was stoking the flames. | 但他身边也有人没在火上浇油 |
[13:54] | Whatcha boys doing? | 你们在做什么 |
[13:56] | We’re working on some poses for our rookie baseball card. | 我们在练习新秀棒球卡的姿势 |
[13:59] | I like the stance. Very rugged. | 我喜欢这个站姿 很粗犷 |
[14:02] | Only people who believe in me | 只有相信我的人 |
[14:03] | are allowed to comment on how rugged this stance is. | 才允许评论我的站姿有多粗犷 |
[14:06] | About that. I’m sorry I panicked. | 关于这点 很抱歉我之前慌了 |
[14:09] | Of course I believe in you, boopie. | 我当然相信你 宝贝 |
[14:11] | In fact, I bought you some balls | 事实上 我给你买了些棒球 |
[14:13] | so Mama can see that arm cannon. | 让妈妈看看大炮般的手臂 |
[14:14] | All right, 17. Go get your glove. | 好 17号 拿手套去 |
[14:16] | Wow, we haven’t had a game of catch | 自从我因为丢球棒 |
[14:18] | since I got kicked out of t-ball for throwing the bat. | 被踢出儿童棒球队后 我们就没玩过接球 |
[14:20] | You put some hot sauce on that one. | 你这球投得真带劲 |
[14:23] | Here comes some cheese with extra hot sauce. | 接下来这球会更带劲 |
[14:25] | See, Bevy? Kid’s a natural. | 瞧 贝弗 这孩子是天生好手 |
[14:27] | He really is. | 还真是 |
[14:28] | You know, I cannot wait to watch you pitch | 要知道 我等不急看你 |
[14:30] | from 60 feet, 6 inches. | 站在十八米外投球了 |
[14:32] | Why would we do that? | 为什么要站那么远 |
[14:34] | ‘Cause that’s how far the mound is from home plate. | 因为投球墩和本垒间就是那么远 |
[14:37] | I-I thought they just threw from where it feels right. | 我以为投手想站在哪投都行 |
[14:39] | Come on. You got this. Back it up. | 别这样 你能行 后退 |
[14:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:45] | Go back a little further, schmoopie. | 再远点 宝贝 |
[14:48] | Okay, halfway there. | 好了 走到一半了 |
[14:50] | Ah, keep going. Almost there. | 接着走 快到了 |
[14:53] | And stop. | 停 |
[14:55] | Oh, I forgot I marked it with tape. | 我忘了我用胶带标好了 |
[14:58] | Anyway, let ‘er rip! | 总之 投球吧 |
[15:01] | Man, looks closer on TV! | 在电视上看没这么远 |
[15:03] | You got this, 17! | 你能行 17号 |
[15:05] | Smoke it in here! Let’s go! | 快投过来 来吧 |
[15:10] | It’s got the height! I just need control! | 高度有了 控制好就行 |
[15:13] | – Just a warm-up. – Are you sure it’s this far?! | -只是热身 -你确定有这么远吗 |
[15:16] | Kind of seems like it’d be very taxing | 这似乎会对投手的胳膊 |
[15:19] | on a pitcher’s arm! | 造成很大负担 |
[15:20] | No, that’s right. I looked it up in the library. | 没错 我去图书馆查过了 |
[15:22] | Okay. | 那好 |
[15:24] | Here comes the heat for real this time. | 这次要动真格了 |
[15:33] | This is bad. | 太糟糕了 |
[15:35] | Yes, it is. | 没错 |
[15:38] | When I throw, I feel God’s power! | 我投球时能感到上帝的神力 |
[15:41] | We can’t let him do this. | 我们不能让他去 |
[15:43] | We’re fxxxxx. | 我们完犊子了 |
[15:44] | My dad finally saw the light. | 我爸终于看清了真相 |
[15:46] | As for The Tangles, they were facing their dark future. | 至于纠结合唱团 她们面对着黑暗的未来 |
[15:49] | I don’t know what’s worse. | 我不知道哪点更糟 |
[15:50] | The fact that we bombed so hard | 是我们彻底搞砸了 |
[15:51] | or the fact that we blew all our money on merch. | 还是我们把钱都用来做周边产品了 |
[15:53] | Way to make a splash, rock stars! | 真会引起轰动 摇滚巨星 |
[15:56] | Geoff, I love you, | 杰夫 我爱你 |
[15:57] | but please don’t try to spin this disaster. | 但请不要试图扭转这个灾难 |
[15:59] | Okay, so you got a little ambitious, | 你不过是野心大了点 |
[16:00] | but forget about the merch. | 忘了周边产品吧 |
[16:01] | At the end of the day, you’re still in college | 归根结底 你还在读大学 |
[16:03] | with a roof over your head and food in your tummy. | 有瓦遮头 有饭吃 |
[16:06] | I cashed in my meal plan. | 我把饭卡都提现了 |
[16:07] | Uh-huh, that makes sense, but why would you do that? | 有道理 但你为什么要这么做 |
[16:09] | But it’s fine because it’s all about the sacrifice. | 但没关系 因为搞乐队就要有牺牲 |
[16:12] | Just ask The Beatles. | 不信去问披头士 |
[16:13] | We failed out, which at the time made sense | 我们辍学了 当时觉得是对的 |
[16:15] | because we were gonna be rock stars. | 因为我们本要成为摇滚巨星 |
[16:17] | Say what now? | 你说什么 |
[16:20] | And… someone stole the van. | 有人偷了我们的货车 |
[16:23] | We are not good at this. | 我们真不擅长这些 |
[16:25] | My dad was desperate to protect Barry, | 我爸为了保护巴瑞不择手段 |
[16:27] | so he turned to a seasoned athletic scrub — me. | 于是他来找资深体育废柴 我 |
[16:30] | Hey, pal. Looking spry. | 伙计 精神满满啊 |
[16:32] | It’s a Power Pad. | 这是跳舞毯 |
[16:33] | Look at my son, the sports nut. | 瞧我儿子 努力做运动 |
[16:35] | It’s more like tap-dancing than sports. | 比起运动这更像踢踏舞 |
[16:36] | So it’s settled. | 就这么定了 |
[16:37] | You’re gonna take the pitch from Barry. | 你替巴瑞去投球 |
[16:39] | Good talking to you, pal. | 聊得真开心 伙计 |
[16:41] | Stop! | 站住 |
[16:42] | Wha– I-I can’t throw an actual ball in public. | 什么 我不能当众投球 |
[16:45] | Come on. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime. | 别这样 这可是千载难逢的机遇 |
[16:47] | An opportunity of a lifetime I don’t want. | 我不想要的千载难逢的机遇 |
[16:50] | Mom, help me out! | 妈 帮我说两句 |
[16:51] | Don’t make me do this opportunity of a lifetime, please. | 别让我去这个千载难逢的机遇 拜托 |
[16:54] | So help me, if you don’t take | 我向天发誓 如果你不去 |
[16:55] | this opportunity of a lifetime, | 这个千载难逢的机遇 |
[16:56] | I will ground you. | 我就禁足你 |
[16:57] | Okay, I cannot stand by | 我不能眼睁睁看着 |
[16:59] | and let this opportunity of a lifetime | 这个千载难逢的机遇 |
[17:01] | tear this family apart. | 让我家四分五裂 |
[17:02] | Let’s just give this godforsaken | 我们把这个该死的 |
[17:04] | opportunity of a lifetime back. | 千载难逢的机遇还回去 |
[17:06] | You can’t just give it back. | 你不能还回去 |
[17:07] | It’s the opportunity of a lifetime. | 这可是千载难逢的机遇 |
[17:10] | Opportunity of a lifetime? I’m intrigued. | 千载难逢的机遇 我有兴趣 |
[17:13] | Great. Al will throw out the first pitch at the Phillies’ game. | 太好了 老艾会在费城人队比赛投第一球 |
[17:15] | Oh, God, no. | 老天 不要 |
[17:17] | What kind of a ferkokte opportunity is this? | 这算哪门子狗屁机遇 |
[17:20] | Barry, you like baseball. | 巴瑞 你喜欢棒球 |
[17:22] | Have I got an opportunity of a lifetime for you. | 我有个千载难逢的机遇 |
[17:25] | Are you trying to give away my opportunity of a lifetime? | 你想把我千载难逢的机遇让给别人吗 |
[17:29] | Come on, Bar. | 别这样 小巴 |
[17:30] | We both know all that stuff was just talk. | 我们都知道那只是说说 |
[17:32] | But I promised I’d make you proud. | 但我保证我会让你骄傲的 |
[17:34] | I just don’t want to see you get hurt. | 我只是不想看到你受伤 |
[17:37] | Too late. | 太迟了 |
[17:44] | You know, even though we totally bombed | 要知道 尽管我们彻底搞砸了 |
[17:46] | and threw away our futures and have no money to get home, | 还丢了未来 也没钱回家 |
[17:49] | these past few days have been the most fun | 过去这几天是我上大学来 |
[17:51] | that I’ve had since going to college. | 最开心的日子 |
[17:53] | It really was like the old days, huh? | 真的像过去一样不是吗 |
[17:54] | Totally… if I were there. | 绝对的 假如那时我也在的话 |
[17:58] | Oh, I’m not — | 我不是在… |
[17:59] | No, you are. I mean, we are. | 不 你是 我们是 |
[18:03] | Be generous if you like what you hear. | 各位喜欢的话请慷慨解囊 |
[18:04] | *Beat was going strong, playing my favorite song* | *节奏很强劲 是我最喜欢的歌* |
[18:09] | What are you doing? | 你这是做什么 |
[18:10] | Getting us home. | 赚路费回家 |
[18:11] | *I could tell it wouldn’t be long* | *我知道用不了多久* |
[18:13] | *Till he was with me, yeah, me* | *他就会和我在一起 对 我* |
[18:15] | *Singing I love rock ‘n’ roll* | *唱着我爱摇滚* |
[18:19] | *So put another dime in the jukebox, baby* | *所以再往点唱机里投枚硬币 宝贝* |
[18:21] | *I love rock ‘n’ roll* | *我爱摇滚* |
[18:23] | *So come and take your time and dance with me* | *所以过来花点时间和我共舞* |
[18:28] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[18:29] | Just getting rid of this old junk. | 不过是扔一些旧破烂 |
[18:31] | Old junk? The Philly Phanatic? | 旧破烂 这可是费纳宝 |
[18:34] | You used to take this with you everywhere. | 你过去走到哪都带着它 |
[18:35] | I was a dumb kid back then. | 那时我还是个傻孩子 |
[18:37] | You do realize that if you throw out the pitch, | 你明白假如你去投球 |
[18:39] | you’ll meet this goofy green bastard in person. | 你就能见到这个绿傻子本人 |
[18:42] | Come on, we all saw what happens when I try to throw the heat. | 拜托 我们都看到我把球投成什么德行了 |
[18:44] | Look, it’s my fault. | 那是我的错 |
[18:47] | This whole baseball thing made me feel like a kid again and… | 这次棒球赛的事让我觉得我又变回了孩子 |
[18:52] | it was-it was great. | 那感觉很棒 |
[18:55] | I was living through my boy, | 我想通过你实现梦想 |
[18:57] | but I took it too far. | 但我过头了 |
[18:59] | Oh, hey. I was just walking by. | 我刚好经过 |
[19:01] | Whatcha guys talking about? | 你们在聊什么 |
[19:03] | How Dad believed in me too much | 在聊老爸过分相信我 |
[19:05] | and you didn’t believe in me at all. | 而你完全不相信我 |
[19:07] | Well, that was a shocking change of pace, | 你这矛头转得可真快 |
[19:09] | and I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:10] | But the truth is, | 但事实是 |
[19:11] | it doesn’t matter how we feel about the pitch. | 我们觉得投球会怎样并不重要 |
[19:14] | What matters is that you go for it. | 重要的是你去尝试 |
[19:16] | Just toss the ball around and have fun. | 丢丢球 玩得开心 |
[19:19] | Now that I can do. | 这我能做到 |
[19:21] | Turns out, that pitch was the opportunity of a lifetime. | 原来这球的确是千载难逢的机遇 |
[19:25] | It wouldn’t make Barry a Philly, | 它没有让巴瑞加入费城人队 |
[19:26] | but it did get him playing catch with my dad again. | 但它让巴瑞和我爸重新玩起了接球游戏 |
[19:30] | *I love rock ‘n’ roll* | *我爱摇滚* |
[19:33] | *So put another dime in the jukebox, baby* | *所以再往点唱机里投枚硬币 宝贝* |
[19:35] | *I love rock ‘n’ roll* | *我爱摇滚* |
[19:38] | *So come on, take the time and dance with me* | *所以过来花点时间和我共舞* |
[19:40] | I’m gonna make you proud, Dad. | 我会让你骄傲的 爸 |
[19:42] | You already have. | 我已经很骄傲了 |
[19:43] | Sure, I had one of those dads who wasn’t much of a dreamer, | 是的 我的老爸是那种没有梦想的人 |
[19:46] | but thanks to my brother, | 但多亏了我哥 |
[19:47] | for one night, he got to be. | 那一晚 他有了梦想 |
[19:50] | There it is. He lobbed it right in there. | 投出去了 他高高地投出去了 |
[19:53] | He was so good! Oh, he’s a natural! | 他真棒 他是天生好手 |
[19:56] | He didn’t even throw from the mound. | 他根本没站在投球墩上投 |
[19:57] | They’re gonna sign him! | 他们会签他的 |
[19:59] | They’re gonna sign my baby! | 他们会签下我的宝贝 |
[20:01] | Just let her have this. | 你就让她感动吧 |
[20:02] | – He’s a pro all right! – Yes! | -他的确是职业选手 -太棒了 |
[20:04] | *So come on, take your time and dance with me* | *所以过来花点时间和我共舞* |
[20:07] | Wow, this seems like more than enough money | 这些钱完全足够 |
[20:09] | for you to get back to school. | 让你们回学校了 |
[20:10] | I’m not going back. | 我不会回去的 |
[20:12] | This right here? This is what I want to do. | 这才是我想做的事 |
[20:15] | Well, you’re not doing it alone. | 你不会独自闯荡的 |
[20:16] | Screw it! I’m in! | 去他的 我也加入 |
[20:19] | *I love rock ‘n’ roll* | *我爱摇滚* |
[20:22] | It was official. | 正式决定了 |
[20:23] | Erica was dropping out to chase her rock-‘n’-roll fantasies. | 爱丽卡要辍学去追逐摇滚梦 |
[20:26] | That’s the thing about dreaming big — | 有远大的梦想就是这样 |
[20:28] | if you believe just enough, | 如果你的信念够强大 |
[20:30] | you can make anything a reality. | 你可以让任何梦想成真 |
[20:36] | Throwing out a ceremonial first ball | 投出仪式性第一球的是 |
[20:39] | is Barry Goldberg. | 巴瑞·金伯格 |
[20:41] | Can you imagine, though, growing up here | 你能想象在费城长大 |
[20:43] | – and you get to throw out a first pitch? – No question. | -去投第一球吗 -毫无疑问 |
[20:45] | From the Philadelphia Phillies, Michael Schmidt. | 来自费城费城人队 迈克尔·施密特 |
[20:49] | You’re throwing out a first pitch | 这可是要投第一球 |
[20:50] | to the greatest Philly that ever lived. | 给史上最伟大的费城人 |
[20:51] | I think the greatest thing about that first pitch is Barry saying | 我觉得这球最棒的部分是巴瑞说 |
[20:54] | “That’s Mike Schmidt.” | “那是迈克·施密特” |
[20:56] | I tell you what, give him credit too, he threw all right. | 其实他还真不错 投得还行 |