时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Growing up, | 成长过程中 |
[00:00] | there was nothing better than the school field trip, | 没什么比实地考察旅行更棒了 |
[00:02] | that rare opportunity to skip your classes | 平时很少能有这种不用上课 |
[00:04] | and head out on an adventure. | 出门冒险的机会 |
[00:06] | Yep, field trips were the best. | 没错 实地考察旅行最棒了 |
[00:08] | Boofaloo, come play I Spy! | 小宝贝 来玩”我看到” |
[00:10] | Unfortunately, my smother was always there. | 不幸的是 我的溺爱老妈总是一起去 |
[00:13] | I spy a handsome schmendrick | 我看到一个英俊的小宝贝 |
[00:14] | I’m gonna squeeze all the way to the Liberty Bell! | 我要一路搂着他直到独立钟 |
[00:17] | And this time, our trip was low on education | 这次 我们的旅行没什么教育意义 |
[00:19] | and high on fun! | 只在于玩乐 |
[00:20] | We were going to Hersheypark! | 我们要去好时乐园了 |
[00:22] | I can’t believe we’re finally going to Hershey, Pennsylvania! | 真不敢相信我们终于要去宾州好时乐园了 |
[00:25] | I hear the air there smells like chocolate! | 我听说那里的空气都是巧克力味 |
[00:27] | I hear the streets are paved with nougat! | 我听说路面铺满了牛轧糖 |
[00:29] | When you’re over five feet tall, you’re considered a Twizzler. | 超过一米五二的孩子都算大高个 |
[00:32] | It means we can go on any ride. | 你想玩什么设施都行 |
[00:34] | Well, we can go on any ride. | 我们想玩什么设施都行 |
[00:36] | Your mom always chaperones | 我妈总是去做监护人 |
[00:37] | and there’s no way she’ll let you loose | 她根本不可能让你独自一人 |
[00:38] | into Chocolate Town USA without her. | 在美国巧克力小镇自由玩耍 |
[00:40] | It’s your own fault, dude. | 这是你自己的错 老兄 |
[00:41] | The rest of us forced our parents | 我们所有人都在好多年前 |
[00:42] | to stop chaperoning years ago. | 就强迫父母不再做监护人了 |
[00:44] | Yeah, all you got to do is lay down | 是啊 你只需要在你妈面前 |
[00:45] | some clear boundaries with your mom. | 划下明确的界限 |
[00:48] | Is that all I got to do? | 我只需要这样就行吗 |
[00:50] | I didn’t know it was so easy! | 我不知道原来这么简单 |
[00:53] | Thank you, Clueless Chad! | 谢谢你 啥也不懂的查德 |
[00:55] | You get mean when it involves your mom. | 一牵扯到你妈 你脾气就变得好坏 |
[00:57] | My mom needs these field trips. | 我妈需要这些实地考察旅行 |
[00:58] | It’s the only school-sanctioned opportunity | 学校批准的活动中 |
[01:00] | she has left to painfully insert herself into my life. | 她仅剩这个机会能痛苦地插入我的生活 |
[01:03] | Well, I told my mom, “No more! | 我对我妈说 “够了 |
[01:04] | Dave Kim is a grown-up | 金戴夫是个成年人了 |
[01:06] | who doesn’t need his mommy on some field trip! | 不需要他妈跟他去实地考察旅行 |
[01:08] | Now sign my permission slip and lay out my clothes!” | 快帮我签家长许可再帮我把衣服选好” |
[01:10] | That would never work for Adam. | 亚当这样说永远不会奏效 |
[01:12] | All I know is that this ends today! | 我只知道一切到今天为止 |
[01:13] | I’ve waited my whole life | 我等了一生 |
[01:15] | to eat eight pounds of chocolate, | 才等到能吃七斤巧克力的一天 |
[01:16] | then ride crazy roller coasters till I hork. | 然后坐疯狂云霄飞车直到狂吐 |
[01:19] | I’m an adult man now and shall not be controlled. | 我是个成年人 拒绝被控制 |
[01:22] | It’s time I finally face Beverly Goldberg | 是时候终于面对贝弗莉·金伯格了 |
[01:25] | once and for all! | 一次性解决 |
[01:27] | You’re gonna lie to her, aren’t you? | 你打算对她说谎 对不对 |
[01:28] | Right to her face! | 眼睛都不眨地说谎 |
[01:29] | What?! | 什么 |
[01:31] | Hersheypark has been closed and our trip is off! | 好时乐园关门了 旅行取消了 |
[01:33] | Why are they trying to ruin our precious time together?! | 他们为什么要毁掉我们宝贵的共处时光 |
[01:36] | ‘Cause of the Chocolate Wars. | 因为巧克力大战 |
[01:37] | You didn’t hear about it on the news? | 你没看到新闻报道吗 |
[01:39] | No, I don’t watch the news. | 没有 我不看新闻 |
[01:40] | It aggravates your father till he throws his shoe at the TV. | 你爸总是气得最后朝电视扔鞋 |
[01:42] | It’s those Fudge Barons at Nestlé Megacorp. | 都怪那些男爵软糖和大公司雀巢 |
[01:45] | They declared an all-out war on Mr. Goodbar | 他们向好时巧克力先生发起全面战争 |
[01:47] | so they shut down the amusement park. | 所以他们关闭了主题乐园 |
[01:49] | Screw those Chocolate War-Mongers! | 让那些巧克力好战分子去死吧 |
[01:50] | I just made a fresh batch of Oooey Gooey Fudgy Chewies. | 我刚刚做了一批热乎的嚼劲软糖 |
[01:55] | These always cheer you up. | 你每次都吃得很开心 |
[01:58] | He’s good. | 他真厉害 |
[02:00] | Maybe the best. | 或许是最厉害的 |
[02:16] | It was October 17th, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的十月十七日 |
[02:18] | the night of the annual Career Fair | 威廉·佩恩高中一年一度的 |
[02:20] | at William Penn Academy… | 校园招聘会之夜 |
[02:22] | Hello, everyone, and welcome to Career Night. | 大家好 欢迎来到校园招聘会 |
[02:24] | No-one-cares! | 没人在乎 |
[02:26] | Okay, well, the joke’s on you, mysterious cougher. | 丢人的是你 神秘的咳嗦怪客 |
[02:29] | The path that you choose tonight | 你今晚选择的事业之路 |
[02:31] | will determine the rest of your lives. | 会决定你的余生 |
[02:34] | Rest of our lives? Oh, man. That sounds pretty permanent. | 余生 听起来像永久性的 |
[02:36] | Lucky for you, | 幸运的是 |
[02:37] | you have your old man’s noble profession | 你早已预定会像你老爸一样 |
[02:39] | of ophthalmology pre-selected for you. | 成为高尚的眼科医生 |
[02:41] | You’re so lucky! | 你真走运 |
[02:43] | I have tons of questions about doctoring, | 我有很多关于从医的问题要问 |
[02:45] | Mister Dr. Geoff’s Dad! | 杰夫老爸医生先生 |
[02:46] | Okay, I see how passionate you are about medicine. | 好的 我看得出你对于医学很有热情 |
[02:49] | Come by the office and see for yourself what I do. | 来诊所亲眼看看我是如何工作的 |
[02:51] | I call eyeball holder when you do a head transplant! | 你做换头手术时让我帮你拿着眼球 |
[02:55] | I know that’s not real science, | 我知道现实里没有那种技术 |
[02:56] | but I’m still gonna take a walk. | 不过我还是去四处转转吧 |
[02:59] | How’s it going? | 一切顺利吗 |
[03:00] | Well, my “rock star” booth is an obvious sham, | 我的”摇滚巨星”摊位显然是骗钱的 |
[03:02] | but I’m broke and they got free food, | 不过我破产了而他们免费提供食物 |
[03:03] | so goin’ good. You? | 所以挺顺利的 你呢 |
[03:05] | Well, my dad’s pushing me into the eyeball game, so…gross? | 我爸逼我医眼球 好恶心 |
[03:08] | Dude, you’re at a career night. | 老兄 这可是招聘会 |
[03:09] | If eye doctoring skeeves you out so much, | 假如眼科医生让你这么恶心 |
[03:10] | then go find another job. | 去找找其他工作 |
[03:12] | What? No. | 什么 不 |
[03:13] | I-I love the human eye, all squishy with its veins | 我热爱人类眼球 黏糊糊还有血管 |
[03:15] | and mysterious, disgusting rings. | 还有神秘恶心的圈圈 |
[03:17] | – Are you gonna hurl? – I might. | -你要吐了吗 -没准 |
[03:19] | – Hey, you! – Me? | -你 -我 |
[03:21] | Yeah, you! | 没错 你 |
[03:21] | The kid who ate my corn on the cob. Come here! | 吃掉我玉米棒的孩子 过来 |
[03:24] | That was one time two years ago. | 我就两年前吃了一次 |
[03:26] | How is that the only thing he remembers about me? | 怎么关于我他只记得这一件事 |
[03:27] | He really likes his corn. | 他很喜欢玉米 |
[03:29] | Why is your dad even at a school event? | 你爸究竟为什么来学校活动 |
[03:30] | He finds a few idiots to move heavy crap for free | 他找几个傻蛋免费帮他搬重物 |
[03:33] | and then he calls them interns. | 管他们叫实习生 |
[03:36] | Hey, niblets. How would you feel about interning | 玉米粒 你有没兴趣做实习生 |
[03:38] | in the exciting world of new and recycled furniture sales? | 进入卖全新或二手家具的惊奇世界 |
[03:42] | – Maybe I guess. – You’re hired. | -或许吧 -你被聘用了 |
[03:44] | And by hired, I don’t mean I’m actually paying you. | 我说聘用不是要付你薪水的意思 |
[03:45] | Geoff! Get back to the booth! | 杰夫 回摊子来 |
[03:47] | This young man’s being very disrespectful | 这个年轻人对我的解剖学眼球模型 |
[03:49] | to my anatomical eye models. | 毫不尊重 |
[03:51] | Check it out, I’m putting a giant eye in my pants! | 快看 我往裤子里塞了一个大眼珠子 |
[03:55] | Chaperones, we’ll meet here at 8:00 A.M. sharp | 监护人们 我们八点整集合 |
[03:58] | to hit the Hershey Highway before it clogs up. | 在好时公路堵车前上路 |
[04:01] | All right, grow up. | 都成熟点 |
[04:02] | What the hell, ladies and Vinny? | 搞什么 女士们和文尼 |
[04:04] | What happened to our PTA meeting? | 怎么没开家庭教师协会会议 |
[04:05] | We got bumped. | 我们被赶出来了 |
[04:07] | Mellor’s talking to all the field trip chaperones. | 梅勒在和所有实地考察旅行监护人开会 |
[04:09] | Field trip? | 实地考察旅行 |
[04:10] | Doesn’t he know the amusement park is closed indefinitely? | 他不知道主题乐园无限期关门了吗 |
[04:12] | What? The park is closed? | 什么 乐园关门了 |
[04:14] | Hello? Nestlé pulled out of the Cocoa Accords. | 拜托 雀巢搬出了可可协议 |
[04:17] | There’s been a travel advisory. | 发布了旅行警告 |
[04:18] | All non-essential personnel must steer clear. | 所有无关人士不得接近 |
[04:21] | Uh, Beverly? None of your insane words are true. | 贝弗莉 你这些疯话都不是真的 |
[04:24] | But that’s not possible. | 但那是不可能的 |
[04:26] | Adam swore to me that Reese’s was literally blown to pieces. | 亚当向我发誓里斯被炸成碎片了 |
[04:29] | Exactly. You’re the last person in the world | 没错 你是这个世界上 |
[04:31] | he wants on a field trip. | 他最不希望一起去旅行的人 |
[04:32] | But chaperoning is the one thing | 可做监护人是最后一项 |
[04:34] | I’m still allowed to be a part of! | 他还允许我参与的事 |
[04:36] | Just feel lucky you made it to 10th grade, Bev. | 你能挺到高二该觉得幸运 贝弗 |
[04:38] | Jackie cut me off in 8th grade. | 杰基初三就不准我去了 |
[04:40] | Independence Hall. | 独立大厅 |
[04:41] | 6th grade, Freedom Trail. | 初一 自由之路 |
[04:42] | 5th grade. Ben Franklin Museum. | 五年级 本·富兰克林博物馆 |
[04:44] | Dave Kim told me to go fly a kite. | 金戴夫叫我一边凉快去 |
[04:46] | For me it was 3rd grade. | 我三年级起就不能去了 |
[04:48] | My Emmy is garbage. | 我家艾米真是垃圾 |
[04:49] | But those field trips are my only window | 可实地考察旅行是我唯一的机会 |
[04:51] | into Adam’s day-to-day life. | 挤进亚当的日常生活 |
[04:53] | Without them, | 没有这些 |
[04:54] | how am I supposed to know how he’s doing in school? | 我要怎么知道他在学校过得好不好 |
[04:56] | You could just ask him when he comes home? | 你可以在他回家时问他 |
[04:58] | Please. Whenever I ask about his day, | 拜托 我问他一天过得如何时 |
[05:00] | all I get is “Muh.” | 他只哼一声 |
[05:01] | Aw, you get actual sounds? | 他还能冲你哼一声 |
[05:03] | I just get soul-destroying silence. | 我只有毁灭灵魂的沉默 |
[05:05] | Well, you may all be fine | 或许你们每天晚上 |
[05:06] | with a frosty cold “muh” at the end of your day, | 听孩子冷冰冰哼一声就能满足 |
[05:09] | but not Beverly Goldberg. | 但贝弗莉·金伯格可不是 |
[05:11] | Coach, put me down for chaperone. | 教练 登记我做监护人 |
[05:13] | But your son made it clear you’re the worst | 可你儿子说的很清楚 你人最糟糕了 |
[05:15] | and you can’t go. | 不准你去 |
[05:16] | Lucky for me, I have a way to get Adam | 幸运的是 我有办法能让亚当 |
[05:17] | to say yes to whatever I want. | 同意我想要的一切 |
[05:20] | It was true. She really did. | 没错 她的确有办法 |
[05:22] | Before parents could guilt their kids | 在家长们可以通过短信或电邮 |
[05:24] | through texts or e-mails, | 内疚绑架孩子之前 |
[05:25] | my mom used the Guilt Letter. | 我妈靠的是内疚绑架信 |
[05:27] | These passive-aggressive tirades of manipulation | 这些消极攻击的情感操控 |
[05:29] | were a true art form. | 堪称艺术 |
[05:34] | And if her words didn’t get to you, | 假如她的言语不能说动你 |
[05:35] | the mom tears on the letter sure would. | 信上的老妈伤心泪肯定能 |
[05:39] | Balls! | 糟糕 |
[05:42] | I got to admit it, Cobby, | 不得不承认 玉米棒子 |
[05:44] | you’re the best pretend intern I’ve had yet. | 你是我请过的最棒的假实习生 |
[05:46] | I didn’t realize how cool it was to run a business. | 我都不知道经营生意有这么酷 |
[05:48] | What do you mean? Your dad runs a whole eye doctoring business. | 这话什么意思 你爸就经营眼科生意 |
[05:50] | Yeah, but in our business, if we mess up, | 是啊 不过我们这门生意要是搞砸 |
[05:52] | people will never see their children again. | 患者就再也看不见他们的孩子了 |
[05:54] | The worst I can do around here is stain a loveseat. | 这里能犯的最大错不过是弄脏双人沙发 |
[05:56] | Look, I don’t want to get involved between you and your old man, | 我不想介入你和你老爸之间 |
[05:59] | mostly ’cause I don’t care, | 主要因为我不在乎 |
[06:01] | but if eyes freak you out, I wouldn’t do eyes. | 不过假如眼睛让你很害怕 就别医眼 |
[06:04] | What would I do with my life if not eye doctoring? | 我不做眼科医生这辈子能做什么 |
[06:06] | I’m not involved, but do what makes you happy | 我不介入 但做任何让你开心的事 |
[06:09] | instead of being such a pushover all the time. | 而不是这样总做软柿子 |
[06:11] | I know you’re not involved, but, oh, man, | 我知道你不介入 不过 老天 |
[06:13] | I’m suddenly rethinking my entire future! | 我突然间重新考虑了我的整个未来 |
[06:15] | Well, why don’t you think about it | 不如你一边想 |
[06:16] | while you bring that heavy-ass end table to the back room? | 一边把那个重得要死的茶几搬到里屋去 |
[06:20] | Okay, you can take your son back now! | 好了 你可以把你家儿子领回去了 |
[06:22] | He’s been shadowing me all day. | 他跟了我一整天 |
[06:24] | In fact, I learned so much, | 事实上 我学习效率超高 |
[06:25] | Dr. Lou said I don’t have to go back tomorrow! | 卢医生说我明天不用再去学习了 |
[06:27] | Or ever again. We’ll play it by ear. | 今后都不用去了 我们随机应变吧 |
[06:29] | Oh, crap, it’s my dad. Hello, Father. | 糟糕 是我爸 父亲您好 |
[06:31] | Geoffrey? Where were you all day? | 杰夫瑞 你一整天都去哪了 |
[06:32] | There was an outbreak of pink eye. | 今天红眼病大爆发 |
[06:33] | So gunky, bro. | 全是脓啊 兄弟 |
[06:34] | Ew, bummed I missed it. Ew. | 恶心 我错了真可惜 恶心 |
[06:36] | Uh, I was learning about furniture here. | 我一直在这学习家具生意 |
[06:39] | You spent the day learning another man’s trade? | 你花了一整天学习其他男人的营生 |
[06:42] | Murray, how could you betray me like this? | 默里 你怎能如此背叛我 |
[06:44] | No betrayal. I’m not involved. | 没有背叛 我没有介入 |
[06:45] | Son, the only business you need to know | 儿子 你需要了解的唯一行当 |
[06:47] | is the one I’m handing to you. | 就是我交给你的这个 |
[06:48] | But Mr. G got me thinking | 可金先生让我开始思考 |
[06:50] | that maybe I don’t want it, right? | 我或许不想做这行 对吗 |
[06:51] | Not involved. | 不介入 |
[06:53] | Don’t want it? What’s he talking about, Murray? | 不想做 他说的什么胡话 默里 |
[06:55] | Look, all I know is this wonderful mentor of mine… | 我只知道这位优秀的导师 |
[06:57] | Notvolvd! | 不介入 |
[06:58] | …told me to stick up for myself. | 告诉我为自己挺直腰板 |
[06:59] | – So, I’ll just say it. – Not involved! | -所以我就说了 -我不介入 |
[07:01] | I hereby reject all professional doctoring | 我在此拒绝所有医疗专业 |
[07:03] | and modern medicine. | 和现代医学 |
[07:04] | So what are you gonna do with your life? | 那你这辈子打算做什么 |
[07:06] | This? Furniture sales? | 做这行 卖家具吗 |
[07:07] | Notvolvd! | 不介入 |
[07:08] | I’d rather do anything than eyes! | 除了眼科我做什么都行 |
[07:11] | Maybe I’ll do computers or fitness | 或许我会做计算机或健身 |
[07:12] | or maybe I’ll just start my own food delivery service! | 或者开始自己的食品外卖服务 |
[07:15] | He wants to do food delivery | 他想送外卖 |
[07:17] | instead of helping people see, Murray? | 而不是帮助人们恢复光明 默里 |
[07:19] | Notvolvd! Come on! | 不介入 拜托 |
[07:21] | Yep, all my dad wanted was to stay out of Geoff’s business. | 没错 我爸完全不想干预杰夫的生活 |
[07:23] | Meanwhile, my mom had successfully | 与此同时 我妈成功地 |
[07:25] | guilted her way back into mine. | 靠内疚重新进入我的生活 |
[07:27] | Hi, Mama. | 妈妈 |
[07:28] | I just wanted to say sorry and all. | 我只想向你道歉 |
[07:31] | – For? – For being a bad son | -因为 -因为我是个坏儿子 |
[07:33] | and not appreciating the time you spent | 没有感激你用那么多时间 |
[07:35] | baking me in your belly. | 用肚子孕育我 |
[07:37] | And how will you make it up to me? | 你要怎样补偿我 |
[07:39] | Maybe you can chaperone the field trip? | 或许你可以做实地考察旅行监护人 |
[07:40] | I’ll have to move some things around, but I’ll be there. | 我得调整一下日程 不过我会去的 |
[07:43] | Now go. Be a boy! | 去吧 做个小男孩吧 |
[07:45] | My mom had guilted me into submission, | 我妈用内疚逼我投降 |
[07:47] | but even better, she impressed her friends. | 但更棒的是 她在朋友面前长脸了 |
[07:50] | I don’t understand. How? | 我不明白 怎么做到的 |
[07:52] | I can’t tell you that. | 我不能告诉你 |
[07:53] | So you get to participate in Adam’s school life | 所以你可以参与亚当的学校生活 |
[07:55] | as he frolics about with friends | 在他和朋友们嬉戏的时候 |
[07:56] | while the rest of us stay home and suck it? | 我们其他人只能在家干坐着 |
[07:58] | I’m sorry, Dave Kim’s mom. | 不好意思 金戴夫的妈 |
[08:00] | I just can’t risk something this huge getting out. | 我不能冒险泄露这个大秘密 |
[08:02] | I give you my word as a parent | 我想你保证 作为一名家长 |
[08:04] | and as an esteemed kindergarten teacher. | 作为一名受人尊敬的幼儿园教师 |
[08:06] | I will say nothing. | 我绝对保密 |
[08:08] | – Same here! – Ditto. | -我也是 -我也一样 |
[08:09] | Agreed. | 一样 |
[08:10] | Meet me in my basement at 1600 hours. | 下午四点在我家地下室集合 |
[08:12] | Take separate cars, don’t let anyone follow you, | 开不同的车来 别被人跟踪 |
[08:14] | and do not park on our street. | 别把车停到我家那条街上 |
[08:17] | You’re about to learn Beverly Goldberg’s biggest secret. | 你们即将学到贝弗莉·金伯格最大的秘密 |
[08:22] | Why you guys looking all shady right now? | 你们几个为什么看起来那么可疑 |
[08:23] | – Nothing! – No big secrets here. | -没什么 -没有大秘密 |
[08:25] | – We’re normal. – All good. | -我们不可疑 -一切正常 |
[08:27] | Carry on. | 继续吧 |
[08:30] | The time had come for my mom to teach her fellow parents | 是时候让我妈给她的同辈家长们 |
[08:33] | a master class in the art of manipulation. | 上一堂情感操控高级讲习班了 |
[08:36] | What I’m about to show you | 我即将给你们看的 |
[08:37] | is the most lethal and powerful weapon in a yenta’s arsenal. | 是长舌妇武器库中最致命最有力的武器 |
[08:41] | The guilt letter. | 内疚绑架信 |
[08:43] | You wrote eight pages on both sides? | 你写了八页双面的信 |
[08:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:46] | Everything you’re about to hear | 你们即将听到的一切 |
[08:47] | has been written by Beverly Goldberg and sent to her children. | 都是贝弗莉·金伯格亲笔写给她孩子们的 |
[08:52] | This is all real. | 这都是真实的 |
[08:53] | “Adam, I gave birth to you, fed and nurtured you, | “亚当 我生你喂你养育你 |
[08:55] | dried your tears, and made you the center of my universe. | 拭干你的泪 让你成为我的宇宙中心 |
[08:58] | But the way you treated me today makes me regret it all.” | 可你今天对待我的方式让我悔恨这一切” |
[09:01] | Wait, you really wrote this? | 等等 你真的写了这些 |
[09:03] | Again, every word is 100% true. | 再说一次 每个字都是百分百真实的 |
[09:05] | “I don’t know another human being on this earth | “我不知道地球上会不会有另一个人 |
[09:08] | who would treat their parent this way — | 如此对待他的父母 |
[09:10] | especially four weeks before Mother’s Day.” | 特别是还有四周就到母亲节了” |
[09:12] | That’s how you started an actual letter? | 你居然在信的开头写这些 |
[09:15] | Oh, sweet, stupid Vincent Geary. | 甜心傻大哥文森特·吉里 |
[09:17] | The opening is everything. | 开头就是一切 |
[09:19] | I call it the “Guilt Grabber.” | 我称它为”内疚开门见山” |
[09:20] | Oh, I got to write this down. | 我得抄下来 |
[09:22] | Wait. You can’t just copy what I say. | 等等 你不能抄我的 |
[09:24] | Once I teach you the basic structure, | 等我教你们基本结构后 |
[09:26] | you have to find your own spiteful voice. | 你们必须找到自己的恶意之声 |
[09:28] | You have a whole structure? | 你居然有一整套结构 |
[09:29] | Of course I do. | 当然有 |
[09:31] | Now, after the guilt grabber, | 在内疚开门见山之后 |
[09:33] | you deliver your emotionally devastating thesis, | 你交代让你情绪崩溃的论点 |
[09:36] | wherein you single them out | 在其中点名道姓 |
[09:37] | as the most ungrateful child the world has ever known. | 说他是世界上最不知感恩的孩子 |
[09:40] | “Not only am I ashamed | “我不仅因为 |
[09:42] | to have such a cruel, selfish son, | 有你这个残酷自私的儿子感到愧疚 |
[09:43] | but I may never sleep again | 我更可能永无安眠 |
[09:44] | knowing how I failed as a mother.” | 因为我作为一个母亲太失败了” |
[09:47] | My God, who writes this? | 我的天 谁会写这种话 |
[09:48] | Literally me, no joke. | 就是我 不开玩笑 |
[09:50] | Next comes the body of the letter, | 接下来是信件正文 |
[09:52] | in which you present the many hurtful specifics | 你要在其中写明许多伤人的细节 |
[09:55] | that demonstrate how much you’ve sacrificed for your baby. | 展示你为你的宝贝如何牺牲自己 |
[09:58] | “I haven’t slept since you were born | “自打你出生后我就没合过眼 |
[10:01] | and gave my whole life to you. | 我把一生都献给你 |
[10:02] | Not once did I focus on myself. | 从没有一次以自己为中心 |
[10:04] | I could have been a lawyer!” | 我本可以成为律师” |
[10:06] | Again, something I actually wrote to my children. | 再说一次 我真的写过这些给孩子们 |
[10:09] | Finally, we have the closer, | 最后 到了收尾 |
[10:11] | where you remind your children | 你提醒你的孩子们 |
[10:12] | that they, and they alone, are responsible for your early demise. | 他们是害你早死的唯一元凶 |
[10:16] | I know, Serry Mirsky. | 我知道 瑟睿·莫斯基 |
[10:18] | You finally have the tool to shame Emmy | 你终于有工具羞辱艾米 |
[10:20] | into being perfect like class valedictorian Aliza Goren. | 让她变得和优秀毕业生阿莉扎·戈伦一样 |
[10:23] | She’ll never be Aliza Goren. | 她永远不会像阿莉扎·戈伦一样 |
[10:26] | Beverly, these crazy guilt letters | 贝弗莉 这些疯狂的内疚绑架信 |
[10:28] | are a game-changer. | 能改变一切 |
[10:29] | Thank you for this amazing, hateful gift. | 谢谢你这份惊人且充满恨意的礼物 |
[10:31] | You truly are a genius of our time. | 你的确是我们这一代的天才 |
[10:33] | It’s so nice to finally be recognized. | 终于能得到赏识感觉真好 |
[10:37] | Quick, give me your paper. Let’s not waste these. | 快 把信纸给我 不要浪费了 |
[10:41] | Your father ruined my son. | 你父亲毁了我儿子 |
[10:42] | This morning, Geoffrey said | 今早 杰夫瑞说 |
[10:43] | he wanted to go to a liberal arts college like Vassar | 他想去瓦萨学院那样的文理学院 |
[10:46] | where he can find himself. | 好在那寻找自我 |
[10:47] | But you’ve mapped out the next 10 years of his life, | 可你已经为他规划好了未来的十年 |
[10:50] | which ends in him taking over your thriving practice. | 最后以他接手你兴隆的诊所告终 |
[10:53] | All I ever wanted was an apprentice who cares, | 我只想要一个有心的学徒 |
[10:55] | but now there’s no one. | 却一个接班人都没有 |
[10:56] | Geoff is as blind as a patient | 杰夫像你的病人一样盲目 |
[10:58] | who needs a penetrating keratoplasty. | 他需要穿透性角膜移植术 |
[11:00] | I know. You rearranged the entire filing system, | 就是说 你重排了整个归档系统 |
[11:02] | and my apprentice wasn’t even here to see that. | 我的学徒却根本不在这见证 |
[11:04] | This is worse than that one patient | 这太糟糕了 |
[11:06] | who had the viral eye infection of the retina. | 比那个角膜病毒性感染患者的病情还糟 |
[11:08] | Which I missed and you pointed out. | 我没诊断出来 还是靠你提醒 |
[11:10] | Thanks for that, by the way. | 顺带一提 多谢提醒 |
[11:11] | Enough is enough! | 该适可而止了 |
[11:12] | You need an apprentice. This is shameful. | 你需要一个学徒 这太让人羞愤了 |
[11:15] | I want the old Geoff back! | 我想要过去的杰夫回来 |
[11:16] | And you’ll get him back! | 你会找回过去的杰夫 |
[11:17] | As leader of the JTP, | 作为JTP的领队 |
[11:20] | he has to do exactly what I say. | 他必须按我说的做 |
[11:23] | You will do exactly what I say, Schwartz. | 你要按我说的做 施瓦茨 |
[11:25] | – No. – No? | -不要 -不要 |
[11:27] | Since when does he say no? | 他什么时候起会说不了 |
[11:29] | Since I’m done being the doormat of the JTP. | 从我不再做JTP的软柿子那时起 |
[11:31] | But that’s your role. | 可那是你的设定 |
[11:32] | Each friendship group has a doormat, | 每个朋友团都需要一个软柿子 |
[11:34] | a leader, | 一个领队 |
[11:35] | a Naked One, a tiny pocket man, | 一个裸体的 一个口袋小矮人 |
[11:37] | and a lame Matt Bradley! | 还有一个很逊的马特·布莱德利 |
[11:38] | Well, I’m done being the doormat. | 我受够总当软柿子了 |
[11:41] | I hereby change the structure of the JTP as we know it. | 我在此改变JTP已知的结构 |
[11:44] | You can’t change that! | 你不能改 |
[11:46] | It’s the structure of friendship! | 这是友情的结构 |
[11:47] | Oh, it’s changed but good. | 我这就痛改一番 |
[11:49] | And as the new leader of the JTP, | 作为JTP的新领队 |
[11:51] | I demand a piece of your Gator Gum. | 我要求你给我一块佳得口香糖 |
[11:52] | There’s only one man here | 这里只有一条汉子 |
[11:53] | who needs Gatorade magically injected into their gum | 需要魔法般注入佳得乐的口香糖 |
[11:56] | and it’s me. | 就是我 |
[11:59] | Oh, dang. Geoff just swiped some of Barry’s Gator Gum. | 见鬼 杰夫拿走了巴瑞的佳得口香糖 |
[12:02] | Oh, the Gator Gum is totally replacing | 佳得口香糖完全补充了 |
[12:03] | the vital salts and minerals in Geoff’s legs. | 杰夫的双腿所必需的盐分和矿物质 |
[12:06] | No! Stop hydrating with my Gator Gum! | 不 不要再用我的佳得口香糖补水了 |
[12:08] | Those are my electrolytes! | 那是我的电解质 |
[12:10] | Dude, he just quenched his thirst with Barry’s Gator Gum. | 哥们 他刚刚用巴瑞的佳得口香糖解了渴 |
[12:12] | Geoff is our clear leader now. | 显然现在杰夫是我们的领队 |
[12:13] | Damn right I am. | 没错 我是 |
[12:14] | I’m so freakin’ fired up right now. | 我现在充满活力 |
[12:15] | I’m gonna cut science class and go run around the park. | 我要翘掉科学课去公园跑圈 |
[12:17] | With no clear objective? | 毫无目的地跑 |
[12:19] | That’s crazy, dude. | 那太疯狂了 老兄 |
[12:20] | No. It’s new Geoff. | 不 这就是新的杰夫 |
[12:25] | New Geoff is exciting. | 新杰夫振奋人心 |
[12:27] | Yeah, man. That science lab was, like, 30% of our grade, | 没错 科学课占了我们三成学分 |
[12:29] | but new Geoff don’t care. | 不过新杰夫不在乎 |
[12:31] | And this is an act of war. | 这可是战争行为 |
[12:33] | It’s time I unleash my sister. | 是时候放出我老姐了 |
[12:37] | Hey, I wanted to — | 我想 |
[12:38] | – Barry sent you, didn’t he? – Wow, yeah. | -巴瑞让你来的 是不是 -是的 |
[12:40] | He charged into the kitchen all sweaty and angry, | 他满身汗怒气冲冲跑进厨房 |
[12:42] | and I said I would come in here just to get rid of him. | 我说为了甩掉他我会过来 |
[12:44] | Okay, well, why don’t you go tell Barry | 好吧 不如你告诉巴瑞 |
[12:45] | that new Geoff is here to stay. | 新杰夫是不会变回去的 |
[12:47] | Okay, I’m really not in the loop, so what’s happening here? | 我不太了解情况 发生什么事了 |
[12:49] | What’s happening is the new me refuses to be bossed around | 情况就是新的我拒绝被我爸 |
[12:52] | by his dad, his friends, and quite frankly, you! | 被我朋友们 还有被你使唤 |
[12:54] | Me? I’m part of this now? | 我 现在我也牵扯进来了 |
[12:56] | Yeah. I’m tired of folding your sweaters. | 是的 我不想再给你叠毛衣了 |
[12:58] | But I thought you liked the folding. | 可我以为你喜欢叠衣服 |
[12:59] | Does this answer your question? | 这能回答你的问题吗 |
[13:05] | No-go. I like new Geoff. | 行不通 我喜欢新杰夫 |
[13:07] | You like new Geoff? | 你喜欢新杰夫 |
[13:08] | New Geoff is hot. Good luck to you both. | 新杰夫很性感 祝你们俩好运 |
[13:10] | As new Geoff wasn’t backing down, | 正当新杰夫不肯退缩时 |
[13:11] | our bus full of kids and lame chaperones | 坐满孩子和很逊监护人的大巴 |
[13:14] | was pulling up to Hersheypark. | 抵达了好时乐园 |
[13:15] | Oh, you know what those chocolate kiss street lamps mean. | 你知道那些好时巧克力路灯意味着什么 |
[13:18] | We’re here! | 我们到了 |
[13:20] | It was a brutal start. But once the bus parked, | 开始很不顺 可大巴一停 |
[13:22] | we were free to explore Chocolate World | 我们就能自由探索巧克力世界 |
[13:24] | without our lame-ass par– | 不受很逊的父母 |
[13:25] | Oh, balls! They’re back again! | 糟糕 他们又回来了 |
[13:28] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[13:29] | You all said you cut your parents off from chaperoning ages ago. | 你们都说多年前就制止父母来做监护人了 |
[13:31] | I did, | 是的 |
[13:32] | but last night my mom wrote me this heartbreaking | 不过昨晚我妈给我写了封八页长 |
[13:34] | eight-page letter, and I caved. | 让人心碎的信 我就屈服了 |
[13:36] | Same here. My dad even circled his tears on the paper. | 我也是 我爸的信纸上甚至还有泪痕 |
[13:39] | My mom did the same thing. | 我妈也一样 |
[13:41] | Listen to this. | 听听这个 |
[13:41] | “And when I literally die from the disappointment, | “当我因为失望而死后 |
[13:44] | please do not visit my grave site.” “…visit my grave site.” | -请别来给我扫墓” -“给我扫墓” |
[13:47] | Lemme see those letters. | 让我看看这些信 |
[13:49] | Look. | 看 |
[13:50] | They’re all the same. | 都是一样的 |
[13:52] | See? My mom also has a hole in her heart the shape of me. | 瞧 我妈心口也有和我形状一样的洞 |
[13:55] | My mom has that same kid-shaped hole! | 我妈也有那个孩子形状的洞 |
[13:57] | This can only be the work of one woman — | 这种劣行只能出自一人之手 |
[13:59] | Beverly Goldberg. | 贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[14:01] | What are we gonna do, man? | 我们该怎么做 伙计 |
[14:02] | I can’t ever read another one of these. | 再读一封这种信我可受不了 |
[14:04] | I cried in my mom’s bosom. | 我扑在我妈胸脯哭了 |
[14:06] | Her bosom! | 她的胸脯 |
[14:08] | I’ll tell you what we’re gonna do. | 我告诉你我们怎么做 |
[14:09] | We’re gonna rise up against this reign of guilt | 我们要崛起反抗内疚的支配 |
[14:11] | and take back what is ours. | 夺回属于自己的东西 |
[14:13] | Chocolatier! | 巧克力大亨 |
[14:14] | We need chocolate-scented stationery STAT! | 我们需要有巧克力香味的文具 这就要 |
[14:16] | Time to give our parents a taste of their own guilt. | 是时候让父母们也尝尝内疚的滋味了 |
[14:22] | Alright, hit the showers or generously spray on deodorant. | 好了 去淋浴 或者喷大量除臭剂 |
[14:25] | Schwartz, got a bunch of scoop balls that need scooping, | 施瓦茨 这些铲球需要铲起来 |
[14:27] | so have at it. | 所以快铲 |
[14:28] | Nah, man. I’m good. | 不铲 |
[14:30] | – Excuse me? – I’m tired of being Mr. Pushover | -你说什么 -我受够总当软柿子 |
[14:32] | who always scoops the scoop balls after class. | 总在下课后铲铲球了 |
[14:34] | As leader of the JTP, I say Andy does it. | 作为JTP的领队 我让安迪铲 |
[14:37] | He’s not the leader of the JTP. | 他不是JTP的领队 |
[14:38] | You don’t have to do that, Andy. | 你不必照做 安迪 |
[14:39] | But Geoff said I should. | 可杰夫说我该做 |
[14:41] | Well, I say Geoff scoops the scoop balls! | 我说该让杰夫铲铲球 |
[14:43] | You scoop the scoop balls. | 你铲铲球 |
[14:44] | I’m not scooping no scoop balls! | 我才不铲铲球 |
[14:45] | Somebody scoop the scoop balls. | 谁快把铲球铲了 |
[14:46] | I’ll scoop the scoop balls, okay? | 我来铲铲球 行吗 |
[14:48] | Don’t you dare scoop the scoop balls, Matthew! | 不准你铲铲球 马修 |
[14:50] | Fine! You’ll all scoop the scoop balls! | 好吧 你们都铲铲球 |
[14:52] | Or better yet, motherfucxxx, | 或者这样更好 王八犊子 |
[14:54] | why don’t you scoop my xxxxx? | 不如你来铲爷胯下的球 |
[14:58] | Never in all my years in the gymanatorial arts | 我从事体育艺术这么多年 |
[15:00] | have I ever been so blatantly disrespected. | 从没受到过这种公然冒犯 |
[15:02] | I expected more from you, Mr. Schwartz. | 你太让我失望了 施瓦茨 |
[15:04] | Anything to say before I decide your punishment? | 在我决定如何罚你之前还有什么想说的吗 |
[15:07] | Yeah. Why am I here? | 有 为什么叫我来 |
[15:09] | The kid’s got his own dad. Call him. | 这孩子自己有爸 给他打电话 |
[15:11] | Yeah, but he’s busy, and he’ll be so mad. | 可他很忙 而且会很生气 |
[15:13] | But I’m busy and I’m mad. | 可我也很忙很生气 |
[15:15] | You’re mad? My jaw is seizing up with anger. | 你生气 我的下巴都因为愤怒卡住了 |
[15:17] | Dang it, Rick. You got to chew some Gator Gum | 该死的 瑞克 像个成年人一样 |
[15:19] | like a grown man and calm the heck down. | 嚼点佳得口香糖 冷静一样 |
[15:21] | – Follow me. – Oh, geez. | -跟我来 -老天 |
[15:23] | What the hell’s wrong with you? | 你这是抽什么疯 |
[15:24] | Look, you’re the one who set me on this new path. | 是你让我走上这条新道路的 |
[15:27] | We both agreed I’m not involved in any of this. | 我们已经达成一致了 我全然不介入 |
[15:30] | Just saying you’re not involved doesn’t make you not involved. | 说你不介入不代表你真的没介入 |
[15:32] | Look, I got my own idiot kids to worry about. | 我有自家白痴孩子要担心 |
[15:35] | And you, you got a great dad who wants you to be a doctor. | 你有个很好的父亲 希望你成为医生 |
[15:38] | You’re the only one who let me be me, | 只有你让我做自己 |
[15:40] | and now even you’re taking it back. | 现在哪怕你也想把话收回去 |
[15:42] | Thanks for nothing. | 多谢你的毫无帮助 |
[15:46] | It was time for us to take some sweet revenge | 轮到我们对监护人父母们 |
[15:48] | on our chaperone parents. | 展开甜蜜的复仇了 |
[15:50] | – Sup. – Sup yourselves. | -咋样 -你咋样 |
[15:52] | Uh, it is our job as chaperones to make sure you stay safe, | 我们监护人的职责是确保你们安全 |
[15:56] | and that extends to sugar consumption. | 也延伸到监管你们吃多少糖 |
[15:58] | Then it’s a good thing we no longer accept you | 正好 我们不再接受 |
[16:00] | as school chaperones. | 你们作校方监护人 |
[16:01] | “Mother, I have clearly failed as a son.” | “母亲 作为儿子我显然太失败了” |
[16:04] | – What the hell is this? – It’s a guilt letter, | -这是什么鬼东西 -是内疚绑架信 |
[16:06] | like the ones you taught your friends to write. | 和你教你朋友们写得一样 |
[16:08] | – They know! – You know? | -他们知道了 -你知道了 |
[16:09] | We all know. | 我们都知道了 |
[16:10] | Chad Hayward Kremp, please. | 埃西·海沃德·卡普 拜托 |
[16:11] | Think of me lying in my grave site. | 想像一下横尸墓中的我 |
[16:13] | That’s my line. | 那是我的词 |
[16:15] | What she said, but for me in my grave site. | 和她说得一样 不过是我横尸自己墓中 |
[16:17] | Sorry, ladies and Vinny. | 抱歉 女士们和文尼 |
[16:19] | This field/guilt trip is over. | 这次实地兼内疚旅行结束了 |
[16:22] | We had an agreement. | 我们说好的 |
[16:23] | You were supposed to write your own letters, | 你们写自己的信 |
[16:25] | but then you go and copy mine?! | 可你们居然全抄我的 |
[16:26] | I tried to write my own, Beverly. | 我试过自己写 贝弗莉 |
[16:28] | I just couldn’t be a scathing guilt monster like you. | 我就是无法变成你这样伤人的内疚怪物 |
[16:30] | If you don’t mind, | 假如你不介意 |
[16:31] | we’re gonna head out to Chocolate Town USA. | 我们要去美国巧克力小镇了 |
[16:33] | Enjoy waiting on the boiling hot bus. | 好好坐在滚烫的大巴里等我们吧 |
[16:37] | This is not the bus! | 这可不是大巴 |
[16:39] | I’m not riding my first roller coaster with my mom! | 我第一次云霄飞车才不要和老妈一起坐 |
[16:41] | We need to talk about your letter. | 我们得谈谈你的信 |
[16:42] | My letter?! | 我的信 |
[16:43] | You’re the one who’s manipulated me for years, | 是你情感操控了我多年 |
[16:45] | and is that creaking normal? | 这个嘎吱声正常吗 |
[16:47] | That’s because you were shutting me out of your life, | 那是因为你把我赶出了你的生活 |
[16:48] | and, oh, we keep climbing. | 我们怎么还在升高 |
[16:50] | Of course I shut you out! I’m a teenager! | 我当然要把你赶出去 我是青少年 |
[16:52] | And yeah, this is higher than I thought. | 是啊 比我想象得要高 |
[16:54] | Here, hold my hand. Let Mama protect you. | 来 握住我的手 让妈妈保护你 |
[16:56] | Please, I’m gonna be just fine! | 拜托 我不会有事的 |
[16:58] | I’m gonna die, aah! | 我要没命了 |
[17:02] | I am so angry and upside down! | 我好生气 还大头朝下 |
[17:05] | Where’s the ground?! | 地面在哪 |
[17:06] | Aah, I was dead just now! I’m so scared! | 我刚刚死过去了 我好害怕 |
[17:09] | Well, I’m loving every moment of thi- | 我可是在享受每分每 |
[17:12] | Help! We need the coaster police! | 救命 我们需要过山车警卫队 |
[17:16] | Where am I?! | 我在哪 |
[17:19] | I’m so furious but I forget why! | 我好气愤可是想不起为什么了 |
[17:23] | I’m blind! | 我瞎了 |
[17:24] | I am blind! | 我瞎了 |
[17:28] | So are we good? Did we resolve this? | 我们和好了吗 解决问题了吗 |
[17:29] | Maybe! I don’t know anything anymore! | 或许吧 我啥也不知道了 |
[17:32] | Yes, I agree, and I love you, too. | 我同意 还有我好爱你 |
[17:34] | Yeah, even though I blacked out from terror, | 是啊 尽管我因为恐惧昏厥了 |
[17:36] | I was still super fired up. | 我仍然十分气愤 |
[17:38] | Adam, wait. | 亚当 等等 |
[17:41] | I’ve given you four hours of bus ride to cool off — | 我在大巴上给了你四小时让你冷静 |
[17:43] | Trust me, that’s not nearly enough. | 相信我 这点时间根本不够 |
[17:45] | Okay, so maybe it was a mistake for me | 好吧 或许是我错了 |
[17:48] | to force my way on this trip. | 不该强迫加入这次旅行 |
[17:49] | Of course it was! | 当然是你错了 |
[17:50] | My God, every other parent | 我的天 所有其他家长 |
[17:52] | was fine not to chaperone. | 都能接受不做监护人 |
[17:54] | Why not you? | 你为什么不行 |
[17:55] | Adam, when you were little, I was your everything. | 亚当 在你小时候 我是你的一切 |
[17:58] | I’d hold your hand when I’d walk you into school, | 我送你进学校时会握着你的手 |
[18:00] | and you’d cry when I left. | 我走时你会哭 |
[18:03] | Now when you walk through that door in the morning, | 如今你在早上离开家门时 |
[18:06] | you’re just gone. | 就那么走了 |
[18:08] | And when you come home, I get nothing. | 当你回家来 我们也毫无交流 |
[18:09] | C’mon, I tell you stuff. | 别这样 我有和你聊天 |
[18:11] | Please. At best I get a “muh.” | 拜托 你最多不过冲我哼一声 |
[18:14] | That’s why I write the letters, | 所以我才写那些信 |
[18:16] | so I can hear more, hear anything. | 好让我能听到一些反馈 任何反馈 |
[18:19] | Okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[18:20] | I promise to give you more than a “muh” | 我保证以后不只哼一声 |
[18:22] | if you promise to stop with your crazy mom manifestos. | 假如你保证不再写那些疯狂的老妈宣言 |
[18:26] | Guess I could cut back a little. | 我想我可以收敛一下 |
[18:28] | With you — I still have plenty of hurtful things | 只对你 我仍然有很多伤人的话 |
[18:31] | to say to Barry and Erica. | 可以巴瑞和爱丽卡说 |
[18:32] | That day, me and my mom were finally seeing eye to eye, | 那天 我和我妈终于达成了共识 |
[18:36] | and my dad decided to help someone | 而我爸决定帮助某个人 |
[18:38] | see things more clearly. | 更清楚地看待人生 |
[18:40] | If you’re here for a discounted eye exam, forget it. | 假如你是来享有折扣眼部检查的 没门 |
[18:42] | Not today. | 今天不是 |
[18:44] | I just thought maybe we could talk. | 我只是觉得或许我们可以谈谈 |
[18:45] | What’s to talk about? | 有什么可谈的 |
[18:46] | Geoff was in trouble and called you, not me. | 杰夫有麻烦时给你打了电话 而不是我 |
[18:49] | Look, I’m far from the kind of guy | 我可不是那种 |
[18:51] | who should be giving parenting advice, | 适合给人育儿建议的人 |
[18:53] | but I have learned | 但我曾经学到过 |
[18:54] | you can’t plan your kid’s life for them. | 你不能为孩子们计划人生 |
[18:56] | It’s just always been my dream | 只不过让他接我的班 |
[18:58] | for him to follow in my footsteps. | 一直是我的梦想 |
[19:00] | I get it, but is it his dream? | 我理解 但这是他的梦想吗 |
[19:03] | I guess not. | 我想不是 |
[19:05] | For what it’s worth, whatever Geoff does with his life, | 无论如何 无论杰夫选择哪条人生道路 |
[19:07] | I know he’s gonna be amazing at it. | 我知道他都会做得很好 |
[19:08] | He’s a good egg. | 他是个好孩子 |
[19:10] | Tell you the truth, your son’s not so bad, either. | 跟你说实话 你儿子也很不错 |
[19:13] | Barry? | 巴瑞 |
[19:14] | You know, he’s fantastic with the patients. | 要知道 他和病患相处得很好 |
[19:17] | Kid’s gonna be a hell of a doctor. | 那孩子会成为好医生的 |
[19:19] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[19:21] | But I don’t want to get involved. | 但我不想介入 |
[19:27] | I see you’re back to folding my sweaters. | 看来你又回来给我叠毛衣了 |
[19:29] | Yeah. The whole, uh, new Geoff thing, | 是啊 这个什么新杰夫 |
[19:32] | it’s just not who I am. | 并不是真正的我 |
[19:33] | Look, you don’t know who you are, and that’s okay, | 你不知道你是谁 那也没关系 |
[19:35] | ’cause I don’t know who I am, either. | 因为我也不知道我是谁 |
[19:37] | C’mon, you’ve got it all figured out. | 拜托 你把一切都计划好了 |
[19:39] | Dude, I have no idea what I’ll end up doing with my life. | 我根本不知道这辈子最后会做什么 |
[19:42] | All I can do is follow my heart. | 我唯一能做的就是追随我的心 |
[19:44] | And I love seeing you finally doing the same. | 见到你也终于这样做了我很高兴 |
[19:47] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰你们了 |
[19:48] | I just wanted a word with Geoffrey. | 我只想和杰夫瑞说两句话 |
[19:50] | Look, Dad, I don’t want to hear about how I let you down — | 爸 我不想听你说我让你失望了 |
[19:53] | It doesn’t matter what I think. | 我怎么想不重要 |
[19:55] | It’s your life, | 这是你的人生 |
[19:57] | and I want it to be whatever you want it to be. | 我希望你能随自己的意愿去做 |
[20:00] | As long as it’s not furniture. | 只要不卖家具就行 |
[20:01] | Oh, God, no. | 老天 不会的 |
[20:08] | Boofaloo! How was your day? | 小宝贝 今天过得好吗 |
[20:15] | Actually, it was really good. | 其实 今天过得特别好 |
[20:17] | You want to hear about it? | 你想听我说说吗 |
[20:21] | When we’re kids, | 当我们还是孩子时 |
[20:23] | it’s natural to want to shut your parents out, | 很自然会想抗拒父母 |
[20:25] | but once you start opening up, | 可一旦你敞开心扉 |
[20:27] | you realize it can be pretty sweet. | 你会意识到那其实很甜蜜 |
[20:34] | Bev, I have one of your actual letters, | 贝弗 我这有一封你现实中写的信 |
[20:38] | and it’s a smooth 12 pages. | 洋洋洒洒有十二页 |
[20:42] | Now, I know they’ve told me they don’t read the letters. | 我知道孩子们都说他们不读信 |
[20:45] | I don’t believe them. | 我不信 |
[20:46] | Because here’s a letter that’s 20 years old, | 因为这封信是二十年前的了 |
[20:48] | and my son Adam still saved it. | 而我儿子亚当还留着 |
[20:50] | “Not only am I ashamed | “我不仅因为 |
[20:51] | to have such a cruel, selfish son, | 有你这个残酷自私的儿子感到愧疚 |
[20:53] | but I may never sleep again | 我更可能永无安眠 |
[20:55] | knowing how I have failed as a mother.” | 因为我作为一个母亲太失败了” |
[20:57] | Well, a little guilt doesn’t hurt. | 一点点内疚没什么的 |
[20:59] | What can I tell you? | 你让我怎么说 |