时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Back in the ’80s, | 在八十年代 |
[00:02] | my mom was obsessed with my birthday. | 我妈特别沉迷给我过生日 |
[00:04] | She always went over the top. And over that top. | 她总是做到极致 然后突破极致 |
[00:07] | So as I approached adulthood, | 所以当我即将成年 |
[00:08] | I was hoping for the biggest present of them all. | 我正盼望着最大的礼物 |
[00:11] | Get excited, Schmoopaloo. | 兴奋起来 小宝贝 |
[00:13] | Your gift is right behind that garage door. | 你的礼物就在车库门后面 |
[00:15] | I need to know… does it have wheels? | 快告诉我 它有车轮吗 |
[00:17] | – Maybe. – ?And can it take me all over town? | -或许吧 -能载我满城乱转吗 |
[00:20] | – Maybe. – ?And when I pull up school, | -或许吧 -我把车停到学校门口时 |
[00:21] | will the ladies lower their sunglasses and say, with surprise, | 女生们会不会摘掉墨镜 惊讶地说 |
[00:24] | – “Adam Goldberg?!” – Definitely! | -“亚当・金伯格” -绝对的 |
[00:28] | A freakin’ bike?! | 居然是单车 |
[00:29] | Where’s my GMC Sierra Grande, | 怎么不是GMC谢拉格兰德 |
[00:31] | as featured in “The Fall Guy”?! | 《特技猎人》里的车 |
[00:32] | This is way better than a car. | 这比车好多了 |
[00:34] | Fat chance. | 不太可能 |
[00:35] | But then I laid eyes on my mom’s most over-the-top gift ever — | 可之后我看到了我妈最夸张的礼物 |
[00:38] | an exact replica of the bike from “Pee-wee’s Big Adventure”! | 《皮威的大冒险》复刻版单车 |
[00:42] | – You didn’t. – ?I did. | -你居然 -我居然 |
[00:43] | I’m officially the greatest mama in the world! | 我正式成为了世上最棒的妈妈 |
[00:45] | She really was. | 她真的是 |
[00:46] | Growing up, I was obsessed with Pee-wee Herman | 从小到大 我一直很沉迷皮威・赫曼 |
[00:49] | and his wacky movie misadventures | 还有他在电影中的古怪遭遇 |
[00:50] | tracking down his beloved beach cruiser. | 追踪他挚爱的沙滩单车 |
[00:52] | Exhibit A! | 证据A |
[00:54] | A photograph of the victims. | 受害者的照片 |
[00:56] | My bike and me. | 我的单车和我 |
[00:58] | Yep, I could finally be zany like Pee-wee! | 没错 我终于能像皮威一样滑稽了 |
[01:01] | And I owed it all to my mom! | 这都多亏了我妈 |
[01:02] | And there’s more. | 还有更多礼物 |
[01:04] | Pee-wee’s finely tailored suit! | 皮威的剪裁精良的套装 |
[01:09] | Neat bike, Adam! | 单车真不错 亚当 |
[01:10] | Thanks, Mrs. K! Neat lawn! | 谢了 克太太 草坪真不多 |
[01:13] | Is that Pee-wee’s bike? | 那是皮威的单车吗 |
[01:14] | Sure is, Dave Kim! | 当然 金戴夫 |
[01:15] | Are you rolling your harp home? | 你在把竖琴推回家吗 |
[01:16] | I am! Your thing is way better! | 是的 你的待遇好多了 |
[01:19] | Sweet ride, Goldnerd. | 车真酷 金呆格 |
[01:21] | – Can I have it? – Not a chance! | -能给我吗 -门都没有 |
[01:22] | Respect. You know what? | 致敬 你知道吗 |
[01:24] | Sometimes you’re pretty cool. | 有时候你也挺酷的 |
[01:27] | How was she? | 车怎么样 |
[01:28] | I know I say this a lot, but honestly, | 我知道我总说这话 但说实话 |
[01:30] | this is the first time I mean it — | 这是我第一次发自真心 |
[01:31] | – I love you. – ?I’ll take it. | -我爱你 -我接受 |
[01:33] | Now scoot your booty up and take your mama for a spin! | 快挪挪你的屁屁带妈妈兜一圈 |
[01:51] | It was March 25th, 1980 something, | 那是一九八几年的三月二十五日 |
[01:53] | and Erica had been taking college seriously all year. | 爱丽卡一整年都很重视大学课业 |
[01:56] | With the exception of the campus parking regulations. | 但她对校园停车规定毫不重视 |
[01:58] | – Are these all parking tickets? – ?Yeah, they are. | -这都是违规停车罚单吗 -是的 |
[02:00] | That’s why they’re in the parking ticket drawer. | 所以专门放在违规停车单的抽屉里 |
[02:02] | You’ve gotten a ticket in every illegal zone there is — | 所有违规停车区域你都被开了罚单 |
[02:04] | red, yellow, blue. What’s green? | 红的 黄的 蓝的 绿色是什么意思 |
[02:07] | That’s for parking on grass. | 是在草坪上停车 |
[02:08] | But what was I supposed to do? There was no red curb. | 不然我能停在哪 当时又没有红色路沿 |
[02:10] | You can’t park in either! | 红色路沿也不能停车 |
[02:12] | My betrothed is a scofflaw! | 我的未婚妻竟是个无赖 |
[02:13] | Calm down, Jane Austen. | 冷静点 简・奥斯汀 |
[02:15] | Campus parking tickets don’t count. | 校园违规停车单不算数的 |
[02:16] | Turns out, they did. | 其实算数 |
[02:18] | Oh, no! Your car has a boot on it! | 糟糕 你的车轮被锁了 |
[02:19] | I can see that, Geoff! | 我看到了 杰夫 |
[02:21] | $300 to get a boot off?! | 开车轮锁竟要三百美元 |
[02:22] | – That can’t be right. – ?It is. | -这怎么可能 -非常可能 |
[02:24] | Your flagrant disregard for vehicular statutes | 你公然无视交通法规 |
[02:26] | has rightly caught up to you. | 遭到了报应 |
[02:27] | Whose side are you on? | 你站在谁那边 |
[02:28] | Is it wrong to say justice? | 我是不是不该说”正义” |
[02:29] | What the hell am I looking at? | 我眼前这是什么 |
[02:31] | Why is there a metal thingy on our car? | 车上这块金属是什么东西 |
[02:32] | It’s a bummer for you, dude. | 你惨了 哥们 |
[02:33] | You got a bunch of parking tickets | 你被开了一堆停车罚单 |
[02:34] | and have to pay a steep fine to get the boot off. | 得交一大笔罚金才能拆掉车轮锁 |
[02:36] | It’s quite a lesson. But keep me posted. | 多好的一课 有新消息通知我 |
[02:38] | Damn it! | 见鬼 |
[02:39] | The details are foggy, | 具体我记不清了 |
[02:40] | but it tracks with my careless nature. | 但这符合我鲁莽的天性 |
[02:41] | Do not pawn this off on Barry. | 不准把这事推给巴瑞 |
[02:43] | Erica fought the campus law, and the campus law won. | 爱丽卡违抗校园法规 校园法胜利了 |
[02:45] | Almost like the song! | 几乎像歌里唱得一样 |
[02:49] | The boot people know what they’re doing. | 给车轮上锁的人真专业 |
[02:50] | Just relax. I know how to fix this. | 放松 我知道怎么解决 |
[02:53] | Daddy, I need a new car. | 爸爸 我需要一辆新车 |
[02:55] | I don’t know you. | 我不认识你 |
[02:56] | I’ll swear to it in a court of law. | 我愿意当庭发誓 |
[02:58] | Fine. But then I need $500 to fix the old one. | 好吧 但我需要五百块修旧车 |
[03:00] | $500?! What do you think, I’m– | 五百 你以为我是谁 |
[03:02] | Wink Martindale? | 温科・马丁代尔吗 |
[03:03] | Is Wink Martindale famously rich? | 温科・马丁代尔是有名的富翁吗 |
[03:05] | That smiling bastard | 那个傻笑的混蛋 |
[03:06] | has crazy “Tic-Tac-Dough” money. | 赢走了一大笔《井字游戏》奖金 |
[03:08] | Then I guess if we had to cut corners | 我想假如我们偷工减料 |
[03:09] | and our safety wasn’t important to you… | 你又完全不看重我们的安全的话 |
[03:11] | – It’s not. – ?then we could fix it for $300. | -不看重 -我们用三百块就能修好 |
[03:13] | Damn it, fine! | 该死的 好吧 |
[03:14] | What’s wrong with it, anyway? | 车到底怎么了 |
[03:15] | Oh, pfft, you know, just the usual | 就是很常见的 |
[03:17] | “I got too many parking tickets and I got a boot put on, | “我被开了太多罚单 车轮被锁” |
[03:19] | and it’s no big deal.” | “没什么大不了的” |
[03:19] | – A boot? – ?You heard that?! | -车轮锁 -你居然听到了 |
[03:21] | You typically don’t listen to a word I say. | 我说话你通常一个字都不听 |
[03:23] | When it comes to money, I hear everything. | 当跟钱有关的时候 我一字不漏 |
[03:25] | I am not saving you from that boot. | 我才不会帮你交车轮锁罚款 |
[03:27] | You’re gonna work it off here in the store. | 你得在店里打工还钱 |
[03:29] | Here? | 在这 |
[03:30] | Nobody really works here, right? | 你这根本没人正经干活 |
[03:31] | You do. Starting now! | 有你 现在就开始 |
[03:33] | So Erica had no choice but to take the job. | 于是爱丽卡别无选择 只好工作 |
[03:35] | And turns out, she was kind of a natural. | 出乎意料 她算是天生好手 |
[03:38] | The customers liked her | 顾客们很喜欢她 |
[03:39] | and liked buying from her even more. | 更喜欢从她那买东西 |
[03:41] | She sold recliners, sofa beds — | 她卖掉了躺椅 沙发床 |
[03:43] | really anywhere you could put your butt. | 任何能承托屁屁的地方 |
[03:44] | Yep, she racked up the sales. | 没错 她让销售额大涨 |
[03:46] | She even sold stuff no one knew the name of. | 她甚至卖掉了别人叫不上名的东西 |
[03:49] | What in the world is a davenport? | 达文波特是个什么东西 |
[03:51] | Oh, that’s just a fancy name for a couch. | 就是长沙发的高级说法 |
[03:53] | But now we can charge double. | 不过现在我们可以双倍要价了 |
[03:54] | My little peanut is a selling machine. | 我的小花生是销售机器 |
[03:56] | What’s your secret? | 你的秘诀是什么 |
[03:58] | I’m using a tried and true sales technique — | 我用的是久经时间考验的销售技巧 |
[04:00] | being helpful. | 帮助顾客 |
[04:02] | Who would’ve thunk? | 真想不到 |
[04:03] | Hey, this is for you. You’ve earned it. | 给你 都是你赚来的 |
[04:05] | Nine dollars? | 九块钱 |
[04:06] | Three dollars an hour for three hours. Nine dollars. | 每小时三块 三小时 九块 |
[04:09] | But it’ll take me forever to get that boot off. | 可这样我永远也别想拆掉车轮锁 |
[04:10] | – Also take these. – Keys? | -再拿着这个 -钥匙 |
[04:12] | Please say they’re to a safe with more money in it. | 求你告诉我能打开满是钱的保险箱 |
[04:14] | No, they’re for the store. | 不是 是店门钥匙 |
[04:15] | You did good work today. I’m proud of you. | 你今天做得很好 我为你骄傲 |
[04:18] | Keys. I’ve never gotten keys. | 钥匙 我从没保管过钥匙 |
[04:20] | When your family’s on vacation, we just stay closed. | 你们家去度假时 商店干脆不开门 |
[04:23] | Way to go, Erica! | 你行啊 爱丽卡 |
[04:24] | While my dad was teaching Erica the value of a dollar, | 正当我爸让爱丽卡学到一块钱来之不易 |
[04:27] | I was starting to realize the real value of my bike. | 我开始意识到单车的真正价值了 |
[04:29] | Look at this! | 快瞧瞧 |
[04:31] | Someone loves his new bike, | 某人好爱他的新单车 |
[04:33] | and he loves the person that gave it to him even more. | 他更爱那个送单车给他的人 |
[04:35] | That’s your takeaway from the boy | 你看到孩子用麂皮擦单车 |
[04:37] | rubbing the thing up with a shammy? | 居然会联想到那些吗 |
[04:39] | Oh, this is no shammy. | 这不是麂皮 |
[04:41] | This is a microfiber cleaning cloth. | 这是一种超细纤维清洁布 |
[04:43] | It restores a bike’s natural luster | 它能留住单车原本的闪亮 |
[04:44] | without causing what we in the paint game | 不会造成我们喷漆专业人士 |
[04:46] | call “impact crackle.” | 所说的”自然裂痕” |
[04:48] | What are you talking about? | 你在鬼扯什么 |
[04:49] | I think he’s cleaning it. | 我想他是在擦车 |
[04:50] | Well, now that it’s all sparkly, | 现在车已经擦亮了 |
[04:52] | why don’t take it back out — | 不如再去外面 |
[04:53] | jump some puddles? | 飞跃水坑之类的 |
[04:54] | Puddles? No, no, no, no, no. | 水坑 不不不不不 |
[04:56] | It was a huge mistake to ride it. Never again. | 之前骑它是个大错误 再也不骑了 |
[04:58] | Never again? | 再也不骑 |
[04:59] | But I saw your face — you’ve never looked happier. | 可我看到你当时的表情 你从未那么开心 |
[05:03] | But I wasn’t considering the harmful elements. | 可我当时没考虑到那些有害元素 |
[05:05] | We’re talking fire, water, earth. | 例如火 水 土 |
[05:08] | Not to mention the deadliest of all — air. | 以及最致命的 空气 |
[05:11] | You’re worried about air? | 你在担心空气 |
[05:12] | Dust, smoke, dirt, soot, | 灰 烟 土 煤烟 |
[05:15] | unknown particulates, pollen — | 不知名颗粒物 花粉 |
[05:17] | that one’s had a target on my back for a while. | 花粉已经盯上我很久了 |
[05:19] | But it’s fun. | 但骑车多开心 |
[05:21] | Careful! | 小心 |
[05:22] | The glands in your fingers secrete harmful oils! | 你手指的皮脂腺会分泌有害油脂 |
[05:24] | Adam, it’s a bike. | 亚当 不过是辆单车 |
[05:25] | I think you’re being a tad overprotective. | 我觉得你有点保护过度了 |
[05:29] | The hell’s that?! | 那是什么鬼东西 |
[05:30] | It looks like a see-through box. | 看起来像是透明箱子 |
[05:32] | Good eye. It’s a protective Lucite case. | 好眼力 是树脂保护外壳 |
[05:34] | Ideally, I’d have it in what the CDC calls a “clean room.” | 最理想的是疾病控制中心的”无尘室” |
[05:38] | But this’ll have to do until those paper pushers call me back. | 但那些小职员回我电话前 只能将就了 |
[05:41] | But you have to ride it. | 可你必须骑它 |
[05:43] | And plus, it clogs up the whole room. | 再说 它占满了整个房间 |
[05:45] | It doesn’t leave a lot of space for dancing, | 没什么空间跳舞了 |
[05:46] | but at least I know she’s safe. | 但至少我知道车是安全的 |
[05:48] | Safe from what? | 能有什么危险 |
[05:49] | I bought it for you to play with, like all your other toys. | 我买来是让你玩的 像你的那些玩具一样 |
[05:52] | But I am treating it like all my other toys. | 但我就是这样对待其他玩具的 |
[05:54] | Behold! | 你看 |
[05:56] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧啊 |
[05:57] | All his Starboys and GI Jims are in little prisons. | 所有星星人和特种小人都在小监狱里 |
[06:01] | You know it! | 那当然 |
[06:02] | I’m off. | 我走了 |
[06:03] | No one touch the thermostat. | 谁也别碰恒温器 |
[06:04] | The best protection against temperature is vigilance. | 对抗温度的最好措施是保持警惕 |
[06:08] | When did he start boxing up his toys | 他什么时候起把玩具都装在盒子里 |
[06:10] | like it’s the world’s saddest museum? | 搞得像世界上最可悲的博物馆一样 |
[06:11] | I guess he likes looking at ’em now more than playing with them. | 我想他更喜欢看着它们 而不是玩 |
[06:15] | But he’s my schmoo. He loves to play. | 可他是我的小宝贝 他喜欢玩 |
[06:17] | Bevy, no one stays a kid forever. | 贝弗 没有人会永远是孩子 |
[06:19] | That’s it! | 就是这样 |
[06:20] | I’ll make him stay a kid forever! | 我会让他永远当个孩子 |
[06:22] | I’m not gonna stop you. | 我不会制止你的 |
[06:24] | I’ve learned to conserve my energy. | 我已经学会不浪费精力了 |
[06:26] | I’m not just gonna give him Pee-wee’s bike. | 我不只要给他皮威的单车 |
[06:28] | I’m gonna give him the whole damn adventure! | 我还要给他整个冒险 |
[06:30] | The rantings of a lunatic. | 疯人说疯话 |
[06:32] | But have a ball. | 但祝你玩得开心 |
[06:33] | Again, I’m tired. | 再次声明 我已经累了 |
[06:35] | And so, in an effort to keep my childlike wonder alive, | 于是 为了永远保持我的童真 |
[06:38] | my mom pulled a move straight out of the Pee-wee playbook. | 我妈干脆照搬了皮威电影里的情节 |
[06:43] | Somebody stole my bike! | 有人偷了我的单车 |
[06:44] | Oh, no! Who would commit such a heinous act?! | 不 谁会做出如此令人发指的事 |
[06:48] | Best guess — a crazy person. | 最有可能的是个疯子 |
[06:50] | We can’t just sit here! We gotta get it back! | 我们不能傻坐着 我们必须找回来 |
[06:52] | Yes, we do. | 没错 |
[06:53] | Well, sounds like we’re in for an adventure. | 听起来我们要去大冒险了 |
[06:55] | A big adventure. | 大冒险 |
[06:57] | A Pee-wee’s big adventure. | 皮威的大冒险 |
[06:59] | That’s a weird way to put it, but sure! | 这个说法真奇怪 但也行 |
[07:01] | I’ll go draw up a list of suspects. | 我会列出一个疑犯名单 |
[07:02] | Know what’s suspect? | 知道什么最可疑吗 |
[07:04] | Your parenting style. | 你的育儿方式 |
[07:06] | What mother steals her son’s bike?! | 哪个妈妈会偷走儿子的单车 |
[07:08] | A mother who wants her boy to relive the magic of the movie. | 想让儿子重温电影魔法的妈妈 |
[07:11] | Once he experiences that joy, | 一旦他体验到那份愉悦 |
[07:14] | he’ll be certain to jump on that bike again. | 他肯定会再去骑车的 |
[07:16] | I-I’m just gonna sit here. | 我就坐在这吧 |
[07:18] | While my mom was tricking me into being a kid again, | 正当我妈骗我重拾童真时 |
[07:20] | living without a car was proving to be tricky for Barry. | 巴瑞则完全不能接受没有车的生活 |
[07:23] | I can’t ride the bus anymore. | 我不能再乘公交了 |
[07:25] | Do you know what kinda people are on there? | 你知道公交上都是些什么人吗 |
[07:27] | A delightful cross section of our great city? | 我们美好城市的友好代表性人群 |
[07:28] | It’s a rolling caravan of monsters! | 就是流动的怪物大篷车 |
[07:31] | Oh, that’s not entirely fair, man. | 那么说不太公平吧 伙计 |
[07:32] | What’s not fair is having someone cough soup on you. | 不公平的是被人咳了一身浓汤 |
[07:36] | So you’re making friends. Good for you. | 这么说你交了新朋友 真不错 |
[07:37] | Don’t! Okay? | 少来 好吗 |
[07:38] | You got our car booted, | 你害我们的车被锁 |
[07:39] | and now I have to sit next to a lady | 导致我坐在某个女士旁边 |
[07:41] | with an animal in her lap I don’t even recognize. | 我都认不出她大腿上的是什么动物 |
[07:44] | It has the qualities of a squirrel but the face of baby. | 有松鼠的特征 但是婴儿的面庞 |
[07:46] | That can’t be real. | 那不可能是真的 |
[07:47] | You want to know what’s real? | 想知道什么是真的吗 |
[07:49] | A man with a unibrow | 一个一字眉的男人 |
[07:50] | didn’t break eye contact with me for over an hour. | 一直盯了我一个多小时 |
[07:53] | “Why are you smiling, sir? | “你在笑什么 先生” |
[07:55] | And where are you going with all that fish?” | “你带那么多鱼要去哪” |
[07:57] | We get it — you’re not a bus guy. | 我们知道了 你不喜欢乘公交 |
[07:58] | But there’s nothing I can do about it at three dollars an hour. | 但时薪才三块 我也没办法 |
[08:00] | I would kill for three dollars an hour! | 我时薪要是有三块会高兴死 |
[08:03] | You know I bust my ass making latte foam art? | 你知道我累死累活做拿铁泡沫拉花 |
[08:05] | And then the coffee shop owner Ryan comes in | 结果咖啡店主瑞安走进来 |
[08:07] | rocking a new pair of British Knights every week. | 每周都买一双新的英伦骑士鞋 |
[08:09] | British Knights? The sporty footwear of medieval royals? | 英伦骑士 中世纪贵族的运动鞋 |
[08:12] | We should rob this Ryan guy. | 我们该打劫这个叫瑞安的 |
[08:13] | Or we could open our own coffee shop. | 或者我们可以开自己的咖啡店 |
[08:15] | Yes. We’ll destroy Ryan that way. | 没错 用那种方法毁掉瑞安 |
[08:17] | Great. All we need now are two things — | 太好了 我们只需要两样东西 |
[08:19] | coffee and a shop. | 咖啡和店面 |
[08:20] | Well, we’ve got the Ottoman Empire. | 我们有奥斯曼帝国 |
[08:22] | Yeah, right, dummy. Like Dad would ever let us. | 没错 傻蛋 老爸怎么会把店面借给我们 |
[08:24] | He’ll never know. It’ll be an after-hours coffee shop. | 他永远不会发现 我们开下班时间咖啡店 |
[08:27] | Oh, no! My lighthearted attempt to be part of the conversation | 糟糕 我没多想地试图加入谈话 |
[08:29] | is fueling Barry’s darkest instincts! | 结果助长了巴里最黑暗的本能 |
[08:31] | Yeah, it is! We’ll have everything we need — | 就是这样 我们需要的店里都有 |
[08:33] | couches, a coffee machine in the break room, | 有沙发 休息室有咖啡机 |
[08:35] | and the keys. | 还有钥匙 |
[08:36] | No way. Too risky. | 不可能 太冒险了 |
[08:38] | But it’s the quickest way to get the boot off | 但那是拆掉车轮锁最快的办法 |
[08:40] | and me off the bus. | 让我不用再乘公交 |
[08:41] | People shave on there. | 人们会在公交上刮脸 |
[08:43] | And not just their faces. | 而且不只刮脸 |
[08:44] | I’m kinda liking this coffee shop idea. | 我挺喜欢咖啡店这主意 |
[08:47] | Alright, fine. | 那好吧 |
[08:48] | But we have to be super careful about it | 但我们必须非常小心 |
[08:50] | and cover everything in plastic and — | 用塑料布盖住所有东西 |
[08:51] | Then it’s decided! | 就这么决定了 |
[08:52] | The Ottoman Empire will become… | 奥斯曼帝国将会成为 |
[08:54] | The Empire Lounge! | 帝国休息室 |
[08:56] | Where did all these people come from? | 这些人是哪来的 |
[08:57] | Who cares? We’re making money hand over fist. | 谁在乎 我们毫不费力赚了好多钱 |
[08:59] | – Pla-ding! – ?Pla-ding? | -啪叮 -啪叮 |
[09:01] | Yeah, it’s the cash register sound. | 对啊 是收音机的声音 |
[09:02] | I think you mean cha-ching. | 你想说的是”嚓磬”吧 |
[09:03] | It’s a good thing you got your looks. | 你这么无脑 幸好长得好看 |
[09:05] | Anyway — Pla-ding! | 总之 啪叮 |
[09:06] | – $14? – This is just fanning money. | -才十四块 -这不过是用来扇风的钱 |
[09:09] | Here’s the rest. | 其余的在这 |
[09:10] | Holy crap! Pla-ding! | 我的天 啪叮 |
[09:11] | Think of what we can do with this! | 想想我们能用这些钱做什么 |
[09:12] | Yeah, like get the boot off the car. | 例如拆掉车轮锁 |
[09:14] | Think bigger. | 更大胆些 |
[09:15] | We can get two boots off the car. | 我们可以拆掉两个车轮锁 |
[09:17] | As Erica had solved her car issues, | 正当爱丽卡解决车子的难题 |
[09:19] | I was about to solve a case of my own. | 我正要解决我自己的难题 |
[09:21] | Exhibit A — a photograph of the victims. | 证据A 受害者的照片 |
[09:24] | My bike and me. | 我的单车和我 |
[09:26] | Exhibit B — another photograph. | 证据B 另一张照片 |
[09:28] | What’s wrong here? | 这里有什么问题 |
[09:28] | I’m not at home, making dinner for my family? | 我没有在家为家人做晚饭 |
[09:31] | The first one to speak always did it. | 第一个说话的永远是犯人 |
[09:34] | Did what? I just came over because Bev told me | 什么犯人 我来是因为贝弗告诉我 |
[09:36] | she was returning my standing mixer. | 她要把搅拌机还给我 |
[09:37] | Ginzy, please. That thing is long gone. | 尼亚 拜托 那玩意早坏了 |
[09:39] | Is there something you’d like to share | 你有什么事 |
[09:42] | with the rest of us, Emmy Mirsky?! | 想和大家分享吗 艾米・莫斯基 |
[09:43] | I was wondering what we’re doing here. | 我只是想知道我们为什么来 |
[09:44] | My bike was stolen! And one of you did it! | 我的单车被偷了 你们之一就是犯人 |
[09:47] | Yes! This is going better than I could’ve ever imagined. | 太好了 这比我想象得更精彩 |
[09:49] | Let’s review the facts. | 我们回顾一下事实 |
[09:51] | The thief had to have access to my room | 贼必须能进入我的房间 |
[09:54] | and know all my movements. | 知道我的所有动向 |
[09:55] | And they had the key to the master lock | 他们有大门锁的钥匙 |
[09:57] | that only me and my mom possess. | 只有我和我妈才有 |
[10:00] | Just going out on a limb here, | 我这只是大胆猜测 |
[10:01] | but Beverly definitely took your bike. | 但绝对是贝弗莉偷了你的单车 |
[10:03] | That makes sense. | 说得通 |
[10:04] | Yeah, I thought that before I even knew what this was about. | 我不用知道今天闹哪出就能猜到是她 |
[10:06] | Mama! Did you take my bike? | 妈妈 是你偷了我的单车吗 |
[10:08] | It was Dave Kim! | 是金戴夫 |
[10:09] | – No, it wasn’t! – ?I saw it. | -才不是 -我看到了 |
[10:11] | He slipped in through the chimney | 他钻进烟囱 |
[10:12] | like a turtlenecked Santa. | 像穿高领衫的圣诞老人 |
[10:13] | Enough. She did it, Adam! | 够了 就是她 亚当 |
[10:15] | For some reason, she wanted to give you | 她莫名其妙地非要让你体验 |
[10:18] | Pee-pee’s big excursion. | 屁屁的大远足 |
[10:20] | Fine! It was me! | 好吧 就是我 |
[10:21] | But wasn’t this fun? | 但这多有趣 |
[10:22] | – No. – ?Balls! | -并不 -糟糕 |
[10:23] | I should have known! | 我早该猜到 |
[10:25] | Take me to my bike now, woman! | 这就带我去找单车 女人 |
[10:26] | Well, it was right here, and now it’s not. | 原本就在这 现在不见了 |
[10:29] | Someone actually stole it?! | 真的被人偷了吗 |
[10:30] | Who would do such a thing?! | 谁会做出这种事 |
[10:32] | And yes, I see what I did there! | 是的 我知道我心虚 |
[10:36] | Hoping to keep me a kid at heart, | 我妈希望我保持童心 |
[10:37] | my mom had taken my most prized possession — | 偷走了我最宝贵的财产 |
[10:39] | my Pee-wee bike. | 我的皮威单车 |
[10:40] | But then someone stole it for real. | 可之后单车真的被偷了 |
[10:42] | Schmoopy, I know you’re upset, | 小宝贝 我知道你很生气 |
[10:43] | but I actually think | 但我其实觉得 |
[10:44] | this is a fun wrinkle to our adventure. | 这是我们冒险有趣的小波折 |
[10:47] | Fun wrinkle? | 有趣的小波折 |
[10:48] | This isn’t something you can slather your Oil of Olay on! | 这不是你用玉兰油能抹平的小波折 |
[10:51] | Our most valuable asset is out in the world! | 我们最宝贵的资产去向不明 |
[10:53] | And that’s why we’re in the park — to get it back. | 所以我们来了公园 把车找回来 |
[10:55] | Surely, the filthy BMX community will champion your cause. | 脏乱差的特技单车群体肯定会支持你寻车 |
[11:00] | Locals only. | 仅限本地居民 |
[11:01] | Johnny Atkins? It’s me. Adam Goldberg. | 强尼・阿特金斯 是我亚当・金伯格 |
[11:04] | I have pretty severe face blindness. | 我有很严重的脸盲 |
[11:05] | I have to stitch together noises and shapes and — | 我必须拼凑声音和形状来 |
[11:08] | Hey, your hot mom. | 是你的辣妈 |
[11:09] | Hello, Jonathan. | 你好 强纳森 |
[11:10] | Have you seen this bike? | 你见过这辆单车吗 |
[11:11] | – Looks familiar. – ?It does? | -挺眼熟 -眼熟吗 |
[11:13] | You know something, don’t you? Where is it?! | 你知道内情是不是 车在哪 |
[11:15] | Yeah, I’m inclined to help you find your Pee-wee bike, | 我想帮你找回皮威单车 |
[11:18] | but I’m gonna need a favor first. | 但你得先帮我个忙 |
[11:19] | – Name it. – You gotta do the “Tequila” dance from the movie. | -尽管开口 -你得跳电影里的”龙舌兰”舞 |
[11:22] | – What? No way. – ?Way. | -什么 不可能 -可能 |
[11:24] | And I’m gonna need your foxy mama to do it, too. | 你性感的老妈也要一起跳 |
[11:25] | Oh, no! We are not dancing for you! | 不 我们才不会为你跳舞 |
[11:27] | Come on. It’ll be fun, sweetie. | 快来 会很有趣的 宝贝 |
[11:29] | And hey, look! I’m already on the picnic table. | 看 我已经站在野餐桌上了 |
[11:32] | Cheggit. Your mom’s on board. | 快看 你妈上桌了 |
[11:33] | Better get up there, too, or no bikey. | 你最好也快点上去 否则车就没了 |
[12:02] | Tequila! | 龙舌兰 |
[12:04] | That was so much fun! | 太好玩了 |
[12:06] | Do you have “When a Man Loves a Woman”? | 你有《当男人爱上女人》吗 |
[12:08] | No more mother-son dancing. | 不要再跳母子双人舞了 |
[12:09] | Tell me where my bike is. | 告诉我单车在哪 |
[12:10] | Lemme think about it. | 让我想想 |
[12:11] | I swiped it. | 我偷走了 |
[12:12] | You?! Why?! | 你 为什么 |
[12:13] | I really liked it, I didn’t have it, | 我真的很喜欢 我又没有 |
[12:15] | and so I took it. | 所以我偷走了 |
[12:17] | In hindsight, I’m not sure I’m the hero in this story. | 事后看来 我好像不是故事里的英雄 |
[12:19] | Grand…theft…bicycle! | 单车大盗 |
[12:22] | I’m calling the cops, man! | 我要报警 伙计 |
[12:23] | No need to involve the cops, | 不要让警察牵扯进来 |
[12:25] | especially since I stole the bike first. | 特别是因为最初是我偷了车 |
[12:26] | What don’t we have in common? | 我们共同点也太多了吧 |
[12:27] | But now just point us to where the bike is. | 现在快告诉我们单车在哪 |
[12:29] | I guess it’s in that direction. | 好像是在那个方向 |
[12:31] | But way past those trees | 在树林遥远的另一端 |
[12:32] | and there’s, like, a bucolic glen | 有一个富有田园风情的峡谷 |
[12:34] | where the light dances on a pond. | 湖面波光粼粼 |
[12:36] | We’re not Hansel and Gretel! Say the place! | 又不是在唱歌剧 说地名 |
[12:38] | St. Vincent’s. | 圣文森特教堂 |
[12:39] | I felt guilty I swiped it, so I unloaded it on the nuns there. | 我偷车后很内疚 所以捐给了那里的修女 |
[12:42] | They need it more than me. | 她们比我更需要 |
[12:43] | Yeah, you know who needs it more than them? | 是啊 你知道谁比他们更需要吗 |
[12:45] | Me! The guy who owns it! | 我 车主 |
[12:46] | Look at it this way, boopie — the adventure continues. | 从这个角度看 宝贝 大冒险还在继续 |
[12:50] | Does it continue? | 还要继续吗 |
[12:51] | Frickin’ yay! | 太他妈棒了 |
[12:53] | Just get in the car! | 快上车 |
[12:55] | As I had a promising lead on my wheels, | 正当我有了寻回单车的重要线索 |
[12:57] | Barry and Erica finally got the boot off of theirs. | 巴瑞和爱丽卡终于拆掉了车轮锁 |
[12:59] | Sweet relief. | 解脱了 |
[13:00] | We got our car back, | 我们又有车用了 |
[13:01] | and now I never have to ride on a bus again. | 现在我再也不用乘公交了 |
[13:03] | What’s wrong with the bus? | 公交有什么不好 |
[13:04] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:05] | Maybe ’cause I went three stops | 或许是因为整整三站 |
[13:07] | as a stranger brushed my hair. | 都有个陌生人在给我梳头 |
[13:09] | I gotta admit, using the store worked out pretty well, | 我得承认 利用店面还挺顺利 |
[13:12] | and Dad never had a clue. | 老爸根本没发现 |
[13:14] | Where do you think you’re going? | 你准备开车去哪 |
[13:15] | The car’s mine for the next week to make up for your boot time. | 下周我用车 弥补因为你被锁的时间 |
[13:18] | But I gotta go quit and give Dad his keys back. | 可我得去辞职 把钥匙还给老爸 |
[13:19] | What?! You can’t quit! We need those keys! | 什么 你不能辞职 我们需要钥匙 |
[13:22] | Our lucrative business is just taking off. | 我们赚钱的生意刚刚起步 |
[13:24] | Barry, the boot’s gone. We’re done. | 巴瑞 车轮锁拆了 生意结束了 |
[13:26] | Oh, we’re just getting started, baby. | 我们才刚刚开始 宝贝 |
[13:28] | – Baby? -? Yeah. | -宝贝 -是的 |
[13:29] | That’s the way nightlife impresarios talk. | 那是夜生活经理们说话的方式 |
[13:32] | They pepper in babies, muffins, pretty mamas, | 他们身边都是宝贝 甜心 漂亮妈妈 |
[13:34] | and my personal favorite — Jennifer. | 还有我的个人最爱 詹妮弗 |
[13:36] | What are you talking about? | 你在胡说些什么 |
[13:37] | I’m talking about keeping the coffee shop open. | 我在说咖啡店继续营业 |
[13:39] | But instead, it’s the Atlantic seaboard’s hottest nightclub. | 但这次它会是大西洋海岸最火的夜店 |
[13:43] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不可能 |
[13:44] | This is Dad’s livelihood we’re talking about. | 我们谈论的可是老爸的营生 |
[13:46] | We made more money than Dad ever has in one day. | 我们一天就赚到了老爸一辈子赚的钱 |
[13:49] | I mean, who doesn’t like money? | 谁不喜欢钱 |
[13:50] | Ugly, stupid people who can’t buy stuff. | 不能买东西的傻子 |
[13:52] | But if you do this, you’ll be dripping in — | 但假如你这样做 你会有许多 |
[13:55] | – Diamonds? ?- Better! | -钻石 -比那更好 |
[13:56] | Butter. When you’re eating lobster every night. | 黄油 每天晚上都吃龙虾 |
[13:59] | Gross. I don’t want buttery lobster meat every night. | 恶心 我不想每晚都吃油腻的龙虾 |
[14:01] | Then perhaps you’ll like the finest timepieces known to man. | 那你或许会喜欢人类最精密的计时工具 |
[14:04] | – Swatch. – I already have two of those. | -斯沃琪 -我已经有两块了 |
[14:06] | Ah, how would you like 200? | 两百块手表如何 |
[14:08] | I wouldn’t. That’s too many. | 才不要 太多了 |
[14:09] | You’re absolutely terrible at selling wealth. | 你用财富诱惑人的水平太糟烂了 |
[14:11] | – So we’re doing it? – Fine. But just one more night. | -到底要不要搞 -好吧 但只再开一晚 |
[14:13] | And nothing can happen to Dad’s store. | 老爸的店面绝对要完好无损 |
[14:15] | A reluctant “fine.” | 不情愿地答应 |
[14:16] | What every business partner wants to hear. | 这正是每个生意合伙人最想听的 |
[14:18] | Thanks again. Come back soon. | 再次感谢 欢迎再次光临 |
[14:20] | There’s my Employee of the Week! | 你是本周最佳员工 |
[14:22] | Wow, my 14-year streak is over | 我连续14年的荣耀被打断了 |
[14:25] | ’cause your daughter sold a table lamp. | 就因为你女儿卖了盏台灯 |
[14:27] | All good things must come to an end. | 花无百日红 |
[14:28] | But what do you say you guys shake a leg out of here | 不如你们先走吧 |
[14:29] | – and I’ll do the rest? – Lovely. | -剩下的交给我 -太好了 |
[14:31] | Nothing like having a light shone on how unessential I am. | 能清楚地看到我可有可无真是好啊 |
[14:34] | Toodle-loo! | 回见 |
[14:36] | You’re really doing a number on Vic’s noodle. | 你真的让维克的自尊好受伤 |
[14:38] | But I gotta say it’s been great having you here. | 但我必须说 有你在这工作真好 |
[14:40] | – Dad, you don’t have to say that. – ?I do. | -爸 你不必这么说的 -有必要 |
[14:42] | Since you’ve gone off to college, | 自从你去上大学后 |
[14:43] | we’ve barely spent any time together. | 我们几乎没在一起待过 |
[14:46] | But I have to say, it’s been a joy | 但我必须说 我很开心 |
[14:48] | seeing what a delightful young woman you’ve become. | 能看到你已经成为了可爱的年轻女性 |
[14:50] | That’s might be the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. | 这或许是你对我说过的最贴心的话 |
[14:52] | You sure you don’t want to call me a moron or something? | 你确定不想叫我白痴之类的吗 |
[14:54] | Why would I? You’re finally not one. | 为什么 你终于不白痴了 |
[14:58] | Damn it. That was so warm and touching. | 见鬼 太暖心太感人了 |
[15:00] | It’s almost like you care. | 好像你在乎一样 |
[15:01] | Yeah, I guess I almost do. | 看来我几乎算在乎了 |
[15:03] | As Erica was wondering if she’d lost her way, | 正当爱丽卡不确定自己是否迷失了方向 |
[15:05] | I was headed down the right path. | 我正朝着正确的方向前进 |
[15:07] | To church. | 去教堂 |
[15:08] | There she is! | 车在那 |
[15:11] | Excuse me. May I help you? | 不好意思 有什么事吗 |
[15:12] | Oh, it’s okay, Sister. That’s my son’s bike. | 没事的 修女 那是我儿子的单车 |
[15:15] | Sorry, but once it’s donated, it’s property of the parish. | 抱歉 但一旦捐赠 就是教区的财产了 |
[15:18] | It’s God’s bike now. | 那现在是上帝的单车了 |
[15:19] | Well, does God have a receipt? | 上帝有收据吗 |
[15:21] | God needs no receipts. | 上帝不需要收据 |
[15:22] | You know what? You are a very mean lady. | 你知道吗 你真是个刻薄的女人 |
[15:25] | I know you are, but what am I? | 我知道你是 可我是什么 |
[15:27] | Just let me explain. | 让我解释一下 |
[15:27] | See, my mom got me this bike, then she stole it, | 你瞧 我妈给我买了这辆单车 又偷走了车 |
[15:30] | and then someone stole it from her, | 然后某人真的从她那偷走了车 |
[15:31] | and then we did a wildly embarrassing dance | 然后我们当着一群特技单车骑手的面 |
[15:33] | in front of a bunch of BMX bikers. | 跳了一段非常丢人的舞 |
[15:35] | That brought us here. | 最后指引我们来到这里 |
[15:36] | You’re messing with the wrong sister, mister. | 你惹错修女了 先生 |
[15:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:39] | In that moment, | 在那一刻 |
[15:40] | I did something I’m not proud of. | 我做了件我并不骄傲的事 |
[15:41] | Well, I’m kind of proud of it. | 其实有点骄傲 |
[15:42] | Yes, my little Pee-wee! | 太棒了 我的小皮威 |
[15:44] | Ride! Ride like the wind! | 快骑 像疾风一样 |
[15:46] | This is why we got the bike in the first place! | 我最初就是为这个给你买的单车 |
[15:49] | Don’t root for me! I’m still mad at you! | 别给我加油 我还在生你的气 |
[15:51] | And just like Pee-wee, | 就像皮威一样 |
[15:52] | I was off to lead dozens of authority figures | 我要引领几十个权威人物 |
[15:54] | on the most epic chase ever! | 进行最炫酷的追车戏 |
[15:58] | Or…not. | 或者不会 |
[15:59] | Adam, are you okay?! | 亚当 你还好吗 |
[16:00] | Let Mama’s magical kisses heal your broken bones. | 让妈妈用魔法亲亲治愈你的骨折 |
[16:03] | Get away from me! You can’t fix this! | 你别碰我 你弥补不了 |
[16:06] | Look at my bike! | 看看我的单车 |
[16:08] | I’m so sorry. | 我好抱歉 |
[16:09] | Thanks for the birthday gift. | 多谢你的生日礼物 |
[16:11] | While my mom’s big adventure to keep me young at heart | 正当我妈想让我保持童心的大冒险 |
[16:13] | was a big failure, | 大失败时 |
[16:14] | the Empire Lounge was turning into a huge success. | 帝国休息室正变成大成功 |
[16:17] | Holy crap! This place is packed! | 老天爷 这地方全是人 |
[16:19] | I know. They’re using throw pillows to actually throw. | 我知道 他们还把抱枕扔来扔去 |
[16:21] | The Empire Lounge is almost at full capacity. | 帝国休息室几乎满员了 |
[16:24] | But don’t worry. Naked Rob is only letting in nines and above. | 但别担心 裸罗伯只让九岁以上的人进来 |
[16:27] | Barry, is that a pencil mustache? | 巴瑞 那是铅笔画的小胡子吗 |
[16:28] | I’m trying out a new persona — I’m club owner | 我正在开发新面孔 我是俱乐部老板 |
[16:31] | and Jai Alai enthusiast Barry Mexico. | 回力球爱好者巴瑞・墨西哥 |
[16:33] | What a fun and lazy character name. | 多么有趣又偷懒的角色名 |
[16:35] | – Was it your first thought? – You know it! | -你想到第一个名字就用了吗 -那当然 |
[16:36] | Barry Mexico gets down to business. | 巴瑞・墨西哥干正事 |
[16:38] | You need to get all these people out of here. | 你得把这些人都赶走 |
[16:40] | They’re all over Dad’s furniture. | 他们把老爸的家具都弄坏了 |
[16:41] | – It’s Cinco de Mayo somewhere. – ?It’s really not. | -某个地方肯定是五月节 -真不是 |
[16:45] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[16:46] | Dad’s shoddily made furniture is falling apart. | 老爸的粗制滥造的家具散架了 |
[16:48] | No, it’s not! It’s affordable, modern, and stylish! | 才不是 它价格公道 时尚有型 |
[16:51] | Damn it, I have pride in this establishment! | 见鬼 这间店让我很自豪 |
[16:54] | We’re out of coffee. | 我们没有咖啡了 |
[16:55] | And…”not coffee.” | “非咖啡”也没有了 |
[16:56] | You’re serving alcohol?! | 你居然在卖酒 |
[16:57] | Come on, you can’t have an illegal after-hours nightclub | 拜托 下班时间的非法夜店 |
[17:00] | without some hooch. | 怎能没有酒 |
[17:00] | We’re all going to jail! | 我们都要坐牢了 |
[17:01] | Where I will totally snitch to survive! | 我绝对会为了自保出卖你们 |
[17:03] | None of you are safe! You all did it! | 你们每个人都不安全 你们都同流合污 |
[17:04] | Look what you did! Geoff’s a rat now! | 瞧你做的好事 现在杰夫变成告密的了 |
[17:06] | This couldn’t get any worse! | 这简直不能更糟了 |
[17:07] | What the hell’s going on here?! | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[17:09] | And yet it did! | 居然变得更糟了 |
[17:10] | You two are in big trouble! Especially you! | 你们两个有大麻烦了 特别是你 |
[17:13] | Me?! This was Barry’s idea! | 我 这是巴瑞的主意 |
[17:14] | Who’s Barry? I’m Barry Mexico. | 谁是巴瑞 我是巴瑞・墨西哥 |
[17:16] | You listened to this moron?! | 你居然听这个白痴的话 |
[17:18] | No, I gave you the keys. You were responsible. | 不 我给你钥匙 这是你的责任 |
[17:21] | – Daddy — – Don’t you “Daddy” me. | -爸爸 -别叫我”爸爸” |
[17:22] | I thought you’d grown up, but I was wrong. | 我以为你已经长大了 但我错了 |
[17:25] | You’re still the same moron that I always thought you were. | 你还是过去我眼中的那个白痴 |
[17:32] | To repair my bike and our relationship, | 为了修好我的单车和我们的关系 |
[17:34] | my mom turned to a pro. | 我妈向专家求助 |
[17:35] | Thank you for coming, Jonathan. | 多谢你过来 强纳森 |
[17:37] | I couldn’t think of another person who could fix this. | 我想不出还有谁能修好这辆车 |
[17:39] | Damn. I thought it was gonna be a box of kittens, | 可恶 我还以为是一箱小猫咪 |
[17:42] | but that’s just a messed-up bike. | 可只是一辆破单车 |
[17:43] | And you’re going to fix it. | 你要修好它 |
[17:44] | Since you stole it from me after I stole it from Adam, | 因为我从亚当那偷走 又被你偷走 |
[17:47] | who later stole it from some nuns. | 后来亚当又从修女那偷走了 |
[17:49] | What an unlikely journey. | 多么不可能的旅程 |
[17:50] | Sounds like Johnny’s back is against the wall. | 听起来强尼别无选择 |
[17:53] | Lucky for you, that’s when I shine. | 你走运了 这种时候正是我闪光的时候 |
[17:55] | Get me all your husband’s tools. | 把你丈夫的工具都给我 |
[17:57] | He has none. | 他啥也没有 |
[17:57] | Get me all your neighbor’s husband’s tools. | 那把你邻居的丈夫的工具都给我 |
[17:59] | And so Johnny got to work. | 于是强尼开工了 |
[18:01] | My mom hoped that all that welding, whacking, fusing, | 我妈希望那些焊接 敲打 融合 |
[18:04] | soldering, wrenching, and different whacking | 焊接 扳手 和另一种敲打 |
[18:06] | would restore my birthday gift to its true Pee-wee form. | 能让我的生日礼物变回原本的皮威形态 |
[18:09] | – What xxxx the is this? – It didn’t. | -这他妈是什么 -并没有 |
[18:11] | This came out way better than I thought it would. | 成品比我想象得好多了 |
[18:13] | This was a big mistake. | 这是一个大错误 |
[18:14] | The important thing is, I tried my best | 重要的是我尽力了 |
[18:16] | and had a good time. | 还玩得很开心 |
[18:17] | With that, my mom was out of options — | 就这样 我妈别无选择 |
[18:19] | except, of course, taking it to an actual repair shop. | 除了 当然 送到真正的修理店去 |
[18:22] | Look what I got! | 看看这是什么 |
[18:23] | The bike is fixed, and so is our relationship. | 单车修好了 我们的关系也修好了 |
[18:26] | Everything’s back to the way it was. | 一切都变回原样了 |
[18:27] | No. It isn’t. | 才没有 |
[18:29] | My Pee-wee bike has been completely rebuilt. | 我的皮威单车被彻底重造过 |
[18:32] | It’s worthless. | 毫无价值了 |
[18:32] | Well, maybe to some collector. | 对某个收藏家来说或许是的 |
[18:34] | But now you can actually ride it. | 但现在你可以骑了 |
[18:36] | Why do you want me to ride it so bad? | 你为什么这么想让我骑它 |
[18:38] | Because it made me sad that you don’t play with your toys anymore. | 因为你不再玩玩具了让我很难过 |
[18:40] | They shouldn’t be locked away. | 它们不该被锁起来 |
[18:42] | You need to find your joy for them again. | 你得再次找到玩玩具的乐趣 |
[18:44] | You mean play with them like a child? | 你是指像个孩子那样玩玩具 |
[18:46] | Mom, I’m not anymore. | 妈 我不是孩子了 |
[18:47] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:48] | But you’re growing up too fast. | 但你成长得太快了 |
[18:50] | I mean, what is the hurry? | 有什么可急的 |
[18:52] | I get it! You never want me to grow up! | 我明白 你永远不想让我长大 |
[18:54] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[18:55] | I’m struggling with the fact | 我确实很难接受这个事实 |
[18:56] | that my youngest baby is becoming a man. | 我最小的宝贝变成了男人 |
[18:58] | But it’s also true | 但还有一个事实是 |
[19:00] | that being an adult is overrated. | 做成年人根本没有人们说的那么好 |
[19:04] | It’s full of responsibility and stress and worry. | 满是责任 压力和担忧 |
[19:07] | And you don’t need that yet. | 你还不需要那些 |
[19:09] | Mom, everyone goes through this. | 妈 每个人都会经历这些 |
[19:11] | I’m gonna be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[19:12] | I know you will. | 我知道你会没事的 |
[19:16] | I just hope that no matter how old you get, | 我只是希望无论你变得多老 |
[19:18] | there will always be a part of you that’s still playful. | 你永远能保持一点爱玩的心 |
[19:21] | Actually, before I crashed into that truck, | 其实 在我撞上卡车前 |
[19:24] | it was pretty great riding this thing. | 骑单车是挺开心的 |
[19:26] | Well, there’s no reason you can’t feel that way again. | 你没理由不能再次那么开心 |
[19:35] | Thanks, Mama. | 谢了 妈妈 |
[19:41] | You coming? | 一起来吗 |
[19:43] | That’s the thing about growing up — | 这就是成长 |
[19:45] | it happens whether you’re ready or not. | 无论你准备好与否 都会成长 |
[19:51] | What’s this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[19:52] | I was here all night cleaning up the mess I made. | 我整晚留在这里整理我的烂摊子 |
[19:55] | Dad, I am so sorry. | 爸 我好抱歉 |
[19:56] | I trashed your store, | 我毁了你的店面 |
[19:57] | and, even worse, I broke your trust. | 更糟的是 我毁了你的信任 |
[20:00] | That’s not even what really bothers me. | 那根本不是真正让我生气的 |
[20:03] | I just liked spending time with you. It was nice. | 我只是喜欢跟你一起消磨时光 很美好 |
[20:05] | And I screwed it all up. | 可我却毁了一切 |
[20:07] | Things can be fixed. | 可以弥补 |
[20:08] | Can they? | 真的能吗 |
[20:09] | Because I’d really like to pay for everything I broke. | 因为我真的很想为被我毁掉的东西买单 |
[20:12] | But, more importantly, I’d like to fix us. | 但更重要的是 我想弥补我们的感情 |
[20:15] | That might take some time. | 那或许要花些时间 |
[20:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:18] | But I have some. | 但我有时间 |
[20:19] | Say… after class every day? | 每天放学后来工作 可以吗 |
[20:22] | You still wanna work here? | 你还想在这里工作 |
[20:23] | If you still want me. | 假如你还想雇我 |
[20:24] | There are worse ways to spend my day. | 那样度过我的一天不算太糟 |
[20:30] | Sometimes, parents worry we’re never gonna grow up | 有时 父母们担心我们永远不会长大 |
[20:33] | or that we’re growing up way too fast. | 或是我们成长得太快了 |
[20:36] | But you can’t just pump the brakes on life. | 但在生活中 你没办法急刹车 |
[20:38] | So if you’re willing to shift gears | 但假如你愿意换挡 |
[20:40] | and trust the people you love, | 信任你爱的人 |
[20:43] | every day can be a big adventure. | 每天都可以是一场大冒险 |
[20:51] | My name is — Adam Goldberg! | 我叫 亚当・金伯格 |
[21:00] | Oh, my God, I can’t take it anymore! | 我的天 我再也受不了了 |
[21:02] | Why? | 又怎么了 |
[21:02] | Since Dad took away the car, I have to ride the bus! | 因为老爸没收了车 我不得不乘公交 |
[21:05] | An old man showed me the bruise on his back! | 一个老男人给我看了他后背上的淤伤 |
[21:08] | It was like looking at the inside of a pomegranate. | 看起来就像切开的石榴一样 |
[21:10] | – That can’t be right. – What’s not right | -那不可能 -不可能的是 |
[21:12] | is how much cooking is done on there. | 居然有那么多人在车上做饭 |
[21:14] | I saw a guy heating up a pot of eels. | 我看到一个人在热一锅鳗鱼 |
[21:17] | – Eels?! – Eels! | -鳗鱼 -鳗鱼 |
[21:18] | And there’s so much fighting! | 还有那么多人打架 |
[21:20] | An old woman clout the bus driver with a fraternity paddle! | 一个老女人用兄弟会的木匠敲了公交司机 |
[21:24] | Who gave that to her?! | 那是谁给她的 |
[21:25] | Barry, maybe you just need to walk. | 巴瑞 不如你就走路吧 |
[21:26] | Are you a crazy person? My apartment is like a mile from here. | 你疯了吗 我公寓离这一千多米呢 |