时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | I paid you to help me with this adoption. | 我花钱委托你们帮我处理领养事宜 |
[00:11] | I, um… | 我… |
[00:13] | – Would you like to take a minute? – No, I’m fine. | -要歇一会儿吗 -不用 我没事 |
[00:16] | I told you that it was tricky because… | 我告诉过你们这事很棘手 因为… |
[00:20] | the baby was half Chippewa Indian | 孩子有齐配瓦血统[印第安人分支] |
[00:22] | and tribal law might apply, but you didn’t care. | 可能适用于部族法 可你们没在意 |
[00:25] | That’s why we’re suing you for $6 million. | 因此我们要求你们赔偿六百万 |
[00:28] | Any more questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[00:29] | Mrs. Gopnik, | 高普尼克夫人 |
[00:30] | who, specifically, did you hire to help you with this adoption? | 具体来说 你雇佣了谁帮你安排领养 |
[00:33] | Which firm? | 哪家律所 |
[00:34] | – Lockhart/Gardner. – And, in fact, wasn’t it Lockhart/Gardner | -洛&加律所 -事实上不正是他们 |
[00:37] | – who failed you? Not… Objection, it’s already been established | -搞砸了领养 -反对 此事已有定论 |
[00:39] | Mrs. Florrick was the lead attorney on this adoption. | 福瑞克女士是领养案的首席律师 |
[00:41] | No, that has not been established. | 不 还没有定论 |
[00:43] | David Lee was the lead attorney. | 大卫·李才是首席律师 |
[00:44] | Oh, come on, Alicia, you know very well… | 拜托 艾丽西娅 你很清楚… |
[00:47] | It is unconscionable that you are blaming this on me. | 把它归咎于我真是毫无道理 |
[00:50] | One at a time when speaking. | 大家轮流说 |
[00:51] | Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, we can’t hear everybody. | 抱歉 各位 我们什么都听不清了 |
[00:54] | The teleconferencing system can’t handle that much crosstalk. | 远程会议没法让大家同时讲话 |
[00:57] | We need to move on. Any questions from Lockhart/Gardner? | 会议继续 洛&加律所还有问题吗 |
[01:01] | They’re not after us, | 他们不是冲着我们来的 |
[01:02] | they’re after the deeper pockets of Lockhart/Gardner. | 是冲着财大气粗的洛&加律所来的 |
[01:04] | I know, we just need to get David Lee talking. | 我知道 听听大卫·李怎么说 |
[01:06] | …on a day-to-day basis with this adoption? | 领养案的日常管理由谁负责 |
[01:09] | – Who? – Alicia. | -哪位律师 -艾丽西娅 |
[01:10] | Alicia Florrick? When she worked at our firm? | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 当时她在我们律所上班 |
[01:13] | – Yes. – Was this under the direction of David Lee? | -是的 -案子是由大卫·李监管吗 |
[01:15] | Mr. Schmidt, you’ll be allowed follow-up questions afterwards. | 施密特先生 稍后将允许你补充提问 |
[01:18] | Thank you, Mr. Lee. | 谢谢 李先生 |
[01:19] | And who told you that the adoption had fallen through? | 谁告诉你领养失败了 |
[01:22] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[01:23] | So, Alicia was in charge of the day-to-day, | 也就是说艾丽西娅负责日常监管 |
[01:26] | but for some reason you are suing both Lockhart/Gardner | 可你却出于某种原因 同时向洛&加 |
[01:30] | and Florrick-Agos for $6 million? | 和福&艾律所索赔六百万 |
[01:32] | Is there a question there, Diane? | 有问题吗 戴安 |
[01:33] | Well, I thought that was a question. | 我认为这就是问题所在 |
[01:34] | If you’re asking whether we’re suing both of your firms, | 如果你是问 我们是否要同时起诉两家律所 |
[01:36] | the answer is yes. | 答案是「没错」 |
[01:39] | Unfortunately, we have to leave it there. | 不幸的是 今天的会议要告一段落了 |
[01:41] | I suggest we resume in three hours | 三小时后我将飞抵芝加哥 |
[01:42] | when I land in Chicago. | 我建议到时再继续会议 |
[01:44] | At which point I’ll be able to question Mrs. Florrick. | 到时我将质询福瑞克女士 |
[01:46] | – Can’t wait. – Okay, we’ll resume the teleconference at 1:00p.M. | -等不及了 -好吧 下午一点会议继续 |
[01:50] | Lockhart/Gardner/Canning. | 这里是洛&加&坎律所 |
[01:54] | The vote? | 是投票的事吗 |
[01:55] | That’s my bet. | 我猜也是 |
[01:57] | – Are you ready for questioning? – I’ll be fine. | -你准备好接受质询了吗 -我会没事的 |
[02:00] | Yeah, we should prep. | 我们应该预演一下 |
[02:01] | Canning seemed a bit too eager for my taste. | 我觉得坎宁有些迫不及待了 |
[02:04] | I have to pick up dinner for tonight, | 我得为晚餐买些食物 |
[02:05] | I’ll be back in an hour. | 一小时后回来 |
[02:06] | – Your son’s graduation? – Yup. | -庆祝你儿子毕业吗 -对 |
[02:09] | We’re having a dinner party. | 晚上要开个家庭宴会 |
[02:11] | How are you handling it? | 你打算怎么面对 |
[02:12] | Handling? | 面对什么 |
[02:14] | Empty nest. | 失去爱子的空巢 |
[02:15] | My mom, she… | 我妈 她… |
[02:16] | she almost broke down when I left. | 我离家后她差点崩溃 |
[02:18] | – Thanks, Cary. – Yeah. | -真是多谢 凯里 -不谢 |
[02:23] | Eli, what’s up? | 伊莱 怎么了 |
[02:23] | Disaster. I’ll be there in two minutes. | 出大事了 我两分钟后到 |
[02:25] | Wait, uh… you… you’ll be where in two minutes? | 等等 你两分钟后到哪 |
[02:28] | Your office. I’m coming to you. | 你的办公室 我去找你 |
[02:29] | No, Eli, I’m heading out. | 不行 伊莱 我要出门 |
[02:31] | Well, you can’t, Finn’s already on his way. | 不行 芬恩已经在路上了 |
[02:32] | I have an hour. I have to pick something up. | 我只有一小时空闲 我得去买点东西 |
[02:34] | – Finn is pulling out of the race. – What? | -芬恩要退出竞选了 -什么 |
[02:37] | Castro dropped a bombshell. | 卡斯特罗爆了个猛料 |
[02:38] | You need to talk to him, he doesn’t like me. | 你得跟他谈谈 他不喜欢我 |
[02:39] | Well, I can’t convince him if he doesn’t want to run. | 他不想竞选我也没法逼他去呀 |
[02:42] | No, he wants to. We have to convince him not to. | 不 是他想竞选 我们得说服他别退出 |
[02:44] | – Eli? – This bombshell will hurt Finn, | -伊莱 -这个猛料会影响芬恩 |
[02:46] | it will hurt Peter. | 也会影响到彼得 |
[02:47] | I’m five minutes away, I’m coming to you. | 我到你那就五分钟的路 我去找你 |
[02:51] | Oh, come on. | 天啊 |
[02:53] | Who did this? | 这是谁干的 |
[02:59] | Hi, Mom. Where are you? | 喂 妈妈 你在哪 |
[03:01] | Bloomingdale’s. | 布鲁明戴尔百货 |
[03:02] | What kind of sunglasses does Zach like? | 扎克喜欢什么样的太阳镜 |
[03:04] | Uh, Mom, I have to ask you a favor. | 妈 我得请你帮个忙 |
[03:07] | Can you pick up the lasagna and the cake for tonight? | 你能买点今晚要吃的千层面和蛋糕吗 |
[03:10] | Why is Zach leaving tomorrow? | 扎克怎么明天就要走 |
[03:11] | Mom, did you hear my question? | 妈 你听到我说的吗 |
[03:12] | Yes. Why is Zach leaving tomorrow? | 听到了 扎克怎么明天就要走 |
[03:15] | Because he has a summer job at Georgetown. | 他要在乔治城打暑期工 |
[03:17] | It’s at Fig Catering on Blue Island Avenue. | 在蓝岛大道的无花果餐饮 |
[03:21] | Thought you were heading off. | 你不是要出门吗 |
[03:22] | Why doesn’t he just take the summer off? | 暑假他怎么不休息一下 |
[03:23] | – Go to India or something. – Mom, | -去印度什么的 -妈 |
[03:25] | if you don’t want to pick up the food, | 你要是不想买吃的 |
[03:26] | can you just tell me that, | 能直说吗 |
[03:27] | so I can try and find someone else? | 我好找别人帮忙 |
[03:28] | I can pick up the food. | 我可以帮你买吃的 |
[03:31] | Why don’t I make it? | 不如我来做吧 |
[03:32] | – What? Oh, no. – Yes. | -什么 不行 -当然可以 |
[03:34] | I can make a lasagna as good as any caterer. | 我的千层面做得和厨师一样好 |
[03:36] | Uh, I need to keep things simple tonight, | 今晚的宴会必须从简 |
[03:39] | ’cause I’m gonna be here all day. | 因为我得在律所待一天 |
[03:40] | Why is it not simple if I make it? | 我做怎么就不简单了 |
[03:42] | Come on, let me make the food. | 求你了 让我做吧 |
[03:43] | – I’m hanging up now. – Mom, please. | -我要挂了 -妈 求你了 |
[03:45] | What is this, some kind of empty nest thing? | 怎么 这么快要想念儿子了吗 |
[03:47] | Is that why you’re so tense? | 所以你才这么紧张吗 |
[03:47] | – I’m not tense. – Good. | -我没紧张 -那好 |
[03:49] | I’ll make the food, I’ll see you tonight. | 我来做饭 晚上见 |
[03:51] | I… Oh. | 我… |
[03:56] | Howard Lyman. | 霍华德·莱曼 |
[03:59] | – No. – Yes. | -不是吧 -是的 |
[04:00] | He’s undecided? The only undecided. | 他还在犹豫吗 只剩他了 |
[04:09] | That’s so my luck this year. | 今年真是走运 |
[04:11] | Listen, just offer him something. | 听着 给他点甜头 |
[04:14] | He’s easily persuadable. | 他很容易被人说服 |
[04:15] | We’re like a Banana Republic here. | 这儿简直是香蕉共和国 |
[04:19] | And I would hurry. | 得赶紧下手 |
[04:21] | Diane is not Will, you know that. | 戴安不是威尔 你知道的 |
[04:23] | Oh, that’s true. | 是的 |
[04:25] | Diane needed Will to run this firm well. | 戴安需要威尔帮忙才能经营好律所 |
[04:28] | They were like yin and yang. | 他俩就像阴阳互补 |
[04:30] | Left brain, right. | 左脑和右脑 |
[04:32] | We need a strong managing partner. | 我们需要一个强势的管理合伙人 |
[04:36] | What about me? | 我怎么样 |
[04:37] | Oh, Howard, you don’t want to do that. | 霍华德 你不会想做的 |
[04:38] | It’s, uh, too much of a hassle. | 太麻烦了 |
[04:40] | Besides, you’re too valued as a senior partner. | 而且 你是不可或缺的高级合伙人 |
[04:42] | Let Canning be the front man. | 让坎宁站在台前 |
[04:43] | You’ll be the… shadow behind the scenes. | 你则在幕后操控 |
[04:46] | Like a puppet master. | 就像傀儡师一样 |
[04:48] | Yes. | 没错 |
[04:49] | We need you to vote for Canning | 我们需要你在明天的合伙人会议上 |
[04:50] | at the partnership meeting tomorrow. | 投坎宁一票 |
[04:53] | Uh, I’ll propose a change in management, | 我将提议在管理方面做出变动 |
[04:55] | and you second it. We have the votes. | 你支持我的提议 我们票数占优 |
[04:58] | What do I get? | 那我有什么好处 |
[04:59] | You’ve been wanting a-an office near the bathrooms, | 你一直想要靠近洗手间的办公室 |
[05:02] | we could do that. And-and… | 可以满足你这一点 |
[05:04] | you can have the biggest one there. | 而且是最大的一间 |
[05:05] | You’re currently napping in your office. This office… | 你目前是在自己办公室里午休 这间… |
[05:08] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[05:09] | What am I doing? | 你说我吗 |
[05:10] | Yes. What is that? | 对 在看什么 |
[05:12] | That’s Lockhart/Gardner. | 洛&加律所 |
[05:13] | They’re trying to bribe Howard Lyman | 他们想贿赂霍华德·莱曼 |
[05:15] | into voting Diane out as managing partner. | 一起投票罢免戴安的管理合伙人资格 |
[05:17] | You can’t be watching that. | 你不该看这个 |
[05:19] | What? Yes, I can. | 什么 我当然可以 |
[05:21] | No, you can’t. Turn it off. | 你不能看 关掉 |
[05:22] | No, Clarke, they left their camera on. | 不 克拉克 是他们自己开着摄像头 |
[05:25] | They thought they turned it off | 他们以为关了显示器 |
[05:26] | when they turned the monitor off. | 就关掉摄像头了 |
[05:27] | I’m just passively watching. | 我只是被动在观看 |
[05:30] | No. | 不行 |
[05:31] | Funny, you don’t seem passive. | 真有意思 你这哪叫被动 |
[05:33] | Your camera’s on, Mr. Canning. | 你的摄像头没关 坎宁先生 |
[05:35] | They can’t hear you, we are muted. | 他们听不见 我们是静音 |
[05:40] | – Stop it. This is ridiculous. – Let go of it. | -别看了 这真荒唐 -你放手 |
[05:41] | – No, you let go! – You’re acting childish. | -不 你放手 -你的行为真幼稚 |
[05:42] | – Oh, I’m acting childish. – Yes, you are, | -还说我幼稚 -你就是幼稚 |
[05:44] | – you’re gonna break it… – Hey, guys, guys. | -你快掰坏了… -你们两个别吵 |
[05:46] | I’m trying to have a meeting here. | 我在跟人谈事情呢 |
[05:47] | Maybe next time get some doors on your conference room. | 下次还是给会议室装个门吧 |
[05:50] | How did you get this? | 你怎么拿到这个的 |
[05:52] | I have someone in Castro’s office. | 我在卡斯特罗的办公室里有人 |
[05:54] | He won’t use it now, | 他现在不会用 |
[05:55] | he’ll wait until Peter’s overcommitted, | 他要等彼得覆水难收 |
[05:57] | or we start spending money on commercials. | 或我们开始砸钱造势时再用 |
[05:58] | So we put it out first. | 那我们就先发制人 |
[06:00] | No. | 不行 |
[06:01] | Well, then how do we fight it? | 那怎么解决这个问题 |
[06:03] | We don’t. That’s a criminal offense. | 不解决 这是刑事犯罪 |
[06:05] | Well, that’s debatable. | 这有待商榷 |
[06:06] | Alicia, it is not debatable. | 艾丽西娅 这没什么好商榷的 |
[06:08] | You bribed a prosecutor | 你贿赂一位检察官 |
[06:10] | to drop drug charges against your sister. | 撤销对你妹妹吸毒的指控 |
[06:11] | I didn’t bribe the prose… | 我没有贿赂检察… |
[06:12] | Oh, you cut a deal to lessen charges on another case. | 你跟他交易 减轻了另一宗案件的控罪 |
[06:15] | – That’s a bribe. – You don’t know what you’re doing. | -这就叫贿赂 -你不知道自己在做什么 |
[06:16] | – I do. – You don’t realize the ramifications… | -我知道 -你没意识到这样做的后果 |
[06:17] | You don’t. You’re gonna break this thing. | 你才不知道 你快把它扯坏了 |
[06:18] | – It’s expensive. – Guys, come on. Cary. | -这很贵的 -你们别这样 凯里 |
[06:21] | – Stop! Stop it! – Stop it. | – 住手 住手 -你住手 |
[06:22] | What’s going on, Eli? | 怎么回事 伊莱 |
[06:24] | Nothing’s going on. | 没什么事 |
[06:26] | Peter is withdrawing his support. | 彼得要撤回对芬恩的支持 |
[06:28] | Oh, come on. He’s endorsed candidates with worse problems. | 少来了 他支持过问题更严重的候选人 |
[06:30] | At least this is sympathetic. | 这至少是显示他的同情心 |
[06:31] | A bribe is not sympathetic. | 贿赂和同情心是两码事 |
[06:33] | She was gonna be eaten alive by the system. | 她会被这个体制生吞活剥掉 |
[06:35] | She needed time to get back on her feet, and both my parents | 她需要时间重新振作起来 我的父母 |
[06:38] | – were at the end of their tether. – Peter’s moving on. | -也快崩溃了 -彼得已经放手了 |
[06:40] | We advise you to withdraw to avoid an embarrassment. | 我们建议你自动退出免得难堪 |
[06:43] | Eli, | 伊莱 |
[06:44] | is this about the photo? | 是因为照片的事吗 |
[06:46] | The photo of Finn leaving my apartment. | 芬恩离开我家的那张照片 |
[06:48] | Alicia, you like Finn. Good for you. | 艾丽西娅 你喜欢芬恩 这是好事 |
[06:50] | He seems like a good person, but put your political hat on. | 他看起来人不错 但你要从政治角度考虑 |
[06:54] | This is not survivable. | 这种事没人能接受 |
[06:56] | Finn’s heroism will be forgotten in three months’ time | 芬恩的英雄形象三个月就被忘光了 |
[06:58] | and all we’ll be left with is | 到时人们就记得一点 |
[07:00] | Peter endorsing a briber. | 彼得支持一个行贿者 |
[07:01] | Oh, here he is. Peter. | 他的电话来了 彼得 |
[07:04] | No, it’s Jackie. | 不 我是杰姬 |
[07:06] | Hello, Alicia. | 你好 艾丽西娅 |
[07:08] | Um, why did you think Peter? | 你怎么会以为是彼得呢 |
[07:10] | Jackie, can I call you back in a minute? | 杰姬 我迟些再打给你好吗 |
[07:11] | Oh, God, what does she want? | 天啊 她又想怎样 |
[07:12] | Oh, no, it’s okay. I just want to know what cake you want. | 不用了 我就问问你想要哪种蛋糕 |
[07:16] | Um… Uh, what? | 什么 |
[07:17] | What kind of cake you want me to make– uh, meringue, | 你想让我做哪种蛋糕 蛋白酥皮呢 |
[07:20] | – devil’s food… Jackie, what… | -魔鬼蛋糕呢 -杰姬 怎么… |
[07:21] | I-I don’t need you to make a cake. | 我不需要你做蛋糕 |
[07:23] | Are you sure? Veronica called | 是吗 维罗妮卡打电话来说 |
[07:24] | and said you wanted me to bake a cake | 你想让我今晚给扎克 |
[07:26] | – for Zach tonight. – No, | -做个蛋糕 -不是 |
[07:28] | I asked her to pick up the cake. | 我是叫她去店里取蛋糕 |
[07:30] | It’s too hot. | 太烫了 |
[07:32] | – I don’t mind making it. – Alicia. | -我不介意做一个 -艾丽西娅 |
[07:35] | – Wha… Where are you going? – Uh, no, I’m right here. | -你去哪里 -我不走 我就在这里 |
[07:37] | – Jackie, hold on a sec. What are you gonna do? – I don’t know. | -杰姬 等等 你怎么打算 -不知道 |
[07:40] | – I’m too angry. – Okay, well, don’t withdraw. | -我太生气了 -你别退出 |
[07:42] | – Let’s talk. – Sorry. | -我们谈谈 -抱歉 |
[07:43] | Alicia, it’s time-sensitive. | 艾丽西娅 有急事 |
[07:45] | Okay. We’ll talk later, okay? | 我们迟些谈谈 好吗 |
[07:48] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[07:50] | Jackie, thanks for the offer, but I’m gonna… | 杰姬 谢谢你的好意 但我… |
[07:53] | Jackie? | 杰姬 |
[07:55] | You can rationalize it any way you want, | 你想找什么借口都行 |
[07:57] | but it would still… | 但这还是… |
[07:58] | I’m not rationalizing anything. Whatever we do, | 我没找任何借口 不管要怎么做 |
[08:00] | it’s a partner’s decision. You’re not a partner. | 那都由合伙人来定 而你不是合伙人 |
[08:02] | Hey,hey, hey, one second. All right… | 好了 好了 别争了 |
[08:05] | Diane is great, but she’s still struggling. | 戴安是不错 但她还在挣扎 |
[08:06] | We don’t want her gone, | 我们不是想她走人 |
[08:07] | we just want to… nudge her aside. | 只是让她靠边站 |
[08:10] | – That they left their camera on? – Yes. | -他们没关摄像头吗 -是的 |
[08:11] | – And they can’t see us? – No. | -那他们看不见我们吗 -是的 |
[08:13] | And we’re trying to figure out what to do. | 我们正在商量怎么办 |
[08:15] | We know what to do. We have to turn it off. | 这还用说吗 当然应该关掉 |
[08:16] | No, it’s not our mistake. | 这不是我们的错 |
[08:18] | It’s their mistake. We have to zealously represent our client. | 是他们的错 我们应热忱地为当事人代理 |
[08:21] | Not by cheating. | 作弊不算 |
[08:22] | It’s not cheating. According to the ABA… | 这不叫作弊 根据美国律协… |
[08:24] | It’s an inadvertent disclosure. | 这属于因疏忽而泄密 |
[08:26] | It’s like if someone accidentally sent you their-their courtroom strategy. | 就像有人不小心把庭审策略发给你了 |
[08:29] | Exactly. You have to return it. | 没错 你得退回去 |
[08:30] | No, you don’t. You have to zealously represent your client by using it. | 用不着 你要利用它热忱地为当事人代理 |
[08:34] | People think by adding “zealously” to everything, | 这年头事事都加个「热忱地」 |
[08:35] | it makes it all right. | 好像这样做什么都是对的 |
[08:37] | “A lawyer who receives documents not intended for them | 「如果律师收到并非旨在发给他们的文件 |
[08:40] | should refrain from examining the documents | 则应避免阅读该文件 |
[08:42] | and notify the sending lawyer.” | 并通知发送者」 |
[08:44] | That is the equivalent of a document. | 这就相当于文件 |
[08:45] | Those are the 1992 rules. The new rules do not say | 那是1992年的规定 新的规定没说 |
[08:49] | that the lawyer must refrain from using the information. | 律师应避免使用该信息 |
[08:52] | Where are you reading that? | 你在哪找到的 |
[08:53] | Follow the link. The new rules leave it up to the lawyers. | 后面有链接 新规定说由律师自己决定 |
[08:55] | No. The ABA says the lawyer must consult with the client. | 不对 律协规定说的是律师须与当事人协商 |
[09:00] | You’re the one being sued for $6 million, Alicia. | 被起诉赔六百万的人是你 艾丽西娅 |
[09:03] | So do we leave it on or turn it off? | 你来决定是开着还是关掉 |
[09:04] | Okay, then. | 那好 |
[09:06] | We’re counting on you. Thank you. | 那就全靠你了 谢谢 |
[09:08] | Well, they’re not talking about trial strategy, | 他们讨论的不是庭审策略 |
[09:10] | they’re talking about moving Diane out. | 而是怎么排挤戴安 |
[09:12] | Has nothing to do with us. | 这跟我们没关系 |
[09:13] | – So we turn it off? – Yes. | -那我们要把它关了吗 -对啊 |
[09:15] | Oh… This is such a mistake. | 这可犯了大错 |
[09:16] | We can’t turn their side off, | 我们关不了他们那边的摄像头 |
[09:18] | we can only tell them they left it on. | 只能告诉他们摄像头还开着了 |
[09:20] | Wait. | 等等 |
[09:22] | They’ll think we were listening. | 他们会觉得我们在偷听 |
[09:23] | – We were listening. – Is that a good thing or a bad thing? | -我们的确在偷听 -这事是好是坏 |
[09:31] | Mr. Canning? David Lee? | 坎宁先生 大卫·李 |
[09:33] | You left your camera on. | 你们的摄像头还开着 |
[09:35] | Think he’ll stick with us? | 你觉得他会站在我们这边吗 |
[09:36] | Who knows? | 谁知道 |
[09:37] | Howard can’t remember what he ate this morning. | 霍华德连他早餐吃的什么都记不得 |
[09:39] | Must be muted on their end. … Florrick-Agos. | 得让他们保持沉默 福&艾律所 |
[09:41] | We need to call them. | 我们得打电话给他们 |
[09:42] | Then we can handle Florrick-Agos next. | 接下来我们就能摆平福&艾律所 |
[09:45] | Did you talk to her? | 你跟她谈过了吗 |
[09:45] | The wife? Yeah, I spoke to her after the deposition. | 妻子吗 取证后我跟她谈了 |
[09:48] | – She believes you? – Yeah. | -她相信你吗 -是的 |
[09:50] | We just agreed that we can’t do this. | 我们刚刚一致同意不能这样 |
[09:52] | – Clarke. – And they have no idea? | -克拉克 -他们还不知情吗 |
[09:54] | No, Florrick-Agos? None. | 福瑞克&艾格斯律所吗 不知情 |
[09:56] | Uh, I think she feels betrayed by them. | 我认为她觉得被他们背叛了 |
[09:58] | You got to make nice with her, though. | 但你还是得多讨好她 |
[10:00] | – Mrs. Gopnik? – I know, she likes me. | -高普尼克夫人 -我知道 她喜欢我 |
[10:02] | And we just blame it on Alicia. | 我们只要把一切责任推给艾丽西娅 |
[10:04] | And Florrick-Agos is done. | 福瑞克&艾格斯律所就完了 |
[10:06] | Done and gone in 48 hours. | 48小时内彻底玩完 |
[10:08] | Diane’s gonna want to save Alicia, you know? | 戴安会想救艾丽西娅的 你知道吗 |
[10:11] | Well, we’ll get Chumhum, we’ll take Paisley, | 等我们签回查查网 佩斯里集团 |
[10:13] | and then we’ll decide what to do with her. | 再决定如何处理她 |
[10:17] | That doesn’t change anything. | 这改变不了什么 |
[10:18] | We have to tell them it’s on. | 我们必须告诉他们摄像头还开着 |
[10:20] | They just said they’re gonna destroy us in 48 hours. | 他们刚刚说要在48小时内彻底搞垮我们 |
[10:24] | That changes everything. | 这改变了一切 |
[10:40] | Well, we were listening, so now we have to… | 我们听到了些 所以现在我们必须 |
[10:42] | – now we have to decipher… – So now we’re all overreacting. | -我们得解读一下 -我们反应过度了 |
[10:44] | what it was that they… | 他们想要做什么 |
[10:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:48] | What did they say, exactly? | 他们到底说了什么 |
[10:49] | They said they talked to Mrs. Gopnik. | 他们说已经跟高普尼克太太谈过了 |
[10:50] | No, they said they talked to the wife. | 不 他们说已经和妻子谈过了 |
[10:52] | I heard “Waif.” | 我听到的是流浪汉 |
[10:53] | “Waif”? What does that even mean? | 流浪汉 这能是什么意思 |
[10:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:55] | No. Canning said he talked to the wife after the deposition. | 不 坎宁说取证结束后他和妻子谈过了 |
[10:59] | And that Florrick-Agos would collapse in 48 hours. | 福&艾律所48小时之内就会瓦解 |
[11:01] | And that Mrs. Gopnik feels betrayed by us. | 高普尼克夫人觉得我们背叛了她 |
[11:03] | – Why? – I don’t know. | -为什么 -我不知道 |
[11:04] | But it sounds like they’re lying to her. | 但听起来他们在欺骗她 |
[11:06] | Remember? David Lee said, “Did she believe you?” | 记得吗 大卫·李说 她相信你吗 |
[11:08] | It makes no sense. | 这讲不通啊 |
[11:09] | She’s suing both firms for $6 million. | 她总共向两家律所索赔六百万美金 |
[11:12] | I mean, even if we settle, | 即使我们和解了 |
[11:13] | $3 million– it won’t destroy us. | 区区三百万美金也搞不跨我们 |
[11:15] | They said they wanted to blame me. | 他们说要把一切怪罪到我身上 |
[11:16] | – For what? – We couldn’t hear the rest. | -怪罪什么 -我们没听到其余部分 |
[11:17] | Lockhart/Gardner made a deal with Mrs. Gopnik, | 洛&加律所和高普尼克夫人达成了协议 |
[11:19] | and she turned on Alicia? | 然后她会冲着艾丽西娅来 |
[11:20] | It still wouldn’t destroy us. | 这还是搞不跨我们 |
[11:21] | It would if Alicia couldn’t practice law. | 若艾丽西娅做不成律师就另当别论了 |
[11:26] | If we lose Alicia, | 如果我们失去了艾丽西娅 |
[11:27] | we lose Chumhum, Paisley, a lot of others. | 就失去了查查网 佩斯里集团等客户 |
[11:31] | They’re trying to disbar her? | 他们想要取消她的律师资格吗 |
[11:32] | Is there any other mistake in the adoption work? | 收养案的过程中有什么差错吗 |
[11:35] | Something disbarrable? | 可因此取消你律师资格的 |
[11:36] | I don’t think so, but David Lee was involved, | 我觉得没有 但大卫·李掺和在里面 |
[11:38] | so anything’s possible. | 所以一切皆有可能 |
[11:39] | Okay, so, we go through the discovery. | 好吧 那我们仔细检查一下材料 |
[11:41] | – We go through everything. – Wait. | -我们仔细检查下所有东西 -等等 |
[11:44] | You know, just get it ready for ’em to come. | 为他们的到来做好准备 |
[11:46] | There’s five lawyers and a court reporter, okay? | 会来五名律师和一名法庭书记员 行吗 |
[11:48] | Just clear everything out. | 把东西都清理好 |
[11:59] | Yes. | 好的 |
[12:01] | – Hello, Grace. What’s up? – No, it’s Mom. | -格蕾丝 怎么了 -是我 妈妈 |
[12:03] | We’re looking for flour. Where do you keep your flour? | 我们在找面粉 你把面粉放哪了 |
[12:05] | I’m at work, Mom. I’m working! | 我在工作 妈妈 我在工作 |
[12:07] | Found it. | 找到了 |
[12:08] | Oh, no problem. We got it. | 没事了 我们找到了 |
[12:11] | Who’s there with you? | 你跟谁在一起 |
[12:12] | Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[12:14] | Jackie’s there? | 杰姬在那儿吗 |
[12:15] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[12:16] | Cary, this is exactly like the NSA. | 凯里 这和国安局事件如出一辙 |
[12:19] | We were outraged when they listened to us. | 他们窃听我们的时候 我们愤恨至极 |
[12:21] | Clarke, I’m responsible for 60 employees. | 克拉克 我得对60名员工负责 |
[12:24] | This is a decision I made | 我之所以做这个决定 |
[12:25] | because I don’t want to see those 60 people out of work. | 是因为我不想眼睁睁地看这60个人失业 |
[12:27] | By that logic, you can justify any decision. | 照这个逻辑 你能为任何决定狡辩 |
[12:29] | Yes… but I won’t. | 是的 但我不会的 |
[12:32] | Now, help us look through the adoption discovery. | 现在来帮忙仔细过一遍收养案的证据材料 |
[12:35] | So, how did he take it? | 他当时什么反应 |
[12:37] | Not great. | 不太好 |
[12:40] | But don’t worry. He’ll back out. It’s his only play. | 别担心 他会退出的 他别无选择 |
[12:42] | By the way, have you been, uh, wearing perfume back here? | 顺便问一句 你在这儿喷过香水吗 |
[12:46] | Yeah. You don’t like it? | 是啊 你不喜欢吗 |
[12:48] | Jackie. | 是杰姬 |
[12:49] | She likes to sit at your desk when you’re not here. | 你不在的时候她喜欢坐你的位置 |
[12:53] | You know, it’s odd that he wrote her as “Lady Macbeth.” | 他将她比作「麦克白夫人」略显奇怪 |
[12:56] | I think “Mother Macbeth” would have made more sense. | 我觉得「麦克白老妈」更对头 |
[12:59] | Well, who’s our replacement going to be? | 我们要选谁做替任者 |
[13:01] | For Jackie? I don’t know. | 替换杰姬吗 我不知道 |
[13:02] | – I could make up a list. – Very funny. | -我可以列个名单 -真好笑 |
[13:05] | Someone who’s already vetted. | 最好是已经被审核过的人 |
[13:07] | You’re getting a reputation. | 你能因此备受赞誉 |
[13:09] | What about Diane? | 戴安怎么样 |
[13:11] | Diane Lockhart? | 戴安·洛克哈德 |
[13:12] | She’s already been vetted. | 她已经接受过审核 |
[13:14] | You don’t think she’d make a good State’s Attorney? | 你不觉得她能成为一名优秀的州检察官吗 |
[13:15] | I think she’d make a great state’s attorney. | 我觉得她能成为一名优秀的检察官 |
[13:16] | I don’t know if she’d do it. | 但我不知道她是否愿意 |
[13:18] | We stood her up at the altar already, remember? | 我们让她成为了祭坛上的牺牲品 记得吗 |
[13:20] | Let’s set up a meeting. | 先安排一个会面吧 |
[13:22] | Persuade her. | 劝服她 |
[13:23] | She’d bring real stature to the office. | 她会为我们带来不俗的声望 |
[13:25] | So, Howard, what do I have to do to get your vote? | 霍华德 我得做什么才能得到你那票 |
[13:30] | What do you have to do? | 你需要做什么 |
[13:32] | I don’t know. What can you do? | 我不知道 你能做什么 |
[13:34] | Well, you’ve been wanting a different office for quite a while. | 你想换办公室已经很久了 |
[13:36] | No. I’m good. | 不 我很好 |
[13:40] | Canning offered it to you? | 坎宁给你换了吗 |
[13:42] | No. | 不是 |
[13:45] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[13:45] | What do you want, Howard? | 你想要什么 霍华德 |
[13:48] | You know how long I’ve been a lawyer? | 你知道我干律师这一行多久了吗 |
[13:50] | – 55 years. – Really? | -55年了 -真的吗 |
[13:52] | Yeah. In all of those 55 years, | 是啊 这55年来 |
[13:54] | never once have I cross-examined anybody. | 我从未盘问过任何人 |
[13:58] | You want to question a witness? | 你想要盘问证人吗 |
[13:59] | Well, I was second chair on the Paisley case, | 佩斯里的案子我担任的是次席律师 |
[14:02] | and I liked it. | 我很喜欢 |
[14:02] | Excuse me. Ms. Lockhart? | 打扰一下 洛克哈特女士 |
[14:03] | Uh, not right now, Bonnie. | 稍等一下 邦妮 |
[14:04] | The governor is on line two. | 州长在二号线 |
[14:09] | Okay, I’ll, uh… I’ll get it. | 好的 我这就去接 |
[14:11] | Howard, if you vote my way, | 霍华德 如果你投票给我 |
[14:13] | I will let you question in court. | 我会让你站上法庭 |
[14:15] | Mr. Canning and David Lee will do the same. | 坎宁先生和大卫·李也会的 |
[14:17] | No, they won’t. | 不 他们不会 |
[14:18] | David Lee doesn’t think you’re up to it. | 大卫·李认为你胜任不了 |
[14:20] | I do. One second. | 而我不这么认为 稍等 |
[14:22] | Hello, Governor Florrick. | 你好 福瑞克州长 |
[14:23] | Hi, Diane. Thanks for taking my call. | 你好 戴安 谢谢你接了电话 |
[14:25] | Listen, uh, could we meet with you sometime today, Eli and myself? | 今天能抽空和伊莱与我见个面吗 |
[14:29] | You and…? | 你和… |
[14:31] | Uh, certainly. Regarding? | 当然可以 是什么事 |
[14:34] | Well, I think it would be better if we explained it in person. | 这个我们见了面再谈吧 |
[14:37] | So, how about around 5:00? Is that good for you? | 五点左右怎么样 你有空吗 |
[14:39] | Uh, good. | 好的 |
[14:40] | I-I look forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[14:43] | See you then. | 到时见 |
[14:46] | The Supreme Court? | 最高法院的空缺 |
[14:47] | I don’t know. I mean, that would be odd. | 我不知道 如果是就太奇怪了 |
[14:48] | – Well, they haven’t filled the seat yet. – It’s probably nothing. | -他们是还没找到人 -可能没什么 |
[14:51] | A committee or something. | 委员会之类的小事吧 |
[14:53] | Come with me. | 和我一起去 |
[14:54] | What? | 什么 |
[14:55] | No. I want a… I want a posse there. | 我想有个人陪着 |
[14:57] | Uh, Diane, I-I really don’t think I’m right. | 戴安 我真不觉得我是合适的人选 |
[14:59] | Yes, you are right. | 你是最佳人选 |
[15:00] | Howard, how would you like to question a witness today? | 霍华德 想不想今天就询问证人 |
[15:03] | Uh, I think we should… | 我觉得我们应该… |
[15:05] | It’s a deposition. | 就是个取证而已 |
[15:06] | Whatever he doesn’t cover, we’ll follow up. | 他没问到的 我们会善后 |
[15:08] | What do you say, Howard? | 你觉得怎么样 霍华德 |
[15:10] | Anything yet? I’m being deposed in about 30 minutes. | 找到什么了没 半小时后我就要接受取证了 |
[15:13] | Nothing yet. | 还没有 |
[15:14] | They could have kept it out of discovery. | 他们可能没放在辩护材料里 |
[15:15] | If David Lee had anything to do with it, that’s my bet. | 我猜是大卫·李搞的鬼 |
[15:17] | You think they’re gonna sandbag me at the deposition? | 你觉得他们会在取证时给我下绊子 |
[15:20] | Possibly. | 有可能 |
[15:20] | Here’s the other thing. | 来商量件事 |
[15:29] | Robyn and I were talking. | 罗宾和我刚在说 |
[15:30] | We think you should go over there to be deposed. | 我们觉得你去他们那接受取证比较好 |
[15:33] | Lockhart/Gardner? Why? | 洛&加律所吗 为什么 |
[15:34] | So they don’t turn off the teleconferencing camera, or…? | 因为他们没关掉远程会议的摄像头 还是 |
[15:37] | Not just that. | 不仅如此 |
[15:38] | Tell them you want to discuss the discovery, | 你跟他们说你想问问 |
[15:40] | what documents are missing. | 辩护材料中有没有丢了什么文件 |
[15:41] | They’re not gonna say anything. | 他们肯定不会说的 |
[15:43] | Not in your presence. | 你在的时候是不会说 |
[15:45] | You’re kidding. | 开玩笑呢 |
[15:46] | No. After you leave, we’ll see | 没有 你离开后 我们就会搞清楚 |
[15:47] | what they say about missing documents. | 辩护材料存在的猫腻 |
[15:49] | It’s smart. | 聪明吧 |
[15:50] | – It’s slimy. – They’re trying to set us up. | -有点下作吧 -他们正在给我们下套 |
[15:53] | Trying to set you up. | 正在给你下套 |
[15:55] | It’s not slimy. It’s self-defense. | 这不是下作 这是自卫 |
[15:59] | Mrs. Florrick, thanks for coming to our place. | 福瑞克女士 感谢你的光临 |
[16:00] | It wasn’t necessary. | 但没什么必要呢 |
[16:02] | I didn’t want any misunderstanding in the transmission. | 我不想因为传输设备的原因产生误解 |
[16:05] | Mr. Schmidt, Mr. Canning, Diane. | 施密特先生 坎宁先生 戴安 |
[16:08] | I never rate, do I? | 我就没入过您的法眼 对吧 |
[16:10] | David. | 大卫 |
[16:12] | How are you? | 近来如何啊 |
[16:13] | Peachy keen. | 不能更好 |
[16:14] | Shall we start? | 能开始了吗 |
[16:15] | I have no questions for Alicia. | 我没有要问艾丽西娅的问题 |
[16:17] | Diane? | 戴安 |
[16:18] | Yes, Howard actually has some questions. | 霍华德有问题要问 |
[16:20] | Wait. What? | 等等 你说什么 |
[16:22] | Howard is going to examine Alicia. | 由霍华德盘问艾丽西娅 |
[16:24] | – He… No, he isn’t. – Yes, he is. | -他…不是他 -是的 就是他 |
[16:26] | I have the utmost confidence in Howard. | 我对霍华德有十足的信心 |
[16:29] | You don’t, David? | 你没有吗 大卫 |
[16:32] | – Do you, uh, want us to step out for a second? – No, no. | -要我们先出去一下吗 -不 不用 |
[16:35] | We’re good. Howard? | 我们没问题 霍华德 |
[16:37] | – I… – Shut up. Shut up. | -我…-别说了 别说了 |
[16:40] | Lyman? Why Howard Lyman? | 莱曼 为什么是霍华德·莱曼 |
[16:42] | He’s an idiot. | 他是个傻子啊 |
[16:43] | Is your name Alicia Florrick? | 你的名字是艾丽西娅·福瑞克吗 |
[16:46] | It is. | 是的 |
[16:47] | And did you bribe the Indian council? | 你有没有贿赂印第安议会 |
[16:49] | You mean, the Tribal council? | 你是指部落议会 |
[16:51] | Well, the Tribal council and the Indian council is the same thing. | 部落议会和印第安议会不是一回事嘛 |
[16:55] | I don’t believe they refer to themselves with that colloquialism. | 我不认为他们会同意这样的方言化表述 |
[16:58] | Would you just answer the question? | 你就不能直接回答问题吗 |
[17:00] | I did not bribe the Tribal council. | 我没有贿赂部落议会 |
[17:02] | And you expect us to believe that? | 你觉得我们会相信你吗 |
[17:04] | I do. | 是的 |
[17:05] | You did everything else on the case. | 这件案子的其他所有事你都包办了 |
[17:07] | Yes, but David Lee– behind my back– | 没错 但是大卫·李却瞒着我 |
[17:10] | attempted to bribe the Tribal council, | 想要贿赂部落议会 |
[17:12] | and that’s why this adoption fell through. | 这也是这起收养未能成功的原因 |
[17:14] | But, uh, what is this? | 但 这是什么 |
[17:18] | A Xerox of a take-out menu. | 外卖店的菜单复印件 |
[17:22] | What is this? | 这个呢 |
[17:26] | Um, it’s a transcript. | 一个副本 |
[17:27] | A transcript of a deposition, to be exact. | 准确地说 是一次取证的副本 |
[17:30] | It’s not offensive to say “Indian council.” | 说「印第安议会」并不冒犯人 |
[17:33] | They don’t mind “Indian.” | 他们并不介意「印第安」 |
[17:34] | What the hell? | 我勒个去 |
[17:35] | Would you read from here, Mrs. Florrick? | 能否读一下这里 福瑞克夫人 |
[17:37] | Question: “How do you turn this thing on? | 问题 「应该如何开机 |
[17:39] | Is this the new kind of smart phone?” Answer: “Yes.” | 这是新款的智能手机吗」 回答「是的」 |
[17:42] | Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 等下 等下 |
[17:44] | You mean, here. | 是这里吧 |
[17:46] | Question: “On March 6, 2013, | 问题 「2013年3月6日 |
[17:48] | did you send Chief Joshua Proudfoot of The Chippewa Nation | 你是否送给齐佩瓦族酋长乔舒亚·普劳德富特 |
[17:52] | $10,000 in cash to induce the tribe | 一万美元现金诱使该部落 |
[17:54] | not to object to this adoption?” | 不拒绝这次收养行为」 |
[17:56] | Answer: “I did.” | 回答 「是的」 |
[17:57] | – So you did? – No. I just read that. | -所以你做了 -不是 我只是在读 |
[17:59] | This was one of your associates being deposed. | 这是你们律所的一位律师在接受取证 |
[18:01] | But what does it say next? | 那下面呢 |
[18:04] | You want me to keep reading? | 你想要我继续往下读 |
[18:05] | I demand that you keep reading. | 我命令你继续往下读 |
[18:09] | Question: | 问题 |
[18:09] | “And at whose direction did you deliver this inducement?” | 「在谁的指使下 你进行了这次贿赂」 |
[18:12] | Answer: “Alicia Florrick.” | 回答 「艾丽西娅·福瑞克」 |
[18:13] | Aha. There it is in black and white. | 看见了吧 白纸黑字 |
[18:16] | – He’s lying. – Is he? | -他在撒谎 -是吗 |
[18:18] | – Or are you lying? – He’s lying. | -还是你在撒谎 -他在撒谎 |
[18:21] | Why would the associate lie? | 他为什么要撒谎 |
[18:22] | There’s no reason. | 没有理由啊 |
[18:23] | Because he wanted to be made a partner here, | 因为他想要成为律所合伙人 |
[18:25] | and you made him a partner here. | 你们让他成了合伙人 |
[18:28] | It’s not a reason. | 不是这样的 |
[18:29] | Actually, it is. | 这就是原因 |
[18:31] | Maybe it’s a smokescreen? | 可能这只是烟雾弹 |
[18:32] | They’re trying to lull us into a false sense of security? | 他们试图营造安全感的假象 来骗我们 |
[18:36] | Okay, so I’m lulled. | 好吧 我承认我被骗到了 |
[18:38] | – Good job, Howard. – Fun. | -做得好 霍华德 -很有意思 |
[18:42] | Um, do you have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[18:43] | – I have a question I’d like to ask you two. – What? | -我有个问题想问问你们 -什么问题 |
[18:45] | Okay, here we go. | 重头戏开始 |
[18:46] | I would like to do it in private? | 我希望能私下谈 |
[18:48] | Fine. We can go in my office. | 好吧 我们可以去我办公室谈 |
[18:52] | Damn it. Keep them there. | 该死 他们需要留在那 |
[18:55] | Actually, um, can we do it, uh, here? | 我们可以在这谈吗 |
[18:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:03] | Yeah, uh, I… I didn’t want to take Will’s office. | 我…我不是有意要用威尔办公室的 |
[19:07] | I just thought it would be best if clients didn’t see it empty. | 我认为让客户看到空的办公室不好 |
[19:10] | We can do it here. | 我们可以在这谈 |
[19:17] | Uh, well, what is it? | 什么问题 |
[19:20] | What documents did you leave out of the discovery? | 你们到底漏了什么文件没有给我们 |
[19:22] | What documents? No documents. What are you talking about? | 什么文件 没有的事 你在说什么 |
[19:24] | We made copies of everything when we left Lockhart/Gardner, | 我们在离开洛&加律所时拷贝了所有的文件 |
[19:26] | so if there are any additional documents, | 如果有另外的文件 |
[19:28] | we’ll be able to check. | 我们可以查到的 |
[19:29] | Are you accusing us of…? | 你是在指责我们… |
[19:30] | Alicia, I-I don’t understand. | 艾丽西娅 我不明白 |
[19:32] | What are you saying? | 你想说什么 |
[19:33] | I don’t want this to get confrontational. | 我不想在这事上太激进 |
[19:34] | I just want to warn you: | 我只想提醒你 |
[19:36] | we’ll look askance at any late-arriving evidence. | 我们会质疑所有晚送来的文件 |
[19:42] | Okay, here we go. | 好戏开始 |
[19:44] | What was that about? | 这到底是怎么回事儿 |
[19:45] | I have no idea. | 我毫无头绪 |
[19:46] | She’s warning us. Why? | 她在警告我们 为什么呢 |
[19:48] | Not gonna say anything with Diane there. | 当着戴安的面 他们什么都不会说的 |
[19:50] | Not unless… | 除非 |
[19:54] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:57] | – What is it? – Can you zoom in? | -怎么了 -你能放大吗 |
[20:00] | Not without them knowing. | 不能 不然他们会发现 |
[20:00] | – Can you record it? – No. | -能录像吗 -不能 |
[20:02] | It’s a live stream. Why? | 这全是现场直播 怎么了 |
[20:09] | Oh, it’s not what we thought. | 不是我们想的那样 |
[20:09] | They don’t have the wife that we thought. | 他们手上有的 不是我们猜的那个妻子 |
[20:11] | It’s not Mrs. Gopnik? | 不是高普尼克夫人吗 |
[20:15] | No. | 是的 |
[20:16] | Mrs Lampard is here. | 兰帕德夫人到了 |
[20:17] | Oh, great. In my office. | 来 我们去我办公室谈 |
[20:20] | – Who is it? – Deena Lampard. | -那是谁 -迪娜·兰帕德 |
[20:22] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[20:22] | Neil Gross’s wife. | 尼尔·格罗斯的妻子 |
[20:25] | Oh, crap. | 该死 |
[20:26] | Yeah. They have Mrs. Chumhum, and we’re screwed. | 他们有查查网太太 我们这下惨了 |
[20:36] | That smells good. | 闻起来真香 |
[20:38] | Well, had to make due with what’s here. | 巧妇难为无米之炊 |
[20:41] | It’s not my best. | 这不是我最好的水平 |
[20:42] | Why do you always do that? | 你为什么总是这样呢 |
[20:43] | I just gave you a compliment, | 我刚刚是夸奖你 |
[20:44] | and you made it sound like an accusation. | 而你像是把它当做指责 |
[20:46] | I’m just trying to explain why… | 我只是在解释为什么… |
[20:48] | Ugh. You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[20:51] | Your daughter always accused me of the same thing. | 你女儿也是经常这样说我 |
[20:53] | I guess she’s a lot like me, | 我女儿像我 |
[20:54] | and Peter’s a lot like you. | 彼得像你 |
[20:56] | Now, that sounded like an accusation. | 现在听起来像是指责 |
[20:59] | It did, didn’t it? | 确实很像 不是吗 |
[21:02] | I see where Alicia’s drinking comes from. | 我可以看出艾丽西娅为什么喜欢喝酒 |
[21:05] | And Peter’s rudeness. | 彼得为什么目中无人 |
[21:07] | No wonder they’re splitting up. | 怪不得他们分居了 |
[21:09] | – What? – No wonder they’re splitting up, | -什么 -怪不得他们分居了 |
[21:11] | or not splitting up, or just doing the power couple thing. | 或没分居 只是像当权夫妻一样生活 |
[21:14] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[21:15] | Forwarding their own careers | 互相帮助对方的职业 |
[21:16] | while sleeping with anyone they want. | 同时可以随意和想睡的人睡 |
[21:21] | They’re not doing that. | 他们才没有这么做呢 |
[21:22] | Oh, yes, they are. | 他们有的 |
[21:23] | – Where did you hear that? – From my son. | -你是从哪听来的 -我儿子那 |
[21:25] | Alicia talks to him. | 艾丽西娅跟他说的 |
[21:28] | Well, that’s awful. | 那太糟糕了 |
[21:29] | Oh, it’s fine. | 我不觉得 |
[21:30] | They’re getting along better than they did when they were sleeping together. | 他们这样比睡在一起更好相处 |
[21:34] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[21:37] | I don’t like the way you’re waving this in my face. | 我不喜欢你拿这事在我面前说事 |
[21:39] | I am hardly waving this in your face. | 我才没有在你面前说事 |
[21:43] | Hi, Mom. | 妈 |
[21:43] | Oh, hi, honey. | 你好 宝贝 |
[21:44] | It’s not Mom. How are you, Grace? | 你妈不在 你最近好吗 格蕾丝 |
[21:46] | We’re making dinner. | 我们在做晚饭 |
[21:50] | So, | 所以说 |
[21:51] | this isn’t about Mrs. Gopnik at all? | 这完全跟高普尼克太太没关系 |
[21:53] | This is about Mrs. Gross? | 这是关于格罗斯太太 |
[21:56] | It looked like her. | 那看起来像是她 |
[21:58] | Last time I saw her was | 我上次见她是在飞机上 |
[21:59] | during their fight over their prenup. | 他们那时正打算飞去签婚前协议 |
[22:01] | We lose Chumhum, | 我们会失去查查网 |
[22:02] | that would close our doors, right? | 这会让我们结业 是吗 |
[22:03] | It’s still 75% of our operating income. | 我们还有75%的收入 |
[22:06] | Does she have that much sway over her husband? | 她对她丈夫有这么大的影响力吗 |
[22:09] | Did you try Neil Gross? | 你有联系上尼尔·格罗斯吗 |
[22:11] | He’s traveling in China. | 他现在在中国出差 |
[22:12] | They said, “Does she believe you?” | 他们说 她相信你吗 |
[22:14] | That’s what they said in the teleconference? | 他们在远程会议里是这么说的吗 |
[22:16] | – Yes. – So they’re lying to her. | -是的 -所以说他们在骗她 |
[22:19] | – About us. – So we meet with her. | -关于我们的事 -我们该见见她 |
[22:20] | – Ask her if she’s happy. – No. | -问问她对我们服务是否满意 -不 |
[22:22] | Cary, you do it. She liked you. | 凯里 你来打 她喜欢你 |
[22:24] | Work your magic. | 露一手 |
[22:26] | God, I am the new Will. | 老天啊 我现在成新威尔了 |
[22:29] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:30] | – Hello. – Hey, it’s me. | -你好 -是我 |
[22:32] | Sorry to bother you at work. | 很抱歉在你上班的时候打扰你 |
[22:34] | Oh, no, that’s okay, Peter. | 不 没事 彼得 |
[22:35] | What do you need? | 什么事 |
[22:35] | This is gonna seem like an odd question. | 这问题听起来可能会有些奇怪 |
[22:39] | Do you know where your casserole dish is? | 你知道你那炖肉用的浅锅在哪吗 |
[22:42] | What? | 什么 |
[22:43] | Mother called. She said she couldn’t call you. | 妈刚打电话来 她说她联系不到你 |
[22:46] | They’re making lasagna at your apartment. | 她们正在你公寓 做千层面 |
[22:48] | Oh, dear mother of God. She called you? | 我的亲娘啊 她打给你了 |
[22:51] | They sound like they’ve been drinking. | 听起来她们在喝酒 |
[22:53] | I’m gonna kill them. | 我要灭了她们 |
[22:55] | I’m in a meeting, so I really don’t know… | 我正在开会 所以我真的不知道… |
[22:57] | Peter, just tell them to stop. | 彼得 你赶紧阻止他们 |
[22:59] | This needs to stop. Seriously. | 她们需要停止 我说真的 |
[23:01] | I would go there myself with a hatchet, | 如果能 我现在真想立马过去 |
[23:03] | but I’m in the middle of something here. | 但我手上正好有事 |
[23:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:07] | You didn’t, uh… | 你没有… |
[23:09] | you didn’t say anything to mother about us, | 你没有告诉妈咱俩的事吧 |
[23:11] | about our situation, did you? | 关于我们的情况 |
[23:13] | To Jackie? No. Why? | 杰姬吗 没啊 怎么了 |
[23:16] | She mentioned something about wanting to talk to both of us. | 她刚说要跟我们俩谈谈 |
[23:20] | Alicia, we need you over here. | 艾丽西娅 我们需要你过来下 |
[23:22] | Uh, we’re not talking to Jackie. | 我们千万别和杰姬谈 |
[23:25] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:26] | Anyway, how do you feel about tomorrow? | 你对明天有何感想 |
[23:29] | – Tomorrow? – Empty nest? | -明天怎么了 -空巢家长啊 |
[23:32] | I’ll be fine. I’ll see you tonight at 8:00. | 我没事 晚上八点见 |
[23:36] | Oh, Eli. | 伊莱 |
[23:39] | You busy? | 你有空吗 |
[23:41] | I thought we were only watching things that had to do with us. | 我以为我们只看和我们有关的事呢 |
[23:44] | – This does. – Alicia was open to the idea at one point, | -这就是 -艾丽西娅曾愿意接受这个主意 |
[23:47] | but others were reluctant. | 但其他人不太乐意 |
[23:48] | What can we offer them? Guaranteed partnerships? | 我们能承诺他们什么呢 合伙人吗 |
[23:50] | – They want to merge? – Diane does. | -他们想合并吗 -戴安想 |
[23:52] | I don’t think Canning’s scheme has anything to do with this. | 我觉得坎宁的计划恐怕与此无关 |
[23:54] | Cary wants three years of segregated Chumhum money. | 凯里想要三年独占的查查网收益 |
[23:58] | – We can’t do that. – I know. | -我们不能同意这个条件 -我知道 |
[24:00] | Can you talk to him, Kalinda, see what you can do? | 你能和他谈谈吗 凯琳达 看看有什么办法 |
[24:03] | I know we keep asking this of you, | 我知道我们总是让你这样做 |
[24:05] | but it’s important. | 但这件事很重要 |
[24:09] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[24:11] | What can she do? | 她能做什么 |
[24:13] | I guess I don’t understand. | 我不是很明白 |
[24:14] | Kalinda has a way with Cary. | 凯琳达对凯里有一套 |
[24:16] | We’ve exploited this before. | 我们利用过这一点 |
[24:19] | So, Canning will vote against the merger, | 那么 坎宁会投票反对合并 |
[24:23] | so we wait until after the managing partnership vote. | 所以我们要等到管理合伙人投票结束后 |
[24:26] | I go to Florrick-Agos. We guarantee them | 我去找福&艾律所 承诺他们 |
[24:29] | an equal number of seats on the managing committees | 管理委员会里等额的席位 |
[24:32] | and 18 months of segregated Chumhum profit. | 和十八个月独占的查查网收益 |
[24:37] | Hello. | 你好 |
[24:38] | Cary, uh, what are you doing? | 凯里 在干什么呢 |
[24:40] | Working. | 工作 |
[24:41] | Are we still on for 6:00 this evening? | 我们今晚六点还见面吗 |
[24:46] | 6:00. | 六点 |
[24:50] | Do you still want to be? | 你还想见面吗 |
[24:52] | Yeah. Um, don’t you? | 当然 你不想吗 |
[24:55] | Sure. | 当然想 |
[24:57] | You’re being weird. | 你听上去怪怪的 |
[24:58] | Look, I’ll see you tonight at 6:00, okay? | 晚上六点见好吗 |
[25:00] | Yep. | 好的 |
[25:07] | We need to discuss this. | 我们要谈一谈这个问题 |
[25:09] | Where? | 在哪儿 |
[25:11] | Can I just say | 我能说 |
[25:12] | this was a stupid design choice? | 这真是个愚蠢的设计吗 |
[25:13] | We need someplace with walls and doors. | 我们需要一些有墙有门的封闭空间 |
[25:17] | Like Lockhart/Gardner? | 像洛&加律所一样吗 |
[25:23] | I think we should merge. | 我觉得我们应该合并 |
[25:26] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[25:28] | They’re offering us | 他们给予我们 |
[25:29] | equal spots on management committees. | 一半的管理委员会席位 |
[25:31] | That’s where all the decisions are made. | 那是作出决定的地方 |
[25:33] | – We could be the top firm in Chicago. – Yes. | -我们可以成为芝加哥顶尖的律所 -是的 |
[25:35] | And your name will be on the letterhead and mine won’t. | 你的名字会印在信笺抬头而我的不会 |
[25:37] | You don’t know that. | 你不能确定这点 |
[25:39] | Alicia, | 艾丽西娅 |
[25:40] | don’t try to sell me. | 别把我卖了 |
[25:42] | You are the governor’s wife. Your name means something. | 你是州长夫人 你的名字意味着些什么 |
[25:45] | So we’ll insist that yours is on it, too. | 那我们坚持要求你的名字也要在上面 |
[25:47] | Well, why would we do this? | 我们为什么要这样做 |
[25:49] | We said we wanted to build something from the ground up, | 我们曾说要从头做起 |
[25:51] | something that we could be proud of. | 一份值得我们骄傲的事业 |
[25:53] | Why would we go back? | 我们为什么要回去呢 |
[25:54] | Because we’re struggling. | 因为我们在挣扎 |
[25:56] | Because… | 因为 |
[25:59] | I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[26:00] | What? | 什么 |
[26:01] | I’m tired! | 我累了 |
[26:03] | I don’t want to just keep struggling to stay alive. | 我不想为了生存而一直挣扎下去 |
[26:06] | That’s not why you’re tired. | 那不是你累了的原因 |
[26:09] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[26:10] | You are not tired because of work. | 你不是因为工作感到疲惫 |
[26:15] | Are we talking about Will? | 你是在说威尔的事吗 |
[26:17] | Is it about Will? | 这是因为威尔吗 |
[26:19] | If you’re angry at what Kalinda said, | 如果你因为凯琳达的事感到生气 |
[26:21] | you take it out on her. | 你拿她出气去 |
[26:25] | I’ve got the votes, Cary. | 我有多数票 凯里 |
[26:26] | I’ve got the votes to get us to merge. | 我有足够的票让我们合并 |
[26:31] | So that’s how it’ll be? | 所以这就是事情的发展方向吗 |
[26:33] | Fight to the death? | 针锋相对 互不相让吗 |
[26:34] | No. We vote. | 不 我们投票 |
[26:57] | Can you do something for me? | 你能帮我做点事吗 |
[26:59] | Just me. | 只为我 |
[27:00] | – You can’t tell Alicia. – What? | -你不能告诉艾丽西娅 -什么 |
[27:02] | Sound out the partners. Get a head count | 试探一下合伙人的意向 做个关于 |
[27:05] | on merging with Lockhart/Gardner. | 和洛&哈律所合并的意向调查 |
[27:06] | No, we can’t merge with them. | 不 我们不能和他们合并 |
[27:08] | They’ll lay off half our staff. | 他们会裁掉我们一半的人 |
[27:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:12] | – I need a vote count in an hour. – You got it. | -一小时内给我计票结果 -没问题 |
[27:14] | Bob, hey. | 鲍勃 |
[27:17] | You got a minute to talk about this merger stuff? | 你有时间谈谈合并的事吗 |
[27:19] | Diane, thank you for coming in on such short notice. | 戴安 谢谢你这么快赶来 |
[27:22] | Of course. It’s an honor. | 别客气 这是我的荣幸 |
[27:23] | I hope you don’t mind if Kalinda sits in. | 希望你不介意凯琳达的参与 |
[27:25] | She’s become an invaluable girl Friday. | 她已经成为一个不可估量的得力助手 |
[27:28] | Kalinda, hi. | 凯琳达 你好 |
[27:29] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[27:31] | So, Mr. Governor, | 那么 州长先生 |
[27:34] | what is this pressing matter? | 有什么要紧的事吗 |
[27:36] | Well, we hated | 我们对 |
[27:37] | how it ended up last year with the Supreme Court spot, | 去年最高法院职位一事的结果感到很遗憾 |
[27:39] | and we wanted to bring this offer to you personally. | 这次我们想亲自对你发出邀请 |
[27:42] | – I’m glad you did. – Diane, | -我很高兴你们来找我 -戴安 |
[27:43] | how would you feel | 你对于 |
[27:45] | about running for state’s attorney? | 竞选州检察官一事意下如何 |
[27:52] | Yes, we were endorsing Finn Polmar, | 没错 我们之前支持芬恩·波尔马 |
[27:53] | but he’s in the process of dropping out. | 但他将要退出选举 |
[27:56] | – And, uh, you’re pre-vetted. – Actually, | -而且你已经通过预先审查了 -实际上 |
[27:58] | we think you would also make a terrific state’s attorney. | 我们觉得你也能成为一个出色的州检察官 |
[28:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:04] | But not Supreme Court justice? | 而不是最高法院法官 |
[28:08] | Well, unfortunately, that position | 很遗憾 那个职位 |
[28:10] | has been offered to Harley Joseph. | 已经给哈利·约瑟夫了 |
[28:12] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[28:15] | This is an honor, Diane. | 这是一个荣誉 戴安 |
[28:17] | We’re offering to put all the power and prestige | 我们将提供州长办公室的 |
[28:19] | of the governor’s office behind you. | 全部权力和威望支持你 |
[28:21] | I really do hope you will… | 我真心希望你能 |
[28:23] | consider it. | 考虑一下 |
[28:27] | Uh, when do you need an answer? | 你们什么时候需要答复 |
[28:29] | Tomorrow. We need to play a little bit of catch-up. | 明天 我们得抓紧了 |
[28:35] | Good. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[28:37] | I shall consider it. | 我会考虑的 |
[28:41] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[28:43] | You mean because they offered me the state’s attorney’s office | 你这么问是因为他们提供我州检察官 |
[28:46] | and not Supreme Court justice? | 而不是最高法院法官的职位 |
[28:48] | And they didn’t come to me first? | 并且我不是他们的第一选择 |
[28:49] | And they only came to me because I was pre-vetted? | 以及他们只是因为我通过了预审才来找我吗 |
[28:51] | Am I all right with that? | 我说得对吗 |
[28:53] | – Yeah. – Peachy. | -是的 -好得很 |
[28:55] | Kalinda, could you find out, if I did run, | 凯琳达 你能帮我查清如果我竞选 |
[28:57] | what I would be up against? | 会面临什么困难吗 |
[28:59] | Would I be conflicted out of my partnership? | 我会因为合伙人地位产生利益冲突吗 |
[29:03] | I’m on it. | 我这就去 |
[29:04] | So you’re considering it? | 所以你会考虑吗 |
[29:07] | I don’t know. The world is so confusing right now. | 我不知道 世界是如此混乱 |
[29:09] | I just might quit and go live in New Zealand. | 我可能会辞职去新西兰生活 |
[29:17] | Hey, Cary, | 凯里 |
[29:20] | I’m up here. | 我上来了 |
[29:26] | What? | 怎么了 |
[29:34] | Hey, slow down. | 慢点 |
[29:39] | Kalinda, just shut up. | 凯琳达 闭嘴 |
[29:43] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[29:44] | I am not one of your women. | 我不是你的女人之一 |
[29:47] | I’m not gonna go slow when you want me to go slow. | 我不会因为你想要我慢时我就慢 |
[29:50] | Get off of me, Cary. | 放开我 凯里 |
[29:51] | Why? You don’t like it like this? | 为什么 你不是喜欢这样吗 |
[29:54] | Cary, get off of me. | 凯里 放开我 |
[29:54] | I swear I’ll hurt you. | 否则我发誓我会伤到你的 |
[30:10] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[30:22] | Hello? | 你好 |
[30:23] | Hey, it’s Carey. The count is close. | 我是凯里 统计完了 |
[30:25] | I can’t believe it, but Alicia is up by two partners. | 我真不敢相信 艾丽西娅多出两票 |
[30:29] | If the merger were voted on today, we would lose. | 如果今天就合并投票的话 我们会输的 |
[30:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:32] | What are you gonna do? | 你会怎么做 |
[30:33] | We can’t merge with Lockhart/Gardner. | 我们不能跟洛&加律所合并 |
[30:36] | I’ll talk with you. | 我晚点再跟你说 |
[30:42] | What was that? | 怎么了 |
[30:57] | Is this private enough for you? | 这里对你来说够私密了吗 |
[30:59] | Mr. Canning. | 坎宁先生 |
[31:01] | Mr. Agos. | 艾格斯先生 |
[31:02] | We haven’t had many dealings, have we? | 我们没打过什么交道吧 |
[31:04] | No. | 是没有 |
[31:06] | You don’t like me, do you? | 你不喜欢我 对吗 |
[31:08] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[31:11] | What did you want to tell me? | 你想告诉我什么 |
[31:16] | Diane wants to merge with us. | 戴安想跟我们合并 |
[31:20] | She’ll wait until she’s voted in as managing partner | 她会等到她被选为管理合伙人 |
[31:22] | and then approach us about a merger. | 然后再找我们谈合并 |
[31:26] | How do you know this? | 你怎么知道的 |
[31:29] | You don’t want a merger, and I don’t want a merger. | 你不想合并 我也不想合并 |
[31:31] | So whatever moves you want to make, | 所以不管你想采取什么措施 |
[31:32] | then make ’em now. | 现在就该行动了 |
[31:36] | Nice talking to you. | 跟你谈话很高兴 |
[31:46] | God, look at you. | 天哪 看看你 |
[31:47] | You look so adult. | 你看上去就像个大人了 |
[31:50] | Can I take it off now? | 我现在能摘下来了吗 |
[31:51] | No, you have to keep it on for the next 24 hours. | 不行 接下来的二十四小时你都得戴着 |
[31:53] | It’s a law. | 这是惯例 |
[31:55] | Whew. You’re all packed. What a good boy. | 你都收拾好了 真是个好孩子 |
[31:57] | Yeah, I’m leaving tomorrow. | 是啊 我明天就走了 |
[31:59] | Yeah, so Alicia said. | 艾丽西娅说了 |
[32:00] | – I think she’s sad. – No. | -我想她很难过 -不会的 |
[32:01] | She did the same thing to me. | 她对我做过一样的事 |
[32:03] | Left right after graduation. | 毕业后马上就走了 |
[32:04] | Didn’t want the tears, didn’t want the hugs. | 不想要眼泪 不要拥抱 |
[32:07] | She left that same night. | 她当天晚上就走了 |
[32:08] | – Really? – We didn’t have time for a cake. | -真的吗 -我们都没时间吃蛋糕庆祝一下 |
[32:10] | She was so anxious to get away from me. | 她很急着离开我 |
[32:12] | – Did she have a summer internship? – No, | -她有暑期实习吗 -没有 |
[32:13] | she just wanted to get started looking for an apartment. | 她只是想开始找间公寓 |
[32:16] | I cried like a baby. | 我哭得像个孩子 |
[32:18] | Kids are tougher. | 孩子坚强得多 |
[32:19] | They know better. | 他们很了解 |
[32:22] | I think I smell the cake burning. | 我想我闻到蛋糕烧焦的味道了 |
[32:24] | Does that smell like the cake’s burning? | 那个是不是像蛋糕烧焦的味道 |
[32:32] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[32:35] | Front door’s open. | 前门是开着的 |
[32:37] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[32:39] | Jackie, how are we? | 杰姬 我们没事了吧 |
[32:41] | Oh, Mr. Gold. | 戈登先生 |
[32:43] | What a surprise. | 真令人惊讶啊 |
[32:45] | Canning and David Lee are scheming again. | 坎宁和大卫·李又在谋划了 |
[32:49] | They’ve got Howard. | 他们拿下霍华德了 |
[32:50] | He won’t switch back to us. Idiot. | 他不会回到我们这边了 白痴 |
[32:52] | We got another problem. | 我们还有个问题 |
[32:54] | I just heard that Diane is offering a merger with Florrick-Agos | 我刚听说戴安如果成为管理合伙人的话 |
[32:57] | if she gets the managing partnership. | 就会向福&艾律所提出合并 |
[32:59] | She’ll give Florrick-Agos all the top positions | 她会将管理委员会所有的高层职位 |
[33:01] | on the management committees. | 都给福&艾律所 |
[33:03] | Oh, what the hell? | 真是见鬼 |
[33:05] | How did you find out? | 你怎么知道的 |
[33:10] | That kid on the other side. | 那边的一个小孩 |
[33:12] | What is his name? Uh… | 他叫什么 |
[33:14] | The name partner. | 那个冠名合伙人 |
[33:16] | Cary… He told me. | 凯里 他告诉我的 |
[33:17] | What? | 什么 |
[33:19] | Is this true? | 这是真的吗 |
[33:20] | Did you really go to Canning, Cary? Did you? | 你真的去找坎宁了吗 凯里 有吗 |
[33:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:26] | Why the hell…?! | 你到底为什么 |
[33:28] | Because a merger is a mistake. | 因为合并是个错误 |
[33:30] | Do you know what a betrayal this is?! | 你知道这是怎样一种背叛吗 |
[33:31] | I know if we join Lockhart/Gardner, | 我知道如果我们加入洛&加律所 |
[33:33] | it will be over. | 我们就完了 |
[33:34] | Well, then argue that, discuss that, | 那我们就该争辩 讨论 |
[33:37] | but you don’t go to the other side. | 而不是去告诉敌人 |
[33:38] | I will argue that. | 我是要争辩 |
[33:40] | But they should know what Diane is doing. | 但他们应该知道戴安在做什么 |
[33:41] | – Diane is operating in secret. – No, no, no. | -戴安私下在做这个 -不 不 |
[33:44] | Don’t turn this into some selfless act. | 别把这说成是无私的行为 |
[33:46] | I’m not turning it into anything. | 我没有把这说成任何事 |
[33:47] | You wanted to sabotage Diane’s efforts. | 你想破坏戴安的努力 |
[33:49] | It will only sabotage it | 如果她不能得到支持的话 |
[33:51] | if she doesn’t have the support. | 才算的上是破坏 |
[33:52] | Oh, that is such a load of crap, Cary. | 真是一堆废话 凯里 |
[33:53] | Well, I’m sorry I don’t hold up to your standards! | 抱歉我没能达到你的标准 |
[33:55] | You wanted to take this offer right out of our hands! | 你想把这个机会白白从我们手中扔掉 |
[33:57] | – Let’s take this outside. – No! | -我们出去说吧 -不 |
[33:59] | I can’t believe you. | 我不能相信你了 |
[34:01] | It’s so wrong. | 错得太离谱了 |
[34:02] | What was wrong was listening to them at all. | 真正错的是我们根本就不该偷听他们 |
[34:04] | If I did this, you would be appalled, | 如果我这么做的话 你会被惊骇到 |
[34:05] | and you would have every right to be. | 而你完全有权利被惊骇到 |
[34:07] | What I hate is that you are arguing | 令我厌恶的是你在为一项 |
[34:07] | for a merger that will benefit you! | 会让你获利的合并而辩护 |
[34:09] | Well, if that’s what mattered to you, | 如果这是你关心的 |
[34:09] | Cary, argue for that. | 凯里 你该争论这个 |
[34:11] | What about the 30 paralegals? | 那三十个律师助理怎么办 |
[34:12] | What about the other people? | 其他人怎么办 |
[34:13] | Oh, you know what? Go to hell, Cary. | 你知道怎么办吗 去死吧 凯里 |
[34:14] | If you think so little… | 如果你想 |
[34:15] | That is your answer to anything you can’t deal with! | 这就是你对你无法处理的事情的答案 |
[34:17] | If you think so little of our partnership, | 如果你这么看轻我们这个律所 |
[34:18] | we should quit this now! | 我们现在就该退出 |
[34:20] | You should cool down. | 你应该冷静一下 |
[34:20] | No. You should take this more seriously. | 不 你应该更认真考虑这件事 |
[34:25] | What? | 干吗 |
[34:27] | Hey. Is this a bad time? | 时机不对吗 |
[34:30] | No. There’s no good timing these days. | 不是 这些天都没什么好时机 |
[34:33] | How are you? | 你怎么样了 |
[34:34] | I’m dropping out. | 我要退出了 |
[34:38] | Oh, Finn. | 芬恩 |
[34:39] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[34:40] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:42] | Yeah, look, it’s-it’s… | 听着 这 这 |
[34:46] | the right thing to do. | 这么做是对的 |
[34:47] | And, you know, I-I talked to my parents, | 我跟我父母谈过了 |
[34:49] | and they were both… really supportive, | 他们都非常支持我 |
[34:52] | but I just don’t want them to suffer anymore, so… | 但我不想他们再承受什么了 所以 |
[34:56] | And I heard they’re out to Diane Lockhart. | 我听说他们去找戴安·洛克哈特了 |
[34:59] | What? | 什么 |
[35:00] | They’ve asked Diane to step in in my stead. | 他们让戴安来替代我 |
[35:08] | Well. And then there were two. | 有两个人支持你了 |
[35:14] | I’m amazed by you, Mr. Canning. | 你让我很惊讶 坎宁先生 |
[35:16] | This is your fourth week at my firm– | 你来我的律所才四星期 |
[35:19] | a firm that I’ve built from the ground up | 这个律所是我从零开始一步步建起来的 |
[35:21] | over the last nine years– | 花了我过去九年的时间 |
[35:24] | and you’re already knocking at the door of managing partnership. | 而你离管理合伙人只有一步之遥了 |
[35:28] | I’m knocking, but I’m afraid that door’s not gonna open. | 只有一步之遥 但恐怕大门并没有向我敞开 |
[35:31] | You have Howard. You-you have the votes. | 你有了霍华德的票 你有多数票 |
[35:35] | – You want some whiskey? – Sure. | -你想来点威士忌吗 -当然 |
[35:37] | My meds are just kicking in. This could be interesting. | 我的药正开始起效 这时喝酒应该很有意思 |
[35:41] | So… | 所以… |
[35:43] | what scheme do you have for me now? | 你下一步打算怎么对付我 |
[35:47] | – What scheme? – Yes. | -怎么对付 -对 |
[35:49] | You don’t scratch your nose without there being some plan. | 你胸有成竹时才会挠鼻子 |
[35:53] | Are you familiar with the nuclear option? | 你知道什么是「核选项」吗 |
[35:57] | No. | 不知道 |
[36:01] | It’s a notice of dissolution. | 这是解散通知 |
[36:05] | As partner, I have unilateral right to dissolve the firm… | 作为合伙人 我有权单方面解散律所 |
[36:09] | with-with cause. | 只要有合理理由 |
[36:11] | And what would that cause be? | 那是什么理由呢 |
[36:12] | Acquisitions were made without the full consent of the partnership. | 收购必须由所有合伙人同意方可进行 |
[36:14] | The West Coast, East Coast offices were acquired. | 你们之前收购了西海岸和东海岸的一些律所 |
[36:16] | By Will, a partner who is dead. | 是威尔收购的 他已经去世了 |
[36:19] | Unfortunately, the courts still hold | 不幸的是 法庭还是会追究 |
[36:21] | the current managing partnership accountable. | 现在的管理合伙人的责任 |
[36:24] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[36:25] | Thought that was clear. I want to be managing partner. | 我以为你很清楚 我想成为管理合伙人 |
[36:28] | You’re dying. | 你快死了 |
[36:33] | My work is my life. | 我的工作就是我的生命 |
[36:36] | If I don’t work, I’ll die sooner. | 如果我不工作 我会死得更快 |
[36:39] | So, if you don’t get the partnership, | 所以如果你当不了管理合伙人 |
[36:42] | you will dissolve this firm? | 你就会解散律所 |
[36:43] | No, you will dissolve this firm. | 不 是你会解散律所 |
[36:45] | I want this firm to be strong. | 我希望这间律所变得强大 |
[36:46] | I want there to be… a consensus going forward. | 我希望我们能达成一致 |
[36:56] | Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. | 等等等等 |
[37:11] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[37:16] | Do you mean, do I let Canning take the managing partnership, | 你是问 我会让坎宁当管理合伙人 |
[37:19] | or fight him and watch my firm dissolve? | 还是继续跟他斗并眼睁睁看我的律所被解散 |
[37:24] | He’s right about Will. | 威尔的事他说得对 |
[37:27] | The expenditures were made without a full vote. | 之前的收购并没有全票通过 |
[37:30] | There’s always option number three. | 你还有第三个选择 |
[37:34] | You could run for state’s attorney. | 你可以竞选州检察官 |
[37:37] | I don’t think I have the… | 我觉得我已经没有那种… |
[37:41] | the fight left in me, Kalinda. | 没那个斗志了 凯琳达 |
[37:45] | If Will were still here, I… | 如果威尔还在这里 我… |
[37:47] | I’m here. | 我在这里 |
[37:59] | You’ve decided? | 你决定好了 |
[38:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:05] | Good. | 那就好 |
[38:11] | I’ll be home as soon as I can. Something just came up. | 我会尽快回家的 突然出了点事 |
[38:14] | What? | 什么 |
[38:16] | Something important. I’m sorry. | 是很重要的事 抱歉 |
[38:17] | Tell Zach I’ll be home as soon as I can? | 告诉扎克我会尽快回家 |
[38:19] | Please hurry. | 请你快一点 |
[38:22] | She’s playing you for a fool. | 她是在玩弄你 |
[38:25] | Mother, what does that even mean? | 妈妈 这又是什么意思 |
[38:29] | It means, Alicia wants the power of your office | 意思就是 艾丽西娅想要你的权势 |
[38:33] | without giving anything in return. She… | 但却不想付出任何回报 她… |
[38:35] | Hi, Veronica. | 你好啊 维罗妮卡 |
[38:37] | Peter. I thought I’d put out the lasagna. | 彼得 我想是时候把千层面端出去了 |
[38:40] | Your daughter’s going to be late again. I’d wait. | 你女儿又要迟到了 我会等着 |
[38:42] | Well, that’s what happens when you work for a living, Jackie, | 靠工作养活自己就是这样的 杰姬 |
[38:45] | a concept that’s probably alien to you. | 不过你肯定对这个概念很陌生 |
[38:50] | Bitch. | 贱人 |
[38:51] | All right, all right, all right, please, please, girls. | 好了好了 别吵了 女士们 |
[38:55] | Thank you for giving me a moment so late at night. | 谢谢你们愿意这么晚见我 |
[38:57] | I, um… I have a proposal for you to consider. | 我…我有个提议供你们考虑 |
[39:00] | Diane, | 戴安 |
[39:02] | any merger would requirea, three-year window on Chumhum. | 不管怎样合并 你们三年内都不能动查查网 |
[39:04] | Cary, we don’t decide until we vote. | 凯里 我们投票之后才能决定 |
[39:06] | Nothing’s decided until we get a proposal. | 我们听完提议前什么也不能决定 |
[39:08] | and I’m saying that a proposal would require… | 而我的意思是这个提议必须… |
[39:10] | You don’t have the right to say… | 你无权… |
[39:11] | Alicia, Cary, why don’t we leave it to our guest to talk? | 艾丽西娅 凯里 能让我们的客人先说吗 |
[39:15] | – That’s all I wanted. – Alicia. Please. We’re here to listen. | -正合我意 -艾丽西娅 我们是来聆听的 |
[39:21] | I know we’ve talked a lot about a merger. | 我知道我们谈了很多合并的事 |
[39:26] | I have my own dissenting voices at Lockhart/Gardner. | 在洛&加律所内部也有很多反对的声音 |
[39:29] | Many don’t want to let you back in the door. | 很多人不想让你们回来 |
[39:33] | – Great. – Cary. | -很好 -凯里 |
[39:34] | But even if we were to make a deal tonight, | 但即使我们今晚就达成协议 |
[39:36] | my concern is that it would dissolve very quickly. | 我担心律所也会很快分崩离析 |
[39:42] | A merger, I’m afraid, would make Lockhart/Gardner unwieldy. | 合并恐怕只能让洛&加律所变得臃肿累赘 |
[39:46] | So, you’ve come here to propose not merging? | 所以你是来提议不进行合并的 |
[39:50] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[39:52] | No. | 不 |
[39:54] | I’ve come here to ask if you will take me. | 我是来问你们 愿不愿意让我加入 |
[40:00] | Holy crap. | 我了个去 |
[40:03] | Me. | 我 |
[40:04] | And my $38 million a year in client billing. | 还有我每年三千八百万的客户收入 |
[40:18] | Are you sure, Diane? | 你确定吗 戴安 |
[40:22] | Okay, I’ll tell Peter. | 好吧 我会转告彼得 |
[40:25] | Thank you for considering it. | 谢谢你的认真考虑 |
[40:27] | Bye. | 再见 |
[40:31] | Why is everything… so difficult? | 为什么所有事…都这么不顺呢 |
[40:41] | Raymond Fitzmorris. | 雷蒙德·菲茨莫里斯 |
[40:46] | Anna Fitzpatrick. | 安娜·菲茨帕特里克 |
[40:50] | Zachary Florrick. | 扎克·福瑞克 |
[40:58] | Addison Garisovic. | 艾迪生·加瑞索维克 |
[41:04] | Stephanie Green. | 斯蒂芬妮·格林 |
[41:10] | – I’m sorry I was late. – It’s fine. You weren’t. | -对不起我迟到了 -没事 你没迟到 |
[41:12] | You saw it. The rest was boring. | 你看到了 除此之外其它都很无聊 |
[41:14] | I’m so proud of you, Zach. | 我真为你骄傲 扎克 |
[41:16] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[41:19] | You’re all packed up? | 你已经收拾好了 |
[41:20] | Uh, yeah. Sam called. He wants to leave tonight. | 是啊 萨姆打给我说想今晚就走 |
[41:24] | What? | 什么 |
[41:25] | Well, just so we can get a jump on the traffic. | 那我们就不会堵车了 |
[41:26] | We’ll drive through the night, | 我们晚上开车 |
[41:28] | and we’ll get there tomorrow morning. | 明早就会到 |
[41:31] | You okay with that? | 你觉得可以吗 |
[41:33] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[41:35] | I just wish there was more time. | 我只是希望能和你待久一点 |
[41:37] | I’ll be home for Thanksgiving. | 我会回家过感恩节 |
[41:40] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[41:41] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[41:43] | I’ll call you when I get there. | 我到了打给你 |
[42:31] | It’s been a weird day. | 今天过得太不寻常了 |
[42:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:34] | Weird year. | 今年都很不寻常 |
[43:03] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 |
[43:05] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[43:08] | Would you want to run for state’s attorney? | 你想竞选州检察官吗 |
[43:12] | What? | 什么 |