时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | – Howard? – Hi. | -霍华德 -你好 |
[00:19] | Uh, love your coasters. | 你的杯垫挺好看的 |
[00:22] | Big fan of Lincoln. | 我是林肯的忠实粉丝 |
[00:23] | It’s George Bernard Shaw. | 那是乔治·萧伯纳「英国剧作家」 |
[00:25] | Big anti-Semite. | 我也挺反犹的 |
[00:28] | What are you doing here, Howard? | 你来做什么 霍华德 |
[00:30] | Need a lawyer. | 我要请个律师 |
[00:32] | Oh, my God, I was such a cow. | 我的天 我小时候简直像头牛 |
[00:35] | Oh, well, don’t worry, dear. | 别在意这些 亲爱的 |
[00:37] | Most babies are unattractive. | 很多孩子小时候都不招人喜欢 |
[00:40] | Oh, Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[00:41] | Grandma’s helping me pick out family photos | 奶奶在帮我一起挑家庭照片 |
[00:43] | for Dad’s campaign ad. | 好拿去给爸爸竞选用 |
[00:44] | Oh, you look so stern in these pictures, Alicia. | 你照片上看起来都好严厉啊 艾丽西娅 |
[00:47] | Uh, there’s a Mr. Lyman in the living room. | 莱曼先生在客厅里 |
[00:49] | He said he knew you. | 他说他认识你 |
[00:50] | And Lucca Quinn called. | 卢卡·奎恩给你打过电话 |
[00:51] | She said they need you in bond court in an hour. | 她说一小时后需要你去保释法庭 |
[00:53] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[00:54] | Why do you need a lawyer, Howard? | 你为什么要请律师呢 霍华德 |
[00:56] | They’re pushing me out. | 他们要逼我走 |
[00:57] | Cary, that little gerbil, | 凯里那小婊砸 |
[00:59] | told me to take emeritus status. | 居然让我退休 |
[01:01] | Can you imagine that? Me? Huh? | 你能想象吗 让我退休 |
[01:03] | My billings are up double digits. | 我的业务量已经上两位数了 |
[01:04] | Well, not you; your associates. | 那靠的可不是你 是你手下的初级律师们 |
[01:07] | I’m a partner, I’m adding va… | 我是合伙人 我能增加… |
[01:09] | Whose side are you on, anyway? | 不过你到底是站在哪一边啊 |
[01:10] | My guess is, they’re pushing you out because of performance. | 我想他们要你走是因为你的表现 |
[01:14] | You don’t do anything, Howard. | 你什么都不做 霍华德 |
[01:17] | Look… | 听着… |
[01:20] | you know why I’m here. | 你知道我来这儿的原因 |
[01:22] | You want to get back at Lockhart/Agos for firing you; | 洛&艾律所开除你 你想报复他们 |
[01:25] | I want to bring an ageism suit. | 我想告他们歧视老年人 |
[01:27] | We can help each other out. | 我们互惠互利 |
[01:30] | Howard… | 霍华德… |
[01:32] | let me give you some advice. | 我来给你些建议吧 |
[01:34] | -我们现在开始计时收费吗 -这是免费的 | |
[01:37] | You can’t bring an ageism suit if you quit. | 如果你是自己辞职的就告不了他们歧视老年人 |
[01:40] | You have to be fired. | 你得被开除才行 |
[01:42] | And you can’t let them fire you for cause. | 而且还不能让他们因为正当原因开除你 |
[01:45] | So what do I do? | 那我要怎么做呢 |
[01:47] | Work harder. | 更努力工作 |
[01:49] | Bring more money to the firm, | 为律所带来更多收益 |
[01:50] | and they won’t have a rationale to fire you. | 这样他们就没理由开除你了 |
[01:52] | Lay the groundwork. | 做好前期的准备工作 |
[01:53] | Keep a journal of every incident of ageism you encounter. | 记下每一件你觉得是在歧视老年人的事 |
[01:56] | With details– who said or did what. | 细节都要记下来 包括是谁说的或做的 |
[01:58] | And don’t give them cause to fire you. | 别让他们找到理由开除你 |
[02:04] | I have to go to bond court. | 我得去保释法庭了 |
[02:17] | Madame. | 夫人您好 |
[02:22] | Did you used to sing? | 你以前唱歌吗 |
[02:24] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[02:25] | Sing. | 唱歌 |
[02:26] | You look like someone I used to know at the Civic Opera House. | 你看起来很像我曾经认识的芝加哥歌剧院的歌手 |
[02:29] | Uh, no. | 你认错了 |
[02:34] | You do have the face of an opera singer. | 但你的确长着一张歌剧院歌手的脸 |
[02:39] | You are a flirt. | 你倒是很会调情 |
[02:41] | My best quality. | 这是我最大的优点 |
[02:46] | Just a second. | 请稍等 |
[02:49] | Hello. Who is this, please? | 你好 请问是谁 |
[02:51] | It’s Eli. Why are you talking like that? | 是伊莱 你说话怎么这么奇怪 |
[02:53] | Uh, talking like what, Mr. Gold? | 怎么奇怪了 戈德先生 |
[02:56] | Like you’re… Nothing. | 就像你是…没什么 |
[02:58] | Where are you, Jackie? | 你在哪儿呢 杰姬 |
[02:59] | I need these photos right now. | 我现在就需要那些照片 |
[03:00] | I’m coming directly, Mr. Gold. | 我马上就到 戈德先生 |
[03:02] | Eli, we started. | 伊莱 我们开始了 |
[03:03] | Started? It’s 10:20. | 开始了 才十点二十 |
[03:05] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:06] | The meeting was at 10:00. | 会议十点开始 |
[03:11] | Yes, oddly I was told the meeting began at 10:30. | 太奇怪了 通知我的开会时间是十点半 |
[03:15] | Hillary uses Iowa to shore up her base, | 希拉里用爱荷华州来巩固她的竞选基础 |
[03:17] | and we use it to stake out ground to her right. | 我们就用它来打入她的核心 |
[03:20] | Hillary will run the table, | 希拉里将主掌大局 |
[03:22] | and we’ll be the only vice presidential option | 而我们就是唯一能进入核心的副总统人选 |
[03:24] | who can pull in the middle. Which is why our theme of the week | 这就是为什么我们这周的主题 |
[03:27] | – needs a center-right tilt. – “Family first.” | -需要右倾 -「家庭至上」 |
[03:29] | Show the Florricks as a family who had their troubles | 展示出福瑞克一家人在面对困难的时候 |
[03:31] | but stuck together, came out stronger. | 仍能团结在一起 而站起来的时候则更强大 |
[03:34] | We’ll be talking to the Iowa Commission on Family, | 我们会去联系爱荷华州家庭委员会 |
[03:37] | Catholic Charities… | 天主教慈善会… |
[03:38] | And of course we’ll need Alicia to play ball. | 当然我们需要艾丽西娅出席 |
[03:42] | Oh, Ruth, I already gave you Mrs. Florrick’s schedule. | 鲁斯 我已经把福瑞克夫人的日程表给你了 |
[03:44] | Right, six days over the next two months. | 是啊 接下来两个月只有六天时间 |
[03:48] | Carl, we’ll talk about this later. | 卡拉 我们过会儿再说这事 |
[03:49] | Uh, I just want to know, | 我只想知道 |
[03:50] | why is she controlling the governor’s agenda? | 凭什么要让她来决定州长的日程呢 |
[03:52] | Why are we dancing to her tune? | 为什么我们要事事迁就她呢 |
[03:53] | No one is dancing to anyone’s tune. | 没有谁迁就谁 |
[03:54] | Alicia has a job, she has responsibilities. | 艾丽西娅有工作 她有自己的职责 |
[03:57] | Right, responsibilities, | 是啊 职责 |
[03:59] | like defending murderers and deadbeat dads. | 为杀人犯和不负责任的爸爸们辩护 |
[04:01] | Carl, that’s enough. | 卡拉 够了 |
[04:02] | I’m sure Eli’s already talked to Alicia about all this. | 我相信这些伊莱都已经跟艾丽西娅说过了 |
[04:06] | Have you, Eli? | 你说过了吗 伊莱 |
[04:08] | Have I talked to her about defending murderers | 是跟她说过为杀人犯辩护的事 |
[04:11] | or how many days she’s giving the campaign? | 还是她为竞选空出多少天的事 |
[04:13] | -多少天… -我想听鲁斯说 | |
[04:15] | I’m sure she can talk for herself. | 我想她自己能说 |
[04:18] | We need more days, Eli. | 我们需要她空出更多时间 伊莱 |
[04:20] | Twice as many. | 起码两倍 |
[04:25] | I want you to stay here, Eli. | 我希望你能留在这儿 伊莱 |
[04:28] | Run Alicia’s rehabilitation from right here. | 就在这儿帮艾丽西娅开始她的洗白之路 |
[04:31] | From where? You have my office. | 在哪帮 我的办公室已经被你占了 |
[04:36] | Your new office. | 你的新办公室 |
[04:38] | Oh, yeah, just a sec. | 稍等一下 |
[04:46] | How nice. | 真不错 |
[04:47] | A little tight; we’re looking for something bigger. | 有点儿挤 我们在找大一点的地方 |
[04:49] | But I know it’s all about the work for you. | 这都是为了能让你好好工作 |
[04:53] | You can’t harass me out of my job. | 你不能靠挤兑我让我放弃工作 |
[04:56] | Now, why would I want to do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[04:58] | It’ll be much more fun watching you come | 每天看着你来办公室 |
[04:59] | into the office every day. | 比赶你走有趣多了 |
[05:01] | Oh, and we need Mrs. Florrick | 我们要福瑞克夫人去参加 |
[05:03] | to appear on Mama’s Homespun Cooking. | 「妈妈的家传秘方」 |
[05:07] | I’m sorry, what? | 什么 |
[05:08] | Mama’s Homespun Cooking. | 「妈妈的家传秘方」 |
[05:09] | It’s a cooking show. | 是一档烹饪节目 |
[05:10] | Daughters learn recipes from their moms. | 女儿们在节目里跟妈妈学做菜 |
[05:14] | You want Alicia and Veronica to do a cooking show? | 你想让艾丽西娅和维罗妮卡去参加厨艺秀 |
[05:18] | Yeah, “Family first,” “Traditional values.” | 没错 「家庭至上」 「坚持传统」 |
[05:20] | Generational post-feminist respect. | 尊重代代相传的后女性者 |
[05:23] | Hillary with the chocolate chip cookies. | 就像希拉里的巧克力曲奇饼干 |
[05:25] | Yes, yes. | 没错 |
[05:27] | Hillary with the chocolate chip cookies. | 希拉里的巧克力曲奇饼干 |
[05:28] | And what if I said Alicia and Veronica would never do that? | 如果我跟你说她们不可能去参加这种秀呢 |
[05:31] | Then I would ask you to be a professional and convince them. | 那我要求你拿出职业精神说服她们去 |
[05:40] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[05:42] | Congratulations, gentlemen, you may think you’re poor, | 恭喜了 先生们 或许你们自以为穷 |
[05:44] | but you are not poor enough to have a public defender. | 但还没有穷到能用公设辩护律师 |
[05:48] | So we have three bar attorneys here for you today. | 所以你们可以在三名在庭律师中择一雇佣 |
[05:50] | If you want to find your own attorney, | 如果你们想找自己的律师 |
[05:52] | you will have to wait until tonight | 只能在今晚 |
[05:54] | after the bond hearing, | 保释听证会结束之后去找 |
[05:55] | which of course will push your hearing till tomorrow, | 当然 这样你的听证会就得推迟到明天 |
[05:57] | but still it’s up to you. | 但这仍然看你们的决定 |
[05:59] | Do you understand? | 明白了吗 |
[06:00] | Bully. | 很好 |
[06:01] | Next, male 26– uh, where are you? | 下一个 男性25号 人在哪里 |
[06:04] | Let’s get 12 more before lunch. | 午餐之前我们再审12个案子 |
[06:05] | Your Honor, this is Mr. Howard’s fifth arrest… | 法官阁下 这是霍华德先生第五次被捕 |
[06:07] | Exactly, which is why we ask that… | 没错 所以我们要求… |
[06:09] | Four times he has received bail, | 之前的四次他都获得了假释 |
[06:10] | and all four times he has shown up for | 并且全部都 |
[06:11] | – his scheduled court appearance. – Bully for him– | -准时出现在了法庭上 -没用 |
[06:13] | he may be a thief but he’s a prompt thief. | 他再怎么准时也是个小偷 |
[06:14] | – Your Honor… – Bail is set at $30,000. | -法官阁下… -保释金为三万美元 |
[06:16] | Male 27, criminal damage to property. | 男性27号 故意毁坏财物 |
[06:19] | Interesting strategy. | 策略很有创意 |
[06:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:22] | Male 28, manufacture and distribution of a controlled substance. | 男性28号 生产销售违禁物品 |
[06:26] | Uh, Mr. Roland… “Hah-lavin”? | 罗兰德·哈…拉温先生 |
[06:28] | “Lavin,” Uh, it’s okay– everyone gets it wrong. | 是拉温 没事 大家都会读错 |
[06:31] | Oh, sorry, Mr. Hlavin, I’m Alicia Florrick. | 抱歉 拉温先生 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[06:33] | I’m a bar attorney made available to you | 我是由芝加哥律师协会委派来 |
[06:34] | by the Chicago Bar Association for your convenience. | 帮助你的在庭律师 |
[06:36] | You’re not required to hire me… | 你并不一定非要雇佣我… |
[06:38] | Uh, I know this. | 我懂你的意思 |
[06:39] | The judge already said all this. | 法官已经说过一遍了 |
[06:40] | – So, uh, I want you. – Good, thank you. | -我愿意雇你 -很好 谢谢 |
[06:42] | Okay, this is your CBR; it’s how I get paid. | 这是你的保释金偿付单 我通过这个收费 |
[06:44] | My fee is standard, $135 for the first day… | 费用有统一的标准 第一天135美元… |
[06:47] | Look, I used to work at the Tower of Terror in Disneyland, | 我曾经在迪斯尼乐园的惊魂古塔上过班 |
[06:50] | so I had to say the same thing over and over again for months. | 有好几个月我每天都要说着同样的话 |
[06:52] | I’m very sympathetic to people | 我很同情你这样 |
[06:54] | who have to say something by rote. | 要不断重复同一段台词的人 |
[06:56] | Um, I’ll just sign it. | 我就直接签字吧 |
[06:59] | Okay, great. | 好吧 |
[07:00] | Are you currently employed? | 你现在有工作吗 |
[07:01] | I was currently employed, | 我之前是有工作的 |
[07:02] | and then they arrested me, so now I’m not. | 直到他们逮捕了我 所以现在我没工作了 |
[07:04] | Any ties to the community? | 跟社区联系多吗 |
[07:05] | Um, all my friends are in California. | 我的朋友们都在加州 |
[07:08] | Stanford, class of 2011. | 我们是斯坦福大学2011级的 |
[07:09] | They built tech start-ups, I came here, | 他们创立了一些科技公司 我到这来 |
[07:10] | – Okay, I don’t need… – I opened a chemistry lab, | -我不用听… -弄了个化学实验室 |
[07:12] | because I love chemistry, you know? | 因为我喜欢化学 |
[07:13] | I love drugs. I don’t… | 我喜欢毒品 我意思是… |
[07:14] | I mean, I don’t love using drugs… | 我不是喜欢吸毒 |
[07:15] | Okay, Mr. Hlavin, unfortunately we don’t have a lot of time. | 听着 拉温先生 我们没有那么多时间 |
[07:18] | – You were arrested with someone. – Yeah, my dealer. | -和你一起被捕的还有 -我的经销商 |
[07:21] | I mean, not my dealer. | 也不是我的经销商 |
[07:22] | He’s the dealer who sold my GHB… | 他只是帮我卖G水[迷奸药] |
[07:24] | Male 28 and 29, intent to manufacture and sell. | 男性28号和29号 制作销售违禁品未遂 |
[07:27] | Okay, let me talk for you, don’t say anything. | 好吧 我来帮你辩护 你别说话 |
[07:29] | – That might be hard. – I know, but try. | -这挺难的 -我知道 但要尽力 |
[07:30] | Your Honor, Mr. Roland Hlavin was caught | 法官阁下 罗兰德·拉温先生由于 |
[07:32] | manufacturing GHB with the intent to sell, | 制作并试图售卖G水被捕 |
[07:35] | and Mr. Pierre-Paul was caught selling it. | 而皮尔·保罗先生在交易时被捕 |
[07:36] | Your Honor, the state has seized over $2 million | 法官阁下 联邦政府已经没收了我的委托人 |
[07:39] | of my client’s money. | 两百万美元的资金 |
[07:41] | He has been impoverished by the state’s actions. | 他已经被政府处罚得一贫如洗了 |
[07:43] | As has my client, Your Honor. | 我的委托人也一样 法官阁下 |
[07:44] | And now they want to imprison him | 现在他们想用巨额的保释金来 |
[07:45] | with this onerous bail amount. | 限制他的自由 |
[07:47] | This is the definition | 这就是真正的 |
[07:48] | – of cruel and unusual… – Really? | -残酷和不公平 -是吗 |
[07:49] | Cruel and unusual? Before lunch? | 残酷和不公平 我还没吃午饭呢 |
[07:51] | Your Honor, my client just wants his day in court. | 法官阁下 我的委托人只希望能有上庭的时间 |
[07:53] | State requests that bail be tied | 根据联邦政府规定 |
[07:55] | to the street value of narcotic seized. | 保释金应与违禁物品的流通价值相符 |
[07:57] | Approved. Bail is set at $300,000 each. | 批准 保释金每人三十万美金 |
[08:00] | Enjoy. | 完毕 |
[08:01] | I have an offer. | 我有个提议 |
[08:03] | For both of us? | 给我们俩的 |
[08:04] | No, one of you. | 不 只给一个人 |
[08:05] | This case matters to the state’s attorney. | 这个案子对于州检察官来说很重要 |
[08:07] | He’s offering an exploding plea. | 他愿意提供给一个人认罪的机会 |
[08:10] | Oh, come on. | 省省吧 |
[08:11] | We’re not turning on each other. | 我们是不会背叛彼此的 |
[08:13] | Yeah, we’re a united front. | 没错 我们是统一的战线 |
[08:14] | One year to whoever jumps first. | 先认罪的人只用服刑一年 |
[08:16] | The other gets 25. | 另外一个25年 |
[08:18] | Deal explodes in 45 minutes. | 只给你们45分钟时间 |
[08:20] | Starting now. | 现在开始计时 |
[08:28] | One year, Roland, that’s the offer. | 只要一年 罗兰德 协议就是这样 |
[08:30] | If you don’t take it, your dealer friend will. | 你不接受 你的经销商就会接受 |
[08:32] | He will go to the prosecution | 他会向检方 |
[08:33] | and tell them everything he knows about you. | 把他知道你的所有事情都说出来 |
[08:35] | Every transaction, how much you sold. | 每一笔交易 你卖的什么价 |
[08:37] | How much you bought, how much you paid. | 你进货什么价 出货什么价 |
[08:40] | He’ll turn on you. | 他会背叛你的 |
[08:40] | You have to take this deal. | 你必须要接受这个认罪协议 |
[08:42] | And we only have 40 minutes. | 我们只有40分钟了 |
[08:43] | Yeah, but that means going to jail, right? | 我明白 但是这意味着我一定要坐牢了 |
[08:45] | Yes, but, it’s one year versus 25. | 是的 但是1年对比25年 |
[08:48] | – This is a lifeline. – What happened to my “Day in court”? | -这简直天差地别 -那所谓的”上庭”呢 |
[08:50] | That was just a strategy to get you out on bail. | 那只是为了让你获得假释说的话 |
[08:52] | But I think I want it, though. | 但是 我就是想上庭 |
[08:54] | Roland. | 罗兰德 |
[08:55] | You were caught selling 50-gallon drums of GHB. | 你可是在用50加仑的桶卖G水的时候被捕的 |
[08:58] | – Six of them… – No. | -其中六桶 -不 |
[08:59] | – Yes, six. – No, uh… | -是的 六桶 -不是 |
[09:01] | All right, look. | 听着 |
[09:02] | After Stanford, I came back here. | 从斯坦福毕业后 我回到这里 |
[09:04] | I got a job at IBM, | 在IBM找了份工作 |
[09:06] | but my brother, he OD’d on GHB | 但我的兄弟在公司的派对上 |
[09:09] | at a company party so I quit. | 服食过量G水而死 所以我辞职了 |
[09:11] | Now, GHB gives the user a feeling of euphoria, | G水能够让服用者极度兴奋 |
[09:13] | but take it in combination with alcohol and you stop breathing. | 但与酒精混合 会让人停止呼吸 |
[09:16] | Roland, we don’t have much time. | 罗兰德 我们时间不多 |
[09:18] | I thought I could make it safer. | 我认为我可以让它更安全 |
[09:21] | I felt like I owed that to my brother. | 我感觉像我欠我哥哥的 |
[09:22] | So I did. | 所以就去做了 |
[09:25] | This is GHB. | 这是G水 |
[09:27] | This is what I made. | 这是我做的 |
[09:28] | I call it “Snowball Chi”, | 我叫它「芝加哥雪球」 |
[09:30] | It’s a designer drug. | 是种化合致幻药 |
[09:31] | Your body turns it into GHB | 接触到胃酸后 |
[09:32] | on contact with stomach acid, | 你的身体就会将它识别为G水 |
[09:34] | but when you take it or when I sell it… | 但在人买它或我卖它时 |
[09:37] | It isn’t GHB. | 它并不是G水 |
[09:39] | It isn’t illegal. | 并不是非法的 |
[09:43] | Damn it. I’ll be right back. | 该死 我马上回来 |
[09:49] | Don’t make the deal. | 别接受认罪协议 |
[09:50] | What deal? | 什么协议 |
[09:51] | They weren’t selling GHB– it’s a synthetic. | 他们没卖G水 那是合成的 |
[09:54] | It’s not on the controlled substances list. | 并不在受控物质清单里 |
[09:56] | So? They’ll say it’s an analogue. | 那又怎样 他们会说那是同类物质 |
[09:59] | It’s still illegal. | 还是非法的 |
[10:00] | They’ll say it’s substantially similar. | 他们会说它们本质上是相似的 |
[10:01] | Not in chemical structure. | 但化学结构上不是 |
[10:03] | They’re just trying to get us to jump | 他们只想骗我们自己上贼船 |
[10:05] | because they know it’s not a listed drug– | 因为他们知道那不是违禁毒品 |
[10:05] | don’t make the deal. | 别接受认罪协议 |
[10:07] | I did. | 我接受了 |
[10:09] | I already did. | 我已经接受了 |
[10:10] | You just sent your client to jail for no reason. | 你刚凭白无故把你的客户送进了监狱 |
[10:15] | Grace, hi, I need you to call Jason, | 格蕾丝 帮我打给詹森 |
[10:16] | get him on an hourly. | 让他开始计时工作 |
[10:18] | Tell him I need an expert witness | 告诉他我需要一个 |
[10:20] | on synthetic drugs. | 合成致幻药方面的专家证人 |
[10:22] | Okay, “Synthetic drugs.” | 好 合成致幻药 |
[10:24] | Right. Which case is this? | 行 这是谁的案子 |
[10:25] | Roland Hlavin; | 罗兰德·拉温 |
[10:26] | There’s a silent H before “Lavin.” | 拉温前有个不发声的H |
[10:28] | Oh, and I need a friend | 还需要找一个朋友 |
[10:29] | or someone who can testify for him. | 或者某个能为他作证的人 |
[10:31] | Get me any background. | 给我做所有的背景调查 |
[10:32] | This is a paying customer? | 这是付费的客户吗 |
[10:33] | Well, not yet. | 还不是 |
[10:34] | But he may be getting $2 million | 但他也许能从警察那 |
[10:36] | back from the police. | 拿回两百万 |
[10:38] | Uh, got to go, Grace. | 我得挂了 格蕾丝 |
[10:39] | I’ll call you back. | 再打给你 |
[10:40] | So, this is where you work these days? | 这些天你就在这工作吗 |
[10:42] | Eli, I have allocution in a minute. | 伊莱 我马上就要去做认罪供述 |
[10:44] | – Can we do this another time? – Do what? | -我们能下次再谈吗 -谈什么 |
[10:45] | Whatever it is you’re here to do. | 你来这要谈的任何事 |
[10:47] | Have you heard of Mama’s Homespun Cooking? | 你听说过妈妈的家传秘方吗 |
[10:51] | Do I…? What? | 我什么 |
[10:53] | Mama’s Homespun Cooking. | 妈妈的家传秘方 |
[10:54] | It’s a cooking show. | 是个烹饪节目 |
[10:55] | I need you go on it | 我需要你跟维罗妮卡 |
[10:56] | with Veronica tomorrow live. | 明天上这个节目 现场直播 |
[10:59] | I know, that’s what I thought, too, at first. | 我懂你的感受 我一开始也是这么想的 |
[11:01] | Okay, Eli. | 好吧 伊莱 |
[11:02] | I’m a little too busy to deal | 我现在太忙了 |
[11:03] | with just random words | 没法处理你嘴里 |
[11:05] | spouting out of your mouth. | 说的那些零零碎碎的话 |
[11:07] | Here’s the thing– you can be yourself. | 事情是这样的 你可以做你自己 |
[11:08] | I want you to be yourself. | 我想你做自己 |
[11:11] | On a cooking show? | 在烹饪节目上 |
[11:12] | – With my mother? – Yes. | -跟我婆婆一起做自己 -没错 |
[11:13] | It’ll be fun. We’ll have fun. | 会很有趣的 我们都会觉得有趣 |
[11:15] | And more importantly, you say yes to this, | 更重要的是 如果你答应这事 |
[11:16] | you can say no to a dozen other things. | 你就可以推掉很多其他的事 |
[11:18] | Why can’t I say no | 为什么我现在 |
[11:19] | to a dozen other things now? | 不能推掉其它许多事 |
[11:21] | Because you want to steer events. | 因为你会愿意引导事情 |
[11:23] | You don’t want events to steer you. | 而不是让事情来引导你 |
[11:29] | Yes, this is Alicia Florrick. | 你好 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[11:30] | Who is this? | 哪位 |
[11:31] | Hi, it’s Howard. | 你好 我是霍华德 |
[11:32] | Howard, I can’t help you right now. | 霍华德 我现在无法帮助你 |
[11:35] | I just need something fast. | 我就问件很容易回答的事 |
[11:36] | Howard, I don’t have the time. | 霍华德 我没时间 |
[11:37] | I need Jackie’s number. | 我要杰姬的电话号码 |
[11:39] | – You…? – Jackie Florrick. | -你 -杰姬·福瑞克 |
[11:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:42] | I want to ask her out. | 我想约她出去 |
[11:44] | Mr. Hav-lavin, on the charge | 赫拉温先生 被控制造 |
[11:46] | of manufacturing a controlled substance, | 违禁物品的罪名 |
[11:48] | how do you plead? | 你是否认罪 |
[11:49] | Where’s your lawyer? | 你的律师在哪 |
[11:50] | Here, Your Honor. | 这里 法官阁下 |
[11:52] | And why aren’t you here? | 你为什么没出现 |
[11:53] | I am now, Judge. | 现在出现了 法官 |
[11:55] | Mr. Hlavin pleads not guilty. | 拉温先生否认指控 |
[11:58] | Ah, okay. | 好 |
[11:59] | And Mr. Pierre-Paul, you are charged | 皮埃尔保尔先生 你仅被控 |
[12:01] | with just one count of distribution. | 一项售毒罪 |
[12:03] | How do you plead? | 你是否认罪 |
[12:10] | Counselor, | 律师 |
[12:11] | are we having a moment of reflection here? | 我们是在做沉思吗 |
[12:18] | Lucca? | 卢卡 |
[12:20] | Don’t take the plea. | 别接受认罪协议 |
[12:21] | Uh, not guilty? | 不认罪 |
[12:23] | Your Honor, I… | 法官阁下 |
[12:25] | The defendant reversed herself. | 被告推翻了她自己的供认 |
[12:27] | We, we had a deal. | 我们达成协议了 |
[12:28] | Well, first of all, the defendant is a he. | 首先 被告是位男士 |
[12:30] | And second of all, that deal has nothing | 其次 协议与本庭 |
[12:32] | to do with this court, Mr. McGrath. | 没有任何关系 麦格拉斯先生 |
[12:33] | If she says yes to you, | 就算她跟你达成协议了 |
[12:35] | she can change her mind. | 她也可以反悔 |
[12:36] | We are set for pre-trial motions this afternoon. | 今天下午做审前动议 |
[12:38] | I imagine you’re moving | 我想你们会请求 |
[12:39] | to dismiss, counselors? | 休庭吧 律师们 |
[12:41] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[12:41] | Bully, we’re done here. | 好 现在休庭 |
[12:43] | Lunch. | 吃午饭 |
[12:47] | You screw me like that and I will screw you back. | 你耍了我 我会让你吃不了兜着走 |
[12:49] | Have at it. | 放开来吧 |
[12:51] | Okay, I just made an enemy I don’t need. | 我树了一个本不必树的敌人 |
[12:53] | This better work. | 最好能成功 |
[13:09] | No one reaches the summit on her own. | 没人能孤军奋战到达顶峰 |
[13:11] | Women help women. | 女人帮女人 |
[13:13] | I’ve mentored exceptional women. | 我指导过很多杰出女性 |
[13:14] | Alicia Florrick was one of them. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克就是其中之一 |
[13:16] | But now that she’s running her own firm, | 但如今她已经去经营自己的律所了 |
[13:18] | I would like to mentor someone new. | 我想指导一位新人 |
[13:22] | And I’d like it to be you. | 我希望是你 |
[13:24] | Naomi, your work is very good, | 内奥米 你的工作很出色 |
[13:27] | very diligent. | 非常勤奋 |
[13:28] | And I think your legal opinions are sometimes bold. | 我认为你的法律意见有时很大胆 |
[13:30] | Never pays to be conservative. | 保守从不值得 |
[13:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:33] | So, I’d like to meet once a week or so | 我希望我们能每周面谈一次 |
[13:36] | and talk about strategies for advancement. | 规划发展策略 |
[13:40] | Will it mean more hours? | 你是说需要加班吗 |
[13:42] | No. | 不 |
[13:44] | I only ask because I’m not sure | 只是因为 我不能… |
[13:45] | I can squeeze it all in. | 把所有时间都用在工作上 所以才问的 |
[13:47] | I have a boyfriend now. | 我有男朋友了 |
[13:50] | We met online. | 网上认识的 |
[13:56] | You understand | 你知道这对你来说 |
[13:57] | this is an honor? | 是莫大的荣幸对吗 |
[13:58] | Yes, completely. | 当然明白 |
[14:00] | And thank you. It’s just… | 很感谢你 只是… |
[14:03] | Ryan’s on the fast track at Belvedere | 瑞恩在贝尔弗蒂尔正处于事业攀升期 |
[14:05] | and we’re trying to keep some time for each other. | 我俩还想给彼此留些时间 |
[14:07] | I’m worried about my last relationship. | 我担心这次又像之前一样 |
[14:08] | I was so focused on my career and where that was headed | 我太过专注于事业的发展走向 |
[14:11] | that I completely cut out any romantic ties in my life. | 完全没有感情生活 |
[14:14] | And now it’s been about three years since I even went on a date | 我已经三年没约过会了 |
[14:16] | and then I met Ryan online and that was really exciting for me. | 直到在网上认识了瑞恩 我非常激动 |
[14:19] | And he has most beautiful hair. | 而且他的头发超有型 |
[14:21] | Do these new summer interns seem less committed to you? | 你不觉得新招的这些暑期实习生不怎么敬业吗 |
[14:25] | No. Do they to you? | 没 你这么觉得吗 |
[14:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:27] | Well, I think | 也许 |
[14:29] | every outgoing generation of lawyers | 一代一代的律师都会觉得 |
[14:30] | looks at the incoming crop and thinks they’re not worthy. | 自己的投入和产出不成正比 |
[14:32] | Yes. | 这没错 |
[14:34] | But this generation isn’t. | 但这代人不是这样 |
[14:36] | They’re worried about their boyfriends and their long workdays. | 他们担心的是男朋友和加班时间 |
[14:39] | They’re looking for more balance in their lives. | 他们寻求更平衡的生活 |
[14:41] | More leisure time. | 需要更多的闲暇时光 |
[14:42] | That’s a good thing. | 这是好事 |
[14:45] | Let’s get the equity partners together today. | 召集权益合伙人 |
[14:48] | Okay, why? | 好的 什么事 |
[14:49] | To talk about Alicia. | 聊聊艾丽西娅 |
[14:52] | Like GHB, Tert-Butyl 4-hydroxybutanoate | 像G水 叔丁基 4-羟基丁酸乙酯 |
[14:55] | contains a gammahydroxycarbonyl moiety. | 含有一部分伽马羟基碳酰 |
[14:58] | But that’s the only similarity. | 但这是唯一的相似之处 |
[15:00] | The change in the chemical design is really quite elegant | 你了解后会发现 |
[15:03] | – when you look at it. – Thank you. | -化学设计的变化非常微妙 -谢谢 |
[15:04] | No, no, sir, this is not your courtroom; it’s mine. | 打住 先生 轮不到你说话 这里我说了算 |
[15:08] | Our apologies, Your Honor. It won’t happen again. | 很抱歉 法官阁下 不会有下次了 |
[15:11] | And this new chemical compound that my client created– | 我的当事人制出的这种新型化合物 |
[15:14] | it contains no illegal attributes? | 并不含有非法属性对吗 |
[15:16] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[15:17] | Tert-Butyl 4-hydroxybutanoate | 叔丁基 4-羟基丁酸乙酯 |
[15:19] | is electrically neutral, | 为电中性化学品 |
[15:21] | while GHB is an ionic compound. | 而G水是离子化合物 |
[15:25] | So, would that be like the difference between Coke and Pepsi? | 两者就像可口可乐和百事可乐的区别吗 |
[15:30] | No, it’s more like | 不是 更像是 |
[15:32] | the difference between a butyrate-Co-A ligase | 丁酸辅酶A连接酶 |
[15:35] | and a glycine N-acyltransferase. | 和甘氨酸 N-酰基转移酶之间的区别 |
[15:39] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 博士 |
[15:41] | Dr. Marcotte, the Federal Analogue Act | 马考特博士 联邦化学品类别法案 |
[15:43] | does not require that a drug be listed as a controlled substance | 并没有要求被列为受管制药物 |
[15:46] | for it to be illegal– is that correct? | 才属于非法药物 对吗 |
[15:48] | That’s my understanding. | 我是这么理解的 |
[15:49] | If it is substantially similar to a controlled substance, | 如果这种药物实质上与受管制药物类似 |
[15:51] | it is treated as though it were a controlled substance? | 也被视为受管制药物对吗 |
[15:53] | Objection. The witness is not qualified to answer a legal question. | 反对 证人没有资格回答法律问题 |
[15:56] | And yet, this is a motion to dismiss. | 但这是驳回指控的动议 |
[15:58] | And as much as you three are treating it like a full-on trial, | 虽然你们三个极其认真 当成是正式审讯 |
[16:00] | I have a life, | 我还有事 |
[16:01] | I’d like to get back to it, so overruled. | 想早点结束 因此 反对无效 |
[16:03] | Do you want me to repeat the question, Doctor? | 需要我重复一遍吗 博士 |
[16:05] | No, you are correct. | 不用 你说得没错 |
[16:06] | An analogue of a drug is treated, | 法律规定 |
[16:08] | under the law, as an illegal drug. | 类似的药物也被视为非法药物 |
[16:10] | And isn’t it also true | 那么 |
[16:10] | that no matter how elegant the defendant’s attempt to elude the law is… | 不管被告逃脱法律追究的企图有精妙… |
[16:13] | Objection! | 反对 |
[16:14] | I’ll rephrase. | 我重问 |
[16:15] | No matter how elegant | 不论这种新型化合物 |
[16:17] | this new chemical compound is, | 有多精致 |
[16:19] | the high associated with it is identical to GHB? | 它与G水确实具有很高相似度 |
[16:22] | Yes, that is definitely true. | 是的 完全正确 |
[16:24] | Your Honor, once again, the Federal Analogue Act | 法官阁下 再次援引联邦化学品类别法案 |
[16:26] | makes it illegal to produce or sell any drug | 法案规定生产或销售 |
[16:28] | that is only a few molecules away from a controlled substance. | 与受管制药物仅有几分子之差的化合物亦属非法 |
[16:30] | It’s not a few molecules away. | 不是只有几分子之差 |
[16:32] | It is the difference… | 那区别跟… |
[16:33] | Between Coke and Pepsi– Yes, I get it. | 可口可乐和百事可乐一样大 知道了 |
[16:35] | Points for making this folksy, | 为了「睦邻友好」 |
[16:37] | counselor, but your motion to dismiss is denied. | 律师 你的动议被驳回 |
[16:42] | Damn it. I thought we had it. | 该死 我以为能赢呢 |
[16:45] | What? | 什么 |
[16:47] | We still might. | 还有机会 |
[16:52] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:55] | This is your office? | 这是你办公室 |
[16:56] | Yes, I’m thinking of having it painted. | 是的 我在考虑怎么粉刷一下 |
[16:58] | What do you think? | 你说呢 |
[17:00] | Oh, um, excuse me. | 让一下 |
[17:04] | Oh, thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢 多谢 |
[17:06] | – Oh, I… – I’m still moving in. | -我… -这里还没布置好 |
[17:08] | Yeah, yes. I can see that. | 的确 看出来了 |
[17:11] | Um… Oh, oh, no… | 那个…不… |
[17:14] | – No, I’ll go back here. – Okay. | -不用了 我从这儿走 -好吧 |
[17:17] | Um, Mr. Gold? | 戈德先生 |
[17:19] | I really don’t know how I can help you. | 不知道有什么能帮你的 |
[17:21] | In fact, I-I don’t know | 事实上 我觉得 |
[17:23] | if the governor would want me to help him. | 州长应该不需要我的帮助 |
[17:26] | Well, we’re trying to show what a strong family Peter has. | 我们希望让大家看到彼得有个坚固的家庭 |
[17:30] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:31] | And there’s something you can help us with. | 有件事你倒能帮忙 |
[17:34] | Have you heard of… | 你听说过… |
[17:35] | Mama’s Homespun Cooking? | 妈妈的家传秘方吗 |
[17:38] | No, I haven’t. | 没听过 |
[17:40] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[17:40] | It’s a reality show. | 是一档真人秀节目 |
[17:42] | Oh, sounds delightful. | 听着很有趣 |
[17:43] | And I’d like you to appear on it with Alicia. | 希望你能和艾丽西娅一起做一期节目 |
[17:48] | – Sorry. – It’s-it’s-it’s a show | -抱歉 -在节目上 |
[17:49] | where you would teach Alicia a recipe. | 你要教艾丽西娅一个独家秘方 |
[17:53] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:54] | A new recipe she would then cook for her family. | 她会做给家人的烹饪秘方 |
[17:59] | And I’d love for you to participate. | 希望你能参与 |
[18:01] | Oh, I wouldn’t miss that for the world. | 这我绝不会错过 |
[18:05] | Okay, a few updates. | 几点要义 |
[18:06] | The Turnbow depositions will start on Wednesday. | 特恩波案的取证周三开始 |
[18:09] | What about the Cliven-Hartford suit? | 科莱弗恩-哈特福德一案呢 |
[18:10] | Settled. | 和解了 |
[18:11] | $1.2 million in damages | 一百二十万赔偿金 |
[18:13] | and remediation for facilities in Peoria. | 加皮奥里亚的设备损坏赔偿 |
[18:17] | Well, someone had a good nap. | 有人睡了个好觉啊 |
[18:23] | Would you mind repeating that? | 你介意重复一下吗 |
[18:25] | What? | 什么 |
[18:26] | I just want to make sure everybody heard it. | 我只是想确保大家都听到了 |
[18:28] | Oh, it was a joke. | 玩笑罢了 |
[18:29] | I know. Could you say it exactly the way you said it before? | 我知道 你能用之前的语气再说一遍吗 |
[18:34] | I said, “Someone had a good nap.” | 我说「有人睡了个好觉啊」 |
[18:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:37] | – Carry on. – Yes. | -继续 -好了 |
[18:39] | Well, now that we’re all up to speed, | 既然大家都跟上进度了 |
[18:41] | uh, I want to discuss Alicia. | 我想谈谈艾丽西娅 |
[18:44] | I think we should turn the temperature down with her. | 我觉得我们该和她和解 |
[18:46] | Do you want to invite her back? | 你想邀请她回来吗 |
[18:47] | We do that, we lose Reese Dipple’s business. | 这么做 我们就会失去里斯·迪普尔的业务 |
[18:49] | I’m afraid David’s right, | 大卫说得对 |
[18:50] | but we could feed her our overflow. | 但可以给她我们多出来的 |
[18:52] | Overflow? | 多出来的 |
[18:53] | You mean overflow cases? | 你是说多出来的案子吗 |
[18:54] | Yes, it’s financially negligible to us, | 没错 这对我们不造成经济冲击 |
[18:56] | but it could help her. | 但能帮到她 |
[18:57] | It could also help neutralize her as a potential pawn for Canning. | 也能避免她成为坎宁的潜在帮手 |
[19:00] | She’ll be our pawn instead. | 而做我们的人 |
[19:03] | Howard? | 霍华德 |
[19:05] | I’m checking to see who’s here. | 我在看都有谁在 |
[19:09] | Oh, would you excuse me? | 失陪一下 |
[19:12] | Uh, are there any opinions on this sub…? | 这个提议还有其他意见吗 |
[19:15] | This is Howard. | 我是霍华德 |
[19:16] | Oh, hello, this is Jackie Florrick returning your call. | 你好 我是杰姬·福瑞克 给你回电 |
[19:20] | Uh, did you need Alicia’s number? | 你需要艾丽西娅的电话吗 |
[19:22] | Oh, no, I was calling for you. | 不 我找的是你 |
[19:28] | Well, well, how may I help you? | 那有什么需要我帮忙吗 |
[19:30] | I, uh, haven’t done this in quite a while, | 我很久没这么做了 |
[19:32] | so I’m a, I’m a little rusty, | 所以有些…有些生疏 |
[19:34] | but, uh, | 但是 |
[19:36] | would you like to have dinner with me? | 你愿意和我共进晚餐吗 |
[19:41] | Intent. | 意图 |
[19:42] | What “intent”? | 意图 |
[19:44] | The Federal Analogue Act has a scienter requirement. | 联邦类似物法案有明知要求 |
[19:48] | You have to know what you were doing. | 你必须知道自己在做什么 |
[19:49] | You had to know that you were making an analogue drug. | 你必须知道自己在制造类似药物 |
[19:52] | Yes, but Roland did know. | 是 罗兰德知道啊 |
[19:54] | He knew he was making an analogue of GHB. | 他知道他在制造类似G水的药物 |
[19:57] | Yes, but he hasn’t testified to that. | 是 可他还没证明那点 |
[20:01] | Look, my client | 我的当事人 |
[20:02] | didn’t know he was buying an analogue to GHB. | 不知道他买的是类似G水的药物 |
[20:05] | He thought he was buying GHB. | 他以为自己买的就是G水 |
[20:07] | So he can’t be prosecuted for buying a controlled substance, | 所以他不能因购买管制药物被起诉 |
[20:10] | because it wasn’t one. | 因为那不是 |
[20:11] | He can only be prosecuted for purchasing an analogue, | 他只能因购买类似药物被起诉 |
[20:14] | but only if he knew it was an analogue, | 但只在他知道那是类似药物的情况下 |
[20:18] | which he didn’t. | 而他不知道 |
[20:21] | It’s a catch-22. | 这是「双环困境」 |
[20:22] | Yes. A very neat one. | 没错 一个典型状况 |
[20:25] | But it only works for my client… | 那使我当事人脱罪的唯一办法就是… |
[20:28] | if he thought he was making actual GHB, | 他认为自己就是在制造G水 |
[20:30] | not an analogue. | 而非类似药物 |
[20:32] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[20:35] | You’re not a chemist, Roland. | 你不是化学家 罗兰德 |
[20:37] | You studied computer science, right? | 你学的是计算机科学对不对 |
[20:38] | Yeah, but I did a lot of research. | 是 但我做了很多研究 |
[20:40] | I mean, you know, I love learning. | 我是说我好学 |
[20:42] | Wait, hold on. | 等等 |
[20:44] | Is there a chance that while you, in fact, | 有没有可能 |
[20:46] | made tert-Butyl whatever, | 你在制造什么叔丁基的时候 |
[20:48] | you were trying to make GHB? | 其实你是想制造G水呢 |
[20:50] | Tert-Butyl 4-hydroxybutanoate. | 叔丁基 4-羟基丁酸乙酯 |
[20:52] | Your intent is important here. | 你的意图至关重要 |
[20:54] | What you intended to do. | 你的意图是什么 |
[20:57] | No. Wait. | 不 等下 |
[20:58] | Don’t say anything yet. | 什么都别说 |
[21:01] | You can’t be convicted of making GHB, | 你不能因制造G水被判有罪 |
[21:04] | because it wasn’t GHB. | 因为那不是G水 |
[21:06] | You can only be convicted of making an analogue. | 你只能因制造类似药物被判有罪 |
[21:08] | But if you thought you were making GHB… | 但如果你以为你制造的是G水… |
[21:11] | if you didn’t know you had created an analogue… | 如果你不知道自己制造的是类似药物… |
[21:15] | No intent. | 没有意图 |
[21:16] | Right. | 对 |
[21:17] | To be clear, | 你要明白 |
[21:19] | I’m just telling you what your dealer | 我只是告诉你卖你药的毒贩 |
[21:21] | is going to testify to. | 会指证什么 |
[21:23] | I’m saying that could be your defense, | 我是说如果你想制造的是G水的话 |
[21:27] | if you were trying to make GHB. | 我便可借此为你辩护 |
[21:30] | So… no rush. | 所以别急 |
[21:33] | Take a moment and think. | 花点时间想清楚 |
[21:38] | So what were you trying to make? | 你想制造的是什么 |
[21:40] | GHB. | G水 |
[21:43] | So you never intended to make an analogue drug. | 所以你从未打算制造类似药物 |
[21:45] | Uh, no. | 是的 |
[21:46] | I thought I was making the real thing. | 我就是在制造真的G水 |
[21:48] | Objection. | 反对 |
[21:50] | What’s your objection? | 反对理由 |
[21:51] | He’s just admitted he was trying to manufacture a controlled substance. | 他刚承认了他试图制造管制药物 |
[21:54] | Yes, but he didn’t succeed in making a controlled substance. | 是 但他没能成功 |
[21:56] | He made an analogue– I imagine you’re arguing “by accident.” | 他制造了类似药物 我猜你会说「意外」 |
[22:00] | – Yes, Your Honor. – It’s a little cute, | -是的 法官阁下 -是有些狡辩的意思 |
[22:02] | but it does put you in a bind, Mr. ASA. | 但情况的确对你不利 助理检察官先生 |
[22:04] | – This is semantics. – No. It’s the law. | -这是语言漏洞 -不 是法律规定 |
[22:07] | You know the difference? I get a gavel. | 你知道区别在哪儿吗 拍板的是我 |
[22:10] | Your Honor, we move to dismiss. | 法官阁下 我们请求撤销此案 |
[22:11] | Hold on, I still get to cross. | 等等 我还是要进行交叉质询 |
[22:13] | You do. Mrs. Florrick, keep your motion handy. | 可以 福瑞克夫人准备好你的动议 |
[22:16] | Mr. Hlavin, | 拉温先生 |
[22:18] | how did you know how to make GHB? | 你怎么知道如何制造G水的 |
[22:20] | Read it online. | 网上查的 |
[22:21] | And if you were trying to make GHB, | 如果你想做的是G水的话 |
[22:24] | why did you give it a new name? | 为何要起个新名字呢 |
[22:25] | Snowball Chi sounded cooler. | 芝加哥雪球听起来更赞 |
[22:27] | I’m pretty good at marketing. | 我对市场营销很在行 |
[22:29] | I mean, I’m pretty good at most things. | 我是说我对大多事情都很在行 |
[22:30] | Not at making GHB, apparently. | 显然不包括制造G水 |
[22:32] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[22:33] | I’m just saying | 我只是说 |
[22:34] | you set out to make one thing | 你打算制造一样东西 |
[22:36] | and you made something else. That’s a failure. | 而成品却是另一样东西 这叫失败 |
[22:38] | Objection, Your Honor. Badgering the witness. | 反对 法官阁下 纠缠证人 |
[22:40] | It’s not much of a badger. Overruled. | 算不上纠缠 反对无效 |
[22:42] | I didn’t… it’s not a failure. | 我没有…这不是失败 |
[22:44] | You’ve never held a job in chemistry, have you? | 你没有从事过化学方面的工作 对吗 |
[22:45] | No. So what? | 对 那又怎样 |
[22:46] | – And you were arrested during your third drug deal? – Fourth. | -而你在第三次毒品交易时被捕 -第四次 |
[22:49] | So you’re not one of these | 所以你不是 |
[22:50] | designer drug geniuses. | 那种造毒天才 |
[22:52] | You didn’t make something safer or smarter or better. | 你没做出来什么更安全更难检测更好的毒品 |
[22:55] | You’re just a kid who tried to make something off the Internet | 你就是个想从网上学做东西的小屁孩 |
[22:57] | – and you botched the job! – No, it is better. | -而且你还搞砸了 -不 我做的东西更好 |
[22:59] | Oh, so you knew you were making something different? | 所以你知道你在做点不同的东西 |
[23:01] | I knew I was making something that saves lives. | 我知道我做的能救生命 |
[23:03] | Not like GHB? | 跟G水不一样 |
[23:04] | That’s right! | 对 |
[23:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:09] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[23:11] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[23:12] | your motion to dismiss is denied. | 你的撤案提议被驳回 |
[23:14] | Your client will stand trial. | 你的当事人将进行庭审 |
[23:23] | Yeah. Hey, Grace, what’s up? | 格蕾丝 怎么了 |
[23:25] | There’s something up with your client. | 你的当事人好像有哪里不太对 |
[23:26] | He didn’t go to Stanford. | 他没上过斯坦福 |
[23:27] | Yes, he did. Class of 2011. | 他上了 2011级的 |
[23:29] | No– yes. | 不是 是 |
[23:30] | I mean, yes, he’s on the alumni web site, | 我的意思是 他确实在校友会网站上 |
[23:33] | but I called the school. | 但是我给学校打电话了 |
[23:34] | They don’t have a record of anyone with that name. | 他们没有任何你当事人的记录 |
[23:35] | Ever. Neither does IBM. | IBM也没有 |
[23:37] | And the home address on his arrest report? | 他被捕时上报的家庭住址 |
[23:39] | There’s a Cuban family living there. | 现在住着一家古巴人 |
[23:41] | Grace, what’s going on? | 格蕾丝 这到底是怎么回事 |
[23:42] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[23:44] | But your client doesn’t seem to exist. | 你的当事人好像不存在 |
[24:00] | – I have to be out of here in an hour, Eli. – Me, too. | -我一个小时后就得走 伊莱 -我也是 |
[24:03] | Why? Where are you going? | 为什么 你要去哪 |
[24:05] | I have things to do. | 我有事要办 |
[24:06] | You’re not the only person who works, you know. | 又不是只有你一个人要工作 |
[24:10] | I hear you’re punishing yourself. | 我听说你在惩罚你自己 |
[24:12] | Punishing? | 惩罚 |
[24:13] | That’s what Owen says. | 欧文说的 |
[24:14] | Working for nothing, | 说你工作没意义 |
[24:15] | helping the great unwashed. | 帮助什么不洁之人 |
[24:17] | I’m starting over, | 我是要一切重新来 |
[24:19] | and it’s a good feeling. | 而且我感觉很好 |
[24:20] | Like every new husband. A good feeling– | 就跟所有的新婚丈夫一样 前几个月 |
[24:23] | for the first few months, then… | 感觉很好 然后 |
[24:24] | Why isn’t Peter helping you? | 彼得为什么不来帮帮你 |
[24:27] | – Eli? – Don’t ask me. | -伊莱 -别问我 |
[24:29] | – Alicia? – Mom, have you been drinking? | -艾丽西娅 -妈 你是不是喝酒了 |
[24:32] | What? No. It’s 2:00 in the afternoon. | 什么 没喝啊 现在才下午两点 |
[24:34] | I can smell it on your breath. | 我都闻到你的酒气了 |
[24:36] | I had a little wine at lunch, but I haven’t been drinking. | 我就中午喝了一点点红酒 我又没一直喝 |
[24:38] | – Oh, my God. – Let’s go, ladies. We’re gonna have some fun. | -天呐 -来吧女士们 我们会玩得很开心的 |
[24:42] | I’ll be there in a second. | 我马上就来 |
[24:43] | Eli, get her some mints or something. | 伊莱 给她点薄荷什么的 |
[24:45] | So I couldn’t find any other discrepancies in his story. | 我找不到他的说法里其他不一致的地方 |
[24:45] | 已上传照片 选择其他照片 | |
[24:47] | He’s all over social media. | 社交网络上到处都有他 |
[24:49] | He’s bragging about his new drug, | 到处炫耀他的新药品 |
[24:50] | talking about his brother. | 谈一些他哥哥的事情 |
[24:51] | But…? | 但是呢 |
[24:53] | But then I ran his mug shot | 但是我用脸部识别软件 |
[24:54] | through facial recognition software | 搜索了他的照片 |
[24:56] | and I got a hit. | 我找到了一个匹配的 |
[24:57] | You did all that? | 这都是你做的吗 |
[24:59] | I know. | 特厉害对吧 |
[24:59] | Well, Zach helped. | 其实扎克帮忙了 |
[25:02] | So what is it? | 那这是什么 |
[25:03] | Roland. | 罗兰德 |
[25:04] | But he’s in a group of FBI agents. | 但照片里他和一群FBI探员站在一起 |
[25:06] | He’s FBI? | 他是FBI的 |
[25:08] | If that’s him, he is. | 如果照片里是他 那他就是FBI的 |
[25:11] | Mrs. Florrick, ready to go. | 福瑞克夫人 该走了 |
[25:15] | So, as a working woman– | 作为一位工作女性 |
[25:16] | the mother of two, | 一位两个孩子的母亲 |
[25:17] | not to mention the wife of the governor– | 而且还是州长的妻子 |
[25:19] | how do you do it? | 你是怎么办到的 |
[25:20] | – Manage it all? – Oh, well, with great help from my mother. | -你如何平衡这一切的 -我有我妈妈帮我 |
[25:24] | She’s always there when you need her. | 当我需要她的时候她总是在我身边 |
[25:26] | So, what’s your go-to meal, Veronica? | 维罗妮卡 你的拿手菜是什么 |
[25:28] | Well, Mama Jill, | 其实呢 吉尔 |
[25:30] | I’d have to say that right now, it’s ordering pizza. | 实话实说 现在拿手的就是叫披萨外卖了 |
[25:33] | Well, there’s nothing wrong with that, is there? | 叫披萨外卖也没什么错 对吧 |
[25:36] | Every once in a while. | 过一段时间叫一次 |
[25:37] | But today you’re gonna teach Alicia | 但是今天你要教艾丽西娅 |
[25:38] | how to make your special lasagna. | 做你拿手的千层面 |
[25:41] | Yes, my special lasagna. | 对 我的拿手千层面 |
[25:43] | You remember, dear, | 你记得吗 亲爱的 |
[25:44] | my special lasagna that I made for you all those years? | 这么多年我给你做的拿手千层面 |
[25:47] | Yes, mom, I can’t wait to taste it. | 当然了妈妈 我等不及尝尝了 |
[25:49] | You may have noticed the tone of Alicia’s voice. | 你们可能注意到了艾丽西娅的语气 |
[25:52] | The irony in it. | 讽刺我呢 |
[25:53] | I guess I just wasn’t a very good cook when she was growing up. | 大概是她小时候我的厨艺不怎么样吧 |
[25:57] | But you must be making up for lost time. | 但是你肯定弥补回了那段时光 |
[25:59] | Yes, I’ve had to step up, haven’t I? | 当然了 我弥补回来了 |
[26:00] | Oh, really? Is that what this has been? | 真的吗 这段时间的事都是为弥补啊 |
[26:02] | Yes. It has. | 是 是这样 |
[26:03] | Oh, I know, you’re making fun, but it has. | 我知道你在开玩笑 但确实是这样 |
[26:06] | – Ever since, you know… the issues. – Mom… | -自从那个… -妈 |
[26:09] | Yeah, what I mean to say is, | 我想说的是 |
[26:10] | a mother needs to be with her daughter when things get… difficult. | 生活艰难的时候妈妈要和女儿在一起 |
[26:14] | – So what other preparation… And when I say “difficult,” | -还需要什么准备工作呢 -我说艰难 |
[26:16] | I’m not talking about marital difficulties. | 指的不是物质上困难 |
[26:18] | Mom, why don’t we just change the subject? | 妈 我们换个话题吧 |
[26:19] | Don’t patronize me. | 别对着我居高临下的 |
[26:21] | Get me Eli Gold! | 把伊莱·戈德给我叫来 |
[26:22] | I’m not saying what you think I’m saying. | 我说的和你以为的不是一回事 |
[26:24] | I stayed away for two years | 我离开了你两年 |
[26:26] | because you didn’t call me. | 因为你一直没给我打电话 |
[26:27] | Mom, I didn’t call you | 妈 我没给你打电话 |
[26:28] | because I didn’t know where you were. | 因为我不知道你在哪 |
[26:29] | So what about this lasagna? | 这个千层面还做吗 |
[26:34] | Thought you might’ve forgotten me. | 我以为你忘了我了 |
[26:36] | Who was your faculty advisor at Stanford? | 你在斯坦福的时候导师是谁 |
[26:38] | – What? – In the computer science department. | -什么 -你在计算机系的时候 |
[26:40] | – Um, no one in particular. – But what was his name? | -不是什么大人物 -那他叫什么 |
[26:43] | Um… I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:45] | Why is there a Cuban family living in your apartment? | 你公寓里为什么住着一家古巴人 |
[26:47] | Maybe you called the wrong number? | 你是不是打错电话了 |
[26:49] | What’s the right number? | 那电话号码应该是多少 |
[26:51] | Why are you asking me this? | 你为什么要问这些 |
[26:53] | Because you’re not who you say you are. | 因为你不是你说的那个人 |
[26:55] | And you sabotaged my defense strategy | 而且你搅黄了我的辩护策略 |
[26:57] | – and I want to know why. – Look, I didn’t mean to. | -我想知道是为什么 -我不是故意的 |
[26:59] | I’m sorry, I… | 对不起 |
[27:00] | lost my temper. | 我没控制好情绪 |
[27:08] | That’s you. | 这个是你 |
[27:11] | Are you in bed with the FBI? | 你在替联邦调查局做卧底吗 |
[27:12] | Are you an informant? | 你是线人吗 |
[27:14] | That’s not me, Mrs. Florrick. | 这不是我啊 福瑞克夫人 |
[27:16] | You don’t have to lie to me. | 你不必对我说假话 |
[27:18] | You’re covered by attorney-client privilege. | 你受律师与当事人保密特权保护 |
[27:24] | Okay. So this is what’s going to happen: | 那好 接下事情会这样 |
[27:26] | I’m going to the judge | 我会去找法官 |
[27:28] | and I’m going to ask to be relieved as your attorney. | 跟他说我不再是你的律师了 |
[27:31] | I can’t let you do that. | 你不能这么做 |
[27:32] | – You have no choice. – Yeah, I do. | -你没得选择 -我有 |
[27:34] | I don’t think you want me going to the judge | 我想你不会希望看到我跑到法官那儿 |
[27:36] | and telling him how you got me to perjure myself. | 告诉他你是怎么教我做伪证的 |
[27:40] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[27:41] | No, it’s what you said. | 不 是你说的 |
[27:43] | “You can’t be convicted of making GHB if it wasn’t GHB. | 你不能因制造G水被判有罪 |
[27:46] | You can only be convicted of making an analogue. | 你只能因制造类似药物被判有罪 |
[27:49] | But if you thought you were making GHB…” | 但如果你以为你制造的是G水… |
[27:51] | I never told you to lie. | 我可没让你去撒谎 |
[27:53] | In fact, I explicitly told you not to lie. | 事实上 我还很明确地告诉你不能撒谎 |
[27:55] | Let’s let the judge decide. | 那让法官来做判断吧 |
[27:59] | Who are you? | 你到底是谁 |
[28:00] | Doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[28:01] | All that matters is that you keep representing me | 重要的是你得一直做我的律师 |
[28:03] | until I get my day in court. | 直到我出庭作证那天 |
[28:14] | – Eli? – Over here. | -伊莱 -我在这 |
[28:17] | This is your office? | 这就是你的办公室吗 |
[28:18] | I know. | 是啊 |
[28:19] | But once I get some plants and pictures… | 只要放点植物和几幅画进来 |
[28:23] | I think it could really be something. | 这里还是不错的 |
[28:27] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[28:31] | I’m being set up. | 我被陷害了 |
[28:34] | No, Ruth wouldn’t go after you. | 不会啊 鲁思不会去害你的 |
[28:36] | Not Ruth. | 不是鲁思 |
[28:37] | The FBI. | 是联邦调查局 |
[28:38] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[28:39] | I have a client who I thought was a drug designer. | 有个客户我原以为他在设计毒品 |
[28:41] | But I think he’s an FBI informant. | 现在我觉得他是联邦调查局的线人 |
[28:44] | As part of his defense, | 作为他的辩护律师 |
[28:45] | I was walking him through a few different case scenarios. | 我帮他预演了几种可能的情况 |
[28:50] | I explained the implications of each | 还跟他解释了每种情况的后果 |
[28:53] | and I let him decide how he wanted to testify. | 让他自己决定如何作证 |
[28:57] | Is that a lawyerly way of saying you helped him lie? | 你是在用律师的方式 说你教他撒谎了吗 |
[29:01] | No. | 不是 |
[29:03] | But it could be interpreted that way. | 但也可以这样理解 |
[29:10] | What are you thinking? Enemies of Peter? | 你觉得呢 是彼得的敌人吗 |
[29:11] | Or you. | 或者你的 |
[29:15] | It’s a primary. | 初选阶段 |
[29:16] | Anything could happen. | 一切皆有可能 |
[29:17] | So what do I do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[29:18] | Just… let me find out what’s happening | 先让我查个清楚 |
[29:20] | and I’ll get back to you. | 然后会跟你说 |
[29:22] | Oh, wait, was the strategy yours | 等等 让客户撒谎 |
[29:24] | to get your client to lie? | 是你的主意吗 |
[29:25] | It wasn’t a lie. | 那不算撒谎 |
[29:26] | Okay. Okay. But was the strategy yours? | 不算就不算 可那是你的主意吗 |
[29:30] | No. It wasn’t. | 不是啊 |
[29:32] | Whose was it? | 是谁的主意 |
[29:34] | Eli, you’re not… | 伊莱 你不能… |
[29:36] | Oh, Mrs. Florrick, hello. | 福瑞克夫人 你好 |
[29:39] | – Ruth. – Thank you for your time today. | -你好 -谢谢你抽空 |
[29:41] | Cooking. | 去做饭 |
[29:43] | Yes, it was a… | 那是一次… |
[29:44] | unusual experience. | 非比寻常的经历 |
[29:45] | I hope you got what you needed out of it. | 希望能帮到你 |
[29:47] | A lot came out of it. | 帮了大忙呢 |
[29:48] | I just wish we had another chair. | 真希望这里能多把椅子 |
[29:50] | We could have a prayer circle. | 这样我们就能一同祷告了 |
[29:51] | Um, well, I should go. | 我先告辞了 |
[29:52] | Thank you, Eli. | 谢谢你 伊莱 |
[29:55] | I’m gonna get in here. | 我要进来 |
[29:58] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[29:59] | Thank — bye. | 谢了 再见 |
[30:00] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[30:03] | You told her to tank the cooking show? | 是你让她搞砸节目的吧 |
[30:05] | I didn’t need to. | 都不用我出马 |
[30:06] | Alicia and her mom do not have | 艾丽西娅和她妈妈的关系 |
[30:08] | what you would call a “Traditional” Relationship. | 不如你们说的那般「传统」 |
[30:09] | If you’d worked with her longer, | 和她共事久了 |
[30:11] | you would know that. | 你自然会发现 |
[30:12] | When you hurt me, you hurt Peter. | 你害我 就是在害彼得 |
[30:14] | I do not want to hurt either of you. | 我没想要害你们任何一个 |
[30:19] | Eli Gold, what am I gonna do with you? | 伊莱·戈德 我该拿你怎么办呢 |
[30:23] | You could quit. | 你可以辞职啊 |
[30:25] | My mom should be here soon. | 我妈应该快回来了 |
[30:27] | Can I get you anything? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[30:28] | Oh, no, thank you. | 不必了 谢谢 |
[30:28] | I’ll just wait here. | 我坐着等就好 |
[30:35] | – Diane? – Alicia. | -戴安 -艾丽西娅 |
[30:37] | I’m so sorry to barge in like this. | 很抱歉我这样突然造访 |
[30:39] | Oh, no, don’t be sorry. | 不必介意 |
[30:40] | I’m sure we can take a break from whatever we’re doing. | 事情再多我肯定也能抽空见你 |
[30:43] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[30:44] | There’s a lot of calls to return, | 你还得回很多电话呢 |
[30:45] | but I’ll hold them, Mrs. Florrick. | 但我会先处理的 福瑞克夫人 |
[30:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[30:50] | Uh, first, let me just say | 首先 我得先说一下 |
[30:52] | how impressed I was | 你当时处理 |
[30:53] | with the way you handled the Smulders inheritance. | 斯马尔德斯遗产案的方式太令人惊叹了 |
[30:55] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不用客气 |
[30:57] | We seem to have an overload of cases | 我们律所案子太多了 |
[30:59] | and not enough associates to handle them. | 却没有足够的律师进行处理 |
[31:02] | The partners and I met, and, um, | 我和合伙人开过会了 |
[31:04] | we would like to give a few of them to you. | 我们想将其中一些案子分给你 |
[31:08] | Uh… thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:10] | They’re not huge cases. | 虽然不是什么大案子 |
[31:11] | I’m not a huge firm. | 这里也不是什么大律所 |
[31:15] | How is it, being on your own? | 自己打拼 感觉如何 |
[31:17] | It’s been a bit of a struggle, but… | 遇到了些挫折 但… |
[31:19] | actually not bad. | 感觉不错 |
[31:24] | Big firms aren’t what they used to be. | 大律所变得和以前不一样了 |
[31:26] | Well, it sounds like business is good. | 听起来行情还是不错啊 |
[31:28] | You have an overload of cases. | 你们案子都忙不过来了 |
[31:29] | Yes, I guess it is good. | 是啊 我想这是好事 |
[31:35] | Diane, will you excuse me for a minute? | 戴安 我先失陪一下好吗 |
[31:42] | So, your guy is a lying egomaniac. | 你的客户就一谎话连篇的自大狂 |
[31:45] | Do you trust him to get through trial? | 你确信他能挺过庭审吗 |
[31:47] | No. | 不确信 |
[31:47] | Well, we can’t put him on the stand again. | 我们不能再让他出庭作证了 |
[31:50] | I don’t need him dragging my client down. | 不能让他把我的客户拖下水 |
[31:54] | Your strategy, the catch-22, | 关于你那「双环困境」的策略 |
[31:58] | are you always so creative with the truth? | 你对事实一直如此富有创造力吗 |
[32:02] | I am when I’ve been pushed to reject a one-year deal. | 只有在我被迫放弃入狱一年的协议时 |
[32:07] | I think we should sever our cases. | 我认为你我应该把案子分开 |
[32:10] | Separate trials, separate juries. | 不同陪审团 分别审理 |
[32:13] | Yeah, sure. | 好 |
[32:16] | Great meeting. Thanks. | 见面愉快 多谢 |
[32:17] | Screw you. | 滚蛋吧 |
[32:27] | The state calls Scott Pierre-Paul. | 检方传唤斯考特·皮埃尔保尔 |
[32:30] | Mr. Pierre-Paul, do you have reason to believe Roland Hlavin | 皮埃尔保尔先生 你有理由相信 |
[32:33] | knew he was making a designer drug? | 罗兰德·拉温很清楚他在研制一种致幻药吗 |
[32:34] | Yeah, he knew. | 是的 他知道 |
[32:37] | He marketed it as an alternative to GHB. | 他称其为G水的替代品 |
[32:39] | Said it was safer, no adverse side effects. | 更安全 没有副作用 |
[32:42] | And did he ever claim that his drugs | 他是否声称他的药物 |
[32:44] | were better than GHB? | 比G水更好 |
[32:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:46] | Yeah, that was the whole point. | 好了 我问完了 |
[32:47] | His testimony is gonna convict you. | 他的证词会证明你有罪 |
[32:49] | We need to come clean. | 我们必须坦白 |
[32:50] | About what? | 坦白什么 |
[32:51] | About you, who you are. | 比如说 你是谁 |
[32:53] | No. | 不 |
[32:54] | You think that the FBI is gonna protect you | 你以为只要你不说出自己的身份 |
[32:56] | if you don’t give up your identity, but they’re not. | 联邦调查局的人就会保护你 可他们不会 |
[32:58] | You’re supposed to do what I want. | 你应该找我要求做 |
[33:00] | No, I’m supposed to defend you. | 不 我应该为你辩护 |
[33:01] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克太太 |
[33:02] | I realize this rather damning testimony | 我知道这份证词对你 |
[33:04] | is upsetting to both you and your client, | 和你的当事人十分不利 |
[33:05] | but could you please hold it down? | 但是请你小声一点好吗 |
[33:10] | Your Honor, may… | 法官阁下 |
[33:11] | – may we approach? – No. – By all means. | -我们能上前吗 -不要 -当然可以 |
[33:13] | It’s not like we’re in the middle of anything. | 现在又没有其他事情 |
[33:14] | Wait! Young man, sit down! | 等等 年轻人 坐下 |
[33:16] | I’ve asked my lawyer not to do this, Your Honor. | 我不允许我的律师这么做 法官阁下 |
[33:18] | What is she doing? | 她想做什么 |
[33:20] | I need to speak with my lawyer. | 我想和我的律师说几句话 |
[33:22] | Please, may we have a recess? | 我们可以先休庭吗 |
[33:29] | Make it quick. | 快点 |
[33:36] | because I am an undercover FBI agent. | 我是联邦调查局的特工 |
[33:39] | And you are coming very close to blowing my case. | 你差一点就搞砸了我的案子 |
[33:42] | What case? | 什么案子 |
[33:45] | I’m your defense attorney. | 我是你的辩护律师 |
[33:46] | You don’t want me to defend you, | 你却不想让我为你辩护 |
[33:47] | then fire me. | 那你换个律师 |
[33:49] | It’s a sting. | 这是个圈套 |
[33:51] | – Of who, me? – No. | -给谁下的 我吗 -不是 |
[33:54] | Then let me go to the judge and brief him. | 那就让我去找法官 向他说明情况 |
[33:56] | No, the judge… | 不行 法官 |
[33:59] | is the target. | 就是我们的目标 |
[34:02] | – Schakowsky? – He will be offered a bribe | -沙考斯基 -会有人向他行贿 |
[34:04] | to dismiss all charges against me. | 请求他撤销对我的一切指控 |
[34:07] | If he does, he will be arrested. | 如果他照做了 就会被逮捕 |
[34:10] | Does Lucca know? Does the ASA…? | 卢卡知道吗 助理州检察官知道吗 |
[34:11] | No and no. No one knows, | 不知道 没有人知道 |
[34:13] | not even the cops who arrested me. | 甚至连逮捕我的警察都不知道 |
[34:15] | You went to all this effort. | 这一切都是计划好的 |
[34:17] | The Bureau is cracking down on corruption | 局里正在加大力度打击各州立法机关 |
[34:18] | in state legislatures and judiciaries. | 和司法机关中的腐败现象 |
[34:20] | Now, we need you | 现在 我们要你 |
[34:22] | to go back in there and continue this case. | 回到法庭上 继续这个案子 |
[34:26] | When the prosecution rests, move for dismissal. | 当检方休息的时候 请求撤销指控 |
[34:29] | – On what grounds? – You don’t need grounds. | -以什么理由 -你不需要理由 |
[34:31] | Schakowsky will have taken the bribe by then. | 沙考斯基会被他们收买 |
[34:33] | He dismisses the case, | 他一撤销这个案子 |
[34:35] | we arrest him. | 我们就逮捕他 |
[34:37] | Now, Alicia, | 现在 艾丽西娅 |
[34:38] | you have no choice in this. | 你没得选 |
[34:42] | Move for dismissal. | 去申请撤销这个案子 |
[34:53] | Any kids, Howard? | 你有孩子吗 霍华德 |
[34:54] | No. | 没有 |
[34:56] | I hated kids. | 我不喜欢孩子 |
[35:00] | You have a lovely laugh. | 你笑起来真美 |
[35:04] | My mother hated my laugh. | 我妈妈不喜欢我笑 |
[35:05] | She forced me to eat a garlic clove every time I laughed. | 每次我一笑她就让我吃大蒜 |
[35:07] | – You’re kidding. – No. | -你在开玩笑吧 -没有 |
[35:09] | You have a beautiful laugh. | 你笑起来真的很美 |
[35:11] | Refined. | 非常优雅 |
[35:18] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[35:20] | Nothing. It’s… | 没什么 只是 |
[35:22] | just been so long since I’ve been happy. | 我好久没有这么开心了 |
[35:46] | Hello, Alicia. | 你好 艾丽西娅 |
[35:48] | Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about this ageism suit. | 我想和你讨论一下关于歧视老年人的诉讼 |
[35:53] | No, I think I changed my mind. | 不 我改变主意了 |
[35:55] | I don’t want to bring the suit. | 我不想起诉了 |
[35:57] | I just found out what’s going on with Howard. | 我知道霍华德最近怎么了 |
[35:59] | Why he’s acting so weird. | 他反常的原因 |
[36:01] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[36:02] | He’s bringing an ageism suit against us. | 他想起诉我们歧视老人 |
[36:04] | For what? What have we done? | 为什么 我们做什么了 |
[36:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:06] | And you know who’s helping him? Alicia. | 你知道谁在帮他吗 艾丽西娅 |
[36:08] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[36:09] | I heard him on the phone with her. | 我听到他和艾丽西娅打电话了 |
[36:10] | You need to fire him. | 你得让他走人 |
[36:11] | You fire him, you give him what he wants, a cause. | 你这时候炒了他 正中他的下怀 |
[36:13] | No, we fire him for cause. | 不 我们有理由开除他 |
[36:15] | Next time he exposes himself to a client. | 等他下次冒犯客户的时候 |
[36:17] | My guess is, Alicia advised him not to do anything stupid, | 我猜是艾丽西娅劝他别做傻事 |
[36:20] | and he’s boned up on all the cases | 他专心研究这些案子 |
[36:21] | in order to appear smart. | 就为表现得聪明点 |
[36:22] | Diane, where are you going? | 戴安 你要去哪儿 |
[36:32] | I checked with Landau. | 我问过朗度了 |
[36:33] | He has sources at the FBI. | 他认识联邦调查局的人 |
[36:35] | They’re not after you. | 他们不是针对你 |
[36:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:38] | Which means… | 也就是说 |
[36:39] | they’re after Peter. I got to make a few calls. | 他们盯上了彼得 我打个电话 |
[36:41] | No, Eli, I was wrong. | 不是 伊莱 我搞错了 |
[36:42] | What do you mean? It’s not the FBI? | 什么意思 不是联邦调查局的人吗 |
[36:44] | No, it is. I… | 是的 可是我… |
[36:45] | Then let me make a few calls. If it’s a sting, | 我得打个电话 如果这是个圈套 |
[36:47] | the more exposure they have, the more they have to back off. | 曝光的人越多 他们最后做出的让步就越大 |
[36:49] | Eli, you can’t make those calls. | 伊莱 你不能打电话 |
[36:51] | – Why not? – Because it’s not about me. | -为什么 -因为他们不是针对我 |
[36:53] | It’s about the judge, Schakowsky. | 而是针对法官沙考斯基 |
[36:55] | It’s a bribery sting. | 这是一个让他受贿的陷阱 |
[36:57] | They pulled the exact same thing | 他们今年年初的时候 |
[36:58] | in Philadelphia earlier this year. | 在费城做过同样的事 |
[37:01] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[37:09] | Diane, hi. | 戴安 你好 |
[37:10] | Tell me something, Alicia. | 告诉我 艾丽西娅 |
[37:11] | Are you always gonna be looking for ways | 你一直在想方设法 |
[37:13] | to get back at me? | 来报复我吗 |
[37:15] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[37:16] | I thought we had smoothed things over. | 我以为我们之间已经没什么了 |
[37:18] | I championed you to the other partners. | 我在别的合伙人面前维护你 |
[37:20] | I got them to agree to send you our overflow. | 我让他们把处理不过来的案子转给你 |
[37:23] | You accepted my generous offer, | 你拿了所有好处 |
[37:25] | all the while actively trying to betray me. | 竟然在背后还一直向我捅刀子 |
[37:27] | Betray you? | 捅你刀子 |
[37:28] | I don’t… | 我不 |
[37:29] | You’re representing Howard. | 你是霍华德的辩护人 |
[37:31] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不是 |
[37:32] | You didn’t give him advice about bringing an ageism suit? | 你难道没建议他以年龄歧视提起诉讼吗 |
[37:38] | That’s privileged. | 我们的谈话是保密的 |
[37:39] | You told him exactly what he needed to do | 你告诉了他想要起诉我们的 |
[37:42] | in order to sue us. | 确切方法 |
[37:43] | Diane, this is not what it seems. | 黛安 事情不是看起来这样 |
[37:46] | Actually, sometimes it is. | 其实 有时候就是看起来那样 |
[38:01] | What is it about? | 到底要怎样 |
[38:02] | Howard? I don’t know, subpoenas maybe. | 霍华德 我不知道 说不定就见到传票了 |
[38:03] | – What did Alicia say? – Nothing. | -艾丽西娅怎么说的 -什么也没说 |
[38:05] | But she is advising him. | 但她给他提了些建议 |
[38:07] | – Bitch. – Hey. | -贱人 -别这样 |
[38:08] | What? | 怎样 |
[38:09] | So we tell him to take emeritus status. | 不如我们跟他谈谈荣誉退休 |
[38:10] | We’ve already been through that, | 我们又不是没试过 |
[38:12] | but he does nothing for the bottom line, | 但他连工作底线都没有维持 |
[38:13] | so we do have cause. | 所以我们是有理由的 |
[38:18] | Howard. | 霍华德 |
[38:20] | You wanted to see us? | 你说要和我们谈谈 |
[38:21] | Yeah. | 对的 |
[38:22] | Uh, I just wanted to say, uh, | 我就跟你们说一声 |
[38:24] | I brought in the Food Service Union. | 我代理了食品与服务业工会 |
[38:32] | – Excuse me? – The Food Service Union. | -什么 -食品与服务业工会 |
[38:35] | They were looking for new legal representation, | 他们在找新的法律代理人 |
[38:37] | and I landed them. | 我把他们搞定了 |
[38:39] | You convinced Ronnie Erickson? | 你说服了罗尼·艾利森 |
[38:41] | Oh, yeah, nice guy. | 是的 人不错 |
[38:43] | Friend of a friend. | 朋友的朋友 |
[38:44] | $33 million in yearly billing. | 每年3300万美金收入 |
[38:48] | Just thought you three should know. | 就跟你们打个招呼 |
[39:00] | I take it they were impressed | 他们应该被我朋友罗尼 |
[39:02] | with my friend Ronnie’s business? | 的这一单生意震惊到了吧 |
[39:03] | Impressed? They nearly wet themselves. | 震惊 他们差点吓尿了 |
[39:07] | Oh, that laugh. Oh, my God. | 这甜美的笑声 我的天 |
[39:14] | A nine iron? | 9号铁杆 |
[39:15] | 145 yards, pin high. | 145码 不偏不倚 |
[39:17] | I’ll never do it again. | 这辈子的运气都用光了 |
[39:20] | You should come with me sometime. | 你应该有空一起来玩 |
[39:22] | We’ll take the wives. | 把老婆们带上 |
[39:23] | Deal. | 就这么定了 |
[39:24] | Speaking of wives, I have a favor, Don. | 说到老婆们 我需要你帮个忙 唐 |
[39:27] | – Shoot. – You’ve got a case. | -说 -你手头有个案子 |
[39:28] | Roland Hlavin. | 罗兰德·拉温 |
[39:30] | He’s Muriel’s niece’s kid. | 他是穆丽儿的外甥女的儿子 |
[39:32] | He got caught doing something stupid. | 他干傻事的时候被抓了 |
[39:34] | I’ll say. | 可不是么 |
[39:35] | But he’s not a bad kid. | 但他本质不坏的 |
[39:36] | Believe it or not, | 信不信由你 |
[39:38] | he was trying to do something good. | 他本来是想做好事的 |
[39:39] | Keep people from overdosing. | 让他们别吸过量了 |
[39:40] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[39:42] | if there’s any way | 无论怎样 |
[39:43] | that you can dismiss his case, | 你一定想想办法把他弄出来 |
[39:45] | give him a slap on the wrist. | 教育教育就行了 |
[39:47] | Jail would break him. | 他进监狱肯定扛不住的 |
[39:49] | Let his Aunt Muriel have at him. | 让他穆丽儿姨婆收拾他吧 |
[39:51] | I can make it worth your while. | 我肯定不会亏待你的 |
[39:53] | I know your son’s been looking for a board seat | 我知道你儿子最近想进极科公司的 |
[39:55] | over at PolyTech. | 董事会 |
[39:56] | I can make that happen. | 我能搞定这件事 |
[40:03] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[40:10] | I understand the defense has a motion. | 辩护律师我知道你要提动议 |
[40:12] | We do, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[40:14] | At this time, the defense moves for a dismissal of all charges. | 辩护律师提议撤销所有控诉 |
[40:18] | On what grounds? | 理由是什么 |
[40:20] | The state’s entire case relies on the testimony | 州检察官的案子整个都建立在我客户的 |
[40:23] | of my client’s former codefendant. | 前共同被告人证词之上 |
[40:26] | His most recent testimony | 他最近的证词 |
[40:28] | directly contradicts his earlier sworn statements. | 和之前宣誓后的誓词完全相反 |
[40:30] | He’s simply not credible. | 他的话并不可信 |
[40:39] | Your motion is denied, Mrs. Florrick. | 你的动议被驳回 福瑞克夫人 |
[40:40] | This case will go to trial. | 被告人将会受审 |
[40:42] | Let’s pick a date, shall we? | 咱挑个日子吧 好不好 |
[40:49] | You tipped him off. | 你向他告密了 |
[40:50] | No, I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[40:52] | Maybe he’s just not corrupt. | 他也许的确是个正直的法官 |
[40:53] | Have you ever thought of that? | 你有没有这么想过 |
[40:54] | This was a two-year investigation, and we had him. | 这个调查已经两年了 他本来是相信我们的 |
[40:57] | Apparently not. | 目前看显然没有 |
[40:58] | Yeah, you’re fired. | 你被开除了 |
[41:01] | Nice meeting you, sir. Good luck. | 见到你很高兴 先生 祝你好运 |
[41:23] | Let’s get started, people. | 开始吧 同志们 |
[41:24] | Lot of cases backing up. | 好多案子等着呢 |
[41:25] | Bar attorneys, let’s go. | 在庭律师们 跑起来 |
[41:30] | Males 45-56, mrs. Florrick. | 男性45到56号 福瑞克夫人 |
[41:36] | And… | 还有 |
[41:36] | males 57-60 for you, Ms. Quinn. | 57到60号男性是你的 奎因女士 |
[41:41] | Your Honor… | 法官阁下 |
[41:43] | I don’t have time to discuss. | 我没时间跟你讨论 |
[41:44] | Let’s go. | 开始吧 |
[41:55] | Male 45? | 男性45号 |
[41:56] | – Oscar Massey, DUI. – Male 52. | -奥斯卡·麦西 醉驾 -男性52号 |
[41:58] | Carter Nicholas, exposed yourself in public? | 卡特·尼古拉斯 当众暴露身体 |
[42:01] | I’m Alicia Florrick, | 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[42:02] | I’m a bar attorney made available to you | 我是芝加哥在庭律师协会委派来 |
[42:03] | by the Chicago Bar Association | 帮助你的 |
[42:05] | for your convenience. | 在庭律师 |
[42:07] | You’re not required to hire me, but if you don’t… | 你不一定要雇用我 但是如果你选择拒绝 |
[42:10] | Thanks for doing that, | 谢谢你帮我 |
[42:11] | warning me. | 给我提了个醒 |
[42:13] | I probably never would’ve touched that bribe anyway, | 虽然我肯定不会对贿赂动心的 |
[42:15] | but I hate the way the FBI turns friends against friends. | 但是我真的很烦联邦调查局这样挑拨离间 |
[42:19] | It’s terrible, isn’t it? | 太可怕了 不是吗 |
[42:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:22] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[42:24] | I certainly owe you one. | 我绝对欠你一个人情 |
[42:25] | Good, because I need a little help | 很好 因为我也需要你帮我一个小忙 |
[42:27] | with Frank Landau. | 跟弗兰克·朗度有关 |