时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Nah. Now, seriously, | 现在 不是吧 |
[00:08] | there’s no fucking way that Penny Pann | 潘妮 潘绝不可能 |
[00:12] | can compete with these tits! | 赢过这波涛汹涌 |
[00:16] | – Do you love it? – Do I love what? | – 你爱它吗 – 我爱什么 |
[00:19] | Comedy. | 喜剧 |
[00:20] | Stand-up. Do you love it? | 单口喜剧 你爱它吗 |
[00:22] | Seriously? | 说真的吗 |
[00:26] | Well, I’ve been doing it a while. | 我已经做这个有一阵了 |
[00:30] | Okay, let’s put it like this. | 这么跟你说吧 |
[00:32] | If there was anything else in the entire world | 只要这世界上还有其他任何 |
[00:33] | that I could possibly do to earn a living, I would. | 能让我养家糊口的事 我都会去做 |
[00:36] | Anything. I’m talking dry cleaners to the Klan, | 任何事 哪怕是去三K党做干洗工 |
[00:38] | crippled-kid portrait painter, slaughterhouse attendant. | 残疾儿童肖像画师 屠宰场打下手 |
[00:41] | If someone said to me, “Leonard, you can either eat a guy’s head” | 如果有人对我说“莱纳德 要么你去吃个人头 |
[00:44] | or do two weeks at the Copa,” | 要么去科帕讲两周单口” |
[00:46] | I’d say, “Pass the fucking salt.” | 我会回答 “他妈的给我盐” |
[00:49] | It’s a terrible, terrible job. | 这是份糟糕至极的工作 |
[00:51] | It should not exist. | 就不应该存在 |
[00:53] | Like cancer and God. | 就像癌症和上帝 |
[00:55] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[00:56] | I went to the Varick station instead. | 我去了瓦里克警局 |
[00:59] | – Why the hell would you do that? – ‘Cause you like Varick better. | – 你为什么会走错 – 因为你更喜欢瓦里克 |
[01:01] | Jesus, Honey, you don’t get to pick. | 老天 宝贝 被抓了是没得选的 |
[01:03] | But do you love it? | 但你爱单口吗 |
[01:13] | Yeah. He loves it. | 他喜欢 |
[01:23] | Excuse me. Do I need a receipt for the bail money, or… | 打扰下 可以给我开保释金的收据 或 |
[01:25] | And next up in a night full of triumphs, | 下一位赢得满堂喝彩的女士 |
[01:28] | Honey forgot to tell the cabdriver to turn the meter off. | 我妻子忘记让出租车司机停里程表 |
[01:31] | He’s up to 20 bucks and refuses to get paid in weed, | 他要价20美元还不接受大麻付款 |
[01:34] | so I was wondering if maybe you… Of course. Here. | – 所以我想你能不能 – 当然 给你 |
[01:38] | – Put it on my tab? – Sure. | – 记我账上 – 好的 |
[01:39] | And, hey, if you need any help finding a lawyer, | 对了 如果你需要找律师 |
[01:42] | I’ve got a drawer full of cards. | 我有一抽屉名片 |
[01:43] | Just don’t tell anyone you know where I am. -Lawyer? | – 只是别告诉别人我在哪儿 – 律师 |
[01:45] | – Receipt. – What? | – 收据 – 什么 |
[01:47] | Wha… What did you mean “lawyer”? | 你说律师是什么意思 |
[01:50] | Wait, wh-what about a lawyer? | 为什么要提律师 |
[01:51] | – Hold on. – You said | – 等等 – 你说 |
[01:53] | if I need help finding a lawyer. | 如果我要找律师 |
[01:54] | Why do I need help finding a lawyer? | 为什么我需要律师 |
[01:55] | You got arrested, arrested means court, court means lawyer. | 你被捕了 就得上庭 上庭就需要律师 |
[01:58] | But why do I need a lawyer? I got bailed out. -So? | – 但我为什么要找律师 我被保释了 – 所以呢 |
[02:00] | – On the night I was arrested. – So? | – 就在被捕当晚 – 所以 |
[02:02] | – I didn’t sleep there. – Where is this going? | – 我都没在警局过夜 – 你想说什么 |
[02:04] | I got bailed out on the night I got arrested. | 我被捕当晚就被保释了 |
[02:05] | It’s almost like it didn’t even happen. | 就像什么都没发生过一样 |
[02:06] | – But it did happen. – But very quickly. | – 但确实发生了 – 很快啊 |
[02:09] | My advice: be your own lawyer. | 我的建议是 给自己辩护吧 |
[02:10] | – It’s ticking. – I should… | – 还在走表 – 我该 |
[02:12] | – Wait. – Yes? | – 等等 – 怎么 |
[02:14] | What? | 怎么了 |
[02:16] | I… | 我 |
[02:17] | You…? | 你 |
[02:19] | I-I don’t know what to do. | 我 我不知道该做什么 |
[02:22] | Well, it’s morning. | 那么 现在是早上 |
[02:25] | Go have breakfast. | 吃个早餐吧 |
[02:26] | Lenny, for Christ’s sake, I’m dying here. | 莱尼 等死我了 |
[02:28] | Yes, sitting in the cab must be harrowing. | 知道了 干坐在出租车里确实不好受 |
[02:59] | Stop throwing it out the window and put it in the trash. | 别再从窗外扔下来了 扔进垃圾桶啊 |
[03:06] | See, even the dog is upset about it. | 看吧 狗都受不了你 |
[03:30] | – No. – You tackled her. | – 没有 – 你撞倒她了 |
[03:32] | A nudge. A gentle nudge. | 推 就轻轻推了下 |
[03:33] | You took her down like she had the ball at the ten-yard line. | 你就是撞倒她了 就像她跑到十码线了一样 |
[03:36] | I simply felt it went to the wrong person. | 我只是觉得不该给那人 |
[03:37] | She’d waste it. And this is a very nice bouquet. | 她完全不值 而且这花这么漂亮 |
[03:39] | – Her ears are still ringing. – It has gardenias in it. | – 她的耳朵还在震呢 – 里面还有栀子花呢 |
[03:42] | Brutal. My wife is brutal. | 残忍 我的妻子真残忍啊 |
[03:44] | It was perfect, wasn’t it? | 很完美是不是 |
[03:46] | Yeah. Perfect. | 是啊 完美 |
[03:48] | Perfect wedding, | 完美的婚礼 |
[03:50] | perfect breakfast, perfect life. | 完美的早餐 完美的人生 |
[03:53] | So… | 所以 |
[03:54] | – Last chance. – For what? | – 最后的机会 – 干嘛 |
[03:56] | We could still get that apartment around the corner. | 我们还可以买下街角那个公寓 |
[03:58] | – Joel… – We could eat here every day. | – 乔尔 – 我们可以每天来这吃早餐 |
[03:59] | – I know. – We could be downtown people. | – 我知道 – 我们可以成为城里人 |
[04:02] | Close to the clubs, the park. | 周围就是各种俱乐部 公园 |
[04:03] | – You love the park. – Riverside’s a park, too. | – 你喜欢公园的 – 也爱滨江公园 |
[04:05] | I thought you wanted to be a cool chick. | 我还以为你想做个时尚少妇 |
[04:07] | I can be a cool chick with a doorman | 即使我和一个门卫 |
[04:08] | and a Kelvinator Foodarama refrigerator, can’t I? | 守着台老旧冰箱我也能做个时尚少妇 不是吗 |
[04:11] | Yes, you can. | 当然 你可以的 |
[04:12] | I really love that apartment. | 我真的很喜欢那套公寓 |
[04:13] | I grew up in that building. | 我从小在那长大 |
[04:15] | My parents are so close. | 离我父母还那么近 |
[04:17] | – Very close. – When we have kids, | – 确实近 – 当我们有了孩子 |
[04:18] | we can just go upstairs, drop them off, | 我们可以上楼把孩子扔给他们 |
[04:20] | go downtown, and be cool cats by night. | 去市中心通宵做对夜猫子 |
[04:22] | We can have it all. | 我们可以拥有这一切 |
[04:23] | I’m not gonna say no to you. | 我都没办法拒绝你 |
[04:25] | Not after I saw what you’re capable of. | 尤其是在我看到你能力之后 |
[04:29] | – You love me, Joel? – Rochester probably loved | – 你爱我吗 乔尔 – 罗切斯特大概爱过 |
[04:31] | that first wife of his, and then she went nuts | 他的第一任妻子 她后来疯了 |
[04:32] | and burned the house down. | 然后把房子烧了 |
[04:33] | Do you? | 你爱吗 |
[04:36] | I do. | 我爱 |
[04:39] | Meet me in the bathroom. | 到卫生间来找我 |
[04:41] | – What? – Two-minute head start. | – 什么 – 两分钟后 |
[04:43] | A-Are you kidding me? You’re in a wedding dress. | 你开玩笑吗 你还穿着结婚礼服啊 |
[04:45] | Excuse me. Where’s the ladies’? | 请问 女士洗手间在哪儿 |
[04:46] | Thanks. Clock starts now. | 谢谢 计时开始 |
[04:49] | Who are you? | 你到底是谁啊 |
[04:50] | I thought I married a nice girl. | 我还以为我娶了个乖女孩 |
[04:52] | You did not. | 你才没有 |
[05:22] | ♪ Dance, dance ♪ | ♪ 起舞吧起舞吧 ♪ |
[05:27] | ♪ Only with me… ♪ | ♪ 只与我一人 ♪ |
[05:31] | You alone? | 一个人吗 |
[05:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:41] | ♪ Love, love ♪ | ♪ 爱情 爱情 ♪ |
[05:45] | ♪ Love only me ♪ | ♪ 只爱我一人 ♪ |
[05:50] | ♪ Till all our sweet ♪ | ♪ 直到我们甜蜜的 ♪ |
[05:55] | ♪ Music ♪ | ♪ 乐曲 ♪ |
[05:58] | ♪ Is gone. ♪ | ♪ 慢慢消散 ♪ |
[06:13] | Joel left you. | 乔尔抛弃你了 |
[06:15] | I know. I was there. How do you know? | 我知道 当时我在 你怎么知道的 |
[06:17] | He’s at my house right now. | 他现在就在我家 |
[06:18] | What? | 什么 |
[06:20] | – Imo… – Shh. | – 伊莫 – 嘘 |
[06:21] | – My arm. – Shh. Shh. | – 我的胳膊 – 嘘嘘 |
[06:23] | Joel showed up at our house with this tiny girl suitcase, | 乔尔拎着个小巧的女士手提箱出现在我家 |
[06:25] | and he and Archie went into Archie’s office | 之后和阿奇去了书房 |
[06:27] | and shut the door, and all I could hear was | 关上了门 我只听到了 |
[06:28] | “bowling” and “pandas”… did you fight about bowling? | “保龄球”和“熊猫” 你们因为保龄球吵架了吗 |
[06:30] | – No. – Was there a panda? | – 没啊 – 那熊猫呢 |
[06:32] | – No. -Well, maybe it wasn’t pandas, but it had a “P.” | – 没有 – 那就不是熊猫了 但我记得有P |
[06:34] | Joel left me for his secretary. | 乔尔是为了他的秘书离开我的 |
[06:36] | What? | 什么 |
[06:38] | – Penny Pann. – Pann like panda. | – 潘妮 潘 – 潘妮和熊猫的发音相似 |
[06:40] | – Pann like panda. – My God. | – 听着是像熊猫 – 天啊 |
[06:42] | Ladies, take your place. | 女士们 各就各位 |
[06:46] | – His secretary? – His idiot secretary. | – 他的秘书吗 – 他的智障秘书 |
[06:49] | Wouldn’t be better if she was smart. Actually it would. | – 就算不是智障也好不到哪里 – 还是会好一点 |
[06:51] | Everyone, arms to the sky. | 各位 手臂举过头 |
[06:54] | Rag doll down. | 滚到底 |
[06:57] | Shake it out. | 抖起来 |
[06:59] | His secretary. How unoriginal. | 秘书 也太没创意了 |
[07:02] | Unoriginality is kind of his thing lately. | 他最近做的事都没什么创意 |
[07:04] | Rag doll up. | 摆上来 |
[07:05] | Grab your Lythe-lines. | 捡起你们的弹力绳 |
[07:09] | It’s always those girls. | 总是那些女孩子 |
[07:10] | – What girls? – Those shorthand girls. | – 哪些女孩 – 那些文秘 |
[07:13] | Girls who go to secretarial school and learn shorthand, | 那些上秘书专科学校学速记的女孩子 |
[07:16] | and that gives them entre to our husbands. | 然后通过这个去接近我们的丈夫 |
[07:17] | And once they have entre to our husbands, | 一旦她们接近了我们的丈夫 |
[07:19] | our husbands entre right into them. | 他们的魂就被勾走了 |
[07:21] | Shorthand girls. | 文秘女孩 |
[07:23] | I could have been a shorthand girl. | 我本来也有可能成为文秘的 |
[07:25] | I could have gone out into the workforce with my shorthand, | 我也可能去做些秘书之类的工作 |
[07:27] | but I didn’t… I got married. | 但我没有 我结婚了 |
[07:29] | I did it the right way. | 我选对了路 |
[07:30] | – Longhand. – That’s right. | – 有远见 – 那当然 |
[07:33] | The worst part is, I didn’t suspect a thing. | 最糟的是 我一点都没察觉到 |
[07:35] | I just thought we were a great couple. | 我还以为我们是模范夫妻 |
[07:38] | I did, too. | 我也这么认为 |
[07:39] | I told Archie constantly, “Midge and Joel, | 我一直跟阿奇说 “米琪和乔尔 |
[07:41] | they are a great couple.” | 他们是模范夫妻” |
[07:43] | Grab your bottles. | 捡起你的瓶子 |
[07:51] | Hey, stop working so hard. | 喂 别那么用力 |
[07:53] | Why? -You’re starting to look like them. | – 为什么 – 你会变得和她们一样了 |
[07:59] | – The divorcees? – Do not forget, | – 那些离过婚的 – 别忘了 |
[08:01] | we do this so we can eat cheesecake. | 我们来健身是为了吃芝士蛋糕 |
[08:02] | They do this because they need to find new men, | 她们来健身是为了找到新男人 |
[08:04] | or at least look trim for the coroner after they die alone. | 或者是为了死了验尸时没那么难看 |
[08:07] | Is that Martha Kilgallin? | 那是玛莎 柯盖林吗 |
[08:08] | – When did she join “the corner”? – Last week. | – 她什么时候跑角落去了 – 上周 |
[08:11] | Richard went straight to a lawyer’s office | 理查德带着手提箱和一堆酒 |
[08:12] | with his suitcase and his portable bar, | 径直去了律师事务所 |
[08:14] | and just like that, three became four. | 就这样 三个变成了四个 |
[08:16] | Now five. | 现在是五个了 |
[08:18] | Who knows besides me? | 除了我还有谁知道 |
[08:19] | My parents. Joel, Archie. | 我父母 乔尔 阿奇 |
[08:23] | Well, we won’t tell. | 我们不会说出去的 |
[08:24] | People will find out, eventually. | 大家迟早会发现 |
[08:26] | I should just come out with it and tell everyone | 我就应该直接告诉大家 |
[08:29] | and get it over with. | 然后这事就过去了 |
[08:30] | All right, let’s think this through. | 好吧 我们理下思路 |
[08:32] | If you do tell people, then at least | 如果你告诉了人们 那至少 |
[08:34] | you could control the narrative. | 你掌握了发言权 |
[08:35] | You know what I mean… | 懂我的意思吧 |
[08:36] | frame yourself in the best light. | 让自己占据有利处境 |
[08:38] | Done right, maybe you just get pushed back a row or two, | 处理得当的话 也许你只会后退几排 |
[08:40] | not all the way into “the corner.” | 不会一直被扔在角落 |
[08:42] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[08:43] | Unless you think Joel is coming back. | 或者你觉得乔尔还会回心转意 |
[08:45] | ‘Cause if you think he’s coming back, then it’s better | 因为如果你觉得乔尔还会的话 就好办多了 |
[08:46] | you don’t tell anybody, because then he’ll be back, | 那你就不用告诉大家 因为等他回心转意 |
[08:48] | and no one will have known he left. | 就没人知道他还抛弃过你 |
[08:49] | But if you tell them he left, and then he comes back, | 但你如果你告诉了大家 然后又和好了 |
[08:51] | you’ll still be the person that he left, only now he’s back. | 你不过是个与出轨丈夫和好的弃妇 |
[08:54] | But they’ll know that you were left, | 但大家一直会记得你被抛弃过 |
[08:55] | even though you aren’t left now. | 即使之后你没有被抛弃 |
[08:56] | And I don’t know what corner of the room | 我都不知道这个屋里还有哪个角落 |
[08:57] | you stand in to be that person. | 能容下这样的你了 |
[08:58] | All right, ladies, crab walk. | 好的 女士们 螃蟹步 |
[09:13] | ♪ Ain’t what you do ♪ | ♪ 不是你做的吗 ♪ |
[09:15] | ♪ It’s the way that you do it ♪ | ♪ 像是你做事的方式 ♪ |
[09:16] | ♪ Ain’t what you do ♪ | ♪ 不是你做的吗 ♪ |
[09:18] | ♪ It’s the way that you do it ♪ | ♪ 像是你做事的方式 ♪ |
[09:19] | ♪ Ain’t what you do ♪ | ♪ 不是你做的吗 ♪ |
[09:21] | ♪ It’s the way that you do it… ♪ | ♪ 像是你做事的方式 ♪ |
[09:23] | – Hey, Joel. – Hey, morning, Tony. | – 嘿 乔尔 – 早安 托尼 |
[09:25] | ♪ Ain’t what you do ♪ | ♪ 不是你做的吗 ♪ |
[09:27] | ♪ It’s the time that you do it ♪ | ♪ 像是你做事的时机 ♪ |
[09:28] | ♪ Ain’t what you do ♪ | ♪ 不是你做的吗 ♪ |
[09:30] | ♪ It’s the time that you do it ♪ | ♪ 像是你做事的时机 ♪ |
[09:31] | ♪ Ain’t what you do ♪ | ♪ 不是你做的吗 ♪ |
[09:32] | ♪ It’s the time that you do it ♪ | ♪ 像是你做事的时机 ♪ |
[09:34] | ♪ That’s what gets results ♪ | ♪ 这就是结果 ♪ |
[09:36] | ♪ You can try hard ♪ | ♪ 你可以更努力 ♪ |
[09:39] | ♪ Don’t mean a thing ♪ | ♪ 别太当真了 ♪ |
[09:40] | ♪ Don’t mean a thing ♪ | ♪ 别太当真了 ♪ |
[09:42] | ♪ Take it easy ♪ | ♪ 轻松一点儿 ♪ |
[09:44] | ♪ Please say it ♪ | ♪ 和我一起说 ♪ |
[09:46] | ♪ Then your jive will swing ♪ | ♪ 接着一起摇摆 ♪ |
[09:48] | ♪ It ain’t what you do ♪ | ♪ 不是你做的吗 ♪ |
[09:50] | ♪ It’s the place that you do it ♪ | ♪ 像是你做事的地点 ♪ |
[09:52] | ♪ That’s what gets results ♪ | ♪ 这就是结果 ♪ |
[10:16] | Moishe. | 莫伊舍 |
[10:19] | That’s a handprint, Jimmy. | 这有个手印 吉米 |
[10:20] | – Mr. Maisel… -Right there, right on the jacket. | – 麦瑟尔先生 – 这里 就在夹克这里 |
[10:23] | – A handprint. Not my handprint. – I know. | – 一个手印 不是我的 – 我知道 |
[10:24] | But it is my jacket, which is now ruined | 但我夹克现在成这样了 |
[10:26] | because right there, left hand, | 因为这里 左手边 |
[10:27] | – clear as day. – I’ll find out… | – 很明显 – 我会查出 |
[10:29] | I want you to find out whose goddamn handprint that is, | 我要你找出这个该死的手印是谁弄的 |
[10:31] | and you bring him to me. Yes? Good? Great. | 然后带过来见我 明白了吗 好吗 好的 |
[10:33] | Good work, ladies. | 干的好 女士们 |
[10:35] | – Keep ’em hum, hum, humming along. – Pop? | – 保持下去 – 爸 |
[10:37] | Love to hear the sound of the machines. | 我就爱听这机器运转的声音 |
[10:39] | – You don’t look sick. – Pop? | – 你看起来没病啊 – 爸 |
[10:40] | Miraculous recovery? | 康复了 |
[10:42] | Modern science score another knockout? | 现代科学的又一大奇迹吗 |
[10:44] | – I’m not sick. – That’s not what I heard. | – 我没病 – 是吗 |
[10:46] | I heard you were sick. Pin. | 可我听说你病了 钉住 |
[10:47] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[10:48] | Mother-in-law called an hour ago, | 亲家母一小时前打电话给我 |
[10:50] | said everyone in the family is sick. Everyone. | 说家里每个人都病了 每个人 |
[10:52] | What the hell are you doing? | 你他妈在干嘛 |
[10:54] | I said halter. That’s a sweetheart. | 我说的是系脖 你这是吊带 |
[10:56] | – Halter! Halter! Halter! – Sorry, Mr. Maisel. | – 系脖懂吗 – 对不起 麦瑟尔先生 |
[10:59] | Your mother-in-law called and said the whole family is so ill | 你岳母说所有家人都病了 |
[11:03] | that break fast is canceled. | 连开斋日都取消了 |
[11:05] | So ill, the holiest of holy days cannot happen. | 病到连这么神圣的日子都取消了 |
[11:08] | If it’s so holy, why do you keep the factory open? | 要是真这么神圣 那工厂怎么还开工啊 |
[11:10] | – You want a smack in the face? – I’m just saying. | – 你是想要一巴掌吧 – 我就说说 |
[11:12] | Those people get paid by the piece. | 这些人以此为生 |
[11:14] | You want to take a day’s work away from them? | 你想他们一天不能工作吗 |
[11:15] | God wants them to go hungry | 上帝会想看他们饿肚子吗 |
[11:17] | – because I shut my doors? – Fine. | – 就因为我不开张 – 好了 |
[11:18] | Half of those people out there are gentiles. | 这有一半的人是异教徒 |
[11:20] | You go explain Yom Kippur to a gentile. | 你去和他们解释什么是赎罪日吧 |
[11:23] | “We’re happy, but we’re starving. | 我们很开心 虽然我们饿着肚子 |
[11:25] | It’s New Year’s, but we’re guilty.” | 这是新的一年 但我们身负罪恶 |
[11:26] | Sounding like a nonbeliever, Pop. | 听着像是无信仰者说的话 爸 |
[11:28] | No, I’m not a nonbeliever. I am a believer. | 不 我可不是无信仰者 我是个信徒 |
[11:30] | I believe that everything I have is because of Him. | 我坚信我所拥有的一切都是因为“他” |
[11:34] | And these, which he gave me. | 是他赐予我这一切 |
[11:36] | – It’s Abe, right? – What? | – 是亚伯对吧 – 什么 |
[11:37] | – Abe canceled dinner? – No. | – 是亚伯取消了晚餐 – 不是 |
[11:39] | – Abe’s a nonbeliever? – Abe did not cancel dinner. | – 亚伯是个无信仰者吗 – 亚伯没有取消晚餐 |
[11:41] | That schmuck cancels the dinner. | 那个笨蛋取消了晚餐 |
[11:43] | – A holy dinner, he cancels. – It’s not Abe. | – 多神圣的晚餐啊 他取消了 – 不是亚伯 |
[11:45] | Your mother’s very upset. Does Abe know that? | 你母亲很难过 亚伯知道吗 |
[11:47] | – It’s not Abe. – Yom Kippur | – 不是亚伯 – 救赎日 |
[11:49] | is a very big deal for your mother. | 对你母亲而言非常重要 |
[11:50] | There’s kugel, she sees the kids. | 有面食 她看着那些孩子 |
[11:52] | Yeah, I know. -You think that happens every day? | – 是的 我知道 – 你觉得这种日子天天有的吗 |
[11:53] | You think every day there’s kugel and kids? | 你觉得每天都能看到孩子们吃面吗 |
[11:54] | – If you’d just… – Ooh, there was crying. | – 你能不能 – 有人在哭 |
[11:56] | So much crying. | 哭得那么伤心 |
[11:58] | A good 40 to 50 minutes of crying. | 哭了有四五十分钟 |
[12:00] | And finally, I said, “Shirley, if Abe doesn’t | 最后我说 “雪莉 如果亚伯不想 |
[12:02] | want us at his house, what are we gonna do?!” | 我们出现在他的家里 我们要怎么办” |
[12:03] | Pop! Please, just stop talking. | 爸 求你别说了 |
[12:10] | I’m not talking. | 我不说了 |
[12:13] | You’re not talking, either. | 你也不说了 |
[12:17] | Quiet’s nice sometimes. | 有时候安静更让人舒适 |
[12:18] | I have to tell you something. | 我有话和你说 |
[12:22] | Okay. | 说吧 |
[12:25] | Midge and I are splitting up. | 米琪和我分手了 |
[12:27] | That’s why dinner was canceled. | 这就是为什么晚餐取消了 |
[12:28] | We split up… last night. | 我们昨晚分手了 |
[12:32] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么 |
[12:33] | – Who? – The girl. | – 谁 – 那个女孩 |
[12:34] | – No, no, no, no. – Trixie, Dixie… | – 不是 – 戴克西 迪克西 |
[12:36] | – It’s not like that. – No? | – 不是那么回事 – 不是吗 |
[12:37] | No! No. It didn’t work. | 不是 是我们不爱了 |
[12:39] | It’s nobody’s fault. | 不是谁的错 |
[12:41] | Sometimes these things happen, okay? | 自然而然地发生了 好吗 |
[12:42] | People with the best of intentions just grow apart. | 出于好意 人们随着成长就彼此分开了 |
[12:45] | That’s all. Just wanted you to know. | 仅此而已 就想让你知道这点 |
[12:48] | That you and Midge split up? | 知道你和米琪分手了吗 |
[12:49] | – Yes. – Okay. Sorry to hear it. | – 是的 – 好的 我很遗憾 |
[12:51] | I always liked Midge. | 我一直很喜欢米琪 |
[12:52] | Just not the one? | 不是对的人 是吗 |
[12:56] | That’s gonna be a hell of a phone call to your mother. | 打电话告诉你母亲这件事太残忍了 |
[12:58] | I’ll do it when I get home. | 等我回家我会打给她的 |
[12:59] | Home? Okay. You’ll call your mother when you get home | 回家 好的 你回家后打电话给你母亲 |
[13:03] | and let her know your marriage is over. | 让她知道你的婚姻完蛋了 |
[13:04] | That’ll be terrific. Hey! | 那太棒了 嘿 |
[13:07] | Don’t bother calling your mother. I’ll tell her. | 别打给你妈妈了 我会告诉她的 |
[13:10] | That roll of pink tulle you’re dragging across the ground… | 你拖在地上的那卷粉色薄纱 |
[13:12] | it’s French. | 是法国的 |
[13:13] | Do you know what else is French? The guillotine! | 你知道还有什么是法国的吗 断头台 |
[13:16] | Turn your back for one minute, | 一分钟不看着 |
[13:17] | everybody is the village idiot. | 就都变成乡下白痴 |
[13:20] | Well, at least Abe’s gonna be happy. | 好吧 至少亚伯会很开心 |
[13:22] | – What are you talking about? – He never thought much of you. | – 你在说什么 – 他从来都没看上你 |
[13:24] | – That’s not true. – No? | -不可能 – 不可能吗 |
[13:25] | Okay. My mistake. | 好吧 我错了 |
[13:26] | Put it down! | 放下 |
[13:28] | Put it… Let me see your hand. | 放 让我看看你的手 |
[13:29] | Up in the air… left hand right now! | 举起左手 马上 |
[13:34] | Morning, Professor. | 早上好 教授 |
[13:37] | Good morning, Professor Weissman. | 早上好 维斯曼教授 |
[13:50] | There it is. | 就是这样 |
[13:51] | Study it. | 好好研究下 |
[13:53] | Now, this matrix is composed of two row vectors… | 现在 这个矩阵是由两个行向量组成 |
[13:57] | v-one and v-two, but the rank is only one. | V1和V2 但只有一个秩 |
[14:01] | Can anyone tell me why? | 有人能告诉我为什么吗 |
[14:04] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[14:05] | No. No. Truman? | 不 不 杜鲁门 |
[14:08] | Because once it’s reduced to echelon form, | 因为一旦转换成梯阵式 |
[14:10] | there’s only one independent vector. | 就只有一个独立的向量 |
[14:12] | Correct. Now, can anyone tell me the nullity of this matrix? | 答对了 现在有人能告诉我这个矩阵的零向量吗 |
[14:17] | No. No. No. No. | 不 不 不 不 |
[14:21] | – Truman? – Unbelievable. | – 杜鲁门 – 又是他 |
[14:24] | I’m sorry. Do you have something to say? | 抱歉 你有什么要说的吗 |
[14:28] | You never call on me. You never call on anyone. | 你从来不叫我 也不叫别人 |
[14:30] | You only ever call on Truman. | 你只会抽杜鲁门 |
[14:32] | Truman knows the answers. | 杜鲁门知道答案 |
[14:34] | Truman always knows the answers. | 杜鲁门总是知道答案 |
[14:36] | Yes, but we could know the answers. | 是的 但是我们也能知道答案 |
[14:38] | Really? Did you? | 真的吗 你知道吗 |
[14:40] | No. | 不知道 |
[14:43] | – Did you know the answer? – No. | – 你知道答案吗 – 不知道 |
[14:45] | No? Did you know the answer? | 不知道 你知道答案吗 |
[14:48] | – No. – No. | – 不知道 – 不知道 |
[14:49] | So none of you knew the answer. | 所以你们没人知道答案 |
[14:52] | – No. – But Truman. | – 没有 – 除了杜鲁门 |
[14:53] | But we could have known the answer. That’s the point. | 但是我们本可以知道答案 这才是重点 |
[14:55] | Could have? | 本可以 |
[14:57] | Could have. Charlie… | 本可以 查理 |
[15:00] | – Lance. – Could have doesn’t count. | – 兰斯 – 本可以 没意义 |
[15:03] | Maybe doesn’t count. | 也许 没意义 |
[15:05] | “I took a shot” doesn’t count. | 我猜的 也没意义 |
[15:07] | Because this room is a sanctuary | 因为这个房间是一个 |
[15:10] | from the variables in the outside world. | 远离外面世界变数的圣所 |
[15:13] | In this room, we deal with absolutes. | 在这里 我们和绝对打交道 |
[15:17] | Period. | 在我的课上 |
[15:18] | In this room… | 在这个房间里 |
[15:20] | this is what counts. | 这才是重要的 |
[15:24] | These two vectors are collinear. | 这两个向量是共线的 |
[15:28] | They go… together. | 它们在一条线上 |
[15:31] | And they will always go together. | 并且它们永远都会在一条线上 |
[15:34] | This is the solemn vow made by mathematics. | 这是神圣的数学誓言 |
[15:37] | In this room, v-two is never going to break that vow | 在这里 V2永远不会打破这个誓言 |
[15:41] | and decide that it doesn’t need the other vector anymore, | 并且决定它不再需要其它的向量 |
[15:44] | that it’s gonna run off and become linearly independent. | 决定了它会逃跑并变成线性独立 |
[15:47] | V-two is never going to come home from work one day | V2永远不会某天下班回到家 |
[15:50] | and tell v-one, “You know what?” | 告诉V1 你知道吗 |
[15:52] | “I think I need my own vector space. | 我觉得我需要自己的向量空间 |
[15:56] | See ya.” | 再见 |
[15:58] | And then v-one’s dad has to come in and tell her, “No”, | 然后V1的爸爸不得不走进来告诉她 不 |
[16:02] | “you can’t let v-two do that. | 你不能让V2那么做 |
[16:03] | You-you got to go get v-two back,” | 你 你要让V2回来 |
[16:07] | an impermanent solution, | 一个暂时的解决方案 |
[16:08] | because v-one’s dad is not gonna be around forever | 因为V1的父亲不会永远在她身边 |
[16:13] | to solve all of v-one’s problems. | 去解决V1所有的问题 |
[16:21] | Write that down. | 记下来 |
[16:28] | ♪ Daisy is darling, Iris is sweet ♪ | ♪ 雏菊很迷人 鸢尾很甜美 ♪ |
[16:33] | ♪ Lily is lovely, Blossom’s a treat ♪ | ♪ 百合很可爱 花对所有的 ♪ |
[16:38] | ♪ Of all the sweethearts ♪ | ♪ 甜心都是一种享受 ♪ |
[16:41] | ♪ A guy could meet ♪ | ♪ 每个男人都会遇到所爱 ♪ |
[16:43] | ♪ Well, I finally chose an American beauty rose ♪ | ♪ 我最终选了漂亮的美国玫瑰 ♪ |
[16:48] | ♪ Laurel will hug you ♪ | ♪ 月桂会拥抱你 ♪ |
[16:51] | ♪ Orchid’s divine ♪ | ♪ 兰花是神圣的 ♪ |
[16:53] | ♪ Still I finally chose an American beauty rose. ♪ | ♪ 我还是选了一朵漂亮的美国玫瑰 ♪ |
[17:00] | And just like that, Joel left, in the middle of the night, | 就这样 乔尔在半夜离开了 |
[17:03] | – like a cat burglar. – God, that’s terrible. | – 像一个飞贼 – 天呐 太糟糕了 |
[17:05] | I’m so surprised. He seemed | 我很惊讶 他看起来 |
[17:06] | so crazy about Midge. You want sugar today? | 很爱米琪 今天要加糖吗 |
[17:09] | No. Maybe a lump. | 不用 要不加一块 |
[17:10] | – Two lumps. – I put in three. | – 两块 – 我放了三块 |
[17:12] | It’s a stressful time. | 现在你压力挺大的 |
[17:14] | Drink. | 喝吧 |
[17:18] | How is poor Miriam? | 可怜的米里亚姆怎么样了 |
[17:19] | Who can tell with her? | 谁能和她谈谈心呢 |
[17:21] | You know, maybe I sensed something. | 你知道吗 我可能察觉到了不对劲 |
[17:23] | But just last week, I told her to get pregnant again. | 但上周 我还叫她再要个孩子 |
[17:26] | Too hot. | 太烫了 |
[17:28] | I told her, “Three before 30.” That was my mistake. | 我跟她说 30岁之前要3个孩子 是我的错 |
[17:30] | I waited too long between Miriam and Noah. | 生米里亚姆和诺亚之间我隔太久了 |
[17:32] | – I could only fit in two. – You need to drink the tea, honey. | – 我只能要两个了 – 亲爱的 先喝茶吧 |
[17:35] | But Miriam is Miriam. | 但是米里亚姆就是米里亚姆 |
[17:36] | She wanted to play and run around | 她想到处游玩 |
[17:38] | dressed in black like a FellinI film. | 像费里尼电影里一样穿黑衣服 |
[17:41] | It’s fine now. | 现在不烫了 |
[17:42] | There’s beer in her refrigerator. | 她冰箱里有啤酒 |
[17:44] | – Dear. – Joel thinks she’s frivolous. | – 天呐 – 乔尔觉得她轻浮 |
[17:46] | – That’s why he left. – She’s always been her own girl. | – 所以他抛弃了她 – 她一直在做她自己 |
[17:48] | Do you remember when | 你还记得 |
[17:49] | she wanted to learn to drive? | 她想学开车那会儿吗 |
[17:51] | Because she found pink driving gloves. | 因为她发现了粉色的驾驶手套 |
[17:53] | Everything with Midge starts with an accessory. | 米琪的所有想法都是由配饰激发的 |
[17:55] | How’s Abe taking all this? | 亚伯怎么说的 |
[17:57] | Abe got up this morning and went to work. | 亚伯今天早上起床就去上班了 |
[17:59] | The world could be ending, and he’d get up and go to work. | 就算世界要毁灭 他还是会起床去上班 |
[18:01] | And if Columbia University fell into the ocean, | 如果哥伦比亚大学沉入了海里 |
[18:04] | he’d work from home. | 他就会在家里工作 |
[18:07] | – Here. – Does the rabbi know? | – 给你 – 拉比知道吗 |
[18:09] | – What? No. God, no. – Good. | – 什么 不 天啊 不知道 – 很好 |
[18:11] | – Can you imagine? – I don’t want to. | – 你能想象吗 – 我不想 |
[18:13] | We’re all sick. That’s what he knows. | 我们都生病了 我这么告诉他的 |
[18:15] | Very, very sick. You did not see me today. | 非常 非常严重 你今天没见过我 |
[18:17] | Who am I talking to? No one. I’m alone here. | 我能跟谁说啊 没人 这儿就我一个 |
[18:19] | Okay, let’s take a look at this. | 好的 我们来看看这个 |
[18:22] | I failed her. I failed her somehow. | 我对不起她 在某种程度上 |
[18:24] | My whole family, everyone’s married. | 我家族的每个人都结婚了 |
[18:26] | Abe’s family, everyone’s married. | 亚伯家族的每个人也都结婚了 |
[18:28] | I should’ve sent her to Paris. My mother sent me to Paris. | 我应该送她去巴黎的 我妈妈就送我去了巴黎 |
[18:30] | Paris is wonderful, but it’s good Midge didn’t go. | 巴黎很棒 但是米琪没去是好事 |
[18:33] | There was danger for her there. | 那对她来说很危险 |
[18:35] | – Too much bread. – Yes. | – 太多诱惑了 – 是的 |
[18:37] | Okay, let’s see. | 好的 来看看 |
[18:39] | I just need to know whether or not | 我只需要知道是不是 |
[18:40] | this separation is actually going to happen. | 真的要分开 |
[18:42] | – I see a hammer. – Is a hammer good? | – 我看见了一个铁锤 – 铁锤是好事吗 |
[18:44] | It is if you want to hang a picture. | 你要是想挂一幅画它是不错 |
[18:46] | Please, Drina… | 拜托 迪娜 |
[18:48] | A hammer means triumph. You will triumph. | 铁锤象征胜利 你会胜利的 |
[18:51] | And the leaves say this journey will end in peace and happiness. | 这些茶叶说整件事将以和平和幸福告终 |
[18:56] | Triumph? Peace and happiness? You’re sure? | 胜利 和平和幸福 你确定吗 |
[18:59] | – You’re doubting the leaves? – No. Never. | – 你怀疑茶叶吗 – 不 从不 |
[19:01] | Okay, you’re still nervous. Drina knows this. | 好吧 你还是很担心 迪娜看出来了 |
[19:04] | I’ll tell you what. | 我告诉你怎么做 |
[19:06] | I’ll throw in a charm. Put this | 我给你一个符咒 把这个 |
[19:08] | under Miriam’s pillow for a week. | 在米里亚姆的枕头底下放一周 |
[19:11] | It’ll help the luck stick. | 它会带来好运 |
[19:13] | My God, what is that smell? | 我的天 这是什么味道 |
[19:15] | Tannis root. Just tell Miriam | 是单宁根 就告诉米里亚姆 |
[19:16] | a rat died in the wall or something. | 墙里有老鼠死了什么的 |
[19:18] | – Thank you, Drina. – Don’t worry. | – 谢谢你 迪娜 – 别担心 |
[19:20] | Miriam will land on her feet. | 米里亚姆会振作起来的 |
[19:23] | Take it from me. | 相信我 |
[19:26] | Are you paying by check today? | 你今天用支票付款吗 |
[19:34] | Hey, Mrs. Maisel! Hold on a sec! | 麦瑟尔夫人 稍等 |
[19:36] | – What’s wrong? – Some guy showed up here looking for you. | – 怎么了 – 有人来这找你 |
[19:38] | I asked him to wait down here, but he pushed right past. | 我叫他在这等 但是他强行冲了进去 |
[19:40] | – Almost bit me. – No. | – 差点咬到我 – 不 |
[19:42] | – Hey, I’m calling the cops right now. – Don’t call the cops. | – 我现在就报警 – 别报警 |
[19:44] | Everything’s fine! | 没什么大事 |
[19:46] | – Good morning, Mrs. Maisel. – Good morning. | – 早上好 麦瑟尔夫人 – 早上好 |
[19:53] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:54] | – Are you fucking kidding me? – I know. | – 你在跟我开玩笑吗 – 我知道 |
[19:55] | – I know. – 9:30. | – 我知道 – 九点半 |
[19:57] | I got up at 9:30. In the morning. | 我早上九点半起床 |
[20:00] | You know the last time I was up at 9:30 in the morning? | 你知道我上一次九点半起床是什么时候吗 |
[20:02] | It was the last time I stayed out all night | 是我整夜没睡 |
[20:03] | and got home at 9:30 in the morning. | 然后早上九点半到家 |
[20:05] | That is the last time I was up at 9:30 in the morning. | 那是我上一次早上九点半起床 |
[20:07] | I’m sorry. It was a rough night. | 抱歉 昨晚太难熬了 |
[20:09] | Hey, you came to me, okay? | 是你先找上我的 好吗 |
[20:10] | You know, I-I didn’t ask you to bang on my door. | 你知道 我 我没让你去敲我的门 |
[20:12] | I didn’t even tell you where my door was. | 我连我住哪儿都没告诉你 |
[20:13] | You figured out where it was | 你找到了我的地址 |
[20:14] | and then you came there and then you banged on it | 然后你跑去我家 然后你自己主动 |
[20:16] | – of your own free will. – I forgot. | – 敲的门 – 我忘了 |
[20:18] | Much better. | 感觉好多了 |
[20:20] | It is so much better that you just forgot. | 你忘了真是太好了 |
[20:22] | You know, my fear was that you remembered | 你知道吗 我就怕你还记得 |
[20:23] | and chose not to meet me. | 然后选择不见我 |
[20:25] | But now that I know I literally didn’t even enter into y… | 但是现在我知道 我甚至没有进入 |
[20:28] | Wh-Where the hell are we? What is this, fucking Versailles? | 我们在哪儿 这是什么地方 凡尔赛宫吗 |
[20:30] | It’s my apartment. | 这是我的公寓 |
[20:32] | Your table is set for 30. | 你的餐桌可以坐下30个人 |
[20:33] | Who has cutlery for 30? | 谁会准备30套餐具 |
[20:35] | Jesus Christ, what is this, a landing strip? | 天呐 这是什么 飞机跑道吗 |
[20:37] | Where is your airplane, in the bathroom? | 你的飞机在哪儿 在浴室吗 |
[20:39] | I had no idea you were such an important person. | 我不知道你来头这么大 |
[20:41] | If I had realized that the queen of England had stood me up, | 我要是知道英国女王放了我鸽子 |
[20:44] | I would have understood. But I just thought | 我就理解了 但是我以为 |
[20:45] | you were some drunk housewife who needed my help. | 你只是某个需要我帮助的醉酒家庭主妇 |
[20:47] | I had no idea you were related to fucking Charlemagne. | 我不知道你和查理曼大帝是亲戚 |
[20:52] | ‘Cause if Catherine the Great had shown up and said, | 因为如果凯瑟琳大帝出现在我面前说 |
[20:53] | “Hey, let’s meet at 10:00,” I probably wouldn’t have expected | 我们十点见吧 我也许就不会期待 |
[20:55] | her to show up either. But you have to tell people who you are. | 她的出现 但是你要告诉别人你是谁 |
[20:58] | ‘Cause if all they have to go on is the fact | 因为他们会认为 |
[21:00] | that you make appointments and then forget about them, | 是你预约见面又忘记了这回事 |
[21:02] | they’re just gonna think you’re a stuck-up twat. | 他们会觉得你是一个目中无人的混蛋 |
[21:03] | It’s an easy mistake to make. | 这是一个很容易犯的错误 |
[21:05] | I almost made that same mistake. | 我差点也犯了同样的错 |
[21:06] | But then I saw your dining room was set for Parliament… | 但刚才我看见你的餐厅被布置成议会桌的样子 |
[21:09] | What the… What is this, | 这是 这是什么 |
[21:11] | a backup place in case you get bored with the other one? | 一个备用的地方以防你们厌烦了另外一个吗 |
[21:14] | What the hell is going on here? | 这里到底什么情况怎么回事 |
[21:16] | – They’ve already eaten, Miss Miriam. – Thank you, Zelda. | – 他们都已经吃过了 米里亚姆小姐 – 谢谢 塞尔达 |
[21:18] | Hey, Zelda, have you seen the place downstairs? | 嘿 塞尔达 你去过楼下的公寓吗 |
[21:20] | – It will blow your mind. – Hi, lady. | – 会让你大开眼界的 – 你好 女士 |
[21:22] | What? Where are we going? | 什么 我们要去哪儿 |
[21:23] | Why am I touching this child? | 为什么我要牵着这孩子 |
[21:24] | – Why is this child touching me? – Hi, lady. | – 为什么这孩子牵着我 – 女士好 |
[21:26] | Why is his hand sticky? Why is your hand sticky? | 为什么这孩子手上黏糊糊的 为什么你的手这么黏 |
[21:29] | Where has his hand been that it is now currently very sticky? | 他的手摸了什么 为什么现在这么黏 |
[21:33] | – Hi, lady. – Why am I still holding this child? | – 女士好 – 为什么我还牵着这孩子 |
[21:36] | He can’t find his way home from here? | 他找不到回家的路了吗 |
[21:38] | I made it home just fine when my mother forgot me | 我妈妈把我忘在休战纪念日游行的时候 |
[21:40] | at the Armistice Day Parade. | 我也顺利找回家了 |
[21:41] | An old soldier with one arm gave me a nickel | 一个独臂老兵给了我五分硬币 |
[21:43] | and I took the bus home. You’re welcome! | 我自己坐车回家了 不用谢 |
[21:45] | Real polite kid you got there. Good job. | 你孩子真懂礼貌 教得真好 |
[21:48] | Would you like some iced tea? | 你要点冰茶吗 |
[21:49] | Do I want some iced tea? | 我要点冰茶吗 |
[21:50] | Let me think. Fuck you. | 我想想 去你的 |
[21:52] | No, I do not want any iced tea. | 不 我不要什么冰茶 |
[21:55] | First, you stand me up. | 首先 你放我鸽子 |
[21:57] | Then you Bataan Death March me through Buckingham Palace. | 其次你带我在白金汉宫里进行巴丹死亡行军 |
[22:00] | You make me hold your kid’s filthy hand, | 你让我牵了你孩子的脏手 |
[22:01] | which means I probably got 14 different kinds of cholera right now. | 这意味着我现在可能携带了14种不同的霍乱病毒 |
[22:04] | Sit down. I’ll get us some iced tea. | 快坐 我拿点冰茶来 |
[22:05] | Sit where? Here? What, on this? Are you kidding me? | 坐哪儿 这儿吗 什么 坐这儿 你开玩笑吗 |
[22:07] | I’m not sitting in here. | 我才不要坐这儿 |
[22:09] | This is not furniture for sitting! | 这不是用来坐的家具 |
[22:10] | This is furniture you get appraised | 这些是当你死了个有钱叔叔时 |
[22:12] | when a rich uncle dies. | 被用来低价估卖的家具 |
[22:13] | You really should put plastic | 你真的应该用塑料 |
[22:14] | – over all of this. – It’s fine. | – 把这些都包起来 – 没关系的 |
[22:16] | Are those two really your children | 那两个真是你孩子吗 |
[22:18] | or did we just break in and kidnap a couple kids? | 还是我们非法闯入绑架的孩子 |
[22:20] | – Of course they’re mine. – Well, just making sure. | – 他们当然是我的 – 只是确认下 |
[22:23] | I mean, when you fraternize with an ex-con… | 毕竟在和有前科的人结交 |
[22:25] | Hey, did you know that I have to get a lawyer and go to court? | 你知道我必须找个律师上法庭吗 |
[22:28] | – Yes. – Even though I got | – 是啊 – 即使我 |
[22:29] | bailed out on the night I got arrested. | 在被捕当晚就被保释了 |
[22:31] | What the hell does that have to do with anything? | 这有什么关系吗 |
[22:32] | – So it’s not a thing? – No, it’s not a thing. | – 这不算个事吗 – 当然不算 |
[22:35] | Why do I have it in my head that it’s a thing? | 为什么我觉得这是个事呢 |
[22:37] | I don’t know, lady. Maybe it’s all that royal inbreeding. | 不知道 可能是因为皇室近亲交配 |
[22:40] | This is not that fancy of an apartment. | 这个公寓没那么奢华 |
[22:42] | It’s just ridiculous. That whole getting arrested thing. | 这太荒谬了 整个逮捕事件 |
[22:44] | So I said some bad words. | 就因为我说了几句脏话 |
[22:46] | Well, and you flashed the room. | 你可是在大庭广众之下坦胸露乳了 |
[22:48] | – What? – You flashed the room. | – 什么 – 你在大庭广众之下坦胸露乳了 |
[22:50] | You pulled your top down. | 你把你的上衣脱了 |
[22:51] | – I did not. – You did, too. | – 我没有 – 你有 |
[22:53] | You hit a switch and out they came. | 你触及了底线他们就进来了 |
[22:55] | – That’s ridiculous. – “Soup’s on, boys!” | – 太荒唐了 – 开饭了 孩子们 |
[22:57] | If I did that, I’d remember. | 如果我真做了 我一定会记得 |
[22:59] | – Cake? – No, I do not want cake. | – 要蛋糕吗 – 不 我不想吃蛋糕 |
[23:01] | You know what, I would like to know what I am doing… | 你知道吗 我想知道我在干嘛 |
[23:03] | Wow. | 喔 |
[23:04] | That-that is an adorable cake. | 这个蛋糕 很可爱 |
[23:06] | I’m sorry about today. | 我对今天的事很抱歉 |
[23:08] | I really am. | 真的很抱歉 |
[23:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:11] | Let’s just forget about this morning, okay? | 让我们忘掉这个早上 好吗 |
[23:13] | I’m here. We can start now. | 我现在在这儿 我们可以现在开始 |
[23:15] | You have any paper? Pen? | 你有纸笔吗 |
[23:17] | Maybe parchment and a quill? | 或者羊皮纸和羽毛笔 |
[23:19] | – Why? – So I can write down some stuff for you | – 为什么 – 这样我可以写点东西给你 |
[23:20] | – to talk about onstage. – No, no, no. | – 以用作舞台表演 – 不 不要 |
[23:22] | Look, I’m-I’m sorry about this morning, | 这样 我对早上的事很抱歉 |
[23:24] | but that woman last night, | 但昨天你见到的那个女人 |
[23:25] | she was not me. | 她不是我 |
[23:26] | This is me. I am me. | 这才是我 我才是我 |
[23:29] | I’m the woman who’s gonna be standing | 我将是那个站在 |
[23:30] | in the corner next to Martha Kilgallin, | 玛莎·基尔盖伦身旁 绝望且像头猪 |
[23:32] | – desperate and sweating like a pig. – There are two Ls | – 一样流汗的女人 – 基尔盖伦 |
[23:35] | – in “Kilgallin”? – I’m the woman who’s gonna get elbowed | – 有两个Ls吗 – 我将是那个 |
[23:36] | out of the way at the butcher shop so that other women | 在肉店被推开的女人 这样一来其他女人 |
[23:38] | can get the best lamb chops. Other women who have husbands | 就能买到最好的羊肉 那些为丈夫 |
[23:40] | to shop for. Nobody cares if you’re ordering steak for one. | 买菜的女人 没人会在意你给自己买的羊排 |
[23:43] | That’s me. That’s the real me we’re dealing with. | 这就是我 这就是真正的我 |
[23:45] | And she’s not fun. She’s sad and embarrassed | 而她并不有趣 她既悲伤又窘迫 |
[23:49] | and… What are you doing? | 并且 你在干嘛 |
[23:50] | I’m making notes. This is great stuff. | 我在记笔记 这些句子太好了 |
[23:52] | This is not great stuff. | 这些并不是什么好句子 |
[23:53] | This is my life falling apart. | 这是我分崩离析的生活 |
[23:55] | My husband left me. Do you understand that? | 我丈夫抛弃了我 你能理解吗 |
[23:58] | He left me, left my children. You’ve met my children. | 他抛弃了我 抛弃了我的孩子 你见过我的孩子了 |
[24:00] | I did. One of ’em gave me bubonic plague. | 见到了 其中一个还传染了我黑鼠疫 |
[24:02] | It was jelly, goddamn it. Children get jelly | 那是果冻 我天 孩子手上 |
[24:04] | – on their hands. – Okay. Relax. | – 沾了果冻 – 好 放松 |
[24:06] | The woman who showed up at that club and said those crazy things | 那个在俱乐部出现又说了疯话的女人 |
[24:08] | was in a state. | 只是处于一种状态 |
[24:10] | A manic emotional state. | 一种疯狂的情绪中 |
[24:11] | Bullshit. You loved it. | 扯淡 你享受其中 |
[24:13] | Yes! For a moment it-it was glorious, okay? | 是的 有一瞬间我很开心 行了吧 |
[24:16] | F-For one moment, I said and did things | 有一瞬间 我的那些言行 |
[24:18] | that I’ve never done or said before. | 我之前都没说过也没做过 |
[24:20] | But-but that is all a complete blur to me now. | 但现在我完全记不清了 |
[24:23] | I don’t know how I got there. | 我不知道我怎么做到的 |
[24:25] | I wouldn’t know how to get there again. | 我不知道要怎样重新做到 |
[24:26] | And I’m not gonna try. Do you understand? | 而我也不想尝试 你明白吗 |
[24:30] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[24:31] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[24:34] | Made me come all the way to the Upper West Side. | 让我从大老远跑到上西区 |
[24:36] | Didn’t even have a doctor’s appointment. | 甚至不是为了看医生 |
[24:38] | Wait. | 等等 |
[24:53] | For the bail. | 保释的钱 |
[25:02] | See ya. | 再见 |
[25:17] | Not too many fatty pieces. It’s all he’ll eat. | 不要太多肥肉 他就吃那么多 |
[25:19] | Yes, Mrs. Weissman. | 好的 维斯曼夫人 |
[25:20] | The rest can be leftovers for tomorrow. | 剩的可以留着明天吃 |
[25:23] | Abe! Dinner’s on the table! | 亚伯 晚餐上桌了 |
[25:27] | – Hello? – Rosie? | – 喂 – 罗斯 |
[25:28] | My God, Rosie, is that you? | 天啊 罗斯 是你吗 |
[25:30] | Yes, it’s me, Shirley. | 对 是我 雪莉 |
[25:31] | Rosie, I’m beside myself. | 罗斯 我要疯了 |
[25:33] | I feel like a building just fell on my head. | 我感觉一栋房子刚从我头顶坍塌了 |
[25:35] | A block. A whole block. | 一个街区的 一整个街区的房子 |
[25:37] | I feel like 34th between Sixth and Seventh | 我觉得34层刚刚从6层和7层间 |
[25:39] | just fell right on my head. | 砸落在我头上 |
[25:41] | I thought dinner was on the table. | 我以为晚饭上桌了 |
[25:43] | Calm down. You sound winded. | 冷静 你听起来喘不过气 |
[25:44] | I see carrots, potatoes… | 我看见胡萝卜 土豆 |
[25:46] | Hey, the salad’s on the table. | 色拉在桌上 |
[25:48] | – I’m talking to Shirley. – Shirley? | – 我在和雪莉说话 – 雪莉 |
[25:50] | Great. Tell her to hang on. | 正好 让她别挂 |
[25:51] | I want to put her on speakerphone. | 我想接上扬声器 |
[25:53] | Shirley, will you hold on just one minute? | 雪莉 你能稍等一会儿吗 |
[25:54] | You’re not hanging up on me, are you? | 你不是要挂电话吧 |
[25:56] | No, I’ll be right back. | 不会 我马上回来 |
[25:57] | People think I’m such a strong person, but I’m not. | 人们都认为我是个坚强的人 但我不是 |
[26:00] | Hurry, before she hangs herself with the phone cord. | 快 在她用电话线自缢前 |
[26:02] | Okay. And… go. | 好的 好了 |
[26:05] | Shirley, are you still there? | 雪莉 你还在听吗 |
[26:07] | – Barely. – Okay, good. | – 快不行了 – 好 |
[26:09] | Go ahead. You were saying? | 继续 你刚说 |
[26:10] | I was saying my heart is broken. | 我刚说我的心碎了 |
[26:13] | – Excellent. – What? | – 太好了 – 什么 |
[26:14] | Nothing. Go ahead, Shirley. | 没什么 继续 雪莉 |
[26:15] | I didn’t get to have my Yom Kippur dinner. | 我没有去赎罪日晚餐 |
[26:17] | It was ripped out from under me. | 我的心被掏空了 |
[26:19] | Just like when we went to Boca and we saw this magician | 就像我们去博卡时看到的那个魔术师 |
[26:22] | and he ripped a tablecloth out | 他从一张摆好东西的桌上 |
[26:24] | from under a completely set table. | 扯下了桌布 |
[26:26] | Only in my case, everything falls to the floor | 只是换成我 所有的东西都落在了地板上 |
[26:28] | and smashes into a million pieces. | 摔了个粉碎 |
[26:31] | Tell her to speak up a little. | 让她声音大点 |
[26:32] | Shirley, dear, could you speak up? | 雪莉 亲爱的 你能大点声吗 |
[26:33] | I look forward to that dinner all year! | 一整年里我都在期待那段晚餐 |
[26:36] | But then I heard you all had such a terrible flu. | 但后来我听说你患了严重的流感 |
[26:39] | My heart stopped. I mean, the flu is very serious. | 我都快窒息了 流感是很严重的 |
[26:41] | People die from the flu. But when Moishe told me | 人们因流感而亡 但莫伊舍告诉我 |
[26:43] | you didn’t actually have the flu, I was so relieved. | 你并不是真得了流感 我就放心了 |
[26:46] | “Thank God, I don’t have to worry about that.” | 感谢上帝 我不用担心这个了 |
[26:48] | But then he said the kids split up, | 但后来他说孩子们分手了 |
[26:50] | and suddenly I just wished everybody had the flu. | 突然我就希望所有人都患了流感 |
[26:53] | – Split up? – Now what do I have? | – 分手 – 现在我还有什么 |
[26:55] | No Yom Kippur. | 没有赎罪日 |
[26:56] | No daughter-in-law. | 没有儿媳妇 |
[26:57] | No grandchildren. | 没有孙子孙女 |
[26:59] | You’ll always have the grandchildren. | 他们永远都是你的孙子孙女 |
[27:00] | Well, sure, yes, as a concept, but… | 当然 是的 只是概念上的 但 |
[27:03] | Shirley, when did you hear the kids were breaking up? | 雪莉 你什么时候听说孩子们分手了 |
[27:06] | – Just now. – You’re sure? | – 刚刚 – 你确定吗 |
[27:08] | Yes. Joel came to see Moishe this afternoon and… | 确定 乔尔下午见了莫伊舍 之后 |
[27:11] | Wait, who is this? Who am I talking to? | 等等 是谁 我在和谁说话 |
[27:13] | That was Abe, Shirley. Now, try and calm down. | 是亚伯 雪莉 现在尽量冷静 |
[27:15] | I promise you’ll see the grandchildren again. | 我保证你会再见到孙子孙女的 |
[27:17] | When? When am I gonna see them again? | 什么时候 什么时候能再见到他们 |
[27:20] | Next Yom Kippur? What am I, 20? | 下个赎罪日 我多大年纪了 才20吗 |
[27:22] | I could be dead in an hour! | 也许一小时后我就死了 |
[27:24] | I hear there’s a terrible flu going around. | 我听说最近蔓延着严重的流感 |
[27:26] | No, the flu wasn’t real, Shirley. The flu was an excuse. | 不 流感不是真的 雪莉 流感只是个借口 |
[27:28] | Now people need an excuse not to see family? | 现在人们回避家人都需要找借口了吗 |
[27:32] | What a world. | 世界成什么样了 |
[27:33] | She didn’t go to him. I told Miriam to go to him | 她没去找他 我让米里亚姆去找他的 |
[27:35] | – and she didn’t go to him. – Abe, Abe… | – 但她没去 – 亚伯 亚伯 |
[27:37] | – Who? – Nothing, Shirley, I’m here. | – 谁 – 没事 雪莉 我在 |
[27:39] | I just wish we could all be together | 我只希望我们能团聚 |
[27:41] | just one more time. | 只一次就好 |
[27:43] | One dinner. | 共享一次晚餐 |
[27:44] | I know, Shirley. | 我理解 雪莉 |
[27:46] | One dinner. | 一次晚餐 |
[27:47] | So we can celebrate the new year. | 让我们能庆贺新年 |
[27:48] | So I can see my grandchildren again. | 让我能再见到我的孙子孙女 |
[27:50] | So we can… be a family. | 让我们能 再成为一家人 |
[27:52] | I hear you, Shirley. Now let me let you go. | 我明白你的意思 雪莉 现在我先挂了 |
[27:54] | I promise I will speak to Miriam and then we’ll talk later. | 我保证会和米里亚姆谈谈 我们之后再聊 |
[27:57] | I’m gonna try her now. Bye, Rose. | 我现在就和她说 拜 罗斯 |
[27:58] | No… Shirley. | 不 雪莉 |
[28:00] | Sh-Shirley! | 雪莉 |
[28:19] | Zelda! Open the door! | 塞尔达 快开门 |
[28:22] | Open the door! | 快开门 |
[28:25] | No, I pr… I-I am not. I promise you. – | 不 我保 没有 我保证 |
[28:27] | No, yeah, | 不 对 |
[28:33] | Well, that’s not true, Shirley. | 那不是真的 雪莉 |
[28:35] | I promise you’ll see the children before you die. | 我保证 你死前一定能见到孩子们 |
[28:37] | Damn it. | 去他的 |
[28:38] | Yes, of cour… Yes, they love you. | 对 当然 他们爱你 |
[28:40] | And they miss you. Yes, I’m-I’m very, very sure. | 他们也很想你 对 我非常非常肯定 |
[28:44] | Yes. Yes, I’m sure. | 对 我确定 |
[28:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[28:48] | Of course. | 当然 |
[28:50] | I, I-I understand completely. | 我 我完全理解 |
[28:53] | Thursday dinner will be fine. | 周四的晚餐会如期 |
[28:56] | Yes, I promise. | 对 我保证 |
[28:57] | Everybody will be there. Okay. | 所有人都会来 好的 |
[28:59] | All right. Yes. A ah, okay. Bye-bye, Shirley. | 嗯嗯 好的 拜拜 雪莉 |
[29:02] | What a terrible place the inside of her head must be. | 她脑子都装的是些什么 |
[29:06] | I tried to warn you. | 我本来想提醒你 |
[29:07] | You have so many nines in your number. | 但你的号码里有太多9 |
[29:09] | – Thursday night? – Thursday night. | – 星期四晚上吗 – 是的 |
[29:11] | Well, I can get you out of it. | 我可以帮你推掉 |
[29:13] | Really? How? | 真的吗 怎么推 |
[29:14] | I don’t know. And Joel? | 我不知道 乔尔呢 |
[29:16] | – He is expected. – Should I call him for you? | – 他也要来 – 要我打电话通知他吗 |
[29:18] | You really think Shirley hasn’t gotten to him already? | 你以为雪莉还没告诉他吗 |
[29:20] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[29:23] | It’ll be fine. | 没关系 |
[29:24] | I’ll have to see him eventually. | 我终归是要见他的 |
[29:26] | I mean, we have the children. | 毕竟 我们还有孩子 |
[29:27] | We’ll just… have to be adults. | 我们得成熟地处理这件事 |
[29:29] | And what are you gonna wear? | 你穿什么 |
[29:31] | – Why? – Wear your red dress. | – 问这个干嘛 – 穿你的那条红裙子 |
[29:33] | That’s an evening dress. | 那是晚宴服 |
[29:34] | It’s dinner. That’s evening. | 这就是晚宴啊 |
[29:35] | – Mama… – If you have to see Joel, | – 妈 – 如果你要见乔尔 |
[29:37] | then he has to see you, and if he has to see you, | 那他也要见你 如果他要见你 |
[29:39] | he should see what he’s missing. | 你就要美得让他后悔莫及 |
[29:40] | That is not what this dinner’s for. | 那不是这个晚餐的本意 |
[29:41] | You’re a single woman now. | 你现在是单身女人 |
[29:43] | That’s what every dinner’s for. | 参加晚宴就是为了吸引人的眼球 |
[30:52] | – Morning, Mr. Maisel. – Morning, Louella. | – 早 麦瑟尔先生 – 早 鲁埃拉 |
[30:53] | Jack, I will have that proposal on your desk by lunch, | 杰克 中午之前我会把提案交到你的桌子上 |
[30:56] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[31:04] | Good morning, Mr. Maisel. | 早 麦瑟尔先生 |
[31:06] | Did Miss Pann call in sick? | 潘恩小姐请病假了吗 |
[31:08] | Miss Pann? No. | 潘恩小姐吗 没有 |
[31:10] | I’m your new girl, Mrs. Moskowitz. | 我是你的新助理 莫斯科维兹夫人 |
[31:12] | – My… – Funny little story: | – 我的 – 讲个小故事 |
[31:14] | I met you when you were an itty-bitty boy. | 第一次见面的时候 你还是个小屁孩 |
[31:17] | That’s how long I’ve been working here. | 一晃眼 我都在这儿工作这么长时间了 |
[31:19] | Your father used to bring you here to visit your uncle | 你爸爸以前会带你来看你的叔叔 |
[31:22] | and you’d run around in those little green pants. | 你穿着绿色的小裤衩到处跑 |
[31:25] | Yeah, I’m sorry, who assigned you to this desk? | 没错 抱歉 谁让你来这里的 |
[31:27] | John Meeks in Personnel. | 人事部的约翰 米克斯 |
[31:29] | Aw, you were so good on the yo-yo. | 啊 你以前可会玩溜溜球了 |
[31:32] | Are you still good on the yo-yo? | 你现在还玩吗 |
[31:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:35] | Carol Moskowitz | 卡罗尔 莫斯科维兹 |
[31:36] | is one of the best secretaries we have here. | 是公司里最好的助理之一 |
[31:38] | Good typist, always has a smile for you, | 打字快 总是笑眯眯的 |
[31:40] | plus, she makes a terrific cup of coffee. | 而且还泡得一手好咖啡 |
[31:42] | We just thought this would be a good fit, | 鉴于你从小她就认识你 |
[31:43] | seeing as how she knew you when you were a boy. | 我们觉得 她是做你助理的绝佳人选 |
[31:45] | So, that’s it? Penny’s gone? Fired? | 所以 你们就让潘妮走了 把她炒了 |
[31:47] | She is not fired, we simply | 她没被炒 我们只是 |
[31:49] | moved her to the billing department. | 把她调到了财务部 |
[31:50] | You simply moved… You know… | 你们只是调动了 你知道的 |
[31:52] | I’m a vice president here, John. | 我是这里的副会长 约翰 |
[31:54] | I should’ve been consulted. | 你们应该征询我的意见 |
[31:55] | Have a say over who my secretary is. | 谁做我的助理 |
[31:58] | Or when she’s been moved to the billing department! | 或者我的助理什么时候被调去财务部 总得问问我吧 |
[31:59] | Sorry, Joel. Out of my hands. | 抱歉 乔尔 不是我决定的 |
[32:01] | This came from the top. | 这是上面的意思 |
[32:26] | – That’s some entrance. – Stay out of my life. | – 来势汹汹啊 – 别插手我的事 |
[32:29] | Aha! I was right. | 啊哈 我猜对了 |
[32:30] | – I mean it. – I wasn’t sure at first. | – 我没开玩笑 – 开始我还不确定 |
[32:31] | I heard that name, Penny Pann, and I thought, | 听到那个名字 潘妮 潘恩 我就想 |
[32:33] | “Well, that’s a stupid name,” | 这名字也太蠢了吧 |
[32:34] | but I took a shot and I was right. | 我猜就是她了 果然被我猜中了 |
[32:36] | – That is my job. – I love being right. | – 这是我的工作 – 猜对的感觉真好 |
[32:38] | My job, my office! | 这是我的工作 我的办公室 |
[32:39] | I know, I got you that job and that office. | 我知道 你的工作和办公室都是我给的 |
[32:41] | – That’s beside the… – You were supposed to work | – 现在不是在说这 – 你本来该在这里 |
[32:42] | here, with me, but you didn’t want to. | 和我一起工作 但是你不愿意 |
[32:44] | Work was too hard here. | 这里的工作太累了 |
[32:46] | – Might get your suit dirty. – That’s not why and you know it. | – 会把你的衣服弄脏 – 你知道不是因为这个 |
[32:48] | Was I hurt? Sure. But fuck me, you’re my son. | 我伤心吗 肯定的 但你他妈的终究是我儿子 |
[32:50] | So, I call my brother, I say give him a job, a good job, | 所以 我打电话给你叔叔请他给你份工作 一份体面的工作 |
[32:53] | not a bullshit job in a storeroom or as a clerk. | 不要库房里的活 也不要做小职员 |
[32:56] | No getting bagels, no running errands like a schlemiel. | 还不能是端茶送水 跑腿打杂的小厮 |
[32:58] | No, give him an office, and a secretary named Penny Pann. | 都不行 给他一间办公室 还有一个叫潘妮 潘恩的秘书 |
[33:01] | I did that for you. | 全都是我给你的 |
[33:03] | And I did this for you also. | 所以现在我也可以把她调走 |
[33:05] | Stay out of my life! | 滚出我的生活 |
[33:12] | ♪ Papa love mambo ♪ | ♪ 爸爸喜欢曼波舞 |
[33:15] | ♪ Mama loves mambo ♪ | ♪ 妈妈喜欢曼波舞 |
[33:19] | All of this goes in that mouth | 小家伙 要把这些都吃完 |
[33:20] | before you leave this seat, young man. | 才能离开桌子 |
[33:22] | – Zelda? – I’ll have eyes on him, Miss Miriam. | – 泽尔达 – 我会看着他的 米丽亚姆小姐 |
[33:25] | Thank you, Zelda. | 谢谢 泽尔达 |
[33:26] | Everything smells delicious. | 真香啊 |
[33:28] | ♪ Mama loves mambo ♪ – ♪ Mama loves mambo ♪ | ♪ 妈妈喜欢曼波舞 妈妈喜欢曼波舞 |
[33:33] | ♪ Evens his weight with it now ♪ | ♪ 他平衡着身体的重量 |
[33:36] | ♪ He goes to, she goes fro ♪ | ♪ 他后退一步 她前进一步 |
[33:41] | ♪ He goes fast ♪ | ♪ 他舞步轻快 ♪ |
[33:45] | – Joel? – Sorry. | – 乔尔 – 对不起 |
[33:46] | I, I didn’t knock. | 我 我没敲门 |
[33:48] | I just… started to come in, but then I… | 我直接就进来了 然后我 |
[33:51] | I didn’t know if I should, so I… | 我不知道该不该 所以我 |
[33:54] | – closed it. – So what’s the verdict? | – 又把门关上了 – 所以呢 |
[33:56] | In or out? | 进还是不进 |
[33:57] | In. | 进 |
[33:59] | ♪ Papa loves mambo ♪ | ♪ 爸爸喜欢曼波 |
[34:02] | Living room’s that way, unless you forgot. | 提醒你一下 起居室在那边 |
[34:04] | – Going to get a jacket. – Wasn’t sure if you forgot. | – 我去换件外套 – 我怕你忘了 |
[34:06] | – Been gone one day, Midge. – That long, ha? | – 我就离开了一天 米琪 – 还不够久 是吧 |
[34:08] | – This is going really well. – Yeah. | – 简直好极了 – 是啊 |
[34:11] | So I’m at work late, it’s stone quiet, | 那天我工作到很晚 四周一片寂静 |
[34:14] | and I hear a rustling noise from a button crate. | 我听到装纽扣的箱子里有窸窸窣窣的声音 |
[34:17] | Have I told you this story, Abe? | 我给你讲过这个吗 亚伯 |
[34:19] | Actually Moishe, you haven’t, that I know of. | 事实上 莫伊舍 我不记得你讲过 |
[34:22] | Good! So I grab a pair of scissors, | 很好 然后我就抓起一把剪刀 |
[34:24] | I’m on my hands and knees crawling over to the crate, | 我手脚并用爬到箱子那里 |
[34:26] | I’m gonna surprise attack. | 我打算来个突袭 |
[34:28] | I jump up, and I rip the top off, | 我跳起来 一把把盖子掀掉 |
[34:30] | bare hands, right off! | 徒手哦 一下就掀掉了 |
[34:32] | Two chickens jump out. | 两只鸡从里面跳了出来 |
[34:33] | Live chickens! | 活蹦乱跳的鸡 |
[34:35] | They jumped in somewhere in Jersey, | 他们是在泽西岛的某地跳进来的 |
[34:36] | and took a ride across the Hudson! | 然后坐船渡过哈德孙河 |
[34:42] | Let me tell you, I admired those boys. | 我挺佩服那俩家伙的 |
[34:45] | And they were delicious. | 而且它们真是美味 |
[34:48] | What, what are those? | 这 这是什么 |
[34:49] | Gougères. French cheese puffs. | Gougères 法式奶酪泡芙 |
[34:52] | French food is salty. Is that on purpose? | 法国菜很咸 是故意的吗 |
[34:54] | – Probably. – Did you know | – 也许吧 – 你知道吗 |
[34:56] | a lot of French women aren’t married? | 许多法国女人嫁不出去 |
[34:57] | Because they’re always going topless on their beaches. | 因为她们总是在沙滩上裸着上身 |
[35:00] | Men see if for free, they’re not gonna propose. | 男人可以免费看光她们 就不会向她们求婚了 |
[35:02] | You know what I just realized? | 你知道我刚想到什么了吗 |
[35:03] | We never do these things at your house, Abe. | 我们从没在你们家用过晚餐 亚伯 |
[35:05] | Our place is bigger, | 我们家更宽敞 |
[35:07] | Moishe, more entertaining space. | 莫伊舍 接待客人更方便 |
[35:08] | Sorry I’m late, everybody. | 抱歉 诸位 我来晚了 |
[35:10] | Joel. Thank God. | 乔尔 谢天谢地 你终于来了 |
[35:12] | Hello, Mom. | 你好 妈 |
[35:15] | Hello, Rose. Abe. | 你好 罗斯 亚伯 |
[35:19] | Hello, Joel. | 你好 乔尔 |
[35:22] | Somebody’s sending a message, Shirley. | 有人在使眼色 雪莉 |
[35:27] | What message? What are you talking about? | 什么眼色 你说什么呢 |
[35:28] | Ethan wanted to say good night. | 伊森想跟大家说晚安 |
[35:30] | – Daddy. – Hey, pal. | – 爸爸 – 嘿 小家伙 |
[35:32] | Get over here. | 过来 |
[35:34] | You got your new pajamas on? | 穿了新睡衣 |
[35:36] | Looks good, it looks good. Go say hi to Grandma, okay? | 不错 真好看 去给奶奶打招呼 好吗 |
[35:39] | – Yeah. Grandma. – Come here, Ethan. | – 耶 奶奶 – 过来 伊森 |
[35:40] | You are such a precious boy. | 真是个乖宝宝 |
[35:43] | All right, come on, come to Grandpa. | 好了 过来 到爷爷这来 |
[35:45] | No, I don’t want him to go. | 不 我不想让他走 |
[35:46] | This might have to last me for a long, long while. | 下次抱他可能要等到猴年马月了 |
[35:49] | You miss the Dodgers? | 你想道奇队(美国加州洛杉矶的一支职棒大联盟球队)了吗 |
[35:51] | You know, they left because of you, right? | 你知道吗 因为你他们离开了 |
[35:53] | – Moishe. – They left because | – 莫伊舍 – 他们离开是因为 |
[35:54] | you never went to a game, and they said, | 你从不去看比赛 他们说 |
[35:56] | when the hell is Ethan coming to a game? | 伊森到底什么时候才来看比赛 |
[35:58] | Shirley? Do you need something? | 雪莉 你需要什么东西吗 |
[36:01] | Thank goodness… | 我的天 |
[36:02] | There he goes. | 又跑了 |
[36:04] | You know, my strongest memory of Joel is him running away from us | 你知道 我对乔尔印象最深的就是他穿着绿色的小裤衩 |
[36:08] | in his little green pants. | 从我们身边跑开 |
[36:17] | How are you doing, Miriam? | 你还好吗 米里亚姆 |
[36:19] | I’m doing fine. | 我很好 |
[36:20] | If you ever need anything, Shirley and I are here for you. | 如果你有什么需要 尽管跟我和雪莉说 |
[36:23] | I appreciate that. | 谢谢 |
[36:24] | You know, when my sister’s husband died young, | 你知道吗 我妹夫死得早 |
[36:26] | she started volunteering at the old ladies nursing home, | 我妹妹就去养老院当志愿者 |
[36:29] | reading stories, teaching cha-cha classes, | 为老太太读故事 教她们跳恰恰舞 |
[36:31] | things like that. | 诸如此类 |
[36:32] | Helped her get through the long, lonely days, | 借以消磨漫长孤寂的白天 |
[36:35] | and at night, jigsaw puzzles, portraits, | 晚上 她就玩拼图 画画 |
[36:38] | basket of puppies was a big one. | 她最喜欢画的是篮子里的小狗 |
[36:40] | Could you excuse me just a minute? | 请允许我离开一下 |
[36:43] | ♪ You know that we were meant ♪ | ♪ 你知道 我们注定 |
[36:45] | ♪ To be more than just friends… ♪ | ♪ 不止是朋友 |
[36:52] | Can I see you in the bedroom a minute? | 你能跟我来卧室一趟吗 |
[37:00] | I just don’t understand | 我就不懂 |
[37:01] | why you didn’t ask me to bring something. | 为什么你不叫我带点东西过来呢 |
[37:03] | Because you’re a guest, Shirley. | 因为你是客人 雪莉 |
[37:04] | I don’t even know what this is. | 我都不知道这是什么 |
[37:06] | I’ll make soup. Soup we understand. | 我来做汤 汤我会做 |
[37:08] | Shirley, you’re a guest. You’re our guest. | 雪莉 你是客人 你是我们的客人 |
[37:12] | You’re a guest. | 你是客人 |
[37:14] | – What is that? – Chicken soup. | – 这是什么 – 鸡汤 |
[37:16] | Where did that come from? | 从哪儿来的 |
[37:17] | I put it in the freezer last time I was here. | 我上次来的时候放冰箱里的 |
[37:19] | Do you have any matzo meal? | 你们有逾越节薄饼吗 |
[37:21] | Never mind, I have some in my purse. | 算了 我包里有 |
[37:22] | I think I brought some… | 我记得我带了些 |
[37:34] | Stop there. | 就站那儿吧 |
[37:38] | I am not a violent man, Joel. | 我不是个暴力的人 乔尔 |
[37:40] | But if I were, I would take you upstairs to my apartment | 不然的话 我就会把你带上楼 |
[37:43] | and throw you out the window. | 把你从我的窗户扔出去 |
[37:44] | Do you know why I’m not throwing you out this window? | 知道为什么我不把你从这个窗户扔出去吗 |
[37:46] | – No. – Because my window | – 不知道 – 因为我的窗户所在的楼层更高 |
[37:47] | is on a higher floor and I want to make sure it sticks. | 我想确保能摔死你 |
[37:50] | – Abe… – No. | – 亚伯 – 别 |
[37:51] | You do not call me Abe. | 别叫我亚伯 |
[37:53] | – What do I call you? – Nothing. | – 那叫你什么 – 什么也别叫 |
[37:55] | You call me nothing. | 什么也别叫 |
[37:57] | You don’t talk to me or look at me. | 不要跟我说话 也别看我 |
[37:59] | If you see me on the street, you will cross the street, | 如果你在街上看到我 就马上穿到街对面去 |
[38:02] | whether or not there is a crosswalk present. | 不管有没有人行道 |
[38:04] | Your pedestrian safety is of no importance to me anymore. | 你走路安不安全再也不关我的事 |
[38:07] | – I… – You what? You’re sorry? | – 我 – 你怎么 你很抱歉 |
[38:09] | You didn’t mean to do what you did? It just happened? | 你不是故意的 事情就那样发生了 |
[38:12] | You have children, Joel. | 你们还有孩子 乔尔 |
[38:14] | – You made promises. – I know. | – 你发过誓的 – 我知道 |
[38:21] | You stupid, stupid boy. | 你这个傻小子 |
[38:27] | Where are you going to find a girl like Miriam again? | 你上哪儿再找像米里亚姆这么好的姑娘啊 |
[38:38] | Dinner’s ready, Papa. | 晚饭好了 爸爸 |
[38:41] | Can I help you with that? | 需要我帮忙吗 |
[38:42] | I’ve got it. | 我可以的 |
[38:45] | You look really beautiful tonight. | 你今晚很漂亮 |
[38:47] | Well, I’ve got an armful of meat. | 我还端着一盘肉呢 |
[38:49] | Yeah, that can’t hurt. | 是啊 无伤大雅 |
[38:53] | We should probably figure out some logistics. | 我们可能要好好商量下后续的事情 |
[38:55] | Logistics? | 后续 |
[38:57] | You have things here. Clothes. | 这儿还有你的东西 衣服什么的 |
[38:59] | I can pack them all up for you, if you’d like. | 如果你需要 我可以都给你打包 |
[39:01] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[39:03] | Can I come by and see the kids sometimes? | 我可以时常来看看孩子吗 |
[39:05] | I’ll take ’em out so I’m not here. | 我会把他们带出去玩的 |
[39:07] | Of course. You’re their dad. | 当然 你是他们的爸爸 |
[39:10] | They love you. We’ll figure something out. | 他们爱你 我们会处理好的 |
[39:13] | – We’re sitting down, Shirley. – I know. | – 我们该入座了 雪莉 – 我知道 |
[39:14] | I just wanted to do one more thing… | 我只是想再做一件事 |
[39:16] | You’ve done so much already. | 你做的已经够多了 |
[39:17] | Dinner, everyone. Move. | 开饭了 各位 来吧 |
[39:20] | ♪ I won’t know sweet music ♪ | ♪ 我一直不懂得音乐的甜美 ♪ |
[39:24] | ♪ Until you return ♪ | ♪ 直到你回来 ♪ |
[39:27] | ♪ Someday ♪ | ♪ 某天 ♪ |
[39:32] | Abe, I know this is your gathering, | 亚伯 我知道你才是这次聚会的主人 |
[39:34] | but I’d like to take a moment to talk about family. | 但我想占用几分钟说说家事儿 |
[39:36] | – Terrific. – I know we’re going through | – 很好 – 我知道我们正在经历 |
[39:38] | a rough, rough time, and I just want to | 一段艰难的时光 我只是想 |
[39:40] | thank everyone for coming together tonight. | 谢谢各位今晚的到来 |
[39:42] | – Do you smell something burning? – Because by coming together | – 你闻到烧焦的味道了吗 – 因为在这样困难的时期 |
[39:44] | under these trying circumstances | 我们聚在一起 |
[39:46] | we’re showing future generations, | 向下一代展示 |
[39:47] | your Ethans, your Esthers, that in times of hardships, | 包括你的伊森和埃丝特 在这种艰难的时刻 |
[39:50] | self-sacrifice is often necessary. | 自我牺牲是必不可少的 |
[39:52] | Like the sacrifice I made pulling 13 Jews out of Germany | 就像1943年 我从德国解救十三个犹太人时 |
[39:57] | – in 1943. – Here we go. | – 所做的牺牲一样 – 又开始了 |
[39:59] | I got that call, I didn’t know who these people were, | 我接到一通电话 我并不知道他们是谁 |
[40:01] | I didn’t know how to do it, I just knew there were | 我也不知道怎么办 我只知道有十三个犹太人 |
[40:03] | 13 Jews that wanted out of Germany, | 想要逃离德国 |
[40:06] | and I was the man to get them out. | 而我就是帮助他们出逃的那个人 |
[40:08] | At great cost. What I paid per head. | 我付出了很大代价 为每个人都花了一笔钱 |
[40:11] | – Okay, time to eat. – Anyhow, | – 好了 可以开始吃饭了 – 尽管如此 |
[40:13] | the other day, sitting in temple, | 前几天 我坐在圣殿时 |
[40:14] | looking at all the empty seats next to us… | 看着我们旁边的那些空椅子 |
[40:16] | seats we paid for as a family… | 那是我们还是一家人时买的位置 |
[40:18] | I was filled with great sadness. | 我陷入了深深的悲伤 |
[40:21] | Something wrong, Abe? | 有什么问题吗 亚伯 |
[40:22] | Seats I paid for, actually. | 实际上 钱是我付的 |
[40:24] | You were going to pay me back… | 你本来是要还我的 |
[40:26] | So it’s about money. | 所以就是因为钱吗 |
[40:27] | I didn’t realize you were hurting. | 我没想到你会为此难受 |
[40:28] | I’m not hurting. | 我没有难受 |
[40:29] | I’m just saying we had an agreement. | 我只是说我们之前说好了的 |
[40:31] | Well, you seem to have a nice life, | 好吧 你看起来生活很幸福 |
[40:32] | you’ve got your lovely home, | 你有一个温馨的家 |
[40:34] | you’ve got your servant here. | 有一个仆人 |
[40:35] | Zelda is not a servant, she’s an employee. | 塞尔达不是仆人 她只是个员工 |
[40:37] | – She’s family. – Family, too. | – 她是家人 – 对 她也是家人 |
[40:38] | And well-paid, with vacation time. | 而且收入不错 也有假期 |
[40:40] | She went to Holland last year. | 去年她还去了荷兰 |
[40:42] | – Iceland. – Iceland. Better than Holland. | – 冰岛 – 冰岛 比荷兰还好 |
[40:43] | In ancient times, we were the slaves. | 在过去 我们也是奴隶 |
[40:45] | – We don’t own slaves. – I don’t own her! | – 我们不拥有奴隶 – 我没有拥有她 |
[40:48] | Can we all just calm down, eat some soup? | 我们能不能冷静一下 喝点汤 |
[40:50] | This is ridiculous! Are we really just going to | 荒谬 我们难道都要坐在这儿 |
[40:52] | sit here and pretend everyone’s having a nice evening? | 假装享受这个夜晚吗 |
[40:54] | We’re not having a nice evening. | 我们并没有很享受这个晚上 |
[40:55] | Fine, then I’ll say it. The separation… | 好 那我就直说了 这个分手 |
[40:57] | this ridiculous breakup… it’s not going to happen. | 荒谬的分手 是不可能的 |
[41:00] | This is not the place to have this conversation. | 这不是谈这个话题的场合 |
[41:02] | No one’s talking to you. | 没人在跟你说话 |
[41:04] | What are you gonna do about it, Abe? | 亚伯 你准备怎么办 |
[41:06] | Going to let Miriam here just suddenly drift along | 难道要让米利亚姆失去丈夫的保护 |
[41:08] | without a husband to protect her? | 孤苦无依吗 |
[41:10] | She’s gonna do what with her life? | 她要怎么度过自己的人生 |
[41:11] | Sit around all day long eating bon-bons, | 整天坐在那里吃着糖果 |
[41:13] | watching Queen For A Day. | 看着 女王的一天 |
[41:15] | – Is that what you want for her? – Of course not! | – 那就如了你的意吗 – 当然不是 |
[41:17] | – That’s what’s gonna happen. – It’s not! | – 但是那马上就会成为现实了 – 不会 |
[41:18] | – Is too! – I’m going back to school! | – 会 – 我准备回学校 |
[41:20] | – What? – School?! | – 什么 – 学校 |
[41:21] | Everybody, please, just calm down, calm down. | 拜托大家 冷静下来 冷静 |
[41:23] | All this anger and emotion is pointless. | 愤怒和意气用事都是毫无意义的 |
[41:26] | The leaves said that the separation will not happen. | 茶叶表明了他俩不会分手的 |
[41:29] | It’s all going to end in peace and happiness. | 所有一切都会和平幸福地结束 |
[41:40] | Can I see you two in the bedroom a minute? | 麻烦你们两个跟我来一下卧室 |
[41:48] | You swore to me you wouldn’t see that crackpot anymore. | 你向我发过誓不再见那个疯子 |
[41:51] | Drina’s a friend, and she’s very gifted. | 迪娜是我的朋友 她很有天赋 |
[41:53] | She reads sediment. And you, | 她解读茶叶渣 还有你 |
[41:55] | I told you to go get him back. | 我告诉过你让他回心转意 |
[41:57] | What? | 什么 |
[41:58] | I told you to fix your face, | 我跟你说了让你化好妆 |
[42:00] | put on a nice dress and get him back. | 穿个漂亮裙子 让他回心转意 |
[42:01] | – What happened? – I… | – 到底发生了什么 – 我 |
[42:03] | You forgot how to fix your face? | 你忘了怎么化妆吗 |
[42:04] | – You couldn’t find a dress? – No. | – 还是找不到裙子 – 不是 |
[42:05] | – Then what? – I don’t want him here | – 那是什么 – 如果他不想回来的话 |
[42:08] | if he doesn’t want to be here. | 我也不想他回来 |
[42:09] | Of course you do. | 你当然想 |
[42:10] | You want him here no matter what | 你想让他回来 |
[42:11] | he thinks or feels or wants. | 无论他有什么想法或是感受 |
[42:13] | – No. – Miriam, | – 不 – 米里亚姆 |
[42:15] | because of you, we are stuck in this house with that man | 因为你 我们不得不和那个男人待在一起 |
[42:18] | and his bloviating and speeches. | 听他的长篇大论 |
[42:21] | And I have to say, if he talks about getting | 我不得不说 如果他再提一次 |
[42:23] | those 13 Jews out of Germany one more time… | 关于帮助那十三个犹太人逃出德国的事 |
[42:26] | – Abe… – He brought them here | – 亚伯 – 他把他们带过来 |
[42:28] | and stuck them in his factory. | 然后关在自己的工厂里 |
[42:30] | They’re all working there. | 让他们在那儿工作 |
[42:31] | Is he paying these poor people? | 他有给那些可怜的人工钱吗 |
[42:33] | Are there toilets for them? I’ve seen their faces. | 有供他们使用的卫生间吗 我见过他们 |
[42:36] | I can’t be sure of this, but one of them has a look like, | 我不是很确定 但是他们中一定有人会想 |
[42:38] | “I should have taken my chances back in Germany.” | 我应该回德国碰碰运气 |
[42:40] | Papa. | 爸爸 |
[42:41] | He’s a pompous ass! I said it. | 他真是个自大的混蛋 我就这么说了 |
[42:43] | Did you hear that? Is that the fridge? | 你们听到了吗 是冰箱的声音吗 |
[42:45] | God, she’s going after the dessert. | 天呐 她在找甜点了 |
[42:47] | Shirley! | 雪莉 |
[42:56] | Are you really going back to school? | 你真的准备回学校吗 |
[42:59] | No. | 不 |
[43:01] | What are you gonna do? | 你准备怎么办 |
[43:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[43:16] | What’s this for? | 这是什么意思 |
[43:18] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[43:42] | Where we gonna go? | 我们去哪儿 |
[43:43] | I don’t care, the street… what do I care? | 我不在乎 大街上 我还在乎什么 |
[43:45] | – God. – Aw, you’re bluffing. | – 天呐 – 哦 你在吓唬我 |
[43:46] | I’m not bluffing. | 我没有吓唬你 |
[43:47] | This is not a bluff you want to call. | 这不是你想的那样 |
[43:49] | I’m doing nothing. | 我什么也没做 |
[43:50] | This is all you, my boy. | 这全怪你 孩子 |
[43:51] | Are you crazy? It was a wedding gift. | 你疯了吗 这是结婚礼物 |
[43:53] | What was a wedding gift? | 什么是结婚礼物 |
[43:54] | A wedding gift to a married couple. | 这是给结婚夫妻的礼物 |
[43:55] | A gift for you and Miriam. | 给你和米里亚姆的 |
[43:56] | You say there’s no longer a couple? | 你说你们两个不是夫妻了 |
[43:58] | Fine, I’ll take it back. | 好啊 我收回这个礼物 |
[43:59] | The apartment is in my name. | 这个公寓在我名下 |
[44:00] | I can do what I want with it. | 我想怎样就怎样 |
[44:02] | – He owns your apartment? – Why would you do this? | – 你们的公寓在他名下 – 你为什么要这样做 |
[44:04] | You say you want me out of your life. | 你说你想要我滚出你的生活 |
[44:05] | Okay, I’m out of your life. | 好啊 我这就滚出你的生活 |
[44:07] | But I’m taking the apartment with me. | 但是我要带着公寓一起走 |
[44:08] | You’re a real son of a bitch. | 你真是个混蛋 |
[44:09] | Joel. It-it’s not true. | 乔尔 这不是真的 |
[44:10] | Tell me it’s not true. | 告诉我这不是真的 |
[44:11] | You going back to school, Miriam? | 你不是准备重回学校吗 米里亚姆 |
[44:13] | Take a business class. | 读个商科吧 |
[44:14] | ‘Cause the boy here doesn’t know | 因为这个男人 |
[44:15] | – his ass from his elbows. – Hey, hey, we have neighbors. | – 屁都不懂 – 我说 我们还有邻居呢 |
[44:17] | He’s fuckin’ lousy with numbers. | 他对数字一窍不通 |
[44:19] | You guys are broke. You’re living hand to mouth. | 你们破产了 你们只能勉强糊口 |
[44:21] | Joel buys you flowers, they’re from me. | 乔尔给你买花 那都是我的钱 |
[44:23] | – Joel… – You own nothing. | – 乔尔 – 你什么也没有 |
[44:24] | Your apartment is mine, his job is his uncle’s, so mine. | 你的公寓属于我 他的工作是他叔叔给的 也就是我的 |
[44:28] | He’s provided nothing, he’s saved nothing. | 他没出一分钱 也没存一分钱 |
[44:30] | Joel, please talk. | 乔尔 说话啊 |
[44:32] | You didn’t tell her. Your wife, she didn’t know. | 你没告诉她 你的妻子不知道这件事 |
[44:35] | – Toddlers, both of you. – Okay, get out of my house. | – 两个不懂事的孩子 – 行 滚出我的房子 |
[44:38] | – You mean my house. – I don’t care whose house it is! | – 你说的是我的房子 – 我不管是谁的 |
[44:40] | – Get out if it! – Let’s be clear about it… | – 滚出去 – 我们要说清楚 |
[44:45] | Mosh, get out of here! I said get out, both of you! | 莫西 滚出去 我说你们两个滚出去 |
[44:48] | Just stop… Just take him out of here… | 住手 把他给我轰出去 |
[44:50] | – The happy family. – Shirley… | – 快乐的家庭 – 雪莉 |
[44:53] | Wichita. | 威奇托市 |
[44:56] | Wichita. | 威奇托市 |
[44:59] | Wichita! | 威奇托市 |
[45:01] | – Excuse me, Miss. – Ha! | – 不好意思 小姐 – 哈 |
[45:06] | Clothed in mendacity, Wichita. | 披着虚伪的外衣 威奇托市 |
[45:11] | Dripping… What the… Come on. | 滴 怎么 拜托 |
[45:12] | Ya zhivu v bolshom dome na kholm Ya zhivu v bolshom dome na kholm. | |
[45:16] | That’s Russian, motherfucker! | 这是俄语 混蛋 |
[45:20] | And here we go. | 又开始了 |
[45:22] | I was a Russian literature major, | 我学的是俄国文学 |
[45:23] | and that line was from a book, | 刚才那句来自一本书 |
[45:25] | or a poem… I can’t remember. | 或者是一首诗 我记不住了 |
[45:26] | All I can remember is. | 我只记得 |
[45:28] | Ya zhivu v bolshom dome na kholm Ya zhivu v bolshom dome na kholm, | |
[45:31] | which means, “I live in the large house on the hill.” | 意思是 我住在山上的大房子里 |
[45:36] | That’s funny. | 真好笑 |
[45:38] | That’s really funny. | 太好笑了 |
[45:39] | And the reason it’s so funny is because | 好笑的原因是 |
[45:42] | I used to live in the large house on the hill. | 我曾经也住在山上的大房子里面 |
[45:45] | And now I live nowhere. | 而现在 我无家可归了 |
[45:48] | As of an hour ago, my address changed to “ahah”. | 一个小时以前 我的地址变成了”啊哈” |
[45:50] | See, | 看吧 |
[45:52] | my life completely fell apart today, | 我的生活在今天彻底分崩离析了 |
[45:55] | and here’s why. | 原因是这样的 |
[45:57] | My father-in-law owns my house. | 我的公寓在我公公的名下 |
[46:01] | And he took it back when his son left me. | 他在他儿子抛弃我后把公寓收了回去 |
[46:08] | Actually, that doesn’t sound funny at all. | 事实上 这件事听起来并不好笑 |
[46:10] | That sounds… awful. | 听起来 糟透了 |
[46:13] | Biblical, right? | 非常糟糕 对吗 |
[46:15] | Like, like it’s Adam and Eve time, | 就像 就像人类始祖亚当和夏娃 |
[46:19] | and I marry Adam’s son, Cain. | 我嫁给了亚当的儿子 该隐 |
[46:22] | We get a nice little place, I think we’re very happy, | 我们有了自己的房子 我认为我们很幸福 |
[46:25] | and then one day Cain leaves me for, | 然而有一天 该隐离开了我因为 |
[46:28] | I don’t know, his brother Abel, | 我不知道 他的弟弟亚伯 |
[46:30] | because there’s only four fuckin’ people | 因为那时候就他妈只有四个人 |
[46:31] | on the planet at this point. | 在这个地球上 |
[46:33] | And then Adam… Adam takes my house | 然后亚当 亚当收回了我们的房子 |
[46:36] | and tells me to do jigsaw puzzles. | 然后让我去玩拼图游戏 |
[46:41] | God, how did I not know it wasn’t our house? | 天呐 我怎么不知道那房子不是我们的 |
[46:44] | How stupid am I? I mean, I never thought to ask, | 我怎么这么蠢 我的意思是 我从没想过问一下 |
[46:47] | “Hey, in case you leave me for your secretary, | 我说 以防你和你的秘书私奔 |
[46:49] | what’s the situation with our deed?” | 我们的房产契约是怎么写的 |
[46:52] | It’s the bras, right? | 是因为胸罩 对吧 |
[46:54] | It’s the bras. | 一定是因为胸罩 |
[46:56] | And the… the girdles and the corsets, | 还有 还有紧身衣和束腹带 |
[46:59] | all designed to cut off the circulation to your brain, | 都设计的紧得像是要切断你的大脑血液循环 |
[47:01] | so you walk around on the verge of passing out, | 让你走在路上随时都有可能晕过去 |
[47:04] | and you look at your husband, and he tells you things, | 然后你看着你的丈夫 他告诉你的事 |
[47:06] | and you just believe them. | 你就都相信了 |
[47:07] | Like, like when you’re a little girl, | 就像 就像你还是小女孩的时候 |
[47:10] | and people say, “The princess lived in a magic castle | 人们都说 公主在魔法城堡里 |
[47:13] | for a hundred years.” | 住了一百年 |
[47:14] | “And then a prince climbed up the side, | 然后王子爬上来 |
[47:17] | slayed a dragon, kissed her, woke her up, | 杀死了一条龙 亲了公主 把她唤醒了 |
[47:19] | and they lived happily ever after.” | 然后他们过上了幸福的生活 |
[47:22] | And you think… that’s plausible. | 而你认为 还蛮可信的 |
[47:27] | Couple of details are fuzzy, | 其中有些细节很模糊 |
[47:28] | but sure, I’ll buy that. | 但是 我买账 |
[47:30] | Later, you find out the prince’s father owns the castle, | 之后 你发现 王子的父亲是这座城堡的主人 |
[47:33] | the prince’s secretary knows shorthand, | 王子的秘书会速记 |
[47:35] | and Sleeping Beauty’s screwed. | 然后睡美人就被甩了 |
[47:38] | You’ve heard about the shorthand girls? | 你们听说过会速记的女孩吗 |
[47:41] | These are girls whose skill in life | 她们所掌握的生活技能 |
[47:44] | is not writing full sentences. | 就是不写完整的句子 |
[47:47] | Meanwhile, I went to college to learn Russian. | 而我 我在大学学习俄语 |
[47:50] | And speaking of vodka, why don’t they serve booze here? | 说到伏特加 这里为什么不提供酒呢 |
[47:53] | I need a drink. | 我要喝酒 |
[47:55] | I need a stiff drink. | 我要喝烈酒 |
[47:56] | I need a drink so stiff I could blow it. | 我需要一杯足够烈的酒 让我能够搞砸一切 |
[47:58] | Sorry, that’s un-ladylike. | 对不起 这样不够淑女 |
[48:02] | You look offended. | 你看起来受到了冒犯 |
[48:03] | I don’t mean to offend the delicate. | 我不是故意要冒犯娇弱的人 |
[48:05] | I-I used to be delicate. I was delightful. | 我过去也很娇弱 很讨人喜欢 |
[48:07] | I was a goddamn flower. I smelled like roses, | 我曾经是一朵鲜花 香如玫瑰 |
[48:11] | and sunshine shone out of my ass. | 太阳照在我的屁股上 |
[48:13] | What? | 怎么了 |
[48:15] | I said sunshine. | 我说的是阳光 |
[48:17] | Hey, when you get home, check the name on your deed. | 我说 回家后 检查一下房产证的名字 |
[48:21] | You are kidding me. | 开玩笑吧 |
[48:22] | I know I must seem a bit angry | 我知道对于你们来说 |
[48:24] | and deranged to you all right now, and I am. | 我现在看起来又生气又神经错乱 对 我就是 |
[48:27] | I’ll admit, I would like to repeatedly kick | 我承认 接下来几个小时里 |
[48:30] | every man in here in the balls | 我想要踢遍 |
[48:32] | over the course of the next several hours. | 这里每一个男人的蛋蛋 |
[48:34] | I won’t, though. I am still a lady. | 然而我不会这样做 我还是个淑女 |
[48:37] | And a lady never kicks men repeatedly in the balls | 一个淑女从来不会狂踢男人的蛋蛋 |
[48:40] | for longer than 20, 30 minutes tops. | 超过二三十分钟 |
[48:41] | Because then their girdles start to draw blood. | 因为那之后她们的束腰带就会让血液不流通 |
[48:44] | All right, all right. | 好了 好了 |
[48:46] | I told you about the language. You know the drill. | 我告诉过你要注意谈吐 你知道这里的规矩 |
[48:48] | Officer Peluso… | 佩卢索警官 |
[48:49] | Ladies and gentlemen, Officer Peluso! | 女士们先生们 这是佩卢索警官 |
[48:55] | He arrested me just the other night. | 就在前几天 他逮捕了我 |
[48:57] | Come down from there right now or I’m coming up there. | 现在就从那里下来 不然我就上去了 |
[49:00] | Officer, sorry, I work alone. | 警官 不好意思 我现在一个人上班 |
[49:01] | Now, and apparently for the rest of my life. | 很明显我的后半生也是这样 |
[49:03] | I’m gonna count to five. One… | 我数到五 一 |
[49:06] | That’s the end of my show, folks. Tune in next week, | 我的表演结束了 各位 下周请继续收听 |
[49:08] | when my grandmother steals my pearls and fucks my boyfriend. | 我的祖母偷了我的珍珠 还上了我的男朋友 |
[49:11] | Five! Let’s go, Peluso. | 五 我们走 佩卢索 |
[49:21] | That’s my client. | 那是我的客户 |
[49:27] | We charge for pictures now. | 现在开始 拍照要收费了 |
[49:39] | ♪ Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo ♪ | ♪ 嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟 ♪ |
[49:47] | ♪ Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo ♪ | ♪ 嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟 ♪ |
[49:55] | ♪ You’ve got your mother in a whirl ♪ | ♪ 你让你妈妈都乱了 ♪ |
[49:59] | ♪ She’s not sure if you’re a boy or a girl ♪ | ♪ 她都分不清你是男是女 ♪ |
[50:03] | ♪ Hey, babe, your hair’s all right ♪ | ♪ 宝贝 你的发型真不错 ♪ |
[50:07] | ♪ Hey, babe, let’s go out tonight ♪ | ♪ 宝贝 我们出去过夜吧 ♪ |
[50:10] | ♪ You like me and I like it all ♪ | ♪ 你喜欢我 我喜欢这感觉 ♪ |
[50:14] | ♪ We like dancing and we look divine ♪ | ♪ 我们喜欢跳舞 看起来不食人间烟火 ♪ |
[50:17] | ♪ You love bands when they play it hard ♪ | ♪ 你爱那些乐队 他们在卖力演奏 ♪ |
[50:22] | ♪ You want more and you want it fast ♪ | ♪ 你还想要更多 还要更快一点 ♪ |
[50:25] | ♪ They put you down, they say I’m wrong ♪ | ♪ 他们把你放倒 还说我有问题 ♪ |
[50:29] | ♪ You tacky thing, you put them on ♪ | ♪ 你才有问题 勾搭他们 ♪ |
[50:33] | ♪ Rebel Rebel, you’ve torn your dress ♪ | ♪ 叛逆 反抗 你撕破裙子 ♪ |
[50:37] | ♪ Rebel Rebel, your face is a mess ♪ | ♪ 叛逆 反抗 你脸一团糟 ♪ |
[50:41] | ♪ Rebel Rebel, how could they know? ♪ | ♪ 叛逆 反抗 他们怎么知道 ♪ |
[50:44] | ♪ Hot tramp, I love you so ♪ | ♪ 性感的你 我太爱你了 ♪ |
[50:51] | ♪ Don’t ya ♪ | ♪ 你呢 ♪ |
[50:56] | ♪ Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo ♪ | ♪ 嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟嘟 ♪ |
[51:03] | ♪ You’ve got your mother in a whirl ♪ | ♪ 你让你妈妈都乱了 ♪ |
[51:07] | ♪ Cause she’s not sure if you’re a boy or a girl ♪ | ♪ 她都分不清你是男是女 ♪ |
[51:11] | ♪ Hey, babe, your hair’s all right ♪ | ♪ 宝贝你的发型真不错 ♪ |
[51:15] | ♪ Hey, babe, let’s stay out tonight ♪ | ♪ 宝贝 我们出去过夜吧 ♪ |
[51:19] | ♪ You like me and I like it all ♪ | ♪ 你喜欢我 我喜欢这感觉 ♪ |
[51:21] | ♪ We like dancing and we look divine… ♪ | ♪ 我们喜欢跳舞 看起来极好 ♪ |