时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | The one that got away. | 那个人离我而去 |
[00:10] | The biggest heartache of my life was not | 这辈子最令我心痛的不是 |
[00:12] | my husband and the father of my children leaving me, | 我的丈夫 我孩子的父亲离开了我 |
[00:15] | it was never being able to truly land Manniford McClaine. | 而是没能正式和曼尼福德 麦克莱恩约会 |
[00:21] | Yes, that was his real name, | 没错 那就是他的真名 |
[00:23] | and he was fabulous. | 他相当了不起 |
[00:25] | He was the captain of my high school football team. | 他是我高中足球队的队长 |
[00:27] | He was the leader of the pack. | 天生的领袖 |
[00:29] | He had a jawline you could stab your sister with. | 下巴尖得你可以拿去刺你的妹妹 |
[00:32] | He was so gorgeous that | 他是那么英俊潇洒 |
[00:34] | after years of having my mother tell me, | 我妈多年来都在教导我 |
[00:36] | “Your virtue is a garden, keep it watered, | 你的美德就是一座花园 勤加浇灌 |
[00:38] | but behind a fence,” | 但要在栅栏后面 |
[00:40] | I bring him over for dinner, she takes one look at him, | 后来我带他回家吃晚饭 我妈就看了他一眼 |
[00:41] | and suddenly it’s like, “You know what?” | 然后突然跟我说 你知道吗 |
[00:43] | “It’s not a high fence.” | 栅栏也不怎么高 |
[00:44] | “Just hop on over.” | 跳过去吧 |
[00:46] | “Here, step on my hands, I’ll give you a boost.” | 来 踩着我的手 我助你一臂之力 |
[00:48] | We almost went to prom together. | 我们差点一起参加毕业舞会 |
[00:50] | – Ooh! – As friends, but still. | – 哇 – 以朋友的身份 但也很不错了 |
[00:53] | Then his old girlfriend, Satan, moved back from Rhode Island | 然后他的前女友 撒旦 从罗德岛搬回来了 |
[00:56] | and they got back together, got married, | 他们破镜重圆 结婚了 |
[00:59] | had four kids and bought a waterfront mansion | 有了四个孩子 还在奥伊斯特贝买了 |
[01:01] | – in Oyster Bay. – Ooh! | – 一所海滨豪宅 – 天啊 |
[01:02] | Yes. And… | 是的 然后 |
[01:03] | Hey, is there any more onion dip? | 嘿 还有洋葱酱吗 |
[01:05] | Shh! | 嘘 |
[01:06] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:07] | Is there any more onion dip? | 还有洋葱酱吗 |
[01:09] | Continue, please. | 请继续吧 |
[01:11] | Anyhow, the other day I picked up a newspaper | 总之 有一天我看报纸 |
[01:13] | and there on the front page is a headline: | 头版的大标题上写着 |
[01:16] | “Wall Street golden boy, Manniford McClaine, | 华尔街金童 曼尼福德 麦克莱恩 |
[01:20] | caught with head of wife in trunk of car.” | 被捕 车后备箱中发现其妻头颅 |
[01:25] | That’s right. | 的确如此 |
[01:27] | Manniford murdered his wife, | 曼尼福德谋杀了他的妻子 |
[01:28] | then drove around with her head for an hour | 被捕前带着她的头 |
[01:30] | before getting caught. I couldn’t believe it. | 开车在外转了一个小时 我简直不敢相信 |
[01:31] | It-it had to be some other Manniford McClaine. | 一定是别人和他重名了 |
[01:34] | But there he was, in the paper, handcuffed, | 但那的确就是他 上了报纸 戴着手铐 |
[01:36] | being perp-walked into the station. | 被押向警局 |
[01:38] | And I just thought, “My God…” | 然后我就想 天啊 |
[01:40] | he still looks fantastic.” | 他看上去依旧迷人 |
[01:43] | No, I mean it, | 我说真的 |
[01:45] | better looking than high school. I know, | 比高中时候还要帅 我知道 |
[01:48] | my first thought should’ve been, “Dodged that bullet.” | 我的第一想法本应是 活该 |
[01:50] | Instead it was, “I don’t know, he’s single, I’m single. | 但我想的却是 怎么说 他单身 我也单身 |
[01:54] | If he beats this thing…” | 如果他能躲过一劫 |
[01:56] | Okay, I’m gonna stop talking now. | 好了 我应该闭嘴了 |
[01:59] | Harriet’s brother is supposed to play something for us. | 哈里特的哥哥该给我们弹点音乐了 |
[02:01] | Tommy? Play me off! | 汤米 换你了 |
[02:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[02:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:11] | Onion dip. | 洋葱酱 |
[02:19] | – Bye bye love – Yes! | – 别了 爱人 – 好 |
[02:22] | ♪ Bye bye happiness… ♪ | ♪ 别了 幸福 ♪ |
[02:25] | Vivian, you’re out of glasses. | 薇薇安 杯子要不够用了 |
[02:27] | Thanks for pointing out the painfully obvious, Frederick. | 谢谢你指出这么明显的问题 弗雷德里克 |
[02:30] | Stay vigilant! | 保持警惕 |
[02:32] | I think I’m in love with Frederick. | 我想我爱上弗雷德里克了 |
[02:34] | Frederick? He’s with Letty in toiletries. | 弗雷德里克 他正和化妆品部的莱蒂谈恋爱 |
[02:36] | Letty dumped him days ago. | 莱蒂几天前把他甩了 |
[02:38] | I heard he was in love with Carroll in the back office. | 我听说他爱上了后勤部的卡罗尔 |
[02:40] | – Who’s she? – He. | – 她是谁 – 是他 |
[02:41] | How very Grecian. | 真有古希腊遗风 |
[02:43] | That is a terrible rumor to spread. | 传这种谣言影响可不好 |
[02:45] | These are getting heavy. | 这些越来越沉了 |
[02:46] | Counter. | 放台子上吧 |
[02:47] | Use plastic cups next time. | 下次用塑料杯子吧 |
[02:49] | Pay for ’em and I’ll use ’em. | 你出钱我就用 |
[02:51] | Give me that. Were you raised by bears? | 给我吧 你是被熊养大的吗 |
[02:56] | Thanks, Mary. | 谢谢你 玛丽 |
[02:57] | Coming through! | 杯子来了 |
[03:02] | – Hello emptiness – Careful. | – 你好 空虚 – 小心 |
[03:03] | Watch it. | 看着点 |
[03:05] | This is a balance issue, people. | 注意保持平衡 伙计们 |
[03:07] | ♪ Bye bye, my love, good-bye-eye ♪ | ♪ 别了 我的爱 再见 再见 ♪ |
[03:09] | ♪ Bye bye, my love, good-bye-eye. ♪ | ♪ 别了 我的爱 再见 再见 ♪ |
[03:11] | Well done. | 很好 |
[03:20] | I’m so Dasen-offen-upsetten-gruber. | 我太不该兴了 |
[03:23] | I’m sorry? | 你好 |
[03:24] | Fraulein, please help me. I’m so lost. | 小姐 请帮帮我 我迷路了 |
[03:25] | – I’m looking for the Reichstag. – The Reichstag? | – 我在找国会大厦 – 国会大厦 |
[03:28] | You don’t know this famous German building? | 你没听说过这座著名的德国建筑吗 |
[03:30] | Gaudy, very big, and no elevator? | 华丽 高大 没有电梯 |
[03:32] | Oy, those steps will leave you uber-pooped! Ha. | 那些台阶够你爬断腿 哈哈 |
[03:34] | You look very familiar to me. | 你看起来很面熟 |
[03:37] | – Do I know you? – No, no, | – 我认识你吗 – 不 不 |
[03:38] | I just have one of those punims. | 我长得比较大众 |
[03:40] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[03:42] | My name, well, it’s Ay-Rolf… | 我的名字 呃 是 艾 洛夫 |
[03:43] | that’s the first name… | 那是名字 |
[03:45] | “Jawohl,” that’s it. | “好的” 是这个 |
[03:46] | – Not very common. – Ay-Rolf. | – 不常见 – 艾 洛夫 |
[03:48] | And your last name? | 你姓什么 |
[03:49] | Hitler… burg. | 希特勒 伯格 |
[03:50] | Well, | 好吧 |
[03:52] | I’ve got to tell you, Mr. Ay-Rolf Hitlerburg, | 我必须告诉你 艾 洛夫 希特勒伯格先生 |
[03:53] | you’re a pretty long way from the Reichstag. | 你离国会大厦还远着呢 |
[03:56] | Well, that bitch Himmler sent me off completely unprepared. | 那个贱人希姆莱在我毫无准备的情况下就把我派来了 |
[03:59] | Did I say “Himmler”? | 我是不是说了 希姆莱 |
[04:00] | I meant “Himmlerstein.” | 我的意思是 希姆莱斯坦 |
[04:02] | Well, what were his directions? | 他是怎么跟你说的 |
[04:03] | He said to take a left, and another left, | 他说要左转 然后再左转 |
[04:05] | – and then the Third Reich. – “Right.” | – 然后就到了第三帝国 – 好吧 |
[04:07] | That’s what he said, “Third Reich.” | 他就是那么说的 第三帝国 |
[04:08] | – “Right.” – Glad you agree. | – 好的 – 很高兴你也同意 |
[04:10] | Well, | 好吧 |
[04:11] | you are a long way from the fatherland. | 你离你的祖国有十万八千里远 |
[04:13] | Was is das? | 真的吗 |
[04:16] | Your German vocabulary’s quite impressive, by the way. | 另外 你蹦出的德语单词真是令人难忘 |
[04:18] | – Danke. – You are in New York City. | – “谢谢” – 你现在在纽约市 |
[04:20] | New York City, interesting. | 纽约市 有意思 |
[04:23] | Any place you can recommend for a quick bite to eat? | 你能推荐几个吃快餐的地方吗 |
[04:25] | I’m feeling a bit peckish. | 我感觉有点饿 |
[04:27] | Well, there’s an excellent deli around the corner. | 拐角有一家非常好吃的熟食店 |
[04:29] | Yeah, deli’s not really my thing. | 我不爱吃熟食 |
[04:32] | Okay, what do you like? | 那你喜欢吃什么 |
[04:33] | Whatever’s fascist. Fastest! | 要最法西斯的 最快的 |
[04:35] | Oy, what a day this has been. | 今天真是糟糕 |
[04:38] | Pizza’s here! Everybody pay up! | 披萨到了 赶紧交钱 |
[04:43] | So, I’m not really Ay-Rolf Hitlerburg. | 我其实不是艾 洛夫 希特勒伯格 |
[04:44] | Well, you had me fooled. | 你骗到我了 |
[04:46] | I’m Randall, Vivian’s fifth favorite cousin. | 我是兰道尔 薇薇安第五个最喜欢的表哥 |
[04:48] | Midge, Vivian’s 34th best friend. | 米琪 薇薇安第三十四个最好的朋友 |
[04:50] | My what? | 我的什么 |
[04:51] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[04:52] | – Couple of comedians. – Are you? | – 他是喜剧演员 – 你是吗 |
[04:54] | – Am I what? – A comedian? | – 我是什么 – 喜剧演员 |
[04:55] | Bad sign if you can’t tell. | 你不会没看出来吧 |
[04:57] | – No, you’re hysterical. – I’ll take your pity. | – 不 你很歇斯底里- 我接受你的同情 |
[04:59] | Yes, I’ve been at it a while. Almost made my living from it. | 是的 我干这行有一段日子了 几乎就靠它吃饭 |
[05:01] | Got an agent, got a manager, toured, did a little TV. | 找了经纪人 有了经理 到处巡演 上过电视 |
[05:04] | In fact, I got to go. | 事实上 我得走了 |
[05:06] | I got a set downtown in a half hour. | 我半小时后在市区还有演出 |
[05:10] | Crappy time slot, but, well. | 糟糕的时段 但是 |
[05:11] | – You ever try a brisket? – A brisket? | – 你试过用牛腩吗 – 牛腩 |
[05:13] | Personal joke. | 私人笑话 |
[05:15] | See you again. | 再见 |
[05:16] | And don’t be funny without me. | 我不在的时候不准这么有趣 |
[05:18] | You can’t have Randall, I’m in love with him. | 你不能和兰道尔在一起 我爱上他了 |
[05:20] | He’s your cousin, Vivian. | 他是你表哥 薇薇安 |
[05:22] | Twice removed. | 远房表哥 |
[05:23] | Let’s talk, sweetie. | 我们去聊聊吧 亲爱的 |
[05:33] | ♪ I’m strictly a female female ♪ | ♪ 我是个女孩子 女孩子 ♪ |
[05:37] | ♪ And my future I hope will be ♪ | ♪ 我希望我的未来 ♪ |
[05:41] | ♪ In the home of a brave ♪ | ♪ 会与一名勇敢而自由的男孩 ♪ |
[05:43] | ♪ And free male ♪ | ♪ 住在一起 ♪ |
[05:45] | ♪ Who’ll enjoy being a guy ♪ | ♪ 他将享受男人的乐趣 ♪ |
[05:49] | ♪ Having a girl… ♪ | ♪ 有一个女孩 ♪ |
[05:51] | Hey, Jack Webb. Do I look like someone who | 嘿 杰克 韦布 我看上去像是 |
[05:53] | would use anything you sell in this store? | 会买你店里东西的人吗 |
[05:55] | Follow the men shopping for their mistresses. | 去跟着那些给情人买东西的男人吧 |
[05:57] | It’s bound to be more fun. | 那肯定更有意思 |
[05:59] | This is a personal favorite. | 我个人很喜欢这个 |
[06:00] | But this one’s a little bit more dramatic. | 不过这个就有点夸张了 |
[06:02] | You let me know if anything speaks to you. | 喜欢哪一个就告诉我 |
[06:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:06] | I’ve never worn much makeup before. | 我之前很少化妆的 |
[06:08] | This was my daughter’s idea. | 这是我女儿的主意 |
[06:09] | Blue would be a wonderful color on you. | 蓝色很适合你 |
[06:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:13] | – Which one is that again? – Mermaid Ice. | – 刚才那支是什么来着 – 人鱼蓝 |
[06:15] | Would you like to try it on? | 想试试吗 |
[06:16] | – I don’t know. – Here. | – 我不知道 – 来 |
[06:18] | My daughter said I should try more. | 我女儿说我应该多试几种 |
[06:20] | She says I should live a little before it’s all over. | 她说我应该在结束之前多享受生活 |
[06:23] | Before what’s all over? | 在什么结束之前 |
[06:24] | My life. She said it’s a failure. | 我的生命 她说我的人生就是一场失败 |
[06:26] | I don’t participate. That’s why my husband won’t talk to me. | 我什么都不爱参与 所以我丈夫不爱跟我说话 |
[06:30] | She’s been very outspoken since she went to Radcliffe. | 自从去了拉德克里夫学院 我女儿就变得心直口快了 |
[06:32] | There. | 好了 |
[06:34] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[06:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:38] | Excuse me, is that Mermaid Ice? | 你好 请问那是人鱼蓝吗 |
[06:39] | I’m sorry, I’m in a big hurry. My man’s coming over | 抱歉 我很着急 我男人要到家了 |
[06:42] | and I am all out of my Mermaid Ice eye shadow. | 而我的人鱼蓝眼影用完了 |
[06:44] | And if I am not wearing that when he gets home, | 如果他回到家发现我没涂上它 |
[06:45] | all hell breaks loose. | 那就真是完了 |
[06:46] | – Really? – You kidding? | – 真的吗 – 这还用问 |
[06:48] | I couldn’t get him to give me the time of day, | 他之前一刻时间都不肯给我 |
[06:49] | much less give me the, you know, time of day. | 更不要说 呃 一整个白天的时间了 |
[06:52] | And then I came in here… | 然后我就来了这里 |
[06:53] | – you remember when I came in here? – I do. | – 还记得我来的时候吗 – 当然 |
[06:54] | You came in here and we talked about… | 你来这里 我们谈到了 |
[06:56] | I told you my life was crap, you sold me the Mermaid Ice, | 我告诉你我的人生一团糟 你卖给了我人鱼蓝 |
[06:58] | and now my life is a fat, fuzzy peach. | 现在我重焕生机了 |
[07:01] | I mean, I-I’m going broke ’cause this stuff costs a fortune, | 我是说 我快破产了 因为这东西价格不菲 |
[07:03] | but, man, is it worth it. | 但说真的 它值得 |
[07:05] | – Well, my goodness. – Yeah. | – 我的天啊 – 是啊 |
[07:06] | If it worked for you… | 如果它对你管用的话 |
[07:09] | – I’ll take two. – Wonderful. | – 我要两支 – 太好了 |
[07:11] | You will not be sorry. | 你不会失望的 |
[07:12] | Margo, would you mind ringing up Mrs. Winters | 玛格 能帮我接待一下温特斯太太吗 |
[07:14] | while I help my return customer over here? | 我要接待我的回头客 |
[07:17] | Hello, I can help you right here. | 您好 我来帮助您 |
[07:19] | Well, well, well. | 哇 哇 哇 |
[07:21] | Just call me the closer. | 叫我终结者好了 |
[07:23] | I’m a little surprised to see you. | 看见你我有点惊讶 |
[07:24] | Well, it’s been a while and last time we… | 有日子没见了 而且上次我们 |
[07:28] | words were said and… | 说了那些话 |
[07:32] | So, you’re sorry? | 所以 你感到抱歉了吗 |
[07:34] | – Sure. – Good. | – 是的 – 很好 |
[07:36] | It’s behind us. | 那这事儿就翻篇儿了 |
[07:37] | So, this is where you hang out now? | 所以 这儿现在是你消遣的地方吗 |
[07:39] | Well, you know I never like to be more than | 嗯 你知道我从来都不喜欢 |
[07:40] | three feet from a lipstick. | 寄人篱下一无是处 |
[07:41] | I do. | 我知道 |
[07:42] | It’s a good job. The girls are really nice. | 这份工作不错 姑娘们都很友好 |
[07:44] | And there’s a vending machine in the employee break room | 员工休息室有一台自动售货机 |
[07:45] | that’s broken, so if you hit it just right, free Abba-Zabas. | 坏掉了 所以如果你敲一下 就会有免费的糖果 |
[07:48] | – You are living the dream. – Sorry to interrupt. | – 你过得还不错 – 抱歉打扰下 |
[07:50] | Midge, my parents are making me throw them | 米琪 我父母让我帮他们筹办 |
[07:52] | a 25th anniversary party Friday. | 星期五的二十五周年纪念日 |
[07:54] | – Friday? Short notice. – I know. | – 星期五 时间这么仓促 – 我知道 |
[07:56] | And I have no idea what people of their age do at parties. | 我完全不知道他们那个年纪的人聚会都做什么 |
[07:58] | My mom keeps saying the word canapés. | 我妈妈一直在说什么canapés |
[08:00] | Is that an old people’s dance? | 那是一种老年舞蹈吗 |
[08:01] | It’s a type of hors d’oeuvre. | 是一种开胃菜 |
[08:02] | You always know everything, so any tips would help. | 你总是无所不知 能给点建议吗 |
[08:05] | Hire help. | 请人帮忙 |
[08:06] | – And get chairs, lots of chairs. – Right. | – 准备椅子 很多椅子 – 对 |
[08:08] | – Old people sit. – And invite some of your friends | – 老年人需要坐着 – 邀请一些你的朋友 |
[08:10] | for a little moral support. | 给你一些精神支持 |
[08:11] | Who the hell would want to come to something like this? | 谁会愿意去做这样的事情 |
[08:14] | – I’ll come. – You will? | – 我可以啊 – 你会吗 |
[08:16] | My God, I love you. | 我的天 我爱死你了 |
[08:17] | I love her. | 我爱她 |
[08:19] | Ha. | 哈 |
[08:21] | – Booked a gig. – I’m sorry, what? | – 预定到一个演出 – 抱歉 你什么意思 |
[08:23] | It’s just this thing that I’ve been doing lately. | 就是我最近在做的事情而已 |
[08:24] | I’ve been working the party circuit. | 我最近一直在参加聚会 |
[08:26] | – Which means…? – I go to parties and I talk. | – 所以呢 – 我去参加聚会然后侃侃而谈 |
[08:29] | – As opposed to…? – People like to hear me talk. | – 而不是 – 人们喜欢听我谈天说地 |
[08:31] | And so far, it’s been young parties, Viv’s age. | 到目前为止 我都是去年轻人的聚会 像薇薇那种年纪的 |
[08:33] | I haven’t really worked an older crowd yet, | 我还没去参加过老年人聚会呢 |
[08:35] | so this is a perfect opportunity. | 所以这是一个绝佳的机会 |
[08:36] | I’ll-I’ll have to adjust a few of my references, | 我得调整下我的一些笑料的尺度 |
[08:38] | but you have to be able to read an audience, right? | 但你必须得能够读懂观众 对吧 |
[08:41] | Hey, are there large quantities of narcotics | 你们的那个糖果售卖机里 |
[08:43] | in these Abba-Zabas of yours? | 有麻醉药卖吗 |
[08:45] | I can’t explain. I… | 我解释不清楚 我 |
[08:46] | Just-just come and you’ll see. Friday. | 你来了就懂了 星期五 |
[08:48] | – I can’t. I have plans. – What plans? | – 我去不了 我有别的安排 – 什么安排 |
[08:50] | To not be bored or miserable at some old fuck’s party. | 就是不要参加无聊得要死的老年人聚会 |
[08:54] | Come. You’ll-you’ll watch, you’ll see, you’ll understand. | 来吧 看一看 你就会明白 会理解的 |
[08:56] | I’ll-I’ll call you with the address. | 我会打电话告诉你地址 |
[08:57] | Wear something… clean. | 穿的 干净整洁点 |
[09:06] | All right, everybody. | 好了 所有人 |
[09:08] | Time’s up. | 时间到了 |
[09:09] | Put your papers on my desk | 把试卷放我桌上 |
[09:11] | if they contain the correct answers, | 如果你有写上正确答案的话 |
[09:13] | otherwise, just don’t. | 否则就不用交了 |
[09:16] | – Abe. – Hello, Irving. | – 亚伯 – 你好 欧文 |
[09:19] | – What’s up? – I want you to meet Charles Connelly, | – 怎么了 – 我想给你介绍下查尔斯 康奈利 |
[09:21] | Executive Recruiter from Bell Labs. | 贝尔实验室的招聘主管 |
[09:23] | Bell Labs. | 贝尔实验室 |
[09:25] | You got time to talk? | 你有时间聊几句吗 |
[09:26] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:28] | We’re calling it Project Echo, Abe. | 我们称之为回声项目 亚伯 |
[09:30] | A quantum leap in satellite technology. | 卫星技术的量子飞跃 |
[09:33] | The commercial ramifications of this could be huge. | 这会带来巨大的商业影响 |
[09:35] | Not to mention its defense capabilities. | 更不用说它的防御能力了 |
[09:37] | It would revolutionize the communications industry. | 这会彻底改变通信行业 |
[09:39] | And Bell Labs is leading the pack. | 贝尔实验室引领着整个行业 |
[09:41] | Abe, we’re gathering the best and the brightest | 亚伯 我们在组织最优秀 最聪明的人才 |
[09:42] | to help us get there first. | 来帮助我们实现这一目标 |
[09:44] | – May I stop you there? – Of course. | – 我能打断下吗 – 当然 |
[09:46] | I want no part of Sputnik panic. | 我不想参与制造人造卫星恐慌 |
[09:49] | This smacks of that. | 这事就有那种味道 |
[09:50] | There’s no panic, Abe. | 没有恐慌 亚伯 |
[09:52] | We’re doing this right. | 我们这么做是正确的 |
[09:53] | We never rush R&D. | 我们从不草率地搞研发 |
[09:54] | Your colleague, Bill Chernik… | 你的同事 比尔 切尔尼克 |
[09:55] | Bill and Abe have known each other a long time. | 比尔和亚伯已经认识很久了 |
[09:57] | Bill Chernik’s a good man. | 比尔 切尔尼克是个优秀的人才 |
[09:59] | He’s been consulting with us for a while. | 他已经和我们商谈了有段时间了 |
[10:00] | Ask him about us. You’ll like what you hear. | 去问问他 你会听到让你满意的答案的 |
[10:02] | There’s no way this could work. | 这也行不通啊 |
[10:04] | My class load is so full. | 我的课程安排很满 |
[10:06] | We can help with that. Take things off your plate. | 我们可以协调 减轻你的工作量 |
[10:08] | No, I’m loath to do that. | 不 我不愿意这样 |
[10:10] | We’ll work around your schedule. | 我们会按照你的日程表安排 |
[10:11] | An applied mathematician of your skills | 现如今迫切需要 |
[10:13] | is in high demand these days. | 像您这样的应用型数学家 |
[10:15] | We need you. | 我们需要你 |
[10:17] | I told you he’d be a tough sell. | 我说过他很难邀请 |
[10:19] | Which makes us want you more. | 所以我们更想邀请你加入 |
[10:20] | Pending a security clearance, | 在安全调查期间 |
[10:21] | Bell Labs is at your beck and call. | 贝尔实验室随时等候您的佳音 |
[10:23] | I need to get home. | 我得回家了 |
[10:24] | Let me walk with you. | 我和你一起走 |
[10:26] | Please think it over. | 请仔细考虑下 |
[10:27] | Take some time. And call with any questions. | 慢慢来 随时打电话问任何问题 |
[10:29] | – I doubt I’ll have any. – Call anyhow. | – 我应该不会有什么问题 – 随时打电话 |
[10:31] | I’ll give you the pitch all over again. | 我会再向你抛出橄榄枝 |
[10:33] | And thanks for your time. | 谢谢你的时间 |
[10:35] | See you Monday, Abe. | 星期一见 亚伯 |
[10:40] | We’re going out to dinner! | 我们要出去吃饭 |
[10:42] | Abe? | 亚伯 |
[10:44] | Rose, Rose, get in here. | 罗斯 罗斯 快过来 |
[10:46] | We are going out to dinner. | 我们出去吃饭 |
[10:48] | Ruby Foo’s, Le Pavillon, name it. | 红宝石餐厅 乐阁餐厅 随便哪家 |
[10:50] | Abe, slow down. Why are we going out to dinner? | 亚伯 慢点说 我们为什么要出去吃 |
[10:53] | Bell Labs, Rose. | 贝尔实验室 罗斯 |
[10:54] | I got an offer to work at Bell Labs. | 我收到了贝尔实验室的工作邀请 |
[10:57] | – What? – Bell Labs down in the village! | – 什么 – 贝尔实验室落户这里了 |
[10:58] | My God, Abe! | 我的天 亚伯 |
[11:03] | You should have seen me with that recruiter. | 你应该看看我如何应对那个招聘主管 |
[11:06] | I played it so cool. | 我装得很冷静 |
[11:09] | I kind of nodded like this, | 我就像这样点了点头 |
[11:10] | was shaking my head a little bit. | 好像又在摇头 |
[11:12] | Very serious, very dubious. | 很认真 又半信半疑 |
[11:13] | You can look extremely dubious. | 你看起来十分的可疑 |
[11:16] | And he was eating out of the palm of my hand. | 他恨不得我马上点头同意 |
[11:19] | This is the big leagues, Rose. | 这是一个规模很大的联盟 罗斯 |
[11:21] | This… this is the hotbed of invention. | 这是发明的温床 |
[11:24] | That TV that you all like so much, | 你们都喜欢的电视机 |
[11:28] | – courtesy of Bell Labs transistor work. – No. | – 要感谢贝尔实验室的研发的晶体管 – 不会吧 |
[11:31] | Grandpa, I was watching that. | 外公 我正看着呢 |
[11:33] | Bardeen and Brattain and Shockley won a Nobel for that. | 巴丁 布拉顿和肖克利因为这个获得了诺贝尔奖 |
[11:37] | And now I am in their ranks. | 现在我将加入他们的行列中去 |
[11:40] | Where are we going for dinner? | 我们去哪儿吃晚餐 |
[11:41] | What about a dinner? | 什么晚餐 |
[11:43] | We’re going out. The whole family. | 我们要出去 全家人 |
[11:45] | Call Noah and Astrid. | 打电话给诺亚和阿斯特丽德 |
[11:46] | He’s got an offer from Bell Labs. | 他收到了贝尔实验室的工作邀请 |
[11:49] | Wow, Papa, congratulations. | 哇 爸爸 祝贺你 |
[11:51] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[11:52] | You’ve been obsessing on Bell Labs | 你一直都痴迷于贝尔实验室 |
[11:54] | for, like, 20 years now. | 大概有20年了吧 |
[11:56] | I haven’t been obsessing on them. | 我才没有痴迷他们 |
[11:57] | My whole childhood, it was Bell Labs this and Bell Labs that, | 我的整个童年 都是贝尔实验室这个 贝尔实验室那个 |
[11:59] | and, “My God, I’d give up pastrami” | 说什么 我的天 我愿意放弃熏牛肉 |
[12:00] | for a job at Bell Labs.” | 只要能在贝尔实验室工作 |
[12:02] | I may have mentioned them. | 我可能有这么说过 |
[12:03] | A-And once a year, we’d tour the building? The outside, | 有一年 我们还去参观了贝尔实验大楼 就在外面看了看 |
[12:05] | – because we weren’t allowed in. – You kids would play | – 因为不让我们进去 – 你们几个孩子在人行道上 |
[12:06] | on the sidewalk while your father would jump up and down, | 玩耍 而你爸爸跳来跳去 |
[12:08] | – and try and peek in the windows. – Yes. | – 想从窗户偷看一看 – 是的 |
[12:09] | That may have happened once or twice. | 好像有那么一两次吧 |
[12:11] | Is that my blouse? | 那是我的上衣吗 |
[12:13] | – Yes, but it’s not quite right. – For what? | – 是的 感觉不太合适 – 为了什么 |
[12:15] | Okay, I-I’m talking about very important things here, | 好吧 我在说很重要的事情 |
[12:18] | and you’re talking about clothes. | 你们居然在谈论衣服 |
[12:20] | I have to get dressed. Congratulations, Papa. | 我得去换衣服了 祝贺你 爸爸 |
[12:24] | How often do I get a job at Bell Labs | 我经常得到贝尔实验室的工作吗 |
[12:26] | and no one wants to celebrate with me? | 居然没人愿意和我一起庆祝 |
[12:28] | Abe, my love, we will find the perfect night to celebrate. | 亚伯 亲爱的 我们会找个完美的晚上给你庆祝 |
[12:31] | With Noah and Astrid? | 和诺亚还有阿斯特丽德吗 |
[12:33] | They will be there. | 他们会来的 |
[12:34] | I mean, it’s Bell Labs. | 我是说 这可是贝尔实验室啊 |
[12:36] | And we, we are all so very proud of you. | 我们 我们都很为你感到骄傲 |
[12:38] | Mama, where’s your green dress? | 妈妈 你的绿裙子在哪儿 |
[12:40] | At the cleaners. | 在洗衣店 |
[12:41] | Shoot. | 糟糕 |
[12:45] | I’m never sure about me and peach. | 我从来不确定我适合桃色吗 |
[12:48] | I am. | 我确定 |
[12:52] | Here. | 给你 |
[12:53] | The Dior? | 迪奥的 |
[12:55] | That’s perfect. | 太完美了 |
[12:57] | So, you’re going to another party. | 所以你要去参加另一个聚会 |
[13:00] | That’s the fourth one this week, isn’t it? | 这周第四次了 对吗 |
[13:02] | Four this week, three last week. | 这周四次 上周三次 |
[13:04] | Which, of course, means they’ve already seen | 当然 这意味着他们已经 |
[13:06] | everything in my closet. | 看遍了我衣橱里的衣服 |
[13:07] | Enter yours. | 只能换你的了 |
[13:09] | So, are these friends of yours and Joel’s? | 这些朋友是你和乔尔的吗 |
[13:12] | No. New friends. | 不是 新朋友 |
[13:14] | Girls from work. | 一起工作的女孩子们 |
[13:16] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[13:17] | Lovely, understated. | 可爱 低调 |
[13:20] | – Understated?- Mm-hmm. | – 低调 – 嗯 |
[13:21] | – Next. – You don’t want to be understated? | – 换一件 – 你不想要保持低调 |
[13:24] | I need to stand out. | 我需要脱颖而出 |
[13:25] | Well, you always stand out. | 你一直都很耀眼 |
[13:26] | I need to stand out in a very specific way. | 我需要以一种非常具体的方式表现出来 |
[13:28] | Well, you could wear nothing. | 那你可以一丝不挂 |
[13:30] | That would get some sort of attention. | 那倒会吸引一些注意 |
[13:31] | Don’t I know it. | 我难道不知道吗 |
[13:32] | Now, tell me about… | 跟我说说 |
[13:33] | not until my funeral. | 别等我死了 |
[13:36] | So tell me, are there men at these, parties? | 跟我说说 这些聚会上有男人吗 |
[13:39] | They aren’t nun parties, Mama. | 又不是修女聚会 妈妈 |
[13:42] | Well, you know, a girl standing alone at a party | 你知道 一个女孩独自在聚会上 |
[13:44] | – says just one thing. – What’s that? | – 只传达出一个信息 – 什么 |
[13:45] | – I’m prey. Hunt me. – Perfect. | – 我是猎物 来追我吧 – 很好 |
[13:47] | – Miriam. – No, seriously, | – 米里亚姆 – 说真的 |
[13:48] | I was looking for a catchphrase. That’s it. | 我正好在想一句口头禅 就这个了 |
[13:50] | You should wait to go to these parties. | 你应该等等再去参加这些聚会 |
[13:52] | It’s too soon. | 太快了 |
[13:53] | I’ll add some gloves to this. | 我要搭上手套 |
[13:54] | That should give it some zazz. | 这样看起来更漂亮 |
[13:56] | – Miriam… – Thanks for the dress, Mama. | – 米里亚姆 – 谢谢你的裙子 妈妈 |
[14:08] | – What are you doing here? – What am I…? | – 你在这儿干什么 – 我干什么 |
[14:10] | Y-You invited me to this stupid party. | 你邀请我来参加这个愚蠢的聚会 |
[14:12] | No, I mean on the elevator. | 不是 我意思你在电梯里干嘛 |
[14:13] | You’re not leaving, are you? | 你不是要离开 对吧 |
[14:14] | No, I’ve been riding this thing up and down for an hour | 不是 我为了等你 骑着这匹 |
[14:16] | waiting for you to float in here | 金色的伊卡洛斯马 |
[14:18] | on your golden fucking Icarus horse. | 上上下下快一个小时了 |
[14:20] | You got a pretty loose concept of time, lady. | 你得有点时间观念 小姐 |
[14:21] | Cabs were scarce. | 出租车太少了 |
[14:23] | Well, are you waiting for an engraved invitation? | 那你还在等我邀请你吗 |
[14:24] | Get in here. | 赶紧进来啊 |
[14:28] | Got to know the building pretty well. | 我已经对这栋楼了如指掌了 |
[14:30] | Old guy on six has cancer. | 六楼的老家伙患了癌症 |
[14:31] | That’s terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[14:33] | I inspired him to reach out to his daughter. | 我鼓励了他联系他女儿 |
[14:35] | They’ve been on the outs since she divorced. | 自从她离婚后就一直住在外面 |
[14:37] | She’s here now, cooking for him. | 她现在来了 给他做饭 |
[14:38] | That’s nice. | 这很好 |
[14:39] | You hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[14:40] | Couple on the fourth floor, they’ve been fighting | 四楼的那对夫妻 他们已经吵了 |
[14:42] | for a full half hour. | 整整半个小时 |
[14:43] | He pinched some girl’s ass, she saw. | 他捏了一个姑娘的屁股 她看见了 |
[14:46] | May have been the cancer guy’s daughter. | 可能是那个癌症患者的女儿 |
[14:48] | I hope she did nothing to encourage that. | 我希望她没有鼓励这种行为 |
[14:51] | You look nice, by the way. | 顺便说下 你看起来不错 |
[14:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:53] | – Clean shirt? – Define “clean.” | – 干净的衬衣吗 – 看你怎么定义干净 |
[14:59] | Okay, this is the worst party I’ve ever been to. | 好吧 这是我参加过最糟糕的聚会了 |
[15:02] | We just walked in the door. | 我们才刚走进门 |
[15:04] | Let’s go get a hot dog or something. | 我们去吃点热狗或者别的什么吧 |
[15:06] | No, no, no, stay. | 不 不 不 别走 |
[15:08] | – Midge, hi. – Hi, Mary. | – 米琪 嗨 – 嗨 玛丽 |
[15:10] | This is my friend, Susie. Susie, Mary. | 这是我朋友 苏西 苏西 这是玛丽 |
[15:12] | Hi, Susie, come on in. Meet the others. | 嗨 苏西 进去吧 见见其他人 |
[15:14] | I feel like I got it. | 我想我懂了 |
[15:16] | I’ll see you inside, Mary. | 等会儿里面见 玛丽 |
[15:17] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[15:19] | – What a drip. – You’re the drip. | – 真够烦人的 – 你才烦人 |
[15:21] | Come on, get with the program here. | 来吧 既来之则安之 |
[15:23] | Why would anyone in their right mind go to parties? | 为什么会有心智正常的人参加聚会 |
[15:26] | I mean, just buy some Sno Balls and a beer, | 和买巧克力球和啤酒 |
[15:28] | and take the subway at rush hour, same fucking thing. | 在高峰时间乘坐地铁 都他妈是一个道理 |
[15:30] | I-I’m sorry, I just don’t get it. | 抱歉 我就是搞不懂 |
[15:32] | Midge, I think I’m in love. | 米琪 我感觉我陷入爱河了 |
[15:34] | – Not again. – Come see him, tell me if I’m crazy. | – 又来了 – 过来看看他 告诉我 我是不是疯了 |
[15:37] | He’s my dad’s boss. | 他是我爸爸的老板 |
[15:38] | He’s 70. | 70岁了 |
[15:40] | And deaf and married, but keep an open mind. | 耳聋还是已婚 但别那么保守 |
[15:42] | That’s my cue. | 那是我的信号 |
[15:48] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[15:52] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[15:55] | I get it. I get it. | 我懂了 我懂了 |
[15:57] | Mary? I get it. | 玛丽 我懂了 |
[15:59] | Wow, your silver anniversary. | 哇 你们的银婚纪念日 |
[16:01] | Your husband looks thrilled. | 你丈夫看起来很开心 |
[16:02] | Maybe we do need a better motivator for men | 也许我们需要一个更好的奖励 |
[16:06] | to get them to care about the silver anniversary. | 让男人们能关心他们的银婚纪念日 |
[16:08] | Because what man really cares about silver? | 因为男人真正关心什么银婚纪念日呢 |
[16:10] | Maybe 25 years is the Yankees season tickets anniversary. | 也许是洋基队25周年纪念门票 |
[16:14] | Yeah! | 是啊 |
[16:16] | Yeah, and then to get them to 50, | 是的 然后是50周年纪念日门票 |
[16:17] | we need something really good. | 我们需要真正的好东西 |
[16:19] | Maybe it’s the “another woman’s boobs” anniversary. | 也许是另一个女人的乳房纪念日 |
[16:24] | Me, personally, I-I was never great at gift-giving. | 我 个人来讲 我一直不擅长送礼物 |
[16:27] | Maybe it’s because I never got to celebrate Christmas. | 也许是因为我从来都不庆祝圣诞节 |
[16:30] | I got Hanukkah. | 因为我过光明节 |
[16:32] | Doesn’t exactly prepare you the same way. | 完全不同的方式庆祝 |
[16:34] | For Christmas, a gentile would get a bike | 过圣诞节 非犹太人会获得一辆自行车 |
[16:36] | as a reminder that their parents love them. | 作为父母爱孩子的证据 |
[16:38] | For Hanukkah, we would get socks | 过光明节 我们会得到袜子 |
[16:41] | as a reminder that we were persecuted. | 以提醒我们曾被迫害过 |
[16:47] | Hey. You look happy. | 嘿 你看起来很开心 |
[16:48] | As a clam. | 心满意足 |
[16:50] | I ate all the clams, by the way. | 顺便说下我吃了所有的蛤蜊 |
[16:51] | See? Parties aren’t so bad. | 瞧 聚会也没那么糟 |
[16:52] | I’m just trying to figure out the best way | 我正在想一个好办法 |
[16:54] | to hide a lobster under my hat. | 在我的帽子里藏一只龙虾 |
[16:55] | – So, did you catch my set? – Your what? | – 所以你有没有看我的秀 – 你的什么 |
[16:58] | Just now. You hear all the laughs I got? | 就刚刚 你听到我逗他们的笑声了吗 |
[17:00] | Yeah, I heard the laughs. | 是的 我听到笑声了 |
[17:01] | Pretty funny, right? | 很有趣 对吧 |
[17:02] | You’re a funny woman. | 你就是个有趣的女人 |
[17:04] | Could you pass the asparagus? | 你能把芦笋递给我吗 |
[17:05] | I did a version of the Hanukkah run a couple weeks ago, | 我几周前想出来这个光明节的梗 |
[17:07] | but I’ve honed it a lot since then. | 但之后我还磨了好多遍 |
[17:09] | Yeah, that was some top-notch honing, there. | 是啊 很不错的磨练 |
[17:11] | Darling? Darling, over here! | 亲爱的 亲爱的 快过来 |
[17:13] | Yes, dear? | 好的 亲爱的 |
[17:15] | Come over here by the window. | 到窗户这边来 |
[17:16] | You’re gonna want to see this. | 你肯定想看这个 |
[17:19] | – Shh. – What am I looking at? | – 嘘 – 我要看什么 |
[17:21] | Well, nothing, silly, the curtains are closed. | 什么都没有 傻瓜 窗帘拉着 |
[17:23] | I’m incorrigible. | 我真是无药可救 |
[17:24] | Let’s open the curtains here. | 让我们拉开窗帘 |
[17:26] | There, see? | 这儿 看 |
[17:28] | It’s the neighbors across the way again. | 又是街对面的邻居 |
[17:29] | The wife just got home. | 妻子刚回家 |
[17:31] | She’s taking off her coat, | 她脱掉大衣 |
[17:33] | and here comes her husband to say hello, | 她丈夫过来说你好 |
[17:34] | – and…! – Oh | – 然后呢 – 噢 |
[17:36] | Did you see that? | 你看见了吗 |
[17:37] | He fell hard. | 他狠狠地摔了一跤 |
[17:38] | What the heck did he slip on? | 他到底是怎么摔倒的 |
[17:40] | Whatever it is, he’s picking it up. | 不管为什么 他捡起了一个东西 |
[17:41] | It looks like a towel… nope, it’s the cat. | 看起来像是毛巾 不是 是只猫 |
[17:44] | – He slipped on the cat? – And he is angry. | – 他被一只猫绊倒了 – 他很生气 |
[17:46] | The cat or the man? | 猫还是男人 |
[17:47] | Well, they’re both pretty verklempt. | 他们两个都很激动 |
[17:48] | You’re Jewish. I never knew that. | 你是犹太人 我以前都不知道 |
[17:50] | 20 years of marriage and we’re still learning things | 20年的婚姻生活 我们仍需要继续 |
[17:52] | – about each other. – I like that about us. | – 了解彼此 – 我喜欢这样的我们 |
[17:54] | He’s struggling with the cat… | 他和猫一番搏斗 |
[17:55] | – The cat knocked his toupee off! – The cat did him a favor. | – 猫抓掉了他的假发 – 猫帮了他大忙 |
[17:58] | And he’s thrown the cat out the window. | 他把猫扔出了窗外 |
[17:59] | My God! | 我的天 |
[18:01] | And the car had to have | 这辆车必须 |
[18:02] | a fancy garage and a fancy mansion to go with it. | 有一个漂亮的车库和一个豪华的大房子陪衬 |
[18:04] | But I didn’t expect you to get the money this month. | 但我没料到你这个月会拿到钱 |
[18:06] | He wouldn’t care where I get it from! | 他不在乎我在哪儿弄来的 |
[18:11] | I told you to get it and get out of that. | 我告诉过你拿出来然后丢掉 |
[18:13] | Poor Virginia. | 可怜的弗吉尼亚 |
[18:15] | Peter never listens to her, now look at the mess he’s in. | 皮特从来不听她说 看看他现在惹得麻烦 |
[18:17] | Men only hear men… and bartenders. | 男人只听信男的 还有调酒师 |
[18:20] | She really thinks getting angry will work? | 她真的认为生气会有用吗 |
[18:22] | Why don’t these writers just give her a boyfriend, or a gun? | 为什么这些编剧不给她一个男朋友 或者一把枪 |
[18:25] | – My God. So hostile today. – I’m sorry. | – 我的天 今天这是怎么了 – 抱歉 |
[18:27] | I’m just a wreck right now. | 我只是有点消沉 |
[18:28] | – Everything’s falling apart. – Hold it. | – 一切都四分五裂了 – 坚持住 |
[18:31] | What’s the best way to reduce? | 减肥最好的方法是什么 |
[18:32] | – Commercial. – Eat plenty? Or starve yourself? | – 商业广告 – 是胡吃海喝 还是饿死自己 |
[18:34] | A half-empty… | 一个半空的 |
[18:36] | Okay. | 好了 |
[18:37] | Miriam stopped wearing her wedding ring. | 米里亚姆都不戴她的结婚戒指了 |
[18:40] | We’re gonna need the ball. | 我们需要玻璃球 |
[18:41] | And Joel moved in with that girlfriend. | 乔尔搬去和他的女朋友住了 |
[18:43] | – The secretary. – The home-wrecker. | – 那个秘书 – 破坏别人家庭的小三 |
[18:45] | Like Sasha from Edge of Night, | 就像来自黑夜边缘的莎夏 |
[18:46] | always spreading it around. | 阴魂不散 |
[18:48] | She’s a nothing. I know it won’t last. | 她什么都不是 我知道不会长久 |
[18:50] | If the secretary were just out of the picture, | 如果秘书消失的话 |
[18:51] | Joel would come back. | 乔尔就会回家 |
[18:52] | You want her out of the picture? | 你想让她消失吗 |
[18:54] | I have cousins. They have skills. | 我有表亲 他们干这行的 |
[18:56] | – I’m sorry? – Nothing. | – 你说什么 – 没什么 |
[18:58] | I’m looking at the ball. | 我看看玻璃球 |
[19:00] | I see a new man walking toward Miriam. | 我看见一个陌生男人走向了米里亚姆 |
[19:02] | My God, no. | 我的天 不 |
[19:03] | But he walked right past. Yes, he’s gone. | 但他很快又过去了 是的 他不见了 |
[19:05] | – Feel better? – It doesn’t matter. | – 感觉好点了吗 – 没关系 |
[19:07] | There’ll be another man and another | 会有另一个男人和另一个 |
[19:08] | and another; She’s on the prowl. | 和另一个 她周旋其中 |
[19:10] | Every night she gets all dolled up and goes to these parties. | 每天晚上她都打扮的漂漂亮亮去参加聚会 |
[19:12] | Like she’s given up on Joel and is trolling for husbands. | 就像是她放弃了乔尔 正在寻找丈夫 |
[19:16] | She doesn’t understand. | 她不明白 |
[19:17] | Being a divorcée is terrible, yes, | 离婚是很可怕的 是的 |
[19:19] | but being on your second marriage is… | 但是进入第二段婚姻 |
[19:20] | – Worse. – So much worse. | – 更糟 – 特别糟糕 |
[19:22] | Second marriage says failure. | 再婚会被说成失败 |
[19:23] | At least divorcée sounds continental. | 至少离婚听起来好点儿 |
[19:26] | It’d be better if Joel had died, then she’d be a widow. | 最好是如果乔尔死了 她成了寡妇 |
[19:28] | At least there’s dignity in that. | 至少还有尊严 |
[19:29] | You want Joel to die? | 你想让乔尔死吗 |
[19:31] | Again, with the cousins. | 再说遍 我有表亲 |
[19:33] | – I don’t understand. – Okay, I give up. | – 我不明白 – 好吧 我放弃 |
[19:35] | I see an open path for Miriam. | 我看到了米里亚姆脚下有一条路 |
[19:37] | She will find her way. I promise. | 她会好起来的 我保证 |
[19:40] | Tell you what, I’ll make a tonic. | 告诉你 我会做奎宁水 |
[19:42] | Pour it in her soup, it will help the luck stick. | 放进她的汤里 会帮助她留住好运 |
[19:46] | – Thank you, Drina. – You still look worried. | – 谢谢你 迪娜 – 你还是忧心忡忡 |
[19:48] | I have the perfect thing. | 我有好办法 |
[19:50] | A distraction. | 让你分心 |
[19:57] | Shh, shh. | 嘘 嘘 |
[20:01] | I think you’ll love the color, Mrs. Maracek. See you again. | 我肯定你会喜欢这种颜色 玛拉塞克夫人 下次再见 |
[20:06] | And what color would you recommend | 你给我这样的肤色 |
[20:08] | for my unique complexion, Miss? | 推荐什么颜色呢 小姐 |
[20:10] | Pasty? I’d recommend Spackle. | 苍白色 我建议斯巴克 |
[20:11] | – And a putty knife. – I’ll pass. | – 再加上一把油灰刀 – 还是算了吧 |
[20:13] | – So what are you doing here? – I have a proposition. | – 那你来这儿干什么 – 我有一个提议(求婚) |
[20:15] | Blessed day. | 祝你好运 |
[20:16] | The ring department’s on the third floor. | 戒指在三楼 |
[20:18] | – Remember the four “C” s. – A business proposition. | – 记住四个C – 一个事业提议 |
[20:20] | But not here. | 但不能在这儿说 |
[20:21] | You have time later today? | 你今天晚点有时间吗 |
[20:23] | I’m off in an hour. | 我还有一小时下班 |
[20:24] | – Can you meet me at the Stage Deli? – Sure. | 我们能在熟食店碰面吗 – 当然 |
[20:26] | Great. | 很好 |
[20:27] | Point me to the shoplifting department? | 给我指下顺手牵羊部门在哪儿 |
[20:30] | Second floor, south side. | 二楼 南边 |
[20:32] | Excellent service. | 服务周到 |
[20:45] | Hello there. | 你好 |
[20:46] | Midge, this is my karate instructor, Lew Fogelman. | 米琪 这是空手道教练 卢 福格尔曼 |
[20:48] | I’m Randall’s agent. | 我是兰德尔的经纪人 |
[20:50] | He’s with William Morris, so look impressed. | 他和威廉 莫里斯一起 所以看起来眼熟 |
[20:52] | I am impressed. | 我有点印象 |
[20:54] | Midge Maisel. | 米琪 麦瑟尔 |
[20:55] | I’ve heard good things. | 我听说你很了不起 |
[20:57] | I like you already. | 我开始喜欢你了 |
[20:58] | We’re sitting now. | 我们坐下说吧 |
[21:00] | So… my boy told me he was having a bite with you, | 我的客户跟我说 他要和你一起吃饭 |
[21:03] | and I was in the neighborhood. | 我就在附近 |
[21:04] | Hope you don’t mind my stopping by. | 希望你不要介意我过来 |
[21:06] | The Stage DelI is open to all. | 熟食店是面向所有人营业的 |
[21:08] | He’s headed toward great things, this one. | 他大有前途 这个 |
[21:09] | – Just not in entertainment. – Will you shut up? | – 只是不适合娱乐圈 – 你能闭嘴吗 |
[21:11] | – You’re annoying us both. – I’m winningly self-deprecating. | – 你把我们都惹怒了 – 我在可爱地自嘲 |
[21:13] | It says so right there on the new resumes | 新简历上这么说 |
[21:15] | – you made me pony up for. – Anyhow, he mentioned | – 你让我写的 – 无论如何 他提到了 |
[21:17] | that the two of you have been teaming up lately, | 你们最近成立组合的事情 |
[21:19] | which I find very interesting. | 这让我很感兴趣 |
[21:21] | – Teaming up? – Just at parties. | – 组合 – 只是在派对上 |
[21:23] | Just for fun. However, | 仅供娱乐 不过 |
[21:24] | have you ever thought about doing it professionally? | 你有没有想过更专业的合作 |
[21:27] | – I-I don’t understand. – Sometimes a charming, funny guy | – 我不明白 – 有时候一位迷人而风趣的男士 |
[21:30] | with a cute, dizzy broad on his arm is a good sell. | 搂着一个可爱又傻乎乎的婆娘 这样的组合可是卖点满满 |
[21:33] | – And I’m the dizzy broad? – Fine. | – 我就是那个傻乎乎的婆娘 – 好吧 |
[21:35] | I’ll be the dizzy broad and you be the charming, funny guy. | 我来当那个傻乎乎的 你来扮演风趣迷人的角色 |
[21:37] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[21:38] | So you want to do an act… with me? | 那么你是想 和我同台演出 |
[21:41] | They’re always looking for duos like us | 像我们这样的二人组总是倍受商家欢迎的 |
[21:42] | for commercials, radio, industrials. | 不管是商业广告 无线广播 还是工业股票 |
[21:45] | Company events… you tell a few jokes, | 以及各种公司活动 你可以讲笑话 |
[21:47] | you mention the product a bunch of times, | 在表演时不停地提到他们的产品 |
[21:48] | you look pretty. | 你很漂亮 |
[21:49] | You can make decent money at this. | 你可以凭这些大赚一笔 |
[21:51] | – Seriously? – We’d be a booker’s dream. | – 真的吗 – 我们会大红大紫的 |
[21:53] | Who knows, we may be the next Nichols and May. | 谁知道呢 我们也许会成为下一个尼克尔斯和梅 |
[21:57] | – You don’t know Nichols and May? – Should I? | – 你不知道尼克尔斯与梅吗 – 我应该知道吗 |
[21:59] | The next time they’re in town, you’re going. | 下次他们来镇上演出的时候 你应该去一趟 |
[22:01] | – We’re going. – Speaking of going, | – 我们要去一趟 – 说起来 |
[22:03] | I’ll leave the two of you to talk more. | 你们两个先聊 我有事先走了 |
[22:04] | Food’s on me; Keep it under a thousand bucks. | 这顿饭我请 控制在一千块以内哟 |
[22:07] | It’s been a pleasure. | 和您共餐 荣幸之至 |
[22:08] | I’ll send ten percent of my matzo balls to you, Lew. | 我会把十分之一的汤团打包寄给你 卢 |
[22:10] | And I’ll take it. | 那我欣然接受 |
[22:13] | He’s picking up our tab. | 他会付账的 |
[22:15] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[22:16] | Next time, let’s meet in the shoe department at Saks. | 下次我们改在萨克斯的鞋店见面好了 |
[22:19] | I don’t care what your fucking title is. | 我他妈才不管你的招牌上写什么 |
[22:21] | – It’s house manager. – Your dirtbag friends come in | – 这是经理的决定 – 你那群混账朋友 |
[22:22] | and sit in my section, they got to order. | 来待在我部门里 指手画脚 |
[22:24] | They don’t got to order, they’re guests of the house manager. | 他们不会指手画脚 他们只是经理的客人 |
[22:27] | Then sit them in another section. | 那就请他们去别的部门待着 |
[22:29] | There’s only one section, your section. | 可是只有一个部门 就是你的那个啊 |
[22:31] | I fucking quit, Susie. | 我他妈不干了 苏西 |
[22:32] | I’m heartbroken. | 那我会心碎的 |
[22:36] | – Gaslight. – Hey, it’s Midge. | – 你好 煤油灯 – 嗨 我是米琪 |
[22:38] | I left a bunch of messages for you with Jackie. | 我留了一堆消息 让杰基给你 |
[22:40] | – Did he give them to you? – Hang on. | – 他给你了吗 – 等下 |
[22:42] | Jackie, did you have messages from Midge for me? | 杰基 你那有没有米琪留给我的什么消息 |
[22:44] | – Possibly. -Asshole. – Asshole. | – 大概有吧 – 混蛋 – 混蛋 |
[22:47] | You can’t just throw in a random off-topic “asshole.” | 你不要老是插入话题 无缘无故骂我混蛋 |
[22:50] | An asshole has to be motivated. | 总要有个理由吧 |
[22:51] | You breathe. It’s motivated. | 你在呼吸 这就是理由 |
[22:53] | Hey, you guys have got to get a divorce. | 你俩不如离婚算了 |
[22:54] | I mean it. | 说真的 |
[22:56] | What was your message? | 你留了什么消息 |
[22:57] | I was just calling to touch base. | 我只是联系一下你 |
[23:00] | You left early the other night. | 你那天晚上走得很早 |
[23:01] | – Well, they ran out of butter. – Butter. Okay. | – 哦 那天没有黄油了 – 黄油 好吧 |
[23:03] | Well, we should get together again. | 我们应该过两天 |
[23:06] | – Soon, okay? – Yeah, sure. | – 再见一面 好吗 – 好的 |
[23:08] | Hey, what was the deal with you and that guy? | 对了 你和那个人进展如何 |
[23:11] | – What guy? You mean Randall? – I guess. | – 什么人 你是说兰道尔 – 应该是吧 |
[23:14] | We’ve been doing these bits together at parties for a while. | 我们在派对上共同表演 |
[23:16] | – They’re a big hit. – What, does he think | – 大受欢迎 – 什么 他自认为 |
[23:18] | – he’s funny or something? – He is funny. | – 很风趣或者怎样吗 – 他确实很风趣 |
[23:20] | – You’re kidding. – No. He’s a professional comedian. | – 你在开玩笑吧 – 没有 他是个专业的喜剧演员 |
[23:22] | He was even thinking we could get some work doing industrials. | 他甚至在考虑我们去为工业企业表演 |
[23:25] | – Industrials? – Yeah. | – 工业企业 – 没错 |
[23:27] | What, you’re gonna spin around on a platform hawking Buicks? | 怎么 你要在展台上面转来转去地推销别克汽车吗 |
[23:29] | What’s wrong with that? Buicks are very fine automobiles. | 那又怎么了 别克车很不错啊 |
[23:32] | Miriam, he just sold you some line | 米里亚姆 他在用花言巧语哄骗你 |
[23:34] | ’cause he wants to get in your pants. | 他不过是为了和你上床 |
[23:35] | He does not want to get in my pants. | 他不是为了和我上床 |
[23:37] | – He wants to fuck you. – He wants me to work with him.. | – 他只是想上你 – 他是想让我跟他合作 |
[23:40] | He says we’ll be like Nichols and May. | 他说我们会像尼克尔斯和梅那样 |
[23:42] | Nichols and May don’t fuck. | 尼克尔斯和梅又没有发生关系 |
[23:43] | Nichols and May totally fuck. | 他们就是发生关系了 |
[23:45] | – That’s not what he says. – I walked in on them once | – 他没这么说 – 我有一次经过的时候 |
[23:47] | in the bathroom here… even their fucking was hilarious. | 他们正在浴室里 他们做爱都很滑稽 |
[23:49] | Now you’re just being coarse and crude. | 你现在太粗鲁无礼了 |
[23:51] | Randall is totally legit. | 兰道尔是很正派的人 |
[23:53] | I met his agent and everything. | 我见过他的经纪人 还有关于他的所有 |
[23:55] | – You-you met his agent? – At the Stage Deli. | – 你 你见过他的经纪人了 – 在熟食店见的 |
[23:57] | Lew something, from William Morris. | 叫卢什么来着 威廉 莫里斯认识他 |
[24:00] | Nice guy. Bought us lunch. | 他是个不错的人 还请我们吃午餐 |
[24:02] | Susie, toilet’s broken again. | 苏西 马桶又坏了 |
[24:03] | You might want to send the house manager to manage it. | 你大概会想让经理去管理一下 |
[24:07] | You did that on purpose. | 你是故意的 |
[24:08] | Look, I got to go. | 好吧 我有事 挂了 |
[24:09] | Good luck with the Buicks. | 祝你推销别克成功 |
[24:16] | I can’t find my cuff links. | 我找不到我的袖扣了 |
[24:17] | Did you check your cuffs, Papa? | 你检查过袖口了么 爸爸 |
[24:19] | These are my Gimbels’ cuff links, my everyday cuff links. | 那是我的金伯尔袖扣 我每天都戴着它 |
[24:22] | – I need my Finchley cuff links. – Abe, you look fabulous | – 我需要我的芬奇利袖扣 – 亚伯 没有它们你 |
[24:24] | – without them. – It’s a Finchley night. | – 还是一样帅气 – 那是芬奇利夜色版 |
[24:26] | I’m gonna check the kids’ room. | 我去看下孩子们房间里有没有 |
[24:28] | The kids do not have your Finchley cuff links. | 孩子们没拿你的芬奇利袖扣 |
[24:30] | I had cuff links, your kids moved in, | 我本来有袖扣 你孩子住进来以后 |
[24:32] | I don’t have cuff links. | 我就找不到了 |
[24:33] | Draw a conclusion. | 结论很显然 |
[24:34] | Shalom! It’s Astrid! | 大家好 是我 阿斯特丽德 |
[24:36] | – Come on in, Astrid. – Hi! | – 快进来 – 嗨 |
[24:40] | Hello, you. | 你好啊 |
[24:41] | Where’s Noah? | 诺亚呢 |
[24:42] | Astrid, please let me stop the car | 阿斯特丽德 下次你能不能在我 |
[24:44] | – before you get out. – I’m sorry. | – 停好车之后再下去 – 抱歉 |
[24:45] | – We discussed this. – I couldn’t help it. | – 我们说过这个了 – 我控制不住 |
[24:47] | I-I got presents from our trip to Israel. | 我从以色列带了礼物回来 |
[24:50] | Where are Esther and Ethan? Where are my little pishers? | 伊斯和伊森呢 我的小宝贝们呢 |
[24:52] | They’re already at the babysitter’s. | 他们已经被送到保姆那里了 |
[24:53] | No. | 不要 |
[24:54] | Don’t worry, she tends to bring them back. | 别担心 保姆马上要带他们回来了 |
[24:56] | – No cuff links. – You’re looking very handsome, Abe. | – 没找到我的袖扣 – 噢 你看起来英俊潇洒 亚伯 |
[24:59] | I might as well be naked. | 我现在还不如裸奔 |
[25:01] | That’s an image we’re all happy to have. | 那我们喜闻乐见 |
[25:02] | Pop, I got my hands on the Bell Labs schematics | 爸 我从一个朋友那拿到了贝尔实验室 |
[25:04] | from a friend… lots of info, tons of specs. | 的图表 有大量的信息和说明 |
[25:06] | Study. Now. | 现在就开始研究它 |
[25:07] | He walks right past his mother? | 竟然对妈妈视而不见 |
[25:09] | Sorry, Ma. Good to see you. Mwah. Mwah. | 抱歉 妈 见到你很开心 |
[25:11] | Midget, good to see you, too. | 米琪 见到你也很开心 |
[25:13] | You I could take or leave. | 你对我可有可无 |
[25:14] | Really, Astrid, my arms are getting tired. | 阿斯特丽德 我要是拿这么多东西早就累了 |
[25:16] | – Please put those down. – It’s just that your apartment’s | – 快放下吧 – 因为你们的房子 |
[25:18] | so beautiful, and I know you like everything | 太漂亮了 而且我知道你喜欢 |
[25:20] | in a certain way, so maybe Noah can just take them | 所有东西井井有条 也许诺亚可以把这些东西 |
[25:22] | back to the car until the kids get home, or… | 先放回车子里 等孩子们回来再拿 或者 |
[25:24] | – Give this to me. – Thank you. | – 给我吧 – 谢谢 |
[25:26] | What’s in the bag? | 那个袋子里是什么 |
[25:27] | Gefilte fish. | 鱼饼冻 |
[25:28] | – My next guess. – I tried a new recipe. | – 我就知道是这个 – 我试了一种新配方 |
[25:31] | You’ll be very happy… there are no onions in this one, Rose. | 罗斯 你会很开心的 因为里面没有洋葱 |
[25:34] | “Happy” doesn’t quite describe it. | 开心不足以表达我的心情 |
[25:36] | – I’ll take it, ma’am. – Thank you, Zelda. | – 我来吧 夫人 – 谢谢 塞尔达 |
[25:38] | – You know where to… – Yes, I do. | – 你知道放到哪里吧 – 是的 我知道 |
[25:40] | Here. This is for you. | 给 这是给你的 |
[25:41] | Honestly, Astrid, you don’t have to bring us gifts | 老实说 阿斯特丽德 你不必每次去以色列 |
[25:44] | every time you go to Israel. | 都给我们带礼物 |
[25:45] | – I… – What was this, | – 我 – 这是你第几次去了 |
[25:46] | your sixth, seventh trip? | 第六 还是第七次 |
[25:48] | 11th. | 第十一次 |
[25:49] | Can’t get enough of the Holy Land. | 那片圣洁的土地 我总也逛不够 |
[25:56] | What a beautiful mezuzah. | 好漂亮的门柱圣卷 |
[25:59] | I’d never seen one that big before. | 我从来没见过那么大的 |
[26:01] | It looks like it ate all the other mezuzahs. | 它看起来好像吃掉了其他所有的同类一样 |
[26:04] | Is that bad? | 大的不好吗 |
[26:05] | – No. – I could return it. | – 没 – 我可以把它带回去 |
[26:07] | – To Israel? – Rose, Bell Labs has two cafeterias. | – 带回以色列 – 罗斯 贝尔实验室有两个自助餐厅 |
[26:11] | Different cuisines in each one. | 两个烹饪风格完全不同 |
[26:12] | I can choose. I get to choose. | 我可以选一家 我要去选一家 |
[26:14] | I better start easing them out, | 我最好去让他们冷静一下 |
[26:16] | or they’ll lose all interest in dinner. | 不然他们就对晚饭失去兴致了 |
[26:19] | I brought you a gift, too. | 我也给你带了礼物 |
[26:20] | Is it another giant mezuzah? | 又是一个大圣卷吗 |
[26:23] | It is such a stupid gift. | 这真是个糟糕的礼物 |
[26:25] | – Astrid, no. – No, Rose has a mezuzah. | – 阿斯特丽德 不是的 – 不 罗斯得到了一个门柱圣卷 |
[26:27] | You have a mezuzah. It’s not shoes… | 你也有一个 这又不是鞋子 |
[26:29] | you can’t just change them out every season. | 又不能每个季节都换 |
[26:31] | No, but if we ever move to a very big house… | 是不能 不过如果我们搬到一个很大的房子里 |
[26:33] | I just wish Rose liked me. | 我只是希望罗斯喜欢我 |
[26:35] | She likes you very much. She loves you, Astrid. | 她很喜欢你 她爱你 阿斯特丽德 |
[26:38] | – I make her nervous. – Breathing makes her nervous. | – 我让她很紧张 – 呼吸都能让她紧张起来 |
[26:40] | I thought that converting would help. | 我以为和你们信仰同一个宗教能好一点 |
[26:41] | I know that it’s hard having an outsider in your family. | 我知道对你们家来说 接纳一个外人很不容易 |
[26:44] | You are not an outsider. | 你不是外人 |
[26:45] | I heard comments at our wedding. | 我听到一些关于我们婚礼的闲言碎语 |
[26:46] | – No one commented. – “What’s up with the shiksa.” | – 没人闲言碎语 – 诺亚娶的那个非犹太姑娘 |
[26:48] | – “Noah married?” – Aunt Gertie, once. | – 是怎么回事 – 格蒂姑妈也是 |
[26:50] | I’m an outsider. I’m barren. | 我是个外人 而且我还不孕 |
[26:52] | Astrid, you’re young. | 阿斯特丽德 你还年轻 |
[26:53] | No, I’m not. I’m 30. | 不 不年轻了 我已经30岁了 |
[26:55] | We’re seeing the fertility doctor again tomorrow. | 我们明天又要去看妇科医生了 |
[26:57] | He’s one of the pioneers in cervical cap inseminations. | 他是利用子宫帽授精方面的专家 |
[27:00] | Well, everyone looks good in a cap. | 所有人戴帽子都很好看 |
[27:01] | I’m almost too afraid to go. | 我都不敢去了 |
[27:02] | I mean, what if it doesn’t work this time? | 我是说 如果这次还是没有用呢 |
[27:04] | What methods did you and Joel use to get pregnant? | 你和乔尔是怎么有孩子的 |
[27:07] | Well… sex. | 呃 做爱 |
[27:10] | Yeah, that seems to work for most people. | 好吧 看来大部分人都是通过那种方式 |
[27:13] | – Honey… – Seven years of trying. I mean, | – 亲爱的 – 我们努力了七年 我是说 |
[27:15] | what if he leaves me? | 如果他抛弃我怎么办 |
[27:16] | Noah is not going to leave you. | 诺亚不会抛弃你的 |
[27:18] | You did everything perfectly, and that yutz left you. | 你各方面都那么完美 可是你丈夫还是抛弃你了 |
[27:21] | Noah loves you. | 诺亚爱你 |
[27:23] | And I know you think he’s pretty dreamy, | 我知道你觉得他太完美了 |
[27:25] | but I’m his sister, so I can tell you the truth. | 但我是他姐姐 我可以跟你讲实话 |
[27:26] | He’s a big nerd | 他就是个 |
[27:28] | who lucked out and married up. | 碰巧走运娶对了人的呆子 |
[27:30] | – No. – Seriously. You’re saving him | – 不 – 我是认真的 你把他从 |
[27:31] | from a sad, lonely life in a lab. | 实验室里孤独寂寞的生活中解救出来 |
[27:34] | He’s not going anywhere. Okay? | 所以他哪也不会去的 好吗 |
[27:36] | – Miriam! Astrid! We’re leaving! – Okay. | – 米里亚姆 阿斯特丽德 我们该走了 – 好吧 |
[27:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:52] | This is the eighth grade, | 已经读到八年级了 |
[27:54] | and Miss Bedetsky is so overloaded | 柏黛丝基小姐承受着数学作业和考试成绩 |
[27:56] | with math homework to grade, | 的巨大压力 |
[27:58] | I offered to help. | 我主动提出给她帮忙 |
[27:59] | I was new to her class, | 我是新转到她班上的 |
[28:00] | and she thought it was cute | 她觉得一个13岁的小屁孩 |
[28:02] | that a 13-year-old would offer to help. | 要帮她的忙听起来很搞笑 |
[28:04] | The emphasis on education in the Jewish faith | 犹太教中对于教育的重视 |
[28:06] | may be the thing that I admire the most. | 可能是我最为赞赏的一点 |
[28:09] | Anyway, she let me try. | 无论如何 她让我试了一试 |
[28:11] | And I graded them perfectly… | 然后我完美地帮她打了分 |
[28:13] | without even using the key. | 甚至都不用看答案 |
[28:15] | She looked at me, astonished, and then said, | 她惊讶地看着我 然后说 |
[28:18] | “Abraham Weissman, you are a natural born” | 亚伯拉罕 魏斯曼 你是天生的 |
[28:21] | “mathematician.” | 数学家 |
[28:22] | I was so proud. | 太让我自豪了 |
[28:24] | Did you stay in touch with her? | 你跟她还有联系吗 |
[28:26] | – That moron? No. – Abe. | – 那个蠢货吗 没有 – 亚伯 |
[28:27] | What? There were mistakes she didn’t find | 什么 她那天改的试卷里面 |
[28:30] | in the papers she graded that day. | 有错误她都没发现 |
[28:31] | So I corrected them and immediately transferred | 我把它们都改正过来后就立刻 |
[28:34] | – out of her class. – He couldn’t just stop | – 转班了 – 他不知道 |
[28:35] | at the nice part… he just, he had to keep going. | 适可而止 他一定要继续说 |
[28:37] | She left the school after that, on my recommendation. | 那次之后她就辞职了 我建议的 |
[28:39] | I would like to propose a toast. | 我们来举杯吧 |
[28:41] | I have never understood | 我长这么大从来没听懂过 |
[28:43] | what Abe Weissman was talking about ever in my life. | 亚伯 魏斯曼说的话是什么意思 |
[28:46] | One time I made the mistake of asking about his day. | 有一回我真不该问他那天过得怎么样 |
[28:48] | 45 minutes later, he was still talking, | 45分钟过去了 他还说个不停 |
[28:50] | but I had taken to my bed. | 而我已经回房睡觉去了 |
[28:51] | So for both of our sakes, | 所以为了我们俩好 |
[28:54] | I’m very glad that he’s finally found | 我很高兴他终于找到了 |
[28:56] | some people who truly speak his language. | 真正和他有共同语言的人 |
[28:59] | And apparently whatever he’s been saying is very impressive. | 而且很显然 不管他说的是什么其实都很令人倾佩 |
[29:01] | So please join me in toasting my father, | 让我们一起祝贺我的父亲 |
[29:04] | – the great Abe Weissman. – Cheers. | – 致伟大的亚伯魏斯曼 – 干杯 |
[29:07] | L’chaim! | 干杯(希伯来语) |
[29:23] | – What do we do? – We should leave. | – 怎么办 – 我们走吧 |
[29:25] | – We’re not leaving. – He’s practically on top of us. | – 我们不走 – 他几乎和我们正对着 |
[29:26] | Wait, is that the secretary? | 等会 她就是那个秘书吗 |
[29:28] | There are a thousand restaurants | 城里面有上千家餐厅 |
[29:29] | in the city… what are the odds? | 能遇到的几率有多大 |
[29:30] | One in sixteen thousand, four hundred fifty… | 百分之零点零一万六千分四百四十 |
[29:32] | Twelve thousand, three hundred… | 是百分之零点零一万二千三百 |
[29:33] | I’m taking into account weather effects, | 我把天气因素都考虑进来了 |
[29:35] | that some restaurants are closed on Mondays… | 有些餐厅星期一不开门 |
[29:36] | Yeah, yeah, but I’m calculating differentials in geography, | 没错 但我算的是地理位置上 质量上的 |
[29:38] | – quality… – We get it, guys, the odds are low. | – 差异性 – 我们懂了 两位 几率很低 |
[29:40] | She doesn’t even look Jewish. | 她看起来甚至都不像是犹太人 |
[29:41] | – Is she Jewish or…? – We should leave. | – 她是犹太人还是 – 我们走吧 |
[29:43] | Papa, this is your celebration. | – 爸爸 今晚是你的庆祝宴 |
[29:44] | Don’t let him ruin it. | 别被他扫兴 |
[29:45] | I couldn’t find my Finchley cuff links. | 怪不得我找不着我的芬奇利袖扣 |
[29:47] | It was an omen. I should have heeded it. | 这是个预兆 我应该注意到的 |
[29:49] | Papa, your cuff links were not an omen. | 爸爸 你的袖扣丢了不是预兆 |
[29:50] | Her ankles are the same size as her calves. | 她的脚踝跟她的小腿一样粗 |
[29:51] | Okay, if we’re gonna stay, we should probably | 够了 如果我们要留下来 我们应该 |
[29:53] | figure out something else to be talking… | 聊个别的话题 |
[29:57] | We should go. | 我们还是走吧 |
[29:58] | Put the egg rolls in your purse. | 把蛋卷放进你的包里 |
[29:59] | – My purse is silk. – Fine. | – 我的包是丝绸做的 – 好吧 |
[30:01] | Anyone with pockets, grab a roll. | 有口袋的人 装个蛋卷走 |
[30:03] | – I’ll get us a cab. – We should walk. | – 我去打辆车 – 我们走回去吧 |
[30:05] | – I’m in heels. – Fine, we’re getting a cab. | – 我穿着高跟呢 – 好吧 我们打车回去 |
[30:07] | – Noah, get us a cab. – Okay. | – 诺亚 去叫辆车 – 好的 |
[30:14] | Taxi! | 的士 |
[30:16] | – Taxi? – Hey. Taxi! | – 的士 – 嘿 的士 |
[30:19] | – Midge. – Joel, please… | – 米琪 – 乔尔 拜托 |
[30:20] | – I’m sorry. – It’s okay. | – 我很抱歉 – 没关系 |
[30:22] | – I didn’t know you’d be here. – How could you? | – 我不知道你会在这 – 是的 |
[30:23] | – I didn’t know you came here. – We don’t. We never have. | – 我不知道你来了 – 没有 我们从来没来过 |
[30:26] | I’ve been steering clear of Barney Greengrass and Zabar’s. | 格林格拉斯餐厅和拉巴超市的人都避开我 |
[30:28] | I go all the way over to the East Side | 我大老远跑到东区去 |
[30:30] | just to buy a pack of cigarettes. | 只是为了买包烟 |
[30:31] | We’re celebrating. It’s a special occasion. | 我们在庆祝 是个特别的聚餐 |
[30:33] | My father got a job at Bell Labs. | 我父亲要到贝尔实验室工作了 |
[30:34] | Bell Labs? Wow, that’s terrific. He finally got it. | 贝尔实验室吗 哇 太棒了 他终于如愿以偿 |
[30:37] | It’s a special occasion. That-That’s all. | 一个特别的聚餐 仅此而已 |
[30:38] | I’ll never come here again. | 我再也不会来这里了 |
[30:39] | We’ll never come here again. | 我们再也不会来这了 |
[30:40] | I’m sorry. I just… | 我很抱歉 我只是 |
[30:43] | I didn’t mean to spoil the night. | 我不是有意要破坏你们今晚的兴致 |
[30:45] | You didn’t. It’s… | 你没有 |
[30:57] | You should go back inside. | 你应该回里面去了 |
[31:02] | Tell your… | 告诉你的 |
[31:05] | That’s great… | 太棒了 |
[31:07] | about Bell Labs. | 去贝尔实验室 |
[31:23] | And this is Rabbi Schneerson. | 这是拉比 施内尔森 |
[31:25] | A very good man, but that card’s in every pack, | 一个非常伟大的人 每个包裹里都有这张卡 |
[31:27] | so no one will trade you for him. | 所以没人会找你要走他 |
[31:29] | Capers and mustard. | 酸豆和芥末 |
[31:30] | That’s it for things I recognize in here. | 冰箱里我只认得这两样东西 |
[31:32] | We should have taken the champagne. | 我们应该把香槟也带走的 |
[31:34] | – It was already poured. – That’s why God invented funnels. | – 它已经开封了 – 这就是为什么上帝创造了漏斗 |
[31:36] | No, wait, I see cottage cheese. | 等会 我找到了白软干酪 |
[31:38] | – I like cottage cheese. – You got a Hirchensohn! | – 我喜欢白软干酪 – 这张是Hirchensohn |
[31:40] | Chief rabbi of Hoboken! | 霍博肯的拉比领袖 |
[31:42] | Have you ever seen a Hirchensohn? | 你见过Hirchensohn的圣卷吗 |
[31:44] | To be honest, I’ve never seen rabbi trading cards. | 说实话 我从来没见过拉比会交易卡片 |
[31:46] | One of the wonders of Israel. | 犹太人的一大奇观 |
[31:48] | That and Shabbat on a kibbutz. | 另一奇观是在基布兹集体农场上过安息日 |
[31:50] | Okay, this might be soup or gravy. I don’t know. | 好了 这碗可能是汤或者肉汁 我不知道 |
[31:51] | It’s a container of brown… should we try it? | 一碗褐色的汤或汁 谁想喝 |
[31:53] | This is no longer cottage cheese. | 这也不是白软干酪了 |
[31:55] | I can’t believe someone actually came in here | 我简直不敢相信真的有人进来这里 |
[31:57] | to steal the gefilte fish… we could be eating that. | 偷走了鱼饼冻 不然我们现在就能吃上了 |
[31:59] | – Astonishing. – You sure it’s not here? | – 令人震惊 – 你确定不在这里吗 |
[32:02] | – I looked. – We looked. | – 我找过了 – 我们找过了 |
[32:04] | Can I go to bed now? | 我可以去睡觉了吗 |
[32:05] | Of course, sweetie. | 当然可以 亲爱的 |
[32:07] | Here, I’ll take you. And I can sneak in | 来 我带你去 我可以顺便潜进去 |
[32:10] | and steal a little kiss for my baby Esther. | 偷偷亲一下埃丝特宝贝了 |
[32:11] | No, the baby just went to sleep, Astrid. | 不 宝宝才刚睡着 阿斯特丽德 |
[32:13] | I promise you can kiss her in the morning. | 我保证你明天早上就可以亲她了 |
[32:14] | Good night, Ethan. Sweet dreams. | 晚安 伊森 好梦 |
[32:16] | Cookies. I found cookies. | 饼干 我找到饼干 |
[32:19] | Ignore what your brother says… | 甭管你弟弟说的话了 |
[32:20] | you are officially my favorite. | 我宣布你是我最爱的孩子 |
[32:23] | It’s not going to last. | 不会长久的 |
[32:25] | – What’s not? – Joel and that woman. | – 什么不会长久 – 乔尔和那个女人 |
[32:27] | I saw him check his watch. Twice. | 我看到他看表了 两次 |
[32:30] | – Mama, don’t… – Trust me. | – 妈妈 别 – 相信我 |
[32:32] | That girl is on her way out. | 那个女孩要出局了 |
[32:44] | You with the stars in your eyes… ♪ | ♪ 你的双眸在闪烁 ♪ |
[32:47] | Cookie for a smoke? | 来块饼干换根烟吗 |
[32:51] | If the parents catch us, this was your idea. | 如果被爸妈发现了 都是你的主意 |
[32:54] | ♪ You used to be ♪ | ♪ 你曾经是 ♪ |
[32:54] | Yeah, yeah. | 好 好 |
[32:56] | Too wise ♪ | ♪ 那么聪颖 ♪ |
[33:02] | Hey there… ♪ | ♪ 嘿 ♪ |
[33:04] | What a dinner? | 今晚那顿饭真够呛 |
[33:06] | What? Did something unusual happen? | 怎么 有什么异常状况吗 |
[33:08] | I wasn’t paying attention. | 我当时没留意 |
[33:09] | I still can’t believe you and Joel split. | 我还是不相信你跟乔尔分开了 |
[33:12] | Wasn’t my plan, believe me. | 我也没想过 相信我 |
[33:13] | It’s so disappointing. I really liked the guy. | 太令人失望了 我以前挺喜欢他的 |
[33:15] | God, and that girl he was with. | 天啊 还有他旁边那女的 |
[33:17] | When I saw that, I thought, “I should hit him.” | 我看到他 我就在想 我要去揍他 |
[33:20] | And I would’ve. | 我差点就去了 |
[33:21] | But then I remembered once we were joking around, | 但我想起那次我们在开玩笑 |
[33:23] | and I sort of fake-punched his arm… | 我假装打了他手臂一拳 |
[33:26] | Broke my pinkie. | 撞折了我的小手指 |
[33:27] | – What? – He didn’t look that big, | – 什么 – 他看起来不壮 |
[33:29] | but his arm was like a brick wall. | 但他的手臂像砖墙那样结实 |
[33:31] | – Yeah, he had strong arms. – It was humiliating. | – 是啊 他的手臂很结实 – 太丢人了 |
[33:33] | The next day at work I had to make up a story | 隔天上班我不得不编故事 |
[33:35] | – about being mugged in the park. – You never told me any of this. | – 说我在公园遭抢劫了 – 你没告诉过我这些 |
[33:38] | Well… it wasn’t my most… | 这还不算是我最 |
[33:40] | manly anecdote. | 男子气概的轶事 |
[33:45] | I sure hate that he hurt you, boy. | 我真的恨他伤了你心 唉 |
[33:50] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[33:52] | Make sure the next guy you get involved with | 下次记得找个 |
[33:54] | has very weak upper body strength. | 上身力量很弱的男人 |
[33:55] | – Of course. – I’d like to defend your honor. | – 一定会 – 我想为你出头 |
[33:57] | – I’d appreciate that. – But I have to be able | – 我很感激 – 但我要在隔天 |
[33:58] | to hold a pen the next day. | 能抓稳一支笔 |
[34:01] | Noah, listen, you got to do me a favor, okay? | 诺亚 听着 你要帮我一个忙 好吗 |
[34:04] | Anything. | 随时效劳 |
[34:05] | Don’t leave Astrid. | 别抛弃阿斯特丽德 |
[34:06] | My God. I’m not gonna leave Astrid. | 我的天 我不会抛弃阿斯特丽德的 |
[34:08] | – She thinks you are. – I’m not. | – 她觉得你会 – 我不会 |
[34:10] | I’ve told her a million times I’m not. | 我跟她说过无数次了 我不会的 |
[34:11] | – She’s worried about h… – Kids. I know, she’s obsessed with it. | – 她担心 – 孩子 我知道她很喜欢孩子 |
[34:13] | I don’t care if we have kids. I want a dog. | 我不在乎我们有没有孩子 我想养只狗 |
[34:15] | She’s driving herself crazy. | 她快把自己逼疯了 |
[34:16] | She’s driving me crazy. | 她快把我逼疯了 |
[34:18] | I don’t know what to do with her. | 我不知道该拿她怎么办 |
[34:20] | When she gets something in her head… | 每当她脑子里冒出什么想法 |
[34:21] | like the whole converting thing. | 比如说改变信仰这件事 |
[34:22] | She had to sign up for the accelerated conversion package. | 她一定要报名参加转变信仰的速成套餐 |
[34:25] | Goy to Jew in three weeks or less. | 不到三周内从异教徒成为犹太人 |
[34:26] | Classes, rituals, and weird baths in basements, | 课程 典礼 还有地下室奇怪的洗礼 |
[34:29] | and, my God, so much challah. | 还有 我的天 这么多白面包 |
[34:30] | – I remember. – All to impress Mama. | – 我记得 – 所有这些都为了讨好妈妈 |
[34:32] | Who doesn’t eat bread. | 不吃面包的妈妈 |
[34:33] | And if I have to go to Israel | 如果要我去以色列 |
[34:35] | – one more time… – Just, please, | – 再多一次 – 就 拜托了 |
[34:37] | till death do you part. | 要至死不渝 |
[34:40] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[34:42] | She’s a lucky gal. | 她是个幸运的姑娘 |
[34:46] | I should get back in. | 我该回屋里了 |
[34:48] | I’m playing hooky. | 我这是无故旷工 |
[34:53] | Hey, your old turntable. | 嘿 这你的旧唱机 |
[34:56] | And some really dirty comedy albums. | 还有色情喜剧唱片 |
[34:58] | Don’t tell Mama. | 别告诉妈妈 |
[35:00] | Vestiges of Joel? | 乔尔落下的吗 |
[35:01] | Nope, they’re mine. | 不是 是我的 |
[35:04] | You know… | 你知道 |
[35:05] | I never did get his thing for comedy. | 我从来不懂他为什么要做喜剧 |
[35:08] | One time we came to see him, he didn’t seem that funny. | 有一回我们去看他表演 他看起来也不是那么有趣 |
[35:10] | You’re the funny one. | 你才是有趣的那个 |
[35:12] | You’ve always been the funny one. | 你一直都是有趣的那个 |
[35:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[35:16] | Astrid kissed the baby. | 阿斯特丽德亲了你的宝宝 |
[35:18] | It was inevitable. | 躲不过的 |
[35:25] | The food was good. | 晚餐真好吃 |
[35:28] | I wonder if there really was a General Tso. | 我在想左宗棠鸡里是不是真的有左宗棠 |
[35:40] | You get out. | 你自己下车吧 |
[35:42] | I, have to go back to the office for a while. | 我要回办公室一趟 |
[35:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:53] | Don’t wait up. | 别等我了 |
[36:08] | Who the hell are you? | 你是哪位 |
[36:10] | Susie Myerson. Nice to meet you. | 苏西 梅耶森 很高兴见到你 |
[36:12] | The, African masks seem out of place. | 这个非洲面具感觉有点格格不入 |
[36:14] | – How did you get in here? – Are you kidding me? | – 你怎么进来的 – 这还用问吗 |
[36:16] | The entire William Morris Agency goes to lunch from 1:00 to 2:00. | – 所有威廉 莫里斯公司的人都在一点到两点去吃中饭 |
[36:18] | Agents, secretaries, security, the janitor. | 经纪人 秘书 保安 门卫 |
[36:20] | I could’ve done naked cartwheels down the corridor | 我在走廊上裸奔都可以 |
[36:22] | and no one would have stopped me. | 没有人会来拦我 |
[36:24] | What is it with you people and lunch? | 你们这些人怎么都要吃中饭 |
[36:25] | – Don’t any of you eat breakfast? – Get out from behind my desk. | – 就没有人会吃早餐吗 – 从我座位上起来 |
[36:28] | I-I’m sorry, you don’t like people behind your desk? | 很抱歉 你不喜欢别人抢你的位置吗 |
[36:31] | Tell you what. I won’t get behind your desk | 猜怎么着 我不会抢你的位置 |
[36:34] | if you won’t get behind mine. | 只要你不枪我的 |
[36:36] | Okay, I’m calling security. | 够了 我要叫保安了 |
[36:37] | Forget it, Lew. I cut the lines. | 算了吧 卢 我把电话线都剪断了 |
[36:40] | You what? | 你说什么 |
[36:41] | I didn’t cut the lines. Just wanted to sound like | 我没有剪断电话线 我只不过一时 |
[36:44] | I was in a Bogart picture for a second. It was kind of cool. | 沉浸在了鲍嘉的电影里 挺酷的 |
[36:46] | Who the fuck are you? | 你他妈到底是谁 |
[36:49] | You handle a guy, Randall something. | 你代理的一个家伙 叫什么兰德尔 |
[36:50] | I don’t know the last name. He’s a client of yours, right? | 我不知道他姓什么 你是他经纪人 对吧 |
[36:53] | Introduced you to a woman named Midge Maisel? | 他把一个叫米琪 麦瑟尔的女人介绍了你认识 |
[36:55] | Yeah, so? | 没错 然后呢 |
[36:57] | So? Midge Maisel’s a client of mine. | 然后 我是米琪 麦瑟尔的经纪人 |
[36:59] | – You’re her rep? – Yup. | – 你是她的代理人 – 没错 |
[37:01] | And she doesn’t need a William Morris agent | 而且她目前不需要 |
[37:02] | in her life right now. She’s got everything she needs with me. | 一个来自威廉 莫里斯的经纪人 她有我在就够了 |
[37:05] | And who are you, to be telling me this? | 那你是哪来的 告诉我这些 |
[37:07] | Lew, we both know what a place like this does with someone | 卢 我们都清楚要怎么利用 |
[37:10] | like Midge… a girl comic, good-looking, | 像米琪这样的人 一个女喜剧演员 长得好看 |
[37:13] | just starting out, can’t sing. | 刚上道 不会唱歌 |
[37:15] | You meet ’em at the deli, like you did, all casual-like. | 你们在熟食店碰面 像你说的 一切都很随意 |
[37:18] | And then you schedule a fancy lunch… there’s always lunch… | 然后你会筹备一顿昂贵的午餐 总是有这样的午餐 |
[37:21] | talk to ’em about their hopes and their dreams, | 不断灌输她们希望 还有她们的梦想 |
[37:23] | you promise them everything, you deliver nothing, | 你承诺了一切 可你根本不会兑现 |
[37:25] | and then you dump ’em if lightning doesn’t strike | 而且如果她们在亮相五分钟内没有惊艳全场 |
[37:27] | within the first five minutes. | 你就会抛弃她们 |
[37:28] | She does not need you. | 她不需要你 |
[37:30] | She does not need Randall. She needs me. | 她不需要兰德尔 她需要的是我 |
[37:32] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 是吗 – 是 |
[37:33] | What kind of contract you got with her? | 你能帮她拉到什么人脉 |
[37:34] | Same kind of contract you got with your nuts… | 你能帮你那班混蛋们拿到的同样的人脉 |
[37:36] | there’s two of us and we’re attached. | 我们两个人强强联手 |
[37:38] | And if you ever go near Midge again, | 要是你再敢靠近米琪 |
[37:40] | I will make it my life’s mission to take you | 我就把你还有这整栋楼都毁掉 |
[37:42] | and this entire building down. | 做不到我决不罢休 |
[37:46] | And… here’s my card. | 还有 这是我的名片 |
[37:50] | In case you need it someday. | 以防你哪天会需要 |
[38:13] | Babka. | 婆婆蛋糕 |
[38:14] | – Bourbon. – I like that combination. | – 波旁威士忌酒 – 我喜欢这个组合 |
[38:16] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[38:19] | It’s excellent toasted with a little butter, | 一级棒的黄油烤蛋糕 |
[38:21] | if you’re so inclined. | 如果你喜欢的话 |
[38:23] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[38:25] | I like what you’ve done with the place. | 我喜欢你把房子打理成这样 |
[38:27] | – Do you? – Yes. It looks… | – 是吗 – 是的 看起来 |
[38:30] | What shall we toast to? | 我们要庆祝什么呢 |
[38:32] | Not yet. I want to talk first. | 还没 我想先说几句 |
[38:34] | Okay. Sounds serious. | 好吧 听起来挺严肃的 |
[38:35] | – You got a phone. – I did. | – 你买了个电话 – 没错 |
[38:37] | You said you didn’t get the phone. | 你说你没有电话 |
[38:39] | Yeah, well, I’m a cockeyed optimist. | 是啊 我是个荒诞的乐天派 |
[38:41] | So, how you doing? | 你过得怎么样 |
[38:43] | I’m fine. | 我挺好的 |
[38:44] | Good. Good. So you’re not insane? | 很好 很好 所以你没有精神失常 |
[38:47] | – I don’t think so. – ‘Cause you seem insane. | – 我想我没有 – 因为你看起来像精神失常 |
[38:49] | What are you talking about? | 你在说些什么 |
[38:50] | This party circuit thing you’ve got going on, | 你在做的这些派对巡回 |
[38:52] | I don’t know what you really think it is, | 我不知道你把它们当作什么 |
[38:54] | but it’s not stand-up. | 但这不是单口相声 |
[38:55] | It’s not a gig, it’s a party. | 这不是喜剧表演 只是派对罢了 |
[38:58] | Yeah? You are not getting paid, you are not getting booked, | 懂吗 没有人会付钱给你 没有人会找你预约 |
[39:01] | and those people are not a real audience… | 而且那些人都不是真正的观众 |
[39:02] | they are politely nodding at you while they drink free booze, | 他们不过是在免费痛饮时礼貌地对你点点头 |
[39:05] | and then they talk about the crazy lady | 回家后就在议论那个 |
[39:07] | who wouldn’t shut up the whole night. | 一晚上说个不停的疯女人 |
[39:08] | I know they’re not real gigs. | 我知道这些都不是真的表演 |
[39:10] | Do you? ‘Cause it doesn’t seem like it. | 你知道吗 我看不像 |
[39:12] | – And second of all… – There was no first of all. | – 而且第二点 – 刚刚没有说第一点 |
[39:14] | You do not need a goddamn man at your side to do this. | 你不需要一个该死的男人跟你搭档 |
[39:17] | What the hell are you thinking? | 你到底怎么想的 |
[39:18] | You really want to be some second-rate Nichols and May? | 你们想成为二流尼科尔斯和梅吗 |
[39:21] | ‘Cause there’s already a first-rate Nichols and May. | 因为已经有一流的尼科尔斯和梅了 |
[39:23] | It’s fuckin’ Nichols and May. | 他们可是尼科尔斯和梅 |
[39:24] | Now, you could be an original, but you are fucking it all up | 你本来可以当原版的 但你这些荒诞的 |
[39:27] | with this cockamamie alternate universe party bullshit. | 派对世界巡演把一切都搞砸了 |
[39:31] | You want to do this?! | 这是你想做的吗 |
[39:32] | – Yes. – Do you? | – 是的 – 真的吗 |
[39:34] | – Yes! – Well, I can’t tell anymore. | – 没错 – 我真的无语了 |
[39:36] | You want me to get rid of the phone, ’cause I can get rid | 你要我把电话扔了吗 我可以把它 |
[39:37] | – of the phone. – Do not get rid of the phone. | – 扔掉 – 别扔电话 |
[39:39] | I don’t need to have a goddamn phone. | 我不需要这个该死的电话 |
[39:40] | I don’t have anybody I have to call. | 我没有任何人可联系 |
[39:41] | I got that phone for you, | 我是为了你才搞来这个电话 |
[39:43] | for this partnership that I thought we were starting. | 为了我以为我们已经开始的合作 |
[39:46] | – We are. – Does your new agent know that? | – 我们是开始了合作 – 那你新的经纪人知道吗 |
[39:48] | He’s… not my… | 他不是 我的 |
[39:49] | You do not meet with any agents | 你再也不能私自去 |
[39:52] | without me knowing about it, ever. | 见别的经纪人了 从今以后 |
[39:54] | I did not know he was gonna be there. I swear. | 我不知道他会在那里 我发誓 |
[39:56] | Bullshit! You’re not an idiot! | 放屁 你不是个白痴 |
[39:59] | Just drop this doe-eyed Bambi thing right now. | 立马给我打住这双小鹿斑比般天真无邪的眼神 |
[40:01] | Okay, I’m so sick of you acting all innocent, | 我受够了你装作很无辜的样子 |
[40:04] | “I don’t know how the world works ’cause I’m a housewife, | 我对外面的世界一窍不通因为我是个家庭主妇 |
[40:07] | and I wear four layers of petticoats.” | 我还穿着四层衬裙 |
[40:08] | It is tired and it is weak, | 太累太软弱了 |
[40:10] | and you are not tired and you are not fucking weak. | 你不累 而且你他妈一点都不软弱 |
[40:13] | And if you want to be a comic, | 如果你想成为一个喜剧演员 |
[40:15] | you are gonna have to grow the fuck up right now! | 你就他妈的立刻给我长大 |
[40:25] | I’m sorry. I… | 我很抱歉 我 |
[40:29] | I don’t know what to do lately. | 我最近很迷茫 |
[40:30] | I’m… I’m trying to be strong and independent, | 我试着变得强大和独立 |
[40:33] | but I saw Joel the other night, and he was with her, | 但那晚我碰到乔尔了 他和她在一起 |
[40:36] | and every time I think I can breathe again, I can’t. | 而且每次当我以为可以挺过去 结果不能 |
[40:38] | And I’m-I’m trying to get it right. | 我试着让自己走出来 |
[40:40] | I’m trying to figure it out. | 我试着让自己想明白 |
[40:42] | I know the parties aren’t gigs. | 我知道派对不是喜剧表演 |
[40:44] | I know I’m not really doing stand-up. | 我知道我不是真的在做单口相声 |
[40:46] | I don’t want to be a second-rate Nichols and May. | 我不想成为二流的尼科尔斯和梅 |
[40:48] | I’d never even heard of Nichols and May. | 我甚至没听说过尼科尔斯和梅 |
[40:49] | And I’ve got news for you. | 而且我告诉你 |
[40:51] | If you’re gonna be a personal manager, | 如果你要做私人经纪人 |
[40:53] | then sometimes you’re gonna have to deal with the personal. | 那么有时候你就要处理个人私事 |
[40:55] | And this… | 而这 |
[40:57] | is personal. | 就是我个人 |
[40:59] | All of this. | 浑身上下 |
[41:00] | And it’s not just deals and lectures. | 不是只有协议和教训 |
[41:03] | Sometimes you’re gonna have to buy some Kleenex | 有时候你要帮我买些克里奈克斯纸巾 |
[41:05] | and let me cry and pat me on the back | 让我哭出来 拍拍我的背 |
[41:07] | – and say, “There, there.” – Okay, that’s not really my… | – 然后说 好啦 好啦 – 好吧 我可能不 |
[41:09] | You’re gonna have to listen to me talk about my husband, | 你会听到我讲起我的丈夫 |
[41:11] | and my kids. | 还有我的孩子 |
[41:13] | – Both of ’em? – Yes. Both of them. | – 他们两个吗 – 没错 两个都讲 |
[41:16] | And you are gonna have to stop backing away from me | 而且你不能在我觉得世界崩塌的时候 |
[41:19] | when I feel like my life is falling apart. | 再躲开我了 |
[41:22] | You are gonna have to tell me I’m good when I’m not. | 我做的不好你也要说我好 |
[41:25] | – You want me to lie? – Yes! | – 你要我说谎吗 – 没错 |
[41:27] | That is what managers do! | 这就是经纪人该做的事情 |
[41:29] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[41:43] | There, there. | 好啦 好啦 |
[41:47] | Better? | 好点了吗 |
[41:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:54] | Better. | 好点了 |
[41:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:57] | Tomorrow… | 明天 |
[41:59] | we’re gonna sign some fuckin’ paperwork. | 我们要签些该死的文件 |
[42:04] | The last few signatures. I promise. | 最后几个签名了 我保证 |
[42:06] | Responsibility is often | 责任通常都伴随着 |
[42:08] | – accompanied by excessive paperwork. – And how. | – 过度的文书工作 – 的确 |
[42:11] | Especially when the government’s involved. | 尤其是牵涉了政府的时候 |
[42:13] | If you’d asked me a week ago, I would not have put money | 如果是一周前 我还不敢打赌 |
[42:15] | on us sitting here today. | 我们今天会坐在这见面 |
[42:16] | Well, I had to shuffle quite a few things around, | 我也是挣扎了良久 |
[42:18] | make some tough compromises, and you seemed so desperate. | 做了些艰难的妥协 而且你看起来那么迫切 |
[42:22] | We are thrilled, believe me. | 我们太激动了 相信我 |
[42:24] | All your background checks are completed. You sailed through | 完成了所有关于你的背景调查工作 你比大多数人 |
[42:27] | – faster than most. – Very good. | – 都要快完成 – 太好了 |
[42:28] | Now, there’s just the final government clearance. | 接下来 就等政府的最终许可了 |
[42:30] | It’s somewhat more intensive, but it should go smoothly, too. | 虽然更加繁琐 但是应该也会很顺利 |
[42:34] | The only possible bump I see | 我看唯一棘手的可能就是 |
[42:35] | would be your daughter’s arrests. | 你女儿的几个逮捕案件 |
[42:38] | Her arrests? | 她的逮捕案件 |
[42:40] | We know, a couple of misdemeanors, she pled guilty. | 我们都知道只是几件轻罪 她已经认罪了 |
[42:42] | It shouldn’t be too big a problem. | 应该不是什么大问题 |
[42:44] | Right. Yes. | 对 没错 |
[42:46] | Young people go through these phases, right? | 年轻人都会经历这些阶段 对吧 |
[42:48] | Yes, young people go through phases. | 对 年轻人都会经历这些阶段 |
[42:51] | Things I did in college, it’s amazing my parents | 我在大学时做过的事 让我父母惊讶到 |
[42:53] | still talk to me. | 直到现在还会跟我提起 |
[42:56] | We’ll ease you in the first couple of days. | 刚开始我们会先让你缓几天 |
[42:58] | One of us will take you on a tour of the facility, | 我们的人会带你参观一下设备 |
[43:01] | get you oriented. | 让你适应环境 |
[43:02] | Might be me, might be my colleague, Sven. | 或许是我 或许是我的同事 斯文 |
[43:04] | Sven is a great fellow. | 斯文是个很棒的同事 |
[43:05] | I was cornered by Mrs. Klaviter today… | 我今天为克拉维特夫人感到无地自容 |
[43:08] | Ever since she kicked Junie Paul in the shins, | 自从她踢了茹涅 保罗的小腿之后 |
[43:09] | – I run when I see her. – She starts telling me this story | – 我一看到她就跑 – 她开始给我讲 |
[43:12] | about her mother’s health. | 关于她妈妈健康的故事 |
[43:13] | And right as she says she’s only got a month to live, | 当她讲到她只剩最后一个月的时候 |
[43:15] | the baby starts laughing. | 宝宝就开始笑了 |
[43:17] | I tell you, it was the world’s longest pause. | 我跟你讲 那是世界上最长的停顿了 |
[43:21] | But then, Mrs. Klaviter laughed, too. | 但后来克拉维特夫人也笑了 |
[43:23] | Turns out, she hates her mother and thinks Esther’s a delight. | 原来她恨她的母亲 还觉得埃丝特很讨喜 |
[43:29] | What? | 怎么了 |
[43:35] | What ever happened to Junie Paul? | 茹涅 保罗发生过什么事 |
[43:37] | I wonder if she ever married. | 她结过婚吗 |
[43:39] | I would think. | 我也想知道 |
[43:40] | She just needed to keep her hair long enough | 她要把头发留长 |
[43:42] | – to cover those ears. – They were enormous, | – 直到能把耳朵盖住 – 她的耳朵太大了 |
[43:44] | but she could hear someone whispering | 但她可以隔着一个球场 |
[43:45] | from across a football field. I’m kidding. | 听到另一边有人说悄悄话 开玩笑的 |
[43:47] | I was fun. | 我是有趣的 |
[43:48] | I planned theme nights, | 我策划主题晚会 |
[43:49] | I dressed in costumes, | 我穿化妆服 |
[43:51] | I gave him kids, a boy and a girl! | 我给他生孩子 一男一女 |
[43:53] | And yes, our little girl is looking | 没错 我们的小女儿看起来 |
[43:55] | more and more like Winston Churchill | 越来越像温斯顿 邱吉尔 |
[43:56] | every day, with the big… | 每天 顶着一个大 |
[43:58] | Yalta-head? But that’s not a reason to leave, right? | 雅尔塔市般大的头 但这也不能是他离开的理由 对吧 |
[44:01] | Really? Really? After what I just said about the bathroom? | 真的吗 真的吗 我才刚吐槽完厕所 |
[44:03] | It’s like she’s having a breakdown. | 听起来她像是崩溃了 |
[44:05] | – But it’s hysterical. – It’s amazing. | – 但是太好笑了 – 是很精彩 |
[44:07] | Walk of shame! | 蒙羞离场 |
[44:09] | It’s total improv. | 这是百分百的即兴创作 |
[44:11] | Nah, this had to be written. | 不对 这肯定是有备稿的 |
[44:12] | And I showed him I loved him. | 我向他展示了我对他的爱 |
[44:15] | All that shit they say about Jewish girls… | 他们对犹太女孩说的那些屁话 |
[44:17] | Well, whatever it is, it’s genius. | 无论如何 真是天才 |
[44:19] | – Pure genius. – And you don’t know who she is? | – 十足的天才 – 你不知道她是谁吗 |
[44:22] | All we know is she’s married to some guy named Joel, | 我们只知道她嫁给了一个叫乔尔的男人 |
[44:24] | and she lives uptown. | 而且她住在上城区 |
[44:25] | Let’s dub a hundred and see where it goes. | 刻录一百张出来看看销量如何 |
[44:29] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 我不敢相信这真的发生了 |
[44:31] | I can’t believe I’m losing him to Penny Pann. | 我不敢相信他为了潘妮 潘离我而去 |
[44:34] | That’s her name. Terrible right? | 这是她的名字 太难听了对吧 |
[44:36] | Penny Pann! | 潘妮 潘 |
[44:38] | Penny Pann. | 潘妮 潘 |
[44:40] | Penny Pann! | 潘妮 潘 |
[44:58] | Can you hear them? ♪ | ♪ 你听到他们了吗 ♪ |
[45:00] | They talk about us ♪ | ♪ 他们在谈论我们 ♪ |
[45:02] | Telling lies ♪ | ♪ 满嘴谎言 ♪ |
[45:03] | Well, that’s no surprise ♪ | ♪ 毫无新意 ♪ |
[45:05] | Can you see them? ♪ | ♪ 你看到他们了吗 ♪ |
[45:07] | See right through them ♪ | ♪ 把他们都识破 ♪ |
[45:10] | They have no shield, nothing gets too revealed ♪ | ♪ 他们一点也不遮掩 他们什么也得不到 ♪ |
[45:13] | It doesn’t matter what they say ♪ | ♪ 他们说什么都无所谓 ♪ |
[45:17] | In the jealous games people play ♪ | ♪ 这是人们都热衷的嫉妒游戏 ♪ |
[45:23] | Our lips are sealed ♪ | ♪ 我们什么也不说 ♪ |
[45:36] | Hush, my darling ♪ | ♪ 嘘 我亲爱的 ♪ |
[45:39] | Don’t you cry ♪ | ♪ 别再哭泣 ♪ |
[45:43] | Quiet, angel ♪ | ♪ 安静 小天使 ♪ |
[45:47] | Forget their lies ♪ | ♪ 忘了他们的谎言 ♪ |
[45:50] | Can you hear them? ♪ | ♪ 你能听见他们吗 ♪ |
[45:52] | They talk about us ♪ | ♪ 他们在谈论我们 ♪ |
[45:54] | Telling lies ♪ | ♪ 满嘴谎言 ♪ |
[45:55] | Well, that’s no surprise ♪ | ♪ 毫无新意 ♪ |
[45:57] | Can you see them? ♪ | ♪ 你看到他们了吗 ♪ |
[45:59] | See right through them ♪ | ♪ 把他们都识破 ♪ |
[46:02] | They have no shield, nothing gets too revealed ♪ | ♪ 他们一点也不遮掩 他们什么也得不到 ♪ |
[46:06] | Doesn’t matter what they say ♪ | ♪ 他们说什么都无所谓 ♪ |
[46:09] | In the jealous games people play ♪ | ♪ 这是人们都热衷的嫉妒游戏 ♪ |
[46:15] | Our lips are sealed ♪ | ♪ 我们什么也不说 ♪ |
[46:18] | Pay no mind to what they say ♪ | ♪ 不要介意他们说的话 ♪ |
[46:23] | It doesn’t matter anyway ♪ | ♪ 无论怎样都没关系 ♪ |
[46:28] | Our lips are sealed ♪ | ♪ 我们什么也不说 ♪ |
[46:32] | Our lips are sealed ♪ | ♪ 我们什么也不说 ♪ |
[46:35] | Our lips are sealed. ♪ | ♪ 我们什么也不说 ♪ |