时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | – [man] I thought he got evicted. – [coughing] | – 再来两个吗? – 真的不一样! |
[00:07] | – [woman] Did you want two more? – [man 2] I want something else. | – 再来两个吗? – 真的不一样! |
[00:09] | [man 3] Ooh, I’ll have one of those. | |
[00:10] | [band playing] | |
[00:12] | [applause] | |
[00:14] | [wolf whistle] | |
[00:18] | [wolf whistle] | |
[00:21] | – [whoop] – [whistling] | |
[00:24] | – [chattering] – [barking] | |
[00:28] | [cheering] | |
[00:31] | [barking continues in distance] | |
[00:33] | Russell, is this the finale already? | 拉塞尔 已经到谢幕了吗? |
[00:35] | – Yep. – But there was supposed to be another act. | 是的 还应该有一个节目的 莉迪亚怎么没上? 莉迪亚搬回俄亥俄州了 |
[00:37] | – What happened to Lidia? – Lidia moved back to Ohio. | |
[00:40] | In the last hour? | 在一个小时前? |
[00:41] | Life’s full of surprises. | 人生充满惊喜 |
[00:43] | She left her snake. | 她的蛇没带走 |
[00:44] | – And her dog. – [barking] | 狗也没带 随便吧 |
[00:46] | [scoffs] Never mind. | |
[00:48] | ♪ ♪ | |
[00:50] | [man] Ow! | |
[00:52] | – [whooping] – [wolf whistle] | |
[00:55] | [whistling] | |
[01:00] | [whooping] | |
[01:06] | [cheering] | |
[01:13] | [applause, cheering in distance] | |
[01:14] | The curtain’s stuck. | – 幕布卡住了 – 这种事时有发生 |
[01:15] | – It happens. – Yes, but what should we do? | – 是 但现在该怎么办? – 我把螺母和螺栓分开 |
[01:17] | Hey. I separate nuts and bolts. | |
[01:20] | See? I put nuts with the nuts and bolts with the bolts. | 螺母归螺母 螺栓归螺栓 |
[01:22] | You are a stripper who doesn’t take anything off | 你是个脱衣舞女 却不脱衣服 |
[01:24] | and just stands there yelling at people. | 只冲着观众大呼小叫 |
[01:26] | This is neither of our problems. | 这事不归我们俩管 |
[01:27] | Okay, that’s not what… | 好吧 我的工作不是… |
[01:29] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[01:32] | ♪ ♪ | |
[01:34] | [clapping] | |
[01:40] | [orchestra continues playing] | |
[01:48] | Well, that’s the end of the… show. | 好了 演出到此结束 |
[01:52] | I hope it’s been an evening you will never… | 希望今夜的表演让诸位难忘 |
[01:55] | – ever forget. – [orchestra continues playing] | |
[01:57] | You’ve been a great audience. | 大家很捧场 回家路上注意安全 |
[01:59] | Please get home safe… | |
[02:01] | – [microphone cuts out] – …and tip the… | |
[02:03] | tip the waitresses! | 记得给服务生小费 |
[02:04] | They’re armed! | 她们有枪! |
[02:06] | Thank you and… | 谢谢 晚…真的假的? |
[02:07] | good… Really? | |
[02:09] | – [song ends] – [women scream] | |
[02:11] | – [man laughs] – [coughing] | |
[02:12] | – [indistinct chatter] – [dog barking in distance] | |
[02:14] | Charlie, you guys are supposed to play softer | 我说话的时候你们的演奏应该轻些 |
[02:16] | when I talk, remember? | |
[02:17] | I never know when you’re gonna talk. | 我哪知道你什么时候开始讲话 |
[02:18] | Basically, any time I come out here, | 我每次出来都是要讲话的 |
[02:20] | I’m gonna talk. | |
[02:21] | It’s your funeral. | 后果自负 |
[02:23] | Lipstick. | 口红还我 |
[02:29] | [groans, exhales] | |
[02:31] | Boise, we still got a couple of kinks to work out here. | 博伊西 还有几个问题要解决 |
[02:35] | – Oh, yeah? Like what? – Well, the curtain stayed up, | 比如呢? 幕布降不下来 聚光灯打不到我的站位 |
[02:37] | the spot never hit me, the band played too loud | |
[02:39] | while I was talking, my mic cut out. | 我讲话的时候乐队音量太大 我的麦克风没声音 |
[02:40] | – You want to write this down? – No, I do not. | – 要写下来吗? – 不要 |
[02:42] | This is looking like a half-assed burlesque show. | 这就像个半吊子的滑稽秀 |
[02:44] | It is a half-assed burlesque show. | 这就是半吊子的滑稽秀 |
[02:46] | – Boise… – Let’s see how tomorrow goes. | – 博伊西 – 明天看看情况如何 |
[02:47] | – You keep saying that. – Well, I’m a hopeful guy. | – 你总是这么说 – 我对未来充满希望 |
[02:50] | Come on. These are not hard fixes. | 解决这些问题并不难 |
[02:51] | If we had a sound check, we’d know if the mic is working. | 检查一下音响 看麦克风坏没坏 |
[02:53] | Mic works. The sound guy just wasn’t behind the board yet. | 麦克风没坏 音响师当时不在中控台 |
[02:56] | – And the curtain and… – Same guy who runs the board runs the curtain. | – 幕布… – 管中控台的人 也负责幕布 |
[02:59] | Maybe we could get a different guy to run the curtain. | 再找一个人 |
[03:00] | What am I, the WPA? A fucking chicken in every pot? | 我谁啊 公共事业振兴署的吗? 每个差事都安排专人? |
[03:02] | You think I got the kind of money to hire a guy | 你以为我有钱雇个人专门管幕布吗? |
[03:04] | just to run the curtain? | |
[03:06] | What’s he do? | 他是做什么的? |
[03:08] | Huh. | |
[03:09] | Congratulations! You’re the new curtain guy! | 恭喜你 你以后就管幕布了 |
[03:11] | Now, about the finale. | 关于谢幕 |
[03:12] | Do you gals have any idea what you’re doing out there? | 你们知道自己在干什么吗? |
[03:15] | – What do you mean? – When you came out onstage, | – 什么意思? – 你们出场时 |
[03:17] | some of you looked confused. | 看上去很困惑 |
[03:18] | – Tilly? – I just follow her. | – 蒂莉? – 我就是跟着她 |
[03:20] | We should do the finale earlier in the show. | 我们应该早点谢幕 太累了 |
[03:22] | We’re tired by then. | |
[03:23] | Or some rehearsal might help. | 稍微彩排一下应该有帮助 |
[03:25] | Unless the crashing into each other is a creative choice. | 除非你们情愿推来撞去 |
[03:27] | No, that just happens. | 不是的 那只是意外 |
[03:29] | And you– | 还有你 你穿胸罩了吗? |
[03:30] | – are you in your bra? – Yeah. | |
[03:31] | – Why? – Well, I can’t go out there naked. | – 是的 – 什么? 我不能裸着出去 法律规定的 |
[03:33] | – There’s laws. – Where’s your costume? | – 你的演出服呢? – 吊带坏了 |
[03:35] | Oh, the strap broke. I can’t fix it, | – 你的演出服呢? – 吊带坏了 |
[03:36] | and Dribbles ate my pasty. | 球宝把我的馅饼吃了 |
[03:38] | Get me your costume. I’ll have Zelda fix it. | 我会让泽尔达把它修好 |
[03:40] | – Who’s Zelda? – I think she’s the one who wears balloons | – 泽尔达是谁? – 就是那个穿着气球 |
[03:42] | and pops ’em with her nails. | 用指甲戳破的那个人 |
[03:43] | Shit. More competition. | 该死 又有竞争对手了 |
[03:45] | [gasps] Hey, it’s movie night tonight! | 嘿 今晚是电影之夜 |
[03:47] | Oh, I love movie night. | 我喜欢电影之夜 |
[03:50] | You gonna stay for movie night, Midge? | 你要留下看电影吗? |
[03:51] | Can’t tonight. I’m late for something. | 不行 我还有事要赶不上了 |
[03:53] | Next time. I promise. | 下次吧 我保证 |
[03:55] | All of this has to get better! | 一切都需要变得更好! |
[03:57] | – [phone ringing] – [man] Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah! | |
[04:00] | – Boise. – I hear you. | – 博伊西 – 我听见了 |
[04:01] | They hear you. Everyone hears you! | 她们听见了 大家都听见了 |
[04:03] | [door opens] | |
[04:05] | – [whooping] – [laughter] | |
[04:06] | ♪ ♪ | 神奇的梅赛尔太太 |
[04:08] | [door closes] | |
[04:09] | To new friends. | – 敬新朋友 – 还有他们带来的酒 |
[04:11] | And the booze they bring. | |
[04:12] | – [clink] – [chuckles] | |
[04:14] | And I’ll move a mountain ♪ | |
[04:15] | Mmm. Perfect. | |
[04:17] | – I’m really glad we finally did this. – Me too. | – 完美 – 真高兴我们终于一起吃饭了 |
[04:19] | I’ve been pulling all the late shifts | – 我也很高兴 – 这个月我在医院 |
[04:20] | at the hospital this month. | 都值晚班 其他医生都有家庭 |
[04:21] | The other doctors have families, so… | 都值晚班 其他医生都有家庭 |
[04:23] | Don’t worry. I like eating late. | 我喜欢晚点吃饭 演出养成的习惯 |
[04:25] | Comes with the microphone. | |
[04:26] | It’s very Spanish. | – 这很西班牙 – 你指演出? |
[04:27] | – The microphone? – Eating late. | – 这很西班牙 – 你指演出? 我是说晚点吃饭 我在那待过一年 |
[04:28] | I lived there for a year. | 我是说晚点吃饭 我在那待过一年 |
[04:29] | They don’t sit down till 10:00. Even the kids. | 他们不到十点都不上晚饭桌 连小孩都这样 |
[04:31] | – It’s very different. – Oh, you got to live in Spain? | 你在西班牙生活过 很棒吧? |
[04:33] | Was it amazing? | |
[04:34] | And delicious. The steak… | 很美味 牛排特好吃 |
[04:36] | I was supposed to go this year. For work. | 我本来因为工作要去的 后来取消了 |
[04:37] | But it fell through. Some other time. | |
[04:39] | – [chuckles softly] – Spain. | 以后再说吧 西班牙 |
[04:42] | So, how long have you lived on el Lado Superior Oeste? | 你在el Lado Superior Oeste住了多久? |
[04:46] | Hmm? | |
[04:46] | The Upper West Side. Spanish. | 这是西班牙语的上西区 |
[04:48] | Got it. Well, I was born on the Upper West Side. | 懂了 我出生在上西区 |
[04:50] | I actually live in the same building I grew up in. | 我住在从小长大的楼里 |
[04:53] | Eso es increíble. | 是好的意思? |
[04:54] | That’s… good? | |
[04:56] | – Sí. – I could tell by the smile | 从你的笑容我看得出 你没有说癌症 |
[04:58] | and the fact that you didn’t use the word “cancer.” | |
[04:59] | Though you’re a doctor, so “cancer” could be | 但你是个医生 癌症也许是你的搭讪话题 |
[05:01] | your pickup line. | |
[05:02] | [laughs] Eres una dama divertida. | |
[05:04] | You’re very good. | |
[05:06] | – Gracias. – Ah, timing. | – 你人真好 – 谢谢 |
[05:08] | Fill ‘er up, please. | 来得正是时候 请帮我满上 |
[05:09] | – And I think we’re ready to order. – Okay. | – 我们准备好点单了 – 好的 |
[05:11] | Uh, We’ll both have a filete meio rara, | 我们都要 filete medio rara |
[05:13] | y una guarnicion de espinacas. | |
[05:16] | That’s a medium-rare steak with a side of spinach. | 也就是三分熟的牛排配菠菜 |
[05:19] | He lived in Spain. | 他在西班牙生活过 |
[05:20] | I’ll be right back with your drink. | 他在西班牙生活过 我马上回来帮您添酒 |
[05:23] | [Liam] So, you’re a comedian. | 你是个喜剧演员? |
[05:26] | Oh, that’s English. Sorry. Yes. I am a comedian. | 你说了英语 抱歉 是的 我是个喜剧演员 |
[05:30] | And where do you get the ideas for your jokes? | 你的段子灵感都从哪里来? |
[05:36] | Will you excuse me a moment? | 我可以失陪一下吗? |
[05:43] | I wore the wrong hat. | 我戴错帽子了 |
[05:45] | Jamon iberico de bellota el mejor del mundo. | |
[05:50] | Do you like ham? | 你喜欢火腿吗? |
[05:51] | No. | |
[05:52] | [with accent] No. Spanish. | 不喜欢 |
[05:56] | You are funny. | 西班牙语发音 你真有趣 |
[05:59] | Have you ever seen a bullfight? | – 你看过斗牛吗? – 米里亚姆 |
[06:01] | – Miriam! – Susie. | |
[06:02] | – What are you doing here? – Sorry to interrupt, | 苏西 你来干什么? |
[06:04] | – but your kid is very sick. – Oh, no. | 抱歉打扰了 你家小孩病了 |
[06:06] | Yeah, he’s throwing up all over the place. | – 哦不 – 是的 他吐个不停 |
[06:08] | Your rug’s a total goner. I think he needs a doctor. | 你的地毯已经废了 他得看医生 |
[06:10] | I am so sorry, Liam. I have to go. | – 真抱歉 利亚姆 我得走了 – 我要一起去吗? – 不 他需要看医生 – 我就是医生 科室不对 |
[06:11] | – Well, should I come? – No. He needs a doctor. | |
[06:14] | – I am a doctor. – Oh. Well, yeah, but probably not the kind he needs. | |
[06:17] | – I’m a pediatrician. – He’s an adult. – She said he’s five. | – 我是儿科医生 – 他成年了 |
[06:19] | Will you just come and check on your goddamn kid?! | – 她说他才五岁 – 你能回家 – 看看你的孩子吗? – 好的 |
[06:21] | Yes. I am so sorry about this. | 太抱歉了 |
[06:22] | Uh, we’ll try it again. Really. Call me. | 我们下次再约 电话联系 |
[06:31] | We’re a couple of swells ♪ | |
[06:33] | ♪ We stop at the best hotels ♪ | |
[06:36] | But we prefer the country ♪ | |
[06:38] | ♪ Far away from the city smells ♪ | |
[06:46] | We’re a couple of sports ♪ | |
[06:49] | ♪ The pride of the tennis courts ♪ | |
[06:51] | In June, July and August ♪ | |
[06:54] | ♪ We look cute when we’re dressed in shorts… | |
[06:57] | [Susie] You coulda told me he was a fucking doctor. | 你完全可以提前告诉我他是医生 |
[06:59] | [Midge] I know. I’m sorry. | 是的 抱歉 |
[07:01] | If I’d have known, I would’ve said that the kid | 要是知道的话 我就说孩子被绑架了 |
[07:03] | had been abducted or something. | |
[07:04] | I promise to tell you next time. | 我保证下次一定告诉你 |
[07:06] | And what do we need a code for? | 我们为什么要用暗号交流? |
[07:07] | All you have to do is call and say, “I picked another loser, | 直接打电话说 |
[07:09] | come the fuck down and save me.” | “这个男的又不行 过来救我” |
[07:11] | We need the code in case he walks by and hears me. | 万一他路过听见怎么办 |
[07:13] | I don’t want to hurt his feelings. | 我不想伤害他的感情 |
[07:14] | Well, all I know is this is the third crappy date | 这已经是你这个月第三场烂约会了 |
[07:16] | you’ve been on this month. | |
[07:18] | You gotta kiss some frogs. | – 遇见王子前总要吻几只青蛙 – 你不能和普通人约会 |
[07:20] | You can’t date civilians. | |
[07:21] | – Well, who am I going to date? – Someone in the business. | – 那我要约谁? – 找圈内人 |
[07:23] | I am not gonna date a comic. | 我才不要和喜剧人约会 |
[07:25] | A comic? God, no. You fuck that frog before you date a comic. | 喜剧人?才不是 约喜剧人还不如和青蛙来一炮 |
[07:28] | – Then who? – I don’t know. | 那还有什么人? 我不知道 |
[07:31] | How about a ventriloquist? | 腹语师? |
[07:32] | Why the hell would I date a ventriloquist? | 我为什么要和腹语师约会? |
[07:34] | He goes around with a toy. | 他手里有玩具 你有孩子 绝配啊 |
[07:35] | You’ve got kids. Seems like a slam dunk to me. | |
[07:37] | You’ve gotta be kidding. | 你开玩笑的吧 |
[07:38] | At least he’s bound to have a personality. | 你开玩笑的吧 而且他一定很有性格 不止一种性格 |
[07:39] | Two, actually. | |
[07:40] | – A ventriloquist? – Yes. | – 腹语师? – 是的 |
[07:42] | A man who sits with a wooden version of a tiny man | 一个腿上坐着木偶的男人 |
[07:44] | on his lap and tries to make it talk. | 你想让我和这种人约会 |
[07:45] | That’s who you want me to date? | 你想让我和这种人约会 |
[07:46] | When I look at you, I see ventriloquist. | 看着你 我只能想到腹语师 |
[07:51] | Hey, Susie… | – 嘿 苏西 – 怎么了 米里亚姆? |
[07:52] | What, Miriam? | – 嘿 苏西 – 怎么了 米里亚姆? |
[07:53] | – When was the last relationship that you had? – What? | 你上次恋爱是什么时候? |
[07:57] | We always talk about me and my relationships. What about you? | 什么? 我们总在聊我的感情 你呢? |
[08:00] | I haven’t seen you with anybody | 我从没见你约过谁 |
[08:01] | – since we’ve been together. – So? | 我从没见你约过谁 |
[08:03] | – Just curious about your life. – My life is you. That’s it. | – 所以呢? – 就是对你的生活有点好奇 我的生活里只有你 别的没了 |
[08:06] | Thinking about you. Talking about you. | 想着你 谈论你 |
[08:09] | Waiting for you, rescuing you from bullshit dates. | 等你 从烂约会现场拯救你 |
[08:11] | – I don’t have time for anything else. – Yeah, but… | – 我没时间 – 可是… |
[08:13] | As soon as I get you off my fucking hands | 等我把你打造成明星 不再要为你操心 我就可以把你推出去 专心做其他事了 |
[08:15] | and make you a star, I can shove you out on an iceberg | |
[08:17] | and focus on something else. | |
[08:19] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[08:23] | What? | 怎么了? |
[08:26] | Maybe I’ve been hanging out with you for too long, | 我可能是和你相处太久了 |
[08:28] | but I actually do think you wore the wrong hat. | 我确实觉得你戴错帽子了 |
[08:32] | [TV host] Two years ago, you directed Vertigo, | 两年前 你执导了《迷魂记》 |
[08:35] | Terrific film. Last year, it was North By Northwest, | 非常棒的电影 去年你拍了《西北偏北》 |
[08:38] | which completely ruined my love | 我再也不能去心爱的玉米地里漫步了 |
[08:40] | of long walks through cornfields. | |
[08:42] | – Mission accomplished. – [laughter] | 目的达到了 |
[08:44] | And now we have Psycho, which I understand is very scary. | 现在有了《惊魂记》 据我所知非常惊悚 |
[08:47] | So, let me ask you, Mr. Hitchcock, | 我想问一下 希区柯克先生 |
[08:49] | because I’m curious: what scares you? | 我很好奇 你害怕什么? |
[08:51] | Hard-boiled eggs. | 煮熟的鸡蛋 |
[08:53] | Hard-boiled eggs. I-I was not expecting that. | 煮熟的鸡蛋? 这是我没想到的 我以为会是 蜘蛛或者前妻 |
[08:56] | I was thinking more spiders, or ex-wives. | |
[08:59] | I find them disgusting. | 我觉得他们很恶心 |
[09:01] | Do you not find hard-boiled eggs disgusting? | 你觉得煮熟的鸡蛋不恶心吗? |
[09:04] | I confess, I have not put much thought into it. | 我承认 我没有想过 |
[09:07] | Well, you should… | 你应该想一下 这是个非此即彼的问题 它的气味 质地 |
[09:09] | [TV continues indistinctly] | |
[09:14] | [Midge] Ethan, if you have to make pee-pee, | 伊森 如果你要尿尿 自己去尿 然后上床睡觉 |
[09:16] | just pee-pee and go back to bed. | |
[09:18] | It’s not Ethan. | 不是伊森 |
[09:20] | Papa, if you have to make pee-pee, | 爸爸 如果你要尿尿 自己去尿 然后上床睡觉 |
[09:22] | just pee-pee and go back to bed. | |
[09:24] | I don’t have to make pee-pee! | 我不是要尿尿! |
[09:26] | Could I have a quick word with you, please? | 能跟你聊两句吗? |
[09:29] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[09:33] | – [thump] – Ow. | 好亮 |
[09:36] | – What time is it? – It’s midnight. | 几点了? |
[09:38] | And Susie is blasting that damn TV again. | 半夜了 苏西又在看该死的电视 |
[09:42] | She’s been having trouble sleeping. | 她睡不着 电视能帮她放松 |
[09:43] | The TV helps her relax. | |
[09:45] | Has she tried sleeping pills? | 她试过安眠药了吗? |
[09:47] | Your mother has a gallon jug of them in the closet. | 你妈柜子里有一大罐 |
[09:50] | She says they make her loopy the next day. | 她吃完第二天会晕晕的 |
[09:52] | Same with your mother, but who can tell? | 和你妈一样 谁看得出来啊? |
[09:54] | Who says my pills make me loopy? | 谁说我的安眠药让我晕晕的? |
[09:57] | I was just saying to Miriam | 我在和米里亚姆说 |
[09:58] | that Susie has stayed here longer than expected. | 苏西待得太久了 |
[10:01] | Her friend dying in her apartment really threw her. | 他朋友在她公寓里去世了 她很难过 |
[10:04] | I’m sorry, but when my close friend Mordecai Glickman | 不好意思 但我的挚友莫迪凯格利克曼 在壁球场去世时 |
[10:08] | died playing squash, | 我第二天早上6点就回到了壁球场上 |
[10:10] | I was back on the squash court at 6:00 the next morning. | |
[10:13] | I forgot that it was to play Mordecai, | 我忘了对手是莫迪凯 所以白去了 |
[10:15] | so it was all for naught, but you get my point. | |
[10:17] | Her time here does seem endless. | – 但你懂我的意思 – 她确实越住越久了 |
[10:19] | And I told Asher he could bunk here. | 而且我和艾舍说可以住这里 |
[10:22] | Should I steer him to some godforsaken motel? | 难道我要让他去住汽车旅馆吗? |
[10:25] | There’s room for Asher. It’ll be tight, but we’ll get by. | 艾舍有地方住的 虽然有点挤 但忍忍就过去了 |
[10:28] | Can I get anyone anything? | 有人需要什么吗? |
[10:30] | Zelda, it’s so late. Why are you here? | 泽尔达 这么晚了 你怎么还在? |
[10:32] | Miss Susie is using a plate and a glass, | 苏西女士用了一个盘子和一只杯子 |
[10:35] | so I stayed late so I can wash them. | 我留到这么晚是为了洗它们 |
[10:37] | Zelda, I’ll wash Susie’s plates when she’s done. | 泽尔达 我会洗苏西的盘子 |
[10:39] | – But that’s my job, Miss Miriam. – It doesn’t matter. | – 那是我的工作 – 没关系的 |
[10:41] | So I should go to the comedy buildings | 那我应该去喜剧场馆讲段子 因为没关系? |
[10:43] | and make with the jokes… because it doesn’t matter? | |
[10:46] | Is the TV too loud? | 电视声音太大了吗? |
[10:48] | What TV? I didn’t hear the TV. Was it on? | 什么电视? 我没听到电视的声音 你开着吗? |
[10:51] | – I can turn it down. – You don’t need to turn it down. | – 我可以关小一点 – 不需要 |
[10:53] | I’m gonna find my own place any day, I promise. | 我很快就会找到住处的 我保证 |
[10:56] | Stay as long as you like, Susie. Really. | 你想待多久都可以 苏西 真的 |
[10:58] | Yes, yes, the invitation is open-ended. | 是啊 我们随时欢迎你住 |
[11:02] | Good night, Susie. | 晚安 苏西 |
[11:04] | – See you in the morning. – Yeah. | 早上见 好 你还在这里干什么? |
[11:07] | What are you still doing here? | |
[11:16] | – Excuse me, Abe? – Yeah. | – 不好意思 安比 – 怎么了 |
[11:18] | There’s a guy here. | 有个男人在走廊坐了半小时了 |
[11:19] | He’s been sitting in the hallway for half an hour. | |
[11:21] | We finally asked, and he said he was a friend of yours. | 我们开口问了 他说是你的朋友 |
[11:23] | – Of mine? – Then he said, “Check that. | – 我朋友? – 然后他说:“看看吧 |
[11:25] | Abe and I used to be friends, because a friend doesn’t | “我和安比以前是朋友” |
[11:27] | stab a friend in the back with a rusty knife | “但朋友不会背后捅你刀子 |
[11:29] | dipped in arsenic, then wrap a guitar string…” | “还是沾了砒霜的锈刀…” |
[11:31] | I got it. Thank you, Isobel. | 知道了 谢谢你 伊索贝尔 |
[11:38] | – Asher. – Abe. Hello. | – 艾舍 – 安比 你好 |
[11:41] | Why didn’t you come get me? | 你怎么不进来找我? |
[11:43] | I could see you were busy typing– it looked important. | 我看到你忙着打字 看起来很重要 |
[11:45] | Maybe you were tattling on a sick relative | 也许你在谈论一个生病的亲戚 |
[11:48] | or ratting out your son for stealing a Necco Wafer | 或是在因为你儿子12岁时 偷了一管糖片而大发雷霆 |
[11:51] | when he was 12. | |
[11:52] | Moving on. | 都过去了 我和迈克尔凯斯勒说好了 |
[11:54] | I have us all set up with Michael Kessler | 都过去了 我和迈克尔凯斯勒说好了 |
[11:56] | to deal with the FBI, so feel at ease. | 让他应付联邦调查局 别担心 |
[11:58] | He’s a great attorney. Best in the business. | 他是个好律师 行业里数一数二 |
[12:01] | Sacco and Vanzetti had the best in the business, too. | 萨克和文塞蒂也有数一数二的律师 |
[12:03] | Must have been a great comfort | 当他们坐在电椅上 听自己的脑浆融化时 |
[12:05] | as they sat in their electric chairs | |
[12:06] | listening to their brains melt. | 或许也是一种安慰 |
[12:08] | I’m almost done here. Come sit with me. | 我快写完了 进来坐吧 |
[12:11] | – I don’t want to bother you. – You want to | 我不想打扰你 |
[12:13] | walk around the Village a bit? Get some souvenirs? | 要在村里逛逛 买点纪念品吗? |
[12:15] | I stepped on a spent condom coming in here, | 我来这里的路上踩到一个 用过的安全套 不需要其他纪念品了 |
[12:17] | so I’m all set for souvenirs. | |
[12:19] | Yes, good. Okay. I’ll be right out. | 好吧 我马上出来 |
[12:22] | Don’t rush. | 不急 |
[12:26] | Swear I had coffee cups when I left the factory. | 我离开工厂时拿了咖啡杯的 |
[12:28] | – Just use a bowl. – I don’t have bowls. | – 用碗吧 – 我没有碗 |
[12:31] | You don’t have bowls? Don’t you eat soup? | 你没有碗?你不喝汤吗? |
[12:33] | I don’t trust soup. It tells you it’s food, | 我不相信汤 |
[12:35] | but you eat it, and you’re never full. | 说它是道菜吧 但喝下去永远没有饱腹感 |
[12:36] | – [phone rings] – Feels like a scam. | 像诈骗一样 |
[12:39] | Hello? | |
[12:41] | – [Shirley] Hello, Joely. – Hi, Ma. | – 喂? – 喂 乔尔 |
[12:42] | – It’s your mother, Shirley. – I know, Ma. | – 你好 妈妈 – 我是你妈 雪莉 |
[12:45] | – What can I do for you? – Oh, nothing. | 我知道 妈妈 什么事? |
[12:46] | I was just checking in. How’s your new apartment? | 就关心关心你 新公寓怎么样? |
[12:48] | – It’s great. – So you don’t miss us at all? | – 很好 – 你都不想我们吗? |
[12:51] | What do you need, Ma? | 你有什么事? |
[12:52] | I was just wondering where you’re gonna be on Friday night. | 周五晚上你会在哪儿? |
[12:54] | – [Joel] I’ll be at the club. – You’re sure? | – 在俱乐部 – 确定吗? |
[12:56] | – I’m sure. – Around 8:00? | – 确定 – 8点左右? |
[12:57] | – Why, Ma? – No reason. | – 为什么问这个 妈妈? – 不为什么 |
[12:59] | – Is your blue suit pressed? – Why, Ma? | – 你的蓝西服熨过了吗? – 怎么了 妈妈? |
[13:01] | Because you look very nice in your blue suit. | 你穿那身很好看 |
[13:03] | – Thank you, but… – Well, it was nice catching up. | – 谢谢 但是… – 和你打电话真开心 |
[13:05] | Remember, wear your blue suit Friday night. I love you. | 周五晚上记得穿蓝西服 |
[13:08] | – And your room is here when you want it. – Ma? | 我爱你 房间给你留着 随时回来住 |
[13:11] | – Wait, Ma. – [line disconnects] | 妈 等一下 |
[13:12] | So, when this soup tells you it’s food, | 汤跟你说它是一道菜时 |
[13:14] | does it speak or spell it out in little alphabet letters or… | 是一个个字母拼出来的 还是… |
[13:17] | I think it’s time for you to meet my parents. | 我觉得是时候带你见我父母了 |
[13:20] | – Did you hear me? – Nope. | – 你听见了吗? – 没有 |
[13:22] | I put them off for as long as I could, | 我在拖延了 但没时间了 |
[13:23] | – but we are out of time. – Nope. | |
[13:25] | – We have no choice. – Nope. | – 不行 – 我们没有选择 |
[13:27] | – Mei. – Are you insane? | – 不行 – 梅 – 你疯了吗? – 我知道会很尴尬 尴尬到死 |
[13:29] | – I know it’ll be awkward. – It’ll be a disaster! | |
[13:32] | Joel. I mean… | 乔尔 你看… |
[13:34] | They won’t care that you’re short. | 他们不会介意你个子矮的 |
[13:35] | But they will care that I look like their dry cleaner. | 他们会介意 我长得像他们的干洗店老板 |
[13:38] | You’re in luck. My mother does not use a dry cleaner. | 我妈不去干洗店 |
[13:40] | Are you aware of all the colorfully descriptive words | 你知道他们见到我 |
[13:43] | – that’ll come to their minds when they see me? – No. | 会用什么词形容我吗? |
[13:45] | – You want me to rattle them off? – No, thanks. | – 不知道 – 需要我说出来吗? |
[13:46] | I’ll just write them down. | – 不用了 谢谢 – 那我写下来 |
[13:48] | I’ve heard these terms my entire life, | 这些词充斥着我的人生 |
[13:50] | so the list will be comprehensive. | 我可以列举得很全面 |
[13:51] | This is not helping. | 这没用 梅! |
[13:52] | Mei. | |
[13:54] | – Mei. – Hold on. | – 梅! – 等一下 |
[13:57] | Okay. You made your point. | 好了 懂你意思了 |
[13:59] | You think I’m an idiot? | 你以为我傻吗? |
[14:01] | I know that there’s a lot of ugly shit out there | 你以为我傻吗? 我知道有很多恶心的说法… – 这是你编的 – 这是我幼儿园的外号 |
[14:02] | that people… Oh, now, that one, you made up. | |
[14:05] | That was my nickname in kindergarten. | |
[14:06] | Look, I know my parents. | 我了解我的父母 |
[14:08] | You being Chinese– yes, it will be a surprise. | 你是华裔 没错 确实让他们意外 |
[14:11] | But trust me, it will not be their biggest problem. | 相信我 对他们来说 这不是最严重的问题 |
[14:13] | – No? – You not being Jewish, | – 不是吗? – 你不是犹太人 |
[14:15] | that’s gonna wake the neighbors. | 他们能大呼小叫到邻居来敲门 |
[14:16] | Right. They don’t want you with a gentile. | 他们不希望你找一个非犹太人 |
[14:18] | And a Chinese girl is like a double gentile. | 一个华裔女孩简直是雪上加霜 |
[14:20] | Triple gentile. More. | 简直是加冰雹了 |
[14:22] | Basically, you’re walking in with the Lawrence Welk singers. | 你简直就是带了个 劳伦斯威尔克的歌手回家 |
[14:24] | Well, what’s the alternative, huh? We’re together. | 那还有什么办法? 我们已经在一起了 |
[14:27] | They have to find out. Your parents know. | 他们总要知道的 你爸妈就知道了 |
[14:29] | Yes, they do. | 是啊 |
[14:31] | Would you like to know all the colorfully descriptive words | 想知道他们是用什么词 |
[14:33] | that came to their minds when they found out? | 形容你的吗? |
[14:35] | I’ll just write ’em down. | 我来写下来吧 |
[14:36] | I’m gonna need a lot more paper. | 我得多拿点纸 |
[14:38] | Do you understand what’s happening here? | 你明白现在的状况吗? |
[14:40] | My mother’s sending girls to my workplace. | 我妈把女孩儿派到我工作的地方去 |
[14:43] | One’s coming Friday, | 有一个周五就要来 她可能会把拉比一起送来 |
[14:44] | and I have no proof she’s not sending the rabbi. | |
[14:46] | Well, he’s not much of a rabbi if he’s working on Friday. | 周五上班可不是个拉比该有的样子 |
[14:48] | She won’t stop till I’m married. | – 我不结婚她是不会罢休的 – 我愿意做情妇 |
[14:50] | I’m okay with being a mistress. | |
[14:51] | – Well, I’m not. – You were with Midge. | – 我不愿意 – 你以前和米琪在一起 |
[14:52] | Hey. | 嘿! |
[14:54] | – Sorry. – What the fuck? | – 对不起 – 搞什么东西? |
[14:56] | I know. I’m sorry. I am. But… | 我知道 对不起 可是… |
[15:00] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[15:02] | – I just can’t. – Mei. | 我就是做不到 梅 |
[15:06] | Mei. | 梅! 我们必须讨论一下 |
[15:07] | We have to discuss this. | |
[15:10] | Mei? | 梅! |
[15:12] | You can’t just run. | 你不能这样逃避 |
[15:14] | – I know where you live. – No, you don’t. | – 我知道你住哪儿 – 不 你不知道 |
[15:16] | No, I don’t. Fuck me. | 不 我不知道 干 |
[15:20] | [Nicky] [laughing] But what’s funny is… | |
[15:22] | – Get this, get this. – Yeah, this is fucking great. | 好笑的地方来了 听我说 这个可好笑了 |
[15:25] | Come on, all you told me is you cut some guy’s balls off. | 你们一直跟我说 把某个人的蛋割下来 |
[15:27] | Right, right. We cut them off. | 对 我们割了 |
[15:29] | But we stuffed them into the other guy’s mouth. | 我们把蛋蛋塞进了另一个家伙的嘴里 |
[15:31] | And the other guy’s balls | 另一个家伙的蛋蛋塞进刚才那人嘴里 |
[15:33] | – got stuffed into the first guy’s mouth. – Yeah. | |
[15:35] | Yeah, when you cut off a guy’s balls, | 把一个人的蛋割掉 |
[15:37] | you’re supposed to stuff them in the mouth | |
[15:39] | of the guy the fucking balls belong to. | 应该要塞到他自己嘴里 |
[15:40] | So we were like, “What do we do? Switch them back?” | 我们心想:“这可怎么办?换回来吗?” |
[15:43] | How do you do that? I mean, rigor mortis was setting in. | 要怎么做啊?已经开始尸僵了 |
[15:46] | Their jaws were clenching tight. | 下巴都咬紧了 |
[15:47] | Yeah, yeah. So, we were weighing our options. | 我们在考虑解决方法 |
[15:49] | Then we heard sirens, so we decided to split. | 然后听到了警笛 于是我们决定离开 |
[15:52] | I know you make half this shit up, | 你们编了一大半 但挺有趣的 |
[15:53] | but it’s still fucking great. | |
[15:54] | Yeah, we really don’t make things up. | 我们真的不编故事的 |
[15:56] | – Hey, can I get another Coke? – Hey, get two. | – 嘿 能再来杯可乐吗? – 嘿 再来两杯 |
[15:58] | This is on us. | 我们请客 想吃什么随便点 我们都好久没见你了 |
[15:59] | Whatever you want. We haven’t seen you in forever. | 我们请客 想吃什么随便点 我们都好久没见你了 – 我在忙着疗伤 – 夏伊鲍德温 唱歌像天使 做事是混蛋 我不想聊这个 |
[16:02] | Mm, been too busy licking my wounds. | |
[16:04] | Ah, Shy Baldwin. He sings like an angel | |
[16:06] | – but sounds like a douche. – I don’t want to talk about it. | |
[16:09] | Well, he’s Giancana’s anyway, so we can’t touch him. | 反正他是吉安卡纳的人 我们动不了 |
[16:11] | Right now, I’m just focused on finding a place to live. | 我正忙着找住处 |
[16:13] | I’m crashing with Midge, | 我现在住米琪家 她家人快把我搞疯了 |
[16:14] | but her family’s driving me nuts. | |
[16:16] | – What’s your price point? – For an apartment? | – 你想出多少钱? – 公寓的价钱吗? |
[16:18] | Well, be a stretch, | 虽然有夸张的成份 但我只付得起5分钱 |
[16:19] | but I could afford a nickel a month. | 虽然有夸张的成份 但我只付得起5分钱 |
[16:20] | Know any apartments going for a nickel a month? | 知道什么5分钱住得起的地方吗? |
[16:24] | I, uh… I think we could help you here. | 我觉得我们能帮上忙 |
[16:26] | – Really? How? – We know a place. | 真的吗?怎么帮? |
[16:28] | – We’ll take you later today. – Great. | 我们知道一个地方 等会儿带你去 |
[16:31] | – Thanks. – [Nicky] And if it works out, | 太好了 谢谢 如果行得通 这顿饭钱就能从纳税额中扣除了 |
[16:32] | we can write this lunch off on our taxes. | 如果行得通 这顿饭钱就能从纳税额中扣除了 |
[16:34] | Taxes. | 纳税 |
[16:36] | [both laughing] | 纳税 第七大道 克里斯托弗街 |
[16:38] | [laughing] | |
[16:40] | [♪ “Christopher Street”] | |
[17:08] | Here we live, here we love ♪ | |
[17:11] | ♪ This is the place for self-expression ♪ | |
[17:14] | Life is mad, life is sweet ♪ | |
[17:17] | Interesting people ♪ | |
[17:19] | ♪ Living on Christopher Street ♪ | |
[17:30] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[17:36] | Excuse me, sir? | 打扰一下 先生? |
[17:38] | Hi. I was wondering… | 你好 我在想… |
[17:44] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[17:46] | Hi. Sorry. I was just wondering | 你好 抱歉 |
[17:48] | – if perhaps you could help me with something. – Help you with what? | 我在想能否请你帮个忙 什么忙? |
[17:51] | Well, I am looking for a place, a bar, | 我在找一个地方 一家酒吧 |
[17:54] | where someone like me but not me– a friend– | 像我这样的人 不是我 是我朋友 可以和像我一样的人一起喝酒的地方 |
[17:57] | could maybe drink with someone else like me. | |
[18:00] | – What? – You know, | 什么? |
[18:02] | a place where a lady could drink with another lady? | 一个女士可以和其他女士喝酒的地方? |
[18:04] | I can’t help you. | – 我帮不了你 – 好的 |
[18:07] | Excuse me. I am looking for a bar | 打扰一下 我在找一家我这样的女人 可以和其他 像我一样的女人去喝酒的酒吧 |
[18:10] | where women like me can drink with other women like me. | |
[18:12] | Or just women in general. | 或者就是随便什么样的女人 |
[18:14] | They don’t have to be like me. They just have to be… | – 不一定要像我… – 你是警察 |
[18:15] | – You’re a cop. – What? | 什么?不 我不是警察 |
[18:17] | No, I’m not a cop. | 什么?不 我不是警察 |
[18:18] | This is Dior! | 我穿的是迪奥 |
[18:20] | Excuse me. I am not a cop. | 打扰一下 我不是警察 |
[18:22] | I have a record. | 我有前科 |
[18:26] | Hi. I’m not a cop. I was just wondering… | 我不是警察 我想知道… |
[18:28] | Hello. I am not a cop. I was won… | 你好 我不是警察 我曾… |
[18:30] | Hello. Not a cop. I was just wondering… | 你好 不是警察 我想知道… |
[18:32] | Hi. I’m not a cop. I’m not… | 你好 我不是警察 不是警察 |
[18:33] | Not a cop. I… | |
[18:35] | I am not a cop. | 我不是警察 |
[18:44] | – So, you have a friend? – I’m sorry? | – 所以 你有个朋友? – 什么? |
[18:47] | I believe you were making an inquiry for a friend? | 我想你在帮一个朋友问东西? 是的 我朋友 没错 我想知道… |
[18:50] | Oh. Yes. I was. | |
[18:53] | My friend. Yes. I was just wondering | |
[18:55] | – if maybe… – I know two or three places | 我知道两三个地方 你可以去找找看 |
[18:56] | you might be looking for. | |
[18:58] | You do? Oh, that would be wonderful. | 是吗?那太好了 |
[19:01] | And I assume there is no friend. | 我想这个朋友并不存在吧? |
[19:03] | No, there is a friend. Really. | 不 朋友是存在的 真的 |
[19:05] | If you insist. | – 你非要这么说的话 – 是的 她存在的 |
[19:06] | I do. She is. | |
[19:07] | Okay. And this friend, i-is she like you? | 好吧 那这个朋友 |
[19:10] | – Me? – Yeah. | – 她和你像吗? – 我? – 对 – 生理上是一样的 |
[19:11] | Well, anatomically. [chuckles] | – 对 – 生理上是一样的 |
[19:14] | Does she dress like you? | – 她穿着像你一样吗? – 像我? |
[19:15] | Like me? Oh, no. | |
[19:16] | No, no, no, no, no, no. | 哦不 绝不 |
[19:18] | She definitely does not. [laughing] | 她绝对不像我 |
[19:21] | Sorry. I was just picturing her | 抱歉 我在想象她 |
[19:23] | in my kumquat daisy dress with reverse pattern hat. | 穿着我的反向印花 金桔雏菊连衣裙的样子 太好笑了 |
[19:27] | It’s good. | |
[19:30] | Oh, God, the corset. | 哦 天啊 紧身胸衣 |
[19:32] | So it’s not a very good friend. | 看来这朋友不怎么样 |
[19:34] | No, it is. | 不 我们是很好的朋友 |
[19:35] | Sorry. [exhales] Mm. | 对不起 |
[19:38] | Sorry. I’m back. | – 对不起 我回来了 – 好久不见 |
[19:39] | – I missed you. – You were saying? | |
[19:41] | There’s this new place. It just opened. | 你继续说 有家新店 刚开业 |
[19:43] | I hear it’s very welcoming | 我听说那里接受各种不同装束 |
[19:45] | to a mixture of different attires. | |
[19:47] | – It’s right on… – Wait. | – 就在… – 稍等 |
[19:51] | Go ahead. Oh, is it okay if I write this down? | 继续 我可以写下来吗? |
[19:54] | You’re gonna have to eat that paper later. | 等会儿你得把那张纸吃掉 |
[19:57] | A joke. | 开玩笑的 |
[19:58] | – It’s right up… – Wait. | 开玩笑的 – 就在… – 等等 |
[20:00] | You’re not a cop, are you? | 你不是警察吧? |
[20:02] | – This is Dior, too. – Ooh. | 这身也是迪奥 |
[20:05] | – [line ringing] – He’s not there. | |
[20:07] | He’s there. Give him time. | – 他不在 – 他在的 给他点时间接电话 |
[20:09] | So far I’ve heard six rings and zero answers. | 我听到六声铃声 还是没人接 |
[20:11] | [woman] Michael Kessler’s office. | 迈克尔凯斯勒的办公室 |
[20:13] | Oh, great, they decided to pick up. | – 太好了 他们决定接电话了 – 什么? 你好 听得到吗? |
[20:14] | – Pardon? – Y-Yes, hello. | |
[20:17] | Uh, can you hear me okay? | |
[20:18] | I can hear you fine. | 我能听到 |
[20:20] | It’s Abe Weissman and Asher Friedman for Michael. | 这里是安比韦斯曼和艾舍弗里德曼 我们找迈克尔 |
[20:23] | [staticky] Yes, well, Michael is just on his way back from… | 迈克尔在回来的路上… |
[20:26] | – What? – This thing of yours | – 什么? – 这样行不通 |
[20:28] | – is not working. – Could you repeat that? | – 可以再说一次吗? – 你这样行不通! |
[20:30] | This thing of yours is not working! | |
[20:32] | Not you. Her. | 我不是说你 是她 |
[20:33] | Michael is just coming up the stairs. Hold, please. | 迈克尔在上楼 稍等 |
[20:35] | Oh, great, now they’ve got us on hold. | – 现在他们让我们等着 – 他在上楼 |
[20:36] | He’s coming up the stairs. | |
[20:38] | – Michael! – [Kessler] What? | – 迈克尔! – 怎么了? |
[20:39] | [woman] Abe Friedman is on the phone for you! | 安比弗里德曼打电话找你 |
[20:42] | She can’t even get the names right. | 她记不住名字 |
[20:44] | – [Kessler] Shit. Hold on, hold on. I’m coming. – Oh, good. | 该死 稍等 我来了 |
[20:46] | – he sounds very professional. – [cat meows] | 他听起来真专业啊 |
[20:47] | Is that a cat? Does he have a cat? | 是猫吗?他有猫? |
[20:49] | – [Abe] Is he coming? – [woman] Michael’s coming. Michael! | – 他来了吗? – 迈克尔来了 迈克尔! |
[20:52] | [Kessler] I’m coming, geez! Keep your pants on. | 我来了!天啊 别催! |
[20:54] | How long is this fucking staircase? | 这楼梯他妈有多长? |
[20:56] | Hello. | – 喂 – 迈克尔 |
[20:57] | Michael, it’s Abe Weissman | – 喂 – 迈克尔 |
[20:59] | – and Asher Friedman. – Right. | 这里是安比韦斯曼和艾舍弗里德曼 |
[21:01] | – How are you? – Peachy. How’s your cat? | – 你好吗? – 很好 你的猫好吗? 迈克尔 我们上次聊的时候 |
[21:02] | – Good? – Michael, last we spoke, | |
[21:05] | you said you were going to talk | 你说你会找联邦调查局的外勤部门聊 |
[21:06] | to someone at the FBI field office. | |
[21:08] | Were you able to do that? | 你聊了吗? |
[21:10] | [staticky] Yeah, yeah, I did, and I had | 是的 我… |
[21:11] | an incredibly productive conversation with him. | |
[21:14] | Abe, are you purposefully trying to torture me? | 安比 你是在故意折磨我吗? |
[21:16] | – We didn’t get that, Michael! – [cat meows] | – 我们没听清 迈克尔 – 天啊 |
[21:18] | – Oh, Jesus Christ. – I was saying | 我是说 我和那个人聊了 有好消息 |
[21:20] | I spoke to the guy, and I got good news. | |
[21:22] | They have nothing on you. Nothing. | 他们没有要追究你们的事情 没有 |
[21:24] | Some stuffed shirt read your column | 有人读了你的专栏 |
[21:26] | and got his feathers ruffled and kicked it down the chain, | 很生气 找人追查 |
[21:28] | but it’s going nowhere. | 结果无疾而终 |
[21:29] | – Really? – Think about it. | – 真的吗? – 你想想啊 |
[21:30] | You broke into a federal building | 你们闯入联邦大楼 小事情 |
[21:32] | one night. Minor. | |
[21:33] | You lit a small fire. Bigger, | 点了一小把火 有点严重 但损失极小 没人受伤 |
[21:35] | but the damage was tiny, and no one got hurt. | |
[21:36] | The next year, they tore the building down | 他们把大楼推倒重建 |
[21:38] | to build something new, and everyone | |
[21:39] | who would give a shit is dead. | 在意这件事的人都死了 |
[21:41] | So this is a big, fat nothing. | – 根本没什么事 – 根本没什么事 |
[21:42] | It’s a big, fat nothing. | |
[21:43] | They still want to meet to get something on the record, | 他们想见面做点记录 |
[21:45] | but you don’t even have to do it at an FBI office. | 但你们不必去联邦调查局办公室 |
[21:47] | They’ll come to you, and it’ll be over in a flash. | 他们会来找你们 很快就能结束 |
[21:50] | – [cat meows] – Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天! |
[21:51] | Over? As in “over,” over? | 哦 我的天! 结束 彻底结束? |
[21:53] | Over as in “forever.” | 彻底结束 |
[21:55] | – It’s gonna be over. – Forever! | – 会结束的 – 彻底 |
[21:57] | Over forever! I don’t believe it! | 彻底结束 我不敢相信! |
[21:59] | – This is fantastic! – [Asher laughs] – [cat meows] | 太棒了 |
[22:01] | I love this cat! | 我爱这只猫! |
[22:02] | [both laughing] | |
[22:06] | – [Rose laughs] – Dorothy Parker never forgave you. | 多萝西帕克从未原谅你 |
[22:08] | – Oh, Dorothy Parker never knew who I was. – [Abe laughs] | 多萝西帕克根本不认识我 |
[22:10] | Dorothy Parker had a crush on you, Asher. | 多萝西帕克当时迷上你了 你到处吹嘘来着 在阿冈昆 她确实有一次 尾随我进了男厕所 |
[22:12] | – You boasted about it. – Well, she did follow me | |
[22:15] | into the men’s room at the Algonquin once, | |
[22:16] | but that was before the incident with the hat. | 但那是在帽子事件之前 |
[22:18] | Asher was a very good-looking young man. | 艾舍年轻时很帅 |
[22:20] | Sort of a barrel-chested strongman type. | 是啊 是那种有大块胸肌的猛男 |
[22:23] | I used to lift weights with Johnny Weissmuller. | 我以前和约翰尼韦斯穆勒一起举重 也就是泰山本人 |
[22:25] | Tarzan himself. Is that meshuggeneh? | |
[22:27] | Hey, don’t hold out. | – 很疯狂吧? – 别藏着掖着了 |
[22:28] | What happened to Dorothy Parker’s hat? | 多萝西帕克的帽子怎么了? |
[22:30] | – [sighs] I sat on it. – Oh, dear. | – 我坐上去了 – 哦 天啊 |
[22:33] | Second time at the round table, I sat, I listened, | 第二次参加圆桌讨论 我坐下听他们机智的对话 |
[22:36] | they said clever things. | |
[22:37] | An hour later, I stood, | 一小时后 我站起来 帽子就粘在我屁股上 多萝西打量着我说 |
[22:38] | and the damn hat is stuck to my ass. | |
[22:40] | – [all laugh] – So, Dorothy sizes me up | |
[22:42] | and says, “A poem. | |
[22:44] | Today I entered with a hat | “作诗一首 今日 我戴着帽子进房 |
[22:46] | And now it sits where someone shat.” | “此刻 它待在旁人拉屎的地方” 总会发生些疯狂的事 |
[22:49] | – [all laugh] – Crazy, the things that happen, | |
[22:51] | – that I’ve been through. – How about our short, unsuccessful stint | 那我们短暂又失败的 |
[22:54] | as furniture movers, Asher? | 家居搬运临时工经历怎么样 艾舍? |
[22:56] | Oh. That piano. | 我们以为自己搬得了钢琴 |
[22:57] | How we thought we could move a piano. | 我们以为自己搬得了钢琴 |
[22:59] | Up a flight of stairs. A baby grand. | – 把一台小型三角钢琴搬上了一段楼梯 – 我的天 |
[23:01] | – Oh, my God. – I remember this. | 我记得 |
[23:02] | Two hours to get it up, | 我记得 花了两个小时搬上去 |
[23:04] | ten seconds to watch it tumble down the stairs | 看它在十秒内滚下楼梯 |
[23:06] | and land on a squirrel | 砸中了班克街上的一只松鼠 |
[23:07] | – on Bank Street. – Ooh. – [Abe] Oh, God. | |
[23:09] | – What was that? Spring of ’27? – Uh, fall, I think. | 天啊 那是什么时候的事? – 1927年春天? – 我记得是秋天吧 |
[23:13] | I was in the thick of my work at Columbia. | 我正忙着哥大的工作 |
[23:15] | It may even have been late ’26. | – 也可能是1926年末 – 不 |
[23:17] | No. No, it had to be ’27, | 一定是1927年 那时候我和罗斯在约会 |
[23:19] | because that’s when Rosie and I were seeing each other. | |
[23:21] | I’m sorry. One more time? | – 什么?再说一遍 – 陈年往事了 |
[23:22] | [Rose] More ancient history. | |
[23:24] | [Asher] She showed up for our first date | 第一次约会时 她留着路易斯布鲁克斯的发型 |
[23:25] | with that Louise Brooks haircut. | |
[23:27] | Remember? With the bangs? | – 记得吗?有刘海? – 很遗憾 我记得 |
[23:28] | – Unfortunately. – [Abe] Ah, | |
[23:29] | I remember that haircut, too. | 我也记得那个发型 |
[23:31] | [Midge] I’m sorry, hold on. | 不好意思 等一下 |
[23:33] | You two went out together? And you had bangs? | 你们约会过? – 你还留过刘海? – 都是很久以前的事了 |
[23:35] | Oh, it was all so long ago. | |
[23:37] | Where were you, Papa? | 你那时候在哪儿 爸爸? |
[23:38] | I was dating Tarzan at the time. | 那时候我在和泰山约会 等一下 这是在你们俩恋爱之前的事? |
[23:40] | – [Rose, Asher and Abe laugh] – Wait. Wait, wait. | |
[23:42] | Was this before you two were together? | |
[23:44] | – It was in between. – In between? | – 是恋爱的间隙 – 间隙? |
[23:46] | – You-you had an intermission? – We broke up for a while. | – 你们的恋情中断过? – 我们分手了一段时间 |
[23:48] | You did? | – 是吗? – 我犯了年轻男生会犯的错误 |
[23:50] | I made a young man’s mistake | – 是吗? – 我犯了年轻男生会犯的错误 |
[23:52] | and told your mother I couldn’t see her | 跟你妈说我要专心攻读博士 |
[23:53] | because I needed to focus on my PhD. | |
[23:56] | Who could focus when you’re with the beautiful Rosie? | 和美丽的罗斯在一起 谁能专心? |
[23:58] | – Oh, stop. – [Asher chuckles] | 别说了 |
[23:59] | We went together, what, one month? | 我们谈了一个月还是两个月? |
[24:00] | – Two months? – [Rose] Somewhere in there. | – 差不多吧 – 你知情? |
[24:02] | And you knew? | – 差不多吧 – 你知情? |
[24:03] | [Rose] I had to tell him 20 times, | 我跟他说了得有20遍 最后他听进去了 |
[24:04] | but he finally seemed to hear me. | |
[24:06] | [Asher] And by then, I had gotten back together | 但后来我和德洛雷斯复合了 那是我第一任妻子 我肯定没有安比和罗斯这么好运 |
[24:07] | with Delores. Wife number one. | |
[24:09] | I was not as lucky as Abe and Rosie, | |
[24:11] | – that’s for sure. – [Abe] I’ll grab us another bottle of wine. | 我再去拿一瓶酒 |
[24:13] | – [Asher] Mm. – Then I want to hear more | 等你回来 我要听你讲和泰山的约会 |
[24:15] | about that fling you had with Tarzan. | 等你回来 我要听你讲和泰山的约会 |
[24:16] | [chuckles] It was a crazy time, the ’20s. | 那是疯狂的20年代 大家彼此约会 |
[24:19] | Everyone went out with everyone. | |
[24:21] | Carol went out with John, who went out with Martha, | 卡罗尔和约翰在一起过 她也约过玛莎 |
[24:23] | – who went out with Abigail. No one could keep track. – [Asher chuckles] | 还有阿比盖尔 谁都记不清 |
[24:26] | – That’s for sure. – [Abe laughs] | 确实如此 |
[24:27] | [Rose] Who did Delores marry after you, Asher? | – 德洛雷斯离开你后嫁给了谁? – 约翰巴里摩尔 – 我就知道是名人 – 真的? |
[24:30] | – [Asher] John Barrymore. – [Rose] I knew it was someone famous. | |
[24:32] | – [Midge] Really? – [Asher] I went to their wedding. | |
[24:34] | – I outdrank John. – [Rose] What was that wedding like? | 我去了婚礼 喝得比约翰尼还多 婚礼如何? |
[24:37] | [Asher] Big. Expensive. | 盛大豪华 |
[24:38] | And then they got divorced. She married her obstetrician. | 后来他们离婚了 她嫁给了她的产科医生 |
[24:40] | Her obstetrician? | 她的产科医生? |
[24:42] | – [Midge] Guess the man liked what he saw. – [laughs] | 看来那个男人爱上了 诊治时的所见所闻 |
[24:45] | – Our last bottle. – [Midge] Mmm. | 最后一瓶 |
[24:47] | Then we break into Rose’s sherry stash. | 后面就要拿罗斯的雪莉酒藏品了 |
[24:50] | [Asher] You know, I-I just might change my train ticket | 如果可以的话 我可能改签一下火车票 |
[24:52] | and stay another day or two if that’s okay. | 再待个一两天 |
[24:55] | – Fine by me. – Oh, please do, Asher. | – 我没问题 – 留下吧 |
[24:56] | I’d love to visit some of my places in the Village, | 村里有几个我想去的地方 |
[24:59] | hit my old haunts. | 去以前常去的地方 好久没来了 有了一些改变 |
[25:00] | – It’s been a long time. – [Rose] It’s changed some. | |
[25:05] | This is the place? | 就是这里吗? |
[25:06] | – This is the place. – Big. | 就是这里吗? 就是这里 |
[25:08] | – Big and airy. – It needs a spruce. | – 好大 – 大而通透 |
[25:10] | But try to look beyond the dirt. | 得打扫一下 你可以先忽略灰尘来看它 |
[25:12] | It’s got nice northern exposure, a classic view. | 很棒的北朝向 景色不错 |
[25:16] | Nine subway lines right below us, | 九条地铁线 就在楼下 |
[25:18] | so the commute’s easy from anywhere. | 通勤很容易 |
[25:20] | Good people on this floor, too. | 这层楼邻居也不错 他们看到什么 |
[25:22] | When they see something, they don’t talk. | |
[25:24] | But what is this place? What was it before? | – 也不会多嘴 – 这是什么地方? |
[25:26] | Well, we used it as a kind of house | 以前是什么? 我们拿它当作 可以让人感到安全的房间 |
[25:28] | that one could feel, uh, safe in. | |
[25:31] | – So it was a safe house? – Something like that. | – 这是安全屋? – 类似吧 |
[25:34] | There’s a giant blood stain on the floor. | – 这里有血渍 – 对那家伙来说不算安全 找块地毯就能盖住了 |
[25:36] | – Wasn’t so safe for that guy. – A nice rug will cover that up. | |
[25:39] | We think this place would be perfect for you. | 我们觉得这里很适合你 |
[25:41] | Guys, I can’t afford this. | 两位 我可负担不起 |
[25:43] | Hey, we’re aware of your financial predicament. | 我们了解你的财务困境 |
[25:45] | It’s sitting here empty, collecting dust. Use it. | 这里空着也是空着 只能积灰 你来住吧 |
[25:48] | I wouldn’t know what to do with this much space. | 这么大的空间我也用不上 |
[25:51] | I mean, there’s only one of me, and I’m never home. | 我一个人生活 很少回家 |
[25:53] | What? You get another desk, add a settee, | 你再搞张桌子 一把长椅 后面的房间弄个折叠床 也许再搞棵绿植 |
[25:55] | throw a Murphy bed in the back room, maybe a plant. | |
[25:58] | You get a nice table out here, | 外面放张漂亮的桌子 倒点咖啡 |
[26:00] | you put out some coffee, some Danish. | |
[26:02] | You get your name etched on the door. | 放点甜品 门上刻好你的名字 |
[26:04] | My name? | – 我的名字? – 苏西梅尔森事务所 |
[26:06] | Susie Myerson and Associates. | – 我的名字? – 苏西梅尔森事务所 苏西梅尔森事务所 |
[26:08] | Susie Myerson and Associates. | |
[26:11] | [Frank] It’s the perfect live-work combination. | 完美的工作生活结合 是时候扩展业务了 开始你的事业 |
[26:13] | It’s your chance to expand. Start your business. | |
[26:15] | Live here, work here. | – 在这里生活、工作 – 开始好好赚钱 |
[26:17] | [Frank] And start to make some real money. | |
[26:19] | And we can even delay charging you rent or anything like that | 我们甚至可以给你宽限房租 |
[26:22] | till you get settled and got a cash flow. | 等你安顿好、有了现金再说 |
[26:24] | Just give us a little piece of the action in return. | 你的公司挣钱了分我们一点 |
[26:26] | Of Susie Myerson and Associates. | 苏西梅尔森事务所 |
[26:28] | Yeah, yeah. | 好的 |
[26:29] | Does that sound okay? You give us a taste? | 听起来如何?给我们一点分成? |
[26:32] | – Yeah, sure, whatever. – Great. | – 当然 怎样都行 – 太好了 |
[26:34] | Everybody wins. | 多赢方案 |
[26:36] | Susie Myerson and Associates. | 多赢方案 苏西梅尔森事务所 |
[26:40] | I got a shit ton of work to do on it, | 那里的改造是个大工程 |
[26:42] | and I stopped counting the rats | 老鼠多到我数到三位数然后放弃了 |
[26:43] | after it got into the triple digits, | |
[26:44] | but the elevator fucking works, there is a bathroom, | 但电梯能用 |
[26:47] | oh, and the view. Did I tell you about the motherfucking view? | 有卫生间 我有没有说过那里的风景? |
[26:50] | – Are these odds or evens? – [grunts] | 这边的门牌是单数还是双数? |
[26:52] | Oh, the view alone says “big cheese.” | 光看风景就给人一种“大人物”的感觉 |
[26:54] | I’m only gonna take meetings at night | 我要晚上开会 |
[26:56] | so that all potential clients will walk in and see that view. | 让所有潜在客户走进来都看到风景 |
[26:59] | – Did we pass it? – And as they stand there | – 我们走过了吗? – 当他们站在那里 |
[27:01] | and look at that view, I’ll walk up behind them and say… | 看着风景 我就走上前说:“看到没? |
[27:03] | [gravelly voice] “You see that? | |
[27:04] | Sign with me, and it’s all yours.” | “和我签约 这些都属于你” |
[27:06] | [normal voice] I mean, I won’t say it like that | 我不会用那种肺气肿的皮条客腔调 |
[27:07] | with an emphysemic pimp voice, | |
[27:09] | – but just wait till you see it. – Ah! Here it is. | 但你看到就知道了 |
[27:11] | – [♪ Connie Francis: “Stupid Cupid”] – Fucking great view. | – 到了 – 景色太他妈好了 |
[27:13] | – [music grows louder] – Now, I have to install a phone | 我得装一部电话 买点办公设备 |
[27:14] | and buy some office equipment. | 我得装一部电话 买点办公设备 |
[27:16] | Gonna need a lot of pencils. | 买很多铅笔 不知道能用来干什么 |
[27:18] | Don’t even know what I’ll use them for, | |
[27:19] | but I’ll have them, and I’ll keep them sharp. | 但我会把它们都削尖 |
[27:21] | – Oh, table. – Hey, maybe I should get some of those paper clips. | 看 有位子 我也许应该去买点回形针和文件夹 会有很多文件 |
[27:23] | File covers for files. There’s gonna be a lot of files. | |
[27:26] | Hey, I should get my own typewriter. | 我应该搞一台自己的打字机 两台 是不是很疯狂? |
[27:28] | Maybe two typewriters. That crazy? | 我应该搞一台自己的打字机 两台 是不是很疯狂? |
[27:30] | You know what? I’ll start with one, see how it goes. | 先搞一台吧 看看情况 |
[27:33] | I am gonna type the shit out of that typewriter. | 我会在打字机上打好多东西 |
[27:35] | Whiskey neat. Two. | 去冰威士忌 两杯 |
[27:38] | Hey, should I get a secretary? | 我要找个秘书吗?哈里有三个秘书 |
[27:39] | Harry has three secretaries. | |
[27:41] | That’s when you know you made it, | 这就是你成功的标志 三个傻子 |
[27:42] | when there’re three dumpy broads sitting outside | |
[27:44] | your office that know all your shit. | 坐在你办公室外面 对你的事了如指掌 |
[27:45] | – Let’s get a drink. – Done. | – 我们点杯喝的吧 – 点好了 |
[27:48] | ♪ Stupid cupid, stop picking on me ♪ | |
[27:49] | I have to say, I’m… | 不得不说 我… |
[27:51] | Okay, fuck it. I’m excited. | 好吧 我摊牌了!我很兴奋 |
[27:53] | There, I said it. Eat me, I’m excited! | 我说出来了 怎么样吧 你能把我吃了吗?我很兴奋 |
[27:56] | – [chuckles] – [indistinct chatter] | |
[27:58] | – [jazz music playing] – [woman] Oh, it’s our song. | |
[28:05] | ♪ I’m nobody… | |
[28:07] | What is this? | 这是什么地方? |
[28:08] | It’s new. | 这是什么地方? 新开的 |
[28:10] | – Did you… – What? | – 你是… – 怎么了? |
[28:12] | Did you bring me to a lesbian bar? | – 你是带我来了一家女同酒吧吗? – 有趣吧? |
[28:13] | Fun, huh? | |
[28:15] | – What the fuck? – What the fuck, what? | – 搞什么东西? – 怎么了? |
[28:17] | I just said “eat me” really loud. | 我刚刚很大声地说“你能把我吃了吗”! |
[28:20] | – Are you upset? – Why would you do this? | 你生气了吗? 为什么要做这种事? |
[28:22] | Well, I just thought I’d try. | 我就是想试一试 我都不知道… |
[28:24] | I mean, I-I… It-it… I never know… | |
[28:26] | You never talk about yourself. | 你从来不聊你自己 |
[28:27] | That’s ’cause it’s none of your business. | 跟你没关系 |
[28:29] | Yeah, but we’re together all the time, | 是 但我们一直在一起 我就想着我该试着… |
[28:31] | and I just thought I’d try… | |
[28:32] | – I don’t care. – What? | – 我不在乎 – 什么? |
[28:35] | I just want you to know I don’t care. | 我就是想让你知道 我不在乎 |
[28:37] | – You don’t? – No. I am totally comfortable | 你不在乎? 不在乎 不管你是什么取向 我都不介意 |
[28:40] | with you being whatever it is you want to be. | |
[28:43] | Well, thank you very much for your permission. | 非常感谢你的允许 |
[28:45] | – I didn’t mean… – May I go to the bathroom? | – 我不是这个意思… – 我可以去洗手间吗? |
[28:48] | Do I need a note from my mother to get out of gym class? | 我是不是要写假条才能不去上体育课? |
[28:50] | I just meant you can tell me anything. | 我是说 不管什么事你都可以跟我讲 |
[28:52] | Jesus Christ. Miriam. | 老天啊 米里亚姆 |
[28:53] | How did you even know about this place? | 你怎么找到这个地方的? |
[28:55] | What, you hang out on Christopher Street | 你去克里斯托弗街 |
[28:57] | asking guys with carnations in their lapels | 找了个西服翻领里插着康乃馨的人 |
[28:59] | where to find a butch bar? | 问他哪里有这种酒吧? |
[29:00] | No. I was… | 不 我的问法没有那么具体 |
[29:03] | not that specific. | |
[29:04] | What’d you think, you’d bring me here, | 你以为你带我来这儿 我就会立刻开始找对象了吗? |
[29:06] | I’d look around and just… [purrs] dive in? | |
[29:08] | I wanted to give you the option. | 我想给你一个选择 |
[29:09] | I didn’t have a plan. | 我并没有什么计划 我只是想来这儿看看情况 |
[29:11] | I just thought we’d hang out, check out the scene. | 我并没有什么计划 我只是想来这儿看看情况 |
[29:13] | “The scene”? | 看看情况?这里是格林威治村 |
[29:14] | This is the Village. I live here. | 看看情况?这里是格林威治村 |
[29:16] | You think I don’t know how to find a lesbian bar? | 我住这里 我知道怎么找到女同酒吧 |
[29:18] | There are three within rock-throwing distance. | 扔个石头就能找到三家 |
[29:20] | Two doors down, there’s guys | 再往下走两家 就是基佬用拳头互捅后门的地方 |
[29:21] | sticking their fists up each other’s asses. | |
[29:23] | This is my town. I know everything. | 这是我家 我什么都知道 |
[29:26] | You are always alone. Always. | 你总是一个人 |
[29:28] | So the fuck what? | 那又怎样! |
[29:30] | I don’t want you to be alone. | – 我不希望你孤身一人 – 这是我自己的事 |
[29:31] | Let me worry about that. | |
[29:33] | – I want you to be happy. – Mm. | 我希望你开心 |
[29:36] | Great. Pay for my drink. | – 很好 帮我付酒钱 – 苏西 |
[29:38] | Susie. | |
[29:40] | I am focused on one thing right now. | 我现在只专注于一件事 就是苏西梅尔森事务所 心无旁骛 |
[29:42] | Susie Myerson and Associates. That’s it. | |
[29:44] | Being your manager. Not just your manager. | 做好你的经纪人 不只是你的经纪人 |
[29:46] | Being a manager. The manager. Do you understand? | 而是一位专职经纪人 你明白吗? |
[29:50] | – Yeah, but… – I got a fucking view! | – 明白 可是… – 我窗口的景观很好! |
[29:53] | ♪ I’m nobody’s sweet baby no more ♪ | |
[29:57] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[29:59] | [Alfie] I can’t give your money back. | 我没法还你的钱 我都花掉了 |
[30:01] | – I spent it. And that’s not magic. – What can I get you? | |
[30:03] | – [Alfie] It’s commerce. – No, I’m just here to… | 我能给你点什么? 我只是来… 嘿!你这是挑软柿子捏 |
[30:04] | – [grunts] – Hey! | |
[30:06] | You’re shooting fish in a barrel! | |
[30:08] | – [man] Take it outside. – Two out of three. | 三局两胜 |
[30:10] | Shut up. Welcome to Susie Myerson and Associates. | 三局两胜 闭嘴! 欢迎来到苏西梅尔森事务所 你会喜欢窗口的风景的 快走! |
[30:12] | You’ll love the view. Now move! | |
[30:16] | [bartender] Here you go, doll. | |
[30:18] | – [laughter] – [indistinct chatter] | |
[30:22] | Mitzi! You’re up. | 米兹 该你上场了 屁股动起来 |
[30:24] | – Move your ass! – [indistinct chatter] | |
[30:28] | – Hey! – Yeah? | – 嘿 – 怎么了? |
[30:29] | You have to knock. | – 你得敲门 – 什么? |
[30:31] | – What? – From now on. | 从现在起 你不能就这样闯进来 |
[30:32] | You can’t just come in here, | 从现在起 你不能就这样闯进来 |
[30:33] | stick your face in, stick anything in, | 每次进来前先敲门 |
[30:34] | – before you knock. – [women shushing] | 每次进来前先敲门 |
[30:36] | This dressing room is for ladies only. | 这是女士更衣室 |
[30:37] | You are a man. Right? | 你是男人 明白吗? |
[30:40] | – Yes. I’m a man. – Men… knock. | 是 我是男人 男人就要敲门 |
[30:43] | – But I run this place. – You run the theater. | 这地方归我管 剧院归你管 更衣室归我们管 人类的屁股是长在身体上的 |
[30:45] | We run the dressing room. Oh, and people’s asses are attached | |
[30:47] | to the rest of their bodies. so a simple, | |
[30:49] | “Mitzi, you’re up,” will do. | 你只要说:“米兹 动起来”就可以了 |
[30:50] | If she goes, her ass goes, too. | 只要米兹动起来 她的屁股也就动了 明白吗? |
[30:51] | – Got it? Great. – Uh… | |
[30:53] | Great, let’s review. You, boy. | 很好 我们复习一下 你是男人 |
[30:55] | Boys… | – 男人? – 敲门 |
[30:57] | – Knock. – Trial run. Give it a shot. | – 男人? – 敲门 试运行一下 来吧 |
[30:59] | [knocks quietly] | |
[31:01] | A little louder if you want them to hear. | 想让她们听见 你就敲大声点 但你努力了 很好 懂了吗? |
[31:02] | But A for effort. | |
[31:04] | – Okay? – Okay. | |
[31:05] | – Okay? – [women] Okay! | – 懂了 – 好的 |
[31:07] | Did she just call us fucking ladies? | 她刚才管我们叫女士吗? |
[31:08] | Great. Bye. | 很好 再见 再见 |
[31:17] | [Boise scoffs] | |
[31:18] | [all laughing] | |
[31:21] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[31:28] | Susie, you missed it. | |
[31:30] | I banned Boise from the dressing room. | 苏西 我禁止博伊西随意进入更衣室了 |
[31:32] | There’s a knock policy now. | 现在他必须敲门 |
[31:34] | Boys knock because girls have knockers. | 男人要敲门 因为这是女更衣室 |
[31:36] | I know. Save it for the stage, but you know. | 我知道 这段子 应该留着在舞台上讲 不过… |
[31:38] | – Payday. Payday. – What? | – 发薪日 – 什么? |
[31:40] | Ah, geez, the both of you. | – 发薪日 – 天啊 你们两个都在 |
[31:42] | – The day you reach into your little cash box. – Okay, okay. | – 今天你该打开现金盒子了 – 好的 |
[31:44] | – And you hand me the money. – I got it. | – 把你欠我的钱交给我 – 知道了 |
[31:45] | – That you owe me. – I’m doing it. | |
[31:47] | – Top drawer. Right side. – Mm-hmm. | 最上边的抽屉 右边 |
[31:48] | – I know where the box is. – Under the keys. | – 我知道盒子在哪儿 – 在钥匙下面 |
[31:50] | It’s my drawer. I know what’s in my drawer. | 这是我的抽屉 我知道里面有什么 |
[31:54] | I bet you know what every one of those is for, huh? | 你一定知道每把钥匙是开什么的 |
[31:56] | You know, technically I don’t have to give you this | 严格来讲 在她完成今晚的演出前 |
[31:59] | until she’s finished her last set of the night, | 我不用把薪水给你 但我是个好人 |
[32:01] | but I’m a prince, so… | |
[32:03] | Well, pleasure doing business with you, Your Highness. | 很高兴和你做生意 阁下 |
[32:05] | [Boise chuckles] | |
[32:06] | Will you just talk to me for a minute? | 能和我聊一下吗?我想聊聊… |
[32:08] | – I wanted to talk to you about… – Here. | |
[32:09] | Thank you. Susie, please. | – 给 – 谢谢 |
[32:12] | Susie, stop. | 苏西 拜托 停下! |
[32:13] | Susie, just… | 苏西 就… |
[32:15] | [exhales] | |
[32:17] | Shit. | 该死 |
[32:19] | You’re up, Maisel. Get your… | 该你了 梅赛尔 把你的… |
[32:21] | Get it… that thing behind you… | 你后面那个 你… |
[32:24] | Get… | |
[32:27] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[32:30] | – [cheering] – [applause] | |
[32:41] | – [stomps twice] – Oy! | |
[32:43] | Oh. You gonna talk? | – 喂! – 你要讲话了? |
[32:45] | Yeah. I figured, what the fuck? | 我想是的 搞什么呢? |
[32:50] | Let’s have another hand for Mitzi. | 让我们再次为米兹鼓掌! |
[32:53] | – [cheering] – [applause] | |
[33:00] | Hey guys, I’m curious. | 嘿 各位 我很好奇 |
[33:01] | How many of your wives know you’re here tonight? | 你们当中有多少人的妻子 知道你们今晚在这里? |
[33:04] | – [woman] Whoa! – [laughter] | |
[33:06] | Hmm? | |
[33:08] | Little news for you. | 告诉你们个消息 |
[33:09] | All of them. | 她们都知道 |
[33:11] | And how? Laundry. | 怎么知道的? 洗衣服就能发现 |
[33:14] | – Shh, shh, shh. – Because laundry is the diary of your day. | 因为衣服就如同你们的日记 |
[33:17] | One sniff of your shirt, they can smell Lucy, | 闻一下衬衫 她们能闻出 你的放荡秘书露西的味道 |
[33:19] | your “loose-y” secretary. | |
[33:22] | They can smell the horse track. | 能闻出马场还有和兄弟抽雪茄的味道 和露西一起抽的雪茄味 |
[33:23] | The cigars with the boys. The cigars with Lucy. | |
[33:26] | And they can definitely smell this place. | 当然肯定也能闻出这个地方 此外 她们晚上会 趁你们睡着检查你们的裤子 |
[33:30] | Plus they go through your pants and wallets at night | |
[33:32] | while you’re asleep. | |
[33:33] | They know everything. | 她们什么都知道 |
[33:35] | They just pretend they don’t. And why? | 只是装作不知道 为什么? |
[33:38] | Because they’ve got their own secret lives. | 因为她们自己也有秘密生活 你们以为妻子没有你们不了解的生活? |
[33:42] | Oh, you don’t think your wife has a life | |
[33:45] | you don’t know about? | |
[33:46] | Your wife is home alone all day long. | 你妻子整天独自在家 |
[33:49] | You know who else is around your house all day long? | 知道还有什么人整天在你家附近吗? |
[33:52] | Milkmen, mailmen… | 送奶工 |
[33:55] | handymen… | 邮递员 修理工 |
[33:57] | salesmen. | 推销员 |
[33:59] | Do you know how many products there are to sell out there? | 知道他们有多少产品要卖吗? |
[34:01] | Any of you come home one day, | 某天回家 发现一台新吸尘器 |
[34:03] | and there’s a brand new vacuum cleaner? | |
[34:05] | I mean, you had a perfectly good one when you left | 你离开家时 家里明明有一台好用的吸尘器 |
[34:06] | in the morning but then, ding dong, “Hi, I’m handsome.” | 但那天有人敲门:“你好 我很帅 |
[34:11] | “Want to reach those hard-to-reach spots? | “想碰到难以触碰的地方吗? |
[34:13] | “I’ve got an expandable attachment | “我有一个扩展附件 你会喜欢的” |
[34:14] | that you’re gonna love.” | |
[34:16] | Hey, you think I pay you to stand there? | 嘿 我付钱是让你们干站着的吗? 照顾客人 上酒 快! |
[34:18] | Customers, drinks, go. | |
[34:20] | [Midge] And you want her to have that secret life. | 你们会希望妻子有秘密生活的 相信我 |
[34:22] | Trust me. ‘Cause if she didn’t, | |
[34:24] | with all that she knows about yours, | 如果没有的话 就凭她们知道的你们做的那些事 |
[34:26] | she’d spend those lonely nights sitting there thinking, | 她在那些寂寞的夜晚就会思考 |
[34:28] | “How long would I have to hold this pillow | “我要拿枕头捂住他的脸多久 他才会停止呼吸?” 我可以回答这个问题 三分钟 如果他抽烟 两分半 保持住你们的了不起的盖茨比的气场 |
[34:30] | over his face before his breathing stops?” | |
[34:32] | I can answer that, ladies. | |
[34:34] | Three minutes. Two and a half if he smokes. | |
[34:36] | – [laughter] – [applause] | |
[34:37] | Now hold on to your Great Gatsbys, guys, | |
[34:40] | ’cause here comes our salute | 接下来为咆哮的20年代欢呼! |
[34:42] | to the Roaring ’20s! | |
[34:44] | – [cheering] – [applause] | |
[34:49] | – Heads up. – Huh? | 小心 |
[34:52] | [Trixie] Motherfucker! | |
[34:57] | Boy, you’re almost as funny as the men comics. | 天啊 你几乎和男喜剧演员一样有趣 – 这个问题我们以后再解决 – 该死 |
[35:00] | We’re gonna work on that. | |
[35:02] | – [dog barking] – Oh, shit! | |
[35:06] | We really appreciate you doing this on our home turf, | 感谢你来我们这里处理事情 韦伯探员 |
[35:08] | – Agent Webber. – Yes, thank you. | 是啊 谢谢 |
[35:10] | I live six blocks away, so I get to walk home tonight. | 我住的地方离这里六个街区 今晚可以走路回家 |
[35:12] | – Good deal. – Excuse me, can I get anything else for anybody? | 挺好的 还有谁需要点什么吗?咖啡?茶? |
[35:15] | Coffee? Tea? | |
[35:17] | By the time you brew it, I’ll be gone, but thank you, ma’am. | 等你煮好我已经走了 不过还是谢谢 |
[35:19] | Yes, thanks, Rosie. [chuckles] | 是的 谢谢你 罗斯 |
[35:21] | [Webber] Now, gentlemen, let me remind you both | 先生们 我再提醒一下 两位都宣过誓 |
[35:23] | that you’re under oath. | |
[35:25] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 这是安比表达“懂了”的方式 |
[35:28] | That’s Abe’s way of saying, “Got it.” | |
[35:31] | [Webber] Then let’s proceed. | 那我们继续 |
[35:32] | So, some years ago, there was an incident. | 很多年前发生了一场事故 我们的档案里有记载 |
[35:34] | And it hit our files. | |
[35:36] | Careful with that, it’s a relic. | 小心 这是证物 韦斯曼先生最近在 《乡村之声》里写到了这场事故 |
[35:38] | And Mr. Weissman recently wrote | |
[35:40] | about this incident in The Village Voice. | |
[35:42] | And it implicated the two of you, but I am here today | 牵扯到了你们两位 我是来看看如何能给这个事件收尾 |
[35:45] | to see what we can do to close this matter. Mr. Kessler? | |
[35:48] | Thank you. For the record, we’ve got two young men | – 凯斯勒先生? – 谢谢 说明一下 这是过去那个时代的 两位年轻人 活动家 |
[35:51] | of a bygone era– activists, patriots– | |
[35:53] | who walk into a federal building, admittedly uninvited, | 爱国者 他们走进一幢联邦大楼 承认自己未受邀请 |
[35:57] | they cause a little mischief, then leave | 做了一点恶作剧 |
[35:59] | without harming a fly. Those are the facts. | 他们走的时候连一只苍蝇都没伤害过 |
[36:01] | Now, hold on, since we’re under oath, | – 以上皆为事实 – 等一下 既然我们宣过誓了 |
[36:03] | no fly was harmed, but a water bug… | 我得说下 虽然没有苍蝇受伤 但有只水虫… |
[36:06] | [sputters] …got it pretty good. | 把它伤得不轻 |
[36:08] | [laughter] | |
[36:11] | Ah, this all seems very open and shut. | 听起来都很简单清楚 没有造成伤害 所以没什么关系 |
[36:14] | No harm, no foul. | |
[36:15] | I believe I already have more than enough here | 我已经得到了足够多的信息 来向华盛顿汇报… 艾舍走进了那幢大楼 |
[36:17] | – to report back to D.C. that… – Asher walked into the building. | |
[36:20] | I’m sorry, uh, what? | 你说什么? |
[36:23] | Asher walked into the building. | 艾舍走进了那幢大楼 我没有… 进入大楼 |
[36:24] | I didn’t go inside the building. | |
[36:27] | I stayed outside. | 我待在外面 |
[36:29] | We don’t need to Martha Graham this whole thing, right? | 没必要像玛莎葛兰姆那样 |
[36:31] | With the precise choreography? | 细抠每一个动作细节 |
[36:33] | I’m under oath, so I’m being accurate. | 我宣过誓 所以 |
[36:35] | Asher walked into the building. | 我要准确陈述事实 艾舍走进了大楼 |
[36:36] | Asher lit the fire, Asher committed arson. | 艾舍点了火 艾舍犯了纵火罪 |
[36:39] | – Look, gentlemen… – Abe, what are you doing? | – 先生们… – 你在干什么? |
[36:41] | I’m telling the FBI what happened. | 我在告诉联邦调查局探员 之前发生了什么 |
[36:43] | You walked into the building… | 你走进了大楼 |
[36:45] | And you stood lookout, which makes you just as culpable. | 而你在望风 所以你也同罪 |
[36:47] | I didn’t know he was going in | 我并不知道他会纵火 写下来 |
[36:49] | to commit an act of arson. You should write that down. | |
[36:52] | Well, why did you think I was going in? | 你以为我进去干什么? |
[36:54] | To admire the portrait of Warren G. Harding? | 欣赏哈丁的肖像吗? |
[36:56] | Whoa, whoa! Guys, guys, slow down! | 哇 两位 等一下 |
[36:58] | Old friends. Old, cranky, loquacious friends. | 老朋友了 暴躁又多嘴的朋友 |
[37:01] | He also vandalized the stock exchange in 1923. | 他还在1923年破坏过证券交易所 |
[37:03] | Is that in your files? | – 你的档案里有吗? – 什么东西? |
[37:05] | [Asher] Abe, what the fuck?! | – 你的档案里有吗? – 什么东西? |
[37:07] | Just him, not me. You really should write this down. | 只有他 我没参与 你应该写下来 |
[37:09] | – I’m gonna need a pen. – You do not need a pen. | – 我需要一支笔 – 你不需要 |
[37:11] | In fact, Agent Webber, can we speak in private? | 我们可以私下聊几句吗? |
[37:13] | I have some background information that may help here. | 我有一些背景信息可能有帮助 |
[37:15] | Sure. Should I bring a pen? | 我要带笔吗? |
[37:17] | Do not bring a pen. | 不需要带笔 |
[37:20] | [door closes] | |
[37:25] | – Why? | – Why? 为什么? 为什么? |
[37:28] | I heard yelling. What happened? | 我听到了争吵声 怎么了? |
[37:30] | How long did you two go out? | 你们两个约会了多长时间? |
[37:32] | What are you talking about? | – 你在说什么? – 你和罗斯 多久? |
[37:33] | You and Rosie. How long? | |
[37:35] | [Asher] Oh, no. | 哦 不 不要告诉我你是为了这事 |
[37:36] | Do not tell me that this is what it’s about. | |
[37:39] | I want to know how long my alleged wife | 我想知道我妻子 和我所谓最好的朋友约会了多久 |
[37:40] | went out with my alleged best friend. | |
[37:42] | Abe, I told you I went out with Asher. | 我和艾舍约会时跟你说过 |
[37:44] | – You did not. – I did! | – 你没有 – 我说了 至少20次 |
[37:46] | 20 times, at least! | |
[37:47] | Rose, I admit that sometimes I don’t listen to you, | 罗斯 我承认有时不会认真听你说话 |
[37:50] | but this time, I was listening to you | 但这次 你没告诉我 |
[37:53] | when you did not tell me that you schtupped my best friend. | 你和我最好的朋友上床时 我在听 |
[37:56] | – Abe! – I’m sorry. | – 安比 – 不好意思 |
[37:58] | So you’re selling me out to the FBI | 你向联邦调查局探员出卖我 |
[38:00] | because Rosie and I went out a few times? | 就是因为我和罗斯约过几次会? |
[38:03] | A few times? The other day, it was two months. How long was it? | 那天你说是两个月 所以到底是多久? |
[38:05] | It was 35 years ago– who cares?! | 都35年前的事了 谁在乎啊? |
[38:08] | And you, you with your, “He was so good-looking | 还有你 你说 “他特别帅” 你还有什么事 |
[38:11] | when he was young.” Is there anything else | |
[38:12] | you want to tell me about? | – 要告诉我的吗? – 安比 你失去理智了 |
[38:13] | Abe Weissman, you’re being irrational. | |
[38:15] | What parts of this woman’s body did you touch? | 你碰过她身上什么部位? |
[38:17] | – Abe! – What? | – 安比 – 什么? 什么部位?因为我想标记一下 |
[38:19] | What parts? Because I want to mark them off, | 什么部位?因为我想标记一下 |
[38:21] | and I am never going to touch those parts again. | 以后再也不碰那些地方 |
[38:22] | Are you hearing yourself? | 你知道自己在说什么吗? |
[38:25] | I have just the right chalk. | 我刚好有一种粉笔 持久不褪色 |
[38:26] | Long lasting, doesn’t erase. | |
[38:28] | Abe… | – 安比 – 我受够你们两个了! |
[38:29] | I’ve had enough of you two! | – 安比 – 我受够你们两个了! |
[38:31] | [Rose] Abe… | 安比 |
[38:33] | You are out of your fucking mind! | 你他妈脑子进水了! |
[38:36] | – Abe! – Did he just lock himself in his room? | – 安比 – 他把自己锁房间里了? |
[38:38] | Abe, may I remind you that you broke up with me. | 安比 我是不是要提醒你一下 是你和我分的手? |
[38:42] | [Abe] Rose, may I remind you that I was working on my PhD, | 罗斯 我要提醒你一下 当时我在攻读博士学位 |
[38:46] | and I told you that when it was complete, I might come back! | 我跟你说过 读完之后 我可能会回到你身边 |
[38:50] | I was very upfront and sincere about that. | 在这一点上我很坦诚 |
[38:53] | Asher, I’m very sorry about this. | 艾舍 我很抱歉 安比完全过分了 很好 他回来了 |
[38:55] | Abe is completely out of line. | |
[38:57] | [Asher] Oh, good, he’s back. | |
[38:59] | I could have schtupped Delores. | 我本来可以和德洛雷斯睡的 |
[39:01] | – What? – Yeah, while you and Rose | – 什么? – 是的 当你和罗斯还有她的 路易斯布鲁克斯下流发型在闲逛时 |
[39:04] | and her Louise Brooks harlot hair were catting about, | |
[39:06] | Delores made it very clear that she wanted me badly. | 德洛雷斯曾明确表示过想要我 |
[39:09] | Delores wanted everybody, Abe! | 德洛雷斯谁都想要 安比! 尤金奥尼尔、阿伦科普兰 |
[39:13] | Eugene O’Neill, Aaron Copland, | |
[39:16] | Tarzan, Josephine Baker. | 泰山、约瑟芬贝克 我的天 |
[39:18] | Sh-sh… My God… | |
[39:21] | What? | 怎么了? |
[39:23] | I just had an idea for a play. | 我刚想到一部剧的灵感 |
[39:25] | – What? – It’s the best idea | 什么? |
[39:27] | for a play I’ve had in 20 years. | 这是我20年来 想到的最好的戏剧点子 |
[39:29] | I-I see it. | |
[39:30] | I see the arc of the whole thing. | 我能看到整部剧的线条 |
[39:33] | – I got to write this down. – Asher, | 我得写下来 |
[39:35] | do not write a play about this! | 艾舍 不要把这件事写成剧 |
[39:37] | – I need a pen! – Do not get a pen! | – 我需要笔 – 不要拿笔! |
[39:39] | [laughs] Up yours, Abe! | 滚蛋吧 安比 |
[39:42] | If you get a pen and write a play, | 如果你拿笔写出了一部剧 |
[39:44] | I’ll destroy it in The Voice. | 我会在《乡村之声》写恶评 我说到做到 |
[39:45] | I will! I’ll do that! | |
[39:47] | I have no doubt. | 这我并不怀疑 |
[39:48] | Goodbye, Abe. | 再见 安比 |
[39:50] | Last word of advice, writer to writer. | 最后 作为作家 给你一点作家的建议 |
[39:52] | You over-use “quite,” and “thusly” is a stupid word. | “相当”这个词你用太多了 “如此”这个词很蠢 |
[39:55] | Fuck you, don’t call me again. | 去你妈的 别再给我打电话了 |
[39:57] | And please throw out that weird chalk of yours. | 拜托把你的奇怪粉笔扔掉 |
[40:00] | Rosie. | 罗斯 |
[40:02] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[40:05] | Your Louise Brooks was a knockout. | 你的路易斯布鲁克斯发型很美! |
[40:07] | Don’t you tell Rosie that her fad hairdo was a knockout! | 你不可以跟罗斯说 她赶时髦的发型很美 艾舍! 艾舍! |
[40:09] | Asher. Asher! | |
[40:11] | [door slams] | |
[40:19] | This is why I need a study. | 所以我需要自己的书房 |
[40:23] | ‘Cause… I have no place to go. | 因为我无处可去 |
[40:27] | Well, if I don’t love you ♪ | |
[40:31] | Baby ♪ | |
[40:33] | Grits ain’t groceries ♪ | |
[40:35] | Eggs ain’t poultries ♪ | |
[40:37] | And Mona Lisa was a man… ♪ | |
[40:40] | – [laughter] – Out, out! | |
[40:42] | Don’t come back soon! | 别回来! |
[40:44] | Hey, guy at table six wants a ring in a glass. | 嘿 六号桌的人想在酒杯里放个戒指 |
[40:47] | – Great. – But he gave me two, and he wants us to pick. | 很好 他给了我两个 让我们选 |
[40:49] | That’s ridiculous. I mean, how are we supposed | 我们怎么能帮其他男人选… |
[40:51] | to pick another man’s… Ooh! | |
[40:53] | – I like that one. – Yeah, that was my first choice, too. | 我喜欢那个 这也是我的第一选择 |
[40:55] | But will it make her finger look too fat? | 这会显得她手指粗吗? |
[40:57] | Yeah, the pear-shape tends to elongate. | 梨形容易拉长 |
[40:59] | But boy does this one sparkle. | 天啊 这只好闪 |
[41:01] | Your new guy doesn’t know me! | 你们新来的人不认识我! |
[41:03] | Let her in, Hal. Either one’s fine. | 让她进来 哈尔 |
[41:05] | This is too much pressure. Hey, Midge! | – 随便选一个 – 压力太大 |
[41:08] | – Hey, Arch. – You want a drink? | – 嘿 米琪 – 嘿 阿奇 – 你要喝一杯吗? – 要 |
[41:09] | – I do. – Martini up with olives? | – 你要喝一杯吗? – 要 – 马提尼配橄榄? – 我太好猜了 |
[41:12] | – I’m so predictable. – If only. | |
[41:14] | Hey, how long are those guys on? | 要是好猜就好了 这些家伙要唱多久?我想试个节目 |
[41:15] | I need ten minutes to try out some stuff. | |
[41:17] | – Really? – Yeah, I’m working on a new bit for the strip club | – 真的吗? – 我在写一个脱衣舞俱乐部的词 |
[41:20] | that I’m not quite sure about, and I’d rather bomb here | 我不太确定效果 |
[41:21] | – than at the real place. – Thank you. | 所以想在这儿试下 砸了也没事 |
[41:23] | – You’re welcome. – Wait. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 等等 你说脱衣舞俱乐部? |
[41:25] | – Did you say strip club? – Yes. | |
[41:27] | You’re working at a strip club? | – 是的 – 你在脱衣舞俱乐部工作? |
[41:29] | – Yes. You didn’t know? – No. | – 是啊 你不知道? – 不知道 |
[41:32] | – Didn’t Ethan tell you? – Why would he tell me? | – 伊森没告诉你? – 他为什么要告诉我? |
[41:34] | – I told him to tell you. – You told our five-year-old son | – 我跟他说了 – 你告诉我们五岁的儿子 |
[41:35] | to tell me you’re working at a strip club? | 你在脱衣舞俱乐部工作? |
[41:37] | – Did he forget? – Yes, he forgot. | – 他忘了吗? – 是 他忘了 |
[41:39] | Thank God, he forgot. I don’t want our son thinking | 还好他忘了 我可不希望他考虑 妈妈在脱衣舞俱乐部工作的事情 |
[41:42] | about his mother at a strip club. | |
[41:43] | It’s not like I did a number for him. | 我又不是为他讲了个段子 |
[41:44] | – Strip club. – I’m the emcee. | – 脱衣舞俱乐部 – 我是主持 |
[41:46] | But what about your career? | 你的事业怎么办? |
[41:48] | What do you mean, what about my career? | 什么意思?这是我事业的一部分 |
[41:49] | – This is part of my career. – Okay. | 什么意思?这是我事业的一部分 – 好吧 – 怎么了? |
[41:52] | – What? – I’m not gonna say anything. | 我什么都不会说 |
[41:53] | Then don’t say you’re not gonna say anything, | 可你已经说了 |
[41:55] | ’cause that’s saying a thing. | 可你已经说了 |
[41:56] | Working in a strip club just seems like a step back. | 脱衣舞俱乐部感觉是一种退步 |
[41:59] | Many famous people got their start in strip clubs. | 很多名人都是从脱衣舞俱乐部干起的 |
[42:01] | Lenny worked at strip clubs. | 兰尼就在脱衣舞俱乐部工作过 你带我看过他的演出 |
[42:03] | You took me to see him at a strip club. | |
[42:05] | You were opening for Shy Baldwin a few months ago. | 你以前给夏伊鲍德温开场 |
[42:07] | – So? – So how is anyone gonna | – 所以呢? – 所以 在脱衣舞俱乐部谁会把你当回事? |
[42:09] | take you seriously in a jiggle joint? | |
[42:11] | Have you been talking to Susie? | – 你和苏西聊过吗? – 没有 怎么了? |
[42:12] | No, I have not been talking to Susie, why? | |
[42:14] | Because you’re saying exactly the same things Susie says. | 因为她说过一模一样的话 |
[42:16] | Well, maybe Susie’s right about this. | 也许苏西是对的 |
[42:18] | Maybe you should hire her as your manager. | 也许你应该雇佣她 |
[42:19] | Oh, wait a minute. | 等等 |
[42:22] | Mei. | |
[42:24] | Hi. | – 梅 – 你好 |
[42:25] | What’s up, Doc? | – “怎么了 伙计?” – 不好意思 我是不是… |
[42:27] | I’m sorry, am I, uh… | |
[42:29] | I’m just trying to wrangle some stage time. | 我只是在争取一点上台的时间 |
[42:31] | – Oh. – I swear. | |
[42:33] | Okay. I didn’t know if this was | – 我发誓 – 好的 |
[42:35] | Joel’s mother trying to get you two back together again. | 乔尔妈妈是想让你们复合吧? |
[42:37] | No! Absolutely not! | 不 绝对没有 |
[42:38] | – Wow. Lightning fast. – I just meant… | – 秒答 – 我只是想说… |
[42:40] | Well, I’m gonna be in your office, so, uh… | 我去你办公室… |
[42:42] | [stammers] | |
[42:44] | That’s all, folks. | “就到这儿吧” |
[42:51] | What was that about? | 那是什么意思? |
[42:53] | What? You started the Looney Tunes thing. | 什么意思?你先开始模仿兔八哥的 |
[42:55] | I’m talking about the Shirley comment. | 我是说关于雪莉的话 – 你想上台十分钟吗? – 想 |
[42:57] | – You want your ten minutes? – Yep. | |
[43:00] | Just don’t stink so much that you clear the place out. | 不要演得太糟 把客人都吓跑 |
[43:03] | I make no guarantees. | 这我保证不了 |
[43:07] | She said yes! | – 她答应了! – 恭喜 阿奇 – 我来这儿多久了? – 三天 – 我该走了 – 好的 |
[43:09] | Congratulations, Arch. | |
[43:15] | How long have I been here? | |
[43:18] | – Three days. – I should go. | |
[43:20] | – Okay. – I can’t move. | 我动不了 |
[43:21] | Throw up, dry out, and sleep. | 吐掉 醒酒 睡觉 明天开始干活 |
[43:23] | We start tomorrow. | |
[43:25] | [Alfie muttering] | 选一张牌 如果我猜对了 你给我买杯酒 |
[43:35] | Replace glass. | 换玻璃 |
[43:38] | Replace board. | 换木板 |
[43:40] | Replace pipe. | 换水管 |
[43:44] | Replace faucet. | 换水龙头 |
[43:48] | Replace toilet seat. | 换马桶垫圈 |
[43:54] | – [toilet flushes] – [water sloshing] | |
[43:56] | Aw, Jesus. | 天啊 换马桶 原谅我-米里亚姆 |
[43:58] | Replace toilet. | |
[44:07] | [door shuts] | |
[44:11] | She knows me. | 她懂我 |
[44:22] | Shit! | 该死 |
[44:24] | [mutters] | |
[44:26] | Shit. | |
[44:28] | Hello to you, too. | – 该死 – 你好啊 |
[44:30] | I’m busy, Sophie. | 我在忙 苏菲 |
[44:33] | You found an office. | 你找到了一间办公室 – 我试过关门 – 我正在修 |
[44:34] | I tried to close the door. | |
[44:37] | Yeah, it’s being fixed. | |
[44:38] | I’m just commenting on the fact | 我只是陈述我尝试过的事实 而我失败了 |
[44:39] | that I tried and failed. | |
[44:42] | Because it’s very broken. | 因为它很破 |
[44:44] | And unattractive. | 也很丑 |
[44:46] | You should also get a new desk. | – 你还应该买张新桌子 – 你有什么事? |
[44:48] | What do you want? | |
[44:50] | You don’t have a chair. | 你没有椅子 |
[44:51] | I can’t sit if you don’t have a chair. | 你没有椅子我就没地方坐 |
[44:54] | You don’t seem to care. | 你好像并不在乎 |
[45:02] | I’ll hold it so it won’t fall on you on the way out. | 我扶着 这样你出去的时候不会被砸 |
[45:06] | For the first time in 30 years, | 30年来头一遭 |
[45:08] | I can’t get any work. | 我找不到任何工作 |
[45:10] | No venue in this country will book me anymore. | 这个国家没有那个场馆 会再预定我出场了 |
[45:13] | Not even Phoenix. | 连凤凰城都没有 |
[45:14] | Not that I can stomach going back on the road again. | 我并不能忍受 重新走上那条路 |
[45:18] | I’m financially overextended, meaning | 我的经济负担过重 |
[45:21] | I have more expenses than money to cover them. | 意思是说我的开支比手上的钱要多 |
[45:24] | – Yeah, I know what overextended means. – Well, you’re | 我知道“负担过重”是什么意思 |
[45:26] | so quiet over there, so I wasn’t sure. | 你一句话不说 我不确定你听懂没有 我的商务经理说我应该改变生活方式 然后他辞职了 |
[45:28] | My business manager said | |
[45:30] | my lifestyle needs to change. | |
[45:32] | And then he quit. | |
[45:34] | So that’s a change. | 这也算是一种改变 |
[45:36] | [sighs] My dogs won’t eat canned food. | 我的狗不肯吃罐头 其实罐头并不难吃 |
[45:39] | Even though it’s not that bad. | |
[45:41] | What do you want, Lucille? | 你想怎么样 露希尔? |
[45:44] | Don’t you want to know how I know | 你不想知道 我为什么知道狗罐头不难吃吗? 不想 全国广播公司有一档全新游戏综艺 |
[45:45] | – the dog food’s not that bad? – Nope. | |
[45:48] | There’s a brand-new NBC game show. | |
[45:51] | They’re looking for a host, and I want it. | 他们在招主持人 |
[45:54] | It’s perfect for me. I’d be great at it. | 我想去 非常适合我 我很擅长 但相关人员甚至不愿意见我 |
[45:57] | But the network won’t even meet with me. | |
[45:59] | I’d audition, I’d test. | 我可以参加试镜、做测试 他们想怎样都可以 但他们根本不考虑我 |
[46:01] | Whatever they want. But they won’t even consider it. | |
[46:04] | I called Harry a hundred times. | 我给哈里打了上百个电话 他不接 |
[46:06] | He won’t take my calls. | |
[46:08] | I even went to his office once. | 我甚至去过一次他办公室 |
[46:10] | They said he was golfing. It was raining out. | 他们说他去打高尔夫了 但那天下雨 |
[46:12] | Plus he walked right by me, so I know they were lying. | 他从我身边走过 我知道他们在说谎 |
[46:15] | That’s terrible. Kind of like you’ve been blackballed. | 太糟糕了 你好像被封杀了 |
[46:18] | Yes. | – 是的 – 感觉不好受吧? |
[46:19] | It doesn’t feel good, does it? | – 是的 – 感觉不好受吧? |
[46:21] | No. | 不 |
[46:22] | Doesn’t feel good at all. | 非常不好受 |
[46:24] | Well, I’m sorry, Soph, our paths have diverged. | 我很抱歉 苏菲 我们分道扬镳了 |
[46:27] | That means your path went one way and my path went another. | 你往这边走 我往那边走 |
[46:28] | I know what diverged means. | 我知道“分道扬镳”是什么意思 |
[46:31] | Okay, well, seeing as how our paths have diverged, | 好吧 既然我们分道扬镳了 |
[46:34] | I think it’s best that we– you and me– | 我觉得我们最好 你和我 保持分道扬镳的状态 |
[46:37] | we stay, you know… diverged. | |
[46:39] | You didn’t finish very strong there. | 你说到最后底气不是很足 |
[46:41] | Fuck you. Let me fix my desk. | 去你的 我要修桌子了 |
[46:43] | What if I were to apologize? | 如果我道歉呢? |
[46:45] | I got enough to clean up here without your head exploding. | 就算你脑袋不开花 这里也有很多东西要打扫了 |
[46:48] | You put my show on Broadway. | 你把我的节目推上了百老汇 是你做的 别人都不曾试过 |
[46:50] | You did that. No one else even tried. | |
[46:53] | Look, Sophie, I am sorry about the game show. | 游戏综艺的事我很遗憾 |
[46:55] | I just don’t know what I could do. | 我不知道自己还能做些什么 |
[46:58] | Well, if you happen to think of anything… | 如果你想到什么办法 |
[47:03] | …I’d be very grateful. | 我会非常感激的 |
[47:05] | [groans] | |
[47:08] | You got Dawes driving you home? | 道斯会开车送你回家吗? |
[47:11] | Dawes left. | 道斯走了 |
[47:14] | Shit. | 该死! |
[47:25] | Hey. | 嘿! |
[47:28] | If I do this– help you– | 我帮你这一次 |
[47:30] | you got to fucking agree to lose my number. | 以后别再来烦我 |
[47:32] | – I promise. [exhales] – [elevator bell dings] | 我保证 |
[47:35] | Oh, will you look at that. | 看啊! 你这… 太棒了! |
[47:43] | You got… | |
[47:48] | [gasps] Wonderful. | |
[47:51] | Wonderful! | |
[47:53] | What the fuck is wrong with me? | 我什么毛病啊? |
[47:59] | – ♪ ♪ – [audience cheering] | |
[48:04] | [men catcalling] | |
[48:35] | ♪ ♪ | |
[48:53] | – [cheering] – [applause] | |
[48:59] | That’s the end of the show, ladies and gentlemen. | 演出到此结束 |
[49:02] | I hope it’s been a night you will never forget. | 希望今晚的表演让各位难忘 |
[49:05] | You’ve been a great audience, please get home safe. | 你们特别捧场 |
[49:08] | Don’t forget to tip the waitresses. | 回家路上注意安全 别忘了给服务生小费 她们有枪 我是梅赛尔太太 谢谢 晚安! |
[49:10] | They’re armed. I’m Mrs. Maisel. | |
[49:12] | Thank you and good night. | |
[49:14] | [audience cheering] | |
[49:19] | Perfect! [gasps] | 完美! |
[49:21] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[49:24] | Ow. | |
[49:27] | Hey, Midge fell in the pit. | 嘿 米琪掉进乐池里了 |
[49:29] | – On purpose? – Did you push her? | 故意的吗? |
[49:31] | [indistinct chatter] | – 你推她了? – 当然没有 创意监督:朝思 |
[49:39] | [♪ Jonathan Richman: “I Was Dancing in the Lesbian Bar”] | |
[49:41] | ♪ Well, I was dancing at a night club ♪ | |
[49:43] | One Friday night ♪ | |
[49:46] | ♪ And that night club bar was a little uptight ♪ | |
[49:51] | ♪ Yeah, I was dancing all alone a little ♪ | |
[49:54] | Self-conscious ♪ | |
[49:56] | ♪ When some kids came up and said ♪ | |
[49:58] | ♪ For dancing come with us and soon ♪ | |
[50:02] | ♪ I was dancing in the lesbian bar, oh, oh ♪ | |
[50:05] | ♪ I was dancing in the lesbian bar, ooh, ooh, ooh ♪ | |
[50:16] | ♪ Well, I was dancing in the lesbian bar ♪ | |
[50:19] | In the industrial zone ♪ | |
[50:21] | ♪ I was dancing with my friends ♪ | |
[50:23] | And dancing alone, well ♪ | |
[50:25] | ♪ The first bar, things were all right ♪ | |
[50:29] | ♪ But in this bar, things were Friday night ♪ | |
[50:33] | ♪ In the first bar, things were just all right ♪ | |
[50:36] | ♪ In this bar, things were Friday night ♪ | |
[50:37] | ♪ And I was dancing in a lesbian bar, oh, oh ♪ | |
[50:41] | ♪ I was dancing in a lesbian bar, ooh, ooh, ooh ♪ | |
[50:48] | ♪ Well, I was dancing in a lesbian bar ♪ | |
[50:51] | Way downtown ♪ | |
[50:53] | ♪ I was there to check the scene ♪ | |
[50:55] | And hang around, well ♪ | |
[50:57] | ♪ Well, the first bar, things were stop and stare ♪ | |
[51:01] | ♪ But in this bar, things were laissez-faire ♪ | |
[51:05] | ♪ In the first bar, things were stop and stare ♪ | |
[51:07] | ♪ In this bar, things were laissez-faire ♪ | |
[51:10] | ♪ And I was dancing in a lesbian bar, oh, oh ♪ | |
[51:13] | ♪ I was dancing in a lesbian bar, ooh, ooh, ooh ♪ | |
[51:19] | In the first bar ♪ | |
[51:22] | Folks were drinking sips ♪ | |
[51:25] | ♪ But in this bar, they could shake their hips ♪ | |
[51:29] | ♪ In the first bar, they were drinking sips ♪ | |
[51:31] | ♪ In this bar, they could shake their hips ♪ | |
[51:33] | ♪ And I was dancing in a lesbian bar, oh, oh ♪ | |
[51:37] | ♪ I was dancing in a lesbian bar, ooh, ooh, ooh ♪ | |
[51:49] | ♪ Well, in the first bar, things were controlled ♪ | |
[51:54] | ♪ But in this bar, things were rock and roll ♪ | |
[51:58] | ♪ In the first bar, things were so controlled ♪ | |
[52:01] | ♪ In this bar, things were way, way bold ♪ | |
[52:03] | ♪ And I was dancing in a lesbian bar, oh, oh ♪ | |
[52:07] | ♪ I was dancing in a lesbian bar, ooh, ooh, ooh. ♪ |