时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hey, whatcha doing? | 你在干嘛呢 |
[00:04] | Improving our wedding photos. | 把我们的结婚照修更好 |
[00:06] | Oh, that’s nice. | 那挺好 |
[00:07] | Wait, I’m still in them, right? | 等等 修完我还在里面吧 |
[00:10] | Of course. And not only you. | 当然啦 不只是你还在 |
[00:12] | I’ve added some guests who couldn’t be there. | 我还加进了几位不克前来的宾客 |
[00:16] | Who’s that next to my father? | 在我爸爸旁边的是谁啊 |
[00:17] | The Wright brothers. | 莱特兄弟[发明飞机] |
[00:20] | And why are they at our wedding? | 他们为什么来了我们婚礼 |
[00:21] | Orville, because I admire him; | 弟弟奥维尔·莱特是因为我崇拜他 |
[00:23] | Wilbur, because he was Orville’s plus-one. | 哥哥威尔伯·莱特则是弟弟带来的伴 |
[00:28] | You got an e-mail from someone named Tam. | 你收到了一个叫丹的人给你寄的电邮 |
[00:31] | Tam? What does he want? | 丹吗 他找我想干嘛 |
[00:35] | looks like he’s coming to give his son a tour of Caltech. | 他好像要带他儿子来参观加州理工 |
[00:38] | He’s hoping you guys can meet up. | 他希望能跟你叙叙旧 |
[00:40] | He would like that, wouldn’t he? | 他当然希望啦 可不是吗 |
[00:41] | Well, that is the gist of the e-mail. | 这电邮的重点的确在此 |
[00:45] | Who’s Tam? | 丹是谁啊 |
[00:46] | He was my best friend in the whole world growing up. | 他是我成长阶段时最要好的朋友 |
[00:49] | Really? Why have I never heard you mention him before? | 真的吗 那我怎么从来没听你提过他 |
[00:52] | Oh, of course I have. I’m sure I’ve mentioned him, | 我当然有过啊 我肯定光是这周 |
[00:54] | like, five times this week. | 我就起码提了有5次吧 |
[00:55] | I don’t think you have. | 我可不这么认为 |
[00:57] | Tam! Tam! Tam! Tam! Tam! There, it’s only Thursday. | 丹 丹 丹 丹 丹 才周四就已经五次了呢 |
[01:03] | I didn’t just drink the crazy milk, I bought the crazy cow. | 我不只是喝到疯牛奶 我还买回了头疯牛 |
[01:36] | So, are you actually engaged to this woman you just met? | 所以你真的跟这个认识不久的女人订婚了吗 |
[01:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:39] | Tell us the truth. Did she get you pregnant? | 老实招来 是不是她把你肚子搞大了 |
[01:42] | Very funny. | 呵呵 |
[01:43] | Guys, I need your help, okay? | 各位 我很需要你们的帮助 |
[01:45] | I’m trying to buy her engagement ring. | 我想给她买个订婚戒指 |
[01:47] | What do you think of this? | 你觉得这款如何 |
[01:48] | Do you think she’ll like this one? | 你觉得她会喜欢这款吗 |
[01:49] | Well, it’s hard to say, not knowing much about her. | 很难说啊 我对她的认识那么少 |
[01:51] | Does she have fingers? | 她有手指吗 |
[01:54] | Yes, she has ten fingers | 有 她有十根手指 |
[01:55] | and ten toes. Probably. | 以及十根脚趾 应该啦 |
[01:57] | I’ll get back to you after I see her in sandals. | 等我看到她穿凉鞋我再告诉你 |
[02:01] | Hey, did you guys know that Sheldon had | 你们知道谢尔顿小时候 |
[02:03] | a best friend growing up named Tam? | 有一个死党叫丹吗 |
[02:05] | Was that the imaginary talking koala? | 是那只幻想出来的会说话的考拉吗 |
[02:08] | No. He’s a real person who apparently betrayed him. | 不 他是个活人 貌似背叛过他 |
[02:12] | Yeah, so did the koala. | 是啊 那只考拉也背叛过他 |
[02:14] | I tried to ask him about it, | 我试着问过他 |
[02:16] | and he invoked section three, article five of the marriage contract: | 但他引用了婚姻协议中的第3节第5条 |
[02:19] | beeswax comma none of your. | “屁事 关你” |
[02:23] | I can’t pry. I mean, | 我也不能窥探他隐私 |
[02:24] | I have to respect his wishes. | 我得尊重他的意愿 |
[02:26] | Wow. I wonder what that guy could’ve done | 我真好奇那兄弟是做了什么事 |
[02:28] | to make Sheldon not talk to him for 20 years. | 能让谢尔顿不跟他说话20年 |
[02:31] | I wonder if it’d work a second time. | 不知道我也做一次还能不能有效 |
[02:38] | I’m pumping! | 我在挤母乳 |
[02:41] | It’s Penny. | 我是佩妮 |
[02:42] | Oh. Come in. | 请进 |
[02:44] | I thought you were pumping. | 我以为你在挤母乳呢 |
[02:45] | I thought you were my boss. | 我以为你是我老板 |
[02:48] | Okay, listen, | 你听我说 |
[02:48] | I’m really worried about this whole Raj thing. | 我好担心拉杰婚姻这件事啊 |
[02:51] | I know, he’s so desperate to get married, which is weird, | 是啊 他这么着急想结婚 也是奇怪了 |
[02:53] | because I can’t imagine we make it look that great. | 我们明明做了这么不好的示范 |
[02:55] | I know, right? | 就是啊 |
[02:56] | You know, if this woman’s gonna be around, | 如果这女人以后会加入我们的圈子 |
[02:58] | I think we should check her out a little. | 我觉得我们应该先去观察她一下 |
[02:59] | I looked online. She doesn’t have an Instagram, | 我在网上搜过 她没有照片分享网的账号 |
[03:01] | which means she’s either 80 or something’s wrong with her. | 所以她不是80岁了就是有古怪 |
[03:05] | Well, I could ask my dad. | 我可以让我爸查查她 |
[03:07] | Maybe he can get some of his old cop buddies | 或许他可以让他以前的警察朋友 |
[03:08] | to do a background check on her. | 对她做一个背景调查 |
[03:10] | – Would he do that? – Of course. | -他会愿意吗 -当然啦 |
[03:12] | He’s a retired cop who plays by his own rules. | 他是个只按自己规矩办事的退休警察 |
[03:16] | Hi, Daddy. | 老爸 |
[03:17] | No, everything’s good. | 没 我挺好的 |
[03:18] | I just have a favor to ask. | 我只是有个忙想请你帮 |
[03:19] | Yeah, so, my friend Raj | 是这样的 我的朋友拉杰 |
[03:21] | is marrying this woman that he barely knows, | 要娶一个他都不太熟的女人 |
[03:23] | and I wanted to see if you could use your connections | 我想问问你能不能托关系 |
[03:25] | to dig up any dirt on her. | 挖一点她的黑料出来 |
[03:28] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[03:29] | Okay. Love you. | 好的 爱你 |
[03:32] | – Is he in? – Absolutely not. He won’t do it. It’s totally illegal. | -他愿意吗 -不行 他不愿意 说是非法的 |
[03:36] | I thought you said he played by his own rules. | 你不是说他只按自己规矩办事吗 |
[03:38] | He does, but apparently, they’re very similar to the actual rules. | 的确 但很不巧 他的规矩跟真实法律很接近 |
[03:44] | I still can’t believe Sheldon had a best friend | 真不敢相信谢尔顿有一个 |
[03:46] | we’ve never heard about. | 我们从没听说过的死党 |
[03:47] | Ooh, somebody’s jealous. | 某人在吃醋 |
[03:51] | I’m not jealous. | 我才不吃醋 |
[03:52] | Leonard, this is a safe space– it’s okay to be vulnerable. | 莱纳德 在这里可以放宽心 你允许脆弱 |
[03:57] | All I’m saying is | 我的意思只是 |
[03:58] | you know the timing of a fellow’s bowel movements, | 我连这家伙的如厕时间都了如指掌 |
[04:00] | you don’t think there’s a lot left to discover. | 怎么会想到他还那么多秘密 |
[04:04] | I wonder what Tam could have done. | 真好奇丹到底做了什么 |
[04:05] | Hmm. Well, if Sheldon doesn’t want to talk about it, | 如果谢尔顿不愿意谈 |
[04:07] | it’s got to be pretty upsetting. | 那肯定是令他很难过的事情了 |
[04:09] | I have his brother George’s number– he might know. | 我有他哥哥小乔治的电话 他可能知道 |
[04:12] | Really? You have George’s number? | 真的吗 你有小乔治的电话 |
[04:13] | So so jealous. | 醋缸要满了 |
[04:19] | Yeah, sure, I remember Tam, | 当然 我记得丹这号人物 |
[04:21] | Sheldon’s little Vietnam buddy. | 谢尔顿的越南人好朋友 |
[04:24] | The two of them were always running around together. | 他俩从小就一起玩 |
[04:25] | So, what happened? | 所以发生什么事了 |
[04:27] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[04:28] | Well, I mean, Sheldon never talks about him. | 谢尔顿从来没提过他 |
[04:30] | They haven’t spoken in years. He wasn’t at the wedding. | 他们多年不曾联络 他也没来参加婚礼 |
[04:32] | He wasn’t? | 他没来吗 |
[04:34] | All right. Well, this is embarrassing. | 好吧 这就尴尬了 |
[04:35] | ’cause I had a long conversation with someone who I thought was Tam. | 因为我跟一位我以为是丹的人聊了可久了 |
[04:41] | Wait, wait, so you don’t know what their fight was about? | 等等 所以你不知道他们为什么而吵 |
[04:43] | I wish I could help you, boys. | 我也希望我知道答案 |
[04:45] | But, you know, | 不过你们知道吗 |
[04:46] | Sheldon used to keep an enemies list when he was a kid. | 谢尔顿小时候曾经有一个仇敌名单 |
[04:48] | Oh, he still does. | 他现在还留着呢 |
[04:50] | Really? I figured that went the same way | 真的吗 我以为那已经和他的如厕时间表 |
[04:52] | as his bathroom schedule. | 同样下场了 |
[04:53] | If you mean digitized, annotated and put online, it did. | 如果你是指电子化 云端化并带注释 你答对了 |
[04:58] | Maybe that’ll tell you something. | 也许那上面有答案 |
[04:59] | Hey, while you’re looking at it, if I’m still on there | 你们看的时候 如果名单还有 |
[05:02] | for peeing in his shampoo bottle… | 我尿在他洗发水瓶里的那件事… |
[05:04] | Eh, you know what, just leave it. | 算了 留在上面吧 |
[05:06] | See ya, boys. Bye. | 回见了各位 |
[05:08] | Bye. All right, got his enemies list. | 再见 好了 找到他的仇敌名单了 |
[05:10] | Ooh, he updated the interface. | 他更新了他的界面 |
[05:12] | You can search by first name, | 可以按姓 名 |
[05:13] | last name or length of grudge. | 和怨恨的长度分别查找 |
[05:16] | Is Tam on it? | 丹在上面吗 |
[05:18] | Let’s see. | 找找看哈 |
[05:19] | Yep. Right here. Tam Nguyen. | 找到了 在这里 丹·阮 |
[05:21] | Oh, great. What did he do? | 太好了 他到底做了什么 |
[05:22] | Hold on. I have to agree to the terms of service. | 等等 我得先同意这些服务条款 |
[05:27] | No, I’m not a robot. | 不 我不是个机器人 |
[05:30] | Okay. | 好了 |
[05:31] | “Which of these are plants?” | “以下物品哪些是植物” |
[05:34] | And we’re in. | 成功了 |
[05:36] | Great. What-what does it say? | 好的 上面说什么 |
[05:37] | Well… | 那个 |
[05:38] | “He knows what he did.” | “他心知肚明自己做了什么” |
[05:39] | Oh, come on. | 搞什么呀 |
[05:42] | Wait. Wait, wait, wait, | 等等 等等 |
[05:43] | if Tam knows what he did, we can just ask him. | 如果丹知道自己做了什么 我们可以直接问他 |
[05:46] | He’s gonna be on campus tomorrow showing his son around. | 他明天要带儿子来学校参观呢 |
[05:48] | Won’t that make Sheldon mad? | 这不会让谢尔顿生气吗 |
[05:49] | Everything makes Sheldon mad. | 任何事都能让谢尔顿生气 |
[05:51] | Yeah. Look at his list. | 看看这名单 |
[05:53] | Jim Henson for, quote, | 吉姆·韩生[芝麻街布偶之父] |
[05:55] | “Putting a terrifying, giant yellow bird on television | “在电视上创造了一个又大又黄又吓人的鸟 |
[05:58] | and in my nightmares.” | 引发我噩梦连连” |
[06:05] | Oh, this is so nice. Mm-hmm. | 这里真不错 |
[06:08] | Maybe instead of introducing ourselves to Anu, | 也许除了和安努打招呼之外 |
[06:10] | we could just get a room, | 我们可以订个房间 |
[06:12] | order some food and take a nap. | 点些吃的 好好小睡一觉 |
[06:14] | Yeah, I’ve fallen for that line before. | 我以前上过这种鬼话的当 |
[06:16] | It never leads to napping. | 最后绝对不是以小睡结束的 |
[06:19] | That must be her. | 那肯定是她了 |
[06:21] | Oh. She’s cute. | 她真可爱 |
[06:22] | Okay, I got you two seats to Hamilton tonight. | 我已帮您订好了《汉密尔顿》音乐剧的两张票 |
[06:25] | Your tickets will be at the concierge desk. | 您可以来服务台去取票 |
[06:27] | Of course. My pleasure. | 不用谢 |
[06:29] | May I help you? | 有什么可以帮您的吗 |
[06:30] | Yes, I’m here to pick up our Hamilton tickets. | 我是来取《汉密尔顿》音乐剧票的 |
[06:32] | Stop. | 住嘴 |
[06:35] | Hi. We’re Raj’s friends. | 你好 我们是拉杰的朋友 |
[06:36] | I’m Penny. This is Bernadette. | 我是佩妮 这位是博纳黛特 |
[06:38] | We just came by to introduce ourselves. | 我们想来和你打个招呼 |
[06:40] | So you came to check me out? | 所以你们是来打探我的吗 |
[06:41] | She’s smart. I like her. | 她好聪明 我喜欢 |
[06:44] | We just want to see if we could take you to dinner | 我们只是想看看能否约你吃晚饭 |
[06:46] | and get to know you a bit. | 多了解你一点 |
[06:47] | That sounds nice. How about tonight after work? | 你们人真好 不如今晚下班后吧 |
[06:50] | Maybe we can go to Bavel. | 我们可以去巴维尔餐馆 |
[06:51] | Oh, I wish. That place is impossible to get into. | 我也想去呀 可那地方不可能订到位 |
[06:53] | Oh, please. Getting into impossible places is my superpower. | 拜托 我的超能力就是进各种不可能的地方 |
[06:58] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[06:59] | I can fit my whole body in our dryer. | 我可以把自己塞进一个烘干机 |
[07:02] | All set. 8:30. | 安排好了 8点半 |
[07:04] | Wow. Okay, well, we’ll see you tonight. | 太好了 那就今晚见了 |
[07:06] | See you then. Okay. | 回见了 |
[07:07] | Bye. | 拜 |
[07:09] | She can get into any restaurant, | 她什么餐馆都能订到位 |
[07:10] | but the best husband she can find is Raj? | 却只能找拉杰做她的丈夫吗 |
[07:18] | Not Tam. | 不是丹 |
[07:20] | Not Tam. | 不是丹 |
[07:23] | Not Tam. | 不是丹 |
[07:25] | Got him. | 找到他了 |
[07:27] | Tam Nguyen? Yeah. Yes. | -你是丹·阮吗 -是我 |
[07:29] | Is my son done with his tour? | 我儿子参观完了吗 |
[07:32] | No idea. We’re actually friends of Sheldon Cooper. | 我不知道 我们其实是谢尔顿·库珀的朋友 |
[07:35] | Oh, I’ve been trying to get in touch with him, | 我一直尝试在联系他呢 |
[07:36] | but I never heard back. Is he okay? | 但从来没收到回信 他还好吗 |
[07:39] | Well, if you mean physically, yes. | 如果你是指生理上 还好 |
[07:40] | If you mean every other way, no. | 如果你是指其他方面 不好 |
[07:43] | – So, is he here? – Uh, no. | -他人在这里吗 -不在 |
[07:45] | He-he didn’t come. | 他没有来 |
[07:46] | He’s, uh… | 他有点… |
[07:47] | he’s still pretty upset about… | 他还生气那件事呢 |
[07:51] | you know. | 你懂的 |
[07:52] | I know what? | 我懂什么 |
[07:54] | Come on, you-you must know. | 就是那个呀 你肯定知道的 |
[07:57] | No, we haven’t talked in, like, 20 years. | 我不知道呀 我们快20年没讲话了 |
[07:59] | Right. Because… | 对嘛 就是因为… |
[08:02] | you know. | 你懂的 |
[08:05] | I don’t think he knows. | 我觉得他不懂呢 |
[08:07] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们在说什么呀 |
[08:09] | Why did you and Sheldon stop being friends? | 你是为什么和谢尔顿闹掰的呢 |
[08:11] | – What did you do? – And don’t worry, | -你做了什么 -别担心 |
[08:13] | even though we just met you, | 虽然我们才刚见面 |
[08:14] | we think you’re right and he’s wrong. | 我们觉得你是对的 他肯定错了 |
[08:17] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做呀 |
[08:19] | He moved to California, and we just drifted apart. | 他搬去加州 我们就渐行渐远了 |
[08:21] | Oh, come on, there’s got to be something… | 拜托 中间肯定还有些什么事… |
[08:23] | – What is going on here? – Oh, hey, Sheldon. | -你们在干什么 -谢尔顿 |
[08:25] | – We just met… – Sheldon! So good to see you! | -我们刚见到了… -谢尔顿 见到你真好 |
[08:29] | Tam. | 丹 |
[08:31] | It’s been a long time. | 好久不见了 |
[08:33] | Mm, not long enough to erase the sting of betrayal. | 并没有久到让背叛的伤痛灰飞烟灭 |
[08:36] | How did I betray you? | 我怎么背叛你了 |
[08:37] | You know what you did. | 你知道自己做了什么 |
[08:39] | Uh, let me catch you up. | 我给你剧透一下 |
[08:41] | He does not. | 他真心不知道 |
[08:44] | When I moved to California, what did you do? | 当我搬到加州时 你做了什么 |
[08:46] | I stayed in Texas. | 我留在德州了啊 |
[08:47] | Do you believe this guy?! | 你们看看这货 |
[08:53] | So, he was your best friend growing up? | 所以他是你小时候的死党吗 |
[08:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:57] | Were there no other kids in Texas? | 你们德州是没有其他小朋友了吗 |
[09:07] | Hey. What is going on with you? | 你这人到底怎么回事 |
[09:10] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想聊这件事 |
[09:11] | Well, I’m sure you have a perfectly stupid reason. | 你一定有一个足够蠢的理由 |
[09:15] | I don’t do anything for a stupid reason. | 我才不会为了蠢理由做什么事 |
[09:18] | Except, perhaps, Talk Like a Pirate Day, | 除了”学海盗说话日” |
[09:19] | and I’d argue that’s more whimsical than stupid. | 但我觉得那是滑稽多过蠢 |
[09:22] | You know, I was curious to find out what Tam had done wrong. | 我之前想搞清楚丹做错了什么 |
[09:25] | Why am I not surprised the answer is nothing? | 发现他什么都没做错 我一点都不意外 |
[09:28] | So you’re taking his side. | 这么说你站在他那边了 |
[09:29] | You scurvy dog. | 你个坏血病烂狗 |
[09:33] | You watch yourself. There is room on my enemies list | 你给我小心点 我的敌人名单现在有空位了 |
[09:35] | now that the cafeteria ladies finally told me | 因为食堂的阿姨们终于告诉我 |
[09:36] | what’s in the chili. | 辣椒酱里放了什么了 |
[09:39] | By the way, don’t eat the chili. | 顺便说下 别吃那个辣椒酱 |
[09:41] | Wai-Wai-Wait, you know what? | 等一下 其实呢 |
[09:42] | Do. | 吃吧 |
[09:45] | Be careful, Sheldon. | 小心点 谢尔顿 |
[09:46] | I don’t think you can afford to lose a second best friend. | 你承受不了失去第二个死党 |
[09:49] | I don’t see anyone lining up to be your third. | 我可没看到有人要排队当你第三个死党 |
[09:51] | D… Wait. | 等一下 |
[09:54] | “Snarky comebacks…” | 搜索”回怼金句” |
[09:57] | Oh, here we go. | 找到了 |
[09:58] | “You have your entire life to be a jerk, | “你这辈子都是混球 |
[10:00] | why not take today off?” | 休息一天也无妨吧” |
[10:07] | That was harsh, but he was asking for it. | 这句挺狠 不过是他自找的 |
[10:12] | This place is amazing. | 这地方太赞了 |
[10:13] | I can’t believe you got us in here. | 真不敢相信你给我们订到了位子 |
[10:14] | Well, it’s kind of my job. | 这算是我的工作 |
[10:16] | Usually I get tipped for it, but I’ll leave that up to you. | 通常客人会给小费 但我就让你们自己决定吧 |
[10:21] | Look, I think that’s LeBron over there. | 快看 那个好像是勒布朗 |
[10:23] | James? | 球星詹姆斯吗 |
[10:24] | No, LeBron Kershenbaum. | 不然是詹姆斯·路人甲吗 |
[10:27] | So, what do you want to know? | 你们想知道什么 |
[10:29] | Well, you seem like a smart, successful woman, | 你看起来是个聪明成功的女性 |
[10:31] | why would you want to marry someone you just met? | 你为什么会想跟一个刚认识的人结婚 |
[10:34] | Fair question. | 问得好 |
[10:35] | In my 20s, I tried this the normal way. | 我二十几岁时 试过普通的恋爱方式 |
[10:38] | You know, met a guy, fell in love, | 遇到了一个男人 坠入爱河 |
[10:40] | we moved in together. | 然后我们同居了 |
[10:41] | I put him through culinary school, screenwriting classes, | 我供他上烹饪学校 编剧课程 |
[10:44] | and finally dumped him when he wanted to become a midwife. | 最后在他想当助产士时把他甩了 |
[10:48] | Then I realized, | 然后我意识到 |
[10:49] | my parents are happy; they had an arranged marriage. | 我父母很幸福 他们就是包办婚姻 |
[10:52] | Why am I fighting this? | 我为什么要抗拒这个 |
[10:54] | I dunno, I married for love | 我也说不好 我为爱而结的婚 |
[10:56] | and it turned out… | 结果也… |
[10:58] | fine. | 还行 |
[11:02] | Oh, yeah, me, too. | 我的也是 |
[11:09] | Hi. | 你好 |
[11:09] | Howard, today is your lucky day. | 霍华德 今天你走运了 |
[11:11] | Leonard’s out, you’re my new best friend. | 莱纳德出局了 现在你是我新任死党 |
[11:15] | Well, I’m not thrilled about it either, | 我也不为此感到激动 |
[11:16] | but here we are. | 不过就这样了 |
[11:18] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[11:19] | Is Bernadette there? | 伯纳黛特在吗 |
[11:20] | Sh… No. | 不在 |
[11:21] | Just Stuart? | 只有斯图尔特 |
[11:23] | Let me call you back. | 我等会再打给你 |
[11:26] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[11:26] | This thing with Tam escalated, | 丹的事严重性升级 |
[11:28] | and now you’re mad at Leonard | 现在你生莱纳德的气了 |
[11:29] | and looking for a new best friend? | 要找新一任死党 |
[11:31] | You know me so well. | 你好了解人家 |
[11:32] | It’s too bad you can’t be my best friend. | 可惜你不能当我死党 |
[11:35] | I can be. | 我可以啊 |
[11:36] | You can’t be my wife and my best friend. | 你不能同时当我的妻子和最好的朋友 |
[11:39] | Who would I complain about you to? | 不然我要跟谁抱怨你的事 |
[11:42] | Just tell me what happened. | 告诉我发生什么了 |
[11:44] | Leonard talked to Tam behind my back and took his side. | 莱纳德背着我去找丹聊了 还站在他那边 |
[11:47] | And after what he did to me. Can you believe it? | 他可是对我做出过那么过分的事 你能相信吗 |
[11:49] | No. I’m-I’m shocked and outraged. | 不能 我很震惊 也很愤怒 |
[11:52] | Now, tell me why I’m shocked and outraged. | 现在告诉我 我为什么震惊和愤怒 |
[11:56] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[11:58] | When I got accepted to grad school at Caltech, | 当我被加州理工的研究所录取时 |
[12:01] | I was afraid to move so far away from home. | 我很害怕要搬到离家这么远的地方 |
[12:03] | So Tam said he’d move out here with me | 于是丹说他会跟我一起搬出来 |
[12:05] | and be my roommate. | 做我的室友 |
[12:06] | Then, over the summer, he got a girlfriend, | 然后在暑假期间 他找了个女朋友 |
[12:09] | even after reading all the pamphlets | 即使他已经看完我给他的 |
[12:10] | I gave him about social diseases. | 那些介绍性病的小册子 |
[12:14] | Aw, I remember when you gave me those pamphlets. | 我记得你给过我那些小册子 |
[12:16] | Anyway, Tam stayed with her in Texas, | 总之 丹陪她留在了德州 |
[12:19] | and I had to move out here all by myself. | 我只能独自搬来这里 |
[12:23] | That must’ve been scary. | 你当时一定很害怕 |
[12:25] | It was. | 是的 |
[12:26] | I was lonely, and I thought | 我很孤单寂寞 |
[12:28] | I’d never make a friend again. | 心想我再也交不到朋友了 |
[12:29] | And for a long time, I didn’t. | 有很长一段时间 我确实没交到朋友 |
[12:32] | But then you did. | 但之后你交到了 |
[12:34] | And great friends. | 还是很棒的挚友 |
[12:35] | If you think about it, if Tam had moved out here with you, | 你想想 如果当初丹跟你一起搬来 |
[12:39] | who knows what your life would’ve been like. | 谁知道你的生活会变成什么样子 |
[12:48] | Yes. | 什么事 |
[12:49] | Uh, I’m Leonard Hofstadter. | 我是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德 |
[12:50] | I called you about the apartment. You said… | 我在电话里说想租你的公寓 你说… |
[12:52] | Tell him to go away. You already have a roommate. | 叫他滚蛋 你已经有室友了 |
[12:57] | New neighbor? | 新来的邻居 |
[12:59] | Oh, hi. | 你们好呀 |
[13:00] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[13:01] | Hi. Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[13:14] | Tam, look. | 丹 快看啊 |
[13:15] | Sheldon’s hugging me. | 谢尔顿在拥抱我 |
[13:18] | It’s a Saturnalia miracle. | 这是农神节的奇迹 |
[13:21] | Sheldon, come here. | 谢尔顿 出来 |
[13:24] | Bazinga. | 逗你玩 |
[13:28] | No, my life would’ve still been great. | 不 我的生活还是会很棒 |
[13:33] | So what is the craziest request anyone’s ever made? | 客人提过最疯狂的要求是什么 |
[13:36] | Oh, you know, I can’t really say. | 其实我不能说 |
[13:38] | Concierge-guest confidentiality. | 礼宾部和客人之间有保密协议 |
[13:40] | Really, that’s a thing? | 不是吧 真有这回事 |
[13:41] | No. | 没有 |
[13:44] | This one time, I had to go to Walmart at 3:00 a.M. | 有一次 我得在凌晨三点到沃尔玛去 |
[13:46] | because Britney Spears needed to blow bubbles. | 因为歌手小甜甜布兰妮想吹泡泡 |
[13:50] | Oh. That is so cool. | 好酷啊 |
[13:52] | By the way, do not tell Raj that you met Britney Spears, | 对了 千万别告诉拉杰你见过小甜甜布兰妮 |
[13:55] | because he will literally die. | 因为他会激动到原地去世 |
[13:58] | We’ve been talking so much about me, | 我们聊了很多我的事了 |
[14:01] | tell me about Raj. | 跟我说说拉杰吧 |
[14:03] | Okay, are you trying to get us drunk | 你是想把我们灌醉 |
[14:04] | so we’ll dish on our friend? | 让我们大聊朋友的八卦吗 |
[14:06] | ‘Cause it’s totally gonna work, what do you want to know? | 效果卓越 你想知道什么 |
[14:09] | What kind of guy is he? | 他是什么样的人 |
[14:11] | He is great. | 他是好人 |
[14:12] | So great. | 非常好的人 |
[14:14] | How come he’s still single? | 那他为什么还单身 |
[14:17] | – He’s great. – So great. Yeah. | -他是好人 -非常好的人 没错 |
[14:20] | Come on. | 少来 |
[14:20] | There’s really nothing to tell. | 真的没什么可说的 |
[14:22] | Raj is so much fun to hang out with. | 和拉杰在一起玩非常开心 |
[14:23] | He’s like one of our girlfriends. | 他像我们的闺蜜 |
[14:24] | And I mean that in a good way. | 我这话是褒义 |
[14:26] | But also a bad way. | 但也是贬义 |
[14:29] | Anything else? | 还有吗 |
[14:31] | – No. – No. | -没了 -没了 |
[14:33] | I mean, h-he takes baths with his dog, | 他和他的狗一起洗澡 |
[14:35] | but not in a weird way. | 但并不是以奇怪的方式 |
[14:38] | Or a normal way; they both wear swimsuits. | 也不是正常方式 他们都穿泳衣 |
[14:41] | He also cries every time Hugh Jackman sings. | 每次休·杰克曼唱歌他都会哭 |
[14:45] | But not cute sniffles– full-on snot sobs. | 不是梨花带雨娇美状 而是一把鼻涕一把泪 |
[14:49] | But he is great. | 但他真的很好 |
[14:51] | – So great. – Yeah. | -太好了 -没错 |
[14:57] | Hello, Sheldon. | 你好 谢尔顿 |
[14:57] | Hello Tam. Thank you for coming. | 你好 丹 感谢你来 |
[15:00] | I just want you to know that, um… | 我只想让你知道 |
[15:03] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[15:05] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[15:06] | And yet, here I am, | 但我依然愿意 |
[15:08] | still being the bigger man. | 做大度的那个人 |
[15:11] | Look, I was in love with Beth, | 听着 我当时爱着贝丝 |
[15:13] | and she made me happy. | 她令我开心 |
[15:14] | Y… Really? | 是吗 |
[15:15] | Did she let you play with her train set? | 她让你玩她的火车模型吗 |
[15:19] | In a manner of speaking. | 可以说她让我”玩她”的 |
[15:23] | Sheldon, I needed to stay in Texas. | 谢尔顿 我需要留在德州 |
[15:26] | And you needed to come here. | 你需要来这里 |
[15:28] | I knew you were gonna do amazing things, | 我知道你会有出色的成绩 |
[15:30] | and meet amazing people who were gonna respect you, | 会认识尊敬你的出色的人 |
[15:32] | because you’re brilliant. | 因为你才华横溢 |
[15:34] | And because they never had to fish you out of a dumpster. | 也因为他们永远不必从大垃圾箱中把你捞出来 |
[15:37] | Well, they have, but it was during | 还是捞过的 那时候 |
[15:39] | my short-lived parkour phase. | 我短暂地迷上了跑酷 |
[15:42] | I didn’t mean to upset you. | 我不是有心让你生气 |
[15:44] | And I want you to know I’m really proud | 我想让你知道 对于你的成绩 |
[15:46] | of everything you’ve done. | 我非常骄傲 |
[15:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:49] | It did work out for me. | 我后来也的确守得云开见月明 |
[15:52] | And I’m sorry that things didn’t work out for you. | 很遗憾你后来并不顺遂 |
[15:56] | They did work out for me. | 我也一切都很顺利啊 |
[15:57] | Oh, Tam, you don’t need to be brave on my account. | 丹 你不必为我伪装坚强 |
[16:01] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[16:02] | I have a great wife and amazing children. | 我有出色的妻子和孩子 |
[16:05] | I’m very happy. | 我非常快乐 |
[16:06] | Brave, brave Tam. | 坚强 坚强的丹 |
[16:12] | Sounds like Penny and Bernadette had fun last night. | 似乎佩妮和伯纳黛特昨晚玩得很开心 |
[16:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:14] | Bernie came home pretty drunk. | 妮妮回家时很醉了 |
[16:16] | She tried to sleep in the dryer. | 她还想睡在烘干机里 |
[16:21] | Hello, you all remember Tam, my best friend from high school. | 你们都认识丹 我在高中时的死党 |
[16:25] | – Yeah. Of course. – How’s it going? | -当然 -你好吗 |
[16:26] | Sheldon’s been showing me and my son around. | 谢尔顿带我和我儿子到处参观 |
[16:28] | Now we know where all the clean bathrooms are. | 现在我们知道了所有干净的卫生间在哪里 |
[16:31] | You just remember the mnemonic: | 你要善用记忆法 |
[16:33] | if it’s number one, the library’s fun, | 小号小号 图书馆让你笑 |
[16:34] | if it’s number two, the basement’s for you. | 大号大号 地下室刚刚好 |
[16:38] | I’m glad you guys made up. | 我很高兴你们和好了 |
[16:39] | Well, I realized my life turned out great, | 我意识到我后来其实过得挺好的 |
[16:42] | and it’s silly to hold a grudge. | 记仇太傻了 |
[16:44] | And I had no idea we were fighting, so it was easy. | 我根本不知道我们吵架了 所以和好很容易 |
[16:47] | Uh, don’t worry, Leonard, | 别担心 莱纳德 |
[16:48] | you’re still my California best friend. | 你依然是我的加州死党 |
[16:52] | Cool. | 酷 |
[16:55] | So, what do you want to do now? | 你现在想做什么 |
[16:56] | Go to the train store, go to the comic book store? | 去火车玩具商店 还是漫画书店 |
[16:59] | Actually, I have to grab my son and head to the airport. | 其实我要带儿子去机场了 |
[17:01] | I was just about to call a cab. | 我正准备叫出租车 |
[17:03] | Don’t be silly, you don’t have to call a cab. | 别傻了 你不用叫出租车 |
[17:05] | You’re my oldest friend. | 你是我交情最老的朋友 |
[17:06] | Leonard will take you. Right, Leonard? | 莱纳德会送你的 对吗 莱纳德 |
[17:11] | Sure. | 当然 |
[17:12] | Shall we? | 可以走了吗 |
[17:13] | Eh, eh, eh, hold on. | 慢着慢着 |
[17:14] | I haven’t seen Tam in 20 years, | 我20年没见丹了 |
[17:16] | give me a chance to say good-bye. | 给我一个机会道别 |
[17:18] | Bye. | 拜 |
[17:28] | Check it out– | 你看 |
[17:29] | LeBron James posted a picture of me and him on Instagram. | 勒布朗·詹姆斯在网上发了我和他的合影 |
[17:31] | I don’t see you. | 我没看到你 |
[17:32] | Look right behind him. | 在他后面 |
[17:34] | No. | 没看到 |
[17:35] | Okay. You see that table just past his left shoulder? | 你看到他左肩后的桌子吗 |
[17:37] | Now go back two more tables and over to the right. | 再过去两桌 看右边 |
[17:41] | All I see is a yellow smudge. | 我只看到一块黄斑 |
[17:43] | That’s me! | 那是我 |
[17:47] | Oh, it’s Raj. | 是拉杰 |
[17:49] | Hey Raj, I’m here with Penny. | 拉杰 我和佩妮在一起 |
[17:50] | What the hell did you two say to Anu? | 你们对安努乱说了些什么 |
[17:55] | Whatever do you mean? | 你这话是什么意思呢 |
[17:57] | Why, why would you tell her | 你们为什么告诉她 |
[17:59] | I wear ladies’ deodorant? | 我用女士体香剂 |
[18:01] | Uh, because you’re a boy and it’s really funny. | 因为你是男人 很好笑啊 |
[18:06] | Oh, oh, okay. Pardon me | 好吧 请原谅我 |
[18:08] | for having the confidence to smell daisy-fresh. | 能有身上带雏菊飘香的自信 |
[18:13] | Just do me a favor and stay away from her. | 帮我个忙 离她远一点 |
[18:16] | Ugh, God, now I feel bad. | 老天 现在我觉得好内疚 |
[18:19] | I know. | 是啊 |
[18:20] | Maybe we should take her out again | 也许我们应该再和她出去 |
[18:21] | and do some damage control. | 说些拉杰的好话 |
[18:23] | You know, that’s a good idea. | 这是个好主意 |
[18:24] | Think she can get us into SoHo House? | 你觉得她能把我们搞进苏荷馆吗 |
[18:28] | I don’t know, but we owe it to Raj to try. | 不知道 但我们欠拉杰人情 必须试试 |