时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | You gotta get that deal closed. | 你赶紧把合约谈拢 |
[00:02] | And the most important thing is cohost approval. | 最重要的是自主选择联合主播 |
[00:06] | Start putting together a list of names, | 开始列名单 |
[00:08] | men who can sit next to Alex for now | 找能暂时搭档艾利克斯 |
[00:10] | and also work with someone younger once she’s gone. | 以及她走之后 能与年轻女主播搭档的男主持 |
[00:12] | Rapist! | 强奸犯 |
[00:13] | Sexual misconduct is what I’m being accused of. | 对我的指控是不当性行为 |
[00:15] | Don’t you wave your fucking hand at me! | 别他妈跟我挥手 |
[00:17] | – Your show sucks. – Please. | -你的节目烂透了 -拜托 |
[00:18] | You really think this is gonna help you get a job? | 你真觉得说这些话就能得到工作了吗 |
[00:20] | People like you are the reason broadcast news is what it is. | 正是你这样的人导致了新闻业的现状 |
[00:23] | Do not show your face tonight. Do not do that to Alex. | 今晚别出现在人前 不要这么对艾利克斯 |
[00:27] | My tux is pressed. | 我的西装都熨好了 |
[00:29] | I can’t unpress my tux. | 熨好就不能浪费 |
[00:31] | Cory would like for you to be at the | 科利希望你能出席 |
[00:32] | Leadership in Journalism event tonight. | 今晚的新闻领袖活动 |
[00:34] | I’m confused. I had a meeting with Chip Charlie Black, | 我都糊涂了 我和奇普·查理·布莱克见过面了 |
[00:36] | and it did not go well. | 没谈拢 |
[00:38] | You remember Bradley Jackson? | 还记得布莱德利·杰克森吗 |
[00:39] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[00:41] | But why is she sitting at that table over there with our people? | 那她为什么和我们的人坐一桌 |
[00:43] | He sat you at my table to fuck with me. | 他安排你我同桌 来给我捣乱 |
[00:46] | Me fuck with you? | 我给你捣乱 |
[00:47] | I’m not closing without cohost approval. | 如果我不能自主选择搭档 我们就谈不拢 |
[00:49] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that, because you’re not getting it. | 那就很遗憾了 因为你不会如愿的 |
[00:51] | Then I’ll walk. | 那我就走人 |
[00:52] | Then walk. | 那就走吧 |
[00:54] | I have some exciting news to share with all of you tonight. | 今晚我要与大家分享一些激动人心的消息 |
[00:57] | I would like to announce my new Morning Show cohost… | 我想宣布我在”晨间秀”的新搭档… |
[01:03] | Bradley Jackson. | 布莱德利·杰克森 |
[02:52] | I would like to take this moment | 我想在此宣布 |
[02:54] | to announce my new Morning Show cohost, | 我在”晨间秀”的新搭档 |
[02:59] | Bradley Jackson. | 布莱德利·杰克森 |
[04:10] | Don’t look too surprised. | 别表现得太惊讶 |
[04:11] | – All right, stand up. Up. – Okay. | -站起来 快点 -好吧 |
[04:13] | – Bradley! – Bradley! | -布莱德利 -布莱德利 |
[04:15] | – Miss Jackson! – Bradley, how are you feeling? | -杰克森小姐 -布莱德利 你心情如何 |
[04:17] | Smile. Smile. | 微笑 微笑 |
[04:18] | How do you feel, Miss Jackson? | 你感觉如何 杰克森小姐 |
[04:20] | Is she drunk? | 她喝多了吗 |
[04:21] | That would make sense. | 那就说得通了 |
[04:22] | Get her to the studio. Don’t let either of them make statements. | 让她去演播厅 别让她们俩发表任何声明 |
[04:25] | She is the perfect person for the job, | 她是这个职位的最佳人选 |
[04:28] | and you will see what I’m talking about. | 你们会知道我所言非虚 |
[04:31] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[04:32] | Hope you had fun up there. | 希望你在台上够高兴 |
[04:35] | Oh, I’m really excited too. | 我也非常兴奋 |
[04:37] | – Are you both gonna be lead anchors? – Bradley. | -你们都是主要主播吗 -布莱德利 |
[04:41] | Let’s go. Let’s go. | 我们走 我们走 |
[04:43] | Bradley, Bradley, | 布莱德利 |
[04:44] | – Maggie Brener, New York Magazine. – Oh, hi. | -我是玛姬·布雷纳 来自”纽约杂志” -你好 |
[04:46] | – Congratulations on… – Maggie, my love. Tonight is a tease. | -恭喜你… -玛姬 亲爱的 今晚就是个小调剂 |
[04:50] | But, Cory, how’d you manage to keep such a delightful secret? | 但是科利 你怎么把这可爱的秘密藏得这么深的 |
[04:54] | Well, you guys are only interested in the obvious choices. | 你们只对显而易见的选择感兴趣 |
[04:57] | Bradley Jackson isn’t obvious. | 布莱德利·杰克森并不显而易见 |
[05:00] | After Mitch, we felt we needed a big change and quickly. | 米奇出事之后 我们感觉需要尽快进行一次大改造 |
[05:03] | One that makes a statement about where we intend to go. | 指明我们未来的发展方向 |
[05:08] | Where is that? | 那方向是什么呢 |
[05:18] | If you guys wanna know more… | 如果你们想了解更多信息… |
[05:21] | tune in on Monday for Alex and Bradley’s first show. | 记得关注艾利克斯和布莱德利的周一首秀 |
[05:25] | Bradley. Miss Jackson, over here, please. | 布莱德利 杰克森小姐 请看这边 |
[05:28] | How long are you gonna be with this network? | 你要在这家电视网工作多久 |
[05:30] | What are you fucking doing? | 你他妈搞什么鬼 |
[05:32] | Um, congratulations, Bradley Jackson. | 恭喜了 布莱德利·杰克森 |
[05:35] | Your life just took off. | 你的人生腾飞了 |
[05:37] | Don’t say anything to anyone and meet me at the studio. | 别跟任何人说任何话 到演播室见我 |
[05:39] | You’re changing the game. How does it feel? | 你正在改变局面 感觉如何 |
[05:41] | Bradley! Bradley. | 布莱德利 布莱德利 |
[05:42] | Are you excited to work with Miss Levy? | 你期待与利维小姐合作吗 |
[05:44] | What is the statement that you would like to make to young women? | 你想对年轻女性说些什么 |
[05:47] | – I don’t… – Hey, let’s get you outta here. | -我不… -我带你出去吧 |
[05:49] | They’re looking at you like you’re raw meat. | 他们都对你虎视眈眈的 |
[05:50] | – Okay. – Okay. We’re going this way. | -好吧 -好 我们走这边 |
[05:52] | – Bradley! – Excuse me. | -布莱德利 -借过一下 |
[05:54] | This way. | 这边走 |
[05:56] | Oh, my God. What the hell just happened? | 天呐 刚刚那什么情况 |
[05:59] | They’ll have answers for us at the studio. Chip knows we’re on our way. | 他们会在演播室回答我们 奇普知道我们要过去 |
[06:02] | Oh, no, no. I’m going to LaGuardia. LaGuardia, please. | 不行 我要去拉瓜迪亚机场 麻烦去机场 |
[06:04] | – Uh, we’re not going to LaGuardia… – Yes. | -我们不去机场… -要去 |
[06:07] | And with all due respect, who the hell are you to tell me what to do? | 无意冒犯 你凭什么管我做什么 |
[06:10] | Do you have a cigarette? | 你有烟吗 |
[06:13] | Twenty bucks. | 20块 |
[06:15] | Bravo, buddy. Way to take advantage of a woman in need. | 优秀啊老哥 这么擅长占女人的便宜 |
[06:17] | Do you have $20? | 你有20块吗 |
[06:21] | Yeah. Cory put it on public record that the show is launching on Monday. | 科利公开声明 周一你们俩要同台直播 |
[06:25] | Yeah, well, he’s insane too. | 他也疯了 |
[06:26] | Agreed. But let’s for one moment assume you are the coanchor. | 我同意 但是现在假设你就是新的联合主播 |
[06:29] | You can assume that. I don’t want to assume that. | 你可以假设 我不想那么假设 |
[06:31] | I’m going to LaGuardia. I don’t wanna be the coanchor. | 我要去机场 我不想当联合主播 |
[06:34] | Why the hell not? | 为什么不呢 |
[06:35] | Because they’re gonna use me to try and get an Eagle News audience | 因为他们要利用我去抢”飞鹰新闻”的观众 |
[06:39] | that I won’t attract because I’m not that kinda conservative. | 但是他们想多了 因为我就不是那种保守派 |
[06:42] | But you don’t know that, | 但是你也不知道啊 |
[06:43] | because there’s no way in hell that I have been vetted. | 因为他们不可能调查过我 |
[06:46] | And I am being set up here to be some sort of fall guy, | 我被设计出现在会场 去当替罪羊 |
[06:50] | and I am not interested in that. | 可惜我一点兴趣也没有 |
[06:51] | Not interested. | 没兴趣 |
[06:53] | Do you have a light? | 有火吗 |
[06:54] | No smoking, ma’am. | 禁止吸烟 女士 |
[06:56] | You’ve gotta be kidding me. | 你他妈逗我呢 |
[06:58] | What the hell were you thinking? | 你在想什么呢 |
[07:01] | Why would you back that unhinged woman to a room full of reporters? | 你为什么让那个疯女人出现在记者扎堆的场合 |
[07:04] | You were given clear instructions. | 你的任务很明确 |
[07:06] | Why would you box us in to a Monday launch with that nobody? | 你干嘛多此一举 说那个无名小卒周一要首秀呢 |
[07:10] | I feel it’s a bit dismissive to refer | 我觉得用”疯女人”和”无名小卒” |
[07:11] | to them as “unhinged woman” and “nobody.” | 形容那两位好像不太恰当 |
[07:13] | Don’t fuck with me. I need to understand how you plan to fix this. | 少跟我胡搅蛮缠 我想知道你计划怎么补救 |
[07:16] | Or explain to me why I shouldn’t fire you along with Levy? | 或者解释一下 我为什么不该炒了你和利维 |
[07:20] | Well, because that “unhinged woman” did us a serious favor. | 因为那个”疯女人”帮了我们一个大忙 |
[07:26] | Look, this show slipped in the ratings, | 听着 这个节目的收视率下滑了 |
[07:28] | Fred, because the show is stale. | 弗雷德 因为这节目没新意 |
[07:30] | Alex Levy, her sell-by date, it expired years ago. | 艾利克斯·利维的保质期早过了 |
[07:33] | She needed to go. Everybody knew we were gonna fire her, | 她得走人 大家都知道我们会开了她 |
[07:35] | but Mitch fucked that up by fucking everything. | 结果米奇出事打乱了所有计划 |
[07:37] | So, now, everybody’s curious. What are we gonna do? | 现在所有人都被吊起了胃口 我们会怎么做呢 |
[07:39] | So what we’re gonna do is, we’re gonna give her this victory. | 所以我们要把这次的胜利果实交给她 |
[07:42] | A Pyrrhic victory. Make her think that she’s won. | 一场得不偿失的胜利 让她以为自己赢了 |
[07:45] | But really, we’re gonna let this “nobody” in to freshen the show. | 但实际上 我们要让这位”无名小卒”给节目带去新气象 |
[07:49] | Juice the ratings for sweeps and finally | 抬高收视率应付清扫期 |
[07:50] | push Alex Levy off the shelf for good | 最后在方便的时候 |
[07:52] | when it is convenient for us | 彻底顶替艾利克斯·利维 |
[07:54] | and when we don’t have to look like the bad guys. | 而且我们还避免了当坏人 |
[07:58] | That doesn’t explain why we have to rush them out for Monday. | 你没说明为什么她们非要赶着在周一首秀 |
[08:01] | Well, the streak. | 顺势而为 |
[08:02] | If we don’t do something next week, the streak is over. | 要是下周没点动静 “势”就不复存在了 |
[08:05] | YDA is not sneaking up on us, they’re breathing down our fucking necks, | YDA不光紧追着我们 他们已经快赶上我们了 |
[08:09] | in spite of our “Mitch is a predator” boost. It feels old. | 除了”性侵犯者米奇”拉了一波收视率 这瓜观众吃腻了 |
[08:12] | People are getting too used to their | 最喜爱的男人化身禽兽 |
[08:14] | favorite cuddly men turning into monsters, | 人们已经太习以为常了 |
[08:16] | but watching a beloved woman’s breakdown | 但是围观一个深受喜爱的女人一败涂地 |
[08:22] | is timeless American entertainment. | 是永不过时的美式娱乐项目 |
[08:29] | The Morning Show audience values stability. | “晨间秀”的观众看重稳定性 |
[08:33] | When has it been the case that a morning audience prefers | 晨间节目的观众什么时候开始更喜欢 |
[08:35] | fighting over family? | 家庭内讧了 |
[08:37] | I don’t know. Families fight, Fred. | 我不知道 家人之间也会争执 弗雷德 |
[08:39] | Look, all right, hey, give me a month of “The Alex and Bradley Show.” | 这样吧 给我一个月制作”艾利克斯与布莱德利秀” |
[08:43] | Either they work well together, or it’s horrible. | 她们要么合作无间 要么车祸现场 |
[08:47] | Regardless, putting Bradley in lets us get back to replacing Alex. | 反正布莱德利上位让我们重启更换艾利克斯的日程 |
[08:51] | And it’ll be interesting and fun, fresh, you know, | 一定会十分有趣 欢乐 又新颖 |
[08:55] | which is imperative right now. | 这些元素现在可重要了 |
[08:59] | I’m gonna make something clear. | 我跟你申明一点 |
[09:02] | I have an easy fall guy when all this goes to shit. | 万一翻车的话 我正好有只替罪羊 |
[09:08] | Oh, we’re talking about me, right? | 你指的是我吗 |
[09:10] | Chaos, it’s the new cocaine, Fred. | 混乱是新型可卡因 弗雷德 |
[09:14] | You screwed yourself. | 你把自己坑了 |
[09:15] | Committed a fireable offense, overtly in breach of contract. | 触碰一项职场禁忌 公然违约 |
[09:19] | We’ll be lucky if the network even continues negotiations. | 电视网愿意继续谈判都算我们运气了 |
[09:24] | You need to go in and find Fred and apologize tonight. | 你今晚就去找弗雷德道歉 |
[09:28] | Right, right. Is there an alternative option? | 好吧 有别的选择吗 |
[09:32] | Not unless you wanna pull the rehab card. | 除非你想被打入冷宫 |
[09:34] | We could say you were emotional about Mitch. | 我们可以说 你因为米奇变得情绪化 |
[09:36] | But I’m not emotional about Mitch. | 但是我没有因为米奇变得情绪化 |
[09:38] | I was emotional because no one’s fucking listening to me! | 我变得情绪化是因为他妈的没人听我说话 |
[09:40] | Mom! What’s going on? Are you? Are you… | 妈 怎么了 你… |
[09:43] | – Yes, I’m fine. Sorry. – Let’s just take a little beat here, please. | -我没事 对不起 -稍微冷静一下吧 |
[09:46] | – Sarah, listen. I’m going to handle this. – It’s okay. It’s okay. | -萨拉 听我说 我会处理这个问题 -没关系 |
[09:50] | Then put on your apology face and fucking mean it. | 那就真心实意去道歉 |
[09:52] | – Absolutely. I completely understand. – You understand? | -没问题 我完全听懂了 -你懂了吗 |
[09:56] | Guys. Guys, guys, guys. | 两位 |
[09:58] | Listen, don’t… Honey, oh, baby. Honey, listen to me. | 听着 别… 宝贝 听我说 |
[10:01] | Sometimes women can’t ask for control. | 有时候女人不能要求控制权 |
[10:06] | So, they have to take it, okay? | 所以必须主动去夺取 明白了吗 |
[10:10] | Okay. | 明白了 |
[10:11] | I want you to remember that. Okay, baby? | 我要你记住这一点 好吗 宝贝 |
[10:14] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好 -那好 |
[10:27] | Okay. Everybody knows you’re here. | 大家都知道你来了 |
[10:29] | They want you to sit tight for 15 minutes. | 他们要你等15分钟 |
[10:31] | I will not sit tight. | 我不会等 |
[10:32] | There are some snacks. Some TV. | 这里有零食 有电视 |
[10:33] | There’s definitely some booze around here somewhere. | 应该还有一些酒 |
[10:35] | They’re deciding my life out there. | 他们在决定我的人生 |
[10:37] | Yes, and I know that’s insane, but Alex is meeting with the CEO. | 没错 我知道这很疯狂 但是艾利克斯去见总裁了 |
[10:39] | Chip is gathering the staff, | 奇普正在召集员工 |
[10:40] | and if you’re even remotely considering doing this… | 如果你稍微想过这种情况… |
[10:42] | I don’t know what this is. | 我都不明白情况 |
[10:44] | You need to let them come to you. | 你得让他们来找你 |
[10:45] | You need to let yourself take a breath. Have a fucking drink. | 你需要平复一下呼吸 喝上一杯 |
[10:48] | Think about what you want. | 思考你想要什么 |
[10:53] | Consider this the start of me being a great producer. | 就把这当成我成为金牌制作人的开始 |
[10:54] | – You’re not my producer. – Yet. | -你不是我的制作人 -暂时不是 |
[11:04] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[11:08] | Hal, where have you been? | 霍尔 你去哪了 |
[11:10] | You cannot seriously be making this about me right now. | 你现在先别说我的事 |
[11:13] | Okay? Can we please talk about you? You’re all over the news. | 我们能聊聊你吗 所有的新闻节目都在播你 |
[11:16] | This is so weird. | 太奇怪了 |
[11:17] | Yeah, no kidding. Is Mom okay? | 行了 不开玩笑 妈还好吧 |
[11:24] | She’s pissed at me. | 她生我气了 |
[11:25] | She said you embarrassed her with her | 她说你让她在朋友面前丢脸了 |
[11:27] | friends because you didn’t tell her. | 因为你没告诉她这件事 |
[11:30] | I didn’t know. | 我都不知道 |
[11:32] | Is this even real? | 这是真的吗 |
[11:36] | Fuck, Hal. I hope not. | 操 霍尔 我希望不是 |
[11:46] | – Oh, hey. She’s waiting in the green room. – You’re a god. | -她在休息室等着 -你太靠谱了 |
[11:49] | – Is this for real? Or are… – Fucking hope not. | -这是来真的吗 或者… -真他妈希望是梦 |
[11:51] | What the hell was she thinking? It’s a room | 她到底在想什么 |
[11:53] | full of press, and she just… | 一屋子的媒体 她就… |
[11:54] | I think she was thinking it would be effective. | 我觉得她可能想追求效果 |
[11:56] | – Yeah, well… – So? | -这个嘛… -然后呢 |
[11:57] | Wait till she finds out Bradley Jackson | 等着吧 她会发现布莱德利·杰克森 |
[11:59] | is a fucking raving lunatic. Jesus. | 是个胡言乱语的疯婆娘 老天 |
[12:03] | – Chip. – What? | -奇普 -干嘛 |
[12:05] | I wanna produce her. | 我想当她的制作人 |
[12:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:08] | Because I’ve been in purgatory. I’m too good for that shit. | 因为我身经百战 我很擅长应付这种情况 |
[12:10] | If this is real, you should put your best person on it, | 如果这是真的 你就该安排最优秀的人 |
[12:13] | and you know that’s fucking me, and, honestly, I like her, | 你知道绝对是我 而且我喜欢她 |
[12:17] | which could go a long way to making this work. | 完全可以打持久战 |
[12:21] | If this works, it’s gonna be a fucking disaster, | 要是真成了 那就是灾难 |
[12:23] | and you’re gonna be tied to it. | 你也会被拖下水 |
[12:25] | Yeah, I’ve been tied to disasters before. | 我以前也被拖下水过 |
[12:28] | I want this, Chip. | 我要当 奇普 |
[12:34] | Hold on. Let’s just get some quiet. | 等等 安静点 |
[12:37] | Can I get quiet for two seconds, please? | 能安静两秒钟吗 |
[12:39] | I refuse to accept any of this as reality. Fuck. Jesus. | 我拒绝这一切是现实 操他妈的 |
[12:47] | Who died? | 谁死了 |
[12:49] | Ideally, not my show. | 希望不是我的节目 |
[12:52] | Come on, Chip. Cheer the fuck up. | 别这样 奇普 振作点 |
[12:54] | We’re in the middle of an epic rebirth. | 我们正在经历一场伟大的重生 |
[12:57] | So, this is happening? | 那 这一切是真的喽 |
[12:59] | Look, I do know that this comes as a bit of a surprise. | 听着 我知道这一切来得有点突然 |
[13:03] | Alex jumped the gun a little bit on the announcement, | 艾利克斯宣布的时候太操之过急了 |
[13:05] | but we’ve been quietly vetting Bradley for a while now, | 但是我们已经暗中调查过布莱德利 |
[13:08] | looking for someone with that kind of unpredictable energy. | 寻找充满那种意外活力的人 |
[13:11] | And I know Monday feels fast. That’s why we hired a veteran. | 我知道周一着实太快了 所以我们才雇了一个有经验的人 |
[13:14] | Not an anchor veteran. Zero anchor experience, in fact. | 她才没有主播经验 其实是零经验 |
[13:18] | But she has got raw talent coming out of her pores. | 但是她天赋异禀 |
[13:22] | And you know it. | 你也知道 |
[13:25] | So, let’s get moving, people. | 开始工作吧 各位 |
[13:26] | We’ve got 48 hours to define the character of Bradley Jackson. | 我们有48小时定义布莱德利·杰克森 |
[13:30] | I want wardrobe tests, screen tests, makeup tests. | 我需要试衣 试镜 试妆容 |
[13:33] | I wanna have those tests focus-grouped. | 所有测试都要到位 |
[13:34] | We need a contract. Where’s legal? | 我们需要一份合约 法务部的人呢 |
[13:36] | I’m telling you, it’s not a given she’ll go on air Monday. | 我告诉你 她周一不会直播 |
[13:39] | Are you legal? | 你是法务部的吗 |
[13:41] | I’m Mia Jordan, Bradley’s producer. | 我是米娅·乔丹 布莱德利的制作人 |
[13:46] | Well, that happened fast. | 这么快就以制作人自居了 |
[13:49] | Uh… Yeah, I felt I was a few steps behind, | 我好像落了进度 |
[13:52] | so I wanted one of my best people to manage the circus. | 所以我需要最优秀的人员都参与进来 |
[13:59] | Well, just make sure that she can read a teleprompter. | 好吧 确保她会看提词器 |
[14:04] | I don’t want to rain on the parade, | 我不想泼大家冷水 |
[14:05] | but I snaked a Mitch accuser from YDA. | 但是我从YDA抢了一个控诉米奇的人 |
[14:10] | – You got a Mitch accuser? – Yeah. | -你有一个控诉米奇的人 -对 |
[14:12] | Not great optics to launch a new anchor | 新主播首秀碰上性侵受害者勇敢回归 |
[14:14] | next to a sexual assault victim’s brave return. | 并不是个好的选择 |
[14:17] | Are you kidding me? That’s perfect. | 谁说的 那简直太完美了 |
[14:20] | What is your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[14:20] | – Hannah. I’m head booker. – Hannah. | -汉娜 我是首席邀约员 -汉娜 |
[14:22] | Hannah nailed it, ’cause we’re creating a safe space here. | 汉娜解决了难题 因为我们正在创造一个安全的空间 |
[14:28] | It’s a feminine space. | 这是一个女性空间 |
[14:30] | This is an era for The Morning Show | 这是”晨间秀”的时代 |
[14:32] | where women make the rules and give voice to the silenced. | 女人制定规则 为无声者发声 |
[14:37] | Speaking of which, nobody says a fucking word to the press. | 顺便提醒一下 不准任何人跟媒体泄露半个字 |
[14:40] | They’re gonna be circling us like vultures. | 他们会像秃鹫一样包围我们 |
[14:42] | So, anyone who leaks will be murdered… | 所以 任何泄露信息的人都会被扼杀… |
[14:46] | career-wise. | 我是说职业生涯 |
[14:48] | Okay. I’m gonna run upstairs to the public spanking of Alex Levy. | 行了 我要上楼去见众所周知的艾利克斯·利维 |
[14:58] | Neal, I have an idea. | 尼尔 我有个想法 |
[15:00] | I know it’s only been a few days, | 我知道才过没多久 |
[15:02] | and I know that you’re gonna tell me it’s too soon, | 我知道你会跟我说太快了 |
[15:04] | but let’s just for a second, look at the larger context of #MeToo. | 但是稍微看看”我也是”话题的大背景 |
[15:09] | It’s been, what? Two years? | 多久了 两年了吗 |
[15:12] | We’re two years in. | 两年了 |
[15:13] | I feel that people are screaming for an honest conversation. | 我觉得人们急需一次开诚布公的交谈 |
[15:18] | And what do I do? | 我是做什么的 |
[15:21] | What do I do best? | 我最擅长做什么 |
[15:22] | I am a journalist. | 我是个记者 |
[15:24] | I can feel when the world needs me to articulate something for them. | 我能感觉到世界需要我为他们说点话 |
[15:28] | To help them understand. | 帮助他们理解 |
[15:31] | And believe me, I know this is gonna | 相信我 我知道 |
[15:34] | require a high degree of sensitivity. | 这是个高度敏感的话题 |
[15:37] | But I fucking love a tightrope. I love it. It makes me feel alive. | 但我就爱绷紧的弦 我喜欢 让我充满活力 |
[15:41] | You know what? Maybe all of this happened for a reason. | 也许这一切的发生是有原因的 |
[15:44] | Because I think that if I can get in there, and I can show my face, | 因为我认为 如果我能进去露脸 |
[15:49] | and I can look and address the darkness… | 我能看着黑暗说… |
[15:52] | that exists within… | 存在于… |
[15:54] | You’re gonna answer… | 你会接听… |
[15:56] | Fuck. | 操 |
[16:02] | Who is Bradley Jackson? | 谁是布莱德利·杰克森 |
[16:09] | Mitch, I love you. | 米奇 我爱你 |
[16:12] | I mean, you know that’s true. | 你知道我说的是真话 |
[16:13] | You’re a fantastic talent. | 你是个才华横溢的人 |
[16:16] | But the fact of the matter is that a | 但实际情况是 |
[16:18] | working relationship is based on work, | 工作关系的基础是工作 |
[16:23] | and that’s not gonna be happening for a while. | 我们的工作关系要结束一段时间了 |
[16:27] | Are you dropping me, Neal? | 你要抛弃我吗 尼尔 |
[16:34] | We have a lot of female clients that are journalists that we represent. | 我们有很多女客户是我们所代表的记者 |
[16:37] | You understand? | 你明白吗 |
[16:38] | There are certain pressures brought to bear on us. | 我们面临着一些压力 |
[16:41] | Believe me, I wish it was different than the way it is, | 相信我 我也不希望看到这种情况 |
[16:43] | but this is the reality now. | 但这就是现实 |
[16:46] | Maybe you should sign Bradley Jackson, | 也许你该签了布莱德利·杰克森 |
[16:47] | whoever the fuck that is. | 无论她是哪根葱 |
[16:51] | Would you like me to leave? | 要我离开吗 |
[16:53] | Yes. | 好 |
[17:09] | I don’t feel I need to remind you | 我觉得 我没必要提醒你 |
[17:11] | that this network has been very good to you over the years. | 这些年电视网待你不薄 |
[17:15] | We have always shown you personal and professional respect. | 我们始终尊重你个人和你的职业 |
[17:18] | I never anticipated we would be met with such utter disrespect | 我从没想过 你会以这样的无礼和不服从 |
[17:21] | and insubordination in return. | 来回报我们 |
[17:26] | This network has every right to terminate you immediately. | 我们有权立刻终止你的合约 |
[17:32] | You have placed us in an impossible situation. | 你让我们陷入一个为难的境地 |
[17:34] | You have embarrassed yourself. | 你让你自己出丑 |
[17:36] | You have done something unforgivably selfish. | 你的所作所为极其自私 |
[17:41] | And for what? To what end? | 为了什么 你想怎么样 |
[17:44] | I find myself wondering if we can even trust you with the privilege | 我甚至怀疑是否该给予你 |
[17:48] | of being on air for The Morning Show. | “晨间秀”主播的特权 |
[17:54] | Are you done? | 说完了吗 |
[17:57] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[18:00] | The part you guys never seem to realize | 你们似乎从没意识到的是 |
[18:03] | is that you don’t have the power anymore. | 你们早就失去权力了 |
[18:07] | The news division is held up by my show. | 新闻部是靠我的节目撑起来的 |
[18:11] | And the only thing keeping us afloat is me. | 唯一令我们免于破产的人是我 |
[18:16] | Because guess what? | 猜猜为什么 |
[18:18] | America loves me. | 因为全国观众爱我 |
[18:23] | And therefore, I own America. | 因此 全国观众在我的手上 |
[18:27] | It seems pretty fucking simple, but so easy for you guys to forget. | 这么简单的道理你们却轻易忘掉了 |
[18:32] | Are you actually trying to justify your action… | 你是想为你的行为开脱… |
[18:34] | You’re not listening! | 你没认真听 |
[18:36] | I don’t need to justify anything. | 我不需要任何开脱 |
[18:39] | You all are so convinced that you are | 你们都非常坚信 |
[18:41] | the rightful owner of all of the power | 自己理所当然掌控一切 |
[18:44] | that it doesn’t even occur to you | 所以你们从未想过 |
[18:45] | that someone else could be in the driver’s seat. | 能有别人来掌权 |
[18:49] | And so, we have to just gingerly step around your male egos | 因此 我们只能在你们的大男子主义下战战兢兢讨生活 |
[18:54] | in order to not burst this precious little bubble. | 不让你们营造出的幻象破灭 |
[18:59] | Well, surprise! | 想不到吧 |
[19:01] | I’m bursting it. | 我要打破幻象 |
[19:08] | We are doing this my way. | 要按我的方式来 |
[19:12] | Because, frankly, I’ve let you bozos handle this long enough. | 因为说实话 我已经让你们这些蠢货掌权够久了 |
[19:21] | Not the apology you were expecting? | 跟你期望的道歉不一样吧 |
[19:42] | Wanna take a seat? | 要坐坐吗 |
[19:46] | Is that an invitation or a command? | 你是在邀请我 还是命令我 |
[19:48] | You sound a little pissed off. | 你好像有点生气 |
[19:51] | I don’t like surprises. | 我不喜欢意外 |
[19:52] | Oh, come on. That was a pretty good surprise. | 拜托 这可是意外大惊喜 |
[19:55] | No. You don’t get to make this about me. | 不是 你不该把矛头对向我 |
[19:57] | You dropped a bomb, and I don’t know why. | 你丢了颗炸弹 我不知道你为什么这么做 |
[19:59] | Maybe you’re trying to blow up your life. | 也许你是想推翻以前的生活 |
[20:01] | Maybe you were angry, which I get, | 也许是因为生气 这我也理解 |
[20:04] | but you don’t have the right to fuck with me. | 但你无权来整我 |
[20:06] | Fuck with you? How? | 整你 怎么整你了 |
[20:08] | By offering you the most coveted anchor job in the world? | 给你世人梦寐以求的主持岗位叫整你吗 |
[20:12] | I don’t want your job. | 我不要你的工作 |
[20:13] | Oh, honey, bullshit. | 亲爱的 说什么胡话呢 |
[20:16] | You are so cocky. You just think I’m gonna do this? | 你太自大了 你真觉得我会接受吗 |
[20:20] | I know you’re going to do this. | 我知道你会的 |
[20:22] | I don’t have a contract. | 我没有合同 |
[20:24] | Well, great. I just put you in a great spot to negotiate. | 那太好了 我给了你谈合同的资本 |
[20:29] | This job is yours. | 这工作是你的了 |
[20:31] | I’m welcoming you with open arms. | 我热烈欢迎你的到来 |
[20:33] | I’m giving you the biggest news platform you could ever have. | 我给了你这辈子最大的新闻平台 |
[20:38] | If you’re a true journalist, you don’t say no to this. | 你要是真正的新闻工作者 就不会拒绝这机会 |
[20:41] | I’m not sure this is considered true journalism. | 这能算是真正的新闻人吗 |
[20:46] | And how many current or former presidents have you interviewed? | 你采访过几个现任或前任总统 |
[20:53] | This job requires a certain kind of positivity. | 这工作需要一定的积极态度 |
[20:56] | I’m not a perky person. | 我不是个活泼的人 |
[20:57] | I don’t care. I don’t want us to be the same. | 我不在乎 我不想让你跟我一样 |
[21:00] | I’m not looking to groom my replacement. | 我不是在培养我的替补 |
[21:04] | I want a partner. | 我要的是搭档 |
[21:06] | Do you? | 是吗 |
[21:07] | Or do you want somebody who’s beholden to you? | 还是想找个能受制于你的人 |
[21:09] | Somebody who’s grateful that you plucked them from obscurity? | 对你的提携感恩戴德的人 |
[21:13] | Because if that’s what you’re hoping for, | 因为你要是这么想的话 |
[21:14] | I will give you serious buyer’s remorse. | 我肯定会让你严重后悔的 |
[21:19] | You are convinced that you know me. | 你好像一副很了解我的样子 |
[21:22] | I can guarantee that you are underestimating me. | 你绝对是在小瞧我 |
[21:25] | And I am really fucking over people doing that. | 我很讨厌别人小瞧我 |
[21:30] | I want you here at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow. | 明早7点过来 |
[21:32] | I suggest that you get up at 5:00. 4:00 on Sunday. | 我建议你周日四五点起床 |
[21:37] | Start getting yourself conditioned. | 开始慢慢适应 |
[21:40] | Alex… | 艾利克斯… |
[21:45] | I don’t like being used. | 我不喜欢被利用 |
[21:46] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[21:48] | Could you just try, like, taking advantage of the situation presented? | 你就不能好好利用下现状吗 |
[21:53] | That sounds like something you might enjoy. | 感觉你应该会喜欢的 |
[21:56] | Come on. See you tomorrow. | 加油吧 明天见 |
[22:16] | We’re gonna hit up a lot of the nitty-gritty today, | 我们今天有很多重要细节要过一遍 |
[22:17] | because being a morning show anchor is the | 因为主持晨间新闻节目 |
[22:19] | hardest job on television bar none. | 是所有电视节目中最难的 |
[22:21] | So, we’re gonna meet with makeup, | 所以 我们要和化妆师 |
[22:22] | wardrobe, we’ll do some screen tests. | 服装部的人见面 要试镜 |
[22:24] | – Okay. – Meet with marketing, publicity, research, | -好的 -要去见市场部 公关部 调研部的人 |
[22:26] | uh, we’re gonna drill transitions. | 还要练习转场 |
[22:29] | Look, the other thing is that, and don’t shoot the messenger, | 听着 还有另一件事 记住 我只是个传话的 |
[22:32] | the show will be heavily scripted. | 节目上要严格按书面稿念 |
[22:34] | What do you mean by “heavily”? | 你说的”严格”是什么意思 |
[22:35] | Completely. It’s gonna be completely scripted. | 就是要完全 完全按稿念 |
[22:38] | Okay, no, I’m not a novice. I don’t like things to be overtly scripted. | 好吧 我又不是新手 我不喜欢完全照稿读 |
[22:42] | It sort of eliminates any possibility of something truthful happening. | 这不利于真情实感的流露 |
[22:46] | Plus, I have a habit of going off-script sometimes. | 另外 我有时会临场发挥 我习惯了 |
[22:49] | Two-Fucks Jackson. | “两度爆粗杰克森” |
[22:50] | Well, I see the research has finally begun. | 你们调研部已经开始发力了啊 |
[22:53] | I can relate to a good self-sabotage, | 我能理解这种真性情的流露 |
[22:55] | but it cannot happen on The Morning Show. | 但”晨间秀”不容许这种情况发生 |
[22:58] | Okay, Mia, listen. I get that you’re | 好吧 米娅 我知道你很兴奋 |
[23:01] | excited and I get that y’all want this to work out. | 很希望一切顺利 |
[23:03] | I just don’t know how I feel about being forced onto national television | 但我真的不喜欢这样被强行拉到 |
[23:06] | just to make an ass of myself. | 全国电视节目上出丑 |
[23:08] | I wanna be clear, by showing up today, I’m not agreeing to this, | 我今天跟你见面就是想说清楚 这事我不同意 |
[23:12] | and I’m not signing a contract, okay? | 我不会签合同的 好吗 |
[23:16] | Baby steps, okay? | 我们慢慢来 好吗 |
[23:20] | You know who’s the most excited? | 知道谁最激动吗 |
[23:21] | – Who? – Alex. | -谁 -艾利克斯 |
[23:23] | Seriously. | 真的 |
[23:24] | She’s gonna be shepherding you through this entire weekend, | 她整个周末都会带着你培训 |
[23:26] | along with me, of course. | 当然是和我一起 |
[23:29] | Okay? She really wants to take a firm hand in this. | 知道吗 她在这事上态度非常强硬 |
[23:31] | – She really cares. – She does? | -她真的很在乎 -是吗 |
[23:34] | Absolutely. This whole weekend is about you. | 当然 这周末的核心人物就是你 |
[23:36] | Getting to know Bradley Jackson, who you are, what’s important to you. | 了解布莱德利·杰克森 你究竟是谁 对你来说什么是重要的 |
[23:40] | Really? You think I can define myself? | 真的吗 你觉得我能给自己定位吗 |
[23:43] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[23:45] | This is gonna be fun. Watch. | 会很有意思的 等着吧 |
[23:47] | Can’t wait. | 我都迫不及待了 |
[23:51] | You guys, thank you. Thank you, but no. | 各位 谢谢你们 谢谢 但是不行 |
[23:54] | Fucking no. I’m sorry. I know you’re tired, | 就是他妈不行 很抱歉 我知道你们累了 |
[23:56] | and I know you hate me right now, but I really don’t give a shit. | 现在很恨我 但我不在乎 |
[23:59] | All we have to do is figure out who | 我们要做的 就是弄清楚 |
[24:02] | Bradley Jackson is next to Alex Levy. | 艾利克斯·利维旁边的布莱德利·杰克森究竟是谁 |
[24:04] | Who do you partner with a 24-karat bitch? | 和24K纯婊搭档的是谁 |
[24:08] | That’s actually really funny. Don’t… | 真有意思 别… |
[24:10] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[24:12] | Oh, good to see you’re all in such good spirits today. | 看到你们都这么精神真是太好了 |
[24:15] | Milk Bar for the writers. | 给各位撰稿人准备了小点心 |
[24:17] | Yes, I’m shamelessly bribing you with sugar for working overtime. | 没错 我就是这么无耻 要用甜品贿赂你们加班 |
[24:21] | So, you’re joining us? | 你要跟我们一起吗 |
[24:23] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[24:24] | We were just discussing the enigma that is Bradley Jackson, so… | 我们刚才在讨论神秘人物 布莱德利·杰克森 所以… |
[24:27] | Fabulous. | 太好了 |
[24:29] | So, if you’d give us a few minutes… | 所以 如果你给我们点时间… |
[24:30] | No, I’d actually like to get in on that. | 不 我想跟你们一起 |
[24:32] | – It’s actually why I’m here. – To discuss Bradley? | -所以我才过来的 -来讨论布莱德利吗 |
[24:35] | Among other things. | 还有其他事情 |
[24:38] | Look, guys, this is a pressure-cooker moment, all right? | 听着 各位 现在的局势一触即发 对吧 |
[24:42] | This is a massive transition. | 这是一次大转型 |
[24:43] | We are redefining ourselves, | 我们要重新定义自己 |
[24:45] | and I need to make sure that we are all on the same page. | 我得确保所有人都达成一致 |
[24:50] | So I’m gonna be here all weekend. | 所以我整个周末都会在这 |
[24:52] | – All weekend? – Yeah, all weekend. | -整个周末 -是的 整个周末 |
[24:54] | Sean typed up a schedule. Sean. | 肖恩打了计划表 肖恩 |
[24:55] | So, I spoke to wardrobe, | 我跟服装部说过了 |
[24:57] | and they’re going to screen test some | 他们会对一些能吸引 |
[24:59] | looks that will appeal to her demographic. | 她这个年龄层观众的形象进行试镜 |
[25:02] | And then I want us to bang out some copy | 我希望各位能把稿子写出来 |
[25:05] | so that we can talk about what segments | 我们好讨论一下 |
[25:07] | that we will be giving to Bradley. | 让布莱德利负责哪一部分节目 |
[25:08] | What time does Ashley Brown get here? | 阿什丽·布朗什么时候来 |
[25:10] | – Around 10:00. – 10:00. Okay, great. | -大概十点 -十点 好的 可以 |
[25:12] | I’ll do her pre-interview then. | 我来给她做访谈前的准备工作 |
[25:14] | Sorry, should I know who Ashley Brown is? | 抱歉 能问下阿什丽·布朗是谁吗 |
[25:17] | Mitch’s victim. | 米奇的受害者 |
[25:18] | No, let’s not call her a victim. | 不 我们不要叫她受害者 |
[25:20] | Okay, what should we call her then? | 好吧 那应该叫她什么 |
[25:22] | I think “accuser” feels more appropriate. | “控诉者”感觉更合适 |
[25:24] | Look, if she wants to call herself a victim, | 如果她想称自己为受害者 |
[25:26] | we can take our lead from her. | 我们可以这么喊 |
[25:28] | But I think it’s important that she feels in control of it. | 但我认为 重要的是 让她觉得自己有掌控权 |
[25:31] | In control of the language used. | 由她决定怎么称呼自己 |
[25:33] | So, just to be clear, and I appreciate the typed-up schedule, | 让我先搞清楚 很感谢你把计划表打出来 |
[25:38] | you’re doing the Ashley Brown interview? | 你要负责阿什丽·布朗的采访吗 |
[25:43] | Yes, I am, Chip. | 是啊 奇普 |
[25:49] | What? | 怎么了 |
[25:51] | Okay. All right, team. | 好吧 好吧 同志们 |
[25:55] | I will address the elephant in the room. | 就由我来点破吧 |
[26:00] | Yes, yes. I worked side by side with Mitch for 15 years. | 是的 没错 我跟米奇并肩工作了15年 |
[26:05] | God knows he was not perfect. | 他确实不是完人 |
[26:07] | I felt it daily. | 我每天都能感觉到 |
[26:10] | But I didn’t know he was that guy. | 但我不知道他是那种人 |
[26:13] | And that’s a problem. | 问题就在这 |
[26:16] | I fell asleep at the wheel. | 没注意到是我的失误 |
[26:19] | But I want you to know that I am here now. | 但我告诉你们 现在我会负起责任 |
[26:23] | And I’m here for Ashley, | 我会为阿什丽发声 |
[26:25] | and I’m here for you. | 为你们发声 |
[26:27] | I’m available, I’m accessible, and I’m awake. | 我就在这里 支持你们所有人 我现在很清醒 |
[26:33] | So, shall we? | 那么 我们可以开始吗 |
[26:39] | Stay on two. As we said, go with Yanko. Go with Yanko. | 二号机继续 按我们说的做 跟着杨科 跟着杨科 |
[26:44] | If you live in New England, not so fast. | 如果你家住新英格兰地区 别急 |
[26:47] | – All right. Good, good, good. – You’ll be seeing one last snowfall | -好的 很好 很好 很好 -你很快会看到本季 |
[26:48] | of the season. | 最后一场雪 |
[26:50] | We do have some exciting wind blowing | 确实还会有一些强风 |
[26:51] | – our way down here in New York City too – Okay, good, guys. | -吹过纽约市 -好的 很好 各位 |
[26:53] | And she goes by the name of Bradley Jackson. | 她的名字就是布莱德利·杰克森 |
[26:56] | – Stand by two, take it two. – Very smooth. | -二号机待命 开始 -非常顺利 |
[26:58] | Welcome to command center. | 欢迎来到控制中心 |
[26:59] | Now, I may be stating the obvious, | 现在 这可能是众所周知的事了 |
[27:01] | but it’s a pretty exciting weekend here at TMS. | 但是对”晨间秀”而言 这是个激动人心的周末 |
[27:05] | We have our new Morning Show cohost, Bradley, in the halls, | 我们迎来了新的联合主持 布莱德利 |
[27:07] | and she and Alex are prepping a really, | 她和艾利克斯正在为周一 |
[27:09] | really amazing show for this Monday. | 准备非常精彩的节目 |
[27:11] | That’s right, Daniel. | 没错 丹尼尔 |
[27:12] | And that includes an interview with our | 包括采访 |
[27:14] | very own former colleague Ashley Brown, | 我们的前同事阿什丽·布朗 |
[27:16] | who has bravely agreed to return and talk | 她勇敢地同意回到这里 |
[27:18] | about her experience with Mitch Kessler. | 讲述她和米奇·凯斯勒之间的经历 |
[27:21] | That’s going to be something. | 这会是一次重大采访 |
[27:22] | – Yeah. It’s very, very brave. – Yeah. Big stuff. | -没错 非常勇敢的举动 -没错 大事件 |
[27:24] | We hope you spend your Monday morning with our new family. | 希望你能和我们的新家人共度周一清晨 |
[27:27] | I’m Daniel Henderson. | 我是丹尼尔·亨德森 |
[27:28] | I’m Alison Namazi. | 我是艾丽森·纳玛兹 |
[27:29] | I’m Yanko Flores. | 我是扬科·弗洛雷斯 |
[27:30] | And this was the weekend edition of The Morning Show. | 以上就是”晨间秀”周末版 |
[27:32] | – Ready, four? – Until next time. | -四号机准备 -下次见 |
[27:34] | Take four. Insert. Roll credits. | 四号机 嵌入 上片尾字幕 |
[27:40] | ‘Cause America loves a good Cinderella story, | 因为美国喜欢美好的”灰姑娘”的故事 |
[27:42] | just as long as she’s a white girl. | 只要她是白人女孩 |
[27:43] | Please. Disney got you a black princess, like, what, 2008? | 拜托 迪士尼不是有过黑人公主吗 大概2008年的时候 |
[27:46] | He’s not wrong. | 他说得没错 |
[27:48] | – I don’t recall that. – You didn’t see it. | -我不记得了 -你没看过 |
[27:49] | There was a frog. | 里面有只青蛙 |
[27:50] | Bradley. Hi. Claire. We met the other day. | 布莱德利 你好 我是克莱尔 我们那天见过 |
[27:53] | – Yeah, yeah. I remember. – I’m with the digital team today. | -对 对 我记得 -我今天在数字组 |
[27:55] | If it’s cool, I’m gonna shadow you while | 可以的话 今早试镜的时候 |
[27:56] | we do your screen tests this morning. | 我想带你去看看 |
[27:58] | Give people a front-row look on how we make a star. | 让人们好好看看我们是怎么造星的 |
[28:03] | Sorry, they told me to say that. Stupid. Let’s go. | 抱歉 是他们让我这么说的 太蠢了 走吧 |
[28:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:07] | Fuck me. | 操 |
[28:11] | Tell me why I shouldn’t hand in my resignation now. | 现在就给我个不递交辞呈的理由 |
[28:16] | Daniel, I could write you a fucking book. | 丹尼尔 理由都够写本书了 |
[28:17] | Yesterday, you said it was my chair to lose. | 昨天 你让我别把快到手的位置弄丢了 |
[28:20] | And I don’t recall fucking up the pass. | 我可不记得自己有把机会搞砸 |
[28:22] | So why am I out there previewing a conservative beauty queen, huh? | 那我今天为什么要在节目上介绍一位选美皇后 |
[28:26] | You know, she’s not a beauty queen, and | 你知道吗 她不是选美皇后 |
[28:28] | she’s actually more of a libertarian, | 她其实更像自由派人士 |
[28:29] | so I don’t know. | 所以我不知道 |
[28:30] | – Chip, I’m out. – Daniel, come on. | -奇普 我不干了 -丹尼尔 别这样 |
[28:32] | Hold on, hold on, hold on. | 等下 等下 等下 |
[28:33] | Take a breath, take a breath, take a breath. | 放松 放松 放松 |
[28:35] | I have been told to take deep breaths my whole life. | 我这辈子不停有人让我放松 |
[28:38] | I can’t do it anymore. | 我不能再放松了 |
[28:39] | Daniel, I’m telling you, | 丹尼尔 我跟你说 |
[28:40] | you walk out that door, you’re never gonna get back in | 你要是这么走了 等位置空出来后 |
[28:42] | when the chair opens up. | 你就再也没机会回来了 |
[28:43] | And when will that be? | 要等到猴年马月呢 |
[28:45] | Because women live longer than men, | 因为女人活得比男人久 |
[28:46] | and those two look like they do a lot of Pilates. | 而且那两人一副做了不少普拉提的样子 |
[28:49] | Read the tea leaves! Bradley Jackson is a nobody. | 这还想不到吗 布莱德利·杰克森是个无名小卒 |
[28:52] | Alex is… clearly struggling, you know? | 艾利克斯… 现在显然是举步维艰 |
[28:55] | It was a desperate move from | 这无非就是被伤自尊的人 |
[28:57] | someone who had their fucking ego bruised, okay? | 做出的垂死挣扎 懂吗 |
[28:59] | This will fail. | 这计划行不通的 |
[29:01] | And, when it does, maybe two chairs are gonna open up. | 等它泡汤了 也许两个位置都会空出来 |
[29:06] | Okay? So, please, I’m begging you, | 好吗 拜托了 我求求你 |
[29:12] | ride with me through this shitstorm, | 跟我一起熬过这场乱子 |
[29:15] | and I promise you the show will be yours in the end. | 我跟你保证 这节目最后一定是你的 |
[29:32] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[29:37] | Yeah! | 好球 |
[29:41] | Here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[29:43] | Everything can be recontextualized. | 所有事都可以重新语境化 |
[29:46] | They take my movies that I directed, | 他们翻出我拍的电影 |
[29:48] | and they pervert them to fit a convenient narrative. | 强行曲解 好说通他们那套省事的说辞 |
[29:52] | Hugging and Loving, right? | “拥抱与爱” 对吧 |
[29:54] | That’s a veiled portrait | 苍天啊 那是 |
[29:55] | of my grandmother’s assimilation story, for God’s sake. | 对我奶奶的同化故事的含蓄描写 |
[29:58] | That is a terrific film. That’s my mom’s favorite film. | 那电影很棒 是我妈最爱的电影 |
[30:00] | So, now, it’s about what I apparently did to all my leading ladies. | 现在这倒成为我对所有女主犯下的罪行了 |
[30:06] | Well, when did hugging become a sin? | 拥抱什么时候成罪了 |
[30:08] | Fuck it. I love to hug. | 去他妈的 我喜欢拥抱 |
[30:09] | Huggings are nice. | 拥抱多好啊 |
[30:11] | Yeah. Jeez. That is crazy. | 是啊 天啊 太疯狂了 |
[30:14] | No, no, no. Crazy is how they loved the title Jessica Over Easy | 不 疯狂的是他们以前那么喜欢”半熟杰西卡”这个片名 |
[30:19] | and then, of course, now they just rip me to shreds over it. | 现在 当然了 这成了他们指责我的由头 |
[30:22] | God damn it. You know what? They just twist everything. | 妈的 知道吗 他们这是在歪曲一切 |
[30:26] | I don’t even understand what their message is they’re sending out. | 我都不明白他们想传达什么信息 |
[30:29] | That women are not allowed to be in possession of their sexual choices? | 女性不能拥有性选择的权利吗 |
[30:32] | When they fixate on us, they lose sight of the issues. | 他们把矛头对向我们的时候 就忽视了问题 |
[30:35] | I actually feel bad for the kids. | 我觉得这些孩子太可怜了 |
[30:36] | ‘Cause there’s nothing sexy about consent. | 因为经过同意的性行为毫无情调可言 |
[30:40] | Well… | 这个… |
[30:41] | That came out wrong, and that was creepy. | 是我说错话了 这么说太猥琐了 |
[30:46] | I guess what I’m saying is… | 我想说的是… |
[30:48] | humanity happens in the unspoken moments, | 人性是在心照不宣的时刻表露出来的 |
[30:51] | and I just feel badly for a generation that loses that. | 我很遗憾这一代人失去了这样的机会 |
[30:56] | That’s really well said. | 这话说得真好 |
[31:00] | Fuck it. | 去他妈的 |
[31:01] | Fuck it. | 去他妈的 |
[31:03] | We’re not in prison. | 我们没进监狱 |
[31:05] | Prison of public opinion. | 公众舆论的监狱 |
[31:07] | That’s exactly what I wanna talk about. | 我要说的正是这个 |
[31:10] | The discussion, this whole Me Too thing, | 这系列讨论 整个”我也是”运动 |
[31:14] | it is so fucking puritanical and myopic. | 太他妈像清教徒运动了 而且缺乏远见 |
[31:17] | No one is addressing it. | 没人提出来过 |
[31:18] | A woman can say one thing about you. | 一个女人 随便说你点什么 |
[31:22] | It doesn’t matter what her motivation is. | 无论她的动机为何 |
[31:24] | And everything you’ve done in your life… gone. | 你毕生做过的一切… 都没了 |
[31:27] | Your career erased. | 你的事业全完了 |
[31:29] | You deserve better, buddy. | 你值得更好的 兄弟 |
[31:32] | You deserve better. | 你值得更好的 |
[31:35] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[31:38] | We do a documentary. You direct it. I do the interviews. | 我们拍个纪录片 你来执导 我来采访 |
[31:41] | We make them look at it. We make them look at us. | 我们让他们看看 让他们看看我们 |
[31:44] | We ask to be a part of the conversation. | 我们要参与到谈话中 |
[31:47] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[31:49] | we did something wrong, okay. | 我们做错事了 可以 |
[31:51] | What? | 但是什么 |
[31:53] | If that’s the way you feel, fine, | 如果你是这么觉得的 没问题 |
[31:54] | but explain it to me, ’cause I don’t fucking get it. | 但请跟我解释一下 因为我他妈不明白 |
[31:57] | A conversation with the victims. | 和受害者的谈话 |
[31:58] | Yes. And I think we can do it in a really smart way. | 是的 我们可以用一种巧妙的方式进行 |
[32:01] | I don’t think we refer to them as victims. | 我们不该称她们为受害者 |
[32:03] | I think… | 我觉得… |
[32:05] | that’s a concess… I don’t think it’s something we want to concede. | 这是种让步… 我们并不是要做出让步 |
[32:08] | No, no, we do call them victims, | 不不 我们叫她们受害者 |
[32:10] | and then we prove why they’re not. | 然后我们来证明 她们为何不是受害者 |
[32:12] | I’m not sure that we should use gotcha | 我们还是别用这种揭人疮疤的报道方式 |
[32:14] | journalism with the women who accused us. | 来对待指责我们的女性了吧 |
[32:16] | Oh, fuck that! Jesus. They did it with us. | 管他的 天啊 她们就是这么对我们的 |
[32:19] | “Gotcha! | “逮住你了 |
[32:21] | I’ll fuck you for the role, and then I’ll win an Oscar.” | 我要为了角色跟你上床 然后我就能拿奥斯卡奖了” |
[32:23] | And then, “Oh, now I’m 50 and irrelevant, | 然后 “现在我50岁了 怎样都无所谓了 |
[32:26] | so I’ll scream ‘rape’ and then I’ll force a settlement.” | 所以我要去告你’强奸’ 让你赔偿和解” |
[32:29] | You know, as if that lazy lay deserves a cent. | 说的好像那次不得劲的上床值几个钱一样 |
[32:32] | No, no, you’re wrong. | 不 不 你错了 |
[32:36] | Is that real? | 这是真的吗 |
[32:37] | “Gotcha! | “傻了吧 |
[32:38] | I said I was 20. Oh, I was only 15.” | 我说我20岁 其实我才15″ |
[32:41] | Bullshit. “Then why do you look like a tired old bag?” | 胡说八道 “那你怎么看着那么老” |
[32:44] | And yeah, I’d love… I’d kill to see her birth certificate. | 没错 我很想… 特别想看看她的出生证明 |
[32:52] | How come I never heard about that one? | 我怎么从没听说过这事 |
[32:54] | ‘Cause she’s going the legal route. | 因为她选择走法律途径 |
[32:56] | Big fucking chance. | 太他妈险了 |
[32:58] | Statute of limitations, babe. | 这是有诉讼时效的 |
[33:00] | You know, sometimes you gotta say, “God bless America.” | 有时你真的得说 “天佑美国” |
[33:04] | Finally protected. | 终于轮到我受法律保护了 |
[33:07] | Yeah, well, | 是啊 |
[33:10] | maybe we should just interview the men, | 我们还是只采访男性吧 |
[33:13] | because it might be naive to think that | 因为觉得女性 |
[33:15] | the women would want to participate. | 愿意参与进来 可能太天真了 |
[33:18] | Do you think we could get Cosby? | 我们可以请来考斯比吗[著名喜剧演员 被控告性侵] |
[33:20] | No, let’s… No. | 不 我们… 不 |
[33:23] | No. I think another smart idea would be | 不 我还有个好主意 |
[33:28] | to talk about the specificity of the Me Too movements. | 就是去谈论”我也是”运动的独特性 |
[33:32] | There was the first wave of guys who were accused, | 运动中有第一波被起诉的男性 |
[33:39] | and then there was a second wave, | 之后又有了第二波 |
[33:41] | and we could talk about the nuance between the two. | 我们可以去谈论这两批之间的细微差别 |
[33:45] | I don’t think I follow. | 我不大明白 |
[33:46] | Well, the first wave was… really bad. | 第一批人… 真的很恶劣 |
[33:52] | And then the guys accused in the second wave was just different, | 而第二批被起诉的人则不同 |
[33:55] | and I don’t think we should be scared to talk about it. | 我们应该勇敢谈论其中的区别 |
[34:04] | Spell it out for me, won’t you, Mitch? | 具体说来听听 米奇 |
[34:15] | Well, you are actually a predator. | 你的确是性侵犯者 |
[34:19] | And people are gonna want you to own that. | 人们想让你承认这点 |
[34:32] | As opposed to… | 那是相对于… |
[34:36] | What are you exactly, Mitch? | 你究竟是什么情况 米奇 |
[34:43] | Not you. | 不是你这样的情况 |
[34:47] | The organization has now raised over $80,000 | 组织现在筹集到了8万多美元 |
[34:50] | to help end sexual assault on college campuses. | 来杜绝大学校园里的性侵犯 |
[34:52] | Pace it down. You have time. | 放慢速度 时间够 |
[34:54] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:55] | And educate students on consent. | 并对学生进行知情同意教育 |
[34:57] | Really inspiring to see these young women | 看到年轻女性团结一心 |
[34:59] | working together to effect change, isn’t it, Alex? | 做出有效改变 真是令人振奋 对吧 艾利克斯 |
[35:01] | Fast learner, our Bradley. | 布莱德利学得很快 |
[35:04] | Well, it’s Saturday night, and she has the stage to herself. | 现在才周六晚上 她独自试播 |
[35:06] | Let’s not do the hora just yet. | 别高兴得太早了 |
[35:08] | Coming up after the break, we have one of my personal favorites, | 休息过后 我们将请出我的最爱之一 |
[35:11] | The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. | 来自”先锋女性”的瑞·德拉蒙德 |
[35:13] | Alex, growing up on the farm, my mama made | 艾利克斯 我妈妈在农场长大 |
[35:16] | the best grits in all of West Virginia. | 她做的粗玉米粉是西弗吉尼亚最好吃的 |
[35:18] | Let’s see how Ree compares. | 我们来瞧瞧瑞的厨艺 |
[35:19] | Seriously, you guys? This is garbage. | 你们认真的吗 这简直是垃圾 |
[35:21] | I don’t call my mother “Mama,” and she’s also a terrible cook. | 我不会管我母亲叫”妈妈” 而且她的厨艺很糟糕 |
[35:26] | I hear you, Bradley. | 我听到了 布莱德利 |
[35:27] | Do you? | 是吗 |
[35:29] | Yeah. We’re taking notes. We’re making changes. | 对 我们在做笔记 会修改的 |
[35:31] | How about I do it for you? | 不如我来帮你吧 |
[35:33] | Please welcome The Pioneer Woman, | 让我们欢迎”先锋女性” |
[35:34] | who somehow manages to idealize an era | 她成功将一个时代理想化 |
[35:37] | when women birthed babies in covered wagons | 那时候 妇女在篷车里分娩 |
[35:40] | and died from cholera before they even had a chance to nurse ’em. | 尚未让孩子喝上一口奶就死于霍乱 |
[35:44] | Something like that? | 这样如何啊 |
[35:48] | Yo, Jackson. God here. Let’s fix that wardrobe. | 杰克森 上帝来了 我们去换掉你的衣服吧 |
[35:52] | Whoever’s picking these outfits should be fired. | 替你选这一身的人该被炒掉 |
[35:56] | Alex picked ’em. | 艾利克斯选的 |
[36:05] | All right, next up, | 好了 接下来 |
[36:07] | Lizzy has her mock trial semifinal on May 3. | 丽兹5月3日要参加模拟审判半决赛 |
[36:12] | Yeah, it’s an all-day thing. I’ll cover it. | 要一整天 我去吧 |
[36:14] | No. I wanna go to that. | 不 我想去 |
[36:16] | Yeah, it’s at Wolcott’s. | 比赛在沃尔科特 |
[36:17] | I refuse to have boarding school mean | 我拒绝寄宿学校就意味着 |
[36:19] | that I don’t get to see my fucking kid. | 我看不到自己的孩子 |
[36:23] | I’m gonna get more wine. Would you like some? | 我还要再喝点红酒 你要吗 |
[36:25] | Uh, sure. Why don’t you switch to white? | 好啊 你为什么不换着喝白葡萄酒 |
[36:27] | Isn’t that stuff giving you headaches? | 你不是喝红的会头痛吗 |
[36:28] | If I don’t take an Advil, okay, Jason? | 如果我不吃艾德维尔的话[止痛药] 好吗 杰森 |
[36:30] | – Jesus. – Okay. Jesus Christ. | -天啊 -好吧 老天爷啊 |
[36:32] | God. | 天啊 |
[36:33] | – Al, Al, Al. – What? | -小艾 小艾 -干嘛 |
[36:35] | Oh, God. What is going on? | 天啊 怎么回事 |
[36:37] | I just think it’s weird that we still have to | 我只是觉得我们还要制定 |
[36:38] | make a fake family calendar. That’s all. | 虚假的家庭日程表很奇怪 就这样 |
[36:40] | We’ve always done it. | 我们一直都要做啊 |
[36:42] | No, but now it just is… feels like a game. | 不 但现在… 感觉就像一场游戏 |
[36:47] | Lizzy’s stuff is real, | 丽兹的确有事 |
[36:48] | but coordinating my events and you having | 但是配合到我的活动 |
[36:51] | to pretend. Come on. It feels weird. | 你还要假装 得了吧 感觉很奇怪 |
[36:53] | Yes, obviously. It’s fucking bizarre. | 对 显而易见 的确令人匪夷所思 |
[36:56] | But, you know, we’ll figure it out. | 但是我们会想到办法的 |
[36:58] | Lizzy’s at boarding school now. She’ll be at college in a minute. | 丽兹去了寄宿学校 她很快就会去上大学 |
[37:01] | Yes, I know. I know. And I’m thrilled for her. | 对 这我都知道 我为她感到高兴 |
[37:03] | We raised a beautiful, independent kid, | 我们把这孩子培养得美丽又独立 |
[37:06] | but would it kill her to need us a little bit more? | 但让她多需要我们一点 会要了她的命吗 |
[37:09] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[37:11] | Is that really what’s bothering you? | 你真的在为这个烦恼吗 |
[37:17] | Come on. | 出来 |
[37:22] | Page Six thinks I’m crazy. | “第六版”认为我疯了 |
[37:25] | Page Six thought you were pregnant ten times last year. Who cares? | “第六版”去年还以为你怀孕了十次 谁在乎啊 |
[37:29] | Well, I very well might be. | 我可能真的是 |
[37:31] | – Excuse me? – Crazy, not pregnant. | -什么 -疯了 不是怀孕 |
[37:33] | Crazy. I’m… This article came up the other day. | 疯了 我… 前几天有篇文章 |
[37:37] | I googled “Alex and Bradley” ’cause… I’m fucking human and curious, | 我搜索了”艾利克斯和布莱德利” 因为… 我是个好奇的凡人 |
[37:42] | and this article popped up | 这篇文章跳了出来 |
[37:44] | that said I was “wandering the halls of TMS in the middle of the night.” | 写道 “我大半夜在’晨间秀’演播厅里晃悠” |
[37:49] | Were you? | 你有吗 |
[37:51] | Yes. | 有 |
[37:52] | But that means that my coworkers are leaking stories about me. | 但这意味着我的同事在泄露我的消息 |
[37:58] | Mitch is going down, | 米奇凉了 |
[37:59] | and somehow stories about me being crazy are popping up. | 不知怎的就传出我疯了的流言 |
[38:03] | How the fuck does that track? | 到底怎么回事 |
[38:05] | – All right, it’s a big change. – Yes. | -好了 这是一个巨大的改变 -对 |
[38:07] | You’re allowed to feel it. | 你可以去感受它 |
[38:09] | I know, but I’m the one who made this big, stupid | 不过是我做了这个愚蠢的决定 |
[38:11] | Bradley-Jackson, whoever-the-fuck-that-is move. | 选了布拉德利· 杰克森这个无名小卒 |
[38:15] | I mean, it is crazy. It’s absolutely crazy. | 这很疯狂 这太疯狂了 |
[38:18] | But at first it felt like “I’m in control. This is a power move.” | 但一开始这感觉就像 “我在主导 这是强有力的一步” |
[38:21] | But I just… This stupid shitshow, I’m just… I’m exhausted. | 但我就… 这个破节目 我只是… 累了 |
[38:25] | I’m just so exhausted. | 筋疲力竭 |
[38:29] | Would it really be so bad if it all went away? | 如果放弃一切 真就那么糟糕吗 |
[38:32] | What? | 什么 |
[38:33] | Oh, come on. A part of you is trying to blow it all up. Admit it. | 得了吧 你其实有点想搞砸这件事 承认吧 |
[38:37] | Now, come on. I know you. | 别不承认了 我了解你 |
[38:40] | I get it. | 我明白的 |
[38:41] | But you’ve had this unbelievable run, Alex. | 但是你有这段不可思议的经历 艾利克斯 |
[38:46] | You’ve earned your freedom. | 你为自己赢得了自由 |
[38:48] | You’ve earned your family their freedom. | 为你的家人赢得了自由 |
[38:52] | So, I don’t know, maybe this is the moment you get to choose to stop. | 所以我也说不准 或许你该选择就此止步 |
[38:58] | We’ll be fine. | 我们会没事的 |
[39:01] | Wait. Are you saying that if I quit, we would be… | 等等 你是说如果我辞职 我们会… |
[39:04] | Fuck, no, no, I’m… No, I was not making this about me. Sorry. | 操 不是的 我… 不 我不是在说我们的事 抱歉 |
[39:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:12] | Thank you for that. | 谢谢你说这些 |
[39:14] | – Thank you. – Sure. | -谢谢你 -没事 |
[39:35] | Am I supposed to be impressed you can open Barneys? | 你能让巴尼百货为你开门 我该说你厉害吗 |
[39:38] | You’re supposed to be impressed that I’ve got $30,000 | 你应该觉得厉害的是 我有三万块 |
[39:41] | for you to spend on whatever you want. | 让你随便花 |
[39:50] | Do you have a favorite silhouette? | 你有最喜欢的版型吗 |
[39:52] | Pants. | 裤子 |
[39:55] | Pencil, cigarette, flared, high-waisted, gaucho, drop-crotch… | 铅笔裤 烟管裤 喇叭裤 高腰裤 牧人裤 吊裆裤… |
[40:00] | You know what? Just bring us a variety. We trust you. | 这样吧 把各种款式都拿过来 我们相信你 |
[40:03] | And throw in some dresses too, please. | 请再拿些裙子 |
[40:05] | I get you’re not a typical woman, | 我知道你不是一个典型的女性 |
[40:06] | but try to see the joy in a wardrobe upgrade. | 但试着去体会一下衣橱升级的乐趣吧 |
[40:09] | What is a typical woman? | 什么是一个典型的女性 |
[40:12] | You know, not everything is a challenge. | 并非所有事情都是挑战 |
[40:16] | Mm, people usually say that when they don’t wanna be challenged. | 当人们不想接受挑战时 他们常这么说 |
[40:19] | You’re fun. | 你很有意思 |
[40:21] | I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[40:22] | And I don’t feel like pretending Pretty Woman is my favorite movie. | 我不想假装”风月俏佳人”是我最喜欢的电影 |
[40:27] | What is your favorite movie? | 你最喜欢哪部电影 |
[40:29] | What do you want my favorite movie to be? | 你想要我最喜欢哪部电影呢 |
[40:31] | I’m beginning to sense that you’re very frustrated. | 我开始感觉到你极其受挫了 |
[40:34] | Look, I don’t wanna sound ungrateful. | 听着 我不想听起来不知好歹 |
[40:36] | New clothes are fun. They’re… | 新衣服很有意思 它们… |
[40:38] | You know what’s even more fun? | 你知道什么更有意思吗 |
[40:40] | Having your image workshopped by a focus group. | 由一个焦点小组来制定你的形象 |
[40:43] | I can’t wait to hear how I’m gonna alienate Americans. | 我真期待听到自己会如何与大众格格不入 |
[40:46] | I’ve been contending with the misogynistic world of journalism for 15 years. | 15年来 我一直与仇视女性的新闻界作斗争 |
[40:50] | I’ve only been told about a thousand different ways | 人们用一千种方式来告知我 |
[40:52] | I’m too liberal, too conservative, too in-between. | 我太自由主义 太保守 太墙头草 |
[40:55] | “You’ve too much chin. You’re not smiling enough. | “你的下巴太大 你笑得不够动人 |
[40:58] | You’re too brunette. Do you wanna go blonde? | 你肤色太深 你想染金发吗 |
[41:00] | Where are your boobs? | 你的胸呢 |
[41:01] | Quick, put your boobs out. Wait, put your boobs away. | 快露一点 等等 别露那么多 |
[41:04] | You’re attracting men. You’re scaring women. | 你在勾引男人 你吓到女人了 |
[41:06] | Try not to be so confrontational. Men don’t wanna fuck you. | 别老跟人对着干 男人不想睡你 |
[41:09] | Don’t be so angry. Women feel criticized.” | 不要这么愤怒 女人觉得遭到了批判” |
[41:11] | But here, no, no, | 但在这里 不行 |
[41:12] | here I’m gonna transform into the aspirational, inoffensive dream girl. | 我将变成那个志向远大 人畜无害的梦中女孩 |
[41:17] | Here I’m gonna become the Mother Teresa of the morning news. | 我将在这里化身早间新闻的特蕾莎修女 |
[41:20] | Though I’m pretty sure that Mother Teresa | 尽管我很确信 特蕾莎修女 |
[41:21] | had too many fucking wrinkles for HD. | 在高清镜头下会显得皱巴巴的 |
[41:23] | All right, are we doing this? Let’s go. | 要试衣服吗 来吧 |
[41:29] | I’m trying on a lot of clothes for someone without a signed contract. | 我连合同都没签 就在为某人试好多衣服 |
[41:33] | It’ll be ready tomorrow. You need a better agent. | 合同明天就拟好了 你需要一个更好的经纪人 |
[41:35] | My agent is fine. | 我的经纪人挺好的 |
[41:37] | He’s an idiot if he closes at $700,000. | 如果70万美元就谈拢了 那他就是个傻子 |
[41:43] | I thought you were trying to get me on the cheap. | 我还以为你会给很低的薪资 |
[41:46] | I don’t mind paying someone what I think they’re worth. | 物有所值 我就不介意出高价 |
[41:52] | You’re single, right? | 你是单身 对吧 |
[41:55] | Single. | 单身 |
[41:56] | What’s that got to do with my contract? | 这跟我的合同有什么关系 |
[41:59] | So, you are? That’s great. | 所以你是单身 那就好 |
[42:03] | Good. Keep it that way. | 很好 继续保持 |
[42:04] | American women, they’re getting married later, often not at all. | 美国女性结婚晚 通常不结婚 |
[42:07] | Eggs frozen to be used another day, if at all. | 把卵子冻起来以备日后使用 |
[42:10] | Men to be fucked but not needed for fulfillment. | 有性生活 但不需要对方履行义务 |
[42:12] | That’s exciting, that’s reality, and that is not on morning television. | 令人兴奋 这就是现实 不是早间节目里的故事 |
[42:18] | Okay. What do you think of this? | 好了 这身怎么样 |
[42:20] | Oh, yeah. Right. | 很不错 |
[42:23] | Very Pantsuit Nation. | 非常有”裤装国度”的气质 |
[42:26] | Fuck off. | 滚蛋 |
[42:28] | No, I love it. | 不 我很喜欢 |
[42:30] | I’m serious. It just, it… It reminds me of my mom. | 真的 只是… 让我想起了我的妈妈 |
[42:35] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[42:36] | My mom is awesome, | 我妈很厉害 |
[42:37] | and she is gonna love you. | 她会很喜欢你的 |
[42:40] | Martha has never seen herself reflected on The Morning Show. | 玛莎从未在”晨间秀”上看到过自己的形象 |
[42:46] | Is this the mom you took care of after Daddy left? | 就是你在父亲离去后照顾的妈妈吧 |
[42:48] | Oh, I see. You think of her as, like, a sad, weak, abandoned woman? | 我听明白了 你以为她是个哀戚软弱的弃妇吗 |
[42:54] | Hey, I didn’t say that. | 喂 我可没这么说 |
[42:56] | I took care of my mom, in the | 我照顾我妈 |
[42:57] | cooking her dinner and giving her hugs sense. | 到无微不至的地步 |
[43:00] | Telling her to put her work away and go to bed. | 让她放下工作去睡觉 |
[43:02] | And I was, you know, a terrific 12-year-old mom to my mom. | 你知道吗 对我妈来说 我就是个12岁的好妈妈 |
[43:07] | What does she do? | 她是做什么的 |
[43:08] | Uh, retired now. | 现在退休了 |
[43:10] | She was a campaign organizer for progressive women who usually lost. | 她曾是频频失败的进步妇女活动组织者 |
[43:14] | Martha loved an easy sell. | 玛莎喜欢简单的推销 |
[43:16] | Like mother, like son. | 有其母必有其子 |
[43:19] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[43:20] | Peddling out to America a 40-year-old, single, childless woman | 向全美观众兜售一个单身无子的40岁女人 |
[43:23] | who’s a political independent? | 还是个政治独立派 |
[43:24] | I don’t think you’re a tough sell. | 我不认为你很难推销 |
[43:27] | We already have the housewives watching TMS. | “晨间秀”已经有家庭妇女受众了 |
[43:31] | If we want to win the ratings war, we need the women who aren’t watching, | 如果我们想打赢收视战 我们就需要那些不看节目的女人 |
[43:35] | the ones that don’t see themselves reflected in Ice Queen Alex. | 她们不曾在冰雪女王艾利克斯身上看到自己的影子 |
[43:39] | So… be messy. | 所以… 添点料 |
[43:42] | Let’s do segments on the ways that you haven’t “lived up.” | 让我们来做你尚未”活出精彩”的部分 |
[43:46] | Be the narrative real women are living. | 去讲述当下女人们的真实故事 |
[45:00] | There is no way that Ashley is only one fucking segment. | 不能只给阿什莉一节内容的时间 |
[45:03] | That’s plenty of time for a good interview. | 那段时间足够做好一次访谈了 |
[45:06] | It is completely disrespectful to the seriousness of the subject. | 这完全是不尊重这个主题的严谨性 |
[45:10] | I get it. But Ashley is not good. | 我明白 但是阿什莉这个话题不好 |
[45:14] | Oh, my Go… Okay, hold on a second. | 我的天… 好吧 等一下 |
[45:15] | Did you seriously just call her “not a good victim”? | 你刚才说她”不是一个好的受害者”吗 |
[45:18] | Look, I read the transcript. | 我看了文稿 |
[45:20] | She’s superficial, she’s inconsistent in her recounting of the story… | 她很肤浅 她的叙事前后矛盾… |
[45:22] | She’s completely preoccupied by Mitch, how he might feel about it. | 她心里装着米奇 她特别在乎他的感受 |
[45:25] | Okay, so did you bring her in for backup? | 所以你把她拉来做后援吗 |
[45:27] | – Is that what Mia’s doing here? – I am nobody’s backup. | -米娅是来当后援的吗 -我不是任何人的后援 |
[45:29] | I read the transcript from your pre-interview. | 我看了你访谈前准备的文稿 |
[45:30] | – I came to my own conclusions. – Why are you reading my transcripts? | -我自己得出的结论 -你干嘛看我的稿子 |
[45:34] | Mia’s in charge of our Me Too coverage. She gets what works. | 米娅负责”我也是”活动的新闻报道 她有经验 |
[45:37] | This is not about Me Too, Chip. | 这跟”我也是”无关 奇普 |
[45:39] | This is about us. This is about our show, | 这关乎我们 关乎我们的节目 |
[45:41] | how we will be judged by the public. | 关乎大众如何看待我们 |
[45:43] | And if you cut that down, | 如果你们削减时间 |
[45:44] | it’s gonna look like a dodge. It just fucking is. | 看起来就像一种遮掩 就是这样 |
[45:46] | So get this into your little fucking brains, okay? | 所以把这一点考虑进去 好吗 |
[45:49] | I’m doing the interview my way, and if you have a problem with it, | 我要按照我的方式做访谈 如果你对此有异议 |
[45:51] | and if you have a problem with it, then fucking quit. | 如果你对此有异议 就辞职走人吧 |
[46:00] | Just let her deal with it. Fuck it. Fuck it. | 随她去吧 操他妈的 |
[46:12] | I’ll be on stage in a minute! | 我马上上台 |
[46:21] | You shouldn’t do the interview with Ashley. | 你不该去做阿什莉的访谈 |
[46:26] | Why wouldn’t I? | 为什么呢 |
[46:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[46:31] | Seems like you wanna create this | 你似乎想演绎一出 |
[46:32] | narrative about how you’re taking control, | 你如何掌控全局 |
[46:35] | how you’ve been powerless, but, um… | 如何无权无势的故事 但是… |
[46:39] | that’s pretty convenient. | 这挺方便的 |
[46:42] | What’s convenient about it? | 这有什么方便的 |
[46:44] | You’ve always had power, | 你永远都大权在握 |
[46:45] | and you know exactly what it looks like when a woman doesn’t. | 你明白一个手中无权的女人是什么模样 |
[46:51] | Mia, I don’t think we’ve ever known each other that well. | 米娅 我认为我们并没有那么了解对方 |
[46:57] | Maybe not, | 也许不是 |
[46:59] | but it hasn’t stopped you from making assumptions about me. | 但是这并没有阻止你对我做出假设 |
[47:02] | Yeah. I’ve made assumptions about you and Mitch. | 没错 我对你和米奇的关系做出了假设 |
[47:06] | I did not approve of that relationship. | 我不支持那段关系 |
[47:08] | Not one bit. | 一点都不 |
[47:11] | Completely inappropriate. | 完全不合适 |
[47:13] | And I think the world is making that pretty clear right now. | 这个世界正在说明这一点 |
[47:16] | But what I don’t understand is why is this my fault? | 但我想不通的是 这怎么成了我的错 |
[47:18] | It’s not. | 并不是 |
[47:19] | But you’re not impartial on this subject. | 但在这件事上你有失偏颇 |
[47:21] | You knew what Mitch was doing. | 你知道米奇在干什么 |
[47:22] | And you’re impartial? | 那你就绝对客观吗 |
[47:25] | You’re producing the person who’ll be doing the interview. | 你是即将负责采访的主播的制作人 |
[47:27] | That’s pretty fuckin’ transparent | 我倒觉得 |
[47:28] | – if you ask me. – This isn’t about that. | -这他妈太透明了 -跟那个没关系 |
[47:29] | Well, then what is it about, Mia? ‘Cause I’m getting really confused. | 那跟什么有关 米娅 因为我真的糊涂了 |
[47:32] | I don’t ever remember you confiding in me about Mitch, | 你从未向我倾诉过有关米奇的事 |
[47:35] | asking me for help. | 也没向我求助 |
[47:37] | I remember you being pretty capable of taking good care of yourself. | 我记得你很会照顾自己 |
[47:46] | You know what? Do whatever you wanna do with Ashley, | 行吧 阿什莉的访谈随你怎么做吧 |
[47:47] | but I’m telling you, she’s enamored of you. | 但是我告诉你 她喜欢你 |
[47:50] | You’ll never get to something honest. | 你永远听不到实话 |
[47:54] | And then you’re gonna get crucified for it. | 然后你就要为此付出惨重的代价 |
[48:11] | God. | 天啊 |
[48:16] | So, one big happy family. | 一个幸福的大家庭 |
[48:18] | Yeah. With an absent mother. | 对 不过一位母亲没来 |
[48:20] | I, honestly, was shocked that she agreed to a run-through. | 老实说 她答应来排练我还挺震惊的 |
[48:22] | Not exactly a team player? | 她没什么团队精神吗 |
[48:25] | Alex requires a fair amount of personal space. | 艾利克斯需要相当多的个人空间 |
[48:27] | It’s just who she is. | 她就是这样一个人 |
[48:29] | Okay, so, Alex is in a meeting. | 那 艾利克斯在开会 |
[48:31] | We’re gonna mark some transitions without her. | 我们就在她缺席的情况下标记一些过渡 |
[48:34] | Daniel, do you mind playing Alex for a bit? | 丹尼尔 介意充当一下艾利克斯吗 |
[48:40] | – Don’t mind at all. – Okay. | -完全不介意 -好的 |
[48:46] | This way. | 这边 |
[48:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[48:50] | Speaking of family, | 说到家庭 |
[48:51] | we know how hard it is to make your kid’s lunch quick and healthy, | 我们知道为孩子准备吃得又快又健康的午餐有多难 |
[48:54] | but luckily, multitasking mom Margaret M… | 但幸运的是 擅长一心多用的妈妈玛格丽特·马… |
[48:57] | Multitasking mom Margaret Mapel… | 擅长一心多用的妈妈玛格丽特·马佩尔… |
[49:00] | Okay. Can we run that back? That’s a lot of alliteration. | 能倒回去吗 “M”太多太拗口了 |
[49:04] | – I’m not looking for sympathy. – I’m not offering any. | -我不需要同情 -我又没同情你 |
[49:07] | All right. Going again, let’s take it from the top. | 好了 再来一次 从头开始 |
[49:10] | Here we go. Starting with Bradley’s line. | 准备 从布莱德利那行开始 |
[49:12] | Everyone quiet, please. | 请大家安静 |
[49:14] | Hey, you’re doing great. Just take a deep breath. | 你做得很好 深呼吸一下 |
[49:15] | Mia, thanks for showing up. | 米娅 感谢你能来 |
[49:17] | Sorry. Dealing with some changes. | 抱歉 去处理了一些变动 |
[49:20] | You are doing the interview with Ashley. | 你来负责阿什莉的访谈 |
[49:23] | We’ve pushed it to the end of the week so we can prepare. | 我们把访谈推迟到了本周末 留足准备时间 |
[49:25] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[49:28] | Yeah. Alex just told me on her way out. | 嗯 艾利克斯出去的时候跟我说的 |
[49:31] | On her way out? | 出去的时候 |
[49:33] | What, she’s leaving? | 什么 她走了吗 |
[49:35] | Yeah. | 对 |
[49:36] | Wait, when is she gonna rehearse with me? On air? | 等等 那她什么时候和我排练 直播的时候吗 |
[49:40] | Bradley, this run-through is going well. Let’s just push through. | 布莱德利 这场排练进展顺利 继续吧 |
[49:43] | Oh, hell no! No, no, no. | 见鬼了 不要 不行 |
[49:45] | I’m not going on tomorrow if we don’t rehearse. | 如果我们不彩排 我明天就不上节目 |
[49:48] | Bra… Hey! Don’t let her walk out of this… | 布莱… 别让她走出… |
[49:51] | Great. | 很好 |
[49:54] | Great. | 很好 |
[49:56] | Hey! Alex! | 喂 艾利克斯 |
[50:00] | Hey! Alex. Alex. | 喂 艾利克斯 |
[50:05] | Why are you not going through the run-through? | 你为什么不去排练 |
[50:07] | We moved the Ashley interview to the end of the week, | 我们把阿什莉的访谈挪到了周末 |
[50:09] | so I gotta go home and prep a new story. | 所以我要回家准备一个新的故事 |
[50:11] | Why are you giving me the interview? | 你为什么要我来做访谈 |
[50:14] | Because it’s better for the show. | 因为这对节目更有益 |
[50:15] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你为什么要这么对我 |
[50:17] | Doing what? Handing you an amazing opportunity? | 我做了什么 给了你一个好机会吗 |
[50:20] | No. You’re making no sense. | 不 你完全没道理 |
[50:21] | Y-Y-You’re not being present. | 你不在场 |
[50:23] | What the fuck? | 搞什么鬼 |
[50:24] | I don’t have all the answers. | 我回答不了你所有的问题 |
[50:26] | And why does this have to be about you? | 为什么非要扯到你身上呢 |
[50:28] | ‘Cause I’m a woman who has a life. You realize that? | 因为我是个女人 有我自己的人生 你明白吗 |
[50:31] | I have people I’m responsible for, | 有人需要我去照顾 |
[50:33] | and I have career aspirations that don’t involve being your sidekick. | 我也有职业抱负 不包括做你的助手 |
[50:36] | You are not my sidekick. You’re my cohost. | 你不是我的助手 你是我的主持搭档 |
[50:40] | Well, you have barely acknowledged me all weekend. | 你整个周末都没和我打过招呼 |
[50:46] | I… I didn’t know that you needed me to hold your hand. | 我… 我不知道你需要我来牵你的手 |
[50:50] | I need a partner. | 我需要一个搭档 |
[50:52] | Sometimes partners hold hands. | 有时候搭档是手拉手的 |
[50:59] | Oh, Jesus. | 天啊 |
[51:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[51:02] | Uh, Bradley… | 布莱德利… |
[51:06] | I don’t have a fucking clue what I’m doing. | 我他妈也不知道我在干什么 |
[51:11] | – You don’t? – Nope. Not a clue. | -你不知道吗 -对 完全不知道 |
[51:14] | Running on instinct. | 全凭直觉 |
[51:16] | But I know that I need a second | 但我知道我需要点时间 |
[51:18] | so I can get my shit together to go on air tomorrow. | 让自己振作起来 才好应付明天的直播 |
[51:22] | And I know I have to not be in that building with those fucking people | 而且我知道 我不能和楼里那群混蛋待在一起 |
[51:25] | who are constantly judging my choices. | 他们不停地对我的选择指手画脚 |
[51:32] | I honestly don’t know why I picked you. | 我真不明白自己为什么选了你 |
[51:35] | Okay? That’s the truth. | 好吗 这是真话 |
[51:39] | Just an impulse, and I went with it. | 只是一时冲动 我就选了你 |
[51:43] | But I do know that I think I like you. | 但是我知道 我觉得我喜欢你 |
[51:50] | Just go sign your contract. | 去签合同吧 |
[51:55] | All right. | 好 |
[51:57] | Okay. | 好 |
[52:00] | Watch your step. | 注意脚下 |
[53:27] | Don’t fuck it up. | 别搞砸了 |