时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:18] | I think the real question is one of identity. | 我觉得真正的问题在于特性 |
[02:21] | What is the identity of the Democratic Party? | 民主党的特性是什么 |
[02:24] | It’s not normally something that you get to choose, | 这一般是不可选择的 |
[02:26] | but that’s exactly what’s gonna happen here tomorrow at the Nevada caucus. | 但在明天内华达州党团会上 他们恰恰要做出选择 |
[02:30] | A lot at stake there. | 其中有很多利害关系 |
[02:32] | Thanks, Carl. Thanks, Bradley. | 谢谢卡尔 谢谢布莱德莉 |
[02:33] | Hey, Bradley. Great job moderating, by the way. | 嘿 布莱德莉 顺便说一句 你主持得很好 |
[02:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:37] | She did do a great job. | 她的确表现很好 |
[02:39] | And, Daniel, someone’s got a new job, don’t they? | 对了 丹尼尔 有人得到了一份新工作 不是吗 |
[02:44] | That’s right, Alison. | 没错 艾莉森 |
[02:45] | He’s made us laugh at nighttime on Better Late, | 他在晚间《美好夜晚》给我们带来欢笑 |
[02:47] | but when UBA+ launches March 13th, | 但是当3月13日UBA+上线时 |
[02:50] | we’ll be able to stream him at any time | 我们就可以随时看到他了 |
[02:53] | on a brand-new show called Exact Change with Peter Bullard. | 这档新的节目叫做 《彼得布拉德之变化进行时》 |
[02:57] | Look, Earl. | 听着 厄尔 |
[02:59] | I’ve held this Hannah Shoenfeld story as long as I’m gonna hold it. | 汉娜肖恩菲尔德这篇文章 我已经扣压很久了 |
[03:02] | I told you, I’ve got a better story for you. | 我跟你说过了 我有更精彩的新闻报道给你 |
[03:05] | Two major female celebrities in a secret same-sex relationship. | 两位重要的女性知名人士 正处于秘密的同性关系中 |
[03:08] | Those kinds of stories don’t have legs like they used to. | 这种新闻已经不像以前那样有吸引力了 |
[03:11] | I can assure you, this story’s gonna be a big win for you. | 我向你保证 这篇报道会让你大获成功 |
[03:15] | These are big names. | 这两个人都很有名 |
[03:16] | Since when can’t The Vault, America’s number one tabloid, | 金库网站可是美国头号八卦网站 |
[03:19] | use a story like this? | 怎么会不能用这种报道 |
[03:20] | Times haven’t changed that much. | 时代的变化没那么大 |
[03:22] | I’m going to need solid proof. Photographic evidence. | 那我需要实锤 要有照片为证 |
[03:27] | We don’t have photos. | 我们没有照片 |
[03:29] | I am not going to get a story of this magnitude wrong. | 这种量级的报道我可不能出差错 |
[03:32] | I’m not opening myself up to another lawsuit. | 我可不要再惹上另一场官司 |
[03:34] | Al, you’ll be good. | 艾尔 你不会有事的 |
[03:38] | Bottom line, Earl. Can you get me pictures or not? | 厄尔 最重要的一点就是 你能不能给我弄来照片 |
[03:44] | I can tell you where to find them. | 我能告诉你哪里能找到照片 |
[03:46] | Deal. So, who is it? | 成交 是谁 |
[03:52] | What is Exact Change with Peter Bullard? | 《彼得布拉德之变化进行时》 是什么节目 |
[03:57] | Well, I’ll be honest with you. | 说实话 |
[03:58] | I get a little tired of doing these little five-minute interviews with celebrities. | 这些简短的五分钟名人采访 让我有些厌烦了 |
[04:02] | You know, I wanted to talk to people that are making a difference in the world. | 我想和那些改变世界的人们对话 |
[04:06] | Not just, you know, making Transformers 12. | 而不是那些拍《变形金刚12》的人 |
[04:10] | So that’s what Exact Change is. | 这就是《变化进行时》 |
[04:12] | It’s long-form interviews one-on-one | 一对一的长篇访谈类节目 |
[04:15] | with people who are making a positive change. | 节目嘉宾是带来积极改变的人 |
[04:18] | You know, it’s kinda funny to hear you say that | 听你这么说挺有意思的 |
[04:21] | because you’re known for your irreverence. | 因为你向来以对人不敬著称 |
[04:24] | What a disgusting word. | 这个词真难听 |
[04:26] | No, sure I’m known as a TV stooge. | 不 人们确实认为 我是个为收视率服务的人 |
[04:29] | But even I can evolve. | 但就算是我也是会变的 |
[04:31] | You know, with all that’s gone on the last couple of years, how could I not? | 过去几年发生了那么多事 我怎么可能不变呢 |
[04:36] | Wow, wow. Peter Bullard. Evolved. | 哇…彼得布拉德 蜕变重生 |
[04:39] | I– Yeah. It makes me sick too. | 我…对 我也觉得这很恶心 |
[04:41] | ‘Cause I remember when you referred to me as “mincing” on your show. | 因为我记得你曾在节目上说我“忸怩作态” |
[04:45] | I– | 我… |
[04:47] | -You know, I don’t think I– -Do you think I’m mincing? | -我觉得我没有… -你觉得我现在忸怩作态吗 |
[04:50] | ‘Cause I don’t. | 因为我不觉得 |
[04:51] | -That’s not a word I’d use to describe me. -Daniel, don’t. | -我不会用这个词形容自己 -丹尼尔 别这样 |
[04:56] | Well, I don’t think I did. | 我觉得我没用过这个词 |
[04:58] | No, you definitely did. | 不 你绝对用过 |
[05:01] | Daniel. | 丹尼尔 |
[05:03] | Very funny. | 很有意思 |
[05:04] | Well, you have some really great guests. | 你有些非常优秀的嘉宾 |
[05:07] | -Who should we be looking for? -Yeah. | -会是谁呢 -是 |
[05:09] | Yeah, well, we have Greta Thunberg. She’s gonna be on the show. | 对 我们请到了格蕾塔桑伯格 她会上节目 |
[05:20] | Hey, welcome back. How was Las Vegas? | 嗨 欢迎回来 拉斯维加斯怎么样 |
[05:23] | Didn’t you hear? It was triumphant. | 你没听说吗 非常成功 |
[05:27] | And thanks, of course, to Mr. Curt Savage, | 当然还要感谢科特萨维奇先生 |
[05:30] | who’s done such a great job filling in for Yanko. | 他顶替杨科 工作完成得很出色 |
[05:32] | Thank you, Curt. Really great job. | 谢谢你 科特 好样的 |
[05:34] | -Thank you. Thanks, all. -We appreciate you. | -谢谢 谢谢大家 -我们感谢你 |
[05:37] | And now that we’ve all had a moment to breathe, | 现在大家都能暂时松一口气了 |
[05:39] | a proper round of applause for all of our team | 为我们的整个团队鼓掌吧 |
[05:42] | that did such great work on the debate and caucus coverage. | 他们对辩论和党团会的报道 完成得非常出色 |
[05:45] | Really, everybody. | 真的 大家真棒 |
[05:49] | But especially Miss Bradley Jackson. Give it up, everybody, ’cause… | 但尤其是布莱德莉杰克森女士 为她欢呼吧 各位 因为… |
[05:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:59] | ‘Cause she set such a high bar for herself with those last-minute heroics. | 因为她临时英勇上阵 给自己定下了极高标准 |
[06:03] | She killed it. | 她的表现十分优异 |
[06:04] | So, imagine what she’ll be able to do given three weeks to prepare | 想想看她会有怎样的表现吧 如果有三个星期时间准备 |
[06:09] | -to moderate the Phoenix debate. -What? | -主持凤凰城的辩论 -什么 |
[06:12] | -Yeah. -Speech! | -是的 -说几句 |
[06:14] | -Speech! -Yeah! | -说几句 -对 |
[06:15] | -Give it up! -Speech! Speech! | -掌声鼓励 -说几句 |
[06:17] | -Speech! Little speech! -No, I’m not giving a speech. | -说几句 -不 我就不说了 |
[06:20] | But I have to give credit where credit is due. | 但我必须把功劳归于应得的人 |
[06:23] | Chip, thank you so much for cramming with me. | 奇普 非常感谢你帮我临阵磨枪 |
[06:26] | I could not have done this without you. | 没有你 我这次肯定无法完成工作 |
[06:27] | You cram with the best of ’em | 你的紧急培训太棒了 |
[06:29] | and you’ll be cramming it for a long time to come. | 今后你还要继续做很长时间紧急培训 |
[06:32] | So, little round of applause for Chip. | 所以大家给奇普来点掌声吧 |
[06:38] | And I’m just glad to be able to fill in for Alex. | 我很高兴能顶替艾丽克丝 |
[06:40] | I hope she feels better soon. | 希望她早日康复 |
[06:42] | Hear! Hear! What’s the latest from Camp Levy? | 同意 利维团队有什么最新消息吗 |
[06:45] | Isabella? Chip? | 伊莎贝拉 奇普 |
[06:47] | Yeah. I stopped by her place last night. | 是 我昨晚顺便去了一趟她家 |
[06:49] | She’s feeling a little better. | 她感觉好些了 |
[06:51] | -Chip. Any word on when Alex will be back? -Turn it up. | -奇普 你知道艾丽克丝什么时候回来吗 -加大音量 |
[06:55] | Catch Audra Khatri’s interview with Maggie Brener… | 请收看奥德拉卡特里对麦琪布莱纳的采访 |
[06:57] | I stopped by her place last night as well. Hard to tell at the moment, but… | 我昨晚也顺便去了一趟她家 现在很难说 但是… |
[07:01] | …where they discuss her tell-all book The Wrong Side of the Bed, | 她们会讨论她的爆料著作《上床睡错边》 |
[07:03] | her exposé on The Morning Show and UBA’s history of sexual misconduct… | 书中揭露《The Morning Show》 和UBA不当性行为 |
[07:06] | Ballpark? | 你估计呢 |
[07:07] | -…cover-ups and toxic culture. -She needs her rest, you know. | -掩盖事实和有毒文化的历史 -她需要休息 |
[07:11] | Soon, I hope. | 希望会尽快吧 |
[07:12] | This Friday, on YDA. | 本周五 就在《美国日间秀》 |
[07:14] | I don’t want her to come back before she’s ready. | 我不希望她没有完全康复就回来 |
[07:16] | I mean, her health is way more important than this show. | 她的健康比这个节目更重要 |
[07:19] | No question. But we did promise the world Alex Levy, | 没问题 但我们确实公开承诺过 让艾丽克丝利维当主播 |
[07:22] | so do you have a sense of when it’ll be? | 你能大致估计一下她什么时候回来吗 |
[07:26] | Well, it would strictly be a guess. The back is unpredictable. | 我完全只能猜测 她后背损伤的情况无法预料 |
[07:31] | We don’t need a guess. What does the doctor think? | 我们不需要你去猜 医生怎么说 |
[07:35] | The doctor thinks that she’s lucky she doesn’t seem to need surgery. | 医生认为她很幸运 似乎不必动手术 |
[07:39] | But we’re gonna have to wait and see. | 但我们必须等等看 |
[07:42] | You’ve done my job, Chip. | 你做过我的工作 奇普 |
[07:44] | Do you think what you said is any help for me | 你认为你刚才的话能帮我 |
[07:45] | figuring out how to produce this fucking show? | 想出如何制作这该死的节目吗 |
[07:49] | What does Alex say? | 艾丽克丝怎么说 |
[07:51] | Alex says soon. | 艾丽克丝说很快回来 |
[07:53] | She’s doing her best, but she’s in a lot of pain, | 她在尽力而为 但她正承受着大量痛苦 |
[07:55] | so I haven’t pressed her on it. She is as upset about this as anyone is. | 所以我还没有逼她 对于这件事 她和大家一样沮丧 |
[07:59] | What’s up, Cory? | 科里 你好吗 |
[08:01] | Well, I just got off the phone with Peter Bullard. | 我刚和彼得布拉德通完电话 |
[08:04] | He was not happy with Daniel’s line of questioning. | 他对丹尼尔提的问题很不高兴 |
[08:06] | I know. He called me too. I’m dealing with it. | 我知道 他也给我打电话了 我会处理的 |
[08:09] | Well, now he called me. So, I have to make sure it’s done right. | 现在他打给我了 所以我必须确保此事办妥 |
[08:12] | It’s Peter Bullard. It’s what he does. He pokes at everything. | 彼得布拉德就是这样 他什么事都要发表评论 |
[08:14] | I mean, I think Daniel thought he was sparring with him. | 是 我觉得丹尼尔认为 自己在和他打口水战 |
[08:16] | But why? Why would he be sparring with him? | 可为什么呢 他为什么要和他打口水战 |
[08:19] | He’s promoting our streaming service and telling Peter Bullard he’s full of shit. | 他在推广我们的流媒体服务 却当面说彼得布拉德鬼话连篇 |
[08:22] | -That’s not sparring. -That’s not what Daniel said. | -这不是打口水战 -丹尼尔没说这话 |
[08:24] | That’s what Peter heard. | 彼得是这样理解的 |
[08:27] | Okay, but Peter Bullard is kinda full of shit right now, isn’t he though? | 好吧 但彼得布拉德 现在不就是鬼话连篇吗 |
[08:30] | Peter Bullard, he’s making us money. | 彼得布拉德是我们的摇钱树 |
[08:32] | He’s allowed to be full of shit. | 他可以鬼话连篇 |
[08:35] | That’s the rule. | 这就是规则 |
[08:36] | And Daniel, he pissed him off. So, how long before Alex is back? | 而丹尼尔惹到他了 那么艾丽克丝还有多久回来 |
[08:41] | Yeah, we were just about to find that out. | 是 我们正在问此事呢 |
[08:44] | And I was just saying that Alex is as upset about this as anyone. | 我正在说对于这件事 艾丽克丝和大家一样沮丧 |
[08:49] | And I can certainly tell her | 当然我可以告诉她 |
[08:52] | that you’re pushing for a return date, see how that goes. | 你们想知道她什么时候回来 看看她怎么说 |
[08:55] | Yeah, that’s fine. | 那好啊 |
[08:57] | You can tell her. | 你就这样对她说吧 |
[08:58] | She knows we just brought her back. She knows that this makes us look stupid. | 她知道我们刚把她请回来 她知道这样让我们显得很蠢 |
[09:03] | We need to find somebody big, somebody stunty | 我们必须找个名气大 光彩夺目的人 |
[09:05] | to fill in until Alex gets back. | 顶替艾丽克丝 直到她回来 |
[09:07] | Somebody even bigger than Alex, | 比艾丽克丝还大牌的人 |
[09:08] | and somebody who you’d never expect to do it forever. | 那种人们认为绝不会长期做下去的人 |
[09:11] | So, let’s think now. | 所以我们现在来想想 |
[09:13] | Well, I was gonna say Bullard, but that idea is out the window, so… | 我本来想说布拉德 但这个人选不可能了 所以… |
[09:27] | What about Laura Peterson? | 劳拉彼得森怎么样 |
[09:32] | -Yes. Let’s do that. -No. | -好 就她了 -不行 |
[09:34] | I don’t think Alex is gonna be thrilled about that. | 我觉得艾丽克丝会很不爽 |
[09:37] | I know. But she gets that, as EP, you have to make hard decisions, | 我知道 但她明白 监制必须做出艰难的决定 |
[09:40] | and think of it as a motivator, you know. Help speed her recovery. | 可以把这当成一种动力 帮她快速恢复健康 |
[09:44] | That’s smart. | 明智 |
[09:45] | Okay. Laura’s great, but I don’t see her doing this. | 好吧 劳拉很优秀 但我觉得她不会做这个 |
[09:48] | So I’ll put together a list. | 我会列一份名单 |
[09:49] | Oh, no. Let’s call, get an answer now. | 不 我们打给她 立刻得到答案 |
[09:51] | She’s a friend. It’s an easy ask. | 她是位朋友 这事好说 |
[10:03] | Oh, my God. Put it on speaker. | 天啊 用免提 |
[10:08] | -Hi, Cory. -Laura. So glad I got you. | -嗨 科里 -劳拉 打通了 我很高兴 |
[10:11] | -I’ve got a favor to ask. -I’m scared. | -我有件事要求你帮忙 -真吓人 |
[10:14] | No need to be scared. | 不必害怕 |
[10:16] | Would you fill in for Alex until her back heals? | 你能在艾丽克丝的后背康复前顶替她吗 |
[10:19] | -Yes. Yes. -Come on, Cory. | -快答应 -拜托 科里 |
[10:21] | The hours aren’t great. There’s nothing I can do about that. | 工作时间不太好 这我无能为力 |
[10:24] | But there’s no heavy lifting. You just come in. You be you on TV. | 但没什么难度 你到台里来 在电视上做自己就好 |
[10:29] | You seem to be enjoying Bradley. | 你似乎和布莱德莉相处得很愉快 |
[10:32] | I think you two’d be really good together. | 我觉得你们两个搭档一定很棒 |
[10:35] | I’ll let you hit me. | 我可以让你打我 |
[10:36] | Hard. | 狠狠地打 |
[10:38] | Anywhere but the face. | 打哪里都行 别打脸 |
[10:40] | All other options are on the table. | 所有其他条件都可以讨论 |
[10:42] | Who needs money when you get a free kick to the balls? | 能免费痛揍你 谁还需要钱啊 |
[10:46] | Priceless. | 太好了 |
[10:47] | Please. | 拜托 |
[10:49] | Sure. What the hell. | 好吧 管它呢 |
[10:51] | God. | 天啊 |
[10:52] | You are seriously the best. | 你真是最棒的 |
[10:54] | I wish I had more time to promote this. This is actually huge, huge news. | 我要是有更多时间来宣传此事就好了 这可是重磅新闻 |
[10:57] | Laura Peterson is coming back to the mornings. | 劳拉彼得森要回归早间节目了 |
[10:59] | I’m so excited. All right. I’ll have Mia reach out. Thank you. | 我太高兴了 好 我会让米娅和你联系 谢谢 |
[11:04] | See? Simple. | 看吧 多简单 |
[11:08] | -Oh, my God. I’m so excited. -Oh, my God. | -天啊 我好激动 -我的天 |
[11:10] | -Wait. Where you going? -To the studio. | -等等 你去哪 -去摄影棚 |
[11:12] | You wanted me to do the show. I’m not gonna half-ass it. | 你想让我做节目 我是不会屁股只坐一半敷衍了事 |
[11:15] | Yes. Absolutely. | 是 当然了 |
[11:16] | We definitely need your whole ass on the show. | 我们绝对需要你的整个屁股都上节目 |
[11:21] | Hey. Since we both have to wake up at the ass crack of dawn, | 嘿 既然我们都必须天不亮就起床 |
[11:24] | maybe I could just sleep over. | 也许我可以来你家睡 |
[11:25] | I could just go home and get some things. | 我可以回家拿些东西 |
[11:28] | I’d be amenable to that. | 我愿意接受这个建议 |
[11:29] | Great. | 太好了 |
[11:31] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[11:32] | Look, if you wanna leave some stuff here, I’ve got plenty of closet space. | 听着 如果你想在这里放些东西 我的衣橱空间很大 |
[11:35] | There’s no reason for you to be running back and forth. | 你没必要来回来去折腾 |
[11:39] | Okay. Yeah. I’ll just be back in a couple hours. | 好 行 我过两小时回来 |
[11:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:46] | It doesn’t seem like Alex is gonna be back by then, | 似乎艾丽克丝到时候还回不来 |
[11:48] | so it’s up to President Carter if he wants to reschedule. | 所以是否要重新安排时间 要看卡特总统的了 |
[11:51] | If you can let him know | 如果你能告诉他 |
[11:52] | that Laura Peterson is gonna be filling in for her, I– | 劳拉彼得森会顶替她 我… |
[11:56] | Yeah, we love her too. So– | 是 我们也喜欢她 所以… |
[11:59] | And I will let her know that. | 我们会告诉她的 |
[12:03] | Okay, I’m looking forward to it. | 好 我很期待 |
[12:07] | Okay. Bye. | 好 再见 |
[12:10] | Fuck. | 见鬼 |
[12:11] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[12:16] | Leave a message after the tone. | 在提示音后留言 |
[12:19] | Hey, Ken, it’s Mia. | 嗨 肯 我是米娅 |
[12:20] | So sorry we keep missing each other, but I think you know why I’ve called. | 真抱歉 我们总是错过对方的电话 但我想你知道我为什么打来 |
[12:25] | This excerpt is coming out in a couple days, | 书的节选过两天就要面世了 |
[12:27] | and I get that you don’t want it leaking, but I need to know what I’m dealing with. | 我明白你不想提前泄露 但是 我得知道要面对什么样的局面 |
[12:33] | I don’t think Maggie hung me out. But you know. Who knows? | 我觉得不是麦琪泄露的 但谁知道呢 |
[12:38] | Anyway, it’s just for me. | 总之 只是给我看的 |
[12:42] | So listen, I’m around. Thanks. | 听着 我随时都在 谢谢 |
[13:02] | -Hey. -Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[13:10] | Hal? | 哈尔 |
[13:13] | Hal. | 哈尔 |
[13:15] | -Hal, what are you doing here? -Hey. | -哈尔 你怎么来了 -嗨 |
[13:18] | -Surprising you. -Yeah, no shit. | -给你个惊喜 -是啊 还用说 |
[13:23] | You been up here a whole year. | 你来这边一整年了 |
[13:24] | You come home for one night and then fly back out? | 回家住一晚上就又飞走了 |
[13:26] | Oh, my God. Save the guilt trip for inside, please. Come on. | 天啊 想让我感觉愧疚的话 进来再说 拜托 来吧 |
[13:30] | -It’s not a guilt trip. -It is a guilt trip. | -不是想让你感觉愧疚 -就是 |
[13:31] | You’re trying to make me feel bad for having a life. | 你想让我因为拥有生活而感到难过 |
[13:34] | I missed you. I wanted to see you. | 我想你了 我想看看你 |
[13:38] | God. Can’t your little brother get a hug? | 天啊 不能给你弟弟一个拥抱吗 |
[13:42] | Yes. I missed you too. | 好 我也想你 |
[13:48] | How long are you staying? | 你住多久 |
[13:49] | ‘Cause I could get you a room of your own. | 因为我可以给你开个自己的房间 |
[13:51] | No. I came to see you. | 不用 我是来看你的 |
[13:53] | I’ll just– I’ll sleep on the couch. | 我就…我睡沙发就行 |
[13:55] | As long as Mom is not here, I’m happy. | 只要老妈不在这里我就很高兴 |
[13:58] | Is everything okay? | 一切都还好吗 |
[14:00] | Stupid question. | 真是个蠢问题 |
[14:03] | You wanna get something to eat? | 你想吃点东西吗 |
[14:05] | Your treat. I mean, unless you have plans tonight. | 你请客 除非你今晚有安排了 |
[14:10] | Nope. No plans. | 没有 没有安排 |
[14:13] | Why you making me feel guilty? You don’t even have a life. | 那你为什么要我感到愧疚 你甚至没有生活 |
[14:15] | I’m not trying to make you feel guilty. | 我没有试图让你感到愧疚 |
[14:17] | I’m looking up options of things you might like. | 我只是在查一些你可能喜欢的餐厅 |
[14:19] | Something I might like? | 我可能喜欢的 |
[14:20] | Look, I mean, come on. There’s gotta be a Cracker Barrel, | 听着 拜托 这里一定有饼干桶连锁餐厅 |
[14:23] | or a Waffle House within walking distance. | 或是华夫饼屋 走路就能到的那种 |
[14:27] | Come on. Look, put that away. Look, we’re in New York, all right? | 拜托 听着 把手机收起来 这里可是纽约 对吗 |
[14:30] | We’re gonna get wild, okay? | 我们来疯狂一下好不好 |
[14:32] | The sixth restaurant we pass, that’s where we’re gonna eat. All right? | 我们路过的第六家餐厅 我们就在那里吃 好吗 |
[14:37] | Okay. Sounds like a plan. | 好 这计划不错 |
[14:39] | Come on. Let’s get crazy. | 来吧 我们疯狂一次 |
[14:41] | Or food poisoning. | 或是食物中毒 |
[14:42] | Senator Sanders is coming off a big weekend | 桑德斯参议员本周末收获颇丰 |
[14:44] | winning the Nevada Democratic caucus decisively | 他在内华达州民主党党团会上 获得了决定性的胜利 |
[14:47] | before moving on to a big enthusiastic– | 接下来要参加狂热的… |
[14:49] | Harvey Weinstein guilty of third degree– | 哈维韦恩斯坦犯有三等… |
[14:52] | Overseas, the virus continues to spread, | 病毒在海外继续扩散 |
[14:54] | with confirmed coronavirus cases climbing into the hundreds over the– | 确诊新冠病毒病例已经多达几百 |
[14:58] | The Dow dropped more than a thousand points today. | 道指今日下跌超过一千点 |
[15:00] | Analysts are calling this the worst day they’ve seen in years | 分析师称这是他们多年来 见到的最糟糕一天 |
[15:03] | and are attributing the down– | 把暴跌原因归于… |
[15:06] | Start your day with Laura Peterson… | 让劳拉彼得森陪你开启新的一天 |
[15:23] | Oh, Chuck. | 奇普 |
[15:24] | This is sad. This is really sad. | 可悲 真可悲 |
[15:29] | No, don’t move. It is quite the tableau. | 别动 这个画面很不错 |
[15:32] | I swear the TV was just on before you came in here. | 我发誓 你进来前一秒电视还开着 |
[15:37] | Yeah, you’re not buying it. All right, turn the light on. | 是啊 你不信 好吧 把灯打开 |
[15:40] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[15:44] | Well, Laura Peterson on TMS. | 劳拉彼得森上《TMS》 |
[15:50] | Hell has frozen over, but I’m excited. | 太阳从西边出来了 但我很高兴 |
[15:53] | Will miracles never cease? | 奇迹总是不停出现 |
[15:56] | Hey, how is Alex? | 嘿 艾丽克丝怎么样了 |
[15:58] | I mean, you know, her back is giving her some problems, | 是这样 她的后背给她带来不少麻烦 |
[16:03] | but it’ll be okay. | 但是 会好起来的 |
[16:04] | I know she wasn’t doing too well the night before the debate. | 我知道她在辩论前一晚就不太舒服 |
[16:07] | I just wanted to make sure she was okay. Maggie was concerned. | 我只想确认她没事 麦琪很担心 |
[16:14] | Maggie was concerned? | 麦琪很担心 |
[16:15] | Yeah, she said Alex was in quite a state when she came to her hotel room. | 是 她说艾丽克丝 去她酒店房间时状态很不好 |
[16:20] | Yes. Well… | 是的 |
[16:23] | she was clearly not at her best that night. You know? | 她那天显然不在最佳状态 |
[16:26] | And I think what happened is her doctor gave her these pain pills, | 我觉得是这么回事 她的医生给了她一些止疼药 |
[16:30] | but then she had muscle relaxants too, so that– | 但是她又吃了肌肉松弛药 所以… |
[16:34] | Geez. Yeah. | 天啊 是的 |
[16:35] | So hopefully Alex didn’t say anything too off the wall, you know? | 希望艾丽克丝没说什么太疯狂的话 |
[16:41] | I mean, she couldn’t even remember what she said, so. | 她连自己说过什么都不记得 |
[16:44] | Did Maggie– Did she tell you what she said, or… | 麦琪有没有… 她告诉你她说什么了吗 还是… |
[16:47] | No, no. No, I don’t want you to get the wrong idea. | 没有 希望你不要误会 |
[16:50] | You know Maggie. | 你是了解麦琪的 |
[16:51] | She’s not just gonna spread someone’s private business around. | 她不会到处传播别人的私事 |
[16:55] | She was just worried. | 她只是担心 |
[16:56] | Yeah, of course. | 是啊 当然了 |
[16:58] | Unless someone paid her a huge advance | 除非有人付给她一大笔预付款 |
[16:59] | to publish someone’s private business in hardcover. | 把别人的私事印成精装书出版 |
[17:02] | Touché. Score one for Chuck. | 说得好 奇普得一分 |
[17:06] | Well, look, I do really appreciate you checking in. | 听着 我很感激你过来问候 |
[17:08] | Honestly, it means a lot. So thanks for that. | 说真的 这让我很感动 所以谢谢你 |
[17:10] | But I think she’s good. | 但我觉得她很好 |
[17:14] | I gotta make some calls. | 我要打几个电话 |
[17:15] | Yeah, I was just heading out. | 好 我本来也正要走了 |
[17:17] | I will see you in… | 我们一会儿见 |
[17:19] | oh, God, eight hours. | 天啊 只有八小时了 |
[17:21] | -That’s morning TV. -All right. | -这就是早间电视 -好吧 |
[17:23] | -Night, Chuck. -Good night. | -晚安 奇普 -晚安 |
[17:32] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[17:46] | Hey, Alex, are you there? | 嗨 艾丽克丝 你在家吗 |
[17:49] | I mean, I know you’re there, but would you please pick up? | 我知道你在家 请你接电话好吗 |
[17:54] | I have a feeling you don’t check these voice mails, | 我感觉你不听这些语音留言 |
[17:57] | but I know this thing plays out loud, so… olly olly oxen free. | 但我知道留言机会播放出声来 所以…好了出来吧 |
[18:03] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[18:04] | Listen. I know you can hear me. | 听着 我知道你能听见我说话 |
[18:06] | I know you’re angry. I get it. | 我知道你很生气 我明白 |
[18:09] | And I’m sorry, for what it’s worth. | 不管这么说有没有用 我很抱歉 |
[18:12] | But I– | 但是 我… |
[18:14] | Can we just talk, please, Alex? | 艾丽克丝 请和我谈谈好吗 |
[18:19] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[19:02] | I was watching that. | 我还在看呢 |
[19:04] | You’re up? | 你醒了 |
[19:10] | Do you know how many different kinds of knives there are? | 你知道世上有多少种不同的刀具吗 |
[19:13] | Yes, the world is a magical place. | 是 世界是个神奇的地方 |
[19:15] | You should get some sleep. | 你应该睡一会儿 |
[19:18] | There was nothing in my bag, was there? | 我的包里什么都没有 对吧 |
[19:22] | Not this time. | 这次没有 |
[19:24] | Look, I’m sorry. This is just– | 听着 我很抱歉 我…这件事… |
[19:26] | I’m tired, and it’s a little surreal that you’re here shopping for knives | 我很累 这感觉有点不真实 你在这里选购刀具 |
[19:30] | while I go to work at 4:00 in the morning. | 而我要在凌晨4点去上班 |
[19:32] | I wasn’t shopping. | 我不是在选购 |
[19:34] | You would have to be on drugs to buy knives that way. | 用那种方式选购刀具那一定是嗑嗨了 |
[19:41] | You don’t have to worry about me. | 你不必担心我 |
[19:45] | I left you a key. | 我给你留了一把钥匙 |
[19:46] | Make sure your phone is charged if you go out. | 如果你要出门 确保给手机充好电 |
[20:09] | -Good morning. -Hi, I’m Laura Peterson. | -早上好 -嗨 我是劳拉彼得森 |
[20:11] | Nice effort, but they know. Your dressing room’s this way. | 介绍得不错 但他们知道 你的更衣室在这边 |
[20:15] | I’d like to say hi to Mia first. | 我想先和米娅打个招呼 |
[20:17] | Well then, say hi you shall. | 那就去打招呼吧 |
[20:18] | This is such a mind-fuck. | 这太不真实了 |
[20:20] | Back doing morning television. | 回来做早间电视 |
[20:22] | It’s like Carrie being asked to speak at the high school reunion. | 就好像嘉莉被要求在高中同学聚会上讲话 |
[20:24] | They’re not gonna laugh at you. | 他们不会笑话你的 |
[20:26] | Laura. I saw your ranch in Architectural Digest. | 劳拉 我在《建筑文摘》上 看到了你的农场 |
[20:30] | Where’s my invite? | 我的邀请呢 |
[20:31] | Good to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[20:32] | -What? -Times have changed. | -怎么回事 -时代变了 |
[20:34] | You spit on these people, Laura. | 你鄙视这些人 劳拉 |
[20:36] | What are you talking about? I don’t spit on anyone. | 你说什么呢 我不鄙视任何人 |
[20:38] | I’m just musing. That’s what I do. | 我只是在思考 这是我擅长的 |
[20:39] | And I act interested. That’s what I do. | 我假装感兴趣 这是我擅长的 |
[20:42] | -Hey, is your girlfriend here yet? -Stop! | -嘿 你女朋友来了吗 -闭嘴 |
[20:44] | Hi. Go ahead. She’s just in with Gayle. | 嗨 去吧 她刚和盖尔进去 |
[20:47] | -And that’s me– -Hey, guys. | -那是我… -大家好 |
[20:49] | -Hi. Good morning. -Reporting for duty. | -嗨 早上好 -前来报到 |
[20:51] | There she is. We are so glad to have you. | 她来了 我们很高兴你能加入 |
[21:02] | Time to kiss the ring. You coming? | 该去膜拜劳拉了 你来吗 |
[21:07] | Yeah. Let’s go. | 来 走吧 |
[21:10] | Feels like just yesterday we were kissing Alex’s ring. | 感觉昨天我们还在膜拜艾丽克丝 |
[21:15] | I did try with her. | 我真的试过和她搞好关系 |
[21:19] | I know. I get it. | 我知道 我明白 |
[21:30] | Don’t forget this is your show. | 别忘了 这是你的节目 |
[21:32] | She’s just a guest doing us a favor. | 她只是来帮忙的嘉宾 |
[21:35] | I know, Gayle. | 我知道 盖尔 |
[21:36] | Just making sure. | 我只是确认一下 |
[21:38] | The gang’s all here. | 大家都到齐了 |
[21:40] | The whole mishpachah. | 一家子都到了 |
[21:43] | -Laura, thank you so much for joining us. -It’s my pleasure. | -劳拉 谢谢你加入我们 -不客气 |
[21:47] | Have a preference? | 挑一个吧 |
[21:49] | What are these? | 这些是什么 |
[21:50] | We’re airing a Marx Brothers tribute this week. | 我们这周要播出一个 向马克思兄弟致敬的节目 |
[21:53] | Yeah, this year would be Groucho’s 130th birthday, | 对 今年是格劳乔诞辰130周年 |
[21:55] | so we thought it would be fun if you guys wore the glasses. | 所以我们觉得你们俩戴上眼镜会很有趣 |
[21:58] | Yeah, I won’t be doing that. | 是 我不要戴 |
[22:00] | Thirty seconds, everyone. | 30秒 各位 |
[22:01] | -Okay, people, clear! -We’ll get out of your hair. | -好了 各位 清场 -我们走了 |
[22:03] | Well, thanks again. | 再次感谢 |
[22:04] | Yeah, we’re gonna catch the start of it from the control room. Knock ’em dead. | 是 我们会从主控室里看开头部分 祝节目成功 |
[22:11] | -So what are we doing exactly? -Clear! | -我们到底要怎么做 -清场 |
[22:13] | Just follow my lead. You’ll be fine. | 跟着我做就好 不会有事的 |
[22:14] | -Ten, nine… -Oh, okay. | -十 九 -好 |
[22:16] | …eight, seven, six, five, four… | 八 七 六 五 四 |
[22:22] | This is exciting. | 真令人兴奋 |
[22:24] | Good morning. Breaking overnight: | 早上好 昨晚的突发新闻 |
[22:26] | Coronavirus continues its spread across the globe. | 新冠病毒继续在全球传播 |
[22:29] | Italy is now home to seven confirmed deaths | 意大利已经有七个死亡病例 |
[22:31] | as the total cases have risen to 283. | 病例总数上升到了283 |
[22:35] | -Thirty seconds. -The spike has prompted quarantines | -30秒 -病例激增导致政府采取隔离措施 |
[22:37] | and increased travel restrictions to and from the country. | 并升级了进出意大利的旅行限制令 |
[22:40] | Hey. Are you okay? | 嘿 你还好吗 |
[22:42] | President Trump again suggested coronavirus would go away. | 特朗普总统再次表示新冠病毒会自行消失 |
[22:44] | What do you mean? I’m fine. | 什么意思 我很好 |
[22:47] | Okay. I’ll head up then. | 好 那我上楼了 |
[22:50] | Stand by for live feed. | 直播信号待命 |
[22:51] | It’s Tuesday, February 25th, 2020, and this is The Morning Show | 今天是2020年2月25日星期二 您正在收看《The Morning Show》 |
[22:56] | with Bradley Jackson and special guest anchor, Laura Peterson. | 主持人是布莱德莉杰克森 和特邀嘉宾主播劳拉彼得森 |
[23:00] | Thank you for joining us on this Tuesday morning, | 感谢收看星期二早上的节目 |
[23:03] | and no, your eyes are not deceiving you. | 没错 你的眼睛没有欺骗你 |
[23:05] | We’re joined this morning by the one, the only, Laura Peterson. | 今天早上来到我们节目中的是 独一无二的劳拉彼得森 |
[23:09] | -Welcome, Laura. -Thank you. | -欢迎 劳拉 -谢谢 |
[23:10] | It’s so nice waking up with you. | 很高兴和你一起迎接清晨 |
[23:12] | Well, I did swear I would never set my alarm this early again, | 我曾发誓再也不会把我的闹钟定这么早 |
[23:15] | but I’m glad I did. | 但我很高兴这样做了 |
[23:16] | Well, we’re glad too. | 我们也很高兴 |
[23:17] | Our top stories this morning. | 请看今天早上的头条新闻 |
[23:19] | Why don’t you go back to your shitty country | 你还是滚回自己的烂国家去吧 |
[23:21] | and stay the fuck out of ours, dickhead? | 别来我们国家 混蛋 |
[23:23] | Fucking island beaner. | 该死的古巴佬 |
[23:34] | -Stella. -Morning. | -斯黛拉 -早 |
[23:36] | I understand you’re meeting with Yanko Flores this morning. | 我知道你今天上午要见杨科弗洛雷斯 |
[23:38] | In about 15 minutes. | 大概15分钟后 |
[23:40] | And I trust you will do the right thing, | 我相信你会做正确的事 |
[23:42] | that you won’t let your personal involvement | 你不会让私人感情 |
[23:44] | cloud your judgment? | 干扰你的判断 |
[23:46] | My personal involvement will have nothing to do with it. | 我的私人感情和此事无关 |
[23:49] | All due respect, Cybil, | 恕我直言 西比尔 |
[23:50] | these decisions can be made | 做出这些决定时 |
[23:52] | without you feeling the need to stand over me. | 你不必觉得必须监督我 |
[23:55] | All due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[23:57] | I’m giving you all the respect that’s due. | 我已经给足你面子了 |
[24:00] | You and Cory were brought in to clean things up | 请你和科里来是为了收拾烂摊子 |
[24:02] | and, God willing, bring some order to this place. | 但愿能给这里带来秩序 |
[24:06] | We fired Ray Marcus– | 我们炒掉了雷马库斯 |
[24:07] | After it became a scandal. | 那是在事情变成丑闻之后 |
[24:09] | And you hired Alex Levy. | 你们还聘请了艾丽克丝利维 |
[24:12] | So far we’ve gotten, what, seven days’ work | 到目前为止怎么样 她上了七天班 |
[24:15] | and a very public vanishing act for our money. | 在我们看来 她这是公开玩失踪 |
[24:18] | -You should talk to Cory about Alex. -I’m talking to you. | -艾丽克丝的事你应该找科里谈 -我在和你谈 |
[24:22] | Talent is running roughshod over you. | 节目组里的人在蔑视你的权威 |
[24:25] | These aren’t earthquakes. They’re people. | 这不是地震 都是大活人 |
[24:28] | You can control them, and if you can’t, you find people you can. | 你可以控制他们 如果你做不到 那就去找能被你控制的人来 |
[24:33] | Now, I made it very clear to Cory | 听着 我和科里说得很清楚 |
[24:36] | that it was the board’s position that Bradley Jackson needed to be fired | 董事会决定必须炒掉布莱德莉杰克森 |
[24:40] | during her mystery illness, | 就在她神秘的生病期间 |
[24:42] | but you two just put her on air the next morning. | 但你们两个第二天就让她上节目了 |
[24:45] | That is news to me. | 这是我第一次听说此事 |
[24:49] | Take some responsibility. | 承担起责任吧 |
[24:52] | Show some character. | 表现出个性来 |
[24:54] | Cory’s gone to bat for you plenty. | 科里已经十分支持你了 |
[24:56] | It’s why you’re here. | 那是你能来这里的原因 |
[24:58] | So don’t act like you two aren’t Frick and Frack. | 所以不要装作 你们俩不像溜冰二人组一样亲密 |
[25:03] | Frick and Frack? | 溜冰二人组 |
[25:04] | Oh, Christ. You’re young. | 天啊 你太年轻 |
[25:08] | You’re a package deal, | 你们俩是一个整体 |
[25:11] | but you can choose where your loyalty is. | 但你可以选择忠于谁 |
[25:16] | Who do you think’s gonna be here after the bomb goes off? | 你觉得在炸弹引爆后 谁还会留在这里 |
[25:19] | I’m a cockroach, Stella. | 我可是打不死的蟑螂小强 斯黛拉 |
[25:22] | I will always be here. | 我永远都会在这里的 |
[25:29] | February is American Heart Month. | 2月是美国心脏健康月 |
[25:31] | More than 2,000 people in the US die every day as the result of heart disease. | 在美国 每天有超过两千人死于心脏疾病 |
[25:36] | Many of them are women. | 其中有很多是女性 |
[25:38] | Now, it’s just an odd coincidence that I’m here today, | 我今天站在这里只是个奇怪的巧合 |
[25:41] | but if you’ll pardon the turn of phrase, this is a cause near and dear to my heart. | 请大家原谅我的措辞 心脏健康事业在我心中占有重要地位 |
[25:45] | Well, I am glad you’re here, because you can speak from firsthand experience | 我很高兴你在这里 因为你可以从亲身经历出发 |
[25:49] | just how important it is to take care of your heart from an early age. | 来谈从年轻时起 就照顾好心脏健康有多重要 |
[25:52] | Obviously, blood pressure and cholesterol are key factors, | 显然 血压和胆固醇是两个关键因素 |
[25:56] | but we’re gonna focus on some more overlooked factors. | 但我们会主要讲一些 人们更容易忽视的东西 |
[25:58] | Okay. So what’s the first one? | 好 第一个是什么 |
[26:00] | -Take three. -Sleep. | -三号机 -睡眠 |
[26:01] | So many of us are not getting anywhere near enough sleep. | 我们很多人睡眠严重不足 |
[26:04] | Yeah, there’s no way you get enough sleep in this job, is there, Bradley? | 是 做这份工作 睡眠不可能充足 布莱德莉 对不对 |
[26:08] | -You have to get up so early every day. -Well… | -你每天都必须起得很早 -这个嘛… |
[26:10] | And there’s always something to keep you up at night. | 而晚上总有些事会让你晚睡 |
[26:12] | A good night’s sleep needs to be a priority. | 晚上睡个好觉必须成为优先事项 |
[26:16] | The next major factor is stress. | 下一个重要因素是压力 |
[26:18] | I know being an anchor is a high-stress job, | 我知道主播是一个压力很大的工作 |
[26:21] | but we need to find healthy outlets for stress relief, | 但我们必须找到健康的减压方式 |
[26:23] | like exercise or even sex. | 比如锻炼甚至是性生活 |
[26:27] | What if that is your unhealthy choice? | 如果性伴侣选得不健康怎么办 |
[26:31] | -Now, Doctor… -Alex is gonna hate this. | -那么医生… -艾丽克丝肯定恨死这个了 |
[26:33] | Yeah, well, she can call the switchboard | 是 她可以给接线总机打电话 |
[26:35] | and complain like everyone else watching from home. | 像所有在家看电视的人一样投诉 |
[26:37] | …it would be helpful to hear what a healthy heart rate sounds like. | 听听健康的心跳声是什么样的会有帮助 |
[26:41] | Okay. I’ll be the doctor. | 好 我来扮演医生 |
[26:42] | -Well, go for it. It’s your show. -Okay. | -当然 这是你的节目 -好 |
[26:45] | -Are you gonna be the patient? -I’ll be the patient, Doctor. | -你来扮演病人好吗 -我扮演病人 医生 |
[26:48] | All right. Here we go. | 好 来吧 |
[26:51] | Let’s see. I don’t have a watch on, but I’ll just count in my head. | 来听听看 我没戴手表 但我会在心里默数 |
[26:55] | This feels pretty fast. You need to calm down, Laura. | 听起来心跳很快 你得冷静点 劳拉 |
[26:58] | If I’m above resting, | 如果我的心跳比休息时快 |
[27:00] | does that mean I’m losing calories just right now as I’m standing here? | 是不是意味着 我站在这里就在燃烧卡路里 |
[27:11] | -Hey. -Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[27:12] | Come in. | 请进 |
[27:17] | -Does that hurt? It looks like it hurts. -No. No, it’s not– | -那里疼吗 看起来挺疼的 -不…没什么 |
[27:20] | It’s fine. I mean, it’s a little tender, you know? But it’s not– | 没事 有一点酸痛 但是没… |
[27:23] | It’s not that bad. | 没那么糟糕 |
[27:25] | You could put concealer on it, or– | 你可以用遮瑕膏或者… |
[27:28] | People already insist I wear eye makeup. | 人们已经坚持说我化了眼妆 |
[27:29] | -I really don’t wanna make ’em right. -Yeah. | -我真不想让他们说中 -是 |
[27:32] | Well, it looks manly. | 看起来很有男子气概 |
[27:34] | I mean, we don’t want our weatherman to have a shiner, but you wear it well. | 我们不希望天气预报员有个黑眼圈 但在你脸上没那么糟糕 |
[27:38] | Okay, well, thank you. I think. | 好吧 谢谢 我想是吧 |
[27:41] | So I wanted to thank you for sticking up for me. | 所以我想感谢你为我站出来 |
[27:44] | You didn’t have to, and you really shouldn’t have, | 你完全不必也真的不应该这么做 |
[27:46] | -but it did mean a lot to me. -Well, I did. Okay. | -但我很感动 -是 好吧 |
[27:48] | But I did have to. I mean, that guy way crossed the line. | 但我必须站出来 那个人太过分了 |
[27:53] | -Yeah. -Right. | -是 -对 |
[27:55] | And, plus, you never forget being the weird Cuban kid, you know? | 而且我总是忘不了 自己是个奇怪的古巴小子 |
[28:00] | -Yeah. -Yeah. | -是 -是 |
[28:01] | Well, I imagine you never forget being the weird Korean kid either, right? | 我想你也总是忘不了 自己是个奇怪的韩国丫头 对吗 |
[28:04] | I’m still the weird Korean kid. | 我还是那个奇怪的韩国丫头 |
[28:06] | It turns out, that’s actually a good thing. | 结果这其实是件好事 |
[28:07] | Yeah– Yes, it is, isn’t it? Yeah, yeah, weird is grossly underrated. | 是的 不是吗 对 奇怪被严重低估了 |
[28:11] | Yeah. Anyway, thank you. | 是 总之谢谢你 |
[28:13] | Nah. I’m glad I could help. | 没什么 能帮上忙我很高兴 |
[28:16] | -Okay. -Okay. | -好 -好 |
[28:18] | -Well… -Where you going? | -那么… -你要去哪 |
[28:22] | I still do need to suspend you. | 我还是得让你暂时停职 |
[28:25] | What? | 什么 |
[28:26] | You’re gonna suspend me for sticking up for you? | 因为我为了你站出来 你要让我停职 |
[28:28] | You’re the weatherman on The Morning Show. | 你是《The Morning Show》的天气预报员 |
[28:31] | We can’t have you hitting people on the street. | 我们不能让你在街上打人 |
[28:34] | Hold on. I– | 等等 我… |
[28:36] | Okay, so I’m a racist when I said spirit animal. | 好 我说灵兽时是个种族主义者 |
[28:38] | I beat up a racist, and now you’re suspending me. | 我揍了一个种族主义者 现在你们要给我停职 |
[28:41] | You didn’t just beat him up, you beat the shit out of him. | 你不光是揍了他 你把他给揍惨了 |
[28:43] | -He could press charges, he could sue. -No, he put his hands on me– | -他可能提出指控 他可能起诉 -不 是他先对我动手的 |
[28:46] | Oh, my God. You can’t fucking win around here. | 天啊 我真是里外不是人啊 |
[28:48] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该和你说什么 |
[28:50] | Well, what am I supposed to do? Seriously, what am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么做 说真的 我该怎么做 |
[28:54] | The weather. | 做天气 |
[28:57] | Don’t make me the enemy. | 别把我当成敌人 |
[29:02] | Let’s go to local weather now and see what’s happening… | 现在我们来看看本地天气状况 |
[29:04] | Why am I hungry? I don’t usually eat until noon. | 我怎么饿了 我通常在中午之前不吃东西 |
[29:07] | And we’re out. | 结束 |
[29:08] | Back in 60 seconds. | 60秒后回来 |
[29:10] | -Who’s that? -Bart. He’s a weirdo. | -那是谁 -巴特 他是个怪人 |
[29:16] | No. | 别接 |
[29:23] | -Everything okay with your brother? -Yeah, I think so. | -你弟弟还好吗 -我觉得他还好 |
[29:31] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[29:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:49] | You’ll be fine. | 你不会有事的 |
[29:52] | You’ll be fine. | 你不会有事的 |
[29:55] | Ten seconds. | 还有十秒 |
[29:56] | In ten… | 倒数十 |
[30:06] | Miss Jackson. | 杰克森女士 |
[30:22] | Bradley, the glasses. | 布莱德莉 眼镜 |
[30:24] | Start your move. Cue her. | 开始操作 请她开始 |
[30:29] | It’s the craziest thing we ever heard, | 这是我们听过最疯狂的事 |
[30:31] | but 2020 marks the 130th birthday of Groucho Marx. | 但2020年是格劳乔马克思诞辰130周年 |
[30:45] | -Is it true? -I guess so. | -是真的吗 -我想是的 |
[30:52] | He famously said he’d never want to join a club | 他有句著名言论 说自己从来不想加入俱乐部 |
[30:55] | -that would have him as a member, but… -Four, widen out, please. | -那种愿意要他当会员的 但… -请四号机给个全景 |
[30:58] | …after watching this special, there’ll be many more new members | 看过这次特别节目后 一定会有很多人成为 |
[31:00] | -of the Groucho Marx fan club. -Stand by, two. | -格劳乔的粉丝 -二号准备 |
[31:03] | Well, this will stop the ratings slump. | 这会阻止收视率的暴跌 |
[31:05] | …antics of Groucho, Chico, Harpo, and sometimes Zeppo and Gummo, | 滑稽的格劳乔 奇科 哈珀 有时还有泽波和甘默 |
[31:09] | -we’re welcoming comedian… -Holy shit. | -我们欢迎喜剧演员 -天啊 |
[31:11] | -…and friend of Groucho, Tom Ballantine. -One, ready. | -暨格劳乔的好友汤姆巴兰坦 -一号机准备 |
[31:13] | -Thanks, Tom, for being here. -Take it, one. Good. Take four. | -汤姆 谢谢你上节目 -切到一号机 好 切到四号机 |
[31:16] | Thanks. These days, I’m happy to be anywhere. | 谢谢 如今我在哪里都很开心 |
[31:18] | -One. -It’s a joke, but it’s also true. | -一号机 -虽然是玩笑 但确实如此 |
[31:21] | -Take it, one. -That’s funny. | -切到一号 -有趣 |
[31:22] | -I guess I can take these off now. -Sorry about that. | -我想现在可以把眼镜摘掉了吧 -抱歉 |
[31:25] | -Stand by, two. -Those are glasses? | -二号机准备 -那副眼镜 |
[31:28] | Believe it or not, that’s actually not a bad disguise. | 信不信由你 这伪装其实很不错 |
[31:31] | -You okay? -I’m fine, | -你还好吗 -我很好 |
[31:34] | but my day just got shitty. | 但我今天的心情已经毁了 |
[31:36] | What was he like in real life? | 他现实中是怎样的 |
[31:37] | Funny, if you could believe it. Boy, I mean, we had mornings… | 很搞笑 不知道你信不信 天啊 我们有时候在早上… |
[31:41] | She really goes through them, doesn’t she? | 这些事都是真的 对吗 |
[31:43] | -I doubt that it’s true. -I don’t. | -我表示怀疑 -我不怀疑 |
[31:45] | There’s a vibe. | 感觉她们俩很来电 |
[31:46] | Is it bad that I think this is hot? | 我觉得此事很性感 这样是不是不好 |
[31:48] | -Yes. -Why? | -是不好 -为什么 |
[31:50] | -I’m not sure. -You’re sexualizing them. | -我不确定 -你在把她们性化 |
[31:53] | But I’m not. The story is. | 我没有 是这文章性化她们 |
[31:54] | Do you have a favorite Marx Brothers movie? | 你最喜欢哪一部马克思兄弟的电影 |
[31:57] | -Do you think it’s true? -Love Happy. | -是真的吗 -《快乐爱情》 |
[31:58] | -I’ve never seen that one. -I hope not. | -希望不是 -我从没看过那部 |
[32:00] | -I loved it. -‘Cause being gay’s your thing? | -我很喜欢 -因为同性恋是你的专属特质 |
[32:03] | No, because I think it’s horrible and painful to be publicly outed, | 不 因为我觉得 被迫公开出柜是很可怕 很痛苦的 |
[32:06] | and it’s nobody’s fucking business. | 这件事和任何人都无关 |
[32:09] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:11] | Okay, we will. Allegedly. | 好 我们会的 据说如此 |
[32:13] | -We have to say that for legal reasons. -Sure. Allegedly. | -出于法律原因 我们必须说这个词 -当然 据说如此 |
[32:16] | -Okay. -Okay? | -好的 -好 |
[32:18] | Well, that’s such a great story. Thank you so much for being here, Tom. | 这个故事真精彩 汤姆 谢谢你今天上节目 |
[32:21] | Groucho and the Marx Brothers airs tomorrow night | 《格劳乔和马克思兄弟》明晚播出 |
[32:24] | on UBA, 8:00, 7:00 Central. | 就在UBA电视网晚上8点 中部时间晚7点 |
[32:26] | Let’s see some of those classic moments that made the Marx Brothers so beloved. | 我们来看一些马克思兄弟的经典片段 这就是人们如此喜爱他们的原因 |
[32:31] | And we’re out. Back in two minutes. | 结束 两分钟后回来 |
[32:34] | Gayle, can I use the facilities really quick? | 盖尔 我能快速用一下更衣室吗 |
[32:36] | -Do I have a minute? -You do. Everything okay? | -能给我一分钟吗 -可以 一切都还好吗 |
[32:38] | Yeah. Pardon me, I just have to go deal with something. | 是 不好意思 我必须去处理点事 |
[32:41] | -Okay. -Wait. Where is she going? | -好 -等等 她要去哪 |
[32:45] | Where’s she going? | 她要去哪 |
[33:03] | Could you cover the next segment? | 你能顶替我录下一段节目吗 |
[33:05] | -Yeah, of course. -Thank you. | -好 当然可以 -谢谢 |
[33:09] | Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. | 该死… |
[33:12] | Oh, fuck! | 真该死 |
[33:17] | Oh, no, no. You can’t be in here right now. | 不…你现在不能到这里来 |
[33:20] | -Why? -No, no, no. Get out. | -为什么 -不行 出去 |
[33:21] | -Get out now. -Why? | -立刻出去 -为什么 |
[33:22] | Because if people see us going out of the same room, that’s not good. | 因为如果人们看到我们 从同一个房间里出去 那不好 |
[33:26] | Well, if it were true, | 如果我们真在约会 |
[33:27] | then we would have to make sure we weren’t seen together. | 那我们就必须确保不要让人看到在一起 |
[33:29] | But we just had bullshit gossip published about us, | 但一篇关于我们的狗屁八卦文章刚刚发表 |
[33:32] | so we’re in here discussing how to handle it. | 所以我们在这里讨论如何应对 |
[33:35] | -But it is true. -Oh, boy, you are so not cool. | -但我们真在约会啊 -天啊 你太不冷静了 |
[33:38] | This isn’t funny. This isn’t funny! | 这事不好笑 |
[33:40] | -I don’t think any of it’s funny actually. -Neither do I! | -我其实觉得这一点都不好笑 -我也是 |
[33:45] | Look, someone being outed against their will, I’m having flashbacks. | 听着 有人在违背自己意愿的情况下 被迫出柜 勾起了我的回忆 |
[33:50] | This is not about being outed. | 重点不是被迫出柜 |
[33:52] | -So you’re not embarrassed? -No, no, no. I’m not. | -所以你不觉得尴尬 -不 我不尴尬 |
[33:55] | -I’m not. I’m not. -Then why are you so upset? | -我不尴尬 -那你为什么这么不开心 |
[33:59] | Because I don’t want my private life public. | 因为我不想公开自己的私生活 |
[34:02] | I’m just a private person, Laura, | 我只是个注重隐私的人 劳拉 |
[34:05] | and I don’t want people talking about anybody that I’m sleeping with, | 我不希望人们谈论任何和我上床的人 |
[34:07] | much less the person I’m sitting next to. | 更不用说就坐在我旁边的人了 |
[34:09] | And I just feel like everybody’s staring at us. | 我感觉所有人都盯着我们看 |
[34:12] | Well, they are. There are cameras pointing at us. We’re on TV. | 他们是在看我们啊 多台摄像机对着我们 我们在做电视节目 |
[34:16] | -I’m sorry. I– -Look. You are gonna go home. | -对不起 我 -听着 你回家去吧 |
[34:19] | You’ll draw yourself a bath, shut out the world for the night, | 好好泡个澡 今晚不问世事 |
[34:23] | and things will be better in the morning. | 明天早上事情会有好转的 |
[34:26] | But I– It’s 8:00 in the morning, and I can’t– | 可是我…现在是早上8点 我不能… |
[34:28] | I can’t go back to my hotel room. My brother’s there. | 我不能回酒店去 我弟弟在那里 |
[34:31] | And he’s so fucked up. | 而且他有很多心理问题 |
[34:33] | He’s just watching some stupid fucking show about bowie knives. | 他在看关于波伊刀的无聊节目 |
[34:36] | -And you can’t talk to him? -No. You don’t know my family. | -你不能和他谈 -不能 你不了解我的家人 |
[34:38] | They’re just– He’s probably on drugs, or he has some problem | 他们…他可能嗑药了 或是他有个什么麻烦事 |
[34:41] | that’s just bigger than all my problems, and I just– I don’t want– | 要比我所有的麻烦都严重 我就是…我不想… |
[34:44] | I don’t want anybody knowing my business. | 我不想让任何人了解我的私生活 |
[34:47] | Especially my family. | 尤其是我的家人 |
[34:49] | Page Six published a rumor about Alex and Mitch a million years ago. | 《第六页》在多年前发表了一则 关于艾丽克丝和米切的谣言 |
[34:53] | -Exactly. Yes. -No big deal. | -没错 对 -没什么大不了的 |
[34:56] | They didn’t respond, and it was a blip. | 他们没有回应 那件事宛如昙花一现 |
[34:58] | Really, was it? Because I remember you asking Alex if she was fucking Mitch. | 真的吗 因为我记得你问艾丽克丝 她是否和米切上过床 |
[35:02] | Yeah, well, don’t be horrible to people, and you’ll be fine. | 是 别对其他人无礼 你就会没事的 |
[35:05] | Look. There is a live show going on right now, | 听着 现在节目还在直播 |
[35:08] | -and we are supposed to be on it. -I know, but I’m serious. | -我们出镜的节目 -我知道 但我是认真的 |
[35:11] | -I can’t have people judging me. -Judging you for what? | -我不能让别人评判我 -评判你什么啊 |
[35:13] | For– | 评判… |
[35:14] | If people know that I’m in a relationship, then they’ll know when it ends. | 如果人们知道我处于一段感情中 那他们就会知道感情什么时候结束 |
[35:19] | And I, honestly… | 说实话 我… |
[35:21] | I haven’t had a relationship past a few months my entire life. | 我这辈子还没有过 一段感情持续超过几个月 |
[35:24] | Because I get bored or I get restless | 因为我会感到无聊或者烦躁 |
[35:27] | or I find out somebody’s not who they said they were or I… | 或是我发现某人言行不一或是我… |
[35:31] | I leave. | 我一走了之 |
[35:33] | Bradley, we need to get back. | 布莱德莉 我们得回到节目上去 |
[35:40] | And you’re right. This is totally fucked up. | 你说得对 这件事糟透了 |
[35:44] | But I promise you, it’ll be okay. | 但我向你保证 会好起来的 |
[35:47] | You take your time. I’ve got you covered. | 你慢慢来 别急 我会支持你的 |
[35:55] | Twenty seconds. | 20秒 |
[36:00] | Quiet, please. | 请安静 |
[36:03] | -Right in the nick of time. -Ten seconds. | -正好赶上 -十秒 |
[36:06] | -Clear. -Thank you. | -清场 -谢谢 |
[36:07] | -Eight… -Nice going. | -八 -干得好 |
[36:08] | Seven, six, five, four, three, two… | 七 六 五 四 三 二 |
[36:14] | Of course I watched it. I don’t miss one. | 当然看过 一部都没落下 |
[36:16] | I thought it was an amazing premiere. | 我觉得那场首映式特别棒 |
[36:17] | Amazing? Come on. Calm down. It was okay. It was okay. | 特别棒 拜托 冷静点 还可以吧… |
[36:20] | What do you need, Daniel Henderson, to be happy? | 丹尼尔亨德森 你要怎样才能开心 |
[36:22] | -I mean… -What does it take? | -我… -需要什么 |
[36:24] | Look. Calm down. All right? | 冷静点 |
[36:27] | I thought that the talent was mediocre. | 我认为才华很一般 |
[36:29] | Just put the singers to the side for a second. | 先不要考虑歌手 |
[36:32] | -Look at the show overall. -Put the singers to the side? | -看看节目的整体 -不考虑歌手 |
[36:34] | -It’s a singing competition. -You okay? | -这是歌唱比赛 -你还好吗 |
[36:36] | They have a Backstreet Boy as a judge. | 他们有一位后街男孩当评委 |
[36:39] | Honestly, I have no idea what’s going on. | 说实话 我不知道是怎么回事 |
[36:41] | If Isabella wasn’t talking to her, I’d be freaking the fuck out. | 如果伊莎贝拉没在和她谈 我会抓狂的 |
[36:44] | I mean, it’s been, like, a week since I’ve– | 我已经一个星期没有和… |
[36:47] | -You gotta be fucking kidding me. -Oh, shit. | -你开什么玩笑 -不好 |
[36:51] | You got one job, Chip. | 你就只有这一项工作 奇普 |
[36:52] | Your one job is to babysit a $25 million mistake, | 这项工作就是照顾一个 两千五百万美元的错误 |
[36:56] | and you don’t even know where she is? | 而你连她在哪都不知道 |
[36:58] | -Hold on. She’s in her apartment. Okay– -Lot of fucking good she’s doing me there! | -等等 她在自己的公寓里 好了… -她在家待着可真是帮了我大忙 |
[37:05] | And you. I hired you as a favor to him. | 还有你 我聘请你是送他个人情 |
[37:07] | And this is how you treat me behind my back. | 你就在我背后这样对我 |
[37:10] | Hold on, hold on. | 等等… |
[37:11] | Be pissed at me all you want, but what the fuck? | 你可以随便对我发火 但这算什么 |
[37:13] | Rena has nothing to do with this, except for maybe being the one person here | 蕾娜和此事无关 她只是这里唯一一个 |
[37:17] | who doesn’t treat my coming back as something I’m doing to them. | 没有把我的回归当成是一种报复而已 |
[37:23] | It’s not your fault, Rena. | 这不是你的错 蕾娜 |
[37:26] | That’s not the same thing as an apology. And what the fuck is going on with you? | 这可不是道歉 你到底怎么回事 |
[37:32] | You lied. | 你撒谎了 |
[37:35] | You told me you had been in communication with Alex. | 你告诉我说一直在和艾丽克丝联系 |
[37:38] | Look… | 听着 |
[37:40] | I’m trying to help. Okay? | 我只是想帮忙 明白吗 |
[37:46] | I can see you’re obviously hurting. | 我能看出来 你显然很伤心 |
[37:49] | Can you? | 你能吗 |
[37:53] | Can you see that, Chip? | 奇普 你能看出来吗 |
[37:59] | I’m sorry, Mia. Okay? | 对不起 米娅 好吗 |
[38:01] | I’m sorry for everything. | 我对一切感到抱歉 |
[38:03] | I do want to help. I really do. I… | 我真的想帮忙 真的 我… |
[38:11] | Then get me my fucking lead anchor back. | 那就把该死的首席主播给我找回来 |
[38:17] | Yeah. Okay, boss. | 是 好的 老大 |
[38:42] | Hey, Bradley. You okay? You need anything? | 嗨 布莱德莉 你还好吗 需要什么吗 |
[38:45] | -Do you want me to order you dinner? -Nope. All good. | -要我帮你点晚餐吗 -不用 我很好 |
[38:49] | Did you want to return any calls? They’re kinda piling up. | 你要不要回电话 已经积压很多未接来电了 |
[38:53] | Your reps, at least? | 至少给你的代理人回一下 |
[38:55] | Nope. I’m sort of on a roll here. | 不了 我不想打乱自己的节奏 |
[38:59] | Gonna get some more work done. | 我要完成一些工作 |
[39:01] | Okay. Have a good night. | 好 晚安 |
[39:29] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[39:41] | -Hey. -Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[39:43] | How did the talk with your brother go? | 你和弟弟谈得怎么样 |
[39:45] | -I’m still in my dressing room. -Still? | -我还在更衣室呢 -还在啊 |
[39:49] | -Yep. -I understand. | -是 -我明白 |
[39:51] | Look, come over. I’d like to see you. | 听着 你过来吧 我想见你 |
[39:53] | There’s probably paparazzi, | 可能有狗仔队 |
[39:55] | but you wouldn’t be the first woman to sneak in here undetected. | 但你不会是第一个 溜进来而没被发现的女人 |
[39:58] | It’d be good to see each other tonight, of all nights. | 今晚见面挺好的 尤其是今晚 |
[40:03] | I can’t. | 我不行 |
[40:05] | So, what? | 怎么了 |
[40:07] | We’re just not gonna see each other again? | 我们就不再见面了吗 |
[40:09] | No, no, don’t be crazy. | 不…别瞎说 |
[40:12] | Look, I get that today was tough for you, but it wasn’t nothing for me. | 听着 我知道今天对你来说很难 但我也并不是无动于衷 |
[40:17] | Really? You seemed fine. | 是吗 你似乎没事啊 |
[40:19] | My experience with morning TV was traumatic. | 我做早间电视的经历给我留下了心理创伤 |
[40:23] | I got outed when that could kill your career. | 我被迫出柜时 这种事是会断送职业生涯的 |
[40:26] | But I got therapy. | 但我接受了治疗 |
[40:29] | I made my peace, and I worked through it, | 我争取到了自己的安宁 努力挺了过来 |
[40:33] | to the point where I thought it would be fun | 以至于我觉得回到节目中 |
[40:36] | to come back and do a victory lap. | 庆祝自己的胜利还挺有趣 |
[40:38] | And then I immediately got outed again. | 然后我立刻又被迫出柜了 |
[40:41] | So it was traumatic for me. I just know how to handle my shit. | 此事曾经给我留下了心理创伤 我只是知道如何调整心态 |
[40:44] | So was it traumatic to be outed as with me? | 那和我一起被迫出柜 给你留下了心理创伤吗 |
[40:47] | Because everybody knows you like girls. | 因为大家都知道你喜欢女生 |
[40:50] | I’m gonna give you a chance to withdraw that. | 我给你个机会收回这句话 |
[40:53] | Look, I’m sorry. What do you want me to do? | 听着 我很抱歉 你想让我怎么做 |
[40:56] | I told you what I wanted. I wanted you to come over. | 我跟你说过了 我刚才想让你过来 |
[40:58] | -All right, I’ll come over. -Wanted. | -好 我会过来的 -刚才想 |
[41:00] | -Wanted, past tense. -Laura, I’m sorry. | -刚才想 是过去式 -劳拉 对不起 |
[41:02] | I– I’m– | 我… |
[41:04] | You don’t know how I grew up. | 你不知道我是怎么长大的 |
[41:05] | -My mom and my brother. I– -You never stood a chance. | -我妈妈和我弟弟 我… -你从来都没有机会 |
[41:07] | I get it. I know why you’re the way you are. I really do, but– | 我明白 我知道 你为什么会是现在这样 真的 但是… |
[41:11] | No, you don’t. My family is not like yours. | 不 你不知道 我家和你家不一样 |
[41:14] | Don’t cut me off. | 别打断我 |
[41:16] | And stop assuming that there’s only one path to fucking up your kids. | 还有不要认为只有一种方法 让孩子遭遇不幸 |
[41:20] | But you’re not a kid anymore. Fucked-up kids have an excuse. | 但你已经不是个孩子了 遭遇不幸的孩子有借口 |
[41:24] | Fucked-up adults get therapy. | 遭遇不幸的成年人应去接受治疗 |
[41:26] | Fucked-up adults change their circumstances. | 遭遇不幸的成年人应改变自己的环境 |
[41:29] | That’s advice that I lived by. | 这是我奉行的忠告 |
[41:33] | So do what you have to do– | 做你必须要做的事 |
[41:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:36] | Do what you have to do with your brother, go home, and I’ll see you tomorrow. Okay? | 做你必须要做的 处理好你弟弟 回家去 我们明天见 好吗 |
[41:57] | Alex, it’s Chip. | 艾丽克丝 我是奇普 |
[41:59] | I’m sorry I’m coming unannounced, but I just– | 抱歉 我没打招呼就来了 但我只是… |
[42:02] | I mean, that’s what happens when you don’t answer my texts or my calls | 我只得如此 因为你不回我短信 不接我电话 |
[42:07] | or emails or my carrier pigeons. | 不回我电邮 也不理我的信鸽 |
[42:12] | -Hi. -Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[42:15] | What are you doing here? I thought Madeleine was in town. | 你在这里做什么 我以为玛德琳来城里了 |
[42:17] | Yeah, she is. I’m hoping to get back to her soon, but I need to talk to Alex. | 是的 我希望能尽快回到她身边 但我必须和艾丽克丝谈谈 |
[42:21] | Is she… | 她… |
[42:25] | in her bedroom? Is she asleep? Or… | 在卧室吗 她睡了吗 还是… |
[42:32] | She’s not here. | 她不在这里 |
[42:36] | What? She’s not… | 什么 她不… |
[42:38] | -What? Where the fuck is she? -I don’t know. | -什么 她到底在哪 -我不知道 |
[42:41] | You know, all she said was she was going somewhere for a few days, | 她只是说要到某处待上几天 |
[42:45] | to check on her place, and to not let anyone know. | 去看看她的房子 不让别人知道 |
[42:47] | Yeah, I’m not anyone, so… | 是 我又不是别人 所以… |
[42:49] | No. She specified you. | 不 她特别交代不要告诉你 |
[42:52] | Wait. So, have you been speaking with her? | 等等 所以你和她说过话 |
[42:55] | Because I think you know I’ve been trying pretty desperately | 因为我想你知道我一直在拼命努力 |
[42:58] | to get in touch with her, yes? | 想联系到她 对吗 |
[43:00] | You realize this is fucking Mia over. | 你知道这样会把米娅害惨 |
[43:02] | Alex is my boss. | 艾丽克丝是我的上司 |
[43:03] | Yes, and Mia is her boss. | 对 米娅是她上司 |
[43:05] | -Okay. Right. -This is funny? Yeah. | -好吧 对 -这很好笑 是啊 |
[43:08] | Okay, good. Now I have to go track her down, right? | 很好 我现在得去找她了 对吗 |
[43:10] | Why would I wanna go have dinner with my fiancée? | 我怎么会想要和未婚妻共进晚餐呢 |
[43:12] | Excuse me. Alex is a grown fucking woman. | 不好意思 艾丽克丝是成年女性 |
[43:15] | She doesn’t need you to rescue her. | 她不需要你去拯救她 |
[43:16] | Excuse me. All due respect, not a gender thing. | 不好意思 恕我直言 这和性别无关 |
[43:20] | She really fucking does. | 她真的需要拯救 |
[43:21] | Wow. | 哇 |
[43:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:24] | Do you really not know where she is? | 你真的不知道她在哪吗 |
[43:26] | I need you to tell me where she is. | 我需要你告诉我她在哪 |
[43:30] | What– Are you just not gonna talk to me? | 如果…你就是不肯跟我说吗 |
[43:32] | -What is with you people? -What do you mean, “you people”? | -你们这些人怎么回事 -什么叫“你们这些人” |
[43:34] | -Mediocre white men. -What are you talking about? | -平庸的白人男子 -什么意思 |
[43:37] | You’re always fucking things up for everybody, | 你们总是把所有人的事搞砸 |
[43:39] | and you’re always first in line for second chances! | 而你们总是能最先得到第二次机会 |
[43:42] | You’re not exceptional! I’m sorry, you’re not, and I am so sick of it! | 你们并不特殊 对不起 不特殊 我已经厌烦至极了 |
[43:46] | Oh, my God! What a fucking load! | 天啊 你可真是废话连篇 |
[43:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:54] | You’re white. I’m– Okay. All right. | 你也是白人 我…行 好吧 |
[43:58] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[44:00] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[44:03] | Meet Liz Stebbins. | 这位是丽兹斯特宾斯 |
[44:05] | When she took a trip to the dog pound to heal her broken heart, | 当她去狗狗收容所治愈她那破碎的心时 |
[44:09] | she never imagined it would start a journey | 她从未想到这会开启一段旅程 |
[44:11] | that would define the rest of her life. | 改变她余下的人生 |
[44:14] | Tonight, we revisit a story we first brought you in 2013… | 今晚 我们会回顾一则 2013年播出过的故事 |
[44:18] | …that chronicled the icy, grueling journey of one Iditarod racer and her dogs | 那个故事记录了一位艾迪塔罗参赛者 和狗狗们踏上冰冷 艰辛的旅程 |
[44:24] | who fought all the odds just to get to the starting line. | 她们战胜了很多困难仅仅才来到了起跑线 |
[44:53] | Did you sleep at all? | 你睡觉了吗 |
[44:57] | I couldn’t. | 我睡不着 |
[44:58] | Mom’s been calling all day, freaking the fuck out about you. | 妈妈打了一天电话 她因为你的事吓坏了 |
[45:03] | Tell her if she really cares, she can just call me herself. | 告诉她 如果她真的在乎我 可以直接打给我 |
[45:07] | You tell her yourself, ’cause I’m not your middleman. | 你自己跟她说 我不是你们的传话筒 |
[45:09] | Okay. Well, is she answering the phone? | 好 她会接电话吗 |
[45:11] | Has she finally gotten over my abortion from 1995? | 她终于放下了我1995年堕胎的事吗 |
[45:14] | No, she just asked me how you got pregnant having sex with girls. | 不 她问我你和女生上床是怎么怀孕的 |
[45:17] | What the fuck? | 这算什么啊 |
[45:19] | She’s embarrassed. | 她觉得很难堪 |
[45:21] | I mean, what do you expect? It’s a small town. | 你能期待些什么呢 那是个小镇 |
[45:27] | It’s– That’s just bullshit. People have advanced. | 这胡说八道 人们已经进步了 |
[45:29] | Not mom’s friends. | 不 妈妈的朋友们没进步 |
[45:31] | But if you think they were so enlightened, | 但如果你认为他们那么开明 为什么… |
[45:34] | why did you wait so long to come out of the closet? | 你等了这么久才出柜 |
[45:37] | -She’d be over it by now. -This is called “being outed.” | -否则她现在早就接受了 -这叫“被迫出柜” |
[45:40] | Those are completely different things, dumbass. | 这两者是完全不同的 笨蛋 |
[45:44] | This is just… Bradley, this is really not a good time for this. | 这…布莱德莉 现在时机真的很不合适 |
[45:47] | It’s not a good time? For who? For you? | 时机不合适 对谁来说 你吗 |
[45:52] | Who invited you here? | 谁邀请你来的 |
[45:54] | You didn’t have to talk to Mom all day about it. | 你不必和妈妈聊一整天这事 |
[45:56] | Neither do you. You don’t have to take her fucking calls, Hal. | 你也一样 你不必接她电话的 哈尔 |
[46:00] | Yeah, not everybody can abandon our mother. | 是 不是所有人都能抛弃自己的母亲 |
[46:02] | She abandoned us the minute we popped out of her. | 我们刚一出生就被她抛弃了 |
[46:04] | You do not owe her anything. | 你什么都不欠她的 |
[46:06] | Besides, I thought you came here to get away from her. | 而且我以为你来这里是为了离开她 |
[46:09] | Look… | 听着 |
[46:10] | I fucking came here because I’ve been using. | 我来这里是因为我一直在吸毒 |
[46:16] | Fuck– Okay? | 该死 明白吗 |
[46:20] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[46:23] | I just– I cannot handle living at home with Mom. | 我无法面对和妈妈一起生活这件事 |
[46:28] | I cannot do it. | 我做不到 |
[46:30] | You know how she always said, “You try being nice | 你知道她总是说:“等你们经历过 |
[46:32] | when you’ve been through what I’ve been through.” | 我所经历过的事 再来试着待人友善吧” |
[46:37] | And like an idiot, I thought you helping her out, | 我就像个白痴 以为你帮了她 |
[46:40] | making things easier for her, that she would– | 让她生活变得轻松 那样她就会… |
[46:42] | she would just become less of a bitch. | 她就会不那么刻薄了 |
[46:45] | But… she got worse. | 但是她变本加厉 |
[46:50] | I mean, she’s got a big fucking head, but she is still so fragile. | 她非常自私自大 但她还是弱不禁风 |
[46:56] | You can knock her over with a feather. | 用一根羽毛就能把她打倒 |
[46:57] | So I feel guilty about leaving her. | 所以离开她令我感到很愧疚 |
[47:01] | But she makes me feel fucking guilty about everything, and it is killing me! | 但她令我对一切都感到愧疚 这太折磨人了 |
[47:13] | You know what I realized? | 你知道我意识到什么吗 |
[47:16] | I don’t wanna die. I don’t. | 我不想死 真的 |
[47:19] | But I don’t care if I live… | 但我不在乎自己活着 |
[47:24] | and that scares the shit out of me. | 这让我非常害怕 |
[47:26] | I took my shit, I threw it off a cliff. I did. It’s gone! | 我把毒品扔下了悬崖 真的 全没了 |
[47:29] | -Good. -But that’s why I’m here. | -很好 -但那是我来这里的原因 |
[47:31] | Because I know if I’m around you, then I won’t get fucked up. | 因为我知道如果我在你身边 那我就不会遭遇不幸 |
[47:37] | Bradley, I’m fucking begging you. You have to let me stay here. | 布莱德莉 我求求你了 一定要让我留在这里 |
[47:42] | I need to be here, but this is not helping. | 我必须留在这里 但这个于事无补 |
[47:51] | This is a lot to put on me right now, Hal. | 我现在负担很重 哈尔 |
[47:53] | I know. | 我知道 |
[47:55] | It’s too much. | 太重了 |
[47:57] | I can’t deal with it. | 我承担不起 |
[48:02] | I’m sorry. I just– I thought you cared. | 抱歉 我以为你在乎的 |
[48:05] | I do care. You need to go to rehab. | 我是在乎 你得去戒毒所 |
[48:07] | -I’m not a fucking doctor. -Rehab? Rehab is expensive. | -我不是什么医生 -戒毒所 戒毒所很贵 |
[48:11] | -I don’t… -I’ll pay for it. | -我没有… -我来付钱 |
[48:12] | No! No! | 不… |
[48:15] | I’m not gonna ask you for that. I’m not gonna ask you for money. | 我不会要你这么做的 我不会问你要钱的 |
[48:17] | I paid for it last time. I didn’t have any fucking money. | 上次就是我付的 我当时根本没钱 |
[48:19] | -Do you remember that? -Yes, | -你记得吗 -是 |
[48:20] | but now that you do, it’s a thing. | 但你现在有钱 这很尴尬 |
[48:23] | Whatever. Don’t get on my case about being considerate. | 无论如何 不要因为我的体贴斥责我 |
[48:27] | -This is considerate? -Yes, this is considerate. | -这算是体贴 -对 这是体贴 |
[48:29] | Hey, and by the way, don’t give me that bullshit | 嘿 顺便一提 别跟我扯什么 |
[48:32] | about you not being a lesbian or bi or whatever. | 你不是同性恋或双性恋之类的废话 |
[48:36] | The walls in that house are pretty fucking thin. | 那个房间的墙很薄 |
[48:39] | I want you to think about what you’re doing and don’t. | 我要你想想你现在的行为 请你不要这样 |
[48:43] | I have had an awful, awful day, | 我今天过得很糟 |
[48:47] | and I cannot have you taking out your anger at Mom on me. | 你别把对妈妈的火发在我身上 |
[48:50] | No, no, no, Bradley. This anger belongs to you. | 不 布莱德莉 这火就是对你发的 |
[48:54] | Because everything, Bradley, is always about you! | 布莱德莉 因为一切总是以你为中心 |
[48:57] | Oh, my God! You are so full of shit! | 天啊 你真是满口胡说八道 |
[49:01] | Well, there you go. See what you did? | 好了 看看你干的好事 |
[49:03] | Someone’s complaining because you were yelling. | 有人来上门抱怨了 因为你大喊大叫 |
[49:05] | -Fuck you. -Very mature. | -你去死吧 -真成熟 |
[49:09] | Okay, you need to stop. It’s the CEO of the network. | 好了 你别闹了 这是电视网的首席执行官 |
[49:12] | I– So it’s somebody that actually matters. | 我…所以是真正重要的人 |
[49:14] | -Can you just shut the fuck up? -Fuck you. | -你能闭嘴吗 -你去死吧 |
[49:16] | -Fuck you. -Fuck you. | -你去死 -你去死 |
[49:17] | Shut up. Fuck you. | 闭嘴 你去死吧 哈尔 |
[49:21] | -Hey, Cory? -I’m sorry. I didn’t know you had company. | -嗨 科里 -抱歉 我不知道你这里有人 |
[49:25] | No. It’s just my brother. | 没事 只是我弟弟 |
[49:28] | Yeah. | 是 |
[49:31] | Maybe you should call The Vault. | 也许你该给金库网站打电话 |
[49:33] | Like, say we’re sleeping together. | 说我们上床了 |
[49:35] | It’d probably be more palatable for my Mom. | 那样可能更符合我妈的胃口 |
[49:39] | Gallows humor. It’s been a really hard day. | 黑色幽默 今天真的很难熬 |
[49:42] | Yeah, I’m so sorry about that. | 是 我很遗憾 |
[49:44] | It’s why I came down here. I wanted to tell you | 所以我才下楼来 我想告诉你 |
[49:46] | that as far as the network’s concerned, you don’t have to say anything at all. | 电视网那边 你什么都不必对他们说 |
[49:49] | True, not true, it doesn’t matter to us. | 此事是真是假我们都无所谓 |
[49:51] | -Thank you. -Yeah. | -谢谢 -是 |
[49:52] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[49:55] | I don’t know why somebody would publish something like that anyway. | 我不知道为什么有人会发表那样的文章 |
[50:01] | If you want to sue, the network will support you. | 如果你想告他们 电视网会支持你的 |
[50:05] | Well, no, I mean, I don’t think I want to sue. | 不 我不想告他们 |
[50:08] | It’s just sort of embarrassing because I feel like I’m– | 只是有点令人难堪 因为我感觉自己… |
[50:10] | No. Seriously. | 不 说真的 |
[50:12] | You don’t have to say anything to me. | 你什么都不必对我说 |
[50:15] | Okay? Obviously, you can. I’m always an ear for you, | 明白吗 当然了 你可以说 我总是愿意当你的听众 |
[50:18] | -but you don’t have to. -Okay. | -但你不是非说不可 -好 |
[50:22] | But Laura is great. | 但劳拉很优秀 |
[50:23] | Laura is great. She’s Laura fucking Peterson. | 劳拉是很优秀 她可是劳拉彼得森 |
[50:28] | Why was today so hard? | 今天怎么这么难熬啊 |
[50:31] | Why do I– Why do I care what those horrible people think about me? | 为什么我… 为什么我会在乎那些烂人怎么看我 |
[50:36] | Well, you– Who, the public? | 你…谁 公众吗 |
[50:40] | No, I mean my family. | 不 我是说我的家人 |
[50:47] | My roots are really rotten. | 我的家人都烂透了 |
[50:51] | -I got some pretty rotten roots, Cory. -Bradley. | -我的家人都好糟糕 科里 -布莱德莉 |
[50:56] | And then, by some miracle, | 然后奇迹出现了 |
[50:58] | I have this woman in my life that when I’m with her, | 我遇到了一位女性 我和她在一起时 |
[51:02] | I see what I should aspire to be. | 我看到了自己应该追求的东西 |
[51:04] | And then, when I’m with him… | 然后当我和他在一起时 |
[51:09] | I see who I really am. | 我看到了真正的自己 |
[51:16] | Hey, you are your own thing, okay? | 嘿 你和你的家人不一样 明白吗 |
[51:20] | And it’s working out pretty well for you. | 你活得挺不错的 |
[51:26] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[51:30] | Really. | 真的 |
[51:34] | Maybe… | 也许… |
[51:35] | Maybe it’s good that this is happening, you know? | 或许发生这种事也挺好 |
[51:37] | ‘Cause it’s gonna force me to say that I care about somebody. | 因为它会迫使我说出我在意某个人 |
[51:41] | ‘Cause I’ve never really done that before. | 因为我之前从没这么说过 |
[51:46] | ‘Cause you can lose something that you want. | 因为那样可能就会失去自己想要的人 |
[51:51] | And I do think I want Laura. | 我真的认为我想要劳拉 |
[51:55] | So maybe this is a good thing. | 所以也许这是件好事 |
[51:58] | Yeah. | 是 |
[52:00] | Well, it seems like you got a lot to think about. | 似乎你有很多事需要考虑 |
[52:03] | No. Actually, I think too much, and it’s sort of confusing, | 不 其实我考虑得太多了 反而有些迷惑 |
[52:06] | but this actually feels… | 但这次我感觉… |
[52:17] | I have a lot of clarity right now. | 心里的想法很明确 |
[52:20] | So thank you. | 所以谢谢你 |
[52:23] | Yeah. | 是 |
[52:25] | Of course. | 不客气 |
[52:27] | I’m glad that it worked out. | 我很高兴你想明白了 |
[52:30] | And just have a good night. | 祝你晚安 |
[52:33] | -Thanks. -Okay. | -谢谢 -好 |
[52:56] | You’re leaving tomorrow. | 你明天就走 |
[53:06] | Fuck you! | 你去死吧 |