英文名称:Charlotte's Web
年代:2006
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:12] | There was nothing special about Somerset County. | 萨默塞特郡没有什么特别之处 |
[01:15] | It was a deeply ordinary place. | 它只是一个极其普通的地方 |
[01:18] | No astonishing thing ever happened there. | 这儿从未发生过令人惊奇的事件 |
[01:22] | The people who lived there were just regular people. | 这儿的居民也都是普通人 |
[01:25] | And the animals… Well, they were just plain old animals. | 而这儿的动物… 它们也只是一群普普通通的动物 |
[01:30] | They didn’t question the order of things. | 它们从不怀疑事情的规律性 |
[01:35] | So, the days passed, one very much like the other. | 所以 日复一日 每天都一样 |
[01:40] | But, one spring, on a small farm, | 但某年春天 在一个小农庄里 |
[01:44] | a little girl did something, | 一个小女孩做了一件事 |
[01:47] | something that would change everything. | 一件改变这一切的事 |
[03:29] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛? |
[03:34] | Fern, go back to bed. | Fern 回到床上去睡觉 |
[03:36] | You’re not going to kill it, are you? | 你不会是要杀了它吧 啊? |
[03:38] | It’s a runt. Now, go back to bed. | 这只猪发育不良 你啊 回你床上去吧 |
[03:41] | No, it’s not fair! It can’t help being born small. | 不 这不公平! 它生下来就这么小 这不是它的错 |
[03:44] | Careful. | 小心点 |
[03:45] | If I’d been born small, would you have killed me? | 如果我生下来也很小 你会把我杀了吗? |
[03:48] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[03:50] | A little girl is one thing. A runty pig is another. | 小女孩和小猪可不是一回事 |
[03:55] | There’s no difference! This is unfair and unjust. | 这些没有区别! 这完全不公平 不公平 |
[04:00] | How could you be so heartless? | 你怎么能这么无情呢? |
[04:02] | Come here. I want to show you something. | 到这边来 我给你看点东西 |
[04:05] | You see that? You see? | 你看到那个了吗? 你看? |
[04:07] | There’s 11 pigs and only 10 teats. | 我们有11个小猪 但只有10个乳头 |
[04:11] | Sow can’t feed it, honey. | 亲爱的 那母猪喂不了它 |
[04:14] | Then I will. | 那我来喂 |
[04:22] | I’ll feed you and take care of you and… | 我要喂养你 照顾你 而且… |
[04:29] | absolutely will not let you kill him. | 我不会让你把它杀了 |
[04:47] | Hey! When did Fern get a pig? | 嘿! Fern什么时候得到了一只猪啊? |
[04:49] | Avery, it’s rude to point. Give me that. | Avery用弹弓指人不礼貌 把那个给我 |
[04:51] | Come, sit, eat your breakfast. The bus will be here any minute. | 过来坐下吃早饭吧 校车马上就要过来接你们了 |
[04:55] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[04:56] | Hey, Pop, can I have a pig, too? | 嘿 爸爸 我能像姐姐那样有一只小猪吗? |
[04:58] | No. I only give pigs to early risers. | 不能 我只将小猪送给早起的人 |
[05:01] | Fern was up before dawn, ridding the world of injustice. | Fern天不亮就起来了 对抗着这个不公平的世界 |
[05:06] | Fern, put that pig down and get to school. | Fern 把小猪放下来 上学去吧 |
[05:09] | Avery. | 嘿 Avery |
[05:11] | – See ya. – Bye, Pop. | – 再见 – 拜拜 爸爸 |
[05:13] | Have a good one, buddy. | 嘿 儿子 过的开心点! |
[05:16] | Says here we’re gonna get a lot of rain this month. | 预报说我们这周会有很多雨 |
[05:25] | Fern! Your books! | Fern 你的书! |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1140个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:181个,六级词汇:67个,GRE词汇:94个,托福词汇:127个,考研词汇:184个,专四词汇:153个,专八词汇:27个, 所有生词标注共:360个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:31] | Bye. | 再见 |
[05:33] | Class, these are some of the questions | 同学们 下面我给你们讲一些问题 |
[05:35] | that you’re likely to be asked in the exam this week. | 我讲讲你们在这周的考试中 将要遇到的问题 |
[05:40] | So, please take particular note of every one. | 那么 请你们针对每一个问题 都做好笔记 |
[05:48] | You got to be quiet, okay? | 你要保持安静 好吗? |
[05:49] | You’re gonna get me in trouble. | 否则你会给我带来麻烦的 |
[05:52] | Drink that. | 喝吧 嘘 |
[05:55] | So, it’s just a matter of following these questions | 那么 你们只要按照这些问题 |
[05:58] | and learning the answers. | 而学习这些问题的答案 |
[06:04] | Fern, what’s going on? | Fern 你在干什么啊? |
[06:06] | Nothing. | 没事呢 |
[06:10] | Fern, what’s in your desk? | Fern 你桌子里是什么? |
[06:12] | – Nothing. – Open it. | – 没什么 – 那你把桌子打开 |
[06:29] | Thank you, Mrs. Arable. | 谢谢 Arable老师 |
[06:31] | Fern, you know better. | Fern 你知道的啊 |
[06:34] | It’s a pig, okay? It’s not a toy, not a doll, not a baby. | 这是只小猪 好嘛? 它不是玩具 布娃娃 也不是婴儿 |
[06:38] | A pig. | 一只猪 |
[06:39] | And you need to start treating it like one. | 那你应该开始用对待猪的方式 来对待它 |
[06:50] | This is going too far. | 这样越来越离谱了 |
[06:59] | I know she loves animals, but you have to tell her. | 我知道她喜欢小动物 但是这不好 |
[07:01] | – I know. She’s just so happy with it. – I know. | – 我知道 但她看起来很开心 – 我知道 |
[07:13] | Doesn’t that feel good? | 感觉怎么样啊 小猪猪? |
[07:15] | Fern, I’m really sorry, honey, but it’s been long enough. | Fern 对不起 亲爱的 但你这样太久了 |
[07:18] | What? | 什么? |
[07:19] | Look, he’s not a baby anymore. | 瞧 它已经不是一头小猪了 |
[07:21] | I can’t have you keeping what will soon be a 300- pound pet around the house. | 我不能让你继续带着它在屋里了 它不久就会成为一头30磅重的大东西了 |
[07:24] | No. | 不行! |
[07:26] | Can’t he stay in the barn? Please, Dad? | 我能让它生活在谷仓里面吗? 爸爸 |
[07:30] | – No. – Please? | – 不行 – 求你了 行吗? |
[07:32] | No. Fern, look. You know I’ve been selling the animals | 不行 Fern 瞧 你知道的 我一直在卖这些动物 |
[07:34] | to get the new harvesting equipment. | 来买最新的收割机 |
[07:36] | Pretty soon there’s gonna be no place in the barn for a pig. | 不久之后 我们的谷仓就没有地方 容下一头猪了 |
[07:40] | l promised I’d take care of him. | 但我已经提出保证 我要照顾它了 |
[07:42] | Well, I’m letting you out of your promise. | 那样 我让你摆脱你的誓言 |
[07:44] | l didn’t promise you. I promised Wilbur. | 我又没有向你保证 我向Wilbur保证的 |
[07:49] | What about Homer? | 那Homer家怎么样呢呢? |
[07:51] | He has animals. | 他也养了动物 |
[07:53] | Uncle Homer? | Homer大叔? |
[07:56] | I’m sure he could make room for a pig. | 他那儿肯定有地方喂养这头猪 |
[08:04] | Yeah. | 行 |
[08:05] | He’d be right across the road. | 他就住在马路的另外一边 |
[08:21] | Go to sleep, my little one | 睡觉吧 小宝贝 |
[08:26] | The sun has said goodbye for now | 太阳已经说拜拜 |
[08:32] | The moon shines on your beautiful face | 月光照着你美丽的小脸 |
[08:41] | My mom used to sing that to me to make me feel safe. | 我妈以前总唱这首歌给我听 让我觉得安全 |
[08:45] | Good night, | 晚安 |
[08:49] | Wilbur. | Wilbur啊 |
[08:59] | Fern had walked across the road to her uncle’s barn hundreds of times before, | Fern曾过马路去她叔叔家不下一百次 |
[09:04] | but it had never feIt so far away. | 但从来没有感觉这么远过 |
[09:07] | It was just a big red barn full of typical stuff. | 那只不过是一个大的红色的谷仓 放着各种各样的东西 |
[09:14] | Come to think of it, it couldn’t have been more ordinary. | 过来想想它 它就是如此的平凡 |
[09:19] | But sometimes, when you take two ordinary things | 但有时候 当你手上有两样很 平凡的东西 |
[09:21] | and put them together at just the right time, | 而你将它们在正确的时间将它们 放在一起时 |
[09:24] | there’s a chance they’ll become two less ordinary things. | 有可能它们会变成两样 不太寻常的东西 |
[09:29] | That runty pig, for instance, and that big old smelly barn. | 比如说 那头矮小的猪 和那个红色有气味的谷仓 |
[09:33] | One sniff, and you knew it was a place full of living things. | 努力闻一次 你就会知道 那是一个有很多生物的地方 |
[09:38] | But that didn’t necessarily mean it was full of life. | 但这并不意味着它有满载生命气息 |
[09:41] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没关系 没关系 |
[09:42] | Nope. For that, this barn needed a pig. | 不 正因为如此 这个谷仓需要一头猪 |
[09:45] | This isn’t so bad. | 别害怕 |
[09:47] | Only no one knew it yet. | 只是暂时没有人知道而已 |
[09:49] | Don’t be afraid. | 别害怕 |
[09:55] | You’ll be okay. | 你会没事的 |
[10:02] | I’ll come see you every day. | 我每天都会过来看你的 |
[10:04] | I’ll be around so much you’ll be sick of me. | 我会经常来这看你的 你会想我的 |
[10:14] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[10:28] | Avery, the bus is here! | Avery 校车来了! |
[10:32] | – Did you remember your sister’s lunch? – Got it! | – 你带上你姐姐的午餐了吗? – 带了呢! |
[11:02] | What the hay? | 它在干什么啊? |
[11:03] | – What’s he doing? – Probably- obably something smart. | – 他在干嘛? – 大概在做什么”聪明”的事情吧 |
[11:06] | – Pigs are smart. – Pigs are not smart! | – 猪也很聪明的呢 – 猪哪儿会聪明呀? |
[11:09] | Apparently, they’re as intelligent as dolphins. | 显然 它们像海豚一样聪明 |
[11:12] | Advantage dolphin. | 比海豚还聪明呢 |
[11:14] | – He’s going to knock himseIf out. – Yeah! That’s using your head! | – 他会把他自己撞晕的 – 加油! 用你的头冲啊! |
[11:17] | How many times is he going to try that? | 他会那样试几次呢? |
[11:21] | – Pig’s out! – I told you pigs are smart. | – 那只猪跑出去了! – 我告诉过你猪很聪明吧 |
[11:23] | That’s going to leave a mark. | 那可是一项新记录啊 |
[11:26] | – Oh, look, Bits. Pig’s out. – Sure is out. | – Bits 快看啊 那猪跑出去了 – 是啊 出去了 |
[11:29] | Out of his mind! | 真没想到! |
[11:35] | Homer! | Homer啊! |
[11:38] | Lurvy! | Lurvy啊! |
[11:40] | – Pig’s out! – Pig’s out, pig’s out, pig’s out! | – 猪跑出来了! – 猪跑出来了 猪跑出来了 跑出来了! |
[11:42] | – How about you walk a little faster? – Wait your turn! | – 你能再走快一点不? – 别急啊 排队! |
[11:45] | Wait! Wait! Fern, come back! | 等等! 等一下! Fern 回来! |
[11:49] | Just run! | 快跑啊! |
[11:50] | Run, pig! Be free! I would if I could. | 跑啊 小猪! 获得自由! 如果能够 我也会这么做的 |
[11:54] | Retreat! | 撤退! |
[11:55] | – Retreat! – Don’t retreat, pig! Giddyup! | – 撤退! – 别回来 小猪! 快跑! |
[11:58] | – Oh, no! Not the smokehouse! – No! Not the smokehouse! | – 噢 不!别去熏制房! – 别! 别去那儿! |
[12:04] | – ls he looking? – Yeah, he’s seen it. | – 他在看着吗? – 对啊 它看到了呢 |
[12:07] | – Think he knows what it is? – Of course not. | – 他知道那是什么吗? – 当然不知道 |
[12:09] | He’s a spring pig. He doesn’t know anything. | 他是只童子猪 他什么也不知道 |
[12:13] | Here, pig, pig, pig! | 来这儿 小猪!小猪猪! |
[12:18] | Don’t fall for it. You’re out. | 别傻了啊 你都已经出去了! |
[12:22] | And you’re back in. | 哈哈 你又回来了 |
[12:24] | Here you go, piggy. | 过来 小猪猪 |
[12:26] | Attaboy. Eat it up. | 好样的 把这些吃光 |
[12:28] | Sold out for slop. I’d have been to the county line by now. | 如果不是你为了猪食回来 我现在都已经到郡外了 |
[12:32] | He’d have made it if you’d have just let me talk. | 如果你让我和他说话 他应该成功跑出去了 |
[12:35] | – Made it to where? He’s a pig! – He’s a pig. | – 让它去哪儿? 它只是一头猪啊 – 它是猪 没错 |
[12:38] | Sorry I made such a fuss. Your suggestions were really good, | 对不起 我造成了混乱 你的建议真的很好噢 |
[12:42] | but I think I’d better stay here. Fern’s going to be back soon, anyway. | 但我最好还是待在这儿 反正Fern不久就会回来了 |
[12:45] | He’s just stupid as a stick, poor thing. | 他真是呆的像木头一样 可怜的小东西 |
[12:48] | – Should we speak to him? – Certainly not! | – 我们应该和他说话吗? – 当然不! |
[12:50] | Certainly not. | 当然不! |
[12:51] | Sweetheart, it sounded- ounded almost like you said | 亲爱的 刚刚我似乎听到你说 |
[12:54] | you’d run and be free if you could. | 如果可以 你应该跑出去获得自由 |
[12:56] | I meant if I were a pig. | 我的意思是 如果我是猪的话 |
[12:59] | You know what happens to pigs around here. | 你也知道这附近的猪的遭遇 |
[13:01] | Yes, I do. And it should never, ever be spoken of. | 是啊 我知道 并且我们应该不要提起这事情 |
[13:16] | I’m gonna miss you today. | 我今天就会想你的 |
[13:18] | See you when I get back, okay? | 我回来再见 好吗? |
[13:23] | All right, I gotta go, okay? See you later. | 好的 我要走了 好嘛? 回头见 |
[13:33] | Bye. | 再见 |
[13:50] | Goodbye, Fern. Hurry back. | 再见 Fern 快回来噢 |
[13:57] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[13:59] | My name’s Wilbur. | 我叫Wirbur |
[14:01] | Anyone want to play? | 有谁玩吗? |
[14:03] | Anyone? | 有人没? |
[14:06] | It’s raining, you know. And you know what you get with rain? | 现在下雨呢 你知道 你知道在雨天会发生什么吗? |
[14:06] | It’s raining, you know. And you know what you get with rain? | 现在下雨呢 你知道 你知道在雨天会有什么吗? |
[14:09] | – Lightning. – Typhoons. | – 闪电 – 台风 |
[14:11] | – Cholera. – Dysentery. | – 霍乱 – 痢疾 |
[14:12] | – Frizzy hair. – That sad feeling. | – 卷发 – 悲伤 |
[14:14] | No, mud! | 不是 烂泥 |
[14:15] | What the heck is he doing now? | 他现在到底在做什么啊? |
[14:18] | Hey, come on. You wanna join me? Come on! Let’s go! | 嘿 来啊 想和我一起玩吗 来啊 来啊 |
[14:20] | Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go! | 去吧 去吧 让我们去玩吧 |
[14:22] | Let’s not. How many times must I tell you? | 不行 让我给你们说多少次啊? |
[14:25] | Just because we’re sheep, it doesn’t mean we have to follow. | 我们是羊 没错 并不意味着我们要跟从 |
[14:29] | Think for yourselves. | 你们自己好好想想吧 |
[14:31] | – Yourselves. Quite right! – Look at me! | – 你自己 对啊! – 看着我! |
[14:32] | – No, no, no. Yourselves. – Myself? | – 不对 不对 是你自己 – 我自己? |
[14:36] | Hey, kid, this is a barn. We don’t play, we work. | 嘿 孩子 这是谷仓 我们不玩的 我们工作 |
[14:39] | – Some of us, anyway. – Some of us? | – 我们只有一部分工作呢 – 我们中的一部分? |
[14:41] | Are you implying, lke, that we don’t work? | 那你在暗示 Ike 我们羊不工作? |
[14:44] | Because we work bloody hard, thank you! | 因为我们很勤奋地工作呢 谢谢! |
[14:48] | Hard? You grow hair! | 勤奋? 你就是长羊毛的而已啊! |
[14:51] | Grow hair. Good one! | “长羊毛” 说得好! |
[14:53] | Excuse me. | 打搅一下 |
[14:55] | And is that your contribution to society, you gassy rib eyes? | 那这就是你对这个社会的贡献了? 你这个唠唠叨叨的牛里脊肉? |
[14:59] | Filthy hairball! | 脏兮兮的毛团! |
[15:01] | – Rib eyes! – Dirty lintball! | – 牛里脊! – 脏毛团! |
[15:03] | Zip it. | 闭嘴 |
[15:04] | – They’re at it again. – Rib eyes! Rib eyes! | – 他们又吵起来了 – 牛里脊! 牛里脊! |
[15:05] | It’s really slippery. That’s the fun part! | 这儿很滑 这是最好玩的呢! |
[15:08] | Little itty- bitty pig, could you come here, please? | 可爱的小猪猪啊 你能到这边来一下吗? |
[15:13] | You said your name is Wilbur, right? | 你说你叫Wilbur 对吗? |
[15:15] | That’s right. What’s your name? | 对啊 那你叫什么名字呢? |
[15:17] | – Gussy. – Gussy? | – 我叫Gussy – 啊Gussy? |
[15:18] | – Great name! – Thank you, Wilbur. | – 好名字啊! – 谢谢你 Wilbur |
[15:21] | Now, you’re so cute and pink, | 你很可爱 粉嘟嘟的 |
[15:23] | but you’re wasting your time. | 但你在浪费你的时间呢 |
[15:25] | These animals won’t play. | 这些动物是不会玩的 |
[15:26] | – What about you? – Me? | – 那你呢? – 我? |
[15:28] | Well, I have to stay on my eggs. | 唉 我要一直待在我的蛋上边 |
[15:30] | Oh, wow! Look at that! | 噢 看看啊! 真好! |
[15:33] | Otherwise, of course, I’d love to play. | 不然的话 当然我也喜欢玩 |
[15:35] | So, why can’t you play? | 那么 你为什么不能玩呢? |
[15:37] | Because what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. | 应为对雌鹅好的事也对雄鹅好 |
[15:41] | What about the rest of you? Don’t any of you like to play? | 那你们其他这些人呢? 你们没有一个人想玩吗? |
[15:44] | Can’t play on three empty stomachs. | 我肚子好饿啊 不能玩 |
[15:46] | Well, for us there’s this whole smell- of- wet- wool business. Ghastly! | 对我们来说 出去玩会弄得毛脏兮兮 难闻得很 可怕啊! |
[15:50] | See? I’m afraid it’s just not a play kind of place. | 看到没? 这儿不是玩的地方呢 |
[15:54] | But you’re all friends, right? | 但你们都是朋友 对吗? |
[15:55] | Sure. We’ve been here together our whole lives. | 当然 我们在这儿一起待了一辈子了 |
[15:58] | I’m not so sure being in the same place is the same as being friends. | 我不认为待在一个地方 就一定能会是好朋友 |
[16:07] | I’m not hungry. I just wanted someone to play with me. | 我不饿 我只想找个人陪我玩 |
[16:12] | What’s that? | 那是什么啊? |
[16:14] | What is… | 什么… |
[16:18] | Could it be? | 难道是? |
[16:20] | Slops! | 猪食! |
[16:22] | Oh, joy. It seems the pig slop has brought out the rodent. | 哈 好玩 看样子猪饲料把老鼠给引上来了 |
[16:26] | Moldy cheese. Oh, yeah. | 霉奶酪 好耶! |
[16:31] | Did I have salami last night? | 我昨晚吃了意大利香肠没? |
[16:36] | Yep. I guess I did. | 嗯 我想我吃了 |
[16:38] | – Oh, charming. – Disgusting creature! | – 哦 好可爱啊 – 恶心的东西 |
[16:41] | Hi, there. | 你好啊 |
[16:44] | Oh, you’re a pig. | 噢 你是猪 |
[16:47] | You’re a pig. | 你是头猪啊 |
[16:49] | Pig equals slop. | 有猪才有猪饲料嘛 |
[16:52] | The rat is happy. | 老鼠很高兴 |
[16:54] | My name’s Wilbur. | 我叫Wilbur |
[16:56] | Do you have a name? Or is it just “the rat”? | 你有名字吗? 还是只是叫”老鼠”? |
[17:04] | Did you say “just the rat”? | 你刚刚说我”只是老鼠”? |
[17:07] | For your information, pig, the rat rules. | 告诉你 小猪 老鼠是王道 |
[17:10] | We were here long before your kind, and we’ll be here long after. | 我们比你们这些动物早很久来这儿 而你们挂了之后 我们还会在这儿 |
[17:14] | So, you just keep that in mind | 所以 你要记住这个 |
[17:16] | next time you feel like reducing me to “just the rat.” | 下次你想贬我”只是老鼠”的时候 记住我刚刚说的 |
[17:19] | You called yourseIf “the rat.” | 你自己刚刚叫自己”老鼠”啊 |
[17:21] | I can call me that. You can’t. | 我可以这么叫我自己 但你不能 |
[17:25] | So you don’t have a name? | 那你难道没有一个名字吗? |
[17:28] | Of course I do. It’s Templeton. | 当然我有名字 我叫Templeton |
[17:31] | Templeton? Great name! | Templeton? 好名字啊! |
[17:33] | – Oh, gee, thanks. – Hey! You want to play, Templeton? | – 噢 好的 谢谢 – 嘿 Templeton 你想一起玩不? |
[17:36] | For so many reasons, no. | 有太多原因 不! |
[17:40] | See, I don’t play. | 瞧 我不玩 |
[17:43] | l gnaw, I spy, I eat, I hide. Me in a nutshell. | 我啃 我探 我吃 我躲 我在坚果壳里 |
[17:46] | Couldn’t you just stay and chat? | 那你能待下来聊天吗? |
[17:48] | Chat? Let me see. | 聊天? 我看看 |
[17:51] | Gnaw, spy, eat, hide. | 啃 探 吃 躲 |
[17:54] | Nope, “chat” ain’t on the list. | 不行 聊天不在名单上 |
[18:04] | The rat is handsome. | 我真是帅死了 嘿嘿 |
[18:33] | Tonight I dream of slop! | 今晚 我会梦到猪食的 |
[18:40] | Fern, you are not going to see that pig again. It’s too late. | Fern 你今天别去看小猪了 太晚了 |
[18:44] | But he’s expecting me! | 但他等着我呢! |
[18:45] | And I’m expecting you to finish your homework and go straight to bed. | 我等着你做完作业 直接去睡觉 |
[18:49] | But, Mom, I always tell him good night! | 但是 妈妈 我总是要给他说晚安的 |
[18:51] | – Not tonight. – He can’t sleep if I don’t. | – 今晚不行 – 如果我不给他说晚安 他睡不着的 |
[18:57] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:59] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[19:02] | Good night! | 晚安 |
[19:03] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[19:05] | Huh? Who said that? | 嗯? 谁在说话呢? |
[19:09] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[19:10] | Where are you? Are you invisible? | 你在哪儿? 你是隐身人? |
[19:13] | No, I’m nocturnal, | 不是 我是夜行动物呢 |
[19:15] | which means I work at night, when you should be sleeping. | 就是说我在晚上工作 而你则应该在这个时候睡觉 |
[19:18] | Now, I need to concentrate, so, good night. | 现在 我要集中注意工作了 你得睡觉了 |
[19:22] | But I can’t sleep now! Please, tell me who you are. | 但我现在睡不着啊 请你告诉我你是谁好吗? |
[19:26] | I’m just really lonely. | 我只是很孤独 |
[19:29] | So I’ve seen. | 我知道呢 |
[19:30] | Look, you seem like a very nice pig, so I’ll tell you what. | 瞧 你看起来像一个非常可爱的猪宝宝 让我告诉你 |
[19:35] | If you go to sleep right now and let me work, | 如果你现在安心睡觉 让我工作 |
[19:37] | we can converse tomorrow. | 我们明天可以交谈哦 |
[19:39] | – Converse? – I think your word was “chat.” | – 交谈? – 我觉得按你的话 应该说”聊天” |
[19:43] | Oh. Great! All right. | 哦 不错! 晚安! |
[19:46] | Good night. Good night. Good night. | 晚安! 晚安! 晚安! |
[19:52] | Good night. | 晚安! |
[20:03] | Okay, he still hasn’t moved. | 天啦 他还在那儿一动不动 |
[20:06] | We’ve been here one, wait, two… | 我们在这儿已经一 等等 二… |
[20:10] | We’ve been here a long time, Elwyn, and that guy ain’t moving! | 我们在这儿待了很久了 Elwyn 那家伙一动也不动 |
[20:14] | He’s like a freak of nature. | 他简直就是自然界的怪胎 |
[20:17] | I’m dying, man. I’ve got to get some corn! | 我要死了 大哥 我要弄点玉米吃 |
[20:19] | I know, Brooksie. Just be patient. | 我知道呢 Brooksie 耐心点 |
[20:26] | Come on. | 过来啊 |
[20:28] | Come on. | 快点啊 |
[20:30] | Just a little further. | 再移过来一点点啊 |
[20:36] | Okay, it’s morning! | 好了 早上到了 |
[20:38] | – Hey, Bits, I wasn’t drooling, was I? – Suck it up, Bets. | – 嘿 Bits 我没有流口水吧 啊? – 舔干净 Bets |
[20:41] | Would whoever addressed me last night kindly make yourseIf known? | 昨天晚上是谁和我说话? 能让我见见吗? |
[20:44] | What luck! An early riser, and he has things he needs to say. | 真幸运! 我们这来了个早起的 而且他有话要说 |
[20:49] | Yeah, loud things. | 是啊 很大声地说话 |
[20:51] | I’m speaking to whoever spoke to me last night. | 我正给昨晚陪我聊天的人说话呢 |
[20:54] | l suppose that would be me. | 我觉得那就是我哦 |
[20:56] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[20:57] | – I can’t see you. – Up here, in the corner. | – 我看不到你啊 – 往上看看 在这个角落 |
[21:01] | The other corner. | 另一个角落 |
[21:04] | I’m sorry. I stilI can’t see you. | 对不起 我还是看不见你啊 |
[21:07] | Move a little closer. I’ll come down. | 走过来一点 我这就下来 |
[21:23] | Hi. You’re a… | 好啊 你是… |
[21:26] | Look, I’ve got a long day ahead of me and I’m trying to get a little… | 瞧 我今天又有漫长的一天 而且我正试着… |
[21:28] | Spider! Spider! Get it away from me! | 蜘蛛! 蜘蛛! 离我远点 |
[21:30] | Get it away! Get it away! | 离远点! 离远点! |
[21:33] | All right, keep your distance there. | 好的 保持你距离 |
[21:35] | – That thing is creepy. – Golly! You’re not being rude, are you? | – 那东西爬着走 – 天哪! 你怎么能这么粗鲁呢 啊? |
[21:38] | No, no, no. I meant “creepy” in a nice way. You know, creepy good. | 没有呢 没有 我说的”爬”是褒义词 知道不? 爬着好 |
[21:43] | Disgusting! | 恶心死了! |
[21:44] | – They eat their menfolk, you know. – I know! | – 母蜘蛛吃公蜘蛛 你知道的 – 是啊 |
[21:46] | Well? Still want to chat, or are you gonna join them? | 嗯? 还想聊天? 还是你加入他们的行列 |
[21:50] | I’ve never met a spider before. | 我以前从来没有见过蜘蛛呢 |
[21:53] | Did you make that? | 那是你做的? |
[21:55] | ls that what you were concentrating on last night? | 那就是昨晚你专心制作的东西? |
[21:57] | – Yes. – It’s amazing. | – 是的 – 真了不起 |
[22:01] | Think you could teach me how to make one of those? | 能教我做吗? |
[22:07] | Hold that thought, please. | 请过会儿再谈 |
[22:12] | – What are you doing? – Making breakfast. | – 你在干嘛? – 做早餐 |
[22:14] | – Oh, boy. – Relax. | – 噢 好家伙 – 别紧张 |
[22:16] | First, I give him a little nip to anesthetize him, | 首先 我给他扎一针 把他麻醉了 |
[22:20] | so he’ll be more comfortable. | 他就会感觉舒服点 |
[22:21] | It’s a little service I throw in. | 这是我额外奉送的一点服务 |
[22:23] | Then I wrap him up. | 其次我把他裹起来 |
[22:25] | Then I just say grace because, well, that’s always nice, | 然后我就说声大慈大悲 因为这种做法总是显得有素养 |
[22:29] | and he’ll make a perfectly delicious meal. | 而且他会变成一顿极佳的美餐 |
[22:31] | So, you eat flies? | 这么说 你是吃苍蝇的吗? |
[22:34] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[22:37] | l drink their blood. | 我饮用他们的血液 |
[22:41] | – Lying down on the job, eh? – Fainted like a girl. | – 当班时居然躺下来 啊? – 像个娘们似的昏过去了 |
[22:43] | That’s disgusting. | 真令人作呕 |
[22:45] | Well, that’s easy for you to say. | 唷 你说的倒轻巧 |
[22:48] | You have all your meals brought to you in a pail. | 一日三餐都会有人 提着饭桶来为你送饭 |
[22:51] | l don’t get that kind of royal treatment. | 我可享受不了这种贵族待遇 |
[22:53] | l am a trapper. | 我是个诱捕大师 |
[22:54] | l have to catch my food. Which is why I make my home near you. | 我得自己猎取食物 这就是我把家安你附近的原因 |
[22:58] | – Please don’t hurt me. – Well, since you said “please.” | – 请别伤害我 – 好吧 既然你说了”请” |
[23:04] | And just imagine how many bugs there would be in this barn, | 想想看这个畜棚里有多少虫子 |
[23:07] | no, actually, in the world, | 不 事实上 应该说在这个世界上 |
[23:09] | if spiders didn’t catch them. | 如果蜘蛛不抓虫子的话 |
[23:11] | lnsects would take over the planet! | 昆虫就会占领这个星球! |
[23:13] | The way I see it, I’m doing everyone a favor. | 在我看来 我是在造福大家 |
[23:16] | Except for the fly. | 除了苍蝇 |
[23:19] | Yes. Except for the fly. | 是的 除了苍蝇 |
[23:25] | I thinknow is the time for me to say salutations. | 现在我该和你打招呼了 |
[23:29] | What? | 什么? |
[23:31] | Salutations. | 打招呼 |
[23:33] | Okay. I’ll leave. | 好吧 我走了 |
[23:35] | No, Wilbur. | Wilbur 不 |
[23:37] | “Salutations” is just a fancy way of saying hello. | “Salutations” 是你好的漂亮说法 |
[23:41] | Oh! Hello. | 噢 你好 |
[23:44] | Hey, you know my name! What’s yours? | 嘿 你知道我名字! 你叫什么名字呢? |
[23:48] | My name? | 我的名字? |
[23:49] | My name is Charlotte. Charlotte A. Cavatica. | 我叫 Charlotte Charlotte A. Cavatica |
[23:53] | Charlotte. Great name! | Charlotte 好名字! |
[23:56] | Thank you. I’ve always thought so. | 谢谢 我也这么认为的 |
[23:59] | Hey, since you’ve said… | 嘿 自从你说过… |
[24:02] | You know, that word, | 你知道的 那个词 |
[24:04] | does that mean we’re friends? | 意味着我们是朋友吗? |
[24:08] | l suppose it does. | 我想是的 |
[24:09] | Yeah! | 耶! |
[24:14] | Golly, go see what’s going- oing on over there. | Golly 去看看那边发生什么事了 |
[24:17] | What’s going- oing… Hey, kid, what’s going on over here? | 发生什么事了… 嘿 孩子 这儿出什么事了? |
[24:21] | Oh, sorry. I just made a new friend, that’s all. | 噢 对不起 我刚交了个新朋友 就这么回事 |
[24:25] | The spider. Oh, yeah. Good choice. | 蜘蛛 不错的选择 |
[24:28] | Yeah, perfect. | 没错 绝对理想 |
[24:31] | You picked someone even more despised than me. | 与你相比 你挑的朋友更被大家瞧不起 |
[24:34] | Why would anyone despise Charlotte? | 为什么大家会瞧不起Charlotte? |
[24:37] | She made that amazing web, and she keeps bugs out of the barn. | 她织了那个了不起的网 而且杜绝了虫子进入畜棚 |
[24:41] | Look at her. I mean, don’t you think she’s a little… | 看看她 你不认为她是只小… |
[24:44] | What’s the word? | 是什么词呢? |
[24:49] | I thinkshe’s beautiful. | 我认为她很美 |
[24:52] | l beg your pardon. She is hideous! | 你再说一遍 她是可怕的! |
[24:55] | Are we even seeing the same ruddy creature? | 我们有见过相同的红色生物吗? |
[24:59] | l guess not. | 我想没有 |
[25:04] | Hopeless. | 无药可救了 |
[25:07] | What a sorry little friendship that’s going to be. | 真可惜 友谊将渐渐黯淡 |
[25:12] | There’s an old expression that says that ignorance is bliss, | 有句老话说 不知即为福 |
[25:16] | and I’m inclined to believe it’s true, | 我坚信这是真的 |
[25:20] | because, on that late spring day, | 因为 在那晚春时节 |
[25:21] | Wilbur was as happy as a pig could be. | Wilbur像一只真正的猪那样快乐 |
[25:25] | And those spring days rolled into summer days, | 春去夏至 |
[25:29] | days filled with endless conversation | 每天充斥着无休止的闲扯 |
[25:32] | between the two unlikeliest of friends. | 这一切发生在 两个长相南辕北辙的朋友之间 |
[25:34] | Charlotte, what’s a spring pig? | Charlotte 什么是童子猪? |
[25:37] | A pig who was born in the spring. | 春天诞生的猪 |
[25:39] | Oh. And I thought it meant bouncy. | 噢 我以为是活力四射的意思呢 |
[25:41] | That would be a springy pig. | 那应该叫欢乐猪 |
[25:45] | After Mrs. Mallard had laid eight eggs in the nest, | 自从Mallard夫人在窝里 下了八个蛋以后 |
[25:48] | she couldn’t go to visit Michael anymore, | 她就再也不能去看Michael了 |
[25:50] | because she had to sit on the eggs to keep them warm. | 因为她必须孵着蛋 来为它们保温 |
[25:53] | She moved off the nest only to get a drink of water, or to have her lunch, | 她唯有喝水或吃饭的时候才会离开窝 |
[25:57] | or to count the eggs and make sure they were all there. | 或者是数一下蛋蛋 确保蛋没丢失 |
[26:00] | One day, the ducklings hatched out. First came Jack, then Kack… | 有一天 小鸭子孵出来了 Jack先来 Kack随后也到了… |
[26:05] | Yeah! Yeah! This is going to be great! | 耶! 耶! 真是太棒了! |
[26:07] | – Wilbur, what on earth are you doing? – You’ll see. | – Wilbur 你到底在干嘛呢? – 你会知道的 |
[26:11] | That feels marvelous! | 感觉太舒服了! |
[26:13] | Yes, over to the left a bit. Ah, yes. | 对 左边多来点 对 |
[26:16] | ls that a breeze I feel? I’m 10 pounds lighter! | 我感觉到的是席席微风吗? 我轻了10磅! |
[26:20] | – I’m next! – I’m next! | – 下一个是我! – 下一个是我! |
[26:21] | – I’m next! – I’m next, too! | – 下一个是我! – 我也要排到下一个! |
[26:22] | – Looking pretty good, huh? – Sure is. | – 看起来还不错吧 啊? – 当然 |
[26:25] | Hi, there. Are you new to the barn? I’m Wilbur. | 嗨 那边的伙计 你是新来的吗? 我叫Wilbur |
[26:29] | Wilbur, it’s me. | Wilbur 是我 |
[26:31] | Me? Great name! | “我”? 好名字啊! |
[26:33] | No, me. Me! Samuel! The sheep! | 不 是我 我! Samuel! 绵羊! |
[26:36] | Wow! What happened to you? | 哇! 你这是怎么啦? |
[26:44] | The world’s first pig web! Ta- da! | 世界上第一个猪网! 哒哒! |
[26:48] | I thinkyou’d better leave the web- spinning to me. | 我觉得你最好 把织网的工作交给我来做 |
[26:51] | After weeks and weeks, | 一周又一周就这么过去了 |
[26:53] | and I’m talking about some long weeks of waiting and expecting, | 这么久以来 我一直在谈论着等待和期盼 |
[26:58] | all the hard work has finally paid off. | 所有艰苦的工作 终究还是圆满完工了 |
[27:03] | Wow! Look at them! They were eggs, | 哇! 看看他们! 他们以前居然是蛋 |
[27:06] | and now they’re… They’re just… Look at them! | 而现在他们是… 他们就是… 看看他们! |
[27:08] | Wow, Gussy, you did a really terrific job! | 哇 Gussy 你完成了一项十分惊人的工作! |
[27:11] | They don’t call me Mother Goose for nothing. | 他们没有白叫我鹅妈妈 |
[27:13] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[27:15] | Would you look at that! | 看呐! |
[27:18] | Yes, thank you, thank you! | 好的 谢谢 谢谢! |
[27:20] | It wasn’t easy, but I managed. | 虽然不容易 但我还是成功了 |
[27:22] | You managed? | 你成功了吗? |
[27:24] | I’m kidding, honey. We managed. | 亲爱的 我开玩笑呢 我们成功了 |
[27:27] | Six, seven. Weren’t there eight eggs? | 六个 七个 第八个蛋到哪去拉? |
[27:31] | Could this be a dud? | 难道这个是死蛋? |
[27:33] | Golly! Golly! | 啊Golly! Golly啊! |
[27:35] | – Golly! – Whoa! | – Golly! – 喔! |
[27:37] | Whoa, there, Father Goose! I’m just trying to help the happy couple. | 喔 鹅爸爸! 我不过是想帮帮这幸福的小朋友 |
[27:41] | What do you want with a rotten egg, anyway? | 不管怎样 你要这只臭蛋做什么? |
[27:43] | l want a rotten egg | 我想要一只臭蛋 |
[27:46] | for the simple reason that… You never know. | 简单的说是为了… 你不会懂的 |
[27:49] | This one didn’t make it. | 这只蛋没能破壳而出 |
[27:51] | I thinkwe have to let it go. | 我们不得不随它去了 |
[27:54] | Oh, take it! | 噢 拿走吧! |
[27:55] | And add it to that nasty- asty collection of yours. | 和你那些恶心的收藏品放一块儿去 |
[28:00] | Last one out is a rotten egg! | 这只居然是只臭蛋! |
[28:04] | – Well, I thought it was funny. – I should have pecked him! | – 我觉得很有趣 – 我应该用嘴啄你! |
[28:06] | Don’t you break that egg, rat. | 老鼠 你别把蛋打碎了 |
[28:07] | A broken rotten egg would make this barn stink to high heaven. | 打碎的臭蛋会把这畜棚 熏的臭气满天飞 |
[28:10] | That would be a change. | 那将是个改变 |
[28:12] | Why are you laughing, Bits? He just said we stink. | Bits 你为什么要笑? 他刚刚说我们臭 |
[28:15] | Oh, yeah. This is good. This will come in handy. | 噢耶 不错 这个早晚能派上用场 |
[28:23] | You really are a handsome devil. | 你可真是个帅气的恶棍 |
[28:28] | Oh, boy. | 噢 好家伙 |
[28:50] | Egg- xactly! | 真是个蛋蛋! |
[29:01] | Saw a big old spider in the doorway! Gonna go catch it! | 我看见门口有一只又大又老的蜘蛛! 快去抓它! |
[29:04] | No, Avery! Come back here! | 不 Avery! 回来! |
[29:06] | – Here, spidey- spidey. – You can’t do that! | – 这儿 蜘蛛 蜘蛛 – 你不能这么做! |
[29:10] | Stop! | 住手! |
[29:15] | – Gotcha! – No, no, Avery! | – 抓住你了! – Avery 不 不! |
[29:18] | Wilbur, no! Come on, Wilbur, get off! | Wilbur 不! 别吵 Wilbur 走开! |
[29:22] | Wilbur, Wilbur, why did you do that? | Wilbur Wilbur 你干嘛要这么做? |
[29:25] | Avery! No! | Avery! 不! |
[29:38] | That stinks! | 真臭! |
[29:40] | Oh, that is gross. | 噢 太粗野了 |
[29:47] | Man, is that you? | 伙计 是你在放屁吗? |
[29:48] | No. I smell a smell, though. Think it’s scary guy? | 不 但我闻到一股味道 难道是那个胆小鬼? |
[29:52] | – He’s trying to stink us away from the… – Corn! | – 他想臭死我们 居然飘自于这么远的… – Corn! |
[29:59] | Guess the yolk’s on me. | 蛋黄洒了我一身 |
[30:03] | That is one ripe egg. | 这是个熟蛋 |
[30:07] | That stinks good! | 臭气到还挺好闻的! |
[30:10] | That is disgusting! | 真恶心! |
[30:13] | – We told you not to break that egg. – Now look what you’ve done, rat! | – 跟你说过不要把蛋打碎 – 老鼠 你看你干的好事 |
[30:17] | It saved Charlotte, didn’t it? | 不是救了Charlotte一命吗? |
[30:19] | Yeah, ingrates. I saved the leggy lady’s life. | 忘恩负义的家伙 我救了长腿女士的命 |
[30:23] | – You mean that as a good thing, right? – Of course. | – 你是说那是好事咯 是吗? – 当然 |
[30:26] | l do have a few eyes, you know, | 你知道 我眼光不准 |
[30:28] | and I think Wilbur did most of the saving. | 我认为Wilbur才是救星 |
[30:30] | I know. lronic, isn’t it? | 我知道 很讽刺 难道不是吗? |
[30:32] | He’s saving you, and they’re saving him for Christmas. | 他救了你 他们准备留着他过圣诞节呢 |
[30:36] | Templeton! Templeton! | |
[30:37] | What’s Christmas? | 什么是圣诞节? |
[30:40] | The day you’ll be cured. | 你被开刀的那天 |
[30:43] | But I’m not sick. | 但是我没生病啊 |
[30:45] | l didn’t say you were sick. | 我没说你有病 |
[30:46] | – Uh- oh. That was a mistake. – Yep. Typical rat. | – 啊噢 误解 – 嗯 典型的老鼠 |
[30:50] | What? You’re going to lie to the future football here? Okay. | 什么? 你们打算 对未来的玩弄品撒谎吗? 好吧 |
[30:54] | But it’s a sad statement when I’m the most honest guy in the place. | 悲哀的是 我居然是这里最诚实的家伙 |
[30:58] | Templeton, what are you talking about? | Templeton 你说些什么呢? |
[31:01] | Come winter, the farmer will be checking you | 冬天一到 农场主就要… |
[31:03] | into the old smokehouse hotel. | 到古老的腌制屋来看你了 |
[31:07] | And the only checking out that happens is when people gather around and say, | 人们聚在一起时 唯一会检查和说起的是 |
[31:12] | Check out that yummy sausage. | 去看看好吃的腊肠 |
[31:15] | Check out that sizzling bacon. | 去看看烤的滋滋响的熏肉 |
[31:21] | So, that’s what that is for. | 如此说来 这就是原因 |
[31:24] | Ain’t for roasting chestnuts. | 他们不是为了看炒栗子而去的 |
[31:28] | He wouldn’t. Humans love pigs. | 不会的 人类喜爱猪 |
[31:32] | Well, they love pork. | 他们喜欢猪排 |
[31:36] | Well, this is awkward, isn’t it? | 这是个棘手的问题 不是吗? |
[31:39] | Charlotte! | 嘿Charlotte! |
[31:41] | Charlotte, is it true? | Charlotte 这是真的吗? |
[31:43] | Wilbur, few spring pigs get to see the snows of winter. | Wilbur 很少有童子猪能看到冬雪的 |
[31:47] | No! I can’t believe this. I won’t believe it. | 不! 我不信 我不信 |
[31:50] | – Oh, Wilbur. – It isn’t fair! | – 噢 Wilbur – 那不公平! |
[31:52] | – I want to live! I want to see the snow! – And you will. | – 我想活下去!我要看看雪! – 你会看到的 |
[31:56] | I’m making you a promise right now. I am not going to let them kill you. | 我现在向你保证 我不会让他们伤害你的 |
[32:00] | You’re a spider. You’re little. They’re huge! | 你是蜘蛛 你这么弱小 他们这么强大! |
[32:03] | How are you going to stop them? | 你打算怎么阻止他们呢? |
[32:05] | l have no idea. But it’s a promise, | 我不知道 但那是个承诺 |
[32:08] | and promises are something I never break. | 我从不违背承诺 |
[32:11] | Just don’t you worry about it, Wilbur. | Wilbur 你就不用担心了 |
[32:13] | Besides, it’s a long time until Christmas. | 况且 离圣诞节还是很长一段时间呢 |
[32:18] | Okay, Charlotte. If you say so. | 好吧 Charlotte 既然你都这么说了 |
[32:32] | – Dad? – Yeah. | – 爸爸? – 嗯 |
[32:33] | Can I walk home? I promised Wilbur I’d be there right away. | 我能回家吗? 我答应Wilbur马上去它那边的 |
[32:36] | – Sure. That’s fine with me. – Thanks. | – 没问题 这样对我也好 – 谢谢 |
[32:38] | Fern, wait! | Fern 等等! |
[32:40] | Why don’t you go to the Whites’ or the Sergeants’ today and play? | 今天你为什么不去 White家或Sergeant家玩呢? |
[32:44] | – Or you could have someone over. – Why? | – 或者你邀请别人过来玩 – 为什么? |
[32:47] | Because you’re spending too much time in that barn. | 因为你在那畜棚里 耗费了太多时间 |
[32:49] | It isn’t good for you to be alone so much. | 你这样老是独处可不好 |
[32:52] | Alone? All my best friends are there. | 独处? 我所有的好朋友都在那儿 |
[32:55] | – Except the rat. – The rat? | – 除了那只老鼠 – 老鼠? |
[32:57] | l wouldn’t call him my friend, but the rest of them are. | 我不愿把它称作我的朋友 但其余的都是我朋友 |
[33:00] | They tell the greatest stories. They make me laugh. | 它们会讲很棒的故事 还使我开怀大笑 |
[33:02] | And I promised them I’d read ’em this book, so I got to go. Bye! | 我答应念这本书给他们听 所以我得走了 再见! |
[33:07] | Dr. Dorian, it’s ridiculous, isn’t it? | Dorian医生 简直太可笑了 不是吗? |
[33:10] | To think that animals can actually talk? | 那些动物真的会讲话吗? |
[33:14] | l don’t know. Maybe an animal said something to me and I didn’t hear it | 我不知道 也许动物对我说过话 但我没听到 |
[33:18] | because I wasn’t paying attention. | 因为我没注意听 |
[33:20] | Maybe children are just better listeners than we are. | 跟我们相比 也许孩子是更好的聆听者 |
[33:26] | Well, it worries me to no end. | 那我得担心一辈子了 |
[33:28] | What’s got you worried is that her only friends are pigs, sheep, geese and rats. | 你担心的无非是她的猪 羊 鹅 老鼠 这么些独一无二的朋友 |
[33:34] | Well, not rats. | 老鼠不在其中 |
[33:36] | No. | 不 |
[33:37] | – Does she look well? – Yes. | – 她看起来好吗? – 嗯 |
[33:39] | Appetite’s good? | 食欲好吗? |
[33:42] | – Does she sleep well at night? – Yes. | – 晚上睡的香吗? – 嗯 |
[33:44] | I mean, she’s right as rain in that way. | 她在那些方面十分正常 |
[33:46] | Well, there is a name for her condition. | 就她这种情况有一个说法 |
[33:51] | It’s called a childhood phase. | 叫做儿童期 |
[33:55] | And, sadly, it’s something she’ll grow out of. | 不幸的是 她会渐渐长大 脱离这个阶段 |
[34:06] | Charlotte, what are you doing? | Charlotte 你在干嘛呢? |
[34:08] | Thinking. | 思考 |
[34:10] | l do my best thinking upside down. | 倒挂着 我就能竭尽全力思考 |
[34:12] | Blood goes to my head and perks me up. | 血液流进我的脑袋 使我倍感兴奋 |
[34:14] | I’ve been thinking, too, you know, about Christmas. | 我也一直在考虑 你知道的 考虑圣诞节 |
[34:19] | Don’t worry, Wilbur. We’ll figure something out. | Wilbur 别担心 我们会想出办法的 |
[34:27] | Come on, lke. Come on. | 快点 Ike 快点 |
[34:39] | Not to be too much trouble, | 我并不想给你添麻烦 |
[34:41] | but have you figured something out? | 可是你想出办法了吗? |
[34:44] | Not yet, but it’s like a web. | 还没有 这事儿就像一张网 |
[34:47] | You make it, you wait, and something always comes. | 你织好了 等待着 总会有东西自投罗网 |
[34:52] | Good night, Charlotte. | Charlotte 晚安 |
[34:54] | Good night, Wilbur. | Wilbur 晚安 |
[34:59] | And swing. | 调头 |
[35:06] | And stick. | 粘起来 |
[35:08] | And loop. | 画个圈 |
[35:23] | And back up, stick, and… | 退回来 粘住 … |
[36:45] | Mr. Zuckerman! | Zuckerman先生! |
[36:49] | Okay, you gotta come see this. | 你得去看看 |
[37:00] | Come on, Homer! | Homer 快点! |
[37:02] | Come on! | 快点! |
[37:48] | – What’s a so me pig? – It’s some pig. | – “不起猪”是什么意思? – 是了不起的猪 |
[37:52] | It’s a miracle. | 真是个奇迹 |
[37:54] | It’s nothing short of a bona fide miracle. | 简直是个真正的奇迹 |
[38:04] | Minister Beecher? | 是Beecher神父吗? |
[38:07] | Homer. Edith. | 呃Homer Edith |
[38:09] | What brings you here? | 什么风把你们吹来啦? |
[38:12] | Divinity? | 是上帝吗? |
[38:15] | We think so. | 我们也这么认为 |
[38:32] | We’d better keep this quiet until I address it in my sermon. | 在我针对这个奇迹传道之前 我们最好不要让这事宣扬出去 |
[38:36] | You can’t tell a soul, but you gotta come up to the barn. | 你不能告诉任何人 除非你的价值不亚于这个畜棚 |
[38:38] | Keep it between me and you. | 不要让第三者知道 |
[38:39] | – Swing by the farm. – Okay. Goodbye. | – 到农场那儿看看 – 好的 再见 |
[38:49] | Now, don’t tell nobody. Shouldn’t get around. | 别告诉别人 不要到处去说 |
[38:54] | There’s a word in a spider web at Zuckerman’s barn. | Zuckerman的畜棚里 有个蜘蛛网做成的字 |
[39:18] | Charlotte, what does a some pig do? | Charlotte 一只”了不起的猪”是干嘛的呢? |
[39:22] | This isn’t for what you do. It’s for what you are. | 不是说你干嘛的 它所表达出的是你的本质 |
[39:25] | Some pigs might smile a bit. | 了不起的猪会微笑 |
[39:35] | The lifting of the head, nice touch! | 头昂起来 漂亮! |
[39:58] | As ugly as that spider is, we should have known she was smart. | 蜘蛛丑到这种地步 我们该知道她是聪明的 |
[40:02] | So, you don’t believe that someone might be smart and pretty? | 这么说来 智慧和美貌兼具者 你就不相信有吗? |
[40:05] | No. Yes! I mean, yes, because you are. | 是的 不! 我是说 不 因为你就是 |
[40:08] | Clever little spider, isn’t she? | 聪明的小蜘蛛 不就是她吗? |
[40:10] | Where’s the spider who did this? | 织了这个网的蜘蛛呢? |
[40:13] | Well, we looked all over and couldn’t find one. | 所有地方都找遍了 可就是找不到 |
[40:23] | Looks pretty good. | 看起来相当不错啊 |
[40:24] | Still ain’t gonna change anything. He’s a goner. | 依旧改变不了任何事 他是个快死的家伙 |
[40:27] | Yeah. Glad nobody eats cows. | 对 真高兴没人吃牛 |
[40:30] | – Got to admit, that’s a fine- looking pig. – Yep, that’s some pig, all right. | – 不得不承认 那是只长相不错的猪 – 是的 那就是了不起的猪 没错 |
[40:42] | After a few weeks, the phenomenon of the web wore off. | 几周以后 蜘蛛网的热潮开始消退 |
[40:47] | Nobody cared anymore, | 没人再去关心了 |
[40:49] | and what was amazing yesterday was suddenly ordinary again today. | 昨日的令人称奇 今日骤然又变得平淡无奇了 |
[40:55] | It looked like Wilbur might not see snow after all. | 看起来 Wilbur还是可能看不到雪花 |
[41:03] | Excuse me, but why are we here? | 打扰了 请问我们为什么待在这儿? |
[41:06] | I mean, yes, barn meeting and so on and so forth. I understand that. | 我是说 畜棚会议等等的 我能理解 |
[41:09] | But must this concern us? And at such an ungodly hour! | 但这会连累到我们吗? 而且是在如此荒唐的时候! |
[41:14] | You know, Wilbur’s not the only one | Wilbur并不是唯一的一个… |
[41:16] | who could end up being Christmas dinner with an apple in his mouth. | 变成圣诞夜晚餐 连同苹果一齐塞进人们嘴里的伙计 |
[41:20] | Good point. Yes. Carry on, then. | 一针见血 没错 继续说 |
[41:22] | lke, this involves every one of us. | Ike 这其中也包括我们大家 |
[41:25] | l just have trouble looking at you. That’s all. | 我就是不想看见你 就这么回事 |
[41:29] | This isn’t about me. It’s about Wilbur. | 这并不是关系到我 是关系到Wilbur |
[41:31] | And, for the record, my view of you is not exactly a treat, either. | 从以往经验来说 我看你也并不乐观 |
[41:36] | As we have all seen, humans have very short attention spans, | 正如我们所看到的 人类的目光相当短浅 |
[41:40] | and there’s just too much time between now and Christmas. | 而且现在距离圣诞节还有很长时间 |
[41:42] | Certainly enough time for Zuckerman to find his affection for a pig | 当然对Zuckerman来说 有足够的时间来钟情于一只猪 |
[41:45] | losing out to his hunger for ham. | 他对火腿的饥饿也随之消散殆尽 |
[41:47] | – That spider can talk! – Yeah. | – 那蜘蛛可真能吹! – 是啊 |
[41:49] | What did she say, exactly? | 她到底在说什么? |
[41:51] | She said the farmer might possibly still slaughter the pig. | 她说农场主仍旧可能会宰了那只猪 |
[41:55] | Sorry, old chap, but it is a common fate for your ilk. | 很遗憾 老朋友 但这是你家族的共同命运 |
[41:59] | l could just bust through the fence again. | 那我就再次撞穿围栏 |
[42:00] | No. Once was enough for that. | 不 一次就够了 |
[42:02] | l just have to get the right word written. | 我得写上恰当的词 |
[42:04] | Something that makes Wilbur so special | 能显得Wilbur非常特殊的词 |
[42:06] | that Zuckerman will never think about killing him again. | 打消Zuckerman屠宰他的念头 |
[42:09] | You need something snappy, like pig supreme. | 你要写的直接点 比如至高无上的猪 |
[42:12] | That sounds like a dessert. | 听起来像是饭后的甜点 |
[42:14] | So, what’s the point, anyway? It won’t work. | 那该怎么写? 我说的没用 |
[42:16] | Could you please, just once, say something- omething positive? | 你就不能说点正经的话吗? |
[42:20] | Okay. I’m positive it won’t work. | 对啊 我说正经的又没什么用 |
[42:23] | How about harmoniously proportioned? | “比例匀称” 怎么样? |
[42:26] | – Harmoniously proportioned, yes! – Stop that! You’re following again. | – 比例匀称 不错! – 住嘴! 你们又在跟风了 |
[42:30] | Please, all of you! What’s the perfect word for Wilbur? | 拜托了 各位! 什么才是最适合Wilbur的词? |
[42:33] | How about delicious? | “美味的”怎么样? |
[42:35] | Or nutritious? Or extra crispy? | 要不”营养的”? 还是”特别爽口的”? |
[42:39] | How about… | 不如这样… |
[42:41] | – Did you get him? – Yep. BulI’s- eye. | – 你打中他了? – 是啊 正中靶心 |
[42:44] | How about terrific, terrific, terrific? | “了不起的…”怎么样? |
[42:46] | Good. Much too long, though. I’ve only got so much web. | 不错 但是太长了 而且我没办法织那么多网 |
[42:50] | But one terrific might work. | 但一个”了不起的”可能管用 |
[42:52] | It simply isn’t true. The pig is not terrific. | 但这显然不对 一头小猪没什么了不起的 |
[42:56] | Look at him! He’s absolutely average. | 看看他!根本就貌不惊人 |
[42:59] | If you wish to be truthful, then that is the word you should write. | 如果你想实话实说 那你应该用这个词 |
[43:03] | Average. | “平凡的” |
[43:05] | Wilbur, this only works if the word I write is true. | Wilbur只有恰当的词才会有用 |
[43:08] | And only you can tell us which word that is. | 只有你能告诉我们那是什么 |
[43:12] | So look around. | 环顾四周 |
[43:14] | We’ve all gathered around to help you. | 大家都在一起帮你 |
[43:17] | Now tell everyone how you feel. | 现在告诉大家你的感觉 |
[43:27] | Look, there’s a red one! And a blue one! | 看那个红的!还有蓝色的! |
[43:31] | Avery! You’ll never catch me! | Avery! 你永远追不上我! |
[43:33] | I’m going to get you! | 我马上就要抓到你了! |
[43:37] | Look at the fireworks, Mom! | 看那些焰火啊 妈妈! |
[43:40] | Avery, come on if you ever want to catch me! | Avery 你想抓住我就快来啊! |
[43:58] | This web thing is really paying off. | 这网织的可真有用啊 |
[44:00] | Mr. Zuckerman! | Zuckerman先生! |
[44:05] | There it is, side to side, right in the same place. Terrific. | 就在差不多同样的位置 写着”了不起的” |
[44:10] | It was the most amazing thing! | 这真是太不可思议了! |
[44:11] | Last time we had hundreds of people. This time it’s going to be thousands! | 上次来了数以百计的人! 这次肯定会成千上万的! |
[44:15] | It says terrific just as clear as day. | 清清楚楚的写着”了不起的” |
[44:17] | T- E- double- R- l- F- l- C. | T- E- 两个R- I- F- I- C |
[44:19] | I mean, can you imagine a spider being able to spell that word? | 你能想象一只蜘蛛会拼这个单词吗? |
[44:22] | l don’t think I could spell that word till the 10th grade. | 我到了十年级才学会这个词的 |
[44:36] | – Fifty cents. – Do you like that one, sir? | – 50美分 – 你喜欢那个吗 先生? |
[44:38] | That’s going to be $1 . | 只要一个美金 |
[44:41] | – Wow! – Gather ’round, folks! | – 哇! – 大家请到这来! |
[44:44] | Remember, you saw it right here at Zuckerman’s. | 请务必记得您目睹的一切 是在Zuckerman的农场 |
[44:48] | And, before you leave, don’t forget to take some of our berries home with you! | 还有临走时别忘了带点浆果回去! |
[44:52] | – So, you think this might work? – Nope. | – 你觉得这管用吗? – 没有 |
[44:54] | Dare I say it? He looks terrific. | 他看来确实”了不起” |
[44:57] | Look at them all! | 看看他们! |
[44:58] | Yeah. Smile pretty. I wish geese had teeth. | 是啊 甜甜的微笑 要是鹅有牙齿就好了 |
[45:05] | Been down here since dawn… | 我一大早就来来… |
[45:08] | What are you suggesting? That Fern has something to do with all this? | 你怎么想的? Fern与这一切有什么关系吗? |
[45:12] | How else could those words have gotten into that web? | 那些单词怎么会到网上的? |
[45:15] | I know everyone is saying it’s some kind of miracle, but… | 我知道每个人都觉得是奇迹 但是… |
[45:18] | But what? You don’t think it is? | 但是什么? 你不这么认为吗? |
[45:22] | Do you? | 你认为吗? |
[45:24] | The web itseIf is a miracle. | 那张网本身就是个奇迹 |
[45:28] | Wouldn’t you agree? | 你不同意吗? |
[45:30] | Well, can you spin one? | 你能织出来吗? |
[45:33] | – I can crochet a doily. – Because someone taught you how. | – 我会织桌布 – 那是因为你学过怎么织 |
[45:37] | Nobody teaches a spider. They just know how to spin a web. | 没人教蜘蛛 他们就知道怎么织网 |
[45:40] | Don’t you think that’s a miracle? | 难道这还不算奇迹吗? |
[45:47] | As summer ended, so did the excitement about the web. | 对于网的热度一直维持到了夏天结束 |
[45:51] | Charlotte needed to think of something special. | Charlotte得想些更特别的 |
[45:54] | Special enough to change the way people saw the world, | 特别到可以改变人们看世界的方式 |
[45:58] | or at least one pig in the world, anyway. | 至少是对待一头小猪的方式 |
[46:02] | The truth is, Charlotte feared she would never find a word that could do all that. | 但事实是 Charlotte害怕自己 永远找不到一个能改变这些的单词 |
[46:07] | And she had to hurry. Time was running out for her. | 她必须得赶紧 因为时间已经匆匆的流逝了 |
[46:11] | But once a promise is made, it needs to be kept. | 但是一旦做出了承诺 就必须永远遵守 |
[46:17] | – Still no web, huh? – Nope. | – 还是没有网 对吗? – 没有 |
[46:19] | l haven’t seen one in, I’d say, at least a month. | 我没有看到 至少在这个月没有 |
[46:23] | Funny how you get used to all those people being around the place. | 好笑的是你好像已经习惯人们 都聚集在这里了 |
[46:27] | Kind of quiet without them, isn’t it? | 他们不在真是太冷清了 不是吗? |
[46:32] | l noticed the hinge pin’s busted on the damper in the smokehouse. | 我看到熏制屋的铰链坏了 |
[46:35] | Want me to order a new one? | 想要订一个新的吗? |
[46:37] | Suppose you better. That’s a special order. | 你说得对 那是一个特别的订单 |
[46:40] | Better get a jump on that if we’re going to smoke any ham before the holidays. | 如果要在假日前熏制一些火腿 就得赶紧了 |
[46:44] | We may need another cord of wood, too. | 我们还要一些木制的绞索 |
[46:48] | I’m just going to throw this out here one more time. Pig supreme. | 我打算重申一下我的观点 “至高无上的猪” |
[46:52] | Oh, Golly! Now you’re just beating a dead horse. | 哦 天啊 你又在白费口舌了 |
[46:54] | – Hey! – Sorry. | – 嘿! – 抱歉 |
[46:56] | Look, I don’t come across many words in the field, | 听着 在这里我想不起比 “呀” “快走啊!” |
[46:59] | other than Hyah! or Giddyup! | 更印象深刻的词了 |
[47:02] | But that rat’s always dragging in trash with writing on it. | 但那只老鼠经常钻到有很多书籍 的垃圾堆里去 |
[47:05] | l agree. | 我同意 |
[47:06] | It’s about time Templeton started pulling his weight around here | 现在该是Templeton 尽职的时候 |
[47:09] | instead of just eating it. | 而不要只知道吃东西了 |
[47:10] | l bet he could bring us some choice words. | 我猜他会带来一些 我们可以选择的词的 |
[47:12] | I’ve got a choice word for you. A little word called, Uh- uh. | 我有一个备选的词 “啊 哈” |
[47:16] | Well, that’s two words. | 嗯 那是两个词 |
[47:18] | And here’s a few more. Negative. No way. Nothing doing. | 还有一些 “消极的” “没门” “没用” |
[47:21] | l ain’t breaking my back to try and save some pig, | 我不是打击你去拯救”特别的猪” |
[47:24] | no matter how terrific you think the little lunch meat is. | 就算是”了不起的” 也只不过是一顿午餐肉而已 |
[47:34] | You’ll sing a different tune when he’s gone | 如果他死了你也好不到哪去 |
[47:36] | and nobody brings around those scrumptious buckets of slop. | 没人给你那些美味的猪食了 |
[47:41] | And three, two… | 三 二… |
[47:43] | Cue the rat! | 老鼠现身! |
[47:45] | Let’s get one thing straight. | 我们就坦白说吧 |
[47:49] | l don’t care about the pig. | 我根本不关心那头猪 |
[47:51] | – What I care about is the slop. – Of course. | – 我关心的是猪食 – 我知道 |
[47:54] | And since I’ll be at the dump anyway, and it won’t take any extra effort, | 既然我要去垃圾堆 就不会白跑一趟 |
[47:58] | maybe, maybe I’ll pick something up. | 大概…我会带点什么回来 |
[48:03] | You’re very kind. | 你真是太好了 |
[48:05] | Don’t go spreading it around. | 别解散啊 |
[48:09] | What? What do you want? | 干嘛? 你要干嘛? |
[48:18] | You’ll need your strength. | 你要补充点力气 |
[48:25] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[48:29] | But, Dad, I heard them. | 爸爸 我听见了 |
[48:31] | l heard them talking about the smokehouse! | 我听见他们谈熏制室的事 |
[48:33] | He’s not your pig anymore. | 他不再是你的猪了 |
[48:35] | Well, I wouldn’t have sold him in the first place | 首先我要是知道他们会这样做 |
[48:37] | if I knew this is what they were gonna do to him. | 我是绝对不会卖掉他的 |
[48:38] | That’s what happens to a pig on a farm, Fern. | Fern 这就是农场里猪的命运 |
[48:42] | You know that. | 你知道的啊 |
[48:46] | I’ll see about that. | 我会留意的 |
[48:51] | I’ve got maybe two, three years before she can out- argue me. | 她要驳倒我 用不了多长时间了 |
[48:55] | Then I’m doomed. | 那我就是活该了 |
[48:57] | And members of our own 4H Club | 我们4-H俱乐部的成员 |
[48:59] | will have the opportunity to enter livestock and poultry in the competition. | 将有机会参观牲畜和家禽们的竞赛 |
[49:03] | So, in addition to the rides and games, | 那么除了骑马跟游戏之外 |
[49:06] | make sure you show them your support, as well. | 你们还得表现出你们对他们的支持 |
[49:08] | Any questions? Rita. | 还有问题吗? Rita |
[49:10] | Miss Lewis, can I bring my chickens? | Lewis小姐 我能带我的小鸡去? |
[49:12] | Your chickens, I’m sure. Pigs, chickens, horses and cows. | 你的小鸡 可以啊 猪 小鸡 马还有牛 |
[49:16] | You certainly can, and I hope you win first prize. | 当然可以 我希望你能获头奖 |
[49:31] | How can he be in every cornfield? | 怎么每个玉米地都有他? |
[49:35] | It can’t be the same guy. It can’t be! | 肯定不是同一个人!肯定不是! |
[49:37] | He’s wearing the same hat. | 他戴着一样的帽子 |
[49:39] | I’m telling you, he is following us! | 告诉你吧 他跟着我们! |
[49:42] | l hate that guy. | 我恨那个人 |
[49:44] | l have got to get some corn, Elwyn! | 我得去找些玉米 Elwyn! |
[49:47] | All right! All right! All right! This is crazy. | 好吧好吧!这太疯狂了! |
[49:49] | – There’s two of us, right? – Yeah. | – 我们有两个人 对吗? – 是啊 |
[49:51] | Trust me, there’s two of us, and there’s only one of him. | 相信我 我们有两个人 他只有一个人 |
[49:54] | l don’t know, man. He scares me. He really does. | 我不知道 但他吓到我了 真的吓到我了 |
[49:57] | – Just think about that corn. Corn. – Yeah. | – 只要想着玉米 玉米 – 耶 |
[49:59] | – The corn. – Corn. | – 玉米 – 玉米 |
[50:00] | – All right, let’s do it! – Let’s do it! Let’s do it! | – 好的 我们出发吧 – 吃玉米了!吃玉米了! |
[50:08] | – Abort! Abort! Abort! – Abort! Abort! Abort! | – 失败了!失败了!失败了! – 失败了!失败了!失败了! |
[50:14] | Man, he is good! I bet he’s laughing at us. | 伙计 他可真厉害 我猜他肯定在笑话我们 |
[50:18] | Don’t look at him! Don’t even give him the satisfaction. | 别看他 别让他有满足感 |
[50:20] | Just think about something else. | 想想别的啊 |
[50:22] | – Think about something else. – Anything. | – 想想别的啊 – 什么都行 |
[50:24] | I thinkI see a rat. | 我想我看到一只老鼠 |
[50:26] | – That’s good. – No, really, I see a rat. | – 那想法不错 – 不 是真的 我真看到老鼠了 |
[50:29] | The rat is stealthy. The rat is nimble. The rat is on the – – whoa! | 老鼠鬼鬼祟祟 老鼠很敏捷的 老鼠在…哇! |
[50:41] | The rat is losing his touch. | 老鼠要失去知觉了 |
[50:44] | – You want to go mess with him? – Oh, yeah! I’ve got to peck something. | – 你想要吃老鼠? – 是啊 我总得吃点东西 |
[50:48] | Rat on three. | 数三下 |
[50:49] | One, two, three! | 一 二 三! |
[50:56] | The rat has been spotted! | 老鼠成了目标了! |
[51:03] | The rat is not | 老鼠不喜欢… |
[51:05] | enjoying this! | 不喜欢这个! |
[51:13] | All this for slop? | 这都是为了猪食吗? |
[51:15] | The rat is desperate. The rat is trapped. | 老鼠很绝望 老鼠要被捉住了 |
[51:18] | The rat needs to stop calling himseIf the rat. | 老鼠应该不要再叫自己是”老鼠” |
[51:21] | Find some words. Yeah, right, the rat will never find words! | 找一些词汇 是啊 老鼠永远都找不到什么词 |
[51:25] | Hey, look. Words. | 嘿 看啊 这不是词吗 |
[51:30] | – Hey, is he still in the can? – He’s in the can? | – 嘿 他还在罐子里吗? – 他在罐子里? |
[51:32] | Maybe we should give him some privacy. Always helps me out. | 或许我们要给他点私人空间 |
[51:35] | No, no, genius, not that can. | 不 天才 不是那个罐子 |
[51:37] | Where did he go? I can’t see him. | 他去哪了? 我看不见 |
[51:40] | All I see is that fruit moving. | 只看到一个会动的果子 |
[51:42] | – What fruit? – The fruit with the tail! | – 什么果子 – 果子还带了条尾巴 |
[51:45] | They’ll never get me now. | 这下他们抓不到我了 |
[51:47] | – Let’s go get him! – Go get him! | – 我们去抓住他 – 抓住他! |
[52:07] | The rat rules! | 老鼠才是王道! |
[52:11] | – We’re pink! – Hey, what the… Pink? | – 我们变成粉红色的了 – 嘿 什么…粉红色? |
[52:14] | But that’s all right, isn’t it? I mean, black pretty much goes with everything. | 不过这也不错 对吗? 我是说 黑色太普通了 |
[52:18] | No, it’s not all right. That rat is going to pay! | 不 一点也不好 那只老鼠要付出代价的 |
[52:26] | Radiant. | “荣耀的’ |
[52:27] | – This might just work. – Might? | – 可能有用啊 – 可能? |
[52:29] | Oh, for the love of Lucy! | 谢天谢地啊! |
[52:33] | Here it comes. It did this yesterday. | 云彩又出来了 昨天也是 |
[52:36] | Look that way, everyone! Right towards that cloud! | 大家看那边啊! 朝云彩看啊! |
[52:39] | Good gracious. Has it always done that? | 真漂亮! 能永远这样吗? |
[52:42] | No, it can’t have. | 不 应该不行 |
[52:44] | – Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! – Wow! | – 真灿烂!非常的灿烂 – 哇! |
[52:48] | Oh, yes. | 哦 是啊 |
[52:49] | This word will work quite nicely. | 这个单词应该很好 |
[52:51] | Then my work is done. | 那我的活就完了 |
[52:54] | And now for the fruits of my labor. | 现在我劳动的成果 |
[52:56] | And the vegetables! And the gravy! | 还有蔬菜!还有肉汁! |
[53:25] | All right, now. | 好了 现在 |
[53:30] | R. | 嗯”R” |
[53:34] | And stick. | 一根棍子 |
[53:42] | And loop. | 然后画一个圈 |
[53:49] | And… | 然后… |
[53:52] | Come on, Charlotte, you can do this. | 振作点 Charlotte 你能行的 |
[53:56] | Don’t slow down yet. | 还不是松懈的时候 |
[54:23] | Welcome to Zuckerman’s! Thank you all for coming. | 欢迎来到Zuckerman的农场 谢谢大家的光临! |
[54:26] | Well, the web says it better than I ever could. | 网上的词汇比我能形容出来的都好 |
[54:29] | That is some terrific, radiant pig! | 这是一只特别的 不起的 荣耀的猪 |
[54:35] | And for that reason, I’ve decided to enter Wilbur into the county fair. | 因为这个 我打算送Wilbur 去镇上的集市比赛 |
[54:43] | Did you hear what they said, Charlotte? I’m going to the fair! | 你听到他的话吗 Charlotte? 我要去集市了 |
[54:47] | Going to the fair! | 要去集市了! |
[54:49] | Wilbur might just see Christmas after all. | Wilbur大概可以活过圣诞了 |
[54:51] | ls it good? Did we do it? | 这样好吗? 我们成功了吗? |
[54:52] | Yes, Wilbur. It’s very good. | 是的 Wilbur 这非常棒! |
[54:54] | Now, smile. | 现在 微笑吧 |
[54:56] | The fair, Homer? What’s gotten into you? | 去集市 Homer? 你在想些什么啊? |
[54:59] | l don’t know, Sis. It just come to me. | 我不知道 Sis 我只是突发奇想 |
[55:01] | He’s a runt, Homer. He doesn’t stand a chance. | 他太矮小了 Homer 他没有机会赢的 |
[55:04] | Well done! Never had a doubt! | 干得好啊!毫无疑问的! |
[55:05] | That spider did a heck of a job. She’s a hard worker. | 蜘蛛做了了不起的事 她是辛勤的工作者! |
[55:09] | Thank you, Charlotte. You should take a little bow. | 谢谢你 Charlotte. 你才应该接受这些掌声 |
[55:12] | And have my beauty steal the show? | 而我却抢尽了风头? |
[55:14] | Now, go on and show them what a radiant pig can do. | 那现在向他们展示一下 荣耀的猪能做的 |
[55:29] | What do you mean you’re not going to the fair? | 你说你不去集市是什么意思? |
[55:31] | I’m going to get a prize. Don’t you want to be there? | 我会拿到一个奖的 你不想去那儿吗? |
[55:34] | Of course I do, Wilbur, very much. | 我当然想去 Wilbur 非常想 |
[55:37] | I’m just not up to traveling at the moment. | 我只是现在不适合跋涉 |
[55:39] | – Why not? – Because I’m expecting. | – 为什么呢? – 因为我怀了宝宝 |
[55:43] | Expecting what? | “期望什么..? “ |
[55:45] | Expecting means… | “期望”的意思就是… |
[55:47] | I’m expecting you to do fine without me. | 我期望你没有我 也能做得很好 |
[55:50] | You’re getting to be a big pig, and you’ll do just great on your own. | 你会长大的 而且你自己能过得很好 |
[55:54] | Okay. I’ll miss you. | 好的 我会想你的 |
[56:04] | Come on, Homer, up and at ’em. | 快起来 Homer 都起来 |
[56:06] | It’s the big day. | 今天是个大日子 |
[56:12] | – Fern? – Mom! | – Fern? – 妈妈! |
[56:15] | I’m not wearing that. | 我才不穿那个 |
[56:24] | What the heck is she doing? | 她到底想干嘛? |
[56:33] | Bathed in buttermilk. | 牛奶浴啊! |
[56:43] | I’ve had this dream. | 我梦想很久了! |
[56:50] | I’ve got to say he really is some pig. | 我不得不说他真是一只特别的猪 |
[56:53] | That’s my buttermilk working. | 这都是我牛奶的功劳 |
[56:56] | You sure you want to go through with this, Homer? | 你确定你要继续吗 Homer? |
[56:58] | If you lose, you’re out your entry fee. | 如果你输了 你就当交学费吧 |
[57:00] | He could win, though. | 他会赢的 |
[57:02] | Stranger things have been happening around here. | 奇迹总是发生过 |
[57:04] | If he doesn’t win, though? | 如果他赢不了呢? |
[57:05] | Well, the way I figure it, even if he does lose, | 就算他输了 我也想好了 |
[57:08] | I can make it all back on the bacon alone. | 我还是可以把他带回来做熏肉 |
[57:14] | Wilbur! Wilbur! | 啊Wilbur! Wilbur啊! |
[57:16] | Do something, Homer. | 快想办法 Homer |
[57:17] | – What happened? – I don’t know. He just fainted. | – 怎么了? – 我不知道 他就晕过去了 |
[57:19] | It’s all right, hon. | 没有关系的 亲爱的 |
[57:21] | – Lurvy, get some water! – It’s okay, Wilbur. | – Lurvy 拿点水过来 – 没事了 Wilbur |
[57:23] | Charlotte, are you feeling- eeling okay? | Charlotte 你感觉还好吗? |
[57:27] | Why is it so hard for that farmer to see what is right in front of his face? | 为什么让那些农夫 分清是非就那么难? |
[57:31] | Look what Wilbur has done for this farm. lsn’t that better than ham? | 看看Wilbur为农场做的贡献 难道不比熏肉强吗? |
[57:34] | Well, there’s only one thing to do, and I have to be there to do it. | 嗯 还有一件事 我必须得跟着去做 |
[57:37] | Charlotte, you have your babies to think about now. | Charlotte 你现在得为孩子考虑 |
[57:40] | Yes, I know. But I made a promise to my friend. | 是啊 我知道 但我向我朋友保证过 |
[57:43] | A big blue ribbon ought to finally get the point through that farmer’s head. | 只有最高的荣誉 才能改变那些农夫的想法 |
[57:47] | – Easy, Lurvy. Easy. – Coming through! Coming through! | – 放松 Lurvy 放松点 – 让开!让开! |
[57:49] | Here we go! | 水来了! |
[57:53] | – There we go. – He’s up. | – 好了 – 他站起来了 |
[57:54] | Okay, let’s see if he’ll get in the crate. | 好的 看看他能不能到箱子里去 |
[57:56] | – Buttermilk. – Templeton? | – 牛奶浴! – Templeton? |
[57:59] | l need you to go with me. We’ll have to find another word, | 我要你跟我一起去 我们得找点别的词 |
[58:02] | a really good one. | 一个真正好的词 |
[58:04] | Sorry, lady. | 抱歉 女士 |
[58:05] | Comes a time when the rat’s got to ask himself, What’s in it for the rat? | 每次老鼠都会问自己 “这次你为了什么呢? “ |
[58:09] | – He’s right. We’ve been to the fair. – We have? | – 他说的对 我们去过集市 – 去过吗? |
[58:11] | Remember? All that garbage there? | 记得吗? 那儿有很多的垃圾? |
[58:14] | Oh, yeah! It’s littered with hunks of chewed- on funnel cakes… | 哦 是啊 垃圾堆里有很多的蝴蝶饼 |
[58:17] | How’s that? | 是什么样的? |
[58:19] | And dribs of ice cream going sour in the sun. | 还有在阳光下流淌出的冰淇淋汁 |
[58:23] | And spitty little cotton candy bits ground into the mud. | 还有很多棉花糖的碎屑 掉到土地 |
[58:26] | Popcorn, moldy cheese, half- eaten sandwiches | 还有爆米花 发霉的奶酪 尺不完的三明治 |
[58:29] | and sticky- icky- icky candy apples. | 还有粘乎乎的糖苹果 |
[58:31] | Wait! Go back to the moldy cheese thing. | 等等!说到那个发霉的奶酪 |
[58:34] | I’ve never seen so much disgusting trash! | 我从没见过这么恶心的东西 |
[58:36] | Come on, Wilbur. Good boy. | 过来 Wilbur 好孩子 |
[58:38] | Don’t hurt him, Dad! | 别伤到他 爸爸! |
[58:40] | Nearly made me gag, the stink of it, especially that deviled egg. | 差点弄的我吐了 都发出恶臭了 特别是那些臭蛋 |
[58:43] | You better hurry up, rat. They’re gonna leave you! | 你最好快点 他们要丢下你了 |
[58:44] | Wait for me! | 等等我! |
[58:45] | – Nice and easy. – Come on, Wilbur. Good boy. | – 很容易 – 来吧 Wilbur 好孩子 |
[58:47] | More food than you’ll see in a lifetime! | 比你这辈子看到的吃的还多 |
[58:51] | – Bye, Aunt Edith! – Bye. | – Edith阿姨 再见 – 再见 |
[58:52] | Bye, Fern! Bye, Avery! See you at the fair, guys! | 再见 Fern! 再见 Avery! 集市上见 伙计们! |
[58:56] | Hey, it worked! | 嘿 成功了! |
[58:58] | I thinkwe milked it a little there at the end, though. | 我想我们产了不少牛奶啊 |
[59:01] | All right. All right, John, I’ll see you over there! | 好吧好吧 John 我们那里见 |
[59:04] | Charlotte, you’re coming with me! | Charlotte 你跟我一起来了 |
[59:06] | l wouldn’t miss it for the world. | 我可不能错过 |
[59:08] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你能来! |
[59:09] | – Good luck, Wilbur! Win that ribbon! – Go get ’em, Wilbur! | – 祝你好运 Wilbur!把奖章赢回来 – 去拿回来 Wilbur! |
[59:15] | We’re going to the fair! | 我们要去集市了! |
[59:22] | Going to the fair! Going to the fair! | 去集市!去集市! |
[59:25] | – I’m going on the bumper cars. – So fun! | – 我要去玩碰碰车了! – 太开心了! |
[59:41] | The sign looks good, Homer. Nice and even. | 这牌子真不错 Homer 既美观又不过分 |
[59:44] | All right, there we go. | 好的 我们到了 |
[59:49] | There you go, Wilbur. | 去吧 Wilbur |
[59:52] | Okay, where’s the filth? | 好的 哪里有脏东西? |
[59:56] | Have you heard that good things come to those who wait? | 你没听说过好东西 都要等等才来的吗? |
[59:58] | No, good things come to those who find it and shove it in their mouth. | 没 我只知道好东西是从 人们塞进嘴巴的时候掉下来的 |
[1:00:09] | Don’t think I don’t know, Fern, | 别以为我不知道 Fern |
[1:00:12] | that we’re all here because a determined little girl | 我们在这全都因为一个 意志坚定的小女孩 |
[1:00:15] | made a promise to a pig. | 对一只小猪许下的承诺 |
[1:00:19] | – Wilbur. – Sorry. | – 是Wilbur – 很抱歉 |
[1:00:21] | I mean Wilbur. | 我是说Wilbur |
[1:00:25] | I’m proud of you, honey. | 我以你为荣 宝贝 |
[1:00:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:34] | Fern? Avery? | 呃Fern? Avery? |
[1:00:40] | I’m going to give you each 10 tickets to do as you like out there. | 我给你们每人十张游戏券 去玩你们喜欢的项目 |
[1:00:43] | And you have to make them last all day, | 你们得玩一整天 |
[1:00:45] | so don’t go spending them all at once. Okay? | 所以别一次玩光了 好吗? |
[1:00:47] | – Wow! – All right! | – 哇! – 好的 |
[1:00:49] | – I’ll be right back. Okay. – Come on! | – 我很快就回来 好的 – 快来啊! |
[1:00:51] | You’re going to win the prize tomorrow. I know it. | 我知道你会赢的 |
[1:00:54] | – Everything will be all right. – Fern, let’s go! | – 一切都会很顺利得 – Fern 我们走啊 |
[1:00:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:01:02] | Oh, my. | 哦 天啊 |
[1:01:04] | ls that what we’re up against? | 这就是我们的对手吗? |
[1:01:15] | Excuse me. What is your name? | 打扰一下 你叫什么名字? |
[1:01:21] | When someone wants to get your attention, | 当有人想引起你注意时 当有人想引你注意时 |
[1:01:24] | what is it they call out? | 他们会怎么叫唤你? |
[1:01:26] | Uncle. | 叔叔 |
[1:01:28] | Tell me, Uncle, what is the date of your birth? | 叔叔 告诉我 你生日是哪天? |
[1:01:33] | Your birthday? | 你的生日? |
[1:01:39] | For heaven’s sake, all I want to know is if you’re a spring pig. | 看在老天爷的份上 我想知道的只是你是不是只童子猪 |
[1:01:43] | Of course. What did you think I was? A spring chicken? | 当然 那你认为我是谁? 童子鸡吗? |
[1:01:49] | Huge and humorous. Aren’t we talented! | 又肥又幽默 我们不是都很有才吗! |
[1:01:53] | Spring chicken. | 童子鸡 |
[1:02:02] | Charlotte, who are you talking to? | Charlotte 你在和谁说话? |
[1:02:05] | – The pig next door. – Should I be worried? | – 隔壁的猪 – 我该担心吗? |
[1:02:08] | Of course not. What good would that do? | 当然不必 担心有什么用? |
[1:02:11] | Whoa! Have you seen the beast next door? | 哇! 你看到隔壁的野兽了么? |
[1:02:14] | I thinkhis mama was part hippo. | 我猜她妈妈是头大河马 |
[1:02:17] | If I had to name five of the fattest pigs I’ve ever seen, | 要是让我说出我见过的最肥的五头猪 |
[1:02:19] | he’d be three of them. He’s a shoo- in. | 他可以排名前三 他是胜算在握 |
[1:02:22] | Please. That pig is not nearly as handsome as Wilbur, | 拜托 那猪远没有我们Wilbur帅 |
[1:02:26] | or as harmoniously proportioned, | 长得也不怎么协调 |
[1:02:28] | – and not nearly as clean. – There’s a real tiebreaker. | – 远没有Wilbur干净 – 要找到打破僵局的武器 |
[1:02:31] | We just have to prove that the finest pig is not necessarily the fattest. | 我们只要证明最好的猪不一定要是最肥的 |
[1:02:35] | And you can do your part, Wilbur, by getting some rest. | 你可以做你自己的事了 Wilbur 去休息下吧 |
[1:02:38] | – I’m not tired, Charlotte. – Okay. | – 我不累 Charlotte – 好的 |
[1:02:41] | Well, could you excuse me for just a minute, please? | 你能让我们单独聊会吗? |
[1:02:46] | All right, Templeton, you’re right. That pig over there is a shoo- in. | 好的 Templeton 你说的对 那边的猪是胜算在握了 |
[1:02:50] | So, I need words that are even better than that pig is fat. | 所以 我需要比”那头猪很肥”更好的词 |
[1:02:53] | Special words, and lots of them. | 特别的词 而且需要很多 |
[1:02:55] | How about pushy and demanding? | “爱出风头”和”苛刻”怎么样? |
[1:02:57] | Templeton, please! | Templeton 拜托! |
[1:02:59] | This is our last chance to save Wilbur’s life. | 这是我们救Wilbur生命的最后机会 |
[1:03:02] | You do realize I’m just here for the food, right? | 你该意识到我来这只为了吃点东西 对吧? |
[1:03:04] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:03:22] | Enjoy the ride. | 玩得开心 |
[1:03:24] | One, please. | 就我一个人 |
[1:03:26] | Must be in the other pocket. Sorry. | 一定在另一个口袋 抱歉 |
[1:03:27] | – One second. – All right. | – 等一下 – 好的 |
[1:03:33] | Two, please. | 两个人 |
[1:03:58] | ls that Fern up there? | 那上面是Fern吗? |
[1:04:02] | Well, I’ll be. | 没错啊 |
[1:04:04] | – She’s with a boy. – She is! She’s with a boy! | – 她和一个男孩在一起 – 是啊! 她和男孩在一起! |
[1:04:10] | Oh, no. | 噢 不 |
[1:04:13] | She’s with a boy. | 她和一个男孩在一起 |
[1:04:16] | Manna from heaven! | 天赐美食! |
[1:04:24] | l don’t know what this is, but I love it! | 我不知道这是什么 可我爱死它了! |
[1:04:42] | One- stop slopping. | 人间美食 应有尽有啊 |
[1:04:47] | All right. Let’s go get the spider off my back. | 好了 去找词 让那蜘蛛不再唠叨 |
[1:04:52] | How come I’m not in a cornfield, Elwyn? How come? | 我怎么就没在玉米田里呢 Elwyn? 怎么会呢? |
[1:04:54] | Hey, hey. They got all kinds of corn right here. | 嘿 这里有各种各样的玉米 |
[1:04:58] | You got your popcorn, caramel corn, candy corn. | 你能吃到爆米花 饴糖玉米 冰糖玉米 |
[1:05:02] | Stop torturing me! | 别再折磨我了! |
[1:05:03] | I’m starving here, and now I’m cross- eyed because of this pink stuff. | 我现在饿死了 眼睛都斜了 因为那红色的玩意 |
[1:05:07] | If I ever see that rat again… | 要是再让我见到那只老鼠 |
[1:05:09] | Words, words, words. | 词 词 词 |
[1:05:13] | Pork rinds. | 猪肉皮 |
[1:05:15] | That’ll draw a crowd. | 那会吸引一大堆人 |
[1:05:20] | This looks promising. | 这个看起来有希望 |
[1:05:25] | Hey! That rat! | 嘿! 老鼠! |
[1:05:28] | I’m going to get me some rat! | 我要抓它回来! |
[1:05:31] | Oh, not these birdbrains. | 噢 不会又是这些蠢鸟吧? |
[1:05:33] | Let’s get rid of them once and for all. | 让我们甩掉他 一了百了 |
[1:05:35] | and everything. Rat on three! Three! | 老鼠在三点钟方向! 三点钟方向! |
[1:05:39] | Wait up, Brooksie! I’m coming with you! | 等等 Brooksie! 我和你一起追! |
[1:05:46] | Little flamingoes! | 小小火烈鸟! |
[1:05:48] | Come and get me! | 来抓我呀! |
[1:05:51] | – It’s scary guy! – Abort! Abort! | – 吓人的家伙! – 放弃任务! |
[1:05:57] | Peck him! Peck him, Elwyn! | 啄他! Elwyn! |
[1:06:00] | Wait a minute. His eyes are buttons, and his hair is straw. | 等一下 他眼睛是纽扣 头发是稻草 |
[1:06:05] | This guy ain’t real! | 这家伙不是真的! |
[1:06:06] | – He’s not? – No! | – 不是真的? – 对! |
[1:06:07] | Oh, yeah! The rat rules! Take that! | 耶! 老鼠获胜! 受苦吧! |
[1:06:11] | Do you know what this means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗? |
[1:06:12] | – Yeah. – What? | – 知道 – 什么? |
[1:06:13] | We could’ve had corn! | 我们本来可以吃到玉米的! |
[1:06:19] | Well, Your Highness, you satisfied or what? | 殿下 您满意了还是怎么的? |
[1:06:21] | ‘Cause I’ve got a spitty hunk of pineapple upside- down cake out there | 让我垂涎的菠萝蛋糕在外面等我呢 |
[1:06:23] | with my name on it. | 上面还有我的名字 |
[1:06:25] | Yes, very satisfied. | 是的 非常满意 |
[1:06:27] | Be careful. If you keep this up, someone might think you care. | 小心 如果你还不去 有人可能还以为你真在乎 |
[1:06:31] | Gee, I’m all choked up. | 是啊 我是真的吃不下了! |
[1:06:35] | Charlotte? | 嗯Charlotte? |
[1:06:36] | If I don’t win the prize tomorrow, they’re gonna send me to the smokehouse. | 要是我明天赢不了 他们会把我送到熏制室 |
[1:06:40] | You’re going to win, Wilbur. | 你会赢的 Wilbur |
[1:06:41] | And you’re going to see the snows of winter. | 而且你能见到冬天的雪 |
[1:06:44] | l told you, I never break a promise. | 我告诉过你 我决不食言 |
[1:07:05] | Mom? | 妈? |
[1:07:06] | Will you put these in for me? | 能帮我系上吗? |
[1:07:12] | You look like a girl! | 你看上去像个女孩了! |
[1:07:14] | And I still hit like one. | 可我仍可以打你 |
[1:07:22] | Well, what do you think? | 你认为怎样? |
[1:07:24] | It’s a great word. It’s just… | 这是个很好的词 只是 |
[1:07:26] | Just what? | 只是什么? |
[1:07:27] | ls it the right word? ls it true? | 是个合适的词吗? 是真的吗? |
[1:07:30] | Because I don’t really feel like | 因为我真不觉得 |
[1:07:32] | l deserve any of the things you’ve written about me. | 我值得你写下的东西 |
[1:07:37] | Then it is the perfect word. | 那么那就是个完美的词 |
[1:07:43] | The web! | 网! |
[1:07:48] | Hey, Wilbur! | 嘿 Wilbur! |
[1:07:55] | Humble. | “谦卑” |
[1:07:56] | Hey, Wilbur. | 嘿 Wilbur |
[1:07:58] | If that’s not a prize- winner, I don’t know what is. | 要是这个都得不到奖的话 我也没话说了 |
[1:08:00] | He’s going to win this thing, isn’t he? | 他会赢得奖牌 不是吗? |
[1:08:02] | Oh, Homer, I can’t go up to that grandstand looking like this. | Homer 我可不能穿成这样去看台 |
[1:08:14] | Homer. | 嗯Homer |
[1:08:24] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[1:08:30] | Why didn’t they tell us the judging was going to be so early? | 为什么他们没告诉我们 胜负早已见分晓了? |
[1:08:35] | We did our best. | 我们尽了最大努力 |
[1:08:40] | I’ll get the truck and take him home. | 我叫车把他运回家 |
[1:08:44] | l really thought we had a shot. | 我真的认为我们有机会 |
[1:08:52] | It’s okay. lt’ll be okay. | 没关系的 没事的 |
[1:08:59] | l told you. There it is! The web! | 我告诉过你 就是那里! 那网! |
[1:09:03] | Mom… | 妈… |
[1:09:07] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[1:09:17] | It looks like it’s humble. | 好象是”谦卑” |
[1:09:32] | Excuse me. Thank you. Coming through. Excuse me. | 抱歉 谢谢 借过一下 |
[1:09:36] | Mr. Zuckerman! Could you come with me, please? | Zuckerman先生! 能跟我来吗? |
[1:09:40] | Oh, and bring the pig, too. | 把猪也带来 |
[1:09:44] | Homer. | 嗯Homer |
[1:10:15] | Ladies and gentlemen, on behaIf of the state of Maine, | 女士们先生们 我谨代表缅因州 |
[1:10:19] | it gives us great pleasure to present | 非常高兴的有请 |
[1:10:22] | Zuckerman’s famous pig! | Zuckerman家的了不起的猪! |
[1:10:31] | Folks! Folks! | 大家好! |
[1:10:33] | I thinkwe all remember the start of summer, | 我想我们都记得夏天开始时 |
[1:10:36] | when the writing appeared on the web in Mr. Zuckerman’s barn. | 字出现在Zuckerman先生畜棚里的网上 |
[1:10:40] | And now it has happened yet again! | 现在神奇的字再一次出现了! |
[1:10:44] | Which is why the governors of the fair | 这就是为什么集市的主人 |
[1:10:47] | are honored to present | 很荣幸的给他颁发 |
[1:10:50] | this handsome medal. | 这块漂亮的奖牌 |
[1:10:52] | A token of our amazement and our appreciation. | 我们惊讶和感激的象征物 |
[1:11:05] | l love you, Wilbur. | 我爱你 Wilbur |
[1:11:12] | Well, what can I say about this pig that hasn’t already been said? | 对这头猪 我能说些什么你们不曾谈及过的呢? |
[1:11:17] | I know a lot of you folks have come out to the farm, | 我知道你们都去过农场 |
[1:11:20] | and you’ve seen the words. | 看过那些字 |
[1:11:22] | A lot of you have asked me, “How could this have happened? “ | 很多人问过我 这怎么可能发生? |
[1:11:27] | l don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[1:11:28] | But it has happened | 可确实发生了 |
[1:11:31] | in a time when we really don’t see many miraculous things. | 在这个我们没见过很多奇迹的时期 |
[1:11:36] | Or maybe we do. | 也许我们见到了 |
[1:11:39] | Maybe they’re all right there around us, every day, | 也许奇迹就在身旁 每天围绕着我们 |
[1:11:43] | and we just don’t know where to look. | 只是我们不知道到哪里去发现 |
[1:11:48] | There’s no denying that our own little Wilbur, | 不能否认 我们的小Wilbur |
[1:11:52] | he’s part of something that’s bigger than all of us. | 他比我们都伟大 |
[1:11:59] | And life on that farm | 农场上有了他 |
[1:12:02] | is just a whole lot better with him in it. | 生活好了不知道多少倍 |
[1:12:06] | He really is some pig. | 他确实是头了不起的猪 |
[1:12:09] | Way to go, Wilbur! | 干得不错 Wilbur! |
[1:12:29] | Charlotte, look how happy she is! | Charlotte 看她多高兴! |
[1:12:32] | lsn’t that great? | 这不很好吗? |
[1:12:34] | Yes, it’s wonderful. | 是的 非常好 |
[1:12:37] | Hey, what’s that? | 嘿 那是什么? |
[1:12:38] | This is my magnum opus. | 是我的杰作 |
[1:12:42] | What’s a magnet opus? | 什么是杰作? |
[1:12:45] | Magnum opus. | 杰作 |
[1:12:47] | It means great work. It’s a nutrient- filled, waterproof egg sac. | 意思是 伟大的作品 是营养丰富 防水的卵囊 |
[1:12:52] | Really? There’s eggs in there? | 真的? 里面有卵? |
[1:12:54] | My babies, 51 4 of them. | 我的宝宝 514个 |
[1:12:57] | Wow! With 51 4 baby spiders all over the place, | 哇! 514个蜘蛛宝宝 到处都爬满了 |
[1:13:02] | it’s going to be really radiant in the barn! | 会让农场容光焕发的! |
[1:13:04] | Wilbur, I’m afraid they’re not going to make it back to the barn. | Wilbur 我担心他们回不了农场 |
[1:13:08] | What? | 什么? |
[1:13:10] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么? |
[1:13:11] | You’re not going to leave them here alone, are you? | 你不会扔下他们吧? |
[1:13:14] | l have no choice. I’m languishing. | 别无选择了 我在衰退 |
[1:13:17] | What does that mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:13:19] | It means I’m dying. | 我快死了 |
[1:13:21] | What? | 什么? |
[1:13:22] | You can’t die! | 你不能死! |
[1:13:24] | Wilbur, we’re born, we live, | Wilbur 我们出生 我们活过 |
[1:13:27] | and, when our time comes, we die. | 时候来了 我们就要死去 |
[1:13:30] | It’s just the natural cycle of life. | 这只是生命的自然循环 |
[1:13:33] | No! No, just climb down. | 不! 不 爬下来 |
[1:13:35] | I’ll carry you the rest of the way. | 我背你走完余下的路 |
[1:13:38] | We’ll go back to the barn, and I’ll take care of you. | 我们回农场 我照顾你 |
[1:13:41] | No, Wilbur. | 不 Wilbur |
[1:13:43] | l don’t even have the strength to climb down. | 我甚至无力爬下来 |
[1:13:46] | You have to. | 你必须爬 |
[1:13:48] | You’ve done so much for me! | 你为我做了这么多! |
[1:13:50] | And it was my great pleasure. | 我很乐意 |
[1:13:52] | Please come down, Charlotte. | 请下来 Charlotte |
[1:13:55] | Please. There must be something I can do. | 拜托 我一定能做点什么的 |
[1:13:57] | No, Wilbur. | 不 Wilbur |
[1:13:58] | Don’t you know what you’ve already done? | 你不知道自己做了什么吗? |
[1:14:01] | You made me your friend, | 你交了我这个朋友 |
[1:14:03] | and, in doing so, you made a spider beautiful to everyone in that barn. | 你让一只蜘蛛在农场每个人眼中如此美丽 |
[1:14:09] | l didn’t do anything, Charlotte. You did it all. | 我什么也没做 Charlotte 全是你自己做的 |
[1:14:12] | No. My webs were no miracle, Wilbur. | 不 我的网不是什么奇迹 Wilbur |
[1:14:16] | l was only describing what I saw. | 我仅仅描绘了我所见到的 |
[1:14:19] | The miracle is you. | 你才是奇迹 |
[1:14:42] | Templeton! | 嘿Templeton! |
[1:14:43] | Charlotte is very sick. | Charlotte生病了 |
[1:14:45] | Yeah, and twisted. | 是 他是一个怪胎 |
[1:14:48] | She’s dying! She can’t go home with us. | 她快死了! 不能和我们回家了 |
[1:14:51] | So, I need you to help me take her egg sac with us. | 所以 我需要你帮我把卵囊带上 |
[1:14:53] | Did you say eggs? | 你说卵? |
[1:14:54] | It’s an egg sac. And it’s right up there, | 是颗卵囊 就在这上面 |
[1:14:57] | and it has her children in it. | 里面有她的孩子 |
[1:14:58] | And I can’t just leave it here. What if something happened to them? | 我不能就这样离开 要是情况不妙怎么办? |
[1:15:02] | Now, I can’t reach it, so I need you to get it for me. | 可我够不着 所以你得帮我去拿 |
[1:15:05] | And I need you to do it now. | 现在就做 |
[1:15:07] | l don’t think I like your tone. | 我不喜欢你这腔调 |
[1:15:08] | Can’t you just once in your life think of someone other than yourself? | 你就不能考虑下别人的感受吗? 哪怕就一次? |
[1:15:12] | – A little further. Keep coming. – Once? Once? | – 再后退一点 继续 – 一次? 一次? |
[1:15:15] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[1:15:16] | No, you come on! | 不 你才拜托! |
[1:15:18] | Who got his hindquarters pecked to make you radiant, huh? | 是谁为了让你”容光焕发” 导致自己后腿和屁股被啄? |
[1:15:21] | Templeton, that’s who. | Templeton 就是他 |
[1:15:23] | And who interrupted the gorging of a lifetime so you could be humble? | 是谁为了让你”谦卑” 停止吃我一生都难吃到的食物? |
[1:15:26] | Why, I think it was Templeton! | 为什么 我想是Templeton! |
[1:15:29] | Templeton! Templeton! Templeton! | 哦是Templeton! Templeton! Templeton啊! |
[1:15:33] | And do I get thanked? | 有人感谢我吗? |
[1:15:36] | No! | 没有! |
[1:15:37] | Well, has it ever occurred to you | 你有没有想过 |
[1:15:39] | that even a rat might like a little appreciation? | 就算是老鼠 他也需要一些感激 |
[1:15:43] | A little, dare I say, love? | 一丁点 我敢说 爱吗? |
[1:15:46] | Do it and you’ll get dibs on my slop for the rest of my life. | 去拿 以后任你享用我的食物 |
[1:15:49] | Done. | 成交 |
[1:15:50] | Hurry! Up in the corner on the ledge. | 快点! 在壁架的角落里 |
[1:16:06] | Templeton! | 嘿Templeton! |
[1:16:14] | Come on! | 快点! |
[1:16:24] | Thank you, Templeton, | 谢谢你 Templeton |
[1:16:27] | for everything. | 为我做的一切 |
[1:16:39] | It’s okay, just drop it. Hurry! | 没事的 松口 快点! |
[1:16:45] | Here you go. Here’s your medal. | 给你 你的奖牌 |
[1:16:48] | – ln you go. – Time to go home, Wilbur. | – 进去吧 – 该回家了 Wilbur |
[1:16:50] | All right. Close her up, Lurvy. | 好的 把她关起来 Lurvy |
[1:16:55] | Okay, easy now. | 好的 这就容易了 |
[1:17:10] | Goodbye, | 永别了 |
[1:17:12] | my sweet, sweet Wilbur. | 我亲爱的Wilbur |
[1:17:18] | Goodbye, Charlotte. | 永别了 Charlotte |
[1:17:20] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:18:08] | ls that our lovely- ovely- ovely little Wilbur? | 那不是我们可爱的 美丽的 迷人的小Wilbur吗? |
[1:18:12] | – And he’s got a medal! – Strong work, kid. | – 他得了个奖牌! – 干得不错 孩子 |
[1:18:14] | He looks so grown up. | 他看起来如此成熟 |
[1:18:16] | – I always knew he could do it. – Never had a doubt. | – 我一直坚信他能做到 – 从没怀疑过 |
[1:18:18] | Welcome home, Wilbur. | 欢迎回家 Wilbur |
[1:18:23] | Wilbur? | Wilbur啊? |
[1:18:24] | Where’s Charlotte? | Charlotte在哪里? |
[1:18:26] | l got a bad feeling, Bits. | 我感到不妙 Bits |
[1:18:28] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[1:19:27] | Now, that isn’t to say Charlotte was gone forever. | 现在 不能说Charlotte永远离我们而去了 |
[1:19:31] | She lived on in the hearts of those that knew her, | 她活在那些认识她的人的心里 |
[1:19:33] | and even those that didn’t. | 甚至是不认识她的人 |
[1:19:37] | Something had changed in Somerset County. | 萨默塞特郡变了 |
[1:19:40] | It was as if people knew they lived in a special place now. | 人们好象知道自己生活在一个特别的地方 |
[1:19:45] | And, in small ways, they started being special people, | 他们开始表现得特别 |
[1:19:49] | a little bit kinder, | 更友好 |
[1:19:52] | a bit more understanding. | 更善解人意 |
[1:19:55] | And the animals feIt different, too. | 动物们感觉也不同了 |
[1:19:57] | Closer. | 他们更亲密了 |
[1:20:00] | The warmth of their friendship carried them through the long, cold months. | 温暖的友谊助他们度过漫长寒冷的冬天 |
[1:20:05] | They showed it in little gestures of kindness, | 他们用表达友善的轻微手势 |
[1:20:08] | unusual patience, | 不寻常的耐心 |
[1:20:10] | and promises kept. | 和信守承诺来展现友谊 |
[1:20:14] | Even the hardest of hearts found themselves rising to the occasion. | 甚至是最强硬的心也被感染了 |
[1:20:26] | And, finally, the greatest promise of all, | 最终 最大的承诺也实现了 |
[1:20:31] | a spring pig saw his first snowfall. | 童子猪第一次见到了下雪 |
[1:20:36] | It was as though Charlotte herseIf had shaken it out of the sky. | 那好象就是Charlotte自己带来的雪 |
[1:21:11] | The stillness of winter continued to the first thaw, like it always does. | 沉静的冬季开始融化 就像往常一样 |
[1:21:17] | And then, the first buds of spring. | 然后 是春天的第一次萌芽 |
[1:21:21] | And, before you knew it, life had come full circle. | 在你知道以前 生命又回到新的起点 |
[1:21:41] | They’re here! They’re here! | 他们出来了! 他们出来了! |
[1:21:43] | They’re here, everybody! | 出来了 大家快来! |
[1:21:45] | Hey, there. I’m Wilbur. I’m a friend of your mom’s. | 嗨 你们好 我是Wilbur 我是你们妈妈的朋友 |
[1:21:49] | Boy, are we glad to see you! | 我们真高兴见到你们! |
[1:21:56] | So creepy! | 太恐怖了! |
[1:21:58] | And cute! Just like their mother. | 很可爱! 就跟他们妈妈一样 |
[1:22:00] | They’re so, so beautiful. | 他们如此漂亮 |
[1:22:04] | l just want to scoop them up and hug them all. | 我真想把他们都捧起来拥抱他们 |
[1:22:07] | Wow, you can fly! | 你们能飞! |
[1:22:10] | Look at you go! | 看啊! |
[1:22:24] | Now that is something to follow. | 现在这个是该跟着叫的 |
[1:22:31] | Go, little spiders! Be free! I wish I could. | 飞啊 小蜘蛛! 寻找自由! 我希望我也能飞 |
[1:22:35] | I’m kidding, honey. I think I got one inside my beak. | 我开玩笑的 亲爱的 我想我嘴巴里爬了只蜘蛛 |
[1:22:40] | – Thanks, baby. – That’s my Golly- olly- olly. | – 谢谢 宝贝 – 这才象话 |
[1:22:44] | Wow! | 哇! |
[1:22:45] | I can’t believe they’re really here. | 我无法相信他们真的在这里 |
[1:22:47] | – So pretty. – Yeah, Bits. | – 太漂亮了 – 是啊 Bits |
[1:22:51] | You doing okay over there, lke? | 你在那边还好吗 lke? |
[1:22:53] | I’m okay with it. I’m okay with it, Bets. | 我还好 Bets |
[1:22:56] | I’m okay with it. | 我还好 |
[1:22:59] | Spiders are nice. Spiders are my friend. | 蜘蛛很友善 蜘蛛是我朋友 |
[1:23:03] | Spiders won’t hurt me. | 蜘蛛不会伤害我 |
[1:23:13] | Wait! What’s happening? What are you doing? | 等等! 发生什么事了? 你们在干嘛? |
[1:23:17] | – Bye! – Bye! | – 再见! – 再见! |
[1:23:19] | Please don’t go. | 请别走 |
[1:23:21] | – Goodbye! Bye! – Wait! Wait! | – 再见! – 等等! |
[1:23:25] | Goodbye! | 再见! |
[1:23:28] | Where are you going? | 你们去哪里? |
[1:23:30] | We’re setting forth. | 我们出发 |
[1:23:31] | We take to the breeze. We go as we please. | 我们乘着风 想去哪就去哪 |
[1:23:35] | We take to the breeze! | 我们乘风而去! |
[1:23:37] | Bye! | 再见! |
[1:23:38] | But you can’t go! | 可你们不能走! |
[1:23:41] | l had so much I wanted to tell you! | 我有很多话要对你们说! |
[1:23:45] | And someone I wanted to tell you about. | 我想告诉你们一个人 |
[1:23:55] | Salutations! | 敬礼! |
[1:23:58] | – Who said that? – I’m up here. | – 谁说的? – 我在上面呢 |
[1:24:00] | – So am l. – Me, too. | – 我也是 – 我也是 |
[1:24:02] | – We’d like to stay. – We like it here. | – 我们愿意留下来 – 我们喜欢这里 |
[1:24:05] | And we like you, too. | 我们也喜欢你 |
[1:24:07] | You’re staying? Oh, that’s great! That’s really, really great! | 你们留下? 噢 太好了! 真的太棒了! |
[1:24:12] | Three friends! What are your names? | 三个朋友! 你们叫什么? |
[1:24:16] | I’ll tell you my name if you’ll tell me why you’re trembling. | 要是你告诉我为什么你在发抖 我就告诉你我的名字 |
[1:24:20] | Well, I think I’m trembling with joy. | 我想我这是兴奋得发抖 |
[1:24:22] | – Then my name is Joy. – Joy? Perfect. | – 那我就叫Joy – Joy? 太好了 |
[1:24:25] | – What was my mom’s middle initial? – A. | – 我妈中间名字的那个首字母是什么? – A |
[1:24:28] | Then my name is Aranea. | 那我叫Aranea |
[1:24:30] | Wow! Great name! | 哇! 很棒的名字! |
[1:24:33] | Why don’t you pick my name for me? | 你帮我取名怎样? |
[1:24:34] | Something sensible. Not too long, not too fancy. | 比较敏感一点 别太长 别太花哨 |
[1:24:39] | And not too dumb. | 也别太愚蠢 |
[1:24:41] | Tricky. How about | 真狡猾 |
[1:24:44] | Nellie? | Nellie怎么样? |
[1:24:45] | Nellie? I like it. Well done! | Nellie? 我喜欢 取得真好! |
[1:24:49] | Joy, Aranea, Nellie, | 嘿Joy Aranea Nellie |
[1:24:51] | you have chosen a hallowed doorway in which to spin your webs. | 你们选择了神圣之门来织网 |
[1:24:56] | This was your mother’s doorway. | 这是你们妈妈的门 |
[1:24:58] | She was loyal, brilliant, beautiful, | 她很诚实 聪明 美丽 |
[1:25:02] | and she was my friend. | 而且她是我朋友 |
[1:25:03] | I will treasure her memory forever. | 我会把对她的回忆永藏于心 |
[1:25:06] | So, to you, her daughters, I pledge my friendship. | 对她的女儿 你们 我宣誓我的友谊 |
[1:25:11] | I pledge mine! | 我宣誓我的! |
[1:25:12] | – I do, too! – So do I! | – 我也是! – 我也宣誓! |
[1:25:24] | Okay, I’d like to make a couple of announcements. | 好了 我想宣布几个事情 |
[1:25:28] | First of all, | 首先 |
[1:25:29] | if you gals are word- lovers, | 要是你们喜欢写字 |
[1:25:31] | and you need a few scraps of paper for inspiration, | 又需要一些纸条激发灵感 |
[1:25:34] | don’t look at me. | 别来找我 |
[1:25:36] | My word- fetching days are over. | 我寻字的日子已经结束 |
[1:25:39] | I’m not the rat I used to be. I’m at least twice that. | 我也表示以前的那只老鼠了 我至少胖了一倍 |
[1:25:45] | So, if you need something to write, try this, | 所以 如果你们想写什么东西 试试这个 |
[1:25:48] | Some rat. Some rat. | 某只老鼠 某只老鼠 |
[1:25:51] | Think about it. | 考虑下吧 |
[1:25:52] | Slops! Oh, yeah! | 食物! 噢 耶! |
[1:26:00] | And, in an ordinary barn, | 在一个普通的农场 |
[1:26:03] | an ordinary pig, a runt no less, | 一头普通的猪 最多是个矮猪 |
[1:26:07] | stood surrounded by friends, | 被朋友们围绕 |
[1:26:11] | welcoming his second spring. | 正迎接自己的第个二春天 |
[1:26:15] | And that spring was followed by many, many more. | 而那个春天过后 还有更多更多的春天到来 |
[1:26:20] | All because someone stopped to see the grace | 这全因为某个人静下心来 看到了 |
[1:26:23] | and beauty and nobility of the humblest creature. | 这最卑微的动物身上的优雅 漂亮和高贵 |
[1:26:29] | That is the miracle of friendship. | 这就是友谊的奇迹 |
[1:26:34] | It is not often that someone comes along | 在你的一生中 你不会常常遇到 |
[1:26:36] | who is a true friend and a good writer. | 一个真心朋友和一个好的写手 |
[1:26:40] | Charlotte was both. | 而Charlotte两个都是 |