时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:47] | …$223 billion, putting an edge on the current fight on Capitol Hill | 2230亿元赤字 加剧国会内部 |
[01:51] | about how deeply to cut this year’s spending, | 关于今年削减财政支出力度的争议 |
[01:53] | along with projections that it would bring the debt ceiling… excuse me… | 同时预测 此举将使债务上限…抱歉 |
[01:56] | the deficit to 1.6 trillion, | 赤字达到1.6万亿 |
[01:58] | ensuring that the debt ceiling will be hit during this fiscal year. | 确信将于本财政年度内 达到债务上限 |
[02:01] | That’s “News Night.” | 《晚间新闻》到此结束 |
[02:03] | Thanks for washing us… watching us. Let me get out of here. | 感谢收刊…收看 播报结束 |
[02:06] | Will McAvoy is coming up | 接下来由威尔·麦卡沃伊 |
[02:07] | with the “Capitol Report” From Washington. | 从华盛顿为您带来《国会报告》 |
[02:09] | I’m Terry… no. | 我是泰利 不对 |
[02:11] | – That’s not true. – End the broadcast. | -不对 -说结束语 |
[02:14] | – I’m Will McAvoy. – Attaboy. | -我是威尔·麦卡沃伊 -乖孩子 |
[02:16] | Terry Smith is coming up, mercifully, | 接下来由泰利·史密斯 |
[02:18] | with the “Capitol Report” From Washington. | 从华盛顿为您带来《国会报告》 |
[02:19] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[02:25] | – What is wrong with you? – I’m fine. | -你没毛病吧 -我没事 |
[02:27] | – “Thank you for washing us”? – Think people noticed? | -“感谢收刊” -有人发觉吗 |
[02:30] | I do. Stand here on this spot. | 会 站到这里来 |
[02:33] | – What are you doing? – Administering an eye exam. | -干什么 -给你测一下视力 |
[02:35] | – Excellent. – Read the top line. | -太棒了 -第一行是什么 |
[02:37] | – E. – Next line. | -E -下一行 |
[02:40] | I don’t know why people think | 真不明白 怎么会有人觉得 |
[02:40] | there’s a problem with health care in this country. | 现行的医保制度有问题 |
[02:42] | – Our current system is fine. – Next line. | -这样不是挺好的嘛 -下一行 |
[02:44] | L-G. The next line, R-T-Z. | L G 下一行 R T Z |
[02:47] | The Greek letter for pi, | 希腊字母π |
[02:49] | the geometric symbol for congruent, | 几何学里的”全等”符号 |
[02:51] | and something off the table of natural elements. | 还有某种化学元素符号 |
[02:52] | Great, put your tie back on and get in the studio | 很好 戴上领带 回到演播室去 |
[02:55] | so we can retape that for the West Coast. | 给西海岸的观众重录一个结尾 |
[02:57] | What’s the problem? | 怎么了 |
[02:59] | I didn’t get much sleep last night. | 我昨晚没睡好 |
[03:01] | – How much is not much? – None. | -怎么个没睡好 -一点没睡 |
[03:03] | – Seriously? – I went to bed at midnight, didn’t fall asleep. | -真的吗 -我半夜躺下来 一直没睡着 |
[03:06] | Is this the first time that’s happened? | 这是你第一次失眠吗 |
[03:08] | – No. – Is it the second time? | -不是 -第二次吗 |
[03:10] | I’m having a little bout with insomnia. | 我失眠有一阵子了 |
[03:12] | Have you tried Ambien? | 吃过安眠药了吗 |
[03:13] | I don’t want to wake up in the middle of the Triborough Bridge | 我可不想一觉醒来发现自己在三区大桥上 |
[03:15] | eating scrambled eggs in my pajamas. | 穿着睡衣吃炒鸡蛋 |
[03:17] | How those eggs got into my pajamas I’ll never know. | 鸡蛋怎么跑进我睡衣里了呀 |
[03:20] | You shouldn’t do Groucho. | 不要模仿格劳乔 |
[03:20] | 格劳乔·马克思: 美国早期著名喜剧演员 原句为”大象怎么跑进我睡衣里了” | |
[03:22] | Seriously, you need to sleep | 你真得好好睡觉 |
[03:24] | or you’re gonna forget to thank people for washing us. | 否则会忘记感谢观众的”收刊” |
[03:26] | I’m seeing my guy tomorrow at 10:00. | 我明天10点去看我的心理医生 |
[03:27] | – Who’s your guy? – Abe. | -你的心理医生是谁 -亚伯 |
[03:29] | – Who’s Abe? – Dr. Habib. | -亚伯是谁 -哈比卜医生 |
[03:31] | You’re still seeing Abe? That’s wonderful, Will. | 你还去亚伯那儿 太好了 威尔 |
[03:34] | Everyone could use a little therapy. | 人人都需要咨询 |
[03:35] | And you a lot more than most. I’m glad you’re doing that. | 尤其是你 你这么做我很开心 |
[03:37] | – Well… – You’ve been skipping appointments? | -我… -你没按时去见他 |
[03:41] | – Sometimes. – When was the last time you saw him? | -有那么几次 -你上次见他是什么时候 |
[03:43] | – What’s today, the 12th? – Yeah. | -今天是12号吗 -对 |
[03:45] | – About four years ago. – Why did you stop seeing him? | -四年前 -你为什么不去见他 |
[03:48] | – I’ve kept the appointments. – What does that mean? | -我一直按时预约 -什么意思 |
[03:50] | I’ve had an appointment every Wednesday at 10:00. I just don’t go. | 我每周三10点都有预约 就是不去罢了 |
[03:52] | You’ve been paying him for four years? | 四年来 你一直白付他钱吗 |
[03:54] | – Don’t be ridiculous. – Thank God. | -开什么玩笑 -谢天谢地 |
[03:56] | I have a business manager who does that. | 我的财务给他付的钱 |
[04:17] | Why don’t you read a magazine? | 你读本杂志吧 |
[04:19] | No, I’ve already read that issue of “Cat Fancy” cover to cover | 不了 那期《爱猫》我已经从头到尾看过了 |
[04:23] | and I’m saving “American Stamp Collector” for a long plane ride. | 《美国集邮者》我要留到长途飞机里再读 |
[04:26] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:27] | Why not just go to your regular doctor? | 你为什么不去你平时看的医生那里 |
[04:29] | When I go to my internist, he asks me questions. | 我去看我的内科医生时 他总会问东问西 |
[04:31] | It’s a half-hour interview before he puts on a stethoscope. | 先聊上半小时之后 才把听诊器戴上 |
[04:34] | – What kinds of questions? – I don’t know. | -他问些什么 -我不知道 |
[04:36] | – How you feeling? – Asshole. | -你感觉怎样 -真混蛋 |
[04:40] | Here, read “Vegan Health.” | 给 读读《素食健康》 |
[04:43] | – Will? – Yeah. | -威尔吗 -是我 |
[04:45] | I’m Jack Habib. Come on in. | 我叫杰克·哈比卜 进来吧 |
[04:47] | Are you Abe’s son? | 你是亚伯的儿子 |
[04:49] | – I am. – Nice to meet you. | -是的 -幸会 |
[04:51] | – You, too. Come on in. – Is your dad inside? | -幸会 请进 -你爸在里面吗 |
[04:54] | No. | 不在 |
[04:55] | I can wait out here. | 我可以在外面等 |
[04:58] | My father died two years ago | 我父亲两年前去世了 |
[05:00] | and I took his practice. Come on in. | 我接替了他 请进吧 |
[05:02] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[05:04] | Wait, what? | 慢着 什么 |
[05:08] | Will, I’m Dr. Jacob Habib, | 威尔 我是雅各布·哈比卜医生 |
[05:11] | son of Dr. Abraham Habib. | 亚伯拉罕·哈比卜医生的儿子 |
[05:13] | My father passed away and his patients now see me. | 我父亲去世后 他的病人归我看了 |
[05:17] | You’ve been paying me for two years. | 你付了我两年报酬了 |
[05:19] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[05:21] | How old are you? | 你多大了 |
[05:24] | 29 I’m 29. | |
[05:26] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[05:27] | – Can you write prescriptions? – Yeah. Let’s go. | -你能开处方吗 -能 来吧 |
[05:31] | – I’ll be two minutes. – All right. | -等我两分钟 -好吧 |
[05:37] | So if you’re 29… | 你才29岁 |
[05:38] | Don’t try to count backwards. I did everything early. | 别往回算年龄了 我上学比别人早 |
[05:41] | So unless you’re certain you’ve got a Doogie Howser joke I haven’t heard, | 所有的《天才小医生》笑话我都听过了 |
[05:46] | why don’t we just assume it was hilarious and move on? | 不如我们假装很搞笑 然后谈正事吧 |
[05:48] | – Okay. – So what’s going on? | -好吧 -说说怎么回事吧 |
[05:50] | I need something to help me sleep. | 我需要点帮助睡眠的药 |
[05:52] | – Why? – I can’t sleep. | -为什么 -我睡不着 |
[05:56] | – Why? – I don’t know. | -为什么 -不知道 |
[05:58] | Any recent change in diet? | 饮食上最近有变化吗 |
[06:00] | I haven’t changed my diet since college. | 从大学起饮食就没变过 |
[06:02] | – You should. – I invented a new sandwich. | -该变一变 -我发明了一种新式三明治 |
[06:05] | Scrambled eggs, bacon, and melted cheese on toast. | 吐司上放炒鸡蛋 培根 融化的奶酪 |
[06:07] | I make two of them every night before I get into bed. | 我每晚睡前做两个 |
[06:08] | You invented an Egg McMuffin. | 你发明了”麦满分” |
[06:10] | – Getting enough exercise? – I have to scramble the eggs. | -有足够的运动吗 -有炒鸡蛋 |
[06:13] | – And other than that? – No. | -除了这个呢 -没了 |
[06:15] | Look, any kind of sleeping pill will do. | 随便开个安眠药就行了 |
[06:17] | Sure. Just talk a little bit? | 行 先聊一聊吧 |
[06:20] | Oh, God, please, let’s not. | 天 拜托 别了 |
[06:24] | – You’re still taking Effexor? – No. | -你还在用文拉法辛吗 -不用了 |
[06:27] | – Clonazepam? – No. | -氯硝西泮呢 -不用了 |
[06:29] | – Ativan? – No. | -劳拉西泮呢 -不用了 |
[06:30] | Four years ago, you were on 135mg of Effexor | 四年前 你睡前需要135毫克的文拉法辛 |
[06:34] | plus Clonazepam and Ativan at bedtime. | 外加氯硝西泮和劳拉西泮 |
[06:36] | I’m not anymore. | 现在不用了 |
[06:37] | – Why is that? – I was cured. | -为什么呢 -我好了啊 |
[06:39] | These are all antianxiety medications. | 这些都是抗焦虑药物 |
[06:41] | And I have no more anxiety. | 我现在不焦虑了 |
[06:43] | Except for not being able to sleep. | 除了睡不着 |
[06:44] | Right, so if you’ll just give me a prescription for… | 对啊 你只需给我开个处方 |
[06:46] | Yeah, I’m going to. | 我会开的 |
[06:48] | – Just a few more questions. – Okay. | -再问几个问题 -好吧 |
[06:50] | Any extra stress at work? | 工作上有什么额外压力吗 |
[06:53] | Extra stress? | 额外压力 |
[06:54] | – Yeah. – No. | -对 -没有 |
[06:55] | – No extra stress? – No. | -没有额外压力吗 -没有 |
[06:58] | – One more question. – Sure. | -再问一句 -行 |
[07:00] | What are you fucking around with me for? | 你他妈跟我兜什么圈子 |
[07:02] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[07:04] | What are you fucking around with me for? | 你他妈跟我兜什么圈子 |
[07:06] | I just asked if there’s any extra stress at work… | 我问你 工作上有没有额外压力 |
[07:08] | There isn’t. | 没有 |
[07:09] | There isn’t. | 没有啊 |
[07:11] | What about the death threat? | 恐吓信呢 |
[07:13] | You know about that? | 你也知道 |
[07:15] | Anyone who reads a newspaper knows about that. | 看报的人都知道 |
[07:17] | – It’s truly not a big deal. – No? | -没什么大不了的 -是吗 |
[07:19] | Jack, can I get the prescription? | 杰克 可以开处方了吗 |
[07:20] | Just tell me how a death threat isn’t a big deal. | 跟我说说恐吓信怎么就没什么大不了 |
[07:23] | I used to be a criminal prosecutor. | 我以前做过刑事检察官 |
[07:25] | And I’m telling you nobody who’s serious about killing you | 要是有人真想杀你 |
[07:27] | sends you a note beforehand to warn you. | 就不会事先给你警告 |
[07:29] | The gentleman who is with you in the waiting room, he’s a bodyguard, right? | 跟你一起坐着等的那人 是保镖吧 |
[07:32] | Yeah, but you shouldn’t… that’s the… | 是 但你别… 那是… |
[07:34] | our insurance company makes that decision. | 是保险公司的决定 |
[07:36] | Based on what? | 有什么根据呢 |
[07:38] | They have experts who determine whether a cret is threadible… | 他们有专家判别 可信是否威胁… |
[07:40] | threat is credible. | 威胁是否可信 |
[07:42] | And why do they think the threat is credible? | 他们为何认为 这次威胁可信呢 |
[07:44] | Nine questions ago, you said one more question. | 九个问题了 你说”再问一句” |
[07:46] | Why do they think the threat is credible? | 他们为何认为 这次威胁可信呢 |
[07:47] | Because I changed the rules of the comment section of our website. | 因为我改了网站评论栏的规则 |
[07:51] | That’s all. I changed the rules of the comment section. | 仅此而已 我改了网站评论栏的规则 |
[07:54] | As always, or at least since Monday, | 一直以来 至少是本周一以来 |
[07:56] | we end our show with your own viewer comments on our website. | 我们在节目最后 会读几条网友评论 |
[07:59] | So let’s see what we have tonight. | 来看看今晚有哪些 |
[08:01] | LollypopLollypop says, “30 more seconds | 棒棒糖棒棒糖说”再多30秒 |
[08:04] | and you would have had that self-loathing hypocrite in tears.” | 你就能把那个厌恶自己的伪君子弄哭了” |
[08:07] | That… that was absolutely not my intention. | 那完全不是我的本意 |
[08:11] | SurrendrDorothee said, “Your Log Cabin closet case | 投降吧多萝西说”这个躲着不出柜的家伙 |
[08:11] | 《汤姆叔叔的小屋》讲述黑人奴隶汤姆叔叔的苦难经历 最近一些年间 汤姆叔叔成了”投靠白人的黑人”的绰号 | |
[08:14] | hit the Uncle Tom Daily Double… | 简直是汤姆叔叔的翻版 |
[08:16] | a traitor to his race and a traitor to his sexual orientation.” | 他背叛了自己的肤色和性取向” |
[08:19] | Don’t blow a gasket. | 压住火 |
[08:21] | He’s plainly not a closet case. He’s openly gay. | 他没有躲 他公开承认自己是同性恋 |
[08:24] | I also think he showed a lot of courage coming on the show. | 我还认为 他来参加节目很有勇气 |
[08:27] | Certainly more courage than it takes to post an anonymous comment on a website. | 肯定比某些匿名发言的家伙有勇气 |
[08:31] | Terry Smith’s coming up from Washington | 接下来由泰利·史密斯 |
[08:33] | with the “Capitol Report.” | 从华盛顿为您带来《国会报告》 |
[08:35] | I’m Will McAvoy. Good night. | 我是威尔·麦卡沃伊 晚安 |
[08:40] | We’re out. | 直播结束 |
[08:47] | – Neal! – Believe me, those were the best two we had. | -尼尔 -相信我 那两条已经是最好的了 |
[08:49] | Why didn’t we just hit him in the head with a shovel? | 我们干脆一铲子把他打死算了 |
[08:51] | – We’ve got to talk about what just happened. – I’m trying to. | -我们得谈谈刚才的事 -我谈着呢 |
[08:53] | Not the website. | 不是网站评论 |
[08:54] | We’ve got to talk about what happened on the air. | 我们得谈谈你直播发火的事 |
[08:55] | – I don’t want to talk about it. – Were you outside your body? | -我不想谈 -你脑袋短路了吗 |
[08:56] | I don’t want to talk about it. I want to talk about the website. | 我不想谈 我要谈网站评论 |
[08:58] | The website’s not the problem right now. | 网站不是问题 |
[09:00] | It’s my problem right now. We’re putting up these comments… | 我觉得是问题 我们居然把这种评论… |
[09:03] | – We’ve heard this before. – But we’re still doing it. | -又不是第一次 -但我们居然还在做 |
[09:05] | It’s a trade with Reese. The page views offset the ratings drop. | 这是和里斯的交易 用网页浏览量抵收视率 |
[09:08] | Is there any way of knowing if LollypopLollypop | 有没有办法能知道棒棒糖棒棒糖 |
[09:10] | is 10 years old? Or a basset hound? | 是不是才10岁 或者压根是条巴吉度猎犬 |
[09:12] | The reason basset hounds have such long ears | 巴吉度猎犬耳朵长是因为 |
[09:14] | is so they can waft up the scent when they’re hunting. | 能在狩猎时 捕捉猎物气味 |
[09:16] | – Is there any way of knowing? – No. | -有没有办法知道 -没有 |
[09:19] | Is there any way of knowing if LollypopLollypop | 那能不能搞清棒棒糖棒棒糖 |
[09:22] | – and SurrendrDorothee are the same person? – No. | -和投降吧多萝西是否同一人 -不能 |
[09:24] | Who posts comments on the Internet more, | 哪种人喜欢在网上评论 |
[09:26] | – people who are content or people who are incontent? – Discontent. | -是满意的还是非满的 -不满 |
[09:28] | – What? – It’s discontent, not incontent. | -什么 -是不满 不是非满 |
[09:30] | – It’s about 30-1 incontent. – Discontent. | -非满的30比1 -不满 |
[09:33] | Final question: in your wildest dreams, | 最后一个问题 哪怕是在梦里 |
[09:35] | can you imagine Walter Cronkite saying LollypopLollypop | 你能想象 沃尔特·克朗凯特 |
[09:35] | 冷战时期美国最富盛名的电视新闻节目主持人 被称为最可信任的美国人 | |
[09:37] | as many times as I have in the last 10 minutes? | 像我那样 说那么多遍棒棒糖吗 |
[09:40] | Not unless he was in an a cappella doo-wop group, no. | 除非他是无伴奏蓝调合唱团成员 |
[09:43] | He wasn’t. Here’s what I’d love. | 他不是 我想这么做 |
[09:45] | You want to join the discussion, fine. | 你想参加讨论 行 |
[09:46] | I want to know your name, age, occupation, | 但我要知道你的姓名 年龄 职业 |
[09:48] | – and level of education. – Oh, God. | -还有教育程度 -天啊 |
[09:50] | The thing about the Internet is it’s a populist tool. | 可是 网络是民粹主义的工具 |
[09:50] | 民粹是一种人民不满现状的意识形态 宁愿要人民相信自己 也不愿相信制度 | |
[09:53] | Populists have names, too. | 民粹主义者也有名字 |
[09:54] | 威廉·詹宁斯·布莱恩: 威尔逊总统任期时的国务卿 威尔·罗杰斯: 二三十年代著名艺人 美国”进步时代”的领军政治人物 | |
[09:54] | William Jennings Bryan, Will Rogers, me. | 比如威廉·詹宁斯·布莱恩 威尔·罗杰斯 还有我 |
[09:56] | – Will. – Unless you’re Deep Throat | -威尔 -除非你是”深喉” |
[09:58] | or in the Witness Protection Program, anonymity is cowardice. | 或身处证人保护项目 不然匿名就是懦夫 |
[10:01] | You’re in a mob. You’re lobbing smack from the cheap seats. | 躲在人群中 仗势欺人 |
[10:03] | Don’t we have bigger fish to fry than the… | 我们还有更重要的事要办 |
[10:05] | Yes, but we can fry more than one fish at a time. | 没错 但我们可以几件事同时办 |
[10:07] | And how could we possibly verify someone’s name, | 况且 我们怎么去核实一个人的姓名 |
[10:09] | – age, occupation, and level of education? – Neal? | -年龄 职业和教育程度 -尼尔 |
[10:12] | We implement a third-party verification service. | 使用第三方认证工具 |
[10:15] | All you had to say was, “We can’t” | 你只用说一句 “不能” |
[10:17] | – and the conversation would have been over. – So it is possible? | -这段对话就能结束了 -真的可行吗 |
[10:20] | It’s what the IRS uses when you’re filing online. | 你上网填税单时 税务局就用这个 |
[10:22] | Talk to me, Tonto. | 给我说说 通托 |
[10:22] | 通托: 《独行侠》系列电影中的游侠的同伴 通托之于游侠 相当于 桑丘之于堂吉诃德 | |
[10:24] | – We can do it if you want. – Oh, I want. | -你若想要 我可以加上 -太想要了 |
[10:26] | Won’t the result be that nobody posts comments on our website anymore? | 这么做不就没人来评论了吗 |
[10:28] | First of all, oh, no. What will we do without feedback from SurrendrDorothee? | 首先 天要塌了 投降吧多萝西这种人不来评论了 |
[10:32] | And second, the result will be our website will ghettoize every other website. | 其次 结果会是我们网站脱颖而出 |
[10:35] | The result will be civility in the public square | 结果会是公共言论的规范化 |
[10:38] | and a triumph of populism. | 和民粹主义的胜利 |
[10:39] | I’m going to single-handedly fix the Internet. | 看我单枪匹马 拯救互联网 |
[10:42] | – What could possibly go wrong? – Will! | -能出什么问题 -威尔 |
[10:44] | – What? – We have to talk about what just happened. | -怎么了 -我们得谈谈直播事故 |
[10:47] | No, we don’t. We’re just gonna move on. | 不谈 过去就过去了 |
[10:51] | And when did you get the death threat? | 你何时收到恐吓信的 |
[10:53] | I don’t know. A day after the mosque interview. | 不清楚 清真寺采访后一天 |
[10:56] | We know that an Islamic trend | 大家都知道 伊斯兰教有这样的趋向 |
[10:58] | is to build large mosques on the cherished sites of conquered lands. | 在被征服的土地上建立大清真寺 |
[11:02] | – You’re talking about Cordoba. – That’s exactly right. | -你是说科尔多瓦 -没错 |
[11:05] | When Muslims conquered Cordoba, Spain, | 穆斯林征服西班牙科尔多瓦后 |
[11:07] | they tore down churches and synagogues | 随即拆毁基督教堂和犹太教堂 |
[11:10] | and put mosques in their place. | 在原址兴建清真寺 |
[11:11] | Ms. Greer, Muslims conquered Cordoba in the year 712. | 葛莉儿女士 穆斯林在公元712年征服了科尔多瓦 |
[11:14] | Do you think we can call something | 发生于8世纪的事件 |
[11:16] | that last happened in the 8th century a trend? | 也可以称为”趋向”吗 |
[11:18] | She’ll say, “Why does it have to be at Ground Zero?” | 她会问 “非得建在世贸大楼遗址边上吗” |
[11:20] | Anyone being honest about the prospect of a mosque | 任何人心里都会觉得 |
[11:23] | being built so close to Ground Zero | 在世贸大楼遗址边建清真寺 |
[11:25] | would say it instinctually feels wrong. | 就是感觉不对劲 |
[11:27] | Is it legal? Of course it is. | 合法吗 当然合法 |
[11:30] | Is it wrong? Of course it is. | 合理吗 当然不合理 |
[11:32] | It should be built somewhere where the 9/11 families | 应该建到别处 别往911遇难者家属 |
[11:34] | don’t have to feel the agony of | 伤口上撒盐 |
[11:36] | having a shrine to their loved ones stomped upon. | 别把清真寺建在他们亲人的尸体上 |
[11:38] | All over America we’re seeing the influence of creeping Islam. | 全国各地都能感受到伊斯兰教扩张的影响 |
[11:41] | We are? | 是吗 |
[11:43] | What about those who would impose Sharia law? | 那些强制实施伊斯兰教教法的人呢 |
[11:45] | Women can be stoned to death for committing adultery. | 通奸的女人会被石块砸死 |
[11:47] | No, they can’t. | 不会的 |
[11:48] | Actual laws are the only laws that are enforceable, | 只有实际的法律才有执行力 |
[11:51] | including the one that says you can’t create religious laws. | 包括规定”不得制定宗教法律”的法律 |
[11:53] | And the US is in no more danger of coming under Sharia law | 伊斯兰教法对美国的影响 |
[11:56] | than it is the rules of “Fight Club.” | 不会超过《搏击俱乐部》的会员守则 |
[11:58] | Let me ask you something. | 那我倒要问问你 |
[11:59] | Muslims the world over are fighting a civil war | 全世界的穆斯林都在为 |
[12:01] | over the direction Islam is taking. | 伊斯兰教的派系而争斗 |
[12:03] | Are you going to be stationed at the door of that mosque | 你会亲自把守在那座清真寺前 |
[12:06] | to turn radicals away? | 阻止激进派入内吗 |
[12:08] | Can you guarantee that the current imam | 你能保证 现任伊玛目 |
[12:10] | is going to be the same imam 10 years from now? | 十年后还会和现在一样吗 |
[12:13] | It’s worth pointing out that it’s not a mosque. It’s a community center. | 更正一点 这不是清真寺 而是社区中心 |
[12:16] | I’m not sure why you think that makes it better. | 你觉得有什么区别吗 |
[12:18] | What business does a community center have in the religion business? | 社区中心的宗教作用又是什么 |
[12:21] | And then pivot to the larger point. | 然后转去重点话题 |
[12:23] | I want the art and graphics reviewed three times before air. | 开播前 图像和材料都要审核三遍以上 |
[12:26] | Ms. Greer, you mentioned creeping Islam. | 葛莉儿女士 您刚才提到伊斯兰教扩张 |
[12:28] | Are you concerned about creeping Christianity? | 你担心基督教的扩张吗 |
[12:30] | Only that it’s not creeping fast enough. | 我只担心扩张得太慢 |
[12:32] | Okay, here are some things done on American soil | 好 我来列举几条以基督教的名义 |
[12:35] | in the name of Christianity. | 发生在美国国土上的事情 |
[12:37] | The Ku Klux Klan burned down black churches, | 三K党 烧毁黑人教堂 |
[12:39] | raped women, murdered civil rights workers, murdered children, | 强奸妇女 谋杀民权工作者 谋杀儿童 |
[12:43] | and terrorized communities for over a century. | 对众多社区实行恐怖统治超过一个世纪 |
[12:46] | The neo-Nazis all acted and continue to act | 新纳粹分子 曾经 并仍旧 |
[12:48] | in the name of white Christian supremacy. | 奉行白人基督教至上 |
[12:51] | The Army of God fatally attacks | 天军 在全国范围内 |
[12:52] | abortion clinics and doctors across the country. | 对实行堕胎的诊所和医生 进行致命攻击 |
[12:55] | The Covenant, The Sword, and The Arm of the Lord | “主之圣约、宝剑、军队” |
[12:57] | targets local police and federal agents. | 攻击当地警察和联邦探员 |
[12:59] | The federal building in Oklahoma City, | 奥克拉荷马市联邦大厦爆炸案[1995年] |
[13:02] | the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan, | 试图刺杀里根总统[1981年] |
[13:04] | and the successful assassinations of Martin Luther King, | 成功刺杀马丁·路德·金[1968年] |
[13:07] | John F. Kennedy, | 约翰·肯尼迪总统[1963年] |
[13:09] | John Lennon, | 约翰·列侬[1980年] |
[13:11] | and Abraham Lincoln, | 还有亚伯拉罕·林肯[1865年] |
[13:12] | all perpetrated by Christians. | 都是基督教徒犯下的罪行 |
[13:14] | Ms. Greer, we weren’t attacked by Muslims. | 葛莉儿女士 攻击我们的不是穆斯林 |
[13:16] | We were attacked by sociopaths. | 而是反社会者 |
[13:18] | And I, for one, would join you in protesting | 我个人愿意与您一起 |
[13:20] | a community center for the criminally insane. | 抗议建造罪犯精神病院 |
[13:22] | But no one is suggesting building one. | 但没人提出要建啊 |
[13:26] | Here’s the thing about the Japanese. | 日本人都是这样 |
[13:28] | Where we tend to hype things up, they go the other direction. | 只要我们强调这件事 他们就会避而不谈 |
[13:30] | You think they’re lowballing Fukushima? | 你认为他们在瞒报福岛的实情吗 |
[13:32] | I don’t know anything about nuclear reactors, | 我对核反应堆一窍不通 |
[13:34] | and I’m not at all involved in this story. | 这篇报道和我一点关系都没有 |
[13:35] | I’m just saying I wouldn’t take their word for it it’s a level five. | 我只是说 他们说只是五级 别相信 |
[13:38] | Excuse me, Will. | 打扰一下 威尔 |
[13:39] | There’s a comment on your website you need to see. | 有条网上评论你得看一下 |
[13:41] | Ah, now I get to say who is it from? What do they do? | 现在我能知道 给我留言的是什么人了吧 |
[13:44] | It’s serious. | 很严重 |
[13:53] | From about 25 minutes ago. | 大概25分钟前 |
[13:56] | “Fucking sand niggers should get herded and slaughtered. | “中东鬼们都应该被圈起来宰了 |
[13:59] | I’ve got a bullet for you, too. | 我也给你准备了一颗子弹 |
[14:00] | You think I’m fucking around? | 你觉得我在吓唬你吗 |
[14:02] | 2 Hudson Street, 27.” | 哈德森街2号 27门” |
[14:04] | Is 2 Hudson, 27… | 哈德森街2号 27门 |
[14:06] | It’s my address and apartment number. | 是我的住址和门牌号 |
[14:07] | Alice Cynkar, an English professor at OSU. | 爱丽丝·辛卡 俄亥俄州立大学英语教授 |
[14:10] | It wasn’t written by an English professor | 这人绝不是英语教授 |
[14:11] | and it wasn’t written by Alice Cynkar. | 也绝不叫爱丽丝·辛卡 |
[14:13] | How much effort does it take to scam the new system? | 想要骗过认证系统 有多难 |
[14:15] | You’ve got to want it pretty bad. | 很费力 |
[14:16] | Millie, it’s Mackenzie. | 米莉 我是麦肯兹 |
[14:17] | Would you tell him we’re coming right up, please? | 请告诉他 我们马上去找他 |
[14:22] | They could have stolen our password. | 也许是我们的密码被盗了 |
[14:24] | – How hard is that? – Hard. | -有多难 -很难 |
[14:26] | We implemented complex password requirements | 我们加入了复杂的密码要求 |
[14:28] | on the site because we knew | 因为我们预料到 |
[14:29] | it was catnip for some sophomore at MIT. | 会被MIT的学生拿来练手 |
[14:31] | It would take an average computer 57 days to get in. | 一台普通电脑 要花57天才能破解 |
[14:34] | And that’s with someone who knows what they’re doing. | 还得是懂行的 |
[14:36] | How many days has the new system been up? | 新系统建立几天了 |
[14:38] | – Three. – Jesus. | -三天 -上帝啊 |
[14:39] | – Will. – Everybody relax. | -威尔 -大家都别紧张 |
[14:41] | Neal just said it. It’s a college kid pledging a frat. | 尼尔刚说了 大学生的恶作剧而已 |
[14:43] | With a death threat? No. | 用死亡威胁吗 不可能 |
[14:45] | Charlie, I want a body on him until this guy’s in handcuffs. | 查理 给他安排个保镖 直到嫌犯落网 |
[14:47] | – No way. – You’re not gonna have a choice. | -不行 -你没得选择 |
[14:49] | – The insurance company makes that call. – Come on. | -这事保险公司说了算 -别这样 |
[14:52] | Listen to me. This goes to AWM security right now. | 听我说 AWM安保部门马上就会得知此事 |
[14:55] | Security’s got to show it to the insurance company. | 而安保部门必须通知保险公司 |
[14:57] | And that’s going to trigger some kind of protection. | 必然会触发一定的保护措施 |
[14:59] | Wouldn’t it make more sense for me | 我每天乔装打扮下 |
[15:01] | just to wear a different disguise every day? | 不是更省事吗 |
[15:02] | One more thing. | 还有一点 |
[15:03] | There’s gonna be a tabloid story. | 又要出一篇小报文章了 |
[15:05] | – Good. Yeah. – What did I do? | -对 -我又做什么了 |
[15:07] | Is it possible Maggie filed a complaint with HR | 玛姬有没有向人力资源部投诉 |
[15:10] | 指雇员在公司受到骚扰 或骚扰人制造攻击、恐吓、压迫性的氛围 导致雇员不敢到公司上班 | |
[15:10] | saying that you created a hostile work environment? | 说你制造”敌意工作环境” |
[15:13] | No, it’s not possible. | 这不可能 |
[15:14] | Maggie wouldn’t complain even if her hair was on fire. | 玛姬就算头发着火 也不会抱怨 |
[15:15] | Someone else did on her behalf. | 别人代她投诉的 |
[15:17] | And it was a while ago before you got here. | 那时你还没来 |
[15:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:21] | Would you excuse us for a second? | 能否让我们单独谈谈 |
[15:23] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[15:26] | Why don’t we try to fully investigate the anatomy of these stories? | 我们该全面调查整件事的来龙去脉 |
[15:28] | No, we’re gonna fully investigate Will. | 不 我们要全面调查威尔 |
[15:30] | Of course. | 就知道 |
[15:31] | I want you to assign a team to do opposition research on Will. | 你组一个团队 对威尔做对手研究 |
[15:34] | Let’s call it Operation Involuntary Colonoscopy. | 代号就叫”强制结肠镜检查行动” |
[15:37] | I just want to know what the next tabloid story is before it happens. | 我只想提前知道 下一篇小报新闻会写什么 |
[15:40] | You all will be able to pin nothing on me, Mugsy. | 你们不会抓到我任何把柄的 马格西 |
[15:42] | ‘Cause I’ve lived my life straight as the Kingston Trio. | 我就跟金斯顿三重唱一样毫无污点 |
[15:45] | I’m not fucking around! | 我没在跟你瞎胡闹 |
[15:47] | You know, when you’re grumpier than I am, | 知道吗 当你比我还暴躁的时候 |
[15:48] | we’ve switched roles. | 我们已经对换了角色 |
[15:50] | Ask him what’s the current state of the reactors. | 问他核反应堆的现状如何 |
[16:01] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[16:05] | – What did he say? – His daughter’s on the diving team. | -他说什么 -她女儿参加了跳水队 |
[16:07] | They came in second at regionals. | 区域赛上拿到了亚军 |
[16:10] | – Did he understand the question? – Did you? | -他听懂问题了吗 -你问对了吗 |
[16:13] | I haven’t spoken to him in two years. We’re catching up. | 我们两年没联系了 刚才在叙旧 |
[16:16] | How does a company like TEPCO not have a spokesperson who speaks English? | 东京电力这种大公司的发言人 怎么会不懂英语 |
[16:20] | I don’t know. | 我怎么知道 |
[16:20] | What is the current state of the reactors? | 核反应堆的现状如何 |
[16:22] | Tanaka-san… | 田中先生 |
[16:34] | Units one and three have had explosions due to hydrogen buildup. | 一号和三号机组发生氢气爆炸 |
[16:37] | They’re currently stable, but they’re not safe to enter. | 虽然目前稳定 但仍十分危险无法进入 |
[16:39] | What are they doing to contain the situation? | 他们采取了哪些措施 |
[16:46] | What’s going on with Will? | 威尔的事怎样了 |
[16:47] | Internal security is handling it. | 内部安保正在解决 |
[16:48] | But I have to give you a rotten assignment. | 但我要给你安排个苦差事 |
[16:50] | – You got gum in your hair again? – No. | -口香糖又粘到头发上了 -没有 |
[16:52] | Yes, but I got it out. | 是的 但我清理干净了 |
[16:54] | I need you to do opposition research on Will. | 我要你对威尔做对手研究 |
[16:56] | Seriously? | 认真的吗 |
[16:58] | About a year ago, | 大约一年前 |
[16:58] | somebody filed a complaint with HR on your behalf. | 有人代你向人力资源部投诉 |
[17:01] | I know what that was. | 那事我知道 |
[17:02] | Will didn’t do anything wrong. This is ridiculous. | 威尔没做错任何事 这真可笑 |
[17:04] | I know, but Charlie wants to know what else is out there so he can… | 我知道 但查理想知道还发生过什么 |
[17:07] | – Will knows we’re doing this? – Of course. | -威尔知情吗 -当然 |
[17:08] | – And he’s okay with it? – No, he hates it. | -他同意了 -他恨死了 |
[17:10] | – Fantastic. – Go to work. | -好极了 -干活去 |
[17:14] | – Have you done this before? – Yeah. | -这事你以前干过吗 -干过 |
[17:16] | – Where do we start? – Tell me about the complaint. | -从哪里着手 -跟我说说 投诉的事 |
[17:19] | There was a desk producer | 那时有个后期制片 |
[17:20] | who saw Will yell at me about something. | 看到威尔朝我大吼大叫 |
[17:23] | – What? – Doesn’t matter. | -为什么事 -无关紧要 |
[17:25] | What? | 为什么事 |
[17:28] | Doesn’t matter. | 无关紧要 |
[17:34] | – I mixed up Georgia the state with… – No. | -我把佐治亚州跟… -不是吧 |
[17:37] | – Yes, Georgia the country. – And this was… | -没错 跟格鲁吉亚搞混了 -这事 |
[17:39] | – Yup. – …during the invasion? | -没错 -发生在侵略战争期间吗 |
[17:39] | 2008年格鲁吉亚和俄罗斯 为争夺南奥塞梯的控制权而爆发了战争 | |
[17:40] | This isn’t about me. | 调查目标又不是我 |
[17:41] | You thought the Russians invaded Atlanta? | 你以为俄罗斯侵略了亚特兰大 |
[17:43] | In retrospect, it seems farfetched. | 现在看来的确荒唐 |
[17:44] | But that wasn’t what he was actually mad about. | 但当时 他冲我发火不是为了这个 |
[17:48] | The wife of a board member died | 一名董事会成员的妻子去世了 |
[17:49] | and Will asked me to send flowers. | 威尔让我送些花 |
[17:51] | I wrote on the card, “I’m so sorry about your loss. LOL.” | 我在卡片上写到 “节哀顺变 LOL” |
[17:55] | – LOL? – I thought it meant “Lots of love.” | -LOL -我以为是”无限爱意” |
[17:59] | How are you still working here? | 你怎么还能在这儿工作啊 |
[18:01] | I dodge bullets. | 我擅于躲避子弹 |
[18:03] | Here comes a bullet. Boom! I’m over here. | 过来一颗子弹 砰 我躲过了 |
[18:05] | Ping! Here comes another bullet. Boom! I’m over here. | 咻 又来一颗子弹 砰 又躲过了 |
[18:12] | Ask him if TEPCO’s gonna try to keep the reactors going. | 问他东京电力是否将尝试让反应堆继续运行 |
[18:14] | Tanaka-san… | 田中先生… |
[18:28] | They’re classified at level five | 泄漏量定为五级 |
[18:29] | and they think they’ll be able to get the reactor going. | 他们相信 核反应堆能维持工作 |
[18:37] | Guys, do me a favor and let us have a minute? | 大伙帮个忙 让我俩单独谈会儿 |
[19:35] | Anybody know where Sloan Sabbith is? | 谁知道斯隆·莎碧斯在哪 |
[19:37] | Sloan! | 斯隆 |
[19:40] | She’s on the phone. | 她在打电话呢 |
[19:42] | All right, she’s off the phone. | 好吧 她打完电话了 |
[19:47] | Here are the notes. It’s gonna go to level seven. | 这是笔记 会升至七级的 |
[19:50] | – Holy shit. – You got a minute? | -我了个去 -有时间吗 |
[19:51] | Fukushima’s a lot worse than they’re telling you. | 福岛的情况远比他们声称的糟糕 |
[19:53] | I need you to fill in for Elliot tonight. | 我需要你今晚代埃利奥特的班 |
[19:55] | This is what the Japanese do. | 日本人就是这德性 |
[19:56] | They… wait, what? | 他们…等等 你说什么 |
[19:57] | I need you to fill in for Elliot at 10:00. | 我需要你今晚代埃利奥特的班 |
[19:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:00] | His five-year-old’s having a tonsillectomy today. | 他五岁的女儿扁桃体发炎了 |
[20:01] | Elliot’s gonna spend the night in the hospital with her. | 埃利奥特今晚得在医院陪她 |
[20:03] | Was it an emergency? | 是急诊吗 |
[20:04] | No, it was scheduled a week ago. | 不是 一周前就预约了 |
[20:05] | And you’re just getting around to this now? | 你等到现在才告诉我 |
[20:07] | – I… – Forgot? | -我… -忘了 |
[20:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:10] | You have a staff. They can write these things down. | 你可以让手下人记下来 提醒你 |
[20:11] | They can, but I have to remember to tell them to. | 可以 但我要记得告诉他们才行 |
[20:14] | So what do you say? You’re my first and only choice. | 怎么样 你可是我第一也是唯一的选择 |
[20:16] | – What about Jerome? – He’s in Bermuda. | -杰罗姆不行吗 -他在百慕大 |
[20:18] | – Kathy? – It’s her parents’ 50th anniversary. | -凯西呢 -她父母金婚 |
[20:20] | – Taylor? – Bronchitis. | -泰勒呢 -支气管炎 |
[20:21] | So… | 这么说… |
[20:22] | Yes, you were my fourth and only choice. | 是的 你是我第四也是唯一的选择 |
[20:23] | I can’t host Elliot’s show. Don’t be ridiculous. | 我做不了埃利奥特的节目 别逗了 |
[20:25] | You host your own show at 4:00. | 你4点档主持得很好呀 |
[20:27] | – About financial news. – You’re expanding. | -那是财经新闻 -你不是在扩张嘛 |
[20:29] | Oh, come on. I gained four freaking pounds. | 哪有 我才长了四磅 |
[20:32] | No, professor. | 不是 教授 |
[20:34] | – Right, expanding. – Yeah. | -哦 扩张 -是的 |
[20:36] | No, I’m not doing it. | 我不干 |
[20:37] | Your copy will be written for you to approve. | 脚本写好后 会给你送去 |
[20:39] | You’ve got Marco Rubio, | 嘉宾有马克·鲁比奥 |
[20:41] | Sandra Bernhard… | 桑德拉·伯恩哈德 |
[20:42] | Sandra Bernhard’s been dead for 100 years. | 桑德拉·伯恩哈德已经去世一百年了 |
[20:43] | That’s Sarah Bernhardt. | 你说的是莎拉·伯恩哈特 |
[20:44] | She’d be a good guest. | 她要能来倒是不错 |
[20:45] | – I hate my life. – Hmm? | -我真想死 -什么 |
[20:47] | Nothing. And the spokesperson for TEPCO. | 没什么 还有东京电力的发言人 |
[20:49] | I just got off the phone with him. | 我刚跟他通完电话 |
[20:50] | See? You’re perfect. | 瞧 你再合适不过了 |
[20:51] | I was just doing a favor for these guys. | 我只是帮他们一个忙 |
[20:52] | I don’t know anything about… | 我对这些一无所知… |
[20:53] | Thank God my first five choices weren’t available. | 谁让我的前五人选都来不了呢 |
[20:55] | I thought there were only three. | 我以为只有三个 |
[20:57] | Let’s not get caught up in the math. | 别纠结数学了 |
[20:58] | If you want a wardrobe change after the 4:00, | 如果你4点档结束后 需要换服装 |
[21:00] | we have Gucci ready to send over some choices. | 我们会送几套古琦过去给你 |
[21:03] | – Gucci? – A whole rack of choices. | -古琦 -超多的古琦 |
[21:05] | Your copy will be ready for your approval after 9:00 | 脚本和你要问的问题 |
[21:08] | along with your questions, | 九点后送到 |
[21:10] | and I will be in your ear the whole time. | 我会通过耳机全程给你提示 |
[21:12] | Except for Fukushima, you’re mostly throwing to packages. | 福岛除外 主要是播些画面就行了 |
[21:14] | They’ve been lowballing the radiation levels. | 他们在虚报辐射等级 |
[21:16] | I’d take their word for it. | 我愿意相信他们 |
[21:17] | The Japanese have some experience with radiation. | 日本人处理核辐射 很有经验 |
[21:18] | You think that’s something… | 你好意思这么说… |
[21:19] | That is not something you should mention on the air. | 直播时 别提这事 |
[21:27] | – Oh, God. – Mr. Will McAvoy. | -我的神啊 -威尔·麦卡沃伊先生 |
[21:30] | You’re not here to do my taxes, right? | 你不是来给我报税的吧 |
[21:31] | My name’s Lonny Church. | 我是朗尼·切奇 |
[21:33] | Mr. Horn at AWM Security told you i’d be here at this time. | 安保部的霍恩先生应该告诉了你 我会来 |
[21:36] | I’ll tell you right now I’m gonna hate this. | 我跟你明说了吧 我讨厌这样 |
[21:37] | I’ll tell you now I’m not gonna care. | 我也跟你明说了吧 我不在乎 |
[21:39] | – Let’s go in my office for a minute. – Sure. | -到我办公室来一下 -没问题 |
[21:41] | It’s not a real threat. | 这都算不上是什么威胁 |
[21:43] | I don’t make that decision. | 决定权不在我 |
[21:46] | Lonny Church? Did you play college football? | 朗尼·切奇 你在大学打过橄榄球吗 |
[21:49] | Yes, I did. Defensive tackle. | 打过 防守截锋 |
[21:51] | Started three years for Clemson. | 前三年都在克莱森大学 |
[21:52] | And then? | 后来呢 |
[21:53] | Got drafted in the eighth round by the Bengals. | 第八轮被选到猛虎队去了 |
[21:55] | And then? | 再后来呢 |
[21:56] | Got cut five weeks into training camp. | 集训五周后 被裁了 |
[21:58] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[22:00] | Joined the Army, became an MP. | 后来参了军 当了宪兵 |
[22:02] | – Where were you deployed? – New Jersey. | -驻地在哪儿 -新泽西 |
[22:05] | You see a lot of action in New Jersey? | 新泽西的军事行动多吗 |
[22:06] | See a lot of action in your studio? | 演播室里的军事行动多吗 |
[22:08] | I’ll be doing the jokes, okay? | 我负责搞笑 好吗 |
[22:09] | After you were discharged? | 退伍之后去了哪 |
[22:12] | Honorably. I joined Blue North Security. | 荣誉退伍后 加入了北蓝保全公司 |
[22:13] | Who else’s body have you guarded? | 你还给谁当过保镖 |
[22:15] | – We don’t talk about that. – Okay. | -这是保密信息 -好吧 |
[22:17] | Kanye. It was awesome. | 坎耶 好时光啊 |
[22:19] | Are you armed? | 你带枪吗 |
[22:21] | I secure my weapon in a gun safe when I come in the building. | 进大楼之前 我把枪放进枪械库了 |
[22:23] | Keep it there. I really don’t want an armed guard. | 就放那儿吧 我可不要持枪的保镖 |
[22:26] | Maybe if you were drafted in the first four rounds, I’d feel safer. | 你要是在前四轮中选 我还能觉得安全些 |
[22:29] | – Mr. McAvoy. – You can call me Will. | -麦卡沃伊先生 -叫我威尔就好 |
[22:31] | Yeah, I was gonna do that anyway. | 我正有打算 |
[22:32] | I know you’re used to being the boss. | 我知道你习惯发号施令 |
[22:34] | But you’re not anymore. At least for a little while. | 但现在不行了 至少暂时不行 |
[22:37] | How long? | 要多久 |
[22:38] | Until my colleagues chase down the source of the threat | 直到我的同事找出威胁你的人 |
[22:40] | or, of course, if you’ve been successfully assassinated. | 或者 直到他把你成功刺杀了 |
[22:43] | – A joke? – What’d you think? | -玩笑 -你觉得呢 |
[22:45] | It was all right. How does this work? | 还行 具体怎么做 |
[22:48] | I pick you up at your home in the morning | 我每天早上去你家接你 |
[22:50] | and escort you to your office. | 把你护送到办公室 |
[22:51] | Then I pick you up at your office at night | 每天晚上来办公室接你 |
[22:53] | and escort you to your home. | 把你护送回家 |
[22:54] | I’m with you any place that’s an unsecured area. | 任何无安全保障的地方 我都如影随形 |
[22:56] | What’s an unsecured area? | 哪些是无安全保障的地方 |
[22:58] | Anyplace that isn’t your home or your office. | 除了你家和办公室的所有地方 |
[23:00] | I’m single. What about a date? | 我还单身 需要约会呢 |
[23:03] | I don’t think we should get romantically involved. | 我对你没有兴趣 |
[23:05] | You get one joke a day. | 一天只许一个笑话 |
[23:07] | – Come on in. – I say that. | -请进 -这话该我说 |
[23:08] | – I’m sorry. You got a second? – Yeah. | -抱歉 你现在有空吗 -有 |
[23:11] | I’ll leave you. | 我回避 |
[23:13] | Sloan, this is Lonny. You’ll see him around. | 斯隆 这是朗尼 以后会常见到他 |
[23:14] | Good to meet you. | 幸会 |
[23:17] | – Can I tap your chest? – Sure. | -我能戳戳你的胸吗 -行啊 |
[23:21] | Holy cow. | 我的天哪 |
[23:24] | – Have you felt his pecs? – No, I haven’t yet. | -你试过这胸肌吗 -还没 |
[23:27] | I’ll be downstairs. | 我会在楼下 |
[23:31] | So I’m hosting Elliot’s show tonight. | 今晚由我替埃利奥特做节目 |
[23:33] | I know. I’m the one who suggested you. | 我知道 是我推荐你的 |
[23:36] | You really think I can do it? | 你真觉得我能行吗 |
[23:36] | No, I have no idea. So we’re gonna find out. | 不知道 试试就知道了 |
[23:39] | All right. Well, your exuberant confidence notwithstanding, | 好吧 感谢你对我的满满信心 |
[23:42] | – I have the spokesperson. – From TEPCO, | -有个发言人 -东京电力的 |
[23:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:46] | He just told me, off the record, | 他私下向我透露 |
[23:47] | that reactor three is causing what is a level seven, | 三号反应堆的泄漏量为七级 |
[23:49] | not a level five radiation leak. | 而非五级 |
[23:51] | What’s the trick to getting him to say it on the record? | 有什么秘诀 能让他公开讲出来 |
[23:53] | There is no trick. You just don’t stop until he tells the truth. | 没有秘诀 必须不停逼问 直到他说实话 |
[23:57] | What do you mean you don’t stop? | 怎么个不停逼问 |
[23:59] | I mean you don’t stop. | 不要停下来 |
[24:00] | Sloan, I watch your show at 4:00 and you’re brilliant. | 斯隆 我看过你4点档的节目 你很出色 |
[24:03] | But you let guests say things that I know you know aren’t true. | 可你纵容嘉宾说假话 |
[24:06] | And then you just move on. | 然后听之任之 |
[24:08] | Ask the damn follow-up | 你得跟进问下去 |
[24:09] | and then demonstrate with facts how the guest is lying. | 然后用事实证明他在撒谎 |
[24:12] | You can’t just sit there and be a facilitator | 你不能只是一味附和 |
[24:14] | for whatever bullshit the guest wants to feed your viewers. | 任由嘉宾糊弄你的观众 |
[24:16] | They’re not coming on to plug a movie. It’s not Jimmy Kimmel. | 他们不是来演戏的 这不是吉米现场秀 |
[24:19] | You knowingly, passively, allow someone to lie on your air, | 你默许别人在你的节目里撒谎 |
[24:22] | and maybe you’re not a drug dealer, but you’re sure as hell | 也许你不是毒贩子 可你毫无疑问 |
[24:25] | the guy who drives the dealer around in your car. | 是开车载着毒贩子四处兜售的司机 |
[24:27] | So maybe you’ll get it, maybe you won’t. | 也许你能套出真话 也许不行 |
[24:29] | Show me something. | 努力给我看看 |
[24:32] | – Got it. – Do you? | -明白了 -你确定 |
[24:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:39] | I just… I don’t know. I was in a bad mood. | 我只是…我那时心情很差 |
[24:42] | Honestly, I was just trying to motivate her. | 真的 我只是想激励她 |
[24:45] | She’s the last person who needs motivation, | 而她是最不需要激励的人 |
[24:47] | – so it just ended up… – Scaring her. | -所以后来变成… -吓到她了 |
[24:51] | I hate that people are scared of me. | 我讨厌有人害怕我 |
[24:53] | – I absolutely hate it. – Why? | -讨厌极了 -为什么 |
[24:55] | Why do I hate when people are scared of me? | 为什么讨厌别人害怕我 |
[24:57] | For the same reason everybody does. | 人人都讨厌啊 |
[24:59] | Everybody doesn’t. | 不是人人都讨厌 |
[25:00] | Some people like it. Most people don’t care. | 有些人喜欢 大部分人不在乎 |
[25:03] | I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t like it. | 我不知道怎么讲 反正不喜欢这样 |
[25:05] | And I’m pretty sure I scared Sloan | 我肯定是吓到她了 |
[25:07] | because she’s a veteran reporter who’s never done anything like what she did. | 因为她当记者这么久 从未做过那样的事 |
[25:11] | What’s the condition of each reactor? | 现在各个反应堆情况如何 |
[25:18] | All six reactors are in stable condition. | 全部六个反应堆均已稳定 |
[25:20] | Great, let’s wrap up. | 很好 收尾 |
[25:22] | What about the partial meltdown at reactor three? | 那三号反应堆的部分熔化呢 |
[25:23] | Wrap up for me. | 收尾吧 |
[25:26] | Excuse me, that’s not what I asked. | 抱歉 我问的不是这个 |
[25:28] | I’m asking him specifically about the core damage at reactor three. | 我的问题是针对三号反应堆堆芯融毁 |
[25:31] | What’s happening? | 什么情况 |
[25:37] | We know of no core damage at any of the reactors. | 我们尚未发现任何反应堆有融毁现象 |
[25:40] | That’s not what Mr. Tanaka just said. | 田中先生并不是这么说的 |
[25:42] | He said our engineers can’t get close enough to confirm that. | 他说”工程师无法靠近 因此不能证实” |
[25:47] | and exactly what Mr. Tanaka is answering, | 以及田中先生的回答 |
[25:49] | including what I’m saying now, | 包括我现在所说的话 |
[25:50] | because I want him to be aware that he’s being misrepresented. | 我想让他知道 他的回答被歪曲了 |
[25:56] | Ask him if he believed the radiation levels are going to a seven. | 请问他是否相信 泄露等级将会升至七级 |
[25:59] | Please, please, don’t go rogue. | 求求你 别说下去了 |
[26:07] | The radiation was categorized at level four | 辐射等级原本被定为四级 |
[26:10] | and then recategorized at level five. | 之后提升至五级 |
[26:13] | And that’s where it should remain. | 并将保持在五级 |
[26:15] | Ma’am, he didn’t say that’s where it should remain. | 女士 他并没有说将保持在五级 |
[26:17] | You did. | 是你说的 |
[26:18] | Furthermore, he told me… you know what? I’m just gonna… | 他还说…我还是… |
[26:20] | Tanaka-san… | 田中先生 |
[26:26] | And now we’re doing the broadcast in Japanese. | 欢迎收看日语频道 |
[26:36] | We’ll be right back after this. Just say that. | 赶紧给我说 “广告后回来” |
[26:40] | Say it in English. | 说英语 |
[26:43] | She just… put me back! | 她居然…给我戴上耳机 |
[26:45] | Mr. Tanaka, your company had this incident rated at level four, | 田中先生 贵公司将事故评定为四级 |
[26:47] | then adjusted to level five. | 后调至五级 |
[26:49] | How confident are you that that’ll be the highest level we see? | 你有多大把握 等级不会再次提升 |
[26:52] | At least we’re back to English. | 好歹用回英语了 |
[26:57] | At this point, we see no reason that level will need future escalation. | 目前没有迹象表明 事故等级将继续上调 |
[27:01] | Well, that’s simply not what Mr. Tanaka told me on the phone earlier today. | 田中先生之前在电话里可不是这么说的 |
[27:04] | – No, no. – When I spoke with him earlier, | -别这样 -之前我与他通话时 |
[27:06] | he said there’s enough evidence to raise the level to seven. | 他说足够证据表明 事故等级应调至七级 |
[27:09] | Go back to Japanese. | 快回到日语 |
[27:10] | And now he’s not saying it, so I am. | 既然他现在不愿说 那么我来说 |
[27:11] | Oh, my God! | 老天啊 |
[27:12] | So there it is. The Fukushima nuclear power plant is saying | 事实是这样 福岛核电站声称 |
[27:15] | that the level four radiation leak that was raised to level five | 原本由四级调至五级的核事故等级 |
[27:17] | has a chance at being raised to level seven, | 有可能被调至七级 |
[27:20] | which is the difference between life and gruesome death. | 这是生死攸关之变 |
[27:22] | We’ll be back after this with Sarah Bernhardt. | 广告之后将带来莎拉·伯恩哈特 |
[27:25] | Sandra Bernhard, you idiot! | 桑德拉·伯恩哈德 蠢货 |
[27:27] | Oh, what the hell does it matter? | 算了 这还是问题吗 |
[27:47] | – Okay… – ‘Sup? | -我知道… -有何贵干 |
[27:49] | Okay, I know we were on sketchy ground | 我知道 刚才的节目 |
[27:52] | ethically and linguistically, but– | 在职业道德和语言上都搞砸了 但… |
[27:54] | Whatever you’re gonna say, save it for another 10 seconds. | 不管你要说什么 十秒后再说 |
[27:57] | What happens in 10 seconds? | 十秒后会发生什么 |
[27:59] | Just hang on for another five seconds | 再等五秒 |
[28:00] | and know that we’ve all been there at one point or another. | 记住 这事大家都经历过 |
[28:03] | What happens in five seconds? | 五秒后会发生什么 |
[28:04] | What in the name of holy fuck were you thinking about?! | 你大爷的 你究竟在想什么 |
[28:07] | First, let me say that Don was not responsible for that. | 首先 我声明 这不是唐的错 |
[28:09] | Yeah, when you severed communication with the EP, | 你切断了和制片人的通信 |
[28:12] | you pretty much absolved him of responsibility. | 他当然不用负责了 |
[28:14] | But that doesn’t make the cut of the top three calamities that just occurred. | 可这还挤不进刚才的直播事故榜前三 |
[28:19] | Charlie– | 查理… |
[28:19] | I, along with most people who don’t live in Japan, | 我 和不在日本生活的大部分人一样 |
[28:22] | am not fluent in Japanese, so I have to ask: | 不太懂日语 所以我想问 |
[28:25] | Did you just make up statements for somebody we had live on our air? | 你是不是在直播时 编造了采访对象的声明 |
[28:30] | I didn’t make them up. | 我没有编造 |
[28:31] | About a deadly radiation leak? | 还是关乎性命的核辐射问题 |
[28:33] | I didn’t make them up. | 我没有编造 |
[28:35] | He told me the reactor was going to a seven. | 他告诉我 反应堆会调至七级 |
[28:37] | When? Tonight? | 什么时候 今晚吗 |
[28:39] | I’m asking honestly because there was a portion of the broadcast | 我是真心问你 因为那部分直播 |
[28:42] | that turned into a Kurosawa movie. | 被你播成了黑泽明的电影 |
[28:45] | These things are measured on a scale of zero to seven. | 这类事故等级 从零到七 |
[28:48] | Five is Three Mile Island, a seven is Chernobyl. | 五级是三里岛 七级就是切尔诺贝利 |
[28:50] | On air, did he say the reactors were going to seven? | 直播时 他有说反应堆要到七级吗 |
[28:53] | He said it to me in the preinterview. | 他在预采访时告诉我的 |
[29:00] | We don’t report what you think, Sloan. | 我们报道的不是你的想法 斯隆 |
[29:02] | The guy said all six reactors are stable. | 他说六个反应堆都很稳定 |
[29:05] | The Japanese are a deferential people. | 日本人向来惯于从命 |
[29:08] | It’s very hard for them to explain when they’ve done something wrong. | 要他们承认做错了事很难 |
[29:10] | I don’t give a shit, Madame Butterfly! | 我不管这么多 蝴蝶夫人 |
[29:13] | And right now the Japanese, who are reading an online report of your report, | 现在 那些在网上看到你报道的日本人 |
[29:17] | are fleeing from their fucking homes. | 正他妈在逃离家乡 |
[29:19] | Now tell me what he said tonight on air. | 告诉我 他直播时到底说了什么 |
[29:30] | He said the reactors were at five. | 他说反应堆在五级 |
[29:33] | But you said he said they would move to seven. | 但你却说 他说会升到七级 |
[29:36] | I made it clear he said that during the preinterview. | 我讲清楚了 那是他在预采访中说的 |
[29:38] | First of all, let’s not kid ourselves. | 首先 别自欺欺人了 |
[29:40] | There was nothing that was clear about that interview. | 那段采访 没有丝毫清楚的地方 |
[29:42] | He said it to me, | 他是这么和我说的 |
[29:43] | and he said it to a conference room full of staffers. | 也是这么告诉整个会议室的员工的 |
[29:45] | – The staffers weren’t there. – The staffers were not there. | -员工不在场 -员工是不在 |
[29:47] | I sent them out so we could speak privately and off… | 我请他们出去了 这样他才肯透露私… |
[29:51] | No, finish that sentence. | 把话说完 |
[29:54] | Off the record. | 私下消息 |
[29:56] | Good luck trying to get a source to talk to you off the record again. | 看以后还有哪个线人会私下给你消息 |
[30:00] | You have no value to me as a reporter now. | 作为记者 你已经对我毫无用处了 |
[30:03] | – Charlie! – And I have to suspend you. | -查理 -我不得不停你的职 |
[30:05] | – Come on… – What? | -别这样… -什么 |
[30:06] | I have to suspend you | 我不得不停你的职 |
[30:08] | while we bring in outside investigators | 还要找外部调查员 |
[30:11] | to comb through every report you’ve filed in the last two years | 梳理你这两年来每一份报道 |
[30:14] | to find out what other shit you made up. | 看看你还编造了什么 |
[30:15] | I didn’t make anything up. I would never make anything up. | 我什么也没有编造 我绝不会胡编乱造 |
[30:18] | I know that and you know that and he knows that, | 这点我知道 你知道 他也知道 |
[30:21] | but why the hell should anyone else know that? | 但是别人凭什么相信 |
[30:23] | You’re suspended with pay until I figure out… | 你被停职留薪了 直到我搞清… |
[30:25] | They were lying about a public safety issue. | 他们在公共安全问题上撒谎 |
[30:26] | You’re suspended with pay… | 你被停职留薪… |
[30:27] | I don’t want the goddamn pay! | 我才不要什么鬼工资 |
[30:29] | Don’t front off with me, girl! | 不许顶撞我 丫头 |
[30:30] | Don’t call me girl, sir. | 不许叫我丫头 先生 |
[30:34] | Everybody calm the fuck down. | 全都他妈的冷静下来 |
[30:48] | Sarah Bernhardt was a turn-of-the-century | 莎拉·伯恩哈特是划时代的 |
[30:52] | stage and film actress from France. | 法国戏剧和电影演员 |
[30:55] | Sandra Bernhard is a… | 桑德拉·伯恩哈德是… |
[30:59] | I don’t know what the hell. | 真不知道搞得什么鬼 |
[31:30] | There’s no way she does that if I hadn’t given her my awesome pep talk. | 要不是我激她 她也不会那么做 |
[31:34] | Are you close with Sloan? | 你跟斯隆关系好吗 |
[31:36] | – Are we close? – Yeah. | -关系好 -对 |
[31:38] | – Why? – Just asking. | -怎么 -随便问问 |
[31:39] | You seem very protective. | 你似乎很护着她 |
[31:41] | We didn’t used to be. | 以前不会 |
[31:42] | But she’s become, I don’t know. | 但她越来越… 我也说不清 |
[31:44] | I don’t know, like a little sister to me or something. | 我不知道 越来越像我妹妹 |
[31:49] | Your father was an abusive alcoholic? | 你父亲经常酒后伤人吗 |
[31:51] | What? | 什么 |
[31:52] | Your father, he was an abusive alcoholic? | 你父亲喝醉后会不会打你们 |
[31:55] | I didn’t say that. | 我可没说过 |
[31:58] | But he was, right? | 但他的确会打你们 |
[31:59] | You got that in the 40 minutes | 你花了40分钟就知道了 |
[32:02] | that I’ve been sitting here that seem like a week and a half? | 我却觉得 在这坐了一周半 |
[32:05] | It’s in the notes my dad left. | 我从我父亲的记录里找到的 |
[32:06] | Can I have a prescription now? | 现在可以开处方了吗 |
[32:08] | – He hit you? – Come on. | -他打你了吗 -有完没完 |
[32:10] | He hit you, right? | 他打过你 |
[32:11] | How many times did you see “Good Will Hunting”? | 你《心灵捕手》看多了吧 |
[32:13] | – He hit you? – Yes. | -他打你 -对 |
[32:15] | – He hit your mother? – Yes. | -他打你母亲 -对 |
[32:17] | You have a brother and two sisters. | 你有一个弟弟和两个妹妹 |
[32:20] | He hit them, right? | 他也打他们 对吗 |
[32:21] | Look, he didn’t hit anybody once I was old enough to hit him back. | 我有能力还击后 他就再没打过谁 |
[32:24] | And when was that? | 那时你多大 |
[32:26] | Will, how old were you when you had to protect | 威尔 你多大就不得不保护 |
[32:30] | your mother, your brother, | 你母亲 你弟弟 |
[32:33] | and your two little sisters | 以及你的两个小妹妹 |
[32:36] | from a grown man who was drunk and violent? | 使他们免遭醉汉的家暴 |
[32:44] | Fifth grade. | 五年级 |
[32:46] | I cracked a bottle of Dewar’s across his face. | 我把一个帝王酒瓶直接砸到他脸上 |
[32:52] | It’s in your notes. Why are you pursuing this line of– | 这些记录里都有 你干嘛死纠着不放 |
[32:55] | I’m not trying to be an asshole. | 我不是故意为难你 |
[32:57] | I just want a sleeping pill. | 我就想要点安眠药 |
[32:58] | I’m gonna give you one, but I doubt it’s gonna work. | 我会开给你 但我担心它不起作用 |
[33:01] | Let’s give it a try. | 试试看好了 |
[33:03] | You’ve got another 15 minutes on your session. | 这次咨询还剩15分钟 |
[33:06] | I didn’t come here for a session. | 我不是来找你心理咨询的 |
[33:08] | You could have gotten sleeping pills from your internist. | 你大可以从内科医生那里开安眠药 |
[33:10] | Shit, you could have got them online. | 你甚至在网上就买得到 |
[33:12] | I didn’t go to my internist because he asks too many questions. | 我不去找内科医生 因为他问太多问题 |
[33:15] | You didn’t go to your internist because he doesn’t ask you the right questions. | 你不去找内科医生 因为他问不对问题 |
[33:18] | I didn’t come here for a session. | 我不是来做心理咨询的 |
[33:19] | I think you did. | 我觉得你是 |
[33:28] | I’m checking on the opposition research. | 我来看看对手研究进展如何 |
[33:30] | Maggie was detained by the police | 玛姬被警方拘留过 |
[33:32] | for attempting to blow up her parents’ house. | 理由是试图炸毁父母的房子 |
[33:34] | He’s overstating it. | 他夸大其词 |
[33:35] | My cousins and I wanted to shoot guns at soda cans. | 我和几个表弟想射击汽水罐 |
[33:37] | Where did you place the soda cans? | 你把汽水罐放哪了 |
[33:39] | – On top of the propane tanks. – Which were in front of? | -丙烷储罐上 -后面又是什么 |
[33:42] | The diesel fuel combine. But I’m an excellent shot. | 柴油联合收割机 但我枪法精准 |
[33:44] | The Deep South could have used you when the Russians invaded. | 美国南部遭俄罗斯入侵时 该找你去帮忙呀 |
[33:46] | Will. How’s the opposition research on Will? | 来说威尔 他的对手研究有什么斩获 |
[33:49] | He once needed lenses for driving, then didn’t. | 他以前开车要戴隐形眼镜 后来不用了 |
[33:52] | So he probably had Lasik surgery. | 想必他做了激光矫正手术 |
[33:54] | He did. | 有这么回事 |
[33:56] | He registered for the New York Marathon, but didn’t finish. | 他曾报名参加纽约市马拉松 但没跑完 |
[33:58] | My fault. I twisted my ankle at the starting line. | 是我的错 我起跑时扭伤了脚踝 |
[34:00] | He carried me to the first aid tent. What else? | 他扶我到急救帐篷 还有什么吗 |
[34:02] | – He was hospitalized with tuberculosis. – Already knew that. | -他曾患肺结核住院 -这我知道 |
[34:06] | He was credited on a country album as a guitarist. | 他以吉他手的身份出过一张乡村音乐专辑 |
[34:10] | He’s an accomplished guitarist | 他是位天资颇高的吉他手 |
[34:11] | who occasionally jams with Leonard Cohen. | 偶尔和莱昂纳德·科恩同台演出 |
[34:12] | He got a C-minus in Sociology of Emotion. | 他情感社会学得了C- |
[34:15] | It was a clerical mistake. He never registered for the class. | 是教务处搞错了 他都没报过这门课 |
[34:18] | Then a C-minus is pretty good. | 没上课考C-已经很不错了 |
[34:20] | I need something I can use. | 我需要把柄 |
[34:20] | Wait, are we trying to protect Will or give you ammunition? | 我们这是在保护威尔 还是替你找把柄 |
[34:23] | Thought we could do both. | 一石二鸟 |
[34:25] | He contributed $250 to the failed primary campaign | 他给初选落马的内布拉斯加州 |
[34:28] | of a congressional candidate in Nebraska. | 候选议员捐了250美元 |
[34:30] | – While he was a journalist? – No. | -在他当上记者之后吗 -不是 |
[34:32] | Nothing I can do with that. | 那我也用不上 |
[34:33] | I mean, they– nothing they can do with that. | 我是说他们 他们用不上 |
[34:36] | Oh, the candidate was a Republican. | 那个候选人是共和党 |
[34:38] | – So’s Will. – What? | -威尔也是 -什么 |
[34:39] | He’s a registered Republican. | 他是注册了的共和党人 |
[34:40] | The four of you weren’t able to uncover that? | 你们四个居然都没查出来 |
[34:43] | We weren’t looking. | 我们压根儿就没查 |
[34:44] | He was a speechwriter for Bush 41. | 他以前还给老布什写过演讲稿 |
[34:47] | What did you think he was? | 你以为呢 |
[34:47] | I just thought he did that as a public service. | 我以为他那是做公职呢 |
[34:49] | Or to mess with him like in “The Sting.” | 或是上演一把现实版的《骗中骗》 |
[34:51] | That’s nothing like what happened in “The Sting.” | 《骗中骗》不是这样的 |
[34:54] | Jim got kicked out of his a study abroad semester. | 吉姆”出国留学”被开除了 |
[34:56] | – He went to the Arctic Circle. – I wanted to see the penguins. | -他去了北极圈 -我想看企鹅 |
[34:59] | – Those are in the Antarctic. – Lesson learned. | -企鹅在南极 -受科普了 |
[35:01] | Why’d you get kicked out? | 你怎么会被开除 |
[35:02] | You’re not allowed to fraternize with the Inuit. | 他们不准我亲近因纽特人 |
[35:05] | He tried to score with an Eskimo. | 他想搞爱斯基摩人 |
[35:08] | I was just trying… | 我只是想试着… |
[35:10] | I was just trying to get… | 我只是想… |
[35:11] | past the disappointment with the penguins. | 忘掉企鹅这事儿 |
[35:13] | All right, so there’s nothing so far. | 行了 反正是一无所获 |
[35:16] | Fox offered him a ton of money in 2006 | FOX在2006年给了他很多钱 |
[35:19] | to come to LA and get into late-night. | 邀请他到洛杉矶主持深夜秀 |
[35:20] | – A talk show? – Yeah. | -脱口秀吗 -对 |
[35:22] | He’d have been good at that. | 他会做得很好的 |
[35:24] | All right, get back to the news. | 好了 继续做新闻吧 |
[35:32] | – Did you say 2006? – Yeah. | -你是说2006年吗 -对啊 |
[35:34] | – How far did it get? – A deal memo. | -进展到什么程度 -做了协议备忘录 |
[35:36] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定 -确定 |
[35:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[35:41] | You know that this is stupid. | 这么做真傻 |
[35:43] | Just go do your jobs. | 快去干活吧 |
[36:05] | I’ve just heard something I can’t believe. | 我刚刚听到些难以置信的事 |
[36:07] | Why don’t you attack this woman? | 你为什么不攻击这个女人 |
[36:08] | She doesn’t seem that threatening to me. | 我看她没有威胁 |
[36:10] | She’s incredibly threatening. | 她太有威胁了 |
[36:11] | My life is in constant danger when she’s around. | 她一出现 我就有生命危险 |
[36:13] | – I’m Lonny Church. – Mackenzie McHale. | -我是朗尼·切奇 -麦肯兹·麦克黑尔 |
[36:15] | – Attack! – Nah. | -攻击 -不要 |
[36:17] | Look, I’ll be here at 9:00 unless you’re leaving the building. | 我九点再来 除非你要提前离开 |
[36:19] | In which case, press pound five on your phone and I’ll be here. | 到时候长按5键 我就马上过来 |
[36:22] | – Nice meeting you. – Nice meeting you. | -幸会 -幸会 |
[36:27] | Fox offered you a late-night talk show. | FOX请你去做深夜脱口秀 |
[36:28] | – Great, when do I start? – Five years ago. | -很好 我什么时候开始 -五年前 |
[36:31] | They offered you the show when we were together. | 当时我们还在一起 |
[36:33] | It was gonna take you to LA and it got as far as the deal memo. | 他们请你去洛杉矶 协议备忘录都做好了 |
[36:36] | What is it you think you’ve uncovered? | 你以为你发现了什么 |
[36:38] | This whole time you’ve enjoyed making me feel guilty | 一直以来 我因为害咱俩没在一起 |
[36:42] | for ruining the life we would have had together | 而深深自责 你却看着高兴 |
[36:44] | when, in fact, you never had any intention of marrying me. | 而实际上你根本没打算跟我结婚 |
[36:48] | No intention of marrying me. | 没打算娶我 |
[36:50] | I mean, you never even mentioned it. | 你甚至从来没有提过这事 |
[36:51] | You were just gonna go to LA and leave a note? | 你打算留个纸条就跑到洛杉矶是吗 |
[36:53] | Let me tell you something, the days of you being able to lord my mistake | 听着 你对我的错误揪住不放的日子 |
[36:57] | over me are behind us. | 已经过去了 |
[36:58] | I’ve lived a life that is good and pure. | 我一直很善良很纯洁 |
[37:02] | You were deceiving me while I was deceiving you. | 我骗你的时候你也在骗我 |
[37:04] | You never had any intention of… what’s this? | 你从来就没打算… 这是什么 |
[37:29] | I didn’t tell you about the Fox offer | 我没告诉你FOX的邀请是因为 |
[37:31] | because it was never real. I knew I was being used as leverage, | 那事没戏 他们只是拿我当筹码 |
[37:34] | and I didn’t want to be embarrassed | 但这一切都过去之后 |
[37:36] | in front of you when it went away. | 我不想在你面前丢脸 |
[37:39] | I was still trying to impress you. | 我依然想给你留下好印象 |
[37:43] | The ring was meant for me? | 戒指是为我准备的 |
[37:48] | But I’ve lived a life that’s good and pure. | 但我一直很善良很纯洁 |
[37:50] | Except for… | 除了 |
[37:53] | Cheating on you. | 劈腿 |
[37:55] | – Could you speak up? – Cheating on you. | -能大点声说吗 -劈腿 |
[37:57] | Except for cheating on you! | 除了我劈腿了 |
[37:59] | There it is. | 这就对了 |
[38:01] | Okay. Well, then… | 好了 那就… |
[38:04] | back to work. | 接着工作吧 |
[38:06] | Yeah. | 好 |
[38:13] | Listen, when you do propose to someone, | 当你哪天真的要求婚 |
[38:15] | that’s the ring that’ll do it. | 那戒指一定行 |
[38:26] | So as soon as you heard they were doing opposition research, | 你一听说他们在做对手研究 |
[38:30] | you ran over to Tiffany and bought the ring? | 就跑去蒂凡尼买了戒指 |
[38:31] | That’s insane. | 那样太蠢了 |
[38:33] | I had to send my agent or it would have shown up in the papers. | 我得让我的经纪人去 不然又会见报 |
[38:36] | – Will. – I’m gonna return it. | -威尔 -我会退回去的 |
[38:37] | Does that seem normal to you? | 你觉得你的行为正常吗 |
[38:39] | The world is made up of two kinds of people. | 世界是由两种人组成的 |
[38:41] | The ones who think they’re | 一种自以为正常 |
[38:42] | normal and the ones who know there’s no such thing. | 另一种明白根本没有所谓”正常” |
[38:44] | Great, you took one semester of Intro to Adult Psych. | 很好 你上过一学期的成人心理学入门 |
[38:47] | But the world is made up of a lot more than two kinds of people. | 但世界上远不止两种人 |
[38:51] | And I was speaking in the psychiatric sense of the word. | 我从精神病学的角度来说 |
[38:53] | Does going out and buying a ring… | 跑去买戒指 |
[38:55] | Which I’m going to return. | 我会去退掉的 |
[38:56] | …as a bizarre– I don’t know what to call it– | 怪异… 我不知道该怎么描述 |
[38:59] | seem normal to you? | 对你来说正常吗 |
[39:01] | You weren’t around for the exposition. | 你是不知道经过 |
[39:03] | She had an affair with her ex-boyfriend. | 她当时跟前男友有一腿 |
[39:04] | For four months while she was with me. | 给我戴了四个月的绿帽子 |
[39:06] | It’s four years later. | 已经过去四年了 |
[39:07] | And you know why I don’t talk about it? | 你知道我为什么不喜欢别人提起吗 |
[39:09] | Because I’m tired of people | 因为我真的厌倦了人们 |
[39:10] | telling me it’s a “Just get over it” situation. | 总是对我说 这事儿过了就过了吧 |
[39:12] | Fuck you. You don’t know what it’s like in my head. | 去你妈的 你不懂我脑子里是什么状况 |
[39:26] | Sloan Sabbith. | 斯隆·莎碧斯 |
[39:32] | It’s a Japanese news report from a few hours ago. | 几小时前的日本新闻报道 |
[39:35] | We know they’re talking about you, | 我们知道他们说的是你 |
[39:36] | but we don’t know what they’re saying. | 但不知道说的是什么 |
[39:43] | “After releasing incorrect | 在向美国记者 |
[39:44] | information to the American journalist Sloan Sabbith” | 斯隆·莎碧斯提供了不实信息后 |
[39:46] | That’s a picture of Elliot and | 这是埃利奥特的照片 |
[39:48] | he didn’t release incorrect information. I did. | 报道不实信息的不是他 是我 |
[39:50] | And it wasn’t incorrect. | 况且 哪里不实了 |
[39:54] | “After releasing incorrect | 在向美国记者 |
[39:55] | information to the American journalist Sloan Sabbith… | 斯隆·莎碧斯提供了不实信息后 |
[40:03] | TEPCO spokesman Daisuke Tanaka has offered to resign today. | 东京电力发言人田中大辅引咎辞职 |
[40:08] | He said, ‘I apologize to my company, | 他说 “我对不起我的公司 |
[40:11] | my government, and my country.'” | 我的政府 还有我的国家” |
[40:20] | Please, I have to fix this now. | 求你了 我得补救回来 |
[40:22] | Help me. I need wisdom. | 帮帮我 我需要智慧 |
[40:25] | – I have wisdom. – Kenzie, I love you. | -我也有智慧 -肯兹 我喜欢你 |
[40:28] | But a Japanese man’s honor is at stake. | 但这位日本人的名誉危在旦夕 |
[40:29] | And sometimes your wisdom leads to… | 而你的智慧常常会引发… |
[40:34] | like… | 就像… |
[40:39] | – No, I get it. – Yeah. | -好吧我懂了 -对 |
[40:41] | Will? | 威尔 |
[40:44] | She’d just been suspended | 她刚被停职 |
[40:46] | and she’s thinking about the other guy’s job. | 却还在担心别人的工作 |
[40:48] | Honor, actually, is what she said. | 其实不是工作 是名誉 |
[40:50] | Meanwhile, she’s a punch line on the Internet. | 与此同时 网上对她嘲笑声一片 |
[40:52] | – And he’s got students, too. – Who? | -他还有学生 -谁 |
[40:54] | Sloan. She teaches at Columbia twice a week. | 斯隆 她每周在哥大上两堂课 |
[40:57] | You said he. He’s got students. | 你说的是”他” 他有学生 |
[41:00] | And you feel that’s a breakthrough moment? | 你觉得你找到突破口了 |
[41:02] | That my subconscious revealed something? | 我的潜意识向你透露了信息 |
[41:04] | ‘Cause I’ll be honest. I’m pretty sure the reason I said he instead of she | 实话告诉你 我把”她”说成”他” |
[41:08] | is that I’ve been awake for a really long time now. | 是因为 我很久没合眼了 |
[41:11] | But those comments weren’t on your site, right? | 但这些评论没有发在你的网站上 |
[41:13] | No, because nobody’s gonna say that unless they’re anonymous. | 对 因为没人愿意实名回复 |
[41:16] | And if you don’t count the death threat, it worked. | 抛开恐吓信不说 我的计划成功了 |
[41:18] | It was bully kryptonite. | 实名制制服了恶霸 |
[41:19] | No more LollypopLollypop. | 棒棒糖棒棒糖再也不会出现了 |
[41:21] | What did SurrendrDorothee mean when | 投降吧多萝西的意思 |
[41:24] | The screen name of the person | 电视里那人叫什么来着 |
[41:26] | – It’s what the… – Yeah, the screen name of the person | -那是… -对 电视里那人 |
[41:29] | – Yeah. – On the last night you showed anonymous posts. | -对 -你昨晚读匿名评论时 |
[41:31] | It’s what the witch wrote in the sky– | 那是女巫写在天空上的 |
[41:33] | I’m not asking what the screen name means. | 我问的不是名字的寓意 |
[41:35] | I’m asking what the person that when he or she said | 而是它提到你当晚的嘉宾 |
[41:37] | that your guest that night had hit the Uncle Tom Daily Double. | “是汤姆叔叔的翻版” 是什么意思 |
[41:44] | The guest he or she was talking about was a man named Sutton Wall, | 它指的嘉宾是 沙顿·沃尔 |
[41:48] | who was the deputy chief of staff to Rick Santorum, | 是前宾夕法尼亚参议员 |
[41:51] | former senator for Pennsylvania | 里克·桑托勒姆的副幕僚长 |
[41:53] | who just announced his intention to run for President of the United States. | 桑托勒姆刚宣布 有意参加总统竞选 |
[41:56] | The list of prospective candidates for the Republican nomination for president | 共和党党内提名 参选总统的名单 |
[42:00] | may yet include another name. | 或将新增一个名字 |
[42:02] | Earlier this week, former Pennsylvania senator | 本周早些时候 前宾夕法尼亚参议员 |
[42:04] | 参选者只要表达参选意愿 组织试探委员会 即可参与总统竞选 | |
[42:04] | Rick Santorum convened an exploratory committee… | 里克·桑托勒姆召集人员组成试探委员会 |
[42:07] | And Sutton Wall is both black and gay. | 沙顿·沃尔既是黑人又是同性恋 |
[42:10] | The senator is perhaps best known for his full-throated advocacy of social issues. | 参议员以其在社会问题上的高调立场出名 |
[42:14] | Here to discuss how those positions and others | 桑托勒姆在各种问题上的立场 |
[42:17] | may shape Mr. Santorum’s bid for the White House | 对他问鼎白宫有何影响呢 |
[42:18] | is his former deputy chief of staff Sutton Wall, | 参与讨论的是他的前任副幕僚长沙顿·沃尔 |
[42:21] | an adjunct professor of American Studies at Temple University, | 同时也是天普大学美国研究的客座教授 |
[42:24] | who will be serving as an advisor to the campaign throughout this process. | 他将担任前参议员的竞选顾问 |
[42:28] | He teaches at Temple? | 他在天普大学教书 |
[42:30] | Yeah. | 对 |
[42:32] | So he has students? | 所以他有学生 |
[42:36] | Yes, he has students. | 对 他有学生 |
[42:38] | And LollypopLollypop said you almost made him cry. | 棒棒糖棒棒糖说你差点把他弄哭 |
[42:41] | That– that was absolutely not my intention. | 那完全不是我的本意 |
[42:44] | Well, you’re hardwired to hate bullies. | 你天生讨厌恶霸 |
[42:47] | Like the way comic book heroes are born out of a childhood trauma. | 就像漫画里有童年阴影的英雄一样 |
[42:51] | Santorum was the bully in that situation. | 在他的问题上 桑托勒姆才是恶霸 |
[42:54] | Speaking to the “New York Times” in May 2005, | 2005年5月在《纽约时报》访谈中 |
[42:57] | Senator Santorum said, | 桑托勒姆曾说 |
[42:58] | “Gay marriage threatens my marriage. | “同性婚姻威胁到了我的婚姻 |
[43:01] | It threatens all marriages. | 它威胁到了所有人的婚姻 |
[43:02] | It threatens the traditional values of this country.” | 还威胁到了我国的传统价值观” |
[43:05] | Mr. Wall, how does gay marriage | 沃尔先生 同性婚姻 |
[43:07] | threaten Mr. Santorum’s marriage? | 怎么就威胁到桑托勒姆先生的婚姻了 |
[43:09] | The senator believes that marriage | 参议员认为婚姻 |
[43:11] | is defined as the union of one man and one woman. | 应当是一男一女的结合 |
[43:13] | I understand that’s what the former senator believes. | 我明白前参议员是这么认为的 |
[43:15] | But what he said was that | 但他说的是 |
[43:17] | gay marriages threatens his marriage and all marriages. | 同性婚姻威胁到了他的乃至所有人的婚姻 |
[43:19] | And I’m asking you exactly how it’s a threat. | 我问的正是 这威胁从何而来 |
[43:22] | Sanctity of life is the number one issue | 对里克·桑托勒姆而言 |
[43:24] | with Rick Santorum, and he believes… | 生命的神圣是头等大事 他认为… |
[43:26] | Mr. Wall, we’ll get to purposely vague words like sanctity in a moment. | 沃尔先生 请不要用”神圣”这种模糊的词 |
[43:29] | But I’d like you to try to answer the question. | 请你正面回答我的问题 |
[43:31] | How is Mr. Santorum’s marriage threatened | 桑托勒姆先生的婚姻 |
[43:35] | by the gay couple two houses down also being married? | 怎么就受到同性恋邻居的威胁了 |
[43:37] | Will, I was proud to serve on the senator’s staff, | 威尔 我很自豪曾效力于参议员 |
[43:40] | and I’ll be proud to serve and | 今后他若竞选总统 |
[43:41] | support him should he choose to run for president. | 我也会自豪地支持并协助他 |
[43:43] | But that doesn’t mean I necessarily agree with him on every single issue. | 但这不代表 我赞同他的所有观点 |
[43:47] | Gay marriage is now legal in five states | 同性婚姻已在五个州合法化 |
[43:50] | as well as the District of Columbia. | 外加哥伦比亚特区 |
[43:51] | Has Mr. Santorum’s marriage been suffering as a result? | 桑托勒姆先生的婚姻是否因此而受影响 |
[43:56] | Has he complained to you | 他可曾向你抱怨 |
[43:58] | that he and Mrs. Santorum seem to be fighting more or talking less? | 他与妻子吵架多而交流少 |
[44:01] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[44:02] | Has there been any infidelity in the last seven years | 这七年来 他们夫妻间是否出现过不忠 |
[44:05] | or an inability to relate to their children | 或是无法与子女相处 |
[44:07] | as a result of five states legalizing same-sex marriage? | 而原因归咎于五个州的同性婚姻合法化 |
[44:10] | This is a preposterous line of questioning, sir. | 你的问题非常荒谬 先生 |
[44:12] | I’m afraid it has to be, sir, | 不荒谬不行 先生 |
[44:13] | because it’s a preposterous assertion. | 因为他的言论就很荒谬 |
[44:14] | Now, are you able to name one way | 你能否举出一个例子 |
[44:16] | in which Mr. Santorum’s marriage to Mrs. Santorum | 桑托勒姆夫妇间的婚姻 |
[44:19] | is threatened by gay couples also having the right to marry? | 因同性婚姻合法化 而受威胁 |
[44:23] | I… | 我… |
[44:28] | I am not able to name a way. | 我举不出例子 |
[44:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:32] | I could have just stopped it there. | 我本该到此结束的 |
[44:35] | Does it bother you that Mr. Santorum thinks there’s something wrong | 桑托勒姆先生认为你有病 需要治 |
[44:38] | with you that should be fixed? | 你不生气吗 |
[44:39] | Hang on, because I am sick and tired of these attacks, | 慢着 我受够了这些攻击 |
[44:42] | these wrongheaded attacks against a great man and a great public servant. | 以错误导向 攻击这位伟人 好公仆 |
[44:45] | Reasonable people can disagree about how great a man or how great a public | 里克·桑托勒姆是不是伟人或好公仆 |
[44:48] | servant Rick Santorum is, | 各人自有判断 |
[44:51] | but they can’t disagree about the fact | 但是无可否认 |
[44:52] | that he thinks you’re a sick deviant who’s threatening the fabric of society. | 他认为你是威胁社会根基的异类 |
[44:55] | I have known this man for almost a decade, | 我与他相识近十年 |
[44:57] | and I can tell you that he has treated me with nothing but respect. | 我可以告诉你 他对我从没有不敬之举 |
[45:00] | This is Senator Santorum speaking to Fox News. | 以下是桑托勒姆议员在FOX台的发言 |
[45:03] | – Easy does it, Will. – No, we’re gonna do this thing. | -点到为止就行了 -不行 非得这样 |
[45:06] | …that this is the equivalent, | …在本质上相同 |
[45:08] | that being black and being gay is the same is simply not true. | 说黑人和同性恋本质上相同 是不对的 |
[45:12] | There are all sorts of studies out there that suggest just the contrary, | 各种研究表明恰恰相反 |
[45:16] | and there are people who were gay and lived a gay lifestyle | 有人曾是同性恋 过着同性恋生活 |
[45:19] | and aren’t anymore. | 而现在不是了 |
[45:21] | I don’t know if that’s the similar situation. | 两者的性质能一样吗 |
[45:23] | I don’t think that’s the case with anybody that’s black. | 黑人的肤色可没法改变 |
[45:25] | Mr. Santorum is forgiving you for being black | 桑托勒姆先生原谅你是黑人 |
[45:27] | because there’s nothing you can do about that. | 因为你无法改变这一点 |
[45:29] | But you don’t have to be gay. | 但你可以不做同性恋 |
[45:31] | I will say it again. Mr. Santorum is a great man | 我重申一次 桑托勒姆先生是个伟大的人 |
[45:33] | who would make a great president. | 他会成为伟大的总统 |
[45:35] | He has never treated me with anything but the utmost respect. | 他对我从来只有敬重 |
[45:38] | Except for finding you disgusting. | 但他却觉得你很恶心 |
[45:40] | – That is a lie. – Will, don’t… | -这是谎言 -威尔 别… |
[45:42] | Has Rick Santorum on the floor of the US Senate | 里克·桑托勒姆是否曾在参议院内 |
[45:44] | compared homosexuality to incest and bestiality? | 公开将同性恋与乱伦和兽奸相提并论 |
[45:47] | Those remarks have been taken out of context over the years– | 那些言论多年来被断章取义 |
[45:50] | Feel free to put the remarks in the proper context. | 请您将它置于合适的前后文 |
[45:52] | He makes a clear distinction between homosexuality and homosexual acts. | 他将同性恋和同性恋行为区分得很清楚 |
[45:57] | So he only finds you disgusting when you act like a homosexual? | 所以只有你表现得像同性恋时 他才会恶心 |
[45:59] | – He doesn’t find me disgusting. – Yes, he does. | -他没有觉得我恶心 -他有 |
[46:01] | And he also thinks you’re less than a man. | 他还认为你低人一等 |
[46:03] | – No, he certainly does not. – Come on. | -他绝对没有 -别问了 |
[46:05] | Our Declaration contains the words | 独立宣言包含以下内容 |
[46:07] | We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal.” | “下述真理当是不言而喻的 人人生而平等” |
[46:10] | In order to arrive at the conclusion | 若要认为 |
[46:12] | that homosexual love is something less than heterosexual love, | 同性之爱低于异性之爱 |
[46:15] | you have to begin with the premise | 其前提必然是 |
[46:17] | that a homosexual is something less than a man. | 同性恋者低人一等 |
[46:20] | That’s inescapable. | 这点无可辩驳 |
[46:20] | And so I’m asking you to explain to me | 那么我请问 |
[46:23] | why you would work for a man who believes that you’re inferior? | 他视你为低人一等 你为何还要为他工作 |
[46:27] | – That you’re damaged. That you’re ill. – Stop hitting him. | -说你有残缺 病态 -别攻击他了 |
[46:30] | Unnatural. A threat to children. | 不自然 危害儿童 |
[46:31] | Unfit to serve in the military. | 没资格服兵役 |
[46:33] | Unfit to be a parent. And unloved by God. | 没资格为人父母 不为上帝所爱 |
[46:36] | – I’m asking you, sir. – Stop! Just stop! | -我请问 先生 -停 给我闭嘴 |
[46:38] | I believe in the sanctity of life. | 我相信生命之神圣 |
[46:42] | And if that word is too vague for you, then look it up. | 如果你觉得这个词模糊 去查字典 |
[46:44] | I support the senator because of all the candidates in the field, | 我支持议员是因为 在所有候选者中 |
[46:47] | I believe he is the only one | 他是唯一一个 |
[46:49] | whose passionon the issue of abortion equals my own. | 在堕胎问题上和我一样热情的人 |
[46:52] | And I believe he has the skills to make a fantastic president. | 我相信他有能力成为一个出色的总统 |
[46:56] | I am not talking…that’s not… | 我没有问你…这不是… |
[46:57] | You will not interrupt me again, sir! | 你不许再打断我 先生 |
[47:00] | I am more than one thing. | 我是个活生生的人 |
[47:05] | How dare you reduce me to the color of my skin or my sexual orientation? | 你怎能单凭我的肤色或性取向来评价我 |
[47:11] | There are people who look just like me, | 世上有很多人和我一样 |
[47:13] | thousands and thousands who died for the freedom | 千千万万的人为自由而献身 |
[47:15] | to define their own lives for themselves. | 来诠释自己生命的意义 |
[47:17] | How dare you presume to decide what I should think is important? | 你凭什么替我决定 什么才是重要的 |
[47:22] | Yes, when it comes to equality for the gay community, | 没错 论及同性恋团体的平等权益时 |
[47:25] | Senator Santorum is wrong. | 桑托勒姆参议员的观点是错的 |
[47:27] | But I am far more insulted by your high-handed implication | 但我更不能接受 你专横地暗示 |
[47:30] | – that I need your protection. – Sir, I… | -我需要你的保护 -先生 我… |
[47:33] | Shut up! I’ll let you know when I’m finished. | 闭嘴 我说完了会告诉你的 |
[47:39] | I came on this program because Rick Santorum believes | 我上这节目 是因为里克·桑托勒姆认为 |
[47:44] | that the right to kill an unborn child is not inalienable. | 杀害胎儿的权利 并非不可剥夺 |
[47:48] | And I stand with Rick Santorum. | 我认同里克·桑托勒姆 |
[47:51] | And I stand with the Catholic Church. | 也认同天主教会 |
[47:56] | I am not defined by my blackness. | 我并不仅仅是黑人 |
[47:59] | I am not defined by my gayness. | 也不仅仅是同性恋 |
[48:02] | And if that doesn’t fit your narrow-minded expectation of who I’m supposed to be | 如果这不符合你对我狭隘的定义 |
[48:06] | I don’t give a damn, | 我毫不在意 |
[48:08] | because I’m not defined by you either. | 因为我也并不由你来定义 |
[48:10] | So get this through your head. | 用你的脑子好好想想吧 |
[48:15] | I don’t need your help. | 我不需要你的援手 |
[48:23] | Mr. Wall? | 沃尔先生 |
[48:30] | Does Mr. Santorum think you’re fit to be a teacher? | 桑托勒姆先生认为你适合当教师吗 |
[48:39] | No. | 不 |
[48:43] | We’ll be back after this. | 我们稍后回来 |
[48:53] | He has students. | 他有学生 |
[48:55] | And parents. | 有父母 |
[48:58] | And friends. | 有朋友 |
[49:00] | And colleagues. And strangers. | 有同事 以及陌生人 |
[49:02] | I was the bully. | 我才是恶霸 |
[49:08] | I was the bully. | 我才是恶霸 |
[49:16] | You’ve got to give me credit for | 你至少得承认 |
[49:17] | uniting the far right, the gay community, | 我利用大家对我的不满 |
[49:19] | and blacks in their dislike of me. | 把极右派 同性恋团体和黑人团结了起来 |
[49:21] | The Internet exploded. | 网上都炸开锅了 |
[49:23] | Everybody thought I’d become unhinged. | 所有人都觉得我疯了 |
[49:25] | It sort of brought back this thing | 有点像是回到一年前 |
[49:26] | that happened about a year ago at Northwestern. | 在西北大学发生的那件事 |
[49:28] | When you yelled at a student. | 你冲着一个学生大吼 |
[49:33] | I scared her. | 我吓到她了 |
[49:42] | All right. | 好吧 |
[49:51] | All right. | 是啊 |
[49:55] | That’s “News Night.” | 以上就是《晚间新闻》 |
[49:55] | Thanks for washing us– watching us. | 感谢您的收刊…收看 |
[49:57] | – Let me get out of here. – End the broadcast. | -播报结束 -说结束语 |
[50:00] | – I’m Will McAvoy. – Attaboy. | -我是威尔·麦卡沃伊 -乖孩子 |
[50:02] | Terry Smith is coming up, mercifully, | 接下来由泰利·史密斯 |
[50:03] | with the “Capitol Report” from Washington. | 从华盛顿为您带来《国会报告》 |
[50:05] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[50:11] | If you’re here to make me feel better, it’s not necessary. | 你不必来安慰我 |
[50:14] | You think I’m here to make you feel better? | 你以为我是来安慰你的 |
[50:16] | The story is right. | 报道没有错 |
[50:17] | In this one case, I don’t give a damn about on the record, off the record. | 这件事上 我才不在乎什么”公开””私下” |
[50:20] | – And no one in Fukushima does either. – I do. | -福岛上的人也不在乎 -我在乎 |
[50:23] | The story is right. | 报道没有错 |
[50:25] | His spokesman denied it on the air. | 发言人在直播时否认了 |
[50:26] | He said it to me. | 他亲口对我说的 |
[50:27] | And you got proof of that I can bounce off our satellite? | 你有证据能让我播出来吗 |
[50:30] | – No. – Is Maggie into Jim? | -没有 -玛姬喜欢上吉姆了吗 |
[50:31] | For Christ’s sake, we’re talking about radia…what? | 上帝啊 辐射关系到…什么 |
[50:37] | Am I losing Maggie? | 玛姬要离开我了吗 |
[50:40] | No. | 不会的 |
[50:49] | Are you good at knowing these things? | 这种事你很懂吗 |
[50:53] | No. | 不懂 |
[50:58] | Make sure he’s at Dr. Habib’s office at 10:00 tomorrow. | 确保他明早十点去看哈比卜医生 |
[51:01] | When are you and me gonna get busy, huh? | 何时咱俩能凑一对啊 |
[51:03] | I’m flattered, but you’d crush me. | 多谢美意 但你会把我压扁的 |
[51:04] | That’s true. That’s happened before. | 的确 以前发生过 |
[51:06] | Dress up like a tailback and he won’t be able to lay a hand on you. | 你穿上橄榄球服 他就不敢碰你了 |
[51:09] | Shrimp boat, if I wasn’t being paid to keep you alive… | 软脚虾 要不是有人付我钱保你活着… |
[51:12] | – Let’s go. – Hey, girl! | -咱们走吧 -丫头 |
[51:13] | Do you really have to call her that? | 你非得这么叫她吗 |
[51:16] | She’s packing up her office. | 她都在收拾东西了 |
[51:18] | She’s gonna unpack her office ’cause I figured a way out. | 她会把东西再摆回去 因为我有招了 |
[51:20] | What? | 什么 |
[51:22] | The Japanese words for four and seven sound alike. | 日语的四和七发音很像 |
[51:26] | – Hey, girl! – Yes? | -丫头 -怎么 |
[51:29] | Come on down. | 快下来 |
[51:40] | I am here. | 我来了 |
[51:42] | What’s the Japanese word for four? | 日语的四怎么说 |
[51:44] | Shi. | |
[51:46] | What’s the Japanese word for seven? | 日语的七怎么说 |
[51:48] | Shichi. | |
[51:49] | Those words are easy to mix up. | 这俩词很容易混淆 |
[51:50] | – No, they’re not. – Yes, they are. | -才不会 -绝对会 |
[51:52] | Not for someone who’s fluent in Japanese. | 精通日语的人不会搞混 |
[51:54] | – You’re not fluent in Japanese. – Yes, I am. | -你不精通日语 -我精通 |
[51:56] | No, you’re not. | 你不精通 |
[51:57] | That’s how you mixed up the numbers | 所以你才会在预采访时 |
[51:58] | when you were talking to Tanaka in the preinterview. | 把数字给弄混了 |
[52:00] | No, it’s for exactly that reason | 不对 而且正因如此 |
[52:02] | that there are two words for four and two words for seven. | 所以日文中四和七都有两种念法 |
[52:04] | Yon and nana. | よ和なな |
[52:05] | And it went from a four to a five to a seven. | 况且是从四级”升”至五级再”升”至七级 |
[52:07] | That sounds very complicated. | 听起来很复杂 |
[52:09] | Not if you’re fluent in Japanese. | 精通日语就不复杂 |
[52:10] | You’re not anymore. | 你不再精通了 |
[52:12] | You’re gonna go on TV tonight during Elliot’s show, | 你今晚上埃利奥特的节目 |
[52:16] | which I pray to God Elliot is hosting. | 上帝保佑今晚是他主持 |
[52:18] | – He is. – And you’re going to apologize and explain your error. | -是他 -你作出道歉并解释所犯的错 |
[52:22] | In exchange, Daisuke Tanaka is going to say | 而田中大辅则会声称 |
[52:25] | that you made it clear that you were on the record | 你当时明确表示 对话内容是公开的 |
[52:28] | and he doesn’t have to resign and you don’t have to be suspended. | 这样他不用辞职 你也不用停职 |
[52:31] | We’re all just going to lie and I’m going to look stupid. | 我们这样撒谎 我会被当成傻子 |
[52:33] | – You bet. One more thing. – What? | -没错 还有一件事 -什么 |
[52:36] | Fukushima’s announcing the radiation levels are a seven. | 福岛把核事故等级提到了七级 |
[52:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:41] | I don’t know what the hell you’re thanking me for. | 我不知道你为什么要谢我 |
[52:43] | Well, it takes a big man to admit he was wrong. | 承认错误 需要宽广的胸襟 |
[52:45] | That isn’t even remotely what I am doing. | 我根本就没这意思 |
[52:48] | Hang on, she’s got to go on the air and say she made a mistake, | 等等 她得上电视承认自己犯了错 |
[52:51] | that her Japanese is poor… | 说她日语不好… |
[52:52] | – Which it certainly is not. – Just… God. | -绝不是真的 -就…神啊 |
[52:55] | She’s gonna go on the air and say she thought it was a seven | 她得上电视说 她以为自己听到的是七 |
[52:58] | when it’s really a four that then moved up to a five | 其实是四级调到五级 |
[53:00] | and she’s really sorry, but also now it’s really a seven? | 她非常抱歉 但现在真的是七级了 |
[53:03] | It won’t be our proudest moment, but it’ll save the guy’s job. | 这是不光彩 但至少能挽回那家伙的工作 |
[53:07] | Save his honor. | 和他的名誉 |
[53:09] | Help very slightly with our increasingly dinged-up reputation, | 对我们日益沉沦的声誉也稍有帮助 |
[53:13] | and it’ll help the girl | 还能帮到这丫头 |
[53:15] | who we will now go back to addressing as Sloan or Miss Sabbith. | 从今以后 管你叫斯隆 或莎碧斯小姐 |
[53:19] | Will. | 威尔 |
[53:25] | You want me to lie? | 你要我撒谎吗 |
[53:27] | On television? | 在电视上 |
[53:29] | From a news desk with the ACN bug in the corner? | 带着ACN台标的新闻台上 |
[53:37] | I do. | 是的 |
[53:40] | And if there’s any fallout, | 不论结果如何 |
[53:42] | I’ll be standing right next to you and in front. | 我都会站在你身边 挡在你身前 |
[53:44] | I’ll always be standing right next to you and in front. | 我会永远站在你身边 挡在你身前 |
[53:52] | We fucked up. | 我们搞砸了 |
[53:54] | Let’s just live with that now. | 只能自己咽下去 |
[54:12] | We lied on television from the news desk. | 我们在新闻间里对着电视镜头撒了谎 |
[54:15] | It was a pretty harmless lie, wasn’t it? | 无伤大雅的小谎而已 不是吗 |
[54:17] | You know how many air hours I’ve spent railing against lying? | 你知道我花了多长时间拆穿谎言 |
[54:20] | Calling people out on it? | 点名道姓地叫板吗 |
[54:22] | We’re the news and we’re all gonna know we lied for the rest of our lives. | 我们是新闻人 这辈子都会记得自己撒了谎 |
[54:26] | All right, so it turns out you know what you’re doing. | 好吧 原来你的确有两手 |
[54:30] | So I’m sorry I’ve been a jerk. | 我刚才很混蛋 抱歉 |
[54:31] | Obviously the reason I can’t sleep is the Santorum aide. | 很明显 我睡不着是因为桑托勒姆的助手 |
[54:35] | And I haven’t talked to anyone about it, so I was trying… | 而我没跟别人说过 所以我想… |
[54:37] | – Bacon. – What? | -培根 -什么 |
[54:39] | The bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches. | 培根鸡蛋芝士三明治 |
[54:41] | Bacon has tyramine, | 培根里有酪胺 |
[54:42] | which increases the release of norepinephrine, | 能加速去甲肾上腺素的分泌 |
[54:45] | – which is a neurostimulant. – When did you figure that out? | -是种神经兴奋剂 -你什么时候想到的 |
[54:48] | When you said you made bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches. | 你提到培根鸡蛋芝士三明治的时候 |
[54:49] | – That was like an hour ago! – Yeah. | -那是一小时之前了 -没错 |
[54:52] | Will, listen, and I’m going to write you a mild prescription, | 威尔 我会给你开一剂温和的药 |
[54:56] | but you should come back. | 但你该继续来 |
[54:58] | If you don’t like me, see someone else. | 你若不喜欢我 去找别人 |
[55:01] | But see someone. You’ve had a lot going on for a long time. | 但你要和人谈谈 你强撑太久了 |
[55:05] | Very serious stuff. And, by the way, | 情况很严重 还有 |
[55:06] | you should be at an Al-Anon meeting at least once a week. | 你每周至少应该参加一次匿名戒酒会 |
[55:10] | You have a lot going on now. | 你的身边发生太多的事 |
[55:13] | You’re being hunted. | 你遭受追杀 |
[55:15] | In the press, | 在媒体上 |
[55:17] | on the Internet, | 在网络上 |
[55:20] | very possibly literally. | 还很可能在现实中 |
[55:24] | This whole file here from four years ago, every page is about Mackenzie. | 这本档案是四年前的 每页都和麦肯兹有关 |
[55:27] | In these notes are a lot of evidence | 档案里有大量证据表明 |
[55:29] | that you’re experiencing acute depression | 你有急性抑郁症 |
[55:32] | and doing a masterful job covering it. | 却掩藏得不露痕迹 |
[55:34] | That’s done. | 已经过去了 |
[55:37] | Buying the ring was not normal. | 买戒指不正常 |
[55:40] | I don’t know what else to call it. It wasn’t normal. | 我不知该怎么说 就是不正常 |
[55:47] | It really doesn’t take a team of Viennese specialists | 不需要一整队的维也纳专家 |
[55:50] | to see that you have unresolved issues with Mackenzie. | 也能看出来 你和麦肯兹的关系还没完 |
[55:52] | No, my feelings are completely resolved. | 错 我对她的感情已经彻底完结了 |
[55:55] | She’s a good friend and my most trusted partner. | 她是个好朋友 也是我最信任的伙伴 |
[55:58] | The ring was just a prank. | 戒指只是个恶作剧 |
[56:06] | I know what you think of all this. | 我知道你是怎么想的 |
[56:10] | But I would really urge you | 但我真心希望你 |
[56:12] | to spend an hour a week faking it. | 每周花上一小时 假装你还有感情 |
[56:18] | That’s it. Our time’s up. | 好了 时间到 |