时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | DOLE: Previously on “The Practice”… | 前集回顾未作翻译 |
[00:02] | STRINGER: Okay. | |
[00:03] | The search seems to be bogus. | |
[00:05] | She was pulled over for rolling through a stop sign. | |
[00:07] | Who’s sitting? Do you know? | |
[00:08] | Judge Brenford. Why? | |
[00:10] | You’re home. | |
[00:11] | I’m sorry? | |
[00:12] | Brenford is the flirting judge | |
[00:14] | and you’ve got blonde hair. | |
[00:16] | All you have to do is smile at him, | |
[00:19] | big smile, over the top. | |
[00:22] | If he thinks you think he’s cute, | |
[00:24] | he’ll suppress on the spot. | |
[00:26] | What? | |
[00:27] | Your Honor, we’d like to, | |
[00:29] | you know, waive reading, | |
[00:31] | if that’s all right? | |
[00:32] | Why are you so happy? | |
[00:34] | Just happy to be here, Your Honor. | |
[00:37] | Are you coming onto me? | |
[00:38] | STRINGER: I would never, | |
[00:39] | as hard as it is to resist. | |
[00:46] | I cannot believe you did that. | |
[00:48] | It was a joke, Jamie. | |
[00:49] | Calm down. | |
[00:49] | You humiliated me! | |
[00:51] | I’m gonna let what little doubt I have cut in your favor. | |
[00:54] | I’m suppressing the search | |
[00:55] | and dismissing the indictment. | |
[00:56] | (gavel bangs) | |
[00:59] | Excellent. | |
[01:06] | You’re telling me this now? | 你们现在跟我说这个? |
[01:08] | Normally, we like to present a united front, | 通常,我们会展现出意见一致 |
[01:11] | but Ellenor feels strongly that we should plead and– | 但是Ellenor强烈地认为我们应该认罪 |
[01:14] | Why? FRUTT: Basically, the media. | – 为什么? – 总的来说是因为舆论 |
[01:16] | On the evidence alone, I think our chances are okay, | 仅凭证据,我认为我们机会不小 |
[01:20] | but the press is killing you. | 但是媒体正在置你于死地 |
[01:21] | You’re already guilty in the public’s eye. | 在公众眼里你已经是有罪的了 |
[01:24] | Jurors are instructed to disregard | 陪审员们得到了指示 |
[01:27] | what they see and hear. | 无视他们的所见所闻 |
[01:28] | FRUTT: Of course they are, but… | 当然是这样,但是。。。 |
[01:31] | these images have been on every broadcast every night. | 那些图片每晚都在电视中播出 |
[01:35] | Look at the pictures. | 看看那些图片 |
[01:37] | I don’t need to see them again. | 我没必要再去看那些 |
[01:38] | FRUTT: Steven, to the extent that you’re in denial, | Steven,到了以至于你拒绝承认的程度了 |
[01:42] | I think you do. | 我认为是这样的 |
[01:44] | I want you to really look. | 我要你仔细看看 |
[01:53] | FRUTT: For the past week | 过去一周里 |
[01:55] | leading every broadcast. | 所有电视节目的头条 |
[01:58] | I’m getting a very bad feeling. | 我感觉很不好 |
[02:10] | But you think we can win this? | 但你觉得我们能赢吗? |
[02:12] | The case is circumstantial. | 这个案子只有间接证据 |
[02:14] | On the evidence, I think we have a shot. | 根据证据,我觉得我们有机会 |
[02:16] | Then I’m going with you. | 那我听你的 |
[02:19] | No plea. | 不认罪 |
[03:16] | Kathy and I met freshman year. | Kathy和我是大一时认识的 |
[03:18] | She lived on my hall in one of the dorms. | 她住在我那楼的一间宿舍里 |
[03:21] | After that, we got an apartment off campus. | 之后,我们在校外租了一套公寓 |
[03:24] | She was my best friend for four years. | 她是我四年来最好的朋友 |
[03:26] | Amy, why did you go see Dr. Barrett? | Amy,你为什么要去见Barrett医生 |
[03:31] | Well, we both decided to get breast implants | 呃,我们都决定要做隆胸手术 |
[03:33] | as kind of a graduation present. | 算是某种毕业礼物 |
[03:35] | We talked to a bunch of different doctors, | 我们和很多不同的医生谈过 |
[03:38] | but Kathy and Steven had this connection. | 但Kathy和Steven有关系 |
[03:40] | GAMBLE: They were a couple. | 他们是一对儿 |
[03:42] | AMY: Oh, yes, even though he was married. | 噢,是的,虽然他已婚了 |
[03:45] | At first, it was just for the surgery, | 最初,只是为了做手术 |
[03:48] | but Kathy had a thing about older guys. | 但Kathy对年纪大的男人很感兴趣 |
[03:50] | GAMBLE: How often did you see them together? | 你经常看到他们在一起吗? |
[03:52] | AMY: All the time. | 一直都是 |
[03:53] | They went out at least a few nights a week. | 他们每周至少出去几个晚上 |
[03:55] | She was always talking about the restaurants they went to | 她总是在谈论他们去的餐馆 |
[03:58] | or how great it was at his house on the cape. | 或者他在海角的房子里有多棒 |
[04:01] | She said they were in love. | 她说他们相爱了 |
[04:03] | Did you ever see them fight? | 你见过他们吵架吗? |
[04:05] | AMY: I saw them argue a lot. | 我经常看到他们吵架 |
[04:08] | The last time was a few nights before she was killed. | 上一次是在她被杀前几天的晚上 |
[04:11] | Could you hear what they were fighting about? | 你能听到他们在吵什么吗? |
[04:13] | AMY: The same thing they always did. | 吵的总是那些事 |
[04:16] | Kathy wanted Steven to get a divorce. | Kathy要Steven离婚 |
[04:19] | I didn’t hear everything | 我什么都没听清 |
[04:22] | but it was bad. | 但吵得很厉害 |
[04:23] | She slapped him, | 她给了他一巴掌 |
[04:25] | and she told him to get the hell out. | 让他滚出去 |
[04:28] | Two days later, she was dead. | 两天后,她死了 |
[04:33] | You never heard my client threaten Ms. Vance, did you? | 你从没听到过我的当事人威胁Vance女士,对吗? |
[04:36] | No. | 对 |
[04:37] | YOUNG: You never saw him hit her | 你也从没有看到他打她 |
[04:37] | or be violent with her in any way? | 或者对她有任何暴力行为? |
[04:40] | AMY: No. | 没有看到过 |
[04:41] | YOUNG: And when you saw Ms. Vance | 那么当你看到Vance女士 |
[04:42] | slap Dr. Barrett, | 扇Barrett医生的嘴巴时 |
[04:44] | how did he respond to that? | 他有何反应? |
[04:46] | He didn’t. | 他没什么反应 |
[04:47] | He didn’t lose his temper? | 他没有发脾气吗? |
[04:49] | He didn’t hit her back? | 他没有回击她吗? |
[04:50] | No, he just turned around and walked out. | 没有,他只是转身走了 |
[04:53] | YOUNG: Could you tell us how you heard | 你能告诉我们 |
[04:54] | that Ms. Vance had been killed? | 你是怎么知道Vance女士被杀的吗? |
[04:56] | I got a phone call from Steven the day she was found. | 在她发现的那天,我接到了Steven来的电话 |
[04:59] | Then how did he sound when you talked to him? | 那你和他谈话的时候,他听起来怎么样? |
[05:01] | He was crying. | 他在哭 |
[05:03] | In your opinion, he was devastated. | 在你看来他很伤心 |
[05:05] | Isn’t that what you told the police? | 你是这样跟警方说的吗? |
[05:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:30] | Thank you so much for coming. | 非常感谢你能来 |
[05:32] | Well, you left me six messages. | 呃,你留了六条信息 |
[05:35] | You are such a beautiful woman. | 你真漂亮 |
[05:38] | The newspapers make you look fatter. | 在报纸上看你更胖些 |
[05:40] | Mr. Deeks– I really needed to see you. | – Deeks先生 – 我真的需要见你 |
[05:43] | You’re the only lawyer who could– | 你是我唯一能找的律师。。。 |
[05:44] | DOLE: Mr. Deeks, I need to stop you. | Deeks先生,我不得不打断你 |
[05:46] | I read your indictment and the court file. | 我看了对你的起诉书和法庭审理档案 |
[05:49] | I’m sorry. I’m not taking any criminal cases anymore, | 很抱歉,我不再接刑事案了 |
[05:51] | especially murder cases. | 尤其是谋杀案 |
[05:55] | There are many other lawyers who– | 还有很多其他律师能。。。 |
[05:56] | DEEKS: Not like you. | 他们跟你不一样 |
[06:00] | Why am I different? | 为什么我有不同? |
[06:02] | You killed somebody. | 你杀过人 |
[06:05] | You can understand | 你可以理解 |
[06:07] | what it feels like. | 那是怎么回事 |
[06:09] | And it’s in part because I’m still trying to deal with– | 那也是一部分原因,因为我依然在试图。。。 |
[06:11] | I killed somebody. | 我杀了人 |
[06:16] | I took a life. | 我害了一条性命 |
[06:19] | I need someone who understands. | 我需要能理解我的人 |
[06:24] | Why? | 为什么? |
[06:26] | Because… | 因为。。。 |
[06:29] | I know there’s something wrong with me, | 我知道我有点不对劲 |
[06:33] | something that just told me to do it. | 好像有什么逼着我去那么做 |
[06:36] | I know it’s not the same as what you did, | 我知道这和你的情况不一样 |
[06:40] | but if anyone can understand… | 但如果有人能理解。。。 |
[06:44] | look. | 听我说 |
[06:45] | I don’t wanna go to jail for the rest of my life. | 我不想一辈子坐牢 |
[06:47] | If I could get into a hospital– | 如果我能进医院。。。 |
[06:51] | I don’t have much money | 我没多少钱 |
[06:56] | but I’ll pay you… | 但我会付给你报酬的。。。 |
[06:59] | everything I have. | 我所有的一切 |
[07:09] | You wanted to see me? | 您找我? |
[07:10] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[07:14] | I meant to grab you after last week’s hearing. | 我本想在上周听证会后就叫住你的 |
[07:17] | I wanted you to know that after a rather shaky start, | 我想让你知道在一个不大出色的开场白后 |
[07:19] | I thought that you, uh, | 我觉得你,呃 |
[07:21] | argued a persuasive motion. | 提出了一个有说服力的动议 |
[07:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[07:25] | This was my first real victory. | 这是我第一次真正意义上的胜利 |
[07:27] | So I’m feeling excellent. | 所以我觉得很棒 |
[07:30] | BRENFORD: Yeah, a difficult issue, | 嗯,那是一个难题 |
[07:32] | one on which I could have gone either way. | 我做出哪种裁决都有可能 |
[07:35] | Most judges, I might add, | 多说一句,大多数法官 |
[07:37] | probably would have gone the other way. | 可能会选择另一种裁决 |
[07:38] | STRINGER: Oh, well, I’m glad for my side that– | 噢,我真高兴您站在我这边。。。 |
[07:42] | You got me. | 你把我说动了 |
[07:45] | I thought perhaps you might like to grab some lunch. | 我想也许你想去吃午饭 |
[07:49] | Um, wouldn’t that be, | 呃,那不会是 |
[07:51] | like, uh… | 像是,呃。。。 |
[07:53] | incredibly improper? | 极端不当行为吗? |
[07:55] | The case is over. | 案子已经结束了 |
[07:57] | I take great pride in mentoring young lawyers. | 我以指导年轻律师为荣 |
[08:00] | It’s not something that’s done often enough | 在法律界,这可不是经常会有的事 |
[08:01] | in the legal community. | 在法律界,这可不是经常会有的事 |
[08:03] | Well– | 这个嘛。。。 |
[08:05] | I can’t order you. | 我不能命令你 |
[08:06] | That would be an abuse of my discretion. | 那算是滥用自由裁量权 |
[08:08] | So let’s just call it a request. | 所以让我们把这称之为请求 |
[08:16] | DETECTIVE: The defendant himself notified us | 是被告自己告诉我们 |
[08:18] | that the victim was missing. | 受害人失踪了 |
[08:20] | Upon locating her car not far from his office, | 在离他办公室不远的地方找到她的车 |
[08:23] | we conducted an area search. | 我们进行了区域搜索 |
[08:25] | Detective, could you tell us what you found? | 警探,你能告诉我们你发现了什么吗? |
[08:28] | DETECTIVE: In a wooded area behind the building, | 在大楼后面的树林里 |
[08:30] | we located the body of the victim. | 我们找到了受害者的尸体 |
[08:31] | Identified as… | 鉴别身份是。。。 |
[08:33] | Katherine Vance. | |
[08:34] | She had multiple stab wounds around her chest | 她胸部有多处刺伤 |
[08:37] | and defensive cuts on both of her hands. | 双手都有防御性的伤口 |
[08:40] | The body was naked. | 尸体是赤裸的 |
[08:41] | So we requested a rape kit be sent to the lab. | 所以我们按要求把强奸物证送到实验室 |
[08:44] | Do you know the result of those tests? | 你知道测试的结果吗? |
[08:46] | It was positive for semen inside the victim. | 死者体内有精液存在 |
[08:49] | The sample was a genetic match to the defendant. | 样本与被告的基因吻合 |
[08:53] | YOUNG: My client told you he was involved | 我的当事人告诉过你 |
[08:54] | with Katherine Vance. Yes. | – 他和Katherine Vance有恋情 – 是的 |
[08:57] | YOUNG: That they were having sexual relations. | 说他们发生了性关系 |
[08:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:59] | So she could have been killed by some stranger | 那么她可能是在和我的客户做爱之后 |
[09:01] | after having sex with my client. | 被陌生人杀死的 |
[09:04] | Is that possible, detective? | 有这个可能吧,警探? |
[09:05] | Anything is possible. That doesn’t mean– | 一切皆有可能,但并不是说。。。 |
[09:07] | YOUNG: Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:08] | Did you find the murder weapon? | 你发现谋杀凶器了吗? |
[09:09] | No, the knife was never recovered. | 没有,一直没发现那把刀 |
[09:11] | YOUNG: And what about the victim’s blood? | 那受害者的血迹呢? |
[09:13] | Could you connect it with my client? | 能和我的当事人产生关联吗? |
[09:14] | No. | 不能 |
[09:16] | YOUNG: So you searched his office, his house, | 所以你们搜查了他的办公室和家 |
[09:18] | his car, his clothes. | 还有他的车和衣服 |
[09:21] | Did you find any trace of the victim’s blood? | 你们发现了受害者的血迹吗? |
[09:24] | No. | 没有 |
[09:25] | Does it make sense to you, detective, | 他对血迹和物证如此小心翼翼地处理 |
[09:27] | that he would be so meticulous about the blood | 但却草草地把尸体 |
[09:29] | and physical evidence only to dump the body | 扔在自己办公室大楼的后面 |
[09:32] | right behind his own office building? | 你觉得这合情理吗,警探? |
[09:34] | Murders don’t typically make sense. | 谋杀案通常都不合情理 |
[09:36] | He called the police. | 是他报的警 |
[09:37] | He led you to her car. | 是他带着你们找到了受害人的车 |
[09:39] | He gave you a sample of his own DNA. | 他给你们提供了他的DNA样本 |
[09:43] | All true? | 这些都是事实吧? |
[09:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:48] | You understand I confessed. | 你知道我坦白过了 |
[09:50] | I do, but you only confessed after | 我知道,但你是在后备箱里找到尸体后 |
[09:52] | they discovered the body in the trunk. | 才坦白的 |
[09:55] | If we can suppress the search, | 如果我们能排除搜查证据 |
[09:56] | the confession goes out, too. | 你的坦白也就失效了 |
[09:58] | That would give us some leverage to make a deal, | 那会有利于我们达成一个认罪交易 |
[10:00] | which we would need to get you in a hospital. | 那样我们就可能把你送进医院 |
[10:04] | Are you with me? | 你听明白我说的意思了吗? |
[10:06] | You can undo my confession? | 你可以使我的坦白无效? |
[10:08] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[10:09] | But I’m willing to confess if that is what– | 但我愿意承认,如果那。。。 |
[10:11] | DOLE: I understand, but the problem with that | 我理解,但是问题是 |
[10:14] | is we would be left with no bargaining power. | 那样我们就没有讨价还价的能力了 |
[10:17] | Can you appreciate that? | 你能领会到这一点吗? |
[10:19] | Yes. | 我能 |
[10:20] | I just don’t wanna go to a prison. | 我只是不想坐牢 |
[10:22] | Anything to keep me out of prison. | 只要不让我坐牢 |
[10:25] | DOLE: I understand. | 我理解 |
[10:28] | Now, you answer only what I ask you, | 现在,你只需回答我的问题 |
[10:31] | nothing more, because– | 因为。。。 |
[10:32] | I strangled her. | 是我勒死了她 |
[10:35] | Stanley, I know you’re ill, | Stanley,我知道你病了 |
[10:39] | and I know you wanna get better. | 我知道你想有所好转 |
[10:41] | Carol. | |
[10:44] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[10:45] | Her name was Carol. | 她叫Carol |
[10:48] | She worked in my building. | 她在我那大楼里工作 |
[10:51] | She was very nice to me. | 她对我很好 |
[10:53] | I was a security guard and I killed her. | 我是个保安,我杀了她 |
[10:58] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[11:00] | I will never succeed in keeping you out of prison | 如果你不按我说的做 |
[11:02] | if you don’t do as I say. | 我绝对没办法让你躲过牢狱之灾 |
[11:05] | Do not be telling anybody else | 别对别人说 |
[11:07] | you strangled this girl. | 是你勒死了这个女孩 |
[11:10] | Are we clear? | 明白了吗? |
[11:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:26] | You’re the D. A. on this? | 你是负责这个案子的检察官? |
[11:27] | Perfect, isn’t it? | 太棒了,不是吗? |
[11:30] | I graduate to the rubber room | 在试图把你送进监狱后 |
[11:31] | after trying to put you away. | 我去做精神治疗了 |
[11:32] | One month on the happy farm, I’m back, | 一个月快乐的农场生活,我回来了 |
[11:35] | only to find myself up against–boom. | 却发现自己遇到了。。。砰! |
[11:38] | Oh, that’s what I call you. | 噢,我就是这么称呼你的 |
[11:40] | I used to give my defendants a one word moniker. | 我习惯给我的被告起单个词的绰号 |
[11:42] | It’s how I kept track. | 我就是这样穷追不舍的 |
[11:43] | My name for you was “boom” | 我给你起的名字就是“砰” |
[11:47] | since you were a shooter. | 因为你是个枪手 |
[11:48] | I see. Listen– | 我明白了,听着。。。 |
[11:50] | WALSH: Now, I call you “techie” | 而现在,我称你为“技术腕儿” |
[11:51] | since you got off on a technicality. | 因为你靠技术脱逃 |
[11:54] | Which do you like better, boom or techie? | 你觉得哪个更好些,砰还是技术腕儿? |
[12:02] | Lindsay… | |
[12:04] | I’m sort of half kidding. | 我在是在半开玩笑的 |
[12:07] | I’m trying to make light of my situation | 我在尽量想对我的处境淡然处之 |
[12:10] | because I’m… | 因为我。。。 |
[12:12] | so deeply embarrassed over, uh– | 很尴尬的,呃。。。 |
[12:17] | listen, I’m not gonna give you a hug, | 听我说,我不打算对你友好 |
[12:21] | but I’ll try to be fair | 但是我会尽量做到公平 |
[12:25] | and more importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[12:28] | a noble officer of the court…. | 一个品质高贵的法律工作者。。。 |
[12:32] | really. | 真正的 |
[12:37] | Walsh? | |
[12:38] | Why would they put one of their top people on this? | 为什么他们安排一个头号人物来办这个案子? |
[12:41] | DOLE: Stanley, this is a murder case. | Stanley,这是一个谋杀案 |
[12:42] | You strangled somebody. | 你勒死了人 |
[12:44] | Look, I’ll confess. | 听着,我会坦白的 |
[12:46] | Don’t start that again. | 别再开始说这些 |
[12:48] | He is gonna go for prison. | 他要把我关进监狱 |
[12:51] | Calm down. | 冷静下来 |
[12:53] | What if… | 如果是。。。 |
[12:55] | I can give them other information | 我给他们提供一些其他的信息 |
[12:58] | I can trade in exchange | 用来换取 |
[13:00] | for getting in a hospital | 把我送进医院 |
[13:02] | instead of jail? | 而不是进监狱呢? |
[13:05] | What other information? | 什么其他信息? |
[13:07] | I did other things… | 我做过其他的。。。 |
[13:11] | that they don’t know about. | 他们还不知道的 |
[13:13] | I don’t wanna know about it either. | 那些我也不想知道 |
[13:16] | Look, let’s tackle the suppression hearing | 听着,我们来处理证据排除听证会的事 |
[13:18] | and then go from there, okay? | 从那里开始做起,好吗? |
[13:23] | Carol. | |
[13:24] | What? | 什么? |
[13:28] | Her name was Carol. | 她的名字叫Carol |
[13:37] | I don’t deny having the affair. | 我不否认有外遇 |
[13:40] | Doctor, did you see Kathy Vance | 医生,在Kathy Vance被杀当晚 |
[13:41] | the night she was killed? | 你见过她吗? |
[13:43] | STEVEN: Yes, she stopped by the office. | 是的,她顺路到我的办公室 |
[13:44] | That’s where we would often meet. | 我们经常在那里见面 |
[13:46] | I work there at night when the staff is gone and– | 我晚上在那儿工作,完事以后。。。 |
[13:49] | Can you tell us what happened | 你能跟我们说说那晚发生的事吗? |
[13:50] | that particular night? | 你能跟我们说说那晚发生的事吗? |
[13:52] | STEVEN: She came by a little after 9:00, | 她是九点之后来的 |
[13:54] | hung around while I finished some work. | 她在我完成工作的时候四处闲逛 |
[13:57] | After that, we opened up a bottle of wine. | 然后,我们开了一瓶红酒 |
[14:00] | We made love. | 我们做爱了 |
[14:01] | In the office? | 在办公室? |
[14:02] | Yes. | 对 |
[14:03] | FRUTT: And after? | 然后呢? |
[14:05] | She left. She said she had a party to go to. | 她走了,她说要去参加一个聚会 |
[14:08] | I walked her to the door. | 我送她到门口 |
[14:09] | We said goodbye and that was… | 我们相互道别。。。 |
[14:11] | the last time that I saw her. | 那是我最后一次看到她 |
[14:14] | When did you realize something was wrong? | 你什么时候觉得不对劲儿了? |
[14:16] | STEVEN: Later that night when I left to go home, | 晚些时候我离开办公室回家 |
[14:18] | I saw her car was still in the parking lot. | 我看到她的车还在停车场 |
[14:20] | I knew that it didn’t make any sense, | 我知道那有些不对劲儿 |
[14:22] | but I thought perhaps she got a ride from a friend, | 但我想也许她搭朋友的车了 |
[14:26] | so it didn’t really bother me. | 所以我也没太在意 |
[14:29] | The next day, her car was still there. | 第二天,她的车还在那里 |
[14:31] | And what did you do? | 那你做了什么? |
[14:32] | STEVEN: Now, I got concerned. | 那时我开始担心了 |
[14:34] | I called her roommate, Amy Wyatt. | 我打电话给她的室友,Amy Wyatt |
[14:35] | She told me that Kathy hadn’t been home all night. | 她告诉我Kathy整晚都没回家 |
[14:38] | I hung up the phone. | 我挂了电话 |
[14:40] | I immediately called the police. | 立刻报了警 |
[14:43] | They found her later that day. | 警方当天晚些时候发现了她 |
[14:45] | FRUTT: Dr. Barrett, did you kill Kathy Vance? | Barrett医生,是你杀了Kathy Vance? |
[14:49] | No. | 不是 |
[14:51] | I cared about Kathy very much. | 我非常关心Kathy |
[14:54] | I have done everything in my power | 我做了我力所能及的一切 |
[14:56] | to help the police. | 去帮助警方 |
[14:58] | I swear, I don’t know what happened to her. | 我发誓,我不知道她发生了什么事 |
[15:02] | I wish to God that I did. | 我真希望我知道 |
[15:14] | GAMBLE: You recognize this bottle, doctor? | 医生,你认识这个瓶子吗? |
[15:16] | It looks like a prescription bottle for painkillers. | 看起来像是止痛药的处方药瓶 |
[15:19] | A prescription you wrote for Katherine Vance, correct? | 你给Katherine Vance开的处方药,对吗? |
[15:23] | Yes. Kathy was still experiencing some discomfort. | 对,Kathy还是有些不舒服 |
[15:26] | Pain medication was an appropriate treatment. | 止痛药是一种合适的治疗方法 |
[15:28] | Well, according to her autopsy results, | 那好,根据她的尸检结果 |
[15:30] | she wasn’t taking any pain medication. | 她没有服用什么止痛药 |
[15:32] | In fact, there were no medications | 实际上,在她体内没有发现任何药物 |
[15:36] | found in her system. | 实际上,在她体内没有发现任何药物 |
[15:37] | STEVEN: I don’t know why that would be. | 我不知道为什么会这样 |
[15:39] | GAMBLE: Doctor, this bottle is half empty. | 医生,这个瓶子里的药只有一半了 |
[15:41] | It was found in your desk in your office. | 这是在你办公室的桌子上发现的 |
[15:45] | She must have left them there. | 一定是她留在那里的 |
[15:46] | GAMBLE: Well, I’m sure she did because | 那么,我肯定她那么做是因为 |
[15:47] | you were the one who was taking the pills. | 你才是那个吃这种药的人 |
[15:49] | That’s absolutely false. | 绝对不是的 |
[15:56] | GAMBLE: I have here | 我这里有 |
[15:58] | seven prescriptions written by you, | 七份你开的处方 |
[16:02] | all in the name of Katherine Vance. | 都是Katherine Vance的名字 |
[16:04] | They were all filled in different locations, | 在过去七个月里 |
[16:07] | all in the last few months. | 在不同的药房取的药 |
[16:12] | Why so many prescriptions, doctor? | 为什么有这么多处方,医生? |
[16:17] | We also ran some new tests | 我们还对你的血液样本 |
[16:20] | on your blood sample. | 做了一些其他的测试 |
[16:23] | Would you care to amend your answer now, doctor? | 现在你介意改变一下你的回答吗,医生? |
[16:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:32] | Look, I have a problem. | 听我说,我是有些难言之隐 |
[16:36] | She was getting the pills for me, | 她在帮我取药 |
[16:39] | but you’re talking about my addiction. | 但你现在提到的是我的毒瘾 |
[16:44] | That doesn’t make me a murderer. | 这不能说明我是谋杀犯 |
[16:55] | Why didn’t you tell us, Steven? | 你为什么不告诉我们呢,Steven? |
[17:00] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:02] | I was trying to protect myself. | 我是尽量保护自己 |
[17:06] | I knew how it would look. | 我明白那样会给别人什么印象 |
[17:08] | Now, I’m with Ellenor. | 现在我同意Ellenor的看法了 |
[17:11] | We need to think about taking a plea. | 我们需要考虑认罪协议了 |
[17:13] | A plea of what? | 认什么罪名? |
[17:16] | Murder two. | 二级谋杀 |
[17:20] | I didn’t kill anyone. | 我谁也没杀 |
[17:22] | But it looks very much like you did. | 但看起来很像是你干的 |
[17:25] | You were last seen with her, | 最后一个看见她的是你 |
[17:27] | your semen was found in her, | 她身体里有你的精液 |
[17:29] | and she was in the woods | 而且她的尸体 |
[17:30] | behind your office. | 在你办公室后面的树林里 |
[17:32] | Someone killed her | 她离开办公室后 |
[17:35] | after she left the office. | 有人杀了她 |
[17:37] | FRUTT: Steven, we put you up there | Steven,我们让你出庭作证 |
[17:39] | so you would look like a responsible doctor, | 想让你看上去是个有责任心的医生 |
[17:42] | the kind of person incapable | 那种没有犯罪能力的人 |
[17:44] | of committing a crime. | 那种没有犯罪能力的人 |
[17:47] | You came off that stand | 而你在证人席上表现得 |
[17:49] | a drug-addicted liar. | 是一个有毒瘾的骗子 |
[17:52] | I agree with Eugene. | 我同意Eugene的意见 |
[17:54] | We at least have to think about a plea. | 我们至少得考虑一下认罪 |
[17:58] | I didn’t kill her, Ellenor. | 我没有杀她,Ellenor |
[18:02] | That’s the truth. | 是真的 |
[18:08] | I’m not gonna plead to second-degree murder. | 我不会认下二级谋杀罪的 |
[18:20] | What do you mean you had lunch with him? | 你说你和他吃了午饭是什么意思? |
[18:22] | I just– | 我只是。。。 |
[18:23] | BERLUTI: The judge who just handled your motion? | 就是那个处理你动议的法官吗? |
[18:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:26] | He asked me yesterday. | 他昨天问我的 |
[18:28] | I felt I better not refuse. | 我觉得我最好别拒绝他 |
[18:32] | You better not refuse? | 你最好别拒绝他? |
[18:34] | STRINGER: He said it was a request, | 他说那是个请求 |
[18:35] | but he said it in a way | 但他说这话的方式 |
[18:37] | like there would be repercussions. | 貌似会有些不好的后果 |
[18:40] | So you went to lunch. | 所以你就去吃午饭了 |
[18:41] | STRINGER: Yes. | 是呀 |
[18:42] | And what happened? | 然后呢? |
[18:43] | Nothing. We had lunch, uh, | 也没什么,我们吃了午饭 |
[18:45] | talked about the law. | 谈了谈法律 |
[18:47] | It seemed pretty innocent and then it was over. | 看起来实在没什么问题 |
[18:52] | And then he asked me out for a drink. | 吃完饭后他请我去喝两杯 |
[18:54] | And what did you say? | 你怎么说的? |
[18:55] | I said I couldn’t. | 我说我不能了 |
[18:56] | I had work and… | 我有工作,但我说了。。。 |
[19:01] | “maybe tomorrow.” | “或许明天吧” |
[19:02] | Would you like me to go to him? | 你想让我去找他吗? |
[19:04] | No. God. No. | 不,天啊,不用 |
[19:06] | Well, this is a treacherous thing. | 这是一件有潜在危险的事 |
[19:10] | The last thing a young attorney needs– | 年轻律师最不需要的就是。。。 |
[19:13] | I’ll call it off. | 我会取消的 |
[19:14] | You want me to go with you? | 你想让我和你一起去吗? |
[19:16] | No. | 不用 |
[19:17] | I will tell him no. | 我会去跟他说不的 |
[19:23] | I saw a vehicle stopped on the side of the road. | 我看到了一辆汽车停在路边 |
[19:25] | At first, I thought it was a police car | 最初,我以为是辆警车 |
[19:27] | because of the lights on the roof | 因为车顶上有灯 |
[19:28] | and the way it was painted. | 还有车上的涂漆样式 |
[19:30] | Did you see anyone near the vehicle? | 你看到车附近有人吗? |
[19:31] | The defendant. | 是被告 |
[19:33] | He was in what looked like a policeman’s uniform | 他穿着像是警察的制服 |
[19:35] | and was standing at the rear of the car. | 站在车尾 |
[19:36] | The trunk was open, and he had a flashlight, | 后备箱开着,他拿着手电筒 |
[19:38] | so I assumed he was trying to change a flat tire. | 于是我以为他是要换轮胎 |
[19:40] | What did you do? I pulled over myself | – 你做了什么? – 我靠边停下车 |
[19:42] | to see if I could help. | 看看是不是能帮帮他 |
[19:44] | That’s when I realized he wasn’t one of us. | 那时我才发现他不是警察 |
[19:45] | He was a security guard for a private company. | 他是一家私人公司的保安 |
[19:48] | And what happened after you saw him, officer? | 警官,你看到他之后发生了什么? |
[19:51] | Well, the minute he saw me, he slammed the trunk | 他一看到我就砰的一声关上了后备箱 |
[19:52] | like he didn’t want me to see inside. | 好像是他不想让我看到里面 |
[19:54] | So naturally, I got suspicious. | 很自然我对此产生怀疑 |
[19:56] | I asked him, “What’s going on?” | 我问他“怎么了?” |
[19:57] | He told me he was just having a cigarette. | 他跟我说他只是抽根烟 |
[19:59] | Company wouldn’t allow him to smoke in the car, | 说公司不允许在车里抽烟 |
[20:01] | only I didn’t see any cigarettes. | 只是我没有看到什么香烟 |
[20:03] | He was acting in a furtive and suspicious manner? | 他的行为有些鬼鬼祟祟吗? |
[20:05] | Objection. Sustained. | – 反对 – 反对有效 |
[20:07] | Were you afraid he might go for a weapon? | 你怕他会去拿武器吗? |
[20:09] | Objection. | 反对 |
[20:10] | Mr. Walsh… | Walsh先生。。。 |
[20:12] | HOPE: I tried to follow up with a few more questions, | 我试着再问了他几个问题 |
[20:15] | where he worked, what shift he was on, | 在哪儿工作,轮什么班 |
[20:17] | only he wouldn’t say anything. | 但他什么也不说 |
[20:18] | He just stood there and then he tried to leave. | 他只是站在那里,然后他想要离开 |
[20:21] | Did you let him go? | 你让他走了吗? |
[20:22] | No, I could tell something was wrong. | 没有,我能看出来肯定有问题 |
[20:24] | So I asked him to open up the trunk and he did. | 所以我要他打开后备箱,他照办了 |
[20:27] | And what was in the trunk? | 后备箱里有什么? |
[20:28] | HOPE: I found a woman, a body. | 我发现一个女人的尸体 |
[20:31] | It was lying on its side in a curled up position. | 侧着身子蜷缩着躺着 |
[20:34] | There were bruises all around the neck, | 脖子上到处都是瘀伤 |
[20:36] | the apparent victim of strangulation. | 很显然是被勒毙的 |
[20:38] | It was later I learned it was Carol Dalton. | 后来我知道她叫Carol Dalton |
[20:43] | You asked him to open the trunk or told him to? | 你是请他还是让他打开后备箱的? |
[20:45] | It was a request. | 那是一个请求 |
[20:46] | Where was your weapon? It was drawn. | – 当时你的枪在哪儿? – 拔出来了 |
[20:48] | So it was a request while you were pointing | 这么说你在请求的时候 |
[20:50] | a gun at him. | 正拿枪对着他 |
[20:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:52] | DOLE: You didn’t know there was a body | 你并不知道 |
[20:54] | in the trunk, did you? | 后备箱里有具尸体,对吗? |
[20:55] | Not before he opened it, no. | 对,打开之前不知道 |
[20:57] | DOLE: Didn’t see blood on the car | 在被告的衣服和车上没有看见血迹吧? |
[20:58] | or the defendant’s clothes? | 在被告的衣服和车上没有看见血迹吧? |
[21:00] | HOPE: No. | 没有 |
[21:01] | DOLE: What about sounds from inside? | 从车里有声音传出来吗? |
[21:02] | Did you hear screaming or cries for help? | 你听到尖叫声或呼救声了吗? |
[21:04] | Obviously not. She was dead. | 当然没有,她已经死了 |
[21:06] | So as I understand your testimony, | 所以按我对你证词的理解 |
[21:09] | if he had had cigarettes, | 如果他拿着烟 |
[21:11] | you wouldn’t have searched his trunk. | 你就不会去搜查他的后备箱了 |
[21:12] | That’s not what I said. I testified | 我可没这么说,我说的是 |
[21:14] | he was acting suspiciously. | 他行为可疑 |
[21:16] | Because he didn’t have cigarettes and was evasive | 因为他没拿着烟而且回避有关他在哪儿工作的问题 |
[21:18] | about where he worked. | 因为他没拿着烟而且回避有关他在哪儿工作的问题 |
[21:19] | HOPE: He wouldn’t answer any of my questions. | 我问的问题他一个也没有回答 |
[21:22] | DOLE: So you searched his trunk | 所以因为他不回答问题 |
[21:23] | because he chose not to talk. | 你就去搜查他的后备箱 |
[21:25] | Your client had a dead woman in the trunk of his car. | 你的当事人的车后备箱有具女人尸体 |
[21:28] | Bottom line, I was right. | 重点是,我做对了 |
[21:30] | DOLE: Is it your testimony when you asked him | 你是做证说,在要求他打开后备箱的时候 |
[21:32] | to open the trunk, | 你是做证说,在要求他打开后备箱的时候 |
[21:33] | you suspected he had a dead woman inside? | 你就怀疑他后备箱里有个死去的女人? |
[21:35] | I knew he had something. | 我知道他有些问题 |
[21:37] | DOLE: You knew he had something, | 你知道他有些问题 |
[21:39] | just not cigarettes. | 只是没有抽烟 |
[21:45] | Now what? | 现在怎么办? |
[21:46] | We’ll make summations to the judge. | 我们会向法庭做辩论总结 |
[21:48] | If we win, like I said, | 就像我说的,如果我们赢了 |
[21:50] | we’re in a position– | 我们会处于。。。 |
[21:51] | What if we lose? | 如果输了呢? |
[21:54] | Then we’ll either plead or go to trial. | 那我们不是认罪就是进入庭审 |
[21:58] | So maybe I have better negotiation power now. | 那也许现在我更有谈判筹码 |
[22:02] | Maybe we can make a deal now. | 也许我们现在能达成认罪交易 |
[22:05] | DOLE: Stanley, Stanley | |
[22:06] | they’re not willing to deal now, | 他们现在不会愿意做交易的 |
[22:09] | and even if they were, | 即使他们愿意 |
[22:10] | you have good fourth-amendment issues here. | 现在存在对你有利的第四修正案争议问题 |
[22:13] | My advice would be to play this hearing out. | 我的建议是把听证会开完 |
[22:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:21] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[22:24] | Commonwealth has one rebuttal witness, Your Honor. | 检方有一个反驳证人,法官大人 |
[22:26] | We call Margot Barrett. YOUNG: Objection. | – 我们要传Margot Barrett出庭 – 反对 |
[22:29] | Margot Barrett enjoys spousal privilege.The Commonwealth knows– | Margot Barrett享有配偶特权,而检方明知。。。 |
[22:31] | And Mrs. Barrett has the right to exercise it, | 有权行使配偶特权的是Barrett夫人 |
[22:34] | not Mr. Young’s or his client’s. | 而不是Young先生或者他的当事人 |
[22:37] | Margot Barrett is willing to testify. | Margot Barrett愿意出庭作证 |
[22:39] | She can’t testify about private conversations. | 她不能就私人谈话来作证 |
[22:41] | That’s not why we’re calling her. | 我们不是为这个传她出庭的 |
[22:43] | Approach. | 上前来吧 |
[22:50] | This is definitely unfair surprise. | 这绝对是突然袭击呀 |
[22:51] | She’s on the witness list. | 她在证人名单上 |
[22:53] | YOUNG: Ours not yours. | 是我们而不是你们的证人 |
[22:54] | GAMBLE: Point is you’re prepared for her. | 关键是你已经帮她做好了准备 |
[22:55] | No, we are not. | 不,我们没有 |
[22:56] | Have you interviewed this woman? | 你和这个女人约谈过吗? |
[22:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:59] | Then what’s the problem? | 那有什么问题呢? |
[23:00] | The problem is it’s unfair surprise– | 问题在于这是突然袭击。。。。 |
[23:02] | GAMBLE: I’m only calling her to impeach. | 我传她出庭只是为了质疑被告的证词 |
[23:05] | WHITE: All right, look, | 好吧,听我的 |
[23:06] | we’ll suspend for the day | 我们今天暂停 |
[23:07] | so defense can get ready. | 以便辩方可以做些准备 |
[23:09] | Tomorrow, we’ll start with Mrs. Barrett. | 明天,从Barrett夫人作证开始 |
[23:13] | Now step back. | 现在退下吧 |
[23:15] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[23:19] | What the hell is she going to say? | 她到底会说些什么? |
[23:20] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[23:32] | DOLE: Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[23:34] | we can all guess | 我们都能猜到 |
[23:35] | that my client likely murdered | 我的当事人可能谋杀了 |
[23:37] | a beautiful young woman | 一个漂亮的年轻女子 |
[23:40] | and he went to that park | 他去那个公园 |
[23:41] | to dispose of her body, | 是为了处理她的尸体 |
[23:42] | but like it or not, | 不管您喜不喜欢 |
[23:44] | that has nothing to do | 那些和本次听证会无关 |
[23:46] | with this hearing. | 那些和本次听证会无关 |
[23:48] | Officer Hope saw my client | Hope警官看到我的当事人 |
[23:49] | standing by his car. | 站在车旁 |
[23:51] | He didn’t see any blood, | 他没有看到血迹 |
[23:53] | didn’t hear any screams, | 没有听到喊叫声 |
[23:54] | nothing to justify searching the vehicle. | 没有任何证据表明搜查车辆是正当的 |
[23:58] | Slamming a trunk isn’t probable cause. | 猛然关上后备箱不是合理根据 |
[24:01] | Refusing to talk isn’t probable cause. | 拒绝回答不是合理根据 |
[24:03] | Acting nervous | 举止紧张 |
[24:05] | isn’t probable cause. | 也不是合理根据 |
[24:08] | I know it offends our sense of justice | 我知道释放一个 |
[24:11] | to free a man | 也许犯下谋杀罪的人 |
[24:12] | who has perhaps committed murder, | 是违背了我们的正义感的 |
[24:14] | but the courts have said | 但是法庭也说过 |
[24:16] | it offends us more | 让警方逃脱无理搜查的责任 |
[24:17] | to let the police get away | 让警方逃脱无理搜查的责任 |
[24:18] | with unreasonable searches. | 更使我们愤怒 |
[24:22] | This is criminal procedure 101. | 这是刑事诉讼法第101节的内容 |
[24:26] | WALSH: This search was nothing, | 这次搜查完全是合理的 |
[24:27] | but reasonable. | 这次搜查完全是合理的 |
[24:29] | It was late at night | 那是在深夜 |
[24:31] | in a deserted park. | 在一个荒芜的公园里 |
[24:32] | There was no reason | 被告没有理由在那里 |
[24:33] | for the defendant to be there | 被告没有理由在那里 |
[24:35] | and the reason he gave was clearly a lie. | 而且他给出的理由显然是个谎言 |
[24:38] | Imagine being there that night. | 想象一下你身处当晚 |
[24:40] | Imagine seeing him | 想象一下你看到他 |
[24:41] | race to that trunk, | 跑向后备箱 |
[24:42] | slam it down, | 将其猛然关上 |
[24:44] | then refuse to answer the most basic questions. | 然后拒绝回答那些最基本的问题 |
[24:47] | The nervous voice, | 紧张的语调 |
[24:48] | the lack of eye contact, | 目光躲闪 |
[24:49] | the fact that he tried to flee the scene, | 他试图逃离现场 |
[24:52] | the defendant was acting | 被告表现得 |
[24:54] | like a criminal, | 就像一个罪犯 |
[24:55] | someone in the process | 某个正在实施犯罪的人 |
[24:56] | of committing a crime. | 某个正在实施犯罪的人 |
[24:58] | Officer Hope had probable cause | Hope警官有合理根据 |
[25:00] | to believe a crime was occurring, | 认为罪行正在发生 |
[25:02] | and the evidence was inside that trunk. | 而证据就在后备箱里 |
[25:06] | He was right | 他是正确的 |
[25:09] | and that may not decide the question, | 这一点也许不能解决问题 |
[25:12] | but it certainly tells you | 但这确实告诉你 |
[25:13] | he was reading the signs. | 他是在解读犯罪迹象 |
[25:16] | Ms. Dole wants to talk | Dole女士想谈论 |
[25:18] | about offending justice. | 对正义的冒犯 |
[25:21] | She’s asking you | 她是在要求你 |
[25:22] | to set a murderer free. | 放掉一个谋杀犯 |
[25:28] | Your husband testified | 你丈夫作证说 |
[25:30] | that when he went home the night | Katherine Vance被杀当晚 |
[25:31] | of Katherine Vance’s death, | 他回家的时候 |
[25:33] | he wasn’t bothered. | 并没有烦躁不安 |
[25:35] | Mrs. Barrett, | Barrett夫人 |
[25:37] | did he seem unbothered to you? | 你觉得他并不烦躁吗? |
[25:39] | No. | 不 |
[25:41] | He came home that night | 他那晚回家 |
[25:43] | and he seemed agitated. | 看起来很不安 |
[25:45] | Agitated. | 不安 |
[25:46] | MARGOT: Yes. | 对 |
[25:47] | And he had just taken a shower | 他回家前刚洗过澡 |
[25:48] | before coming home, | 他回家前刚洗过澡 |
[25:49] | which I felt was very odd. | 那让我觉得很奇怪 |
[25:52] | GAMBLE: Did you ask him what was wrong? | 你问他出什么事了吗? |
[25:54] | MARGOT: Yes. | 问了 |
[25:54] | He said nothing. | 他什么也没说 |
[25:57] | But– But what? | – 但是。。。 – 但是什么? |
[25:59] | From my perspective, | 在我看来 |
[26:01] | it seemed something traumatic had happened. | 似乎是发生了些极不愉快的事 |
[26:03] | GAMBLE: Mrs. Barrett, | Barrett夫人 |
[26:05] | do you think your husband killed– | 你认为你的丈夫杀了。。。 |
[26:07] | Objection. FRUTT: Objection. | – 反对 – 反对 |
[26:08] | WHITE: Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[26:10] | I have nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[26:14] | YOUNG: Did you call the police | 既然有这些怀疑 |
[26:16] | with any of your suspicions? | 那你报警了吗? |
[26:17] | No, | 没有 |
[26:18] | he’s my husband and I was hoping to be– | 他是我的丈夫而且我希望。。。 |
[26:20] | YOUNG: Oh, he’s your husband now. | 噢,你现在把他当成丈夫了 |
[26:22] | You said he took a shower. | 你说过他洗过澡 |
[26:24] | Is it your testimony that he never showered | 你做证是说他从未 |
[26:26] | at work before coming home? | 在下班回家前洗过澡吗? |
[26:28] | No, he sometimes– YOUNG: Is it your testimony | – 不,他有时候。。。 – 你是作证说 |
[26:30] | that he never came home from work upset? | 他从未下班回家时心烦意乱吗? |
[26:32] | No, but here, it was very– YOUNG: Is it your testimony | – 不是,但这次,非常。。。 – 你是作证说 |
[26:34] | Ask that the witness | 请让证人有机会回答问题 |
[26:35] | be allowed to respond. | 请让证人有机会回答问题 |
[26:37] | She answered my question. | 她回答我的问题了 |
[26:39] | Can you describe for this court | Barrett夫人,你能向法庭 |
[26:40] | your marriage, Mrs. Barrett? | 描述一下你的婚姻状况吗? |
[26:44] | It’s rocky. | 难以为继 |
[26:45] | YOUNG: Rocky? | 难以为继? |
[26:46] | You’ve talked about divorce, haven’t you? | 你们讨论过离婚,不是吗? |
[26:48] | MARGOT: Yes. YOUNG: Well, with a divorce, | – 是的 – 那好,如果离婚 |
[26:49] | you could get half. | 你能分得一半财产 |
[26:50] | If he should go to prison, | 如果他进监狱 |
[26:52] | you basically could spend it all. | 基本上就全归你了 |
[26:53] | Objection. Is that what this is? | – 反对 – 就是因为这个吧? |
[26:55] | You turn on your husband– Objection! | – 你背弃了你的丈夫。。。 – 反对! |
[26:56] | YOUNG: This is cross-examination. | 这是交叉盘问 |
[26:59] | I’ll allow it. | 你可以问 |
[27:00] | YOUNG: My colleague Ellenor Frutt | 我的同事Ellenor Frutt |
[27:02] | talked to you many times. | 跟你谈过好多次 |
[27:04] | Why didn’t you ever mention | 你为什么从没提到 |
[27:05] | that your husband seemed | 你的丈夫在当晚 |
[27:06] | agitated that night? | 看起来很不安? |
[27:07] | Because as I– YOUNG: You hadn’t thought of it yet? | – 因为当我。。。 – 你还没想到是吗? |
[27:08] | Objection! | 反对! |
[27:09] | WHITE: Mr. Young– Where were you that night? | – Young先生 – 你当晚在哪儿? |
[27:10] | Here we go. YOUNG: Sorry, | – 又来这套了 – 对不起 |
[27:12] | but when we interviewed you, | 但是当我们约谈你的时候 |
[27:14] | you told us you had no information, | 你没向我们提供什么信息 |
[27:16] | and here you sit today | 而今天你出来作证 |
[27:18] | with information. | 说出这些信息来 |
[27:21] | I guess that can happen | 当定罪会给你 |
[27:22] | when a conviction can give you access | 带来超过200万美金的财产时 |
[27:24] | to over $2,000,000. | 我想这就可以解释了 |
[27:26] | GAMBLE: Objection! | – 反对! |
[27:26] | YOUNG: Withdrawn. | 我撤回这句 |
[27:27] | Nothing further. | 没有要问的了 |
[27:37] | I’m afraid I’m a little confused, Jamie. | 恐怕我有点糊涂了,Jamie |
[27:39] | Well, I just think | 呃,我就是觉得 |
[27:41] | since you were the judge on my case | 因为你是负责我的案子的法官 |
[27:43] | and I did begin the case | 而且我在那个案子开头 |
[27:45] | with some serious flirting, | 有一些不好的调情行为 |
[27:47] | to avoid even the appearance | 为了避免出现不当行为 |
[27:50] | of impropriety, | 为了避免出现不当行为 |
[27:51] | we probably shouldn’t be seen | 我们可能不应被人看见 |
[27:53] | having a drink together. | 在一起喝酒 |
[27:54] | Are you saying | 你是说 |
[27:56] | you’d rather get it privately? | 你更愿意私下交往? |
[27:57] | No, no, no, no, no, no. | 不,不,不 |
[27:58] | I’m saying we probably shouldn’t get it at all. | 我是说我们完全不应再这样了 |
[28:01] | We shouldn’t be social. | 我们不应该有什么交往了 |
[28:04] | Were you flirting with me | 你跟我调情 |
[28:05] | because you were interested | 是因为你对我感兴趣 |
[28:07] | or you simply tried | 还是你只是想 |
[28:08] | to influence my decision? | 影响我的决定? |
[28:10] | BRENFORD: Because it was the latter, | 因为是后者的话 |
[28:11] | even though you didn’t influence me, | 即使你没有对我造成影响 |
[28:14] | I should nevertheless probably vacate my decision | 不过我也应该放弃我做出的裁决 |
[28:17] | and remand the matter to another judge to, | 把这件事交给另一位法官处理 |
[28:19] | like you say, avoid even the appearance | 如你所说,避免出现不当行为 |
[28:21] | of impropriety. | 如你所说,避免出现不当行为 |
[28:23] | Should I do that? | 我应该那样做吗? |
[28:25] | Now, it feels like you’re threatening me | 我觉得你现在是在威胁我 |
[28:27] | to undo your ruling, | 要撤回你的裁决 |
[28:29] | in which case, my client– | 在那个案子里,我的当事人。。。 |
[28:30] | BRENFORD: I’m merely following up | 我只是顺着 |
[28:32] | on your implied allegation. | 你暗示的意思来说的 |
[28:34] | If you think there’s any impropriety, | 如果你觉得存在不当行为 |
[28:38] | it would be my duty to vacate | 那我有责任让位 |
[28:40] | and hand the matter to another judge. | 交给其他法官来处理 |
[28:43] | I don’t feel there’s any impropriety. | 我不觉得有什么不当行为 |
[28:46] | You sure? | 你肯定吗? |
[28:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:50] | I’m very sure. | 我非常肯定 |
[28:52] | Because if a lawyer | 因为如果一个律师 |
[28:54] | before me even questions | 甚至跑来找我 |
[28:56] | whether I’d stepped over the line… | 质疑我是否越界了 |
[28:59] | I’m not questioning. | 我没有质疑你 |
[29:03] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[29:04] | Then I can’t see any problem | 那我看不出我们一起喝酒 |
[29:05] | with us having a drink together. | 会有什么问题 |
[29:07] | I would tell you if I thought so. | 如果我想喝酒的话我会告诉你的 |
[29:15] | STANLEY: Lindsay! What happened? – Lindsay! | – 怎么回事? |
[29:16] | He just wigged out, but we called the paramedics. | 他发疯了,但我们叫来了医护人员 |
[29:18] | Lindsay! Lindsay! | |
[29:19] | Lindsay! | |
[29:21] | DOLE: Stanley, I’m right here! | Stanley,我在这儿! |
[29:22] | I’m right here! | 我在这儿 |
[29:23] | I wanna plead! | 我想认罪! |
[29:24] | I can’t take the chance! | 我不能冒险! |
[29:25] | I want to plead! | 我想认罪! |
[29:27] | DOLE: Stanley, you need to calm down. | Stanley,你要冷静下来 |
[29:30] | I want to plead. | 我想认罪 |
[29:33] | If they let go of you, | 如果他们放开你 |
[29:35] | can you stay calm? | 你能保持冷静吗? |
[29:36] | Yes. | 可以 |
[29:39] | Go ahead. | 可以了 |
[29:43] | You okay? | 你好了吗? |
[29:44] | I need to talk to you alone. | 我要和你单独谈谈 |
[29:48] | Handcuff him | 把他拷上 |
[29:49] | and cuff his leg to the table. | 拷到桌子腿上 |
[29:51] | No. Then I don’t stay | – 不要 – 那我就不和你单独 |
[29:52] | in this room alone with you. | 呆在这间房子里 |
[29:53] | Simple as that. | 就这么简单 |
[29:56] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[29:58] | OFFICER: Stand up. | 起来 |
[30:12] | We’ll watch through the glass. | 我们会透过玻璃看着的 |
[30:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[30:21] | The reason that I was so desperate | 我非要找你 |
[30:23] | to have you as my attorney, | 做我的律师的理由是 |
[30:25] | you’re in a unique position | 你可以在一个独特的地位 |
[30:27] | to bargain for me. | 为我讨价还价 |
[30:29] | Why? STANLEY: Your old firm, | – 为什么? – 你以前的事务所 |
[30:31] | it’s on another case that… | 正在办的另一个案子。。。 |
[30:35] | I can help the police with. | 那个案子我能帮助警方 |
[30:38] | The police solved that one, Stanley. | 警方已经破案了,Stanley |
[30:40] | I don’t– STANLEY: No, they didn’t. | – 我不。。。 – 不是的,他们没有 |
[30:42] | I killed that woman. | 是我杀的那个女人 |
[30:48] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一遍? |
[30:50] | Kathy Vance. | |
[30:54] | I stabbed her, | 是我捅死了她 |
[30:56] | threw her in the woods. | 把她扔到树丛中的 |
[30:58] | I am willing to confess | 我愿意坦白 |
[31:02] | to that crime and this one here | 这两起罪行 |
[31:04] | if they agree | 如果他们同意 |
[31:07] | to put me in a hospital | 把我送进医院 |
[31:09] | instead of prison. | 而不是监狱 |
[31:14] | You killed Kathy Vance? | 你杀了Kathy Vance? |
[31:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:20] | And that’s why you wanted me, | 这也就是为什么你找我 |
[31:21] | because of my old firm? | 因为我以前的事务所? |
[31:23] | STANLEY: And I know you’re friends | 我还知道你 |
[31:24] | with the D. A., Helen Gamble. | 和检察官Helen Gamble是朋友 |
[31:26] | You can make it happen. | 你能促成这件事 |
[31:30] | The judge is back. | 法官回来了 |
[31:33] | Oh, my God. | 噢,天啊 |
[31:34] | Look, | 听着 |
[31:36] | what you have to give them, | 你要向他们坦白什么 |
[31:39] | you’ll still have it after this ruling. | 听证会之后你还是可以做的 |
[31:42] | You might as well take your chances with Hiller. | 你不妨在Hiller法官这儿碰碰运气 |
[31:45] | The search was bad. | 这次搜查很恶劣 |
[31:51] | Let’s just see what she says. | 就让我们看看法官怎么定吧 |
[31:57] | Be seated. | 请坐下 |
[32:05] | I have spent the past three hours | 我花了三个小时 |
[32:08] | trying to conceive of a way | 想找出一个方法 |
[32:09] | that I can uphold the search | 可以让我支持 |
[32:11] | of the defendant’s trunk | 对被告后备箱的搜查 |
[32:13] | and the ensuing confession. | 以及随后的供述 |
[32:16] | I failed. | 但我没有找到 |
[32:19] | This wasn’t made incident to an arrest. | 这不是因逮捕产生附带的搜查行为 |
[32:21] | It had nothing to do with trying | 也与试图阻止 |
[32:23] | to stop the suspect | 嫌犯获取武器无关 |
[32:25] | from obtaining a weapon. | 嫌犯获取武器无关 |
[32:26] | We’ve got nothing plain sight. | 我们没有一目了然的理由 |
[32:29] | This was warrantless | 这是未经授权的 |
[32:31] | and, simply put, unconstitutional. | 而且简而言之,是违宪的 |
[32:34] | It sickens me | 但禁止这些证据 |
[32:36] | to squash it | 也使我感到厌恶 |
[32:38] | because the result– | 因为这导致。。。 |
[32:43] | this officer needs to be sent immediately back | 这个警官需要 |
[32:46] | to the academy. | 立刻送回去补课 |
[32:48] | The search and confession | 搜查和供述的证据 |
[32:50] | are hereby suppressed. | 特此被排除 |
[32:52] | The charges are dismissed, | 驳回指控 |
[32:53] | and the defendant, | 至于被告 |
[32:55] | I’m horrified to say, | 我要满怀厌恶地说 |
[32:57] | is free to go. | 当庭开释 |
[33:01] | We are adjourned. | 休庭 |
[33:11] | What happened? | 怎么回事? |
[33:12] | You’re free. | 你自由了 |
[33:13] | She threw out the search and the confession. | 她驳回了搜查和供述的证据 |
[33:16] | I can just walk out? DOLE: Yes, | – 我这就能走了吗? – 是的 |
[33:18] | but you still wanna help the police | 但你还想在 |
[33:20] | on that other matter | 另一个案子上 |
[33:21] | and get some help. | 帮助警方吧 |
[33:22] | There’s no need to now, right? | 现在没必要这样了,对吗? |
[33:27] | I’m free. | 我已经自由了 |
[33:32] | Right. | 是啊 |
[33:35] | Thank you, Lindsay. | 谢谢你,Lindsay |
[33:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:02] | What do you mean you couldn’t get out of it? | 你说你摆脱不了是什么意思? |
[34:03] | He kind of tricked me. | 他有点给我下套了 |
[34:04] | Tricked you how? | 怎么给你下套的? |
[34:05] | He sort of implied | 他暗示 |
[34:07] | that he would undo his ruling, | 他会撤销他的裁决 |
[34:08] | though he was careful the way he said it | 尽管他说话很小心 |
[34:10] | and he basically had me insisting | 但总的来说他逼得我认可 |
[34:13] | there was no impropriety, | 不存在不正当行为 |
[34:14] | and, look, the guy’s a judge, | 而且,这家伙是个法官 |
[34:15] | he’s smarter than me. | 他比我机灵 |
[34:16] | Jamie– STRINGER: Don’t worry. – Jamie。。。 | – 别担心了 |
[34:18] | I know how to dump guys | 我知道怎么一边奉承一边甩掉男人 |
[34:19] | and flatter them at the same time. | 我知道怎么一边奉承一边甩掉男人 |
[34:20] | I’ll have one drink and I’ll wiggle out of the situation. | 我会喝一杯就晃晃悠悠地溜掉 |
[34:23] | This isn’t a frat boy. | 这不是一个兄弟会的男孩 |
[34:25] | He’s a judge. | 他是个法官 |
[34:26] | I can handle him.I can. | 我能应付他,我能行 |
[34:27] | BERLUTI: Is he threatening you in any way? | 他以任何形式威胁你了吗? |
[34:30] | No. | 没有 |
[34:30] | BERLUTI: Jamie, you’re walking down a path here. | Jamie,你在选择你要走的路 |
[34:33] | This is your career | 这关乎你的事业 |
[34:36] | and it’s you. | 还有你自己 |
[34:39] | I can handle it. | 我能应付 |
[34:44] | He was the last person | 他是最后一个 |
[34:45] | to see her alive. | 看到她还活着的人 |
[34:48] | Her body was found | 她的尸体 |
[34:49] | behind his office building | 是在他办公室后面发现的 |
[34:53] | with his semen inside of her. | 体内有他的精液 |
[34:55] | They were recently seen fighting. | 有人看见他们最近发生过争执 |
[34:58] | She had slapped him. | 她扇了他一巴掌 |
[35:01] | The defendant’s own wife knew something | 被告自己的妻子也发觉 |
[35:04] | was wrong that night. | 当晚有些异常 |
[35:05] | He came home agitated | 他回家时很不安 |
[35:08] | and then we learn | 我们还知道 |
[35:10] | he’s a drug addict. | 他有毒瘾 |
[35:12] | Maybe Katherine Vance was going to expose him, | 或许Katherine Vance要去揭发他 |
[35:16] | ruin his marriage, | 毁掉他的婚姻 |
[35:18] | ruin his career, | 毁掉他的事业 |
[35:21] | we don’t know. | 我们不知道 |
[35:22] | We can’t. | 我们无从知晓 |
[35:25] | Katherine Vance is dead. | Katherine Vance死了 |
[35:28] | We do know | 我们知道的是 |
[35:30] | the defendant took the stand | 被告在证人席上 |
[35:33] | and lied, | 撒谎 |
[35:35] | all the defense has offered | 辩方能提供的 |
[35:37] | is the defendant’s word. | 只有被告的证词 |
[35:40] | And he takes the stand | 而他在证人席上 |
[35:43] | and lies. | 撒了谎 |
[35:44] | Dr. Barrett was afraid to admit his addiction | Barrett医生不敢承认他有毒瘾 |
[35:48] | because he knew | 那是因为他知道 |
[35:49] | it would hurt his career, | 那会损害他的事业 |
[35:51] | but there’s no evidence it caused him | 但是没有证据表明那促使他 |
[35:53] | to kill Kathy Vance. | 杀了Kathy Vance |
[35:55] | There’s no evidence she even made any threats | 也没有证据表明她曾威胁过 |
[35:57] | to go public. | 要将此事公之于众 |
[35:59] | My client did everything he could | 我的当事人尽了他一切所能 |
[36:02] | to help the police. | 去协助警方 |
[36:03] | He called them to say the victim was missing. | 是他报警说受害人失踪了 |
[36:06] | He gave them permission to search everything. | 他允许他们对所有东西进行搜查 |
[36:08] | He even provided a blood sample. | 他甚至提供了血液样本 |
[36:12] | Someone else could have killed Kathy Vance, | 可能是别的人杀了Kathy Vance |
[36:15] | someone outside who saw her leave. | 外面某个看见她离开的人干的 |
[36:18] | All their evidence, | 控方所有的证据是 |
[36:19] | her being there that night, | 她当晚去了他办公室 |
[36:20] | the semen, | 还有精液 |
[36:22] | it proves the affair. | 这只能证明有私情 |
[36:23] | It doesn’t prove murder. | 并不能证明谋杀 |
[36:26] | And as for the wife | 至于那个妻子 |
[36:28] | suddenly coming forward saying things | 突然间跑出来说 |
[36:31] | didn’t seem right, | 事情有些不对劲儿 |
[36:33] | she had a motive to lie. | 她有撒谎的动机 |
[36:35] | She had 2,000,000 reasons. | 她的动因是200万美金 |
[36:38] | She never told the police | 她从来没有对警方 |
[36:40] | or defense counsel | 或者辩方律师说过 |
[36:41] | that Dr. Barrett seemed agitated. | Barrett医生看上去很不安 |
[36:43] | She manufactured that later | 当她突然想到 |
[36:45] | when she tumbled to the idea | 可以通过把他送进监狱而大获其利时 |
[36:47] | that she could profit | 到可以通过把他送进监狱而大获其利时 |
[36:48] | by putting him in prison. | 她编了那个故事 |
[36:50] | She got even. | 她是报复 |
[36:52] | For all we know, | 我们都知道 |
[36:54] | maybe she was hiding in the bushes that night | 说不定她当晚藏在灌木丛里 |
[36:56] | waiting for Katherine Vance to come out. | 等着Katherine Vance出来 |
[37:02] | We don’t know. | 谁知道呢 |
[37:07] | HILLER: It’s not often the winner | 赢家跑来投诉真是少见 |
[37:09] | comes in to complain. | 赢家跑来投诉真是少见 |
[37:10] | I’m not complaining | 我不是在投诉 |
[37:12] | and this is about a completely unrelated matter. | 这是关乎另一个完全不相关的案子 |
[37:16] | It’s just… | 只是。。。 |
[37:18] | I respect you more than anyone | 在诠释法律方面 |
[37:20] | on interpreting the law | 我比任何人都尊敬您 |
[37:21] | and, uh, I have a client | 但是,呃,我有个当事人 |
[37:25] | who committed a crime somebody else stands | 别人会因他犯下了的一起罪行 |
[37:27] | to be convicted for. | 而被定罪 |
[37:29] | And? | 那么? |
[37:30] | And do I have any recourse | 那么,我有什么办法来解决 |
[37:33] | to cure the injustice? | 这个不公正的问题吗? |
[37:35] | I’m sure the answer’s no, | 我的答案肯定是没有 |
[37:37] | but… | 但是。。。 |
[37:38] | Then why ask the question? | 为什么要问这个问题? |
[37:41] | Is the answer yes? | 答案是有吗? |
[37:42] | In 49 other states, | 在其他49个州 |
[37:44] | your hands are tied. | 你无能为力 |
[37:45] | In Massachusetts, | 但在马萨诸塞州 |
[37:46] | there is a provision | 有一个条文 |
[37:48] | in rule 1.6. | 在法规第一章第六节 |
[37:50] | It allows an attorney | 允许一名律师 |
[37:53] | to break the privilege | 因阻止无辜者入狱 |
[37:54] | to keep an innocent man | 因阻止无辜者入狱 |
[37:56] | from going to prison. | 而违反保密特权 |
[37:57] | Do you have a case? | 有案例吗? |
[37:58] | HILLER: No, because there aren’t any. | 没有,一个也没有 |
[38:00] | There’s never been a decision | 没有就此有过裁决 |
[38:02] | because no attorney has ever invoked the provision. | 因为从来没有律师援引过这一条款 |
[38:05] | Why not? | 为什么没有呢? |
[38:06] | HILLER: You know the answer to that. | 你知道答案 |
[38:08] | Privilege is the bedrock principle | 保密特权是刑事司法的 |
[38:10] | of criminal justice. | 基本原则 |
[38:11] | There may be an exception on paper, | 纸面上可能有例外 |
[38:13] | but no defense attorney’s ever been willing to use it, | 但没有辩护律师愿意运营这些例外, |
[38:17] | rightfully so. | 这是理所当然的 |
[38:19] | But I can. | 但我可以 |
[38:20] | I have the discretion. | 我可以自行决定 |
[38:22] | HILLER: That’s right. | 没错 |
[38:23] | But Lindsay, you’d be signing | 但Lindsay,你可能是在签署 |
[38:25] | your own career death warrant. | 你自己的职业终结令 |
[38:28] | You’ll be news, a pariah | 你会上新闻,成为一个 |
[38:29] | with every other attorney, | 被其他律师所唾弃的人 |
[38:31] | not just criminal. | 不仅仅是在刑事诉讼领域 |
[38:34] | What type of crime | 你说的是什么样的罪行呢? |
[38:35] | do you have knowledge of? | 你说的是什么样的罪行呢? |
[38:36] | It’s a murder. | 是谋杀 |
[38:38] | HILLER: Ah. | 哦 |
[38:40] | Why am I not surprised? | 为什么我对此不感惊讶呢? |
[38:43] | The reason this provision | 这个条文从没有被援引的原因诗 |
[38:45] | has never been invoked, | 这个条文从没有被援引的原因是 |
[38:46] | most lawyers, | 绝大多数律师 |
[38:47] | most judges, including me, | 和包括我在内的绝大多数法官 |
[38:49] | think it’s wrong. | 认为那是错误的 |
[38:51] | A client’s trust is a client’s trust. | 当事人的信任就是信任 |
[38:54] | A lawyer doesn’t break it. | 一个律师不能对其背弃 |
[38:55] | It isn’t always that easy. | 那一直是不容易做到的 |
[38:58] | HILLER: You think it was easy | 你觉得对于我来说 |
[39:00] | for me to kick Stanley Deeks? | 放掉Stanley Deeks就很轻松吗? |
[39:03] | You came to me for advice. | 你来找我征求意见 |
[39:05] | Technically, | 从技术上讲 |
[39:06] | you can reveal what you know. | 你可以披露你所知道的事 |
[39:09] | Ethically, | 但从法律伦理上 |
[39:10] | I say you don’t. | 我要说你不能 |
[39:16] | I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你怎么样 |
[39:17] | but I’m pretty hungry. | 但我真是饿了 |
[39:18] | It’s only 5:00. | 才五点呀 |
[39:19] | I know, but let’s head over | 我知道,但我们还是去 |
[39:21] | to Jasper’s and get a bite. | Jasper餐厅吃一点吧 |
[39:22] | It’s not too far. | 不算太远 |
[39:24] | Okay. Nice thing about being a judge | – 那好吧 – 做个法官的好处 |
[39:26] | is the ability to say, | 就是能说 |
[39:27] | “Day’s over, folks.” | “伙计们,下班吧” |
[39:29] | Sometimes think about going back | 有时候我考虑回头去开私人事务所 |
[39:30] | into private practice | 有时候我考虑回头去开私人事务所 |
[39:31] | and then I think I’d miss the control too much. | 但我又想那样会失去太多的支配权 |
[39:35] | Door’s open. | 车门开了 |
[39:37] | Of course, what I’d really like | 当然了,我真正喜欢的 |
[39:39] | is to captain a boat. | 是当船长 |
[39:40] | That’s the control I’m looking for. | 那就是我寻求的支配权 |
[39:42] | Be out in the open sea, | 到外海去 |
[39:44] | sail to Nantucket. | 驶向Nantucket岛 |
[39:46] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[39:49] | Jamie? | |
[39:54] | I can’t get a drink with you. | 我不能和你去喝酒 |
[39:56] | I’m sorry, but having appeared | 对不起,在那个案子里 |
[39:58] | before you on a case, | 我所显露出来的 |
[40:00] | I think it’s wrong. | 我认为是我错了 |
[40:03] | If you feel the need to vacate your decision, | 如果你觉得有必要放弃你的裁决 |
[40:05] | that’s your call. | 那是你的事 |
[40:07] | My call, | 我的决定是 |
[40:09] | I’m not getting this drink. | 我不会和你去喝酒 |
[40:13] | Good night, Your Honor. | 晚安,法官大人 |
[40:37] | WHITE: Will the defendant please rise? | 请被告起立 |
[40:40] | Mr. Foreman, has the jury reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团主席先生,你们达成一致裁决了吗? |
[40:44] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的,法官大人 |
[40:45] | WHITE: What say you? | 请宣布 |
[40:47] | FOREMAN: Commonwealth versus Steven Barrett. | 马萨诸塞州诉Steven Barrett |
[40:50] | On the charge of murder | 一级谋杀罪名 |
[40:52] | in the first degree, | 一级谋杀罪名 |
[40:53] | we find the defendant, | 我们裁定被告 |
[40:54] | Steven Barrett, | |
[40:57] | guilty. | 罪名成立 |
[41:03] | The defense moves | 辩方请求法庭 |
[41:04] | to set aside the verdict. | 撤销判决 |
[41:05] | Denied. | 请求驳回 |
[41:06] | Security, take charge of the defendant. | 法警,将被告收押 |
[41:09] | Members of the jury, | 陪审团成员们 |
[41:10] | you’re dismissed with the thanks of this court. | 你们可以解散了,法庭感谢你们 |
[41:13] | This matter is now adjourned. | 本案休庭 |
[41:17] | We’re gonna review the record | 我们会研究庭审记录 |
[41:18] | and find grounds to appeal. | 找出上诉的理由 |
[41:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:32] | You can go. I’ll handle this. | 你可以走了。我来处理 |
[41:34] | Are you sure? YOUNG: Yeah, go ahead. | - 是吗? - 走吧 |
[41:42] | Lindsay. | |
[41:43] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[41:44] | I came to bring you luck. | 我来是想给你带来好运的 |
[41:47] | I’m sorry. Yeah. | - 很遗憾 - 是呀 |
[41:50] | MAN: Excuse me, Ms. Frutt. FRUTT: Uh, Eugene Young | - 打扰一下,Frutt女士 - 去找Eugene Young吧 |
[41:52] | will be fielding all your questions. | 他会回答你所有的问题 |
[41:53] | I’ve got no comment. | 我没有什么要说的 |
[41:54] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[42:09] | It’s not like I thought we would win, | 我不认为我们可能会赢 |
[42:11] | but… | 但是 |
[42:13] | But what? | 但是什么? |
[42:15] | I don’t know. | 我说不清 |
[42:17] | Something just tells me | 我有种感觉 |
[42:20] | this one was innocent. | 这人是无辜的 |
[42:30] | Any grounds for appeal? | 有上诉的理由吗? |
[42:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |