时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on The Practice | 前情回顾 |
[00:02] | I would like to explore murder two. | 我想就二级谋杀展开辩护 |
[00:03] | That is a life sentence! | 那可是无期! |
[00:05] | I don’t know what to tell you. We’re going to lose here.We are dead. | 我不知道该怎么跟你说 我们赢不了 我们死定了 |
[00:09] | Daddy, let me tell! | 爸爸 让我来说! |
[00:10] | Emma! | |
[00:11] | We need to know the truth. | 我们需要了解真相 |
[00:13] | Did you poison your mother? | 是不是你给你母亲下了毒? |
[00:15] | She was ruining everything. | 她把一切都毁了 |
[00:17] | The charges against Bradley Stanfield are dismissed. | 针对Bradley Stanfield的起诉被驳回 |
[00:20] | I killed Molly. | 我杀了Molly |
[00:22] | As the case went south, Emma and I devised a back-up plan getting you to think that she did it, | 当案情急转直下 Emma和我设计了一个备用方案 让你以为是她干了这件事 |
[00:27] | How do I let a ten-year-old girl spend her life in juvenile hall? | 我竟然让一个10岁的女孩不得不在 少年管教所度过余生 |
[00:32] | I know about the little plan, | 我知道那个小计划 |
[00:34] | and may I say I admire you? | 可否允许我表达对你的崇拜? |
[00:36] | Now we have to get our statements exactly right to protect you both against perjury. | 现在我们必须让供词严丝合缝 以免你和你父亲受到作伪证的指控 |
[00:41] | Did you trick this girl? | 你给这女孩儿下套儿了? |
[00:42] | I might have used a little trickery. | 我本可以耍点花招的 |
[00:43] | This would be privileged. | 这属于保密谈话内容 |
[00:44] | Since Mr. Stanfield accomplished his mistrial through fraud, | 鉴于Stanfield先生是通过欺骗 才令针对他的起诉被撤销 |
[00:48] | double jeopardy does not attach. | 双重危境在此不适用 |
[00:49] | Brad Stanfield has been re-arrested for the murder of his wife and unborn son. | Brad Stanfield因为谋杀妻子 以及未出生的儿子而被再次逮捕 |
[00:55] | I don’t believe you had nothing to do with this, Ellenor. | 我才不信你和这事儿没关系 Ellenor. |
[00:57] | I’m in here now, but I won’t be for long. | 我现在被关在这里 可是不会永远呆在这儿 |
[00:59] | We’re in each other’s lives, Ellenor. | 咱们俩是拴在一根线上的蚂蚱 Ellenor |
[01:03] | You’re not being treated by anybody? | 你不打算接受任何人的治疗? |
[01:04] | Why should I be? | 有何必要? |
[01:05] | Because God speaks to me? | 就因为上帝与我交谈? |
[01:06] | Did you hire her? | 你雇用了她? |
[01:08] | I’ve got to keep this woman close to me | 我必须把这女人留在身边 |
[01:09] | until I can persuade her to get back on her medication. | 直到能够说服她重新接受药物治疗为止 |
[01:12] | So she works here? | 这么说她在这儿工作? |
[01:13] | She will not draw a salary, | 她不会领薪水 |
[01:15] | and most importantly, we are not to give her clients. Ever. | 而且更重要的是 我们不会分配给她客户 永不 |
[01:20] | Massachusetts is a no-fault state, | 马萨诸塞州法律奉行无过错离婚原则 |
[01:21] | your wife’s infidelity is a non-issue. | 你妻子的出轨不是个问题 |
[01:23] | she didn’t just cheat on me, Miss Wilson | 她不仅仅是红杏出墙而已 Wilson小姐 |
[01:26] | she did so with my best friend! | 她勾搭上的是我最好的朋友! |
[01:28] | I have two young kids. | 我有两个年幼的孩子 |
[01:29] | I’ll represent you, Roland. | 我来做你的代理律师 Roland |
[01:31] | Sheila! | |
[01:31] | I don’t think we should just file claim against her, | 我不认为我们应该仅仅给她写封律师信就罢休 |
[01:34] | Sheila! | |
[01:35] | Little news flash: The kids aren’t yours. They’re Richard’s. | 实话告诉你 孩子不是你的 他们是Richard的 |
[01:38] | Nancy! | |
[01:39] | What? | 什么? |
[01:40] | So drop this case, or you’ll never see them again. | 撤诉 否则你将永远见不到他们 |
[01:42] | I wanna hurt her now. | 我现在想要伤害她了 |
[01:43] | We’re going to try to get you full custody. | 我们争取让你拿到完全监护权 |
[01:46] | Promise me that | 你保证 |
[01:47] | I promise, Roland. | 我保证 Roland |
[01:50] | Roland! | |
[01:51] | I think I need a lawyer. | 我想我需要一名律师 |
[01:58] | Mary, Mother of God. | 圣母玛利亚 |
[02:14] | You found them like that? | 你发现他们时情形就是如此吗? |
[02:17] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[02:18] | Certainly you don’t think that I did it? | 你不会觉得是我干的吧? |
[02:22] | Miss Wilson, when you entered this room . . . | Wilson小姐 当你进入这个房间 |
[02:26] | They were . . . like that. | 他们就…这样了 |
[02:33] | Oh, gracious Lord, we beseech you. | 噢 仁慈的上帝 我们向你祈求 |
[02:36] | Remember not against them the sins of their youth and of their ignorance. | 不要责备他们因为年幼无知所犯下的罪行 |
[02:41] | Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name . . . | 我们的在天之父 以你的圣名… |
[02:44] | The police want to talk to him, which I haven’t allowed. | 警察想要跟他谈话 我没答应 |
[02:48] | He’s in a bit of a daze, Eugene. | 他有点儿发懵 Eugene |
[02:50] | So is Sheila, for that matter. I mean I really don’t know what to do. | Sheila也懵了 就是这样 我真的不知道该做些什么 |
[02:54] | I’m almost there. | 我马上赶到 |
[02:55] | Do not let him speak to anybody. | 别让他说话 甭管跟谁 |
[02:58] | Stay in the den ’til I arrive. | 呆在那儿等我过来 |
[03:00] | I think we need to get him to a doctor. | 我觉的需要给他找个医生 |
[03:03] | Uh, well, actually maybe both of them. | 呃 事实上 可能他俩都需要医生 |
[03:06] | Stay there. | 呆在那儿别动 |
[03:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:17] | Roland, look at me. | Roland 看着我 |
[03:21] | In a moment, Eugene Young will be here, and he is very good at this sort of thing. | 稍等片刻 Eugene Young就会赶过来 他非常擅长处理这类事情 |
[03:25] | -Blessed are those . . . -I don’t want to go to jail. | -保佑那些… -我不想坐牢 |
[03:27] | I can appreciate that. | 我理解 |
[03:29] | This is wrong, Tara. | 这样不对 Tara |
[03:31] | I called you here to help me, and you called the police. | 我打电话叫你来帮助我 而你却报了警 |
[03:34] | That’s not what I asked you to do. | 你受人之托却不忠人之事 |
[03:35] | Roland, you shot two people. | Roland 你枪杀了两个人 |
[03:38] | I don’t wanna go to jail. | 我不想坐牢 |
[03:40] | Little help? | 你就不能帮点儿忙? |
[03:42] | Blessed are those who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, | 为义受逼迫的人有福了 |
[03:44] | for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. | 因为诸天的国是他们的 |
[03:47] | Blessed are they who hunger. | 饥渴慕义的人有福了 |
[03:48] | I don’t wanna go to jail. Now I lay me down to sleep. | 我不想坐牢 现在我躺下睡觉 |
[03:51] | I don’t wanna go to jail. | 我不想坐牢 |
[03:53] | Jail, jail, jail, jail. | 牢 牢 牢 牢 |
[03:57] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[04:31] | The Practice S804 | |
[04:39] | Crazy how? | 现在彻底疯了? |
[04:40] | Mumbling prayers. She seemed totally out of it, Alan. | 喃喃自语的祈祷者 她看起来完全神游天外 Alan |
[04:43] | Eugene wants us in. | Eugene让我们进去 |
[04:45] | Keep this between us, okay? | 天知地知你知我知 成不? |
[04:47] | Well, too late, because Eugene witnessed it when he got there. | 太晚了 因为Eugene赶到那儿的时候 亲眼目睹了一切 |
[04:50] | Splendid. | 帅呆了 |
[04:52] | Okay, we got Roland Huff’s arraignment at ten. | 对Roland Huff的传讯定于10点开始 |
[04:55] | I’ll take that. | 我来负责 |
[04:57] | Tara, since you seem to have some dialogue with the man, maybe you should come with me. | Tara 既然你和他交谈过 也许你应该与我一道出庭 |
[05:01] | Uhhh, in regard to Jeanette Martin, what’s that? | 呃 说到Jeanette Martin那件案子 怎么回事? |
[05:04] | Mine. My cousin. | 这事我经手 她是我堂妹 |
[05:07] | She’s a nun, suing her parish for wrongful termination. | 她是修女 想起诉她所在的教区 错误地将她开除 |
[05:12] | I said I’d help. | 我答应帮忙 |
[05:13] | Why’d they fire her? | 他们为什么开除她? |
[05:15] | She’s pregnant. | 她怀孕了 |
[05:16] | It’s a dog, I know. | 这事儿费力不讨好 我知道 |
[05:18] | Reminder: Decisions on whether we take cases or not oughta be through me. | 记住: 我们是否受理案子的决定权在我 |
[05:22] | I’ll get rid of it. | 下不为例 |
[05:30] | You all right? | 你还好吗? |
[05:31] | Fine. Thank you for asking. | 凑合 多谢关心 |
[05:34] | Client’s blasted two people last night perhaps you heard. | 我的当事人昨晚开枪”崩”了俩人 可能你已经听说了 |
[05:38] | Yes, we spoke after. | 是的 我们稍后再说 |
[05:41] | You really okay? | 你真的没事? |
[05:42] | Fine. | 没事 |
[05:43] | In criminal law, clients turn out to be criminals on occasion. | 刑事案里 当事人偶尔会变成罪犯 |
[05:46] | Funny thing. | 这事儿真逗 |
[05:48] | Alan? | |
[05:50] | Maybe you and I need to get together after this . . . | 咱们稍后讨论一下这… |
[05:52] | Boom! | 砰! |
[05:57] | Well, I mean, I wasn’t there when the shooting happened, | 我说 枪击发生时我不在场 |
[05:59] | but I imagine it sounded something like that. | 但我想听上去应该是那样的 |
[06:01] | Boom! Right the chest. | 砰! 正中胸口 |
[06:14] | We can’t let her practice. | 我们不能让她执业 |
[06:17] | Work is her best conduit to sanity. | 工作是让她保持神志清醒的最佳途径 |
[06:18] | She’s in there, going Boom! | 她在会议室里就”砰”起来 |
[06:21] | She’s committed no malpractice. | 她又没犯执业不当的错误 |
[06:23] | Alan, we can’t wait for that to happen. | Alan 我们不能坐等那种情形发生 |
[06:26] | Don’t give her cases. | 别指派给她案子就行了 |
[06:28] | Please, don’t take her job away especially since this . . . | 拜托 不要夺走她的工作 尤其是在这种情况下 |
[06:32] | She just left. | 她走了 |
[06:34] | Who? | 谁? |
[06:34] | Sheila. | |
[06:35] | To cover Roland’s arraignment. | 去参加Roland的传讯 |
[06:37] | Oh, come on. | 老天 快 |
[06:43] | One tiny little mistake . . . | 一个小小的小小的错误… |
[06:45] | Jimmy? | |
[06:50] | Uh, could you cover the phones until I get back? | 呃 能不能在我回来前帮我接一下电话? |
[06:54] | Can I cover the phones? Do I look like an assistant? | 能不能接下电话? 我看上去像个助理吗? |
[06:57] | That was hostile. | 吃枪药了你 |
[07:02] | Ellenor. | |
[07:04] | Hey, Walter. | 你好 Walter |
[07:06] | Got a minute? | 有空吗? |
[07:07] | Sure. | 当然 |
[07:10] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[07:12] | I now represent Brad Stanfield. | 我现在是Brad Stanfield的代理律师 |
[07:15] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[07:16] | He just retained me. | 他要我代理 |
[07:18] | Wow. I’m surprised he could afford you. | 哇 没想到他居然能请得起你 |
[07:21] | Well, I asked for the case. | 呃 我主动请求接手的 |
[07:24] | What Alan Shore did here was unconscionable, | Alan Shore所做的一切显失公平 |
[07:27] | and I know you share that view, | 我知道你也这么想 |
[07:29] | which is why I’ve come to ask you to join me. | 所以我来请求你加入我 |
[07:32] | Join you in . . . ? | 加入什么? |
[07:33] | I brought a motion to suppress Mr. Shore’s statement, | 我提出了一项动议 要求推翻Shore的证词 |
[07:35] | as well as the ensuing statement from Mr. Stanfield’s daughter, on a poisoned fruits theory. | 以及Stanfield先生之女的相关证词 基于非法证据原则 |
[07:42] | Can I count on you? | 我能指望你的协助吗? |
[07:47] | Look, this puts me in a very difficult position. | 听着 这事让我处境十分尴尬 |
[07:50] | I realize that, with Mr. Shore working here. | 我明白 鉴于Shore先生在此工作 |
[07:52] | But, at your core, you’re a defense attorney, | 但是 你毕竟是一名辩护律师 |
[07:56] | and this whole thing has to shock your conscience, as it does mine. | 这起事件必定令你良心不安 正如我一样 |
[08:02] | Walter, I don’t want Brad Stanfield to get out. | Walter 我不想让Brad Stanfield获释 |
[08:05] | I’m embarrassed to admit this, but . . . | 承认这一点令我难堪 但是 |
[08:10] | I’m afraid of him. | 我害怕他 |
[08:13] | Afraid of him? | 害怕他? |
[08:15] | Look, Alan Shore had a technical right to reveal what he did; | 听着 就事论事 Alan Shore有权利披露他所做的事 |
[08:17] | plus, his conduct wasn’t state action. | 此外 他的行为并不构成作证 |
[08:20] | How can you bring a motion to suppress? | 你怎么能提出动议加以驳回呢? |
[08:23] | I’m not here to argue the merits with you. | 我来这儿不是要跟你讨论是非曲直 |
[08:26] | I’m appealing to a fellow defense attorney, | 我来寻找一名与我一道工作的辩护律师 |
[08:29] | a fellow civil libertarian, | 一个公民自由维护者 |
[08:31] | and asking you to stand up against what you know was a constitutional atrocity. | 请求你挺身而出 反对你明知为违宪的一种恶行 |
[08:40] | I’m sorry, | 我很遗憾 |
[08:42] | but I don’t want him out. | 但我不想让他获释 |
[08:50] | I’m his lawyer. | 我是他的律师 |
[08:51] | You’re also a potential witness. | 你还是一个可能的目击证人 |
[08:53] | I didn’t see anything. | 我什么都没看见 |
[08:54] | Sheila! | |
[08:54] | I didn’t even hear the boom. | 我连枪响都没听见 |
[08:56] | This is a double murder trial. | 这是起双重命案 |
[08:57] | It’s best to let Eugene handle it. | 最好让Eugene来处理 |
[09:00] | What? | 什么? |
[09:00] | Your experience in criminal law is limited. | 你代理刑事案件的经验不足 |
[09:03] | Commonwealth vs. Roland Huff. Double homicide. | 马萨诸塞州诉Roland Huff案 双重杀人 |
[09:07] | Eugene Young for the defendant. Waive reading; plead not guilty. | Eugene Young申请为被告辩护 放弃证据宣读 不认罪 |
[09:10] | It’s my first criminal, Al . . . | 这是我的第一件刑事案… |
[09:11] | Let Eugene do this. | 让Eugene经手 |
[09:13] | It’s not fair . . . | 这不公平 |
[09:13] | Sheila! | |
[09:14] | The defendant’s ordered held without bail. | 被告依律收押 不得保释 |
[09:16] | Does defense want a preliminary hearing? | 辩方律师是否请求预审? |
[09:17] | Yes, your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[09:19] | Uh, November 7th. | 嗯 11月7日 |
[09:20] | Next case, please. | 下一件 |
[09:22] | I’ll recall John Doe. | 传召”无名氏先生” |
[09:24] | We’re still waiting for a public defender on that. | 公设辩护律师仍未指定 |
[09:28] | You need to get me out. | 你得把我弄出去 |
[09:29] | We’ll see you back in custody. | 我们在拘留所见 |
[09:30] | Continue to say nothing to anybody. | 还是不要对任何人开口 |
[09:35] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[09:43] | Mr. Shore? | Shore先生? |
[09:45] | Mr. Anti-Trust Lawyer? | 泄密律师先生? |
[09:48] | I’m drafting you into the world of pro bono law. | 我准备征召您进入法律援助事业的天地 |
[09:51] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[09:52] | Meet your new client, John Doe. | 与你的新当事人打个招呼 “无名氏先生” |
[09:56] | Your Honor, I’m here on another matter. | 法官大人 我来这里是为了别的事儿 |
[09:58] | Yeah, well, now you’re here on this one. | 可以 不过 现在你是为了这件事了 |
[10:00] | See Mr. Doe in lock-up, then let’s talk. | 到拘留所见一下无先生 然后回来说话 |
[10:02] | Next case, please. | 下一件 |
[10:04] | Great. | 好极了 |
[10:05] | I can do it. | 让我来 |
[10:06] | No. | 休想 |
[10:06] | Sheila, go back to the office. | Sheila 回办公室去 |
[10:08] | I’ll see ya there. | 我们在那儿见 |
[10:12] | What have we got? | 什么状况? |
[10:13] | Indecent exposure. | 露阴癖 |
[10:15] | Cleans toilets at the Transportation Authority, then gratifies himself. | 清洁公交枢纽大楼里的厕所 然后在里面自慰 |
[10:20] | I’m not making it up. | 绝非虚构 |
[10:22] | Commonwealth vs. Mitchell Penner. Felony count of mishandling a corpse. | 马萨诸塞州诉Mitchell Penner案 亵渎尸体 重罪 |
[10:29] | Here’s the file. Uh, that’s also mine, your Honor. | 案卷在这儿 这件案子也是我的 法官大人 |
[10:31] | Did you say, Mishandling a corpse? | 你说的是”亵渎尸体”吗? |
[10:33] | The defendant is a taxidermist. | 被告是一名动物标本制作师 |
[10:35] | Police received a report from one of his employees that he was stuffing a human head. | 警方收到其雇员线报 他在制作人头标本 |
[10:40] | Now, in that this could develop into a murder case, | 有鉴于此 这可能会演变为一起谋杀案 |
[10:42] | we’d ask that Mr. Penner be held without bail. | 我们请求对Penner先生收押 不得保释 |
[10:45] | Are you represented, sir? | 你有代理律师吗 先生? |
[10:47] | No. | 没有 |
[10:48] | I I can’t really afford a lawyer. | 我 我请不起律师 |
[10:50] | Sheila Carlisle, your Honor. I’ll do it. | Sheila Carlisle 法官大人 我愿意接手此案 |
[10:52] | Dear God! | 老天爷! |
[10:53] | The Commonwealth wishes to charge murder, let them do so, | 控方想要提出谋杀指控 没问题 |
[10:56] | but to hold my client without bail on what is it? felony head-stuffing? | 但是收押我的当事人且不许保释 这算什么? 制作头颅标本罪? |
[10:59] | Sheila . . . | |
[11:00] | One second. | 等会儿 |
[11:00] | I’m not even sure a law’s been broken here. | 我甚至不确定这里存在违法事实 |
[11:02] | -Sheila . . . – Shh. | – 嘘 |
[11:03] | Massachusetts requires all bodies and portions thereof to be buried, entombed or cremated. | 马萨诸塞州要求对所有尸体及其部分 加以掩埋或火化 |
[11:08] | The law also allows that citizens may will their body parts to family members or learning institutes for study. | 法律同样允许公民将其身体及部分 遗赠给家人或研究机构用于科研 |
[11:15] | I refer you to MGLA 113, Section 10. | 请参照马萨诸塞州常规法 第113条 第10款 |
[11:19] | You’re talking about organ donation. | 你所说的是器官捐献 |
[11:21] | No, you are. | 我没有 你才是呢 |
[11:22] | The language is silent on that, | 法律并无明文规定 |
[11:24] | suggesting a conflict of legislative intent over whether or not the living may determine how their bodies are used after death. | 因此存在关于在世者是否可以决定 其死后身体处置的法律解释冲突 |
[11:31] | There’s no conflict here. | 这里根本不存在法律解释冲突 |
[11:32] | I’d also call your Honor’s attention to a Pennsylvania case, Commonwealth vs. Brown, | 我还想提醒法官大人注意 宾夕法尼亚州的一起案例 宾州诉Brown案 |
[11:36] | where a defendant invoked the First Amendment, claiming he was using body remains as art. | 被告引用宪法第一修正案 宣称使用尸体的做法是一种艺术 |
[11:42] | Whose head was it, Mr. Penner? | 那头是谁的 Penner先生? |
[11:44] | Don’t answer that. | 别回答那个问题 |
[11:46] | Counsel, if he doesn’t answer, I’m not granting him bail. | 辩方律师 如果他不回答 我将不许可对他保释 |
[11:49] | Surely your Honor doesn’t mean to leverage bail against my client’s Fifth Amendment rights? | 法官大人 您不会打算用保释来诱使 我当事人放弃第五修正案赋予他的权利吧? (任何人不得要求当事人自证其罪) |
[11:52] | He won’t even tell us where the head is, your Honor! | 他甚至不告诉我们人头藏在哪儿 法官大人! |
[11:55] | Mr. Penner stays in custody until he reveals whose head it is and where it is. | Penner先生继续收监 直到他肯透露 人头是谁的以及藏在何处 |
[12:06] | The police beat you up? | 警方对你用刑了? |
[12:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:10] | Who are you, sir? | 你是谁 先生? |
[12:12] | Never mind that. | 这你甭管 |
[12:13] | You tell them, if they don’t drop the charges, I’ll file a brutality claim. | 你跟他们说 如果他们不撤诉 我就告他们滥用私刑 |
[12:16] | I’m not sure that’s a winner. | 我不认为那能行得通 |
[12:18] | You need to get me out. | 你得把我弄出去 |
[12:19] | Mr. Doe, I can probably get you released, but not without your identity. | 无名先生 我或许可以帮你获得释放 但没身份可不行 |
[12:24] | Well, they ran my prints; they know I have no record. | 他们检索过我的指纹 他们知道我记录清白 |
[12:26] | Even so, given your infraction . . . | 即便如此 鉴于您所做的事 |
[12:29] | Please, get me out. | 拜托 帮我出去 |
[12:36] | I started getting very angry feelings when she told me . . . | 我开始觉得异常愤怒 当她告诉我… |
[12:40] | she told me my children weren’t really mine. | 她告诉我 孩子不是我的 |
[12:44] | Then I started feelin’ funny. | 然后我开始觉得荒谬 |
[12:47] | I didn’t like how I was feeling at all. | 我不喜欢那种感觉 一点儿都不 |
[12:50] | Okay. First thing, we’re gonna have you meet with some doctors. | 好的 首先 我们将安排你约见一些医生 |
[12:52] | The most logical . . . | 最合乎情理的… |
[12:53] | I don’t like it when I feel like that. | 我不喜欢那种感觉 |
[12:55] | Roland, listen to me here. | Roland 听我说 |
[12:58] | The likelihood is that we’ll plead insanity . . . | 我们可能会以精神病为由进行辩护 |
[13:00] | They were fornicating in my bed again. | 他们又在我的床上胡天胡地 |
[13:02] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[13:04] | But it’s very important that you don’t talk to anybody but us and the people we say it’s okay to talk to. | 但是你一定不能对我们 以及我们许可之外的其他人说话 这很重要 |
[13:10] | Now, we’re in it for the long-haul here, | 现在 我们要打一场艰苦的持久战 |
[13:11] | but we have good legal options. | 但是我们可以获得好的诉讼结果 |
[13:14] | Do not compromise them by speaking to anybody, | 不要对别人乱说话 把这事搞砸 |
[13:16] | not even fellow prisoners, who might seem sympathetic. | 即使是那些看上去富有同情心的狱友 |
[13:22] | Are you clear? | 你明白吗? |
[13:27] | I still love her, you know? | 我还爱着她 你知道吗? |
[13:30] | Shot her. | 我朝她开了枪 |
[13:33] | But I love her. | 可是我还爱她 |
[13:44] | She took a case. | 她接手了一桩案子 |
[13:44] | She ran up and got herself appointed, Eugene. | 她跳出来自告奋勇 Eugene |
[13:47] | I couldn’t stop her. | 我没办法阻止她 |
[13:47] | What do you mean, you couldn’t stop her? Wha . . . ? | 你这话什么意思? 你”没办法阻止她”? 你… |
[13:49] | The judge assigned me a case. | 法官指派给我一个案子 |
[13:50] | While I was dealing with that, she dashed up and got one of her own. | 我正处理那事 她跳上前去 为她自己争取到一个案子 |
[13:54] | What kind of case? | 什么样的案子? |
[13:55] | Mishandling a corpse. | 亵渎尸体 |
[13:57] | She was surprisingly current on the law, by the way, which . . . | 顺便说一句 她对最新相关法律 令人惊诧地了如指掌… |
[13:59] | And what’s your case? | 那么你的案子呢? |
[14:01] | Serial toilet cleaner. | 连环厕所清洁犯 |
[14:04] | Jamie, are you free to back Sheila? | Jamie 你能帮Sheila一把吗? |
[14:06] | Actually, no. I have a settlement conference. | 抱歉 不行 我有个调解会议要开 |
[14:08] | Jimmy? | |
[14:09] | Can’t. I have a twelve o’clock meeting with a Mother Superior. | 没戏 我12点钟约了修道院长 |
[14:15] | Tara? | |
[14:16] | Me? | 我? |
[14:21] | How crazy is she? | 她到底有多疯狂? |
[14:23] | Well, in the courtroom, she’s been nothing short of brilliant. | 呃 在法庭上 她才华出众 比其他人毫不逊色 |
[14:26] | But seeing dead bodies can rattle a person, | 但是看见死尸可能会形成刺激 |
[14:28] | especially if you feel somewhat responsible. | 尤其是当她觉得负有某种责任之时 |
[14:31] | And why would she feel responsible? | 她为什么会觉得负有责任? |
[14:34] | because Roland was dropping little clues about his anger, | 因为Roland曾经流露出他的愤怒 |
[14:36] | and it’s possible that we should have seen it coming. | 我们本该料想到可能发生的事 |
[14:41] | It might have pushed Sheila over the edge a little. | 这事儿可能让Sheila濒临崩溃 |
[14:46] | And how are you dealing with it? | 那你的情况如何? |
[14:48] | Me? | 我? |
[14:49] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[14:56] | Uh, Young, Frutt and Berluti? | 呃 这里是Young Frutt与Berluti事务所 |
[14:59] | Please hold. | 稍等 |
[15:01] | Jamie? | |
[15:02] | Do you mind taking calls if they’re for you? | 如果电话是找你的 你能不能接一下? |
[15:05] | You know, you and I are going to need to steal a little private time. | 知道吗 咱俩可能难免互相麻烦一下? |
[15:09] | I’d love that. | 放马过来吧 |
[15:15] | The problem is that you’ve broken three separate laws, Mitchell. | 问题在于你分别违反了三项法律 Mitchell |
[15:20] | They can’t prove it was a human head. | 他们不能证明那是人头 |
[15:23] | It’s the word of one disgruntled employee. | 那不过是一个不满的员工的一面之词 |
[15:25] | Was it human? | 那是人头吗? |
[15:29] | You can tell me; I’m your lawyer. | 你可以告诉我 我是你的律师 |
[15:33] | Mitchell, are we dealing with a human head here? | Mitchell 这件案子牵涉到一颗人头吗? |
[15:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:41] | And can we rule out foul play? | 这事儿和谋杀无关吧? |
[15:43] | She died of a coronary. | 她死于冠心病 |
[15:45] | I have the death certificate. | 我有死亡证明 |
[15:48] | It’s my mother. | 她是我妈 |
[15:50] | How’d you get your mother’s head? | 你怎么拿到你妈妈的头颅? |
[15:52] | I dug her up. | 我挖出来的 |
[15:54] | Why? | 为什么? |
[15:55] | Because I don’t think it honors a person to stick her head in dirt. | 因为我不认为让她的头颅埋在污泥中 是对死者的尊重 |
[16:00] | If I tell them it’s my mother, | 如果我告诉他们那是我妈 |
[16:02] | they’ll find her and take her away. | 他们就会找到她 把她带走 |
[16:05] | And where is she? | 她在哪儿? |
[16:07] | My den. | 书房 |
[16:09] | She’s mounted on the wall. | 我把她挂在墙上 |
[16:12] | They’re gonna get a warrant, Mitchell. | 他们会拿到搜查令 Mitchell |
[16:15] | It’s only a matter of time before they find her. | 找到她只是时间问题 |
[16:18] | Then you need to help me. | 所以你得帮我 |
[16:20] | Her head . . . is all I have left of her. | 她的头…是她留给我的一切 |
[16:25] | Please don’t let them take her away from me. | 拜托不要让他们把她从我身边夺走 |
[16:28] | Please. | 拜托 |
[16:31] | Look, I’d love to help you, but I can’t let the guy go if I don’t even know his identity. | 听着 我很想帮你 可是如果不知道他的身份 我没法放他走 |
[16:35] | What if he pays court costs? | 如果他愿意支付诉讼费用呢? |
[16:38] | We need his name, and you know that. | 我们需要他的名字 这你很清楚 |
[16:45] | No. | 没戏 |
[16:46] | Then they’re gonna hold you. | 那么他们将一直关着你 |
[16:48] | Indefinitely? | 无限期? |
[16:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:51] | I have a family. Kids. | 我有家人 子女 |
[16:54] | They’re gonna think I’m dead or something! | 他们会以为我死掉了! |
[16:56] | Why don’t you call them? | 你为什么不给他们打电话? |
[17:03] | Look. | 听着 |
[17:06] | Tell me your name. | 告诉我你的名字 |
[17:08] | That stays privileged. | 那是保密的 |
[17:09] | I’ll get probation to run it under the pretext I’m looking for something else, and if you don’t have a record . . . | 我可以借口查找别的资料为你争取缓刑 如果你没有犯罪记录 |
[17:14] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[17:15] | Maybe I can go to the D.A. and vouch for you. | 也许我可以去地区检察官那里为你做担保 |
[17:17] | They’ll take your word? | 他们会信你的话? |
[17:18] | Well, that would be the challenge. | 呃 那事的确有点儿挑战性 |
[17:20] | But it’s certainly worth a try. | 但是值得一试 |
[17:25] | John or whatever your name is | 无先生 不管你的名字是什么 |
[17:30] | for me to help you, you have to trust me. | 要想让我帮你 你得先信任我 |
[17:38] | My name is Russell . . . Fosterling. | 我的名字是Russell…Fosterling |
[17:42] | I’m an investment banker; | 我是投资银行家 |
[17:45] | one of considerable…prestige. | 相当…有名的一位 |
[17:54] | Mr. Fosterling, | Fosterling先生 |
[17:57] | why do you like to clean toilets? | 你为什么喜欢打扫厕所? |
[18:01] | I just like to clean. | 我就是喜欢打扫 |
[18:10] | Did the guards beat you up? | 保安打了你? |
[18:13] | No. | 不是 |
[18:16] | I did it to myself. | 我自己干的 |
[18:18] | I was so ashamed. | 我羞愧万分 |
[18:22] | I wanted to make myself unrecognizable at arraignment. | 想让自己在传讯时不被人识破真面目 |
[18:29] | I’m begging you, Mr. Shore. | 求你了 Shore先生 |
[18:33] | Please, get me out before . . . | 拜托 帮我出去 在一切太晚之前 |
[18:38] | My life will be over if this becomes public. Please. | 如果这事儿公开 我的生活就全毁了 拜托 |
[18:52] | Walter Pyne is representing him? | Walter Pyne为他代理? |
[18:55] | Yes. | 没错 |
[18:56] | Motion to suppress? This isn’t state action. | 驳回证据的动议? 这不构成作证 |
[18:58] | That’s what I said. | 我就是这么说的 |
[19:00] | You don’t actually think he could get out, do you? | 你不认为他可以无罪开释吧 是不是? |
[19:03] | Ellenor, even if . . . he’s not a danger to you. | Ellenor 即便如此 他也不对你构成威胁 |
[19:09] | There’s something . . . | 有一些苗头… |
[19:11] | He said that he would be walking away. | 他说他可以逍遥法外 |
[19:14] | Like he knew it. | 看上去胸有成竹 |
[19:16] | That it was the beginning that we were in each other’s lives. It just shot through me. | 他说一切只是开始 我们是拴在一根线上的蚂蚱 这些让我惴惴不安 |
[19:21] | Ellenor, he’s not getting out. | Ellenor 他不会出来的 |
[19:27] | You think you’re funny. | 你觉得你很风趣 |
[19:28] | Well, I amuse myself, Tara, but I’ll . . . | 呃 不过是自娱自乐 Tara 但是我会… |
[19:30] | Don’t amuse yourself at my desk, Alan. | 别在我的办公桌上自娱自乐 Alan |
[19:33] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[19:34] | He downloaded some sexually deviant website and left it there for me to see. | 他下载了一些性变态网站 然后摆在那儿等我看 |
[19:38] | It’s part of a file. | 那是案卷的一部分 |
[19:39] | And it’s research. | 而且我在做调查 |
[19:40] | Research? | 调查? |
[19:41] | Yes, on a case. | 没错 为了一个案子 |
[19:42] | I didn’t mean to leave it there for you to see. | 我并没打算把它摆在那儿等你看 |
[19:44] | Well, then why couldn’t you do it at your own desk? | 好吧 那你为什么不在自己的办公桌上做? |
[19:45] | Because my desk is across town in a corner office with a spectacular view. | 因为我的破办公桌位于 离这儿十万八千里的狗屁办公室 |
[19:51] | And, besides, I like your desk. | 而且 我喜欢你的办公桌 |
[19:56] | It’s research! | 只是调查而已! |
[20:04] | My office a second. | 来我办公室一下 |
[20:17] | You seem wound a little tight. | 看起来你跟大家关系有点儿紧张 |
[20:20] | Before this, you were going after Jamie. | 此前你还针对过Jamie |
[20:22] | Why? Is she off limits? | 怎么了? 她是禁脔? |
[20:25] | You saw two homicide victims last night. | 你昨晚见了两名凶杀案的受害人 |
[20:27] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[20:28] | Yeah, I know you’re fine. | 是的 我知道你没事 |
[20:29] | I know all about being fine. | 我知道没事是什么意思 |
[20:32] | When I was a private detective, I saw a lot of gruesome stuff, | 当我还是一名私家侦探的时候 恶心事儿见得多了 |
[20:34] | and the only constant was that I was fine. | 唯一不变的就是”我没事” |
[20:39] | It catches up to you, Tara. | 这事在影响你 Tara |
[20:42] | Take my word on that. | 听我的劝 |
[20:47] | Now, you have a support system in this office. | 在这家事务所 人们可以找到支持帮助 |
[20:52] | I hope you know that. | 我希望你了解 |
[20:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:59] | I’d like to keep you on Roland’s case. | 我希望你继续帮忙Roland的案子 |
[21:02] | Do you think you’re up to it? | 你还打算接着干吗? |
[21:06] | So you can recuse me as a witness? | 这样你就可以临时提出我作为目击证人? |
[21:08] | No, because I can use you. | 不 因为我觉得你顶用 |
[21:12] | Do you think you’re up to it? | 你还打算接着干吗? |
[21:16] | Yes! | 当然! |
[21:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:28] | What was that about? | 那是为了什么? |
[21:30] | It was about Tara. | 关于Tara的一点小事 |
[21:33] | You need somethin’? | 有事要帮忙? |
[21:37] | No. | 没有 |
[22:40] | What do you mean, you know her? | 你什么意思 你认识她? |
[22:41] | I do. | 没错 |
[22:42] | I’ve known her all my life. | 我一直都认识她 |
[22:44] | What’s more, she just came to me again, two nights ago. | 而且 她刚刚拜访过我 就在两天前 |
[22:48] | Eugene? | |
[22:49] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[22:51] | Oh, nothing. Everything’s wonderful! | 哦 没事 一切都很棒! |
[22:54] | The head stuffed by Sheila’s taxidermist client is actually the head of Sainte . . . | Sheila的标本制作师当事人保存的人头 实际上是圣… |
[22:58] | -Ste. Catherine. | -圣凯瑟琳 -圣凯瑟琳 |
[23:00] | A saint that has been visiting Sheila much of her life. | 一个持续造访Sheila生活的圣人 |
[23:03] | She recognized it. | 她认出来了 |
[23:06] | You saw the head. | 你看到了人头 |
[23:08] | Yes, and we cannot let her fall into the hands of the state. | 是的 我们不能让她落入州检察官的手中 |
[23:11] | She’s in your office. | 她在你的办公室里面 |
[23:13] | What do you mean, she’s in my office? The head is in my office? | 你什么意思 她在我办公室里? 人头在我办公室里? |
[23:16] | Yeah! | 是啊! |
[23:23] | I’m sorry, but it was the environment with the highest stature, at least in this firm, where I’d like to maintain her. | 对不起 但这是最尊崇的所在 至少是在这间事务所中 我想把她放在这儿 |
[23:29] | She’ll watch over us, Eugene. | 她会照看着我们 Eugene |
[23:31] | She can watch over all of us. | 她会照看我们所有的人 |
[23:36] | You would pay full court costs; plead guilty. | 你得支付所有诉讼费用 并且认罪 |
[23:38] | So, it goes on my record. | 那我就有犯罪记录了 |
[23:39] | Yes, but the D.A. has agreed to make a joint recommendation that the conviction be sealed. | 是的 但是地区检察官同意 与我一道提出建议 将判决保密 |
[23:44] | The judge still has to approve, but . . . | 仍需法官批准 但是… |
[23:46] | I have to give the D.A. my name. | 我必须告诉地区检察官我的名字 |
[23:48] | Yes. | 没错 |
[23:49] | You committed a crime; you have to have a record, but it’ll be sealed. | 你犯了罪 你必须留下记录 但是它将被保密 |
[23:53] | As long as you don’t commit another crime, it’ll stay sealed. | 只要你不再次犯罪 它会一直保密 |
[23:58] | Mr. Fosterling, it is your best out. | Fosterling先生 这是你的最佳”脱身之计” |
[24:03] | It’s also the very best I can do. | 也是我所能尽得最大努力 |
[24:06] | My face. | 我的脸 |
[24:08] | What will I tell people? | 我怎么跟别人说? |
[24:09] | That you were mugged, | 你被打劫了 |
[24:11] | or in an accident and hospitalized whatever you want to tell them. | 或者出了事故住进医院 你爱怎么说怎么说 |
[24:16] | Uh. I apologize. | 啊 对不起 |
[24:19] | Hello? | 你好? |
[24:21] | What? | 什么? |
[24:23] | Whose head? | 谁的脑袋? |
[24:25] | For double jeopardy to be undone here is ludicrous. | 基于双重危境 案件重审是荒唐可笑的 |
[24:29] | Attorney-client privilege is the oldest of all common-law privileges. | 律师和当事人之间的保密原则 是所有惯例法原则中最古老的一个 |
[24:32] | Mr. Pyne is ignoring Rule One Point Six B One | Pyne先生忽略了程序法1.6B1中的规定… |
[24:35] | one which allows disclosure of privileged information to prevent the wrongful incarceration of another. | 这条法律允许 在为求避免另外一人 无辜入狱的前提下 保密信息可以披露 |
[24:40] | In this case . . . | 在这件案子中… |
[24:41] | I don’t ignore it. | 我没有忽略这一点 |
[24:43] | I say it doesn’t apply. | 我说它不适用 |
[24:44] | Rule One Point Six B One just . . . | 程序法1.6B1只是… |
[24:46] | This man killed his pregnant wife and then . . . | 这个人杀死了怀孕的妻子 然后… |
[24:49] | I object to that button being pushed as if it were a point of law. | 我反对把话题导向法律观点之争 |
[24:53] | And, while we’re talking about fraud, your Honor, | 而且 尽管我们在讨论欺骗的问题 法官大人 |
[24:56] | Mr. Stanfield may very well have duped his lawyer, | Stanfield或许的确欺骗了他的律师 |
[24:59] | and all the players in his trial, | 以及案件审理过程中的所有当事人 |
[25:02] | but Alan Shore defrauded our criminal justice system | 但是Alan Shore败坏了我们的刑事司法体系 |
[25:06] | a much more egregious transgression . . . | 这是更恶劣的犯罪行为 |
[25:07] | Mr. Stanfield orchestrated a mistrial. | Stanfield先生精心导演了一出无效审判的闹剧 |
[25:10] | He played his attorneys to approach the judge as officers of the court. | 他玩弄律师 误导法官 |
[25:14] | He used them as conduits to defraud the system Mr. Pyne holds so dear. | 他利用这些人骗过了Pyne先生誓死捍卫的法律体系 |
[25:19] | Brad Stanfield walked free as a double murderer, | Brad Stanfield身为双重杀人犯却逍遥法外 |
[25:21] | while his ten-year-old daughter was put in jail. | 而他10岁的女儿身陷囹圄 |
[25:24] | Since Alan Shore didn’t like that, he said, | 因为Alan Shore不喜欢这种事 所以他说 |
[25:27] | To hell with the rules. To hell with attorney-client privilege. | “滚他妈的法律法规 滚他妈的保密协议” |
[25:31] | If this court says okay to that, | 如果法庭允许这种做法 |
[25:33] | the Sixth Amendment right to counsel is obliterated. | 就是否定了第六修正案赋予律师的权利 |
[25:38] | Mr. Stanfield. Stand up. | Stanfield先生 请起立 |
[25:44] | I want to know exactly what you said to Ms. Frutt. | 我想知道你到底对Frutt女士说了些什么 |
[25:48] | Forgive me, your Honor, | 对不起 法官大人 |
[25:49] | but privilege may not extend to what I say to you in open court. | 但是我在公开法庭上对您说的话 不在保密协议允许之内 |
[25:53] | You seem to be quite savvy on the law, sir. | 你看起来对法律很了解嘛 先生 |
[25:56] | I certainly understand the Sixth Amendment, | 我当然知道第六修正案 |
[25:58] | and I relied on it when talking to Ellenor Frutt. | 而且它是我赖以与Ellenor Frutt谈话的基础 |
[26:01] | Did you rely on Ms. Frutt to act as an officer of the court to help carry out your fraud? | 你是否倚仗Frutt女士 以法律专业人士的身份帮你实施欺诈? |
[26:06] | I relied on her to uphold the law to her best ability, | 我倚仗她尽其所能伸张法律 |
[26:11] | as I rely on you to do so now. | 正如我现在倚仗您这样做一样 |
[26:22] | Where is she? | 她在哪儿? |
[26:22] | Eugene’s office with her shrine. | Eugene的办公室 和她的神像在一起 |
[26:24] | Alan? | |
[26:25] | I’m on it. | 我来搞定 |
[26:38] | Sheila? | |
[26:40] | Look at her, Alan. | 看着她 Alan |
[26:42] | Isn’t she incredible? | 多么不可思议? |
[26:48] | I don’t have the words. | 我无言以对 |
[26:50] | When I was a very young girl, | 在我还是一个小女孩的时候 |
[26:52] | she used to come to me in visions. | 她总是在梦境中到来 |
[26:55] | She used to give me advice, and watch over me. | 她给我忠告 看顾着我 |
[26:59] | Then she went away. | 然后她就离开了 |
[27:01] | Three years ago, she appeared to me again. | 三年前 她再度出现 |
[27:04] | Oh, her name’s Catherine; she’s a saint. | 哦 她叫凯瑟琳 她是圣徒 |
[27:09] | Sheila, it’s a head. | Sheila 这是个人头 |
[27:13] | She looks at home in this room. | 她在这间屋子里看上去很自在 |
[27:16] | Doesn’t she look at home? | 她是不是看上去很自在? |
[27:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:28] | Visions and wanderings headless completely aside, | 幻觉 梦游 “没头没脑” 这些先放一旁 |
[27:32] | MGLA 114, Section 43M does not permit her display here. | 马萨诸塞州常规法第114条 第43款M项 不允许她摆在这儿 |
[27:38] | Plus you have a client in custody, | 而且你的当事人还在拘留所 |
[27:39] | who, I believe needs this as evidence to support his . . . | 他 我相信会需要这个作为支持证据 |
[27:42] | The complainant witness ID’ed my client’s deceased mother. | 控方证人检举的是我当事人死去的母亲 |
[27:45] | The death certificate confirmed natural causes. | 死亡证明确认为正常死亡 |
[27:48] | My client was cleared of homicide. | 我的当事人没有杀人 |
[27:50] | We paid the fine, pled guilty, accepted probation. | 我们支付罚金 认罪 接受缓刑察看 |
[27:53] | He’s home, happy his mother is in a place of honor. | 他回了家 很高兴他的母亲 被安置在一个受到尊敬的地方 |
[27:56] | But you’re committing a crime now. | 但是你现在在犯罪 |
[27:58] | Technically, I’m studying her, pursuant to Chapter 113, Section 10. | 从技术上讲 我在研究她 遵照法律第113条 第10款 |
[28:04] | You’re not a learning institution. | 你不是在一所研究机构 |
[28:04] | This is a health code violation, and under Chapter 272, Section 71, Chapter 7 . . . | 这样做违背卫生法规 根据第272条 第71款 以及第7条… |
[28:08] | You’re making Her angry! | 你让她生气了! |
[28:10] | Get out! | 滚出去! |
[28:12] | You’re off on the law, Sheila. | 你犯法了 Sheila |
[28:13] | Get out! | 滚出去! |
[28:14] | You’re off on the law… | 你犯法了… |
[28:15] | Get out!! | 滚!! |
[28:26] | I need you to be a good lawyer here. | 我要你做一个好律师 |
[28:32] | Catherine doesn’t want that right now. | 凯瑟琳现在不要这个 |
[28:53] | I don’t think she likes being draped. | 我不认为她喜欢被蒙上 |
[28:56] | I draped her, Sheila, because I need you to look at me now. | 我把她蒙上 Sheila 因为我要你看着我 |
[29:02] | Sheila, without arguing the merits of our separate realities, | Sheila 不去探讨我们各自的信仰 |
[29:06] | I represented to the people here that yours would not interfere with their practice. | 我向工作在这里的人保证 你的所作所为不会干扰他们的工作 |
[29:13] | In fact, I went so far as to say once you entered the arena of law, | 事实上 我甚至曾经说过 只要你进入法律领域 |
[29:18] | your sensibilities were beyond reproach. | 你的神经质就不会是个问题 |
[29:24] | I can no longer say that, Sheila. | 我无法再这样说了 Sheila |
[29:26] | I no longer believe it. | 我不再相信了 |
[29:30] | You are incompetent to practice. | 你不适合执业 |
[29:35] | Do I not win my cases? | 我难道没有打赢官司? |
[29:36] | All of them? | 所有的官司? |
[29:37] | Even this one? | 包括这件? |
[29:39] | I got a good result for my client, who is very pleased. | 我得到理想结果 我的当事人对此非常满意 |
[29:43] | I spoke to your doctor . . . | 我跟你的医生谈过了… |
[29:44] | On whose authority? | 谁允许的? |
[29:45] | And he thinks your situation has been exacerbated by trauma. | 他认为你的状况因为刺激而恶化了 |
[29:49] | He strongly believes you need to be on medication. | 他强烈认为你需要服药 |
[29:51] | That doesn’t work for me. | 那对我没用 |
[29:53] | Sheila . . . | 那对我没用 |
[29:53] | That does not work for me. | 那对我没用 |
[29:58] | Then you need to leave. | 那么你得离开了 |
[29:59] | You can’t work here. | 你不能在这儿工作 |
[30:02] | I feel like I just settled in. | 我刚觉得安顿下来 |
[30:08] | You are a dear friend, | 你是一个很好的朋友 |
[30:11] | and I love you, but unless you get treatment . . . | 我爱你 但除非你接受治疗… |
[30:15] | Please, just give it a week. | 拜托 再给我一星期 |
[30:19] | You watch. | 你看着 |
[30:21] | Catherine will bless all of us I promise you. | 凯瑟琳会保佑所有人 我保证 |
[30:32] | You need to leave here. | 你现在就得走 |
[30:37] | Then I’ll go. | 那我就走 |
[30:39] | Sheila . . . | |
[30:40] | I’m going, Alan. | 我走了 Alan |
[30:47] | Be seated. | 请就坐 |
[30:57] | I have studied Rule One Point Six, | 我研究过了程序法第1.6条的规定 |
[31:00] | and it does indeed allow for lawyers to violate privilege to prevent the wrongful incarceration of another. | 的确许可律师破坏保密协议 从而免使另外的人含冤入狱 |
[31:07] | No lawyer has ever done this before, but the rule is there, | 没有律师此前这么做过 但法律确有规定 |
[31:11] | which suspect saved Mr. Shore from disbarment. | 这使Shore得以免受剥夺律师资格的惩罚 |
[31:15] | To use the disclosed information in a subsequent trial, however | 然而 将披露的信息用于随后的审判… |
[31:20] | I agree with Mr. Pyne there’s no authority for that. | 我同意Pyne先生的观点 那么做不被允许 |
[31:24] | I also agree the Sixth Amendment would be meaningless if we let lawyers give evidence against their clients. | 我也同意 如果我们允许律师给出 不利于其当事人的证据 第六修正案将毫无意义 |
[31:31] | Mr. Shore’s statement is quashed . . . | Shore先生的证词被推翻 |
[31:34] | as is that of Mr. Stanfield’s daughter, which constitutes poisonous fruits. | 依据毒果理论 Stanfield先生女儿的证词也是如此 (用非法手段获取的真实证据 也不可以被采用) |
[31:39] | The question becomes do we then just re-try Mr. Stanfield with the old evidence. | 问题变为 我们是否需要基于原有证据 再次审判Stanfield先生 |
[31:45] | That seems to make sense. | 这看起来合情合理 |
[31:47] | The problem is overturning double jeopardy here would still rely on giving Mr. Shore’s disclosure legal teeth, | 问题在于 推翻双重危境仍旧需要 借助于Shore先生泄露的信息 |
[31:55] | and due process just won’t allow me to do that. | 程序正义不允许我们这么做 |
[32:00] | I’m holding that double jeopardy, therefore, attaches to the first mistrial. | 因此 我主张双重危境依然 适用于第一次无效审判 |
[32:07] | As a matter of law, | 遵照法律 |
[32:09] | Mr. Stanfield cannot be tried twice for the same crimes. | Stanfield不能因为同样的罪行接受两次审判 |
[32:14] | He is, therefore, free to go. | 因此 他可以当庭释放 |
[32:37] | Ellenor . . . | |
[32:38] | I’m not gonna make a scene. | 我不想当众跟你吵 |
[32:43] | You won. | 你赢了 |
[32:44] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[32:47] | This is the final chapter, Brad. | 这是最后一章 Brad |
[32:50] | Story over. | 故事到此为止 |
[32:52] | You and I are not in each other’s lives. | 咱们俩永无瓜葛 |
[32:57] | No hard feelings, Ellenor. | 没有恶意 Ellenor |
[33:04] | If you can’t take my hand, Ellenor, how can I trust we’ve resolved our differences? | 如果你不跟我握手 Ellenor 我怎么能相信我们冰释前嫌了呢? |
[33:13] | If I should be sued civilly, | 如果我面临民事审判 |
[33:15] | I will, of course, expect that you not to give testimony against me. | 我当然希望你不会做出对我不利的证据 |
[33:19] | That would open up another chapter. | 那就是另外一回事了 |
[33:22] | All right, friend. | 行了 老兄 |
[33:29] | Obviously, I’m gratified we have a judicial system that values the constitution as intended by our Founding Fathers. | 很显然 我对我们拥有一个遵循开国之父们 设想的尊重宪法的司法体系深感满意 |
[33:37] | It’s rewarding to see the court prioritize those principles over the . . . the lawlessness of one aberrant attorney. | 我欣然看到 法庭将这些原则的优先权 置于…某个越轨律师的不法之举之上 |
[33:56] | I don’t think I can survive in this place. | 我不认为我在这儿还能再撑下去 |
[34:00] | We’re gonna try to get you the fastest trial date possible. | 我们会尽快安排你上庭 |
[34:03] | Before Christmas? | 圣诞节前? |
[34:05] | I need to be with my kids for Christmas. | 我得和孩子们一起过圣诞节 |
[34:07] | C can they get me bail for Christmas? | 他们会在圣诞节让我保释吗? |
[34:10] | For my kids’ sake. | 为了孩子 |
[34:11] | They have no mother. | 他们没了妈 |
[34:13] | Well, that appeal usually doesn’t work for the defendant who killed the mother. | 呃 这种理由对于杀死母亲的被告通常不适用 |
[34:23] | Am I ever gonna get out? | 我还能出去吗? |
[34:26] | What we propose is to argue insanity. | 我们建议就神志失常辩护 |
[34:28] | And we think we can make a strong case there. | 而且我们认为理由很充分 |
[34:31] | Tell me you’ll get me out. | 告诉我 你能帮我出去 |
[34:33] | I need to know I’ll get out. | 我得知道我能出去 |
[34:35] | Roland . . . | |
[34:37] | We’re going to get you out. | 我们会帮你脱身 |
[34:44] | You . . . you promise? | 你 你保证? |
[34:54] | We promise. | 我们保证 |
[35:02] | You understand, if you violate probation, we can go back and impose time. | 你要明白 如果你违反缓刑条件 我们会再找上你的 |
[35:08] | Yes, sir. | 明白 先生 |
[35:09] | You’re getting an enormous break here, Mr. Fosterling. | 这事大大有悖常规 Fosterling先生 |
[35:12] | For this matter to be sealed you’re very fortunate. | 将整件事保密 – 你非常幸运 |
[35:14] | This is a special favor. | 这可是对你特别照顾 |
[35:17] | I appreciate that, your Honor. | 非常感谢 法官大人 |
[35:21] | Why do you clean toilets and then . . . ? | 为什么你要清扫厕所然后又…? |
[35:28] | If I may ask? | 恕我好奇? |
[35:29] | I don’t think that’s relevant, your Honor. | 这事与案情无关吧 法官大人 |
[35:31] | It’s relevant to me. | 与我有关 |
[35:40] | It was for . . . personal reasons. | 这是出于…个人原因 |
[35:44] | Personal reasons. | 个人原因 |
[35:46] | It’s a bit different from your anti-trust clients, huh, Mr. Shore? | 和你的律师说的不太对板呀 是不是 Shore先生? |
[36:00] | Can you look at me, sir? | 能看着我吗 先生? |
[36:08] | It won’t get out. | 此事绝对保密 |
[36:24] | I appreciate your help. | 多谢你的帮助 |
[36:26] | Certainly I expect to pay you for your services. | 我一定会付给你律师费的 |
[36:29] | Mr. Fosterling, I have a book. | Fosterling先生 我这儿有本书 |
[36:33] | It’s a case study diagnostic statistical manual of behavioral anomalies. | 是个案研究 行为异常的诊断统计手册 |
[36:38] | And there’s a case in here | 里面有个病例 |
[36:39] | it talks about a person being sexually stimulated by men’s rooms. | 谈到有人 对男厕所有性冲动 |
[36:43] | It’s included in a section: Paraphilia, not otherwise specified. | 在这部分 “性欲倒错 一般介绍” |
[36:48] | I offer you this | 我给你这个 |
[36:51] | because I detect a fair amount of self-loathing and . . . | 因为我察觉到你对自己深感厌憎 但是 |
[36:59] | I don’t think you’re sick, Mr. Fosterling. | 我不认为你有病 Fosterling先生 |
[37:03] | I think you’re peculiar, | 我觉得你很特别 |
[37:05] | but . . . a lot of us are quite peculiar. | 但是 我们中的很多人都很特别 |
[37:11] | And maybe with a little help, | 只要一点帮助 |
[37:14] | you could find a way to continue to enjoy yourself that doesn’t make you hate yourself. | 你就可以找到办法 继续自娱但不厌憎自己 |
[37:27] | Anyway . . . | 不管怎么说 |
[37:29] | I give you the book | 这本书送你 |
[37:33] | and I wish you well. | 祝你顺利 |
[37:41] | Mr. Shore? | Shore先生? |
[37:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:55] | Not just this jurisdiction or First Circuit. | 不止是本地区的或者一审的判例 |
[37:57] | I wanna see every insanity case in the country where jealousy was the motivating factor. | 我需要全国范围内 因嫉妒而导致神经错乱的所有案例 |
[38:02] | Tara, I want you to focus on the legal research. | Tara 你集中精力寻找相关法律资料 |
[38:04] | Jamie, you start lining up doctors. | Jamie 你着手联系医生 |
[38:07] | I wanna move fast on this, because I don’t think Roland’s gonna hold out well in jail. | 我们得加快速度 因为我不认为Roland在监狱里能坚持多久 |
[38:11] | Jamie, for fund, I want you to go through the incident reports, forensics. | Jamie 以防万一 我要你仔细查看现场报告 法医记录 |
[38:15] | Give me an opinion as to whether we got any shot on the elements. | 如果我们在案件要素上有可下手之处 别忘了提醒我 |
[38:17] | No sense going insanity if we don’t have to. | 能不用神志错乱为由辩护就不用 |
[38:20] | We all clear? | 都清楚了? |
[38:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:27] | I have a couple sites I can give you to get you started. | 我有一些网址可以供你入手查找资料 |
[38:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[38:33] | Ah, Jamie? | 呃 Jamie? |
[38:35] | Sorry. Ah, from . . | 对不起 嗯 因为… |
[38:39] | It’s been one of those weeks. | 最近这几周的事儿 |
[38:41] | I get it. | 理解 |
[38:44] | Listen, if you need to talk, | 听着 如果你需要找人聊聊 |
[38:49] | try Ellenor. | 找Ellenor |
[38:56] | They took it. | 他们把它拿走了 |
[38:57] | They just marched in here and seized it. Can you believe it? | 他们就那么闯进来将其夺走 你能相信吗? |
[39:00] | Well, you don’t actually need the head of Ste. Catherine, do you? | 呃 你不是真的需要圣凯瑟琳的头 是不是? |
[39:03] | It’s her spirit that matters most. | 最重要的是她的精神 |
[39:07] | You really think I’m nuts, don’tcha? | 你真把我当疯子了 对不? |
[39:12] | You’ve had your moments. | 你也有动人之刻 |
[39:16] | Sometimes I envy the world you live in. | 有时候我会嫉妒你身处的那个世界 |
[39:20] | You’re so sweet. | 你真好 |
[39:25] | Sometimes I think you and I would make for great lovers. | 有时候我觉得咱们俩可以成为完美恋人 |
[39:34] | You’re not getting out of my life now, Sheila | 你并没有从我的生命中消失 Sheila |
[39:37] | only this office. | 只是这间事务所 |
[39:40] | You and I will still . . | 我们还是… |
[39:50] | I’m always here for you. | 我一直是你的 |
[40:27] | I guess I better go. | 我想我最好走了 |
[40:34] | Say goodbye to the group? | 跟大伙儿告别? |
[40:36] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[40:58] | Don’t everybody look so sad. | 大家别那么难过 |
[41:00] | I’ll be . . . | 我会… |
[41:06] | Thank you so much. | 多谢你们 |
[41:09] | You’ve all been incredibly generous with me, and | 你们对我都很宽容大度 还有 |
[41:13] | Tara, I loved trying our case together. | Tara 我喜欢和你一起办案 |
[41:20] | Eugene . . . | |
[41:22] | You’re a good boss. | 你是个好老板 |
[41:26] | Jimmy, hang in there with your nun case, okay? | Jimmy 别放弃你的修女案 好吗? |
[41:28] | Though the Church can dismiss her under Canon Law, | 尽管教会可以依据Canon法案开除她 |
[41:32] | the fact is, they often don’t dismiss priests for having sex, | 事实上 他们通常不会因为神职人员性交而将其开除 |
[41:35] | which means, in truth, they’re probably firing her for being pregnant, | 这意味着 真相是 他们可能是因为 她怀孕而开除她 |
[41:39] | which is a direct violation of Title VII. Klein vs. Catholic Diocese of Toledo. | 这直接违反了人权法案第7条 可以参照Klein诉托莱多地区教会一案 |
[41:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:49] | Anyway, you are all such kind and charitable people, | 不管怎样 你们都是非常善良仁慈的人 |
[41:53] | and though I haven’t known you long, I will miss you. | 尽管咱们认识的时间不长 我会想念你们的 |
[42:02] | We’ll stay in touch, right? | 我们会保持联系 对不? |
[42:05] | We shall. | 一定 |