时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | The president will announce a Blue Ribbon Commission… | 总统将宣布 成立蓝缎带委员会 |
[00:09] | …to study the long-term future of entitlement programs. | 研究未来长远性的 提名计划 |
[00:12] | – We want you to go to a meeting. – With who? | -去开会吧 -跟谁开会? |
[00:14] | – A Democrat on the Ethics Committee. – A date with my ex-wife? | -在伦理委员会的民主党员 -跟我前妻约会? |
[00:17] | – Sit next to me. – I’m a responsible adult. | -坐到我隔壁来 -我是个成年人 |
[00:18] | I’m a member of the U.S. Congress. | 我是美国国会的一员 |
[00:21] | Does the White House make a crusade out of defending… | 你要发动圣战 为吸毒者的权利 |
[00:23] | – … the rights of drug users? – Please. | -辩护吗? -拜托 |
[00:27] | We have questions about drug use, marijuana in particular. | 伊莉 我们收到了一些关于吸毒的问题 特别是使用大麻 |
[00:31] | Jersey Girl wants to know if marijuana can make you sterile. | 在新泽西州居住的女孩想知道 大麻是否会导致不育 |
[00:34] | Is this Jersey Girl asking the question or Jersey Boyfriend? | 在新泽西州居住的女孩想知道 或是她的男朋友想知道? |
[00:38] | – Both. – Okay. | -两者都是 -好吧 |
[00:40] | Well, there’s no evidence so far that marijuana has a permanent effect… | 到目前为止 没有证据证明大麻会对 |
[00:44] | …on the male or female reproductive systems. | 男性或女性的 生殖系统造成永久伤害 <星期三晚上> |
[00:48] | A few studies have suggested that heavy marijuana use… | 有几份研究显示 大量使用大麻 |
[00:51] | …may have an effect on male testicular function… | 会对男性 睾丸功能产生影响 |
[00:55] | …but that effect would be reversible. | 但这些影响是可以治疗的 |
[00:57] | So if Jersey Boyfriend is concerned, he should mention it to his doctor. | 如果新泽西州女孩的男朋友很担心 他应该跟他的医生谈一谈 |
[01:02] | Pixaladd wants to know if marijuana can cause cancer. | 皮克斯拉德想知道 大麻会不会致癌 |
[01:06] | No conclusive study to date has shown that it does. | 到目前为止 没有研究显示它有致癌性 |
[01:09] | However, and this is a big however… | 然而要注意的是 |
[01:13] | …cellular genetic and human studies all suggest… | 细胞基因跟人类基因研究 都显示 |
[01:17] | …that the smoke from pot is a risk factor in acquiring respiratory disease. | 用来吸食大麻的水烟筒制造 出来的烟极可能导致呼吸系统疾病 |
[01:22] | If Pixaladd wants to be able to walk up a flight of stairs without throwing up… | 如果皮克斯拉德 想在上了很多楼梯级之后也不恶心 |
[01:27] | …he should put the bong in the closet… | 他应该把水烟筒放在柜子里 |
[01:29] | …behind the Allman Brothers albums where it belongs. | 藏在欧曼兄弟乐团的唱片后 它应该被放在那里 |
[01:33] | Josh. What the hell kind of name is Pixaladd? Josh? | 乔西,皮克斯拉德 是哪门子的鬼名字? |
[01:39] | – I’m done. – Yeah? | -我的工作完成了吗? -是 |
[01:40] | – Efficiency, Donna. – Yeah. | -很有效率,唐娜 -是啊 |
[01:42] | Efficiency and professionalism, and we’re out of here at 9:00 on Wednesday night. | 效率,专业 星期三晚上九点我们便下班 |
[01:46] | It doesn’t hurt the president’s in Tokyo. | 对身在东京的总统没有任何影响 |
[01:48] | There does seem to be less work to do when he’s in a different hemisphere. | 他在别的地方的时候 我们的工作量就会变少 |
[01:52] | – But nonetheless…. – Efficiency and professionalism. | -但是 -效率跟专业 |
[01:55] | With a healthy dollop of leadership skills. | 加上正确的指挥技巧 |
[01:57] | The well-placed, well-worded memo. | 按步就班,指令清楚 |
[01:59] | Nobody goes off the reservation. Everybody does their job. | 没有人会忘记预定行程 大家都乖乖地做完工作 |
[02:02] | – Turn off your computer. Let’s go. – No, I’m gonna watch this. | -关掉电脑,我们走吧 -不,我要看这个 |
[02:06] | – Maybe you should too. – What is it? | -或许你也该看看 |
[02:08] | The surgeon general’s doing an online chat. | -它是什么? 卫生署长在做线上交谈 |
[02:10] | – What’s she talking about? – Decriminalizing marijuana. | -她在说什么? -将大麻合法化 |
[02:13] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[02:17] | What’s she talking about? | 她在说什么? |
[02:19] | ” Do you favor the decriminalization of marijuana? “ | “你赞成将大麻合法化吗?” |
[02:22] | ” It’s not for me to say. I can say marijuana… | “这由不得我决定 我认为大麻 |
[02:24] | …poses no greater public health risk than nicotine or alcohol. “ | 对公众健康造成的伤害 跟尼古丁或酒精一样” |
[02:28] | ” It doesn’t share the same addictive properties as heroin and LSD. “ | “上瘾的机会没有 使用海洛英或迷幻药那么大” |
[02:31] | “Yet bizarrely to many of us in the health care profession… | “很多医疗专业人士奇怪的是 |
[02:35] | …the law categorizes it as a Schedule 1 narcotic… | 法律将它归类为 一级麻醉药物 |
[02:39] | …while putting a government seal on a pack of cigarettes. “ | 但一包香烟只是被印上 政府的警告标签” |
[02:45] | Yeah, somebody didn’t get your memo. | 有个人没收到你的纸条 罗伯洛 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 珍妮尔摩隆奈 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 |
[03:37] | – C.J.? – Yeah. | -茜洁? -什么事? |
[03:39] | – Take a look at this. – What is it? | -你看看这个 -这是什么? |
[03:41] | It’s a transcript of an online chat Millicent Griffith just did. Page eight. | 这是米丽森葛瑞菲斯刚刚做的 线上交谈内容,看看第八页 |
[03:46] | – Toby’s headed in. Sam’s on the phone. – I can’t talk now. | -托比正在路上,山姆在电话里头 -我现在没办法谈 |
[03:49] | – He says it’s important. – In a minute. | -他说这很重要 -等一下 |
[03:51] | – The Allman Brothers? – It gets a lot worse. | -欧曼兄弟乐团? -情况越来越糟糕 |
[03:53] | ” Marijuana poses no greater public health risk than nicotine or alcohol. “ | “大麻对公众健康造成的伤害 跟尼古丁或酒精一样” |
[03:59] | ” Doesn’t share the same addictive properties as… “ | “上瘾的机会没有” |
[04:02] | ” Bizarrely categorizes it as… ” And… I quit. | “奇怪地被分类为” 我要辞职 |
[04:06] | – Let’s go. – Is she kidding me with this? | -我们走吧 -她在开我玩笑吗? |
[04:08] | – When did it happen? – She just finished. Talk me through this. | -这是什么时候发生的事? -她刚刚才下线,跟我好好解释一下 |
[04:11] | These people got a story. They called AP already. Carol, get me the wires. | 这些人有故事可写,他们已经打给 美联社了,卡萝,帮我联络他们 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 |
[04:15] | It’s too late for the Times and Post, but L.A. and San Francisco’ll have it. | 《纽约时报》跟《华盛顿邮报》 已经赶不及 制片:劳伦斯欧唐尼尔二世 但是洛杉矶跟旧金山会登出来 |
[04:19] | It’ll be above the fold. The Today Show’ll lead with it. Russert will do a segment. | 这一定会是头条新闻 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 《今日秀》会用它作开头 鲁瑟特会借题发挥 |
[04:23] | – Toby! – Guys, I’m in the Blue Ribbon meeting. | -托比 -大伙们,我与蓝缎带委员会开会 |
[04:26] | I got labor yelling at me. I got a situation developing. | 有劳工对我大叫 这里的气氛很激动 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[04:29] | We’ve got a situation developing here. | 我们这里也出事了 |
[04:31] | – What? – Read that. | -念吧 -第八页 |
[04:32] | – Page eight. Why didn’t you call me? – While it was happening? | -你为什么不打电话给我? -你是指事发的时候吗? |
[04:35] | – So you could do what? – When did it happen? | 编剧:艾伦索金 -你打算怎么办? -这是什么时候的事? |
[04:38] | She finished about 5 or 10 minutes ago. | 她在五到十分钟前下线 |
[04:40] | You saw it happen? Why didn’t you get me? | 你亲眼看到了吗? 你为什么不联络我? |
[04:42] | – What would you do? – End it. | 导演:麦可恩格勒 -你打算怎么做? -结束它 |
[04:44] | – How? – By ending it. | -怎么做? -就是结束它 |
[04:46] | – Listen, something’s happened. – We know. | -听着,出事了 -我们知道 |
[04:48] | – How? – Josh was watching it in real time. | -怎么会? -乔西目睹实况 |
[04:50] | I’m not gonna belay into the computer screen. | 我不能在电脑银幕上阻止她 |
[04:52] | – What are you talking about? – Surgeon general. You? | -你在胡说什么? -卫生署长的事,你呢? |
[04:55] | – Never mind. What did she do? – Reversed our position on marijuana. | -那不重要,她做了什么? -她逆转了我们对大麻的态度 |
[04:58] | All right, what time is it in Tokyo? | 好吧,东京现在是几点? |
[05:00] | – They’re 14 hours ahead. – I thought 13. | -他们比我们早十四个小时 -我还以为是十三个小时 |
[05:02] | – Eastern Daylight. – So it’s 14 hours ahead? | -东部日光时间 -所以他们早了十四个小时? |
[05:04] | – We’re sure it’s ahead, not behind? – Guys, there are clocks on the wall. | -你们确定是早不是晚吗? -大伙们,墙上有时钟 |
[05:10] | – Okay, so it’s almost 11:00 in Tokyo. – Yes. | -好吧,在东京已经快十一点了 -对 |
[05:13] | – Ginger. Get Larry and Ed. – Anybody in my office. | -金洁,通知赖瑞跟艾德 -大家都到我办公室来 |
[05:15] | We’ll be in the Roosevelt Room. | 我们会在罗斯福室 |
[05:17] | Sorry, 11 in the morning, 11 in the afternoon? | 抱歉,是早上十一点 还是晚上十一点? |
[05:19] | It’s 11 a.m. | 是早上十一点 |
[05:21] | – The Allman Brothers? – Keep reading. | -欧曼兄弟乐团? -继续看 |
[05:23] | If it’s not a story until tomorrow morning, they’ll have it tomorrow night. | 如果它不是明天早报的头条 到了晚上它一定会上新闻 |
[05:26] | – We bought a day. – Two days. | -我们有一天的时间 -是两天 |
[05:28] | – How? – Plane ride. | -怎么说? -飞机的行程 |
[05:29] | – When’s he leave? – 7 p.m. Thursday. | -他什么时候出发? -星期四晚上七点 |
[05:31] | – Tomorrow? Local time? – Which, theirs or ours? | -明天的当地时间吗? -他们的还是我们的当地时间? |
[05:33] | It will be 7 p.m. Thursday in Japan when he leaves. | 他离开时应该是 东京星期四晚上七点 |
[05:36] | And he lands here when? | 他几点会在这里降落? |
[05:40] | – The flight is 13 hours long. – This isn’t happening. | -航程是十三个小时 -这是不可能的 |
[05:43] | He’ll travel eastward from Tokyo, leaving at 7 p.m. | 他会从东京往东飞 在晚上七点出发 |
[05:46] | When he crosses the International Date Line… | 当他越过国际换日线 |
[05:48] | – He’ll travel back in time to what? – 3 a.m. | -他会回到几点? -早上三点 |
[05:50] | Which puts him in Washington 6 p.m. Thursday. | 所以他会在星期四 晚上六点抵达华盛顿 |
[05:52] | He’s gonna land in Washington an hour before he took off? | 他会比出发时间 早一小时回到华盛顿? |
[05:56] | That story doesn’t beat the surgeon general? | 这个故事不是有趣过 卫生署长的故事吗? |
[05:58] | Toby, they’re calling for you over there. | 托比,他们要你过去 |
[06:00] | I’m gonna go get yelled at some more. Josh, get Leo. | 他们会继续对我大叫 乔西,去通知里奥 |
[06:03] | – Call Tokyo. – Yeah. | -打电话到东京 -是的 |
[06:06] | – Carol’s got the wires. – Thanks. | -卡萝联络到美联社了 -谢谢 |
[06:08] | – Those clocks should be in military time. – Yeah, because that’s less confusing. | -那些时钟应该用军事时间 -没错,那样子大家就不会迷糊了 |
[06:12] | The man’s gone 150 hours. How can it be Thursday the whole time? | 他离开了一百五十个小时 为什么一直都是星期四? |
[06:16] | Listen, Japan is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time… | 听着,东京比 格林威治标准时间早九小时 |
[06:20] | – Don’t. – Sophie, this is Donna Moss. | -不要 -苏菲,这位是唐娜摩斯 |
[06:22] | – Locate the chief of staff. – What were you talking about before? | -去通知幕僚长 -刚刚你到底在说什么? |
[06:25] | I’ve been told by someone I believe that a full-page ad… | 有个我信赖的人告诉我 家庭价值领袖协会 |
[06:28] | …taken out by the Family Values Leadership Council… | 会刊登全版广告 |
[06:30] | …is going to appear in 22 newspapers tomorrow. | 明天会在二十二家报纸上登出来 |
[06:32] | It lists many prominent people and congratulates them… | 上面列出许多杰出人士 并恭喜他们 |
[06:35] | …for denouncing the movie Prince of New York. | 谴责电影《纽约王子》 |
[06:38] | – So, what’s the problem? – They congratulate the president. | -那有什么问题? -他们恭喜总统 |
[06:41] | The president denounced it? Then how can they run that? | -总统谴责了它? -不 -他们为什么要登那则广告? |
[06:44] | I have no idea. But I don’t like who we’re being congratulated by. | -我不知道 但我不喜欢 恭喜我们的人 |
[06:47] | – Josh. – Yeah. | -乔西 -什么事? |
[06:50] | Yeah, Leo, we got a couple of problems here. | 里奥,我们这里出了一些问题 <星期四> |
[07:11] | – I’m here. – Thanks. | -我来了 -谢谢 |
[07:14] | – We’re doing this again? – Yeah. | -我们又要来一次? -对 |
[07:16] | Because I just got you off that little bellman’s thing. | 因为我刚刚才帮你 解决传达员的事 |
[07:19] | Here’s my problem. | 我有个问题 |
[07:21] | AARP and AFL-CIO want the president to put Seth Gillette on the commission. | 美国退休人协会跟全美总工会要求总统 让赛斯葛利特进入委员会 |
[07:25] | It’s important to them, so it’s gotta be important to us. | 这对他们来说很重要 所以对我们来说也很重要 |
[07:28] | – There’s another reason. – It neutralizes him. | -应该有其他的原因 -这能让他的立场中立 |
[07:30] | – He can’t attack it if he’s on it. – Which is why if we ask, he’ll say no. | -就算他置身事中也无法发动攻击 -所以只要我们一开口,他就会拒绝 |
[07:34] | – Maybe, maybe not. – We can’t risk that. | -或许会,或许不会 -我们不能冒那个险 |
[07:36] | We need him on the commission… | 我们需要他进入委员会 |
[07:37] | …or labor and seniors’ll be suspicious from the get-go. | 不然劳工跟老年人 会怀疑我们的动机 |
[07:40] | If he’s not on it, it can’t be because he turned us down. | 如果他没有加入 不能是因为他拒绝了我们 |
[07:43] | Either we get him on, or if we don’t… | 不论我们是接受他 或是拒绝他 |
[07:45] | …we make sure it’s because we never asked him. | 我们得确定 那是因为我们没有开口邀请他 |
[07:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:50] | – Sam, he’s on the phone. – Thanks. | -山姆,他在线上 -谢谢 |
[07:53] | – I don’t know the answer to that. – Okay. Well, thanks for stopping by. | -我不知道该怎么回答 -好吧,谢谢你赶过来 |
[07:57] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:03] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[08:08] | Yeah, listen. | 对,听我说 |
[08:09] | Did you have a phone conversation with a movie producer named Morgan Ross? | 你跟名叫摩根罗斯的 电影制片通过电话吗? |
[08:13] | – Yeah, last week. – Can you tell me about that conversation? | -对,上星期 -你们谈了什么? |
[08:16] | – He’s got a movie coming out. – Prince of New York. | -他有部电影要上映 -《纽约王子》 |
[08:19] | They wanted to screen it at the White House. | 他们想在白宫播放它 |
[08:21] | What did you say? | 你怎么回答? |
[08:23] | They sent me the print, and I looked at it. | 他们寄了拷贝来给我 我先看过了 |
[08:25] | – And you passed? – Yeah. | -你没有答应他们? -对 |
[08:28] | – Was the president involved in that at all? – No. He lets me choose the movies. | -总统有涉入此事吗? -没有,他让我选电影 |
[08:32] | I just didn’t think he’d like it, so I got Dial M for Murder instead. Sam? | 我只是觉得他不会喜欢 所以我选了《电话情杀案》,山姆? |
[08:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:40] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:42] | Well, there’d be fallout from women voters and I’m pretty sure the AMA… | 这会影响到女性选票 我相信美国医学会 |
[08:46] | …to say nothing of the first lady. | 不会反对第一夫人 |
[08:48] | – Yeah. – Leo? | -对 -里奥? |
[08:50] | I got nine people on a conference call at several points of longitude. | 有九个人从不同时区 跟我做电话会谈 |
[08:54] | – When’s your first briefing? – An hour. | -第一次简报是什么时候? -一小时内 |
[08:55] | Can you support the surgeon general without supporting her policy? | 你能支持卫生署长 但不支持她的政策吗? |
[08:59] | – Show me. – Try me. | -怎样做? -试试看 |
[09:00] | Did you know Dr. Griffith would criticize the administration’s drug policy? | 茜洁,你知道葛瑞菲斯医生 会批评当局的毒品政策吗? |
[09:05] | I don’t agree with your characterization of her comments. | 我不同意 你对她的意见加上标签 |
[09:07] | She expressed her opinion about the health effects of illegal drugs. | 她表达了 自己对违法药物对健康影响的看法 |
[09:11] | She called for the legalization of marijuana. Does the president agree? | 她要求将大麻合法化 总统同意吗? |
[09:14] | Wrong again, and I’d refer you to her comments. | 你又错了 我要跟你谈谈她的意见 |
[09:17] | When asked if marijuana should be legalized, she said: | 当被问到大麻是否应该合法化时 她说: |
[09:20] | ” It’s not for me to say. ” She’s right, and it’s important people understand this. | “这由不得我来决定” 她说的对,人们必须了解这一点 |
[09:24] | She is not a lawmaker. She doesn’t set drug policy. The president does. | 她不是立法者,她没有 制定毒品政策,制定政策的人是总统 |
[09:28] | And the president is 100 percent against legalizing drugs, including marijuana. | 总统百分之百反对毒品合法化 包括大麻在内 |
[09:32] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:35] | Leo, I can take it to the next step. | 里奥,我要采取下一步 |
[09:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:48] | – Leo wants me to show her support? – Yeah. | -里奥要我支持她? -对 |
[09:50] | – Josh? – Yeah. | 乔西,当我支持她的时候 |
[09:52] | While I’m showing her support, what are you showing her? | 你会做什么? |
[09:55] | The door. | 解雇她 |
[10:02] | – Good morning. – C.J.! | -早安 -茜洁! |
[10:04] | Hang on. Katie? | 等一下,凯蒂? |
[10:05] | Did you know the surgeon general would criticize the drug policy last night? | 你知道卫生署长 昨晚会批评毒品政策吗? |
[10:09] | I disagree with your characterization of her comments. | 我不同意 你对她的意见加上标签 |
[10:12] | She expressed her opinion about the health effects of certain illegal drugs. | 她表达了 自己对违法药物对健康影响的看法 |
[10:16] | I’m sorry, but didn’t she say that she…? | 对不起,她不是说她? |
[10:19] | Actually, what she said, and I quote, is that there’s been no conclusive study…. | 事实上,她说了,我在这里引述她的话 没有研究显示 |
[10:23] | Josh? | 乔西? |
[10:25] | Dr. Griffith. | 葛瑞菲斯医生 |
[10:28] | You wanna come in? | 你要进来吗? |
[10:30] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:32] | – How have you been feeling? – I’ve been feeling fine. | -你还好吧? -我一直都很好 |
[10:35] | Checking your blood pressure once a week? | 你每周有量一次血压吗? |
[10:37] | Yeah, 130/87. | 有,130/87 |
[10:40] | It’s a little high. What about the right leg and arm? | 有点高 你的右脚跟右手呢? |
[10:43] | There’s a little stiffness. | 有点僵硬 |
[10:45] | Yeah. You know, the guys at GW did a fantastic job. It’s a beautiful scar. | 对,乔治华盛顿大学医院的医生 表现的很好,伤口愈合的很棒 |
[10:51] | – When have you seen my scar? – At the hospital. | -你什么时候看过我的伤口? -你在医院里的时候 |
[10:54] | – I don’t remember. – You were unconscious. | -我不记得了 -当时你昏迷不醒 |
[10:56] | – How about your back? – There’s some pain. | -你的背还好吧? -有点痛 |
[10:59] | – It’s in your head. – Along with all manner of things. | -你操心太多事了 -因为我要应付的事很多 |
[11:02] | You know, Josh, just because the white supremacists didn’t kill you… | 乔西,只因为 白人种族优越者没有杀死你 |
[11:05] | – … doesn’t mean that crap you eat won’t. – I eat fine. | -不代表你吃的东西不会害死你 -我吃的很健康 |
[11:08] | You eat like you’re still in college. | 你的饮食习惯跟念大学时一样 |
[11:10] | – I was in great shape in college. – You were 19. | -我念大学时身材很好 -那时你才十九岁 |
[11:13] | You could eat Tupperware and deal with it. | 你可以吃冷冻食品 身体可以应付得来 |
[11:15] | Millicent, what were you thinking about? | 米丽森,你当时到底在想什么? |
[11:19] | – I was asked a question, Josh. – I understand, but your answers… | -我被问了一个问题,乔西 -我了解,但你的回答 |
[11:23] | My answers were correct, is anyone challenging me on the facts? | 我的回答很正确 有人要跟我辩论事实吗? |
[11:26] | – Not yet. – Well, they won’t. | -到目前为止还没有 -没有人会那么做 |
[11:28] | As a doctor, I have an obligation to tell the truth. | 身为医生 我有义务说出真相 |
[11:32] | Come to think of it, as a person, I have that obligation as well. | 好好想一想,身为一个人 我也有那样的义务 |
[11:35] | The truth is different if you’re a GP or a member of the Stanford Faculty Club… | 你是卫生署长 或史丹福医学中心的成员 |
[11:39] | …than if you’re the country’s chief medical practitioner. | 跟你是名医 看事情的眼光会不一样 |
[11:42] | Well, no, I think truth is pretty much truth across the board… | 不,我想走到哪里真相都一样 |
[11:45] | …never more so than if you’re the country’s chief medical practitioner. | 即使你是国内的名医 |
[11:49] | Did you know that 69 percent of Americans oppose legalization? | 你知道六成九的美国人 反对合法化吗? |
[11:53] | Only 23 percent support it. | 只有两成三的人支持它 |
[11:55] | The number gets a lot higher than that if you ask people under 30. | 如果你问三十岁以下的民众 支持率会大幅升高 |
[11:58] | That’s a shock. The number gets even higher… | 那真的很惊人 支持的人还会增加 |
[12:01] | …if you limit the polling sample to Bob Marley and the Wailers. | 如果你将民调抽样样本 限制在巴布马利跟哭泣者乐团之间 |
[12:05] | I mention that age group because an awful lot of them seem to be in prison. | 我会提到那年龄组别 因为他们很多人都被关进牢里 |
[12:10] | Is that what this is about? The criminal justice system is not your jurisdiction! | 这就是原因吗? 刑事司法制度不是你的管辖范围! |
[12:14] | – I wasn’t commenting on it. – Millicent! | -我没有批评它 -米丽森! |
[12:16] | – I wasn’t commenting on it! – “Yet bizarrely… | -我没有批评它! -“但奇怪的是 |
[12:19] | …the law categorizes it as a Schedule 1 narcotic. “ | 法律将它归类为 一级麻醉药品” |
[12:22] | I was commenting on medicine. | 我是在批评医药 |
[12:27] | I’ve had three conversations with Leo McGarry in the last 12 hours. | 过去十二小时以来 我跟里奥马加瑞谈了三次 |
[12:32] | – The reason I’m here… – I’m not a politician… | -我会来这里是因为 -我不是政客 |
[12:34] | …but it’s not like I haven’t lived here two years. | 但我在这里待了两年 |
[12:37] | C.J. ‘s up there right now giving you our support. | 茜洁现正在给与你我们的支持 |
[12:40] | I’m sorry, but we need you to resign. | 对不起,但我们要你辞职 |
[12:47] | No. | 不 |
[12:50] | Dr. Griffith, I say this with all possible respect… | 葛瑞菲斯医生 我对你非常尊重 |
[12:55] | …but you serve at the pleasure of the president. | 但你得照总统的意思做事 |
[12:59] | And I’ll continue to right up until the moment he fires me. | 除非他开除我 不然我会一直做下去 |
[13:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:11] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢你 |
[13:13] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[13:16] | See the doctor, get a lollipop. | 看医生可以拿到棒棒糖 |
[13:25] | The fact that the president disagrees with her doesn’t mean he’s gonna fire her. | 总统不赞同她的看法 不代表他会开除她 |
[13:29] | The surgeon general’s an executive appointee… | 卫生署长是行政官员 |
[13:31] | – … and the president stands by his staff. – Excellent. | -总统会支持他的手下 -太棒了 |
[13:34] | C. J., shifting gears, there’s a full-page ad that appears in today’s Times. | 茜洁,改变话题 今天的《纽约时报》上有个全版广告 |
[13:39] | I’ve been told it might’ve appeared in 22 papers this morning. | 我听说今天早上 会有二十二家报纸登出这则广告 |
[13:42] | The ad was taken out by the Family Values Leadership Council… | 登广告的单位 是家庭价值领袖协会 |
[13:45] | …and praises the president for denouncing a movie… | 他们歌颂总统谴责 |
[13:48] | …opening next week, Prince of New York. | 将在下星期上映的电影 《纽约王子》 |
[13:50] | – Yes. – You know anything about it? | -对 -你知道这件事吗? |
[13:52] | No, I don’t know what’s going on there. | 不,我不知道这是怎么一回事 |
[13:54] | – The president didn’t denounce it? – Not unless he did it in the shower. | -总统没有谴责它? -除非他是边洗澡边谴责它 |
[13:58] | He hasn’t denounced it to me or to the public. | 他没有对我 或公开谴责它 |
[14:00] | That’s all. I’ll see you this afternoon. | 就这样,今天下午见 |
[14:03] | – Sam’s here. – Thank you. | -山姆来了 -谢谢 |
[14:05] | – Good job. – Tell me what’s going on with this movie. | -做的好 -告诉我那部电影是怎么一回事 |
[14:08] | – It’s called Prince of New York. – Right. | -它叫做《纽约王子》 -对 |
[14:09] | – There’s been controversy. – Sex and violence? | -它引起争议 -跟性与暴力有关? |
[14:12] | And religious imagery. Religious groups are organizing boycotts. | 还有宗教比喻 宗教团体会发起抵制行动 |
[14:16] | The studio phones Charlie because they want a screening. He passes. | 片厂打电话给查理 他们想在白宫里播这部电影,他拒绝了 |
[14:19] | – Why? – Because he did. | -为什么? -因为他拒绝了 |
[14:21] | The producer goes on Imus and says Bartlet’s a coward… | 制片上了《早安艾玛斯》 说巴特勒是个懦夫 |
[14:24] | …who’s siding with censors and that he’s no friend of the First Amendment. | 他附和审查者的说法 违背了第一修正案 |
[14:28] | The Family Values Leadership Council took out an ad congratulating us for that? | 家庭价值领袖协会 因此登广告恭喜我们? |
[14:33] | – Yeah. – Seriously, I quit. | -对 -说真的,我不干了 |
[14:36] | – Here it is: We’ve got these people… – Wait. | -这是重点,这些人 -等一下 |
[14:39] | – We’ve got the industry people. – It’s Morgan Ross’ movie? | -我们获得工业界的支持 -那是摩根罗斯的电影? |
[14:42] | – Yes. We’ve got these… – Morgan Ross went on Imus? | -对,我们获得这些 -摩根罗斯上了《早安艾玛斯》? |
[14:44] | – He did it by phone. – He called the president a coward? | -他做了电话访问 -他说总统是懦夫? |
[14:47] | He didn’t call him a coward as much as he called him cowardly. | 他没有骂他是懦夫 他只是说他很懦弱 |
[14:50] | – Which is different. – How? | -那是不同的 -怎么说? |
[14:52] | – It’s not, but still. – I’ll crush him. | -没有不同,但始终 -我会打败他 |
[14:54] | This guy’s trying to get free media by screwing with us. | 这家伙想打击我们 借此作免费宣传 |
[14:57] | I’m the enforcer, Sam. I’m gonna crush him. | 我是发言人,山姆 我会击垮他的 |
[15:00] | I’ll make him cry and then I’ll tell his mama about it. | 我会让他放声痛哭 然后再跟他妈妈告状 |
[15:03] | – You won’t make him cry. – You wanna watch me make him cry? | -你没办法让他哭 -你想看我让他哭吗? |
[15:06] | I believe you can make him cry. I’m saying you won’t do it. | 我相信你可以让他哭 我是说你不会那么做 |
[15:10] | I’m trying to tell you, we’re meeting with them tomorrow. | 我是要告诉你 明天我们会跟他们见面 |
[15:13] | I’ll straighten it out. Keep telling the press you don’t know anything. | 我会把事情说清楚 继续告诉媒体你什么都不知道 |
[15:16] | – That shouldn’t be a problem. – C.J., Danny Concannon’s on the phone. | -那应该不会是问题 -茜洁,丹尼康可南在线上 |
[15:20] | – And I think you should take it. – Why? | -我想你应该去接电话 -为什么? |
[15:22] | He wants the president’s reaction to a comment made about Millicent Griffith. | 他想知道总统对关于 米丽森葛瑞菲斯的评论有什么反应 |
[15:25] | – Who made the comment? – That’s the thing. It was Eleanor. | -谁做了评论? -那就是重点,是伊莲诺 |
[15:29] | – Eleanor who? – It was Eleanor Bartlet. | -哪个伊莲诺? -伊莲诺巴特勒 |
[15:37] | Hey, it’s C.J. | 我是茜洁 |
[15:40] | Toby, we understand your predicament… | 托比,我们了解你的处境 |
[15:42] | …but the commission won’t be credible with our people… | 但委员会无法 获得他们的信任 |
[15:44] | …unless they know there’s someone on it who’s a friend of labor. | 除非他们知道 委员会里有劳工的朋友 |
[15:47] | And a friend of seniors. | 跟老年人的朋友 |
[15:49] | The president’s a friend of labor, seniors, small animals. | 总统是劳工 老年人跟小动物的朋友 |
[15:52] | – Toby. – I’m running out of time, Lenny. | -托比 -我没有时间了,朗尼 |
[15:54] | We announced this at the State of the Union. We gotta get going. | 我们在国情咨文上说过 就这么做吧 |
[15:57] | The State of the Union’s your problem. | 国情咨文是你们的问题 |
[15:59] | – Nobody brought us in. – Yes. | -没有人提到我们 -对 |
[16:01] | And I, for one, am not sure I see a need for emergency-like speed. | 像我就不确定 我们是不是需要这么急 |
[16:04] | – Really? – If economic conditions continue… | -真的吗? -如果经济情况继续 |
[16:07] | Forever? If we never have another recession ever again? | 永远吗? 如果不会再出现不景气? |
[16:09] | The fund can withstand 30 years before going bankrupt. | 公债会撑上三十年 才会倒闭 |
[16:12] | Unfortunately, the actuarial tables say I won’t be dead yet. | 不幸的是 |
[16:18] | Guys, Gillette’s a tough needle to thread. | 现实情况显示我能再撑下去 大伙们,葛利特是背上的一根针 |
[16:23] | I wanna know that we have your trust, that whoever we do get… | 我想知道我们能获得你们的信任 不论我们找了谁 |
[16:26] | …will look out for your interests, and that you will support the commission. | 他都会保护你们的利益 你们会支持委员会 |
[16:32] | Can I assume from your total silence and blank faces that you’re all with me? | 我能说你们沉默不语 扳起臭脸是同意我的说法吗? |
[16:37] | – Maybe if we talk some more. – Oh, could we? | -或许我们该再谈一谈 -是吗? |
[16:40] | – C.J., listen. – She didn’t? | -茜洁,听着 -她没有吗? |
[16:43] | No. Leo’s gonna need to talk to her. | 不,里奥得跟她谈一谈 |
[16:44] | You should start to walk back some of what you said in the Press Room. | 你应该开始 修正你在媒体室说的话 |
[16:48] | There’s something stickier than the support I gave her. | 这比要我支持她更麻烦 |
[16:51] | – What? – Concannon’s quoting Eleanor Bartlet. | -什么? -康可南引述伊莲诺巴特勒的话 |
[16:54] | She said, ” My father won’t fire the surgeon general. He’d never do that. “ | 她说: “我父亲不会开除 卫生署长,他永远都不会那么做” |
[16:57] | – Eleanor? – Yeah. | -伊莲诺? -对 |
[16:59] | – You mean Zoey. – No, it was Eleanor. | -你是指柔依 -不,是伊莲诺 |
[17:07] | They’re trying to export their way out of their own economic problems. | 他们用出口货物 解决自己的经济问题 |
[17:10] | – Yes, sir. – By dumping cheap steel on the U.S… | 将便宜的钢铁卖给美国 |
[17:13] | – … you know what they want? – A protectionist response. | 你知道他们要什么吗? |
[17:15] | They’re begging for a protectionist response. | -保护主义者的反应 -他们希望保护主义者会有反应 |
[17:18] | Steel and mining employ 170,000 workers. | 钢铁业跟矿业 雇用十七万名员工 |
[17:21] | They won’t sit around while discount steel comes flying in from… | 他们不会坐着看 便宜的钢铁运进来 |
[17:24] | How you doing? They’ll want retaliatory tariffs, and you know what that means? | 你好吗?他们希望有报复性关税 你了解那是什么意思吗? |
[17:28] | A return to Smoot-Hawley and the Great Depression. | 回到哈利法案 跟经济大萧条 |
[17:31] | You should go to Japan and tell them that. | 你应该到日本跟他们谈 |
[17:33] | – Charlie. – Sir. | -查理 -长官 |
[17:36] | I’m walking to the press and telling them retaliatory tariffs… | 我正要去 告诉媒体报复性关税 |
[17:40] | …are gonna cost American taxpayers $800,000 for every job saved. | 将会导致每留下一份工作 美国纳税人就得付出八十万 |
[17:44] | We’re not taking questions. Let’s get in the car. | 我们不接受发问 上车吧 |
[17:46] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事? |
[17:48] | Eleanor made a comment on the record, and you can’t answer questions. | 伊莲诺发表了正式的评论 你不能回答问题 |
[17:51] | – Eleanor? You mean Zoey. – It was Eleanor. | -伊莲诺?你是指柔依吧 -是伊莲诺 |
[17:55] | – When did this happen? – About six hours ago. | -那是什么时候的事? -大约六小时前 |
[17:58] | Why didn’t you tell me six hours ago? | 六小时前你为什么没有告诉我? |
[18:00] | Because I didn’t want you crash-landing the plane. Let’s get in the car. | 因为我不希望你的飞机紧急降落 上车吧 |
[18:05] | Welcome back, Mr. President. | 欢迎你回来,总统先生 |
[18:19] | Josh, is there anything to suggest there are people who would smoke pot… | 乔西,有任何证据 能证明有些人会在大麻合法化后 |
[18:23] | – … but don’t because it’s illegal? – No. | -开始抽大麻吗? -没有 |
[18:25] | Why do you think if it were decriminalized… | 你为什么会认为 如果它是合法的 |
[18:27] | …suddenly people would show up to work stoned… | 突然间大家会 抽完大麻再去上班 |
[18:29] | …dragging down the economy and clearing stores of Pringles and Twinkies? | 经济会被拖垮 零食糖果公司的零食会给扫清光? |
[18:33] | That’s not a reason to make it legal. | 那不是让它合法的理由 |
[18:35] | In a free society, you need a reason to make something illegal, not legal. | 在自由社会里,你需要理由 去介定某东西违法,不是合法 |
[18:39] | Parents are keeping drugs away from their kids with a whip and chair. | 父母绑着孩子 不希望他们碰毒品 |
[18:43] | – It doesn’t help if… – Yeah. | -那没有帮助,如果 -对 |
[18:44] | Oh, that’s okay. It’s just me talking. | 没关系,只是我在说话罢了 |
[18:46] | The president’s back. | 总统回来了 |
[18:48] | – Does he wanna see me? – Yeah. | -他要见我吗? -对 |
[18:55] | – Welcome back. – Thank you. | -欢迎你回来 -谢谢 |
[18:56] | – I’ve had it, C.J. I’ve absolutely had it! – Sir… | -我真的受够了,茜洁 -长官 |
[18:59] | What is Danny Concannon doing calling my kids? | 丹尼康可南 打电话给我的孩子做什么? |
[19:01] | They all know better, but Danny… | 他们都很清楚,但是丹尼 |
[19:04] | – Sir, he didn’t… – You’re gonna suspend his credentials… | -长官,他没有 -你得吊销他的证件 |
[19:07] | …for six months, and I don’t care! | 六个月,我不在乎! |
[19:09] | His paper wants to cover me, send someone else. | 他的报社要来采访我 派别人来 |
[19:11] | Mr. President, Danny didn’t call her. | 总统先生,丹尼没有打电话给她 |
[19:14] | – I was told it was Danny. – Yes, sir, she called him. | 我听说是丹尼 是的,长官,她打电话给他 |
[19:22] | She called him? | 她打电话给他? |
[19:30] | Good evening, welcome back, Mr. President. | 晚安,欢迎你回来 总统先生 |
[19:36] | The Allman Brothers, Josh? | 欧曼兄弟乐团,乔西? |
[19:40] | How was the flight, sir? | 一路还平安吗?长官 |
[19:43] | Tokyo is willing to show economic restraint… | 东京愿意进行经济限制 |
[19:46] | …in exchange for a good-fielding shortstop and a left-handed reliever. | 以交换一位高明的游击手 跟一位用左手的替补投手 |
[19:51] | Who’s against her so far? | 到目前为止,谁反对她? |
[19:53] | The Judiciary Committee, Government Reform and Oversight, Appropriations… | 司法委员会,政府改革监督委员会 拨款委员会 |
[19:57] | – Why Appropriations? – They control her budget. | -拨款委员会? -他们控制了她的预算 |
[20:00] | – Who’s coming to her defense? – The Cannabis Society… | -谁替她辩护? -大麻协会 |
[20:03] | …the Cannabis Coalition, E Cannabis Unum… | 大麻同盟、东岸大麻组织 |
[20:06] | …The American Hemp League and Friends of Mary Jane. | 美国大麻联盟跟大麻之友 |
[20:10] | – Sir? – Yeah. | -长官? -什么事? |
[20:11] | – Sam’s waiting to see you. – I understand I’ve been congratulated… | -山姆想见你 -我知道有人恭喜我 |
[20:15] | …for denouncing a movie I’ve never heard of. | 谴责一部 我从来没看过的电影 |
[20:17] | – Yes. – I’ve gotta hand it to you. | -对 -你们真的很利害 |
[20:19] | You pulled off a political first. You won me the support of the Christian right… | 你先得到政治优势 然后在同一天让我得到了 |
[20:23] | …and the Cheech and Chong Fan Club in the same day. | 基督徒右翼组织 跟齐张影迷俱乐部的支持 |
[20:27] | Leo’s seeing her tomorrow. | 里奥明天会跟她见面 |
[20:29] | – Anything else? – No, sir. | -还有别的事吗? -没事了 |
[20:31] | – Thank you. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢你 -谢谢总统先生 |
[20:36] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[20:39] | Would you arrange for my middle daughter to come see me… | 你能安排我二女儿 |
[20:42] | – … at her earliest possible convenience? – Yes, sir. | -一有空就来见我吗? -是的,长官 |
[20:46] | Screw her convenience. Get her ass down here. | 别管她有没有空 叫她马上过来 <星期五> |
[21:10] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[21:13] | – What’s this note? – That note? | -这张字条是怎么一回事? |
[21:14] | Yeah. | -那张字条? |
[21:16] | It says we should stand by the surgeon general. | 上面说我们应该支持 卫生署长 |
[21:18] | Actually, it says we should stand by the “sturgeon” general. | 事实上,上面说我们应该支持 “鲟鱼”署长 |
[21:21] | – Does it? – Yeah. | -是吗? -对 |
[21:23] | – I meant surgeon general. – I think we should stand by her too. | -我是指卫生署长 -我想我们也该支持她 |
[21:26] | I wanted to make sure we were agreed smoked whitefish was on its own. | 我想确定我们都同意 �`白鱼不会得到我们的支持 |
[21:30] | – Yeah. – Toby? | -对 -托比? |
[21:31] | – She’s here? – In the lobby. | -她来了吗? -她在大厅里 |
[21:34] | – You’re with the ratings people? – Soon. What’s the food for? | -你要跟民调公司的人见面? -很快就会,你干嘛准备食物? |
[21:38] | – Today’s attempt at insuring our future. – What’s your plan? | -今天的努力是为了确保明天的幸福 -你有什么计划? |
[21:41] | First, I have to be nice to a liberal Democratic congresswoman. | 首先我得善待 自由派的民主党国会女议员 |
[21:44] | – Will that be hard? – Well, it was when I was married to her. | -那会很难吗? -我跟她结婚时的确很难 |
[21:48] | – Hey. – Good to see you. Thanks for coming. | -嘿 -很高兴能见到你,谢谢你赶过来 |
[21:50] | You look fantastic. | 你看起来棒极了 |
[21:52] | – Thank you. How’ve you been, Sam? – Sam’s great. | -谢谢,你好吗?山姆 -山姆很好 |
[21:55] | Fit as a fiddle, Andy. Although, I found… | 好的不得了,安迪 虽然我发现 |
[21:58] | Nobody cares. | 没有人在乎 |
[21:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:02] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[22:04] | – How you doing? – Congresswoman Wyatt. | -你好吗? -国会女议员惠特 |
[22:07] | – Yes, indeed. – You’re growing into that title nicely. | -是的 -你非常适合那样的头衔 |
[22:11] | This is going someplace hysterical. | 你想告诉我一些好笑的事吗? |
[22:13] | Yeah. Labor wants Gillette on the commission. | 对,劳工要葛利特 加入委员会 |
[22:17] | – Yes. – So does the AARP. | -对 -全美总工会也是 |
[22:19] | – Yes. – It’s important. | -对 -那很重要 |
[22:20] | – Yes. – You know why? | -对 -你知道为什么吗? |
[22:21] | They’re suspicious of the commission… | 他们质疑委员会 |
[22:23] | …and want one of their people protecting them. | 想安排能保护他们的人 |
[22:26] | We’re one of their people. | 我们就是他们的人 |
[22:28] | Has it been easy convincing them of that since you announced the commission? | 自从你们宣布组成委员会后 要说服他们那一点很简单吗? |
[22:32] | No. But I bring you here. And we sit and we have coffee… | 不,但我请你到这里来 我们坐下来喝咖啡 |
[22:37] | …and we have Danish in the hope that calmer… | 我们吃着丹麦面包 希望能在宁静的气氛下 |
[22:39] | – … and, dare I say, prettier heads prevail. – How I miss patronizing, sexist Toby. | -请容我这么说,美丽的人是占优势的 -我好想念既支持我又很性感的托比 |
[22:43] | I was referring to myself. | 我是指我自己 |
[22:46] | – You don’t wanna ask Gillette. – Nope. | -你们不会去问葛利特 -对 |
[22:48] | – Because you think he might say no. – Right. | -因为你们认为他会拒绝 -对 |
[22:50] | This is really important, Andy. Can you help us? | 这真的很重要,安迪 你能帮助我们吗? |
[22:54] | No. | 不 |
[22:57] | Toby? | 托比? |
[22:58] | Close the door. | 把门关上 |
[23:03] | Put the Danish down. | 放下丹麦面包 |
[23:05] | – Dial M? – Yeah. | -《电话情杀案》? -对 |
[23:06] | – A fine film. – I know it well. | -那是部好电影 -我知道那部电影 |
[23:08] | Ray Milland, Grace Kelly, Robert Cummings… | 雷米兰,葛丽丝凯莉 罗伯金明斯 |
[23:12] | – He likes when the guy looks for the key. – What was the other one about? | -他喜欢男主角找钥匙那一段 -另一部电影是关于什么的? |
[23:15] | – Prince of New York? – Yeah. | -《纽约王子》吗? -对 |
[23:17] | It’s an updated version of Dostoyevsky’s The Idiot… | 他是杜斯妥也夫斯基的《白痴》 的最新版本 |
[23:20] | …”which tells the story of a Christlike epileptic man who embodies goodness… | “它描述一位具有基督精神 充满善心的碰痫患者 |
[23:24] | …but encounters sex, crime and family dysfunction. “ | 面临了性,犯罪跟家庭失和” |
[23:26] | I can’t imagine why you didn’t think he’d enjoy that. | 我无法想像 你为什么会觉得他会不喜欢 |
[23:29] | He would’ve enjoyed the scene where Prince Myshkin… | 他可能会喜欢 麦希金王子 |
[23:32] | …has a seizure while engaged in an erotic fantasy in a Long Island church. | 在长岛教堂做春梦时 碰痫发作的那一幕 |
[23:36] | Please don’t say the word “erotic” in the Oval Office. | 请不要在椭圆形办公室 提到“春梦”这个字 |
[23:39] | I’d be happy never to say any of those words anywhere again. | 我到任何地方 都不想提那个字 |
[23:42] | John Williams as Chief Inspector Hubbard. | 约翰威廉斯 饰演探长哈巴德 |
[23:44] | – Not to mention… – Excuse me. | -更不用提 -对不起 |
[23:47] | Ellie. | 伊莉 |
[23:49] | I was told my father wanted to see me. | 听说我爸想见我 |
[23:57] | Let me ask you this. Red meat has been found to cause cancer in white rats. | 我想你问一下,红肉被发现 会导致白老鼠得癌症 |
[24:01] | Maraschino cherries have been found to cause cancer in white rats. | 欧洲酸樱桃被发现 会导致白老鼠得癌症 |
[24:05] | Cellular phones were found to cause cancer in white rats. | 行动电话被发现 会导致白老鼠得癌症 |
[24:07] | Has anyone examined the possibility that cancer might be hereditary in white rats? | 有人研究过 或许白老鼠天生就遗传了癌症吗? |
[24:12] | Let me tell you, I’m not 100 percent sure we’ve ruled that out. | 让我来告诉你 我不完全确定我们排除了那个可能性 |
[24:15] | Dr. Griffith. | 葛瑞菲斯医生 |
[24:18] | I’m on. | 我准备好了 |
[24:24] | Congratulations, Millie. | 恭喜你,米丽 |
[24:26] | You’re now the pamphlet girl for every right-wing fundraising cause. | 你现在是右翼组织 募集资金的代言人 |
[24:30] | That interview’s gotta be worth at least 20, 30 million bucks in contributions… | 那次访问至少 募到了两千到三千万 |
[24:34] | …from people who think you’ll distribute dime bags of Hawaiian sens… | 那些人认为你会在国中 |
[24:38] | …at junior high schools, along with condoms and fornication manuals. | 分发夏威夷烟草 还有保险套跟通奸手册 |
[24:42] | Can I say, I was never given a fornication manual, so…. | 我想说我从来没有收到 通奸手册,所以 |
[24:46] | – You think this is funny? – We’re spending a billion dollars a year… | -你觉得那很好笑? -我们一年要花十亿 |
[24:50] | …keeping more than 40,000 people locked up. | 让四万多人进牢 |
[24:52] | – That’s not your… – That’s not my jurisdiction. | -那不是 -那不是我的管辖范围 |
[24:55] | Which is why I didn’t comment on decriminalization. | 所以我没有评论 除罪化的事 |
[24:58] | Six committee chairs, three House, three Senate, are all talking about hearings. | 六位委员长,三位众议员 跟三位参议员都要求开听证会 |
[25:02] | – What will they find? – They don’t need to find anything. | -他们会发现什么? -他们不需要发现任何事 |
[25:05] | They need to say your name and “drugs” as many times as possible on television. | 他们只需要在电视上 尽量提到你的名字跟“毒品” |
[25:10] | I don’t think you said anything wrong. Nobody thinks you did anything wrong. | 我不认为你说错了话 没有人认为你做错了事 |
[25:14] | I’d like to do the right thing all the time, but I can’t. | 我一直都想做出正确的事 但我做不到 |
[25:17] | I can’t let us get bogged down. Government’ll stop. | 我不能让我们被困住 政府会停下脚步 |
[25:19] | This’ll be what we do for two months. There are more important things. | 那会变成我们之后两个月要解决的事 但我们还有更重要的事要做 |
[25:23] | I’ll take heat from the first lady, but I want your resignation by 8 tonight… | 我会挨第一夫人的骂 但我要你在今晚八点辞职 |
[25:27] | …or the president’s gonna fire you. I’ve got a meeting. | 不然总统会开除你 我得去开会了 |
[25:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[25:40] | Zoey said you were thinking about oncology. | 柔依说 你考虑过当肿瘤科医生 |
[25:43] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[25:45] | Zoey said you were thinking about oncology. | 柔依说 你考虑过当肿瘤科医生 |
[25:47] | Yeah, or neurology. | 对,或是神经科 |
[25:52] | – He’s just tied up in his meeting. – I’m fine. | -他还在开会 -我没事 |
[25:55] | – They said he’d be back any minute. – I’m… Good, yeah. | -他们说他随时会回来 -我好吧 |
[26:01] | You like medical school? | 你喜欢医学院? |
[26:03] | I do. | 对 |
[26:05] | I like my professors. | 我喜欢我的教授 |
[26:07] | I have a pathophysiology professor who teaches clinical skills by… | 我有个病理生理学教授 他教的是临床技巧 |
[26:11] | Eagle’s moving. | 老鹰来了 |
[26:12] | Eight hundred thousand dollars in consumer costs per job saved. | 每拯救一份工作 消费者就得付八十万 |
[26:16] | Retaliatory tariffs on steel imports are a disaster. | 进口钢铁报复性关税 是一场大灾难 |
[26:19] | Anyone wants to check my math, they’re more than welcome to. | 我很欢迎 大家来考我的数学能力 |
[26:22] | Anybody wants to shove the Golden Gate Bridge up Japan’s ass… | 谁想把金门大桥 塞进日本人的屁股里 |
[26:26] | – … they’re welcome to do that too. – Mr. President? | -我也很欢迎 -总统先生? |
[26:28] | – Thank you. – Yes, sir. | -谢谢你 -是的,长官 |
[26:32] | – Ellie, thanks for coming. – Hi, Dad. | -伊莉,谢谢你赶过来 -嗨,老爸 |
[26:37] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[26:41] | – Did you get down here okay? – Yeah. | -你到这里来还顺利吧? -是的 |
[26:44] | Did you take an airplane? | 你是搭飞机过来的吗? |
[26:46] | – An airplane? – Yeah. | -飞机? -对 |
[26:48] | – No. – Helicopter? | -不 -直升机? |
[26:50] | No, the agents drove me. | 不,探员开车送我过来 |
[26:51] | That’s because you go to school at Johns Hopkins, right? | 那是因为你在 约翰霍普金斯念书,对吧? |
[26:54] | – Dad. – And Johns Hopkins is in Baltimore. | -爸 -而约翰霍普金斯大学在巴尔的摩 |
[26:58] | I’m asking because Baltimore’s a 45-minute car ride from Washington… | 我会问你是因为从巴尔的摩 开车到华盛顿只要四十五分钟 |
[27:02] | …and we hardly see you anymore. | 但是我们已经很少见到你了 |
[27:04] | So I thought either you transferred to a different medical school… | 我想你不是转到 另一家医学院 |
[27:07] | …they moved Johns Hopkins or they moved Baltimore. | 就是约翰霍普金斯大学 或巴尔的摩搬走了 |
[27:10] | – Are any of those things true? – No. | -那是真的吗? -不 |
[27:12] | Okay. And this is accurate, this quote? | 好吧,这篇报导没有错吧? |
[27:14] | ” My father won’t fire the surgeon general. He would never do that. “ | “我父亲不会开除 卫生署长,他永远都不会那么做” |
[27:21] | Yes. | 对 |
[27:22] | When you put your head down, your hair falls in your face… | 当你低下头 头发盖住了脸 |
[27:25] | …and I can’t see your face or hear you. | 我看不到你的脸 也听不到你的声音 |
[27:28] | Now, look at me and talk to me! | 现在看着我,回答我的问题! |
[27:31] | Yes, the quote is accurate. | 对,这篇报导没有乱写 |
[27:33] | What the hell are you doing talking to a reporter? | 你为什么要跟记者说话? |
[27:36] | – I was… – I set up monumental, unprecedented… | -我 -我制定了无法商量 |
[27:39] | …unbreakable rules about my children and the press. | 没有转寰余地的铁令 不准我的孩子跟媒体接触 |
[27:42] | I’ve gotten White House reporters transferred to Yemen… | 我因为白宫记者 跟柔依及伊莉莎白接触 |
[27:45] | …for approaching Zoey and Elizabeth. It is the law! | 让他转职到叶门去 那是规定 |
[27:55] | Well, I’m sure before you gave the quote… | 我相信你在那么说之前 |
[27:58] | …you cleared it with the communications office. | 跟媒体部门商量过 |
[28:00] | I’m sure you went over the exact wording with C.J. Cregg… | 我相信你跟茜洁葛瑞 推敲过字句 |
[28:03] | …and coordinated it with White House strategy… | 跟白宫策略专家商量过 |
[28:05] | …so the timing was right in the news cycle. | 所以时间才会那么好 |
[28:08] | I’m sure you consulted the appropriate party leadership… | 我相信你问过 相关的政党领袖 |
[28:10] | …because you’re a pretty knowledgeable operative… | 因为你是一个常常跟我在一起的 |
[28:13] | …having spent so much time with me. Ellie! | 有知识的领导人物,伊莉! |
[28:15] | – Dad, she was… She was… – What? Pick your head up! | -爸,她是她是 -什么?把你的头抬起来! |
[28:18] | She was doing exactly what she is supposed to do. | 她做了她该做的事 |
[28:22] | She… I’m sorry. | 她对不起 |
[28:26] | She was asked a question, and she said what she knew to be true. | 有人问了她问题 她说出她真正的心意 |
[28:30] | When you start firing doctors for that, you’ve crossed a line. | 如果你因为那样开除医生 你越过了界线 |
[28:33] | There is politics involved in this, and you knew it would make me unhappy. | 这件事跟政治有关 你知道那么做会让我很不高兴 |
[28:37] | – That’s why you did it. That’s cheap. – I didn’t do it to make you unhappy. | -所以你才要那么做,那太低级了 -我那么做不是要惹你不高兴 |
[28:42] | – You didn’t do it to make me happy! – I don’t know how to make you happy. | -你那么做也不是要让我高兴! -我不知道怎么做你才会高兴 |
[28:45] | For that you gotta talk to Zoey or Liz. | 让你高兴的方法 只有柔依或丽兹知道 |
[28:53] | Okay, let’s drop it. | 好吧,我们别谈这件事了 |
[29:00] | Mom gets back in the morning and we have a movie tonight, if you wanna stay. | 妈妈明天一早会回来 如果你想留下,今晚我们要看电影 |
[29:05] | I can stay over if you want me to. | 如果你要的话,我能留下来过夜 |
[29:08] | Yeah, thanks. | 好吧,谢谢你 |
[29:23] | I go out…? | 我从哪? |
[29:26] | That door over there. | 那边的门 |
[29:37] | – Mr. President? – Yeah. | -总统先生? -什么事? |
[29:38] | – The labor secretary. – Send him in. | -劳工部长来了 -请他进来 |
[29:41] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[29:44] | – Give me just a minute, would you? – Yes, sir. | -等我一下,好吗? -是的,长官 |
[29:58] | – Andy, look. – Hang on a second. | -安迪,听着 -等一下 |
[29:59] | – Hang on a second! – No, I won’t. | -等一下! -不,我没办法 |
[30:01] | Yes, you will. You will summon your strength and listen to me for a moment. | 不,你有办法 你可以专心听我说话 |
[30:07] | You made a hairpin turn at the State of the Union… | 你修改了国情咨文 |
[30:09] | …without consulting a lot of members of the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. | 没有问过 自由派民主党人士 |
[30:13] | There aren’t a lot of members of the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. | 自由派民主党人士人数不多 |
[30:17] | So forgive people if they’re concerned one of the options you’ll explore… | 你得原谅大家 如果他们很担心你考虑 |
[30:21] | …is raising the retirement age. | 提高退休年龄 |
[30:22] | Andy, people are living decades longer than anyone anticipated in 1935. | 安迪,人们比1935年 预估的寿命多活了几十年 |
[30:26] | – So you are? – We wanna consider everything… | -你是在考量? -我们想考量所有事 |
[30:29] | – … but can’t consider anything… – Why does this have to be secret? | -但我们不能,除非 -为什么这件事要那么秘密? |
[30:31] | Because it’s the only way it’s gonna happen. | 因为那是唯一的方法 |
[30:36] | Because you can’t solve Social Security… | 因为你无法同时解决 社会福利问题 |
[30:38] | …and ask people to run for election at the same time. | 跟请大家投你们一票 |
[30:41] | Why not give politicians a cloud cover and let them be lawmakers for a while? | 你为什么不给与政客另一个身份 让他们暂时当立法者? |
[30:46] | 15 people in a room with the door closed. | 十五个人关上门谈事情 |
[30:48] | Seven Democrats, 7 Republicans and the president, who will not have a vote. | 七位民主党员,七位共和党员 以及没有投票权的总统 |
[30:52] | They walk out, and with one voice, they make a recommendation… | 他们走出来口径一致地说 他们会对 |
[30:55] | …to Congress and the American people. | 国会及美国人民提出建议 |
[30:58] | And nobody knows who was where. | 没有人知道谁开过会 |
[31:06] | The only way it’s gonna happen is in secret. | 要这么做 唯一的方法就是偷偷摸摸的 |
[31:10] | The only way it’ll happen is if all the sides… | 唯一的方法 就是与会双方 |
[31:12] | …are confident in their representation. | 都得相信他们的代表 |
[31:14] | Otherwise, it’s dead. And so I need Seth Gillette on the commission… | 不然是死路一条 所以我要赛斯葛利特进入委员会 |
[31:18] | …but I can’t ask him. Because if he says no, there’ll be no commission. | 但我不能开口要求他,因为要是 他拒绝了,委员会也会宣告流产 |
[31:26] | Anyway, I appreciate you coming down and talking to me. | 总之 谢谢你来跟我谈 |
[31:35] | I like when you ask for my help, Toby. | 我喜欢你开口要我帮忙,托比 |
[31:37] | I read that I’m on the benefit committee for the Child Leukemia Foundation. | 我看报后知道我是儿童白血病基金会 的慈善委员会成员之一 |
[31:42] | – Yeah, I saw that too. – Why did they write that? | -对,我也看到了 -他们为什么要那么写? |
[31:45] | They must’ve gotten it from the press release I sent. | 他们一定是从 我发出去的媒体文稿中知道的 |
[31:48] | I guess so. You didn’t think it’d be better to ask me first? | 我猜也是,你不觉得 你最好先来问我吗? |
[31:51] | – I really didn’t. – Interesting. | -我真的不那么觉得 -太有趣了 |
[31:53] | I’ve found if I skip the first step and move to the second… | 我发现如果跳过第一步 朝第二步去做 |
[31:56] | …it becomes harder for people to say no. | 人们很难去拒绝 |
[31:58] | You’ll have fun. You’ll look nice in your tuxedo. | 听着,你会玩得很开心 你穿上礼服一定很帅 |
[32:01] | You don’t have to stay. You don’t have… | 你不必留下来 你不必 |
[32:05] | – Toby? – Skip over the first step… | -托比? -跳过第一步 |
[32:08] | …and move right to the second. | 直接做第二步 |
[32:10] | Toby. | 托比 |
[32:12] | – Hey, Andy. – Hey, C.J. | -嘿,安迪 -嘿,茜洁 |
[32:13] | Toby, when you have a minute, can you stop by the office and…. | 托比,你有空时 可以到办公室来 |
[32:17] | What? | 什么? |
[32:19] | Tomorrow, I want you to announce… | 明天我要你宣布 |
[32:21] | …Gillette’s joined the Blue Ribbon Commission on Social Security. | 葛利特要加入 社会福利的蓝缎带委员会 |
[32:24] | – Toby…? – Make sure the press knows… | -托比 -告诉媒体 |
[32:26] | …the senator put the Democratic Party above personal differences. | 参议员会将民主党 摆在个人歧见之前 |
[32:30] | He put people above all. Make sure they know he’s a patriot… | 人民是他的优先考量 告诉他们他是个爱国份子 |
[32:33] | …and when the president asked him to serve, Senator Gillette answered the call. | 总统要他为国效力时 葛利特参议员一定会答应 |
[32:39] | – Did he? – Yeah. | -真的吗? -对 |
[32:41] | I just saw it at your press briefing tomorrow morning. | 我刚刚看到 你明天早上的媒体简报 |
[32:46] | Okay, but this is really the last thing I’m doing before I quit. | 好吧,但这真的是 我辞职前做的最后一件事 |
[32:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:56] | It’s like checking sugar and fat content on cereal. | 那像是在检查 玉米片的糖份跟脂肪含量 |
[32:58] | We bend over backwards to help parents make choices. | 我们退一步 帮父母做出决定 |
[33:01] | We put V-Chips in TVs, warning labels on records, TV shows, film ads. | 我们在电视上加晶片,唱片 电视节目跟电影广告都要分级标示 |
[33:06] | And when we do, we suffer… | 我们那么做时,我们很痛苦 |
[33:08] | …because our products become demonized and marginalized. | 因为我们的产品 变得邪恶,被人所排斥 |
[33:11] | Sam Seaborn wants to see you. | 山姆希朋想见你 |
[33:12] | Every 10 years the government asks for more. | 每隔十年 政府都想要更多 |
[33:14] | We come to you every 10 years because the situation isn’t getting better. | 我们每隔十年都会找你 因为情况没有好转 |
[33:18] | When will the government ask the NFL and NHL…? | 什么时候政府会要求 职业足球联盟跟职业冰球联盟 |
[33:20] | – Can I talk to you? – Sure. | -我能跟你谈一谈吗? -没问题 |
[33:22] | – Come on. – Hey, he’s wrong in there. | -来吧 -他所说的是不对的 |
[33:24] | The situation isn’t the same. There’s a 28 percent drop… | 情况变得不一样 少年犯罪 |
[33:27] | …in juvenile crime, 10 percent drop in the overall crime rate. | 下降了两成八 总犯罪率下降了一成 |
[33:30] | – I don’t care. – Why? | -我不在乎 -为什么? |
[33:32] | American Academy of Pediatrics, AMA, the American Psychological Association… | 美国小儿科医学会 美国心理学会 |
[33:37] | …say watching violence on TV is bad for kids, and we’ll listen to experts. | 说观看暴力电视节目 对孩子不好,我们该听专家的话 |
[33:41] | I’ll remember that tomorrow when I read the surgeon general was fired. | 明天我宣布卫生署长被开除时 会记得那一点 |
[33:44] | Remember it whenever you like. | 你想几时记得它都可以 |
[33:46] | – What is he seeing tonight? – Dial M for Murder. | -今晚他要看什么? -《电话情杀案》 |
[33:49] | Good. Hitchcock never used sex or violence in his films. | 很好,希区考克 从来不会在电影中用到性或暴力 |
[33:51] | Yeah. Morgan, the president’s never seen your movie. | 对了,摩根 总统从来没有看过你的电影 |
[33:54] | He’s never heard of it. He has no objection to it, and you know it. | 他从来没有听说过它 他对它没有意见,你很清楚的 |
[33:57] | The Family Values Leadership Council sees it differently. | 家庭价值领袖协会 可不那么认为 |
[34:00] | The Family Values Leadership Council distorted the truth. | 家庭价值领袖协会 扭曲了事实 |
[34:04] | – Stop the presses. – Thanks to that ad… | -阻止媒体 -谢谢那则广告 |
[34:06] | …exhibitors in Mississippi, Oklahoma and Alabama are pulling the film. | 密西西比州,奥克拉荷马州 跟阿拉巴马州都不会上映此片 |
[34:09] | I read the synopsis, and if exhibitors put you on every screen of every multiplex… | 我看过概要,就算所有连锁戏院 都愿意上映你的电影 |
[34:14] | …you still wouldn’t do any business in Mississippi, Oklahoma or Alabama. | 你在密西西比州,奥克拉荷马州 跟阿拉巴马州还是没办法得到好票房 |
[34:17] | – You’re an industry expert? – But you are… | -你是业界专家? -不,你才是 |
[34:20] | …which explains a lot about Hollywood. You knew the ad would get business. | 这解释了许多好莱坞的现象 你知道那则广告能帮你赚钱 |
[34:24] | And that’s why you went on Imus and said what you did. | 所以你上了《早安艾玛斯》 说了那些话 |
[34:26] | – I’m here for a Sam Seaborn scolding? – Yeah, because it makes me crazy. | -我得在这里听山姆希朋训话? -对,因为它逼得我抓狂 |
[34:31] | This kind of thing should be celebrated by First Amendment advocates. | 这种事应该 是第一修正案拥护者的喜讯 |
[34:35] | Charlie was offered a choice and made one. Why aren’t you saying: | 查理奉命做了选择 你为什么不说: |
[34:38] | ” It works. Don’t ban movies like Prince of New York. | “它成功了,你不需要禁制 《纽约王子》之类的电影 |
[34:41] | You just have to choose not to watch them “? | 你只要选择不看它们便可以了”? |
[34:44] | And, Morgan… | 还有,摩根 |
[34:46] | …you ever call the president a coward again for PR… | 你敢为了宣传 说总统是懦夫 |
[34:49] | …it won’t be C.J. you gotta deal with. It’ll be me. | 你要面对的不会是茜洁 你得面对我 |
[34:52] | You understand what I’m saying, right? | 你了解我的意思吧? |
[34:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:59] | Go back to your meeting and show me how much you want to make it up to us. | 回去开会 让我看看你怎么补偿我们 |
[35:16] | Good job. | 做的好 |
[35:40] | This isn’t good. | 这可不太妙 |
[35:42] | – What? – The president’s not talking. | -什么? -总统不说话 |
[35:45] | – There’s a movie on. – He usually talks during the movie. | -电影在播放中 -他一向都是边看电影边说话 哈��? |
[35:57] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[36:03] | – Good evening. – Good evening, Mr. President. | -晚安 -晚安,总统先生 |
[36:07] | – I’m sorry about this. – Yes, sir. | -我很抱歉 -是的,长官 |
[36:09] | – Is that your resignation? – Yes, sir. | -那是你的辞职信? -是的,长官 |
[36:12] | – Thank you. – On thinking about it… | -谢谢你 -我仔细想了一下 |
[36:14] | …I felt your firing me would send a dangerous signal… | 我觉得你开除我 对任何将会接任我工作的人 |
[36:17] | – … to whomever had my job next. – Did you not think… | -都是个危险警告 -你不觉得 |
[36:20] | …that playing down the dangers of drug use sent a dangerous signal? | 玩弄毒品使用议题 也是个危险警告吗? |
[36:23] | I do not believe that is what I did, sir. | 我不相信那是我做的事,长官 |
[36:26] | I was asked, by and large, if marijuana holds the same addictive properties… | 我被问到大麻 是不是跟海洛英及迷幻药 |
[36:31] | …as heroin or LSD. It does not. | 具相同的成瘾性,事实不是那样 |
[36:33] | I was asked if marijuana poses a greater health risk than nicotine or alcohol. | 我被问到大麻对健康的影响 是不是跟尼古丁或酒精一样 |
[36:38] | In my opinion, it does not. If you look at… | 我觉得不是 如果你认为 |
[36:40] | – Millie, did you put her up to it? – Sir? | -米丽,是你要她那么做的吗? -什么? |
[36:44] | ” My father won’t fire the surgeon general. He would never do that. “ | “我父亲不会开除 卫生署长,他永远都不会那么做” |
[36:48] | You didn’t put her up to it? You didn’t pick up the phone and say: | 你没有要她那么说? 你没有拿起电话说: |
[36:51] | ” It’s your godmother. Let’s stick it to your dad and paint him into a corner”? | “我是你的教母 我们得联合起来将你父亲逼到死角”? |
[36:57] | No, sir. | 我没有 |
[37:06] | Why haven’t I ever been able to get her to like me? | 为什么我不能让她变得喜欢我? |
[37:12] | I’m asking you. | 我在问你 |
[37:15] | – Sir, I’m not sure it’s appropriate. – I’m asking you. | -长官,我想那是不对的 -我在问你 |
[37:19] | – I think you’re wrong. – I’m not. | -我想你错了 -我没错 |
[37:23] | – She worships you, Mr. President. – She’s mad at me. | -她崇拜你,总统先生 -她很气我 |
[37:26] | – You’re mad at her. – Yes, I am. | -你在生她的气 -没错 |
[37:28] | I was running for president. Where was she? | 我竞选总统的时候 她在哪里? |
[37:30] | – She was with us. – Not like Zoey and Liz. | -她跟我们在一起 -不像柔依或丽兹 |
[37:33] | – Sir… – She’s always belonged to Abbey. | -长官 -她一直都跟艾比很亲 |
[37:38] | You frightened her. | 你吓坏她了 |
[37:41] | No, I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[37:42] | – How did I frighten her? – Jed, look where you’re standing! | -我怎么会吓坏了她? -杰德,看看你自己站在哪里! |
[37:47] | I was elected two years ago. She’s 24 years old! | 两年前我当选时 她已经二十四岁了! |
[37:50] | You’ve been the king of whatever room you’ve walked into her entire life. | 从她出生以来 你总是像国王一样 |
[37:54] | It never seemed to intimidate Zoey or Liz. | 柔依或丽兹 并不在乎 |
[37:57] | Well, kids are different. They’re not the same. | 孩子们都不一样 她们是不一样的 |
[37:59] | You’d be amazed, you’d be stunned… | 你一直都很棒,你很厉害 |
[38:02] | …at how soon they understand they’re not their father’s favorite. | 她们很快就明白 她们不是爸爸的最爱 |
[38:06] | – That’s not true. – Sir. | -那不是真的 -长官 |
[38:08] | – That’s not true. – Mr. President. | -那不是真的 -总统先生 |
[38:10] | No. I will bear with the nonsense of the Christian right and the Hollywood left… | 不,我会忍受基督教右派 好莱坞左派 |
[38:15] | …and the AFL-CIO and AARP and the Cannabis Society and Japan… | 全美总工会,美国退休人协会 大麻协会跟日本的胡言乱语 |
[38:19] | …but I will not stand and allow someone to tell me… | 但我无法忍受 有个人告诉我 |
[38:22] | …that I love one of my children less than the others. | 我对我孩子的爱有所偏心 |
[38:31] | She’s frightened of me? | 她怕我? |
[38:34] | She ain’t the only one. | 她不是唯一怕你的人 |
[38:38] | I wanted to be so mad at her. | 我希望对她生气 |
[38:41] | I heard the news and my first thought…. | 一听到消息 我心里的想法是 |
[38:47] | My God, King Lear is a good play. | 天啊,《李尔王》是出好戏 |
[38:53] | ” My father won’t fire the surgeon general. He would never do that. “ | “我父亲不会开除卫生署长 他永远都不会那么做” |
[39:00] | I wanted to be so mad at her. | 我希望对她生气 |
[39:04] | But the truth is, it’s the nicest thing she’s ever said about me. | 但事实上 那是她说过关于我最棒的事 |
[39:14] | Well, good night, sir. | 晚安,长官 |
[39:18] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[39:21] | – Hey, doc. – Sir? | -医生 -什么事? |
[39:25] | I don’t accept. | 我无法接受 |
[39:27] | – I’m sorry, sir? – I don’t accept your resignation. | -你说什么? -我无法接受你的辞呈 |
[39:31] | I appreciate that, but Leo’s right. | 谢谢你,但里奥说的对 |
[39:33] | This shouldn’t stop you from doing bigger things. | 这不应该阻止你 做更伟大的事 |
[39:36] | These are the bigger things. I don’t accept your resignation. | 这些就是更伟大的事 我无法接受你的辞呈 |
[39:40] | You work for me. You go when I tell you to. | 你为我工作 我叫你走你才能走 |
[39:50] | – You’re an excellent role model. – Yes, I know. | -你是个好典范 -是的,我知道 |
[39:53] | – So you’re back? – Yes, indeed. | -你愿意回来? -是的 |
[40:02] | Tell C.J. when she gives Millie our support on Monday, she can mean it. | 告诉茜洁星期一她表达 我们对米丽的支持时,她可以真心一点 |
[40:09] | It’s gonna seem to some people… | 一定会有一些人认为 |
[40:11] | …like you did it because your daughter asked you to. | 你会那么做 因为你女儿要你那么做 |
[40:14] | Yeah. | 对 |
[40:16] | You know, Josh, I think if you ever have a daughter… | 乔西,我认为 如果你有女儿 |
[40:19] | …you’ll discover there are worse reasons in the world to do something. | 你会发现在这个世界上 有更糟糕的理由让你去做一些事 |
[40:22] | – Sit down. We’re at the good part. – What’s he doing? | -坐下,这个部份很精彩 -他在做什么? |
[40:25] | Wondering Why that key doesn’t fit. | 不知道为什么钥匙插不进去 |
[40:28] | He’s going around to the back entrance. He stopped again. | 他要绕到后门去 他又停了下来 |
[40:35] | How you doing? | 你好吗? |
[40:38] | I said, how you doing? | 我说你好吗? |
[40:40] | Fine. | 我很好 |
[40:44] | – We’re coming up to the good part. – People are trying to watch the movie. | -精彩的部份要开始了 -大家都想专心点看电影 |
[40:48] | You wanna bet me your tuition no one in this room is gonna shush me? | 你敢不敢以你的学费去赌一赌 这房里没有人敢嘘我? |
[40:56] | I hear you’re thinking about ophthalmology. | 听说你考虑要念眼科 |
[41:00] | Oncology. | 是肿瘤科 |
[41:01] | Why do you wanna study people’s feet? | 你为什么要研究别人的脚? |
[41:04] | – That’s podiatry. – Then what’s children’s medicine? | -那是脚科 -帮小孩子看病的是哪一科? |
[41:07] | – Pediatrics. – I thought it was obstetrics. | -小儿科 -我还以为是妇产科 |
[41:10] | – That’s pregnant women. – And what’s the study of feet? | -那是帮孕妇看病 -帮脚看病的是哪一科? |
[41:13] | Dad, you’re not gonna get me to laugh. | 爸,你没办法逗我笑的 |
[41:15] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[41:31] | The only thing you ever had to do to make me happy… | 你只需要在一天完结之后回家 |
[41:35] | …was come home at the end of the day. | 我便很高兴了 |
[41:59] | So endocrinology would be what, disorders of the gallbladder? | 内分泌科是 治疗胆囊疾病的吗? |
[42:05] | Thyroid. | 是甲状腺才对 |
[42:07] | I’m pretty sure you’re wrong about that. Endocrinology is your sub-specialty… | 我相信你错了 内分泌是你的辅修 |
[42:11] | …of internal medicine devoted to the digestive system. | 它是治疗消化系统的内科 |
[42:14] | – That would be gastroenterology. – Are you sure it’s not nephrology… | -那是肠胃科 -你确定不是肾脏科 |
[42:18] | …immunology, cardiology or dermatology? | 免疫科,心脏科 或皮夫科? |
[42:22] | Just stop it. I’m trying to watch the movie. | 别闹了 我想看电影 |
[42:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[42:31] | Here comes the good part. | 这是精彩的部份 |