时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | “Previously onThis Is Us…” | 《我们的生活》前情回顾 |
[00:03] | First day of summer, we don’t want to be the last ones in the pool. | 夏日第一天 我们不能最后进泳池 |
[00:05] | Hey, where you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[00:07] | Heard the pool closed down. | 我听说那个游泳池要关闭了 |
[00:08] | Just want to check it out before it disappears. | 我想在它消失之前再去看看 |
[00:09] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[00:12] | I hate that I’m doing this over FaceTime, | 我讨厌要和你打视频而不是当面 |
[00:14] | – and I miss you. – I miss you, too. | -我很想你 -我也想你了 |
[00:16] | 36 blissful hours | 在我再次听到 |
[00:17] | until I have to listen to the Southwest flight attendants | 西南空乘把安全规范唱成恶搞歌曲之前 |
[00:20] | turn the safety protocol into a parody song again. | 还有36个小时的开心时间 |
[00:23] | If you and Toby need your space, just tell me. | 如果你和托比需要空间 告诉我一声 |
[00:26] | Yeah, Kev, it’s… | 行了 小凯 |
[00:27] | that’s not even our problem right now. | 这件事都算不上是什么问题 |
[00:30] | We have a lot more going on than that. | 我们的问题远远不止这些 |
[00:31] | Hey, can you just, can you help me instead of instructing me? | 你可以来帮帮我 而不是指挥我吗 |
[00:34] | Yeah, Tobe, I can. | 好的 小托 我可以 |
[00:35] | I’m here with them every day doing the hard work. | 我每天跟他们待在一起 包揽了苦活累活 |
[00:37] | What do you want me to do? | 你希望我怎么做 |
[00:38] | Just not have any opinions about our kids | 你对我说的每句话都过度敏感 |
[00:40] | because you’re overly sensitive about everything I say? | 我就不能对孩子们发表任何看法吗 |
[00:43] | We just keep having the same argument over and over again. | 我们总是因为同一件事吵了又吵 |
[00:48] | You’re upset that I’m not around more. | 你因为我不在你身边而生气 |
[00:50] | I’m sensitive about that. | 我又对这件事很敏感 |
[00:51] | Pointed jabs. Rinse and repeat. | 唇枪舌剑 互戳伤口 反反复复 |
[00:58] | Come on, guys, come on. First day of summer, | 大家快点 加快速度 夏日第一天 |
[01:00] | we don’t want to be the last ones in the pool. | 我们不能最后进泳池 |
[01:02] | And guess what Mom and Dad have for you guys. | 而且爸妈还给你们准备了好东西 |
[01:04] | Swim goggles! | 泳镜 |
[01:05] | – I want one. – Yeah? | -我要一个 -是吗 |
[01:07] | – Okay. – Come on, come on. | -好啊 -来吧 |
[01:09] | Hey, Bug, you want some goggles? | 宝贝 你要泳镜吗 |
[01:13] | I want to go on the diving board. | 我想去跳水板那里 |
[01:15] | Don’t you think we ought to teach you how to swim first, Kev? | 你不觉得咱们得先学会游泳吗 小凯 |
[01:18] | Yeah, I know you didn’t like taking your swim lessons, | 我知道你不喜欢上游泳课 |
[01:20] | but they helped your brother learn how to swim at the Y. | 但是你弟弟也是上课才学会游泳的 |
[01:22] | Guys, I’m gonna touch the drain! | 我要去摸排水口 |
[01:24] | That girl is swimming upside down. | 那个女孩头朝上在游泳 |
[01:26] | No. She’s doing the backstroke. | 不 她是在仰泳 |
[01:29] | And you would’ve learned how to do that, too, | 你本来也能学会的 |
[01:31] | if you stayed in class at the Y. | 你要是坚持上游泳课的话 |
[01:32] | I want to dive off the diving board and touch the drain. | 我想从跳水板下去 然后摸排水口 |
[01:36] | Hey, once more for the cheap seats. | 再叮嘱你这个新手一次 |
[01:38] | We got to teach you how to swim first, okay? | 你得先学会游泳 好吗 |
[01:40] | There’s Mr. Mike. Can I go see him? | 迈克老师在那里 我能去看他吗 |
[01:42] | Hey, you got Kate? | 你能看好凯特吗 |
[01:43] | Yeah. I got Kate. | 好 我看着 |
[01:45] | Sweetheart, how about, | 小宝贝 要不我们试试 |
[01:48] | we try going in? Yeah? | 先进去看看 好吗 |
[01:50] | Yeah, let’s take those shoes off. Come on. | 来先把鞋脱了 来 |
[01:52] | – Come on. Baby… – It’s too cold. | -来吧 宝贝 -太冷了 |
[01:55] | No, no, no, no, no, but we have to get in first. | 别别别 我们得先进去 |
[01:58] | It’s not gonna be too cold once you get in. | 进去之后就没那么冷了 |
[02:01] | Come on. Come on, g– Ow, Kate. | 别这样 凯特 |
[02:04] | Come on, baby doll. | 来吧 小宝贝 |
[02:05] | No? It’s fun. | 不来吗 很好玩的 |
[02:07] | It’s nice and warm. Try it. | 里面很暖和的 试试看 |
[02:09] | Ow. You’re hurting Mommy. You’re hurting me. | 抓得太紧了 妈妈很痛 你抓疼妈妈了 |
[02:11] | Come on. Here. Take my hand. Come on. | 来 你拉着我的手 快来 |
[02:22] | Can’t believe we’ll never be back here again. | 我们以后居然再也来不了这里了 |
[02:25] | I know. It feels weird. | 是啊 感觉很奇怪 |
[02:27] | Goodbye, pool. Thanks for the memories. | 再见 游泳池 谢谢你们给我这么多记忆 |
[02:30] | Because of you, pool, | 因为你 泳池 |
[02:31] | Randall got to see our mother in a bathing suit every summer, | 兰德尔每年夏天都能看到妈妈穿泳装 |
[02:34] | and for that he is forever grateful. | 对此 他将终生感激 |
[02:36] | – You’re demented. – Ow. You know it’s true. | -你疯了吧 -你也知道的 |
[02:38] | Get help. | 你得去看医生 |
[02:40] | I… Where’s the brick? | 我 我的砖呢 |
[02:42] | – What brick? – The brick that propped open the door. | -什么砖 -撑着门的那块砖 |
[02:47] | Nice. | 绝了 |
[02:49] | This brick? | 这块砖吗 |
[02:53] | Great. Great, yeah, so we’re locked in? | 好极了 所以我们被困在这里了吗 |
[02:57] | Oh, God, yeah, so this is how | 天哪 我的死亡报道上 |
[02:58] | my obituary will read– um… | 一定会这样写 |
[03:00] | “Sunny Delight poster boy, valedictorian | “阳光心情海报男主 最佳毕业生代表 |
[03:03] | and ‘other’ die trapped in pool.” | 及’其他人’被困在游泳池” |
[03:05] | No, come on, Kate. You know they’re gonna mention | 别这样 凯特 你知道他们一定会提到 |
[03:07] | the fact I got cut out of Days of Our Lives. | 我被《我们的日子》剧组请出的事 |
[03:08] | Stop. | 闭嘴吧你 |
[03:09] | Can you not hit me? | 你能不能别打我 |
[03:10] | Hey, hey, hey, can we look for another way out? | 我们能不能去找找其他出口 |
[03:13] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[03:19] | How is this my life? | 我的生活怎么会这样 |
[03:22] | I need you all to hear my voice right now. | 我需要你们听清楚我的话 |
[03:25] | Your mother’s voice with all of her faculties. | 这是我的要求 是我作为母亲的特权 |
[03:29] | You will not make your lives smaller because of me. | 你们绝不能因为我而限制自己 |
[03:33] | This thing that’s happening to me | 我是生了病 |
[03:36] | will not be the thing that holds you back. | 但这病不能拖你们的后腿 |
[03:39] | So, take the risks. | 你们要去冒险 |
[03:42] | Make the big moves, | 去做出大的改变 |
[03:44] | even if they’re small moves. | 哪怕只是向前迈出一小步 |
[03:47] | Forge ahead with your lives | 做真正有意义的事 |
[03:48] | in any and every direction that moves you. | 拓宽自己的生命 |
[03:52] | I’m your mother, | 我是你们的母亲 |
[03:54] | and I’m sick, | 我生病了 |
[03:56] | and I’m asking you to be fearless. | 但我希望你们更加勇敢无畏 |
[04:01] | Safe travels, siblings. | 路上小心 家人们 |
[04:03] | Okay, we’ll see you guys in L.A. | 好 我们洛杉矶再见 |
[04:05] | for Mom and Mig’s anniversary party. | 等妈妈和米格尔结婚纪念日的时候 |
[04:08] | – All right, you ready? – Yeah. | -准备好了吗 -好 |
[04:11] | Hey, Tobe. | 小托 |
[04:16] | We can’t sustain this, | 我们这样下去不行 |
[04:17] | living in two different cities, | 一直异地行不通的 |
[04:20] | so I’d like to go to San Francisco | 所以我想去旧金山 |
[04:21] | with you for the weekend. | 跟你一起过个周末 |
[04:23] | – See how it feels. – Really? | -看看什么感觉 -真的吗 |
[04:26] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[04:28] | Okay, yeah, I’d like that. | 好啊 我很期待 |
[04:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:35] | I’m really excited for this weekend. | 我太期待这周末了 |
[04:37] | I know. Me, too. Only four more days till you come see me. | 我也是 再过四天你就来见我了 |
[04:39] | A whole weekend just you and me. | 我们可以一起过个周末 |
[04:40] | – When’s the last time we did that? – I don’t know. One, two… | -我们上次这样是什么时候 -我不知道 至少得有… |
[04:43] | three lifetimes ago, at least. | 三辈子以前了吧 |
[04:45] | Oh, man, I am so excited. | 我太激动了 |
[04:47] | Oh, you know what, I got to run | 我得走了 |
[04:50] | All right, babies, I love you so much. | 好了 宝贝们 我很爱你们 |
[04:51] | I’ll see you soon. Be good to Mommy, okay? | 回见 对妈妈好点 好吗 |
[04:53] | You say bye to Daddy? | 跟爸爸说再见 |
[04:54] | – Bye, babies. I love you. – Bye. | -再见 宝贝们 我爱你们 -再见 |
[04:56] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[04:57] | – Love you. Bye. – Bye. Love you. | -爱你 再见 -再见 爱你 |
[05:00] | Okay. Oh, 9:25. It’s time to go to the park. | 好了 9:25 该去公园了 |
[05:03] | – Park. – Yay, we’re going to the park. | -公园 -我们要去公园了 |
[05:06] | *Tuesday* | 周二 |
[05:08] | *In the park* | *在公园* |
[05:10] | *Jack’s excited for the swing set* | *杰克好想坐秋千* |
[05:13] | *And 12 steps to the sidewalk.* | *12步到人行道* |
[05:16] | And then what are we gonna do? | 然后我们要做什么呢 |
[05:18] | Then we make a turn to the… | 然后我们要转向 |
[05:21] | – Left. – The left. Exactly. | -左边 -左边 对 |
[05:29] | You just wrote your first song, Courtney. | 你刚写了你的第一首歌 科特妮 |
[05:37] | Is that silly? | 那样会很傻吗 |
[05:46] | Can we do it? Can we do it? | 我们能做到吗 我们能做到吗 |
[05:50] | *Hey, hey, hey, we’re on our way* | *我们在路上* |
[05:53] | *Wave to Gregory* | *向格雷戈里挥手* |
[05:54] | *How’s your day?* | *你今天怎么样* |
[05:55] | You know what? Stop putting me in your dumb songs | 你知道吗 如果我拿不到作者分红的话 |
[05:57] | if I’m not getting a writer’s cut. | 别把我加到你傻乎乎的歌里 |
[05:59] | Come on, you’re part of the neighborhood. | 拜托 你是邻里的一部分 |
[06:00] | You’re a part of the song. | 你就是歌的一部分 |
[06:02] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 是是是 |
[06:05] | Slow down, bud. Slow down. | 慢点 慢点 |
[06:07] | *Sheila’s a jolly good fellow* | *希拉是个快乐的好人* |
[06:11] | *Sheila’s a jolly good fellow* | *希拉是个快乐的好人* |
[06:15] | Thank you. Thank you, Kate. | 谢谢 谢谢 凯特 |
[06:17] | You made an old gal feel very special. | 你让我这个老女孩感到自己很特别 |
[06:19] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[06:20] | – Thank you. – Yes. | -谢谢 -好嘞 |
[06:22] | Aren’t you gonna have some, too? | 你不吃一点儿吗 |
[06:24] | No, I’m good. I’m just gonna have some water. | 不 我不用了 我就喝点水 |
[06:43] | So, Edward Norton | 所以说爱德华·诺顿 |
[06:45] | was just imagining Brad Pitt the entire time? | 一直以来只是在想象布拉德·皮特吗 |
[06:49] | Are you just now realizing that? | 你刚刚才意识到吗 |
[06:51] | We’ve seen this, like, 18 times. | 我们已经看了好多遍了 |
[06:52] | It’s just so much shirtless Brad Pitt. | 布拉德·皮特不穿上衣的镜头太多了 |
[06:55] | – I get distracted. – No, I… | -我分神了 -不 我 |
[06:58] | Fair. Fair. | 说得过去 |
[07:00] | You know what’s funny? Um… | 有意思的是 |
[07:02] | Sometimes, I… | 有时候 我 |
[07:05] | imagine hanging out with Old Toby. | 会想象跟以前的托比待在一起 |
[07:09] | “Old Toby”? | “以前的托比” |
[07:10] | Yeah. You know, who he was before he lost all the weight at the gym | 对 那个还没去健身房减掉一身赘肉 |
[07:14] | and got his fancy job and better clothes. | 还没找到高级的工作 穿好看的衣服的托比 |
[07:18] | I guess Old Toby’s like my Tyler Durden. | 我猜以前的托比就像是我的泰勒·德顿 |
[07:20] | I-I know that sounds crazy. | 我 我知道听起来很疯狂 |
[07:24] | You guys just need a good weekend. | 你们只是需要好好过个周末 |
[07:27] | Yeah. We do. | 对 我们是需要 |
[07:30] | You’re right. Which is why I’m just… | 你说得对 所以我就 |
[07:33] | I’m gonna go to the Bay to be with my bae, | 我要去湾区 跟我的宝贝一起 |
[07:36] | you know, with an open heart and mind. | 你知道 抱着开放的心态 |
[07:38] | Old Toby is still in there. | 以前的托比还在 |
[07:41] | Go find him. | 去找到他 |
[07:43] | Yeah. Okay. | 好的 好吧 |
[07:49] | Hey, babe. Don’t worry, | 宝贝 别担心 |
[07:50] | I’m already packed and leaving on time. | 我已经打包好了 会准时出发 |
[07:52] | Miracles do exist. | 奇迹确实存在 |
[07:54] | There’s a, there’s a, uh, slight hitch in our giddy-up. | 有一点 有一点小状况 |
[07:57] | Okay, my-my meeting for my Tokyo project got rescheduled, | 我东京项目的会议改期了 |
[08:00] | so I won’t be able to be at the airport, | 我不能候在机场了 |
[08:03] | so I-I booked you the finest electric vehicle | 我预约了整个旧金山最好的车 |
[08:05] | that San Francisco has to offer to pick you up, | 去那里把你接回来 |
[08:08] | and I am… I am, uh, hustling here | 我这边的话 也会抓紧 |
[08:10] | to make sure I can get back to the apartment | 保证我能回到公寓 |
[08:12] | to personally roll out the red carpet for you myself. | 亲自为你铺上红毯 |
[08:16] | No worries, we have the whole weekend. | 别担心 我们有整个周末 |
[08:18] | Oh, I know it, Kate. I am very excited. | 我知道 凯特 我很激动 |
[08:20] | I have made plans. I’ve made so many plans, | 我已经安排好了 我的计划多到 |
[08:23] | my plans have plans. | 我的计划都能做计划了 |
[08:25] | Listen, I’m gonna try and clear my plate here. | 我要赶紧弄完我这边的事了 |
[08:27] | Uh, I’m gonna text you the guy’s info. | 我会把司机的信息发给你 |
[08:29] | I’ll leave my phone on, in case there are any problems, | 我电话会开着 你有什么状况就来找我 |
[08:31] | and I hope you have a safe flight. | 希望你旅途平安 |
[08:33] | – All right, I love you. – Okay, love you. | -好的 我爱你 -好的 爱你 |
[08:41] | Well, that sucks. | 可真是糟糕 |
[08:44] | – You would’ve picked me up. – Without question. | -换作是你 一定会接我的 -毫无疑问 |
[08:47] | But do not fret, my sweet pet, | 别烦心 我的小甜心 |
[08:49] | I will be with you the whole time. | 我会一直跟你在一起 |
[08:53] | It’s gonna be fun. | 你会玩得开心的 |
[09:10] | Come on, Kate, just take one more step in. | 拜托 凯特 就迈一步进来 |
[09:12] | – I don’t want to. – But look. | -我不想 -你看 |
[09:14] | Mommy took one more step in, and she’s fine. | 妈妈迈了一步进来 妈妈都没事 |
[09:16] | Just put your face in the water. | 只需要把脸埋进水里 |
[09:18] | Pretend it’s one giant bathtub. | 假装它是个巨大的浴缸 |
[09:20] | You blow bubbles in the bath all the time. | 你泡澡的时候都会一直吐泡泡呢 |
[09:22] | Right? Watch. | 对吧 看看 |
[09:24] | Mommy’ll do it. | 妈妈示范一下 |
[09:25] | Ooh, there’s probably a lot of pee in here. | 这里面估计有不少人尿尿了 |
[09:27] | …sinking to the bottom. | 沉到水底了 |
[09:28] | Hey, how about you swim to that wall. | 你游到那面墙怎么样 |
[09:30] | – Think you can do that? – See? | -觉得你能做到吗 -看到了吗 |
[09:32] | – It’s easy. – Okay, here we go. | -很容易 -好吧 我们来吧 |
[09:35] | But, Kate, how will we know | 凯特 如果你的新泳衣 |
[09:36] | that your brand-new bathing suit even works | 连水都没沾过 我们怎么知道它 |
[09:37] | if you don’t get it wet? | 是不是能用呢 |
[09:41] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[09:42] | Yeah, I-I got him. | 我看着他呢 |
[09:43] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[09:45] | Okay. I got you. | 好的 没问题的 |
[09:48] | He’s just a child, Jack. | 他还是个孩子 杰克 |
[09:49] | Yeah, and someday he’s gonna be a man. | 嗯 但总有一天他会长大成人的 |
[09:51] | Hey, you’re not ready for the deep end yet, bud. | 孩子 你还没准备好去深水区 |
[09:54] | Leave me alone. | 别管我 |
[09:59] | Okay, uh, hey, Bug, | 好吧 宝贝 |
[10:00] | you’re gonna stay here with Daddy. | 你跟爸爸待在这里 |
[10:01] | I’m trying to get her to put her face in the water, | 我还在劝她把脸埋进水里 |
[10:03] | – so good luck with that. – Okay. Great. | -祝你好运 -好的 |
[10:08] | Hey, no problemo. We got this. | 没问题 我们可以的 |
[10:10] | Put your face in the water. | 把你的脸埋进水里 |
[10:11] | Daddy, it’s not gonna happen. | 爸 不可能的 |
[10:17] | All right, why do they make it so hard to get out? | 好吧 为什么这里这么难找到出口 |
[10:19] | They’re trying to make it hard to get into | 他们不想让人很轻松就进来 |
[10:21] | so teenagers like you aren’t wandering around drinking beer, | 防止你这样的混小子喝着酒瞎逛 |
[10:24] | playing with safety equipment. | 乱玩安全设施 |
[10:25] | What? | 什么 |
[10:30] | I’m literally trapped. | 我真的被困住了 |
[10:32] | Ah, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[10:33] | We’re not gonna be stuck here all night. | 我们不会整晚都困在这里的 |
[10:34] | No, I’m not… I’m not talking about the pool. | 不 我不是 我不是说泳池 |
[10:36] | Although, if I die where I had my first sloppy kiss | 虽然 如果我死在了把初吻草率献给 |
[10:40] | with Stuart, I will be pissed. Um… | 斯图尔特的地方 我会气死的 |
[10:43] | No, I’m… | 不 我 |
[10:44] | trapped in Pittsburgh. | 被困在了匹兹堡 |
[10:47] | What’s so bad about Pittsburgh? | 匹兹堡有什么不好的 |
[10:50] | Nothing. Nothing’s wrong with Pittsburgh. It’s… | 没什么 匹兹堡没什么不好的 是 |
[10:53] | It’s my life in Pittsburgh. | 是我在匹兹堡的生活 |
[10:55] | Yeah, I mean, | 我是说 |
[10:56] | I wake up, eat breakfast, | 我起床 吃早饭 |
[10:58] | go to the diner where I serve greasy food to unhappy people, | 去餐厅给不开心的人端上油腻的食物 |
[11:02] | then I go home and eat dinner, watch TV. | 然后回家吃完饭 看电视 |
[11:05] | Oh, yeah, there’s-there’s the added bonus lately | 最近还有个新福利 |
[11:07] | of listening to Mom get flirty on the phone. | 听妈妈在电话里调情 |
[11:10] | She has a flirty voice. It’s… it’s haunting. | 她的声音真够挑逗的 忘不掉的 |
[11:12] | Only thing I get excited about is | 唯一让我开心的是 |
[11:14] | eating ice cream at the end of the day, but, um… | 每天晚上吃冰淇淋 但是 |
[11:18] | we can all see where that’s gotten me. | 我们都能看出来我长胖了 |
[11:20] | So… | 所以 |
[11:24] | Aren’t you glad you asked? | 多谢你们好心问我 |
[11:55] | You being here felt like cause for celebration. | 你在这里就值得庆祝 |
[11:59] | This is some of the finest bubbly going. | 这是最好的香槟酒 |
[12:01] | I am so excited | 我很开心 |
[12:04] | that you are finally here. | 你终于来这里了 |
[12:05] | I can hardly stand it. | 我太激动了 |
[12:07] | – I can’t believe it. You’re here. – I know. | -我简直不敢相信 你来了这里 -我知道 |
[12:09] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[12:12] | Très délicieux. | 真好喝[法语] |
[12:14] | Come here. I want to show you something. | 过来 我想给你看个东西 |
[12:18] | Over to the right is Coit Tower, | 右边是克伊特塔 |
[12:22] | over the hill is North Beach, | 山坡那边是北海滩 |
[12:23] | and if you look right through there, when there’s not fog, | 如果你看那边 没有雾的时候 |
[12:25] | which is… never… | 虽然没有没雾的时候 |
[12:28] | …is the Golden Gate Bridge. | 那边是金门大桥 |
[12:31] | It’s a really beautiful view. | 风景非常美 |
[12:33] | It really is, isn’t it? | 很美 不是吗 |
[12:43] | It has been… | 我们很久没有 |
[12:45] | forever. | 这样了 |
[12:46] | It sure feels like it. | 感觉的确是这样 |
[12:48] | I think I’m nervous. | 我感觉很紧张 |
[12:51] | Well, it’s cute. | 你真可爱 |
[12:55] | Can we just… | 我们能不能 |
[12:57] | promise to not let this much time go by? | 保证不要虚度这段时光 |
[13:00] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[13:05] | Now, I think we have about 20 minutes | 我想在素食烧烤来之前 |
[13:08] | before the vegan barbecue arrives, | 我们还有二十分钟 |
[13:10] | which I know doesn’t sound sexy, but I promise you that it is. | 我知道听起来不够性感 但我保证是一顿大餐 |
[13:14] | Well, then, bon appétit. | 祝你好胃口 |
[13:22] | I missed that. | 真怀念 |
[13:26] | Well, I mean… you. | 我是说 你 |
[13:28] | W-Well, everything. | 这一切 |
[13:29] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我什么意思 |
[13:31] | – Is that offensive? – Offensive? | -这会冒犯吗 -冒犯 |
[13:33] | I want those words written on my tombstone. | 我想把这些话刻在我的墓碑上 |
[13:35] | Oh, babe, The Great British Bake Off is back. | 宝贝 《英国家庭烘焙大赛》回归了 |
[13:38] | You want a little cake and a cuddle? | 你想要个小蛋糕和一个拥抱吗 |
[13:40] | How about a little squeeze and a scone? | 果汁和司康饼怎么样 |
[13:42] | Ah, I would love to, my sweet profiterole, | 我很想吃 我亲爱的空心小甜饼 |
[13:45] | but I have… I actually have | 但我 实际上我 |
[13:47] | a work phone call that I have to make real quick | 有个工作电话要赶紧打 |
[13:49] | that I would’ve made earlier, were it not for | 如果不是因为东京有八小时时差 |
[13:51] | the eight-hour time difference in Tokyo, | 我早就该打了 |
[13:54] | so I’m gonna knock this out real quick– I will not be long– | 所以我会很快结束 不会太久的 |
[13:56] | then it is just me, you, Paul and Prue, okay? | 然后我们俩就安心看保罗和普露 好吗 |
[14:01] | Okay, yeah, I’ll just be here. | 好 我就待在这里 |
[14:08] | You know I’m always down for a little Netflix and chill, right? | 你知道我一直喜欢看网飞休息休息 对吗 |
[14:11] | Wink! | 眨个眼 |
[14:13] | Let’s see what this guy’s watching. | 让我们看看这人都在看什么 |
[14:16] | Oh, right, | 好的 |
[14:17] | Inside Bill’s Brain: Decoding Bill Gates. | 《走近比尔 解密比尔·盖茨》 |
[14:22] | What is this, school? | 这是什么 教学片 |
[14:26] | Let’s see here. | 让我们看看这里 |
[14:27] | Oh, oh, oh, who-who-who are these | 这些危险的陌生人 |
[14:30] | stranger dangers? | 是谁 |
[14:31] | He doesn’t even know how many quarters there are | 他甚至不知道一场棒球比赛 |
[14:32] | in a baseball match. | 要打几个回合 |
[14:34] | Ridiculous. And 5K is… | 不可理喻 五公里长跑 |
[14:36] | Since when does he run without being chased? | 这家伙什么时候身后没人追也愿意跑步了 |
[14:39] | Oh, and these-these fancy pants, these fancy clothes. | 还有这些高级的裤子 高级的衣服 |
[14:43] | Ooh! Look at me. | 看看我 |
[14:45] | What, do you get poured into these pants? | 买这裤子是不是花了你不少钱 |
[14:50] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[14:53] | The name’s Boring. | 它的名字叫无聊 |
[14:54] | James Boring. | 詹姆斯·邦德式的无聊 |
[14:56] | Kate. | 凯特 |
[15:01] | It’s a… | 我是 |
[15:02] | a fat guy | 穿着小外套的 |
[15:04] | in a little coat. | 胖男人 |
[15:07] | A fat guy in a little coat. | 穿着小外套的胖男人 |
[15:11] | – All right, that’s enough. – Come on! You guys have sex | -好了 够了 -拜托 你们俩一千年 |
[15:13] | for, like, the first time in a millennia, | 才做一次爱 |
[15:15] | and dude gets up to take a phone call? | 这人起身就去打电话了 |
[15:17] | At least he waited to put his earbuds back in. | 他没戴着耳机做都算客气了 |
[15:19] | – Give me the jacket. – Okay, all right, all right. | -把外套给我 -好吧 好吧 |
[15:21] | I took it too far. | 我太过分了 |
[15:22] | I was just trying to have a little fun. | 我只是试图活跃一下氛围 |
[15:26] | I was trying to make you laugh. | 我想逗你笑 |
[15:28] | Do you have any idea how much I miss your laugh? | 你知道我有多想念你的笑吗 |
[15:35] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:38] | But you’re gonna miss me. | 但你会想我的 |
[15:51] | Good morning, love of my life. | 早上好 我的一生挚爱 |
[15:54] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[15:56] | This is some of my favorite coffee | 这是我最爱的咖啡 |
[15:58] | from my favorite coffee shop in the entire city. | 我从全市最爱的咖啡馆买的 |
[16:00] | I ran down and picked us up a… a couple of cups. | 我冲过去买了…几杯 |
[16:05] | “Brew Can Do It.” | “大咖无所不能” |
[16:07] | You know I love a coffee shop with a good pun name. | 我喜欢名字一语双关的咖啡馆 |
[16:09] | Yeah, and check this out. Okay. | 对吧 尝尝看 |
[16:10] | So, I have marked | 我记下了 |
[16:13] | everything that I think we can do today. | 今天我们能做的所有事 |
[16:16] | You ready? Okay, | 准备好了吗 好的 |
[16:17] | so after we enjoy our java, I’m going to take you | 喝完咖啡后 我会带你 |
[16:20] | for a delicious brunch at the Fairmont. | 去费尔蒙特吃一顿丰盛的早午餐 |
[16:22] | After that, I thought we could go to this cool | 在那之后 我们可以去 |
[16:23] | photography exhibit at the de Young Museum | 金门公园的笛洋美术馆 |
[16:25] | in Golden Gate Park. | 看个超棒的摄影展 |
[16:26] | I know how much you enjoy it | 我知道你有多喜欢 |
[16:27] | – when we pretend to understand art. – I do. | -不懂装懂地欣赏艺术 -没错 |
[16:30] | For ten minutes at a time, of course. | 当然 一次就看十分钟 |
[16:32] | Yeah, anything longer just, like, defeats the purpose. | 嗯 时间再长就没意义了 |
[16:34] | Then we’re coming back here to get all gussied up | 然后我们回到这里精心打扮 |
[16:36] | for my boss’s cocktail party tonight. | 准备去今晚我老板的鸡尾酒会 |
[16:38] | After which, I am taking you | 之后 我要带你去 |
[16:41] | to a very, very exclusive dinner at the Top of the Mark, | 马克之颠吃一顿超豪华晚餐 |
[16:45] | where I have procured, using my wit, my charm, | 我用尽浑身解数 挖空心思 |
[16:47] | and yes, my best friend Benjamin Franklin, | 动用了无数人脉 |
[16:50] | a table right on the window | 订到了一个窗边的座位 |
[16:51] | with a view of the entire city. | 能看到全城的景色 |
[16:56] | Yeah. | 期待吧 |
[16:59] | Well, you got this city down. | 你真是把这个城市研究透了 |
[17:00] | I have been living here alone for three months, | 我在这独自生活了三个月 |
[17:03] | so Mr. Frommer and I have become pretty tight. | 所以我跟弗罗默先生关系铁得很 |
[17:07] | So, what do you say? | 你意下如何 |
[17:10] | It really… It sounds amazing. | 听着很…令人惊喜 |
[17:12] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是吧 -嗯 |
[17:18] | I was just… I don’t know. | 我只是…不知道 |
[17:20] | Babe, I was just hoping that we could have an old-school | 宝贝 我只希望和你过一天传统的 |
[17:23] | KaToby day, where there’s just no fancy plans or pressure. | “凯托比日” 不需要花哨的计划 也没压力 |
[17:27] | We could just go out and see where the day takes us. | 我们就随便逛逛 顺其自然 |
[17:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:34] | Sure. Yeah. | 当然可以 |
[17:35] | Well, if that’s what you want to do, then that’s what we’ll do. | 如果这是你想要的 我们就这么办 |
[17:39] | Really, babe? ‘Cause I know that you worked so hard. | 真的吗 宝贝 我知道你费了很多心思 |
[17:41] | – I’m just… – No, listen to me. | -我只是… -不 听我说 |
[17:43] | Being together is the only thing that matters, okay? | 在一起 才是最重要的 好吗 |
[17:46] | Plus, you said “KaToby,” and you know well and good | 而且 你说了”凯托比” 你十分清楚 |
[17:49] | that when you use our ship name, you get whatever you want. | 一旦说了我们的CP名 一切都会如你所愿 |
[17:53] | I love that. | 我爱这说法 |
[17:59] | Didn’t you love those Rice-A-Roni ads as a kid? | 你小时候不喜欢米饭意粉烩的广告吗 |
[18:01] | Rice-A-Roni | 米饭意粉烩 |
[18:02] | The San Francisco treat. | 旧金山美味 |
[18:05] | Do you think they’ll let me ring the bell? | 你觉得他们能让我摇铃吗 |
[18:07] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[18:08] | Maybe. Let’s ask. Here. | 可能 我们问问 来 |
[18:28] | – Hi, Mom and Dad. – Hi, babies. Hi. | -爸爸妈妈 -宝贝们 |
[18:33] | We’re having a great time, but we’re missing you. | 我们玩得很开心 但也想你们了 |
[18:36] | – We are. – Where’s Daddy? | -真的 -爸爸在哪 |
[18:38] | – Daddy’s here, too. Yeah. – Yeah, yeah, | -爸爸也在这 -对对 |
[18:39] | if you guys could just put all of that in an email, okay? | 拜托把刚说的这些用邮件发我 好吗 |
[18:41] | Yeah, I got to get on, uh, an important call. | 对 我得接个重要的电话 |
[18:43] | Big VIPs on the other line. Yeah. Thank you. Bye. | 大客户的电话 对 谢谢 再见 |
[18:46] | We wanted to show you the sea lions that are usually here, | 本想让你们看看在这常见的海狮 |
[18:48] | but today they went somewhere else. | 但今天它们去别的地方了 |
[18:49] | Not all of them. | 还有一只 |
[19:16] | So, where are we now? Wait, let me guess. | 我们现在在哪 等等 让我猜猜 |
[19:17] | Is this the neighborhood | 这片街区 |
[19:18] | where they filmed So I Married an Axe Murderer? | 是拍《我嫁给斧头杀手》的地方吗 |
[19:20] | “Look at the size of that boy’s head. | “看那孩子头部的大小” |
[19:23] | It’s like a… an orange on a toothpick.” | “就像牙签上扎了个橘子” |
[19:25] | N-Not quite. | 不是 |
[19:27] | I-I wanted you… | 我想让你 |
[19:30] | to see this. | 看看这个 |
[19:36] | We haven’t really mentioned the elephant in the room, | 我们一直还没谈正事 |
[19:39] | and I think it’s time that we at least start talking about it. | 我觉得是时候开始聊聊了 |
[19:43] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[19:45] | I miss the kids, and I think, I think that this would be | 我也想孩子们 我觉得这对我们来说 |
[19:49] | perfect for us. | 是最好的 |
[19:52] | To… buy? | 要买吗… |
[19:53] | To think about, if you’re willing. | 只是考虑一下 如果你愿意 |
[20:00] | Can I show you? | 跟我看下好吗 |
[20:03] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[20:04] | There’s three bedrooms upstairs, each with their own bathroom. | 楼上有三间卧室 每个都带独立卫生间 |
[20:08] | And don’t forget the converted ADU | 别忘了为外祖母准备的 |
[20:09] | off the garage for grandma. | 由车库改造的附楼 |
[20:11] | – Good to see you, Toby. – How are you, Larry? | -很高兴见到你 托比 -你好吗 拉里 |
[20:13] | Thanks for seeing us. | 谢谢你接待我们 |
[20:14] | – This is my wife. – Kate. | -这是我妻子 -凯特 |
[20:16] | So nice to finally meet you. | 很高兴终于见到你了 |
[20:19] | Toby, in answer to your question, I found out the owners | 托比 针对你的问题 我得知房主 |
[20:21] | – updated the kitchen and the HVAC five years ago. – Great. | -五年前翻修了厨房和空调系统 -很好 |
[20:25] | And they’d be open | 而且他们同意 |
[20:26] | to leaving the trampoline for Jack and Hailey. | 把蹦床留给杰克和海莉 |
[20:29] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[20:32] | – I’ll let you guys explore. – Thank you. | -你们可以随意看看 -谢谢 |
[20:34] | Oh, yeah, there’s a trampoline. | 对了 还有蹦床 |
[20:37] | How many times have you been here? | 你来过多少次了 |
[20:39] | Just a couple. I run by here all the time. | 几次而已 我常经过这里 |
[20:40] | I’ve always loved this house. | 我一直很喜欢这幢房子 |
[20:42] | One day, a “For sale” sign went up, and, I don’t know, | 有一天 突然挂上了”出售”标志 |
[20:44] | it just got me thinking. The great part is that | 然后我开始考虑 最大的好处是 |
[20:46] | the kids’ rooms aren’t too far from what would be our room, | 孩子们的房间不会离我们的太远 |
[20:49] | so we’d be close but not right on top of each other. | 所以我们既能很亲密又不会互相影响 |
[20:51] | Come on, I want to show you. | 来 我带你去看 |
[20:58] | Larry, thank you so much. I’ll call you, okay? | 拉里 十分感谢 我会打给你 好吗 |
[21:01] | I will. Don’t do anything until I call. | 一定会的 那之前别轻举妄动 |
[21:05] | So… so, what’d you think, huh? | 所以 你有什么想法 |
[21:09] | I think it’s overwhelming. | 我感觉有点不知所措 |
[21:11] | I’m… I am sure. I know that, I know that this feels quick, | 我理解 我知道感觉有点仓促 |
[21:14] | but don’t panic, the owners aren’t accepting offers | 但别担心 房主后天之前 |
[21:16] | until the day after tomorrow, so we have plenty of time | 不会开放接单 所以我们有足够的时间 |
[21:19] | to think about it and put together a pros-and-cons list. | 可以考虑 列个利弊清单 |
[21:21] | The day after tomorrow is not enough time | 到后天也没有足够时间 |
[21:23] | to-to make this… this huge decision. | 来做…这么重大的决定 |
[21:25] | I mean, Toby, can we even afford it? | 托比 我们能付得起房价吗 |
[21:28] | Yes. We can. | 没问题 可以 |
[21:29] | Because I may have already gotten us preapproved for a loan | 因为我可能已经预获批了一笔贷款 |
[21:33] | and talked to a real estate agent back in L.A. | 而且也跟洛杉矶的房地产中介聊过 |
[21:35] | about what we could get for our house. | 我们的房子能卖多少钱 |
[21:38] | Toby, I thought that we were just, like, | 托比 我们难道不是 |
[21:41] | wrapping our heads around the idea of San Francisco, and… | 还在考虑搬来旧金山吗 |
[21:44] | and now we’re making this big decision | 可是现在怎么就开始做决定 |
[21:46] | and putting an offer on a house | 准备出价买下这套 |
[21:47] | – that I’m-I’m seeing for the first time? – I know. | -我第一次看的房子 -怪我 |
[21:50] | I’m sorry. I just, I-I didn’t, | 抱歉 我只是 我不… |
[21:52] | I didn’t want to present you with hypotheticals. | 我不想拿着一堆假设跟你聊 |
[21:54] | Kate, trust me, I have put a lot of thought into this. | 凯特 相信我 我在这件事上花了很多心思 |
[21:58] | There are these incredible hiking trails | 这里有很美的登山小路 |
[22:00] | that lead to an awesome park right on the Bay. | 能通向湾区一个超棒的公园 |
[22:02] | We’re near the airport for easy trips back to L.A. | 我们离机场很近 回洛杉矶也很方便 |
[22:07] | Kate… | 凯特 |
[22:09] | we can do this. | 我们能做到 |
[22:12] | We can make a life up here, | 我们可以在这里生活 |
[22:14] | together. | 一起生活 |
[22:18] | Come on, let me show you where your mom and Miguel can stay. | 来吧 我带你看看你妈妈和米格尔可以住哪 |
[22:21] | Come on. You’re gonna love it. | 来吧 你一定会喜欢的 |
[22:25] | Okay, Katie girl. You ready to get your face in the water, huh? | 凯特宝贝 你准备好潜下去了吗 |
[22:29] | Come on, come on. Let’s do it together, let’s do it together. | 来吧 来吧 我们一起来 我们一起 |
[22:32] | – We’ll do it together. – No, no, no, no, no! | -我们一起来 -不不不 不要 |
[22:33] | Okay, okay, how about, uh… | 好吧 好吧 那不如… |
[22:39] | How about a new tactic, okay? | 那不如换个新方法 好吗 |
[22:41] | How about… how about we float on your back? Okay? | 不如…不如我们躺在水上 好吗 |
[22:45] | I’ll be right here so that you don’t go under, okay? | 我会扶着你 那样你就不会沉下去了 好吗 |
[22:49] | All right, here, just let go, just let go. | 好了 松手吧 松手吧 |
[22:52] | Okay, so… | 好了 |
[22:55] | you’re in a bad spot, | 你现在处境很糟糕 |
[22:57] | but that’s just for now. | 不过这只是暂时的 |
[23:00] | Dad hasn’t been gone that long. | 爸去世还没多久 |
[23:02] | – Everything’s weird. – Yeah. | -一切都很奇怪 -是啊 |
[23:03] | And maybe instead of focusing on what’s not so great, | 你先别关注那些不好的东西 |
[23:06] | you can focus on what you want to happen next. | 可以想想你希望会发生的事情 |
[23:08] | Like, what do you want to do? What do you want to be? | 比如 你想做什么 你想成为什么 |
[23:10] | God, you guys. Come on. | 天啊 你们俩 得了吧 |
[23:14] | Guidance counselor’s not a good look on either of you. | 你们俩都不适合当辅导员 |
[23:17] | If you could dream of doing anything, | 假如你可以幻想做任何事 |
[23:19] | what would it be? Anything. | 你想做什么 什么事都行 |
[23:23] | That is the problem. | 这就是问题所在 |
[23:26] | I can’t think of anything. | 我什么都想不到 |
[23:28] | Okay, I’m not like you guys. | 好吗 我不像你们 |
[23:30] | You know, you want to be an actor, | 你想当演员 |
[23:32] | and you want to change the world. | 你想改变世界 |
[23:35] | We’re the exact same age, and you guys are | 我们都一样大 但你们俩 |
[23:37] | way ahead of me. | 领先我太多了 |
[23:40] | Randall, you’ve already met the love of your life. | 兰德尔 你已经找到了此生挚爱 |
[23:43] | And, Kevin, I mean, | 而凯文 |
[23:45] | you’re so far ahead, you’ve already ruined one marriage. | 你就领先更多了 你已经毁了一段婚姻 |
[23:52] | I just… | 我只是… |
[23:57] | When I look into my future… | 当我展望我的未来时 |
[24:02] | I literally see | 我真的 |
[24:04] | nothing. | 什么都看不到 |
[24:06] | No job, no family. | 没有工作 没有家庭 |
[24:12] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[24:16] | You know, you wouldn’t think it would take this long to get a Lyft | 没想到在创立网约车公司的小镇 |
[24:19] | in the town where the company was started. | 居然还要等这么久才能叫到车 |
[24:23] | Hey, listen, I’m sorry | 听我说 抱歉 |
[24:25] | that I sprung the house thing on you like that. | 我没给你心理准备就跟你说房子的事 |
[24:28] | I-I meant for it to be a grand gesture, | 我本来是想给你一个大惊喜 |
[24:30] | and I think it might have been a grand mistake. | 但我现在觉得这可能是一个大错误 |
[24:33] | I’m just excited for you to be up here. | 我只是因为你来了 太激动了 |
[24:35] | I know. I am, too. | 我知道 我也是 |
[24:38] | I’m just processing is all. | 我只是在消化这一切 |
[24:41] | – Okay. Yeah. – Yeah. | -行 好吧 -是啊 |
[24:42] | Everybody at work is really excited to meet you tonight. | 我的同事们都很期待今晚能见到你 |
[24:46] | I think we’re gonna have a really good time. | 我们应该会玩得很开心的 |
[24:47] | Me, too. | 我也觉得 |
[24:49] | The driver can cancel? That’s a thing? | 司机还能取消订单 这算什么事 |
[24:52] | – Okay. – Can we just walk? | -行吧 -我们能走过去吗 |
[24:56] | It… No, I’ll just get another one. | 不用 我再叫另一辆车 |
[24:58] | Well, I thought you said your boss lived close by. | 你不是说你老板就住在附近吗 |
[25:01] | Yeah, it’s not far, but it’s… it’s… | 是啊 是不远 可是… |
[25:04] | – You know. – But what? | -你也知道 -可是什么 |
[25:07] | It’s-it’s all up… uphill, so… | 全都是上坡路 |
[25:15] | There we go. Casey is gonna be here in eight minutes. | 叫到了 凯西八分钟后就到 |
[25:20] | Why is the car spinning in circles? | 为什么这辆车在绕圈 |
[25:23] | This is so beautiful. | 这里太漂亮了 |
[25:24] | Yeah, my-my boss sold his first company | 是啊 我老板把他第一家公司 |
[25:27] | to Google for a boatload of money. | 卖给了谷歌 赚了一大船的钱 |
[25:29] | Like, literally, that’s how he got his boat. | 还真是字面意思 他的船就是这样买的 |
[25:31] | But he’s surprisingly down to earth, as is everyone, | 但他却意外地很接地气 大家都是 |
[25:34] | especially for a bunch of tech weenies. | 他们作为技术宅 这样很难得 |
[25:35] | And here’s a warning. | 对了 提醒一句 |
[25:36] | Do not ask anyone what they actually do for work, | 不要问他们到底是做什么的 |
[25:40] | trust me. | 相信我 |
[25:41] | There they are. The couple of the hour. | 终于来了 我们的明星夫妇 |
[25:43] | Finally, I get to meet the famous Kate. | 我终于见到了大名鼎鼎的凯特 |
[25:45] | – Hi. – Kate, this is my boss, Amir. | -你好 -凯特 这是我老板 阿米尔 |
[25:47] | Nice to meet you, and you are way too young | 很高兴认识你 你太年轻了 |
[25:49] | to be the Amir that I’ve heard so much about. | 你一定不是我听说过的那个阿米尔吧 |
[25:50] | What are you, like, 25? | 你看着也就才25岁吧 |
[25:52] | – I love her instantly, Toby. – I knew you would. | -我已经喜欢上她了 托比 -我就知道你会的 |
[25:55] | – Well, thank you for having us tonight. – Are you kidding? | -感谢你今晚邀请我们 -别逗了 |
[25:57] | I’ve been wanting to meet you ever since Toby joined us. | 自从托比加入我们后 我就一直期待跟你见面 |
[25:59] | – Come on, I’ll give you a tour. – Okay. | -跟我来 我带你们转一圈 -好 |
[26:02] | So you’ve been with the company a while, then? | 你在这家公司工作已经有一段时间了 |
[26:04] | Yupper. Started here after Facebook, | 是啊 从脸书跳槽后我就到这了 |
[26:07] | – and just never left. – Wow. And what do you do? | -一直没离开 -那你是干什么的 |
[26:11] | You know how most businesses can’t afford | 你知道大多数公司都承受不起 |
[26:13] | non-technical managers ideating unrealistic features? | 非技术管理者提出不切实际的想法吧 |
[26:19] | And your kids are so cute. Toby showed me the picture | 你们的孩子好可爱 托比给我看了 |
[26:22] | of Hailey wrapped around Jack like a baby koala. | 海莉像小树袋熊一样搂着杰克的照片 |
[26:25] | I called my wife immediately and told her, “Let’s have a baby.” | 我立刻打给我妻子 告诉她”我们也生个孩子” |
[26:28] | Their cuteness is powerful. | 他们的可爱太强大了 |
[26:31] | It really is. Thank you. | 确实是 谢谢你 |
[26:33] | So, whether it’s reporting or machine learning, | 因此 无论是报告还是机器学习 |
[26:36] | I automate tasks for the company | 我都能为公司实现任务自动化 |
[26:38] | because no one wants communication | 因为没有人希望 |
[26:40] | and product inefficiencies between the engineers | 工程师和其他人之间出现交流困难 |
[26:42] | and everybody else, right? | 或者生产效率低下 对吧 |
[26:43] | – Right. – Which is where I come in. | -是啊 -这就是我的工作 |
[26:45] | What do you know about infrastructure platforms? | 你对基础设施平台了解多少 |
[26:47] | She thinks they’re overrated, just like Smash Mouth. | 她觉得它们名不副实 跟破嘴合唱团一样 |
[26:49] | Have you tried this? Try this. | 你尝过这个了吗 尝尝吧 |
[26:51] | – Oh. Thanks. Sure. – Thanks so much. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[26:52] | – Can I borrow her? Hey, come on. – Enjoy. | -我能把她带走吗 走吧 -好好享受 |
[26:54] | How you doing? You doing okay? | 你还好吗 你还好吧 |
[26:56] | Yeah. Yeah, I really am. | 我很好 非常好 |
[26:58] | – I mean, Toby, everybody’s really great. – Yeah. | -每个人都很有意思 -对吧 |
[27:01] | – Hi, Kate. Sorry to interrupt. – Hi. | -凯特 抱歉打扰一下 -你好 |
[27:03] | But Warren said you agreed to trade him Steph Curry. | 沃伦说你愿意拿库里跟他换 |
[27:06] | What? | 什么 |
[27:06] | – Is that true? – No! | -是真的吗 -做梦 |
[27:07] | Why would I do that? Curry’s like the heart of my team. | 我怎么可能这么玩 库里是我队里的主力 |
[27:09] | Sorry. This is fantasy basketball. | 抱歉 我们在玩虚拟篮球 |
[27:11] | I’ll be back in one and a half seconds. | 我马上就回来 |
[27:12] | Bro. What are you… | 老兄 你说什么 |
[27:15] | What are you talking about, I give you Curry? | 你说什么 我给你库里干什么 |
[27:18] | – You said it. – I said it in a bar. | -你说了 -我在酒吧说的 |
[27:43] | I’m so happy you came. | 你能来真是太好了 |
[27:45] | Toby’s been a lifesaver up here. | 托比是这家公司的救星 |
[27:47] | Most popular at the company by multiple degrees | 我们公司同事之间都真心互相欣赏 |
[27:50] | in an office where everyone genuinely likes each other. | 托比却还是光速成为了这里的大红人 |
[27:53] | Well, the feeling is very mutual. | 他同样也很喜欢这里 |
[27:55] | Thank God he turned down the job offer back in L.A. | 幸亏他拒绝了洛杉矶的工作机会 |
[27:58] | Losing him would’ve been a huge blow for us. | 他要是走了 我们可就惨了 |
[28:06] | – Will you just excuse me for a second? – Sure. | -我失陪一下 -好的 |
[28:43] | – Do you understand it? – No, not at all. | -你听懂了吗 -完全没有 |
[28:45] | – Do you understand it? We work here, – Uh… Warren might. | -你听懂没 我们在这上班… -沃伦也许可以 |
[28:47] | – and we don’t understand it. -Yeah. | -我们都听不懂 -对啊 |
[28:49] | – This is my point. – We need to leave. | -我就是这个意思 -我们得走了 |
[28:52] | Uh, yeah, good-good call. | 行 好主意 |
[28:53] | We got to… We have dinner reservations, okay? | 我们要走了 我们约了晚餐 |
[28:55] | Let’s just find Amir, and we can say goodbye. | 我们去找阿米尔打个招呼 |
[28:56] | We’re not saying goodbye. | 不用打招呼 |
[28:57] | We’re not going to dinner. We need to leave. | 晚餐不去了 我们走 |
[29:01] | Okay. I’ll just call us a Lyft. | 好 我来叫辆车 |
[29:04] | Hey, what is…? Okay. | 你怎么突然… 行吧 |
[29:06] | Kate? Kate? Kate, Kate, Kate. | 凯特 凯特 凯特 |
[29:08] | What is…? What’s-what’s the matter? | 你怎么了 发生什么了 |
[29:10] | You got a job offer in L.A.? | 你在洛杉矶有个工作机会 |
[29:14] | Y-Yeah, I applied for that job | 对 我在被这家录用的很久以前 |
[29:17] | long before I got the job up here. | 申请过那份工作 |
[29:19] | And the official offer came in | 正式的录用通知 |
[29:21] | two weeks ago, and it was a joke. | 两周前才到 简直是个笑话 |
[29:23] | It was, like, a big step-down in title, and barely any money. | 职位降了好几级 给的钱也少 |
[29:24] | You made a decision that directly affects me | 你做了一个会直接影响我和孩子的决定 |
[29:26] | and our children without telling me? | 却跟我只字未提吗 |
[29:28] | – You lied to me. – I didn’t lie to you. | -你这是在骗我 -我没骗你 |
[29:30] | And you made a fool out of me in there. | 你让我在这里就像个傻瓜一样 |
[29:37] | Can we just talk about this before we get in this car? | 我们上车之前能不能先聊聊这件事 |
[29:39] | No. I need a minute. | 不 我要冷静一下 |
[30:09] | All right, how much? | 说吧 多少钱 |
[30:13] | How much what? | 什么多少钱 |
[30:13] | How much more does the job pay up here? | 这里的工作多给你多少钱 |
[30:17] | You want me to give you numbers? | 你需要知道具体数字吗 |
[30:18] | Yeah. Yeah, Toby, I’d like numbers. | 对 托比 我想知道具体数字 |
[30:21] | I need to know how much is worth me giving up my job, | 我想知道多少钱能让我放弃工作 |
[30:23] | and a house where Jack feels comfortable, | 让杰克离开他熟悉的家 |
[30:25] | not to mention being near my family and my sick mother | 还能让我们远离我的家人 我抱病的妈妈 |
[30:29] | in the same city as Hailey has two cousins the same age | 让海莉不能和她同龄的表姐弟 |
[30:31] | – to grow up with. – That’s not a fair question. | -在同一个城市长大 -你这么问不公平 |
[30:34] | It’s not fair that you’re not thinking about our family? | 你都不考虑我们这个家 还谈什么公平 |
[30:37] | I’m not thinking about our family? | 我没有考虑我们这个家吗 |
[30:39] | That’s awesome. | 好极了 |
[30:40] | How have you been, then? | 那你到底过得怎么样 |
[30:42] | What do you think I have been doing up here? | 你觉得我能过得怎么样 |
[30:44] | Living out of a suitcase, | 拖着行李箱到处跑 |
[30:46] | not-not sure which city I’m waking up in, | 一睁眼都不知道在哪座城市 |
[30:48] | spending all these lonely nights in this antiseptic apartment. | 每晚都孤零零地在这间死气沉沉的公寓度过 |
[30:51] | This is all for our family, Kate. | 这都是为了我们的家 |
[30:54] | Do you know that we have a blind son? | 你还记得我们有个失明的儿子吗 |
[30:56] | Oh, really? I-I didn’t realize. | 是吗 我都没意识到呢 |
[30:58] | I thought he was just clumsy. | 我以为他只是笨手笨脚 |
[31:00] | He knows every inch of our house. | 家里的每一处他都摸清了 |
[31:02] | We’re teaching him a song to get to the park. | 为了告诉他怎么去公园 我在教他一首歌 |
[31:04] | Okay, you think it’s easy to just, like, | 你觉得把他拎出来 |
[31:05] | uproot him and-and put him in a new environment? | 再塞到一个新环境里 很容易吗 |
[31:08] | Okay, you get to ask a bunch of questions. | 好 你问了一大堆问题 |
[31:11] | Let me ask a few. | 我也问几个 |
[31:13] | Have you penciled out how expensive it would be | 你算没算过 如果杰克要去念特殊学校 |
[31:15] | to send Jack to a special school if he needs one? | 开销会有多大 |
[31:18] | Because I have. | 我算过 |
[31:19] | Never mind all of the assistive technology he’s gonna need. | 更别提他需要用到的科技辅助了 |
[31:22] | Do you know a braille notetaker alone costs six grand? | 你知不知道 光是一个盲文记事本就要六千块 |
[31:27] | And that-that-that… that’s just | 还有很多 这个还只是 |
[31:28] | when he’s living at home with us. | 他跟我们住在一起需要的花销 |
[31:30] | What if he wants to go off to college | 如果他有一天想去上大学 |
[31:32] | or live on his own one day? | 想自己生活 怎么办 |
[31:34] | I have big dreams for our son, Kate, | 我对咱们儿子有很大的期望 凯特 |
[31:37] | and I’m gonna be damn sure that he has whatever he needs | 不管他需要什么 想过上什么样的生活 |
[31:40] | to live his life however he so chooses. | 我拼了命都要满足他 |
[31:43] | And we can’t afford any of that on an assistant teacher salary | 如果在洛杉矶干一份很一般的工作 |
[31:46] | and some middling job in Los Angeles | 就拿那一点点钱 |
[31:49] | that doesn’t pay me any real money. | 我们连家教老师的钱都付不起 |
[31:51] | Right. Money. Still haven’t told me the number. | 是 钱 你还是没告诉我多少钱 |
[31:58] | It’s not just about the money, is it? | 不光是为了钱 对不对 |
[32:03] | It’s kind of about you. Right? | 是为了你自己 对吧 |
[32:05] | Watching you up here– I don’t know– | 看着你在那里 我说不上来 |
[32:08] | you’re pretty much the happiest you’ve ever been, aren’t you? | 你大概从来没有这么快乐过 对吧 |
[32:10] | Kate, I am away from my family. | 凯特 我离家十万八千里 |
[32:14] | I’m-I’m on four planes a week. I am exhausted. | 一周要坐好几趟飞机 我筋疲力尽 |
[32:17] | Yeah, but you’re happy, right? | 是 但你很快乐 不是吗 |
[32:19] | You’re happy with your job, with your stature. | 你很满意你的工作 你很招人喜欢 |
[32:21] | Personally, you’re happy. | 在我看来 你就是很快乐 |
[32:22] | I-I don’t know why you just can’t admit it. | 我不明白你为什么不能承认这一点 |
[32:24] | Yes, yes, I’m happy! I’m happy. | 是 是 我很快乐 我很快乐 |
[32:26] | And this is gonna sound like a strange question to ask my wife, | 我没想到我有一天要问我老婆这个问题 |
[32:28] | but don’t you want that for me? | 难道你不希望我快乐吗 |
[32:30] | Of course I want that for you. | 我当然希望你快乐 |
[32:34] | Then why doesn’t it feel that way? | 那我怎么感觉不是这么回事 |
[32:40] | You know, sometimes I look at you, Toby, | 托比 有的时候 我看着你 |
[32:41] | and I don’t even know who you are anymore. | 我都不知道你是谁了 |
[32:45] | I don’t. | 我不知道 |
[32:46] | You drink expensive champagne. | 你喝着名贵的香槟 |
[32:49] | You know how to work a room. | 你知道怎么活跃气氛 |
[32:51] | You’re not the guy who wore those terrible Hawaiian shirts | 你不会再穿着老土的夏威夷衫 |
[32:55] | or would make those loud, inappropriate jokes. | 大声说着不合时宜的笑话了 |
[32:57] | You’re not the guy who’d ask for the wine list | 你不会再看着酒水菜单 |
[32:59] | and says, “Bring me the whole left side.” | 然后说”左边这列我全都要”了 |
[33:01] | The goofy guy from our first date, | 你不再是那个初次约会时傻乎乎的人 |
[33:04] | the Old Toby, the guy that I fell in love with. | 那个以前的托比 我爱上的那个人 |
[33:09] | I miss him. | 我好想他 |
[33:12] | I miss him so much that I’ve been picturing him | 我想他想到 整个周末我都在幻想着 |
[33:16] | this weekend here with me. | 他在这里陪我 |
[33:20] | So this whole time that I’ve been thinking | 所以整个周末 我一直觉得 |
[33:22] | that we’re really connecting, | 我们是在联络感情 |
[33:24] | you’ve just been imagining yourself | 而你其实一直在想象 |
[33:26] | with a different version of me? | 你和另一个版本的我在一起吗 |
[33:29] | That is not what I said. That’s not what I’m saying. | 我刚刚没这么说 我不是这个意思 |
[33:31] | – Is he… is he here? – Don’t do that. | -他 他在这里吗 -别这样 |
[33:33] | Is he here now? Oh, you know, maybe we should just… | 他现在在吗 也许我们应该 |
[33:35] | we should get him out here. Hey, let’s get Old Toby out here | 我们应该请他出来 我们让以前的托比出来 |
[33:38] | to join in on this fun! Huh? Hey, you know… | 一起开心一下怎么样 |
[33:41] | you know what I’d love to say to Old Toby, Kate? | 凯特 你知道我想跟以前的托比说什么吗 |
[33:45] | He was a mess. | 他是一团糟 |
[33:47] | He was miserable and insecure and self-loathing. | 他非常痛苦 不安 而且他讨厌自己 |
[33:51] | And all-all of that goofiness | 所有他干过的那些蠢事 |
[33:54] | and-and the loud jokes– that was out of self-defense. | 还有那些糟糕的笑话 都是出于自我保护 |
[33:58] | Kate, you fell in love with a coping mechanism. | 凯特 你爱上的是一种应对机制 |
[34:01] | And FYI, if that guy hadn’t changed, | 再说了 如果那个家伙一点都没改变的话 |
[34:03] | he would have jumped off a bridge or died of a heart attack | 他可能早就从桥上跳下去 或者死于心脏病了 |
[34:06] | making a joke at his own expense. | 让他自己彻底成为一个笑话 |
[34:08] | Wait. I almost did that last part. | 等等 最后那一步我差点就完成了 |
[34:15] | What is so terrible about me right now? | 而且现在的我有那么糟糕吗 |
[34:19] | That I don’t want to dress like a clown? | 就因为我不想穿得像一个小丑 |
[34:22] | That I want to buy a nice house for my family? | 还是因为我想为我的家人买一栋漂亮的房子 |
[34:27] | I don’t know, Toby. | 托比 我不知道 |
[34:28] | You’re just different. | 你就是不一样了 |
[34:32] | And you’re not, Kate? | 难道你没变吗 凯特 |
[34:36] | Why is this conversation all about me? | 为什么我们一直在聊我 |
[34:39] | When-when… when we first got together, | 当初 我们刚在一起的时候 |
[34:41] | it felt like you and me against the world. | 我觉得是我们一起对抗全世界 |
[34:45] | And today, you couldn’t go 20 minutes | 但现在 我们都无法单独相处20分钟 |
[34:47] | just us, without FaceTiming the kids. | 你就想和孩子们视频 |
[34:50] | After shooting down an entire day | 你直接推翻了我花好几周时间 |
[34:51] | that I spent weeks planning for you. | 为你安排的周末计划 |
[34:54] | Admit I’m happy? | 还要逼我承认我很开心 |
[34:56] | Kate, what about you? | 凯特 那你呢 |
[34:58] | You love the life that you are living, | 你很喜欢你现在过的生活 |
[35:01] | this life that you are building without me, | 你自己构建起来的生活 里面没有我 |
[35:05] | where you’re the… you’re the working supermom | 你是一个全职工作的超级妈妈 |
[35:07] | who gets to live with her brother again. | 还能再和自己哥哥住在一起 |
[35:10] | You finally get to be the fully realized version of yourself, | 你总算成为了完整的自己 |
[35:13] | and all you had to do was get me out of that house. | 现在你只需要把我从家里赶出去就好了 |
[35:25] | When I was younger, I would… | 在我小的时候 我会… |
[35:28] | well, I couldn’t even think about the future | 其实我根本不敢想象未来的样子 |
[35:30] | because it just was blank. | 因为未来就是一片空白 |
[35:33] | And… | 而且 |
[35:37] | I felt that way for a really… | 这种感觉持续了 |
[35:38] | a long, long time until I met you. | 很长很长的时间 直到我遇到了你 |
[35:41] | And you… you took away a lot of that emptiness. | 你 你填补了我的未来中非常多的空白 |
[35:46] | And so, yeah, Toby, now I have a full life | 所以是的 托比 现在我生活得很充实 |
[35:50] | that I could have never dreamed. | 是我过去从不敢想象的充实 |
[35:54] | And I feel healthy, I feel connected, | 我感觉很健康 有亲密的关系 |
[35:57] | I feel like I have a purpose. | 我觉得我的生活是有意义的 |
[36:01] | I love my life. I’m-I’m really, really happy. | 我爱我的生活 我真的真的很开心 |
[36:11] | Except for the one thing that’s making me really, really sad. | 但还有一件事让我真的非常伤心 |
[36:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:37] | We should have talked about the L.A. Offer | 我们本应该聊聊洛杉矶工作那件事 |
[36:39] | even if it wasn’t a good one. | 哪怕那份工作不算好 |
[36:45] | We probably should have also talked | 我们也许还应该好好聊一聊 |
[36:47] | about the fact that for most of my life, | 其实在我大部分的生活中 |
[36:49] | I have been desperate, desperate to feel valued at my job, | 我一直非常非常渴求在工作上被认可 |
[36:54] | to not just feel like I’m taking up space. | 而不是总觉得自己是多余的 |
[36:59] | I can relate. | 我有同感 |
[37:01] | And… I’m not just taking up space here, Kate. | 我现在完全不多余 凯特 |
[37:08] | And neither are you. | 你也一样 |
[37:11] | As wrung out and as exhausted as I am, | 尽管我四处奔波 筋疲力尽 |
[37:16] | I’m happy for us. | 但我还是很为我们开心 |
[37:19] | We have both figured out our worth. | 我们都找到了自己的价值 |
[37:23] | We evolved. | 我们都提升了 |
[37:25] | I love you. I love our family. | 我爱你 我爱我们的家 |
[37:28] | But there are some real-world logistics at play here, | 但家庭的维系需要稳定的后勤保障 |
[37:32] | and we are gonna have to move to San Francisco. | 所以我们必须搬到旧金山来 |
[37:34] | That’s how these logistics are gonna play out. | 这样才能有稳定的后勤保障 |
[37:36] | I need you to get on board because… | 我需要你同意搬过来 |
[37:39] | moving here is the only way that we are gonna stay a family. | 因为搬来这里是唯一能维系我们家庭的方法 |
[37:42] | It is the only option. | 这是唯一的选择 |
[37:50] | I’m gonna go get some air. | 我要出去透透气 |
[37:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:04] | All right, gang, it’s time to get the hell out of here. | 好了 伙计们 是时候离开这里了 |
[38:07] | How? | 怎么离开 |
[38:10] | We climb. | 翻出去 |
[38:34] | Hey, Katie girl, look at me. Look at me. | 凯特宝贝 看着我 看着我 |
[38:37] | I believe you can do it. | 我相信你能做到的 |
[38:39] | Okay, and Mommy, Randall and Kevin– | 还有妈妈 兰德尔和小凯 |
[38:42] | they believe you can do it. | 他们也都相信你能做到 |
[38:44] | Now the only thing that needs to happen | 现在唯一欠缺的就是 |
[38:46] | is that you believe you can do it. | 你也要相信你自己能做到 |
[38:52] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[39:03] | I’m gonna go over to the other side, | 我先翻过去 |
[39:04] | and then I’ll help you down. | 然后我再接你下来 |
[39:15] | Just… | 很简单 |
[39:18] | I’ll meet you at the top. | 我在上面接你 |
[39:28] | One step at a time, Kate. No sweat. | 凯特 一次爬一步 你没问题的 |
[39:55] | Okay, Katie girl. Here’s the moment. | 好了 凯特宝贝 是时候游了 |
[39:59] | Just let go. Katie, just let go. Let go. | 试试看 凯特 放开爸爸 放开 |
[40:02] | I will never let go, Daddy, ever! | 我绝对不会放手的 爸爸 绝对不放 |
[40:05] | Yeah? Why not? | 是吗 为什么不放手 |
[40:08] | Why would I? | 我为什么要放手 |
[40:16] | Come on, Kate. Just grab it. | 来呀 凯特 抓紧就行 |
[40:20] | – Guys… – You got this. | -伙计们 -你可以的 |
[40:22] | – You got this, Kate. – You got it. | -你可以的 凯特 -没问题 |
[40:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:30] | You got it. | 你可以的 |
[40:32] | You’re almost there, Kate. Let’s go. | 快到了 凯特 加油 |
[40:34] | Almost there! Oh! | 马上就够到了 |
[40:37] | – No. – Okay. | -不行 -没事 |
[40:38] | – Okay, relax. – Uh-uh. No. | -没事 放松 -不行 |
[40:39] | – We’re gonna try it again. – No, I can’t. | -我们可以再试一次 -不行 我做不到 |
[40:41] | I can’t, no. | 我不行 不行 |
[40:44] | No. | 不行 |
[40:52] | This one. | 坐在这 |
[40:57] | How’d she do? | 她学得怎么样 |
[40:59] | Today is not the day. | 今天估计不行了 |
[41:37] | Hey, Kate. How’s Frisco? | 凯特 洛杉矶怎么样 |
[41:39] | Is it foggy and expensive? | 是不是雾很大 东西都很贵 |
[41:41] | Did you, uh, fill Sheila’s job yet? | 你已经找到人接替希拉了吗 |
[41:47] | Uh, no, but we’re looking at applicants. | 还没有 不过我们还在招聘 |
[41:51] | I’d like to be considered. | 我也想要应聘 |