时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Could you tell us about November 7th, 1980? | 请告诉我们1980年11月7日发生了什么 |
[00:06] | I remember everything. | 我都记得 |
[00:08] | Will and Julie went riding their bikes around 4:00. | 威尔和朱莉大约四点左右去骑自行车了 |
[00:12] | Supposed to go by a friend’s house, kid says he never saw ’em. | 本该去一个朋友家 但那孩子说没见着他们 |
[00:15] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[00:16] | You’re their mother, where were you? | 你是他们的妈妈 你去哪了 |
[00:18] | I am entitled to a life! | 我有权过我的生活 |
[00:19] | How long have you folks been sleeping separate? | 你们俩分居多久了 |
[00:21] | Dan left last May, then I took the couch. | 丹是去年五月走的 然后我就睡了沙发 |
[00:23] | – Dan? – He’s my cousin. | -丹 -是我堂弟 |
[00:26] | You’re having memory problems, right? | 你记忆有问题 对吗 |
[00:28] | What? | 你说什么 |
[00:29] | You have memory problems. | 你记忆有问题 |
[00:30] | Henry’s coming with the people from the TV. | 亨利会带着电视台的人过来 |
[00:32] | So, you caught the case back in ’80? | 80年是你负责的那起案子 |
[00:34] | Didn’t work again ’til 90. | 直到90年才又工作 |
[00:36] | And your wife’s book | 你妻子的书 |
[00:37] | was considered a classic of literary non-fiction. | 被认为是纪实文学经典之作 |
[00:39] | I teach English. Will’s a student of mine. | 我教英语 威尔是我的学生 |
[00:42] | There’s a few of the older boys. | 学校里有那么几个高年级男生 |
[00:44] | They make it hard on the others. | 总会找其他学生的麻烦 |
[00:46] | Last name is Woodard, | 他姓伍达德 |
[00:47] | saw him riding around when I was looking for the kids. | 我开车找孩子们的时候看到他在周围转 |
[00:50] | What’s your partner doing? | 你搭档在干什么 |
[00:51] | Man was a long-range reconnaissance in ‘Nam. | 他是越战的远距离侦察兵 |
[00:55] | I found the boy. There’s no sign of the girl. | 我找到那个男孩了 没发现小女孩 |
[00:57] | Two months ago, the burglary | 两个月前 盗窃案 |
[00:59] | and only one set of prints. | 只有一组指纹 |
[01:01] | Julie Purcell. | 朱莉·珀塞尔 |
[01:02] | She’s alive? | 她还活着 |
[03:24] | 华盛顿县 验尸官办公室 | |
[03:25] | You have the autopsy report. | 你有验尸报告 |
[03:28] | I don’t need to go over that. | 不需要我再说一遍 |
[03:32] | Blunt force trauma… | 钝力外伤 |
[03:34] | and a cervical fracture. | 颈部骨折 |
[03:38] | Somebody broke his neck. | 有人扭断了他的脖子 |
[03:41] | Brought him to that cave. | 把他带去那山洞 |
[03:44] | Folded his hands, I guess. | 把他的手摆成那样 |
[03:49] | Alan. | 阿伦 |
[03:51] | Talk to me about Oklahoma. You have to, man. | 把俄克拉荷马的案情告诉我 |
[03:53] | Wayne, this isn’t the time– | 韦恩 现在不是时候 |
[03:54] | How many sets of prints were taken? | 取了几份指纹 |
[03:57] | Do they know she was one of the robbers and not a customer? | 他们确定她是盗窃犯而不是顾客吗 |
[04:00] | If they found her, you wouldn’t even be talkin’ to me, right? | 如果他们找到她了 你们就不会叫我过来了 |
[04:03] | Do they have video surveillance? | 有监控录像吗 |
[04:04] | Mr. Hays, the purpose of this deposition | 海斯先生 这次取证的目的 |
[04:06] | is to give your statement, not to extract one from us. | 是录取你的口供 而不是我们的 |
[04:09] | I’m pretty easygoin’, but go away already. | 我挺好相处的 你试试 |
[04:12] | I don’t think I will. | 免了吧 |
[04:15] | Look, we’re not at liberty to divulge details | 我们无权透露正在调查的 |
[04:17] | of an ongoing police investigation, | 案件详情 |
[04:20] | nor to share discovery items with anyone | 或是和检察官办公室以外的人 |
[04:22] | other than the prosecutor’s office. | 分享证物 |
[04:24] | Now, you can talk to them, if they’ll talk to you… | 你可以去找他们 如果他们愿意搭理你 |
[04:26] | All right, stop. | 行了 别说了 |
[04:29] | Wayne. | 韦恩 |
[04:31] | Finish up today, all right? | 把今天先搞定 |
[04:34] | Then after, we’ll speak. | 然后我们再谈 |
[04:36] | I’m sayin’… | 我说了 |
[04:38] | we’ll talk. OK? | 我会跟你谈的 好吗 |
[04:44] | Now, you were sayin’. | 你刚才说 |
[04:46] | You questioned people during this time. | 你在这期间找人问过话 |
[04:49] | Right? | 对吗 |
[04:50] | Do you know another way to do it? | 你有别的办法吗 |
[04:55] | The father worked at Wilson Body Works, | 孩子的父亲在威尔逊车行工作 |
[04:57] | where they used to make parts for school buses. | 那里主要给校车生产零件 |
[04:59] | We talked to everybody there. | 我们和车行的每个人都谈了话 |
[05:01] | Employed about a hundred people from West Finger. | 车行雇了一百来个西芬格人 |
[05:05] | The dolls were their own thing. | 娃娃是自制的 |
[05:07] | Wasn’t gettin’ us anywhere, either. | 没能提供任何线索 |
[05:16] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[05:19] | That guy collected garbage, Woodard. | 收垃圾的那个伍达德 |
[05:21] | We talked to him too. | 我们也找他谈过了 |
[05:23] | I saw the kids. They were pedaling into the sun. | 我有看到孩子们 他们朝太阳的方向骑走了 |
[05:27] | Headed west? | 朝西 |
[05:31] | We went by your place. | 我们去了你家 |
[05:34] | You sorta collect things, huh? | 你喜欢收集东西 是吗 |
[05:36] | I salvage trash that I can sell. | 我把可以卖出去的垃圾捡回来 |
[05:38] | You don’t need to make it sound better than that. | 你不用特意往好听了说 |
[05:40] | You got any other properties? Anywhere you keep things? | 你有其他房产吗 存放东西用的 |
[05:45] | I don’t have anyplace else. | 我没有其他房产 |
[05:47] | What’d you do before this? | 你之前是干什么的 |
[05:49] | Before you collected scrap. | 捡垃圾之前 |
[05:54] | Came back from overseas. ’72. | 我72年回国 |
[05:57] | Did some carpentry. | 干过木匠 |
[05:59] | Construction dropped off. Things didn’t work out. | 结果工程烂尾了 诸事不顺 |
[06:02] | My marriage. Stuff. | 我的婚姻 所有事 |
[06:05] | I was gone too long. | 我离开太久了 |
[06:07] | About four years ago she left me. | 大概四年前她离开了我 |
[06:09] | Took the kids. | 带走了孩子们 |
[06:12] | I was motor pool. | 我是机械兵 |
[06:14] | My man here was a LRRP. Two tours. | 这位曾经是远侦兵 有过两次驻派 |
[06:18] | Detective Hays. They called him Purple Hays over there. | 海斯警探 他们都管他叫老普·海斯 |
[06:24] | You miss your family? | 你想念家人吗 |
[06:26] | I– Yeah. | 我..想 |
[06:29] | I miss being someone that way… | 我想念那时候的我 |
[06:31] | a way I could have a family. | 能有一个家的我 |
[06:34] | You were recon? | 你当过侦察兵 |
[06:37] | Seventy-fifth Infantry. | 七十五步兵团 |
[06:40] | Sergeant. | 中士 |
[06:42] | You must be pretty insane. | 那你可真够疯狂的 |
[06:44] | Volunteerin’ for that. | 主动去干那个 |
[06:45] | I didn’t think about it much, tell ya the truth. | 说实话 我都没怎么考虑 |
[06:52] | I ain’t one of them burnouts. | 我跟那些飞车党不是一路人 |
[06:54] | Ya know, comes back bustin’ guys up, gettin’ high. | 他们打架斗殴 嗑药酗酒 |
[06:58] | And I ain’t a bum. | 我也不是流浪汉 |
[07:00] | I keep a house. I pay my way! | 我自己有房子 花了钱的 |
[07:03] | I ain’t judgin’, man. | 我没有在评判你什么 |
[07:06] | Look, I punch in and out. | 我打卡上下班 |
[07:10] | I put on a suit in the mornin’. | 早上穿上西装 |
[07:12] | And bein’ honest… | 说实话 |
[07:15] | I don’t have much of a life. | 我也没什么生活 |
[07:18] | So why? | 那为什么 |
[07:21] | Why punch in? | 为什么当起了上班族 |
[07:23] | Why the suit? Why– | 穿上了西装 为什么 |
[07:25] | I don’t ask myself questions like that. | 我从不问自己这样的问题 |
[07:29] | Could be I’m too chickenshit, Mr. Woodard. | 也许是我太胆小了 伍达德先生 |
[07:34] | It ain’t my world. | 这不是我的世界 |
[07:37] | Less than yours, even. | 更不是你的 |
[07:39] | But I did pretty good at following orders. | 但我曾经很擅长服从命令 |
[07:43] | Now… | 现在 |
[07:46] | You ever do this? | 你有经历过吗 |
[07:47] | I miss when “Don’t get killed” | 我想念那时候 |
[07:50] | was the only thing on my to-do list. | “别死了”是我唯一的待办事项 |
[07:54] | It’s hard to unplug from that. | 是很难走出来 |
[07:58] | I spent a year comin’ down. | 我花了整整一年 |
[08:05] | Just to go back over it, you sure you didn’t see anything? | 再回忆一遍 你确定什么都没有看到吗 |
[08:09] | I told you. | 我说过了 |
[08:11] | I saw the teenagers out there, too. | 我也看到那俩孩子了 |
[08:13] | I was goin’ in the other direction. | 我当时正往反方向开 |
[08:16] | You like kids, generally? | 你喜欢小孩吗 |
[08:19] | Do– | 什么… |
[08:21] | What the fuck’s the right answer to that? | 这是什么鬼问题 |
[08:27] | You think I– | 你是觉得我… |
[08:28] | Listen, I got two kids, OK? | 我也有俩孩子 好吗 |
[08:31] | Where are they? | 他们在哪 |
[08:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:36] | She didn’t tell me. | 她没有告诉我 |
[08:38] | And I haven’t gone lookin’. | 我也没有去找过 |
[08:41] | If I’d never left… | 我要是当时没有离开 |
[08:44] | I think it’d have been fine. | 就不会是这样了 |
[08:47] | But to go, and come back– | 可是离开后再回来 |
[08:51] | I just couldn’t put myself back in that old story, that’s all. | 一切都回不去了 就是这样 |
[08:54] | And I couldn’t leave it, either. Ya know? | 可我也没法放下 你懂吗 |
[08:59] | You ever been someplace you couldn’t leave, | 你有置身于这样的处境过吗 |
[09:02] | and you couldn’t stay… | 难以割舍却也难以留恋 |
[09:05] | both at the same time? | 被困在其中 |
[09:15] | Do you remember the place? | 还记得这地方吗 |
[09:23] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[09:36] | I can tell you all that none of us will rest | 我可以告诉你们 我们会不眠不休 |
[09:39] | until we achieve justice in the matter. | 直到正义得以伸张 |
[09:41] | Our detectives are hard at work, | 我们的警探们正全力以赴 |
[09:44] | and this is priority one for law enforcement | 而这起案件现在是华盛顿县 |
[09:47] | in Washington County and Northwest Arkansas. | 与阿肯色州西北的执法部门的头号大事 |
[09:52] | Now, it’s temporary, but we’re gonna have to have a curfew | 我们得实行一段时间的宵禁 |
[09:54] | for a little while. | 只是临时的 |
[09:55] | It’s important that we keep an eye on our kids right now, | 大家现在都得多留意你们的孩子 |
[09:58] | and we want to make sure you know where they are at all times, | 要能随时确定他们的位置 |
[10:00] | and that they’re indoors by 8:00. | 并且在8点前回家 |
[10:04] | Now, we can’t really say too much about the investigation, | 此刻关于调查我们无法透露更多细节 |
[10:07] | but I’m here to answer any questions I can. | 但我会尽可能地回答一切问题 |
[10:10] | Well, I don’t let mine go near Devil’s Den. | 我可不会让我的孩子去魔鬼穴国家公园那边 |
[10:12] | Everybody knows you got something happenin’ in it. | 所有人都知道那边不太平 |
[10:15] | Bums, junkies. | 流浪汉 瘾君子 |
[10:16] | Queers meet up out there. | 同性恋都聚集在那边 |
[10:19] | You have a question, sir? | 您有问题要问吗 先生 |
[10:20] | I wanna know what y’all are doing to break up that stuff. | 我想知道你们要如何解决这些问题 |
[10:23] | Clean up that park! | 清理那座公园 |
[10:25] | What about these junkies? | 那些瘾君子呢 |
[10:26] | You got heroin in Arkansas now. | 现在阿肯色州都有海洛因了 |
[10:29] | Right now our focus is tryin’ to find this little girl | 目前我们主要着力于找到这个小女孩 |
[10:32] | and bring her home. | 并带她回家 |
[10:33] | We’re considering every possibility. | 我们在考虑所有的可能性 |
[10:36] | And what about that fella, | 那个人呢 |
[10:37] | always digging through everybody’s trash. | 总是翻大家垃圾的那个人 |
[10:40] | Mr. Kindt, can you tell us | 金特先生 你能告诉我们 |
[10:42] | if they think the girl is still alive? | 警方认为女孩还活着吗 |
[10:43] | It’s our hope that she’s alive, yes. | 我们希望她还活着 对 |
[10:46] | But again, I really can’t discuss any of the details | 但是再次重申 我真的不能讨论 |
[10:48] | of the investigation. | 调查的细节 |
[10:50] | Now, our detectives have a pair of Xeroxes to pass out. | 现在我们的警探有两张复印件要发放 |
[10:54] | One is a picture of Julie Purcell. | 一张是朱莉·珀塞尔的照片 |
[10:58] | The other is the kind of backpack that the boy, Will, had. | 另一张是男孩威尔的那种背包 |
[11:01] | It’s red and has his name on it. | 红色的 上面有他的名字 |
[11:04] | Now, if anyone has any information of potential interest, | 如果任何人有任何可能有关的信息 |
[11:06] | no matter how far afield, share it with us. | 不管有多不沾边 都告诉我们 |
[11:09] | And trust that we will not let this terrible, | 并且信任我们不会让这恶劣 |
[11:11] | cowardly act go unpunished. | 懦弱的行径逍遥法外 |
[11:14] | Your old boss got real vocal around then. | 你以前的老板那时候风头正旺 |
[11:17] | Gerald Kindt had an election comin’ up the next year. | 当时杰拉德·金特要参加下一年的选举 |
[11:20] | I know. I guess that works to some point in your petition. | 我知道 我猜这一点对你的诉状起了些作用 |
[11:24] | It’s worth notin’, I think, his motivations. | 我认为他的动机无关紧要 |
[11:28] | Well… | 好吧 |
[11:29] | now he’s fuckin’ State Attorney General. | 现在他是州检察长了 |
[11:34] | But we didn’t work for him. He was your boss. | 但我们不是他的手下 他是你的上司 |
[11:37] | Oh, not for a good while now. | 已经很长时间不是了 |
[11:42] | The broken neck is clear. | 脖子断了很明确 |
[11:44] | But the way the arms were folded– | 但手臂合拢的样子 |
[11:47] | – I know. – And the other thing. | -我知道 -还有一点 |
[11:48] | The hell are those dolls for? | 那些娃娃是干什么用的 |
[11:50] | Correct. Look familiar, some way. | 没错 感觉有些眼熟 |
[11:53] | Like the kind of thing at country fairs. | 像是集市上的东西 |
[11:56] | What do you get from that crowd in there? | 里面那群人你怎么看 |
[11:59] | They’re worried. | 他们很担心 |
[12:06] | Could be thinkin’ it coulda been a neighbor. | 也许在想这事可能是某个邻居干得 |
[12:09] | Had ’em sign in. Saw some shifty eyes in there, but… | 让他们签到了 有些人左顾右盼 不过 |
[12:14] | may be my redneck radar. | 也许只是我的乡巴佬雷达 |
[12:17] | I don’t know. | 我也说不好 |
[12:20] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[12:41] | You found him, didn’t you? | 是你找到的他 对吗 |
[12:46] | You look like you haven’t slept in a couple days. | 你看起来像几天没睡过觉了 |
[12:48] | Work to do. | 有很多要忙的 |
[12:51] | How’s it at school? | 学校情况如何 |
[12:53] | Sad. | 悲伤 |
[12:56] | People are scared. | 大家都吓坏了 |
[13:05] | Been askin’ about this. | 我们在打听这个 |
[13:08] | We haven’t gotten anything. | 还没有收获 |
[13:10] | I don’t know, you knowin’ the kids and such. | 我也不知道 你了解孩子什么的 |
[13:16] | You ever seen anything like this? | 你见过这样的东西吗 |
[13:19] | Seen a kid with a doll like this? | 见过孩子玩这种娃娃吗 |
[13:22] | Maybe. I don’t know. | 也许吧 我也不确定 |
[13:24] | Looks like something you’d find in a craft store or something. | 像是在工艺品店之类的地方卖的东西 |
[13:29] | I– I haven’t seen any of the kids with them. | 我没见过哪个孩子玩这种娃娃 |
[13:34] | Can I keep this? | 照片我能留着吗 |
[13:37] | Sure. | 当然 |
[13:38] | I’ll ask around with the kids, | 我去问问孩子们 |
[13:40] | maybe check with the other teachers. | 也许再问问其他老师 |
[13:42] | All right. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[13:48] | Amelia. | 艾米莉亚 |
[13:53] | – OK, I gotta go. – All right. | -好了 我得走了 -好的 |
[13:57] | Be safe. | 保重 |
[14:05] | Now, this family– | 这家人 |
[14:06] | haven’t we spent enough with this? | 我们花得时间还不够吗 |
[14:19] | It’s helpin’ me. | 对我有帮助 |
[14:22] | Bringin’ things back. | 勾起回忆 |
[14:24] | How’s that? | 是吗 |
[14:29] | Your mother. | 你妈妈 |
[14:32] | I, uh… | 我 |
[14:37] | I have trouble seein’ her sometimes. | 我有时想象不出她 |
[14:39] | Or, uh… I know who she is, | 或是 我知道她是谁 |
[14:42] | but the parts of our lives, pieces– | 但我们生活的零碎片段 |
[14:48] | I can’t picture ’em. | 我想象不出来 |
[14:52] | You think Mom wants you to keep doin’ this? | 你觉得妈妈会想要你这样继续下去吗 |
[14:55] | It’s bringin’ things back. Goin’ over the case. | 能勾起回忆 回顾案件 |
[14:59] | I’m rememberin’ things. | 我能记起事情了 |
[15:00] | My life. Your sister. | 我的人生 你的姐姐 |
[15:09] | You know when the last time I saw Rebecca? | 你知道我最后一次见丽贝卡是什么时候吗 |
[15:17] | Mom’s funeral? | 妈妈的葬礼 |
[15:21] | I think you talked on the phone a few months back. | 几个月前你们应该通过电话 |
[15:38] | You sure you wanna keep talkin’ to the TV people? | 你确定你想继续接受电视台的采访吗 |
[15:44] | That woman, the director– | 那个女人 导演 |
[15:47] | I wanna know what she’s after. | 我想知道她的目的是什么 |
[15:49] | What they might know now. | 他们现在可能知道的信息 |
[15:52] | She said she’d, show me somethin’ next time. | 她说她下次会给我看一些东西 |
[15:55] | She’s baitin’ ya, Dad. | 她在诱导你 爸爸 |
[15:58] | Do you think she cares at all about you or who did it? | 你觉得她在乎你或凶手吗 |
[16:03] | She just wants people to watch her shitty show. | 她只是想让人们看她的破节目 |
[16:07] | And I think… | 而且我觉得 |
[16:10] | Mom would want you to move on. | 妈妈会希望你能放下过去 |
[16:12] | Enjoy the family you have around you. | 享受你的家庭 |
[16:17] | Well… | 好吧 |
[16:19] | she and I always had different ideas. I remember that. | 她和我总是意见不合 我记得 |
[16:30] | Wayne. Ronnie. | 韦恩 罗尼 |
[16:33] | Special Agents Burt Diller and John Bowen. | 这是特别探员伯特·迪勒和约翰·鲍文 |
[16:36] | Thanks, Detective, we’ll get these back ASAP. | 谢谢 警探 我们会尽快送回来 |
[16:39] | Want you to know we have no intention | 希望你们知道我们不想 |
[16:40] | of impeding or usurping your investigation. | 妨碍或接手你们的调查 |
[16:43] | This is a Task Force. | 这是特别任务小组 |
[16:45] | One unit with a common goal. | 同一个组织同一个目标 |
[16:47] | Feds are gonna take the lead with the kidnappin’. | 联邦调查员会接管绑架案 |
[16:49] | You two are still point on the death investigation. | 你们两个还是负责死亡调查 |
[16:52] | Both of which will hopefully lead to the same solution. | 希望两边都能得到同一个结果 |
[16:55] | Everybody shares everything. | 大家信息共享 |
[16:56] | We’ll be doing debriefs first thing every mornin’. | 每天早上第一件事是报告最新情况 |
[16:59] | Everybody turns in dailies. | 每人每天做日报 |
[17:01] | How you guys wanna go forward? | 你们接下去想怎么做 |
[17:02] | We got a multi-state APB out on the girl. | 我们在多个州都发了小女孩的全境公告 |
[17:05] | Checkpoints along state lines. Agents advised. | 在州边界线设置检查站 探员们也都了解案情了 |
[17:10] | Let us get caught up. We’ll figure our next move. | 让我们先着手调查 然后再看下一步怎么办 |
[17:14] | Time? | 时间到了吗 |
[17:16] | You two have somewhere to be? | 你们两个要去什么地方吗 |
[17:19] | We got a funeral to get to. | 我们去参加一个葬礼 |
[17:44] | I know we spoke on the phone, but… | 我知道我们电话里谈过 但是 |
[17:48] | want to touch base on a couple of things. | 还是有一些事想见见你 |
[17:51] | What’s that? | 什么事 |
[17:53] | I haven’t been out here since last May. | 我去年五月之后就不在这了 |
[17:55] | You stayed in the boy, Will’s, room, right? | 你住在那个男孩 威尔的房间 是吗 |
[17:57] | Yeah. Told you I did. | 是的 我告诉过你了 |
[17:59] | You leave a couple magazines behind? | 你留下了一些杂志 |
[18:02] | Under the mattress? | 在床垫底下 |
[18:04] | Damn. Yeah, maybe I did. | 该死 是的 也许是我留的 |
[18:07] | Should I, uh– | 我应该 |
[18:09] | – Never mind. – You recall anything from the time | -没事 -你能回忆起 |
[18:12] | you spent in the house might be worth mentioning? | 住在那里时有发生什么事吗 |
[18:15] | Like you ever see anybody talkin’ to the kids? | 比如你有没有看到过谁和孩子们说话 |
[18:18] | Any adults you didn’t recognize? | 有没有什么陌生人 |
[18:20] | Nah. Nah, can’t say I recall anything like that. | 没 没有 我没看到过 |
[18:24] | Them kids, they kept to themselves a lot. | 孩子们总是自己玩 |
[18:27] | The house was a pretty tense place. | 家里气氛非常紧张 |
[18:30] | You can probably tell, Lucy and Tom aren’t real happy. | 你们可能知道露西和汤姆关系可并不好 |
[18:33] | Before any of this. | 在这之前 |
[18:35] | Will and Julie, they play outside the house a lot? | 威尔和朱莉 他们经常出去玩吗 |
[18:38] | Yeah. I think so. | 对 我觉得是 |
[18:40] | I don’t think they liked being around there. | 我觉得他们不喜欢待在家里 |
[18:42] | You know, Mom and Dad angry all the time. | 爸爸妈妈经常吵架 |
[18:53] | Were you pretty close to Will and Julie? | 你和威尔与朱莉亲近吗 |
[18:56] | I don’t know. We got along. | 我说不好 我们处得不错 |
[18:59] | I played with them a couple times. | 我和他们玩过几次 |
[19:02] | They didn’t see me much before I stayed here. | 我住那之前他们很少见到我 |
[19:04] | But they were good kids. | 但他们是好孩子 |
[19:06] | What do you think of Tom? | 你怎么看汤姆 |
[19:11] | He’s an all right guy. | 他还不错 |
[19:14] | I feel sorry for him. | 我很要遗憾他要经历这一切 |
[19:15] | I felt for him even before all this. | 在发生这事之前我就这么觉得 |
[19:20] | I mean, in my opinion, | 我是说 在我看来 |
[19:22] | Lucy always needed, like, a strong male. | 露西总是需要一个强壮的男人 |
[19:27] | You stayin’ in town long? | 你在镇上时间长吗 |
[19:30] | Nah, I gotta get back to work. | 不 我得回去工作 |
[19:33] | Family could probably use you around. | 家里人也许更希望你能陪在他们身边 |
[19:35] | I can’t get the time off. | 我请不了假 |
[19:37] | It’s not like there’s a lot I can do for ’em. | 而且我也没什么可以做的 |
[19:40] | And the night of? | 那天晚上呢 |
[19:41] | Your neighbor can confirm you were at home? | 你邻居能证明你在家吗 |
[19:48] | I don’t know if they can or not. | 我不确定他们能不能 |
[19:50] | But you could check with the Starlight Bar in Springfield. | 但你们可以去斯普林菲尔德的星光酒吧 |
[19:52] | I had a couple there after work, and then I went home | 下班之后我在那待了几个小时 然后回家 |
[19:55] | and watched CHiPs. | 看《巡警》 |
[19:57] | You wanna search my place? | 你们要搜查我的住处吗 |
[19:59] | Would that be OK? | 可以吗 |
[20:03] | Sure. | 当然 |
[20:05] | But maybe… | 但也许 |
[20:07] | you should be out there tryin’ to find my niece. | 你们应该想办法去找我的侄女 |
[20:13] | I’m gonna get back to Lucy. | 我进去看看露西 |
[20:22] | Like we said over the phone, | 就像我们在电话里讲的 |
[20:24] | we hadn’t seen or talked with the kids | 圣诞节之后我们就没见过孩子们 |
[20:27] | since last Christmas. | 也没联系过 |
[20:29] | Nearly a year ago. | 大概是一年前 |
[20:32] | She doesn’t like us. | 她不喜欢我们 |
[20:34] | That’s Lucy, you mean? | 你说的她是指露西 |
[20:36] | Loise, let’s don’t, now. | 洛伊塞 现在别说这些 |
[20:38] | Why not now? | 为什么现在别说 |
[20:39] | Why not just say it? The children are lost. | 为什么不说 孩子们都失踪了 |
[20:43] | Yes, I mean Lucy. | 是的 我是指露西 |
[20:45] | She runs around on Tom, you know. | 她一直背着汤姆鬼混 |
[20:47] | Every marriage has its own story. | 家家有本难念的经 |
[20:50] | Nobody knows except the two involved. | 除了他们两个没人知道 |
[20:52] | Bull. She was a terrible– | 胡说八道 她太可怕了 |
[20:56] | You know, | 你知道 |
[20:57] | there’s been some wonderin’ about Julie. | 关于朱莉 我们也有所疑虑 |
[21:00] | Don’t. Not today. | 别说了 今天不是时候 |
[21:02] | Tom was workin’ offshore. | 汤姆在海上工作 |
[21:04] | Could have been weldin’ in Texas when Julie was conceived. | 怀上朱莉的时候他并不在身边 |
[21:07] | – Now, I’ve wondered– – Goddamnit!!! | -我一直在想 -该死的 |
[21:10] | Not today, Eloise. Not today. | 今天不是时候 埃洛伊丝 别说了 |
[21:21] | Why don’t the two of y’all get out of my house for today? | 请你们离开 |
[21:26] | Mom, Dad. | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[21:46] | There’s a web forum that posts about real-life criminal cases, | 网上有个论坛 专发真实犯罪案例 |
[21:49] | things that are unsolved or unresolved. | 都是未侦破的案子 |
[21:52] | They have a whole section on the Purcell case. | 上面有一整个板块都是关于珀赛尔案的 |
[21:58] | 珀赛尔家的孩子 被谋杀 | |
[22:00] | This is what people do now? | 现在的人会做这事 |
[22:02] | 珀赛尔案凶手 阿肯色西芬格的噩梦 | |
[22:04] | They go in lots of directions. | 他们分析了很多种可能 |
[22:04] | 珀塞尔家孩子被谋杀 判决有误 | |
[22:06] | Did you know at various times since, | 你知道吗 |
[22:08] | large-scale pedophile rings connected to people of influence | 大部分恋童癖往往与周围区域 |
[22:11] | were uncovered in the surrounding areas? | 符合他们猎艳标准的人失踪有关 |
[22:13] | Do you know about the Franklin scandal? | 知道富兰克林丑闻吗 |
[22:16] | 同性恋卖淫案 牵扯出里根 布什 | |
[22:17] | No. | 不知道 |
[22:18] | It’s been theorized that the straw dolls | 有人得出结论 稻草娃娃 |
[22:21] | are a sign of pedophile groups, like the crooked spiral. | 是恋童癖群体的象征 |
[22:24] | I don’t think that’s right. | 我不这么认为 |
[22:30] | Can I ask, with what happened in 1990 and you leaving the force, | 请问考虑到1990年发生的事及你的退伍 |
[22:35] | did you ever feel your leads and theories | 你有没有感觉 你的线索和推理 |
[22:37] | were discounted because of your race? | 由于你的种族而不被认可 |
[22:40] | Not particularly, no. Why? | 并没有 怎么这么问 |
[22:44] | I’m interested in the intersectionality of marginalized groups | 我对权力主义和系统性种族歧视的组织中的 |
[22:47] | within authoritarian and systemic racist structures. | 边缘人群的交叉性很感兴趣 |
[22:56] | Well, anyways, those– those dolls from the scene, | 那些现场发现的娃娃 |
[22:59] | they were a significant lead. | 是条重大线索 |
[23:01] | Amelia. She’s the one helped us out with that. | 是艾米莉亚帮忙找出了娃娃和案子的联系 |
[23:05] | Got us that lead. | 让我们发现了那条线索 |
[23:16] | Have you seen a doll that looks like this? | 你见过这样的娃娃吗 |
[23:20] | – No. – Not you? | -没有 -没见过吗 |
[23:22] | OK, well, you let me know if you do, OK? | 好吧 如果知道告诉我 好吗 |
[23:38] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[23:40] | Have you seen this doll before? | 你见过这个娃娃吗 |
[23:44] | H-Halloween. Julie got one. | 万圣节见过 朱莉有一个 |
[23:47] | Somebody was passing them out at trick-or-treat, I think. | 我想是有人玩不给糖就捣乱时给出去的 |
[23:53] | Julie… she got one. | 朱莉 就有一个 |
[23:56] | This Halloween you went trick-or-treating with her? | 这个万圣节你有跟她一起去玩不给糖就捣乱吗 |
[24:01] | We met her and her brother and– and some other kids. | 我们碰到了她和她哥哥 还有其他小孩 |
[24:05] | We live on the next street over. | 我们住在隔壁街上 |
[24:11] | It’s ok. | 没事的 |
[24:33] | Tom? | 汤姆 |
[24:35] | Tom! | 汤姆 |
[24:36] | Tom! | 汤姆 |
[24:38] | Hey, what– what– | 怎么 |
[24:40] | what ya doin’ back up here, brother? | 你回这里来做什么 兄弟 |
[24:42] | ‘Talkin’ about? | 说什么呢 |
[24:43] | This is my usual shift. Four years. | 我每天都上这个班 上了四年了 |
[24:56] | What’s you’re fuckin’ problem? My dick showin’? | 你们有毛病吧 我的鸡巴露出来了吗 |
[25:05] | Hey, Tom. | 汤姆 |
[25:07] | You sure you wanna be back at work today? | 你确定今天想回来上班 |
[25:10] | I been workin’ full-time since I was fourteen years old. | 我十四岁起就全职上班了 |
[25:16] | You want me to sit at home with this shit in my head now? | 你们要我现在满脑子这事时坐在家里吗 |
[25:24] | How long you motherfuckers gonna stare at me?! | 你们这些混蛋还要盯着我多久 |
[25:28] | Somebody got something to say about me?! | 有人有对我有意见吗 |
[25:30] | My family?! | 对我家人有意见 |
[25:32] | Somebody know somethin’ I don’t– | 有人知道我不知道的… |
[25:34] | Tom? | 汤姆 |
[25:38] | We didn’t plan on havin’ you back this soon. | 我们没想到你这么快就回来上班 |
[25:40] | Well, I gotta earn a livin’. | 我还要讨生活 |
[25:43] | Well, the thing is, we, uh… | 问题是 我们 |
[25:46] | we put you on leave. | 我们今天安排你休息了 |
[25:48] | Well, I didn’t ask for that, OK? | 我没有要求休息 好吗 |
[25:50] | Now, I gotta work. You tellin’ me I can’t work? | 我要上班 你不让我上班 |
[25:54] | Look, with everything that’s happenin’, | 听着 发生了这样的事 |
[25:56] | it’s a little disruptive. | 会让人心神不宁 |
[25:59] | People have other things on their mind? | 工人们有心事 |
[26:02] | These machines? | 还要操作这些机器 |
[26:03] | That’s how accidents happen. You know that, Tom. | 事故就是这么来的 你知道的 汤姆 |
[26:08] | I’m the guy nobody wants to be, huh? | 没人想像我这样吧 |
[26:14] | I’m the fuckin’ joke, right? | 我就是个笑话 对吗 |
[26:18] | You shouldn’t look at it like that. | 你不该这么想 |
[26:20] | But you ain’t comin’ back to work right now, Tom. | 但你现在不能来上班 汤姆 |
[26:28] | Well, fuck everything, anyway! | 都他妈滚蛋 |
[26:31] | Yeah, fuck each of ya! | 去你们所有人的 |
[26:34] | I quit! | 我不干了 |
[26:41] | You remember which house was givin’ these out? | 还记得是哪家人发了这些 |
[26:46] | Who else got one? | 还有谁有 |
[26:52] | Mike… | 迈克 |
[26:54] | did you see her get the doll? | 你看到她拿娃娃了吗 |
[26:58] | No, ma’am. | 没有 女士 |
[27:00] | When did you see she had it? | 你什么时候看到她拿着这个娃娃的 |
[27:02] | It was like at the end. | 好像在最后 |
[27:05] | We were all showing what we got, | 我们秀出自己拿到的东西 |
[27:07] | and she had the doll in her trick-or-treat bag. | 她的讨糖袋里就有那个玩偶 |
[27:10] | Did you stay in the neighborhood, | 你们就在这个社区要糖 |
[27:11] | or did you drive somewhere? | 还是开车去了别的地方 |
[27:13] | We just walked. | 我们都是走着去别人家 |
[27:18] | Thanks, Mike. You’re really helpin’. | 谢谢 迈克 你帮了大忙 |
[27:24] | What’d you go as for Halloween? | 万圣节你扮成什么了 |
[27:26] | Luke Skywalker. | 卢克·天行者 |
[27:27] | Cool, man. | 酷 兄弟 |
[27:29] | My partner, he loved that movie. | 我的搭档很喜欢那电影 |
[27:49] | Say… | 告诉我 |
[27:52] | were you with Julie and her brother the whole night? | 那晚你一直和朱莉和她哥哥在一起吗 |
[27:55] | Or was there ever a time y’all went different ways? | 还是你们分头行动过 |
[28:00] | Yeah. | 分头行动过 |
[28:02] | They’d been to a couple houses before we met up. | 我们见面前他们已经去过几户人家了 |
[28:04] | But I don’t think she had the doll then. | 但我觉得那时她还没有那个娃娃 |
[28:08] | How ’bout the rest of the night? | 那你们见面之后呢 |
[28:11] | We might split up once or twice. | 也许后来又分开过一两次 |
[28:14] | But… not for long. | 但时间都不长 |
[28:17] | I saw her talking to people. | 我看见她和别人说话 |
[28:19] | Adults, maybe. | 也许是大人 |
[28:22] | They were two ghosts. | 他们扮成了鬼魂的样子 |
[28:24] | Just in big sheets. | 披着大床单 |
[28:28] | You don’t know who the ghosts were? | 你知道那些鬼魂是谁吗 |
[28:33] | Can you show us where it was y’all went? | 你能告诉我们那晚你们去哪里了吗 |
[28:38] | Here. | 这里 |
[29:21] | You musta had some good times. | 你们肯定有过幸福的时候 |
[29:24] | When y’all meet? | 你们什么时候认识的 |
[29:28] | Thirteen years back. | 13年前 |
[29:31] | We got married ’cause she was pregnant. | 她怀孕后我们就结婚了 |
[29:36] | How long you knew her before? | 结婚前你们认识多久了 |
[29:38] | Not long. | 不久 |
[29:42] | Got married three months after we met. | 认识三个月后就结婚了 |
[29:45] | The Fort Smith courthouse. | 在史密斯堡法院登的记 |
[29:49] | Me and Lucy, we– | 我和露西 我们 |
[29:50] | we never really knew each other, we just… | 我们从没有真正了解彼此 我们只是 |
[29:54] | well, had the kids. | 有了孩子 |
[30:01] | My kids. Will and– | 我的孩子们 威尔和 |
[30:18] | Are we gonna find Julie, or what? | 还能不能找到朱莉 |
[30:22] | ‘Cause I can’t live through this, man. | 因为我撑不下去了 老兄 |
[30:26] | Neither of us can. | 我俩都不行了 |
[30:32] | If we’re not gonna find her, I just need to know now. | 如果我们找不到她 我现在就得知道 |
[30:41] | I can’t go to sleep… | 我无法入睡 |
[30:45] | …and I can’t wake up. | 也醒不过来 |
[30:51] | Now, you’re sayin’ last week, Halloween, | 你是说上周万圣节 |
[30:53] | girl got one of these dolls, | 女孩拿到了这种玩偶 |
[30:55] | and then you found two of them at the crime scene? | 然后你在犯罪现场发现了两个一样的 |
[30:57] | It’s an identifier, boss. | 这是个标识 头儿 |
[30:59] | So what do you want to do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[31:01] | We wondered maybe let’s put it out on the TV or paper. | 我们曾想让电视或报纸报道 |
[31:05] | Ask everybody if they seen one of those, | 问大家是否见过 |
[31:07] | or know who makes ’em around here. | 或是否知道是谁做的 |
[31:09] | But that’d tip our hand. We’re not ready for that. | 但那就把我们的牌全打了 时机还不成熟 |
[31:13] | – What’s better– – There’s 114 households in the marked area | -更好的做法是 -标记出来的地区及周围 |
[31:17] | and the subdivision near it. | 一共有114户人家 |
[31:18] | We do total surveillance. | 我们全面监视 |
[31:20] | We have people searchin’ every single house. | 派人去搜查每户人家 |
[31:23] | Oh, come on. You don’t have enough for one warrant, | 得了吧 你连一张搜查令都申请不下来 |
[31:25] | much less a hundred. | 别说一百张了 |
[31:26] | No warrants. Say, two days, maybe three. | 不用搜查令 用两天或三天时间 |
[31:30] | Every detective we have. | 调动所有警探 |
[31:32] | Pull in more feds, you want. | 如果你想还可以调来联调局探员 |
[31:34] | Everybody just knocks and asks if they can search. | 挨家挨户敲门询问大家是否能搜查屋里 |
[31:37] | Say it’ll help with the Purcell case. | 说这能帮助珀塞尔一案 |
[31:39] | People won’t like it… | 大家肯定不喜欢 |
[31:42] | but a lot, I bet… | 但我打赌有很多人 |
[31:44] | a lot of people let us look around. | 很多人会让我们进屋看看 |
[31:46] | We keep surveillance. | 我们继续监视 |
[31:48] | See if somebody starts actin’ hinky. | 看是否有人行事怪异 |
[31:50] | Nobody escapes the net. Our guy panics or somethin’, | 没人能逃脱法网 一旦犯人惊慌失措 |
[31:53] | we do it fast– without announcement. | 我们就迅速拿下 无需通告 |
[31:55] | Even if you find anything, | 即使你找到线索 |
[31:57] | it could be problematic at trial. | 在庭审中也可能用不了 |
[31:58] | This is about the girl, not a trial. | 这关于那个女孩的性命 不是庭审 |
[32:01] | Something happened on Halloween, that night. | 万圣节那晚肯定发生了些什么事 |
[32:04] | She gets that doll. | 她拿到了那个娃娃 |
[32:06] | A week later, she and her brother are gone, | 一周后她和她哥哥失踪了 |
[32:07] | and you got two of those things on the scene. | 然后却在犯罪现场发现了两个一样的娃娃 |
[32:09] | Maybe the perp just brought ’em somewhere. | 也许犯人也是从哪拿的 |
[32:12] | You know? Maybe the dolls belonged to the girl. | 也许那些娃娃是那小女孩的 |
[32:14] | It’s all maybes, man. You do the maybe that gives you a shot. | 全是也许 老兄 只能挑最有可能的去查 |
[32:18] | No, it’s thin. | 不 这不可行 |
[32:20] | And our constituents here, | 这里的选民 |
[32:21] | they value privacy and property rights. | 很注重隐私和产权问题 |
[32:24] | They aren’t just gonna acquiesce | 他们不会默许 |
[32:26] | to random searches of their homes. | 我们搜查他们房子 |
[32:30] | There’s other ways to approach it. | 还有别的方法 |
[32:33] | If we bring in the public, it stirs up the town | 如果我们对外公布 整个镇子就会惶恐不安 |
[32:35] | and lets our guy know what we’re thinkin’. | 罪犯就会知道我们的策略 |
[32:37] | Maybe he takes off. | 他可能会跑路 |
[32:38] | Maybe he just kills her– if he hasn’t already. | 可能会杀掉她 假设他现在还没杀她 |
[32:42] | We can just do it fast. | 我们可以迅速行动 |
[32:45] | People will get over it. | 民众会同意的 |
[32:50] | Warren. | 沃伦 |
[32:52] | Just give us some time, Roland. | 给我们点时间 罗兰 |
[33:20] | Been runnin’ this sting. | 我一直在暗中监视 |
[33:22] | Truck stop next door. Prosts and drugs. | 隔壁的休息站 妓女还有毒品 |
[33:25] | I was gonna check this guy out at some point. | 我本来准备查这个人的 |
[33:27] | He asked one of the workin’ girls | 他问一个女孩 |
[33:30] | if they had any younger friends. | 有没有年轻的朋友 |
[33:32] | And another said he asked her, too. | 另一个说他也问过她 |
[33:35] | Came in here lookin’ for special magazines. | 来找特殊的杂志 |
[33:38] | 泰德·拉格朗日 释放于赖茨维尔 与未成年人发生关系 勾引未成年人 | |
[33:38] | Ted LaGrange. Pulled his file. | 泰德·拉格朗日 我找了他的档案 |
[33:41] | He got outta Wrightsville a while back. | 他是在赖茨维尔被放出来的 |
[33:43] | Carnal knowledge of a minor. | 与未成年人发生关系 |
[33:45] | Enticing a minor. Buncha shit. | 勾引未成年人 不干好事 |
[33:50] | Callin’ himself “Robert” somethin’ now. | 现在自称罗伯特什么的 |
[33:54] | Thanks, Rich. | 谢了 瑞奇 |
[33:58] | Man… | 我说 |
[34:01] | you gotta come in here every day? | 你每天都要来这 |
[34:05] | Welcome to Vice. | 这就是风化组 |
[34:34] | I haven’t seen you here before, have I? | 我以前没在这见过你吧 |
[34:37] | I’m usually at the VFW. | 我一般在海外退伍军人事务处 |
[34:42] | Want to thank you for everything you did today with the kid. | 谢谢你今天帮了我们 |
[34:47] | He wasn’t talkin’ to us ’til you opened him up. | 要不是你他恐怕什么都不会说 |
[34:50] | Real grateful for that. | 非常感谢 |
[34:53] | He was broken up about it. | 他很难过 |
[34:56] | I think he had a crush on Julie. | 我觉得他喜欢朱莉 |
[35:01] | Why’d you give me that picture? | 你为什么给我那张照片 |
[35:04] | The doll. | 娃娃的照片 |
[35:06] | Instinct, I guess. | 我觉得是直觉 |
[35:08] | I knew the kids weren’t talkin’ to us. | 我知道孩子们不会跟我们说 |
[35:13] | You were in the war? | 你打过仗 |
[35:17] | You’re a cop, | 你是警察 |
[35:19] | so you want to know more about a person, | 你要是想要了解一个人 |
[35:21] | you just look ’em up, huh? | 你就去查资料 |
[35:23] | Pretty much. | 差不多吧 |
[35:25] | Did you look me up? | 那你查我的资料了吗 |
[35:31] | Thought about it, though. | 确实考虑过 |
[35:40] | I was born here. | 我在这里出生 |
[35:42] | I went to U of A. | 大学是阿肯色大学 |
[35:45] | Dropped out my junior year. | 大三退学 |
[35:48] | Went west with a friend. | 和一个朋友去西边旅行 |
[35:50] | We got in with some people. | 遇到了一些人 |
[35:52] | I was in this scene, San Francisco. | 我当时在旧金山 |
[35:57] | Anti-war, kind of fringe Panther stuff. | 反战游行 加入黑豹党 |
[36:03] | Some things happened, not good. | 出了点不太好的事 |
[36:07] | And then I was alone. | 就剩我一个了 |
[36:09] | ’74, I came back home, got my degree. | 74年我回家了 拿了学位 |
[36:19] | I grew up in Conway. | 我在康威长大 |
[36:22] | My mom worked on a farm. | 我妈在农场里工作 |
[36:25] | I spent two years in the jungle, | 我在丛林作战两年 |
[36:28] | a lot of it I was alone. | 大多数时候只有我一个人 |
[36:32] | I hunt a lot now. Alone. | 现在经常一个人打猎 |
[36:36] | I’m a vegetarian. | 我吃素 |
[36:39] | That’s a real shame. | 太可惜了 |
[36:42] | If you’re a Democrat, don’t tell me. | 如果你是民主党 可别告诉我 |
[36:48] | You like teachin’? | 你喜欢教书吗 |
[36:51] | Sometimes. | 有时候 |
[36:55] | I want to be a writer. | 我想当作家 |
[36:58] | Write books. | 写书 |
[37:01] | I don’t read enough. | 我读书不多 |
[37:04] | I like Batman and Silver Surfer. | 我喜欢蝙蝠侠和银影侠 |
[37:08] | I had this sorta dyslexic thing growin’ up. | 我小时候有阅读困难症 |
[37:12] | Was that hard? | 很不容易吧 |
[37:14] | They said I was dumb. | 医生说我是傻子 |
[37:17] | My mom wasn’t havin’ any of that. | 我妈没听他们的 |
[37:23] | That poem you were teachin’. I looked it up. | 你教的那首诗 我去找了 |
[37:26] | – Oh, yeah? – I read it. | -真的 -我读了诗 |
[37:29] | I’m not ready to talk about it yet, but I have thoughts. | 虽然现在不想说 但我有些想法 |
[37:34] | – Share when you want. – All right. | -想说的时候再说吧 -好 |
[37:39] | You ever been married? | 你结过婚吗 |
[37:41] | No. | 没有 |
[37:44] | You? | 你呢 |
[37:46] | I was engaged. Seven months. | 订婚过七个月 |
[37:49] | I broke it off. | 我提出的分手 |
[37:51] | I didn’t want to be married, I realized. | 我当时发现自己不想结婚 |
[37:54] | – I don’t wanna get married. – No? | -我不想结婚 -是吗 |
[38:00] | Guy the other day said I must be crazy. | 曾经有人说我疯了 |
[38:04] | Thing is, and I’ve thought of this for a while… | 我仔细想了一阵子 |
[38:09] | I think I might be. | 我觉得自己可能真的疯了 |
[38:12] | Like how? | 为什么这么说 |
[38:19] | I wear clip-on ties, ’cause I’m preoccupied | 我都用这种夹式领带 要不然我老想 |
[38:22] | with this idea of getting strangled with one. | 用领带勒死自己 |
[38:27] | Is that too much? | 是不是很奇葩 |
[38:32] | This year, twice, I’ve been to St. Louis | 今年 我去了圣路易斯两次 |
[38:37] | and I’ve stayed at this hotel, | 我住的酒店 |
[38:39] | and I’ve pretended I’m someone else. | 但是是用假名字入住的 |
[38:42] | I go out, meet new people, and I am someone else. | 我每天以不同的身份出去认识不同的人 |
[38:47] | Different name, different background, different job. | 不同的名字 不同的背景 不同的工作 |
[38:51] | Twice. | 这么干了两次 |
[39:01] | You drink too much? | 你经常喝酒吗 |
[39:04] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[39:07] | I might get drunk twice a month. | 可能一个月醉两次 |
[39:11] | Three times. | 或者三次 |
[39:13] | I like to laugh, is the thing. | 我喜欢笑 醉了就能尽情的笑了 |
[39:18] | Hey. Raise it up? | 声音放大点 |
[39:22] | Hurry. Quick. | 赶紧的 快点 |
[39:26] | …information in the Purcell murder-kidnapping, | …关于珀塞尔谋杀绑架案的相关信息 |
[39:29] | we go to the Washington County courthouse | 请看今天下午早些时候来自 |
[39:30] | – earlier this afternoon. – Don’t do it. | -华盛顿县法院的报道 -千万别说 |
[39:33] | We believe the missing girl, | 我们相信那个失踪的女孩 |
[39:35] | Julie Purcell, was contacted by her abductor | 朱莉·珀塞尔是上周参加万圣节的时候 |
[39:38] | while she participated in Halloween last week. | 被绑架者盯上的 |
[39:41] | We’re sharing a graphic of the area | 我们发布了那天晚上她和她哥哥 |
[39:44] | where she and her brother went trick-or-treating. | 一起去要糖果时的路线图 |
[39:46] | Now, our investigation suggests | 这个调查结果显示 |
[39:48] | that someone who saw her on Halloween | 万圣节那天见过她的人里面 |
[39:50] | has special knowledge of this case. | 有人能对此案提供重要信息 |
[39:52] | – Givin’ it away. – Anyone who saw anything suspicious… | -都透露了 -如有任何人发现可疑… |
[39:55] | – What’s wrong? – I’m sorry, I– | -怎么了 -对不起 我 |
[39:59] | I gotta go. God damn it. | 我得走了 该死的 |
[40:01] | Are you saying the children knew their kidnapper? | 你是说孩子们认识绑匪 |
[40:04] | I’m not at liberty to reveal that at this time. | 我现在无权透露这一点 |
[40:11] | I knew they wouldn’t listen to me. | 我知道他们不会听我的 |
[40:14] | But you shoulda stopped that. | 但你应该去阻止他们 |
[40:17] | Me? What am I supposed to do? | 我 我能怎么阻止 |
[40:21] | You were there. | 你当时也在 |
[40:22] | I’m sayin’, I talk, it don’t mean anything. | 我是说 我一个黑人说的话他们根本不会听 |
[40:26] | Don’t matter if I’m right. | 不管我说的对不对 |
[40:28] | You, at least, you talk, it means somethin’ to ’em. | 但是 如果你说 他们说不定能听进去 |
[40:31] | Might consider what you’re saying. | 他们可能会考虑一下你说的话 |
[40:32] | You mighta stopped ’em from doing that. | 也许你就能阻止他们了 |
[40:34] | Bullshit. Who knew until it was on the TV? | 瞎扯蛋 电视播出前谁知道他们会这么干 |
[40:37] | Why didn’t you stop ’em? | 你为什么不去阻止他们 |
[40:39] | They ain’t my tribe, man. Take care of your shit. | 他们不是我的同类 兄弟 管好你的人 |
[40:42] | Tribe? Where you think you are, asshole? | 同类 你知道你在什么地方吗 混蛋 |
[40:45] | – I know where I am. – Do ya? | -我知道 -是吗 |
[40:46] | It don’t sound like it. | 听起来你并不清楚 |
[40:48] | Son, I know where I am | 我太明白我生活在什么样的地方了 |
[40:49] | in a way you will never understand. | 在这点上你永远不会理解我的 |
[40:51] | Are you high, Purple Hays? | 你醉了吧 老普·海斯 |
[40:53] | ‘Cause you’re makin’ about as much goddamn sense | 因为你现在他妈跟我得了 |
[40:55] | as my grandmother’s dementia. | 老年痴呆的奶奶一模一样 |
[40:57] | No, I’m sayin’ I know where I am. | 我说了我知道我在哪 |
[40:58] | Hey, good for you. | 好吧 你厉害 |
[41:28] | That’s all I could think of. | 我能想到的就那些了 |
[41:33] | You got somethin’ else? | 你那边有什么进展吗 |
[41:37] | Vice gave me a dude near Fort Smith to look at. | 风化组给我提供了个史密斯堡附近的嫌疑人 |
[41:41] | I pulled his file. | 我调出了他的档案 |
[41:44] | What is it? | 档案里面都有什么内容 |
[41:51] | You can read for yourself. | 你自己看吧 |
[42:05] | You wanna go get him? | 想不想去抓他 |
[42:10] | I wanna go get him. | 我想去抓他 |
[42:14] | We might as well keep watch out here. | 我们还是小心点 |
[42:17] | Check the guy out in the mornin’. | 早上再去找他 |
[42:19] | Toss his place first. | 先把他家搜一遍 |
[42:30] | We should get bennies. | 我们得吃点兴奋剂 |
[42:34] | Stayin’ up all night. | 一晚上都不能睡了 |
[42:38] | Glove box. Red-and-blue ones. | 杂物箱里面有 红蓝色的就是 |
[42:44] | Prosecutin’ attorney decided… | 检察官认为 |
[42:47] | best thing was to take our single clue | 最好的办法就是把我们唯一的线索 |
[42:50] | and spread it all over the town. | 告知镇上所有人 |
[42:54] | And that got us a few hundred false tips the first coupla days. | 这让我们在几天内收到了上百条错误信息 |
[42:58] | That’s when it all started with the town. | 从那时开始 整个镇上都弥漫着 |
[43:01] | Just panic. | 恐慌的气氛 |
[43:08] | Lived in their imaginations now, you see? | 所有人都生活在他们幻想的恐怖情节中 |
[43:30] | Everybody was scared. | 所有人都很害怕 |
[43:34] | That included us. | 包括我们 |
[43:56] | Mornin’. | 早啊 |
[44:04] | You gonna eat? | 你要吃东西吗 |
[44:10] | Me neither. | 我也不吃 |
[44:14] | We need you to come with us, sir. | 你得跟我们走一趟 先生 |
[44:19] | Uh, wha– what’s the– | 什 什么事 |
[44:21] | We’ll tell ya on the way. | 我们会在路上告诉你的 |
[44:24] | No! Please! | 不 拜托 |
[44:27] | No, it’s not me, I swear to God! | 不是我 真不是我 我对天发誓 |
[44:31] | You’re wrong about this. | 你们搞错了 |
[44:32] | You shouldn’t have brought me here. | 你们不应该带我来这里 |
[44:34] | This get you off, mister, huh? | 这能让你兴奋 先生 对吧 |
[44:36] | You entertain fantasies of strappin’ white men to posts? | 你喜欢想象把白人男子捆起来 |
[44:41] | – Now and then, yeah. – Really? | -常常会 -真的 |
[44:46] | Talk about your fantasies. | 说说你的那些想象 |
[44:48] | Then he’ll tell ya his. | 然后他会告诉你他的 |
[44:50] | Theodore LaGrange. | 西奥多·拉格朗日 |
[44:53] | It’s Ted, yeah? | 是泰德 对吧 |
[44:55] | Ted, you been out a bit over two years. | 泰德 你出来已经两年多了 |
[44:57] | I haven’t done anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[44:58] | I know what you’re doing, and I haven’t done anything. | 我知道你在做什么 但我什么都没做 |
[45:01] | Released from Wrightsville. | 从赖茨维尔出来之后 |
[45:03] | You got Little Rock up the road. | 你马上就到小石城了 |
[45:06] | Why’d you come way out here, Ted? | 为什么大老远跑到这来 泰德 |
[45:09] | And why you callin’ yourself Robert Hebert? | 还有你为什么管自己叫罗伯特·赫伯特 |
[45:12] | I-I wanted a new start. | 我想要一个新的开始 |
[45:15] | They keep you in protective custody in Wrightsville? | 他们在赖茨维尔对你实行了保护性监管 |
[45:20] | Figured. | 猜中了 |
[45:22] | Guys who mess with kids, | 对孩子犯罪的人 |
[45:25] | they don’t usually make it out with all their parts. | 通常不会完整地出来 |
[45:27] | Tell me how you mess with kids. | 告诉我你对孩子们做了什么 |
[45:30] | The boy and the girl. | 男孩和女孩 |
[45:32] | Your landlady said you didn’t come home last Friday night. | 你的女房东说你上周五晚上没回家 |
[45:34] | – What? – The 7th. | -什么 -七号那天 |
[45:36] | That’s not– I was out. I-I was just out. | 那不是 我外出了 我只是外出了 |
[45:39] | Help me understand what it was like for you in the moment. | 帮我理解此时此刻你的感受 |
[45:42] | Let me feel your side of it. OK? | 让我理解你的立场 好吗 |
[45:45] | Tell me why you killed the boy. | 告诉我你为什么杀了那个男孩 |
[45:47] | I didn’t! I never seen him before he was on the news. | 我没有 我在他上新闻前从没见过他 |
[45:55] | You’ll wanna explain to me where you were that night. | 那你得向我解释那晚你在哪 |
[46:00] | Help me see your side of things. | 告诉我你的经历 |
[46:04] | What’d you do on Halloween night? Where were you? | 你在万圣节的晚上干什么了 你当时在哪 |
[46:12] | We’re here to listen when you want to share. | 你想说的时候我们就在这里 |
[46:42] | Yes. | 是的 |
[46:43] | He’s here Mondays and Fridays. | 他周一和周五在这 |
[46:44] | We do storytime twice a week in the evenin’s, | 我们每周有两个晚上是讲故事时间 |
[46:47] | and he plays guitar for it. | 他会在这弹吉他 |
[46:49] | But his name’s Robert Hebert, not what you said. | 但是他叫罗伯特·赫伯特 不是你说的名字 |
[46:52] | And he worked on the 7th? Last Friday? | 他7号那天来工作了 上周五 |
[46:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[46:56] | You know what time he left that night? | 你知道那天他几点走的吗 |
[46:57] | Probably about 8:00 or after. | 大概是八点之后 |
[47:00] | He helped us put up the tables and chairs. | 他帮我们摆好了桌子和椅子 |
[47:03] | Did he do something? | 他犯了什么事吗 |
[47:05] | You’re not gonna see this guy anymore. | 你不会再见到他了 |
[47:09] | If you do, give us a call, OK? | 如果你见到了 给我们打电话 好吗 |
[47:18] | Robbery was a couple months ago. | 抢劫案是几个月前了 |
[47:19] | All I know for sure is that her prints showed up. | 我只知道出现了她的指纹 |
[47:23] | It’s like you said– | 就像你说的 |
[47:25] | they don’t know if she was a customer | 他们不知道她是顾客 |
[47:26] | or part of the break-in. | 还是盗窃犯的一员 |
[47:28] | Was it a partial or a full? | 是部分指纹还是完整的 |
[47:31] | Full. | 完整的 |
[47:33] | It was her. | 就是她 |
[47:37] | They had video surveillance? | 他们有监控录像 |
[47:38] | They smashed the camera in the pharmacy. | 他们把药店的监控砸烂了 |
[47:40] | Store’s got footage goin’ back three days prior. | 店家有往前三天的录像 |
[47:43] | We subpoenaed it, but we have to wait. | 我们已经去要了 但是还得等段时间 |
[47:46] | Somebody watchin’ the store in case she comes back? | 有人在药店盯着以防她回来吗 |
[47:49] | My understandin’, Sallisaw PD’s focused on the robbery. | 我的理解是 萨利索警方专注于抢劫案 |
[47:52] | And I wouldn’t say the locals | 我不觉得当地警方 |
[47:53] | are a crackerjack investigative team or anything. | 有很优秀的调查团队 |
[47:57] | So nothin’. | 所以什么也没有 |
[47:59] | Man’s family didn’t have the resources | 那男人家里没有渠道 |
[48:01] | for an investigator… | 能找个调查员 |
[48:03] | but obviously, we’d like to find her. | 但显然 我们想找到她 |
[48:12] | What about Arkansas PD? They lookin’ for her? | 阿肯色州警察局呢 他们在找她吗 |
[48:16] | There’s nobody on the case yet. | 还没有人负责这个案子 |
[48:18] | Kindt’s office will have to look at it | 金特的团队迟早会看到这案子 |
[48:19] | since they’ll be defending our motion to overturn, | 因为他们要为推翻判决辩护 |
[48:21] | but right now, no. | 但是现在还没人关注 |
[48:24] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得没有 |
[48:26] | You all right goin’ up against your old boss? | 你和你前老板对着干没关系吗 |
[48:31] | It’s overdue. | 早该如此了 |
[48:45] | Talk to Roland? | 和罗兰谈谈 |
[48:47] | We have an appointment. | 我跟他约了时间 |
[48:50] | He’s done well. | 他过得不错 |
[48:54] | He has. | 是不错 |
[49:16] | You wanna execute him? | 你想弄死他吗 |
[49:18] | We can bury him right out here, I don’t give a shit. | 我们可以把他埋在这 我无所谓 |
[49:21] | Throw him off a bridge… Nobody’ll care. | 把他扔下桥 没人会在意 |
[49:25] | Put him in holding, get his parole violated. | 关着他 让他违反假释规定 |
[49:28] | He’ll be back in Wrightsville tomorrow. | 他明天就会回到赖茨维尔了 |
[49:30] | – Full sentence. – If you say so. | -必须服满刑期 -那就听你的 |
[49:33] | Talk shit about us… | 说我们坏话 |
[49:36] | I’ll have monstrous niggers fuck him to death in his cell. | 我会让可怕的黑鬼把他干死在牢房的 |
[49:39] | D’you hear me, boy? You will bleed black cock. | 听到了吗 小子 你会被黑屌干死 |
[49:48] | Gotta catch up, man. Just spent the day on this bullshit. | 该抓紧了 这真是太浪费时间了 |
[49:57] | That was a vivid description of prison rape. Jesus. | 你把监狱鸡奸描述得真生动 上帝啊 |
[50:01] | Could tell he had the racial thing. | 看得出来这家伙种族歧视 |
[50:03] | Remember what he said in the barn? | 还记得他在谷仓说的话吗 |
[50:05] | Still– it’s gonna haunt me. | 还是让我觉得瘆得慌 |
[50:13] | D-12, do you copy? | D12 收到了吗 |
[50:19] | Copy, dispatch. | 收到 调度台 |
[50:20] | Lieutenant Twiggs wants y’all at the Purcell place. | 特威格斯副队长要你们都去珀塞尔家 |
[50:26] | What’s up? | 出什么事了 |
[50:27] | Someone said the family got a note. | 那家人收到了一封信 |
[50:33] | Copy. On the way. | 收到 马上来 |
[50:53] | Hey, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[51:20] | Did you see? They sent me the galleys. | 你看到了吗 他们把样书寄给我了 |
[51:22] | That’s great. | 太棒了 |
[51:25] | You got a little loose after work? | 下班后去喝酒了 |
[51:29] | How was the deposition? | 取证还顺利吗 |
[51:31] | It was fine. | 还不错 |
[51:41] | It’s as much about us as anything. | 这本书基本就是讲述了我们 |
[51:46] | And I think her and me, | 我觉得她和我 |
[51:48] | it was as close as she could give the thing a happy ending. | 这是她能给与本案的最好结局了 |
[51:54] | After the events of 1990, | 在1990年的一系列事件 |
[51:56] | and what happened with Julie and her father, | 和朱莉与她父亲出的事后 |
[51:59] | you left the PD. | 你离开了警察部队 |
[52:02] | Did you believe that concluded the case? | 你认为那样算是完结了该案吗 |
[52:05] | Did you feel the investigation ended too abruptly? | 你觉得调查结束得太草率了吗 |
[52:09] | She wrote six novels after. This was her first. | 她后来写了六本书 这是第一本 |
[52:13] | Uh, very… to a cop, | 作为一名警察 这… |
[52:17] | very impressive eye for detail. | 对于细节的关注非常了不起 |
[52:20] | Have you read it? | 你读过吗 |
[52:22] | Mr. Hays, did you have theories after what happened | 海斯先生 你对90年朱莉·珀赛尔 |
[52:24] | with Julie Purcell and her father in ’90? | 和她父亲的事有没有什么想法 |
[52:27] | Theories that weren’t in line | 和你上级的指示 |
[52:28] | with your superior’s directives? | 不一定相符的想法 |
[52:30] | I heard what you asked. | 我明白你的意思 |
[52:33] | The answer is… | 我的答案是… |
[52:36] | I never stopped coming up with theories about that case. | 我从来没停止过对那案子的思索 |
[52:40] | And I hit Todd and Dave into home, | 我把陶德和戴夫打败了 |
[52:42] | and when I went over, we won. | 我上场我们就赢了 |
[52:44] | Coach saw, and came and talked to me about baseball | 教练看到了 就和我说等我长大后 |
[52:47] | when I get older. | 可以去打棒球 |
[52:53] | That’s fantastic, Henry. | 真是太棒了 亨利 |
[52:55] | You’re gonna be very athletic. | 你肯定会成为一名优秀的运动员 |
[52:57] | You already are. | 你已经是了 |
[53:12] | The publisher said we can issue an update for the paperback | 出版商说进行庭审后 我们就可以 |
[53:14] | once this appeal goes to trial. | 定下平装本发售日期 |
[53:17] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[53:23] | You’re a bit out of it tonight. | 你今晚有点不对劲 |
[53:26] | The kids noticed. | 孩子们都发现了 |
[53:27] | You can’t be that way in front of them. | 你不能在他们面前表现出来 |
[53:31] | – I’m not drunk. – What’s going on? | -我没有醉 -发生了什么 |
[53:35] | What happened with the deposition? | 取证时发生了什么 |
[53:39] | They overturning the conviction? | 他们推翻判决了吗 |
[53:45] | Julie Purcell is alive. | 朱莉·珀赛尔还活着 |
[54:00] | Thought for sure you’d all beat us here. | 我还以为你们肯定会先到呢 |
[54:03] | What is that, huh? | 那是什么 |
[54:05] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[54:11] | 别担心 朱莉在一个安全的地方 孩子们很开心 别找了 放手吧 | |
[54:22] | Well, what’s it mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[54:38] | You want more chicken, Wayne? | 要再来点鸡肉吗 韦恩 |
[54:46] | Thanks for the spread, Heather. | 谢谢你做的菜 海瑟 |
[54:49] | This is wonderful. | 非常棒 |
[54:50] | Are you feelin’ all right? | 你没事吧 |
[54:54] | He’s been goin’ back through that case. | 他一直在回顾那个案子 |
[54:56] | Mom’s book. | 妈妈的书 |
[54:59] | I never read the whole thing. | 我从来没读完过 |
[55:02] | Couldn’t stand I was in it so much. | 跟我自己关系太大 看不下去 |
[55:06] | Goin’ back over the story, it’s good– | 回顾一下那个故事有助于 |
[55:09] | makin’ me work my brain, I mean. | 我锻炼自己的大脑 |
[55:11] | Leadin’ me to other stuff. | 能让我想点别的 |
[55:17] | Maybe you guys could see about gettin’ Rebecca out here. | 你们能不能把丽贝卡叫回来 |
[55:21] | I’d like to see her. | 我想见见她 |
[55:25] | She’s in L.A., Dad. | 她在洛杉矶 爸爸 |
[55:28] | When did that happen? | 什么时候的事 |
[55:31] | What’s she doin’ out there? | 她去那里干什么 |
[55:33] | She’s playin’ music, Wayne. | 她做音乐的 韦恩 |
[55:39] | She OK? You talk to her? | 她没事吧 你们和她聊过吗 |
[55:40] | I talked to her a few weeks ago. | 我几周前和她通过话 |
[55:45] | Think she’d come back home for a visit? | 她会回来看看吗 |
[55:47] | She don’t like it here, Dad. | 她不喜欢这里 爸爸 |
[55:50] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[55:54] | I just don’t think it suits her. | 应该就是这里不适合她 |
[55:56] | – She never liked it. – She didn’t? | -她从来就不喜欢这里 -是吗 |
[56:01] | One more time, OK? | 没有下次了 |
[56:06] | Shh. Eat. | 吃吧 |
[56:09] | It’s goin’ by pretty quick. | 发生得太快了 |
[56:13] | Don’t I know it. | 我知道 |
[56:19] | Maybe you guys could see about gettin’ Rebecca out here. | 你们能不能把丽贝卡叫回来 |
[56:23] | I’d like to see her. | 我想见见她 |