时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Ugly Betty: | |
[00:02] | – What was your first impression of me? – Um… | 你对我的第一印象是什么? |
[00:06] | – What is this? – A tracking device. | – 这是什么? – 追踪器 |
[00:08] | I will know where you are, every minute of every day. | 我时刻都能知道你的行踪 |
[00:11] | I can’t spend time with you and your girlfriend. | 我不能…和你还有你的女朋友在一起 |
[00:14] | What does that make us? | – 这意味着什么 |
[00:15] | – People who work in the same building. – Oh. | – 在同一栋楼里工作的两个人 |
[00:18] | – Your family is falling apart. – My family is coming together. | 你知不知道你的家正在分崩离析 – |
[00:22] | He said if I went through with the surgery, | 我的家正重归于好 – 他说过如果我做了手术… |
[00:25] | I’d lose everything. He’d rather I were dead. | 我会失去一切 他还说他倒宁可我死了 |
[00:27] | You’re here because of me. Because of what I did. | 你是因为我的所作所为才会身陷囹圄 |
[00:32] | I’m turning myself in. | 我要去自首 |
[00:35] | I’m reporting live outside of Meade Publications, | 我在米德发行集团外给您做现场报道 |
[00:38] | where Bradford Meade is expected to return to work tomorrow | 据说布拉德福·米德明天一出狱 |
[00:41] | after his release from prison. | 就会回这工作 |
[00:43] | Arrested for the murder of Fey Sommers, all charges against him were dropped | 他因被控谋杀菲·索莫斯而遭逮捕 但对他的所有的指控… |
[00:46] | after his wife, Claire Meade, turned herself in late last night. | 都因其妻子克莱尔·米德 昨晚向当局的自首而取消 |
[00:51] | Now, let’s get some reactions from some of the employees. | 现在让我们看看 该公司雇员对此事做出的反映 |
[00:54] | – Excuse me. Miss? Miss? – No comment! No comment! | 打扰一下 小姐…小姐… |
[00:57] | Ow! | 无可奉告 无可奉告! |
[01:02] | No comment! No comment! Ow! Ow! | 无可奉告 |
[01:11] | Ow! Ow! – Ow! – Hilda! | 无可奉告! |
[01:19] | – Justin! – I’m sorry! | – 希尔达 – |
[01:20] | It just gets funnier every time. | 贾斯廷 对不起 可它越看越有意思 |
[01:22] | – Would you just get ready for school? – Fine! | – 你准备一下就去上学 好吗 – 好吧 |
[01:28] | So how are you doing anyway? And don’t say “no comment.” | 好吧 你还好吗 别回答”无可奉告” |
[01:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[01:34] | Ever since Ms. Meade’s arrest, I just can’t help but feel guilty. | 自从米德太太被捕后 我一直觉得很内疚 |
[01:38] | I was the one who talked her into turning herself in. | 是我说服她去自首的 |
[01:41] | Hey, you didn’t talk her into anything. She did what she felt she had to do. | 你可没有说服她做任何事情 她只是做了她认为自己该做的事 |
[01:45] | How’s Daniel handling this? | 丹尼尔怎么处理这事? |
[01:47] | He and Alexis aren’t speaking. Alexis and his father aren’t speaking, | 他和亚历克西斯互不理睬 亚历克西斯和她老爸也互不理睬 |
[01:50] | and his mother is being detoxed before she can be arraigned. | 他老妈在被传讯之前 – 正在医院里强制戒酒 |
[01:54] | See, it really makes you appreciate coming from a nice, normal family. | – 看到吧 你应该感到幸运 出生在一个美好又普通的家庭 |
[01:59] | Papi, what part of “house arrest” don’t you understand? | 老爸 你已经被”屋禁”了 你不明白吗 |
[02:03] | I just went out two feet to get the paper! | 我只是走出去几步拿报纸 |
[02:05] | I think that’s for you. | 我想是你的电话 |
[02:09] | Yes, Constance. | 是我 康斯坦斯 |
[02:12] | I just stepped out my front door. I wasn’t fleeing the country! | 我刚刚迈出家门 我不是想逃离这个国家 |
[02:16] | OK. I’m back inside now. Happy? | 好啦 好啦 我已经回到屋里了 高兴了? |
[02:20] | Dad, it’s only four more weeks till your court date. | 老爸 再忍四个礼拜就到开庭日了 |
[02:22] | I can’t live like a prisoner four more weeks. I’m going stir-crazy in here! | 我没法子像个囚犯样的呆四个礼拜 我要抓狂了! |
[02:28] | I’m starting not to remember the feel of rain, | 我甚至开始想不起…雨的感觉… |
[02:30] | the smell of freshly mowed grass. | 和新修过的草坪的味道 |
[02:33] | Papi, we live in Jackson Heights. | 老爸 我们住在杰克逊高地 |
[02:35] | The grass smells like fried onions. | 这里的草闻起来就像烤洋葱 |
[02:39] | I got the message, I’ll definitely be there at 9:00 on the dot. | 我收到简讯了 我肯定会在九点整到达 |
[02:44] | I waited an hour and a half to do that. | 为了这效果 我等了一个半小时 |
[02:46] | I just came to get my things before… | 我只是… 我来取我的东西 在… |
[02:50] | – I’ll come back later. – No. No, no. | – 我过会再来 – 不…不… |
[02:53] | We still haven’t had our beautiful father-son reconciliation. | 我们还没有 上演一场美好的父子和解 |
[02:57] | Last time I saw you, things were so rushed. | 上次见你的时候 一切都太匆忙了 |
[03:00] | With you having me arrested and all. | 你带来的东西让我被捕 |
[03:03] | So… | |
[03:05] | …this is the life you wanted so badly? | 这就是你极度想要的生活 |
[03:08] | Actually, in the life I wanted, you were behind bars. | 事实上 在我理想的生活中 你应该在牢里 |
[03:11] | And in the life I wanted, you were still a man. | 而在我理想的生活里 你还是个男人 |
[03:16] | You remember making me this? You were six. | 你还记得给我做了这个吗? 那时你六岁 |
[03:20] | After you disappeared, | 你消失后 我总会看着它… |
[03:22] | I’d look at it to remind myself of the son that I’d lost. | 它勾起我对我失去的那个儿子的回忆 |
[03:25] | Now it reminds me of the son I wish I’d never had. | 而现在它只会提醒我 我希望从没生过这个儿子 |
[03:31] | You and I… | 你和我 |
[03:33] | – …we’re finished. – We were finished a long time ago. | 我们的关系结束了 我们很早以前就结束了 |
[03:42] | Hey, I’ve been looking for you. Look what I just scored. | 我一直在找你 看我刚拿到什么 |
[03:45] | New Prada store’s opening tonight and Steve Aoki’s DJ’ing. | 普拉达新店今晚开张 史蒂夫·青木是今晚的DJ 在那之前先一起喝一杯? |
[03:48] | – Drinks beforehand? – I can’t, I have plans. | – 我不能去 |
[03:51] | – Who is he? – My mother. | 我有安排了 – 那个他是谁? |
[03:52] | She’s in town for another stupid cat show. | 我老妈 她来参加另一个 傻不拉几的猫咪秀 |
[03:55] | It’s disgusting, her and a bunch of fancy pussycats. | 真恶心 她和一群花里胡哨的猫咪 |
[03:57] | Don’t worry. I’ll skip Prada. | 好吧 不用担心 我不会去普拉达的 |
[03:59] | Your girlfriend is reporting for duty. | 你的女朋友会履行她职责 |
[04:02] | – Where are the 3 of us going to dinner? – Actually, you’re not coming. | – 那么我们三个今天去哪吃饭? – 事实上 你不在我计划之内 |
[04:06] | But it’s your mother. I’m the love of your life, remember? | 什么? 这可是你的老妈 我是你此生的最爱 记得吗? |
[04:09] | You’re released from beard duty. Consider yourself shaved. | 事实上你已经从咱们姐妹淘里被开除了 因为你已经不是姐妹了 |
[04:13] | Wait, what are you saying? | 等等 你在说些什么? |
[04:15] | Did you actually tell your mother that you are a ho… | 你是不是还没有告诉你老妈你是个同? |
[04:18] | No! It’s just… | 没有 只是 我一直告诉她 |
[04:20] | I’ve been telling her you’re my girlfriend three years now, and… | 你是我的女朋友已经有好几年了 |
[04:23] | …she’s pressuring me to buy the cow. | 我的老妈已经急着催我准备下聘礼. |
[04:25] | So you’re saying we’re over? And I’m fat? | 所以你就说我们结束了 而且还说我变胖了? |
[04:28] | No! Just over. | 不 只说结束了 |
[04:30] | Just like that? | 这就完了? |
[04:32] | Sweetie, it’s not you, it’s me. | 甜心 不是你的原因 是我 |
[04:36] | You are damn right that it’s you! | 你说的太他妈的对了 就是你 |
[04:38] | I’m the best pretend girlfriend you’ll ever have. | 我会是你最好的冒牌女友 |
[04:41] | Mandy! | 蔓迪 蔓迪 |
[04:42] | We’ll always have that fake pregnancy scare! | 我们会永远保留那段 假装有怀孕恐惧症的回忆 |
[04:45] | Oh, that was a real scare, you idiot. It just wasn’t yours! | 那些恐惧是真的 你个白痴 但这担心和你无关 |
[04:58] | How are you feeling? | 感觉如何 |
[05:00] | Well, I’ve had better Mondays. And better jewelry. | 我已经过过好日子 也有过比这漂亮的珠宝 |
[05:07] | The shakes haven’t started yet, | 我还没有害怕到发抖的地步 |
[05:09] | but the sweating and the nightmares are a delight. | 但冷汗和噩梦已经开始把我包围 |
[05:12] | Oh, and they say I should be moving to the prison | 他们说我这周末会被送到监狱里去 |
[05:15] | by the end of the week. | |
[05:17] | You should have let me stay in there. | 你不该救我 |
[05:21] | I’m scared. | 我很害怕 |
[05:23] | I’m here for you. | 我会一直在你身边 |
[05:27] | – I hope you still are, after… – After what? | 我希望在那之后你仍会在我身边 在什么之后 |
[05:32] | Hey. How are you feeling? | 感觉怎样了 |
[05:36] | I’ve been talking with the lawyers and they think if we… | 我已经和新律师谈过了 他们似乎认为… – |
[05:39] | That’s not why I called you here. | 如果我们利用精神失常… – 我叫你来不是为了这个 |
[05:41] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[05:42] | Your father tried to fire Alexis today. | 你老爸今天想炒掉亚历克西斯 |
[05:45] | – Tried? I did. – But you can’t. | 想要? 我已经把她给炒了 可你不能 |
[05:48] | She’s your child, and she’s your sister. | 她是你的孩子 而她是你的姐姐 |
[05:51] | Now, I am probably going away for a very long time, | 我可能要离开很长一段时间 |
[05:55] | and I want you all to be a family. | 所以我希望你们能有一家人的样子 |
[05:56] | I don’t think Alex wants to be part of any family, Mom. | 老妈 我不认为亚历克斯想成为家里的一分子 |
[06:00] | Alexis! And she’ll never be part of a family | 亚历克西斯 她永远不可能成为家里的一分子… |
[06:03] | if you keep pushing her away. | 如果你们一直拒绝接纳她 |
[06:06] | Which is why I’ve convinced her to help you run Mode. | 这就是为什么我要说服她来协助你经营《时尚》 |
[06:09] | – Is she on morphine? – I wish. | – 她是不是又注射吗啡了? – 但愿是 |
[06:11] | Don’t be ridiculous, Claire. I decide who works for my companies. I own Mode. | 别开玩笑了 克莱尔 我决定谁为我公司工作 《时尚》是我的 |
[06:16] | Actually, dear, you own Meade Publications. | 实际上 亲爱的 你拥有米德发行集团 |
[06:20] | Apparently, you’ve forgotten. | 很显然你已经忘了 |
[06:22] | I own Mode. | 《时尚》是我的 |
[06:27] | Your mother owns this magazine? Since when? | 你老妈拥有这家杂志社? – 什么时候的事? |
[06:30] | Since my dad needed a tax shelter and put it in her name. | – 老爸要逃税 于是他就把《时尚》划入我老妈名下 |
[06:33] | So now she insists Alex and I be co-editors-in-chief | 所以现在她非要我和亚历克斯 共同担任总编辑一职 |
[06:36] | and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. | – 对这事 |
[06:38] | Maybe that’s not a bad thing. | 大家都无能为力 – 这也许不是件坏事 |
[06:40] | You and Alexis can get to know each other again. | 我是说 你和她正好又有机会去了解对方 |
[06:42] | And, now you only have to do half the work. | – 而且你现在只要干一半的活 – |
[06:44] | Half? Betty, there’s no “half” with Alex. | 一半? 贝蒂 亚历克斯字典里没有一半这一说 |
[06:48] | You put us side-by-side in anything, she always has to win. | 你总把我俩放在对等的位置上 无论什么情况下 她总是要赢 |
[06:52] | When we went jogging every morning it would be great. | 即使以前每天晨跑的时候 开始总是很轻松愉快 |
[06:55] | But then at the very end, every time, he always had to pull ahead. | 但每次到了最后… |
[07:00] | Just to remind me he could. | 他总是冲到前面 |
[07:03] | Yes! | 只是为了提醒我他比我强 |
[07:10] | Daniel, you’ve done a great job running this magazine. | 丹尼尔 在过去六个月里 你把这本杂志经营的有声有色 |
[07:13] | I know you can win this race. It’s like the tortoise and the hare… | 我相信你能赢得这场比赛 – 就像龟兔赛跑一样… |
[07:16] | OK, I’m going to figure it out. You can cross my pep talk off your list. | – 好了好了 我自己会想办法 你可以把对我的励志讲话从日程上划掉了 |
[07:22] | There will be more. | 还会有更多的哟 |
[07:26] | So, both of you are editors-in-chief? | 那么你们俩都是主编 |
[07:30] | Alexis is an editor-in-chief. Daniel is an editor-in-chief. | 亚历克西斯是主编 丹尼尔也是主编 |
[07:35] | Seems like everyone in the room is an editor-in-chief… | 搞得好像这个房间里所有人… 都是主编… |
[07:39] | – …except for me. – And me. | 就除了我不是 还有我呢 |
[07:42] | OK. Here’s how we’re gonna split up responsibilities. | 好了 我们的责任范围这样划分 |
[07:45] | Wilhelmina, you are still Creative Director. | 很显然 威廉敏娜 你还是创意总监 |
[07:48] | I’ll write the Letter from the Editor and have final say on the book. | 我还是继续写编者按 – 杂志最后拍板也由我说了算 |
[07:52] | – Wow, look at the big man in charge. – Somebody has to be. | – 瞧瞧 我们的主管大人哟 |
[07:55] | Not all of us have time to fake our own death, | 总得有人做吧 不是所有人都有时间装个死 |
[07:57] | disappear for two years. | 然后消失个两年 |
[07:59] | Oh, God. Are you still singing that old song? | 天 你又在老调重谈了 |
[08:01] | Daniel, you can be the boss of everything for all I care. | 丹尼尔 你能决定所有的事情 |
[08:05] | I don’t want anything to do with you, Dad or this magazine. | 我再不想和你 老爸 还有这个杂志有任何瓜葛 |
[08:08] | Really? | 你说真的? |
[08:10] | That’s not what you told Mom, is it? | 那可不是你对老妈说的话 对吗? |
[08:12] | Just stop, Daniel. I’m done. Have fun with your little magazine. | 闭嘴 丹尼尔 我退出 你就乖乖玩你的杂志吧 |
[08:16] | I, for one, have much bigger dreams. | 我有更远大的理想 |
[08:19] | Like what? A uterus? | 什么理想 有个子宫? |
[08:21] | You can say it, but can you spell it? | 你说的出 可你拼的出吗? |
[08:23] | Do I need to be in this meeting? | 这会议还有我说话的份么? |
[08:25] | This meeting’s over. | 会议结束了 |
[08:30] | They really did take your balls away with that operation, didn’t they? | 看起来 他们真的在手术中 把你的勇气连带着那话儿一起卸掉了 |
[08:34] | – Excuse me? – What is wrong with you? | 对不对? – 抱歉? – 你怎么了啊? |
[08:36] | You’re giving Bradford exactly what he wants. | 你这么做正中布拉德福下怀 |
[08:39] | – He won! Game over. – Not necessarily. | 他赢了 游戏结束了 不完全是 |
[08:42] | Bradford doesn’t want you anywhere near this magazine, right? | 布拉福德不想 这家杂志与你扯上半点关系 |
[08:45] | So, splash yourself all over it! | 对吗? 所以一旦他得知 你与这家杂志有千丝万缕的联系 |
[08:49] | Your father will die of shame. | 你老爸会羞愧而死的 |
[08:51] | He wouldn’t die. Stroke, maybe. | 他不会死的 中风倒有可能 |
[08:55] | Alexis, make Mode your own. | 亚历克西斯 把《时尚》变成你的囊中物 |
[08:57] | You approve the book, you write the Letter from the Editor. | 你批准发行 你来写编者按 |
[09:01] | Show the industry and your father who’s in charge. | 让整个业界和你老爸看看 到底谁才是掌权人 |
[09:03] | You mean, take it away from Daniel? | 你是说把它从丹尼尔那抢过来? |
[09:05] | – Do you care? – Not really. | 你还在乎这? 不太在乎了 |
[09:09] | Well, you really want to do this job, you should have an appropriate office… | 如果真的想要干好这份工作 你该有个像样的办公室… |
[09:16] | …like this one. | 就比如这个 |
[09:25] | This is our new office? It has fluorescent lighting. | 这就是我们的新办公室吗? 这儿有荧光灯 |
[09:28] | I will not be looked at under this merciless glare. | 我可不愿让人看到 我在这无情亮光下的样子 |
[09:31] | Patience, Blanche. It’s only temporary. | 忍一下啦 布兰奇 这只是暂时的 |
[09:34] | The minute Daniel sees her as a real threat, | 一旦丹尼尔将她视为真正的威胁… |
[09:36] | they’ll be at each other’s throats | 他们就会掐着对方脖子干了 |
[09:38] | and then I’ll have my pick of any office I want. | 然后我想要哪间办公室都成 |
[09:41] | Thank God, you have a new plan. We shall overcome, girlfriend. | 感谢上帝 你又有新计划了 我们会度过难关的 女朋友 |
[09:45] | You did not just say that. | 你最好只是说说 |
[09:49] | Oh, my God. Mommy, in the building. | 天 老妈…就在这个大厦里 |
[10:09] | Hello, Amanda. | 你好 阿曼达 |
[10:10] | Hi, Mama Weiner. | 你好啊 维纳妈咪 |
[10:13] | Dear, I hate to be rude, but now that you’ve broken Marc’s heart | 亲爱的 我不想那么无礼 但是既然你不检点的行为.. |
[10:17] | with your indiscretions, you should go back to Mrs. Weiner. | 伤透了我家小马克的心 我认为你还是叫我维纳太太为好 |
[10:21] | – Indiscretions? – Marc told me about the other men | – 不检点? – 马克告诉我你不但和别的男人有染… |
[10:24] | and women. | 还有女人 |
[10:26] | Drug addiction makes you do strange things. | 还有女人 染上毒瘾让你行为古怪 |
[10:28] | But Marc says you’re working on that, one day at a time. | 但马克说你正在努力戒掉 一步一步来吧 |
[10:33] | Really? Marc told you all of that, did he? | 是嘛? 马克统统都告诉你了 是吧? |
[10:37] | Mom! | 老妈! |
[10:38] | – There’s my Marky Marc! – Hi! | 我的马克宝贝儿! 我以为你去猫咪秀了 |
[10:44] | I thought you were going to the cat show then we were going to dinner? | – 然后再去吃晚饭 |
[10:47] | I had a “cat-tastrophy.” | – 宝贝 表演简直是场灾难 |
[10:49] | Lady Buttons of Camelot lost a jewel on her collar. | 卡默洛特的巴特茨夫人 弄丢了衣领上的一颗宝石 |
[10:52] | That’s a ten point penalty for appearance. | 这可是要被扣掉十分仪表分的 |
[10:54] | Can one of your fashion people fix it? | 你能帮我找个时尚人士修理下吗? |
[10:57] | Oh, of course! | 当然可以啦 |
[10:58] | Fashion person… help? | 时尚人士 帮帮忙? |
[11:01] | I would be happy to. | 我倒是很乐意 |
[11:02] | I just hope my drug and sex addictions don’t get in the way. | 只希望到时 我的毒瘾和性爱瘾不会碍事 |
[11:06] | Oh, Mom, why don’t you go to the cafeteria and get some lunch | 老妈… 为什么不去楼下餐厅里吃个午饭呢 |
[11:10] | and I’ll bring the collar to you. | – 我会把修好的衣领拿给你的 – |
[11:11] | Wait! Marc, aren’t you going to introduce your mom to your new love, | 等等 马克 你不准备把你的新欢介绍给你老妈吗? |
[11:15] | in whose bosom you found comfort after dating a skank like me? | 她温暖的胸怀给你带来慰藉 尤其是在和我这样地荡妇相处过后 |
[11:18] | You’re dating someone new? | 你有新女朋友了? |
[11:20] | Oh, look! And here she is. | 瞧 就是她 |
[11:23] | This is Marc’s new girlfriend, Betty. | 这是马克的新女朋友 贝蒂 |
[11:26] | Girlfriend? That’s a good one, Amanda. | 女朋友? 这笑话真好笑 阿曼达 |
[11:30] | What’s so funny? | 有什么好笑的? |
[11:32] | Well, you know, because Marc’s… | 你想啊 因为马克是… |
[11:58] | You haven’t told your mom you’re gay? | 你妈还不知道你是同性恋的事? |
[12:01] | I mean, isn’t it a little… | 我是说 这是不是有点… |
[12:03] | I don’t know… I… It’s just that you’re so… sparkly. | 我不知道 我只是…只是觉得你很… |
[12:07] | She visits twice a year, she sees what she wants to see. | – 炫! – 她一年来两次 她只想看她希望看到的 |
[12:10] | I can’t believe I’m asking you this. I need your help. | 我不敢相信我会开口求你 我需要你的帮助 |
[12:14] | You need my help? Hmm. | 你要我帮忙? |
[12:17] | The girl you’ve tortured for the last six months. | 过去六个月来一直受尽你折磨的女孩 |
[12:20] | I think “tortured” is a little severe. | “折磨”这个词有点言重了 |
[12:22] | My second day, you tricked me into eating glue | 我来的第二天 你就骗我吃胶水 |
[12:25] | by telling me it was white chocolate. I could’ve died. | 还告诉我说那是白巧克力 – 不! 我死也不帮 |
[12:27] | I only let you eat two pieces. Come on, Betty. | – 可我只让你吃了两块 别这样 贝蒂! |
[12:30] | It would really mean a lot to my mother. | 这件事对我老妈来说很重要 |
[12:34] | Lady Buttons of Camelot has a real shot in the show ring today. | 我认为卡默洛特的巴特茨女士 在今天的比赛中非常有希望 |
[12:38] | Look at her! She’s having a really good fur day. | 看看她 她毛色看起来棒极了 |
[12:41] | I’m not dating your kid anymore, | 好了 我已经和你的孩子分手了 |
[12:42] | so I don’t have to listen to the “cat-chat.” | 所以我没必要再去听那些猫言猫语 |
[12:45] | Marc’s right. You are cranky when you don’t get your fix. | 马克说的对 你没磕药的时候脾气果然暴 |
[12:54] | Oh, look at this. It’s Betty’s papi. | 瞧瞧这个 是贝蒂老爸打来的 |
[12:58] | – You should really talk to him. – Won’t Betty mind? | – 你真该和他聊聊 |
[13:01] | She hasn’t found the right time to tell her father she’s dating Marc. | – 贝蒂不会介意吧? 她还没遇到好时机告诉她老爸 |
[13:04] | You could really help them out. | 和马克交往的事 你正好可以帮帮他们 |
[13:08] | Hi, this is Jean Weiner. | 你好 我是吉恩·维纳 |
[13:11] | All you have to do is come stand next to me | 你要做的就是 站在我身边两分钟 |
[13:14] | and let me tell my mom that we’re… dating. | 然后我来告诉老妈我们…在交往 |
[13:17] | It’s crazy. She would never believe us. | – 太疯狂了 |
[13:19] | OK, if you do this for me… | 她绝不会相信的 – 好吧好吧 |
[13:22] | …I’ll give you information to save your boss’s job. | 如果你帮我 我会给你透露些消息 它们能帮助你老板不丢饭碗 |
[13:25] | What? Why? What do you know? | 什么? 为什么? 你知道些什么? |
[13:27] | Uh-uh. You help me first. | 你先帮我再说 |
[13:31] | So, how’s the happy couple? | 幸福的夫妻俩怎么样了? |
[13:34] | Oh, laugh, clown, laugh. | 你就笑吧 小丑 尽情的笑吧 |
[13:37] | But I am showing everyone copies of your “modeling” photos. | 但我会让所有人看… 你的”模特”照片的拷贝 |
[13:41] | OK, those were tasteful. And he told me he loved me. | 那些照片很有品味的 而且他说过他爱我 |
[13:44] | Besides, you’re not gonna have time to show anyone anything. | 另外 你根本没时间给任何人看任何东西 |
[13:48] | – Your mom just talked to Betty’s dad. – She what? | – 你老妈刚和贝蒂的老爸聊过了 – 什么? |
[13:51] | And you’re all having dinner tonight at the Casa de Suarez. | 你们今天将共进晚餐 |
[13:54] | Ta! | 在苏亚雷斯府 |
[13:56] | This better be some good information, Marc. | 这些信息最好真的能帮上忙 马克 |
[13:59] | – You’re ruining meatloaf night. – Wait, what? | 你破坏了烤牛肉块之夜 – 等等 |
[14:03] | Alexis wants to take over the company and push you out. | 什么? – 亚历克西斯想把公司抢走再把你踹开 |
[14:06] | – That’s what Marc said. – Is Alex in his office? | – 马克是这么说的 – 亚历克西斯在她办公室里吗 |
[14:08] | Yes, she is. | 她在 |
[14:10] | Why would Marc tell you that? Didn’t he make you eat glue? | 马克为什么要告诉你这些 – 他以前不是让你吃胶水吗 |
[14:13] | Yeah, that was before. I’m his girlfriend now. | – 都过去了 我现在是他的女朋友了 |
[14:15] | – His what? – The things I do for you. | 他的什么? 我这样做都是为了你 |
[14:20] | Daniel Meade. Nick Pepper, Ms. Meade’s new assistant. | 丹尼尔·米德 尼克·佩珀 米德小姐的新助理 |
[14:25] | I’ve followed your career since I graduated from Cornell. | 你一直都是我的榜样… 从康奈尔大学毕业开始 |
[14:28] | I want to be you in five years. | 五年内我也想要成为和你一样的人物 |
[14:30] | Buy more expensive ties, sleep with a few models, | 多买点贵的领带 多睡几个模特… |
[14:33] | – and you’re halfway there, buddy. – Yes! | 你就成功了一半了 兄弟 赞! |
[14:37] | So, new office, new assistant. Is that what you meant by, | 新办公室 新助理 |
[14:42] | “I don’t want a thing to do with this magazine?” | 这就是你所说的 – “我不想和这家公司有任何瓜葛?” |
[14:44] | Oh, calm down, Daniel. | – 冷静点 丹尼尔 |
[14:45] | I’ve been thinking about what you said, and… | 我一直在思考你说的话… |
[14:49] | I just can’t lie to Mom again. | 我不能再对老妈撒谎了 |
[14:51] | If us working together makes her happy then I think we should give it a try. | 所以如果我们一起工作能让她开心 那么至少我们也试一下吧 |
[14:55] | I’ll even follow your lead. | 我甚至会服从你的领导 |
[14:56] | And Lucy’s actually gonna let Charlie Brown kick the football, right? | 你这次真的不是耍我 对吗? (露西和查理布朗都是史努比中的人物) |
[15:01] | You’re not fooling me, Alexis. I’m not the kid brother you used to push around. | 你不是在耍我吧 亚历克西斯 我不再是孩提时 那个被你耍得团团的弟弟了 |
[15:04] | And I’m not your big brother anymore, clearly! | 很显然我也不再是你的大哥 |
[15:07] | Look, can we not make this about us? This is about Mom. | 听着 不要把话题转到我们身上 这是关于老妈的 |
[15:13] | If I agree… | 如果我同意 |
[15:15] | …that wouldn’t mean I’m working for you, understood? | 那也不意味着我会为你工作 |
[15:18] | I know! Fifty-fifty. | – 明白? – 我知道 权利均等嘛 |
[15:21] | You want me to pinky-swear? | 想拉勾勾吗? |
[15:23] | OK, so what can I do? | 好吧 我该怎么做? |
[15:25] | Well, this issue is pretty much put to bed, so… | 这期杂志快要定稿了 |
[15:29] | I haven’t written the Letter from the Editor yet. | 我还没有写本期的编者按 |
[15:32] | Maybe you can write one too. | 也许你也可以写一篇 |
[15:34] | I’ll print them side-by-side. How about that? | 我会将它们并排印刷的 你看如何? |
[15:37] | – Side-by-side? – Yes, Alex. It’s called “sharing.” | – 并排? – 对 |
[15:41] | You mean, like Katie Myers? | 亚历克斯 – 这就是传说中的分享 – 比如分享你的女朋友凯蒂? |
[15:44] | That wasn’t so much “sharing” as you “stealing my girlfriend.” | 她是被你抢走的吧 不能算分享 |
[15:47] | OK, bad example. | 这例子不咋样 |
[15:49] | I need 400 words by tomorrow morning. We take the book to press by noon. | 明早之前你要交给我400字的编者按 明天中午我们把书送去印刷 |
[15:58] | Nick! | 尼可 |
[16:02] | Cancel your paintball game or whatever it is you do after work. | 取消你的彩蛋球比赛 和你下班后的一切活动 |
[16:06] | We’ve got a lot to do if we’re to get this to the printers by midnight. | 如果要在午夜前把书送去印刷 我们就有得忙了 |
[16:10] | Didn’t Daniel say noon? | 丹尼尔不是说明天中午吗 |
[16:12] | Daniel also thinks I’m gonna be sharing this job fifty-fifty. | – 丹尼尔还认为我会和他分享工作 |
[16:16] | You’re not? | – 难道不是吗? |
[16:17] | Honey, I didn’t share Katie Myers and I’m not gonna share this magazine. | 亲爱的 我过去没同他共享过凯蒂 现在也不会和他共享这家杂志 |
[16:22] | There’s my issue, and there’s Daniel’s. | 这期杂志会有我做的一个版本 还有他做的一个版本 |
[16:25] | And Daniel’s is never gonna see the light of day. | 可丹尼尔的那个版本将永不见天日 |
[16:27] | Dude, you’re awesome. | 姐们 你真可怕 |
[16:30] | Dude, you haven’t seen anything yet. | 哥们 好戏还在后头 |
[16:37] | OK, we got to focus. We got to sit through dinner with my mother, | 好的 我们要集中精神 我们要和我老妈一起吃晚饭 |
[16:40] | we have to know everything about each other. | 我们必须把对方的事了解的一清二楚 |
[16:43] | – You’re from the Philippines, right? – Queens! | – 你从菲利宾来 对吧? – 皇后区 |
[16:45] | Don’t give me that look. They both end in “eens.” | 别那样看着我 两个单词的结尾都一样 |
[16:48] | We met when I made a bet with my friends | 我们相遇时 我和朋友打赌说 |
[16:51] | that I could turn you from an ugly duckling into a swan. | 能把你从一只丑小鸭… – 变成美丽的天鹅 |
[16:54] | Marc, that’s She’s All That. | – 马克 那是《窈窕美眉》的电影情节好不好 |
[16:56] | No, in that movie she actually became beautiful. | 不 电影里 她真的变漂亮了 |
[16:58] | I fell in love with you because of the whole “inner beauty” crap. | 我爱上你是因为那些内在美之类的东西 |
[17:02] | OK, let’s move to the flash cards. | 好吧 我们开始背这些卡片 |
[17:04] | I hope you studied. | 我希望你已经看过了 |
[17:07] | – What’s my favorite boy band? – ‘N Sync! | – 我最喜欢的乐队是? – 超级男孩 |
[17:10] | – What’s my favorite musical? – High School Musical! | – 答对了 我最喜欢的音乐剧 – “高校音乐”! |
[17:13] | – Where do I get my Mystic Tan? – Sunset Tan on 48th! | 答对了! 我在哪把皮肤晒成神秘的棕褐色? – 48号日光浴会所 – 都答对了! |
[17:16] | Will these answers really convince your mom you’re straight? | 马克 这些答案真能让你老妈相信你是直男吗 |
[17:19] | Straight guys Mystic Tan. Hello, Tom Cruise. OK, now you go. | 正常并且拥有神秘棕褐色皮肤的男人 汤姆·克鲁斯不就是啊 好了 轮到你了 |
[17:23] | – Who’s Justin? – Pass. | – 谁是贾斯廷? – 过 |
[17:26] | – He’s my nephew, you’ve met him. – Pass. I’ll never remember that! | – 他是我的侄子 你见过他啊 – 过! 过! 我就是记不住啦 下一题 |
[17:29] | How old am I? | – 我多大了? – 32岁 |
[17:31] | – 32. – 22! | – 真的吗? |
[17:32] | – Really? – Yes! Thank you for that. | – 真的吗? 真的 |
[17:34] | – My favorite flowers? – Pink Gerber daisies | 谢谢啊 我最喜欢的花是? 粉红色雏菊 |
[17:38] | Henry? Hi. | 亨利 |
[17:41] | Just dropping off paychecks. | 我来送薪水的 |
[17:43] | How have you been? | 最近怎样? |
[17:45] | Good, good. How’s Charlie? | 最近怎样? 很好 查莉好吗? |
[17:48] | – Good. She’s good. – OK, OK, Betty. | 好 她也很好 |
[17:51] | We gotta finish this. | 好了! 贝蒂 我们快点答完这些 |
[17:53] | – Favorite pizza toppings? – Goat cheese and capers! | 好的 我最新喜欢的匹萨饼顶料 – 山羊乳干酪和马槟榔 |
[17:56] | – Pepperoni, mushroom. – Hey, who’s girlfriend is she? Beat it! | – 意大利辣香肠和蘑菇 嘿… 她是谁的女朋友? 闭嘴! |
[18:00] | I’m sorry. I’m just helping him with something. | 对不起 我只是想帮他点忙 |
[18:03] | – Well, it was nice seeing you. – Yeah. | 很高兴见到你 |
[18:09] | – Favorite Disney Princess? – Oh, Mulan. | 最喜欢的迪斯尼公主是? 花木兰? |
[18:12] | Cinderella. Her mother always read that to her before bed. | 灰姑娘 母亲总在她睡觉前讲这个故事给她听 |
[18:48] | OK, I think you’ve got it. | 好了 |
[18:49] | Print up those proofs and get them to graphics ASAP. | 我想应该差不多了 现在去把照片冲出来吧 |
[18:52] | We have a midnight deadline. Let’s move! | 越快越好 午夜为限 – |
[18:55] | I see someone’s enjoying her new role. | 大家 都动起来! – 看起来某人很喜欢她的新角色 |
[18:58] | Love what you did with the office. | 办公室布置得很不错 |
[19:01] | And I read your letter for the magazine. | 我看了你写的编者按 |
[19:03] | Brilliant! A scathing indictment of dear ol’ Dad. | 字字珠玑 对亲爱的老爸进行无情的控诉 |
[19:07] | And you’re looking at the new cover. Think Daddy will like it? | 而你现在看到的是新一期的封面 – 老爸会喜欢吗? – 他喜欢大胸部 – 如果长到他儿子身上 就难保他喜不喜欢了 – 完美无缺 |
[19:10] | He is a breast man. Don’t know whether he’ll like them on his son. | |
[19:13] | Perfect! | |
[19:15] | Is it safe to assume that Daniel is not aware of any of this? | 丹尼尔是不是完全被蒙在鼓里? |
[19:19] | Oh, please. Daniel’s clueless. | 丹尼尔什么都不知道 |
[19:21] | He won’t even know this is happening until the issue hits the stands. | 他根本不知道这期间发生了什么 直到这一期的杂志出现在报摊上 |
[19:25] | I have to go change my clothes. I have a million things to do. | 我该去换衣服了 今晚之前我还有数不清的事要做 |
[19:32] | – It’s almost scary how easy this is. – You are evil. | 事情简单的让人害怕 你就是个魔鬼 |
[19:38] | I’m so going as you for Halloween! | 万圣节的时候我想装扮成你的样子 |
[19:50] | – I read your Letter from the Editor. – And? | – 我看过你的编者按了 – 然后呢? |
[19:54] | – It’s good! – Uh-oh. | 很不错 |
[19:56] | Your voice got all high, like when I ask you to stay late and you say, | 你说这句话的时候音调变高了 就像我让你加班的时候你会说… |
[19:59] | – “I don’t mind.” – No. It’s a good letter, it’s just… | “我不介意” 不…不…的确很好 – |
[20:04] | – It’s about shoes! – This is a fashion magazine, right? | 只是…内容都是关于鞋子的 – 这是本时尚杂志 不是吗 |
[20:08] | But this isn’t just any issue of Mode. | 但这期《时尚》不同于往常啊 |
[20:10] | With everything that’s been going on, | 我是说 看看你的家庭都发生了些什么 |
[20:12] | people are gonna be looking to this as your public statement. | 人们会把这篇文章当作你的公开声明 |
[20:15] | Don’t you think you should write something a little bit more… | 你不认为该多写点其他的东西吗 |
[20:18] | …personal? Maybe you could… | 比如私人点的? – 也许你可以 |
[20:20] | – I can’t. – Is it too painful? | – 但我不行 这对你来说太痛苦了? |
[20:23] | No. I mean, literally, I can’t… | 不 我的意思是 就像我说的 我不能… |
[20:27] | I don’t know how to write a letter like that. | 我不知道该怎么写那样的文章 |
[20:30] | Daniel, I read your letter every month. | 丹尼尔 我每个月都会读你的编者按 |
[20:33] | It’s always funny and smart and… | 每篇都很风趣而且睿智 |
[20:36] | It’s one of the things that makes you such an amazing editor. | 这是你作为一个优秀的主编 所具有的特质之一 |
[20:39] | I don’t exactly write those letters. | 那些不是我写的 |
[20:43] | You know Jeremy from Features? | 你认识《个性》的杰里米吗? |
[20:46] | He kinda writes them, and I… I sign my name to them. | 其实都是他帮我写的 我只是 在上面签名而已 |
[20:49] | That’s dishonest. | 那是欺骗 |
[20:52] | How is your boyfriend, Marc, doing? | 你男朋友马克又如何? 贝蒂 |
[20:54] | – Point taken. – I am not a writer, Betty. | – 一语中的 – 我不是个作家 贝蒂 |
[20:57] | I can’t do this. I’m barely an editor. | 我做不来 我只是个主编而已 |
[20:59] | Daniel, you get a magazine out every month and you do an amazing job. | 丹尼尔 你每个月都要出一期杂志 你做的非常出色 |
[21:04] | And you’ll do an amazing job on this letter, too. | 你同样也能写出一篇很棒的编者按 |
[21:07] | You just have to write from the heart. | 只要用心去写 |
[21:09] | You really want your letter to be about how the pilgrim buckle is back? | 我是说 你真的希望你的文章都是关于 – |
[21:13] | Well, it is. | 方型搭扣风的回归吗 – 是的 |
[21:20] | You can do this. | 你能做好的 |
[21:31] | There’s my little enchilada. | 我的墨西哥小辣妹子 |
[21:34] | – Sorry we’re late. – Oh, it’s not a problem… baby. | – 对不起 我们迟到了 – 没关系 …宝贝 |
[21:41] | It’s my fault. The cat was acting up, I couldn’t leave her in the hotel. | 是我的错 猫咪太调皮了 我不能把它留在酒店里 |
[21:46] | How did Miss Lady Buttons of Camelot do in the show today? | 卡默洛特的巴特茨夫人 – 今天表现如何? |
[21:49] | Last place. I stripped away her title. Her name’s just Buttons now. | – 最后一名 我把它的头衔给去掉了 现在它只是巴特茨 |
[21:53] | Let’s just sit down real fast, eat that dinner and we’ll be out of here. | 好了 我们快坐下来吧 早点吃饭 早点散场 |
[21:58] | – Hey, Mr. Suarez. – Call me Papi. | 你好 苏亚雷斯先生 叫我老爸 |
[22:02] | – Too much? – Mmm-hmm. | 过头了? |
[22:03] | – This is my mom, Jean Weiner. – Hi. | 这是我老妈 吉恩·维纳 |
[22:05] | Yes, we talked on the phone. I love your home. | 你好 我们在电话里聊过 |
[22:08] | It’s so… festivo! | 我喜欢你们的家 它看上去很… 很有节日气氛 |
[22:11] | There they are. Hello, hi! | 他们来了! 你好! |
[22:15] | I’m Hilda, Betty’s sister. | 我是希尔达 贝蒂的姐姐 |
[22:18] | Can you believe these two crazy kids? So in love! | 你能相信这些小家伙吗 这么快就坠入了爱河! |
[22:23] | – Let me take your things for you. – Oh, thank you. | 让我来帮你拿东西 谢谢 |
[22:28] | What is she doing here? | 她在这干嘛? |
[22:29] | “She” wouldn’t miss this for the world. | 她不会错过这场好戏的 |
[22:34] | – She lives here. – “She lives here.” | – 她住这 – “她住这” |
[22:58] | Taquito, | 甜心 |
[22:59] | remember that time we drove upstate to look at the leaves? | 还记得我们开车去郊外看落叶的时光吗? |
[23:04] | Oh, yes! And we listened to ‘N Sync the whole way up | 当然记得 一路上我们都在听超级男孩的歌 |
[23:07] | because that’s Marc’s favorite band. | 因为那是马克最喜欢的乐队 |
[23:10] | I know that because I am his boyfriend. | 我知道这个因为我是他的男朋友… |
[23:12] | I mean, he’s my girlfriend. I mean… | 我是说 他是我的女朋友! 我是说… |
[23:15] | So, Miss Weiner, tell us. How did you get started in cat shows? | 维纳太太 给我们讲一些… 你怎么会开始参加猫咪秀的? |
[23:20] | Oh, well it was just fun at first. | 好的 开始只是觉得有趣 |
[23:21] | I had a hairless Sphynx named Mr. Meowington | 我养了一只加拿大无毛猫 叫做喵灵顿先生 |
[23:24] | who I entered in a local pageant. | 它曾参加了一场当地猫咪选美大赛 |
[23:26] | For his talent competition he flushed a toilet. | 在才艺比赛中 它表演冲马桶 |
[23:31] | See, even a cat can remember to do it. | 瞧? 就连猫都能记得冲厕所 |
[23:34] | Betty, you have the same sense of humor as | 贝蒂 你让我想起一个人 你和马克的旧室友恰克 有着同样的幽默感 – 亲爱的 你后来有见过恰克吗? – 我不想提起他 我们只是…失去联系了 |
[23:37] | Marc’s old roommate Chuck. Honey, do you ever see Chuck? | |
[23:41] | I don’t want to talk about him. We just… sort of lost touch. | |
[23:46] | He was so handsome, and they were so close. | 他好帅气的 他们俩曾经亲密无间 |
[23:49] | We weren’t that close! We were just poker buddies. | 我们才没那么亲密 我们只是扑克牌友 |
[23:52] | I’m guessing a lot of hold ’em. | 我猜他们玩了很多扑克 |
[23:54] | So how long have you two been going out? | 那么你们俩在一起多长时间了? |
[23:57] | – Six months. – Three months. | – 3个月 – 6个月 |
[23:59] | I mean six months. It has been six months, | 我是说六个月 已经六个月了 |
[24:01] | it just feels like three months. | 是啊 就好像才过了三个月而已 |
[24:03] | Our first date, we watched High School Musical | 第一次约会时 我们去看了”高校音乐剧” |
[24:06] | because that’s Marc’s favorite musical, | 因为那是马克最爱的音乐剧 |
[24:09] | and I know that. | 我就是知道 |
[24:13] | Would you guys excuse us for just a minute? | 对不起 我们要失陪一下 |
[24:16] | Treasure, can I see you up in my room? | – 宝贝 – 什么? – 能到我房里来一下吗? – 好的 |
[24:23] | Hey, keep that door open! | 嘿 |
[24:25] | Oh… | 别关门 |
[24:32] | So this is where the tragic happens. | 这就是发生悲剧的地方啦 |
[24:36] | Marc, we can’t do this anymore. Marc! | 马克 我们不能再这样做了 |
[24:38] | We are not convincing anybody. I keep waiting for Mr. Roper to show up. | 马克! 没人会相信我俩 我一直在等待路伯尔先生出现的那一刻 (电视剧中的房东 此处指希望马克同志身份被揭穿) |
[24:42] | You agreed to this. I helped you with Daniel. | – 你同意了的 我帮了你和丹尼尔 |
[24:45] | You’re a grown man. Tell her the truth. She might surprise you. | – 你是个成年人了 告诉她真相 或许她会给你个惊喜 |
[24:48] | Look what happened with Lady Buttons, and that was just over a stupid ribbon! | 开什么玩笑 瞧瞧巴特茨夫人身上发生的事情 而起因是一根愚蠢的丝带 不 |
[24:53] | I’m her child. Her favorite. I can’t disappoint her. | 我是她的孩子 她的最爱 我不能让她失望 得了 得了 |
[25:08] | How do you tell someone after ten years that none of it’s been real? | 十年之后你该怎么告诉别人呢 告诉别人这一切都是假的? |
[25:13] | If I tell her the truth now, then we’ve got nothing. | 如果我现在告诉她真相 那我们就前功尽弃了 |
[25:17] | What do you have now? | 可你现在又得到些什么? |
[25:19] | Two visits and Christmas? That’s not a relationship. | 两次拜访和圣诞节团聚? 那可不算是母子关系 |
[25:23] | – It’s too late. – No, it’s not. | 已经太迟了 不 一点也不迟 |
[25:27] | Marc, you have a mother. And she is downstairs, | 马克 你有一个母亲 而她就在楼下 |
[25:31] | and you have a chance to make her part of your life. | 你还有机会让她成为你生活的一部分 |
[25:33] | Do you know what I would give for that? | 为能得到这些 你知道我愿意付出多少吗 |
[25:38] | My family’s not your family, OK? | 我们两家是不同的 对吗 |
[25:41] | So, let’s turn that mustache upside down, | 现在扬起嘴角换上笑脸 |
[25:44] | go downstairs and finish dinner and then we’ll be out of here! | 下楼吃完饭…然后走人 |
[25:48] | OK, but let’s bring it back down to a man’s voice. | 好吧 但请先变回男人的声音 |
[25:53] | Hi, Aunt Betty. Hi, Uncle Marc. | 你好 贝蒂阿姨 你好 马克叔叔 |
[25:58] | – What’s your son doing here? – Nephew! | 你儿子在这干嘛? 侄子 |
[26:01] | Sorry. Justin’s supposed to be with his father, | 不好意思 贾斯廷本来是要和他老爸一起吃饭的 |
[26:04] | but don’t worry, I had a chat with him, he’s onboard. | 但不用担心 我和他小谈了一会 – |
[26:06] | Dad tried to take me out for fast food. | 他已经知道了 – 老爸居然要带我吃快餐 |
[26:09] | Chicken nuggets are 15 points. it’s almost bathing suit season! | 鸡块可是高达15点 眼看着快要到穿泳衣的季节了 (此处指重量纠察计划中的点 每种食物都有其固定的点数) |
[26:12] | All right, just help clear the plates? | 能帮我收拾盘子吗? |
[26:14] | So, Hilda, you’re a single mom. That must be hard. | 那么 希尔达 你是个单身母亲? 一定很不容易吧 |
[26:18] | How long ago did you and your husband split? | 你和你丈夫分开多久了? |
[26:20] | We were never actually married, you know. | 实际上我们从没有结过婚 |
[26:22] | Prom Night, condom breaks, long story. | 毕业舞会…保险套破了…说来话长 |
[26:26] | Actually not. That’s pretty much it. | 也不太长 故事已经说完了 |
[26:29] | – That’s a lot of information. – I’ll get that. | 信息量真大 |
[26:32] | Betty, look what I silk-screened in our class today. | – 我来吧 – |
[26:35] | Ooh… Is that some celebrity? | 贝蒂 瞧 我上课时在衣服上印了什么 是某个名人吗? |
[26:38] | – No. Uh… – You kidding? She totally is! | 你在开玩笑吗? 她绝对是个大牌 |
[26:40] | Claire Meade, she murdered Fey Sommers. | 克莱尔·米德谋杀了菲·索莫斯 |
[26:42] | But she was completely justified. It was a crime of passion, | 但她的行为完全是正当的 这是为爱犯下的罪 |
[26:46] | and I will not rest until that woman is free! | 除非她被无罪释放 不然我不会停止抗议 |
[26:48] | I’m starting a petition at school tomorrow. | 我明天会在学校组织一场请愿活动 |
[26:51] | What a pretty kitty. Can I pet her? | 好可爱的猫猫 我能摸摸它吗? |
[26:53] | He’s starting a petition to help out a murderer? | 他准备帮个杀人犯请愿? |
[26:56] | They’re going with insanity. | 他们只是有点失去理智 |
[26:58] | Really, it helps Justin focus his anxiety. | 事实上 这有助于贾斯廷集中精力 |
[27:01] | He’s still pretty upset about the Dreamgirls Best Picture snub. | 对《追梦女郎》落选最佳影片的事 他仍然耿耿于怀 |
[27:05] | Babel? What’s Babel? | – 《通天塔》? 《通天塔》是什么玩意? – 天 我知道 《追梦女郎》是电影史上的重要成就… 碧昂丝的胸部 可不是盖的 |
[27:07] | Oh, my God, I know. Dreamgirls was a cinematic achievement. | |
[27:10] | And… how about the boobs on that Beyonce, huh? | |
[27:13] | I can’t get the lid off the trashcan! | 老爸 我打不开垃圾桶的盖子 |
[27:16] | The cat’s going for the door! | 猫咪 跑到门那边去了 老爸 我来! |
[27:17] | – I got it! – You can’t go out! | 我来! 等等 老爸 你不能出去 |
[27:22] | What is that noise? | 巴特茨 那是什么声音? |
[27:24] | Grandpa’s under house arrest. | – 外公被”屋禁”了 – 是我 |
[27:25] | – Yes, Constance. – He murder someone, too? | 康斯坦斯 – 他也杀人了? – |
[27:28] | – No! He’s not a criminal. – He’s an illegal immigrant. | 不是! – 他不是罪犯 – 他是非法入境者 |
[27:31] | Would you shut up? | 这可不能和外人说 |
[27:32] | Are you sure you want to get involved with this family? | 你真的想要和这样的家庭扯上关系? |
[27:36] | What’s he doing here? | 他在那儿干什么? |
[27:40] | – Daniel? – Who’s Daniel? | 丹尼尔 谁是丹尼尔 |
[27:43] | He’s… Betty’s ex-boyfriend. | – 他是… – 贝蒂的前男友 |
[27:48] | What? I can’t play, too? | 怎么了? |
[27:58] | – Thank you. – Mmm-hmm. | 我就不能掺上一脚吗 |
[28:01] | Oh, Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[28:03] | How did you get in here? Only family is permitted. | 你怎么进来的? 只有家属才允许进来 |
[28:07] | I’m your incredibly tan sister. | 我是你那个皮肤暴晒成棕褐色的妹妹 |
[28:12] | Let me look at you. | 让我瞧瞧 |
[28:13] | Oh, you poor thing, and handcuffs? | 天可怜见的 手铐? |
[28:19] | I have committed a crime. | 我是个罪犯 |
[28:21] | Not letting a woman have her makeup bag. Now that’s a crime. | 不让女人带化妆包才是真正的犯罪 |
[28:26] | What do you want, Wilhelmina? | – 你想要什么? |
[28:27] | I came out of great concern for your children. | – 我来是要告诉你我对你孩子们的担心 |
[28:30] | Things are not going well with Daniel and Alexis, | 他们之间有点不太融洽 |
[28:33] | and I fear they’ll soon destroy the magazine… and each other. | 我担心他们很快就会毁了这家杂志社 和对方 |
[28:38] | Much better. | 看起来好多了 |
[28:42] | So I thought if there was a way to salvage what’s left, | 所以我想如果还有补救的办法 |
[28:45] | if there were someone who could supervise, perhaps mediate. | 如果有人能够…监督…或者说是调解… |
[28:50] | And I suppose that person would be you? | 我猜那个人就是你吧? |
[28:52] | I practically ran the magazine when Daniel was in charge. | 丹尼尔当权的时候 其实都是我在幕后打理这家杂志社 |
[28:55] | It’s that I have no authority in my current position. | 只是…我还没有被正式授权 |
[28:59] | You want me to do something about that? | 所以你才想让我做点什么? |
[29:01] | Well, I don’t know what… | 能做什么我不知道 |
[29:03] | …except maybe have your attorneys draw up some contracts? | 或许可以让你的律师拟点合同之类的东西 |
[29:08] | I believe the phrase is… | – 我想那个说法应该是… |
[29:10] | “Power of Attorney?” | – 委任状? |
[29:13] | Yeah, something like that. | 对 差不多那个意思 |
[29:15] | It would be a way for me to rightfully protect them. | 这样就可以正式授权让我保护他们 |
[29:17] | – After all, I am a mother too. – You’re telling me. | 毕竟 我也是个母亲 不出所料 |
[29:21] | Cut the act, Wilhelmina. | 直说吧 威廉敏娜 |
[29:23] | I’m not Bradford or one of those other suits in that office | 我可不像布拉德福 或者其他西装革履坐在办公室里的家伙 |
[29:26] | who can get taken in by your collagen smile and your plastic ass. | 轻易就被你的假笑和假臀部给迷倒 |
[29:31] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[29:32] | Well, perhaps I can offer you something that might change your mind. | 好吧 也许我能用其他东西改变你的主意 |
[29:40] | I know you’re drying out and all, | 我知道你正在戒酒 可是… |
[29:42] | but one little sip couldn’t hurt, could it? | 喝一小口又有什么大不了的 对吧 |
[29:48] | I bet this would make those ice chips taste so much better. | 我打赌这会让那些冰块的味道变得好极了 |
[29:55] | You actually think I would sell out my children for a lousy drink? | 你真的以为我会为了一口酒 就出卖自己的孩子? |
[29:58] | Maybe not one, but after four or five. You’ve been known to do a lot worse. | 也许不是一口 但在几口之后 你就不知道自己会干些什么了 |
[30:05] | Listen to me, Wilhelmina, and you listen good. | 给我听着 威廉敏娜 你给我听好了 |
[30:08] | I know who you are, and you’re not getting your hands on this company. | 我知道你是什么样的货色 我绝对不允许你染指这家公司 |
[30:13] | That slut Fey Sommers may have become editor-in-chief | 菲·索莫斯那个贱人或许可以靠 |
[30:16] | by going after my husband. But from now on, | 和我老公鬼混得到主编的位置 但从现在开始 |
[30:18] | the only person running this magazine will be a Meade. | 只有米德家族的人才能经营这家杂志社 好吧 |
[30:27] | Sorry you feel that way, Claire. | 很遗憾你这样认为 克莱尔 |
[30:28] | Perhaps I can… offer this to you | 也许可以用这杯酒表达我最诚挚的歉意 |
[30:32] | with my humblest apologies. | |
[30:39] | Oh, darn. You can’t reach that, can you? | 见鬼 你够不着 |
[30:44] | Oops. Look at the time, I gotta run. | 不是吗? 时候到了 我要走了 |
[30:48] | Sorry, dear. | 对不起 亲爱的 |
[31:09] | So did he pop the question yet? | – 那么他求婚了吗? |
[31:11] | Stop! It’s not funny. | – 打住 这不好笑 |
[31:13] | I have to kiss him and he wears lip gloss. | 我还得和他接吻 他居然涂了润唇膏 |
[31:16] | All right. So, I finished the letter. | 编者按我写完了 |
[31:18] | I wanted you to read it. I think it turned out pretty well. | 只是希望你能读一下 我觉得还不错 |
[31:22] | “He Ain’t Heavy, She’s My Brother.” Aw… | “他块头不大 她是我的哥哥” |
[31:25] | So if you can proof it, e-mail it to Alexis, she can put it in the book. | 如果你觉得还行 把它电邮给亚历克西斯 她会把它放到样本书里 |
[31:29] | It has to be at the printers by tomorrow morning. | 明天早上才送去印刷呢 |
[31:31] | You could have just e- mailed this to me. | 你本可以电邮给我的 |
[31:34] | I wanted to see the look on your face when you’re not disappointed in me. | 是啊 可是我… 我想亲眼见到我没让你失望时的表情 |
[31:40] | Could you come here? | 你能进来一下吗 |
[31:42] | My mother lost an earring and is convinced your father stole it. | 你能进来一下吗 我老妈丢了一个耳环 还坚信是你爸偷的 |
[31:45] | Could you give us a minute? | 你就不能等一下吗 |
[31:49] | The honeymoon is definitely over. | 蜜月结束了 |
[31:52] | Well, as much fun as I make of all your pep talks, | 好吧 我曾嘲笑过你的那些励志讲话 |
[31:56] | they actually kinda made me feel… peppy. | 但它们的确让我…士气大增 |
[32:06] | What are you doing? | |
[32:08] | I wanted to read this. Daniel worked really hard on it. | 你在干什么? 我在读编者按 丹尼尔很用心的去写它 |
[32:10] | Forget that stupid letter and come back in… | 好吧 忘掉那封愚蠢的编者按然后跟我进来 |
[32:13] | – It’s not stupid. – No, but Daniel is. | – 一点都不愚蠢 – 它不蠢 但丹尼尔很蠢 |
[32:15] | Alexis isn’t putting that in the magazine! | 亚历克西斯不会把那它放进杂志里的 |
[32:17] | She’s not in charge! | 不是她说了算! |
[32:18] | No one told her that. She’s redone the entire issue. | 没人告诉她 她正在重新编排整期杂志 |
[32:21] | It’s already on its way to the printer. Forget that and come here. | 而杂志正在送交印刷的路上 所以忘记这一切和我进来 |
[32:24] | Oh, my God. I have to go and catch Daniel. | 天哪 我必须去追丹尼尔 |
[32:28] | No, Betty, Betty, you can’t go! | 不 贝蒂 |
[32:30] | Betty, he is your ex-boyfriend | 你不能走 他…他是你的前男友 |
[32:33] | and I am your current boyfriend. | 而我是你现在的男朋友! |
[32:35] | He is my boss, and you’re an idiot! | 他是我老板 而你是个蠢蛋! |
[32:38] | We’re gonna talk about this in couples counseling! | 这些话留到婚姻咨询处再谈吧! |
[32:53] | Come on, we haven’t moved in 20 minutes! | 快点阿! 我们堵在这20分钟了 |
[32:56] | I’m e-mailing the printer. OK to type “Stop the presses?” | 我又给印刷负责人写了封电邮 我写”停止印刷”可以吗? |
[32:58] | I can’t believe I trusted her. I am so stupid. | 我居然相信了她 我太傻了 |
[33:02] | You were giving Alexis a chance, wanted to believe the best in people. | 不 你不傻 你在给亚历克西斯一次机会 你想去相信人性本善 |
[33:05] | We’re never gonna get there in time. | 我们没办法及时赶到的 |
[33:07] | You know, the printer’s not that far away. Come on. | 印刷厂离这不远 快点! |
[33:15] | – Excuse us. Coming through. – Excuse me! | 抱歉 抱歉! 不好意思 借过 |
[33:22] | I just don’t understand. Betty took off with her ex-boyfriend? | 我只是不明白 贝蒂和她的前男友走了? |
[33:26] | Marc, don’t you think that’s weird? | 马克 你不觉得有些蹊跷吗 |
[33:31] | Mom, there’s something I need to tell you about me. | 老妈 有些… 有些事情我必须要告诉你… 关于我的 |
[33:36] | I am… | 我… |
[33:41] | …breaking up with Betty. | 和贝蒂分手了 |
[33:43] | Oh, thank God! | 感谢上天! |
[33:47] | Wait, you didn’t like her? | 等等 您不喜欢她? |
[33:49] | Marc, honey, let’s be honest. With that hair and that face, | 马克 亲爱的 |
[33:53] | what were my grandchildren gonna look like? | 诚实点 看她的头发和脸 我的孙子会是什么样子? |
[33:55] | Betty and her family were pretty nice to us tonight. | 老妈! 贝蒂和她家人今晚热情招待了我们啊 |
[33:58] | Don’t get me started on the family. Her father, why should I pay his taxes? | 她的家人? 别提她的家人 她爸爸 我凭什么为了他这种人缴税? |
[34:01] | – He broke into this country. – Mom! | – 他闯入了我们国家 – 老妈 |
[34:03] | And her sister, I don’t want to use the “S” word, but “slut.” | 还有她姐姐? 我不想暴粗口 荡妇 啊 我说出来了 |
[34:06] | No wonder she got knocked-up in the second grade. | 怪不得她高中二年级就怀孕了 |
[34:09] | The Golden Girls marathon is on! | “金色女孩”马拉松赛开始了! |
[34:12] | And I don’t even know what that is. | 对那东西我简直无语了 |
[34:15] | – “That?” – He’s just so… swishy! | “那东西?” 他太娘娘腔了 |
[34:18] | The mother doesn’t say anything. It makes me sick. | 他老妈居然不闻不问 真让人恶心 |
[34:21] | – OK, shut your mouth, Mom! – What did you say to me? | 够了 闭嘴 妈! |
[34:24] | You don’t get to talk about these people like that. | 你刚对我说什么? 你不能用这样的语气谈论他们 |
[34:27] | They did a really nice thing for me tonight. | 他们今晚帮了我大忙 |
[34:29] | And that little boy… | 还有那个小男孩 |
[34:34] | “Swishy?” Swishy! | 娘娘腔? 娘娘腔? |
[34:38] | You want to talk about “swishy.” | 你想聊聊关于娘娘腔吗? |
[34:42] | Open your eyes, Mom, and look at your own swishy son. | 睁大你的眼睛 妈妈 看看你自己的娘娘腔儿子 |
[34:48] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[34:51] | I gotta get to the hotel. | -不 -我想回酒店 |
[34:53] | No. You don’t get to go. Because I may never be this brave again. | 不 不 你不能去酒店 我可能再也鼓不起勇气对你说这些了 妈 |
[34:57] | – Mom. I love you, but… – Do not say it. | – 我…我…我爱你 但… – 不要说出来 |
[35:02] | – I am what you think I am. – You’re confused! | 我就是您想的那样 你只是有点混乱 |
[35:05] | No, no. For once I’m not. | 不 不 曾经有点 但现在不 |
[35:08] | If you want to get to know me… | 如果您想要了解我 |
[35:12] | …it has to be the real me. | 那就要了解真实的我 |
[35:14] | The real you, huh? | 真实的你? |
[35:20] | Well, if this is the life you’ve chosen… | 好吧 如果这就是你选择的生活 |
[35:29] | I have no interest in knowing the real you. | 我没有兴趣去了解真实的你 |
[35:34] | Thank these people for a lovely evening. | 谢谢这些人带给我这么美好的夜晚 |
[35:45] | Come on, we’re almost there. Come on, Betty! Hurry up! | 加油 我们就快到了 加油 贝蒂 快点 |
[35:52] | Son of a bitch! | 真闹心 |
[35:56] | I think I’m having a heart attack! | 我想我的心脏快受不了了 |
[35:59] | – Seriously? – No, I’m just being melodramatic! | 真的吗? 不 我说得夸张了点 |
[36:02] | Hey, Daniel! | 丹尼尔 |
[36:05] | Hey, Betty! | 贝蒂 |
[36:06] | Run, Daniel! | 快跑 丹尼尔! |
[36:09] | What happened to sharing? What about doing it for Mom? | 你忘记分享的事情了吗? 还有为了老妈呢? |
[36:12] | – Plans change. – I’m not a kid anymore. | 计划有变 我再也不是小孩子了 |
[36:15] | Yeah, but I’m still gonna win! | 是啊 |
[36:51] | Yes! | 但我还是会赢 |
[37:05] | Hey, I got your text. What happened? | 我收到了你的消息 发生什么了? |
[37:08] | Is this a celebration drink? Are you buying? Can I have a banana daiquiri? | 这是在庆祝吗? 你来买单吗 我能来杯香蕉味的台克利酒吗 |
[37:12] | Can we get a banana daiquiri for the lady and another scotch, please? | 给女士来杯台克利酒 再给我来杯苏格兰威士忌 |
[37:17] | It’s a funny story. | 故事很有趣 |
[37:20] | Alex won. | 亚历克斯赢了 |
[37:23] | She couldn’t have gotten there much earlier. | 她不可能比你到的更早的 |
[37:25] | – We can tell the printer to stop. – Don’t you get it? | 来吧 我们走 我们能阻止印刷的 不 贝蒂 你还不明白吗 |
[37:28] | If it’s not this, it’s gonna be something else. | 没有这件事 还会有别的什么事 |
[37:31] | Alex is faster than me, he’ll always be faster than me. | 亚历克斯总是比我快 他永远都会比我快 |
[37:34] | So we’re giving up? | 所以我们就这样放弃? |
[37:36] | My whole family has always thought I’ve been a big screw-up | 听着 |
[37:39] | when it comes to this job. I’m just trying not to disappoint them. | 每当谈到我的工作 他们总觉得我会把它搞砸 |
[37:45] | Oh, almost forgot. | 我只是在努力的不让他们失望 差点忘了 |
[37:47] | Advance copy, the printer was nice enough to give it to me. | 试印刊 印刷的能把这个给我已经够好了 |
[37:51] | – She put herself on the cover! – She always knows how to get at my Dad. | 她用自己作封面? 她总是知道该如何取悦我老爸 |
[37:55] | You should read the Letter from the Editor. It puts mine to shame. | 你该看看她写的编者按 它让我的那份自惭形秽 |
[37:59] | Actually, I don’t need this anymore. | 实际上 我不再需要这篇了 |
[38:04] | – I’m sorry. – Don’t be! | 我很抱歉 没必要 |
[38:07] | Betty, I’m finally free. I’ve wasted all that time behind the desk. | 贝蒂 我终于自由了 我在那浪费了大把的青春 |
[38:10] | If Alex wants to take over, then let him. | 如果亚历克斯想要掌权 就让他去掌喽 |
[38:13] | I’ve got lots of partying to catch up on. | 我还要很多场派对要赶呢 |
[38:45] | Working late? | 工作到现在? |
[38:49] | A lot to catch up on. | 很多事情要做 |
[38:51] | Bradford, I’m so sorry about Claire. | 布拉德福 关于克莱尔的事 我很抱歉 |
[38:54] | I know how hard it must be to come home to an empty house. | 我能体会回到一间空荡荡的屋子的滋味 |
[38:59] | How about a… | 来点宵夜 |
[39:01] | …little dinner and some company? | 来点陪伴 如何? |
[39:12] | You’re still here. | 你还在这? |
[39:14] | I’m sorry I ran out earlier. How did it go? | 对不起我提前跑了出去 事情进展的如何? |
[39:22] | Things got a little messy after you left. | 你走后 |
[39:25] | I was outed to my mother. | 事情就变得一团糟 我妈知道我的事了 |
[39:29] | What? | 什么? |
[39:31] | Who was it? My father? | 谁说的? |
[39:32] | No, no, it wasn’t him. | 我老爸? 不 不是他 |
[39:37] | It was me. | 是我 |
[39:40] | – Wow. – Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:43] | She left. | 她走了 |
[39:49] | You know what, Marc? | 你知道吗? 马克 |
[39:52] | I learned something about family tonight. | 我今晚体会到了些关于家庭的真谛 |
[39:57] | They’re not always the ones who love you the most. | 他们并不总是最爱你的人… |
[40:02] | Sometimes it’s the family that you make for yourself. | 有时候你自己组建的家庭才是 |
[40:07] | OK, OK. | 好了好了 |
[40:10] | Getting a little too Lifetime Original Movie for me. | 这对于我来说有些太”真实”了 |
[40:15] | But I get it. | 但我明白了 |
[40:18] | If she doesn’t want to be a part of my life, then… it’s her loss. | 她不想成为我生活的一部分 那是她的损失 |
[40:25] | Because I’m freaking fabulous. | 因为我是那么优秀的可人儿 |
[40:29] | Yes, you are. | 的确是的 |
[40:31] | And just so you know, | 你知道吗 |
[40:33] | you’ll always be my little chimichanga. | 你会永远是我的墨西哥小卷饼 |
[40:39] | It doesn’t mean I like you. | 但并不代表我喜欢你 |
[40:53] | The great return of Alexis Mead | “亚历克西斯·米德的光荣回归 |
[40:55] | is a story that’s been played-out enough in the media, | 成为所有媒体津津乐道的故事” |
[40:58] | so I won’t go into all the details here. | “所以细节问题我就不多赘述” |
[41:00] | But I will admit that I didn’t welcome my brother back at first. | “但我承认一开始我并不欢迎老哥的归来” |
[41:05] | Partly because I wasn’t used to seeing him in a satin pump. | “部分是由于我不习惯这个穿着绸缎高跟鞋的他” |
[41:08] | Mostly, because when he went away, | “但主要是因为他的离开伤透了我的心” |
[41:12] | he broke my heart. So I was mad. | “所以我很气愤” |
[41:16] | But when I looked past my anger, and his makeup, | “但当我怒气消失并且不再介意他的装扮” |
[41:19] | I realized I was happy to have him back. | “我意识到 其实很高兴他能回来” |
[41:24] | I missed him so much. | “我好想他” |
[41:26] | I should start saying “her.” I missed her so much. | “我该说她” “我好想她” |
[41:29] | She’s family, and it’s family that will keep this magazine going | “她是我们家的一分子” “而正是家庭的缘故让这家杂志生生不息” |
[41:33] | in the face of our personal crisis. | “当个人面临危机时” |
[41:36] | It’s family that gets you through everything. | “正是家人帮助你渡过难关” |
[41:41] | So welcome back, Alexis. | “所以…欢迎回家 亚历克西斯” |
[41:45] | Thanks to you, I’m no longer alone. | “谢谢 因为你我不再寂寞…” |