时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | genuine prada. | 真品Prada |
[00:01] | Oh, my god. $2 a pair in chinatown. Can you believe ? | 天啊 你相信吗 在唐人街一副才卖两块钱 |
[00:06] | – Hilda, that says “plada.” – What? | – Hilda 这是”Plada” – 啥? |
[00:11] | Well, my customers won’t know the difference. | 反正我的客户也看不出区别 |
[00:13] | And since I’m turning my salon into a salon/boutique, I gotta sell something. | 既然我要把我的美发店转型成 美发兼流行服饰店 我就得卖点啥 |
[00:20] | You know, I thought that two ople living together was supposed@(o be cheaper than one person, | 我本以为 两个人一起住 会比一个人住省钱 |
[00:25] | but how come ever since amanda’s moved in, I’m paying twice as much? | 但是为何Amanda搬进来后 我的花销是以前的两倍啊? |
[00:29] | So don’t let her eat your stuff. Put your name on it. | 那就别让她吃你的东西 贴个条 |
[00:31] | BETTY’S!….. | BETTY的! 不许喝… |
[00:35] | I feel like do il I s work. I can barely pay my rent. | 我感觉一天到晚忙得要死 赚的钱连房租都差点不够付 |
[00:38] | Which is due tomorrow. I almost forgot. | 明天就要交了 我差点忘了 |
[00:41] | Is juice moocher pitching in? | 揩油专家室友给钱了吗? |
[00:43] | Well, I’ve been dropping hints all week. | 我都暗示她一个礼拜了 |
[00:45] | – Yeah? Have you tried, “where’s my rent, bitch?” – No. | – 是吗? 有没有试过 “贱人 房租呢?” – 没有 |
[00:50] | Look, amanda has been through some really tough times lately. | Amanda最近真的状况不佳 |
[00:54] | She made some bad decisions, yes, and she got herself into a lot of debt, | 她做了一些糟糕的决定 把自己陷入重重负债 |
[00:59] | but I really do think, like, she’s trying to turn her life around. | 但我真的认为 她正努力改变自己的生活 |
[01:05] | You will not believe how much money I saved today. | 你肯定想不到我今天省了多少钱 |
[01:11] | Huge sale. | 大甩卖 |
[01:12] | I had to get up crazy early to beat the crowds. That’s a lie. | 我起了个大早去抢购 那是不可能的 |
[01:15] | I was actually out clubbing, and I figured, what the hell? I’ll just stay up all night. | 其实是我刚好从酒吧出来 后来一想 管他三七二十一 通宵又怎样 |
[01:18] | It was totally worth it. | 真够值的 |
[01:21] | Um, amanda, buying stuff on sale– that’s not exactly saving money. | Amanda 买大甩卖的东西不算省钱 |
[01:27] | – Isn’t it? – No. | – 不算吗? – 不算 |
[01:30] | – Isn’t it? – No, it isn’T. | – 真的不算? – 真的不算 |
[01:33] | And if you don’t mind me asking, um, how did you pay for all of this? | 如果你不介意我问问 这些东西你拿什么付的钱啊? |
[01:37] | Well, I’ve been saving so much money since I moved in with you | 自从搬进来以后 我省了不少钱 |
[01:40] | that I actually paid off one credit card. | 所以我就还清了一张信用卡 |
[01:42] | So I figured I might as well just treat myself and splurge a little. | 所以我决定好好犒赏自己 小小地挥霍一番 |
[01:46] | – where’s the rent, bitch? – okay. | – 快点 “贱人 房租呢?” – 好啦 |
[01:50] | – amanda– – I gotta go. | – 我得走了 |
[01:51] | And, betty, do not worry. | Betty 别担心 |
[01:54] | I’m gonna catch up on my sleepat work, per yooz. | 我会在上班的时候把觉补回来的 保重 |
[01:58] | – Bye. – But– | – 再见 – 但是– |
[02:02] | amanda! Amanda. | |
[02:04] | Look, the rent is due tomorrow, and I need your half. | 明天就要交房租 我需要你负担一半 |
[02:07] | Okay, and I would love to give it to you–I would– but I’m a little bithort. | 好的 我很想给你- 我会的 但是我手头有点紧 |
[02:10] | Well, then why don’t you just return all that stuff you bought? | 那你干嘛不把你买的东西退了? |
[02:12] | Yeah, the thing is there’s no return on sale items. | 大甩卖的东西是不能退的 |
[02:15] | Could you just cover me this month? You know I’m good for it. | 这个月你先帮我垫上行不? 你知道这方面我一向很好 |
[02:17] | Amanda, you are not good for it. | Amanda 好才怪了 |
[02:19] | Look, it’s bad enough I have to go all the way downtown and pay that creepy, gross landlord | 我大老远跑到市中心区去给 奇怪恶心的房东交房租 已经够糟了 |
[02:24] | who’s weird and leers at me, but if I have to give him your half, | 而且他还对我不怀好意 如果我还要给他你那一半 |
[02:29] | then I’m gonna be completely wiped out. | 那我就彻底完了 |
[02:31] | Look… | 听着… |
[02:33] | if you want to keep living with me, then you’re gonna have to chip something in. | 如果你想继续跟我住 你就必须出点钱 |
[02:38] | I totally get it. | 我全都明白 |
[02:41] | Could you spot me a subway ride? | 帮我买张地铁票好吗? |
[02:45] | what’s he doing now? | 他现在在干嘛? |
[02:46] | Talking to some intern, the one that you made cry. | 跟一个实习生交谈 就是你弄哭那个 |
[02:50] | Well, I can’t hide in here all day. | 我不能整天躲在这里 |
[02:52] | How much longer is he gonna sta there? | 他要在那里待多久? |
[02:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:55] | What is he saying? | 他在说啥? |
[02:57] | They’re too far away. | 离太远了 |
[02:58] | Well, read their lips. | 那就看嘴型 |
[03:00] | Hang on. | 等会儿 |
[03:03] | okay, they’re laughing. | 好了 他们在笑 |
[03:07] | Laughing at me, I know it. | 我就知道 他们在笑我 |
[03:10] | He’s telling her how that remarkably well-preserved editor-in-chief tried to get him in the sack. | 他在跟她说 众人的焦点 保养有方的 美女总监是怎样想勾引他上床的 |
[03:15] | God, marc. I feel like such a fool. | 天啊 Marc 我怎么跟个傻子似的 |
[03:18] | Willie, wouldn’t it be easier if you just talked to him? | Willie 你直接跟他说不是更简单吗? |
[03:20] | Wait! Wait! He’s on the move. Now’s your chance. | 等等 他要走了 你的机会来了 |
[03:23] | Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go go. | 快 快 快… |
[03:30] | – Hi, wilhelmina. – shut up! | – 嗨 Wilhelmina – 闭嘴! |
[03:36] | Wait. He’s coming back. Abort. Abort! Repeat–abort! | 等等 他又回来了 停下 停下 重复一遍 停下! |
[03:41] | For god sakes, willie, get out of there. | 老天啊 Willie 快离开那儿 |
[03:46] | Wilhelmina, morning. | Wilhelmina 早啊 |
[03:48] | top o’ the morning to ya. | 早呀么早上好啊 |
[03:53] | Top o’ the morning to ya? | 早呀么早上好啊? |
[03:54] | I actually said “top o’ the morning” to the man, marc. | 我竟然对他说”早呀么早” Marc |
[03:57] | Oh, don’t blame yourself. | 别自责了 |
[03:58] | You should hear some of the things that come out of my mouth when I’m around him. | 你真该听厅我碰到他时都说了些啥 |
[04:02] | And why do I even care what he thinks? He’s just a man… | 我为啥要在意他怎么想? 他只不过是个… |
[04:06] | a man with the most ruthlessly sharp business mind I’ve ever seen, | 拥有我见过的最厉害的 拥有商业头脑的男人罢了 |
[04:10] | impeccable fashion sense… | 还有无可挑剔的时尚感觉… |
[04:11] | tantalizingly large hands. | 令人着迷的大手 |
[04:14] | Excuse me. Wilhelmina? | 不好意思 Wilhelmina? |
[04:17] | Oh, dear god. Is it–is it time? Marc. | 哦 天啊 要要生了吗? Marc |
[04:19] | – It’s not in my calendar. – Oh, relax. It’s just the baby kicking. | – 我可没算过这个 – 哦 没事 只是孩子踢我了 |
[04:23] | I’m not due for another couple of months. | 还有好几个月呢 |
[04:26] | That’s a relief. | 那就好 |
[04:28] | So, uh, why are you here? | 那你来这干嘛? |
[04:31] | I got my 7-month checkup this afternoon. | 今天下午要做第7个月的检查 |
[04:33] | I just wondered if you might want to make a surprise appearance. | 我猜你也许要去 做出一番惊喜的样子 |
[04:36] | Christina, I’ve got a lot on my mind at the moment. | Christina 我脑子里 现在有很多事情要想 |
[04:38] | And one of the reasons I hired you as my surrogate was for the fierce independence of the scottish people. | 我雇你做我的代孕的原因之一 就是苏格兰人强烈的独立性格 |
[04:44] | Your entire country would be insulted if I held your han at the doctor’s office. | 如果我挽着你的手出现在医院 那简直是对你们民族的侮辱 |
[04:48] | – You’re our braveheart. – Our brave uterus. | – 你是我们的勇敢之心 – 我们勇敢的子宫 |
[04:51] | Wilhelmina, one thing I wanted to mention… | Wilhelmina 有件事我要提一下… |
[04:56] | Is this a good time? | 现在合适吗? |
[04:58] | Connor, it’s always a good time to discuss, uh, business– | Connor 什么时候都合适– 谈论工作 |
[05:02] | um, “mode” business, meade business, suit business– | <时尚>的工作 Meade的工作 西装的工作– |
[05:08] | I have a marketing presentation this afternoon at ralph lauren. | 今天下午我要去Ralph Lauren 做一个市场报告 |
[05:11] | It’d be great if we cod do it together. | 如果我们能一起做就太好了 |
[05:13] | darn it all. I have an important appointment… | 真该死 我有个很重要的预约… |
[05:16] | With my surrogate that I have to attend. | 要和我的代孕人一起去 |
[05:20] | Oh, well, that’s obviously much more important. | 哦 那显然重要得多 |
[05:22] | I’ll fill you in when I get back. | 我回来再找你 |
[05:24] | well, you know whe to find me… mate. | 你知道在哪里能找我… 同事 |
[05:35] | good morning, daniel. | 早上好 Daniel |
[05:37] | I just want to remind you that there’s only a week left till my young editors’ training begins. | 我想提醒你 还有一周时间 我的青年编辑培训计划就要开始了 |
[05:42] | Betty, how could I forget? | Betty 我怎么可能忘记? |
[05:46] | Oh, well, I want you to know that my being a part of Y.E.T.I. | 我想让你知道 我去参加Y.E.T.I. |
[05:50] | Will not interrupt my work here at all. | 不会影响我在这儿的工作 |
[05:53] | In fact, I am available for any possible overtime. | 事实上 我随时可以加班 |
[05:57] | Okay, well… | 没问题… |
[05:59] | I have some good news and some bad news. | 我有好消息和坏消息 |
[06:01] | The bad news is we’re eliminating overtime. Budget cuts. | 坏消息是我们现在限制加班 预算节流 |
[06:05] | What? Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 啥? 哦 不不不不不 |
[06:07] | Daniel, I need my overtime. | Daniel 我需要加班 |
[06:08] | The good news is we’re looking for pitches for modeny. Com. | 好消息是我们要为 modeny.com选稿 |
[06:12] | Pitches? As in, like, articles? | 选稿? 就像写文章一样? |
[06:16] | Yep. We’re expanding our digital footprint. We’re gonna need lots of new content. | 是的 我们要开拓网络市场 我们需要很多新东西 |
[06:20] | You’re creative. You’d be perfect. | 你很有创新能力 你会做得很棒 |
[06:21] | Yes! Yes, I would. I would be perfect. | 是的! 我会的 我会做到最棒 |
[06:24] | I mean, the pay is not that great. Standard freelance fee. | 酬劳不是很高 标准自由撰稿人的酬劳 |
[06:26] | Yeah. Whatevererwhatev. Fine. It’s fine. I’m fine with that. | 没关系 没关系 我不介意 |
[06:29] | Knock knock. Am I interrupting? | 敲敲门 打扰了吗? |
[06:32] | No, we were just finishing up here. | 没有 我们正好说完了 |
[06:35] | I’m molly. | 我是Molly |
[06:37] | Oh, hi. You must be connor’s fianc镋. 哦 嗨 你就是Connor的未婚妻吧 | |
[06:39] | This is, uh, betty, my assistant. | 这位是Betty 我的助理 |
[06:41] | So we have that pitch meeting at 3:00. You better get crackin’. We’ll see ya. | 关于选稿的事情 我们3点开会 你好好准备吧 待会儿见 |
[06:45] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[06:50] | What’s up? | 有什么事吗? |
[06:51] | I’m having lunch with connor today, | 我今天要和Connor共进午餐 |
[06:52] | and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to hit up all the rich jerks he works with. | 我想 可以借此机会和那些 与他共事的有钱笨蛋们打交道 |
[06:57] | That didn’t come out right. | 这话怎么这么别扭啊 |
[06:59] | Since I work at a public school, we’re always short of funds, so every year, | 我教书的地方是公立学校 总是资金短缺 所以每年… |
[07:03] | I host a charity auction to raise money for school programs. | …我都会为学校 搞一个慈善捐款活动 |
[07:06] | And you thought you’d hit up connor’s rich jerk friends for donations? | 你觉得 你可以找Connor 有钱的笨蛋同事们捐款? |
[07:10] | It’s a column “a,” column “b” thing. | “笨蛋”和”有钱”形容的是 两种不同的人 |
[07:12] | You’re not a jerk, but you are rich, so you qualify. | 你不是笨蛋 但你很有钱 所以你在邀请之列 |
[07:17] | I would love to help. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[07:18] | That’s awesome. Anyhow, it’s tonight, and connor can’t make it– work as usual– | 太好了 时间定在今晚 Connor还是没法来- 他要忙工作 |
[07:22] | so I was hoping you could step in. | 所以我希望你能来 |
[07:26] | Y-you want me to go? | 你要我去现场? |
[07:28] | Well, yeah. | 嗯 是的 |
[07:30] | I just thought–you were so great with my kids at school, | 我以为 你那天在学校里 和孩子们玩得很开心 |
[07:32] | I thought– I thought you’d have fun. Unless… | 我以为… 我以为 你会很开心 除非… |
[07:36] | you don’t want to go. | 你不想去 |
[07:37] | – No, no, no. I was just, uh, I– – I know.It’s late notice. | – 不 不 不 我只是… 呃… – 我知道时间太仓促了 |
[07:39] | – I just thought, we’d gotten to be friends– – no, I’d love to. | – 我以为我们已经是朋友了 – 不 我很乐意去 |
[07:42] | Okay.I’ll see you tonight | 好 那我们今晚见 |
[07:46] | – great. – Okay. | – 没问题 – 好 |
[07:55] | Hello, dear. | 你好啊 亲爱的 |
[08:07] | There he goes again. | 他又踢我了 |
[08:08] | Little bugger’s a bloody acrobat. | 这小家伙是个杂技演员 |
[08:11] | Though sometimes I think I would rather keep him in there than let wilhelmina look after him. | 有时候我宁愿他永远呆在我肚子里 总好过让Wilhelmina照顾他 |
[08:15] | You should have seen her this morning. I swear she is going daft. | 我该看看她今天早上的模样 我发誓她脑子进水了 |
[08:19] | I bet. | 我猜也是 |
[08:20] | Oh, look. Is that those little crackers? | 哦 瞧啊 这是薄脆饼干吗? |
[08:22] | I love these, the little sesame ones. | 我爱死上面的小芝麻了 |
[08:29] | – Do you mind? – No. Sure. | – 你不介意吧? – 不 当然不介意 |
[08:32] | I haven’t eaten since yesterday, but whatever. | 我从昨天起就没吃过东西 不过算了吧 |
[08:35] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[08:37] | Money’s gotten really tight. | 手头紧得很 |
[08:38] | I wa ted youhat that place was too expensive, didn’t I? | 我早就警告过你 那地方太贵了 没错吧? |
[08:40] | You just said you’d have to eat ramen. | 你却说你只吃泡面就行了 |
[08:42] | Which would have worked if amanda wasn’t eating all my ramen. | 要不是Amenda吃光了我的泡面 我的办法一定能行 |
[08:46] | And she denies it. | 她还矢口否认 |
[08:47] | She says there’s an old, crazy man who lives inside my walls and comes out at night to eat my food. | 她说是一个住在我屋里的老疯子 晚上跑出来 偷吃了我的食物 |
[08:52] | She calls him “bad ronald.” | 她叫他”坏朗诺” (<坏朗诺>中因为一宗意外躲藏在地下室 为了维生偷吃房子主人的东西的主角) |
[08:53] | I’ve seen your apartment. She might be right. | 我见识过你的住处 她也许是对的 |
[08:56] | I don’t know, christina. | 我不知道 Christina |
[08:58] | Moving into that building was a dream. | 能搬进那栋公寓 本该是美梦成真的事 |
[09:02] | my first apartment in manhattan. | 我在曼哈顿的第一栋公寓 |
[09:04] | Well, stop fretting. Live your dream. Go have a bit of fun. Enjoy yourself. | 那就别发愁了 实现你的梦 开心点 享受乐趣吧 |
[09:09] | I would love to, but fun costs money. | 我也想啊 可是乐趣要花钱啊 |
[09:11] | It doesn’t have to. | 这可不一定 |
[09:12] | See, when I first came to new york, I didn’t have two dimes to rub together. | 你瞧 我刚来纽约时 也是穷得丁当响 |
[09:16] | But I didn’t care. | 但我不在乎 |
[09:17] | There I was–young, free, living in the most exciting city in the world. | 那时的我– 年轻 自由 生活在 全世界最激动人心的城市 |
[09:21] | Oh, I had a grand old time, eh, and it usually didn’t cost me a cent. | 哦 那段时光真是妙不可言 而且用不着花我一分钱 |
[09:27] | We really want modeny. Com to be different. | 我们希望modeny.com能与众不同 |
[09:30] | We’re looking for ideas that are edgy, ahead of the curve– “mode” magazine for the digital age. | 我们要的是 新颖 前卫的点子 –数字时代的”时尚”杂志 |
[09:35] | Now the sky is the limit, which is why I opened up this meeting to the entire staff. | 因为没有任何限制 所以 我召集了所有员工来参加会议 |
[09:40] | And betty has something. | 看来Betty有话要说 |
[09:42] | Thank you, daniel. | 谢谢你 Daniel |
[09:43] | As we all know, living in manhattan can be expensive. | 众所周知 住在曼哈顿 的代价十分昂贵 |
[09:46] | Really? I hadn’t noticed. | 真的吗? 我怎么没注意到 |
[09:48] | There’s no need to bsarcastic, wilhelmina. | 你没必要讽刺别人 Wilhelmina |
[09:50] | No, I honestly never noticed. | 不 我确实从没意识到 |
[09:53] | Well, it is, for most of us, so I’ve come up with a super fun list of things to do in new york for no money. | 很贵 对我们大多数人来说 所以 我列了一张免费享受纽约乐趣的清单 |
[09:59] | I’m calling it “a day in manhattan on zero dollars.” | 我给它命名为 “在曼哈顿零消费的一天” |
[10:02] | Well, that sounds promising. What have you come up with? | 听起来很不错 你列了哪些项目? |
[10:04] | Well, most museums have one day a week where you can go for free, | 许多博物馆在每周 都有一天供人免费参观 |
[10:08] | but the national american indian museum is free every day. | 但美洲印第安人国家博物馆 每天都免费开放 |
[10:13] | Its culturally sensitive and thought-provoking exhibits include pottery, basketry… | 那里有许多具有文化底蕴 发人深思的展览 比如陶器 竹编… |
[10:23] | I thought your pitch was how to have fun in the city, not put yourself into a coma. | 我以为你要说的是 如何享受乐趣 而不是把自己弄昏迷 |
[10:27] | it is a little dry, betty. | 是有点枯燥 Betty |
[10:29] | Oh, uh, right. | 哦 嗯 那好 |
[10:31] | Okay, uh, well, you can, um, uh, feed the squirrels in madison square park. | 好吧 嗯 你可以 嗯 在麦迪逊广场公园喂松鼠 |
[10:36] | Or you could feed my brain a bullet. | 或者你可以喂我的头一颗子弹 |
[10:42] | okay, well, maybe marc and amanda have better ideas. | 那好吧 也许 Marc和Amenda有更好的主意 |
[10:46] | Uh, for free? Um, let’s see. | 嗯 不花钱的? 嗯 让我想想 |
[10:49] | Oh, I crashed the red carpet at that tom cruise movie. he is super short. | 哦 我混进了汤姆克鲁斯 的电影首映会 他本人可矮了 |
[10:52] | but the food at the after party was beyond. | 但首映结束后的 派对食物太物超所值了 |
[10:55] | But the average “mode” reader doesn’t really have access to tom cruise. | 但普通的<时尚>读者 不可能和Tom Cruise扯上关系 |
[10:58] | Oh, no. You would be surprised what you can get away with. | 哦 的确 但你会惊讶于 你可以免费拿多少好东西 |
[11:00] | Like what? | 比如什么? |
[11:01] | Like I haven’t paid for a drink or a meal in years. | 比如我好几年没为 饮料和食物买过单了 |
[11:04] | I have a bar tab of, like, 10 grand. | 我在酒吧享受了 一万美元的免费饮料 |
[11:07] | Now that’s an article for our web site. | 这才是我们网站需要的文章 |
[11:09] | I love it. “How I blew 10 grand without actually spending a dime.” | 我喜欢 “如何不花一分钱 享受一万美元” |
[11:13] | Congratulations. You and amanda just sold the first article to modeny.Com. | 恭喜你们 你和Amenda已经向 modeny.com卖出了第一篇文章 |
[11:19] | My first sale at “mode.” That was easy. | 我的第一篇<时尚>文章 挺简单的 |
[11:37] | Ugly Betty Season03 Episode10 | |
[11:40] | You’re not gonna believe this.So we have this huge pitch meeting today, | 你绝对想不到 我们今天开了个选稿会 |
[11:43] | and they want to use one of my ideas for an article. | 他们打算采纳我的主意 作一篇文章 |
[11:45] | oh, my god! Papi, pick up the phone! | 哦 我的天啊! 爸爸 快把电话拿起来! |
[11:47] | – Betty sold a story! – No. No. Sort of. | – Betty卖出了一篇故事! – 不 不 只是一部分 |
[11:49] | You see, I had this really great idea– | 你瞧 我想了个绝妙的主意… |
[11:50] | you sold a story?Amazing. | 你卖出了一篇故事? 太棒了 |
[11:53] | W-w-what is it about? | 是… 是关于什么的? |
[11:54] | Well, it was supposed to be about how to have fun in new york without spending any money. | 是关于如何在纽约享受乐趣 却不花一分钱 |
[11:58] | Well, you got that “no money” part down. | 你的”不花钱”的主意被采纳了 |
[12:00] | Yeah, but the problem is that amanda glomped on, | 是的 可问题是 偏偏Amenda插了一杠 |
[12:03] | and now she’s got these crazy ideas about crashing tom cruise’s premiere. | 她冒了一堆疯主意 比如怎么在 汤姆克鲁斯的首映礼骗吃骗喝 |
[12:07] | You’re meeting tomkat? You have to get me in. | 你们要去见汤姆和凯蒂(夫妇)? 你一定要带上我 |
[12:09] | No, justin. I’m not meeting tomkat. | 不 Justin 我不是去见汤姆和凯蒂 |
[12:11] | Look, the point is, amanda wants to turn my idea into some wild, crazy night on the town, | 瞧 问题是 Amenda想把我的主意 变成一场疯狂 放荡的城市夜生活 |
[12:16] | spending thousands of dollars of other people’s money. | 揩别人几千美元的油水 |
[12:19] | And that’s a problem? | 这也算问题? |
[12:20] | Well, yes. “A,” it’s not my idea, and “b,” she’s just being a mooch again. | 当然 首先 这不是我的本意 其次 她又占别人便宜 |
[12:25] | – sounds like it might be fun. – yeah. | – 听起来倒是很有趣 – 没错 |
[12:27] | Aunt betty, you gotta go for it. | Betty阿姨 你该去见识一下 |
[12:29] | Okay, let’s grip it and rip it. | 好了 我们出动吧 |
[12:31] | I gotta go. | 我先挂了 |
[12:33] | look, if we are going to do this, then there need to be some ground rules. | 瞧 如果我们真要那么做 必须定几条基本原则 |
[12:37] | One–nothing illegal, two–we can only do things that normal “mode” readers can do. | 一 不违法 二 我们只做普通 <时尚>读者能力范围内的事 |
[12:43] | Got it. No crimes. Real peeps. | 了解 奉公守法 做普通人 |
[12:46] | Saddle up. | 开动 |
[12:52] | Hello, daniel. | 你好啊 Daniel |
[12:55] | Hey, which one of these brings out my eyes? | 嘿 哪条更称我眼睛的颜色? |
[12:58] | Oh, big plan | 哦 有重要约会吗 |
[13:00] | oh, no.I’m just helping molly out with some charity thing. | 哦 不是 我只是帮Molly 搞些慈善活动 |
[13:04] | Molly. Shouldn’t connor be doing that? | Molly 不是应该Connor来做吗? |
[13:07] | Oh, he’s busy. It’s no big deal. | 他很忙 这也没什么大不了 |
[13:09] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[13:11] | A lot of other people she could have invited instead of you. | 她又不是一定得请你 还有好多别人可以请啊 |
[13:14] | – I think she likes you. – No. | – 我想她喜欢你 – 不可能 |
[13:20] | Really? | 是吗? |
[13:22] | And if I know my son, it’s pretty obvious that you like her, too. | 如果我算是了解我的儿子 很明显就知道你也喜欢她 |
[13:28] | Well, I m–there is something about her that’s– | 哦 她有些东西– |
[13:32] | What the hell, mom? | 这是干嘛 妈妈? |
[13:34] | She’s engaged, daniel, and not just to any man, | 她已经订婚了 Daniel 对象不是别人 |
[13:37] | your friend and a senior financial officer at this company. | 而是你的朋友 这个公司的高级财务主管 |
[13:41] | There is nothing going on between molly and me. | 我跟Molly之间什么也没发生过 |
[13:43] | Stop that. | 别打了 |
[13:44] | I am not blind, daniel, or stupid. | 我又不是瞎子 Daniel 我也不傻 |
[13:50] | I… | 我… |
[13:52] | know a thing or two out infidelity. | 知道外遇是怎么回事 |
[13:55] | Don’t go down that road. | 别走错路 |
[13:59] | okay, this is a fund-raiser, not a date. | 好吧 这不过是场募捐会 不是约会 |
[14:02] | There’s gonna be a lot of other people around, mom. | 那里会有很多其他人在 妈妈 |
[14:04] | And she’ll look stunning, and the booze will be flowing, | 她会看起来很迷人 然后酒劲就上来了 |
[14:06] | and given your weakness for having sex in public places… | 再加上你的特点 就是在公共场合做爱… |
[14:10] | that was only once, and it wasn’t a public place, mom… | 就那一次 而且那不是在公共场合 妈妈… |
[14:14] | until they moved the truck. | 直到他们把卡车开走 |
[14:15] | Darling, I’m trying to save you from a world of heartache. | 亲爱的 我正在试图把你 从一个伤心的世界里拯救出来 |
[14:20] | A nothing moment can turn into something huge. | 一件无关紧要的事 可以瞬间变成惊人的事 |
[14:23] | Just–just stay away. | 你就- 就- 离她远点 |
[14:26] | Write her a big check. | 给她写一张数目可观的支票 |
[14:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:48] | Oh, loe at thsize of the feet on that. | 哦 看这上面写的脚的尺寸 |
[14:50] | Hey, no wonder it feels like there’s a rugby match going on down there. Look. | 难怪我老觉得肚子里 象是在打橄榄球赛 瞧 |
[14:53] | Oh, yes, yes. I saw it inside. | 哦 是啊 是啊 我在里面看到啦 |
[14:55] | You didn’t even look. | 你一眼都没看 |
[14:56] | I can’t believe you don’t want to know if it’s a girl or a boy. | 我真不敢相信你竟然 不想知道是女孩还是男孩 |
[14:59] | Call me old-fashioned. I want to be surprised. | 算我老套吧 我想把悬念留到最后 |
[15:01] | yes? | 喂? |
[15:03] | The thunder from down under keeps asking when you’ll be back. | “澳洲惊雷”一直在问 你什么时候回来 |
[15:05] | What shouli tell him? | 我应该怎么跟他说? |
[15:06] | Uh, I don’t care, marc. | 随便你 Marc |
[15:07] | Tell him I’m tied up at the doctor’s, tell him I got hit by a cab, | 告诉他我被困在医生这里 跟他说我被出租车撞了 |
[15:11] | just tell me when he goes home. | 他走的时候通知我 |
[15:16] | – what was all that about? – Nothing. | – 你刚才在说什么? – 没什么 |
[15:19] | You know, I was thinking, y rush back to the office? | 我在想 为什么我们要 这么着急赶回公司呢? |
[15:23] | We should talk. Let’s, um, grab a drink. | 我们需要谈谈 我们 嗯 去喝一杯 |
[15:26] | I’m seven months pregnant with your child. | 我正怀着你的7个月大的孩子 |
[15:29] | We, you can watch. I’ll drink for all three of us. Come on. | 你可以看着 我来把三个人的都喝了 来吧 |
[15:39] | what was that moisturizer again? | 那个增加水分的是什么来着? |
[15:41] | Kanebo sensai. Isn’t it heaven? | Kanebo Sensai 是不是很棒? |
[15:43] | I’m on the fence. Can I get a few samples? | 让我想想 我能要一些试用品吗? |
[15:46] | Of course. | 当然 |
[15:46] | And the guerlain lipstick, too. And the H. Coutu. | 还有Guerlain唇膏 以及H. Coutu |
[15:50] | – How are we doing? – Almost $800. | – 怎么样了? – 将近800美金 |
[15:52] | It’s a start. | 这才刚开始呢 |
[15:54] | Amanda, I know we’re not supposedo be spending any money, | Amanada 我知道 我们计划不花任何钱 |
[15:56] | but doesn’t this make you feel a little bit guilty, just walking away with all this free stuff? | 但这不让觉得有点罪恶感吗 拿了这么多免费东西就离开? |
[16:00] | Betty, it’s fine. Don’t you ever get free samples of ice cream? | Betty 没关系的 你难道没有拿过 免费品尝的冰淇淋吗? |
[16:03] | Yeah, but then I buy an ice cream cone. | 但之后我会买一个冰淇淋蛋筒 |
[16:05] | Of course you do. | 是啊 你当然会 |
[16:06] | – There you go. – Thank you. | – 给你 – 谢谢 |
[16:10] | Time for some new rags. | 该去试新衣服了 |
[16:13] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:24] | what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[16:25] | Well, how much is it? | 多少钱啊? |
[16:30] | $2,000? | 2000美金? |
[16:31] | all right, miss plan, how are we gonna pay for this one? | 很好 计划小姐 这件衣服我们拿什么付呢? |
[16:33] | Fun fact–most storehave a 30-day return policy. | 告诉你个有趣的事实 大部分商店都有30天退货的政策 |
[16:37] | So you tuck the tag, wear ’em once, bring it back. | 那就藏好标签 穿一次 然后再拿回来 |
[16:40] | Ah, amanda. That’s illegal. | 啊 Amanda 这可不合法 |
[16:42] | It’s immoral, but mainly it’s illegal, which violates rule number one. | 这样不道德 也算得上不合法 违法了第一条规则 |
[16:45] | Remember number two? Real “mode” readers. | 记得第二条规则吗? 现实中的<时尚>读者 |
[16:49] | Is it fair th only ivanka trump gets to wear dresses like this? | 只有Ivanka Trump可以穿成这样 难道公平吗? |
[16:52] | No. Shouldn’t frumpy girls from queens get to feel glamorous, too? | 不 来自皇后区的乡下姑娘 就不可以穿得可爱迷人吗? |
[16:55] | Isn’t that what this article is all about? | 这不就是这篇文章所要写的? |
[16:58] | Well, yeah, but… | 嗯 是吗 但是… |
[17:00] | oh… my… god. | 我… 的… 天 |
[17:03] | – Feel this. – Stop. | – 感受一下 – 住手 |
[17:04] | – Just feel it. It’s so soft. – Stop. Stop. | – 感受一下 非常柔软 – 住手 住手 |
[17:06] | – That is soft. – I know, right? | – 很软的 – 我就知道 没错吧? |
[17:08] | Wouldn’t you love to wear it… ju once? | 你想不想就围上它… 就一次? |
[17:19] | every week, the “village voice” lists all the gallery openings in chelsea. | 每周 <小镇村声>都会列出 所有切尔西的展览的开幕时间 |
[17:23] | I always pick the ones with the ugliest art. | 我总是挑最难看的艺术品展览 |
[17:25] | – Why? – They have the best booze. | – 为什么? – 他们有最好的酒 |
[17:28] | They figure the drunker you are, the more likely you are to actually buy all this crap. | 他们认为你喝得越多 你买这些垃圾的可能性就越大 |
[17:32] | I actually think this is really neat. | 我真的觉得这酒很纯 |
[17:35] | Okay, now I’m cutting you off. | 好啦 我来帮你解决 |
[17:40] | – are you hungry? – Yeah, actually, I am, a little.I– | – 你饿吗? – 饿了 其实 就一点 我… |
[17:42] | ’cause I just spotted dinner. | 因为我刚刚发现了晚餐 |
[17:49] | – No, no, no, no. – Tuck your tag. | – 不 不 不 不 – 把标签藏好 |
[17:51] | – What? – Tuck it! | – 什么? – 藏好! |
[17:58] | – Ciao. | – Ciao. – 你们好 – 你们好 |
[17:59] | I couldn’t help but notice you looking at us, and by “us,” I mean me. | 我无法不注意到你们一直在看我们 我说”我们” 其实就是指我 |
[18:03] | Were we that obvious? I apologize. | 有这么明显吗? 那我道歉 |
[18:07] | Are you enjoying the opening? | 你喜欢这个开幕式吗? |
[18:09] | Well, I wasn’T… | 我不是很喜欢… |
[18:11] | until I spotted the two best-looking pieces here. | 直到我发现 原来最漂亮的两个(艺术品)在这里 |
[18:14] | Okay. | 好了 |
[18:15] | A-and, you, what is, uh, your favorite piece? | 那你 哪个- 你最喜欢呢? |
[18:19] | Oh, well, I’m not really an art kinda… | 哦 我对艺术并不是特别在行… |
[18:22] | I mean, I-I like that one. | 我是说 我- 我喜欢那个 |
[18:24] | This? What a coincidence. I just buy this one. | 这个? 太巧了 这个我刚刚买下来了 |
[18:28] | Really? | 真的啊? |
[18:29] | we were about to go out and celebrate his bad taste. | 我们正准备离开 去庆祝他的低级趣味 |
[18:33] | Wod you like to join us? | 你们想和我们一起去吗? |
[18:34] | – No, thank you. – Absolutely. | – 不 谢谢 – 当然愿意 |
[18:37] | Would you mind excusing us just for one second? | 抱歉 能让我们单独说两句吗? |
[18:39] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 |
[18:43] | – betty, what are you doing? – Are you crazy? | – Betty 你要干嘛? – 你疯了吗? |
[18:46] | We don even know them. They’re strangers. They could kill us. | 我们都不认识他们 他们是陌生人 搞不好会杀了我们 |
[18:49] | Betty, if we’re gonna write this article, we have to live it. | Betty 如果我们要写一篇文章 我们必须去亲身体验 |
[18:52] | That means everything– fun, art, fashion… sex. | 那意味着所有都要经历 乐趣 艺术 时尚… 性 |
[18:57] | – There isn’t gonna be any sex. – Isn’t there? | – 性不包含在内 – 没有吗? |
[18:59] | – No, there isn’T. – Okay, fine. Then scratch the sex. | – 不 没有 – 好吧 那就划掉性这部分 |
[19:01] | But, betty, I can’t do this by myself. You’re the writer. | 可是 Betty 我一个人做不了 你才是撰稿人 |
[19:05] | I thought we were in this together, partners. | 我认为我们要一起做 我们是搭档 |
[19:08] | Uh, ladies? | 女士们? |
[19:17] | Okay. Yeah. Let’S… grip it and rip it. | 好吧 那我们就… 抓紧时间赶快吧 |
[19:22] | don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[19:31] | The sound of clinking ice cubes– it’s like a scotti lullaby. | 叮当响的冰块声音 就像一首苏格兰摇篮曲 |
[19:36] | Well, here’s to the bundle of, uh, what’s the expression, joy? | 这杯为了… 嗯 该怎么说呢 喜悦? |
[19:42] | Oh, cut the crap, wilhelmina. | 哦 别废话了 Wihelmina |
[19:43] | You haven’t even given a second’s thought to raising this baby | 你根本从来都没想过 要抚养这个孩子 |
[19:46] | other than its stake in the meade empire. | 他不过是你赢得Mead王国的赌注而已 |
[19:49] | Oh, that’s outrageous. | 噢 这么说太过分了 |
[19:51] | How can you say such a thing? | 你怎么能这么说呢? |
[19:52] | Oh, I-I don’t know. I mean, look at this pla. It’s not even been baby-proofed. | 噢 我不知道 只是你看看这地方 根本就是”婴儿不宜” |
[19:55] | Dead baby. | 婴儿致命 |
[19:57] | Dead baby. Dead baby. | 婴儿致命 婴儿致命 |
[19:59] | Sometimes I wonder if you even want this child or not. | 有时候我甚至怀疑 你到底想不想要这个孩子 |
[20:02] | – Oh, that’s ridiculous. – Is it? Really? | – 噢 荒谬 – 荒谬? 真的么? |
[20:05] | I mean, you weren’t even gonna come with me today until connor asked you to go to that meeting. | 如果不是Connor要你去参加那个会议 你今天甚至根本就不想来 |
[20:11] | What exactly is going on with you two anyway? | 你们俩到底发生什么事了? |
[20:13] | You babbled like an idiot when he walked in. | 当他进来的时候 你胡言乱语地像傻子一样 |
[20:16] | I do not babble. | 我没有胡言乱语 |
[20:17] | Oh,you babbled. | 噢 你有 |
[20:18] | And you’ve been avoiding him ever since you got back from key largo. | 从Key Largo酒店回来后 你就一直在逃避他 |
[20:23] | Did something happen? | 出什么事了? |
[20:25] | No. | 没有 |
[20:27] | Oh,my god. | 噢 天哪 |
[20:29] | He didn’t– | 他不会是– |
[20:30] | no,he didn’t,unfortunately. | 不 他没有 非常抱歉 |
[20:35] | you like him. | 你喜欢上他了 |
[20:37] | so is that so strange,that a woman like me wants someone to spend the rest of her life with, | 有什么好奇怪的 像我这样的女人 就不能找一个 能够相伴到老 |
[20:43] | someone to help raise her child,do it right this time? | 一起养儿育女的伴侣么? |
[20:47] | I finally meet the perfect man,and I can’t have him. | 好不容易碰到一个完美的男人 而我却不能拥有他 |
[20:51] | I may as well just resign myself to never having a man around. | 我也许应该远离男人 孤独终老 |
[20:55] | Oh,well,I wouldn’t do that,’cause,uh… | 噢 不可能的 因为… |
[20:59] | you’re having a boy. | 你就要有个儿子了 |
[21:02] | Really? | 是吗? |
[21:04] | Yes,wilhelmina,you are having a little baby boy. | 是的 Wilhelmina 你就要有个儿子了 |
[21:08] | A boy? | 儿子? |
[21:16] | And then betty rode her motorcycle into a vat of jell-O. | 然后Betty驾着她的摩托 冲进了一大吉露果子冻里 |
[21:20] | I can’t believe you didn’t see it. | 我真不敢相信 你们没有看到过 |
[21:21] | It was all over the internet. | 网上到处都是 |
[21:22] | It did get,like,over a million hits. | 大概有 上百万次的点击率了 |
[21:28] | This champagne tastes so expensive. | 这香槟感觉很昂贵阿 |
[21:32] | Life’s too short to drink cheap champagne. | 人生苦短 不要浪费在烂香槟上 |
[21:36] | that is so true,claudio. | 这真是真理 Claudio |
[21:39] | So true. | 真理 |
[21:42] | Did you enjoy your food? | 你还满意这里的食物么? |
[21:44] | Yes,I did. | 是的 |
[21:45] | It was wonderful. | 非常棒 |
[21:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:48] | Is something wrong? | 你怎么了? |
[21:51] | No. No. | 没 没什么 |
[21:52] | Uh,uh,would you excuse me for just a second? | 呃 不好意思 我能离开一下么? |
[21:55] | S .S . | 当然当然 |
[21:57] | No,no,. Don’t get up. | 不 不 不用站起来 |
[21:58] | Please don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[22:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:06] | I’m having a crisis. | 我有麻烦了 |
[22:07] | What’s wrong? What happened? | 怎么了? 出什么事了? |
[22:08] | Well,I’m working on my article,and I’ve been drinking the most incredible champagne, | 我正在为我的文章而努力 同时我正品尝着非常棒的香槟 |
[22:13] | and I can’t enjoy it. | 但是 我却无法感觉到开心 |
[22:14] | All I’m thinking about is how much claudio and luka spent on it. | 我只一味想着Claudio和Luka 将会花掉多少钱 |
[22:18] | Who are claudio and luka? | Claudio和Luka是谁? |
[22:20] | They’re the guys who are buying us dinner. | 他们是要为我们的晚餐埋单的人 |
[22:22] | Oh,and the food,hilda. | 还有那些食物 Hilda |
[22:24] | You wouldn’t even believe it. | 你一定不相信会这么美味 |
[22:26] | And I know we’re trying to spend $10,000,but I just feel so guilty. | 我知道我们要让他们花1万美金 可是我总觉得内疚 |
[22:31] | Well,are claudio and luka having a good time? | 那Claudi和Luka玩得开心么? |
[22:33] | Yeah,I think so. | 嗯 应该开心的 |
[22:35] | And they’re not expecting some sort of,you know,payment for dinner? | 那他们有考虑让你们 用其他方式来付晚餐费么? |
[22:39] | What? | 什么? |
[22:40] | Oh,no. No. | 噢 不 不 |
[22:42] | If they are,then they’re gonna be disappointed. | 如果他们是这么想的 那他们会失望的 |
[22:45] | Well,at least one of them will. | 至少其中一人会失望的 |
[22:47] | So these two guys with money take you out to a fabulous dinner, everybody’s having a great time, | 那么就是 两个有钱小伙子带你去吃 一顿很棒的晚餐 大家都玩的很开心 |
[22:51] | and you’re feeling guilty because? | 你却觉得内疚 就因为…? |
[22:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:55] | Betty,you deserve to ve fun more than anybody I know. | Betty你比任何人都理应享受到快乐 |
[22:59] | You spend every dime you make to live in the city,but you don’t live in the city. | 为了住在这城市里 你花尽了每一分钱 但其实 你却没在真正生活 |
[23:04] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[23:04] | All your problems are gonna be there tomorrow. | 把所有烦恼抛到脑后 |
[23:06] | So will you please go have some fun? | 好好的享受生活好不? |
[23:10] | Just be careful,okay? | 不过 要注意安全 好吗? |
[23:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:13] | Okay,I will. | 好的 我会的 |
[23:15] | Thank you,hilda. | 谢谢你 Hilda |
[23:21] | so where are luka and claudio? | Luka和Claudio去哪儿了? |
[23:24] | They had to go make some business calls. | 他们去打几通商务电话 |
[23:26] | I got us another bottle. | 我给大家又点了一瓶 |
[23:28] | They won’t mind. | 他们不会在意的 |
[23:28] | They’re,like,international financiers or something. | 他们是国际金融师啥的 |
[23:32] | You know,amanda,I have to admit,when daniel teamed us up on this, I was a little upset and a lot skeptical, | 知道么Amanda 我不得不承认 当Daniel让我们俩组队时 我有一点不开心 同时非常怀疑这事的可行性 |
[23:41] | but everything’s really turned out okay. | 但是现在 一切都很完美 |
[23:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:46] | To spending 10 grand. | 为了花掉1万块干杯 |
[23:47] | And to my roommate. | 也为了我的室友 |
[23:49] | If nothing else,you make my life very interesting. | 不为别的 只因为 你让我的人生变得很有趣 |
[23:53] | Of course I do. | 那是当然 |
[23:56] | the gentlemen said you would take care of this. | 那两位男士说 你们会埋单 |
[23:59] | Um,what? | 呃 什么? |
[24:08] | oh,my god. | 噢 天哪 |
[24:10] | They stuck us with the bill. | 他们拿帐单把我们摆了一道 |
[24:18] | They stiffed us. | 他们耍了我们 |
[24:19] | And I never even saw it coming. | 我甚至都没任何预感 |
[24:22] | They’re good. | 他们真行 |
[24:23] | Oh,my god. | 噢 天哪 |
[24:24] | Amanda,we can’t pay this. | Amanda 我们付不起这钱 |
[24:26] | Oh,well,at least we hit our target number. | 噢 至少预算达到了 |
[24:28] | High-five. | 击个掌 |
[24:29] | What are we going to do? | 你想怎么办? |
[24:31] | The final option– dine and dash. | 没办法了 就吃霸王餐吧 |
[24:34] | No. | 不行 |
[24:35] | You can’t just walk out on the bill. | 你不能不付钱就走 |
[24:37] | That’s illegal. | 这是违法的 |
[24:37] | – Is it? – Yes. | – 是么? – 是的 |
[24:39] | Is it really? | 真的是么? |
[24:40] | Yes. Stop doing that. | 是的 别这样子 |
[24:42] | All right,I gotta think. | 好吧 让我想想 |
[24:42] | Gotta think. Thk,betty,think. | 冷静 想想Betty 快想 |
[24:44] | There’s gotta be something I can do. | 一定有办法的 |
[24:50] | Whenever you’re ready. | 您准备好了请叫我 |
[24:53] | Oh,excuse me? | 噢 不好意思? |
[24:55] | Can I talk to your manager? | 你们经理在么? |
[25:03] | I got your message. | 我收到你信息了 |
[25:03] | You got a check for me? | 你给我们签了张支票? |
[25:04] | Uh,yeah. | 呃 是的 |
[25:05] | Uh,right here. | 在这儿 |
[25:07] | Is that sweet and sour? | 是糖醋的么? |
[25:08] | Can I? | 我能尝尝么? |
[25:09] | Sure. Help yourself. | 当然 请便 |
[25:11] | They feed you these tiny hors d’oeuvres at this thing. | 他们总是先给你吃这种开胃小菜 |
[25:13] | I always end up starved. | 我最后总是很饿 |
[25:14] | Uh,so here you go. | 嗯 给你 |
[25:16] | I just–I feel really terrible about canceling on you tonight. | 我只是– 我非常抱歉 不得不取消我们今晚的约定 |
[25:20] | Honestly. | 说真的 |
[25:22] | Really terrible? | 真的很难过? |
[25:23] | Really terrible. | 真的 很难过 |
[25:24] | Write me a bigger check. | 那给我写张大点的支票吧 |
[25:27] | what? | 什么? |
[25:28] | I find a little guilt is always good for squeezing a little extra cash out of you rich jerks. | 我发现你们这帮有钱的笨蛋内疚时 总是能从你们身上榨取点额外的金钱 |
[25:33] | There’s a fork here,if you need it. | 这里有叉子 要是你需要 |
[25:35] | Please. I’m a master with these things. | 拜托 我可是用筷子的专家 |
[25:39] | damn. | 糟糕 |
[25:41] | There is no shame in using a fork. | 用叉子没什么不好意思的 |
[25:45] | At least you have time to go home and change. | 你还有时间回家里换一下衣服 |
[25:47] | Oh,forget it. | 噢 没关系的 |
[25:48] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吧? |
[25:49] | I’m a kindergarten teacher. | 我是幼儿园的老师 |
[25:51] | I’m always covered in paint,paste and puke anyway. | 反正我身上总是 有点颜料 浆糊 呕吐物啥的 |
[25:55] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[25:56] | What? | 什么? |
[25:57] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[25:58] | I’m not letting you go out looking like that. | 我不会让你这样子走出去的 |
[26:01] | Is there a problem? | 有问题吗? |
[26:03] | No. | 没有 |
[26:03] | Actually,um,quite the contrary. | 事实上 正好相反 |
[26:05] | I’m betty suarez,”mode” magazine. | 我是<时尚>杂志的Betty Suarez |
[26:09] | This is my colleague,amanda tanen-sommers. | 这是我的同事Amanda Tanen Sommers |
[26:12] | We’re doing a profile on your restaurant for our new web site modeny.Com. | 我们在为你的餐厅做一篇专访 准备发表在我们的新网站modeny.com上 |
[26:16] | Really? | 是吗? |
[26:18] | You work at “mode”? | 你是<时尚>杂志的员工? |
[26:19] | Oh,she’s in disguise. | 噢 她是故意化妆成这样的 |
[26:20] | It helps us keep a low profile. | 这样能让我们低调一点 |
[26:22] | Anyway,modeny.Com is dedicated to celebrating the most hip,edgy,ahead-of-the curve things in new york city, | 嗯 modeny.com专注于为我们的读者 介绍纽约最新颖 最流行 最前卫的事物 |
[26:30] | and we’ll be featuring you prominently this month. | 我们这个月将重点的介绍你们餐厅 |
[26:53] | Why don’t i take care of this? | 这张单让我来吧? |
[26:58] | oh,my god. | 噢 我的天 |
[27:00] | I can’t believe you pulled that off. | 我不敢相信 你居然混过去了 |
[27:02] | I know! | 我知道! |
[27:03] | Me neither! | 我也不敢相信! |
[27:04] | Oh,gosh. We are going to promote the heck out of them in our article. | 天呀 我们得好好地在 文章里推荐一下他们餐厅 |
[27:07] | Whatevs. | 管它呢 |
[27:08] | The point is,you kicked ass,betty suarez. | 关键是你太棒了 Betty Suarez |
[27:11] | I kinda did. | 真的哦 |
[27:12] | I’m tired. Can we go home? | 我很累了 我们回家吧? |
[27:14] | Oh,yeah. We might as well. We can’t top that. | 噢 对 我们也差不多了 没有比这更疯狂的事了 |
[27:16] | Wait. Wait. That’s weird. | 等一下 等一下 这真奇怪 |
[27:18] | What? | 什么? |
[27:20] | Nothing. I can’t find my wallet. | 没什么 我找不到我的钱包 |
[27:22] | I think those guys stole my wallet. | 我想那两个人偷了我的钱包 |
[27:23] | No! | 不! |
[27:24] | Those jerks! | 这两个混蛋! |
[27:26] | What– should I call the police? | 那– 我打电话报警吧? |
[27:29] | there’s one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[27:30] | What? | 什么? |
[27:31] | You know how you hate paying the landlord because he creeps you out? | 你知道你说过你讨厌向房东付房租 因为他总是让你感觉好恶心吗? |
[27:35] | This morning I f–I felt bad because I didn’t have my half, | 今天早上我– 我感觉很不好 因为我不能付我的那一半 |
[27:37] | so I thought I would just do you a favor and drop it off. | 所以我想我应该跑一趟 替你把房租交了 |
[27:39] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么? |
[27:40] | – And then daniel gave this assignment,and I never had time to go– – amanda– | – Daniel给了这个任务 我就没有时间– |
[27:43] | the–the rent was in my purse,and it’s gone. | 那– 那笔租金在我钱包里 现在也没了 |
[27:46] | No.No,no.It’s got to be in there. | 不 不 不 一定在包里的 |
[27:49] | Check again. | 再找找 |
[27:51] | Oh,my god. | 噢 我的天呀 |
[27:53] | It’s not in there. | 真的不见了 |
[27:55] | Oh,my god. | 噢 我的天 |
[27:59] | That was everything I had. | 那是我所有的钱 |
[28:00] | Well,we’ll just go to an A.T.M. | 嗯 我们只是得去找个提款机 |
[28:02] | No,you don’t understand. | 不 你不明白 |
[28:03] | That was all I had. | 我只有那么多钱了 |
[28:05] | That was everything. | 那就是我的全部 |
[28:07] | I can’t pay my rent this month. | 这个月我付不起房租了 |
[28:08] | We’ll pay the rent next month. | 那我们下个月付吧 |
[28:09] | What are they gonna do,kick us out? | 他们能怎么办呢? 赶我们走吗? |
[28:11] | Yes. | 对 |
[28:12] | Yes,amanda. | 没错 Amanda |
[28:13] | That’s what happens when you don’t pay the rent. | 要是你不付房租 这就是将会发生的事情 |
[28:16] | What planet do you live on? | 你到底活在什么星球呀? |
[28:18] | I knew this was a bad idea. | 我就知道这不是个好主意 |
[28:19] | Wait. This wasn’t all my idea,partner. | 等一下 这并不都是我的主意 搭档 |
[28:22] | It’s not just tonight,amanda. | 不仅仅是今晚 Amanda |
[28:24] | It’s everything. | 而是所有事情都如此 |
[28:26] | You really don’t take responsibility for anything,do you… | 你真的对任何事情都不负责任 是吗… |
[28:30] | not when you run up my bills or let your dog pee on my clothes or eat all my food– | 你拖欠账单 让你的狗在我衣服上撒尿 或者吃光我的食物 都是不负责任 |
[28:35] | that was bad ronald. | 那都是坏朗诺干的 |
[28:36] | There is no bad ronald! | 根本就没什么坏朗诺! |
[28:39] | It’s you,bad amanda! | 是你 坏Amanda! |
[28:48] | wait,betty. | 等等 Betty |
[29:08] | Now I’m gonna lose my apartment. | 现在我将失去我的公寓 |
[29:11] | I’m gonna be homeless. | 我将会无家可归 |
[29:13] | Mija,you’ll always have a home here. | 甜心 你的家永远在这里 |
[29:15] | I know. I just… | 我知道 我只是… |
[29:17] | I don’t know how I let myself get sucked into amanda’s black hole of irresponsibility. | 我不知道我是怎么让自己困在 Amanda不负责任的黑洞中的 |
[29:22] | So stupid. | 太愚蠢了 |
[29:24] | Don’t be so hard on yourself… | 别太责怪你自己… |
[29:26] | or her. | 或者是她 |
[29:29] | She didn’t mean for the money to be stolen. | 她也不想钱被偷走的 |
[29:31] | Of course she didn’t mean for the money to get stolen. | 当然她不想钱被偷走 |
[29:33] | It’s just typical amanda. | 但是这就是Amanda的特性 |
[29:36] | She doesn’t care about anything ’cause she’s never had to work hard for anything. | 她什么都不在乎 因为她从不需要努力争取什么 |
[29:39] | She thinks life is one big night on the town,but it’s not. | 她认为人生就像是在大城市 玩一个晚上那么简单 但是不是的 |
[29:42] | Life is hard. | 生活是很艰难的 |
[29:44] | Betty,your mother and i worked very hard to raise you to be responsible. | Betty 你妈妈和我付出了很大的努力 让你成长为一个负责任的人 |
[29:50] | Sometimes I think we did too good a job. | 有时候我太过了 |
[29:54] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[29:55] | Sweetie,I know you’re angry at amanda, | 亲爱的 我知道你生Amanda的气 |
[29:59] | but I think there’s something that you can learn from her. | 但是我想 有些东西你应该向她学习 |
[30:07] | Let me make you something to go. | 让我给你做点吃的带回去吧 |
[30:21] | I was thinking about naming him abelard. | 我想着给他起名叫Abelard (法国神学家 境遇悲惨) |
[30:25] | Oh,my god. | 噢 天呀 |
[30:26] | I hope you’re joking. | 我希望你是在开玩笑 |
[30:28] | Well,what would you suggest? | 嗯 那么你建议叫什么? |
[30:30] | I’ve always been quite fond of hamish. | 我一直很喜欢Hamish |
[30:32] | Lovely. | 真可爱 |
[30:33] | Why not angus? | Angus怎么样? |
[30:34] | Nothing wrong with angus. | Angus没什么问题 |
[30:36] | I had a lovely tussle in the hay with an angus once. | 我曾经在草堆里和 一个叫Angus的打过架 |
[30:42] | I’m having a son. | 我要有个儿子了 |
[30:44] | Sorry I spilled the beans. | 抱歉我说漏嘴了 |
[30:46] | I know you wanted to be surprised. | 我知道你想把悬念留到最后 |
[30:49] | That’s not it. | 不是这样的 |
[30:49] | It’S… | 只是… |
[30:50] | I just didn’t want to know. | 我只是不想知道 |
[30:52] | It’s easier to think of him as an “it” than a– | 把他当成”它” 照顾更容易些– |
[30:55] | as a little boy or girl whlike I did my daughter’S. | 而不是一个被我毁掉生活的小孩 就像我女儿一样 |
[31:00] | Well,hey,you’ve been given another chance. | 嘿 你有了另一个机会 |
[31:02] | Just don’t do anything stupid,like naming him abeld. | 别做蠢事就行了 比如别叫他Abelard |
[31:15] | daniel. | |
[31:17] | A size 6? | 6号? |
[31:19] | All right. | 好的 |
[31:21] | All right. Not a problem. | 好的 没问题 |
[31:22] | Well,just look on the rack on the right. | 好吧 到右面的架子上找找 |
[31:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:26] | Bye. | 再见 |
[31:28] | uh,what was that about? | 呃 什么事啊? |
[31:30] | Uh,daniel just wanted to get into the closet. | 啊 Daniel 想进”衣橱” |
[31:34] | well,daniel is not a size 6. | Daniel可不穿6号 |
[31:36] | No,he’s not. | 不 他不穿 |
[31:38] | Had to get a dress for | connor’s fianc閑 molly. 他要给Connor的未婚妻Molly 找件衣服 |
[31:40] | She’s going to some charity-do. | 她要去什么慈善活动 |
[31:43] | And daniel is helping her? | Daniel在帮她? |
[31:45] | I guess so. | 我猜是的 |
[31:48] | Interesting. | 有趣 |
[31:52] | Take your pick. | 选吧 |
[31:53] | Seriously? | 真的吗? |
[31:55] | What are you,my fairy godmother? | 你是谁 我的仙女教母? |
[31:57] | Nope. | 不是 |
[31:58] | Just the boss. | 这里的老板 |
[32:01] | Oh,my god. | 哦 天啊 |
[32:04] | What do you think? | 觉得怎么样? |
[32:07] | I think you have good taste. | 我觉得你品位不错 |
[32:10] | turn around. | 转过去 |
[32:16] | just don’t let the paparazzi take photos of you in that dress. | 别让人拍到你穿这件衣服就行 |
[32:19] | That’s supposed to be our march cover. | 那个应该是我们三月的封面 |
[32:23] | Do I even want to know how much this thing costs? | 我能知道这衣服值多少钱吗? |
[32:27] | Depends. | 那要看… |
[32:29] | You plan on using chopsticks tonight? | 你今晚打算用筷子吗? |
[32:32] | forget I asked. | 忘了我的问题吧 |
[32:43] | okay. | 好的 |
[32:49] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[32:52] | Um,that works. | 啊 很不错 |
[32:54] | It’s not too much? | 不会太夸张了? |
[32:55] | I don’t usually wear things like this. | 我很少这么穿 |
[32:59] | No,it’s,uh,it’s amazing. | 不 很惊艳 |
[33:03] | Can you… | 麻烦你… |
[33:05] | Yeah,yeah. | 好的 好的 |
[33:32] | I need to go. | 我得走了 |
[33:36] | thank you for the dress. | 谢谢你的衣服 |
[35:07] | what if the restaurant manager hadn’t comped your meal? | 如果饭店经理不免你的餐费怎么办? |
[35:10] | Then I guess she would have realized I was trying to pay with my queens college student I.D. | 那她会发现我是 在用皇后学院的学生证付钱 |
[35:18] | It’s great,betty. | 文章很棒 Betty |
[35:20] | It’sxactly the kind of piece we need for the web site. | 这正是我们网站上需要的东西 |
[35:22] | Really? | 真的? |
[35:23] | People are gonna eat that up. | 人们会全盘接收的 |
[35:24] | It’s so much more than just a list of things to do. | 这比一个枯燥的清单要好多了 |
[35:27] | It’s got a moral.It goes a lot deeper. | 它升华到了精神领域 更深刻了 |
[35:29] | You guys seem like you had a blast. | 你们就好像是经受了一场洗礼 |
[35:31] | We did. | 是的 |
[35:32] | We did… | 没错… |
[35:33] | in a sleazy,scammy sort of way. | 虽然过程不怎么光彩 |
[35:36] | I guess I have amanda to thank for that. | 我想我该谢谢Amanda |
[35:38] | So iuess you wouldn’t mind working with her again? | 那我猜你不会介意和她一起工作了? |
[35:43] | I don’t know about that. | 我不知道 |
[35:44] | Because I gotta tell you,this story is gonna make an excellent regular feature on our web site. | 因为我得告诉你 这个故事会成为 我们网站上一个出色的固定专栏 |
[35:49] | Seriously? | 真的吗? |
[35:50] | Sure.Think about it– you and amanda out on the town every week,having some new kind of crazy adventure. | 当然 想想– 你和Amanda每周都出去 做些新的疯狂冒险 |
[35:57] | You have a great dynamic. | 你很有创造力 |
[35:58] | The budget’s pretty tight,but I could probably float you an advance | 预算很紧 但我大概能让你预支一些 |
[36:02] | if it sweetens the deal and helps pay your rent. | 如果这能让你更卖力 并能帮你付房租的话 |
[36:04] | Oh,it would. | 哦 能的 |
[36:05] | It would. | 当然能 |
[36:06] | Oh,god. | 哦 上帝 |
[36:07] | Thank you,daniel. | 谢谢 Daniel |
[36:08] | You know,you should have fun. | 听着 玩的尽兴 |
[36:09] | Just,um,make sure to stay out of trouble. | 就是保证别惹麻烦 |
[36:13] | Got it. | 明白 |
[36:16] | On second thought,I guess a little trouble’s not too bad,huh? | 不过想想 有点小麻烦也不赖? |
[36:53] | Where’s amanda? | Amanda哪去了? |
[36:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:55] | She left early. | 她提前走了 |
[36:56] | I’m just covering the phones. | 我只是替她接电话 |
[37:00] | amanda! | |
[37:01] | Gotta go,betty. | 我走了 Betty |
[37:02] | Amanda,I have to talk to you. | Amanda 我得和你谈谈 |
[37:04] | Sorry,I have no time. | 抱歉 我没时间 |
[37:05] | – What? – Oh,my god. | – 什么? – 哦 我的天 |
[37:06] | – Why are you in such a rush? – Let go! | – 你这么着急干什么? – 放手! |
[37:15] | No.Give it back. | 不 还给我 |
[37:18] | What are you wearing? | 你穿的什么? |
[37:21] | Don’t look at me.I’m a freak. | 别看着我 我是怪胎 |
[37:24] | Amanda,you got a second job? | Amanda 你做兼职? |
[37:30] | betty,last night wasn’t all your fault. | Betty 昨晚并不全是你的错 |
[37:33] | Well,it was a little bit your fault,but it was mostly my fault. | 好吧 有一小点儿是你的错 但大部分是我的错 |
[37:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:39] | I would say it was more like 70-40,me. | 我想大半是我的错 |
[37:43] | The thing is,you’re right. | 其实 你是对的 |
[37:45] | I should care more about what’s important to you… | 我应该更关注 什么对于你是重要的… |
[37:51] | like paying my half of the rent. | 比如付我的那半房租 |
[37:55] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[37:57] | I had fun. | 我玩得很开心 |
[37:59] | What? | 什么? |
[38:00] | Last night,I had fun. | 昨晚 我也玩得很开心 |
[38:02] | I’ve been working so hard to pay for my fabulous single life in manhattan, | 为了负担我的曼哈顿独居生活 我工作得太辛苦了… |
[38:07] | I haven’t really lived it… | 以至于我都没好好享受它 |
[38:09] | until you forced me to go out last night and have fun,and I did,so… | 直到你昨晚硬拉我去玩 我也玩得很开心 所以… |
[38:15] | thank you. | 谢谢你 不用 我也很开心 |
[38:17] | Sure.I had fun,too. | |
[38:22] | So… | 所以… |
[38:23] | that happened. | 就这样啦 |
[38:26] | Oh,by the way,daniel loved our article. | 哦 还有 Daniel喜欢我们的报道 |
[38:28] | So… | 所以… |
[38:29] | there’s a little extra cash in it,and we’re not gonna lose our apartment. | 有多付酬劳 我们不用搬走了 |
[38:33] | So I can quit my job in clown hell? | 那我不用去”小丑地狱”工作了? |
[38:35] | No. | 不 |
[38:42] | You do not wanto know what I had to do to get this. | 你根本想不到 我是怎么拿到这个的 |
[38:45] | Okay,I’ll tell you. | 好吧 我告诉你吧 |
[38:47] | – No,no. – Oh,but I had a really good quip. | – 不 不用 – 噢 我本来想好怎么说了 |
[38:52] | Damn.I was hoping for some skin fr–you know,from daniel. | 靠 我本来还以为会有肌肤相亲 当然是Daniel主动 |
[38:55] | No,this is better than i could ever have imagined. | 不 这比我想象中的要好多了 |
[38:59] | You don’t even have them doing the nasty. | 你都没有他们乱搞的证据 |
[39:00] | Uh,no.Stop it.Freeze. | 哦不 暂停 |
[39:03] | You see the way daniel’s looking at her? | 看见Daniel瞧她的眼神了吗? |
[39:05] | The way betty looks at a cheeseburger. | 就好像Betty垂涎奶酪汉堡一样 |
[39:07] | I’ve been looking for the wedge to drive between connor and that sweet little schoolmarm, | 我正想找个契机来拆散 Connor和那个女教师 |
[39:12] | and daniel has just given it to me. | 而Daniel刚好给了我机会 |
[39:13] | He’s falling in love with her. | 他爱上她了 |
[39:16] | And I’m back in the game. | 我有戏了 |
[39:41] | what’s all this business? | 这是干什么? |
[39:44] | Well,I figured after a long day of hard work,you might be tired and a little hungry. | 我想 一天辛苦的工作之后 你可能会又饿又累 |
[39:52] | Oh,also… | 噢 还有… |
[39:57] | a gift? | 礼物? |
[39:59] | For me? | 给我的? |
[40:04] | You know,’cause yours got stolen,and you need somewhere to keep your rent money. | 你原来的不是被偷了嘛 你总得要个放房租的钱包 |
[40:11] | Betty,this is prada. | Betty 这是Prada的 |
[40:14] | Actually,it’s plada. | 其实 是Plada |
[40:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[40:25] | Can we eat? | 能吃了吗? |
[40:27] | Yes. | 当然 |
[40:29] | how was work? | 工作怎么样? |
[40:31] | Well… | 嗯… |