时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The dreams always begin the same | 我总是做同样的梦 |
[00:03] | I’m eating a hot dog in a park | 我坐在公园里吃热狗 |
[00:06] | And that’s when I notice everyone is gone. | 然后发现所有人都不见了 |
[00:08] | – Weird. just then, I hear henry’s voice. – Betty? | – 非常奇怪 然后 我听到亨利的声音 -贝蒂 |
[00:12] | I realize it’s not henry, but… | 我知道这不是亨利 但是 |
[00:14] | Antonio Sabato Jr.? | 小安东尼奥·萨巴托(影星) |
[00:16] | Before I can do anything, | 在我吓得能动弹之前 |
[00:18] | Antonio rips the hot dog from my hand. | 安东尼奥从我手里一把抢过热狗 |
[00:20] | No hot dog for you, Betty Suarez. | 贝蒂·苏亚雷斯 你不能吃热狗 |
[00:23] | And then he kisses me. | 然后他吻了我 |
[00:34] | Matt? | 马特 |
[00:35] | How could you, Betty? You betrayed me. | 你怎么能这样 贝蒂 你背叛了我 |
[00:38] | You’re a cheater. you kissed him. | 你是个骗子 你跟他接吻了 |
[00:40] | You kissed Antonio Sabato Jr. with tongue. | 你跟小安东尼奥·萨巴托来了个舌吻 |
[00:44] | You frenched Antonio Sabato Jr? | 你跟小安东尼奥·萨巴托的法式热吻 |
[00:46] | Was it good? | 感觉好吗 |
[00:48] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[00:49] | Obviously, he’Henry. | 很明显 他代表着亨利 |
[00:51] | Oh. So what’s the hot dog? | 那为什么不能吃热狗 |
[00:53] | Also not the point. | 这也不是重点 |
[00:55] | I think I have to tell Matt that I kissed Henry | 我觉得我该告诉马特 我跟亨利接吻了 |
[00:58] | Before we move in together. | 要在我们搬到一块住之前就说 |
[00:59] | Betty, I don’t care how guilty you feel. | 贝蒂 我不管你觉得有多内疚 |
[01:01] | Keep your piehole shut. | 不该说的 决不能说 |
[01:03] | Please tell me, what good is telling him? | 你说 告诉他有什么好处 |
[01:06] | Well, I don’t want there to be secrets between us, | 我不想我们俩之间有秘密 |
[01:09] | Especially when we’re about to take things to another level. | 特别是当我们关系要更近一步之时 |
[01:12] | I mean, it’s been three days already. | 都过去三天了 |
[01:14] | Listen, if that kiss meant nothing, | 听着 如果那个吻对你毫无意义 |
[01:16] | You’re about to turn nothing into something. | 你这么做 就是没事找事 |
[01:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[01:20] | Matt’s coming home from his painter’s retreat today. | 马特今天会回家再次开始闭门创作 |
[01:22] | I’m just gonna tell him at lunch. | 我就在午饭时告诉他吧 |
[01:25] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[01:26] | Hey. What are you doing up so early? | 你这么早起来干什么 |
[01:29] | The live media telecast of the Mama Award nominees. | 拜托 今天有母亲奖提名的现场转播 |
[01:32] | Oh, yeah. | 对的 |
[01:33] | Oh, the Mama Awards– am I nominated? | 妈妈奖 我被提名了吗 |
[01:36] | The magazine and media association awards. | 这是个杂志和媒体协会奖 |
[01:38] | Yeah, it’s, like, my favorite awards show | 是的 这是我最爱的颁奖礼 |
[01:40] | After the Oscars, the Tonys, | 就排在奥斯卡 东尼奖 |
[01:42] | The Golden Globes and the Grammys. | 金球奖和格莱美奖之后 |
[01:44] | Aw. My baby’s so full of culture. | 我的宝贝真有才 |
[01:47] | You are so getting into | 你真该去上 |
[01:49] | That performing arts high school. | 表演艺术高校 |
[01:50] | Mom, it’s too early for love. | 妈 现在说这个还太早 |
[01:53] | Nominees in the category of socially relevant article | 社会关系类文章被提名的是 |
[01:56] | Are “anorexia’s forgotten prisoners,” | 《厌食症 跟囚犯无关》 |
[01:59] | The “New York Review”… | 发表于《纽约观点》 |
[02:00] | In honor of the Mama Awards, | 庆祝妈妈奖的惯例 |
[02:02] | Your traditional one bite of bagel. | 吃上一口贝果 |
[02:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:10] | I assumed since you’re off to work for “Vogue” now, | 我还以为既然你都要跳槽去《Vogue》了 |
[02:12] | You wouldn’t be here this morning. | 今天早上你可能不会来了 |
[02:14] | Oh, Stop. My head may belong to Anna Wintour, | 我身在安娜·温托[《Vogue》主编]麾下 |
[02:17] | But my heart will always belong to you | 可我的心永远属于你 |
[02:20] | And Jake Gyllenhaal– but mostly you. | 和杰克·盖伦霍尔的[《断背山》主演] 你占大部分 |
[02:22] | And the nominees for best fashion issue of the year… | 获得本年度最佳时尚专辑提名的是 |
[02:24] | That’s our category. | 到我们这类了 |
[02:26] | “Elle,” spring fashion issue, march, 2009, | 《ELLE》春季时尚专辑 2009年三月号 |
[02:28] | Editor-in-chief Robbie Myers. | 主编罗比·梅耶 |
[02:31] | “Mode” magazine, wedding issue… | 《风尚》杂志 婚礼专辑 |
[02:33] | Editors-in-chief Daniel Meade and Wilhelmina Slater… | 主编丹尼尔·米德 威廉敏娜·斯莱特 |
[02:36] | Willie, it’s your first nomination as editor-in-chief. | 威威 这是你第一次作为主编获得提名 |
[02:37] | Too bad I have to share it with that drooling idiot. | 不幸的是我得跟个流口水的傻瓜一起分享 |
[02:44] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[02:46] | You’re nominated for a Mama for the wedding issue. | 你做的婚礼专辑获得了妈妈奖提名 |
[02:49] | Mm. that’s cool. | 嗯 不错 |
[02:51] | Cool? | 不错 |
[02:53] | It’s huge. | 这可是大好消息 |
[02:55] | Not to mention, I’m on the cover. | 更别提 这期的封面是我 |
[03:00] | Okay, that is definitely the best part. | 好吧 这无疑是最炫之处 |
[03:03] | Wait, wait. you had a fever last night. | 等等 你昨晚有点发烧了 |
[03:07] | You have to get back to sleep. Come on. | 该躺回去再睡会 来 |
[03:09] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[03:11] | And even better knowing… you’re gonna win. | 更高兴的是 我知道你一定会赢 |
[03:14] | Yeah. I can’t wait– | 我简直等不及了 |
[03:16] | My husband on stage accepting his trophy. | 我的夫君站在台上领奖 |
[03:20] | I am so proud of you, babe. | 我真为你感到自豪 宝贝 |
[03:26] | Yay, Wilhelmina! | 威廉敏娜 |
[03:29] | All hail the nominee! | 提名人万岁 |
[03:31] | Oh, this is all too much. you know I hate attention. | 这太隆重了 你知道我喜欢低调 |
[03:34] | – Brava, Willie. Brava. – Oh, you don’t have to do that. | -干得漂亮 威威 -你们不必如此的 |
[03:36] | – Keep doing that. – Marc, where is the press? | -继续继续 -小马 新闻发布会在哪 |
[03:39] | Eagerly awaiting their queen. | 急切地等待着他们的女王 |
[03:45] | That’s not their queen. | 那可不是他们的女王 |
[03:47] | Look at them fawning over her | 看看这帮人 这么奉承着她 |
[03:49] | Like she’s Obama’s portuguese water dog. | 就好像她是奥巴马家的葡萄牙猎犬 |
[03:52] | I think it’s time we bust out | 我觉得该是时候爆点料了 |
[03:53] | That little secret we dug up. | 我们扒拉出来的那个小秘密 |
[03:55] | So are there any more questions | 还有其他问题要问吗 |
[03:57] | Oh, I have one. | 我有一个 |
[03:58] | Uh, I was thinking about taking a little vacation | 我正在考虑去南达科他州的麦迪森 |
[04:01] | To Madison, South Dakota. | 做一番小小的旅行 |
[04:03] | I heard it’s a wonderful place to find your inner child. | 听说那里很棒 让人能找到自己”私生子” |
[04:07] | Ever been there, recently, or maybe in the early ’80s? | 你最近去过那吗 或者80年代早期就去过 |
[04:13] | I think we’ve had quite enough questions. | 今天的提问到此为止了 |
[04:17] | Thank you all for coming. | 谢谢各位的光临 |
[04:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:20] | What does she mean? what does she mean by that? | 她说的什么意思 她刚说的话是什么意思 |
[04:23] | Were you there at that time? | 你那段时间真的在那里吗 |
[04:24] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[04:26] | You know how easily the elderly tire out. | 你们知道的 老人家很容易体力不支 |
[04:28] | Now who wants to talk about my nomination? | 下面 我们来说说关于我被提名一事 |
[04:31] | When did you find out? | 你是什么时候知道的 |
[04:33] | How did you share that with Daniel? | 跟丹尼尔分享奖项感觉如何 |
[04:36] | Congratulations! | 恭喜恭喜 |
[04:39] | Huh. That’s… interesting. | 这真…好玩 |
[04:41] | It’s an “M” for Mama. You can’t tell? | 这是妈妈奖的”M” 你看不出来吗 |
[04:44] | A piece broke off. | 掉了一小块 |
[04:46] | Okay, I ate it. | 被我吃了 |
[04:48] | Why aren’t you out there doing any press? | 你怎么不去外面接受采访 |
[04:49] | Oh, my mom’s Senior V.P. now. | 我妈妈更资深更重要 |
[04:51] | I’ll let her be the face of the company. | 我想让她成为公司的招牌 |
[04:53] | I meant to ask you, has Penny Meadows turned in | 我正要问你 佩妮·梅多斯 |
[04:55] | That Yves Saint Laurent piece yet? | 那篇伊夫.圣罗兰的稿子交了没有 |
[04:56] | I haven’t gotten anything. | 我还没收到 |
[04:57] | That’s weird. She’s been working on that for months now. | 真奇怪 她都写了几个月了 |
[05:00] | I’m gonna need that for the fall issue. | 秋季的专辑要用的 |
[05:01] | Can you go check and see how it’s coming? | 你能去看看她做得怎么样了吗 |
[05:04] | – What? – It’s just… she’s mean… | -怎么了 -只是…她很刻薄 |
[05:08] | And scary and she always has terrible breath, | 很可怕 还总是口气很臭 |
[05:11] | Like coffee and moth balls | 闻着像咖啡和樟脑丸一样 |
[05:13] | And some other weird smell I can’t quite figure out. | 或者其他说不出来的奇怪味道 |
[05:15] | Betty, she’s not that bad. | 贝蒂 她还不至于这么差 |
[05:18] | What the hell do you want, eyebrow? | 你到底想要干什么 美眉 |
[05:20] | Good morning, Penny. | 佩妮 早上好 |
[05:22] | Daniel was wondering about the Yves Saint Laurent piece. | 丹尼尔想要那份伊夫.圣罗兰的稿子 |
[05:25] | – Working on it. – Right, I understand. It’s just– | -正在做呢 -是 我明白 只是 |
[05:29] | Look at those damn pigeons– taunting me, | 看看这些该死的鸽子 敢嘲笑我 |
[05:31] | Making their little pigeon noises… | 整天都是鸽子的噪音 |
[05:33] | Crapping all over the window. | 在窗子外面叽叽呱呱的 |
[05:36] | – Could you give me a hand here? – Um, okay. | -来帮一下忙吧 -好的 |
[05:40] | See, the thing is, | 问题是 |
[05:41] | They’re starting to work on the fall issue, | 他们开始准备秋天专辑了 |
[05:43] | – And Daniel’s just a little concerned… – You want a beer? | -丹尼尔只是有点担心… -来口啤酒吗 |
[05:45] | No, thank you. | 不 谢了 |
[05:47] | Uh, maybe… maybe after work, | 也许 下班后 |
[05:49] | When it’s appropriate to drink. | 才合适喝一杯 |
[05:52] | So about the article– | 关于稿子的事… |
[05:54] | Listen, buzzkill, you can’t rush art, okay? | 听着 催命鬼 艺术不是催出来的 好吧 |
[05:56] | Did anyone say to Picasso, “yo, Pablo, | 会有人去催毕加索 “嘿 巴伯罗 |
[05:58] | “uh, could you hurry up | 你能加快速度 |
[05:59] | “with that Guernica thing? | 再画点《格尔尼卡》那样的画吗 |
[06:00] | We really need it for Daniel!” | 因为丹尼尔急着要” 会这样催吗 |
[06:03] | Shoo! shoo, you pigeons! Come on. | 嘘 嘘 鸽子们 给我走开 |
[06:05] | Uh, Penny, are you sure you want to be doing that? | 佩妮 你确定你想这么做吗 |
[06:08] | Oh, can’t lean out the window, can’t drink. | 别探出窗户 别喝酒 |
[06:10] | You’re a real Pioneers full of fun. shoo! | 你可真是个搞笑的卫道士 嘘 |
[06:12] | Shoo! shoo! shoo! | 嘘 嘘 走开 |
[06:14] | Come on. go. shoo. shoo. | 给我走开 嘘 嘘 |
[06:16] | 我在楼外 马特 | |
[06:25] | Why are they wearing gas masks? | 为什么他们都戴着防毒面具 |
[06:27] | It’s protecting them | 这是在保护他们 |
[06:28] | From the foul stench of their lies. | 使他们免受谎言的污浊臭气 |
[06:31] | Wow. uh… that’s neat. | 真有意味 |
[06:34] | It’s dark, but neat. | 虽然黑 但是有意味 |
[06:35] | It’s where inspiration took me. | 这是我的灵感迸发的 |
[06:37] | Um, matt, I have something | 马特 我有点事 |
[06:39] | That I’ve been meaning to talk to you about. | 一直都想认真跟你谈谈 |
[06:42] | I’m glad to hear it. | 洗耳恭听 |
[06:51] | God, this is hard. | 真难开口 |
[06:56] | But before we move in, i-i think that you should know– | 在我们同居前 我想你该知道 |
[07:02] | Oh, my god! penny? | 天啊 佩妮 |
[07:06] | Fall fashion exclusive– | 秋季时尚总监 |
[07:08] | Emphasis on “fall.” | 真的如秋叶飘落了 |
[07:10] | “mode” feature editor penny meadows | 风尚的专题编辑佩妮·梅多斯 |
[07:11] | Slipped and fell to her death while attempting… | 想要从她28层高楼上赶走鸽子时 |
[07:14] | To shoo pigeons away from her 28th-floor window. | 不慎滑倒摔死 |
[07:18] | On my sexy death meter, this one barely rates a 3. | 按死亡性感指数打分 这厮仅获三颗星 |
[07:22] | All right, so I issued a statement to the press, | 我已经给媒体发过声明了 |
[07:25] | Signed the police report. | 签过警方报告了 |
[07:26] | – What else are we forgetting? – I sent flowers to the family. | -我们还忘了什么吗 -我给她家送花了 |
[07:29] | – Oh, good. thank you. – daniel, I was thinking, | -好 谢谢 -丹尼尔 我在考虑 |
[07:31] | Maybe I could organize a memorial service | 也许可以组织个纪念活动 |
[07:33] | So that her friends here can say good-bye to her. | 让她的朋友都来跟她道别 |
[07:35] | -did she have friends -not really, but we’d do sth nice | -她有朋友 -不多 但我们得做善事 |
[07:39] | – I was thinking a coffee cart. – oh, I’d love a coffee– | -我想办咖啡会 -我喜欢咖啡 |
[07:42] | I mean, uh, I think penny would’ve really liked that. | 我是说 我想佩妮会喜欢的 |
[07:47] | I hate even thinking about it, | 我知道现在说不太合适 |
[07:49] | But how are we gonna spread out her workload here? | 但是我还是要想怎么填补她的空缺 |
[07:51] | Well, um… | 其实 |
[07:54] | Daniel, since you brought it up, | 丹尼尔 既然你提了 |
[07:57] | – I was thinking– – do you want her job? | -我正考虑 -你来补她的位置吧 |
[08:00] | Oh, god. it sounds so awful when you say it out loud. | 天 怎么被你直接说出来这么难堪 |
[08:03] | No, no, we were thinking the same thing. | 不 不 我们想的是同一件事 |
[08:05] | I think a feature editor position | 我认为一个专题编辑的位置 |
[08:06] | Would be a perfect fit for you. | 对你来说再合适不过 |
[08:11] | Well, we should be respectful. | 我们应该互相尊重 |
[08:13] | You know, let the grieving process happen | 把我升职之事告知大家之前 |
[08:15] | Before we tell anyone. | 保持应有的悲伤 |
[08:17] | Way to go, aunt betty! | 继续加油 贝蒂姨妈 |
[08:19] | Guys, please. it’s a really delicate situation. | 大家注意 现在情况真的非常特殊 |
[08:22] | Promise me you’re not gonna show up at work | 答应我别带着气球或蛋糕 |
[08:24] | With balloons or a cake. | 跑到我工作的地方去 |
[08:25] | – Somebody say cake? – papi, please. it’s so inappropriate. | -有人提蛋糕了 -爸 抱歉 现在不合适 |
[08:29] | I’m sorry for how you got the job, mija, | 我很抱歉你得到这份工作的过程 女儿 |
[08:31] | – But you know you deserve it. – thank you, papi. | -但你名副其实 -谢谢 爸爸 |
[08:33] | Look, if it helps, we can all go to church tonight | 如果需要 我们可以今晚去教堂 |
[08:35] | – And light a candle for the poor woman. – oh, good. | -为那可怜女人点支蜡烛 -那好 |
[08:37] | I could light a candle for saint vitus. | 我可以为圣维塔斯点一支了 |
[08:40] | The patron saint of all actors? | 所有演员的圣人 |
[08:42] | He’s gotta have some pull at the performing arts school. | 他推动了艺术学校的建立 |
[08:45] | oh, honey. Don’t worry about it. | 宝贝 别担心了 |
[08:46] | You’re gonna get in. you’re gonna be a big star. | 你会进去的 你会成为大明星的 |
[08:49] | Now go help grandpa with the meat loaf. | 现在去帮你外公做肉松长棍 |
[08:50] | Hurry up. hurry up. | 赶快 赶快 |
[08:52] | so tell me, what happened with matt? | 跟我说 和马特怎么了 |
[08:54] | I didn’t get to tell him. | 我还没告诉他 |
[08:56] | The accident sort of interrupted things. | 坠楼事件干扰了我的告白 |
[08:58] | – Good. – no, not good. I need to tell him. | -好 -不 不好 我得告诉他 |
[09:02] | You know that I am a very spiritual person, right? | 你知道我是个有原则的人 对吗 |
[09:06] | – Not really. – I am. | -不怎么象 -我就是的 |
[09:08] | And I try to find the meaning in everything, | 我试图去找出所有事物的含义 |
[09:10] | And all I’m gonna say is, that woman gave her life | 我想说的就是 奉献生命的女人 |
[09:13] | So that you could have a chance at a new one. | 你也该给新男友一个机会 |
[09:14] | okay, that’s a little much. | 行了 扯远了 |
[09:16] | You got a new job, you got a chance | 你有新工作 新机会 |
[09:18] | At a clean slate with matt. | 跟马特有段纯洁的感情 |
[09:19] | Why are you gonna screw it up by telling him? | 干嘛要因为这点事破坏你们 |
[09:22] | You’re just gonna hurt him. | 你会伤害到他的 |
[09:30] | Okay, ryan, | 好 赖安 |
[09:31] | If you’re going to be replacing marc, | 如果你打算代替马克 |
[09:33] | There are a few things you need to know. | 有些事你得注意到 |
[09:35] | NO.1, wilhelmina doesn’t like being called by her name. | 第一 威廉敏娜不喜欢别人叫她名字 |
[09:38] | She prefers “honey.” | 她更喜欢”甜心”这个称呼 |
[09:39] | And number “b,” she insists on a morning mouth kiss– | 第二 她坚持要早晨来个吻 |
[09:42] | – A big one. – amanda! | -大大的吻 -阿曼达 |
[09:44] | – Are you trying to sabotage young ryan? – yes, I hate him. | -你是在误导小赖安吗 -对 我讨厌他 |
[09:49] | Marc, you can’t just replace yourself | 马克 你不能就这么让另一个同志 |
[09:51] | – With another gay guy. – I’m not gay. | -替代你 -我不是同志 |
[09:53] | Yeah, right. | 是的 |
[09:54] | You’re in a long-distance relationship | 你正和一个可爱的胖女人 |
[09:56] | With a lovely heavy woman. | 玩远程恋爱 |
[09:57] | Watch your back, new boy. | 小心点 新人 |
[10:03] | She’s coming out of her meeting. | 她散会出来了 |
[10:05] | Give this file to her. | 把文件给她 |
[10:14] | Wilhelmina… | 威廉敏娜 |
[10:16] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[10:19] | So victoria hartley told you about south dakota. | 维多利亚·哈特利告诉过你南达科他州的事 |
[10:22] | She told me her husband got you pregnant. | 她跟我说 她老公把你肚子搞大 |
[10:25] | I assume that’s the same story. | 我估计这俩是一个故事 |
[10:28] | I was pregnant by my husband’s best friend. | 我是被我丈夫最好的朋友搞大过肚子 |
[10:31] | I had a very difficult decision to make. | 我当时很难决定 |
[10:34] | I left the city and i… | 我离开城市然后 |
[10:36] | Terminated the pregnancy. | 我去流产了 |
[10:39] | Bradford and cal never knew. | 布拉德福和卡尔永远不会知道 |
[10:40] | But all the lying drove me to have a nervous breakdown. | 但所有的谎言 让我精神崩溃 |
[10:44] | It took me a year to recover. | 我花了一年时间才恢复 |
[10:47] | Mm. I love our girl talk. | 我喜欢我们女人间的私话 |
[10:49] | So I suspect there’s a reason why you don’t want cal | 我认为你不想卡尔知道你的艰难决定 |
[10:53] | To know about your difficult decision. | 肯定有原因 |
[10:56] | I could see how he might hate you. | 我可以发现他有多恨你 |
[10:59] | What do you want, wilhelmina? | 你想要什么 威廉敏娜 |
[11:01] | I want you to step down | 我要你立刻收手 |
[11:04] | As senior vice president of meade, | 从米德高级副总的位置上撤下 |
[11:07] | And keep your big dandelion head | 让你巨大的蒲公英头 |
[11:09] | Out of any “mode” business. | 离开风尚的一切事务 |
[11:15] | Oh, claire, you know what might be fun? | 克莱尔 你知道怎样才好玩吗 |
[11:17] | If you announce your resignation at the mama awards. | 如果你在妈妈奖晚会上宣布你退休 |
[11:20] | Seems appropriate. | 那最好不过了 |
[11:24] | Don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[11:25] | I didn’t think it was possible | 我认为一个人 |
[11:28] | For a human being to exist | 是不可能 |
[11:30] | And not have one ounce of humanity, | 没有尊严地活着的 |
[11:34] | But there you are. | 可你就是这样的人 |
[11:37] | Why, claire, you flatter me. | 为什么 克莱尔 你这是夸我呢 |
[11:47] | Methinks ye olde claire is vanquished | 依我看来老克莱儿 被打败了 |
[11:51] | yes, we have conquered our enemy once again. | 对 我们又一次击退敌人了 |
[11:54] | It seems like | 这似乎是 |
[11:55] | This will be our last conquest together. | 我们最后一次并肩作战了 |
[11:58] | I guess it is. | 我也觉得是 |
[11:59] | We’ve had a lot of good times together. oh. | 我们曾有过很多美好时光 |
[12:01] | Remember breaking into that safe | 记得去打开保险柜 |
[12:04] | To steal bradford’s will? | 偷布拉德福的遗嘱吗 |
[12:08] | Oh, that was the best. | 那次最棒了 |
[12:10] | No. the best was having christina accused | 不 最棒的是让克里斯蒂娜因为 |
[12:12] | Of kidnapping her own baby. | 绑架自己的孩子而成为被告 |
[12:14] | Wait, you’re forgetting the fact | 等等 你都忘了那次 |
[12:16] | The we stole the sperm from bradford’s cold, dead body | 我们在太平间 从布拉德福冰冷的尸体里 |
[12:19] | In the first place. | 偷精子 |
[12:21] | Oh, good times. | 美好时光 |
[12:23] | Oh. we really should be in jail. | 我们真该去坐牢 |
[12:26] | Marc, I know I always haven’t been… | 马克 我知道一直以来我都还没有 |
[12:29] | Forthcoming with my praise for you. | 对你大加赞赏过 |
[12:31] | I just want you to know that, uh… | 我只是想让你知道 |
[12:34] | I’m really… | 我真的 |
[12:36] | Going to miss you. | 会想念你的 |
[12:41] | Oh, my g–oh! | 老天 |
[12:48] | Um, wilhelmina. | 威廉敏娜 |
[12:52] | I-i just wanted you to know | 我只是来通知您 |
[12:53] | That penny’s memorial’s about to start. | 佩妮的追悼会马上开始了 |
[12:57] | Oh, uh, marc, before you go, | 马克 在你走之前 |
[12:59] | I want to talk to you about something. | 我要告诉你一些事 |
[13:08] | So is that really the best picture | 这真的是你找到的 |
[13:09] | You could find? | 最好的照片了吗 |
[13:10] | It’s the one where she was happiest. | 这张是她最开心的 |
[13:13] | Oh–matt. hello. | 马特 你好 |
[13:16] | Hey, how’s it going? | 怎么样了 |
[13:17] | Uh, pretty crazy. | 挺疯狂 |
[13:18] | Yeah, I’ll bet. | 是 我就猜到 |
[13:20] | Hey, listen, I know you’re busy, | 我知道你很忙 |
[13:21] | But before everything happened, | 但是在此之前 |
[13:23] | You were gonna tell me something. | 你打算跟我说什么事情的 |
[13:25] | No, no. it was nothing. | 不 不 没什么 |
[13:29] | Really? ’cause it sounded pretty important. | 真的吗 听上去还挺重要的 |
[13:32] | No, it was about the move. | 不 是搬过来住的事 |
[13:34] | Um, listen, matt, uh, | 听着 马特 |
[13:35] | The memorial is just about to start. | 追悼会就要开始了 |
[13:37] | So could we talk about this later? | 我们能等会儿再谈吗 |
[13:39] | Sure. | 当然 |
[13:45] | Oh, my god. a ghost. | 偶滴神啊 鬼来了 |
[13:46] | I’m not a ghost, dumbass. I’m her twin sister. | 蠢货 我不是鬼 我是她的双胞胎姐姐 |
[13:51] | Oh. oh, I am so, so sorry about your sister. | 对你姐姐的死 真是抱歉 |
[13:54] | We all… | 我们都是 |
[13:56] | Worked with her. | 她的同事 |
[13:59] | You must be Mindy. | 你一定明迪 |
[14:01] | Wow. you really do look– I know. | 你看起来真的 我明白 |
[14:03] | Penny got the looks, and I got the personality. | 佩妮长得好 我性格好 |
[14:07] | Well, we’re so glad you could make it. | 我们很高兴你能过来 |
[14:10] | We were just happy to have an opportunity | 能为你妹妹默哀 |
[14:12] | To pay tribute to your sister. | 我们感到很庆幸 |
[14:13] | Ok lets get this doll and tony show on the road | 好了 这个可爱时尚秀开始了 |
[14:16] | – I have a 4:00 eyelash tint. – who had the latte? | -我4点要去做睫毛 -谁要拿铁咖啡 |
[14:19] | Oh, thank god. coffee. | 谢天谢地 有咖啡 |
[14:25] | Hello. hi. | 你好 |
[14:26] | Everybody, thank you so much for coming. um… | 谢谢大家的光临 |
[14:31] | God, there’s so much to say about Penny Meadows. | 对佩妮·梅多斯 我们有太多话要说 |
[14:34] | She was part of the “mode” family. | 她是《风尚》杂志社的一份子 |
[14:38] | Excuse me. sorry. Could we maybe not | 对不起 打扰一下 有人在说话时 |
[14:40] | make blended drinks while people are talking? | 可以不要用搅拌机吗 |
[14:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:44] | Uh, so even though we all didn’t know her… | 尽管我们对她都不是很了解 |
[14:47] | The–the way we wanted to know her… | 但我们还是想要去了解 |
[14:50] | We’ll miss her. | 我们会想念她 |
[14:52] | Is there anyone else who’d like to share their thoughts? | 还有人愿意上来谈谈你的想法吗 |
[14:55] | I have something I’d like to say. | 我有话要说 |
[14:59] | Good. | 很好 |
[15:03] | I’m saddened, as everyone is, | 我和大家一样伤心 |
[15:06] | By the sudden death of Penny Meadows. | 佩妮·梅多斯的突然死亡 |
[15:09] | The only way to make… sense of this tragedy | 在这悲痛下 唯一能做的就是 |
[15:12] | Is to ensure that her legacy lives on. | 确保她的遗志长存 |
[15:15] | That will be my goal | 这将成为我的目标 |
[15:16] | As the newest feature editor at “mode” magazine. | 接任《风尚》杂志的新专题编辑 |
[15:21] | What?! no way. that’s my job. | 什么 没门 这是我的工作 |
[15:23] | – this news you lose Betty – I did this news | -这轮你输了 消息比我晚 -我先获知消息的 |
[15:25] | I went after her job the second she died. oh. | 她一死 我就接管了她的工作 |
[15:27] | Is this still about my sister?! | 到底是不是追悼我妹妹 |
[15:39] | You can stare all you want, Marc. | 小马 你尽可能地盯住我吧 |
[15:41] | I’m not giving in. Daniel gave me this promotion. | 我绝不妥协 丹尼尔给了我这次升职的机会 |
[15:44] | And wilhelmina gave me the promotion. | 威廉敏娜也给了我这个机会 |
[15:46] | Yeah. aren’t you going to “vogue”? | 你不准备去《Vogue》了吗 |
[15:48] | I passed when Willie reminded me | 我通过面试时威姐提醒我 |
[15:50] | How much I was needed at “mode,” | 《风尚》有多么需要我 |
[15:52] | Which everyone here agrees with. yeah. | 这里的每一个人都同意这点 |
[15:54] | How could you be on his side? | 你怎么能站在他那边 |
[15:56] | Amanda, I took you in when you had nowhere to live. | 阿曼达 你无家可归的时候是我收留了你 |
[15:59] | That’s because you wanted me for your ponzi scheme. | 那是因为你想让我加入你的庞氏骗局 |
[16:02] | You mean the Ponzi Scheme where I paid your rent | 你是指你遭遇了庞氏骗局后 我帮你付了房租 |
[16:03] | – you went out shopping? – Yeah, I want my money back. | -而你却自己跑出去购物的事 -是的 还我的钱来 |
[16:08] | Scram. | 暂停 |
[16:11] | It seems that the only thing that we can agree on | 看来我们俩唯一赞同的一件事 |
[16:12] | Is that you’re both qualified for the job. | 就是你们俩都有资格得到这份工作 |
[16:14] | Unfortunately, there’s only one position as editor. | 不幸的是 编辑的职位只有一个 |
[16:18] | So here’s what we’re gonna do– | 所以 我们唯一能做的就是 |
[16:20] | We’re making copies of Penny’s hard drive– | 我们会复制下佩妮的硬碟里 |
[16:22] | All her research on the Yves Saint Laurent article. | 所有她搜集的关于伊夫.圣罗兰的文章 |
[16:24] | you’ll take what she’s done and prepare it for publication. | 由你们接受她的工作 为刊登作好准备 |
[16:27] | Whoever does best gets the job. | 做得好的 得到这个职位 |
[16:30] | The loser gets fired. | 输家就会被炒掉 |
[16:31] | – The loser stays an assistant. – not as interesting, but ok. | -输的人继续做助理 -不是很感兴趣 不过可以 |
[16:35] | Any questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[16:36] | No. | 没有 |
[16:42] | I guess we’re on. | 我想 我们开战了 |
[16:44] | We certainly are. | 那是肯定的 |
[16:55] | It’s from Laguardia. | 拉瓜迪来的信 |
[16:56] | – The airport? – The school of the performing arts. | -拉瓜迪机场吗 -表演艺术学院 |
[17:00] | I can’t open it. | 我不敢打开 |
[17:01] | I can’t. | 我不敢 |
[17:08] | “thank you for your application.” | 感谢您申请本校 |
[17:11] | “unfortunately, we’re unable to accommodate you | 不幸的是 下一学年 |
[17:13] | For the upcoming school year.” | 我们无法录取你 |
[17:16] | What? | 什么 |
[17:17] | Sorry, mijo. | 抱歉 孩子 |
[17:18] | – They’re idiots! – Hey, the good news is, it says | -他们是笨蛋 -他们说了 |
[17:20] | You can try out again next year. | 你明年还可以继续尝试 这是好消息 |
[17:22] | I don’t want to go next year. | 我不想明年去上 |
[17:24] | Yeah, I know, Justin, but look at this way– | 是的 我知道 贾斯丁 不过你要这么看 |
[17:25] | You know how many times | 你知道在我这次赢得竞选之前 |
[17:26] | I ran for city council before I won? | 我一共参加了多少次城市理事会竞选吗 |
[17:28] | Things that are worth it, sometimes, they–they take time. | 有些事情值得一再努力 有时候 他们会很费时 |
[17:35] | I… I-I just wanted to go now. | 我…我只想现在就去 |
[17:43] | You’re gonna win this. | 这次你一定要赢 |
[17:44] | I wouldn’t have agreed to it if you weren’t. | 如果你赢不了 我可不答应啊 |
[17:45] | There isn’t a chance in hell | 小马休想做得比你好 |
[17:47] | Marc is gonna turn in a piece better than yours. | 他一点机会都没有 |
[17:49] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[18:01] | Is that your family? | 那是你的家人吗 |
[18:02] | No, Amanda, they’re birds. | 不 阿曼达 这是鸟儿 |
[18:04] | And apparently the only thing on Penny’s hard drive. | 显然这是佩妮的电脑里仅存的资料 |
[18:07] | Where are her notes? | 她的笔记在哪 |
[18:09] | Well, they wouldn’t be on there. | 不会在这儿的 |
[18:10] | Penny always worked from home. | 佩妮总是在家工作 |
[18:12] | She only ever came in if she needed | 她甚至都不会过来上班 除非她急需用 |
[18:13] | Those ugly yellow pads from the supply closet | 那些储物柜里的丑陋的黄色纸 |
[18:16] | Or to take a quick whore’s bath in the ladies room. | 或者在女厕所洗个快速的事后澡 |
[18:19] | Thank you, Amanda. | 谢谢你 阿曼达 |
[18:24] | Do you want to get some lunch? | 想出来吃个中饭吗 |
[18:28] | So I think most of penny’s research | 所以我认为 佩妮的大多数资料 |
[18:30] | Is in her apartment. | 都放在她的公寓里了 |
[18:31] | I was going to go by, see if I can get in. | 我要去拜访下 看看能否拿到手 |
[18:33] | Well, it sounds like you have a good handle on things. | 听起来是你很拿手的事情 |
[18:35] | So did, uh, Henry and his girlfriend get off okay? | 亨利和她女朋友走得还顺利吗 |
[18:39] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[18:42] | You, uh, see him again before he left? | 他离开前你又去见他了吗 |
[18:47] | I did, briefly, but it wasn’t a big deal. | 简短地见了一面 没什么的 |
[18:53] | Really? it seemed like a big deal. | 真的 看上去很有什么 |
[18:55] | I saw you. you kissed him. | 我看到你们了 你吻了他 |
[18:58] | Right here in this park, you kissed him, | 就在这个公园里 你吻了他 |
[19:00] | And I have given you every opportunity | 我给了你这么多次机会 |
[19:02] | To tell me the truth, but you didn’t. | 告诉我真相 但你不说 |
[19:04] | You’ve just been lying to me. | 你就这么一直骗着我 |
[19:06] | – I haven’t been lying to you, Matt. – maybe not directly. | -我没有一直骗着你 马特 -好吧 也许不是直接的 |
[19:08] | It’s not like I said, | 这又不是我在问你说 |
[19:10] | “hey, Betty, I know you’re my girlfriend, | 贝蒂 我知道你是我女朋友 |
[19:11] | I just want to know, have you kissed anyone this week?” | 我只想知道 你这周吻过其他人吗 |
[19:13] | ’cause that’s not usually a question boyfriends have to ask. | 因为通常没有哪个男友会这么问的 |
[19:16] | It didn’t mean anything. I swear. | 这个吻没有任何其他意思 我发誓 |
[19:18] | – I-I was just saying good-bye to him. – I don’t believe you. | -我只是在跟他告别 -我不相信你 |
[19:21] | Matt, please. Can we just talk about this? | 马特 求你了 我们谈谈吧 |
[19:24] | That is what I’ve wanted to do ever since I stood there | 从我站在这儿 看着你吻他 而我的心荡到谷底的那刻起 |
[19:26] | With my heart in my socks watching you kiss him. | 一直就很想跟你谈谈 |
[19:29] | Look, don’t you know how I feel about you? | 难道你不知道我对你是什么样的感情吗 |
[19:31] | don’t you know that I’d never kiss someone else, ever? | 难道你不知道我永远不会吻别人了 永远 |
[19:33] | I’m sorry. It just happened. it means nothing. | 对不起 它就这么发生了 这不代表什么的 |
[19:37] | – You have to trust me. – How? | – 你得相信我 -你让我怎么信你 |
[19:39] | I opened up to you, I wanted us to move in together, | 我对你敞开心扉 我想跟你住在一起 |
[19:41] | And this is what you do to me? I… | 这就是你为我做的吗 我… |
[19:46] | Matt. | 马特 |
[19:58] | Hilda, I lied to him, and you told me to. | 希尔达 我骗了他 你让我这么做的 |
[20:01] | But you were protecting his feelings. | 但你只是在保护他而已啊 |
[20:03] | Yeah, that distinction was kind of lost on him. | 是啊 差别在于他不是这么想的 |
[20:05] | A year ago, everything was so clear. | 一年前 一切都很明确 |
[20:07] | I wanted my own place in the city. I wanted a promotion. | 我想在城里有处自己的地方 我想要升职 |
[20:10] | The last thing I wanted was a boyfriend. | 交男朋友是最次要的事情 |
[20:13] | And now it’s all I can think about. | 现在 我却满脑子都在想他 |
[20:15] | Okay, you gotta listen to me. | 好了 你好好听着 |
[20:17] | Matt needs time to cool off, and you cannot screw up | 马特需要些时间冷静一下 你不能搞砸 |
[20:20] | Something that you’ve been working for the past few years | 你一直以来想做的工作 |
[20:22] | how am I supposed to think about work right now? | 我现在应该怎样搞定工作呢 |
[20:24] | Mama, you have to. | 你必须做好 妈妈奖 |
[20:32] | Focus. | 集中注意 |
[20:33] | No, listen to me, you tell Dave | 听我说 你告诉大卫 |
[20:35] | I want those prints on my desk by this afternoon, | 今天下午之前我要拿到那些文件 |
[20:37] | Or we’re taking our business someplace else. | 或者我们办公的其他地方 |
[20:39] | It’s not negotiable. | 这没有商量的余地 |
[20:43] | You’re sexy when you get all bossy boots. | 你拿着牛皮靴 看上去很性感 |
[20:49] | What? | 什么 |
[20:50] | You have been working so hard | 你那么努力工作 |
[20:52] | Taking care of “mode” and me. | 管理《风尚》 照顾我 |
[20:54] | I thought a romantic meal might force you | 我想浪漫一餐也许会让你 |
[20:56] | To take time out to enjoy yourself. | 抽身享受一下自由的时光 |
[20:58] | Plus, I need your opinion on my dress | 还有 谈谈对这套裙子的看法 |
[21:01] | For the mama awards. | 这是为妈妈奖准备的 |
[21:03] | What do you think? | 觉得怎样 |
[21:04] | I think lunch… is gonna have to wait. | 我觉得午餐 要推迟一下了 |
[21:08] | But it’ll get cold. | 会凉掉的 |
[21:09] | I don’t care. it’s not negotiable. | 我不在乎 这不能让步 |
[21:18] | You’re here? | 你在这儿 |
[21:21] | No, you’re here. | 不是吧 你也在 |
[21:23] | I call the apartment! | 先到先得 |
[21:24] | No, no. you can’t call the apartment. | 不 不 你不能占着这房子 |
[21:26] | We’re both entitled to the same information. | 我们拿到了一样的题目 |
[21:30] | Great. making up rules as we go along. | 很好 约法三章 独立行动 |
[21:33] | Well, we’re both here. we need the research. | 我们都在这 我们需要调查 |
[21:35] | What have you found? | 你发现了什么 |
[21:36] | Nothing. just boxes and boxes of menthol cigarettes, | 没什么 只是成箱成箱的薄荷香烟 |
[21:40] | Vintage porn, | 古老的黄色书刊 |
[21:42] | More menthol cigarettes. | 还有很多的薄荷香烟 |
[21:45] | We are never gonna find anything in here. | 我们不可能找到什么 |
[21:47] | Nothing except for more of these female jock straps. | 什么都没有 除了还有很多女性包扎物 |
[21:51] | – Bras, Marc. – Whatever. | -小马 那叫胸罩 -不管叫什么 |
[21:52] | I allowed myself to get beat up all through high school | 整个高中我一直忍气吞声 |
[21:54] | So I wouldn’t have to handle things like this. | 我就再也不用处理这种事了 |
[21:57] | God, she really did like beef jerky, didn’t she? | 天哪 她正的很喜欢牛肉干 是吗 |
[22:00] | Oh! that’s the other smell on her breath. | 她口气里另外种味道就是这个 |
[22:03] | What are you two dinks doing here? | 你俩在这搞什么鬼 |
[22:05] | Mindy, hi. | 你好 明迪 |
[22:07] | How are you? | 您安好吗 |
[22:08] | I just had a pap smear, | 我刚做了子宫颈切片检查 |
[22:10] | I stepped in poo on the subway, | 走地道时踩到了屎 |
[22:11] | And my sister’s dead. how do you think I am? | 然后我姐姐死了 你觉得我好吗 |
[22:14] | In need of a hug. | 你需要个拥抱 |
[22:16] | Betty, hug her. | 贝蒂 去抱她 |
[22:19] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. back off. | 后退 |
[22:20] | Got a real lezzie vibe off you the minute I met ya. | 把你女同性恋的表情收回去 |
[22:24] | What? it wasn’t enough to ruin my sister’s memorial? | 怎么了 你们在我姐姐追悼会上没闹够吗 |
[22:26] | You have to come in here and wreck her apartment, too? | 你一定要来这里 把她的公寓也毁了吗 |
[22:28] | Mindy, we’re just looking for anything | 明迪 我们只是在找些 |
[22:31] | On your sister’s Yves Saint Laurent piece. | 能让你姐姐安息的物品 |
[22:32] | And we want to put it together and publish it in “mode.” | 我们想整合一下后 在《风尚》发布出来 |
[22:36] | For Penny. | 为了佩妮 |
[22:37] | Our penny. | 大家的佩妮 |
[22:51] | Is this what you’re looking for? | 这就是你要找的吗 |
[22:55] | maybe. | 也许 |
[22:56] | Amanda said yellow. | 阿曼达说是黄色的 |
[22:57] | – No, no, no. what are you doing? – no! | – 不 不 不要 你在做什么 -不 |
[23:03] | Penny hated “mode.” | 佩妮痛恨《风尚》 |
[23:04] | Now get out! | 现在滚出去 |
[23:09] | To Penny… | 敬佩妮 |
[23:10] | Hater of pigeons, lover of vintage porn. | 鸽子终结者 黄色书刊的爱好者 |
[23:19] | Today really has been the worst day. | 今天真的是有史以来最糟的一天 |
[23:22] | Ugh. Matt hates me, this assignment is a dead end, | 马特讨厌我 这个任务也胎死腹中 |
[23:25] | And I am so mad at daniel. | 我还对丹尼尔大发脾气 |
[23:28] | I know. he is such an idiot. | 我就知道 他真是个傻子 |
[23:31] | What the hell is wrong with Wilhelmina? | 威廉米娜见鬼的哪根筋搭错了 |
[23:33] | I know. daniel is such an idiot. | 我就知道 丹尼尔就是个傻子 |
[23:36] | it’s not like you haven’t already given her | 你为她奉献了一切 |
[23:37] | Your blood, sweat and tears. | 你的热血 汗水和眼泪 |
[23:39] | I have practically cut arteries open for that woman. | 我在那女人面前把心都挖出来过 |
[23:43] | You know who I think the real idiots are? The two of you. | 你觉得我认为真正的傻子是谁吗 你们两位 |
[23:46] | You’re a mean drunk. | 你这醉鬼不厚道 |
[23:47] | Seriously. you are such whiners. | 说真的 你们真的是怨声载道 |
[23:50] | Not to mention, you are totally letting me down. | 更不必说 你们完全让我很扫兴 |
[23:52] | If one of you freak shows doesn’t pull ahead, | 如果你们中的没有一个胜者 |
[23:54] | Then who am I supposed to glom on to? | 那我应该站在谁那边 |
[23:57] | And yes, I bring the pretty and the sparkly… | 是的 魅力和闪耀是来自于我 |
[24:00] | But shockingly, sometimes that’s not enough. | 但是可怕的是 有些时候还不够 |
[24:04] | And, you know, Marc, with your brains, | 你知道 小马 用你的脑袋 |
[24:05] | And, betty, with your aztec build, | 贝蒂 用你的古墨西哥思维 |
[24:07] | There is nothing the two of you can’t do. | 没有什么你们做不到的 |
[24:10] | So what are we supposed to do? | 那我们应该怎么做呢 |
[24:11] | I don’t know. I’m so drunk… | 我不知道 我喝太醉了 |
[24:14] | My jockstrap is starting to dig in. | 我的包扎物戴的有些难受 |
[24:17] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[24:22] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[24:23] | About what? I didn’t follow any of that. | 说了什么 我一句也没听进 |
[24:26] | Marc, we can do anything. | 小马 我们是无敌的 |
[24:29] | We just have to join forces. | 只要我们能合作 |
[24:32] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[24:38] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[24:42] | Our letters of resignation. | 我们的辞职信 |
[24:46] | Resigning? | 辞职吗 |
[24:47] | What about the article? | 那文章怎么办 |
[24:48] | – It flew out the window. – like penny herself. | -飞出了窗外 -就像佩妮一样 |
[24:51] | Look, we are both worthy of this position. | 听着 我们都能胜任这个职位 |
[24:53] | So we’re doing what any good editor should do | 所以尽了一切优秀的编辑该做的本份 |
[24:56] | Presenting you with strong options. | 请做出最后的抉择 |
[24:58] | – It’s either marc – or betty. | -不是小马 -就是贝蒂 |
[25:01] | Unless you want both of our resignations, | 除非你要我们俩都辞职 |
[25:02] | You have to decide who gets promoted to editor | 你们必须决定谁能升职为 |
[25:05] | Of a fashion magazine. | 时尚杂志的编辑 |
[25:07] | A features editor. | 专题编辑 |
[25:08] | Of a fashion magazine. | 在时尚杂志 |
[25:10] | – Enough. – Give us some time to discuss. | -够了 -给我们点时间讨论一下 |
[25:13] | You are dismissed. | 你不用考虑了 |
[25:21] | That was terrifying. did I seem terrified? | 那太吓人了 我看上去受惊吓了吗 |
[25:23] | I was terrified. | 我被吓到了 |
[25:24] | I’m still shaking. it was good, though. | 虽然还好 但是我还是在颤抖 |
[25:26] | I feel strangely empowered. | 我感到奇怪的权利纠纷 |
[25:28] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[25:28] | To see Matt. wish me luck. | 去见马特 祝我好运 |
[25:38] | Hi. | 你好 |
[25:39] | – Can we talk? – I don’t know if I’m ready. | -我们能谈谈吗 -我还没心理准备 |
[25:41] | Matt, please just listen to me. | 马特 拜托 只要听我说 |
[25:43] | I made a mistake, | 我犯了个错误 |
[25:45] | And I should’ve just told you what happened, but I didn’t, | 我本应该告诉你发生了什么 但我没有 |
[25:47] | And I’m sorry, and if I could go back and change it, | 我很抱歉 如果时间倒流能改变过去 |
[25:50] | I would, but I can’t. | 我会去改变 但不行 |
[25:52] | All I can tell you is that I love you | 我所能告诉你的就是 我爱你 |
[25:55] | And I want to be with you. | 还有 我要和你在一起 |
[25:58] | I don’t think we should just throw this all away. | 我认为我们不应该抛开这一切 |
[26:04] | I have to get to class. | 我要去上课了 |
[26:07] | Here’s a ticket to the mama awards. | 这是妈妈奖的入场券 |
[26:13] | I hope you’ll come. | 我期望你回来 |
[26:28] | Oh, no. I forgot. have you seen my note cards? | 我忘了 你见到我的演讲小条了吗 |
[26:30] | Don’t tell me | 别告诉我 |
[26:31] | You’re one of those guys who goes up there all modest, | 你也是那种故作谦虚的提名人 |
[26:34] | Then has a prepared speech, | 拿着准备好的演讲词上去演讲 |
[26:35] | – like you knew you were gonna win. – look, you were right. | -确信自己会赢 -你说的对 |
[26:38] | It’s a big deal. | 这是件大事 |
[26:39] | I mean, think about it. what if we win? | 想想 如果我们赢了呢 |
[26:41] | I don’t want to look like a deer in the headlights. | 我不希望我看上去手足无措 |
[26:46] | I’m glad it’s important to you. | 我很高兴 它对你重要 |
[26:53] | You’re warm. | 你很热啊 |
[26:56] | Your fever’s back. Molly | 你又发烧了 莫莉 |
[26:58] | I’m fine. I’m just a little tired. | 我没事 只是有些累了 |
[27:00] | No, we’re both staying home. | 我们一直待在房里 |
[27:01] | I’m gonna go cancel the limo right now. | 今晚的典礼我不去了 |
[27:03] | honey, this is your night. | 亲爱的 今夜对你很重要 |
[27:05] | And I will not be the reason you miss it. | 我不想你因为我而错过 |
[27:07] | -But it’s more – I’ll make you a deal. | -这样值得 -乖乖听话 |
[27:09] | Your award’s later in the presentation, right? | 一会儿你会得奖 是吗 |
[27:11] | – Yeah. – So you go, I’ll take a nap, | -是的 -你先去 我小睡一会 |
[27:15] | And then I’ll meet you there in time for your category. | 到你领奖时我一定在场 |
[27:20] | Save me a seat. | 给我留个位子 |
[27:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:28] | But I’m having the nurse come by to check on you. | 随后我叫护士给你检查 |
[27:48] | Suzuki st. pierre reporting | 铃木·圣皮埃尔现场报道 |
[27:50] | From the mother of all publishing award shows… | 出版界颁奖典礼 |
[27:52] | The mamas. | “妈妈奖” |
[27:53] | Tensions are high and faces are pulled | 现场气氛紧张 明星云集 |
[27:55] | As we wonder who will go home with a mama | 谁最终把妈妈奖捧回家呢 |
[27:58] | And who will go home to feel self-worth | 谁将回家自娱自乐 |
[28:00] | With booze, pills, internet sex and trans fats. | 畅饮 嗑药 网交迷情 |
[28:03] | Or as I call it, thursdays. | 或者像我周四说的那样 |
[28:08] | Looking forward to your big announcement. | 期待你的重大宣布 |
[28:14] | Oh, look. | 看哪 |
[28:15] | Somebody’s been picking through liz hurley’s old rags | 有人穿着丽兹·赫利的抹布衫 |
[28:17] | From 1994 | 1994年款 |
[28:19] | Oh, my god. | 太棒了 |
[28:20] | He just said I look exactly like liz hurley. | 他说我像丽兹·赫利(英国名模) |
[28:22] | Yeah, go with that. | 是的 继续保持 |
[28:24] | And there’s evelia avila. | 那是埃维莉·阿维拉(歌星) |
[28:28] | I’m sorry. oh, my god! | 对不起 天哪 |
[28:30] | Antonio sabato jr. | 小安东尼奥·萨巴图 |
[28:32] | Aunt betty, didn’t you have | 贝蒂姨 |
[28:33] | A dream with him the other night? | 那晚你不是梦到和他 |
[28:35] | -J…uh, justin. -what was that dream? | -贾斯廷 -什么梦 |
[28:37] | it was nothing. | 没什么 |
[28:39] | Aunt betty, tell him about the hot dog. | 贝蒂姨 告诉他热狗的事情嘛 |
[28:41] | god, it’s good to meet you. | 回见 |
[28:43] | Stop. that was fun. | 闭嘴 那太可笑了 |
[28:47] | Did it cheer you up? | 你高兴了 |
[28:48] | Yeah. I mean, I’ll never have a career like his | 是的 我和他那行无缘 |
[28:51] | Because I didn’t get into the performing arts school, | 因为我去不了艺校 |
[28:53] | -But I could always be a plumber. -justin. | -但我可以当个水管工 -贾斯廷 |
[28:56] | Aunt betty, I’m fine. | 贝蒂姨 我很好 |
[28:59] | – I’m just happy you brought me here. – betty! | -谢谢你能带我来 -贝蒂 |
[29:02] | Hey, you, betty’s son, come with me to the swag room. | 小家伙 跟我去礼品屋 |
[29:04] | – I want to get two bags. – okay. | -帮我拿两个袋子 -好的 |
[29:12] | I didn’t know you were coming tonight, matt. | 马特 没想到你会来 |
[29:14] | I wasn’t. I came to see betty. | 你误会了 我来找贝蒂 |
[29:18] | Everything all right, son? | 出什么事了吗 |
[29:23] | I don’t know how I didn’t get in. | 想不通为什么不录取我 |
[29:24] | I mean, how do you beat a monologue from “equus” | 你怎么可以拒绝用《马属》和《悲惨世界》 |
[29:27] | And 16 bars from “les mis”? | 参选的侯选人 |
[29:29] | You’re great, kid. they made a mistake. | 你是好样的 他们没眼光 |
[29:31] | Well, like everyone says, there’s always next year. | 就像每个人说的 明年还有机会 |
[29:34] | – But the problem is this year, right? – yeah. | -问题是今年没录取 -是的 |
[29:36] | You’re about to start public high school in queens | 你即将去皇后区的公立学校 |
[29:39] | And you’re afraid that it’s going to suck, right? | 担心前途变得渺茫 是吗 |
[29:42] | Pretty much. | 完全正确 |
[29:45] | It might. | 很有可能 |
[29:48] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[29:50] | I don’t always fit in with new people. | 我不太善于交际 |
[29:52] | And I thought that laguardia would have more people… | 而拉瓜迪那里有很多人 |
[29:56] | You know, that… | 你懂的 |
[29:59] | Like the same things that I like. | 与我同类的人 |
[30:02] | Right. | 是的 |
[30:05] | Well… this may shock you, | 你可能会不爽 |
[30:07] | But yours truly | 但希望你 |
[30:09] | Is a product of a public high school, | 在公立学校有所收获 |
[30:13] | And I think I’m pretty great. | 相信自己是最优秀的 |
[30:15] | The trick, I think, is to find your niche. | 相信你能找到自己的位置 |
[30:18] | And if you can’t find one… | 如果找不到 |
[30:23] | Make one. | 自己创造 |
[30:31] | Maybe I have been too hard on her, dad. | 也许我对她太苛刻了 |
[30:33] | I mean, she was kissing him good-bye. | 那个吻或许只是道别而已 |
[30:34] | I should be able to let that go, right? | 应该随它去 是吗 |
[30:40] | What? | 什么意思 |
[30:41] | Did I ever tell you about my first motorcycle? | 我说过第一辆摩托车的故事吗 |
[30:44] | It was a 1955 norton dominator. | 它是1995年诺顿公司的主打 |
[30:47] | I got if for 50 bucks used, but it just went like stink. | 只要50美元 但它很棒 |
[30:51] | – Okay. – and I’ve had a lot of cycles since then, | -然后呢 -之后我有很多车 |
[30:54] | But I never loved any of ’em like I loved that old girl. | 都感觉不如第一辆好 |
[30:58] | I get it. | 懂了 |
[30:59] | I’m fancier, but henry runs like stink. | 我再好也比不过亨利 |
[31:02] | All I’m saying is, | 总之 |
[31:04] | You will always be competing with that first motorcycle, | 你在与她的初恋竞争 |
[31:09] | Especially if it’s shoving its tongue | 尤其是他的舌吻 |
[31:11] | Down your girlfriend’s throat. | 深入到你女友的喉咙 |
[31:14] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知所措 |
[31:16] | I know. I’ve been there. | 我明白 我了解 |
[31:19] | But… I let myself | 我让自己 |
[31:22] | Just get good and mad | 乐观爽朗 |
[31:25] | And then I channeled that into work. | 将精力投入到工作里 |
[31:27] | It made me what I am today. | 于是有了今天的我 |
[31:30] | I don’t really have a job anymore. | 至今我还没有工作 |
[31:32] | You could. | 随时等候 |
[31:35] | DVD | Dvds? |
[31:37] | where are the hermes? where are the chanel watches? | 爱马仕 香奈儿手表在哪里 |
[31:40] | Dvds, seriously? they’re not even on blu-ray? | 这DVD 别开玩笑了 都不是蓝色镭射的 |
[31:43] | This should be a nice treat for you then. | 给你一个惊喜 |
[31:45] | Daniel’s acceptance speech. | 丹尼尔的致谢稿 |
[31:47] | So he’ll be tongue-tied, and you’ll take over. | 一会他舌头打结 你将出尽风头 |
[31:49] | See? I’m still your assistant for the moment. I do my job. | 怎么样 我依旧站在你这边 |
[31:52] | Nice. | 做得好 |
[31:53] | Wilhelmina, we need to talk. | 威廉敏娜 我们得谈谈 |
[31:55] | Hey, “air buddies.” | 《神犬小巴迪》(迪斯尼电影) |
[31:57] | – What is it, daniel? – well, we’ve been avoiding this all day. | -什么事 丹尼尔 -我们已经逃避这个问题一整天了 |
[31:59] | – We need to make a choice– marc or betty? – okay. marc. | -我们得做出选择了 马克还是贝蒂 -好吧 选马克 |
[32:02] | – Wilhelmina, come on. – you’re right. | -威廉敏娜 拜托 -你是对的 |
[32:06] | We are dealing with the fate of two people’s lives. | 我们正在决定两个人的命运 |
[32:10] | There’s only one fair way to do it. | 只有一种方法 能够公平解决 |
[32:16] | You want to flip a coin? | 你想靠掷硬币决定 |
[32:17] | Look, they’re both equally qualified, | 他们都很优秀 |
[32:19] | And neither of us are willing to budge. | 但我们都不愿做出让步 |
[32:21] | You have a better idea? | 你有更好的主意吗 |
[32:28] | Heads, it’s marc. tails, betty. | 头像一面是马克 背面是贝蒂 |
[32:50] | – I guess that’s it. – Yes, that’s it | -结果出来了 -是啊 出来了 |
[32:56] | And the nominees for photographer of the year are… | 以及年度摄影师提名是… |
[33:00] | Patrick demarchelier for “american vogue,” | 帕特里克.达马西乐 来自《Vogue》 |
[33:04] | oh, it’s happening. | 果真如此 |
[33:07] | I hope it’s not annie leibovitz. | 我多希望不是安妮.雷波威丝 |
[33:08] | I mean, I love her, but I’m bored. | 我是说 我喜欢她 但我厌倦了 |
[33:11] | Betty, can I talk to you? | 贝蒂 能和你谈谈吗? |
[33:14] | Yeah. I’ll be right back. | 好的 我一会就回来 |
[33:16] | And the mama goes to… | 接下来 妈妈奖属于… |
[33:17] | Annie leibovitz for “vanity fair.” | 安妮.雷波威丝 来自 《名利场》 |
[33:23] | So about the job… | 关于工作的事… |
[33:29] | Daniel, it’s…It’s fine. | 丹尼尔 说吧 没事的 |
[33:32] | I know it was a hard decision and– | 我知道 这让人难以抉择 但… |
[33:35] | It’s yours. | 它是你的了 |
[33:37] | You’re our newest features editor. | 你是我们的新专题编辑 |
[33:39] | What?! aah! | 什么 哇 |
[33:41] | Oh, my god! that’s amazing! | 我的天啊 我太激动了 |
[33:43] | Thank you! thank you! thank you! aah! | 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[33:45] | You scared the hell out of me. | 你吓了我一大跳 |
[33:47] | -I couldn’t really help myself. -my god. this is wonderful. | 但我实在控制不住 我的天啊 太棒了 |
[33:52] | I’m just glad you’re not going too far. | 我很高兴你不会离我太远 |
[34:05] | And the nominees | 接下来 |
[34:06] | For fashion magazine issue of the year are… | 是年度时尚杂志封面提名… |
[34:08] | There’s your category. let’s go. | 是你的奖项 我们走 |
[34:12] | “elle” for the spring fashion issue… | 《ELLE》 春季时尚封面 |
[34:16] | “gentlemen’s quarterly,” april 2008 issue… | 《绅士》 2008年4月号封面… |
[34:21] | And finally, “mode” magazine for their wedding issue. | 最后 是《风尚》杂志婚礼专辑的封面 |
[34:31] | And the mama goes to… | 妈妈奖属于… |
[34:34] | “mode” magazine. | 《风尚》杂志 |
[34:51] | Uh, thank you, everyone. | 谢谢大家 |
[34:55] | Oh, uh, sorry. | 啊 对不起 |
[35:07] | Maybe I should, uh… | 也许我应该 |
[35:10] | This award means so much… | 这个奖意义重大… |
[35:13] | So much to me personally. | 对我个人来说尤其如此 |
[35:16] | I mean, it’s not just the end product | 我是说 这不仅仅是 |
[35:19] | Of a-a… a lot of hard work. | 努力工作的成果 |
[35:21] | It’s, um… it’s a symbol… | 它具有象征意义 |
[35:25] | A symbol of love. | 象征着爱 |
[35:27] | You know, sometimes… | 有时候… |
[35:29] | We’re fated to meet certain people | 命中注定 我们会遇到某些人 |
[35:32] | Who, uh, can change our lives, | 那些能改变我们一生的人 |
[35:34] | People who really make a difference. | 那些真正有所作为的人 |
[35:38] | They make you a better person, | 他们使你变得更好 |
[35:40] | They push you to grow. | 他们使你成长 |
[35:42] | I’d just really like to share this award with everyone | 在这里 我想与那些曾经帮助过我的人 |
[35:45] | Who did this with me. | 分享这个奖 |
[35:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:51] | And to my wife molly… | 最后 我想对我太太莫莉说一句… |
[35:55] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[36:21] | That was beautiful. | 演讲太棒了 |
[36:23] | Thanks, betty. hey, where did molly go? | 谢谢 贝蒂 莫莉去哪了 |
[36:25] | I haven’t seen her. | 我没见到她 |
[36:27] | She was right next to you. | 她刚才就在你旁边 |
[36:28] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 我想你看错了 |
[36:30] | Betty, she was standing right next to you. | 贝蒂 他刚才就站在你的旁边 |
[36:32] | Daniel, I didn’t see her. are you okay? | 丹尼尔 我真的没见到她 你没事吧 |
[36:39] | Yeah. um… I’m gonna go. | 没事 我得走了 |
[36:48] | Great speech, wilhelmina. | 演讲很精彩 威廉敏娜 |
[36:51] | Speaking of speeches, | 谈到演讲 |
[36:52] | When are you announcing you’re stepping down? | 你准备什么时候宣布辞职 |
[36:55] | I’m not going to step down. | 我并没准备辞职 |
[36:57] | then I think it’s time hartley knew about your choice | 我想是时候 让哈特莱知道了你的选择了 |
[37:00] | Not to have his baby. | 没选他的宝贝儿子 |
[37:02] | I already know, and it’s none of your business. | 我早就知道了 而且这事跟你一点关系也没有 |
[37:07] | Cal and I have been talking, | 卡尔和我已经谈过了 |
[37:09] | And we decided | 并且我们决定 |
[37:10] | We need to reevaluate your role in the company. | 我们需要重新评估你在公司中的作用 |
[37:20] | I still don’t believe it. | 我还是不敢相信 |
[37:21] | Okay, we got the champagne and the cake ready. | 好吧 我们已经准备好蛋糕和香槟了 |
[37:24] | We’re very proud of you, mi amor. | 你是我们的骄傲 亲爱的 |
[37:25] | Why aren’t you home yet? yeah. | 你怎么还不回家 是啊 |
[37:27] | There’s just something I wanted to do first– | 我还有点事要处理一下 |
[37:30] | Stop by my new office. | 在我的新办公室好好待着 |
[37:33] | You’re getting everything you wanted. | 你已经实现了你的梦想 |
[37:36] | I am. I’ll see you at home. | 是啊 回家见 |
[37:40] | Matt… I’m so glad you’re here. | 马特 真高兴在这见到你 |
[37:43] | I mean, can you believe… | 你相信吗 |
[37:44] | betty, wait. I have to ask you something. | 贝蒂 等等 我有点事想问你 |
[37:47] | Okay. | 问吧 |
[37:48] | Do you still love him? | 你还爱他吗 |
[37:53] | So you do. | 你默认了 |
[37:57] | Matt… look, henry was my first love. | 马特 亨利是我的初恋 |
[38:00] | I guess there’s always gonna be | 我想 在我心里 |
[38:01] | A part of me that does, | 总会有一点他的影子 |
[38:02] | But… but that’s a part of my past. | 不过 那只是一小部分回忆 |
[38:07] | I mean… | 我的意思是… |
[38:09] | Don’t you feel that way about your first love? | 对于你的初恋 你没有这种感觉吗 |
[38:12] | The thing is, betty… | 事实上 贝蒂… |
[38:15] | You’re my first love. | 你是我的初恋 |
[38:21] | You told me all I needed to hear. | 该说的你全都说了 |
[38:23] | What are you saying? | 你到底什么意思 |
[38:27] | I’m saying… we’re over. | 我想说 我们结束了 |
[38:37] | What–what, that’s it? you’re just gonna walk away? | 什么 这就是你想说的 你就这么走了 |
[38:39] | I’m never gonna see you again? | 是不是我再也见不到你了 |
[38:41] | No, you’ll see me… every day. | 不 你天天都能看见我 |
[38:46] | My dad offered me a job at “mode,” | 我老爸给我在《风尚》找了份工作 |
[38:47] | And I’m gonna take it. | 我决定接受 |
[38:52] | I’m your new boss. | 我是你的新老板 |
[39:08] | I have never felt more alone. | 我从未感觉到如此孤独 |
[39:11] | It appears that my position at my own company | 我在自己公司的权位 |
[39:15] | Is being undermined. | 正在被一点点削弱 |
[39:17] | My company is all I have. | 公司就是我的全部 |
[39:20] | How can I help? | 我该怎么帮你 |
[39:22] | Well, the only way I can fix it | 想要起死回生 |
[39:23] | Is to get enough money to push out cal hartley. | 就是用足够的钱 把卡尔.哈特莱挤出去 |
[39:28] | And the only person I know with that kind of money… | 据我所知 唯一会有那笔钱的人 |
[39:31] | Is the man who stole it | 就是那位梁上君子 |
[39:39] | Connor owens. | 康纳.欧文 |
[39:41] | You want him alive? | 你想让他活着吗 |
[39:42] | As long as I get the money, I really don’t care. | 为了那笔钱 可以不惜一切代价 |
[40:06] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干吗 |
[40:37] | 南达科他州 领养证明 | |
[41:10] | 我需要你 丹尼尔 |