时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:21] | “Romeo, Romeo! | “罗密欧 罗密欧! |
[00:22] | Wherefore art thou Romeo?” | 为什么你偏偏是罗密欧呢?” |
[00:24] | Sorry, Dad. How old’s this sad weirdo supposed to be? | 抱歉 老爸 这个可悲的怪人多少岁? |
[00:28] | The maid be 13, my sweet. | 这个少女十三岁 亲爱的 |
[00:30] | Yeah, cos I’m 13. | 好吧 因为我十三岁 |
[00:32] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[00:33] | I thought it might be fun | 我觉得在一个身穿紧身胸衣 |
[00:34] | to hear my Juliet spoke | 里面挂着两个半个椰子的中年男人 |
[00:36] | in her true voice | 扮演这个角色之前 |
[00:36] | before a middle-aged man | 听听我的朱丽叶 |
[00:38] | with two half-coconuts down his bodice | 用自己美妙的声音说话 |
[00:39] | gets hold of it. | 可能会很有意思 |
[00:41] | I don’t say stuff like this, Dad. | 我才不会这么说话呢 爸爸 |
[00:43] | I’d sound like a complete turnip! | 我听起来跟一颗大头菜一样! |
[00:45] | Yes, dear. | 当然了 亲爱的 |
[00:46] | ‘Tis thy sweet and useful timbre I would feign here, | 在这段我要要求你用甜美而令人满意的音色 |
[00:49] | not the monosyllabic series | 而不是要你像平常说话那样 |
[00:50] | of grunts that passes for your conversation. | 全是单音节组成的 |
[00:53] | Oh, what?! | 哦 你说什么?! |
[00:55] | I take the view that having my romantic ingenue say, | 我觉得由我所创造的天真无邪的少女 说出 |
[00:58] | “Uhh, what, shut up, Romeo, | “什么 闭嘴 罗密欧 |
[01:01] | you’re so weird, uhh, shut up, I hate you,” | 你真奇怪 闭嘴 我恨你”这种话 |
[01:05] | would be slightly less effective | 无法媲美我所书写的永恒的诗歌 |
[01:08] | than mine own timeless poetry. | 难以令人印象深刻 |
[01:10] | Timeless is the word, | 永恒这个单词的意思 |
[01:12] | as in “Feels like goes on for bloody ever”. | 就是”感觉真他妈的没完没了” |
[01:16] | You’ve never given it a chance. | 你从来没好好了解过 |
[01:19] | You’ve only seen Henry VI, Part 1. | 你只看过亨利六世上部 |
[01:20] | Part 1? What, you mean there’s more?! | 上部? 你是说那玩意儿还有更多啊?! |
[01:25] | I mean, don’t take this wrong way, son, | 别会错意 儿子 |
[01:27] | but, God, I was bored! | 但是 天哪 我简直无聊至极! |
[01:31] | I thought I was actually outside my own body watching meself die. | 我都以为我的灵魂出窍了 正看着自己死去呢 |
[01:37] | He sat there cracking his nuts in the quiet bits. | 他坐在那里 喋喋不休 |
[01:40] | I tried to shush him, but he would not be shushed. | 我想要他闭嘴来着 但是他不肯 |
[01:43] | He’s a stubborn man, your father, | 你的父亲是个固执的人 |
[01:45] | William. A stubborn, common man. | 威廉是一个固执 又平凡的人 |
[01:47] | Which is why you married me. | 这就是你嫁给我的原因 |
[01:49] | Posh birds love a bit of rough. | 时髦小妞就喜欢来点糙的 |
[01:51] | I married beneath me, and now you’ve done the same, William. | 我这可是下嫁 你也如此 威廉 |
[01:54] | And what’s that supposed to mean? | 你这话什么意思? |
[01:56] | It means that he was 17 | 意思就是 他十七岁的时候 |
[01:58] | and he got a scheming little 26-year-old tithe farm milking-slap | 被一个小农场二十六岁的挤奶工看上了 |
[02:02] | up the duffington, that’s what! | 并使诡计让他上钩了 就是这样! |
[02:04] | Oh, you think you’re so posh, Mary Arden. | 你以为你多时髦 玛丽·艾登 |
[02:07] | Like you ain’t sewn into | 就跟你不像大家一样 |
[02:09] | your winter knickers like everybody else. | 缝冬天穿的底裤一样 |
[02:11] | I’m trying to work! | 我正在努力工作! |
[02:13] | I’ve come from London | 我从伦敦来就是为了听苏 |
[02:14] | to hear Sue read my Juliet. | 念念我写的朱丽叶的台词 |
[02:16] | Well, I’m not happy, doll. | 我可不开心 宝贝 |
[02:18] | Burbage pays you as an actor, not a writer. | 伯比奇付钱给你演戏 不是编剧 |
[02:20] | It’s fine. I’ve sent word to the theatre | 没事的 我已经给剧院送了一封信 |
[02:22] | that the two tunnels which lie beneath the bridge be blocked. | 说桥底的两条隧道堵塞了 |
[02:25] | Pardon? | 什么? |
[02:26] | The two tunnels which lie beneath the bridge be blocked. | 桥底的两条隧道堵塞了 |
[02:31] | Two tunnels? | 两条隧道? |
[02:32] | Beneath a bridge? Anyone? | 桥底? 没人懂吗? |
[02:36] | Nose, my loves. Nose! | 鼻子 亲爱的 鼻子! |
[02:38] | I’ve told Burbage that my nose | 我跟伯比奇说 我鼻涕流个不停 |
[02:40] | be snotted and I would not work this week or next. | 这周和下周都没法工作了 |
[02:42] | Why didn’t you just say “Nose”? | 你怎么就不能直接说”鼻子”呢? |
[02:44] | It’s what I do! | 这就是我的工作! |
[02:47] | Now, Susanna, again. | 好了 苏珊娜 再来一次 |
[02:49] | All right, if I have to. | 好吧 如果我非得这样做 |
[02:51] | “Romeo, Romeo! | “罗密欧 罗密欧! |
[02:53] | Wherefore art thou Romeo?” | 为什么你偏偏是罗密欧呢?” |
[02:54] | Dad, nobody talks like this! | 爸爸 没人会这样说话的! |
[02:56] | It’s poetry. | 这是诗歌 |
[02:58] | Sometimes I regret teaching you to read. | 有时候我真后悔教你认字 |
[03:01] | I do think it could be a little less flowery, love. | 我觉得确实该少用点华丽的辞藻 亲爱的 |
[03:04] | I mean, why doesn’t she just say, “Where are you, Romeo?” | 你怎么不直接说 “你在哪里 罗密欧?” |
[03:07] | Because, my love, | 因为 亲爱的 |
[03:07] | it doesn’t mean, “Where are you?” | 这句话的意思不是”你在哪里?” |
[03:09] | It means, “Why are you Romeo?” | 而是”为什么你偏偏是罗密欧呢?” |
[03:12] | That’s a bit weird. | 有点诡异 |
[03:15] | Yeah. Romeo is just his name. | 是的 罗密欧只是他的名字而已 |
[03:17] | Well, exactly. | 正是 |
[03:18] | Juliet is saying, | 朱丽叶要说的是 |
[03:19] | “Why are you a member of a family that I hate?” | “为什么你是我所恨之族的一员呢?” |
[03:21] | People will definitely think you mean, | 人们肯定会以为你的意思是 |
[03:23] | “Romeo, where are you?” | “罗密欧 你在哪里?” |
[03:24] | That’s what I thought it meant. | 我就以为是这个意思 |
[03:26] | Yeah. I did, too. | 我也是 |
[03:28] | It’s bloody obvious. | 很明显 |
[03:30] | I think, to be clear, you’re going to have to have Juliet say, | 我觉得 想要搞清楚 你应该要让朱丽叶说 |
[03:33] | “Romeo, Romeo! | “罗密欧 罗密欧! |
[03:34] | Why are you called Romeo?” | 为什么你的名字是罗密欧?” |
[03:37] | “A member of a family that I hate?” | “我所恨之族的一员?” |
[03:40] | That’d do it. Although if I was being really picky, | 这就可以 不过 如果真要我挑刺的话 |
[03:43] | Romeo is just his Christian name, | 罗密欧只不过是他的教名 |
[03:45] | isn’t it? And that’s not the issue. | 不是吗? 这根本不是问题所在 |
[03:47] | It’s his surname that’s the problem. | 他的姓氏是关键 |
[03:49] | Well, yes. Actually, I was | 是的 其实我本来还希望 |
[03:51] | sort of hoping people wouldn’t notice that. | 没有人会注意到 |
[03:54] | I think they might. | 我觉得他们会注意的 |
[03:57] | So you think she should say, | 所以你们觉得 她该说 |
[03:58] | “Montague, Montague! | “蒙塔古 蒙塔古! |
[03:59] | Wherefore art thou Montague?” | 为什么你偏偏是蒙塔古呢?” |
[04:01] | No. Cos that’d sound like she’s lost her cat. | 不 因为这话听起来像她丢了猫一样 |
[04:07] | Look, it’s… | 听着 这些东西… |
[04:08] | probably best if you leave this to me, my love. | 最好还是留给我来推敲吧 亲爱的 |
[04:10] | I’m… I’m on a bit of a roll. | 我… 现在文思泉涌 |
[04:11] | I’m particularly pleased with | 我对喜剧其中的一幕尤其满意 |
[04:12] | the comedy scene where a group of rival serving men | 就是一伙敌对的仆人们 |
[04:15] | exchange a series of increasingly obscure insults. | 日益勾心斗角的喜剧场景 |
[04:18] | Will, I’ve told you. Don’t do comedy. | 威廉 我告诉过你 不要搞喜剧 |
[04:20] | It’s not your strong point. | 这不是你的长处 |
[04:23] | It is my strong point, wife. | 这是我的长处 夫人 |
[04:25] | It’s just requires lengthy explanation and copious footnotes. | 只是需要冗长的解释和丰富的脚注 |
[04:28] | If… If you do your research, | 如果… 如果你仔细研究 |
[04:31] | my stuff is actually really funny. | 我写的东西真的很有趣 |
[04:38] | So excited to hear about | 听莎士比亚先生讲述他年轻时的浪漫史 |
[04:41] | Mr Shakespeare’s teen romance. | 兴奋至极 |
[04:41] | Such a good idea for a story. | 对写作来说真是个好主意 |
[04:44] | Yeah, it’s all right, I suppose. | 是的 我猜也许是吧 |
[04:45] | Better than his usual stuff. | 比他平常写的那些东西好 |
[04:47] | Has he let slip any hints about the romance plot? | 他没有透露其中的浪漫桥段吗? |
[04:50] | Er, this lad falls in love with this lass, | 这个小伙子爱上了那个小姑娘 |
[04:53] | and she falls in love with him… | 她也爱上了他… |
[04:55] | and they live happily ever after. | 然后他们就快乐地生活在一起了 |
[04:58] | Nice and short, which makes a change from his Henrys. | 短小精悍 和他写的《亨利》有点不同 |
[05:01] | – And an amazing part for a girl. – Kate, | – 对女孩来说是一个完美的角色 – 凯特 |
[05:04] | you’ve got to drop that. | 你别再想这个了 |
[05:05] | Just cos your mum rents rooms to my master | 不要因为我家先生租了你的妈妈的房间 |
[05:07] | don’t mean he’s going to put you in one of his plays. | 就代表他会让你饰演其中的角色 |
[05:10] | It just seems so unfair that | 那就太不公平了 |
[05:11] | the theatre employs men to perform female roles | 剧院宁愿雇佣男人饰演女人的角色 |
[05:15] | when I, a real woman, | 也不选我这个真实的 |
[05:16] | am ready and eager. | 现成的 渴望演出的女人 |
[05:18] | Ah, Kate, splendid! | 凯特 太好了! |
[05:19] | Store these new pages in my bureau, would you? | 把这些新的稿子放到我的书房 可以吗? |
[05:21] | And, Bottom, | 还有 宝特姆 |
[05:22] | bring ale and pie. | 给我麦芽酒和派 |
[05:24] | A “Good morrow” Would be nice. | 如果加一句早安就更好了 |
[05:26] | I’m famished! | 我饿死了! |
[05:28] | The coach promised a refreshment cart, | 本来许诺提供小食 |
[05:30] | but, oh, not on this particular service, | 但是 这条线路并不包括在内 |
[05:32] | you’ll be stunned to hear | 如果你听到他们所说的话 你会震惊的 |
[05:34] | I hate it when they do that. | 我讨厌他们这么做 |
[05:35] | Plus, they were filling | 另外 他们在填补 |
[05:37] | ruts ‘twixt Stokenchurch and Chipping Norton | 斯托肯切奇和钦平诺顿区之间的车辙 |
[05:40] | and had laid on replacement donkeys. | 只能让驴子替代车 |
[05:44] | In fact, one donkey for six of us, plus bags. | 事实上 一头驴子需要驼我们六个人还有包裹 |
[05:48] | Of course, the snortish | 当然 那个对人嗤之以鼻的 |
[05:49] | brute guffed its last after but three furlongs | 畜生走了不到三弗隆就开始口吐白沫 |
[05:52] | and they had to send for another from Birmingham. | 结果他们还要再从伯明翰安排另外一头驴子 |
[05:55] | We spent two nights in a hedge. | 我们有两个晚上都是在树篱里度过的 |
[05:58] | And did we see a single rut being filled? | 我们有看见一道车辙被填补了吗? |
[06:01] | Oh, no, I was forgetting! This is England. | 哦 不 我忘记了! 这里是英格兰 |
[06:03] | One wouldst more likely see a toothless crone | 在这里看到一个没有牙齿的老太婆 |
[06:05] | with a tooth | 有牙齿的可能性都比 |
[06:07] | than an English rut-filler actually filling a rut! | 看到车辙被修补好的可能性大! |
[06:11] | Fortunately, I had my quill and | 幸运的是 我有羽毛笔和 |
[06:12] | ink and was able to make passing use of the time. | 墨水陪伴我度过这段时间 |
[06:15] | Oh, my God, Mr Shakespeare, it’s brilliant. | 哦 我的天呐 莎士比亚先生 写的太好了 |
[06:18] | Timeless. Deathless! | 前无古人 后无来者! |
[06:21] | “The Most Tragical History Of Romeo And Julian.” | “最悲惨的故事之罗密欧和朱利安” |
[06:25] | Oh, yes… | 是的… |
[06:28] | That should be Juliet, obviously. | 很明显 应该是朱丽叶 |
[06:30] | Romeo And Julian was but a working title. | 罗密欧和朱丽叶只是暂定的名称 |
[06:33] | Early exploratory stuff. It meanteth nothing. | 早期研究的结果 不代表什么 |
[06:36] | Yeah, right | 是的 不错 |
[06:38] | – What? – Well, come on, master. | – 你什么意思? – 拜托 先生 |
[06:40] | We live in t’same house. | 我们可是住在一个屋檐之下 |
[06:41] | I’ve heard you reading out your sonnets. | 我听过你读你写的十四行诗 |
[06:44] | Especially 1 to 126. | 特别是第一到第一百二十六首 |
[06:46] | Those poems are about a platonic hierarchical relationship. | 那些诗歌讲述柏拉图式的爱情 |
[06:50] | God’s naughty etchings! | 上帝淘气的一面! |
[06:52] | Why does everybody presume | 为什么就因为我 |
[06:53] | that just because | 给一个英俊的男孩写了一百二十六首情诗 |
[06:55] | I write 126 love poems to an attractive boy, | 所有人都认为 |
[06:56] | I must be… | 我就一定是… |
[06:59] | .. I must be some kind of bechambered hugger-tugger. | .. 我就一定要是某些封闭的极端主义者 |
[07:02] | Juliet is an utterly amazing part. | 朱丽叶完全是一个完美的角色 |
[07:05] | Yes, I really think I’ve got her voice. | 是的 我觉得我写出了她的心声 |
[07:07] | You have, you have. She’s perfect. | 你做到了 你做到了 她太完美了 |
[07:11] | The real challenge will be to find an actor to do her justice. | 最大的挑战就是找到一个演员来完美地诠释她 |
[07:15] | Master Condell was quite | 在我写的《亨利》里面 |
[07:16] | brilliant | 康德尔饰演的玛格丽特王后 |
[07:18] | as Queen Margaret in my Henrys. | 相当出彩 |
[07:18] | But I fear he’d be too old to play the ingenue. | 但是我担心他太老了不适合扮演少女 |
[07:21] | On the other hand, I don’t want a boy. | 另外 我不想让一个小鲜肉出演 |
[07:23] | These downy-scrotumed squeakers lack depth. | 这些毛都没长齐的小子缺少深度 |
[07:26] | Ahem. | 咳咳 |
[07:28] | Pardon, Kate? | 凯特 有事吗? |
[07:29] | Leaping amphibian caught in the ruby pipe | 跳跃的两栖动物被红宝石制成的管子捕到 |
[07:32] | which starts with a swallow but knows naught of birds. | 源于燕子 但是却与鸟类无关 |
[07:36] | Pardon? | 什么? |
[07:40] | I think he means, | 我认为他的意思是 |
[07:41] | have you got a frog in your throat? | 你的喉咙里是不是有只青蛙? |
[07:42] | But you can never be sure with him. | 但是你永远无法猜透他的意思 |
[07:47] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[07:48] | As if anyone else was ever going to! | 好像之前有人准备开门一样! |
[07:50] | Yes, Bottom. Or, alternatively, | 好的 宝特姆 或者 交换一下 |
[07:51] | I could get it and you could write a play | 我可以去开门 但是你去写剧本 |
[07:53] | and use the money you earn to pay me. | 赚钱支付我的工资 |
[07:55] | Except, hang on, no, that wouldn’t work, | 除非 等下 不行 这行不通 |
[07:57] | because you can’t read or write. | 因为你不认字 |
[07:59] | So perhaps our current distribution | 所以也许我们现在的劳工分配 |
[08:01] | of labour is the sensible and equitable one. | 是合情合理的 也是公平的 |
[08:04] | That’s just mean, that is. | 你这话太刻薄了 |
[08:09] | Ahem. | 咳咳 |
[08:10] | What? | 什么? |
[08:11] | I was hinting that the answer to your Juliet dilemma could be… | 我在暗示你 你的朱丽叶困境可以由… |
[08:17] | Oh, Kate, don’t go there. | 凯特 别说了 |
[08:19] | Lady-acting is illegal. | 女人演出是违法的行为 |
[08:21] | Beside which, girls can’t act. | 再说了 女人不会演戏 |
[08:24] | Just as they cannot practise law, cure the sick, | 正如女人不会执法 不会治病 |
[08:27] | handle financial matters or stand for any office. | 不能理财 不能竞选公职 |
[08:31] | But no woman has ever been allowed to try any of those things. | 但是女人一直被禁止去尝试那些事情 |
[08:34] | Because they can’t do them! | 因为她们做不到! |
[08:37] | God’s bodikins, Kate, what’s not to get? | 天呐 凯特 我说的你听不懂吗? |
[08:39] | Now, please, forget this nonsense and let me focus. | 好了 别在这胡言乱语了 让我安心工作吧 |
[08:42] | It’s not Juliet I’m worried about, it’s Romeo. | 让我担心的不是朱丽叶 而是罗密欧 |
[08:45] | I can’t seem to get a handle on him. | 我似乎无法掌握这个角色 |
[08:46] | His character eludes me. | 这个角色好像在躲着我 |
[08:50] | Master Robert Greene is without. | 先生 罗伯特·格林 在门口 |
[08:51] | Rob Greene… | 罗伯特·格林… |
[08:52] | who doth hate my gutlings? | 他不是恨透我了吗? |
[08:54] | What does he want? | 他来做什么? |
[08:56] | Master Shaky Poet! | 莎大诗人! |
[08:59] | A word, if you please. | 请允许我和你谈一谈 |
[09:00] | Shakespeare, Master Greene. My name is Shakespeare. | 莎士比亚 格林先生 我叫莎士比亚 |
[09:03] | I know your name, sirrah. | 我知道你叫什么 莎亚 |
[09:05] | I was addressing you by trade. | 我是根据你的职业称呼你 |
[09:06] | Shaky Poet. | 莎大诗人 |
[09:08] | Just as I would address a house-builder as Master Builder | 就好像我会叫修建房屋的工人 建筑大师 |
[09:11] | or a ship’s carpenter as Master Carpenter. | 或者叫建造轮船的木匠 木匠大师 |
[09:13] | What would you call a bear-baiter, Mr Greene? | 那你怎么称呼抓捕狗熊的猎人呢 格林先生? |
[09:15] | Master Baiter. | 猎熊大师 |
[09:18] | See what I did there? | 看到我怎么逗他了吗? |
[09:20] | Brilliant. Loved it. | 很机智 很喜欢 |
[09:21] | I am come on a mission of great delicacy. | 我这次来有个特别的任务 |
[09:25] | My nephew, Florian Greene, | 我的侄子 弗洛里安·格林 |
[09:28] | has fallen for a most unsuitable girl | 爱上了一个非常不般配的女孩 |
[09:31] | the Lady Rosaline, daughter of a mere country knight. | 罗瑟琳女士 区区一个爵士的女儿 |
[09:35] | There can of course be no question of such a lowly match, | 这桩婚事显然门不当户不对 |
[09:37] | so the boy must be kept from her. | 我的侄子必须离这个姑娘远一点 |
[09:39] | And what part of this unedifying tale of upper-class entitlement | 那我和这段不被认可的上流社会的感情之间 |
[09:43] | is of interest to me? | 有什么关系呢? |
[09:44] | Florian travels to Cambridge | 弗洛里安下周来剑桥 |
[09:46] | next week to take his place at the university. | 准备上学 |
[09:49] | You must keep him here till then. | 你必须把他留在这里 |
[09:51] | You see, this lowly boarding house is far from court. | 你这个简陋的寄宿家庭距离法院很远 |
[09:56] | And Miss Rosaline will never find him here. | 这样罗瑟琳小姐绝对找不到他 |
[09:58] | I am a busy writer, sirrah. Why should I do this? | 我为什么要这样做 我可是个忙碌的作家? |
[10:01] | Because I am Master of the Queen’s Revels, | 因为我是皇后郡雷维尔的领主 |
[10:03] | and if you don’t, I will deny your plays licence. | 如果你不同意的话 我就取消你的演出执照 |
[10:08] | You mean you’re corruptly using your public position | 你是说你要滥用职权 |
[10:10] | to further your own private interests? | 来实现你的私人利益吗? |
[10:12] | Er, duh! | 是的 哈! |
[10:16] | I will have the boy sent to you this e’en bound tight, | 我会尽快把他送到你这里 |
[10:19] | for his blood runs hot. | 趁他正一头热 |
[10:21] | I myself will return in a week for a farewell dinner. | 我本人一周内会过来出席欢送晚宴 |
[10:25] | Good day. | 再见 |
[10:28] | I am due at the theatre | 在我马上就要和剧院的人 |
[10:30] | to discuss my new romance, | 讨论我的浪漫新剧的时候 |
[10:32] | but now must play nursey-nursey wipey-nosey | 却必须给一个激进的乡巴佬学生 |
[10:34] | to a rogering, roistering student clodhopper! | 当保姆照顾他! |
[10:37] | And all because Robert Greene be made | 就只因为罗伯特·格林刚刚被任命为 |
[10:40] | Master of Revels. | 雷维尔的领主 |
[10:41] | Why be he Master of Revels? | 他凭什么当雷维尔的领主? |
[10:42] | What qualifies him to be my judge? | 他有什么资格来指使我? |
[10:45] | He’s posh and he went to Cambridge. | 他很时髦而且他上过剑桥 |
[10:46] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[10:48] | His very birth did guarantee him advancement | 他的出生确保了他的优越性 |
[10:50] | whilst mine precluded it. | 而我的出生阻碍了我 |
[10:52] | It is almost as if there be suspended over this scepter’d isle | 就仿佛在这王权的小岛上悬挂着 |
[10:55] | a ceiling made of glass… | 玻璃的天花板… |
[10:58] | .. against which men of lower birth, | … 压迫着出生卑微的人们 |
[11:00] | such as I, must always bonk our noggins. | 而我则必须不断地顶起这个天花板 |
[11:04] | D’you think that’s why you’re going a bit bald? | 这就是为什么你有点秃顶的原因吗? |
[11:08] | I am not going bloody bald. | 我不是秃顶 |
[11:10] | I have a very big brain. | 我只是头有点大 |
[11:16] | Mr Burbage, I am the | 伯比奇先生 |
[11:18] | senior actor of female roles in this company. | 我是这个剧院 资深的女性角色演员 |
[11:21] | My dear Condell, the | 尊敬的康德尔 |
[11:22] | ingenue in Master Shakespeare’s promised play | 莎士比亚大师的戏中的角色 |
[11:25] | is a maid of 13 summers, | 是一个十三岁的 |
[11:27] | a young bud scarce yet in bloom. | 含苞待放的少女 |
[11:29] | And your point? | 所以呢? |
[11:32] | I think it seeks an actor that doesn’t have to shave his ears. | 起码要找一个耳朵上没有毛的演员 |
[11:37] | Good morrow! Good morrow, all. | 早上好! 大家早上好 |
[11:39] | Don’t you “Good morrow” Me, Mr Shakespeare. | 别给我说什么”早上好” 莎士比亚先生 |
[11:41] | This new romance you’re writing… | 你正在写的这个爱情故事… |
[11:43] | – Aye. Romeo And Julian. – Juliet. | – 是的 罗密欧与朱丽安 -朱丽叶 |
[11:45] | As I said. | 我说的就是 |
[11:46] | Romeo And Juliet. | 罗密欧与朱丽叶 |
[11:48] | Burbage says you want me to play some bloody nanny. | 伯比奇说你想让我演什么破保姆的角色 |
[11:51] | The nurse is a fine comedy role. | 保姆是一个不错的喜剧角色 |
[11:53] | Oh! Comedy. Ooh! | 天呐! 喜剧 天呐! |
[11:55] | Don’t give it to him, then. | 那就别给他演 |
[11:58] | – I can do comedy. – Yeah… | – 我可以饰演喜剧角色 – 是的… |
[12:00] | But only in London, yeah? | 但是只在伦敦 是吧? |
[12:01] | Not really Florence, is it? | 没在佛罗伦萨 不是吗? |
[12:03] | Yes, we all know you worked in Italy, Kempe. | 是的 我们都知道你曾在意大利工作 肯普 |
[12:05] | Ooh, did I get an award? | 哦 我有得过奖吗? |
[12:07] | Can’t remember. | 不记得了 |
[12:09] | Oh, that’s right, I did. Yeah. A proper one. | 哦 是的 我拿过奖 一个相当正式的奖项 |
[12:11] | Not English. Italian, yeah? | 不是英国奖项 意大利奖项 是吧? |
[12:14] | Commedia dell’arte. Mm! | 喜剧作品奖 啊! |
[12:16] | Heard of it? | 听过吗? |
[12:17] | Since you became big in Italy, Kempe, | 肯普自从你在意大利混出名堂了 |
[12:19] | an insufferable smuglington hast thou become! | 你就变成了一个让人难以忍受的自大狂! |
[12:22] | Yeah, but an insufferable smuglington | 没错 但是我这个难以忍受的自大狂 |
[12:24] | who’s big in Italy. | 在意大利可是大明星 |
[12:25] | I am the senior lady actor and I insist on playing Juliet! | 我是年长女士的扮演者 我坚持扮演朱丽叶! |
[12:29] | Look, the play isn’t even finished. | 听着 剧本还没有写完 |
[12:31] | I’m stuck on the character of my Romeo. | 我卡在罗密欧这个角色上了 |
[12:33] | And what’s more, as yet I don’t have an ending. | 而且我还没有写结尾 |
[12:36] | Surely our young lovers will live happily ever after. | 我们的小情侣一定是自此幸福地生活在一起 |
[12:39] | Hmm. Well, that’s the obvious ending. | 这是一个显而易见的结尾 |
[12:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:42] | The ending the crowd will want. | 一个人们都想要的结尾 |
[12:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:46] | So I thought I’d kill them instead. | 所以我觉得我得把他们写死 |
[12:50] | Kill them? | 把他们写死? |
[12:51] | Our teenage sweethearts? | 我们的少年眷侣吗? |
[12:53] | Yes. Theatre should be challenging. | 是的 戏剧应该具有挑战性 |
[12:55] | And entertaining. | 还有娱乐性 |
[12:57] | – Mainly challenging. – Oh! | – 主要还是挑战性 – 哦! |
[13:00] | I just need to work out a decent double death plot. | 我只是要想出一个适宜的双双死亡的情节 |
[13:03] | I can do dying! | 我可以出演死亡的桥段! |
[13:05] | I’m good at dying. | 我很擅长死亡的戏码 |
[13:06] | Hmm, yeah! | 是的! |
[13:07] | – On stage every night. – Oh! | – 每天晚上在舞台上都演同一出 – 哦! |
[13:10] | Who said that? Oh, I did, so… | 谁说的? 哦 我说的 所以… |
[13:14] | Mr Shakespeare, I need this role. | 莎士比亚先生 我需要这个角色 |
[13:17] | I can woo Romeo. I know I can. | 我可以赢得罗密欧的爱 我知道我可以 |
[13:19] | Let me show you. Find a way for me to prove it. | 让我展示给你 找个方法让我向你证明 |
[13:23] | Bit sad, though. Begging. | 继续跪求吧 不过有点可悲 |
[13:28] | We’ve had a delivery! | 有货上门! |
[13:32] | Lock up the beef and ale, | 把牛肉和麦芽酒锁起来 |
[13:34] | Bottom. Tell the poor to bar their doors. | 宝特姆 让那些穷人把门都闩上 |
[13:36] | We unleash the most parasitic creature in Christendom… | 我们即将释放基督教界最大的寄生虫… |
[13:40] | the English posh boy. | 英国富家子 |
[13:43] | Stay your hand a moment, Bottom. Have you your dagger handy? | 手别动 宝特姆 你的短剑在手边吗? |
[13:46] | Do you think he’s dangerous? | 你觉得他是危险人物吗? |
[13:47] | Possibly. | 极有可能 |
[13:48] | These Oxbridge yobbos are extraordinarily strong, | 这些牛津剑桥的小坏蛋们都特别强壮 |
[13:51] | having spent their entire lives with literarily enough to eat. | 从他们一出生就衣食无忧 |
[13:57] | They join clubs called | 他们加入的俱乐部都叫 |
[13:58] | the Burst Ballsack and the Fisted Peasant… | 爆炸阴囊 握拳农夫… |
[14:03] | … where they gorge and fight and roger and quaff | … 在那里他们大吃大喝 性交斗殴 |
[14:06] | till they coat the walls with gut porridge. | 直到墙上都糊上了一层呕吐物 |
[14:08] | A bit jealous, are we? | 我们是不是有点嫉妒 不是吗? |
[14:10] | Bloody jealous! | 该死的太嫉妒了! |
[14:11] | Particularly as when they graduate, | 特别是等他们毕业的时候 |
[14:12] | they all get to be bishops and ambassadors | 他们都能成为主教 大使 |
[14:14] | and members of the privy council. | 枢密院的成员 |
[14:16] | In England, I’m afraid it’s not what you know, | 在英国 重要的不是你懂些什么 |
[14:18] | it’s what dead farmyard animals you rogered at university! | 而是你在大学里上了哪些死掉的家畜! |
[14:23] | We can put it off no longer. | 我们不能再等了 |
[14:24] | Unleash the posh boy! | 给富家子松绑吧! |
[14:34] | Rosaline… | 罗瑟琳… |
[14:36] | Rosaline! | 罗瑟琳! |
[14:37] | Wherefore art thou Rosaline? | 为什么你偏偏是罗瑟琳呢? |
[14:39] | Goodness. This is spooky. | 天呐 这太不可思议了 |
[14:41] | He’s asking why his beloved’s name is Rosaline. | 他在问为什么他的爱人的名字是罗瑟琳 |
[14:46] | Actually, I think he’s asking where Rosaline is. | 我觉得他其实在问罗瑟琳在哪里 |
[14:50] | Probably best to leave the linguistic interpretation to me. | 我觉得语言解释最好还是留给我吧 |
[14:53] | Where are you, Rosaline? | 你在哪里 罗瑟琳? |
[14:55] | Where are you? | 你在哪里? |
[14:56] | I wish I knew where you were. | 真希望我知道你在哪里 |
[14:59] | Gonna admit I was right? | 你得承认我说对了吧? |
[15:01] | Oh brutal love. | 哦 残酷的爱 |
[15:03] | Despised love. | 被轻视的爱 |
[15:05] | Love is the angry thorn upon the false rose, and I… | 爱是虚假玫瑰上的愤怒之刺 而我… |
[15:09] | am a prick. | 就是那刺痛 |
[15:12] | Blimey, have we got to spend a week with this arse-mungel? | 天哪 我们得和这怪胎呆一周吗? |
[15:17] | Resist your thuggish interjections, Bottom. | 别用你那吓死人的感叹词 宝特姆 |
[15:19] | I see in this lovelorn loon the very model of my Romeo. | 这个失恋的傻蛋正是我心目中罗密欧的形象 |
[15:23] | Oh thou rude and deceiving table! | 哦 你这个粗鲁的欺骗人的桌子 |
[15:27] | Four legs hast thou, yet none are Rosaline’s. | 你的四条腿没有一条是罗瑟琳的 |
[15:31] | I would cut off every one and eat upon the floor | 我要砍掉你的四条腿 在地上吃饭 |
[15:34] | for but one glance at Rosaline’s sweet knees. | 只为瞥见一眼罗瑟琳美丽的膝盖 |
[15:38] | I’m sorry, but this bloke’s a total wankington. | 抱歉 但是这个小子绝对是一个疯子 |
[15:42] | You must make allowance for his youth and ardour. | 你得谅解他的年轻和激情 |
[15:45] | Curse the floor that doth not support Rosaline. | 诅咒这没有支撑罗瑟琳的地面 |
[15:50] | Curse the ceiling that doth not shelter Rosaline. | 诅咒这没有庇护罗瑟琳的天花板 |
[15:57] | Curse the bondsman that doth not serve Rosaline. | 诅咒这没有服侍罗瑟琳的奴隶 |
[16:01] | Well, maybe he’s a bit of a wankington. | 好吧 也许他是有点神经 |
[16:04] | Sirrah, who are you? | 小子 你是谁? |
[16:06] | My name is Will Shakespeare, Master Florian. | 我是威廉·莎士比亚 弗洛里安先生 |
[16:08] | And I’ve been charged with | 我的使命就是 |
[16:09] | keeping you safe till you go to university. | 一直到你上大学之前确保你的安全 |
[16:11] | Never. | 不用 |
[16:13] | I will leave this place at once | 我会立马离开这里 |
[16:14] | and search the world until I find my Rosaline. | 然后把世界翻个底朝天直到找到我的罗瑟琳 |
[16:17] | I’m afraid that’s out of the question. | 我恐怕那是不可能的 |
[16:19] | Then I will kill myself. | 那我就自杀 |
[16:21] | Rosaline, Rosaline! | 罗瑟琳 罗瑟琳! |
[16:22] | Wherefore art thou Rosaline? | 为什么你偏偏是罗瑟琳呢? |
[16:24] | Mr Shakespeare, I’ve learned one of Juliet’s speeches, | 莎士比亚先生 我背了一句朱丽叶的台词 |
[16:27] | and if you’ll just let me show you what I… | 如果你让我展示… |
[16:29] | Kate, I’m really, really busy! | 凯特 我真的 真的很忙! |
[16:32] | “What’s in a name? | “姓名本来是没有意义的 不是吗? |
[16:33] | That which we call a rose | 我们称之为玫瑰的这一种花 |
[16:34] | By any other name would smell as sweet.” | 要是换了个名字 它的香味还是同样的芬芳” |
[16:36] | – Not now, Kate! – Sorry. | – 不是现在 凯特! – 对不起 |
[16:38] | Now, Master Florian, don’t be foolish. | 现在 弗洛里安先生 别犯傻了 |
[16:41] | You’re going to have to put Rosaline out of your mind. | 你必须忘了罗瑟琳 |
[16:44] | Rosaline? | 罗瑟琳? |
[16:45] | Rosaline? | 罗瑟琳? |
[16:48] | Who’s this foul trollop Rosaline? | 这个讨厌的罗瑟琳荡妇是谁? |
[16:50] | Why, your love, I thought. | 是谁 我以为她是你的爱人 |
[16:52] | Kate… | 凯特… |
[16:54] | Kate be my love. I will love none but my Kate. | 凯特才是我的爱人 我除了凯特谁都不爱 |
[16:58] | Kate? You… You… | 凯特? 你… 你… |
[16:59] | You mean, our Kate? | 是说我们的那个凯特吗? |
[17:02] | Where she breathes, flowers bloom. | 她呼吸的地方 鲜花盛开 |
[17:04] | Where she sings, pixies dance. | 她唱歌的地方 精灵起舞 |
[17:06] | Her most blowingly flatulent fartle-barfle | 就连她胃胀气时放的屁 |
[17:09] | be more sweetly scented than all the perfumes of Arabia! | 都比阿拉伯半岛上所有的香料芬芳! |
[17:14] | Well, you see, you’re wrong there. | 好吧 你这话肯定不对 |
[17:16] | She’s not a bad-looking bird, | 她的确是一个漂亮姑娘 |
[17:17] | but let me tell you, | 但是我告诉你 |
[17:18] | if she leaves one hanging in a room, | 如果她真在房间里放了那么一个 |
[17:20] | you’re still chewing on it an hour later. | 一小时后你还闻得到呢 |
[17:27] | My Kate does teach the candles to burn bright. | 我的凯特让蜡烛闪耀光芒 |
[17:30] | Kate, Kate! | 凯特 凯特! |
[17:32] | Zounds! I’ve got to get some of this stuff down. | 哎呀! 我得把他说的这些记下来 |
[17:36] | He is my Romeo, all right? | 他是我的罗密欧 是吧? |
[17:38] | And what a bit of luck, | 而且有点幸运的是 |
[17:39] | him going all diddly-doodah over our Kate! | 他对我们的凯特那么激动! |
[17:42] | We’d thought to be his jailer | 我们本是他的狱卒 |
[17:43] | but what better chains to keep him close | 但是再坚固的镣铐还能比爱情 |
[17:45] | than those of love? | 更能拴得住他吗? |
[17:48] | Mr Shakespeare… | 莎士比亚先生… |
[17:50] | Something quite interesting has just happened. | 刚刚发生了一件特有趣的事情 |
[17:52] | Yes, I know, Kate. Master Florian has taken a shine to you. | 我知道 凯特 弗洛里安先生对你有好感 |
[17:55] | Just string him along for a week, will you? | 你就陪他玩一个星期 可以吗? |
[17:57] | Let him sing beneath your balcony, | 让他在你的阳台下唱歌 |
[17:59] | write you sonnets, that sort of thing. | 给你写十四行诗 什么的 |
[18:00] | I’m sure it’s nothing serious. | 我保证没什么大事的 |
[18:02] | It is… | 它… |
[18:04] | quite serious. | 是一件相当大的事情 |
[18:06] | He’s asked me to marry him. | 他向我求婚了 |
[18:07] | Well… | 哦… |
[18:08] | Well, that’s very sweet… | 哦 真感人… |
[18:10] | Marry?! | 结婚吗?! |
[18:11] | He can’t marry you! | 他不能娶你! |
[18:13] | Robert Greene thought | 罗瑟琳是爵士的女儿 |
[18:14] | Rosaline not good enough for his precious Florian | 罗伯特·格林都觉得 |
[18:17] | and she be the daughter of a knight. | 她配不上他的宝贝弗洛里安 |
[18:19] | Your mum washes my puffling pants! | 而你的母亲是给我洗裤子的! |
[18:22] | Yes, but ’tis not Robert Greene who would marry me. | 是的 但是又不是罗伯特·格林要娶我 |
[18:25] | ‘Tis Florian. | 要娶我的人是弗洛里安 |
[18:26] | And when he does, | 而且如果他娶了我 |
[18:28] | my station will be somewhat elevated… | 我的身份可就大大地… |
[18:30] | considerably, I might add, | 提升了 我可能会 |
[18:32] | above you own. | 在你之上 |
[18:33] | But… but, Kate, if you marry Florian, | 但是… 凯特 如果你嫁给弗洛里安 |
[18:36] | his uncle will blame me | 他的叔叔会怪到我头上 |
[18:38] | and never license another of my plays. | 并永远不批准我的戏剧演出 |
[18:40] | Hmm! It’s not my problem, though, is it? | 嗯! 可这又不关我事 不是吗? |
[18:44] | Particularly since you won’t let me play Juliet, | 尤其是因为你不让我扮演朱丽叶 |
[18:47] | even though I’d be brilliant, | 即使我那么有才华 |
[18:48] | and it’s my dream. | 而且那还是我的梦想 |
[18:50] | But, Kate, you know very well | 但是 凯特 你清楚地知道 |
[18:52] | that it is illegal | 让女孩们做任何有趣的事情 |
[18:53] | for girls to do anything interesting. | 都是违法的行为 |
[18:56] | Thus… | 正因为如此… |
[18:57] | our only recourse is to marry, | 我们唯一的出路就是结婚 |
[18:59] | and if we can marry rich, | 但是如果我们嫁得好 |
[19:00] | besotted idiots, then… | 让那些傻瓜对我们一片痴心 那么… |
[19:03] | all the better. | 一切会变得更好 |
[19:06] | Bottom, we have to stop this marriage. | 宝特姆 我们必须阻止这场婚姻 |
[19:08] | We must distract the boy! | 我们必须转移那个男孩的注意力! |
[19:10] | Well, that shouldn’t be difficult. | 好的 不是什么难事 |
[19:11] | The randy little ponce fancies anything in a skirt. | 那个好色的小娘娘腔喜欢一切穿裙子的 |
[19:13] | That’s right. Yes, of course. | 说的没错 是的 |
[19:15] | So… so all we need to do is find | 所以… 所以我们只需要找到 |
[19:17] | someone in a skirt whom he definitely can’t marry. | 一个穿裙子的但是他肯定不能娶的人 |
[19:21] | Oh, my God, it’s so obvious! | 哦 天哪 太明显是谁了! |
[19:24] | Woo-hoo, masters! | 呜呼 先生们! |
[19:26] | See, here I am! | 看 我在这里! |
[19:29] | Mistress Sauce Quickly, | 索斯·奎克莉夫人 |
[19:31] | a shy but biddable young maid, | 一个羞涩而顺从的年轻女仆 |
[19:33] | who is all ripe… | 她非常成熟… |
[19:35] | and hot and drippy. | 且性感和伤感并存 |
[19:37] | Players! | 奏乐! |
[19:42] | # She that craves her true love’s joy # | # 她渴望她的真爱快乐 # |
[19:45] | # With a hey, ho, the wind and the rain # | # 带着那 嘿 哦 那风和雨 # |
[19:48] | # Will do the lot for a handsome boy # | # 将为一个英俊的男孩竭尽全力 # |
[19:51] | # For the maid, she bonkers every day. # | # 对于女仆 她每天都为此发疯 # |
[19:56] | Well, Master Florian? What… | 那么 弗洛里安先生? 你… |
[19:59] | What think you of Mistress Sauce Quickly? | 你觉得索斯·奎克莉夫人怎么样? |
[20:01] | Does she not make | 她有没有 |
[20:03] | your loins tremble | 让你的下半身颤抖 |
[20:04] | and your codpiece cry, “Woof, woof”? | 让你的遮阴袋哭泣 “嗷呜 嗷呜”? |
[20:07] | Are you blind? | 你瞎了吗? |
[20:08] | She looks like a man in a dress! | 她看起来像是一个穿裙子的男人! |
[20:11] | Besides, I am spoken for my Kate. | 而且 我是为凯特而来 |
[20:13] | Ah, but Kate be pure and chaste till wed… | 但是凯特结婚之前都要保持贞洁… |
[20:16] | while Mistress Sauce Quickly doth promise | 然而索斯·奎克莉夫人许诺 |
[20:18] | the lot before dinner. | 晚饭前和你做很多事情呢 |
[20:22] | Not a bad point, actually. | 这倒不错 |
[20:29] | Sweet, good night! | 亲爱的 晚安! |
[20:32] | This bud of love by summer’s ripening breath | 这爱情的花蕾 经过夏日的暖风吹拂 |
[20:36] | May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet. | 在我们下次相见的时候会开出绚烂的花朵 |
[20:40] | Good night. | 再见 |
[20:42] | Good night! | 晚安! |
[20:43] | As sweet repose and rest | 愿夜晚休憩的甜蜜 |
[20:45] | Come to thy heart as that within my breast! | 同时降临在你我二人的心头! |
[20:57] | Sorry, Mistress Sauce Quickly, | 抱歉 索斯·奎克莉夫人 |
[20:59] | that does it. Kate’s the one for me. | 我们就算了吧 凯特是我的唯一 |
[21:01] | I shall stand beneath Kate’s balcony | 我要站在凯特的阳台下 |
[21:04] | and strum my lute! | 轻轻弹奏鲁特琴! |
[21:10] | If that’s a figure of speech, don’t let the watchman catch you. | 如果这是一个比喻 别让守门人逮到你 |
[21:14] | Oh, well, in that case, perhaps I’ll just play her some music. | 哦 那样的话 我就给她放点音乐 |
[21:26] | I should be angry with you for pinching my lines like that. | 我应该生气 你那样偷窃我的台词 |
[21:30] | But you did do them rather well. | 但是你真的演绎的很好 |
[21:31] | The verse is so beautiful. | 诗篇太美了 |
[21:35] | Look, Kate, crazy as it sounds, | 听着 凯特 听起来很疯狂 |
[21:38] | perhaps Juliet would be better played by a girl. | 或许由一个女孩来出演朱丽叶 效果更好 |
[21:42] | And so… | 所以… |
[21:43] | If I were at some point to try, and I only say “Try”, | 如果我在某个时刻想尝试 我只是说尝试 |
[21:46] | to help you become an actor, | 帮助你成为一个演员 |
[21:50] | would you prefer that to marrying a pervy posh boy? | 还是你更愿意嫁给一个变态时髦的男孩呢? |
[21:52] | Oh, Mr Shakespeare, | 哦 莎士比亚先生 |
[21:54] | you know I would! But… | 你知道我愿意演戏! 但是… |
[21:56] | But I am promised now, | 但是我已经答应了他的求婚 |
[21:58] | and that is binding in law. | 这在法律上具有约束力 |
[21:59] | Well, then, we must come | 那好吧 那么 我们必须想一个办法 |
[22:01] | up with a plan to get this boy to give you up. | 让他放弃你们的婚约 |
[22:04] | And I’ve got a corker. | 现在我有更好的人选 |
[22:06] | Even better than a middle-aged man in lipstick? | 比涂着口红的中年男人还好吗? |
[22:09] | Yes. Even better than that. | 当然比那好 |
[22:24] | Good e’en, old apothecary. | 晚上好 药剂师 |
[22:26] | Good e’en, my master. A dark night for business. | 晚上好 先生 这么晚来做生意 |
[22:30] | Perhaps thy business be dark also? | 或许是见不得人的生意? |
[22:33] | Yes, well, I… I suppose it is a bit. | 是的 呃 我… 我想是有一点 |
[22:36] | My… friend loves this girl… | 我的… 一个朋友爱这个女孩… |
[22:39] | I see, my master. | 我明白 先生 |
[22:40] | And this “Friend” Has a spotted cod-dangle | 这个”朋友”弄脏了悬挂的阴囊 |
[22:44] | and a murky discharge? | 还流出暧昧的液体? |
[22:46] | Not at all. | 并不是 |
[22:47] | You take bat spit and goat snot and rub upon your… | 你用蝙蝠的唾液和山羊的鼻涕擦在你的… |
[22:51] | I mean, your friend’s… | 我是说 你的朋友的… |
[22:53] | Apothecary, I be not poxed. | 药剂师 我不是染了瘟疫 |
[22:55] | I just need a simple potion | 我只是需要一副简单的药剂 |
[22:57] | that will render a person seemingly dead | 让一个人看起来像是死了 |
[23:00] | but from which they will fully recover at the appropriate moment. | 但是在适当的时刻 他们会完全恢复 |
[23:03] | Well, we have Play Dead. | 我们有”装死”这副药剂 |
[23:05] | Or else you could buy my own | 或者你可以买我自己调配的混合物 |
[23:07] | brand of the mixture, which is exactly the same | 效果完全相同 |
[23:09] | but half the price. | 但是价格便宜一半 |
[23:11] | Hm, I… I think I’ll stick to | 我… 我认为我还是买 |
[23:13] | the popular brand, thank you. | 人尽皆知的品牌吧 谢谢 |
[23:14] | I’m happy to pay a little more for the nebulous sense of comfort | 我很乐意为公众品牌塑造的那种朦胧的舒适感 |
[23:18] | that a public brand imbues. | 多付一点钱 |
[23:25] | Master Florian! | 弗洛里安先生! |
[23:26] | I come with a message from your true love, Kate. | 我从你的真爱凯特那里带回来一个消息 |
[23:28] | Why, sirrah, if you speak Kate’s words, | 小子 如果你说是凯特说的话 |
[23:30] | then you are her mouth. | 那你就是她的嘴 |
[23:31] | Er, not really. | 不完全是 |
[23:33] | And so must I kiss thee. | 那我必须要亲吻它 |
[23:35] | No, this is not consensual! | 不 我还没有同意! |
[23:39] | God! | 天哪! |
[23:40] | Your breath doth stink like you dine on dung. | 你的口气臭得简直就像吃过屎一样 |
[23:43] | Deliver your message and be gone. | 说完你带的消息然后走吧 |
[23:45] | Mistress Kate has gone to the local chapel. | 凯特小姐已经去了当地的教堂 |
[23:49] | Her countenance was dark and wild. | 她的表情忧郁而且疯狂 |
[23:50] | I fear some madness is come upon her. | 恐怕一些疯狂的事情发生在她身上了 |
[23:52] | She called for you, master. Hurry lest you be too late. | 她呼唤着你 先生 快点去吧 以免太晚 |
[24:01] | Right, Kate, you swig the potion, | 好了 凯特 大口喝了这副药 |
[24:03] | Florian finds you, | 弗洛里安找到你的时候 |
[24:04] | thinks you dead and breaks off the engagement. | 认为你死了 然后取消婚约 |
[24:07] | I can’t see how it can possibly go wrong. | 我看不出怎么可能出错 |
[24:09] | Well, to play Juliet… | 为了演朱丽叶… |
[24:20] | But soft, he comes! | 小点声 他来了! |
[24:25] | So dark. | 好黑 |
[24:28] | I fear my love’s not here, | 恐怕我的爱人不在这里 |
[24:29] | for surely her bright eyes would be a lantern in the gloom. | 她的明亮的眼睛会是黑暗中的一盏灯 |
[24:32] | – Knob. – Shh! | – 不是 – 嘘! |
[24:34] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[24:36] | My Kate lies cold. | 我的凯特冷冰冰的躺在这里 |
[24:38] | Does she sleep? | 她睡着了吗? |
[24:42] | No, she is dead! | 不 她死了! |
[24:43] | Now will he say, “Oh, well, bad luck. | 现在他要说 “哦 倒霉 |
[24:46] | “I’ll just have to forget about her and go to Cambridge.” | 我只能忘了她 去剑桥上学了” |
[24:49] | Poisoned. | 毒药 |
[24:51] | Dead from poison? | 被毒药毒死的说? |
[24:53] | Dead! | 死了! |
[24:54] | “Oh, well, win some, lose some, plenty more totty in Cambridge.” | “有失就有得 剑桥有大把的骚货” |
[24:58] | If Kate be dead, then Florian need not live. | 如果凯特死了 那么 弗洛里安也不活了 |
[25:02] | Perchance some trace of poison does linger on her lips. | 也许她的唇上还有残余的毒液 |
[25:06] | A kiss and I will share her fate. | 一个吻我们便能共赴死亡 |
[25:09] | Blimey. | 天啊 |
[25:11] | He’s taking it a bit harder than I expected. | 他对凯特的感情比我想象中的要认真些 |
[25:13] | And yet no friendly drop remains. | 然而一滴也没有剩余 |
[25:17] | Perchance she did brush her teeth | 也许她已经刷过牙 |
[25:19] | and then gargle after drinking it. | 并在喝下它后漱口了 |
[25:22] | Thus… | 既然如此… |
[25:25] | with a dagger I die! | 我将用匕首自杀! |
[25:27] | No, no. She… She be not dead! | 不 不 她… 她没死! |
[25:29] | The potion only made her seem dead. | 这个毒药只是让她假死 |
[25:31] | She’ll wake up any second! | 不久之后她就会醒过来! |
[25:33] | Bolingbrokes! | 为时过晚! |
[25:38] | He dies. | 他死了 |
[25:42] | Now cracks a noble heart! | 一颗高贵的心碎了! |
[25:47] | Good night, sweet idiot. | 晚安 小白痴 |
[25:51] | Thy heart was big, | 你的心胸虽宽广 |
[25:53] | thy brain… tiny. | 脑袋却… 小巧愚笨 |
[25:57] | Soft! I wake. | 哦! 我醒过来了 |
[25:59] | Did the plan work? | 计划有用吗? |
[26:00] | Did Florian find my still body, | 弗洛里安有没有发现我的尸体 |
[26:02] | think me dead | 认为我已经死了 |
[26:03] | and depart for Cambridge with a shrug? | 然后头也不回地去了剑桥? |
[26:05] | Well, two out of three ain’t bad. | 呃 至少有两个完成的不错 |
[26:09] | Right, good. Don’t panic, we can deal with this. | 好吧 嗯 别慌 我们能解决这件事情 |
[26:13] | We just need another brilliant plan. | 只要有另一个绝妙的计划就行了 |
[26:16] | Welcome, Master Greene, | 欢迎 格林先生 |
[26:18] | to young Florian’s farewell feast. | 来到小弗洛里安的告别宴 |
[26:21] | Burbage and his company and Mistress Sauce Quickly | 伯比奇和他的剧团还有索斯奎克莉夫人 |
[26:23] | have joined us | 也加入了我们 |
[26:25] | to make of it a merry evening. | 让这个晚上更加热闹 |
[26:26] | Excellent, excellent. | 好极了 好极了 |
[26:28] | Come, Florian, embrace your uncle! | 来吧 弗洛里安 来拥抱你的叔叔! |
[26:34] | He looks half dead. | 他看起来像个半死的人 |
[26:37] | He is, Master Greene. He is. | 他就是 格林先生 他就是 |
[26:39] | I did a bit of serious roistering with young Flozza last night. | 昨晚我和弗洛里安开了个不好的玩笑 |
[26:42] | Buckets of oysters, barrels of ale! | 很多的蚝 很多的酒! |
[26:47] | Come, sirrah, your hand. | 来 小子 握个手 |
[26:49] | Good lad. | 好小子 |
[26:51] | Cold, stiff, unbending… | 冰凉 僵硬 坚定… |
[26:54] | just as a gentleman should be. | 一个绅士该有的样子 |
[26:59] | Dinner is served, my masters. | 晚餐已经准备好了 先生们 |
[27:01] | Shall we? | 就座吗? |
[27:02] | So I said to Johnny Heminges… | 所以我对约翰·赫明说… |
[27:04] | lovely actor, sweet, sweet man… | 一个迷人善良的演员… |
[27:05] | I said to Johnny, “Have you ever played Gammer Gurton’s Needle”? | 我问他 “你以前出演过格顿婆的缝衣针吗” |
[27:09] | He said, “I’ve played Gammer Gurton, | 他说 “我演过格顿婆 |
[27:11] | ducky, but the needle came from props!” | 伙计 不过那个缝衣针是道具!” |
[27:20] | Brilliant, Burbage! | 棒极了 伯比奇! |
[27:21] | I always say there’s nothing more fascinating | 我总说没有什么比演员 |
[27:23] | than actors talking about themselves! | 谈论他们自己更好玩儿的了! |
[27:27] | Tell us more! | 再多说些! |
[27:28] | What about Florian? Thou hast not touched thy food. | 弗洛里安怎么了? 他怎么不吃东西 |
[27:32] | Posh boys must quaff and gorge | 贵族男孩们应该在别人挨饿的时候 |
[27:34] | whilst others starve. | 开怀畅饮 大快朵颐 |
[27:37] | Can’t keep this up much longer. Let’s go for it. | 快瞒不下去了 使出最后一招吧 |
[27:39] | Tell me, Florian, have you seen anything of the fair Rosaline | 告诉我 弗洛里安 你见过美丽的罗瑟琳了吗 |
[27:43] | who once you did love so well? | 那个你以前深爱的女孩? |
[27:45] | Rosaline? Who is Rosaline?! | 罗瑟琳? 谁是罗瑟琳?! |
[27:47] | You said you loved me! Your Kate! | 你说过你爱的是我! 你的凯特! |
[27:50] | Kate? Love Kate? | 凯特? 亲爱的凯特? |
[27:52] | Thou said thou didst love me! | 他说过他爱的是我! |
[27:54] | Your Mistress Sauce Quickly. | 你的索斯·奎克莉夫人 |
[27:57] | Bravo, lad! I see you’ve been roistering, | 好极了 伙计! 喧闹作乐 |
[28:00] | as a varsity man should. | 这才是一个剑桥大学生的样子 |
[28:02] | And, Master Shakespeare, | 还有 莎士比亚先生 |
[28:03] | it seems you have cured | 看起来你已经治好了 |
[28:06] | my nephew of all silly notions of romance. | 我的侄子的那些对浪漫的愚蠢想法 |
[28:10] | Well, yes, I think you could say we’ve done that. | 呃 没错 的确可以这么说 |
[28:14] | Bra-vo. | 好极了 |
[28:24] | But look now, what’s this? | 不过现在是怎么回事? |
[28:27] | Why, he’s passed out in his plate. | 他怎么晕在盘子上了 |
[28:29] | You’d think he was at Cambridge already! | 你们一定认为他已经在剑桥了啊! |
[28:38] | We took him to Cambridge, where, not surprisingly, | 我们把他送去了剑桥 毫无意外 |
[28:41] | they found him cold, unco-operative | 他们发现他冰冷 不肯配合 |
[28:43] | and expecting advancement without effort or talent. | 还想在不努力又没天分的情况下得到晋升 |
[28:48] | In short, a perfect member of the English Establishment. | 总而言之 英国权贵人物里完美的一员 |
[28:52] | Although he will have decomposed long before he graduates, | 虽然他的尸体会在毕业之前慢慢腐烂 |
[28:55] | I imagine he’ll get a first. | 我觉得他会得第一 |
[28:59] | Amazing tale, husband. | 令人惊叹的历险记 老公 |
[29:00] | Particularly the bit about the maid drugging herself in a tomb, | 尤其是女仆让自己在墓穴中假死 |
[29:05] | only for her young lover to think | 只为了让她的爱人以为她死了 |
[29:07] | her dead and killing himself before she wakes up. | 并在她醒来之前自杀 |
[29:10] | Yes. | 没错 |
[29:12] | If only I could think of an ending for my play as easily. | 要是我能这么容易想出自己戏剧的结局就好了 |