时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Mm… This upstart crow | 嗯… 这暴发户式的乌鸦 |
[00:21] | is ever more advanced in the world, | 居然在人生巅峰的道路上越走越远 |
[00:23] | beautifying himself in the feathers of a gentleman. | 用高帅富的形象提升自己的逼格 |
[00:27] | In vain have I sought to find | 枉我苦苦找寻 |
[00:29] | some chink in the armour of his propriety, | 他在礼仪之中的漏洞 |
[00:32] | some lewd scandal or base crime | 一些淫逸的丑闻 或是一些罪恶 |
[00:34] | with which to dispatch him to the dungeon | 把他送进地牢 |
[00:37] | or the gallows. | 或是送上绞刑架 |
[00:40] | He claims to lead a blameless life | 他声称过着清白的生活 |
[00:42] | married, sober, solvent… | 已婚 清醒 能力者… |
[00:44] | dull. | 无聊之人 |
[00:46] | But all men have their secrets, | 但是所有人都有秘密 |
[00:50] | and when I find Will Shakespeare’s, | 等我找到威廉·莎士比亚的秘密之时 |
[00:53] | I will crush him | 我会像 |
[00:55] | like a walnut betwixt the iron buttocks of a Titan. | 胡桃夹子压碎胡桃那般摧毁他 |
[01:04] | Oh, yes. | 哦 就该是这样 |
[01:06] | Oh, bloody yes! | 哦 就他妈该是这样! |
[01:08] | Nailed it! | 搞定了! |
[01:09] | “and this by that I prove, | “我终于明白 |
[01:11] | Love’s fire heats water, water cools not love.” | 爱火能使水发烫 水却难使爱火凉” |
[01:16] | Finished! By Jupiter’s hairy armpits! | 搞定了! 终于他妈的搞定了! |
[01:19] | Bloody finished! | 他妈的搞定了! |
[01:21] | Finished what, Mr Shakespeare? | 搞定什么了 莎士比亚先生? |
[01:22] | My 154th sonnet. | 我的第一百五十四首十四行诗 |
[01:24] | The cycle be complete. | 周期结束 |
[01:26] | Result! Oh, yeah! | 成果展出! 太好了! |
[01:28] | Who the bard? Me the bard! | 谁是吟游诗人? 我是吟游诗人! |
[01:30] | lambic pentameter is my bitch! | 抑扬格五音步是跪在我脚下的小婊砸! |
[01:34] | I thought you were working | 我以为你在努力写着 |
[01:35] | on your wonderful star-crossed lovers play. | 你那美好又不幸的爱情剧本 |
[01:38] | I am, Kate, | 我是在写 凯特 |
[01:39] | but a sonnet be like the idle wind | 但是十四行诗来得太快就像龙卷风 |
[01:41] | when it bubbleth within, you have to let it out. | 当它在你体内搅动的时候 你就要释放出来 |
[01:44] | Besides, these verses be my ticket to immortality. | 而且 这些诗句是我通往不朽殿堂的门票 |
[01:48] | Through them will I live forever. | 通过它们 我将永生 |
[01:50] | How so, Mr Shakespeare? | 为什么 莎士比亚先生? |
[01:51] | I’m to have them published. | 我要把它们都出版成册 |
[01:53] | Imagine it! | 想象一下! |
[01:54] | A play is but a puff of air, | 一个剧本不过是一阵空气 |
[01:56] | a player’s stinking breath doth give it life, | 演员们散发着臭气的呼吸给了剧本生命 |
[01:59] | but no sooner is it spoke than ’tis lost | 但是很快就会消散在那些 |
[02:02] | amid the burps and fartle-barfles of the groundlings. | 来看剧的无知观众的饱嗝里 |
[02:05] | But a published poem lives forever! | 但是出版过的诗歌将永远存活! |
[02:08] | People love ’em. | 人们热爱诗歌 |
[02:09] | Particularly now these short and easily-digestible sonnets | 特别是这些篇幅短小 简单易懂的十四行诗 |
[02:12] | have made the epic verse cycle look SO last century. | 让叙事诗看起来非常有上个世纪的感觉 |
[02:15] | Young people have such short attention spans these days. | 现在的年轻人 注意力都集中不了多久 |
[02:18] | And with publishing, | 这些要是出版成册的话 |
[02:20] | kids have instant entertainment | 孩子们夸张裤子的口袋里 |
[02:21] | in the pockets of their puffling pants. | 就有了即时娱乐 |
[02:24] | Oh, you see them hanging around together, | 我都能想象他们出去玩耍的时候 |
[02:26] | hunched over a book | 弯腰驼背地看一本 |
[02:28] | of 14-line iambic pentameter, | 写着十四行抑扬格五音步的书 |
[02:30] | thumbing away, transfixed like zombies. | 呆若木鸡 宛若僵尸 |
[02:33] | Not talking to each other. | 不爱言谈 |
[02:35] | Not interacting socially. | 不喜社交 |
[02:36] | Lost to the world. | 对身外之事浑然不知 |
[02:37] | “Get off your book of sonnets!” Cry parents up and down the land. | “不要再看那十四行诗集!” 父母们喊叫着 |
[02:41] | “You’ll develop a hunch!” | “你会驼背的!” |
[02:43] | I do worry about | 在刺激如此微小 |
[02:44] | how their brains will develop | 无法激发他们的想象力的年代 |
[02:46] | with so little variation | 我真的很担心 |
[02:48] | of stimulus to challenge their imagination. | 他们的大脑会如何发展 |
[02:50] | Who cares? | 谁在乎呢? |
[02:51] | The point is, sonnets are | 重点是 十四行诗歌 |
[02:53] | what the kids are digging and ever shall. | 才是孩子们该挖掘的东西 |
[02:56] | Which is why I have, for a time, abandoned drama | 这就是我一度放弃写剧本 |
[02:59] | and switched to churning out poems. | 改写诗歌的原因 |
[03:01] | I thought I’d never get them finished. | 我以为我永远都写不完了 |
[03:03] | I’ve been struggling over this last one all morning. | 最后一句话我挣扎了一上午 |
[03:05] | Couldn’t get the final rhyme. | 最后就是押不到韵 |
[03:07] | So you gave up? Probably best. | 所以你放弃了吗? 可能是最好的出路 |
[03:08] | I didn’t give up at all. | 我根本没放弃 有木有 |
[03:10] | I found my final rhyme, and it’s genius. | 最后的押韵我写出来了 而且非常完美 |
[03:13] | “and this by that I prove, | “我终于明白 |
[03:15] | Love’s fire heats water, water cools not love.” | 爱火能使水发烫 水却难使爱火凉” |
[03:22] | Except “Prove” Doesn’t actually rhyme with “Love”. | “明白”并没有和”爱”押韵 |
[03:25] | Ah, yes, but it nearly does, which is… which is even better. | 是的 但是十分接近… 这样更好 |
[03:29] | Hmm, not really. | 嗯哼 并没有 |
[03:32] | Yeah, it’s not even close. | 是的 根本就没有十分接近 |
[03:34] | For “Prove” To rhyme with “Love”, | 要让”明白”和”爱”押韵 |
[03:35] | you’d have to say “Pruv”, which would be just rubbish. | 你得说”明百” 不过那简直就是垃圾 |
[03:38] | Or you could say “Loove”. | 或者你可以说”爱清” |
[03:42] | “and this by that I prove, | “我终于明白 |
[03:44] | “Love’s fire heats water, water cools not loove.” | “爱火能使水发烫 水却难使爱清火凉 |
[03:50] | I think it could work… at a stretch. | 我觉得这个可以有… 还可以拖长音 |
[03:52] | I don’t want it to stretch! | 我不想要拖长音! |
[03:54] | The proper rhyme is boring. | 正式的韵脚过于无聊 |
[03:56] | I honestly think people prefer their poems | 我真的觉得民众会更喜欢 |
[03:58] | to actually rhyme, Mr Shakespeare. | 真正押韵的诗歌 莎士比亚先生 |
[04:00] | Course they do. Like that brilliant one | 当然了 就像那句 |
[04:03] | about the cock that couldn’t cluck. | 不能咯咯叫的公鸡一样 |
[04:05] | Have you written any poems lately, Bottom? | 你最近写了什么诗歌吗 宝特姆? |
[04:09] | Can we expect to see | 我们能指望在可预见的未来 |
[04:10] | a collection of 154 sonnets | 看到由神一样的宝特姆创作的 |
[04:12] | attributed to the divine Bottom in the foreseeable future? | 囊括了一百五十四首十四行诗的诗集吗? |
[04:15] | No. | 并不能 |
[04:16] | No? And why would that be? | 并不能? 为什么会那样? |
[04:18] | – Cos I can’t write. – Exactly. | – 因为我写不出 – 正是如此 |
[04:20] | Let all stand in wonder | 来全体起立惊奇地看看 |
[04:22] | at the world’s first illiterate literary critic. | 这位世界上第一个不识字的文学评论家 |
[04:25] | I thought you said all critics were illiterate. | 我认为你曾经说过所有的评论家都不识字 |
[04:28] | Don’t get clever with me, Bottom! | 别跟我油嘴滑舌的 宝特姆! |
[04:30] | I’m sorry. I thought I was thick. | 我很抱歉 我认为我很愚蠢 |
[04:32] | Which one am I? Clever or thick? | 我到底是哪个? 聪明还是愚蠢? |
[04:33] | I’m confused. | 我都被弄糊涂了 |
[04:34] | Thick, because you can’t see how good my rhyme is. | 愚蠢 因为你都看不出我的韵脚有多绝妙 |
[04:37] | Cos it doesn’t futtocking rhyme! | 因为它他妈的根本就不押韵! |
[04:38] | Which is the entire futtocking point. | 它恰好正是整个押上的点 |
[04:40] | Now shut thee that which eateth food but grows not fat, | 现在闭上你那吃又无法长肉的 |
[04:43] | speaketh words but be not wise, | 说却说不出聪明话的 |
[04:45] | and burpeth loud but makes not gas… | 且打了响嗝也放不出屁的… |
[04:48] | Bloody hell, master, just say “Mouth”. | 真要了命了 先生 直接说”嘴”不就得了 |
[04:49] | People aren’t impressed, you know. | 人们不会有共鸣的 |
[04:51] | Sorry, must try harder! My bad! | 不好意思 我必须努力! 我的错! |
[04:54] | Come on, boys. | 别这样 先生们 |
[04:55] | Let’s not fall out over a rhyme that doesn’t rhyme, | 我们不要再为一个不押韵的韵脚争吵了 |
[04:58] | even though it’s a rhyme. | 即使它是一个韵脚 |
[04:59] | Have you really written 154 sonnets, | 莎士比亚先生 |
[05:00] | Mr Shakespeare? | 你真的写了一百五十四首十四行诗吗? |
[05:03] | That’s amazing. | 太了不起了 |
[05:04] | Well, I find it therapeutic. | 我发现写诗有助于放松精神 |
[05:06] | They help me deal with my moods. | 它们能帮助我处理情绪 |
[05:08] | – Like being in love with a bloke. | – 比如爱上一个男人 |
[05:09] | – I am not in love with a bloke. | – 我没有爱上一个男人 |
[05:11] | You’ve written him a lot of poems. | 你给他写了那么多首情诗 |
[05:12] | Not just him. | 不只是他一个 |
[05:13] | My… My sonnets | 我的… 我的十四行诗 |
[05:15] | are inspired by twin muses. | 是由双生的缪斯赋予的灵感 |
[05:16] | The mysterious Fair Youth… | 一个神秘的美少年… |
[05:18] | Who you fancy. | 正是你中意的那个 |
[05:19] | Whom I admire aesthetically. | 正是我审美式的欣赏的那个 |
[05:21] | … and my other muse, | … 然后我的另一位缪斯 |
[05:23] | the sultry Dark Lady. | 一位风情万种的黑女郎 |
[05:24] | Who you absolutely definitely fancy. | 确定一定以及肯定是你中意的那个 |
[05:26] | Yeah. I absolutely definitely do, | 是的 我确定一定以及肯定中意她 |
[05:28] | ever since Kit Marlowe introduced us. | 自从基特·马洛介绍我们认识 |
[05:30] | But, Mr Shakespeare, you are a married man. | 但是 莎士比亚先生 你可是有妇之夫 |
[05:33] | I know that, Kate, which is why I’ve used my secret passion | 我知道 凯特 所以我才用我秘密的激情 |
[05:36] | to create a lengthy series of sonnets, | 去创作冗长的十四行诗系列 |
[05:39] | which I will then publish and thus become immortal. | 然后我会将它们出版 从此名垂不朽 |
[05:42] | So much more satisfying to consummate a passion poetically | 所以让你激情圆满的快感更多是 |
[05:45] | betwixt pure white sheets of paper | 诗意地栖息于纯白的纸张之上 |
[05:47] | rather than physically in the snowy linen sheets of love. | 而非肉体们纠缠于白亚麻床单之上 |
[05:51] | Hmm. At least that’s what I keep trying to tell myself, | 呃 不管怎么说 |
[05:52] | anyway. | 至少我一直是这么告诉自己的 |
[05:55] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[05:56] | But I must confess, | 不过我必须坦白 |
[05:57] | I have allowed myself one small romantic indulgence. | 我曾有过一次小小的浪漫的放纵 |
[06:00] | I have commissioned | 在正式出版前 |
[06:01] | Burbage and his players | 我已经委托伯比奇和他的演员们 |
[06:03] | to recite my sonnets to my twin muses prior to publication. | 为我的双生缪斯吟诵十四行诗 |
[06:07] | The first 126 to my Lord Southampton. | 前一百二十六首送给我的南安普顿勋爵 |
[06:10] | Lord Southampton?! | 南安普顿勋爵?! |
[06:11] | Is he the Fair Youth?! | 他就是那个年轻的贵族吗?! |
[06:13] | Good goss! | 好一剂猛料! |
[06:15] | Some might think it be him, | 有些人认为可能是他 |
[06:16] | but the identity will always remain ambiguous. | 但是年轻的贵族的身份将永远保持暧昧 |
[06:19] | And the other 28 I will send to Emelia Lanier. | 然后剩下二十八首我会寄给艾米利亚·拉尼尔 |
[06:22] | Emelia Lanier? | 艾米利亚·拉尼尔? |
[06:23] | Daughter of the celebrated Venetian court musician? | 那个著名的威尼斯宫廷音乐家的女儿? |
[06:26] | She’s the Dark Lady? | 她是黑女郎吗? |
[06:27] | Again I have left the matter open, | 再说一次 我已经把这问题留给大众去猜测 |
[06:29] | but between you and me it’s definitely her. | 但是我们私下里说那就是她 |
[06:32] | As if anyone will ever give a tosslington about it either way. | 说的好像有人会在乎这件事一样 |
[06:35] | And now I must journey to Stratford, | 现在我得回斯特拉特福了 |
[06:38] | where I keep the second copies, which I intend for publication. | 我把我打算出版的第二份副本放在家里了 |
[06:40] | Goodness, Mr Shakespeare. | 天哪 莎士比亚先生 |
[06:42] | You keep copies of these passionate poems | 你把这些情意绵绵的诗歌副本 |
[06:44] | in Stratford? | 放在斯特拉特福了吗? |
[06:45] | Aren’t you worried that Mrs Shakespeare might read them? | 你就不怕莎士比亚夫人会读到它们吗? |
[06:48] | No chance of that. | 不可能的 |
[06:49] | They be too well hid. | 它们被藏得很好 |
[06:50] | She can’t read. | 她不识字 |
[06:55] | Home am I… | 回家了我… |
[06:57] | Mother, Father, Wife, Daughter! | 母亲 父亲 老婆 女儿! |
[06:59] | Bring ale and pies. | 我带了麦芽啤酒和馅饼 |
[07:01] | Summon the twins from their dame school. | 召唤从圣母院学校回来的双胞胎 |
[07:03] | Your ever-loving husband, father and son is home. | 你们永远爱着的老公 父亲 和儿子回家了 |
[07:11] | Er, yes, well, not a bad journey. | 呃 是的 旅程还不错 |
[07:14] | Thanks for asking | 感谢问候 |
[07:16] | Only half a day late. | 只耽搁半天的时间 |
[07:18] | Coach crash at the Watford Turnpike. | 我们在沃特福德的收费公路上撞车了 |
[07:22] | It wasn’t the crash that delayed us. | 倒不是那起事故耽搁了我们 |
[07:23] | Amazingly, the local watch | 惊奇的是 当地的手表 |
[07:25] | cleared that up with some efficiency. | 倒是有效解决了这个问题 |
[07:27] | No, ’twas the fact that all | 不 事实是所有 |
[07:29] | who then passed must slow to a snail’s pace | 经过的人都走得慢的跟蜗牛一样 |
[07:32] | to gawp at the wreck. | 呆头呆脑地盯着事故现场 |
[07:34] | Why do people do that? | 为什么人们要那样做? |
[07:35] | It occurred to me that there be good and bad in all of us, | 我突然想到在我们所有人中都有好的和坏的 |
[07:39] | and they be in constant conflict. | 他们在不断的冲突 |
[07:41] | I’ve been toying with a | 我一直在自言自语地 |
[07:42] | soliloquy on the subject. What do you think? | 戏弄这个话题 你们对此怎么看? |
[07:44] | “To gawp, or not to gawp… | “看还是不看… |
[07:47] | that is the question. | 这是一个值得考虑的问题 |
[07:49] | Whether ’tis nobler to ogle | 是向被压扁在死马下的马车夫抛媚眼 |
[07:51] | At a coachman squashed under a dead horse… | 马车夫抛媚眼… |
[07:54] | … Or take arms against the urge to perv, | … 或是拿起武器反抗淫欲的目光 |
[07:57] | And by opposing, feel a bit better about oneself.” | 通过对比 自我感觉更加良好” |
[08:02] | What do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样? |
[08:03] | Might be useful somewhere? | 放在哪部剧本里面比较合适? |
[08:04] | I like the structure. | 我喜欢这句子的结构 |
[08:09] | Hello! | 嘿! |
[08:11] | I’m here! | 我在这里! |
[08:12] | Returned with news of ever more success in London. | 我在伦敦获得了空前的成功 |
[08:15] | My poetry is much noted. | 我的诗歌现在非常有名 |
[08:17] | Oh, I know all about your poetry, Will Shakespeare. | 哦 我读过你所有的诗歌 威廉·莎士比亚 |
[08:21] | She found the sonnets, Dad. | 她找到十四行诗的说 爸爸 |
[08:23] | You’re so crap, you really are. | 你太混蛋了 你真的 |
[08:26] | The sonnets? | 十四行诗? |
[08:27] | But surely she couldn’t read them. | 但是她不识字的说 |
[08:29] | She made me read them to her. | 她让我读给她听的 |
[08:31] | Why did I teach that girl to read?! | 我为什么教一个女孩子认字?! |
[08:34] | Hoist am I | 在社会上 我通过自己 |
[08:35] | by my own socially-enlightened petard! | 迸发出的进步的火花照亮人生 |
[08:38] | I never thought a son of mine could be so base. | 我从来没想过会有这么一个卑鄙的儿子 |
[08:41] | My own fault for marrying beneath me. | 这都是我下嫁的错 |
[08:43] | The only thing beneath you when you got married | 你这个女人 结婚时唯一在你下面的东西 |
[08:46] | was the bloody floor, woman. | 就是该死的地板 |
[08:49] | You didn’t have a pot to piss in. | 地上连个尿壶都没有 |
[08:51] | Who’s this Dark Lady, Will? | 谁是那位黑女郎 威廉? |
[08:54] | Dark Lady? I-Is there a Dark Lady? | 黑女郎? 有黑女郎人这个人吗? |
[08:57] | Oh, you know right well there’s a Dark Lady, forsooth! | 哦 你肯定知道黑女郎的 确实如此! |
[09:00] | Nobody says “Forsooth” Any more, Mum. It’s medieval. | 现在没人说”确实如此” 妈妈 太老土了 |
[09:05] | Oh, the Dark Lady in the sonnets? | 哦 你是说十四行诗里面的黑女郎吗? |
[09:08] | Yes, Will. | 是的 威廉 |
[09:09] | The lady in the sonnets. | 十四行诗里的那位女郎 |
[09:11] | The dark-eyed woman with the thick black hair | 有着浓密黑亮的头发和一双黑眸子的女人 |
[09:14] | you seem so fascinated with! | 把你迷得够呛的那个! |
[09:15] | Well… perchance ’tis thee, | 其实… 也许这个人是你 |
[09:18] | Anne, for… | 安妮 因为… |
[09:20] | you have dark eyes and raven hair. | 你拥有黑亮的双眼和乌黑的秀发 |
[09:24] | In a certain light. | 在特定的光线下 |
[09:26] | Good poetry is never direct or literal. | 优秀的诗歌都是来源于生活而高于生活的 |
[09:29] | The imagery should be oblique. | 那些想象成分不能太直白 |
[09:31] | Read me those bits we marked, Susanna. | 苏珊娜 读一读我们标记的地方 |
[09:35] | “Your love is as a fever… | “你的爱于我来说就像不退的高烧… |
[09:37] | Frantic mad with evermore unrest.” | 使我陷入疯狂 永不得安宁” |
[09:39] | Yuck, Dad! I mean, seriously, just yuck! | 恶心死了 爸爸! 真的 太恶心了! |
[09:42] | Is that about me, Will? | 这些都是在说我吗 威廉? |
[09:44] | Are you frantic mad with restless love for me? | 你是因为我而躁动不安吗? |
[09:46] | Is this really a proper conversation for the front parlour? | 在客厅说这样的话真的好吗? |
[09:50] | Mary, your husband’s taking a dump in the front parlour! | 玛丽 你的丈夫正在客厅上大号呢! |
[09:56] | It’s raining. | 外面在下雨 |
[09:58] | An Englishman’s home is his privy. | 英国人本来就是在家里上厕所的 |
[10:01] | Are you having an affair, Will? | 你是不是有外遇了 威廉? |
[10:03] | No. No, I… I swear. | 没有 没有 我… 发誓 |
[10:05] | Honestly. Truly. | 没有 千真万确 |
[10:07] | You do hurt me with these churlish suspicions | 你如此质问我让我很伤心 |
[10:10] | and bring to mine eye that which though ’tis water be not drunk | 我的眼中涌出水流 却无法饮用 |
[10:15] | and though ’tis salted be not cod. | 虽然它是咸的却不能腌制鳕鱼 |
[10:20] | What?! | 什么?! |
[10:21] | Tears, girl. Tears! | 眼泪 孩子 眼泪! |
[10:23] | Yeah, Dad, I know you mean tears. | 我知道 爸爸 我知道你说的是眼泪 |
[10:25] | I’m just, like, aghast. | 我只是 被你吓到了 |
[10:27] | Look, they can’t all be gold. It’s work in progress. | 我不可能说出句句箴言 这需要不断修改 |
[10:31] | Wife, please, | 老婆 别这样 |
[10:33] | I am a true and faithful husband. | 我是一名忠诚的丈夫 |
[10:36] | No other tufted lady grotto than thine… | 没有人能比得上你毛茸茸的洞穴… |
[10:41] | … hath given good shelter | …对于那些带着紫头盔的陌生人 |
[10:43] | to the stranger in the purple helm that doth… | 它很好地隐蔽了自己… |
[10:47] | .. that doth enter upstanding strong | 那些陌生人进去的时候笔直强壮 |
[10:49] | but departs a limp and shrunken weakling. | 离开的时候疲软萎缩 |
[10:53] | I am actually going to be sick. | 我简直要吐了 |
[10:56] | I shall certainly have to have a lie-down. | 我必须躺一会儿 |
[10:58] | I be married to thee. | 和我结婚的人是你 |
[11:00] | You’re married to me, | 你是和我结婚了 |
[11:01] | but you’re writing poems about some stinksome whore-slap! | 但是却给别的贱女人写诗 |
[11:05] | And the Fair Youth. | 还有美少年 |
[11:06] | Don’t forget the Fair Youth. | 别忘了那个美少年 |
[11:09] | Yeah, Dad, that is pretty weird. | 是的 爸爸 也太奇怪了吧 |
[11:11] | And dangerous. There’s laws, son. | 而且还很危险 儿子 法律可是有规定的 |
[11:13] | The Fair Youth is just a pal. | 那个美少年只是一个普通朋友而已 |
[11:17] | Look… | 好吧… |
[11:19] | I admit that while in London seen and admired have I | 我承认 我在伦敦时目睹了一些美好的事物 |
[11:23] | many dainties of beauty and experience | 并爱慕那些美好的体验 |
[11:27] | and perhaps did idly pen | 在空闲时 也许还写了 |
[11:28] | some obscure and somewhat impenetrable verse about them. | 一些关于他们的晦涩难懂的诗篇 |
[11:32] | But I be faithful to thee. | 但是我对你是忠诚的 |
[11:35] | Well… | 好吧… |
[11:37] | … maybe you are and maybe you aren’t. | … 也许是 也许不是 |
[11:40] | But I shan’t share my bed | 但是我现在不想和一个 |
[11:41] | with someone who is thinking about Fair Youths | 爱慕着美少年和黑女郎的男人 |
[11:44] | and Dark Ladies. | 同床共枕 |
[11:46] | So until you sort yourself out, | 所以在你想清楚之前 |
[11:48] | you can either sleep in the cowshed with Mrs Moo-Moo | 要么去牛棚和哞哞夫人睡 |
[11:51] | or you can sod off back to London. | 要么就滚回伦敦去 |
[11:55] | Because I don’t like you | 因为现在我讨厌你 |
[11:56] | very much at the moment, Will Shakespeare. | 灰常十分讨厌你 威廉·莎士比亚 |
[11:58] | I don’t like you very much at all. | 我一点也不喜欢你 |
[12:09] | Do you want to get in here? | 你想到这里面来吗? |
[12:12] | Oh, no… | 哦 不… |
[12:13] | you’re already up to your neck in it. | 你的脖子已经在里面了 |
[12:20] | “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?” | “我可以把你比作夏日吗? “ |
[12:25] | – Oh, I do think that’s pretty. – Yes. | – 哦 我真的觉得这句话很美 – 是的 |
[12:27] | Such a lovely image of | 这个画面真美 |
[12:28] | one’s love like a beauteous August morn. | 每个人的爱情就像是八月美丽的破晓 |
[12:30] | Yes. Fresh, sparkling, sun-drenched. | 是的 新鲜的 火花四溅 充满阳光 |
[12:32] | Hm, yeah, unless it’s raining. | 嗯 是的 除非下雨了 |
[12:34] | “Shall I say you’re a bit wet and soggy?” Hmm! | “我可以说你有一点湿了吗? ” 哼! |
[12:37] | Romantic? Don’t think so. | 浪漫? 我不这么想 |
[12:40] | Do stop doing that, Kempe. | 停止那样做 肯普 |
[12:43] | What? Stop what? | 什么? 停止做什么? |
[12:45] | Being brilliant? | 变得才华横溢? |
[12:46] | Can’t. “Why?” | 不能 “为什么? “ |
[12:47] | Cos I am brilliant. | 因为我就是这么有才华 |
[12:50] | That… That… laugh. | 那个… 那个… 笑声 |
[12:51] | You keep doing it all the time. Now, stop it! | 你总是不停地这么做 现在 停下来! |
[12:53] | Yes, it doth rattle me to my very teeth. | 是的 让我听得牙直痒痒 |
[12:55] | Oh, right, yeah, the laugh. | 哦 是的 笑声 |
[12:57] | See, the thing is… | 听着 事情是这样的… |
[12:59] | I see comedy everywhere, yeah? | 我随处都能看到喜剧 懂吗? |
[13:01] | I get stuff | 我所涉及的层面 |
[13:02] | you couldn’t even begin to get, so… | 你们都还没开始了解 所以… |
[13:04] | I understand comedy very well, thank you. | 我十分了解喜剧 谢谢你 |
[13:07] | Hm-hmm! Quite well, Burbage, quite. | 哼 哼!相当了解 伯比奇 相当 |
[13:09] | But if you’re a genius, like me, | 但是如果你像我一样是一个天才 |
[13:11] | there’s another level, so… | 就会发现还有另一个层面 所以… |
[13:13] | Another level, Kempe? | 另一个层面 肯普? |
[13:14] | Yeah. I see deep comedy, yeah? | 是的 我能看到喜剧的深意 懂吗? |
[13:16] | Beneath the, “Ooh, it’s a bit funny,” And beyond… | 比如下面 “哦 这有点好玩” 以及… |
[13:19] | to the secret, very funny comedy only I get. | 只有我能体会到隐晦的有趣的喜剧 |
[13:22] | That’s why I do | 这就是我为什么频繁地 |
[13:23] | my massively annoying laugh, yeah? | 发出令人讨厌的笑声 懂吗? |
[13:25] | To let you in on it. It’s a bit of a favour, really. | 告诉你一个窍门 这对表演很用 真的 |
[13:30] | Now, before I go to Lady Emelia’s, | 现在 在我去找艾米利亚夫人之前 |
[13:32] | I wanted your help, Kate. | 我需要你的帮助 凯特 |
[13:33] | I’m in urgent need of your unique insight into the feminine mind. | 我现在急需你独特的女性思维的洞察力 |
[13:38] | I’m looking for the understanding that only one woman | 我正在寻找只有一个女人才能传达给 |
[13:41] | can bring to the feelings of another. | 另一个女人的感情思想 |
[13:43] | Oh… | 哦… |
[13:44] | my… | 我的… |
[13:46] | God! | 天哪! |
[13:47] | Thank you! | 谢谢你! |
[13:48] | Thank you. Thank you! | 谢谢你 谢谢你! |
[13:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:52] | Pardon? | 什么? |
[13:53] | You’re finally going to let me be your Juliet! | 你终于让我饰演你的朱丽叶了! |
[13:58] | Don’t be ridiculous, girl. Whatever gave you that idea? | 别胡说八道 小姑娘 你怎么会有这种想法? |
[14:03] | When you begged | 当你说拜托我 |
[14:04] | use of my unique feminine understanding, I… | 运用我独特的女性思维时 我… |
[14:08] | … naturally presumed… | … 自然而然地认为… |
[14:09] | Naturally presumed? God’s bodikins, girl! | 自然而然地认为? 天哪 小姑娘! |
[14:12] | What nonsense! | 真是胡说八道! |
[14:13] | I know we’ve discussed the idea, but the more I think about it, | 我知道我们讨论过这个想法 但是我再三思考 |
[14:16] | the more I see that what is required | 再三发现 要有说服力地 |
[14:18] | to convincingly portray a woman on stage | 在舞台上扮演一个女人所需要的 |
[14:20] | is not feminine understanding or girlish insight, | 不是女性思维或者少女的洞察力 |
[14:23] | it’s a squeaky voice, pouty lips | 而是吱吱响的声音 撅起的嘴唇 |
[14:25] | and a couple of half-coconuts. | 和两个半个椰子的假胸 |
[14:28] | I just really… | 我只是真的… |
[14:30] | really feel that an actual girl | 真的觉得一个真正的女孩来演朱丽叶 |
[14:33] | would be more convincing. | 会更令人信服 |
[14:34] | Plus, it’s my dream. | 另外 这是我的梦想 |
[14:36] | Kate, be realistic. | 凯特 现实点吧 |
[14:38] | The law states that a woman may not attend university, | 法律规定女人不能上学 |
[14:41] | take a profession, | 拥有职业 |
[14:42] | hold public office or own property. | 担任公职或拥有自己的财产 |
[14:45] | Men are better than women, by law. | 根据法律规定 男人比女人优等 |
[14:48] | Exactly. | 确实如此 |
[14:49] | It therefore follows that | 因此这意味着 |
[14:50] | they must even be better at being women. | 男人们更擅长扮演女人 |
[14:52] | Well, that’s just obvious. | 好吧 这很明显 |
[14:54] | Now, please, | 现在 拜托了 |
[14:55] | forget these silly notions of becoming an actor | 忘记你这些想要成为演员的愚蠢打算 |
[14:57] | and attend to me. I need advice. | 然后听我说 我需要建议 |
[14:59] | Advice? | 建议? |
[15:01] | Be there no men left in Christendom to confide in? | 基督教徒中没有男人可以信赖的吗? |
[15:04] | Surely even the most ignorant | 即使其中最无知的人 |
[15:05] | would be a better oracle than I, | 也一定比我更适合成为圣人 |
[15:07] | who, though I read Virgil and Cicero… | 尽管我读的是拉丁文版的… |
[15:09] | in Latin… | 维吾尔和西塞罗的作品… |
[15:10] | have no cod-dangle, | 没有掉书袋子 |
[15:11] | which clearly be the font of all wisdom! | 这显然是集所有智慧为一体的文字 |
[15:14] | Kate… | 凯特… |
[15:15] | Do yourself a favour. Wind in Mrs Smartarse. | 为你自己好 识相一点 |
[15:19] | Blokes can’t stand clever birds. | 男人无法忍受过于聪明的女人 |
[15:21] | Can we focus? | 能听我说了吗? |
[15:23] | My wife Anne is very angry with me | 我的老婆安娜非常生我的气 |
[15:26] | because I’ve written 154 love poems to people who are not her. | 因为我写的一百五十四首情诗的对象不是她 |
[15:32] | God. Women! I mean, they’re so bloody sensitive. | 天哪 女人! 我是说 她们总是那么敏感 |
[15:35] | I know. I know. | 我懂 我懂 |
[15:36] | The point is, Kate, how can I put it right? | 重点是 凯特 我怎么样才能弥补我的过错? |
[15:40] | Well… | 这个… |
[15:41] | I suppose the first question is, do you still love Anne? | 我认为首先问题是 你还爱安娜吗? |
[15:45] | Yes, definitely. | 是的 当然 |
[15:47] | I… I honestly do. | 我… 说的是真的 |
[15:48] | Ignorant, illiterate milkmaid though she be. | 尽管她是一个无知的不识字的挤奶女工 |
[15:52] | It’s just that… | 只是… |
[15:53] | after 13 years, I’d… | 过了十三年 我… |
[15:55] | I’d really like to lie with someone else. | 我真的很想试着和别的女人上床 |
[15:57] | Well, duh! Huh! | 是的 当然了! |
[16:00] | I’m not going to. | 不是说我真的要和别的女人上床 |
[16:02] | I’d… I’d just like to. | 我就是… 就是想想而已 |
[16:04] | A lot. | 非常想 |
[16:05] | A really, really lot. | 非常非常想 |
[16:08] | Poetry helps me deal with these unworthy urges. | 诗歌能够帮助我发泄这邪恶的欲望 |
[16:11] | I grab my trusty nib, | 每当我握起笔尖 |
[16:12] | my wrist starts to fly and… | 我的手腕就会不由自主的动起来… |
[16:16] | … within a few strokes, relief pours out of me. | … 只要几下 我就会得到释放 |
[16:19] | Well… | 呃… |
[16:21] | I’m sorry, Mr Shakespeare, | 很抱歉 莎士比亚先生 |
[16:23] | but if ever things are to be right ‘twixt you and Anne again, | 但是如果你还想要和安妮和好的话 |
[16:26] | you’re going to have to stop loving whoever it is | 不管你这些… 下流的情诗是写给谁的 |
[16:28] | you’re writing these… naughty poems to. | 以后你都不要再留恋了 |
[16:31] | If only it were so simple | 要是真有这么简单就好了 |
[16:33] | but the Fair Youth and the Dark Lady are my twin muses. | 但是美少年和黑女郎是我的双生缪斯 |
[16:36] | ‘Tis they who empower my verse. | 是他们 让我的诗歌充满力量 |
[16:39] | Besides, once the two of | 再说了 如果他们中有谁 |
[16:40] | them read my sublime and bewitching sonnets, | 在读了我那令人赞叹和着迷的十四行诗之后 |
[16:43] | I… very much doubt that they’ll be able to stop loving me. | 我… 我相信他们肯定无法忘记我 |
[16:49] | “… and this by that I prove | “… 我终于明白 |
[16:51] | Love’s fire heats water. Water cools not lo-oove.” | 爱火能使水发烫 水却难使爱火凉” |
[16:59] | It doesn’t rhyme. | 根本不押韵 |
[17:01] | The sonnets, my lady. | 献给您的十四行诗 夫人 |
[17:06] | See how fervently she reads. | 看她读得多么沉醉 |
[17:08] | How grateful will she be to be the subject of such divine verse. | 能成为如此神圣诗篇的主角 她该有多么感激 |
[17:15] | Just reading the one | 我正读到这段 |
[17:17] | about my eyes being nothing like the sun. | 说我的眼睛一点也不像太阳 |
[17:19] | Ah, yes, a brilliant opening image, don’t you think? | 啊 是的 多么精彩的开篇 您觉得呢? |
[17:22] | The sun being bright, shining, radiant | 太阳代表明亮 闪耀 光芒四射 |
[17:26] | and, above all, hot. | 以及最重要的 热情 |
[17:28] | Yes, absolutely. | 是的 当然 |
[17:29] | But you are saying my eyes are not? | 但是你说 我的眼睛不是这样的 是吗? |
[17:31] | Bit of an own goal there, mate. | 哪壶不开提哪壶 哥们 |
[17:33] | Well, not as bright, shining, | 人的眼睛不可能和太阳一样明亮 闪耀 |
[17:36] | radiant or hot, obviously. | 光芒四射或者热情 |
[17:38] | We’re talking about the sun, Emelia. | 那可是太阳 艾米利亚 |
[17:43] | “If snow be white, | “如果雪是白色的 |
[17:44] | why, then, her breasts are dun.” | 那为什么 她的胸脯是暗褐色的” |
[17:50] | Dun… | 暗褐… |
[17:51] | is an English word for grey-brown, no? | 是英文单词黄褐色的意思 不是吗? |
[17:54] | As when you say… dun cow. | 平常会用这个词形容… 黄牛 |
[17:58] | Ouch. 2-0. | 二比零 你又输了 |
[18:00] | Well, yes, but the image is only partially bovine. | 呃 是的 但是这个意象不仅仅是牛 |
[18:04] | I’m… I’m not suggesting | 我… 我肯定不会说 |
[18:05] | you have but one bosom with four nipples. | 你一个乳房上有四个乳头吧 |
[18:09] | Will, you’re really digging a hole for yourself here, mate. | 威廉 你现在是在给自己挖坑 哥们 |
[18:13] | “The breath of my mistress reeks…” | “情人的呼吸 散发着臭气…” |
[18:18] | Were you happy with this as well, Mr Shakespeare? | 你也喜欢这一段吗 莎士比亚先生? |
[18:20] | I don’t know. Should it have been “Stinks”? | 我不知道 要不我换成 “散发出恶臭”? |
[18:25] | So this is supposed to be flattering? Just so I understand. | 所以说这是在赞美我吗? 我是这么理解的 |
[18:29] | I get it. Perhaps I should have explained. | 我明白了 我应该事先解释清楚的 |
[18:31] | This love sonnet is particularly brilliant | 这首情诗的精彩之处就在于 |
[18:34] | because besides being a | 它不仅仅是一首情诗 |
[18:35] | love sonnet it also satirises love sonnets. | 它还嘲讽了情诗 |
[18:39] | You see? | 你明白吗? |
[18:39] | You’re… You’re getting double-bubble. | 就好像你… 你得到了双重效果 |
[18:42] | Ah! This is satirical? | 啊! 这是讽刺? |
[18:46] | Yes. Conventionally, love sonnets are ridiculously flattering. | 是的 传统的情诗总是赞美过头 |
[18:50] | They make absurdly overblown | 它们总是荒谬的夸大 |
[18:51] | claims for the beauty of their subjects. | 对方的美貌 |
[18:54] | Well, we wouldn’t want that, would we? | 我们不想要这样的 是吗? |
[18:56] | Exactly. | 是的 |
[18:57] | The love I show you | 于是我进行了惊人的创新 |
[18:58] | in my startlingly innovative 130th sonnet | 这是我写的第一百三十首情诗 |
[19:00] | is greater, | 它其中的爱情更为伟大 |
[19:02] | because it recognises your flaws. | 因为它承认了你的瑕疵 |
[19:05] | Next time bring me sweets. | 下次给我写点好听的 |
[19:08] | Actually, I wrote a poem for you as well. | 实际上 我也为你写了首诗 |
[19:12] | Emelia, Emelia. | 艾米利亚 艾米利亚 |
[19:15] | By God, I’d like to feel ya! | 我多么想要触摸到你啊! |
[19:20] | At last! | 终于! |
[19:22] | A poem with a proper rhyme! | 押韵的诗歌! |
[19:26] | Good day, Mr Shakespeare. | 祝好 莎士比亚先生 |
[19:28] | Perhaps you’ll have better luck with your boyfriend. | 也许在你的男朋友那里 运气会好点 |
[19:32] | Lord Southampton is a pal. | 南安普顿勋爵只是我的普通朋友 |
[19:35] | “A woman’s face | “你有着女性优美的容颜 |
[19:37] | with Nature’s own hand Painted hast thou…” | 是自然之手亲手造就…” |
[19:40] | Hang on, stop there. | 等一等 停一下 |
[19:42] | So you’re saying I look like a girl? | 所以你的意思是我长得像个女人? |
[19:44] | Yes. I… I don’t mean it literally. | 不 我… 我没有这个意思 |
[19:46] | Oh, don’t you? | 你没有吗? |
[19:51] | “… For a woman wert thou first created.” | “… 你创造的第一个女人” |
[19:54] | Now, that means… | 等一等 这个的意思是… |
[19:55] | I’m so pretty that when God | 我太美了 上帝在创造我的时候 |
[19:57] | made me he actually intended to make a girl. | 心里实际上想要创造的是个女人 |
[19:59] | Yes, but as I quickly add… | 是的 正如我后面写的… |
[20:02] | “Till Nature, as she wrought thee, fell a-doting, | “大自然创造你的过程中 爱意逐渐萌生 |
[20:05] | By adding one thing.” | 于是给你加了一个物体 让你变成男人” |
[20:07] | Which would be a cod-dangle? | 这个物体就男性生殖器? |
[20:11] | Well, I don’t actually say it, but… | 呃 我并没有把它说出来 但是… |
[20:13] | So I’m a Venus with a penis? | 所以我就是一个有生殖器的维纳斯? |
[20:15] | A strumpet with a trumpet? | 长命根子的婊子? |
[20:17] | A Miranda with a stander? | 带了把的米兰达? |
[20:19] | A Judy with a protrudy? | 有男性生殖器的朱迪? |
[20:22] | Put very simply… | 简单的说… |
[20:26] | “And by addition me of thee defeated.” | “令我失意 她加了个物件” |
[20:30] | So, to be clear, you think I’m pretty, | 所以 你是想说 虽然我很美 |
[20:33] | but because I’m a man | 但是由于我是一个男人 |
[20:35] | you can’t have sex with me. | 你不能和我发生关系 |
[20:38] | But… | 但是… |
[20:39] | Get thee hence to your milkmaid wife | 所以你娶了一个挤奶工的老婆 |
[20:40] | who is clearly but a beard to your bechambered whoopsidom | 来掩饰你是个同性恋的事实 |
[20:44] | and returneth not till | 不仅如此 |
[20:45] | ye be ready to celebrate God’s rich rainbow! | 你们还打算繁衍生息! |
[20:52] | Not laughing at the word “Whoopsidom”. | 不是嘲笑”同性恋”这个词 |
[20:55] | Laughing beyond the word “Whoopsidom”. | 而是嘲笑同性恋本身 |
[20:57] | So, actually, that’s not offensive. | 所以 其实不算一种冒犯 |
[20:59] | Actually, I find it deeply whoopsiphobic. | 事实上 我觉得它仇视同性恋 |
[21:07] | Blimey. | 简直了 |
[21:08] | You try and write a nice series of classic love poems | 我本来想试着写写一系列古典情诗 |
[21:11] | and what do you get? | 结果我得到了什么? |
[21:12] | The Dark Lady objects to the tiniest allusion to halitosis | 黑女郎反对任何下流的暗喻 |
[21:16] | and the Fair Youth seems to have a problem with being told | 美少年不能接受别人 |
[21:20] | he looks like a girl. | 说他看起来像女的 |
[21:21] | I don’t know why I bother! | 我不明白我为什么如此在意! |
[21:24] | Twin muses not happy? | 双生缪斯不开心吗? |
[21:25] | No, Kate, they weren’t… which is really weird, | 是的 凯特 他们不高兴… 真是奇怪 |
[21:28] | because all 154 of them are works of genius. | 因为这一百五十四首诗歌都是天才之作 |
[21:32] | And what’s more, once they’re published, the world will know. | 而且 只要它们发表了 就会闻名世界 |
[21:36] | Bottom! I want Bottom! | 宝特姆!宝特姆在哪里! |
[21:38] | Yes, I think that is clear | 是的 从第一部分的一百二十六首 |
[21:40] | from the first 126 sonnets. | 就能清楚地看出来 |
[21:42] | Bottom, did you deliver | 宝特姆 你把我的 |
[21:43] | my sonnets to Her Majesty’s Master of Print | 十四行诗交给女王陛下的出版局 |
[21:46] | that they may be licensed for publication? | 以便它们有可能获得出版许可证? |
[21:48] | Yeah, I gave them straight over | 是的 今天早上我接把它们 |
[21:50] | to Robert Greene this morning. | 直接交给罗伯特·格林了 |
[21:51] | Greene? Robert Greene? | 格林? 罗伯特·格林? |
[21:52] | Yeah. Looks like he’s oiled himself into another top job. | 是的 他好像又升官了 |
[21:55] | He’s the new print master. | 他是新上任的出版局局长 |
[21:56] | Greene has my sonnets? | 格林拿到了我的十四行诗? |
[21:58] | This is terrible! | 太可怕了! |
[22:00] | He’ll probably deny me a licence out of spite. | 他很可能会为了泄愤不给我许可证 |
[22:03] | No, I think you’ll find it’s a little more serious than that, | 不 你会发现事情稍微比这严重一些 |
[22:07] | Mr Shakespeare. | 莎士比亚先生 |
[22:09] | Guards! | 护卫! |
[22:10] | Arrest this man for incitement to hugger-tuggery. | 逮捕这个煽动同性恋的人 |
[22:17] | Let go! What are you…? No! | 放开! 你干什么… ? 不! |
[22:24] | Mr Greene… | 格林先生… |
[22:27] | I am the Lord Inquisitor. | 我是审判官 |
[22:29] | Why lies this man upon the rack? | 为什么把这个人绑在刑架上? |
[22:31] | Sodomy, my lord. Sodomy. | 污秽之人 大人 污秽之人 |
[22:34] | This inquisition will | 等会儿经过审问就会 |
[22:36] | establish that Mr Shakespeare’s vile pornography | 发现莎士比亚先生的淫秽作品 |
[22:39] | is nothing more than an incitement to foul hugger-tuggery. | 都是煽动肮脏的同性恋的 |
[22:45] | They’re just poems! | 它们只是诗歌而已! |
[22:47] | Sodomy is a crime for which circumstantial evidence | 污秽是一项没有间接证据 |
[22:50] | is always allowable, | 的犯罪 |
[22:51] | there being rarely witnesses save the perpetrators… | 除了犯罪者之外很少有目击证人… |
[22:54] | and one of them is looking the wrong way. | 并且其中一个犯罪者使用了错误的方式 |
[22:58] | My lord… | 大人… |
[23:01] | I wish to speak in Mr Shakespeare’s defence, | 我想为莎士比亚先生辩护 |
[23:04] | assisted by my clerk, Ned Bottom. | 由我的手下 纳德·宝特姆从旁协助 |
[23:06] | Don’t you worry, Will. Bottom and I have been working on a plan. | 别担心 威廉 我和宝特姆有办法 |
[23:09] | Oh, God! | 哦 天啊! |
[23:11] | – Proceed. – Well… | – 接着说 – 额… |
[23:13] | I… pluck a text at random. | 我…就随手这么一翻 |
[23:21] | “Wilt thou, whose will is large and spacious…” | “你的心愿汪洋无边…” |
[23:25] | My lord will of course understand in this context | 他肯定心知肚明 “心愿”在这首诗里面 |
[23:27] | “Will” Clearly denotes carnal desire. | 明显暗指性欲 |
[23:30] | The man’s very business is literary criticism. | 格林的工作就是文学批判 |
[23:32] | He’s absolutely right. | 他说的完全正确 |
[23:34] | The couplet continues… | 诗歌的下一句是… |
[23:36] | “… Vouchsafe to hide my will | “… 难道不能容我把我的心愿 |
[23:38] | in thine,” | 在里面隐埋” |
[23:39] | the second “Will” Being quite obviously a deliberate pun | 第二个”心愿”显然是一个双关语 |
[23:42] | on the word “Willy”… | 暗喻”小鸡鸡”… |
[23:44] | … an, er, uncouth slang for the male sexual organ. | … 嗯 额 对男性生殖器的粗野叫法 |
[23:49] | Damn, he’s good! | 该死 他写得不错! |
[23:50] | I will quote the prisoner’s Sonnet 126, | 还有这个囚犯的十四行诗的第一百二十六首 |
[23:55] | which addresses this Fair Youth. | 献给一位美少年 |
[24:00] | “Th’expense of spirit in a waste of shame.” | “把精力消耗在耻辱的沙漠里” |
[24:03] | Clearly, in this context | 显然 诗中的 |
[24:05] | “Spirit” Is an allusion to seminal fluid. | “精力”暗指精液 |
[24:09] | He’s right. That is how the line is destined to be interpreted. | 他说得对 这句诗歌就应该这样解读 |
[24:13] | Thus we have an ejaculation in a “Waste of shame”, | 这样我们就能在”耻辱的沙漠里”射精 |
[24:17] | which can only mean a man, | 这只能指男人 |
[24:20] | for there is no more | 因为没有其它 |
[24:21] | shameful place in which to expend one’s spirit. | 羞耻的地方来消耗精力了 |
[24:23] | Apart from perhaps a donkey. | 除非是驴 |
[24:27] | Stretch the damned hugger-tugger | 给这个可恶的同性恋主义者行刑 |
[24:29] | till he confesses! | 直到他肯承认为止! |
[24:31] | A moment, if you please. | 请等一下 |
[24:33] | Don’t you worry, Will. I’ve got this. | 别担心 威廉 我有办法 |
[24:36] | Sorry, sorry. | 不好意思 不好意思 |
[24:41] | My Lord Inquisitor. | 审判官大人 |
[24:42] | – Yes. – You have the evidence before you. | – 嗯 – 你已经有证据了 |
[24:45] | 154 sonnets. | 一百五十四首十四行诗 |
[24:47] | But may I enquire if you’ve actually read them? | 但是我想请问 您真的读过吗? |
[24:50] | I’m not going to lie. | 我不想说谎 |
[24:53] | Skimmed a bit. | 我只是扫了一眼 |
[24:55] | And do you think that many people are ever going to read them? | 那你觉得会有很多人去读吗? |
[24:58] | Not really, no. | 实际上不会 不会 |
[25:00] | Of those who do actually read them, | 在那些真正去读的人中 |
[25:03] | how many of those do you think, honestly, | 说实话 你觉得有多少人 |
[25:05] | will actually have the faintest idea what it’s about? | 会真的对它的内容有一点想法? |
[25:07] | Well, not very many of them, if I’m honest. | 并不是很多 说实话 |
[25:10] | Just a minute! | 就一会儿! |
[25:11] | Of those who do have a vague idea | 在那些有一丝想法的人中 |
[25:13] | as to what they’re about, | 当谈论诗歌的内容时 |
[25:14] | how many of those will only have arrived at such an understanding | 会有多少人在老师枯燥的逼迫学习下 |
[25:18] | via forced study from joyless schoolmasters? | 还只能浅显的理解诗歌? |
[25:22] | Well, most of them, I imagine. | 大多数人 我猜测 |
[25:25] | Can’t really see them being read for pleasure. | 真的看不出他们会快乐的阅读 |
[25:28] | Not really a privy book, is it? | 黄书就不一定了 不是吗? |
[25:30] | Are you mad? They’re brilliant! | 你疯了吗? 他们很聪明的! |
[25:32] | The defence contends | 被告辩方表示 |
[25:34] | that far from being an incitement to sexual depravity, | 这些诗歌还远不能成为性腐败的刺激物 |
[25:37] | these sonnets are in fact an incitement to a nice long nap. | 实际上只是人们打瞌睡的诱因 |
[25:41] | Well, yes, I did nod off once or twice. | 没错 我的确睡着过一两次 |
[25:44] | I rest my case. | 案件到此结束 |
[25:47] | Release Mr Shakespeare! | 释放莎士比亚先生! |
[25:49] | – I object! – I bloody object, too! | – 我反对! – 我也严重反对! |
[25:55] | Well… thanks to you and Kit Marlowe, Bottom, I’m acquitted. | 感谢你和基特·马洛 宝特姆 我被无罪释放 |
[26:00] | But only on grounds that my poetry be too wilfully obscure | 但是我的诗歌只是故意地去模糊 |
[26:04] | for anyone to bother actually reading. | 那些不想真正阅读的人 |
[26:06] | Sometimes you’ve got to be cruel to be kind. | 有时候要想善良 必先残忍 |
[26:09] | I’ll no more of sonnets. | 我再也不写十四行诗了 |
[26:11] | I think you should write one more sonnet, Mr Shakespeare. | 我觉得你应该再写一首 莎士比亚先生 |
[26:14] | Another one, Kate? Why? | 另外一首 凯特 为什么? |
[26:16] | Who for? None likes them. | 为谁而写? 没有人喜欢它们 |
[26:18] | For Anne, your wife. | 为了安妮 你的老婆 |
[26:20] | I’ve been thinking about what you asked me | 我一直都在琢磨你问我的问题 |
[26:23] | how to win back her favour. | 如何赢回她的爱 |
[26:24] | And it seems to me that if ’twere poems to other women | 在我看来 如果你写诗给其他女人 |
[26:27] | which did upset her, | 会让她伤心 |
[26:28] | then to set it right, you must needs pen one to her. | 那要解决这件事情 你就得为她动一次笔 |
[26:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[26:33] | Of course! | 没错! |
[26:34] | What a subject! | 多好的主题! |
[26:36] | A love poem to an illiterate farm wench whom I only married | 一首爱情诗 送给和我结婚的目不识丁的农妇 |
[26:39] | cos I’d got her up the duffington. | 因为她 我唤醒了达夫敦 |
[26:42] | Such a challenge! | 多大的一个挑战! |
[26:44] | Hmm, yes. | 嗯 是的 |
[26:45] | The muse be upon me. | 灵感来了 |
[26:47] | “My darling, you are my entire world.” | “我的亲爱的 你是我的全世界” |
[26:51] | Good. Nice start. | 很好 很好的开头 |
[26:52] | “Though you be old… | “尽管你年老色衰… |
[26:55] | “And rather plumpish, sadly…” | “不幸的是 你身材臃肿…” |
[26:58] | Er… | 额… |
[26:59] | “A common, saggy, | “一个平凡 皮肤松弛 |
[27:01] | ignorant old girl…” | 无知的老女人… “ |
[27:03] | Er… | 额… |
[27:05] | “… and yet for all that I do love you madly.” | “…但是我疯狂的爱着你的全部” |
[27:10] | – Um… – What do you think? | – 嗯… – 你觉得怎么样? |
[27:12] | Pretty good so far, eh? | 目前还不错 嗯? |
[27:13] | It is good, but as a woman, | 是不错 但是作为一个女人 |
[27:15] | if I might suggest just one or two tiny cuts. | 我建议还是稍微删掉一两句 |
[27:19] | It isn’t even finished. That’s four lines. I need ten more. | 我还没写完 才四行而已 还要写多十行 |
[27:22] | Honestly, we’ve got enough. | 说实话 已经够了 |
[27:26] | “My darling, you are my entire world. | “我亲爱的 你是我的全世界” |
[27:31] | “I do love you madly.” | “我真的疯狂地爱着你” |
[27:36] | Is that it? | 没有了吗? |
[27:37] | Yes, that’s it. | 是的 没有了 |
[27:41] | Oh, Will, it’s lovely. | 哦 威廉 这首诗歌真美妙 |
[27:43] | Lovely? It doesn’t scan and it’s missing 12-and-a-half lines. | 美妙? 这可不是扫读 它还缺了十二行 |
[27:47] | I don’t care. All I ever wanted was me own sonnet. | 我不在乎 我只是想要我的十四行诗 |
[27:51] | My own sonnet by Will Shakespeare. | 威廉莎士比亚为我写的十四行诗 |
[27:53] | Hm… Yes… | 嗯… 好吧… |
[27:56] | Although it’s not actually a sonnet. | 虽然这不是实际意义上的十四行诗 |
[27:59] | I don’t care. | 我不介意 |
[28:00] | It says “I love you”, which is all a love poem should do. | 它有了爱情诗都该有的那句 “我爱你” |
[28:04] | Hm. A lot of people think that, which, personally, I find weird. | 嗯 很多人都这样觉得 但是我觉得很怪 |
[28:08] | Anyway, I’m done with sonnets. | 无论如何 我再也不写十四行诗了 |
[28:09] | They’ve brought me nothing but misery and rejection. | 除了痛苦和拒绝 它们什么都没带给我 |
[28:12] | These 154 will warm our toes a little, | 这一百五十四首诗歌至少还能暖暖我们的脚趾 |
[28:14] | and that’s all they’re good for. | 这也是它们仅有的优点 |
[28:16] | Ooh, stay thy hand, Husband. | 哦 住手 老公 |
[28:18] | There’s a couple in here might be worth a few groats. | 这里面有两篇也许还值些钱 |
[28:21] | There’s one about a summer’s day | 有一篇是关于夏天的 |
[28:23] | that I think could be popular on its first two lines alone. | 我觉得开头的两句会出名 |
[28:27] | And there’s another one about a marriage of two minds | 还有一篇写两种思想的婚姻 |
[28:30] | that I think might be a big hit at weddings. | 我觉得可能会在婚礼上大受欢迎 |
[28:34] | You think so? | 你真的这样认为吗? |
[28:36] | Come on, read me mine again. | 来吧 再为我读一读 你写给我的十四行诗 |
[28:39] | Oh, God, if I must. | 哦 天啊 如果我别无选择的话 |