时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:33] | In faith, I’m going to say something, | 我要说点什么 |
[00:35] | I really am going to say something. | 我真的要抗议一番了 |
[00:39] | There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, | 人们要是能够趁着高潮一往直前 |
[00:42] | leads on to fortune. | 一定可以功成名就 |
[00:43] | and I am definitely going to say something. | 我绝对得说些什么 |
[00:47] | Definitely. | 绝对 |
[00:48] | Something needs to be said, and I’m going to say it. | 必须有人站出来 我绝对要站出来 |
[00:51] | I’m going to take that | 我要将此事 |
[00:52] | something and give it a blooming good say it. | 好好说道一番 |
[00:56] | Er, excuse me, | 呃 您好… |
[00:58] | I’m… I’m awfully sorry, but | 非常抱歉打扰 |
[01:00] | do you mind? | 但您介意… 吗 |
[01:01] | Done it, said it! Something was said! | 说了 我已经说完了 |
[01:04] | The quiet man roars, the sensible majority found its voice! | 沉默之人怒吼 明智的大多数能明白 |
[01:07] | I said that something for England! | 在此我为英格兰发声 |
[01:10] | Of course, you should’ve said. | 当然 早说嘛 |
[01:12] | Help yourself, my friend. | 请便吧 吾友 |
[01:13] | Er, yes, thank you, very kind. | 呃 好的 谢谢 您真慷慨 |
[01:24] | Colin’s my name. | 我叫科林 |
[01:26] | I travel in… in jingly hats. | 我四处旅行… 扮演小丑 |
[01:28] | It’s a big time of year for me, with Christmas coming, you know. | 这会儿是旺季 你知道的 圣诞节快到了 |
[01:30] | It’s very seasonal, my game. | 所以我的生意应景得很 |
[01:32] | Oh, God, it gets worse… we’ve connected. | 老天 情况更糟了… 我们居然谈了起来 |
[01:35] | He thinks we’re having a conversation. | 他觉得我们在交谈 |
[01:37] | I’m trapped! | 我简直被困住了 |
[01:38] | The abyss yawns beneath me. | 深渊在我脚下张开大口 |
[01:40] | The gates of hell spring open. | 地狱之门朝我洞开 |
[01:42] | My only hope now is if I die of gastro from the bastable’s chop. | 现在唯一的希望是咬的那一口让我得胃病死掉 |
[01:46] | What’s your game? | 你又是做什么的 |
[01:48] | I must not tell him that I’m a playwright, | 我决不能告诉他我是位剧作家 |
[01:50] | for then will he regale me with jingly hat stories, | 因为那样他就会给我讲小丑故事 |
[01:53] | ever certain that they’re hilarious | 自信故事令人捧腹 |
[01:54] | and I could use them in one of my plays. | 说我也许能在自己的戏剧中用上 |
[01:57] | Think, think… | 快想办法 快想想… |
[02:01] | I’m a playwright. | 我是位剧作家 |
[02:04] | A playwright! | 剧作家 |
[02:05] | Oh, I could tell you a few stories. | 我倒是能跟你讲几个故事 |
[02:06] | You will never believe the hilarious things that happen | 你肯定无法相信这么搞笑的事情 |
[02:09] | in the jingly hat game. | 会发生在小丑这行当中 |
[02:11] | So many funny stories! | 好玩的故事太多了 |
[02:13] | I remember one year we were ordering jingly hats for Christmas, | 我记得有一年我们在为圣诞节订购小丑帽 |
[02:16] | they only had… | 他们只有… |
[02:21] | You are sad, my friend. | 你很伤心 吾友 |
[02:24] | You mourn your son | 你为你儿子哀悼 |
[02:26] | and curse whatever God or faith it was that took him. | 并诅咒把他夺走的上帝或者别的什么神 |
[02:29] | What? How? | 什么 怎么了 |
[02:32] | Your pain has turned to anger, | 你的伤痛化为愤怒 |
[02:34] | but only love can heal a broken heart. | 但只有爱可以治愈一颗破碎的心 |
[02:38] | If you know me, stranger, | 如果你了解我 陌生人 |
[02:40] | you must know that my heart will never heal. | 就会知道我的心不可被治愈 |
[02:43] | I will tell you a story to pass the journey. | 我来给你讲个故事 消磨旅途时光吧 |
[02:47] | A timeless tale for now and every Christmas | 这是一个永不过时的圣诞节故事 |
[02:51] | about a lonely man | 关于一个孤单的人 |
[02:53] | who had let his heart grow flinty, | 他心地冷硬 |
[02:56] | hard and bitter. | 坚如铁石 |
[03:00] | The child was thin and starved… | 而那孩子皮包骨头 忍饥挨饿… |
[03:03] | And they rejected him, | 他们拒绝帮助他 |
[03:05] | for he loved only money. | 因为他爱的只有金钱 |
[03:06] | Grave yawned open… Ghost came a-knocking… | 坟墓朝他敞开… 鬼魂叩门… |
[03:10] | “What vision is this, Spirit?” | 鬼魂 这是怎样的愿望啊 |
[03:14] | Fat Christmas goose! | 肥美的圣诞鹅啊 |
[03:16] | All rejoiced and made most merry. | 所有人的欢欣鼓舞 开心异常 |
[03:19] | God bless us, everyone. | 上帝保佑我们 保佑每一个人 |
[03:24] | Goodness, sir, that is a wonderful story. | 老天 先生 真是个绝妙的故事 |
[03:29] | Where did you hear it? When was it written? | 您从哪儿听来的 它又是何时问世的 |
[03:31] | I told you, it is timeless. | 我说过 这个故事永不过时 |
[03:32] | Maybe yesterday, perhaps a thousand years ago, | 也许就在昨天 也许在千年以前 |
[03:35] | perhaps it is not written and will not be for centuries. | 也许它没有问世 千百年后也不会如此 |
[03:40] | Now, that is spooky. | 听上去可真是诡异 |
[03:43] | What’s spooky? | 什么诡异 |
[03:44] | But you were… | 但你… |
[03:46] | Where’s the…? | 在哪儿… |
[03:47] | You fell asleep. I often find my stories have that effect. | 你睡着了 我发现我的故事有催眠功能 |
[03:51] | I think it’s because they’re so hilarious | 我想是因为它们太搞笑 |
[03:53] | that people get a bit overloaded and they just shut down. | 人们有点承受不来 于是就都自闭了 |
[03:56] | Yes, I expect that’s probably it. | 是的 我认为很可能就是如此 |
[04:03] | Father is here and ’tis almost Advent. | 爸爸回来啦 居然快到降临节了 |
[04:06] | Last trip home before the holiday. | 这是放假前我最后一次回家 |
[04:08] | Did you have a good journey, Dad? | 旅途还愉快吗 爸爸 |
[04:09] | Well, astonishingly | 当然 令人惊讶地 |
[04:12] | I might almost say spookily… I did. | 我甚至想说有点诡异… 旅途愉快 |
[04:15] | Goodness, does that mean that the long-promised improvements | 老天 这是不是意味着 这么长时间之后 |
[04:18] | to public transport have actually occurred… | 改善公共交通的承诺终于实现了… |
[04:21] | more frequent and faster services? | 服务更频繁 更快速了 |
[04:23] | Cleaner, less-crowded coaches? | 马车更干净 更宽敞了 |
[04:26] | Compensation paid out | 班次晚点或取消 |
[04:27] | promptly for late arrivals and cancellations? | 能及时赔偿了 |
[04:30] | No, family, it does not. Oh. | 没有 亲爱的家人 没有这回事 |
[04:32] | Because, in fact, those are not promises at all, but jokes, | 因为实际上 那些不是承诺 而是笑话 |
[04:35] | told for the amusement of Her Majesty’s ministers, | 只为取悦女王手下那些 |
[04:39] | wearied by luxury and power. | 坐拥权力和财富的大臣们 |
[04:41] | And like all good jokes, they will bear constant retelling | 而跟所有好笑话一样 它们被不断重复 |
[04:44] | and will, I imagine, | 并且我猜 |
[04:45] | still be being told even unto the next millennium. | 直到下个千禧年还会恒久永流传 |
[04:48] | So how come you did have a good journey, then, son? | 所以你的旅途怎么个顺利法 儿子 |
[04:51] | Did you catch the eye of some slapsome doxy | 是不是吸引了某个妓女的注意 |
[04:54] | and play flirty wirty footsie wootsie winky wonky with her | 在从斯劳回班伯里的路上 |
[04:58] | all the way from Slough to Banbury, | 跟她眉来眼去 对她动手动脚 |
[05:02] | and then actually cop a proper feel | 然后在奇平诺顿的点心店后面 |
[05:04] | behind the pie shop in Chipping Norton? | 跟她打上本垒 |
[05:08] | Not that that’s ever happened to me. | 反正这等好事我可从未碰上 |
[05:11] | No, Father, I did not, | 才没有 父亲 |
[05:14] | but I did hear a most marvellous Christmas story, | 但我确实听了一个绝妙的圣诞故事 |
[05:17] | a story of a soul redeemed, | 一个关于灵魂救赎的故事 |
[05:19] | and it made me think that perhaps, | 它让我想到 也许 |
[05:21] | in this Christmas of our sadness, | 在这个令我们悲伤的圣诞节 |
[05:23] | we… we might redeem our own souls a little | 我们也许可以做些好事 |
[05:25] | by doing some good in the world. | 来救赎自己的灵魂 |
[05:27] | How do you mean, Dad? | 这是什么意思 爸爸 |
[05:28] | Well, we have suffered a heavy loss, | 我们已经痛失所爱 |
[05:31] | and I confess that sometimes, in my grief, | 有时我在悲痛中忏悔 |
[05:33] | I have succumbed to anger and bitter rage at cruel fate. | 我已屈服于残酷命运里的天怒人怨 |
[05:37] | Me too. | 彼此彼此 |
[05:38] | How come little Hamnet was taken | 哈姆尼特撒手西去 |
[05:40] | while a wicked old goat like me is allowed to live? | 让我这不中用的老头子苟延残喘 |
[05:43] | It ain’t fair, makes no sense. | 命运不公 不可理喻 |
[05:45] | I’d have gone in his place 100 times. | 我宁愿为他死一百回 |
[05:47] | We all would. | 我们都愿意 |
[05:49] | But we can’t. | 然而我们不能这样 |
[05:50] | Instead, we must try and heal, | 相反 我们应当慰藉疗伤 |
[05:52] | perchance through love, through charity. | 也许爱和慈悲能让伤口平复 |
[05:55] | You and Mum give quite a bit to the poor already, Dad. | 你跟老妈已经给穷人够多的了 |
[05:58] | Yes, daughter, ’tis true. | 是的 女儿 的确如此 |
[05:59] | We… we always take our turnip heads to the village foodbank | 我们…经常把萝卜头捐给村里的食物银行 |
[06:02] | and… and we have our sponsored leper. | 还有…我们还资助麻风病人 |
[06:05] | Also, as you know, I have funded a Cambridge research fellowship | 同时 我还赞助了剑桥研究团队 |
[06:08] | into male pattern baldness. | 致力于研究男性型秃发 |
[06:10] | Although, for the avoidance of doubt, | 当然 我得澄清一下 |
[06:12] | I personally am not going bald… | 我不是秃子 |
[06:14] | I have shy hair. | 我这是贵人不顶重发 |
[06:17] | Is that you, husband? | 丈夫 你回来了 |
[06:18] | I didn’t hear the door. | 我没听见门响 |
[06:20] | My mind was wandering. | 正琢磨你什么时候回来呢 |
[06:22] | Yes, my sweet, ’tis I. | 是的 亲爱的 我回来了 |
[06:23] | Last trip home before the Christmas hols. | 圣诞假期前最后一次回家了 |
[06:25] | We shan’t do a lot this year. Just church, I think. | 今年聚餐不要太多了吧 参加教堂聚餐就好 |
[06:28] | I really couldn’t do a big feast. | 我真吃不了满汉全席了 |
[06:33] | She’s not getting any better, Dad. | 老爸 老妈还深陷悲痛之中 |
[06:36] | I mean, we’re all grieving, but Mum is just in bits. | 我们都很伤怀 可老妈是极度悲痛 |
[06:39] | It’s like you said, love, | 亲爱的 就像你说的 |
[06:41] | grief fills the room up of my absent child. | 悲哀代替了不在我眼前的我的孩子的地位 |
[06:45] | And thus am I resolved. | 这样更让我痛下决心了 |
[06:48] | Family, this Yuletide, | 家人们 这个圣诞节 |
[06:50] | we… we will not focus on the love that we have lost | 我们… 我们关注的不应是已经逝去的爱 |
[06:52] | but the love that we can make. | 而是即将创造的爱 |
[06:54] | This house is filled with sadness, | 家里到处是悲伤的气氛 |
[06:57] | and so we will spend the season in London, | 所以我们去伦敦度假 |
[06:59] | where I intend to make of myself | 我要在那里重新振作起来 |
[07:01] | that which begins with what a good dinner will do for a man, | 首先来顿丰盛的晚餐 |
[07:04] | is followed by the fourth of six, | 然后六分之四 |
[07:06] | then that verb that will move a javelin, | 然后玩标枪用什么动词来着 |
[07:09] | and finally Grandad after about four o’clock in the afternoon. | 最后是下午四点后的爷爷 |
[07:12] | Er, what? | 什么乱七八糟的 |
[07:14] | Come now, daughter, a good dinner may fill a man. | 女儿 一顿美食足以让人”吃饱” |
[07:17] | The fourth of six is Anne of Cleves. | 六分之四是指克利夫斯的”安妮” |
[07:20] | We throw a javelin… | 玩标枪用”投掷”… |
[07:21] | Fill, Anne, throw… | 吃饱 安妮 投掷… |
[07:23] | And Grandad after four each day is? | 那每天四点以后的爷爷是什么 |
[07:25] | Pissed! | 酩酊大醉 |
[07:27] | Exactly, I intend to make of myself a true philanthropist. | 答对了 我要成为真正的慈善家 |
[07:31] | Do you think, son, as a favour to us all, | 儿子 为了我们大家着想 |
[07:34] | you might give up your linguistical poncing toggling | 圣诞节期间 你能否暂停 |
[07:37] | for Christmas? | 咬文嚼字 |
[07:38] | Never, Father, for, as I think you know, | 老爸 这绝不可能 |
[07:40] | linguistical poncing toggling is what I do. | 咬文嚼字就是我的职业 |
[07:43] | The Christmas story has inspired me. | 那个圣诞故事给了我灵感 |
[07:45] | We have only now to find a soul in need of redemption. | 就差一个需要救赎的灵魂了 |
[07:50] | Make haste with those ledgers, Scratchit. | 账本能不能快点写 斯科奇 |
[07:53] | I am owed many debts and would collect my monies | 好多人欠我钱 那些欠债不还的 |
[07:57] | or seize the goods and properties of any who default. | 我要么去收钱 要么扣货扣房产 |
[08:01] | But ’tis Advent already, Mr Greene. | 可是格林先生 眼下快到圣诞节了 |
[08:03] | Do you mean to bankrupt family men at Christmas? | 你想人们在节日里破产吗 |
[08:05] | Christmas? Christmas?! | 圣诞节 圣诞节 |
[08:09] | Shame on you, Job Scratchit. | 乔布·斯科奇 你可真丢脸啊 |
[08:11] | Any man who would hide behind our Saviour’s birth | 任何拿圣诞节当挡箭牌 |
[08:13] | to renege on his debts deserves to starve. | 欠债不还的人 活该被饿死 |
[08:16] | God… | 上帝… |
[08:18] | God did not send his only son | 上帝把他的独子送来人间 |
[08:20] | that oafs and slatterns might gorge and quaff and rob honest men, | 可不是让傻子和荡妇胡吃海喝 打劫诚实的人 |
[08:24] | just as no doubt you’ll seek to rob me | 正如你从我这儿 |
[08:26] | of a half day’s work for the same reason. | 抢走了半天的工钱一样 |
[08:28] | Well, sir, begging your pardon, sir, | 先生 打断一下 |
[08:30] | but I was hoping to have Christmas afternoon off, | 可我真的希望圣诞节能休假半天 |
[08:33] | so as to make the season full merrily with my family, sir. | 跟我的家人一起欢度佳节 |
[08:35] | Full merrily, on what I pay you? | 拿着我给你的工钱 欢度佳节 |
[08:38] | And you, with a wife and six children in the house. | 你娶了一个老婆生了六个孩子 |
[08:42] | If you are stupid enough to make merry under those circumstances, | 你是蠢吧 一大家子要养活 还欢乐得起来 |
[08:45] | then you deserve your poverty, sir. | 活该你一穷二白 先生 |
[08:49] | We have love, Mr Greene, that makes us merry. | 我们的欢乐来自心中的爱 格林先生 |
[08:52] | I’ll get the door, sir. | 先生 我去开门 |
[08:55] | Love… | 爱… |
[08:56] | Love! | 爱 |
[08:59] | Can a man eat love? | 爱能填饱肚子吗 |
[09:01] | Will it clothe him in princely silk and velvet? | 爱能当锦衣狐裘穿上取暖吗 |
[09:03] | Will love buy medicine for his sick children? | 爱能当药给孩子治病吗 |
[09:06] | Of course not. | 显然不能 |
[09:07] | Love is worth nothing. | 爱简直一文不值 |
[09:09] | I will have none of it. | 我才不要爱呢 |
[09:11] | Good day to you, Mr Greene. | 格林先生 日安 |
[09:14] | Miss Kate, what business brings you here? | 凯特小姐 你怎么大驾光临了 |
[09:16] | I am come collecting monies | 我是来为有需要的人筹款 |
[09:17] | to bring comfort to the needy this Christmas. | 好让他们安心度过圣诞 |
[09:20] | Ha! Ha! | 搞笑 |
[09:22] | Bah! | 没门 |
[09:25] | Are there no prisons? No poorhouses? Let the poor go to them. | 没有监狱吗 没有救济院吗 穷人就该去那里 |
[09:29] | And if they cannot find a place, | 要没地方去 |
[09:30] | let them die and be quick about it, | 那就早早升天 |
[09:31] | and so relieve the surplus population. | 省得让人间人口过剩 |
[09:35] | How can you be so mean and nasty? | 你怎么这么卑鄙无耻啊 |
[09:38] | It’s a gift. | 天生的 |
[09:42] | Good day. | 再见 |
[09:45] | Can’t say I’m looking forward to Crimble much this year, Botski. | 宝特姆 今年我不怎么盼着圣诞节到来 |
[09:48] | I’m going to skulk about disguised and cloaked, | 我得偷偷摸摸乔装打扮起来 |
[09:50] | because “You’re supposed to be dead” | 因为这场假死 |
[09:52] | can really constrain a fella’s roistering. | 真的让人没法狂欢了 |
[09:53] | I thought you were pretending to be your own brother? | 你不是假装是你弟弟吗 |
[09:56] | Turns out, being a celebrity relative is a pretty tough gig. | 事实证明 当名人的亲戚还真不容易 |
[09:59] | At least it is if you want to party. | 至少参加派对就不容易 |
[10:01] | Everyone thinks I’m trying to cash in on my bro’s fame. | 所有人都认为我想利用他的名声赚钱 |
[10:03] | I mean, how craplington is that? | 真是太糟糕了 |
[10:05] | I suppose Will will be off to Stratford. | 我以为威廉要去斯特拉福 |
[10:07] | I suppose so. I reckon you’re well out of it, | 应该是 我猜你不去吧 |
[10:09] | Stratford’s so dull. | 那里真的太无聊了 |
[10:10] | Yes, remember last year it was all a bit quiet. Oh! | 是啊 还记得去年 太安静了 |
[10:13] | Apart, of course, from Greene turning up with soldiers | 当然 除了格林带兵来 |
[10:16] | and carting me off to the Tower! | 押送我去伦敦塔时 |
[10:19] | What Stratford-on-Avon needs is some sort of notoriety | 斯特拉福需要某种坏名声 |
[10:21] | or thing of interest to give it a reason to exist. | 或者是有趣的东西 才有存在的理由 |
[10:25] | – Like that’s ever going to happen. – Yeah. | – 怎么可能呢 – 是啊 |
[10:27] | Bottom, prepare spare beds and order extra pie. | 宝特姆 准备客床 多点些派 |
[10:31] | I’ve decided that the whole family | 我已经决定了 我们全家 |
[10:32] | will spend the season in London this year. | 将在伦敦度过今年的圣诞节 |
[10:35] | – Oh, good thought, that man! – Brilliant! | – 太明智了 – 太好了 |
[10:37] | Yea, let’s try and have a proper party. | 我们好好办个派对 |
[10:38] | I don’t know if we could quite handle a party this year, Kit, | 我想可能今年没心情办派对了 基特 |
[10:41] | but I have another plan, if you be willing. | 但是如果你感兴趣 我还有别的计划 |
[10:43] | Anything you like, mate, | 只要你喜欢就好 伙计 |
[10:44] | you know I’m here for you. | 你知道我是为了你才来这里的 |
[10:46] | And me, I’m here for you, too. | 我也是 为了你而来的 |
[10:48] | Well, obviously you’re hiding out in my house rent free, Kit, | 那是当然了 基特你藏在我家 也不用付租金 |
[10:51] | and I pay you to be here, Bottom. | 宝特姆 你则是我花钱雇来的 |
[10:54] | Anyway, I was thinking that what we need this year is a sense of purpose, | 不管怎样 我在想 今年我们需要使命感 |
[10:59] | a noble project to help us rise above our own sorrows | 一个崇高的目标 帮助我们摆脱悲伤 |
[11:02] | and honour the memory of our son. | 纪念我们的儿子 |
[11:04] | I recently heard a lovely story of Christmas redemption, | 我最近听到一个温馨的圣诞节救赎故事 |
[11:08] | and thus do I seek a soul to save. | 所以我要寻找一个灵魂来拯救 |
[11:11] | The only question is, whose soul? | 可唯一的问题是 谁的灵魂呢 |
[11:13] | I can’t believe it, I simply cannot believe it, | 我不敢相信 我简直不敢相信 |
[11:16] | the man literally has no soul. | 这个人根本就没有灵魂 |
[11:18] | He’s a monster! | 他是一头野兽 |
[11:19] | – What up, lady? Who’s a monster? – Mr Greene. | – 怎么了 女士 谁是野兽 – 格林先生 |
[11:22] | Greene, Kate? What about him? | 格林 他怎么了 凯特 |
[11:23] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[11:25] | He is a heartless swine | 他是一头没心没肺的猪 |
[11:26] | and a sanctimonious hypocrite, that’s what. | 是个假装虔诚的伪君子 |
[11:29] | Many a time and oft have we heard | 他经常说 |
[11:31] | his claims to piety and a Christian conscience, | 自己又虔诚又有基督徒的善心 |
[11:33] | and I am here to tell you that it’s all utter… | 我要告诉你们 那绝对是 |
[11:36] | ..Utter… | 绝对是 |
[11:38] | Well, if I am to say what his claims to piety are, | 如果我要说他所谓的虔诚是什么 |
[11:42] | then, in order to spare my maidenly blushes, | 那么为了不让我自己说出难以启齿的话 |
[11:44] | I must needs do as you do, Mr Shakespeare, | 我必须像你那么做 莎士比亚先生 |
[11:47] | and resort to linguistical poncing toggling. | 借助于语言上的暗喻和转换 |
[11:50] | God, really, must you? | 天呐 有必要吗 |
[11:52] | Yeah, this could take a while, I’ll get more ale. | 这得花点时间 我再去拿点啤酒 |
[11:54] | Intrigued am I, Kate. | 我很好奇 凯特 |
[11:56] | If what you wish to say of Greene’s claims to piety | 如果你认为格林所谓的虔诚 |
[11:59] | be indeed too coarse a thought | 对于弱女子来说 |
[12:00] | for a delicate maid to utter, | 过于粗俗 |
[12:02] | then by all means must | 那你当然可以 |
[12:03] | you resort to linguistical poncing toggling. | 可以借助语言上的暗喻和转换了 |
[12:05] | Right, in that case, | 没错 是这样的 |
[12:07] | his claims to piety are | 他所谓的虔诚是 |
[12:10] | what a bull leaves behind him, hot and steaming in a field, | 公牛留在地里的一种热气腾腾的东西 |
[12:14] | but which be not a deeply satisfied cow. | 但并不是一头感到满意母牛 |
[12:23] | Ki… kind of feel in this | 我… 觉得你这种 |
[12:25] | case that the linguistical poncing toggling | 暗喻转换 |
[12:27] | might actually feel a bit ruder | 比你真正想表达的东西 |
[12:29] | than the phrase you’re trying to toggle your way out of. | 还要粗鲁 |
[12:32] | You mean he’s talking bullshit. | 你的意思是他说的全是牛屎 |
[12:33] | Yes! | 对的 |
[12:35] | He claims the moral high ground, and yet, | 他声称自己道德高尚 但是 |
[12:38] | when I asked him for monies for the poor at Christmas, he said | 当我让他资助穷人时 他说 |
[12:40] | they’d be better to die and decrease the surplus population. | 他们最好去死 省得人间人口过剩 |
[12:43] | Oh, that is grim. | 真是够残忍的 |
[12:45] | I even heard him muttering that love was worthless. | 我甚至听到他念叨说爱一文不值 |
[12:48] | What?! That’s just potty! | 什么 这也太愚蠢了 |
[12:50] | Love is the very reason to be alive, particularly at Christmas. | 爱是活下去的理由 尤其是在圣诞节 |
[12:53] | Exactly! | 完全同意 |
[12:54] | And for all I despise Mr Greene for being a heartless brute | 我瞧不起格林先生 |
[12:58] | and for talking a lot of hypocritical, sanctimonious | 因为他残忍 无情 虚伪 |
[13:01] | what a bull leaves behind him, hot and steaming in a field, | 满口”公牛留在地里的一种热气腾腾的 |
[13:03] | but which be not a deeply satisfied cow… | 但并不是感到满意的母牛”的东西 |
[13:06] | ..I actually feel sorry for him. | 我替他感到遗憾 |
[13:07] | Me too. Sort of. | 我也是 有点吧 |
[13:09] | I mean, it’s terrible to be without love at Christmas. | 我想说 圣诞节没有爱真的是太可怕了 |
[13:11] | He is rich and powerful, and yet his bitter heart | 他富有还有权在手 然而他的黑心 |
[13:15] | and dead, empty soul make him poor indeed. | 和空虚死寂的灵魂让他实际上一无所有 |
[13:18] | You’re right, it is sad, but I can’t worry about him now, | 你说得对 很糟糕 但是我现在没空担心他 |
[13:21] | I’m trying to find a dead, empty soul to save | 我要找一个空虚死寂的灵魂来拯救 |
[13:24] | so that, through such a redemption, | 只有通过这样的救赎 |
[13:26] | I may make some peace with my own sad loss. | 我才能缓解一点悲伤 |
[13:30] | Hang on. Hang the futtock on! | 等一下 都他妈给我等一下 |
[13:39] | Christmas in London, such a treat! | 在伦敦的圣诞节 多棒啊 |
[13:42] | We must do our best to enjoy ourselves. | 我们一定要尽情享受自我 |
[13:45] | For Hamnet. | 为了哈姆尼特 |
[13:46] | I shall perambulate the Dilly | 我应该四处巡逻一番 |
[13:48] | – like the gentleman what I am. – Oh! | – 因为我是个绅士 – 哦 |
[13:50] | And I shall go into every single shop on the Strand. | 河岸上的每家商店我都要逛 |
[13:55] | Both of them! | 左右岸都逛 |
[13:57] | Never forgetting, of course, | 当然你们可不要忘了 |
[13:59] | that we have in mind a noble purpose. | 我们心怀着崇高的目标 |
[14:01] | Er, shopping is a noble purpose, Dad. | 呃 购物就是很崇高的目标 爸爸 |
[14:03] | A nobler purpose. | 我说的是更崇高的目标 |
[14:05] | I think he’s talking about this soul | 他说的是 |
[14:07] | he’s been banging on about saving, Mary. | 拯救灵魂的事 玛丽 |
[14:09] | But how are we to do it, love? | 但我们怎么拯救呢 亲爱的 |
[14:11] | Well, we certainly can’t do it alone. | 我们当然不能单独完成 |
[14:13] | We need a larger cast of | 我们需要更多的人 |
[14:14] | characters than our small family can allow. | 比我们小家庭的人多 |
[14:17] | Kate will help, she’s on her own again anyway because… | 凯特会帮忙 她一个人在家 因为 |
[14:19] | My mother is on yet another slap-and-ticklish winter break | 我妈妈又和她最新的小鲜肉男友 |
[14:22] | with her latest bit of saucy ruffington. | 淫乐度假去了 |
[14:25] | And Kit’s up for it, being at a loose end, having… | 基特也来帮忙 他反正闲着 因为… |
[14:28] | Faked my own death for reasons too dark and disgraceful | 我伪造了自己的死亡 出于黑暗羞耻 |
[14:32] | to discuss in delicate company. | 不能美女面前讨论的原因 |
[14:34] | Bottom… | 宝特姆… |
[14:36] | Does what he’s told. | 任你差遣 |
[14:38] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[14:39] | And I think it’s fair to | 确切来说 |
[14:40] | say that we do it because we are your friends, | 我们愿意帮忙 是因为我们是朋友 |
[14:42] | Mr Shakespeare, and we love you all. | 莎士比亚先生 我们都很爱你 |
[14:45] | Which is very heart-warming, Kate, | 真是感人 凯特 |
[14:47] | but even we happy band of brothers and sisters | 但即使是我们这温馨兄弟姐妹帮 |
[14:49] | are not sufficient for the plan I have in mind, | 也不足以完成我心中的计划 |
[14:52] | and thus do I intend to enlist the services | 所以我想把伯比奇和剧院 |
[14:54] | of Burbage and the acting company. | 拉入我们的团队 |
[14:56] | Oh, ouch! That’s going to cost you, Will. | 天呐 这可不便宜 威廉 |
[14:57] | Christmas rates for luvvie kisses are arse-watering! | 圣诞节时演员要价奇高 |
[15:02] | You’ll be paying top groat. | 你会花掉一大笔钱的 |
[15:03] | I don’t intend to pay them at all. | 我根本不打算付他们钱 |
[15:05] | I’m offering an incentive that no actor can resist. | 我要以一个任何演员都无法拒绝的名义进行 |
[15:09] | He wants us to work for nothing? At Christmas? Outrageous! | 他想让我们在圣诞节无偿工作 不可理喻 |
[15:12] | Mad outrageous, I ain’t doing it. | 简直疯了 我才不干 |
[15:14] | But, my dear fellows, you didn’t let me finish. | 亲爱的朋友们 我还没有说完 |
[15:17] | Mr Shakespeare writes that this is for charity. | 莎士比亚的信上说这是为了慈善 |
[15:20] | Oh! Oh, well, of course that changes things entirely. | 那事情的本质完全变了 |
[15:23] | I mean, being an actor, I do an enormous amount for charity. | 作为演员 我为慈善事业付出了很多 |
[15:26] | Me too. Like, loads. | 我也是 |
[15:27] | But ironically, obviously, keeping my edge. | 但讽刺的是 我保持着优势 |
[15:30] | For instance, if I was raising money for lepers, | 举个例子 如果我在为麻风病人筹款 |
[15:32] | I’d do gags about losing limbs. | 我会说一些有关失去四肢的笑话 |
[15:34] | So, “Oh, come on, let’s give ’em a hand. Ah!” | 比如 “来吧 让我们伸出援手” |
[15:37] | Only a bit of armless fun. “Crr! Ah!” | 和一些无臂的笑话 |
[15:40] | Which would be deeply offensive. | 这种笑话极度无礼 |
[15:42] | Possibly, from a lesser comic, | 如果由一般的演员来演 可能是的 |
[15:44] | but from a genius like me… | 但出自我这样的天才… |
[15:45] | brave, confronting, taboo shattering! | 勇敢 无畏 打破禁忌 |
[15:48] | So… | 就是这样… |
[15:49] | Shut up, Kempe! | 闭嘴吧 坎普 |
[15:50] | As actors, we all have | 作为演员 |
[15:51] | our causes about which we feel passionately. | 我们都有为之热血沸腾的事业 |
[15:54] | As actors, our charity work is very important to us. | 作为演员 慈善事业对于我们至关重要 |
[15:57] | But we don’t like to talk about it. | 但我们不愿谈论此事 |
[15:59] | Oh, absolutely not, heaven forfend. | 当然不能 这天理难容 |
[16:00] | I hate talking about the enormous amount I do for charity. | 我痛恨谈论我为慈善事业付出的巨大贡献 |
[16:04] | – Oh, likewise. – Same. | – 没错 – 我也是 |
[16:05] | The simple fact is, | 事实上 |
[16:06] | I’m too busy doing an enormous amount for charity | 我一直忙于为慈善事业付出 |
[16:09] | to have time to talk about the enormous amount I do for charity, | 使得我根本没时间谈论这些巨大的贡献 |
[16:12] | and I make that very clear to people. | 我跟大家都解释清楚了 |
[16:14] | So we are agreed. | 那么我们都同意 |
[16:15] | We will lend our sublime talents | 将我们卓越的才能 |
[16:17] | and the vast wells of public affection we enjoy | 以及对于公众事业的热爱 |
[16:20] | to Will and his charitable endeavour. | 借予威廉和他的慈善事业 |
[16:22] | But we won’t talk about it. | 但我们不会谈论此事 |
[16:24] | – Definitely not. – I intend to make that very, very clear. | – 绝口不提 – 我正打算明确此事 |
[16:28] | What’s the plan, Will? | 计划是什么 威廉 |
[16:29] | How are we to redeem this soul, and whose soul is it anyway? | 我们要如何救赎灵魂 而且究竟是要救谁 |
[16:33] | That of mine own worst enemy, Anne, | 我的死敌 安妮 |
[16:36] | a man with the moral compass of Henry VIII’s marriage guidance counsellor. | 一个道德水平好比亨利八世婚姻顾问的人 |
[16:41] | Robert Greene. | 罗伯特·格林 |
[16:42] | Dad, he hates your gutlings, why would you want to help him? | 爸爸 他恨你入骨 为什么你还想帮他 |
[16:45] | Because, daughter, it is Christmas. | 女儿 因为现在是圣诞节 |
[16:48] | And what is more, | 而且 |
[16:49] | this isn’t just about healing his soul but healing ours. | 不仅是为治愈他的灵魂 也是治愈我们自己 |
[16:53] | To give to others is also to heal oneself. | 予人玫瑰 手有余香 |
[16:56] | That, I believe, is the | 我相信 |
[16:57] | message of the story the stranger told me. | 这是那个陌生人讲的故事的真谛 |
[16:59] | But what is the story? What are we to do? | 什么故事 我们该怎么做 |
[17:02] | How are we to save this wicked soul? | 我们要如何拯救这个邪恶的灵魂 |
[17:05] | Well, to begin with, Mr Greene is shortly to encounter a ghost, | 首先 格林先生很快会遇到一个鬼魂 |
[17:10] | a ghost who will point him towards the error of his ways. | 这个鬼魂会指出他的错误 |
[17:14] | And how’s that going to work? Do you know any ghosts? | 这要如何实现 你认识鬼魂吗 |
[17:17] | Oh, most definitely. | 不仅认识 |
[17:19] | I… I live with one. Don’t I, Kit? | 而且住在一起 是不是 基特 |
[17:25] | And so the story begins. | 故事就这样开始了 |
[17:34] | Right, Susanna, Judith, you know what to do. | 苏珊娜 茱蒂丝 你们知道该怎么做 |
[17:41] | Oh, sir, | 先生 |
[17:43] | will you spare a coin for a hungry child at Christmas? | 你能给在圣诞节挨饿的孩子一枚硬币吗 |
[17:46] | Please, sir, it’s so cold, | 求你了 先生 天气好冷 |
[17:48] | and I have no shoes to wear. | 我没有鞋穿 |
[17:50] | Be off with you before I call the night’s watch. | 在我喊守夜人来之前赶紧滚 |
[17:51] | It’ll mean we starve. | 我们会饿死的 |
[17:53] | Well, if you must, you must, child, | 天命难违 孩子 |
[17:56] | and I will do you the service of not prolonging your suffering | 我对你们的善举 就是不用我的辛苦钱 |
[17:59] | with my hard-earned coppers. | 延长你们的苦难 |
[18:01] | Stingy, grotsome old arse-mongle! | 吝啬丑陋的老混蛋 |
[18:07] | Sue, that last line was not in the script! | 苏珊娜 剧本里可没有最后一句台词 |
[18:10] | I was improvising. | 我刚刚是即兴表演 |
[18:12] | I thought it was brilliant, aren’t you pleased? | 我觉得很精彩 你不满意吗 |
[18:14] | Judith, you’re the daughter of a writer. | 茱蒂丝 你是作家的女儿 |
[18:16] | You of all people should understand | 你应该比所有人都更明白 |
[18:18] | that the last thing a writer ever wants from an actor, ever, | 作家最 最不希望演员做的事 |
[18:21] | is improvisation. | 就是即兴表演 |
[18:22] | Next thing, Sue’ll be claiming she basically wrote the scene. | 苏马上就要说整场戏都是她写的了 |
[18:24] | Well, I sort of did. | 可以这么说 |
[18:26] | My line was definitely the best bit. | 我的台词绝对是画龙点睛 |
[18:27] | How sharper than a serpent’s | 逆子无情 |
[18:29] | tooth it is to have a thankless actor. | 甚于蛇蝎 |
[18:32] | Don’t be a bitter writer, Dad, it’s not a good look. | 别做愤恨的作家 爸爸 那可不好看 |
[18:35] | All writers are bitter, Judy. | 所有的作家都愤恨 茱蒂 |
[18:37] | We do 90% of the work, | 我们完成了百分之九十的工作 |
[18:38] | and then the actors get given the best tables in restaurants. | 而演员却得到了盛情招待 |
[18:41] | It’s just not blooming fair! | 这是天大的不公 |
[18:42] | Will! | 威廉 |
[18:43] | Shall we get back to the plan before Greene lets himself in? | 在格林进门之前 我们是不是该回归剧本了 |
[18:46] | Yes, absolutely, Kit, you’re on. | 当然 基特 该你出场了 |
[18:48] | Starve! | 挨饿 |
[18:50] | What care I if two children starve? | 两个孩子挨饿 关我什么事 |
[18:52] | Greene! | 格林 |
[18:54] | Robert Greene! Do you know me? | 罗伯特·格林 你还记得我吗 |
[18:57] | Marlowe, can it be you, with hair as white as snow? | 马洛 这发如雪的人啊 是你吗 |
[19:02] | Absolutely, it’s me, all right. | 毋庸置疑 是我 |
[19:05] | Although it’s not white, more a platinum blond. | 虽然这不是白发 更像铂金 |
[19:08] | Be you not dead? | 你不是死了吗 |
[19:09] | Dead, but not at peace. | 是的 但我并不安宁 |
[19:11] | I am Marlowe’s ghost, condemned to walk the night in chains as punishment | 我是马洛的鬼魂 作为生前风流倜傥的代价 |
[19:17] | for being such a legend of a bad boy while I lived. | 我被判处在深夜身负镣铐游荡 |
[19:21] | I quaffed and gorged whilst the poor starved, | 穷人在挨饿 我却在享用山珍海味 |
[19:25] | which was definitely not cool. | 这绝对不合理 |
[19:26] | Do not make the same mistake, Greene. | 不要不我的后尘 格林 |
[19:30] | Remember me. | 记住我的话 |
[19:32] | Remember me… | 记住我的话 |
[19:37] | A dream, surely? | 是个梦吧 |
[19:39] | Marlowe was dead to begin with, and yet… | 首先 马洛已经死了 但… |
[19:42] | ..And yet it was… Marlowe. | 刚刚确实是… 马洛 |
[19:47] | A toast, to the successful | 干杯 敬我们拯救格林灵魂之战 |
[19:49] | first act in the battle to save Greene’s soul. | 第一幕演出成功 |
[19:53] | Eh-eh, trying to save Mr Greene’s soul is a fool’s errand. | 拯救格林先生的灵魂是徒劳的事 |
[19:57] | It is like the assegai spear | 就像是一根长矛 |
[19:59] | which breaks in the thick hide of a raging bull elephant. | 在刺进一头愤怒的公象时折断了一样 |
[20:02] | Whatever do you mean, girl? | 你什么意思呢 姑娘 |
[20:03] | Pointless. | 毫无意义 |
[20:05] | I applaud the vigour of your imagery, | 你的想象力很生动 |
[20:07] | Miss Lucy, but I cannot agree. | 露西小姐 但我不敢苟同 |
[20:09] | The story the stranger told showed me that we’re all redeemable, | 那个陌生人的故事让我明白 人都能被救赎 |
[20:12] | even Robert Greene. | 即便是罗伯特·格林 |
[20:13] | Hm, if you believe that, | 你要是非这么觉得 |
[20:15] | then you are like the hunter who attempts to retrieve | 那你就像是试图从大象身上 |
[20:18] | the broken spear from the thick hide of a raging bull elephant. | 拔出断了的长矛的猎人 |
[20:20] | Slaughtered? Maimed? | 被宰了 残废了 |
[20:22] | Stupid. | 愚蠢 |
[20:24] | Miss Lucy’s probably right, love. | 露西小姐说得有道理 亲爱的 |
[20:26] | Greene may be even too wicked to be redeemed. | 可能格林太邪恶了 无法救赎 |
[20:29] | Well, not by Marlowe pretending to be a ghost anyway. | 马洛假鬼吓他是没什么用 |
[20:32] | Greene’ll just think he ate some bad cheese. | 格林可能以为自己吃坏了产生幻觉 |
[20:35] | Ah, but there’s a lot more to this idea than Marlowe’s ghost. | 这个计划可不只有马洛扮鬼 |
[20:38] | We’ve scarcely even started yet. | 这只是冰山一角 |
[20:40] | Now, Kit, you say that when | 基特 你说过 |
[20:41] | you knew Greene at university he did love? | 格林上大学的时候谈过恋爱 |
[20:44] | Oh, yes, absolutely. | 是的 肯定的 |
[20:45] | Little Bessie Watkins, the dean’s daughter. | 贝茜·沃特金斯 院长千金 |
[20:47] | Pretty as a picture. | 人美如画 |
[20:48] | Then tomorrow night, Mr Greene will see his Bessie again. | 那么明晚 格林将和他的贝茜重逢 |
[20:52] | Does she still live? | 她还活着吗 |
[20:53] | Afraid she died, mate, | 估计去世了 朋友 |
[20:54] | but I’ve heard she had a daughter. | 但我听说她有个女儿 |
[20:57] | That’ll do. | 那就行了 |
[21:02] | I’m Ephie Watkins, Mr Shakespeare, | 我是艾菲·沃特金斯 莎士比亚先生 |
[21:04] | but ’tis said that so alike am I to my dear mother, | 大家都说我和母亲特别像 |
[21:07] | it’s almost as if she still lives. | 就像她还在世一样 |
[21:09] | But this is brilliant! Perfect! | 这太棒了 完美 |
[21:11] | And did your mother ever speak of Robert Greene, Miss Ephie? | 你的母亲有提到过罗伯特·格林吗 艾菲小姐 |
[21:14] | He broke her heart. | 他伤透了她的心 |
[21:16] | She loved him and he loved her, | 他们彼此相爱 |
[21:18] | but he loved power and money more. | 但他更爱权力与金钱 |
[21:20] | Well, now you can help us show him what he lost. | 那么你可以帮我们让他看清失去了什么 |
[21:22] | We will conjure up a vision of a Cambridge Christmas | 我们会模拟很久以前剑桥的圣诞场景 |
[21:25] | from long ago, when Greene was merry and did love. | 当时格林还很美好 心中有爱 |
[21:28] | We will show him his Bessie in the full bloom of her youth, | 看到正值花季的贝茜 |
[21:32] | thus will he know what he has sacrificed for greed. | 这样他就会明白 贪婪让他失去了什么 |
[21:35] | What a wonderful plan! | 这个计划太完美了 |
[21:37] | And the fact that I am absolutely identical to my mother | 因为我完全和我母亲一个模子印出来的 |
[21:40] | in every way makes it perfect. | 这将更加完美 |
[21:42] | Exactly, you can really show Mr Condell how to play her. | 没错 你可以教教康戴尔先生如何演绎你母亲 |
[21:48] | He’s waiting in the antechamber. | 他就在前厅等着呢 |
[21:49] | Oh, Mr Condell? | 康戴尔先生 |
[21:51] | Miss Ephie, it will be an honour to play your mother. | 艾菲小姐 能扮演你的母亲是我的荣幸 |
[21:55] | Now, I take my character research very seriously | 我非常认真地研究我的角色 |
[21:59] | and shall study your every glance and gesture. | 我会学习你的一颦一笑 举手投足 |
[22:01] | See, I have your smile already. | 看 我已经学会你的笑容了 |
[22:06] | I will also commission a new set of coconuts, | 我打算订一箱椰子 |
[22:08] | the better to match your own. | 像你一样坚挺傲人 |
[22:09] | Um, Mr Shakespeare, | 呃 莎士比亚先生 |
[22:13] | can’t help feeling like we’re missing a trick here. | 我觉得我们可能误会了 |
[22:16] | As I mentioned, I am actually identical to my mother. | 正如我说 我和我的母亲是一个模子印出来的 |
[22:18] | Such delicate beauty. Isn’t she exquisite? | 多么精致的美女啊 她一定也很美吧 |
[22:22] | So maybe kind of… I should play her. | 所以可能… 我应该扮演她 |
[22:26] | Bitch! | 婊子 |
[22:29] | Money… | 钱 |
[22:31] | Fame… | 名气 |
[22:33] | Power! | 权力 |
[22:35] | Lucky you can pick a lock, Botski. | 幸好你会开锁 宝特姆 |
[22:37] | Ah, I’ve got a lot of skills I’ve not shown you, master. | 我还有很多绝活没露呢 主人 |
[22:39] | Yes, not least cooking a | 是么 就连烤一个像样的派 |
[22:40] | decent pie and sweeping the floor efficiently. | 扫一回像样的地也没露一手吗 |
[22:43] | You can’t be nice even at Christmas, can you? | 圣诞你都不能对我友善一点吗 |
[22:44] | I am being nice, just not to you. | 我很友善了 但你就算了 |
[22:46] | I’m saving a soul. | 我是来拯救灵魂的 |
[22:48] | Ah, Miss Ephie, you look marvellous. | 啊 艾菲小姐 你太美了 |
[22:50] | Mr Kempe, ready to give us your young Greene? | 坎普先生 准备演绎年轻的格林了吗 |
[22:53] | Neh, zneh, bah, Bacon And Bungay. | 呐 培根和邦吉 |
[22:56] | Just keep your back to him and say nothing. | 背对他 别出声就行 |
[22:59] | This is all about Miss Ephie. | 主要是艾菲小姐 |
[23:01] | Do you think I should kiss her? I reckon I should kiss her. | 你觉得我要吻她吗 我觉得有必要 |
[23:03] | Since we’re sweethearts, | 因为我们是恋人 |
[23:05] | I should definitely kiss her. | 我肯定要吻她的 |
[23:06] | May I remind you, Kempe, | 容我提醒一句 坎普 |
[23:07] | that this is a safe-space work environment | 我们这是健康阳光的工作环境 |
[23:09] | with a rigid code of practice on harassment? | 严格反对职场骚扰 |
[23:12] | Even if I claim later it was done ironically | 即使我事后解释 |
[23:13] | and in a spirit of banter? | 只是出于玩笑 |
[23:15] | Touch me once and you’ll | 你敢碰我一下 |
[23:16] | be wearing your scroting sac as a cravat. | 我会把你的阴囊做成领结 |
[23:19] | So no kiss, then? | 所以就没有吻戏吧 |
[23:20] | Probably better, leave it in the subtext. | 这样更好 当作是留白 |
[23:22] | Mr Condell, you ready? | 康戴尔先生 准备好了吗 |
[23:24] | I suppose so, although I’m still not happy | 差不多了 但我还是不乐意 |
[23:26] | about having to play the Ghost of Christmas Past | 扮演昔日之灵 |
[23:29] | while you give the leading female role to an amateur, | 还被个业余演员抢了女主角 |
[23:33] | and worse… a real girl! | 更糟的是 还是个女孩 |
[23:35] | I’ve told you, Mr Condell, Bessie is just a support part. | 我说过了 康戴尔先生 贝茜只是女配 |
[23:38] | The ghost is the lead female role. | 幽灵才是女主 |
[23:40] | But why must I wear this childish wig and silly dress? | 但我为什么非要穿戴这么蠢的行头 |
[23:42] | It’s most unflattering! | 丑死了 |
[23:44] | It’s not a silly dress, it’s a 14th-century nightgown. | 不蠢 这是十四世纪的睡衣 |
[23:47] | You wear it and the childish wig because you’re a ghost, | 你打扮成这样 因为你是幽灵 |
[23:49] | and it is an absolute rule of every age that, | 每个时代的幽灵都这样 |
[23:52] | unless otherwise stated, | 除非特别声明 |
[23:53] | all ghosts are represented | 所有幽灵都是 |
[23:55] | by spooky little girls dressed in antique night attire. | 穿着旧睡衣的幽灵女孩 |
[23:58] | Don’t know why, just is. | 别问了 就这样 |
[23:59] | Now get out there and get haunting. | 现在过去 游荡 |
[24:04] | Mark me, Mr Greene, mark me. | 看看我 格林先生 看看我 |
[24:08] | What? Who are you, child? | 什么 孩子 你是谁 |
[24:11] | What want you with me? | 你找我何干 |
[24:13] | I am the Ghost of Christmas Past, | 我是昔日之灵 |
[24:15] | come to show you the shadows of what has been. | 向你展示过去 |
[24:17] | And action. | 开始 |
[24:19] | Another Cambridge Christmas, ha-ha! | 又是一年剑桥圣诞 |
[24:22] | Let all be merry, for I am master here, | 作为主人 我要让所有人快乐 |
[24:26] | and I demand good ale, good vittles and good cheer for all. | 我要用佳肴美酒款待所有人 |
[24:33] | Do you recognise this place? | 你还记得这里吗 |
[24:35] | ‘Tis mine old college. | 是我的母校 |
[24:38] | And is that fezzie bezzie tezzie wezzie wig my old master? | 那个戴毛茸茸假发的是我以前的老师吗 |
[24:40] | The light is dim, it’s hard to see it, | 灯光太暗 看不清晰 |
[24:42] | but, oh, how I wish ’twere true, such fun I had. | 但我多么希望这一切是真的 拥有这般乐趣 |
[24:46] | And what do you see now, Mr Greene? | 现在你看到了什么 格林先生 |
[24:49] | Why… | 为何 |
[24:50] | Is it? | 是她吗 |
[24:52] | Can it be my Bessie? | 是我的贝茜吗 |
[24:54] | How beautiful, how exquisite! | 多么美丽 多么精致 |
[24:57] | Personally, I’m disappointed. | 我觉得很失望 |
[24:59] | No character, no depth. | 没有个性 没有深度 |
[25:01] | Stick to the script, Condell. | 按剧本来 康戴尔 |
[25:03] | But it’s such a shame, and I’d so wanted her to be good. | 但太丢人了 我希望她能演好点 |
[25:06] | See now, who is it sweet Bessie spurns? | 看啊 可爱的贝茜拒绝了谁 |
[25:09] | Be gone, you miserable miser. | 走开 你这个可怜的吝啬鬼 |
[25:11] | Good day. | 日安 |
[25:15] | Why, ’tis mine own younger self. | 这是年轻时的我 |
[25:19] | She weeps. | 她哭了 |
[25:20] | My Bessie weeps. | 我的贝茜哭了 |
[25:22] | Bessie has rejected you because you were cruel. | 贝茜因你的残忍而拒绝了你 |
[25:25] | You lost her through your greed. | 你因贪婪而失去了她 |
[25:27] | Well, actually, little bit more to it than that, | 事实上 不只因为这个 |
[25:29] | very much faults on both sides. | 双方都有错 |
[25:31] | I mean, I’ll admit she did complain about me being ambitious, | 我承认她的确抱怨过我总是雄心勃勃 |
[25:34] | but I honestly think it was all about her | 但我真觉得她就是 |
[25:36] | wanting me to focus on her. | 想让我多关注她 |
[25:38] | She was quite clingy like that, little bit needy, | 她非常黏人 缺爱一样 |
[25:41] | which at first I found endearing, | 开始我还觉得可爱 |
[25:43] | but eventually became really suffocating. | 后来让我觉得窒息 |
[25:45] | Yeah, I mean, she’d be jealous if I went out with my mates, | 我和朋友出去玩 她就吃醋 |
[25:48] | and she was always asking me | 她还总是问我 |
[25:49] | what I was thinking, which… which I hated. | 在想什么 讨厌什么 |
[25:51] | I mean, if she was angry about something, | 如果她有何不满 |
[25:53] | instead of just having it out, | 她不会发泄出来 |
[25:55] | she’d go into these long sulks, which was really draining. | 而是独自生闷气 真的很累 |
[26:00] | Better wind it up, Mr Condell. | 最好结束这个话题 康戴尔先生 |
[26:02] | Yes, he is rather hogging the action. | 嗯 他非常投入 |
[26:04] | The night grows dark, the vision fades, | 黑夜降临 视线模糊 |
[26:08] | look you last upon your beloved Bessie | 最后看一眼你心爱的贝茜 |
[26:10] | and consider what you have lost. | 想想你失去了什么 |
[26:12] | Mm, no, I honestly think splitting up was the right thing. | 不 我真心觉得分手没做错 |
[26:15] | We could’ve gone on torturing each other for a year or two, | 我们可以相互折磨一两年 |
[26:18] | but it was never going to work long term. | 但不能一辈子 |
[26:25] | Anyway, a great gig, I think. | 不管怎样 演出很成功 |
[26:27] | We’ve definitely given him a scare. | 我们的确吓到他了 |
[26:29] | And the Ghost of Christmas Present should really shake him up. | 昔日之灵应该能点醒他 |
[26:32] | Yes, er, what’s the plan for that, Will? | 嗯 还有什么计划 威廉 |
[26:35] | Creating some half-glimpsed dreams of the past | 一个隐隐烁烁的昔日梦境 |
[26:37] | was possible with smoke and mirrors, | 可以由烟雾和镜子打造 |
[26:39] | but I can’t see us pulling that off for Christmas Present. | 但现在之灵不能这样了 |
[26:42] | W… We won’t need to create anything this time… | 我们这次什么都不用做 |
[26:44] | the present is all too real. | 现在非常真实 |
[26:46] | Greene will witness the poverty of his own employee, | 格林会看到他员工的贫穷 |
[26:49] | his scrivener, Job Scratchit. | 他的账房先生 乔布·斯科奇 |
[26:51] | Mr Shakespeare, I really must protest against | 莎士比亚先生 我必须要抗议 |
[26:53] | this appalling business of using real people instead of actors. | 用真人而非演员的骇人行为 |
[26:57] | Yes, it’s very worrisome, Will. | 没错 这可不好 威廉 |
[26:59] | Where will it end? | 要到何种地步才能停下 |
[27:00] | Will there be a day when actors are surplus to requirement | 会不会有一天 娱乐行业中 |
[27:04] | to the entertainment industry? | 演员过剩呢 |
[27:05] | I’ve gone all cold. | 我都冒冷汗了 |
[27:07] | A day when lush and expensive dramatic productions are forsaken | 会有一天 华贵的戏剧被抛弃 |
[27:11] | in favour of some form of reality entertainment?! | 人们转而接纳某种真人秀 |
[27:15] | I admit, Burbage, that, as a writer, I… I do see the danger, | 伯比奇 作为作家 我承认我也发现了这危机 |
[27:18] | but what if one day people gave up on tragedies and comedies | 但如果人们某天抛弃悲喜剧 |
[27:22] | in favour of simply watching groups of real people interacting | 转而爱看一群真人在不同场景的互动 |
[27:26] | in various locations? | 会怎么样 |
[27:27] | Ah, that’s never going to happen, Mr Shakespeare. | 这永远不会发生的 莎士比亚先生 |
[27:30] | I hope you’re right, Miss Lucy. | 希望你是对的 露西小姐 |
[27:31] | There’d have to be at least the semblance of some extra idea | 至少有个特别的主题 |
[27:34] | to justify the exercise. | 来支撑这种行为 |
[27:36] | Oh-ho, pretending they all have to survive in a jungle together, for instance, | 比如说 假设参与者不得不在丛林中共同生存 |
[27:41] | or six pouting tarting slaps | 或是六个噘着嘴的轻佻女郎 |
[27:44] | and six strutsome humping knaves | 和六个吊儿郎当的无赖 |
[27:46] | roistering together on a sun-kissed island. | 一起在一个阳光普照的小岛狂欢 |
[27:50] | Actually, you know, I think that could work. | 其实 我认为可行 |
[27:56] | Money, power… | 金钱 权力 |
[27:59] | Being chased… | 被追逐 |
[28:00] | I’m falling! | 坠落 |
[28:03] | Taking an exam naked… | 赤裸裸地考试 |
[28:06] | Wake up, Greene. | 醒醒 格林 |
[28:09] | And the compliments of the season! | 圣诞快乐 |
[28:12] | Another spirit come to haunt me? | 又有幽灵来纠缠我了吗 |
[28:16] | ‘Tis I, the Ghost of Christmas Present, | 我是 现在之灵 |
[28:19] | destined to live but one day, | 命运让我只存在一天 |
[28:21] | but such a day! | 这一天 就是今天 |
[28:25] | Come, Greene, we’re off to a party! | 来吧 格林 让我们一起狂欢 |
[28:31] | Why, this is the home of my scrivener, Job Scratchit. | 为什么带我来乔布·斯科奇家 他是我的账房 |
[28:35] | They seem so happy. | 他们看起来真幸福 |
[28:37] | Such peace and contentment on their faces, | 虽然屋内火苗微弱 架子上也空无一物 |
[28:39] | and yet their fire is meagre and their shelves so bare. | 但他们脸上却写着平静与满足 |
[28:43] | How can they be happy when they are so poor? | 他们这么穷 为何还能如此快乐 |
[28:46] | It defies logic. | 这不合逻辑 |
[28:47] | Surely only money can bring happiness. | 只有金钱才能带来幸福 |
[28:50] | Look. | 看 |
[28:53] | Such joy, husband, such happiness. | 如此快乐 丈夫 如此快乐 |
[28:56] | It is Christmas time and we’re all together. | 圣诞佳节 我们得以欢聚一堂 |
[28:59] | Aye, wife, we are poor, but we have love. | 是啊 妻子 我们虽然穷 但我们有爱 |
[29:02] | And tomorrow I shall order a fat sparrow for our Christmas feast. | 明天我会为圣诞节盛宴添一只肥肥的麻雀 |
[29:07] | A sparrow! A whole one? | 一只麻雀 一整只吗 |
[29:09] | Yes! | 是的 |
[29:10] | I’ve been saving up all year, | 为此我省吃俭用一整年 |
[29:12] | and seasoned with the love that we shall each bring to the table, | 然后用我们一家人的爱来调味 |
[29:15] | it will taste like the finest goose. | 味道就像天下最美味的鹅 |
[29:18] | Mother, Father, it all looks so beautiful. | 母亲 父亲 家里一切都看起来好漂亮啊 |
[29:23] | Tiny Todge, you should be in bed. | 小陶奇 你早该上床睡觉了 |
[29:26] | I’m too excited thinking about Christmas. | 我一想到圣诞节就兴奋得睡不着 |
[29:28] | Are we really to have a whole sparrow?! | 我们真的会吃到一整只麻雀吗 |
[29:31] | Yes, Tiny Todge, | 是的 小陶奇 |
[29:33] | with half a potato and eight peas each, too. | 每人还有半个土豆和八颗豆子 |
[29:36] | Then God bless Mr Greene, | 上帝保佑格林先生 |
[29:39] | for without the coppers he pays Father, | 要不是他付给父亲的佣金 |
[29:42] | we could not afford such a feast. | 我们就负担不起这样的盛宴了 |
[29:44] | Yes, God bless Mr Greene, | 是啊 上帝保佑格林先生 |
[29:47] | for he has no love in his heart, | 他心中没有爱 |
[29:49] | so we must wish him a little of ours. | 真希望他能分到一点儿我们的爱 |
[29:53] | I’m finding these Scratchits a bit pukesome. | 我感到这家人有点做作 |
[29:55] | Yes, I will admit, I did find the similar family | 是啊 陌生人讲的故事中也有个相似的家庭 |
[29:58] | in the stranger’s story to be a tad on the gooey side. | 让我感到有些腻歪 |
[30:01] | I think if I ever write this up, I’ll tone them down a bit. | 如果是我写 我会让他们收敛一点 |
[30:04] | No, let the Scratchit family stand forever as a symbol | 不 就让斯科奇一家的形象永不磨灭 |
[30:08] | of simple faith and kindness. | 成为真善美的象征吧 |
[30:10] | You don’t think maybe just an edge of social realism? | 你不觉得应该稍微现实一点吗 |
[30:13] | Make the mum a depressive, the dad an alcoholic, | 塑造一个抑郁母亲 一个酒鬼父亲 |
[30:17] | the whole family locked in a cycle of poverty and dysfunction. | 整个家都笼罩在不可打破的贫穷破落的阴影下 |
[30:21] | It’s Christmas, Mr Shakespeare, keep it sugary. | 这是圣诞节 莎士比亚先生 请阳光一点 |
[30:25] | Tell me, Spirit, will Tiny Todge live? | 告诉我 幽灵 小陶奇能活下去吗 |
[30:29] | I see an empty chair | 我看见角落里 |
[30:31] | and an unused crutch leaning in the corner. | 有一把空荡荡的椅子 和一根尚未启用的拐杖 |
[30:33] | Can no-one help him? | 没人能帮帮他吗 |
[30:35] | Are there no prisons? | 难道这世上没有监狱吗 |
[30:37] | Are there no poorhouses? | 难道这世上没有救济院吗 |
[30:39] | If Tiny Todge is like to die, | 如果小陶奇这么半死不活的 |
[30:41] | then better surely he does it now | 还不如现在一死了之 |
[30:43] | and decreases the surplus population. | 也好缓解人口过剩 |
[30:46] | You turn my words against me, | 你一字不差地用我的原话 |
[30:48] | the very words I used… | 来回击我 |
[30:49] | God’s bodykins, I smell a trick! | 我滴个老天啊 我嗅到了阴谋的味道 |
[30:52] | Those words are exactly the ones I spoke to the girl Kate, | 他刚才的说辞 是凯特来收救济金时 |
[30:54] | Shakespeare’s friend, | 我告诉她的原话 |
[30:56] | when she came collecting alms. | 而她 是莎士比亚的朋友 |
[30:58] | And yet, this spirit claims to have been born but this morning. | 但这个幽灵却号称自己今早才诞生 |
[31:02] | And what is more, this spirit seems familiar. | 更可疑的是 他看起来有点眼熟 |
[31:06] | The voice, the girth… | 这声音 这体态 |
[31:09] | Can it be? | 会不会是 |
[31:10] | I will test him. | 我得试探一下 |
[31:14] | Spirit, ’tis a goodly thing you do, | 幽灵 你游走于夜晚 拯救灵魂 |
[31:17] | walking the night a-saving souls. | 是在做好事 |
[31:19] | A goodly charitable thing. | 做慈善的事 |
[31:22] | Perchance you do an awful lot for charity? | 是不是你对慈善事业贡献颇多呢 |
[31:25] | Well, yes, I do, actually, but I don’t like to talk about it. | 确实是这样的 但我不爱把这些挂在嘴边 |
[31:29] | Ha, discovered! He is an actor. | 哈 被我发现了 他是演员 |
[31:31] | This spirit is none but Burbage, | 这个幽灵就是伯比奇 |
[31:34] | who, like the girl Kate, is also Shakespeare’s friend. | 他跟那个凯特一样 也是莎士比亚的朋友 |
[31:38] | I smell a trick, a trick that began with | 阴谋从莎士比亚 |
[31:40] | yet another of Shakespeare’s friends, | 另一个朋友那里开始的 |
[31:42] | Marlowe, who rumour has long had it still lives. | 那个马洛 一直有传闻说他还活着 |
[31:47] | Ah, the Crow seeks to gull me with tricks. | 哼 莎士比亚想耍花招来骗我 |
[31:51] | Well, the gull shall gull the guller. | 那么 骗人者 人恒骗之 |
[31:58] | Spirit, | 幽灵 |
[31:59] | can I expect another ghost to visit tomorrow night, on Christmas Eve? | 明晚是平安夜 是不是还会有另一位幽灵来访 |
[32:05] | You will, Greene, and mark him well, | 是的 你可得小心 |
[32:08] | for ’twill be the most terrifying of all. | 因为他是最恐怖的幽灵 |
[32:12] | Remember me. | 请记住我 |
[32:14] | Remember me… | 记住我 |
[32:19] | I will remember you, Mr Burbage, | 我会记着你的 伯比奇先生 |
[32:22] | when I expose this trickery. | 等着我揭露你们的阴谋诡计吧 |
[32:24] | I will remember you all! | 我会记着你们所有人的 |
[32:27] | Right, this is the big one, the final ghost. | 最后这个幽灵 是重头戏 |
[32:30] | In the story the stranger told me, | 在陌生人讲给我的故事中 |
[32:32] | the antihero is shown a vision of the future. | 反英雄主人公看到了自己的未来 |
[32:35] | An old man has died but none mourn him, all despise his memory. | 一个死后无人缅怀 万人唾弃的老人 |
[32:40] | Dad, you will play the nasty old undertaker. | 爸 你来饰演讨厌的殡仪老头 |
[32:42] | And, Mum, | 妈 |
[32:44] | his wicked, avaricious wife. | 你来演他邪恶贪婪的妻子 |
[32:46] | Anne, you are the landlady, | 安妮 你来扮演女房东 |
[32:48] | stealing the pennies from the corpse’s eyes. | 偷走他尸体眼睛上的硬币 |
[32:51] | Mr Condell and Burbage, | 康戴尔和伯比奇先生 |
[32:53] | you are sneering neighbours come to gloat. | 你们来当幸灾乐祸的邻居 前来看笑话 |
[32:56] | Sue and Judy, children come to laugh. | 苏和茱蒂 你们是围观取乐的小孩 |
[33:00] | And, Mr Kempe, you will play the final spirit of all, | 坎普先生 你则来饰演最重要的幽灵 |
[33:03] | the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. | 未来之灵 |
[33:06] | Top-billed ghost, obviously, so… | 显然是片酬最多的幽灵 |
[33:10] | Mm, money, | 我的钱 |
[33:12] | gold, title… | 金子 头衔 |
[33:16] | And yet, I only pretend to sleep. | 然而我仅是假寐而已 |
[33:18] | I will make them rue the day | 我要令他们早知今日 |
[33:20] | they ever thought to make a fool of Robert Greene. | 悔不当初愚弄我罗伯特·格林 |
[33:23] | Hark, the fools assemble. | 听 傻瓜们登场了 |
[33:33] | Right, Kempe, do your stuff. | 坎普 开始吧 |
[33:35] | Greene, Robert Greene, | 格林 罗伯特·格林 |
[33:38] | I am the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. | 我是未来之灵 |
[33:42] | Now will I leap up and confront them. | 现在我要一跃而起直面他们了 |
[33:46] | Oh, Spirit, let me see thee! | 幽灵啊 让我看看你 |
[33:48] | Robert Greene! Mark me! | 罗伯特·格林 听好了 |
[33:52] | I am the Spirit of Christmas Yet to Come, | 我是未来之灵 |
[33:54] | here to show you shadows | 我降临此地 |
[33:56] | of the future, | 向你揭开未来的图景 |
[33:58] | shadows of pain and sorrow. | 让你感受未来的痛苦与悲伤 |
[34:00] | No, be gone, Spirit! | 不 消失吧 幽灵 |
[34:01] | Do not haunt me so. Be gone! | 不要纠缠我 消失吧 |
[34:04] | I beg you! Do not torment me! | 求你了 不要折磨我 |
[34:06] | Spare me these visions of horror. | 将这些可怕画面从我眼前抹去吧 |
[34:10] | Blimey, it’s going even better than I thought! | 嚯 比我想得还顺利呢 |
[34:13] | Come, come with me. | 来 跟我来 |
[34:16] | I will show you visions of that which is yet to be. | 我将为你揭开未来的图景 |
[34:29] | I think he’s fainted. | 我觉得他昏过去了 |
[34:31] | Job done, I reckon. | 完工了 |
[34:33] | Let us hope Greene awakes a better person. | 希望格林醒来后成为更好的人 |
[34:40] | Merry Christmas, one and all. | 各位 圣诞快乐 |
[34:43] | Yes, a quiet one this year, | 今年的圣诞十分安静 |
[34:45] | I think, but merry Christmas just the same. | 但还是祝你圣诞快乐 |
[34:47] | Aye, wife, | 是的 夫人 |
[34:48] | and we shall have our feast just as Hamnet would wish. | 我们该举办盛宴 哈姆尼特也会希望如此 |
[34:51] | In fact, I hear Bottom now | 实际上 我已经听到宝特姆 |
[34:53] | with our goose, the biggest in the shop. | 带着店里最大的鹅凯旋归来了 |
[34:55] | Oh! Master! | 主人 |
[34:57] | I couldn’t get the biggest goose in the shop cos… guess what?… | 我没买到店里最大的鹅 你猜怎么着 |
[35:00] | Robert Greene had been earlier and nabbed it. | 因为罗伯特·格林先下手为强了 |
[35:02] | And you’ll never guess why. | 你绝对猜不到为什么 |
[35:03] | We’ve gotta get round to the Scratchits’, come on! | 我们得赶紧去斯科奇家 快点 |
[35:09] | ‘Tis but a sparrow but cooked with love. | 麻雀虽小 但以爱为佐料 |
[35:12] | So God bless us, one and all. | 愿上帝保佑我们所有人 |
[35:15] | Ah, thank goodness I am not too late! | 感谢上帝 我来得还不算晚 |
[35:17] | Too late for what, Mr Greene? | 什么不算晚 格林先生 |
[35:19] | Why, to bring you a happy Christmas. | 送你们一个美满的圣诞 |
[35:23] | Here be roasted goose, | 这是烤鹅 |
[35:26] | and monies for your comfort, | 还有钱 能让你们过得舒服点 |
[35:29] | and medicine and care for Tiny Todge. | 还有给小陶奇的医药 |
[35:30] | Goodness, Mr Greene! Are you ill? | 天哪 格林先生 你病了吗 |
[35:33] | No, I am cured, | 不 我已重获新生 |
[35:35] | for I have seen the future, | 因为我看见了未来 |
[35:37] | and I must change it. | 我必须将其扭转 |
[35:38] | What future did you see? | 你看见了怎样的未来 |
[35:40] | A spirit took me there, | 一名幽灵引我前去 |
[35:42] | the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. | 未来之灵 |
[35:45] | He showed me a bare room with a coffin, | 我看到一个空荡荡的房间 里面有口棺材 |
[35:48] | but none mourned it. | 但无人为之默哀 |
[35:50] | All who had gathered did despise the deceased. | 在场众人都深深鄙视那名死者 |
[35:54] | They cursed his memory and called him cruel. | 他们咒骂他 认为他心狠手辣 |
[35:57] | Blimey! Our little tableau really did work well. | 哇 我们演的这出还真有用 |
[36:00] | I mean, frankly, I’m gobble smacked. | 真的让我大吃一惊 |
[36:03] | Such a sad scene, Mr Greene, | 这太糟糕了 格林先生 |
[36:05] | but who was this figure who none did mourn? | 但谁是那个无人默哀之人呢 |
[36:07] | I will tell thee, good Mrs Scratchit. | 我来告诉你 善良的斯科奇夫人 |
[36:11] | First, the spirit took my hand and guided me forward. | 首先 幽灵牵着我的手引我前行 |
[36:15] | With him were two starving | 他身边有两个饥肠辘辘的孩子 |
[36:17] | children who had leapt from a yawning grave. | 从一座裂开的坟墓跳出来 |
[36:21] | Their names were Hunger and Ignorance. | 他们的名字是饥饿与蒙昧 |
[36:26] | We be finer actors than I thought! | 我们的演技比我想的还好 |
[36:28] | Yes, we do seem to have conjured a rather more complex image | 是啊 我们留给他的印象 |
[36:31] | than we actually presented. | 似乎比我们实际呈现的更复杂 |
[36:33] | Ha, great acting, see? | 看到没 这就是出神入化的演技 |
[36:34] | It’s not what you do, it’s what you don’t do. | 重点不在于你演了什么 而在于适当留白 |
[36:38] | And thus did I know | 因此我才知道 |
[36:40] | that I must make amends | 我必须赔罪 |
[36:42] | and bring you a happy Christmas. | 帮助你们欢度圣诞 |
[36:45] | Just this year, obviously, there’s no point going mad. | 当然 仅限今年 否则才是疯了 |
[36:47] | And so, God bless you all and Tiny Todge. | 那么 上帝保佑你们每一个人以及小陶奇 |
[36:52] | Brilliant, what a result. | 好极了 这结局真棒 |
[36:53] | It actually worked. | 还真有用 |
[36:55] | We did it, husband. | 我们做到了 夫君 |
[36:57] | On this, our saddest of Christmases, | 在这个最令我们感伤的圣诞节 |
[36:59] | we did a bit of good in a cruel world. | 我们为冷酷的世界做了点好事 |
[37:01] | Yes, I… I think we did. | 是啊 我们是做了好事 |
[37:04] | Come on, dinner won’t eat itself. | 来吧 晚饭还等着我们呢 |
[37:22] | I’m glad we came back here | 夫君 我很高兴我们回来 |
[37:24] | for the last ten days of Christmas, husband. | 度过圣诞的最后十天 |
[37:27] | Life goes on, | 生活还要继续 |
[37:29] | and you have a wonderful story to steal for next Christmas. | 明年圣诞你可以把这故事化为己用了 |
[37:33] | Although, frankly, I think I’d change the kid’s name. | 但说实话 我可能会把孩子的名字换掉 |
[37:36] | I mean, Tiny Todge… Really? | 小陶奇 你认真的吗 |
[37:39] | Well, interestingly, | 有趣的是 |
[37:42] | in the stranger’s tale, the boy’s name was Tiny Tim. | 在陌生人的故事里 这孩子的名字叫小蒂姆 |
[37:45] | Oh, that’s definitely much better. | 那还真是好多了 |
[37:47] | Pretty pukesome either way, if you ask me. | 我觉得两个都很难听 |
[37:51] | But not my problem because, in fact, | 但没必要担心 因为 |
[37:54] | I’ve decided that I will not write this story. | 我决定不写这个故事了 |
[37:56] | Why not, love? I think it’s a cracker. | 为什么不呢 亲爱的 我觉得它棒极了 |
[37:58] | I have profited from it enough. | 它已经带给我很多好处了 |
[38:00] | We’ve all healed a little, | 我们都被治愈了一点 |
[38:02] | which I believe is what the stranger hoped when he told me it. | 我相信 这正是那个陌生人讲故事的本意 |
[38:05] | Besides, if I’m honest, it’s not really me. | 而且 说实话 这故事不是我的风格 |
[38:09] | Not enough baffling minor characters | 没有足够多扰乱视听的小人物 |
[38:11] | and bewildering subplots for my taste. | 没有眼花缭乱的次要情节 不符合我的品味 |
[38:13] | And frankly, I find the complete absence | 而且没有一丁点异装 |
[38:16] | of any cross-dressing very disappointing. | 这太让我失望了 |
[38:19] | So I… I think I’ll leave it. | 所以… 还是算了吧 |
[38:21] | Perhaps in some other age, | 或许在另一个时代 |
[38:23] | another great English writer, | 另一位伟大的英国作家 |
[38:25] | though not as great as me, obviously, | 当然肯定没我伟大 |
[38:28] | will be searching for a Christmas story, | 会想写一个圣诞故事 |
[38:30] | and the stranger will visit him. | 那位陌生人会去拜访他 |
[38:33] | Let that future writer have it from me, | 就让他从我这儿拿走这个故事吧 |
[38:35] | as a Christmas gift. | 作为圣诞礼物 |
[38:39] | Well, merry Christmas, husband. | 那么 圣诞快乐 夫君 |
[38:41] | Merry Christmas, wife. | 圣诞快乐 夫人 |
[38:43] | God bless us… every one. | 愿上帝保佑我们… 每一个人 |