时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | It’s waterproof. | 防水的 |
[00:11] | So it’s safe from my tears of joy. | 那它不会被我喜悦的泪水弄坏了 |
[00:13] | What’s wrong? Am… am I embarrassing you? | 怎么了 我让你丢人了吗 |
[00:16] | – At least take the flowers. – No! | -你至少收下花吧 -不行 |
[00:17] | If you won’t accept this simple gift, | 如果你连个小礼物都不收 |
[00:19] | then what does that say about our future? | 那我们的未来还有什么指望呢 |
[00:20] | We have no future. | 我们没有未来 |
[00:21] | – Tommy Harte? – Amy? | -汤米·哈特 -艾米 |
[00:23] | I don’t know if you’re seeing anyone these days, | 我不知道你最近有没有交往对象 |
[00:25] | but I could really use some cheering up. | 不过我今晚很需要有人陪我给我打气 |
[00:28] | I was… seeing someone. | 我本来是有对象的 |
[00:30] | But, uh, she recently broke up with me. | 但是她最近跟我分手了 |
[00:33] | Love is always a risk. | 爱情总是要冒风险的 |
[00:34] | The chance for love doesn’t come around every day. | 爱的机会不是每天都有的 |
[00:39] | Are you free Friday? | 你周五有空吗 |
[00:40] | Yes, lover. | 有的 爱人 |
[00:41] | “Ma’am” Will be fine. | 还是叫夫人吧 |
[00:43] | Now that Jade’s gonna live with us, | 既然洁德要和我们一起住 |
[00:44] | we gotta have some way to introduce her. | 我们就得找到介绍她的方式 |
[00:46] | Well, why don’t we just say she’s family? | 为什么不说她是我们的家人呢 |
[00:47] | I love that. | 我喜欢这个 |
[00:49] | Jade, what’s going on? | 洁德 出什么事了 |
[00:50] | – Duke is gonna kill Teacup. – Teacup? | -杜克要杀了茶缸 -茶缸 |
[00:52] | Our dog. He says if I don’t meet with him, | 是我们的狗 他说如果我不去见他 |
[00:54] | he’s gonna put her down. | 他就要杀死它 |
[00:56] | For the last two years, | 过去两年里 |
[00:57] | I’ve been pathetic Eli who… who can’t finish a screenplay, | 我一直都是那个连剧本都写不完的可悲伊莱 |
[01:00] | who can’t help pay the bills. | 账单也付不起 |
[01:01] | I just need a fucking win. | 我只需要一场胜利 |
[01:03] | I just want to feel like a man | 我只想让自己感觉像个爷们儿 |
[01:04] | and save a dog and have that be good enough. | 把狗救下来 做得足够好 |
[01:07] | Jade! | 洁德 |
[01:11] | April is very sweet. | 艾普尔人很好 |
[01:13] | She’s so free-spirited. | 她非常自由随性 |
[01:14] | You wouldn’t believe the fun we have together. | 你不知道我们在一起有多开心 |
[01:16] | Try one. | 尝一块 |
[01:17] | You know, marijuana? | 你懂的 大麻 |
[01:19] | I don’t think it’s working. | 好像没什么感觉啊 |
[01:22] | You’re acting like you’re drunk. | 你看起来像喝醉了 |
[01:24] | That might be the pot. | 那可能是因为飞叶子 |
[01:26] | – Pot? – It’s marijuana. | -飞叶子 -就是大麻 |
[01:28] | We will talk about this later. | 我们晚点再谈这事 |
[01:30] | I want to be a singer. | 我想做个歌手 |
[01:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:33] | I’m gonna be somebody someday. | 有一天我会出人头地 |
[02:45] | I want to be a mommy. | 我想当妈妈 |
[02:47] | I want to be a movie star. | 我想当电影明星 |
[02:50] | I want to be a superhero. | 我想当超级英雄 |
[02:54] | Saving the world. | 拯救世界 |
[02:56] | Taking care of my baby. | 照顾我的孩子 |
[02:58] | Going to parties in high heels. | 穿着高跟鞋参加派对 |
[03:06] | Handsome. | 帅气 |
[03:07] | Nice. | 善良 |
[03:09] | Democrat. | 民主党人 |
[03:16] | What? | 什么 |
[03:17] | Is that a joke? | 这是玩笑吗 |
[03:18] | That couldn’t happen. | 不可能的 |
[03:32] | * When I was just a little girl * | *我还是小女孩的时候* |
[03:36] | * I asked my mother * | *我问我妈妈* |
[03:38] | * “What will I be? * | *我会成为什么* |
[03:41] | * Will I be pretty, will I be rich?” * | *我会变得漂亮吗 我会变得有钱吗* |
[03:45] | * Here’s what she said to me * | *她这么对我说* |
[03:49] | * Que será, será * | *天意难违* |
[03:53] | * Whatever will be will be * | *该来的总会来* |
[03:57] | * The future’s not ours to see * | *我们无法预知未来* |
[04:01] | * Que será, será * | *天意难违* |
[04:05] | * What will be will be * | *该来的总会来* |
[04:10] | * Que será, será. * | *天意难违* |
[04:18] | So? | 怎么样 |
[04:19] | Um, what’d you think, Mr. Porter? | 你觉得怎么样 波特先生 |
[04:23] | Not bad, kid. Not bad. | 还行 孩子 还行 |
[04:26] | Really? So I got the job? | 真的吗 这么说我得到这份工作了 |
[04:28] | It’s just one night, but… | 就一晚 不过 |
[04:30] | if it goes well, we could talk about something more permanent. | 如果表现好的话 我们可以考虑让你长期驻扎 |
[04:33] | Oh, my God. Thank you so much. | 天呐 太谢谢你了 |
[04:35] | I’ll see you Tuesday. | 周二见 |
[04:38] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[04:39] | Oh, April, your first singing gig. | 艾普尔 你的第一份唱歌工作 |
[04:41] | Promise me you’ll come. | 答应我你会来看 |
[04:42] | – Tuesday night? – Mm-hmm. | -周二晚上吗 -嗯 |
[04:43] | I wouldn’t miss it. | 我一定不会错过 |
[04:44] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[04:46] | And you’ll finally get to meet Rob. | 你终于能见到罗伯了 |
[04:49] | What? | 什么 |
[04:50] | I told him that there was a chance | 我跟他说我有机会 |
[04:52] | that I could be booking this gig, | 得到这份工作 |
[04:53] | and he already agreed to come. | 他已经同意要来了 |
[04:56] | I’ll put you two at a table together. | 我会安排你们坐一桌 |
[04:57] | That way you can get to know each other. | 这样你们就能互相了解了 |
[05:01] | Can’t wait. | 迫不及待 |
[05:06] | You’ll have to help me find something to wear. | 你得帮我选衣服 |
[05:08] | I’m thinking maybe that blue dress with the sequins. | 我在考虑穿那件有金属片的蓝色裙子 |
[05:11] | Oh, yes, that’s nice. | 嗯 那件不错 |
[05:14] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[05:16] | Actually, I just remembered, | 我刚想起来 |
[05:17] | my aunt Lydia is getting an operation Tuesday. | 我莉狄娅姑妈周二要做手术 |
[05:21] | – An operation? – Mm, to… | -手术 -为了 |
[05:24] | fix her bunion. | 治疗她的拇滑液囊肿 |
[05:25] | I agreed to bring her home from the hospital | 我答应了要把她从医院接回来 |
[05:27] | and look after her. All night. | 然后照顾她一整晚 |
[05:29] | Well, can you get someone else to look after her? | 你能找别人去照顾她吗 |
[05:31] | You can’t miss my show. | 你不能错过我的表演 |
[05:32] | I already promised. | 我已经答应她了 |
[05:33] | And it’s… such a big bunion. | 是个很大的拇滑液囊肿 |
[05:39] | This is about Rob, isn’t it? | 是跟罗伯有关吧 |
[05:41] | What? | 什么 |
[05:43] | Just admit it. | 承认吧 |
[05:44] | You don’t want to meet him | 你不想见他 |
[05:46] | because you don’t approve of Rob and I’s relationship. | 因为你不赞同我和罗伯的关系 |
[05:53] | Believe me, that is not the reason. | 相信我 不是因为这个 |
[06:10] | I’m telling you, we’re lost. | 就跟你说吧 我们迷路了 |
[06:12] | Well, maybe if you’d asked for directions | 如果你在我们下高速的时候 |
[06:14] | when we got off the highway… | 记得问个路的话… |
[06:15] | Maybe if you’d picked a motel closer than 30 miles away… | 如果你能选个近一点的汽车旅馆的话… |
[06:19] | Oh, I think we go left here? | 我们应该从这左转吧 |
[06:26] | Oh, we’re going in circles. | 我们是在兜圈子 |
[06:27] | This is the third time we’ve passed that wino. | 这是我们第三次路过那个醉汉了 |
[06:30] | Well, it’s too dark to read the signs. | 太昏暗了我都看不清路标 |
[06:33] | Oh, stop and I’ll ask at the liquor store. | 停下 我去问问那家酒水店 |
[06:51] | We’re on Pike Street. | 我们在派克街 |
[06:52] | Show me the map. | 给我看下地图 |
[07:10] | Move along, kid. | 开走吧 孩子 |
[07:12] | Sorry, we were just leaving. | 抱歉 我们正准备离开 |
[07:13] | Not you, sweet cheeks. You’re busted. | 站住 可人儿 你被抓了 |
[07:15] | – Busted? For what? – Soliciting. | -被抓了 为什么 -卖淫 |
[07:18] | You think I’m a hooker? | 你觉得我是个妓女吗 |
[07:19] | For God’s sake, I’m wearing Yves Saint Laurent. | 拜托 老娘穿的可是YSL |
[07:21] | I didn’t say you weren’t successful. | 我可没说你不算成功 |
[07:23] | Uh, she’s with me, sir. | 她是和我一起的 先生 |
[07:24] | She was just asking directions | 她只是去问个路 |
[07:26] | because we got lost. | 因为我们迷路了 |
[07:26] | Relax, kid. I’m doing you a favor. | 放松 孩子 我是在帮你 |
[07:28] | You don’t want your first time to be with a pro. | 你不会想要把初夜献给一位老手的 |
[07:30] | How dare you? | 你胆敢信口雌黄 |
[07:31] | I’m a well-known philanthropist. | 我可是有名的慈善家 |
[07:33] | I don’t need to know your specialty. | 我不需要知道你的专长 |
[07:34] | – Let’s go. – What? | -跟我走 -什么 |
[07:35] | Come on. | 赶紧的 |
[07:36] | Hey! Seriously, sir, she’s my girlfriend. | 慢着 先生 她真的是我女朋友 |
[07:38] | I find that hard to believe. | 我不相信 |
[07:40] | Well, show him your license. | 给他看你的驾照 |
[07:47] | If we just met, | 如果我们是刚见面 |
[07:47] | how do I know his name is Tommy Harte | 我怎么会知道他叫汤米·哈特 |
[07:49] | and that he lives in Pasadena | 住在帕萨迪纳市 |
[07:50] | at 74 Oakhurst Drive? | 奥克赫斯特大道74号 |
[07:52] | His birthday is March 10. | 他的生日是3月10号 |
[07:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:56] | So, if you’re a couple from Pasadena, | 如果你们是帕萨迪纳来的情侣 |
[07:59] | why are you going to a motel in Azusa? | 为什么要去阿苏萨的汽车旅馆 |
[08:02] | We are having an illicit affair. | 我们这是婚外情 |
[08:04] | We’ve driven 30 miles to avoid being spotted | 我们开了30多英里是为了避免被 |
[08:06] | by his mother, who is my best friend, | 他妈妈 也就是我最好的朋友 |
[08:07] | and my husband, who is gay. | 以及我的同性恋丈夫撞见 |
[08:15] | Well, I got to give you points for creativity. | 不得不说 你们还挺有创意 |
[08:19] | Have fun, kid. | 玩得开心 孩子 |
[08:30] | Eli! Hey, can you walk Teacup for me? | 伊莱 你能不能帮我遛下茶缸 |
[08:32] | I’m helping Taylor pack for her trip. | 我在帮泰勒打包行李 |
[08:33] | – Yeah, sure. – Thanks. | -好的没问题 -谢了 |
[08:35] | Still going to Fresno, huh? | 还是要去弗雷斯诺 是吗 |
[08:37] | I have to. This conference has been on the books for months. | 我必须去 这个会议数月前都已经定好了 |
[08:39] | Honey, the people at your firm know that we were attacked. | 亲爱的 你公司的人知道我们被袭击了 |
[08:41] | I mean, they wouldn’t blink if you opted out. | 如果你取消的话 他们一定会理解的 |
[08:43] | I know, but I told my sisters I’m coming to town, | 我懂 但是我已经告诉了我的姐姐们我要回去 |
[08:46] | and they’re still threatening to visit this summer, | 她们仍旧威胁说这个夏天要来看我们 |
[08:48] | so we kind of want to break the news | 所以我们应该在她们来之前 |
[08:50] | about our living situation before that happens. | 先挑明我们目前的居住情况 |
[08:52] | Why don’t you just shoot them a text? | 你为何不发个信息给她们呢 |
[08:55] | I’m not gonna tell my sisters I’m in a throuple via text. | 我才不要短信告知我姐姐们我处在一段三人关系中 |
[08:57] | Yeah. Just make sure you tell them it was your idea, not mine. | 确保你告诉她们这是你的主意 而非我的 |
[08:59] | – But it was your idea. – Yeah, | -但这确实是你的主意 -没错 |
[09:00] | but your sisters hate me enough as it is. | 但是你的姐姐们已经够恨我的了 |
[09:02] | We don’t need to throw any more gas on that fire. | 我们就没必要再火上浇油了 |
[09:07] | You haven’t met them yet, but they’re awful. | 你还没见过她们 但是她们糟透了 |
[09:11] | All right, Teacup. | 好的 茶缸 |
[09:12] | Whoa, here we go. | 我们走 |
[09:19] | – Lamar. – Oh! You do know who I am. | -拉马尔 -原来你还记得我是谁啊 |
[09:22] | I was curious | 我正纳闷呢 |
[09:23] | ’cause you’ve been avoiding me for weeks. | 因为你已经躲我好几周了 |
[09:25] | No, no, no, no. I… | 没有没有 我… |
[09:27] | I-I was absolutely gonna call you back, man. | 我正准备打给你呢 哥们 |
[09:29] | I just… I’ve been incredibly busy. | 我只是…最近太忙了 |
[09:31] | I see you had time to get a dog. | 忙到有空养狗啊 |
[09:33] | Oh, forgot to tell you. | 对了 忘记告诉你了 |
[09:34] | You’ll like this. | 你会喜欢这个消息的 |
[09:36] | Finally had that threesome. | 我终于试了下三P |
[09:38] | I would ask what one has to do with the other, | 我很想问这和养狗有什么关系 |
[09:40] | but never the fuck mind. | 不过还是他妈的算了吧 |
[09:42] | – Where is my script? – Script? | -我的剧本呢 -剧本 |
[09:44] | The one you promised would be done a month ago? | 你许诺我一个月前就该写好了的那个剧本呢 |
[09:46] | The one I talked up to Paramount. | 我和派拉蒙影业谈好了的那个 |
[09:48] | Got ’em all excited, and now they’re pissed off | 他们当时都很兴奋 如今都气炸了 |
[09:50] | wondering what happened to it. | 不知道剧本是什么情况 |
[09:51] | Well, it-it’s almost done. | 就快…快要写好了 |
[09:52] | I’m just… making a few final tweaks. | 我只是…在做最后的细微改动 |
[09:55] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[09:56] | The only line older than that is “Let there be light.” | 比这更陈词滥调的怕是只剩”要有光”了吧 |
[09:59] | No, I’m not lying. Look, I-I swear to you… | 不 我没撒谎 听着 我向你保证… |
[10:01] | I swear to you, I will have it to you in one week. | 我向你保证 一周内我会把剧本交给你 |
[10:04] | No. You got 24 hours. | 不行 你只有24个小时 |
[10:06] | Starting now. | 计时开始 |
[10:08] | Come on, man, we’re supposed to be friends. | 别这样啊 哥们 我们本该是朋友的 |
[10:10] | Look, I am your friend. | 听着 我是你的朋友 |
[10:11] | Any other agent would have kicked your ass to the curb long ago. | 换做是其他经纪人早就抛弃你了 |
[10:13] | Okay, well, yeah, and of course, | 好吧 没错 当然了 |
[10:15] | I’m grateful that you stood by me, | 我很感激有你挺我 |
[10:16] | but please, I mean… Give me till Friday. | 但是拜托了…宽限到这周五 |
[10:18] | You got till 10:15 tomorrow. | 最后期限是明早10点15分 |
[10:21] | Tweak fast. | 快点改吧 |
[10:25] | Are you having an affair? | 你是在搞婚外情吗 |
[10:27] | Really, Karl, before breakfast? | 真的吗 卡尔 早餐前说这个 |
[10:29] | No, I heard you on the phone this morning. | 不 我今早听到你讲电话 |
[10:31] | You were arguing with someone, | 你在和某人争执 |
[10:33] | refusing to meet unless they found a discreet location. | 除非这人找到一个隐蔽的地点 不然你拒绝见面 |
[10:36] | You listened to a private conversation? | 你竟敢偷听私人谈话 |
[10:39] | – You should be ashamed of yourself. – Well, I am… | -你应该感到惭愧 -我确实很惭愧… |
[10:41] | after I’ve had sex with a busboy in an alleyway, | 在小巷子里和一个餐厅勤杂工做完爱之后 |
[10:44] | but I-I don’t really break a sweat over eavesdropping. | 但是偷听我心安理得 |
[10:47] | Regardless, I don’t owe you any explanations, | 无论如何 我不欠你什么解释 |
[10:49] | – so drop the subject. – Oh, go on. Tell me who it is. | -所以换个话题吧 -快告诉我这人是谁 |
[10:52] | Is it one of our friends from the country club? | 是我们乡村俱乐部的朋友吗 |
[10:54] | The tennis instruct… No, the chef. | 网球教…不对 是那个厨子 |
[10:57] | Karl, I believe you’re jealous. | 卡尔 我看你是嫉妒了吧 |
[10:59] | Oh, don’t be daft. | 别傻了 |
[11:01] | Oh, by the way, if it is a busboy named Julio, | 对了 如果他是一名叫胡里奥的餐厅勤杂工 |
[11:05] | will you give him my regards? | 你能否替我向他问个好呢 |
[11:07] | Mm, the irony is just delicious. | 这讽刺可真是太美味了 |
[11:10] | Is it one of our neighbors? | 是我们的某位邻居吗 |
[11:13] | Dig all you like, Karl. | 随便你怎么猜 卡尔 |
[11:14] | Even if I were having an affair, | 就算我有婚外情 |
[11:16] | you’d never hear his name from me. | 你绝不会从我这里听到他的名字的 |
[11:20] | We need to talk about Tommy. | 我们得谈谈汤米 |
[11:24] | The bed news is he’s been acting strangely. | 坏消息是他最近一直鬼鬼祟祟的 |
[11:27] | He leaves the house at all hours of the night. | 他整晚整晚地不在家 |
[11:29] | Won’t tell me where he’s been when he comes home. | 回家后也不告诉我他去了哪里 |
[11:31] | Oh, I do hope Tommy hasn’t fallen in with the wrong crowd. | 我希望汤米没有误入歧途 |
[11:35] | Why are you looking at me? | 你为什么看着我 |
[11:37] | I’m offering you a cookie. | 我在递给你曲奇 |
[11:40] | Right. | 好吧 |
[11:41] | The good news is I got him a new job | 好消息是我给他找了份新工作 |
[11:44] | working for Bader’s Nursery. | 贝德尔的苗圃公司 |
[11:46] | He’ll be doing home care. | 他将去做入户照料 |
[11:47] | – Home care? – That means he’ll go into people’s houses | -入户照料 -也就是说他会去到别人家里 |
[11:50] | and water their plants while they’re at work | 在他们外出工作或者度假时 |
[11:52] | or on vacation. | 给植物浇浇水 |
[11:54] | Will he? | 是吗 |
[11:55] | This is where the favor comes in. | 这就是我来拜托你们的原因 |
[11:56] | I’m asking all of my friends to hire Tommy. | 我要请我所有的朋友都雇佣汤米 |
[11:59] | I need to keep him busy. | 我得让他忙起来 |
[12:01] | Just so I’m clear, people leave town | 先让我搞清楚 大家不在的时候 |
[12:03] | and give Tommy the keys to their homes? | 把家门钥匙给汤米 |
[12:05] | I know what you’re thinking, but Tommy is | 我知道你在想什么 但是汤米 |
[12:08] | very trustworthy… and quick, too. | 很值得信赖 他速度也很快 |
[12:11] | He’d be in and out. | 他会快进快出的 |
[12:14] | I’m sure he’d stay long enough to get the job done. | 我相信他一定会”做完”才离开 |
[12:17] | Of course. | 那是当然 |
[12:19] | Can I count you in? | 我能把你们家算进去吗 |
[12:20] | Oh, why not? | 何乐而不为呢 |
[12:21] | We like Tommy, don’t we, darling? | 我们都很喜欢汤米 不是吗 亲爱的 |
[12:23] | Oh, yes. | 没错 |
[12:24] | We certainly do. | 我们当然喜欢他了 |
[12:27] | Poor April. | 可怜的艾普尔 |
[12:28] | If you could have seen her face. | 如果你能看到她那表情 |
[12:30] | Oh, you don’t want me anywhere near that tramp’s face | 你不会想要让我接近淫妇那张脸的 |
[12:32] | because I will slap it. | 因为我会扇死她 |
[12:33] | It’s her big night. | 今晚对她很重要 |
[12:34] | I was honored she wanted me to come so badly. | 她很想让我去 我深感荣幸 |
[12:36] | Doesn’t she have any other friends? | 她就没其他朋友了吗 |
[12:39] | Or did she sleep with their husbands, too? | 还是说她也睡了她们的丈夫 |
[12:41] | I’m glad Rob is going. | 我很欣慰罗伯会去 |
[12:42] | She needs someone there to cheer her on. | 她需要有人在那里鼓励她 |
[12:44] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[12:46] | This is war. | 这是场战争 |
[12:47] | You are fighting with another woman | 你正在跟另一个女人 |
[12:49] | over your husband and you are losing. | 争夺你的丈夫 而你快输了 |
[12:52] | Honey! | 亲爱的 |
[12:53] | He’s home early. I’m in here, Rob. | 他回来得真早 我在里面 罗伯 |
[12:55] | If he tells you that he’s got to work late Tuesday, | 如果他告诉你 他周二得加班到很晚 |
[12:57] | I will vomit and you will have to mop this floor up all over again. | 我就立刻吐一地你就得重新拖一遍地板 |
[13:01] | There you are. Guess what? | 你在这呢 你猜怎么着 |
[13:03] | I have amazing news. | 我有好消息 |
[13:05] | You do? | 是吗 |
[13:06] | I got two tickets to the World Series. | 我有两张世界职棒大赛的票 |
[13:09] | For when? | 什么时候的 |
[13:10] | Let me guess. Tuesday? | 我来猜猜看 周二吗 |
[13:13] | As a matter of fact, yeah. | 还真的是周二 |
[13:15] | My boss gave them to me as a gift, | 是我老板送给我的 |
[13:16] | and they are right behind home plate. | 座位就在本垒后面 |
[13:19] | Who are you taking? | 你打算带谁去 |
[13:20] | What do you mean, who am I taking? | 这还用问吗 |
[13:21] | Only my best girl. | 当然是带我心爱的女孩 |
[13:23] | Let me see those. | 让我看看票 |
[13:26] | Holy crap! | 我操 |
[13:28] | He’s got two tickets to the World Series. | 他有两张世界职棒大赛的票 |
[13:31] | Isn’t that what I just said? | 我刚才不是说了吗 |
[13:31] | And these are for Tuesday? | 是周二的票吗 |
[13:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:35] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[13:37] | Well, I just want to make sure | 我就想确认一下 |
[13:39] | we haven’t forgotten about any plans | 我们有没有忘了 |
[13:41] | we might have made for Tuesday? | 之前给周二定下的什么安排 |
[13:44] | Well, whatever plans we made, consider them canceled. | 不管之前安排了什么 都通通取消 |
[13:46] | I’ve got a date with my wife, the Dodgers and the Yankees. | 我和我的娇妻 以及道奇队和洋基队有个约会 |
[13:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:52] | What’s going on here? Why aren’t you happy? | 怎么了 你为什么不高兴 |
[13:54] | Oh, she is very happy. | 她可高兴了 |
[13:57] | She’s just not used to you being so wonderful. | 她只是不习惯你突然这么好 |
[14:03] | Rob, give us a second. We’re not through with the mopping. | 罗伯 麻烦你先出去 我们还没拖完地 |
[14:07] | I got to call Carl. | 我得打给卡尔 |
[14:09] | He’s gonna be so jealous. | 他会嫉妒得发狂 |
[14:13] | April is going to be heartbroken. | 艾普尔会心碎的 |
[14:15] | To hell with April. | 谁管艾普尔死活啊 |
[14:17] | You’ve got to focus on the big picture. | 你得着眼于大局 |
[14:20] | He’s choosing you over her. | 他在你和她之间选了你 |
[14:24] | You’re winning. | 你要赢了 |
[14:27] | I guess I am. | 看来是的 |
[14:40] | Hey. Taylor called. | 泰勒打来过 |
[14:42] | Her plane landed in Fresno. | 她到弗雷斯诺了 |
[14:46] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[14:49] | Killing myself. | 自杀 |
[14:52] | – With cheese? – Yeah. My plan is | -用芝士吗 -没错 我的计划 |
[14:53] | to get super fat and then die of hypertension. | 就是吃到爆肥 然后死于高血压 |
[14:57] | That might take a while. | 那得花好一段时间 |
[14:58] | Only great writers deserve quick deaths. | 只有伟大的作家才有资格迅速死掉 |
[15:01] | Hemingway, Wolfe, Plath. | 海明威 沃尔夫 普拉斯 |
[15:04] | Me? I’m a bad writer, | 而我 我是个无才的作家 |
[15:07] | so I deserve to die slowly, | 我只配慢慢死掉 |
[15:09] | painfully… disgustingly. | 痛苦且丢人 |
[15:15] | Do we have any mustard? | 家里有黄芥末吗 |
[15:16] | No. | 没有 |
[15:18] | But we have mayonnaise. | 但我们有蛋黄酱 |
[15:20] | Oh, yes, the condiment of hacks. | 是的 二流调味品 |
[15:22] | Bring it to me. | 拿过来 |
[15:26] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[15:31] | My agent’s gonna drop me | 如果我明早不能把剧本给他 |
[15:32] | if I don’t get him my script by tomorrow morning. | 我的经纪人就要炒了我 |
[15:35] | And you’re not finished? | 你还没写完吗 |
[15:38] | I-I’ve written 50 pages. Each just worst than the last. | 我写了50页了 但是很糟糕 |
[15:42] | I doubt that. | 别这么说 |
[15:43] | I mean, I have no third act. | 我是说我还没写第三幕 |
[15:45] | I keep sitting here, | 我就坐在这 |
[15:46] | staring at the poster of my one and only hit, | 盯着我那唯一大火电影的海报 |
[15:48] | praying for some sort of inspiration. | 祈祷有灵感到来 |
[15:50] | And the longer I look at it, the more I realize… | 看得越久我越明白 |
[15:53] | it was a fluke. | 那只是昙花一现 |
[15:54] | I mean, brilliant director, stellar cast, | 我是说 出色的导演 一流的演员 |
[15:56] | all turning my crap dialogue into gold. | 把我写的废话变成金子 |
[16:02] | How am I gonna tell Taylor | 我该怎么告诉泰勒 |
[16:03] | that I lost my fucking agent? | 我失去了我的经纪人 |
[16:06] | Give me the 50 pages. | 把那50页给我 |
[16:09] | Why, so you can beat me with them? | 干嘛 你要用来打我吗 |
[16:10] | Because I think it might help you to get some honest feedback. | 我觉得我能给你一些真诚的反馈 |
[16:16] | Do you know anything about writing? | 你懂写作吗 |
[16:17] | I know what I like. | 我知道我喜欢什么 |
[16:19] | And if I think that your script’s in decent shape, | 如果我觉得你的剧本写得不错 |
[16:21] | you’ll have the confidence to finish the damn thing. | 你就有信心把它写完了 |
[16:26] | Yeah, and what if it’s just 50 pages of me shitting the bed? | 好吧 如果这50页只是我写的屁话呢 |
[16:30] | Then I will go to the store and I will buy you | 那么我就去商店给你买 |
[16:33] | every kind of cheese known to man. | 所有人类已知的奶酪 |
[16:36] | And mayonnaise. | 还有蛋黄酱 |
[16:38] | Gonna need lots of mayonnaise. | 我需要吃很多蛋黄酱 |
[16:43] | Rob, what are you doing? We’re going to be late. | 罗伯 你在干嘛 我们要迟到了 |
[16:45] | I’m looking for my old baseball glove. | 我在找我的旧棒球手套 |
[16:47] | Maybe I can get Sandy Koufax to sign it. | 也许我能让桑迪·科法斯在上面签名 |
[16:49] | Don’t bother Mr. Koufax tonight. He’ll be working. | 今晚别打扰科法斯先生了 他要工作 |
[16:52] | Eh, he can sign one glove. | 签个名的时间还是有的 |
[16:54] | Maybe it’s in one of the boxes in the garage. | 也许是在车库的某个箱子里 |
[16:56] | No, it should be in this one. | 不 应该在这里面的 |
[16:58] | Stanton residence. | 斯坦顿家 |
[17:01] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[17:03] | Maybe you’re right about the garage. | 也许你是对的 |
[17:04] | Check the box by the tool drawer. I got to take this. | 去找下工具屉旁的盒子 我得接个电话 |
[17:09] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[17:10] | Uh, a guy from work. Uh, I’ll be right down. | 一个同事 我马上下来 |
[17:28] | What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 你他妈以为你在干嘛 |
[17:30] | I said never to call me here. | 我说了不能打电话到我家 |
[17:34] | I already told you, I got plans with my wife. | 我已经告诉你了我和我妻子有事 |
[17:36] | She’s making me take her out to dinner. | 她要我带她出去吃饭 |
[17:41] | Don’t cry. L-Look, I hate it when you cry. | 别哭 听着 我讨厌你哭 |
[17:43] | There’s nothing I can do about this. | 这事我一点办法没有 |
[17:44] | Now-now I got to go. | 我得挂了 |
[18:00] | Well, you were right about the garage. | 好吧 你是对的 |
[18:02] | No sign of your glove. | 没找到你的手套 |
[18:03] | Eh, it doesn’t matter. Let’s get going | 没事 我们走吧 |
[18:04] | or we’ll miss the national anthem. | 不然我们会错过国歌演奏的 |
[18:06] | Honey, I don’t think I can go. | 宝贝 我觉得我去不了了 |
[18:09] | What? | 什么 |
[18:11] | I’m not feeling well. | 我感觉不舒服 |
[18:12] | You look fine to me. | 你看着没事啊 |
[18:13] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[18:15] | You remember our trip to New Mexico? | 你记得我们在新墨西哥的旅行吗 |
[18:18] | You mean, you got… | 你是说 你得… |
[18:19] | Yes. I should stay close to a bathroom. | 对 我得待在洗手间附近 |
[18:22] | Well, they got bathrooms at the stadium. | 体育场里有洗手间 |
[18:24] | I could never do that to total strangers. | 在陌生人面前我做不到 |
[18:29] | Want me to stay home with you? | 想要我在家陪你吗 |
[18:31] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[18:32] | Oh, good. Thank God, ’cause I really want to go. | 真好 谢天谢地 因为我真的很想去 |
[18:36] | Bye. | 再见 |
[18:42] | April, it’s Sheila. | 艾普尔 我是希拉 |
[18:45] | My aunt is fine. | 我姑妈没事 |
[18:46] | I can come hear you sing after all. | 我可以去听你唱歌了 |
[18:49] | Yes. I’m happy, too. | 对 我也很开心 |
[18:57] | It is so good to see you guys. | 真开心见到你们 |
[19:00] | I just wish Mama could’ve made it. | 真希望妈妈也能来 |
[19:02] | How is she? | 她怎么样了 |
[19:02] | – Nasty as ever. – Mean as the day is long. | -讨厌依旧 -还是那么刻薄 |
[19:05] | We work our fingers to the bone for that woman. | 我们为了她拼命工作 |
[19:07] | But it’s never good enough for her. | 但那永远不够 |
[19:09] | The doctor says she could live to be 100. | 医生说她能活到一百岁 |
[19:11] | And she’ll do it, just to spite us. | 她会的 就为了刁难我们 |
[19:15] | Well, look, I know she can be difficult to care for, | 好吧 听着 我知道她很难照顾 |
[19:17] | and I wish I could help out more. | 我真希望我能帮上忙 |
[19:18] | Oh, don’t worry about it, sugar. | 别担心 宝贝 |
[19:20] | – We don’t resent you. – Not much, anyway. | -我们不恨你 -反正不是特别恨 |
[19:22] | Would be nice if you could take her off our hands | 如果你能偶尔把她接到你家住的话 |
[19:25] | every now and then. | 那就再好不过了 |
[19:26] | Got an extra room in that big house of yours? | 你那大房子里有多余的房间吗 |
[19:28] | Don’t need to be fancy. | 不用太高档 |
[19:30] | Oh, it could be the cellar for all we care. | 地下室也行 |
[19:34] | I would really like to help out, but it would be tricky, | 我很愿意帮忙 但是有点棘手 |
[19:37] | given my current living situation. | 考虑到我现在的居家状况 |
[19:40] | Okay, I meant to lead with this when I sat down, | 好吧 我本想一开始就和你们说的 |
[19:42] | but the truth is… | 但是真相是 |
[19:45] | I am no longer in an open marriage. | 我的婚姻不再开放了 |
[19:47] | – You left Eli? – Thank you, Jesus. | -你离开伊莱了 -谢天谢地 |
[19:48] | No, I didn’t leave Eli, | 没有 我没有离开伊莱 |
[19:50] | I moved my lover into our home. | 我让我的炮友住进了我们家 |
[19:54] | The three of us are officially a throuple. | 我们三个正式在一起了 |
[20:01] | Would it be okay if we tell Mama? | 这事可以告诉妈妈吗 |
[20:03] | ‘Cause this will kill her. | 这肯定能气死她 |
[20:27] | Sheila. | 希拉 |
[20:29] | – Hi. – Look at you. | -你好 -看看你 |
[20:32] | – You’re lovely. – Thanks. | -你真漂亮 -谢谢 |
[20:35] | Oh, I’m so nervous. | 我好紧张 |
[20:37] | You’re going to be great. | 没事的 |
[20:38] | Hey, kid, you’re on in ten. | 孩子 再过10分钟就该你了 |
[20:40] | Oh, thank you, Mr. Porter. | 谢谢你 波特先生 |
[20:47] | What are you looking for? | 你在看什么 |
[20:49] | It’s silly. Rob told me he can’t make it. | 说来挺傻的 罗伯说他不能来了 |
[20:51] | I just… I keep thinking maybe he’ll surprise me. | 我 我总觉得他也许会给我个惊喜 |
[20:54] | Honey, you can’t worry about that right now. | 宝贝 你现在不能想这个 |
[20:56] | You’ve got a show to do. | 你马上就要表演了 |
[20:58] | You’re right. Thank you so much for being here. | 你说得没错 感谢你能来这里看我表演 |
[21:02] | Knock ’em dead. | 惊艳全场吧 |
[21:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:15] | * When I was just a little girl * | *我还是小女孩的时候* |
[21:18] | * I asked my mother, What will I be? * | *我问我妈妈 我会成为什么* |
[21:23] | * Will I be pretty, will I be rich? * | *我会变得漂亮吗 我会变得有钱吗* |
[21:27] | * Here’s what she said to me * | *她这么对我说* |
[21:30] | * Que será, será * | *天意难违* |
[21:34] | * Whatever will be, will be * | *该来的总会来* |
[21:37] | * The future’s not ours to see * | *我们无法预知未来* |
[21:41] | * Que será, será * | *天意难违* |
[21:45] | * What will be, will be… * | *该来的总会来* |
[21:57] | Well? | 怎样 |
[22:01] | It’s good. | 很好 |
[22:03] | You hate it. | 你不喜欢 |
[22:04] | No. It’s good. | 不 很好 |
[22:06] | – It’s not great. – Some of it’s great. | -不算出色 -部分出色 |
[22:08] | The dialogue, the scenes in the diner… | 对话 餐厅里的戏 |
[22:10] | Just-just skip to what sucks. | 直接说哪里不好吧 |
[22:13] | That would be your lead character. | 就是你的主人公 |
[22:17] | What’s wrong with Eva? | 伊娃怎么了 |
[22:18] | She waits around for 15 pages hoping a man will save her. | 她差不多等了15页的篇幅 就希望男人来拯救她 |
[22:21] | She’s a victim. I hate victims. | 她是个受害者 我讨厌受害者 |
[22:27] | Yeah, yeah. Okay. I mean, make her more proactive, sure. | 好吧 让她更主动一点当然可以 |
[22:30] | And can’t she do something interesting | 她不能做点有趣的事情 |
[22:32] | to get out of trouble? | 让自己免除麻烦事吗 |
[22:33] | – What do you mean, interesting? – Like, on page 40, | -什么叫有趣的事情 -比如第40页 |
[22:37] | she’s abandoned at the diner and totally broke, right? | 她被男人抛弃在餐厅里 还没钱 对吗 |
[22:42] | – Yeah. – So, let her | -是啊 -那你让她 |
[22:44] | steal the owner’s truck | 偷走店主的卡车 |
[22:45] | and then she drives to the drug dealer’s house and starts a fire. | 然后开到毒贩子那里去放一把火 |
[22:49] | And when he runs out the front, | 等毒贩子从前门跑出来的时候 |
[22:51] | she goes in the back and gets the money that he took from her. | 她从后门进去 把她被他夺走的钱全都拿回来 |
[22:54] | And his gun. | 还有他的枪 |
[22:55] | She’d definitely take his gun. | 绝对得拿走他的枪 |
[22:57] | Wow. Um, I mean, | 我是说 |
[22:59] | I-it’s definitely more proactive. | 这样绝对显得她更积极主动了 |
[23:01] | It’s just… I don’t know, I-I never saw Eva that way. | 只是…我不知道 我没这样想过伊娃 |
[23:05] | I mean, she’s… she’s a nice girl. | 我是说 她是个好女孩 |
[23:08] | Yeah, but nice girls, they break the law every day. | 是啊 但好女孩也都会犯法 |
[23:12] | When they need to. | 只要有需要 |
[23:15] | Okay. All right, I hear you. | 好吧 行了 我知道你的意见了 |
[23:19] | There’s more to Eva than meets the eye. | 应该让伊娃并不像表面看上去这样 |
[23:21] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[23:23] | So now, get started, open your laptop, get to work. | 好了 开始吧 打开电脑去工作 |
[23:28] | You have 22 hours. | 你还有22个小时 |
[23:34] | How did you come up with that stuff, anyway? | 话说你是怎么想到这种设定的呢 |
[23:38] | Maybe there’s more to me than meets the eye. | 或许我也并不像表面看起来这样 |
[23:58] | Hey. Sorry I’m late. | 嗨 抱歉我来晚了 |
[24:00] | It’s okay. Are you clear on what to do? | 没关系 你明白要做什么了吗 |
[24:03] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[24:05] | Are we sure about this? I mean, if we get caught… | 我们真的确定吗 如果被抓住的话 |
[24:07] | Yes. It’s very risky. | 没错 这样非常冒险 |
[24:10] | I suppose the smart thing to do is end this affair | 我想聪明的做法是我们两个结束外遇 |
[24:12] | and never have sex again. | 再也不发生关系 |
[24:14] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[25:08] | I don’t know why Mrs. Dubner’s bed feels amazing. | 我不知道为什么会觉得杜博纳太太的床这么舒适 |
[25:12] | It’s the sheets. They’re Egyptian cotton. | 因为床单好 都是埃及棉 |
[25:16] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[25:17] | I used to wash sheets like this | 我在我爸洗衣店工作的时候 |
[25:18] | when I worked in my father’s laundry. | 经常洗这样的床单 |
[25:20] | Your dad owned a laundry? | 你爸爸是开洗衣店的 |
[25:22] | You think I was born rich? | 你以为我一直是富人家的孩子吗 |
[25:25] | Well… yeah. | 是的 |
[25:27] | Not even close. | 才不是呢 |
[25:31] | When I was 12, I used to covet things like this. | 我12岁的时候 非常羡慕这奢华的一切 |
[25:36] | Once, I took some satin sheets home. | 我有一次悄悄拿了有污渍的床单回家 |
[25:41] | I wanted to see what it felt like | 我想知道那种床单的触感 |
[25:42] | to sleep on them, just for one night. | 睡上去的感觉 哪怕只有一晚 |
[25:45] | My mother caught me. She was so angry. | 我妈妈发现了 她非常生气 |
[25:48] | She made me wash and iron them right there. | 她命令我立刻洗好并熨好了它们 |
[25:51] | It was 2:00 in the morning. | 那可是凌晨2点啊 |
[25:52] | And then she took them away. | 然后她就把床单拿走了 |
[26:00] | That’s a shame. | 真可惜 |
[26:05] | Mother said, “If you want to sleep on expensive sheets, | 我妈说 如果你想睡贵的床单 |
[26:09] | choose wisely who you sleep next to.” | 那就好好挑一挑枕边人 |
[26:12] | So, uh, she basically told you to marry for money. | 所以她基本就是要你嫁给有钱人 |
[26:16] | That’s, uh, some really bad advice. | 这个可真不是什么好建议 |
[26:17] | Well, I followed it twice. | 我这样做了两次 |
[26:20] | I didn’t think of marrying for love until Karl. | 在遇到卡尔之前 我不觉得自己会为爱结婚 |
[26:27] | I never told that story before. | 我之前从没跟人讲过这事 |
[26:32] | To anyone. | 给任何人听 |
[26:36] | Thanks for telling me first. | 谢谢你先告诉了我 |
[26:38] | If you really want to thank me, | 如果你真的想谢我 |
[26:41] | get over here. | 就过来这里 |
[26:50] | Oh, I feel so badly about this. | 我感觉很糟糕 |
[26:55] | After you went to all the trouble | 让你费了这么大劲 |
[26:56] | of taking me to the airport. | 送我去机场 |
[26:58] | It’s fine, Joyce. | 没关系 乔伊斯 |
[27:00] | Nobody expects you to get on a plane when you’re feeling ill. | 你生病的时候 没有人会非要强迫你搭乘飞机的 |
[27:04] | Oh, it’s the plant van. | 是苗圃店的车 |
[27:07] | Tommy must be here. | 汤米肯定在 |
[27:16] | So, finally, I confessed to Eli | 最终我跟伊莱坦白了 |
[27:18] | how much Jade meant to me, | 洁德对我的重要性 |
[27:19] | and he agreed to let her live with us, permanently. | 他也同意让她一直跟我们住在一起 |
[27:26] | Yes, I know, it’s unconventional, | 我知道这种方式很不传统 |
[27:28] | and you probably don’t approve, | 你们可能会不赞同 |
[27:30] | but… it’s working. | 但是我们相处得很融洽 |
[27:34] | Well, as long as you’re happy. | 只要你们高兴就好 |
[27:36] | That’s what matters. | 那才是最重要的 |
[27:38] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[27:40] | That’s all you have to say? | 你们就只想说这些吗 |
[27:43] | Since you asked, I have a question. | 既然你诚心诚意地问了 我就问一个问题 |
[27:45] | – Here we go. – Do you still love Eli? | -来了 -你还爱着伊莱吗 |
[27:46] | – Of course. – And you also love this woman? | -当然 -而你还爱着这个女人 |
[27:49] | Yes. I’m wondering, how do they feel about each other? | 是的 我很好奇他们之间是什么感觉 |
[27:56] | Oh. Well… | 这个嘛… |
[27:57] | I knew she hadn’t thought it through. | 我就知道她还没有想过这件事 |
[27:58] | – Hadn’t even crossed her mind. – Mm-hmm. | -根本没想过 -没错 |
[28:00] | Hold on. Eli and Jade like each other. | 等等 伊莱和洁德也喜欢彼此 |
[28:03] | That’s not a problem. | 那不是问题 |
[28:04] | Not yet. What happens when he likes her more than you? | 现在还不是 万一他比你更喜欢她了呢 |
[28:06] | What happens when she gets tired of sharing? | 等她受够了跟别人分享爱人呢 |
[28:08] | – Where does that leave you, missy? – On the outside | -那你怎么办 女士 -变成局外人 |
[28:10] | looking in, that’s where. | 眼睁睁看着他们在一起 |
[28:12] | That’s not gonna happen. | 才不会发生这种事 |
[28:16] | It’s not. | 绝对不会 |
[28:18] | Obviously, we don’t know Jade. | 显然我们不了解洁德 |
[28:19] | So we can’t judge her. | 所以没法判断她 |
[28:20] | But we know Eli. | 但我们了解伊莱 |
[28:22] | We saw what he put you through. | 我们亲眼见过他让你受的苦 |
[28:23] | Yes, we went through a dark time, | 没错 我们经历过一段阴暗时期 |
[28:25] | but that was two years ago. | 但那是两年前的事了 |
[28:27] | “A dark time”? The man’s a drug addict. | “阴暗时期” 那家伙可是个瘾君子 |
[28:29] | Half your savings went up his nose. | 你们一半的积蓄都被他拿去买毒品了 |
[28:31] | The man’s incapable of self-control. | 那人根本没有自控能力 |
[28:33] | And now he’s got another woman in his bed? | 现在他床上还有另一个女人 |
[28:36] | The hell did you think was gonna happen? | 你以为会发生什么 |
[28:37] | Stop it! | 够了 |
[28:39] | I know you’re trying to bait me, | 我知道你们想激怒我 |
[28:40] | but it’s not gonna work. | 但没用的 |
[28:42] | I’m telling you, Eli has changed. | 我告诉你们 伊莱变了 |
[28:46] | Oh, baby sister, men never change. | 天真的妹妹 男人死性不改的 |
[28:49] | They just get better at keeping secrets. | 他们只是越来越会隐瞒 |
[29:01] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[29:04] | It’s Mrs. Dubner. | 是杜博纳太太 |
[29:05] | You said she was going to France. | 你不是说她要去法国吗 |
[29:06] | Yeah, my mom took her to the airport this morning. | 是啊 我妈今早还送她去机场 |
[29:08] | Tommy, where are you? | 汤米 你在哪 |
[29:12] | You have to hide! | 你得躲起来 |
[29:14] | Make the bed. | 把床铺好 |
[29:16] | I can’t do both. | 我没法同时做这两件事 |
[29:18] | I know you think I’m a ridiculous hypochondriac, | 我知道你觉得我疑病症很严重 |
[29:20] | but the pain is real. | 但我是真的很疼 |
[29:22] | You’ll be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[29:23] | You just need to lie down in your room. | 你只需回房躺下休息 |
[29:26] | Mrs. Dubner. Did you miss your flight? | 杜博纳太太 你没赶上飞机吗 |
[29:28] | I’m having a migraine. I need to rest. | 我偏头疼 我需要休息 |
[29:30] | No, uh… you can’t go in there. | 不 你不能进去 |
[29:34] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[29:36] | I, uh, just sprayed. | 我刚刚喷了东西 |
[29:39] | Sprayed? | 喷了什么 |
[29:41] | Uh, insecticide. | 杀虫剂 |
[29:43] | Your, uh, your ficus had a white fly. | 你的榕树上有只白粉虱 |
[29:47] | – I’ve never seen any white fly. – Yeah, well, they’re… | -我从没见过有什么白粉虱 -它们… |
[29:49] | they’re pretty tiny… see? | 它们个头很小的 瞧 |
[29:51] | Oh, my God. Kill it! | 天呐 快弄死它 |
[29:53] | See, I-I didn’t know that you would be back so soon, | 我不知道你这么快就回来了 |
[29:55] | so I used a very strong insecticide. | 所以我用了很浓的杀虫剂 |
[29:57] | You inhale those fumes with a migraine and… | 你偏头疼还吸入那些杀虫剂的话… |
[30:01] | You’re right. I can smell it. | 你说得对 我能闻到 |
[30:03] | Yeah, y-you better stay downstairs. | 对 你最好待在楼下吧 |
[30:05] | Don’t just stand there, help her down. | 别傻站着 来扶她下楼 |
[30:18] | We need you to run to the pharmacy. | 你得赶紧去一趟药房 |
[30:20] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[30:21] | I’m out of medication. Here’s my prescription. | 我的药吃完了 这是我的处方 |
[30:25] | I should go open some windows in the bedroom. | 我得去打开卧室的窗户 |
[30:28] | To air it out. | 散散味儿 |
[30:29] | Oh, hurry. | 快点 |
[30:30] | Joyce is in agony. | 乔伊斯很难受 |
[30:37] | Joyce is sick. I have to go to the drugstore. | 乔伊斯不舒服 我得去药房 |
[30:39] | Well, how am I supposed to get out of here? | 我要怎么离开这里 |
[30:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:56] | – Hello? – Karl, it’s me. I need your help. | -喂 -卡尔 是我 需要你帮个忙 |
[30:58] | Speak up, I can hardly hear you. | 大声点 我听不清 |
[31:00] | I’m trapped in Joyce Dubner’s house. | 我被困在乔伊斯·杜博纳家里 |
[31:02] | Oh, dear, is she telling her appendectomy story again? | 老天 她是不是又叨逼她切阑尾那破事了 |
[31:05] | She doesn’t know I’m here, and neither does Naomi. | 她不知道我在这 娜奥米也不知道 |
[31:07] | Sorry, Naomi’s there? | 什么 娜奥米也在那 |
[31:09] | Yes, and I’m trapped upstairs. | 没错 我被困在楼上了 |
[31:12] | Upstairs? | 楼上 |
[31:15] | Would this have anything to do with the affair you’re not having? | 这是不是跟你没在发生的婚外情有关 |
[31:19] | Now is not the time! | 现在不是说这个的时候 |
[31:21] | Oh, what a nasty tone. I think I’m gonna hang up. | 你语气好恶劣哦 我要挂电话了 |
[31:23] | All right, all right, fine, fine. | 好吧 好吧 行 |
[31:24] | I’m having an affair. | 我是在搞婚外情 |
[31:25] | Now can you please come over here | 现在能不能拜托你过来 |
[31:27] | and create a distraction so I can get out? | 引开她们注意 好让我溜出去 |
[31:31] | What are husbands for? | 这是当老公应该做的 |
[31:37] | Eli? | 伊莱 |
[31:40] | Hey, Eli. | 伊莱 |
[31:43] | Eli, hey. | 醒醒 伊莱 |
[31:45] | You fell asleep. | 你睡着了 |
[31:46] | – Oh, my God, what time is it? – It’s 4:00 in the morning. | -天呐 几点了 -凌晨4点 |
[31:50] | What? Oh, shit. | 什么 惨了 |
[31:53] | – How much have you done? – 61 pages. | -你写完多少了 -61页 |
[31:55] | The good news is that I think the story’s working, | 好消息是这故事的方向对了 |
[31:56] | but, I mean, I don’t know, I can’t tell, | 但我说不好 我无法分辨 |
[31:58] | ’cause I’m just so tired I can’t even think. | 因为我实在太累了 无法思考 |
[32:00] | Well, you have to keep going. | 你必须继续写 |
[32:01] | – Lamar expects the script by breakfast. – I know, I know. | -拉马尔早餐前就要收到剧本 -我知道 |
[32:03] | I’ve been writing for ten hours straight. | 我已经连续写了10小时了 |
[32:05] | Believe me when I tell you that there is no tank left in the gas. | 相信我 我汽油里已经一滴油箱都没有了 |
[32:09] | Wait. No, that’s right. | 等等 不 我没说错 |
[32:13] | Hold on, I have something. | 等等 我有东西能帮你 |
[32:18] | Here we go. | 找到了 |
[32:21] | Take this. | 吃掉它 |
[32:22] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[32:23] | I get pills to help with my ADHD. | 我开了药治疗我的注意力不集中症 |
[32:26] | They give you a lift and they help you focus. | 这药能帮你提神和集中注意力 |
[32:30] | I don’t think I should. | 我觉得我不应该吃 |
[32:31] | It’s fine. It’s not a big deal. | 没事的 这没什么大不了 |
[32:32] | Like, college kids take them all the time | 大学生们期中考前经常吃 |
[32:34] | to cram for midterms and shit. | 用来临时抱佛脚 |
[32:37] | Yeah… No, thank you. | 还是不了 谢谢你 |
[32:42] | Okay, it’s your choice. | 好吧 你自己决定 |
[32:46] | – Fuck it, give me the pill. – Are you sure? | -不管了 把药给我 -你确定吗 |
[32:49] | Yes, yes. I need to finish the script. | 确定 我必须写完剧本 |
[33:15] | Eli. What are you doing here? | 伊莱 你怎么来了 |
[33:18] | Hand-delivering you my script. | 亲手把剧本交给你 |
[33:20] | You couldn’t send it by e-mail? | 你不能用邮件发给我吗 |
[33:21] | No, no, no, I could not, because I needed | 不 不行 因为我需要 |
[33:23] | to look you in the eye when I told you | 直视你双眼 然后告诉你 |
[33:25] | that it’s not done. | 我没写完 |
[33:27] | – Oh, come on… – But, but, | -你不是吧 -可是 |
[33:28] | I finished 80 pages, and it’s great. | 我写了八十页 而且很精彩 |
[33:31] | So great that you’re gonna call me, | 精彩到你看后会打给我 |
[33:33] | and you’re going to apologize for ever considering | 为你有动过不再雇我的念头 |
[33:34] | dropping me as a client. | 而向我道歉 |
[33:35] | You’re gonna say, “Eli, this is fucking brilliant. | 你会说 “伊莱 你写得太好了 |
[33:37] | “I can’t fucking wait to see how it ends. | 我都等不及想看到结局了” |
[33:39] | You, my friend, are one fucking talented motherfucker.” | 你 我的朋友 真是个才华横溢的天才 |
[33:45] | Hey, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[33:48] | I didn’t see you there. | 我刚没看到你 |
[33:51] | I’m shutting the door now. | 我现在要关门了 |
[33:53] | As well you should. | 好的 |
[34:02] | I found your sleep mask. | 我找到你的眼罩了 |
[34:03] | Bring it here. There’s too much light. | 拿过来 这里太亮了 |
[34:37] | What the hell was that?! | 什么声音 |
[34:42] | Somebody just rammed into my car. | 有人刚撞到了我的车 |
[34:56] | Karl? | 卡尔 |
[34:59] | – What have you done? – I’m so sorry. | -你都干了些什么 -很抱歉 |
[35:01] | I-I swerved to avoid a kitten. | 我为了躲一只猫猛打了方向盘 |
[35:05] | Isn’t this Joyce Dubner’s house? | 这不是乔伊斯·杜博纳家吗 |
[35:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:09] | So, where-where’s Joyce? | 那乔伊斯在哪 |
[35:13] | Naomi? You’re back quickly. | 娜奥米 你这么快就回来了 |
[35:15] | What happened out there? | 外面出了什么事 |
[35:18] | Naomi? | 娜奥米 |
[35:21] | Oh, you must be inhaling fumes. | 你一定是被气味呛到了 |
[35:23] | You better get some water. | 你最好喝点水 |
[35:54] | What happened here? | 这是怎么了 |
[35:57] | I just brought Joyce home from the airport. | 我刚从机场把乔伊斯送回家 |
[36:00] | She’s ill, and your husband just crashed into my car. | 她病了 还有你丈夫刚撞上了我的车 |
[36:03] | Yes, and I was out for a drive | 是的 我当时在开车 |
[36:04] | and had to swerve to avoid hitting a puppy. | 为了不撞上一只小狗不得不急打了方向盘 |
[36:07] | I thought it was a kitten. | 你不是说是小猫吗 |
[36:08] | Well, it had fur and moved quickly. | 反正是一只有毛的跑得很快的东西 |
[36:09] | Anyway, crash. | 总之 撞车了 |
[36:12] | Oh, good, Tommy’s back. | 太好了 汤米回来了 |
[36:14] | Back? | 回来了 |
[36:15] | Well, he was here spraying the plants in Joyce’s bedroom, | 他刚在这给乔伊斯卧室的植物浇水 |
[36:18] | and I sent him to the drugstore for her pills. | 然后我让他去药店给她买药 |
[36:21] | Well, wasn’t that lucky, dear? | 还真是巧啊 亲爱的 |
[36:23] | Seems Tommy was right there in the bedroom | 汤米刚好在卧室 |
[36:26] | ready to be useful. | 正派上用场 |
[36:28] | Well, I’ll see you at home, Karl. | 回家见 卡尔 |
[36:30] | I have to finish my jog. | 我要去继续跑步了 |
[36:31] | Do you, darling? | 是吗 亲爱的 |
[36:33] | ‘Cause I’m pretty sure the jog is up. | 因为我很肯定你已经跑完了[事情败露] |
[36:42] | I can’t understand why you’re not happy. | 我不理解你为什么不开心 |
[36:45] | Tonight was a triumph. | 今晚很成功 |
[36:47] | You should be dancing in the street. | 你应该在街上起舞 |
[36:48] | Yeah. I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[36:51] | Guess I just really hoped Rob would show up. | 可能是我真的希望罗伯能来 |
[36:53] | Sweetie, it’s going to be okay. | 亲爱的 会好起来的 |
[36:56] | No, it’s not. | 不 不会的 |
[36:58] | It’s not going to be okay ever again. | 再也不会好了 |
[37:02] | Well, why not? | 为什么 |
[37:04] | Because I’m falling in love with him. | 因为我爱上他了 |
[37:13] | Eli? | 伊莱 |
[37:16] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[37:23] | I just got a call from Lamar. | 拉马尔刚打给我了 |
[37:25] | Okay. What did he say? | 好吧 他说了什么 |
[37:29] | He said it’s the best thing I’ve ever written. | 他说这是我写过的最好的剧本 |
[37:32] | – Really? – Yeah. He said it’s smart | -真的吗 -是的 他说我写得很有智慧 |
[37:34] | and exciting and that the character of Eva is | 而且很刺激 还有伊娃那个角色 |
[37:38] | “Deliciously complex.” | 很”五味杂陈” |
[37:42] | And then he told me to not fuck up the ending, but, I mean, | 然后他要我不要烂尾 但是… |
[37:44] | the point is, he loved it. | 重点是 他很喜欢 |
[37:47] | – I’m so happy for you. – Oh, my God. | -我为你高兴 -天呐 |
[37:49] | How do I even begin to say thank you? | 我该怎么谢谢你 |
[37:52] | I didn’t do much. | 我没做什么 |
[37:53] | Yes, you did. You know you did. | 你有 你知道的 |
[37:55] | And if I was actually good at what I do, | 如果我真的擅长写作的话 |
[37:56] | I would come up with something better than just “Thank you,” | 我应该想出比”谢谢你”更好的辞藻 |
[37:58] | but for now, | 但现在 |
[38:00] | that’s all I got, so thank you. | 我只能想到这句话了 所以谢谢你 |
[38:01] | No, look, I’ll take it, | 不 我接受 |
[38:02] | – I’ll take it. Oh. – Thank you, thank you. | -我接受 -谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[38:05] | Congrats. | 恭喜 |
[38:20] | A-Are we allowed to do this without Taylor? | 泰勒不在我们可以这样吗 |
[38:23] | I’m not… not sure. | 我不确定 |
[38:38] | You think I’m stupid, don’t you? | 你觉得我很傻吧 |
[38:42] | I would never say that. | 我绝不会这么说 |
[38:45] | Now this was not the plan. | 这不在计划当中 |
[38:47] | I was not supposed to care this much. | 我不应该这么在意他 |
[38:50] | When he didn’t show up tonight, | 他今晚没出现 |
[38:52] | it just… hit me. | 让我顿悟 |
[38:55] | What am I gonna do now? | 我现在该怎么办 |
[39:00] | I have a hunch he’s happier at home | 我有种预感他在家 |
[39:01] | than he’s led you to believe. | 远比在你面前表现得幸福 |
[39:04] | Which means he’ll continue to disappoint you. | 也就是说他会继续让你失望 |
[39:08] | You don’t need that right now. | 你现在不需要那些 |
[39:11] | Your career is finally taking off. | 你的事业终于开始有了起色 |
[39:14] | You should be enjoying this time, | 你应该享受这段时光 |
[39:16] | not mooning over some other woman’s husband. | 而不是为别的女人的丈夫神魂颠倒 |
[39:19] | I mean, why would he even be with me | 要是他和她在一起那么幸福 |
[39:22] | if he was so happy with her? | 为什么还要跟我在一起 |
[39:29] | Maybe she did something to hurt him | 或许她做了什么伤害他 |
[39:31] | and he needs time to forgive her. | 他需要时间去原谅她 |
[39:34] | I don’t really understand that. | 我不是很理解 |
[39:39] | It’s late. I should go. | 很晚了 我该走了 |
[39:40] | And you should get some sleep. | 你该好好睡上一觉 |
[39:45] | Sheila. | 希拉 |
[39:48] | You are such a good friend. | 你真是个贴心的朋友 |
[39:52] | I think you’re maybe the best I’ve ever had. | 我觉得或许你是我有史以来最好的朋友了 |
[39:56] | You really were wonderful tonight. | 你今晚真的很出色 |
[40:27] | I need to use your bathroom. | 我要借用下你的卫生间 |
[40:29] | Oh, uh, it’s a mess. | 里面很乱 |
[40:30] | Can I just clean up first? | 我可以先打理下吗 |
[40:31] | No! | 不了 |
[40:34] | Is everything okay? | 你没事吧 |
[40:37] | Um, I… I may be in here a while. | 我可能要在里面待一会了 |
[40:49] | Hey, baby. | 宝贝 |
[40:51] | Rob. Hi… What are you, what are you doing here? | 罗伯 你好 你怎么来了 |
[40:53] | I wanted to come hear about your show. | 我想知道你的演出怎么样了 |
[40:56] | Oh, it went great. | 很顺利 |
[40:57] | Oh, good. | 那就好 |
[40:59] | Mm, we should celebrate. | 我们应该庆祝下 |
[41:03] | Oh, I can’t. My friend is here. | 我不行 我朋友在这儿 |
[41:06] | I don’t see anybody. | 我没看到人呢 |
[41:08] | She’s in the bathroom. | 她在厕所 |
[41:15] | What’s wrong with her? | 她怎么了 |
[41:17] | I think she has diarrhea. | 她好像腹泻 |
[41:21] | Lot of that going around. | 最近腹泻的人很多 |
[41:25] | Come here. | 过来 |
[41:28] | Can we talk tomorrow? | 我们能明天再谈吗 |
[41:30] | I’m here now. | 我现在不就在吗 |
[41:32] | Now is not a good time. | 现在不方便 |
[41:35] | And I have something important to tell you. | 我有重要事情要跟你说 |
[41:38] | Don’t tell him. Not now. | 别啊 现在别说 |
[41:41] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[41:43] | – No. You’re drunk. – I had two beers. | -不 你醉了 -我就喝了两瓶啤酒 |
[41:47] | Come on, give me, give me a hint. | 说吧 给我个提示 |
[41:50] | Well… | 这个… |
[41:53] | I have been doing a lot of thinking about us, | 我最近想了很多我们的事 |
[41:57] | and I realized something. | 我意识到了什么 |
[41:59] | Are you breaking up with me? | 你要跟我分手吗 |
[42:01] | God, no. | 当然不是 |
[42:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:05] | I’m in love with you. | 我爱上你了 |
[42:12] | I just… I just thought it would be nice to know | 我就是想知道 |
[42:15] | how you felt about me. | 你对我的感觉 |
[42:19] | I’m not leaving my wife. | 我不会离开我妻子的 |
[42:21] | Yeah, no, I’m not asking you to. | 不 我不是叫你离开她 |
[42:23] | See, I think you are. | 我觉得就是 |
[42:27] | I think you’re too drunk to have this conversation. | 我觉得你喝高了 现在不太适合谈这个 |
[42:31] | When you start using the “L word,” | 你用了”爱”这词后 |
[42:32] | a guy can sober up pretty quick. | 男人可以很快清醒过来 |
[42:35] | You don’t love me? | 你不爱我吗 |
[42:36] | I think you’re great. | 我觉得你很好 |
[42:38] | You think I’m great? | 你觉得我很好 |
[42:41] | That’s your response? | 这就是你的回复 |
[42:42] | You knew the rules. I was very clear. | 你知道规则的 我当初说得很明白 |
[42:44] | I will never leave my wife! | 我永远不会离开我妻子 |
[42:47] | – Please don’t yell at me. – Well, you’re making me angry! | -请别吼我 -你让我生气了 |
[42:49] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[42:52] | I-I… | 我 |
[42:57] | So… | 那… |
[43:01] | where does that leave me? | 我怎么办 |
[43:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[43:07] | I think that you should go. | 我想你该走了 |
[43:38] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[43:41] | Yeah, he usually doesn’t speak to me that way. | 嗯 他一般不这么跟我说话的 |
[43:43] | He’s normally very kind. | 通常情况下他人都挺好的 |
[43:47] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[43:56] | Well, I hope his wife appreciates how lucky she is. | 我希望他妻子能意识到她有多幸运 |
[44:03] | I’m not sure she’s that lucky. | 我可不确定她是幸运的 |
[44:09] | So… | 所以… |
[44:11] | Tommy Harte. | 汤米·哈特 |
[44:13] | I know he’s a bit young… | 我知道他有点小 |
[44:14] | A bit? When I met him, he was eight. | 只是有点吗 我第一次见他的时候 他才8岁 |
[44:18] | And you were heterosexual. | 你那时还是直男呢 |
[44:19] | And now this child is your lover? | 现在这小屁孩成了你情人了 |
[44:22] | Who knew there was such a fine line | 谁曾想到通奸和日托 |
[44:24] | between adultery and day care? | 差别这么小 |
[44:26] | Bugger off, Karl. You have no right to judge me. | 你滚 卡尔 你没资格评判我 |
[44:29] | I’m not judging you, | 我没有评判你 |
[44:30] | I’m just teasing. | 我只是在戏弄你 |
[44:32] | If anything, I’m happy for us. Drink? | 要说有什么的话 我为我们感到开心 喝酒吗 |
[44:35] | Brandy. What do you mean you’re happy for us? | 白兰地 什么叫你为我们感到开心 |
[44:38] | Well, don’t you see? We don’t need to get a divorce. | 你不明白吗 我们不需要离婚 |
[44:42] | We have stumbled into the perfect arrangement. | 我们无意中卷入了这完美的安排 |
[44:46] | You will have your lovers and I will have mine, | 你有你的情人 我也有我的 |
[44:48] | and then we will come home to sparkling conversation. | 然后我们回家八卦我们的情事 |
[44:52] | It’s very European. | 这很欧洲 |
[44:54] | It doesn’t bother you that I’m having sex with someone else? | 你不介意我和别人上床吗 |
[44:56] | Darling, I’m gay. | 亲爱的 我是同性恋 |
[44:58] | Look, for me, sex with a woman is like emptying the dishwasher. | 对我来说 和女人做爱就好比腾空洗碗机 |
[45:03] | I mean, I’ll do it if I’m asked, | 要是有人求我和女人做 我会的 |
[45:04] | but if someone else volunteers, I won’t complain. | 但如果有人自告奋勇 我也不会抱怨 |
[45:12] | Oh. You know I love this shirt. | 你知道我很喜欢这件衬衣的 |
[45:14] | You might’ve asked for vodka. | 你可以说你要喝伏特加啊 |
[45:16] | I don’t understand. How can you not be jealous? | 我不懂 你怎么会不吃醋 |
[45:18] | Sorry, wait, you want me to be jealous of Tommy Harte? | 抱歉 你想让我吃汤米·哈特的醋 |
[45:23] | He’s jealous of you! | 他吃你的醋 |
[45:24] | So he should be. I’m the husband. | 那是应该的 我是你老公 |
[45:27] | Not for long. | 不会太久了 |
[45:27] | Oh, what are you gonna do, divorce me and marry Tommy? | 你要怎么做 和我离婚再嫁给汤米吗 |
[45:30] | – Maybe I will. – Oh, good. Well, I’ll get you a gift. | -也许我会的 -很好 我会给你们准备礼物 |
[45:33] | Where will you be registered? Fisher-Price? | 你们要去哪登记 费雪玩具店吗 |
[45:37] | Everything is not a joke, Karl. | 不是什么都是笑话的 卡尔 |
[45:39] | You’re not being funny, you’re being cruel. | 你这不是好笑 是冷酷 |
[45:41] | Oh, darling, I’m not trying to be cruel. I love you. | 亲爱的 我可不想冷酷无情 我爱你 |
[45:43] | No, you don’t! | 不 你不爱 |
[45:46] | Not the way I need. | 不是我需要的那种爱 |
[45:47] | I want a man who loves me so much | 我想要一个深爱我的男人 |
[45:49] | that he would kill another man if I slept with someone else. | 如果我和别人睡了 他会愿意去杀了那男人 |
[45:54] | And I’m never gonna get that from you, am I? | 但是你永远做不到 对吗 |
[45:58] | No. | 是的 |
[46:03] | But you’re my best friend. | 可你是我最好的朋友 |
[46:06] | It’s not enough. | 这不够 |
[46:21] | Shit. | 该死 |
[46:27] | Yeah? Hey, babe. | 喂 亲爱的 |
[46:29] | Hey. Why are you whispering? | 怎么这么小声 |
[46:32] | Oh, I was just, I was writing, so, you know… | 我在写作 你懂的 |
[46:35] | …takes me a minute to get out of the “In my head” Voice | 我需要点时间才能从”脑海中的”声音 |
[46:38] | and back into the “Out loud” Voice. | 回到我”大声说话的”声音 |
[46:40] | – How did everything go? – Oh, the conference was great, | -进展如何 -会议很顺利 |
[46:43] | and my sisters… are my sisters. | 我的姐姐们还是老样子 |
[46:47] | – Yeah. – Look, if you’re working, I don’t want to stop you. | -嗯 -如果你在工作的话 我不想打扰你 |
[46:49] | Um, is Jade up? I can talk to her. | 洁德醒着吗 我可以跟她聊 |
[46:56] | I-I-I think she’s walking the dog. | 她好像去遛狗了 |
[47:03] | It’s a little late for that, no? | 这个点去未免太晚了吧 |
[47:06] | Yeah, but, you know… | 嗯 不过… |
[47:07] | dog can’t tell time, so… | 狗可分不清时间 |
[47:15] | I’m, uh… I’m glad you checked in. | 我很高兴你打电话过来 |
[47:18] | Yeah. Um, I love you. | 当然 我爱你 |
[47:22] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |