时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | We tell the neighbors that Mrs. Yost went away. | 我们可以告诉邻居约斯特太太出门了 |
[00:12] | Or better still, | 更好的是… |
[00:12] | we could arrange for some of them to see her leave. | 我们可以安排其中一些人看到她离开 |
[00:15] | They’ll start to look for her, | 他们会开始寻找她 |
[00:16] | miles and miles away from our front yard. | 在远离我们家前院的地方 |
[00:19] | He put a codicil in his will | 他在遗嘱里加了一条 |
[00:19] | Hollywood… | 好莱坞 |
[00:21] | saying that if I would embarrass him | 说如果我找一个他不认可的对象 |
[00:23] | with any men he didn’t approve of, | 再让他难堪的话 |
[00:25] | he would disinherit me. | 他就剥夺我的继承权 |
[00:26] | She’d be disinherited if she was caught in a compromising position. | 如果她被发现保持不洁关系 就会失去继承权 |
[00:29] | You’re asking me to screw her? | 你是要我跟她上床 |
[00:31] | – So, that’s her? – Well, you got your answer. | -就是她吗 -你已经找到答案了 |
[00:33] | – Now, let’s go. – Wait. | -我们走吧 -等等 |
[00:34] | God, I am so stupid. | 天呐 我太傻了 |
[00:37] | I’m his lover. | 我是他的情人 |
[00:38] | You cheated on me with that? | 你出轨的对象竟然是她吗 |
[00:40] | You deserve each other. | 婊子配狗 天长地久 |
[00:42] | It’s over. | 我们结束了 |
[00:44] | We have an opening for a new member. | 我们有一个新成员的位置空缺 |
[00:46] | I nominate Alma Fillcot. | 我提名艾尔玛·菲尔科特 |
[00:48] | She is very, very nice. | 她人特别好 |
[01:03] | From the moment the phone rang, | 从电话响起的那一刻起 |
[01:05] | Alma Fillcot knew she was in trouble. | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特就知道她有麻烦了 |
[01:09] | As every housewife knows, | 因为每个家庭主妇都深知 |
[01:11] | good news… | 早上9点前打来的电话 |
[01:13] | never calls before 9:00. | 绝不会有好消息 |
[01:15] | – Hello? – Thank God you’re home. | -喂 -谢天谢地你在家 |
[01:18] | It’s Grace. I… | 我是格蕾丝 我… |
[01:19] | I called you ten times yesterday. | 我昨天给你打了好多次电话 |
[01:21] | I was out of town. | 我出门了 |
[01:23] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[01:24] | Oh, nothing much. | 没什么 |
[01:26] | Except you’re about to be ambushed. | 只是你即将遭遇伏击 |
[01:28] | Ambushed? | 伏击 |
[01:29] | As you know, I have been campaigning for you | 如你所知 我一直在为你争取 |
[01:31] | to get the open spot in the Garden Club. But… | 园艺俱乐部的空缺的席位 但是… |
[01:34] | well, Rita Castillo is not convinced that you’ll be a, um… | 丽塔·卡斯蒂罗认为你 |
[01:39] | a good fit. | 不合适 |
[01:40] | Oh, she… she’s not? | 她是这么想的吗 |
[01:42] | I begged her to give you a chance. | 我求她给你一次机会 |
[01:43] | So, she’s decided to drop by your home | 所以她决定去你家 |
[01:46] | for a surprise inspection. | 来一次突击检查 |
[01:48] | Rita is coming to my home? | 丽塔要来我家 |
[01:50] | With the entire nominating committee. | 提名委员会全体成员都会去 |
[01:52] | Today at 3:00. | 今天3点 |
[01:54] | My house is a mess. | 我家里一团糟 |
[01:56] | Well, then don’t spend another second talking to me. | 那就别再跟我说话了 |
[02:00] | Grace, you-you are, you are a true pal. | 格蕾丝 你真够朋友 |
[02:02] | Happy to help. | 乐意帮忙 |
[02:04] | But if you tell Rita I warned you, | 但你要是告诉丽塔我提醒了你 |
[02:05] | I will denounce you as a liar. | 我就说你是骗子 |
[02:06] | Oh, I understand completely. | 我完全理解 |
[02:08] | I’m so glad. | 那就好 |
[02:10] | Well, good luck. | 祝好运 |
[02:18] | Alma raced into her living room, | 艾尔玛冲进了她的客厅 |
[02:21] | determined to clean like she’d never cleaned before. | 决心拿出这辈子从未有过的干劲来打扫 |
[02:25] | But as she looked around at the worn sofa | 但当她看到那破旧的沙发 |
[02:27] | and chipped knickknacks that filled her modest home, | 以及自己寒酸的家里随处可见的破烂摆设 |
[02:32] | Alma realized hasty housework | 她意识到即便仓促打扫一番 |
[02:36] | wouldn’t be enough to impress the chic ladies | 也不足以取悦园艺俱乐部 |
[02:39] | of the Garden Club. | 那些时髦的女士们 |
[02:43] | What she really needed was to fill her home | 她真正要做的是让家里充满 |
[02:46] | with lovely things. | 精美的东西 |
[02:48] | And with no time to go shopping, | 由于已经没有时间去购物 |
[02:50] | Alma did the next best thing. | 艾尔玛做出了次优选择 |
[02:53] | She went to a dead woman’s home, | 她去了一个死去的女人家里 |
[02:57] | and began borrowing. | 开始”借”东西 |
[03:26] | While Alma was busy committing theft in Los Angeles, | 当艾尔玛在洛杉矶忙着偷窃时 |
[03:30] | her previous crime was being discovered | 几百英里之外 她之前犯下的罪行 |
[03:33] | hundreds of miles away. | 即将败露 |
[03:36] | Who found it? | 谁发现的 |
[03:37] | Well, some kid went fishing this morning hoping to catch a trout. | 有个小孩今早去钓鱼 想钓条鳟鱼 |
[03:41] | Hooked a Dodge instead. | 结果却钓上来一辆道奇 |
[03:44] | So, what do we think happened here? | 你觉得是什么情况 |
[03:46] | Car’s registered to a Carol Yost in L.A. | 车主是洛杉矶一个叫卡萝尔·约斯特的人 |
[03:49] | My guess? | 我的想法 |
[03:50] | She was on a road trip, fell asleep at the wheel, | 她在自驾游 开车的时候睡着了 |
[03:52] | then drove into the lake. | 然后开进了湖里 |
[03:55] | Any sign of a body? | 有找到尸体吗 |
[03:57] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[03:59] | Guys. | 伙计们 |
[04:01] | Come here. | 来这边 |
[04:05] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[04:14] | Looks like she had company. | 看来她有同伴 |
[04:22] | Rocco, come– Hey! | 洛克 过来 |
[04:24] | Rocco. | 洛克 |
[04:26] | God. Not in Alma’s flowers. | 天 别去艾尔玛的花丛里 |
[04:29] | She’ll lose her mind. | 她会抓狂的 |
[04:36] | Alma? | 艾尔玛 |
[04:40] | Rocco, come on. | 洛克 过来 |
[04:45] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[04:47] | Lord. You scared me. | 天 你吓我一跳 |
[04:49] | – Is that Mrs. Yost’s lamp? – Yes. | -那是约斯特夫人的灯吗 -对 |
[04:51] | But I don’t have time to explain. | 但我没时间解释了 |
[04:53] | We’re under attack! | 我们要被袭击了 |
[04:55] | What? By who? | 什么 被谁袭击 |
[04:58] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[04:59] | Stop. | 站住 |
[05:02] | I insist you tell me what’s going on. | 你必须告诉我到底怎么回事 |
[05:05] | If you must know, | 你非得知道的话 |
[05:06] | the ladies from the Garden Club are coming over today. | 园艺俱乐部的女士们今天要过来 |
[05:09] | To judge us. | 来评判我们 |
[05:12] | Alma… | 艾尔玛 |
[05:19] | What does that got to do with Mrs. Yost’s things? | 那跟约斯特太太的东西有什么关系 |
[05:22] | Our house is drab. | 我们的房子单调乏味 |
[05:23] | It’s filled to the rafters with shoddy bric-a-brac. | 架子上放的都是劣质小摆设 |
[05:25] | But Mrs. Yost, on the other hand, | 但另一方面 约斯特太太 |
[05:28] | she had lovely things. | 她有很多可爱的小玩意 |
[05:30] | She possessed the kind of taste | 她所具有的品味 |
[05:31] | that the Garden Club ladies will respect. | 是园艺俱乐部那些女士会欣赏的 |
[05:34] | That’s your excuse to steal? | 这就是你偷东西的理由吗 |
[05:36] | To impress a bunch of snobs? | 为了取悦一群势利小人 |
[05:37] | Bertram. | 伯特伦 |
[05:39] | If you will help me through this very trying day, | 如果你能帮我熬过这令人头痛的一天 |
[05:43] | I promise… | 我保证 |
[05:45] | I will stop complaining about all those people you’ve killed. | 我不会再抱怨你杀了那么多人 |
[05:47] | Think about it. | 你想想 |
[05:49] | From this moment on, | 从这一刻开始 |
[05:51] | we’ll be even. | 我们就扯平了 |
[05:56] | What a lovely vase. | 这花瓶真漂亮 |
[05:58] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:02] | Hey. What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[06:05] | N-No, stop. You can’t take my sofa. | 不 住手 你们不能搬走我的沙发 |
[06:07] | It’s not your sofa. | 这不是你的沙发 |
[06:09] | It’s mine, remember? | 是我的 记得吗 |
[06:11] | I paid for everything in this apartment, | 这公寓里所有东西都是我买的 |
[06:12] | which you are leaving. Today. | 你今天也得给我离开 |
[06:15] | Oh, you’re still mad, huh? | 你还在生气 对吧 |
[06:17] | Just a skosh. | 只有一点点气 |
[06:19] | Take these bottles to the truck. | 把这些酒搬到卡车上 |
[06:20] | And, you, take the suits. | 还有你 负责搬西装 |
[06:22] | You’re taking my suits? | 你要拿走我的西装 |
[06:24] | Oh, come on, Rita. Have a heart. | 别这样 丽塔 发发善心吧 |
[06:26] | I do have a heart. | 我的确有心 |
[06:27] | It’s a shame you had to find out by breaking it. | 可惜你非要让我心碎了才发现 |
[06:30] | Oh, wait, wait, wait. Now, I… | 等等 等等 |
[06:32] | I know I messed up, | 我知道我搞砸了 |
[06:33] | but if you get rid of these guys, | 不过如果你打发这些工人走 |
[06:35] | then I’ll make it up to you. | 我就肉偿你 |
[06:38] | You want to screw your way out of this jam? Fine. | 你想靠上床来帮自己解决危机 行啊 |
[06:41] | But I’m not the one you need to seduce. | 但你需要勾引的人不是我 |
[06:45] | You’re still trying to get me in bed with Carlo’s daughter? | 你还没放弃把我送到卡洛女儿的床上吗 |
[06:47] | If you can pretend to be interested in a fat girl, | 如果你能假装对一个胖女孩有兴趣 |
[06:51] | you can fake a bit of passion for a middle-aged woman. | 你也可以假装喜欢一个中年女人 |
[06:54] | I never faked it with you, baby. | 我在你面前从来没假装过 宝贝 |
[06:57] | Oh, you meant Catherine. | 原来你是指凯瑟琳 |
[06:59] | Leave nothing! | 一样东西都别留下 |
[07:02] | No, wait. | 不 等等 |
[07:05] | Rita, please. | 丽塔 拜托 |
[07:07] | Don’t do this. | 别这么做 |
[07:08] | Catherine is out to destroy me. | 凯瑟琳想毁了我 |
[07:10] | And she’ll succeed, unless I get some leverage. | 她会成功的 除非我掌握她的把柄 |
[07:12] | And you are the only one who can help me do that. | 你是唯一能帮我做这事的人 |
[07:14] | But do I have to sleep with her? | 但我非得跟她上床吗 |
[07:15] | A photo of Catherine in bed with a young buck | 一张凯瑟琳和小鲜肉在床上的照片 |
[07:18] | would disinherit her. | 能让她失去继承资格 |
[07:19] | That’s how I’ll blackmail her out of my life. | 这样我就能勒索她离开我的生活了 |
[07:22] | And you can have your suits back. | 你也可以要回你的西装 |
[07:24] | What could be simpler? | 还有比这更简单的事吗 |
[07:25] | But I’m an actor, not a whore. | 但我是个演员 不是男妓 |
[07:27] | Scooter, I’ve seen your acting. | 斯库特 我看过你演戏 |
[07:29] | I wouldn’t be so quick to rule out a more viable career. | 你最好别这么急着排除一个更加可行的职业 |
[07:34] | Go to hell. | 去死吧 |
[07:35] | I don’t need you. | 我不需要你 |
[07:37] | We’ll see about that. | 那我们走着瞧 |
[07:40] | And I paid for this, too. | 这也是我买的 |
[07:48] | Hey, Mrs. Ayashi. | 你好 爱子太太 |
[07:55] | Hello. | 喂 |
[07:56] | Is this Vern Loomis? | 你是维恩·卢米斯吗 |
[07:57] | Sure. Who’s this? | 是我 你是谁 |
[07:59] | The guy whose life you ruined. | 被你毁了一生的男人 |
[08:00] | You’ll have to be more specific. | 你得再说得具体点 |
[08:02] | You think this is funny? | 你觉得这很好笑吗 |
[08:04] | Sophie’s going to divorce me. | 索菲要跟我离婚 |
[08:07] | This must be Mr. Hemple. | 你肯定是亨普尔先生 |
[08:09] | And she told my boss. | 她还告诉了我老板 |
[08:11] | Then he fired me because of you. | 然后他炒了我 都怪你 |
[08:13] | No, Sid. | 不 希德 |
[08:14] | He fired you because you were knocking boots with his secretary. | 他炒了你是因为你在跟他的秘书翻云覆雨 |
[08:17] | You’re going to pay for what you did to me, Loomis. | 你要为这事付出代价 卢米斯 |
[08:19] | Oh, so dearly. | 巨大的代价 |
[08:22] | “Oh, so dearly”? | “巨大的代价” |
[08:24] | Who taught you how to make death threats? | 谁教你对别人进行死亡威胁的 |
[08:25] | Noël Coward? | 诺埃尔·科沃德吗[英国演员] |
[08:28] | Hello? | 喂 |
[08:30] | Sid? | 希德 |
[08:45] | Scooter. | 斯库特 |
[08:46] | What’s with the getup? | 你这是什么打扮 |
[08:48] | Long story. | 说来话长 |
[08:50] | Come on. | 说吧 |
[08:54] | So, what do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[08:56] | Rita threw me out of my apartment. | 丽塔把我从公寓里赶出来了 |
[08:59] | Was it something I said? | 是因为我说的话吗 |
[09:00] | That’s not funny. | 这不好笑 |
[09:01] | Hey. You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[09:03] | You can’t blame me for getting sore. | 你不能怪我冷嘲热讽 |
[09:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:07] | It’s all my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[09:11] | So, what do you need? | 那你要什么 |
[09:12] | Money. | 钱 |
[09:14] | I’m down to my last 22 cents. | 我只剩22美分了 |
[09:17] | Boy. | 老天 |
[09:18] | You got some nerve. | 你脸皮可真厚 |
[09:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:21] | But I’m desperate. | 但我走投无路了 |
[09:23] | I could end up on the streets. | 我可能要流落街头 |
[09:30] | That’s all I got. Take it. | 这是我所有的钱 拿去吧 |
[09:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:41] | Scooter, don’t. | 斯库特 别这样 |
[09:43] | I never meant to upset you. | 我没想让你难过 |
[09:46] | I just thought we were having fun. | 我以为我们只是玩玩而已 |
[09:48] | You were having fun. | 你是玩玩而已 |
[09:49] | I was falling in love. | 我是爱上你了 |
[09:53] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:01] | Maybe this turned out for the best. | 也许这是最好的结局 |
[10:04] | There’s got to be someone out there | 以后一定会有 |
[10:05] | who’ll treat you better than I did. | 比我对你更好的人 |
[10:08] | Yeah. You may be onto something. | 是啊 也许你说得对 |
[10:13] | What on earth? | 你究竟在干什么 |
[10:16] | Did you take another one of her dresses? | 你又拿了她另一条裙子吗 |
[10:18] | Our house isn’t the only thing that needs to look good today. | 今天需要看起来光鲜亮丽的不只是我们家 |
[10:21] | Such a difference in this room. | 这间房子大变样了 |
[10:24] | Do you want me to take the rest of our things to the attic? | 你想要我把家里剩下的东西拿去阁楼吗 |
[10:30] | – Alma? – Yes. | -艾尔玛 -对 |
[10:31] | Take it to the attic. | 拿去阁楼吧 |
[10:32] | But… | 不过 |
[10:34] | That should go, too. | 把那个也拿走 |
[10:37] | The portrait of our family? | 我们的全家福 |
[10:39] | – Why? – The woman in that picture | -为什么 -照片里的那个女人 |
[10:41] | is not Garden Club material. | 可不是园艺俱乐部的料 |
[10:44] | Take it down. | 取下来吧 |
[10:49] | It’s just for one night. | 就一晚上 |
[10:51] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:53] | It just seems ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[10:56] | Oh, shoot. I forgot about that. | 该死 我忘了这个 |
[10:59] | Too bad. | 真可惜 |
[11:00] | – Back it goes. – No, wait. | -我挂回去 -不 等等 |
[11:03] | I’ve got a better idea. Come with me. | 我有个更好的主意 跟我来 |
[11:12] | Now, this is a painting. | 这才叫做画 |
[11:15] | – I like our picture better. – How can you compare them? | -我更喜欢我们的照片 -它们怎么能比 |
[11:19] | Well, our portrait says you value family. | 我们的全家福表明你重视家庭 |
[11:20] | Uh, you have a loving husband and daughter. | 你有爱你的丈夫和女儿 |
[11:22] | I doubt that’s going to impress the ladies of the Garden Club. | 我不觉得那能打动园艺俱乐部的女士们 |
[11:26] | But this… | 但这幅画 |
[11:27] | This will help convince them that we’re sophisticates, | 这幅画能让她们相信我们很有品位 |
[11:30] | that we’ve been to Paris. | 相信我们去过巴黎 |
[11:33] | Why do you want to join a club you can only get into | 为什么你想加入一个 |
[11:35] | by pretending to be someone you’re not? | 需要假扮成别人才能加入的俱乐部 |
[11:38] | This painting may not be who I am, | 这幅画代表的也许不是我 |
[11:40] | but it’s who I yearn to be. | 但是代表了我渴望成为的人 |
[11:42] | Which is a healthier dream than some I could mention. | 这个理想可比有些人的理想健康多了 |
[11:45] | You said you’d stop bringing that up. | 你说过你不会再提这件事 |
[11:46] | If you helped me. | 如果你帮助我的话 |
[11:49] | Will you take the painting down or not? | 你到底要不要取下那幅画 |
[11:52] | Fine. I just hope it’s all worth it. | 行吧 我只是希望这一切都值得 |
[11:54] | Yes, of course. | 当然了 |
[11:57] | It’s the one touch the room needs. | 整个房间就需要这点睛之笔 |
[11:58] | It was a stroke of genius to come back for it. | 我们回来取它简直是天才之举 |
[12:13] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[12:23] | Good God. Why are the police here? | 老天 警察怎么来了 |
[12:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:26] | But let’s not discuss it in front of the window. | 咱们别在窗前讨论这个 |
[12:30] | Maybe they’re investigating Mrs. Yost’s disappearance. | 他们可能在调查约斯特太太失踪一事 |
[12:33] | Of course. | 当然 |
[12:34] | You’re right. This is good. | 你说得对 这是好事 |
[12:35] | This is what we wanted to happen. | 这正是我们想要发生的 |
[12:37] | Not while we’re robbing her house. | 但不是在我们洗劫她家的时候 |
[12:39] | Right. | 也是 |
[12:48] | LAPD! | 洛杉矶警察局 |
[12:52] | You see anything? | 有看到什么吗 |
[12:53] | Nope. | 没有 |
[13:04] | Let’s head out the back, all right? | 我们从后门出去 可以吗 |
[13:06] | Grab the painting first. | 先把画拿上 |
[13:08] | You want me to steal it with the police literally on the doorstep? | 你要我在警察就在门口的情况下去偷画 |
[13:10] | We’re not stealing it. We’re just borrowing it. | 我们没偷 只是借而已 |
[13:12] | Yes, I’m sure they’ll understand the distinction. | 是啊 他们肯定能理解区别 |
[13:14] | Regardless, I need it. | 无论如何 我需要它 |
[13:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:19] | Just give me two minutes. All right? | 就给我两分钟 行吗 |
[13:20] | I’ll help you get out of here. | 我帮你离开这里 |
[13:22] | What are you going to do? | 你要做什么 |
[13:29] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[13:33] | Check that window. | 你去看看那扇窗户 |
[13:55] | Officers. | 警官们 |
[13:57] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[13:59] | Yes. Hi. | 你们好 |
[14:01] | Can I help you? | 有什么需要帮助的 |
[14:03] | Maybe. Do you know the lady who lives here? | 或许吧 你认识住在这里的太太吗 |
[14:05] | Which, this? Yes, this one. | 哪家 这家吗 这家 |
[14:07] | Oh, yes. Mrs. Yost. Of course, yes. | 当然了 约斯特太太 当然认识了 |
[14:10] | Why do you ask? | 为什么问这个 |
[14:11] | Well, when was the last time you saw her? | 你上一次见到她是什么时候 |
[14:15] | Um, two days ago. | 两天前 |
[14:16] | She was leaving on a trip. | 她出发去旅行 |
[14:18] | Somewhere up north, I think. | 我想是在北边的什么地方 |
[14:21] | Was she traveling by herself? | 她独自一人吗 |
[14:23] | Yes. Yes. | 对 是的 |
[14:24] | My-my husband, um, saw her leave, actually. | 我丈夫 看到她离开 |
[14:27] | And so did our neighbor across the street. | 对面的邻居也都看见了 |
[14:30] | Is-is everything… | 一切… |
[14:32] | Is everything all right? | 一切都还好吗 |
[14:33] | Well, we’re not sure. | 我们不确定 |
[14:34] | Her car was found near San Luis Obispo, in a lake. | 我们在圣路易斯-奥比斯波附近的湖里发现了她的车 |
[14:40] | A lake?! Oh, the news… | 湖里 怎么会 |
[14:42] | It’s just… | 真是太 |
[14:46] | Terrible. Lakes are so… | 糟糕了 湖可真是 |
[14:48] | deep, it’s– I’m okay. | 太深了 我没事了 |
[14:50] | – You-you sure? – Yes. | -您确定吗 -是的 |
[14:51] | I’m so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[14:52] | You seem pretty emotional. | 您好像情绪波动比较大 |
[14:54] | Oh, yes. Well, I am… | 是的 我 |
[14:58] | going through the change. You know? | 进入更年期了 |
[15:04] | So, was Mrs. Yost planning to meet anyone up north? | 那么 约斯特太太有没有说她要去北方见什么人 |
[15:09] | No. | 没有 |
[15:10] | Why? Was she seen with someone? | 怎么这么问 你们看到她跟别人在一起吗 |
[15:12] | Not that we know of. | 那倒没听说过 |
[15:13] | No. But there were footprints on the riverbank. | 没有 不过岸边有脚印 |
[15:15] | Two sets. | 两个人的 |
[15:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:18] | So, she might still be alive. | 所以她有可能还活着 |
[15:20] | Don’t worry. We’ll keep looking for her. | 别担心 我们会尽力寻找 |
[15:23] | Aren’t you dedicated? | 你们可真是尽职尽责 |
[15:27] | If you gentlemen will excuse me, | 现在我要失陪一下了 |
[15:29] | – I’m expecting guests shortly. – Of course. | -我稍后有客人来访 -当然 |
[15:32] | Here’s my card. If you should hear from Mrs. Yost, | 这是我的名片 万一约斯特太太联系您 |
[15:34] | – give me a call. – Of course. Thank you. | -请给我打电话 -好的 谢谢你 |
[15:36] | And, uh, ma’am. | 还有 女士 |
[15:37] | Don’t be embarrassed. | 不必不好意思 |
[15:38] | Hey, my mom is going through the change. | 我妈妈也在更年期 |
[15:42] | She sweats even more than you do. | 她出的汗比您还多 |
[15:45] | How gallant of you. | 你可真是绅士 |
[15:53] | – Hello? – Hey. It’s me. | -你好 -喂 是我 |
[15:56] | – Got plans for lunch? – Yeah. | -想好午餐吃什么了吗 -对 |
[15:58] | I thought I’d leave here at 1:00 and head over to your diner. | 我想一点钟走 然后去你的餐厅 |
[16:01] | My shift ends at 12:30. | 我十二点半交班 |
[16:02] | Well, that’s too bad. You know? | 那就太遗憾了 |
[16:03] | I was looking forward to seeing you. | 我还想见你呢 |
[16:05] | Well, I could always stay and have lunch with you. | 我也可以留下和你共进午餐 |
[16:08] | I’d like that, very much. | 乐意之至 |
[16:10] | It’s sort of romantic, when you think about it. | 仔细想想 多浪漫啊 |
[16:12] | Having our first date at the place we met. | 在我们第一次遇见的地方第一次约会 |
[16:15] | Hey, what now? | 你说什么 |
[16:17] | See you at 1:00. | 一点钟见 |
[16:19] | Did-did you say date? | 你刚是说约会吗 |
[16:21] | Hello? | 喂 |
[16:23] | You son of a bitch. | 你这个混蛋 |
[16:25] | This day just keeps getting better and better. | 今天真是越来越精彩了 |
[16:28] | You call yourself a detective? | 还当侦探呢 |
[16:30] | You know who Scooter’s cleaning lady was? | 你知道斯库特雇的清洁工是谁吗 |
[16:33] | She was a 20-year-old in a wig. | 是个戴假发的二十岁女孩 |
[16:35] | You knew? | 你早就知道 |
[16:37] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 为什么不告诉我 |
[16:39] | I talked to the girl. | 我和那女孩谈过了 |
[16:41] | Told her she could do better than a pretty boy | 告诉她她能找到更好的 |
[16:43] | who makes her dress up like Ma Kettle. | 比那个让她打扮成凯特大妈的帅哥更好 |
[16:45] | She got the message and dumped him. | 她听我的劝把他甩了 |
[16:47] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[16:50] | Why do you want to know? | 你为什么想知道 |
[16:51] | She humiliated me. | 她羞辱了我 |
[16:53] | I want to see her punished. | 我要让她难堪 |
[16:55] | She’s a good kid. | 她是个好孩子 |
[16:57] | Leave her alone. | 别招惹她 |
[16:59] | Mr. Loomis. | 卢米斯先生 |
[17:00] | Tell me her name, | 告诉我她的名字 |
[17:02] | and I’ll make it worth your while. | 我会酬谢你的 |
[17:04] | Nice try, but I can’t be bought. | 想得美 我是不会被收买的 |
[17:06] | Please. | 得了吧 |
[17:08] | Everyone has a price. | 每个人都有价格 |
[17:11] | So how much did Mr. Castillo pay for you? | 那卡斯蒂罗先生付你多少钱 |
[17:15] | I beg your pardon. | 你说什么 |
[17:16] | It’s obvious, you never loved him. | 很明显 你从没爱过他 |
[17:19] | You only married him | 你嫁给他只是因为 |
[17:20] | because you knew he’d buy you pretty things. | 你知道他会给你买那些光鲜亮丽的东西 |
[17:22] | But that didn’t fill up that hole in your soul. | 但这并不能填补你内心的空虚 |
[17:26] | So, you got yourself a gigolo. | 所以你给自己找了个小白脸 |
[17:28] | Fooled yourself into thinking that he loved you. | 愚弄自己 让自己以为他爱你 |
[17:31] | Now, you know he didn’t. | 现在你知道他不爱你 |
[17:33] | And so, you’re starting to panic because you finally learned | 于是你开始害怕 因为你终于知道 |
[17:37] | that the real thing ain’t for sale. | 真情是不能用钱买到的 |
[17:40] | And the guys who might have loved you back in the day | 而以前可能爱过你的那些男人 |
[17:42] | are now only interested in… | 现在只对 |
[17:44] | fresher produce. | 年轻姑娘感兴趣 |
[17:47] | You can’t speak to me that way. | 你不能跟我这样说话 |
[17:51] | No one speaks to me that way. | 没人能跟我这样说话 |
[17:54] | Well then, no one’s been telling you the truth. | 那就没人告诉过你真相 |
[18:03] | What did the police say? | 警察说什么了 |
[18:05] | They found Mrs. Yost’s car. | 他们找到了约斯特太太的车 |
[18:07] | That’s all? | 就这些 |
[18:08] | You were talking to them for a very long time. | 你跟他们聊了很长时间 |
[18:10] | You looked upset. | 你看着不开心 |
[18:12] | Of course I looked upset. | 我当然看着不开心 |
[18:13] | I just found out that my neighbor is missing. | 我刚发现我的邻居失踪了 |
[18:15] | Well, I mean, we almost left your purse in the car. | 我们差点把你的包留在车上 |
[18:17] | I was wondering if we’d forgotten anything else. | 我在想我们是不是还忘了别的东西 |
[18:19] | If they were onto us. | 他们是否在怀疑我们 |
[18:19] | They’re not onto us. Just calm down. | 他们没有怀疑我们 冷静 |
[18:22] | Sorry. Yes. | 对不起 好的 |
[18:24] | I’ll just go and take the rest of our family up to the attic. | 我去把我们家其他东西拿到阁楼上去 |
[18:27] | Bertie? | 伯特 |
[18:29] | Yes, dear? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[18:31] | I was right about the painting. | 我把画拿过来是对的 |
[18:34] | It really does bring the whole room together. | 它确实让我们家蓬荜生辉 |
[18:37] | Yes, dear. | 是的 亲爱的 |
[18:42] | So I was thinking after this, we could go to a movie. | 所以我想我们吃完饭可以去看电影 |
[18:46] | The new Abbott and Costello is playing down the street. | 艾伯特与卡斯特罗的新电影正在上映 |
[18:49] | That sound good? | 怎么样 |
[18:52] | Sure. | 可以 |
[18:55] | Okay. What gives? | 好吧 发生什么事了 |
[18:57] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[18:58] | Ever since you got here, I’ve been doing all the talking. | 你来了之后 一直是我在说话 |
[19:01] | Where’s the sarcasm? | 嘲讽呢 |
[19:02] | The snide banter? | 挖苦呢 |
[19:04] | Guess I’m a… | 也许是我 |
[19:05] | I’m a little nervous. | 我有点紧张 |
[19:07] | On the phone, you said this was a date. | 你在电话上说这是约会 |
[19:09] | Yeah. So? | 是的 那又怎样 |
[19:11] | Yeah. So, it-it’s been a while for me. | 我挺长时间没约会了 |
[19:14] | That doesn’t make sense. | 这没道理啊 |
[19:16] | You’re such a nice guy. | 你人这么好 |
[19:17] | There must be tons of girls wanting to snap you up. | 肯定有很多姑娘追你 |
[19:19] | Yeah, well… | 这个嘛 |
[19:22] | Surely, you must have had someone special. | 你肯定有过特别的人 |
[19:26] | There was this one girl. | 是有一个女孩 |
[19:27] | We were engaged. | 我们订婚了 |
[19:30] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[19:34] | I went to war, | 我去参军打仗了 |
[19:36] | and she didn’t like the guy who came back. | 她并不喜欢从战场归来的那个人 |
[19:40] | You must have seen a lot of death, huh? | 你肯定见了很多死亡 |
[19:43] | Well, it was a war. | 毕竟是战争 |
[19:45] | If there’s no death, it’s just guys in helmets on vacation. | 如果没有阵亡 那就是带着盔甲度假了 |
[19:48] | There we go. | 这就对了 |
[19:49] | There’s my snide banter. | 这才是我记忆中的挖苦 |
[19:59] | Here you go, mister. | 上菜了 先生 |
[20:00] | One chuck steak, very rare. | 牛肩扒 3分熟 |
[20:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:06] | Oh, and, miss? | 小姐 |
[20:07] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[20:09] | – I’m gonna need a knife. – Sure. | -我需要餐刀 -好的 |
[20:35] | Bertram, they’re here. | 伯特伦 她们到了 |
[20:38] | Put the kettle on and get your jacket. | 去烧上水 穿上外套 |
[20:41] | You weren’t this nervous when the police showed up. | 警察来了你都没这么紧张 |
[20:42] | There’s not a cop alive who scares me | 没有任何一个警察 |
[20:44] | as much as Rita Castillo does. | 能像丽塔·卡斯蒂罗一样让我害怕 |
[20:47] | What a shabby little house. | 这房子还挺寒碜 |
[20:48] | Oh, but the garden’s lovely. Don’t you think? | 但花园挺漂亮的 你不觉得吗 |
[20:52] | Daisies, ferns and poppies? | 雏菊 蕨草 罂粟花 |
[20:55] | God. | 天啊 |
[20:57] | Why doesn’t she just hang a sign saying, | 她不如直接挂个标识牌 |
[20:58] | “We’re middle class”? | 我们是中产阶级 |
[21:00] | Someone’s in a mood. | 某人心情不好啊 |
[21:02] | Sorry. It’s been one of those days. | 抱歉 今天比较低落 |
[21:04] | Well, just don’t take it out on Alma. All right? | 不要向艾尔玛撒气 好吗 |
[21:07] | It’s bad enough we’re showing up here unannounced. | 我们不请自来已经够失礼了 |
[21:10] | Okay. | 好了 |
[21:15] | Ladies. | 女士们 |
[21:16] | Hello. | 你好 |
[21:18] | What a surprise. | 真是惊喜啊 |
[21:19] | I know you expected a formal interview | 我知道你本来是要和会员委员会 |
[21:22] | with the membership committee, but Rita decided… | 进行正式的面试 但丽塔决定 |
[21:25] | We decided to just drop by. | 我们决定上门拜访 |
[21:29] | Get a sense of your home, and how you live. | 了解一下你的家 和你的生活方式 |
[21:32] | You know? See the real you. | 就是了解真实的你 |
[21:34] | Well, here I am. | 我就在这儿 |
[21:37] | Do come in. | 请进 |
[21:38] | Please make yourselves comfortable. Hello. | 大家请不要客气 你好 |
[21:41] | Right. Hello. | 你好 |
[21:43] | Did we catch you at a bad time? | 我们来得不是时候吗 |
[21:45] | Oh, no. I-I-I was… | 没有 我 我刚刚 |
[21:48] | just cleaning. | 在打扫卫生 |
[21:49] | In that? | 穿着这身 |
[21:51] | Oh. Yes. | 没错 |
[21:52] | I, uh, well, I’m stopping by my church later | 我 我等会要去趟教堂 |
[21:55] | with some homemade scones for their bake sale. | 给他们的烤饼义卖送点烤饼 |
[21:58] | When they’re out of the oven, perhaps you’d like to try some. | 等会出炉了你们也尝尝吧 |
[22:02] | And they’re done. | 烤好了 |
[22:04] | What perfect timing. | 时间正好 |
[22:07] | A little too perfect. | 有点太正好了 |
[22:15] | Now that we have our beverages, | 大家都喝过茶了 |
[22:17] | can I offer you a tour in my garden? | 我带各位去参观一下我的花园吧 |
[22:19] | No need. We saw it on our way in. | 不用了 我们进来的时候看过了 |
[22:22] | Are you sure you saw the whole garden? | 你确定整个花园都看过了吗 |
[22:23] | It’s not a large property. | 也不是多大个地方 |
[22:25] | Alma. What a nice piano. | 艾尔玛 好漂亮的钢琴 |
[22:29] | You know, I used to play. | 我以前经常弹 |
[22:31] | But my manicurist told me to stop. | 但是我的美甲师不让我弹了 |
[22:32] | I kept breaking my nails. | 我老是弄坏指甲 |
[22:34] | Speaking of nails, | 说到指甲 |
[22:35] | how do you ladies keep your hands so lovely | 各位女士你们是怎么做到打理花园 |
[22:37] | and tend to your gardens? | 还把手保护得这么精致的 |
[22:38] | Mine are just a fright from all the weeding and thorns. | 我的手碰不得那些种子和小刺 |
[22:46] | Did I say something funny? | 我说的话很好笑吗 |
[22:49] | They’re just amused | 她们觉得很好笑 |
[22:50] | because you think we do our own gardening. | 因为你以为我们自己打理花园 |
[22:53] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[22:56] | I just, I just assumed | 我 我太想当然了 |
[22:57] | because you’re all so fond of flowers… | 因为你们都喜欢花 |
[23:00] | I’m also fond of roast chickens. | 我也喜欢烤鸡 |
[23:01] | Doesn’t mean I want to chop their heads off. | 并不代表我想剁掉它们的头 |
[23:04] | Why not? You’d be so good at it. | 为什么不呢 你肯定会很拿手 |
[23:07] | Alma, I love all of your knickknacks. | 艾尔玛 我喜欢你这些小摆件 |
[23:09] | Especially that painting of Paris. | 尤其是那幅巴黎的画 |
[23:12] | You know, it’s my favorite city. | 巴黎是我最喜欢的城市 |
[23:14] | Have you ever been? | 你去过吗 |
[23:16] | Oh, yes. Oh… | 去过 |
[23:18] | Many times. | 好多次 |
[23:21] | Many times? | 好多次 |
[23:22] | Tell me, where do you like to stay when you’re in Paris? | 那你说说 你去巴黎喜欢住在哪儿 |
[23:26] | Oh, we– Oh… | 我们 |
[23:28] | Well, we always… | 我们一般 |
[23:30] | Bertram, help me. | 伯特伦 帮我想想 |
[23:30] | Where do we stay in Paris? | 我们去巴黎一般住哪家酒店 |
[23:34] | Hotel? Pied-à-terre? | 酒店 或者临时寓所 |
[23:36] | Oh, that’s it. Yes. | 没错就是这个 没错 |
[23:37] | That’s the one. The Hotel Pied-à-Terre. | 就叫这个 临时寓所酒店 |
[23:39] | It’s so charming. | 那地方相当迷人 |
[23:45] | The “Hotel Pied-à-Terre.” | “临时寓所酒店” |
[23:50] | I think that’s the name. | 我觉得是叫这个名字 |
[23:54] | More guests. | 又有客人来了 |
[23:55] | – Bertram. Shall we? – On my way. | -伯特伦 我们去开门 -来了 |
[23:58] | You might have been more helpful back there. | 刚刚你怎么不帮帮我 |
[24:00] | I don’t lie as nimbly as you. | 我不像你一样谎话张口就来 |
[24:03] | – Hello. – Joan. | -你们好 -琼 |
[24:05] | I hope you don’t mind me bringing my Aunt Martha. | 希望你们不介意我把我的姑姑玛莎也带来了 |
[24:07] | Her doctor’s appointment ran late, | 她的会诊延误了 |
[24:09] | and there wasn’t time to get her home first. | 所以没来得及把她先送回家 |
[24:10] | I don’t have to come in. | 我不一定要进去 |
[24:12] | I can wait in the car. | 我可以在车里等你 |
[24:13] | Then complain all the way home I abandoned you? | 然后听你在回家路上不停抱怨我把你抛下了吗 |
[24:15] | I’m not falling for that again. | 我不会再犯同样的错误了 |
[24:19] | The more the merrier. So… | 人多更热闹 那么 |
[24:21] | Please come in. | 请进吧 |
[24:22] | This way. Yes. You, too. | 这边请 没错 你也是 |
[24:25] | Welcome. Welcome. | 欢迎 欢迎 |
[24:29] | Take the old woman to the dining room. | 把那个老女人带去饭厅 |
[24:31] | She’s clearly in a foul mood. | 她明显心情不好 |
[24:32] | I don’t want her ruining my party for the nice ladies. | 我可不想让她毁了我为人美心善的夫人们准备的聚会 |
[24:34] | When do they arrive? | 人美心善的夫人们在哪儿呢 |
[24:41] | Think, uh, think that’s enough tip? | 你觉得小费给够了吗 |
[24:42] | Sure. I’ll take it over to Judy. | 当然 我去拿给朱迪 |
[24:44] | We need to hurry if we’re going to make that movie. | 我们得快点不然赶不上电影了 |
[24:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[25:01] | Sid Hemple. | 希德·亨普尔 |
[25:03] | What’re you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[25:05] | What do you think, Mr. Loomis? | 你认为呢 卢米斯先生 |
[25:06] | I think you’re following me. | 我认为你在跟踪我 |
[25:08] | Doesn’t feel good, does it? | 感觉并不好 对吗 |
[25:09] | Knowing you’re being watched. | 知道你在被人监视着 |
[25:16] | Is there another way out of this place? | 这里还有别的出口吗 |
[25:18] | Through the kitchen. Why? | 可以从厨房走 怎么了 |
[25:20] | We got a situation. There’s no time to explain. | 我们遇上了点麻烦 现在没时间解释了 |
[25:23] | Okay. Follow me. | 好吧 跟我来 |
[25:36] | Vern, who is that creep? | 维恩 那个变态是谁 |
[25:37] | The husband of one of my clients. | 我一位客户的丈夫 |
[25:39] | – He looks angry. – Yeah, well, | -他看起来很生气 -没错 |
[25:40] | I know what she’ll be getting in alimony. | 我知道她会得到多少赡养费 |
[25:42] | Trust me, he’s furious. | 所以相信我 他气炸了 |
[25:44] | Where do you think you’re going, Loomis? | 你想去哪儿 卢米斯 |
[25:45] | Look, just calm down, Sid. | 冷静点 希德 |
[25:47] | All right? We-we don’t want any trouble. | 好吗 我们不想找麻烦 |
[25:49] | That’s too bad because you got it. | 那真可惜 因为麻烦找上你了 |
[25:51] | In buckets. | 而且是大麻烦 |
[25:52] | Dee. | 小迪 |
[25:53] | – Go back into the diner. – The hell I will. | -回餐馆去 -我不要 |
[25:55] | Do what I’m telling you! | 照我说的做 |
[25:57] | Vern! | 维恩 |
[26:04] | Don’t you touch him! | 你别碰他 |
[26:15] | What are you doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[26:15] | Help! This man just attacked us! | 救命 这个人袭击了我们 |
[26:18] | Stop! | 站住 |
[26:20] | Vern, did he cut you? | 维恩 他伤到你了吗 |
[26:22] | Your leg. How bad is it? | 你的腿 严重吗 |
[26:24] | – Let me see. – Okay. I’m fine. | -让我看看 -我没事 |
[26:27] | I said I was fine. | 说了我没事 |
[26:35] | You’re kind to look after me. | 你真是好心来照顾我 |
[26:37] | And I’m sorry I spoiled your party. | 很抱歉我毁掉了你的聚会 |
[26:40] | it’s not my party. | 不是我的聚会 |
[26:41] | I’m delighted you’re here. | 我很高兴你来了 |
[26:44] | Well, you’re the only one. | 只有你这么想 |
[26:45] | I don’t fit in with my niece’s fancy friends. | 我跟我侄女那些高贵的朋友们合不来 |
[26:49] | Well, do you want to know a secret? | 告诉你个秘密 |
[26:51] | Neither do I. | 我也一样 |
[26:52] | And I’m not sure my wife does either. | 我觉得我太太也跟她们合不来 |
[26:54] | Refills. | 续杯吗 |
[26:57] | Martha? Are you all right? | 玛莎 你还好吗 |
[26:59] | Never get old, Bertram. | 千万别变老 伯特伦 |
[27:02] | Oh, you lose so much. | 你会失去很多 |
[27:04] | Your home, your freedom, your health. | 你的家 你的自由 你的健康 |
[27:07] | Your health? | 你的健康 |
[27:09] | Are you ill? | 你生病了吗 |
[27:10] | I’m falling apart. | 我快散架了 |
[27:12] | Oh, but you don’t want to hear how sick I am. | 但是你不会想听我的病情的 |
[27:16] | But I do. | 但是我想 |
[27:18] | I really do. | 我真的想 |
[27:20] | Does anyone else need wine? | 还有人需要红酒吗 |
[27:21] | Well, I could certainly use some. | 我肯定要再来点 |
[27:23] | The week I have had. | 我这一周过得啊 |
[27:25] | Well, first, my sister dumps Aunt Martha on my doorstep. | 首先 我姐姐把玛莎姨妈扔到了我门口 |
[27:28] | Then I met my 24-year-old son’s | 然后我见到了我24岁儿子的 |
[27:31] | new girlfriend, Myra. | 新女友 迈拉 |
[27:33] | Chip is dating a twice-divorced fry cook and– | 奇普正在跟一个离过两次婚的油炸工约会 |
[27:37] | get this– she’s 36. | 还有一点 她36岁了 |
[27:41] | – No. – Yes, so… | -不是吧 -是啊 所以… |
[27:42] | So, pour like there’s no tomorrow. | 给我多倒一点 |
[27:45] | Thirty-six? | 三十六岁 |
[27:47] | That’s what? | 这才多少 |
[27:49] | 12 years older? | 大了12岁 |
[27:49] | I know. | 就是说啊 |
[27:51] | He is tossing his life away. | 他简直是浪费大好前程 |
[27:53] | No, no, no. What I’m saying is, | 不不不 我的意思是 |
[27:55] | it’s not that much of an age difference. | 这也不是很大的年龄差距啊 |
[28:01] | Right? | 对吧 |
[28:04] | Grace, you’re out of tea. I’ll make some more. | 格蕾丝 你没有茶了 我再去泡点 |
[28:05] | Maybe I didn’t make this clear. | 也许我没说清楚 |
[28:07] | Chip wants to marry Myra. | 奇普想跟迈拉结婚 |
[28:11] | Ah. I mean, how can I get grandchildren when this dame | 这个老女人没多久就要绝经了 |
[28:13] | is five minutes away from menopause? | 我还怎么抱孙子啊 |
[28:14] | I hate cradle robbers. | 我讨厌不生孩子的 |
[28:17] | You just want to shake them and say, | 你真就想摇着他们说 |
[28:18] | “Honey, that kid on your arm who makes you feel so young, | “亲爱的 你怀里抱着的让你感到无比年轻的孩子 |
[28:21] | is making you look really old.” | 其实显得你非常老” |
[28:24] | – It’s so sad. – It’s sad. | -太可悲了 -是的呢 |
[28:25] | – Yes, it is sad. – It’s sad. | -是的 太可悲了 -真可悲 |
[28:26] | Excuse me. | 失陪下 |
[28:32] | Do you need more wine? | 你要再来点红酒吗 |
[28:33] | Actually,I was wondering if you had anything stronger. | 其实 我在想有没有更烈一点的 |
[28:36] | Oh, you mean like spirits? | 你是说烈酒吗 |
[28:38] | Yes. Of course. | 有的 当然有了 |
[28:43] | Is everything all right? | 你还好吧 |
[28:44] | Oh, I’m just having a bad day. | 今天就是不怎么顺心 |
[28:48] | Rye whiskey? | 黑麦威士忌 |
[28:52] | Well, I guess beggars can’t be choosers. | 好吧 乞丐也没资格挑肥拣瘦了 |
[28:55] | It’s hard for me to imagine Rita Castillo having a bad day. | 很难想象出丽塔·卡斯蒂罗会有不顺心的一天 |
[28:59] | Why? Because I’m rich? | 为什么 因为我有钱吗 |
[29:01] | Because you’re so beautiful. | 因为你漂亮啊 |
[29:05] | That hurt. | 扎嗓子 |
[29:06] | Do you have any ginger ale? | 你这有姜汁汽水吗 |
[29:08] | Yes. | 有的 |
[29:13] | You probably take your looks for granted. | 也许你已经习惯了这样的美貌 |
[29:14] | But believe me, | 但是相信我 |
[29:17] | you’re breathtaking. | 你美得让人窒息 |
[29:20] | Well, I used to be. | 那是曾经的我 |
[29:22] | Beauty like yours doesn’t fade. | 你的美貌是不会消逝的 |
[29:24] | You’ll be stunning until your dying day. | 你到死那天都会一直光彩夺目 |
[29:28] | You don’t know what I would give to look in the mirror, | 为了能在照镜子的时候看到你这样的脸 |
[29:30] | just once, and see a face like yours gazing back at me. | 哪怕只有一次 我都愿意放弃一切 |
[29:34] | Why, even standing here now, | 就算是现在站在这里 |
[29:36] | talking to you like we’re two old friends, I… | 跟你像好友一样聊天 我… |
[29:40] | I feel like I’ve won the lottery. | 都觉得自己像中了彩票一样 |
[29:42] | I’m babbling, aren’t I? | 我话太多了是吧 |
[29:43] | I always seem to do that with you. | 跟你在一起的时候我老是这样 |
[29:47] | What you must think of me. | 你会怎么看我啊 |
[29:52] | I think you’re a very nice lady. | 我觉得你是一位非常善良的女士 |
[29:56] | Probably too nice for this club. | 对于这个俱乐部而言甚至太过善良了 |
[29:59] | Though you do seem to have a few tricks up your sleeve. | 尽管你似乎有一些什么小秘密 |
[30:03] | How do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[30:05] | Alma, if you’ve been to Paris, | 艾尔玛 如果你算是去过巴黎 |
[30:08] | I’ve been to the moon. | 那我就算是去过月球 |
[30:11] | I’m so embarrassed about that. | 刚才真的让我很难为情 |
[30:13] | I-I do, I know better than to put on airs. | 的确 我不至于蠢到去摆架子 |
[30:16] | Oh, you weren’t putting on airs. | 你不是在摆架子 |
[30:18] | You were putting on armor. | 你是在”摆盔甲” |
[30:20] | Armor? | 盔甲 |
[30:22] | Like that dress. | 比如这条裙子 |
[30:24] | Now, come on. That’s never been in your closet. | 我敢说 这条裙子肯定不是你的 |
[30:27] | No. You’re right. I, um… | 你说得对 这是我 |
[30:29] | borrowed it. | 借的 |
[30:30] | Well, good for you. | 真好 |
[30:33] | I admire women who try to remake themselves. | 我很佩服那些试图重塑自己的女人 |
[30:36] | Reject the hand they were dealt, | 拒绝发给她们的一手烂牌 |
[30:38] | become someone new. | 变成新的自己 |
[30:40] | Smarter, prettier, stronger. | 一个更聪明 更漂亮 更强大的自己 |
[30:44] | When women like us do it well enough, | 当像我们这样的女人做得足够好的时候 |
[30:47] | no one can imagine we were ever anyone else. | 没人能想象得到曾经的我们有多不一样 |
[30:54] | I feel like you have so much to teach me. | 我觉得你能教给我许多 |
[30:58] | Well, maybe I will. | 或许我真的能 |
[31:00] | My time has freed up a bit. | 我最近空出了一些时间 |
[31:03] | I can use a new project. | 正好需要个新项目 |
[31:05] | That mean you’ll let me be in the club? | 意思是说你会让我加入俱乐部吗 |
[31:07] | Sure. | 当然 |
[31:08] | Under one condition. | 不过有一个条件 |
[31:10] | You got to start stocking better booze. | 你得开始采购更好的酒 |
[31:21] | I-I really need to see Rita. | 我真的需要见丽塔 |
[31:24] | She told me you cheated on her with a fat girl. | 她告诉我你背着她和一个胖女孩乱搞 |
[31:26] | She doesn’t want to ever see you again. | 她再也不想看见你了 |
[31:28] | I know she’s mad. | 我知道她很生气 |
[31:30] | But I don’t got a cent. | 但我现在身无分文 |
[31:32] | And I need a place to sleep tonight. | 我今天晚上需要找个睡觉的地方 |
[31:34] | Is there any way you could give me ten bucks? | 你能给我十美元吗 |
[31:35] | I-I’m begging. | 求你了 |
[31:38] | For God’s sake. Wait here. | 真对你没办法 在这等着 |
[31:49] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 |
[31:52] | I don’t think so. | 应该不认识 |
[31:55] | I do. | 我知道了 |
[31:55] | You work for the dry cleaner. | 你是干洗店的 |
[32:01] | Yeah. That’s me. | 对 就是我 |
[32:02] | I’m Catherine, Mr. Castillo’s daughter. | 我是凯瑟琳 卡斯蒂罗先生的女儿 |
[32:06] | Don’t move. | 你别走 |
[32:13] | I took this out of my household account. | 我从家用钱包里拿了这些 |
[32:16] | But I’m on a budget, so don’t ask for more. | 但我也经济拮据 所以别再问我要更多 |
[32:18] | How much is it? | 这有多少钱 |
[32:19] | Six dollars and 52 cents. | 6.52美元 |
[32:24] | I’m so glad I caught you. | 你还留着可太好啦 |
[32:26] | I don’t know if these pants can be salvaged. | 我不知道这裤子还能不能抢救一下 |
[32:29] | You see, my papa, he’s not well. | 你知道的 我爸爸他 身体不太好 |
[32:32] | So, he has his “accidents.” | 他时不时会出点”事故” |
[32:34] | Just clean them as best as you can. | 尽你所能洗干净点就好 |
[32:41] | Don’t you worry, ma’am. | 包在我身上 女士 |
[32:42] | We’ll get your father’s pants as good as new. | 我们会把您父亲的裤子洗得光彩如新 |
[32:47] | I forgot. | 我想起来了 |
[32:48] | You still owe me 20, for those linens last week. | 你还欠20美元没给我 上周干洗衣服的钱 |
[32:57] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[33:01] | If it’s not too forward of me to say, ma’am, | 希望我说这话不会太唐突 女士 |
[33:04] | that scarf looks lovely on you. | 您戴着这条围巾真好看 |
[33:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:13] | What a charming young man. | 多有魅力的小伙子 |
[33:19] | So, you’re sure that it’s cancer? | 这么说你确定是癌症 |
[33:21] | Yes. | 确定 |
[33:22] | And the pain is intolerable. | 而且疼得要命 |
[33:26] | But I’ve gone on about my suffering long enough. | 但我一直在唠叨我的痛苦 |
[33:29] | How bored you must be. | 你一定听烦了吧 |
[33:31] | No, it’s fine. | 没有 还好 |
[33:33] | In fact, if you ever want some company… | 其实 如果你想有个伴儿的话 |
[33:35] | You would come visit an old windbag like me? | 你会来看我这个啰嗦的老太太 |
[33:41] | What a dear man you are. | 你真是太好了 |
[33:47] | And then, after all that, | 之后 弄完那些 |
[33:49] | I had to put up all the ornaments myself. | 我不得不自己挂那些装饰品 |
[33:54] | Why didn’t your husband help you? | 为什么你丈夫不帮你 |
[33:56] | Oh, don’t get me started on my husband. | 别让我提起我的丈夫 |
[33:58] | Oh, Joan. | 琼 |
[33:59] | No one has to get you started. | 不用别人跟你提起 |
[34:01] | You’re self-winding. | 你自己会主动提起的 |
[34:04] | Is that your way of saying | 你的意思是说 |
[34:05] | I’ve been dominating the conversation? | 我一直在抢话吗 |
[34:10] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[34:11] | Alma, the powder room is…? | 艾尔玛 洗手间在 |
[34:13] | – Just down the hall. – Thank you. | -就在走廊尽头 -谢谢 |
[34:20] | Honestly? | 开什么玩笑 |
[34:21] | A ten-minute story about hanging Christmas decorations? | 挂个圣诞节饰品都能讲上十分钟 |
[34:24] | Don’t be mean, Rita. | 别这么刻薄 丽塔 |
[34:25] | I-I adore Joan. I do. | 我喜欢琼 真的 |
[34:28] | It’s just, she’s such a damn chatterbox. | 只不过 她简直就是个话匣子 |
[34:32] | Don’t you agree, Alma? | 你觉得呢 艾尔玛 |
[34:39] | Well, I-I-I could listen to Joan talk about herself all day. | 我可以听琼说上一整天她的事 |
[34:44] | And… | 而且 |
[34:46] | if I get into the club, I suppose I will. | 如果我能进俱乐部 我想我会的 |
[34:55] | You said your wife didn’t fit in with my niece’s friends. | 你说你妻子和我侄女的朋友们合不来 |
[34:59] | Sounds to me, she’s fitting in just fine. | 在我看来 她们相处得很融洽 |
[35:05] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[35:07] | Do you have a dog? | 你养狗吗 |
[35:08] | We’re taking care of our neighbor’s. Why? | 我们在帮着照看邻居的狗 怎么了 |
[35:10] | You better put it on a leash. | 你最好栓上它 |
[35:11] | It’s in your garden, digging like mad. | 它正在你的花园里疯狂刨土 |
[35:34] | What are we going to do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[35:37] | Tie up the dog. | 把狗绑起来 |
[35:40] | Get a shovel and some fertilizer from the toolshed. | 去工具房拿把铲子和化肥 |
[35:42] | Cover the body. | 盖住尸体 |
[35:43] | I’ll keep the ladies inside until you’re done. | 我会拖住她们 直到你搞定 |
[35:44] | Come, Aunt Martha. It’s time to go. | 快来 玛莎姨妈 该走了 |
[35:47] | And hurry. | 快去啊 |
[35:51] | Alma, there you are. | 艾尔玛 你在这啊 |
[35:52] | We were just saying our goodbyes. | 我们正要告辞呢 |
[35:55] | You’re leaving? So soon? | 你们要走了 这么快 |
[35:57] | Well, you’ve been very gracious, | 你很热情 |
[35:58] | but we don’t want to overstay our welcome. | 但我们不想打扰你太久 |
[36:00] | No. You can’t leave. | 不 你们不能走 |
[36:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:05] | It’s not safe. | 不安全 |
[36:09] | We’re-we’re looking after our-our neighbor’s dog. | 我们在照看我们邻居的狗 |
[36:11] | Vicious little beast, | 凶恶的小野兽 |
[36:12] | it’s already bitten several people this week. | 这周已经咬了好几个人了 |
[36:14] | We had him tied up out back, but he got loose. | 我们把它拴在后面 但它挣脱了 |
[36:16] | Bertram is subduing him. | 伯特伦正在制服它 |
[36:18] | But while he does, let’s just stay safe and sound. | 在此期间 我们别出意外 |
[36:20] | It’s been too nice a party to end in shrieks and ankle bites. | 聚会这么开心 我可不想在尖叫和咬伤中结束 |
[36:24] | Just how dangerous is he? | 它到底有多危险 |
[36:25] | Ah, you know what would help pass the time is music. | 音乐可以帮助打发时间 |
[36:29] | Mavis, I know that your manicurist will scold you, | 梅维斯 我知道你的美甲师会骂你 |
[36:32] | but would you play something for us? | 你能给我们弹奏点什么吗 |
[36:34] | Play? Sure. | 弹奏 当然 |
[36:37] | You know, I sing as well. | 我也会唱歌 |
[36:39] | As well as who? | 还有谁 |
[36:41] | Rita. I’m sure she sings marvelously. | 丽塔 她唱得肯定很好听 |
[36:43] | Ladies, gather round now. | 姐妹们快过来 |
[36:45] | Mavis is going to dazzle us. All right. | 梅维斯要惊艳全场了 |
[36:48] | Now, this is a little something I used to sing in college. | 我以前在大学时经常唱这首歌 |
[36:55] | * In olden days a glimpse of stocking * | *过去 瞥见了长筒女袜* |
[36:57] | * Was looked on as something shocking * | *都叫人惊叹不已* |
[36:59] | * Now heaven knows * | *如今谁知道* |
[37:01] | Everybody sing. | 大家唱起来 |
[37:02] | * Anything goes… * | *怎么都行* |
[37:05] | Rocco. Rocco! | 洛克 洛克 |
[37:09] | Come here! | 过来 |
[37:10] | * Writing prose… * | *写文章* |
[37:13] | What are you doing? No. | 你在干什么 不要 |
[37:15] | * The world has gone mad today * | *世界已变疯狂* |
[37:17] | * And good’s bad today * | *好的变成坏的* |
[37:18] | * And black’s white today * | *黑白颠倒* |
[37:19] | * And day’s night today * | *白天变成黑夜* |
[37:20] | * When most guys today * | *现如今大多数女人* |
[37:22] | * That women prize today * | *珍视的男人* |
[37:23] | * Are just silly gigolos * | *都只是愚蠢的舞男* |
[37:26] | * So though I’m not a great romancer… * | *所以尽管我不是传奇小说作家* |
[37:28] | Oh, shush! | 嘘 |
[37:30] | * When I propose * | *当我求婚的时候* |
[37:33] | * Anything goes * | *怎么都行* |
[37:35] | * Anything goes * | *怎么都行* |
[37:38] | * Anything goes. * | *怎么都行* |
[37:44] | So how’s he doing? | 他怎么样 |
[37:45] | He refuses to go to the hospital. | 他不肯去医院 |
[37:48] | Vern. | 维恩 |
[37:48] | I’m fine. I just needed a few stitches. | 我没事 我只需要缝几针 |
[37:51] | I need you to stay put for a sec. | 你先别动 |
[37:52] | You still got to sign a release form. | 你还得签署一份免责声明书 |
[37:59] | So… | 那么 |
[38:00] | Why didn’t you tell me about your leg? | 你怎么没跟我说过你的腿 |
[38:02] | You mean the one that looks like a charred piece of barbecue? | 你是说看起来像烧焦的烤肉的那条腿吗 |
[38:05] | Golly. I’m not sure. | 天 我也不知道 |
[38:09] | Is that why your girl dumped you? | 你女朋友就是因为这个跟你分手的吗 |
[38:12] | I wrote her from a hospital bed in France, | 我躺在法国的病床上给她写信 |
[38:14] | and I told her I got hurt real bad. | 我告诉她我受了很严重的伤 |
[38:18] | She wrote back saying I served my country, | 她回信说 我在为国效力 |
[38:21] | and she was proud of me. | 她为我感到自豪 |
[38:23] | That it didn’t matter to her. | 她不介意 |
[38:27] | But when I got back home and she saw… | 但是当我回家后 她看见了… |
[38:34] | The look on her face was… | 她当时的表情真是… |
[38:37] | She didn’t handle it well? | 她难以接受吗 |
[38:38] | No. | 是的 |
[38:40] | She broke up with me a week later. | 一周后她跟我分手了 |
[38:43] | That’s why you haven’t dated anyone else? | 所以你就再也不跟别人约会了吗 |
[38:46] | You just gave up on love? | 你就这样放弃了爱情吗 |
[38:48] | I couldn’t stand to see that look on another woman’s face. | 我不愿再从其他女人脸上看到那表情 |
[38:53] | Besides, there’s… | 而且 还有… |
[38:54] | there’s worse things than being alone. | 还有比孤独更糟糕的事情 |
[38:59] | I’m right here, | 我就在这里 |
[39:01] | and I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪儿也不去 |
[39:04] | Now, what is going on here? | 这是什么回事 |
[39:07] | Rohbin. | 罗宾 |
[39:09] | You know, I thought I smelled cheap cologne. | 我就说我闻到了廉价古龙香水的味道 |
[39:12] | That’s Detective Rohbin to you now, Loomis. | 现在该叫我罗宾警探了 卢米斯 |
[39:16] | Mike and I, we used to work together | 我还在军队的时候 |
[39:17] | back when I was on the force. | 我和麦克曾经共事过 |
[39:18] | This here is Dee Fillcot. | 这位是小迪·菲尔科特 |
[39:20] | Is this guy bothering you, ma’am? | 这家伙在骚扰你吗 女士 |
[39:21] | Because I can arrest him right now. | 我可以马上逮捕他 |
[39:23] | No. You don’t need to do that. | 不 你不用这么做 |
[39:25] | See… | 明白了吗 |
[39:27] | I’m his girl. | 我是他女朋友 |
[39:29] | Is that so? | 是这样吗 |
[39:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:37] | She’s my girl. | 她是我女朋友 |
[39:42] | It was lovely having you. | 很高兴你们能来 |
[39:43] | I think we should sing at every party, don’t you? | 我觉得我们应该在每场聚会上都唱歌 你觉得呢 |
[39:47] | Oh, my goodness. | 我的天哪 |
[39:50] | Thanks again, Alma. | 再次感谢你 艾尔玛 |
[39:51] | I can’t remember when I’ve had a better time. | 我都不记得什么时候比今天更开心了 |
[39:53] | It was truly my pleasure. | 我十分荣幸 |
[39:54] | I do hope I’ll see you all again soon. | 希望很快能再见到你们 |
[39:56] | I’m absolutely sure you will. | 我十分确信你会的 |
[40:06] | Bye. | 再见 |
[40:16] | Bertie. | 伯特 |
[40:18] | It was a triumph. | 今天很成功 |
[40:19] | The last thing Rita said to me was… | 丽塔对我说的最后一句话是… |
[40:22] | What’re you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[40:24] | The party’s over. | 聚会结束了 |
[40:26] | The sooner we return Mrs. Yost’s things, the better. | 我们应该归还约斯特太太的东西 越快越好 |
[40:29] | I’m not sure I agree. | 我不太同意 |
[40:31] | What? | 什么 |
[40:32] | We can’t keep these things. | 我们不能留着这些东西 |
[40:34] | Well… | 这个… |
[40:35] | It’s not as if Mrs. Yost is going to miss them. | 约斯特太太也没机会怀念这些了 |
[40:38] | And today was such a success. | 而且今天真是大获成功 |
[40:40] | If, by some miracle, I… | 要是老天开眼 我… |
[40:41] | I do get into the club, | 我真进了那个俱乐部 |
[40:42] | I’ll be expected to host the ladies again. | 我还要招待这些女士的 |
[40:45] | How will I explain the disappearance | 到时候这些高级玩意都不见了 |
[40:46] | of all of our nicest things? | 我该作何解释 |
[40:48] | You’ll make something up. | 你能想到借口的 |
[40:50] | Apparently, you’re quite good at that. | 很明显 你很擅长编造借口 |
[40:52] | I don’t like your tone. | 我不喜欢你的语气 |
[40:53] | I don’t like yours. | 我也不喜欢你的语气 |
[40:55] | I want our things back. | 我想摆回我们自己的东西 |
[40:57] | I liked my home the way it was. | 我喜欢家里原来的样子 |
[40:59] | I like you the way you were. | 我喜欢原来的你 |
[41:00] | I love the woman in this photograph. | 我爱照片中的那个女人 |
[41:02] | Well, I don’t! | 我不爱 |
[41:05] | In fact, I hate her. | 事实上 我讨厌她 |
[41:07] | She wanted so much out of life. | 她本对生活有很多追求 |
[41:10] | Others convinced her that she wasn’t worthy. | 其他人却告诉她 她不配拥有 |
[41:12] | So, she told herself to be happy with the scraps | 所以 她劝服自己满足于 |
[41:15] | that were thrown her way. | 这些让她丧失自我的残羹冷炙 |
[41:16] | She gobbled them up with gratitude. | 让她心怀感激地吞下这一切 |
[41:19] | One day, she realized that… | 有一天 她终于意识到 |
[41:22] | …she deserved more. | 自己应得到更多 |
[41:24] | That’s what Dee and I are to you, is it? Scraps? | 在你心里我和小迪就是这样 对吗 残羹冷炙 |
[41:27] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[41:30] | My family is my heart. | 家就是我的全部 |
[41:33] | And I have been happy within these four walls. | 我一直很满意这个家 |
[41:37] | But there’s a big, beautiful world out there | 但外面的世界缤纷多姿 |
[41:39] | I’ve never been a part of. | 我却从未踏足过 |
[41:43] | The women in-in this Garden Club, | 园艺俱乐部的这些女人 |
[41:45] | they can be my tour guides. | 她们可以做我的向导 |
[41:47] | They can introduce me to everything life has to offer. | 她们可以带我见识生活中所有美好 |
[41:54] | Bertie… | 伯特 |
[41:57] | Help me be the woman I want to be. | 帮我成为我心中的那个女人吧 |
[42:01] | Let’s bury the old Alma. | 将曾经的艾尔玛深埋入土 |
[42:09] | Whatever you want, my love. | 都听你的 亲爱的 |
[42:14] | I know some of the girls want to nominate Ada Coy for the new spot, | 我知道有人想提名艾达·科伊填补新成员空缺 |
[42:17] | but I think we have to consider Alma. | 但我认为我们应该考虑一下艾尔玛 |
[42:20] | She’d be an unusual choice. | 虽然她有点不符合我们的标准 |
[42:22] | But I really like her. | 不过我还挺喜欢她的 |
[42:23] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[42:25] | Rita, what do you think? | 丽塔 你觉得呢 |
[42:30] | I think Alma is absolutely | 我觉得艾尔玛 |
[42:32] | Elysian Park Garden Club material. | 非常适合极乐公园园艺俱乐部 |
[42:35] | Lovely. | 太好了 |
[42:36] | I will schedule a vote with the whole club. | 那我去安排所有俱乐部成员投票表决 |
[42:39] | I’ll call Sue, and I’ll make sure that… | 我去打给苏 确保… |
[42:41] | Well, we could have it at my house. | 我们可以在我家投票 |
[42:43] | As Rita watched the Fillcots kiss, | 当丽塔看着菲尔科特夫妇亲吻时 |
[42:45] | she had the strangest sensation. | 她突然有种非常奇怪的感觉 |
[42:48] | She actually envied Alma. | 她反而有点嫉妒艾尔玛了 |
[42:50] | For her happy marriage, | 嫉妒她幸福的婚姻 |
[42:53] | her crooked little home, and her simple little life. | 她那拿不上台面的小家 还有她不起眼的简单生活 |
[42:57] | And for a moment, | 有那么一刻 |
[42:59] | she wondered if maybe Alma had something to teach her | 她在想或许艾尔玛能教会她 |
[43:02] | about attaining true happiness. | 如何获得真正的幸福 |
[43:05] | But that thought vanished with the arrival | 但随着一个陌生又熟悉身影的到来 |
[43:07] | of an oddly familiar face. | 这个想法消失殆尽 |
[43:18] | When Rita realized who this girl was, | 当丽塔认出这个女孩时 |
[43:20] | her envy was washed away, | 她的嫉妒之心被冲刷一尽 |
[43:23] | and replaced with an emotion | 随之而来的是 |
[43:26] | far more insidious. | 一个更为阴险的念头 |