时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | ♪ Faith, faith, faith ♪ | ♪ 信仰 信仰 信仰 ♪ |
[00:08] | ♪ Baby ♪ | ♪ 宝贝 ♪ |
[00:10] | ♪ I know you’re asking me to stay ♪ | ♪ 我知道你在求我留下 ♪ |
[00:12] | ♪ Say please, please, please don’t go away ♪ | ♪ 说拜托 求你不要走 ♪ |
[00:15] | ♪ You say I’m giving you the blues ♪ | ♪ 我走了会让你心碎 ♪ |
[00:17] | ♪ Maybe ♪ | ♪ 或许 ♪ |
[00:20] | ♪ You mean every word you say ♪ | ♪ 你每一句话都是真心的 ♪ |
[00:22] | ♪ Can’t help but think of yesterday ♪ | ♪ 但我忍不住想起往日 ♪ |
[00:25] | ♪ And another who tied me down ♪ | ♪ 另一个想让我当 ♪ |
[00:27] | ♪ To lover boy rules… ♪ | ♪ 小情夫的人 ♪ |
[00:28] | My father took pride in saying | 我父亲总是很自豪地说 |
[00:30] | that he ran our house like a tight ship. | 他把我们家管理得井井有条 |
[00:33] | The ship got a lot looser when | 但这井在我姥姥来看孩子时 |
[00:35] | my meemaw came over to babysit. | 就没那么多条条框框了 |
[00:39] | I bet a nickel. | 我赌5分钱 |
[00:42] | Hang on there a minute, moon pie. | 别着急 小饼饼 |
[00:44] | I want to teach you somethin’. | 我教你一点东西 |
[00:45] | Look at your cards, | 看看你的牌 |
[00:47] | and then look in the mirror. | 再看看镜子 |
[00:49] | Hey, I’m smiling. | 我在笑 |
[00:50] | Uh-huh. | 是啊 |
[00:52] | And what does that tell me about your cards? | 这笑容告诉我你的牌怎么样 |
[00:54] | That I like them? | 我喜欢我的牌吗 |
[00:56] | Attaboy. Now… | 真聪明 现在呢… |
[00:58] | look at my face. | 看着我的脸 |
[01:00] | Tell me what you see. | 告诉我你看到了什么 |
[01:02] | That you’re old. | 看到你老 |
[01:04] | It’s a good thing I love you. | 幸好老娘很爱你 |
[01:06] | I’m gonna look at my cards again. | 我再看一次我的牌 |
[01:10] | You’re unhappy. | 你不高兴 |
[01:11] | Which means…? | 这表示… |
[01:12] | You don’t have good cards. | 你没有好牌 |
[01:17] | So… | 所以呢 |
[01:18] | I’m gonna see your nickel… | 我跟你的5分 |
[01:20] | – and raise you a quarter. – Quarter? | -再加25分 -25分吗 |
[01:23] | You can fold. | 你可以弃牌啊 |
[01:25] | No. I have good cards; you have bad cards. | 不要 我有好牌 你只有烂牌 |
[01:27] | I’m in. | 我跟 |
[01:30] | Nines and fives. | 9 5对子 |
[01:32] | That’s too bad. | 可惜了 |
[01:34] | Three queens. You lose! | 3张Q 你输啦 |
[01:37] | What? | 什么 |
[01:37] | But you weren’t happy. | 你不是不高兴吗 |
[01:39] | – I made you think I was unhappy. – But that’s lying. | -我让你觉得我不高兴而已 -这不是骗人吗 |
[01:42] | You lied to your moon pie. | 你骗了你的小饼饼 |
[01:43] | I bluffed my moon pie. | 我诈了我的小饼饼 |
[01:48] | – Do people know about this? – Sheldon, | -其他人也都会这招吗 -谢尔顿 |
[01:50] | what’s on a person’s face | 知人知面 |
[01:52] | is not always what’s in their heart. | 不知心啊 |
[01:55] | Well, this changes everything. | 那样一切都不一样了 |
[01:57] | How do you know who to trust? | 你怎么知道谁能信任呢 |
[01:58] | You don’t. | 无法知道 |
[02:00] | That’s what makes life interesting. | 所以人生才精彩啊 |
[02:03] | Meemaw liked to teach me things | 姥姥喜欢教我一些 |
[02:05] | that kept me awake at night. | 会让我晚上睡不着的事 |
[02:07] | Mom, we’re home! | 妈 我们回来了 |
[02:08] | In here! | 在里面呢 |
[02:09] | What’s he doing up? | 他不睡觉在干嘛 |
[02:11] | Losin’. | 在输啊 |
[02:13] | Hell is that? | 什么鬼 |
[02:15] | I sent Georgie on a beer run, | 我让小乔治去帮我买啤酒 |
[02:16] | and tipped him with firecrackers. | 用鞭炮当了报酬 |
[02:19] | Oh, Mom. | 妈 |
[02:20] | Was I supposed to stiff him? | 我难道要让他白干活儿吗 |
[02:22] | I ate so much candy! | 我吃了好多糖呀 |
[02:28] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[02:30] | They’re all yours. | 孩子还你 |
[02:37] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:40] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:43] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:46] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:48] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:57] | Sometimes people say to me, “Pastor Jeff, | 有时候人们会问我”杰夫牧师 |
[03:00] | how do you know there’s a God?” | 你怎么知道神是否存在呢” |
[03:01] | And I say, “It’s simple math. | 我说”这是很简单的数学题啊 |
[03:04] | God either exists or he doesn’t.” | 神要么存在 要么不存在” |
[03:07] | So let’s be cynical. | 咱们冷眼来看 |
[03:08] | Worst-case scenario, there’s a 50-50 chance. | 最坏的情况 也是五五开 |
[03:11] | And I like those odds. | 而这几率我很满意 |
[03:13] | That’s wrong. | 这是错的 |
[03:15] | Shelly, put your hand down. | 谢利 把你的手放下 |
[03:17] | Sorry. Please continue. | 抱歉 您请继续 |
[03:19] | It’s okay, Mary. | 没事的 玛丽 |
[03:20] | I-It’s Sheldon, right? | 你叫谢尔顿对吗 |
[03:22] | – Yes, sir. – Well, Sheldon, | -是的 先生 -谢尔顿 |
[03:24] | why don’t you come on up here and tell me how I’m wrong. | 那请你来台前说说我哪里错了吧 |
[03:26] | – No. – Okay. | -别 -好的 |
[03:28] | Let’s give him a hand, everybody. | 大家给他点掌声吧 |
[03:31] | Mm. What’s happening? | 发生什么事了 |
[03:39] | Shelly’s gonna eat him alive. | 谢利会把他给撕成渣渣的 |
[03:42] | So… | 所以… |
[03:42] | you were saying? | 你说吧 |
[03:44] | You’ve confused possibilities with probabilities. | 你把概率跟可能性搞混了 |
[03:47] | According to your analogy, when I go home | 根据你的例子 我等会回家 |
[03:49] | I might find a million dollars on my bed or I might not. | 我可能在床上发现一百万 也可能没有 |
[03:52] | In what universe is that 50-50? | 但这算个哪门子的五五开 |
[03:56] | So what do you think | 那你觉得 |
[03:57] | the odds are that God exists? | 神存在的几率有多少呢 |
[04:00] | I think they’re zero. | 我觉得是0 |
[04:01] | I believe in science. | 我相信科学 |
[04:04] | So you don’t think science and religion can go hand in hand? | 所以你觉得科学跟宗教不能共处共存 |
[04:08] | Science is facts, religion is faith. | 科学讲事实 宗教讲信仰 |
[04:11] | I prefer facts. | 我喜欢事实 |
[04:13] | I understand that. | 我懂 |
[04:14] | Here’s a cool fact for ya. | 那我告诉你几条有趣的事实 |
[04:16] | A lot of famous scientists believed in God. | 很多知名科学家都相信神的存在 |
[04:20] | Isaac Newton. | 艾萨克·牛顿 |
[04:21] | Albert Einstein. | 阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦 |
[04:22] | Even Charles Darwin. | 甚至是查尔斯·达尔文 |
[04:26] | So Darwin’s right about God and wrong about evolution? | 所以达尔文信神是对的 而他的进化论是错的吗 |
[04:29] | Now you’re gettin’ it. | 小子上道了 |
[04:30] | Let’s give it up for Sheldon, everybody. | 大家再给谢尔顿一次掌声 |
[04:32] | What a good sport. Oh. | 很有风度的好小伙 |
[04:37] | But I wasn’t a good sport. | 但我并没有风度 |
[04:39] | At that moment, I vowed to come back | 在那一刻 我发誓 |
[04:41] | the following Sunday and destroy Pastor Jeff. | 我下周日要回来手撕杰夫牧师 |
[04:55] | Uh, hello, Mr. Cooper. | 您好 库珀先生 |
[04:57] | Is Missy home? | 米希在家吗 |
[04:58] | Hello, Billy. No, she’s at church. | 你好啊 比利 她上教堂了 |
[05:02] | I brought her eggs from my chickens. | 我给她带了我家母鸡下的蛋 |
[05:05] | I see that. | 我看到了 |
[05:07] | You can boil them or scramble them. | 你可以做水煮蛋或炒蛋 |
[05:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:13] | I like fried. | 我喜欢煎蛋 |
[05:16] | Okay. | 行 |
[05:19] | I don’t like poached. | 我不喜欢荷包蛋 |
[05:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:26] | Thank you for your time. | 打扰了 |
[05:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:36] | You want me to cook those eggs for you, baby? | 要我帮你煮了蛋吗 宝贝 |
[05:38] | No. They’re a gift. | 不要 这些是礼物 |
[05:41] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:41] | He even wrote me a note. | 他还给我写了纸条 |
[05:43] | “Eggs from your secret admirer. Billy.” | “来自你的神秘仰慕者 比利” |
[05:48] | Mary, can you come in here? | 玛丽 你能进来一下吗 |
[05:49] | I’m cookin’. | 我在做饭 |
[05:51] | I really need you to come in here. | 我真的需要你进来一下 |
[05:53] | What on earth? | 到底要干嘛 |
[05:57] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:59] | Listen to this. | 你听 |
[06:01] | “French philosopher, | “法国哲学家 |
[06:02] | mathematician and physicist, Blaise Pascal, | 数学家与物理学家布莱兹·帕斯卡 |
[06:05] | argued a rational person should believe God exists | 表示理性的人应该相信神的存在 |
[06:09] | because you have everything to gain if you’re right, | 因为如果你对了你就赚到了 |
[06:11] | and nothing to lose if you’re wrong.” | 而如果你错了 你也不亏” |
[06:14] | Sounds right. | 感觉没错啊 |
[06:18] | Meemaw is coming over to watch you– I gotta go. | 姥姥马上就过来照顾你们 我得走了 |
[06:21] | – Where? – Daddy’s not feeling good. | -去哪里 -你们爸爸不舒服 |
[06:24] | We’re gonna go see a doctor. | 我们现在要去医生那边 |
[06:26] | – Is he okay? – He’s gonna be fine. | -他没事吧 -他会没事的 |
[06:27] | You just sit right there. | 你们就乖乖坐着 |
[06:28] | Meemaw’s on her way over to cook you dinner. | 姥姥等会就来给你们做晚饭 |
[06:31] | Can we come with you? | 我们能跟你们一起去吗 |
[06:32] | No. Just stay right there, don’t move. | 不行 乖乖坐着 不许离开 |
[06:34] | George, let’s go. | 乔治 走吧 |
[06:48] | How long are we supposed to sit here? | 我们得坐在这里多久啊 |
[06:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:52] | She said don’t move. | 她说不许离开 |
[06:53] | She was very clear. | 说得很清楚了 |
[06:57] | Hope I don’t have to go to the bathroom. | 希望我不会想上厕所 |
[07:02] | Don’t worry! | 安心吧 |
[07:03] | Meemaw’s here! | 姥姥来了 |
[07:05] | Everything’s under control! | 一切都有姥姥在 |
[07:08] | We haven’t had dinner yet. | 我们还没吃晚饭 |
[07:10] | Really? | 是吗 |
[07:14] | I don’t feel like cookin’. | 可我不想做饭 |
[07:20] | I think my husband’s having a heart attack! | 我丈夫好像心脏病发作 |
[07:23] | I need an RRT and a crash cart. | 需要急救小组与抢救车 |
[07:25] | Over here. | 这边 |
[07:28] | Sir, are you having chest pains right now? | 先生 你现在胸口疼吗 |
[07:31] | Yeah, a little bit. | 是啊 有一点 |
[07:32] | Any numbness or pain in your arms? | 你的手臂有麻木感吗 |
[07:34] | Maybe this one. | 这只手好像有点 |
[07:36] | Shortness of breath? | 喘不过气吗 |
[07:37] | Enough questions. | 太多问题了吧 |
[07:38] | He’s a fat, middle-aged man with chest pains. | 他是个胸口疼的中年胖子 |
[07:40] | Do something! | 做点什么啊 |
[07:41] | Sorry about the fat, honey. | 抱歉说你胖 亲爱的 |
[07:43] | You said you liked me this way. | 你自己说你喜欢我胖嘟嘟 |
[07:47] | Is Daddy gonna be okay? | 爸爸会没事的吧 |
[07:49] | Oh, yeah. Your Pop-Pop used to have | 没事的 你们姥爷以前 |
[07:51] | little chest pains all the time. | 也整天胸口有点疼 |
[07:53] | Didn’t he die of a heart attack? | 他不是死于心脏病了吗 |
[07:55] | Well, for insurance purposes, yes. | 为了保险理赔 是这原因 |
[08:01] | Hey. What’s goin’ on? | 怎么了 |
[08:03] | Dad’s in the hospital. | 爸爸进医院了 |
[08:04] | What? Why’s Dad in the hospital? | 什么 为什么爸爸进医院了 |
[08:06] | – He’s gonna be fine. – He had chest pains. | -他会没事的 -他胸口疼 |
[08:08] | He’s gonna be fine. | 他会没事的 |
[08:10] | What are we doin’? Why aren’t we going to the hospital? | 那我们还在这里干嘛 为什么不去医院 |
[08:12] | Nobody’s goin’ nowhere. | 大家哪里都不许去 |
[08:14] | We’re just gonna stay calm, | 我们只需要保持冷静 |
[08:15] | have a nice dinner, and wait for your mama to call | 好好吃顿晚饭 等你们妈妈打来 |
[08:17] | and tell us what’s what. | 告诉我们情况就行 |
[08:19] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[08:24] | What did you mean by “insurance purposes”? | 你刚才说”为了保险理赔”是什么意思 |
[08:26] | Just eat. | 乖乖吃你的 |
[08:36] | What kind of Texan drinks pink wine? | 哪门子德州人喝桃红葡萄酒啊 |
[08:45] | Hello. | 您好 |
[08:45] | Hi, Mom. Kids okay? | 妈 孩子们还好吗 |
[08:47] | Yeah, they’re fine. How’s George? | 他们挺好 乔治怎么样 |
[08:49] | I don’t know. They’re running tests. | 我也不知道 他们在做一些检测 |
[08:52] | Well, don’t you worry about us. | 不用担心我们 |
[08:56] | Everything’s under control here. | 一切都在我的管辖之中 |
[08:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:00] | I’ll call you when I know more. | 有更多消息我会再打给你 |
[09:02] | How you holdin’ up? | 你还好吗 |
[09:05] | I guess I’m okay. | 还行吧 |
[09:07] | Well, George is gonna pull through this, honey. | 乔治能挺过去的 亲爱的 |
[09:09] | I guarantee it. | 我跟你保证 |
[09:12] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢了 妈 |
[09:13] | Thanks for bein’ there. | 谢谢你挺身而出 |
[09:15] | You bet. | 那当然 |
[09:17] | I’ll call you later. | 我之后再打给你 |
[09:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:19] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[09:22] | What’d she say? | 她怎么说 |
[09:24] | The doctors are doin’ some tests, but, dollars to donuts, | 医生在进行一些检测 但我敢肯定 |
[09:27] | your daddy’s just got a bad case of gas. | 你老爸只是严重胀气而已 |
[09:30] | Y’all two go get ready for bed. | 你们都该上床睡觉了 |
[09:32] | I don’t want to stay around here. | 我不想待在家里 |
[09:34] | I want to go to the hospital and see Dad. | 我想去医院看爸爸 |
[09:36] | Well, I want to go to Las Vegas and see Willie Nelson, | 我还想去拉斯维加斯看威利·纳尔逊呢 |
[09:39] | but that ain’t gonna happen either. | 但那同样不会发生 |
[09:41] | This is stupid. | 这蠢爆了 |
[09:42] | You know what’s stupid? | 你知道什么才叫蠢吗 |
[09:44] | I got to drink pink wine! | 我得喝桃红葡萄酒 |
[09:47] | Meemaw? | 姥姥 |
[09:48] | What? | 干什么 |
[09:49] | Is Dad really okay? | 爸爸真的没事吗 |
[09:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:54] | I hope you’re not bluffing. | 希望你不是在诈我们 |
[10:06] | You asleep? | 你睡着了吗 |
[10:08] | No. | 没有 |
[10:10] | Me neither. | 我也没有 |
[10:12] | Every time the phone rings, I get scared. | 每次电话铃一响 我就好害怕 |
[10:17] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[10:21] | I’m goin’ to see Dad. You guys want to come? | 我要去看爸爸 你们来吗 |
[10:23] | How? Meemaw said we have to stay here. | 怎么去 姥姥说我们得待在家里 |
[10:26] | You want to go or not? | 你到底要不要去 |
[10:36] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[10:38] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[10:41] | Who do I shush? | 那我叫谁嘘 |
[10:42] | – Shh! – Shh! | -嘘 -嘘 |
[11:06] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[11:07] | I’m driving to the hospital. | 我要开车去医院 |
[11:09] | You can come with me or stay here– up to you. | 你们可以跟我一起去或留在这里 随你们 |
[11:11] | I’m comin’. | 我要去 |
[11:14] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[11:15] | You’re 14. | 你才14岁 |
[11:16] | You don’t know how to drive. | 你根本不会开车 |
[11:17] | I drove a tractor at 4-H camp. | 我在4H营开过拖拉机 |
[11:19] | It’s the same thing. | 就是一回事 |
[11:20] | But you sat on the farmer’s lap. | 但你当时是坐在农民腿上开的 |
[11:23] | Then stay here. | 那你就待在这儿 |
[11:24] | Come on, Missy. | 走吧 米希 |
[11:37] | What are you doin’? | 你在干什么 |
[11:39] | Travelin’ music. | 路上听听音乐 |
[11:42] | I’m coming with you. | 我跟你们一起去 |
[11:43] | Why are you wearin’ my helmet? | 你为什么戴着我的头盔 |
[11:45] | I don’t expect this to end well. | 我觉得你开车不会有好结果 |
[11:48] | And the pillows? | 还带枕头了 |
[11:49] | Same answer. | 同样原因 |
[11:52] | Turn it off. I’ve got to concentrate. | 关掉 我要专心开车 |
[11:56] | Okay, | 好了 |
[11:57] | seat belts, everybody. | 所有人系上安全带 |
[11:59] | Please drive slowly. | 拜托你慢慢地开 |
[12:01] | Relax. I know what I’m doin’. | 淡定 我心里有数 |
[12:05] | I’ve often been asked | 常常有人问我 |
[12:07] | why I never learned to drive a car. | 为什么不愿意学开车 |
[12:09] | This night… | 这一晚 |
[12:12] | is your answer. | 就是你的答案 |
[12:14] | Please slow down. | 拜托开慢一点 |
[12:15] | I’m goin’ eight miles an hour. | 我现在时速只有12公里 |
[12:17] | A cow just passed us. | 一头牛刚刚都赶超了我们 |
[12:18] | – Do you know how to get to the hospital? – Yeah. | -你知道去医院的路吗 -知道 |
[12:21] | It’s right across the street from the Dairy Queen. | 就在冰雪皇后对面 |
[12:23] | Which Dairy Queen? | 哪一家冰雪皇后 |
[12:25] | What are you talkin’ about? | 你在说什么 |
[12:26] | There’s two. | 有两家 |
[12:28] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:28] | You’re gonna hit it! | 你要撞到了 |
[12:29] | Which is the one Mom takes us to? | 哪一家是妈妈带我们去吃的 |
[12:31] | You’re gonna hit it! | 你要撞到了 |
[12:35] | Ooh, you’re in trouble now! | 这下你麻烦可大了 |
[13:01] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[13:03] | What took you so long to answer? | 你怎么那么久才接电话 |
[13:05] | Powdering my nose. What’s it to ya? | 我刚才在补妆 你有意见吗 |
[13:07] | Sorry I asked. Just wanted to give you an update. | 抱歉 就是想告诉你最新的情况 |
[13:10] | Y… What’s goin’ on? | 怎么样了 |
[13:13] | They want to run some more tests. | 他们还要做更多检测 |
[13:14] | They’re gonna hold him overnight. | 今晚他得住在医院 |
[13:16] | Oh, Oh, well, that’s, that’s nothin’ to worry about. | 没什么好担心的 |
[13:19] | That’s just precautionary. | 只是预防措施 |
[13:21] | How are the kids? | 孩子们怎么样 |
[13:22] | Oh. They were a little worried, | 他们有点担心 |
[13:25] | but I handled it. | 但我安抚了他们 |
[13:27] | They sleepin’? | 他们睡了吗 |
[13:31] | Yeah, yeah. | 睡了 |
[13:32] | You bet. | 当然睡了 |
[13:34] | Thanks again for helpin’. | 再次谢谢你帮忙 |
[13:36] | Oh, hey, | 听好了 |
[13:37] | these are my grandchildren. | 他们是我的外孙 |
[13:38] | They are my blood. | 是我的血脉 |
[13:41] | Okay. I better go. | 好吧 我要挂了 |
[13:42] | Okay. We’ll talk later. | 行 晚点再聊 |
[13:49] | 外婆亲启 谢尔顿 | |
[13:55] | 外婆 我们去医院看爸爸了 乔治开走了你的车 谨上 谢尔顿 | |
[13:58] | Son of a bitch. | 要了个亲命 |
[14:01] | I hate those kids. | 我恨死这些死孩子 |
[14:07] | Just admit it, we’re lost. | 承认吧 我们迷路了 |
[14:09] | We’re not lost. | 我们才没有迷路 |
[14:11] | Well, I sure don’t see a hospital anywhere. | 反正我没见到哪儿有医院 |
[14:13] | Why don’t we ask somebody for directions? | 我们为什么不找人问问路呢 |
[14:15] | Because we’re children in a car, genius. | 因为我们是一群开车的小孩 你个天才 |
[14:19] | Dang it! | 我靠 |
[14:20] | Are you aiming for them? | 你是故意瞄准了要撞的吗 |
[14:22] | Everybody just shut up. I got this. | 所有人闭嘴 我能行 |
[14:27] | Oh, no. We’re going to jail. | 完了 我们要蹲号子了 |
[14:30] | Georgie’s going to jail. | 小乔治才要去蹲号子 |
[14:32] | I’m saying I was kidnapped. | 我要说我是被绑架的 |
[14:34] | That’s a good plan. | 这主意不错 |
[14:35] | You and I were kidnapped. | 你和我都是被绑架的人质 |
[14:37] | If I’m going to jail, we’re all going to jail. | 如果我要去蹲号子 你们也跑不了 |
[14:40] | Oh, you better pull over. | 你赶紧靠边停车吧 |
[14:47] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[14:48] | – Well, don’t just sit there– follow it. – Why? | -别傻坐着 快跟上那辆车 -为什么 |
[14:51] | It’s an ambulance– it’s going to the hospital. | 那是救护车 要开去医院的啊 |
[14:54] | Hang on. | 坐好了 |
[14:59] | How about I put the radio on real low? | 我小小声地放音乐行不 |
[15:01] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[15:04] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[15:05] | – Mom! – Where are they? | -妈妈 -他们在哪 |
[15:07] | Where’s who? | 你说谁 |
[15:09] | More importantly… | 更重要的是 |
[15:13] | – …how is George? – Mom! | -乔治怎么样了 -妈妈 |
[15:15] | Ah. There they are! | 他们在这儿呢 |
[15:18] | Ha! I lost the little rascals in the… hall. | 我刚在大厅跟几个小淘气走丢了 |
[15:21] | I want to see Dad. | 我想见爸爸 |
[15:23] | – Me, too. – Me, too. | -我也是 -我也是 |
[15:24] | The doctors are with him now. | 他现在和医生在一起 |
[15:25] | I’ll take you in a bit. | 等会我带你们进去 |
[15:27] | Why are they here? | 他们怎么会来这儿 |
[15:28] | I think it’s obvious. | 这不是明摆着的吗 |
[15:30] | They love their daddy. | 他们好爱爸爸 |
[15:31] | No, I get that. Why aren’t they home in bed? | 我知道 但他们怎么没在家睡觉 |
[15:39] | Well, nobody could sleep. | 大家都睡不着 |
[15:42] | I thought it was the right thing. | 我觉得这样做才对 |
[15:46] | Good bluff. | 诈得漂亮 |
[15:47] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[15:49] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[15:50] | You all need anything? You hungry? | 你们需要什么吗 饿不饿 |
[15:52] | – No. – No, thank you. | -不饿 -不用了 谢谢 |
[15:53] | Okay, everybody sit tight. | 大家在这儿坐着 |
[15:55] | I’m gonna go check on your dad. | 我去看看你们爸爸 |
[16:00] | Georgie. | 小乔治 |
[16:02] | Give me my damn keys. | 把我的车钥匙还给我 |
[16:04] | Oh, yeah. Here. | 嗯 给你 |
[16:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:09] | How did I beat you here? | 我怎么比你们还早到医院 |
[16:11] | We kept hitting garbage cans. | 我们一直撞到垃圾桶 |
[16:13] | Oh, God. | 要命了 |
[16:15] | I need to wash my hands. | 我要去洗手 |
[16:16] | – There are germs here that can kill you. – Hold up. | -这里有些细菌能杀死人 -等等 |
[16:20] | Now, y’all like it when your meemaw babysits. | 你们都喜欢外婆来照顾你们 对吧 |
[16:23] | Poker, candy, firecrackers. | 可以玩扑克 吃糖 放鞭炮 |
[16:25] | Yes. | 没错 |
[16:26] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -嗯 -是的 |
[16:27] | Well, if your mother ever finds out | 如果你们母亲发现了 |
[16:29] | what you did tonight, | 你今晚做的事 |
[16:31] | that is never gonna happen again. | 那以后都没有那种好日子了 |
[16:33] | I can’t lie to my mother. | 我不能对我妈妈说谎 |
[16:35] | Sure you can. Believe in yourself! | 你当然可以 相信自己 |
[17:47] | Despite what it looks like, | 虽然看起来是那样 |
[17:48] | I didn’t pray to God that night. | 但我那晚没向上帝祈祷 |
[17:50] | I prayed to Blaise Pascal. | 而是向布莱兹·帕斯卡祈祷 |
[17:53] | My thinking was, | 我的想法是 |
[17:55] | if he was right about the existence of God, | 如果他对关于上帝存在的理论是对的 |
[17:57] | then he could pass along my request | 那他可以帮我转达 |
[17:59] | for my dad to get better. | 让我爸爸好起来的请求 |
[18:01] | If he was wrong… | 如果他错了 |
[18:04] | well… | 这个嘛 |
[18:05] | in this moment, I needed him to be right. | 在这一刻 我需要他是对的 |
[18:14] | What’s taking so long? | 为什么要这么久啊 |
[18:16] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[18:16] | Keep your voice down, car thief. | 小声点 偷车贼 |
[18:19] | I didn’t steal your car, I just borrowed it. | 我才没有偷你的车 只是借用 |
[18:22] | You’re gonna need to make bail someday. | 总有一天你会需要有人去保释你 |
[18:25] | Do not come to me. | 到时千万别来找我 |
[18:28] | Good news! Your daddy’s gonna be fine. | 好消息 你们的爸爸不会有事 |
[18:30] | Should be home in a day or two. | 应该过两天就能回家了 |
[18:33] | And was it a heart attack? | 是心脏病发作吗 |
[18:34] | Minor. No permanent damage. | 轻微的 没有造成永久性损伤 |
[18:36] | Oh! That’s wonderful! | 真是太好了 |
[18:38] | Our prayers have been answered. | 我们的祈祷应验了 |
[18:41] | Come on, everybody, | 孩子们 快来 |
[18:42] | let’s say hello to your old dad. | 我们去和爸爸打招呼 |
[18:46] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[18:48] | For a brief moment, | 有短暂的一瞬间 |
[18:49] | I was filled with the healing power of faith. | 我内心充满了信仰的治愈能量 |
[18:54] | Then the next day, we all got violently ill | 但第二天 我们全家都病倒了 |
[18:56] | from Billy Sparks’ eggs, and I was over it. | 因为吃了比利的鸡蛋 我的信仰也散了 |
[19:02] | I thought I’d talk this morning about how it all began. | 今早我想谈谈一切是如何开始的 |
[19:06] | Now, everybody knows how, on the first day of creation, | 大家都知道创世的第一天 |
[19:09] | God said, “Let there be light.” | 神说 “要有光” |
[19:12] | And there was light. | 便有了光 |
[19:13] | And when God saw that light, he knew it was good. | 当神见到光 就知道是好事 |
[19:18] | Oh, here we go. | 又来了 |
[19:20] | Yes, Sheldon. | 什么事 谢尔顿 |
[19:21] | You said he didn’t create the sun until day four. | 你说祂第四天才造了太阳 |
[19:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:25] | So how could there be light the first three days? | 那前三天哪来的光呢 |
[19:28] | God is light. | 神就是光 |
[19:30] | So God’s a photon? | 那么说神是光子 |
[19:34] | God’s what made photons possible. | 是神让光子有存在的可能 |
[19:36] | And what day did he do that? | 那祂是第几天造出光子的 |
[19:38] | I would think day one. | 我想是第一天 |
[19:39] | If I grab my chest and keel over, maybe we can get out of here. | 如果我抱胸跪倒假装病发 也许能逃离这里 |
[19:42] | That’s a terrible thing to say. | 你这话也太不合适了 |
[19:44] | …because the first day had just begun. | 因为第一天才刚开始 |
[19:46] | So, before the Big Bang? | 那就是在宇宙大爆炸之前吗 |
[19:48] | There was no Big Bang. | 没有宇宙大爆炸 |
[19:49] | There was only the Word. | 只有”道”[一个字] |
[19:51] | Was the word “kaboom”? | 那个字是”砰”吗 |
[19:53] | Okay, do it. | 好了 快装吧 |
[19:55] | We gotta go. | 我们得走了 |
[19:58] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事 |
[19:59] | – Is it over? – Y-Yes. | -结束了吗 -是的 |