时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | For centuries, mankind has been the dominant species. | 几个世纪以来 人类都是优势物种 |
[00:07] | We’ve domesticated animals, locked them up, | 我们驯养动物 圈养 |
[00:11] | killed them for sport. | 甚至屠杀取乐 |
[00:13] | But what if, all across the globe, | 但如果全世界的所有动物一致决定 |
[00:15] | the animals decided: “No more”? | “不再这样下去” 会如何 |
[00:19] | What if they finally decided to fight back? | 如果它们决定要反抗又会如何 |
[00:26] | Rise and shine, Jackson. | 起床吧 杰克逊 |
[00:28] | We have a dozen impatient Swedes | 一群不耐烦的瑞典人 |
[00:30] | waiting for us to show them the rhinos. | 正等着我们带他们看犀牛呢 |
[00:34] | Abraham! | 亚伯拉罕 |
[00:41] | My name’s Jackson. | 我叫杰克逊 |
[00:42] | Chloe. | 我叫克洛伊 |
[00:43] | Was your husband…? | 你丈夫… |
[00:44] | No, my husband is back in Paris. | 我丈夫在巴黎 |
[00:46] | Although he never became my husband. | 虽然他根本没成为我丈夫 |
[00:48] | I learned he was having an affair. | 我得知他出轨了 |
[00:52] | Excuse me, Mitch Morgan? | 打扰 你是米奇·摩根对吗 |
[00:53] | I’m Jamie Campbell. We spoke on the phone. | 我是杰米·坎贝尔 我们通过电话 |
[00:55] | Right. L.A. Telegraph. | 对 《洛杉矶电讯报》的人 |
[00:57] | You’re the animal coroner? | 你是动物验尸官对吗 |
[00:59] | Veterinary pathologist. | 兽医病理学家 |
[01:00] | You want to know what incited the lions to kill the zookeeper. | 你想知道什么导致狮子咬死了管理员吗 |
[01:02] | And the men downtown, yeah. | 还有市区的那些人 |
[01:04] | That makes two of us. | 我们都想知道 |
[01:05] | Apparently, there’s a rash of missing cats in Brentwood. | 就是现在布伦特伍德有很多猫失踪了 |
[01:08] | This is an elementary school. | 这里是一所小学 |
[01:10] | Yeah, but in the summer, it’s a day camp. | 但夏天的时候会做日间夏令营营地 |
[01:12] | And camp starts tomorrow. | 夏令营明天开始 |
[01:14] | My father made all these tapes. | 我父亲录了很多录像带 |
[01:16] | He talks about a defiant pupil– | 说什么挑衅的瞳孔 |
[01:18] | indisputable proof that his theory was correct. | 可以无可争辩地证明他理论的正确性 |
[01:20] | Maybe my father wasn’t entirely crazy. | 可能我父亲并不是真疯了 |
[01:23] | – Jackson Oz, you’re under arrest. – For what? | -杰克逊·奥兹 你被捕了 -为什么 |
[01:25] | Interference with lawful hunting. | 干扰合法捕猎 |
[01:28] | You got to be kidding me! | 开什么国际玩笑 |
[01:54] | We should call Animal Control. | 我们应该打电话告知动物管理局 |
[01:56] | And tell them what? | 你要怎么告诉他们 |
[01:58] | What? This, the-the cats, the kids. | 什么 就 就这些猫 还有孩子们 |
[02:00] | Yeah, okay. | 好啊 |
[02:02] | This is weird, maybe even a little creepy, | 这是很奇怪 还有一点儿恐怖 |
[02:04] | but cats have been known to socialize in groups. | 但众所周知 猫就是群居动物 |
[02:07] | We even have a name for it. | 我们甚至还用一个词来表示 |
[02:08] | It’s called a “Clowder.” | 那就是”群猫” |
[02:09] | A clowder? | 群猫 |
[02:10] | Yeah, a clowder. | 对 群猫 |
[02:11] | Now, cats aren’t all that social, | 现如今猫并非都是群居 |
[02:13] | so you don’t see it too often, but… | 所以这一现象不常见 但是… |
[02:15] | often enough they gave it a name. | 也足够人们为它们设一个专有名词了 |
[02:17] | Mitch, there’s something going on here. | 米奇 这很明显有问题 |
[02:20] | Yes, there’s something going on here, but I can assure you | 是啊 是有问题 但我可以肯定 |
[02:25] | there’s a rational explanation for it, all right? | 这一切一定有个合理的解释 |
[02:26] | Okay, then explain those lions from the zoo. | 好 那解释一下从动物园逃跑的狮子吧 |
[02:29] | Those lions did what lions do. | 那些狮子只是出于本能 |
[02:31] | They acted “Lion-y.” | 狮性大发而已 |
[02:35] | Smug. | 自以为是 |
[02:37] | Smug? | 自以为是 |
[02:38] | You don’t see it too often, | 这一行为不常见 |
[02:39] | but often enough that they gave it a name. | 但也足够人们为它设一个专有名词了 |
[02:43] | All right, let’s call animal rescue, | 好吧 那就打电话给动物救援组织吧 |
[02:47] | but you’re gonna do all the talking. | 但全由你来说 |
[02:50] | You might reach an actual human being by Tuesday. | 周二可能你会见到人来 |
[02:53] | Thank you for calling the Animal Control hotline. | 欢迎拨打动物控制局热线电话 |
[02:55] | To continue in English, press one. | 英语 请按1 |
[02:58] | If this is an emergency, please hang up and dial 911. | 如果情况紧急 请转拨911 |
[03:02] | For wild animals, please press one. | 野生动物事件 请按1 |
[03:04] | For domestic animals, press two. | 家养动物事件 请按2 |
[03:07] | Okay, here’s your explanation. Honeysuckle. | 好了 这就是你要的解释 金银花 |
[03:09] | Hello. Animal Control. This is Becca. | 您好 这里是动物控制局 我是贝卡 |
[03:11] | How can I help you? | 请问有什么能帮助您的 |
[03:12] | Yes, hello. | 你好 |
[03:12] | Uh, I’m calling to report a… um… | 我是来报告一件… |
[03:16] | Hello? | 喂 |
[03:17] | Uh, could you send a unit | 你能派一小队人 |
[03:18] | to Sunshine Elementary School? | 到阳光小学来吗 |
[03:20] | It’s on Boon Avenue in Brentwood. | 在布伦特伍德布恩大道上 |
[03:22] | There’s been a, um… | 这里… |
[03:25] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[03:25] | There’s a lot of cats in the trees. | 树上有好多猫 |
[03:31] | – And I think that someone needs… – I’m sorry. Cats? | -我觉得该有人… -抱歉 猫吗 |
[03:33] | Yes, cats. | 是的 猫 |
[03:35] | All right, we’ll send someone out. | 好的 我们会派人的 |
[03:36] | That would be great. | 那就太好了 |
[03:37] | Thank you so much. | 多谢 |
[03:39] | They’re on their way. | 很快就会有人来了 |
[03:40] | Well, this should be embarrassing. | 这下要尴尬了 |
[03:48] | I’m telling you, it’s the honeysuckle. | 告诉你 就是金银花的问题 |
[03:50] | See, honeysuckle to cats is like… | 金银花对于猫来说 |
[03:54] | you know, it’s like catnip. | 就像猫薄荷一样 |
[04:03] | Do you think…? | 你觉得… |
[04:06] | What? | 什么 |
[04:07] | They heard you calling the authorities? | 因为猫听到你向有关部门汇报了吗 |
[05:32] | Hey, Kavimba. | 卡文巴 |
[05:34] | Listen to me, listen to me, listen. | 听我说 听我说 |
[05:36] | Look, you have to let me out of here. | 你得放我出去 |
[05:39] | Honestly, Jackson, | 说真的 杰克逊 |
[05:41] | I am of the mind to keep you here all week. | 我有意把你关一周呢 |
[05:42] | I understand, but you can’t. | 我明白 但你不能那么做 |
[05:44] | You have to let me out now. | 你必须马上放我走 |
[05:46] | You cannot continue to interfere with the tourists. | 你不能继续干扰游客了 |
[05:48] | We have to get back out there | 我们得赶紧回去 |
[05:50] | and figure out what’s going on with those lions. | 搞清楚那些狮子是出了什么问题 |
[06:01] | Look, you have to shut down the safari camps in the valley. | 你得关闭谷地里的游猎营 |
[06:05] | At least until we can properly assess | 至少等到我们可以好好 |
[06:06] | what the hell is going on out… | 调查事情缘由之后 |
[06:11] | We go through this every time there’s a prolonged dry season. | 每次旱季过长都会出现这种情况 |
[06:15] | The herbivores go searching | 食草动物去觅食 |
[06:16] | to quench their thirst in places they shouldn’t. | 去它们不该去的地方解渴 |
[06:18] | The big cats follow, and sometimes people get hurt. | 狮子跟上 有时就会导致伤人 |
[06:22] | This isn’t normal dry season wandering, and you know that. | 这不是普通的旱季迁移 你很清楚 |
[06:24] | This entire town… this entire region exists | 这整个小镇 这整个地区 |
[06:29] | because people want to see the lions! | 都因为有人想看狮子才存在 |
[06:31] | You exist because the people want to see the lions! | 你的存在也仰仗有人想看狮子 |
[06:35] | My best friend died out there. | 我最好的朋友死在那儿了 |
[06:38] | And I’m very sorry about that. | 我十分遗憾 |
[06:41] | I went to grade school with Abraham. | 我和亚伯拉罕是小学同学 |
[06:43] | He was my friend, too. | 他也是我的朋友 |
[06:49] | Shut down the camps. | 关闭营地 |
[06:52] | Hey, there. | 你好 |
[06:54] | Are you leaving? | 你要走了吗 |
[06:56] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[06:57] | They took my statement about the lions, | 他们给我录了关于狮子的口供 |
[06:59] | and now I’m going back to Paris. | 我要回巴黎了 |
[07:03] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[07:05] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[07:09] | You’re no longer under arrest? | 你已经被释放了吗 |
[07:12] | No, not for the moment. | 是啊 暂时是的 |
[07:15] | Uh, listen, can I, um, get your contact information? | 听我说 能给我留下联系信息吗 |
[07:19] | A phone, e-mail, whatever. | 电话 邮件 什么的 |
[07:22] | It was nice to meet you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[07:23] | Thank you for rescuing me. | 谢谢你救我 |
[07:25] | No, uh, Chloe, uh, I-I think you misunderstand me. | 不是的 克洛伊 你误会了 |
[07:28] | I’m not… | 我不是… |
[07:30] | There has to be a further investigation | 对于发生的事 |
[07:31] | of what happened out there, so I may need to… | 肯定得有进一步调查 我可能得 |
[07:34] | speak with you. | 跟你联系 |
[07:36] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:38] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[07:39] | 0635 0-6-35… | |
[07:43] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[08:07] | What do you think of this, Andraz? | 你觉得这个怎么样 安德拉兹 |
[08:10] | You like him? | 喜欢吗 |
[08:11] | – He’s a soldier. – No. | -他是个士兵 -不喜欢 |
[08:16] | Lord, help us with this adoption. | 老天 帮我们跟领养的孩子相处好吧 |
[08:18] | What did you expect, luv? | 你以为会怎么样 亲爱的 |
[08:20] | He’s four. | 他才4岁 |
[08:21] | I just don’t know how we shall ever hope to succeed at this. | 我真不知道我们怎么可能成功 |
[08:24] | Uh, no, no, no. | 不不 |
[08:26] | No, come, come, come, come. | 不行 过来 过来 |
[08:30] | There, there. It’s all right. | 好了 没事的 |
[08:33] | Would it be possible, sir, | 先生 能不能 |
[08:34] | to remove the dog from the lobby until we leave? | 在我们离开之前先把狗弄到别的地方 |
[08:36] | He good dog. He no bark. | 它是条好狗狗 不会叫的 |
[08:38] | Appreciate that, but still. | 谢谢你 但还是不行 |
[08:50] | The last thing we need is for Andraz to be bitten by a dog | 我们最不希望发生的事就是安德拉兹 |
[08:52] | the first day he’s under our supervision. | 交给我们照顾的第一天就被狗咬了 |
[08:54] | We have two more days before the adoption decree goes through. | 我们在收养令生效之前还有两天 |
[08:57] | How are we going to entertain him for two more days? | 这两天里我们要怎么哄他 |
[08:59] | He doesn’t even speak English. | 他连英语都不会说 |
[09:03] | What do you want to do tomorrow, Andraz? | 明天你想干什么 安德拉兹 |
[09:06] | Hmm, son? | 孩子 |
[09:08] | What? | 什么 |
[09:11] | Excellent choice. | 选得好 |
[09:12] | Tomorrow, we go. | 我们 明天去 |
[09:33] | Is this where you saw him last? | 这里是你最后见到他的地方吗 |
[09:36] | In there. | 在那 |
[09:39] | Go. | 跟上 |
[09:42] | Keep a sharp eye out. | 随时保持警惕 |
[09:43] | Yes, sir. | 没问题 |
[10:10] | The driver’s body’s still in there, but Abe’s gone. | 司机的尸体还在里面 但亚伯不见了 |
[10:12] | So now what? | 那现在怎么办 |
[10:14] | We keep looking. | 我们继续找 |
[10:25] | It’s fresh blood. | 这血迹很新 |
[10:27] | It must be Abe’s. | 肯定是亚伯的 |
[10:29] | Can’t be more than 24 hours old. | 血迹留下时间肯定不会超过24小时 |
[10:35] | There’s a trail of it. | 血迹一路通向这里 |
[10:54] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[10:56] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[11:03] | Oz, wait! | 奥兹 等等 |
[11:04] | Go, go, go, go! | 快走快走 |
[11:06] | In the jeep! In the jeep now! | 上车 快上车 |
[11:07] | Go! Go! | 快 快 |
[11:10] | He’s there, he’s there! | 他在那 他在那 |
[11:29] | 类比法 猫的奇怪举动 | |
[12:01] | Are… | 你… |
[12:03] | are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[12:04] | I’m two days late on the rent. | 我就晚交了两天房租 |
[12:05] | It’s not my call. It’s my mother’s. | 这不由我做主 是我妈妈 |
[12:08] | This is the sixth month in a row you’ve been late. | 你已经连着迟交了六个月房租了 |
[12:11] | No. No, no, no, that’s… | 不 不不不 那… |
[12:13] | that’s impossible. Sixth? | 不可能 六个月了吗 |
[12:15] | Maybe the fifth, | 也许是第五个月 |
[12:16] | but definitely not the sixth. | 但绝对没有六个月 |
[12:18] | Listen, man, I could probably… | 听着 我也许能… |
[12:21] | you know… | 你懂的… |
[12:22] | What? | 什么 |
[12:24] | Talk to my moms? | 和我妈妈说一说 |
[12:26] | If you’d maybe want to grab a drink. | 如果你愿意和我喝一杯 |
[12:30] | Maybe a meal? | 或者吃顿饭 |
[12:31] | You like soft-shell crab? | 你喜欢软壳蟹吗 |
[12:33] | Dude, I’d rather sleep in the street. | 伙计 我宁愿睡在大街上 |
[12:35] | In that case, | 既然如此 |
[12:36] | I’m afraid I can’t help you. | 恐怕我也帮不了你了 |
[12:39] | My mom says you gotta go. | 我妈妈说你得搬走 |
[13:00] | All right, we got you, buddy. We got you. | 好 我们在这呢 伙计 我们来了 |
[13:09] | Grab his legs. I got his arms. | 你抓住他的腿 我抓住胳膊 |
[13:10] | Okay. I got him. | 行 我抓住他了 |
[13:12] | Steady. Okay, steady. Steady. Careful. | 稳住 稳住 小心 |
[13:17] | The ridge… | 山脊… |
[13:18] | It’s all right. Hey, we got you. | 没事 我们来了 |
[13:19] | Take it easy, buddy. We got you. | 小心点 伙计 我们在这呢 |
[13:20] | The ridge… | 山脊… |
[13:22] | He’s saying something about the ridge. | 他在说什么山脊 |
[13:26] | We’ve got a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[13:28] | Lions! | 狮子 |
[13:30] | There are too many. Too many for just one rifle. | 太多了 我们只有一杆枪 |
[13:33] | Unlodge his foot from there. | 把他的脚弄下来 |
[13:34] | There’s no time! | 没时间了 |
[13:36] | Nice and easy, nice and easy. Come on. | 放轻松 放轻松 |
[13:37] | We gotta go, we gotta go. I’m going to shoot. | 我们得走了 我们得走了 我开枪了 |
[13:39] | You shoot, they’ll charge. Do not shoot! | 一旦开枪它们就会冲过来 别开枪 |
[13:40] | Then hurry! | 那就抓紧啊 |
[13:41] | Careful, careful. He’s injured. | 小心点 小心点 他受伤了 |
[13:42] | If I don’t shoot now, we don’t stand a prayer! | 现在不开枪就没机会开枪了 |
[13:44] | You got him? | 接到了吗 |
[13:46] | I got him. | 接住了 |
[13:47] | He’s in. Now let’s go. Now! | 好了 走吧 快走 |
[13:49] | Come on! | 快点 |
[13:50] | Move! Come on! | 开车 快点 |
[13:51] | Let’s go! Let’s go! | 出发 出发 |
[13:52] | All right, let’s go! Hold him still! | 好的 出发 把他扶稳 |
[13:53] | Come on, come on! Drive! | 快点 快点 快开车 |
[13:54] | All right, move! Come on! | 好的 开车 快点 |
[13:54] | Let’s go! Go, go, go! | 快走 快走 |
[14:01] | I don’t understand why they’re not pouncing. | 我不理解 它们为什么没扑过来 |
[14:32] | You do know this is unnatural. | 你知道这不合理吧 |
[14:35] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:36] | Forcing a creature to do something that… | 强迫一种动物做出这种 |
[14:39] | doesn’t come instinctively. | 并非出自本能的行为 |
[14:55] | All right, so we’ve been talking | 好了 我们整个这一小时 |
[14:56] | this whole hour about animal behavior. | 都在谈论动物行为 |
[14:59] | The norms… | 正常行为 |
[15:02] | …and the deviations. | 和偏离行为 |
[15:04] | That’s it for today. | 今天就到此为止 |
[15:05] | Don’t forget, your papers are due on Friday. | 别忘了周五交论文 |
[15:07] | On which is the greater motivator: | 论文题目是哪种动力更重要 |
[15:09] | hormones or pheromones? | 激素还是信息素 |
[15:14] | You know, I still want to cut myself every time | 我一想到要向动物管理局那些人 |
[15:15] | I even think about having to explain | 解释为什么我们因为 |
[15:17] | to those Animal Control officers | 几棵什么都没有的树 |
[15:19] | why we called them in a panic | 给他们打电话 |
[15:20] | about a bunch of empty trees. | 我就恨不得自杀 |
[15:22] | I found something. | 我有发现了 |
[15:24] | There’s a chemical called 2,4-D. | 有一种叫做24-D的化学药品 |
[15:26] | It’s known to affect the neurotransmitters in animals’ brains. | 它能影响动物大脑里的神经递质 |
[15:28] | – Meaning it could cause aberrant behavior. – Exactly. | -也就是说可能会导致反常行为 -没错 |
[15:31] | Now, 2,4-D is currently being used in pesticides | 而雷登国际生产的杀虫剂中 |
[15:34] | made by Reiden Global. | 就含有24-D |
[15:36] | The beef those lions were fed came from cows that fed on grain | 那些狮子吃的牛肉是从吃谷物的牛身上割下来的 |
[15:40] | that was treated with pesticides from Reiden Global. | 而那些谷物就被喷洒过雷登国际产的杀虫剂 |
[15:43] | This is all… very riveting. | 你说的这些 很吸引人 |
[15:46] | Wait. There’s more. | 等等 我还没说完 |
[15:47] | I was so hoping there would be. | 我正等着呢 |
[15:49] | Last month, L.A. County started using a similar pesticide | 上个月 洛杉矶郡开始用类似的杀虫剂 |
[15:52] | to contain a rare mosquito outbreak. | 遏制一种罕见的蚊虫蔓延 |
[15:54] | Want to guess where? | 要猜猜看是哪里吗 |
[15:56] | In honor of conspiracy nuts everywhere, | 为了向无处不在的阴谋论狂人致敬 |
[15:59] | I’m gonna guess Brentwood. | 我猜是布伦特伍德 |
[16:00] | Yes! | 没错 |
[16:01] | Brentwood. | 布伦特伍德 |
[16:03] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[16:05] | Let’s just say, for a second– | 假设 万一 |
[16:06] | for a second– that you’re right | 万一 你说的是对的 |
[16:08] | and this chemical is causing the aberrant behavior. | 这种化学药品造成了动物的反常行为 |
[16:11] | We could find out for sure | 我们仔细检查一下 |
[16:13] | by taking a closer look at the lion’s brains. | 狮子的大脑 肯定就能确定 |
[16:16] | Great. Let’s do it. | 好啊 我们去检查吧 |
[16:17] | Let’s nail these bastards to the wall. | 让我们揭开这些混蛋的真面目 |
[16:19] | You are thoroughly obsessed with Reiden Global,aren’t you? | 你可真是跟雷登国际杠上了 是吧 |
[16:22] | I mean, in ways that go beyond just “I hate corporations.” | 我是说 你这远不是”我讨厌公司”这么简单 |
[16:27] | Yeah, I am. | 是啊 没错 |
[16:29] | May I ask why? | 我能问问原因吗 |
[16:33] | Because of what they did to my hometown. | 因为他们对我家乡所做的一切 |
[16:36] | What’d they do to your hometown? | 他们把你家乡怎么了 |
[16:39] | They murdered it. | 他们害死了它 |
[16:53] | Jackson and the search party are back. | 杰克逊和搜救队回来了 |
[17:01] | How is he? | 他怎么样 |
[17:02] | Abe’s gonna be fine. | 亚伯不会有事 |
[17:04] | No internal injuries. | 没有内伤 |
[17:05] | No bite marks. | 没有咬伤 |
[17:07] | Several lacerations, some cuts and bruises. | 有几处撕裂 伤口和淤青 |
[17:12] | Can I see him? | 我能见见他吗 |
[17:13] | In a couple of hours. | 过几个小时吧 |
[17:14] | I gave him a sedative. | 我给他打了一针镇定 |
[17:16] | How is it possible? | 这怎么可能呢 |
[17:18] | How is what possible? | 什么怎么可能 |
[17:19] | Somehow, those lions dragged him up into a tree. | 那些狮子不知怎么把他拖到了树上 |
[17:22] | Well, that’s hardly inconceivable. | 这也不是什么稀奇事 |
[17:24] | They do it with their young, | 大狮子对小狮子就这么干 |
[17:25] | they drag them by the back of their necks. | 它们喜欢叼着幼崽的后颈部拖拽 |
[17:27] | I mean, sure, | 不过显然… |
[17:28] | Abe is considerably larger than a lion’s cub… | 亚伯的体型比狮子的幼崽要大得多… |
[17:31] | But it’s as though they purposely went out of their way | 可它们仿佛刻意地改变了习性一样 |
[17:34] | not to mortally wound him, not to kill him. | 没给他造成致命伤 也没杀了他 |
[17:36] | Why would they do that? | 它们为什么要这么做 |
[17:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:39] | But I do know that he was incredibly lucky. | 我只知道他真是太走运了 |
[17:43] | So, did you find the others? | 那你找到其他人了吗 |
[17:46] | Yeah. 22 dead by the river delta. | 找到了 22人死在了三角洲附近 |
[17:49] | Oh, no. | 太惨了 |
[17:52] | Well, if the bodies are gonna start arriving, | 既然尸体会陆续被送来这里 |
[17:55] | I have to prepare the loved ones. | 我得为他们准备一下地方了 |
[18:00] | Are you okay, Jackson? | 你没事吧 杰克逊 |
[18:02] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[18:04] | Really, Mom, | 真的 妈妈 |
[18:06] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[19:01] | Jackson! Jackson! | 杰克逊 杰克逊 |
[19:04] | How’s Abraham now? | 亚伯拉罕怎么样了 |
[19:06] | Your cousin’s gonna be fine. | 你堂哥不会有事的 |
[19:09] | My father’s recordings; did you bring them? | 我爸爸的录像 你带来了吗 |
[19:10] | Yes, of course. | 当然带了 |
[19:12] | Good. | 很好 |
[19:13] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[19:15] | I think there’s one about fight or flight. | 我记得有个关于”战或逃”的视频 |
[19:19] | Do you know what I’m talking about? | 你知道我说的是什么吗 |
[19:20] | Yes. | 知道 |
[19:21] | I’ve watched them all. | 这些我全看过了 |
[19:22] | They’re brilliant. | 说得非常好 |
[19:23] | Fight or flight. | 战或逃 |
[19:25] | Do we run | 是逃走 |
[19:27] | or do we strike back? | 还是奋起反击 |
[19:28] | That’s… | 就是这个 |
[19:36] | What do we do in the face of fear? | 面对恐惧我们会作何选择 |
[19:38] | Do we run | 是逃走 |
[19:40] | or do we strike back? | 还是奋起反击 |
[19:41] | This question resides in the most primal aspect of the brain, | 这个问题存在于大脑最原始的构成中 |
[19:44] | both humans and animals alike. | 无论是人的 还是动物的 |
[19:48] | But it won’t be long | 可要不了多久 |
[19:50] | before the animals realize | 动物就会意识到 |
[19:52] | that they no longer need to flee. | 它们不再需要逃跑 |
[19:55] | That they have the capacity | 意识到它们自己有能力 |
[19:57] | and the capability to rule the planet. | 有才能来统治这个星球 |
[20:01] | That they no longer need to fear mankind. | 它们无需再害怕人类 |
[20:06] | See? It’s not scared of me. | 看见了吗 它不害怕我 |
[20:08] | It knows… | 它明白… |
[20:09] | that all they need to do is fight | 它们只需要选择去战斗 |
[20:12] | and they can take down the human race. | 那样它们就能击垮全人类 |
[20:25] | Hey, Rafiki. | 拉菲奇 |
[20:28] | How you feeling? | 感觉如何 |
[20:30] | I suppose I’ll live. | 应该死不了 |
[20:32] | As long as my beloved doctor doesn’t tell me otherwise. | 只要我亲爱的医生没给出不同的结论 |
[20:37] | 120/80. | 血压120/80 |
[20:39] | You’re perfect. | 你很健康 |
[20:41] | You see that? | 听到了吗 |
[20:43] | I am perfect. | 我很健康 |
[20:48] | Kukaa karibu. | 库卡卡里布 |
[20:51] | You saved my life, Rafiki. | 你救了我的命 拉菲奇 |
[20:53] | I only did what you’d do for me. | 换作是你 你也会这么做的 |
[20:57] | I don’t know. | 难说 |
[20:58] | All those lions. | 那么一群狮子 |
[21:00] | I think I would have left you and ran. | 我可能会丢下你自己逃走 |
[21:07] | What happened out there, Abe? | 到底发生什么事了 亚伯 |
[21:10] | How did you end up in that tree? | 你怎么跑到树上去了 |
[21:14] | I went into the safari bus, | 当时我走进游猎车 |
[21:16] | and I saw… | 我看见… |
[21:19] | a man lying in the aisle, dead. | 一个男人躺在走道上 已经死了 |
[21:25] | That’s why I didn’t see the lion come in. | 所以我才没注意到狮子进来了 |
[21:31] | So I made my peace. | 我接受了这一事实 |
[21:34] | It was my time. | 我的大限已到 |
[21:36] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[21:38] | Everyone has their time. | 每个人都有这一天 |
[21:40] | At least I would be with my baby brothers again. | 至少我又能和我弟弟团聚了 |
[21:52] | I must have bumped my head, | 我一定是被撞晕了 |
[21:54] | because the next thing I remember, | 因为后来我就只记得 |
[21:55] | he was dragging me. | 它在拖着我 |
[21:59] | And then I realized his plan for me was worse than death. | 接着我意识到 它没打算让我死个痛快 |
[22:02] | I was to be food for the pride. | 我即将成为整个狮群的食物 |
[22:06] | But they didn’t eat me just then. | 可它们并没有立刻吃了我 |
[22:11] | Instead, they dragged me up into the tree | 而是把我拖到了树上 |
[22:13] | that you found me in. | 就是后来你发现我的地方 |
[22:23] | And they retreated up the ridge… | 然后它们撤退到山脊上 |
[22:29] | and waited and watched. | 等待着 观望着 |
[22:32] | I came in and out of consciousness, | 我时而清醒 时而昏迷 |
[22:36] | and I prayed that I would die | 我默默祈祷能尽快死去 |
[22:39] | before they had decided they had toyed with me enough | 而不是等它们玩够我之后 |
[22:41] | and that it was time to feed. | 决定把我活活咬死饱餐一顿 |
[22:46] | Next thing I knew, you were there helping me down. | 接下来我只知道 你出现了 把我弄下树 |
[22:51] | I don’t think that they were ever going to eat you. | 我觉得它们根本不会吃你 |
[22:58] | I think that they wanted us to find you. | 我觉得它们就是希望我们找到你 |
[23:03] | I think that they wanted someone to spread their message. | 我觉得它们是希望有人能帮它们传达信息 |
[23:07] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[23:08] | Spread what message? | 传达什么信息 |
[23:14] | That they’re no longer afraid of us. | 它们已经不再惧怕我们了 |
[23:45] | That’s it, Andraz, the show is over. | 就这些了 安德拉兹 演出结束了 |
[23:49] | What’s he saying? | 他在说什么啊 |
[23:50] | Don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[23:51] | I’m suddenly wishing some genius had thought to invent | 我突然希望某个天才发明出了 |
[23:53] | an English-to-Slovenian smartphone app. | 英语和斯拉维尼亚语翻译应用 |
[23:57] | – Andraz. – Andraz? Andraz! | -安德拉兹 -安德拉兹 安德拉兹 |
[23:59] | Andraz! | 安德拉兹 |
[24:00] | – Andraz! – Andraz! – Andraz! | -安德拉兹 -安德拉兹 -安德拉兹 |
[24:20] | I’m sorry, but the lions aren’t here– they’ve been destroyed. | 不好意思 不过那些狮子已经被销毁了 |
[24:23] | What, already? | 什么 这么快吗 |
[24:24] | Yeah, both corpses last night. | 是啊 两具尸体昨晚都销毁了 |
[24:26] | On whose orders? | 谁下的命令 |
[24:27] | Uh, the city council. Or maybe the zoo board. | 市议会吧 或者是动物园董事会 |
[24:29] | I’m not sure. | 我不太确定 |
[24:31] | It means nothing. | 没什么特殊意义的 |
[24:32] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[24:35] | Are you still living in Venice, Mitchell? | 你还住在威尼斯吗 米奇 |
[24:39] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[24:40] | It’s convenient to Westwood… classes. | 去威斯特伍德上课比较方便 |
[24:44] | I love it there. | 我喜欢那边 |
[24:45] | Tell me, Mitchell, uh, | 告诉我 米奇 |
[24:47] | could we get the same results from a different lion | 我们能从这动物园中别的狮子身上 |
[24:50] | that was fed here at the zoo? A live one? | 得到同样的结果吗 比如活的狮子 |
[24:51] | There are certain tests I could run that wouldn’t be harmful. | 我可以做些测试 不会造成什么伤害的 |
[24:54] | What is this all about? | 这到底是所为何事啊 |
[24:56] | To be honest, we’re trying to get to the bottom | 老实说 我们是打算彻底搞清楚 |
[24:57] | of what happened with those lions the other day. | 那天两头狮子突然失控是怎么回事 |
[25:00] | Yeah, there’s a full investigation underway, | 好吧 全面调查已经开始展开了 |
[25:01] | but I kind of think it’s a waste of time. | 但我觉得那是在浪费时间 |
[25:04] | Every now and then, lions just act “Lion-y.” | 狮子有时候就是会暴露本性 |
[25:07] | Wow, did you guys go to the same orientation seminar? | 你们当年是同学吗 |
[25:10] | Just don’t want it to happen again. | 只是不希望这种事再次发生 |
[25:11] | Yeah, of course. | 是啊 当然了 |
[25:12] | Mitchell, um… | 米奇 |
[25:13] | do you think maybe it might be possible for Aspen | 你觉得有没有可能让阿丝佩安排下 |
[25:16] | to arrange for us to borrow a lion? | 借给我们一头狮子 |
[25:21] | Wh-What? No. | 什么 不行 |
[25:21] | No, just for a little bit. | 不是 就借用一小会儿 |
[25:22] | No, that’s not… Just to run those tests. | 不是 就做下测试而已 |
[25:23] | I don’t think that’s… | 我觉得这不… |
[25:23] | Yeah, sure. Of course. | 好啊 当然可以 |
[25:26] | Anything to help. | 我乐意帮忙 |
[25:36] | “Kukaa karibu.” | “库卡卡里布” |
[25:39] | I’ve heard you and Abraham say that before. | 我听到你和亚伯拉罕之前说到这句话 |
[25:43] | It’s something his mother taught him. | 那是他妈对他说过的一句话 |
[25:44] | It means stay close and take care of the people you care about. | 意思是不要疏远 照顾好你在乎的人 |
[25:49] | You’re very good at that. | 你在这方面做的很好 |
[25:51] | What if he was right? | 如果他是对的呢 |
[25:52] | Who? | 谁 |
[25:55] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[25:56] | Is that where you got that idea | 你是因此才觉得 |
[25:58] | about the lions no longer being afraid of us? | 狮子已经不再惧怕我们了吗 |
[26:01] | From your father? | 是受你爸的影响吗 |
[26:02] | I was watching the recordings he made, okay? | 我看了些他录制的带子 |
[26:05] | At least the ones I have. | 至少是我手头有的那些 |
[26:06] | Now, the flash drives are numbered “One of 12,” “Two…” | 那个硬盘编号是”12个之第1个 第2…” |
[26:09] | – Jackson. – But I only have five flash drives. | -杰克逊 -但我只有5个硬盘 |
[26:12] | Where are the other seven? | 另外7个在哪儿 |
[26:12] | Jackson. | 杰克逊 |
[26:14] | Your father’s ideas were rejected by every one of his peers. | 你父亲的猜想 他的同僚没有一个认同的 |
[26:18] | Harvard revoked his chair. | 哈佛大学甚至把他辞退了 |
[26:20] | What if they’re wrong? What if they’re all wrong? | 如果他们错了呢 如果他们都错了呢 |
[26:21] | – He was the laughingstock… – What if everyone else is wrong? | -他沦为了笑柄 -如果其他人都错了呢 |
[26:26] | 22 people are dead from those lion attacks. | 有22人死于狮子袭击 |
[26:29] | Twenty-two. | 22人啊 |
[26:30] | What if something in his work could keep other people from dying? | 如果他的成果能避免再有人死亡呢 |
[26:33] | It can’t. | 不能 |
[26:34] | Because there was no basis in fact | 因为其中没有任何 |
[26:37] | for any of it. | 事实依据 |
[26:39] | Your father lost his tether on reality. | 你父亲模糊了现实的边际 |
[26:43] | He was delusional. | 他是在妄想 |
[26:44] | – He was… – Okay, I know. I know, I know. | -他… -好吧 我知道 |
[26:49] | It’s the reason I made you take this job, remember? | 所以我才让你接这份工作 记得吗 |
[26:51] | It’s the reason we’re here, | 所以我们才来到这里 |
[26:52] | to get away from him; I know. | 就是为了摆脱他 我知道 |
[26:56] | Then why are you bringing all of this back? | 那你为什么又提起这一切呢 |
[27:01] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[27:04] | I think it’s already here. | 我觉得事实已经摆在这里了 |
[27:29] | Andraz! Andraz! | 安德拉兹 安德拉兹 |
[27:31] | Andraz! | 安德拉兹 |
[27:33] | You scared us. | 你吓死我们了 |
[27:35] | You scared us, all right? | 你真是吓死我们了 |
[27:37] | You scared us, Andraz. | 你吓死我们了 安德拉兹 |
[27:39] | Polnjene zivali. | 毛绒动物 |
[27:42] | Polnjene zivali. | 毛绒动物 |
[27:43] | Polnjene zivali, yes? | 是毛绒动物吗 |
[27:44] | Yeah. | 对 |
[27:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:48] | Apparently, it means “souvenir.” | 显然 它是”纪念品”的意思 |
[28:23] | Chloe. | 克洛伊 |
[30:13] | What…? | 搞什么… |
[30:15] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[30:23] | Dear Lord. | 我的天啊 |
[30:25] | I need to see my son. | 我要见我儿子 |
[30:27] | Right away. | 马上 |
[30:30] | 14 years out here, I’ve seen five bodies mauled by lions. | 我在这里待了14年才见过五个被狮子咬死的人 |
[30:34] | Today, nearly two dozen. | 而今天就有二十多个人 |
[30:39] | It’s tragic. | 真是悲惨 |
[30:39] | Yes, it is. | 确实很悲惨 |
[30:41] | But that’s not what concerns me. | 但真正让我担心的不是这个 |
[30:45] | Lions kill for two reasons, | 狮子杀人 是出于两种原因 |
[30:47] | but these people, they didn’t pose a threat, | 但这些人 他们既没有构成威胁 |
[30:50] | and they weren’t killed for food. | 也不是被狮子当成美餐 |
[30:53] | Something else. | 另有其因 |
[30:54] | When lions kill, they go for the throat. | 狮子杀人时 它们会直奔喉咙 |
[30:56] | It’s quick, it’s efficient. | 速度快 而且一下毙命 |
[30:58] | But these bodies, | 但这些尸体 |
[31:00] | every one of them has the femoral arteries slashed. | 每具尸体的股动脉都被割破了 |
[31:03] | These people, they died | 这些人 他们死得 |
[31:05] | slow painful deaths. | 缓慢而痛苦 |
[31:09] | But it was several lions. | 但这是几头狮子干的 |
[31:11] | Several. | 几头 |
[31:12] | How would they all…? | 它们怎么都… |
[31:13] | Change the way they kill? They wouldn’t. | 改变了杀人的方式 它们不会的 |
[31:14] | And yet, they did. | 然而 它们确实改变了 |
[31:18] | You’ve always had a lot in common | 你和你父亲一直有很多 |
[31:20] | with your father, Jackson. | 共同之处 杰克逊 |
[31:21] | Even when you were a child, you were… | 即使在你小时候 你也… |
[31:24] | brilliant like him | 像他一样出色 |
[31:25] | and curious and determined. | 像他一样充满好奇心 意志坚定 |
[31:30] | We’re all a product of nature and nurture, | 我们都是遗传与环境作用下的产物 |
[31:35] | our genes and our experiences and | 我们的基因 经历 还有 |
[31:39] | I’ve already lost | 我已经失去了 |
[31:41] | one of the men I love to this. | 一个我深爱的男人 |
[31:44] | I know it’s irrational… | 我知道这么做不够理性 |
[31:48] | but now I’m afraid I may lose the other. | 但现在我担心会失去另一个 |
[31:52] | Tokyo? | 东京 |
[31:54] | What’s in Tokyo? | 东京那里有什么 |
[31:56] | The flash drives that you have, | 你的那些光盘 |
[31:58] | they were sent to us by Harvard. | 是哈佛大学给我们的 |
[31:59] | They were among the things that your father left behind | 那是校方要求你父亲退休时 |
[32:02] | when they asked him to resign. | 他留下的物件之一 |
[32:03] | But after he died, | 但在他去世之后 |
[32:06] | I got this address from the executor of his will. | 我从遗嘱执行人那里获得了这个地址 |
[32:09] | At some point, | 在某个时刻 |
[32:10] | your father found his way to Japan. | 你父亲把研究之路导向了日本 |
[32:12] | Whatever is left of his research, | 不论他的研究结果是什么 |
[32:16] | this is where you’ll find it. | 去这里你就会发现的 |
[32:17] | If something’s really going on with the lions, | 如果狮子真的出问题了 |
[32:19] | I’m not just leaving you here. | 我不会把你丢在这的 |
[32:21] | Once it’s safe, | 只有这里安全了 |
[32:22] | then I’ll go. | 我才会离开 |
[32:24] | I don’t think there’s time for that. | 我觉得已经没时间了 |
[32:27] | Look, I’m not saying | 听着 我并不是说 |
[32:30] | that I think your father was right. | 我认为你父亲是对的 |
[32:31] | In fact, I pray to God he wasn’t. | 实际上我真宁愿他是错的 |
[32:33] | But if he is… | 但假如事与愿违 |
[32:38] | …this isn’t gonna stop with just the lions. | 事态不会仅仅到此而已 |
[32:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:56] | One final paper. | 最后一份文件 |
[33:12] | Good. | 行了 |
[33:14] | Cestitke. | 祝贺您 |
[33:15] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[33:17] | Congratulations! | 恭喜 |
[33:21] | I’m a mum. | 我当妈妈了 |
[33:23] | You’re a mum. | 你当妈妈了 |
[33:27] | I’m a mum. | 我当妈妈了 |
[33:31] | Polnjene zivali. | 毛绒动物 |
[33:34] | Come here, pup. | 狗狗 过来 |
[33:37] | Don’t fear, | 别害怕 |
[33:38] | I’ll get it. | 我会拿回来的 |
[33:39] | It’s okay. Come here. | 没事的 来 |
[33:42] | Come here. | 过来 |
[33:45] | Daddy will find it. | 爸爸会找回来的 |
[33:47] | – Okay? – Okay. | -好吗 -好 |
[33:54] | Max! | 马克斯 |
[33:56] | Come here, boy! | 过来 小子 |
[33:59] | Max! | 马克斯 |
[34:13] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[34:19] | Max! | 马克斯 |
[34:23] | Come on. | 别跑了 |
[34:27] | Would’ve been better to shave him, | 最好是先给它剃毛 |
[34:29] | but I didn’t think to bring a razor. | 但我没带剃刀过来 |
[34:32] | All right. | 好了 |
[34:33] | Make yourself useful. | 帮忙搭把手 |
[34:34] | Attach these to the electrodes. | 把这些接到电极上 |
[34:36] | Red to red, yellow to yellow, | 红色接红色 黄色接黄色 |
[34:38] | and so on. | 以此类推 |
[34:47] | Do they teach you this in vet school? | 你在兽医学校里学的这些东西吗 |
[34:49] | Nope. Med school. | 不 医学院 |
[34:51] | You went to med school, too? | 你也上过医学院 |
[34:53] | I did. | 是的 |
[34:55] | But I gave it up once I realized that… | 但我后来退学了 因为我意识到 |
[34:57] | that meant doing what doctors do | 干的活跟医生一样 |
[34:59] | primarily dealing with people. | 主要就是跟人打交道 |
[35:05] | It works. | 起作用了 |
[35:06] | That was funny, by the way. | 顺便说句 医学院还挺有意思的 |
[35:11] | What’s it saying? | 这是什么意思 |
[35:14] | It’s, uh… | 这是 |
[35:17] | spiking in the hyper-gamma frequencies. | 超伽玛频率出现尖峰波形 |
[35:18] | What does that mean? | 那意味着什么 |
[35:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:23] | Because lion’s brains don’t have hyper-gamma frequencies. | 因为狮子的大脑不会有超伽玛频率 |
[35:34] | Mitch… | 米奇 |
[35:36] | He’s awake. | 它醒了 |
[35:47] | Hello. | 喂 |
[35:48] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[35:49] | I think I underdosed the lion cub. | 我想我给狮子幼崽的剂量小了 |
[35:51] | I gave him 3.9 milligrams of Zolazepam | 我给它打了3.9毫克的唑拉西泮 |
[35:53] | 20 minutes ago. | 20分钟之前的事 |
[35:55] | Should’ve kept him asleep for hours, | 应该能让它昏睡几个小时的 |
[35:57] | but he’s-he’s waking up already. | 但现在它已经醒了 |
[35:59] | Would you hold-hold him still? | 让它不要动好吗 |
[36:00] | I’m trying. | 我在努力 |
[36:01] | I just want to make sure | 我想问问你 |
[36:02] | it’s okay to give him another dose. | 再给它打一针是不是没问题 |
[36:03] | Yeah, that’s fine. Uh, but I’ve gotta go. | 没事的 我得先挂了 |
[36:06] | We’ve got a bit of a crisis here. | 这边出了点状况 |
[36:07] | For some reason, all the big cats are going crazy. | 不知道为什么 狮子都疯了一样 |
[36:10] | Crazy how? | 怎么疯了 |
[36:11] | I don’t know. | 不清楚 |
[36:12] | About 20 minutes ago, they started howling | 大约二十分钟前它们开始嚎 |
[36:14] | and they haven’t settled down since. | 一直嚎到现在都没停下 |
[36:19] | That started at 10:00? | 十点开始的吗 |
[36:20] | Yeah. Why? | 是 怎么了 |
[36:21] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[36:23] | Coincidence. | 巧合而已 |
[36:37] | Uh, Mitchell, I have to go. | 米奇 我得挂了 |
[36:40] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[36:41] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[36:44] | But I think– | 但我觉得 |
[36:45] | and I can’t believe I’m about to say this– | 我都不敢相信自己说的 |
[36:46] | I think these lions are… | 我觉得这些狮子 |
[36:49] | communicating with each other. | 在彼此沟通交流 |
[36:52] | Long-distance. | 远距离沟通 |
[37:12] | All right. | 好 |
[37:14] | Stay. | 不要动 |
[37:17] | Stay. | 不要动 |
[37:19] | Stay. | 不要动 |
[37:23] | That’s a good boy. | 这才乖嘛 |
[38:25] | Rafiki. | 拉菲奇 |
[38:27] | Should you be out here? | 你可以下床活动了吗 |
[38:29] | No. | 不 |
[38:29] | Not at all. | 还不行 |
[38:31] | But I spoke to your mother | 但我跟你母亲谈过 |
[38:33] | and she told me about Japan. | 她告诉我日本的事了 |
[38:34] | Abe… no. | 亚伯 不行 |
[38:35] | Kukaa karibu, Rafiki. | 库卡卡里布 拉菲奇 |
[38:38] | If you go, | 如果你去 |
[38:40] | I go with you. | 我跟你去 |
[38:40] | I don’t think so. I appreciate… | 不行 我谢谢… |
[38:42] | You have known me for a dozen years now. | 我们都认识这么多年了 |
[38:44] | Do you know me to be a man that is easily dissuaded? | 你觉得我是个容易被劝住的人吗 |
[38:49] | Besides… | 再说了 |
[38:52] | I think Japanese women are very sexy. | 我觉得日本女人很性感 |
[38:56] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[38:56] | I’m sure they’re gonna find you sexy, too. | 他们肯定也会觉得你性感的 |
[38:59] | In a beaten-up kind of way. | 不修边幅式性感 |
[39:01] | Yes. | 没错 |
[39:02] | I am a very rugged man. | 我是个不修边幅的人 |
[39:28] | Dada? | 爸爸 |
[39:30] | That’s right. | 说得对 |
[39:32] | Dada. | 爸爸 |
[39:34] | Mama. | 妈妈 |
[39:35] | Mama. Dada, Mama. | 妈妈 爸爸 妈妈 |
[39:37] | Yes. | 对 |
[40:22] | Chloe Tousignant? | 克洛伊·图赛尼尔吗 |
[40:24] | Oui. | 是 |
[40:47] | That’s not important. | 这不重要 |
[40:48] | What is important is Africa, | 重要的是在非洲 |
[40:50] | and what happened to you there. | 你到底遇到了什么事 |
[40:52] | The second matter involves dogs in Slovenia. | 第二件事是斯洛文尼亚的狗 |
[40:55] | I have reason to believe the two events are connected | 我有理由认为这两件事之间有联系 |
[40:57] | and that you may be uniquely suited to help us. | 而你刚好非常适合帮助我们 |
[41:01] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[41:02] | Who are “Us”? | “我们”又是谁 |
[41:04] | If you will come with me, | 如果你跟我走 |
[41:04] | I’ll tell you everything. | 我就告诉你一切 |
[41:06] | But we should go straightaway. | 但我们该马上走 |
[41:09] | I’m afraid– | 恐怕 |
[41:10] | and this is not an overstatement– | 我不是夸张 |
[41:13] | that the fate of the world | 整个世界的命运 |
[41:14] | may hinge on it. | 都取决于此了 |