英文名称:It Happened One Night
年代:1934
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:02] | Hunger strike? How long has this been going on? | 绝食吗 多久了 |
[01:04] | She hasn’t had a thing yesterday or today. | 不是昨天就是今天 |
[01:06] | -Sending meals up to her regularly? -Yes, sir. | -你们有定期送东西过去给她吃吗 -是的 先生 |
[01:08] | Why don’t you jam it down her throat? | 那为什么不硬塞给她吃 |
[01:11] | lt’s not that simple, Mr. Andrews. | 没那么简单 安德鲁先生 |
[01:13] | l’ll talk to her myself. Have some food brought up to her. | 我自己去找她谈 送些吃的过去给她 |
[01:17] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[01:20] | l won’t eat a thing until you let me off this boat. | 除非让我下船否则我什么都不吃 |
[01:22] | Come now, Ellie. You know l’ll have my way. | 你最后还是要听我的 爱莉 |
[01:25] | Not this time, you won’t! l’m already married to him. | 这次不会了 我已经嫁给他了 |
[01:28] | You’ll never live under the same roof with him. l’ll see to it. | 但是你绝对不能和他住在同一个屋檐 我能预见 |
[01:31] | Can’t you get it through your head, King Westley and l are married! | 你还不懂吗 金·卫斯利和我已经成婚了 |
[01:35] | Definitely, legally, actually married! lt’s over, it’s finished. | 确实的 合法的结婚了 一切都结束了 |
[01:39] | There’s not a thing you can do about it. l’m over 21 and so is he. | 你无计可施 我和他都超过21岁了 |
[01:41] | Would you be interested that while you’ve been onboard… | 你想不想知道为什么你上船后 |
[01:43] | …l’ve arranged to have your marriage annulled. | 我就一直想要撤消你的婚姻 |
[01:45] | Annulled. l’ll have something to say about that and so will King. | 撤消 我和金都不会同意的 |
[01:50] | l expect him to. | 我随时欢迎你们发表高见 |
[01:54] | The vittles. Come in. Come in. | 食物来了 请进 |
[01:55] | l told you not to bring any food in here. | 我不是说过不用送吃的来吗 |
[01:59] | Now wait a minute. This isn’t for you. | 稍等 这不是给你吃的 |
[02:00] | Put it down here. | 放在这里就好 |
[02:11] | Smart, aren’t you? So subtle. | 你真的太聪明了 |
[02:13] | Strategy, my dear. | 这只不过是我的策略 |
[02:14] | Was it strategy sending those gorillas to drag me away… | 你派那些大猩猩来抓我 |
[02:17] | and I can just sit in peace. | 也是策略哟 |
[02:19] | Your idea of strategy is to use a lead pipe. | 你策略用完了就该用暴力了 |
[02:21] | l’ve won many arguments that way. | 这件事我们已经讨论过了 |
[02:23] | Besides not liking him, you haven’t got a thing against King. | 除了不喜欢他 你根本没有金的把柄 |
[02:27] | -He’s a fake. -He’s one of the best flyers in the country. | -他是个骗子 -他是国内顶尖的飞行员之一 |
[02:30] | He’s no good. You married him because l said not to. | 你知道他一无事处 你嫁给他只是为了跟我唱反调 |
[02:33] | You’re always telling me what not to do. | 从我小时候你就不停的指挥我做事 |
[02:33] | Because you’ve always been a stubborn idiot. | 那是因为你从小就是个固执的笨蛋 |
[02:37] | l come from a long line of stubborn idiots. | 我这是家学深渊 |
[02:39] | Don’t shout so. You may work up an appetite. | 别叫 你搞不好会胃口大开 |
[02:42] | l’ll shout if l want to! l’ll scream if l want to! | 我爱大叫就大叫 |
[02:45] | All right, scream. | 那就叫吧 |
[02:46] | Let me off this boat or l’ll break every piece of furniture in here! | 如果你不让我下船的话 我就把这儿拆了 |
[02:51] | Have a nice piece of juicy steak. You don’t have to eat it. | 来一块牛排吧 你不用吃 |
[02:55] | Just smell it. lt’s a poem. | 闻闻就好 这简直像一首诗 |
[03:05] | Ellie | 爱莉 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1417个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:242个,六级词汇:100个,GRE词汇:133个,托福词汇:166个,考研词汇:262个,专四词汇:192个,专八词汇:32个, 所有生词标注共:486个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:06] | Ellie | 爱莉 |
[03:09] | Ellie! Ellie! | 爱莉 爱莉 |
[03:14] | Lower the boats! Lower the boats! Catch her! Catch her! | 放下救生艇 快去抓她 |
[03:18] | Come on, men! Come on! | 快去抓她 快去 |
[03:24] | She got away, sir. | 她逃了 |
[03:25] | Of course, she’s too smart for you. | 她对你们而言太聪明了 |
[03:28] | Send a wireless to the Lovington Detective Agency. | 帮我发封电报给李文顿侦探社 |
[03:30] | “Daughter escaped again. | “我女儿又逃了” |
[03:31] | “Watch roads, airports and train stations in Miami.” | “看好迈阿密所有的道路 机场和火车站” |
[03:34] | All aboard! Palm Beach, Savannah, Jacksonville… | 上车啦 棕榈滩 萨凡纳 杰克逊维尔 |
[03:40] | …New York, Philadelphia. | 纽约 费城 |
[03:43] | We’re wasting our time. lmagine Ellie Andrews riding on a bus. | 我们是在浪费时间 爱莉·安德鲁才不会坐巴士呢 |
[03:46] | l told the old man it was bunk. | 我已告诉过那老头子这件事了 |
[03:48] | Ticket for New York, please. | 请给我一张往纽约的车票 |
[03:54] | -Here’s your ticket. -Thank you very much. | -你的票在这儿 -谢谢 |
[03:58] | Oh! Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[04:05] | Hey! What’s going on here? l’d like to use that phone. | 这里是怎么回事 我想用电话 |
[04:07] | Go away. This is history in the making. | 走开 这里正在创造历史 |
[04:10] | -What? -There’s a man biting a dog in there. | -什么 -里面有个人正在咬狗 |
[04:16] | l can’t stand this any longer. | 我再也受不了了 |
[04:18] | ln a pig’s eye, you will. | 才怪 你给我听好 |
[04:22] | Hey! Listen monkey face, when you fired me, | 如果你们开除我的话 |
[04:24] | you fired the best news hound… | 就是开除报社 |
[04:26] | your filthy scandal sheet ever had. | 最好的记者 |
[04:28] | Say listen! You wouldn’t know a newspaper story if it kicked you in the pants. | 你根本写不出新闻来 |
[04:32] | Yeah, yeah she’ll get all your copy. | 我拿到你所有的稿子了 |
[04:33] | Why didn’t you tell me you were gonna write it in Greek? | 你为什么不告诉我 你会用希腊文写 |
[04:36] | l’d start a new department. | 这样我就可以成立一个新的部门 |
[04:37] | That was free verse, you gas house palooka. | 那个是诗文体 你这个笨蛋 |
[04:40] | What was free about it? lt cost this paper a gob of dough. | 诗文个鬼 你浪费了报社好多钱 |
[04:43] | And it’s not going to cost us any more! | 但以后你没有机会了 |
[04:45] | Gordon. | 高登 |
[04:46] | Did you know he reversed the charge on that call? | 你知不知道这通电话是我们付费 |
[04:48] | What? Why you…. | 什么 你这个 |
[04:50] | Say listen, you, when you get back to New York, | 你回到纽约后 |
[04:53] | you keep far away from this office. | 离我远一点 |
[04:55] | You’re fired. You don’t work here anymore and you never will. | 你被开除了 你不适合这里 永远都不会适合 |
[05:01] | What’d he say? | 他说什么 |
[05:04] | Oh, so you’re changing your tune? | 你现在改变语气了 |
[05:10] | You’re late with your apologies. | 现在道歉太迟了 |
[05:11] | l wouldn’t go back to work for you | 就算你跪著求我 |
[05:13] | if you begged me on your hands and knees! | 我也不会回去为你工作的 |
[05:15] | l hope this’ll be a lesson to you. | 这让你学个教训 |
[05:19] | Did we tell that baby? | 告诉他了吧 |
[05:21] | -We don’t need anymore of his lip. -You told him, Pete. | -算是了吧 -都又告诉他吗 彼特 |
[05:24] | l guess he knows now, how l feel about his job. | 现在他知道我对他那份工作的感想了 |
[05:27] | l bet he does, too. | 我猜也是 |
[05:28] | ls my chariot ready? | 我的座车准备好了吗 |
[05:31] | Your chariot awaiteth withouteth, mighty King. | 国王陛下你的座车已经在等了 |
[05:36] | -Lead on, sire. -Make way for the king. | -让路 -国王要经过了 |
[05:39] | Make way for the king. | 国王要经过了 |
[05:40] | Long live the king. | 国王万岁 |
[06:06] | Make yourself comfortable with a pleasant pillow. | 请问有没有人要枕头 |
[06:09] | Pillow, sir? | 要枕头吗 先生 |
[06:18] | Hey! Driver! lf you’ll be good enough to move those newspapers, | 司机先生 麻烦你把报纸拿走 |
[06:21] | l’ll have a seat. | 这样我就有位子坐了 |
[06:31] | Hey, wait a minute! | 等等 |
[06:37] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你在干什么 |
[06:39] | The papers. The papers. What’s the idea of throwing them out? | 为什么要把报纸丢出去 |
[06:42] | The papers? lt’s a long story, my friend. | 报纸吗 说来话长 |
[06:45] | l never did like the idea of sitting on newspapers. | 我一向讨厌坐在报纸上 |
[06:48] | l did it once, and all the headlines came off on my white pants. | 我坐过一次 结果所有的头条都印在我的裤子上 |
[06:51] | lt actually happened. Nobody bought a paper that day. | 结果那天根本没有人买报纸 |
[06:55] | They followed me all over town and read the news off the seat of my pants. | 他们跟著我就可以看到我屁股上的头条了 |
[06:59] | A fresh guy. What you need is a good sock on the nose. | 想自作聪明 小心我打断你的鼻子 |
[07:06] | Listen partner, you may not like my nose, but l do. | 司机先生也许你不喜欢我的鼻子 但我很喜欢 |
[07:10] | l always wear it out in the open so… | 我永远把它戴在脸上 |
[07:12] | …if anybody wants to take a sock at it, they can do it. | 这样有人想打断它的话就可以动手 |
[07:16] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[07:19] | Now, that’s a brilliant answer. Why didn’t l think of it? | 这个答案真妙 为什么我没有想到 |
[07:22] | Our conversation could have been over long ago. | 否则我们早就没什么好谈的了 |
[07:24] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[07:26] | lf you keep that up, we won’t get anywhere. | 你再继续这样说我们哪儿也到不了 |
[07:30] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[07:32] | You got me. Yeah! | 我被你问倒了 是的 |
[07:43] | Excuse me, lady. But that upon which you sit is mine. | 对不起 小姐 那个位子是我的 |
[07:48] | l beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[07:50] | Now listen, l put up a stiff fight for that seat. | 我好辛苦才抢到这个位子 |
[07:53] | So, if it’s just the same to you, scram. | 所以你还是滚吧 |
[07:57] | Driver, are these seats reserved? | 司机先生 这些位子被保留了吗 |
[08:00] | -No. First come, first serve. -Thank you. | -没有 先到先赢 -谢谢 |
[08:03] | Hey, driver, these seats accommodate two people, don’t they? | 司机先生 这边可以坐两个人对吧 |
[08:07] | Maybe they do, maybe they don’t. | 也许可以 也许不行 |
[08:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:13] | Move over. | 过去点 |
[08:16] | This is a “maybe they do.” | 看来还是可以坐两个人 |
[08:25] | lf you’d ask me real nice, l might put that bag up there for you. | 如果你好好问我的话 我可以帮你把行李放上去 |
[08:47] | Next time you drop in, bring your folks. | 下次来别忘了带家人来 |
[09:11] | Get some! Come on, everybody! | 来买一点吧 朋友们 |
[09:13] | Hot dogs, folks! | 新鲜的热狗啊 朋友们 |
[09:18] | Rest station, 15 minutes. We’ll only be here 15 minutes. | 休息站 15分钟 我们在这里停15分钟 |
[09:22] | Red hot coffee! | 热咖啡 |
[09:24] | Right around there. | 在角落 |
[09:25] | Get the red hot coffee! Hot dogs! | 热咖啡 热狗 |
[09:28] | Can’t enjoy the ride unless you eat! | 空肚子怎么享受旅程 |
[10:14] | He got away. | 他溜了 |
[10:15] | l found myself in the middle of brush and no sign of the skunk. | 我追了半天根本找不到他 |
[10:18] | l don’t know what you’re raving about, young man. | 我不知道你追他干嘛 |
[10:20] | -Furthermore, l’m not interested. -Well of all the…. | -而且我也没兴趣知道 -那么 |
[10:25] | Maybe you’ll be interested to know your bag is gone. | 也许你有兴趣知道你的行李不见了 |
[10:28] | Oh! My heavens! lt’s gone! | 我的天啊 真的不见了 |
[10:30] | l knew you’d catch on eventually. | 我就知道你不会有兴趣的 |
[10:33] | -What am l going to do now? -Don’t tell me your ticket was in it. | -我该怎么办 -你该不会把车票放在里面吧 |
[10:37] | No, got that all right. But not my money. | 车票在我身上 但是钱在那里 |
[10:40] | All l have here is $4. | 现在我身上只有4块钱 |
[10:42] | You can wire home for money in Jacksonville. | 你可以打电报回去叫家里寄钱来 |
[10:44] | No, l can’t. | 我不行 |
[10:46] | -Yes, l guess l will. -l’ll tell the driver about your bag. | -好 我会的 -我告诉司机你的行李掉了 |
[10:48] | No! Thank you, l’d rather you didn’t. | 不用了 谢谢 还是别讲吧 |
[10:51] | Don’t be a fool. You’ve lost your bag. The company will make you good. | 别傻了 你的行李被别人偷了 公司要赔偿你 |
[10:54] | -What’s your name? -l don’t want it reported! | -你这是什么意思 -我不希望你告诉别人 |
[10:57] | That’s ridiculous. The company will take care of it. | 这太荒妙谬了 公司会处理这件事情的 |
[10:59] | Can you understand English? Would you please keep out of my affairs? | 你听不懂英文嘛 拜托你别管我的事 |
[11:04] | l want to be left alone. | 我希望你别来烦我 |
[11:10] | Well, you ungrateful brat. | 你这个不知感恩的小鬼头 |
[11:12] | Board! | 上车 |
[11:14] | All aboard! | 全部上车 |
[11:18] | Board! | 上车 |
[12:58] | Jacksonville, 30 minutes for breakfast. | 我们在杰克逊维尔(佛州海港城)停30分钟吃早饭 |
[13:00] | Only 30 minutes for breakfast. | 我们在杰克逊维尔停30分钟吃早饭 |
[13:04] | Just 30 minutes. That’s all. No more. | 我们只停留30分钟 |
[13:34] | l’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:37] | Silly, isn’t it? | 很傻喔 |
[13:40] | Why, everybody’s gone! | 怎么大家都下车了 |
[13:45] | Thank you for that, very much. | 谢谢你 |
[13:49] | -We’re in Jacksonville, aren’t we? -Yes. | -到杰克逊维尔了是吧 -是的 |
[13:55] | That was foolish of me. | 我真笨 |
[13:58] | Why didn’t you shove me away? | 你为什么不把我推开 |
[14:01] | l hated to wake you up. You look kind of pretty asleep. | 我不想吵醒你 你睡觉的样子很可爱 |
[14:06] | How about some breakfast? | 一块儿吃早餐吧 |
[14:08] | No, no, thank you. No, l’m going to the Windsor Hotel. | 不 不 谢了 我要去温莎饭店 |
[14:13] | Windsor? You’ll never make it in time. We leave in a half an hour. | 温莎 你哪有时间 我们半小时后就要离开了 |
[14:17] | Oh, no, they’ll wait for me. | 他们会等我的 |
[14:22] | Driver, l’m going to be a few minutes late. Be sure to wait for me. | 司机先生 我会迟几分钟 请等我 |
[14:26] | Oh, yeah? | 是嘛 |
[14:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:51] | Where’s the bus to New York? | 到纽约的巴士呢 |
[14:53] | lt left about 20 minutes ago. | 20分钟前就开走了 |
[14:55] | But that’s ridiculous. l was on that bus. l told them to wait. | 这太荒谬了 我也坐那班巴士 我有叫他们等我 |
[14:59] | l’m sorry, miss, but it’s gone. | 抱歉 小姐 但是车已经走开了 |
[15:02] | Good morning. Remember me? l’m the fellow you slept on last night. | 早安 记得我吗 你昨晚睡在我身上 |
[15:08] | Seems to me, l’ve already thanked you for that. | 我已经谢过你了 |
[15:11] | What time’s the next bus? | 下一班什么时候开 |
[15:13] | 8:00 tonight. | 八点钟 |
[15:14] | 8:00? That’s 12 hours. | 八点钟 还有12个小时呢 |
[15:17] | Sorry, miss. | 抱歉了 小姐 |
[15:20] | What’s the matter? Wouldn’t the old meanies wait for you? | 怎么了 坏司机没等你吗 |
[15:23] | Why are you so excited? You missed it, too. | 你高兴什么 你也没赶上 |
[15:25] | Yeah, l missed it too. | 没错 |
[15:28] | Don’t tell me you did it on my account. | 别告诉我你是为了我才错过的 |
[15:32] | l hope you haven’t any idea that what happened last night is…. | 我希望昨晚的事不会让你有任何误解 |
[15:36] | Now look here, young man, you needn’t concern yourself about me. | 年轻人 你不需要担心我 |
[15:39] | l can take care of myself. | 我会照顾自己的 |
[15:41] | You’re doing a pretty sloppy job of it. Here’s your ticket. | 看来你照顾的不太好 你的车票在这里 |
[15:45] | My ticket? | 我的车票 |
[15:46] | l found it on the seat. | 我在位子上找到的 |
[15:52] | Thank you. lt must have fallen out of my purse. | 谢谢你 车票一定是从皮包里掉出来的 |
[15:58] | You’ll never get away with it, Miss Andrews. | 安德鲁小姐 你逃不掉的 |
[16:02] | -What are you talking about? -I said you won’t get away with it. | -你在说什么 -我说你绝对逃不掉 |
[16:05] | Your father will stop you before you get halfway to New York. | 你父亲在你还没到纽约之前就会找到你 |
[16:09] | You must have me confused with someone else. | 你认错人了 |
[16:12] | Quit kidding. lt’s all over the front page. | 你想骗谁啊 都登在报纸上了 |
[16:20] | l’ve always been curious to know… | 我一直想知道 |
[16:22] | …what kind of a girl would marry a front-page aviator like King Westley. | 什么样的女孩才会嫁给金·卫思利这样的飞行员 |
[16:26] | Take my advice. Grab the next bus back to Miami. | 听我的劝 搭下一班车回迈阿密吧 |
[16:29] | That guy’s a phoney. | 那家伙是个骗子 |
[16:32] | l didn’t ask for your advice. | 我不需要你的忠告 |
[16:35] | That’s right. You didn’t. | 好吧 你不需要 |
[16:37] | Wait, you’re not going to notify my father, are you? | 等等 你不会告诉我爸爸吧 |
[16:40] | What for? | 为什么 |
[16:43] | You probably could get some money out of him. | 可能会有赏金 |
[16:45] | l never thought of that. | 我还没想到这点 |
[16:47] | Listen, if you promise not to do it, | 如果你保证不说 |
[16:49] | l’ll pay you, I’ll pay you as much as he will. | 我也可以付你钱 |
[16:50] | You won’t gain a thing by giving me up. | 只要你别出卖我 |
[16:52] | as long as l’m willing to make it worth your while. | 我不会让你吃亏的 |
[16:54] | l’ve got to get to New York without being stopped. | 我一定要到纽约去 |
[16:57] | lt’s terribly important to me. | 这对我来说真的很重要 |
[16:59] | l’d pay you now, only… | 我原本可以现在就付钱给你 |
[17:01] | …the only thing all l had when l jumped off the yacht was a watch. | 但我身上唯一值钱的表也被我当了 |
[17:04] | l had to pawn it to get these clothes. | 好来买我身上这一套衣服 |
[17:05] | Look, l’ll give you my address. And you can contact me in New York. | 我把我的地址给你 你一到纽约就跟我联络 |
[17:08] | Never mind. | 不必了 |
[17:11] | You know l had you pegged right from the jump. | 我从一开始就盯上你了 |
[17:14] | Just the spoiled brat of a rich father. | 你是个娇生惯养的富家女 |
[17:16] | The only way you get anything is to buy it, isn’t it? | 你认为所有的东西都可以用钱买 |
[17:18] | You’re in a jam and all you can think of is your money. | 当你遇到困境 你心里只想到自己的钱 |
[17:21] | lt never fails, does it? | 从来都是这样 不是吗 |
[17:23] | Ever hear of the word “humility”? | 你有没有听过”谦虚”这个词 |
[17:25] | No, you wouldn’t. | 我想你一定没有 |
[17:27] | I guess lt never occurred to you to say… | 你有没有想过只要求我行了 |
[17:29] | …”Please, Mister, l’m in trouble. Will you help me?” | 先生 我有麻烦了 你能帮助我吗 |
[17:31] | No, that’d bring you down off your high horse. | 但这会降低你的地位是吧 |
[17:34] | Let me tell you something to ease your mind. | 我告诉你 |
[17:36] | You don’t have to worry about me. | 你根本不需要担心我 |
[17:38] | l’m not interested in your money or your problem. | 我对你的钱 还有你的问题根本没兴趣 |
[17:41] | You, King Westley, your father. You’re all a lot of hooey to me. | 你 金·卫思利和你爸爸在我眼里根本不算什么 |
[17:51] | You send telegrams here? | 可以帮我发封电报吗 |
[17:54] | l’m just fine, thanks. And how are you? | 我很好 那你呢 |
[18:00] | “To Joe Gordon, in care of New York Mail, New York. | “至纽约的邮报 乔·高登” |
[18:03] | “Am l laughing. The biggest scoop of the year just dropped in my lap. | “我真高兴 我挖到了本年度最大的新闻” |
[18:08] | “l know where Ellen Andrews is.” No, do you really? | “我知道爱莉·安德鲁在哪儿” 真的吗 |
[18:12] | Go on. Go on. Send the telegram. | 快发电报 |
[18:14] | “How would you like to have the story? You big tub of, of….” | “你想不想要这则新闻啊 你这个大” |
[18:19] | Mush. Mush. | 人渣 人渣 |
[18:20] | “Tub of mush. Well, try and get it. | “人渣 有种来抢啊” |
[18:23] | “What l said about never writing another line for you still goes. | “我说过不帮你写新闻 我没有改变心意” |
[18:26] | “Are you burning? Peter Warne.” | “难过了吧 彼特·华恩” |
[18:29] | That’ll be $2.60. | 2块6毛钱 |
[18:31] | -Send it collect. -Collect? | -对方付费 -对方付费 |
[18:32] | Collect. | 对方付费 |
[18:37] | Bus leaving for Savannah, Charleston, | 车子要开了 开往萨凡纳 查尔斯顿 |
[18:40] | Columbia, Greensboro, Richmond… | 哥伦比亚 格林斯博罗 里士满 |
[18:43] | …Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York…. | 华盛顿 巴尔的摩 费城 纽约 |
[19:14] | Hi, sister. All alone? My name’s Shapeley. | 小姐 一个人吗 我叫谢普利 |
[19:17] | May as well get acquainted, it’s a long trip. | 我想先跟你打个招呼 我们要坐很久的车 |
[19:19] | Gets tiresome. Especially for somebody like you. | 有时候会很烦 能够跟你一起坐真好 |
[19:22] | You look like you’ve got class. | 你看起来很高兴 |
[19:23] | Yes, with a capital “K”. l’m the guy that knows class when he sees it. | 我一眼就看得出来你是个高尚的女子 |
[19:28] | Believe you me. Ask any of the boys. They’ll tell you. | 这一点都不假 你随便问问什么人 |
[19:32] | Shapeley sure knows how to pick them. | 他们都会说谢普利对女人最有一套 |
[19:34] | Yes,sir. Shapeley’s the name and that’s the way l like them. | 在下谢普利 |
[19:37] | You made no mistake sitting next to me. | 跟我坐准没错 |
[19:39] | Just between most girls you meet on the bus… | 你们这种女人 |
[19:41] | …ain’t nothing to write home to the wife about. | 最难抗拒我们这种男人的魅力 |
[19:43] | You gotta be awful careful who you hit it up with. | 我总说你一定要小心免得遇人不淑 |
[19:45] | as well as you can’t be too particular, neither. | 但也不能太挑 |
[19:49] | What’s the matter, you ain’t saying much? | 怎么了 你都不说话 |
[19:51] | Seems to me you’re doing excellently without any assistance. | 你一个人说的也挺不错 |
[19:56] | That’s pretty good. | 说得好 |
[19:57] | “Seems to me you’re doing excellently without any assistance.” | 你一个人说得也挺不错 |
[20:01] | Well shut my big, nasty mouth. | 你是叫我闭嘴吧 |
[20:05] | Looks like you’re one up on me. | 看来现在是1比0 |
[20:06] | You know there’s nothing l like better than to meet a high-class mama… | 我最喜欢碰到和我势均力敌的高尚妞 |
[20:10] | …that can snap back at you. The colder they are, the hotter they get. | 越冷漠的女人其实越激情 |
[20:14] | That’s what l always say. | 的确 冷漠的女人最热情了 |
[20:15] | Yes, sir. | 欧耶 |
[20:17] | When a cold mama gets hot, boy how she sizzles. | 越冷漠的女人变得激情让人更加兴奋 |
[20:24] | Now you’re just my type. | 你最合我的口味 |
[20:26] | Believe me, sister, l could go for you in a big way. | 相信我 我一定会迷倒你的 |
[20:29] | “Fun-on-the-side Shapeley,” they call me. With accent on the “fun”. | 他们都叫我”逗趣谢普利” |
[20:34] | Believe you me. | 相信我吧 |
[20:35] | Believe you me, you bore me to distraction. | 相信我吧 你真是无聊死了 |
[20:41] | Looks like you’re two up on me now. | 看来现在是2比0 |
[20:43] | Hey, you. | 你 |
[20:46] | -There’s a seat over there for you. -What’s the idea? | -那边有个空位 -干嘛 |
[20:49] | l’d like to sit next to my wife, if you don’t mind. | 你不介意的话 我想和内人一起坐 |
[20:53] | -Your wife? -Yes. | -你太太 -是的 |
[20:55] | Come on.Come on. | 快点 快点 |
[20:57] | Oh! Yeah. Sure, sure, excuse me. You know, l was just…. | 对不起 对不起 我只是 |
[21:01] | Sure. Excuse me, miss. l was just trying to make things pleasant. | 对不起 我只是想打破僵局 |
[21:05] | Excuse me, l…. | 对不起 我 |
[21:06] | l didn’t mean anything, Doc. | 我无意冒犯 伙计 |
[21:10] | -No offence, Doc. -No. | -无意冒犯 伙计 -不 |
[21:18] | lf you promise not to snap my head off, l’d like to thank you. | 如果你保证不耀武扬威 我想谢谢你 |
[21:22] | Forget it. l didn’t do it for you. His voice gets on my nerves. | 免了 我这不是为你 他的声音烦死人了 |
[21:32] | What’d you do all day? | 你整天都做了些什么 |
[21:36] | Ran in and out of doorways. Trying to keep out of the rain. | 跑进跑出 想办法躲雨 |
[21:42] | Your clothes are all wet. | 你全身湿透了 |
[21:47] | Here. | 拿去 |
[21:49] | You’re as helpless as a baby. | 你简直像个小孩一样 |
[21:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:53] | Here you are, folks. Cigars, cigarettes, | 朋友们 卖雪茄 烟 |
[21:55] | chewing gum, candy, magazines. | 口香糖 糖果 杂志 |
[21:58] | Here, boy. | 小弟 |
[22:01] | -Yes, ma’am. -A box of chocolates, please. | -是的 小姐 -请给我一盒巧克力 |
[22:03] | -Never mind. She doesn’t want it. -But the lady said…. | -她不想买 -但小姐刚说 |
[22:06] | -Of course, l do. What do you mean? -Beat it. | -我当然要 你什么意思 -快走吧 |
[22:09] | Well, you’ve got your nerve. Here, boy! | 你真大胆 小弟 |
[22:13] | $1 .60. | 1块6毛钱 |
[22:16] | You had $4 last night. | 你昨晚还有4块钱 |
[22:18] | How will you get to New York at this rate? | 你这样下去怎么到得了纽约 |
[22:21] | That’s none of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[22:24] | You’re on a budget from now on. | 从现在开始你要省著点用 |
[22:27] | -Just a minute. You can’t– -Shut up. | -等等 你不能 -闭嘴 |
[22:51] | -What’s the matter, officer? -Bridge washed out. | -怎么回事 -桥被冲断了 |
[22:55] | Looks like we can’t get through till morning. | 看来明天早上才能通行 |
[22:57] | lf any passengers want a place to sleep… | 如果各位乘客想找地方落脚 |
[23:00] | …you’ll find an auto camp up yonder a piece. | 前面有汽车旅店 |
[23:02] | -Where? -Right over there. See those lights? | -在哪里 -就在那里 看到那些灯了嘛 |
[23:05] | -Oh, yeah. -Dyke’s Auto camp. | -是的 -戴克汽车营地 |
[23:07] | All right, thanks. Hey, brat. | 谢了 嘿 小妞 |
[23:10] | Are you talking to me? | 你在跟我说话吗 |
[23:11] | Yeah. Come on, we’re stopping here for the night. | 是的 来吧 我们今晚在这里过夜 |
[23:30] | Hey! Come on, come on, we’re all set. | 来吧 来吧 一切都就绪了 |
[23:44] | Good evening. Hope you and your husband rest comfortable. | 晚安 祝你和你丈夫一夜好梦 |
[23:56] | Come on! Come on! What are you going to do, stay out there all night? | 快进来 你要在外面待上一整晚吗 |
[24:21] | You’re clever, these means. | 你真聪明 这些手法 |
[24:23] | Yeah, it’s a gift. | 这是天生的 |
[24:27] | l just had the unpleasant sensation | 刚刚有人认为 |
[24:29] | of hearing you referred to as my husband. | 我们两个是夫妻 |
[24:32] | Oh, yeah. l forgot to tell you about that. l registered as Mr. and Mrs. | 我忘了告诉你 我是以夫妻名义登记的 |
[24:37] | Oh! You did? | 是吗 |
[24:40] | What am l expected to do? Leap for joy? | 我该怎么办 喜极而泣吗 |
[24:43] | l kind of half expected you to thank me. | 我希望你会谢我 |
[24:46] | Your ego is absolutely colossal. | 你真是太自大了 |
[24:49] | Yeah, it’s not bad. How’s yours? | 没错 那你呢 |
[24:59] | You know, compared to you, my friend Shapeley’s an amateur. | 和你比起来 谢普利简直太外行了 |
[25:05] | Just whatever gave you any idea l’d stand for this? | 你怎么会以为我会接受 |
[25:08] | Now wait a minute. Let’s get this straightened out right now. | 等一下 我们把事情搞清楚 |
[25:12] | lf you’re nursing any silly notion that l’m interested in you, forget it. | 别以为我对你有兴趣 |
[25:15] | You’re just a headline to me. | 你对我而言只是大新闻罢了 |
[25:18] | A headline? | 大新闻 |
[25:21] | You’re not a newspaper man, are you? | 你该不会是记者吧 |
[25:24] | Chalk up one for your side. | 你得一分 |
[25:27] | Now listen. You want to get to King Westley, don’t you? | 听著 你要去找金·卫思利 不是吗 |
[25:30] | All right, l’m here to help you. What l want is your story. | 我会帮你 但是我要得独家采访机会 |
[25:35] | Exclusive. A day-to-day account. All about your mad fight to happiness. | 我要忠实记录你为爱逃亡的实况 |
[25:39] | l need that story. Between you and me, l’ve got to have it. | 老实说 我非常需要这个新闻 |
[25:47] | lsn’t that just too cute. | 真是太好了 |
[25:51] | There’s a brain behind that face of yours, isn’t there? | 没想到你还蛮有头脑的 |
[25:55] | You’ve got everything nicely figured out for yourself. lncluding this. | 你全部都盘算好了 包括这个 |
[25:59] | This? Well, that’s a matter of simple mathematics. | 这个 这个不过是简单的数学运算 |
[26:03] | These cabins cost $2 a night. l’m very sorry to inform you, wifey dear… | 这个房间一个晚上2块钱 我很遗憾通知你 |
[26:07] | …but the family purse won’t stand for our having separate establishment. | 我们家的钱不够负担两个房间 |
[26:17] | Thank you. Thank you very much, sir. You’ve been very kind. | 感激不尽 你真是太好了 |
[26:22] | lt’s all right with me. Go on out in the storm. | 你想出去随便你 |
[26:24] | But l’m going to follow you. | 但是我会跟著你的 |
[26:28] | And if you get tough, | 你觉得你自己很了不起吗 |
[26:30] | l’ll just have to turn you over to your old man. Right now. | 那我只好告诉你老爸了 怎么样 |
[26:32] | Savvy? That’s my whole plot in a nutshell. | 懂了吗 这就是我的计划 |
[26:37] | A simple story for simple people. | 为一般大众写的简单故事而已 |
[26:40] | You behave yourself, l’ll see you get to King Westley. | 你老实点 我就帮你找金·卫思利 |
[26:43] | lf not, l’ll just have to spill the beans to Papa. | 如果你不乖 我就会跟你老爸告密 |
[26:47] | Now, which of these beds do you prefer? | 你想睡哪张床 |
[26:51] | This one? All right. | 这张吗 好的 |
[27:17] | That, l suppose, makes everything quite all right. | 这样我觉得就没什么问题了 |
[27:21] | This? | 这个吗 |
[27:25] | Well, l like privacy when l retire. Yes, l’m very delicate in that respect. | 我睡觉时喜欢隐私一些 我很敏感 |
[27:29] | Prying eyes annoy me. | 有人偷看我就睡不著 |
[27:35] | Behold the walls of Jericho. | 就像耶得哥城墙一样 |
[27:37] | Maybe not as thick as the ones that Joshua blew down with his trumpet. | 也许不像约书亚推倒的那道那么厚 |
[27:41] | But a lot safer. | 但是安全多了 |
[27:43] | You see, l have no trumpet. | 我没有号角 |
[27:46] | Now to show you my heart’s in the right place… | 为了表示我的诚意 |
[27:48] | …l’ll give you my best pair of pyjamas. | 我让你穿我最好的睡衣 |
[27:53] | Do you mind joining the lsraelites? | 你要不要加入我们以色列人呢 |
[27:56] | You don’t want to join the lsraelites? | 不要吗 |
[28:00] | All right. Perhaps you’re interested in how a man undresses. | 那好 也许你喜欢看男人脱衣服 |
[28:04] | There’s a funny thing about that. Quite a study in psychology. | 我研究过男人脱衣服的方式 |
[28:07] | No two men do it alike. | 各个不同 |
[28:10] | l once knew a man who kept his hat on until he was completely undressed. | 我认识一个人 他在脱光衣服前都会戴著帽子 |
[28:13] | Now he made a picture. | 他独树一帜 |
[28:15] | Years later, his secret came out. He wore a toupee. | 几年后我们终于发现他的秘密 他戴假发 |
[28:21] | l have a method all my own. | 我自己有脱衣服的方式 |
[28:24] | lf you’ll notice, the coat came first. Then the tie. Then the shirt. | 先脱外套 然后解领带 最后才脱衬衫 |
[28:28] | Now, according to Hoyle, after that the pants should be next. | 接下来就该脱裤子了 |
[28:32] | There’s where l’m different. | 但我不 |
[28:34] | l go for the shoes next. | 我先脱鞋 |
[28:37] | First the right. Then the left. | 先脱右脚再脱左脚 |
[28:41] | After that, it’s every man for himself. | 接下来大家就都差不多了 |
[29:08] | Still with me, brat? | 还没睡吗 小姐 |
[29:13] | Don’t be a sucker. | 别傻了 |
[29:17] | A good night’s rest will do you a lot of good. | 好好休息一晚对你有好处 |
[29:19] | Besides, you got nothing to worry about. | 而且你不用担心 |
[29:21] | The walls of Jericho will protect you from the big bad wolf. | 有了耶利哥之墙 大野狼就不会来了 |
[29:39] | “Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf?. The big bad wolf | 谁怕大野狼 大野狼 |
[29:44] | “The big bad wolf | 大野狼 |
[29:45] | “She’s afraid of the big bad wolf Tra, la, la, la, la” | 她怕大野狼 |
[29:53] | Would you mind please, putting out the light? | 麻烦你关灯好吗 |
[29:56] | No, not at all. | 没问题 |
[30:38] | l wish you’d take those things off the walls of Jericho. | 别把你的衣服挂在耶利哥之墙上 |
[30:41] | Oh! Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[31:09] | By the way, what’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[31:12] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[31:14] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[31:17] | Who, me? | 我吗 |
[31:19] | l’m the whippoorwill that cries in the night. | 我是黑夜的夜鹰 |
[31:22] | l’m the soft morning breeze that caresses your lovely face. | 我是轻抚你可爱脸庞的清晨微风 |
[31:27] | You’ve got a name, haven’t you? | 你总有名字吧 |
[31:29] | Yeah, l got a name. Peter Warne. | 当然 彼特·华恩 |
[31:33] | Peter Warne. | 彼特·华恩 |
[31:36] | l don’t like it. | 我不喜欢你的名字 |
[31:38] | Don’t let it bother you. You’re giving it back to me in the morning. | 别担心 你明天一早就可以还我 |
[31:44] | Pleased to meet you, Mr. Warne. | 幸会了 华恩先生 |
[31:46] | The pleasure is all mine, Mrs. Warne. | 彼此 华恩太太 |
[32:10] | -Another message, sir. -What is it? What is it? What is it? | -又来了一对电报 -是什么 是什么 是什么 |
[32:13] | lt’s from Charleston. “Checking every northbound train. | 是查尔斯顿寄来的 “检查每列北上列车” |
[32:15] | “Also assigned 20 operators to watch main highways. | “并且指派了20人去查看主要道路” |
[32:18] | “No sign of her yet. Will continue to do all possible. | “尚未找到令爱 仍在继续努力中” |
[32:21] | “Signed, Lovington Detective Agency.” | “李文顿侦探社敬上” |
[32:23] | lt’s just the same as all the others. | 跟其他的一样 |
[32:26] | -Yes, sir? -l said l was in a hurry to get to New York. | -先生 -我不是说过要快点到纽约的吗 |
[32:30] | -What are we crawling for? -l got it wide open, sir. | -为什么拖拖拉拉的 -有暖流 先生 |
[32:31] | -All right, step on it. -Yes, sir. | -快一点 -好的 先生 |
[32:34] | l hope she’s all right, sir. | 希望她没事 先生 |
[32:36] | All right? Of course, she’s all right. What could happen to her? | 她当然不会有事 她会出什么事 |
[32:40] | -Nothing, sir. -Then shut up about it. | -不会 先生 -那就给我闭嘴 |
[33:08] | Hello? | 在吗 |
[33:11] | Hey, mister. | 先生 |
[33:17] | Hello. | 你好 |
[33:18] | What’s the matter, you not up yet? | 你还没有起来吗 |
[33:21] | -What time is it? -8:00. Here. | -几点了 -八点 拿去 |
[33:26] | Oh! lt’s a toothbrush, thanks. | 是牙刷 谢谢你 |
[33:28] | My dress, you had it pressed. | 你叫人把我的衣服熨过了 |
[33:31] | Come on. Come on. Breakfast will be ready soon. | 快点 快点 要吃早饭了 |
[33:33] | You sweet thing. Where’d you get it pressed? | 你真好 我的衣服是谁熨的 |
[33:36] | Say listen, l’ll count to 10. lf you’re not out of bed by then… | 我数到10你再不起来 |
[33:38] | …I’m coming over here and l’ll drag you out myself. | 我就过来拖你下床 |
[33:41] | -One, two, three, four, five…. -l really think you would! | -1 2 3 4 -我真怕你会这样做 |
[33:43] | l’m out! l’m out! | 我起来了 我起来了 |
[33:45] | l’m out! l’m out! I’m out! | 我起来了 我起来了 我起来了 |
[33:48] | You’ll find the showers just behind the second cottage. | 浴室就在第二小屋后面 |
[33:52] | Outside? | 外面 |
[33:54] | Surely outside. All the best homes have them outside. | 当然了 所有好的房子浴室都在外面 |
[34:00] | l can’t go out like this. | 我不能这样出去 |
[34:02] | -Like what? -Like this. l have no robe. | -怎样 -像这样 我没有浴袍 |
[34:05] | Here, use mine. | 穿我的吧 |
[34:08] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:09] | Come on. Come on. Make it snappy. | 来吧 干脆点 |
[34:11] | Wait, it’s not my fault. You got the sleeve. | 你的袖子套不进去又不是我的错 |
[34:13] | -Here. Here are my puppets. -Thanks. | -穿我的鞋吧 -谢谢 |
[34:18] | Where’d you say the showers were? | 你刚说浴室在哪儿 |
[34:21] | Here’s a towel. | 毛巾在这里 |
[34:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:27] | You’re kind of little, aren’t you? | 你个子真小 |
[34:29] | Where’s the shower? | 浴室在哪儿 |
[34:31] | Your hair’s cute like that. You should never comb it. | 你的头发这样很好看 你应该永远不要梳 |
[34:33] | l’ll find it myself. | 我自己去找 |
[35:08] | Are the showers in there? | 浴室在那里面吗 |
[35:10] | They ain’t out here. | 反正不在外面 |
[35:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:17] | Can’t a body have a little privacy around here? | 洗澡都没有隐私的吗 |
[35:25] | You want a shower around here, you’ll stand in line. | 想洗澡就得排队 |
[35:39] | Hi, sister. You remember me, Shapeley? | 妹子 还记得我吗 我是谢普利 |
[35:42] | Say, l’m sorry about last night. | 昨晚的事很抱歉 |
[35:44] | Didn’t know you was married to that guy. You should’ve told me right off. | 我不晓得你是他太太 你应该早点告诉我的 |
[35:57] | High time you got back. | 你也该回来了 |
[35:59] | Oh, l met some very interesting women at the showers. | 我在浴室碰到一些很有趣的女人 |
[36:02] | We got chatting about this and that. You know how time flies. | 我们聊著聊著就忘记了时间 |
[36:08] | Come on. Come on. Sit down. | 快点坐下 |
[36:12] | My, my. Scrambled eggs. | 炒鸡蛋 |
[36:15] | Egg. One egg. One donut, black coffee. | 是一个炒蛋 一个甜甜圈还有黑咖啡 |
[36:19] | That’s your ration till lunch. | 午餐前就只有这些 |
[36:21] | Any complaints? | 有怨言吗 |
[36:22] | No. No complaints. | 没有 |
[36:24] | l’d have cream for your coffee, but l’d be buying a whole pint. | 我买不起奶油 因为一买就要买一大壶 |
[36:27] | Well, you don’t have to apologise to me. | 你不用道歉 |
[36:28] | You don’t know how much l appreciate all this. | 我很感激你所有做的一切 |
[36:31] | What makes you so disgustingly cheerful this morning? | 你今天早上倒是高兴得令人恶心 |
[36:34] | Must be the spring. | 一定是因为春天的关系 |
[36:36] | l thought maybe “believe you me” told you some more snappy stories. | 我以为是因为谢普利跟你说了一些他的故事 |
[36:39] | Oh no. He apologised for last night. | 他是为了昨晚的事道歉 |
[36:41] | Said he didn’t know we were married. | 他不知道我们两个已经结婚了 |
[36:44] | Just shows you how wrong a guy can be. | 男人有时也会大错特错 |
[36:49] | -Donut? -Thanks. | -要不要甜甜圈 -谢谢 |
[36:53] | You think this whole business is silly? Don’t you? | 你认为我逃走很蠢吧 |
[36:55] | I mean running away and everything. | 我指逃跑和所有的事情 |
[36:57] | No. Makes too good a story. | 当然不 这是条好新闻 |
[36:59] | Yes, you do. You think l’m a fool and a spoiled brat. | 你认为我是个傻瓜及一个被宠坏的富家女 |
[37:03] | Perhaps l am. Although, l don’t see how l can be. | 尽管如此我还是不知道我怎么会这样 |
[37:05] | Spoiled people are used to having their way. | 被宠坏的人通常可以为所欲为 |
[37:07] | l never have. On the contrary. | 而我从来没有过 相反的 |
[37:09] | l’ve always been told what to do and how to do it and when and with whom. | 我的一举一动都被人管的死死的 |
[37:14] | Would you believe, this is the first time l’ve ever been alone with a man? | 信不信由你 这是我第一次和男人独处 |
[37:18] | Yeah. | 是吗 |
[37:19] | lt’s a wonder l’m not panic-stricken. | 我没被吓傻 真是奇怪 |
[37:21] | You’re doing all right. | 你做得还不错 |
[37:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:26] | Nurses, governesses, chaperones, | 保姆 家庭教师 随从 |
[37:30] | even bodyguards. lt’s been a lot of fun. | 甚至还有保镖真的很好玩 |
[37:32] | One consolation, you can never get lonesome. | 有一个好处就是你从来不觉得寂寞 |
[37:36] | lt has its moments. lt’s become a sort of game, | 想要智取老爸的侦探 |
[37:38] | trying to outwit father’s detectives. | 一定很好玩 |
[37:41] | l did once. Actually went shopping without a bodyguard. | 我有一次没有保镖陪我就去买东西 |
[37:45] | lt was swell. l felt absolutely immoral. | 我高兴死了 |
[37:47] | lt didn’t last long, they found me in a department store. | 但是后来在百货公司被他们逮到 |
[37:50] | l was so mad, l ran out the back way and jumped into the first car l saw. | 我气死了 我夺门而出跳上一辆车 |
[37:55] | Guess who was in it? | 你猜车上坐的是谁 |
[37:56] | Santa Claus? | 圣诞老公公 |
[37:58] | Ghandi? | 甘地 |
[37:59] | King Westley was in it. | 金·卫思利在车上 |
[38:02] | -ls that how you met him? -Em. | -所以你们就认识了 -是的 |
[38:05] | We rode around all afternoon. Father was frantic. | 我们整个下午都开车兜风 我爸吓死了 |
[38:08] | By 6:00, he was having all the rivers dragged. | 6点他还到河里去打捞 |
[38:13] | Where’d you learn to dunk, in finishing school? | 你在哪儿学到把甜甜圈泡在咖啡里的 在学校吗 |
[38:16] | Oh! Now don’t you start telling me l shouldn’t dunk. | 别告诉我不可以这样做 |
[38:19] | Of course you shouldn’t. You don’t know how to do it. | 当然不可以这样 你根本不知道怎么做 |
[38:20] | Dunking is an art. Don’t let it soak so long. | 泡甜甜圈是一门艺术 别泡这么久 |
[38:24] | A dip and sock, into your mouth. | 泡一下就可以吃了 |
[38:26] | You leave it in too long, it gets soft and falls off. | 如果泡太久会软掉 |
[38:28] | lt’s all a matter of timing. l’ll write a book about it. | 得掌握时机最重要 改天我还会出本书呢 |
[38:32] | Thanks, professor. | 多谢指教 |
[38:33] | Just goes to show you. $20 million, and you don’t know how to dunk. | 你身价百万却不知道怎么泡甜甜圈 |
[38:37] | l’d change places with a plumber’s daughter any day. | 我宁愿自己是水管工的女儿 |
[38:42] | How do l know who you are? l never saw you before. | 我怎么知道你是谁 我以前从来没有见过你 |
[38:44] | You can’t go around bothering my tenants. | 你们不能打扰我的住户 |
[38:47] | There’s no girl by that name here. | 那女孩不在这里 |
[38:49] | How do l know you’re detectives? | 我怎么知道你们真的是侦探 |
[38:51] | Show him your credentials, Mac. | 给他看你们的身份证 |
[38:56] | Detectives. | 侦探 |
[38:58] | That’s father at work. Peter, what’ll l do? | 他们一定是爸爸派来的 彼特 我该怎么办 |
[39:01] | What’ll l do?Maybe l can jump out of the window. | 我该怎么办 也许我该跳窗逃走 |
[39:03] | They won’t see me. | 他们找不到我的 |
[39:04] | Sit down. Get yourself all mussed up. | 坐下来 头发弄乱点 |
[39:06] | Get your hair down over your eyes and undo your buttons. | 头发弄乱点遮到眼睛上 解开你的扣子 |
[39:11] | l got a letter from Aunt Bella last week. | 我上个礼拜收到贝拉阿姨的信 |
[39:12] | She said if we don’t stop over in Wilkes-Barre, she’ll never forgive us. | 她说如果我们不去看她 她永远不会原谅我们的 |
[39:16] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[39:18] | The baby’s due next month. They want us to come. | 宝宝下个月就要出世了 他们要我们过去 |
[39:22] | Oh, yeah yeah, She saw your sister on the street the other day. | 她上个礼拜看到你姐姐说 |
[39:25] | Said she’s looking swell. | 她气色好极了 |
[39:29] | Come in. | 请进 |
[39:30] | You don’t know, l hope Aunt Bella has a boy, don’t you? | 你知道吗 我希望贝拉阿姨生个儿子 |
[39:33] | Grandma says it’s gonna be a girl. She hasn’t missed calling one in years. | 奶奶说如果是女儿的话 她会抱怨好久 |
[39:38] | Man here to see you, sweetheart. | 有人来找你 亲爱的 |
[39:40] | Who, me? You wanna see me? | 找我 你是谁 |
[39:41] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[39:43] | -Are you addressing me? -Yeah. What’s your name? | -你在跟我说话吗 -你叫什么名字 |
[39:46] | Hey! Wait a minute. That’s my wife you’re talking to. | 等等 那是我太太 |
[39:50] | What do you mean coming here? What do you want anyway? | 你们到底要干嘛 你们要什么 |
[39:52] | -We’re looking for somebody. -Fine, but don’t come busting in here. | -我们在找人 -去别的地方找 |
[39:56] | This isn’t a public park. | 这里可不是公园 |
[39:57] | l got news to take a sock at you. | 小心我揍你 |
[39:58] | -Take it easy, son. Take it easy. -The men are detectives. | -别激动 年轻人 -他们是侦探 |
[40:02] | I donn’t care Even if they’re the whole police department… | 他们是警察我也不管 |
[40:03] | …they can’t bust in here, questioning my wife. | 他们不能这样闯进来问我太太话 |
[40:06] | Don’t get so excited. He asked you a simple question. | 别激动 这些人不过问些问题而已 |
[40:10] | ls that so? How many times have l told you | 是嘛 我告诉你多少次 |
[40:12] | not to butt in when I have an argument? | 我吵架时你别插嘴 |
[40:13] | You don’t have to lose your temper! | 但是你又没有生气 |
[40:15] | As usual. Every time l try to protect you. | 你上次也这样说每次我要保护你 你都这样 |
[40:19] | At the elks dance, when that big Swede hit on you. | 上次那个胖子勾引你时也是这样 |
[40:22] | He did not! l told you a million times. | 他没有勾引我 我告诉你无数次了 |
[40:25] | No, I saw him. He kept pawing you all over the dance floor. | 是吗 我看到他对你动手动脚 |
[40:27] | He didn’t. You were drunk. | 才没有 你喝醉了 |
[40:29] | Nuts! Just like your old man. | 我才没有 你跟你老爸一样 |
[40:31] | Once a plumber’s daughter, always a plumber’s daughter. | 水管工的女儿一辈子都不得翻身 |
[40:33] | There ain’t an ounce of brains in your family. | 你们家没一个人有脑子 |
[40:35] | Oh, Peter Warne, you’ve gone far enough! | 彼特·华恩 你怎么可以这样说 |
[40:38] | -Shut up! -You see what you’ve done? | -闭嘴 -你看看你们做了什么 |
[40:41] | Sorry, Mr Warne, but you see, we’ve gotta check up on everybody. | 对不起 华恩先生 但是我们必须盘问所有人 |
[40:45] | We’re looking for a girl named Ellen Andrews. | 我们在找一个爱莉·安德鲁的女孩 |
[40:47] | You know, daughter of that big Wall Street mogul. | 就是那个有钱人的女儿 |
[40:49] | Too bad you’re not looking for a plumber’s daughter. | 可惜你们找的不是水管工的女儿 |
[40:51] | Quit bawling! | 别哭了 |
[40:54] | l told you they were a perfectly nice married couple. | 我说过吧 他们是对正经的好夫妻 |
[41:11] | You weren’t bad, jumping in like that. | 你表现的不错 |
[41:13] | -You’ve got a brain. -You’re not so bad, yourself. | -你表现得不错 -你自己也不错 |
[41:16] | You know we could start a two-people stock company. | 我们可以演一幕双人剧 |
[41:18] | Things get tough, we’ll play to small town auditoriums. | 时局变困难时 我们可以在小镇礼堂表演 |
[41:20] | We’ll call this one, “The Great Deception.” | 名字叫大骗局 |
[41:23] | What about “Cinderella” or a real hot love story? | 之后也可以演灰姑娘或是热情的爱情故事 |
[41:25] | No, no, too mushy. | 那太肉麻了 |
[41:26] | l like mushy stuff. | 我喜欢肉麻的东西 |
[41:29] | Quit bawling! Quit bawling! | 别再哭了 别再哭了 |
[41:32] | Bus leaves in five minutes! | 你们的车五分钟后就要开了 |
[41:33] | -What? -Your bus leaves in five minutes. | -什么 -你们的车五分钟后就要开了 |
[41:35] | Oh! Holy smoke, we’re not even packed yet. | 糟了 我们还没打包呢 |
[41:43] | l’m starting not to believe you couldn’t find your way home. | 我开始怀疑你们连回家的路都找不到 |
[41:45] | This is the last session I want…. | 我要你们马上 |
[41:47] | -Yeah? -Telegram for you. | -什么事 -有你的电报 |
[41:49] | -Bring it in. -Another wire from Peter Warne. | -送进来 -是彼特·华恩的电报 |
[41:52] | Warne? Throw it in the wastebasket. Wait a minute. What does it say? | 华恩 把它丢掉 等等 上面写什么 |
[41:58] | “Have l got a story. Stop. lt’s getting hotter and hotter. Stop. | “我有大消息 而且越来越热门” |
[42:01] | “Hope you’re the same.” | “希望你也一样” |
[42:05] | -Collect? -Yes. | -对方付费的电报 -是的 |
[42:06] | -lf you accept another one, you’re fired. | 如果你再接受任何对方付费的电报 你就被开除了 |
[42:09] | -Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[42:09] | And that gives me a good idea for all of you. | 你们也一样 |
[42:12] | l want action, Lovington, action. | 我要看到结果 李文顿 结果 |
[42:14] | We can’t do the impossible, Mr. Andrews. | 我们无法无中生有 |
[42:16] | What I’m asking isn’t impossible. | 我不是要你们无中生有 |
[42:17] | My daughter’s somewhere between here and Miami. | 我女儿在这里和迈阿密之间的某处 |
[42:19] | Now l want her found. | 我要你们找到她 |
[42:20] | -l put extra men on, the whole way. -That’s not enough. | -我会沿途多加派人手 -那不够 |
[42:23] | Send in Clark and Brown. | 叫柯克和布朗进来 |
[42:24] | -You sure she isn’t with King Westley? -No. | -你确定她没有和金·卫思利在一起吗 -是的 |
[42:27] | He’s being trailed 24 hours a day since this thing started. | 这件事一开始我们就派人24小时跟踪他了 |
[42:30] | He can’t even get a phone call we don’t know about. | 他连打电话我们都知道 |
[42:32] | l’m worried, Lovington. After all, something might have happened to her. | 我很担心 搞不好她会出事 |
[42:36] | l don’t think so. | 我不这样认为 |
[42:36] | Brown, I want you to make an arrangement for a radio broadcast right away. | 布朗 我要立刻广播出去说 |
[42:40] | Coast-to-coast hook up. Offer a reward of… | 我悬赏一万块 |
[42:41] | …$10,000 for information on her whereabouts. | 打听她的下落 |
[42:44] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[42:44] | Clark, send the story to all of the newspapers. | 柯克 把消息发布到各大报社去 |
[42:47] | Some out-of-town papers may not have a picture of her. | 有些报社也许没有她的照片 |
[42:49] | Here. Wire this to them. l want the story to break right away. | 把这些也传过去 我要这消息马上见报 |
[42:53] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[42:54] | Now we’ll get some action! | 现在终于会有点结果了 |
[43:31] | Fine, that’s fine. | 好的 |
[43:35] | You know that one about the man who flew on the trapeze? | 各位 你们会唱空中飞人吗 |
[43:38] | Yeah. | 当然了 |
[43:45] | “Once l was happy but now l’m forlorn | “以前我很开心但现在很孤独” |
[43:50] | “Like an old coat that is tattered and torn | “就像一件撕碎穿坏的旧衣服” |
[43:54] | “Left in this wide world to weep and to mourn | “在这个广阔的世界里独自哭泣忧伤” |
[43:58] | “Betrayed by a maid in her teens | “被一个年轻的少女背叛” |
[44:02] | “This maid that l loved she was handsome | “我爱的这个少女非常漂亮” |
[44:06] | “And l tried all l knew how to please | “我尝试了很多办法取悦她” |
[44:10] | “But l never could please her one-quarter so well | “但是我从来不能取悦她半分” |
[44:14] | “As the man on the flying trapeze | “飞上空中的那个男人” |
[44:18] | “He flies through the air with the greatest of ease | “他悠闲地漂浮在空中” |
[44:21] | “The daring young man on the flying trapeze | “大胆的年轻人翱翔在空中” |
[44:25] | “His actions are graceful, all the girls he does please | “他动作优雅 吸引了所有女孩” |
[44:29] | “And my love he has stolen away” | “他偷走了我爱的女孩的心” |
[44:40] | l know the second verse there. | 我会唱第2段 |
[44:44] | “Now he’d play with a miss like a cat with a mouse | “现在他玩弄小姐 就像猫和老鼠” |
[44:48] | “His eyes would undress every girl in the house | “他眉毛一挑 女孩甘愿为其脱衣” |
[44:52] | “Perhaps he is better described as a louse | “也许他更像一个卑鄙的家伙” |
[44:57] | And still people came just the same | “人们都这么认为” |
[44:59] | “Now he smiles from the bar on the people below | “现在他微笑的看著吧台下面的人” |
[45:03] | “And one night he smiled on my love | “一晚他朝我爱的女孩微笑” |
[45:08] | “She blew him a kiss | “她给了他一个吻” |
[45:10] | “And she hollered bravo And he hung by his schnozzle from above | “她叫喊著太好了 紧挨著他的鼻子” |
[45:15] | “He floats through the air with the greatest of ease | “他悠闲地漂浮在空中” |
[45:20] | “Daring young man on the flying trapeze His actions are graceful | “大胆的年轻人翱翔在空中 他动作优雅” |
[45:26] | “All the girls he does please And my love he has stolen away” | “吸引了所有女孩 他偷走了我爱的女孩的心” |
[45:34] | Do you mind if l take the third one? | 我会唱第3段 |
[45:41] | “l wept and l whimpered l simpered for weeks | “我难过哭泣 假装微笑了好长时间” |
[45:45] | “While she spent her time with the circus’ freaks | “当她与马戏团怪胎在一起时” |
[45:49] | “The tears were like hailstones that rolled down my cheeks | “眼泪就像冰雹 滚落我脸颊” |
[45:53] | “Alas, Alack and Alaska | “哀哉 哀哉 真哀哉” |
[45:57] | “l went to this fellow the villain, and l said | “我见到这家伙对他说” |
[46:00] | “l’ll see that you get your deserts | “我等著看到你的下场” |
[46:04] | “His thumb to his nose he put up with a sneer | “他拧拧鼻子冷笑一声” |
[46:07] | “He sneered once again and said | “他冷笑一声又一声” |
[46:11] | “He flies through the air with the greatest of ease | “他悠闲地漂浮在空中” |
[46:15] | “That daring young man on the flying trapeze | “大胆的年轻人翱翔在空中” |
[46:19] | “His actions are graceful The girls he does please | “他动作优雅 吸引了所有女孩” |
[46:23] | “My love he has stolen away” | “他偷走了我爱的女孩的心” |
[46:34] | -Everybody keep your seats. -Thank the man for me, Peter. | -大家不要惊慌 -帮我谢谢司机先生 彼特 |
[46:37] | lt’s the first comfortable position l’ve been in all night. | 这是我整晚最舒服的姿势 |
[46:41] | “She flies through the air with the greatest of ease | “她悠闲地漂浮在空中” |
[46:45] | “The daring young–“ | “大胆的年轻” |
[46:46] | Mon, mon, What’s the matter with you? Help! Somebody help. | 妈 你怎么了 快来救救我妈 |
[46:51] | Something happened to her. | 她出事了 |
[46:52] | Look how pale she is. | 看她的脸好苍白 |
[47:02] | Let’s give her a chance to snap out of it. | 我们要让她重新振作 |
[47:06] | Don’t worry. She’ll be all right. | 不要担心 她不会有事的 |
[47:09] | We ain’t ate nothing since yesterday. | 我们昨天开始就没有吃东西 |
[47:14] | What happened to your money? | 你们的钱呢 |
[47:16] | Ma spent it all on the tickets. We didn’t know it was gonna be so much. | 我们都花在买车票上 我们没有想到车票这么贵 |
[47:21] | We shouldn’t have come, l guess. | 我想我们不应该来的 |
[47:24] | But Ma said there was a job waiting for her in New York… | 妈妈说在纽约有工作等著她去做 |
[47:27] | …and if we didn’t go, she might lose it. | 我们不去的话也许就没机会了 |
[47:36] | She’ll be all right when she’s had something to eat. | 她吃过就会没事的 |
[47:40] | Here honey, the next time we come to, you buy some food. Now come on. | 孩子这拿去 我们下次停车时你去买点吃的 |
[47:42] | l shouldn’t ought to take this. Ma’ll get mad. | 我不该拿你们的钱 妈妈会生气的 |
[47:47] | Just don’t tell her about it. You don’t want her to get sick again. | 别告诉她就行了 你不希望她再生病吧 |
[47:50] | No, but you might need it. | 你们也许需要这些钱 |
[47:51] | Come on. | 不需要 |
[47:53] | l got millions. | 我是百万富翁 |
[47:54] | Here. | 这边 |
[47:55] | -Thanks. -Come on, go back. | -谢谢 -回去陪你妈吧 |
[48:15] | Better phone for some help. | 最好打电话求援吧 |
[48:16] | Hey go phone if you want to. The nearest town is 10 miles away here. | 要打电话你去打 离这里最近的城镇有十里远 |
[48:19] | Yeah? | 真的吗 |
[48:21] | Say, buddy. Like to take a look at my paper? | 老兄 想不想看看我的报纸 |
[48:25] | Travelling like this, you kind lose track of what’s going on in the world. | 一天到晚旅行有可能会和世界脱节 |
[48:29] | Take that story there, for instance. | 比如说这则新闻吧 |
[48:33] | lf l was to see that dame, you know what l’d do? | 如果我看到这个女的 你猜我会怎样 |
[48:35] | No. What? | 不知道 怎样 |
[48:37] | l’d go fifty-fifty with you. | 我会和你平分 |
[48:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[48:41] | Because l don’t believe in hogging. | 因为独自霸占不对 |
[48:42] | A bird that figures that way always ends up behind the eight ball. | 因为这样一定会倒霉的 |
[48:46] | That’s what l always say. | 我经常这么说 |
[48:51] | What’s on your mind? | 你想怎样 |
[48:53] | Five G’s or l crab the works. | 给我五千块 否则我就说出去 |
[49:02] | Let’s get away from here and talk this over privately. | 我们离开这儿 私下谈谈吧 |
[49:04] | l knew she wasn’t your wife all the time. | 我从一开始就知道她不是你太太 |
[49:10] | Lucky thing, my running into you. Just the man l need. | 遇到你算我走运 我正需要你这样的人 |
[49:14] | You made no mistake, believe me. | 你说的一点都不错 相信我 |
[49:16] | l can use a smart guy like you. | 我正需要像你这样聪明的人 |
[49:17] | Say listen. When you’re talking to old man Shapeley… | 你说到这个就要谈到 |
[49:19] | Can you make a gat? | 你有没有带枪 |
[49:21] | Huh? | 什么 |
[49:22] | A gat. A gat. A rod. | 手枪啊 手枪 |
[49:25] | -Got any fireworks on you? -No. | -你有没有带武器 -没有 |
[49:29] | l got a couple of machine guns in my suitcase. l’ll give you one of them. | 我的皮箱里有几把机关枪 我分一把给你 |
[49:32] | May have trouble up north. Have to shoot it out with the cops. | 可能会麻烦 我们或许会与警方发生枪战 |
[49:36] | lf you manage, those five G’s are as good as in the bag. Maybe more. | 如果我能安然度过 你赚的钱可能不只五千 |
[49:39] | l’ll talk to the Killer, he’ll take care of you. | 我去和杀手谈谈 要他好好照顾你 |
[49:41] | Killer? | 杀手 |
[49:43] | Yeah. The big boy. The boss of the outfit. | 对啊 就是老大 |
[49:46] | You’re not kidnapping her, are you? | 你们不是绑架她吧 |
[49:48] | What else, stupid? | 不然呢 |
[49:49] | You don’t think we’re after that penny-ante reward? | 你应该不会以为我们是想贪那一万块奖金吧 |
[49:52] | $10, 000? Chicken feed. | 一万块 太小儿科了 |
[49:56] | Now listen, we’re holding that dame for a million smackers. | 那女孩价值百万 |
[49:59] | Say, l didn’t know it was anything like this. You see, l’ve got…. | 我没想到会这样 我 |
[50:03] | What’s the matter? You getting yellow? | 怎么了 怕了 |
[50:05] | l’m a married man. l got a couple of kids. l can’t afford to get…. | 我有妻有子 不能扯上这种 |
[50:08] | Hu…Pipe down your mug before l…. | 小声点 否则我 |
[50:12] | What are you trying to do, tell the whole world about it? | 你想和黑手党对抗吗 |
[50:15] | And now listen, you’re into this thing and you’re staying in, get me? | 你已经脱不了关系了 懂吗 |
[50:18] | You know too much. | 你知道的太多 |
[50:20] | l won’t, I won’t say anything, honest l won’t. | 我发誓我不会说出去的 |
[50:22] | How do l know that? l got a notion to plug you. | 我怎么知道 应该把你灭口才对 |
[50:25] | Why should l take a chance with you? | 为什么我要冒险 |
[50:27] | Trust me, mister. l’ll keep my mouth shut. | 你可以信任我 我不会说的 |
[50:29] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[50:33] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[50:34] | Oscar Shapeley. | 奥斯卡·谢普利 |
[50:36] | -Where do you live? -Orange, New Jersey. | -你住在哪里 -纽泽西 橘郡 |
[50:39] | Got a couple of kids? | 你有孩子 |
[50:41] | Yes, sir. Just babies. A little golden-haired girl. | 他们还小 一个金发女孩 |
[50:44] | -You love them, don’t you? -Yes, yes, l do. | -你爱他们 对吧 -是的 我爱他们 |
[50:47] | You wouldn’t. You’re not thinking of– | 是的 但是我不会 |
[50:49] | -You keep your trap shut, all right? -Sure. Sure. Sure | -你要守口如瓶 -当然 当然 |
[50:52] | -lf you don’t…. -l’ll keep my trap shut. l will. l will. l will. | -如果你不 -我一定会守口如瓶的 |
[50:54] | You ever hear of Bugs Dooley? | 你听过巴格斯·杜利吗 |
[50:57] | Bugs Dooley? No. | 巴格斯·杜利 没听过 |
[50:58] | He was a nice guy, just like you. And he made a big mistake one day. | 他和你一样是个好人 可惜他那天犯了一个大错误 |
[51:02] | Got a little too talkative. | 他太多嘴了 |
[51:04] | -You know what happened to his kid? -No. | -你知道他的孩子后来怎么样了 -不知道 |
[51:05] | l can’t tell you. But when Bugs heard about it he blew his brains out. | 我不能告诉你 但当他知道后他就会自杀了 |
[51:09] | Oh, that’s…that’s terrible. | 那太糟糕了 |
[51:10] | He had it coming to him. He talked too much. l never talk. | 不过他是自作自受 他太多嘴了 我不说话 |
[51:15] | l never say a word. Word…word of honour. | 我发誓我会守口如瓶 |
[51:17] | l wouldn’t want anything to happen to my kids. | 我不希望我的孩子出事 |
[51:20] | Okay. Just remember that. | 那你就给我记住 |
[51:24] | Now beat it. | 你走吧 |
[51:25] | Sure, mister. Thanks. l always knew you guys were– | 多谢你 我就知道你是个好人 |
[51:29] | Come on, scram. And stay away from that bus. | 滚吧 离车子远一点 |
[51:32] | Sure. Anything you say, mister. | 都听你的 先生 |
[51:35] | -You wouldn’t shoot me in the back? -lf you don’t beat it…. | -你不会从后面射杀我吧 -如果你不快滚 我就 |
[51:37] | l’m going. | 我滚了 |
[51:54] | What’s the matter? Why do we have to leave the bus? | 怎么了 为什么我们要离开车子 |
[51:56] | Come on. Don’t ask so many questions. | 别问这么多问题 |
[51:58] | Why? | 为什么 |
[52:06] | Poor old Shapeley. You shouldn’t have frightened him like that. | 可怜的谢普利 你不应该这样吓他的 |
[52:09] | At the rate he’s going, he’s probably crossed two state lines by this time. | 照他的速度 现在搞不好已经跑到下个州去了 |
[52:13] | Why did we have to leave the bus? | 那我们为什么要离开车子 |
[52:17] | When Shapeley stops running, he’s going to start thinking, isn’t he? | 谢普利惊魂稍定之后就会开始思考 对吧 |
[52:20] | You know l’ve been doing a little thinking myself. | 我也思考了一阵子 |
[52:24] | The next town we come to, you better wire your father. | 我们到下个镇上时 你最好联络你父亲 |
[52:28] | What’s the matter, are you weakening? | 怎么 你不行了吗 |
[52:30] | No. l was just thinking of you. A starvation diet may not agree with you. | 不 我只是为你著想 饿肚子可能不太适合你 |
[52:35] | Did you give that child all your money? | 你把所有的钱都给了那孩子 |
[52:37] | l gave him nothing. You were the big-hearted gal. | 我什么都没给他 大方的是你 |
[52:41] | All the money l had was that ten spot. | 那些钱是我仅有的 |
[52:43] | So l’ve been thinking you better wire your father. | 所以我想你最好和你父亲联络一下 |
[52:46] | No, sir. l started out for New York and l’m going to get there… | 不行 我就算饿肚子 |
[52:50] | …if l have to starve all the way. | 也要到纽约去 |
[52:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[52:55] | What is this strange power this man Westley has over you women? | 卫思利到底有什么魔力 |
[52:58] | Here, take these. | 你拿著 |
[53:01] | -Hold on to them. Get up on that log. -That? | -站到木头上 -什么 |
[53:04] | Get up on the log. | 站到木头上 |
[53:16] | l wish you’d stop being playful. | 你别胡闹了 |
[53:18] | Oh, so sorry, sorry. | 对不起 |
[53:20] | You know, this is the first time in years l’ve ridden piggyback. | 我好久没有被人背在背上了 |
[53:24] | This isn’t piggyback. | 我没有背你 |
[53:25] | -Of course it is. -You’re crazy. | -当然有 -你疯了 |
[53:28] | l remember distinctly my father taking me for a piggyback ride. | 我还记得我爸爸背过我 |
[53:32] | -And he carried you like this? -Yes. | -你小时候他这样背著你 -对 |
[53:34] | Your father didn’t know beans about piggyback riding. | 你爸爸根本不知道什么叫做背 |
[53:37] | My uncle, mother’s brother, has four children. | 我叔叔有四个小孩 |
[53:39] | l’ve seen them ride piggyback. | 我看过他们被背 |
[53:41] | l’ll bet there isn’t a good piggyback rider in your family. | 我想你们家没有人会背人 |
[53:43] | l never knew a rich man who could piggyback ride. | 有钱人根本不知道怎么背 |
[53:48] | You’re prejudiced. | 你有成见 |
[53:50] | You show me a good piggy backer. l’ll show you a real human. | 会背人的人都是伟人 |
[53:54] | Take Abraham Lincoln for instance. A natural born piggy backer. | 比如说林肯 他就很会背人 |
[53:57] | Where do you get off with that stuffed-shirt family of yours? | 你可不可以别再谈你那些古板的家人 |
[54:02] | My father was a great piggy backer. | 我爸爸很会背人 |
[54:06] | Here, hold this a minute. | 帮我拿一下 |
[54:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[54:19] | How long does this keep up? My feet are killing me. | 我们还要走多久 我脚痛死了 |
[54:35] | This looks like the best spot. | 这里看起来不错 |
[54:38] | We’re not going to sleep out here, are we? | 我们不会在这儿睡吧 |
[54:41] | l don’t know about you, but l’m going to give a good imitation of it. | 我不知道你怎么样 但是我打算好好睡一觉 |
[54:45] | Peter? | 彼特 |
[54:46] | What? | 干嘛 |
[54:48] | l’m awfully hungry. | 我饿死了 |
[54:50] | lt’s just your imagination. | 那只是你的心理作用 |
[54:52] | No, it isn’t. | 才不是 |
[54:53] | l’m hungry and scared. | 我又饿又怕 |
[54:57] | You can’t be hungry and scared both at the same time. | 你不可能同时又饿又怕 |
[54:59] | Well, l am. | 我就是 |
[55:00] | lf you’re scared, it scares the hunger out of you. | 那就忘了饥饿与害怕吧 |
[55:03] | Not if you’re more hungry than scared. | 现在我比较不怕 但是更饿 |
[55:06] | All right, you win. Let’s forget about it. | 算你赢 我们别再谈这件事了 |
[55:11] | l can’t forget it. l’m still hungry. | 我不能 我还是很饿 |
[55:14] | Holy smoke! Why did l ever get mixed up with you? | 我怎么会和你扯上关系 |
[55:19] | lf l had any sense, l’d be in New York by this time. | 要是我有理智的话 早就回到纽约了 |
[55:22] | What about your story? | 那你的新闻怎么办 |
[55:24] | Taking a married woman back to her husband. | 带一个女人去找她的丈夫 |
[55:30] | l turned out to be the prize sucker. | 真是个大笨蛋 |
[55:34] | All right, come on. Your bed’s all ready. | 好了 你的床铺好了 |
[55:39] | l’ll get my clothes all wrinkled. | 我会把睡衣睡皱的 |
[55:41] | -Then take them off. -What? | -那就脱掉 -什么 |
[55:42] | All right, don’t take them off. Do what you please, but shut up about it. | 那就别脱 随你便 反正闭嘴就是了 |
[56:17] | You know you’re becoming awfully disagreeable lately. | 你变得好讨厌 |
[56:20] | You just snap my head off every time l open my mouth. | 我一开口你就骂我 |
[56:26] | lf being with me is so distasteful to you, you can leave. | 如果你这样讨厌我的话可以离开 |
[56:32] | You can leave any time you see fit. | 你可以随时离开 |
[56:35] | Nobody’s holding you here. | 你干嘛还留下来 |
[56:38] | l can get along. | 我一个人没问题的 |
[56:46] | Peter? | 彼特 |
[56:50] | Peter! | 彼特 |
[56:53] | Oh! Peter! Peter! Peter! Peter! | 彼特 彼特 彼特 |
[57:00] | -What’s the matter? -l was so scared! | -怎么了 -我吓死了 |
[57:04] | What’s got into you? l left for a minute to find you something to eat. | 你怎么了 我不过离开几分钟去找吃的 |
[57:06] | Oh, l know but…. | 我知道 但是 |
[57:08] | Here, eat your head off. | 拿去吃吧 |
[57:10] | l don’t want it now. | 我现在不饿了 |
[57:11] | -l thought you said you were hungry. -l was, but– | -你不是说饿了吗 -没错 但是 |
[57:14] | But what? | 但是什么 |
[57:17] | l was so scared, it scared the hunger– | 我太怕了 所以不饿了 |
[57:19] | Holy jumping catfish. You drive a guy crazy. | 你真会把人逼疯 |
[58:05] | lt’s liable to get chilly before morning. | 清晨会很冷的 |
[58:06] | Better use this. | 你盖上吧 |
[58:45] | What are you thinking about? | 你在想什么 |
[58:48] | By a strange coincidence, l was thinking of you. | 怪的是我正在想你 |
[58:52] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[58:56] | l was just wondering what makes dames like you so dizzy. | 我在想象你这样的女人为何会如此失去理智 |
[59:34] | What did you say we’re supposed to be doing? | 我刚刚说我们该干嘛 |
[59:36] | Hitchhiking. | 搭便车 |
[59:39] | Well, you’ve given me a very good example of the hiking. | 你说的很好 |
[59:44] | Where does the hitching come in? | 车在哪儿 |
[59:45] | lt’s a little early yet. No cars out. | 现在还太早 没有车 |
[59:51] | lf it’s the same to you… | 如果你不介意的话 |
[59:54] | …l’m going to sit right here and wait until they come. | 我想在这儿等车过来 |
[1:00:08] | You got a toothpick? | 有没有牙签 |
[1:00:09] | -What’s the matter? -l got hay in my teeth. | -怎么回事 -有干草卡在牙缝间了 |
[1:00:12] | No, l haven’t got a toothpick. Here, l got a penknife, though. | 我没有牙签 不过有小刀 |
[1:00:16] | Now hold still. | 不要动 |
[1:00:17] | -Be careful. -All right. Where is it? | -小心点 -好的 在哪里 |
[1:00:22] | All right, now hold still. | 这边 不要动 |
[1:00:23] | Here. Get it? | 好了 |
[1:00:27] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[1:00:29] | Hey, you should have swallowed that. | 你应该把干草吞下去的 |
[1:00:31] | You won’t have any breakfast, you know? | 可以当早饭 |
[1:00:32] | You needn’t rub it in. | 你不用提醒我 |
[1:00:38] | -What are you eating? -Carrots. | -你在吃什么 -胡萝卜 |
[1:00:41] | -Raw? -Want one? | -生的 -你要不要 |
[1:00:43] | No. Why didn’t you get me something l could eat? | 不要 你为什么不找一些我可以吃的东西 |
[1:00:48] | That’s right, l forgot. The idea of offering a raw carrot to an Andrews. | 我忘了安德家的人不吃生胡萝卜 |
[1:00:53] | You don’t think l’m going around panhandling for you, do you? | 你不会以为我会出去为你讨饭吧 |
[1:00:56] | Have one of these. Best thing for you, carrots. | 吃一个嘛 还不错 |
[1:00:58] | l hate the horrid things. | 我不喜欢那种味道 |
[1:01:03] | l wish you wouldn’t talk so much. Now we let a car get away. | 你少说点话嘛 车子过去了 |
[1:01:06] | And suppose nobody stops for us? | 要是没有人停车怎么办 |
[1:01:09] | They’ll stop all right. lt’s a matter of knowing how to handle them. | 他们会停 只要知道怎么叫车就行了 |
[1:01:12] | And you’re an expert l suppose. | 我想你一定是专家 |
[1:01:14] | Expert. And l’ll write a book about it. Call it “The Hitchhiker’s Hail.” | 专家 我要写一本搭便车的书 |
[1:01:18] | There’s no end to your accomplishments, is there? | 你的成就真是无穷无尽 |
[1:01:21] | -You think it’s simple? -No. | -你以为叫车很简单 -不 |
[1:01:24] | Well, it is simple. lt’s all in that old thumb, see? | 叫车很简单 关键是大拇指 |
[1:01:27] | Some people do it like this. Or like this. | 有些人这样 或是这样 |
[1:01:31] | All wrong. Never get anywhere. | 这样就错了 绝对叫不到车的 |
[1:01:33] | Oh, the poor things. | 可怜的家伙 |
[1:01:34] | But that old thumb never fails. lt’s all a matter of how you do it, though. | 不过用大拇指准没错 全看你怎么做 知道吗 |
[1:01:38] | You know, now you take No. 1, for instance. | 就拿一号姿势来说 就像这样 |
[1:01:41] | That’s a short jerky movement, like this. That shows independence. | 这是一个短的动作 像这样显示独立性 |
[1:01:44] | You don’t care if they stop or not. You got money. | 你一副不甩人的样子 反正口袋里有钱 |
[1:01:47] | -Clever. -Yeak, but No. 2, that’s a little wider movement. | -很聪明 -但二号姿势动作就大些 |
[1:01:50] | Smile goes with this one, like this. | 同时还要微笑 像这样 |
[1:01:54] | That means you got a brand-new story about the farmer’s daughter. | 这表示你刚和农夫的女儿有过一段情 |
[1:01:59] | You figured that out all by yourself?. | 这全是你一个人想出来的 |
[1:02:01] | That’s nothing. No. 3, that’s a pip. That’s the pitiful one. | 那不算什么 三号姿势才够看 这是可怜的姿势 |
[1:02:05] | You know when you’re broke and hungry, everything looks black. | 当你又穷又饿 前途暗淡时 |
[1:02:08] | lt’s a long sweeping movement like this. Gotta follow through, though. | 你就要用这个姿势从头摆到尾 |
[1:02:13] | Oh, that’s amazing. | 太惊人了 |
[1:02:14] | Yeah! But it’s no good, if you haven’t got a long face to go with it. | 但是一定要配上可怜兮兮的表情才有用 |
[1:02:18] | Here comes a car. | 有车来了 |
[1:02:20] | Okay. Now watch me. l’m gonna use No. 1. | 看我的 我要用一号姿势 |
[1:02:23] | Keep your eye on that thumb, baby, and see what happens. | 注意看我的大拇指 看看会发生什么 |
[1:02:31] | l still got my eye on the thumb. | 我有注意你的大拇指哦 |
[1:02:34] | Something must have gone wrong. l’ll try No. 2. | 一定有问题 我来试试二号姿势 |
[1:02:37] | When you get to 100, wake me up. | 你用到一百号姿势时再叫我吧 |
[1:03:20] | l don’t think l’ll write that book after all. | 看来我还是别写那本书好了 |
[1:03:23] | Think of all the fun you had, though. | 可是你玩得也很开心啊 |
[1:03:27] | You mind if l try? | 你可以让我试试吗 |
[1:03:29] | You? | 你 |
[1:03:31] | Don’t make me laugh. | 别笑死我了 |
[1:03:34] | You’re such a smart aleck. Nobody knows anything but you. | 你自以为是万事通吗 |
[1:03:39] | l’ll stop a car and l won’t use my thumb. | 我让你见识一下不用拇指就可以叫车 |
[1:03:42] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[1:03:44] | lt’s a system all my own. | 我自己发明的方法 |
[1:04:07] | Aren’t you going to give me a little credit? | 你不打算夸奖我吗 |
[1:04:10] | What for? | 为什么 |
[1:04:11] | Well, l proved once and for all that the limb is mightier than the thumb. | 我证明了大腿比拇指更有力 |
[1:04:17] | Why didn’t you take off all your clothes? You could have stopped 40 cars. | 你干嘛不把衣服脱光 你可以拦下40部车 |
[1:04:20] | l’ll remember that when we need 40 cars. | 等我们需要40部车的时候我会记住这点 |
[1:04:24] | So, you’re just married? That’s pretty good. | 两位刚结婚 真不错 |
[1:04:28] | But if l was young, that’s the way l’d spend my honeymoon. Hitchhiking. | 我年轻的话也曾想这样度蜜月的 搭便车 |
[1:04:34] | Yes, sir. “Hitchhiking down the highway | “在爱情的公路上” |
[1:04:37] | “Of love on a honeymoon | “搭便车度蜜月” |
[1:04:42] | “Hitchhiking down…down…down…down the highway.” | “在爱情的公路上搭便车度蜜月” |
[1:04:55] | Hey, hey! Aren’t you afraid you’ll burn out a tonsil? | 你不怕扯破喉咙吗 |
[1:04:59] | Tonsil? Me? No. | 喉咙 我 怎么可能 |
[1:05:02] | Me burn a tonsil? | 我怎么可能扯破喉咙 |
[1:05:05] | “My tonsils won’t burn, as likes…” | “我的喉咙扯不破 就像” |
[1:05:08] | All right, all right, let it go, let it go. | 够了 够了 |
[1:05:11] | “Turn” | “转” |
[1:05:22] | How about a bite to eat? | 吃点东西怎么样 |
[1:05:23] | -Well, I think that would be lovely. -No thanks, we’re not hungry. | -太好了 -不 谢了 我们不饿 |
[1:05:25] | Oh, I see young people in love are never hungry. | 我懂了 热恋中的年轻人感觉不到饿 |
[1:05:28] | No. | 不 |
[1:05:29] | “Young people in love | “热恋中的年轻人” |
[1:05:32] | “Are very seldom hungry | “感觉不到饿” |
[1:05:35] | “People in love are very seldom hungry” | “热恋中的人们感觉不到饿” |
[1:05:42] | What were you going to do? Gold dig that guy for a meal? | 你打算骗他请你吃东西吗 |
[1:05:46] | Sure, l was. No fooling, l’m hungry. | 当然 说真的我饿了 |
[1:05:49] | Eat a carrot. | 吃根胡萝卜 |
[1:05:51] | No. | 不要 |
[1:05:54] | l’m going in to ask him. | 我要进去了 |
[1:05:55] | You do and l’ll break your neck. | 不准 否则我扭断你的脖子 |
[1:06:09] | Come on, let’s get out of here. Stretch our legs. | 我们下车伸伸腿吧 |
[1:06:38] | l’m sorry…. | 对不起 爱莉 |
[1:06:40] | Oh, that’s all right. | 不要紧 |
[1:06:52] | Hey! Hey! hey! Come here! | 站住别跑 |
[1:06:57] | Hey! You’ve got my suitcase! | 回来 把我的行李箱留下来 |
[1:07:22] | What happened to you? l was worried. | 你去哪儿了 我好担心 |
[1:07:23] | -Get in. -Look at your face! You’ve got a cut! | -上车吧 -看你的脸 你的脸受伤了 |
[1:07:26] | Well, what happened? | 怎么回事 |
[1:07:27] | A road thief. Picks people up, runs off with their things. What a racket. | 他不过是一般的小偷 专门抢搭便车人的行李 |
[1:07:31] | How’d you get the car? | 你车怎么来的 |
[1:07:33] | l gave him a black eye for it and had to tie him up to a tree. | 我揍了他一顿 把他绑在树上 |
[1:08:08] | Can’t be much gas left in this thing. | 汽油不多了 |
[1:08:10] | Gotta start promoting some. | 我们得想想办法 |
[1:08:15] | Better take the things out of the pocket of that coat. | 把外套里的东西拿出来 |
[1:08:18] | That’ll be good for ten gallons. | 它应该可以换十加仑的油 |
[1:08:56] | l haven’t changed my mind, Westley. l want you to understand that. | 我还没有改变心意 卫思利 我要你明白这一点 |
[1:08:59] | l don’t like you. Never have. | 我要告诉你 我从来没有喜欢你 |
[1:09:01] | Never will. | 以后也不会喜欢 |
[1:09:02] | Now that’s clear enough, isn’t it? | 明白吗 |
[1:09:04] | You’ve made it evident by your threats of annulment. | 我想你的威胁要撤消我们的婚姻已经明白了 |
[1:09:06] | Well, it hasn’t worried me for a minute. | 我一点也没有放在心上 |
[1:09:09] | Ellie and l got married because we love each other. | 我和爱莉结婚是因为彼此相爱 |
[1:09:11] | She’s proving it. | 她证明了这点 |
[1:09:13] | As far as l’m concerned, there’s going to be no annulment. | 我认为我们不会取消婚约 |
[1:09:15] | l see. You’ve got hold of a good thing and you’re going to hang on to it? | 我明白你不会轻易放弃到手的金矿 |
[1:09:21] | All right, you win. I guess l’ll just have to get used to you. | 算你赢 我想我会习惯你的存在 |
[1:09:26] | l admit, l’m licked. But it’s only because l’m worried. | 我承认我输了 但这只是因为我担心 |
[1:09:31] | lf l don’t find her soon, l’ll go crazy. | 我要再找不到她 我会发疯 |
[1:09:35] | Mind l could have helped if it hadn’t been for you. | 要不是你们一直盯著我 |
[1:09:37] | l’ve been watched so closely– | 我还能帮得上忙 |
[1:09:38] | Yes, I know, I know. Well, you can help now. | 我知道 但你现在还是可以帮我 |
[1:09:43] | l’ve got a room full of reporters in there. | 外面有很多记者 |
[1:09:45] | Now, l want you to make a statement. | 我要你去发表声明 |
[1:09:46] | Say that we’ve talked things over and come to an understanding. | 告诉他们 我们达成共识 |
[1:09:51] | And that if she returns l won’t interfere with your marriage. | 只要她回来 我就不阻饶你们的婚事 |
[1:10:06] | -All right? -Yeah, that’s quite all right. | -怎么样 -好的 |
[1:10:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:10:10] | l hope you and your wife spend a pleasant week with us. | 我希望你和尊夫人住宿愉快 |
[1:10:12] | Yeah, yeah, so do l. Thank you. Goodnight. | 谢谢你 晚安 |
[1:10:15] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[1:10:18] | -All right, brat. -Any luck? | -没事 小妞 -成功了吗 |
[1:10:21] | Yeah. He finally agreed to let us have a cabin. | 对 他终于答应给我们一个房间 |
[1:10:23] | What about the money? | 钱怎么办 |
[1:10:25] | l talked him out of that idea. He thinks we’re staying a week. | 我劝他打消念头 他以为我们会呆一星期 |
[1:10:28] | -l must think something up before morning. -That’s swell. | -我们明天早上要想出一个办法出来 -太好了 |
[1:10:31] | Yeah? l’m glad you think so. lf you ask me, l think it’s foolish. | 我很高兴你这样想 我认为在这住太笨了 |
[1:10:36] | l told you there’s no use in staying here. | 住在这里没道理 |
[1:10:39] | We can make New York in three hours. | 我们三个小时就可以到纽约 |
[1:10:45] | l thought you were in a hurry to get back. | 你不是急著到纽约去吗 |
[1:10:53] | Well, whoever heard of getting in at 3:00 in the morning? | 谁会半夜三更到纽约啊 |
[1:10:57] | Everybody will be asleep. | 大家都睡了 |
[1:11:04] | Okay. Cottage no. 6. | 我住六号房 |
[1:11:33] | There you go, trusting people again. How many times did l tell you– | 你又随便相信人了 我告诉你多少次了 |
[1:11:37] | But he looked like a nice, upright young fellow, Ma. | 但是他看起来很老实 |
[1:11:48] | We’re on the last lap. | 这是最后一晚 |
[1:11:54] | Tomorrow morning, you’ll be in the arms of your husband. | 明天早上你将可以投入丈夫怀中 |
[1:11:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:12:00] | You’ll have a great story, won’t you? | 而你则有头条新闻可写 |
[1:12:03] | Yeah. Swell. | 对 好极了 |
[1:12:28] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:13:04] | We certainly outsmarted your father. | 我们的确比你父亲聪明 |
[1:13:08] | l guess you ought to be happy. | 你应该很高兴才对 |
[1:13:11] | Am l going to see you in New York? | 我们在纽约会再见面吗 |
[1:13:15] | Nope. | 不会 |
[1:13:19] | Why not? | 这什么 |
[1:13:21] | l don’t make it a policy to run around with married women. | 我不习惯和已婚女人相处 |
[1:13:27] | There’s no harm in your coming to see us. | 过来拜访我们有什么关系 |
[1:13:31] | Not interested. | 没兴趣 |
[1:13:36] | Won’t l ever see you again? | 我会再见到你吗 |
[1:13:39] | What do you want to see me? l’ve served my purpose! | 你要见我干嘛 我的任务已经达成 |
[1:13:41] | l brought you back to King Westley, didn’t I? | 我让你重回金·卫思利的怀抱 不是吗 |
[1:13:43] | That’s what you wanted, wasn’t it? | 这不是你想要的吗 |
[1:14:21] | Have you ever been in love, Peter? | 你有没有爱过什么人 彼特 |
[1:14:25] | Me? | 我 |
[1:14:27] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:14:30] | Haven’t you ever thought about it at all? | 你有没有想过这回事 |
[1:14:36] | lt seems to me you could make some girl wonderfully happy. | 你一定会让某个女人非常幸福的 |
[1:14:42] | Sure, l’ve thought about it. Who hasn’t? | 我当然想过 谁没有呢 |
[1:14:48] | lf l could ever meet the right sort of girl. | 但是要上哪找好女孩 |
[1:14:53] | Yeah, where are you gonna find her? | 要去哪里 |
[1:14:54] | Somebody that’s real. Somebody that’s alive. | 找生气勃勃的女人 |
[1:14:57] | They don’t come that way anymore. | 现在已经不多了 |
[1:15:04] | Have l ever thought about it? | 我当然想过 |
[1:15:08] | l’ve even been sucker enough to make plans. | 我还做了计划 |
[1:15:14] | You know, l saw an island in the Pacific once. | 我曾经看过太平洋中的一个小岛 |
[1:15:19] | Never been able to forget it. | 到现在还无法忘怀 |
[1:15:24] | That’s where l’d like to take her. | 我想带她到那儿去 |
[1:15:28] | She’d have to be the sort of a girl… | 她一定要是个 |
[1:15:31] | …who’d jump in the surf with me and love it as much as l did. | 像我一样喜爱冲浪的女人 |
[1:15:38] | You know, nights when you, the moon and the water all become one. | 有时你会感觉和月光海水融为一体 |
[1:15:47] | You feel you’re part of something big and marvellous. | 你觉得你自己忽然变得好伟大 |
[1:15:52] | That’s the only place to live. | 住在那儿再好不过了 |
[1:15:56] | The stars are so close overhead you feel | 你觉得自己似乎 |
[1:15:58] | you could reach up and stir them around. | 可以把星星摘下来 |
[1:16:07] | l’ve been thinking about it. | 我当然想过 |
[1:16:11] | Boy, if l could ever find a girl who was hungry for those things. | 我只要找到喜爱这些事物的女孩 |
[1:16:22] | Take me with you, Peter. Take me to your island. | 带我到你的小岛去吧 彼特 |
[1:16:24] | l want to do all those things you talked about. | 我要亲身体验你说的那些事 |
[1:16:29] | You better go back to your bed. | 你最好回到你的床上去吧 |
[1:16:32] | l love you. Nothing else matters. But we can run away. | 我爱你 其他的都不重要了 我们可以离开这里 |
[1:16:35] | Everything will take care of itself. Please, Peter… | 不会有事的 求求你 彼特 |
[1:16:40] | …l can’t let you out of my life now. | 我不让你离开我的生命 |
[1:16:44] | l couldn’t live without you. | 没有你 我活不下去 |
[1:16:56] | You’d better go back to your bed. | 你最好回床上去吧 |
[1:17:12] | l’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:17:49] | Hey, Brat! Did you mean that? Would you really go? | 小妞 你真的会去吗 |
[1:18:35] | Look, all l’m asking is enough gas to get me to New York. | 我只要换可以到纽约的油就够了 |
[1:18:38] | That bag’s worth $25. | 这个皮箱值25元 |
[1:18:40] | Yeah, but l got a bag. Wife gave me one for Christmas– | 但是我已有皮箱了 我妻子在圣诞节买了一个 |
[1:18:42] | Hey listen, here’s what l’ll do. l’ll come back in the morning… | 这样吧 我明天早上再向你买回来 |
[1:18:45] | …and buy it back from you with a $10 profit. | 这样你可以多赚10块 |
[1:18:47] | -What do you say? -l ain’t got a hat. | -你说什么 -我没有帽子 |
[1:18:50] | -What? -l ain’t got a hat. | -什么 -我没有帽子 |
[1:18:52] | Well, you got one now. Come on, fill her up. | 你现在有帽子了 加油吧 |
[1:19:02] | Where you been all this time? Everybody’s been asking about you. | 你这段时间跑到哪去了 大家都在找你 |
[1:19:06] | Yeah, yeah, ok, get me one drink. | 给我一杯酒 |
[1:19:07] | Nobody disturbs me for the next half hour. | 而且30分钟内别让人来吵我 |
[1:19:10] | Sure, boss. | 没问题 |
[1:19:14] | Hello, Agnes. | 嘿 爱格尼妮斯 |
[1:19:15] | -Don’t. He’ll shoot you on sight. -Haven’t been shot at in days. | -别进去 他会杀了你的 -我今天不会有事 |
[1:19:18] | -Get out of here! Get out! Get out! -Now listen, Joe. | -滚出去 滚出去 -听著 乔 |
[1:19:22] | Don’t “Joe” me. | 少来这一套 |
[1:19:23] | All right, Joe. Listen. | 乔 听著 |
[1:19:25] | You know l’ve always liked you. | 我一向很够意思 |
[1:19:26] | Anytime l could help you, ran across a good story… | 我一找到好新闻就会找你 |
[1:19:28] | …l came running to you with it, didn’t I? Well, l got one now. | 我现在就有大新闻 |
[1:19:31] | The wires were on the level. The biggest scoop year. | 这绝对是本年度最大的新闻 |
[1:19:34] | -And I’m going to give it to you. -You mean about the Andrews kid? | -我要把它交给你 -关于安德鲁的孩子 |
[1:19:36] | That’s it! l’ve got it all written up, ready to go. All l want is a $1,000. | 我已经写好了 马上就可以印了 我只要一千元 |
[1:19:39] | A $1,000? Get out of here before– | 一千块 滚出去 |
[1:19:41] | Don’t get sore. You gotta do this for me. | 不要生气 你一定要帮帮我 |
[1:19:43] | l need a $1,000 and l need it quick. l’m in a jam. | 我急需那笔钱 我有麻烦 |
[1:19:46] | What’s the $1,000 for? | 你要这一千元干嘛 |
[1:19:47] | To tear down the walls of Jericho. | 我要拆掉耶利哥之墙 |
[1:19:49] | Never mind. Supposing if l told you that… | 别管这些了 如果我告诉你 |
[1:19:51] | …Ellen Andrews will annul her marriage? No! | 爱莉·安德鲁要取消她的婚约 |
[1:19:53] | -Sh’s going to marry somebody else. -You’re drunk. | -而且要嫁给别人 -你喝醉了 |
[1:19:55] | Would such a story be worth $1,000 to you? | 这个消息值一千块吧 |
[1:19:57] | -lf it was on the level. -l got it, Joe. | -对 但是要有才行 -我有了 乔 |
[1:20:03] | -Who’s the guy she’s gonna marry? -l am, Joy. | -她要嫁给谁 -我 |
[1:20:07] | -You? -Yes. | -你 -对 |
[1:20:09] | Now l know you’re drunk. l’m going home. Don’t annoy me anymore. | 你果然醉了 我要回家了 别再烦我 |
[1:20:12] | For heaven sakes! Stop being an editor for a minute. | 乔 拜托你听我说好吗 |
[1:20:15] | Listen, we know each other. You ought to know when l’m serious. | 我们两个认识好久了 你应该知道我是认真的 |
[1:20:18] | This is on the level. l met her on a bus from Miami. | 这个故事千真万确 我在迈阿密开出的巴士上认识她 |
[1:20:21] | l’ve been with her every minute. l’m in love with her, Joy. | 我和她相处了好长一段时间 我爱上她了 乔 |
[1:20:23] | You gotta get me this money now, quick. Minutes count. | 乔 你一定要给我这笔钱 现在分秒必争 |
[1:20:26] | She’s waiting for me outside Philadelphia. | 她在费城外的汽车旅馆等我 |
[1:20:28] | l gotta get right back. She doesn’t even know l’m gone. | 我要马上回去 她根本不知道我走了 |
[1:20:32] | You know a guy can’t propose to a gal without a cent in the world, can he? | 我身无分文怎么向她求婚 |
[1:20:35] | What a story. On her way to join husband, Ellen Andrews– | 好一条新闻 “爱莉·安德鲁前往会见丈夫时” |
[1:20:40] | That’s it. That’s it. | 没错吧 |
[1:20:43] | Let me see that a minute. | 让我看看 |
[1:20:47] | Zeke! Zeke! Zeke! | 奇克 奇克 |
[1:20:52] | l told you, l told you, you couldn’t trust him. He’s gone. | 我说过不要信任他 他跑了吧 |
[1:20:55] | Who? | 谁 |
[1:20:56] | The fella who was gonna stay a week. That’s whom. | 那个说要呆一个星期的小子 |
[1:20:58] | He skipped and took the car with him, too. | 他开著车溜了 |
[1:21:00] | We wouldn’t have known till morning if l hadn’t took that magnesia. | 要不是我半夜起来 我们根本不会发觉 |
[1:21:03] | Come on! Get up, don’t lay there. Let’s do something about it. | 别躺在这儿了 快想想办法 |
[1:21:07] | Well, there ain’t nothing we can do if he’s gone. | 他走了我们也没有办法 |
[1:21:24] | See that? They’re gone. | 看吧 他们走了 |
[1:21:25] | Looks like it, don’t it? What’s this? | 好像是的 这是什么 |
[1:21:30] | Ma! Here’s the woman. | 那个女的还在 |
[1:21:32] | -What’s the matter? -Where’s your husband, young lady? | -怎么了 -小姐 你丈夫在哪儿 |
[1:21:35] | -Husband? -Yes, if he is your husband. | -丈夫 -如果他是你的丈夫的话 |
[1:21:40] | -lsn’t he here? -No, he ain’t. The car’s gone, too. | -他不在这儿吗 -不在 车也不见了 |
[1:21:45] | You got any money? | 你有钱吗 |
[1:21:48] | -No. -Then you’ll have to git! | -没有 -那你就得走 |
[1:21:49] | Yeah. You’ll have to git. | 没错 |
[1:21:54] | Please, may l use your phone? l’ve got to call New York. | 可以借用一下电话吗 我要打电话到纽约 |
[1:21:57] | You ain’t gonna stick me for no phone call. | 我不会借你电话打的 |
[1:21:59] | Go to the sheriff’s office, a quarter mile down the road. | 去找警察 离这儿0.25英里 |
[1:22:01] | They’ll fix you up. | 他们会借你用的 |
[1:22:06] | And listen, next time you better not come back here. | 下次别到这儿来了 |
[1:22:08] | l run a respectable place. | 我这儿可是高尚的旅馆 |
[1:22:14] | -Thanks, you saved my life. -Okay. So long kid and good luck. | -谢了 你救我一命 -快走吧 好运 |
[1:22:17] | Thanks, goodbye. You’re beautiful. All women are beautiful. | 谢谢 再见 你真的美极了 |
[1:22:22] | For my dough, he’s still the best newspaper man in the business. | 他还是最顶尖的记者 |
[1:22:25] | Get Hank, quick. Boy, what a yarn. what a yarn. | 我找汉克 快叫他听电话 |
[1:22:28] | -Hello? -Hold up the morning edition. | -你好 -我有大消息 |
[1:22:30] | Break down the front page. We’ll have a completely new layout. | 早报先不要印 我们要换头版 |
[1:22:33] | Send in a couple of rewrite men. And Hank, listen. Don’t do a thing. | 找些写稿的进来 汉克 先按兵不动 |
[1:22:36] | l’ve got a story that’ll make your hair curl. Wait a minute. | 我的头版保证精彩 等等 |
[1:22:39] | Yeah, yeah, don’t annoy me, l’m busy. | 别吵我 我在忙 |
[1:22:41] | Agnes, send Mike in here! | 艾格尼丝 把迈克叫进来 |
[1:22:43] | Dig up all the pictures on that Andrews kid. | 把安德鲁孩子的照片全找出来 |
[1:22:45] | And Hank, listen, get Haley out of bed. | 汉克 快从床上爬起来 |
[1:22:48] | l want a cartoon and l want it quick. | 我要你赶快帮我画一幅漫画 |
[1:22:50] | Westley’s in it. He’s waiting at the church… | 金·卫思利站在教堂前 |
[1:22:52] | …with tears on his face. The bride didn’t show up. | 泪流满面 他的新娘没有来 |
[1:22:56] | Old Man Andrews is laughing his head off. | 安德鲁老头也在笑得前仰后合 |
[1:22:57] | You know everything exaggerated. Yeah, snap into it. | 夸张一点 赶紧 |
[1:23:00] | Yeah, what is it? | 什么事 |
[1:23:04] | Ellen Andrews? You’re crazy. | 爱莉·安德鲁 你疯了 |
[1:23:06] | No, l’m no crazy. | 我没疯 |
[1:23:07] | She phoned her father from an auto camp and coming here and get her. | 她刚刚打电话叫她爸爸去接她 |
[1:23:10] | He’s getting a police escort and Westley’s going along too. | 他叫了一个警察护送 金·卫思利也去了 |
[1:23:13] | Yeah, yeah, she’s been travelling by bus. | 她一直坐巴士 |
[1:23:16] | The moment she found out her father and Westley made up, | 当她一发现她父亲和卫思利讲和 |
[1:23:18] | she phoned right in. | 就打电话回家 |
[1:23:19] | Okay, grab a car and stay with them. Get Hank again. | 开车跟著他们 再帮我接汉克一下 |
[1:23:23] | Agnes, get me a doctor, l’m gonna have a nervous breakdown. | 艾格尼丝 帮我找个医生 我快要精神崩溃了 |
[1:23:26] | Hank, forget what l told you. l’m having a nightmare, that’s all. | 忘了我刚和你说的话 那只是一场恶梦罢了 |
[1:23:28] | Agnes, you call the police department. Tell them to find Peter Warne. | 艾格尼丝 通知警方叫他们去抓彼特·华恩 |
[1:23:32] | Send out a general alarm. l want that dirty crook pinched. | 发出警报 我要逮到这个人渣 |
[1:23:35] | You want us? | 老板 你找我们吗 |
[1:23:36] | Yeah, change the front page! | 是的 把头版全部换掉 |
[1:23:38] | Ellen Andrews just phoned her father. | 爱莉·安德鲁刚刚决定要回家 |
[1:23:39] | She’s going home. The minute she found out Dad withdrew his objections. | 她一发现老爸不再反对就出面了 |
[1:23:42] | She gave herself up. Spread it all over the place! | 她不用再反抗了 消息已经传的到处都是了 |
[1:23:45] | Play it up big! Major league! “Love Triumphant.” | 快点 把消息发出去 头条就写”爱情万岁” |
[1:23:48] | Go on, hop to it. | 快去吧 |
[1:23:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:24:06] | Come on, baby. Come on! We gotta get there before she wakes up. | 加油 我们必须在她起床前到才行 |
[1:24:20] | Can’t you drive any faster? | 你不能快点吗 |
[1:24:25] | “Young people in love are never hungry” | “热恋中的年轻人感觉不到饿” |
[1:24:41] | Come on, baby. We’ve got a police escort. | 嘿 还有警方护送呢 |
[1:24:55] | Come on, baby. They can’t make a sucker out of us. | 加油 别让他们把我们看扁了 |
[1:25:01] | All right, come on. Step back. Give them room. | 退后点 给他们点空间 |
[1:25:05] | Come on, step back. | 退后点 |
[1:25:09] | How about a picture for the paper, Mr. Andrews? | 拍张照吧 安德鲁先生 |
[1:25:11] | Wait till she gets home. Later, boys. Later. | 等她回到家再说 之后再说 |
[1:25:24] | “He floats through the air with the greatest of ease | 他悠闲地漂浮在空中 |
[1:25:29] | “The daring young man on the flying trapeze” | 大胆的年轻人翱翔在空中 |
[1:25:47] | Hey, get that thing out of the way! | 开快点 |
[1:25:48] | Keep your britches on, we’ll get it out. | 别急嘛 |
[1:26:15] | Hey, you darn fool! | 你这个笨蛋 |
[1:27:22] | Hey, Pete! Ellen Andrews is going to marry that Westley guy again. | 彼特 爱莉又要嫁给金·卫思利了 |
[1:27:35] | Gordon’s out back some place. | 高登出去了 |
[1:27:38] | When he comes in, give him this. Tell him l was just kidding. | 他回来的时候把钱交给他 说我只是开玩笑的 |
[1:27:45] | -You can’t get a thing done around here. -Peter Warne was just in. | -好好工作 -彼特·华恩刚刚过来了 |
[1:27:47] | -What? -He left this money. | -什么 -他要我把钱交给你 |
[1:27:49] | -He said he was just kidding. -Where is he? | -他说他只是开玩笑的 -他在哪儿 |
[1:27:51] | -There he goes. -Hey, Pete! | -在那边 -彼特 |
[1:27:57] | Hello, Joy. l’m sorry, it was just a little gag. | 我只是想开开玩笑而已 |
[1:28:01] | l thought l’d have some fun with you. | 对不起 |
[1:28:01] | Yeah, sure you had me going for a little while, too. | 我还真被你唬得团团转 |
[1:28:04] | -lt wouldn’t have made a bad story at that. -No, great. | -不过这条新闻倒是不错 -真的 |
[1:28:08] | But that’s the way things go. You think you’ve got a great yarn… | 事情就是这样 有时候你觉得一切顺利 |
[1:28:11] | …and then something comes along and messes up the finish. And there you are. | 最后却毁于一旦 |
[1:28:16] | Yeah. Where am l? | 没错 就是这样 |
[1:28:24] | When you sober up, come in and talk to me. | 等你清醒后来找我谈谈 |
[1:28:29] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[1:28:55] | Ellie? | 爱莉 |
[1:28:57] | Oh, hello, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[1:28:58] | l knocked several times. | 我敲了好久的门 |
[1:29:00] | l’m sorry. l must have been daydreaming. | 对不起 我在做白日梦 |
[1:29:03] | Well, everything’s set. Creating quite a furore, too. | 一切都准备就绪了 场面还真不小呢 |
[1:29:08] | Great stunt King is going to pull. | 金安排了很多事 |
[1:29:11] | Stunt? | 什么 |
[1:29:12] | Yeah, he’s landing on the lawn in an autogyro. | 他要降落在草坪上 |
[1:29:14] | Oh, oh, yes. Yes, l heard. | 没错 我听他说过 |
[1:29:19] | Personally, l think it’s silly, too. | 我也觉得这样很傻 |
[1:29:22] | You look lovely, child. | 你看起来美极了 |
[1:29:24] | Are you pleased with the gown? | 你喜欢你的礼服吗 |
[1:29:28] | Ellie? | 爱莉 |
[1:29:31] | Oh, the gown. Yes, it’s nice, isn’t it? | 礼服啊 的确很美 对吧 |
[1:29:40] | What’s the matter, child? | 怎么了 孩子 |
[1:29:45] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[1:29:46] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[1:29:48] | You haven’t changed your mind about King, have you? | 你该不会改变心意了吧 |
[1:29:51] | Oh, no. | 没有 |
[1:29:52] | Because if you have, it isn’t too late. You know how l feel about him. | 现在还不太迟 你知道我对他的看法 |
[1:29:57] | Well, you gave me such a scare when l couldn’t find you. | 我找不到你 把我吓死了 |
[1:30:00] | You know, the old pump isn’t what it used to be. | 你老爸的年纪也大了 |
[1:30:03] | l’m sorry, Father. | 对不起 爸爸 |
[1:30:06] | l wouldn’t hurt you for anything in the world. You know that. | 我不想伤害你 |
[1:30:10] | What’s the matter, child? | 怎么了 孩子 |
[1:30:12] | Aren’t you happy? | 你不快乐吗 |
[1:30:16] | l thought so. | 我就知道 |
[1:30:17] | l knew there was something on your mind. | 你有心事 |
[1:30:24] | There, now. | 乖 别哭了 |
[1:30:29] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[1:30:30] | You haven’t fallen in love with someone else, have you? | 你不是爱上别人了吧 |
[1:30:36] | Have you? | 是吗 |
[1:30:40] | l haven’t seen you cry since you were a baby. | 你好久没有哭过了 |
[1:30:44] | This must be serious. | 事情一定很严重 |
[1:30:48] | Where’d you meet him? | 你在哪儿认识他的 |
[1:30:51] | On the road. | 路上 |
[1:30:53] | Now don’t tell me you’ve fallen in love with a bus driver? | 你该不会爱上开车的司机吧 |
[1:30:56] | Oh, no. | 不 不是 |
[1:31:02] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[1:31:05] | l don’t know very much about him. | 我不是很了解他 |
[1:31:07] | Except that l love him. | 只知道我爱他 |
[1:31:10] | Well, if it’s as serious as all that, we’ll move heaven and earth to– | 如果是这样的话 我就要想尽办法 |
[1:31:13] | No, it’s no use. He despises me. | 没有用的 他讨厌我 |
[1:31:17] | Oh, Come now. | 不会吧 |
[1:31:18] | Yes, he does. He despises everything about me. | 他真的讨厌我 |
[1:31:22] | He says that l’m spoiled and selfish and pampered and thoroughly insincere. | 他说我被宠坏了 又自私 娇生惯养 虚假 |
[1:31:28] | Oh, ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[1:31:30] | He doesn’t think so much of you, either. | 他也认为你不怎么样 |
[1:31:33] | Well, l– | 我 |
[1:31:34] | And he blames you for everything that’s wrong with me. | 他认为你把我教坏了 |
[1:31:37] | He says you raised me stupidly. | 他说你根本不知道怎么带小孩 |
[1:31:40] | And now that’s a fine man to fall in love with. | 你倒是真爱上个好人 |
[1:31:44] | He’s marvellous. | 他太棒了 |
[1:31:45] | Well, what are we going to do about it? Where is he? | 我们怎么办 他在哪儿 |
[1:31:50] | -l don’t know. -l’d like to have a talk with him. | -我不知道 -我想和他谈谈 |
[1:31:52] | Oh, it wouldn’t do any good. l practically threw myself at him. | 根本没有用的 我几乎可以说是对他投怀送抱 |
[1:31:57] | Under the circumstances, don’t you think we’d better call this thing off?. | 如果是这样 你不觉得该取消婚礼吗 |
[1:32:03] | No, l’ll go through with it. | 不用了 |
[1:32:04] | But that’s silly. Seeing the way you feel about him. | 这样做太傻了 既然你这样爱这个人 |
[1:32:08] | No, it doesn’t matter. l don’t want to stir up any more trouble. | 算了 我不想再惹麻烦 |
[1:32:11] | l’ve done it all my life. | 我这辈子都在惹麻烦 |
[1:32:13] | l’ve made your life miserable. And mine, too. | 我害怕我们两个人的日子都不好过 |
[1:32:18] | l’m tired, father. l’m tired of running around in circles. | 我累了 爸爸 我不想在原地打转 |
[1:32:24] | He’s right, that’s what l’ve been doing ever since l can remember. | 他说的对 我从小就是这样 |
[1:32:28] | l’ve got to settle down. | 我一定要安静下来 |
[1:32:31] | lt doesn’t matter how, where, or with whom. | 嫁给谁不要紧 |
[1:32:36] | You’ve changed, Ellie. | 你变了 爱莉 |
[1:32:39] | l can’t walk out on King now. lt would make us all look so ridiculous. | 我不能现在抛弃金 这会让我们变成大家的笑柄 |
[1:32:45] | Anyway, what difference does it make? | 算了 随大家去笑吧 |
[1:32:49] | l’ll never see Peter again. | 反正我也见不到彼特了 |
[1:32:51] | ls that his name? | 那是他的名字吗 |
[1:32:55] | Peter Warne. | 彼特·华恩 |
[1:32:58] | Peter Warne. | 彼特·华恩 |
[1:33:02] | Why, do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[1:33:04] | Why, no, no. | 不 |
[1:33:06] | Oh, father, you haven’t heard from him, have you? | 你该不会有他的消息吧 |
[1:33:08] | -Don’t be silly, of course. -Please, what’s that? | -别傻了 -求求你 这是什么 |
[1:33:25] | Well, l guess that was his only interest in me, wasn’t it? | 原来他跟我在一起是为了赏金 |
[1:33:28] | -The reward. -l’m sorry you read it. | -赏金 -很遗憾你看到这封信 |
[1:33:32] | -Are you going to see him? -l suppose so. | -你会见他吗 -大概吧 |
[1:33:35] | Certainly. Pay him off. He’s entitled to it. He did an excellent job. | 付他钱吧 这是他应得的 他的表现十分出色 |
[1:33:40] | He kept me thoroughly entertained. lt’s worth every penny he gets. | 他逗得我开心 应该得到这笔钱 |
[1:33:45] | Oh, thank you, Mary. That’s just what l needed. | 谢谢你 玛丽 这正是我需要的 |
[1:33:47] | Mr. Westley’s on his way up. | 卫思利先生已经到了 |
[1:33:50] | Fine, have him come in. | 快请他进来 |
[1:33:59] | l’ll be going. | 我要走了 |
[1:34:12] | well, if it isn’t the bridegroom himself. You’re just in time, King. | 新郎自己来了 你来的正是时候 金 |
[1:34:15] | How are you, Ellie? | 你好吗 爱莉 |
[1:34:16] | You happy? | 你快乐吗 |
[1:34:18] | Happy? Why shouldn’t l be happy? | 快乐 我为什么不快乐 |
[1:34:20] | Here we are, let’s drink. | 喝酒吧 |
[1:34:23] | lt’s up to you now. l want our life to be full of excitement. | 我的幸福全看你了 我希望我们的生活刺激有趣 |
[1:34:27] | We’ll never let up, will we? Never a dull moment. | 我们一定会过得很开心的 永远不会无聊 |
[1:34:30] | We’ll get on a merry-go-round and never get off. | 我们将永远开开心心的过 |
[1:34:33] | Promise you’ll never let me get off. | 答应我 你不会让我无聊 |
[1:34:35] | Whatever you say, darling. lt’s a promise. | 全听你的 宝贝 我保证 |
[1:34:52] | Hello? Yeah. Who? | 喂 谁 |
[1:34:59] | Why can’t l see you at your office? | 为什么我不能在你办公室见你 |
[1:35:01] | l’m leaving for Washington tonight. l may be gone several weeks. | 我今天晚上要去华盛顿 几个星期后才回来 |
[1:35:04] | l thought, perhaps, you’d like to get this thing settled. | 我想先把这件事搞定 |
[1:35:08] | Yeah. But l don’t like the idea of butting in on your jamboree. | 我不希望去闹场 |
[1:35:11] | Between you and me, those things give me a stiff pain. | 老实说 这种事让我非常反感 |
[1:35:14] | You don’t have to see anybody. You can come directly to my study. | 你谁都不见 你可以直接到我书房来 |
[1:35:17] | No. Why do l wanna– | 我为什么要 |
[1:35:23] | Hey, wait a minute, wait a minute. Maybe l will come over. Yeah. | 等等 也许我会过来 |
[1:35:28] | l’d like to get a load of that three ring circus you’re pulling. | 我想亲眼目睹你耍的花招 |
[1:35:31] | Yeah, l wanna see what love looks like when it’s triumphant. | 我要看看爱情万岁到底是什么样 |
[1:35:34] | l haven’t had a good laugh in a week. | 我好久没有开怀大笑了 |
[1:35:38] | Mr. Warne? | 华恩先生 |
[1:35:40] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:35:44] | -Sit down. -Thanks. | -请坐 -谢谢 |
[1:35:46] | l was surprised to get your note. My daughter hadn’t told me anything… | 我接到你的信非常意外 我女儿没有对我 |
[1:35:51] | …about you. About your helping her. | 提起过你 还有你帮助她的事 |
[1:35:52] | That’s typical of your daughter. Takes those things for granted. | 你女儿就是这样 完全不知感恩 |
[1:35:56] | Why did she think l lugged her from Miami, for the fivert? | 你以为我把她一路从迈阿密带回来 是为了消遣吗 |
[1:35:58] | She thinks you’re entitled to anything you can get. | 她认为那笔赏金是你应得的 |
[1:36:01] | Oh, she does? lsn’t that sweet of her? You don’t, l suppose. | 是吗 她真好 我想你没有同感 |
[1:36:05] | Well, l don’t know. l’ll have to see on what you base your claim. | 我不知道 我得先听听你的说法 |
[1:36:10] | l presume you feel justified. | 我想你认为自己应该得到这笔钱 |
[1:36:12] | lf l didn’t, l wouldn’t be here. l got it all itemised. | 否则我不会来了 我全部列出来 |
[1:36:18] | “Cash outlay, $8.60. Top coat, $15. | “现金支出8块6毛 外套15块” |
[1:36:23] | “Suitcase, $7.50. Hat, $4. | “皮箱7块半 帽子4块” |
[1:36:26] | “Three shirts, $4.50. Total, $39.60. | “三件衬衣4块半 总共39块6毛” |
[1:36:32] | “All of the above items had to be sold to buy gasoline.” | “本人出售以上物品以购得汽油” |
[1:36:36] | And l sold some shorts and socks, too. l’m throwing those in. | 还买了几条内裤和袜子 这些也要加上去 |
[1:36:39] | -Yes, l know. -What’s the matter? lsn’t it cheap enough? | -我知道 -怎么样 这样还不够便宜吗 |
[1:36:42] | Trip like that’d cost you a $1,000, maybe more. | 这样的旅程会花费你1000元 甚至更多 |
[1:36:45] | Now, let me get this straight. | 让我搞清楚 |
[1:36:46] | You want $39.60 in addition to the $10,000? | 你除了那一万元之外还要再拿39块6毛 |
[1:36:51] | What 10,000? | 什么一万块 |
[1:36:53] | The reward. | 那笔赏金啊 |
[1:36:55] | Who said anything about a reward? | 谁说还要赏金来著 |
[1:36:57] | l’m afraid l’m a little bit confused. l assumed– | 我有点搞糊涂了 我以为 |
[1:37:00] | Look, look, look, all l want is $39.60. | 听著 我只要39块6毛 |
[1:37:03] | lf you give me a check for it, l’ll get out of this joint. | 你开支票给我 我就离开这儿 |
[1:37:05] | lt gives me the jitters. | 这里让我毛骨悚然 |
[1:37:07] | -You’re a peculiar chap. -We’ll go into that some other time. | -你真是怪人 -这个我以后再聊 |
[1:37:11] | The average man would go after the reward. | 一般的人想破头也要那笔赏金 |
[1:37:13] | Did anybody ever make a sucker out of you? | 你从没有被人愚弄过吗 |
[1:37:16] | lt’s a matter of principle. You probably wouldn’t understand. | 这是原则问题 你大概对这没有概念 |
[1:37:19] | When anybody takes me for a buggy ride, | 如果你被人耍得团团转 |
[1:37:21] | l don’t like paying for the privilege. | 难道还会甘心帮他付钱吗 |
[1:37:23] | Were you taken for a buggy ride? | 你被人耍得团团转吗 |
[1:37:25] | Yes. With all the trimmings. So how about the check, do l get it? | 对 一点都不假 你到底要不要开支票给我 |
[1:37:30] | -Certainly. -Thanks. | -当然 -谢了 |
[1:37:46] | Here you are. | 拿去 |
[1:37:48] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[1:37:50] | Wait, do you mind if l ask you a question, frankly? | 等等 我可以问你一个问题吗 |
[1:37:54] | Do you love my daughter? | 你爱我女儿吗 |
[1:37:57] | Any guy in love with your daughter should be examined. | 任何爱上你女儿的男人脑筋都有问题 |
[1:38:00] | No, that’s an evasion. | 这太武断了 |
[1:38:02] | She picked herself a perfect running mate, | 她自己选择了自己的终身伴侣 |
[1:38:04] | King Westley. The pill of the century. | 就是讨厌的金·卫思利 |
[1:38:06] | She needs a guy that’d sock her once a day | 她需要一个不时修理她的男人 |
[1:38:09] | whether it’s coming to her or not. | 不管她是不是活该 |
[1:38:10] | lf you were wiser, you’d have done it yourself long ago. | 要是你有脑筋的话 你早就修理她了 |
[1:38:14] | Do you love her? | 你爱她吗 |
[1:38:15] | A normal man couldn’t live with her without going nutty. | 正常人会被她逼疯的 |
[1:38:18] | She’s my idea of nothing. | 她是一个不折不扣的疯子 |
[1:38:19] | l asked you a simple question! Do you love her? | 我问了你一个简单的问题 你爱她吗 |
[1:38:22] | Yes! Now don’t hold that against me! l’m a little screwy myself! | 是的 但别因此小看我 我自己也有点搞不清了 |
[1:38:29] | Well, here’s to the merry-go-round. | 祝我们幸福美满的婚姻 |
[1:38:38] | Perfect. Now you look natural. | 好极了 你现在看起来自然极了 |
[1:38:46] | -l hope you got your money. -You bet l did. | -我希望你拿到钱了 -那当然 |
[1:38:48] | -Congratulations. -Thanks. Same to you. | -恭喜 -谢了 彼此彼此 |
[1:38:51] | Stay around and watch the fun. You’ll enjoy it immensely. | 留下来观礼嘛 一定会很好玩的 |
[1:38:54] | l would, but l’ve got a weak stomach. | 谢了 可是我的胃不太好 |
[1:39:03] | -l just had a long talk with him. -l’m not interested. | -我刚和他长谈过 -我没兴趣 |
[1:39:06] | Now just a minute, Ellie. | 你先听我说 爱莉 |
[1:39:07] | l don’t want to hear another word about him. | 我不要听和他有关的事 |
[1:39:23] | Come on, folks. King Westley has arrived. Come on! | 各位 金·卫思利到了 |
[1:40:20] | Here they come, boys. Turn them over. | 他们来了 开始吧 |
[1:40:51] | You’re a sucker to go through with this. | 你若执意成婚就太傻了 |
[1:40:55] | That guy, Warne, is okay. | 那个华恩不错 |
[1:40:57] | He didn’t want the reward. All he asked for was $39.60. | 他不要赏金 他只要39块6毛 |
[1:41:02] | lt’s what he spent on you. Said it was a matter of principle. | 赔偿他花在你身上的钱 说这是原则问题 |
[1:41:05] | You took him for a ride. | 说你耍得他团团转 |
[1:41:13] | He loves you, Ellie. He told me so. | 他爱你 爱莉 他亲口告诉我的 |
[1:41:19] | You don’t want to be married to a mug like Westley. | 你不会想嫁给卫思利这种蠢才 |
[1:41:23] | l can buy him off for a pot of gold. | 我可以收买他 |
[1:41:29] | And you can make an old man happy. | 你会让我这个老头 |
[1:41:32] | And you won’t do so bad for yourself. | 和你自己都很快乐的 |
[1:41:35] | lf you change your mind, your car’s waiting at the back gate. | 如果你改变心意的话 你的车就在外面等你 |
[1:41:49] | Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God… | 各位好友 我们今天群聚在此 |
[1:41:52] | …and in the face of this company, | 见证这对年轻男女 |
[1:41:55] | to join together this man and this woman… | 许下婚姻盟约 |
[1:41:56] | …in holy matrimony. lf any man can show | 如果有任何人 |
[1:41:58] | just cause why they may not lawfully… | 觉得他们不该互定终身 |
[1:42:01] | …be joined together, let him now speak or else, | 就现在提出意义 |
[1:42:04] | hereafter forever, hold his peace. | 否则永不得表示意见 |
[1:42:09] | King, will thou have this woman to thy wedded wife | 金 你愿意娶这名女子为妻 |
[1:42:13] | so long as you both shall live? | 致死方休吗 |
[1:42:14] | l will. | 我愿意 |
[1:42:17] | Ellen, will thou have this man to thy wedded husband… | 爱莉 你愿意嫁给这名男子为妻 |
[1:42:20] | ..so long as you both shall live? | 致死方休吗 |
[1:42:26] | Ellen! | 爱莉 |
[1:42:28] | Ellie! | 爱莉 |
[1:43:00] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[1:43:01] | l haven’t the slightest idea. | 我不知道 |
[1:43:19] | Don’t want to talk to you. Don’t want to talk to anybody. | 我现在不想见任何人 也不想跟任何人讲电话 |
[1:43:23] | Don’t want to see anybody. | 我现在不想见任何人 |
[1:43:24] | But it’s King Westley on the phone. | 金·卫思利打电话来 |
[1:43:30] | Hello, my would be ex-son-in-law. | 你好 我的准前任女婿 |
[1:43:33] | l’ve sent you a check for $100,000. | 我已经寄了一张十万块的支票给你 |
[1:43:36] | That’s the smartest thing you ever did, Westley, | 不反对解除婚约 |
[1:43:38] | not to contest that annulment. | 是你这辈子做过最聪明的事 |
[1:43:41] | That’s satisfactory, isn’t it? lt ought to be. | 很不错 对吧 |
[1:43:45] | l’m not complaining. Not complaining. lt was dirt-cheap. | 我完全没有怨言 实在太便宜了 |
[1:43:50] | Don’t fall out of any windows! | 小心别从窗户跌出去 |
[1:43:54] | There’s another wire from Peter. They’re in Glen Falls, Michigan. | 这是彼特寄来的电报 他们在密西根格伦瀑布 |
[1:43:58] | “What’s holding up the annulment, you slowpoke. | 婚姻为什么还没有撤消 |
[1:44:02] | “The walls of Jericho are toppling.” | 耶利哥之墙已经开始倒塌 |
[1:44:07] | Send him a telegram right away. Just say, “Let them topple.” | 寄一封电报回去给他 就说”让它倒吧” |
[1:44:14] | -Funny couple, ain’t they? -Yeah. | -很有趣的一对夫妻 对吧 -没错 |
[1:44:16] | lf you ask me, l don’t believe they’re married. | 我不相信他们结婚了 |
[1:44:19] | They’re married, all right. l just seen the license. | 他们是结婚了 我看到他们的结婚证书 |
[1:44:22] | They made me get them a rope and a blanket, | 今天这种天气 |
[1:44:23] | on a night like this. | 他们还要我给他们一条绳子和一张毛毯 |
[1:44:26] | What do you reckon that’s for? | 他们在搞什么鬼 |
[1:44:27] | Blamed if l know. l just brought them a trumpet. | 我不知道 他们刚刚还要我给他们一支号角 |
[1:44:30] | A trumpet? | 号角 |
[1:44:32] | A toy. They sent me to the store to get it. | 就是店里那种玩具号角 |
[1:44:33] | What in the world do they want a trumpet for? | 他们要号角干嘛 |
[1:44:36] | Don’t know. | 我不知道 |