时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | I think you intend to return to that beach, | 我觉得你想重回海滩 |
[00:08] | and seize every last ounce of gold off of it, | 把那儿的金币尽数拿走 |
[00:11] | and I think you’re going to need my help to do it. | 我还认为你需要我的帮助 |
[00:13] | I have committed men and resources | 我有忠诚的手下及资源能助你 |
[00:15] | to aid you in retrieving the Urca gold, | 夺回厄卡号上的金币 |
[00:17] | in exchange for which you assured me, | 但作为回报 你必须保证 |
[00:19] | expelling Captain Vane from that fort. | 帮我把韦恩船长赶出堡垒 |
[00:21] | We’ll procure a ship, we’ll recruit men, | 先搞到一艘船 然后招募船员 |
[00:23] | and we’ll create from nothing, a new crew. | 我们将创造出一支崭新的船队 |
[00:26] | You asked for better captains. | 你们想要更称职的船长… |
[00:27] | I give you Captain Jack Rackham. | 非我杰克·拉克姆莫属 |
[00:28] | I can’t be your wife, Jack. | 我不能做你的妻子 杰克 |
[00:30] | You and I are gonna be partners till they put us in the ground. | 但是在他们把我们弄死之前 我们都是一条绳上的蚂蚱 |
[00:33] | That is the crown jewel taken from the Good Fortune prize. | 这就是好运气号战利品中的无上至宝 |
[00:37] | Her father’s Lord Peter Ashe, | 她父亲是彼得·艾什勋爵 |
[00:39] | governor of the Carolina Colony. | 卡罗莱纳殖民地的总督 |
[00:40] | Her father is a very influential man, | 她父亲非常有影响力 |
[00:43] | he and I were friends. | 他和我曾是朋友 |
[00:44] | When you return her to her father, | 当你将她送回她父亲手上时 |
[00:45] | you’re going to explain | 记得跟他解释 |
[00:46] | what it is you’re trying to accomplish here. | 你想在这里完成什么伟业 |
[00:48] | A Nassau that can self-govern. | 拿骚自治 |
[00:50] | You are no longer a hostage. | 你不再是人质了 |
[00:52] | I’m gonna get you out of here. | 我会救你出去 |
[00:53] | You will turn on absolutely anyone, won’t you? | 你可以背叛任何人 是吗 |
[00:56] | Listen to me clearly. | 给我听好了 |
[00:57] | You will hear from me again. | 我不会放过你的 |
[01:00] | You think there’s something valuable enough to make | 你认为有足够宝贵的东西 |
[01:01] | the British Navy forget that you and I are pirates? | 足以使英国海军不追究你我是海盗这个事实吗 |
[01:04] | Not what, who. | 不是东西 是谁 |
[01:06] | This is Eleanor Guthrie, | 这是埃莉诺·格斯里 |
[01:07] | the trade boss in Nassau. | 拿骚贸易首领 |
[01:08] | Imagine sir, how London would react | 试想一下 先生 伦敦那边看到 |
[01:10] | to the arrival of the queen of thieves. | 这位女贼头会有什么反应 |
[01:12] | I am so very sorry for what– | 我为我的作为道歉 |
[01:14] | – You destroyed our lives! – Miranda– | -你毁了我们的生活 -米兰达 |
[01:16] | I want to see that noose around your neck, | 待到那绞索绕在你脖子上 |
[01:19] | and I want to pull the lever with my own two ha– ! | 我想亲自扳动推杆吊死你 |
[01:22] | I have placed Captain Flint under arrest! | 我已将弗林特船长逮捕 |
[01:24] | His trial will be swift and final! | 他的最终审判将立刻执行 |
[01:27] | Flint stole from me, and I’m making it right. | 弗林特偷了我的东西 我要取回应得的 |
[01:29] | You hate Flint, I hate Flint. | 你恨弗林特 我也恨他 |
[01:32] | But right now, he’s talking about how we survive, | 但现在他想的是如何能让大家度过 |
[01:35] | what comes next. | 即将来临的劫难 |
[01:36] | I suggest we get him the hell out of there. | 我提议 我们去把他救出来 |
[01:39] | Everyone is a monster to someone. | 每个人心中都有仇敌 |
[01:41] | Since you are so convinced that I am yours, i will be it. | 既然你如此坚信你们的敌人是我 那我就当 |
[01:44] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[01:46] | Figured if anyone was going to make a trophy of you, | 我想如果有人要拿你当战利品 |
[01:48] | it really ought to be me. | 那也应该是我 |
[01:55] | Her word, will be the last word for this place. | 她的话将成为这个地方的遗言 |
[01:59] | My men will need to lean on something solid. | 我的人需要一个坚实的依靠 |
[02:01] | They look to me for that, | 他们会指望我 |
[02:02] | but they’ll also look to their new quartermaster. | 但是也会指望他们的新舵手 |
[02:05] | There’s something you ought to know, | 我有件事要告诉你 |
[02:07] | before my misfortune at the hands of Vane’s leftenants, | 在我遭韦恩副手严刑拷问之前 |
[02:11] | our friend, the scout, confessed something to me. | 我们的探子朋友向我坦白了一件事 |
[02:14] | He told me that he could sell the gold’s location | 他说他把金币所在地点卖给了其他船队 |
[02:16] | to another crew in exchange for a larger share of the prize. | 以换取更高的分成 |
[03:04] | Mast approaching, starboard side! | 右舷有船接近 |
[03:26] | Rig the capstan! | 收起绞盘 |
[03:40] | Sir? | 先生 |
[03:42] | There are men here to see– | 有人求见… |
[04:06] | May I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[04:10] | You’re Drummond. | 你是德拉蒙德 |
[04:12] | Mary’s your wife. | 玛丽是你妻子 |
[04:15] | Mary’s our sister. | 玛丽是我们的姐妹 |
[04:18] | Caleb, Tom, and… | 凯勒 汤姆 和… |
[04:23] | – Edgar. – Edgar, that’s right. | -埃德加 -埃德加 没错 |
[04:26] | And you came all the way from Williamsburg | 你们大老远的从威廉斯堡赶过来 |
[04:30] | just to be upset with me? | 就是为了找我不痛快吗 |
[04:32] | We came from Williamsburg | 我们从威廉斯堡过来 |
[04:34] | to make sure that you honored your vows to her. | 是为了确保你会遵守对她许下的誓言 |
[04:38] | End of today, either you’re gonna be her current husband | 今天 如果你不乖乖做回她的丈夫 |
[04:42] | or her late one. | 就等着成为她的亡夫吧 |
[04:46] | I’m sorry, but, um, there’s someplace I have to be. | 抱歉 但是我得去个地方 |
[04:53] | You’re coming with us. | 你得跟我们走 |
[04:56] | I understand your anger, | 我理解你的愤怒 |
[04:59] | but I’ve lived long enough | 但我活了这么久 |
[05:00] | to know that any promise made beside the word “Forever” | 早就明白任何加上”永远”的誓言 |
[05:07] | is no more than a lie agreed upon. | 几乎等同于公认的谎言 |
[05:10] | There is no forever. | 根本没有永远 |
[05:13] | Everything moves towards its end. | 一切都会走向终结 |
[05:16] | And the closer we get to ours, the louder that clock ticks, | 我们越是走向终结 时钟走得越响 |
[05:21] | the less a sane man would let a promise | 一个理智的人就越是不会让承诺 |
[05:23] | deprive him of happiness. | 剥夺了他的幸福 |
[05:26] | I explained all this to Mary, | 我和玛丽解释过这一切 |
[05:29] | who told me she understood | 她跟我说她理解我 |
[05:30] | and that she would not protest our separation. | 并不会对我们的分离提出异议 |
[05:34] | Are you calling my sister a liar? | 你是说我们的妹妹是个骗子 |
[05:42] | You’re here. | 既然你来了 |
[05:44] | I can think of at least three lies | 我至少能想出 |
[05:47] | she must have told you to bring that about. | 她会告诉你们的三个谎言 |
[05:50] | First, I imagine she told you | 首先 我想她会告诉你 |
[05:53] | I retired from a prosperous trade | 我做了笔大生意 准备功成身退 |
[05:55] | to settle with her here. | 和她在这安定下来 |
[05:57] | But what she likely did not mention | 但她可能没有提过 那生意… |
[06:00] | is that that trade was high seas piracy. | 其实是在公海上打劫其他船只 |
[06:04] | Second, she told you my name was Drummond, | 第二 她告诉你我的名字叫德拉蒙德 |
[06:08] | but when I plied that trade, | 但我在做那种生意的时候 |
[06:11] | I was called Teach. | 一般都叫我蒂奇 |
[06:15] | And third, | 第三 |
[06:16] | she clearly led you to believe | 她显然让你们以为 |
[06:21] | that you could point your sword in my direction | 你在我面前对我拔剑相向后 |
[06:26] | and survive the experience. | 还能留下性命 |
[06:37] | This, too, was something less than the truth. | 这一点也跟事实大相径庭 |
[07:11] | Nassau awaits. | 拿骚正等着我们 |
[07:15] | Let us away. | 走吧 |
[09:11] | Who goes there? | 谁在那里 |
[09:14] | I said, “Who goes there? | 我问谁在那里呢 |
[10:46] | You are the magistrate here. | 你是这里的治安官 |
[10:50] | Hazzard. | 哈扎德 |
[10:52] | Bridgetown, St. Kitts, | 布里奇顿 圣基茨岛 |
[10:56] | Martinique, Nevis… | 马提尼克 尼维斯 |
[10:59] | their magistrates hanged men for piracy. | 那里的治安官会因海盗行为将人绞死 |
[11:03] | They all receive visits from me. | 我都一一拜访过他们了 |
[11:06] | The word went forth– | 消息已经传开 |
[11:09] | any capital sentence served against a pirate would hear my answer. | 对海盗执行死刑就等着我上门拜访吧 |
[11:15] | You must’a known. You must’a heard. | 你肯定知道 你肯定听说过 |
[11:20] | And yet you chose to hang those three men in your square. | 但你还是选择把这三个人绞死在你的广场上 |
[11:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:30] | If I didn’t– | 如果我不… |
[11:33] | if I let my fear of you | 如果我因惧怕你 |
[11:35] | prevent me from enforcing the law, | 而不敢秉公执法 |
[11:39] | then civilization in this place is dead. | 那这里还有什么文明可言 |
[11:43] | I also know that most of those other magistrates you visited, | 我也知道你所拜访的大多治安官 |
[11:48] | they were corrupt men, dishonest men. | 都是腐败奸邪之人 |
[11:53] | I wagered that despite all I’d heard about you, | 我敢打赌 不管传闻中你是怎样的人 |
[11:55] | your mercilessness, your cruelty, | 说你冷酷 说你残忍 |
[11:59] | that you could tell the difference. | 但你能看清其中的区别 |
[12:01] | That you could see I was an honest man. | 你能看到我是一个正直的人 |
[12:04] | No! | 不要 |
[12:06] | No, no, no. | 不要 不要 |
[12:13] | No! | 不要 |
[12:45] | Keep ’em coming! | 继续搬 |
[12:47] | Throw down a rope! | 扔根绳索下来 |
[12:49] | We need it to pull up plunder! | 我们得把战利品拉上去 |
[12:52] | Keep movin’ up the decks, down below. | 继续往船上搬 绳索下来点 |
[12:59] | How many more you got comin’ up? | 后面还有多少 |
[13:01] | Another three. | 还有三车 |
[13:03] | Is it done? | 搞定了吗 |
[13:06] | It is. | 是的 |
[13:07] | Once the plunder is stowed, get us underway. | 等东西搬完 立刻启程 |
[13:11] | Every man to his charge. | 所有人归位 |
[13:12] | Looks like we garnered a good haul out of it. | 看来我们收获不少 |
[13:15] | Get everything into the hold. | 东西全装进船舱 |
[13:16] | The men did well under the circumstances. | 兄弟们很拼命 |
[13:18] | Not all of them. | 有人不是 |
[13:22] | Lost his nerve. I want him replaced on the vanguard | 他吓破了胆 我们下次突袭前 |
[13:25] | before we go over the side again. | 你把他从先锋里换下来 |
[13:27] | He lost his footing. | 他是没站稳 |
[13:29] | I don’t think it had anything to do with his nerve. | 我觉得这跟胆量没关系 |
[13:31] | Replace him. | 换了他 |
[13:36] | He’s getting worse. | 他的情况越来越糟了 |
[13:39] | He’s fine. | 他没事 |
[13:41] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[13:42] | We just faced a band of colonial regulars out there. | 我们才在那跟殖民地正规军交过锋 |
[13:44] | He’s entitled to a mood. | 他耍耍脾气很正常 |
[14:07] | Is it her? | 是那船吗 |
[14:10] | It’s her. Right where she’s supposed to be. | 是的 就在预计航线上 |
[14:17] | Bring us alongside. | 追上去 |
[14:19] | Spread your sheets! Stand ready with grapples! | 扬帆前进 准备好铁钩 |
[14:22] | Spread the sheets! | 扬帆前进 |
[14:24] | Ready the grapples! | 准备铁钩 |
[14:27] | His men are jumping ship. | 他的船员在跳船 |
[14:30] | They aren’t his men. | 那不是他的船员 |
[14:31] | They’re his cargo. | 是他的货物 |
[14:34] | When Jack asked me to hunt her, | 杰克让我追击这船时 |
[14:37] | he said she was hauling timber. | 说船上运的是木材 |
[14:39] | He said the supplies were badly needed for fort repairs. | 说修复堡垒急需建筑材料 |
[14:43] | Funny… | 有意思 |
[14:45] | I don’t remember him saying anything about slaves. | 我可不记得他说过奴隶的事 |
[15:58] | You know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[16:01] | What you cannot know is where I come from, | 你不知道的是 我从哪里来 |
[16:04] | what I once was. | 我曾经是什么人 |
[16:08] | If you knew that, | 如果你知道 |
[16:11] | I imagine you would’ve made different choices today. | 我猜你今天就不会这样 |
[16:33] | The evidence has been delivered. | 证物已被呈上 |
[16:36] | The accused has been measured. | 被告也已被考量 |
[16:40] | Now let us talk about judgment. | 现在来说说判决吧 |
[16:44] | Miss Guthrie, do you have anything to say in your defense | 格斯里小姐 在判决下达之前 |
[16:48] | before sentence is pronounced? | 你还要为自己辩护吗 |
[16:51] | I have but one regret… | 我只有一个遗憾 |
[16:54] | …that though the pirates of Nassau | 虽然拿骚的海盗 |
[16:57] | filled my purse with coin, | 填满了我的腰包 |
[16:59] | I never took the opportunity | 我却没抓住机会 |
[17:01] | to let them fill me with anything else. | 让他们填满我的其他地方 |
[17:09] | – I apologize. – Miss Guthrie… | -对不起 -格斯里小姐 |
[17:11] | This must seem in such poor taste to you. | 这对你来说肯定不是滋味 |
[17:14] | I assume this is your production. | 我想这是你的作品吧 |
[17:17] | Were the world as I wished it, | 如果这世道如我所愿 |
[17:18] | news of Eleanor’s trial would be received | 埃莉诺为这个地方付出了这么多 |
[17:20] | with the gravity due to someone who did so much for this place. | 她受审的消息应该被大家严肃地对待 |
[17:24] | They are who they are, | 但他们就是这样的人 |
[17:25] | and someone must provide them with the things they need. | 总要有人给他们提供需要的东西 |
[17:28] | Right now, this is what they need. | 现在 这就是他们所需要的 |
[17:30] | …found guilty of these and countless other crimes | 因这些以及数不胜数的其他罪名认定有罪 |
[17:34] | for which the sentence… | 判决… |
[17:38] | is death. | 死刑 |
[17:52] | Any news from London? | 有伦敦方面的消息吗 |
[17:54] | The trial is set to begin sometime next week. | 审判定于下周开始 |
[17:56] | The spectacle around it is said to be so great, | 声势据说非常浩大 |
[17:58] | the king himself receives daily updates. | 国王本人每天查问进展 |
[18:00] | Hmm. With that much attention on the politics in play, | 在众人瞩目的政治斡旋中 |
[18:04] | do you believe there is any way | 你觉得她有可能 |
[18:05] | she will be offered some sort of clemency? | 被从轻发落吗 |
[18:08] | I would think there is always a chance for mercy | 我认为对于悔过求生的人来说 |
[18:10] | for one willing to beg for it. | 宽恕总是有机会的 |
[18:30] | But I do not imagine you came to see our play. | 但我真没想到你会来看我们的表演 |
[18:33] | What is it I can do for you? | 有什么能帮你吗 |
[18:35] | When Captains Flint and Rackham made their pact those months ago, | 弗林特和拉克姆船长几个月前签订协议 |
[18:38] | settled their differences over the possession of the Urca gold, | 解决了分配厄卡号金币的分歧 |
[18:41] | they asked me to oversee the restoration of the fort. | 他们让我来做修复堡垒的监工 |
[18:45] | To ensure Nassau was protected. | 确保拿骚固若金汤 |
[18:47] | But without the men to do the work, there is no progress. | 但如果没人去干活的话 这些都是白说 |
[18:50] | The fort remains compromised and we are all exposed. | 堡垒仍是断壁残垣 我们都无处可藏 |
[18:52] | And since Captain Vernon’s crew walked off the site, | 而弗农船长的人从那儿撤走以后 |
[18:54] | there’s been little to no labor provided to me at all. | 几乎没有能供我差遣的人了 |
[18:57] | It’s only been a few days. | 才刚过几天而已 |
[18:59] | Give him a break. | 让他喘口气 |
[19:01] | It’s been two weeks. | 已经两周了 |
[19:08] | You wanted to replace Eleanor. | 你想取代埃莉诺 |
[19:10] | She was the one Nassau relied upon | 拿骚曾经全靠她来解决 |
[19:12] | to solve those problems no one else could or would. | 这些没人能够或愿意解决的问题 |
[19:16] | I hope for all our sakes you are up to the task. | 我希望你能为了大家的利益担起这个重任 |
[19:24] | – He said he would see this done. – I know. | -他说他会管这事的 -我知道 |
[19:27] | He assured everyone he would be responsible for restoring the fort. | 他向所有的人保证他会负责把堡垒修好 |
[19:31] | The street comes to me | 满大街的人都跑来问我 |
[19:32] | with the problems it cannot solve for itself, | 这些不会凭空平息的难题 |
[19:34] | and right now Jack is first among them. | 而现在杰克就是首要的问题 |
[19:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:40] | Fuck’s sake. I’ll go talk to him. | 操 我去找他谈谈 |
[20:47] | Thank you, Celeste. | 谢谢你 塞莱斯特 |
[20:54] | I have no notes. | 你下去吧 |
[21:00] | Fuckin’ leeches down there. | 下面的人都他妈是一群吸血鬼 |
[21:02] | You ain’t careful, they’re gonna bleed you dry. | 你不提防着点 他们会把你吸干的 |
[21:04] | What man wouldn’t, given the opportunity, | 有机会的话 哪个男人 |
[21:06] | purchase the adoration of the masses when the cost is so small? | 会不趁着极小的成本买大众之爱慕呢 |
[21:10] | That mess is costing you 100 pound a day. | 你得每天往那种破事儿上砸一百磅 |
[21:12] | Well, in about 800 years, you’ll be able to say, “I told you so.” | 那八百年后你就能说”我早跟你说过” |
[21:15] | In the meantime, perhaps we might at least enjoy ourselves. | 在此期间 我们至少能尽情欢乐 |
[21:17] | Why ain’t there anyone up at the fort? | 堡垒那儿为什么一个人都没派去 |
[21:21] | I’d like to thank you for at least allowing me to finish wiping | 非常感谢你 在你发脾气之前 |
[21:23] | before starting that song. | 还能让我先把屁股擦完了 |
[21:25] | It’s been two weeks. What you waiting for? | 已经两周了 你还在等什么 |
[21:27] | – I’m working on it. – Are you? | -我在着手了 -是吗 |
[21:30] | ‘Cause it sure as shit don’t look like | 因为看起来你压根儿 |
[21:31] | you’re working on anything here. | 什么事都没干 |
[21:32] | Well, you should spend more time here. | 那你真应该多在这儿待待 |
[21:34] | – It’s a process. – I’m not fuckin’ around, Jack. | -这需要个过程 -我不是闲得慌 杰克 |
[21:37] | I need to know. | 我要了解清楚 |
[21:38] | Do you need to know or does your husband? | 是你 还是你丈夫要了解 |
[21:39] | You know I hate it when you call her that. | 你知道我讨厌你那样叫她 |
[21:41] | Course I do. That’s why I call her that. | 我当然知道 所以我才那样叫她 |
[21:43] | She’s got a right to be angry. | 她生气也不是没道理 |
[21:45] | Her share of the gold is sitting up there, | 她的那份金子就在那儿晾着 |
[21:47] | – along with mine. – And mine. | -还有我的 -我的也一样 |
[21:49] | Please, relay to whom you must, | 那请你务必转告她 |
[21:50] | Jack Rackham is not lazy. Jack Rackham is not stupid. | 杰克·拉克姆不懒 杰克·拉克姆不傻 |
[21:53] | Jack Rackham is not blind. | 杰克·拉克姆不瞎 |
[21:54] | And Jack Rackham is not unaware that currently | 杰克·拉克姆也知道目前 |
[21:56] | there are no men working on that fort. | 还没有人在做堡垒的修缮工作 |
[21:57] | That said, on the list of people on this island | 也就是说 这座岛上的所有 |
[22:00] | who are most concerned with seeing that fort restored, | 想看到堡垒得以重建的人中 |
[22:02] | there is everyone else, and then there is one name | 比起其他所有人 |
[22:05] | that’s– that’s way at the top of it. | 都更加关心这件事的人 |
[22:10] | Jack Rackham. Yeah. | 就是杰克·拉克姆 |
[22:11] | Jack Rackham, exactly. | 杰克·拉克姆 没错 |
[22:12] | Don’t treat me like I’m someone else. | 别他妈拿对别人那套来糊弄我 |
[22:13] | I’m on your fucking side of this, | 我他妈在这事儿上跟是你一边的 |
[22:15] | same as I’ve always been. | 一如既往地站在你这边 |
[22:18] | I am just asking you to tell me what the plan is. | 我只是想知道你的计划是什么 |
[22:21] | Jack! | 杰克 |
[22:27] | You’re about to find out. | 你马上就会知道了 |
[23:01] | Your days of approaching unannounced are behind you. | 你这脚步声大的也是没法再参与突袭了 |
[23:07] | I reassigned Mr. Dobbs off the vanguard, | 我把道布森先生从先锋小队撤下来了 |
[23:09] | as you asked. | 如你所要求的 |
[23:11] | I told him his skill in the rig | 我告诉他 他在船桅上的技术 |
[23:12] | was too valuable to risk putting him in harm’s way. | 过于重要 不能让他置身于危险之中 |
[23:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:18] | Then now that that’s sorted, | 既然这个解决了 |
[23:19] | there is another replacement on the vanguard | 那我们得讨论一下 还有一个人 |
[23:21] | that we should discuss. | 需要从先锋小队撤下来 |
[23:23] | Who’s that? | 谁 |
[23:25] | You. | 你 |
[23:27] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[23:29] | I understand we faced colonial regulars out there last night. | 我知道昨晚我们与殖民地正规军进行了交锋 |
[23:33] | So? | 所以呢 |
[23:35] | These raids were difficult enough | 即使出现了对我们有利的意外状况 |
[23:36] | when the element of surprise was in our favor. | 这些突袭也还是十分危险 |
[23:39] | But now? Now it would seem your days | 而现在 你亲自上阵的日子 |
[23:42] | of approaching unannounced may also be at an end. | 也似乎应该结束了 |
[23:47] | Every time you go ashore, | 你每一次上岸 |
[23:49] | there is a risk you don’t return– | 都冒着回不来的危险 |
[23:52] | a risk Nassau loses its most recognizable figure | 拿骚可能会失去它最负盛名的人物 |
[23:55] | and a risk that would seem to be escalating. | 而这种危险似乎会逐步升级 |
[23:58] | I am suggesting it’s time we take you out of harm’s way as well. | 因此我建议 是时候让你也远离危险了 |
[24:02] | We’re fighting a war to protect Nassau. | 我们在打一场保卫拿骚的战役 |
[24:06] | A war in which our most effective weapon | 而这场战争中 我们最有利的武器 |
[24:09] | is the fear that we can instill in our enemies. | 就是在敌人心里建立起对我们的畏惧 |
[24:12] | We’ve succeeded in making Captain Flint | 我们成功地把弗林特船长 |
[24:15] | the name of grim death to all of them. | 塑造成了令人闻风丧胆的可怕形象 |
[24:19] | The only way that we can ensure that that story continues | 而让这个故事 只有让他本人来讲述 |
[24:22] | is if he is the one telling it. | 才能继续让人们信服 |
[24:24] | That story is telling itself, and you know it. | 故事会自己传播开来 你知道的 |
[24:28] | We’ve been assigned responsibility for raids we were nowhere near. | 那些跟我们八竿子都打不着的突袭也算在我们头上 |
[24:31] | Jesus, I’ve been given credit for having been a part of some of them. | 天呐 现在就连我都声名远播了 |
[24:35] | They are so terrified of you, they’re terrified of me. | 他们是如此畏惧你 也畏惧我 |
[24:38] | You think that’s a reason we should relent? | 就因为这样 你就觉得我们该仁慈了吗 |
[24:40] | Who the fuck said anything about relenting? | 谁他妈说要仁慈了 |
[24:42] | Look, I am talking about letting someone else | 我的意思 是找个人 |
[24:44] | stand in and play your role now and again. | 来替你 偶尔来扮演一下你的角色 |
[24:46] | Thank you for your concern, | 谢谢你的担心 |
[24:48] | but I’ll decide when it’s time to start altering our tactics. | 但如果需要改变战术 也是由我来决定 |
[24:53] | No, I’ll decide. | 不 是我决定 |
[24:56] | This crew has spilled a great deal of blood | 船员们抛洒了无数鲜血 |
[24:58] | to make your name what it is. | 才成就了你今天的名声 |
[25:01] | It doesn’t belong to you. | 这不仅仅属于你 |
[25:03] | It’s a jointly held asset | 而是大家共同持有的财产 |
[25:05] | belonging to every man on this crew | 属于这艘船上为了树立你的名声 |
[25:07] | who sacrificed some part of himself to build it. | 而做出牺牲的所有船员 |
[25:12] | They have a say about how it is managed, | 要如何安排 他们也有发言权 |
[25:14] | and I am the voice of it. | 而他们的心声由我来传达 |
[25:16] | It is clear to me that this raid was more dangerous than the last. | 我很清楚 这次突袭比上次要危险得多 |
[25:19] | They are adapting, and it is of some concern to me | 他们在逐步适应 而我有些担心 |
[25:22] | that you either cannot or will not acknowledge it. | 你不会 或是不愿意识到这点 |
[25:29] | I understand this is all incredibly personal to you | 我理解你 因为巴洛太太的死 |
[25:32] | after the loss of Mrs. Barlow. | 在这件事上你带入了很多个人情感 |
[25:35] | Now, wait a minute– | 慢着 |
[25:36] | And I understand the burden of playing the role you currently play | 我理解要扮演好现在的角色 你所背负的重担 |
[25:38] | must be taking a toll even you cannot fully comprehend. | 肯定会带来你都不能完全理解负面影响 |
[25:41] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[25:45] | Now you have wormed your way into the heads of the men out there. | 你已经给外面的人灌了迷魂汤 |
[25:51] | And they’ve granted you authority over them because of it. | 他们也因此承认你的权威 |
[25:56] | But in my head, you are not welcome. | 但在我看来 你并不受欢迎 |
[26:07] | It’s worse than I feared. | 比我担心的还要糟 |
[26:09] | The wound should’ve been far further along towards quieting itself. | 伤口本应该要开始愈合了 |
[26:14] | It’s less than ideal. | 没有想象的那么好 |
[26:19] | Have you been cleaning it as we discussed? | 你有按我说的清洗伤口吗 |
[26:23] | When I can. | 我有时间再弄 |
[26:24] | It’s harder when we’re at sea. | 我们出海了条件更恶劣 |
[26:28] | I understand your aversion to being seen using the crutches. | 我知道你讨厌被人看到用拐杖 |
[26:31] | Well, if you understand it, | 如果你真懂我 |
[26:32] | I wish you’d stop hectoring me about it. | 我希望你别再恐吓我了 |
[26:35] | But the boot was never intended for a wound this new. | 可是伤口这么新根本就不能穿长靴 |
[26:40] | Unless you remove some of the pressure, | 除非你缓解掉部分压力 |
[26:41] | the wound will only continue to get more irritated. | 否则伤口只会更加恶化 |
[26:44] | I’ll lean more on the ropes. | 我会多倚靠一下缆绳的 |
[26:46] | With all your weight? On a moving deck? | 用你全部的重量吗 在晃动的甲板上 |
[26:48] | I’ll manage. | 我会想办法的 |
[26:49] | If the decay progresses, I’ll have to remove more of your leg. | 如果腐烂加重 我只能多切除一截腿 |
[27:12] | Please let me explain. | 请听我解释 |
[27:14] | What is there to explain? | 还有什么好解释的 |
[27:15] | You couldn’t figure out how to repair the fort, | 你想不出该怎么去修复堡垒 |
[27:17] | so you lured me into capturing a ship full of slaves to do the job. | 所以你引我去截一艘满载奴隶的船来做工 |
[27:20] | It was the first solid lead on a slaver | 打劫这艘贩奴隶船 是我们几周来 |
[27:22] | we’d had in weeks. | 取得的第一个实质性进展 |
[27:23] | I needed someone who I could be certain would win her. | 我需要一个信得过的人来确保无虞 |
[27:26] | So you lied to me about it. | 所以你就骗我 |
[27:30] | What the fuck made you think I would just hand them over to you, | 你清楚我的为人 你他妈怎么还认为 |
[27:33] | knowing what you know of me? | 我会把他们直接交给你 |
[27:39] | The three of us stood in this room– you, Flint, and I– | 房间里的三个人 你 弗林特和我 |
[27:42] | and we agreed that the fort’s restoration | 我们说好了堡垒的修复 |
[27:44] | was critical to Nassau’s security. | 事关拿骚的安全 |
[27:46] | We agreed you would hire men to restore it. | 我们同意你雇人去修 |
[27:49] | I tried that! | 我试过了 |
[27:49] | – Well, you’re going to need to try harder! – How? | -那你就更加努力啊 -怎么做 |
[27:52] | I offer the men exorbitant wages to do the work. | 我给了做工的人很高的工资 |
[27:54] | Do you know what they say? | 你知道他们怎么说吗 |
[27:54] | “You can afford more. We want double that.” | “反正你能给的起 我们要双倍工资” |
[27:56] | All right, double it, it’s a deal. Fuck it. | 好吧 说定了 给双倍 我操 |
[27:57] | You know what they say then? | 你知道他们又说什么吗 |
[27:58] | “You can’t tell us what to do. We’re free men. | “你不能要求我们做事 我们是自由人” |
[27:59] | We’ll work when we please.” | “我们高兴了就做工” |
[28:00] | Would you like to take a guess how that is going? | 你想猜一下之后发生的事吗 |
[28:02] | It’s five different crews, it’s hundreds of men, | 五队不同的船员 百来号人 |
[28:05] | untold thousands in wages, and I swear to God, | 数以千计的工资要发 我向上帝发誓 |
[28:07] | I think that hole in the wall is bigger now than when we started. | 我觉得墙上的洞比开始修的时候还要大 |
[28:10] | I stood between you and him, Jack. | 我拦在你俩中间 杰克 |
[28:12] | When Flint was ready to wage war against you | 当弗林特为了黄金向你宣战时 |
[28:14] | over the gold, I was the one who said | 是我说 |
[28:16] | you would manage it as well as anyone could. | 你可以和其他人做的一样好 |
[28:18] | For the good of this place, | 为了这个地方的利益 |
[28:20] | – I was the one who said you could be trusted. – Why? | -是我说你值得信任 -为什么 |
[28:23] | Why did you stand behind me in that moment? | 为什么那时你要支持我 |
[28:26] | I’ll tell you why. Because you and I had been through enough shit | 我来告诉你为什么 因为我们俩经历了 |
[28:28] | for you to know that I would do the same for you, | 太多的风雨 你知道我也会为你做这些 |
[28:29] | that I have done the same for you, | 我以前就这样做过 |
[28:31] | and would again without hesitation. | 再来一次也毫不迟疑 |
[28:32] | I made a commitment to you, with you, | 我向你保证过 一起发过誓 |
[28:35] | to restore this place, to make it strong again. | 要修复这里 重振雄风 |
[28:37] | I see no other way to have it done. | 我找不出还有什么别的办法 |
[28:39] | And I will have it done. | 我会做到的 |
[28:40] | I will move heaven and earth to have it done | 我哪怕上天入地也要做到 |
[28:43] | because I refuse to let you down. | 因为我拒绝让你失望 |
[28:53] | I knew this would be difficult for you, so I kept it from you. | 我知道你很难接受 所以我没告诉你 |
[28:59] | Please know that I meant no slight by it. | 请理解我没有任何轻视你的意思 |
[29:03] | No lack of respect or friendship. | 没有不尊重你和这份友情 |
[29:07] | It’s quite the opposite. | 恰恰相反 |
[29:23] | Ship on the horizon! | 发现船只 |
[29:24] | Ship on the horizon! | 发现船只 |
[29:26] | Under bare poles! | 不要扬帆 |
[29:38] | Whose banner is that? | 那是谁家的旗帜 |
[29:40] | – Hallendale. – Here. | -海伦达拉 -给我 |
[29:45] | What the fuck’s he doing out there? | 他他妈在那干什么 |
[29:49] | – Lying in wait? – With his banner raised? | -准备伏击吗 -那为什么扬着旗帜 |
[29:51] | Sails furled. | 帆还都卷着 |
[29:53] | Not a soul on the deck or in the rig. | 甲板和索具上连个人影都没有 |
[29:56] | Possible they abandoned her? | 也许他们弃船了 |
[29:58] | Took a prize and decided to sail away on it? | 也许掠了艘好船直接驶走了 |
[30:00] | Had to have been a hell of a prize. | 那得是多好的船 |
[30:02] | Even Hallendale isn’t stupid enough | 哪怕是海伦达拉也不会蠢到 |
[30:03] | to leave a ship like that behind. | 轻易放弃这样的船 |
[30:04] | He could’ve sailed it back to Nassau with a few dozen men. | 只要十几个人就能把它驶回拿骚了 |
[30:07] | Less. | 用不上那么多 |
[30:12] | Why don’t we go in closer, see what’s what? | 咱为什么不靠近点看个清楚 |
[30:15] | What if they’re in distress? | 万一他们遇难了呢 |
[30:19] | Alter our course to close with her. | 改变航道靠上去 |
[30:22] | Bear away to port. | 改变航道 转舵向左 |
[30:23] | Bear away to port! | 改变航道 转舵向左 |
[30:28] | What? | 怎么了 |
[30:30] | You’ll lose our advantage in this wind. | 这种风势下我们会失去优势的 |
[30:33] | Delay our return to Nassau by a day, maybe two. | 我们回到拿骚的日期会延迟一到两天 |
[30:37] | And we’re in dire need of resupply. | 而我们亟需再补给 |
[30:39] | Short on foodstuffs, very short on shot. | 食品不足 弹药更少 |
[30:42] | That storm in the southwest isn’t dying away. | 西南方那场风暴也没有减弱的迹象 |
[30:45] | And we dawdle, we’ll find ourselves right in the middle of it. | 再磨蹭下去我们会被卷入其中 |
[30:48] | And there’s a good chance that that ship we’re about to approach | 很可能我们靠近那艘船就会发现 |
[30:50] | is quiet because all its men | 船上没有人影是因为 |
[30:52] | are below deck with a plague. | 船员都染了瘟疫在甲板下面半死不活 |
[30:56] | You think I should’ve tried to talk them out of this. | 你认为我该劝大家改变主意 |
[30:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[31:02] | You rally the men to fight behind the idea | 你说如今拿骚上下必须统一战线 |
[31:05] | that these are days in which all of Nassau must stand together. | 动员所有人团结一致 |
[31:10] | Either that means something or it doesn’t. | 你这话要么有意义要么没有 |
[31:13] | And how the hell would I argue the latter, | 如果为了避免延期而不救人 |
[31:14] | just so we could avoid a delay? | 我要怎么说服别人你那些话不是扯淡 |
[31:16] | These days any man who can sew a black flag | 如今随便什么人缝面黑旗 |
[31:19] | and get 10 fools to follow him can take a prize. | 招上十个白痴都能出海抢掠 |
[31:23] | They can take it because of the fear | 他们能这么做是因为他们的猎物 |
[31:24] | that I and men like me have instilled in their prey. | 惧怕我和像我一样的人 |
[31:28] | But they can’t do what I can do. | 但他们做不到我能做的 |
[31:30] | They’re not built for it. | 他们不是那块料 |
[31:32] | And sooner or later, they’ll be exposed. | 他们迟早要露馅 |
[31:35] | Any fool who followed Hallendale | 那些跟随海伦达拉的白痴 |
[31:37] | deserves whatever end they got in his company. | 遇到什么下场都是活该 |
[31:41] | You were right. This war is getting more dangerous. | 你是对的 这场战争日益危险 |
[31:45] | The strong among us must stand together and face it. | 我们中的强者必须联合起来面对恶战 |
[31:48] | But the fools and the pretenders… | 但那些白痴和冒牌货 |
[31:52] | they were never truly among us to begin with. | 其实从一开始就和我们不是一路人 |
[31:56] | As their quartermaster, it’s your decision. | 你是舵手 你来决定 |
[31:59] | But that’s how I might’ve argued it to my men… | 如果是我要说服大家避免不必要的延期 |
[32:03] | to avoid unnecessary delay. | 我大概会像刚才那么说 |
[32:38] | There’s no damage. | 船体没有受损 |
[32:42] | Longboats are gone. | 大艇都不见了 |
[32:45] | Looks like they just up and left her here. | 看来他们就这么把船丢这了 |
[32:54] | Sweep the hold before the captain goes across just in case there’s — | 在船长过去前搜查船舱 以防… |
[35:46] | “We die alone.” | “我们孤身而亡” |
[36:22] | Someone get me a glass. | 给我找个望远镜来 |
[36:27] | Fresh water’s been pumped out. | 淡水都被抽走了 |
[36:30] | Food stores as well. | 食物贮备也都空了 |
[36:32] | They’ve scavenged half the rig to anchor this far from shore. | 他们拆除了半数帆装把船停在离岸这么远的地方 |
[36:35] | They marooned him, left him for dead. | 他们把他困在这等死 |
[36:45] | Seawater. | 是海水 |
[36:47] | Bastard went mad. | 这混账疯了 |
[36:59] | The whole crew, every man, all decide to maroon him | 全体船员 每一个人 都同意放逐他 |
[37:04] | and they go to this much effort to do it in deep water | 他们还费了这么大工夫把船驶到海中央 |
[37:06] | rather than keeping the ship and leaving him ashore? | 而不是留着船把他扔岸上 |
[37:11] | Why the fuck would they do that? | 他们为什么要这么做 |
[37:16] | We need to get out of here. | 我们得离开这里 |
[37:17] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[37:20] | Get out of here now. | 赶紧离开这里 |
[37:21] | – Sail! – Sail! | -有帆 -有帆 |
[37:24] | – Heading? – Headed this way! | -方向 -朝这边来了 |
[37:26] | East-southeast! | 东偏东南方向 |
[37:28] | Get us underway! | 启航 |
[37:30] | Do it now! | 现在启航 |
[37:40] | British colors. | 英国船 |
[37:43] | Not Navy. | 不是英国海军 |
[37:47] | She’s a hunter. | 是海盗猎手 |
[37:50] | Carrying 50 guns, maybe more. | 装载了五十门炮 甚至更多 |
[37:53] | It’s already a mile inside the horizon. | 已经进入海平线一英里 |
[37:55] | Must’ve been trailing us with her sail reduced until we took the bait. | 肯定是一直收帆尾随 就等我们咬饵上钩 |
[37:59] | Drew us into a position where he’s got the weather gauge. | 把我们引到风势对他们有力的位置 |
[38:02] | Landmass to the west, storm to the south, | 西边是大陆 南边是风暴 |
[38:05] | and no point of sail on which we can outrun her. | 没有风势能让我们逃脱它的追捕 |
[38:08] | Someone get me a chart! | 拿航海图来 |
[38:10] | Full and by on the starboard tack as close as you can. | 右满舵全速前进 |
[38:14] | – Can we fight her? – Behind the wind? | -打得过吗 -如今风势不利 |
[38:16] | With barely a broadside worth of shot on hand? | 还在船上弹药所剩无几的情况下 |
[38:17] | We won’t stand a chance. | 根本不可能 |
[38:21] | We may not have a choice. | 恐怕我们没得选 |
[39:01] | We got all the money in the world. | 我们有那么多钱 |
[39:03] | Maybe we could find a room that ain’t in the middle of a whorehouse. | 就不能找个妓院以外的地方住吗 |
[39:09] | I own a tavern, a brothel, a tanner, | 我拥有酒馆 妓院 制革房 |
[39:14] | a butcher — interests in a dozen other concerns on the street. | 屠宰铺 还涉足了不少其它商业 |
[39:18] | I am the one they come to here when they need things, | 当人们有需要 有所求 有担忧 |
[39:21] | want things, fear things. | 都会来找我 |
[39:25] | In another time and another place, they would call me a queen. | 换个时间地点 我就是他们的女王 |
[39:30] | I built this from nothing. | 我白手起家 |
[39:35] | And none of it is real. | 但这一切都不是真实的 |
[39:37] | What ain’t real about it? | 怎么不真实了 |
[39:42] | Because it is built upon things I cannot control, cannot predict. | 因为这建立在我无法掌控或预言的事情上 |
[39:48] | It is built on sand. | 就像建立在沙丘之上 |
[39:52] | And when the day comes when that foundation shifts, | 等到有一天改朝换代 |
[39:55] | when civilization returns, | 文明回归 |
[39:56] | do you know what they will call me then? | 你知道到时候他们会怎么叫我吗 |
[40:01] | The whore that lost everything. | 一无所有的婊子 |
[40:08] | I like it in this room. | 我喜欢这个房间 |
[40:11] | Reminds me that nothing has changed yet. | 它提醒我一切犹如往昔 |
[40:19] | You saying this ain’t real? | 那这也不真实吗 |
[40:24] | Of course it is. | 当然是真实的 |
[40:29] | The fort will be repaired. | 堡垒会修复好的 |
[40:31] | If he says it, he’ll do it. | 他说到做到 |
[40:38] | When you first opened that door and showed me the Urca gold, | 你第一次打开那扇门给我看厄卡号金币时 |
[40:40] | do you know what I saw? | 知道我看到了什么吗 |
[40:43] | A solution. | 解决方式 |
[40:45] | The mortar that would secure the sand beneath our feet. | 加固我们脚下沙丘的灰泥 |
[40:50] | The thing I could offer to England or Spain | 谈判的筹码 当英国或西班牙 |
[40:52] | or whomever arrived here and threatened to reorder things, | 或是任何人试图占领这里时 |
[40:55] | and say, “Take this and leave me be.” | 对他们说 “拿走 别来烦我们” |
[41:00] | Everything is dependent upon that gold, | 一切都取决于那些金子 |
[41:02] | and right now it is sitting in a fort | 而如今这些金子正放在 |
[41:04] | with no guns and full of holes. | 没有炮台守卫 千疮百孔的堡垒里 |
[41:06] | Charles is gonna agree to Jack’s plan. | 查尔斯会赞成杰克的计划的 |
[41:09] | In a month, the fort will be whole. | 只要一个月 堡垒就能建好 |
[41:11] | Made so by slave labor? | 靠奴隶吗 |
[41:14] | Has it not occurred to anyone | 难道没有人发现 |
[41:16] | that if Jack has not been able to persuade men to repair the fort, | 如果杰克不能够说服他们修复堡垒 |
[41:19] | it is even less likely he will be able to persuade them to defend it? | 那他更不可能说服他们保卫它 |
[41:24] | The fuck are you saying? | 你他妈到底想说什么 |
[41:26] | I am saying that if England were to return right now, | 我是说如果现在英国人杀回来 |
[41:29] | there is nothing to stop them from capturing that fort. | 我们根本阻止不了他们占领堡垒 |
[41:32] | And so long as that gold is inside it, | 而只要金子还在里面 |
[41:35] | they will be capturing our futures along with it. | 他们就会将金子与我们的将来一起夺走 |
[41:39] | The gold must be removed from the fort. | 金子必须从堡垒转移走 |
[41:41] | whether Jack wants it or not. | 不管杰克愿不愿意 |
[41:44] | You’re getting awful close | 你就快接近做出 |
[41:46] | to doing the one thing you said you’d never do. | 你说过你绝不会做的事 |
[41:50] | Don’t ask me to take sides between you and him. | 不要逼我在你和他之间抉择 |
[41:56] | It doesn’t matter. Can’t be done. | 无所谓了 这不可能 |
[41:59] | There’s a reason it’s up there in the first place. | 金子从一开始就送去那里是有原因的 |
[42:01] | There’s no other place to put it and secure it. | 再没有别的存放之处能保证金子的安全 |
[42:04] | Not in its current form, no. | 但以堡垒现在的样子可不行 |
[42:18] | Heave! Heave! | 加把劲哟 加把劲哟 |
[42:31] | He’s well within range. | 我们早就进入他射程了 |
[42:34] | Then why isn’t he firing? | 那他为什么不开火 |
[42:36] | Closing in, making sure he doesn’t miss. | 慢慢逼近 确保一击必中 |
[42:39] | And he doesn’t need to rush. | 并且他也不用着急 |
[42:40] | There’s nothing we can do to stop it. | 这种状况我们无能为力 |
[42:42] | On this side of that coast, | 在海岸线这一边 |
[42:43] | he’ll always be faster, more maneuverable. | 他速度肯定会比我们快 也更灵活 |
[42:47] | Whoever that is out there, he has us. | 不管那船上是谁 他已经抓住我们了 |
[42:51] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[42:55] | That man has a goddamned answer for everything. | 什么事都难不倒那家伙 |
[42:58] | He’s working on an answer for this. | 他在想办法解决 |
[43:01] | She’s opening her gun ports! | 敌船炮口打开了 |
[43:06] | Gun crews, prepare to return fire! | 炮手们 准备还击 |
[43:10] | Gun crews at the ready! | 炮手们做好准备 |
[43:15] | Cartridge. | 弹药筒 |
[43:20] | Gun crews ready! | 炮手已就位 |
[43:29] | Crew of the Walrus! | 海象号的人听着 |
[43:33] | In my capacity as duly appointed servant | 作为乔治一世国王陛下 |
[43:36] | of His Majesty King George the First, | 正式任命的仆从 我代表其意愿 |
[43:39] | I address you directly. | 直接和你们对话 |
[43:42] | Hornigold. | 是霍尼戈德 |
[43:43] | Time is short, so I will be plain | 由于时间有限 就不绕弯子了 |
[43:45] | and offer you the same terms as accepted | 你们会得到与已故海伦达拉船长的手下 |
[43:47] | by the late Captain Hallendale’s men. | 所接受的相同条件 |
[43:54] | Surrender, and I am authorized | 投降的话 我就有权 |
[43:57] | to offer you full, unqualified pardons. | 为你们提供完全的无条件赦免 |
[44:02] | Your ship will be commandeered | 你们的船将会被没收 |
[44:04] | and you will be given a choice of either entering into my service | 同时你们可以选择加入我的麾下 |
[44:07] | or being set free at the nearest convenient port, | 或在最近的港口被释放 |
[44:11] | your names cleared and your accounts squared. | 你们的案底会被抹去 罪名也一笔勾销 |
[44:14] | Refuse and I shall grant no quarter. | 拒不接受的话 我不会手下留情 |
[44:27] | Do you think they’ll take it? | 你觉得他们会接受吗 |
[44:30] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[44:32] | Make the guns ready. | 做好开炮准备 |
[44:52] | There’ll be no battle today. | 今天不会有战斗了 |
[44:55] | Our disadvantage is too great. | 我们明显处于劣势 |
[45:00] | But what price surrender? | 可投降的代价是什么 |
[45:05] | To beg forgiveness from a thing that took my woman from me? | 向夺走我女人的那个畜生乞求饶恕 |
[45:11] | My friend? | 我曾经的朋友 |
[45:14] | Murdered her, | 不但杀了她 |
[45:15] | displayed her body for their amusement. | 还把尸体示众供其消遣 |
[45:20] | I can walk away from this fight | 如果我签字同意 |
[45:21] | if I just sign my name beneath a solemn oath | 发誓永不再以暴力与之相抗 |
[45:27] | never again to do violence against it. | 就可以从这斗争中脱身 |
[45:36] | No. | 不行 |
[45:41] | Not after all it has taken from me. | 尤其在它夺走我一切之后 |
[45:46] | Not after all it has taken from you. | 在它夺走你们一切之后 |
[45:51] | I will do great violence | 我会以加倍的暴力 |
[45:55] | against that thing. | 进行反抗 |
[46:01] | They say they will pardon us all, | 他们说会赦免我们所有人 |
[46:05] | but I say to offer to pardon | 可我要说 对自己所恐惧的人 |
[46:08] | something one fears is the act of a coward. | 提供赦免 是懦夫的行为 |
[46:13] | To offer them in volume | 提出如此宽泛的赦免 |
[46:15] | suggests that their fear of us is becoming unmanageable, | 说明他们已经无法控制心中对我们的恐惧 |
[46:20] | that we have shown them what we are capable of | 因为他们已经知道了我们的能耐 |
[46:23] | and it terrifies them. | 这让他们十分害怕 |
[46:31] | Do any of you want to surrender to men who fear you? | 有谁愿意向惧怕你们的人投降 |
[46:36] | Lay down arms in a battle that we are winning? | 在一场注定要胜利的战役中放下武器 |
[46:51] | Neither do I. | 我也不会这样 |
[46:55] | Fuck Benjamin Hornigold, | 去他妈的本杰明·霍尼戈德 |
[46:59] | his king, and their pardons. | 他的国王 还有他们的特赦 |
[47:04] | This war isn’t nearly over. | 这场战争远没有结束 |
[47:09] | We’re not fighting, and we’re not surrendering. | 我们不打 也不投降 |
[47:15] | So what are we doing? | 那我们要怎么做 |
[47:20] | We’re going that way. | 我们走那边 |
[47:26] | That’s a ship killer. | 进入那风暴必死无疑 |
[47:28] | Then he’d be mad to follow us into it, then, wouldn’t he? | 那他得疯了才会跟着我们进去 不是吗 |
[47:35] | Billy, soon as he makes his break to fire, we run. | 比利 在他准备开火的间隙 我们就跑 |
[47:55] | Port side batteries are readied. | 左舷火炮就位 |
[47:57] | Let’s encourage them to see reason. | 让我们帮他们看清怎么做才最明智 |
[48:00] | Prepare to head up and bring us into position to fire. | 准备追击 做好开炮准备 |
[48:09] | Now. | 就是现在 |
[48:10] | Now! | 开炮 |
[48:12] | There she goes! She’s winding up! | 敌船行动了 正准备开炮 |
[48:15] | Hard to port. | 左满舵 |
[48:21] | What the hell is he doing? | 他在搞什么鬼 |
[48:23] | He’ll end up in the middle of that storm. | 他这样会陷入风暴的 |
[48:25] | Hold on! | 坚持住 |
[48:32] | There. Hold her there. | 好了 保持在这 |
[48:36] | – Fire! – Fire! | -开火 -开火 |
[48:52] | Bring us hard to port. Make a course to pursue her. | 左满舵 准备追击 |
[49:08] | Make sure the hatches are fully battened. | 确保舱口封好 |
[49:10] | Secure the lashings. | 绑好绳索 |
[49:12] | Mr. Silver, we got hits all along the starboard side. | 西尔弗先生 右舷多处受损 |
[49:15] | When we reach that weather, | 当我们进入风暴 |
[49:16] | we’re gonna be taking on water down here. | 下面一定会进水 |
[49:24] | Well, seal it up as best you can. | 尽可能封闭起来 |
[49:26] | I’ll be down to lend a hand soon. | 我很快就下来帮忙 |
[49:33] | It isn’t just him. | 不只是他 |
[49:37] | What? | 什么 |
[49:40] | Captain Hume said it took him | 休姆船长曾说 |
[49:41] | every ounce of leverage he could muster | 他费了九牛二虎之力 |
[49:44] | to secure just 10 pardons. | 才拿到了十个特赦名额 |
[49:46] | And now Hornigold holds 80 of them. | 而现在霍尼戈德手上有八十个名额 |
[49:48] | Maybe Flint’s right. Maybe they are getting nervous. | 也许弗林特是对的 也许他们害怕了 |
[49:51] | Or maybe someone else secured them for him. | 又或许是别的人为他拿到的名额 |
[49:54] | Someone larger than Hume or Hornigold. | 一个比休姆和霍尼戈德更厉害的人物 |
[49:57] | Someone to whom the rules as we understand them don’t apply. | 一个不受我们所理解的规则束缚的人 |
[50:02] | Flint was right about one thing. | 弗林特至少说对了一件事 |
[50:06] | This is only the beginning. | 这只是开始 |
[50:09] | Something else is coming. | 厉害的还在后面 |
[51:11] | Judge, | 法官发言 |
[51:13] | For years you lorded over the operations of hundreds, | 多年来你统治了数百名 |
[51:16] | if not thousands, of hardened pirates. | 甚至数千名冷血无情的海盗 |
[51:20] | How exactly were you able to manage this? | 你究竟是如何做到的 |
[51:22] | Accused. | 被控人发言 |
[51:25] | One day at a time, I suppose. | 一步步来吧 我想 |
[51:29] | I enjoyed that. | 我很欣赏 |
[51:37] | There is a funny thing about notoriety, | 臭名昭著是件很有趣的事 |
[51:42] | and I have a little experience with this. | 虽然我并没有什么经验 |
[51:45] | The more people know of you, | 越多的人知道你 |
[51:47] | the more of you those people feel belongs to them. | 他们就越觉得你属于他们 |
[51:52] | Now, right now, there is a barrister | 现在 一个律师 |
[51:55] | who feels entitled to say, | 会觉得自己有资格说 |
[51:57] | I am the one who convicted Eleanor Guthrie. | 我是将埃莉诺·格斯里定罪的人 |
[52:01] | A judge who wants to say, “I was the one who hanged her.” | 有个法官会说 “我是吊死她的人” |
[52:05] | A throng of people outside– | 外面的人群会说 |
[52:07] | I was the one who cheered as she swung. | 我是在她被绞死时欢呼的人 |
[52:10] | They all feel entitled to a part of your story. | 他们都觉得自己有资格成为你故事的一部分 |
[52:13] | And it’s a hell of a story. | 这是一个非常精彩的故事 |
[52:15] | So you can imagine how difficult it was for me | 所以你能想象我为此做出了多少努力 |
[52:17] | to arrange it so that I could say, | 才能让自己说 |
[52:20] | I am the one who set her free. | 我是放走她的人 |
[52:22] | Who the fuck are you? | 你他妈是谁 |
[52:27] | My name is Woodes Rogers, | 我叫伍兹·罗杰斯 |
[52:29] | and I am the next governor of New Providence Island. | 我是新普罗维登斯岛的下一任总督 |
[52:33] | Well, assuming I can subdue her. | 前提是我能征服它 |
[52:39] | That is where you come in. | 这就我需要你的地方 |
[52:41] | I am to set sail for the West Indies in two days’ time. | 两天后我即将动身前往西印度群岛 |
[52:45] | I am prepared. | 我已经准备好了 |
[52:48] | But the one element I lack is knowledge, | 但我唯一缺少的是经验 |
[52:52] | someone who understands Nassau | 所以我需要一个懂得拿骚的人 |
[52:53] | and can help me know what I’m going to find there. | 能帮我看清即将面对的一切 |
[52:56] | If you agree to be that person for me, | 如果你愿意成为我的帮手 |
[52:59] | your sentence will be commuted | 将功补过 |
[53:01] | and the charges against you released. | 我们会取消对你的控告 |
[53:04] | And what would you ask of me? | 你想要我做什么 |
[53:06] | I understand it is an uncomfortable position for you, | 我明白这个位置会让你不舒服 |
[53:10] | feeling like you’re betraying people you’ve known so closely– | 感觉像是要去背叛曾经最亲近的人 |
[53:13] | Specifically, what would I have to do? | 你到底想要我做什么 |
[53:16] | To begin with? | 那我们就从… |
[53:19] | A list. | 一张名单开始吧 |
[53:21] | The names of those on the island who could be made allies, | 岛上有哪些人可以成为我们的盟友 |
[53:25] | those who would be harder to sway. | 又有哪些人比较难搞定 |
[53:43] | You want to civilize Nassau? | 你想开化拿骚 |
[53:46] | That is the only name you need concern yourself with. | 这是你唯一需要忧虑的人 |
[53:59] | As long as he is alive, you cannot succeed. | 只要他还活着 你就不可能成功 |
[54:34] | Your slaves are making progress. | 你的奴隶们正专心地在干活呢 |
[54:45] | You know I take no pleasure in it. | 你知道我并不会为此而高兴 |
[54:48] | If there were any other way– | 如果有别的办法… |
[54:49] | Jack, if I thought it gave you any pleasure, | 杰克 如果我认为这样能让你高兴 |
[54:54] | I’d have killed you the moment you suggested it. | 当初你提这件事的时候我就会干掉你 |
[55:02] | The first moment I saw it on the beach, | 我第一次在沙滩上看到它的时候 |
[55:04] | I thought, “My God, | 我想 “我的天” |
[55:07] | the things I’m going to build with this.” | “我将用它们干一番大事业” |
[55:11] | A city… | 一座城市 |
[55:13] | alive in a place it has no right to be, | 生存在一个无权立足的地方 |
[55:16] | in defiance of all reason and refusing to be dislodged, | 无视一切 拒绝陨落 |
[55:21] | but growing and… | 却慢慢发展成… |
[55:29] | a place that, 50 years hence and when I’m long gone | 一个在五十年后 我早已不在的之时… |
[55:33] | would force the world to acknowledge | 还能让世界承认它地位的地方 |
[55:35] | Jack Rackham was here. | 杰克·拉克姆曾在这儿 |
[55:42] | I swear to God, when I sit here long enough, | 我发誓 只要我一直坐在这儿 |
[55:43] | I can hear it laughing at me. | 我就能听见它的嘲笑 |
[55:51] | You don’t have to be here, you know. | 其实你不用过来的 |
[55:53] | I have made it clear to all involved | 我已经说得很清楚了 |
[55:55] | they are to be treated fairly. | 所有参与的人都会受到平等对待 |
[55:59] | You think if you refrain from beating them, it’s any better? | 你觉得你不鞭打他们 就会好一些吗 |
[56:07] | It isn’t the violence. | 这无关暴力 |
[56:11] | It isn’t the labor or the hunger | 无关劳力与饥饿 |
[56:15] | or the heat or the chains. | 或是酷热与锁链 |
[56:21] | You know what those men fear right now? | 你知道他们现在怕什么吗 |
[56:25] | It’s the unknown. | 是对未知的恐惧 |
[56:28] | Lash that comes from nowhere | 还不明就里 |
[56:30] | for reasons never explained. | 鞭子已然上身 |
[56:33] | A visit from the taskmaster in the dead of night. | 夜深人静之时 工头的欺辱 |
[56:37] | But I remember that fear. | 我还记得那种恐惧 |
[56:42] | Right now, I feel it returning. | 我感觉到现在它正在回归 |
[56:46] | What we’re doing here, | 我们在这儿的作为 |
[56:48] | sitting on Spain’s gold on England’s island, | 靠的是西班牙的钱和英格兰的地 |
[56:52] | demands a response. | 但它需要一个回应 |
[56:56] | What that response will be, | 究竟是什么回应 |
[57:00] | what form it will take, | 会以什么方式 |
[57:03] | what face it will wear… | 以什么姿态出现 |
[57:08] | …by the time we do know it, | 等到我们了解之时 |
[57:11] | there will be no time to prepare for the blow that follows. | 我们根本没时间准备 应对随之而来的危机 |
[58:38] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰一下 先生 |
[58:42] | I wonder if you could help me locate an old friend of mine. | 请问你能帮我找一位我的老朋友吗 |
[58:47] | His name is Charles Vane. | 他叫查尔斯·韦恩 |