英文名称:Driving Miss Daisy
年代:1989
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:43] | I’m going to the market, Idella. | 我去市场了 |
[00:44] | Yes, ma’am. | 知道了 夫人 |
[00:49] | Pepsodent’s new improved formula cleans teeth whiter than ever. | 佩索顿新产品 使你的牙齿更加洁白靓丽 |
[02:01] | Are you all right, Miss Daisy? | 你没事吧 戴茜夫人 |
[02:24] | That’s good! | 行了 |
[02:52] | You two get back to work. | 你们俩回去工作 |
[02:55] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 |
[03:31] | – Mama. – No. | -妈妈 -不 |
[03:35] | – Mama? – No! | -妈妈 -不! |
[03:37] | It’s a miracle you’re not lying at Emory Hospital or at the funeral parlor. | 你没进医院或殡仪馆 已经算是万幸了 |
[03:44] | Cucumbers are pretty this summer. | 今年夏天的黄瓜真不错 |
[03:46] | You didn’t even break your glasses. | 你也该换副眼镜了 |
[03:48] | It was the car’s fault! | 这全是车子的毛病! |
[03:51] | – You had the car in the wrong gear. – I did not! | -是你换错了档 -我没有! |
[03:54] | Idella, want a pickle with lunch? | 埃迪拉 午餐时想吃泡菜吗? |
[03:56] | Not me. | 我可不吃 |
[03:58] | I’m putting up a jar for you to take home to William. | 那我装一瓶 让你带回家给威廉 |
[04:01] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 |
[04:03] | You backed the car into the Pollacks’ yard. | 你把车都开到波莱克的院子里了 |
[04:05] | You should have let me keep my LaSalle. | 要是换成以前那辆”莱斯利” |
[04:07] | It wouldn’t have behaved this way. And you know it. | 决不会发生这事 |
[04:10] | Mama, cars don’t behave. They are behaved upon. | 妈妈 问题不出在车子上 而是人的问题 |
[04:14] | You demolished that Chrysler by yourself. | 是你自己把那辆 克莱斯勒搞坏的 |
[04:16] | Think what you want. I know the truth. | 随你怎么想 我自己清楚 |
[04:19] | The truth is you just cost the insurance company $2,700. | 事实就是你刚花掉了 保险公司的2千7百美元 |
[04:22] | You’re a terrible risk. | 作你的担保人真够受的 |
[04:24] | Nobody will issue you a policy now. | 现在没人会让你投保了 |
[04:26] | You’re just saying that to be hateful. | 这样不是正合你意? |
[04:29] | Okay. Yes, I am. I am making it all up. | 好的 我承认 这都是我的错 |
[04:33] | Look out on the driveway! | 往外面看看! |
[04:36] | Every insurance company in America is out there… | 美国所有的保险公司 |
[04:38] | waving their pens trying to get you to sign up. | 都等着拉你去跟他们签保险呢 |
[04:41] | If you’re going to stand in my pantry and lie like a rug, | 这种风凉话别在我的厨房里说 |
[04:44] | go somewhere else. | 要说到外面说去 |
[04:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:49] | I better get back to the office. | 我还是回公司吧 |
[04:52] | Florine will have a fit if I don’t get home on time tonight. | 今晚回家又晚的话 弗萝琳又要发牢骚了 |
[04:55] | You all must have plans tonight. | 你们今晚有应酬吗? |
[04:57] | The Ansleys’ dinner party. | 要去安什莉家里赴宴 |
[04:59] | This is her idea of heaven on earth. | 这种事她最积极了 |
[05:02] | What? | 什么 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1123个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:142个,六级词汇:60个,GRE词汇:82个,托福词汇:100个,考研词汇:153个,专四词汇:124个,专八词汇:29个, 所有生词标注共:277个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:03] | Socializing with Episcopalians. | 参加教会的活动啊 |
[05:10] | You are a doodle, Mama! | 你说话真损 妈妈! |
[05:12] | I’ll stop by tomorrow evening. | 我明晚再来吧 |
[05:14] | How do you know I’ll be here? | 你怎么知道我一定在呢? |
[05:17] | I’m not dependent on you for company. | 我可不想干等着你 忙完公司的事情 |
[05:19] | Fine, I’ll call first. | 好吧 我先打电话来 |
[05:21] | But you know, we have got some real serious talking to do. | 但要知道 我们还有 一些重要的话要说 |
[05:25] | No! | 不! |
[05:26] | Mama. | 妈妈 |
[06:04] | I need you now. I have to be at the beauty shop in half an hour. | 要知道 我半个小时后要去购物 |
[06:10] | No, I most certainly did not know | 是的 我当然不知道你们这里 |
[06:12] | you had to call a minimum of two hours ahead. | 还得提前两小时打电话预定 |
[06:15] | Why call yourself a taxicab company if you can’t provide taxicabs? | 没有出租车 你们还称自己是出租车公司? |
[06:20] | Why don’t you call your son? He’d send someone to carry you. | 为什么不打给你的儿子? 他会派人来接你的 |
[06:24] | That won’t be necessary. | 这没必要 |
[06:26] | I’ll cancel the appointment and fix my own hair. | 我要取消我的约会去做头发去 |
[06:29] | Sometimes I think you ain’t got the sense God gave a lemon. | 有时我都不知道你在想什么 |
[06:36] | Two dots. I want that! | 二筒 正好! |
[06:40] | And a five bamboo. | 一条龙 |
[06:42] | Well, this is not my day for mah-jongg. | 今天真是不宜打麻将 |
[06:45] | Nine bam! | 九万! |
[06:46] | Thank you all for coming here again. | 谢谢你们今天能来 |
[06:49] | I am a real pariah without my car. | 我现在是没有车的下层人士了 |
[06:51] | – Oh, nonsense! – Three bam. | -哦 别废话了! -三万 |
[06:53] | When do you get the new one? | 为什么不再买一辆? |
[06:55] | I don’t know! Boolie’s being real pokey about it. | 不知道! 波利最反对我开车的了 |
[06:59] | I’ll come after you for temple tomorrow. | 那我明天跟你一起去教堂 |
[07:01] | That’s sweet of you, honey. | 太好了 亲爱的 |
[07:07] | Mama, you there? | 妈妈 你在吗? |
[07:09] | It’s just us! | 是我们! |
[07:11] | Why didn’t you call? | 为什么不事先打个电话? |
[07:12] | We can’t stay. | 我们一会儿就走 |
[07:14] | So I gather. | 我又没猜错 |
[07:15] | The Millers are giving a hayride. | 米勒一家邀请我们去郊游 |
[07:17] | I had these made. Doesn’t your baby look cute? | 这些是我设计的 你的儿子看起来可爱吗? |
[07:21] | Well, it’s not exactly the word I’d pick. | 正好与我想的相反 |
[07:25] | New Graham Greene? I been wanting to read that. | 这书是《格拉翰姆新传》吗? 我一早就想读了 |
[07:28] | Sorry, but it’s due back at the library tomorrow. | 不行 明天就到期了 |
[07:32] | – Want me to return it for you? – No, thank you. | -要我们帮你换吗? -不了 |
[07:34] | I’ll go to the library on the streetcar. | 我坐电车去图书馆就行 |
[07:38] | Damn it, Mama! Quit being so stubborn. You know perfectly well… | 够了 妈妈! 别再固执了 你应该很清楚… |
[07:43] | Go on! Don’t keep the horses waiting. | 走吧! 发动机还开着呢 |
[07:46] | ‘Bye! | 再见! |
[08:01] | Is that door making contact? | 是那门在漏电吗? |
[08:09] | Oscar? | 奥斯卡! |
[08:10] | I’m here. | 我在这儿 |
[08:11] | – Are you all right? – No, sir, I’m stuck. | -你没事吧? -不 我被卡住了 |
[08:14] | I know. Fiddle with the lever. | 我知道 动一下控制杆看看 |
[08:16] | It fiddled out. I done all I know how. | 试过了 没什么作用 |
[08:21] | Call Bell Elevator. | 叫贝尔电梯公司来 |
[08:23] | I already did. They’re backed up until around 1:00. | 已经叫过了 他们要一点钟才到 |
[08:27] | Did you tell them it’s an emergency? | 没告诉他们情况紧急吗? |
[08:29] | You don’t have to holler, Mr. Werthan. | 不必那么大声 威尔顿先生 |
[08:31] | I didn’t break the elevator. | 又不是我把电梯搞坏的 |
[08:35] | Got that stuff for Davis & Paxon? | 给戴维斯帕克斯 公司的货准备好了吗? |
[08:37] | Wrapped and ready to go! | 随时可以出发! |
[08:39] | I told them they’d have it yesterday. Call Bell again. | 我跟他们说昨天就送到的 |
[08:48] | I hear you. | 我听见了 |
[08:50] | Look up where the gate is supposed to close. See a doohickey? | 看看门被卡住的地方 有没有什么按钮? |
[08:54] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[08:57] | Right here! | 找到了! |
[08:58] | Reach up and mash it up until it catches. | 把它往上推 然后固定住 |
[09:04] | I done it. Now what? | 好了 然后呢? |
[09:06] | Operate the lever. | 拉开操纵杆 |
[09:20] | Do you work here? | 你是在这儿工作吗? |
[09:21] | No, sir. This here Hoke. | 不 先生 我叫霍克 |
[09:23] | Hoke Colburn, sir. | 霍克·科尔本 |
[09:25] | How’d you know about the elevator? | 你怎么知道修电梯的? |
[09:26] | I used to drive for a dairy, sir. | 我过去给牛奶公司开过车 |
[09:29] | Their elevator was worse than this one. | 他们的电梯经常出毛病 |
[09:32] | Hoke’s the one I told you about. | 他就是我向你提到过的霍克 |
[09:34] | Of course. | 哦 是了 |
[09:47] | Excuse me, sir. | 先生 请问 |
[09:49] | Y’all people’s Jewish, ain’t you? | 你和你的工人都是犹太人吗? |
[09:51] | Yeah, we are. Why? | 是的 怎么了? |
[09:53] | I’d rather work for Jews. | 我愿意为犹太人工作 |
[09:55] | I know folks say they stingy and cheap. | 人们都说他们又寒酸又小气 |
[09:58] | But don’t say none of that around me! | 但我却不这么认为 |
[10:01] | Good to know you feel that way. | 很高兴你能这么想 |
[10:25] | What was your last job? | 你以前是干什么的? |
[10:26] | I worked for Judge Harold Stone, | 我在哈罗德·斯通法官家里干活 |
[10:29] | he is a Jewish gentleman like yourself. | 他和你一样是个犹太绅士 |
[10:31] | You drove for Judge Stone? | 你是给斯通法官开车的? |
[10:32] | Seven years. | 给他开了七年车 |
[10:34] | I’d still be there if he didn’t up and die. | 他没死的话 我没准还呆在那儿呢 |
[10:37] | Mrs. Stone asked me to move to Savannah with her. | 斯通夫人也叫我和她 一起搬到哈瓦那去 |
[10:40] | Of course, my wife was dead by then. | 当然那时我的妻子也刚去世 |
[10:42] | But I said, “No, thank you, ma’am.” | 但我还是对她说:”不了 谢谢你 夫人 ,” |
[10:45] | I didn’t want to be too far from my grandbabies. | 我不想和孙子们离得太远 |
[10:48] | Judge Stone was my father’s friend. | 斯通法官和我的父亲是旧交 |
[10:50] | You don’t say? | 你怎么不早说? |
[10:51] | – Have a seat. – Thank you. | -坐吧 -谢谢 |
[10:53] | Later, Miss McClatchey. | 稍等 麦克莱蒂小姐 |
[10:58] | Oscar said you needed somebody to drive for your family. | 奥斯卡说你需要人 给你的家人开车 |
[11:02] | Will I be taking your children to school… | 需要送你的孩子们上学 |
[11:04] | and your wife to the beauty parlor? | 或是你的太太去参加宴会吗? |
[11:07] | I don’t have any children. What I need… | 我现在还没孩子 我要你 |
[11:10] | You’re still a young man. Don’t worry too much. | 你现在还很年轻 别太担心这个 |
[11:14] | Thank you. I won’t. | 谢谢你 我不会的 |
[11:16] | Hoke, I need somebody to drive my mother around. | 霍克 我需要有个人开车 带我妈妈去兜兜风 |
[11:19] | Your mother? | 你妈妈? |
[11:20] | Yes. Well, if you don’t mind asking, sir… | 这样啊 如果你 不介意我多嘴的话 |
[11:25] | why ain’t she hiring for herself? | 为什么她不自己去雇人呢? |
[11:30] | It’s a difficult situation. | 这个问题很难解释 |
[11:32] | She done gone around the bend a little. | 她快要走不动了 是吧? |
[11:35] | That will happen as they get on. | 人老了都会这样的 |
[11:38] | No, she’s all there! | 不 她还健在! |
[11:40] | Too much there is the problem! | 就因为这个的原因! |
[11:44] | I want you to understand something. | 我想让你明白那么几点 |
[11:47] | My mother is a little high-strung. | 我母亲有一点精神紧张 |
[11:52] | The fact is, you would be working for me. | 现在情况是 你是我雇来的 |
[11:55] | She can say anything she likes… | 她说什么都行 |
[11:58] | but she can’t fire you. Understand? | 就是决不能解雇你 明白了吗? |
[12:02] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[12:04] | Yes, sir, I sure do. | 我明白了 |
[12:06] | Don’t worry, Mr. Werthan. | 别担心 威尔顿先生 |
[12:08] | I’ll hold on no matter which way she run me. | 不管她怎么为难我 我都会坚持下去的 |
[12:11] | When I was a little boy back on the farm above Macon, where I come from… | 我小的时候就在 梅肯州的农场长大 |
[12:16] | I wrestled hogs to the ground during killing time. | 在杀猪的时候 我能一手把猪摔在地上 |
[12:19] | Well, sir, there ain’t a hog that’s got away from me yet! | 并且还从未失手过! |
[13:11] | How are you, Idella? | 还好吗 埃迪拉? |
[13:13] | Living. | 还活着 |
[13:14] | – Where’s the new vacuum cleaner? – In the closet. | -那个新的吸尘器哪儿去了? -在壁橱里 |
[13:17] | She won’t touch it. | 她怎么也不肯用 |
[13:19] | It gives me a shock every time I’m near it. | 每回我靠近它时 它都会电我一下 |
[13:22] | It works for me. | 它是为我工作的 |
[13:23] | Good! | 好! |
[13:24] | Then you clean and I’ll go down and run your office. | 那你来做清洁 我来打理你的公司好了 |
[13:28] | Where’s Mama? | 妈妈在哪儿? |
[13:30] | Up yonder. | 在楼上 |
[13:31] | I guess you know who this is. | 我想这位你知道是谁了吧 |
[13:35] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快就回来 |
[13:41] | I wouldn’t be in your shoes… | 我是你才不会来这儿呢 |
[13:43] | if the sweet Lord Jesus came down and asked me Himself. | 除非是上帝他亲自来叫我来 |
[13:57] | ‘Morning, Mama. | 早啊 妈妈 |
[14:08] | Just come down and say hello. | 下楼去跟人家打声招呼吧 |
[14:11] | You listen here. | 你听着 |
[14:13] | Unless they rewrote the Constitution and didn’t tell me, | 除非国会修改了宪法我不知道 |
[14:15] | – I still have rights! – Of course you do. | -不然我还是有权利开车 -这个当然 |
[14:18] | What I do not want, and absolutely will not have, is… | 我不想 也不能接受的就是 |
[14:23] | some chauffeur sitting in my kitchen, | 厨房里坐着一个司机在那儿 |
[14:25] | gobbling up my food, using my phone. | 狼吞虎咽 而且还用我的电话 |
[14:27] | I’d hate that in my house. | 我讨厌这种事情发生在家里 |
[14:29] | You have Idella. | 那埃迪拉呢 |
[14:31] | Idella’s different! She’s been coming to me for years. | 她不一样! 她已经跟着我那么多年了 |
[14:34] | We stay out of each other’s way. | 我们互不干涉对方 |
[14:36] | Even so, there are chips in my wedding china. | 但我结婚时候的瓷器被打碎了 |
[14:40] | You think Idella has a vendetta against your wedding china? | 你以为埃迪拉 跟你的瓷器过不去吗? |
[14:44] | Don’t be sassy. | 别这么放肆 |
[14:45] | When we couldn’t afford them, we did for ourselves. | 那时候买不起 我们就自己做 |
[14:49] | That’s still the best way. | 这样是最好的了 |
[14:50] | “Them?” “Afford them?” | “它们” “买它们”? |
[14:53] | You sound like Governor Talmadge. | 你说的话就跟州长的一样 |
[14:55] | What a thing to say! I’m not prejudiced! | 你竟敢这么说! 我可没带任何偏见 |
[14:58] | Aren’t you ashamed? | 你不觉得羞愧吗? |
[15:01] | You might as well make the best of it. | 你说得很对 |
[16:05] | I knew a Miss Idella once, back down in Macon. | 在麦肯州的时候 我也认识一位叫埃迪拉的 |
[16:09] | You don’t say? | 真的吗? |
[16:11] | She could sing! | 她还会唱歌呢! |
[16:12] | What are you talking about? | 你到底想说什么? |
[16:15] | I’m talking about this woman had some lungs! | 我说的这个女孩嗓子很好! |
[16:17] | She’d be a whole church choir by herself! | 她一人就顶得上教堂的歌唱团! |
[16:20] | I declare! | 是真的! |
[16:22] | Fat, too! | 她也很胖! |
[16:23] | She was as big as that stove! | 胖得跟一个炉子一样! |
[16:28] | Don’t talk to Idella! She has work to do. | 别跟埃迪拉聊天! 她有活儿要做! |
[16:44] | What are you doing? | 你在这儿干什么? |
[16:46] | Dusting the bulbs, Miss Daisy. | 我在擦吊灯 夫人 |
[16:49] | That’s the silliest thing I ever saw. | 这是我见过的最愚蠢的事了 |
[16:51] | Who cares if lamp bulbs are dusty? | 谁会在意这些吊灯脏不脏呢? |
[16:54] | Get down from there! | 快给我下来! |
[16:56] | Put that ladder away before somebody trips on it. | 快把梯子拿开 免得绊倒了人 |
[17:04] | I’m going, Miss Daisy. | 我走了 夫人 |
[17:06] | All right, Idella. See you tomorrow. | 好的 埃迪拉 明天见 |
[17:09] | – I’m going too, Miss Daisy. – Good. | -我也要走了 夫人 -很好 |
[17:28] | Good morning, Miss Daisy. Thought I’d see after your zinnias. | 早啊 夫人 我在打理你的这些菊花呢 |
[17:32] | You leave my flower bed alone. | 离我的花园远点 |
[17:36] | You got a nice piece of ground behind the garage that ain’t doing nothing. | 你车房后面还有 一块闲着的空地 |
[17:41] | I could put in tomatoes, butter beans… | 我可以种上西红柿 黄豆 |
[17:43] | If I want a vegetable garden, I’ll plant it myself. | 我想开垦菜地的话 也用不着你帮忙 |
[18:21] | What are you doing? | 你在那儿干嘛? |
[18:23] | I just love a house with pictures, Miss Daisy. | 我只是喜欢房间里 挂上一张照片 夫人 |
[18:27] | It do make a home. | 这样更有家的感觉了 |
[18:29] | I don’t want you nosing through my things. | 我不要你来多此一举 |
[18:44] | – Good morning, Miss Daisy. – Good morning. | -早上好 夫人 -早上好 |
[18:47] | It was right cold in the night. | 昨晚天气很冷吧? |
[18:49] | I wouldn’t know. I was asleep. | 我不知道 我睡着了 |
[18:56] | Idella says we’re running short on coffee… | 埃迪拉说 咖啡和清洁剂 |
[18:58] | and Dutch cleanser. | 都快没了 |
[19:00] | We are? | 是吗? |
[19:02] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 |
[19:03] | We’re low on silver polish, too. | 擦银器的清洁粉也快没了 |
[19:06] | I know. | 知道了 |
[19:09] | I’m fixing to go to the Piggly Wiggly on the trolley. | 我这就坐电车去买 |
[19:12] | On the trolley! Why don’t you let me carry you? | 坐电车去! 为何不让我送你去呢? |
[19:16] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[19:18] | Ain’t that why Mr. Werthan hired me? | 那为何威尔顿先生要雇我来呢? |
[19:20] | That’s his problem. | 那是他的事 |
[19:22] | All right. But I’m going to find something to do here. | 好吧 那我找别的事来做 |
[19:26] | You leave my things alone! | 离我的东西远点! |
[19:29] | I’m going to the market, Idella. | 我要去购物了 埃迪拉 |
[19:33] | Miss Daisy, it’s a shame. | 夫人 这样不合适 |
[19:35] | You have this fine Hudson automobile out there in the garage. | 你车房里有那么漂亮的 一辆”哈森”汽车 |
[19:39] | It hasn’t moved an inch from when Mr. Werthan drove it here. | 威尔顿先生把它开来后 就一直没有开动过 |
[19:44] | That insurance company gave you a brand new car for nothing. | 这一辆新款车可是 保险公司赔给你的 |
[19:47] | That’s your opinion. | 那是你自己的想法 |
[19:50] | My other opinion is that a fine, rich, Jewish lady like yourself… | 我觉得像你这么富有 而高贵的犹太夫人 |
[19:55] | has no business dragging herself onto a trolley carrying grocery bags. | 根本不必提着一大包东西 挤在电车上 |
[20:00] | I’ll carry them for you. | 我会帮你拿的 |
[20:02] | I don’t need you! | 用不着! |
[20:04] | I don’t want you! And don’t say I’m rich! | 我也不想要你! 还有别再说我富有! |
[20:07] | – I won’t say it no more. – Is that what you and Idella talk about? | -我不会再说的了 -你跟埃迪拉聊的就是这个吗? |
[20:11] | I hate being discussed behind my back in my own house! | 在我这儿 我讨厌别人在背后议论我! |
[20:15] | I was born on Forsyth Street. | 我在弗西街长大 |
[20:18] | Believe me, I know the value of a penny! | 所以 我知道钱的来之不易! |
[20:20] | My brother brought home a white cat once. | 我哥哥曾经给我带来了一只猫 |
[20:23] | We couldn’t keep it because we couldn’t afford to feed it! | 我们没有收下 是因为我们养不起它! |
[20:26] | My sister saved up money… | 我之所以成为一名教师 |
[20:28] | so I could become a teacher! We had nothing! | 全是我姐姐省吃俭用的功劳 否则我们一无所有 |
[20:33] | But you’re doing all right now. | 但你现在好多了 |
[20:59] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛? |
[21:00] | I’m trying to drive you to the store! | 我要送你到商店去! |
[21:09] | Where are you off to this morning, Miss Werthan? | 一大早要到哪儿去呀 威尔顿太太? |
[21:13] | Just a little shopping. | 去买点东西 |
[21:15] | Go away! | 走开! |
[21:16] | I’ve ridden the trolley with groceries plenty of times! | 以前我也拎过 一大堆的东西挤在电车上! |
[21:19] | But I can’t keep taking Mr. Werthan’s money for doing nothing. | 但我不能收了威尔顿先生的钱 却什么事也不做 |
[21:24] | How much does he pay you? | 他付了你多少钱? |
[21:26] | Miss Daisy, that’s between him and me. | 戴茜夫人 那是我和他之间的问题 |
[21:29] | Anything over $7 a week is highway robbery! | 要是7美元一周的话 简直跟公路打劫没什么区别! |
[21:34] | You sure are right about that! | 这你可说对了 |
[21:36] | Especially since I don’t do nothing… | 尤其是我除了整天坐在沙发上 |
[21:38] | but sit on a stool all day. | 却什么都没做 |
[21:42] | All right. | 好吧 |
[21:45] | Piggly Wiggly… | 到威格丽商店 |
[21:47] | then home. Nowhere else. | 然后回家 就这样 |
[22:05] | Oh, I just love the smell of a new car. | 我就喜欢新车的这种味道 |
[22:08] | Don’t you, Miss Daisy? | 你呢 夫人? |
[22:14] | I am nobody’s fool, Hoke. | 我可没那么无聊 霍克 |
[22:16] | I know! | 这我知道! |
[22:18] | My husband taught me to run a car. | 我的丈夫教会我开车 |
[22:21] | I remember everything he said. | 现在我还记忆犹新 |
[22:23] | So don’t think even for a second you… | 所以你不要妄想 |
[22:26] | Wait. You’re speeding. | 慢着 你超速了 |
[22:28] | I can see it! | 我看得出来! |
[22:30] | We’re only going 19 miles an hour. | 我们现在的时速 只是十九英里而已 |
[22:33] | I like to go under the speed limit. | 我喜欢在限速范围内驾车 |
[22:36] | But the speed limit is 35 here. | 可这儿的限定时速是35英里 |
[22:38] | The slower you go the more gas you save. | 你开的越慢 油就越省 |
[22:41] | My husband taught me that! | 这是我丈夫教的! |
[22:45] | Ain’t hardly moving. Might as well walk… | 这就难办了 这样的话 |
[22:48] | to the Piggly Wiggly. | 还不如走着去超市呢 |
[22:50] | Is this your car? | 这是你的车吗? |
[22:54] | No. | 不 |
[22:55] | Do you pay for the gas? | 你来付汽油费吗? |
[22:58] | – No. – All right, then! | -不 -那就行 |
[23:00] | My son thinks I’m losing my abilities… | 虽然我儿子认为我不中用了 |
[23:03] | but I am still in control of what goes on in my car! | 但在这车里还是我说了算! |
[23:10] | Where are you going? | 你这是去哪儿? |
[23:12] | To the store, like you said. | 照你的吩咐 去超市 |
[23:15] | Why didn’t you turn on Highland? | 那怎么没在海兰街拐角啊? |
[23:17] | Piggly Wiggly ain’t on Highland. | 威格丽超市不在海兰街 |
[23:19] | I know where it is! Now take Highland Avenue. | 这我知道! 现在拐到海兰街去 |
[23:23] | – That’s three blocks out of the way. – Go back this minute! | -那就得多走三个街区的路 -现在就拐回去! |
[23:26] | – I can’t turn around now. – I’ve been driving to Piggly Wiggly… | -可我现在不能转弯 -自打威格丽商店开张时 |
[23:29] | since it opened for business. This isn’t the way! | 我走的都是那条路 这条路不对! |
[23:33] | Go back this minute! | 现在就拐回去! |
[23:35] | Miss Daisy, look. | 夫人 你听我说 |
[23:35] | Yonder is the Piggly Wiggly. See? | 这就多走了一大段冤枉路 知道吗? |
[23:41] | Get ready to turn. | 就在那儿拐弯吧 |
[23:50] | Careful. There’s a little girl. | 小心前面的那个小女孩 |
[23:52] | Yes, I see her. | 我看到了 |
[23:54] | Pull in here. | 就停在这儿吧 |
[24:04] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[24:06] | Give me the keys. | -车钥匙给我 -好的 |
[24:13] | Stay right here by the car. | -在车旁边等着我 -知道 |
[24:16] | And don’t tell everyone my business. | -不要跟别人提起我的事情 -不会的 |
[24:43] | Mr. Werthan? | 威尔顿先生吗? |
[24:46] | Yes, sir, it’s me! Guess where I’m at. | 是的 是我! 猜我现在在哪儿? |
[24:50] | I just drove your mama to the store! | 我送你的妈妈到商店了! |
[24:54] | You know, she flapped around some, | 她虽然发了些牢骚 |
[24:56] | but she’s all right. She’s in the store. | 但没什么事 她现在在商店里 |
[25:00] | Oh, Lord, she just looked out the window and seen me. | 哦 她从里面看到我在打电话了 |
[25:04] | She’ll probably throw a fit right there at the check-out counter. | 一会儿出来后可又要发作了 |
[25:08] | Yes, sir. You are right about that. It only took me six days. | 是的 你说的没错 我只用了六天的时间 |
[25:13] | Same time it took the Lord to make the world. | 和上帝创造世界用的时间一样 |
[25:17] | Yes, sir. All right. ‘Bye. | 好的 再见先生 |
[25:30] | Hey, Oscar, Junior. How’re you old boys doing today? | 嘿 伙计们 你们最近还好吗? |
[25:34] | How’s the lady been treating you? | 那位夫人对你怎么样? |
[25:36] | I’ll tell you one thing: She knows how to throw a fit. | 告诉你们吧 她的脾气可大了 |
[25:41] | What’s so funny? | 什么那么好笑? |
[25:44] | Nothing, Miss Daisy. We just carrying on. | 没什么 夫人 我们只是有些失态 |
[25:48] | Oscar and Junior been doing cleaning here for 15 years. | 他们两个在这儿打扫了十五年了 |
[25:51] | Never carried on before! | 从来没失态过 |
[25:53] | – Leave them alone. – Yes, ma’am. | -你出去 -好的 |
[25:55] | – Put your coat on. We’re late. – I’ll be right there. | -把大衣穿上 我们要迟了 -我这就来 |
[25:58] | Idella, I’m going now. | 埃迪拉 我走了 |
[26:02] | I’m right behind her. | 有我陪着她呢 |
[26:11] | Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. | 我们的上帝 这唯一的救世主 |
[27:01] | Such a nice man. And such a good, short sermon, wasn’t it? | 真不错 他的布道 简短而精彩 对吗? |
[27:13] | I can get myself in! | 我能自己来! |
[27:15] | Hurry out of here! | 快离开这儿! |
[27:33] | – Is something wrong, Miss Daisy? – No. | -怎么了 夫人? -没什么 |
[27:37] | – Something I’ve done? – No. | -我有做错什么了吗? -没有 |
[27:42] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:44] | I ain’t done anything. | 我没做什么事啊 |
[27:45] | You parked the car right in front of the temple, | 你把车停在教堂外面 |
[27:49] | like I was the Queen of Romania. | 就像迎接罗马尼亚女王一样 |
[27:51] | Everybody saw you! | 在场的人都看见了! |
[27:53] | I said to wait for me in the back. | 都跟你说在后面等着我 |
[27:55] | Yes, ma’am, but I was just trying to… | 这我知道 但是我是想 |
[27:58] | There were two chauffeurs right behind me. | 但我后面有两辆车挡住了 |
[28:01] | You made me look like a fool. A g.d. Fool! | 你让我看起来就像一个 傻瓜一样 大傻瓜! |
[28:04] | Oh, Miss Daisy, Lord knows you ain’t a fool! | 夫人 上帝知道 你不傻不就行了? |
[28:09] | Slow down! | 慢一点! |
[28:12] | Miriam and Beulah, I could see what they were thinking when we came out. | 米丽安和贝拉她们俩 不知会在背后怎么议论我 |
[28:17] | What’s that? | 议论什么? |
[28:19] | That I was pretending to be rich! | 我在装有钱人! |
[28:21] | – You is rich. – No, I’m not! | -你是很有钱 -我才不是呢 |
[28:24] | Nobody can say I put on airs. | 从没有人说过我在故意炫耀 |
[28:26] | On Forsyth Street we made many meals out of grits and gravy. | 在弗西街的时候 我们吃的也是清汤粗面 |
[28:30] | I have done without plenty of times. | 那种日子过得还少啊 |
[28:32] | Miss Daisy, if I was to ever get my hands on what you got… | 戴茜夫人 要是我 像你这样有钱的话 |
[28:37] | shoot, I’d shake it around for everyone in the world to see. | 我会向所有人都炫耀的 |
[28:41] | That is vulgar! Don’t talk to me! | 粗俗! 别跟我说这个! |
[28:46] | Never gonna understand some white folks. | 你们这些白人真让人搞不懂 |
[28:49] | What was that? I heard that! | 说什么呢? 我可听见了! |
[28:51] | Now, Miss Daisy, you need a chauffeur… | 戴茜夫人 你需要一个司机 |
[28:55] | and, Lord knows, I need a job. | 而我 需要一份工作 |
[28:57] | So why don’t we just leave it at that? | 所以我们就此打住好吗? |
[29:55] | Hello. | 你好 |
[29:56] | Good morning, Mama. What’s the matter? | 早啊 妈妈 怎么了? |
[30:00] | No, I don’t always think something’s wrong when you call. | 不是的 我并没埋怨你 又发生了什么事 |
[30:04] | Just when you call so early. | 只是你那么早打电话来 |
[30:08] | What? | 什么? |
[30:11] | All right. I’ll be there as soon as I can. | 好的 我这就赶过来 |
[30:19] | I better get on over there. | 我最好过去一趟 |
[30:21] | ‘Bye. | 拜! |
[30:23] | Come on. | 别这样 亲爱的 |
[30:25] | It’s not healthy to rush like this. | 一大早的赶过去对身子不好 |
[30:28] | I eat too much, anyway. | 我吃得够多的了 |
[30:31] | Besides, it sounds like she needs me. | 而且 她好像真的需要我 |
[30:34] | When doesn’t it? Give Mother Werthan my love. | 哪回不是这样? 替我向母亲问声好 |
[30:43] | Coffee, Katie Bell! | 咖啡 卡蒂! |
[30:57] | I didn’t expect to find you in one piece. | 我可不想你又出什么事了 |
[30:59] | I wanted you to be here when he comes. | 他来的时候我想你最好在这儿 |
[31:02] | I wanted you to hear it for yourself. | 我想让你亲自听一下 |
[31:04] | What is going on? | 怎么了? |
[31:06] | He’s stealing from me. | 他偷了我的东西 |
[31:09] | Hoke? Are you sure? | 霍克? 你确定? |
[31:11] | I don’t make empty accusations. I have proof! | 我从不随便冤枉人 我有证据! |
[31:14] | What proof? | 什么证据? |
[31:15] | This! I found it hidden in the garbage under some coffee grounds. | 这个! 在车房里我找到了这个 |
[31:20] | – He stole a can of salmon? – Here it is! | -他偷了一罐鱼罐头? -就是这个 |
[31:23] | I knew there was something funny. | 我知道这很好笑 |
[31:26] | They all take things, you know, so I counted. | 但你知道 他们经常拿东西的 所以我全数了一遍 |
[31:30] | – You counted? – The silverware first. | -你都数了一遍? -先是银餐具 |
[31:33] | Then the linen napkins. And then I went into the pantry. | 然后是桌布 最后我走进厨房 |
[31:37] | And the first thing that caught my eye was a hole… | 第一眼就看到了那个 |
[31:42] | behind the lima beans. | 黄豆罐头上少了一罐鱼罐头 |
[31:44] | And I knew right away. | 我就明白是怎么一回事了 |
[31:48] | There were only eight cans of salmon. I had nine! | 现在只剩下八罐了 应该是九罐的! |
[31:51] | Three for $1 on sale. | 一美元三罐 |
[31:52] | Very clever, Mama. | 太精明了 妈妈 |
[31:54] | I missed my breakfast and I’m late to a meeting… | 我没吃早餐 开会又得迟到 |
[31:57] | for a 33 cents can of salmon? | 就为了你这33美分的鱼罐头? |
[32:00] | You want 33 cents? Here’s 1 dollar! | 你不是说33美分吗? |
[32:02] | Here’s 10 dollars! Buy yourself a pantry full of salmon! | 这儿有10美元! 够你买一整屋的了! |
[32:05] | Why, Boolie, the idea! | 波利 你在干什么? |
[32:07] | Waving money at me like that! | 用钱来打发我吗? ! |
[32:10] | I don’t want money. I want my things! | 我不要钱 我只要回我的东西! |
[32:12] | – One can of salmon? – Well, it was mine! | -一罐鱼罐头吗? -对 这是我的东西 |
[32:17] | I leave him plenty of food every day. | 每天我都有让他吃饱的 |
[32:20] | I tell him exactly what it is. | 这我也跟他说过的 |
[32:22] | They’re like children in the house. | 他们像小孩一样 |
[32:24] | If they want something, they just take it! | 想得到一样东西 就会随便乱拿! |
[32:26] | He’ll never admit this. | 他是不会承认的 |
[32:28] | “No,” he’ll say, “I don’t know nothing about that!” | 他会说:”不是的 我什么也不知道” |
[32:31] | I don’t like it! I don’t like living with no privacy. | 我不喜欢这样! 我不喜欢这种没有隐私的生活 |
[32:37] | Go ahead, defend him. You always do! | 袒护他吧 你一向这样的 |
[32:41] | All right, I give up! | 我不管了! |
[32:43] | You want to drive again, arrange your own insurance. | 你想自己开车 给保险公司找麻烦 |
[32:46] | Take the trolley. | 自己去坐电车 |
[32:48] | Buy yourself a taxicab! Anything you want! | 或是叫出租车! 随便你怎么做! |
[32:51] | Just leave me out of it! | 别再来烦我就行! |
[32:53] | Why, Boolie! | 波利 你! |
[33:00] | What do you reckon he’s doing here this time of morning? | 你猜他一大早 到这儿干什么来了? |
[33:04] | Can’t be good, I promise you that! | 不会是好事的 这我敢打赌 |
[33:18] | – Good morning. – Good morning, Miss Daisy. | -早上好 -早啊 戴茜夫人 |
[33:20] | I think it’s fixing to clear up out there! | 我想外面的雾很快就会散了 |
[33:24] | Excuse me, Mr. Werthan. Y’all busy? | 是你啊 威尔顿先生 今天没公务吗? |
[33:27] | We have to have a little talk, Hoke. | 我们有点事要谈一下了 霍克 |
[33:32] | All right, just let me get out of my coat. | 好的 先让我把外衣脱了 |
[33:43] | Yesterday while you were out, | 对了 夫人 昨天你出去的时候 |
[33:44] | I ate a can of your salmon. | 我吃了一罐鱼罐头 |
[33:47] | Now I know you said to eat the leftover pork chops. | 我知道你说过可以 吃那些剩下的猪排 |
[33:52] | Well, they were kind of stiff. | 但那些都有点硬了 |
[33:54] | So I stopped by the Piggly Wiggly and got you another can. | 今天我经过商店的时候 给你买回了一罐 |
[33:58] | Do you want me to put it on the shelf? | 用我把它放回到橱柜里吗? |
[34:01] | Yes, thank you, Hoke. | 好的 谢谢 |
[34:04] | I’ll be right with you, Mr. Werthan. | 我这就来 威尔顿先生 |
[34:08] | Well, I got to get dressed now. | 好了 我要去穿衣服了 |
[34:12] | Good-bye, Son. | 再见 孩子 |
[35:54] | You know, Miss Daisy, I was just thinking. | 知道吗 夫人 我在想 |
[35:58] | We been out to this cemetery three times this month already. | 这个月我们 是第三次来这儿了 |
[36:02] | It ain’t even the 20th yet. | 连这回是第二十次了 |
[36:04] | It’s good to come in nice weather. | 天气好的时候来比较好 |
[36:06] | Yes, ma’am. You sure right about that. Sure is. | 是的夫人 你说得很对 |
[36:11] | Mr. Sig’s grave is mighty well tended. | 斯格先生的墓 一直被照看地很好 |
[36:15] | I think you’re the best widow in the State of Georgia. | 我想你该是佐治亚州 最好的寡妇了 |
[36:19] | Boolie’s always pestering me to have the staff here tend to this plot. | 波利他们一直劝我再找一个 |
[36:23] | “Perpetual care,” they call it. | 他们称这为”永久的看护” |
[36:26] | Well, don’t you do it! | 你不会的 |
[36:28] | It’s right to have a member of the family looking after you. | 不过家里有个人 照顾你倒是一件好事 |
[36:32] | I’ll never have that! | 我是不会的 |
[36:34] | Boolie will have me in perpetual care before I’m cold. | 死的时候埋在这儿 不就找到永久归宿了? |
[36:38] | Miss Daisy, you ought to go on away from here! | 戴茜夫人 你可真会说笑! |
[36:44] | Put that azalea on Leo Bauer’s grave. | 把这些杜鹃花 放到鲍尔先生的墓前 |
[36:48] | Leo Bauer. Is that Miss Rose Bauer’s husband? | 鲍尔先生 是罗西 鲍尔夫人的丈夫吗? |
[36:52] | She asked me to bring it out here. | 这是她嘱咐我的 |
[36:57] | Where is his grave at, Miss Daisy? | 他的墓在哪儿 夫人? |
[37:00] | I’m not exactly sure. I know it’s two rows over that way. | 我也不太清楚 只知道在那边的两排里面 |
[37:05] | You’ll see the headstone, “Bauer.” | 你看墓碑就行 |
[37:11] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[37:13] | Nothing wrong. Nothing the matter at all. | 没什么 没什么 |
[37:24] | Now, you say… | 你刚才是说 |
[37:25] | I told you it’s two rows over that way. It says “Bauer” on the headstone. | 我说是在那两排 墓碑上写着”鲍尔”的就是 |
[37:32] | What’s that look like? | 那个名字怎么拼? |
[37:34] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[37:36] | I’m talking about I can’t read, ma’am. | 我是说我不识字 夫人 |
[37:41] | What? | 什么? |
[37:42] | I can’t read, Miss Daisy. | 我不识字 |
[37:44] | You look at the paper all the time. | 那你整天还看着报纸? |
[37:47] | Well, that’s just it. I just be looking! | 是的 我只是在看而已 |
[37:51] | I try to dope out what’s going on… | 我是看里面的照片 |
[37:53] | from the pictures. | 来猜出其中的意思的 |
[37:55] | You know your letters? | 那你会看信吗? |
[37:56] | Yes, ma’am. I know my ABC’s. I just can’t read. | 当然 字母我是知道的 但就是不识字 |
[38:00] | Stop saying that! You’re making me mad! | 别说了 你都把我搞糊涂了! |
[38:04] | If you know your letters, then you can read. | 要是会看信的话 你就应该会识字的 |
[38:06] | You just don’t know you can read. | 你连自己识不识字都不知道 |
[38:09] | I taught some of the stupidest children God ever put on this earth. | 我教过那些很笨的学生 |
[38:13] | And they all could read enough to find a name on a tombstone. | 连他们都能认出墓碑上的名字 |
[38:17] | The name is “Bauer.” | 那个名字是”鲍尔” |
[38:23] | “Bauer!” What does that “buh” letter sound like? | “鲍尔”那个”鲍” 的发音应该怎么拼? |
[38:29] | – B? – Of course! | -B吗? -对了 |
[38:34] | “Er.” That is the last part. “Bauer!” | “尔”就是后面的字 “鲍尔” |
[38:37] | What letter sounds like “er”? | “尔”的发音又该怎么拼? |
[38:41] | R! | 是R? |
[38:42] | – So the first letter is… – B! | -所以第一个字母是 -B |
[38:44] | And the last letter? | 那最后一个字母呢? |
[38:46] | R! R! | |
[38:47] | B-R B-R. “B”-“er.” | |
[38:49] | It even sounds like Bauer, doesn’t it? | 听起来就像”鲍尔”的发音 对吧? |
[38:52] | It sure do, Miss Daisy! It sure do! | 是的 夫人! 是的 |
[39:00] | – That it? – That’s it. | -就这么简单? -是的 |
[39:04] | – We won’t worry about the middle? – Not right now. | -中间那些字母都不用管它了? -是的 |
[39:07] | This will be enough for you to find it. Go on, now. | 这已经可以帮你找到 那个墓碑了 去吧 |
[39:33] | B at the beginning. | 开头字母是B |
[39:36] | R at the end. | 最后是R |
[39:45] | B R B… R. | |
[39:48] | That’s it. | 是这个了 |
[39:51] | That’s all right! | 没错! |
[40:06] | – Miss Daisy. – Yes? | -戴茜夫人 -怎么? |
[40:10] | I sure do appreciate this! | 我真应该感谢你 |
[40:12] | Don’t be ridiculous! I didn’t do anything! | 别傻了! 我根本没做什么? |
[40:15] | Let’s get all this back in the car. I’m burning up out here. | 把这些放到车厢去 我还赶时间呢 |
[40:21] | Here we go. | 我们这就走 |
[40:43] | Of course I told you! | 我跟你说过的 |
[40:46] | Of course I told you! | 我跟你说过的 |
[40:49] | How can I be expected to buy it if you don’t write it down? | 你不把它写在上面 叫我怎么给你买啊? |
[40:53] | I’m sorry, Miss Florine. | 对不起 弗萝琳小姐 |
[41:01] | I need you. | 过来一下 |
[41:02] | I’ll be right there. | 我这就来 |
[41:04] | Do you have any idea what it takes to give a Christmas reception? | 举办圣诞晚会 你有什么好主意吗? |
[41:09] | It takes an eye for detail. | 所有琐事都要注意到 |
[41:12] | I told you a million times, Katie Bell, write it down! | 我告诉过你很多遍了 卡蒂 把它写下来! |
[41:16] | More I cannot do! | 我是记不了那么多的 |
[41:18] | We’re out of coconut. | 椰汁没有了 |
[41:20] | I’m sure we can manage. | 这个好办 亲爱的 |
[41:22] | – I told her. – But you didn’t write it down! | -我告诉过她的 -但你没有没有写下来! |
[41:26] | I don’t need to stand and listen to excuses on Christmas. | 在圣诞节 我不想听那么多的借口 |
[41:30] | You figure out how to serve ambrosia to 50 people without coconut. | 没有椰汁招呼客人 你去想办法吧 |
[41:34] | I give up! | 我不管了! |
[41:39] | Don’t worry, Katie Bell. It’s not quite the end of the world. | 别担心 卡蒂 这又不是世界末日 |
[41:55] | Everybody’s giving the Georgia Power Company a merry Christmas. | 每户人都在给乔治亚州的电厂圣诞礼物呢 |
[42:00] | Bet Miss Florine beat them all, | 弗萝琳小姐一定把灯全挂满了 |
[42:02] | especially with the new house. | 尤其是她那间新屋子 |
[42:04] | Absurd! | 荒谬! |
[42:05] | If I had a nose like Florine, | 如果我是弗萝琳的话 |
[42:08] | I wouldn’t say, “Merry Christmas” to anybody. | 是不会对别人说”圣诞快乐”的 |
[42:14] | I really do enjoy a Christmas at their house. | 我非常喜欢在他们家过圣诞节 |
[42:19] | No wonder. You’re the only Christian in the place. | 这我不奇怪 你是那儿唯一的基督徒 |
[42:21] | They got that new cook. | 他们就喜欢新鲜事物 |
[42:24] | Florine never could keep help. | 弗萝琳老是学不聪明 |
[42:26] | Of course, it’s none of my affair. | 当然 这不关我的事 |
[42:29] | Too much running around: The Garden Club this… | 就只会搞些 什么花园俱乐部 |
[42:33] | the Junior League that. As if they’d give her the time of day. | 还称什么年轻人联盟 好像是她的神一样 |
[42:36] | She’d die before she’d fix a glass of iced tea for the Temple Sisterhood. | 不受一点教训的话 她是不会死心的 |
[42:42] | I hope she doesn’t take it into her head to sing this year. | 我可不希望她今年 再唱那首歌了 |
[42:52] | Lord, have mercy! Look what Miss Florine done. | 上帝啊 看看弗萝琳做的这些事 |
[42:55] | If her grandfather, old man Frietag, could see this… | 要是她的祖父老弗雷泰 看到的话 |
[42:59] | What is it you say? | 你猜会怎么着? |
[43:01] | I bet he’d jump out of his grave and snatch her baldheaded. | 我猜他会从坟墓里蹦出来 拔光她的头发 |
[43:15] | Jump up and snatch her baldheaded. | 蹦出来拔光她的头发 |
[43:19] | Oh, Miss Daisy, you go on away from here. | 夫人 你真会说笑 |
[43:31] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[43:33] | This isn’t a Christmas present. | 这可不是圣诞礼物 |
[43:36] | You know I don’t give Christmas presents. | 你知道我是不给圣诞礼物的 |
[43:39] | I happened to run across it this morning. | 只是今早碰巧找到的 |
[43:43] | Well, go on, open it. | 好了 打开看看吧 |
[43:52] | Look at that. | 看啊 |
[43:54] | Ain’t nobody never gave me no book before. | 以前从未有人给过我书 |
[43:59] | “Zaner Method Writing.” | “阅读写作入门” |
[44:02] | I always taught out of these. I saved a few. | 我以前就是教这个的 还留有几本 |
[44:06] | It’s faded, but it works. | 有点褪色了 但还用得着 |
[44:09] | If you practice, you’ll write nicely. | 如果能经常练习 你就能写字了 |
[44:11] | But you have to practice. | 但你必须得多练习 |
[44:14] | I taught Mayor Hartsfield out of the same book. | 哈斯·菲尔德市长小的时候 我也是用这本书教他 |
[44:18] | I sure do thank you. | 真是太谢谢你了 |
[44:20] | It’s not a Christmas present. | 这可不是圣诞礼物 |
[44:22] | Jews have no business giving Christmas presents. | 犹太人一向是 不给圣诞礼物的 |
[44:25] | You don’t have to go yapping about this to Boolie or Florine. | 这事你也不必跟波利 或者弗萝琳提起 |
[44:29] | This is between you and me. | 这只有你和我知道 |
[44:32] | Merry Christmas, Mother Werthan. | 圣诞快乐 妈妈 |
[44:34] | I hope I don’t spit up. | 真让我想吐 |
[44:37] | Merry Christmas, Mama. Hoke. | 圣诞快乐 妈妈 霍克 |
[45:23] | She fought me on this one… | 她坚持要我买这辆 |
[45:26] | but it is time for a trade. | 但现在还不是时候 |
[45:29] | I’ll bet you’ll miss the old one. | 你一定很想要回以前那辆吧 |
[45:32] | No, sir, I don’t expect I’ll miss it that much. | 不 先生 我也不是太怀旧以前那辆 |
[45:35] | Come on, you’re the only one who’s driven it all this time. | 得了 你可是整天开着它到处跑的 |
[45:39] | Won’t you be a little sorry to see it go? | 看见它被卖掉你就不难过? |
[45:41] | It ain’t going nowhere. I done bought it. | 不会的 我把它买下来了 |
[45:45] | You didn’t. | 不可能 |
[45:46] | I sure did. Already made the deal with Mr. Red Mitchell. | 是真的 协约已经跟米歇尔先生签好了 |
[45:49] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[45:51] | That is for him and me to know. | 这是我和他之间的事 |
[45:54] | Hey, Boolie! | 嘿 波利! |
[45:55] | Got a gem here. | 找到中意的了吗? |
[45:57] | Got that paper, Hoke? | 霍克 把协约拿来了吗? |
[46:00] | I got it right here. | 我早拿来了 |
[46:01] | Be right there. | 这就来 |
[46:03] | Why didn’t you buy it from Mama? You would’ve saved money. | 为何不直接跟我母亲买? 这样能省下不少钱 |
[46:07] | No, sir. Your mama is in my business enough as it is. | 不用了 你妈妈 已经帮我很大忙了 |
[46:10] | I ain’t studying about making monthly payments to her. | 她教我学字我还没有 付学费给她呢 |
[46:15] | She is mine the regular way. | 它是我心甘情愿买的 |
[46:16] | The Hudson’s a good car. | “哈森”汽车是辆好车 |
[46:18] | Nobody knows that better than you. | 这没人比你更清楚了 |
[46:21] | Best that ever come off the line. | 最终的梦想得以实现了 |
[46:23] | And this here new one, if Miss Daisy don’t take to it… | 这一款新车 要是戴茜夫人不买的话 |
[46:28] | I’ll let her ride in this one. | 我会让她坐我那辆的 |
[46:31] | Mighty nice of you. | 你这人真好 |
[46:33] | We do what we can. | 只是尽一下本分而已 |
[47:40] | It is three after seven. | 差三分钟就快七点了 |
[47:42] | Yes, ma’am. You said we were leaving at fifteen to eight. | 我知道 但你说的是 七点三刻才出发的 |
[47:46] | At the latest, I said. | 我是说最迟七点三刻 |
[47:49] | What business you got dragging this mess out of the house by yourself? | 你自己一人 把这些东西搬出来干嘛? |
[47:54] | Who was here to help me? | 那有谁来帮我啊? |
[47:56] | Lord, have mercy! | 哦 我的上帝! |
[47:58] | It don’t take more than five minutes to load this car. | 把这些东西搬到车上 花不了五分钟时间 |
[48:02] | You’re fixing to break your arms and your legs before we even leave the manor. | 我们要是都走了 你准会把自己手脚摔坏的 |
[48:06] | You’re taking on too much. | 你做的够多的了 |
[48:08] | I hate doing things at the last minute. | 我不想到死的时候 才做去这些事 |
[48:10] | What you talking about? Been ready to go for a week and a half. | 你在说什么呢? 你现在可是去度假 |
[48:14] | – Give me that. – No, don’t touch that. | -把那个给我吧 -不 别碰这个 |
[48:17] | It sure is pretty. Is that Mr. Walter’s present? | 这真漂亮 是给华特先生的礼物吗? |
[48:20] | Yes. It’s fragile. I’ll put it on the seat. | 没错 它很容易碎 我还是放到车座上吧 |
[48:24] | Good morning, Mr. Werthan. | 早啊 威尔顿先生 |
[48:25] | You nearly missed us. | 我们差点就出发了 |
[48:27] | You were leaving at quarter of. | 你们又说七点三刻 |
[48:29] | – She’s taking on. – Be still! | -她等不及了 -别乱说 |
[48:32] | Florine bought this for Uncle Walter. | 这是弗萝琳给华特叔叔买的 |
[48:35] | Mama, it’s not a snake! | 可不再是蛇之类的东西了 |
[48:37] | I think it’s notepaper. | 我猜可能是信纸之类的东西 |
[48:39] | How appropriate. Uncle Walter can’t see. | 真是周到 你知道 华特叔叔是看不见东西的 |
[48:42] | Maybe it’s soap. | 也可能是香皂吧 |
[48:43] | How nice that you take an interest in your uncle’s 90th birthday. | 能惦记着你叔叔的九十岁生日真是有心了 |
[48:48] | Don’t start up with me, Mama. | 别再为难我了 妈妈 |
[48:49] | I can’t go to Mobile with you. | 我不能和你一块去”摩拜”了 |
[48:51] | I have to go to New York for a convention. | 我还得赶去纽约参加一个会议 |
[48:53] | The convention starts Monday. | 会议星期一才开始 |
[48:56] | And I know what else I know. | 这些我都知道的 |
[48:58] | Leave Florine out of this. She ordered the tickets eight months ago. | 这都得怪弗萝琳 八个月前就定好了票 |
[49:02] | I’m sure My Fair Lady is more important than your relatives. | 你的生意比亲人还重要 这我知道 |
[49:06] | Those Christians will be impressed. | 那些基督徒会记得这个的 |
[49:09] | I can’t talk to you when you’re like this. | 你这样我没法跟你说了 |
[49:13] | – We’re expected in Mobile for supper. – You’ll be there. | -我们要在”摩拜”吃晚餐 -那就去吧 |
[49:17] | How will you stand her all day? | 真搞不懂你能忍她那么久? |
[49:19] | They’ll fix crab. All that trouble. | 又在发牢骚 真拿他们没办法 |
[49:23] | She’s just worked up. | 她只是有点激动而已 |
[49:24] | Here’s $50 in case you have trouble. | 这是五十美金 以防万一 |
[49:27] | Don’t show it to Mama! | 别让妈妈瞧见了! |
[49:30] | – Have you got a map? – She’s got it in the back seat. | -带上地图了吗? -这个她放在车后面了 |
[49:34] | It’s 7:16! | 已经七点十六分了! |
[49:37] | You should have a job on the radio announcing the time. | 你真该在电台那儿 找份报时的工作 |
[49:40] | – I want to miss rush hour. – You will. | -我只是想避开塞车而已 -你会的 |
[49:42] | Congratulate Uncle Walter for me and kiss everybody in Mobile. | 替我向华特叔叔祝寿 还有向没人问好 |
[49:47] | The air conditioning… | 这车上的空调 |
[49:49] | did you check it, like I said? | 你按我的吩咐检查过了吗? |
[49:51] | I got the air conditioning checked. | 这我已经检查过了 |
[49:54] | I don’t know why. You never let me turn it on! | 但我搞不懂 你从不叫我开它 |
[49:57] | Hush up! | 打住! |
[50:01] | Goodbye. | 再见了 |
[50:04] | Good luck! | 祝好运! |
[50:06] | Good God! | 感谢上帝! |
[50:27] | Turn left. | 向左转 |
[50:30] | No, right! Turn right! | 不 向右 向右! |
[51:15] | Did I ever tell you about the first time I left Georgia? | 我有跟你说过我第一次 离开乔治亚州的事吗? |
[51:18] | When was that? | 那是什么时候? |
[51:20] | A few minutes back! | 几分钟前 |
[51:22] | Go on! | 继续! |
[51:25] | My daughter… | 我的女儿 |
[51:26] | is married to a Pullman porter. | 她嫁给了一个火车搬运工 |
[51:29] | She is always on the go. | 所以她去了很多地方 |
[51:32] | New York, Detroit, Saint Louis… | 纽约 底特律 圣路易斯 |
[51:37] | I say, “That’s all well and good, Tommie Lee… | 我说:”这当然很好” |
[51:40] | “but I don’t feel the need for it.” | 但我不习惯这种生活 |
[51:44] | So here it is. | 所以到现在为止 |
[51:46] | The first time. | 这是第一次 |
[51:48] | I might tell you, Miss Daisy… | 还有 夫人 |
[51:51] | Alabama ain’t looking like much so far! | 阿拉巴马看起来还是老样子 |
[52:27] | Idella sure does stuff eggs good! | 埃迪拉做的鸡蛋真不赖! |
[52:30] | You stuff yourself good. | 你自己也很会收手尾 |
[52:42] | I was thinking about the first time I went to Mobile. | 我想起我第一次到 “摩拜”时候的事了 |
[52:46] | It was Walter’s wedding. 1888. | 那是1888年去参加 华特夫妇的婚礼 |
[52:50] | 1888! You were nothing but a little bitty thing. | 1888年! 那时你还是一个小不点吧 |
[52:55] | I was 12. | 那时我十二岁 |
[52:57] | We went on the train. | 我们是坐火车去 |
[52:59] | Oh, I was so excited. | 当时真的很兴奋 |
[53:03] | I’d never been in a wedding party. | 自己那时从没有参加过婚礼 |
[53:05] | And I’d never seen the ocean. | 也从未看见过大海 |
[53:10] | Papa said it was the Gulf of Mexico, not the ocean, | 爸爸说那是墨西哥湾 不是大海 |
[53:13] | but it was all the same to me. | 但对我来说都一样 |
[53:17] | I asked Papa if it was all right for me to dip my hand in the water. | 我问爸爸能否 让我把头泡到海里去 |
[53:24] | He laughed because I was so timid. | 于是他就笑我胆子太小 |
[53:30] | And then I tasted the salt water on my fingers. | 然后我捧了一把海水放到嘴里 |
[53:38] | Isn’t that a silly thing to remember? | 说这些是不是有点犯傻了? |
[53:42] | No sillier than what most folks remember. | 比别人的好听多了 |
[53:46] | Boy! | 嘿 伙计! |
[53:48] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[53:50] | What are you doing with this car? | 你在车旁边干嘛? |
[53:52] | This is my car, Officer. | 这是我的车 长官 |
[53:55] | Can I see your registration, please, and your license, boy. | 我能看一下证件 和还有驾照吗? |
[54:11] | What’s this name? Wertheran? | 叫什么名字? 威德兰吗? |
[54:13] | Werthan. | 是威尔顿 |
[54:15] | Never heard that one before. What kind of name is it? | 以前从没听说过这个 是什么名字? |
[54:18] | It’s of German derivation. | 这源自德语 |
[54:21] | German derivation. | 源自德语 |
[54:39] | Thank you, ma’am. | 打扰了 夫人 |
[55:16] | An old nigger and an old Jew woman riding down the road together. | 一个老黑鬼和一个 老犹太女人同坐一车 |
[55:21] | Now that is one sorry sight. | 这真是难得一见 |
[55:34] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天啊 |
[55:35] | The sign says Phenix City 30 miles. | 那上面说距菲尼克斯 还有30英里 |
[55:38] | We’re not supposed to go to Phenix City! Oh, my God! | 我们不是去菲尼克斯! 天啊! |
[55:42] | Maybe you read it wrong. | 或许是你看错了 |
[55:44] | I didn’t. Stop the car. Stop the car! | 没有 把车停下 快停下! |
[55:48] | Lord, have mercy. | 上帝保佑 |
[56:00] | Here. You took the wrong turn at Opelika. | 看这儿 你在 “欧培里卡”拐错弯了 |
[56:04] | You took it with me, Miss Daisy, | 这可是你指的路 戴茜夫人 |
[56:06] | and you got the map. | 地图可是在你手里 |
[56:08] | I was getting the lunch! Go on back. My God! | 我吃午餐而已! 往回走 这可回好! |
[56:11] | It ain’t been more than 30 minutes since we turned. | 我们拐弯已经走了 有三十多分钟的路了 |
[56:56] | They fixed crab for me. | 这都得怪他们 |
[56:58] | Minnie always fixes crab. They go to so much trouble. | 老是给我添这些麻烦 |
[57:02] | It’s all ruined by now. | 现在什么都一团糟了 |
[57:07] | We going to have to pull over. | 我们要在路边停车了 |
[57:09] | What’s wrong with the car? | 是车子出了什么问题吗? |
[57:11] | There ain’t nothing wrong with the car. | 车子没出什么问题 |
[57:13] | I got to be excused. | 我要下来一下 |
[57:17] | I got to go make water. | 我要去方便一下 |
[57:20] | You should have thought of that at the service station. | 在加油站的时候 你就应该去的 |
[57:23] | You know colored can’t use the toilet at any service station, Miss Daisy. | 要知道 在加油站黑人 是不能用厕所的 |
[57:28] | There’s no time to stop. We’ll be in Mobile soon. You can wait. | 没时间了 我们就快到了 你忍一下吧 |
[57:38] | No, ma’am. | 不行了 |
[57:42] | – I told you to wait! – I heard what you said. | -我叫你忍一下的 -这我听见 |
[57:47] | How do you think I feel having to ask you, “Can I go make water?” | 你不觉得我这样问 “我可以去方便一下吗? “ |
[57:52] | Like I’m some child. | 就像是一个小孩一样吗? |
[57:54] | You ought to be ashamed. | 你该感到羞愧 |
[57:55] | I ain’t no child, Miss Daisy. | 我可不是小孩 夫人 |
[57:58] | And I ain’t just a back of the neck you look at while you go where you got to go. | 我也不是你到哪儿 我就跟到哪儿的跟屁虫 |
[58:03] | I’m a man, I’m near 70 years old, | 我是个人 我也将近七十岁了 |
[58:06] | and I know when my bladder’s full. | 知道自己什么时候该方便 |
[58:09] | Now I’m going to get out of this car… | 我现在就要下车 |
[58:12] | and go over there and do what I got to do. | 然后到那儿把问题解决了 |
[58:15] | I’m taking the key with me, too. Now that’s all there is to it! | 我也得把车钥匙拿走 只能是这样了 |
[58:46] | Hoke! | 霍克! |
[58:57] | Hoke! | 霍克! |
[59:04] | Hoke? | 霍克! ? |
[59:19] | You all right, Miss Daisy? | 你没事吧 夫人? |
[59:22] | Of course I am. | 当然 |
[59:27] | Is that you, Slick? It’s Boolie. How you doing? | 是你吗 史力克? 我是波利 你还好吗? |
[59:32] | Congratulations on your dad’s big day. | 替我向你父亲祝寿 |
[59:35] | Thank you, Boolie. Thank you. Aunt Daisy! | 谢了 波利 戴茜姑姑! |
[59:43] | It’s Boolie on the phone. | 是波利打来的电话 |
[59:46] | Hello! | 你好! |
[59:48] | Hey, Son! | 嘿 儿子! |
[59:50] | Uncle Walter appreciates your call. | 华特叔叔谢谢你打的电话 |
[59:53] | I don’t think he can come to the phone. | 我想他不能来听你的电话了 |
[59:55] | Fine. How’s Hoke? | 算了 霍克呢? |
[59:57] | What do you mean? How should he be? | 你什么意思? 他还能怎么样? |
[1:00:00] | Happy birthday, Uncle Walter. | 生日快乐 华特叔叔 |
[1:00:02] | I got to hang up now, Boolie. | 我得挂电话了 |
[1:00:05] | Yeah, I’ll tell him. | 好的 我会跟他说的 |
[1:00:52] | ‘Morning, Miss McClatchey. | 早啊 麦克莱蒂小姐 |
[1:00:55] | Well, good morning to you. | 早上好 |
[1:00:59] | Can I see him? | 我能见他吗? |
[1:01:01] | It’s Mr. Sinclair Harris, sir. | 这位是辛克莱尔·哈里斯先生 |
[1:01:03] | My cousin Sinclair? | 我的堂兄辛克莱尔? |
[1:01:05] | His wife… The one that talks funny. | 他的妻子 就是那位说话很风趣的 |
[1:01:09] | She’s from Canton, Ohio. | 她来自俄亥俄州 |
[1:01:12] | She’s trying to hire me. | 她要雇我 |
[1:01:16] | – What? – Yes, sir. She said: | -什么? -是的 她还问 |
[1:01:18] | “How they treating you down there, Hoke?” | “他们对你怎么样 霍克? “ |
[1:01:21] | You know how she sounds, like her nose is stuffed up. | 你也知道她这话是什么意思 |
[1:01:24] | So I said, “Fine, Mrs. Harris, just fine, thank you.” | 我就跟她说”好的 哈里斯夫人 谢谢你” |
[1:01:28] | She said, “Well, you looking for a change, | 她说 “要是你想换一下环境的话 |
[1:01:30] | you know who to call.” | 你知道该找谁的” |
[1:01:32] | I’ll be damned! | 真是该死! |
[1:01:34] | I thought you ought to know about it. | 我想应该让你知道这事 |
[1:01:37] | I’ll be goddamned. | 真是该死 |
[1:01:39] | Ain’t she a mess? | 她很难伺候吗? |
[1:01:41] | Said, “Name your own salary.” | 她说 “你出个价吧” |
[1:01:46] | I see. And did you? | 我明白了 那你怎么样? |
[1:01:52] | Did I what? | 什么怎么样? |
[1:01:53] | Name your own salary? | 你也要出个价吗? |
[1:01:55] | Go away. What you think I am? | 得了 你想我是这种人吗? |
[1:01:57] | I ain’t studying about going to work for no trashy something like her. | 我才不会笨到 去给她那种人打工呢 |
[1:02:02] | But she got you thinking, didn’t she? | 但她让你考虑一下 对吧? |
[1:02:05] | Well, sir, you might say that. | 是的 先生 你可以这样说 |
[1:02:11] | “Name your salary.” | 开个价吧 |
[1:02:13] | That’s exactly what she said. | 她是这么跟我说的 |
[1:02:17] | Well, how does $65 a week sound? | 好吧 一周65美金你觉得怎样? |
[1:02:22] | Sounds pretty good, sir. | 太好了 先生 |
[1:02:24] | Course, $75 sounds better. | 当然 75美金一周最好 |
[1:02:29] | It sure does! | 真的! |
[1:02:34] | Beginning this week. | 从这周开始吧 |
[1:02:39] | That’s mighty nice of you. | 你真是太好了 |
[1:02:41] | I sure appreciate this. Thank you. | 我真得感谢你 谢谢 |
[1:02:48] | You ever have folks fighting over you? | 先生 你和别人讨价还价过吗? |
[1:02:51] | No. | 没有 |
[1:02:53] | It sure feels good. | 感觉真不错 |
[1:03:03] | One dot. | 一筒 |
[1:03:10] | Nine dot. | 九筒 |
[1:03:14] | Two dot. | 二筒 |
[1:03:16] | Mah-jongg. | 听牌 |
[1:03:17] | You are the luckiest thing, Beulah! | 贝拉 你可真走运! |
[1:03:22] | Excuse me. | 请稍候 |
[1:03:37] | I don’t know how you can look at that. | 我不明白你怎么能看懂这个? |
[1:03:41] | See it a few times, you get in it. | 多看几遍 自然就能领会了 |
[1:03:45] | Both your brains are fixing to evaporate. | 你们俩都快迷进去了 |
[1:03:49] | You can bring the cake now, Hoke. | 霍克 可以把蛋糕拿过来了 |
[1:03:52] | Don’t make a mess with those peas. | 别把这些豌豆弄乱了 埃迪拉 |
[1:03:54] | Do I ever? | 我会吗? |
[1:03:57] | Lord, have mercy, look at that. Ain’t she got a lot of hair? | 天啊 看那个 她的头发怎么会那么多? |
[1:04:01] | How she get it so shiny? | 不知道她怎么弄得那么亮 |
[1:04:03] | Washes it in mayonnaise. | 用蛋黄洗呗 |
[1:04:05] | – Go on away from here, Idella! – Yes, she did. | -别胡扯了 埃迪拉 -是真的 |
[1:04:08] | I read it in Life magazine. | 我在”生活”杂志中看过 |
[1:04:12] | Don’t seem human, does it? | 那人太野蛮了 对吧? |
[1:04:15] | He will tear you to shreds! | 他会把你撕碎的! |
[1:04:18] | I am not going into that court, and I’m not giving in! | 我不会进法庭 我也不会屈服的! |
[1:04:22] | You are at the end of your rope. | 跟你说 你没得选择了 |
[1:04:24] | You murdered Carlson. You’ll have to pay! | 你把卡森杀了 就得为此付出代价! |
[1:04:27] | Either choose the easy way out, or you go into that courtroom… | 要么接受这个建议 要么就上法庭去 |
[1:04:32] | and let them carve you into pathetic little bits. | 让他们把你切成几块 |
[1:04:35] | You have a minute to make up your mind. | 你还有几分钟考虑一下 |
[1:04:38] | Idella? | 埃迪拉? |
[1:04:41] | Idella? | 埃迪拉? ! |
[1:04:42] | What happened? She up to something, ain’t she? | 怎么样了? 她走头无路了 对吗? |
[1:06:26] | – You fixing to ruin it. – What are you talking about? | -你都快把它煮焦了 -你在说什么? |
[1:06:29] | You got the chicken too close together and the fire is too high. | 你把鸡块放得太密了 火又太大 |
[1:06:33] | Mind your business. | 做你的事去吧 |
[1:06:36] | It’s your chicken. | 好吧 这是你的鸡 |
[1:07:00] | Thank you, Hoke. | 谢谢你 霍克 |
[1:07:02] | Now you enjoy it. | 您慢用吧 |
[1:07:23] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[1:09:00] | Who is it? | 是谁啊? |
[1:09:02] | ‘Morning, Miss Daisy. | 早啊 夫人 |
[1:09:06] | What in the world… | 怎么可能 |
[1:09:10] | I learned how to drive on ice when I delivered milk for the dairy. | 我在牛奶厂干的时候 就学会在雪地里驾车了 |
[1:09:15] | Ain’t nothing to it. | 这没什么 |
[1:09:18] | Other folks are banging into each other like they’re in the funny papers. | 但那些不走运的就会 撞到一块儿去 |
[1:09:24] | I figured your stove was out, | 我猜你的炉子快没有煤了 |
[1:09:25] | so I stopped by the Krispy Kreme. | 经过商店的时候买了一些 |
[1:09:28] | I know you got to have coffee in the morning. | 我知道你早上爱喝点咖啡 |
[1:09:31] | How sweet of you, Hoke. | 你真是费心了 霍克 |
[1:09:36] | We ain’t had any good coffee around here since Idella passed. | 自从埃迪拉过世后 我们就没有喝过好咖啡了 |
[1:09:41] | I can fix her biscuits. | 她做的饼干我也会做 |
[1:09:43] | We both can make her fried chicken. | 她的炸鸡我们也可以做 |
[1:09:46] | But nobody can make Idella’s coffee. | 但她做的咖啡却无人能比 |
[1:09:48] | Ain’t that the truth? | 确实如此 |
[1:09:56] | Idella was lucky. | 埃迪拉是幸运的 |
[1:10:04] | I expect she was. | 我想她是的 |
[1:10:21] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿? |
[1:10:23] | I’m just going to take these things off. | 我只是要把这些东西拿走 |
[1:10:26] | I don’t know what you can do here today, except keep me company. | 我想这种天你是做不了的了 还是在这儿陪我吧 |
[1:10:32] | I’ll see if I can make us a fire. | 我看看能否去生个火 |
[1:10:36] | Eat anything you want out of the ice box. | 想吃什么到冰箱里拿吧 |
[1:10:39] | It will all spoil, anyway. | 不然就坏掉了 |
[1:10:43] | And wipe up what you tracked onto my floor. | 还有把地上的脚印给我擦了 |
[1:10:47] | What do you think I am? A mess? | 你把我当什么了? 邋遢王吗? |
[1:10:52] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:10:53] | Mama, I’ll be right out… | 妈妈 路要是不滑的话 |
[1:10:55] | when I can get down my own driveway. | 我这就过去看你 |
[1:10:57] | Stay home, Boolie. Hoke is here with me. | 你还是呆在家里吧 这儿有霍克陪我 |
[1:11:00] | How’d he manage that? | 他应付得过来吗? |
[1:11:02] | He’s very handy. I’m fine. I don’t need a thing in the world. | 他很勤快 我很好 除此我不需要别的东西了 |
[1:11:07] | Hello? I have the wrong number. | 你好? 我一定是打错了 |
[1:11:09] | Mama’s saying loving things about Hoke. | 妈妈竟然会表露对霍克的爱意 |
[1:11:12] | I didn’t say I love him. I said he was handy. | 我没说我喜欢他 我只是说他很勤快 |
[1:11:15] | Honestly! Are you trying to irritate me in the middle of an ice storm? | 说真的! 这大冷天的 你又要气我不成? |
[1:11:26] | Thank you, Wellborn. | 谢谢你 威尔本 |
[1:11:28] | Thank you all. | 谢谢各位 |
[1:11:30] | I am deeply grateful to be chosen as 1966 Man of the Year… | 能被亚特兰大商会选为 1966年度的成功人士 |
[1:11:34] | by the Atlanta Business Council. | 本人感到非常之荣幸 |
[1:11:37] | An honor I’ve seen bestowed on some mighty fine fellows. | 这个荣耀我想应该颁给 那些更出色的小伙子 |
[1:11:44] | I’m afraid that my loss up here… | 我想自己这儿的不断减少 |
[1:11:47] | and my gain down here… | 还有这儿一天天的发福 |
[1:11:49] | have given me an air of competence I don’t really possess. | 使我看起来获得这奖项 更实至名归一点 |
[1:11:54] | I will tell you that I wish my father and grandfather could see this. | 但我想说 真希望我的父亲和祖父能看到这个 |
[1:11:58] | About 72 years ago, they leased an old mill up on Decatur Road… | 大约72年前 他们在德卡路租了一间小的作坊 |
[1:12:03] | with, I believe, 25 looms in operation. | 那时 大概有25台织布机吧 |
[1:12:06] | They managed to grow with Atlanta. | 他们是和亚特兰大共同发展起来的 |
[1:12:08] | Till now, Werthan Industries believed that | 威尔顿公司的宗旨是: |
[1:12:10] | what we want is what Atlanta wants. | 我们想要的就是亚特兰大人们所想要的 |
[1:12:13] | And this award proves that we were right. | 这一奖项也正验证了这句话 |
[1:12:18] | I thank you. | 谢谢各位 |
[1:12:49] | Well? | 好了吗? |
[1:12:52] | What is it? What took you so long? | 怎么样了? 为何去了那么久? |
[1:12:55] | I couldn’t help it. There’s a big mess up yonder. | 我也无能为力了 前面堵得很厉害 |
[1:13:00] | What’s the matter? I might as well not go to the temple at all! | 怎么回事? 这样我还用去教堂吗?! |
[1:13:04] | No, ma’am, you won’t get to the temple this morning, Miss Daisy. | 是的 夫人 今天恐怕是去不了了 |
[1:13:09] | Why not? What’s the matter with you? | 为什么? 今天到底是怎么了? |
[1:13:14] | Somebody has bombed the temple. | 有人把教堂炸了 |
[1:13:16] | What? Bombed the temple? | 什么? 教堂被炸了? |
[1:13:21] | That’s how come we’re stuck here so long. | 是的 这就是我们被堵在这儿的原因 |
[1:13:23] | I don’t believe it! | 真不敢相信! |
[1:13:25] | That’s what the policeman just said. | 是刚才那位警官说的 |
[1:13:31] | Oh, my God. Was anybody there? | 噢 天啊 当时有人在那儿吗? |
[1:13:34] | Were people hurt? | 有人受伤了吗? |
[1:13:35] | I don’t know. He didn’t say. | 这我不知道 他没说 |
[1:13:38] | Who would do such a thing? | 谁会做出这种事? |
[1:13:41] | You know good as me, Miss Daisy, | 这你比我更清楚 夫人 |
[1:13:43] | it’ll always be the same ones. | 你一向都比我清楚 |
[1:14:08] | I remember one time back down there in Macon. | 记得有一次我回梅肯的时候 |
[1:14:11] | Lord, I couldn’t have been more than 10 or 11 years old, I reckon. | 那时我好像只有10或11岁左右 |
[1:14:16] | I had this friend named Porter. | 我有一个叫波特的朋友 |
[1:14:19] | One day there his daddy was, hanging in a tree. | 他的父亲被吊死了 |
[1:14:23] | Now just the day before, we’d all been pitching horseshoes. | 事情发身的前一天 我们还一起给马上掌 |
[1:14:28] | He was laughing and carrying on and talking about how me and Porter… | 他还有说有笑 说我和波特两个 |
[1:14:32] | was going to have strong right arms, just like him. | 也会变得很强壮的 就像他一样 |
[1:14:37] | Lord, there he was, hanging up yonder in the tree. | 没想到 他自己却被吊死在了树上 |
[1:14:41] | Had his hand tied behind him. Flies was all over him. | 他的双手被反绑着 四周苍蝇乱飞 |
[1:14:46] | I tell you, I threw up right where I was standing. | 当时我就忍不住吐了 |
[1:14:51] | You go on and cry. | 你继续哭吧 |
[1:14:55] | I’m not crying. | 我没哭 |
[1:14:59] | Why did you tell me that story? | 为何告诉我这个? |
[1:15:02] | Lord, I don’t know, Miss Daisy. | 这我也不知道 夫人 |
[1:15:04] | That mess back there put me in mind of it. | 刚才的那场面 让我想起了这个 |
[1:15:08] | Ridiculous! The temple has nothing to do with that! | 荒谬! 这和教堂的事 根本就是两码事 |
[1:15:11] | Yes, ma’am, if you say so. | 你这样说我也没办法 |
[1:15:13] | We don’t know what happened. | 也不知到底发生了什么事 |
[1:15:14] | Maybe that policeman wasn’t telling the truth. | 那位警官也把实情给说出来 |
[1:15:17] | Why would he go and lie about a thing like that? | 他用得着这样做吗? |
[1:15:21] | You never get things right! | 你根本没把情况弄清楚 |
[1:15:23] | Miss Daisy, somebody bombed that temple and you know it! | 夫人 有人把教堂炸了 你是知道的 |
[1:15:27] | I don’t want to hear anymore about it! | 我不想再听人提起这件事 |
[1:15:31] | – You’re the boss. – Don’t talk to me! | -你是老板 -别跟我说话! |
[1:15:56] | – Where are you? – Up here! | -你在哪儿? -楼上! |
[1:16:08] | Hello, Mama. How are you feeling? | 你好 妈妈 身体还好吗? |
[1:16:11] | Not a good question to ask somebody nearly 90! | 对一个将近90的人 问这个等于是白问 |
[1:16:15] | Well, you look fine. | 你气色还不错 |
[1:16:17] | It’s my ageless appeal. | 我一向脸色都不错 |
[1:16:21] | Miss McClatchey gave me your message. | 麦克莱蒂把你的话带到了 |
[1:16:23] | Florine is invited, too. | 也请了弗萝琳 |
[1:16:25] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[1:16:27] | I guess Hoke should drive us. There’ll be a crowd. | 霍克会送我们去 那儿一定很多人 |
[1:16:31] | Mama, we have to talk about this. | 妈妈 我们要谈谈这事了 |
[1:16:33] | Talk about what? | 谈什么? |
[1:16:35] | About the feasibility of all this. | 就事关于这件事 |
[1:16:37] | I believe Martin Luther King has done some mighty fine things. | 我相信马丁·路德·金确实做了很多了不起的事 |
[1:16:42] | If you don’t want to go, why don’t you just say so? | 你要是不想去的话 为什么不直接说 |
[1:16:45] | I want to go! You know how I feel about him. | 我也想去! 你也知道我多崇拜他 |
[1:16:49] | Of course, but Florine… | 当然 但弗萝琳 |
[1:16:50] | Florine has nothing to do with it. I still have to do business here. | 这跟弗萝琳没关系 我还有事情要做 |
[1:16:55] | I see. Werthan Bag will go out of business | 我知道 你要参加了”金”的晚宴 |
[1:16:58] | if you attend the King dinner. | 威尔顿公司就得破产了 |
[1:17:00] | Not exactly. But a lot of men I do business with wouldn’t like it. | 也不尽然 但我的客户可不会这么想 |
[1:17:05] | They might… | 他们会 |
[1:17:07] | snicker a little. | 暗自窃笑 |
[1:17:10] | Call me Martin Luther Werthan behind my back. | 背后会戏称我为 马丁·路德·威尔顿的 |
[1:17:17] | Maybe I wouldn’t hear about certain meetings at the Club. | 我参加俱乐部的话 人们或许就不会这么想 |
[1:17:21] | Old Jack Raphael at Ideal Mills, he’s a New York Jew instead of a Georgia Jew. | 那个老杰克·拉菲尔 他是纽约的犹太人 |
[1:17:26] | All the really smart ones come from New York, don’t they? | 这些生意人 都来自纽约 明白吗? |
[1:17:30] | Some might throw their business to Jack | 他们就会和老杰克做买卖 |
[1:17:32] | instead of old Martin Luther Werthan. | 而不是马丁·路德·威尔顿 |
[1:17:36] | I don’t know. Maybe it wouldn’t happen. | 我也不清楚 或许事情不会这样的 |
[1:17:40] | But sometimes that’s the way things work. | 但有时候 情况就是这样 |
[1:17:44] | Anyway, if we don’t use those seats, somebody else will. | 不管怎样 我们不去的话 还是会有人去的 |
[1:17:48] | If we don’t use those seats? I’m not supposed to go, either? | “我们不去的话”? 就代表我不会去了吗? |
[1:17:52] | You can do whatever you want. | 这你自己拿主意 |
[1:17:54] | Thanks for your permission. | 很感谢得到你的允许 |
[1:17:57] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你一些事吗? |
[1:17:58] | When did you get so fired up about Martin Luther King? | 什么时候这么崇拜马丁·路德·金了? |
[1:18:01] | You weren’t before. | 以前你可不是这样的 |
[1:18:04] | Why, Boolie! | 你又来了 波利! |
[1:18:05] | I’ve never been prejudiced in my life and you know it. | 我从未对别人有过偏见 这你是知道的 |
[1:18:10] | Then why don’t you ask Hoke to go with you? | 那你为何叫上霍克陪你去? |
[1:18:13] | Don’t be ridiculous. He wouldn’t go. | 霍克? 别说笑了 他不会去的 |
[1:18:17] | Ask him and see. | 问问他看 |
[1:18:34] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:19:18] | Boolie said the silliest thing the other day. | 波利前几天说的话 真是愚蠢之极 |
[1:19:24] | What did he say? | 他说什么了? |
[1:19:26] | He was talking about Martin Luther King. | 说了关于 马丁·路德·金的一些事 |
[1:19:29] | I guess you know him, don’t you? | 你也知道这人 是吧? |
[1:19:31] | King? No, ma’am. I don’t know him. | 马丁·路德·金? 不 我不知道 |
[1:19:34] | I was sure you did. | 我想你也不知道 |
[1:19:36] | But you’ve heard him preach? | 但你有听过他的演讲吗? |
[1:19:38] | Yes, ma’am, same way you have, on the TV. | 是的 和你一样 在电视上看的 |
[1:19:43] | I think he’s wonderful. | 我认为他很了不起 |
[1:19:50] | – What you getting at? – It’s so silly. | 一你是指什么 夫人? 一真不开窍 |
[1:19:53] | Boolie says you wanted to go with me to this dinner. | 波利说你想和我去赴这个宴会 |
[1:19:56] | Did you tell him that? | 你跟他提起过这事? |
[1:19:59] | No, I didn’t. | 没有 |
[1:20:00] | I didn’t think so. What’d be the point? You can hear him whenever you want. | 我可不这么认为 你什么时候都是听他的 |
[1:20:06] | I think it’s wonderful the way things are changing. | 我想现在该把事情调转过来了 |
[1:20:30] | Now what you think I am, Miss Daisy? | 现在你怎么看我呢 夫人? |
[1:20:33] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[1:20:34] | The invitation to this dinner… | 这宴会的请贴 |
[1:20:36] | came in the mail a month ago. | 一个月前就寄到了 |
[1:20:38] | Now, if did be you wanted me to go with you… | 既然你想叫我和你一起去 |
[1:20:42] | how come you wait till we in the car on the way before you asked me? | 那为何要等到 来这儿的时候才跟我说? |
[1:20:47] | What? All I said was Boolie said you wanted to go. | 什么? 这全是波利 跟我说你想去的 |
[1:20:51] | Next time you want me to go somewhere, | 下回你要想叫我去别的地方 |
[1:20:54] | you ask me regular. | 最好先跟我说一声 |
[1:20:56] | You don’t have to carry on so much. | 你大可不必勉强自己的 |
[1:20:58] | Let’s just leave it alone. | 那就算了吧 |
[1:21:00] | Honestly! | 真是! |
[1:21:06] | Talk about things changing. They ain’t changed all that much. | 说什么要改变态度 最后还不是老样子! |
[1:21:17] | I’ll help you to the door. | 我扶你到门口吧 |
[1:21:19] | Thank you, Hoke, I can help myself. | 不用了 我自己能走 |
[1:21:31] | can see that the South has marvelous possibilities. | 可以看出南方有着巨大的潜力 |
[1:21:36] | Yet in spite of these assets… | 然而 除此之外 |
[1:21:38] | segregation has placed the South… | 种族隔离也使得南方各州 |
[1:21:41] | socially, educationally, | 社会建设 教育 |
[1:21:43] | and economically behind the rest of the nation. | 经济各方面 远远落后于其它的州 |
[1:21:47] | Yet there are, in the white South, millions of people of good will… | 在南方的白人区 那些有着美好愿望的人 |
[1:21:52] | whose voices are yet unheard… | 他们的心声从未为人们所知 |
[1:21:55] | whose course is yet unclear… | 包括他们的成绩 |
[1:21:59] | and whose courageous acts are yet unseen. | 还有他们勇敢的行为 |
[1:22:02] | These millions are called upon… | 这千百万人被号召起来 |
[1:22:06] | to gird their courage, to speak out… | 压抑自己的勇气 不敢大声疾呼 |
[1:22:10] | to offer leadership that is needed. | 争取自己所应有的权利 |
[1:22:12] | History will have to record… | 历史会见证这一 |
[1:22:15] | that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition… | 社会变迁到如此地步的惨痛时刻 |
[1:22:19] | was not the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people… | 这些讽刺和抨击 不是给那些心怀不轨的人的 |
[1:22:24] | but the appalling silence and indifference of the good people. | 而是针对那些 冷漠无情的群体的 |
[1:22:29] | And our generation will have to repent… | 我们的下一代也会因此而悔悟 |
[1:22:32] | not only for the words and acts of the children of darkness… | 不仅是对那些生活在黑暗中的儿童 |
[1:22:35] | but also for the fears and apathy of the children of light. | 以及那些在阳光中成长的儿童所表现的冷漠 |
[1:23:08] | ‘Morning, Miss Daisy. | 早啊 夫人 |
[1:23:41] | Miss Daisy? | 戴茜夫人? |
[1:23:47] | Hoke, is that Hoke? | 霍克 是霍克吗? |
[1:23:49] | It’s me. You all right? | 是我 夫人 你没事吧? |
[1:23:53] | Hoke, what did you do with my papers? | 霍克 你把我的作业本放哪儿了? |
[1:23:56] | – What papers? – My papers! | -什么作业? -我的作业! |
[1:23:58] | I had them all corrected last night… | 昨晚我把它们全都改完后 |
[1:24:00] | and I put them where I wouldn’t forget them on my way to school. | 就把它们放到自己上课时 一眼就看到的地方 |
[1:24:04] | What did you do with them? | 你把它们放哪儿了? |
[1:24:05] | What are you talking about? | 你在说些什么? |
[1:24:07] | The children will be disappointed if I don’t give them their homework back. | 不把作业发回给孩子们的话 他们会很失望的 |
[1:24:11] | I always give it back the next day. | 我总是第二天 就把作业发回去的 |
[1:24:14] | That’s why they like me. | 这也是他们喜欢我的原因 |
[1:24:16] | You talking out your head. | 你自己是在说胡话 |
[1:24:18] | Why aren’t you helping me? | 那为何不帮帮我? |
[1:24:20] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我干什么? |
[1:24:22] | Find those papers. I told you! | 快点把那些作业找出来! |
[1:24:26] | It’s all right if you moved them. I won’t be mad. | 如果是你放到别的地方的话 我不会介意的 |
[1:24:29] | But I’ve got to get to school. I’ll be late. | 快要迟到了 我得赶紧去学校了 |
[1:24:33] | Who will take care of my class? | 谁来照看孩子们 |
[1:24:35] | They’ll be all alone. Oh, God! | 就他们自己在那儿 天啊! |
[1:24:38] | I do everything wrong! | 这都是我的错! |
[1:24:40] | Now set down in here. You’re going to fall and hurt yourself. | 先坐下来再说 你会摔伤的 |
[1:24:44] | I’m so sorry. It’s all my fault. I didn’t do right. | 这都是我的错 我没把工作做好 |
[1:24:50] | It’s so awful! | 真是太糟了! |
[1:24:52] | Ain’t nothing awful except the way you carrying on. | 除了你自己 一切都很正常 |
[1:24:55] | It’s all my fault. | 这全是我的错 |
[1:24:57] | I can’t find the papers. The children are waiting. | 我找不著作业本了 孩子们正等着呢 |
[1:25:00] | There ain’t nobody waiting on you. You ain’t a teacher no more. | 没人在等你 你已经不是老师了 |
[1:25:04] | It doesn’t make any difference. | 这没什么不一样 |
[1:25:06] | Now listen, there ain’t nothing wrong with you! | 听着 夫人 你没做错什么! |
[1:25:09] | You don’t know. | 你不知道的 |
[1:25:11] | Miss Daisy. | 戴茜夫人 |
[1:25:26] | – Hello. – Mr. Werthan, this Hoke here. | -你好 -你好 威尔顿先生 我是霍克 |
[1:25:29] | What can I do for you? | 一大早找我有什么事吗? |
[1:25:30] | It’s your mama. | 你的妈妈 先生 |
[1:25:32] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[1:25:33] | She’s taking on something awful. | 她的状况很不好 |
[1:25:36] | Why’s today different from any other day? | 是不是又和往常一样? |
[1:25:39] | No, sir. It ain’t the same. | 不 先生 今天的情况不一样 |
[1:25:42] | I’ll be right there. | 我这就来 |
[1:25:48] | Miss Daisy, now there ain’t nothing wrong with you! | 夫人 你并没做错什么! |
[1:25:52] | Your mind done took a turn this morning. | 今天可能你有些不舒服 |
[1:25:55] | You’ll snap back if you let yourself. | 或许休息一会儿就会好的了 |
[1:25:57] | I can’t! I can’t! | 不行! 不行! |
[1:26:00] | You’re a lucky old woman. | 你是个幸运的人 |
[1:26:03] | No! It’s all a mess now, and I can’t do anything about it. | 现在全都搞砸了 我却束手无策 |
[1:26:07] | Now look at you. You’re rich, you’re well for your time… | 听着 你很富有 生活过得又幸福 |
[1:26:12] | You got folks who care about what happens to you. | 所有人梦想得到的你都有了 |
[1:26:15] | I’m being trouble. I don’t want to be trouble to anybody. | 我真是个麻烦 我不想给别人添麻烦 |
[1:26:19] | You want something to cry about, | 你要想回忆起以前的生活 |
[1:26:20] | I’ll run you to the state home… | 我可以开车送你到老家去 |
[1:26:22] | let you see what’s lying around out there. | 让你看看那里的景色 |
[1:26:25] | I bet there ain’t one of them carrying on the way you doing. | 这些事情现在跟你都没关系了 |
[1:26:29] | I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Those poor children. | 对不起 那些可怜的孩子们 |
[1:26:33] | You keep this up and | 你冷静一会儿 |
[1:26:34] | Mr. Werthan’s going to call that doctor on you. | 威尔顿先生 这就叫大夫来看你了 |
[1:26:37] | Just as sure as you’re born, | 就像你出生的时候 |
[1:26:38] | that doctor is going to have you out in that asylum. | 大夫把你从育婴房里抱出来一样 |
[1:26:43] | Now, is that the way you want it to be? | 难道你想要的就是这个吗? |
[1:26:50] | – Hoke? – Yes. | -霍克? -是的 |
[1:26:53] | Do you still have that Hudson? | 你那辆”哈森”汽车还在吗? |
[1:26:57] | You talking about from when I first come here? | 你是说我刚来开的那一辆? |
[1:27:02] | No, Miss Daisy. | 没了 夫人 |
[1:27:03] | That thing been in the junkyard now more than 15 years. | 那车早已经进废车收购厂了 |
[1:27:09] | I’m driving your next-to-last car now. | 我现在开的是你上次的那辆 |
[1:27:13] | 1965 Cadillac. | 1965年出厂的凯迪拉克 |
[1:27:16] | It’s running fine as wine, too. | 它开起来还是那么顺手 |
[1:27:21] | You ought not to be driving anything, the way you see. | 你现在也不该再开车了 |
[1:27:25] | Now, how you know how I can see ‘less’n you can look out my eyes. | 至少自己现在还是可以开车的 |
[1:27:36] | – Hoke. – Yes. | -霍克 -是的 |
[1:27:39] | You’re my best friend. | 你是我最好的朋友 |
[1:27:41] | – Go on now, Miss Daisy. – No, really. | -不 夫人 -不 是真的 |
[1:27:44] | You are. | 是真的 |
[1:27:50] | You are. | 真的! |
[1:27:58] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 |
[1:29:42] | – Mr. Werthan. – Well, Hoke, good to see you! | -威尔顿先生 -嘿 霍克 见到你真高兴 |
[1:29:46] | You didn’t drive yourself here, are you? | 你不是开车来的 对吗? |
[1:29:47] | No, sir. I don’t drive now. | 是的 我现在已经不开车了 |
[1:29:50] | My granddaughter drove me. | 是我的孙女送我来的 |
[1:29:52] | My Lord, is she old enough to drive? | 得了 她够年龄了吗? |
[1:29:55] | Michelle is around 37 years old now. | 米歇尔已经37岁了 |
[1:29:58] | She’s teaching biology at yonder Spelman College. | 她在斯培曼学院教生物 |
[1:30:03] | – I never knew that. – Yes, sir. | -我怎么不知道? -是真的 |
[1:30:10] | Seems mighty funny to sell the house while Mama’s still alive. | 妈妈还健在就把房子给卖了 真是让人见笑 |
[1:30:15] | Yes, sir, I imagine it does. | 是的 我也有同感 |
[1:30:18] | Course, she hasn’t been inside the door for two years. | 也难怪 她已经快两年没出家门了 |
[1:30:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:30:24] | I suppose you don’t see her too much. | 我想你也很久没去看她了吧? |
[1:30:27] | No, sir, I don’t. | 是的 先生 |
[1:30:30] | It’s hard, not driving, Mr. Werthan. | 没办法 我不能驾车了 |
[1:30:33] | There’s no bus that goes out yonder. | 而且也没有车到那儿去 |
[1:30:37] | Course, I take a taxicab as often as I can. | 不过 方便的话 我还是会坐出租车去的 |
[1:30:42] | I’m sure she appreciates it. | 她一定会很感激的 |
[1:30:46] | Some days she’s better than others. | 有时候 她比任何人都好 |
[1:30:51] | But, then, who ain’t? | 但偶尔 怎么说呢? |
[1:31:22] | How are y’all doing? | 你好 |
[1:31:39] | Happy Thanksgiving, Mama! | 感恩节快乐 妈妈! |
[1:31:42] | Look who I brought! | 看我把谁带来了? |
[1:31:44] | ‘Morning, Miss Daisy. | 早啊 戴茜夫人 |
[1:31:48] | You been keeping yourself busy? | 你还在忙个不停吗? |
[1:31:52] | She certainly has. She goes to jewelry making. | 是的 她现在在做珠宝 |
[1:31:56] | How many times a week? | 一周做几次啊? |
[1:31:58] | She makes all kinds of things: Pins, bracelets… | 她做过很多东西: 有别针 手镯 |
[1:32:02] | She’s a regular Tiffany’s. | 她是无所不能 |
[1:32:04] | Ain’t that something? | 这我相信 |
[1:32:11] | All right, Mama? | 好了 妈妈 |
[1:32:17] | Hoke, I thought of you the other day on the expressway. | 霍克 改天你可以 开快递车过来 |
[1:32:21] | – I saw an Avondale milk truck. – Is that right? | -我看中了一辆运奶的卡车 -那能行吗? |
[1:32:24] | A big monster of a thing. Must’ve had 16 wheels. | 那可是个大家伙 一共有十六个车轮 |
[1:32:28] | Go on away from here. | 打住 |
[1:32:30] | I wondered how you might like driving that thing around. | 我想你会喜欢开着这个过来的 |
[1:32:34] | Hoke came to see me, not you. | 是霍克想来看我的 而不是你 |
[1:32:40] | Looks like one of her good days. | 她今天精神好像不错 |
[1:32:43] | Mama, Florine said to wish you a happy Thanksgiving. | 妈妈 弗萝琳祝你感恩节快乐 |
[1:32:47] | She’s in Washington, you know. | 她现在在华盛顿 |
[1:32:49] | She’s a Republican National Committeewoman now. | 她现在是共和党的女议员了 |
[1:32:53] | Good God! | 好啊! |
[1:33:01] | Go charm the nurses! | 波利! 去和那些女护士说说话吧 |
[1:33:07] | She wants you all to herself. | 她想和你一个人呆着 |
[1:33:10] | You’re a doodle, Mama. | 你还是那么损 妈妈 |
[1:33:32] | Is Boolie paying you still? | 波利现在还给你工钱吗? |
[1:33:35] | Every week. | 每周都给 |
[1:33:37] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[1:33:39] | Now that’s between him and me. | 这是我和他的事情 |
[1:33:42] | Highway robbery! | 狮子大开口! |
[1:33:47] | It sure is. | 没错 |
[1:33:52] | It sure is. | 是的 |
[1:33:58] | How are you? | 你还好吗? |
[1:34:02] | I’m doing the best I can. | 我还健在 |
[1:34:07] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[1:34:11] | Well, that’s about all there is to it then. | 现在头脑还很清醒 |
[1:34:24] | Look here. | 看这个 |
[1:34:26] | You didn’t eat your Thanksgiving pie. | 你还没吃你的感恩节蛋糕呢 |
[1:34:32] | Go on now. | 吃吧 |
[1:34:37] | Here, let me help you. I got it. | 来 让我帮你 |
[1:34:55] | Is it good? | 味道怎么样? |
[1:35:02] | Here comes some more. | 再吃一点 |