英文名称:Mao's Last Dancer
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:49] | Li! | 李! |
[00:54] | Hello! | 你好! |
[00:57] | Ni hao. Welcome to America. | 你好 欢迎来到美国 |
[01:00] | Oh, it’s so wonderful to see you. | 哦 见到你太开心了! |
[01:03] | – You alright? – Yes. Yes. | -你好吗 -好 好 |
[01:04] | Yeah? I’ve got some people for you to meet. | 是吗 我来介绍几位给你认识 |
[01:07] | This is Cynthia Dodds. | 这是辛西娅·道斯 |
[01:09] | She’s the general manager of the company. | 芭蕾舞团的总经理 |
[01:11] | Pleased to meet you, Li. | 很高兴见到你 |
[01:12] | And Mason Daniels. He’s on our board. | 梅森·丹尼尔斯 我们的董事 |
[01:14] | Howdy! Welcome to Houston. | 你好! 欢迎来休斯顿 |
[01:17] | And Betty Lou Bayless. | 贝蒂·卢·贝利斯 |
[01:19] | It’s lovely to meet you, young man. | 见到你真开心 年轻人 |
[01:21] | – And Lori Lawley. – Hi, Li. | -洛瑞·劳利 -你好 李 |
[01:23] | I’ve heard so much about you from Ben. | 本经常提到你 久仰了 |
[01:24] | Lori’s one of our principal dancers. | 洛瑞是我们的主要舞蹈演员之一 |
[01:26] | – This is my husband, Dilworth. – ‘Knee-how’, Li. | -这是我丈夫 迪尔沃思 -你好 李 |
[01:27] | Welcome to Houston, home of the Oilers. | 欢迎来到休斯顿 油人队的主场 |
[01:47] | Upon my soul. | 天呐 |
[01:49] | Have you been learning English, Li? | 你学过英语吗 |
[01:51] | Oh, yes, Ben. | 是的 本 |
[01:53] | – I learn from this. – Oh, fantastic! | -我通过这本书学的 -哦 fantastic! |
[01:59] | – Uh, ‘fantas…’ – Fantastic. Fantastic. | -呃 “fantas…” -Fantastic Fantastic |
[02:02] | It means wonderful, very good, great. | 意思是很棒 很好 了不起 |
[02:11] | Fantastic Fantastic. | |
[02:34] | Big… big house, Ben. | 大…大房子 本 |
[02:36] | Um… you have a big family? | 嗯…你有很多家人吗 |
[02:39] | No, no, it’s just me. | 不 就我一个人 |
[02:41] | And this is your room. | 这是你的房间 |
[02:54] | Alright? | 还行吧 |
[02:55] | Um… This all me? | 嗯…都是我的吗 |
[02:59] | Yes it’s all yours. | 没错 都是你的 |
[06:43] | – You get settled alright? – Yes. | -住的还习惯吗 -习惯 |
[06:46] | Oh, God, we really must do something about that suit. | 我的天 得帮他换套衣服 |
[06:49] | It’s me, Ben. | 那是我 本 |
[06:52] | Yes, that’s you. | 没错 是你 |
[06:54] | Bobby’s around. You’ll see him. | 鲍比就住在附近 过会带你去见他 |
[06:56] | But Mary, alas, has gone back to Australia. | 可是玛丽 很可惜 已经回澳大利亚了 |
[07:01] | Uh… niang, dia? | 嗯…娘 爹? |
[07:04] | Um… Mother… um, father? | 嗯…Mother…嗯…father? |
[07:07] | Oh, no. That’s Vice President Bush and his wife, Barbara. | 不是 那是布什副总统和她的夫人芭芭拉 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:907个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:118个,六级词汇:60个,GRE词汇:55个,托福词汇:88个,考研词汇:126个,专四词汇:107个,专八词汇:20个, 所有生词标注共:206个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[07:12] | She’s patron of the Houston ballet. | 她是休斯顿芭蕾舞团的赞助人 |
[07:14] | Would you like a muffin? | 吃松饼(muffin)吗 |
[07:15] | Mu… muffin? | 马…马粪? |
[07:18] | Yeah. | 怎么了 |
[07:19] | Um… Horse… Horse… m… muffin? | 嗯…Horse…Horse…嗯…马粪? |
[07:24] | Crap? Shit? Horse… | 大便? 粪? 马… |
[07:26] | Horse shit? | 马粪? |
[07:27] | Yes. Yeah. | 对 对 |
[07:29] | No! | 不是 |
[07:30] | This is a muffin. | 我说的是这个 |
[07:33] | Here. | 来 |
[07:44] | It’s Gershwin, guys. You’ve got to feel it. | 这是格什温的作品 大家要用心感受 |
[07:47] | Just invest a little more. | 再投入一点 |
[07:49] | Li, you’re doing fine. You’ll pick it up. It’s alright. | 李 你没问题的 努力 没关系 |
[07:51] | And… slow plié. | 还有…下蹲慢一点 |
[07:55] | And stretch it out, right? | 然后尽量伸展 明白吗 |
[08:00] | And… up with the accent. | 跟着节奏向上 |
[08:01] | Up with the accent. | 跟着节奏 |
[08:03] | Up, and down on the floor. | 向上 然后往下 |
[08:06] | Lovely. Hold. | 很好 保持 |
[08:09] | And hold. | 保持 |
[08:10] | Alright. | 对 |
[08:14] | That’s alright. | 就这样 |
[08:16] | Incredible physique. | 体格非常好 |
[08:19] | If you do say so yourself. | 你真这么认为 |
[08:29] | Some brown ones? | 再加一些棕色的好吗 |
[08:32] | OK, one last one and that’s enough. | 好 最后一个 差不多了 |
[08:46] | Let’s see. | 看看 |
[15:53] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[15:59] | My father work very hard, | 我父亲在家辛勤干活 |
[16:02] | have 50… 50 dollar… one year. | 只能挣50…50美元…一年 |
[16:08] | And you spend 500… one day. | 可是你花了500…一天 |
[16:14] | Why you… why you do this? | 为什么你…为什么要这样 |
[16:18] | Li, you know, I’m not trying to influence you. | 李 相信我 这些不是糖衣炮弹 |
[16:24] | It’s just what people wear here, that’s all. | 这里的人都这样穿 仅此而已 |
[16:27] | I think that’s probably why your government gave you this suit. | 所以你们政府也给了你一套西装呀 |
[16:30] | It’s just a trifle out of date, that’s all. | 只是那个有点过时了 就这样 |
[16:33] | I must give suit back. | 我必须把衣服还回去 |
[16:36] | Well, you can give these back when you go home. | 你可以回家的时候再还 |
[16:39] | These can be yours to have | 现在这些都是你的 |
[16:41] | while you’re here at summer school and… | 上暑期班期间你可以穿… |
[16:47] | Why bird on? | 为什么有鸟在上面 |
[16:50] | “Don’t let the turkeys get you down.” | 不要大惊小怪 |
[16:54] | It’s not a capitalist thing, Li, it’s just… | 这不是资本主义的东西 李 这只是… |
[16:57] | Honestly, it’s just a bit of nonsense, | 老实说 莫名其妙的东西 |
[16:59] | like a lot of things in America. | 美国的很多东西都是这样 |
[17:03] | What it mean? | 那这是什么意思 |
[17:05] | It means there are times when you just have to be strong. | 意思是有时候你要坚强一点 |
[21:37] | – Ni hao. – Ni hao. | -你好 -你好 |
[25:00] | Here you go, Li. | 拿着 李 |
[25:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:04] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[25:05] | It’s just Pepsi. Give it a shot. | 百事可乐 尝尝看 |
[25:13] | – I know, I know. – It’s… | -我知道 我知道 -有一点… |
[25:15] | Yeah, I know. It gets up your nose a little. | 是的 我知道 有一点冲鼻子 |
[25:23] | – Bobby? – Yeah? | -鲍比? -什么事? |
[25:24] | Lori-she good dancer. | 洛丽舞跳得很好 |
[25:26] | Oh, yeah, she is. | 是的 没错 |
[25:28] | But for a principal ballerina, | 可是作为一个芭蕾舞主要演员 |
[25:31] | she makes a lousy disco dancer. | 迪斯科舞跳得可不怎么样 |
[25:34] | Hey, you wanna dance, Li? | 嘿 来跳舞吗 李? |
[25:36] | – No. – Aww! | 我不会 |
[25:38] | Allow me. | 我来吧 |
[25:49] | Dilworth, you like ballet? | 迪尔沃思 你喜欢芭蕾舞吗 |
[25:52] | Like ballerinas, Li. Very agile. | 我喜欢芭蕾舞演员 李 肢体很灵活 |
[25:59] | Chairman Mao, huh? | 毛主席? |
[26:01] | Yes, I love Chairman Mao. | 是的 我热爱毛主席 |
[26:03] | He do many good thing. | 他为人民做了很多好事 |
[26:06] | Can’t say I feel the same about our new president. | 我对我们总统可没有这种感情 |
[26:09] | You love president? | 你热爱你们总统吗 |
[26:11] | No, Li, I don’t even like him. | 不 李 我都不喜欢他 何谈热爱 |
[26:18] | You not scared? | 你不害怕吗 |
[26:19] | Scared? No. | 害怕? 怎么会 |
[26:21] | This is America, Li. | 这里是美国 李 |
[27:56] | Arabesque. | 阿拉贝斯克 |
[39:20] | I’m Shi Dao from the Ministry of Culture. | 我是文化部的石涛 |
[39:22] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:24] | Ben Stevenson. | 本·斯蒂文森 |
[39:25] | – Welcome to Beijing. – Thank you. | -欢迎来到北京 -谢谢 |
[39:27] | Let me introduce Mr Wang. | 我来介绍 王先生 |
[39:30] | Hello. | 你好 |
[39:31] | Director for Beijing Academy. | 北京艺术学院主任 |
[39:32] | Mr Hung… | 洪先生 |
[39:34] | A pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[39:35] | These are my principal dancers, | 他们是主要舞蹈演员 |
[39:37] | Mary McKendry and Bobby Cordner. | 玛丽·麦肯德里和鲍比·考得勒 |
[39:38] | – Hello. – Welcome to Beijing. | -大家好 -欢迎来到北京 |
[39:40] | – Thank you. – Thank you so much. | -谢谢 -非常感谢 |
[39:41] | Music, please. Thank you. | 音乐起 谢谢 |
[39:53] | Lovely. Alright, thank you. | 很好 音乐停 谢谢 |
[39:55] | Let’s, um… Lovely. Not bad. | 我们 嗯…很好 不错 |
[39:58] | Let’s try that just from the beginning and copy them. | 我们从头开始 模仿他们 |
[40:01] | Right? | 明白吗 |
[40:03] | 5 6 7 8 Five, six, seven, eight. | |
[40:07] | 5 6 7 8 And five, six, seven, eight. | |
[40:10] | And one, two and three. Lovely! | 1 2 3 很好! |
[40:12] | Lovely. That’s very good. Alright. | 很好 非常好 这样 |
[40:14] | Let’s try it with music, shall we? | 我们跟着音乐走一遍 好不好 |
[40:20] | Lovely. Yes, turn, turn, turn. | 很好 对 转 转 转 |
[40:24] | Travel, travel, travel, travel! | 移动 移动 移动 移动! |
[40:28] | Back in, back in. Energy, energy. | 后退 后退 力量 力量 |
[40:33] | Right. Ready for the jump! | 好的 准备跳! |
[40:39] | Yes, yes, yes! | 很好 很好 很好 |
[40:42] | Very good, very good indeed. | 非常好 真的非常好 |
[40:43] | Alright, back to the top. | 好的 我们再来一遍 |
[40:46] | They’re so light in the air and so strong. | 他们的空中姿态很轻盈 也很有力度 |
[40:49] | But there’s no emotion. | 可惜没有感情 |
[40:51] | They’re not connected, I’m not engaged. | 他们没有融入 我完全感受不到他们的情绪 |
[40:52] | Amazing technique. | 基本功很扎实 |
[40:54] | Well, yeah, but, you know, | 对 可是 知道吗 |
[40:56] | they remind me more of athletes than dancers. | 他们更像运动员 而不是舞蹈演员 |
[40:58] | All except… There’s one, perhaps two. Certainly one. | 除了…有一个 也许两个 只有一个还不错 |
[41:02] | I think I know who you mean. | 我知道你说的是谁 |
[41:05] | And from the port de bras, yes? | 波德勃拉 |
[41:08] | And développé. | 代弗洛佩 |
[41:12] | Right, Li, get ready to come in for the lift. | 很好 李 准备 |
[41:20] | Oh, that’s really not working. | 这样不行 |
[41:21] | Uh… Mary, would you stand here for a moment? | 玛丽 能不能到这边来一下 |
[41:26] | Shing Hua, stay here for one moment, alright? | 新华 过来这边 |
[41:28] | Mary, you do it. Li, would you partner Mary, please? | 玛丽 你来 李 你和玛丽试一次 |
[41:31] | And, from the beginning, yeah? | 从头开始 |
[41:35] | Alright? | 好了吗 |
[41:37] | It’s alright I won’t bite. It’s alright, I won’t bite. | |
[41:40] | Could you tell him? | 帮我翻译一下 |
[41:43] | Right. Come on, come on. | 好的 好的 |
[41:46] | There we go. | 开始 |
[41:48] | Ni hao. | 你好 |
[41:50] | I’m Mary. | 我是玛丽 |
[41:51] | Ni hao. | 你好 |
[42:36] | Minister, you have some really wonderful dancers here. | 部长 你们这里有些演员相当不错 |
[42:49] | We’ve run the summer program for several years now | 我们有一个暑假培训计划 已经开办好多年了 |
[42:51] | and we’ve been very successful. | 很成功 |
[42:54] | Yeah, I see. | 我明白 |
[42:55] | It’s a tremendous success. | 效果非常好 |
[42:57] | I think they’re talking about us. | 我想他们在谈论我们 |
[42:59] | Probably. | 可能吧 |
[43:13] | Because it would be wonderful for the Houston Ballet. | 这对于休斯顿芭蕾舞团来说实在是一大幸事 |
[43:16] | The decision would have to be made | 我们做不了主 |
[43:19] | by the party, Mr Stevenson. | 我们要听党的 斯蒂文森先生 |
[43:20] | Oh, of course, I understand. Yes. | 当然 我明白 |
[43:23] | Alright. | 没事 |
[43:28] | How’d it go? | 怎么说? |
[43:30] | Well, they’re going to consider it. | 他们会研究的 |
[43:31] | I expect they’ll take it to the highest level. | 可能要通过高层 |
[43:33] | Well, how long will that take? | 那要多长时间? |
[43:35] | It’s not up to me. It’s up to the Chinese Government. | 我也说不准 中国政府说了算 |
[43:37] | WOWe’re ready for photograph, Mr Stevenson. | 我们来照个相 斯蒂文森先生 |
[43:39] | Alright. | 好的 |
[46:06] | Hi. | 你好 |
[46:10] | Um… I can go if you want to use the studio. | 如果你要用练功房 我可以离开 |
[46:15] | No, um, stay. | 不用 没关系 |
[46:18] | Watch. | 看着 |
[46:23] | Arabesque. | 阿拉贝斯克 |
[46:26] | Um… foot… Stretch. | 脚…伸展 |
[46:30] | Oh, I can’t. | 我不行 |
[46:32] | Um, my ankle, I broke it. | 我的脚踝伤到了 |
[46:35] | Right here. They put a rod in it. | 这里 做了手术 |
[46:40] | When they took the cast off my calf had shrunk two inches. | 石膏拿下来的时候 小腿肚萎缩了两英寸 |
[46:43] | It’s fine now, I think. It’s just my confidence. | 现在没事了 怪我太自信了 |
[46:47] | I’m sorry, you don’t understand. | 抱歉 你听不懂 |
[46:50] | Um, I-I understand. | 我…我听得懂 |
[46:54] | You do? | 真的 |
[46:56] | No. | 不懂 |
[47:01] | En pointe. En pointe. | 脚尖点地 |
[47:05] | This, turn out. | 这里 转 |
[47:06] | Yeah. | 对 |
[47:08] | Better. | 好多了 |
[47:09] | I’m Elizabeth, by the way. | 我叫伊丽莎白 忘了说了 |
[47:11] | Everyone calls me Liz. | 大家都叫我莉兹 |
[47:13] | – Liz? – Yeah. | -莉兹? -对 |
[47:14] | Like Li. | 就像李 |
[47:16] | Everyone call me Li. | 大家都叫我李 |
[47:18] | Yeah, I know who you are. | 对 我听说过你 |
[47:20] | Li Cunxin. | 李存信 |
[47:22] | – ‘Schwinsin’? – Mm. | -存信? -嗯 |
[47:24] | That’s really beautiful. What does it mean? | 很好听 是什么意思呢 |
[47:26] | Um, it mean… | 意思是… |
[47:29] | ..’Keep my innocent heart’. | 保持一颗纯真的心 |
[47:34] | Um.. you dance with company? | 你是芭蕾舞团的吗 |
[47:38] | Oh, no. No. | 不是 |
[47:39] | I was in the corps of… ‘Nutcracker’ once, | 我曾经演过…胡桃夹子 |
[47:42] | but that’s as close as I’ve come to getting a contract. | 可惜还是没有能够签约 |
[47:46] | This is my second time in the full-time program | 这是我第二次参加这个培训 |
[47:50] | trying to get Ben to notice me. | 希望能够得到本的赏识 |
[47:57] | – Ben? – Yeah? | -本 -什么事 |
[47:59] | Today, in street, someone speak me | 今天 在街上 有人对我说一些话 |
[48:04] | word I not understand. | 我不明白 |
[48:07] | Um, not find in here. | 字典里也找不到 |
[48:10] | What was it? | 说了什么 |
[48:11] | Um… ‘chink’. | Chink(中国佬 贬称) |
[48:15] | What it mean? | 是什么意思 |
[48:18] | Um, let’s see. | 是这样 |
[48:24] | Do you know when you’re in the theatre, | 你知道在剧场里 |
[48:26] | and everyone is getting seated and the curtain is closed, | 观众在找座位的时候 幕布是没有被拉开的 |
[48:29] | if the stage light is on, | 一旦舞台灯光亮了 |
[48:31] | and the curtain parts just a tiny little bit, | 幕布就会一点点被拉开 |
[48:33] | then the light from the stage shines through | 舞台的光就会照进去 |
[48:36] | what we call a chink in the curtain. | 这就是幕布里的缝隙(chink) |
[48:39] | So if someone calls you a ‘chink’, Li, | 所以如果有人叫你Chink 李 |
[48:41] | what it means is that… | 意思就是… |
[48:43] | …they see the light that’s there inside of you. | 他们看到了你光辉的一面 |
[48:47] | Oh! Oh… fantastic. | 很棒 |
[48:54] | And trace the leg, follow the line. | 注意腿成直线 |
[49:01] | Nice, Lori. | 不错 洛丽 |
[49:04] | Pull back. Just feed her out. | 向后用力 身体放出去 |
[49:08] | And extend the leg. Lovely. | 腿部伸展 很好 |
[49:14] | Good, good. | 很好 很好 |
[49:16] | Yeah, yeah. Very good. Very good. Alright? | 非常好 非常好 |
[49:41] | In Chinese, we say ‘will go’, | 在汉语中 我们说”will go” |
[49:44] | “go today” “go tomorrow” “go yesterday” ‘go today’, ‘go tomorrow’, ‘go yesterday’, | |
[49:48] | “you go” “I go” “she go” “we all go” ‘you go’, ‘I go’, ‘she go’, ‘we all go’, | |
[49:53] | – Right. – Much, much easier. | -是的 -简单多了(他指的是汉语无词形变化) |
[49:56] | English changes all time. | 英语老是有变化 |
[49:59] | You’re doing very well. | 你很不错了 |
[50:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[50:14] | Chinese official not come here. | 中国干部不来这里吧 |
[50:16] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[50:18] | – She lau ban. – Lau ban? | -她是老板 -老板? |
[50:21] | boss person Um… boss person. | |
[50:23] | In China, class enemy. | 在中国是阶级敌人 |
[50:27] | She looks like an opera diva. | 她像歌剧演员 |
[50:32] | What? What is it? | 怎么了 |
[50:35] | I am with you, American girl. | 我和你 一个美国女孩在一起 |
[50:41] | Make trouble for Ben. | 会给本带来麻烦的 |
[50:43] | No. | 不会的 |
[50:44] | It’s OK. No-one has to know. | 没关系 没什么大不了的 |
[50:48] | Um… here. Try this. | 尝尝这个 |
[50:52] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[50:54] | It’s, um, vegetable from sea. | 这是 海里面的蔬菜 |
[51:01] | Good? | 好吃吗 |
[51:03] | – God, it’s so hard to chew. – Hard to chew. | -我的天 很难嚼 -很难嚼 |
[51:07] | Yeah, like English! | 对 就跟英语一样 |
[51:23] | Thank you very much, Elizabeth… um, Liz. | 谢谢你 伊丽莎白…莉兹 |
[51:29] | Thank you, Li. I had a nice night. | 谢谢你 李 陪我度过一个愉快的夜晚 |
[51:31] | Nice night? | 愉快的夜晚? |
[52:10] | Hello! | 你好! |
[52:12] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[52:15] | Where have you been? | 去哪了 |
[52:17] | Uh… I go Chinatown. | 我去了中国城 |
[52:21] | Um… movie-watch movie. | 电影…看电影 |
[52:24] | – A kung-fu movie? – Yes, Ben. I go bed now. | -功夫电影? -是的 本 我睡觉去了 |
[52:29] | Nice night. | Nice night(愉快的一晚) |
[52:31] | Goodnight. | Goodnight(晚安) |
[52:35] | GOOD…night GOOD… night. | |
[52:37] | Oh, yes. Uh… good… night. | 对…good…night |
[52:41] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[52:45] | Fantastic! | 很棒! |
[53:02] | Alright, yeah, just a litte more over the shoulder next time. | 很好 下次稍微过肩膀一点 |
[53:05] | I want to take it from the lift. | 从上举动作开始 |
[53:08] | – Just a little more sustained. – Sure. | -动作保持时间长一点 -可以 |
[53:10] | OK? Because I think you have time musically. | 明白吗要跟着音乐的节奏 |
[53:11] | – Oh, yeah. – Alright. | 好的 |
[53:13] | 7 2 3 So seven, two, three, | |
[53:15] | 8 2 3… eight, two, three… | |
[53:20] | And up with the accent, and hold a little longer. | 然后举起来 时间保持长一些 |
[53:24] | Bobby! | 鲍比! |
[53:26] | What have you done? What’s happened? | 怎么了 怎么回事 |
[53:30] | Argh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[53:31] | – Oh, Christ. – They’ll bring you some ice. | 拿冰来敷一下 |
[53:34] | What about one of the principals or soloists? | 能不能用别的主角或者独舞演员 |
[53:37] | Well, they’re all away on vacation. | 他们都不在 度假去了 |
[53:39] | David Trembath’s at Galveston. | 戴维·特伦巴思在加尔维斯敦 |
[53:41] | Well, he can make it here in time, surely. | 他应该来得及赶回来 没问题 |
[53:42] | – Li’s better than he is. – It’s tonight, Ben. | -李比他好多了 -今晚就要演出了 本 |
[53:45] | And Li’s just a student here. The union won’t allow it. | 李只是这里的学员 工会不会同意的 |
[53:49] | Ben, this is the biggest night on the arts calendar. | 本 今晚的演出可是艺术界的盛事 |
[53:52] | How’s he supposed to learn ‘Don Quixote’ in three hours? | 他怎么能在三个小时内学会堂吉诃德 |
[53:55] | He already knows the solo. | 独舞的部分他已经会了 |
[53:57] | All he has to learn is the pas de deux. | 他只要学一下双人舞就行了 |
[53:59] | Everybody who is anyone is gonna be here tonight, | 今晚很多名人都会出席 |
[54:01] | including the Vice President. | 包括副总统 |
[54:03] | Yes, I know, but Li told me | 是的 我知道 可是李告诉我 |
[54:04] | he once danced for the great Madame Mao – we’re alright. | 他曾经为毛泽东的夫人表演过 没问题的 |
[54:07] | But he’s Chinese. | 可他是中国人 |
[54:11] | What I mean is… | 我的意思是… |
[54:12] | I mean, he can’t play a Spaniard, can he? | 我是说 他演不了西班牙人 |
[54:15] | Well, unless I’m mistaken, Betty Lou, | 如果我没有弄错的话 贝蒂·露 |
[54:17] | I distinctly remember | 我清楚地记得 |
[54:19] | Marlon Brando playing a Japanese villager. | 马龙·白兰度演过日本村民 |
[54:21] | Oh, I loved that movie! | 我喜欢那部电影! |
[54:24] | Ben, what if he’s not up to it? | 本 如果他演不了呢 |
[54:31] | He’s up to it, Cynthia. | 他可以的 辛西娅 |
[54:33] | And keep the Spanish feel, keep that attitude. | 找西班牙人的感觉 保持这种感觉 |
[54:35] | When you come out of the à la seconde | 第二章结束之后 |
[54:36] | just do it with as many pirouettes as you can. | 尽可能多地做回旋动作 |
[54:38] | And be sure to finish on the music. | 音乐停你就停 |
[54:40] | That’s… | 其实… |
[54:42] | It’s not too late, Li. I mean, we can cancel. | 现在还来得及 我们可以放弃 |
[54:44] | Um, no. | 不用 |
[54:46] | – Um, I can do this, Ben. – No, you can do it. | -我可以的 -你一定可以的 |
[54:48] | I know you can do it. Go from the top of the pas de deux? | 我知道你可以 我们从双人舞那段开始 |
[54:51] | – The beginning? – Yes. From the beginning. | -从头开始? -是的 从头开始 |
[54:54] | And… tombé, pas de bourrée, glissade, lift, pirouette. | 通贝 帕德不雷 哥里沙 抬手 皮鲁埃特 |
[55:00] | Tombé, arabesque, soutenu, | 通贝 阿拉贝斯克 苏特纽 |
[55:03] | get close to her, ready for the one-arm lift. | 接近舞伴 准备单臂举起 |
[55:09] | When the show starts, if you can’t see there, you can… | 表演开始后 如果不能去现场看 你可以… |
[55:13] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[55:14] | I hate the opera. | 我讨厌歌剧 |
[55:16] | But they have the ballet too. | 有芭蕾舞表演 |
[55:17] | I just hope it all works out. | 我希望一切顺利 |
[55:19] | Ladies and gentlemen, take your seats. | 女士们 先生们 请坐下来 |
[55:22] | Tonight’s performance of ‘Die Fledermaus’ | 蝙蝠 (施特劳斯作品) |
[55:24] | will commence in two minutes. | 将在两分钟后开始 |
[55:29] | Vice President Bush and his wife Barbara, | 布什副总统和夫人芭芭拉 |
[55:31] | are attending the opening of | 将会出席本次 |
[55:32] | Houston Opera’s summer season | 休斯顿歌剧团的夏季首演 |
[55:34] | ‘Die Federmaus’, by Johann Strauss. | 施特劳斯的蝙蝠 |
[55:36] | Stars of the Houston Ballet are also… | 休斯顿歌剧团的明星们 |
[55:38] | – Oh, hi. – Hello. | -嗨 -你好 |
[55:42] | You better be right, Ben Stevenson. | 但愿一切顺利 本·斯蒂文森 |
[55:47] | Consul Zhang, so glad you could make it. | 张领事 很高兴你能来 |
[56:27] | Lori, um… woman dancer called, um… ‘balerina’. | 洛丽 女演员叫 balerina |
[56:33] | What you call man? | 男的叫什么 |
[56:35] | Danseur noble ‘Danseur noble’. | |
[56:39] | Not nice, not like ‘ballerina’. | 不好听 不如ballerina |
[56:41] | OK, well how about Big Ballerino? | 那么叫Big Ballerino如何 |
[56:44] | Ballerino Ballerino. | |
[56:46] | I like. | 我喜欢 |
[56:47] | All set, Big Ballerino? | 准备好了吗 Big Ballerino |
[56:50] | All set, Big Ballerina. | 准备好了 Big Ballerino |
[57:03] | Ladies und gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[57:06] | I would like to present to you all | 下面要出场的是 |
[57:09] | two very special guests from sunny Spain. | 来自美丽的西班牙的两位特殊客人 |
[58:42] | Not bad. | 不错 |
[59:25] | Oh, boy. | 哦 天呐 |
[59:54] | Fantastic! | 太棒了! |
[1:01:15] | How ’bout that, huh? | 怎么样 |
[1:01:34] | OK. Oh, wait, walt, wait. | 等等 |
[1:01:37] | There’s a card. | 有张卡片 |
[1:01:47] | “The lucky carp wind chime.” | 幸运的鲤鱼风铃 |
[1:01:50] | “Legend has it that as the carp swims upstream,” | 传说鲤鱼往上游 |
[1:01:54] | “it has to leap…” | 必须越过 |
[1:01:57] | “..over many obstacles,” | 很多阻碍 |
[1:01:59] | “and with the final leap,” | 经过最后一跃 |
[1:02:03] | “it turns into the celestial dragon.” | 鲤鱼就会变成天上的龙 |
[1:02:15] | Li, wait. Slow down one second. | 李 等一下 |
[1:02:23] | I’m a virgin. | 我还是处女 |
[1:02:24] | Um… a virgin? | 什么 |
[1:02:27] | It means I’ve never done it before. | 我以前没有做过 |
[1:02:30] | Done what? | 做什么 |
[1:02:32] | I’ve never had sex before. | 我没有做过爱 |
[1:02:36] | You know what sex is? | 你知道什么是sex |
[1:02:40] | One two three four five sex! One, two, three, four, five, sex! | |
[1:02:42] | No. No. | 不是 不是 |
[1:02:44] | – No? – No, no. | -不是? -不是 |
[1:02:45] | It’s how a man and a woman make a baby together. | 男人和女人一起生孩子 |
[1:02:48] | You want to make a baby? | 你想要生孩子? |
[1:02:50] | No! No. | 不 不是 |
[1:02:52] | No, no, no, no. No! That’s not what I’m trying to say. | 不是 我不是这个意思 |
[1:02:55] | No. What I’m… What I’m… | 我意思是…意思是… |
[1:02:59] | Never mind. | 不管了 |
[1:03:19] | So the roster for the opening week of’Swan Lake’ | 首周的天鹅湖演员名册 |
[1:03:22] | will be posted today, but Li will be guesting Bobby’s role. | 今天会张贴出来 李会演鲍比的角色 |
[1:03:25] | You’ve got to be kidding, right? | 你不是开玩笑吧 |
[1:03:27] | No offence, Li, but I’m Bobby’s understudy. | 别介意 李 我是鲍比的预备演员 |
[1:03:29] | Of course you are, David. | 你当然是 戴维 |
[1:03:30] | It’s just an opportunity for Houstonians to see Li dance | 这么做是为了让休斯顿人在李回国之前 |
[1:03:32] | before he goes back, that’s all. | 欣赏李的表演 就是这样 |
[1:03:34] | Alright? | 明白吗 |
[1:03:35] | In fact, I have applied to the Chinese Government | 还有 我已经向中国政府提出申请 |
[1:03:38] | for permission for us all to tour China next year. | 明年去中国巡演 |
[1:03:41] | – That’s right. – I’ll be in that. | -不错 -我愿意去 |
[1:03:43] | – Oh, yeah, me too. – Hey, you just stay injured. | -我也想去 -嘿 你最好一直这样 |
[1:03:45] | It’d be a first for an American company. | 这将是美国芭蕾舞团首次去中国 |
[1:04:03] | More kung-fu? | 又去看功夫片了? |
[1:04:05] | Yes. More kung-fu. | 是的 功夫片 |
[1:04:07] | Fantastic. | 非常棒 |
[1:04:09] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[1:04:10] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[1:05:10] | Thank you for coming, Mr Stevenson. | 欢迎 斯蒂文森先生 |
[1:05:11] | No, not at all. | 不客气 |
[1:05:14] | I received a telex from Beijing last night. | 我昨晚收到北京发来的电报 |
[1:05:18] | I’m sorry, but the request | 很抱歉 |
[1:05:20] | for Cunxin to have his stay extended | 你们的申请被拒绝了 |
[1:05:22] | has been refused. | 存信必须在规定时间回国 |
[1:05:25] | But I thought… | 可是… |
[1:05:38] | Is there anything we can do? | 有没有回旋的余地 |
[1:05:40] | No, Mr Stevenson. There isn’t | 没有 斯蒂文森先生 不行 |
[1:06:05] | Li, don’t worry. I’ll… | 李 别担心 我会… |
[1:06:07] | You’ll be abe to come back. I’ll make sure of it. | 你能回来的 我确定 |
[1:06:11] | I’ll do everything I can. | 我会尽一切努力 |
[1:06:15] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:06:34] | Ben not understand. | 本不理解 |
[1:06:36] | He’s too much in love with China. | 他对中国太有好感了 |
[1:06:38] | In China, not so easy. | 在中国 没这么简单 |
[1:06:41] | Tell you what to do, where to go, what can say. | 让你做什么 去哪里 说什么 你都要照办 |
[1:06:47] | Maybe I can’t come back. | 可能我回不来了 |
[1:06:53] | You know, I must dance political ballet in China, | 我在中国必须表演样板戏芭蕾舞剧 |
[1:06:57] | but I dance better here. | 可在这里我跳得更好 |
[1:07:01] | Because feel more… free. | 因为感觉更…自由 |
[1:07:17] | Well, there are several options available for you | 如果你想留在美国 |
[1:07:19] | to stay in the United States, if that’s your wish. | 有几种选择 如果你愿意的话 |
[1:07:22] | Seeking political asylum is one, | 寻求政治避难是一种 |
[1:07:24] | but that’s the last option I’d recommend | 不过这是不得已而为之的办法 |
[1:07:26] | because it means you’d have to defect. | 因为这就意味着你要叛国 |
[1:07:29] | No, no defect. | 不 不能叛国 |
[1:07:31] | Li’s worried about his family. | 李担心他的家人安全 |
[1:07:33] | He doesn’t want to make things difficult for them. | 他不想给他们带来麻烦 |
[1:07:35] | He also wants to be able to go back and see them. | 他还想能够回去看他们 |
[1:07:37] | OK, well from what I’ve read and heard about you, | 那么 据我了解的情况 |
[1:07:42] | I’m certain we’d be able to qualify you, | 我确信你能够留下来 |
[1:07:44] | based on your extraordinary skills as a performing artist. | 因为你是一个卓越的表演艺术家 |
[1:07:47] | What would be involved, Charles? | 需要什么材料 |
[1:07:49] | Well, we’d have to get supporting statements | 需要证明材料 |
[1:07:51] | and a petition signed by an employer, | 还有雇主的申请书 |
[1:07:54] | the Houston Ballet Company, no doubt. | 休斯顿芭蕾舞团 当然 |
[1:07:59] | Alternatively, if you were in a relationship | 除此之外 如果你在谈恋爱 |
[1:08:03] | or planning to get married soon, | 或者打算马上结婚 |
[1:08:05] | and your spouse was a US citizen, | 如果你的配偶是美国公民 |
[1:08:06] | well, there would be no issue whatsoever | 那就好办了 |
[1:08:08] | because the Chinese Government | 因为中国政府 |
[1:08:10] | recognises international marriage laws. | 承认国际婚姻法 |
[1:08:14] | Are you in a reationship, Li? | 你在谈恋爱吗 李 |
[1:08:16] | Uh, do you have a girlfriend? | 你有女朋友吗 |
[1:08:19] | No, he doesn’t. | 他没有 |
[1:08:20] | Uh, yes, I have, um, American girlfriend. | 有 我有一个美国女朋友 |
[1:08:23] | – You what? – How about that! Who is she? | -什么 -真的假的 她是谁 |
[1:08:26] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:08:27] | Well, first of all, | 但是 |
[1:08:28] | I would strongly advise against a marriage of convenience, | 我不建议你通过功利婚姻留下来 |
[1:08:31] | unless of course it was a serious relationship you’re in. | 你们的感情最好是认真的 |
[1:08:34] | If there’s one thing worse than an immigration problem, | 因为比移民问题更糟糕的是 |
[1:08:38] | it’s a marriage problem. | 婚姻问题 |
[1:08:40] | Is it a serious reationship, Li? | 你们的感情是不是认真的 李 |
[1:08:43] | Is it serious, | 是不是认真的? |
[1:08:44] | Li? | 李? |
[1:08:45] | On behalf of the Houston Ballet Company | 我谨代表休斯顿芭蕾舞团 |
[1:08:48] | and all of us who’ve had | 以及所有 |
[1:08:50] | the privilege of seeing you dance, Li, | 欣赏你的表演的人 李 |
[1:08:53] | I’d like to say how exciting it’s been having you here. | 非常荣幸你能够来这里 |
[1:08:55] | You came as a student, and leave here as a star. | 来的时候是学生 现在已经是明星了 |
[1:09:08] | Um… just… | 那么… |
[1:09:14] | Thank you, Ben. | 谢谢你 本 |
[1:09:15] | And… | 还有… |
[1:09:20] | …thank the audience. | 谢谢观众 |
[1:09:25] | Thank you, America. | 谢谢美国 |
[1:09:46] | Mr Stevenson, | 斯蒂文森先生 |
[1:09:47] | we’re ready for the photograph with Consul Zhang. | 我们准备和张领事一起拍照 |
[1:09:49] | – Excuse me. – Of course. | -不好意思 -没关系 |
[1:09:52] | I don’t know. Has anyone seen him? | 我不清楚 有没有人看到他 |
[1:09:55] | I’ll just ask you to step in together. | 来一张合影 |
[1:09:56] | Great. | 很好 |
[1:09:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:10:00] | Consul, Anita Jones. | 领事先生 我是安妮塔·琼斯 |
[1:10:01] | Anita’s the arts editor for the ‘Houston Chronicle’. | 安妮塔是《休斯顿纪事报》的美术编辑 |
[1:10:03] | – I’m pleased to meet you. – Pleased to meet you too, sir. | -很高兴见到你 -我也很高兴见到你 先生 |
[1:10:06] | Do you mind if I get a few words from you about Li | 能不能请您评价一下 |
[1:10:08] | and what it means to China to have had him here? | 李这次来美国意味着什么 |
[1:10:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:10:11] | – Excuse me. – Sure. | -我走开一会 -请便 |
[1:10:13] | I see it as another positive step in… | 我认为这是积极的一步… |
[1:10:17] | He’s not at the theatre. | 他不在剧场 |
[1:10:19] | – Did you try my place? – Sure. No answer. | -我家里呢 -找了 没有 |
[1:10:22] | Sir, we’re ready to serve. | 先生 我们准备上菜了 |
[1:10:25] | Do you mind if we just wait… just a little longer? | 能不能等等…再等一会 |
[1:10:28] | – Yes, sir. – Thank you. Thank you. | -好的 先生 -谢谢 谢谢 |
[1:10:30] | – They’re starting to wonder. – Well, I know. | -客人们已经等急了 -我知道 |
[1:10:31] | Maybe you should say something. | 也许你该说几句 |
[1:10:33] | I don’t know what I’m going to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[1:10:35] | Mr Stevenson, it’s for you. | 斯蒂文森先生 您的电话 |
[1:10:47] | What the hell is going on, Dilworth? | 怎么回事 迪尔沃思 |
[1:10:50] | Where’s Li? | 李到哪去了 |
[1:11:00] | Li, you can’t stay here. It’s out of the question. | 李 你不能留在这 绝对不行 |
[1:11:02] | Ben, um… I’m married. | 本 我结婚了 |
[1:11:05] | – You’re what? – I’m married. | -你什么 -我结婚了 |
[1:11:07] | I not go back to China. | 我不回中国了 |
[1:11:08] | No, you can’t be married. Don’t be ridiculous. | 你怎么会结婚了 别胡说八道了 |
[1:11:10] | I mean, who did you marry? | 你跟谁结婚了 |
[1:11:13] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[1:11:14] | Elizabeth? Elizabeth who? | 伊丽莎白 谁 |
[1:11:20] | – Oh, you conniving little bitch. – Stop! | -你这个小贱人 -别! |
[1:11:22] | Ben, I love her. | 本 我爱她 |
[1:11:24] | You are going back, Li! | 你必须回去 李! |
[1:11:27] | If you love China, you go back. | 如果你喜欢中国 你去 |
[1:11:30] | I… I stay. | 我…我留下 |
[1:11:31] | You are not married! He’s not married! | 你没有结婚! 他没有结婚! |
[1:11:34] | For God’s sake, Ben, calm down! | 拜托了 本 冷静一点 |
[1:11:35] | Li… | 李… |
[1:11:36] | Li, Consul Zhang will think | 李 张领事一定会认为 |
[1:11:40] | it’s all my doing, just to keep you here. | 这是我的主意 |
[1:11:42] | Please, don’t do this to me. | 拜托你不要害我 |
[1:11:43] | I-I not go back. | 我…我不回去 |
[1:11:46] | You have to. You have to. | 你必须回去 |
[1:11:47] | Don’t you understand, it’s gonna ruin everything | 你这么做会毁了一切 |
[1:11:50] | everything I’ve worked for. | 一切我的努力 |
[1:11:51] | I can’t believe you’d be so selfish. | 没想到你这么自私 |
[1:12:02] | Li, no-one is making you do this. | 李 你没有必要来这里 |
[1:12:05] | Mr Foster, I want no trouble for Ben. | 福斯特先生 我不想给本惹麻烦 |
[1:12:10] | I must tell Consul Zhang I make decision, not Ben. | 我必须告诉张领事 这是我的主意 不关本的事 |
[1:12:13] | That’s all very well, but the consulate | 你说的没错 可是领事馆 |
[1:12:15] | is Chinese territory for all intents and purposes. | 实质上是中国领土 |
[1:12:18] | I explained that to him already, Charles. | 我已经跟他说过了 查尔斯 |
[1:12:20] | Please have a seat. | 请坐 |
[1:12:34] | I don’t know how you could be so foolish! | 真没想到你这么愚蠢! |
[1:12:38] | – Hi there, I’m Li’s attorney. – A lawyer? | -你好 我是李的律师 -律师? |
[1:12:40] | And you should know better! | 你们一定早知道了! |
[1:12:41] | I had no idea Li was gonna bring a lawyer. | 我不知道李会带律师过来 |
[1:12:44] | Let’s try to keep things positive, shall we? | 我们好好解决这件事 好不好 |
[1:12:45] | I couldn’t agree more. | 但愿如此 |
[1:12:47] | Thank you for coming. So many of you. | 欢迎光临 这么多人 |
[1:12:49] | Consul, how are you? I’m… | 领事 你好 我是… |
[1:12:51] | I know who you are, Mr Foster. Pleased to meet you. | 我知道你是谁 福斯特先生 很高兴见到你 |
[1:12:54] | My staff tell me you are | 同事告诉我你是 |
[1:12:56] | a member of the US China Friendship Association. | 美中友好协会的成员 |
[1:12:59] | Yes, I am. | 是的 没错 |
[1:13:00] | I was in China 18 months ago, as a matter of fact. | 我18个月前去过中国 |
[1:13:03] | Vice Consul Lan is happy to discuss legal matters | 兰副领事会和你们谈法律程序 |
[1:13:07] | if you would be so kind as to go with him. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[1:13:11] | Mr Stevenson, perhaps you could accompany them. | 斯蒂文森先生 也许你该和他们一起 |
[1:13:14] | – Yes, I’d be happy to. – I’ll be right back, Li. | -好的 我很乐意 -我马上回来 李 |
[1:13:21] | Now, if you’d please allow me to speak with Cunxin alone. | 那么 请允许我和存信单独谈谈 |
[1:13:25] | No, I’m gonna stay with Li. | 不行 我要和李在一起 |
[1:13:27] | Well, don’t you have balls! | 真没种! |
[1:13:30] | Well, it seems like I need them. | 不关你事 |
[1:13:33] | I’m staying too. | 我也留下 |
[1:13:34] | We have been asked to leave. | 人家让我们走呢 |
[1:13:37] | Dilworth, I speak to Consul Zhang. | 迪尔沃思 让我和张领事谈 |
[1:13:41] | It’s OK. | 没事的 |
[1:14:29] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[1:14:32] | It’s OK. We’ll wait. | 没事 我们等等 |
[1:14:34] | OK. | 好的 |
[1:14:35] | I’m interested to know how and when, exactly, was it | 我很想知道 李为什么 什么时候 是不是本人 |
[1:14:41] | that Li Cunxin arrived at this decision? | 作出这个决定 |
[1:14:44] | With all due respect, sir, that is not what we’re here to discuss. | 恕我直言 先生 我们不是来讨论这个问题的 |
[1:14:47] | I’m only too happy to discuss it. | 我也很想知道 |
[1:14:49] | I think we should… | 我认为我们应该… |
[1:14:53] | Would you care for some refreshments? | 要不要吃点点心 |
[1:14:55] | No, thanks. If you’ll excuse me, I’ll get back to my client. | 不用了 谢谢 抱歉 我要回到我的委托人那里 |
[1:15:00] | Please sit down, Mr Foster! | 请坐下 福斯特先生! |
[1:15:07] | No! | 不! |
[1:15:12] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[1:15:13] | – Help! Someone help! – What’s going on? | -救命! 快来人啊! -发生什么事了 |
[1:15:16] | Now, I’m not gonna put up with… Goddamn! | 我看不下去了…妈的! |
[1:15:18] | Li! Li! | 李! |
[1:15:21] | Help! Li! Li! | 救命! 李! |
[1:15:26] | Li! Li! | 李! |
[1:15:30] | Open this door, goddamn it! | 开门 妈的! |
[1:15:32] | – Come back here! – Li! Li! | -回来! -李! 李! |
[1:15:38] | No! Help! Li! | 不! 救命! 李! |
[1:15:41] | Li! | 李! |
[1:15:42] | – What do we do? – For God’s sake! | -怎么办 -我的天! |
[1:15:46] | What’s happened? Where’s Li? | 怎么了 李呢 |
[1:15:47] | – They took him! – Upstairs! | -被他们抓走了! -在楼上! |
[1:15:49] | There was at least five of them. | 至少五个人 |
[1:15:52] | What have you done with Li? | 你们要把李怎么样 |
[1:15:54] | Please, I must ask all of you to leave now. | 抱歉 请你们全部离开这里 |
[1:15:57] | Excuse me, Consul, | 领事先生 |
[1:15:59] | but I believe someone just dragged my client out of here. | 可是我认为有人抓走了我的委托人 |
[1:16:02] | Mr Foster, you told us you’re a supporter of US-Sino relations, | 福斯特先生 你告诉我们 你是美中关系的拥护者 |
[1:16:06] | and what is best for US-Sino relations | 为了不损害美中关系 |
[1:16:10] | is for Li Cunxin to return to China. | 李一定要回中国 |
[1:16:12] | Please, let me try and convince him… | 我来跟他说… |
[1:16:14] | Well, that’s all very well but for one thing, sir. | 没错 可是 先生 |
[1:16:16] | We may be on the territory | 我们现在是在所谓 |
[1:16:18] | of the People’s Republic of China, sir, | 中华人民共和国的领土上 |
[1:16:20] | but in this country, what you’re doing | 可是你这么做 |
[1:16:23] | wherever you’re doing it | 不管哪里也好 |
[1:16:24] | is called kidnapping, and it’s against the law. | 这是绑架 是违法的 |
[1:16:33] | Well, he’s just walikng… You just drove hm away. | 他就这么走了… |
[1:16:36] | – I think we should just leave. – No! | -我们还是走吧 -不行! |
[1:16:39] | How can you even say that after what we just saw? | 我们怎么能袖手旁观 |
[1:16:41] | Li is a Chinese national. | 李是中国公民 |
[1:16:43] | I think we should just go and let the Chinese deal with it. | 还是让中国人去解决这个问题吧 |
[1:16:46] | Weren’t you even listening? | 你没有听出来吗 |
[1:16:47] | The course of Li’s return to China | 他们一定要把李送回中国 |
[1:16:49] | has most likely already been mapped out. | 可能早有预谋 |
[1:16:50] | All they need is for us to leave so they can go through with it. | 他们希望我们走 这样他们就可以行动了 |
[1:16:54] | Go through with what, how? What are you talking about? | 行动 什么意思 你在说什么 |
[1:16:56] | Remove Li in the early hours, heavily sedated I suspect, | 他们凌晨就会把他带走 很可能会注射镇定剂 |
[1:16:59] | and putting him on the first plane back to China. | 然后坐第一班机回中国 |
[1:17:51] | Who the hell is calling me at this hour? | 谁这个时候打电话 |
[1:17:58] | It’s Charles Foster, Judge. | 我是查尔斯·福斯特 法官 |
[1:18:00] | Sorry to wake you. | 抱歉吵醒你 |
[1:18:02] | This better be good, Charles. | 出什么事了 查尔斯 |
[1:18:03] | Yes, well, the Consul General of China | 是这样的 中国总领事 |
[1:18:07] | is holding a ballet dancer against his will. | 非法拘禁了一个芭蕾舞演员 |
[1:18:09] | I need to get a restraining order. | 我想申请法院制止令 |
[1:18:11] | Do I have the right to restrain the Consul General of China? | 我有权给中国总领事下制止令? |
[1:18:16] | Sir, I sincerely hope so. | 先生 我想你有 |
[1:18:34] | There are members of the press outside. | 外面来了记者 |
[1:18:36] | You’re a lawyer. | 你是律师 |
[1:18:37] | Will you make them go away, please? | 你能不能让他们离开 |
[1:18:41] | Consul, not even the President of the United States | 领事先生 就算是美国总统 |
[1:18:45] | can make the press go away. | 也没法让他们离开 |
[1:18:46] | Did you call them, Mr Foster? | 是不是你打的电话 福斯特先生 |
[1:18:49] | No. | 不是 |
[1:18:51] | I suspect they want to know what’s happened to Li. | 我估计他们想知道李发生了什么事 |
[1:18:53] | My advice to you is they don’t have to know. | 我的意见是 他们没有必要知道 |
[1:18:57] | What’s happened can be our secret. | 这里发生的事情就当是我们之间的秘密 |
[1:18:59] | But if you continue to hold Li here, | 可如果你继续扣留李 |
[1:19:01] | you’re gonna put our secret | 这个秘密 |
[1:19:03] | on the front page of every newspaper in the world. | 就会成为全世界报纸的头条 |
[1:19:14] | I’d like to use your phone again, please. | 我想再用一下你电话 |
[1:19:18] | Phone? | 电话? |
[1:19:21] | Mark Gibson, China desk officer. | 马克·吉普森 中国事务处 |
[1:19:23] | Yes, this is Charles Foster. | 你好 我是查尔斯·福斯特 |
[1:19:24] | There’s been an incident at the Chinese consulate | 休斯顿中国领事馆 |
[1:19:26] | in Houston. | 有事发生 |
[1:19:28] | Please alert the ambassador in Peking immediately. | 请立刻告知在北京的大使 |
[1:19:30] | Mr Foster, there’s no need to make any more calls. | 福斯特先生 没有必要再打电话了 |
[1:19:34] | – Please hang up the phone. – Where’s Li? I want to see him. | -请放下电话吧 -李在哪里 我要见他 |
[1:19:37] | May I have your attention, please? | 大家注意 |
[1:19:40] | I’m pleased to inform you | 我很高兴告诉大家 |
[1:19:42] | that Li Cunxin has decided to return home to China. | 李存信已经决定回中国了 |
[1:19:45] | You may all leave now. | 你们可以走了 |
[1:19:47] | If you don’t mind, I’d like to hear that from Li. | 如果你不介意的话 我想听李亲口说 |
[1:19:50] | Yeah, he’s just saying that! | 对 让他自己说! |
[1:19:52] | If you do not leave voluntarily, you will all be removed. | 如果你们不主动离开 我们会采取强制措施 |
[1:19:55] | Oh, yeah? Just try. | 是吗 你试试看 |
[1:19:57] | We are not leaving until we see Li! | 见不到李我们是不会走的! |
[1:20:00] | Mr Stevenson, but you assured me you are not at fault. | 斯蒂文森先生 你跟我说过这与你无关 |
[1:20:04] | I’m not. And I’m not saying I don’t want Li to go back. | 确实 我没有说过我不想李回国 |
[1:20:07] | I’m just saying… Well, let me see him. | 我只是…让我见见他 |
[1:20:21] | ‘Houston Chronicle’, Mr Foster. | 《休斯敦纪事报》 福斯特先生 |
[1:20:22] | Is Li Cunxin being held inside the consulate? | 是不是李被扣留在领事馆 |
[1:20:24] | I’m not making any statements at this time. | 无可奉告 |
[1:20:26] | – Are you his attorney? – Thank you. | -你是他的律师吗 -谢谢 |
[1:20:46] | You know, when I was little, | 知道吗 我小的时候 |
[1:20:47] | my aunt had a cat named Chairman Miaow. | 我阿姨有只猫叫喵主席 |
[1:20:50] | I could never figure out why. | 我也不知道为什么 |
[1:20:53] | Miaow. | 喵 |
[1:20:55] | – Chairman Miaow. – Oh, for God’s sake, Dilworth! | -喵主席 -别瞎说 迪尔沃思! |
[1:20:58] | Here, kitty-kitty! | 这边 小猫咪! |
[1:21:01] | A Chinese puzzle is taking place in Houston, | 休斯顿今日发生了一件离奇的事件 |
[1:21:03] | involving an exchange student from Peking, an American girl, | 一名来自北京的交换生 一名美国少女 |
[1:21:07] | the government of the People’s Republic of China | 中华人民共和国政府 |
[1:21:10] | and the Department of State. | 以及美国国务院都涉及其中 |
[1:21:19] | His attorney is believed to have | 其律师已经 |
[1:21:21] | contacted the Vice President | 与副总统取得联系 |
[1:21:22] | to put pressure on the Chinese Government in Peking | 试图向中国政府施压 |
[1:21:25] | in order to effect his release. | 以寻求释放该名男子 |
[1:21:27] | I hope you don’t get me into trouble, Charles, | 希望你别把我卷进去 查尔斯 |
[1:21:29] | or you’re gonna be sorry now. | 你应该不会吧 |
[1:21:30] | I hope so too, Judge. | 我希望如此 法官 |
[1:21:32] | I just need you to sign this restraining order. | 麻烦您在这个制止令上签个字 |
[1:21:34] | Let’s say we worry about that later, hmm? | 其他以后再说 好吗 |
[1:21:36] | You better take a look at this. | 你最好看看这个 |
[1:21:51] | Excuse me, please. Thank you. | 借过 谢谢 |
[1:21:59] | Yes? | 哪位 |
[1:22:00] | I have an order I’m serving | 我有制止令 |
[1:22:02] | under authority of the US Marshal. | 代表联邦法院执行官来执行公务 |
[1:22:04] | We open at nine o’clock. | 我们九点开门 |
[1:22:05] | Would you please tell Consul Zhang | 请你转告张领事 |
[1:22:07] | that Charles Foster is here? | 查尔斯·福斯特拜访 |
[1:22:09] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[1:22:10] | – Mr Foster? – Not now! | -福斯特先生? -没时间 |
[1:22:13] | Sir, you should know the Vice President | 先生 副总统 |
[1:22:15] | has had discussions with Premier Deng Xiaoping. | 已经跟邓小平总理谈过了 |
[1:22:17] | We expect instructions will soon be issued from Peking, | 北京方面很快就会 |
[1:22:20] | via the Chinese Embassy in Washington. | 通过华盛顿的大使馆下达指示 |
[1:25:44] | Li? | 李? |
[1:25:48] | Come to bed, please. | 睡觉吧 |
[1:25:51] | You can’t keep doing this night after night. | 你总不能每晚都这样 |
[1:25:55] | They’re watching. | 有人在监视 |
[1:25:56] | There’s no-one, Li. No-one’s watching. | 没有人 李 没有人在监视我们 |
[1:26:00] | Come on, come back to bed. | 快点 睡觉吧 |
[1:26:32] | Hello, Li. | 你好 李 |
[1:26:35] | Hello, Ben. | 你好 本 |
[1:26:41] | Um, we go to Florida. | 我们去弗罗里达州 |
[1:26:44] | Liz’s mother, she live there, in West Palm Beach. | 莉兹的母亲 住在那 西棕榈滩 |
[1:26:49] | Hmm. What are you going to do when you get there? | 去那之后做什么 |
[1:26:53] | Get job. | 找工作 |
[1:26:55] | What, in a supermarket? | 去哪找 超市 |
[1:26:57] | No, I go for audition. Liz too. | 不 我去试镜 莉兹也去 |
[1:26:59] | Oh, no, Li. It… Oh! | 不 李 这个… |
[1:27:04] | It’s not that easy, you know. | 不是那么简单的 你要知道 |
[1:27:06] | I mean, it takes time to get established. | 我是说 安定下来需要时间 |
[1:27:09] | And I know this isn’t your home, | 我知道这里不是你的家乡 |
[1:27:11] | but right now, it’s the next best thing. | 可是目前来说 这里是最好的地方了 |
[1:27:14] | You don’t know a soul in America, outside of Houston. | 在美国除了休斯顿 其他地方你一无所知 |
[1:27:17] | Of course, you’re a brilliant dancer | 当然 你是一个优秀的演员 |
[1:27:21] | and you’re very popular here, so I’d be lying | 你在这里非常受欢迎 所以说完全为了你才让你留下 |
[1:27:23] | if I said I was doing it entirely for you. | 也不是实话 |
[1:27:27] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白? |
[1:27:31] | She’s just… | 她还… |
[1:27:31] | She’s not good enough to dance with the company, Li. | 她不行 不能在剧团里表演 李 |
[1:27:37] | But, you know, the company is having open auditions. | 可是 你知道 剧团有公开试镜机会 |
[1:27:40] | We’re required to do that once a year. They’re coming up. | 每年都有一次 可以来试试 |
[1:27:42] | – Alright? – Alright, I’ll think about it. | -明白吗 -明白 我考虑一下 |
[1:27:47] | Alright. | 好的 |
[1:28:03] | What did he want? | 他来干吗 |
[1:28:06] | He, um… offer me a contract, as soloist. | 他…提供了一份合同 独舞 |
[1:28:11] | – Soloist? – Yeah. | -独舞? -是的 |
[1:28:13] | Wow! Did he say anything about me? | 那他有没有提到我 |
[1:28:19] | Yes. | 有 |
[1:28:21] | He said you can go for audition. | 他说你可以参加试镜 |
[1:28:23] | – Audition? – Yes. | -试镜? -是的 |
[1:28:25] | Liz, you very good dancer. | 莉兹 你是很好的演员 |
[1:28:28] | The open auditions. | 公开试镜 |
[1:28:30] | Yes. Maybe we dance in the company together. | 是的 也许我们能在一起跳舞 |
[1:28:35] | Be good, no? | 很好 不是吗 |
[1:28:37] | Mm-hm. Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:28:41] | – If you still want go to Florida… – No. | -如果你坚持去弗罗里达 -不去了 |
[1:28:44] | No, this is a great opportunity for you. | 这对你来说是一个好机会 |
[1:28:47] | Are you sure, Liz? | 你确定吗 莉兹 |
[1:28:48] | Yeah, I’m sure. Yeah. | 是的 我确定 是的 |
[1:28:51] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[1:28:58] | Keep it crisp. | 动作要干脆 |
[1:29:02] | Lori, try not to pull focus. | 洛丽 注意力集中 |
[1:29:05] | You’re a unit. | 你们是一个团体 |
[1:29:10] | Alright, Lori? Lori, you’re standing out. | 那个 洛丽 你出来 |
[1:29:12] | Back to the top. | 再来一遍 |
[1:29:14] | Come on, once again. | 快点 再来一遍 |
[1:29:28] | Lori? | 洛丽? |
[1:29:32] | He just put me back in the corps. | 他不让我继续演了 |
[1:29:34] | What for? Why? | 为什么 |
[1:29:35] | I think he’s trying to get me to walk away from my contract. | 我猜他想解除我的合同 |
[1:29:38] | No! You prima ballerina. | 不! 你是一个优秀的演员 |
[1:29:40] | Not anymore. | 不再是了 |
[1:29:44] | Mary McKendry, Ben’s favourite. | 玛丽· 麦肯德里 本最喜欢她 |
[1:29:47] | He got her back from the Australian Ballet. | 他把她从澳大利亚请过来 |
[1:29:51] | You must have met her in China. | 你在中国一定见过她 |
[1:29:56] | She’s gonna be doing Swan Lake with you. | 她会和你一起演天鹅湖 |
[1:29:59] | Lori, Ben do this to you because you help me. | 洛丽 本这么做肯定是因为你帮过我 |
[1:30:03] | No. Li, that’s not true. | 不 李 不是这样的 |
[1:30:07] | Yes, it is. | 是的 就是这个原因 |
[1:30:09] | I cause many problems. | 我给很多人添麻烦了 |
[1:30:11] | For you, for Ben, for Liz. | 你 本 莉兹 |
[1:30:15] | For my family. | 还有我的家人 |
[1:30:19] | Have you tried contacting them? | 你有没有和他们联系 |
[1:30:22] | I write letter. Nothing. | 我写过信 其它没有 |
[1:30:24] | What about calling? | 为什么不打电话 |
[1:30:26] | No. | 不想打 |
[1:30:27] | Making too much trouble, maybe danger for my family. | 太麻烦了 而且可能会给家人带来危险 |
[1:30:32] | Better not. | 所以还是不打了 |
[1:30:34] | Better they forget their sixth son. | 最好他们忘了我这个不孝的六儿子 |
[1:31:24] | You’re OK. You’re OK. | 没事的 没事的 |
[1:31:29] | It was just a dream. | 只是一场梦 |
[1:31:32] | Just a dream. Shh. | 只是梦而已 |
[1:33:08] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:33:14] | I come home, right? | 我这是在家 没错吧 |
[1:33:16] | Big mess. | 一团糟 |
[1:33:18] | What’s… Rice in sink. | 这里…米放在水槽里 |
[1:33:21] | That’s no good. | 这样不对 |
[1:33:23] | So that’s why you’re angry. | 就因为这个生气 |
[1:33:24] | Want me to cook and clean for you? I’m not your mother. | 我给你煮饭扫地? 我不是你妈妈 |
[1:33:28] | Here, I got you some noodles. No, you not my mother. | -我给你买了面条 -对 你不是我妈妈 |
[1:33:30] | My mother, she work very hard, all day, all her life. | 我妈妈 她辛勤干活 整天 一辈子辛苦 |
[1:33:34] | What you do? | 你做了什么 |
[1:33:35] | What do you think I do? | 你想要我做什么 |
[1:33:38] | Everything is fine for you. You have your career. | 你一切都顺顺利利的 你有你的事业 |
[1:33:40] | It’s not fine, Liz. | 你错了 莉兹 |
[1:33:43] | You not understand! | 你不明白! |
[1:33:44] | No, you don’t understand. | 是你不明白! |
[1:33:46] | I want to dance, Li! | 我想要跳舞 李! |
[1:33:48] | I have my dreams too. | 我也有我的梦想 |
[1:33:49] | At least you can go to sleep at night thinking about yours. | 至少你晚上睡觉的时候可以想着你的事业 |
[1:33:52] | In night, I think of my family in China. | 晚上 我在想我在中国的家人 |
[1:33:55] | I worry, Liz. There’s no sleep. | 我担心他们 莉兹 我根本睡不着 |
[1:33:57] | Just nightmares and terrible feeling all the time. | 都是噩梦 老是害怕出事 |
[1:34:00] | Well what about my feelings, huh? What about me? | 那我的感受呢 我呢 |
[1:34:04] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[1:34:06] | No, stop telling me I don’t understand. | 够了 不要再说我不明白 |
[1:34:09] | I want to dance, Li. | 我想要跳舞 李 |
[1:34:11] | I’ve tried to be what you want me to be, and I can’t do it! | 我想要跳舞 和你一起 可是我做不到! |
[1:34:15] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我受不了了 |
[1:34:27] | I’m going to San Francisco to audition. | 我去旧金山试镜 |
[1:34:31] | I need to get into a company. You understand, don’t you, Li? | 我也想进剧团 你明白吗 李 |
[1:34:36] | Yes, I understand. | 是的 我明白 |
[1:34:44] | When we got married… | 你跟我结婚… |
[1:34:47] | …was it because you loved me | …是因为你爱我 |
[1:34:49] | or was it because you wanted to stay? | 还是因为你只是想留下来 |
[1:34:55] | Bec… because… | 因为… |
[1:34:58] | …because I love you. | …因为我爱你 |
[1:35:06] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[1:35:41] | It’s been five long years since Li Cunxin | 算起来已经过去5年了 自从李存信 |
[1:35:44] | made his dramatic leap to freedom in Houston, Texas | 从共产主义中国纵身一跃 |
[1:35:47] | from communist China. | 来到休斯顿 德克萨斯 |
[1:35:49] | He’s here in Washington | 他现在正在华盛顿 |
[1:35:51] | and he’ll be dancing at the Kennedy Center tonight, | 并且他今晚将在肯尼迪中心表演芭蕾舞 |
[1:35:53] | and we’re thrilled to have him with us on the show today. | 今天我们也非常高兴在节目中邀请到他 |
[1:35:56] | Welcome to Washington, Li. | 欢迎来到华盛顿 李 |
[1:35:58] | Thank you. It’s great to be here. | 谢谢 很高兴来到这儿 |
[1:36:00] | Li, you’ve toured with the Houston Ballet Company | 李 你一直随休斯顿芭蕾舞团 |
[1:36:02] | and danced all over the world, | 在世界各地巡演 |
[1:36:04] | but your freedom came at a price. | 但你为自由付出了代价 |
[1:36:08] | Yes, it did. | 是的 |
[1:36:09] | I haven’t been allowed to go back to China since. | 从那以后我都不能回到中国 |
[1:36:12] | But your entire family is there. | 但你的家人全部在那儿 |
[1:36:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:36:15] | Have you heard from them? | 有他们的消息么 |
[1:36:17] | Do you even know how they are? | 知不知道他们现在怎么样 |
[1:36:19] | No, I haven’t heard from them. | 没有 我没有他们的消息 |
[1:36:21] | How do you survive, not knowing? | 你如何能够忍受与家人失去联系 |
[1:36:24] | I carry a picture of them wherever I go. | 无论到哪里我都带着他们的相片 |
[1:36:30] | And when I dance, I dance for them. | 每当我跳舞的时候 我觉得我是为他们而跳的 |
[1:37:13] | I saw you dance together in New York. | 我在纽约看过你们合作的舞蹈 |
[1:37:16] | I’ve never seen such exquisite partnering. | 真是完美 |
[1:37:19] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢 |
[1:37:22] | You made it look so natural. | 你的表演是那么自然 |
[1:37:23] | That’s because he is. | 他也是如此 |
[1:37:25] | Well, it does help to have the right partner. | 嗯 选择合适的舞伴的确有很大帮助 |
[1:37:39] | Li, there’s someone here who wants to see you. | 李 有人想要见见你 |
[1:37:43] | Hello, Cunxin. | 存信 你好 |
[1:37:46] | I’m working at the embassy in Washington now. | 我在华盛顿的使馆工作 |
[1:37:49] | You have made us very proud tonight. | 你今晚的演出让我们感到十分自豪 |
[1:37:52] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[1:37:55] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[1:37:57] | Your mother and father are well. | 你的父母都很好 |
[1:37:59] | I took the liberty of checking. | 我去探望过他们 |
[1:38:02] | You don’t know how much that means to me. | 你不知道家人对我来说有多重要 |
[1:38:05] | If I have a dream, it’s to be able to go back one day. | 如果说我有梦想的话 那就是有一天能够回去 |
[1:38:09] | I know. | 我明白 |
[1:38:12] | Is there any chance? | 有可能吗 |
[1:38:14] | I’m afraid not enough time has passed, Cunxin. | 我想还需要时间 存信 |
[1:38:17] | But I will see what I can do. | 但我会尽力帮你 |
[1:38:21] | Thank you. I really appreciate that. | 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[1:38:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:38:42] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[1:38:43] | I’m sorry, there’s going to be a slight delay. | 非常抱歉 今晚的表演可能会稍有延迟 |
[1:38:46] | We have some VIPs coming in from out of town, | 我们有一些重要客人正在赶来的途中 |
[1:38:49] | and when they arrive, which won’t be long now, | 只要他们一到 我想应该用不了很久 |
[1:38:52] | I’m sure they’ll be forgiven. | 大家就会明白 |
[1:38:55] | So thank you very much | 所以非常感谢大家 |
[1:38:56] | for your patience and understanding. | 的耐心和理解 |
[1:39:02] | Uh, Li, we’re just holding the curtain for 15 minutes. | 李 演出推迟15分钟 |
[1:39:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:39:06] | There’s some VIPs arriving. | 有几个重要的人物正在过来的路上 |
[1:39:07] | OK. | 知道了 |
[1:39:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:39:25] | – Good luck. – Thank you. | -好运 -谢谢 |
[1:39:30] | Ladies and gentlemen, five minute call. | 女士们先生们 离演出开始还有5分钟 |
[1:40:06] | Just along here, if you’ll follow me. | 跟我来 这边走 |
[1:40:15] | I think that’s his family. | 我想是他的家人 |
[1:40:17] | Oh, isn’t that wonderful?! | 哦 那真是太好了! |
[1:40:29] | Ni hao. | 你好 |
[1:40:30] | I’m Ben Stevenson. | 我叫本·斯蒂文森 |
[1:40:32] | I’m so glad you’re here. | 非常高兴你们能来这里 |
[1:40:34] | Ni hao. | 你好 |
[1:40:35] | Please, come to your seats. | 请跟我来你们的座位 |
[1:40:48] | What’s that for? | 他们为什么鼓掌 |
[1:40:50] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:40:54] | Here you are. | 坐这里 |
[1:41:00] | Oh, xie xie! | 哦 谢谢! |
[1:44:53] | – Fantastic! – He was superb. | 太棒了! |
[1:48:02] | You’ve met my parents. | 你见过我父母 |
[1:48:06] | This is my oldest brother. | 这是我大哥 |
[1:48:12] | This is my fifth brother. | 这是我五哥 |
[1:48:37] | Cunxin! | 存信! |
[1:48:39] | Ni hao. | 你好 |