英文名称:Carnage
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:34] | January 11th at 2:30 p.m…. | 一月十一日下午两点半… |
[02:38] | You’ll do your statement separately. This one’s ours. | 你们再另外写一份事件陈诉 这份是我家的 |
[02:41] | …following a verbal dispute | 事情发生在布鲁克林大桥公园 |
[02:43] | in Brooklyn Bridge Park… | 双方先是发生了口角 |
[02:44] | …Zachary Cowan, age 11, and armed with a stick… | 然后十一岁的扎卡里·科万 持械… |
[02:49] | …struck our son, Ethan Longstreet, in the face. | 袭击了我们的儿子伊桑·朗斯特里特 击中面部 |
[02:54] | In addition to the swelling and bruising of Ethan’s upper lip… | 造成后者上唇肿胀擦伤 |
[02:58] | …this act also resulted in two broken incisors… | 两颗门牙断裂 |
[03:02] | …including nerve damage to the right incisor. | 右侧门牙神经受损 |
[03:06] | “Armed”? | 持械 |
[03:09] | Armed. What…? | 持械 怎么了 |
[03:10] | You don’t like “Armed”? | 你不喜欢”持械”这个词吗 |
[03:11] | Michael, what could we say? | 迈克尔 我们换个词吧 |
[03:13] | “Carrying”? “Holding”? | “拿着”或者”握着”怎么样 |
[03:14] | Carrying a stick? All right? | 拿着根棍子 怎么样 |
[03:16] | Carrying, yeah. | 拿着 行 |
[03:17] | – Carrying a stick. – Carrying. | -拿着一根棍子 -拿着 |
[03:21] | It’s ironic. | 挺讽刺的 |
[03:23] | I always thought Brooklyn | 我一直觉得布鲁克林大桥公园 |
[03:24] | Bridge Park was so safe compared to Hillside. | 比希尔赛安全多了 |
[03:26] | True. We always said, “Brooklyn Bridge Park, fine. | 是啊 我们常说”去布鲁克林大桥公园没问题 |
[03:29] | Hillside, no way.” | 别去希尔赛” |
[03:31] | – It just goes to show you. – Thank you. | -你看看吧 -谢谢 |
[03:34] | Hey, thank you so much for coming. | 非常感谢你们能来 |
[03:36] | It’s so much better than | 这样挺好 |
[03:38] | getting caught up in that adversarial mind-set. | 比不闻不问强多了 |
[03:42] | Well, we thank you. Really. | 我们也真心感谢你们 |
[03:44] | I don’t think there’s any reason for us to thank each other. | 我觉得我们也没必要谢来谢去 |
[03:47] | Luckily, some of us still have a sense of community. Right? | 幸运的是 至少我们中还有人还有点社区意识 |
[03:51] | Though the kids haven’t got that notion straight yet. | 然而这些孩子还没这个概念 |
[03:53] | – Right. – I mean our kid. | -是啊 -我是说我们儿子 |
[03:56] | Right, our kid. | 对 我们儿子 |
[04:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:04] | Those tulips are gorgeous. | 郁金香真漂亮 |
[04:06] | Oh, it’s the florist up by Henry. | 是在亨利那家花店买的 |
[04:08] | You know the one? All the way up. | 你知道那家店吗 一直往前走 |
[04:10] | Oh, right. | 啊 知道 |
[04:11] | Yeah. They fly the bulbs right in from Holland. | 他们直接从荷兰空运郁金香球根过来 |
[04:13] | – Twenty dollars for a whole bunch. – Is that a fact? | -一束二十美元 -是吗 |
[04:16] | Yeah. Do you know it? All the way up. | 是啊 你知道这家店吗 就在前面 |
[04:19] | Right. Right. | 知道 知道 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1519个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:280个,六级词汇:157个,GRE词汇:192个,托福词汇:229个,考研词汇:307个,专四词汇:257个,专八词汇:62个, 所有生词标注共:600个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:21] | Well…. So, what about the tooth with the damaged nerve? | 他那颗神经受损的牙怎么样了 |
[04:25] | Well, we don’t know yet. | 还不清楚 |
[04:27] | There’s some question about the prognosis. Apparently…. | 不是很乐观 似乎… |
[04:31] | Well, apparently the nerve is not completely exposed. | 牙神经尚未完全暴露 |
[04:34] | – Only part of it is exposed. – There’s a part that’s exposed… | -只暴露了部分 -有部分暴露了… |
[04:37] | …and then there’s a part that’s still protected. | 还有部分在里面 |
[04:39] | For now, they’re not gonna devitalize it. | 现在 医生还没准备杀神经 |
[04:41] | They wanna give the tooth a chance. | 他们想尽量保守治疗 |
[04:43] | Yeah. We’d so love to avoid a root canal. | 对 最好别做根管治疗 |
[04:45] | Oh, of course. | 当然 |
[04:46] | There’s an observation period | 现在是观察期 |
[04:48] | while they give the nerve a chance to heal. | 看看能不能保留牙神经 |
[04:50] | Meantime, he’s gonna need caps. | 这段时间 他需要用美齿冠 |
[04:51] | – You can’t have implants till you’re 18. – No, you can’t. | -未满十八岁不能植牙 -那是肯定的 |
[04:54] | Yeah, so…. They can only do implants once they’re done growing. | 所以 得等牙齿长成了才能植牙 |
[04:57] | Naturally. | 当然 |
[04:58] | Well, we hope it all turns out all right. | 我们希望他能尽快好起来 |
[05:02] | One can only hope. | 希望如此吧 |
[05:04] | Listen…. | 还有 |
[05:06] | He didn’t wanna tell on Zachary. | 他本来没打算告发扎卡里 |
[05:09] | No, he didn’t wanna tell. | 是啊 他不想那么做 |
[05:11] | It was incredible to see | 真难以置信 |
[05:13] | this child with no face left, no teeth. | 这孩子脸也破了 牙也掉了 |
[05:18] | – He just wouldn’t talk. – I can just imagine. | -还不想说怎么回事 -我能想象 |
[05:21] | He didn’t wanna tell on the kid. | 他不想告发别人 |
[05:23] | His friends would say he’s a snitch. | 因为他朋友会说他打小报告 |
[05:24] | Let’s face it, Penny, it wasn’t just a sense of honor. | 面对现实吧 潘妮 这不光是荣誉感的问题 |
[05:27] | Well, you could say that. | 你可以那样说 |
[05:28] | I mean, honor requires a social context. | 但我觉得荣誉感是需要社会背景支撑的 |
[05:30] | So how did you finally get Zachary’s name? | 那你最后怎么知道是扎卡里干的 |
[05:34] | Well, because we explained to Ethan… | 因为我们向伊桑这样解释… |
[05:36] | …that protecting this child was not gonna help him. | 一味袒护肇事者 并不能帮他 |
[05:39] | We told him if this kid thinks he can get away with hitting people, | 如果这孩子以为打了人还能置身事外 |
[05:41] | why should he stop? | 他不会就此罢休 |
[05:43] | We told him if we were this child’s parents, | 我们告诉他 如果我们是这孩子的家长 |
[05:45] | we would wanna know about this. | 我们会想知道这件事的 |
[05:46] | – Of course. – Yeah. Excuse me one second. | -当然 -是啊 不好意思我接个电话 |
[05:50] | – Yes, Walter. – Alan. | -沃尔特 -艾伦 |
[05:51] | Well, thanks for getting back to me. | 谢谢你回电 |
[05:53] | It’s in this morning’s Journal. I’ll read it to you. | 在今早的日报上 我给你念念 |
[05:57] | “According to a study published by British journal Lancet… | “根据英国《柳叶刀》报上报道… |
[06:00] | …two Australian researchers | 两个澳大利亚研究者 |
[06:02] | have identified neurological side effects… | 发现TW药业生产的抗高血压药物 |
[06:04] | …of TW Pharma’s anti-hypertension medication Antril… | 会导致听力减退和运动性共济失调等 |
[06:07] | …including impaired hearing and ataxia.” | 神经副作用” |
[06:10] | How come nobody told me about this? | 怎么没人告诉我这事 |
[06:12] | Who does your press monitoring over there? | 你那边谁负责媒体监控 |
[06:14] | – This is gonna mean trouble. – You’re in deep shit. | -这下麻烦了 -你麻烦大了 |
[06:17] | What do we do? Do we move on this right away? | 我们该怎么办 马上处理吗 |
[06:19] | No, no. My problem is the ASM. | 不 不行 我得先处理ASM的事 |
[06:21] | You got an annual stockholders’ meeting in two weeks. | 而你两周后也有年度股东大会 |
[06:24] | Did you schedule a contingency for litigation? | 你安排应急诉讼了吗 |
[06:26] | I’m not sure. I have to check. | 我不确定 得查一查 |
[06:29] | – Walter. Walter. – Yeah? | -沃尔特 沃尔特 -怎么了 |
[06:31] | Talk to PR. | 跟你的公关部谈谈 |
[06:32] | Find out if it was picked up anywhere else and call me back. | 看看这事影响大不大 再打我电话 |
[06:34] | – Right. – Okay. | -好的 -就这样 |
[06:37] | – Sorry. – So you’re, like, a…. | -抱歉 -这样来看你是… |
[06:39] | An attorney. | 我是律师 |
[06:41] | – And yourself? – Housewares supply. | -你呢 -我是卖家居用品的 |
[06:44] | Penny’s a writer. She works part-time in a bookstore. | 潘妮是个作家 她还在一家书店兼职 |
[06:47] | – Mostly art books and history books. – A writer? | -店里大部分是艺术和历史类书籍 -作家 |
[06:49] | Well, I cowrote a volume on Sabaean civilization… | 我跟人合写一个关于塞巴文明的专栏 |
[06:53] | …working with artifacts that were retrieved… | 研究厄立特里亚和埃塞俄比亚冲突后 |
[06:55] | …after the Ethiopia-Eritrea conflict. | 的文物拯救工作 |
[06:58] | But right now I’m working on a book about the Darfur tragedy. | 但目前我在写一本关于达尔富尔惨案的书 |
[07:01] | Do you specialize in Africa? | 你是研究非洲的专家吗 |
[07:03] | I’m interested in that part of the world, yes. | 对 我对那边的世界很感兴趣 |
[07:06] | And do you have any other children? | 你还有其他孩子吗 |
[07:08] | There’s Courtney. She’s 9. | 有个女儿叫考特尼 九岁 |
[07:10] | She’s very angry with her father right now… | 她现在正跟她爸生气呢 |
[07:12] | …because he got rid of the hamster last night. | 因为昨晚他把她的仓鼠扔了 |
[07:16] | – You got rid of the hamster? – Yeah. | -你把仓鼠扔了 -对 |
[07:19] | The thing was making such a racket at night. | 那玩意晚上白天睡觉 |
[07:21] | They sleep during the day. It was driving Ethan crazy, so… | 晚上吵闹得很厉害 都快把伊桑逼疯了 所以… |
[07:25] | You know, he couldn’t take the racket that thing was making. Yeah. | 他受不了那玩意的吵闹 |
[07:29] | I don’t mind telling you, I’ve been wanting to… | 告诉你们也没事 我早就想… |
[07:31] | …get rid of the thing for the longest time. | 把那个东西处理掉了 |
[07:33] | Finally I said, “That’s it!” | 昨天我就想 是时候了 |
[07:35] | Took it out, left it on the street. | 所以我就把它弄出去 扔在大街上 |
[07:37] | You left it on the street? | 你把它扔在大街上了 |
[07:38] | I figured it was a gutter-sewer kind of animal… | 我以为它本该就是个住下水道的畜生 |
[07:40] | …but the thing was scared out of its wits | 但是那玩意儿趴在人行道上 |
[07:41] | out there on the sidewalk. | 吓得魂都没了 |
[07:43] | The truth is, they’re not pets and they’re not wild. | 其实 仓鼠既不是宠物也不是野生动物 |
[07:45] | You drop them in the forest, still not happy. | 你把它们放归野外 它们也不会高兴 |
[07:48] | I don’t know where you’re supposed to put them. | 我也不知道到底该把它们安置在哪儿 |
[07:50] | So you just left him outside? | 所以你就把它扔在外面吗 |
[07:52] | Yeah, he did. | 对 他就这么干了 |
[07:53] | He tried to convince Courtney that the hamster ran away… | 他还骗考特尼说是仓鼠自己跑了 |
[07:56] | …which of course, she was not buying. | 当然了 她根本不信 |
[07:58] | And this morning the hamster was gone? | 今早仓鼠跑了吗 |
[08:00] | Gone. | 跑了 |
[08:02] | What about you? What do you do for a living? | 你呢 你是做什么工作的 |
[08:05] | Oh, I’m an investment broker. | 我是投资经纪人 |
[08:10] | Let me… I’m just gonna ask this directly. | 恕我冒昧 我就直接问了 |
[08:14] | Could Zachary apologize to Ethan? | 扎卡里能不能跟伊桑道歉 |
[08:17] | Sure. It would be good if they talked. | 当然 他俩谈谈有好处 |
[08:20] | No, he’s got to apologize, Alan. | 他必须得道歉 艾伦 |
[08:22] | He has to actually say he’s sorry. | 他必须诚心诚意地道歉 |
[08:24] | – Yeah, probably. – Well, is he sorry? | -可能吧 -他真那样想吗 |
[08:26] | He doesn’t realize how serious it was. | 他没意识到这事到底有多严重 |
[08:28] | He’s 11 years old. | 他才十一岁 |
[08:30] | Well, 11’s not a baby. | 十一岁也不是小孩了 |
[08:32] | Well, it’s not an adult either. | 也不是大人嘛 |
[08:34] | You know, we forgot to ask you guys, | 你看我们都忘问了 |
[08:35] | you want some coffee or tea? | 你们想喝点茶或咖啡吗 |
[08:37] | Is there any of that cobbler left, Penny? | 还有水果馅饼吗 潘妮 |
[08:38] | She makes a mean cobbler. | 她做水果馅饼很拿手 |
[08:41] | – You got espresso? – We do. | -你们有意式浓咖啡吗 -有 |
[08:42] | – I wouldn’t mind a cup. – Glass of water. | -那我来一杯 -我来杯水就好 |
[08:45] | Yeah. I’ll take an espresso, too, babe. | 我也要杯咖啡 宝贝 |
[08:47] | And bring the cobbler. Here, come on, come on. | 把水果馅饼拿来 快进来 进来 |
[08:54] | Please. Please, have a seat. Have a seat. | 请坐 请坐 |
[08:57] | I didn’t mean to rush you out. Here. Here. | 我可不是急着撵你们走 请坐 坐 |
[09:00] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[09:02] | – Yeah. – Thanks. | -没事 -谢谢 |
[09:10] | You gotta taste this cobbler. | 你们一定得尝尝水果馅饼 |
[09:13] | Where’s the cobbler? | 馅饼在哪 |
[09:21] | She put the cobbler in the fridge again. | 她又把馅饼放在冰箱里了 |
[09:23] | I don’t know what language | 我都不知道怎么说 |
[09:25] | I’m supposed to speak to that woman in. | 才能让她记得住 |
[09:28] | Nice couple. | 夫妇俩人不错 |
[09:30] | Very. | 很不错 |
[09:32] | They’re nice, right? | 他们人不错吧 |
[09:34] | Do you tell everybody I’m a writer? | 你怎么逢人就说我是个作家 |
[09:36] | You are a writer. You wrote a book. | 你就是作家啊 你还写了本书呢 |
[09:42] | Good cobbler is not easy to make. | 好吃的水果馅饼可不好做啊 |
[09:47] | What do you sell? | 你具体是卖什么的 |
[09:49] | Decorative hardware. Door locks, handles, copper fittings and… | 装饰五金件 门锁 把手 铜配件等等 |
[09:54] | That’s… Thank you. | 够了 谢谢 |
[09:55] | And kitchen equipment. Pots and pans. Yeah. | 厨房设备 锅碗瓢盆 这些 |
[09:59] | Is that a good living? | 生意好吗 |
[10:00] | You know, it’s not like we had any banner years or anything. | 要知道 也不是什么时候生意都好 |
[10:04] | It was tough starting out. | 刚开始挺难的 |
[10:05] | But, as long as I’m out there every morning with my sample case | 但是 只要我还有样品和产品目录 |
[10:08] | …and my catalog, it’s a living. | 每天认认真真做买卖 就不愁生计 |
[10:10] | Although the cast-iron | 不过铸铁烤盘 |
[10:11] | roasting pans do pick up around the holidays. | 一到过节就卖得很好 |
[10:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:16] | When you saw that a hamster was terrified… | 当你看见那只仓鼠吓坏了的时候 |
[10:18] | …why didn’t you bring it home? | 为什么不把它带回家 |
[10:20] | Because I don’t touch those things. | 因为我从不碰那些东西 |
[10:23] | You put it on the sidewalk. | 但是你把它放在人行道上的 |
[10:25] | It was in a cage, so I flipped it on its side. | 它原来在笼子里 我就把笼子门拉开了 |
[10:27] | There’s no way I’m touching those things. | 我绝不会碰那些东西 |
[10:29] | – Sugar? – No sugar. | -加糖吗 -不用 |
[10:32] | What kind of cobbler did you make? | 你做的是哪种水果馅饼 |
[10:34] | Apple and pear. | 苹果和梨子馅的 |
[10:35] | Apple and pear? | 苹果和梨子 |
[10:37] | Yeah. It’s, you know… It’s a little recipe of mine. | 对 这是我自己的小秘方 |
[10:40] | But it’s a shame it’s cold. | 真可惜是凉的 |
[10:43] | Apple and pear. That’s new to me. | 苹果和梨子 我还没听说过 |
[10:46] | Apple and pear is a classic. | 苹果和梨子是经典口味 |
[10:48] | Of course, there’s a twist to it. | 当然 我做这个有窍门 |
[10:49] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[10:51] | You have to cut the pears | 你得把梨 |
[10:52] | thicker than the apples because they cook faster. | 切得比苹果薄 因为苹果熟得快 |
[10:55] | Oh, right. | 对 对 |
[10:56] | She’s not telling you the real secret. | 她才没告诉你们真正的秘诀 |
[10:58] | Let them taste it. | 让他们尝尝 |
[10:59] | Very good. Very good. | 很好吃 很好吃 |
[11:02] | – Delicious. – Gingerbread crumbs. | -很美味 -秘诀是姜饼屑 |
[11:05] | Oh, my God. | 原来如此啊 |
[11:07] | Well, it’s really just a souped-up old-school recipe. | 这其实就是加强版的老配方 |
[11:10] | His mother gave me the idea. | 他妈告诉我的 |
[11:12] | Gingerbread. Fantastic. | 姜饼 太妙了 |
[11:16] | At least we get a new recipe out of this, right? | 来处理这事 还意外得到了馅饼配方 对吧 |
[11:19] | I wish my son didn’t have to lose two teeth in the process. | 我倒希望我们儿子没失去那两颗牙 |
[11:22] | Right. That’s what I meant. | 我也是这个意思 |
[11:24] | You have a novel way of expressing it. | 你的表达方式可够新鲜的 |
[11:26] | No, hey, I… Excuse me. | 不是 我 抱歉 |
[11:29] | Yeah, Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[11:33] | No. No, no. No letters to the editor. | 不 不行 不能给编辑发函 |
[11:38] | You’ll just fan the flames. | 你那是火上浇油 |
[11:42] | – Well, was it scheduled? – No. | -定下来了吗 -没有 |
[11:44] | We decided to let it go. | 我们决定不作出回应 |
[11:46] | What are these disorders anyway? | 那些不良反应具体是什么 |
[11:47] | What is ataxia? | 运动性共济失调到底是什么 |
[11:49] | It’s lack of balance and unsteady or jerky gait. | 就是动作不协调不稳定或痉挛 |
[11:53] | In normal doses? | 在正常剂量下吗 |
[11:55] | In normal doses, rarely. | 正常剂量下极少产生 |
[11:56] | How long have you known this? | 你知道多久了 |
[11:58] | Two years, two and a half years. | 两年 两年半 |
[12:00] | And in all that time, you haven’t recalled it? | 这么长时间你都没召回吗 |
[12:02] | You’re joking, right? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[12:03] | What are we talking about in revenues? | 那我们谈谈营业收入里的数据吧 |
[12:07] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[12:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:14] | Al. We’re all waiting for you. | Al 我们都在等你 |
[12:17] | Yeah, right. One second. | 好的 知道 马上就来 |
[12:21] | – Dennis? – Did you talk to him? | -丹尼斯 -你跟他谈了吗 |
[12:23] | They’ve known about the risks for two and a half years. | 他们知道这事已经两年半了 |
[12:26] | – Jesus! – Yeah. | -天啊 -对 |
[12:29] | An internal report. | 有份内部报告 |
[12:31] | But the undesirable side effects are not established. | 但这些副作用都未被证实 |
[12:35] | No precautionary measures. | 也没有预防措施 |
[12:37] | They didn’t schedule a reserve. Nothing in the annual report. | 他们没安排储备金 年报里也看不出什么 |
[12:40] | I can’t believe it. What are the symptoms? | 我真不敢相信 不良反应都有什么 |
[12:43] | Lack of balance, jerky gait. The works. | 动作不协调 痉挛 这些症状 |
[12:46] | Basically, you look like you’re drunk. | 基本上 看起来就跟喝醉了差不多 |
[12:52] | Roughly half a billion in revenues. | 这药去年收入约有五亿 |
[12:57] | – You there? – Yeah. What’d you advise him to do? | -在听吗 -在 你给他什么建议了 |
[13:00] | – Well, deny. – Of course. | -不承认 -当然 |
[13:03] | That dumb shit wanted us to write a letter to the editor. | 那个傻逼想让我们给编辑发函 |
[13:06] | No way we’re writing a letter. | 我们绝不会发 |
[13:08] | On the other hand, if we see this is getting picked up… | 另外 要是这个事闹大了 |
[13:11] | …we could do a press release… | 我们就可以发一篇新闻稿 |
[13:13] | …like “Somebody’s spreading false rumors two weeks…” | 类似”近两周以来ASM内部 |
[13:16] | “…from the ASM” Kind of thing. | 有人散播谣言”之类的 |
[13:17] | Want me to broach it with him? | 你想让我跟他提吗 |
[13:18] | No, he’s calling me back. | 不 他会回我电话 |
[13:20] | We’ll talk and then work on a press release. | 先跟他谈 再写份新闻稿吧 |
[13:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:27] | I’ve been so busy, I hardly had time for lunch. | 我太忙了 连吃午饭的时间都没有 |
[13:29] | Help yourself. Help yourself. Here. | 再来点 再来点 |
[13:34] | – Here. – Thanks. | -给 -谢谢 |
[13:35] | No, no. Go on. Go on. | 没事 多吃点 多吃点 |
[13:38] | I know I have no manners. | 我知道我很没礼貌 |
[13:41] | Where were we? | 我们刚刚说到哪了 |
[13:42] | We were saying it would have been so much nicer… | 我们刚刚在说 要是我们两家换种方式见面 |
[13:45] | …if we’d met some other way. | 那该多好 |
[13:47] | Right. This cobbler, right. | 对 对了 这个水果馅饼 |
[13:48] | – So your mother, huh? – His mother. | -你是跟你母亲学的是吗 -他母亲 |
[13:50] | It’s my mother’s recipe. Pen made it. | 是我妈妈的配方 佩做的 |
[13:52] | No, your mother doesn’t use apples and pears. | 也不是 你妈妈不用苹果和梨子 |
[13:55] | No. | 对 |
[13:56] | She’s about to have an operation. Poor thing. | 她要动手术了 可怜的人 |
[13:58] | – Oh, really? What for? – Her knee. | -真的吗 为什么 -她膝盖有问题 |
[14:00] | She’s gonna get a polyethylene and metallic prosthesis. | 她要植入聚乙烯和金属假体 |
[14:05] | And she’s all worried about | 她整天都在担心 |
[14:06] | what’s gonna be left of it after the cremation. | 植入了那些玩意儿火化了之后会剩下什么 |
[14:08] | Michael, don’t be mean. | 迈克尔 别这么说 |
[14:10] | She doesn’t wanna be buried next to my father. | 她不想跟我爸爸葬在一起 |
[14:13] | She wants to be cremated and put upstate… | 她想被火化后葬在北郊 |
[14:15] | …next to her mother who’s all alone. | 陪陪她那个独葬的妈妈 |
[14:17] | Couple of urns jabbering away on the shores of Lake Sebago. | 塞贝哥湖畔 孤寂的灵魂互相寒暄 |
[14:25] | We’re very touched by how generous you’re being. | 我们对你们的慷慨大度 深表感谢 |
[14:28] | We realize how you’re trying to smooth things out here… | 我们也知道你们想顺利解决这事 |
[14:31] | …instead of making them worse. | 而不是无理取闹 |
[14:33] | Please. It’s the least we can do. | 没关系 这是我们该做的 |
[14:35] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:37] | No, come on. I mean, | 不 真的 我说 |
[14:38] | so many parents just take their kid’s side… | 有些家长只是盲目的站在自己孩子一边 |
[14:42] | …acting like children themselves. | 表现得也极其幼稚 |
[14:44] | If Ethan had broken two of Zachary’s teeth… | 要是伊桑打坏了扎卡里两颗牙 |
[14:46] | …Alan and I might have had more of a knee-jerk reaction. | 艾伦和我可能会下意识地做出过激举动 |
[14:49] | I’m not sure we would see the big picture. | 我都不确定我能不能顾全大局 |
[14:51] | Sure you would. | 你一定会 |
[14:53] | She’s right. I’m not so sure. | 她说的没错 我也不确定 |
[14:54] | You would. | 你一定会 |
[14:55] | We all know this could have happened the other way around. | 我们都知道 这事也有可能会反过来发生 |
[14:59] | What does Zachary say about this? | 扎卡里是怎么说的 |
[15:01] | How is he experiencing it? | 他对此事有什么感觉 |
[15:04] | He doesn’t talk much. A little overwhelmed, I guess. | 他没多说 我想他有点不知所措 |
[15:07] | But he realizes that he disfigured his schoolmate? | 他意识到他让他的同学破相了吗 |
[15:10] | No. No, he doesn’t realize that he disfigured his schoolmate. | 不 没 他没意识到他让同学破相了 |
[15:14] | Why do you say that? | 你干嘛这么说 |
[15:16] | Of course Zachary realizes. | 扎卡里当然意识到了 |
[15:18] | He realizes that this violent behavior is unacceptable… | 他意识到了这种暴力行为是不对的 |
[15:21] | …not that he disfigured his schoolmate. | 而不是他让他同学破相了 |
[15:23] | You don’t like the word, | 你不喜欢”破相”这个词 |
[15:24] | but I’m afraid the word is appropriate. | 但是我觉得这个词用得没错 |
[15:26] | My son did not disfigure your son. | 我儿子没让你儿子破相 |
[15:28] | Your son disfigured our son. | 你儿子就是让我儿子破相了 |
[15:30] | Come back after school. Look at his mouth, look at his teeth. | 他放学回来 你看看他的嘴 他的牙 |
[15:32] | Momentarily disfigured. | 暂时破相了 |
[15:34] | His mouth will be fine when the swelling goes down. | 等肿消了他的嘴就没事了 |
[15:36] | As for the teeth, if you need, | 至于他的牙 你们需要的话 |
[15:37] | we’d be willing to chip in for the best dental care. | 我们会出钱为你儿子找最好的牙科医生 |
[15:40] | We’ve got insurance for that. | 我们有保险 |
[15:41] | Look, what we want is for the boys to patch it up… | 听着 我们希望的就是两个孩子和好 |
[15:43] | …make sure nothing like this happens again. | 确保这种事不会再发生 |
[15:46] | Let’s set up a meeting. | 那我们再安排一次见面吧 |
[15:47] | – Yeah, exactly. – Should we be there? | -对 很好 -需要我们在场吗 |
[15:49] | They don’t need coaching. | 他们不需要我们教导 |
[15:50] | Let them work it out like men. | 让他们像男人那样自己解决 |
[15:52] | Like men. Alan, don’t be ridiculous. | 像男人那样 艾伦 别说傻话 |
[15:54] | On the other hand, maybe we don’t need to be there. | 另一方面 也许我们不需要在场 |
[15:57] | Maybe it’s better if we weren’t there, right? | 也许我们不在会更好 |
[15:59] | The issue is not whether we’re there or whether we’re not there. | 问题不是我们应不应该在场 |
[16:02] | The issue is, do they wanna talk about this? | 问题是 他们愿不愿意面谈 |
[16:04] | Do they wanna work this out? | 他们自己想不想解决 |
[16:06] | – Ethan does. – Does Zachary? | -伊桑愿意的 -扎卡里呢 |
[16:08] | We won’t give him a choice. | 我们不会给他选择余地 |
[16:09] | It has to come from him. | 必须得他自己愿意 |
[16:11] | Zachary acts like a thug. | 扎卡里的行为像个暴徒 |
[16:12] | We’re not gonna wait around for him to see the light. | 我们不会等到他自己想明白 |
[16:15] | If Zachary sees Ethan in a punitive context | 如果扎卡里是为了避免受惩罚 |
[16:16] | because he’s forced to… | 而被迫和伊桑见面… |
[16:20] | …I just don’t see anything positive coming out of that. | 我觉得这样缺乏主动性 |
[16:23] | Mrs. Longstreet, our son is a maniac. | 朗斯特里特夫人 我们儿子就是个疯子 |
[16:25] | If you hope he’ll suddenly | 如果您指望他会突然地 |
[16:26] | and spontaneously get all apologetic… | 发至内心地诚心悔改… |
[16:28] | …you’re dreaming. | 那你是痴人做梦 |
[16:30] | Look, I’m sorry. I really do have to get back to the office. | 听着 抱歉 我真得回办公室了 |
[16:33] | Nancy, you’ll stay. You’ll let me know what was decided. | 南希 你待在这 让我知道最终决议 |
[16:36] | I’m no use to anyone anyway. | 我在这里也没用 |
[16:37] | Women always think you need the man, | 女人总觉得需要男人在旁 |
[16:39] | you need the father. | 需要父亲在旁 |
[16:40] | Like it would do any good. | 好像真有什么用一样 |
[16:42] | Look, I’m really sorry, | 听着 我真的很抱歉 |
[16:43] | but I can’t stay either. | 但是我也不能多留了 |
[16:45] | My husband has never been | 我丈夫从来都不是 |
[16:46] | much of an “I’ll push the stroller” -type daddy. | 那种能照看孩子的爸爸 |
[16:48] | Well, it’s too bad. It goes by so fast. | 太遗憾了 时间过的好快 |
[16:50] | Michael, you loved taking care of the kids. | 迈克尔 你喜欢照顾孩子吧 |
[16:53] | – He had a ball pushing that stroller. – Yeah, sure. | -他挺喜欢看孩子 -是 当然 |
[16:56] | So, what did we decide? | 所以 我们怎么决定 |
[16:59] | Could you come over to our place at about 7:30 with Ethan? | 你们能不能在七点半左右带着伊桑去我家 |
[17:02] | Seven-thirty all right? | 七点半行吗 |
[17:04] | Well, if you want my opinion…. | 这个 要我说的话 |
[17:06] | Yes, please. | 请说 |
[17:08] | I think Zachary should come over here. | 我认为扎卡里应该过来 |
[17:10] | – Yeah, I agree. – The victim shouldn’t make the trip. | -是 我同意 -受害者不应该登门 |
[17:13] | – Yeah, that’s right. – Okay. | -对 没错 -好的 |
[17:14] | Well, I can’t be anywhere at 7:30. | 反正我七点半哪儿都不能去 |
[17:16] | Who needs you? You’re useless, right? | 谁要你来 你什么用都没有 不是吗 |
[17:19] | Seriously, I think it’s important for his father to come. | 说真的 我觉得他爸爸在场很重要 |
[17:23] | Not tonight. Hello. | 今晚不行 你好 |
[17:25] | – Tomorrow? – Hello? I’m sorry. | -明天呢 -你好 抱歉 |
[17:28] | Can you hear me now? | 现在能听见了吗 |
[17:33] | There’s not a word in the annual report. | 年报上只字未提 |
[17:35] | But the risk wasn’t officially established. There’s no proof. | 但那时风险还未被官方确认 没证据 |
[17:39] | – Okay. – Yeah, have him call me back. | -好的 -行 让他给我打电话 |
[17:42] | Tomorrow? | 那就明天 |
[17:44] | Tomorrow I’m in Washington. | 明天我在华盛顿 |
[17:46] | – You have business in Washington? – The Pentagon. | -你在华盛顿有业务吗 -在五角大楼 |
[17:49] | Look, the main thing is to get the kids to talk. | 主要是让孩子们谈谈 |
[17:51] | So I’ll come over to your place at 7:30 with Zachary… | 那就七点半我带着扎卡里过来 |
[17:54] | …and we’ll just let them talk it through. | 让他们摊开来谈 |
[17:57] | What? You don’t seem convinced. | 怎么了 你看上去不太满意 |
[17:59] | If Zachary hasn’t acquired any accountability skills… | 如果扎卡里没有任何负罪感 |
[18:02] | …they’ll glare at each other, and it’ll be a disaster. | 他们就只会盯着对方 一点用都没有 |
[18:05] | Accountability skills? What are you talking about? | 负罪感 你说什么呢 |
[18:08] | I’m sure your son is not a maniac. | 我相信你儿子不是疯子 |
[18:10] | Zachary is not a maniac. | 扎卡里不是疯子 |
[18:13] | – Yes, he is. – Alan, don’t be an idiot. | -他就是 -艾伦 别瞎说 |
[18:15] | – Why are you saying that? – He’s a maniac. | -你为什么这么说 -他就是疯子 |
[18:18] | How does he explain what he did? | 那他怎么解释自己的行为 |
[18:19] | He won’t talk about it. | 他不肯说 |
[18:20] | He should. He should talk about it. | 他应该说说 他应该有所解释 |
[18:22] | That’s a lot of “Shoulds”, Mrs. Longstreet. | 怎么这么多”应该” 朗斯特里特夫人 |
[18:24] | He should come here. | 他应该过来 |
[18:25] | He should talk about it. He should feel sorry. | 他应该说出来 他应该感到抱歉 |
[18:27] | I’m sure you’re much more evolved than we are. | 你显然比我们有教养得多啊 |
[18:30] | We’re trying to get up to speed. | 我们也想快点进步 |
[18:31] | But in the meantime, try to indulge us. | 但现在 你也迁就迁就我们吧 |
[18:33] | Hey, hey, hey. Come on. | 等等等等 别这样 |
[18:35] | Come on. What happened here? | 别这样 这是怎么了 |
[18:37] | This isn’t what we’re all about. | 我们聚一起可不是为了吵架 |
[18:39] | I wasn’t talking about Zachary, but him. | 我针对的不是扎卡里 是他 |
[18:41] | – Got that. Right. – Alan. | -看出来了 -艾伦 |
[18:44] | You want some more coffee? Some real coffee? | 你们想再来点咖啡吗 真正的咖啡 |
[18:47] | Coffee. | 咖啡很好 |
[18:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:53] | Coffee. All right. | 咖啡 好吧 |
[18:55] | It’s okay, Pen. I’ll get it. | 好了 佩 我去弄咖啡 |
[19:35] | I see you’re an art enthusiast. | 看得出你是个艺术爱好者 |
[19:38] | Yes. | 对 |
[19:43] | Bacon. | 培根的作品 |
[19:44] | Yeah, it’s Bacon. | 对 培根 |
[20:04] | Cruelty and splendor. | 残酷而又壮丽 |
[20:06] | Chaos. Balance. | 混乱 平衡 |
[20:12] | Is Zachary interested in art? | 扎卡里对艺术感兴趣吗 |
[20:14] | Not as much as he should be. Your children are? | 不怎么感兴趣 你的孩子们呢 |
[20:17] | Well, we try to make up | 我们试图给他们补上 |
[20:18] | for what’s lacking in the school curriculum. | 这些学校不教的课程 |
[20:21] | Right. | 有道理 |
[20:22] | We try to take them to concerts and to galleries. | 我们一有空就带他们去音乐会或画廊 |
[20:25] | We really believe that | 我们坚信 |
[20:27] | culture can be such a powerful force for peace. | 文化能成为维护和平的强大力量 |
[20:30] | You’re so right. | 你说得太对了 |
[20:31] | Is cobbler a cake or a pie? | 水果馅饼算是蛋糕还是馅饼呢 |
[20:33] | Here’s an important question. | 这问题你们考虑过没有 |
[20:35] | I was in the kitchen. I was thinking, | 刚才我在厨房突然想到 |
[20:37] | “Why should pizza be a pie?” | 为什么披萨就算馅饼的一种呢 |
[20:39] | Oh, here, here. | 来吧 来吧 |
[20:40] | Don’t leave this miserable little piece. | 把剩下一块也吃了 |
[20:41] | Go ahead. Go ahead. Here. | 吃吧 给 |
[20:43] | Go on, you have that. | 拿去吧 |
[20:45] | Cobbler’s a cake. No crust on the bottom. | 水果馅饼是蛋糕类的 底部不脆 |
[20:47] | It can’t be a pie. | 所以不是馅饼类 |
[20:49] | – You’re a gourmet chef. – I like to cook. | -你是个美食家啊 -我喜欢烹饪 |
[20:52] | It’s something you have to do out of love or not at all. | 烹饪得用心 不然没美味 |
[20:56] | The way I see it, | 这是我的理解 |
[20:58] | if there’s no crust on the bottom, it’s not a pie. | 如果底部不脆 就不是馅饼 |
[21:00] | So how about you guys? You have other kids? | 你们呢 你们家还有其他小孩吗 |
[21:03] | I have another son by a former marriage. | 还有个儿子 和前妻生的 |
[21:08] | You know, I was wondering, and I know this is not important… | 我在想 虽然这并不重要… |
[21:12] | …but do you know what they were arguing about? | 但你们知道他们为什么吵架吗 |
[21:15] | Because Ethan won’t say a word. | 伊桑闭口不谈 |
[21:17] | Ethan wouldn’t let Zachary be a part of his gang. | 因为伊桑不想让扎卡里入他的帮派 |
[21:19] | Ethan has a gang? | 伊桑有个帮派吗 |
[21:21] | And he called him a snitch. | 而且他还说我儿子打小报告 |
[21:22] | Did you know that Ethan had a gang? | 你知道伊桑有帮派吗 |
[21:25] | No. But I’m thrilled to hear it. | 不知道 但是我听了很高兴 |
[21:28] | – Why are you thrilled? – Because I had one. | -有什么高兴的 -因为我以前也有一个 |
[21:30] | – I was the leader. – So was I. | -我是老大 -我也是 |
[21:32] | What does the leader of a gang do? | 帮派老大都干些什么事 |
[21:34] | You know. You got five or six guys who like you… | 就是有五六个人仰慕你 |
[21:37] | …are willing to sacrifice themselves for you. | 肯为你赴汤蹈火什么的 |
[21:40] | 《劫后英雄传》中的主角 英国中世纪骑士电影代表作之一 | |
[21:40] | – Like in Ivanhoe. – Exactly. Like in Ivanhoe. | -就像艾凡豪那样 -对 就像那样 |
[21:43] | Who even knows about Ivanhoe anymore? | 谁还记得他 |
[21:45] | It’s another role model, | 是个英雄人物 |
[21:46] | like Spider-Man or whoever. | 就像蜘蛛侠什么的一样 |
[21:48] | Apparently, you know more about this than we do. | 显然 你对整件事比我们更清楚 |
[21:50] | I guess Zachary wasn’t quite as silent as you first said. | 看来扎卡里没你说得那样寡言少语 |
[21:54] | So why did he call him a snitch? | 不然我儿子干嘛说他喜欢打小报告呢 |
[21:58] | Forget it. Silly question, right? | 不必回答 这问题太傻了 |
[22:01] | What’s the point? We don’t care. | 说这个没意义 我们无所谓 |
[22:02] | We’re not going to get into these children’s quarrels. | 小孩子们吵架我们大人不掺和 |
[22:05] | – It’s none of our business. – Right. | -不该管 -没错 |
[22:07] | What is our business is this unfortunate incident. | 可这次的事我们得管 |
[22:09] | And violence is our business. | 使用暴力是我们该管的 |
[22:11] | When I was the leader, | 我当老大那会儿 |
[22:12] | I beat up Jimmy Leach in a fair fight. | 我在一次单挑中痛打了吉米·里奇 |
[22:15] | And he was bigger than me. | 他块头还比我大呢 |
[22:17] | What does that have to do with anything, Michael? | 你说这话有什么意义吗 |
[22:20] | No, nothing. | 没什么意义 |
[22:22] | This isn’t a fair fight. These boys weren’t fighting. | 这次不是单挑 他们又不是在打架 |
[22:24] | Right. I was just remembering something. | 对的 我就是回忆往事罢了 |
[22:27] | It’s not very different. | 这性质也没很大区别 |
[22:29] | Excuse me. I’m sorry, there’s a difference. | 拜托 这是有区别的 |
[22:31] | – There is a difference. – What’s the difference? | -是有区别的 -有什么区别呢 |
[22:34] | Me and Jimmy Leach agreed to fight. | 吉米·里奇和我都同意单挑 |
[22:36] | – Did you mess him up? – A little. | -你把他揍惨吗 -有点 |
[22:38] | Enough about Jimmy Leach. | 别再谈吉米·里奇了 |
[22:41] | Look, do you mind if I talk to Zachary? | 你们介意我来和扎卡里谈谈吗 |
[22:44] | Of course not. | 当然不介意 |
[22:46] | I would never do it without your permission. | 只有你们允许我才会找他谈 |
[22:48] | No, talk to him. That’s completely fine with us. | 你和他谈吧 我们完全同意 |
[22:51] | And good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[22:52] | Stop it, Alan. | 艾伦 别这么说 |
[22:54] | Why do you say that? | 你干嘛这么说 |
[22:56] | – Mrs. Longstreet… – Penelope. | -朗斯特里特 夫人 -佩内洛普 |
[22:58] | I think we’ll do better on a first-name basis. Don’t you? | 我们还是直呼其名吧 你们说呢 |
[23:01] | Right. Penelope, you’re acting on the desire to educate… | 好的 佩内洛普 你有着强烈的说教欲… |
[23:05] | I don’t have to talk to him if you don’t want me to. | 你们如果不愿意 我不和他谈也行 |
[23:07] | Go. Lecture him, talk to him. Do whatever you want. | 去吧 给他讲讲大道理 随便你怎么讲 |
[23:10] | I don’t understand how you feel so uninvolved here. | 我不懂了 这事好像和你没关系一样 |
[23:13] | – Oh, Mrs. Longstreet… – Penelope. | -朗斯特里特夫人 -佩内洛普 |
[23:16] | Penelope, I’m very involved here. | 佩内洛普 我和这事关系可深了 |
[23:19] | – My son injured another child. – Deliberately. | -我儿子弄伤了其他孩子 -故意地 |
[23:21] | See, that’s the kind of thing that irks me. | 我就烦这种说辞 |
[23:24] | We know deliberately. | 我们知道他是故意的 |
[23:25] | – That makes the difference. – Between what and what? | -这就是区别 -和什么的区别 |
[23:28] | We’re talking about one thing here. | 我们在讨论的只有一件事 |
[23:29] | Our kid picked up a stick, hit your kid. | 那就是我们的孩子捡起一根树枝 打了你们的孩子 |
[23:31] | – That’s why we’re here. – Fruitless. | -为此我们才会到这里来 -白费工夫 |
[23:33] | Right. She’s right, guys. This kind of talk is fruitless. | 没错 她说得对 这样的谈话毫无成效 |
[23:36] | So why do you feel you need to slip in the word “Deliberately”? | 那么你为什么要多加一句”故意地” |
[23:39] | What lesson are you teaching me? | 你想表达什么意思呢 |
[23:41] | All right, this is getting silly. | 得了 这谈话越来越离谱了 |
[23:44] | My husband is all stressed out over work stuff. | 我先生因为工作的事情 压力很大 |
[23:46] | I’ll come back tonight with Zachary, | 我今晚和扎卡里一起过来 |
[23:48] | and we’ll let them work it out. | 我们一起解决这件事 |
[23:50] | – I’m not stressed out in the least. – Well, I am. | -我毫无压力 -我有压力 |
[23:53] | – There’s no reason to be stressed out. – Yes. There is. | -没必要有压力 -我有压力 |
[23:56] | Yeah? | 你说 |
[24:01] | Well, no comment. No comment. | 就说无可奉告 无可奉告 |
[24:06] | No comment. | 无可奉告 |
[24:07] | Well, what if I say that we were awaiting confirmation? | 要是我说我们还在等待进一步证实呢 |
[24:10] | What? If you recall it, you’re admitting liability. | 什么 如果你召回了 就是承认有过错 |
[24:13] | Yeah, but that embolism thing is weighing on me. | 我知道 但是我担心这药会导致血管阻塞 |
[24:16] | Recalling Antril would be admitting your liability. | 你召回这药等于承认你们有过错 |
[24:21] | At Christmastime, in the school play, | 圣诞节的校园剧里 |
[24:22] | what did Zachary play? | 扎卡里演什么角色 |
[24:25] | Zachary played…. Ebenezer Scrooge. | 他演的是… 埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇 |
[24:27] | Ebenezer Scrooge. That’s right. | 没错 是埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇 |
[24:32] | Michael, do you remember when he played Scrooge? | 迈克尔 你记得他演的斯克鲁奇吗 |
[24:35] | Sure. Yeah, sure. | 是的 当然 |
[24:37] | Yeah, he was wonderful. | 他演得很好 |
[24:39] | He had that nightcap on. He was funny. | 他戴着睡帽 样子可滑稽了 |
[24:41] | Talk about the victims after the stockholders’ meeting. | 我们等开完股东大会再讨论受害者权益吧 |
[24:44] | What did Ethan play? | 伊桑演的什么 |
[24:45] | He played one of the kids. | 他演其中的一个孩子 |
[24:47] | One of the Cratchits. | 克拉特基特家的一个孩子 |
[24:48] | The Cratchit kids. That’s right. | 对 克拉特基特家的孩子 |
[24:50] | We can’t recall the drug | 我们不能因为有几个人走路晃悠 |
[24:52] | because three guys can’t walk a straight line. | 就把药召回了 |
[24:55] | Right. | 是的 |
[24:56] | So for the time being, don’t make a move. | 现在暂且不要轻举妄动 |
[24:58] | All right, all right. I won’t say anything. | 好的 好的 我什么都不会说的 |
[25:00] | All right. Okay, call you right back. | 好的 我再给你打过去 |
[25:10] | Hello, Alan? | 你好 是艾伦吗 |
[25:11] | They’re in panic mode. | 他们慌了神了 |
[25:12] | They got the media breathing down their necks. | 媒体紧盯着他们不放 |
[25:14] | All right. | 好的 |
[25:16] | I want a press release that doesn’t sound defensive at all. | 我要发篇新闻稿 一点不用辩解 |
[25:20] | Just the opposite. Go for the jugular. | 恰恰相反 要主动出击 |
[25:22] | Something like: “TW Pharma is a target.” | 就这么写 “TW药业公司受到攻击” |
[25:26] | Attempt at manipulation of the stock price… | 在距离股东大会还有两周之时 |
[25:28] | …two weeks before the stockholders’ meeting. | 有人企图操控股价 |
[25:31] | And where does this study come from anyway? | 这份报告究竟出于何处 |
[25:33] | “How does this suddenly drop out of | 怎么就平白无故地 |
[25:35] | a clear blue sky?” Et cetera, et cetera. | 从天而降这么一份东西 就从这些角度去写 |
[25:37] | Not one word about the health issue. | 只字别提健康问题 |
[25:39] | Just one question: Who’s behind the study? Who? | 只有一个主题 谁在幕后策划了这份报告 是谁 |
[25:43] | – Got it. – Fine. | -明白了 -好 |
[25:47] | Pharmaceutical companies. The worst, right? | 制药公司 太黑暗了 是不是 |
[25:49] | Profit, profit, profit. | 一味想着赚钱 |
[25:52] | Nobody said you should listen to my conversation. | 没人允许你听我打电话 |
[25:55] | Nobody said you should have it under my nose. | 没人允许你在这里打电话 |
[25:58] | Wrong. I’m totally forced to have it here. | 错 我在这儿打电话完全是出于无奈 |
[26:01] | Against my will, believe me. | 被逼的 我也没办法 |
[26:03] | Yeah. They just peddle the shit, right? No one’s responsible. | 是的 那些公司就管兜售 毫不负责 |
[26:07] | In any therapeutic advance, | 所有先进治疗手段的 |
[26:08] | there are benefits and there are risks. | 效果与风险都是并存的 |
[26:10] | Yeah, sure, I know. Still… | 我知道 但是… |
[26:13] | …you got some funny line of work. | 你这工作太有趣了 |
[26:16] | What does that mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[26:17] | Michael, it’s none of our business. | 迈克尔 他工作和我们无关 |
[26:19] | Just funny line of work. | 你的工作很有趣 |
[26:21] | What about you? What do you do? | 那你呢 你是干什么的 |
[26:23] | I got a normal job. | 我的工作很普通 |
[26:24] | What’s a normal job? | 怎么个普通法呢 |
[26:26] | I told you, I sell pots and pans. | 告诉你吧 我是卖锅子的 |
[26:28] | And door handles. | 还有门把手 |
[26:30] | And flush mechanisms and a lot of other stuff. | 还有些洁卫设备等等 |
[26:32] | “Flush mechanisms.” I like that. That’s interesting. | 洁卫设备 那玩意儿很有趣 我喜欢 |
[26:35] | Alan. | 艾伦 |
[26:37] | I find that interesting. Flush toilets are interesting. | 我觉得很有趣 抽水马桶很好玩 |
[26:40] | Why not? | 当然有趣 |
[26:41] | How many different kinds do you have? | 你卖哪几个品种 |
[26:44] | There’s two basic kinds. | 有两个基本大类 |
[26:45] | You got your push button and your handle-operated. | 有按钮式的和把手式的 |
[26:47] | Yeah, right. | 不错 |
[26:49] | – Depends where your water line is. – I see. | -那要看你的进水管是怎么排的 -我懂了 |
[26:51] | Either comes from the side or from the bottom. | 一种是侧向进水 一种是从底部进水 |
[26:53] | – Right. – One of my managers is an expert. | -好的 -我有个经理是这方面的专家 |
[26:55] | I could introduce you if you want. | 如果你需要 我可以介绍给你 |
[26:57] | You’ll have to hump it out to Jamaica, Queens, though. | 不过得麻烦你去皇后区的杰梅卡 |
[26:59] | You seem like you know your business pretty well. | 看来你对业务非常熟悉啊 |
[27:02] | Are you planning on sanctioning Zachary in any way? | 你们打算惩罚扎卡里吗 |
[27:05] | You two can have your plumbing discussion some other time. | 水管的话题你们以后再聊吧 |
[27:08] | – I don’t feel well. – What’s the matter? Are you all right? | -我不舒服了 -怎么了 没事吧 |
[27:11] | You do look pale, honey. | 亲爱的 你脸色很差啊 |
[27:13] | You’re all white, yeah. | 脸色苍白 |
[27:19] | – I’m nauseous. – Some Reglan. | -我感觉恶心 -吃些胃复安吧 |
[27:22] | We got some Reglan, right? | 我们家有胃复安吧 |
[27:23] | No. No, no. I’ll be fine. | 不 不用 我会没事的 |
[27:25] | A Coke. What you need is a Coke. | 来点可乐吧 喝点可乐就好了 |
[27:43] | It’s not cold. | 不是冰的 |
[27:46] | It’s not cold. | 不冰的 |
[27:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:50] | – Are you sure? – Little sips. | -有用吗 -慢点喝 |
[27:52] | The Coke wasn’t in the fridge. | 可乐没放冰箱 |
[27:54] | All right. Have him call me back. Tell him right away. | 好的 让他给我打电话 马上就办 |
[27:57] | – Okay, Mr. Cowan. – Okay. | -好的 科万先生 -好的 |
[28:00] | Is Coke good for that? It’s more for diarrhea, isn’t it? | 可乐有用吗 应该是对腹泻更有效吧 |
[28:02] | No, not only. | 还有其他作用 |
[28:04] | Better? | 好点了吗 |
[28:10] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[28:12] | Mrs. Longstreet. | 朗斯特里特夫人 |
[28:16] | If we decide to reprimand our child, | 如果要教训我们的孩子 |
[28:19] | we’ll do it in our own way and on our own terms. | 就要按我们的方法 用我们的言语 |
[28:23] | – Absolutely. – What, absolutely? | -当然 -什么当然 |
[28:25] | It’s their kid, they’re free to do as they see fit. | 他们的孩子 怎么训是他们的自由 |
[28:27] | – I don’t agree. – You don’t agree about what? | -我不同意 -你有什么不同意的 |
[28:29] | – They’re not free. – Is that right? | -不能全由他们做主 -是吗 |
[28:32] | Go on. Sorry. | 继续说 对不起 |
[28:34] | Yeah? | 说 |
[28:36] | – Great. – We’re writing the statement now. | -很好 -我们正在写声明 |
[28:38] | Yeah, but don’t forget. | 好的 记住一点 |
[28:40] | Nothing’s been proven here. Nothing’s certain. | 这事还没证据 也没定论 |
[28:43] | Don’t fuck this up. If we don’t get this right… | 别搞砸了 如果搞不定 |
[28:45] | …Walter will be out on his ass in two weeks, and so will we. | 要不了两周沃尔特就会被扫地出门 我们也是 |
[28:48] | Enough, Alan! Enough with the cell phone already! | 够了 艾伦 你电话打够了没有 |
[28:51] | The here and now, goddamn it. | 他妈的快点给我挂了 |
[28:54] | – Call me back and read it to me. – I’ll call you back. | -写好之后念给我听 -我再打给你 |
[28:57] | What’s wrong with you, screaming at me like that? | 你怎么回事 对我大喊大叫的 |
[28:59] | – Dennis heard every word. – Good. | -丹尼斯都听着呢 -很好 |
[29:01] | I am sick of that fucking cell phone, every minute of every day. | 我受够了你整天打电话 没完没了 |
[29:04] | Listen, Nancy. | 听着 南希 |
[29:05] | You should be thanking me for agreeing to come here. | 我肯来这里你应该感谢我 |
[29:07] | – Really? – Oh, God. | -是吗 -天啊 |
[29:09] | – I’m gonna throw up. – No, you’re not. | -我要吐了 -你不会吐的 |
[29:11] | – I am. – You wanna use the bathroom? | -我要吐了 -要去洗手间吗 |
[29:13] | Nobody’s forcing you to stay. | 没人逼你留下 |
[29:15] | She’s right. Nobody’s forcing you to stay. | 她说得对 没人逼你留下来 |
[29:17] | I feel dizzy. | 我感觉头晕 |
[29:19] | Stare at a point in space. Stare at a point in space, Doodle. | 盯着远处看 盯着远处看 嘟嘟 |
[29:22] | Hey, you can see part of the El from here. Cool. | 在这儿还能看到高架铁道呢 太棒了 |
[29:24] | Get away from me. Leave me alone. | 你离我远点 别管我 |
[29:26] | Shouldn’t she go to the bathroom? | 她不用去卫生间吗 |
[29:27] | Go to the bathroom if you have to throw up. | 你要吐的话就去卫生间 |
[29:30] | Give her some Reglan. | 给她吃点胃复安 |
[29:31] | It can’t be the cobbler? | 不会是因为吃了水果馅饼吧 |
[29:33] | No. I made it yesterday. | 不会的 那个是我昨天刚做的 |
[29:34] | – Don’t touch me! – Take it easy, Doodle. | -别碰我 -放松点 嘟嘟 |
[29:36] | Yeah, come on. Don’t get all bent out of shape over nothing. | 对 没事别发这么大火 |
[29:40] | My husband feels that anything to do with the house… | 我丈夫认为所有和房子 |
[29:42] | …the school, the backyard, is my domain. | 学校 后院有关的事情都应该由我管 |
[29:45] | – I do not. – You do so. | -我没这么想过 -你就是这样的 |
[29:47] | And I can understand why. | 我能理解你这么做的原因 |
[29:49] | It’s all so excruciatingly boring. | 因为这一切极其的无聊 |
[29:51] | It’s excruciating. | 太痛苦了 |
[29:53] | If it’s so excruciating, | 既然这么痛苦 |
[29:54] | why have children in the first place? | 想当初干嘛要孩子呢 |
[29:56] | Maybe Zachary’s picking up on that lack of interest. | 也许扎卡里也沾染了那种漠视感 |
[29:59] | – What lack of interest? – You just said yourself. | -什么漠视感 -前面你自己说的 |
[30:04] | Go get a bucket. Go get a bucket! | 快去拿桶 快去拿桶 |
[30:16] | Stupid bitch. | 傻逼 |
[30:17] | You should have gone to the bathroom. | 你应该去卫生间的 |
[30:19] | This is ridiculous. | 这样子太荒唐了 |
[30:21] | – Your suit took a hit. – What? | -你裤子上也沾到了 -什么 |
[30:23] | Couldn’t be the cobbler, that I know. | 肯定不是水果馅饼的缘故 我保证 |
[30:24] | It’s not the cobbler. This is just nerves. | 不是水果馅饼 是太紧张了 |
[30:27] | Do you wanna clean up in the bathroom or…? | 你要去卫生间清洗下吗 |
[30:32] | My Kokoschka. | 我的《柯克西卡》画册[奥地利著名画家] |
[30:35] | Here. | 给 |
[30:38] | Give her some Reglan. | 给她吃点胃复安 |
[30:40] | She can’t keep anything down. | 吃了也没用 |
[30:42] | Where’s the bathroom? | 卫生间在哪里 |
[30:45] | I’ll show you. | 我带你去 |
[30:53] | This is nerves. Just nerves. | 肯定是太紧张了 |
[31:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:09] | It’s like I always say, | 正如我所说 |
[31:11] | you can’t get over something while you’re under it. | 自己的病只有自己知道难熬 |
[31:14] | With me, it’s the back of my neck. | 比如我吧 我颈椎不好 |
[31:15] | I get all blocked up back there. | 血脉不通畅 |
[31:17] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:18] | What do we do with the Kokoschka? | 我们怎么处理《柯克西卡》呢 |
[31:21] | We can clean it. Maybe Lysol. | 先清理下 再加点来苏尔[一种消毒皂液] |
[31:24] | The problem is gonna be drying it. | 问题是怎么弄干它 |
[31:26] | Maybe plain water and put some cologne on there. | 或者用清水冲 再喷点古龙水 |
[31:28] | Cologne? | 古龙水 |
[31:29] | I got some of that Kronos stuff I never use. | 我有瓶”克罗诺思” 从来不用的 |
[31:32] | The paper will warp. | 纸张会翘起来的 |
[31:34] | Then we’ll blow-dry it and put | 那我们吹干它 |
[31:35] | some books on top of it after to flatten it out. | 放几本书在上面把它压平 |
[31:38] | Or maybe iron it, like dollar bills. | 或者用熨斗烫 就像处理湿纸币那样 |
[31:41] | God. | 天啊 |
[31:42] | – I’ll buy you another one. – There is no other one. | -我再给你买本 -买不到了 |
[31:45] | – It’s been out of print for years. – I’m so sorry. | -都绝版好多年了 -我很抱歉 |
[31:48] | We can save it. Pen, let me do this. | 这书还有救 佩 交给我吧 |
[31:50] | It’s a reprint from the catalog of the 1957 show in London. | 这是1957年伦敦画展目录的重印版 |
[31:53] | Get the blow-dryer and the cologne in the bathroom cabinet. | 你去拿电吹风 再从卫生间柜子里拿古龙水来 |
[31:56] | – Her husband’s in the bathroom. – He’s not on the can. | -她丈夫在里面 -他又不在马桶上 |
[32:00] | Look, I got most of it off. | 看 快擦干净了 |
[32:01] | There’s just a little left on the Dolgans. | 只有《多尔干人》上还剩一点了 |
[32:13] | Excuse me. | 我要进来了 |
[32:39] | Are you feeling better? | 你感觉好点吗 |
[32:40] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:42] | What, should I spray or…? | 我是应该喷呢 还是… |
[32:43] | Where’s the blow-dryer? | 电吹风呢 |
[32:45] | He’s drying his pants. | 她丈夫在吹裤子 |
[32:47] | We’ll wait. We should put the Kronos on there last. | 我们等等吧 最后再喷古龙水 |
[32:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:51] | Can I use the bathroom too? | 我也想去一下卫生间 行吗 |
[32:53] | Yes. Of course. Of course. | 当然 当然 |
[33:01] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[33:04] | I am so sorry. | 真是太抱歉了 |
[33:15] | Bring the blow-dryer when you’re done. | 电吹风用好后拿出来 |
[33:17] | So sorry. | 太抱歉了 |
[33:19] | God. | 天啊 |
[33:21] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[33:24] | Un-fucking-believable. | 真他妈的难以置信 |
[33:27] | Her cobbler’s horrible. | 她做的水果馅饼太难吃了 |
[33:31] | You stuffed your face. | 我看你吃得很欢啊 |
[33:34] | Look at my day. I gotta get some food in me sometime. | 你看看我这日程 总得让我吃点东西吧 |
[33:50] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[33:52] | Freaking nightmare. | 真是个噩梦啊 |
[33:55] | He better watch it. He’s got me right on the edge. | 那男的最好小心点 他快惹毛我了 |
[33:58] | – She’s horrible. – Less. | -那女的太差劲了 -她稍微好点 |
[34:00] | She’s so fake. | 她太虚伪了 |
[34:03] | She doesn’t bother me as much. | 我对她倒不是很反感 |
[34:05] | They’re both horrible. | 他们都很差劲 |
[34:06] | Why do you take their side all the time? | 你为什么老帮他们说话 |
[34:08] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[34:09] | I don’t take their side. | 我没帮他们说话 |
[34:10] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你是什么意思啊 |
[34:11] | What the hell are we doing here? | 我们来这儿是图个啥啊 |
[34:15] | I hope you’re kidding. | 开什么玩笑 |
[34:16] | Why do you argue with her? | 你为什么老是和她争论 |
[34:19] | We’d have been out of here a long time ago… | 要不是你和她斗嘴 |
[34:21] | …if you didn’t bicker over every word. | 我们早离开这里了 |
[34:23] | Would you rather I was a sheep like her husband? | 你要我像她丈夫那样软弱吗 |
[34:27] | Do you think it was the cobbler? | 你说我是水果馅饼吃坏了吗 |
[34:29] | Of course it was. | 肯定是的 |
[34:33] | A little warm Coke and bang. | 再加上点可乐 就爆发了 |
[34:37] | Oh, fuck. | 妈的 |
[34:39] | You’re always mitigating. | 你总是说好话 |
[34:40] | You’re trying to reconcile everything. | 试图调和所有矛盾 |
[34:42] | – I am not. – You are. | -我没有 -你就是的 |
[34:44] | You had a gang and you were the leader. | 你有过一个帮派 你还做过老大 |
[34:46] | They can do whatever they want with their son. | 他们怎么处理孩子是他们的自由 |
[34:49] | Well, their son is a threat to homeland security. | 他们家的孩子就是个败类 |
[34:51] | Kid like that, when he’s a menace to society… | 那种孩子 如果他危及社会 |
[34:53] | …it’s everybody’s business. | 大家都有权管 |
[34:55] | And I can’t believe that she barfed all over my books. | 真不敢相信 她竟然吐在我的书上面 |
[34:58] | When you know that you’re gonna toss your cookies | 当你觉得想吐的时候 |
[35:01] | you take some precautions. | 就该有所准备 |
[35:04] | The Foujita. | 藤田的画册[日本画家] |
[35:06] | Now it’s disgusting. | 太恶心了 |
[35:08] | I was right on the edge with that toilet-flushing shit. | 谈到抽水马桶的时候我就快怒了 |
[35:11] | You were incredible. | 你真太不可思议了 |
[35:13] | – I held my own, right? – Incredible. | -我表现得不错吧 -太帅了 |
[35:15] | Jamaica, Queens. Now that was genius. | 说什么皇后区的杰梅卡 你也太有才了吧 |
[35:17] | Little piece of shit. What does he call her again? | 那个王八蛋 他叫她什么来着 |
[35:20] | – Doodle. – Yeah, right. Doodle. | -嘟嘟 -对的 嘟嘟 |
[35:23] | – Doodle. – Yeah, I call her Doodle. | -嘟嘟 -对 我就这样叫她 |
[35:29] | I’m sorry. We didn’t mean anything. | 抱歉 我们没恶意 |
[35:31] | You know, it’s so easy to make fun of other people’s pet names. | 人们总喜欢拿别人的昵称开玩笑 |
[35:36] | Michael, what do we call each other? | 迈克尔 我们之间是怎么称呼的 |
[35:38] | I’m sure it’s worse, right? | 肯定还要傻 是吗 |
[35:40] | You wanted the blow-dryer. | 你要的电吹风 |
[35:41] | – Thank you. – Thanks. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[35:43] | We call each other “Darjeeling,” Like the tea. | 我们彼此称呼”大吉岭” 就是那个茶的名字 |
[35:48] | It’s a lot more embarrassing if you ask me. | 我都不好意思说出来 |
[35:52] | How is she feeling? Is she feeling better? | 她感觉如何 好点没 |
[35:54] | Yeah, better. | 好点了 |
[35:55] | Yeah. I reacted badly. | 之前我反应欠妥 |
[35:58] | – I’m ashamed. I really am. – Here. | -真不好意思 -拿过来 |
[36:02] | You know, I made a big deal about the catalog, | 我很看重这几册书 |
[36:06] | and I…. | 我… |
[36:08] | I don’t even know why. | 我自己也不知道是为什么 |
[36:09] | You get so absurdly attached to these things… | 你对有些东西异常着迷 |
[36:12] | – and you don’t even know why. – Pull it taut though. | -自己也说不清为什么 -拉紧了 |
[36:14] | – But hold onto the other side. – I got it. | -你那边按住啊 -按住了 |
[36:17] | You gotta pull it because there’s wrinkles on that. | 你要拉直了 书上面起皱了 |
[36:19] | – The corners are wet. – I’ll get the corners. | -页角还是湿的 -待会儿处理 |
[36:22] | – It’s gonna tear. – He’s right. It’s gonna tear. | -快撕坏了 -他说得对 快撕坏了 |
[36:25] | – Okay. Well, here… – It’s dry enough. | -好了 这边 -已经够干了 |
[36:27] | Okay. Put cologne on those, and I’ll finish this one. | 好了 喷点古龙水 我再来弄这本 |
[36:33] | – So where does “Doodle” Come from? – Sorry. | -“嘟嘟”这名字是怎么来的 -对不起 |
[36:36] | Yankee Doodle or Cheez Doodle or…? | 源自扬基歌还是芝士条还是… |
[36:38] | It’s from a song from Guys and Dolls that goes: | 是音乐剧《红男绿女》中唱到的 |
[36:42] | Oh, yeah, yeah. I know that one. | 对啊 对啊 这歌我知道 |
[36:50] | Ours is from our honeymoon in India. | 我们的昵称源自在印度度蜜月那会儿 |
[36:54] | We called each other “Darjeeling” Instead of “Darling.” | 我们称对方为”大吉岭”而不是”达令”[亲爱的] |
[36:57] | It’s so stupid. | 够傻的吧 |
[36:59] | Maybe I should check on her. | 我还是去看看她吧 |
[37:01] | Yeah. Yeah, you do that, Darjeeling. | 去吧 大吉岭 |
[37:04] | Oh, Nancy. Hey. | 南希 你好 |
[37:06] | Well, I was worried about you. Are you feeling better? | 我正担心你呢 好点没 |
[37:09] | Yeah. Better. I think so. | 好点了 |
[37:12] | If you’re not sure, stay away from the coffee table. | 如果还想吐 就离咖啡桌远点 |
[37:18] | I left a towel in the bathtub. I didn’t know where to put it. | 有块毛巾我不知道放哪里 就放浴缸里了 |
[37:22] | Perfect. | 好的 |
[37:25] | You cleaned up. | 你们打扫干净了啊 |
[37:27] | I am so sorry. | 我真抱歉 |
[37:29] | Everything’s fine. All is well. | 没事 没事 |
[37:30] | I’m sorry. I wasn’t there for you. | 我也有错 那时候我对你不够关心 |
[37:33] | I was so focused on the Kokoschka. | 注意力都在《柯克西卡》画册上 |
[37:35] | – That’s all right. – No. I… | -没关系的 -我… |
[37:37] | – I behaved poorly. – Please. | -我的行为过分了 -别这么说 |
[37:48] | In the bathroom, I was thinking. | 在卫生间的时候 我想过了 |
[37:53] | Yes? | 怎么 |
[37:54] | Yeah, maybe we glossed over the…. | 或许我们忽视了… |
[37:58] | The…. | 那个… |
[38:00] | Well, I mean…. | 我想说的是… |
[38:02] | What? What is it? | 你想说什么 |
[38:05] | Well, name-calling is a kind of abuse. | 骂人也是一种伤害 |
[38:09] | – Sure. – It depends. | -当然 -要看情况 |
[38:11] | Right. It depends. | 是的 要看情况 |
[38:13] | Zachary has never been a violent child. | 扎卡里不是个暴力的孩子 |
[38:15] | He must have had his reasons. | 他打人肯定是有原因的 |
[38:17] | Like getting called a snitch. | 比如说有人说他打小报告 |
[38:19] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[38:23] | Yeah, Walter. | 沃尔特 你说 |
[38:24] | Alan, CNN has invited me for a panel discussion. | 艾伦 CNN请我去参加个讨论会 |
[38:28] | Well, as long as there are no victims on the panel. | 只要没受害者参加就行 |
[38:32] | No victims. | 不能有受害者 |
[38:33] | I don’t want you sitting down with victims. | 我不想你和他们坐在一起 |
[38:35] | Deny, deny, deny. | 坚决否认 |
[38:37] | If we have to, we’ll sue the Journal. | 不得已的话 我们就状告那家报社 |
[38:40] | Well, we’ll e-mail you the draft of the press release. | 我会把新闻稿的初稿电邮给你 |
[38:43] | Walter, I’m sorry. I gotta go. | 对不起沃尔特 我得挂了 |
[38:46] | Call me a snitch, it gets a rise out of me. | 谁要是骂我打小报告 我肯定会发毛的 |
[38:49] | – Unless it’s true. – What? | -除非他说的是真话 -什么 |
[38:51] | You know, if the shoe fits. | 如果他真打小报告了呢 |
[38:53] | You think my son is a snitch? | 你觉得我儿子会打小报告吗 |
[38:55] | Come on. I’m joking around. | 我开玩笑来着 |
[38:56] | So is yours anyway. | 你们儿子不也是吗 |
[38:58] | What do you mean, so is ours? | 你这话什么意思 |
[38:59] | He snitched on Zachary. | 他告发了扎卡里 |
[39:01] | We coaxed it out of him. | 那是我们威逼利诱出来的 |
[39:02] | We’re getting completely off point. | 这话题扯远了 |
[39:04] | Maybe you coaxed, but he did snitch on him. | 也许是威逼利诱 但他最终还是说出来了 |
[39:06] | – Nancy. – “Nancy” What? | -南希 -叫我干嘛 |
[39:08] | – You think my son is a snitch? – I don’t think anything. | -你认为我儿子会打小报告吗 -我啥也没想 |
[39:11] | Well, if you don’t think anything, don’t say anything. | 要是你啥也没想 就啥也别说 |
[39:14] | – Don’t make insinuations. – Nancy… | -少在这里冷嘲热讽 -南希 |
[39:16] | …there’s no reason to lose our cool here. | 我们没必要激动 |
[39:19] | Michael and I have gone out | 迈克尔跟我一直在千方百计地 |
[39:20] | of our way to be fair-minded and conciliating. | 试图用客观与友好的态度来解决问题 |
[39:22] | Not so fair-minded. | 怕是你没那么客观 |
[39:24] | – Really? – Superficially fair-minded. | -是吗 -只是装作客观样罢了 |
[39:27] | Doodle, I have to go. | 嘟嘟 我得走了 |
[39:29] | So go. Coward. | 想走就走吧 懦夫 |
[39:33] | Nancy, right now | 南希 此刻 |
[39:34] | I’m in danger of losing my most important client. | 我就快要失去最重要的客户了 |
[39:36] | This “Caring parent” Crap | 之前温文尔雅的屁话 |
[39:37] | and the bickering that goes along with it… | 还有随之而来的争吵… |
[39:40] | Yeah, well, my son lost two teeth. Two incisors. | 别忘了我儿子可是掉了两颗牙 两颗门牙 |
[39:42] | – We got that, right. – One of them permanently. | -我们知道 -有一颗再也补不了了 |
[39:45] | He’ll get new teeth. Better ones. | 他会换新牙的 比之前还好 |
[39:47] | No one chewed his ear off. | 又不是把他耳朵咬下来了 |
[39:48] | It was a mistake not to consider the source of the problem. | 不去考虑问题的缘由是错误的 |
[39:52] | There is no source. | 根本就没有缘由 |
[39:53] | There’s an 11-year-old kid who hits people with a stick! | 这十一岁的小子拿棍子打了人 |
[39:56] | – Armed with a stick. – We took that word out. | -还是”持械” -那个词我们换了 |
[39:58] | Took it out because we asked you to. | 那是因为我们要求你换掉 |
[40:00] | We took it out without argument. | 我们也没说什么 |
[40:02] | A word which deliberately establishes it’s intent… | 这个词不但不会引发任何歧义 |
[40:04] | …without any hint of a misunderstanding… | 同时明确地表明这是故意的行为… |
[40:06] | …which excludes childhood. | 还排除了当事人未成年这一点 |
[40:08] | I don’t think I can stand this tone anymore. | 我再也受不了这种语气了 |
[40:10] | We’re not quite on the same page, | 我们的思路根本不一样 |
[40:12] | you and I, right from the start. | 从开始就是这样 |
[40:14] | Mr. Cowan… | 科万先生 |
[40:16] | …it is incredibly frustrating to be continually upbraided… | 对我们已经承认过的错误你还要反复指责 |
[40:19] | …for something that we, ourselves, admitted was a mistake. | 这实在令人难以接受 |
[40:22] | The word “Armed” wasn’t right. We took it out. | “持械”这个词用的不对 我们就换了 |
[40:25] | Though, strictly speaking, it certainly applies. | 尽管严格上说 这个词十分恰当 |
[40:28] | Zachary was verbally abused and he reacted. | 扎卡里是受到言语上的伤害才反击的 |
[40:30] | Now, if I’m attacked, I defend myself… | 要是我被攻击了 我当然会正当防卫… |
[40:32] | …especially when I’m all alone against a whole gang. | 尤其在我孤身一人面对整个帮派之时 |
[40:35] | Well, you certainly perked up since you tossed your cookies. | 吐干净后 就活跃了嘛 |
[40:38] | Do you realize how crude that is? | 你知道这有多无礼吗 |
[40:40] | Look, we’re all decent people, all four of us. | 我们四个都是体面人 |
[40:43] | I don’t know how we got carried away, losing our tempers. | 我不知道我们是怎么失去理智 怒火冲天的 |
[40:46] | – This is totally unnecessary. – Stop it, Michael. Stop mitigating. | -这完全没必要 -别说了迈克尔 别当和事佬了 |
[40:49] | We’re only superficially fair-minded. | 我们只是假装客观 |
[40:50] | Why should we be fair-minded at all? | 我们还有什么必要客观呢 |
[40:52] | No. No, I’m not gonna be led down that path. | 不 不 我可不想被牵着鼻子走 |
[40:54] | What path? | 什么意思 |
[40:56] | The path these two little shits led us down, alright? | 那俩小王八蛋就希望我们这样 对吧 |
[40:58] | – Pen doesn’t see things that way. – “Penelope”. | -佩可不这么想 -是”佩内洛普” |
[41:00] | – Sorry. – So Ethan’s a shit now. | -抱歉 -这么说伊桑现在是小王八蛋了 |
[41:03] | That really takes the cake. | 这下真是越搅越混了 |
[41:05] | Look, that’s it. I really have to leave now. | 够了 我真的得走了 |
[41:08] | Yeah. So do I. | 是啊 我也是 |
[41:10] | Go. Go. I give up. | 走 走吧 我放弃了 |
[41:16] | – Hello. – It’s me, Mikey. | -喂 -是我 米奇 |
[41:19] | – Oh, hi, Ma. – Is this a bad time? | -你好啊 妈 -现在不方便吗 |
[41:21] | No. No, we got some friends over, but go ahead. | 没事 我这边来朋友了 你继续 |
[41:24] | The surgeon told me to stop | 医生叫我在手术前 |
[41:25] | taking my medication before the operation. | 停止服药 |
[41:27] | Yes. Yes, you just do whatever the doctors tell you to do. | 对 你要听医生的话 |
[41:31] | Yes. | 没错 |
[41:32] | The surgeon told me to stop all of them… | 医生叫我把药都停了 |
[41:34] | …but Dr. Perlstein said I could keep taking the Antril. | 但是波斯坦因医生说我还可以继续服用安特里 |
[41:39] | – The what? – The Antril. | -什么 -安特里 |
[41:40] | Should I stop taking the Antril too? | 我是不是也该把安特里也停了 |
[41:43] | Antril? You’re taking Antril? | 安特里 你在吃安特里吗 |
[41:47] | Wait, hold on a second, Ma. Antril? | 等一下 妈 安特里 |
[41:50] | That crap of yours is Antril? | 你搞的那玩意就是安特里吗 |
[41:52] | – My mother’s taking it. – Thousands of people take it. | -我妈正在吃呢 -成千上万的人都在吃 |
[41:55] | Mom. You gotta stop taking that one right away. | 妈 你得马上把那药给停了 |
[41:58] | – You hear me? Right now. – Why? | -听见了吗 马上停 -为什么 |
[42:00] | Just do what I tell you. All right? I’m gonna explain later. | 照做就是了 好吗 我晚点再解释 |
[42:04] | No. Dr. Perlstein said I could keep taking the Antril. | 不 波斯坦因医生说我可以继续服用 |
[42:07] | Mom, you tell Dr. Perlstein that I said you can’t take it. | 妈 你跟波斯坦因医生说是我要你停的 |
[42:11] | I won’t touch it, Michael. | 那药我不吃了 迈克尔 |
[42:14] | Good. | 很好 |
[42:16] | – Why red? – So they can see me. | -为什么要红的 -这样他们就看得见我了 |
[42:18] | – So who can see you? – The cars. They all drive like crazy. | -谁看得见你了 -司机 车开得跟疯子一样 |
[42:21] | Mom, that’s ridiculous. Okay. Mom. Mom. | 妈 这太扯了 听我说 |
[42:26] | Mom. I have to call you back. I told you we have company. | 妈 我晚点再打给你 我这还有客人 |
[42:29] | – Okay. I love you. – I hope so. | -爱你 -希望如此 |
[42:31] | – Bye-bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[42:35] | She got red crutches in case she gets hit by a truck… | 她换了副红色拐杖以防被卡车撞了 |
[42:38] | …because she wanders out in the street at night. | 因为她晚上常在街上游荡 |
[42:41] | They’re giving her Antril for her blood pressure. | 医生让她服用安特里好控制血压 |
[42:43] | If she’s taking it and she looks normal, | 如果她吃了这药无异常反应的话 |
[42:45] | I’ll take her deposition. | 我可以将她当作临床证人 |
[42:47] | Didn’t I have a scarf? | 我是不是带来条围巾 |
[42:48] | You know, I don’t like that attitude of yours. | 我不喜欢你的态度 |
[42:51] | If my mother shows even the slightest symptom… | 要是我妈出现哪怕一丁点的不适 |
[42:53] | …my name will be on the top of a class-action suit. | 我的名字将会出现在集体诉讼名单上的首位 |
[42:56] | – We’ll have one anyway. – Well, I should hope so. | -迟早的事 -我正巴不得呢 |
[42:58] | Doing the right thing is just futile. Honesty’s just stupidity. | 坚持正义只是徒劳 诚实就是愚蠢 |
[43:02] | It just weakens you. You let your guard down. | 它只会削弱你 让你放松警惕 |
[43:04] | Let’s go, Nancy. That’s enough sermons and lectures for one day. | 咱们走 南希 今天受够训教了 |
[43:07] | Yeah, go ahead. But let me tell you this: | 走吧 再送你们一句忠告 |
[43:10] | Now that I know you two, I’m not surprised | 如今见到你们两个 我对他的行为 |
[43:13] | what’s-his-name… Zachary may have some behavioral issues. | 叫什么来着… 扎卡里的行为一点不感到意外 |
[43:18] | – When you killed that hamster… – Killed? | -你残杀那只仓鼠时 -什么 |
[43:20] | – Killed. – I killed the hamster? | -就是残杀 -那算残杀吗 |
[43:22] | Yes. You do everything you can to make us feel guilty. | 没错 你绞尽脑汁想让我们感到内疚 |
[43:25] | You stake out the moral high ground as your own… | 将自己表现得如此高尚… |
[43:27] | …but you, yourself, are a murderer. | 但你 你自己 却是个凶手 |
[43:30] | I definitely did not kill that hamster. | 我绝对没有杀死那只仓鼠 |
[43:32] | – Worse. – Worse! | -更可恶 -更可恶 |
[43:33] | You left it out there, | 你就把它给扔在那儿 |
[43:35] | trembling with fear in a hostile environment. | 在一个危机四伏的地方胆战心惊 |
[43:37] | That poor critter was probably eaten by a dog or a rat. | 那可怜的小家伙说不定就给狗或猫生吞了 |
[43:41] | – She’s right. – What do you mean, “She’s right”? | -她说得对 -你什么意思 “她说得对” |
[43:43] | I mean, come on. Michael. | 你也是的 迈克尔 |
[43:45] | It’s horrible what must have happened to that poor animal. | 那只可怜的动物下场肯定很糟 |
[43:47] | I thought the hamster would be happy to be free. | 我觉得那只仓鼠很高兴能自由 |
[43:49] | I thought he’d go running around in the gutter, happy as a clam. | 它肯定在下水道里跑来跑去 逍遥快活呢 |
[43:52] | – Well, he didn’t. – And you just left him there. | -只可惜并非如此 -而你就这么把它给扔那儿了 |
[43:54] | Because I can’t touch those things, okay? | 因为我摸不得那些东西 |
[43:56] | I can’t touch anything of that family. Penny, you know that. | 那类动物我都不能碰 潘妮 你知道的 |
[43:59] | – He’s afraid of rodents. – Yes. I have a fear of rodents. | -他害怕啮齿类动物 -是的 我怕啮齿类动物 |
[44:03] | And I have a fear of reptiles. | 我还怕爬行动物 |
[44:05] | Anything down close to the ground. That’s it. All right? | 怕任何地上的东西 就这样 行了吧 |
[44:07] | What about you? How come you didn’t go downstairs and get it? | 那你呢 你怎么不下楼去把它拿上来 |
[44:11] | Because I didn’t know. | 因为我不知道 |
[44:13] | Michael said this morning that the hamster ran away. | 今天早上迈克尔说仓鼠跑了 |
[44:15] | So I went right out the front door, I went right down the block. | 我马上出门 在街上四处看 |
[44:17] | I went all the way around. | 到处找 |
[44:18] | I mean, I went to the basement! | 甚至连地下室都翻遍了 |
[44:20] | Penelope, it is completely unfair that all of a sudden… | 佩内洛普 就因为仓鼠这事 |
[44:23] | …I’m in the hot seat about | 不仅让我突然一下成了众矢之的 |
[44:25] | this hamster thing that you just had to tell them about. | 你还非得告诉他们 这是极不公平的 |
[44:27] | That is a family issue that doesn’t concern anybody but us. | 明明就是家庭内部纠纷 干嘛告诉外人 |
[44:30] | It’s got nothing to do with this situation here. | 这跟整件事没有任何关系 |
[44:32] | And I can’t believe I’m being called a murderer in my own house. | 真不敢相信我竟然在自己家里被人称为凶手 |
[44:35] | What does your house have to do with pressed tea in China? | 你的家跟中国茶有什么关系 |
[44:38] | It’s my house. I opened the door. | 这是我家 是我开的门 |
[44:40] | The door is wide open in a spirit of reconciliation… | 这扇门是本着和解的意图 |
[44:43] | …to a couple people who should be a little more grateful. | 为那些本该心存感激的人敞开的 |
[44:46] | Keep right on stroking your own ego. It’s beautiful. | 继续抚慰你的自尊吧 这太棒了 |
[44:48] | – So you have no remorse? – No. I have no remorse. | -这么说你一点不懊悔吗 -对 一点不懊悔 |
[44:52] | That animal was disgusting, and I’m glad it’s gone. | 那东西恶心透顶 我很高兴把它甩了 |
[44:55] | – Michael, that’s ridiculous. – What’s ridiculous? | -迈克尔 这太荒谬了 -有什么荒谬的 |
[44:57] | What, have you lost your mind now too? | 怎么 连你也疯了吗 |
[44:59] | Their son beats the shit out of Ethan, | 他们的儿子把伊桑痛打了一顿 |
[45:01] | and you’re in my face over a hamster? | 你却为了一只仓鼠跟我较上了劲 |
[45:03] | What you did to that hamster was wrong. You can’t deny that. | 你那样对仓鼠是不对的 不能否认这一点 |
[45:05] | I don’t give a shit about the hamster! | 那只仓鼠关我屁事 |
[45:07] | You’re gonna when your daughter gets home! | 等你女儿回来看你怎么办 |
[45:09] | Bring her on. I’m not gonna be told | 让她来 我才不会让一个九岁的小屁孩 |
[45:11] | how to act by some 9-year-old snot-nosed brat. | 对我指手划脚 |
[45:13] | I agree with him there 100 percent. | 就这事我百分百赞同他 |
[45:16] | And see? It’s pathetic. | 看到没 真是可悲 |
[45:19] | Watch it, Penelope. Watch it! | 说话注意点 佩内洛普 注意点 |
[45:21] | I’ve kept my shirt on till now, | 到现在我一直都保持着耐心 |
[45:23] | but you are pushing me over the line. | 但你话说得太过火了 |
[45:24] | – And Ethan? – What about Ethan? | -那伊桑呢 -伊桑怎么了 |
[45:26] | Well, is he sad too? | 他伤心吗 |
[45:28] | Ethan’s got other things on his plate if you ask me. | 伊桑有他自己要操心的事 |
[45:31] | Ethan wasn’t attached to Nibbles. | 伊桑并不喜欢尼宝 |
[45:33] | Nibbles! | 尼宝 |
[45:34] | What the hell kind of pussy-ass name is that anyway? | 这到底算什么娘娘腔名字 |
[45:37] | So if you feel no remorse, why should our son? | 要是你毫无悔意 为什么我们的儿子要有呢 |
[45:41] | You know what? All this consultation and consideration shit… | 我跟你说 所有这些协商考虑的屁事 |
[45:45] | …I’m sick to death of it. | 老子算是受够了 |
[45:46] | We were nice to you. We bought tulips. | 我们对你们那么好 还买了郁金香 |
[45:48] | My wife dressed me up as a liberal, | 我老婆还把我打扮成心胸宽广的样子 |
[45:50] | but the fact of the matter is… | 但实际上 |
[45:51] | …I got no patience for this touchy-feely bullshit. | 老子根本没耐心管这唧唧歪歪的破事 |
[45:54] | I am a short-tempered son of a bitch, okay? | 我就是个坏脾气的狗娘养的 |
[45:58] | We all are. | 我们都是 |
[45:59] | No, I’m sorry. We are not. | 不 抱歉 我们不是 |
[46:01] | We are not all short-tempered sons of bitches. | 你要骂自己也算了 别把其他人也拖下水 |
[46:04] | – Not you, of course. – No, not me. Thank God. | -当然 你不是 -对 我不是 谢天谢地 |
[46:06] | No, not you, Darjeeling. Not you. | 你当然不是 大吉岭 当然不是 |
[46:09] | You’re so evolved. You never go off half-cocked. | 你那么有涵养 从不鲁莽行事 |
[46:11] | Why are you being so aggressive? | 你干嘛这么咄咄逼人 |
[46:13] | I’m not, I’m being honest. | 哪里咄咄逼人了 我只是实话实说 |
[46:14] | No, you are. You’re being aggressive. | 不 你就是 你就是在咄咄逼人 |
[46:16] | You know what? You put this little bash together, | 你好意思说 是你一手操办这次小聚 |
[46:18] | and I let you recruit me… | 我才答应你过来撑场面 |
[46:20] | – You let me recruit you? – Yes. | -你答应我过来撑场面 -对 |
[46:23] | – That is so disgusting. – No, it’s not. | -你这话太恶心了 -有什么恶心的 |
[46:25] | You’re an advocate for civilized behavior. That’s fine with me. | 你是精神文明建设的标兵 我没意见 |
[46:28] | I’m an advocate for civilized behavior, you bet I am. | 我当然是 那是显而易见的 |
[46:31] | At least somebody around here is. | 最起码这里还有人懂文明 |
[46:33] | You think it’s better to be a tempered son of a bitch? | 你觉得当个暴脾气的狗娘养的很光荣吗 |
[46:36] | Nobody said that. Nobody criticized you for that. | 没人这么说过 没人为了这批评过你 |
[46:38] | – You did. – We did not. | -你说过 -我们没说过 |
[46:40] | What was I supposed to do? Was I supposed to sue you? | 你要我怎么做 难道要我起诉你吗 |
[46:43] | Was I supposed to never speak to you? | 难道要我再也不跟你说话吗 |
[46:45] | Was I supposed to tear you apart through the insurance company? | 还是要让我叫保险公司把你大卸八块呢 |
[46:47] | – Stop it, Penny. – Stop what? | -别说了 潘妮 -别说什么 |
[46:48] | You’re blowing this out of proportion! | 你说得过分了 |
[46:50] | Well, I don’t care. | 我才不管 |
[46:53] | You do everything you can to escape the pettiness… | 我本想尽量大度地处理问题 |
[46:55] | …and you just end up humiliated and completely alone. | 结果不但受尽羞辱还落得孤身一人 |
[47:00] | Yes. Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[47:02] | It’s out everywhere. | 这事越来越棘手了 |
[47:04] | – Well, let them prove it. – Yeah, right. | -让他们先证明了再说 -那是当然 |
[47:06] | – Let them prove it. – Without some kind of response…. | -让他们先拿出证据 -要是没有回应的话 |
[47:09] | No way. | 不行 |
[47:11] | From where I sit, the best thing for us to do is nothing. | 要我说 我们最好是以不变应万变 |
[47:14] | We’re born alone and we die alone, that’s it. | 我们都是赤条条来赤条条去 没别的 |
[47:16] | Who wants a little Scotch? | 谁想来点苏格兰威士忌 |
[47:19] | Walter, I’m in a meeting right now. | 沃尔特 我现在正在开会 |
[47:22] | – I’ll call you when I get back. – Damn it. | -回去后再打给你 -该死 |
[47:24] | I’m living with this totally negative person. | 我居然跟这个消极透顶的人生活在一起 |
[47:27] | – Who’s negative? – Me. | -谁消极了 -我 |
[47:30] | This was the worst possible idea. | 这主意简直糟透了 |
[47:31] | We should’ve never had this meeting. | 我们本不该办这次聚会的 |
[47:33] | – I told you so. – You told me so? | -早跟你说了 -你还早跟我说了 |
[47:36] | You told me we should’ve never had this meeting? | 你说过不该办这次聚会吗 |
[47:38] | – I didn’t think it was a very good idea. – It was a good idea. | -我从没觉得这是个好主意 -原本是好的 |
[47:41] | Oh, come on. Who wants a little? | 得了吧 谁想来点 |
[47:43] | You told me you didn’t think this was a good idea? | 你跟我说过 办聚会这事不是个好主意吗 |
[47:45] | – As I recall. – As you recall. | -我记得是那样 -你记性真好 |
[47:47] | – Maybe just a little sip. – Don’t you have to go? | -来一点就行 -你不是要走吗 |
[47:51] | At this point of the game, I might as well have a little drink. | 事闹到这个地步 我不如小酌一杯 |
[47:54] | You look me in the eye and | 你看着我的眼睛 |
[47:55] | you tell me that we didn’t both agree on this. | 告诉我 这事不是我们一起决定的 |
[47:58] | Oh, God. Calm down, Penelope. This is going nowhere. | 上帝 冷静点 佩内洛普 这样于事无补 |
[48:01] | And who said not to touch the cobbler this morning? | 还有今天早上是谁说的 别动剩下的水果馅饼的 |
[48:04] | Who said we should leave some for the Cowans? Who said that? | 是谁说要给科万夫妇留一点的 谁说的 |
[48:07] | That was very nice of you. | 非常感谢你 |
[48:08] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这跟整件事有什么关系 |
[48:10] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[48:12] | – Guests are guests. – You’re lying. You’re lying. | -来的就是客 -你撒谎 你撒谎 |
[48:16] | He’s lying. | 他撒谎 |
[48:17] | You know, my wife actually had to drag me here today. | 跟你说 我老婆今天是硬把我拽过来的 |
[48:21] | When you grow up with a certain John Wayne idea of manhood… | 如果你从小脑子里都是约翰·韦恩式的男子气概 |
[48:24] | …the impulse in this kind of situation is not to talk it through. | 在这种情况下 你的第一反应就应该是别多说了 |
[48:28] | I thought the role model was Ivanhoe. | 我还以为你的偶像是艾凡豪 |
[48:30] | Same basic concept. | 基本理念是一样的 |
[48:32] | Another aspect. | 不同的表现形式而已 |
[48:34] | Another aspect. Really? | 不同的表现形式 是吗 |
[48:36] | How much are you gonna humiliate yourself, Michael? | 你还想怎么羞辱自己 迈克尔 |
[48:38] | I can see I dragged him here for nothing. | 拉他过来完全没用 我算是知道了 |
[48:41] | What did you expect, Doodle? | 你以为还能怎么样 嘟嘟 |
[48:43] | That is a ridiculous nickname. | 这昵称还真是可笑 |
[48:45] | Some revelation about universal values? | 还想谈点普世价值观吗 |
[48:48] | This Scotch is unbelievable. | 这威士忌真是绝了 |
[48:49] | Right? You see that? Eighteen years old, single malt… | 你也懂行啊 十八年陈酿 纯麦芽 |
[48:53] | …from a little place in Scotland still grows their own barley. | 是苏格兰一家自种大麦的小厂出产的 |
[48:56] | What about the tulips? Who got them? | 那郁金香呢 是谁买的 |
[48:59] | All I said was, | 我只说了句 |
[49:00] | “It’s too bad we didn’t get any of those tulips this week.” | “这星期还没买郁金香真是太糟了” |
[49:02] | I didn’t say anything about going to Henry Street at dawn. | 我可没让你凌晨就跑到亨利街去买花 |
[49:05] | Don’t get all bent out of shape over this, Penelope. | 别为这些琐事烦心了 佩内洛普 |
[49:07] | It’s not worth it. | 不值得 |
[49:08] | He got the tulips. Him and only him. | 是他买的郁金香 是他亲手买的 |
[49:13] | What, we don’t get a drink? | 怎么 不给我们倒酒吗 |
[49:17] | Penelope and I would like a drink too. | 佩内洛普和我都想来一杯 |
[49:32] | It’s pretty funny when you think about it. | 想想就好笑 |
[49:35] | A devotee of Ivanhoe and John Wayne… | 一个对艾凡豪和约翰·韦恩无限崇拜的人 |
[49:37] | …but he’s scared to pick up an itty-bitty mouse. | 竟然不敢抓一只小小的老鼠 |
[49:40] | Stop it with the hamster. | 别提仓鼠那事了 |
[49:42] | – Stop. – She’s right. | -别说了 -她说得对 |
[49:43] | It’s laughable. | 是很可笑 |
[49:44] | – And hers? – I don’t think that’ll be necessary. | -她的酒呢 -我觉得没那个必要了 |
[49:47] | – Pour me a drink, Michael. – No. | -给我倒杯酒 迈克尔 -不行 |
[49:49] | – Michael. – No. | -迈克尔 -不行 |
[49:51] | What is wrong with you, Michael? | 你来什么劲 迈克尔 |
[49:57] | Fine. Fine. | 行 行 |
[49:58] | Drink. Drink. What does it matter? | 喝 喝吧 有什么关系 |
[50:01] | – Is drinking bad for you or something? – No, it’s great for me. | -你是不是不能喝酒啊 -没事 我得来一杯 |
[50:10] | Now I don’t know. | 现在我不明白了 |
[50:16] | Mr. Cowan? | 科万先生 |
[50:18] | Alan. | 叫他艾伦 |
[50:19] | Alan. You see, you and I didn’t exactly hit it off… | 艾伦 你跟我一点都合不来 |
[50:25] | …but I live with a man who has decided, once and for all… | 但是我天天面对着一个 坚信着… |
[50:29] | …that life is synonymous with mediocrity. | 生活就是平庸的男人生活在一起 |
[50:32] | You know, it’s very hard to live with a man… | 和这家伙生活在一起真是太难熬了… |
[50:34] | …who’s walled himself inside that idea… | 他固步自封 |
[50:37] | …who doesn’t wanna change anything, | 他一成不变 |
[50:39] | who doesn’t get excited about anything. | 他毫无激情 |
[50:41] | What are you telling him this for? He could care less. | 你干嘛要跟他说这些 关他什么事呢 |
[50:44] | We have to believe. | 可我们得有信念 |
[50:46] | We have to believe in some possible correction. | 我们得相信 他会向善的 |
[50:49] | He’s the last guy on earth you should be telling this to. | 再怎么说 他也是你最不应该说这些话的对象 |
[50:52] | I’ll talk to anybody I damn well please. | 我他妈的 想跟谁说就跟谁说 |
[50:56] | Who the fuck is that now? | 他妈的 又是谁打过来了 |
[51:05] | – Hi, Ma. – Mikey, it’s me again. | -妈 -米奇 还是我 |
[51:08] | I forgot to ask how Ethan is. | 我忘记问你伊桑怎么样了 |
[51:09] | He’s fine. He got his teeth knocked out, but he’s fine. | 他很好 虽然牙齿被人打掉了 但他没事 |
[51:12] | – Is he in pain? – Yeah, he’s in pain. | -他疼不疼 -他是挺疼 |
[51:14] | It hurts, but it’ll pass. | 疼归疼 但他会没事的 |
[51:16] | Ma, I told you we have company. | 妈 我跟你说了家里有客 |
[51:18] | I gotta call you back, remember? | 我得晚些打给你 记得吗 |
[51:19] | – Okay, Mikey. – Yeah. Bye. | -行 米奇 -再见 |
[51:22] | – He’s still in pain? – No. | -他还疼吗 -不疼了 |
[51:25] | Then why do you worry your mother? | 那为什么你还担心你母亲 |
[51:27] | He has to worry her. He can’t help himself. | 他非担心不可 控制不住 |
[51:30] | All right, Penelope. That’s enough. | 够了 佩内洛普 够了 |
[51:31] | What is this drama-queen bullshit? | 你在胡说些什么 |
[51:33] | Penelope, nobody cares about anything outside himself. | 佩内洛普 人向来都是自私的 |
[51:37] | Sure, we’d all like to believe in some possible correction… | 当然 我们都愿意相信还有向善的可能性 |
[51:40] | …one we could author ourselves… | 都愿意相信我们终将 |
[51:43] | …completely free of selfish consideration. | 完全摆脱私心的束缚 |
[51:46] | Like your writing this book on Darfur. | 就像你写这本关于达尔富尔的书一样 |
[51:48] | No. Which I think is great. | 不 我觉得写得很棒 |
[51:50] | You know. I understand how you might say: | 我理解你可能会这样想 |
[51:53] | “Okay, I’ll pick a massacre. History’s full of them. | “就选个大屠杀的主题 历史里到处都有 |
[51:56] | I’m gonna write a book.” | 我就写这个题材” |
[51:57] | Everybody has to save himself somehow. | 每个人都得通过某种方式自我救赎 |
[51:59] | I’m not writing this book to save myself. | 我写这本书不是为了自我救赎 |
[52:02] | You haven’t read it. You don’t even know what’s in it. | 你读都没读过 你连书里讲什么都不知道 |
[52:05] | Whatever. | 管它呢 |
[52:07] | My God, that odor of Kronos is killing me. | 天啊 古龙水的味快熏死我了 |
[52:11] | – It fucking reeks. – Well, you didn’t exactly skimp. | -都他妈臭了 -你可没少喷 |
[52:14] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[52:15] | No, it was my fault. I sprayed like a madwoman. | 不 这是我的错 是我喷多的 |
[52:18] | I don’t know. Why…? | 我不知道 为什么 |
[52:22] | Why can’t things be easier, you know? | 为什么事情就不能变得简单点呢 |
[52:23] | Why does everything have to be so exhausting? | 为什么每件事都这样劳神费心呢 |
[52:29] | You think too much. | 你想太多了 |
[52:30] | – Women think too much. – There’s an original response. | -女人总是多虑 -那是本能反应 |
[52:34] | I don’t know what that means, to think too much. | 我不知道你口中的想太多是什么意思 |
[52:36] | You know, I don’t know how you can just go on living… | 真不明白你怎么就能这样 |
[52:39] | …with absolutely no moral sense of the world. | 毫无任何道德感地活着 |
[52:42] | – Look at me, I’m living. – Oh, Michael, shut up. | -看看我 我可是大活人一个 -迈克尔 闭嘴吧 |
[52:45] | Your miserable complicity just disgusts me. | 你跟他可耻地一唱一和 真是恶心透顶 |
[52:48] | What happened to your sense of humor? | 你的幽默感哪去了 |
[52:50] | I don’t have one and I don’t want one. | 我既没有幽默感也不稀罕 |
[52:52] | If you ask me… | 要我说 |
[52:54] | …the couple is the worst ordeal God has ever inflicted on us. | 这对夫妇就是上帝给我们最严酷的惩罚 |
[52:57] | – Marvelous. – The couple and the family. | -好极了 -他们俩还有他们的家人 |
[53:00] | No one’s forcing you to air this out in front of us, Michael. | 没人非要你当着我们的面说这种话 迈克尔 |
[53:03] | And I might add, it’s a little indecent. | 顺便提一句 这话有点不礼貌 |
[53:05] | That doesn’t bother him. | 他才不在乎 |
[53:07] | You agree with me, don’t you? | 你也同意我的说法 不是吗 |
[53:09] | This is all beside the point. | 这些都是废话 偏题了 |
[53:12] | Alan. Say something. | 艾伦 说点什么 |
[53:15] | He has a right to his ideas. | 他有权表达自己的看法 |
[53:17] | That doesn’t mean he has to advertise them. | 那也不意味着他可以信口雌黄 |
[53:19] | Yeah, right. Maybe. | 对 可能吧 |
[53:21] | We don’t care about their marriage. | 他们的婚姻状况和我们无关 |
[53:23] | We’re here about the problem with kids. | 我们是为了孩子们的问题才来的 |
[53:25] | We don’t care about their marriage. | 他们的婚姻关我们什么事 |
[53:26] | – Yeah, except… – Except what? | -除非… -除非什么 |
[53:27] | – It’s related. – It’s related. | -这与孩子们有关 -没错 |
[53:30] | Of course it’s related. | 这当然跟孩子们的问题有关了 |
[53:31] | Ethan getting teeth busted out is related to our marriage? | 伊桑牙齿被打掉跟我们的婚姻有什么关系 |
[53:34] | – Of course it is. – Sorry, I don’t follow you. | -当然有关 -抱歉 我不明白你的意思 |
[53:36] | Look, take a step back and look at the situation we’re in. | 退一步看看我们现在的处境 |
[53:40] | Children suck the life out of you and leave you old and empty. | 孩子耗尽了你全部的心血 把你变得苍老而空虚 |
[53:43] | That’s the law of nature. | 这是自然法则 |
[53:45] | You see these young couples laughing all the way to the altar. | 看着那些年轻的情侣兴奋地步入婚姻殿堂 |
[53:48] | You think, “They don’t know. | 你就想 “他们什么都不懂 |
[53:50] | Poor fuckers have no idea.” | 这些可怜的人一点没概念 |
[53:52] | They’re happy. | 他们很开心 |
[53:53] | Nobody tells you about this stuff in the beginning. | 因为一开始没人会告诉他们 |
[53:55] | I got this army buddy. | 我有个当兵的哥们 |
[53:56] | He’s gonna have a kid with his new girlfriend. | 他马上要跟他新女友生孩子了 |
[53:59] | I said to him, “A kid? At our age? What, are you stupid? | 我跟他说 “生孩子 在我们这岁数 你傻啊 |
[54:03] | You got maybe 10, 15 good years left… | 再过十或十五年 |
[54:05] | …before you get cancer or have a stroke… | 你指不定就得癌症或中风了 |
[54:07] | …and you’re gonna saddle yourself with a fucking kid?” | 还想多个孩子当包袱吗” |
[54:10] | – That’s not really what you think. – Yes, it is. | -那不是你真正的想法 -他就这想法 |
[54:12] | – Of course it is. I think even worse. – Yep. | -没错 我想得还糟呢 -那就对了 |
[54:15] | You’re debasing yourself, Michael. | 你这是在贬低自己 迈克尔 |
[54:17] | Is that right? | 那样不好吗 |
[54:19] | Stop crying, Penelope. It only makes it worse. | 别哭了 佩内洛普 这样事情只会更糟 |
[54:24] | Here. | 再来一点 |
[54:25] | Of course, of course. | 好的 好的 |
[54:27] | – It’s excellent, isn’t it? – It’s excellent. | -太棒了 不是吗 -真是好酒 |
[54:30] | Could I interest you in a cigar? | 想来根雪茄吗 |
[54:32] | – No cigars in the house. – Too bad. | -家里不准抽烟 -真可惜 |
[54:34] | Were you gonna smoke a cigar now, Alan? | 你现在还想抽雪茄吗 艾伦 |
[54:37] | I do what I want, Nancy. | 我想做啥就做啥 南希 |
[54:38] | If I wanna smoke a cigar, I smoke a cigar. | 我要是想抽 我就抽 |
[54:40] | I won’t smoke it because I don’t wanna upset Penelope… | 我不抽是因为我不想让佩内洛普难过 |
[54:43] | …who’s already on edge, to put it mildly. | 毫不夸张地说 她已经快崩溃了 |
[54:47] | Oh, quit sniffling like that. She’s right. | 别哭了 她说的对 |
[54:51] | You know, when women cry, men are pushed to a breaking point. | 女人的哭声总是能把男人逼到爆发点 |
[54:55] | Although, unfortunately… | 尽管 不幸的是… |
[54:57] | …I must say, Michael’s point of view is completely justified. | 我得说 迈克尔的观点完全是合理的 |
[55:01] | Yeah, can I read it to you? | 我能读给你听吗 |
[55:03] | Yeah, sure. Go ahead. | 没事 你读吧 |
[55:06] | Yeah, put “New York” in a specific time of day. | 到时候再加上”纽约” |
[55:09] | – It’s unbearable. – What time of day? | -真是受不了 -什么时候 |
[55:11] | The time you send it. It has to be hot off the press. | 就是你发稿的时候 一定要趁热打铁 |
[55:16] | Not “Questions.” “Deplores”. “Questions” is wishy-washy. | 别用”发问” 用”谴责” “发问”太单薄了 |
[55:20] | I live with this night and day. | 我成天面对这一切 |
[55:22] | One second. | 等等 |
[55:23] | Our lives are chopped up by the cell phone. | 我们的生活被手机闹得支离破碎 |
[55:25] | This is very important. | 这个电话很重要 |
[55:27] | – It’s always more important. – Go ahead. | -工作总是很重要 -继续 |
[55:29] | What’s happening somewhere else is always more important. | 别的地方发生的事总是更重要 |
[55:33] | No. No, not “Strategy.” “Scheme.” | 不 不 别用”策略” 用”阴谋” |
[55:36] | “A scheme surfacing two weeks from the company’s posting.”, etc. | “公司过账两周后 一个阴谋浮出水面” 等等 |
[55:40] | In the street. | 街上也打 |
[55:42] | The dinner table. Everywhere. | 餐桌上也打 到处都打 |
[55:46] | And “Study” in quotes. | 还有”研究”打上引号 |
[55:48] | Put the word “Study” in quotes. | “研究”这个词打上引号 |
[55:50] | I don’t even protest anymore. | 我都懒得抗议了 |
[55:53] | Unconditional surrender. | 无条件投降了 |
[55:56] | I feel like I’m gonna vomit again. | 我感觉好像又要吐了 |
[55:58] | – Where’s that bucket? – How am I supposed to know? | -桶呢 -我怎么知道 |
[56:07] | Well, then just quote me. | 那就直接转述我的话 |
[56:08] | You know: “This is a barefaced attempt”…. | 就说”这是个厚颜无耻的阴谋…” |
[56:10] | Can you stand over the bucket, please? | 拜托你能站在桶边上吗 |
[56:12] | – Pen. – What? | -佩 -怎么了 |
[56:14] | I mean, we’re already set up to handle this now. | 反正我们都准备好收拾烂摊子了 |
[56:17] | “… according to TW Pharma attorney Alan Cowan.” | “这是TW药业公司律师艾伦·科万的原话” |
[56:20] | Okay, I’ll make these corrections and put it out there. | 好 我更正好就发布出去 |
[56:23] | AP, Reuters, newspapers, trade journals. | 美联社 路透社 报纸 行业刊物 |
[56:27] | You know, the whole shebang. | 都给他们发过去 |
[56:31] | – What’s wrong? – She’s gonna throw up again. | -怎么了 -她又要吐了 |
[56:33] | You’re so caring. It’s touching. | 这么关心我 真感动 |
[56:35] | – Well, I’m worried. – I didn’t get that. | -我很担心你 -我没感受到 |
[56:37] | – My mistake. – Oh, come on, Nancy, will you? | -我错了 -别这样好吗 南希 |
[56:41] | You and I don’t have to do this. | 我们没必要吵架啊 |
[56:43] | Their marriage is going downhill. | 他们的婚姻每况愈下 |
[56:45] | We don’t have to try to compete. | 这我们没必要跟他们争 |
[56:46] | What gives you the right to say our marriage is going downhill? | 你有什么权利说我们的婚姻每况愈下 |
[56:50] | What gives you the right? | 你有什么权利 |
[56:53] | – Yeah. Walter. – Alan, is the press release ready? | -沃尔特 -艾伦 新闻稿好了吗 |
[56:56] | Yeah, I just had it read back to me. | 好了 我刚让他们跟我复述了一下 |
[56:58] | They’ll send it over to you. | 他们会发给你的 |
[56:59] | Did you say this is an attempt to…? | 你是不是说过这是个什么阴谋 |
[57:01] | Manipulation. Manipulation of the stock price. | 操控 操控股价 |
[57:04] | Listen, Walter, I’ll call you back in a minute, yeah. | 沃尔特 我待会打给你 |
[57:07] | I didn’t say it. Steven did. | 不是我说的 是史蒂文说的 |
[57:08] | “Michael.” | 是迈克尔 |
[57:11] | -I will not let you – Michael. Sorry. | -我不许你 -抱歉 迈克尔 |
[57:12] | judge our family. | 对我们家评头论足 |
[57:14] | Don’t judge our son either. | 那你也别评判我儿子 |
[57:16] | That’s different. Your son brutalized our son. | 那是两回事 你儿子打了我儿子 |
[57:19] | They’re young. They’re kids. | 他们还小 只是孩子 |
[57:21] | Kids roughhouse in the playground. | 孩子们在操场上大打出手 |
[57:23] | Always have, always will. | 习以为常 见怪不怪 |
[57:25] | – It’s a rule of nature. – No, it isn’t. | -这是天性使然 -才不是呢 |
[57:27] | Sure it is. | 就是这样 |
[57:28] | It takes a little education | 人要经过教化 |
[57:29] | to substitute the rule of law for violence. | 法治才能取代暴力 |
[57:31] | The origin of law, as you of course know, is brute force. | 而法律的起源 你当然知道 正是蛮力 |
[57:36] | Maybe if you’re a caveman… | 可能你还生活在石器时代… |
[57:37] | – …but not in this world. – Tell me about this world. | -但在当今世界不是这样的 -当今世界咋了 |
[57:40] | You’re boring. This whole conversation is boring. | 你真无聊 尽说些无聊透顶的话 |
[57:43] | Penelope, I believe in the god of carnage… | 佩内洛普 我相信杀戮之神 |
[57:47] | …the god whose rule’s been unchallenged since time immemorial. | 亘古及今 他的权威从未遭人质疑 |
[57:50] | You’re interested in Africa, right? | 你不是对非洲感兴趣吗 |
[57:54] | – What’s the matter? – Don’t worry about me. | -你怎么了 -别管我 |
[57:56] | – Nancy. – I’m just fine. | -南希 -我没事 |
[57:58] | All right. | 好吧 |
[58:00] | See, I just got back from the Congo. | 我刚刚从刚果回来 |
[58:02] | They got kids there trained to kill at the age of 8. | 那里有八岁的孩子就受训杀人 |
[58:05] | In the course of their childhood, | 在他们的童年岁月里 |
[58:07] | they might kill hundreds of people. | 他们或许能杀数百人 |
[58:08] | They kill with a machete, a shotgun, a Kalash, a thumper. | 他们杀人时可以用砍刀 猎枪 卡拉什[冲锋枪] 火箭筒 |
[58:13] | So obviously, when my kid busts some other kid’s tooth… | 所以很显然 当我儿子用沙箱上的竹条 |
[58:17] | …even two teeth with a bamboo switch by the sandbox… | 打掉了别的孩子一两颗牙… |
[58:21] | …I’m not quite as shocked and indignant as you are. | 我不会像你那么震惊和愤怒 |
[58:23] | Well, you should be. | 你该觉得震惊和愤怒 |
[58:25] | Thumper. | 火箭筒 |
[58:26] | – What they call a grenade launcher. – That’s what I called it. | -他们就这么叫掷弹筒 -我也这么叫 |
[58:30] | – You all right? – I’m just fine. | -你没事吧 -我没事 |
[58:34] | What’s wrong with her? What’s the matter? | 她怎么了 怎么回事 |
[58:36] | Bile. It’s nothing. | 吐胆汁 没事 |
[58:38] | Don’t you tell me about Africa. | 你少跟我提非洲 |
[58:41] | I know all about suffering in Africa. | 非洲的苦难我最了解 |
[58:43] | I don’t doubt it. | 这我不怀疑 |
[58:45] | That’s all I’ve been thinking about for months. | 几个月来 他们在我脑中挥之不去 |
[58:47] | Don’t get her started on this, please. | 别挑起这个话题 拜托 |
[58:52] | You know, I’m actually starting to like you. | 我现在还真开始喜欢你了 |
[58:55] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[58:56] | Talk about commitment to world peace and stability. | 这才叫致力于维护世界和平和稳定 |
[58:58] | Shut the fuck up, Michael. | 他妈闭嘴 迈克尔 |
[59:01] | Are you sure about that? | 你真还要喝吗 |
[59:03] | Very sure. This will do me some good. | 当然 喝了精神气爽 |
[59:05] | We live in New York. | 我们住在纽约 |
[59:07] | We don’t live in Kinshasa. | 我们不住在金沙萨[非洲扎伊尔首都] |
[59:09] | We live in New York City… | 我们住在纽约市 |
[59:12] | …and with the customs of Western society. | 这里遵守西方社会的习俗 |
[59:14] | So, what happens at the Brooklyn Bridge playground… | 所以在布鲁克林大桥操场发生的事 |
[59:18] | …that has to do with Western values… | 要以西方价值观来看待 |
[59:20] | …to which, whether you like it or not, | 无论你怎么看 |
[59:23] | I happen to subscribe to. | 反正我是认同的 |
[59:25] | Beating your husband must be one of those customs then. | 这么说 打老公肯定也是习俗之一了 |
[59:27] | I’m warning you, Michael. | 我警告你 迈克尔 |
[59:29] | She was all over you like a bad rash. | 她算是缠上你了 |
[59:33] | If I were you, it would melt my heart. | 换作我 早就被感化了 |
[59:35] | He’s making fun of you. Do you believe it? | 他还取笑你 真难以置信 |
[59:38] | – I could care less. – No, really. | -我才不在乎呢 -说真的 |
[59:40] | Morally, you’re supposed to overcome your impulses… | 道德上来说 你是该克制你的冲动 |
[59:43] | …but there are times you don’t wanna overcome them. | 但有时候 就是不想忍住 |
[59:46] | I mean, who wants to say a Hail Mary when you’re having sex? | 你想 谁会在嘿咻的时候 高喊”万福玛利亚” |
[59:49] | Can you buy this Scotch around here? | 这威士忌附近有卖吗 |
[59:51] | No, this one, not very likely. No. | 这酒你怕是买不到 |
[59:55] | Thumper. | 火箭筒 |
[59:57] | Thumper. Really. | 火箭筒 真好笑 |
[59:58] | – Yeah, Thumper. – That’s what it’s called. | -就是火箭筒 -就是这么叫的 |
[1:00:03] | Why don’t you just say “grenade launcher”? | 干嘛不直接说掷弹筒 |
[1:00:05] | Because that’s a term. | 因为那就是术语了 |
[1:00:07] | It’s just like they say | 就像大家会说 |
[1:00:08] | “kalash” and not “kalashnikov” or “AK-47.” | “卡拉什”而不说”冲锋枪”或”AK47” |
[1:00:11] | – Who is “they”? – That’s enough, Nancy. That’s enough. | -“大家”是谁 -别喝了 南希 |
[1:00:13] | Hotshot firebrands like my husband, you gotta understand… | 要知道 我丈夫可是煽风点火的好手 |
[1:00:17] | …it’s hard for them to | 那种人很难 |
[1:00:18] | get excited about what happens down the block. | 对邻里之事感兴趣 |
[1:00:22] | – Exactly. – I don’t see why. | -没错 -我不明白 |
[1:00:24] | I don’t see why. We’re all citizens of the world. | 我就是不懂 我们都是世界的公民 |
[1:00:28] | I don’t see why we can’t have some sense of community. | 为什么就不能有点社区意识 |
[1:00:32] | Penelope. Enough with the highfalutin claptrap. | 佩内洛普 别说那些傲慢的 哗众取宠的话了 |
[1:00:37] | I’m gonna kill him. | 我要杀了他 |
[1:00:40] | There’s a problem with “barefaced.” | “厚颜无耻”这词有点问题 |
[1:00:43] | – Well, take out “barefaced.” – She’s right. | -那就别用这词了 -她说得对 |
[1:00:46] | It’s unbearable after a while. | 没多久就会受不了 |
[1:00:48] | – A brazen attempt to… – Manipulate the stock price. | -厚颜无耻地企图…-操控股价 |
[1:00:50] | There you go. | 这就对了 |
[1:00:52] | – Did he sign off on the rest? – Yeah. | -其他部分他同意了吗 -是的 |
[1:00:55] | That’s fine. Good. | 那很好 |
[1:00:58] | What were we talking about? Thumpers? | 我们说什么来着 火箭筒吗 |
[1:01:01] | We were saying… | 我们在说… |
[1:01:03] | …that, despite what my husband thinks… | 不管我丈夫怎么想 |
[1:01:06] | …whether it happens here or on the other side of the world… | 不管事情是发生在这里 还是在世界的另一端 |
[1:01:09] | …we all have to be collectively concerned. | 我们都该表示关心 |
[1:01:13] | “Collectively concerned.” | “都该表示关心” |
[1:01:16] | Nancy, it’s absurd to drink in your condition. | 南希 你这个样子真不该喝酒 |
[1:01:20] | What condition? I’m perfect. | 什么样子 我很好 |
[1:01:22] | Now, that’s an interesting idea. | 这个想法真有意思 |
[1:01:29] | No. No interviews before we get this release out. | 不 我们发布这则消息前不接受采访 |
[1:01:32] | Mr. Cowan… | 科万先生 |
[1:01:34] | …can you please put an end to this nerve-racking conversation? | 你能不能赶紧挂了这烦人的电话 |
[1:01:37] | Just remind him the stockholders won’t give a shit. | 跟他说股东才不在乎呢 |
[1:01:41] | The stockholders won’t… | 股东才不… |
[1:01:43] | Nancy. What are you… Are you out of your fucking mind? | 南希 你干嘛… 你他妈的疯了吗 |
[1:01:45] | Hello! What’s going on? | 喂 怎么回事 |
[1:01:47] | There. | 去你的 |
[1:01:49] | Shit! | 该死 |
[1:01:51] | – Oh, my God. – Way to go! | -我的天 -干得好 |
[1:02:01] | The blow-dryer. The blow-dryer. | 吹风机 吹风机 |
[1:02:03] | You should be put in a home, dear. | 你真该关进疯人院 |
[1:02:07] | I got everything in there. | 我的东西都在里面 |
[1:02:11] | It was brand-new. I spent hours setting this up. | 这还是刚买的 花了好长时间才设置好 |
[1:02:13] | I can’t believe you did that. | 真不敢相信你竟然这么做 |
[1:02:15] | That was a really irresponsible thing to do. | 你这样真太不负责任了 |
[1:02:17] | I got everything in there. | 我的东西都在里面 |
[1:02:19] | My whole life was in there. | 我整个人生都在里面 |
[1:02:22] | His whole life. | 他整个人生 |
[1:02:24] | Here. | 拿着 |
[1:02:27] | I wanna get the SIM card and the battery out. How do you do that? | 我想把SIM卡和电池取出来 怎么取 |
[1:02:32] | – I just got it. I don’t know. – Let me see. Let me see. | -刚买的 我不知道 -我来试试 |
[1:02:36] | It’s stuck. | 卡住了 |
[1:02:38] | And they think it’s funny. They think it’s funny! | 她们还觉得这很好笑 她们觉得这好笑 |
[1:02:44] | – Penelope. – Penelope. This is not funny. | -佩内洛普 -佩内洛普 这不好笑 |
[1:02:48] | My husband has spent the entire afternoon drying things. | 我丈夫一个下午都在吹干东西 |
[1:02:52] | No, no. This way. | 不不 这样 |
[1:03:00] | Forget it. It’s over. | 算了 没救了 |
[1:03:03] | – You gotta wait. – Forget it. It’s over. | -你得等等看 -算了 没用了 |
[1:03:08] | You wanna use the phone? | 你想用电话吗 |
[1:03:14] | I must say…. | 我得说… |
[1:03:18] | What must you say, Michael? | 你得说什么 迈克尔 |
[1:03:21] | No. I don’t even know what to say. | 算了 我都不知道该说什么 |
[1:03:25] | I’d say it feels better like this. | 我觉得这样更好 |
[1:03:28] | I’d say it feels better like this. Wouldn’t you? | 我觉得这样更好 你说呢 |
[1:03:34] | Men get so attached to their toys. | 男人太过依恋于他们的玩具 |
[1:03:36] | It diminishes them. | 削弱了他们本身 |
[1:03:38] | They lose their credibility. | 他们变得不可信 |
[1:03:40] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[1:03:42] | I dated this guy once… | 我曾约会过一个男人 |
[1:03:44] | …and then I saw him carrying this bag… | 后来我见他拿着一个包 |
[1:03:47] | …this rectangular bag with a shoulder strap. | 长方形的包还带肩带 |
[1:03:49] | It’s a man’s bag with a shoulder strap. | 男式包还带肩带 |
[1:03:52] | It was over. | 我就跟他吹了 |
[1:03:54] | A bag with a shoulder strap, that’s the worst. | 拿带肩带的包 最差劲了 |
[1:03:57] | But the cell phone always at his fingertips… | 但是手机不离手 |
[1:04:00] | …that’s the worst too. | 那也是最差劲的了 |
[1:04:03] | Men should have both hands free. | 男人两只手都该腾出来 |
[1:04:06] | They should have both hands free. | 他们两只手都该腾出来 |
[1:04:08] | I’ve got a John Wayne idea of manhood too. | 我也有个约翰·韦恩式的对男子气概的看法 |
[1:04:11] | What was it he had? A Colt .45. | 他有把什么来着 柯尔特45口径手枪吗 |
[1:04:13] | Something that empties a room. | 那玩意儿能清空一屋子人 |
[1:04:16] | Any man that doesn’t give off those loner vibes… | 那些没有那种孤独感的男人 |
[1:04:18] | …just doesn’t come off as having any substance. | 总让人觉得华而不实 |
[1:04:23] | So, Michael, Michael. I guess you’re happy now. | 迈克尔 迈克尔 我猜你现在开心了 |
[1:04:27] | Our little touchy-feely, whatever you said, | 说我们婆婆妈妈也好 随你怎么说 |
[1:04:29] | is coming apart at the seams. | 现在我们都不能自控了 |
[1:04:31] | But, hey, you know what? | 可是 你猜怎么着 |
[1:04:33] | This almost feels good, in my opinion. | 依我看 这感觉不错 |
[1:04:37] | In my opinion, some people | 依我看 有些人 |
[1:04:39] | can handle their liquor better than others. | 不太能喝酒 |
[1:04:42] | – I’m as normal as can be. – Yeah, right. | -我没喝醉 -可不是嘛 |
[1:04:45] | Yeah. I’m beginning to see things with a pleasant serenity. | 是啊 我现在开始要愉悦地 平和地看待事物 |
[1:04:49] | That’s good. A pleasant serenity. | 很好 愉悦地平和地 |
[1:04:53] | I don’t know why you’re | 我真不知道你干嘛 |
[1:04:54] | wasting yourself out in the open, Darjeeling. | 这么当众耍酒疯 大吉岭 |
[1:04:56] | Shut the hell up. | 给老娘闭嘴 |
[1:04:57] | Here. Alan. | 给 艾伦 |
[1:04:59] | – Relax. – No cigars in the house. | -放松一下 -在家不能抽雪茄 |
[1:05:02] | You got your Hoyo de Monterro. | 这里有奥约·德蒙特雷雪茄 |
[1:05:04] | You got your Partagas D, number 4. | 还有帕塔加斯D系列4号雪茄 |
[1:05:06] | You got your Hoyo Coronacion. | 奥约·加冕雪茄 |
[1:05:08] | Where did you get these? | 这你都哪来的 |
[1:05:10] | – You don’t wanna know. – Seriously. | -你不会想知道的 -说真的 |
[1:05:12] | The Spanish connection. | 在西班牙有关系 |
[1:05:14] | My cookware guy is going out with a flight attendant. | 我卖炊具的朋友跟一个空姐约会 |
[1:05:17] | She brings home, like, two boxes a week. | 她每周大概带两盒回来 |
[1:05:20] | You can’t smoke in a house with an asthmatic child. | 家里有哮喘的孩子 你不能在家抽烟 |
[1:05:23] | And why are you telling him your whole life story? | 你干嘛把生平事迹都告诉他了 |
[1:05:25] | – Who has asthma? – Our son. | -谁有哮喘 -我们的儿子 |
[1:05:27] | We had a goddamn hamster, didn’t we? | 我们却养了个该死的仓鼠 不是吗 |
[1:05:29] | That’s true. Pets aren’t good when you’re asthmatic. | 这倒是 有哮喘不该养宠物 |
[1:05:32] | No. Not good at all. | 不 确实不好 |
[1:05:34] | Even goldfish aren’t necessarily recommended. | 就连养金鱼也不太好 |
[1:05:37] | Do I have to listen to this crap? | 我非得听这些废话吗 |
[1:05:40] | I guess I’m the only one that | 我想只有我是 |
[1:05:42] | doesn’t see things with a pleasant serenity. | 没有愉悦地 平和地看待事物的人 |
[1:05:45] | The truth is… | 事实上 |
[1:05:47] | …I’ve never been so unhappy. | 我从没这么不开心过 |
[1:05:49] | This is the unhappiest day of my life. | 这是我这辈子最不开心的一天了 |
[1:05:51] | You’re an unhappy drunk. | 你只是喝醉了不开心 |
[1:05:53] | Michael… | 迈克尔 |
[1:05:55] | …every word out of your mouth just slays me. | 你说的每句话都让我想笑 |
[1:05:59] | I don’t get drunk. | 我喝不醉 |
[1:06:01] | I had a couple of sips of your shitty 18-year-old Single Malt… | 我才喝了几口 你那瓶劣质的十八年纯麦芽威士忌 |
[1:06:05] | …that you trot out like it’s the 18th Wonder of the World. | 你还把它当成世界第十八大奇迹来炫耀 |
[1:06:09] | I don’t get drunk. | 我没喝醉 |
[1:06:11] | I wish I could. Believe me, I wish I could. | 我希望我能醉 真的希望 |
[1:06:13] | I wish I could just drown | 希望我能把 |
[1:06:15] | every last sorrow in a good, stiff drink. | 我的悲伤都用一杯好酒淹死 |
[1:06:21] | My husband is unhappy too. | 我丈夫也不开心 |
[1:06:24] | Look at him all hunched over | 瞧他蜷成一团 |
[1:06:25] | like he was left on the side of the road. | 一副沦落街头的样子 |
[1:06:29] | I think this is the unhappiest day of his life too. | 我想这也是他这辈子最不开心的一天 |
[1:06:32] | – It is. – I’m sorry, Doodle. | -的确 -真抱歉 嘟嘟 |
[1:06:46] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:06:49] | – Hello. – Mikey. | -你好 -米奇 |
[1:06:51] | Mom. I told you we have company. You remember? | 妈妈 我不是说了我们这儿有人吗 |
[1:06:55] | Why do you want me to stop taking my Antril? | 你为什么让我停用安特里 |
[1:06:58] | Because it’s medication that can kill you. | 因为这药会害死你 |
[1:07:01] | – It’s poison. – It is not. | -那药有毒 -不是的 |
[1:07:02] | Now, Mom, Mom. | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[1:07:04] | There’s someone here who can explain. | 这里有个人能给你解释 |
[1:07:07] | – Here. Tell her. – Tell her what? | -来 跟她说 -说什么 |
[1:07:10] | Tell her what you know about that poisonous shit of yours. | 跟她说说你的那些毒药 |
[1:07:14] | What can he tell her? He doesn’t know anything. | 他能跟她说什么 他什么都不知道 |
[1:07:19] | Hello, ma’am. | 你好 夫人 |
[1:07:21] | – How are you? – I’m all right for now. | -你好吗 -我现在还好 |
[1:07:23] | They want to take me off my Antril. | 他们想让我停用安特里 |
[1:07:26] | My operation is a week away. | 我一周后就做手术了 |
[1:07:28] | Yeah. Are you in pain? | 是嘛 你觉得疼吗 |
[1:07:30] | I can’t be on my feet, doctor. | 我站不起来 医生 |
[1:07:32] | Yeah. Well, the operation will fix that. | 这样啊 手术后就好了 |
[1:07:39] | – The other leg too? – Are you an orthopedist? | -另一条腿也是吗 -你是骨科医生吗 |
[1:07:42] | No, I’m not an orthopedist. | 不 我不是骨科医生 |
[1:07:44] | She keeps calling me “doctor.” | 她一直喊我”医生” |
[1:07:46] | Doctor. What a laugh. | 医生 真可笑 |
[1:07:49] | – Hang up. – Hello. | -挂了吧 -喂 |
[1:07:51] | – Yeah. – What about my Antril? | -请说 -我能吃安特里吗 |
[1:07:53] | Well, do you have any balance issues? | 你的平衡有问题吗 |
[1:07:57] | No…. | 没有 |
[1:07:59] | – Yeah. – Will it kill me? | -好 -这药会害死我吗 |
[1:08:00] | No, of course not. Not at all. It can’t kill you. | 当然不会 没问题的 不会害死你 |
[1:08:05] | Don’t listen to what people say. | 不要听别人瞎说 |
[1:08:07] | Still, yeah, it might be a good idea not to take it for a while. | 不过呢 或许还是停用一段时间比较好 |
[1:08:11] | For how long? | 停多少时间 |
[1:08:12] | Just until this operation is behind you. | 直到手术结束吧 |
[1:08:14] | They’re gonna ruin me. | 他们会毁了我的 |
[1:08:16] | If you could see me, you’d be surprised how well-preserved I am. | 你要是能看得到我保养得有多好 你会很惊讶的 |
[1:08:19] | Yeah, sounds like you’re in excellent shape. | 是啊 你听上去是很健康 |
[1:08:23] | All right. You got that, Ma? | 好了 你听到没 妈妈 |
[1:08:25] | You stop taking that medication. | 别吃那药了 |
[1:08:27] | – Just do as you’re told! – Okay, okay. | -照我说的做 -好啊 好吧 |
[1:08:29] | – All right? I love you. – Love you too. | -好了 我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[1:08:34] | I can’t take her anymore. | 我真受不了她了 |
[1:08:36] | The shit I put up with. | 我成天忍受这些烂事 |
[1:08:37] | All right. Should we wrap this up? | 好了 我们把事情了结一下吧 |
[1:08:41] | Should I come back here tonight with Zachary? | 我今晚要不要带着扎卡里再过来 |
[1:08:43] | Let’s decide. | 我们做决定吧 |
[1:08:44] | This is getting to be, like, who cares? | 这局面都有点 谁都不在乎的感觉了 |
[1:08:46] | That is what we’re here for after all. | 我们毕竟是为此而来 |
[1:08:49] | Now I’m gonna be sick. Where’s that bucket? | 我要吐了 桶呢 |
[1:08:54] | That’s enough. That’s enough. | 够了 别喝了 |
[1:08:56] | – That’s enough. – I say both sides share the blame. | -你别喝了 -我认为他们都有错 |
[1:09:01] | So…. | 所以说… |
[1:09:03] | There you are. Both sides share the blame. | 就这样了 他们都有错 |
[1:09:06] | – Are you serious? – Excuse me? | -你开玩笑吧 -怎么了 |
[1:09:10] | That’s what you really think? | 你真这么认为 |
[1:09:11] | It’s what I think, yes. | 我就是这么想的 |
[1:09:14] | My son, Ethan, who had to take two codeine at 3 in the morning… | 我儿子伊桑 每天早上三点要服两片可待因[止痛药] |
[1:09:18] | – …he shares the blame? – He’s not necessarily innocent. | -他还有错了 -他也未必就那么无辜 |
[1:09:22] | Get out of my house. You get the fuck out. | 滚出我家 你给我他妈滚出去 |
[1:09:24] | Get the fuck out of my house! | 给老娘滚蛋 |
[1:09:26] | My bag! My bag! My… | 我的包 我的包 |
[1:09:30] | – Alan. – What is going on here? | -艾伦 -这是搞什么啊 |
[1:09:32] | They’ve totally lost it. | 她俩完全失控了 |
[1:09:33] | Alan! Do something. | 艾伦 做点什么啊 |
[1:09:36] | – “Alan, do something.” – Shut your mouth. | -“艾伦 做点什么” -闭上你的嘴 |
[1:09:39] | She broke my makeup mirror and my perfume. | 她打碎了我的化妆镜和香水 |
[1:09:43] | Stand up for me. | 你为我出头啊 |
[1:09:45] | Why don’t you stand up for me? | 你为什么不为我出头啊 |
[1:09:49] | Let’s go, Nancy. | 我们走吧 南希 |
[1:09:51] | – It’s not like I’m strangling her. – What did I do to you? | -我又没掐她 -我招你惹你了 |
[1:09:54] | The blame is not shared. | 不是两人都有错 |
[1:09:57] | The victim and the criminal are not the same. | 受害者和罪犯不是一码事 |
[1:10:00] | – The criminal? – Give it a fucking rest, Penelope. | -罪犯 -佩内洛普 你他妈省省吧 |
[1:10:04] | Enough with this politically correct bullshit! | 少来这套”政治立场正确”的屁话 |
[1:10:06] | – Which I believe in. – That you believe. You believe. | -我就信这个 -你信 是你信 |
[1:10:10] | This crush you got on these Sudan sambos… | 你对苏丹黑鬼的这份迷恋 |
[1:10:13] | …is spilling over into everything now! | 现在泛滥得满世界都是了 |
[1:10:15] | I’m horrified. | 我真感到震惊 |
[1:10:16] | How could you be so openly despicable? | 你怎么能公然表现得如此鄙陋 |
[1:10:19] | Because I feel like it. I feel like being openly despicable. | 因为我就想 我就想公然表现得如此鄙陋 |
[1:10:24] | One day you will understand the sheer horror… | 总有一天你会了解世界的那一边 |
[1:10:26] | …of what’s happening in that part of the world | 所上演的一幕幕惨剧 |
[1:10:27] | and you will be ashamed… | 你就会感到羞愧 |
[1:10:29] | you will be ashamed | 你会感到羞愧的 |
[1:10:30] | of your contemptibly nihilistic attitude. | 羞于你那可鄙的虚无主义态度 |
[1:10:33] | Yes, Darjeeling, you’re so wonderful. | 是啊 大吉岭 你真是太完美了 |
[1:10:38] | You’re the best and the brightest. | 你是最出类拔萃的人 |
[1:10:40] | Yes, I am! Yes, I am! | 我就是 我就是 |
[1:10:43] | Let’s get out of here, Alan. | 我们走吧 艾伦 |
[1:10:45] | These people are monsters. | 这些人真可怕 |
[1:10:48] | – Stop it, Nancy. – No, no. No. | -别喝了 南希 -不要 |
[1:10:50] | I wanna drink some more. I wanna get drunk off my ass. | 我还要再喝点 我要喝得酩酊大醉 |
[1:10:55] | This bitch throws my bag against the ceiling, | 那贱人把我的包扔到天花板上 |
[1:10:58] | nobody lifts a finger. | 都没人管管 |
[1:10:59] | – I wanna be blind drunk. – You’re drunk enough. | -我要喝得烂醉 -你够醉了 |
[1:11:02] | How can you let her call our son a criminal? | 你怎么能让她叫我们儿子罪犯 |
[1:11:06] | We come over here to work things out with them, | 我们来这儿是想化解矛盾 |
[1:11:08] | and they insult us… | 他们却侮辱我们 |
[1:11:11] | …they browbeat us… | 他们吓唬我们 |
[1:11:12] | …they lecture us about being good citizens of the planet. | 他们教训我们要做地球的好公民 |
[1:11:15] | I am glad our son kicked the shit out of your son… | 我很高兴我儿子暴揍了你儿子 |
[1:11:19] | …and I wipe my ass with your human rights. | 让你的人权都见鬼去吧 |
[1:11:25] | Get a couple of drinks in her and, bam, her true self comes out. | 几杯酒下肚 她就原形毕露了 |
[1:11:29] | What happened to that gracious, demure woman with the soft eyes? | 那个优雅端庄 目光温存的女士哪去了 |
[1:11:33] | I told you. I told you! | 我早说了 我都跟你说了 |
[1:11:36] | – What did you tell him? – That she’s a fake. | -你跟他说什么了 -她就是虚伪 |
[1:11:38] | That woman is totally fake. I’m sorry. | 那女人就是虚伪 抱歉了 |
[1:11:40] | – When did you say that? – When you were drying your pants. | -你什么时候说的 -你吹干裤子的时候 |
[1:11:43] | You’d known her 15 minutes, and you already knew she was fake? | 你当时才认识她十五分钟 你就知道她虚伪 |
[1:11:46] | Yeah. Well, I pick up on these things pretty quickly. | 我对这种事很敏感 |
[1:11:49] | – She does. – I got a nose for them. | -确实是这样 -那种人闻都能闻出来 |
[1:11:51] | Fake. What does that mean? | 虚伪 这是什么意思 |
[1:11:54] | I don’t wanna listen to this. | 我不想再听了 |
[1:11:55] | Why do you put me through this, Alan? | 你干嘛让我受这折磨 艾伦 |
[1:11:58] | Relax, Nancy. | 放松 南希 |
[1:11:59] | She’s a phony. She doesn’t care any more than you do. | 她就是个骗子 她不比你更在乎这事 |
[1:12:02] | – It’s true. That’s true. – It’s true. He said it’s true. | -没错 是这样 -没错 他承认了 |
[1:12:06] | They don’t give a shit. | 他们根本不在乎 |
[1:12:08] | It’s so obvious right from the beginning. They don’t give a shit. | 从一开始就看得出 他们根本不在乎 |
[1:12:12] | She doesn’t give a shit either. It’s true. | 她也不在乎 确实如此 |
[1:12:14] | Like you do? | 你就在乎吗 |
[1:12:16] | No, let him talk, honey. | 别 让他说 亲爱的 |
[1:12:18] | Explain to me, Michael, exactly how you care. | 跟我说说 迈克尔 说说你怎么在乎 |
[1:12:21] | What does that mean anyway? | 什么叫在乎 |
[1:12:22] | You’re more credible when you’re being openly despicable. | 你公然表现出鄙陋时反而更可信了 |
[1:12:25] | Truth is, nobody here cares except maybe Penelope. | 事实上 这里谁都不在乎 可能佩内洛普除外 |
[1:12:29] | One must acknowledge her integrity. | 我们确实该承认她是正直的人 |
[1:12:30] | I don’t need your acknowledgment. | 我才不用你承认呢 |
[1:12:33] | I don’t need your acknowledgment! | 我才不用你承认 |
[1:12:35] | But I do care. I really do care. | 但我在乎啊 我真的在乎 |
[1:12:37] | Yes, Doodle, we care in a hysterical way. | 对 嘟嘟 我们的在乎不是理性的 |
[1:12:41] | Not like heroic figures of a social movement. | 不像是什么社会运动中的英雄人物 |
[1:12:45] | I saw your friend Jane Fonda on TV the other day. | 我那天在电视上看见你朋友简·方达了 |
[1:12:49] | Made me wanna run out and buy a Ku Klux Klan poster. | 她整得我想冲出去买张3K党的海报 |
[1:12:53] | My friend Jane Fonda? | 我朋友简·方达 |
[1:12:55] | What does that mean? What the hell does that mean? | 你这话什么意思 你这话到底什么意思 |
[1:12:58] | You’re the same breed, | 你们是同一种人 |
[1:12:59] | the same kind of involved, problem-solver woman. | 都是那种好管闲事 解决问题的女人 |
[1:13:03] | Those are not the women we like. | 我们不喜欢那种女人 |
[1:13:05] | The women we like are sensual, crazy, | 我们喜欢那种肉欲的 疯狂的 |
[1:13:07] | shot full of hormones. | 激情澎湃的女人 |
[1:13:09] | The gatekeepers of the world… | 那种给世界看大门 |
[1:13:11] | …the ones who wanna show off how perceptive they are? | 那种想炫耀她们多有想法的女人 |
[1:13:14] | Huge turnoff. | 真让人没性趣 |
[1:13:16] | Even poor Michael, your own husband, is turned off. | 就连你丈夫 可怜的迈克尔也觉得没性趣 |
[1:13:20] | Don’t you speak for me. | 你别代表我说话 |
[1:13:22] | We don’t give a shit what women you like. | 我们才不在乎你喜欢什么样的女人呢 |
[1:13:25] | Where do you get off just spouting these opinions? | 你说这种话是什么目的 |
[1:13:28] | You are the one man whose opinion we don’t give a shit about! | 你的想法 我们根本一点不会在意 |
[1:13:31] | She’s screaming. | 她尖叫了 |
[1:13:34] | Quartermaster on a slave ship. | 像奴隶船上舵手 |
[1:13:37] | She doesn’t scream? | 她就不尖叫吗 |
[1:13:39] | She didn’t just scream that your little asshole… | 她刚刚不还尖叫 你们的小混蛋 |
[1:13:42] | …was right to beat up ours? | 就该打我们儿子吗 |
[1:13:44] | He was right. | 他做得对 |
[1:13:45] | At least our kid isn’t a little wimpy-ass faggot. | 至少我们儿子不是个懦弱的笨蛋 |
[1:13:49] | Yours is a fucking snitch! | 你儿子就是个专打小报告的 |
[1:13:53] | Let’s go, Alan. | 我们走吧 艾伦 |
[1:13:55] | Why are we still in this house? | 我们怎么还在这儿啊 |
[1:13:58] | Exactly. | 说的是 |
[1:14:01] | Here. | 你瞧 |
[1:14:03] | This is what I think of your stupid tulips. | 这就是我对你这些破郁金香的看法 |
[1:14:06] | Your hideous flowers. | 这些恶心的花 |
[1:14:11] | This is the worst day of my life too. | 这也是我这辈子最糟糕的一天 |