英文名称:you don't know jack
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:50] | You know, she had that same look of agony on her face, | 你知道吗 她脸上痛苦的表情 |
[02:55] | just like mother. | 就像母亲的一样 |
[02:57] | The same one mother had, you know? | 看起来跟母亲当时一样痛苦 |
[02:59] | – Yeah. – You bore witness to it. | -是啊 -你当时也都看到的 |
[03:01] | Excruciating, | 饱受折磨 |
[03:03] | awful waiting. | 痛苦的等待死亡的到来 |
[03:05] | She was struggling to die. | 她当时已经没有活下去的念头了 |
[03:07] | Yeah, well, it’s not living, you know. | 是啊 那不是人过得日子 |
[03:10] | – No. – It’s not being alive. | -是啊 -那已经不是活着了 |
[03:14] | You know, they started doing this in Europe already, | 知道吗 欧洲已经开始这么做了 |
[03:18] | but not here. | 但我们这里还没有 |
[03:20] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[03:22] | – Holland. – Holland. | -荷兰那边 -荷兰 |
[03:25] | Never here. | 而不是这里 |
[03:27] | Way too puritanical here. | 这里的人都太刻板了 |
[03:29] | I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner. | 我不知道怎么我没早点想到这点 |
[03:32] | I was limiting myself. | 我以前也一直在劝服自己 |
[03:34] | It’ll be your own field of specialty, Jack. | 你在那个领域会大有作为的 杰克 |
[03:37] | You’re gonna need some business cards, you know? | 你得准备些名片 知道吗 |
[03:52] | We’ll be swinging singles again, | 我们又回归单身汉时的自由了 |
[03:55] | Just like when we were in our prime. | 就跟年轻时一样 |
[03:57] | Remember those two nurses we were dating? | 还记得跟我们约会的那两个护士吗 |
[03:59] | Two nurses? | 两个护士 |
[04:02] | Oh, that was me, not you. Scratch that. | 哦 算了 那是我不是你 |
[04:05] | You know, you could grab a box, jack. | 帮我拿一个箱子 杰克 |
[04:07] | – It wouldn’t hurt you. – Well, I’ll get the door | -不会闪到你腰的 -我先开门 |
[04:08] | then I’ll– I’ll come back out. | 然后再回来拿 |
[04:13] | Yeah, the best thing about living in my storage room– | 住在我这个储藏室最棒的就是 |
[04:15] | Ain’t bad– | 还不错 |
[04:17] | it’s a short commute. | 上班方便多了 |
[04:18] | ain’t bad. | 真不错 |
[04:40] | You left your varsity jacket, | 你落下了大学夹克衫 |
[04:42] | Your grandmother’s afghan and your nose hair clippers. | 你奶奶的阿富汗毛毯还有你的鼻毛剪 |
[04:44] | That’s the last time I’m cleaning up after you, | 这可是我最后一次帮你擦屁股 |
[04:46] | Neal Nicol. | 尼尔 尼克尔 |
[04:47] | Hi, jack. | 你好 杰克 |
[04:53] | I remember her being much happier at your wedding. | 我记得你们刚结婚时可比现在愉快多了 |
[04:56] | Cut. | 切牌 |
[04:58] | – Ante up. – Yes, dear. | -我跟 -我也跟 |
[05:00] | I’m in. | 跟 |
[05:02] | Oh, by the way, Neal, Mazel Tov. | 对了 尼尔 恭喜你 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1372个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:237个,六级词汇:134个,GRE词汇:149个,托福词汇:188个,考研词汇:257个,专四词汇:228个,专八词汇:44个, 所有生词标注共:503个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:05] | You’re gonna be an ex here soon. How’s it feel? | 你们都要离婚了 感觉如何 |
[05:07] | Like losing 138 lbs without having to diet. | 如释重负 像减了138磅还不用节食 |
[05:14] | Obitiatry, Stan. | 安乐死 斯坦 |
[05:15] | The doctoring of death. | 用药物帮助病人从痛苦中解脱 |
[05:17] | What, in suicide clinics? | 什么 让我去”自杀”诊所 |
[05:18] | Really? I’m a doctor. | 你确定 我可是医生 |
[05:19] | You want me exiled to boca raton? | 你想我被流放到波卡拉顿 |
[05:21] | Come on.Come on. Planned death is gaining acceptance | 听我说 安乐死正逐步被全世界接受 |
[05:24] | all over the world. Why not here? | 在这里为什么不行 |
[05:26] | Can we, for christ’s sakes, just play cards, please? | 我的天 你们能不能安心打牌 |
[05:28] | Because you can’t put those decisions in the hands of patients. Jack | 因为你不能让病人做这个决定 杰克 |
[05:30] | Well, whose hands are we gonna put ’em in? | 那要让谁决定 |
[05:32] | Doctoring’s a healing profession. I can’t even– | 医生职业是救死扶伤 我不能 |
[05:34] | Doctoring’s a death profession too. | 医生也能用药物帮病人”摆脱痛苦” |
[05:36] | Medicine, medicide. | 药物能救人 也能帮人”解脱” |
[05:38] | Cards, Stan? | 我手气太差了 斯坦 |
[05:40] | Uh, three. | 就剩三个人了 |
[05:40] | That’s 10 in a row. That’s 10 in a row he folds. | 那足有十张 他一下丢了十张牌 |
[05:43] | You know you’re allowed to bluff once in a while. | 你可别虚张声势 |
[05:45] | I don’t bluff. | 我没有虚张声势 |
[05:47] | The guy is a study in pure non-fiction. | 这家伙肯定学不会这种把戏的 |
[05:48] | – Let him alone. – Yeah. | -让他一边呆着吧 -也对 |
[05:51] | You know I love you, Jack, | 我喜欢你 杰克 |
[05:52] | but most of your colleagues think you’re a nut. | 但大多数同事都觉得你是个疯子 |
[05:54] | Remember they used to call you the “Screwball pathologist”? | 还记得他们以前叫你”疯子病理学家”吗 |
[05:57] | Would you save me the schpilkes | 你能不能放弃那些疯狂的想法 |
[05:58] | and stay retired for crying out loud? | 乖乖享受退休生活 |
[06:00] | I’m not retired. | 我还没退休 |
[06:01] | Retired means one is no longer occupied | 退休是指不再 |
[06:04] | with one’s profession. | 干自己的老本行 |
[06:05] | I may be unemployed, but I am occupied. | 虽然现在没人雇我 但我还在干这行 |
[06:09] | – Eight. – King high. It’s yours. | -八 -大王 到你了 |
[06:13] | And it’s your deal. | 你来 |
[06:15] | I know it. | 我不行 |
[06:16] | – What? – My– my hands are greasy. | -什么 -我的手很油腻 |
[06:18] | With what? | 粘了什么东西 |
[06:20] | I have pizza fingers. | 我手刚拿过批萨 |
[06:22] | – Pizza fingers? – You ever hear of them? | -拿过批萨饼 -快点出牌了 |
[06:24] | At the Oak Hill care center in Farmington Hills | 法明顿山的橡树山医疗中心里 |
[06:27] | where David Rivlin, a 38-year old quadriplegic | 有一位四肢瘫痪的病人 叫大卫 李福林 |
[06:30] | who’s been confined here for three years, | 今年38岁 已经在那里度过三年 |
[06:32] | has asked to be taken off of life support. | 他要求关掉自己的生命支持系统 |
[06:35] | The Michigan courts have yet to make a decision. | 密歇根法院尚未对此作出裁决 |
[06:38] | Mr. Rivlin, who sustained a spinal cord injury | 20年前 李福林先生徒手冲浪时 |
[06:41] | during a body-surfing accident almost 20 years ago, | 因事故受伤导致脊柱受损 |
[06:44] | tried desperately to live on his own | 20年来 他一直坚持独立生活 |
[06:46] | until the cost of live-in aides became too much for him. | 直至无力支付家庭护理师的高昂费用 |
[06:50] | The state would only offer Rivlin– | 当地政府只为李福林提供了 |
[07:07] | – Yeah? – Turn on channel 7. | -喂 -换到7频道 |
[07:09] | No, I’m– I’m watching Sylvester. | 不 我在看傻大猫动画片呢 |
[07:11] | – Hurry up. – It’s the one where he chases the frog. | -快点 -就是他追青蛙的那集 |
[07:13] | – Do it now. – Why? | -现在就换 -为什么 |
[07:16] | You see this man? He’s being kept alive against his wishes. | 你看那个人 他请求”解脱”未果 |
[07:22] | Oh, yeah. Oh, margo. | 不错 玛格 |
[07:25] | – Margo. – Yeah? | -玛格 -怎么了 |
[07:29] | Look what we got here. | 你看我找到了什么 |
[07:32] | A veritable gold mine. Here, look. | 一堆有用的 快看 |
[07:34] | – Oh, excuse me. I’m sorry. – That’s all right. | -哦 对不起 -没关系 |
[07:36] | It’s a veritable plethora. | 这里有很多好东西 |
[07:40] | – Look at all this stuff. – Yeah, it’s real metal. | -你看看这些东西 -恩 就是块金属板 |
[07:42] | – These things too? – Margo. | -还有这些 -玛格 |
[07:44] | What does this have to do with Mr. Rivlin? | 这东西跟李福林先生有什么关系 |
[07:46] | – What is that? – Okay? | -这是什么 -还有这个 |
[07:47] | – Whatever. – That’s a motor. | -随便你了 -这是个马达 |
[07:49] | – What else? – I think– | -还要什么 -我觉得 |
[07:51] | You want those bolts? | 你要那些螺丝吗 |
[07:52] | Let’s take the whole shebang. | 我们要把东西都备齐了 |
[07:54] | – Okay. – Okay, is this it? | -没问题 -好了 就这些吗 |
[07:55] | I’ll give you the whole thing for $15. | 这些东西15块全卖给你 |
[07:58] | Uh-huh. How’s about $10? | 是吗 10块怎么样 |
[08:06] | You know, this is what you do it for, | 知道吗 我做这件事的原因 |
[08:11] | to be able to put your stamp on medical history. | 是为了能在病历上盖上自己的印 |
[08:14] | A word to the wise: | 明白人用不着细说 |
[08:15] | Be careful where you stamp it | 盖章的时候要小心 |
[08:16] | cause that shit’ll kill you. | 搞不好会给你招来麻烦 |
[08:21] | Thanks, Neal. | 谢谢你 尼尔 |
[08:30] | “Groundbreaking. “ | 开创性的 |
[08:32] | “Today we have some– | 今天我们要 |
[08:34] | What we’re doing here today is groundbreaking. | 我们今天要做的是开创性的 |
[08:39] | It will– it’s gr–“ | 这将会是开… |
[08:41] | You know a better word for “Groundbreaking”? | 能想到什么比”开创性”更恰当的词吗 |
[08:43] | Why don’t you try to relax, Jack? | 你干吗不放轻松 杰克 |
[08:45] | I mean, he asked to see you, so you could make him understand. | 他想见你 你就去跟他说明白而已 |
[08:50] | – Oh, for god’s sakes. – It’s just a demonstration. | -看在上帝的份上 -这只是个示范 |
[08:52] | So I should go in there and not say anything, baby? | 那我去那边什么都不说吗 |
[08:55] | – Is that better? – I didn’t say that. | -这更好吗 -我不是这个意思 |
[08:56] | Just stand there, look at him and do a mime show? | 我就站在那里看着他 然后搞哑剧吗 |
[08:59] | He wants to understand how you’re going | 他只是想知道你要怎么 |
[09:02] | to help him end his life. | 帮他从痛苦中解脱 |
[09:04] | I know why we’re going to see him, margo. | 我知道为什么去见他 玛格 |
[09:05] | I’m asking if you know another word for “Groundbreaking.” | 我是问有没有比”开创性”更恰当的词 |
[09:10] | So I’m hearing different things. | 我听到的有所不同 |
[09:11] | I have a source that says the oakland county prosecutor | 一位知情者告诉我奥克兰郡上的公诉人 |
[09:13] | – is gonna intervene. – Seriously, Mr. Lessenberry, | -会介入调查 -说真的 莱森伯里先生 |
[09:15] | They do not pay me nearly enough money to comment on local politics. | 我可不想在政治上做任何评论 |
[09:19] | I understand that. I’m not asking you to comment on politics. | 我知道 我不是让你评论政治 |
[09:22] | I’m asking you if you’ve had any communication | 我是问问你们 |
[09:25] | with the prosecutor’s office. | 有没有跟检察官那边沟通过 |
[09:27] | We are a hospital. We provide medical care. | 我们是一家医院 我们只提供医护 |
[09:31] | My mercitron machine,David. | 这是我的杰作 大卫 |
[09:34] | I built it just for you. | 我特地为你做的 |
[09:40] | You see… | 你看 |
[09:43] | We have a monumental opportunity here, David, | 这是一次极好的机会 大卫 |
[09:47] | to not only… | 不仅仅可以 |
[09:50] | end your own suffering | 让你从痛苦中解脱 |
[09:52] | but to give your death a meaning. | 还能让你死的更有意义 |
[09:55] | By providing your organs to more useful citizens, | 把你的器官捐赠给需要的人 |
[09:59] | you will be benefitting society… | 你是在造福社会 |
[10:01] | immeasurably. | 你的贡献不可估量 |
[10:04] | Just so you know, | 如你所知 |
[10:06] | we’re gonna offer them up on a first-come- first-serve basis. | 我们会遵循先来后到的原则 |
[10:14] | Now… | 现在 |
[10:17] | I don’t know if you know this, | 我不清楚你是否明白 |
[10:19] | but I cannot give you the injection myself. | 我是不能亲自给你注射的 |
[10:22] | It’s illegal. | 这是非法的 |
[10:23] | But you can release these solutions | 但你可以打开药剂的阀门 |
[10:28] | on your own. | 亲自打开 |
[10:31] | The saline drip is gonna activate the thiopental. | 输液管会先向你输送硫喷妥钠 |
[10:37] | This is gonna put you to sleep | 这会让你进入熟睡状态 |
[10:39] | and set off this timer. | 并设置好定时器 |
[10:43] | You’ll fall into a deep coma | 当你进入深度昏迷状态的时候 |
[10:46] | as the lethal dose of potassium chloride | 大剂量的氯化钾 |
[10:50] | stops your heart. | 会使你的心脏停搏 |
[10:53] | Uh, I know you have no motor skills, | 我知道你四肢不能动 |
[10:57] | so I added this. | 所以加了这个装置 |
[11:03] | You can move you head slightly side to side. | 只要稍微移动你的头就行 |
[11:05] | Don’t do it now, but I’m gonna place this | 现在不要做 到时候我会把这头 |
[11:07] | between your teeth. | 放在你牙齿中间 |
[11:11] | Put it in and move your head. | 放进去后你只要移动头部 |
[11:13] | Very simple– move your head side to side | 非常简单 轻轻挪动你的脑袋 |
[11:16] | just a little bit and it goes. | 只要稍微动一下 阀门就能打开 |
[11:19] | The time comes, | 到那时候 |
[11:21] | you just let your teeth do all the work. | 只要靠你的牙齿就行 |
[11:25] | This is outrageous. | 这真是难以容忍 |
[11:26] | – No it’s not. – Get that thing out of here now. | -不 不是的 -把那玩意拿出去 |
[11:28] | – He’s just receiving new information… – Jack. | -他正在接受新事物 -杰克 |
[11:30] | …so he’s bound to react. | 肯定会有这些反应 |
[11:31] | Just give him a chance to calm himself. | 给他点时间冷静下 |
[11:34] | Could you just give him a chance to calm himself? | 能不能给他点时间冷静 |
[11:36] | Please leave immediately or I’ll call security | 请你赶快离开 否则我要叫保安了 |
[11:38] | and have you thrown out. | 让保安把你扔出去 |
[11:40] | – Please leave. – I’m sorry, david. | -请你离开 -很抱歉 大卫 |
[11:42] | I don’t need your security. | 我不需要你们这儿的保安 |
[11:45] | – Certainly don’t need that. – Get it out of here. | -我当然不需要 -那就把东西拿走 |
[11:47] | David, I’m sorry for this upset. | 大卫 让你不安我很抱歉 |
[11:49] | Doctor, please. | 医生 快走吧 |
[11:51] | – I’m sorry. – And take that thing with you. | -我很抱歉 -把那东西一起带走 |
[12:01] | It took a couple more months, | 虽然耽搁了几个月 |
[12:02] | but the doctors finally did | 但医生最终还是 |
[12:03] | allow him to be taken off of life support. | 同意他关闭生命维持设备 |
[12:06] | And what a brutal way he went. | 这对他多残忍啊 |
[12:07] | – Brutal? – Brutal. Think about it. | -残忍 -当然残忍 你想想 |
[12:11] | Is it really any different than what the germans did | 这和那些法西斯时期德国佬的做法 |
[12:13] | – in nazi germany? – Whoa whoa whoa whoa. | -有什么不同 -怎么能这么说 |
[12:15] | Do you want me to print that? | 你想让我就这么写吗 |
[12:17] | Print what you want. | 随便你 |
[12:19] | We’re talking about hospitals, not nazis. | 我们在谈论的是医院 而不是纳粹 |
[12:21] | Well, they do the same thing– | 他们做法没什么不同 |
[12:22] | starving people to death. They cut off their feeding | 让人们饥饿而死 他们切断供给 |
[12:24] | and their water and they let them die. | 切断水源 然后让他们死去 |
[12:26] | And it’s all legal. | 而这却还合法 |
[12:28] | The United States supreme court has validated | 美国最高法院认可了 |
[12:31] | the nazi method of execution. | 纳粹的行刑方法 |
[12:33] | Excuse me. | 你说什么 |
[12:35] | You– you obviously don’t approve of the current method. | 看来你不赞同现在这种做法 |
[12:38] | No, I don’t. Do you? | 不 我不同意 你同意吗 |
[12:39] | Starving people to death? No, I don’t think so. | 活生生让人饿死吗 不 我不赞成 |
[12:42] | It’s inhumane. | 太不人道了 |
[12:44] | If a person’s allowed to die, | 假如人被赋予死亡的权利 |
[12:46] | Then you inject them– painlessly, quickly. | 你就可以为他们注射 无痛 迅速 |
[12:49] | You don’t let them wither away. | 而不是放任他们逐渐消逝 |
[12:51] | It’s inconceivable. | 这超乎想象 |
[12:53] | It’s unspeakable. | 也难以阐明 |
[12:56] | What would you charge for this procedure? | 做这些 你的要价是多少 |
[13:02] | You don’t charge people | 你不会为了这些 |
[13:04] | For something like this, Mr. Lessenberry. | 而向人要钱的 莱森伯里先生 |
[13:07] | What’s wrong with you? | 你是怎么回事 |
[13:10] | You– you’ve really got some story here, doc. | 医生 你的确有点意思 |
[13:13] | Don’t be surprised | 假如这篇报道在全国内发行 |
[13:14] | if this gets picked up nationally. | 千万不要感到惊奇 |
[13:15] | Is your turkey okay? | 火鸡还行吗 |
[13:19] | I don’t like fat. | 我不喜欢肥肉 |
[13:28] | 《新闻周刊》 杰克 科沃基恩医生 迈出关键一步 | |
[13:29] | Selfish bastard. | 自私的家伙 |
[13:31] | You hog all the ink in the detroit papers, | 你的报道占据了所有底特律报纸版面 |
[13:35] | Now you’re in “Newsweek” | 现在你又上了《新闻周刊》[美国主要时事周刊] |
[13:37] | And there’s nothing about me. | 但却没有关于我的只字片语 |
[13:39] | What about me? | 那我怎么办 |
[13:40] | Look at this. Man. | 看看这个 天啊 |
[13:43] | “Blunt and feisty, he’s the first american doctor | 直率 活跃 他是美国第一位 |
[13:45] | to advocate physician-assisted suicide.” | 倡导安乐死的医生 |
[13:48] | They’re gonna have to take me seriously now. | 他们现在该认真对待我了 |
[13:50] | You’re not a local quack anymore. | 你不再只是个江湖郎中了 |
[13:52] | No no. | 不 不是 |
[13:52] | – You’re America’s quack. – America’s quack! | -你是全美郎中 -全美郎中 |
[13:56] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[13:57] | You earned it. | 是你应得的 |
[13:59] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[14:01] | Neal, congratulations. | 尼尔 祝贺你 |
[14:03] | “Newsweek” magazine. | 《新闻周刊》 |
[14:05] | So how are we gonna celebrate? | 我们要怎么庆祝一下呢 |
[14:07] | Uh, you want a glass of water? | 想要喝杯水吗 |
[14:11] | – Yeah, that’d be great. – Great! | -好 挺好的 -太棒了 |
[14:28] | So when were you first diagnosed | 阿德金斯太太 你第一次被诊断出 |
[14:30] | With alzheimer’s, Mrs. Adkins? | 患有老年痴呆症是什么时候 |
[14:32] | About a year ago I think. | 我想差不多是一年之前 |
[14:35] | It was three years ago now. | 是三年之前 |
[14:38] | Oh. And what did your doctor say | 医生是怎么说的 |
[14:42] | – When he told you? – Well, it was like a bomb. | -何时告诉你的 -就像是个炸弹 |
[14:45] | He said she had alzheimer’s | 他说她患有老年痴呆症 |
[14:48] | And it’d come to a point | 会严重到一种地步 |
[14:51] | Where she wouldn’t be able to… | 她将无法 |
[14:55] | – There is… – Dress herself. | -的确会 -自己穿衣 |
[14:58] | She wouldn’t be able to take a bath. | 她将无法自己洗澡 |
[15:00] | What what are some of the other fears you have? | 你还害怕什么吗 |
[15:05] | That I wouldn’t know that this is my husband | 我害怕我将认不出我的丈夫 |
[15:09] | And my children, | 我的孩子 |
[15:13] | Or “Who am I? “ | 甚至忘记自己是谁 |
[15:15] | You’re sensing the loss of things. | 你感受到了失去 |
[15:19] | Loss loss loss loss loss. | 失去 失去 失去 失去 |
[15:22] | So let’s talk about that if you could. | 我们看看你能否记起 |
[15:27] | What happened today, for instance? | 比如说 今天发生了什么 |
[15:29] | – What happened today? – You tell me. | -今天发生了什么 -你告诉我 |
[15:30] | I don’t even know what happened today. | 我甚至记不起今天的事 |
[15:32] | She went out into the yard and then | 她走到院子里 然后 |
[15:38] | What I could see was | 我能看到 |
[15:40] | She stood there in the yard | 她站在院子里 |
[15:43] | And I could see from behind her | 我从背后就能看出 |
[15:46] | That she didn’t know where she was. | 她不知道自己身处何地 |
[15:49] | She didn’t know to turn around, | 她不知道转过身 |
[15:52] | That was the backdoor of the house. | 就是自家房子的后门 |
[15:54] | She didn’t know that that was the gate to go out to the street. | 她不知道出了那扇门就能走到街上 |
[15:57] | She just– she didn’t know what to do. | 她只是 她不知道该干什么 |
[16:02] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[16:04] | When I talked to your doctor | 当我试着和你的医生谈谈时 |
[16:06] | First of all, he would hardly speak with me. | 一开始 他并不想和我交谈 |
[16:08] | But when he did | 但是当他愿意时 |
[16:10] | What your doctor was trying to communicate to me | 你的医生竭尽全力想告诉我 |
[16:11] | Was that you’re not imminently terminal. | 你的病不会马上到达末期 |
[16:14] | Do you understand? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[16:15] | Yes, I–I– I understand. | 是的 我 我 我懂的 |
[16:17] | – And I understand – Should I make some tea for us? | -而且我明白 -要喝些茶吗 |
[16:20] | – Jack? – That’s frightening. | -杰克 -太可怕了 |
[16:23] | If I don’t make this decision right now | 如果我现在不做决定 |
[16:25] | Jack, do you want some tea? | 杰克 要喝茶吗 |
[16:27] | I’ll never be able to. | 我将永远没办法做了 |
[16:28] | Margo, I don’t know what we’re doing. | 玛格 我不知道我们在做些什么 |
[16:32] | Look at her. | 看看她 |
[16:34] | Look at her. | 看看她 |
[16:36] | She looks well to me. | 她看起来挺健康 |
[16:39] | She looks quite capable, no? | 也具备一定自理能力 不是吗 |
[16:43] | She’s not the right one. | 她不符合条件 |
[16:45] | But she has the right. | 但她具有权利 |
[16:48] | As a patient, it’s her choice. | 作为一名病人 这是她的选择 |
[16:51] | I refuse to die a slow death. | 我拒绝慢慢死去 |
[16:53] | Come on, Jack. | 别这样 杰克 |
[16:55] | You know how things are gonna be perceived. | 你应该知道大众会如何看待这些事 |
[16:56] | – I don’t care. – The media’s gonna all over it. | -我不在乎 -媒体会争相报道 |
[16:58] | – I know. – You’re gonna have to tell her yes. | -我知道 -你将要告诉她可以 |
[17:00] | – I know. – You have to be strategic. | -我知道 -你要考虑周全 |
[17:02] | Margo, what do we care about the media? | 玛格 我们干嘛在乎媒体 |
[17:04] | Who cares? | 谁又在乎呢 |
[17:06] | Look. Sometimes in life | 听着 有时候在生活中 |
[17:09] | there are strategies that you have to take, | 你需要懂得深谋远虑 |
[17:11] | Because we have to be very careful about our purpose. | 因为我们必须仔细处理我们的目标 |
[17:14] | -Our purpose is important. -Well, what about her?! | – 目标很重要 – 那么她怎么办 |
[17:16] | Who cares what people think? | 谁管别人是怎么想的 |
[17:18] | It’s what my patient feels. | 重要的是我病人的感受 |
[17:22] | She doesn’t know each day what she’s gonna find | 她不知道当她每天照镜子时 |
[17:26] | When she looks in the mirror. | 她会看到些什么 |
[17:27] | She doesn’t know if she’s gonna see herself there anymore. | 她不知道能否再次认出镜中的自己 |
[17:30] | This is her terror. | 这就是她的恐惧 |
[17:32] | This is what she goes through, day in and day out. | 这就是她要经受的痛苦 日复一日 |
[17:35] | The terror of being… | 恐惧于 |
[17:40] | Lost. | 失去 |
[17:45] | – Jack. – She’s running out of time. | -杰克 -她时间已经不多了 |
[17:47] | I understand that. | 我知道 |
[17:51] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[17:54] | If it was me, if I was her, | 假如那是我 假如我是她 |
[17:56] | If I was in the same situation, would you do it? | 假如我与她处境相同 你会怎么做 |
[17:59] | You, Margo? | 你吗 玛格 |
[17:59] | Yes, me, Margo. | 是的 我 玛格 |
[18:01] | Would you do it for me? | 你也会这么做吗 |
[18:01] | Of course I’d do it. Yes | 当然 我会 是的 |
[18:02] | – You would do it? You know that? – Sure. | -你会吗 你确定吗 -当然 |
[18:05] | If I saw the same look of determination in your eyes | 假如我在你眼中看到了 |
[18:08] | As I saw in hers, of course I’d do it. | 和她一样的决心 当然我会做的 |
[18:11] | No question about it. | 毫无疑问 |
[18:13] | My own sister. In truth, I’d do it. | 为了我的姐妹 真的 我会这么做 |
[18:16] | – You’d do it? – Mm-hmm. | -你会 -是的 |
[18:19] | That’s your answer. | 这就是你的回答 |
[18:20] | Yeah, I know. | 是的 我了解 |
[18:23] | I just wanted to work this through, you know? | 我只是想解决这个问题 你明白吗 |
[18:25] | Just go through the variables. | 只是想排除所有的变量因素 |
[18:28] | “Who am I? “ | 我是谁 |
[18:29] | And you’re aware of your decision? | 你能意识到自己在做的是什么决定吗 |
[18:31] | – Yes. – Let ’em come after me. | -是的 -让他们冲着我来吧 |
[18:34] | Let ’em come after a real physician. | 让他们冲向一个真正的医生 |
[18:37] | The end of my life. | 我生命的终结 |
[18:40] | I think I’m gonna make us some tea right now. | 我想我应该马上沏壶茶 |
[18:43] | Make it strong, will you? | 浓一点 可以吧 |
[18:45] | – Yeah. – The word for “The end of life.” | -好 -意味着生命终结的是 |
[18:49] | – Death. – By the way… | -死亡 -问一下 |
[18:51] | This is what you wish? | 这真的是你所希望的吗 |
[18:52] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 是的 是 我希望这么做 |
[18:55] | Where are we gonna do this? | 我们要在哪进行呢 |
[18:58] | Some people think we brew up poisonous potions | 一些人认为我们是在煮一锅毒汤 |
[19:00] | Like witches from gallows hill. | 就像是来自绞刑山的巫婆所做的 |
[19:02] | Others think it’s “Take two hemlock pills | 另一些人则认为 吞两片毒药 |
[19:04] | And meet your maker in the morning.” | 早上就能去见造物主了 |
[19:05] | Well, surprise surprise | 奇特 奇特 |
[19:07] | There’s no such thing as a hemlock pill. | 但事实上并没有这种毒药 |
[19:10] | We offer assistance | 我们提供协助 |
[19:14] | And advanced directives, | 以及先进的指导 |
[19:15] | D.N.Rs — “Do not resuscitate” | 安乐死 不采取心肺复苏术 |
[19:18] | Wills, hospice care, | 遗嘱 医疗救助 |
[19:20] | But we do not dispense drugs, | 但我们并不提供药物 |
[19:23] | We do not pull plugs. | 也不会实施安乐死 |
[19:25] | We started this chapter because we believe | 我们开办这个分会是因为我们相信 |
[19:28] | that to each person, their own way of death | 每一个人都应该死得 |
[19:32] | With dignity. | 有尊严 |
[19:35] | Oh, Miss Good, | 古德女士 |
[19:36] | I can carry that for you. | 我可以帮你搬 |
[19:38] | That would’ve been nice, dr. Kevorkian, | 那太好了 科沃基恩医生 |
[19:40] | But it’s a little late now, don’t you think? | 但是现在也有些晚了 你不觉得吗 |
[19:42] | And it’s “Missus. “ | 而且该称我为太太 |
[19:45] | -Missus? -Yup. | – 太太 – 是的 |
[19:46] | Oh. Good. | 好的 |
[19:49] | So– so you know who I am? | 所以 所以你知道我是谁 |
[19:51] | What do I look like, June Cleaver? | 我看起来像谁 琼 克利文吗 |
[19:53] | What can I do for you? | 你想要什么 |
[19:56] | Well, uh… | 呃 |
[19:57] | I, umm | 我 呃 |
[19:59] | I have my first patient, | 我有了第一个病人 |
[20:01] | – But what I don’t have… – Is a place. | -但是我没有 -一个进行的地方 |
[20:04] | – Yes. – And you’d like to use my home? | -是的 -所以你想用我家吗 |
[20:09] | well, no. I thought you would know a place, | 不是 我以为你能知道一个地方 |
[20:13] | But if I could use your home, that would be just fine. | 但假如能使用你家的话 就再好不过了 |
[20:16] | – Sure. – Well, if you’re gonna come to my home, | -当然 -如果你想来我家 |
[20:19] | You’re gonna have to dress more cheerfully. | 你就该穿得喜庆点 |
[20:31] | If you’ve never actually tested that before, | 如果你从未测试过 |
[20:33] | How do you know it’s gonna work? | 你怎么知道它行得通呢 |
[20:35] | Because I made it. | 因为是我做的 |
[20:37] | I wish you had a stronger argument than that. | 我希望你能有个更有力的说法 |
[20:42] | Hey, whatever I can do to lend a hand tomorrow, let me know. | 明天有什么需要我做的 只管开口 |
[20:47] | Oh, on this one, Neal, | 关于这一点 尼尔 |
[20:49] | This first one, | 第一次 |
[20:51] | I want it to be me and Margo. | 我希望是我和玛格 |
[20:53] | Just us. | 只有我俩 |
[21:02] | Am I hearing a phone or is it my…? | 是我听到了电话铃声还是… |
[21:08] | I’ve gotta remember to install one by the couch. | 我记起来我在沙发边装了部电话 |
[21:12] | Your house. | 你的房子 |
[21:14] | Dr. Kevorkian’s. This is Debby. | 科沃基恩医生家 我是黛比 |
[21:18] | Oh, hang on, miss good. | 别挂 古德女士 |
[21:20] | Janet Good. | 詹妮特 古德 |
[21:24] | – Ooh, there we go. – Hey, Janet. | – 给你 – 你好 詹妮特 |
[21:26] | I don’t know how to say this, so I’m just gonna say it. | 我不知道该怎么开口 那就直说了 |
[21:28] | I’m sorry. I know it’s the last minute, | 我很抱歉 现在已经是最后关头了 |
[21:31] | But my husband Ray– he’s a retired police captain | 但是我丈夫雷 他退休前是警队长官 |
[21:35] | And he feels very strongly | 对于使用我们的屋子 |
[21:38] | that we can’t use our house. | 他意见很大 |
[21:39] | He feels that it would put us at risk. | 他觉得这会让我们陷入危险当中 |
[21:40] | Are you kidding me? | 你是在开玩笑吗 |
[21:41] | Lady, are you kidding me? | 女士 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[21:43] | I’ve got Margo at the airport | 我已经让玛格在机场 |
[21:45] | Picking these people up as we speak. | 按原计划接那些人了 |
[21:47] | – You can’t do this to me. – Oh. Yeah, well, | -你不能这么做 -是的 |
[21:50] | I could make some other suggestions. | 我可以提供别的建议 |
[21:52] | There’s nothing further to be gained by talking to you. | 和你再讨论下去也于事无补 |
[21:59] | What now? | 现在怎么办 |
[22:05] | Call the whole thing off? | 把一切取消吗 |
[22:09] | Although | 尽管如此 |
[22:24] | Okay. | 好了 |
[22:32] | I hope she like parks and volkswagens. | 希望她会喜欢公园和大众汽车 |
[22:37] | Jack’s made all the arrangements | 杰克把一切都安排妥当了 |
[22:40] | Mm-hmm. Good. | 很好 |
[22:42] | Margo’s going to take me to the airport shortly. | 玛格随即就会把我送至机场 |
[22:48] | It’s best for me to go home, | 我最好还是回到家里 |
[22:52] | should anything happen with the police later on. | 以免事后惊扰警方 |
[22:58] | Yes. | 好 |
[23:45] | Okay. | 好了 |
[23:54] | Our gardener comes on Thursday. He’s going to plant marigolds. | 我们家的花匠周四会过来栽种万寿菊 |
[24:03] | Marigolds protect the garden. | 万寿菊开花后就会环绕着整座花园 |
[24:10] | It’s not too late, my dear. You know? | 现在后悔还来得及 知道吗 亲爱的 |
[24:14] | We can stop right now. | 我们可以马上停下来 |
[24:16] | You wouldn’t offend me. | 这不会让我不开心的 |
[24:20] | Do you understand? You wouldn’t offend me. | 你听懂了吗 我不会不开心的 |
[24:31] | Tell me when to flip the switch. | 告诉我 何时按下开关 |
[24:47] | Whenever you’re– – | 只要你 |
[25:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:52] | “When a patient in agony dies, | 当病人痛不欲生时 |
[25:54] | then a doctor’s true calling implies | 医生的职业操守就会指引他们 |
[25:58] | one should do what is best, at the patient’s request, | 满足病人的要求 帮助他们 |
[26:02] | for humane, quick and painless demise.” | 人道地 有尊严地 无痛地死去 |
[26:35] | I told you they couldn’t keep me. | 我早就告诉过你他们不可能抓我 |
[26:37] | – Come in, come in. – They’ve got nothing to charge me on. | -上车 上车 -他们没有证据控告我 |
[26:40] | All right. All right. | 行了 行了 |
[26:43] | Has he no regard for the sanctity of life? | 他难道不知道生命神圣不可侵犯吗 |
[26:45] | How dare he call himself a doctor? | 他怎么敢称自己为医生 |
[26:48] | What can we charge him with? | 我们能控告他什么呢 |
[26:50] | The medical examiner said he had no choice | 法医说 他无能为力 |
[26:51] | but to rule it a suicide. | 只能鉴定为自杀 |
[26:53] | I just can’t stop thinking about yesterday, how it all went. | 我总忍不住回想昨天 回想整个事情经过 |
[26:59] | I guess somehow I just thought the whole thing would be nicer. | 我总觉得 这事儿其实可以做的更圆满 |
[27:04] | Could be nicer? | 更圆满 |
[27:05] | – Yeah. – How, “Nicer”? | -对 -怎么个圆满法呢 |
[27:08] | Does this look like compassion to you, David? | 看出其中的怜悯了吗 大卫 |
[27:11] | Compassion? | 怜悯 |
[27:13] | He kills a woman and he calls it compassion? | 他杀害了一位妇女 还把这称作怜悯 |
[27:19] | If this guy Thompson wants to arrest me, | 如果这个汤普森想要抓我 |
[27:22] | Let him arrest me. I don’t care. | 就尽管来吧 我可不在乎 |
[27:24] | I’m not a busy man, you know. | 我又不是什么大人物 |
[27:27] | We have to get you a lawyer. | 我们得给你请律师 |
[27:29] | I don’t want a lawyer. | 我不需要律师 |
[27:31] | Jack, they’re threatening | 杰克 他们扬言 |
[27:33] | to bring you up on murder charges. | 要以谋杀罪控告你 |
[27:35] | You need a lawyer. | 你真的很需要律师的帮助 |
[27:36] | I don’t know any lawyers. | 可我并不认识哪个律师啊 |
[27:38] | There’s this one guy I see on TV all the time. | 我在电视上看到过一位律师张贴广告 |
[27:42] | You’re gonna get him. | 你和他联系一下吧 |
[27:44] | He does these medical malpractice commercials. | 他是做医疗事故广告的 |
[27:49] | Is that a new wig? | 你戴了新假发 |
[27:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:53] | Why? It’s rum raisin. | 怎么说起这个来 酒红色的 |
[27:55] | I think it makes me look a little more fetching. | 这颜色能让我显得更加迷人 |
[28:00] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[28:02] | Is that silly? | 很傻吗 |
[28:03] | I don’t know. I– I don’t know. | 我不知道 我 不知道 |
[28:05] | I don’t understand wigs, but that’s just me. | 我不懂假发 没办法 我就这德性 |
[28:09] | One day, you know, I’m going to turn around– | 总有一天 我会回头 |
[28:11] | Girls, I don’t think the good doctor sways to fancy. | 姑娘们 别以为死亡医生有多么莫测高深 |
[28:15] | Hide the perrier. | 也就俗人一个 |
[28:20] | – This way. – How good can this guy be | -这边请 -在没有电梯的地方办公的人 |
[28:24] | if there’s no elevators? | 会好到哪儿去呢 |
[28:25] | Let me tell you something about Dick Thompson. | 我来给你们粗略介绍一下迪克 汤普森的情况 |
[28:28] | He may be a card-carrying member of the religious right, | 他可能是宗教右派的正式会员 |
[28:30] | But he doesn’t have a pot to piss in, | 苦于没有证据 |
[28:32] | charging Jack with murder. | 无法控告杰克的谋杀罪名 |
[28:34] | He didn’t kill anyone. | 他从没杀过人 |
[28:36] | Nullum crimen, nulla poena sine lege. | 法外无罪 法外无刑[罪刑法定原则] |
[28:39] | – “No crime…” – “… No punishment without law.” | -法外无罪 -法外无刑 |
[28:42] | – Yeah. – The man knows his latin. | -对 -这人还懂拉丁文 |
[28:45] | I also know Mcnally, the district judge, | 我还认识这儿的地区法官麦克纳利 |
[28:48] | and no way in hell is he gonna let this move forward. | 他是绝对不会让任由迪克胡来的 |
[28:50] | But understand, these extremists will do | 但我们也得明白 这些极端分子 |
[28:52] | everything under the sun to stop you from doing this again. | 总会在光天化日之下弄些惊人之举来阻挠你 |
[28:55] | They have no recourse to stop me. | 他们没办法阻止我 |
[28:57] | Did you videotape | 你之前有没有录下 |
[28:58] | your conversations with Janet Adkins? | 你和詹妮特 阿德金斯的对话 |
[29:02] | – Yeah. – Yes, I did. | -有 -我录下了 |
[29:04] | – Why? – Good. Good. | -问起这个干吗 -很好 |
[29:06] | Well, you see, courtrooms are theaters of conscience. | 法庭就是道德伦理剧的舞台 |
[29:09] | If we show your patients pleading for your help, | 如果我们能提供病人向你求助的证据 |
[29:12] | if we lay out the gut-wrenching emotions of it all, | 展现出其痛不欲生的情状 |
[29:16] | that’s your golden ticket. | 那你就胜券在握了 |
[29:19] | No jury will convict you with me at your side. | 陪审团不会判你有罪 |
[29:22] | I simply do not lose. | 而我也不会输了这场官司 |
[29:25] | He’s a wolverine. Wolverine. | 他真是一头金刚狼 金刚狼 |
[29:29] | Yeah, I was a theater major. | 当然 我之前主修戏剧 |
[29:32] | I did an unforgettable Giles Corey | 大四那年 我在激情年代中 |
[29:34] | in “The Crucible” Senior year. | 扮演的贾尔斯 科里大受好评 |
[29:37] | My mother ill has the reviews in her pocket. | 直到现在 我妈妈还时常提及 |
[29:38] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[29:40] | I can’t afford to pay you. | 但我无力负担你的律师费 |
[29:42] | Oh, you don’t have to pay me. | 我不收钱 |
[29:43] | I’ll do it for free. | 我免费为你打这场官司 |
[29:44] | Let them keep trying to prove this is a crime, | 就让他们极力去证明你有罪 |
[29:46] | and we’ll keep proving it’s a civil rights issue. | 然后我们再告诉他们这仅仅事关公民人权 |
[29:51] | So that do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[29:53] | She’s a good judge of character. | 她在看人方面也是个法官 |
[29:55] | That’s a wig she’s wearing. | 所以她才戴着假发 |
[29:58] | – Oh. – Rum raisin. | -真的吗 -酒红色的 |
[30:02] | – Jack. – I like it. | -杰克 -这颜色不错 |
[30:06] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢夸奖 -不客气 |
[30:09] | The– “The morning drive show”? | 叫 叫 今日早播报 |
[30:11] | Yeah, he wanted me to ask you | 是的 他让我问问你 |
[30:13] | if you’d come on as a guest. | 是否愿意担任嘉宾 |
[30:15] | Sounds to 10:00 in the morning. | 好像是早上10点档 |
[30:16] | It’s got a big audience. | 这个节目的收听率非常高 |
[30:18] | You know, people driving to work listen to it. | 人们一边开车去上班一边收听 |
[30:20] | He keeps it pretty light. | 所以节目的话题一般很轻松 |
[30:22] | like… kick a record. | 比如 唱片什么的 |
[30:24] | Well, I never heard of it. | 我从没听说过这档节目 |
[30:26] | But I’ll do it, sure. | 但我愿意参加 |
[30:32] | Good morning, everybody. | 早上好 听众朋友们 |
[30:33] | This is “The bob bender show,””The morning drive show. “ | 这里是由鲍勃 本德主持的今日早播报 |
[30:34] | Today it’s a special edition– | 今天的这一期内容比较特别 |
[30:37] | It’s “The morning die show,” | 叫做今日死亡播报 |
[30:39] | Because of my special guest, Dr. Jack Kevorkian. | 我们请来了特别嘉宾杰克 科沃基恩医生 |
[30:42] | He’s a local boy from here in “De-troit.” | 他可是我们底特律人 |
[30:44] | You might know him better as Dr. Death. | 也许听众朋友们对死亡医生更为熟悉 |
[30:47] | I like to say he is the last doctor you will ever need. | 我猜他是你需要的最后一名医生 |
[30:50] | I actually heard somebody refer to you as Dr. | 我曾经听说以前有人把你称为 |
[30:52] | Frankenstein the other day | 弗兰肯斯坦医生 |
[30:53] | because of your rather active organ-procurement program. | 因为你在器官采购市场上表现相当活跃 |
[30:57] | Well, I’m gonna take that as a compliment, | 我情愿把这话视为一种褒奖 |
[30:59] | because anyone who’s read the story of Frankenstein | 任何读过弗兰肯斯坦传记的人 |
[31:02] | knows that he was a benevolent man | 都知道他心存仁慈 |
[31:07] | and it was society who made the monster bad. | 是社会将他逼入绝境 |
[31:10] | Well, I find it impossible to believe, | 这观点可真人难以接受 |
[31:13] | but our lines are lighting up | 现在 节目热线已经开始爆满 |
[31:14] | and my producer tells me | 编导方才告诉我 |
[31:15] | 40% to 50% of our callers say “Hey,you’re right.” | 四到五成打进场内的听众 都赞同你的观点 |
[31:18] | So maybe I shouldn’t go on. | 也许我该适可而止了 |
[31:20] | Let’s quit while I’m ahead. | 我们还是换个话题吧 |
[31:22] | – Well, don’t die on me now, Doc. – No no no. | -别让我难做嘛 医生 -没有 没有 |
[31:24] | Sorry, I had to say that. | 对不起 我们还是换个话题吧 |
[31:25] | Tell me a little bit about your Mercitron, | 那就谈谈你的安乐死机器吧 |
[31:27] | Something I hope the– | 我想观众肯定 |
[31:28] | See? He’s doing good. | 看 他表现得多么出色啊 |
[31:30] | – Yeah. – Sharp as a tack. | -是啊 -简直锋芒万丈 |
[31:34] | It’s good that people realize what’s at stake here. | 人们是能够自己掌握生死大权的 |
[31:37] | I me, self-determination is | 自主决定生死 |
[31:40] | a basic human right | 是人类拥有的最基本的权利 |
[31:43] | and everyone should have it. | 人人都应该享有它 |
[31:46] | By flipping the switch on your suicide machine, | 你是说 都有权按下你自杀机器上的按钮 |
[31:48] | kind of like hitting this button here. | 就像是我们演播室里的这种吗 |
[31:51] | Well, sure, or carbon monoxide, | 当然 或者用一氧化碳 |
[31:55] | which actually is a quicker procedure. | 这种方式更为快捷 |
[31:58] | And I can assure you as a pathologist | 作为一位病理学家 我可以向你保证 |
[32:00] | gas inhalation always leaves the deceased | 吸进的一氧化碳 会让死者在弥留之际 |
[32:04] | with a rosy, colorful afterglow. | 有一种美妙而幻灭的感觉 |
[32:07] | Well, hopefully our listeners | 真希望我们的听众朋友今早 |
[32:08] | aren’t listening in their garages this morning. | 没在车库里收听我们的节目 |
[32:09] | If they are, | 如果他们在 |
[32:10] | open the door. | 一定要打开车库门 |
[32:13] | We’re getting rather ghoulish here 55 in the morning. | 节目进行到55分钟 谈话内容越来越诡异了 |
[32:17] | You are live with Bob Bender. | 我是主持人鲍勃 本德 |
[32:19] | And I hesitate to say “Ve,” Doctor, | 我不知道是否该叫您医生 |
[32:21] | because we’re talking death with Dr. Death. | 因为我正在和死亡医生谈论死亡 |
[32:24] | And if you want to end it, | 如果你想实行安乐死 |
[32:25] | call Dr. Kevorkian. | 就请与科沃基恩医生联系吧 |
[32:27] | – That’s k-e-v-o-r-k-i-a-n. – This is not an ad. | -具体的拼写为k-e-v-o-r-k-i-a-n -我们还在做节目呢 |
[32:31] | I just don’t want to give the wrong impression. | 我可不愿被误以为是到节目里来打广告的 |
[32:33] | I am not here advertising. I’m– I’m– | 我不是来做广告的 我 我 |
[32:50] | Hi, there. | 你好 是我 |
[32:56] | Oh, no. Not you, lady. | 怎么是你 |
[32:57] | Oh, stop it. Stop it. | 听我说 你听我说 |
[32:58] | Stay away from me, lady. | 离我远点 女士 |
[33:00] | I don’t bite. I’m sorry I backed out on you that way, | 我没有恶意 我是为上次临时变卦道歉来的 |
[33:03] | But that’s water under the bridge. | 但那些都已经过去了 |
[33:04] | I think we need to have a conversation. | 我觉得我们有必要谈一谈 |
[33:05] | – Water under the bridge? – Yeah. | -过去了 -对 |
[33:07] | I ended up using my V. W. Van in the park. | 我的大众打从公园回来就不能用了 |
[33:10] | Water under the bridge? | 都过去了 |
[33:12] | That was very resourceful of you. | 你可真会借题发挥啊 |
[33:14] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[33:15] | I know that you’re upset, | 我知道你为此事烦心 |
[33:16] | but you have to let it go. | 但你总得把事情放下吧 |
[33:17] | We need to have a bigger conversation. | 我们得好好谈一谈 |
[33:20] | And that’s a much better sweater. | 这毛衣看上去挺不错的 |
[33:24] | It’s more cheerful. | 把你衬得很精神 |
[33:28] | You know, I don’t get many visitors up here, | 我这里不常接待客人的 |
[33:32] | women especially. | 特别是女客人 |
[33:34] | With your charms, I’m shoed. | 你这么有魅力 我很难信服 |
[33:40] | I hope you like it. | 希望你能喜欢 |
[33:42] | – I made it just for you. – Thank you. | -我特地为你做的 -谢谢 |
[33:48] | You know, Doc, you have to stop | 医生 你别再极力 |
[33:50] | pushing for organ donations. | 推广器官捐赠了 |
[33:53] | It’d be better if you just focused on one thing at a time. | 也许一次只做一件事情 结果会更好 |
[33:58] | That sounds like it comes straight out | 这话听上去怎么像是迂腐的铁杉协会 |
[34:00] | of the old hemlock society playbook. | 教材上的课文 |
[34:03] | I’m the first to admit hemlock has its faults. | 我可是首个指出铁杉协会有错的人 |
[34:05] | That’s why I’m here. That’s why I agree | 所以我今天才会来找你 所以 |
[34:07] | that it should be self-determination without compromise. | 我赞成个人无条件拥有自主的权利 |
[34:11] | And for the record, I also agree | 我也申明过 我认同 |
[34:13] | that “Terminally ill” Is an undefinable term. | “救治无望” 是一个模糊的术语 |
[34:15] | So I say establish your criteria– | 所以 我想为你建立起一套准则 |
[34:19] | You know, multiple doctor examinations, | 其中包括 各方医师的检查 |
[34:21] | psych assessments– | 心理评估 |
[34:22] | make sure that all physical treatments | 以证明所有的医疗措施 |
[34:24] | have been exhausted | 都无法挽救病人的生命了 |
[34:26] | and maybe the blessing of a priest | 可能还包括牧师的祷告 |
[34:29] | or a rabbi would be good. | 或者犹太祭司什么的 |
[34:32] | Funny. | 有意思 |
[34:34] | My mom used to make these for us, only with a pickle | 我妈妈以前也总做这个 但只用腌菜 |
[34:37] | and no crusts. | 不用面包皮 |
[34:38] | Sorry about the crust. | 我得为面包皮向你抱歉 |
[34:40] | I usually cut them off, | 我通常都会把它们切下来 |
[34:42] | but somehow I thought you’d like crust. | 但我总觉得你喜欢吃这个 |
[34:48] | She was tortured in a nursing home till the day she died– | 她生前住在一家疗养院里 饱受病痛的折磨 |
[34:52] | Mind gone, | 整日神志不清 |
[34:53] | bed sores the size of dinner plates. | 身上还长了个餐盘大小的褥疮 |
[34:55] | If you looked in them, you could see her spine. | 如果你往里看看 都可以看到她的脊椎骨 |
[35:00] | Who was it for you? Your mother? | 你呢 你妈妈 |
[35:03] | Your father? | 或是你爸爸的事情 |
[35:04] | I don’t see any pictures anywhere of anybody. | 这房间里怎么连一张照片都没有呢 |
[35:09] | You know, maybe you’re right, what you said before. | 也许你刚刚说的 有点道理 |
[35:14] | One thing at a time. | 一次做好一件事情 |
[35:20] | Fair enough. | 不错 |
[35:21] | So, umm… | 那 |
[35:24] | I was snooping around a little bit. | 我之前曾在这附近打探过 |
[35:26] | – Oh yeah. – Can you tell me | -对 -你能跟我说说 |
[35:29] | about Marjorie Wantz and Sherry Miller? | 马乔莉 旺茨和雪莉 米勒的情况吗 |
[35:34] | Sure. Ms. Miller has M.S. | 当然 米勒女士患有多发性硬化症 |
[35:37] | And she’s had it for a decade. | 已经十年了 |
[35:39] | She has hardly a motor skill left. | 几乎没什么行动的能力 |
[35:41] | Her husband took off a month after the diagnosis. | 丈夫在确诊一个月后就离开了 |
[35:45] | And we’ve got mrs. Wantz who has severe pelvic pain. | 旺茨女士则有严重的骨盆疼痛 |
[35:49] | She’s had 10 operations, all for naught. | 做了十次手术都是徒劳 |
[35:52] | The pain’s completely debilitating. | 疼痛使得她极其虚弱 |
[35:55] | I’ve thought about it a long time. | 我已经想了很久了 |
[35:57] | A long time. | 很久了 |
[35:59] | Yeah, I have, | 是的 |
[36:01] | And I have no qualms about my decision. | 我不怀疑我的决定 |
[36:07] | I could do it tonight. | 今天晚上都行 |
[36:09] | What is it you want? | 你想要怎样 |
[36:11] | – Put it in plain english. – Yeah, I want– I want to die. | -直白地说吧 -对 我想死 |
[36:15] | – That’s plain enough. – Yup. Yup. | – 真够直白的了 -没错 |
[36:19] | You don’t wanna have one more thanksgiving with your kids? | 你不想和孩子们再过一个感恩节了 |
[36:24] | No no no. | 不 绝不 |
[36:26] | I just want it over quick. | 我只想要死个痛快 |
[36:30] | I have no fear. | 我什么都不怕了 |
[36:33] | I have tried, myself, | 我自己已经试了三次了 |
[36:34] | three different times and I have not succeeded. | 三次都没成功 |
[36:38] | I tried it, as you know, with the car. | 你也知道我用过车 |
[36:40] | – Mm-hmm. – I put the hose on the exhaust | -恩 -我用管子把排气管 |
[36:43] | And into the window. | 从车窗接近去 |
[36:45] | I stayed in the car over three hours | 在车里呆了三个多小时 |
[36:47] | and I tried it three times. Nothing happened. | 我试过三次 一点用都没有 |
[36:50] | I get a half hour, an hour sleep at night | 我吃了药以及安眠药 |
[36:52] | with all the pills and sleeping pills I take. | 但我晚上只能睡着半个到一个小时 |
[36:55] | And it’s– when you’ve got no quality | 当你活着却没有 |
[36:59] | of life left, | 任何生活质量时 |
[37:00] | It’s– no. No more. | 就没什么意义了 |
[37:05] | If I do one of you, | 如果我帮了你们其中一个人 |
[37:08] | there’s a chance they’ll send me to jail. | 他们可能会把我送进监狱 |
[37:09] | I won’t be able to do the other. | 就没办法帮另外一个了 |
[37:19] | It’s right there. | 就在那 |
[37:25] | What’s going on here, huh? | 发生什么事了 |
[37:27] | They’re dead. Wait till you see this. | 有人死了 过来看这个 |
[37:30] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[37:31] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[37:35] | Two at a time now. | 一次两个了现在 |
[37:37] | What’s next, a baker’s dozen? | 以后呢 十三个吗[十三在国外认为不吉利] |
[37:39] | – Right this way. – Don’t touch that. | -就是这边 -别动 |
[37:40] | I’m gonna say all you did was drive me up here. | 我就说你只负责开车送我上来 |
[37:44] | As long as they don’t put us in the same cell, | 只要他们不把我们关一个房间 |
[37:46] | – I’m fine. – You should be so lucky. | -我没事 -你真走运 |
[37:48] | No no no no no. Sir, it’s just him we want. | 不是的 我们就要他 |
[37:51] | Dr. Jack Kevorkian has been involved in a double suicide | 杰克 科沃基恩医生与一起双人自杀案有关 |
[37:55] | at the bald mountain recreation area up near lake orion. | 案发在猎户湖边平山娱乐区上 |
[37:58] | We’re trying to get in touch | 我们正试图与 |
[37:59] | with our correspondent up at the scene there | 现场人员联系 |
[38:02] | about 40 miles north of detroit. | 就在底特律以北40公里处 |
[38:04] | Details are sketchy. | 具体细节尚未有定论 |
[38:06] | – Again, it appears that dr. Jack Kevorkian… – Fieger! | -杰克 科沃基恩医生似乎确实 -费戈 |
[38:09] | …has indeed assisted a double suicide this evening. | 协助了今晚的双人自杀 |
[38:13] | – Here we go. – We’re going to go live to the scene now. | -好了 -我们马上要去现场进行直播 |
[38:16] | – And stay on the story. – Bobby! | -请不要离开 -鲍比 |
[38:19] | Where’s Jack? | 杰克在哪 |
[38:20] | – Can you comment on… – This is ridiculous. | -您有什么评论 -这太荒唐了 |
[38:23] | It’s absurd. No crime has been committed. | 太荒谬了 没人犯什么罪 |
[38:26] | Release him. Release him now. | 放了他 现在就放了他 |
[38:29] | Everybody settle down. | 大家都各就各位 |
[38:32] | Is this live? | 这是直播吗 |
[38:33] | – Dr. Kevorkian! – This better be live. | -科沃基恩医生 -这最好是直播 |
[38:35] | – Can we get your statement, sir? – Two very sick | -您能说两句吗 -两位病情严重 |
[38:37] | but wonderful women died here tonight by their own choosing. | 但有美好人格的女士今晚决定结束自己的生命 |
[38:40] | Dr. Kevorkian was only acting out | 科沃基恩医生只是尽了他 |
[38:43] | as– as– as their physician. | 作为医生的责任 |
[38:45] | He did not force anyone to come up here. | 他没有强迫任何人到这来 |
[38:48] | Mr. Thompson, if you’re watching, | 汤普森先生 你如果在看 |
[38:51] | have the gall to charge dr. Kevorkian tonight. | 有胆的话今晚就给科沃基恩医生定罪 |
[38:54] | Bring it on! Do it tonight! | 来吧 今晚就来 |
[38:57] | Mr. Fieger! Mr. Fieger! Dr. Kevorkian! | 费戈先生 费戈先生 科沃基恩医生 |
[39:01] | Don’t let them do this to me. | 别让他们这样对我 |
[39:03] | This is how you play the media, Jack. | 这样才能利用媒体 杰克 |
[39:06] | Get ready to become the most famous doctor in the country. | 准备好吧 你马上就是全国最有名的医生了 |
[39:09] | Isn’t this murder? Would you care | 这不是谋杀吗 你能就信仰方面 |
[39:12] | to comment on the religious aspects of this? | 谈谈这件事吗 |
[39:13] | What were they suffering from? | 她们得的什么病 |
[39:28] | I need you to do your job, dr. Dragovic, | 你得做你的工作德拉古维奇医生 |
[39:30] | So I can do mine. | 我才能做我的 |
[39:32] | Science itself gives us no arguments, mr. Thompson. | 科学是不会说谎的汤普森先生 |
[39:43] | That’s the way you’re gonna do it. | 你就要这么做啊 |
[39:44] | I told you I’m not gonna touch your food. | 我说了我不会碰你们的食物的 |
[39:47] | It would be an admission of guilt, you know? | 我吃了就说明我有罪了 懂吗 |
[39:53] | I can go for weeks without food, | 我能几个星期都不吃东西的 |
[39:57] | Like ghandi. | 就像甘地一样 |
[39:58] | You’re looking worse than ghandi, jack. | 你看起来可比甘地差多了 杰克 |
[40:01] | – Yeah. – You look like one of your patients. | -是呀 -你就跟你的病人一样 |
[40:03] | It’s been three days. Come on. | 都三天了 吃点吧 |
[40:06] | I’m not moving. I’m not paying that bond. | 我不走 我不交保释金 |
[40:09] | You don’t have to. I did. | 你不需要付 我付的 |
[40:11] | – Come on, let’s go. – You didn’t. | -来吧 我们走 -你没有吧 |
[40:14] | You paid my bail? | 你交了我的保释金 |
[40:16] | Yeah, I bailed you out. Let’s go. | 是的 我保你出来 走吧 |
[40:20] | What kind of lawyer does that? | 哪有律师这么干的 |
[40:22] | What the matter with you, Geoff? | 你怎么回事 杰夫 |
[40:23] | Don’t you see I’m denying myself nourishment? | 你没看到我正绝食吗 |
[40:26] | I’m– I’m– I’m starving to death | 我都饿了三天了 |
[40:29] | for three days to make a point. | 就为了证明自己的观点 |
[40:32] | – I get it. I get it. – This is a protest. | -我知道 -这是抗议示威 |
[40:34] | They violated my rights. | 他们侵犯了我的权利 |
[40:36] | You’re not supposed to bail me out. | 你不应该保我出去的 |
[40:38] | It defeats the purpose. | 这是搬石头砸自己的脚 |
[40:40] | Oh, I should fire you, you know? | 我应该把你解雇的 你知道吗 |
[40:43] | We’re facing an indictment on Wantz and Miller. | 旺茨和米勒的案子我们被起诉了 |
[40:46] | – Oh. – Here. | -哦 -给你 |
[40:49] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[40:52] | Pie. | 馅饼 |
[40:53] | This is full of fat and sugar. Are you trying to kill me? | 全都是脂肪和糖 你想要害死我啊 |
[40:55] | Just eat the fucking pie, Jack. | 你就吃吧 杰克 |
[41:02] | Oh, and another thing– | 还有一件事 |
[41:03] | The state revoked your medical license. | 州政府吊销了你的行医执照 |
[41:05] | Good. They took away my career years ago. | 好啊 他们多少年前就结束了我的职业 |
[41:09] | It didn’t stop me, did it? | 也没能拦住我 不是吗 |
[41:11] | Yeah, well, it stops suppliers | 是啊 不过这样 |
[41:12] | from providing you with your poisons. | 就没人卖你毒药了 |
[41:15] | That’s what I’ve got deal for. | 我都跟他们讲好了 |
[41:20] | Where the hell are you going? | 你上哪去啊 |
[41:23] | Home. | 回家 |
[41:24] | Well, come on, I’ll give you a ride. My car’s up here. | 来吧 我送你 我车就在那 |
[41:26] | No, I need the exercise. | 不用 我需要运动 |
[41:28] | I need to get the blood flowing. | 让血液流通一下 |
[41:30] | We’ve got an offer to fly to New York | 有人请我们飞去纽约 |
[41:32] | to do the Barbara Walters show. | 上芭芭拉 沃尔特斯的节目 |
[41:33] | Well, if Barbara Walters wants me badly enough, | 如果芭芭拉 沃尔特斯真想见我的话 |
[41:37] | she knows where to find me. | 她知道上哪找我 |
[41:38] | Don’t make this complicated, Jack. | 别捣乱了 杰克 |
[41:40] | – Can’t do it. – This is important. | -我不行 -这事很重要 |
[41:44] | One too many passenger rides in a f-86 sabre | 我驻首尔的时候 |
[41:48] | when I was stationed in seoul. | 每次都太多人一起挤F86战斗机了 |
[41:50] | Flying scares the daylights out of me, geoff. | 我害怕坐飞机 杰夫 |
[41:55] | Nighty night! | 晚安啦 |
[42:32] | Doctor, let me be frank. | 医生 坦率地谈 |
[42:33] | You’re aware that people think you are a ghoul? | 你知道人们认为你是专偷尸体的 |
[42:37] | It’s emotionalism. | 这个太感情主义了 |
[42:39] | When heart transplants first started, | 心脏移植刚出现时 |
[42:43] | there was the same prevalent feeling, | 这种想法也很普遍 |
[42:45] | even among doctors, that it was wrong. | 甚至有些医生也觉得那样不对 |
[42:47] | It was contrary to god’s will, | 那样违背了上帝的意愿 |
[42:50] | contrary to nature. | 和自然对立 |
[42:52] | Isn’t it ghoulish to rip | 那切开一个人的胸膛 |
[42:55] | a person’s chest open | 拿掉他的心脏 |
[42:57] | and take out a heart, | 又或是切开胸膛做搭桥手术 |
[42:59] | or a bypass operation? | 就不让人感到毛骨悚然吗 |
[43:03] | Ether is the same thing. | 乙醚麻醉也是一样的 |
[43:04] | You have ether, been around for centuries– | 乙醚麻醉已经有几百年的历史 |
[43:07] | it wasn’t used, | 但一直到1846年 |
[43:09] | not till 1846. | 才被使用 |
[43:11] | It was discovered in 1543, and before that | 它是1543年被发现 再那之前 |
[43:14] | everybody was being operated on while they were awake! | 所有人都是醒着做手术的 |
[43:18] | Surgeons were cutting them open while they were awake. | 医生都是在他们醒着的时候动刀的 |
[43:21] | Did you know that, Geoff? | 你知道吗 杰夫 |
[43:22] | No. | 不知道 |
[43:23] | Oh, yes. And you know why it was banned? | 是啊 你知道它为什么被禁用吗 |
[43:26] | Because of religious dogma. | 因为宗教教条 |
[43:28] | Because of the foolish notion | 因为人们愚蠢的认为 |
[43:30] | that there’s a god almighty who wills us to suffer. | 有一个万能的上帝让我们承受痛苦 |
[43:35] | Do you turn patients down? | 你会拒绝病人吗 |
[43:37] | I turn– 97% to 98% | 我拒绝联系过我的 |
[43:40] | of the patients who contact me, I turn them down. | 97%到98%的病人 |
[43:42] | Should there be second opinions? | 有人有其他意见吗 |
[43:45] | Always a second opinion. A third opinion. | 总是会有其他意见的 |
[43:47] | – But there wasn’t in your case. – No, there wasn’t, | -但是你的情况没有 -没有 |
[43:51] | because no one cooperates with me. | 因为没有人和我合作 |
[43:53] | What do you say to people who say, | 你会如何回答当别人问你 |
[43:55] | “Dr. Kevorkian, you are playing god”? | “科沃基恩医生 你在扮演上帝吗” |
[43:57] | I say to them, | 我会说 |
[44:00] | “So what? “ | “那又怎么样” |
[44:02] | When a doctor gives you a pill, he’s playing god | 当一个医生给你吃药时 他就在扮演上帝 |
[44:05] | because he’s interfering with your natural process. | 因为他在干扰你身体的自然过程 |
[44:09] | All doctors believe they’re god. | 所有医生都觉得自己是上帝 |
[44:11] | They shouldn’t, but they do. | 不应该 但是他们就是这么觉得 |
[44:13] | But I prefer that than the doctors | 但是我情愿接受这样的医生而不是 |
[44:16] | who are more interested in their stock portfolios | 那些把积累履历 |
[44:19] | than they are in their patients. | 看得比病人还重要的医生 |
[44:22] | Did you see the way she looked at you? | 你看到她怎么看你了吗 |
[44:26] | She probably thought I was unattainable. | 她可能觉得我高不可攀吧 |
[44:28] | She was very smitten. | 她被迷倒了 |
[44:31] | I knew I should’ve called her Barbara. | 我就知道我应该叫她芭芭拉的 |
[44:33] | – Coffee? – Yeah. | -要咖啡吗 -好 |
[44:35] | – Decaf? – No no, decaf’s for cowards. | -低咖啡因 -不 那是给胆小鬼的 |
[44:39] | The autopsy proved that mrs. Wantz had | 验尸结果表明 |
[44:41] | no anatomical evidence of disease in her entire body. | 没有解剖学证据证明旺茨女士有任何疾病 |
[44:44] | It was all in her head and he knows it. | 他也知道都是她自己想的 |
[44:45] | And mrs. Miller, although she had a terrible disease, | 米勒女士虽然患有严重疾病 |
[44:48] | could have lived for many years | 但是如果积极参与治疗 |
[44:49] | if she had been more willing to participate in her own care. | 还可以活很多年 |
[44:52] | Ah. So you’re a doctor too now, Dick? | 你现在又成了医生了 迪克 |
[44:55] | Your honor, there isn’t one iota, | 法官大人 |
[44:57] | one scintilla, one speck of evidence | 没有一星半点的证据证明 |
[44:59] | that he murdered Marjorie Wantz or Sherry Miller. | 他谋杀了马乔莉 旺茨或是雪莉 米勒 |
[45:02] | This is all part of your puritanical persecution | 你对科沃基恩医生的起诉 |
[45:05] | of Dr. Kevorkian. | 过分苛刻了 |
[45:06] | Enough. I’ve reviewed the indictment. | 好了 我已经看了起诉文件 |
[45:07] | I’m dismissing the charges. | 我现在驳回起诉 |
[45:09] | The act of assisting a suicide is not a criminal act | 协助自杀在现有法律中 |
[45:12] | according to our current laws. | 不算犯罪 |
[45:14] | But without a medical license, he cannot dispense medication, | 但是没有行医执照他不能开药 |
[45:17] | So don’t do anything stupid. | 所以不要干傻事 |
[45:18] | He won’t, your honor. | 他不会的 法官大人 |
[45:21] | I’m gonna kick your ass till my legs fall off. | 我非要治改了你为止 |
[45:24] | It was a clear victory for the most important | 它是这个时代 |
[45:26] | civil rights issue of our time. | 最重要的人权领域一次完胜 |
[45:28] | So you’re obviously not happy with the judge’s decision. | 所以你才对判决如此不满 |
[45:31] | Where do you go from here? | 您下一步什么打算 |
[45:32] | Governor Engler needs to push a ban through | 恩格勒州长需要通过州议会 |
[45:34] | the state legislature– something, anything– | 推进一项禁令 是个大动作 |
[45:38] | Unless you want Michigan to become | 除非你要把密歇根 |
[45:40] | the suicide capital of the world. | 弄成全球自杀之都 |
[45:46] | Michigan residents, by a 5:1 margin | 倘若密歇根市民进入陪审团的话 |
[45:48] | Said that they’d acquit him of murder if they were on a jury | 他们将以五比一的优势判他无罪 |
[45:51] | and over 70% believe that doctors should be able allowed | 而且七成认为医生应该有权利 |
[45:54] | to help a terminally-ill patient commit suicide. | 帮助临终患者安乐死 |
[46:00] | I’m a deeply religious man, Mr. Lessenberry, | 莱森伯里先生 我是个虔诚的基督徒 |
[46:03] | and what Kevorkian proposes goes against every fiber of my being. | 科沃基恩的行径与我格格不入 |
[46:08] | – If this were accepted… – Room service. | -假如这都可以接受… -送餐了 |
[46:10] | …How on god’s green earth would we prevent abuse? | …那这世上我们又如何维护生命的权利 |
[46:14] | Nobody here ordered any room service! | 没人叫了送餐吗 |
[46:15] | – Who is this? Hello? – Open the door. | -谁啊 -开门 |
[46:17] | – Who is this? – It’s the police, jack. We know you’re in there. | -谁啊 -警察 杰克 我们知道你在 |
[46:20] | – What is this? – Get out of the way. Get out of the way. | -谁啊 -让开 让开 |
[46:22] | – Don’t you push me, sir. – Where is it, Jack? | -先生你干嘛推我 -在哪儿 杰克 |
[46:24] | Nothing is going on here. We’re just talking. | 这里没事 我们只是聊天 |
[46:26] | – Where are you folks from? – California. | -你们从哪儿来的 -加州 |
[46:28] | – Nothing illegal is going on. | -我们又没违法 |
[46:29] | – Why are you harassing us? – We’re not criminals! | -干嘛折腾我们 -我们又不是罪犯 |
[46:31] | – You don’t have to say a word. – What’s in the case? | -你别说话 -什么情况啊 |
[46:32] | I know that too many sick people lack access | 我知道有太多患者得不到护理 |
[46:34] | to care and support, too many families are | 太多家庭不堪高昂的医疗费 |
[46:36] | saddled with medical expenses, but if this were legalized, | 不过一旦这变合法了 |
[46:39] | it could lead to cost-containment strategies. | 就可能导致政府削减医疗预算 |
[46:41] | We’re here to prevent a suicide. | 我们是来阻止自杀的 |
[46:43] | We came to save your life. | 是来救你的命 |
[46:44] | Check this out. – Who the hell asked you to? | 查查这边 -谁让你来了 |
[46:46] | – Who the hell ask you? – I’m sorry, Isabel. | -有没人请你 -抱歉 伊莎贝尔 |
[46:50] | Where is the suicide poisons? Where do you keep them? | 安乐死的药在哪儿 你放哪儿了 |
[46:54] | – Don’t they have to have a search warrant? – A search warrant? | -难道非得让他们拿搜查令吗 -搜查令 |
[46:56] | This is not the world I raised my three boys in. | 现在和我那三个孩子小时候真不一样了 |
[46:59] | It’s not a world I’d recognize. | 我都不认识这个世界了 |
[47:02] | “Not a world I would recognize”? | “不认识这个世界了?” |
[47:05] | What is this dick Thompson bullshit? | 这混蛋汤普森乱写什么啊 |
[47:07] | I believe it’s called journalism. | 新闻报道一向如此 |
[47:08] | Both sides deserve a voice, Geoff. | 总不该众口一词 杰夫 |
[47:10] | Well, fuck that and fuck you! | 去你妈的吧 |
[47:12] | You think you’re hot shit | 你当自己多了不起啊 |
[47:13] | because “The new york times” is printing you? | 《纽约时报》为你一人办的啊 |
[47:15] | Look. There’s only one side to this story– ours. | 听好了 这事只能一个宣传口径 我们的 |
[47:19] | Don’t let me cut off your access to Jack. | 可别让我封杀了你采访杰克 |
[47:31] | I feel for our patients. | 我怜悯那些病人 |
[47:35] | – They deserve better. – Yeah. | -他们有权舒服点 -是啊 |
[47:39] | Someone like Isabel, she deserves respect. | 就像伊莎贝尔吧 她也有自己的尊严 |
[47:45] | What are we doing sneaking around | 我们干嘛就得偷偷摸摸的 |
[47:48] | Like we’re thieves? What is that? | 像贼一样 为什么啊 |
[47:50] | – We’re the good guys. – Yeah. | -我们是好人 -没错 |
[47:53] | They bust down the motel door | 他们拿着枪 |
[47:56] | with crowbars and guns | 强行撬开旅馆大门 |
[47:58] | Like we’re– we’re some Chicago bootleggers. | 就当我们是芝加哥的酒贩子似的 |
[48:02] | We have to hide ’em in places like this. | 我们得把他们藏到这样的地方 |
[48:06] | We have to handle these things | 我们得在夜深人静时 |
[48:08] | in the backs of vans in the middle of the night, | 在车厢后面做我们的事 |
[48:13] | Drop bodies off in emergency room parking lots. | 然后把尸体放在急救中心的停车场 |
[48:21] | We’re not criminals. | 我们可不是罪犯 |
[48:23] | We’re not criminals. | 我们绝不是罪犯 |
[48:24] | The criminals are those who are trying to stop us. | 真正的罪犯是那些阻止我们的人 |
[48:27] | Those are the ones that should be ashamed. | 那些人才是可耻的 |
[48:29] | 0-1-5-0-6, Saginaw motel. | 0-1-5-0-6 萨吉诺汽车旅馆 |
[48:31] | 0-1-5-0-6, Saginaw motel. | 0-1-5-0-6 萨吉诺汽车旅馆 |
[48:34] | Reported assisted suicide. Dr. Jack Kevorkian. | 发现安乐死案情 杰克 科沃基恩医生做的 |
[48:37] | Huh. This may count as loitering. | 我们这大概算得上”游荡罪” |
[48:40] | We shouldn’t be out here too long without an attorney. | 没有律师我们不该在这待太久 |
[48:47] | – Let’s go. – Yup. | -走吧 -好 |
[48:50] | 0-6-1-1-9 0-6-1-1-9 0-6-1-1-9, 0-6-1-1-9, | |
[48:53] | Suspect not on premises. | 嫌犯不在附近 |
[48:58] | – Female, late 50s. -7-8-5, no resident here. | -女性 近60岁 -7-8-5 无人居住 |
[49:01] | R-34, roger. | 收到 R-34 |
[49:03] | C-3-3-5, cleared out number 1 to number 3. | C-3-3-5 1号到3号位置没有情况 |
[49:24] | 案发现场 请勿入内 底特律警局 通知 | |
[49:33] | Please tell me what it is your daughter has | 请告诉我你女儿到底怎么想的 |
[49:35] | in her brain that won’t let her accept the fact | 她为什么不相信 |
[49:38] | that you can pay a bill with cash? | 你用现金来付账 |
[49:41] | – Please. I did. – And the one thing– | -我有是有 -还有件事 |
[49:43] | – What you don’t do– what you don’t do… – Calm down. | -那你别… 那你不要 -别急 |
[49:46] | – Shh. – … is pay with a check. | -嘘 -就不要用支票 |
[49:49] | You don’t pay bills with a check. | 你别用支票付账 |
[49:51] | Why, my dear girl? Becae bills paid by check | 知道为什么吗 亲爱的 因为支票 |
[49:55] | leave a paper trail. | 会留下书面记录 |
[49:57] | A paper trail is something someone can follow, | 而书面记录就会招致别人调查 |
[49:59] | And just so you know– | 所以你也知道… |
[50:01] | Just so you know, | 你也知道 |
[50:04] | what I predicted has come true. | 果然不出我所料 |
[50:06] | The cops traced– | 警察做了跟踪调查… |
[50:09] | – The cops? – They traced it | -警察 -他们一直追查到 |
[50:11] | to my storage file. | 我保存的文件 |
[50:14] | They broke in and they took– | 他们进入我的计算机 |
[50:16] | whatever, who knows? –All my personal files | 什么都被拿走了 我所有个人文件 |
[50:19] | to do god knows what with. | 天知道他们要拿来干嘛用 |
[50:21] | – And now they padlocked it… – All right. | -现在他们把那封存了 -好吧 |
[50:23] | – …So I can’t get in! – I’m sorry about it, Jack. | -所以我没辙了 -我很抱歉 杰克 |
[50:25] | – I’m sorry. – You’re sorry? | -对不起 -你对不起 |
[50:27] | I’m sorry it happened. No one would expect this to happen, | 对此我非常抱歉 没人希望这个结果 |
[50:30] | And Mr. Fieger can get everything back for you again. | 费戈先生能帮你找回一切 |
[50:33] | – Oh, Mr. Fieger’s gonna do it. – Just calm down. | -费戈先生啊 -千万别急 |
[50:34] | – I have explained to you. – Nobody’s gonna put | -我和你说了 -已经是 |
[50:37] | humpty dumpty together again. Do you understand? He is gone. | 泼出去的水了 知道吗 他消失了 |
[50:40] | – He is finish. They have my files! – Shh. Shh. | -他到头了 他们拿走了我的文件 -嘘 |
[50:44] | I’m sorry about that. There was an overdue bill… | 我真的很抱歉 就因为那张过期账单 |
[50:47] | – That’s right. – … And Ava sent the check in. | -没错 -艾娃寄出了支票 |
[50:49] | She just wasn’t thinking. | 她就是糊涂了 |
[50:51] | – She wasn’t thinking. – She wasn’t thinking? | -糊涂了 -糊涂了? |
[50:52] | – Wasn’t thinking? You’re being so generous. – That’s right. | -糊涂? 你可真大度 -是 |
[50:54] | It was stupid. It was blatant stupidity | 就是笨 简直傻到家了 |
[50:58] | – On her part and your part. – Keep your voice down. | -你俩都有份儿 -咱小声点 |
[51:00] | Stupid! Stupid. She was being stupid. | 傻瓜 笨蛋 她就是个白痴 |
[51:02] | Hold on there. | 别说了 |
[51:02] | – Stupid stupid. – Don’t you talk about my daughter that way. | -大白痴 -别那么说我女儿 |
[51:05] | – I’ll talk about her that way. – Do you hear me? | -我就这么说她 -你怎么还没完了 |
[51:07] | – You calm down. Now stop it! – I am completely calm! | -冷静一下 闭嘴 -我很冷静 |
[51:09] | – Calm down! You’re not calm! – You know, I can’t trust you. | -你冷静什么啊 -我没法信你 |
[51:12] | – I can’t trust you and I can’t trust her. – You can’t trust me? | -我不信你也不信她 -你不相信我吗 |
[51:14] | Either one of you. Together. You don’t make it easy for me. | 谁都不信 你们不与我行方便 |
[51:17] | You’re supposed to make it easy for me, but you don’t. | 你们本来应该让我好过的 可你们没 |
[51:19] | How dare you, Jack? How dare you? | 杰克 你这人怎么这样啊 |
[51:21] | You did this for the last time. For the last time. | 你这是最后一次了 最后一次 |
[51:23] | All my life, I’ve been making it easier for you. | 我一辈子都在尽力帮你 |
[51:25] | – Yeah, you make it– – all my life! Do you hear me? | -说得跟唱得一样 -我一辈子 知道吗 |
[51:27] | – Look who’s yelling now. – And it’s been no walk in the park! | -看看是谁在嚷嚷 -事情哪儿那么轻巧啊 |
[51:29] | That’s right, it’s been no walk in the park! | 没错 你当什么都那么简单啊 |
[51:31] | And I’m going to tell you | 我要告诉你说 |
[51:33] | something else– nobody takes care of me. | 根本没人照顾我 |
[51:35] | I want to ask you: Who do you think takes care of me? | 我来问问你 你说谁照顾我了 |
[51:37] | Nobody! Not you, Jack. | 没人 你也不照顾我 |
[51:38] | I’m gonna take care of you. | 杰克 -我会照顾你 |
[51:38] | – Certainly not you! – Right now I’m gonna take care of you. | -你压根没照顾我 -我现在开始照顾你 |
[51:41] | From now on, all you’re gonna do is operate the camera. | 从现在开始 你要做的就是看好相机 |
[51:43] | That’ll take care of you. Believe me. | 这样就有人照顾你了 相信我 |
[51:46] | You’ll be fine with that, ’cause you can’t screw that up. | 这样就好了 因为你不会搞砸了 |
[51:48] | Okay, is that what you think? | 好 你就是这么想的吗 |
[51:49] | As for your daughter– | 至于你女儿… |
[51:51] | I have news for you. | 我有事告诉你 |
[51:52] | As for your daughter, the jury is out. | 至于你女儿 看陪审团吧 |
[51:53] | You’ll be doing it for yourself. You do it for yourself. | 你自己干吧 没人管你 |
[51:55] | You’re gonna do it. How’s that for news? | 自己去做 就这事 |
[51:57] | – You’ll do it, jack! – That’s fine by me. | -自己来吧 杰克 -我就我 |
[52:00] | I’m through with you! | 我受够你了 |
[52:01] | – I’m through with it! – Go ahead, set the alarm. | -受够你了 -去调下报警器 |
[52:04] | Who cares? | 随便吧 |
[52:06] | Is this us? Yeah. | -我们的车吗 -嗯 |
[52:11] | You set that off. | 你关了 |
[52:14] | Where the hell is she going? | 她到底要去哪儿啊 |
[52:22] | Margo, could you step into my office for a second? | 玛格 能来我办公室一会儿吗 |
[52:24] | I need to talk to you. | 我有话和你说 |
[52:32] | My dream was to be an olympic skier. | 我曾经梦想做个冬奥会滑雪选手 |
[52:35] | And after the car accident, there was… | 在车祸发生后 |
[52:40] | A chance– | 说是还有机会 |
[52:42] | Well, they told me that there was a chance | 他们告诉我说还有机会 |
[52:43] | that I’d get the use of my legs again, but it never happened. | 说我的腿还会好起来 但结果没有 |
[52:47] | So… | 所以… |
[52:51] | I doused myself with gasoline one night | 有天晚上我浇了自己一身汽油 |
[52:54] | and lit a match. | 划着了火柴 |
[53:05] | You know, the only thing worse than this nightmare existence | 比这场噩梦更糟糕的就是 |
[53:08] | is the nightmare of a botched suicide attempt. | 想自杀却又被救活了 |
[53:13] | I wish I could help you, son, but it’s not possible. | 孩子 我希望能帮助你 但这不行 |
[53:18] | What– what you’re suffering– | 你受的苦 |
[53:22] | what Dr. Kevorkian is trying to say, Glen, | 格伦 科沃基恩医生想说的是 |
[53:24] | is that you’re clinically depressed, | 你是属于重度的抑郁 |
[53:27] | And under these circumstances, we can’t help you. | 在这种情况下我们是没法帮你的 |
[53:29] | If you deal with your depression, | 等治好了你的抑郁 |
[53:32] | you can lead a fulfilling and satisfying life. | 你还是能过上满意的生活 |
[53:35] | And we’ll help you find someone that will do that. | 我们也会联系有关专家来帮助你 |
[54:04] | Parkinson’s takes years– | 帕金森症尚需要几年的时间 |
[54:07] | Years before it compromises your daily activities. | 才会影响到您日常的生活 |
[54:12] | I don’t think we can help you now is what I’m saying. | 我要说的是现在我们还无法帮助您 |
[54:16] | But if and when the time comes, | 不过倘若那一天真的到来了 |
[54:18] | we’ll be here for you. | 我们还是会帮您的 |
[54:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[54:43] | You know I’ve never been one to hold grudges | 要知道我可不是那种抓住别人不放的人 |
[54:46] | and I’d like to let bygones be bygones. | 过去的就让它过去了 |
[54:49] | What do you say? | 你的意思呢 |
[54:51] | Good. | 很好 |
[54:54] | So we’re reconciled? | 这么说我们和解了 |
[54:57] | – I hope so. – Well, that’s good. | -希望如此 -这才好嘛 |
[54:59] | Good. It’s good to see you. | 是啊 很高兴见到你 |
[55:02] | Good to see you. | 我也高兴见到你 |
[55:05] | You need to get ready. | 你得准备准备 |
[55:07] | Ready for what? | 准备干嘛 |
[55:09] | Dinner at Mr. Fieger’s. | 去费戈家赴宴 |
[55:11] | Very nice. | 很好 |
[55:13] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[55:15] | Oh, it’s a notice of sale. | 售房通知书 |
[55:18] | I mean, this whole building’s kaput. | 就是说这套房子算是没了 |
[55:20] | Well, don’t worry about it. | 别担心这个 |
[55:23] | We can live together. | 我们可以一起住 |
[55:24] | We’ll be known as the unemployed Kevorkians! Yay! | 咱俩可以叫做”失业一家人” |
[55:28] | Unemployed? What does that mean? | 失业 什么意思 |
[55:30] | It means… | 我是说… |
[55:33] | I got fired. | 我被解雇了 |
[55:34] | No. When? | 不会吧 什么时候 |
[55:37] | A few weeks ago. | 几个星期了 |
[55:39] | You’re just telling me now? | 那你现在才告诉我啊 |
[55:41] | Jack, we had a falling out. | 杰克 那不因为我们吵架嘛 |
[55:43] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[55:48] | I’m your sister. | 我是你妹妹 |
[55:50] | What else? | 还有什么 |
[55:52] | Life is god’s choice! Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 上帝决定生命 |
[55:56] | – Oh, my gosh. – These are my new daily visitors. | -我的天呐 -又来一拨抗议者 |
[56:00] | Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 |
[56:02] | Are you going to kill every single person in a wheelchair? | 你是要把所有坐轮椅的人都杀掉吧 |
[56:06] | Disabled people are not worthless. | 残疾人并不是毫无价值的 |
[56:08] | They are not a drain on society. | 他们不是社会的累赘 |
[56:09] | You cannot rid the world of inconvenience. | 你不能不让残疾人生存 |
[56:11] | You are worse than an abortionist… | 你比堕胎者还可恨 |
[56:13] | Oh, shut up, you witch! | 闭嘴 你个巫婆 |
[56:15] | These are not comparable issues. | 这两件事根本没有可比性 |
[56:17] | Some great minds have died with the assistance of their doctors– | 很多伟人都在医生的帮助下辞世 |
[56:21] | Sigmund Freud, King George. | 西格蒙德·弗洛伊德 乔治五世 |
[56:24] | If it’s good enough for the aristoi, | 如果对伟人们来说是好事 |
[56:25] | It’s good enough for the hoi polloi. | 那么对民众也不是什么坏事 |
[56:27] | He is leading society into an age of enlightenment, | 他带领我们的社会步入启蒙时代 |
[56:31] | You idiots! | 你们这帮蠢材 |
[56:32] | Only god can create and destroy. | 只有上帝才能创造和剥夺生命 |
[56:34] | Have you no religion? Have you no god? | 你没有信仰吗 你不信奉上帝吗 |
[56:36] | Oh, I do, lady. I have a religion. | 我有 小姐 我有信仰 |
[56:39] | His name is Bach– Johann Sebastian Bach. | 他叫巴赫 约翰·塞巴斯蒂安·巴赫 |
[56:42] | And at least my god isn’t an invented one. | 至少我的上帝并不是发明家 |
[56:46] | Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 |
[56:48] | Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 |
[56:50] | Life is god’s choice! Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 上帝决定生命 |
[56:54] | Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 |
[56:56] | – Life is god’s choice! – Who do you think you are?! | -上帝决定生命 -你以为你是谁 |
[57:00] | Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 |
[57:02] | – Life is god’s choice! – Who do you think you are?! | -上帝决定生命 -你以为你是谁 |
[57:05] | Life is god’s choice! Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 上帝决定生命 |
[57:08] | Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 |
[57:27] | Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 |
[57:27] | 健康关怀 而不是死亡关怀 | |
[57:29] | Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 |
[57:31] | Life is god’s choice! | 上帝决定生命 |
[57:39] | “A fart on Thomas Putnam!” | 托马斯·普特南放了个屁 |
[57:44] | Of course, that was the long laugh in the entire play. | 当然了 整部剧这句话笑得最久了 |
[57:47] | “Because it my name. | “因为这是我的名字 |
[57:50] | “Because I cannot have another in my life. | “因为我一生仅此一个名字 |
[57:55] | “Because I am not worth the dust | “因为我连绞刑犯脚下 |
[57:57] | “on the feet of them that hang. | “的尘土都不如 |
[58:02] | “How may I live without my name? | “没有名字我该怎么活 |
[58:05] | “I’ve given you my soul; | “我已给了你我的灵魂 |
[58:08] | “Leave me my name.” | “请把我的名字留下” |
[58:16] | Is there any more to that? | 还有其它的吗 |
[58:20] | No. | 没了 |
[58:23] | – Oh, Jack. – That was beautiful, Jack. | -杰克 -这段太美了 杰克 |
[58:25] | – Thank you. – I didn’t know you knew that. | -谢谢 -我都不知道你会这些 |
[58:26] | That’s very good. That was great. | 非常棒 太棒了 |
[58:28] | – It’s all I know. – You didn’t like the sea bass? | -我就知道这些 -你不爱吃黑鲈吗 |
[58:32] | It was a bit fishy, but– | 有点腥 不过 |
[58:35] | – Oh. – No no no no. | -抱歉 -没事没事 |
[58:40] | Why did you never marry, Jack? | 杰克 你为什么从不结婚呢 |
[58:42] | Oh. He was engaged once. | 他订过一次婚 |
[58:44] | She worked at Hudson’s on Woodward downtown. | 那女人在伍德沃德市中心的哈德森家工作 |
[58:47] | – I knew her. I saw her. – Let’s not go there. Let’s not go there. | -我知道 我见过她 -打住 打住 |
[58:49] | – You never even liked her. – No, I didn’t like her. | -你都没喜欢过她 -是 我不喜欢她 |
[58:51] | – Let’s not go there. – All right, I won’t go there. | -别再说了 -好吧 不说了 |
[58:54] | Oh, come on, come on. Tell me about this fiance. | 继续 继续 给我说说这个未婚妻 |
[58:57] | Come on, Jack. Say a few words. | 说吧 杰克 说两句 |
[58:59] | – A little something? – What can I tell you? | -多少说一点 -我能说什么呢 |
[59:02] | – We broke up. It was– you know– – I think the truth is | -分手了 就这样 -我觉得事实是 |
[59:04] | that girls just make you shake in your boots, Jack. | 你觉得自己配不上她 杰克 |
[59:07] | – Okay. Yeah. – All right then. | -好吧 没错 -好啦好啦 |
[59:09] | Somebody needs some coffee? | 有人喝咖啡吗 |
[59:11] | So come, Margo, | 走吧 玛格 |
[59:12] | Come where it’s safe. | 这火药味太浓了 |
[59:20] | Governor Engler’s gonna be signing a ban in a couple of months. | 恩格拉州长几个月之内将签署一项禁令 |
[59:24] | It’ll make assisting a suicide a four-year felony. | 将给协助自杀者判四年监禁 |
[59:28] | Oh. Oh, that’s laughable. | 真可笑 |
[59:30] | It’s a fucking charade, | 就是文字游戏 |
[59:32] | and I’ll appeal it when the time is right. | 一有时机我就会申请上诉 |
[59:34] | In the meantime, if you have anything lined up, | 在此期间 你要是有什么安排 |
[59:37] | I suggest you get it done pronto. | 我建议你尽快解决 |
[59:44] | We’d have been shit out of luck if I hadn’t | 要不是我跟踪他俩到卡拉马祖的批发商那 |
[59:47] | traced those two down at a wholesaler in Kalamazoo, | 要不是那碰巧有我的旧相好 |
[59:49] | where it just so happens an old flame of mine works. | 那咱俩铁定倒霉透了 |
[59:52] | A couple of happy-hour Margaritas sealed the deal. | 玛格丽塔几个小时就轻松搞定了 |
[59:54] | Then it was worth the drive? | 那值得开车去一趟咯 |
[59:57] | It’s always worth it. | 永远都值得 |
[59:59] | Jack, I just ain’t sure these are gonna be enough. | 杰克 我只是不确定这些够不够 |
[1:00:02] | I’ll make it work. I can ration it. | 我会保证够用的 我可以省着用 |
[1:00:06] | Anyway, I think I’ve got an idea, a way to recapture the gas. | 我有主意了 可以循环利用气体 |
[1:00:10] | Let’s stop over at the hardware store. | 咱们停到五金店那边去 |
[1:00:13] | Oh, and that’s– | 这… |
[1:00:15] | I apologize for putting you through this, ma’am. | 我很抱歉让您承受这些 女士 |
[1:00:24] | It’s the emphysema. | 他有肺气肿 |
[1:00:26] | I know. Yes, I know. | 我知道 是的 我知道 |
[1:00:27] | I know. We’ll just wait for it to pass. | 我知道 我们等他咳完 |
[1:00:30] | Let him have this one out. Go ahead. | 等他这个过去 继续 |
[1:00:34] | And we breathe. | 呼吸 |
[1:00:39] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好了 -好了 |
[1:00:41] | Okay, so we’re– | 好了 下面我们 |
[1:00:42] | I think we’re ready for the box first. | 我觉得我们可以先用这个盒子 |
[1:00:44] | Like I said to you before, | 就像我以前说的 |
[1:00:46] | because of the circumstances I’m in now, | 由于我现在的处境 |
[1:00:49] | we have to use this because I’m saving the gas. | 我们只得用这个 因为我得节省用气 |
[1:00:53] | You understand? We’re going to recapture the gas. | 明白吗 我们将循环利用气体 |
[1:00:56] | They won’t give me more canisters, | 他们不肯多给我些气罐 |
[1:00:58] | And I have other patients to serve– | 我还有其他病人 |
[1:01:00] | two others, and I– | 还有两个 所以我 |
[1:01:03] | Maybe this isn’t such a great idea, doctor. | 也许这不是太好的主意 医生 |
[1:01:05] | – I don’t think it’s gonna hold. – I think it’s gonna be fine. | -我觉得可能不够用 -我认为没问题 |
[1:01:08] | We’re almost there. | 马上就好了 |
[1:01:09] | Just a little more tape right here… | 这儿再卷些胶带 |
[1:01:12] | – There. – … Just to keep it in. Here we go. | -这 -封在里面就好 可以了 |
[1:01:14] | Like we talked about before, all right? | 像我们以前谈的那样 好吗 |
[1:01:16] | What we said– Neal is gonna turn on the gas canister… | 我们说的 尼尔将打开这个气罐 |
[1:01:20] | – Okay. – When you are ready. | -好的 -等你准备好了 |
[1:01:23] | So we’re gonna get the signal from you. | 我们会等你信号的 |
[1:01:25] | – Yes, sir. – Sorry for this. | -好的 医生 -抱歉 |
[1:01:27] | – This is not usual– – No no. No no. | -这并不常见 -不不不 |
[1:01:29] | This is not usually what we do, but we’ve run out of luck here. | 我们通常不这样做 但最近不太走运 |
[1:01:31] | – It’s okay. It’s all right. – Okay. | -好的 没事 -好的 |
[1:01:33] | Ready. | 准备好了 |
[1:01:41] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:01:43] | Thank you for a great life, Cheryl. | 谢谢你给我精彩的一生 谢莉尔 |
[1:01:46] | You too. | 你也一样 |
[1:01:58] | You’re so brave. | 你好勇敢 |
[1:02:11] | Wait. Take– take it off. | 等等 拿 拿下去 |
[1:02:14] | Take– take it off. | 拿 拿下去 |
[1:02:15] | Take it off. Take it off. | 拿下去 拿下去 |
[1:02:18] | – Getting hot. – Hot? | -太热了 -很热吗 |
[1:02:20] | – Watch his– watch his– – Hot. Oh. | -小心 小心 -好热 |
[1:02:22] | – Getting so hot. – It’s what? | -太热了 -什么 |
[1:02:23] | – Getting so hot. Hot. – Hot. | -太热了 好热 -很热 |
[1:02:27] | He’s burning up. | 他热得受不了了 |
[1:02:28] | Okay, maybe we– this has got to wait. | 好吧 也许我们 该再等等 |
[1:02:30] | – Oh, I think so. – No no, please. | -我也这么想 -不不 求你了 |
[1:02:33] | I wasn’t– I wasn’t prepared for the issue. | 我没有 我没有想到这种情况 |
[1:02:35] | – I’m awfully sorry. So let’s– – it’s all right, doc. | -我非常抱歉 咱们 -没事的医生 |
[1:02:38] | It’s all right. Now, please. | 没事儿 就现在 求您了 |
[1:02:41] | Do it now, please. Do it. | 现在就做吧 求您了 做吧 |
[1:02:49] | Okay, let’s do it this way. | 好吧 这样试试 |
[1:02:51] | You know, let’s get rid of that. | 不用这个了 |
[1:02:54] | Just– let’s just put the box on. It’d be better. | 直接 直接把盒子套上 可能会好点 |
[1:02:58] | This is gonna be easier, Hugh. | 休 这样可能简单点 |
[1:03:01] | – This– – Watch your head. | -这样 -小心你的头 |
[1:03:04] | – Down. – Okay. | -放下 -好了 |
[1:03:06] | – Watch your head. – Here it is. | -小心头 -好了 |
[1:03:07] | – Mind your head. – Mind your head. | -小心头 -小心头 |
[1:03:09] | Just push it– that’s it. That’s fine. | 推一下 行了 这下好了 |
[1:03:12] | This is gonna be easier now, | 这回应该容易些了 |
[1:03:14] | because the gas will escape now. | 因为现在能漏气了 |
[1:03:19] | It won’t heat up. | 就不会变热了 |
[1:03:21] | Just like that, Hugh. Okay? Okay? | 就这样 休 好吗 好吗 |
[1:03:24] | Now air is gonna get through, so you’ll be all right. | 这回会有气体流通 所以你不会有事的 |
[1:03:27] | You’re not gonna heat up. | 不会变热的 |
[1:03:29] | Let me just get this. | 我来弄这个 |
[1:03:32] | Here we are. | 准备 |
[1:03:36] | Okay. Once again, when you’re ready, Hugh, | 好了 这次一样 休 等你准备好 |
[1:03:39] | we’ll have Neal turn the gas on again. | 我再让尼尔打开气体 |
[1:03:41] | I love you, darling. | 我爱你 亲爱的 |
[1:03:44] | – I love you. – I love you. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[1:03:48] | It’s okay, darling. | 没事的 亲爱的 |
[1:03:57] | – You– – I love you. | -你 -我爱你 |
[1:04:11] | Oh god. | 上帝呀 |
[1:04:18] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:04:20] | I love you, darling. | 我爱你 亲爱的 |
[1:04:23] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:04:42] | He’s gone, my dear. | 他去了 亲爱的 |
[1:05:00] | I’m gonna type out the final action report. | 我会打出终结决定书 |
[1:05:03] | And give it to you tomorrow. | 明天给你 |
[1:05:15] | God! | 老天 |
[1:05:20] | So you ever gonna say anything? | 你还会说话吗 |
[1:05:22] | Because nothing irks me more than | 因为没有什么比你坐在那不出声 |
[1:05:24] | having you sitting there simmering. | 更能让我烦躁不安的了 |
[1:05:26] | God forbid I should irk you. | 上帝禁止我激怒你 |
[1:05:28] | Well, just spit it out. You’ve got something to say. | 说出来吧 你有话要说 |
[1:05:31] | The great Jack Kevorkian. You know better. | 伟大的杰克·科沃基恩 还是你更了解 |
[1:05:34] | – That’s right. – Nothing gets in the way of the mission. | -没错 -没有什么能阻碍你的目的 |
[1:05:37] | The mission? What mission. | 目的 什么目的 |
[1:05:39] | Is that what you call rationing, | 这就是你说的省着用吗 |
[1:05:42] | Taping a fucking sheet of plastic around a poor guy’s head? | 给一个可怜的老头脑袋上缠破胶带吗 |
[1:05:47] | We should’ve waited till we had more gas. | 我们应该再等等把气攒足 |
[1:05:49] | Oh, and when would that have been I wonder? | 我想知道那得等到猴年马月 |
[1:05:51] | I should’ve insisted. | 我就该坚持 |
[1:05:53] | He was– he was– he was– he was done. | 他 他 他 他已经去了 |
[1:05:57] | Do you understand? He wanted it done. | 你明白吗 他希望早点去 |
[1:05:59] | He was begging for it. We wanted to go. | 他都求我了 我们本打算走了 |
[1:06:01] | We were ready to go. He was beggingus to stay. | 我们都准备走了 但他求我们留下 |
[1:06:04] | He wanted it done. You saw that. | 他希望早点结束 你也看见了 |
[1:06:06] | Yeah, I saw it. It freaked the shit out of me. | 是的 我看见了 吓坏我了 |
[1:06:09] | Well, it worked out. | 至少 还是管用了 |
[1:06:13] | It got done. | 搞定了 |
[1:06:16] | I knew it would. | 我知道能搞定的 |
[1:06:21] | We can’t be cutting corners anymore. | 我们不能再偷工减料 |
[1:06:24] | This isn’t the old days. | 如今已是今非昔比 |
[1:06:25] | We’re not down in the lab winging it anymore. | 我们不再是在实验室想干嘛干嘛了 |
[1:06:34] | Jack, the next time it doesn’t feel right, | 杰克 下次要再有不对劲 |
[1:06:37] | Call it off. | 立刻打住 |
[1:06:42] | These are my decisions to make, Neal. | 这些由我决定 尼尔 |
[1:06:46] | Mine alone. | 只有我自己决定 |
[1:06:49] | Yes, sir, kemo sabe. | 好吧 再说吧 |