英文名称:The Diving Bell and The Butterfly
年代:2007
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:19] | -Look! He’s waking. -Page Dr. Cocheton. Quickly. | -看!他醒了 -通知科奇东医生 快! |
[02:23] | Dr. Cocheton to room 119 please. | 科奇东医生请到119病房 |
[02:25] | Mr. Bauby open your eyes. Open your eyes. | 波比先生 睁开眼 请睁开眼睛 |
[02:30] | Mr. Bauby open your eyes. | 波比先生 把眼睛睁开 |
[02:34] | You’ve been asleep for a long time | 你已经睡了很久了 |
[02:36] | you’re waking up now. Can you hear me? | 现在终于醒过来了 能听到我吗? |
[02:38] | Yes I’m hearing you. | 是的 我能听到 |
[02:44] | What’s happening? | 发生了什么? |
[02:49] | Jesus a hospital. | 天啊 医院 |
[02:51] | Mr. Bauby open your eyes wide. | 波比先生 请把眼睛睁大 |
[02:57] | Try to keep them open. | 尽量把眼睛睁开 |
[02:59] | Yes like that. Follow this lamp with your eyes. | 对 就这样 眼睛盯着我手里的灯 |
[03:10] | Alright. | 好的 |
[03:13] | Don’t be alarmed. You’re in a hospital. | 别怕 你现在在医院 |
[03:19] | I’m a doctor. My name’s Cocheton. These are nurses. | 我是科奇东医生 他们是护士 |
[03:24] | We’re here to take care of you. | 我们会好好照顾你的 |
[03:28] | Do you remember what happened? | 还记得都发生了什么吗? |
[03:32] | Do you remember what happened? | 还记得发生的事情吗? |
[03:35] | Just vague images | 只有一些模糊的片段 |
[03:44] | You’re in the Naval Hospital Berck-sur-Mer On the coast At Calais. | 你现在在加来贝克海滨的海军医院 |
[03:50] | You were treated first in Paris and then brought here. | 先前你在巴黎接受治疗 之后转院到这里 |
[03:54] | Do you remember that? | 这些你都记得吗? |
[03:58] | Jean·Dominique. | 吉恩·多米尼克 |
[04:01] | You’ve had a stroke. | 你中风了 |
[04:03] | You’ve been in a coma for almost three weeks. | 昏迷了近3个礼拜 |
[04:06] | But now you’re waking up and you’ll be fine. | 不过现在你醒过来了 一切都会好起来的 |
[04:11] | I promise you. | 我保证 |
[04:14] | Thank you | 谢谢 |
[04:15] | I have to give you some simple tests. | 我得给你做些简单测试 |
[04:19] | Keep your eyes on me. | 眼睛看着我 |
[04:21] | Good. | 很好 |
[04:25] | Follow my finger. Good. | 眼睛跟着我的手指走 好的 |
[04:34] | When I say blink please blink. | 我说眨眼 你就眨眼 |
[04:44] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[04:48] | Now tell me your name. | 好 现在告诉我你的名字 |
[04:52] | Jean·Dominique Bauby. | 吉恩·多米尼克 波比 |
[04:54] | Come on try | 来 努力试下 |
[04:56] | I just did. | 我刚不是告诉你了吗 |
[04:57] | Try really hard say your name. | 努力试下 说出你的名字 |
[05:00] | Jean·Dominique Bauby. | 吉恩·多米尼克 波比 |
[05:01] | Try saying your children’s names. | 试试说下你孩子的名字 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1273个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:231个,六级词汇:119个,GRE词汇:123个,托福词汇:166个,考研词汇:255个,专四词汇:204个,专八词汇:30个, 所有生词标注共:423个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:07] | Thophile Cleste Hortense. | 西奥菲勒 席莱斯特 霍顿斯 |
[05:13] | Don’t worry. | 别着急 |
[05:16] | It’s a slow process. But your speech will come back. | 虽然缓慢 但你的语言功能会恢复的 |
[05:21] | What? Can’t you hear me doctor? Doctor? | 什么?难道你听不到我? 医生?医生? |
[05:26] | What’s happening? I can’t speak. | 到底是怎么了?我说不了话了 |
[05:29] | They can’t hear me. Oh my God. | 他们听不到我说话 天啊 |
[05:34] | I can’t speak. | 我说不了话了 |
[05:36] | What’s happened to me? | 我到底是怎么了? |
[05:40] | My name is Jean·Dominique Bauby. | 我叫吉恩·多米尼克 波比 |
[05:43] | Doctor? | 医生? |
[05:46] | All right all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[05:49] | I’ve had a stroke | 我中了风 |
[05:51] | my speech’ll come back my memory will come back | 我的语言和记忆都会恢复的 |
[05:53] | Everything will be alright Mr. Bauby. We are here to care for you. | 一切都会好起来的 波比先生 我们会好好照顾你的 |
[05:57] | I’ll be patient. | 我会耐心的 |
[06:01] | OK. | 好的 |
[06:03] | OK I believe you. | 好的 我相信你们 |
[06:17] | Who brought these flowers? | 这些花是谁送来的? |
[06:22] | Roses. | 玫瑰花 |
[06:39] | Ins | 伊莱斯 |
[06:54] | Did you sleep well? | 睡得还好吗? |
[07:00] | Let’s see. | 让我来看看 |
[07:13] | You’re going to have an important visitor. | 你的神经治疗师 |
[07:15] | Dr.Lepage your neurologist. | 莱裴奇医生要来查房 |
[07:17] | So we want you at your very best. | 所以希望你好好表现 |
[07:47] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[07:50] | I’m Alain Lepage your neurologist. | 我是神经治疗师 亚伦·莱裴奇医生 |
[07:52] | You know Dr. Cocheton of course. | 相信你已经见过科奇东医生了 |
[07:54] | Jean·Dominique… no no your friends call you Jean·Do. | 吉恩·多米尼克… 不 你的朋友都叫你吉多 |
[07:57] | So that’s what I’m going to call you. Think of me as your friend. | 我也会这么称呼你 把我当作你的朋友 |
[08:00] | Sure Doctor. | 没问题 医生 |
[08:02] | As a friend I know how difficult this is for you. | 作为朋友 我明白 眼下对你来说有多困难 |
[08:09] | Nobody here has explained to you the full extent of your condition. | 没有人向你说明你的病情 |
[08:16] | You’ve had what we call a cerebrovascular accident. | 你的情况 医学界称之为脑血管意外 |
[08:22] | It’s put your brain stem out of action. | 就是令你的脑干无法正常工作 |
[08:25] | The brain stem is an essential component of our internal computer | 脑干的作用非常重要 |
[08:31] | the link between the brain and the spinal cord. | 它是连接大脑和脊髓的桥梁 |
[08:35] | In the past we would have said you’d had a massive stroke. | 要在过去 我们会称 你这种情况为严重中风 |
[08:38] | You would very probably have died. | 生还几率近乎为零 |
[08:40] | But now we have such improved resuscitation techniques | 但是现在医学发达 |
[08:47] | that we’re able to prolong life. | 我们可以延长生命 |
[08:49] | Is this life? | 你就管这叫生命? |
[08:52] | -Is this life? -Yes prolong life. | -这就叫生命? -对 延长生命 |
[08:58] | I’m not going to mince words | 我不会对你隐瞒病情 |
[09:00] | Jean·Do. You are completely paralyzed. | 吉多 你现在全身瘫痪 |
[09:05] | You have realised you are unable to speak. | 你已经意识到了自己不能讲话 |
[09:12] | You have what we call… | 我们管这个叫… |
[09:17] | …’locked-in syndrome’. | …闭锁综合症 |
[09:22] | locked-in syndrome. | 闭锁综合症 |
[09:23] | Locked-in syndrome. | 闭锁综合症 |
[09:28] | It will be of no comfort to you but your condition is extremely rare. | 这必将给你带来诸多不便 但是你的情况十分罕见 |
[09:34] | And we simply don’t know the cause. | 我们对你的病因还毫无头绪 |
[09:37] | You don’t smoke and you’re not a heavy drinker. | 你不吸烟 也不酗酒 |
[09:40] | It just happened all of a sudden. | 这一切都是突如其来 |
[09:42] | However apart from being totally paralysed… | 但是 尽管全身瘫痪… |
[09:48] | …you are normal in every other respect. | …你的其他方面都很正常 |
[09:52] | Normal? | 正常? |
[09:52] | There is hope. | 还有希望 |
[09:55] | Your brain is functioning. | 你的大脑清醒正常 |
[09:58] | You’re able to understand us. | 你能明白我们 |
[10:00] | You follow our movements with your eyes. | 你的眼睛随我们的运动而移动 |
[10:02] | Although I’m not entirely happy with your right eye. | 尽管对你的右眼我有些失望 |
[10:08] | This muscle doesn’t work see? | 这部分肌肉坏死 看到没? |
[10:13] | The eye doesn’t get moisturized. | 眼球缺少水分 |
[10:17] | I’m afraid we have to cover that. | 恐怕我们要把它遮起来 |
[10:21] | Don’t we? | 是不是? |
[10:22] | Cover? | 遮起来? |
[10:24] | What does he want to cover? | 他想遮什么? |
[10:25] | but I’ll take a second guess on that. | 但是我会想办法补救的 |
[10:30] | We want you to take it easy for a few days. | 我们希望你好好休息几天 |
[10:35] | What d’you think I’m doing now? | 难道我现在不是在休息吗? |
[10:36] | …and then two beautiful young women will visit you. | …之后两个美女会来看你 |
[10:39] | And when I say beautiful I mean beautiful. | 可是真正的美女啊 |
[10:43] | Fine. | 好 |
[10:44] | They are great. Outstanding therapists and miracle workers. | 他们两个棒极了 了不起的治疗师 有妙手回春的本事 |
[10:50] | No miracles please. | 别说什么奇迹 |
[10:51] | And so as I say there’s hope.. | 就像我刚说的 还有希望… |
[10:55] | That’s what you all showed me. | 你刚才的那些就叫希望? |
[10:57] | You’ll be well looked after Jean·Do. Really. | 我们会好好照顾你的 吉多 |
[11:00] | That’s a good start. | 这话说的好 |
[11:01] | You’ll be well looked after. | 我们会好好照顾你的 |
[11:57] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[12:06] | Have I gone to heaven? | 难道这是在天堂? |
[12:08] | I’m Henriette. | 我叫亨瑞特 |
[12:09] | -And I’m Marie. -You can blink your eyes don’t you? | -我是玛丽 -你可以眨眼 对吗? |
[12:14] | So I want you to blink once for yes twice for no. | 你眨一下眼就是”是”的意思 眨两下眼就是”不是” |
[12:18] | Fine! Two beauties and I’m helpless. | 太好了!两个大美人 而我却是不可救药 |
[12:22] | Can you read that? | 你能读这个吗? |
[12:23] | Where? | 什么? |
[12:25] | -H. Durand logopediste. -Can you see Durand? | -杜兰德 语言障碍科 -你能看到”杜兰德”吗? |
[12:29] | -Good Mr. Bauby. -Mrs. or Miss? | -好的 波比先生 -你是否还是单身? |
[12:31] | I’m your physical therapist. | 我是你的理疗师 |
[12:33] | First you have to learn again to swallow. | 首先你得学会吞咽食物 |
[12:35] | So I’ll be working on your tongue and lips. | 所以我会先帮你在舌头和嘴唇上做些练习 |
[12:39] | Sounds fun. | 听起来还挺有意思 |
[12:40] | And I’m your speech therapist. | 我是你的语言训练师 |
[12:42] | Until you can actually speak again | 在你开口讲话之前 |
[12:44] | I have to find a way for you to communicate. | 我会想办法叫你和外界交流的 |
[12:47] | Your condition is extremely rare. | 你的病情非常罕见 |
[12:49] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:50] | …we’re going to have to work very hard. | …所以我们会尽最大努力帮助你 |
[12:52] | So we’d better get started. | 那我们现在就开始吧 |
[12:55] | Exactly. I just came in to introduce myself. See you. | 没错 我只是过来 自我介绍一下的 再见 |
[13:01] | See you. | 再见 |
[13:12] | I want you to know… | 我想叫你知道… |
[13:15] | …that this is perhaps the most important job I’ve ever been given. | …这大概是我所接受的最重要的工作 |
[13:19] | and I’m determined to succeed. With your help of course. | 我势在必得 当然还需要你的帮助支持 |
[13:26] | I think you understand but I will ask you some questions. | 我需要问你几个问题 希望你能理解 |
[13:32] | OK? | 好吗? |
[13:34] | Remember you answer by blinking once for yes | 记住 眨一下眼睛代表”同意” |
[13:37] | or twice for no.. | 两下就表示”反对” |
[13:42] | Am I a man? | 我是男人吗? |
[13:44] | Am I a woman? | 是女人吗? |
[13:49] | Is the sun too bright for you? | 是不是阳光太刺眼了? |
[13:54] | Is it midnight now? | 现在是午夜时分吗? |
[13:56] | What kinds of questions are this? | 这都是些什么问题啊? |
[13:58] | Are we in Paris? | 我们现在是在巴黎吗? |
[14:02] | Are we in Berck? | 那是在贝克吗? |
[14:04] | Does wood float? | 木头能漂浮吗? |
[14:06] | I don’t think so. | 应该不能吧 |
[14:08] | Do you remember having your stroke? | 你还记得中风的事吗? |
[14:13] | Were you the editor of Elle magazine? | 你是”世界时装之苑”杂志主编吗? |
[14:16] | Yes I was the editor-in-chief of Elle. | 是的 我是”世界时装之苑”的总编 |
[14:20] | To Alaia’s | 到阿勒亚去 |
[14:59] | Your right eye isn’t working properly. | 你的右眼功能失常 |
[15:01] | Can you hear me? | 能听到我吗? |
[15:03] | Your right eye isn’t working properly. I’m going to sew it up. | 你的右眼功能失常 所以我要把它缝起来 |
[15:09] | Sew it up? | 缝起来? |
[15:10] | That happens… | 这是因为… |
[15:12] | …an ulcerated cornea. | …角膜溃烂的原因 |
[15:17] | I’ve been skiing in St. Moritz. It’s wonderful there now. | 我总是去圣莫丽斯滑雪 现在是滑雪的最佳季节 |
[15:22] | I don’t give a shit. | 这个我他妈的才不关心 |
[15:24] | nothing like sailing down a slope with the wind in your face.. | 迎风滑下雪坡的感觉真是太爽了 |
[15:29] | Keep away from me | 离我远点 |
[15:30] | Don’t worry | 别担心 |
[15:31] | keep away from me | 滚开 |
[15:33] | You won’t feel a thing. | 一点都不痛 |
[15:35] | Please. | 别这样 |
[15:36] | No please don’t… | 不 请别这样… |
[15:38] | You won’t feel anything. Just be quiet. | 一点都不会痛 别动 |
[15:41] | Don’t | 不要 |
[15:47] | I’ve done this dozens of times. | 这种小手术我做的多了去了 |
[15:51] | It will be fine. | 没事的 |
[16:02] | Don’t worry. | 别怕 |
[16:04] | Almost done. A few more pinpricks. | 再缝几针 马上就好了 |
[16:09] | Perfect even if I say so myself. | 好极了 真是太好了 |
[16:13] | Done. | 缝好了 |
[16:23] | We’re going to dress you to cheer you up a bit. | 我们要给你打扮一番 叫你高兴高兴 |
[16:27] | Afterwards we have a surprise. | 之后有个意外的惊喜给你 |
[16:57] | We’re going to try you in this wheelchair. | 让你试下这个轮椅 |
[17:05] | OK. | 好的 |
[17:07] | Wheel him up and down will you? | 推他几下 好吗? |
[17:13] | These are my students. Pay no attention to them. | 这些都是我的学生 别在意他们 |
[17:18] | I want to be sure that sitting like that | 我想确定他那样坐 |
[17:20] | won’t trigger uncontrollable muscular spasms. | 不会引起肌肉痉挛 |
[17:23] | He needs a cushion behind his head | 给他的头部加一个靠垫 |
[17:25] | Sorry we have to do this to you Jean·Do. Excellent. Excellent. | 对不起 吉多 我们必须这么做 好 好极了 |
[17:30] | You can handle the wheelchair. | 你用这轮椅应该没问题 |
[17:33] | You can handle the wheelchair. What an honor. | 你能坐这轮椅 真给我面子啊 |
[17:36] | That is good news. | 这是叫你高兴一下的好消息 |
[17:38] | And now for the surprise | 现在是给你的意外惊喜 |
[17:54] | Oh my God who’s that? Me? | 哦 天啊 那是谁?是我吗? |
[17:59] | I look as if I’ve emerged from a vat of formaldehyde. | 我看上去就好像 刚从防腐剂液里捞出来一样 |
[18:05] | Horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[18:08] | Is that my surprise? To see myself? | 这就是给我的意外惊喜吗? 就是见识下自己现在的尊容? |
[18:25] | Cline. | 席琳 |
[18:35] | How are you? OK let me explain that. | 你好吗?来 我来给你说明一些情况 |
[18:39] | Isn’t this a wonderful surprise Jean·Do? | 是不是个意外惊喜 吉多? |
[18:41] | Your first visitor is your wife. | 你妻子第一个来探望你 |
[18:44] | No she’s the mother of my children. | 不 她只是我孩子的母亲 |
[18:47] | He understands everything. Everything. | 他什么都能理解 |
[18:51] | If you ask a question make it a yes-or-no question. OK? | 如果有话问他 最好是”是”或”不是”的问题 好吗? |
[18:55] | He’ll blink. One for yes two for no. | 他会眨眼 眨一下是肯定 两下是否定 |
[19:00] | OK. | 好的 |
[19:01] | One more thing. Stay in front of him when you talk to him. OK? | 还有一点 说话的时候最好正对着他 |
[19:08] | If you stand here he can’t see you and here neither. | 要是站在这里 或者这里 他就看不到你了 |
[19:12] | Talk to him like this. Right Jean·Do? | 像这样的和他交谈 是不是 吉多? |
[19:15] | I’ll leave you. I’m sure you have a lot to say to each other… | 你们单独待会儿吧 你们一定有很多话要谈… |
[19:40] | They tell me you’re doing… | 他们告诉我 你… |
[19:46] | Everyone sends their love. And their prayers. | 大家都要我问候祝福你 |
[19:51] | I didn’t bring the children. | 我没有带孩子们来 |
[19:54] | I thought I should see you first. | 我觉得应该先来看看你 |
[19:57] | They’re both well. They miss you. | 他们都很好 而且很想念你 |
[20:02] | Celeste prays for you every night. | 席莱斯特每晚都为你祈祷 |
[20:09] | Do you want me to bring them? | 你想见他们吗? |
[20:12] | Don’t you want to see them? | 你不想见见他们? |
[20:22] | Laurent wants to visit. Do you want to see him? | 劳伦想来看你 你想见他吗? |
[20:28] | Him you want to see. | 你想见他 |
[20:31] | I’ll tell him. | 我会告诉他的 |
[20:55] | Has she been to see you? | 她来看过你吗? |
[21:05] | I’ve met the speech therapist. I like her. | 我见过你的语言治疗师 我很喜欢她 |
[21:09] | She thinks she can help you. | 她觉得她可以帮助你 |
[21:22] | Please don’t cry. | 别哭 |
[21:31] | I know Berck station. I can see her now. | 我知道贝克车站 能预见她此时的心情 |
[21:37] | It’s the most depressing place in the world. | 那里是世界上最伤感之地 |
[21:40] | Well it certainly was when I had my holidays here as a child. | 至少对于小时候在那里 度假的我来说是伤感之地 |
[21:45] | Berck. The end of summer. | 贝克 暑假终结点 |
[21:47] | Waiting with my father for the Paris train. | 和老爸一起默默地 等待驶往巴黎的火车 |
[21:51] | It was desolate then and it’ll be more desolate now. | 那时的荒凉之地 现在更是凄凉的袅无人烟 |
[21:57] | I treated her so badly. And the children too. | 我不懂得善待她 对孩子也是如此 |
[22:04] | And now I will never be able to make amends. | 而如今我却再没机会弥补这一切 |
[22:10] | Never. | 再也不能了 |
[22:11] | Look at this. | 看着这个 |
[22:15] | As you can see it’s not the alphabet we learned at school. | 你也能看出来 这不是我们所知的字母表 |
[22:19] | These letters are presented in order of usage frequency. | 这些字母是按使用频率安排的 |
[22:22] | Do you understand? | 明白吗? |
[22:25] | E S A R I N… E S A R I N… | |
[22:31] | Usage frequency? | 使用频率? |
[22:39] | I’ve talked to a host of colleagues… | 我问过很多同事… |
[22:42] | …and I think I’ve come up with a viable system. | …我想我这个方法应该可行 |
[22:45] | Good for you. | 那恭喜了 |
[22:46] | This is how it works. | 方法是这样的 |
[22:47] | You think of something to say. When you’re ready blink. | 你想想要说的话 想好之后 就眨眨眼 |
[22:53] | I’ll recite this alphabet very slowly letter by letter. | 我会朗读这些字母 一个字母一个字母的慢慢读 |
[22:58] | When I get to the first letter of your word blink. | 当出现你要表达单词的 第一个字母时 你就眨眨眼睛 |
[23:01] | I’ll write it down letter for letter and so on. | 我会记下这个字母 之后以此类推 |
[23:06] | In that way we’ll form words and sentences. | 这样 我们就可以组词造句了 |
[23:10] | Two other things: blink twice when the word is formed. | 另外两件事是 单词拼好后 眨两下眼睛 |
[23:14] | As if you’re hitting the space bar on a keyboard. | 就好像敲击键盘空格键一样 |
[23:17] | And blink rapidly if we make a mistake. | 要是出错的话 就快速眨眼 |
[23:20] | I know it sounds terribly arduous but | 我知道这方法听起来繁琐之极 但是… |
[23:22] | believe me we’ll become expert very quickly. | 相信我 我们很快就会运用自如的 |
[23:25] | And your friends and family can use it too. | 你的朋友和家人也可以 用这个方法和你交流 |
[23:29] | Are you ready for this? Look at me. | 准备好了吗?看着我 |
[23:33] | Do you want to try? | 想不想试试看? |
[23:35] | Have you thought of something you want to say? | 有什么想说的吗? |
[23:38] | Good. | 好的 |
[23:40] | So let’s begin. | 我们开始吧 |
[23:41] | Wait no… | 等下 不要… |
[23:44] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说些什么 |
[23:46] | E E. | |
[23:47] | Is E the first letter? | E是你想说的单词首字母吗? |
[23:50] | No. | 不是 |
[23:51] | E is not the first letter. | E不是首字母 |
[23:53] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说些什么 |
[23:56] | It’s difficult I know so let’s go slowly. | 我知道这并不容易 我们慢慢来 |
[24:01] | E S A… E S A… | |
[24:12] | That’s too slow. | 这也太慢了 |
[24:15] | I can’t keep my eyelids open that long. Get cracking! | 我的眼皮可睁不了那么久 快点! |
[24:22] | I… I… | |
[24:27] | I? | I吗? |
[24:27] | Good. | 好 |
[24:31] | Is I the first word? | I是首字母吗? |
[24:33] | My first word is I. I begin with myself. | 首字母是I 那就从”我”开始吧 |
[24:37] | E S… E S… | |
[24:39] | S? S? | |
[24:40] | No. | 不是 |
[24:41] | No? | 不是? |
[24:43] | Not S. | 不是S |
[24:43] | That was too fast. | 你刚才念的太快了 |
[24:49] | It doesn’t work. This is a nightmare. It’ll never work. | 这方法不行 简直太可怕了 根本不可能行得通 |
[24:54] | Shall we go on? | 继续好吗? |
[24:56] | I’ve had enough. | 我受够了 |
[25:04] | Leave me alone. | 别烦我了 |
[25:31] | Up down up. | 上 下 上 |
[25:36] | Under my arms. | 我的腋下 |
[25:39] | The back of my legs. | 我的裆部 |
[25:42] | I’m forty-two years old… | 我已经42岁了… |
[25:45] | …and I’m being handled like a big baby. | …却象个大婴儿一样被照顾 |
[25:51] | my private parts wiped and swaddled. | 我的私处就这样被擦洗包裹 |
[25:56] | That’s ridiculous. | 真太荒唐了 |
[26:00] | But as the poet says: | 但是正如诗中所云 |
[26:03] | only a fool laughs when there’s nothing to laugh at. | 自我嘲讽 自我娱乐嘛 |
[26:07] | Blow me a kiss. | 给我”啵”一个 |
[26:11] | Come on. | 快点啊 |
[26:14] | Try it. | 试试 |
[26:21] | Come on. | 加油 |
[26:24] | Try. | 努力试下 |
[26:26] | It’s difficult. | 这不容易 |
[26:28] | No mirror. | 别拿镜子 |
[26:29] | But that’s what I want you to work at. | 你要努力练习一下 |
[26:31] | Not that face. | 不要照我的脸 |
[26:32] | When you’re resting or watching TV or any time at all | 等你休息或是看电视的时候 |
[26:36] | I want you to work at blowing me a kiss. | 你要试着练练给我送个香吻 |
[26:39] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[26:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:41] | And one other thing you have to practise as much as possible. | 另外 你还要尽量多练习的是 |
[26:45] | And that’s sliding your tongue to the back of your palate. | 将舌头滑入上颚后部 |
[26:50] | That’s how you’ll learn to swallow again. Watch. | 这样你就可以吞咽食物了 看着 就象这样 |
[27:00] | This just isn’t fair. Not fair. | 这太不公平了 不公平啊 |
[27:11] | You try it. | 你试一下 |
[27:12] | Put that mirror away. | 快把镜子拿走 |
[27:15] | Open your mouth. | 张开嘴 |
[27:19] | Good. | 好的 |
[27:20] | Try sliding your tongue backwards. | 试着把舌头往后滑 |
[27:27] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[27:28] | Try go on. | 试试 继续 |
[27:30] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[27:32] | Good! You moved your tongue. | 太好了!你的舌头动了 |
[27:35] | Don’t make a fool of me. | 别骗我了 |
[27:37] | Very good. Again. | 非常好 再来一次 |
[27:41] | Unbelievable. Good. | 简直难以置信 太好了 |
[27:44] | Yes but true. | 没错 真难以置信 |
[27:50] | I’ll help you to move your head on your own. Like that. | 我会帮你练习 直到你可以自己 转动头为止 就象这样 |
[27:58] | You’re doing it all. | 你又来了 |
[28:00] | Left. | 向左 |
[28:02] | Good. | 好 |
[28:04] | Right. Good. | 向右 好 |
[28:09] | Left again. | 再向左 |
[28:22] | Can you feel my hands on your face? | 能感觉到我的手轻抚你的脸吗? |
[28:25] | No. | 不能 |
[28:27] | Never mind you will you will. | 没事的 你会感觉到的 会的 |
[28:34] | We’re all very sorry for what’s happened to you. | 我们对你的遭遇深表同情 |
[28:38] | I’m a regular reader of Elle. I love it. | 我是”世界时装之苑”的忠实读者 我爱死那杂志了 |
[28:43] | I just wish all the models didn’t look like boys. | 我只是希望模特不要太男性化 |
[28:52] | I don’t think so. | 我可不这么看 |
[28:53] | They’re getting thinner and thinner. | 现在的模特越来越瘦 |
[28:58] | An odd fashion. | 令人费解的流行趋势 |
[29:00] | How beautiful she is. | 她可真美 |
[29:04] | I have a strong faith. I pray for you every day. | 我信念坚强 每天都会为你祈祷的 |
[29:11] | He can only see with his right eye. | 他只有左眼有视力 |
[29:14] | Look straight at him when you talk. | 说话的时候正视他 |
[29:16] | Who is that? | 那是谁? |
[29:22] | Pierre Roussin. | 皮埃尔·罗斯 |
[29:28] | Do you remember me? | 还记得我吗? |
[29:30] | Of course. | 当然 |
[29:31] | He blinks once for yes… | 他眨一下眼就是肯定… |
[29:33] | Damn I didn’t call him back. | 该死 我没有给他回电话 |
[29:35] | -Do you want me to leave? -No please not. | -要我回避下吗? -不 不用 |
[29:39] | Why didn’t I call him back? | 我为什么没给他回电话呢? |
[29:42] | I heard what happened to you. And I just wanted… | 我听说了你的遭遇 我只是想… |
[29:48] | I was compelled to come and see you | 因为我的亲身经历 |
[29:50] | because of what happened to me. | 我一定要来看望你 |
[29:54] | In a way I know what you’re going through | 某种程度上来说 我能理解你现在所经历的 |
[30:00] | Being taken hostage is not | 人质的生活 |
[30:03] | so different from what you’re going through | 和你现在的境地别无二样 |
[30:08] | Am I right? | 我说的对吗? |
[30:09] | Hostage? | 人质? |
[30:11] | Jean·Dominique was kind enough to give me his seat on a flight | 吉恩·多米尼克善意的将机位让给我 |
[30:16] | The plane was high-jacked | 结果那架飞机被劫持 |
[30:20] | and I remained a hostage in Beirut for four years. | 作为人质 我在贝鲁特关押了4年 |
[30:24] | Four years four months two weeks five days | 一共是4年 4个月 两周 5天 |
[30:27] | and seven hours. | 外加7小时 |
[30:29] | They kept me in a cellar. Very small. Dark. | 他们把我关押在又小又黑的地窖里 |
[30:34] | It was hard to breathe. | 那里简直令人窒息 |
[30:38] | I called it my tomb. | 我称之为我的坟墓 |
[30:43] | I know a lot about wines. | 我对酒颇有研究 |
[30:46] | What happened to his hand? | 他的手是怎么了? |
[30:49] | I used to recite aloud | 我经常高声背诵1855年 |
[30:52] | the wines of the Bordeaux classification of 1855. | 波尔多葡萄酒分类 |
[30:57] | Chteau Margaux Margaux. Chteau Lafite Rotschild Pauillac. | 玛歌酒 拉菲酒 波亚克酒 |
[31:06] | That’s what preserved my sanity. | 这些促使我活下来 |
[31:14] | Most times I was in despair. Suicidal. Angry. | 绝大多数时间 我都极度郁闷 自暴自弃 满腔仇恨 |
[31:24] | The beatings the filth the cruelty. | 我所遭受的毒打 残暴和污言秽语 |
[31:28] | But the worst was the waiting. | 但是最难以忍受的 还是那份焦灼的等待 |
[31:33] | I survived. | 可我最终还是活了下来 |
[31:37] | I survived because I held fast to my own humanity. | 我之所以活下来 是因为坚守自己的尊严 |
[31:46] | That’s all I could do because that’s all I had | 那是我仅存的东西 也是我唯一可以做的事情 |
[31:49] | just like you. | 就像此时的你一样 |
[31:55] | Cling to your own humanity and you’ll survive. | 坚守尊严 你就能坚强的活下来 |
[32:02] | Humanity? Easy. | 尊严?我没听错吧? |
[32:04] | I just had to say that to you in person. | 我只是想亲口对你说这些 |
[32:08] | Why didn’t I call him when he was back from Beirut? | 为什么他从贝鲁特回来时 我没有给他打电话? |
[32:13] | I felt too guilty. | 我好过意不去啊 |
[32:15] | It’s ridiculous… | 很可笑… |
[32:17] | It’s not. I feel ashamed. | 不 我真是无耻 |
[32:32] | I? I? | |
[32:35] | W? W? | |
[32:37] | I want? | 我想? |
[32:40] | What do you want Mr. Bauby? | 你想要什么 波比先生? |
[32:53] | D D. | |
[33:04] | I I. | |
[33:15] | E E. | |
[33:21] | Die. | 死 |
[33:25] | You want to die? | 你想要死? |
[33:29] | How dare you! | 你怎么敢这么想? |
[33:35] | There are people who love you and care for you. | 这么多爱你关心你的人 |
[33:39] | I hardly know you and yet I’m there for you. | 我和你素不相识 却也在这里帮助你 |
[33:42] | And you’re alive. So don’t say you want to die. | 你还活着 所以 别说什么”想要死”之类的话 |
[33:45] | It’s offensive and obscene. | 这太无礼了 |
[33:53] | You want to continue? | 还想继续吗? |
[33:57] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[34:00] | I’ll come back another time and see if you’ve changed your mind. | 我一会再来 看你是不是会改变想法 |
[34:27] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[34:38] | Why? | 为什么? |
[34:39] | I went too far. | 我说的太过了 |
[34:45] | Rest yourself. | 你好好休息吧 |
[35:01] | Do you like it? I didn’t really know what to bring. | 喜欢吗?我实在 不知道该带什么来看你 |
[35:05] | Look I also brought this. | 看 我还带了这个来 |
[35:09] | One moment. | 等一下啊 |
[35:10] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么? |
[35:13] | What is that? | 那是什么东西? |
[35:15] | That’s not true. This makes me look like a rabbit. | 不要啊 带上会看上去象兔子 |
[35:21] | I just read the letters and you blink is that OK? | 我读字母 你眨眼睛 好吗? |
[35:24] | Let it be. | 随你吧 |
[35:25] | OK? | 准备好了? |
[35:31] | S of A? | S还是A |
[35:32] | As you want it. | 随你便 |
[35:34] | A A. | |
[35:35] | Good then A. | 好 那就A吧 |
[35:45] | N? N? | |
[35:47] | Good N. | 好 N |
[35:51] | Anne. | 安娜 |
[35:56] | You have to look at me Laurent. | 劳伦 你得看我才成啊 |
[35:59] | Shit I forgot to look at you. Sorry I’ll start again and slow down. | 糟了 我忘了看你了 对不起 我再来一次 这次慢点 |
[36:04] | As you like it… | 随你… |
[36:14] | Funny. | 真有趣 |
[36:15] | I’ve never been a good hospital visitor. | 我从来都不知道如何探视病人 |
[36:19] | I’m the sort who brings food and then eats it. | 我只会带吃的来 然后自己把它打扫了 |
[36:21] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[36:22] | Why did that have to happen to you? | 为什么这事会发生在你身上? |
[36:24] | Everybody’s talking about it. I was in Cafe de Flore last night… | 大家都在谈论你 昨晚 我在甫洛咖啡馆… |
[36:28] | …I heard someone say | …我听见有人说 |
[36:31] | Did you know that Jean·Do Bauby is now a complete vegetable?’ | “你们知道吗 现在吉多成植物人了?” |
[36:34] | Vegetable. | 植物人 |
[36:35] | He can’t see you. | 他看不到你 |
[36:36] | Who said that? | 是谁说的? |
[36:39] | And what sort of vegetable? | 哪种”植物”人? |
[36:41] | A carrot a potato a pickled cucumber? | 胡萝卜 土豆还是腌黄瓜? |
[38:00] | Today it seems to me that | 如今看来 |
[38:03] | my whole life was nothing but a string of failures. | 我的人生是如此的失败 |
[38:07] | the women I was unable to love the chances I failed to seize… | 那些我无法去爱的女人 那些没有把握住的机会… |
[38:12] | …the moments of happiness I allowed to drift away… | …那些不曾珍惜的幸福时光… |
[38:17] | A race whose result you know beforehand… | 就好像早已能预见到结局的比赛… |
[38:20] | …but in which you fail to bet on the winner. | …但我却偏偏下错赌注 |
[38:25] | Have I been blind or stupid? | 我是不是瞎了 或是呆了? |
[38:27] | Or does it take the harsh light of disaster | 亦或是只有在残酷现实中 |
[38:29] | to to show a person their true nature? | 人的本质才得以体现? |
[38:41] | I’m still here. | 我又回来了 |
[38:47] | Would you like me to work with you today? | 今天想和我一起努力下吗? |
[38:56] | Good. | 好的 |
[38:59] | We’re going to master this. | 这个我们会驾轻就熟的 |
[39:02] | Do you agree? | 同意吗? |
[39:03] | Yes mistress. | 是的 老大 |
[39:04] | OK. | 好的 |
[39:06] | I’ll begin. | 那我开始啦 |
[39:22] | T? T? | |
[39:25] | H? H? | |
[39:31] | A? A? | |
[39:40] | K? Thank you. | K?谢谢 |
[39:43] | Thank you? | 谢谢? |
[39:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:48] | May I call you Jean·Do? | 我能叫你吉多吗? |
[39:50] | Women are not complicated. | 女人其实很简单 |
[39:52] | Thank you Jean·Do. | 谢谢你 吉多 |
[40:05] | I? I? | |
[40:12] | I have? | 我已经? |
[40:14] | I have decided not feel sorry for myself again. | 我决定不再自暴自弃 |
[40:22] | Apart from my eyes there two more things that aren’t paralysed. | 除了我的眼睛外 还有两样东西没有瘫痪 |
[40:28] | My imagination… | 我的想象… |
[40:32] | …and my memory. | …以及我的记忆 |
[40:47] | My imagination and my memory are | 只有想象和记忆才能 |
[40:50] | the only way I can escape my diving bell. | 令我摆脱潜水钟的束服 |
[41:18] | I can imagine anything anyone anywhere | 我的想象可以自由驰骋 |
[41:30] | I let the sea wash over me on the isle of Martinique. | 想象中 马提尼克岛的 海水冲刷我的躯体 |
[41:33] | Visit the women I love. | 想象中 我探访深爱着的女人 |
[41:46] | Bow before Ozym Andias king of kings. | 想象中 我在万王之王 拉姆西斯面前伏首称臣 |
[41:56] | I can imagine anything. | 我的想象无所不涉 |
[42:00] | As a child I dreamed of my abilities as an adult. | 小时候我就常常幻想着长大 |
[42:06] | Now I want to remember myself as I was. | 如今我却想记住从前的自己 |
[42:09] | Handsome debonair glamorous. And devilishly attractive | 潇洒 快乐 风度翩翩 |
[42:13] | Yes glamorous and handsome some people said. | 没错 就是有人夸我 潇洒 风度翩翩 |
[42:17] | That’s not me that’s Marlon Brando. | 那可不是我 那是马龙·白兰度 |
[42:20] | That’s me. | 这才是我 |
[42:55] | -Is this Betty Mialet? -Yes this is she. | -请问是贝蒂·米兰特吗? -对 我就是 |
[42:59] | My name is Henriette Durand. | 我是亨瑞特·杜兰德 |
[43:02] | I’m a therapist at Berck-sur-Mer Naval Hospital. | 是贝克海滨医院的医师 |
[43:04] | I’m calling on behalf of one of my patients Jean·Dominique Bauby. | 我是代表我的病人 吉恩·多米尼克 波比打电话给你的 |
[43:09] | Jean·Do? How is he? | 吉多?他还好吗? |
[43:12] | -Comfortable but… -I heard he’s completely paralyzed. | -很惬意 但是… -我听说他全身瘫痪了 |
[43:16] | That he can’t communicate with anybody. | 不能与外界交流 |
[43:18] | That’s not absolutely accurate. | 并不完全这样 |
[43:22] | Come in. | 请进 |
[43:24] | He wants me to ask you for a favour. | 他想请您帮个忙 |
[43:28] | Of course. Can you wait a minute? | 当然了 请稍等一下 |
[43:31] | Anything. | 什么忙都可以 |
[43:33] | He says he has a contract with you for a book. | 他告诉我和您有一本书的合约 |
[43:36] | He said that? He can speak I thought he couldn’t speak. | 这是他说的?那就是说 他可以说话了 真没想到 |
[43:39] | He can. In a way. I’ll explain later. | 他可以的 某种程度上 我一会儿解释给你 |
[43:44] | -About this book… -Yes he’s got a contract with us | -关于那本书… -没错 他是和我们有合约 |
[43:49] | -…but now given the circumstances… -He wants to fulfill it. | -…但是 考虑到目前的情况… -他想完成合约 |
[43:53] | -He wants to write the book. -You can’t be serious? | -他想写书 -你不是开玩笑吧? |
[43:59] | Let me assure you he can. | 我向您保证 他可以的 |
[44:02] | but do you think you can find someone to take his dictation? | 但是您能不能找个人 帮他记录书稿? |
[44:09] | Someone who’s patient. | 找个耐心的人 |
[44:12] | Somebody with a lot of time. Someone special. | 有充裕时间的 特别的人 |
[44:18] | Yes I understand. I’ll get back to you. | 我明白 我回头联系你 |
[44:23] | Betty Mialet said Claude Mendibil was sent from heaven. | 贝蒂·米兰特说 克劳德·曼蒂毕是上天派来的 |
[44:26] | She said no one could be more perfect for this. | 说她是最合适的人选 |
[44:29] | 贝蒂总是喜欢夸大其辞 我还要和亨瑞特多多练习 Betty always exaggerates. I will have to practise with Henri雝te. | |
[44:33] | Any time. | 时刻练习 |
[44:36] | He wants to say something. | 他有话要说 |
[44:46] | No? | 不? |
[45:03] | No panic. | 别紧张 |
[45:09] | Claude has taken a room in a hotel. | 克劳德在医院有个房间 |
[45:12] | Perhaps you ought to discuss a routine. | 也许你们可以讨论下写书的事情 |
[45:14] | The nurses wake me at 5 a.m. I’ll think of what I want to write. | 护士每天5点钟叫醒我 我会思考想要写的内容 |
[45:21] | You can come at eight then I’ll dictate it to you. | 你8点过来 之后帮我记录 |
[45:26] | Good. I’ll do my best for you. | 好的 我会竭尽所能帮你 |
[45:29] | I know you will. | 我知道你会的 |
[45:32] | Can we begin tomorrow? | 我们明天开始 好吗? |
[45:34] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[46:06] | Through? | 透过? |
[46:07] | Through the frayed curtain of my window… | 透过破旧的窗帘… |
[46:10] | …a wan glow announces the break of day. | …天边的一抹鱼肚白 暗示着崭新的一天 |
[46:14] | My heels hurt my head weighs a ton | 我步履艰难 头昏脑胀 |
[46:18] | my whole body is encased in a kind of diving suit. | 我的整个身体 像是被囚禁于潜水服中 |
[46:22] | My task now is to write the motionless travel notes… | 我现在的任务就是 在这被人遗忘的孤独海岸上… |
[46:26] | …from a castaway on the shores of loneliness. | …完成静止的游记 |
[46:30] | This Naval Hospital has in its time | 这座海军医院曾经是 |
[46:33] | been a home to children with tuberculosis | 患肺结核病孩子的收拢所 |
[46:37] | In the hall there’s a white marble bust… | 大厅里 现在还立着 一座白色大理石胸像… |
[46:41] | …of Empress Eugnie the wife of Napoleon III… | …那是拿破仑3世的妻子 这座医院的赞助人… |
[46:45] | …the hospital’s patroness. She came here regularly. | …欧耶尼皇后 她时常来探望这里 |
[46:49] | There was a fat farm a school and a place where | 这里曾经有一个减肥中心 一所学校 此外… |
[46:54] | …the great Diaghilev rehearsed his Ballet Russe.. | …印象派大师狄亚基雷夫的 俄罗斯芭蕾舞团曾在这里排练… |
[46:57] | They say it was here that Nijinsky leapt | 人们说正是在这里尼金斯基 |
[47:00] | twelve feet into the air. | 作出了他那惊人的一两英尺腾空跳 |
[47:06] | No one here now leaps into the air. | 现在这里没人可以腾空跳 |
[47:09] | These days they are all elderly enfeebled | 如今这里都是老弱病残 |
[47:12] | or like me rigid and mute. | 或者是 象我这样失去行动和语言能力的人 |
[47:16] | A battalion of cripples. | 俨然一个残障行营 |
[47:22] | But I like being wheeled to the place I call Cinecitta. | 但是我却喜欢被推到一个 我称之为”欣欣塔”的地方 |
[47:26] | A perpetually deserted terrace a vast series | 那是一个废弃的大平台 |
[47:27] | of balconies that open onto a landscape… | 有很多向外延伸的大阳台… |
[47:29] | …heavy with the poetic and offbeat charm of a movie set. | …就象电影场景一样 充满诗意与不规则性 |
[47:34] | A handful of buildings at the foot of the sand dunes | 沙丘下的一排排建筑 |
[47:38] | give the illusion of a ghost town in a Western. | 令人想起西方电影中的鬼镇 |
[47:41] | And I enjoy seeing the suburbs of Berck | 这幅贝克郊外景致 |
[47:44] | that look like a model train lay-out.. | 如同火车布景模型般令我陶醉… |
[47:48] | The sea foams such an incandescent white that it might | 如此白炽的海浪 |
[47:51] | be the product of the special-effects department. | 如同特效营造的产物 |
[47:53] | But my favorite sight of all is the lighthouse. | 但我最欣赏的却是灯塔 |
[47:57] | tall robust reassuring in red and white stripes.. | 那红白相间的条纹 令人倍感高大 坚固 可靠.. |
[48:02] | I place myself under the protection of this brotherly symbol… | 我将自己置身于 这亲切的标志庇护之下… |
[48:06] | …guardian not just of sailors but of the sick… | …它不仅仅是水手的庇护… |
[48:09] | …whom fate has cast to the far edge of life. | …也能将生命垂危之人远离病痛 |
[48:13] | The two highlights of this mini museum are a white marble bust… | 这个小型博物馆的两大亮点就是 白色大理石胸像… |
[48:19] | …which embodies the radiant youth | …刻画的是 |
[48:25] | …of a princess who died with 94… | …一位神采奕奕的年轻公主… |
[48:27] | Five hours of work. Doesn’t sound bad. | 五小时的成果 还不赖 |
[48:35] | It’s not Balzac. | 我不是巴尔扎克 |
[48:39] | Shall I continue? | 还要我继续吗? |
[48:42] | Read Balzac to me. | 给我读读巴尔扎克 |
[48:47] | Or Graham Greene. | 或者是格雷厄姆·格林 |
[48:50] | “…When the light came half-heartedly back | 当光慢慢悠悠的照回来 |
[48:52] | “Suddenly a policeman slapped him | 突然 以个警察打了他一下 |
[48:57] | “He felt shock rather than anger | 他感到震惊 而不是愤怒 |
[49:00] | He came from a law-abiding class | 他来自一个视警察 |
[49:03] | who saw the police as protection. | 为保护伞的守法社会 |
[49:06] | I’m 45 divorced and I want to speak the consul. | 我45岁 离异 想和执政官说几句话… |
[49:10] | “The officer who had called him a pig demanded his passport.” | 那个曾经叫他猪的军官要求看他的护照 |
[49:45] | -What’s that? -Is it a man or a woman? | -那是谁? -是男的还是女的? |
[49:52] | -A man. I think. -He winked at you. | -我觉得是男的 -他在向你眨眼示意呢 |
[49:58] | Excuse me but did you order a speaker phone? | 打扰下 是你订的扬声电话吗? |
[50:09] | Did you order a phone? | 你订了电话吗? |
[50:14] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们走吧 |
[50:18] | Who let you in? What are you doing? | 谁叫你们进来的?你们是干什么的? |
[50:21] | We’re from Telecom France. | 我们是法国电信局的 |
[50:24] | You should have gone to Reception first. | 你们应该先去楼下接待处的 |
[50:26] | There was no one there. | 刚才那儿没人 |
[50:29] | Just install it by the table please thank you. | 把电话装在桌子那儿 谢谢 |
[50:39] | Be careful please. | 轻点 谢谢 |
[50:43] | We’ll let people know you’ve got a phone now. | 我们会通知其他人 你有自己的专用电话 |
[50:45] | They’ll have to book a time for their calls. | 他们打电话来需要提前预约 |
[50:48] | We’ll make sure someone’s with you. | 到时候会有人在这里陪你 |
[50:56] | Excuse me madame can’t he speak? | 对不起 女士 他不能说话吗? |
[50:58] | Don’t talk about him as if he weren’t here. | 别以这种目中无人的口气说话 |
[51:01] | Ask him. | 你问他啊 |
[51:03] | Madame excuse me but if he can’t speak | 女士 对不起 要是他不能讲话的话 |
[51:05] | what’s he want a phone for? | 要电话做什么? |
[51:07] | Perhaps he’s a heavy breather. | 也许他可以喘粗气 |
[51:13] | You think you’re funny? | 你觉得自己很幽默吗? |
[51:18] | How dare you! | 你怎么能这样! |
[51:21] | You miss a sense of humor Henriette. | 看来你缺乏幽默感啊 亨瑞特 |
[51:27] | And three. Calm four. | 3 慢点 4 |
[51:47] | A very black fly settles on my nose. | 一只黑苍蝇停在我的鼻头上 |
[51:51] | I waggle my head to unseat him. He digs in.. | 我摇头想赶走它 它却一动不动.. |
[51:56] | Olympic wrestling is child’s play compared to this. | 和这相比 奥运摔跤就是小儿科 |
[51:58] | You moved your head. When did you start doing that? | 你的头动了 你是什么时候会做的? |
[52:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:14] | Just now? | 刚刚? |
[52:16] | A miracle! You can turn your head! | 真是奇迹!你现在可以转动头了! |
[52:19] | Marie sees miracles everywhere. | 玛丽眼里到处都是奇迹 |
[52:21] | Dr. Lepage he moved his head. | 莱裴奇医生 他的头动了 |
[52:24] | Good morning. | 早上好啊 |
[52:25] | A miracle! He only said good morning once! | 真是奇迹!他终于知道说早上好了 |
[52:27] | Progress progress. | 进展 这就是进展 |
[52:29] | That’s better. | 这很好 |
[52:33] | -How’s the tongue? -I’ll open your mouth. | -他的舌头怎么样? -张开嘴 |
[52:37] | The tongue moves | 舌头动了 |
[52:41] | Then we can go further with his speech. | 那我们就可以在他的 语言功能上再下下功夫了 |
[52:43] | The movement of the tongue is crucial so there’s hope. | 舌头的运动至关重要 所以你有希望你恢复语言功能 |
[52:46] | Great that’s awesome. | 好 实在是太好了 |
[52:49] | We’re going to work really hard | 我们会努力的 |
[52:51] | soon you’ll be able to eat normally. | 很快你就可以正常吃饭了 |
[52:54] | A text is only real when it’s read. | 文字只有在阅读时 才是真实存在的 |
[52:58] | I shaved my father when I visited him | 我出事之前 |
[53:00] | the last time before my accident. | 帮我爸爸刮了胡子 |
[53:03] | He was unwell and I stayed overnight in his apartment in Paris. | 他身体不适 所以我整夜留在 他巴黎的公寓里陪他 |
[53:08] | The next morning I shaved his stubble. | 转天早上 我帮他刮了胡子 |
[53:13] | -Who can see if I’m shaven? -Me. | -我刮胡子给谁看呢? -给我 |
[53:19] | -I’m terrified. -Of what? | -我好怕 -怕什么? |
[53:23] | You shaving me. | 你给我刮胡子 |
[53:27] | -You were always so damned clumsy. -That runs in the family. | -你总是笨手笨脚的 -这是从你那遗传的 |
[53:31] | Sure. | 没错 |
[53:32] | -Coffee? -No. | -要咖啡吗? -不要 |
[53:37] | -Don’t tire him. He’s not well. -How can a shave tire him? | -别折腾他了 他不舒服 -刮胡子怎么算是折腾? |
[53:50] | -Your mother was prettier. -That wouldn’t be difficult. | -你妈妈更漂亮些 -没错 |
[53:53] | -Do you remember your mother? -Oh yeah. | -你还记得你妈妈吗? -当然了 |
[53:58] | You always ask me that and I always say the same thing: not really. | 你总问我这个问题 我以前总是回答”记不清了” |
[54:07] | What are you reading at the moment? | 你现在在读什么书? |
[54:09] | Reading. The Count of Monte Cristo. | 基督山伯爵 |
[54:12] | Why? | 为什么? |
[54:13] | Because I’m thinking of writing a modern version. | 因为我想写个现代版的 |
[54:18] | -Of the Count of Monte Cristo? -Yes. | -现代版的基督山伯爵? -是啊 |
[54:21] | Vengeance will still be the driving force… | 当然复仇还会是作品的主线… |
[54:26] | …but I’m setting it in today’s world. | …但我会把场景设在当今 |
[54:28] | And Monte Cristo will be a woman. | 而且基督山伯爵会是个女人 |
[54:33] | -The Countess of Monte Cristo…? -Yes a woman. | -基督山女伯爵? -对 就是个女人 |
[54:36] | -I don’t want to read it. -I haven’t written it yet. | -那我是不会读的 -书我还没开始写呢 |
[54:43] | But I’ve got a contract with a book publisher. | 但是我已经和出版商签了合约 |
[54:51] | If you cut me I’ll sue. | 你要是把我刮伤了 我可要告你 |
[55:00] | -The doctor came yesterday. -And? | -医生昨天来过了 -说了什么? |
[55:05] | -He says I’ll live to be a hundred. -Good. I’ll give you a great party. | -他说我能活到100岁 -好啊 我一定给你好好庆祝一下 |
[55:11] | I won’t attend. Who wants to live to be a hundred? | 我是不会出席的 又有谁想活到100岁呢? |
[55:17] | Jean·Do don’t tell a soul. | 吉多 谁都别告诉 |
[55:22] | I still miss your mother. | 我还想念着你妈妈 |
[55:26] | I won’t. It’s our secret. | 我不会告诉别人的 这是我们之间的秘密 |
[55:32] | You should have married Cline. | 你应该和席琳结婚的 |
[55:34] | What difference would that have made? | 会有什么区别吗? |
[55:38] | You wouldn’t have left her so easily. And your children. | 那样你就不会轻易离开她 也不会离开你的孩子们 |
[55:44] | -Do we have to talk about this? -I know what I’m talking about. | -我们非要谈这个吗? -我知道自己在说什么 |
[55:49] | No one had more affairs than I did. | 没人比我的情史丰富 |
[55:52] | Well maybe Casanova but no one else. | 当然 也许只有卡萨诺瓦一个人吧 |
[55:56] | Having an affair with another woman is no reason | 和别的女人有染 |
[55:59] | for leaving the mother of your children. | 并不能成为你离开孩子母亲的原因 |
[56:02] | There are no standards anymore. It’s not funny it’s true. | 现在再也没有什么道德标准了 这一点都不可笑 是事实 |
[56:11] | And bring your children to see me. Sylvie brings them too. | 带孩子们来看我 席琳会带他们来 |
[56:15] | -You should bring them as well. -OK I haven’t found time yet. | -你也该这么做 -好的 只是我一直没有时间 |
[56:20] | -Here. -What is that? | -来 -那是什么? |
[56:23] | -Orange blossom. -Do I have to smell like a tart? | -橙花水 -我可不想闻起来象妓女 |
[56:30] | It’s an aphrodisiac. | 这可是春药的味道 |
[56:33] | Good. That’ll make the girls come running. | 好 那姑娘们就会闻风而逃 |
[56:36] | Sure but give them a chance to smell you. | 没错 但是他们还是会 闻到你身上的味道 |
[56:41] | Let me look at myself. | 让我来照照镜子 |
[56:58] | Not bad. My God they don’t make them like me anymore. | 还不错嘛 这看起来都不像我了 |
[57:19] | I wanted to tell you something. | 我本来有话要告诉你的 |
[57:23] | -Can’t remember. -It’ll come back. | -不过我不记得了 -会想起来的 |
[57:27] | I’m not so sure. | 我可不这么想 |
[57:29] | -I remember less and less. -Don’t exaggerate. | -遗忘的东西越来越多 -别夸大 |
[57:33] | Oh yes I remember. | 哦 我想起来了 |
[57:40] | I’m very proud of you. I really am. | 我以你为荣 真的 |
[57:49] | And something else… | 还有些别的… |
[57:57] | Can’t remember. | 实在记不得了 |
[57:59] | A father’s approval. I found it comforting then… | 父亲的赞同 那时令我欣慰… |
[58:04] | …and I find it even more comforting now. We are all children. | …现在觉得更加令人欢心鼓舞 |
[58:08] | We all need approval. | 我们都是孩子 我们都需要别人的肯定 |
[58:12] | I want to see my children. | 我想见见我的孩子 |
[58:16] | I want to see my children. | 我想见见我的孩子 |
[58:21] | Here we are. Father’s Day. | 我们来了 今天是父亲节 |
[58:25] | Happy Father’s Day! | 父亲节快乐 |
[58:39] | I guess that even a rough sketch a shadow | 我想即使是一张草图 一个阴影 |
[58:42] | a tiny fragment of a dad is still a dad. | 一些碎片 都是磨灭不了的父亲形象 |
[59:09] | Father’s Day. | 父亲节这天 |
[59:11] | My son wiping the saliva that escapes my closed lips. | 儿子为我擦拭掉唇边流下的口水 |
[59:14] | We have never before fitted this made-up holiday | 之前我们从未共同 |
[59:16] | into our emotional calendar. | 庆祝过这种节日 |
[59:32] | Claude says the book’s going well. | 克劳德说书进展很顺利 |
[59:35] | I can’t believe you’re writing it. | 我简直不敢相信你在写作 |
[59:38] | I still think you’re the most surprising man I’ve ever known. | 我始终认为你是我所认识 最不可思议的男人 |
[59:42] | Have you had lots of visitors? | 来看望你的人多吗? |
[59:48] | Laurent Anne·Marie… | 劳伦 安娜·玛丽… |
[59:53] | …Michel… | …米歇尔… |
[59:55] | That’s it? She hasn’t? | 就这些?她没有来? |
[1:00:01] | I thought she was supposed to be madly in love with you. | 我还以为她疯狂的爱着你呢 |
[1:00:04] | Well that’s her business. | 算了 那是她的事 |
[1:00:12] | Shall we practice that alphabet? | 我们来练习一下字母表好吗? |
[1:01:01] | When I began a diet a week before my stroke | 我中风前一周开始节食 |
[1:01:05] | …I never dreamed of such dramatic results. | …从没想过会有这么显著的成果 |
[1:01:13] | Now they know what | 现在他们知道 |
[1:01:17] | it’s like to have a zombie for a father. Thank you. | 有个丑八怪爸爸 是什么感觉了 谢谢 |
[1:01:21] | That’s not amusing. | 这可一点都不好笑 |
[1:01:23] | Kids. | 孩子们 |
[1:01:26] | You want to play Hangman dad? | 想不想玩猜词游戏 爸爸? |
[1:01:31] | I’ll help you. Whisper a word. | 我来帮你 小声说个字 |
[1:01:34] | The first letter is a C the last an E. The word has 7 letters. | 第一个字母是C 最后一个字母是E 整个单词一共7个字母 |
[1:02:43] | That’s it. | 就这些 |
[1:02:44] | Say goodbye to your dad kids. We’re leaving. | 来和爸爸道别 我们该走了 |
[1:02:47] | Bye dad. | 再见 爸爸 |
[1:02:51] | Bye dad. | 再见 爸爸 |
[1:03:00] | Bye dad. See you next week. | 再见 爸爸 下周见 |
[1:03:32] | It’s hard to describe my grief. | 我的自责难以言表 |
[1:03:35] | I’m their father but I can’t touch them | 我是他们的父亲 却不能触摸他们 |
[1:03:38] | run my fingers through their hair… | 无法轻抚他们的头发… |
[1:03:42] | …and hug them tight. | …无法紧紧的拥抱他们 |
[1:03:46] | But I like to see them play and laugh. | 但是我喜欢静静的看他们玩耍和嘻笑 |
[1:03:53] | That’s what I call a wonderful day.. | 这就是我对美好一天的定义 |
[1:04:01] | I feel sorry for myself don’t you think? | 我有些自怨自艾 是不是? |
[1:04:05] | You were genuinely happy. | 你以前真的很幸福 |
[1:04:08] | You think so? | 你真这么想? |
[1:04:10] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[1:04:19] | I don’t want to miss this. Step aside! | 我不想错过这比赛 一边去! |
[1:04:29] | Enjoy. See you. | 好好享用 再见 |
[1:04:31] | Yeah see you. What are you doing? | 再见 你在干什么? |
[1:04:40] | I want TV-meals. Or shall I go out for dinner? | 我想要视觉大餐 或是我该出去饱餐一顿? |
[1:04:46] | I will treat myself to a feast at Le Duc. | 我应该去拉杜克好好享受一下 |
[1:05:02] | -What a coincidence to find you here. -Isn’t that amazing? | -在这里遇到你真巧 -这不是很美妙吗? |
[1:05:07] | An oyster? | 吃牡蛎吗? |
[1:05:50] | It seems like it was just yesterday when I first heard your name. | 一切都如同梦境般美好 |
[1:07:17] | Sweet. | 甜美 |
[1:07:22] | No compliments. | 别恭维我 |
[1:07:27] | And the next chapter? | 开始下一章吗? |
[1:07:29] | Sunday. I dread Sunday. | 周日 我惧怕周日 |
[1:07:34] | When they turn the TV on | 他们打开电视 |
[1:07:36] | they have to make sure they’re doing it right. | 是绝好的一招 |
[1:07:39] | That is very strategic. | 及其具有战略性 |
[1:07:42] | It can take hours until the next good Samaritan comes by. | 通常几个小时 才会有人来瞅你一眼 |
[1:07:48] | Horrible these Sundays. | 周日 太可怕了 |
[1:07:50] | No speech therapists no psychotherapist. | 没有语言医师 没有精神医师 |
[1:07:52] | No physiotherapist no visitors. A skeleton staff. | 没有理疗师 没有访客 只有空旷的医院 |
[1:07:57] | Sunday is a long stretch of desert. | 周日就是荒凉的代名词 |
[1:08:00] | But today Marie nobly suggests she takes me to mass. | 但是今天 玛丽善意的提出 要带我去做弥撒 |
[1:08:05] | I have tried to explain to her that | 我试图解释自己并 |
[1:08:07] | I am not a religious man but without avail. | 不是什么信徒 不过无济于事 |
[1:08:10] | All over the world people are praying for me. | 全世界都在为我祈祷 |
[1:08:13] | Top of the list is my daughter Cleste. | 最虔诚的就是我女儿席莱斯特 |
[1:08:16] | And Marie of course. | 当然还有玛丽 |
[1:08:20] | The most diverse deities have been enlisted to help me. | 众神都被召集 来帮助我 |
[1:08:24] | In Nepal I’m told they chant a mantra for me. | 在尼泊尔 听说人们在为我颂歌 |
[1:08:28] | In Cameroon holy man has procured for me | 在喀麦隆 人们在为我祈求 |
[1:08:30] | the goodwill of Africa’s gods. | 非洲之神的祝福 |
[1:08:33] | I have assigned him my right eye. | 我已经为他献上了我的右眼 |
[1:08:37] | I can’t deny that I have attempted to | 我承认自己试图 |
[1:08:39] | organise this vast spiritual energy… | 依赖这神圣的精神力量… |
[1:08:42] | …to support my existence. | …作为活下去的动力 |
[1:08:44] | It may not be admirable it may even be a touch hypocritical | 这也许不足为题 也许是自欺欺人 |
[1:08:46] | but I’ll try anything. | 但是我会竭尽所能 奋力一搏 |
[1:08:58] | I’m very pleased to see you here. | 很高兴在这里见到你 |
[1:09:01] | I came to visit you a few days ago. I brought | 几天前我探望过你 |
[1:09:04] | the Blessed Sacrament to give you Communion. | 给你带了圣餐 |
[1:09:06] | But you were asleep. | 但是当时你在睡觉 |
[1:09:09] | -Yes he was asleep. -What? | -对 他是睡着了 -什么? |
[1:09:12] | Would you like me to give you Holy Communion now? | 你现在想接受圣餐礼吗? |
[1:09:15] | No. | 不 |
[1:09:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:09:18] | Would you like me to say a blessing over you? | 想叫我为你祝福吗? |
[1:09:19] | -No. -Yes. | -不要 -好的 |
[1:09:22] | Heavenly Father have mercy on Jean·Dominique | 神圣的主啊 请施恩于吉恩·多米尼克 |
[1:09:25] | who is cruelly afflicted. | 他正遭受折磨 |
[1:09:28] | Help his body to heal keep his spirits buoyant | 请治愈他的肉体 令他卸下精神上的负担 |
[1:09:33] | -…and help him to find faith. -My spirit is very buoyant mister. | -…帮助他获得信念 -我精神上没负担啊 神父 |
[1:09:36] | -In the name of the father… -You made a fool of me. | -以神父 圣子… -你耍我啊 |
[1:09:54] | Fa? | 神? |
[1:09:59] | Father? | 神父? |
[1:10:21] | There are… | 以前… |
[1:10:23] | Father there are monks in Bordeaux | 神父 波尔多的修道士 |
[1:10:25] | who regularly dedicate their prayers to me. | 经常为我祈祷 |
[1:10:28] | …who regularly dedicate their prayers to me. | …经常为我祈祷 |
[1:10:32] | -Do they that’s good. -But the results have been unremarkable. | -是吗?那太好了 -但是其效果甚微 |
[1:10:37] | We must be patient. | 我们一定要耐心 |
[1:10:38] | Yes the doctors say that too. | 对 医生们也这么说 |
[1:10:41] | But Jean·Dominque I want to suggest something to you | 吉恩·多米尼克 我想提个建议 |
[1:10:44] | In a few weeks time I shall be leading a pilgrimage to Lourdes. | 几周后 我会引领卢尔德朝圣 |
[1:10:48] | Lourdes? | 卢尔德? |
[1:10:49] | Dear Beatrice and I thought you might want to be part of it. | 比特丽思和我觉得 你可能也愿意加入 |
[1:10:52] | This is a trap. | 这是个圈套 |
[1:10:53] | There have been some miraculous cures. | 已经有些病人在那里神奇的康复了 |
[1:10:55] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[1:10:56] | I’ve been to Lourdes. | 我去过卢尔德 |
[1:11:24] | -Let’s stop and return. -I am not turning back. | -就到这里 我们往回开吧 -我不走回头路的 |
[1:11:29] | Hit’s my car I’ll drive where I like. | 这是我的车 我想开到哪都行 |
[1:11:31] | -You said you wanted a dirty weekend. -I never said that. | -你说了想过个疯狂的周末 -我可没这么说过 |
[1:11:34] | Yes you did. | 你说过 |
[1:11:35] | Lourdes is not the right place for a dirty week-end. | 卢尔德可不是过疯狂周末的地方 |
[1:11:39] | You’ve got a one-track mind. | 你怎么一根筋啊! |
[1:11:44] | I want to see the Madonna. | 我想去看圣母玛利亚 |
[1:11:48] | I don’t believe in any of this. | 我才不相信那些东西 |
[1:11:50] | I want to see her and drink holy water. | 我想去看看 并且尝尝圣水 |
[1:11:53] | Spare me this. | 饶了我吧 |
[1:11:57] | You should do that too. It will be good for you. | 你也该这么做 这对你有好处 |
[1:12:06] | Imposing hm? | 很壮观 是不是? |
[1:12:11] | I’ll buy some bottles for the holy water. | 我去买盛圣水的瓶子 |
[1:12:37] | -That’s it for me. I’m leaving. -Stay. It could do you a lot of good. | -我受不了了 我要走了 -别 这对你有好处 |
[1:12:43] | Don’t be so sure it might be dangerous. | 别那么肯定 说不定会很危险 |
[1:12:47] | What if someone in perfect health happened to be here when | 要是圣母玛利亚显灵的时候 |
[1:12:49] | the Madonna appeared? | 这正好站着个身强力壮的人怎么办? |
[1:12:50] | One miracle and he’d end up paralyzed. | 奇迹显现 他瘫患了 |
[1:12:52] | You are terrible. | 你这人太不虔诚了 |
[1:12:55] | -Hello. -Good day madam. | -你好 -你好 女士 |
[1:12:57] | Look! Here’s my Madonna! | 看!那是属于我的圣母! |
[1:13:02] | -Forget it. -Yeah get out of my life. | -别瞎想了 -好 那你以后少搭理我 |
[1:13:09] | Okay I’ll give it to you as a present | 好吧 这个我送你 |
[1:13:14] | Madame has a wonderful eye. | 圣母有天眼 |
[1:13:16] | This Madonna been blessed by the Cardinal. | 这尊像是红衣大主教开过光的 |
[1:13:19] | -Do we have more 318’s? -Look in the storage. | -我们还有318吗? -到储藏室找找看 |
[1:13:22] | How much is that? -1899 franc. | -多少钱? -1899法郎 |
[1:13:31] | -Don’t we know each other? -I don’t think so Mister. | -我们认识吗? -我可不这么想 先生 |
[1:13:38] | I don’t have change. | 我没有零钱 |
[1:13:42] | I can’t make love to you with her looking at me. | 她这么一直盯着 我怎么和你做爱? |
[1:13:45] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[1:13:47] | I wasn’t stating a fact I was making a complaint. | 我这可不是在陈述事实 我这是在抱怨 |
[1:13:50] | Let me turn her off | 我去把她关上 |
[1:13:53] | No. | 不 |
[1:13:57] | The only one in the whole world. Blessed by the Cardinal. | 这是世上唯一一个 被红衣大主教开过光的圣母 |
[1:14:03] | Josephine when we get back to Paris | 约瑟芬 回了巴黎 |
[1:14:05] | we’re going to have to split up. | 我们就得分手 |
[1:14:09] | -Because of her? -No. Because of everything. | -因为她吗? -不 因为我们之间的一切 |
[1:14:15] | OK you’re right. | 好吧 你说的没错 |
[1:14:31] | -I’ll go out again. -Turn off the lights. | -我要再出去一下 -把灯关上 |
[1:14:37] | But not my Madonna. | 别关我的圣母 |
[1:16:13] | Come on Jean·Do. | 加油 吉多 |
[1:16:19] | If you learn the L sound you’ll learn to swallow. | 要是你学会发”L”的音 就可以吞咽食物了 |
[1:16:24] | And you’ll learn to say Lourdes. | 你就能开口说卢尔德了 |
[1:16:34] | Is that okay? Is it comfortable? | 这样可以吗?舒服吗? |
[1:16:54] | ‘The Pressure Cooker’ could be the title of the piece… | “高压锅”这个题目可以作为 我正在描写的… |
[1:16:58] | …I’m writing about my experiences here. | …这里所经历的一切 |
[1:17:02] | I could also call it ‘The Eye’ or ‘The Diving Bell’. | 也可以起名叫”眼睛” 或者是”潜水钟” |
[1:17:06] | Plot and location are well known. | 地点和情节大家想必已经了解 |
[1:17:08] | In a hospital room there’s Mr. L at the climax of his life… | 在病房中 正值壮年的L先生… |
[1:17:12] | …trying to live with locked-in syndrome after a serious stroke. | …在经历了一次严重中风之后 正与闭锁性综合症相依为命 |
[1:17:18] | Ambitious and somewhat cynical | 雄心勃勃又稍稍有些 |
[1:17:21] | because he didn’t know failures before… | 愤世嫉俗的L先生… |
[1:17:23] | …becomes acquainted with misfortune. | …在遭遇此次不幸之前 还未曾品味过失败的痛苦 |
[1:17:27] | We his slow transformation listening to a commentarial voice… | 当你们还在缓缓聆听… |
[1:17:31] | …which tells the inner monologue of Mr. L. | …L先生这些内心独白的话外音时 |
[1:17:34] | I already have the last scene. It’s night. | 我已经想好了最后一幕 那是在夜晚 |
[1:17:37] | Mr. L who was paralysed since the beginning of the piece… | 这位自打本书开始 就遭受瘫痪折磨的L先生… |
[1:17:40] | …suddenly jumps out of his bed and runs over the darkly lit stage. | …突然间从床上蹦起来 跑上灯光昏暗的舞台 |
[1:17:46] | Then it gets dark again and we hear Mr. L’s commentarial voice: | 之后光线又暗下来 此时响起了L先生的话外音 |
[1:17:52] | Fuck it was a dream. | 他妈的 原来是个梦 |
[1:18:24] | Stand up. I can stand up. | 起来 你能站起来 |
[1:18:27] | Everything is alright. | 一切都会好起来 |
[1:19:10] | ‘I want to remember how all this happened to me.’ | 我想知道这一切是怎么发生的 |
[1:19:14] | Shall I ask someone? | 要不要问问什么人? |
[1:19:22] | No? | 不要? |
[1:19:31] | -Hello room 119. -Who’s that? | -你好 这里是119房间 -你是谁? |
[1:19:37] | I’m Claude Mendibil. I’m sitting with Jean·Do. | 我是克劳德·曼蒂毕 吉多在我身边 |
[1:19:41] | This is his father speaking. | 我是他父亲 |
[1:19:43] | Yes we were expecting your call. | 我们正等您的电话呢 |
[1:19:50] | So what do I do? Just talk? | 我该怎么做?就是聊天吗? |
[1:19:54] | Jean·Do can hear you. He will answer you. | 吉多可以听到你 他会回答你的 |
[1:19:57] | You’ll hear me saying the alphabet and… | 你可以听到我说字母表… |
[1:20:01] | Yes Cline told me. | 我知道 席琳告诉过我 |
[1:20:06] | Just talk Monsieur Bauby. | 说吧 波比先生 |
[1:20:10] | Can he hear me? | 他能听到我吗? |
[1:20:14] | Jean·Dominique? This is Papinou. | 吉恩·多米尼克 我是老豆 |
[1:20:20] | I’m sitting at the open window. | 我现在坐在窗前 |
[1:20:26] | How are you or is that a fool question? | 你好吗?是不是这个问题太傻了? |
[1:20:43] | Yes it’s a fool question. | 对 是很傻 |
[1:20:49] | I miss you. | 我好想你 |
[1:21:06] | I miss you too. | 我也想你 |
[1:21:10] | God Almighty! | 天啊! |
[1:21:12] | This is an impossible way to conduct a conversation. | 这样根本就不可能交谈 |
[1:21:15] | Everything goes out of my mind. No no I’ve remembered. | 我想说什么都不记得了 不 不 我想起来了 |
[1:21:21] | I’m sending you a present. It’s a surprise. | 我给你寄了个礼物 是给你的意外惊喜 |
[1:21:31] | I had a thought… | 我想啊… |
[1:21:33] | …about us. We’re in the same boat. | …我们 我们现在的处境相同 |
[1:21:38] | I’m stuck in this apartment. I can’t get up and down the stairs. | 我被困在这公寓 不能起来 不能上下楼 |
[1:21:46] | You try four flights of stairs when you’re ninety-two years old. | 不信的话 等你92岁的时候下42楼梯试试 |
[1:21:53] | we’re both locked-in cases. | 我们都被困囚笼 |
[1:21:57] | You in your body and me in my apartment. | 你被身体所困 而我则被这栋公寓所困 |
[1:22:03] | Jean·Dominique remember … | 吉多 记住… |
[1:22:05] | …in the top right-hand drawer of my writing desk there’s a letter.. | …我写字台右手边 第一个抽屉里有封信… |
[1:22:11] | In it are my last wishes. It’s in a file… | 里面是我的遗嘱… |
[1:22:22] | …marked ‘Miscellaneous’. | …夹在标着”杂七杂八”标记的文件夹里 |
[1:22:30] | I must stop now. | 好了 不说了 |
[1:22:47] | -Don’t cry. -That’s easy to say. | -别哭 -可我就是控制不住 |
[1:22:51] | You’re my son for Christ’s sake. | 你可是我的儿子啊 |
[1:22:55] | Good-bye Jean·Dominique. | 再见 吉多 |
[1:22:59] | I forgot it’s almost your birthday. | 我差点忘了 你生日快到了 |
[1:23:04] | I’ll call again. | 我会再打给你的 |
[1:23:07] | Happy Birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[1:23:54] | It can’t be easy for a father to speak to | 知道听不到儿子的答复 |
[1:23:57] | a son who he knows will never reply. | 这对一个父亲来说心如刀割 |
[1:24:19] | I thought an outing with a new vista would do you good. | 我觉得外出观景对你有好处 |
[1:24:24] | I have another surprise for you. Close your eyes. | 还有个惊喜给你 闭上眼睛 |
[1:24:29] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[1:24:39] | Okay now open them. | 好了 现在睁开 |
[1:24:41] | THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO | 基督山伯爵 |
[1:24:42] | That was not necessary. In two volumes. | 没必要这么破费 居然是两卷册的 |
[1:24:47] | It’s not a first edition but it’s pretty old. | 这并不是第一版 但是也很有年头了 |
[1:24:54] | Would you like me to read something to you? Which chapter? | 想不想叫我给你读一段?哪一章呢? |
[1:24:59] | We should use Roman digits. We didn’t think of Roman digits. | 我们应该用罗马数字 居然没有想到用罗马数字 |
[1:25:04] | What would it be in Roman digits? | 罗马数字是怎么编号的? |
[1:25:07] | L I X That’s L I X. | |
[1:25:12] | That’s faster. Next time. | 那样就快多了 下次用罗马数字吧 |
[1:25:16] | -50? Higher? -Yes higher. | -50?再往后? -对 再往后 |
[1:25:22] | Nine? 59? OK. | 9?59?好的 |
[1:25:25] | OK there we go. | 好的 找到了 |
[1:25:28] | There’s even an illustration. The coincidence frightens me. | 里面居然有插画 我被这个巧合震惊了 |
[1:25:33] | ‘They sat down beside him.’ | 他们在他旁边坐下 |
[1:25:37] | ‘Noirtier was sitting in a wheelchair where | 诺瓦迪埃坐在 |
[1:25:39] | they put him from morning till evening… | 被整日安置的轮椅上… |
[1:25:42] | in front of a mirror which allowed him to see the whole apartment | 面前的镜子令他不费吹灰之力 |
[1:25:46] | without attempting any movement: | 就看清整栋公寓 |
[1:25:48] | this was something that had become impossible for him. | 这些如今对他来说已成为奢望 |
[1:25:52] | Sight and hearing were the only two senses… | 视力和听觉是仅存的感官… |
[1:25:55] | …which like two sparks still lit up this human matter.’ | …象两束火苗 依然在他胸膛燃烧 |
[1:26:00] | ‘… this human matter.’ | …在他胸膛燃烧 |
[1:26:04] | That’s me don’t you think? | 那就是我 你觉得呢? |
[1:26:08] | -But no. -But yes. | -不 -是的 |
[1:26:10] | I frighten people make them shudder. | 人们被我吓跑 我令他们颤抖 |
[1:26:15] | You don’t. | 不是的 |
[1:26:16] | I should have stayed away from Dumas. | 我不应该碰大仲马的作品 |
[1:26:20] | Don’t tamper with a masterpiece. That’s the lesson. | 不应该篡改名著 这就是教训 |
[1:26:26] | I didn’t know Noirtier was the man I was going to become. | 我并不知道自己 会成为诺瓦迪埃这样的人 |
[1:26:31] | My diving bell has dragged you | 我的潜水钟将你 |
[1:26:33] | down to the bottom of the sea with me.. | 同我一起拖至海底 |
[1:26:35] | Jean·Do I don’t find it so bad that you | 吉多 我并不介意你 |
[1:26:38] | drag me down to the bottom of the sea… | 将我拖至海底… |
[1:26:41] | …because you are also my butterfly. | …因为你同时也是我的多彩蝴蝶 |
[1:26:45] | That’s a declaration of love. | 这是爱的宣言 |
[1:26:49] | After we finish this book… | 等我们完成这本书… |
[1:26:52] | …we’ll write another one about a long-distance runner. | …我们再继续合作下一本 关于长跑运动员的书 |
[1:26:56] | You never know. Perhaps I’ll become like him… | 也许有朝一日 我会成为他那样的人… |
[1:27:01] | ‘I missed you at the bullfight. | 斗牛比赛你没能来 |
[1:27:04] | I hope we meet again next year. Jean·Paul.’ | 希望明年能见 吉恩·保罗 |
[1:27:08] | Le Tango Nmes. | 写于探戈 尼姆 |
[1:27:21] | ‘Dear Mr·Bauby the customized campmobile… | 亲爱的波比先生 您定制的汽车… |
[1:27:27] | …can be delivered six to eight weeks after your order. | …会在收到定单后的6至8周发出 |
[1:27:34] | Yours sincerely Henri Raynaud.’ That’s good news. | 亨利·雷纳德 这可是个好消息 |
[1:27:41] | This is from Papinou. | 这是老豆寄来的 |
[1:27:50] | ‘This is a present.’ | 是个礼物 |
[1:27:55] | Look a photo of you as a kid. | 看 你孩童时的照片 |
[1:28:00] | Jean·Do aged eight Berck sur Mer. | 吉多 8岁 摄于贝克海滨 |
[1:28:07] | From Anne·Marie. | 这是安娜·玛丽寄来的 |
[1:28:13] | -Jean·Dominique Bauby’s room. -Who are you? | -吉恩·多米尼克病房 -你是哪位? |
[1:28:17] | Cline·Desmoulins. And you? | 席琳·戴斯毛利斯 你是哪位? |
[1:28:20] | Ins. I want to speak with Jean·Do. | 我是伊莱斯 我想和吉多说几句话 |
[1:28:27] | One moment. | 等一下 |
[1:28:31] | I turned the speaker on so he can hear you. | 我把扬声器打开 这样他就可以听到你了 |
[1:28:35] | I can’t speak with you there. | 你在那 我没法说 |
[1:28:38] | You have to there’s no one else. | 只能这样 这里没有别人了 |
[1:28:43] | Isn’t the therapist there? | 医师也不在吗? |
[1:28:44] | No she’s not here today. | 不 她今天不在 |
[1:28:54] | Darling? | 亲爱的? |
[1:28:59] | I know I said I’d come but I got as far as the train station | 我知道答应过去看你 可到了车站 |
[1:29:01] | and then turned back. | 我还是忍不住掉头回来 |
[1:29:05] | I just can’t. | 我实在是做不到 |
[1:29:08] | Please forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[1:29:14] | Cline? | 席琳? |
[1:29:15] | Yes. | 什么事? |
[1:29:16] | Can’t you just go out for a moment? I have personal things to say. | 你能不能出去一下? 有些事我要单独和吉多讲 |
[1:29:22] | I feel embarrassed. | 你在场我讲不出来 |
[1:29:24] | I can’t leave him. | 我不能留下他一个 |
[1:29:25] | There’s nobody else. Wait he wants to say something. | 这里没有别人了 等下 他有话要说 |
[1:29:32] | O? O? | |
[1:29:38] | One? | 一? |
[1:29:48] | One minute? | 一分钟? |
[1:29:50] | I’m leaving. But not for long. | 我出去了 但是一会儿就回来 |
[1:30:00] | Jean·Do are you alone now? | 吉多 你现在是一个人吗? |
[1:30:06] | Darling… | 亲爱的… |
[1:30:09] | I love you more than ever. | 我爱你胜于一切 |
[1:30:13] | I want to see you but I haven’t the courage. | 我想来看望你 不过我始终没有勇气 |
[1:30:18] | I want to think of you as you were. | 我想在脑海中保留从前的你 |
[1:30:23] | I hope you’ll recover. | 希望你早日康复 |
[1:30:27] | I miss you. | 我好想你 |
[1:30:30] | I miss you and I feel so alone. | 我想念你 感觉好孤独 |
[1:30:36] | I know you understand. | 我知道你能明白 |
[1:30:41] | You’re in my thoughts all the time. | 我无时无刻不在想着你 |
[1:30:51] | I know your family is always with you. | 我知道你的家人时刻和你在一起 |
[1:31:00] | Do you want me to come? | 你想叫我来看望吗? |
[1:31:03] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[1:31:04] | Do you want me to come? | 你想叫我来看望吗? |
[1:31:06] | Do you want me to come? | 你想叫我来看望吗? |
[1:31:09] | I’m back Ins. | 我回来了 伊莱斯 |
[1:31:43] | Every… | 每… |
[1:32:01] | Every day. | 每时每刻 |
[1:32:21] | Every day I’m… | 每时每刻我… |
[1:32:45] | Every day I’m waiting for you. | 每时每刻我都在等你 |
[1:32:47] | I can’t understand you. Could you repeat that? | 我听不清 能再重复一下吗? |
[1:32:51] | I can’t understand you. | 我听不清 |
[1:32:55] | He said: I’m waiting for you every day. | 他说:我每时每刻都在等你 |
[1:34:06] | If I don’t get a seat on this plane | 要是不搭乘这趟航班 |
[1:34:08] | I will miss my connection to Hong-Kong. | 我就赶不上去香港了 |
[1:34:14] | Take mine. | 那我的位子让给你好了 |
[1:34:18] | -I’ll take the next flight. -Thank you. | -我坐下班飞机 -谢谢 |
[1:34:22] | Have a good trip. | 旅途愉快 |
[1:34:28] | But you’re not going to Hong Kong you are going to Beirut. | 但是你这可不是去香港啊 你会去贝鲁特 |
[1:34:44] | Anything wrong? You don’t feel good? | 怎么了?不舒服吗? |
[1:34:48] | Don’t worry. | 没事的 |
[1:34:58] | Most times I forget my dreams. | 大多数时候 我都会忘记梦境 |
[1:35:01] | People who tell you their dreams are tiresome. | 给你说梦的人都极其无聊 |
[1:35:05] | But this one comes again and again. I don’t know why. | 但是这个梦却不断的出现 我还搞不清究竟为何 |
[1:35:10] | I’m afraid. | 我好害怕 |
[1:35:12] | The feeling of doom wouldn’t leave. | 这种厄运的感觉挥之不去 |
[1:35:16] | It took what I can only describe as a miracle to lift my spirits. | 只有被称之为”奇迹”的东西 才能拯救我的灵魂 |
[1:35:23] | It’s dangerous to believe in personal miracles. | 崇尚个人奇迹是危险的 |
[1:35:26] | They tend to make one feel self-important. | 这让人妄自尊大 |
[1:35:28] | Nevertheless I must report that | 但是 我得承认 |
[1:35:31] | I believe something miraculous did occur | 奇迹确实发生了 |
[1:35:35] | I began to sing. | 我开始能唱歌了 |
[1:35:39] | I grunt I sing. | 我咕哝 我唱歌 |
[1:35:43] | My hearing isn’t great and | 我的听力不大灵光 |
[1:35:45] | sometimes I think I hear my heart beating. | 有时候我却可以听到自己的心跳 |
[1:35:47] | But I tell myself it’s the sound of butterfly’s wings. | 但是我告诉自己 那是蝴蝶扇动羽翼的声音 |
[1:35:51] | Yes I am making indomitable progress | 是的 我们不屈不挠的前进着 |
[1:35:53] | and I may even have butterfly hearing. | 我甚至有可能拥有蝴蝶的听觉 |
[1:35:56] | I can look forward to the future. | 我也可以展望未来 |
[1:35:58] | Soon the summer will come to an end… | 夏天即将结束… |
[1:36:00] | …and I will begin my first autumn in this hospital. | …我将要开始 在医院的第一个秋季生活 |
[1:36:05] | My life is here. | 这里就是我的生活 |
[1:36:07] | An everlasting repetition. | 周而复始的循环 |
[1:36:11] | Here. | 就在这里 |
[1:36:13] | How goes it? | 你好吗? |
[1:36:17] | He’s speaking! | 他说话了 |
[1:36:19] | -You’re speaking. -He can sing a song too. | -你在说话 -他还会唱歌呢 |
[1:36:23] | -Come on sing for Laurent. -Please for me. | -来 给劳伦唱一个 -快点 给我唱一个 |
[1:36:46] | Are you OK? | 你还好吗? |
[1:36:48] | -Does he sing? -No he doesn’t. | -他是在唱歌吗? -不 不是 |
[1:37:11] | I have pneumonia. | 我得了肺炎 |
[1:37:15] | Just when I thought… | 就在我刚刚幻想… |
[1:37:30] | Like a sailor who watches the shore gradually disappear. | 就好像水手注视着 渐渐消逝的海岸一样 |
[1:37:35] | I watch my past recede. | 我注视着过去的自己一点点消失 |
[1:37:38] | Becoming ashes of oblivion. | 逐渐被遗忘 |
[1:37:57] | What a comeback. | 我这真是衣锦还乡啊… |
[1:37:59] | That’s where I worked. | 那里是我工作的地方 |
[1:38:01] | And that couple I know them but I can’t remember their names. | 那对夫妇 我认识 但是却不记得他们的名字 |
[1:38:07] | That’s my car! | 那是我的车! |
[1:38:09] | My new car. | 我的新车 |
[1:39:27] | Where is the horn? | 喇叭在哪里? |
[1:40:13] | -Let me hug you. -See my car? | -让我抱一下 -看到我的新车了吗? |
[1:40:17] | Lovely. | 太酷了! |
[1:40:21] | Everything OK Tho? | 一切都还好吗 西奥? |
[1:40:23] | Had a good week? | 这周过的还不错吧 |
[1:40:26] | -Are we going to a theatre? -To a theatre? If you want to. | -我们要去看戏吗? -看戏?只要你想去 |
[1:40:31] | -Can we have oysters? -Do you like oysters now? | -能吃牡蛎吗? -你现在喜欢牡蛎了? |
[1:40:40] | Don’t bring him back too late. | 别太晚送他回来 |
[1:40:44] | We are leaving. | 我们走了 |
[1:40:48] | -Can I get in the front? -Sure there’s no room in the back. | -我能坐前排吗? -当然了 后面也没座啊 |
[1:40:59] | Soon I will take you too. | 过一段我也带你出去玩 |
[1:41:03] | A little bit of wind? | 是不是感觉有风吹? |
[1:41:19] | -Your team OK? -Yeah the players are OK. | -你们球队还好吗? -嗯 队员们都还不错 |
[1:41:23] | -You take a shower afterwards? -We shower and wash our stuff. | -训练之后你们冲澡吗? -冲 还洗衣服什么的 |
[1:41:30] | -Got pubic hair around your willy? -No not yet. | -你的蛋蛋长头发了吗? -还没 |
[1:41:34] | We had one guy who didn’t want to undress for the shower. | 我们队里以前有个家伙不肯脱衣服冲澡 |
[1:41:40] | The club said he had to. There was a fight. | 俱乐部就强迫他 还打了一架 |
[1:41:46] | He didn’t do it. His mother appeased him. | 可他还是不肯 后来她妈来劝他 |
[1:41:52] | In the end he had to leave the team. | 最后 他就离开球队了 |
[1:42:00] | You don’t have that problem do you? | 你们没有这样的问题? |
[1:42:07] | -Other news? Everything OK with mom? -Yeah she’s OK. | -还有什么新闻?妈妈还好吗? -挺好的 |
[1:42:11] | -You know this way? -Yes it’s the way to Aunt Diane. | -你认识这条路吗? -认识 去黛安娜阿姨家就从这走 |
[1:42:17] | It’s hot. You feel that too? | 很热 是不是? |
[1:42:21] | No I don’t. | 我没觉得啊 |
[1:42:27] | We have… | 我们… |
[1:42:30] | We have… | 我们… |
[1:42:42] | It might start to rain. I’ll stop for a moment. | 可能要下雨了 我要停一下车 |
[1:43:05] | Dad what’s the matter? | 爸 怎么了? |
[1:44:00] | Phone your mother! | 给你妈妈打电话! |
[1:44:04] | My last thought was we’ll have to cancel going to the theatre. | 我最后想的是 我们要取消看戏的计划 |
[1:44:09] | We’d be late in any case. We’ll go tomorrow night. | 肯定晚了 不过我们明晚会去 |
[1:44:15] | And then I sank into a coma. | 之后我就陷入了无尽的昏迷 |
[1:44:57] | Is it a book? | 是本书吗? |
[1:45:10] | For Thophile Cleste and Hortense. | 献给西奥菲勒 席莱斯特和霍顿斯 |
[1:45:14] | I wish them lots of butterflies. | 我希望他们的生活充满多彩的蝴蝶 |
[1:45:19] | And my deepest gratitude to Claude Mendibil. | 衷心的感谢克劳德·曼蒂毕 |
[1:45:22] | You’ll understand that without her | 没有她 |
[1:45:25] | this book couldn’t have been written. | 就不会有这本书的出版 |
[1:46:00] | I was here the whole time. | 我一直在你身边 |
[1:46:02] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[1:46:07] | These reviews are terrific! You want to hear them? | 这些评论棒极了!想不想听听? |
[1:46:10] | The man who dictates in silence. Without gestures or speech. | 作者在寂静中口述 没有手势 没有言语 |
[1:46:15] | Jean·Dominque Bauby | 吉恩·多米尼克 波比 |
[1:46:17] | communicates with an eyelid and writes this book. | 用眼皮进行交流 创作本书 |
[1:46:20] | A touching visit at the wreckage of abandonment. | 这是对遭难的一次心灵访问 |
[1:46:25] | By Bernard Chapuis. | 厄纳·查皮斯 评 |
[1:46:28] | ‘A touching book.’ | 感人至深 |
[1:46:36] | Jean·Dominique Bauby 43 years old respected journalist | 吉恩·多米尼克 波比 43岁 杰出记者 |
[1:46:40] | father free man… | 慈爱父亲 开拓先锋… |
[1:46:42] | …planned to write a novel about revenge for women | …曾计划撰写有关女性复仇小说 |
[1:46:53] | Jean·Dominique Bauby died on March 9 1997… | 吉恩·多米尼克 波比 于1997年3月9日… |
[1:46:57] | 10 days after the publication of ‘The Diving Bell and the Butterfly’. | 在其作品”潜水钟与蝴蝶” 出版10天后去世 |
[1:47:01] | for Ferdinand CHESNAIS 20 Jack SCHNABEL 92 | 为了费迪南德 沙奈 20 杰克施纳贝尔 92 |
[1:47:03] | Jean·Pierre CASSEL 74 | 让皮埃尔卡塞尔 74 |