英文名称:Make It Happen
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | ‘Glenwood, Indiana. | Glenwood,印第安纳州. |
[00:26] | ‘Population: 918. | 人口:918 |
[00:29] | ‘Miles from Chicago: 291. | 距芝加哥:291英里. |
[00:32] | ‘Dance schools: zero. | 舞蹈学校:0. |
[00:35] | ‘I’ve got one dream, one shot. | “我曾经有一个梦想,一次尝试. |
[00:38] | ‘Today, everything could change.’ | 今天,一切都可以改变.’ |
[01:07] | # Could you, could you, could you teach me? | #你能吗,你能吗,你能教我吗? |
[01:09] | # Show me that again | #再给我看一遍 |
[01:11] | # Could you, could you, could you teach me? | #你能吗,你能吗,你能教我吗? |
[01:13] | # You take the lead | #你领舞 |
[01:15] | # Straight up! Do you have rhythm underneath your feet? | #站直!你脚底下有节奏吗? |
[01:17] | # Does the beat flow through that fine body? | #节拍在你美妙的身体里流动吗? |
[01:19] | # Do you enjoy sweatin’ all on me? | #你能让我的汗尽情的流淌吗? |
[01:23] | # Whoa! Did you just bust that move freestylin’? | #喔!你刚才打破了那个自由形式吗? |
[01:26] | # Do you do much choreographin’? | #你设计了很多舞蹈动作吗? |
[01:28] | # You’re wildin’ out, boy, great timin’, I like a man who can dance | #男孩,你激情四射,美妙的时光啊,我喜欢会跳舞的人 |
[01:32] | # Showin’, swingin’, bangin’, teach me how to dance | #秀吧,摇摆吧,展现活力吧,教我怎么跳舞 |
[01:37] | # Could you, could you teach me, teach me how to? | #你能吗,你能教我吗,教我怎么跳? |
[01:40] | # Could you, could you, could you teach me? | #你能吗,你能吗,你能教我吗? |
[01:43] | # Teach me how to dance… # | #教我怎么跳舞… # |
[01:56] | I’m off to the garage. You wanna lift? | 我要去修车场.你要搭便车吗? |
[01:59] | No, thanks. | 不,谢谢. |
[02:01] | I’m gonna work the routine a few more times. | 我还要把这套舞蹈动作再做几次. |
[02:03] | – Big day, huh? – Yep. | -重要的一天,嗯? -是的. |
[02:06] | So you’re packed? | 那你准备好了吗? |
[02:08] | Almost. | 差不多了. |
[02:10] | OK, see you later. | 好吧,再见. |
[02:33] | – Hey. – There you are. | -嘿. -你来了呀. |
[02:35] | – Missed you at the party last night. – Sorry, Wayne. I had to finish packing. | – 昨晚的派对没看到你呀. – 对不起,韦恩.我得完成整套舞蹈动作. |
[02:40] | – I burned you some travelling music. – Oh! | – 我给你刻了些活动的音乐. – 哦! |
[02:43] | So, are you nervous? | 那你紧张吗? |
[02:46] | Not really. I’m more excited. | 真的没有.我很兴奋. |
[02:48] | Come on, it’s the Chicago School of Music and Dance. | 来吧,那可是芝加哥音乐舞蹈学校. |
[02:51] | I know. I’ve only been dreaming about it for as long as I can remember. | 我知道.在我能记起的过往,我仅仅是在梦中见过它. |
[02:55] | The girls I’m up against, they trained with the best teachers and choreographers. | 我要去面对的那些女孩,她们是由 最好的老师和的舞步设计师训练出来的. |
[03:00] | So you are nervous. | 所以你很紧张. |
[03:02] | Don’t worry. They’d be crazy not to take you. | 别担心.除非他们疯了才不会选你. |
[03:06] | Has your brother lightened up at all? | 你哥哥对所有这些看开了吗? |
[03:09] | Hmm, you know how Joel can be. | 嗯,你知道Joel是怎样的. |
[03:12] | – He doesn’t get it. – He’s just gonna miss you. | – 他不明白. – 他只是关心你罢了. |
[03:15] | This means me and my two left feet will have to find a new dance partner! | 这意味着我和我的笨手笨脚将不得不去找个新的舞伴! |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:847个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:109个,六级词汇:48个,GRE词汇:45个,托福词汇:73个,考研词汇:120个,专四词汇:93个,专八词汇:9个, 所有生词标注共:196个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:20] | – You aren’t that bad. – Yeah, right! | – 你没那么糟. – 是的,对! |
[03:23] | All right, good luck. | 好吧,祝你好运. |
[03:30] | – Get out of here. – OK. | – 离开这里.-好的. |
[03:50] | – Good luck, Lauryn. – Thanks, Marty. | – 祝你好运,Lauryn. – 谢谢,Marty. |
[03:53] | – Frankie quoted me 500. – Course he did, he’s a crook. | – Frankie向我要了500元. – 他当然会的,他是个骗子. |
[03:57] | I’ll do it for 250. Pick it up after lunch. | 250美元,我就会做的.在午饭后把它取走. |
[03:59] | See you then. | 看你的了. |
[04:01] | Hey, Clueless, I think she wanted you to pick her up after lunch. | 嘿,很天真呀,我想她希望你在午饭后去接她. |
[04:11] | Last month after payroll, you’re plus 600. | 上个月,你的工资另外增加600元. |
[04:14] | Good month. | 不错的一个月. |
[04:16] | That’s still 1,800 behind for the month before last. | 前一个月,还留了1,800. |
[04:21] | OK. | 好的. |
[04:23] | I guess I’ll be hitting the road. | 我想我会上路了. |
[04:30] | Joel… why am I on the schedule? | Joel…为什么把我列在时间表中吗? |
[04:33] | Sorry, wishful thinking. | 对不起,我想当然的. |
[04:35] | Come on. I’m 21. It’s now or never. | 好了.我是21岁了.现在就是,不会再有了. |
[04:40] | If I nail this audition, I’m gonna be in Chicago till my classes begin. | 如果我通过这次试演,我会在芝加哥,等到我的课开始. |
[04:46] | Look, I got some interviews together for you. | 听着,我要和你谈谈. |
[04:48] | Qualified bookkeepers to replace me. Resumes are on my desk. | 找有资格的记账人来代替我吧.简历在我的桌子上. |
[04:52] | 15 grand a year tuition… I don’t know how you’re gonna pull that off. | 1万5一年的学费…我不知道你将如何办到. |
[04:56] | With a part-time job, Joel. | 做一份兼职工作,Joel. |
[04:58] | I promised after Mom and Dad died, | 我答应过在妈妈和爸爸死后, |
[05:00] | I’d do whatever to keep this place running. | 我会做任何事情来维持这里. |
[05:03] | But I can’t work in a garage all my life. You know I’ve trained to be a dancer. | 但我不会一生都在一个修车场工作.你知道我已练习去做一名舞蹈演员. |
[05:07] | Yeah, I know. | 是的,我知道. |
[05:10] | All right. | 好的. |
[05:13] | I’m outta here. | 我要走了. |
[05:34] | Boss, if she don’t work here no more, | 老板,如果她不再在这里工作, |
[05:36] | you think I could date her? | 你觉得我能和她约会吗? |
[05:41] | Not if you want to live. | 不行,如果你想活的话 |
[05:46] | # Take the other road, go where I wanna go | # 走另一条路,去我想去的地方 |
[05:54] | # Just like a jigsaw puzzle, some piece is out of place | # 就像拼图,有些是放在外面的 |
[05:58] | # You’ve lost your own perception on how to win this race | # 在如何赢得这场比赛上,你已经失去了你自己的感觉 |
[06:02] | # Cos everybody in the world seems to sing the same song | # 因为世界上的每个人都好像唱同一首歌 |
[06:07] | # Marching to the same beat, playing from the same drum | # 通过相同的节拍,从同一个鼓中演奏出来 |
[06:12] | # But I ain’t afraid to keep my own eternity | # 但我不会害怕留下我自己的永恒 |
[06:16] | # I live my live, I do it my way… # | # 我过着我的生活,我用我的方法来做… # |
[06:52] | – Excuse me, where do we check in? – Up there. | – 打扰一下,我们到哪办理登记手续?-那上面. |
[07:00] | 243. Next! | 第243号.下一个! |
[07:05] | – Name? – Lauryn Kirk. | – 叫什么名字? – Lauryn kirk . |
[07:07] | Lauryn Kirk? 252. | Lauryn Kirk? 第252号. |
[07:11] | Next. Name? | 下一个.叫什么名字? |
[07:34] | Thanks for coming in. 251? | 谢谢你能来. 第251号? |
[07:41] | – I give her about a minute fifteen. – You’re kidding. | – 我给她一分钟15岁秒了. – 你在开玩笑吧. |
[07:45] | If you last more than a minute, you’re lucky. | 如果你超过一分钟,你就很幸运. |
[08:06] | Thank you. Thank you, Stephanie, that’s enough. | 谢谢你.谢谢你,Stephanie,够了. |
[08:09] | That’s not what we’re looking for, but thanks for coming in. | 你不是我们要找的,但是谢谢你过来. |
[08:13] | Enjoy your time in Chicago. Who’s next? | 祝你在芝加哥玩得愉快.下一个是谁? |
[08:19] | Number 252. | 第252号. |
[08:28] | Yeah, hi, how are you? | 嗨,你好吗? |
[08:31] | Hi, I’m Lauryn Kirk from Glenwood, Indiana. | 嗨,我是Lauryn Kirk来自印第安纳州的Glenwood. |
[08:34] | – So, what have you brought for us? – It’s… er… a piece that I put together. | – 那么,你给我们带来的是什么呀? – 这是…..一…一套我编的舞蹈. |
[08:39] | – May we see it? – Yeah. | -我们可以看看吗? -当然. |
[08:47] | That’s OK. This is your time, don’t mind our schedule. | 那太好了.下面是你的时间了,不介意我们的时间安排. |
[09:16] | Hello! Hello, hello, stop! Stop! | 喂!喂,喂,停!停! |
[09:21] | We received 2,000 tapes. | 我们收到了2,000的带子. |
[09:24] | You’re one of the 300 people here today, congratulations. | 你是今天在这里300人中的一员,恭喜你. |
[09:27] | But now I need more. | 但现在我需要的更多. |
[09:30] | I… I don’t understand. | 我……..我不明白. |
[09:32] | We’re looking for dancers who can express real emotion, | 我们在找能表达真实情感的舞者, |
[09:35] | not fragments of it. | 而不是零碎的动作. |
[09:37] | Something softer, more sensual, more feminine. | 某种更柔美的,更性感的,更女性化的. |
[09:41] | More honest. | 更坦诚的. |
[09:45] | Thank you, Miss Kirk. | 谢谢你,Kirk小姐. |
[09:51] | Who’s next? | 下一个是谁? |
[09:54] | OK, let’s get right to it. | 好的,让我们正视它吧. |
[09:58] | Right here. | 就在这里. |
[10:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢. |
[10:20] | 252, huh? | 第252号,嗯? |
[10:22] | I remember that cattle call. It’s a tough school. | 我记得那个选秀的公司.那可是个很严厉的学校. |
[10:27] | You auditioned? | 你试演了吗? |
[10:28] | Oh, I don’t know if I’d exactly call it an audition. | 哦,我不知道严格来说是不是能称之为一次试演. |
[10:32] | I lasted all of a minute and 12 seconds. | 我一直持续了1分12秒. |
[10:36] | Should I even ask? | 我根本不该问? |
[10:40] | It’s harder than you thought it was gonna be, huh? | 它比你想像中的更难,嗯? |
[10:43] | At least my brother back home will be thrilled to know I didn’t get in. | 至少我哥哥回家知道我没进去一定很高兴. |
[10:46] | Yeah, all my brothers and sisters live in the same town where we grew up. | 是的,我所有的兄弟姐妹都住在从小长大的同一个城市里. |
[10:50] | They thought I was crazy moving here. My dad didn’t speak to me for weeks. | 他们认为我搬到这儿来,一定是疯了.我爸爸好几个星期都没和我说话. |
[10:55] | Did it get better? | 事情好转了吗? |
[10:57] | Yeah, now he calls me all the time. | 是的,现在他每天都会打电话给我. |
[11:01] | That school only lets in one percent. | 那学校只有百分之一的人能进. |
[11:03] | That’s like 20 out of the thousands who apply, | 数以千计的申请可能只有20个人被挑选出来, |
[11:06] | so don’t be so hard on yourself. | 所以不要太为难自己. |
[11:33] | Hello? | 喂? |
[11:34] | So how’d it go? | 你那怎么样? |
[11:36] | OK. | 很好. |
[11:38] | – You didn’t get in? – ‘I didn’t say that.’ | – 你不能进去吗? – 我没这么说.’ |
[11:42] | – So you did get in? – They don’t tell you right away. | – 那你进去了吗? – 他们不会马上告诉你的. |
[11:46] | – Well, what does it look like? – Looks good. | – 好吧,看上去怎样? – 看上去很不错. |
[11:51] | – ‘That sounds believable.’ – Look, Joel, I’m tired. OK, I… | – 听起来可信的. -听着,Joel,我累了.好的,我…….. |
[11:54] | – ‘Call me as soon as you know.’ – Yeah. | – 你一有消息的就打电话告诉我. -好的. |
[11:59] | I gotta go. | 我得走了. |
[12:01] | Wait! Stop! | 等等!停下! |
[12:04] | Stop! Wait, stop! | 停下!等等,等等,等等,停下! |
[12:08] | Stop! | 停下! |
[12:40] | Hey, are you all right? | 嗨,你还好吗? |
[12:42] | Let’s get you out of this rain. Call the tow company from my place. | 让我带你离开这雨中.到我家打电话给拖车公司吧. |
[12:47] | Come on. | 来吧. |
[12:55] | I really appreciate this. | 我真的很感激. |
[12:57] | No problem. Trust me, I’ve been there. | 没问题.相信我,我已经在那里了. |
[12:59] | When I first got here, I got knocked down so many times I lost count. | 当我刚到这里来的时候,我被击倒了好多次我都数不清了. |
[13:03] | And the looks, like you’re just some hick from… | 那样子,就像你一样是土头土脑的,来自… |
[13:06] | Indiana? Mm-hmm. | 印地安那州吗?嗯. |
[13:10] | Oh, what am I gonna do? | 哦,我要怎么做? |
[13:12] | My brother thinks I’m going to dance school. What do I tell him? | 我哥哥以为我要将要去跳舞学校.我该告诉他什么? |
[13:15] | “I didn’t get in. And, oh, yeah, they towed my car, too.” | 我没进去.还有,哦,是的,他们还拖走了我的车. |
[13:19] | I can’t go home. There’s nothing for me there. | 我不能回家.那儿对我来说什么不是. |
[13:22] | – So don’t go. – What, you mean stay in Chicago? | – 那就别去了. – 什么,你是说呆在芝加哥? |
[13:26] | If you don’t mind sleeping on the couch, crash here while you figure it out. | 如果你不会介意睡在沙发上,你想好了,就临时在这住吧. |
[13:30] | Wait, you don’t snore, do you? | 等等,你不会打鼾,是吗? |
[13:32] | Not the last time I checked. | 不会,上次我检查过了. |
[14:20] | Lauryn Kirk. | 我叫Lauryn Kirk. |
[14:21] | – Klirk? – No. Kirk. | – Klirk吗? -不.是Kirk. |
[14:24] | – No, I don’t have you down here. – I think it’s… | – 不,我没有叫你来这的. – 我想这是….. |
[14:26] | You gonna have to go wait over there. | 你得去那边等吧. |
[15:20] | Excuse me. Can I ask who you’re with? | 抱歉.我能问一下,你是和谁一起来的吗? |
[15:23] | Oh, I was… er… I was invited… here by a friend. | 哦,我是…嗯…我是被邀请…被一个朋友的邀请来的. |
[15:27] | – Through the service door? – Right… er… | – 从后门吗? – 是的…嗯… |
[15:30] | – Can I see your ID? – Yeah, of course… | -我能看一下你的身份证吗? – 是的,当然… |
[15:35] | – I’m really sorry about this. – That’s OK. | – 我真的很抱歉. – 没关系. |
[15:38] | Lauryn Kirk from Glenwood, Indiana. | Lauryn Kirk,来自印第安纳州的Glenwood. |
[15:42] | “Corn and cars”, that’s our motto. | “玉米和汽车”,是我们(家乡)的口号. |
[15:44] | I like corn. | 我喜欢玉米. |
[15:46] | Actually if you just give me your phone number, | 事实上如果你给我你的电话号码, |
[15:48] | we can settle this, and it’s kind of a house rule… | 我们可以解决这个问题,这是这里的规矩… |
[15:52] | – Hey, you made it. – Hey. | – 嘿,你做到了.-嘿. |
[15:54] | – Is this guy giving you a hard time? – No! | – 这个人为难你? – 不. |
[15:57] | But I thought he was the manager. | 但是我以为他是经理. |
[15:59] | The manager? No, Russ is the music director. | 经理吗?不,Russ是音乐总监. |
[16:01] | Guilty. | 有罪的. |
[16:04] | – Nice try. – Well, it almost worked. | – 很好的尝试. – 好的,差点就成功了. |
[16:08] | Sort that out later. I wanna introduce you to Brenda. | 稍后再证明行不行吧.我想要把你介绍给Brenda. |
[16:11] | Bye, Lauryn Kirk! | 再见,Lauryn Kirk! |
[16:19] | Brenda, this is Lauryn and vice versa. | Brenda,这是Lauryn,互相认识一下. |
[16:22] | You’ve been looking for her, for the bookkeeping job. | 你一直在找的来做记账的工作的人. |
[16:26] | Thanks, but I’m not adopting any more strays. | 谢谢,但我不要收养更多的流浪者. |
[16:28] | I need you upstairs getting ready. | 我需要你到楼上去准备好. |
[16:34] | Wait, wait. | 等等,等等. |
[16:36] | I know you don’t want a stranger looking into your books, | 我知道你不想要一个陌生人查看你的帐本, |
[16:38] | but I know QuickBooks, I can do payroll in my sleep, | 但我知道QuickBooks软件,我睡觉都能做好账, |
[16:42] | and your quarterly 1087 is due in seven days. | 并且你每三年一季要付7天的税金. |
[16:45] | If you pay your crew in cash, you’ll need a perfect Schedule E to avoid enquiries. | 如果你付给你的工作人员现金,你就需要一个完美的E计划避免调查了. |
[16:49] | I’ve cranked those out like clockwork for my family’s business since I was 17. | 从我17岁开始,我己经不加思索地就可以让我家的生意顺利通过. |
[16:53] | But if you just need me to file stuff, I can do that, too. | 但如果你只是需要我把东西归档,我也可以做. |
[16:57] | – You done? – Yeah. | – 你要做吗? -是的. |
[17:00] | Fine. Trial basis, $12 an hour, and no benefits. | 好吧.试用期,每个小时12美金,没有津贴. |
[17:03] | OK. | 好的. |
[17:09] | This is where the girls change. This is your home away from home. | 这是女孩们的换衣服的地方.这是像家里一样安适自在的地方. |
[17:13] | You get paid every other week. | 你每隔一星期来拿钱. |
[17:16] | You’ll start at 3:00 and stay till we close. | 你从3点钟开始,一直等我们打烊. |
[17:19] | If you can’t find something, look harder. It’s all in here somewhere. | 如果你不能找到东西,看仔细了.这就是在这里的某个地方所有的东西了. |
[17:24] | You can start… | 你可以开始… |
[17:27] | …by organising the January receipts. | …整理1月份的收据了. |
[17:30] | No problem. | 没问题. |
[17:32] | Oh, by the way, the other bookkeeper… lasted about a week. | 哦,顺便说一句,其他的记账人…坚持了大概一个星期. |
[17:50] | Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Ruby’s, | 女士们,先生们,欢迎来到Ruby之家, |
[17:54] | the hottest spot in Chicago! | 芝加哥最火辣的节目! |
[18:25] | # Hold the door, while I let myself in | # 扶着门,在我让自己进来的时候 |
[18:33] | # I’m tired, boy | # 我累了,男孩 |
[18:36] | # Need a drink, need a man | # 需要喝一杯,需要一个男人 |
[18:41] | # I’m not looking for trouble | #我不想找麻烦 |
[18:45] | # I just want someone to tease | #我只是想找个人挑逗 |
[18:51] | # Maybe if you’re lucky | # 也许,如果你是幸运的 |
[18:55] | # I’ll show you what I’ve got | # 我要让你看看我有什么 |
[18:58] | # But let’s get one thing straight, dear | # 但是让我们进入正题吧,亲爱的 |
[19:02] | # I get what I want | # 我得到我想要的 |
[19:20] | # Here there, boy, I am not like the rest | # 这儿,那儿,男孩,我不像其他人 |
[19:28] | # Let’s have a dance, while our souls get undressed | # 让我们一起来舞蹈,当我们的灵魂除去外衣 |
[19:36] | # I don’t care much for small talk | # 我不在乎闲聊 |
[19:40] | # There’s no need to say a thing more | # 不需要说更多 |
[19:44] | # I can make you feel something lovely | # 我能让你感觉到愉快 |
[19:48] | # That you’ve never felt before | # 是你以前从来没有感受过的 |
[19:53] | # Maybe if you’re lucky, I’ll show you what I’ve got | # 也许,如果你是幸运的,我会让你看看我有什么 |
[20:01] | # But let’s get something straight, dear | # 但是让我们进入正题吧,亲爱的 |
[20:05] | # I get what I want | # 我得到我想要的 |
[20:43] | # Slow down, boy | # 慢点,男孩 |
[20:45] | # Don’t you step on my toes… # | # 你不要踩到我的脚… # |
[21:14] | Hey, don’t be late again. | 嘿,别再迟到了. |
[21:17] | Aye-aye. | 好的. |
[21:21] | – This goes on every night? – Every night we’re open. | – 每个晚上都进行吗? – 每天晚上我们都会公演的. |
[21:23] | Brenda’s got a real vision for the place. | Brenda为这个地方找到了一种真正的影像. |
[21:26] | It’s rooted in burlesque, but our dance goes way beyond the traditional stuff. | 它植根在低级的谐谑表演中,但是我们的舞蹈超越了传统的表演. |
[21:30] | – Well, you were terrific up there. – Thanks. | – 好呀,你在那台上棒极了. – 谢谢. |
[21:33] | What’s up, girls? Good job tonight. | 你们好吗,姑娘们?干得好,今晚. |
[21:36] | – Brenda, hit me. – Yes, wash this stuff down. | – Brenda,给我来一杯. – 是的,喝吧. |
[21:40] | Hey, this is Lauryn. She’s the new bookkeeper. | 嘿,这是Lauryn.她是新来的记账人. |
[21:44] | Carmen’s not interested in any stories she’s not the star of. | Carmen对于不是明星的故事不感兴趣. |
[21:47] | Oh, still bummed I’m not the star of your world any more? | 哦,我不再是你的世界里的明星,我就更没有什么价值吗? |
[21:50] | – Baby, stars burn out. – Maybe you couldn’t stand the heat. | – 宝贝,星星光芒暗淡了. – 也许你不能忍受它的热度. |
[21:53] | You guys wanna do some after-hours damage at Junior’s? | 你们想在下班后去Junior之家消遣一下吗? |
[21:57] | – Yes. Cheers. – Cheers! | – 是的.干杯. -干杯! |
[22:01] | – Right, first round’s on Lauryn! – What? | – 好的,lauryn的第一个回合! – 什么? |
[22:39] | Can we have a Cosmo and a gin and tonic, no ice? | 给我们来一杯科兹莫(一种鸡尾酒)和一杯杜松子酒加汤尼水,不加冰? |
[22:42] | Hey, two. | 嘿,两份. |
[23:05] | Let’s get this party started. | 让我们开始派对吧. |
[23:27] | Aw, well, welcome to Chicago. Congratulations on the new job. | 噢,好的,欢迎来到芝加哥.恭喜你有了新工作. |
[23:32] | Cool about earlier? Cos I was just playing. | 之前的事很无礼吧? 其实我只是开玩笑而已. |
[23:36] | – So how long you worked at Ruby’s? – About a year. | – 那你在Ruby之家工作了多久? – 大概一年左右. |
[23:40] | – You like it? – There’s worse ways to make a living. | – 你喜欢它吗? – 还行. |
[23:44] | I’ll bet there are. | 我挺不错. |
[24:02] | – Why aren’t you out there? – Not my kind of dancing. | – 你为什么不去那儿吗? – 不是我喜欢的舞. |
[24:05] | Sitting back, hiding in your hoodie… That’s your kind of dancing? | 坐在后面,藏在你的带帽上衣里…那是你的舞吗? |
[24:13] | So… er… you and Carmen? | 那…哦…你和Carmen吗? |
[24:15] | No. No. | 不.不. |
[24:17] | That was like a 24-hour flu. | 那就像一个24小时的流感一样. |
[24:20] | You get it, you get really sick, and then you get over it. | 你明白的,你真的病了,然后你又会很快恢复过来. |
[24:33] | So arrogant. “Are you just hide out there in your hoodie?” | 太傲慢了.你只是在那边躲在你的带帽上衣里吗? |
[24:37] | Russ likes giving people a hard time, especially if he thinks they’re cute. | Russ喜欢给人不好过,尤其是如果他认为她们很可爱. |
[24:42] | Please. | 求你了. |
[24:44] | Russ was right. You should’ve been on the floor with us. | Russ是对的.你应该和我们在一起到舞池中去. |
[24:47] | What, dancing like Carmen? Shakin’ it? | 什么,像Carmen一样跳舞吗?抖动身体吗? |
[24:54] | Work it. Ha! | 动起来.哈! |
[24:57] | I love it. | 我爱死它了. |
[24:59] | Seriously, you’re missing another side you could bring to your dancing. | 说真的,你错过了另一方面,这个可以放到你的舞蹈中去. |
[25:04] | I’m not dancing right now, remember? | 我现在不会跳舞,记得吗? |
[25:22] | Hey, you’re looking good. | 嘿,你看起来很好. |
[25:27] | Why do my feet hate me? | 为什么我的脚不听我的? |
[25:30] | I don’t know. Maybe it’s cos you’re going from the twist into a step. | 我不知道.也许是因为你移动要从扭身变为一步. |
[25:34] | Like you’re missing something. | 就像你缺少了些什么. |
[25:36] | – Right. I’ll just eighty-six the combo. – No, it’s… | – 好的.我是只没有乐队-不,这是….. |
[25:39] | No, I think the combination’s fine. It’s just I think you’re missing a piece. | 不,我想组合会不错的.我只是觉得你缺少了一部分. |
[25:44] | Like, if it was my thing | 像这样,如果这是来我做的话 |
[25:47] | and I wanted to do that I would just go… here to there. | 我想这样做,我只是…从这里走到那里. |
[25:51] | Hmm… Could you show me that again? | 嗯…你能不能再让我看一遍吗? |
[25:54] | Sure, it’s simple. | 当然,这很简单. |
[25:57] | – Here. – Here… | – 这儿. – 这儿… |
[25:59] | Then here. | 然后这儿. |
[26:01] | Then there. | 然后那儿. |
[26:03] | – There… I like that. – Yeah? | – 那儿…我喜欢这样. – 是吗? |
[26:05] | Watch your back, D. Girl’s got moves. | 看你背后,Dana, 女孩很棒呀. |
[26:08] | – Maybe you should watch yours. – Her moves ain’t that good. | – 也许应该看着你的. – 她的动作并没那么好. |
[26:15] | Maybe you should give it a try, get up on stage one night. | 也许你应该来试试,上台一个晚上. |
[26:18] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗? |
[26:19] | I would fall on my ass in those heels. Seriously, people would get hurt. | 穿着高跟鞋我会摔跤的.说真的,大家会很痛苦的. |
[26:23] | – Shut up, you’ve got steps. – No, it’s not my thing. | – 闭嘴,你总有借口.-不,这不是我的工作. |
[26:27] | Oh, OK, and those clothes are? | 哦,好吧,是那些衣服吗? |
[26:30] | Seriously, Lauryn, they’re killing your sexy. | 说真的,Lauryn,他们会抹杀了你的性感. |
[26:32] | – My sexy? – Yeah, every dancer’s got a sexy. | – 我也性感吗? – 是的,每个舞蹈演员有性感的一面. |
[26:36] | You just got to find yours. | 你只是得去找你的. |
[26:43] | # That’s how we do it on the weekend | # 我们周末如此度过 |
[26:45] | # Turn up the radio and let the speakers blow | # 把收音机的声音开大,然后让扬声器轰鸣. |
[26:49] | # Get your shoes on, feel the party go get started… # | # 穿上你的鞋,感觉派对快开始了… # |
[27:10] | Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, | 不要纷乱,女士们,先生们, |
[27:12] | put your hands together for Dana! | 为了Dana,把你们的手放在一起! |
[27:22] | Go, Dana! | 去吧,Dana! |
[28:42] | Hey, Lauryn, meet Marcus. | 嘿,Lauryn,见过Marcus. |
[28:44] | Oh, hi. Dana’s told me all about you. | 哦,嗨.Dana是告诉了我你的所有事. |
[28:46] | You should’ve seen your girlfriend on stage tonight. She nailed it. | 你应该看看你女朋友今晚在舞台上的表现.她太棒了. |
[28:50] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[28:51] | We’re gonna catch a bite to eat. Wanna to join us? | 我们要去吃点东西.和我们一起去吗? |
[28:54] | Oh, no, you two go. I’ve got to finish up here… | 哦,不,你俩去吧.我得把这搞定… |
[28:57] | Yeah, you sure? | 是吗,你确定吗? |
[28:58] | – Yeah. – OK, all right. Well, catch you later. | – 是啊. – 好吧,那好的.回头见. |
[29:02] | – Like tomorrow. – Bye. | – 明天见.-再见. |
[29:05] | – Have a good night. – Bye. | – 晚上愉快. – 再见. |
[29:26] | OK, I’m out of here. | 好的,我要走了. |
[29:30] | Hello? | 喂? |
[29:34] | Anybody here? | 有人吗? |
[31:18] | – I can’t believe he said that.-I Know. me either. | – 我不相信他会那样说. – 我知道,我也是. |
[31:27] | You’re still not taking your brother’s calls? | 你还是不接你哥哥的电话吗? |
[31:31] | Just not up for it. He still thinks I’m in school. | 只是不想再说了.他仍然认为我在学校学习. |
[31:34] | You can’t hide here and avoid him forever. | 你不能永远躲在这不见他. |
[31:37] | – You’ve got to tell him sometime. – I know. | – 日后你总得告诉他的. – 我知道. |
[31:40] | OK. | 好的. |
[32:06] | – Come on, Cinderella. – I gotta work, you guys go. | – 来吧,我们的灰姑娘. – 我必须工作,你们去吧. |
[32:12] | Bye, see you. | 再见. |
[32:15] | Hi. Nice moves. | 嗨.跳得不错. |
[32:20] | – What are you? – I’m not gonna tell anybody. | – 你说什么? – 我不会告诉任何人的. |
[32:23] | But just a hint… | 但只是个暗示… |
[32:25] | If you want to keep a secret, | 如果你要保守秘密, |
[32:28] | don’t rehearse where you work, | 不要在你工作的地方排练, |
[32:31] | unless you know you’re the only one with a set of keys. | 除非你知道你是唯一一个有钥匙的人. |
[32:37] | Thanks, I’ll try to remember that. | 谢谢,我会记住的. |
[32:41] | You know, er… | 你知道,嗯… |
[32:43] | Think I could pry you away? Maybe grab a drink? | 你觉得我能带你出去? 也许去喝一杯? |
[32:48] | Not real thirsty. | 我不是很渴. |
[32:52] | Cool. | 好的. |
[32:55] | Cool. Er… next time. | 好的.嗯…下次吧. |
[33:00] | I could eat. | 我可以吃点什么. |
[33:04] | Well, I got the perfect place. | 好吧,我有个好的去处. |
[33:12] | Growing up, my mom used to tell me stories about Chicago, | 小时候,我妈妈曾经告诉关于芝加哥的故事, |
[33:15] | the lights, energy, the people. | 灯光,活力,人们. |
[33:19] | She dreamed of coming here and being a dancer. | 她梦想到这来并做一名舞者. |
[33:22] | – That’s where you got the moves from. – Yep. She studied to be one. | – 你的舞步就是来自于她了. – 是的.她很用功地去做. |
[33:26] | Chose to be a mom instead. So she passed the dream down to me. | (最终,)她选择做了一个母亲而不是(舞者).所以她把那个梦传给了我. |
[33:30] | – Is she still in Glenwood? – No, no. She passed away. | – 她还在Glenwood吗? – 不,不.她去世了. |
[33:35] | I’m sorry. | 真抱歉. |
[33:38] | She got pretty sick when I was about 10, | 她得了很重的病,当时我大概10岁, |
[33:41] | and it took a lot out of us, especially my dad. | 她的去世让我们很难过,特别是我父亲. |
[33:45] | After Mom, he just… spent all his time in the garage. | 在妈妈去世后,他只是…把所有的时间花在了修车场上. |
[33:50] | He said it kept his mind off missing her. | 他说这可以让他不去想她. |
[33:54] | And then one night, three years ago, | 在这之后,3年前的一个晚上, |
[33:57] | I was coming back to the garage after a recital. | 我参加完舞蹈表演会回到修车场 |
[34:00] | Joel was in Indy picking up equipment and he’d asked me to stay with Dad. | Joel正在INDY汽车大赛中运送设备,他叫我陪着爸爸. |
[34:04] | But some dancer friends wanted to go out to dinner. | 但是一些跳舞的朋友想出去吃晚饭. |
[34:08] | Later when I did get to the garage… | 之后,当我回到修车场… |
[34:12] | …I found him on the floor. | …我发现他躺在地板上. |
[34:15] | He’d had a heart attack. | 他心脏病发作了. |
[34:20] | I always wonder if I’d just got there 10 minutes earlier… | 我一直在想,如果我再早10分钟到那… |
[34:22] | You can’t do that to yourself. | 你不要太为难自己. |
[34:26] | After that, I put school on hold to stay and help Joel out with the shop. | 在那之后,我把学业放下来帮Joel打理店辅. |
[34:32] | Since losing Dad, it’s just been the two of us. | 自从父亲去世后,只剩下我们俩相依为命. |
[34:37] | That had to be hard. | 那一定是很艰难的. |
[34:39] | You know, all of it. | 你知道的,所有的这些事. |
[34:41] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[34:46] | So what’s in there? | 那里面是什么? |
[34:48] | This? This is the best sweet and sour shrimp in Chicago. | 这个吗?这是芝加哥最好的甜酸虾. |
[34:52] | – Really? – Want some? | – 真的吗? – 要来点吗? |
[34:54] | Sure. | 当然. |
[35:00] | Yeah, that’s Lincoln Park, | 是的,那是林肯公园, |
[35:03] | where all the kids hang out with the students and what not. | 所有的孩子常去那,和学生或者别的人. |
[35:06] | Then you got downtown, where the bankers are. | 然后你到了市中心,银行家们就呆在那. |
[35:09] | That’s pretty much Chicago. | 芝加哥差不多就这样. |
[35:13] | Well… | 好的… |
[35:15] | Thank you for a wonderful dinner. | 谢谢你丰盛的晚餐. |
[35:19] | Anytime. | 不用谢. |
[35:24] | I don’t remember seeing that on the menu. | 我不记得在菜单上看过这道菜. |
[35:28] | Yeah, well, that’s the Chef’s Special. | 是的,好啦,那是厨师的特别做的. |
[35:34] | Good night. | 晚安. |
[35:36] | Good night. | 晚安. |
[35:53] | – Hey. – Hi. | -嘿.-嗨. |
[35:56] | – How’s it going? – Good. | – 你还好吗? – 很好. |
[36:00] | So I had a good time last night. | 昨天晚上我很开心. |
[36:03] | Me, too. | 我也是. |
[36:04] | You have got to be kidding me. Carmen’s running late. | 你一定是在开玩笑吧.Carmen迟到了. |
[36:08] | Doesn’t Dana go on first anyway? | Dana不能先上吧? |
[36:11] | Do you see Dana? No, because she called in sick. | 你看到吗Dana?不,因为她请病假了. |
[36:14] | – And I have a line… – I can spin till Carmen gets here. | – 我的顾客在排队… – 我可以尽量拖延时间直到Carmen到这来. |
[36:17] | I have three birthday parties and a room full of VIPs. | 我这有三个生日派对和一屋子的贵宾. |
[36:20] | No offence, Russ, but they didn’t come to hear you spin. | 没有冒犯你的意思,Russ,但他们不是来这听你胡扯的. |
[36:23] | – You could let Lauryn dance. – What? | – 你可以让Lauryn来跳呀. – 什么? |
[36:27] | Brenda, I’ve seen her dance, OK, she’s good. | Brenda,我看过她跳舞,没关系,她很棒. |
[36:29] | Why don’t you just give her a shot? | 你为什么不给她一次机会呢? |
[36:33] | Look, Lauryn, you’re a sweet kid, but you’re obviously no dancer. | 听着,Lauryn,你是个可爱的女孩,但显然你不是一个舞蹈演员. |
[36:41] | Why did you tell her that? | 为什么你和她说这些? |
[36:42] | What, you’re gonna hide out back here? | 什么,你打算一直躲在后面吗? |
[36:45] | What you saw me doing was fooling around. | 你看到我做的都是乱来的. |
[36:47] | – I don’t dance like Ruby’s girls. – So do your thing. | – 我不会像Ruby之家的姑娘们那样跳舞. – 行的,跳你的吧. |
[36:50] | Trust me, when you get on stage, nobody’s gonna care. | 相信我,当你在舞台上,没人会在乎的. |
[36:54] | Well, I care. | 好的,我在乎. |
[36:57] | You moved to Chicago to be a dancer. | 你来芝加哥就是想成为一个舞蹈家. |
[36:59] | I moved here to go to school. | 我来这是去上学的. |
[37:03] | OK. | 好的. |
[37:05] | I’m sorry. | 对不起. |
[37:09] | Look, price doesn’t matter as long as you get her here. | 听着,价钱不是问题只要你带她来这. |
[37:13] | Yes, a cab. | 是的,坐出租车来. |
[37:16] | How long? All right. Thanks, I’ll give them a try. | 多久?好的.谢谢,我会给他们个机会试试. |
[37:25] | Joe, it’s Brenda, I need a girl right away. | Joe,这是Brenda,我需要一个女孩,马上. |
[37:28] | Give me a shot. | 给我一个机会. |
[37:32] | I can do it. | 我能做到的. |
[38:11] | Get off the stage! | 离开舞台! |
[38:13] | What is this, amateur night? | 这是什么,业余爱好者之夜吗? |
[40:00] | We have a tradition. After your first dance… | 我们有个惯例.在你第一次跳舞之后… |
[40:04] | …a toast on the house. – Thank you. | …在剧场里敬你一杯酒. -谢谢. |
[40:07] | If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you rehearsed for tonight. | 如果我不是知道更多的话,我会说你今晚是排练过的. |
[40:11] | Beginner’s luck. | 新手的运气. |
[40:12] | “Beginner”…you got that right. | 新手…你说得对. |
[40:19] | Well… | 好的… |
[40:21] | …that just proves how good you were tonight. | …那只是证明你今晚真棒. |
[40:24] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯.-干杯. |
[40:26] | You wanna get out of here? | 你想出去走走吗? |
[40:34] | Really? You grew up around a garage? | 是吗?你在修车场边长大吗? |
[40:36] | Yeah, I know my way around a car. | 是的,我知道我在一辆汽车旁边. |
[40:38] | – I’d like to see you as a grease monkey. – Oh, yeah. | – 我倒很想看到你像只油猴子的样子. – 哦,是的. |
[40:42] | That’d be Joel’s dream come true, keeping me in that shop. | Joel的梦想成真,把我留在那店里了. |
[40:46] | – Well, he’s just a protective brother. – A little too protective. | – 好吧,他只是个爱护你的大哥哥. – 有点太爱护过头了. |
[40:51] | He doesn’t want me to get my hopes up, so he means well, I guess. | 他不想让我去实现我的梦想,所以他是好意,我猜是吧. |
[40:57] | – This is really impressive. – It’s my entire life, right here. | – 这是真的令人叹为观止. – 这就是我的整个生命,都在这里. |
[41:03] | – That yours, too? – Mm-hm. | – 那也是你的吗? – 嗯-嗯. |
[41:06] | Yeah, I gotta admit something that’s been bothering me for a while. | 是的,我得承认一些事,这让我困扰了好一段时间. |
[41:09] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[41:11] | I lied. | 我撒谎了. |
[41:15] | When I said I liked corn, that was a blatant lie. | 当时我说我喜欢玉米,那是个无耻的谎言. |
[41:17] | I actually hate corn. | 实际上我讨厌玉米. |
[41:20] | Wow. I feel betrayed, like I don’t even know you any more… | 喔.我觉得被出卖了,好像实际上我并不了解你更多的事… |
[41:26] | – Play me something you wrote. – What, now? No. No, it’s… | – 为我演奏一些你写的东西吧. – 什么,现在吗?不,不,这是….. |
[41:31] | Quit stalling, Music Man. | 别拖延时间,音乐人. |
[41:35] | OK. | 好的. |
[41:37] | OK. | 好的. |
[41:39] | This one I’ll play you is… It’s not finished yet. | 我为你演奏的这一曲…还没有写完. |
[41:43] | And… er… you know, don’t judge it. OK, please? | 嗯…你知道,别评判它.好吗,求你了? |
[41:48] | – OK. – OK. | – 好的. – 好的. |
[42:03] | This is you? | 这是你演奏的吗? |
[42:05] | Yeah, I just, I looped the vocals. | 是的,我只是,我把这个乐曲循环播放. |
[42:07] | – On the sax, that’s you, too? – Mm-hm. | – 萨克斯风呀,那也是你吹的吗?-嗯-嗯. |
[42:13] | You should play more. | 你应该演奏更多些. |
[42:16] | You’re good. | 你真棒. |
[42:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢. |
[42:21] | So that’s pretty much it. | 好了,差不多了. |
[42:25] | – It’s not finished. – Why not? | – 它还没完成呢. – 为什么不呢? |
[42:29] | Cos I haven’t got around to it. | 因为我没时间和精力去做. |
[42:35] | I think someone’s eager to change the subject. | 我想有人很想改变你的看法. |
[42:38] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是的.是的. |
[42:40] | This your thing? Going though all the girls at the club? | 这就是你的工作?和俱乐部里的所有女孩们一起吗? |
[42:43] | – Mm-hm, all of them. – That’s what I thought. | -嗯-嗯,她们所有人. – 我是这样想的. |
[42:46] | First Carmen and then who else? | 第一次和Carmen,之后还有谁? |
[42:49] | You know, somebody needs to shut you up. | 你知道,有人想要你闭嘴. |
[42:52] | – Oh, really? – Mm-hm. | -哦,真的吗?-嗯-嗯. |
[43:03] | – What’s wrong? – I think I had too much to drink. | – 怎么了? – 我想我喝太多了. |
[43:08] | Well, then, you… er… shouldn’t drive. | 好吧,那么,你…嗯…就不能开车了. |
[43:14] | I’m sorry, I don’t… I don’t think I’m ready for that yet. | 我很抱歉,我不……..我不认为我准备好了呢. |
[43:20] | That’s not what I was talking about. | 我不想说这个. |
[45:00] | Hey. Got your email. | 嘿.收到了你的邮件. |
[45:03] | Yeah, I was gonna call you. I got a job. | 是的,我正想给你打电话的.我找到工作了. |
[45:08] | – At a garage? – No, at a club, called Ruby’s. | – 在修车场吗?-不,是一个叫ruby之家的夜总会. |
[45:14] | OK, what’s with the silence? | 好吧,为什么不说话? |
[45:18] | Had to let Marty go. It’s no biggie, just a little downsizing. | 必须让Marty离开.没什么大不了的,只是个小规模裁员. |
[45:21] | ‘So how’s the school? ‘ | 在学校还好吗? ‘ |
[45:24] | It’s good. | 很好. |
[45:26] | I sent you some stuff I found in the attic I thought you might want. | 我给你寄了点东西,是我在阁楼里找到的.我觉得你会想要的. |
[45:29] | – ‘Some of Mom’s things.’ – Thanks. | – 是妈妈的一些东西. – 谢谢. |
[45:33] | I gotta go. I booked some studio time and my class is starting, so I should… | 我得走了.我和演播室约好了,而且我的课开始了,所以我应该… |
[45:37] | Yeah. Yeah, sorry. Take care. | 是的.是的,抱歉.保重啊. |
[45:58] | Lauryn, I have three regulars outside asking when they’ll see you dance again. | Lauryn,我有三个老主顾在外面问,什么时候他们可以再看你跳舞. |
[46:03] | I told them tonight. Can you be ready? | 我告诉他们就今晚.你能准备了好吗? |
[46:05] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[46:12] | You haven’t earned the right to be on that stage. | 你还没有资格上台. |
[46:16] | – Excuse me? – Yeah, you’re a dime a dozen. | – 你说什么? – 是的,你一文不值. |
[46:18] | Just another girl from Bumbalow trying to make it big. | 只不过是从Bumbalow来的另一个女孩想把你抬高. |
[46:21] | Guess what, this is the real world and people come to see something special. | 想什么,这是真实的世界和人们是来看些特别的东西的. |
[46:25] | Not that stuff you do. | 不是你做得了的. |
[46:27] | Bullshit, Carmen. I’ve trained my whole life. | 胡说,Carmen.我已经训练了一生. |
[46:29] | Please. | 拜托. |
[46:31] | The tradition takes years to perfect. You don’t just roll in and own it. | 资历是需要岁月才能更完美的.你不要想当然就能得到. |
[46:34] | Lauryn, ten minutes and you’re up. | Lauryn,你10分钟后上台. |
[46:38] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[46:40] | Break a leg. Really. I mean it. | 祝你好运.真的.我是认真的. |
[46:49] | Ladies and gentlemen, let’s give a warm Ruby’s welcome | 女士们,先生们,让我们热烈欢迎Ruby之家 |
[46:52] | to the newest addition to the family… Lauryn! | 最新一员…Lauryn! |
[48:14] | Like you said, girl’s got moves. | 就像你说的,女孩不错的. |
[48:59] | So… er… this school you auditioned for, | 那么…嗯…你在这个学校试演, |
[49:03] | did they say anything, you know, like why you didn’t get in? | 他们说了什么,你知道吗,比如为什么你没进去? |
[49:06] | Sort of, I guess. | 某种意义上,我猜是吧. |
[49:09] | Can I be honest with you? | 我能和你说句实话吗? |
[49:11] | I think whoever made that decision is nuts. | 我想不管是谁做了那个决定他准是疯了. |
[49:16] | OK, the director of the dance department didn’t like my routine. | 好吧,舞蹈部分的设计不适合我. |
[49:20] | He said he thought it wasn’t… | 他说他以为它没有….. |
[49:22] | sensual or feminine enough or something like that. | 性感的或女人味的诸如此类的话. |
[49:26] | Let’s wrestle him into Ruby’s one night and prove him wrong. | 让我们把他弄到Ruby之家来呆一个晚上,就能证明他是错的. |
[49:29] | I don’t think he’s looking for Ruby’s kind of dancers. | 我不认为他想找像Ruby之家的这种类型的舞蹈演员. |
[49:32] | This guy can’t have final say in your life. | 这家伙不能给你的生活下定论. |
[49:35] | Well, no offence, but he is a world-renowned choreographer, | 好的,并没有冒犯你的意思,但是他可是世界知名的舞蹈指导, |
[49:39] | so I think he knows a little bit more about dance than me and you. | 所以我想关于跳舞他比你我知道都更多. |
[49:44] | Well, I know what I see and… | 好吧,我知道我看到了什么… |
[49:47] | …I see that you could be as sexy as Carmen if you wanted to be. | …我知道只要你想你就可以成为像Carmen一样性感的人. |
[49:51] | Oh, really? | 哦,真的吗? |
[49:53] | You know what, Russ? | 你知道什么,Russ? |
[49:55] | My life’s goal isn’t to be as sexy as Carmen. | 我生活目标不是去做一个和Carmen一样性感的人. |
[49:59] | – Hey… I’m sorry, that came out wrong. – Oh, you think? | – 嘿…对不起,你误会了. – 哦,你认为呢? |
[50:02] | Yeah. This isn’t about Carmen, this is about you. | 是的.这不是关于Carmen,这是关于你的. |
[50:07] | You can mix it up better than any of those girls at Ruby’s, | 你能做得比Ruby之家的任何女孩都好, |
[50:10] | and trust me, I’ve seen ’em all. | 相信我,我了解她们所有的人. |
[50:12] | And you have the potential to go so much further. | 你有潜力去做得更好. |
[50:15] | That’s all I was trying to say. | 这就是我想说的. |
[50:22] | What? | 什么? |
[50:26] | Come on. | 来吧. |
[50:29] | Ow! You know, you’re kind of cute when you’re mad. | 噢!你知道,当你生气的时候你很可爱. |
[50:33] | – I’m not talking to you. – I’m just saying. | – 我不想跟你说话的. – 我只是随便说说. |
[50:35] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[51:26] | Mom… | 妈妈… |
[51:36] | Hey. | 嘿. |
[51:38] | Hey. | 嘿. |
[51:40] | Your routine felt a little off tonight. Something on your mind? | 今晚你的舞蹈动作好像有点不在状态.你在想什么? |
[51:45] | Just… some stuff from back home, I guess. | 只是…想家了吧,我想是吧. |
[51:53] | My favourite teacher once told me… dance is a window to the soul. | 我最喜欢的老师曾经告诉过我…舞蹈是灵魂的窗户. |
[51:59] | It doesn’t let you hide. | 它不是让你去隐藏. |
[52:03] | But if you always fight what you feel, | 但是如果你总是去抑制你的情感, |
[52:06] | you’ll never tap into what could make you not just a good dancer | 你将永远不能达到这个境界,这境界不只是让你做一名优秀舞蹈演员 |
[52:10] | but a great one. | 而是成为一个伟大的舞蹈家 |
[52:14] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[52:21] | Lock up when you leave, OK? | 你离开的时候关锁好门,好吗? |
[52:23] | OK. | 好的. |
[54:07] | # Get off the wall, don’t matter what they think | # 从墙上下来,不管他们怎么想 |
[54:10] | # From your fingertips to your toes | # 从你的指尖和脚趾 |
[54:13] | # You know you’re hot, so let everybody know | # 你知道你很性感,那么也让大家知道 |
[54:16] | – # Gotta take it low – # Bottoms up, bottoms up… | -# 放低身体 -# 蹲下,蹲下… |
[54:27] | # Yeah, keep it movin’, man, make it poppin’, man | # 好的,动起来,伙计,跳起机械舞吧,伙计 |
[54:30] | # I’m on the move, gotta catch me when you can | # 我走了,当你准备好了,就来找我 |
[54:33] | # Might see my face on the movie screen | # 也许你会在电影屏幕上见到我的脸 |
[54:35] | # Hypnotise you frame by frame, scene by scene | #一个镜头接一个镜头,一个场景接一个场景,让你着迷 |
[54:38] | # Get your head up, do your thang | # 把你的头抬起来,尽情狂飙吧 |
[54:40] | # Get off the wall, don’t matter what they think… # | # 从墙上下来,不管他们怎么想… # |
[55:19] | Coming. | 来了. |
[55:30] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗? |
[55:32] | No, not at all. | 不,没事. |
[55:34] | You just look amazing. Come on in. | 你看上去真漂亮.进来吧. |
[55:45] | You are a closet romantic. | 你是个秘密的浪漫主义者. |
[55:49] | Well, I’ve been called worse. | 好吧,有人说过更差的. |
[55:55] | Shall we? | 我们可以开始了吗? |
[56:01] | Wait. Let me. | 等等.让我来. |
[56:05] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你. -不用谢. |
[56:11] | – May I offer you some wine? – Yes, please. | – 我可以给你来些酒吗? – 好的,请吧. |
[56:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢你. |
[56:20] | Oh, no. I gotta check the oven. I’ll be right back. | 哦,不不.我得检查烤箱.我马上回来. |
[56:34] | How about a take-out? | 叫个外卖怎样? |
[56:38] | I don’t know, it’s like… | 我不知道,就像… |
[56:39] | …as long as the shop is alive, a little piece of my parents is, too. | …只要店还在,就像我父母还在一样. |
[56:43] | So, it would kill me if Joel ever closed it. | 所以,如果Joel永远把它关了,我会死的. |
[56:46] | – You two sound close. – We’ve had our moments. | – 你们两个听起来很相近. – 我们曾经有过共同的好时光呀. |
[56:52] | So I wanted to thank you for the other night. | 所以我想要为那天晚上向你说谢谢. |
[56:54] | For what? | 为了什么? |
[56:56] | You were right. | 你是对的. |
[56:58] | I can’t let somebody I’ve met once decide what I want. | 我不能让我见过一次的人来决定我要什么. |
[57:01] | So I did some research… and… | 所以我做了一些调查…然后… |
[57:06] | …the School of Music and Dance usually accepts 20 applicants in a school year. | …音乐舞蹈学校在一个学年里通常会接受20个申请者. |
[57:12] | But this year only 18 qualified. | 但是今年只有18个人具有资格. |
[57:14] | So they’re holding a second round of auditions | 所以他们举办了第二回合的试镜 |
[57:17] | for the next semester to find their remaining two dancers. | 为下个学期,找到他们剩下的那两个舞蹈演员. |
[57:20] | You’re gonna re-audition? | 你会去参加复试吗? |
[57:22] | I think so. In three weeks. | 我想是的.三个星期后. |
[57:26] | …the problem was the record company got in my business, | …问题是唱片公司和我联系 |
[57:29] | trying to tell me how to do it, you know. | 想告诉我怎么做音乐,你知道的. |
[57:32] | I thought I knew better, so… | 我认为我知道的更多,所以… |
[57:35] | …so I walked away. | …所以我离开了. |
[57:38] | – Just like that? – Just like that. | – 就这样吗? – 就这样. |
[57:42] | I backed out of the deal and… | 我失败了… |
[57:45] | …fell in with the wrong crowd, and… er… | …和一些乱七八糟的人在一起,并且…嗯… |
[57:48] | …and… er… you know? | …并且…嗯…你知道吗? |
[57:51] | Eventually, I ended up at Ruby’s, | 最终,我留在了Ruby之家, |
[57:54] | and I straightened myself out. | 并且让自己调整过来了. |
[57:58] | See, here’s the thing. | 明白吗,事情就是这样. |
[58:03] | See, everybody who walks away from a dream has a reason. | 明白吗,每个人放弃梦想都是有原因的. |
[58:10] | I think it’s brave… | 我觉得这很勇敢… |
[58:13] | …to take another shot. | …去把握另一个机会. |
[58:19] | Sometimes I just feel like I’m doing it all wrong. | 有时我觉得我好像什么都做错了. |
[58:24] | Well, you’re not. | 你不会的. |
[58:58] | # Listen to me… | # 听我说… |
[59:25] | # You know how much you want him | # 你知道你有多想他 |
[59:28] | # You’re trying to be cool about it, you’re trying to be big about it | # 你想对它冷淡,你想在它面前显示自负 |
[59:31] | # You’re constantly just denying | # 你只是不断否认 |
[59:35] | # You’re like a moth to a flame, can hardly wait but listen | # 你就像飞蛾扑火,等不及了.但是听着 |
[59:40] | # Cause I know what I’m saying… # | # 因为我知道我在说什么… # |
[1:01:20] | Joel, stop! | Joel,别走! |
[1:01:22] | Wait! | 等等! |
[1:01:24] | – Could you put some clothes on? – What are you doing here? | – 你能把衣服穿好吗? – 你在这里做什么? |
[1:01:27] | I came to congratulate you on getting into the school, | 我是来为你入学道贺的, |
[1:01:30] | only they’ve never heard of a Lauryn Kirk. | 只是他们从来没听说过一个叫Lauryn Kirk的. |
[1:01:32] | You call this chasing your dreams? | 你管这叫做追逐你的梦想吗? |
[1:01:34] | Is this all the hard work you’ve been doing? | 这就是所有的你一直在做的努力工作吗? |
[1:01:38] | I didn’t get in. I didn’t know how to tell you. | 我是没进去.我不知道该怎么告诉你的. |
[1:01:42] | But if you’d stuck around, you’d see how difficult the routines are. | 但如果你呆在附近,你会看到这工作有多困难. |
[1:01:45] | – I saw enough. – Why don’t you listen for a change? | – 我看够了. – 为了改变你的看法,为什么不能听我说呢? |
[1:01:48] | I’m on the verge of losing the shop, and I drove six hours for this. | 我正处在失去店辅的边缘,为这事我开了6个小时的车来这里. |
[1:01:51] | – What do you mean? – I have to sell or the bank’ll foreclose. | -你是什么意思? – 我不得不卖了它或者银行会来把它拍卖. |
[1:01:55] | – I can’t make the payments. – What? | – 我不能偿还贷款.-什么? |
[1:01:56] | – Equipment, leases, everything. – Why didn’t you tell me? | – 设备,租金,所有的一切.-你为什么不告诉我呢? |
[1:01:59] | Why would you care? | 为什么,你会在意吗? |
[1:02:01] | You’re a big city girl now, you’re a dancer. | 你现在是个大城市女孩,你是个舞蹈家. |
[1:02:05] | Why have you always had a problem with me dancing? | 为什么你总是反对我跳舞? |
[1:02:07] | You think the world revolves around you, you always have! | 你以为世界都围着你转,你总是这样认为! |
[1:02:10] | How dare you? I put my life on hold for three years, Joel! | 你怎么可以这样说?我让我的生命等待了3年,Joel! |
[1:02:14] | And you put Dad on hold that night! You should’ve been there, Lauryn! | 那天晚上你让爸爸等了一个晚上!你应该在那的,Lauryn! |
[1:02:27] | Hey, you OK? | 嘿,你还好吗? |
[1:02:37] | Maybe he was upset because you were so bad. | 也许他不高兴,是因为你太坏了. |
[1:02:40] | Ease off, Carmen. She was killing it. | 放松,Carmen.她会受不了的. |
[1:02:43] | He drives hours to get here, then has her embarrass the family name. | 他开了几小时的车到这里,而她让她家人蒙羞. |
[1:02:46] | – Hey, hey, stop, stop. – I’m sick of your shit. | -嘿,嘿,停下来,别说了.-我已经受够你了. |
[1:02:49] | Enough! | 够了! |
[1:02:52] | You happy, Carmen? | 你高兴了吗,Carmen? |
[1:02:56] | God, girl. | 天啊,女孩. |
[1:03:03] | Lauryn! Lauryn, wait! She’s just trying to get in your head. | Lauryn!Lauryn,等等!她只是想气你. |
[1:03:08] | She can get in line cos there’s enough going on in there already. | 她能有表现是因为那里已经有不错的节目. |
[1:03:10] | Hey, come on. | 嘿,来吧. |
[1:03:13] | I know that this was a lot, but he knows now. | 我知道这是很多事,但现在他全知道了. |
[1:03:17] | – You don’t have to lie any more. – What if he’s right? | – 你再也不用说谎了. – 如果他是对的呢? |
[1:03:20] | All my life my family gave up so much for me. | 所有我的生活,我的家人为我放弃了那么多. |
[1:03:24] | What if I’m selfish? | 如果我很自私? |
[1:03:26] | What are you going to do, you just going to quit dancing? | 你打算做什么,你就打算放弃跳舞吗? |
[1:03:30] | – Gonna quit living your life? – Joel’s the only family I have. | – 将要放弃你的生活吗? – Joel是我唯一的家人. |
[1:03:34] | I shouldn’t be here chasing some stupid dream. | 我不该到这来追逐这些愚蠢的梦想. |
[1:03:36] | I should be home helping him. | 我应该在家帮他. |
[1:03:41] | – I’m sorry, I have to go. – Who do you think you’re fooling? | – 对不起,我得走了. -你以为你在骗谁? |
[1:03:45] | I know you’re going home because you’re scared of that audition. | 我知道你想要回家是因为你害怕那次试镜. |
[1:03:49] | What? | 什么? |
[1:03:51] | If this was about your brother, you’d have told him before tonight. | 如果是因为你哥哥,你会在今晚之前就告诉他的. |
[1:03:54] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[1:03:56] | I know that you’re running because you’re scared and that’s it. | 我知道你逃避是因为你害怕了,就是这样. |
[1:03:59] | I’m sorry if it shocks you that I’d help my family out in a time of crisis, | 我要帮我的家人渡过危机时刻,我很抱歉,这是不是吓着你了. |
[1:04:03] | but that’s how we do things where I come from. | 但这是我们那的人做事的方法. |
[1:04:06] | Lauryn, come on. Lauryn, you’re making a big mistake. | Lauryn,来吧.Lauryn,你在犯一个大错误. |
[1:04:16] | Lauryn! | Lauryn! |
[1:04:41] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[1:04:45] | I found two new wholesalers we can use. | 我找到了两个我们可以利用的新的批发商. |
[1:04:47] | – That should catch us up half-way. – Wait, just slow down for a second. | – 这可以解决我们的二分之一以上. – 等等,慢点一下. |
[1:04:53] | – Are you back here to work? – I’m not gonna let you sell. | – 你是回来这里工作的吗? – 我不会让你把它卖了. |
[1:04:56] | We can catch up. | 我们能渡过的. |
[1:04:59] | Look, I… said some things I didn’t mean. | 听着,我……我不是有意说那些话的. |
[1:05:03] | I know. | 我知道. |
[1:05:05] | I’m sorry. OK? | 对不起.好吗? |
[1:05:09] | Can I just get back to this? I was almost done with last month’s reviews. | 我能重做这个吗?上个月的复查我差不多做完了. |
[1:05:13] | Yeah. | 好的. |
[1:05:15] | Look, are you sure about this, Lauryn? Being back? | 听着,你确定吗,Lauryn? 回来吗? |
[1:05:20] | It was Dad’s shop. | 这是父亲的店辅. |
[1:05:23] | You know what it meant to him. | 你知道这对他的意义. |
[1:05:28] | Hey… | 嘿… |
[1:05:31] | …you remember that time | …你还记得那时候 |
[1:05:33] | that you got the bicycle on your eighth birthday? | 你八岁生日时你得到了一辆自行车吗? |
[1:05:36] | Yeah, I drove it in the shop, crashed into the Buick and chipped my tooth. | 是的,我在店里骑着它,撞到别克车,并且撞掉了我的牙齿. |
[1:05:40] | Yeah! | 耶! |
[1:05:47] | I can dance another time, Joel. | 我以后还可以跳舞,Joel. |
[1:05:51] | I’m here now. | 我现在就呆在这儿. |
[1:06:38] | Hey, it’s me. Er… I was just calling to say hi. | 嘿,是我.嗯…我打电话来只是想向你问声好. |
[1:06:43] | ‘And… er… I’m not burning the chicken any more, so… ‘ | 并且…嗯…我不会再把鸡肉烧焦了,所以… ‘ |
[1:06:51] | I hope you come back soon. | 我希望你早点回来. |
[1:06:54] | ‘Bye.’ | 再见.’ |
[1:07:20] | Hey, stranger. | 嘿,陌生人. |
[1:07:21] | I hear the last school audition is this weekend. | 我听说上次学校的试演是在这个周末. |
[1:07:25] | I know. | 我知道了. |
[1:07:27] | You’re going to be there, right? | 你会去那里,对吗? |
[1:07:30] | You know, I’m just… I’m really… buried in paperwork here and… | 你知道,我只是…我真的…被埋在这些的文件堆里了… |
[1:07:34] | ‘Come on, Lauryn. Have you talked to Russ? ‘ | 拜托,Lauryn.你和Russ谈过了吗? ‘ |
[1:07:39] | No. He called, but… | 不.他打了电话给我,但是… |
[1:07:41] | ‘You should, you know.’ | 你应该,你知道的. |
[1:07:47] | Look, I’ll talk to you later, OK? | 听着,我以后再跟你聊,好吗? |
[1:07:49] | Yeah. | 好的. |
[1:07:52] | Bye. | 再见. |
[1:08:09] | Oh, hey, I love this song. Come on. Come on. | 哦,嘿,我喜欢这首歌.来吧.来吧. |
[1:08:14] | I need an alternator permit. | 我需要一个交流发电机的许可证. |
[1:08:18] | For old time’s sake. | 看在过去的情份上. |
[1:08:22] | Wednesday? | 星期三? |
[1:08:24] | #… we know how to become number one in a hot party show | #…我们知道怎样在一个火辣的派对表演上成为第一 |
[1:08:28] | – # Now push it – # Ah, push it | -# 现在动起来, – #哈,动起来 |
[1:08:32] | – # Push it good – # Ah, push it | -# 好好动起来 – #哈,动起来 |
[1:08:35] | – # Push it real good – # Ah, push it… # | -# 动起来真好 – #哈,动起来… # |
[1:09:15] | – Oh, hey, I thought you left already. – Just finishing up. | – 哦,嘿,我以为你已经走了.-刚做完了. |
[1:09:19] | Yeah, it’s never done, is it? | 是的,它永远不会结束,是吗? |
[1:09:32] | After Mum and Dad, | 在妈妈和爸爸过世后, |
[1:09:34] | you never quit… | 你从没有放弃… |
[1:09:37] | …never threw in the towel. | …从不认输. |
[1:09:42] | I guess. | 我想是吧. |
[1:09:44] | You’re the most unselfish person I know. And you know what? | 你是我知道的最无私的人.你知道吗? |
[1:09:48] | You have always been one hell of a dancer. | 你一直都是一个舞蹈家. |
[1:09:53] | Don’t know how it happened. Certainly wasn’t cos I encouraged you. | 不知道这是怎么回事.当然不是因为我鼓励你的. |
[1:09:59] | Speaking of which, you’re fired. | 说到这,你被解雇了. |
[1:10:02] | What? Joel, without me you’ll lose Dad’s shop. | 什么?Joel,没有我(的帮助),你会失去爸爸的店辅的. |
[1:10:05] | It’s not Dad’s shop any more, it’s mine. | 这不再是爸爸的店辅了,这是我的. |
[1:10:08] | And I have to take care of it, not you. | 我必须去照顾它,而不是你. |
[1:10:11] | Lauryn, I’m not going to let you sell out your dreams to live mine. | Lauryn,我不会让你出卖你的梦想,来到过我的生活. |
[1:10:15] | So you need to get in your car, | 所以你要上你的车去, |
[1:10:17] | drive back to Chicago and kick that audition’s ass. | 开车回芝加哥,去参加那小小的试演吧 |
[1:10:22] | All right? | 好吗? |
[1:10:41] | Get out of here. | 去吧. |
[1:11:00] | Lauryn! | Lauryn! |
[1:11:03] | – What are you doing here? – Where else would I be? | – 你在这里做什么? – 我还能去哪? |
[1:11:05] | Here, I made you a track. | 这里,我给你录了音乐. |
[1:11:09] | What are you waiting for? Go do your thing. | 你还在等什么?去做你该做的事吧. |
[1:11:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你. |
[1:11:36] | – Excuse me, this is a closed session. – Yes, I’m here to audition. | – 打扰一下,这是一个不对外的会议. – 是的,我是来面试的. |
[1:11:40] | – Miss? – Kirk. Lauryn Kirk. | – 小姐? – Kirk.Lauryn Kirk. |
[1:11:42] | Right. We held a set of auditions this morning for those re-applying. | 好的.我们今早给那些申请者都做了试镜. |
[1:11:47] | We’re only seeing first-time applicants this afternoon. | 我们下午只见第一次申请的人. |
[1:11:50] | But I just drove 300 miles. | 但我开车走了300英里. |
[1:11:53] | And my staff will do their best to reschedule you for next year. | 我的手下会尽力去重新安排你明年参加的. |
[1:11:56] | No, thank you. I’m here now. | 不,,谢谢你.我就现在吧. |
[1:11:59] | Well… I trust you’ve brought something more interesting than last time. | 好的…我相信你已经带来比上次更有趣的东西了. |
[1:12:04] | Is that correct? | 对吗? |
[1:12:07] | I’ll let you decide. | 我会让你作出决定的. |
[1:14:21] | Woo! | 喔! |
[1:14:23] | That’s how you do it! | 你怎样做到的! |
[1:14:27] | Thank you, Miss Kirk. | 谢谢你,Kirk小姐. |
[1:14:29] | I’m afraid you’re right, some things should not be rescheduled. | 我恐怕你是对的,有些事情不应该重新安排. |
[1:14:33] | See you next semester. | 下学期见. |
[1:14:35] | – Thank you. – My girl! Right here! | – 谢谢你. – 我的女孩!这里呀! |
[1:14:41] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你. |
[1:14:59] | Hi. | 嗨. |
[1:15:02] | She’s not in the best mood. | 她现在心情不好. |
[1:15:07] | Only employees are allowed in before we’re open. | 在我们开放之前只有员工可以进去. |
[1:15:11] | I… er… | 我……..嗯… |
[1:15:13] | – I just came by to get my cheque. – Your cheque? | – 我只是来拿我的支票. – 你的支票吗? |
[1:15:17] | After the jam you left us in when you took off like that, | 当你就那样离开的时候,把我们扔在困境中之后, |
[1:15:20] | you think I owe you a cheque? | 你觉得我欠你一张支票吗? |
[1:15:22] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉. |
[1:15:24] | OK, I promise it had nothing to do with Ruby’s. I love this place. | 好吧,我保证这跟Ruby之家无关,我爱这个地方. |
[1:15:27] | Surprise! | 惊喜! |
[1:15:32] | – Got you. – What? | – 唬到你了.-什么? |
[1:15:38] | Hey, congratulations. | 嘿,恭喜你. |
[1:15:42] | Hey, Lauryn, look… I’m sorry about all the BS, OK? | 嘿,Lauryn,听着…我为所有对你的鄙视行为感到抱歉? |
[1:15:45] | I was just giving you a taste of what I got when I started. | 我只是让你体会我刚开始做时的经历. |
[1:15:49] | I’m just glad you’re getting out of here so I can get my stage back. | 我很高兴你要离开这了,这样我就可以把我的舞台夺回来了. |
[1:15:53] | – Congratulations, sis. – I’m glad you came. | – 恭喜你,妹妹. – 你来了我很高兴. |
[1:15:56] | – I’m proud of you. – Can I have a turn? | – 我为你骄傲. – 轮到我了吗? |
[1:15:58] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 嗨. -嗨. |
[1:16:01] | – You’ll be sorely missed around here. – I’m only a couple of blocks away. | – 你会非常想念这里. – 我离这只有几个街区. |
[1:16:05] | Good cos I don’t need any distractions when I’m making my album. | 很好,因为当我在做我的专辑,我不要有任何干扰. |
[1:16:09] | – It’s about time. – I know. Cheers. | – 那只是迟早的事! – 我知道了.干杯. |
[1:16:12] | What’s everybody standing around for? Is this a dance club or what? | 大家都站在这里干嘛呢?这是个舞蹈俱乐部还是别的什么呀? |