英文名称:Out of Africa
年代:1985
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | He even took the gramophone on safari. | 他连狩猎旅行都带着留声机 |
[00:54] | Three rifles, supplies for a month… | 三把步枪 一个月的补给… |
[00:59] | and Mozart. | 及莫札特 |
[01:03] | He began our friendship with a gift. | 他的一件礼物 开始了我们的友谊 |
[01:08] | And later, not long before Tsavo… | 然后在到查佛前不久… |
[01:13] | he gave me another. An incredible gift. | 他又送我一件不可思议的礼物 |
[01:18] | A glimpse of the world through God’s eye… | 从上帝的眼光来看这世界… |
[01:22] | and I thought.: | 我想… |
[01:25] | “Yes, I see. | 我明白了 |
[01:28] | “This is the way it was intended.” | “这是命中注定如此的” |
[01:35] | I’ve written about all the others, not because I loved them less… | 我已经写了所有其他的人 并非我不够爱他们… |
[01:39] | but because they were clearer, easier. | 而是他们较清楚 较容易写 |
[01:45] | He was waiting for me there. | 他在那儿等着我 |
[01:51] | But I’ve gone ahead of my story. He’d have hated that. | 我的故事已经说过头了 他会讨厌那样的 |
[01:56] | Denys loved to hear a story told well. | 丹尼斯喜欢听故事好好的讲 |
[02:01] | You see… | 我说啊… |
[02:03] | I had a farm in Africa at the foot of the Ngong Hills. | 在非洲的能岗岭山脚下我曾有座农场 |
[02:09] | But it began before that. | 故事是在此之前就开始的 |
[02:12] | It really began in Denmark. | 它真正开始于丹麦 |
[02:21] | And there I knew two brothers. | 在那儿我认识两兄弟 |
[02:24] | One was my lover, and one was my friend. | 一位是我的情人 另一位是我的朋友 |
[02:28] | It’s too cold for champagne. | 现在喝香槟太冷了吧 |
[02:29] | It’s too cold for anything but. | 喝别的饮料才太冷了呢 |
[02:37] | You said you’d be at Klampenborg. | 你说你会到克兰朋堡 |
[02:39] | I thought I’d come, but then I didn’t. | 我原想去的 但我没去 |
[02:44] | Was it fun? | 好玩吗? |
[02:50] | Tanne. | 坦妮 |
[02:52] | Tanne, come on. | 别这样 |
[02:55] | It’s not as though you loved him. | 你看起来并不爱他 |
[02:57] | You’d like to be a baroness, that’s all. | 你只是想当个男爵夫人罢了 |
[03:00] | – He lied to me. – Of course. | -他对我撒谎 -当然 |
[03:02] | Would you be in bed with him otherwise? | 要不你会跟他上床? |
[03:04] | My brother’s only dull, but not stupid. | 我弟弟是有点钝 但并不笨 |
[03:11] | Pretend it’s Hans. | 当它是汉斯吧 |
[03:16] | – Where would you go? – Anywhere. | -你会去哪儿? -随便 |
[03:18] | America. Ceylon. I would even go to Australia. | 美国 锡兰 我甚至会去澳大利亚 |
[03:24] | Perhaps not Australia. But I’ve got to be away from here. | 可能不会去奥洲 但我得离开这儿 |
[03:28] | I’ll give you all I’ve got. That should get you into town. | 我将所有的都给你 那应该够你进城了 |
[03:32] | God, it was fun. Money. | 老天啊 钱 真好 |
[03:35] | You could marry me. | 你可以娶我 |
[03:37] | I have to marry a virgin. I can’t stand criticism. | 我得娶个处女 我不能忍受批评 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1229个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:187个,六级词汇:61个,GRE词汇:85个,托福词汇:118个,考研词汇:199个,专四词汇:144个,专八词汇:20个, 所有生词标注共:331个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:41] | For the money, I mean. | 我是说 看在钱的份上 |
[03:46] | Probably. | 说不定 |
[03:47] | Listen to me. I’ve got no life at all. | 听我说 反正我的生命也没意义 |
[03:50] | They wouldn’t teach me anything useful, | 他们不会教我有用的东西 |
[03:52] | and now I’ve failed to marry. | 而且我还嫁不出去 |
[03:55] | You know the punishment for that. “Miss Dinesen’s at home.” | 你知道这惩罚就是”在丹森家当老姑婆” |
[03:59] | And you’ve gone through all your money. | 况且你已花光了你的家产 |
[04:01] | You’re off seducing the servant girls. | 你都在引诱女佣了 |
[04:03] | We’re a pair, you and I. | 我们是天作之合 |
[04:06] | I mean, at least we’re friends. | 我是说至少我们是朋友 |
[04:08] | We might be all right… | 说不定可以白头偕老… |
[04:09] | and if we weren’t, at least we’d have been somewhere. | 要不然 至少我们也经历过了 |
[04:14] | You don’t think you’re being too romantic? | 你不觉得有点太浪漫了吗? |
[04:24] | Am I supposed to think you’re serious? | 我该认为你是当真的? |
[04:30] | I had a farm in Africa. | 我曾在非洲有座农场 |
[04:36] | I had a farm in Africa at the foot of the Ngong Hills. | 在非洲的能岗岭山脚下 我曾经有座农场 |
[04:44] | I had a farm in Africa… | 我在非洲曾经有座农场… |
[05:40] | 特别演出 克劳斯·马利亚·布朗道尔 | |
[06:08] | 执行制片人 金·约根森 | |
[06:14] | 助理制片人 朱迪·思瑟曼 安娜·凯特迪 | |
[06:21] | 服装设计 米利纳·卡诺内罗 | |
[06:28] | 原创音乐 音乐创作和演奏指挥 约翰·巴里 | |
[06:45] | 摄影指导 米利纳·卡诺内罗 | |
[06:53] | 总美工设计师 斯蒂芬·格莱姆斯 | |
[07:01] | 助理制片人 特伦斯·克莱格 | |
[07:11] | 艾莎克·丹森的 《走出非洲》和其它作品 | |
[07:11] | 朱迪斯·瑟曼的 《艾莎克·丹森: 一个讲故事人的生活》 | |
[07:11] | 埃若·卓兹宾斯基 《沉默会说话》 | |
[07:18] | 编剧 库尔特·卢德克 | |
[07:26] | 监制和导演 西德尼·波拉克 | |
[07:40] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[07:42] | Have you had trouble? | 你遇到了麻烦吗? |
[07:43] | Now and then. Have you? | 偶尔 你呢? |
[07:45] | I’m traveling to Nairobi. | 我要去奈洛比 |
[07:47] | You caught the right train then. | 那你就搭对车了 |
[07:52] | Get away from there! | 离开那儿 |
[07:56] | That’s all my crystal, my Limoges. | 那都是我的水晶及瓷器 |
[08:00] | They didn’t know it was Limoges. | 他们不晓得是瓷器 |
[08:05] | You plan to stay then? | 你准备住下来罗? |
[08:07] | I’ve come out to marry Baron Blixen. Do you know him? | 我是来跟伯利森男爵结婚的 你认识他吗? |
[08:11] | Bror? Yes. | 伯若? |
[08:12] | We plan to start a dairy. | 我们要开座牧场 |
[08:15] | Are you quite famous? They stopped the train for you. | 你是名人吗? 火车都为你停下来 |
[08:19] | It’s rude not to here. | 在这里不停是不礼貌的 |
[08:21] | A dairy? Isn’t it a bit soon for that? Milk at the door? | 这里开牧场? 还不是时候吧? 牛奶送到家门口? |
[08:28] | – Aren’t you boarding? – I’m going on. | -你不上车吗? -我继续赶路 |
[08:30] | On? To where? | 赶路? 上哪? |
[08:32] | Mention the ivory to Berkeley Cole. Bror knows him. | 把象牙的事通知伯克莱柯尔 伯若认识他 |
[08:36] | – I’m Baroness Blixen! – Not yet. | -我是伯利森男爵夫人 -还没呢 |
[08:40] | Finch Hatton, Denys! | 芬齐哈顿 丹尼斯 |
[08:49] | I am Farah Aden. We can go now. | 我叫法拉亚登 我们可以上路了 |
[08:52] | – Where is Baron Blixen? – He is at Muthaiga. Please come. | -伯利森男爵呢? -他在慕迪加 请跟我来 |
[09:06] | Where is Muthaiga? | 慕迪加在哪? |
[09:08] | Muthaiga is a club where British go for drinking. Please. | 慕迪加是个供英国人喝酒的俱乐部 |
[09:20] | Listen, on the train are my crates with china and crystal. | 火车上有我一箱箱的瓷器与水晶 |
[09:25] | – Do you know china? – Yes. China, it can break. | -你晓得瓷器吗? -晓得 瓷器 易碎 |
[10:15] | Stay. | 别动 |
[10:30] | Excuse me, I’m looking for Baron Blixen. | 我找伯利森男爵 |
[10:33] | Rajiv. | 拉吉夫 |
[10:42] | – I wondered if you might tell me… – Memsahibs must not be here. | -你能否告诉我在哪… -女人不能进来这里的 |
[10:47] | – I’m simply looking for someone… – Memsahibs must not be here. | -我只是想找… -女人不能进来这里的 |
[10:59] | Tanne. | 坦妮 |
[11:00] | – Where have you been? – Where have you been? | -你到哪去了? -你去哪了呢? |
[11:02] | Arranging things. | 安排事宜 |
[11:04] | How was the trip? You can tell me later. | 一路还好吗? 你可以待会再告诉我 |
[11:07] | Would you like to change? | 你要换衣服吗? |
[11:09] | – My luggage is still on the train. – Room “D.” Head of the stairs. | -我的行李还在火车上 -在楼梯顶端的”D”室 |
[11:12] | I haven’t gotten a ring. Do you care? | 我还没买戒指 你介意吗? |
[11:15] | Did you think I wouldn’t come? | 你以为我不会来? |
[11:16] | I thought you wouldn’t want to spend the money. | 我以为你不想花这个钱 |
[11:19] | You will love it here. The servants are great. | 你会喜欢这里的 这些佣人都很好 |
[11:21] | Shall we get a drink? | 喝什么? |
[11:22] | We’ve got almost one hour before the wedding. | 婚礼在一个小时就要开始了 |
[11:24] | One hour? | 一个小时? |
[11:37] | Is this all right? | 这还可以吗? |
[11:38] | I wondered what color you’d choose. | 我正在想你会挑什么颜色 |
[11:40] | It’s ivory. | 象牙色 |
[11:42] | – Oh, my god, I’ve got this man’s ivory. – Whose ivory? | -天啊 我还有那人的象牙 -谁的象牙? |
[12:04] | I’m Sarah, Lady Belfield. Shall I stand up for you? | 我是莎拉 伯非女士 我能当你们的福证吗? |
[12:08] | Short or long, Blix? | 伯利森 长的还是短的仪式? |
[12:09] | Long, please. Give me time to adjust to it. | 长的 我才有时间来调适 |
[12:14] | Settle down, all. | 大家注意 |
[12:16] | By the authority of His Majesty’s Government vested in me… | 借由皇上所赋予我的权力… |
[12:19] | I declare that the Baron Bror Von Blixen, citizen of Sweden and… | 我宣布瑞典公民 伯若伯利森男爵及… |
[12:25] | What’s your name, my dear? | 亲爱的 你的名字是? |
[12:27] | Damn it, Henry, I told you her name. | 真是的 亨利 我告诉过你她的名字 |
[12:29] | Karen Christentze Dinesen. | 凯伦·丹森 |
[12:31] | Karen Christentze Dinesen, a female subject of the King of Denmark… | 凯伦·丹森 一位丹麦国王的女性子民 |
[12:35] | are henceforth united man and wife. | 在此结为连理 |
[12:39] | God save this company, God save the King. | 天佑这对新人 天佑我皇 |
[12:42] | God save the King! | 天佑我皇 |
[12:47] | Thank you for this. | 谢谢你 |
[12:51] | “Did you hear about Shuttleworth?” “No,” I said. | “你听过老沙头的故事吗?” 我说 “没有” |
[12:53] | “He’s living up country,” he says, “in a tree with a baboon.” | “他说 他在野外树上 与一只狒狒同住” |
[12:57] | “Male or female?” I said to him. “Female, of course,” he says. | 我问 “公的还是母的?” 他说 “当然是母的” |
[13:01] | There’s nothing queer about old Shuttleworth. | 老沙头一点也不假惺惺的 |
[13:05] | Where’s your muddleheaded husband? | 你那呆丈夫呢? |
[13:07] | The Governor’s at the punch bowl, thank you, hoping to avoid you. | 谢谢你 总督在拿饮料 要避着你 |
[13:11] | Would you like to meet the bride? Or did you come just for the whiskey? | 你要见新娘吗? 还是只为喝酒而来? |
[13:15] | Not for the company, God knows. | 天知道 绝非为交际而来的 |
[13:18] | Lord Delamere, may I present Baroness Blixen. | 德拉米阁下 容我引见伯利森男爵夫人 |
[13:21] | Baroness Blixen, Lord Delamere, such as he is. | 伯利森男爵夫人 德拉米阁下 就是他 |
[13:27] | – Baroness. A Swede, are you? – No, Danish, actually. | -你是瑞典人吧? -丹麦人 |
[13:31] | The little country next to Germany. | 在德国边的小国 |
[13:34] | If it comes to war, where will Denmark stand? | 如果战争爆发 丹麦会站哪边? |
[13:39] | On its own, I hope. We do have that history. | 我希望 是自己的一边 我们有这样的历史 |
[13:44] | Is there something we can call you that gets round this Baroness? | 我们能不称呼你”男爵夫人” 而叫你什么吗? |
[13:47] | – What do they call you? – D, if I’m lucky. | -他们怎么称呼你? -能叫”D”就不错了 |
[14:03] | My stupid name’s Felicity, but I do like your dress. | 我的贱名叫菲莉熙 我喜欢你的衣服 |
[14:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:08] | – It’s not much of a hat. – It’s meant to be stunning. | -那帽子不太管用 -这是好看而已 |
[14:14] | – We die of sunstroke here. – At least I’m safe from the mosquitoes. | -这里有人中暑丧命的 -至少这可以防蚊子 |
[14:19] | The big ones. | 大蚊子 |
[14:24] | – You nervous? – Should I be? | -你紧张吗? -必要吗? |
[14:29] | You know, wedding night and all that. | 我是说洞房花烛夜等等 |
[14:48] | So they’re both of them naked and not a shrub in sight. | 他们俩在毫无遮掩下赤身露体 |
[14:53] | Have you met Vicky Gresham? | 你见过薇姬葛珊吗? |
[14:55] | Hello, Baroness, I’d curtsy but I’m drunk. | 幸会 但我有点醉了 |
[15:00] | – May I see you, please? – Excuse me. | -我能单独见你吗? -失陪 |
[15:05] | If you want any friends, Tanne, I’d make them here. There is no one else. | 你要交朋友的话 就只有在这里了 没其他人了 |
[15:09] | I want to see my house. | 我要看我的房子 |
[15:13] | You may want to change. It’s a two-hour ride. | 你可能要换衣服 两个小时的车程 |
[15:28] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:42] | My God, these people drink. | 这些人真会喝酒 |
[15:45] | I’m sorry, I was just… | 对不起 我只是… |
[15:49] | – It’s all right. – I’m afraid you’ve caught me snooping. | -没关系 -我想你逮到我在窥伺 |
[15:52] | It’s not my room, it’s Denys’, and Denys won’t mind. | 这是丹尼斯的房间 他不会介意的 |
[15:55] | It’s a thing about Denys, he doesn’t mind. | 丹尼斯就这么好 他不介意 |
[15:58] | Are you Cole? | 你就是柯尔? |
[16:01] | – I brought the ivory with me on the train. – Well, thank you. | -是我将火车上的象牙带过来的 -谢谢你 |
[16:08] | – Are you taking your quinine? – Oh, yes. | -你服用奎宁了? -当然 |
[16:12] | He has got lovely books. Does he lend them? | 他有好多好书 他出借吗? |
[16:16] | We had a friend, Hopworth. | 我们有个朋友 叫哈沃 |
[16:20] | He got a book and didn’t return it. Denys was furious. | 他借了本书没还 丹尼斯很火 |
[16:23] | I said, “Denys, you wouldn’t lose a friend over a book, would you?” | 我说 “丹尼斯你不会为了本书 而失去个朋友?” |
[16:27] | And he said, “No! | 他说 不会 |
[16:29] | “But he has, hasn’t he?” | “但他不已失去了吗?” |
[16:35] | Did you come out through London? From Rome actually. | -你经由伦敦来的吗? -从罗马来的 |
[16:39] | I thought you might have a newspaper. | 我想你可能有份报纸 |
[16:41] | No, sorry. | 抱歉 没有 |
[16:44] | Nothing in them anyway. | 反正也没啥内容 |
[16:48] | I had a friend who I used to take to the dances at Oxford. | 在牛津 我有个常带去舞会的朋友 |
[16:52] | They were in June by the river. | 六月在河滨的舞会 |
[16:54] | She always wore a new silk dress. | 她总穿着新的丝洋装 |
[16:58] | I think you’re wearing her perfume. | 我想你擦跟她一样的香水 |
[17:09] | No, it’s very nice, but it’s not the same. | 很香 但不一样 |
[17:16] | We can go now. | 我们可以走了 |
[18:16] | This is Belknap. He runs the farm. | 这是伯纳 农场的总管 |
[18:20] | Good evening, ma’am. | 你好 |
[18:28] | This is your cook. Name is Esa. | 这是你的厨子 叫伊萨 |
[18:31] | Esa. | 伊萨 |
[18:37] | And this is Juma. Houseboy. | 这是朱玛 男佣 |
[18:42] | Juma. | 朱玛 |
[18:46] | Come, see your house. | 来看你的房子 |
[18:50] | When you leave me, I’m going to marry Berkeley Cole. | 如果你离开我 我将嫁给伯克莱 |
[18:53] | A man in trade. | 做生意的人 |
[18:55] | Is that what he does? | 那是他的职业吗? |
[18:57] | He is thick with the Somalis. There’s a crowd of them up on his land… | 他与索马利人很好 他们很多人在他那 |
[19:00] | who think he’s some sort of prince. He sells Finch Hatton’s ivory. | 认为他是什么王子之类的 他卖丹尼斯的象牙 |
[19:05] | Belknap is a cheery sort. | 伯纳是个乐天派的 |
[19:08] | Had a place of his own. Went belly up trying to grow flax. | 有过自己的农场 因种植亚麻而破产 |
[19:14] | Does he know cattle? | 他懂养牛吗? |
[19:16] | I didn’t buy cattle. We’re going to grow coffee instead. | 我没有买牛 我们改来种咖啡 |
[19:28] | That’s not what we planned. | 那不是我们计划的 |
[19:31] | You were in Denmark, I had to decide. | 你人在丹麦 而我必须决定 |
[19:34] | We made a decision. | 我们已经决定好了的 |
[19:37] | We don’t know a thing about coffee. You plant it, it grows. | -我们对咖啡一点都不懂 -你种它 它就长了 |
[19:40] | My mother put her money up to do a dairy. | 我妈投资她的钱来开牧场的 |
[19:42] | She doesn’t care whether it’s cows or coffee as long as it pays. | 她不会在乎牛或咖啡 只要能赚钱就好了 |
[19:46] | You must be with a herd or things go wrong. | 你非得有一群牛才可以 |
[19:48] | I didn’t come to Africa to sit with silly cows. | 我来非洲可不是要跟一群笨牛混 |
[19:52] | Just tell her we changed our minds. | 告诉她我们改变主意 |
[19:54] | Next time you change your mind, you do it with your money. | 下次你改变主意 用你自己的钱 |
[20:01] | They bought you a title. They didn’t buy me. | 钱给你买了个头衔 可没买下我 |
[20:06] | Juma. | 朱玛 |
[20:08] | Fetch some wine for my lover’s brother. | 来点酒 敬我情人的哥哥 |
[20:17] | I think you’re tired. | 我想你累了 |
[20:25] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[20:32] | Did I tell you Hans came to say goodbye? | 我有告诉你汉斯来道别了吗? |
[20:55] | Where is Baron Blixen? He’s gone to hunt. | -伯利森男爵呢? -他打猎去了 |
[20:59] | – Did he say when he would be back? – He says he can come before the rain. | -他有交代何时回来吗? -他说下雨前会回来 |
[21:05] | Is it going to rain today? | 今天会下雨吗? |
[21:08] | It can be many days before the rains. | 可能很多天都不会下雨 |
[21:44] | In Ohio we put up scarecrows to keep the birds away. | 在俄亥俄州我们用稻草人来赶走鸟 |
[21:47] | Here you hope there’re enough leopards to keep down the baboons. | 这里你希望豹能控制狒狒的数量 |
[21:50] | ‘Course they’ll take your dog, too. That’s Africa. | 当然它们也会吃掉你的狗 这就是非洲 |
[21:52] | How much will we plant? 1,000 acres, the Baron says. | -我们要种多少? -男爵说400公顷 |
[21:55] | How long will that take? | 得种多久呢? |
[21:57] | That depends on Kinanjui. He’s the chief of the Kikuyu. | 那得看克南吉 他是克库由族的酋长 |
[22:01] | Got a deal with him to get help. When will be our first harvest? | -得与他商量找人手帮忙 -我们何时可以收成? |
[22:06] | These are seedlings. It’ll be three, maybe four years. | 这些是树苗? 要三到四年 |
[22:10] | Four years! | 四年 |
[22:12] | If they bear at all. No one’s ever tried coffee this high. | 还要它们会结果 没有人在这么高的地种过咖啡 |
[22:16] | And what are we going to live on for four years? | 那我们这四年要靠啥过活? |
[22:20] | I’m working to get home. Now, if you haven’t got it… | 我做工赚钱要回家 如果你没有足够的资金 |
[22:23] | it’d be good if you could tell me right now. | 你最好现在就告诉我 |
[22:28] | We will plant 500. | 我们就种200公顷 |
[22:32] | Chief Kinanjui, I have heard that you are a wise chief… | 我久闻您是位明智的酋长… |
[22:37] | Not now, please. And I look forward to our dealings. | 请别打岔 我敬祈我们的合作关系 |
[22:42] | Your Kikuyu are good workers. | 您的克库由人都是好工人 |
[22:44] | I look forward to dealing with them honestly, and fairly. | 我期盼诚信公平的对待他们 |
[22:49] | This chief has no British. | 酋长不懂英文 |
[22:55] | – Tell him that I am Baroness Blixen. – This chief knows that. | -告诉他我是伯利森男爵夫人 -这点酋长晓得 |
[23:02] | Tell him what I said. | 告诉他我刚说的 |
[23:37] | – What did he say? – He says these Kikuyu can do this work. | -他怎么说? -他说克库由人可以做这工作 |
[23:46] | Farah, what else did he… | 他还说什… |
[24:09] | Your leg is very sick. | 你的腿伤很严重 |
[24:14] | You must come to the house for medicine. | 你得到我房子来擦药 |
[24:19] | – Does he understand me? – Yes. | -他听懂吗? -是的 |
[24:25] | If you don’t come, the other boys will say you are afraid. | 如果你不来 其他孩子会说你没胆量 |
[24:33] | I myself will think only that you are foolish. | 而我只会认为你愚蠢 |
[24:37] | This boy must come to my house for treatment. See that he does. | 这孩子必须到我房子来接受治疗 你们确定他来 |
[24:45] | What else did Kinanjui say? | 克南吉还说了些什么? |
[24:48] | He says coffee must not grow this high. | 他说咖啡不应种在这高度 |
[24:52] | Never mind. He’s a chief, but he’s a Kikuyu. | 别在意 他虽是酋长 但他也是克库由人 |
[25:28] | If you put a dam here to stop the water then I can make a pond here. | 如你在此筑个坝挡住水 那我就能做个池塘 |
[25:34] | Do you know how to make a pond? | 你知道怎么做个池塘吗? |
[25:35] | – This water must go home to Mombasa. – It can go home after we make a pond. | -这水得回蒙巴萨的老家 -在我们做个池塘后它就能回家了 |
[25:41] | This water lives at Mombasa. | 这水住在蒙巴萨 |
[25:48] | Come, then. | 来吧 |
[26:59] | I wouldn’t run. | 要是我就不跑 |
[27:03] | If you do, she’ll think you’re something good to eat. | 你跑它就认为你是好吃的食物 |
[27:09] | – Do you have a gun? – She won’t like the smell of you. | -你有枪吗? -它不喜欢你的气味 |
[27:13] | – Shoot it. – She’s had breakfast. | -开枪 -它刚吃过早餐 |
[27:22] | Please shoot her. | 拜托你开枪打它 |
[27:24] | Let’s give her a moment. | 再等一会儿 |
[27:27] | Oh, my God, shoot her! | 天啊 开枪打它 |
[27:39] | Just how much closer did you expect to let her come? | 你到底要让它多靠近我? |
[27:43] | A bit. She wanted to see if you’d run. That’s how they decide. | 它要看你是否会跑 它们依此决定 |
[27:47] | A lot like people. She almost had me for lunch. | -这点颇像人类的 -它差点将我当午餐吃了 |
[27:50] | – It wasn’t her fault. She’s a lion. – It wasn’t mine. | -不是它的错 毕竟它是头狮子 -也不是我的错 |
[27:53] | Doesn’t that outfit come with a rifle? | 这装束是否该带只步枪呢? |
[27:56] | It’s on my saddle. | 在我的马鞍上 |
[27:58] | Better keep it with you. Your horse isn’t much of a shot. | 你应随身带着 你的马也不会用枪 |
[28:02] | For Berkeley. He’s brought you presents. | 给伯克莱的 他带了礼物给你 |
[28:05] | We stopped by your house, then came looking. | 我们先到你家再来找你的 |
[28:07] | Good Lord, you are sweet. | 你真帖心 |
[28:10] | You’re on the road actually. We’re off to Magadi to shoot some ivory. | 你已经上路了 我们要到马嘉迪去猎象牙 |
[28:14] | At least I have something good to offer you. | 还好我有点东西让你们喝 |
[28:18] | Did you intend to tell Berkeley what a fool I was? | 你要告诉伯克莱我有多愚蠢吗? |
[28:21] | She had a lion a bit interested. | 有只狮子对她有点兴趣 |
[28:24] | A bit? A bit, but not enough to bite. | 有点? 有点 没把我当成点心 |
[28:27] | It’s all right to take a chance as long as you’re the only one who’ll pay. | 偶尔冒个险是无所谓 只要你不牵累到别人 |
[28:31] | Wouldn’t you say so? | 你说呢? |
[28:33] | I’d say that it sounds more like something you’d say. | 我说这像是你会说的话 |
[28:35] | – Thank you. – Not at all. | -谢谢 -不谢 |
[28:37] | – Where’s Blix? – Hunting. | -伯利森呢? -打猎去了 |
[28:39] | – Has he been out long? – Yes. | -去很久了吗? -是的 |
[28:43] | You’ll need a good chat then. Shall we stay for supper? | 那你需要好好聊聊天 我们留下来晚餐好吗? |
[28:46] | Blix will have jackets we can use. | 我们可以借穿伯利森的晚礼服 |
[28:48] | Do I have anything to say in this? | 我能对这事发表意见吗? |
[28:50] | Not really, but we’ll hear you out. | 不能 但我们会听一下 |
[28:52] | – Then I would like you to stay. – Good. | -那我就请你们留下来 -好 |
[28:56] | Denys. | 丹尼斯 |
[28:57] | I don’t know. Do you sing? | 我不确定 你会唱歌吗? |
[29:02] | Never. | 不会 |
[29:03] | – Can you tell a story then? – I happen to be very good at stories. | -那你会讲故事吗? -讲故事我最行了 |
[29:09] | I believe that. | 我相信 |
[29:14] | What’s happened to the cows? For the dairy? | 那些牛呢? 牧场呢? |
[29:16] | We changed our minds. We’ll grow coffee instead. | 我们改变主意改种咖啡了 |
[29:20] | A bit risky, this high. So I’ve been told. | -这么高的地方有点冒险 -有人已经告诉过我了 |
[29:23] | Didn’t seem to bother you. I think they just haven’t tried. | -你好像不担心 -我认为他们只是没试过 |
[29:27] | Every time I turn my back, it wants to go wild again. | 我一不注意 咖啡园就又野草丛生 |
[29:30] | It will go wild. | 它会回复野生的 |
[29:37] | – Your man… – Kanuthia. | -你的人… -喀努侠 |
[29:40] | – He’s not Kikuyu? – No. | -他不是克库由人? -不是 |
[29:45] | Shall I see that he’s given supper? | 我是否要交代给他晚餐? |
[29:47] | Don’t do anything for him, thank you, Baroness. | 别为他忙 |
[29:51] | It’s true of Somalis. The only tribe that knows horses. | 索马利人是唯一懂得马的部落 |
[29:54] | And they don’t drink, charge interest, or chase other men’s wives. | 他们不喝酒 不收取利息 也不会追他人之妻 |
[30:01] | Got to go to town for that. | 还好吧? |
[30:06] | Did you know that in all of literature there is no poem celebrating the foot? | 你们知道在文学里 没有一首歌诵脚的诗 |
[30:12] | There’s lips, there’s eyes, hands, face, hair, breasts… | 有歌诵唇的 眼睛的 手 脸 发 乳房… |
[30:17] | legs, arms, even the knees, but not one verse for the poor old foot. | 腿 臂 甚至膝盖 就没有一句是给可怜的脚 |
[30:24] | Why do you think that is? | 你们想是为什么? |
[30:26] | Priorities, I suppose. Did you think you would make one? | 我猜是顺序吧 你们能写一首吗? |
[30:30] | The problem is, there’s nothing to rhyme it with. | 没有押韵的字 |
[30:32] | – Put. – It’s not a noun. | -晓 -那不是名词 |
[30:33] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[30:35] | “Along he came and he did put upon my farm his clumsy foot” | 春眠不觉晓 处处是笨脚 |
[30:45] | We should have a story now. | 我们该来个故事了 |
[30:52] | When I tell a story to my nieces at home… | 我给我侄女们说故事 |
[30:55] | one of them always provides the first sentence. | 她们总提供第一句 |
[31:00] | – Anything? – Absolutely anything. | -任何句子? -任何句子 |
[31:06] | There was a wandering Chinese named Cheng Huan… | 从前有个流浪的中国人 名叫陈环… |
[31:13] | living in Limehouse… | 住在一栋茅屋里 |
[31:16] | and a girl named Shirley. | 还有位叫莎莉的女孩 |
[31:22] | Who spoke perfect Chinese… | 她从当传教士的父母那儿 |
[31:25] | which she learned from her missionary parents. | 学到了流利的中文 |
[31:29] | Cheng Huan lived alone in a room on Formosa Street… | 陈环独自住在福尔摩莎街 的一个房间… |
[31:33] | above the Blue Lantern. | 在蓝色街灯的上面 |
[31:38] | He sat at his window… | 他沿窗而坐… |
[31:42] | and in his poor listening heart… | 在他的内心深处… |
[31:46] | strange echoes of his home and country… | 回响着他的家乡故国… |
[32:18] | They found them there the next morning… | 隔天早晨他们在 |
[32:20] | in their room above the Blue Lantern. | 那蓝色街灯上面的房间发现 |
[32:23] | The dead child and the warlord… | 那死去的孩子及军阀… |
[32:26] | with Cheng Huan’s love gift coiled about his neck. | 颈上还缠着陈环送的订情物 |
[32:37] | Had you been to those places? | 你去过那些地方吗? |
[32:39] | I have been a mental traveler. | 我一直是个神游的旅行家 |
[32:44] | – Till now. – Yes. | -直到现在 -没错 |
[32:45] | Wasn’t this England? Excuse me, Denmark? | 这是在英国? 对不起 丹麦? |
[32:50] | I like my things. | 我喜欢我的家当 |
[32:53] | And when you traveled before, in your mind… | 当你以前在神游时… |
[32:56] | did you carry so much luggage? | 是否带着这么多行李? |
[32:59] | A mental traveler hasn’t the need to eat or sleep… | 神游者不需要食宿… |
[33:02] | or entertain. | 或娱乐 |
[33:08] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[33:10] | Anyway, aren’t you pleased that I brought my crystal and my china? | 你们不庆幸还好我带了 我的水晶及瓷器? |
[33:14] | And your stories, yes. | 及你的故事 |
[33:16] | The conquering heroes come. | 凯旋归来的英雄们 |
[33:21] | Sound the trumpets Beat the drums. | 喇叭声 打鼓声 |
[33:36] | But I want you to come often. | 我希望你们常来 |
[33:38] | I’d like that very much. | 我也非常喜欢来 |
[33:40] | – And you must promise me it will be soon. – I promise. | -答应我 你们很快会再来 -我答应你 |
[33:45] | – Bye. – Good night. | -拜 -晚安 |
[33:53] | Did you save my life? | 你救了我一命? |
[33:56] | No, the lioness did that. She walked away. | 不是我 是狮子走开 饶了你的 |
[34:01] | So I am not indebted then? | 那我不欠你罗? |
[34:04] | But I am. | 但我欠你 |
[34:07] | We pay our storytellers here. | 这里说故事是有报酬的 |
[34:13] | It’s lovely. | 这真美 |
[34:17] | But my stories are free and your present’s much too dear. | 但我的故事是免费的 况且你的礼物太贵重了 |
[34:23] | Write them down sometime. | 有空将故事写下来 |
[34:32] | Take care, Finch Hatton. | 保重 芬齐哈顿 |
[34:35] | You wouldn’t rather call me Denys? | 你不干脆叫我丹尼斯? |
[34:43] | Baroness. | 男爵夫人 |
[35:21] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[35:25] | I want you to come home. | 我要你回家 |
[35:44] | Bror. | 布鲁 |
[35:47] | We never spoke about children. | 我们从未谈到小孩 |
[35:53] | Did you… | 你要… |
[35:57] | Do you? | 你呢? |
[35:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:01] | Is that all right? | 可以吗? |
[36:22] | These Kikuyu want to be sick now. | 这些克库由人都要接受治疗了 |
[36:25] | Good Lord! | 天啊 |
[36:29] | Your leg has got worse. | 你的腿伤已经恶化了 |
[36:33] | You should go to hospital. | 你得去医院 |
[36:35] | This leg may be foolish. It may think not to go to hospital. | 这腿可能愚蠢 它可能不想去医院 |
[36:42] | This leg will do as it pleases. | 这腿想怎么样就怎么样 |
[36:46] | But if you will take it to hospital, I will think that you are wise. | 但如你带它去医院 我会认为你是个聪明人 |
[36:50] | And such a wise man as this, I would want to work in my house… | 像这样的聪明人 我会要他到我屋里工作… |
[36:55] | for wages. | 付薪水的 |
[36:57] | How much wages would come to such a wise man as that? | 像这样的聪明人 能领多少薪水呢? |
[37:03] | More wages than come from tending goats. | 比牧羊赚的还多 |
[37:08] | I will speak to this leg. | 我会跟这腿谈谈 |
[37:52] | What about air raids? Quiet! One question at a time. | -会有空袭吗? -安静一个一个发问 |
[37:56] | The war’s in Europe. Will it ever reach here? | 战争在欧洲 会漫延到这里吗? |
[37:58] | German East is only 200 miles south. General Von Lettow is there. | 德军在我们南边300公里 范立德将军在那里 |
[38:03] | Let’s not wait till he joins us at the bar. | 别让他打到我们这里 |
[38:05] | Would we engage them? | 会交战吗? |
[38:06] | This is our war. You don’t have to be involved, but thanks. | 这是我们的战争 你不需要介入 |
[38:10] | I’ve got crops coming in. How long is this thing gonna last? | 我就要收成了 这战争要打多久呢? |
[38:14] | We just have to stay and go as we must. | 我们看局势来决定去留 |
[38:16] | They won’t fight if we won’t fight. | 如果我们不打 他们就不会打 |
[38:19] | We could always arm the Masai and point them south. | 我们总可以武装马塞族人 然后将他们驻扎南边 |
[38:22] | Do you want the job of collecting rifles from the Masai when this is over? | 战争结束后你愿意向马塞族人 收回枪械吗? |
[38:26] | And our women and children? Shall we bring them into town? | 我们的妇孺呢? 要进城吗? |
[38:29] | We will deal with that problem as it arises. | 到时候再说 |
[38:32] | Will they use native troops? | 他们会用土著战士吗? |
[38:33] | I’d assume so, but not Masai! | 我想会 但不会是马塞族人 |
[38:36] | Berkeley, what about your Somalis? | 你的索马利人呢? |
[38:40] | They’d make very good scouts. We can cover the area here to the border. | 他们可以做侦察兵 侦察从这到边境的区域 |
[38:43] | We can gather information for when the regulars arrive. | 我们可以在英军到达时 帮忙收集军情 |
[38:46] | What’s it about? Have you any idea? | 你晓得这是为什么吗? |
[38:50] | Not really. Then why do you want to get into it? | -不晓得 -那你为何要介入呢? |
[38:53] | It’s got nothing to do with us. | 这与我们完全无关 |
[38:55] | They’ve made agreements we know nothing about. | 我们对他们的协议一无所知 |
[38:58] | Victoria and the Kaiser were relatives, for God’s sake. | 维多利亚与凯瑟还是亲戚呢 |
[39:03] | They divided Africa between them. Do you know why there’s a border? | 他们俩分割了非洲 你晓得为何有个边界? |
[39:07] | ‘Cause she had two mountains and he had none. | 因她有两座山 而他没有 |
[39:09] | So she gave him Kilimanjaro. | 所以她将吉利满加罗山给他 |
[39:12] | It’s a silly argument between two spoiled countries. | 这是两个骄横的国家间的无谓争议 |
[39:15] | The sooner we do this, the sooner it ends, the sooner we pick up where we left off. | 我们早开始就早结束 我们也可早恢复正常 |
[39:22] | It may end. | 可能会结束 |
[39:25] | But we’re not gonna pick up where we left off. | 但我们不可能恢复正常 |
[39:28] | You don’t have to go! You want to go! | 你不必去是你要去的 |
[39:32] | We’ve got to live here. | 我们要在此久居 |
[39:34] | – They don’t want you. – They don’t know where we stand. | -他们不要你 -他们不晓得我们的立场 |
[39:37] | I’m not so fond of their empire I’d have you shot for it. | 我不喜欢他们的帝国 我不要你为它中弹 |
[39:41] | More likely chewed on than shot. | 我们较会被欺侮 |
[39:44] | The farm will take care of itself, and you’ve got Belknap. | 农场可以自力更生 况且你还有伯纳 |
[39:47] | The farm will not take care of itself. | 农场无法自力更生 |
[39:50] | That’s not the point. | 那不重要 |
[39:56] | I didn’t expect to like you so much. | 我没想到会如此喜欢你 |
[40:04] | You’re not going to go falling in love, are you? | 你不会坠入爱河了吧? |
[40:08] | Not with someone who’s always leaving. | 不会与一个老不在家的 |
[40:14] | If you need me, send a runner to find Delamere. | 你需要我时 就派个脚夫去找德拉米… |
[40:18] | That’s where I’ll be. | 我会在那里 |
[40:26] | – That’s a fine kiss goodbye. – I’m better at hello. | -好一个吻别 -我比较会迎接 |
[40:46] | It’s an odd feeling, farewell. | 离别是种奇特的感觉 |
[40:50] | There is some envy in it. | 里头有份钦羡 |
[40:54] | Men go off to be tested for courage. | 男人上战场去考验勇气 |
[40:58] | But if we’re tested at all it’s for patience… | 如果我们有被考验 那就是耐心… |
[41:02] | for doing without… | 永无止境的耐心… |
[41:05] | perhaps for how well we can endure Ioneliness. | 考验我们如何忍受孤寂 |
[41:09] | But I had always known that. | 我早就晓得那道理 |
[41:14] | It didn’t require a war. | 不需要战争来启示 |
[41:17] | I said goodbye to Bror. | 我与伯若道别 |
[41:20] | Denys left without a word, which was quite proper. | 丹尼斯一声不吭地走了 倒也是正常 |
[41:28] | Hello, the house! | 房子你好 |
[41:32] | Felicity. | 菲莉熙 |
[41:34] | I thought you might want some meat. | 我想你可能要听些马路消息 |
[41:38] | Is there any word? | 前线有消息吗? |
[41:40] | Nothing new. There’s not much fighting. Awful fever, though. | 没新消息 没什么战斗 倒是有热病 |
[41:46] | I’ve got time for tea, I should think. | 我有点时间 可喝杯茶 |
[41:56] | Are you for the Germans? | 你支持德国吗? |
[42:01] | Did they send you out to ask me this? | 他们派你来问我这? |
[42:04] | – We had a row about it in town. – Because of my bad English. | -城里的人为此大为争议 -因为我的英文不灵光 |
[42:09] | And whose side were you on? | 那你又站哪边? |
[42:12] | Yours. | 你那边 |
[42:18] | They want to send me home to school. Mother says I’m growing up wild. | 他们要送我回家上学 母亲说我变野了 |
[42:22] | – I wanted to ask you about it. – Me? | -我要来请教你 -我? |
[42:26] | You’ve been around and about. | 你人生经验丰富 |
[42:29] | Some day, I’d like to run my own show the way you do. | 将来我也要像你一样 经营自己的事业 |
[42:34] | Is that what I do? You don’t seem to need us much. | -我是那样吗? -你好像不怎么需要我们 |
[42:41] | May I ask you something? | 我能问你一件事吗? |
[42:45] | I don’t know much about men. | 我不太懂男人 |
[42:52] | I want them to like me, but I… | 我要他们喜欢我 |
[42:55] | I want to be let alone, too. | 但同时 又要有自己的空间 |
[43:02] | I’m supposed to want to be taken, aren’t I? | 我想要男人来采拮 不是吗? |
[43:08] | I’ve got this book… | 我有一本书… |
[43:12] | but how do you know when to do what they want you to… | 你怎么知道何时顺应他们所求… |
[43:15] | and when not to? | 何时不要呢? |
[43:23] | I suppose you ought to call me Karen. | 我想你该叫我凯伦 |
[43:41] | They need paraffin and tinned food. Enough for 300 men. | 他们需要蜡烛及罐头食品 足够300人的 |
[43:45] | He wants you to send a white man with the wagon. | 他要你送个白人带领着篷车 |
[43:48] | Is he all right? | 他平安吗? |
[43:49] | I assume. Well enough to send a message. | 我想是 他还能传言 |
[43:52] | And where would my husband like this wagon sent? | 我先生要将篷车送到哪? |
[43:55] | He’s with Delamere on the border near Lake Natron. | 他与德拉米一起 在靠近纳冲湖的边界 |
[43:58] | – That’s confidential, of course. – I would bear that in mind. | -当然 那是机密 -我会记得 |
[44:01] | Sorry, I only meant… | 对不起 我的意思是… |
[44:03] | it wouldn’t do for it to be talk around Nairobi. | 不要到奈洛比四处宣扬 |
[44:06] | We have to move you into town. We can’t protect you here. | 我们必须搬你进城 在此我们无法保护你 |
[44:11] | What do you mean, into town? | 进城是什么意思? |
[44:12] | With the men gone, we’re worried about the natives. | 男人走了 我们担心这些土著 |
[44:15] | We have orders. Women and children into town. | 我们有命令妇孺都进城 |
[44:18] | – That is internment, Lieutenant. – Women and children. | -那是集中营 -妇孺 |
[44:23] | Is that one category or two? | 那是一类还是两类? |
[44:25] | You’ll want time to gather your things. | 你会需要时间收拾行李 |
[44:28] | I’ll send an escort here for you Thursday. | 我星期四请人来此护送你 |
[44:30] | And I am a captain. | 而且我是个队长 |
[44:37] | I’m not paid to fight. | 我的工作不是打仗 |
[44:41] | No. | 不 |
[44:45] | Where is Lake Natron? | 纳冲湖在哪? |
[44:47] | That’s south. Bush country. It’s no place for a white man. | 在南方蛮荒地带 白人不去的地方 |
[47:35] | We should have crossed the Sand River today. | 我们今天应该走过一条干河床 |
[47:39] | I may have got us lost. | 我们可能迷路了 |
[47:42] | God is great. | 上帝万能 |
[48:38] | – What the devil are you doing here? – I’m on my way to Delamere. | -你们在这里做什么? -我要去找德拉米 |
[48:41] | – Absurd. We don’t send women to war. – Well, I’m going. | -真荒唐 我们不让女人上战场的 -我要去 |
[48:45] | We haven’t time for this. You don’t know where you are. | 我们没时间来管你 你连在哪都不知道 |
[48:48] | – I do now. – And you’ll just get lost again. | -现在知道了 -你马上又会迷路 |
[48:51] | I’m going on. | 我要走了 |
[48:54] | – Talk to her, will you? – No. | -你劝劝她 好吗? -不要 |
[48:58] | She could be hurt or worse. | 她会受伤或更糟 |
[49:00] | I imagine she knows that. | 我想她了解那点 |
[49:03] | Right, I tried. | 好吧 反正我尽力了 |
[49:11] | Here. | 拿去 |
[49:14] | Find a spot on the horizon each morning and steer by it. | 每早在地平线上找一点对着它 |
[49:17] | South-southwest. | 南偏西南方向 |
[49:20] | About three days. | 大概三天 |
[49:22] | I see. | 我懂 |
[49:24] | And don’t worry about us, we’ll be all right. | 别担心 我们没问题的 |
[50:04] | Farah. | 法拉 |
[50:19] | – What is it? – Masai. | -那一族的? -马塞 |
[52:08] | Ismail, my rifle, where’s my rifle? | 我的步枪在哪? |
[52:11] | Ismail! | 伊斯美尔 |
[52:39] | Get away! | 走开 |
[52:42] | Get away! | 走开 |
[53:41] | Msabu’s bleeding. She does not have this ox. | 夫人流血了 狮子没吃掉这头牛 |
[53:47] | This lion is hungry. | 狮子很饿 |
[53:50] | He does not have this ox. | 它没吃掉这头牛 |
[53:54] | This wagon is heavy. It doesn’t have this ox. | 篷车很重 它离不开这头牛 |
[54:00] | God is happy. He plays with us. | 老天高兴 祂在跟我们玩 |
[54:15] | Tell Blix his wife’s here. | 通知伯利森 他太太来了 |
[55:01] | Hello, Karen. | 哈罗 凯伦 |
[55:03] | Hello, D. Hello, Bror. | 哈罗 D 哈罗 伯若 |
[55:07] | I’ve brought you some things. | 我给你带来些东西 |
[55:10] | You’ve changed your hair. | 你改变了发型 |
[55:15] | – You needed supplies… – Send someone, I said. | -你需要补给… -可以叫别人送来 |
[55:18] | You were lucky to get through. It was really foolish. | 你能到达是命大 这真是愚蠢 |
[55:21] | But I did get through. | 但我毕竟到达了 |
[55:25] | And it was fun. | 而且还蛮好玩的 |
[55:32] | When are you coming home? | 你何时回家? |
[55:37] | Not just yet. | 还不能 |
[55:40] | You’re not going to help at all with the farm, are you? | 你一点都不会来农场帮忙 是吧? |
[55:46] | No. | 不 |
[55:48] | I could force you. I could cut you off. | 我可以强迫你 可以断你经济 |
[55:53] | I’ll just hunt professionally. | 我就专职狩猎 |
[55:57] | I might do it anyway. | 反正我原本也可能如此做 |
[56:03] | It’s not the way we thought it would be, | 这婚姻 好像与我们原本想像 不一样, |
[56:08] | is it? | 不是吗? |
[56:17] | But I like it that you’re honest with me. | 但我喜欢你对我诚实 |
[56:21] | I like you, too. | 我也喜欢你 |
[56:32] | Very much. | 非常喜欢 |
[57:11] | I had a compass from Denys. | 我有丹尼斯送的指南针 |
[57:14] | “To steer by,” he said. | 他说可以引导我 |
[57:17] | But later it came to me… | 但后来我发觉 |
[57:19] | that we navigated differently. | 我们的航向并不同 |
[57:25] | Perhaps he knew, as I did not… | 说不定他早知道 而我不知道 |
[57:30] | that the Earth was made round… | 这地球是圆的… |
[57:32] | so that we would not see too far down the road. | 所以前方的路我们看不了太远 |
[58:08] | You’ve got syphilis. | 你得了梅毒 |
[58:15] | That’s not possible. | 这不可能的 |
[58:19] | Your husband is not ill? | 你先生没发病? |
[58:26] | No. | 没有 |
[58:28] | Not the last time I saw him. | 我上次见他时没有 |
[58:32] | That was three months ago. | 那是三个月前了 |
[58:37] | He’s on the border with Delamere. He would have come home. | 他与德拉米在边境 有的话他早该回家了 |
[58:41] | These cases vary. | 每个病例都不一样 |
[58:44] | He may have just a touch. | 他可能很轻微 |
[58:48] | But you are very ill. | 但你很严重 |
[58:59] | Is he the only possibility? | 他是唯一的可能性吧? |
[59:04] | Yes. | 对 |
[59:06] | You’ll have to go home to deal with it, you know? | 你必须回家养病 知道吗? |
[59:09] | The treatment’s difficult, but they have a thing called Salvarsan. | 治疗是不容易 但有种药叫撒尔佛散 |
[59:14] | Arsenic. | 含砒素的 |
[59:18] | And if I’m not cured then I will be insane, won’t I? | 如果我没痊愈就会发疯 不是吗? |
[59:24] | You ought to go soon. | 你应尽快动身 |
[59:28] | I’ll have to see your husband. | 我必须检查你先生 |
[59:34] | I will send for him. | 我会请他来 |
[59:36] | These ought to help with the fever till you get home. | 在你回到家之前 这有助退烧 |
[59:48] | – And what are my chances? – About even, I’m afraid. | -我痊愈的机会有多大? -恐怕只有一半 |
[1:00:03] | It’s not what I thought would happen to me now. | 我没想到现在会发生这事 |
[1:00:22] | – Muthaiga? – What? | -慕迪加? -什么? |
[1:00:25] | Your letters. | 你的信 |
[1:00:36] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[1:00:40] | I heard you had made it. I’d have paid anything to see their faces. | 听说你安全抵达 我真想看看他们的脸色 |
[1:00:44] | Hello. | 哈罗 |
[1:00:47] | Would you join us for a drink? | 跟我们喝一杯? |
[1:00:48] | I can’t. How is it that you are home? | 我不能 你怎么回来了呢? |
[1:00:51] | I brought Berkeley back. | 我带伯克莱回来 |
[1:00:54] | – Has he been wounded? – No, fever. | -他受伤了吗? -发烧 |
[1:00:56] | More than usual, but he’ll be all right as long as the gin holds out. | 不寻常的 但只要有琴酒 他就会没事的 |
[1:01:01] | And you? How is it with the fighting? | 你呢? 战争怎么样? |
[1:01:05] | We’re taking a beating. It’s likely to last for a while. | 我们居劣势 可能还要再撑一阵 |
[1:01:13] | – I still have your compass. – Why don’t you keep it? | -你的指南针还在我这儿 -你何不留着? |
[1:01:17] | You’ve earned it. | 宝剑配英雄 |
[1:01:20] | Besides, I don’t always want to know where I’m going anyway. | 此外 我也不要老是晓得我的方向 |
[1:01:29] | Please don’t let me keep you. | 别让我耽搁你了 |
[1:01:35] | – Are you all right? – Yes. | -你没事吧? -没事 |
[1:01:38] | Take good care. | 保重了 |
[1:01:41] | – We’re behind a story or two. – Yes. | -我们得再来一些故事 -没错 |
[1:01:43] | – When I get back. – Back? From where? | -等我回来 -回来? 从哪? |
[1:01:47] | When you get back, I meant. | 我是说 等你回来 |
[1:01:51] | – I thought it was malaria. – It wasn’t. | -我以为是疟疾 -不是 |
[1:01:57] | And you may be all right, but you have to be seen. | 你可能无大碍 但得看医生 |
[1:02:02] | And the others, whoever they are, I hope they’ve got it. | 至于其他人 不论是谁 我希望她们都染上 |
[1:02:07] | It’s my fault, no one else’s. | 是我的错 不怪别人 |
[1:02:16] | I want to go with you. | 我要跟你去 |
[1:02:19] | Someone has to stay here and run things, and the factory must be finished. | 总得有人留下来经营农场 且工厂也得完成 |
[1:02:26] | – Can you do that? – That’s little enough. | -你能胜任吗? -小事一桩 |
[1:02:43] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:02:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:03:02] | Where’s memsahib? | 夫人呢? |
[1:03:04] | She can come soon enough. | 她马上就到 |
[1:03:15] | Later that day, I left for Mombasa… | 那天下午我到蒙巴萨 |
[1:03:19] | and the voyage home to Denmark. | 然后踏上回丹麦的旅程 |
[1:03:24] | It was a longer journey this time. | 这次路程更漫长 |
[1:03:27] | The war went on. | 战事漫延着 |
[1:03:30] | I fought my own war. | 我也在打一场自己的战 |
[1:03:33] | Arsenic was my ally against an enemy I never saw. | 砒素是我的盟友 对抗我看不见的敌人 |
[1:03:42] | I stayed in the room where I was born… | 我住在伦特兰 |
[1:03:46] | in Rungstedlund… | 我出生的房间… |
[1:03:47] | and tried to remember the colors of Africa. | 回忆非洲的颜色 |
[1:04:03] | There was only the medicine… | 只有药剂… |
[1:04:06] | and walks with my mother along a deserted stretch of beach… | 与母亲在空荡荡的海滩散步… |
[1:04:11] | and this room in my mother’s house. | 及母亲屋子里的这房间 |
[1:04:18] | Denmark had become a stranger to me… | 丹麦与我已经… |
[1:04:22] | and I to her. | 互为陌路 |
[1:04:24] | But my mother’s house, I came to know again. | 但我再度认识我母亲的房子 |
[1:04:29] | And knew I would come back to it, sick or well… | 而且我深知有一天 我会回到它怀抱… |
[1:04:34] | sane or mad, someday. | 不论健康与否 或醒或狂 |
[1:04:38] | And so I did… | 在查佛后… |
[1:04:41] | after Tsavo. | 我终于回来 |
[1:05:35] | Almost everyone’s got them now. | 现在几乎人人都有车了 |
[1:06:51] | – I am cooking now. – I have heard about this. | -我在煮饭了 -我听说了 |
[1:07:07] | Are you well? | 你好吗? |
[1:07:10] | I am well enough. | 我够好 |
[1:07:13] | Then I am well enough also. | 那我也够好了 |
[1:07:18] | What will you do? | 你要做什么呢? |
[1:07:19] | I have been thinking I’ll hunt. Safari sort of thing. | 我想去打猎 像狩猎旅行之类的 |
[1:07:23] | They say it’ll be quite a business once the war is over. | 听说战争一结束 这会是个热门行业 |
[1:07:27] | You wouldn’t want to teach? | 你不想教学? |
[1:07:30] | I would like these Kikuyu to have a school. | 我要帮这些克库由人办个学校 |
[1:07:35] | There will be a fight about that. | 这将会有争论的 |
[1:07:39] | Tanne. | 坦妮 |
[1:07:44] | Are you all well? | 你还好吗? |
[1:07:47] | They say I’m cured. | 他们说我痊愈了 |
[1:07:51] | I won’t have children. | 我不能有小孩 |
[1:08:02] | Have you thought about us? | 你考虑过我们吗? |
[1:08:08] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:08:20] | Belknap says the coffee will flower after the next rains. | 伯纳说再下次雨 咖啡就会开花了 |
[1:08:25] | If it does, you’ll have to start thinking about hiring for the harvest… | 果真如此 你得开始筹划 雇用收成的帮手… |
[1:08:31] | and how you’ll get to market. | 及如何送到市场 |
[1:09:46] | – Where would Berkeley be? – He must be here. | -伯克莱会在哪? -他一定在这里 |
[1:10:00] | Who won the match? | 谁赢? |
[1:10:11] | Have you got a story for me? | 给我说个故事吧? |
[1:10:14] | Finch Hatton. | 芬齐哈顿 |
[1:10:17] | I’ve been demoted. I was Denys last time. | 我被降级了 上次我还叫丹尼斯呢 |
[1:10:20] | Would you care for some champagne? | 来点香槟吗? |
[1:10:25] | – They said you went home for a while. – Yes. | -听说你回去了一阵 -对 |
[1:10:29] | – Where’s Berkeley? – It’s good to see you. | -伯克莱呢? -很高兴看到你 |
[1:10:36] | He’s still down with fever. He’ll be all right. Who are all these people? | 他发烧躺在床上 他会恢复的 这些人都是谁? |
[1:10:42] | Bror says we’ll be a colony soon. | 伯若说我们很快就会变成殖民地 |
[1:10:46] | They want it settled now. | 他们现要屯垦了 |
[1:10:49] | They’ve got a lottery. “Buy a ticket, win a farm in Africa.” | 他们发行一种彩券”买一张票 赢一座非洲农场” |
[1:10:52] | Did you really think it would stay the way it was? | 你真认为这里会像从前一样? |
[1:10:57] | I thought it might. | 我以为会的 |
[1:11:01] | – Where is Kanuthia? – He’s dead. | -喀努侠呢? -他死了 |
[1:11:08] | Hello, Denys. | 你好 丹尼斯 |
[1:11:11] | How are you? Would you join us for a drink? | 你好吗? 要不要来喝一杯? |
[1:11:16] | – It’s time to find a pillow. – Another night then? | -该是睡觉的时候了 -那就改天吧? |
[1:11:25] | Have a good Christmas. | 祝你圣诞节快乐 |
[1:11:29] | Christmas? | 圣诞节? |
[1:11:31] | So it is. | 就要到了 |
[1:12:04] | This Chief says children higher than this… | 酋长说超过这高度的孩子… |
[1:12:07] | must not learn to read. | 不得上学念书 |
[1:12:11] | Tell him that all the children must go to school. | 告诉他所有的孩子都应该上学 |
[1:12:14] | No, this is a Chief. You are not a Chief. | 这是酋长而你不是酋长 |
[1:12:19] | That’s absurd. | 太荒谬了 |
[1:12:20] | It is not good for tall people to know more than this Chief. | 大人懂得比酋长还多 不是件好事 |
[1:12:24] | When these children are tall, then this Chief can be dead. | 当这些小孩长高时 酋长可能已经死了 |
[1:13:04] | Bror, yes. But Denys hired out to tourists, I can’t imagine. | 伯若 还可能 但没想到丹尼斯会受聘陪游客打猎 |
[1:13:08] | He’s got no other trade and we’ve got no choice. | 他没有其他事业 且我们也没选择 |
[1:13:10] | The government’s put a stop to the ivory. | 政府禁止象牙贸易 |
[1:13:13] | – What will you do then? – I’ll concentrate on the farm. | -那你要做什么? -我会专注在农场 |
[1:13:16] | Hello, the house! | 房子你好 |
[1:13:18] | Felicity! | 菲莉熙 |
[1:13:19] | How is it you’re home? | 怎么回家了? |
[1:13:21] | I’m out. Look. I didn’t learn a thing, but I’m wonderfully clean. | 我毕业了没学到任何东西 倒是十分纯洁 |
[1:13:27] | I’ll come and see you. You save me a dance, Berkeley. | 我会去拜访你 你留支舞给我 |
[1:13:39] | What’s this nonsense I hear about a school? | 那个关于学校的无聊事是怎么回事? |
[1:13:41] | I’ve taken on a young missionary. | 我找到个年轻的传教士 |
[1:13:44] | He’s promised me to do the alphabet first, and save God for later. | 他答应我先教字母 上帝留到以后 |
[1:13:47] | Wogs can’t even count their goats. | 瓦戈人连自己的羊都不会数 |
[1:13:50] | It’s none of your bloody business anyway! | 这反正也与你无关 |
[1:13:52] | Who the devil are you? | 你又是谁? |
[1:14:00] | I wonder if you’d dance with me? | 你愿跟我跳舞吗? |
[1:14:04] | I think you are about to apologize. | 我想你最好马上道歉 |
[1:14:10] | You do stir things up. | 你真会挑起事端 |
[1:14:16] | When they said they’d like to read, how did they put that exactly? | 当他们说喜欢念书 他们到底是怎么说的 |
[1:14:19] | Do they know they’d like Dickens? | 是他们说喜欢狄更斯吗? |
[1:14:21] | You don’t think they should learn to read? | 你不认为他们应该念书吗? |
[1:14:23] | I think you might have asked them. | 你问过他们是否喜欢吗? |
[1:14:25] | Did you ask to learn when you were a child? | 你小时候曾要求学习吗? |
[1:14:27] | How can stories possibly harm them? | 故事会对他们造成伤害吗? |
[1:14:30] | They have their own stories, just not in writing. | 他们有自己的故事 只是没写下来 |
[1:14:32] | Why would you rather keep them ignorant? | 你为何要他们维持无知? |
[1:14:35] | They’re not ignorant. | 他们并不是无知 |
[1:14:37] | I just don’t think they should be turned into little Englishmen. | 我只是不认为 他们应该被变成一群小英国人 |
[1:14:46] | You do like to change things, don’t you? | 你喜欢改变 不是吗? |
[1:14:48] | For the better, I hope. | 我希望 朝好的方向 |
[1:14:51] | I want my Kikuyu to learn to read. | 我要我的克库由人学念书 |
[1:14:54] | My Kikuyu. My Limoges. My farm. | 我的克库由人 我的瓷器 我的农场 |
[1:14:58] | – It’s an awful lot to own, isn’t it? – I’ve paid a price for all I own. | -你拥有的太多了吧? -我付了代价才拥有的 |
[1:15:02] | What is it exactly that’s yours? | 到底什么才真正是你的? |
[1:15:05] | We’re not owners here, we’re just passing through. | 在此我们不是主人 只是过客 |
[1:15:11] | Is life really so damn simple for you? | 生命对你真的这么单纯吗? |
[1:15:15] | Perhaps I ask less of it than you do. | 或许我对它较无所求 |
[1:15:18] | I don’t believe that at all. | 我一点都不相信 |
[1:15:20] | Happy New Year! | 新年快乐 |
[1:16:41] | Happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[1:16:44] | And for you, too. | 也祝福你 |
[1:17:05] | Someone has left her underclothes in the back. | 有人将她的内衣留在后座 |
[1:17:15] | I want you to take a place in town. | 我要你搬到城里去 |
[1:17:24] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[1:17:48] | Eats. | 吃 |
[1:17:49] | Eats. | 吃 |
[1:17:51] | Eats. | 吃 |
[1:17:55] | He eats. | 他吃 |
[1:17:57] | Elephant. | 大象 |
[1:18:27] | Give me work. | 给我工作 |
[1:19:11] | We’ve got peace, where is the prosperity? | 我们有了和平 但繁荣在哪? |
[1:19:14] | Why should the prices fall now just because they’re not killing anybody? | 为何就因为他们不再杀人 而价格下跌? |
[1:19:19] | Tea’s down just as bad. | 茶叶也一样惨 |
[1:19:24] | Do they always have to whip them so? | 他们一定要鞭打它们吗? |
[1:19:56] | They finally made a machine that’s really useful. Listen. | 他们总算造了个真正有用的机器 你听 |
[1:20:04] | It’s for you. | 送给你 |
[1:20:07] | – I can’t accept it. – Why not? | -我不能接受 -为什么? |
[1:20:10] | Bror’s moved to town. | 伯若已经搬到城里去 |
[1:20:14] | That’s a private matter, I imagine. | 我想那是私人的事 |
[1:20:26] | Did you think you would spend the night? | 你愿意留下来过夜吗? |
[1:20:28] | Can’t, thanks. I have to go down to the Mara. | 不行 我必须去玛喇 |
[1:20:34] | I’ve taken up safari work and I’ve gotta find a camp. | 我开始了狩猎旅行的工作 而我必须找个营地 |
[1:20:41] | No. | 不 |
[1:20:43] | There’s country there you ought to see. It won’t last long now. | 你必须看看这原野 这不会持久的 |
[1:20:47] | No. | 不 |
[1:20:48] | I would be wasting your time. | 我只会浪费你的时间 |
[1:20:51] | Why don’t you get your things? | 你去收拾你的东西 |
[1:20:56] | If you like me at all… | 如果你喜欢我 |
[1:20:59] | don’t ask me to do this. | 就别要我做这事 |
[1:22:22] | What’s your word? | 你要说什么? |
[1:22:26] | Shoo? | 嘘? |
[1:22:29] | Is that it? Shoo? | 是不是? 嘘? |
[1:22:42] | That’s a fine word you’ve got there. | 你那个字可真好用 |
[1:22:54] | Crank it again, please. | 请再转一次 |
[1:22:57] | Almost. Crank it again. | 差一点 再转一次 |
[1:23:01] | Again. | 再来 |
[1:23:07] | Once more. | 再一次 |
[1:23:15] | Well done. We’re off. | 转得好 我们可以上路了 |
[1:23:24] | I don’t know the scientific basis for it, but I know you can see further… | 我不晓得科学根据 但我知道在非洲的夜晚… |
[1:23:28] | in the African night than any other place. | 你可以看得比其他地方来的远 |
[1:23:34] | And the stars are brighter. | 而且星星也比较亮 |
[1:23:41] | It’s about the tents. | 至于帐篷 |
[1:23:43] | When I’m out with Kanuthia… | 当我和喀努侠出去… |
[1:23:47] | Used to be, we didn’t use them. | 以前 我们没用过 |
[1:23:51] | I remember him. | 我记得他 |
[1:23:55] | – There was something… – Masai. | -有点… -马塞 |
[1:23:58] | He was half Masai, that’s what you remember about him. | 他是半个马塞人 那是你记得关于他的事 |
[1:24:02] | They’re like nobody else. | 他们非常的独特 |
[1:24:05] | We think we’ll tame them, but we won’t. | 我们认为我们驯服了他们 其实没有 |
[1:24:10] | If you put them in prison, they die. | 如果你将他们关入牢里 他们会死 |
[1:24:13] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:24:15] | Because they live now. They don’t think about the future. | 因为他们只活在现在 不会想到未来 |
[1:24:20] | They can’t grasp the idea that they’ll be let out one day. | 他们无法了解有一天会被释放出来 |
[1:24:25] | They think it’s permanent, so they die. | 他们以为这是永久的 所以他们会死亡 |
[1:24:31] | They’re the only ones here that don’t care about us… | 他们也是唯一不在乎我们的族… |
[1:24:34] | and that is what will finish them. | 而这也是他们会灭亡的原因 |
[1:24:39] | What did the two of you ever find to talk about? | 你们俩有找到个话题吗? |
[1:24:44] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[1:24:52] | So you knew I would come. | 所以你确定我会来 |
[1:25:02] | It’s an early day tomorrow. Why don’t you get some sleep? | 明天要起个大早 你去睡点觉罢 |
[1:25:08] | – What happens tomorrow? – I have no idea. | -明天干什么? -我不知道 |
[1:25:17] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:25:58] | – You would think they would run off. – You didn’t. | -你想它们应该会跑掉 -你没有 |
[1:26:32] | Think of that. Never a man-made sound, and then Mozart. | 想想看从来没听过人造声 还有莫札特 |
[1:27:09] | Have you clients already? | 你已经有顾客了? |
[1:27:11] | In a week. A man from Belgium and his daughters. | 下星期 一个比利时人及他女儿们会来 |
[1:27:14] | His letter said, “We’d like three of everything.” | 他信上说 “我们每个东西都要三份” |
[1:27:18] | It’ll be an interesting trip. | 这会是个有趣的旅行 |
[1:27:19] | I’ll be gone a month, or an hour and a half. | 我会离开一个月或是一个半钟头 |
[1:27:24] | Why are you doing this? | 你为何要做这工作? |
[1:27:27] | I don’t know how to sow. | 我不会缝衣 |
[1:27:46] | Do you know what they’re made of? Cloth. | 你知道那什么做的? 布 |
[1:27:50] | Where will he land? Trick is not to. | -它要在哪着陆? -还是不着陆的好 |
[1:27:57] | It must feel amazing. | 那感觉一定很棒 |
[1:28:04] | It’s how I imagined America to be. | 这才是我想像中的美国 |
[1:28:08] | – Have you been to America? – No, but my father was there… | -你去过美国吗? -不 但我父亲去过… |
[1:28:11] | and he always told me stories about it when I was a little girl. | 在我是个小女孩时 他总是给我讲故事 |
[1:28:17] | Are you still close? | 你们还亲近吗? |
[1:28:18] | He died. He killed himself when I was 10 years old. | 他过世了 我十岁时他自杀了 |
[1:28:46] | I can fix that, I think. | 我想 我能解决那 |
[1:28:48] | “Laugh’d loud and long, and all the while | 他豪迈的笑声又高又远… |
[1:28:51] | “His eyes went to and fro | 他的眼光不时来回瞧 |
[1:28:55] | “‘Ha! Ha! ‘ quoth he, ‘full plain I see | 他说 “哈哈 我看清了 |
[1:28:59] | “‘The Devil knows how to row’ | 魔鬼知晓如何划 |
[1:29:04] | “Farewell, farewell! …” | 别了 别了…” |
[1:29:06] | – You’re skipping verses. – I leave out the dull parts. | -你漏掉句子了 -我跳过单调的部份 |
[1:29:09] | “Farewell, farewell! But this I tell To thee, thou Wedding-Guest!” | 别了 别了 我于此告诉 婚礼的贺客… |
[1:29:14] | Lay your head back. | 把头向后仰 |
[1:29:18] | “He prayeth well, who loveth well | 会祈祷的人才是会爱的人… |
[1:29:21] | “Both man and bird and beast” | “不论是人或鸟会禽兽” |
[1:29:36] | That’s better. | 好多了 |
[1:29:39] | Will it be so different… | 带游客去狩猎… |
[1:29:42] | hunting for hire? | 会不一样吗? |
[1:29:44] | Not for the animals. Well, maybe for the animals. | 对动物而言没差别 说不定也有差别 |
[1:29:48] | – Do you really prefer them to people? – Sometimes. | -你喜欢动物胜于人吗? -有时候 |
[1:29:53] | They don’t do anything half-heartedly. | 它们做什么都是全心全意的 |
[1:29:56] | Everything’s for the first time. | 每件事都像是第一次 |
[1:29:58] | Hunting, working, mating. | 猎食 工作 求偶 |
[1:30:02] | It’s only man that does it badly. It’s only man that tires of going through it. | 只有人类做的最差 只有人类会感到厌倦 |
[1:30:08] | Who says, “See here. I know how you feel about me… | 他会说 “听着 我了解你对我的感觉 |
[1:30:12] | and you know how I feel about you. | 且你也了解我对你的感觉 |
[1:30:16] | We understand each other, so let’s lie down and get on with it.” | 我们互相了解 所以让我们躺下来开始做吧” |
[1:30:30] | Why am I here? | 我为何在此? |
[1:30:35] | Because I wanted you to see all this. | 因我要你看所有的这些 |
[1:30:40] | I wanted to show it to you. | 我要让你看这些 |
[1:30:43] | I thought you’d understand it. | 我知道你懂得欣赏 |
[1:30:50] | – Do you think much about death? – I think about getting old. | -你想过死亡吗? -我想过变老 |
[1:30:57] | It’d be like living with a cranky demanding old bastard. | 就像跟一个坏脾气 且刻薄的老混蛋住一起 |
[1:31:02] | You are a cranky demanding old bastard. | 你就是个坏脾气且刻薄的老混蛋 |
[1:31:12] | I had syphilis. | 我患过梅毒 |
[1:31:20] | That’s why I went home. | 所以我回家 |
[1:31:26] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:31:30] | I never seem to get anything. German measles once. | 我从未生过任何病 只有一次德国麻疹 |
[1:31:38] | They say I’ll have a normal life now. | 他们说我可以正常生活了… |
[1:31:43] | But no children. | 但不能生小孩 |
[1:31:47] | So the school. | 所以才办学校? |
[1:31:53] | So the school. | 所以才办学校 |
[1:31:56] | The farm, that’s what I am now. | 农场 我现在就是如此 |
[1:32:00] | No. | 不 |
[1:32:11] | We’ll need meat for the camp tomorrow. | 明天露营会需要些肉 |
[1:32:15] | I’ll wake you at dawn. | 我一早叫醒你 |
[1:32:25] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:32:27] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:32:41] | We might scare up a gazelle or two. | 我们可能吓着几只羚羊 |
[1:32:43] | But we’ll go through buffalo country again. They get cocky when you’re on foot. | 但我们要再次穿过水牛区 你如果徒步它们就不在乎你 |
[1:34:08] | Supper. Good size, but… | 晚餐 好大的一只 但是… |
[1:34:22] | Lion. | 狮子 |
[1:34:26] | Careful, the wind’s behind us. | 小心 我们在上风处 |
[1:35:29] | Back up. Slowly. | 慢慢后退 |
[1:35:46] | If there’s a charge, drop flat, and let me do it. | 如果它冲来你就躺下 让我来对付 |
[1:36:19] | [Echoing] Drop! | 躺下 |
[1:36:34] | Reload now! | 再装子弹 |
[1:37:13] | Dinner in a while? | 待会儿吃晚餐? |
[1:37:18] | I’m glad you came. | 我真高兴你来 |
[1:38:49] | To rose-lipt maidens. | 醇酒如美人 |
[1:39:00] | There was a very young girl from Denmark… | 从前有个很年轻的丹麦女孩… |
[1:39:04] | who took passage on a steamer bound for Suez. | 她登上了一艘 开往苏伊士运河的邮轮 |
[1:39:10] | There was a storm… | 在摩洛哥的海上… |
[1:39:14] | off Morocco… | 遇上了暴风雨 |
[1:39:18] | and she was washed ashore onto a beach. | 她被冲到岸上的海滩 |
[1:39:29] | Onto a white beach. | 一个白色沙滩 |
[1:39:40] | Onto a beach so white… | 一个好白的白色沙滩… |
[1:40:24] | I’d like to do that. | 我想做那件事 |
[1:40:38] | Will that hurt? | 疼吗? |
[1:40:49] | If you say anything now… | 你现在说任何事… |
[1:40:53] | I’ll believe it. | 我都会相信的 |
[1:41:18] | I need to know how to think about this. | 我需要好好的想这件事 |
[1:41:23] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:42:03] | Clear soup, the new lettuce… | 你的清汤 新鲜的莴苣… |
[1:42:06] | chicken, just the breast. | 鸡肉 只要鸡胸 |
[1:42:11] | I trust this meets with your approval. | 我相信你会批准这菜单的 |
[1:42:13] | – Who is coming? – Bwana Cole is coming. | -谁要来呢? -柯尔先生要来 |
[1:42:16] | I will think on Bwana Cole. | 我会好好的照料他的 |
[1:42:28] | I’ve got myself in real trouble now. | 我陷入了两难的困境 |
[1:42:31] | – Now you think they should vote? – No, worse. | -你现在要他们投票? -不 更糟 |
[1:42:36] | Denys? | 是丹尼斯? |
[1:42:50] | Get Kamante. | 叫卡曼提来 |
[1:42:53] | He is out of hand entirely. | 他是完全的不听使唤 |
[1:43:04] | Does this look like a chicken? | 这看起来像鸡肉吗? |
[1:43:08] | Here is not a chicken, here is a fish. | 这不是鸡肉 是鱼 |
[1:43:14] | Go away. | 下去 |
[1:43:21] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何? |
[1:43:24] | I think it’s quite good, isn’t it? | 我觉得挺可口的 不是吗? |
[1:43:29] | Be careful. | 你得小心 |
[1:43:33] | When the old mapmakers got to the edge of the world… | 古代绘制地图者 在画到世界边缘时… |
[1:43:36] | they used to write, “‘Beyond this place, there be dragons.” | 他们往往写着 “在此之外 充满猛龙” |
[1:43:41] | Is that where I am? | 那就是我现在的处境? |
[1:43:45] | He likes to give presents… | 他喜欢送礼物 |
[1:43:48] | but not at Christmas. | 但不是在圣诞节 |
[1:43:52] | He hasn’t even said when he’s coming again. | 他甚至也没说何时会再来 |
[1:43:55] | If he’s coming again. | 如果他会再来的话 |
[1:43:59] | Would you divorce? | 你会离婚吗? |
[1:44:02] | Then I would have no one. | 那我就一个都没有了 |
[1:45:19] | Men who missed moose in Alaska, grizzly in America… | 那些没打中阿拉斯加的麋鹿 美国的黑熊… |
[1:45:23] | tigers in India, they’re all at sea now bound for here. | 印度的老虎的人 都在往这里来的途中 |
[1:45:29] | Berkeley is going to farm. You could do that. | 伯克莱要做农场 你也可以做 |
[1:45:34] | No, thank you. | 谢了 不要 |
[1:45:37] | You ought to look in on him though. He didn’t look all that well. | 你得去看望他 他的气色不是很好 |
[1:45:50] | Can you stay? | 你能留下来吗? |
[1:45:55] | For a day or so. | 一两天 |
[1:45:59] | – Is that all right? – No. | -可以吗? -不行 |
[1:46:05] | You don’t need two guns on safari. | 你狩猎旅行不需要两支枪 |
[1:46:07] | Then do the town work. Meet the clients, do outfitting. | 那就做行销 接见客户 准备补给 |
[1:46:11] | There’s the mail. Lots of mail. | 处理信件 我们有许多信件 |
[1:46:13] | I don’t know if I’d be right for that. | 我不晓得我是否适合做那事 |
[1:46:16] | You’ve gotta do something. | 你总得做点事 |
[1:46:19] | I don’t actually. My water’s gone black. | 不见得 我的尿液已经变黑了 |
[1:46:29] | We’ve gotta get you to a hospital, and get you some proper care. | 我们得送你到医院 给你适当的照顾 |
[1:46:35] | I’m being cared for properly. | 我已经有适当的照顾了 |
[1:46:52] | It’s some years now. | 有好些年了 |
[1:46:56] | She’s fond of me, I think. | 我想 她喜欢我 |
[1:47:02] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为何没告诉过我? |
[1:47:04] | I suppose I thought… | 我想 我以为 |
[1:47:11] | I didn’t know you well enough. | 你我交情不够深 |
[1:47:18] | There’s money left in the trading account. | 那贸易的帐户里还有钱 |
[1:47:20] | I’d like my share to go to Mariammo. | 将我那一份给玛拉摩 |
[1:47:23] | Berkeley, listen. | 伯克莱 听我说 |
[1:47:25] | George Martin had blackwater fever and that was five years now. | 乔治患黑水热 到现在也五年了 |
[1:47:30] | You might take along that twelve-bore you’re so fond of. | 你可以带走你喜欢的那支 12口径的猎枪 |
[1:47:33] | The trigger seems a bit… | 那板机有点… |
[1:47:35] | And the Rigby, get Karen to try the Rigby. It’s a nice size gun for her. | 那力格比枪让凯伦试试 那枪对她大小刚好 |
[1:47:54] | Would you like me to take you home? | 你要我带你回家吗? |
[1:47:58] | I am home, I suppose. | 我想我已经在家了 |
[1:48:01] | “F” “F.” | |
[1:48:04] | “G” “G.” | |
[1:48:08] | “G” for girl. | 女孩的女 |
[1:48:15] | Are you packed? | 你都打包好了? |
[1:48:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:48:19] | – How was town? – Crowded. | -城里如何? -挤满了人 |
[1:48:28] | I’ve been thinking. | 我在想 |
[1:48:32] | With all the safari work I have little use for the room at the club. | 因狩猎旅行的工作 我在俱乐部的房间没有用了 |
[1:48:43] | I don’t know that I’d be any good at this… | 我不晓得我对这是否在行… |
[1:48:47] | but how would it be if I kept a few things with you? | 我将一些东西放在你这里如何? |
[1:48:58] | You would come and go from my house? | 你会从我的房子来去? |
[1:49:02] | If that’s all right. | 如果可以的话 |
[1:49:06] | When the gods want to punish you they answer your prayers. | 当众神要惩罚你时 祂们应验你的祈求 |
[1:49:19] | Berkeley’s dying. | 伯克莱病危了 |
[1:49:24] | – What? – Blackwater fever. | -什么? -黑水热 |
[1:49:27] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[1:49:30] | – I’ll go to him. – He wouldn’t want you there. | -我去看他 -他不会要你去的 |
[1:49:34] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:49:37] | There’s a woman there. She’s Somali. | 那儿有个女人 索马利人 |
[1:49:42] | She’s been with him for some time. | 他们一起已经很久了 |
[1:49:45] | You never told me this. | 你从未告诉过我 |
[1:49:50] | I didn’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[1:50:10] | “with each one of us now and forevermore.” Amen. | “圣灵与我们永远同在” 阿门 |
[1:50:37] | Strange that Denys isn’t here. | 奇怪丹尼斯没有来 |
[1:50:41] | I think he is off with Berkeley. | 我想他正以自己的方式与伯克莱告别 |
[1:50:53] | In the days and hours that Denys was at home… | 在丹尼斯在家的时日… |
[1:50:57] | we spoke of nothing ordinary. | 我们都谈一些特别的话题 |
[1:51:01] | Not of my troubles with the farm… | 不是关于我农场的问题 |
[1:51:04] | my notes due and my failing crop… | 我的支票到期 或是咖啡欠收… |
[1:51:08] | or of his with his work and… | 或是他的工作 |
[1:51:11] | what he knew was happening to Africa. | 或是非洲会怎么转变 |
[1:51:16] | Or of anything at all that was small and real. | 或是任何现实的大小事 |
[1:51:22] | We lived disconnected… | 我们脱离现实生活… |
[1:51:26] | and apart from things. | 脱离所有的事 |
[1:51:30] | I had been making up stories while he was away. | 当他不在时 我编了许多故事 |
[1:51:34] | In the evenings, he made himself comfortable… | 在夜晚 他放松自己… |
[1:51:38] | spreading cushions like a couch in front of the fire… | 将椅垫围在壁炉前 像沙发一样… |
[1:51:43] | and with me sitting cross-legged like Scherazade herself… | 我则盘腿而坐 活像天方夜谭里的公主 |
[1:51:48] | he would listen clear-eyed to a long tale… | 他会聚精会神的听一个长的故事… |
[1:51:53] | from when it began until it ended. | 从头至尾 |
[1:52:39] | – Where did you get it? – Mombasa. | -你从那买来的? -蒙巴萨 |
[1:52:43] | Get in. | 上来 |
[1:52:50] | – When did you learn to fly? – Yesterday. | -你何时学会飞行的? -昨天 |
[1:56:00] | Don’t move. | 不要动 |
[1:56:08] | I want to move. | 我想动 |
[1:56:40] | Hello, Denys. | 你好 丹尼斯 |
[1:56:42] | Hello, Blix. | 你好伯利克斯 |
[1:56:45] | May I see you? | 我能见你吗? |
[1:56:54] | I’m broke, too, you know? | 我也没钱了 |
[1:56:56] | I wouldn’t ask, but tips were a bit light. | 如果不是小费很少 我也不会向你要 |
[1:57:03] | – Are you all right? – If I get a decent crop. | -你还好吗? -假如有个丰收的话 |
[1:57:09] | I could shoot him. | 我可以打死他的 |
[1:57:15] | I’ve got this terrible urge to kiss you. | 我有股想吻你的冲动 |
[1:57:21] | He’s smarter than I am. It may go well. | 他比我聪明 你们可能很好 |
[1:57:27] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:57:42] | – You might have asked. – I did. | -你可能已经问过了 -是的 |
[1:57:46] | She said yes. | 她说好 |
[1:58:02] | If I get eaten up sometime bury me here, will you? | 如果有天我被吃掉了 将我埋葬于此 好吗? |
[1:58:06] | Whatever’s left. | 不管剩下的是什么 |
[1:58:08] | Just there at the crest of the hill. | 就在那山顶上 |
[1:58:17] | – When are you leaving? – Tomorrow. | -你什么时候走? -明天 |
[1:58:22] | Doesn’t it matter to you that I’m another man’s wife? | 你会在意我是别人的妻子吗? |
[1:58:27] | What matters to me is that you tried so hard. | 我在乎的是你努力的尝试 |
[1:58:33] | What time tomorrow? | 明天什么时候? |
[1:58:45] | Goodbye again. | 再次道别 |
[1:58:47] | – How many acres under cultivation? – Five hundred. | -开垦的有多大面积? -200公顷 |
[1:58:50] | – The rest of it’s wild? – The Kikuyu live there. | -其余的都是荒野? -有克库由人住着 |
[1:58:55] | – Why don’t you move them off? – Because they live there. | -你为何不要他们搬走? -因为他们住在那里 |
[1:59:00] | We’ll take it over should you default. | 如果你没偿还 我们就会接收 |
[1:59:06] | – We’ve got another year. – God is great. | -我们又多了一年 -夫人 上帝慈悲 |
[1:59:09] | He’s charging 3%. | 他收三分利 |
[1:59:22] | This Chief says, “Tall children can come to school now.” | 酋长说 “大孩子不能来上学了” |
[1:59:35] | Tell Chief Kinanjui that reading is a valuable thing. | 告诉克南吉酋长说 念书是件有价值的事 |
[1:59:41] | His children will remember him well. | 他的孩子们会永远记得他 |
[1:59:59] | This Chief says: | 酋长说… |
[2:00:00] | “British can read and what good has it done them?” | “英国人能念书 但有给他们带来任何好处吗?” |
[2:01:34] | Miss Felicity’s Spurway. Clear round. | 菲莉熙小姐 满分 |
[2:01:37] | – She’s quite something, that Felicity. – Yes, indeed. | -这菲莉熙真不得了 -确实是 |
[2:01:43] | The next competitor: Mr. John Sutton on Castano. | 下个参赛者 撒顿先生骑卡丹奴 |
[2:01:51] | – How are you? – Getting old, I think. | -你好吗? -我想 变老了 |
[2:01:56] | Not you. | 你不会的 |
[2:01:58] | How is the hunting? | 打猎生意如何? |
[2:02:00] | I’ll make a living. Where’s Denys? | 够糊口 丹尼斯呢? |
[2:02:03] | Uganda. Some potentate. | 跟一些大人物在乌干达 |
[2:02:08] | I thought you might be wanting a divorce. | 我想你可能会要离婚 |
[2:02:17] | Has she got money? Of course she’s got money. | 她有钱吗? 她一定有钱 |
[2:02:22] | Is this important, Bror? | 伯若 这重要吗? |
[2:02:26] | I suppose. | 我想是 |
[2:02:28] | I’ll have to accuse you of something… | 我需要控诉你什么… |
[2:02:32] | or did you think you would have it the other way around? | 或者你认为应该是反过来 |
[2:02:37] | Fire away, whatever. I have surely done it. | 随你说吧 我八成都做了 |
[2:02:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[2:02:46] | How do you manage it? To keep us friends? | 你怎么能维持我们的朋友关系? |
[2:02:50] | We started that way. | 我们是那样开始的 |
[2:02:56] | I’ll be happy for you, if I can. | 如果我能的话 我会替你高兴 |
[2:03:07] | I remember that quite well. | 那个我记得很清楚 |
[2:03:33] | When you go away on safari… | 当你去狩猎旅行时… |
[2:03:36] | are you ever with someone else? | 你曾跟别人吗? |
[2:03:38] | I’d be with you if I wanted to be with anyone. | 如果我要人 我会跟你的 |
[2:03:43] | – Do you ever get Ionely? – Sometimes. | -你曾感到寂寞吗? -有时候 |
[2:03:47] | Do you ever wonder if I am Ionely? | 你曾想过我是否寂寞吗? |
[2:03:50] | No, I don’t. | 没有 |
[2:03:53] | Do you think about me at all? | 你有想过我吗? |
[2:03:56] | Often. | 常常 |
[2:03:58] | But not enough to come back. | 但不足以让你回来 |
[2:04:02] | I do come back, all the time. What is it? | 我常常回来呀 怎么回事? |
[2:04:06] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[2:04:15] | Bror has asked me for a divorce. | 伯若要跟我离婚 |
[2:04:17] | He’s found someone that he wants to marry. | 他找到了结婚的对象 |
[2:04:19] | I just thought we might do that some day. | 我只是想我们哪天也结婚 |
[2:04:23] | Divorce? | 离婚? |
[2:04:29] | How would a wedding change things? | 一个婚礼能改变什么呢? |
[2:04:31] | I would have someone of my own. | 我可以拥有个自己的人 |
[2:04:35] | No. | 不 |
[2:04:36] | You wouldn’t. | 你不会的 |
[2:04:40] | What’s wrong with marriage anyway? | 婚姻到底有什么不对? |
[2:04:42] | – Have you ever seen one you admire? – Yes, I have. Many. | -你看过令你钦羡的婚姻吗? -见过许多 |
[2:04:49] | Belfields, for one. | 伯菲夫妇就是一例 |
[2:04:51] | He sent her home for the rains in 1910. | 他因1910年的雨季送她回家 |
[2:04:54] | Didn’t tell her they were over until 1913. | 直到1913年 才告诉她雨停了 |
[2:04:57] | It’s not a joke. People marry. It’s not revolutionary. | 这不是笑话 人人结婚 又不是要你的命 |
[2:05:00] | Some animals mate for life. | 许多动物也是配对终生 |
[2:05:02] | Geese. | 拜托 |
[2:05:03] | You use the animals for your own argument. You won’t let me use them for mine. | 你用动物来支持你的辩论 你却不让我用它们来支持我的 |
[2:05:09] | I’d mate for life. | 我就是配对终生 |
[2:05:13] | One day at a time. | 一天一天的来 |
[2:05:17] | I’d just like someone to ask me once that’s all. | 我只是希望有人对我求次婚而已 |
[2:05:21] | Promise me you’ll do that if I promise to say no? | 如果我保证说”不” 你能不能向我求婚? |
[2:05:24] | Just trust you? | 只要相信你? |
[2:05:32] | When you go away… | 当你离开时 |
[2:05:35] | you don’t always go on safari, do you? | 并不是每次都去狩猎旅行 是吗? |
[2:05:42] | No. | 不是 |
[2:05:44] | You just want to be away. | 你只是想离开 |
[2:05:48] | It’s not meant to hurt you. | 这无意伤害你 |
[2:05:52] | It does. | 但它会 |
[2:05:55] | I’m with you because I choose to be with you. | 我与你在一起 因为我选择与你在一起 |
[2:05:58] | I don’t want to live someone else’s idea of how to live. | 我不要过别人心目中理想的生活 |
[2:06:02] | Don’t ask me to do that. | 别要我那样做 |
[2:06:04] | I don’t want to find out one day that I’m at the end of someone else’s life. | 我不要有一天 慕然发现 我是为别人而活 |
[2:06:10] | I’m willing to pay for mine. To be Ionely sometimes… | 我愿意付出代价 可能是寂寞 |
[2:06:12] | to die alone if I have to. I think that’s fair. | 或是孤自凋零 我认为那是公平的 |
[2:06:15] | Not quite. You want me to pay for it as well. | 不见得 你要我也跟着付出 |
[2:06:18] | You have a choice, and you’re not willing to do the same for me. | 你有选择 但你不愿让我也有选择 |
[2:06:25] | I won’t be closer to you… | 我不会为了一张纸… |
[2:06:28] | and I won’t love you more because of a piece of paper. | 而更亲近你或爱你更深 |
[2:06:45] | See if you can shore it up. | 你们能否将它挡住 |
[2:07:02] | Let it go. | 让它去吧 |
[2:07:06] | This water lives in Mombasa anyway. | 毕竟这水住在蒙巴萨 |
[2:07:54] | I flew as far as Narok. | 我最远飞到纳罗 |
[2:07:57] | You could see all the ruts where the lorries had been. | 那些卡车走过的胎沟清晰可见 |
[2:08:00] | The Serengeti was still good. | 大草原还好 |
[2:08:02] | It would take a week just getting there. | 单单到那里就要几个星期 |
[2:08:10] | And Samburu’s still good. | 珊布卢也还好 |
[2:08:12] | Where’s Belknap? I haven’t seen him. | 伯纳呢? 没见到他 |
[2:08:18] | He must be in America by now. | 他现在该已经抵达美国了 |
[2:08:23] | I let him go. | 我让他走的 |
[2:08:27] | I had to. | 我不得不 |
[2:08:29] | But you don’t want to hear about the farm, do you? | 你不会想听农场的事吧? |
[2:08:32] | – Have you got any buttons? – What are you doing? | -你有钮纽吗? -你在做什么? |
[2:08:35] | – Mending your shirts. – Don’t do that. | -补你的衣服 -不要 |
[2:08:39] | You don’t have to do that. | 你不必帮我补 |
[2:08:50] | Maybe I’ll try Samburu day after tomorrow. | 说不定后天我会去珊布卢 |
[2:08:52] | You just got back. | 你才刚回来 |
[2:08:59] | Felicity asked to come along… | 菲莉熙想一起去… |
[2:09:03] | and I almost said no because I thought you wouldn’t like it. | 我几乎说”不” 因为我想你不会喜欢的 |
[2:09:06] | There’s no reason for her not to come. | 没有她不能去的理由 |
[2:09:08] | Yes, there is. I wouldn’t like it. | 有 因为我不喜欢 |
[2:09:10] | You want her along? | 你要她去? |
[2:09:12] | – I want things that don’t matter not to. – Tell her no, do it for me. | -我不要惹起无谓纷扰 -为了我 跟她说”不” |
[2:09:15] | Then what else would it be? | 那你还要什么吗? |
[2:09:17] | Why is your freedom more important than mine? | 为什么你的自由就比我的重要? |
[2:09:19] | It isn’t. And I’ve never interfered with your freedom. | 没有 而且我也从未 干涉你的自由 |
[2:09:22] | I’m not allowed to need you or rely on you… | 我不能去需要你或依靠你 |
[2:09:25] | or expect anything from you! I’m free to leave! | 或期望你 我可以自由离去 |
[2:09:29] | – But I need you. – You don’t need me. | -但我真的需要你 -你不需要我的 |
[2:09:31] | If I die will you die? You don’t need me. | 如果我死你也会死吗? |
[2:09:34] | You confuse need with want. You always have. | 你将”需要”与”要”混淆了 你一向如此 |
[2:09:37] | In your world, there would be no love at all. | 在你的世界里完全没有爱了 |
[2:09:40] | Or the best kind. The one we wouldn’t have to prove! | 或是最完美的爱 那种不必去证明的爱 |
[2:09:42] | You’d live on the moon then. | 那你住到月亮上好了 |
[2:09:43] | Why? Because I won’t do it your way? | 就因为我不顺从你的意愿? |
[2:09:45] | Are we assuming there is one proper way to do this? | 难道每件事情就只有 一个合理的处理方式吗? |
[2:09:48] | Do you think I care about Felicity? – No. | -你认为我在乎菲莉熙吗? -不 |
[2:09:50] | Do you think I’ll be involved with her? | 你认为我会与她交往吗? |
[2:09:56] | – No. – Then there’s no reason for this, is there? | -不会 -那就没有任何理由 不是吗? |
[2:09:58] | If she’s not important why won’t you give it up? | 如果她不重要 你为何不放弃? |
[2:10:04] | I have learned a thing that you haven’t. | 我学到了件你不懂的事 |
[2:10:07] | There are some things worth having… | 世上有些值得拥有的东西… |
[2:10:11] | but they come at a price, and I want to be one of them. | 要得到就得付出代价 而我要成为这种值得拥有的东西 |
[2:10:17] | I won’t allow it. | 我不允许 |
[2:10:22] | You have no idea the effect that language has on me. | 你不知道那些话对我影响有多大 |
[2:10:25] | I used to think there was nothing you really wanted… | 我原以为 世上没有你真正要的东西 |
[2:10:28] | but that’s not it, is it? | 但那不对 |
[2:10:30] | You want to have it all. | 你全部都要 |
[2:10:38] | I’m going to Samburu and she can come or not. | 我要去珊布卢 不管她来不来 |
[2:10:47] | Then you’ll be living elsewhere. | 那你就搬到别地方去 |
[2:10:57] | All right. | 好 |
[2:11:38] | Is there a prince in there? | 你里面是个白马王子吗? |
[2:11:58] | I think that you had better get up. | 我想你最好起床 |
[2:12:00] | What? | 什么? |
[2:12:01] | You had better get up. I think that God is coming. | 你最好起床 我想上帝降临了 |
[2:13:01] | All gone. | 全完了 |
[2:13:07] | All gone. | 全完了 |
[2:13:21] | – How did it start? – I think God had a hand in it. | -火怎么起的? -我想是天意 |
[2:13:24] | He gave me my best crop ever and then he remembered. | 祂给了我最好的收成 然后祂想起来了 |
[2:13:28] | – Insurance? – That’s for pessimists. | -有保险吗? -那是给悲观主义者的 |
[2:13:31] | – Where’s Denys? – Who knows. | -丹尼斯呢? -谁知道呢 |
[2:13:37] | It doesn’t matter. The Baroness is broke. | 不重要了 男爵夫人破产了 |
[2:13:42] | It’s over. | 完了 |
[2:13:44] | I’ve got to find some land before I go for my Kikuyu. | 在我走之前 我得帮克库由人找块地 |
[2:13:48] | You have trouble enough. | 你已经够多麻烦了 |
[2:13:49] | Just a chunk somewhere so they can stay all together. | 只要随便一块 他们能住在一起的地 |
[2:13:55] | We’re just out of coffee, but I can give you tea. | 我们咖啡刚用完 但我可以给您泡茶 |
[2:14:01] | There is no arable land that size outside the reserve. | 在保留区外没有那么大的可耕地了 |
[2:14:05] | And if there were, we’d not put natives on it. | 即使有 我们也不让土著住 |
[2:14:07] | Since it’s theirs… | 这是他们的… |
[2:14:08] | It belongs to the Crown. What you want is quite impossible. | 这属于英国皇家的 你的要求是不可能的 |
[2:14:13] | It always is. Who must I see next? | 总是如此 我需要再找谁? |
[2:14:17] | You’ve run through us all, I’m afraid. | 恐怕你已经见了我们所有人 |
[2:14:20] | We have a new governor, haven’t we? | 我们还有个新总督 不是吗? |
[2:14:22] | Sir Joseph. He hasn’t arrived yet. | 约瑟爵士 他还没到任 |
[2:14:25] | But will soon, I’m told. | 我听说很快 |
[2:14:28] | You do still ask me to things. | 你还邀我参加社交活动 |
[2:14:31] | – Captain Jacques Llewllyn. – Your servant, sir. | -杰克理维林队长 -为您效劳 |
[2:14:36] | The Honorable Hugh Chomondeley, Lord Delamere. | 休周曼德利阁下 德拉米阁下 |
[2:14:40] | – Your servant, sir. – Lady Delamere. | -为您效劳 -德拉米小姐 |
[2:14:47] | – Commissioner. – Baroness. | -地区长官 -男爵夫人 |
[2:14:49] | The Baroness Von Blixen. | 伯利森男爵夫人 |
[2:14:52] | I’m sorry to know that Kenya will be losing you. | 听说肯亚要失去你 我很遗憾 |
[2:14:55] | – You have heard of my trouble then? – Yes, I regret it. | -那你听到了我的遭遇? -是的 很遗憾 |
[2:15:00] | Do you know of my problem now? | 你晓得我现在的问题吗? |
[2:15:04] | – This land you want from us… – Will you help me? | -你向我们要的地… -你会帮我吗? |
[2:15:09] | That’s quite difficult. | 那有困难 |
[2:15:15] | Get up, Baroness, please. | 请起来 |
[2:15:19] | Kenya is a hard country for women. | 肯亚对女人而言很困难 |
[2:15:23] | So there is a chivalry here of a sort. | 这还有些骑士道义存在 |
[2:15:26] | You are a powerful man and I’ve no one else to turn to. | 你是个有权的人 而我已投诉无门了 |
[2:15:29] | Let’s discuss this the proper way. | 让我们适当的讨论 |
[2:15:31] | You mustn’t be embarrassed. I’ve lost everything. | 你不要觉得难堪 我已失去所有的了 |
[2:15:34] | – It costs me very little to beg you. – Wait. | -我来求你没什么大不了 -等一下 |
[2:15:38] | Give her a moment, please? | 请给她点时间? |
[2:15:51] | This land was theirs. | 这地是他们的 |
[2:15:53] | We took it and now they’ve nowhere else to go. | 我们夺去了而现在他们无处可去 |
[2:15:56] | I’ll look into it. We’ll do the best we can. | 我会调查 我们会尽所能 |
[2:16:01] | May I have your word? | 你能承诺吗? |
[2:16:08] | You have mine. | 你有我的承诺 |
[2:16:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[2:16:23] | I hope you will be happy here. I was. | 我希望你在此愉快 我曾愉快过 |
[2:16:29] | I’m sorry I won’t know you. | 很遗憾我不能认识你 |
[2:16:45] | I didn’t hear it until I got to the border. | 我到边界才听到这消息 |
[2:16:48] | It seems I’ll do almost anything to get your attention. | 似乎我要尽一切才能博取你的关心 |
[2:16:57] | I’ve nearly got you packed. | 我差不多替你打包好了 |
[2:17:06] | My poor family. | 我可怜的家人 |
[2:17:08] | I’ve got them near bankrupt, now I have to ask them for more money. | 我几乎让他们破产 现在还得向他们要更多钱 |
[2:17:12] | Let me help you. | 我来帮你 |
[2:17:16] | You would keep me then? | 那你要收容我? |
[2:17:23] | I want to be worth something now. | 我现要成为有价值的人 |
[2:17:27] | What will you do? | 你要怎么办? |
[2:17:30] | After my rummage sale, leave. | 我在拍卖之后离开 |
[2:17:33] | Friday for Mombasa, and then the boat to Denmark. | 星期五到蒙巴萨 然后搭船回丹麦 |
[2:17:56] | Thank you, Denys. | 谢谢你 |
[2:18:08] | You must have them ready to leave before the rains. | 你必须让他们在雨季前 准备好离开 |
[2:18:11] | It is good land, enough for all, but they must not fight about it… | 那是块好地 够所有人用 大家千万不要争… |
[2:18:15] | or be any trouble to the authorities, do you understand? | 也不能给官方惹麻烦 你知道… |
[2:18:18] | – Or they will lose it. – Yes. | -要不他们会失去那块地 -是 |
[2:18:20] | You must make them understand that I will not be here… | 你得让他们了解 我不会在此… |
[2:18:25] | to speak for them. | 替他们说话 |
[2:18:27] | – This land is far? – By Dagoretti. Not too far. | -这地远吗? -靠近多革瑞迪 不太远 |
[2:18:35] | How can it be now? With me and yourself? | 现在怎么办? 就我跟你? |
[2:18:40] | You will have some money. Enough, I think. | 你会有点钱 我想 足够的 |
[2:18:43] | I do not speak of money. | 我不是说钱 |
[2:18:50] | Do you remember how it was on safari? | 你记得以前狩猎旅行时是怎样的? |
[2:18:54] | In the afternoons I would send you ahead to look for a camp? | 在下午我会派你前去找块营地? |
[2:18:58] | And you would wait for me. | 而你会等我 |
[2:19:00] | And you can see the fire and come to this place. | 你会看到火而找到地方 |
[2:19:07] | Yes. | 对 |
[2:19:11] | It will be like that. | 我们会像那样 |
[2:19:15] | Only this time I will go ahead and wait for you. | 只是这次我会先走 然后等你 |
[2:19:21] | It is far where you are going? | 你要去的地方远吗? |
[2:19:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[2:19:30] | You must make this fire very big… | 那你得生个很大的火… |
[2:19:34] | so I can find you. | 我才能找到你 |
[2:19:43] | Take that out to the lawn. | 将那拿到草坪上 |
[2:20:26] | Have you had dinner? | 你吃过晚餐了? |
[2:20:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[2:20:40] | I’ve packed your things. | 我打包好了你的东西 |
[2:20:42] | I thought I would send them on to the club. | 我想将它们送到俱乐部 |
[2:20:44] | Is that all right? | 那样好吗? |
[2:21:01] | Juma. | 朱玛 |
[2:21:08] | This wasn’t a very good idea. | 这从来就不是个好主意 |
[2:21:23] | I think we should have had it this way all the time. | 我想我们早就该一直这样 |
[2:21:28] | I don’t know. I was beginning to like your things. | 不一定 我才开始喜欢你的东西 |
[2:21:34] | And I was beginning to like living without them. | 而我也才开始喜欢 过没有它们的生活 |
[2:21:47] | You’ve ruined it for me, you know? | 你把我搞砸了 你知道吗? |
[2:21:50] | Ruined what? | 搞砸了什么? |
[2:21:56] | Being alone. | 独处 |
[2:22:01] | Have I? | 我有吗? |
[2:22:09] | I’d like to come with you to Mombasa. | 我想与你一起去蒙巴萨 |
[2:22:15] | Can I fly you there? | 我开飞机载你去? |
[2:22:18] | Aren’t you going away again? | 你不再离开了? |
[2:22:21] | I have some things to do tomorrow at Tsavo, but I’ll be back on Friday. | 我明天在查佛有些事 但我星期五会回来 |
[2:22:27] | Will that be all right? | 那样可以吗? |
[2:22:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[2:22:38] | I’ve got this little thing that I’ve learned to do lately. | 近来我学会了这件小事 |
[2:22:43] | When it gets so bad and I think… | 当情况恶劣到我认为… |
[2:22:48] | I can’t go on… | 我无法支撑时… |
[2:22:50] | I try to make it worse. | 我让它变得更糟 |
[2:22:54] | I make myself think about our camp on the river. | 我会想起我们在河边的营地 |
[2:23:01] | And Berkeley. | 以及伯克莱 |
[2:23:05] | And the first time that you took me flying. | 以及第一次你带我飞行 |
[2:23:10] | How good it all was. | 这些往事多美好 |
[2:23:16] | And when I’m certain that I can’t stand it… | 而当我确定再也撑不下去了… |
[2:23:20] | I go one moment more… | 我再多撑片刻… |
[2:23:25] | and then I know I can bear anything. | 这时我就知道我能承受任何事了 |
[2:23:32] | Would you like to help me? | 你愿帮我吗? |
[2:23:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[2:23:47] | Come dance with me then. | 那过来跟我跳舞 |
[2:24:37] | You were right, you know. The farm never did belong to me. | 你说的对 那农场从来就没有属于我 |
[2:24:45] | I may have been wrong. | 我可能是错误的 |
[2:24:48] | I had a farm in Africa. | 我在非洲曾有座农场 |
[2:24:54] | – Friday? – Yes. | -星期五? -好 |
[2:26:32] | Hello, Bror. | 哈罗 伯若 |
[2:26:34] | Hello. | 哈罗 |
[2:26:42] | Would you like a drink? | 你要喝点酒? |
[2:26:47] | Please. | 好的 |
[2:27:08] | Denys has been killed. | 丹尼斯已经死了 |
[2:27:12] | His plane crashed at Tsavo. | 他的飞机在查佛坠毁 |
[2:27:36] | There was a fire. | 一阵大火 |
[2:27:51] | Can I take you into town? | 要我带你进城吗? |
[2:27:57] | Why did they send you? | 他们为什么派你来? |
[2:28:02] | I thought I should. | 我认为我应该来 |
[2:28:12] | My God, you’re brave. | 我的天 你真勇敢 |
[2:28:53] | “The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon at night. | 白天的太阳 及夜晚的月亮不会责打你 |
[2:28:57] | “The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil. | 主会保护你免于恶魔伤害 |
[2:29:00] | “He shall preserve thy soul. | 祂会保护你的灵魂 |
[2:29:02] | “The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in. | 主会保护你出去及进入 |
[2:29:06] | “From this time forth and even forevermore.” | “从现在直到永远” |
[2:29:09] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[2:29:37] | “The time you won your town the race | 那时你替故乡赢得竞赛 |
[2:29:41] | “We chaired you through the market-place | 我们穿越市街沿路欢呼… |
[2:29:45] | “Man and boy stood cheering by | 大人小孩站立鼓掌… |
[2:29:47] | “And home we brought you shoulder-high | 我们将你抬在肩上荣归 |
[2:29:53] | “Smart lad, to slip betimes away | 聪明的家伙 |
[2:29:57] | “From fields where glory does not stay | 从那不再荣耀的战场迅捷的溜走… |
[2:30:02] | “And early though the laurel grows | 桂花虽开的早… |
[2:30:05] | “It withers quicker than a rose. | 但却比玫瑰先凋谢… |
[2:30:09] | “Now you will not swell the rout Of lads that wore their honors out | 你再也听不见那群荣耀已逝的家伙 |
[2:30:15] | “Runners whom renown outran | 世上最快的名赛跑者… |
[2:30:19] | “And the name died before the man | 其名亦将先他而逝… |
[2:30:25] | “And round that early-laurelled head | 所有先前的死者… |
[2:30:28] | “Will flock to gaze the strengthless dead | 都会聚集来看这无力的死者 |
[2:30:33] | “And find unwithered on its curls | 而在他头上… |
[2:30:39] | “A garland | 有个花环… |
[2:30:47] | “briefer than a girl’s” | “但随即凋萎” |
[2:31:07] | Now take back the soul of Denys George Finch Hatton… | 今天主要召回你曾与我们分享过的 |
[2:31:13] | whom you have shared with us. | 丹尼斯芬齐哈顿的灵魂 |
[2:31:17] | He brought us joy… | 他曾带给我们欢乐… |
[2:31:21] | and we loved him well. | 我们也深爱他 |
[2:31:27] | He was not ours. | 他不是我们的… |
[2:31:32] | He was not mine. | 他也不是我的 |
[2:32:45] | If I know a song of Africa… | 如果我要作一首非洲之歌… |
[2:32:49] | of the giraffe… | 会是有长颈鹿… |
[2:32:51] | and the African new moon lying on her back… | 及它背上的那一弯非洲新月… |
[2:32:56] | of the ploughs in the fields… | 及田里的犁… |
[2:32:59] | and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers… | 还有那些采咖啡人 流满汗水的脸庞… |
[2:33:04] | does Africa know a song of me? | 非洲知道我的歌吗? |
[2:33:09] | Will the air over the plain quiver… | 草原上的空气 |
[2:33:12] | with a color that I have had on? | 是否会为我曾穿戴的色彩而颤动? |
[2:33:17] | Or will the children invent a game in which my name is? | 或者孩子们是否会发明一种 以我的名字为名的游戏? |
[2:33:24] | Or the full moon throw a shadow over the gravel of the drive… | 或是一轮明月在碎石车道上 撒下一片阴影… |
[2:33:30] | that was like me? | 就像我一样? |
[2:33:33] | Or will the eagles of the Ngong Hills look out for me? | 或是能岗岭上的老鹰会来找我吗? |
[2:33:50] | You cannot come where I’m going. | 你不能跟我去 |
[2:33:53] | There is no cooking where you are going? | 你要去的地方不用煮饭吗? |
[2:33:57] | You would not like it there. | 你不会喜欢那里的 |
[2:34:00] | You must trust me about this. | 这点你要信任我 |
[2:34:24] | Letters you can send on to this address in Denmark. | 你可以把信寄到丹麦的这个住址 |
[2:34:28] | When you sell the car, if you would send the check to Hunter & Company… | 当你卖了车 请将支票及其他任何… |
[2:34:31] | and anything else you don’t know what to do with. | 无法处理的东西 寄给汉特公司 |
[2:34:34] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 |
[2:34:38] | Baroness. | 男爵夫人 |
[2:34:39] | I’ve been sent to ask if we may stand you a drink. | 他们要我来问 我们是否可以敬你一杯? |
[2:34:43] | Who is “we”? | “我们”是谁? |
[2:34:45] | The members actually. | 俱乐部的会员 |
[2:34:51] | All right. | 好吧 |
[2:35:09] | Whiskey, please. | 请来杯威士忌 |
[2:35:12] | Two whiskeys, please. | 请来两杯威士忌 |
[2:35:36] | Baroness. | 男爵夫人 |
[2:35:39] | Rose-lipt maidens, lightfoot lads. | 醇酒如美人 佳酿似少年 |
[2:35:43] | Hear, hear! | 干杯 |
[2:35:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[2:36:04] | This is very dear to me. | 这对我意义深刻 |
[2:36:08] | It has helped me to find my way. | 它会帮我找寻方向 |
[2:36:12] | Thank you, msabu. | 谢谢你 |
[2:36:31] | I want to hear you say my name. | 我想听你叫我的名字 |
[2:36:36] | You are Karen. | 你叫凯伦 |
[2:36:53] | The mail has come today… | 今天信件来了… |
[2:36:55] | and a friend writes this to me.: | 一个朋友信中说… |
[2:36:59] | “The Masai have reported to the district commissioner at Ngong… | 马塞人向能岗的地区长官报告说… |
[2:37:04] | “that many times at sunrise and sunset… | 他们多次在日出及日落时… |
[2:37:09] | “they have seen lions on Finch Hatton’s grave. | 发现狮子聚集在芬齐哈顿的坟上 |
[2:37:15] | “A lion and a lioness have come there… | 一只公狮及一只母狮来到… |
[2:37:18] | “and stood, or lain on the grave for a long time. | 在坟上或站或躺良久 |
[2:37:25] | “After you went away… | 在你走后… |
[2:37:27] | “the ground around the grave was leveled out into a sort of terrace. | 坟墓四周的地被整为梯台 |
[2:37:33] | “I suppose that the level place makes a good site for the lions. | 我想平的地是狮子的好去处 |
[2:37:39] | “From there they have a view over the plain… | 在那里它们可以游戏… |
[2:37:43] | “and the cattle and game on it.” | “了望整个草原及其上的牛群” |
[2:37:49] | Denys will like that. | 丹尼斯会喜欢那样的 |
[2:37:52] | I must remember to tell him. | 我必须记得告诉他 |
[2:37:52] | 凯伦·伯利森在1934年 用艾莎克·丹森的笔名 出版了她的第一本小说 |