英文名称:Pride & Prejudice
年代:2005
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:11] | Lydia! Kitty! | 丽迪雅! 吉蒂! |
[02:50] | My dear Mr Bennet, have you heard? | 我的好老爷班纳特 你听说了吗? |
[02:53] | Netherfield Park is let at last. | 尼日斐花园终于租出去了 |
[02:55] | Do you not want to know who has taken it? | 你难道不想知道是谁租去了吗? |
[02:58] | As you wish to tell me, my dear, | 既然你这么想告诉我 我的好太太 |
[03:01] | I doubt I have any choice in the matter. | 我只能洗耳恭听了 |
[03:09] | Kitty, what have I told you about listening at the door? | 吉蒂 我不是跟你说过吗 不要偷听 |
[03:13] | There’s a Mr Bingley arrived from the North. | 是位从北部来的彬格莱先生 |
[03:16] | – Five thousand a year! – Really? | -一年有五千磅的收入! -真的? |
[03:19] | – He’s single! – Who’s single? | -他是单身汉! -谁是单身汉? |
[03:21] | A Mr Bingley, apparently. Kitty! | 显然是彬格莱先生 吉蒂! |
[03:24] | How can that possibly affect them? | 这关女儿们什么事? |
[03:26] | Mr Bennet, how can you be so tiresome? | 班纳特老爷 你怎么这么讨厌? |
[03:28] | You know he must marry one of them. | 告诉你吧 他一定会娶我们女儿中的一个当太太 |
[03:31] | That is his design in settling here? | 他住到这儿来就是为了这个? |
[03:33] | You must go and visit him at once. | 你得马上去拜访拜访他 |
[03:36] | Good heavens. People. | 天哪 人啊 |
[03:41] | For we may not visit if you do not, as you well know, Mr Bennet. | 要是你不去 叫我们怎么去? 你是知道的 班纳特 |
[03:45] | Are you listening? You never listen. | 你在听我说话吗? 你从来都不听 |
[03:48] | You must, Papa! At once! | 你一定要去 爸爸! 马上! |
[03:50] | There’s no need. I already have. | 没必要 我已经去过了 |
[03:53] | – You have? – When? | -你去过了? -什么时候? |
[03:55] | Oh, Mr Bennet, how can you tease me so? | 噢 班纳特老爷 你怎么能够这样戏弄我? |
[03:59] | Have you no compassion for my poor nerves? | 你就不能体谅体谅我那脆弱的神经吗? |
[04:01] | You mistake me, my dear. I have the highest respect for them. | 你错怪我了 我的好太太 我非常尊重你的神经 |
[04:05] | They’ve been my constant companions these twenty years. | 它们是我20多年的老朋友了 |
[04:08] | Papa! | 爸爸! |
[04:10] | – Is he amiable? – Who? | -他亲切吗? -谁? |
[04:11] | – Is he handsome? – He’s sure to be. | -他帅吗? -那是当然 |
[04:14] | With 5,000 a year, it would not matter if he had warts. | 一年有五千镑的人 就算有什么毛病也没关系啦 |
[04:17] | Who’s got warts? | 谁有毛病? |
[04:19] | I will consent to his marrying whichever girl he chooses. | 我倒想看看他会娶什么样的女孩 |
[04:22] | – So will he come to the ball tomorrow? – I believe so. | -那么他明天也会去舞会吗? -我想是的 |
[04:27] | – Mr Bennet! – I have to have your muslin! | -班纳特老爷! -我要穿你的棉布衣了! |
[04:31] | I’ll lend you my green slippers! | 我会把我的绿拖鞋借给你! |
[04:33] | They were mine. | 那本来就是我的 |
[04:34] | I’ll do your mending for a week. | 我会帮你做一星期的针线活 |
[04:36] | I’ll retrim your new bonnet. | 我会帮你重新装饰你的新帽子 |
[04:38] | Two weeks I’ll do it for. | 那我就帮你做两星期 |
[05:19] | It’s not the same! It’s not the same. | 不一样! 不一样 |
[05:32] | I can’t breathe. | 我快喘不过气了 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1521个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:356个,六级词汇:174个,GRE词汇:219个,托福词汇:272个,考研词汇:357个,专四词汇:344个,专八词汇:68个, 所有生词标注共:673个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:37] | I think one of my toes just came off. | 我连脚趾头都差点给踩掉了 |
[05:47] | If every man does not end the evening in love with you, | 全场男士要是有人没在今晚爱上你 |
[05:51] | then I’m no judge of beauty. | 那我对美丽就没什么好评价的了 |
[05:53] | Or men. | 或者对男士们没什么好评价的了 |
[05:54] | No, they are far too easy to judge. | 不 要评价他们太容易了 |
[05:56] | They’re not all bad. | 他们并不都那么糟糕 |
[05:58] | Humourless poppycocks, in my limited experience. | 以我有限的经历 他们说的都是一本正经的废话 |
[06:01] | One day, someone will catch your eye, | 总有一天 有人入了你的法眼 |
[06:03] | and then you’ll have to watch your tongue. | 到时候你就不会这么口无遮拦了 |
[06:27] | How good of you to come. | 你能来真是太好了 |
[06:28] | Which of the painted peacocks is our Mr Bingley? | 哪一位鲜艳的孔雀是我们的彬格莱先生? |
[06:31] | He’s on the right. On the left is his sister. | 右边的是他 左边的是他的妹妹 |
[06:34] | The person with the quizzical brow? | 长着奇怪眉毛的那个? |
[06:36] | That is his good friend, Mr Darcy. | 那个是他的好朋友达西先生 |
[06:39] | He looks miserable, poor soul. | 他看上去挺痛苦的 可怜的人 |
[06:42] | He may be, but poor he is not. | 他可能痛苦 但并不可怜 |
[06:44] | Tell me. | 说来听听 |
[06:45] | 10000 a year, and he owns half of Derbyshire. | 一年有一万英镑的收入他拥有半个的德贝郡 |
[06:48] | The miserable half. | 这痛苦的半个德贝郡 |
[07:17] | Mr Bennet, you must introduce him to the girls immediately. | 班纳特老爷 你一定要马上把他介绍给你的女儿们 |
[07:23] | Smile at Mr Bingley. Smile. | 朝彬格莱先生微笑 微笑 |
[07:41] | Mary. | 曼丽 |
[07:43] | Mr Bingley, my eldest daughter you know. | 彬格莱先生 我的长女 你已经认识 |
[07:47] | Mrs Bennet, Miss Jane Bennet, | 班纳特太太 吉英·班纳特小姐 |
[07:49] | Elizabeth and Miss Mary Bennet. | 伊丽莎白还有曼丽·班纳特小姐 |
[07:51] | It is a pleasure. | 很荣幸见到你们 |
[07:53] | I have two others, but they’re already dancing. | 我还有两个女儿 不过她们在跳舞 |
[07:55] | I’m delighted to make your acquaintance. | 我很高兴能与你们相识 |
[07:58] | And may I introduce Mr Darcy | 请允许我向你们介绍达西先生 |
[08:00] | of Pemberley in Derbyshire. | 他来自德贝郡的彭伯里庄园 |
[08:23] | How do you like it here in Hertfordshire? | 你喜欢赫特福德郡吗? |
[08:25] | Very much. | 很喜欢 |
[08:27] | The library at Netherfield, I’ve heard, is one of the finest. | 尼日斐的图书馆 我听说是最好的图书馆之一 |
[08:31] | It fills me with guilt. I’m not a good reader. | 这真让我深感惭愧 我不是一个好的读者 |
[08:34] | I prefer being out of doors. | 我更喜欢户外运动 |
[08:35] | Oh, I mean, I can read, of course. | 噢 我是说 我能读书 当然 |
[08:38] | And I’m not suggesting you can’t read out of doors. | 我可不建议你在户外读书哦 |
[08:42] | I wish I read more, | 我非常希望我能多读点书 |
[08:43] | but there seem to be so many other things to do. | 但是总有这样那样的事情要做 |
[08:46] | That’s exactly what I meant. | 对 我就是这个意思 |
[08:51] | Mama, Mama! You will never, ever believe what we’re about to tell you. | 妈妈 妈妈! 你肯定不会相信我们要说的事 |
[08:55] | – Tell me! – She’s going to take the veil. | -说啊! -她一定会掩饰 |
[08:58] | – The regiment are coming! – Officers? | -军团要来了! -军官们? |
[09:01] | They’re going to be stationed the whole winter, right here. | 他们整个冬天将驻扎在这里 就在这里哦! |
[09:04] | – Officers? – As far as the eye can see. | -军官们? -长期驻扎哦 |
[09:13] | Oh, look. Jane’s dancing with Mr Bingley. | 噢 瞧 吉英在和彬格莱先生在跳舞 |
[09:17] | Mr Bennet. | 班纳特老爷 |
[09:33] | Do you dance, Mr Darcy? | 你想跳舞吗 达西先生? |
[09:35] | Not if I can help it. | 不想 不过如果你想跳的话我可以奉陪 |
[09:56] | I didn’t know you were coming to see me. What’s the matter? | 我不知道你会来这看我 出什么事了? |
[09:59] | We are a long way from Grosvenor Square, are we not, | 我们从罗夫纳酒店千里迢迢赶来的就为这? |
[10:04] | Mr Darcy? | 达西先生? |
[10:05] | I’ve never seen so many pretty girls. | 我生平没见过今天晚上这么多可爱的姑娘们 |
[10:07] | You were dancing with the only handsome girl. | 舞场上唯一的美女在跟你跳舞 |
[10:10] | She is the most beautiful creature I have ever beheld. | 她是我这辈子见过的最美丽的尤物 |
[10:13] | But her sister Elizabeth is agreeable. | 不过她妹妹伊丽莎白也很讨人喜欢啊 |
[10:16] | Perfectly tolerable. | 她长得还行 |
[10:18] | Not handsome enough to tempt me. | 不过也没漂亮到让我动心的地步 |
[10:19] | Return to your partner and enjoy her smiles. | 你还是回到你的舞伴身边去欣赏她的笑脸吧 |
[10:22] | You’re wasting your time with me. | 犯不着把时间浪费在我的身上 |
[10:29] | Count your blessings, Lizzie. | 往好的一面想 伊丽莎白 |
[10:30] | If he liked you, you’d have to talk to him. | 他要是喜欢你 你就得和他聊天啦 |
[10:33] | Precisely. | 说得是 |
[10:35] | I wouldn’t dance with him for all of Derbyshire, | 就算他拥有整个德贝郡 我也不愿意和他跳舞 |
[10:38] | Iet alone the miserable half. | 何况他只拥有半个而已 |
[11:43] | Wait! | 等等! |
[12:01] | I enjoyed that so much, Miss Lucas. | 我很喜欢这里 卢卡斯小姐 |
[12:04] | How well you dance, Mr Bingley. | 你跳得真好 彬格莱先生 |
[12:07] | I’ve never enjoyed a dance so much. | 我从没跳得这么尽兴 |
[12:09] | My daughter Jane is a splendid dancer, is she not? | 我女儿吉英的舞跳得很不错 对吧? |
[12:12] | She is indeed. | 她确实跳得很好 |
[12:15] | Your friend Miss Lucas is a most amusing young woman. | 你的朋友卢卡斯小姐 是个非常风趣的年轻女士 |
[12:19] | Oh, yes, I adore her. | 噢 是啊 我可喜欢她了 |
[12:20] | – It is a pity she’s not more handsome. – Mama! | -可惜的是她不够漂亮 -妈妈! |
[12:25] | Oh, but Lizzie would never admit that she’s plain. | 噢 但是伊丽莎白绝不会承认她相貌平平 |
[12:28] | Of course, it’s my Jane who’s considered the beauty of the county. | 当然啦 我的吉英才是这个郡最漂亮的可人儿 |
[12:33] | Mama, please! | 妈妈 求求你! |
[12:34] | When she was 15, a gentleman was so much in love with her, | 她15岁那年 就有位绅士深深地爱上了她 |
[12:37] | I was sure he would make her an offer. | 我敢肯定他会向她求婚 |
[12:40] | However, he did write her some very pretty verses. | 无论如何 他是写过不少可爱的诗给她 |
[12:43] | And that put paid to it. | 不过也就到此为止了 |
[12:45] | I wonder who discovered the power of poetry in driving away love. | 我真惊讶 是谁发现了诗还有熄灭爱情的力量 |
[12:48] | I thought poetry was the food of love. | 我还以为诗能滋养爱情呢 |
[12:50] | Of a fine, stout love. | 对坚定的爱情确实如此 |
[12:52] | But if it is only a vague inclination, | 但是如果只是暧昧的喜好 |
[12:53] | one poor sonnet will kill it. | 一首蹩脚的十四行诗就能轻易毁了它 |
[12:56] | So, what do you recommend to encourage affection? | 那么 你推荐用什么来激发爱情呢? |
[13:00] | Dancing. Even if one’s partner is barely tolerable. | 跳舞 即使舞伴长得也就是还行而已 |
[13:28] | Mr Bingley is just what a young man ought to be. | 彬格莱先生真是位典型的好青年 |
[13:32] | Sensible, good-humoured… | 有见识 有趣味.. |
[13:34] | Handsome, conveniently rich… | 英俊 非常富有… |
[13:35] | Marriage should not be driven by thoughts of money. | 婚姻不应该以金钱为出发点 |
[13:38] | Only deep love will persuade me to marry. | 我只会为真挚的爱而结婚 |
[13:41] | Which is why I’ll end up an old maid. | 所以我势必成为一位老姑娘 |
[13:43] | Do you really believe he liked me? | 你真的认为他喜欢我吗? |
[13:46] | He danced with you most of the night, | 他几乎整晚都在和你跳舞 |
[13:47] | and stared at you the rest. | 没跳的时候 眼睛也一刻不离开你 |
[13:49] | I give you leave to like him. You’ve liked many stupider. | 我不反对你喜欢他 反正你以前也喜欢过不少蠢货 |
[13:53] | You’re a great deal too apt to like people in general. | 你也太容易对人产生好感了 |
[13:56] | All the world is good in your eyes. | 在你眼里 天下都是好人 |
[13:58] | Not his friend. | 他的朋友可不算好人 |
[13:59] | I still can’t believe what he said about you. | 我到现在都不敢相信他居然那么说你 |
[14:02] | Mr Darcy? | 达西先生? |
[14:04] | I’d more easily forgive his vanity | 要不是他伤了我的虚荣心 |
[14:06] | had he not wounded mine. | 我对他的虚荣倒还蛮理解的 |
[14:09] | But no matter. I doubt we shall ever speak again. | 不过不用担心 恐怕我们再也不会交谈了 |
[14:43] | He danced with Miss Lucas. | 他和卢卡斯小姐跳舞了 |
[14:46] | We were all there, dear. | 我们都在那看到了 我的好太太 |
[14:48] | It is a shame she’s not more handsome. | 真可惜她不够漂亮 |
[14:50] | There’s a spinster in the making and no mistake. | 看来她注定要成为老处女了 |
[14:53] | The fourth with a Miss King of little standing, | 第四支舞是和金小姐跳的 |
[14:56] | and the fifth again with Jane. | 第五支又是跟吉英跳的 |
[14:58] | If he had any compassion, he would’ve sprained his ankle. | 要是他稍许体谅我一点 他真该把脚给扭了才好 |
[15:02] | The way you carry on, | 你说得倒轻巧 |
[15:03] | you’d think our girls look forward to a grand inheritance. | 也不想想 我们女儿只能指望继承一千镑的遗产 |
[15:06] | When you die, which may be very soon, | 你去世之时 这可是说来就来的事儿 |
[15:09] | they will be left without a roof over their head | 到时候他们不会给我们留一片瓦 |
[15:11] | nor a penny to their name. | 他们会拿走他们名下的每个子儿 |
[15:13] | Please, it’s ten in the morning. | 拜托 现在才早上十点 |
[15:15] | A letter to Miss Bennet, ma’am. | 给班纳特小姐的信 夫人 |
[15:17] | From Netherfield Hall. | 从尼日斐庄园寄出的 |
[15:21] | Praise the Lord. We are saved! | 赞美上帝 我们有救了! |
[15:25] | Make haste, Jane, make haste. Oh, happy day! | 快 吉英 快 噢 多么愉快的一天啊! |
[15:31] | It is from Caroline Bingley. | 卡罗琳·彬格莱写来的 |
[15:34] | She has invited me to dine with her. | 她邀请我和她共进晚餐 |
[15:39] | – Her brother will be dining out. – Dining out? | -她哥哥要出去吃饭 -出去吃饭? |
[15:42] | – Can I take the carriage? – Let me see. | -我能用马车吗? -我想想 |
[15:44] | It is too far to walk. | 那太远了走不过去的 |
[15:46] | This is unaccountable of him. | 他没道理这么做呀 |
[15:48] | Mama, the carriage for Jane? | 妈妈 为吉英准备马车? |
[15:52] | Certainly not. She’ll go on horseback. | 当然不 她要骑马去 |
[15:56] | Horseback! | 骑马! |
[16:14] | Lizzie. | 伊丽莎白 |
[16:16] | Now she’ll have to stay the night, exactly as I predicted. | 这下她得在那留宿了 不出我所料 |
[16:20] | Good grief, woman, your skills in the art of matchmaking | 天哪 老婆子 你做媒的技巧 |
[16:23] | are positively occult. | 简直出神入化 |
[16:25] | Though I don’t think, Mama, you can take credit for making it rain. | 不过 妈妈 你连呼风唤雨也会啊 |
[16:35] | “My friends will not hear of me returning home until I am better. | “除非我好了些 不然朋友们不会让我回家 |
[16:38] | Excepting a sore throat, a fever and a headache, nothing is wrong with me.” | 除了喉咙发炎 发烧 头痛 我都挺好的” |
[16:42] | If Jane does die it | 吉英要是因此送了命 |
[16:44] | will be a comfort to know it was in pursuit of Mr Bingley. | 知道她这是听你的话去追彬格莱 也算是个安慰 |
[16:48] | People do not die of colds. | 哪有小感冒就送命的道理 |
[16:50] | But she may perish with the shame of having such a mother. | 但她会因为有这么一个母亲而羞愧死 |
[16:55] | I must go to Netherfield at once. | 我必须立刻去尼日斐 |
[17:11] | Lady Bathurst is redecorating her ballroom in the French style. | 巴瑟斯特夫人正在按照法国风格重新装修舞厅 |
[17:16] | A little unpatriotic, don’t you think? | 有点不爱国 你不觉得吗? |
[17:22] | Miss Elizabeth Bennet. | 伊丽莎白·班纳特小姐到 |
[17:38] | Good Lord, did you walk here? | 天哪 你是走着来的吗? |
[17:41] | I did. | 是的 |
[17:50] | I’m so sorry. How is my sister? | 真抱歉打扰了 我姐姐怎么样了? |
[17:53] | She’s upstairs. | 她在楼上 |
[17:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:08] | My goodness, did you see her hem? Six inches deep in mud. | 天哪 你看到她的裙摆没? 足足有6英寸的泥浆 |
[18:13] | She looked positively mediaeval. | 她看上去像从中世纪来的 |
[18:15] | I feel such a terrible imposition. They’re being so kind to me. | 我觉得很不好意思 他们对我都非常好 |
[18:20] | I don’t know who is more pleased at your being here, | 不知道他俩谁更高兴看到你在这 |
[18:23] | Mama or Mr Bingley. | 是妈妈还是彬格莱先生呢? |
[18:31] | Thank you for tending to my sister so diligently. | 谢谢你们对我姐姐的精心照顾 |
[18:33] | She’s in far better comfort than at home. | 她在这比在家要舒服多了 |
[18:36] | It’s a pleasure. | 乐意之至 |
[18:38] | I mean, it’s not a pleasure that she’s ill. Of course not. | 我不是说我乐意她生病 当然不是 |
[18:42] | It’s a pleasure that she’s here, being ill. | 我乐意的是她在这生病了 |
[18:49] | Not going to be famous, our pig. | 人怕出名猪怕壮啊 |
[18:51] | Black on the back, but not related to the learned pig of Norwich. | 后背是黑色 但是和诺里奇的猪没任何关系 |
[18:55] | – Now that pig is… – Mr Bennet. | -现在那猪… -班纳特老爷 |
[18:58] | It’s all going to plan. He’s half in love with her already. | 计划进行得一帆风顺 他已经几乎爱上她了 |
[19:02] | – Who is, blossom? – Mr Bingley. | -谁 布洛申? -彬格先莱生 |
[19:04] | He doesn’t mind that she hasn’t a penny. | 他不在乎她一文不名 |
[19:06] | He has more than enough for the two of them. | 他的钱足够他们俩用的 |
[19:09] | – How will we meet them? – Easy! | -我们怎么结识他们? -好办! |
[19:11] | Wait for me! | 等等我! |
[19:12] | You drop something. They pick it up. | 你把东西掉在地上 他们帮你拾起来 |
[19:15] | And then you’re introduced. | 这样自然就认识了 |
[19:25] | Officers! | 军官! |
[19:59] | You write uncommonly fast, Mr Darcy. | 你写信写得出奇的快啊 达西先生 |
[20:02] | You’re mistaken. I write slowly. | 你这话可说得不对 其实我写得相当慢 |
[20:05] | How many letters you must have occasion to write, Mr Darcy. | 你得写多少封信啊 达西先生? |
[20:08] | Letters of business. How odious I should think them. | 生意上的信 我想你一定很厌烦吧 |
[20:11] | It is fortunate, then, they fall to me and not you. | 幸亏得写这些信的人是我 而不是你 |
[20:14] | Tell your sister I long to see her. | 告诉令妹 我很想和她见见面 |
[20:17] | – I’ve already told her once. – I do dote on her. | -我已经遵命告诉过她了 -我太喜爱她了 |
[20:21] | I was quite in raptures | 她寄来给我装饰桌子的那张美丽的小图案 |
[20:23] | at her beautiful design for a table. | 我喜欢极了 |
[20:24] | Perhaps you will give me leave | 可否请你通融一下 |
[20:25] | to defer your raptures. | 容我下次再代为转达? |
[20:27] | I have not room enough to do them justice. | 这一次我可写不下这么多啦 |
[20:30] | You young ladies are so accomplished. | 你们这些年轻小姐真是多才多艺 |
[20:33] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[20:34] | You paint tables, play the piano | 你们会为桌子作画 会弹钢琴 |
[20:36] | and embroider cushions. | 还能给垫子绣花 |
[20:38] | I never heard of a lady, but people say she’s accomplished. | 我还从没听说过哪位小姐不被称为多才多艺的 |
[20:41] | The word is applied too liberally. | 这个词被过于滥用了 |
[20:44] | I do not know more half a dozen women that are truly accomplished. | 我认识的真正称得上多才多艺的女士不超过6个 |
[20:47] | Nor I. | 我也是 |
[20:49] | Goodness, you must comprehend a great deal in the idea. | 天哪 你对这个概念一定深有体会 |
[20:52] | – I do. – Absolutely. | -是的 -绝对 |
[20:54] | She must have a knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing | 她必须通晓音乐 歌唱 绘画 跳舞 |
[20:58] | and the modern languages to deserve the word. | 以及现代语言 才称得上多才多艺 |
[21:02] | And something in her air and manner of walking. | 还有言谈举止 |
[21:06] | And she must improve her mind by extensive reading. | 她必须通过广泛的阅读来扩展自身视野 |
[21:09] | I’m no longer surprised at your knowing only six accomplished women. | 难怪你只认识6位多才多艺的女士了 |
[21:13] | I wonder at you knowing any. | 我甚至怀疑你一位都不认识 |
[21:14] | Are you so severe on your own sex? | 你对同性的要求这么严格的吗? |
[21:16] | I never saw such a woman. | 我从没见过这样的女士 |
[21:18] | She would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold. | 这样的女士一定令人望而生畏 |
[21:23] | Miss Elizabeth, let us take a turn about the room. | 伊丽莎白小姐 我们在房间里随便走走吧 |
[21:44] | It’s refreshing, is it not, | 这很提神 不是吗 |
[21:45] | after sitting so long in one attitude? | 坐了那么久 走动一下可以提提精神 |
[21:49] | It is a small kind of accomplishment, I suppose. | 我想这也是种小技艺吧 |
[21:52] | Will you not join us, Mr Darcy? | 你不和我们一起走走吗 达西先生? |
[21:55] | You can only have two motives, | 你们的动机不外乎两种 |
[21:56] | and I would interfere with either. | 但我若是一起走的话就有碍于你们 |
[21:58] | What can he mean? | 他这是什么意思? |
[22:00] | The surest way to disappoint him would be to ask him nothing. | 要让他失望的话 最好就是什么也别问他 |
[22:04] | Do tell us, Mr Darcy. | 一定要告诉我们 达西先生 |
[22:09] | Either you are in each other’s confidence | 要么就是 你们俩是心腹之交 |
[22:11] | and you have secret affairs to discuss, | 有些私事要聊聊 |
[22:14] | or you are conscious that your figures | 要么就是你们自以为散起步来 |
[22:16] | appear to the greatest advantage by walking. | 体态特别优美 所以要散散步 |
[22:21] | If the first, | 倘若是出于第一个动机 |
[22:22] | I should get in your way. | 我夹在你们中间就会妨碍你们 |
[22:24] | If the second, | 倘若是出于第二个动机 |
[22:25] | I can admire you much better from here. | 那么我坐在这可以更好地欣赏你们 |
[22:27] | How shall we punish him for such a speech? | 亏他说得出 我们该怎么罚他呀? |
[22:29] | We could laugh at him. | 我们可以取笑他一番 |
[22:31] | No. Mr Darcy is not to be teased. | 不行 达西先生是不能让人笑话的 |
[22:33] | Are you too proud, Mr Darcy? | 你是否太骄傲了些 达西先生? |
[22:36] | And would you consider pride a fault or a virtue? | 你认为骄傲是缺点还是优点? |
[22:38] | – I couldn’t say. – We’re trying to find a fault in you. | -说不好 -我们在试着找出你的缺点 |
[22:42] | I find it hard to forgive | 别人的愚蠢和过错我本应该赶快忘掉 |
[22:44] | the follies and vices of others, | 却偏偏忘不掉 |
[22:45] | or their offences against me. | 人家得罪了我 我也忘不掉 |
[22:47] | My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever. | 我对人一旦失去了好感 就永远没有好感了 |
[22:52] | Oh, dear. I cannot tease you about that. | 噢 天哪 我不能取笑你了 |
[22:56] | What a shame, for I dearly love to laugh. | 真可惜 我很爱取笑人 |
[22:58] | A family trait, I think. | 我想是家族传统吧 |
[23:29] | A Mrs Bennet, a Miss Bennet, a Miss Bennet | 班纳特太太 班纳特三小姐 班纳特四小姐 |
[23:32] | and a Miss Bennet, sir. | 还有班纳特五小姐到 先生 |
[23:34] | Are we to receive every Bennet in the country? | 乡下所有叫班纳特的都来我们家了? |
[23:40] | What an excellent room you have, sir. | 你的屋子多可爱啊 先生 |
[23:44] | Such expensive furnishings. | 家具都这么贵重 |
[23:47] | I do hope you intend to stay here, Mr Bingley. | 我非常希望你能留在这 彬格莱先生 |
[23:51] | Absolutely, I find the country very diverting. Don’t you agree, Darcy? | 当然 我觉得乡村非常的有趣 不是吗 达西? |
[23:56] | I find it perfectly adequate. | 我觉得是够有趣的 |
[23:57] | Even if society is a little less varied than in town. | 虽说乡下碰不到像城里那么多形形色色的人 |
[24:00] | Less varied? Not at all. | 碰不到? 没这回事 |
[24:03] | We dine with four and 20 families | 就我所知 平常跟我们来往吃饭的 |
[24:05] | of all shapes and sizes. | 就有足足二十四家 各色各样 |
[24:07] | Sir William Lucas, for instance, is a very agreeable man. | 例如威廉·卢卡斯爵士就非常和蔼可亲 |
[24:11] | And a good deal less self-important than some people half his rank. | 比起某些爵位还不如他的人 他一点也不妄自尊大 |
[24:15] | Mr Bingley, is it true you will hold a ball here? | 彬格莱先生 你真的要在这举办舞会吗? |
[24:19] | A ball? | 舞会? |
[24:21] | It would be an excellent way to meet new friends. You could invite the militia. | 那将是认识新朋友最好的方式 你可以邀请军人们 |
[24:26] | – Oh, do hold a ball! – Kitty! | -噢 办个舞会吧! -吉蒂! |
[24:28] | When your sister recovers, you shall name the day. | 等你姐姐复元了 由你随便定个日期就行 |
[24:31] | I think a ball is an irrational way to gain new acquaintance. | 我想通过舞会结识新交有点不够理智 |
[24:36] | It would be better if conversation, not dancing, were the order of the day. | 如果时兴聊天而不是跳舞那该多好 |
[24:40] | Indeed, much more rational, but rather less like a ball. | 聊天确实理性得多 不过光聊天的话那还叫舞会么 |
[24:44] | Thank you, Mary. | 谢谢 曼丽 |
[24:47] | What a fine imposing place to be sure, is it not, my dears? | 这地方多么壮观多么大气啊 不是吗 亲爱的? |
[24:52] | There’s no house to equal it in the county. | 全郡再也找不到这么好的房子了 |
[24:55] | – Mr Darcy. – Miss Bennet. | -达西先生 -班纳特小姐 |
[24:57] | – There she is. – I don’t know how to thank you. | -她在那 -我对你感激不尽 |
[25:00] | You’re welcome any time you feel the least bit poorly. | 如果觉得不舒服 尽管来找我好了 |
[25:03] | Thank you for your stimulating company. Most instructive. | 谢谢你有生气的陪伴 让我受益匪浅 |
[25:06] | Not at all. The pleasure is all mine. | 不客气 荣幸之至 |
[25:13] | – Mr Darcy. – Miss Elizabeth. | -达西先生 -伊丽莎白小姐 |
[25:27] | And then there was one with great long lashes, like a cow. | 这时有个很长的鞭子 像母牛一样 |
[25:32] | Ask Mrs Hill to order us a sirloin, Betsy. | 叫希尔太太给我们做牛腩 伊丽莎白 |
[25:35] | Just the one, mind. We’re not made of money. | 注意 只要一块 我们没钱 |
[25:41] | I hope, my dear, you’ve ordered a good dinner today. | 我的好太太 希望你今天的午饭准备得丰盛一些 |
[25:45] | I’ve reason to expect an addition to our family party. | 恐怕今天有客人来 |
[25:49] | His name’s Mr Collins, the dreaded cousin. | 他就是柯林斯先生 那位可怕的堂哥 |
[25:52] | – Who is to inherit? – Everything. | -那个继承人吗? -是啊 继承所有家产 |
[25:55] | Even my piano stool belongs to Mr Collins. | 连我的钢琴凳都是柯林斯先生的 |
[25:58] | When? | 什么时候? |
[25:59] | He may turn us out of the house as soon as he pleases. | 只要他愿意 他随时能把我们撵出这所屋子 |
[26:02] | The estate passes directly to him | 我们家的产业不能留给我们这些可怜的女人 |
[26:04] | and not to us poor females. | 却要让别人来继承 |
[26:11] | Mr Collins, at your service. | 柯林斯先生 愿为你效劳 |
[26:22] | What a superbly featured room and what excellent potatoes. | 多漂亮的房间啊 多漂亮的土豆啊 |
[26:27] | It’s many years since I’ve had such an exemplary vegetable. | 我好多年都没有吃到这样的蔬菜了 |
[26:32] | To which fair cousin should I compliment the excellence of the cooking? | 是哪位堂妹的厨艺如此高超 令我称赞不已? |
[26:36] | We are perfectly able to keep a cook. | 我们还算过得去 还请得起厨子 |
[26:39] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[26:41] | I’m very pleased the estate can afford such a living. | 我非常高兴看到这份产业能供得起如此优越的生活 |
[26:48] | I’m honoured to have | 我三生有幸 |
[26:48] | as my patroness Lady Catherine de Bourgh. | 能有位像凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人那样的女资助人 |
[26:51] | You’ve heard of her, I presume? | 我想你们已经听说她了吧? |
[26:54] | My small rectory abuts her estate, | 我的小教区毗邻她的庄园 |
[26:58] | Rosings Park, and she often condescends | 罗新斯花园 她还常乘她的四轮小马车 |
[27:01] | to drive by my humble dwelling in her little phaeton and ponies. | 拜访我的寒舍 |
[27:07] | Does she have any family? | 她有亲人吗? |
[27:09] | One daughter, the heiress of Rosings | 她有个女儿 将要继承罗新斯 |
[27:11] | and very extensive property. | 还能继承非常可观的一笔遗产呢 |
[27:14] | I’ve often observed to Lady Catherine | 我常对凯瑟琳夫人说 |
[27:16] | that her daughter seemed born to be a duchess, | 她的女儿天生就是公爵夫人的命 |
[27:19] | for she has all the superior graces of elevated rank. | 因为她的气质优雅尊贵 |
[27:25] | These kind of compliments are always acceptable to the ladies, | 这样巧妙的恭维 太太小姐们没有不乐意听的 |
[27:29] | and which I conceive myself particularly bound to pay. | 我总觉得我应该在这方面特别留意 |
[27:34] | How happy for you, Mr Collins, | 真为你高兴 柯林斯先生 |
[27:36] | to possess the talent for flattering with such delicacy. | 你能有这种才能 能够非常巧妙的捧人家的场 |
[27:42] | Do these attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment | 你这种讨人喜欢的奉承话 是灵机一动呢 |
[27:46] | or are they the result of previous study? | 还是老早想好了的? |
[27:48] | They arise from what is passing at the time. | 大半是应景之作 |
[27:51] | And though I do sometimes amuse myself | 不过有时候我也预先想好一些很好的小恭维话 |
[27:54] | with arranging such little compliments, | 平常有机会就拿来应用 |
[27:56] | I always wish to give them as unstudied an air as possible. | 而且临时说的时候总是要装得自然而然 |
[28:00] | Oh, believe me, no one would suspect your manners to be rehearsed. | 相信我 没人想得到你的礼貌竟然是排练过的 |
[28:10] | After dinner, I thought I might read to you for an hour or two. | 我想晚饭后可以给大家读一到两个小时的书 |
[28:14] | I have with me Fordyce’s Sermons | 我随身带着《讲道集》 |
[28:17] | which speak very eloquently on all matters moral. | 这是本关于行为道德的善辩集 |
[28:22] | Are you familiar with Fordyce’s Sermons, Miss Bennet? | 你读过《讲道集》吗 班纳特小姐? |
[28:31] | Mrs Bennet, I have been bestowed by the good grace of Lady Catherine de Bourgh | 班纳特太太 承蒙凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人的厚爱 |
[28:36] | a parsonage of no mean size. | 提拔我担任教区牧师的职位 |
[28:39] | I have become aware of the fact. | 我已经知道了 |
[28:41] | It is my avowed hope that soon I may find a mistress for it. | 我真心希望能尽快给我的牧师住宅找到一位女主人 |
[28:45] | And I have to inform you that the eldest Miss Bennet | 我得告诉你 班纳特大小姐 |
[28:49] | has captured my special attention. | 已经俘获了我的心 |
[28:53] | Oh, Mr Collins. | 噢 柯林斯先生 |
[28:56] | Unfortunately, it is incumbent upon me | 很不幸 我有责任提醒你一下 |
[29:00] | to hint that the eldest Miss Bennet is very soon to be engaged. | 班纳特大小姐很快就要订婚了 |
[29:07] | Engaged. | 订婚 |
[29:08] | But Miss Lizzie, | 但是伊丽莎白小姐 |
[29:09] | next to her in age and beauty, | 无论是年纪还是美貌 比大小姐都只差一步 |
[29:11] | would make anyone an excellent partner. | 她定会是个不错的伴侣 |
[29:14] | Do not you agree? Mr Collins? | 你赞同吗? 柯林斯先生? |
[29:19] | Indeed. Indeed. | 当然 当然 |
[29:23] | A very agreeable alternative. | 一个非常好的备选 |
[29:48] | Mr Collins is a man who makes you despair at the entire sex. | 柯林斯先生会让人对全天下的男人丧失信心 |
[29:51] | Yours, I believe. | 对你确实是 |
[29:53] | Oh, Mr Wickham, how perfect you are. | 韦翰先生 你是多么十全十美阿 |
[29:56] | – He picked up my handkerchief. – Did you drop yours on purpose? | -他捡起我的手帕 -你是故意丢手帕的? |
[29:59] | Mr Wickham is a lieutenant. | 韦翰先生是位陆军中尉 |
[30:01] | An enchanted lieutenant. | 一位丢了魂的陆军中尉 |
[30:02] | What are you up to, Liddy? | 你要干什么 丽迪雅? |
[30:04] | We happened to be looking for ribbon. | 我们碰巧来挑丝带 |
[30:05] | White, for the ball. | 白色的 为舞会准备的 |
[30:07] | Shall we all look for some ribbon together? | 我们能一起挑挑丝带吗? |
[30:13] | Good afternoon, Mr James. | 下午好 詹姆斯先生 |
[30:15] | Miss Lydia, Miss Bennet. | 丽迪雅小姐 班纳特小姐 |
[30:17] | I shan’t even browse. | 我不该来的 |
[30:18] | I can’t be trusted. I have poor taste in ribbons. | 不能指望我 我对丝带毫无鉴赏力 |
[30:21] | Only a truly confident man would admit that. | 只有真正自信的人才会承认这一点 |
[30:24] | No, it’s true. | 不 我说真的 |
[30:25] | And buckles. When it comes to buckles, I’m lost. | 还有皮带扣 对于皮带扣 我也一窍不通 |
[30:29] | – You must be the shame of the regiment. – The laughing stock. | -军团一定以你为耻 -不 是把我当成笑柄 |
[30:32] | What do your superiors do with you? | 你的上级怎么对你呢? |
[30:37] | Ignore me. I’m of next to no importance, so it’s easily done. | 无视我 我几乎毫无价值 所以无视我就很容易 |
[30:42] | Lizzie, lend me some money. | 伊丽莎白 借我点钱 |
[30:44] | You already owe me a fortune. | 你欠我的还没还呢 |
[30:46] | Allow me to oblige. | 请允许我帮个小忙 |
[30:48] | No, Mr Wickham, please… | 不 韦翰先生 不要… |
[30:55] | I insist. | 我坚持 |
[31:01] | – I pity the French. – So do l. | -我真同情那个法国人 -我也是 |
[31:04] | – Look, Mr Bingley. – Mr Bingley! | -瞧 彬格莱先生 -彬格莱先生! |
[31:07] | I was just on my way to your house. | 我正准备去你们家 |
[31:09] | How do you like my ribbons for your ball? | 你喜欢我特地为你的舞会准备的丝带吗? |
[31:13] | Very beautiful. | 非常漂亮 |
[31:14] | She is. Look, she’s blooming. | 确实 瞧 她是那么的光彩照人 |
[31:16] | Oh, Lydia. | 丽迪雅 |
[31:18] | Be sure to invite Mr Wickham. He is a credit to his profession. | 一定要邀请韦翰先生 他是个诚实可靠的人 |
[31:22] | You can’t invite people to other people’s balls. | 你不能邀请人去别人的舞会 |
[31:26] | Of course, you must come, Mr Wickham. | 当然 你一定要来 韦翰先生 |
[31:28] | If you’ll excuse me, ladies, enjoy the day. | 失陪了 小姐们 祝你们过得愉快 |
[31:35] | Do you plan to go to the Netherfield ball, Mr Wickham? | 你打算去尼日斐的舞会吗 韦翰先生? |
[31:39] | Perhaps. How long has Mr Darcy been a guest there? | 也许会去 达西先生在这里做客多久了? |
[31:44] | About a month. | 大概1个月了 |
[31:46] | Forgive me, but are you acquainted with him, with Mr Darcy? | 请原谅我的冒昧 你和达西先生很熟吗? |
[31:52] | Indeed, I’ve been connected with his family since infancy. | 实际上 我从小就和他家里有特别的关系 |
[31:57] | You may well be surprised, given our cold greeting this afternoon. | 你一定很惊讶 下午我们见面时那冷冰冰的样子 |
[32:04] | I hope your plans in favour of Meryton will not be affected | 你既然有意在麦里屯发展 希望你不要 |
[32:08] | by your relations with the gentleman. | 因为你和这位绅士的关系而影响你原来的计划 |
[32:11] | It is not for me to be driven away. | 我才不会让达西先生赶走呢 |
[32:12] | If he wishes to avoid seeing me, he must go, not l. | 要是他不愿意看到我 那该走的是他 而不是我 |
[32:17] | I must ask, what is the manner of your disapproval of Mr Darcy? | 我一定要问问 达西先生的什么行为让你如此不快 |
[32:25] | My father managed his estate. | 我父亲是他家的管家 |
[32:29] | We grew up together, Darcy and I. | 达西和我从小一起长大 |
[32:32] | His father treated me like a second son, | 他的父亲对待我就好像亲儿子一样 |
[32:35] | loved me like a son. | 像疼爱儿子一样的疼爱我 |
[32:38] | We were both with him the day he died. | 他父亲去世的那天 我们一起 |
[32:43] | With his last breath, | 守在他的床前到最后一刻 |
[32:45] | his father bequeathed me the rectory in his estate. | 他父亲的遗嘱上说明把教区牧师职位给我 |
[32:48] | He knew I had my heart set on joining the Church. | 他早就知道我一心想加入教会 |
[32:52] | But Darcy ignored his wishes | 但是达西无视他父亲的遗愿 |
[32:53] | and gave the living to another man. | 把那个牧师职位给了别人 |
[32:55] | – But why? – Jealousy. | -但为什么呢? -嫉妒 |
[33:00] | His father… | 他的父亲… |
[33:03] | Well, he loved me better and Darcy couldn’t stand it. | 唔 他的父亲疼爱我甚过他 达西无法容忍 |
[33:07] | How cruel. | 多么残酷阿 |
[33:08] | So now I’m a poor foot-soldier. | 所以到现在我还是个一贫如洗的士兵 |
[33:10] | Too lowly even to be noticed. | 低微得引不起任何人的注意 |
[33:25] | – Breathe in! – I can’t anymore. You’re hurting. | -摒住呼吸 -我不行了 你弄疼我了 |
[33:33] | Betsy. | 伊丽莎白 |
[33:35] | Betsy! | 伊丽莎白! |
[33:48] | There must’ve been a misunderstanding. | 那一定是个误会 |
[33:50] | Jane, you never think ill of anybody. | 吉英 你从来都不把人往坏处想 |
[33:53] | How could Mr Darcy do such a thing? | 达西先生怎么会做出那样的事情? |
[33:57] | I will discover the truth from Mr Bingley this evening. | 今天晚上我就问问彬格莱先生事情的真相 |
[34:00] | Let Mr Darcy contradict it himself. | 让达西先生自己来辩驳 |
[34:03] | Till he does, I hope never to encounter him. | 除非他解释得通 不然我但愿永远不再见到他 |
[34:05] | Poor, unfortunate, Mr Wickham. | 可怜 不幸的 韦翰先生 |
[34:08] | Wickham is twice the man Darcy is. | 韦翰比达西更像男子汉 |
[34:10] | And, let us hope, a rather more willing dancer. | 但愿他也是个更乐于跳舞的人 |
[34:19] | There they are, look. | 他们在那 瞧 |
[34:21] | – Oh, yes. – Billy. | -噢 是的 -比利 |
[34:30] | Jane, Martin is here. | 吉英 马丁在这里 |
[35:00] | May I say what an immense pleasure it is to see you again. | 能再次见到你真是无比的荣幸 |
[35:03] | – Mrs Bennet. – Miss Bingley. | -班纳特太太 -彬格莱小姐 |
[35:06] | Charming. | 真迷人 |
[35:09] | I’m so pleased you’re here. | 我很高兴你能来 |
[35:11] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[35:14] | And how are you? Miss Elizabeth? Are you looking for someone? | 你还好吗? 伊丽莎白小姐? 你在找人吗? |
[35:19] | No, not at all, I was just admiring the general splendour. | 不 不是 我只是惊叹这里如此光彩壮丽 |
[35:24] | – It is breathtaking, Mr Bingley. – Good. | -令人叹为观止 彬格莱先生 -太好了 |
[35:35] | You might have passed a few pleasantries with Mr Bingley. | 你也许已经和彬格莱先生打趣过了 |
[35:40] | I’ve never met a more pleasant gentleman in all my years. | 我一生从没见过这么令人愉快的绅士 |
[35:44] | Did you see how he dotes on her? | 你看到他多么喜爱她吗? |
[35:47] | Dear Jane, always doing what’s best for her family. | 亲爱的吉英 总是为家人打算 |
[36:09] | – Charlotte! – Lizzie! | -夏洛特! -伊丽莎白! |
[36:11] | Have you seen Mr Wickham? | 你有看到韦翰先生吗? |
[36:14] | No. Perhaps he’s through here. | 没有 可能他来过这 |
[36:28] | Lizzie, Mr Wickham is not here. | 伊丽莎白 韦翰先生不在这 |
[36:30] | Apparently, he’s been detained. | 显然 他被事情耽误了 |
[36:33] | Detained where? He must be here. | 在哪耽误? 他一定在这 |
[36:36] | – There you are. – Mr Collins. | -你在这啊 -柯林斯先生 |
[36:41] | Perhaps you will do me the honour, Miss Elizabeth. | 你能赏脸和我跳舞吗? 伊丽莎白小姐 |
[36:44] | Oh, I did not think you danced, Mr Collins. | 噢 我没想到你会跳舞 柯林斯先生 |
[36:49] | I do not think it incompatible with the office of a clergyman. | 我认为这和牧师的职责不相违背 |
[36:53] | Several people, her Ladyship included, have complimented me | 相反 有些人 包括贵妇人们在内都称赞 |
[36:57] | on my lightness of foot. | 我轻盈的舞步呢 |
[37:25] | Apparently, your Mr Wickham has been called on some business to town. | 显然 你的韦翰先生有事上城里去了 |
[37:33] | Dancing is of little consequence to me, but it does… | 跳舞对我来说影响不大 但是… |
[37:37] | …but it does afford the opportunity to lavish… | 它为慷慨给予了机会… |
[37:45] | … upon one’s partner attentions… | …取决于舞伴的注意力… |
[37:48] | My informer tells me… | 有人告诉我… |
[37:50] | that he would be less inclined to be engaged, were it not for… | 韦翰先生要不是为了要回避这儿的某一位先生 |
[37:55] | …the presence of a certain gentleman. | 决不会这么凑巧 偏偏这个时候因事缺席 |
[37:57] | Which is my primary object. | 谁是我的第一舞伴 |
[38:00] | That gentleman barely warrants the name. | 不用说也知道那位绅士是谁 |
[38:02] | It is my intention, if I may be so bold, | 请恕我冒昧 我是有意为之 |
[38:06] | to remain close to you throughout the evening. | 整晚与你保持亲密 |
[38:23] | May I have the next dance, Miss Elizabeth? | 我能和你跳下一支舞吗? 伊丽莎白小姐 |
[38:25] | You may. | 可以 |
[38:37] | Did I agree to dance with Mr Darcy? | 我居然同意和达西先生跳舞了? |
[38:39] | I dare say you will find him amiable. | 你将来一定会发觉他很讨人喜欢的 |
[38:41] | It would be most inconvenient since I’ve sworn to loathe him for all eternity. | 那一定非常难 因为我发誓一辈子讨厌他 |
[39:02] | – I love this dance. – Indeed. Most invigorating. | -我爱这支舞曲 -确实 非常令人鼓舞 |
[39:09] | It is your turn to say something, Mr Darcy. | 现在该轮到你说点什么啦 达西先生 |
[39:13] | I talked about the dance. | 我既然谈了舞曲 |
[39:15] | Now you ought to remark on the size of the room or the number of couples. | 你就得谈谈舞池的大小以及有多少舞伴之类的问题 |
[39:20] | I’m perfectly happy to oblige. What would you like most to hear? | 乐意遵命 你最想听什么? |
[39:24] | That reply will do for present. | 这个回答眼前也说得过去了 |
[39:30] | Perhaps by and by I may observe | 待一会我或许会谈到 |
[39:32] | that private balls are much pleasanter than public ones. | 私人舞会比公共场所的舞会更好 |
[39:38] | For now, we may remain silent. | 不过 我们现在可以不必作声了 |
[39:49] | Do you talk as a rule while dancing? | 那么说 你跳起舞来照例总得要谈上几句吗? |
[39:52] | No. No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn. | 不 不 我更喜欢不爱交际和沉默 |
[40:00] | Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don’t you think? | 这样会让别人更愉快 你不觉得吗? |
[40:06] | Tell me, do you and your sisters very often walk to Meryton? | 告诉我 你和你的姐妹们经常上麦里屯溜达吗? |
[40:12] | Yes, we often walk to Meryton. | 是的 我们常常去 |
[40:16] | It’s a great opportunity to meet new people. | 那是结识新朋友的好机会 |
[40:21] | When you met us, | 你那天在那儿碰到我们的时候 |
[40:23] | we’d just had the pleasure of forming a new acquaintance. | 我们正在结交一个新朋友呢 |
[40:27] | Mr Wickham’s blessed with such happy manners, he’s sure of making friends. | 韦翰先生生来满面春风 交起朋友来得心应手 |
[40:31] | Whether he’s capable of retaining them is less so. | 至于他是不是能和朋友们长久相处 那就未必了 |
[40:34] | He’s been so unfortunate as to lose your friendship. That is irreversible? | 他真不幸 竟失去了您的友谊 不可挽回了吗? |
[40:40] | It is. Why do you ask such a question? | 是的 你问我这些话用意何在? |
[40:42] | To make out your character. | 只不过为了要了解了解你的性格罢了 |
[40:44] | What have you discovered? | 那么你究竟弄明白了没有? |
[40:46] | Very little. | 我一点儿也弄不明白 |
[40:47] | I hear such different accounts of you | 我听到人家对于你的看法并不一致 |
[40:49] | as puzzle me exceedingly. | 叫我不知道相信谁的话才好 |
[40:52] | I hope to afford you more clarity in the future. | 我希望将来我能让你对我有更清晰的认识 |
[41:41] | Is that Mr Darcy of Pemberley? | 那是彭伯里庄园的达西先生吗? |
[41:43] | I believe so. | 我想是的 |
[41:44] | I must make myself known to him. | 我一定要向达西先生自我介绍 |
[41:46] | He’s a nephew of my patroness, Lady Catherine. | 他是我的女资助人凯瑟琳夫人的侄儿 |
[41:49] | He will consider it an impertinence. | 他会认为那是很冒失的行为 |
[41:52] | Mr Darcy. | 达西先生 |
[41:55] | Mr Darcy. | 达西先生 |
[41:58] | Mr Darcy. Good evening… | 达西先生 晚上好… |
[42:03] | What interesting relatives you have. | 你的亲戚多么有趣啊 |
[42:24] | Mary, dear, you’ve delighted us long enough. | 曼丽 亲爱的 你使我们开心得够久啦 |
[42:28] | Let the other young ladies have a turn. | 留点时间给别的小姐们表演表演吧 |
[42:34] | …since I was a child, and then she died. | …当我还是孩子的时候 她就去世了 |
[42:37] | I have a beautiful grey. | 我有漂亮的灰色 |
[42:39] | Of course, Caroline’s a much better rider than l, of course. | 当然 卡罗琳的马术比我好 绝对 |
[42:46] | Oh, yes. We fully expect a most advantageous marriage. | 噢 是的 我们热切期盼着这门好处多多的婚事 |
[42:52] | And my Jane, marrying so grand, | 如果我的吉英能攀得这么称心如意的姻缘 |
[42:54] | must throw her sisters in the way. | 那么 她的妹妹们也就有希望碰上别的阔少 |
[43:18] | Clearly my family are seeing who can expose themselves to the most ridicule. | 显然我们家像是约定今天晚上到这儿来尽量出丑的 |
[43:24] | – At least Bingley has not noticed. – No. | -至少 彬格莱先生没有注意到 -没有 |
[43:28] | – I think he likes her very much. – But does she like him? | -我想他真的很喜欢她 -但是她喜欢他吗? |
[43:31] | Few of us are secure enough to be in love without proper encouragement. | 几乎没有人能够不仰赖适当的鼓励而陷入爱河 |
[43:36] | Bingley likes her enormously, | 彬格莱非常喜欢她 |
[43:38] | but might not do more if she does not help him on. | 但是可能以后不会了 如果她还不帮帮他 |
[43:41] | She’s just shy. | 她只是害羞 |
[43:42] | If he cannot perceive her regard, he is a fool. | 如果他感觉不到她的关心 他一定是个傻瓜 |
[43:45] | We are all fools in love. | 陷入爱河的人都是傻瓜 |
[43:48] | He does not know her character as we do. | 他不像我们那么了解她的性格 |
[43:51] | She should move fast and snap him up. | 她应该尽快把他弄到手 |
[43:53] | There is plenty of time for us to get to know him afterwards. | 我们以后有的是时间来了解他 |
[43:58] | I can’t help feeling that someone’s going to produce a piglet | 我觉得有人会放出小猪来 |
[44:02] | and make us chase it. | 让我们来追赶 |
[44:11] | – Oh, dear! – I do apologise, sir. | -噢 亲爱的! -我很抱歉 先生 |
[44:15] | I’m awfully sorry. Do forgive me. | 我真的很抱歉 请原谅我 |
[44:38] | Emily, please! | 艾米莉 不要! |
[44:42] | Mary, my dear Mary. | 曼丽 我亲爱的曼丽 |
[44:43] | Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. | 噢亲爱的 噢亲爱的 噢亲爱的 |
[44:46] | – I’ve been practising all week. – I know, my dear. | -我整整一星期都在练 -我知道 亲爱的 |
[44:50] | I hate balls. | 我讨厌舞会 |
[45:11] | Mr Bennet, wake up. | 班纳特老爷 醒醒 |
[45:14] | Oh, I’ve never had such a good time! | 噢 我从没玩得这么尽兴过 |
[45:21] | Charles, you cannot be serious. | 查尔斯 你不会是认真的吧 |
[45:30] | We’ll have a wedding here in less than three months if you ask me, Mr Bennet. | 班纳特先生 不出3个月我们就要办场婚事啦 |
[45:38] | Mr Bennet! | 班纳特老爷! |
[45:46] | Mary, please. | 曼丽 拜托 |
[45:57] | Thank you, Mr Hill. | 谢谢 希尔先生 |
[46:17] | Mrs Bennet, I was hoping, if it would not trouble you, | 班纳特太太 如果不麻烦的话 |
[46:20] | that I might solicit a private audience with Miss Elizabeth. | 能让我和伊丽莎白小姐单独谈谈吗 |
[46:25] | Oh, certainly, Lizzie would be very happy indeed. | 噢 当然可以 伊丽莎白会很乐意的 |
[46:31] | Everyone, out. Mr Collins would like a private audience with your sister. | 大家都出去 柯林斯先生想和你们的姐姐单独谈谈 |
[46:35] | Wait, Mr Collins can have nothing | 等等 柯林斯先生没有什么不可告人的话 |
[46:38] | to say to me that anybody need not hear. | 非要单独和我说的 |
[46:40] | I desire you will stay where you are. Everyone else to the drawing room. | 我要你待在这儿别动 其他所有人都去客厅 |
[46:44] | – Mr Bennet. – But… | -班纳特老爷 -但是… |
[46:46] | Now. | 马上 |
[46:49] | – Jane. Jane, don’t… Jane! – Jane. | -吉英 吉英 别…吉英! -吉英 |
[46:56] | Papa, stay. | 爸爸 留下 |
[47:26] | Dear Miss Elizabeth, | 亲爱的伊丽莎白小姐 |
[47:28] | My attentions have been too marked to be mistaken. | 我对你的百般殷勤 已经表现得非常明显了 |
[47:32] | Almost as soon as I entered the house, | 几乎是当我走进这房子的那一刻 |
[47:34] | I singled you out as the companion of my future life. | 我就挑中你做我的终身伴侣 |
[47:40] | But before I am run away with my feelings, | 趁我现在还控制得住我自己感情的时候 |
[47:42] | perhaps I may state my reasons for marrying. | 先陈述一下我要结婚的理由 |
[47:45] | Firstly, that it is the duty of a clergyman | 第一 这是牧师的职责 |
[47:48] | to set the example of matrimony in his parish. | 给全教区树立一个婚姻的好榜样 |
[47:51] | Secondly, I am convinced it will add greatly to my happiness. | 其次 我深信结婚会大大地增进我的幸福 |
[47:55] | And thirdly, that it is at the urging | 第三 我尊敬的女资助人 |
[47:58] | of my esteemed patroness, Lady Catherine, | 凯瑟琳夫人催促我 |
[48:02] | that I select a wife. | 挑选一个好太太 |
[48:04] | My object in coming to Longbourn was to choose such a one | 我来浪博恩的目的就是 |
[48:08] | from among Mr Bennet’s daughters, | 从班纳特先生的女儿中挑选一个做太太 |
[48:10] | for I am to inherit the estate | 因为我将要继承令尊的财产 |
[48:13] | and such an alliance will surely… | 而像这样的结合一定… |
[48:17] | …suit everyone. | …会让每个人满意 |
[48:21] | And now nothing remains but for me to assure you in the most animated language | 现在我只能用最激动的语言 |
[48:26] | of the violence of my affections. | 把我最热烈的感情向你倾诉 |
[48:28] | Mr Collins! | 柯林斯先生! |
[48:29] | And no reproach on the subject of fortune | 对于财产的有限 没有任何责备的意思 |
[48:31] | will cross my lips once we’re married. | 我们结婚以后 我决不会说一句小气话 |
[48:34] | You forget I have given no answer. | 你忘了我根本没有回答你呢 |
[48:36] | Lady Catherine will thoroughly approve when I speak to her | 凯瑟琳夫人定会赞同这门婚事 只要我向她说说 |
[48:40] | of your modesty, economy and other amiable qualities. | 你的淑静 节约以及其他种种可爱的优点 |
[48:45] | Sir, I am honoured by your proposal, | 先生 你的求婚使我感到荣幸 |
[48:47] | but I regret that I must decline it. | 可惜我除了谢绝别无他法 |
[48:51] | I know ladies don’t seek to seem too eager… | 我知道 小姐们都会矜持推诿一下… |
[48:55] | Mr Collins, I am perfectly serious. | 柯林斯先生 我的谢绝完全是认真的 |
[48:57] | You could not make me happy. | 你不能使我幸福 |
[48:59] | And I’m the last woman in the world who could make you happy. | 而且我也绝对不能使你幸福 |
[49:03] | I flatter myself | 说句自不量力的话 |
[49:04] | that your refusal is merely a natural delicacy. | 你的拒绝不过是女人家微妙的天性 |
[49:07] | Besides, despite manifold attractions, | 此外 尽管你有许多吸引人的地方 |
[49:10] | it is by no means certain another offer of marriage will ever be made to you. | 但恐怕也不会有别人会向你求婚了 |
[49:15] | I must conclude | 我就不得不认为 |
[49:16] | that you simply seek to increase my love by suspense, | 你这样是欲擒故纵 想要更加博得我的喜爱 |
[49:19] | according to the usual practice of elegant females. | 仿效一般高贵的女性的通例 |
[49:23] | I am not the sort of female to torment a respectable man. | 我不是那种故意捉弄尊敬绅士的女性 |
[49:27] | Please understand me, I cannot accept you. | 请理解我 我不能接受你 |
[49:37] | Headstrong, foolish child. | 顽固的傻孩子 |
[49:48] | Don’t worry, Mr Collins. We’ll have this little hiccup dealt with immediately. | 别担心 柯林斯先生 我们马上就能解决这一切 |
[49:55] | Lizzie. Lizzie! | 伊丽莎白 伊丽莎白! |
[50:03] | Mr Bennet, we’re all in an uproar! | 班纳特老爷 家里都闹翻天了! |
[50:07] | You must come and make Lizzie marry Mr Collins. | 你得来劝劝伊丽莎白嫁给柯林斯先生 |
[50:11] | Mr Collins has proposed to Lizzie, | 柯林斯先生已经向伊丽莎白求婚了 |
[50:14] | but she vowed she will not have him, and now the danger is | 但是她发誓不要他 现在危险的是 |
[50:17] | Mr Collins may not have Lizzie. | 柯林斯先生会不要伊丽莎白了 |
[50:20] | – What am I to do? – Well, come and talk to her. | -我能做什么? -唔 过来和她谈谈 |
[50:25] | Now! | 马上! |
[50:39] | Tell her you insist they marry. | 告诉她 你非要她嫁给他不可 |
[50:41] | Papa, please. | 爸爸 不要 |
[50:42] | You will have this house and save your sisters from destitution. | 你将拥有这栋房子 还能让妹妹们免于受穷 |
[50:47] | I can’t marry him. | 我不能嫁给他 |
[50:48] | Go back now and say you’ve changed your mind. | 现在就回去告诉他 你已经改变了心意 |
[50:50] | – Think of your family. – You cannot make me. | -为你的家人想想 -你不能逼我 |
[50:52] | Mr Bennet, say something. | 班纳特老爷 你倒是说点什么呀 |
[50:59] | Your mother insists upon you marrying Mr Collins. | 你母亲坚持要你嫁给柯林斯先生 |
[51:02] | Yes, or I shall never see her again. | 是的 否则我就再也不要见她了 |
[51:05] | From this day onward, you must be a stranger to one of your parents. | 从今天起 你不和父亲绝交 就要和母亲绝交 |
[51:09] | Who will maintain you when your father is dead? | 当你父亲去世了 谁会养你? |
[51:12] | Your mother will never see you again | 要是你不嫁给柯林斯先生 |
[51:14] | if you do not marry Mr Collins, | 你的母亲就再不要见你了 |
[51:16] | and I will never see you again if you do. | 如果你嫁给他 我就再不要见你了 |
[51:19] | Thank you, Papa. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[51:25] | Ungrateful child! I shall never speak to you again. | 忘恩负义的孩子! 我再也不理你了 |
[51:30] | Not that I take much pleasure in talking. | 我现在都没什么兴致说话了 |
[51:33] | People who suffer as I do from nervous complaints | 象我这样神经脆弱的人 |
[51:36] | can have no pleasure in talking to anybody. | 就没有多大的兴致说话 |
[51:39] | Jane! | 吉英! |
[51:44] | What’s the matter? Jane? | 出什么事了? 吉英? |
[51:50] | 致:赫特福德郡浪博恩 吉英·班纳特小姐 | |
[52:43] | I don’t understand what would take him from Netherfield. | 我不明白是什么让他离开尼日斐花园 |
[52:47] | Why does he not know when he’ll return? | 为什么他不知道什么时候会回来呢? |
[52:49] | Read it. | 读读 |
[53:00] | “Mr Darcy is impatient to see his sister | “达西先生迫不急待地要去看看他的妹妹 |
[53:02] | and we are scarcely less eager. | 我们也几乎同样热切地希望和她重逢 |
[53:04] | I do not think Georgiana Darcy has her equal for beauty, | 我认为乔治安娜·达西无论在容貌 |
[53:08] | elegance and accomplishment. | 举止还是才艺方面都无人能及 |
[53:10] | I hope to call her hereafter my sister.” | 希望她以后会做我的嫂嫂” |
[53:12] | Is that not clear enough? | 说得还不够清楚吗? |
[53:14] | Caroline sees her brother in love with you | 卡罗琳看出她哥哥爱上你 |
[53:17] | and has taken him off to persuade him otherwise. | 就把他带走 想方设法去说服他 |
[53:20] | But I know her to be incapable of wilfully deceiving anyone. | 但是我知道她不可能想骗谁就骗谁 |
[53:25] | It’s more likely he does not love me. | 看上去他好像真的不爱我了 |
[53:28] | He loves you. Do not give up. | 他爱你 别放弃 |
[53:32] | Go to our aunt and uncle’s in London, | 去我们在伦敦的舅舅家 |
[53:34] | Let it be known you are there and I am sure he will come to you. | 让他知道你在那 我敢肯定他会来看你的 |
[53:48] | Give my love to my sister | 请将我的爱赐予我的姐姐 |
[53:49] | and try not to be a burden, dear. | 让我的爱不要成为她的负担 亲爱的 |
[53:52] | Poor Jane. | 可怜的吉英 |
[53:55] | Still, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then. | 然而 女孩子总是喜欢被爱 |
[54:00] | It gives her something to think of | 这起码可以给她一些事情去思考 |
[54:02] | and a sort of distinction amongst her companions. | 也可以使她觉得与其它同伴不同 |
[54:06] | I’m sure that will cheer her up, Papa. | 我相信那会令她振奋起来的 爸爸 |
[54:08] | It’s your turn now, Lizzie. | 现在轮到你了 伊丽莎白 |
[54:10] | You’ve turned down Collins. | 你已经拒绝了柯林斯 |
[54:12] | You’re free to go off and be jilted yourself. | 你现在是自由身了 自己成了甩别人的小姐了 |
[54:16] | What about Mr Wickham? | 韦翰先生怎么样? |
[54:18] | He’s a pleasant fellow and he’d do the job credibly. | 他是一位不错的年轻人 相信也靠得住 |
[54:21] | – Father… – And you have an affectionate mother | -父亲… -而且你有一个亲爱的母亲 |
[54:25] | who would make the most of it. | 她绝不会放弃这个机会的 |
[54:48] | – Charlotte! – My dear Lizzie. | -夏洛特! -我亲爱的伊丽莎白 |
[54:50] | I’ve come here to tell you the news. | 我来告诉你一个重要的消息 |
[54:53] | Mr Collins and I are… engaged. | 柯林斯先生和我…订婚了 |
[54:56] | – Engaged? – Yes. | -订婚了? -是的 |
[55:03] | To be married? | 为了结婚的订婚? |
[55:05] | What other kind of engaged is there? | 除此之外 还会有其他的类型的订婚么? |
[55:09] | For heaven’s sake, Lizzie, don’t look at me like that. | 看在上天的份上 伊丽莎白 别那样看着我 |
[55:13] | I should be as happy with him as any other. | 嫁给他和嫁给其他任何人对我来说都一样开心 |
[55:16] | – But he’s ridiculous. – Oh, hush. | -但是他的人十分荒谬 -噢 不要这么说 |
[55:19] | Not all of us can afford to be romantic. | 并不是所有的人都能拥有浪漫 |
[55:23] | I’ve been offered a comfortable home and protection. | 他能给我一个舒适安全的家 |
[55:27] | There’s a lot to be thankful for. | 值得我感激的已经够多了 |
[55:29] | I’m 27 years old. I’ve no money and no prospects. | 我已经27岁了 我没有钱 也没什么前途 |
[55:34] | I’m already a burden to my parents. | 我已经成了父母的包袱了 |
[55:38] | And I’m frightened. | 而且 我害怕了 |
[55:41] | So don’t judge me, Lizzie. Don’t you dare judge me. | 所以 请不要评判我 伊丽莎白 别评判我 |
[56:38] | Dear Charlotte, thank you for your letter. | 亲爱的夏洛特 谢谢你的来信 |
[56:42] | I’m glad the house, furniture and roads are to your taste, | 很高兴你对你的房子 家具以及舍路都满意 |
[56:45] | and that Lady Catherine’s behaviour is friendly and obliging. | 也高兴得知那位凯瑟琳女士对你友好和蔼 |
[56:49] | What with your departure, Jane’s to London | 你走了 吉英去了伦敦 |
[56:52] | and the militia to the North with the colourful Mr Wickham, | 有趣的韦翰先生随民兵团去了北方 |
[56:55] | I must confess, the view from where I sit has been rather grey. | 我必须承认 现在我眼前的景色变得有点灰暗了 |
[57:00] | As for the favour you ask, it is no favour at all. | 至于你的请求 根本算不上是请求 |
[57:03] | I would be happy to visit you at your earliest convenience. | 我会非常高兴尽早来探望你 |
[57:14] | Welcome to our humble abode. | 欢迎光临寒舍 |
[57:21] | My wife encourages me to spend time in the garden for my health. | 为了我的健康 我的妻子鼓励我花点时间在花园里面 |
[57:25] | I think our guest is tired after her journey. | 我想我们的客人在旅途后已经感到疲惫了 |
[57:27] | I plan many improvements. | 我计划了很多改进的方案 |
[57:29] | I intend to throw out a bough and plant a lime walk. | 我打算要去掉一些大树桩然后在走道旁种上酸橙树 |
[57:32] | I flatter myself | 说句自不量力的话 |
[57:33] | that any young lady would be happy | 任何一个年轻女士都会 |
[57:35] | to be the mistress of such a house. | 为能成为这座房子的主妇而感到高兴的 |
[57:40] | We shan’t be disturbed here. | 在这里没人打扰 |
[57:42] | This parlour is for my own particular use. | 这间工作室是我专用的 |
[57:48] | Oh, Lizzie, it’s such a pleasure to run my own home. | 伊丽莎白 能打理自己的家真是件高兴的事情 |
[57:52] | – Charlotte, come here! – What’s happened? | -夏洛特 过来! -发生什么事了? |
[57:56] | Has the pig escaped again? Oh, it’s Lady Catherine. | 猪又跑了吗? 噢 是凯瑟琳夫人 |
[58:00] | Come and see, Lizzie. | 过来看看 伊丽莎白 |
[58:03] | Great news. | 好消息 |
[58:05] | We received an invitation to Rosings from Lady Catherine. | 凯瑟琳女士邀请我们去罗新斯花园 |
[58:09] | How wonderful! | 实在太好了! |
[58:10] | Do not make yourself uneasy about your apparel. | 千万不要为你的衣着担心 |
[58:14] | Just put on the best you’ve brought. | 穿上你带来的最好的衣服就行了 |
[58:16] | Lady Catherine’s never been averse to the truly humble. | 凯瑟琳夫人从来都不会嫌弃简陋 |
[58:21] | One of the most extraordinary sights in all of Europe. | 全欧洲最非凡的景色之一 |
[58:25] | The glazing alone costs upwards of £20,000. | 光是玻璃窗就花了两万英镑 |
[58:29] | Come along. Come along. | 跟着来 跟紧 |
[58:40] | A little later we’ll play cards. | 晚点我们会玩扑克牌 |
[58:44] | Your Ladyship. | 尊贵的夫人 |
[58:47] | Miss de Bourgh. | 德·包尔小姐 |
[59:09] | So, you are Elizabeth Bennet? | 那么 你是伊丽莎白·班纳特? |
[59:11] | I am, your Ladyship. | 是的 尊贵的夫人 |
[59:16] | This is my daughter. | 这是我的女儿 |
[59:20] | It’s kind of you to ask us to dine. | 感谢你邀请我们一同进餐 |
[59:22] | The rug alone cost upwards of £300. | 单这地毯就起码要300英镑 |
[59:27] | Mr Darcy. | 达西先生 |
[59:30] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么会在这里? |
[59:34] | Mr Darcy, I had no idea we had the honour. | 达西先生 没想到会有幸遇到你 |
[59:40] | Miss Elizabeth, I’m a guest here. | 伊丽莎白小姐 我是来这做客的 |
[59:43] | You know my nephew? | 你认识我的侄子? |
[59:46] | I had the pleasure of meeting your nephew in Hertfordshire. | 是的 在赫特福德郡 我有幸遇见你的侄子 |
[59:50] | Colonel Fitzwilliam. How do you do? | 我是费茨威廉上校 你好 |
[59:58] | Mr Collins, you can’t sit next to your wife. | 柯林斯先生 你不能坐在你妻子的旁边 |
[1:00:02] | Move. Over there. | 换个位置 到那边去 |
[1:00:21] | Harvey, I wonder, could you get me the fish course… | 哈维 我想你能不能给我那道鱼的菜… |
[1:00:25] | I trust your family is in good health, Miss Elizabeth? | 我想你们一家身体都健康吧 伊丽莎白小姐? |
[1:00:29] | They are, thank you. | 是的 谢谢 |
[1:00:34] | My eldest sister is in London. Perhaps you saw her there. | 我大姐在伦敦 可能你在那里见过她了 |
[1:00:38] | I haven’t been fortunate enough… | 我还未有幸能… |
[1:00:40] | Do you play the pianoforte, Miss Bennet? | 你会弹钢琴吗 班纳特小姐? |
[1:00:44] | A little, ma’am, and very poorly. | 只会一点点 夫人 弹得不怎么样 |
[1:00:47] | Do you draw? | 你会绘画吗? |
[1:00:50] | No, not at all. | 不 一点都不会 |
[1:00:52] | Your sisters, do they draw? | 你的姐妹呢? 她们会绘画吗? |
[1:00:55] | Not one. | 没有一个会 |
[1:00:56] | That’s very strange. | 这倒很稀奇 |
[1:00:58] | I suppose you had no opportunity. | 我猜你们是没机会学吧 |
[1:01:01] | Your mother should’ve taken you to town for the benefit of the masters. | 你们的母亲应该带你们去城里面投名师才对 |
[1:01:05] | My mother wouldn’t have minded, but my father hates town. | 我母亲是不会反对 可是我父亲讨厌城里 |
[1:01:09] | Has your governess left you? | 你们的女家庭教师走了吗? |
[1:01:11] | We never had a governess. | 我们从来没有请过女家庭教师 |
[1:01:14] | No governess? | 没有女家庭教师? |
[1:01:15] | Five daughters brought up at home without a governess? | 家里教养着五个女儿 却不请个女教庭教师? |
[1:01:18] | I never heard such a thing. | 我简直闻所未闻 |
[1:01:20] | Your mother must’ve been a slave to your education. | 你母亲亲自教育你们 一定累得如同奴隶一般 |
[1:01:23] | Not at all, Lady Catherine. | 凯瑟琳夫人 事实并非如此 |
[1:01:30] | Your younger sisters, are they out in society? | 你的妹妹们有没有哪一个已经出来参加社交了? |
[1:01:32] | – Yes, ma’am, all. – All? | -有 太太 全都出来社交了 -全部? |
[1:01:35] | What, all five out at once? That’s very odd. | 什么 五个姐妹同时出来社交? 真奇怪 |
[1:01:38] | And you second. | 你排行第二 |
[1:01:39] | The younger ones out before the elders are married? | 姐姐还没嫁人 妹妹就出来社交? |
[1:01:42] | Your youngest sisters must be very young. | 你妹妹们一定还很小吧 |
[1:01:45] | Yes, my youngest is not 16. | 是的 最小的还没到16岁 |
[1:01:48] | But it would be hard on younger sisters | 如果年少的妹妹因为年长的姐姐 |
[1:01:50] | not to have their amusement because the elder is still unmarried. | 没有结婚而不能进行社交活动 |
[1:01:54] | It would hardly encourage sisterly affection. | 这一点都不会增进姐妹感情 |
[1:01:57] | Upon my word, you give your opinion very decidedly for so young a person. | 真想不到 你这么年轻 倒挺有主见啊 |
[1:02:03] | Pray, what is your age? | 请问 你几岁啦? |
[1:02:05] | With three younger sisters grown up, | 我已经有了三个成人的妹妹 |
[1:02:07] | you can hardly expect me to own to it. | 你老人家总不会再要我招出年纪来吧 |
[1:02:19] | Come, Miss Bennet, and play for us. | 过来 班纳特小姐 为我们弹奏一曲 |
[1:02:23] | – No, I beg you. – For music is my delight. | -不 请饶了我吧 -音乐会使我高兴 |
[1:02:26] | In fact, there are few people in England | 实际上目前在英国 没有几个人能像我一样 |
[1:02:29] | who have more true enjoyment of music. | 真正欣赏音乐 |
[1:02:33] | Or better natural taste. | 也没有人比我趣味更高 |
[1:02:35] | If I had ever learnt, I should’ve been a great proficient. | 我要是学了音乐 一定会成为一个名家 |
[1:02:41] | So would Anne, if her health would’ve allowed her. | 安娜要是身体好 也一定会成为一个名家的 |
[1:02:45] | I’m not afflicted with false modesty, when I say I play poorly… | 我不是假装谦虚 当我说我差的时候… |
[1:02:50] | Come, Lizzie, her Ladyship demands it. | 过来 伊丽莎白 尊贵的夫人要你弹 |
[1:03:15] | How does Georgiana get along, Darcy? | 乔治安娜现在学得怎么样啦 达西? |
[1:03:19] | – She plays very well. – I hope she practises. | -她弹得非常好 -我希望她有常练习 |
[1:03:22] | No excellence can be acquired without constant practice. | 卓越的技能无一例外需要持久的练习 |
[1:03:26] | I’ve told Mrs Collins this. | 我对柯林斯夫人说过 |
[1:03:29] | Though you have no instrument, you’re welcome to come to Rosings | 虽然你没有琴 也十分欢迎你来罗新斯花园 |
[1:03:32] | and play on the pianoforte in the housekeeper’s room. | 在管家的房间里面弹钢琴 |
[1:03:35] | You’ll be in nobody’s way in that part of the house. | 你在那里不会妨碍任何人 |
[1:03:46] | You mean to frighten me by coming in all your state to hear me. | 你这样走过来听 莫不是想吓唬我? |
[1:03:52] | But I won’t be alarmed, even if your sister does play so well. | 尽管你妹妹的确演奏得很好 我也不怕 |
[1:03:56] | I know that I cannot alarm you even should I wish it. | 就算想吓唬你 我知道是没法如愿的 |
[1:04:00] | What was my friend like in Hertfordshire? | 我的朋友在赫特福德郡表现得怎么样? |
[1:04:04] | You really care to know? | 你真的想知道? |
[1:04:07] | Prepare yourself for something very dreadful. | 我先得请你不要害怕 |
[1:04:11] | The first time I saw him, he danced with nobody, | 当我第一次见到他时 他不和任何人跳舞 |
[1:04:14] | though gentlemen were scarce | 尽管男客很少 |
[1:04:16] | and there was more than one lady without a partner. | 当时在场的不少女客没有舞伴而闲坐一旁 |
[1:04:19] | I knew nobody beyond my own party. | 当时舞会上除了自己人 我谁都不认识 |
[1:04:21] | Nobody can be introduced at a ball. | 舞会里是不兴请人介绍女伴的 |
[1:04:22] | Fitzwilliam, I need you. | 费茨威廉 过来 |
[1:04:36] | I do not have the talent | 我没有那种本领 |
[1:04:39] | of conversing easily with people I have never met before. | 能跟新认识的人也谈笑风生 |
[1:04:43] | Perhaps you should take your aunt’s advice and practise. | 也许你应该听从你姑妈的意见多练习 |
[1:05:07] | Dear Jane… | 亲爱的吉英… |
[1:05:22] | Mr Darcy. | 达西先生 |
[1:05:31] | Please, do be seated. | 请 请坐 |
[1:05:39] | Mr and Mrs Collins have gone to the village. | 柯林斯夫妇到村里去了 |
[1:05:49] | This is a charming house. | 这是座迷人的房子 |
[1:05:51] | I believe my aunt did a great deal to it | 我相信柯林斯先生初到这的时候 |
[1:05:53] | when Mr Collins first arrived. | 凯瑟琳夫人一定在这上面费了好大一番心思吧 |
[1:05:56] | I believe so. | 我相信她的确费了一番心思 |
[1:05:59] | She could not have bestowed her kindness | 她的好心并没有白费 |
[1:06:01] | on a more grateful subject. | 因为没人能比柯林斯先生更感恩戴德了 |
[1:06:13] | – Shall I call for some tea? – No, thank you. | -需要为你叫一杯茶么? -不用了 谢谢 |
[1:06:20] | Good day, Miss Elizabeth, it’s been a pleasure. | 祝你愉快 伊丽莎白小姐 与你聊天很愉快 |
[1:06:30] | What on earth have you done to poor Mr Darcy? | 你对可怜的达西先生到底做了什么啊? |
[1:06:33] | I have no idea. | 我一点头绪都没有 |
[1:06:37] | Every mind must have some counsellor | 每个灵魂都需要安抚者 |
[1:06:40] | to whom it may apply for consolation in distress. | 在悲痛中能安抚你 |
[1:06:44] | There are many conveniences which others can supply | 还有其他很多便利是别人能给予 |
[1:06:46] | and we cannot procure. | 但是我们无法提供的 |
[1:06:49] | I have in view those objects | 以我的观点看来 那些便利 |
[1:06:51] | which are only to be obtained through intercourse… | 是需要通过交流来获得的… |
[1:06:56] | Forgive me, through the intercourse of friendship or civility. | 请原谅 从友谊和礼节上的交流 |
[1:07:02] | On such occasions, the proud man steps forth to meet you | 在那种情况下 骄傲的人主动与你接触 |
[1:07:05] | not with cordiality, | 不是出于他的诚恳 |
[1:07:08] | but with the suspicion of one who reconnoitres an enemy… | 而是出于一个像对敌人般的怀疑… |
[1:07:13] | – How long do you plan to stay? – As long as Darcy chooses. | -你打算住多久 -达西住多久我就住多久 |
[1:07:16] | – I am at his disposal. – Everyone appears to be. | -我得听他调遣 -看起来每个人都是如此 |
[1:07:20] | I wonder he does not marry | 我不懂他为什么不还不结婚 |
[1:07:21] | and secure a lasting convenience of that kind. | 结了婚不就可以有个人一辈子听他摆布了吗? |
[1:07:24] | She would be a lucky woman. | 能成为达西太太 是件幸运的事 |
[1:07:26] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[1:07:28] | Darcy is a most loyal companion. | 达西是一个对同伴最忠诚的人 |
[1:07:31] | He recently came to the rescue of one of his friends. | 他最近才拯救了他的一个朋友 |
[1:07:35] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[1:07:36] | He saved him from an imprudent marriage. | 他把他的朋友从一门鲁莽的婚事中拯救出来 |
[1:07:38] | Who’s the man? | 那个人是谁? |
[1:07:45] | His closest friend, Charles Bingley. | 他最亲近的朋友 查尔斯·彬格莱 |
[1:07:51] | Did Mr Darcy give a reason for this interference? | 达西先生有没有说 他为什么要管人家闲事? |
[1:07:54] | There were apparently strong objections to the lady. | 那位小姐有些条件不大够格 |
[1:07:58] | What kind of objections? Her lack of fortune? | 什么条件? 不富裕? |
[1:08:01] | I think it was her family that was considered unsuitable. | 我想是她的家庭被认为是门不当户不对的 |
[1:08:07] | So he separated them? | 所以他就去拆散他们? |
[1:08:09] | I believe so. I know nothing else. | 我想是的 我就知道这些 |
[1:08:42] | Miss Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白小姐 |
[1:08:44] | I have struggled in vain and can bear it no longer. | 我实在没有办法撑下去了 |
[1:08:47] | These past months have been a torment. | 这几个月对于我来说是一种折磨 |
[1:08:49] | I came to Rosings only to see you. | 我来罗新斯只是为了见你 |
[1:08:51] | I have fought against judgement, my family’s expectation, | 理智的想法和家族的期望阻挠着我 |
[1:08:54] | the inferiority of your birth, my rank. | 你卑微的出身和我爵位的悬殊也令我迟疑不决 |
[1:08:57] | I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony. | 但我要把这一切统统抛开 请你终结我的痛苦 |
[1:09:00] | – I don’t understand. – I love you. | -我不明白你在说什么 -我爱你 |
[1:09:05] | Most ardently. | 最真挚的爱 |
[1:09:11] | Please do me the honour of accepting my hand. | 请赐予我荣幸 接受我的手吧 |
[1:09:16] | Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through, | 先生 我感激你的挣扎 |
[1:09:21] | and I am very sorry to have caused you pain. | 很抱歉引起你的痛苦 |
[1:09:23] | It was unconsciously done. | 我完全是无心的 |
[1:09:27] | – Is this your reply? – Yes, sir. | -这就是你的回复? -是的 先生 |
[1:09:29] | – Are you laughing at me? – No. | -你是在嘲笑我吗? -不 |
[1:09:32] | Are you rejecting me? | 你是在拒绝我? |
[1:09:33] | I’m sure the feelings which hindered your regard will help you overcome it. | 我确信 你心中阶级的门槛会帮助你克服痛苦 |
[1:09:39] | Might I ask why with so little civility I am thus repulsed? | 我能否问问 为什么我竟会遭受如此无礼的拒绝? |
[1:09:42] | I might enquire | 那么我能否问问 |
[1:09:43] | why you told me you liked me against your better judgement? | 为什么你说喜欢我是违背了你自己的理智? |
[1:09:47] | If I was uncivil, | 若说我是无礼的 |
[1:09:48] | then that is some excuse. | 那这就是我无礼的理由之一吧 |
[1:09:50] | – But you know I have other reasons. – What reasons? | -但我还有别的理由 -什么理由? |
[1:09:53] | Do you think anything might tempt me to accept the man who has ruined | 一个毁了我最亲爱的姐姐幸福的人 |
[1:09:57] | the happiness of a most beloved sister? | 怎么会打动我的心去爱他呢? |
[1:10:00] | Do you deny that you separated a young couple who loved each other, | 你能否认你拆散了一对相爱的恋人 |
[1:10:05] | exposing your friend to censure for caprice | 让你的朋友被大家指责为朝三暮四 |
[1:10:08] | and my sister to derision for disappointed hopes, | 让我的姐姐被大家嘲笑为奢望空想 |
[1:10:11] | involving them both in acute misery? | 让他们双方都受尽了痛苦? |
[1:10:13] | – I do not deny it. – How could you do it? | -我并不否认 -你怎么能做出这样的事情? |
[1:10:16] | I believed your sister indifferent to him. | 我认为你姐姐觉得他无关紧要 |
[1:10:19] | I realised his attachment was deeper than hers. | 我觉得他的爱要比她更多 |
[1:10:22] | That’s because she’s shy! | 那是因为她害羞! |
[1:10:24] | Bingley was persuaded she didn’t feel strongly. | 我说服彬格莱认为 她的感觉并不强烈 |
[1:10:26] | – Because you suggested it. – For his own good. | -那都是你说的 -我这样做是为了他好 |
[1:10:29] | My sister hardly shows her true feelings to me. | 我姐姐连对我都不吐露她的心声 |
[1:10:36] | I suppose his fortune had some bearing? | 我想你是担心她是看上了他的钱吧? |
[1:10:38] | I wouldn’t do your sister the dishonour. | 我无意使你姐姐难堪 |
[1:10:41] | – It was suggested… – What was? | -有迹象表明… -什么? |
[1:10:43] | It was clear an advantageous marriage… | 这门婚事明显是为了谋取利益的… |
[1:10:46] | – Did my sister give that impression? – No! | -我姐姐给你那种印象? -不! |
[1:10:48] | No. There was, however, your family… | 你姐姐没有 然而你的家人… |
[1:10:51] | Our want of connection? | 你以为我们是为了攀高枝? |
[1:10:53] | – No, it was more than that. – How, sir? | -不 比那更甚 -怎样更甚 先生? |
[1:10:55] | The lack of propriety shown by your mother, younger sisters and your father. | 你母亲 你妹妹们还有你父亲有失身份的表现 |
[1:11:04] | Forgive me. You and your sister I must exclude from this. | 请原谅我 你和你姐姐当然没有 |
[1:11:13] | And what about Mr Wickham? | 那韦翰先生又是怎么回事? |
[1:11:17] | Mr Wickham? | 韦翰先生? |
[1:11:18] | What excuse can you give for your behaviour? | 你对他的所作所为 又能给出什么借口? |
[1:11:21] | You take an eager interest. | 你对他倒是十分关心 |
[1:11:23] | He told me of his misfortunes. | 他告诉了我他的不幸遭遇 |
[1:11:25] | – Oh, they have been great. – You ruin his chances | -哦 他的确太不幸啦 -你毁了他 |
[1:11:28] | yet treat him with sarcasm. | 现在还讥讽他 |
[1:11:30] | So this is your opinion of me? | 这就是你对我的看法? |
[1:11:32] | Thank you. Perhaps these offences | 谢谢 只怪我老老实实地 |
[1:11:33] | might have been overlooked | 把我以前一误再误 迟疑不决的原因说了出来 |
[1:11:36] | had not your pride been hurt | 所以伤害了你的自尊心 |
[1:11:37] | by my scruples about our relationship. | 否则你也许就不会计较我得罪你的这些地方了 |
[1:11:40] | I am to rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances? | 难道你指望我会为你那些微贱的亲戚而欢欣鼓舞吗? |
[1:11:44] | And those are the words of a gentleman. | 这像是个绅士说的话吗? |
[1:11:46] | Your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others | 你十足狂妄自大 自私自利 看不起别人 |
[1:11:51] | made me realise | 我早就想好了 |
[1:11:53] | you were the last man in the world I could ever marry. | 哪怕天下男人都死光了 我也不愿意嫁给你 |
[1:12:09] | Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time. | 请原谅 小姐 耽搁了你这么多时间 |
[1:14:17] | I came to leave you this. | 我是来给你这个的 |
[1:14:30] | I shall not renew the sentiments which were so disgusting to you. | 我不会再提起令你极度厌恶的感情 |
[1:14:34] | But if I may, I will address the two offences you have laid against me. | 但请允许我把你对我的两个误会也说清楚 |
[1:14:45] | My father loved Mr Wickham as a son. | 我父亲爱韦翰先生就像爱自己亲生儿子一样 |
[1:14:48] | He left him a generous living. | 父亲留给他一个富裕的生活 |
[1:14:50] | But upon my father’s death, | 但自从我父亲去世以后 |
[1:14:52] | Mr Wickham announced he had no intention of taking orders. | 韦翰先生就声称他无意去受圣职 |
[1:14:57] | He demanded the value of the living, | 他要了等值的财产 |
[1:14:59] | which he’d gambled away within weeks. | 然后把他的身家在数周内全部挥霍豪赌输光了 |
[1:15:05] | He then wrote, demanding more money, which I refused. | 然后他就写信给我要更多的钱 遭到我的断然拒绝 |
[1:15:09] | After which, he severed all acquaintance. | 从那以后 与他的联系就完全中断了 |
[1:15:12] | He came back to see us last summer, | 去年夏天 他回来找我们 |
[1:15:14] | and declared passionate love for my sister, | 表示对我妹妹强烈爱慕 |
[1:15:16] | whom he tried to persuade to elope with him. | 我妹妹竟被他打动了心 答应要跟他私奔 |
[1:15:21] | She is to inherit £30, 000. | 妹妹她将会继承三万英镑的遗产 |
[1:15:24] | When it was made clear he would never receive a penny of it, | 但他得知自己从中得不到一个便士时 |
[1:15:28] | he disappeared. | 他马上就消失了 |
[1:15:30] | I will not attempt to convey the depth of Georgiana’s despair. | 无须赘言 当时的乔治安娜何等失望 |
[1:15:34] | She was 15 years old. | 当时她才15岁 |
[1:15:39] | As to the other matter, of your sister and Mr Bingley, | 至于另外一件事 关于你姐姐和彬格莱先生 |
[1:15:43] | though the motives which governed me may appear insufficient, | 虽然我去干涉的动机不够充分 |
[1:15:46] | they were in the service of a friend. | 但那是我作为他的朋友的一种义务 |
[1:15:50] | Lizzie. | 伊丽莎白 |
[1:15:55] | Are you all right? | 你还好么? |
[1:15:57] | I hardly know. | 我自己也不知道 |
[1:16:09] | Lizzie. How fortunate you have arrived. | 伊丽莎白 你现在能赶回来真是时候 |
[1:16:12] | Your aunt and uncle are here to deliver Jane from London. | 你的舅舅和舅母把吉英从伦敦送回来了 |
[1:16:16] | – How is Jane? – She’s in the drawing room. | -吉英怎样了? -她现在在客厅 |
[1:16:22] | I’m quite over him. | 我已经完全忘却他了 |
[1:16:24] | If he passed me in the street, I’d hardly notice. | 就算在街上和他擦肩而过 我都不会去注意 |
[1:16:28] | London is so diverting. It’s true. | 伦敦充满了各种各样有趣的事物 这是真的 |
[1:16:34] | There’s so much to entertain. | 那里有很多消遣 |
[1:16:42] | What news from Kent? | 在肯特郡 有什么消息啊? |
[1:16:46] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:16:50] | At least not much to entertain. | 起码没有什么可以让我消遣的 |
[1:16:52] | Lizzie, tell Mama! | 伊丽莎白 告诉妈妈! |
[1:16:54] | Stop making such a fuss. | 不要再小题大做了 |
[1:16:57] | Why didn’t she ask me as well? | 为什么费斯托太太不把我也邀请上? |
[1:16:59] | Because I’m better company. | 因为我是个更好的同伴 |
[1:17:01] | – What’s the matter? – I’ve just as much right. | -怎么回事? -我更合适 |
[1:17:04] | Let’s all go. | 让我们都去吧 |
[1:17:06] | Lydia’s been invited to Brighton with the Forsters. | 丽迪雅被邀请去与费斯托家一同去布莱顿 |
[1:17:09] | Sea-bathing would set me up nicely. | 在海中沐浴将会使我更加美丽 |
[1:17:11] | I shall dine with the officers every night. | 我可以和军官们每晚一起共进晚餐 |
[1:17:14] | Papa, don’t let her go. | 爸爸 不要让她去 |
[1:17:16] | Lydia will never be easy | 丽迪雅不到公共场所之类的地方去出一出丑 |
[1:17:19] | until she’sexposed herself in some public place. | 是决不肯罢休的 |
[1:17:21] | And we could never expect her to do it | 她这次要去出丑 |
[1:17:22] | with so little inconvenience. | 既不必花家里的钱 又用不着家里麻烦 |
[1:17:26] | If you do not check her, | 如果爸爸你不制止她 |
[1:17:28] | she’ll be fixed as the silliest flirt | 她会被挂上愚蠢的卖俏者的花名 |
[1:17:30] | who ever made her family ridiculous. | 弄得我们全家都惹人笑话的 |
[1:17:33] | And Kitty will follow, as always. | 吉蒂也会一如既往地有样学样 |
[1:17:35] | Lizzie, we shall have no peace until she goes. | 伊丽莎白 如果不让她去 我们将不得安宁 |
[1:17:40] | Is that really all you care about? | 原来这才是你关心的? |
[1:17:43] | Colonel Forster is a sensible man. | 费斯托上校是个有见识的人 |
[1:17:47] | He will keep her out of any real mischief. | 他不会让她闯出什么祸事来的 |
[1:17:50] | And she’s too poor to be an object of prey to anyone. | 她太穷 谁也不会看中她 |
[1:17:53] | It’s dangerous. | 爸爸 但是这样做很危险 |
[1:17:54] | I am certain the officers will find women better worth their while. | 我肯定军官们会找到更中意的对象 |
[1:18:00] | Let us hope, in fact, that her stay in Brighton | 我们但愿她去了布莱顿以后 |
[1:18:04] | will teach her her own insignificance. | 能意识到自己有多么渺小 |
[1:18:09] | At any rate, she can hardly grow any worse. | 她再坏也坏不到哪里去 |
[1:18:12] | If she does, we’d be obliged to lock her up for the rest of her life. | 如果她真不行的话 我们就把她一辈子关在家里 |
[1:18:26] | Lizzie, you’re welcome to accompany us. | 伊丽莎白 我们希望你和我们一起去 |
[1:18:28] | The Peak District is not Brighton. | 山顶区不同于布莱顿 |
[1:18:31] | Officers are thin on the ground which may influence your decision. | 陆军军官都挺消瘦的 这可能会改变你的决定 |
[1:18:34] | Come to the Peak District with us, | 和我们一同去山区吧 |
[1:18:36] | Lizzie, and get some fresh air. | 伊丽莎白 去呼吸一下新鲜空气 |
[1:18:39] | The glories of nature. What are men compared to rocks and mountains? | 大自然的风光 人和山石岂可同日而语? |
[1:18:42] | Men are either eaten up with arrogance or stupidity. | 男人大多或傲慢或愚蠢 |
[1:18:46] | If they are amiable, they have no minds of their own. | 和蔼可亲的 必定又是没有主见 |
[1:18:49] | Take care, my love. | 注意你的言语 我亲爱的 |
[1:18:51] | That savours strongly of bitterness. | 你这句话充满了苦涩的味道 |
[1:19:00] | I saw Mr Darcy when I was at Rosings. | 在罗新斯的时候 我见到了达西先生 |
[1:19:04] | Why did you not tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我? |
[1:19:08] | Did he mention Mr Bingley? | 他提到了彬格莱先生吗? |
[1:19:13] | No. | 没有 |
[1:19:19] | No, he did not. | 他一句也没提 |
[1:20:25] | Oh, what are men compared to rocks and mountains? | 噢 人岂可与山石同日而语 |
[1:20:28] | Or carriages that work? | 或者马车可以? |
[1:20:36] | Where exactly are we? | 我们现在具体是在那里? |
[1:20:39] | I think we are quite close to Pemberley. | 离彭伯里相当近 |
[1:20:43] | – Mr Darcy’s home? – That’s the fellow. | -达西先生的家? -就是他 |
[1:20:45] | Very well-stocked lake. I’ve a hankering to see it. | 真是一个富饶的湖区 我真的很想去看看 |
[1:20:49] | Oh, no, let’s not. | 噢 不要 我们不要去 |
[1:20:54] | Well, he’s so… | 他太… |
[1:20:56] | I’d rather not, he’s so… he’s so… | 我不打算去 因为他太…他太… |
[1:21:00] | – So what? – So rich. | -他怎么了? -他太富有了 |
[1:21:02] | By heavens, Lizzie, what a snob you are! | 我的天 伊丽莎白 你还真是势利啊! |
[1:21:05] | Objecting to Mr Darcy because of his wealth. | 因为达西先生富有就反感他 |
[1:21:07] | The poor man can’t help it. | 可怜的他一定很无奈 |
[1:21:09] | He won’t be there anyway. | 他不会在那里的 |
[1:21:11] | These great men are never at home. | 这些人从来都不会呆在家里的 |
[1:22:19] | Keep up. | 跟上 |
[1:22:41] | Is your master much at home? | 您的主人在家的日子多吗? |
[1:22:43] | Not as much as I would wish. | 并没有我所期盼的那么多 |
[1:22:45] | He dearly loves it here. | 但他绝对喜欢这里 |
[1:22:47] | If he should marry, you might see more of him. | 要是你主人结了婚 你见到他的时候就会多些 |
[1:23:00] | He’s a lot like his father. | 他与他父亲真的很像 |
[1:23:07] | When my husband was ill, Mr Darcy couldn’t do enough. | 我丈夫病了的时候 达西先生都忙不过来 |
[1:23:16] | He just organised the servants for me. | 但他马上为我安排了仆人 |
[1:23:34] | This is he, Mr Darcy. | 这就是他 达西先生 |
[1:23:39] | A handsome face. | 英俊的面庞 |
[1:23:42] | Lizzie, is it a true likeness? | 伊丽莎白 这像他么? |
[1:23:46] | Does the young lady know Mr Darcy? | 这位年轻的小姐原来跟达西先生相熟? |
[1:23:50] | Only a little. | 不太熟 |
[1:23:52] | Do you not think him a handsome man, miss? | 你不觉得他是位英俊的少爷吗 小姐? |
[1:23:57] | Yes. | 是的 很英俊 |
[1:24:01] | Yes, I dare say he is. | 是的 我敢说他是英俊的 |
[1:24:06] | This is his sister, Miss Georgiana. | 这是他的妹妹 乔治安娜小姐 |
[1:24:10] | She sings and plays all day long. | 她成天弹琴唱歌 |
[1:24:16] | Is she at home? | 她现在在家么? |
[1:26:24] | Miss Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白小姐 |
[1:26:37] | – I thought you were in London. – No. | -我以为你在伦敦 -不 |
[1:26:41] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不在伦敦 |
[1:26:44] | No. | 不在 |
[1:26:46] | We would not have come… | 我们不会来的 要是知道… |
[1:26:48] | I came back a day early… | 我提早一天回来了… |
[1:26:55] | I’m with my aunt and uncle. | 我与我的舅舅和舅母一起来的 |
[1:26:59] | And are you having a pleasant trip? | 你们的旅途愉快么? |
[1:27:01] | Very pleasant. | 非常开心 |
[1:27:04] | – Tomorrow we go to Matlock. – Tomorrow? | -我们明天就去马特洛克 -明天? |
[1:27:09] | Are you staying at Lambton? | 你们是住在兰顿吗? |
[1:27:11] | Yes, at the Rose and Crown. | 是的 在玫瑰花冠旅馆 |
[1:27:13] | Yes. | 这样啊 |
[1:27:19] | I’m so sorry to intrude. | 非常抱歉 闯入你的家 |
[1:27:20] | They said the house was open for visitors. I had no idea. | 舅舅他们说这是对游客开放的 我自己不清楚 |
[1:27:28] | – May I see you back to the village? – No. | -我可以送你回村庄去吗? -不用 |
[1:27:34] | – I’m very fond of walking. – Yes. | -我非常喜欢徒步行走 -是的 |
[1:27:39] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[1:27:45] | Goodbye, Mr Darcy. | 再见 达西先生 |
[1:28:06] | This way, sir. | 这边请 先生 |
[1:28:14] | Are you sure you wouldn’t like to join us? | 你真的不和我们一起吃饭吗? |
[1:28:29] | We’ve just met Mr Darcy. | 我们刚才才见到达西先生 |
[1:28:31] | You didn’t tell us that you’d seen him. | 你没有告诉过我们你曾经见过他 |
[1:28:33] | He’s asked us to dine with him tomorrow. | 他邀请我们与他明天一同吃顿便饭 |
[1:28:35] | He was very civil, was he not? | 他是一个很有礼貌的人 不是吗? |
[1:28:38] | – Very civil. – Not at all how you’d painted him. | -非常有礼貌 -他一点都不像你说的那样 |
[1:28:41] | To dine with him? | 和他吃饭? |
[1:28:42] | There’s something pleasant about his mouth when he speaks. | 他说话的样子 让人感觉很愉快 |
[1:28:47] | You don’t mind delaying our journey another day? | 你不介意这样会延误行程吧? |
[1:28:50] | He particularly wants you to meet his sister. | 他特别点名要你去 见见他的妹妹 |
[1:28:53] | His sister. | 他的妹妹 |
[1:29:24] | Miss Elizabeth! | 伊丽莎白小姐! |
[1:29:30] | My sister, Miss Georgiana. | 我的妹妹 乔治安娜 |
[1:29:33] | My brother has told me so much about you, | 我哥哥给我讲了很多关于你的事情 |
[1:29:35] | – I feel as if we are friends already. – Thank you. | -我觉得我们俩就像老朋友一样 -谢谢 |
[1:29:38] | – What a beautiful pianoforte. – My brother gave it to me. | -钢琴真漂亮 -我哥哥给我的 |
[1:29:42] | – He shouldn’t have. – I should have. | -他不应该给我的 -当然应该给 |
[1:29:44] | – Very well then. – Easily persuaded, is she not? | -好吧 -她真容易被说服 不是么? |
[1:29:48] | He once had to put up with my playing. | 你哥哥曾不得不整晚听着我演奏糟糕的钢琴 |
[1:29:51] | – He says you play so well. – Then he has perjured himself. | -但他说你弹得非常好 -那是他的自欺 |
[1:29:56] | I said “quite well”. | 我是说”挺好的” |
[1:29:57] | “Quite well” is not “very well”. | 是”挺好的” 不是”非常好” |
[1:29:59] | I’m satisfied. | 这样我就满意了 |
[1:30:07] | – Mr Gardiner, are you fond of fishing? – Very much. | -嘉丁纳先生 你喜欢钓鱼吗 -非常喜欢 |
[1:30:10] | Would you accompany me to the lake this afternoon? | 今天下午你有兴趣陪我一起去湖边钓鱼吗? |
[1:30:13] | Its occupants have been left in peace too long. | 湖边的居民已经离开很长一段时间了 |
[1:30:16] | I would be delighted. | 乐意之至 |
[1:30:18] | Do you play duets, Miss Elizabeth? | 你会二重奏吗 伊丽莎白小姐? |
[1:30:21] | – Only when forced. – Brother, you must force her. | -除非迫不得已 -哥哥 你可得要强迫她 |
[1:30:26] | Splendid fishing, good company. What a capital fellow. | 钓鱼棒极了 很好的同伴 小伙子真不错 |
[1:30:30] | Thank you so much, Mr Darcy. | 太感谢你了 达西先生 |
[1:30:35] | A letter for you, madam. | 你的一封信 小姐 |
[1:30:37] | Oh, it’s from Jane. | 噢 是来自吉英的 |
[1:31:04] | It is the most dreadful news. | 这真是最可怕不过的消息了 |
[1:31:08] | Lydia has run away… | 丽迪雅逃走了… |
[1:31:13] | …with Mr Wickham. | …和韦翰先生一起 |
[1:31:15] | They are gone to Lord knows where. | 天知道他们去哪了 |
[1:31:17] | She has no money, no connections. I fear she is lost forever. | 她没钱没势 恐怕再也找不着她了 |
[1:31:27] | This is my fault. | 这是我的错 |
[1:31:29] | If only I had exposed Wickham when I should. | 当初我要是揭露韦翰的真面目就好了 |
[1:31:33] | No, this is my fault. | 不 这是我的错 |
[1:31:36] | I might have prevented all this by being open with my sisters. | 如果我当初告诉我妹妹 就可以阻止这一切的发生 |
[1:31:40] | Has anything been done to recover her? | 有人去找她了吗? |
[1:31:43] | My father has gone to London, but I know nothing can be done. | 我父亲去了伦敦 但我知道也于事无补 |
[1:31:50] | We have not the smallest hope. | 我们实在不敢存一线希望 |
[1:31:53] | Would I could help you. | 希望我能帮你 |
[1:31:55] | Sir, I think it is too late. | 先生 我想已经来不及了 |
[1:32:01] | This is grave indeed. I will leave you. Goodbye. | 这真令人伤心 我得离开了 告辞 |
[1:32:05] | We must go at once. | 我们要马上启程 |
[1:32:08] | I will join Mr Bennet and find Lydia | 在丽迪雅毁掉这个家以前 |
[1:32:09] | before she ruins the family. | 我会去找班纳特先生 和他一同寻找丽迪雅 |
[1:32:39] | Why did the Forsters let her out of their sight? | 费斯托夫妇怎么竟放心让她离开他们跟前呢? |
[1:32:44] | I always said they were unfit to take charge of her. | 我一直觉得他们不适合照管她 |
[1:32:47] | And now she is ruined. | 现在 她已经被糟蹋了 |
[1:32:49] | You are all ruined. | 你们的声名都被玷污了 |
[1:32:51] | Who will take you now with a fallen sister? | 有这样一个堕落的妹妹 现在谁会要你们? |
[1:32:56] | Poor Mr Bennet will now have to fight the perfidious Wickham | 可怜的班纳特先生不得不和背信弃义的韦翰决斗 |
[1:33:00] | and then be killed. | 他一定会被韦翰活活打死 |
[1:33:02] | He hasn’t found him yet, Mama. | 爸爸还没有找到他 妈妈 |
[1:33:04] | Mr Collins will turn us out before he is cold. | 他尸骨未寒 柯林斯先生就会把我们撵出去 |
[1:33:07] | Do not be so alarmed. Our uncle is in London helping in the search. | 别那么惊慌 舅舅正在伦敦帮忙寻找着呢 |
[1:33:11] | Lydia must know what this must be doing to my nerves. | 丽迪雅分明知道这样做对我的神经有多大损害 |
[1:33:16] | Such flutterings and spasms all over me! | 我现在全身发抖 抽筋! |
[1:33:23] | My baby Lydia, my baby! | 我亲爱的宝贝丽迪雅 我的小宝宝! |
[1:33:28] | How could she do such a thing to her poor mama? | 她怎么能对可怜的妈妈做出这种事情? |
[1:33:33] | – You can’t do that! – Don’t be such a baby. | -你不能这样做! -别孩子气了 |
[1:33:36] | – Kitty, give it to me. – Who’s it for? | -吉蒂 给我 -这是给谁的? |
[1:33:39] | It’s addressed to Papa. | 地址上写的是给爸爸的 |
[1:33:42] | It’s in Uncle’s writing. | 这是舅舅的笔迹 |
[1:33:44] | Papa, there’s a letter. | 爸爸 有一封信 |
[1:33:47] | – Let me catch my breath. – It’s in Uncle’s writing. | -先让我喘口气 -是舅舅的笔迹 |
[1:33:55] | – He’s found them. – Are they married? | -他找到他们了 -他们结婚了么? |
[1:33:57] | – I can’t make out his script. – Give it to me. | -我看不清他写什么 -给我 |
[1:34:00] | Are they married? | 他们结婚了么? |
[1:34:01] | They will be if Father settles £100 a year on her. | 如果父亲每年给她一百镑 他们就结婚 |
[1:34:05] | That is his condition. | 这是他的条件 |
[1:34:06] | – You will agree to this, Father? – Of course. | -你会接受吗 父亲? -当然 |
[1:34:09] | God knows how much your uncle must’ve laid on that wretched man. | 天知道你舅舅一定在那个卑鄙的人身上花了不少钱 |
[1:34:14] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[1:34:15] | No man would marry Lydia | 没人会为了每年区区一百镑 |
[1:34:17] | under so slight a temptation as £100 a year. | 去娶丽迪雅的 |
[1:34:21] | Your uncle must’ve been very generous. | 你舅舅肯定花了不少钱 |
[1:34:25] | Do you think it a large sum? | 你说 总数会是一个大数目么? |
[1:34:28] | Wickham’s a fool | 韦翰要是没拿到一万镑就答应娶丽迪雅 |
[1:34:29] | if he accepts less than £10,000. | 那他才是个大傻瓜呢 |
[1:34:31] | – Heaven forbid! – Father! | -天地不容! -父亲! |
[1:34:35] | Lydia married and at 15 too! | 丽迪雅结婚了 而且才15岁! |
[1:34:40] | Ring the bell, Kitty. | 去拉铃 吉蒂 |
[1:34:42] | I must put on my things and tell Lady Lucas. | 我要穿好衣服去告诉卢卡斯女士这个消息 |
[1:34:45] | Oh, to see her face. | 噢 看看她会是什么表情 |
[1:34:47] | Tell the servants they will have a bowl of punch. | 告诉仆人们 他们将会有一大碗桃子 |
[1:34:50] | – We should thank our uncle. – So he should help. | -我们应该去感谢舅舅 -他应该帮忙的 |
[1:34:53] | He’s far richer than us and has no children. Daughter married! | 他比我们有钱得多 又没有孩子 女儿出嫁咯! |
[1:34:56] | Is that really all you think about? | 那就是你关心的? |
[1:34:58] | When you have five daughters, tell me what else will occupy your thoughts. | 当你有五个女儿的时候 你再告诉我你的想法 |
[1:35:03] | Then perhaps you’ll understand. | 到那时 可能你就理解了 |
[1:35:06] | You don’t know what he’s like. | 你根本连他是个什么人都不知道 |
[1:35:09] | – Lydia! – Oh, Mama! | -丽迪雅! -噢 妈妈! |
[1:35:16] | We passed Sarah Sims in her carriage. | 我们与莎拉·辛的车擦肩而过 |
[1:35:18] | So I took off my glove so she might see the ring. | 我就脱下手套 好让她看到我的戒指 |
[1:35:22] | Then I bowed and smiled like anything… | 然后我弯腰大笑 就像… |
[1:35:26] | I’m sure she was not half as radiant as you, my dear. | 我相信她连你一半的风光都没有 我亲爱的 |
[1:35:30] | You must all go to Brighton. | 你们一定得去去布莱顿 |
[1:35:33] | That is the place to get husbands. | 那里才是个找丈夫的地方 |
[1:35:34] | I hope you have half my good luck. | 但愿你们有我一半好运就好啦 |
[1:35:36] | Lydia. | 丽迪雅 |
[1:35:38] | I want to hear every little detail, Lydia, dear. | 我要知道每一个细节 丽迪雅 亲爱的 |
[1:35:42] | I’ve been enlisted in a regiment in the North of England. | 我在北英格兰被应征入伍 |
[1:35:46] | Glad to hear it. | 那真好 |
[1:35:47] | Near Newcastle. We travel there next week. | 在纽卡斯尔附近 我们下个星期就会去那里 |
[1:35:51] | – Can I come and stay with you? – That is out of the question. | -我能和你们一起去吗? -问都不要问 |
[1:35:55] | Monday morning came and I was in such a fuss. | 星期一到了 我还在大惊小怪 |
[1:35:58] | I don’t want to hear. | 我一点也不想听 |
[1:35:59] | There was my aunt preaching away as if reading a sermon. | 舅母一直不住嘴地讲呀 说呀 好像是在传道似的 |
[1:36:03] | – She was horrid unpleasant. – Can’t you understand why? | -她很不高兴 -你知道为什么吗? |
[1:36:07] | But I didn’t hear a word | 但我一个字都听不进 |
[1:36:09] | because I was thinking of my dear Wickham. | 因为我满脑子都在惦记我亲爱的韦翰 |
[1:36:12] | I longed to know if he’d be married in his bluecoat. | 我一心想要知道 他会不会穿着那件蓝制服结婚 |
[1:36:14] | The North of England, I believe, boasts some spectacular scenery. | 北英格兰 我相信那里会有很多壮观的景色的 |
[1:36:19] | So I thought, who is to be our best man | 所以我想 如果他不能回来 |
[1:36:21] | if he doesn’t come back? | 谁来做我们的傧相呢? |
[1:36:23] | Lucky, he did, or I would’ve had to ask Mr Darcy. | 幸好 他回来了 否则我就请达西先生做傧相了 |
[1:36:27] | – Mr Darcy! – I forgot! | -达西先生! -我怎么完全忘了! |
[1:36:31] | But I shouldn’t have said a word. | 这事我应该一字不提才对 |
[1:36:33] | Mr Darcy was at your wedding? | 达西先生在你的婚礼上? |
[1:36:35] | He was the one that discovered us. | 就是他找到我们的 |
[1:36:38] | He paid for the wedding, Wickham’s commission, everything. | 他给了婚礼的费用和韦翰在军队的委托金等所有费用 |
[1:36:43] | But he told me not to tell. | 但是他告诉我要我保密 |
[1:36:46] | – Mr Darcy? – Stop it, Lizzie. | -达西先生? -不要这样 伊丽莎白 |
[1:36:50] | Mr Darcy’s not half as high and mighty as you sometimes. | 有时 达西先生还没你这么盛气凌人呢 |
[1:36:59] | Kitty, have you seen my ring? | 吉蒂 看过我的戒指了么? |
[1:37:03] | Write to me often, my dear. | 多给我写写信吧 亲爱的 |
[1:37:05] | Married women never have much time for writing. | 结了婚的女人是没有什么工夫写信的 |
[1:37:08] | I dare say you won’t. | 我相信你没有 |
[1:37:10] | When I married your father, there didn’t seem to be enough hours in the day. | 当年我嫁给你爸爸的时候 时间根本不够用 |
[1:37:17] | My sisters may write to me, for they’ll have nothing else to do. | 姐姐们倒可以写信给我 反正她们也没事做 |
[1:37:29] | There’s nothing so bad as parting with one’s children. | 同自己的孩子离别 真是再难受不过的事 |
[1:37:34] | One seems so forlorn without them. | 他们走了 我好像失去了归宿 |
[1:37:42] | – Goodbye. – Goodbye, Lydia. Goodbye, Mr Wickham. | -再见 -再见 丽迪雅 再见 韦翰先生 |
[1:37:49] | Bye, Kitty. Bye, Papa. | 再见 吉蒂 再见 爸爸 |
[1:37:58] | I can’t imagine what your father does with all that ink. | 真难想象这么多的墨水你爸爸以后怎么用得完 |
[1:38:01] | Mrs Bennet. | 班纳特夫人 |
[1:38:04] | Did you hear the news, madam? Mr Bingley is returning to Netherfield. | 你听说了吗? 彬格莱先生要回尼日斐花园了 |
[1:38:09] | Mrs Nichols is ordering a haunch of pork. She expects him tomorrow. | 尼可斯夫人订了猪肉 打算明天招待他 |
[1:38:13] | Tomorrow? | 明天? |
[1:38:16] | Not that I care. Mr Bingley’s nothing to us. | 我关心的不是他 彬格莱对我们来说算不了什么 |
[1:38:18] | I’m sure I never want to see him again, no. | 我永远都不想再见到他 再也不 |
[1:38:22] | We shan’t mention a word about it. Is it quite certain he’s coming? | 我们不应该提起这个事情 他确定要回来了吗? |
[1:38:26] | Yes, madam. I believe he’s alone. | 是的 夫人 我想他是一个人来 |
[1:38:29] | His sister remains in town. | 他的妹妹还在城里 |
[1:38:33] | Why he thinks we should be interested, I’ve no idea. | 为什么他会认为我们有兴趣 我不知道 |
[1:38:37] | Come along, girls. | 跟我来 孩子们 |
[1:38:39] | We better go home at once and tell Mr Bennet. | 我们最好现在马上回家告诉班纳特老爷 |
[1:38:44] | The impudence of the man. I wonder he dare show his face. | 真是厚颜无耻 我在想他有没有胆量现身 |
[1:38:48] | It’s all right, Lizzie. | 没什么的 伊丽莎白 |
[1:38:50] | I’m just glad he’s alone | 他一个人来我真高兴 |
[1:38:51] | because we shall see less of him. | 因为这样我们就可以少点见到他 |
[1:38:53] | Not that I’m afraid of myself. But I dread other people’s remarks. | 我不是怕自己会怎么样 但我怕人们又要说三道四 |
[1:38:58] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 噢 对不起 |
[1:39:34] | He’s here. He’s here. He’s at the door. | 他到了 他到了 他就在门口 |
[1:39:37] | – Mr Bingley! – Mr Bingley? | -彬格莱先生! -彬格莱先生? |
[1:39:40] | Oh, my goodness! Everybody behave naturally. | 噢 我的天啊! 所有人都表现得自然点 |
[1:39:44] | And whatever you do, do not appear overbearing. | 无论怎样 都不要太傲慢 |
[1:39:46] | There’s someone with him. | 还有一个人和他一起来 |
[1:39:48] | Mr Whatsisname, the pompous one. | 叫什么先生 一个自负的人 |
[1:39:50] | Mr Darcy? The insolence of it. | 达西先生? 这个傲慢的家伙 |
[1:39:52] | What does he think of, coming here? | 他在想什么 他来这里干什么? |
[1:39:55] | Keep still, Jane. Mary, put that away at once. | 不要紧张 吉英 曼丽 把它拿开 |
[1:39:58] | Find some useful employment. | 做点有用的事情 帮帮忙 |
[1:40:01] | Oh, my Lord, I shall have a seizure, I’m sure I shall. | 天哪 我要保持冷静 要镇定 我一定要 |
[1:40:05] | Kitty. | 吉蒂 |
[1:40:07] | We can’t have this here. | 这个不能放在这里 |
[1:40:09] | Mary, the ribbons, the ribbons. | 曼丽 那些丝带 丝带 |
[1:40:13] | Mary, sit down at once. Mary! | 曼丽 马上坐好 曼丽! |
[1:40:21] | Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley, ma’am. | 达西先生和彬格莱先生到 夫人 |
[1:40:37] | How glad we are to see you, Mr Bingley. | 真高兴能见到你 彬格莱先生 |
[1:40:40] | There have been many changes since you went away. | 自从你走了以后 这一带发生了好多事情 |
[1:40:42] | Miss Lucas is married and settled. | 卢卡斯小姐结婚了 有了归宿 |
[1:40:45] | And one of my own daughters too. | 我自己的一个女儿也出了嫁 |
[1:40:48] | You will have seen it in the papers, | 你可能在报纸上看到了吧 |
[1:40:50] | though it was not put in as it ought to have been. | 上面有消息 不过写得不成体统 |
[1:40:52] | Very short. Nothing about her family. | 非常短 没有她家庭的介绍 |
[1:40:56] | Yes, I did hear of it. I offer my congratulations. | 是的 我的确听说过 恭喜你们 |
[1:40:59] | But it is very hard to have my Lydia taken away from me. | 然而丽迪雅离开我身边 我又觉得难受 |
[1:41:03] | Mr Wickham has been transferred to Newcastle, wherever that is. | 韦翰被调去纽卡斯尔 |
[1:41:07] | Will you stay long in the country? | 你会在乡下呆很长的时间么? |
[1:41:09] | Just a few weeks. For the shooting. | 只是几个星期 是来打猎的 |
[1:41:12] | When you’ve killed all your own birds, | 等你把你自己庄园里的鸟儿打完以后 |
[1:41:14] | I beg you will come here | 请到班纳特老爷的庄园里来 |
[1:41:15] | and shoot as many as you please. | 你爱打多少就打多少 |
[1:41:17] | Mr Bennet will be vastly happy to oblige | 我相信他一定非常乐意让你来 |
[1:41:19] | and will save the best coveys for you. | 而且会把最好的鹧鸪都留给你 |
[1:41:22] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[1:41:24] | – Are you well, Mr Darcy? – Quite well, thank you. | -你好吗 达西先生? -非常好 谢谢 |
[1:41:29] | I hope the weather stays fine for your sport. | 我希望天气为你的捕猎保持晴朗 |
[1:41:31] | – I return to town tomorrow. – So soon? | -我明天就回城了 -这么快? |
[1:41:36] | My Jane looks well, does she not? | 我的吉英看起来不错吧 不是吗? |
[1:41:43] | She does indeed. | 她的确看起来很好 |
[1:41:52] | Well, we must be going, I think. | 好了 我想我们要走了 |
[1:41:56] | Darcy. It’s been very pleasant to see you all again. | 达西 能再次见到你们 我们感到高兴 |
[1:41:59] | Miss Elizabeth. Miss Bennet. | 伊丽莎白小姐 班纳特小姐 |
[1:42:02] | You must come again. | 你一定要再来 |
[1:42:03] | Last winter, you promised to have a family dinner with us. | 去年冬天 你答应要上我们这儿来吃顿便饭 |
[1:42:07] | I’ve not forgot, you see. | 你要知道 我一直都把这事放在心上 |
[1:42:10] | At least three courses. | 至少三道主菜呢 |
[1:42:17] | Excuse me. | 请原谅 |
[1:42:25] | Most extraordinary. | 非常奇怪 |
[1:42:39] | We were going to walk in and she was going to say, “Sit down.” | 我们当时走进去 然后她说 “请坐” |
[1:42:43] | So, I feel… | 所以 我觉得… |
[1:42:55] | Oh, it’s a disaster, isn’t it? | 噢 这真是一场灾难! |
[1:42:57] | It’s been… | 这是… |
[1:43:02] | – Miss Bennet. – Mr Bingley. | -班纳特小姐 -彬格莱先生 |
[1:43:04] | I’ll just go in and I’ll just say it. | 我要直接走进去 然后说出来 |
[1:43:07] | Yes, exactly. | 好 正是要这样 |
[1:43:14] | I’m glad that’s over. | 我很高兴我们结束了 |
[1:43:15] | Now we can meet as indifferent acquaintances. | 现在我们两个见面就像素不相识的两个人 |
[1:43:18] | Oh, yes. | 哦 是哦 |
[1:43:19] | You cannot think me so weak as to be in danger now. | 你可别以为我那么软弱 还会招来什么危险 |
[1:43:22] | You are in great danger of making him as much in love with you as ever. | 我看你有极大的危险 会使他如痴如醉地爱你 |
[1:43:28] | I’m sorry he came with Mr Darcy. | 真抱歉 他把达西先生也带来了 |
[1:43:31] | Don’t say that. | 别那样说 |
[1:43:34] | Why ever not? | 为什么? |
[1:43:38] | Jane. | 吉英 |
[1:43:41] | – I’ve been so blind. – What do you mean? | -我一直那么盲目 -你说的是什么意思? |
[1:43:46] | Look, it’s him. He’s back. He’s come again. | 看 是他 他回来了 他又来了 |
[1:43:57] | I know this is all very untoward, | 我知道这一切都很唐突 |
[1:43:59] | but I would like to request the privilege of speaking to Miss Bennet. | 但我希望能有与班纳特小姐交谈的机会 |
[1:44:05] | Alone. | 单独交谈 |
[1:44:08] | Everybody to the kitchen immediately. | 所有人都立即去厨房 |
[1:44:12] | Except you, Jane, dear, of course. | 当然除了你 吉英 我亲爱的 |
[1:44:18] | Oh, Mr Bingley, it’s so good to see you again so soon. | 噢 彬格莱先生 能这么快再见到你 真是太好了 |
[1:44:43] | First, I must tell you I’ve been the most unmitigated and comprehensive ass. | 首先 我要告诉你 我是一个最愚昧无知的蠢货 |
[1:45:06] | Kitty, be quiet. | 吉蒂 安静点 |
[1:45:20] | Yes. | 我答应你 |
[1:45:23] | A thousand times yes. | 千千万万次答应你 |
[1:45:30] | Thank the Lord for that. I thought it would never happen. | 谢天谢地 我还以为这永远都不会发生 |
[1:46:20] | I am confident they will do well together. | 我相信他们在一起会幸福的 |
[1:46:25] | Their tempers are much alike. | 他们的性格很相似 |
[1:46:30] | They will be cheated assiduously by their servants. | 他们那么好讲话 会被仆人们欺负的 |
[1:46:34] | And be so generous with the rest, they will always exceed their income. | 他们都那么慷慨 到头来一定会入不敷出的 |
[1:46:40] | Exceed their income? He has 5,000 a year. | 入不敷出? 他一年有五千英镑收入 |
[1:46:49] | I knew she did not be so beautiful for nothing. | 我一向认为她不会白白生得这么美丽 |
[1:47:01] | “…must be free from all insincerity. | “…要远离所有的违心 |
[1:47:03] | She only can address herself effectually to the feelings of others | 她只能是设身处地去理解他人 |
[1:47:07] | whose mind glows with the warmth of sensibility | 那些人因为情感得到了温暖 思想更为活跃 |
[1:47:11] | and whose arguments result from conviction. | 因为有了信念而善于辩驳 |
[1:47:14] | She must feel the influence of those passions and emotions | 她一定感受到激情和情感的影响 |
[1:47:17] | which she wishes to inspire…” | 她希望能因此激发灵感…” |
[1:47:41] | Can you die of happiness? | 你会因为太幸福而死去吗? |
[1:47:45] | He was ignorant of my being in town in the spring. | 他说春天时完全不知道我也在城里 |
[1:47:48] | How did he account for it? | 他有没有说明是什么缘故? |
[1:47:50] | He thought me indifferent. | 他以为我不爱他 |
[1:47:52] | – Unfathomable. – No doubt poisoned by his sister. | -深不可测啊 -一定是他妹妹说我坏话的 |
[1:47:56] | Bravo. That’s the most unforgiving speech you’ve ever made. | 精彩! 我生平只听到你讲这一句气量小的话 |
[1:48:01] | Oh, Lizzie, if I could but see you so happy. | 噢 伊丽莎白 但愿你也会同样的幸福 |
[1:48:04] | If there was such a man for you. | 但愿你也能找到这样一个人 |
[1:48:10] | Perhaps Mr Collins has a cousin. | 说不定柯林斯还有个堂兄弟 |
[1:48:16] | – What is that? – What? | -那是什么声音? -什么? |
[1:48:18] | Maybe he’s changed his mind. | 也许他改变了主意 |
[1:48:23] | Coming! | 来啦! |
[1:48:28] | Yes? | 哪位? |
[1:48:32] | Lady Catherine. | 凯瑟琳夫人 |
[1:48:39] | The rest of your offspring, I presume? | 我想这些就是你其余的孩子们了? |
[1:48:43] | All but one. The youngest has been lately married, your Ladyship. | 还有一个不在 最小的女儿最近出嫁了 |
[1:48:46] | My eldest was proposed to only this afternoon. | 大女儿下午刚刚订婚 |
[1:48:51] | You have a very small garden. | 你们这儿还有个小花园呢 |
[1:48:53] | Could I offer you a cup of tea? | 要不要给你倒杯茶? |
[1:48:55] | Absolutely not. I need to speak to Miss Elizabeth Bennet alone. | 不必了 我要和伊丽莎白·班纳特单独交谈一会 |
[1:49:00] | As a matter of urgency. | 有件要紧的事情 |
[1:49:06] | You can be at no loss to understand why I am here. | 你一定不会不知道我为什么来吧 |
[1:49:09] | I cannot account for this honour at all. | 我完全不明白怎么会当得起你亲自上门这份荣耀 |
[1:49:12] | I warn you, I am not to be trifled with. | 我警告你 我是决不肯让人家来跟我开玩笑的 |
[1:49:16] | A most alarming report has reached me. | 我听到一个极其惊人的消息 |
[1:49:19] | That you intend to be united with my nephew, Mr Darcy. | 你试图攀上我的侄儿达西先生 |
[1:49:24] | I know this to be a falsehood. | 虽然我明知这是无稽之谈 |
[1:49:25] | Though not wishing to | 虽然我不会那样看不起他 |
[1:49:26] | injure him by supposing it possible, | 以为他真会看上你 |
[1:49:28] | I instantly set off to make my sentiments known. | 我还是立即过来这里 向你表明我的态度 |
[1:49:31] | If you believed it impossible, I wonder that you came so far. | 你既然认为不可能 又何必大老远跑来 |
[1:49:35] | To hear it contradicted. | 我是想亲耳听到这则消息是假的 |
[1:49:36] | Your coming will be a confirmation | 如果外界真有这种流言 |
[1:49:37] | if such a report exists. | 那么你的来访只会令流言弄假成真 |
[1:49:40] | If? You pretend to be ignorant of it? | 如果? 你假装对此事一无所知? |
[1:49:43] | Has it not been industriously circulated by yourself? | 难道这不是你自己拼命传出去的吗? |
[1:49:46] | I have never heard of it. | 我从来没有听说过 |
[1:49:49] | Can you declare there is no foundation for it? | 你能保证这次是空穴来风? |
[1:49:51] | I do not pretend to possess equal frankness with your Ladyship. | 我并不打算装得像你老人家一样坦白 |
[1:49:55] | You may ask a question | 你可以问 |
[1:49:56] | which I may choose not to answer. | 但我有权利选择回答或者不回答 |
[1:49:58] | Has my nephew made you an offer of marriage? | 我的侄子究竟向你求过婚没有? |
[1:50:01] | Your Ladyship has declared it to be impossible. | 你老人家自己刚刚还说过这绝不可能 |
[1:50:04] | Mr Darcy is engaged to my daughter. | 达西先生早跟我的女儿订过婚了 |
[1:50:06] | Now what have you to say? | 好吧 你还有什么话要说? |
[1:50:08] | If that is the case, you cannot suppose he would make an offer to me. | 如果当真如此 那你就没有理由认为他会向我求婚 |
[1:50:11] | You selfish girl. This union has been planned since their infancy. | 你真是自私 这门婚事是从他们小时候就定下来的 |
[1:50:17] | Do you think it can be prevented by a young woman of inferior birth | 你以为出身卑贱的你能够从中作梗? |
[1:50:20] | whose own sister’s elopement | 何况你妹妹与人私奔 |
[1:50:22] | resulted in a scandalously patched-up marriage | 靠舅舅出钱资助 |
[1:50:25] | only achieved at the expense of your uncle. | 才勉强结成了一门可耻不堪的婚事 |
[1:50:28] | Heaven and Earth! | 我的上帝啊! |
[1:50:29] | Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted? | 难道彭伯里就要这样被你们这些人玷污么? |
[1:50:33] | Tell me once and for all, are you engaged to him? | 爽爽快快告诉我 你究竟跟他订婚了没有? |
[1:50:39] | I am not. | 没有 |
[1:50:42] | Will you promise never to enter into such an engagement? | 你愿意答应我 永远不跟他订婚吗? |
[1:50:45] | I will not and I certainly never shall. | 我不会答应你 我当然永远不答应 |
[1:50:49] | You have insulted me in every possible way | 你把我侮辱得够了 |
[1:50:51] | and can now have nothing further to say. | 我不想再讲了 |
[1:50:55] | I must ask you to leave immediately. | 你现在马上给我离开 |
[1:51:00] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[1:51:04] | I have never been thus treated in my entire life! | 我一辈子都没有被这样对待过! |
[1:51:09] | – What is going on? – Just a small misunderstanding. | -发生什么事情了? -只是个小小的误会 |
[1:51:12] | For once in your life, leave me alone! | 求求你们 让我一个人静一下! |
[1:54:05] | – I couldn’t sleep. – Nor I. My aunt… | -我睡不着 -我也是 我姑妈… |
[1:54:08] | Yes, she was here. | 是的 她昨晚来过 |
[1:54:11] | How can I ever make amends for such behaviour? | 我真希望我可以为昨晚的事情做出补偿? |
[1:54:15] | After what you’ve done for Lydia | 经过丽迪雅的事情后 |
[1:54:17] | and, I suspect, for Jane, it is I who should be making amends. | 还有吉英的事情 我想做补偿的人应该是我 |
[1:54:22] | You must know. | 你得知道 |
[1:54:23] | Surely you must know it was all for you. | 你一定得知道 我做这一切都是为了你 |
[1:54:29] | You are too generous to trifle with me. | 你是个爽快的人 绝不会开我的玩笑 |
[1:54:33] | You spoke with my aunt last night and it has taught me to hope | 昨做你与我姑妈的谈话 倒让我觉得事情有了希望 |
[1:54:36] | as I’d scarcely allowed myself before. | 以前我几乎不敢奢望 |
[1:54:40] | If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. | 请你老实告诉我 你的心情是否还和四月里一样 |
[1:54:46] | My affections and wishes have not changed. | 我的心愿和情感依然如旧 |
[1:54:49] | But one word from you will silence me for ever. | 只要你说一句话 我便再也不提这桩事 |
[1:54:57] | If, however, your feelings have changed… | 如果 你的感觉有所改变的话… |
[1:55:04] | …I would have to tell you, | …我想告诉你 |
[1:55:07] | you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love… | 你把我的躯体和灵魂都占据了 我爱… |
[1:55:10] | I love… I love you. | 我爱…我爱你 |
[1:55:13] | I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. | 从今天起我不想与你分开 |
[1:55:28] | Well, then. | 唔 |
[1:55:34] | Your hands are cold. | 你的手好冷 |
[1:56:21] | Shut the door, please. | 请关门 |
[1:56:34] | Lizzie, are you out of your senses? I thought you hated the man. | 你疯了吗? 我以为你讨厌那个人 |
[1:56:40] | – No, Papa. – He is rich, to be sure. | -不 爸爸 -他当然有的是钱 那是肯定的 |
[1:56:45] | And you will have more fine carriages than Jane. | 可以使你的马车比吉英的更加豪华 |
[1:56:49] | But will that make you happy? | 难道这就会使你幸福吗? |
[1:56:52] | Have you no other objection | 你认为我对他并没有感情 |
[1:56:53] | than your belief in my indifference? | 除此以外 你还有别的反对意见吗? |
[1:56:56] | None at all. | 一点没有 |
[1:56:58] | We all know him to be a proud, unpleasant sort of fellow. | 我们都知道他是傲慢而不易亲近的人 |
[1:57:03] | But this would be nothing if you liked him. | 不过 只要你真正喜欢他 这也无关紧要 |
[1:57:06] | I do like him. | 我真的喜欢他 |
[1:57:10] | I love him. | 我爱他 |
[1:57:15] | He’s not proud. I was wrong. | 他不傲慢. 我是错的 |
[1:57:17] | I was entirely wrong about him. | 我以前对他的看法是完全错的 |
[1:57:23] | You don’t know him, Papa. If I told you what he was really like, | 你不了解他 爸爸 如果我告诉你他真正的一面 |
[1:57:26] | what he’s done… | 他做的事情… |
[1:57:29] | What has he done? | 他做了什么? |
[1:57:39] | But she doesn’t like him. I thought she didn’t like him. | 但她不喜欢他 我以为她不喜欢他 |
[1:57:43] | So did I. So did we all. | 我也是这样想 我们以前都这样认为的 |
[1:57:47] | We must have been wrong. | 我们都错了 |
[1:57:49] | It won’t be the first time, will it? | 这也不是第一次吧? |
[1:57:52] | No, nor the last, I dare say. | 不 我敢说 也不会是最后一次 |
[1:58:00] | Good Lord. | 我的天 |
[1:58:05] | – I must pay him back. – No. | -我必须要偿还他 -不 |
[1:58:09] | You mustn’t tell anyone. He wouldn’t want it. | 你不能告诉其他人 他不希望那样 |
[1:58:13] | We misjudged him, Papa. | 我们误解他了 爸爸 |
[1:58:14] | Me more than anyone. In every way. | 我对他的误解比你们都深 都深 |
[1:58:17] | Not just in this matter. | 并不只是这件事 |
[1:58:21] | I’ve been nonsensical. | 我真是愚昧无知 |
[1:58:24] | But he’s been a fool about Jane, | 但在吉英的事情上 他就像个蠢蛋一样 |
[1:58:27] | about so many other things. | 对很多事都是这样 |
[1:58:29] | But then, so have I. | 但是 我也是一样 |
[1:58:35] | You see, he and I are… | 你知道的 他和我… |
[1:58:40] | He and I are so similar. | 他和我挺像的 |
[1:58:44] | We’re both so stubborn. | 我们两个的性格都很固执 |
[1:58:49] | Papa, I… | 爸爸 我… |
[1:58:54] | You really do love him, don’t you? | 你真的是很爱他 不是吗? |
[1:58:58] | Very much. | 非常爱 |
[1:59:05] | I cannot believe that anyone can deserve you. | 我真不敢相信有人会配得上你 |
[1:59:11] | But it seems I am overruled. | 现在看起来 是我看错了 |
[1:59:15] | So I heartily give my consent. | 我衷心地祝福你们 |
[1:59:28] | I could not have parted with you, my Lizzie, to anyone less worthy. | 我是不想把你随便嫁给别人 我的伊丽莎白 |
[1:59:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:59:51] | If any young men come for Mary or Kitty, | 如果有其他年轻的小伙子来找曼丽或者吉蒂 |
[1:59:54] | for heaven’s sake, send them in. | 看在老天的份上 让他们进来吧 |
[1:59:56] | I’m quite at my leisure. | 我现在的生活可真是清闲 |
[1:59:59] | ***谢谢收看*** 下面的字幕感谢www.silu.info雪还是白的提供 | |
[2:00:21] | How are you this evening, my dear? | 你睡得好吗? 亲爱的? |
[2:00:23] | Very well. | 非常好 |
[2:00:24] | -Only I wish you would not call me “my dear”. -Why? | -希望你别再叫我”亲爱的”了 -为什么? |
[2:00:26] | Because it’s what my father always calls my mother when he’s cross about something. | 因为每当我父亲生气时才会如此称呼我母亲 |
[2:00:30] | What endearments am I allowed? | 那我可以怎么称呼你呢? |
[2:00:31] | Well let me think… | 哦 让我想想看 |
[2:00:33] | “Lizzie” for everyday | 寻常日子叫我”丽兹” |
[2:00:35] | “My Pearl” for Sundays | 星期天可以叫我”小傻瓜” |
[2:00:37] | and… | 另外… |
[2:00:39] | “Goddess Divine”, but only on very special occasions. | 在某些情况下 可以叫我”神气活现” |
[2:00:44] | And…what should I call you when I am cross? | 那么 我生气时该怎么叫你呢? |
[2:00:48] | “Mrs. Darcy”? | 达西夫人? |
[2:00:49] | No! No. | 不…不 |
[2:00:52] | You may only call me “Mrs. Darcy”… | 你只能在以下的情况下叫我”达西夫人” |
[2:00:56] | when you are completely, and perfectly, and incandescently happy. | 即当你完完全全 千真万确 毫无疑问地觉得幸福时 |
[2:01:04] | Then how are you this evening… Mrs. Darcy? | 你今晚过得怎么样? |
[2:01:07] | Mrs. Darcy | 达西夫人? |
[2:01:17] | Mrs. Darcy | 达西夫人 |
[2:01:23] | Mrs. Darcy | 达西夫人 |
[2:01:26] | Mrs. Darcy | 达西夫人 |
[2:01:33] | Mrs. Darcy | 达西夫人 |