时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:42] | I spoke with the coroner. | 我和验尸官谈过了 |
[01:44] | He made the change you requested. | 他按你的要求做了改动 |
[01:49] | “Accidental drowning.” | “意外溺死” |
[01:51] | Mr. Whitlock made a persuasive case for discretion. | 维特洛克先生这样判 更有说服力 |
[01:53] | There is the grandchild in the matter. | 毕竟还有个孙子呢 |
[01:58] | I thought I had my son back. | 我以为我儿子回来了 |
[02:02] | Then he would reach for the needle. | 后来他吸毒 |
[02:05] | And nothing I could do could stop him. | 我怎么样也阻止不了他 |
[02:08] | Would you like a few more minutes? | 你想再多待一会儿吗 |
[02:10] | Yes, that’s very kind– | 好的 真是非常感… |
[02:12] | We’ve made our farewells already, I think. | 我们已经和他告别了 |
[02:19] | Would you like to say a last word, Mr. Harrow? | 哈罗先生 你最后想跟他说点什么 |
[02:24] | You two were close. | 你们是挚友 |
[02:27] | Jimmy deserved better than this. | 吉米不该是如此下场 |
[03:00] | You pour your mash in the kettle, | 把麦芽浆 玉米 酵母 |
[03:02] | your corn, yeast– what have you– mix it with the water. | 倒进罐里 然后加水 |
[03:05] | And you plug in the stopper, | 塞好 |
[03:07] | insert your tubing, | 把管子插进去 |
[03:09] | and fire up the heat. | 点火 |
[03:14] | You wanna keep it around 172, not quite boiling. | 温度保持在78度左右 不要煮沸了 |
[03:17] | As it all cools down, drips out here, | 凉了之后 从这放出来 |
[03:20] | and abracadabra. | 然后就咪呢嘛呢哄 |
[03:22] | – Whiskey. – What’d I tell ya? | -威士忌出来了 -我说过吧 |
[03:24] | He’s not half as dumb as he looks. | 他没看起来那么笨 |
[03:26] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[03:28] | We’ll be out of your hair in a minute, dear. | 亲爱的 我们马上就走 |
[03:30] | You’re welcome as a guest in our home. | 欢迎你们来做客 |
[03:33] | What about the smell? | 味道怎么办 |
[03:35] | What about it? | 味道怎么了 |
[03:35] | We have neighbors. | 周围有邻居呢 |
[03:37] | Between the cabbage and the fish in that hallway, | 走廊里还有蔬菜和鱼 |
[03:38] | who’s gonna notice? | 谁会注意 |
[03:40] | Besides, half of them are doing the same thing. | 再说了 他们中的半数在做同样的事 |
[03:42] | I got people like you all over the North Side, George. | 乔治 我在北边有很多和你一样的人 |
[03:45] | Practically an army. | 几乎可以组成一支军队了 |
[03:47] | Nice little sideline. | 很好的副业 |
[03:48] | Except you, of course, are working off a debt– | 当然你是例外 我帮你处理了尸体 |
[03:52] | for my help getting rid of that probie’s body. | 你是为了报恩 |
[03:54] | – I understand. – Good. | -我明白 -很好 |
[03:57] | I want two cases a week. | 一周我要两箱 |
[03:59] | That’s 24 bottles. | 一共是二十四瓶 |
[04:03] | Oh, and tomorrow you’re coming with us to a meeting. | 明天 你和我们一起去开个会 |
[04:05] | Be on the corner of Wabash and 23rd at 11:00 a.M. | 十一点 沃巴什二十三号的拐角处 |
[04:08] | I have a job, sir. | 我还要上班呢 先生 |
[04:10] | You’ll figure something out. | 那你自己想法子 |
[04:14] | Peddles irons. You believe that? | 推销熨斗 你相信吗 |
[04:27] | 9:00 a.M., the Hotel Astor. | 早上九点 艾斯托酒店 |
[04:30] | I’m on the overnight express. | 我坐夜班车过来 |
[04:34] | – New York? – Tomorrow, just for the day. | -纽约 -明天去 晚上就回来 |
[04:37] | Rothstein or your other girlfriend? | 见罗斯坦还是你的小情人 |
[04:39] | Neither, actually. | 都不是 |
[04:41] | Where are we with the pony? | 马的事儿 说到哪儿了 |
[04:42] | Hot tip? | 什么马 |
[04:43] | For Emily’s birthday. | 艾米丽的生日礼物 |
[04:45] | She can hardly walk. | 她不能走路啊 |
[04:48] | Just stating the obvious. | 说出事实而已 |
[04:49] | That’s what the pony’s for. | 所以要马来代步 |
[04:51] | She’ll love it. So what do you think? | 她会喜欢的 你怎么看 |
[04:54] | Morgans are nice. Calm disposition. | 摩根马不错 性格温柔 |
[04:56] | Or a Shetland maybe. | 雪德兰马也行 |
[04:58] | June’s sister had one. They can get a bit feisty. | 琼的姐姐有一只 不太温柔 |
[05:00] | Chomped her pinky trying to grab a carrot. | 为了一根萝卜 把她小拇指咬断了 |
[05:02] | We don’t want to coddle her, Eli. | 伊莱 我们不想把她宠坏了 |
[05:04] | Leave it to me. I’ll get her all fixed up. | 交给我吧 我会安排好的 |
[05:07] | I– I don’t quite know how to say this. | 我 我不知道该怎么说 |
[05:10] | Just start yammering like always. | 和以前一样 发牢骚吧 |
[05:14] | James Darmody is dead. | 詹姆斯·达莫迪死了 |
[05:19] | That is pure speculation. | 纯属猜测 |
[05:20] | No. He has drowned. | 不 他是溺死的 |
[05:22] | The death notices. | 已出了讣告 |
[05:27] | “Mishap while bathing at the home of his mother | “在其母亲吉莉安·达莫迪太太的家里 |
[05:30] | Mrs. Gillian Darmody.” | 洗澡时 不小心溺水身亡” |
[05:35] | What the fuck? | 这他妈的怎么回事 |
[05:40] | I’m terribly sorry for your loss. | 请节哀顺变 |
[05:42] | Don’t be an idiot. | 别犯傻了 |
[05:54] | I mean, you walk down the street | 沿街而下 |
[05:58] | and there’s these ruins just sitting there, | 周边都是遗迹 |
[06:02] | thousands of years old. | 有几千年的历史了 |
[06:06] | Look who’s back. | 看看谁回来了 |
[06:14] | So how was it? | 情况如何 |
[06:15] | Give me a new perspective, that’s for sure. | 你必须得说点新鲜的 |
[06:17] | The medigans– it’s a fuckin’ rat race over here. | 那些美国佬 都他妈拼的你死我活 |
[06:21] | Italy, they take it slow. | 意大利人 淡定 |
[06:23] | A little bread, a little vino. | 吃点面包 喝点小酒 |
[06:25] | What, you want wine? We got a whole fuckin’ distillery. | 想喝酒呀 我们他妈的有一个酿酒厂 |
[06:28] | We don’t have the feeling. | 我们没那个情调 |
[06:30] | He was just telling me about the volcano. | 他刚在给我说火山 |
[06:32] | – What volcano? – Vesuvius. | -什么火山 -维苏威火山[意大利] |
[06:34] | That’s near Naples. | 那不勒斯附近 |
[06:35] | I know that. I was just there. | 我知道 我刚去过 |
[06:37] | He says the whole place is falling to pieces. | 他说那个地方快崩塌了 |
[06:39] | That’s not f– I mean the way they live. | 不是… 我是说他们生活的方式 |
[06:41] | Before we hear about the holiday… | 在你分享度假乐趣之前… |
[06:47] | Yeah, uh, John, welcome home. | 约翰 欢迎回来 |
[06:56] | So we had a little eruption here, too. | 我们也出了点事情 |
[06:58] | Joe Miller. | 乔·米勒 |
[06:59] | – Do I know him? – He’s with O’Banion. | -我认识吗 -奥巴尼恩的手下 |
[07:02] | At least he was. | 反正生前是 |
[07:03] | So he’s past tense. | 他死了 |
[07:04] | He insulted Jake, smacked him around. | 他侮辱杰克 抽他耳光 |
[07:06] | And O’Banion– how’d he take it? | 奥巴尼恩怎么处理的 |
[07:09] | He’s touchy. I kept it on ice. | 他生气了 我把事情稳下来了 |
[07:12] | He’s gonna come by the yards tomorrow to hash it out. | 他明天会过来 解决这事 |
[07:19] | I didn’t write ’cause I know you was trying to relax. | 我没写信 因为我知道你想休息 |
[07:22] | I mean, I know you said you didn’t want no problems, | 我知道你说过不想出岔子 |
[07:24] | and I’m sure you’re sore, but there was nothing I could do. | 你肯定很生气 但我是不得已而为之 |
[07:29] | You did what you thought was right. | 你做了你认为对的事 |
[07:32] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:36] | Tomorrow, then. | 那就明天解决 |
[07:43] | There’s still the matter of Tommy’s guardianship. | 汤米的监护人还是个问题 |
[07:46] | – Whatever it costs. – You’re raising him in a whorehouse. | -不计代价 -你放他在妓院里生活 |
[07:50] | It’s a health resort. | 这里是健康的休息场所 |
[07:51] | They’re going to want to inspect everything, you know. | 各个方面他们都会审查的 |
[07:54] | Ahem, ma’am, Mr. Thompson is calling. | 夫人 汤普森先生来了 |
[08:00] | Show him in. | 让他进来 |
[08:13] | Do you know what you can always rely on in this business? | 你知道这行最值得仰仗的是什么吗 |
[08:17] | What? | 是什么 |
[08:18] | Sooner or later, | 迟早 |
[08:20] | everyone steps through your door. | 不管谁 都会上门来 |
[08:24] | Leander, would you mind | 利安德 你能 |
[08:26] | if I spoke with Mrs. Darmody alone? | 让我和达莫迪太太单独聊聊吗 |
[08:36] | You’re working toward something. Remember that. | 你还有事情要做 请记住 |
[08:47] | I’ve come to offer my condolences. | 我特地前来 以示哀悼 |
[08:52] | How very kind. | 十分感激 |
[08:53] | You can imagine my shock when I saw this morning’s paper. | 我看到消息时 震惊万分 |
[08:56] | A young man cut down in his prime. | 一颗繁星的陨落 |
[09:03] | A troubled young man. | 不幸的繁星 |
[09:05] | Driven to narcotics, truth be told. | 事实是 吸毒致死 |
[09:10] | I hadn’t even realized he was back in town. | 我都不知道他回来了 |
[09:12] | Last week. | 上周回来的 |
[09:15] | Back from one of his excursions. | 远行归来 |
[09:21] | I would very much liked to have seen him. | 我其实很想见见他 |
[09:23] | And he you, I’m sure. | 他也是 我肯定 |
[09:26] | Things were rather tense last time. | 虽然你们上一次见面气氛不太好 |
[09:30] | To James. | 敬詹姆斯 |
[09:37] | Shall we stop now with all this nonsense? | 能省了这些废话吗 |
[09:43] | It is nonsense, isn’t it? | 的确是废话 对吧 |
[09:44] | We should really be drinking to the sap who died in your tub. | 我们敬的 应该是死在你浴缸里的那个笨蛋 |
[09:47] | You killed my son, Nucky. | 你杀了我儿子 努基 |
[09:50] | – You’re out of your mind. – And I’ll never see him again. | -胡说 -我不会再见你 |
[09:52] | A man who buried a son himself– | 亲手杀死我儿子的人 |
[09:54] | I had nothing to do with any of that. | 那不关我的事 |
[09:55] | –to stand there and lie to my face! | 还当着我的面撒谎 |
[09:59] | After all the disappointments, | 我已经历了这么多失望 |
[10:00] | – the false promises– – I kept every one. | -虚假的承诺 -我履行了承诺 |
[10:02] | to him and to me. | 对我 对他的虚假承诺 |
[10:05] | Here’s what I came to tell you. | 我来是为了告诉你 |
[10:08] | Whatever you’re trying to pull, | 不管你想搞什么花样 |
[10:10] | there’s something you’d best keep in mind– | 你最好谨记一些事 |
[10:13] | you exist in this town because I allow you to. | 你能在这里立足 是因为我点了头 |
[10:17] | And all in all, I’d say that’s– | 总而言之 我会说… |
[10:19] | Very generous of you. | 您真慷慨 |
[10:26] | You’d be wise to say that like you mean it. | 你最好说得真切点 |
[10:38] | Well, next is the delicate matter of the act itself. | 下一个该讨论文件的敏感字眼了 |
[10:42] | Something you’re looking forward to, is it? | 这是你最期待的事情 对吧 |
[10:45] | My concern is that it be placed within the proper moral context. | 我更关心它是否符合道德规范 |
[10:49] | I’m here to keep him on the path, Sister. | 我会监督他的 修女 |
[10:54] | I will see you both next Thursday. | 我们下周四再见 |
[11:00] | Am I wrong or is she flirting with me? | 是我误会了 还是她在对我调情 |
[11:04] | Every time we talk, she always brings it around to sex. | 每次谈话都会被她扯到性方面去 |
[11:09] | Mrs. Shearer. | 席勒夫人 |
[11:11] | Do you have a question? | 有问题要问吗 |
[11:12] | I need to talk to her. | 我要和她谈谈 |
[11:17] | Well, I have reports to attend to | 我还有报告要写 |
[11:19] | and maybe a chance to actually eat dinner, so… | 或许好好吃顿晚餐 那么失陪了 |
[11:28] | I’m glad you were able to come to the classes. | 你能来听课真是太好了 |
[11:31] | I hope you’re finding them useful. | 希望课程内容对你有所帮助 |
[11:33] | If there’s anything– | 如果有什么需要… |
[11:34] | My husband won’t keep off me. | 我丈夫不肯放过我 |
[11:36] | I told him I wasn’t ready. | 我说过我还没准备好 |
[11:37] | And he waited for a while, | 之后他等了一阵 |
[11:41] | but now… | 可是现在… |
[11:44] | Did you explain to him that it still isn’t– | 你有没有向他解释现在为时过早 |
[11:46] | I don’t want another child, | 我不想再生孩子了 |
[11:49] | no matter what. | 无论如何 |
[11:52] | That’s not something we’re allowed to discuss here. | 这里是不可以谈论这个的 |
[11:55] | It’s what every woman who came tonight wants to know. | 这才是今晚来听课的每一个女人想要知道的 |
[11:59] | I made a promise to the sister– | 我向修女保证过 |
[12:01] | You came to me, you offered help. | 是你找到我 要提供帮助 |
[12:03] | I– there is a pamphlet I can give you. | 我…我可以给你一本小册子 |
[12:08] | It explains different methods– | 里面讲解了许多不同的方法… |
[12:09] | I don’t need a pamphlet | 我不需要小册子 |
[12:11] | or some man to tell me what I already know. | 或者什么男人来教我已经知道的东西 |
[12:15] | When you first saw me and I was bleeding… | 我们第一次见面 我在流血 |
[12:21] | I wasn’t… | 其实不是… |
[12:25] | Yes? | 什么 |
[12:26] | I stored the milk. | 我故意留的陈牛奶 |
[12:29] | I waited. | 等它变质 |
[12:32] | It wasn’t an accident. | 那不是意外 |
[12:36] | You understand? | 你懂吗 |
[12:39] | I drank it on purpose to lose the baby. | 我喝陈牛奶来流掉孩子 |
[12:41] | I won’t go through that again. | 我再也不要经历那样的事了 |
[12:48] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[12:50] | One of those Dutch caps that go up here | 那种用在这里的子宫帽 |
[12:53] | so I can control things. | 让我可以控制生育 |
[12:54] | But I don’t know how to get one. | 可我不知道从哪里弄 |
[12:55] | You have to ask a doctor. | 你要问医生要 |
[12:58] | A doctor won’t give me a diaphragm. | 医生不会给我子宫隔膜的 |
[12:59] | A doctor won’t even listen to me. | 医生甚至不会听我说话 |
[13:01] | Doctors only listen to ladies like you. | 医生只听你这样的夫人说话 |
[13:29] | It is okay, husband. | 没事的 丈夫 |
[13:32] | Sleep. | 睡吧 |
[13:52] | Plan to take in any shows while you’re in New York? | 打算在纽约看出戏吗 |
[13:55] | I hadn’t really considered it. | 还没考虑过 |
[13:57] | “Dizzy Izzy” Is a lot of laughs. | 《头晕依奇》很有趣 |
[13:59] | I could set you up with house seats. | 我可以给你安排保留座位 |
[14:00] | Let’s keep the favors to a minimum. | 娱乐先放到一边吧 |
[14:04] | What do you do for fun, Esther? | 你平时有什么消遣 埃斯特 |
[14:07] | I run naked through the pages of the United States Criminal Code. | 我在《美国刑法》的篇章间裸奔 |
[14:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:14] | I believe I can say with some conviction | 我想我可以有信心地说 |
[14:18] | that the arrangements are in place. | 事情已经安排妥当 |
[14:21] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[14:24] | Miss Randolph, do you wish to be privy to these revelations? | 兰多夫小姐 你有兴趣知道这些事情的细节吗 |
[14:28] | In for a penny. | 非常 |
[14:29] | Mm, I applaud your boldness. | 我赞成您的直率 |
[14:33] | Secretary Mellon is in Manhattan today | 梅隆部长今天在曼哈顿 |
[14:35] | attending to matters particular to his private enterprises. | 处理他私人产业的一些事物 |
[14:40] | He will, as a creature of habit, | 按照习惯他今天会在 |
[14:42] | take his luncheon at the Union Club | 联合俱乐部用午餐 |
[14:44] | on 51st Street and 5th Avenue. | 第五大道五十一街 |
[14:47] | How do I get in there? | 我怎么进去 |
[14:49] | You, Mr. Thompson, cannot. | 你 汤普森先生是进不去的 |
[14:51] | However, Mr. Charles Rickson of Missouri can, | 然而 密苏里州的查尔斯·里克森先生却可以 |
[14:56] | owing to a reciprocal agreement with the Kansas City Club. | 因为卡萨斯城俱乐部与联合俱乐部有互惠协议 |
[15:00] | Charles Rickson? | 查尔斯·里克森 |
[15:01] | You have prospered mightily in beef, Mr. Rickson, | 里克森先生 您是牛肉产业大亨 |
[15:05] | and your name is on the register. | 册子上有您的名字 |
[15:09] | What do I need to know? | 我需要知道什么 |
[15:10] | Andrew Mellon is one of the richest men in the world. | 安德鲁·梅隆是世界上最富有的人之一 |
[15:13] | As the head of the Treasury Department, | 作为财政部部长 |
[15:14] | he’s responsible for enforcing Prohibition | 推行禁酒令实施与收缴赋税 |
[15:17] | as well as collecting the income tax, | 都是他的责任 |
[15:19] | neither of which I understand him to be partial to. | 据我所知 两者他都不太喜欢 |
[15:22] | And he despises Harry Daugherty. | 还有他憎恶哈利·达赫提 |
[15:24] | Whom he regards as no more than a common thief– | 他认为达赫提不过是一个小贼 |
[15:27] | not to cast dispersions on our employer. | 不是我对领导不敬 |
[15:31] | Is that enough to get Mellon to arrest Remus? | 这足以让梅隆逮捕达赫提吗 |
[15:33] | The secretary’s business interests are manifold. | 这位部长的商业投资很广 |
[15:36] | He is prominent in finance, steel, coal. | 突出的有金融 钢铁 煤矿 |
[15:40] | He is also the majority shareholder | 他还是宾夕法尼亚州 |
[15:43] | in the Old Overholt Distillery in West Overton, Pennsylvania. | 西奥弗顿老欧文赫特酒厂的大股东 |
[15:47] | Andrew Mellon owns a distillery? | 安德鲁·梅隆有酒厂 |
[15:49] | Pointless possession in this day and age, | 在现今的情势下算不上大产业 |
[15:51] | but it is remarkable how large small irritations | 但是微小的刺激 |
[15:55] | can loom in the minds of great men. | 却总能影响伟人的决断 |
[16:01] | That’s all you’re going to give me? | 你就只告诉我这些 |
[16:03] | Rather more than you walked in with. | 您所知已经比进门时多了许多 |
[16:06] | The rest will be a tribute to your resourcefulness. | 余下的就要靠足下的聪明才智了 |
[16:09] | You know, I don’t think I do want to hear everything. | 我要是不要知道所有细节为好 |
[16:32] | You notice anything funny lately? | 发现最近有什么有趣的事了吗 |
[16:34] | – What do you mean? – At work. | -你指什么 -工作上 |
[16:36] | You know, the way people been acting. | 大家最近的行为 |
[16:38] | – Johnny say anything to you? – About what? | -强尼对你说过什么吗 -关于什么 |
[16:41] | About what happened– Joe Miller. | 关于发生的事 乔·米勒 |
[16:43] | Why? Was he sore? | 怎么 他病了吗 |
[16:44] | I don’t know. Didn’t say nothing. | 我不知道 什么都没啥 |
[16:47] | I don’t like this, Jake. | 我不喜欢这里 杰克 |
[16:49] | It’s where the meat comes from. | 这样才有肉吃 |
[16:51] | Hitch up your pants. They’re hanging off your ass. | 提提裤子 都要掉了 |
[16:54] | – Boys! – John! | -小子们 -约翰 |
[16:58] | You want coffee? | 喝咖啡吗 |
[17:00] | I had espresso at home. | 在家刚喝过 |
[17:02] | Look at this place. | 瞧瞧这地方 |
[17:06] | You believe the stink? | 这么臭 能相信吗 |
[17:08] | It’s where the meat comes from. | 这样才有肉吃 |
[17:11] | O’Banion. | 奥巴尼恩 |
[17:21] | – Dean, how you been? – John. | -迪恩 你怎么样 -约翰 |
[17:24] | You know Hymie Weiss. | 你认得犹太佬维斯吧 |
[17:25] | Good to see you. | 很荣幸 |
[17:28] | There’s a new face. | 这里有张新面孔 |
[17:30] | He’s my muscle. | 我的打手 |
[17:32] | What’s in the case? | 箱子里是什么 |
[17:33] | Tell him, George. | 告诉他 乔治 |
[17:35] | – Irons. – Yeah. | -熨斗 -对 |
[17:38] | Press you out nice and flat. | 熨得又平又帖 |
[17:41] | Where you from? | 你是哪里人 |
[17:43] | Me? Cicero. | 我吗 西塞罗 |
[17:44] | So this Joe Miller business– | 乔·米勒的事 |
[17:46] | I’ve been very well behaved. | 我可是很讲道理 |
[17:48] | – Cooled my heels waiting for you– – I was over in Naples. | -等你等得脚都麻了 -我当时在那不勒斯 |
[17:51] | – Different world, Deanie. – Meanwhile– | -截然不同的世界 迪恩尼 -然而… |
[17:52] | People there– very gracious with each other. | 那边的人彼此间相当慷慨 |
[17:55] | – You know why? – All due respect– | -知道为什么吗 -无意冒犯… |
[17:57] | Because they understand life is short. | 因为他们懂得人生短暂 |
[18:02] | Threats? Really? | 威胁我 真的吗 |
[18:05] | You show up after months and you got the gall– | 你几个月不出现 一来就… |
[18:07] | Hey! John’s talking. | 约翰还没说完 |
[18:08] | He took a fucking barstool to Joe Miller’s head. | 他用酒吧高脚凳砸乔·米勒的脑袋 |
[18:10] | Standing in our speak like you own the fuckin’ joint. | 以为这是你的地盘吗 不怕风大闪了舌头 |
[18:12] | – This is how you settle a beef… – Yeah. | -你们就这么了事 -对 |
[18:13] | when I’m the one who kept my word, huh? | 我可是言而有信 |
[18:14] | – Pompeii. – What? | -庞贝 -什么 |
[18:18] | Pom-peii. You heard of it? | 庞贝 听说过吗 |
[18:22] | The town was buried in 79 A.D. | 古城于公元七十九年被埋葬 |
[18:29] | These poor fuckin’ souls– | 那些可怜的人 |
[18:31] | for generations they’re next to this mountain. | 祖祖辈辈居住在山脚下 |
[18:33] | They got no idea it’s actually a volcano. | 完全不知道那是一座火山 |
[18:36] | One day, they’re going about their affairs and boom! | 有一天大家照常生活 一声巨响 |
[18:41] | The lava. Covers everything. | 火山岩浆覆盖了一切 |
[18:44] | Not even time to run. | 甚至没有时间逃走 |
[18:45] | Right. | 对 |
[18:46] | They’re still there– hundreds of them, | 他们还在那里 数百人 |
[18:49] | frozen, like statues. | 凝固在那里 就像雕像 |
[18:52] | One fella– a blacksmith or something– | 有一个人 铁匠什么的 |
[18:55] | still got the hammer in his hand. | 手里还握着锤子 |
[18:58] | He died doing what? | 他死的时候在做什么 |
[19:02] | Banging on some tin for a few shekels | 为了几个舍客勒做锡器 |
[19:05] | or whatever they used. | 或者是别的什么钱币 |
[19:06] | And losing that money– | 他怕失去这份钱 |
[19:09] | he was more afraid of that | 甚至远甚于 |
[19:11] | than losing his life. | 害怕失去生命 |
[19:20] | So Joe Miller. | 那么乔·米勒呢 |
[19:23] | Al here’s gonna work something out. | 这件事阿尔来处理 |
[19:25] | I came here to settle with you. | 我是来找你谈的 |
[19:26] | Well, there’s your mistake, Deanie. | 那就是你的错误了 迪恩尼 |
[19:28] | ‘Cause the person to talk to was Al. | 因为你该找的人是阿尔 |
[19:38] | The past is for suckers, right? | 失败者才纠结于过去 不是吗 |
[19:42] | Depends what happens in the future. | 取决于未来如何发展 |
[19:44] | John said to talk, so let’s talk. | 约翰说谈 我们就谈 |
[19:56] | Let’s have a look at you. | 让我来瞧瞧你 |
[20:05] | You’re quite serious about this. | 你很认真嘛 |
[20:07] | It’s wise to be. | 认真是明智之举 |
[20:10] | There’s more blood spilled at horse fairs than anywhere else. | 马场上的事故比别处都多 |
[20:14] | – Did you have one in Coleraine? – Oh, aye. | -你在科尔雷恩有小马吗 -有的 |
[20:17] | Great gas of a day. | 那可是好日子 |
[20:21] | Yeah, my dad put on his best, | 我爸爸会穿上最好的衣服 |
[20:24] | strolled down the high street like a grand man, | 趾高气扬地走在大路上 |
[20:26] | jiggling the coins in his pocket. | 口袋里的钱币叮当作响 |
[20:28] | What did he do? | 他是做什么的 |
[20:29] | He was only a clerk for the ironmongers, | 五金商店里的会计 |
[20:31] | but he– he had a certain air. | 可是他就有那样一种派头 |
[20:34] | You had to admire it. | 你不得不佩服 |
[20:36] | And a shilling for me to spend as I liked. | 给我一先令 随便花 |
[20:39] | Licorice rope. | 甘草绳 |
[20:41] | Fry’s Chocolate Cream. | 弗莱奶油巧克力 |
[20:46] | What of yourself? | 你呢 |
[20:49] | We had a Welsh Cob for plowing. | 我们有一匹威尔士柯伯犁马 |
[20:52] | I’d ride him when I could. | 我有机会就骑 |
[20:54] | Till my father drank him away. | 直到爸爸卖了他换酒 |
[20:57] | I did so love the fair, though. | 我还喜欢集市 |
[20:59] | People from miles around– | 几里内的人都会来 |
[21:02] | old bachelors down from the hills, | 南边山里的老单身汉 |
[21:05] | tinkers on the road, | 路上的补锅匠 |
[21:07] | dancing and songs coming out from the pubs. | 小酒馆里传来歌舞声 |
[21:10] | Bit of life to the world, wasn’t it? | 给世界注入了些生机 不是吗 |
[21:12] | We’d sneak away and wander. | 我们会偷偷溜出来闲逛 |
[21:15] | And my brother Eamonn… | 我哥哥埃蒙 |
[21:19] | What? What of him? | 怎么 他怎么了 |
[21:22] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[21:26] | He’d walk behind someone– | 他会溜到人家背后 |
[21:28] | ahem, a fat man, or bandy-legs, | 通常是个胖家伙 或是跛脚 |
[21:31] | and imitate him when he couldn’t see. | 然后模仿他们的一举一动 |
[21:34] | All I could do to keep from falling in the mud laughing. | 我只能强忍着不要笑得失态 |
[21:43] | So you approve? | 那么你同意咯 |
[21:45] | Of Kip here? Aye. | 奇普么 是的 |
[21:47] | Seems right enough. | 已经不错了 |
[21:49] | Well, folks? | 怎么样 |
[21:52] | Take him around the paddock, see what he’s like. | 带它去牧场遛遛 看看怎么样 |
[21:58] | The lady wants some time to think it over. | 这位女士还需要点时间考虑 |
[22:08] | Can’t see a thing. | 什么都看不见 |
[22:11] | In the theater, you know there’s an audience out there. | 通常在剧院里 台下会有观众 |
[22:13] | Maybe you think you’re too good for the movies. | 也许你觉得自己拍电影委屈了 |
[22:16] | Why would I think that? | 我怎么会这么想 |
[22:18] | Something I’ve noticed with you stage types. | 从你的台风看出来的 |
[22:20] | Oh, I don’t think | 我可没觉得 |
[22:22] | I’m too good for anything. | 自己有什么委屈的 |
[22:24] | I mean, I love ’em. | 我热爱这一切 |
[22:27] | What do you love about them? | 你为什么热爱 |
[22:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:31] | Sit in the dark, | 坐在黑暗里 |
[22:33] | stare up into the screen, | 盯着大荧幕 |
[22:37] | forget who you are for a while. | 暂时忘记了自我 |
[22:39] | Most people say “Where you are.” | 多数人说”在哪” |
[22:41] | Pardon? | 什么意思 |
[22:42] | You said “Forget who you are.” | 你说”忘了自我” |
[22:46] | Is that what you’re trying to do? | 这是你想努力做到的吗 |
[22:49] | Aren’t we all? | 我们不都如此吗 |
[22:52] | Turn left. | 向左转 |
[22:55] | And right. | 右转 |
[22:57] | Look up. | 向上看 |
[23:00] | Holy thoughts. | 虔诚的期盼 |
[23:03] | Okay, let’s see how the camera likes you. | 好 来看下你是否上镜 |
[23:05] | You wanna do that? | 你想试镜吗 |
[23:06] | Why else would anyone schlep out to Queens? | 不然来皇后剧院干嘛 |
[23:09] | Sassy. | 古灵精怪 |
[23:10] | You know Gil Longacre? | 你认识吉尔·朗埃克吗 |
[23:12] | I did “Full Steam Ahead” with Mr. King at Lasky. | 我和金先生在拉斯基合演过《全速前进》 |
[23:15] | Freighter, stowaway, Chinaman with a hatchet, | 承运人 偷渡者 拿着短柄小斧的中国佬 |
[23:17] | a monkey, and a girl. | 一只猴子 一个女孩儿 |
[23:20] | Sounds like a doozy. | 听上去是个大人物啊 |
[23:21] | Well, it paid for my house. | 我的房子就是靠这部戏挣来的 |
[23:23] | You two sit there. | 你们俩坐那 |
[23:27] | Don’t look at the lens. | 不要看镜头 |
[23:28] | Keep your lips closed when we kiss. | 我们接吻的时候你把嘴巴闭上 |
[23:30] | Wait, we’re kissing? | 慢着 我们要接吻吗 |
[23:31] | And roll. | 开拍 |
[23:34] | All right, Gil’s a charming gambler on the run from the law. | 好吧 吉尔是一位亡命天涯的赌徒 魅力非凡 |
[23:36] | You’re a showgirl down on her luck. | 你是一位不得志的歌舞女郎 |
[23:38] | Not a lead, but, you know, the funny one in the chorus. | 不是主演 而是在歌舞队中搞笑的那个 |
[23:41] | – The pony. – Is that what they’re called? | -丑角 -是这么叫的吗 |
[23:43] | Action! | 开始 |
[23:45] | Is this cab taken? | 这辆车有人坐了吗 |
[23:46] | It sure is, and I’m the one who took it. | 当然了 我正坐着呢 |
[23:48] | – Don’t turn your head so far. – Do you mind? | -先别回头看 -你不介意拼车吧 |
[23:50] | – We’re headed the same way. – Give him some lip, blossom. | -我们是一路的 -对他撅嘴 花美人 |
[23:52] | Keep your face out. | 别转头 |
[23:54] | You’ve got your nerve. Why, I oughta– | 你好大的胆子 凭什么我要… |
[23:55] | And policeman outside. He’s looking, he’s looking. | 警察在外面 四处张望 搜索 |
[23:58] | What are you gonna do, Johnny Diamonds? | 你要怎么做 约翰尼·戴蒙德 |
[23:59] | They’re after you. | 他们在追捕你 |
[24:02] | Policeman. | 警察还在 |
[24:03] | Policeman. Policeman. | 警察还在 还在 |
[24:06] | And he’s gone. | 走了 |
[24:14] | What did I do to deserve that? | 我做了什么你要打我 |
[24:15] | – What didn’t you? – Make sure he gets the message. | -你心知肚明 -给他点颜色看看 |
[24:19] | Cabbie, St. Patrick’s and step on it. | 司机 去圣帕特里克 赶紧的 |
[24:21] | I’m late for church. | 去教堂要迟到了 |
[24:54] | Would you tell him to turn off that ticker? | 能让他把那钟关了吗 |
[25:21] | You don’t care what the market is doing? | 你不关心市场行情吗 |
[25:24] | This is meant to be a retreat. | 我已经隐退江湖了 |
[25:27] | Then I won’t take up much of your time. | 我不会打扰你太久 |
[25:29] | Why would you take up any of it? | 何必要打扰 |
[25:32] | Because we have an enemy in common. | 因为我们有共同的敌人 |
[25:36] | Harry Daugherty. | 哈利·达赫提 |
[25:39] | You’re not a member of this club. | 你不是俱乐部成员 |
[25:42] | I’m not a member of any club. | 我没有加入任何俱乐部 |
[25:50] | My name is Enoch Thompson. | 我叫伊诺克·汤普森 |
[25:52] | You may have heard of me. | 你可能听说过我 |
[25:56] | Or not. | 或许没有 |
[25:57] | In any case, the Attorney General and I have had dealings, | 总之 我和检察长有过生意来往 |
[26:02] | but those dealings have come to an end. | 但这些生意都结束了 |
[26:04] | And the nature of these dealings would be? | 这些生意的本质是什么 |
[26:07] | Circumvention of the Volstead Act. | 规避禁酒法案 |
[26:11] | Should I continue? | 我能继续说吗 |
[26:23] | I make no excuses for myself. | 我并不是给自己开脱 |
[26:26] | I’m a businessman, | 我是个商人 |
[26:28] | a small businessman, | 小商人 |
[26:29] | and I’m sure you can understand that. | 你肯定能明白吧 |
[26:32] | But for Harry Daugherty, | 但是哈利·达赫提 |
[26:34] | the chief law enforcement officer of the United States, | 美国的首席执法人员 |
[26:37] | to be involved with– to in fact be the head of– | 牵涉到 其实是领导着 |
[26:40] | a large criminal conspiracy, | 一场重大的犯罪活动 |
[26:43] | something is wrong with the country, Mr. Secretary. | 这个国家出了问题 部长先生 |
[26:45] | Something is very wrong. | 出了大问题了 |
[26:47] | Your sense of patriotism is offended, Mr. Thompson? | 汤普森先生 你的爱国之心被冒犯了吗 |
[26:51] | Isn’t yours? | 你不也是吗 |
[26:55] | Daugherty is nothing but a shabby little huckster. | 达赫提只是一个卑鄙的小商贩 |
[26:59] | – I’ve always thought so. – The whole lot of them are. | -我一直这么认为 -他们都是 |
[27:01] | That’s what democracy gets you– | 这就是民主带给你的 |
[27:04] | bandits fighting over a cut of the loot. | 一群土匪 为分赃争斗 |
[27:07] | The income tax. | 为所得税 |
[27:08] | Sanctioned robbery with no constitutional basis. | 那是没有宪法依据的合法抢劫 |
[27:12] | And Prohibition? | 禁酒呢 |
[27:15] | A child’s idea of morality. | 幼稚的道德观点 |
[27:18] | I don’t envy your position. | 我真不嫉妒你的职位 |
[27:20] | But we– I hope you’ll allow me to say “We”– | 但是我们 希望你允许说”我们” |
[27:24] | can do something about that | 可以彼此帮助 |
[27:25] | and help each other in the bargain. | 共商权宜之策 |
[27:27] | You have the power to arrest George Remus, | 你有权力逮捕乔治·雷穆斯 |
[27:31] | the biggest bootlegger in the country | 他是国内最大的私酒贩子 |
[27:33] | with direct, ongoing ties to Daugherty | 他和达赫提以及其手下 |
[27:35] | and the men that work for him. | 有着长久的直接关系 |
[27:37] | Arrest Remus and force Harry to show his hand. | 逮捕雷穆斯 逼哈利出手 |
[27:41] | A man doesn’t indict himself. | 谁会自己揭发自己呢 |
[27:43] | Then you’ll have something on him to use when you need it. | 但是你也能得到对付他的筹码 |
[27:46] | That’s just as valuable, maybe more. | 那同样重要 甚至更为重要 |
[27:53] | – And that would be your bargain? – No. | -这也是你的筹码 -不 |
[27:56] | Your distillery. Overholt. | 你的酿酒厂 欧文赫特 |
[27:59] | It would stick in my craw for the government to tell me | 我的私人财产被政府管着 |
[28:01] | what I could or couldn’t do with my own property, | 真是要我的命 |
[28:04] | no matter how trivial it seemed. | 不管财产大小 |
[28:07] | But that’s how I am. | 我就是这样的人 |
[28:09] | It’s the little things that eat at me. | 困扰我的都是些小事情 |
[28:12] | And you would rectify this how? | 你怎么调整呢 |
[28:16] | I’d run it for you. | 我帮你管理 |
[28:18] | It’s a field I have some expertise in. | 这是我擅长之事 |
[28:21] | You wouldn’t know anything about it. | 你什么也不用知道 |
[28:23] | We’d never speak. | 我们也不用联络 |
[28:25] | All you’d see is the money. | 你只管收钱就是 |
[28:28] | And there’s always a way to hide that. | 保证没有人知道 |
[28:36] | Is that a yes? | 你同意了吗 |
[28:38] | Even a perhaps? | 考虑一下呢 |
[28:41] | You brought some color to my day, Mr. Thompson. | 汤普森先生 谢谢大驾光临 |
[28:44] | And I do appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[28:49] | Yes, Mr. Mellon? | 梅隆先生 何事 |
[28:51] | There’s no cause for a scene, | 我无意制造事端 |
[28:52] | but this gentleman is an interloper. | 但这个人是闯进来的 |
[28:56] | Please be ready to call the police | 如果他不立刻离开 |
[28:58] | in the event that he doesn’t leave the premises immediately. | 请马上报警 |
[29:05] | I’ll see myself out. | 告辞了 |
[29:49] | It doesn’t make sense– | 这讲不通 |
[29:52] | a pony– when there’s no telling what the future holds. | 一匹马 谁也不知道将来会怎样 |
[29:56] | What does it matter? She’ll enjoy it now. | 有什么关系呢 她喜欢就行 |
[30:01] | Could always take the shed and turn it into a proper barn. | 可以把棚屋改造成马厩 |
[30:04] | Who’s going to tend to him? | 谁照顾马儿呢 |
[30:06] | It’ll be good for Teddy. | 应该挺适合泰迪的 |
[30:08] | Learn how to look after an animal. | 学会怎样照顾动物 |
[30:12] | – Not that clearing out stalls is– – Please. | -他不用扫马厩… -拜托 |
[30:19] | Something wrong? | 怎么了 |
[30:23] | Just… | 就是… |
[30:25] | you mustn’t talk that way | 你不能用那种方式说 |
[30:27] | about what’s good and isn’t. | 什么好 什么不好 |
[30:29] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[30:32] | Because they’re just words | 因为字只是字 |
[30:34] | and they don’t mean anything anymore. | 没有其他意义 |
[30:45] | Would you teach me how to drive? | 你能教我开车吗 |
[30:50] | Right now? | 现在 |
[30:53] | No. | 不 |
[30:56] | After. | 以后 |
[31:16] | And with the added bonus of steam… | 还有喷出的蒸汽… |
[31:19] | your only regret will be that I didn’t show up sooner. | 你只会怪我为啥不早点出现 |
[31:21] | Should I put you down for two, ma’am, or just one? | 夫人 买两个呢 还是一个 |
[31:24] | One’ll be fine. | 买一个吧 |
[31:26] | And that’s how you close ’em, boys! | 就这样结束 伙计们 |
[31:28] | Swell job, Ralph. | 干得好 拉尔夫 |
[31:30] | One thing, though. | 不过有个事 |
[31:31] | Make sure you mention the enamel grip, | 一定要提到陶瓷握柄 |
[31:33] | which is a lot softer on those delicate hands. | 对女士们的小手来说 握感会更好 |
[31:36] | All right, who’s next, huh? | 好了 下一个谁来 |
[31:38] | – George, how ’bout it? – Yeah, come on, Georgie. | -乔治 怎么样 -来啊 乔治 |
[31:41] | – Yeah, come on. Strut your stuff. – Come on, George. | -快大显身手 -快点乔治 |
[31:43] | I’m not feeling my best, Mr. Gulliver. | 格列佛先生 我不太舒服 |
[31:45] | – I haven’t been sleeping. – Ralph: Aw! | 我几夜未寐 |
[31:47] | A good night’s rest and a sensible breakfast. | 睡个好觉 吃个丰盛的早餐 |
[31:48] | A salesman travels on his stomach. | 胃好 销售好 |
[31:50] | What I like is that Malt-O-Meal. | 我最喜欢美多麦 |
[31:52] | Phil, you be the customer. | 菲尔 你来扮演顾客 |
[31:53] | – Okey-doke. – Come on, George, shake off those cobwebs. | -好滴 -乔治来 别坐着不动 |
[32:09] | – Good morning. – Ain’t you gonna ring the bell? | -早上好 -不按门铃吗 |
[32:14] | Yes. | 好的 |
[32:20] | – Well? – Oh, I’m sorry. | -怎么了 -对不起 |
[32:22] | The bell’s on the fritz. You’ll have to knock. | 门铃坏了 你得敲门 |
[32:29] | May I help you? | 有何贵干 |
[32:32] | Good morning, sir. My name– | 早上好先生 我叫… |
[32:33] | Sir? Why, how dare you? | 先生 你可真冒昧 |
[32:36] | Can’t you see that I’m a perky little housewife? | 你看不出来吗 我是个活泼的小主妇 |
[32:42] | No wonder he’s hardly making any sales. | 难怪他卖不出去东西 |
[32:48] | Yes, ma’am. My name is George Mueller. | 是的 女士 我叫乔治·穆勒 |
[32:50] | I am with the Electric Iron Comp– | 我代表电熨 |
[32:53] | the Farraday Electric Iron Company. | 法拉第电熨斗公司 |
[32:55] | Well, if you don’t know who you work for, | 连你都不知道自己东家叫什么 |
[32:58] | then why should I care? | 那我有什么可在乎的 |
[33:00] | I misspoke. | 是我说错了 |
[33:01] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:04] | Ma’am, I am selling a product | 女士 我的产品能够 |
[33:06] | that can save you hours of backbreaking work. | 将您从繁杂的家务中解救出来 |
[33:08] | Is it a steam-powered dildo? | 是蒸汽振动棒吗 |
[33:11] | Because, oh, my arm sure gets tired. | 因为我总是用手 太累了 |
[33:19] | – Terrible. – No, ma’am. | -真糟糕 -不是的 女士 |
[33:22] | It’s an iron. | 是熨斗 |
[33:24] | And if you’ll allow me to demonstrate… | 请允许我为您展示 |
[33:29] | this is our newest model. | 我们的最新产品 |
[33:31] | It has heat set– three heat settings | 是一套加热 加热三件套 |
[33:34] | and an enamel handle, which is very comfortable on the hands. | 有珐琅手柄 让您把握自如 |
[33:38] | This tip, as you can see– | 您看 这个头 |
[33:39] | What did you say your name was? | 你说你叫什么来着 |
[33:41] | George Mueller, ma’am. | 乔治·穆勒 女士 |
[33:42] | And are you married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[33:55] | – I am. – Well, Mr. Mueller, | -结了 -这样啊 穆勒先生 |
[33:58] | if you screw as poorly as you pitch, you really should be… | 如果你的床上功夫和你推销的能力一样差 |
[34:01] | selling dildos because your wife could use a– | 你真该去卖振动棒 因为你肯定满足不了 |
[34:10] | Somebody stop him! | 快阻止他 |
[34:17] | George, George, be reasonable! | 乔治 乔治 理智点 |
[34:24] | Hey, come on, it was a gag! | 别这样 他就是开个玩笑 |
[34:28] | George, please, calm down. | 乔治 拜托 冷静点 |
[34:33] | Somebody call the cops! | 赶紧报警 |
[35:36] | What? | 什么 |
[35:37] | I am Sheik Hous bin Farten. | 我是胡宾法顿酋长[谐音:谁放屁了] |
[35:42] | What? | 什么 |
[35:43] | I come from the mysterious East. | 我来自神秘的东方 |
[35:46] | When my eyes go wide, I am irresistible. | 我盯上的东西 没有得不到的 |
[35:52] | Come to me. | 过来吧 |
[35:54] | – No. – Come to me in Araby. | -不要 -跟我去阿拉伯 |
[35:59] | Silence! Silence! | 安静 安静 |
[36:02] | None may laugh at bin Farten. | 谁也不许笑宾法顿 |
[36:07] | What? | 什么 |
[36:10] | What’s that smell? | 什么味道 |
[36:22] | Oh. Hello. | 你好 |
[36:28] | No, don’t– | 别这样 |
[36:28] | I said drink it. Don’t blow on it. | 我让你喝的 不是吹的 |
[36:36] | Gus! | 古斯 |
[36:39] | I didn’t know you were in town. | 我不知道你来了 |
[36:43] | Just thought I’d drop by the oasis. | 我想来世外桃源逛逛 |
[36:46] | Have a drink. We’re celebrating. | 喝杯酒吧 我们正庆祝呢 |
[36:47] | – Bill’s gonna be a movie star. – I don’t know about that. | -比莉要成电影明星了 -还没敲定呢 |
[36:50] | Well, she tested for Clifton King and he loved her. | 她今天去克里夫顿·金试镜了 导演很喜欢她 |
[36:53] | And now we’re all boiled! | 所以现在我们非常开心 |
[36:56] | – Congratulations. – Thanks. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[36:59] | I haven’t met the sheik. | 这位酋长是谁 |
[37:01] | – Oh, this is Gilbert Longacre. – He’s a movie star, too. | -这位是吉尔伯特·朗埃克 -他也是个明星 |
[37:03] | I’ve got a picture coming out next month. | 我下个月有部片子上映 |
[37:05] | – He fights a monkey with a hatchet. – A Chinaman. | -他拿了把斧子战猴子 -是中国佬 |
[37:09] | You fight a monkey with a Chinaman? | 你和中国佬一起战猴子吗 |
[37:12] | You need to start drinking. | 该喝酒了 |
[37:14] | – I’ll get you started, sir. – What? | -我给你倒吧 先生 -什么 |
[37:16] | – I said I’ll get you started. – What did you call me? | -我说我给你倒酒吧 -你叫我什么 |
[37:18] | Uh, sir? | 先生啊 |
[37:25] | Gilbert, why don’t you take that pig-in-shit smirk | 吉尔伯特 你赶紧带着你那吃屎的傻笑 |
[37:29] | and that bedsheet and get the fuck out of here? | 披着这床单滚蛋吧 |
[37:33] | Take her with you. | 带着她一起 |
[37:36] | Why don’t you watch your language? | 你说话注意点 |
[37:38] | Or what? | 不然呢 |
[37:41] | Or you’ll wish you had… sir. | 不然有你后悔的 先生 |
[37:49] | Gus! | 古斯 |
[37:50] | – Little fucking interloper. – Gus, you need to calm down. | -你个多管闲事的 -古斯 冷静点 |
[37:52] | He’s– | 他是 |
[37:55] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[37:56] | He’s not worth it, Gus. Gus, stop it! | 你犯不上这样 古斯 快停下来 |
[38:00] | Gus, Gus, stop it! Stop it! | 古斯 别这样 |
[38:06] | Gus! Stop– | 古斯 |
[38:11] | Gus! Stop! | 古斯 |
[38:12] | Stop it! Gus! | 停下来 古斯 |
[38:15] | Get– get back! | 闪开 |
[38:18] | I am not kidding! | 我说真的 |
[38:23] | Vi, give me a hand. Come on. | 薇 来帮一把 |
[38:26] | I-Is my nose broken? | 我鼻子断了吗 |
[38:27] | It’s hard to tell. | 看不出来 |
[38:29] | You have to leave. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 你该走了 抱歉 |
[38:31] | You’re gonna get sued by the studio! | 工作室会起诉你的 |
[38:34] | – How do you like that? – He will pay for everything. | -你喜欢吗 -他会赔偿你的 |
[38:37] | Won’t you? | 是吧 |
[38:38] | Okay, Vi, Vi, could you– could you just– | 好了 薇 你能不能 |
[38:40] | – could you just please– – No, I’m not gonna leave you here. | -请你 -不行 我不能把你一个人留在这 |
[38:42] | I will be fine, all right? | 我没事的 |
[38:44] | Just– just get him some ice, all right? | 给他拿点冰 |
[38:46] | – Okay? – You have money for a taxi, right? | -好吗 -你有打车的钱吧 |
[38:48] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[38:56] | What’s it about? | 什么故事 |
[38:58] | What? | 什么 |
[39:00] | The picture. | 那部电影 |
[39:03] | A gangster | 一个匪徒 |
[39:06] | and a showgirl. | 和一个歌厅女郎 |
[39:12] | I don’t like this arrangement. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[39:15] | I don’t like looking the other way. | 我不喜欢被蒙在鼓里 |
[39:17] | I don’t like not asking questions | 我不喜欢有些问题 |
[39:18] | I’m not supposed to hear the answers to– | 我不该知道答案 更不该问 |
[39:21] | what you’re up to, who’s here, who’s not. | 你在干什么 谁来了 谁走了 |
[39:23] | – I don’t like you lying to me. – I never lied about– | -我不喜欢你骗我 -我没有 |
[39:26] | Not telling– it’s the same goddamn thing. | 什么也不说 也他妈一样 |
[39:28] | – I don’t like it! – I don’t ask you either. | -我不喜欢 -我也不问你 |
[39:31] | I’d say that’s mighty white of me, wouldn’t you? | 我这样算不算很体谅人 |
[39:38] | I can take care of you. | 我能照顾你 |
[39:41] | You won’t have to worry about anything. | 你什么也不用担心 |
[39:43] | I’m not worried, Gus. | 我不担心 古斯 |
[39:48] | How long do you think this is going to last? | 你觉得你能这样多久 |
[39:53] | Don’t you think I’m any good? | 你觉得我不好吗 |
[39:54] | The business you’re in. | 你这行是青春饭 |
[39:57] | You don’t, do you? | 你觉得我不好 |
[39:58] | There’s nothing you can count on. | 你什么也靠不上 |
[40:01] | Look at your friend. You wanna wind up like her? | 看你那个朋友 你想变成她那样吗 |
[40:02] | – Leave Vi out of it. – It happens all the time. | -别把薇扯进来 -一直都是这样 |
[40:05] | People just want something new. | 观众只想看新鲜的 |
[40:09] | In a year from now, two years– | 再过一年 两年 |
[40:11] | I have a father, okay? He’s in Newburgh. | 我有爸爸 知道吗 在新堡 |
[40:15] | He thinks a fist is a good way to end an argument | 他觉得拳头是解决问题的好办法 |
[40:17] | and I don’t live there anymore. | 我就是因为这个离开家的 |
[40:19] | – That’s how you see me? – That’s how you sound. | -你觉得我也是吗 -你听起来就是那样 |
[40:31] | I’m on my own, Gus. | 我一直靠自己 古斯 |
[40:35] | I have been for years. | 一直以来都是 |
[40:40] | I like it. | 我喜欢这样 |
[40:47] | And… | 而且 |
[40:50] | Go on, say it. | 说下去 |
[40:54] | You’re no fun this way. | 你这样一点也不好玩 |
[41:03] | And what do you want from me? | 你究竟要我做什么 |
[41:07] | I just want you… | 我只想要你 |
[41:12] | to be my gangster. | 做我的匪徒 |
[41:54] | – Husband. – Dear. | -老公 -亲爱的 |
[41:56] | I, uh– excuse me. | 我 不好意思 |
[41:57] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[41:58] | We need to leave here as soon as possible. | 我们得尽快离开 |
[42:01] | – Why? – I can carry Abigail and two cases. | -为什么 -阿比盖尔和那两个箱子我来拿 |
[42:04] | – Husband– – All you will need to do is bundle up Chester. | -老公 -你抱着彻斯特就行 |
[42:06] | Husband, what has happened? | 老公 怎么了 |
[42:09] | I– at work, an incident. | 工作的事 小意外 |
[42:14] | He– a bad person. | 有个坏人 |
[42:16] | And the other event. | 然后发生了别的事 |
[42:19] | Where– where would you like to go? | 你要去哪 |
[42:20] | I’m open to any state except New Jersey and New York | 除了新泽西和纽约 我哪都能去 |
[42:25] | and Illinois, obviously. | 还有伊利诺伊州 |
[42:26] | – But aside from those, we can discuss it– – Shh! | -先不说这些 我们先讨论 -嘘 |
[42:28] | You stop! | 别说了 |
[42:31] | Wait. | 等着 |
[42:37] | – Drink this. – I– | -喝了 -我 |
[42:39] | Go on. Do. | 喝吧 |
[42:45] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[42:47] | The whiskey for Mr. O’Banion. | 为奥巴尼恩先生做的威士忌 |
[42:50] | I make it all day while you don’t come home. | 白天你不在家 我一直在做这个 |
[42:53] | 14 bottles. | 十四瓶瓶 |
[42:55] | You did this by yourself? | 你自己做的吗 |
[42:57] | – Also three for us. – Us? | -我们三个 -我们 |
[43:00] | Aquavit. | 白兰地 |
[43:02] | When I was girl, I make for Papa. | 我小时候给爸爸做过 |
[43:06] | Some orange peel, too, for flavor. | 加点陈皮调味 |
[43:10] | No. No, no, no. | 不不不不 |
[43:12] | We’re not supposed to drink any– | 我们不能喝… |
[43:13] | Not to drink, to sell. | 不是喝 拿去卖 |
[43:17] | – Sell where? – On Kedzie Boulevard. | -卖到哪 -凯茨大道 |
[43:19] | To Norwegian people there. | 卖给那的挪威人 |
[43:22] | What? | 什么 |
[43:23] | Syttende Mai is tomorrow, | 明天就是挪威的自由日了[每年的5月17号] |
[43:25] | the day to celebrate when Norway become free of the Danes. | 庆祝挪威摆脱丹麦统治恢复独立 |
[43:28] | We sell the aquavit for the extra money it will bring. | 我们是给自己卖白兰地 |
[43:32] | It’s not what Mr. O’Banion needs for, so no problems. | 反正奥巴尼恩先生也不要 |
[43:40] | Darling, I– | 亲爱的 |
[43:41] | We do this so you don’t worry yourself about losing your job. | 我们做酒 这样你就不用担心工作的事了 |
[43:46] | We make more, we sell more. | 做得多 挣得多 |
[43:50] | We stay. | 我们不走 |
[43:52] | There is no need for us to be going anywhere. | 我们哪也不用去 |
[43:56] | We buy a house right here… in Cicero. | 买座房子 就在西塞罗 |
[44:04] | When did you get in? | 你什么时候进来的 |
[44:09] | Last night. | 昨晚 |
[44:10] | Late. | 深夜 |
[44:13] | I need this room. | 我要用这间房 |
[44:15] | The roofers have to inspect the ceiling. | 修屋顶的要来检查天花板 |
[44:17] | I told you I ain’t paying for that. | 跟你说过我不掏钱 |
[44:19] | I took a loan, Charles. | 我贷款了 查尔斯 |
[44:20] | You needn’t concern yourself. | 你不用担心 |
[44:23] | Why are you here, anyway? | 你来这干什么 |
[44:25] | I got business with A.R. | 罗斯坦的生意 |
[44:29] | And Nucky Thompson. | 还有努基吧 |
[44:32] | What of it? | 是又怎么样 |
[44:35] | – When are you meeting? – Tonight. | -什么时候见面 -今晚 |
[44:38] | We got a dinner at Babette’s. | 在芭贝特夜总会 |
[44:41] | You belittle my business, | 你蔑视我的生意 |
[44:44] | break bread with my enemies. | 跟我的敌人交朋友 |
[44:46] | Who the fuck you think you are? | 你觉得你是谁 |
[44:48] | Come on, I’ll give you a nice, hard fuck like you like. | 别这样 我会操的你很舒服 |
[44:50] | I want you out. | 你给我出去 |
[44:54] | – I need a shower first. – Out of the business. | -我要先洗个澡 -你出局了 |
[44:59] | Here’s a check. | 给你支票 |
[45:02] | $4,500. | 四千五百美元 |
[45:05] | The fuck I’m gonna do with a check? | 给我支票干什么 |
[45:08] | Stick it up your ass for all I care. | 塞进你的屁股里 我才不在乎 |
[45:11] | Better yet, let Nucky do it for you. | 最好让努基给你塞进去 |
[45:13] | Whoa, what the fuck you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[45:20] | – Dr. Mason. – Hello. | -梅森医生 -你好 |
[45:23] | Did you drive here? | 你开车来的么 |
[45:24] | No, I was– I was waiting for you. | 不 我在 我在等你 |
[45:32] | I need your help with something | 我需要你的帮助 |
[45:33] | and it’s rather delicate. | 这很私密 |
[45:36] | Too delicate to discuss inside? | 私密到不能到里面讨论么 |
[45:41] | I would like to ask you | 我想让你 |
[45:44] | to help me… obtain a diaphragm. | 帮我装一个隔膜 |
[45:50] | Is this what the Shearer woman wanted to speak to you about? | 这就是那个叫席勒的女人给你说的事 |
[45:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[45:57] | Actually, I suppose I’d need two. | 事实上 我需要两个 |
[46:01] | Two? | 两个 |
[46:02] | One for her… | 一个给她 |
[46:05] | and one for me. | 一个给我 |
[46:12] | It was nearly midnight when I felt the pain. | 大约到半夜的时候我才感到疼痛 |
[46:18] | The midwife was called, | 助产士给我电话 |
[46:21] | and together we passed the night. | 一起我们度过了那个夜晚 |
[46:26] | Hours later, after my ordeal, | 经过一个小时的痛苦之后 |
[46:29] | she placed him at my breast. | 她把他放到我的胸前 |
[46:32] | It was just after dawn. | 那时天刚刚蒙蒙亮 |
[46:36] | The whole world looked brand-new. | 世界好像掀开了崭新的篇章 |
[46:45] | Do you have children, Mr. Rosetti? | 您有孩子么 罗塞蒂先生 |
[46:48] | Two girls. My little princesses. | 两个女儿 我的小公主们 |
[46:52] | Beauties just like their mother. | 和他们的母亲一样美丽 |
[46:55] | They’re the lights of your life. | 他们是你生命中的光芒 |
[46:56] | The sun rises and sets. | 太阳东升西落 |
[46:58] | One day they’re little, the next… | 一天他们很小 另一天 |
[47:08] | My grandson– | 我的孙子 |
[47:12] | he’s all I have left. | 我只有他了 |
[47:18] | Mr. Harrow, | 哈罗先生 |
[47:19] | have you met Mr. Rosetti? | 你见过罗塞蒂先生么 |
[47:22] | I have not. | 没有 |
[47:24] | A pleasure. | 很高兴见到你 |
[47:28] | – Tonino. – How do you do? | -托尼诺 -您好 |
[47:32] | I’ve restocked the bar. | 我把吧台的货补齐了 |
[47:35] | – And Tommy is asleep? – Yes. | -汤米睡着了么 -是的 |
[47:39] | That will be all. | 那没事了 |
[47:47] | You use him to scare away the mice? | 你留着他吓老鼠的么 |
[47:50] | Mr. Harrow was a friend of my son. | 哈罗先生是我儿子的朋友 |
[47:53] | Are you familiar with Babette’s? | 你知道芭贝特么 |
[47:57] | Supper club on the boardwalk. | 木板路上的一家夜总会 |
[47:59] | I ate there with Nucky before our falling-out. | 和努基发生争吵之前我和他在那吃过饭 |
[48:01] | Have you fallen out? | 你还会发脾气 |
[48:03] | I hadn’t realized. | 我真没感觉到 |
[48:07] | He’ll be dining there this evening | 他今天晚上会和罗斯坦先生 |
[48:10] | with Mr. Rothstein. | 在那用餐 |
[48:12] | You don’t say. | 是么 |
[48:13] | I’m not sure what time, | 我不确定是几点 |
[48:14] | but that shouldn’t be hard to ascertain. | 但这应该不难查到 |
[48:21] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么告诉我这些 |
[48:25] | I thought perhaps you’d like to surprise him. | 我以为你想要给他个惊喜 |
[48:36] | You have a phone call. | 有您的电话 |
[48:41] | Am I supposed to guess? | 我要猜是谁来的么 |
[48:43] | The gentleman would not reveal himself, | 电话里的人没有报名字 |
[48:45] | but he said you would be relieved to hear his voice. | 但是他说您听到他的声音会放心的 |
[48:55] | – Who is this? – Mr. Thompson. | -哪位 -汤普森先生 |
[48:58] | That’s who you called, isn’t it? | 你找的不就是我么 |
[48:59] | This is Andrew Mellon. | 我是安德鲁·梅隆 |
[49:02] | Sir, what can I do for you? | 先生您好 找我有什么事么 |
[49:05] | A few days from now, Treasury agents in Cincinnati | 几天之后 在辛辛那提的财政部探员 |
[49:08] | will arrest George Remus | 将会以违反禁酒法令为由 |
[49:10] | for multiple violations of the Volstead Act, | 逮捕乔治·雷穆斯 |
[49:13] | including the purchase of government liquor permits | 其中一项罪名是伙同美国总检察长的一个助手 |
[49:16] | from a close associate of | 非法购买 |
[49:17] | the Attorney General of the United States. | 政府颁发的酒类许可证 |
[49:20] | – Are you referring to Jess Smith? – In exchange, | -你指的是杰西·史密斯么 -作为交换 |
[49:22] | I expect the Overholt Distillery | 我希望欧文赫特酿酒厂 |
[49:24] | to be operational within one month | 可以在本月内投入生产 |
[49:28] | and generating a profit the month thereafter. | 下个月可以创造利润 |
[49:31] | I assure you that will be the case. | 我向您保证这可以实现 |
[49:33] | Henceforth, you will not contact me. | 从今以后 不要再联系我了 |
[49:36] | – Is that understood? – Yes. | -明白么 -明白 |
[49:38] | Then our intercourse is concluded. | 那我们的谈话可以结束了 |
[50:00] | – Am I allowed in? – I lost an earring. | -我能进来么 -我丢了一只耳环 |
[50:04] | Which? | 哪一只 |
[50:07] | These hummingbirds you gave me. | 你给我的蜂鸟那对 |
[50:10] | I’ll buy you new ones. | 我再给你买副新的 |
[50:13] | I like these. | 我喜欢这对 |
[50:16] | And who are you supposed to be? | 你这是要扮谁 |
[50:18] | – Huh? – Stand up. | -什么 -站起来 |
[50:26] | Like it? | 喜欢么 |
[50:28] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[50:30] | Yes. | 喜欢 |
[50:31] | For the picture? | 扮的照片里的人么 |
[50:35] | Just felt like being someone else for a little bit. | 就是想体验一下当别人的感觉 |
[50:38] | Who? | 谁 |
[50:41] | Nadine Beckenbauer. | 纳丁·贝肯鲍尔 |
[50:44] | Where you from, Nadine? | 你从哪来 纳丁 |
[50:47] | Newburgh, New York. | 纽约 新堡 |
[50:49] | No kidding? | 不是开玩笑吧 |
[50:50] | God’s honest. | 绝对真实 |
[50:53] | Ever been to Atlantic City before? | 以前来过大西洋城么 |
[50:55] | First time. | 第一次 |
[50:58] | And what do you think? | 你感觉这里怎么样 |
[51:00] | They told me it was wicked. | 别人告诉我这里很邪恶 |
[51:03] | They were right. | 他们说的没错 |
[51:09] | Am I under arrest? | 我要被捕了么 |
[51:11] | You’re being freed. | 你要自由了 |
[51:14] | It’s a single premium annuity. | 这是一份一次性付清的养老保险 |
[51:17] | Again, please, in English. | 再说一遍 用英语好么 |
[51:19] | Guaranteed income the first of each month | 保证以后你每月一号 |
[51:21] | for the rest of your life. | 都能领到一笔钱 |
[51:24] | We already made up, Gus, okay? | 我们已经和好了 古斯 |
[51:28] | That’s not what it’s about. | 这和那没关系 |
[51:29] | Then what’s the gag? | 那这算什么 |
[51:32] | Call it a mystery. | 就当是个神秘事件 |
[51:35] | – I don’t need– – Need anyone’s help. | -我不需要 -需要任何人的帮助 |
[51:38] | I envy that. | 我羡慕这点 |
[51:41] | So what you do with this money and who you do it with– | 那么你要怎么处理这笔钱 和谁一起处理 |
[51:46] | it’s nobody’s business but your own. | 那完全是你自己的事情 |
[51:50] | Are you saying goodbye? | 你要走了么 |
[51:52] | I’m saying, “Hello… | 我在说 “你好 |
[51:54] | Nadine Beckenbauer. | 纳丁·贝肯鲍尔 |
[51:56] | Hello and good luck.” | 你好 祝你好运” |
[52:15] | You know, if you change your name, you might go pretty far. | 你知道 如果你改名 也许会走的更远 |
[52:22] | I will put on a different pair. | 我去换副新的耳环 |
[52:53] | Unlike steam irons, aquavit sells itself. | 不像蒸汽熨斗 白兰地从来不缺买家 |
[53:19] | We were gonna go down to Nell’s if you’re interested. | 如果你感兴趣 我们一会去内尔 |
[53:22] | I’m heading home. | 我要回家 |
[53:23] | Osso buco tonight. | 今晚吃炖小牛肘 |
[53:26] | Greektown. | 希腊城 |
[53:28] | Demos was short. I got someone on it. | 德莫斯的份钱又少了 我找人去处理了 |
[53:30] | He’s good for it. | 他没问题的 |
[53:40] | Need anything else? | 还有其他事么 |
[53:42] | Sounds like you got it all under control. | 听上去你都处理的很好了 |
[53:48] | See you tomorrow, then. | 那明天见 |
[53:49] | Love to Mae and the boy. | 给梅和你儿子问好 |
[54:08] | Freak show tonight… | 恐怖秀今夜上演 |
[54:11] | And this gentleman– | 这位绅士 |
[54:16] | he’s trustworthy? | 他值得信任么 |
[54:17] | He’s a Chink. I ain’t inviting him over for Christmas dinner. | 他是中国人 我没邀请他来参加圣诞晚宴 |
[54:21] | $50,000 apiece is a lot of money. | 每人五万美元不是个小数目 |
[54:23] | Sell it on the street, make 10 times that. | 在街上兜售 可以赚十倍的钱 |
[54:26] | If you wanna make extra, sure. | 如果你想多赚一些 那当然没问题 |
[54:28] | – We’ll make sure we could– – Thompson! | -我们可以保证可以 -汤普森 |
[54:30] | Mr. Thompson! | 汤普森先生 |
[54:31] | Aw, shit. | 该死 |
[54:34] | Baxter, you old so-and-so. | 巴克斯特 你这个老家伙 |
[54:36] | – How’s tricks? – Gangbusters, I tell ya. | -近况如何 -很让人失望 我告诉你 |
[54:38] | I’m selling radios now. | 我现在卖收音机了 |
[54:41] | Oh, aren’t you going to introduce me? | 你不要帮我介绍一下么 |
[54:45] | George Baxter, | 乔治·巴克斯特 |
[54:46] | meet Arnold Rothstein, Charlie Luciano, | 阿诺德·罗斯坦 查理·卢西亚诺 |
[54:50] | and Billie Kent. | 还有贝莉·肯特 |
[54:51] | Charmed, I’m sure. | 真是魅力十足 |
[54:53] | Well, don’t make up your mind so soon. | 别这么早下结论 |
[54:59] | Go ahead. | 我们走 |
[55:00] | No reason for both of us to suffer. | 没必要让你我都在此受煎熬 |
[55:02] | Don’t malinger, now. | 别逃跑 |
[55:08] | So you’re out of the cutlery business now? | 你现在不卖餐具了 |
[55:10] | Well, there’s a lot more silver | 美国无线电公司 |
[55:12] | in the Radio Corporation of America. | 有更多银子可赚 |
[55:14] | How about RCA, | 美国无线电公司 |
[55:16] | the official radio of the world’s playground? | 世界发展变化的官方无线电台 |
[55:19] | Strictly on the QT, I know a charming lass | 悄悄告诉你 我认识一个漂亮的姑娘 |
[55:22] | who’s very close to Mr. David Sarnoff himself. | 和大卫·萨尔诺夫本人很亲近 |
[55:25] | And I bet– I am certain… | 但是我肯定 |
[55:30] | Here we go. | 我们走 |
[55:30] | It’s a game of chance. It’s a game of skill. | 这是靠智慧取胜的游戏 靠技巧取胜的游戏 |
[56:03] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[56:09] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |