时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:27] | And that, my boy, is how it’s done. | 老伙计 就是这么干的 |
[02:30] | Welcome to Tampa, | 欢迎来到坦帕市 |
[02:32] | land of money, cunny, | 这里有金钱 女人 |
[02:34] | and where it’s always sunny. | 还有永远的阳光 |
[02:36] | First two sound good, but the third I could do without. | 头两样还不错 第三样不要也罢 |
[02:39] | Eight months in stir, you’d sing a different tune. | 待上八个月 你就不这么想了 |
[02:42] | There’s either a three-mile limit or there ain’t. | 三公里领海 要么有这界限要么没有 |
[02:43] | – Am I right? – Tell it to the judge. | -是不是 -去跟法官说吧 |
[02:45] | I did and I still got fucked. | 我说了 可还是被坑了 |
[02:48] | All right, 15-love. | 好了 15L |
[02:51] | Three ships full of scotch gone. | 三船的威士忌就这么没了 |
[02:55] | Like that. | 消失了 |
[02:56] | Tell me there ain’t some admiral with his feet up | 你说真的没有哪个海军上将翘着腿 |
[02:58] | sipping my booze every night. | 每晚享用我的美酒吗 |
[02:59] | Onward and upward, that’s what I always say. | 步步为营 我总这么说 |
[03:07] | Speaking of which… | 说到这事 |
[03:08] | – I read the prospectus. – It’s a sweet deal, Nuck. | -我读过计划书了 -好生意啊 努基 |
[03:11] | Right on the Gulf, couple days’ sail from the Bahamas. | 就在墨西哥湾 行船去巴哈马群岛就几天 |
[03:14] | We off-load on the beach, truck it anywhere you like. | 我们在海滩上卸货 想往哪运往哪运 |
[03:17] | Sounds the same as Jersey to me. | 泽西不也是这样吗 |
[03:18] | But with better cigars. | 但是雪茄更好 |
[03:23] | 26 hours in a Pullman, I bet you’d like to unwind. | 在铂尔曼酒店待了二十六小时 你肯定想放松放松 |
[03:27] | Wouldn’t say no to a shower. | 冲个澡当然好了 |
[03:28] | Go rest. Take a nap. | 去休息吧 打个盹 |
[03:31] | And if you want something sweet to go with that stogie, | 如果抽烟不解闷 想要点好玩的 |
[03:33] | I’ll send a friendly little cubanita up to your room. | 我就派个小妞上你那儿去 |
[03:37] | Hot shower will do for now. | 冲个热水澡就好 |
[03:40] | – What time later? – 6:00 P.M. | -待会儿什么时候 -晚上六点 |
[03:42] | Speak called Sally’s off the inlet. | 消息说萨利已经进港了 |
[03:47] | Nuck. | 努克 |
[03:49] | Tucker’s very excited to meet you. | 塔克很想见你的 |
[03:52] | Most people are until they do. | 很多人没见到我之前都是这么期待 |
[04:34] | Like all races, | 像所有人种一样 |
[04:35] | the Libyan race will be saved by its exceptional men. | 那些优秀的成员将拯救整个利比亚人种 |
[04:40] | Education and work are the levers to uplift our people. | 教育和工作是扶持我们进步的手段 |
[04:43] | But work must be guided by intelligence. | 但是工作一定要用脑子 |
[04:47] | And education must teach life. | 教育要惠及人生 |
[04:49] | The new Negro must be tutored in thought and culture. | 新黑人要用思想和文化武装自己 |
[04:57] | We shall continue our discussion next week. | 我们下周继续讨论 |
[05:02] | Remember, my brothers, | 记住 我的兄弟们 |
[05:04] | no man who continues to add to the material, | 任何一个为他生存的地方 |
[05:07] | intellectual, and moral well-being of the place in which he lives | 贡献物资 智慧和道德修养的人 |
[05:10] | is left long without proper reward. | 都会很快得到回报 |
[05:17] | Mr. Madden. | 麦登先生 |
[05:31] | Say hello to Arnold Rothstein. | 这位是阿诺德·罗斯坦 |
[05:33] | An honor to have finally made your acquaintance. | 非常荣幸最终还是见到了您 |
[05:38] | Please. | 请坐 |
[05:49] | Mr. Madden tells me you’re interested in heroin. | 麦登先生告诉我你对海洛因感兴趣 |
[05:51] | As a commodity, yes. | 作为商品 是的 |
[05:53] | This is a business with which you are familiar? | 你熟悉这个生意吗 |
[05:56] | One of many. | 其中之一 |
[05:57] | Biggest fish in Harlem. | 哈林区最大生意人 |
[05:59] | However, I do intend to expand to other Libyan markets. | 但是我的确有意开拓其他的利比亚生意 |
[06:03] | Libyan? | 利比亚 |
[06:04] | What he calls the coloreds. | 他是指黑人 |
[06:09] | You are a dependable and amply stocked supplier? | 您是可靠且充裕的货源吗 |
[06:12] | One who requires the utmost discretion. | 我只跟做事谨慎的人打交道 |
[06:15] | He’s got my vouch like I told you. | 我说过了 我可以给他作担保 |
[06:20] | 20 pounds uncut. | 二十磅纯货 |
[06:23] | I will weigh it myself to ensure good measure. | 我将自己称重以保证数量 |
[06:26] | 80,000 in cash. | 八千块现金 |
[06:29] | Large bills only. | 只要大面额 |
[06:30] | Why would you expect otherwise? | 不然还能怎样 |
[06:33] | My understanding you control the local numbers racket. | 据我了解 你控制这里的赌博市场 |
[06:35] | Therefore, I transact my business like a schoolboy | 因此 我做生意都像是小学生 |
[06:38] | dealing in pennies, nickels, and dimes. | 全都用零钱 |
[06:40] | It’s not my intention to offend you. | 我无意冒犯你 |
[06:42] | Nonetheless, you succeeded despite yourself. | 但你还是冒犯了我 |
[06:47] | To whom do I dispatch payment? | 我要把钱交给谁 |
[06:48] | My associate Mr. Diamond will be in touch. | 我的助手戴蒙德先生会联系你 |
[06:54] | I have other business with Mr. Madden. | 我跟麦登先生还有其他事要谈 |
[06:58] | Gentlemen. | 两位 告辞了 |
[07:21] | Daughter Maitland, | 道特·梅特兰 |
[07:23] | she’s been performing at your Cotton Club. | 她在你的棉花俱乐部表演 |
[07:26] | Nice piece of tail. | 漂亮的女人 |
[07:28] | I will require her services elsewhere. | 我要她去别的地方干活儿 |
[07:30] | Fine with me. Just have Dickie drop by with a replacement. | 我没意见 让迪基给我找个替她的就行 |
[07:34] | God will bring every deed to judgment, | 上帝将对每一件事做出审判 |
[07:38] | with every secret thing, | 对每一个秘密 |
[07:40] | either good or evil. | 不论是善是恶 |
[07:49] | Mr. Pastor will not be returning. | 帕斯特先生回不来了 |
[07:53] | He’s got it all worked out. The world’s expert. | 他自己都研究明白了 世界一流专家 |
[07:56] | Two miles of road to pave and cash on the barrelhead. | 要铺两英里路 而且是现款 |
[08:00] | So you know what I told him, Rick? | 你知道我怎么说的吗 里克 |
[08:03] | I said, “What you want is the Piedmont gravel.” | “我看你要的是山麓砾石” |
[08:05] | He wasn’t having any of it. | 他可不管 |
[08:07] | Four tons of creek rock, | 四吨鹅卵石 |
[08:09] | and now the whole order needs to be redone. | 现在要重新下订单了 |
[08:11] | How frustrating. | 太让人沮丧了 |
[08:12] | No skin off me, but a man’s got to know his business. | 我倒无所谓 可你得懂行啊 |
[08:15] | Don’t he, Rick? | 是不是 里克 |
[08:18] | He sure do, Hube. | 他肯定是内行 休伯 |
[08:24] | Say, how’s Saturday? | 周六怎么样 |
[08:27] | Okay. I’ll drive up after we close. | 行 我们关门之后我开车过来 |
[08:30] | Get started on clearing out that barn. | 帮你们把谷仓清理干净 |
[08:34] | Richard said he’ll do it, | 理查德说他会做的 |
[08:35] | so there’s no need. | 不用麻烦你了 |
[08:37] | Heck, I don’t mind, Emmy. | 我不介意的 艾米 |
[08:39] | Truth to tell, I enjoy the company. | 说实话 我很喜欢有人陪 |
[08:41] | Why don’t you call first? | 怎么不先打电话过来 |
[08:44] | These are for the drive back to town. | 回去路上吃 |
[08:47] | Keep feeding me and I’ll come back. | 一直投食 我就会再来 |
[08:51] | Stray dogs and bachelors, eh, Rick? | 流浪狗与单身汉皆是如此 对吧里克 |
[08:56] | Well, see you in the funnies. | 我们回头见 |
[09:05] | I would have picked the pea gravel. | 是我就会选择鹅卵石 |
[09:08] | Could have gone with the river run. | 或许被河水冲走了呢 |
[09:10] | That’s a nice bit of rock, Emmy. | 那石头不错 艾米 |
[09:15] | He’s not so bad, | 他也不那么坏 |
[09:18] | is he? | 是吧 |
[09:19] | As a brother-in-law? | 当姐夫吗 |
[09:29] | He lost someone too, you know. | 他也失去过爱人 你明白 |
[09:32] | And his folks, they’re good people. | 还有他父母 也是好人 |
[09:34] | They wanted me to move into town with them after Gerry died. | 杰里去世后他们请我搬去镇上一起住 |
[09:43] | You can have our old room. | 你可以住我们以前的房间 |
[09:45] | I’ll set up in Mother and Father’s. | 我去爸爸妈妈房间 |
[09:47] | Needs painting. | 那房间需要粉刷 |
[09:48] | Well, add it to your chores. | 这事就交给你了 |
[09:54] | Some curtains, maybe. | 或许还要添置窗帘 |
[09:56] | And a hobbyhorse. | 还有小木马 |
[09:59] | Make it a proper nursery. | 做个像样的育儿室 |
[10:03] | The crib’s stored out in the barn. | 婴儿床在谷仓里 |
[10:06] | I’d fetch it myself, but– | 我可以自己去拿 但是 |
[10:12] | I haven’t asked you for any– | 我没问你要过… |
[10:13] | Just take it. | 拿着吧 |
[10:16] | Take it and pay the taxes. | 拿去交税 |
[10:18] | The what? | 交什么 |
[10:19] | The backaxax. I sasathe letter.. | 欠交税款 我看见信了 |
[10:23] | That’s enough to cover it. | 这些钱足够了 |
[10:24] | I paid the taxes. | 我交过税了 |
[10:27] | I sold the Hudson and I paid them. | 我把哈德森车卖了交的税 |
[10:29] | The assessor rang. He said– | 估税员来电话 他说… |
[10:31] | Is this Mr. Case? | 是科斯先生吗 |
[10:33] | He didn’t give a name. | 他没报名字 |
[10:35] | Well, I’m not paying them twice. | 我不会交两份钱的 |
[10:39] | Put that money away and let’s not talk about it. All right? | 把钱收起来 以后别再提了 好吗 |
[10:55] | This land is opportunity | 这片土地就是机遇 |
[10:56] | and you can double your investment in a month, | 一个月下来您的投资就能翻翻 |
[10:58] | especially with the railroad expanding. | 尤其是铁通还在扩建 |
[11:04] | Just last week there was | 就在上周 |
[11:05] | a shipping clerk from Syracuse. | 一个锡拉丘兹来的航运员 |
[11:07] | never left the train station. | 都没出火车站 |
[11:08] | Sold his deed in the washroom, | 在洗手间里就把地卖了 |
[11:10] | headed back north on the next train 15,000 to the good. | 带着一万五千块回了北方 |
[11:14] | I’ll tell you, Mr. Logan, | 我跟您说 罗根先生 |
[11:15] | you will not be sorry. | 你是不会后悔的 |
[11:17] | Thanks, buddy. | 谢了兄弟 |
[11:22] | Quite a racket. | 很帅气 |
[11:25] | It’s a Bancroft. | 牌子货 |
[11:26] | I was talking about the real estate game. | 我说的是地产买卖 |
[11:29] | Say, can any Joe buy in? | 任何人都可以买吗 |
[11:32] | Well, sure, if he’s got the dough. | 当然 只要有资本 |
[11:34] | Just so happens I’m selling lots in Pineapple Grove. | 我手头正好有大片菠萝林的地要卖 |
[11:37] | Hottest new development in Tampa. | 坦帕市最火的开发区 |
[11:38] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[11:40] | Say, that shipping clerk who sold his deed in the washroom, | 那个在洗手间里卖了地产的职员 |
[11:44] | did he wipe the shit off his hands before he signed it? | 签字时手上的屎擦净了吗 |
[11:50] | A wise guy, huh? | 聪明人 |
[11:52] | – Call me Nucky. – Skeeter Walsh. | -叫我努基 -斯基特·沃尔什 |
[11:54] | Skeeter? | 斯基特 |
[11:56] | Well, Pop said I was always buzzing around, so… | 老爸说我当时特别吵… |
[11:58] | Not that you’re a bloodsucker? | 不是说你是吸血鬼 |
[12:02] | No offense, but I’ve met my share of salesmen. | 无意冒犯 可我见的推销员真是太多了 |
[12:04] | Well, what we’ve got sells itself. | 我们的东西无需推销 |
[12:07] | Swampland at 100 bucks an acre. | 沼泽地卖到每英亩一百美元 |
[12:08] | We’re only giving people what they want. | 我们只给人们想要的 |
[12:11] | I know a little about that myself. | 我就不知道自己想要什么 |
[12:15] | Again. And for my friend here as well. | 再来一杯 给这位朋友也来一杯 |
[12:19] | Lighter on the blood, heavier on the Mary. | 少加橙汁 多加伏特加 |
[12:24] | So how’s this all work? | 你们怎么运作的 |
[12:26] | I’m buying the drinks here, so give it to me square. | 酒水我请 所以给我照直说 |
[12:31] | Well, me and the other fellas, we’re Binder Boys, see? | 我和这里的小伙子 都是拉客的 |
[12:34] | We take the deposits, the binders. | 我们收定金 抽成 |
[12:36] | – It’s 10% usually. – Of the purchase price? | -一成 -成交价的 |
[12:39] | Which is enough to hold the property. | 这些钱就够买地了 |
[12:41] | It’s booming down here since Temple Terrace opened. | 庙台开放之后人潮蜂拥而至 |
[12:43] | – And that’s just the beginning. – You don’t say. | -而且这只是开始 -这是自然 |
[12:45] | There’s three more developments coming. | 还有更多的开发项目 |
[12:47] | Country clubs, golf courses, 80 miles of paved streets. | 乡村俱乐部 高尔夫球场 八十英里的长街 |
[12:51] | Not to mention quarter-million-dollar Roman pools. | 更不用提耗资二十五万美元的罗马浴场 |
[12:53] | And the buyers are lining up? | 所以买家排起了长龙 |
[12:54] | Put it this way– last year there were nine Binder Boys. | 这么说吧 去年这里有九个拉客员 |
[12:58] | This year, 74. | 今年 七十四个 |
[13:02] | I say that you ought to get rich, | 我说需要你变富有的时候 |
[13:06] | it is your duty to get rich. | 致富是你的责任 |
[13:08] | The men who get rich may be the most honest men | 富有之人或许就是 |
[13:12] | you find in the community. | 本地最为诚实之人 |
[13:14] | That is why they are rich. | 这就是他们能够富有的原因 |
[13:17] | That is why they are trusted with money. | 也就是他们能够获得金钱信任的原因 |
[13:20] | That is why they carry on great enterprises | 也因此他们才能成就大事业 |
[13:24] | and find plenty of people to work with them. | 并得到许多人的共同帮助 |
[13:28] | A man is not really a true man | 一个人 在拥有属于自己的家之前 |
[13:31] | until he owns his own home. | 都不能算是一个真正的人 |
[13:34] | And they that own their own homes | 拥有属于自己的家的人 |
[13:36] | are made more honorable and honest and pure. | 更光荣 更诚实 更纯净 |
[13:42] | – Bucket. – Hey, Henry. | -巴克特 -亨利 |
[13:45] | What’s this woofy? | 这是搞什么 |
[13:46] | A speech by old man Conwell. | 老家伙康威尔的演讲 |
[13:48] | Sap sells his farm to go look for diamonds | 挖了自己农场想找钻石 |
[13:51] | when all along his own place is lousy with them. | 可是他自家附近什么都没有 |
[13:53] | Well, ain’t that ironical? | 是不是很讽刺 |
[13:55] | Say, who’s gonna butt me? | 谁给我来支烟 |
[14:03] | Got a Lucky? | 有烟吗 |
[14:05] | Sure, Bucket. | 当然 巴克特 |
[14:08] | Only my pals call me Bucket. | 兄弟才能叫我巴克特 |
[14:16] | Say, nobody told me Colleen Moore enrolled in school. | 没人告诉我考琳·摩尔来上学了[好莱坞女星] |
[14:20] | Brother, can you lay it on thick. | 兄弟 能老实点儿吗 |
[14:26] | You sit behind me in English lit. | 英国文学课上你坐我后面 |
[14:30] | So, tonight after lights out, | 今晚熄灯之后 |
[14:32] | we’ve got some Paul Whiteman records | 我们有保罗·惠特曼的唱片 |
[14:34] | and we are gonna dust off that Victrola. | 准备试试留声机 |
[14:36] | Doris and I already have plans. | 我和桃瑞丝已经有安排了 |
[14:38] | With some juniors from Penn Sigma Chi. | 和宾州大学男生会的几个新生 |
[14:40] | – Those bums are all wet. – Wet is why we’re going. | -那几个货衰的很 -衰我们才去 |
[14:43] | Well, we have plenty of giggle juice. | 我们有好东西喝 |
[14:45] | Actually, we don’t. | 其实没有啊 |
[14:47] | Well, that settles that, then, doesn’t it? | 这就说明一切了 |
[14:50] | Maybe next time. | 下次吧 |
[14:53] | I can get some. | 我能弄到 |
[14:55] | Some what? | 弄到什么 |
[14:56] | Some booze. | 酒 |
[14:57] | Like fun you can. | 能搞到才怪 |
[14:59] | No, really. I– I know someone. | 不 是真的 我有路子 |
[15:04] | So, tonight, then? | 那就今晚 |
[15:06] | The basement? | 地下室 |
[15:07] | Well, then, it’s a date. | 那么说定了 |
[15:11] | He will be great anywhere. | 那无论在哪他都将有所成就 |
[15:14] | I sympathize with the poor, | 我同情穷人 |
[15:17] | but let us remember… | 但是别忘了 |
[15:19] | …there is not a poor person in America, | 美利坚合众国没有穷人 |
[15:22] | the United States, who was not made poor | 他们之所以是穷人 |
[15:26] | by his own shortcomings. | 全是因为自己不争气 |
[15:39] | It’s clean, relatively. | 还算干净 |
[15:43] | Certainly spacious enough to fit a bachelor’s needs. | 对单身汉来说够宽敞 |
[15:48] | Half expect to see Sherlock Holmes come through the door. | 还有点期待福尔摩斯会从门里出来 |
[15:51] | You’re not convinced. | 你不喜欢啊 |
[15:56] | The windows face west. | 窗户是朝西的 |
[15:59] | It’ll be like the Sahara come 4:00 P.M. | 下午的太阳能晒死我 |
[16:02] | Then again, I would be at the office. | 办公室的太阳已经够我受的了 |
[16:04] | Are you always so indecisive? | 你老是这么拿不定主意吗 |
[16:07] | Not in business, but personally, yeah. | 生意上不是 私事的确是这样 |
[16:11] | It’s endearing. | 真惹人爱 |
[16:12] | Clara found it maddening. | 克莱拉觉得烦死人了 |
[16:14] | Well, Clara was wrong. | 那她就错了 |
[16:28] | You know, I wonder, uh… | 其实我在想 |
[16:32] | – Yes? – Well… | -什么 -那个 |
[16:34] | Another moment of indecision? | 又拿不定主意了吗 |
[16:38] | This evening… | 今晚 |
[16:43] | a man named Hewson, big Ike in the A&P chain, | 有个叫休森 是连锁店的同行 |
[16:47] | rather old-fashioned from what I hear, | 不过思想很保守 |
[16:49] | he’s in town with his wife. | 他跟老婆来这了 |
[16:51] | I’m supposed to meet them for dinner. | 我要跟他们共进晚餐 |
[16:56] | You’re not making this easy. | 你让我越来越难开口了 |
[17:00] | Are you asking me to join you? | 你是想邀我一起去吗 |
[17:02] | Well, yes. | 是的 |
[17:03] | But, you see, it’s very important it go well. | 这顿晚餐很重要 |
[17:06] | He– he thinks I’m still married. | 他以为我还没离婚 |
[17:09] | You’ve never met? | 你们还没见过吗 |
[17:10] | No, I’ve spoken to him on the phone. | 没有 一直是电话联系 |
[17:12] | If he finds out that I’m divorcing– | 要是他发现我离婚了 |
[17:15] | You want me to pretend to be your wife? | 你想让我假扮你妻子 |
[17:20] | That’s not something a gentleman would ask of a lady. | 作为绅士 是不该问女士这种问题的 |
[17:23] | Well, you didn’t even have to. | 没错 根本不用问 |
[17:29] | So, what do we think? | 二位决定了吗 |
[17:35] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:37] | These rooms won’t do. | 这里不行 |
[17:49] | Check the champagne order | 去查查香槟订单 |
[17:50] | and get me 10 extra four-tops. | 再去加十张四人桌 |
[17:53] | Got that car convention in town. | 有个汽车展销会 外地人多 |
[17:55] | Got busboys for that. | 不是有服务员么 |
[17:57] | Shit float downhill, buck. | 你不是给我干活的么 |
[17:58] | Don’t matter to me none where it stop. | 有活你就干 别废话 |
[18:21] | Mr. White. Mr. Purnsley. | 怀特先生 珀斯利先生 |
[18:26] | Them tables ain’t gonna set theyself. | 十张桌子能自己跳出来么 |
[18:34] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[18:34] | May I present Miss Daughter Maitland. | 容我介绍道特·梅特兰小姐 |
[18:38] | Say hello, dear. | 打个招呼 亲爱的 |
[18:41] | Mr. White. | 怀特先生 |
[18:43] | Pleased to meet you. | 见到你很荣幸 |
[18:45] | Miss Maitland is a very gifted singer. | 梅特兰小姐是位很有天赋的歌手 |
[18:47] | Equally accomplished in jazz improvisation and blues. | 即兴爵士乐和蓝调都很擅长 |
[18:51] | Sang on a record. | 还出过唱片吧 |
[18:52] | “Warsaw Blues” With King Oliver. | 与金·奥利弗合作的《华沙蓝调》 |
[18:55] | You know your business, sir. | 你知道的 先生 |
[18:56] | I know what Dickie Pastor held back. | 我知道帕斯特把什么好货色藏住了 |
[18:59] | Behind the stage past the kitchen, | 舞台后面 走过厨房 |
[19:00] | you’ll find a dressing room where you can put your things. | 就是更衣室 你的东西可以放在那 |
[19:13] | – She’s a pretty girl. – She is indeed. | -姑娘挺漂亮 -的确 |
[19:17] | So what’s she doing here? | 她来这干什么 |
[19:19] | Performing for the week. | 来这演出一周 |
[19:22] | I do hope you asking and not telling. | 我希望你能先和我商量一下 |
[19:24] | We are partners, Mr. White, | 我们是合伙人 怀特先生 |
[19:26] | and that girl is a star. | 她是个明星 |
[19:28] | If you will have her. | 当然前提是你肯接受她 |
[19:32] | All right, then. | 好吧 |
[19:37] | Keep that walkway clear now. | 别挡着走道 |
[19:45] | It was my understanding | 我还以为 |
[19:46] | that Mr. Purnsley managed the staff. | 珀斯利先生是管理人员 |
[19:49] | He do as I tell him. | 我让他干什么他就干什么 |
[19:53] | When men make themselves into brutes, | 人若自视为畜生 |
[19:56] | it is just to treat them as brutes. | 便只得作畜生对待 |
[20:16] | Stop fidgeting. | 稳着点 |
[20:20] | That man has a shotgun. | 那个人手里有枪 |
[20:24] | Wait here. | 等着 |
[20:24] | No, I’m not staying out here alone. | 不行 我可不一个人待在这 |
[20:30] | This is supposed to be a food truck, Larry. | 要装成装食品的车 拉里 |
[20:33] | The way them springs sag, | 你看这破烂样 |
[20:34] | it’s pretty obvious it ain’t hauling bananas. | 这副德行一看就不像 |
[20:37] | You boys lose your Scout troop? | 跟着童子军走丢了吗 |
[20:39] | Willie Thompson. Eli’s son. | 威利·汤普森 伊莱的儿子 |
[20:41] | You’re Mickey, right? | 你是米奇 对吧 |
[20:45] | I– I’m Eli’s son. | 我是伊莱的儿子 |
[20:46] | We’ve met before, a few years ago. | 几年前见过 |
[20:51] | Well, I’m away at college now. | 我上大学去了 |
[20:53] | Boola-boola. | 搏啦搏啦 |
[20:53] | That’s Yale. We go to Temple. | 那是耶鲁的 我们在天普大学 |
[20:56] | Funny. You don’t look Jewish. | 你们看着不像犹太人啊 |
[21:00] | So we were hoping to get some booze. | 我们想弄点酒 |
[21:03] | Oh, you were, huh? How about we call your pop? | 是吗 要不问问你爸 |
[21:06] | See what he thinks about that? | 看他想不想 |
[21:07] | – No, no, I just– – Take a hike, kid. | -不 别 -走吧 孩子 |
[21:08] | – I need it for a party. – Are you deaf? | -办派对要用 -你聋子吗 |
[21:11] | Or just stupid? | 还是没脑子 |
[21:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[21:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:17] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:20] | Don’t let the door hit you in the brains. | 小心别被门挤了脑袋 |
[21:28] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[21:32] | Hey! Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[21:34] | Nowhere. Mr. Doyle just– | 不去哪 多伊尔先生 |
[21:36] | Hey, Mick, you okay this? | 米奇 让他走吗 |
[21:42] | What the fuck I say, huh? | 我他妈说什么了 啊 |
[21:44] | – Fucking thief! – I’m sorry. | -小偷 -抱歉 |
[21:46] | – What, was this your idea? – No, sir. | -是你的主意吗 -不是 先生 |
[21:50] | I’m calling your father right now. | 我去给你爸打电话 |
[21:53] | No, no, Mr. Doyle, please. | 别 多伊尔先生 求你了 |
[21:55] | My dad said he’d kill me if I got in trouble like this. | 我爸要是知道我惹事得宰了我 |
[21:58] | – I mean, my mother would have– – All right. | -我妈肯定 -行了 |
[22:00] | Don’t get so dramatic. | 别激动 |
[22:09] | Can’t go around robbing people. | 别没事就抢人家东西 |
[22:13] | It’s a good thing your dad’s my pal. Now scat. | 你爸是我朋友 算你走运 快滚 |
[22:20] | And we’ll keep this between us, okay? | 这事谁都别说 明白吗 |
[22:22] | Man-to-man. | 咱们俩的秘密 |
[22:23] | And not a word about any of this, capisce? | 你也别跟同学提起这地方 明白吗 |
[22:31] | Take the booze, kid. | 把酒拿上吧 孩子 |
[22:37] | Go ahead. | 拿吧 |
[22:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:35] | Here’s something you actually accomplished. | 看看你得的奖杯 |
[24:44] | Remember me? Carl Billings? | 还记得我吗 卡尔·比灵斯 |
[24:49] | We met on a train last summer. | 去年夏天火车上遇见的 |
[24:54] | Do you or don’t you? | 还记不记得 |
[24:56] | I remember. | 记得 |
[24:59] | You agreed to take on a certain job. | 你同意接我的活 |
[25:02] | Something you knew how to do. | 那件事你知道怎么做 |
[25:04] | As I recall, | 我回想一下 |
[25:06] | you said it was the one thing on earth you were good at. | 你说那是你唯一擅长的事 |
[25:10] | And I said half now, half when you finish. | 我说先付一半 办成之后再付另一半 |
[25:16] | But you didn’t finish. | 但是你没办成 |
[25:17] | You left a man alive, which makes me concerned | 你留了活口 这让我很担心 |
[25:20] | about a conversation we had | 去年夏天的时候 |
[25:24] | on the train | 我们在火车上 |
[25:26] | last summer. | 的那次谈话 |
[25:39] | Just a wallet. | 只有个钱包 |
[25:47] | What’s this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[25:51] | You haven’t touched it. | 你还没花 |
[25:53] | This makes you honest? | 这让你显得很诚实吗 |
[25:57] | You don’t have any kind of a code. | 你没有什么原则 |
[26:00] | You kill for hire. | 别人雇你杀人 |
[26:02] | And this just makes you stupid. | 这只能证明你是个蠢人 |
[26:06] | And how do you trust a stupid man? | 你怎么能信任一个蠢人 |
[26:12] | Well? | 好吧 |
[26:31] | Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[26:33] | I’m doing you a favor. | 我杀你是让你解脱 |
[27:05] | Next time you might want to consider a life preserver. | 下次你得考虑带个救生圈了 |
[27:11] | So much for always sunny. | 看来天气也不总是阳光灿烂 |
[27:12] | Into each life some rain must fall. | 下雨没什么稀奇的 |
[27:14] | And in Tampa, that’s at least once a day. | 在坦帕 每天至少会下一次 |
[27:17] | – August Tucker. – They call you Gus? | -我是奥古斯特·塔克 -他们叫你古斯吗 |
[27:19] | Not if they want to stay friends. | 如果想继续交朋友就别这么叫 |
[27:22] | Sit. | 请坐 |
[27:24] | Nucky Thompson. | 我是努基·汤普森 |
[27:26] | Well, hell, I know that. | 我认识你 |
[27:28] | Bill here told me all about you. | 比尔跟我说过很多你的事情 |
[27:31] | – Is that right? – We met back in ’20 | -是吗 -我们二十年代就认识了 |
[27:32] | when I was doing those rum runs up from the Caribbean. | 那时我正在从加勒比运朗姆酒呢 |
[27:35] | In the good old, bad old days before the feds got wise. | 那些浮浮沉沉的日子 后来联邦探员就变得聪明了 |
[27:37] | Who you telling? | 可不是嘛 |
[27:40] | To new friends and old. | 敬新老朋友 |
[27:42] | Well, hang on, now. I want to be friends, too. | 等一下 我也想做朋友 |
[27:49] | Leave that bottle and scat. | 把瓶子放下 走开 |
[27:59] | – So. – So. | -开始吧 -开始吧 |
[28:07] | Ready to get rich? | 准备好变富翁了吗 |
[28:10] | I’m already rich, Mr. Tucker. | 我已经是富翁了 塔克先生 |
[28:11] | But I’m talking millions. | 我说的可是几百万 |
[28:13] | What good would millions do me in jail? | 我进监狱了要几百万还有什么用 |
[28:17] | Come again? | 再说一遍 |
[28:18] | You agree, I assume, that our business | 我猜你承认我们的生意 |
[28:20] | requires a certain degree of secrecy? | 需要高度保密 |
[28:23] | Naturally, sure. | 那是自然 |
[28:24] | Then this land is worthless. | 那这块土地就毫无价值 |
[28:27] | – What? – But, Nuck– | -什么 -但是 努克 |
[28:28] | The entire surrounding area is being developed. | 整个周边地区正在开发 |
[28:31] | Houses, country clubs, schools. | 住宅 乡村俱乐部 学校 |
[28:33] | But it’s 14,000 acres. | 但是面积有一万四千英亩 |
[28:36] | We’d still control enough land | 我们还是有足够的地盘 |
[28:37] | that we’d off-load in total privacy. | 来秘密地运货卸货 |
[28:39] | And when the convoy of trucks leaves the property | 当卡车每天早上离开这里 |
[28:41] | every morning and rumbles down Main Street past the church, | 从主街上的教堂前面呼啸而过 |
[28:44] | – then what? – Well… | -然后怎么样办 -好吧 |
[28:46] | there’s a risk in everything, Nuck. | 做什么都有风险 努克 |
[28:49] | Not when I can avoid it. | 我能避免的话就没风险 |
[28:52] | – You told me he was in. – He was. | -你跟我说他会合作 -是的 |
[28:55] | I mean, I thought he– | 我是说 我以为他 |
[28:58] | I said that I’d consider it. And I did. | 我说我会考虑 我考虑了 |
[29:01] | That’s not what I was told. | 他们可不是这么跟我说的 |
[29:02] | Then you were told wrong, Mr. Tucker. | 那就是他们说错了 塔克先生 |
[29:10] | Nucky, please. | 努基 求你了 |
[29:11] | We got the seller right where we want him. | 我们的卖家就在这 |
[29:13] | Sorry, boys. | 抱歉了 伙计们 |
[29:15] | You’ll have to find yourselves a new partner. | 你们得重新找合伙人了 |
[29:17] | I don’t like having my time wasted. | 我不喜欢浪费我的时间 |
[29:20] | You’re not the one who came all the way down here. | 你可没大老远的跑过来 |
[29:28] | Thanks for your hospitality. | 谢谢你的款待 |
[30:27] | Well, what do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[30:28] | Quite the chanteuse. | 很棒的女歌手 |
[30:30] | We have nothing like that back home. | 我们家那里没有唱得这么好的 |
[30:32] | And where is home, Helen? | 你们的家在哪 海伦 |
[30:34] | Evansville, Indiana. Ever heard of it? | 印第安纳州的伊凡斯维尔 听说过吗 |
[30:39] | I can’t say I have. | 没有听过 |
[30:41] | We’ll have to visit for our anniversary. | 我们只能在周年纪念日去那里了 |
[30:47] | Roy tells me that you’re thinking of merging with Piggly Wiggly. | 罗伊跟我说你在考虑和小猪妞妞合并 |
[30:50] | Oh, he does, does he? | 他跟你说了 是吗 |
[30:54] | Was I not supposed to say that? | 我不该说吗 |
[30:55] | No, no, that’s fine. It’s not exactly a national secret. | 不不 没关系 不是什么大秘密 |
[30:58] | Let’s just wait till the deal closes, shall we? | 我们等确定之后再谈 好吗 |
[31:01] | Come on, have some coffee. It’ll settle your nerves. | 喝点咖啡 能让你冷静一下 |
[31:05] | That coffee will get us all thrown in jail. | 这咖啡会让我们都进监狱 |
[31:07] | Oh, what’s the harm? | 有什么害处 |
[31:11] | Your wife always so eager to break the law? | 你妻子总这么热衷于犯法吗 |
[31:13] | Oh, she’s incorrigible. | 她无药可救了 |
[31:15] | Me? You’re the one who tried to marry me | 我 你可是在我没到法定年龄 |
[31:18] | when I was still underage. | 就要跟我结婚的人 |
[31:20] | Can’t blame him for that. | 这可不能怪他 |
[31:22] | I, for one, need some coffee. | 我需要喝点咖啡 |
[31:25] | What the heck? | 有什么大不了的 |
[31:32] | Pardon me. | 失陪一下 |
[31:34] | I’m going to powder my nose. | 我要去补下妆 |
[31:35] | I’ll join you. | 我一起去 |
[31:55] | Well, was I lying? | 我说谎了吗 |
[31:58] | The white folks seem to like her. | 白人很喜欢她 |
[32:00] | Yes. That would be very important. | 是的 这很重要 |
[32:11] | To you. | 对你而言 |
[32:19] | Some ferocious guard dogs and a few fellas | 几只看门恶狗和一些拿枪的人 |
[32:22] | with shotguns. | 在放风 |
[32:24] | – But nothing to concern yourself– – Thanks a lot. | -没什么可担心的 -谢谢了 |
[32:31] | I am just bored out of my mind, | 我快无聊死了 |
[32:31] | then suddenly… | 突然间 |
[32:36] | Great party, Thompson. | 派对真棒 汤普森 |
[32:38] | So where’d you get all this stuff? | 你从哪弄到这些东西的 |
[32:39] | – I bet he nicked it. – Don’t be stupid. | -肯定是偷的 -别傻了 |
[32:41] | Not a wise head like Thompson. | 汤普森那么聪明怎么会去偷 |
[32:42] | Watch my shoe. | 别踩我的鞋 |
[32:45] | So, you pick the ladies tonight or what? | 你今晚挑好女孩了吗 |
[32:48] | Once they start drinking, we all do. | 她们开始喝酒 我们就能挑好了 |
[32:50] | Thompson to the rescue. Where’d you get this stuff? | 汤普森救了我们 你从哪弄到的 |
[32:54] | – A friend. – Oh, you got some friends? | -一个朋友 -你还有朋友呢 |
[32:55] | You’re my hero, Thompson. You know that? | 你是我的英雄 汤普森 你知道吗 |
[32:58] | This kid’s been laughing at himself. | 那孩子在自取其辱 |
[32:59] | Having his first drink. | 第一次喝到酒 |
[33:01] | Look at him. Thinks he’s a hotshot now. | 看看他 以为自己是大人物了 |
[33:05] | – Thompson saved the day, so… – That’s right. | -汤普森拯救了今天 所以 -是的 |
[33:07] | – Congratulations. – Come on, Henry. | -恭喜 -住手 亨利 |
[33:09] | – Cut it out. Henry. – Anyway, a toast to Thompson. | -住手 亨利 -不管怎样 为汤普森举杯 |
[33:12] | – To Thompson. – To Thompson. | -敬汤普森 -敬汤普森 |
[33:13] | – Our boy. – You’re my hero. | -我们的好兄弟 -你是我的英雄 |
[33:15] | Henry, quit it! | 亨利 走开 |
[33:19] | Easy, Henry. | 冷静点 亨利 |
[33:20] | Mind your business, Thompson. | 别多管闲事 汤普森 |
[33:22] | That’s for Doris to decide. | 桃瑞丝说的算 |
[33:25] | I’d like to leave now. Walk me? | 我想要走了 送送我 |
[33:28] | Sure. | 好的 |
[33:30] | Let’s beat it, then, shall we? | 那我们就走吧 好吗 |
[33:40] | Sure, Doris, go slumming. | 桃瑞丝 去贫民窟吧 |
[33:51] | Wait. I want to show you something. | 等等 我有东西给你看 |
[33:53] | In the library. | 在书房 |
[34:19] | I owe this man. | 我欠他的 |
[34:22] | – Owe him what? – Money. | -欠他什么 -钱 |
[34:25] | A lot of it. | 很多钱 |
[34:27] | When I was arrested, | 我被捕的时候 |
[34:28] | had my ships confiscated– | 我的船也被没收了 |
[34:31] | It was his scotch on board. | 船上是他的酒 |
[34:35] | How much? | 值多少 |
[34:37] | Almost 200 grand. | 差不多二十万 |
[34:40] | He was there waiting the day I got out of jail. | 他在门口等着我出狱 |
[34:44] | He was the first thing I saw | 我重见天日的那天 |
[34:45] | when my eyes adjusted to the sunlight. | 他是我第一个看见的人 |
[34:47] | If you needed money, why didn’t you just ask me? | 你需要钱 为什么不问我要 |
[34:49] | Because I wanted to earn it. | 因为我想自己挣 |
[34:51] | I’m not some goddamn charity case. | 我又不是收集善款的箱子 |
[34:53] | Earn it? | 自己挣 |
[34:54] | He said if I made the intro, | 他说 如果我搭桥 |
[34:56] | got you involved as his partner, | 让你做他的合伙人 |
[34:59] | he’d forgive the debt. | 我的债就一笔勾销 |
[35:00] | I’m supposed to partner with some two-bit fucking hillbilly? | 我应该和低贱的乡巴佬合作吗 |
[35:03] | He’s a big man around these parts. | 他是这一带的大人物 |
[35:06] | I’ve already met the world’s | 他只是 |
[35:07] | tallest midget on the midway back home. | 矮子里充高个儿 |
[35:09] | He’s got the locals in his pocket. | 这里的人都听他的 |
[35:12] | All the things you’re worried about. | 你所担心的事情 |
[35:14] | – He could pave the road– – The deal is shit. | -他能牵线搭桥 -这笔生意根本没搞头 |
[35:17] | And you know it. | 你心里清楚 |
[35:24] | The fuck am I gonna do? | 我他妈的该怎么办 |
[35:29] | You made your bed, Bill. | 比尔 你是自食其果 |
[35:34] | I thought you were my friend. | 我以为我们是朋友 |
[35:41] | If you had come to me like one, it’d be different. | 如果你像一个朋友来求我 那就不一样了 |
[35:45] | Train tickets. Stupid coconut drinks. | 买车票 椰子酒 |
[35:49] | All your syrupy fucking sales talk. | 满嘴胡话的推销 |
[35:52] | I was desperate, Nuck. | 我太绝望了 努基 |
[35:56] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:58] | I made a mistake. | 是我犯了错 |
[36:01] | Well, look at you now. | 看看你现在的德行 |
[36:32] | Where were you married? When were you married? | 你们哪年结的婚 在哪里结的婚 |
[36:34] | – Talk about an inquest. – You got off easy. | -像审问犯人一样 -你反应真快 |
[36:37] | I was about to invent a brood of six and have you name them all. | 我本来想虚构六个孩子 让你说名字 |
[36:40] | Six? | 六个 |
[36:41] | Someone’s got a wicked streak. | 某人真是奇怪啊 |
[36:43] | Me? You’re the one planning our anniversary trip. | 我奇怪 你都在安排我们的周年旅行了 |
[36:46] | To Mudville, sure. Wherever they’re from. | 去啥啥斯维尔 他们的那啥家乡 |
[36:54] | A nickel for your thoughts. | 说说你的想法 赏你五分钱 |
[36:57] | I pay better than most people. | 我比大多数人都大方 |
[37:00] | I was thinking | 我在想 |
[37:02] | we make a pretty swell team. | 我们搭档的很好 |
[37:09] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 打扰了 女士 |
[37:12] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[37:13] | I beg your pardon, but we– | 打扰了 我们… |
[37:15] | I don’t mean to intrude. | 我无意打扰 |
[37:17] | We’ve met before. | 我们以前见过 |
[37:19] | I’m sorry, I don’t– | 对不起 我不… |
[37:21] | My friend Roger, about a year ago, | 我的朋友罗杰 大概一年前 |
[37:23] | outside the restaurant Abe Klein’s on the boardwalk. | 木板路上的亚伯·克莱因餐馆外面 |
[37:27] | Say, what’s this all about? | 这是怎么一回事 |
[37:29] | I really couldn’t say. | 我真的不知道 |
[37:30] | You introduced yourself, gave him a smoke. | 你自我介绍 给了他一支烟 |
[37:33] | – I’m sure you’re mistaken. – I beg your pardon? | -你肯定搞错了 -什么 |
[37:35] | I’m sure it was you. | 我肯定是你 |
[37:37] | He said something about going to your house for Easter. | 他之前说去你家过复活节 |
[37:40] | And then he did a– – | 然后他… |
[37:41] | This person is making me very uncomfortable. | 这人让我非常不舒服 |
[37:43] | – All right, that’s enough. – Sorry, mister. | -行了 够了 -抱歉 先生 |
[37:45] | Hey, take it on the arches, son. | 小子 马上滚开 |
[37:58] | The heck was that all about? | 搞什么鬼啊 |
[38:01] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[38:06] | Excuse me. I need the ladies’. | 抱歉 我去下洗手间 |
[38:25] | Just a moment. | 等一会儿 |
[39:20] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[39:22] | I’m fine, yes. | 我没事 |
[39:24] | I just… | 我只是 |
[39:32] | It melted. | 化了 |
[39:48] | Oh, your lip. | 你的嘴唇 |
[40:23] | Well, go on, Romeo. Don’t let us interrupt. | 继续啊 情圣 别管我们 |
[40:25] | – You think this is funny? – Come on, sport. | -这很好玩吗 -别这么小气嘛 小子 |
[40:30] | Touch me again, I’ll break your nose. | 再碰我 把你鼻子打断 |
[40:35] | Well, it looks like your | 看上去 |
[40:37] | anger’s not the only thing that’s arisen. | 不光是你的怒气升起来了 |
[40:44] | It’s Thompson’s Willie. | 是汤普森的小弟弟 |
[40:49] | A cold shower will work wonders, Romeo. | 情圣 冷水澡会有奇效 |
[41:29] | Is he alive? | 他还活着吗 |
[41:32] | Well, he’s breathing. | 他还有呼吸 |
[41:34] | Alive is a matter of opinion. | 活还是死取决于你怎么看 |
[41:37] | Does it ever stop raining? | 这雨停过吗 |
[41:40] | It always has. | 一直在下 |
[41:45] | So how about you? | 那你呢 |
[41:47] | Are you alive? | 你还活着吗 |
[41:50] | I recall that I was once. | 曾经活着 |
[41:52] | What happened? | 出了什么事 |
[41:56] | Prohibition. | 禁酒令 |
[41:59] | Till then, I was a simple, | 在那之前 |
[42:01] | run-of-the-mill crook– a corrupt city official. | 我是个普通的坏蛋 一个腐败的政府官员 |
[42:05] | And I was happy. | 我那时很开心 |
[42:07] | Plenty of money, plenty of friends, plenty of everything. | 充足的钱 充足的朋友 无忧无虑 |
[42:12] | Then suddenly, plenty wasn’t enough. | 然后突然 仅仅是充足已经不够了 |
[42:15] | Well, I ain’t buying it. | 我可不相信 |
[42:17] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[42:18] | Anybody who says money doesn’t buy happiness | 凡是说钱买不到快乐的人 |
[42:21] | doesn’t know where to shop. | 根本不知道去哪里买快乐 |
[42:25] | So I hear. | 我听说过 |
[42:33] | My son’s birthday tomorrow. Name’s Teddy. | 明天是我儿子的生日 他叫泰迪 |
[42:36] | How old? | 多大 |
[42:40] | – 10? – You don’t know? | -十岁吧 -你不清楚吗 |
[42:43] | He’s no longer with me. | 他不在我身边了 |
[42:45] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[42:47] | Oh, he’s not dead. He’s in Brooklyn. | 他没死 他在布鲁克林 |
[42:50] | There’s that matter of opinion again. | 死了还是活着 取决于你怎么看 |
[42:56] | Rain’s over. | 雨停了 |
[42:58] | I’ve been meaning to send him something. | 我一直想送他点东西 |
[43:01] | – Who? – My son. | -送谁 -我的儿子 |
[43:06] | Maybe the better gift is to let him forget me. | 也许最好的礼物是让他忘了我 |
[43:11] | Well, that’s convenient. | 够方便的啊 |
[43:13] | Beg pardon? | 什么 |
[43:14] | That the best choice requires | 最好的礼物 |
[43:15] | the least amount of effort on your part. | 最少的精力 |
[43:18] | I thought bartenders were supposed to be sympathetic. | 我以为调酒师都颇有同情心 |
[43:22] | Welcome to Sally’s. | 欢迎光临萨利酒家 |
[43:24] | That you? | 是你的名字吗 |
[43:26] | – Sally Wheet. – Nucky Thompson. | -萨利·维特 -努基·汤普森 |
[43:30] | I know all about it. | 我知道你 |
[43:31] | You’re all Tucker’s talked about for weeks. | 这几周塔克都在念叨你 |
[43:34] | Big man in these parts, so I hear. | 这一带的大人物 我听说了 |
[43:37] | He thinks so. | 他是这么想的 |
[43:43] | Give me one of those and I’ll dish. | 给我一只 我和你聊聊 |
[43:46] | Gee, you’re easy. | 天呢 你要求可真低 |
[43:56] | August Tucker, | 奥古斯特·塔克 |
[43:58] | Georgia native, son of moonshiners. | 乔治亚本地人 非法酿酒商的儿子 |
[44:00] | Made his way to Tampa after the war. | 战后在坦帕逐渐做大 |
[44:03] | How long before he discovered you? | 他发现你多长时间了 |
[44:07] | We’re friends. | 我们是朋友 |
[44:09] | We do a little business on occasion. | 偶尔做点生意 |
[44:11] | Is he dangerous? | 他危险吗 |
[44:16] | He’s kind of like this fella. | 他有点像这家伙 |
[44:18] | He’d kill you if he got a chance, | 如果给他机会他会杀了你 |
[44:21] | but he’s not very smart, either. | 但是他并不聪明 |
[44:24] | So how does a not-so-smart semidangerous man | 那这个不怎么聪明却又危险的人 |
[44:27] | run the rackets down in Tampa? | 怎么在坦帕混起来的 |
[44:29] | Enough money and the right connections, | 足够的钱 找对了关系 |
[44:33] | you can do pretty much anything down here. | 在这就什么都能做 |
[44:41] | Oh, God. | 天呢 |
[45:07] | What you want, friend? | 你想要什么 朋友 |
[45:10] | You want some of this? | 想来点这个吗 |
[45:11] | – A switchblade. – I’ll use it, too. | -弹簧刀 -我还会用它的 |
[45:13] | Of that I have no doubt. | 我一点都不怀疑 |
[45:15] | But what good would another dead Negro do to either of us? | 但是再死一个黑人有什么好处呢 |
[45:18] | Make me feel a mite better. | 能让我开心一点 |
[45:19] | We have no quarrel, Mr. Purnsley. | 我们没有死人恩怨 珀斯利先生 |
[45:21] | How about you getting even for Dickie Pastor? | 那你来追究迪基·帕斯特的事怎么算 |
[45:23] | That account has been settled. | 那笔帐已经一笔勾销了 |
[45:25] | And in any event, it was merely financial in nature. | 而且 那都是钱的事 |
[45:38] | I’m here on new business. | 我来这是有新的生意要做 |
[45:46] | – Mr. White– – He ain’t here right now. | -怀特先生 -他现在不在 |
[45:49] | Why should he be? | 他当然不在 |
[45:50] | when he has you to do the slave labor? | 有你在干这些脏活他为什么还在 |
[45:54] | He offered to give you up | 他提出要拿你的命 |
[45:57] | in exchange for Dickie Pastor. | 换迪基·帕斯特的 |
[46:00] | His Libyan brother for a Nordic devil. | 他的黑人兄弟来换一个白人的命 |
[46:03] | Chalky White ain’t never been my friend. | 朝琪·怀特从来都不是我的朋友 |
[46:05] | Well, that much is obvious. | 这很明显 |
[46:37] | Do you know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[46:47] | Heroin. | 海洛因 |
[46:51] | It is freedom. | 这是自由 |
[46:53] | Power. | 权力 |
[46:55] | Control over men who are lesser than you. | 控制那些不如你的人 |
[46:58] | Chalky White is one of those men. | 朝琪·怀特就是其中之一 |
[47:02] | Where you going, friend? | 你想说什么[去哪] 朋友 |
[47:05] | As far as you’d like me to take you. | 只要你让我带领着你 |
[47:08] | But we shall go there together. | 但是我们要一起去 |
[47:33] | McCoy, you in there? | 麦考伊 你在里面吗 |
[47:40] | McCoy! | 麦考伊 |
[47:42] | Let’s settle this! | 我们把问题解决了 |
[47:59] | Augie. I didn’t hear you. | 奥吉 我没听到你 |
[48:02] | The hell you chopping coconuts | 你半夜三点 |
[48:04] | 3:00 in the morning for? | 切椰子干什么 |
[48:06] | Doc says drink a quart a day. | 医生说让我每天喝一点 |
[48:08] | You know, good for the ticker. | 对心脏有好处 |
[48:11] | Augie, okay. | 奥吉 好吧 |
[48:13] | That business this evening, I know what you’re thinking. | 今晚的生意 我知道你是怎么想的 |
[48:16] | I’ll bet you don’t. | 我打赌你不知道 |
[48:18] | But you’re gonna know about it now. | 但你现在马上要知道了 |
[48:26] | How’d it happen, Rick? | 怎么弄的 里克 |
[48:29] | Clearing out the barn. | 清理谷仓 |
[48:32] | There’s a lot of junk in there. | 里面有一大堆垃圾 |
[48:34] | That pile’s practically coming down on its own. | 那堆东西基本上就是自己散了 |
[48:38] | I keep telling her, but, you know. | 我一直在跟她说 但是 你懂的 |
[48:45] | Tell her what? | 告诉她什么 |
[48:49] | You’re her brother. | 你是她兄弟 |
[48:50] | I don’t– | 我 |
[48:57] | It’s like she’s under ice. | 就好像她被人管着 |
[49:00] | She can’t move. | 不能动 |
[49:03] | Gerry’s gone. | 杰里死了 |
[49:06] | She’s gonna have a child to raise. | 她马上要生孩子 |
[49:09] | This isn’t any kind of place to live alone. | 这种情况不应该一个人生活 |
[49:12] | I mean, she thinks the world of you, | 她很非常重视你的存在 |
[49:17] | but you’re only visiting. | 但你只是回来暂住 |
[49:19] | – All squared away. – Wish you’d let me help, Emmy. | -都弄好了 -应该让我帮你的 艾米 |
[49:23] | You wouldn’t know where to put things. | 你不知道该往哪放 |
[49:26] | When’s the train? | 火车几点 |
[49:28] | 2:27. | 两点二十七 |
[49:30] | We’ll get him there in plenty of time. | 我会把他送过去 时间还早 |
[49:39] | Don’t be a loon, Rick. I’ll carry it. | 别这么见外 里克 我来拿 |
[49:44] | You Harrows. You act like there’s no one else on Earth. | 你们哈罗家的人 好像世界上只有你们一家人一样 |
[50:04] | In France when I couldn’t sleep… | 在法国我睡不着的时候 |
[50:09] | when I was full of fear, | 心中充满恐惧的时候 |
[50:12] | I’d think about the day I’d come home. | 我会想到我回家的那天 |
[50:17] | I’d be in my dress uniform. | 我会穿着军礼服 |
[50:20] | I’d have medals. | 会赢得勋章 |
[50:22] | I wouldn’t wear them, but I’d have them. | 我不会佩戴它们 但我会拿着 |
[50:25] | I’d see the yard, | 看到院子 |
[50:29] | the cornflowers along the fence. | 栅栏边上开满矢车菊 |
[50:34] | The porch, the old flag. | 门廊 老旗子 |
[50:39] | Mother, Father, Sampson, | 妈妈 爸爸 桑普森 |
[50:43] | you. | 还有你 |
[50:56] | Send me an address | 如果想让我知道你在哪 |
[51:00] | if you want me to know where you are. | 就把地址告诉我 |
[51:07] | Come here. | 过来 |
[51:22] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[51:25] | You need to call yourself to account. | 你要好自为之了 |
[51:58] | Mr. Thompson, we’re here for your bags. | 汤普森先生 我们来给您拿箱子的 |
[52:00] | And this came for you. | 这是给您的 |
[52:05] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[52:32] | Best thing since sliced bread, I think. | 自从切片面包出现之后最好的东西 |
[52:35] | – Well, I think we’ve got a deal. – Yeah. | -那就这么定了 -是的 |
[52:37] | Shall we shake on it? | 来握手吧 |
[52:40] | – You bet. – Put her there. | -当然 -把它放进去 |
[52:41] | You’re gonna love this. See right here? | 你会喜欢的 看那 |
[52:49] | Outside line. | 接外线 |
[52:52] | Bill McCoy, please. | 比尔·麦考伊 谢谢 |
[52:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:58] | Paging Mark Frasin. | 呼叫马克·弗拉辛 |
[53:05] | Hello? | 喂 |
[53:06] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[53:08] | Who? | 谁 |
[53:10] | – Nucky. – Hey, Nuck. | -努基 -努克 |
[53:13] | Jesus. | 天呢 |
[53:14] | I’m in. | 我决定加入 |
[53:17] | What? | 什么 |
[53:19] | The deal, I’ve reconsidered. | 那个买卖 我重新考虑过了 |
[53:21] | Tell your hillbilly friend Tucker I’m in. | 告诉你那个乡巴佬朋友塔克 我加入 |
[53:23] | But he awewers to me, understand? | 但是他得听我的 明白吗 |
[53:27] | Sure, Nuck. | 当然 努克 |
[53:28] | Right. | 好的 |
[53:30] | Of course. | 当然 |
[53:31] | I’ll be sending someone do in a few day with The money. | 几天之后我就派人带钱过来 |
[53:35] | Yes. | 好 |
[53:38] | – Thank you. – All right, then. | -谢谢 -好 挂了 |